I should point out that my relationship with the Omegaverse is a rocky one.
Male-Pregnancy confuses and creeps me out, and the fact that females seem redundant makes me uncomfortable.
That said: I have been feeling like worldbuilding for a while now, and surprisingly enough, this is not the first time I have obsessed over alternative-physiology (InuYasha). So I decided to go ahead and create an Omegaverse that 1) makes sense to me, 2) doesn't make me too uncomfortable, and 3) fits with the majority of what I have already read.
This guide was designed to explain the Omegaverse primarily to myself by answering all of the questions that most authors conveniently forget to explain. I would have included diagrams, but I have only found one of Omega-men, which isn't very useful for the other 3/4 of the A/O spectrum, so I'm going to have to take some liberties with the reproductive system here. Rest assured, I will try to be as realistic as possible.
For those of you who are wondering, these are the questions I had which prompted this guide:
1) What does an Alpha-Female look like? What do they DO?
2) What do Omega-Females look like? Are they just like Beta females with the addition of a Heat, or is there some other physiological difference?
3) Are the external genitalia of the Omega-Male functional or vestigial? (Can they impregnate?)
4) Why do Betas exist?
5) Is an Omega-Male the same thing as a Female? (et cetera)
6) How is homosexuality identified in the Omegaverse? Is Homosexuality an issue at ALL in the Omegaverse?
7) Can an Omega in Heat legally give consent? What exactly constitutes Rape during a Heat?
8) Can Betas pair-bond?
9) Exactly what happens during bonding?
10) What exactly happens during a Heat? During a Rut?
Many of the stories I have read have attempted to answer some of these questions, but there has been very little agreement, with the exception of what happens during a Heat. While many people have the same theories about what happens during a Heat, there are some incontinuities that I wanted to clear up.
While I am going to be figuring most things out for myself, I will leave some topics open for debate (provided anyone actually reads this), particularly regarding the social aspect of the Omegaverse. If at any point I do not explain something clearly enough, if I skip a topic you would like to be explained, or if you have any omegaverse-related questions, comments, corrections, or opinions please feel free to comment. I want to make this as in-depth as possible, and I want to know what theories you have (whether or not I agree with you will obviously dictate whether or not your opinion actually gets included in this guide, but I don't know everything, and it's important to open up a line of dialogue.
I hope you find this informative and entertaining.