Actions

Work Header

Cinco Storia

Summary:

Jupiter is dead. Iason ascends into the godhood...and he takes Riki with him. Post-timeline. My supposed 'what-ifs' of the story.
----
AN ANNOUNCEMENT: Beginning this year (2023), the Heiress Apparent of the name "Yuri, the Demoness", will take over the story. Please give it up for the NINTH. Show her your love and support too. Thank you my lovelies! It's been a blast!
----
Originally Published: 09-18-13 | Last Updated: 11-2022 | Chapters: 87 (Ongoing) | Running Word Count: ~ | From: Fanfiction.net

Notes:

Author's Ek-ek: ALL my characters are male or turned male. If you want to follow me around with my other stories, I am also available in fanfiction.net where this story is likewise receiving its updates. You can also look me up on Facebook: Yuri the Eighth Demoness.

Chapter 1: Storia Isa, Awakened

Chapter Text

Yuri: "Just to make it clear, I want a MALE Jupiter " And life became a little more interesting after I said that. (sarcastic laugh)

Apologies  the Seventh. My temper got the best of me. ^_^


Just when Tanagura was on the brink of destruction, the Council, then already made up of all the Tanagura Blondies, had discovered them, the lovers, Iason and his mongrel Pet, Riki, locked in each other's naked embrace, nothing more on them but the now-Black Pet and Master's Rings, both bodies twined like some beautiful artwork encased in stone and ash, sealed under the detritus of the fallen plant.

They had survived the destruction of Jupiter in a cocoon, whether they were aware of it, had a hand in it or not, was still a baffling mystery. But they were alive, breathing, surprisingly unscathed and without defect, the incident that had taken place before their supposed demise somehow, for some reason, not affecting them both although much of the Council were furious.

They thought the two to be merely lucky...and if they had survived the Fall of the God, they will not survive the execution the others wanted.

In earnest, however, Raoul had ordered them to be brought into the lab for analysis and instead diverted the lovers' fates in the mean time, although he was beginning to sense how pointless it was. Even if he did find a way to awaken them both, no, even just Iason, there's no telling what the Council will still do.

But it was worth a shot. It was worth the risk if he could help an old friend. Indeed, he had even made contact with Katze, Iason's most trusted subordinate, to make away with the two sleeping forms if any further threat arose.

Meanwhile the Council was wrapped in paranoia.

Their hold upon the Capital, pressed by the Commonwealth trying to sniff the lack of Jupiter's intervention for almost a year, and the ironically painful salvaging by elites of whatever was left of their pride, slowly crumbled Tanagura to dust. Yet Katze would bring them somewhere safe: including Riki of course because Raoul knew how much Iason would lament if he ever lost the mongrel again.

But then Raoul's worries would have been unnecessary. Because just when he feared having to fight to have his friend and the beloved Pet alive, that was when it happened.

Jupiter showed his final mercy, his last dying Will...that Tanagura continue even without his godly presence supervising it. Jupiter had chosen a new god to take his place, and it was Iason's body that he had found favourable. And Riki's, which somehow was not so unexpected but was a wicked twist all the same...

It started that time when everyone noticed some activity in Jupiter's remains a week after Iason and Riki's bodies were found. The System that went rogue and destructive almost to collapsing suddenly became passive and obedient, reactive to the subtle programming the Council then put it through. They were able to restore part of the System that run some of Tanagura, which was unusual indeed, considering how futile their attempts had been in the last year since the incident.

Then under the scrutiny of Raoul's scanners a discovery was made as to why exactly the dead System was showing signs of life again. It was Iason. Unconsciously manipulating and writing sequences of codes for Jupiter's sleeping ends, showing waves exactly identical to that of the supercomputer.

The Council was stunned!

Then Riki demonstrated the same, taking Iason's algorithms and actually executing them in his unconsciousness to slowly repair what was left of the Tanaguran Super System, throwing the Council into even further shock and awe, but putting a sort of victorious smile on Raoul's face. This meant they could not be dispensable. To further the claim, he immediately hooked their cocoon into a complicated uplink. It worked in an instant. The floodgates of all hidden data banks burst forth open for the Capital to once more utilize.

Raoul next made a bold move by suggesting that they needed the two now, and for them to be executed out of old tradition and scandal would prove as nothing more but fatal to all of Tanagura and simply egotistic. But it somehow had not gotten through. The fact that Jupiter has chosen Iason to replace it was not acceptable to the Council's members. They still wanted him and the Pet put on trial. And dead.

But just when Raoul was about to give up, calling in Katze to execute their contingency plan finally, another incident happened that would seal the lovers' return into acceptance for certain...

It was a weekend. The now-officially-named cocoon which held Iason and his Riki was slowly losing its capability to encapsulate the two bodies. Raoul and the Council came in to witness as both were extracted from their prison and separated, the latter mainly there to ensure they went nowhere. However, little did they know that dividing the two would come to such dire consequence.

For as Riki's slumbering form was taken away from the former top Blondie, the System of Jupiter that had been healing and regenerating began a countdown to self-destruction. Tanagura was thrown suddenly into darkness far worse than it had experienced since Jupiter's death, and, with the impending obsoletion the countdown promised, the Capital would have been annihilated completely.

The Council was in panic again. Raoul seemed to be the only one who had the proper sense to find a solution. He simply took Riki back. To Iason. Laying the youth's lovely and pliant body right next to where his lover lay. He made them a pair again.

"He is here. He will not leave you," Raoul whispered assurances to Iason's unconscious hearing, and everyone at the facility watched with held breaths as the System halted but then restarted and returned to normal with a silent hum as if the countdown that would have brought their dominion into ruin never started.

When they returned to look at the lovers again, they had both but unconsciously returned to their former embrace, the gleaming Master and Pet Rings like marriage bonds. They must not be parted.

Raoul had made his point.

Satisfyingly, the Council finally succumbed to his idea...

Chapter Text

A voice was calling his name. Even in sleep there was no peace. He could see how vividly things exploded before his eyes: that one time before you die when everything paused, slowly, slowly reeling and then allowing you to literally review what you had done with your life. Though perhaps it's absurd that an android could have a similar experience. It happened.

He saw Jupiter scream, but heard none of it. He saw the super being melt, demolish, collapse upon itself. Then die. He witnessed the god who controlled Tanagura vanish, in pain, in shards shattering until there was nothing left but the very core that was so warm, so destructively intense the glare made him wince, made his skin ache terribly.

He had long lost his limbs. He would next lose his life as the said core was enveloping him, swallowing him, attempting to strip him slowly from clothes to artificial skin to flesh to bone to the very marrow where he once had pounded into his Pet the fact of his ownership. He thought he himself would die soon. But just when he did think so, just then...he didn't.

The core offered itself to him in the resounding voice of Jupiter: One wish my dearest. One wish I shall grant of you in my death...

A wish? He immediately saw Riki's face, his unmistakable smile. What a lovely smile. It reminded him that despite having everything in the world as an elite, the position was nothing more but a superficial fate. That after seeing it all, doing it all, the only thing that could make him really truly happy was a mongrel's smile, the challenge of his eyes, to be able to touch him, possess him, to be his everything.

"I think I love you," he heard Riki say, before the blast eclipsed that smile for all eternity. He then thought to himself how he could have wanted more to stay only in the presence of that single smile. But then it was over. He fought, despite confusion and near desperation. He lost. And still lost Riki in the end...

Jupiter read his thoughts, his longing. He had no need to conceal it. He never really wanted to if not for the threat of his former situation. No longer relevant at this point. For that the core glowed red, menacing, burning him through, except somehow, he had already accepted this judgement. He had accepted it the moment he had attached himself to a mongrel of the Slums.

"I suffer only for him," Iason closed his eyes.

Would you really chose a mongrel over me? I who had taken such care of you?

"Yes," it was the truth. "I would choose Riki over everything. Neither status nor grandeur nor position in the end could compare to the happiness he presents to me..." he had never been so sure... "He is the soul I've never had."

With that he wanted death, prayed as if he could that it came swiftly. He wanted to meet his beloved wherever he was. He wanted to be with the human he loved.

You are stubborn. Such madness. Throwing your life away for-

"-I never had a life," Iason gently argued. "Riki was my only freedom. He was my only escape..."

He felt this statement shake Jupiter to its very centre. It fell to silence, hearing those words coming from the very mouth of what was once his most heralded Blondie. Yet the latter was already dying, as Jupiter was dying, so whatever triumph Iason might take from this would be a hollow victory still. Riki was already dead.

Jupiter suddenly went cold. His presence slowly diminished itself into an insignificant spec, seemingly assessing, calculating, before gathering enough power to once more grow. The Blondie opened his eyes and wondered, "Why?"

Very well, said the core. You have won my arrogant creation.

This jolted Iason.

"Won?"

Allow me to grant you my final gift. Something which you have been desperately fighting for, as you imply, all your life...

...all your life...

"Riki..."

Sapphire eyes slowly opened, blinded by a sudden glaring light his mind belatedly processed to be some lamp left open overhead. But then there were no lights where he had slept, there was only darkness, and a subtle feeling of cold that assaulted his senses rather immediately. He heard a hiss and something popping open around him, head to foot.

He could feel the sheets, smell the scent of freshly pressed, freshly changed satin, feel the texture slip through his fingers as he tried to move idle muscles, muscles that he hadn't used for so long. He started. That startled him.

He almost shot up, if not for noticing he was encapsulated then he definitely had to reach and open that lid himself. It eased up and off quietly, even as his shaky hand afforded little strength. Where was his strength? And where was he? The last time he recalled, they were being devoured by catastrophe in all four sides. Right now he was simply in a pod, made to be a chambered bed which monitored his health. He wasn't in his room.

Disoriented, Iason tried to make sense of things and peel through his memories but could supply no answers to his own questions. He remembered losing his legs. As he stared down onto the blanket which covered his sinews he wondered if the shape they formed was his or had another pair taken their place?

With a second, two of hesitation, he drew back the sheets where beneath he was but splendidly nude, surprisingly able to feel his legs as he moved unaccustomed toes. He hesitantly reached to touch his knees. These were his knees! But how can that be, when he could recall so clearly how he'd been dismembered during the incident.

"Riki..."

Iason frantically, most panickingly jumped out of the pod and almost lost his balance, a sudden flash of dark hair, dark eyes swimming into memory. Yes, definitely his body. Nothing was removed. Nothing was replaced. He was shockingly whole; his heart and head throbbed, his spine stung, his innards twisted as he heaved for necessary breath. Grasping the nearest support, he glanced around aiming to regain control over his facilities now...he just had to.

"Riki..."

He had to find him. He must. But his body was in disagreement.

"Damn," Iason stumbled onto the carpeting, cursing the inability to possess the strength now when he needed it to find his beloved. Why the superior mechanisms built into his body fail him now?

His legs wobbled. His feet were so uncertain for the first time since he could recall that every step was like teaching himself to walk again. Everything was a struggle. He fell.

"Riki..."

Then he heard it, a low groan or grunt that was almost inaudible. Desperately, he tried to focus beyond his panic, searching for calm, searching for the source of that sound which somehow reverberated in the dark the way Riki's voice did. Only then was he able to notice his pod wasn't the only pod in the room. There was another.

With difficulty, Iason slowly stumbled to his feet, managing his weight and balance so as to be able to make it to the side of that other bed. There was a sudden spasm that crept up his back and stung his shoulders as if he had been miserably drilled, but he ignored it. Then there, for what seemed like eternity, he looked down, reverently and almost not believing, at the occupant. Such great happiness threatened his heart. His Riki was there. Those dark, raven locks had grown to a stunning sea of black now rippling on either side of his head.

Iason was almost scared to touch, beyond frightened in fact to open that capsule as if the being there lain was the most fragile of treasures and he could so easily shatter it. He hadn't valued it enough before...those nights spent tearing carnally for the very last drop of his nectar from that body even as Riki screamed no more.

As if to awaken the youth would mean transgression. But he had to do it. He had to touch his face, his entirety. He had to be certain the other was as he is, not incomplete. He needed the assurance of him terribly. He needed to simply know he was all right.

"Riki..." he couldn't stop calling his name. It was like a string that anchored him to existence. Had he not aged, his Pet? Had he not changed except for that longer sport of hair?

With trembling hands, Iason reached, carefully drawing the sheet that covered the younger of them. He trailed his eyes over his naked body, noting every crevice, every corner, every muscle visible, the glowing skin and hair, his sleeping sex. Only then was the Blondie able to breathe. Riki was undamaged. He was whole...

This is the mongrel...you chose him over me...I return him to you, perfected...

Iason felt relief wash over his form. He felt exhaustion. He fell to embracing the unconscious youth, an anomaly of tears easing their way down his cheeks. His mind remembered Jupiter.

"But why?" he'd asked the super-being, witnessing how the core slowly re-constructed Riki before his very eyes, adding a few considerable touches...what were those touches?

Because I miscalculated. Achilles was never meant to be a weakness...because he is your strength. He has always been your strength...

Iason opened his eyes. He slowly lifted his naked hand and saw the glittering dark ring. He trailed his sights to what lay limply between Riki's legs and saw the equal of it. Would this still need to define them?

Jupiter was the one who returned him Riki, and before its demise, had blessed them both. Why must they be unequal still then? The Blondie swallowed, lifting his face from where he buried it on the other's chest, leaving a kiss on the skin as his lips passed it, moving to finally kiss those unmoving lips. Supple. Alive.

Iason cupped that cheek, softly, still much too overwhelmed. He was here, yes, breathing. They were both existing. That fact made him look at his dear Pet's face, and with his fingers, just tried to memorize this moment, tried to trace the lines he'd come to love so well on that face.

But the knowledge that this could no longer entirely be Riki dampened the happiness, recalling Jupiter's horrid reconstruction which instead, slowly brought silent tears. When had he found this heart?

"I'm sorry...my love..."

Chapter Text

The way to Jupiter Tower's main sanctum was a long walk Iason did not mind taking, dodging guards, eluding surveillance and all manner of securities rather effortlessly as they made their way through. Perhaps because he had wanted to be alone, and, the entire building having been rigged to accept Jupiter's commands - ironically, his commands now - was easily manipulated to give them the space he wanted.

The pods, he surmised, had a trigger mechanism that would alert a control or monitoring team when they awakened, but it had conveniently malfunctioned as he roused into consciousness, even as he'd taken Riki out of his own bed. A handy skill. He remembered it now. This was all Jupiter's doing and he had proceeded to study it all in earnest sooner enough so as to wield it now. He couldn't help but feel like he was waging battle against an entire unjustified world.

The cold halls and hidden corridors were silent, dark, unoccupied as they moved on, nothing but his light footfall resounding against the metallic surface of the entire structure, as he carried his weightless beloved in his arms, progressing forward to that destination. He had used the sheets in the pods to wrap them both, wounding the ample rubicund cloth; forming a hood over their heads and making them look like two mysterious figures only further hidden by the shroud of shadows.

When they got to the levitating platform, the usual retinal scan that allowed Tanagura's Blondies admission was not performed, the transport automatically floating up with the two into the very heart and core of what once had been the brain of the land high abovse in Jupiter's Tower.

The room was as mercilessly dark. It was damp. It was freezing. No overwhelming presence existed now in the circular space to suffocate Iason. No god. Jupiter has not been here for a long time now, that was easy to tell. Moment of truth.

The Blondie laid Riki onto the nearest appliance he could find: a cerebral link, which in all plainness was just a mere semicircular bed used to integrate into the System. It was not functioning, Iason predicting how the others might have attempted to substitute his interaction with Jupiter during his absence but to no avail. They had attempted certainly to salvage the System on the verge of annihilation, but he could tell there was no success. Yet knowing Raoul, he would have tried everything.

"I'll return my love," the Blondie kissed Riki's cheek, hand trailing over the warmed spot where his lips had impressed themselves before he let go of that warmth. With quiet grace, he made it to the centre of the room, drawing his makeshift hood down.

His mind drifted back to that dream. To Jupiter.

"Why?"

Because I miscalculated...I shall grant you this one last gift...The capability to protect the only being you loved all your life. The being you cared for more than you cared for...Tanagura.

Is that really all there is to have had Jupiter change his mind so completely?

"I...need answers...Tell me what I must know!" Iason closed his eyes, pleaded, raising his hands as if in supplication to a deity that may never heed. The sheet slipped but he let it be, glorifying in the fact that this naked state was more a perfect significance to what he was now, an empty shell of his former self. Tonight he will decide perhaps how he will accept the new burden Jupiter had left him or perhaps he will learn how to deny it.

The mechanism he recalled to once project Jupiter's manifestation hummed with a start, glowing from within and slowly taking light, slowly changing as a reaction to his call. Then came the riveting ribbons of data, exploding in profusion enough to shine the room and illuminate Riki's beautiful face as he lay there motionless on one side.

The ribbons reached for Iason, embraced him in spirals, surrounding his nakedness with precious confidential details, protocols and orders known only perhaps to a god, and must now be known to him. Unbelievably, he processed it all, catching all the messages pre-installed by Jupiter, his already fully-awakened mind filing them away for further analysis later. He just wanted to know what he needed for now.

To my heir apparent, the Blondie finally opened his eyes, hearing the dead god's virtual voice rise into synthetic speech. He relaxed, looking into the circle of light that had now manifested and engulfed the entire chamber without him noticing. He squinted his eyes a bit to adjust to the glare, but he remained still, determined to know what Jupiter wanted. Listen to my instruction and heed my Will...

In all this, Riki shifted, brows knitting but his master had not seen this subtle change. The message continued, every word a definite echo in the sacred mechanical space: You are now...

"...the new Jupiter..."


The main control nerve of Tanagura was drenched in a sudden red light, causing the Council members present for a briefing to suddenly halt midway their heated altercations as the alarm continued to bawl on. A beacon had been set off somewhere.

Immediately, Raoul called for his staff, but the comlinks had malfunctioned, much fluctuation and interference on the lines. Communication was nearly impossible as the floating screens contorted, warped. He bolted.

Taking the teleporting gates, he surged into the monitoring floor, and in a fit of pure rage snapped, "What had happened!?"

The staff was scrambling when the rest of the Council filed in behind, "Raoul, what's going on?"

Finally, someone answered, "Sir, there'd been a break in..."

Raoul was flabbergasted, "Where?"

"Top level, Jupiter's Tower sir. Someone had accessed it. We detected various system abnormalities from within it."

Raoul's mouth literally dropped, "How can that be? The Jupiter interface is already dead!"

"We don't know sir. Droids have already been dispatched to investigate..."

"How can someone access Jupiter?"

How indeed? For a year since the incident, any interactions in that area had ceased to exist. No android in Tanagura, Blondie or otherwise, nor even specially synthesized intellectual recovery programs have been able to pry open the data mainframes that have been left within. No matter what they did, the secrets of Jupiter had already been lost to time, to deterioration...or have they?

"...no way..." Raoul trailed off at the realization of one possibility. Methodologically, he then activates the screens, getting blurry views from surveillance, but no matter as he flicked his hand and eyes over all the most recent records rather frantically, looking at all the access images in search of something.

"Raoul, tell us what's happening," the other members were buzzing with various queries but he ignored them as if what he was doing took precedence. The warning sound still beamed in the background, refusing to stop as he himself refused to pause even to breathe.

"Raoul!" finally, Gideon Lagat made him turn, stopping him with a hand on his shoulder long enough to ask, "What is happening?"

The screen projection suddenly flickered to a stop. Raoul turned his attentions to it, immediately ignoring that question again to magnify the image so that the entire room could see, including the other impatient members of the Council, what he was going for. Thankfully, someone had already hushed the alarms and the peace had settled, albeit briefly.

It was the room where they kept them, the Blondie of Tanagura and his Mongrel Pet, but to everyone's surprise, the pods were opened, the compartments completely empty save for the impressions of bodies that have recently occupied them, now gone. The covering sheets were likewise gone.

Raoul slammed his fists.

"Who's been monitoring this room?!"

No one dared answer from the staff at first, then, with much hesitation, three upstarts recently graduated from Midas raised their voices, stammering as they replied, "W-We were my lord."

Raoul wanted to be angry. Gideon however had eased a hand on his shoulder once more, this time, for calm.

"They wouldn't have gone out of Tanagura. Iason could still be here," the latter predicted, swallowing exhaustion.

"We need to find him. We need to find them..."

Chapter Text

His back had been hurting since the time he's awakened in that pod, and now, after exchanging synapses with the dying Will of Jupiter, Iason finally knew why though apparently it was no cause for alarm. Neither was the fact he'd blasted the lengthy window of the Tower into shards as he swiftly made their escape back to the highest class residential zone of Eos, back to home, Riki a slumbering demigod as they rode the wind up into the nest.

Anonymously, they had reached their topmost den the same way they had reached the god's room, Iason sealing the level completely for good measure. Everything malfunctioned at Iason's will as he carried Riki up and upwards to finally lay him on the very bed where he first tasted the ripe fruits of his body, where he first sought out to subdue the thrashing mongrel, where they eventually first had their marriage. The house of Mink was oddly clean and unchanged.

He suddenly found the urge to rinse, but was inexplicably frightened with the idea of parting with Riki after so long. Hadn't he after all promised never to let him go ever again? Effortlessly he carried his priceless yet unconscious treasure into the bath with him. No serving Furnitures to prepare the bath and attend to them. He had to do it all by himself. Yet, given the ability to manipulate the automation of the space as he wanted, he found it to be rather easy.

In the pool as the waters gushed and gurgled from a miniature stream falling above, for the good part of an hour, Iason spent his best efforts washing both their bodies, lovingly running his hands and uncharacteristically careful as he'd been, over Riki's limp form, having sat him in front, between his legs so that he may support him, cradling his head carefully on his chest so the Pet doesn't drown.

He lathered their hairs and wondered if it were possible to cut the other's hair as short as his recollection served yet decided against it. Perhaps Riki would want this hair length. It was a lovely length. It was a length fit for an elite.

"We're home my love," whispered Iason as he watered off the rest of the suds from his Pet's ever-radiant skin. "When will you open those lovely eyes to scorn me again?"

Iason felt a deep sense of over-protectiveness, and an equally louring sadness. With much care as before, he once again carried his prized Pet to bed, but not without first drying him, making certain to dab the soft towels even into the most intimate crevices of that body. What part of the other has he not seen? Not reached? Not touched? He half-wished Riki would sigh, arch, bend...move again with that feline finesse familiar to his senses.

In bed, Iason held Riki close under the silken covers. He inhaled the scent of his beloved, relishing the thought that they were both continuing, that he was able to hold the one most important person in his life again. Iason yearned for him so badly, he ached both in heart and body.

Feeling the urgency to just look at his Pet, he rolled them both on the bed, gently bringing Riki beneath him. He loosed the covering sheet, revealing for his view all his beloved had to offer. The body was as beautiful as he remembered it, as flawless as when he first explored it. Iason bit his lip as he reached the jewelled shaft. Recalling that moment made him hard between his legs, his own longing member springing even as he resisted, the want and desire making drum beats in his ears.

"Riki..." he barely recognized his own voice as he ran his hands along the line of his Pet's jaw, up to trace with the ball of one lengthy finger the blushing lips which unexpectedly...exhaled.

There was a pause. Iason wondered if he could do something like caress his lover into waking, seeing that the latter responded as effectively to the simple touch despite his unconsciousness. Perhaps the training will still work its seductive poison? Jupiter must not have certainly altered this as well?

He touched him more, running his palms this time, a gleam of his Master Ring surprisingly unnoticed there then gone as he firmly felt the ridges and hollows, the indents and bulges that made up Riki's form. Such wonderful provoking qualities; exactly how science-bred pet bodies compared to those naturally grown in Ceres and how they differed, Iason could actually laugh at. Wasn't even Guy, already in his advanced years, a rough Adonis of sorts?

But then he shouldn't have thought of that other man. Especially as the body beneath him was already his. "I am yours. I belong to you," Riki had made his forced and sacrificed vows. When had that reunion been? For a Blondie, he had a tendency to drift too much lately. Iason thought better to cease those consuming thoughts unless they could be manipulated for the situation.

The body arched. What further surprised him was how easy he had roused the burning demon between Riki's finely-chiselled legs as he settled there, grinding up so that he could plant his loving kisses. Cheek. Yes. Salty...sweet...neck...Iason licked...bit...hard...remembering the games that marked his Pet and another exhale from the younger of them was awarded to him. The trail ghosted lower.

Chest. Beautiful. The nipples blushed as he rubbed, twisted them, then finally bent down to kiss, to tug between his teeth and bite then suckle, circling each nub with his wet tongue. Same response. Riki exhaled, back bowed, but never opened his eyes. His face stayed annoyingly serene. But no sadistic impulses were to be allowed play tonight; for he does not fully know what state the other was in, although Iason did want to push it even further to see where it gets him.

"Open your beautiful eyes for me, my love," the Blondie's almost honeyed pleading sung in the semi-darkened atmosphere of their room, as he ground his erection against the other, his own pace slowly reminding him just how insatiable when it came to the other's heat and lust he could get when with Riki. How his once-believed uncontaminable beliefs had been, in their end, rotted by a pursuit of the Pet's flesh and blood.

He pushed himself up. He might as well try other ways he knew to arouse his mongrel.

He started gently, rubbing Riki's entrance with a finger, teasing before stopping to wait. Then he slipped that finger in, met by an unforeseen tightness that he had to twist his digit into. Iason wondered, lifting that leg up to look at his Pet's anus, the ring so tightly puckered and constricted.

...return him to you...perfected...

Iason pulled back. For what seemed like eternity, he again looked down at that body, feeling truly dumbfounded as he sat there on his heels, realising that indeed Jupiter was keen to keep his word. His eyes fixed upon the Pet Ring. Even this Jupiter has changed into something that wasn't what he remembered.

Disbelief. Iason hung his head. What had he done? Had he ruined Riki's life for good?

Again he reached. This time, not for the body before him but his own. He ran his hands unto himself, feeling the depths of change coursing beneath his skin. Even he was not himself now wasn't he?

In the embracing darkness, the Blondie quietly felt the depths of his own wanting, his need again, selfishly growing like a monster from deep within him. This was madness!

...Riki…

The exploration had suddenly become as a trigger, causing his body to suddenly erupt into itself.

"Riki."

A ghost of breath passed his lips. Iason began to touch himself, doing in earnest the humiliating act only Pets should do upon command. He could feel himself harden and lengthen at his own ministration, mind suddenly brought back, as he closed his eyes, to that day he had triumphantly taught Riki to masturbate, the sight of a groaning mongrel lost in the heat of intense pleasure, making for him quite the show of passion.

How he then proceeded to ravish such a body, their first time together an utter mind-blowing experience Iason wanted to feel again. Of course, Riki had already been used then. The Slums did not preserve virgins for certain, but the bitter fruit of that first union was the sweetest the Blondie got to sin itself and he can never forget it.

He had smashed Riki to a thousand pieces that day. The moment was ripe again for it now...

Opening his eyes, the Master cast a glance at the body he now straddled. He ached more in his own grip, and wanted immediate satisfaction, to be buried and united with this mongrel from the Slums, the mongrel whose body was now transformed to be his for eternity.

...Perfect...he shall be the crown of a new kingdom for you...

Iason let loose what want he had been storing inside, removing utter control over his senses and allowing the monster that Riki feared so much to dominate his every motion. He sought that primal spot, aimed, and in one possibly shattering heave, rammed into Riki full force, the bed shaking in the wake of his intensity.

Riki did not stir. His unconscious body had already ceased to respond earlier, settling down unto the bed. No ear-shattering screams, no vain try at escape, no struggles that fuelled the sadistic fire...there was only...blood.

Iason had broken into his Pet, a tinge of shamefulness he easily tucked away as he began to move, pounding into that newly-devirginized entrance with much heat, glad of the tightness, the sucking flesh that enveloped his shaft with such vice, it made him flinch.

But the more it hurt, the more he wanted to be pulled further within, never mind if Riki was asleep, never mind if he, his most beloved, for the moment was closer to a Sex Droid than he could ever have been before all this. Iason sought his unorthodox release and the faster, the harder, the stronger he pounded in, the closest he got to sending himself over.

"Why hadn't you programmed us to awaken on the same time!?" Iason cursed Jupiter, before a final hiss, a final growl of frustration at last pushed through him, ripping his very core into a tumble helplessly down the abyss. Of despair.

What was he doing? He collapsed on top of Riki, spent, not nearly enough effort put in the act but it somehow zapped him of his strength. It was more a mental frustration than actual physical exhaustion. As if for a few, brief, harrowing moments he was just human, not Iason Mink, once head and perhaps will be once more of Syndicate, the one who sat only beneath Jupiter and the Capital's golden throne.

"Riki..."

A sob of defeat. He stole his hand down there between his own legs and brought something that he had both expected and not expected, a blood-semen-stained concoction, which to his eyes was something utterly foreign. Something which indicated that, yes, true to his creator's words, in him there had been changes made. He did not understand it for now and would not understand it until later.

For now all he could see was how it seemed to menace at him under the dim light. This was Riki's blood. Mixed with his first taste of an actual ejaculation unbeknownst to his previous life as a Blondie.

What salvation was there now? He was a System-changed deity, and now...he kept thinking hard on that day at the Plant...so maybe was his Pet.

He looked at Riki's face, the non-changing serenity that was his judge and executioner in that moment. He was in utter guilt of what he has done.

"Pity my existence...I am the worst...

"Perhaps we should've been better off dead..."

Chapter Text

The Blondie managed to clean his Pet as best he could after making a mess of him earlier, but was still somehow in contention. Making love with Riki as the latter was unconscious seemed generally unfair, a complete violation of his body especially since it had been made virginal again by Jupiter. Yet in his black heart it felt just sinisterly amazing. To take what was rightfully his...never mind the questions of morals in the aim...

Iason raised that hand up.

He could still smell his Riki's essence there, he could taste him now if he wanted to. Somehow, he wanted to do it again. He wanted to own his beauteous Pet and make love to him, just twine his limbs with the other's limbs, kiss, touch...that seemed insane! But then he had long admitted the possibility that he had indeed lost his mind when he courted the disaster of having a slum trash for a pet.

A flash of red as Iason lounged contemplating. The System linked to the outside Gates immediately popped up in front of him in multiple projection screens. The Blondie's crazed fantasies and ponderings definitely needed to wait. They had company.

Tanagura's security force had surrounded the Tower below, swarming as if the location now housed a convict of some sort. Raoul and the other Blondies were present, stepping out from their respective vehicles, eyeing the tower with much nervousness and apprehension. He could see from the screens their doubtful eyes, but how long has it been since he's seen them all?

Iason knew there had been an evacuation earlier. The lower level VIPs had all been escorted out and in all likeliness did not even know of what was going on. Maybe the intention was truly to keep it all discreet.

"Such ridiculous roughness," the Blondie uttered, watching the swarm of black-armoured guards and drones gather like ants from all sides of the Tower. In their garbs, the elites looked like punctuations of coloured sand. "They can't even give us the night."

I need to be alone. He cast a glance at Riki, sleeping peacefully on the bed. He just wanted to sort this mess out by himself for now. We need to be alone.


Orphe Zavi tapped Raoul's shoulder, impatient, fearful of the outcome this reunion would bring, "Are you sure he'd returned here?"

"Yes."

Gideon likewise voiced his uncertainties, "There are other places he could go to Raoul. I mean, there were no signs that he'd be here. Nothing was activated up his level."

But Raoul was certain that this was the only place he would be. First because Katze had not confirmed that Iason had left to anywhere. Second, his home was Iason's sanctuary, a nest for memories. If his friend had need to find himself, this was the place he would more or less start. But then these were but mere assumptions still. To begin with, it was a fact that Katze owed him no loyalty so he wasn't certain if he would tell him the truth.

Raoul gave the order, "Get to the Penthouse."

But before the guards could mobilize, suddenly, a similar blaring alarm proceeded to ensue from over the Tower. The Defense System has been activated, sending the place to follow an automatic reaction of locking itself up into a fortress incapable of any intrusion.

Orphe did not hide his displeasure, "Damn it. The Tower's going on a lockdown!"

Raoul wouldn't take it. "Can't we override the sequence?" he hollered at the elite staff of Sapphires trying to do just that but could not. They could not stop the metallic barriers from falling down and locking into place to close the Tower.

"Give me that!" Orphe stole the console, as his charge had been Eos, he was not going to take this sitting down, "We'll need to do something! Get control of the system back!" But then they should have thought it was impossible...

Iason had managed to clear the space of several floors at once in flight, making his way to the entrance hall where he knew the troops had gathered. He didn't care if they sent the squads to try other alternate routes to get in: he has completely sealed and shielded the Tower, walking to confront the mob outside although he didn't want to see them at the moment.

All he had was a robe on which fell barely above his ankles, feet naked against the cold floor, but he could care less. In all respects he appeared solemnly ordinary, except for the perfect Adonis face and a shock of lusciously-longer Blondie hair which served to frame it. Briefly he wondered how he should proceed, before deciding exactly what it was he should be doing now.

The Butterfly Gates opened with a sound akin to a fizz or zing, and Raoul was first to notice the figure clad in white that stood on the other side of it. His presence made him stop.

"Orphe," the current Blondie in charge tapped his brother.

"What?"

A collective hush and pause echoed in the high-ceilinged partition as the entire class turned towards the direction, and were stunned to see the fully awake Iason Mink, regal as he always was no matter how muted he appeared, looking at them without an expression of care nor acknowledgement. Raoul signaled the guards not to make a sudden move as the former head of Syndicate all but reached a hand up to the door.

Spark of electricity enough to make his long hair flutter. The opening was shielded, and based on how they knew this Blondie for being intricate, so would be the whole of Eos Tower by now...It was Raoul who was first to approach their estranged comrade.

"Iason..."

Iason smiled, but spoke rather sadly, "Raoul."

"You did this?"

Iason could only confirm with a nod, "I'm yet to get a grasp on all of this. What Jupiter left...it's...too much."

Raoul then recalled a second empty pod in their sterile lab and somehow needed to know, "Is Riki...is Riki with you?"

Everyone waited for the response to reverberate from the other end of the shield. Perhaps as predicted, Iason replied, "Has he ever been anywhere else? Or do you still firmly believe I could otherwise do without him?"

That was a relief to Raoul somehow. At least he knew there would be little chance for Iason to do anything rash not with his only Achilles with him and safe. Not to mention they'd both be safer together. He stared at Iason for a minute. The expression there was something he couldn't almost understand. Confusion? Sorrow? What was it that seemed to trouble this once cold-faced Ice Noble?

"Iason, let's talk this through. We have things we need to discuss..."

Iason merely shook his head at that, "What I need is some peace."

Both Orphe and Gideon opened their mouths to speak, but Raoul promptly stopped them from uttering a single word of reprove. He wanted to prevent further anarchy than what was already happening.

"Why? Why all this? Do you really need to remove yourself so much from us?"

Iason could name all the Blondies present by heart. He had been groomed with them, had worked, functioned with them...but that had already been changed. He couldn't talk to them yet. He couldn't even bring himself to tell himself the truth of the matter, as if sleeping still in the cocoon with Riki. But then perhaps they knew now as well: he was certainly no longer the same as they were.

"Give me tonight Raoul..." Iason asked, his eyes the only betraying part of his anatomy. "Then you can tell me all that you want. Just...give me tonight..."

Even before they could stop him from going, the Butterfly doors fluttered shut, and the rest of the impregnable barriers locked into place, fastening so fast the motion totally surprised them. With that, they were entirely shut out. With that, Iason turned his back to them. Vainly, the guards tried to pry the System open, but under this new Jupiter's orders, the System just refused to give.

The encounter left Raoul even more aggravated, Gideon and the others confused, and Orphe whom the care of the Tower was stolen from, ultimately pissed, "Damn it. What now?"

Everyone turned to the only other Blondie worthy to command the charges left them by this disaster, next to Iason Mink, there was Raoul. The latter deliberated briefly with himself, staring up at Eos Tower and somehow picturing what Iason could be doing. Going to Riki certainly. Where else would the other be? The same reason his friend had gone to the fire, he will go into it again for that Pet.

"We wait," was all Raoul said.

Chapter Text

The one night had turned into two days, putting the Council of Blondies with a realm to be responsible for on edge and restless as they await for Iason to break his silence regarding the matter of his return. Raoul had the issue weighing heavily on his mind. Give me tonight... Iason hasn't lived to his promise thus far.

The earlier meeting with the Council had turned into one heated argument as the other Blondies struggled amongst themselves. Chaos was inevitable, as everyone seemed to have a separate opinion but which in the end were aimed towards a similar outcome.

Raoul recalled how Orphe contested, "This madness needs to stop! Iason is completely jeopardizing what we have been striving so hard to restore! He's placed all our plans at a standstill! Even Eos has lost its usefulness."

"What would you want us do? Force our troops into the Tower as if to apprehend a criminal?" Gideon retorted. "This is Iason we're talking about!"

"Iason who's apparently not himself! Someone needs to bring him to his senses."

It was Raoul who had to be the arbiter of sorts once more. "You two, stop that..." They settled, although the quarrel was far from over. Raoul looked at everyone at the table. "Let's give him what he needs for now. At least he has not shut the systems down. We should be thankful that Tanagura has already been stabilized."

"But until when?" Orphe sighed.

Gideon was perhaps just as exhausted as everyone. "Perhaps you can try send him a message. Call him. Tell him to talk with us Raoul..."

But Raoul has tried. He had sent Iason a plethora of messages that the other just had not responded to, making it perhaps the most unnerving. Somehow, despite being the best of friends, Raoul wasn't certain he still had his friend's loyalty or trust any more.

Iason...please...

After the meeting, Raoul resigned himself to visiting the office Iason used to occupy, looking out towards the view of the Ocean, wondering if there would be an end to this and asking the same questions everyone had. He would certainly want to know what Jupiter had done to both Master and Pet, and the implications it will have on Tanagura's ancient, seemingly fortified rules. But then again, if he was correct and Iason had become Jupiter, then these may no longer matter. That or things will merely become even more complicated.

I love him Raoul...Love. Iason was and is still in love. Was it the reason why they'd survived the catastrophe and even Jupiter's scorn?

Raoul spent nearly an hour just pacing back and forth, thinking of a million things that could go wrong if Iason finally decided to call it quits. A year of absence. A year spent dreaming in a cocoon and like butterflies emerging suddenly. He could choose to end this madness in a number of ways Raoul might never even figure out. What if he's driven to the edge and finally just...disappears with perhaps the only person Iason might choose over all of Tanagura?

Raoul continued to ponder on these ideas, putting a scientific approach into each thought that crossed his mind although his mind might as well been bordering paranoia. Iason disappeared for a year and cast them all into the shadows. Jupiter died and refused to acknowledge anyone; the one he did he'd wrapped and stored away in Dana Burn, preserving him for the span of time that Tanagura was suffering. Heavy was the burden left. Raoul was without rest from the responsibilities. Iason couldn't possibly be considering passing it all back to him again was he?

His hand fisted. He wanted to believe they can still emerge from all of this. If only he could speak and reason with Iason.

Belatedly Raoul realized a beeping somewhere had chosen to disturb his reverie, and was almost cursing when he reached the switch and turned the comlink on. He was surprised to hear that familiar voice, which, despite its natural cold and coolness, was tinged with a sadness he'd earlier seen at the Tower. It rather surprised Raoul but nonetheless pleased him to finally hear from Iason.

"Raoul, I'm opening Eos. See me in the morning."

A brief message that ended as soon as it began. So this would be the chance he had hoped to persuade the other to come back. But then he had to prepare for it, knowing well how an inappropriate rebuttal could send Iason packing the other way. It needed to be planned, thought of, this might be the only shot he'll have to reason with his friend.

Raoul immediately called the Council, whom each instantly appeared before his eyes as a holographic projection.

"What is it Raoul?" Gideon was first to answer the summons.

"Call an urgent meeting with everyone. There's something we need to discuss."


Raoul walked into Eos and was stunned at how silent and desolate the space had become in the span of only two days. Everything was locked up, save for the gate which, as Iason had promised, opened to admit him in, the usual identification process applying. He was greeted by an army of surveillance bots and other Droids that were all part of the Tower's defences which had apparently been activated. They trailed him with guns, before they seemed to have gone on Sleep Mode and allowed his walk up. Jupiter's power, all this.

The Top Level wasn't as he remembered. Everything was centrally gloomier now, the outer shells that used to allow the light of day in shut tight and showing no signs of letting up. Raoul wondered how Iason was doing in this dim light. It wasn't in his nature to brood, or was the change in him so complete that he can be so utterly inflicted now?

"You never respond to any of our messages," Raoul broke the silence when at last he'd found his friend, on one of the massive chairs, looking forward with monitors and screens like a sentry. "Locking yourself away? Is this for good?"

His eyes immediately search for the one being Iason was surely to have beside him. The one being that Iason embraced for, and survived.

"No one has yet answered my question," Iason spoke, breaking his peace, collapsing the screens in front of him into a small dot floating in the air.

"Which is?" Raoul didn't quite follow. Then Iason gestured at the canopied bed perched a half level above them, a space away on its own separate circle, the only portion in the area where the sealed shell of the Tower was left slightly ajar, as if to let the outside in.

Raoul could imagine the bed being shone upon by sunlight, filtered by delicate fabric, then finally figured why all this drama for it. There lay the other. Riki. Iason's Pet and Prince the same, in seemingly eternal sleep.

"Why I am awake. And he is not?" Iason closed his eyes, feeling for his temples. So this was what had occupied him the last few days? It wasn't at all startling though.

Raoul measured his words, "We figured it would take time, but Riki will awaken. It's just a matter of when."

"I made love to him last night." Raoul was still taken aback at the revelation, although of course he knew that for a fact, since then, Iason was the only one of all the Blondies that engaged in making love with his mongrel Pet. His personal touch to Riki's training. "He responded. He came. But never opened his eyes."

So the delay was all because of this? Because his Pet would not wake up? Raoul just was unable to fathom the despair in Iason's voice. He cannot quantify the wretched emotion beneath the other's serene appearance. The other Blondie could only admit it, "This is driving me to madness, and much fear. His body might have remembered me, but what if his consciousness does not?"

Raoul sighed. He walked over to a spot where he could see Iason and where Iason could see him, and where he could look at Riki. His face seemed to have gone younger. He failed to notice it actually, but Jupiter must have likewise turned the clock backwards for the two. The Pet was again an eighteen-year-old youth, with his soft expression even more beautiful than he remembered it to be. Iason as well was considerably younger at a glance, as if he had just stepped out of their Tanaguran office four years ago, to roam Midas and unexpectedly come upon the Mongrel who challenged him so.

Raoul thought that at least he had to comfort his friend, "You need to step out with me tonight," he gently urged, although Iason's reaction betrayed his thoughts immediately. He didn't want to go.

"If leaving Riki worries you, Katze is already downstairs and waiting. If you de-activate the defences for him, I'll have him on his way up to stay with your Pet. I know you trust him. You can leave them sealed here in Eos."

"Katze?" from the looks of it, Iason had not even made contact with the man. "Since when had you been speaking?"

Raoul bowed his head. He sought a moment before admitting what had been inevitable, "Since you disappeared. He told me all about what happened..."

Chapter Text

For some reason, Raoul had managed to convince a reluctant Iason to leave his darkened domain, and the Pet whom Katze seemed relieved to watch over. It was utterly difficult, as the other Blondie only confirmed that he no longer was capable of trusting after what had happened, at the onslaught of his own confusion, but then here they were now, in Raoul's unmarked vehicle, flying smoothly over the sleepless Capital.

Iason was dressed in his signature clothes, eyes shaded as Raoul had chosen to shade his own. They reached their destination in less than half of the hour.

Raoul parked on what seemed like a personal aeroport, protruding from the side of a penthouse palace somewhere with Iason immediately questioning, "Where is this? What is all this?"

He could smell water and realized that the Ocean was but a short distance away. Also, that the space itself had its own water features that his keen ears could hear gurgling, splashing, falling, then still into pools...

"Eos Tower Two," Raoul responded matter-of-factly. "Come in..."

The other urged Iason to stare down from a large balcony connecting to the private port and adorning the space, and managed to point out all the relevant areas of the house, though it still apparently was undergoing construction with the working droids set about to put this and that resplendent furnishing or vegetation in place.

There was a parade of boxes and fine antique. A chandelier that would be as grand-or more-as the one hung in Midas being assembled in its centre. Although right now, there was still nothing but apparent darkness here, only a scattering of smaller lights in areas where the construction was being concentrated upon.

This was not a project he had been part of or had seen the plans of. He had not taken into research what had become of Tanagura in his absence, but in estimates, Iason guessed it to be roughly perhaps just two or three quarters of the year old. Eos Tower Two was it? Why had they built a second?

"Does it please you? Is it a palace worthy of the Tanagura Blondie? It has all you'll ever need: three floors, a large private garden with several baths and pools-"

"Why here?" Iason stood still, like a statue, mind already hypothesizing the answer, without openly stating it however.

"Because this is going to be your new home. The Council has decided to move you here. Eos One no longer has capable security to protect you and your affairs."

Iason's brows furrowed, "I didn't request any of this," and that statement marked the beginning of Raoul's quest to convince him to return to their fold.

"Tanagura needs you."

"So this was what it was? A trip to lure me to the System again?" an unexpected flair of emotion, notwithstanding, quickly sealed and kept at bay.

"But it's the truth. Can't you see? The Council will do everything in its power to have you return!"

"Why?!" Iason's suddenly raised voice shattered the silence, sliced it like a blade, making even the Droids stop, pause, processing then resuming their construction as they were programmed to, in a steady pace.

Iason gripped the railing. Raoul sighed, and moved to stand beside him, "No one knew of your return or how. We were mindful to keep it a secret. Yet you know how walls seem to have ears here in Tanagura. Rumours of you have now spread like wildfire..."

"Then must it be necessary to heed social pressure?"

Raoul smiled at that response. It was so like the reaction he had when he was brushing off the rumours about his mongrel Pet.

"If you're wondering, most of those boxes are gifts from the higher classes and the privileged, among others. Not only for you. Everyone is likely to be expecting Riki to return so they sent gifts for him as well.

"Can't you see it?"

He actually can. Riki. Once again strolling about in this massive palace, scowling at him or casting a snide remark that he loved to argue with or quell down with ardent kisses and uncaring thrusts until they were no more than little moans. The thought almost made him cry.

"And if I choose not to Raoul? What would you do? What would happen?"

Raoul looked at him straight, "You won't."

"What makes you so certain? What if I want no part in all this?" he gestured, tired. "What if I chose to be somewhere else other than Tanagura? A place where there are no masters, no pets, just two people?"

Raoul leaned in the same way Iason had found the rail and sighed once more, "I understand why you feel so faithless. But you of all of us know that you do not belong anywhere else but here. Neither does Riki. Not any more."

"What does Tanagura care of a Pet? Why do you care of a pet? Weren't you the one who didn't agree with him in the first place?" Iason shook his head. "Riki never belonged anywhere his heart didn't fall into. And Tanagura was never his home, never since the beginning.."

That was true. Society here was cruel especially to a mongrel and a Pet no less. Raoul even had a hand in shattering the simplest of delusions Riki had that got him by. But then right now, it was out of the question. What Raoul felt and thought was to be of no use to his purpose. He trod more carefully.

Reaching into his robe pocket, Raoul produced a small transparent screen which he showed to Iason. The latter eyed it with silent scrutiny. It was labelled as the Jupiter List, and he could only see two names in the Registry, grimacing when he read his own and under it, his mongrel's.

"This is where you belong," he pulls up Iason's file.

The Jupiter List was something like the Elite of the Elites' Elite List, containing individuals they cannot qualify into anything else other than 'special' or 'beyond'. Raoul had spearheaded its formulation yesterday. In fact, it never existed until yesterday, however, the Blondies do intend on etching it in steel and stone as an absolute they must respect all in the pursuit of getting their pivot back.

"We know of your connection to the System Iason. We had monitored you whilst you slumbered and found out ahead of time what you are now capable of," admitted his friend.

It wasn't a shock. Jupiter had spoken to Iason about it.

The world will know who you are.

"Listen...Tanagura has acknowledged you officially as the new Jupiter," Raoul continued. "Your power, influence, control is now limitless. You literally have the entire planet eating from the palm of your hand."

"It is superficial, all this," Iason knew that what all this would do was put him a step higher above the rest.

Even in the Class he belonged to, he would be exalted above his own colleagues and brothers. Raoul read that openly, and just as he had intended, played on whatever it was he could gamble upon. He hung on every word and sentiment...

"Without Riki? Is that what you have to say?" he need not have asked. But this was what he was waiting for, the nail to drive it all home. "Of course we have never excluded your Pet from the equation since.

"As you can see."

He pulled up Riki's file from the Jupiter List for Iason to look into. His Pet's sleeping face swam before his eyes.

"For him the Council has decided to amend the Pet Law..." Iason was speechless at the revelation, turning to his friend, not denying his reaction. "Tanagura will acknowledge Riki as your exclusive...but only if you come home.

"Home to where you belong, Iason."


Katze had already gone by the time Iason came home, the latter choosing to climb his path the old fashioned way through deserted floors swarmed only by Droids to where his Pet was, activating all defences at every level he summited past at the same time. The trip out left him rather tired, although his body had never been built for that before. He took his time to contemplate.

"I'm back my love..." he bent down, a curtain of golden hair, and kissed Riki gently on his lips. His mind was going back and forth a thousand different things, including the talk he'd had with Raoul earlier...

Iason had turned to his friend, a clear sense of wondering and apprehension.

"The Council knows that your Pet was made an indispensable part by Jupiter. We are aware of what he had made him. The Council therefore has thought it wise to make him a special case, and if you return, we will ascend your Pet, the one you so love, into a position befitting an elite."

Raoul has made his point, and he could see Iason thinking. He continues, "A pet the same but for you, only yours..."

Iason laced his fingers together, pressed his palms and rested his forehead there, a comparable saint, a Blondie that was perhaps still in utter disbelief. If this happens then...then Riki can be...

"Why would the Council do that?" he'd asked his friend.

"Because he is yours, plain and simple. It still eludes me why you broke everything for him, but I guess you had succeeded in pursuing your love that even Jupiter couldn't stop you. His most perfect of us all you may have been, but you did as you wanted in the end."

Was that what everyone thought? That this was his form of rebellion to their old god?

"Do you think things will return as they were once I come back?" for some reason, Iason wanted to know.

He could see Raoul's bewilderment when he threw him this question.

"What do you mean? Of course things will become normal-"

There was that stun, that surprise. A flash of midnight blue feathers and Iason revealed the secret he has been harbouring. Wings. Jupiter had granted him wings! And he wasn't the only one, as Jupiter had gifted Riki with the same as well...

The winged Blondie pursued, "Once you allow me to ascend to the space that a god like Jupiter has left, things will change. As I and Riki have changed.

"Is that a consequence the Council will still be able to accept?"

Raoul apparently was at a loss for words. He hadn't anticipated this, "Iason..."

He knew he must have had serious, even dangerous eyes when he unshaded them and looked at the other Blondie. Already Iason could see a space separating him from the rest of the other members of his Class. This was what Jupiter had intended. He wanted to cause these rifts even as he died because he was that...he was a god who wanted everything to have its own distinction.

"If I, as Jupiter, declare to be mated only to a mongrel, would you still want to have me back?"

Raoul didn't know what to say.

Chapter Text

As Katze was left charge of his Master's Pet, for some time, he had been trying to puzzle over what could have happened that day, sorting through the bits and pieces of all his recollections. He was there after all, when Dana Burn exploded and the mines destroyed Jupiter, and when the accident took with it these seemingly star-crossed lovers.

Katze witnessed the fall of a leader, the death of his beloved, and the loss of both beings he considered to be his friends. A year he'd quietly mourned, brooded behind the same practiced apathy, going about the schedules and business affairs of the Black Market, dealing rather effectively with all the painful blows of Trade even as Tanagura was falling to ruin above him.

What could have happened?

Then he got that call.

A Blondie who had been his master's colleague and confidant was asking for help. It was about them. It was about Iason Mink and Riki. His first reaction was obvious. He just couldn't believe it! Not until the Blondie snuck him into Eos and showed him the encased bodies.

We need to get them out of here.

But of course that hadn't happened. Tanagura wanted to keep its pivot in the end, and there was no one worthy enough to be it but his Master. But what will happen to Riki now? As he looked down Riki's slumbering form, he wondered, was actually fearful at the very bottom of his thought-to-have-been-unfeeling heart, of what might happen to this one.

What if Iason could do no more to protect him?

There and then Katze made it his responsibility to find ways to help his fellow mongrel. He will do his best for Riki's sake especially when worse came to worst for him here, although he would not have guessed that it wasn't necessary. If there existed Fate, well said Fate had other plans in mind...

As Katze was figuring in the darkness of the unit, there was a stir in the bed where Riki was asleep.

Baffled, the ex-Furniture drew its curtains aside and with wide eyes was taken aback by what he suddenly witnessed...a transformation!...wings as black as night unfurling from behind an arched, unconscious body, spreading like massive petals, curling mindlessly and folding into place. Then as quickly as they'd come, they were gone, retracted if miraculously into the form whence they had spun from.

Katze had perhaps stared for a full minute or two, an involuntary shudder caused by shock at the same time as he marveled at it, easing down his spine before parched, suddenly dried lips uttered a word, "W-Wings...?"


Tanagura gleamed with its usual stars, rivaling those above in terms of brightness and even beauty, ironically. Iason thought however that if ever they'd move to Eos Two, he may end up re-arranging the bedroom so it faced the Ocean instead. Riki might love the open breeze, the better, more peaceful view. He would hopefully love the smell of the washing waters whispering with it its sirens' songs.

He shook his head, scolding himself, "What am I thinking?"

The Master looked back at his Pet. Riki was as he was, silent, unconscious with no sign as to when he will ever wake up...


Three days and Eos Tower One was once again opened to its lower-ranking residents, the unexplained lockdown and mysterious evacuation having been charged to nothing more but unforeseen malfunctions.

The top level was still left sealed however, but every now and then a Blondie was seen accessing it and opening the doors, leaving everyone not in the loop to wonder. It had been a long-known fact that none of these golden-haired beauties ever lived there now, yet of course the other elites knew better than to ask why they seem to stray there again. 

Raoul was able to arrange Iason and Riki's transport the evening before, and they were now both being examined in his personal laboratory, the other having convinced Jupiter's chosen that it was worth seeking some medical advice, especially for the Pet who didn't want to wake up. It was all made a secret of course, and all details of the tirade was placed on a need-to-know basis. Not even all the Blondies knew of Iason's coming into Raoul's domain, down into his laboratories where there was relative peace guaranteed. For now.

The Biochemist had handed down the results of his probing to Iason, who sat, naked from the waist up on his examination pod. Riki was rested on the other just beside him. They had unfurled their wings at least five or six times today, Iason noticing that whenever he pushed his pair out, Riki's would respond. They were indeed connected.

"This was unusual," began Raoul. "...we scanned you and Riki for any bodily anomalies the first time but didn't find these before. Now they've both completely re-structured.

"There are compartments beneath the skin of your back where your wings can be retracted into."

He pointed on the screen where the said hollows were visible.

Iason just sighed at that, "Jupiter..." was all that he uttered.

"You mean this was his design?"

He didn't feel compelled to hide anything from Raoul, "We received it when we went into Jupiter's Tower, along with some explicit instructions...I don't know if Riki had connected with it that day, but maybe he had, otherwise his own pair might not have been activated."

"Instructions huh? Can you tell me about it?"

Iason smiled. Ever the questioning one, his friend. "I'm sorry. I was told his Will was to be confidential."

Raoul of course, understood, "I see."

He looked at Riki whose wings were a marvel of sleek black feathers. Raoul couldn't help but stare at them for sometime before he carried out with the rest of the examinations.

"We need to observe this one. He's showing quite the different-"

"I'm taking him home," Iason didn't want to give Raoul the pleasure of poking about his Pet's anatomy any more than he already had today. Bottom line, he only had one concern and many reservations with having his Pet and another Blondie in one room. "I do not want to have you treat Riki like some experiment."

"But Iason..."

The look on the the once-Ice Noble's face made it clear that he would not change his mind even if all Tanagura burned to cinders in three minutes. He had always been attached to Riki, and was hell-bent on keeping him to the point of obsession, not only these last few days but ever since he's made him his Pet. Raoul guessed that he had to understand that. He gave, "All right.

"But give me your word that you will come back to talk with the Council. The Capital needs you more now than it ever had. You know it."

Iason did know it, and he has already decided that he would exploit that very idea to secure a future for them again, here in this damned cold city. He smiled.

"I give you my word. Three days and I shall be ready."

Chapter 9

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

I. Qualifications

II. Registration procedures

III. Pet husbandry

IV. Disease prevention

V. Breeding requirements

VI. Quality assurance

VII. Prohibitions

VIII. Disposal procedures

IX. Exclusivity clause

News of the Pet Law being amended was almost like declaring war against all of Tanagura's beliefs and social traditions, not to mention an utmost desecration of the rules first forged upon all owners by Jupiter himself.

But then the Council did not want to further delay Iason's return into their fold as they had been almost dying to repair what was lost of their grand dominion, particularly the System whose keys had been handed down to the chosen Tanagura Blondie.

So they made a show of it all. Because to manipulate the masses this way was as always the easiest done, and by toying with the general public's psychology, showing them such power and grace, was to take their interests and make from them an advantage that the Blondies can next wield.

First they admitted that Jupiter had already died, which was a shock to everyone, although it shouldn't have been because it was already the root of such widespread gossip. Then they notified everyone of his chosen heir, and that he had come back to step up into the dead god's pedestal to rule over his inheritance as was his new right and responsibility.

They were able to reintroduce Iason to the populace this way, with a parade of entirely solemn grandeur, moving him from Eos Tower One to his new palace with much ceremony. All the Blondies were there, six and six to either side, in their royal regalia, as Neu-Jupiter walked forward towards his new residence.

To ease Riki's transition into the picture, he was likewise carried in with the tide the day Iason re-entered. They placed him in a reverently carried cast of gold, dressed in robes of black, surrounded by blooms, a field of guards and much security. The entire fan-fare. They had earlier confirmed that he was likewise chosen by Jupiter, to be Iason Mink's Exclusive half, and that he had also received the Will of the dead god.

No one was allowed to speak or meet with the two.

Even in the Elitists' party that ensued after the transfer, Iason was kept away from the crowd, but the Blondies need not have to, as he himself maintained a distance before disappearing near-midnight to sit by his Pet's pod, looking at Riki's peaceful face as if seeking answers from his expression. He fell asleep beside him, and the next day woke up reluctant still to play into his new role...

Blue.

Iason looked at the new robes he had on that morning. They were no longer the white-grey-silver-gold formals the rest of the Blondies donned. Blue velvet like the colour of his feathers he imagined; the hue somehow made him feel quite set apart. And he felt it was rather lonely on the very top.

"Must we always make such distinctions?" Neu-Jupiter asked as Raoul walked in to see him.

"Tanagura is all about distinction. You're Neu-Jupiter. There needs to be a difference."

"A difference that is not entirely necessary Raoul," he reminded.

"Oh but it is. It's that difference that protects Riki and puts him at your feet on the same pedestal."

Iason somehow agreed. Somehow it all felt right, to see himself like this, another breed above from the rest, though where his pride had gone, he had not the answer. The Elite of the Elite of Elites. And now he has Riki there with him. "How does everyone react?" he was curious.

"To your return? As they should," Raoul responded. "They use the new title for you now...Neu-Jupiter. The Council has ordained it."

Iason looked out from his roomy closet. A circular platform hovered just beyond where he was, right above and dead middle of the very splendid indoor Babylonian gardens of their new home. Chains were the only links that held it in place, kept the circle from flying away. No doors, no teleportation gateways...the only way to get there was a precarious flight which he of course can do. It should serve a good deterrent to anyone interested to transgress the place.

He looked up.

How the space was bathe with the brightness of glaring sunshine. It felt warm, felt assuring, although Riki who slept in the bigger Pet bed under canopies of silk in the middle of that platform was yet to bask in it. He still slept peacefully, and all Iason could do at the moment was keep him from being disturbed.

"And Riki?"

Raoul joined him where he was on the balcony, watching that circular platform drift, soundless groans as the chains holding it down swayed, "He has his own share of nomenclatures. The citizens of Midas call him Jupiter's Pet, Lover, Consort...

"The Council will simply refer to him as the Exclusive, of course."

Raoul moved them forward, "Our transport is already waiting outside. We should leave."

Iason would have looked himself in the mirror, but then he knew that the being who would stare back at him was none other than himself. The same Iason, but then he was not entirely the same was he?

"And thus my godhood starts..."


Half an hour after his master left, half hour after the system droids were set and activated to guard the Penthouse Palace of Neu-Jupiter, a low moan escaped the lips of the sleeper, a stir into waking as he heaved deep, slow breaths of air, as if a child just burst from the clasp of his test tube.

Obsidian eyes open to the light, squinting at what seemed to be the brightest of suns, through lazy silken canopies. Sounds. Everywhere. A gawking bird, leaves rustling, falling water...

Where am I?

Riki has been roused to consciousness, feeling his head split as if a knife had hacked it in two. He remembered bit by bit...there was an explosion. A deathly blaze. His last deep kiss with the Man he loved within a furnace that ultimately put an end to them both.

"Iason...," the pain surged when he tried to get up, so he fell back again, holding his forehead. "Iason..."

Notes:

Yuri: If anyone's wondering if there's going to be a second Cinco, well, maybe.

Chapter 10: Storia Duwa, A Pet's Freedom

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

The Council meeting was held behind closed doors, all the Blondies in attendance as they ran through the finer points of the Exclusivity Clause of the New Pet Laws, each section being read, Gideon, Orphe, Raoul and the others debating on all the changes, Iason's stand-in and best friend being a total perfectionist aiming to make everything right. While Iason was silent throughout the proceedings, merely an attentive ear listening, happy somehow that in the end, it will still be about Riki.

"The Exclusivity clause was created to exclude one, therefore it should only specifically declare that the rules therein would only apply to Pet Z-107M. Dash E. He must be in the writing," Raoul stated, on a gallant tirade befitting a knight.

It was an ancient discussion, like the rhetoric and arguments when Ceres was excluded from being part of the society that stands absolute to this day. Nothing much has changed in a year, Iason sighed to himself, everything finally becoming the same old thing, albeit he was relieved that the rules by which the Pet, his Riki, was to act as an Exclusive were promptly created despite much anarchy amongst them:

IX-A.

The Exclusivity clause applies only to Pet Z-107M-E a.k.a Riki (see section 2: Jupiter List, Riki) and shall NOT include any or all other pets be they Academy-bred or otherwise

IX-B.

The Exclusive shall remain housed within Eos Tower Two or where his Master resides, and is forbidden from living separately or leaving without prior consent

IX-C.

The Exclusive is given full rights but must subject himself to all rules pertaining to his Master's House and must in no way go against these said regulations

IX-D.

The Exclusive must wear his Pet Ring at all times

IX-E.

The body of the Exclusive shall be, all technical and System purposes included, for the sole use and pleasure of Neu-Jupiter (see section 1: Jupiter List, Iason Mink)

IX-F.

Any unauthorized contact with the said body by individuals (e.g. "beings", "creatures", "humans", etc.) other than the one stated in section 1 of the Jupiter List, shall be prohibited and will merit Capital Punishment especially when pursued with the intent of harm or malice

IX-G.

Any unlawful contact by the Pet merits FULL disciplinary action which shall hence be carried out by his Master under supervision of the Council

There were other rules, guidelines, restrictions as the list seemingly went on forever, and debates which included things like separate citizen chips for the Exclusive and Neu-Jupiter, boundaries or the lack of it, security, how Riki must be escorted at all times when his Master was not around, etc., etc., were tackled in earnest, although not everyone agreed with everything, raising the subject of whether or not this would affect the very fabric of their customs. Besides, there was the public ideal. How would this change alter the lives of those in their domain?

"The godhood has shifted," emphasized Raoul, taking the final word on the subject presented. "As we had thought to please Jupiter, so we must with his heir. The opinions of the populace are of no significance and is not significant, however, the System and its bearers are."

Point taken. The argument was closed.

Then intrigue inclined the discussion on the matter of pet soirees and the like gatherings, of which Iason promptly set his foot down. He will not have Riki's real purpose as a 'vessel' for the System be undermined by these affairs, and as the Master grants full discernment unto his Pet whether to decline any and all of them as part of his full rights under subsection IX-C; if he ever does attend, he will not be allowed to participate so as to not violate subsection IX-E. These were immediately added to the list of sub-rulings.

Raoul wanted to reserve one subsection of the newly-formulated amendments open for his scientific evaluations regarding both Neu-Jupiter's and his Exclusive's interaction with the System under section IX-E, quote: all technical and System purposes included…unquote.

"There might be more to this than what we know and close monitoring should be exercised" he said, and they knew for certain he was right so they granted the motion without delay.

"To simplify then," Gideon sat back in his seat when at last, they had exhausted every possible angle and scenario on the subject, a smile on his face that told everyone how the Charismatic Noble was amused. "The Pet of Tanagura's Neu-Jupiter shall be henceforth such, his Exclusive. That is the common fact."

He then looked at Iason who maintained his superior air, a cool facet chiselled with the hardness of ice. "Can you handle him this way though? We're basically granting him all freedom unheard of in pets."

It was a fact they were entirely afraid of, no matter how much they intend to give it to get their head back.

Iason just smiled and in all confidence assured his fellow Blondies, "When have I ever not?" He will make this work. For Riki's sake…he will once more walk on fire and burn if he must.

It was Orphe who raised the final vote, all documentations compiled and sealed into the databases as Aisha seconded, now a law meriting execution, "Let's put the issue to rest then?"

Everyone nodded in agreement.

"All in favour?"

The hall echoed with a resounding "Aye."


Panic.

That was the first reaction he had when he woke up in a room he neither recognized as his nor Iason's. The moment he opened his Obsidian eyes, the moment his mind would allow him focus and thought, he was immediately in search of any familiarity with the area but could find nothing, just that feeling of not belonging here, that the current situation was all wrong on so many levels.

He couldn't find a trace of his master and lover, the discovery of a different D-Type Pet Ring at the base of his penis doing little to help ease his worries. Worries that had made him fail to simply remember how Guy had actually castrated him at Dana Burn, making this scenario now somehow a physical impossibility.

His mind was too occupied to notice the subtle changes in his physique and mentality, that his mind was actually racing through one logical explanation then another, which was honestly an improbability in itself as he was never naturally as intelligent, yet here he was, thought processes as quick as or even quicker to the draw when it came to it, than a top Android of Tanagura...

'Had I been handed to another master?' Riki pondered. 'But then who?'' This was his ultimate concern at the moment however.

Curse the elites' lack of love for images. As vain as they were, everything seemed too minimal in terms of their sentimentality really. There was no effigy about to catch a glimpse of just who the person would be. 'Perhaps another Blondie?' for only they had the humour to use a D-Type (or so he imagined). Riki did not want to find out.

He forced himself unto his feet, and wobbled the first time, but held tenaciously onto his consciousness when he was about to fall, even as he summoned the reserves of the strength he felt, no, knew that he hadn't used in a while. Three unsteady steps later, he'd found himself seeking a means of escape, and immediately.

"Shit. Where am I?"

There was none. Upon closer scrutiny of the surroundings, he was rather stunned to have found that the Pet Bed where he earlier lay was set on a platform circle that was literally suspended in mid-air! And from the corners of it, all he could see was a sheer drop onto the hard floor below.

"Shit. Shit. Shit."

Riki just couldn't believe his luck. How the hell did they get him here? And how the hell would they get him down? What annoying humour this new master must have to actually trap him on a space that was nearly impossible to escape from. In addition to how betrayed he felt, for Iason perhaps was already dead and had left him to this fate.

But he didn't want to be here. He didn't want to resign himself to being bound again although that's yet to be determined. He didn't want to meet the new bane of his existence. He'd rather be away. He'd rather...he'd rather...

"Shit. Not now," Riki cleared his eyes as they misted over with trivial tears.

He'd rather want his old life with Iason back, his brain—no—his heart said, to be caressed, owned and punished even by that cruel Blondie, that Blondie he loved. That would be better.

Iason...where had you gone?

A raven head suddenly snapped up.

He'd heard a slight groan and noticed how there were chains connecting the platform he stood upon to the walls below.

Salvation. Or rather, it was a mongrel's ingenuity no less, for only such a radical mind would come up with such a dangerous and near-suicidal solution to his problems. Riki was damned serious, and knowing well that if he achieved this feat, afterwards, he'd have to run again with all his might...


They noticed Iason's sudden pause even before the building lights and circuitry flickered, causing everyone to immediately turn towards his direction as the seeming shiver of fluctuations were his doing. The Blondies in particular were immediately concerned.

"Was that you, Iason?" Aisha asked.

Neu-Jupiter fell into silence, quiet at first as if contemplating, before he replied with a sigh, "Riki..." Iason knew he had to leave. Immediately. "He's awake."

It took more than mere strides to keep up with him as the Master all but sped off, stopping not despite being called after by Raoul and his other brethren who were falling far behind, "Maybe we should send-"

Iason instantly waved it off. "There's a faster way."

He half sprinted to the nearest open overhanging where, to his best friend's utter horror and damned annoyance, Iason unfurled his midnight blue wings, a flurry of feathers as beautiful as the back-dropping sky, spreading like petals, before the top Blondie took to the air in one effortless leap.

The other watched him disappear into the darkening surroundings, the Council arriving a split-second late, confused as to where Iason had once more vanished to.

"Raoul-"

The Biochemist was cussing to himself, "We need to have security follow him!" And he scrambled for his pod car to hurry after Neu-Jupiter.


He couldn't explain what happened, but after he glided down the chain using the makeshift silk of the canopy as a rope and jumped over the balcony of an adjoining room, he discovered that his agility had taken a rather astonishing leap. Never had he felt so light, only confirmed further when he easily ducked the Droids guarding the floor, diving through several surveillance bots as they scanned the area for intruders and other unusual activities.

"Why's the security so tight?!" Riki wondered, guessing at how ridiculously important this new master of his must be for the place to be so completely crowded with guards and such.

But then it was impossible for him not to get caught. There were just too many of these mindless robots and only one of him that, soon enough, his fears were realized, and a Droid had managed to corner him in one corridor as he was trying to figure his way out through the maze of the place. It scanned his face and determined the one order it was programmed with:

Z-107M Riki

Exclusive: Confirmed

DETAIN

Mindless determination perhaps close to a zombie-like state, only fueled by algorithms and manicured syntaxes in a powerful though lifeless body. Riki had to fight, the mongrel in him awakened as metallic fingers reached to drag him back in, even as other units poured from the rooms to help subdue him, stun at the ready.

He parried, snatched a Droid by its arm and did not think that he could even budge it, but again had underestimated his own strength it seemed as he effortlessly dashed the thing against its other counterparts, ripping steel joints apart, crunching through metal and alloy, unexpectedly making way for himself.

What was this?

Riki stared in disbelief at the palms of his hands, wondering where all this power had come from, but then started when he heard those unmistakable footsteps long before more units became visible. He just had to get away. This won't be like that time at the Plage when he had been so helplessly caught. Because he believed it would no longer be Iason who would next come through the door to show him pain. He will not get another master!

Exclusive: DETAIN

"Shit," Riki looked about as he came to a bridge connecting this and another chamber, but either gateway had now been swarmed by Droids. Desperately, the Pet looked for another way out, only saw one and it was near suicidal that for a moment he doubted.

He looked down.

Another balcony below.

But then he was hell-bent on not getting trapped ever again that he just had to take that chance, no matter how futile it all appeared.

"God damn it!" and it could have surprised anybody as with one full bound, he spanned the distance…and survived.

Just when he thought he'd be dead, when he could almost see himself a shattered mass of innards with his brain squashed against the beautiful marble, blood in a lovely macabre pool, Riki landed on his feet like a cat would. This again surprised him.

"What the hell-" but still no time to figure things out. He wasn't in the clear yet. The Droids had come to unmistakably capture him, easily following the route by which he'd descended. Riki figured he just had to keep going, keep running as he had run the day Iason let him go…

Riki sped up, although almost impossibly, as he was getting cornered and cornered into even smaller space. He was running out of floor and options, until finally, he had his back against the glass of a very lengthy window with no way to go.

Sweat.

Riki could feel his longer locks annoyingly stick to his skin, adding to the sense of constriction drumming his ears with his heartbeat. Damn claustrophobia. But somehow it had more to do with the presence of the Droids than with the actual fear itself, and the actual fear of being caught in chains again.

The Pet looked over his shoulder. The lights of Tanagura and the dark of clouds with its promise of rain. Ceres must be beyond that horizon somewhere. A nonsensical thought. But then he doesn't belong there anymore, does he? The same way he believed that he didn't belong here either way…not without Iason, he doesn't belong anywhere.

You shouldn't have left me...

The lights dimmed as if to console him as he recognised an all too familiar feeling: grief. Because pain he knew he could handle, but never when he had a broken heart…

To think you would be my last heartache you damned Blondie, Riki smiled bitterly to himself, fingers pressing hard against the glass of the window, determining that what was to happen next was perhaps for the better…it was his only way out now.

Riki ducked. He let the attacking Droid's electrified fist slam and shatter the glass behind him, pulling at that arm, sending them both to plummet the many storeys down, plunging in a sprinkling of glass, each shard, even to the most miniscule, glittering with the menacing lights of the city.

Yes, he chose to drop rather than get caught. He chose death rather than be trapped again in a gilded cage of sorts. He chose this instead of slavery…death would be better, because then maybe Iason would be there beyond the impending darkness.

Riki closed his eyes.

But this wasn't what Jupiter planned now was it?

…I leave you a part of me…

Riki's eyes snapped open of their own accord as he saw Iason in the back of his mind, then he turned himself in the air and just…just…spread his wings!

"Wait. What!?"

The Pet could not believe what he was looking at: a pair of black as night wings that instead of disaster, allowed him to take to the air and flee.

Only a second for him to figure out the simple mechanics. Only a second to finally get the hang of these new parts.

Riki figured how something must have definitely happened to him after the explosion as he glided to a stop, watching the Droids chasing after him dash and burn, exploding on the streets below. But what? He had no answers. All he could do now was push away, lest someone saw him, lest someone else paid mind. Already, a crowd had gathered far below.

He had never felt relief as he had felt it now, but then there was the fear again, mounting. He didn't die. Which meant he was still going to be someone else's Pet.

But then where could he go? The new Pet Ring that bit his flesh would guarantee that no matter where he went, even flew to, he'd get traced. Even the barrier protection of Dana Burn seemed like a ludicrous suggestion…

The Pet fisted his hands, letting the cold of the wind lash at him, the cruelty of ice threatening to break him into foolish tears.

Riki didn't even bother to look back from where he had come. With any luck, he'd be back there sooner than he would want. For now, he chose to fly on…just fly on…never mind where he got to after this.

Notes:

Yuri: Here's the continuation. Apologies. I was still too busy updating the other two stories I have in progress. :')

Chapter 11

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

Riki's trail was easier to follow than expected, Iason not even needing to activate the tracer in the Ring, finding himself already connected to his Pet in more ways as Neu-Jupiter than ever before. He could feel him pulsing, confused...afraid, yes, evidently in fear which made the Blondie frown in dismay as he glided in mid-air, commanding his own wings effortlessly. Was Riki in trouble?

Besides the feeling leading him on, Iason was following obvious signs...like the trail of the raw and unchecked release of power, the unexpected accessing of his Pet to the System, no doubt, as evidenced by a Tanagura district in total darkness now as he flew through it. He went even higher than the pod cars drifting below, although unnecessarily perhaps, but still just wanting to simply slip past anybody who might notice.

He went on for a few minutes before he felt it, a faint sense of his Riki nearby, the other's utter loneliness which only continued to magnify as he drew closer and closer.

"I'm coming Pet," the Blondie scanned the surface. "Just let me find you. Please."

And the rain slowly began to fall in the merciless world of the Capital city.


Fear. Riki felt it eat at him inside. Fear. That he had been cast from one hell to another and now without anyone he'd loved or known there...

Desperately, the Pet tried to seek some sort of comfort in his thoughts as he sobbed rather uncontrollably on the rooftop where he'd found himself, chased by his own imaginings about the Tower he escaped from. He shivered. Not only for remembering the earlier ordeal, but for the obvious cold and starvation wracking his entire body.

He was alone now and far away at least, the surrounding area seemingly having hid him as the lights slowly died and extinguished themselves when he wished earlier that they would. He however thought it to be coincidental, believing instead in the peace brought about by this darkness.

The wings folded behind him, more obedient to his will than he'd ever been to anyone although now he can feel their weight like stone having been drenched by this unforgiving rain. Riki didn't know what to do.

"Damn you Blondie..." all he could murmur was this curse, finally recalling the incident that had led to all this but without the slightest idea what had happened after sharing a last deep kiss with Iason, telling the man he thought he loved him. He brought his trembling hand between his legs. "What had they done to me?" and squeezed, feeling the new Pet Ring rub around his organ.

Lightning.

The annoying downpour became heavier about him by the minute, icy almost as they marred his body, seeping seemingly through his bones. Yet instead of seeking any form of shade from it, Riki remained, himself pinned to where he already was, a crying mess in the dark and cold. Could he go back to Ceres still? But what would he find there? Certainly not his old life.

The Pet wrapped his arms around his knees and curled into a ball, wishing for once that he was ensconced safely between the sheets with his only master, touched by his need, his cool warmth...

"Ia...Iason..."

Lightning. And with common nightmares, he simply buried his head.


Sapphire eyes glared at the vulnerable form of the Pet trembling with some manner of pain, not even noticing that he was no longer alone there, so uniquely vulnerable, Iason at last finding him after searching so hard and so long.

He had to call his name, "...Riki..." to which the other immediately opened his eyes, his heart altogether, staring up, apparently stunned.

It was a voice that he knew quite well enough, the timbre of which making his soul melt, his body yield... Sure enough, his senses had not deceived him, had not been pushed to madness at this rate. Riki blinked.

There he stood, right in front of him, the towering form of the Tanagura Blondie Iason Mink, casting him a stare of severity but actually looking with such love and worry behind them. The Man's arms crossed gracefully under the canopy made of his own dark wings.

"Iason…?"

No. They were actually blue, the Pet's mind amended. Like the sky was the shade of midnight even with the moons up. He had become like him, or was that the other way around? No matter. It was a moment unexpected. His master. His Iason was alive!

"You destroy part of our beautiful home in the new tower," the Blondie began. "...cast a large sector of the Capital into utter darkness, and have possibly shorted out every standing system facility within three hundred miles around you.

"Such trouble. Always wherever you went..." he gestured with a graceful hand, sighing in practiced disappointment, masking how he was feeling inside, how his emotions truly wandered about. "You can't even use those wings properly. How pathetic you look."

Riki visibly shuddered, mind starting when that voice dissipated in the ambiance to be replaced by the nonsensical pitter-patter of the rain. It scared him. But when he blinked, the vision stayed. It did not falter. The Blondie of Tanagura who had made him captive both in body and then heart still stood there, waiting, alive, scolding him again with those eyes, owning him with his presence.

If there be punishment, he was all right with it...as long as he was no longer alone.

"Bastard!" Riki immediately jumped, almost wanting to throw his strongest punch at him but instead collapsing into the other's arms, falling straight into his embrace, a mass of wet wings, clothes and all. He wanted to struggle against him, to rebel, but then he simply couldn't, just can't, begging with all his heart, "Why?"

Questions. He wanted to ask the other about many things yet he felt entirely weak for them, managing only the most important one: "Why did you leave me!?"

Iason was shocked, but then understood that rage, those scowling and, yes, still crying eyes. The need for some assurance behind it all making him smile ever so gently, breaking the pseudo-heartless visage he had chosen earlier, to become a Man most in love.

Riki was shaken, his tears still well-defined as they ran down his cheeks despite the rain. Lightning again, breaking the sky into shards overhead, but held no meaning as the Blondie simply enfolded his Pet, no second's hesitation, and right into his arms Riki had never felt more safer.

"I'm sorry, my dear one," whispered Iason, the voice of Neu-Jupiter. "I was kept busy and unable to welcome you into waking. I should have been there. You must have been scared."

All Riki could do was sob into those blue velvet robes, staining them wet by the minute, yet Iason could care less as he lovingly ran familiar fingers through those wet tresses, affectionately assuring the other that it was all right, and assuring himself that this was indeed his Riki, finally with his eyes open and conscious...no longer a sleeping doll.

Crying, Riki's shaking hands grasped onto his Master's clothes as if he would drown without him, having but only one wish.

"Take me…" he pleaded. "Take me home..."

Notes:

Yuri: There was a version B to this chapter, but I opted not to be heartless. I too, like happy beginnings...

Chapter Text

It was a dead weight no longer his burden.

Iason was relieved as he sat by his lonesome up his penthouse office, the thought of having found Riki -now a walking, awakened soul, under Tanaguran care again no less- easing the pains he'd been sinking himself into all this time. But they still had way much more to go. The Pet will want his answers, considering he was immediately thrust into such chaos by the situation, likewise, he would want to explain the changes that had taken place with them in the span of the year.

I wish there was a better way to make him understand... or better if there be no need to explain at all.

Lost in his own musings, Iason only later noticed how Raoul had entered, arms crossed, a curt, displeased look overtaking his graceful countenance.

"What's wrong?" the superior Blondie asked, puzzled by such a vexed expression on the other. But it should have been a very easy guess.

"Your Pet," replied his friend. "He's being difficult..."


Riki just didn't want to be touched in any way by those cold hands, in fact, didn't actually want anything to do with the medical droids as they tried to give him sedatives and drugs for calm. He paid no notice as he effortlessly knocked sterile tables, syringes and other paraphernalia off and away, even spat insults upon the face of that other idiotic Blondie, Raoul, whom he hated just as much, as the latter tried to pin him down to restraints.

Then, his will literally 'short-circuiting' the bay area, though apparently he wasn't aware he could, once more Varja, the destroyer, this time, of the environment of Tanagura, before Raoul finally decided that it was dangerous to play his shrink, storming out with an ego bruised and a temper rising.

"Iason, you handle him," he glared at his friend when they came through those doors...

"Don't touch me!" the Master could hear his Pet even before he got in to see him.

Riki had made a mess of the room, and had scarred the droids almost to malfunctioning to which he scowled, albeit could not bring himself to be cruel, finding the situation quite the contrary.

"Amusing…" he shook his head. "...how you're already acting like an Exclusive when you've just regained consciousness."

His magnificent form eased into the centre of the room, shutting the door behind, greeted by the heated anger of his Pet however and that mongrel's scowl that just wouldn't go away. One of his endearing features, the Master decided.

"Shut up!" Always, the colourful vocabulary. "I don't even know what the hell that means! And what are these!?"

He flexed his sable wings, making Iason notice how he was already managing to command them. He had that determined face yet again, a face the Blondie had seen many times before, the expression quite challenging and too difficult to shatter.

"Don't you like having them?" he was jesting, but then Riki took that as an improbable insult.

"You're a monster!"

A monster he said?

But then why was the other suddenly clinging so tightly unto him, choosing to shed his confused tears there than anywhere else? Iason felt his heart thumping, in time with the little desperate sobs that escaped the Pet's lips, trembling as he held him fast in that embrace.

"I just want to go home...instead you take me here."

So that was why.

"Which home would that be," Iason wondered, tilting that gorgeous face up so he may better delve into its expressions, its undisguised hurt. "Is it home to the slums or home with me?"

He actually feared to ask, but he wanted to know. He stayed them both in that moment, allowing himself a simple lingering stare into those mystically captivating obsidian eyes as they seemed to dance in the light of the other's emotions, his confusion. He didn't want to seduce Riki, not yet anyway, but instead let the gentler side he'd discovered come through. It was an assurance to the other that things were as they should be.

Then Iason did share a kiss. Light. Nothing possessive or loathsome. Just something to cement the guarantee his eyes promised, that he would be there, that this was real, and he would tell him everything in their own time.

Slowly, the Master lifted his Pet, and the other, visibly calmer and utterly helpless, welcomed being so close to that steady strength. Riki kept his eyes closed, knowing that his weight was no more than a trivial thing to one as powerful as Iason Mink, feeling safe again, somehow.

"Come," the Blondie murmured into his ear, and Riki protested no more, nodding after only the slightest of hesitations and snuggling closer, fingers grasping in blind need, stubborn and refusing to let go.

He just wanted this to be over. To bed. To their marital bed he wanted to be laid. Never had he so wanted to belong to one embrace, scared to ask, so in the next time deciding that he will just let his body beg for it.


The Council Room was in the midst of discussion, "Then we must immediately look into Military Pet cloning. It's the only way to cater to the current war demands..." when Orphe received a message that immediately made his brows knit.

The other Blondies noticed and paused as he brought up a screen in the middle of their table, showing Iason, carrying a curled and still winged Riki off to somewhere.

A superior presence was he, their Neu-Jupiter, and none of the other elites they'd passed dared speak as he bore with him this likewise bewitching creature, an unmoving thing in his arms, Riki seemingly asleep or unconscious or both.

"Are they...?" Orphe trailed as Raoul had entered, immediately figuring, "It appears Iason is taking him to the Tower."

The next decision was simple, to have eyes trail their comrade and see what happened with this expected reunion, however, Iason, wanting to keep things private between them for now, as Riki lacked the appetite to humour anyone, let alone his defenceless state was a fragrant flower the Blondie wanted to ravish all by himself, opted to be selfish.

The Master could not bear to share his happiness with anyone else, as he always had.

He stopped.

The surveillance drone hovered above them like a persistent gnat when he eyed it fiercely, giving it an immediate order: Terminate. And just like that, the drone died, expiring of its use.

Some of the Blondies sighed in disappointment. Only Gideon found it entertaining. "I see he wastes no time putting his new-found inheritance into use?" before noticing Raoul's displeasure and suggested, "Don't you think this would be a good opportunity to test those theories you've presented to the Council beforehand?"

The statement made the latter turn to him with some manner of silent attention, as if saying in the quiet, I'm listening.

Gideon continued: "Don't look so distraught!

"Shouldn't we find out if you are correct, with how Neu-Jupiter and his Exclusive can rectify the damage to Tanagura..." he smiled only too mischievously. "...once they've mated under the correct circumstances?"

Raoul merely pursed his lips and narrowed his eyes at the proposition.

Chapter 13

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

Their entrance into the Tower was not met with the resistance intruders would otherwise encounter, the hovering platform carrying them both up higher and higher, Riki, a clinging figure in stark contrast to his Master's form, until they finally reached the pinnacle of Tanagura's strength, the new centre of Iason's own power at present.

Riki shivered inwardly, but slowly opened his eyes, feeling himself shifted quietly. He had actually slept in the short span of the time that they'd traveled, still particularly exhausted, wings retracted and gone now, although he had done it unconsciously.

"Where are we?"

Still in his Master's arms, he glanced around, feeling slow somehow in the semi-dark, disappointed to see they still weren't home and was clear to voice that out, confused, to which Iason only smiled lovingly.

"But then this is part of our new home, my love," spoke the Blondie, his cool voice bouncing unto the frozen walls of the unoccupied space, making for itself a splendid metallic echo, that word - love - so entirely whole that Riki pondered at it.

Riki shuddered again, visibly this time. He doesn't know why, but he felt so utterly frozen, as if he had been encased in solid ice. Never had he wanted so much to be warm.

"You can feel it can't you? The lack here..." Iason asked.

Gently, he settled him onto the same furniture he'd entrusted him onto the first time they came here, when Riki was still unconscious and never hoped to awake, with a subtle intent to offer him on it in the same way. The Pet watched, as the Blondie all but clamped his teeth on the tips of his gloves, pulling at covering of two, three digits, before the thing fell loose, discarded immediately to the floor.

Iason slid to sit beside his black-haired beauty, meeting his eyes with his own as he leaned closer. The other's shiver was more on account of the desire he saw quite vividly behind those sapphire eyes than any other reason, and Riki looked away, but was stopped by a finger running down the side of his cheek, that bare digit taking hold of his chin.

A caged angel. Such beautiful long tresses Iason wanted to run his hands through.

"Look at me Pet," it had been the Blondie's old, common order to him.

With some manner of remembered fear, Riki obliged, letting that palm caress his face next, the fingers sliding to touch the satin of his lips, gently ordering them to part.

"So soft," murmured Iason.

At the words, the Pet trembled, "Ia...son…" and Riki automatically fell into a dazed state, a sudden heat swimming up his form.

His expression was like fuel to the need the other felt, and they weren't even touching truly yet. So he has not forgotten? Thankfully, Jupiter had not messed around with this part of Riki's programming; a feat Iason had laboured upon for years before he could have the other entirely to himself.

"Had you missed me, beloved?" crooned the Master, drawing the younger of them closer to him. No resistance as Riki all but exhaled, eyes falling shut when those arms enfolded him, a hand splaying him open, slowly guiding him to lie down.

"This was Jupiter's room," Iason had whispered, topping his Pet, the latter admittedly loving the weight holding him captive even as the hands - both bare now and quickly - moved to tease him through the thin fabric of the plain gown they made him wear.

Riki allowed his body to respond, heating up as it did, naturally and honestly, better than the sort induced by drugs and aphrodisiacs, by synthetic stimulants on other pets, the sort that drove Iason to madness, made him fuck harder.

"A-ahn...why! Why are you...hah, hng...telling me that...now?" the former mongrel was always one for retorts, used to throwing insults and such every now and then even when they bed together. Albeit now he wanted those kisses. Yes. More of those kisses as the Blondie descended to claim his flesh with his tongue and lips, ripping in one violent fashion the insignificant yet only piece of clothing Riki had on as he began to divest his own blue raiment.

Wet erotic trails, as smooth and as practised as the body beneath him recalled, were bestowed with much generosity upon his skin, the Master's fingers kneading, commanding. Riki threw his head back, a stuttered cry, most delicious and utterly beautiful, escaping his lips.

"I figure I should tell you that we killed Jupiter," replied Iason as he straightened to unfasten the last of the many complicated connections of his clothes, keeping hold of his Pet's stare but did enjoy a quiet evaluation of his beauty's other places, as if going through a check list of the parts so as to know whether or not they still summed up to the whole being before him.

Eyes traveled hungrily - arms, chest, abdomen...all chiseled features glowing, leading to the undisguised semi-hardness between Riki's s finely-sculptured legs, waiting for further attention. The news though, cooled the other's ardour somehow.

"W-what...?" Riki asked, but the Blondie had already bent down again, grinding flesh upon flesh now and causing his Pet's mind to scatter, groans replacing any more distinguishable speech, the head thrown again and creating an opening that his Master exploited gladly, bowing, rich blond hair – the sign of his stature – falling like curtains on either side of him, but hiding nothing to such passionate observation.

The slight dampener on the moment was no problem for a being such as Iason Mink, teasing his beloved with such excruciating tenderness that it burned...as if marks would later be left imprinted upon that luscious skin. Indeed. The Master bit down, hard, the first of more hickies to assert his ownership forming.

Unconsciously, Riki's blind fingers scratched at him, one hand finding some manner of anchor by twining mindlessly around his long, gold hair. Iason allowed those gestures, taking them as a sign together with Riki's other murmurings and sighs of encouragement. His stamen throbbed.

"Ia-Iason!"

From the way things were going, it looked like all manner of conversation would be put on hold until some form of recess was reached, a union so important at the moment as an ultimate comfort to both Master and Pet...something to seal their common reality...that they had survived and were now free to hold each other again. And that the freedom extended beyond what they used to know.

"I love you. How I missed your body. How I missed you Riki."

That voice, an Arctic kiss. "I…" the Pet did not know what to say. But he felt the same did he not? He conceded with a subtle eagerness, "As I you, Iason..."

The foreplays were not really something Riki were looking forward to, preferring to be swept off immediately into the throes of passion in a spurt of the moment kind of way, but his Master did not want to have that, choosing to make his hands and lips roam, to once more map and familiarize those soft sections, the indents of the other's flesh, every sinew and muscle.

But damn if he were not as desperately hungry, Riki's heat and scent rising to the sort which drove his senses to the brink of insanity, drawing out the higher functions of a refined Sex Droid from within him, rather bestial sometimes, that Chimeras would even be put to shame at his display, but now programmed into a body that was a far cry from what it had been.

But then he wouldn't really allow it to go that far.

Never again would he allow such extensive cruelty as the Pet all but screamed his name, "Iason!" Especially when he knew, as he had known now, that Riki would be forever his…

The System rattled to life. A zing and a surge that reacted to the primal urges as Iason held his beloved tight, raked his fingers over those curves, as lips took in the nubs of flesh that were the Pet's nipples, pinching, scraping, twisting them in fingers and drawing out some of the best hapless sounds from the body beneath him.

Still, he couldn't help but work Riki mercilessly, a hand finally taking hold of that length and stroking, a naked thumb pressing on the slit and letting it ooze, pre-cum hot and all too familiar to his touch, a sign of breath, of life, of consciousness. He further squeezed the head making the other yelp, grasping nonsensically, hair fanning as he bowed then arched.

This would look better on top of satin sheets and silk, on the bed they had in Eos Palace, but for now, seeing the dark-haired beauty writhe and twist, call out and buckle to his touch was enough.

The Pet's body was keen to remember the Blondie's ministrations, responding with much enthusiasm, broken rasps and exhales marking his approval and permission to be completely...taken. The System continued to hum with a renewed vitality in the background.

Iason arched and cried, cock throbbing and bobbing as his wings suddenly unfurled, hand involuntarily and unexpectedly tightening around the other's member, near-bruising it. Riki's own darker shaded pair burst forth from their confines, framing his sweat-slicked body, tips twinning with the other as if the wings themselves caressed, feathers scattering. So beautiful.

Iason wasted no time.

He positions his long-hardened organ right smack between his Pet's legs, poking Riki's lusciously tight hole, only pausing as if to ask, which was uncharacteristic of him. He didn't do these things previously.

"Do it!" an invitation, a challenge. And those obsidian eyes snapped open to look fiercely at him, the expression there almost dangerous but pleading, an obvious yearning.

Raw. So bold of Riki considering this was only their third time coupling in these new bodies, the Pet still deserving a stretch as it would definitely hurt like hell. And hurt like hell it did.

Iason watched that expression change from pain to pain as he all but rammed it in, a classic breaking, earning tears and broken groans, further hisses and stammering. But damned the tightness was excruciatingly sweet! The Blondie wanted more, his shaft increasing in size, growing, widening impossibly with each thrust, hips moving in with such reckless abandon.

Riki arched, throwing his head back, that slender neck so gracefully stretched for show as his eyes gripped shut, his feet grinding against the leather of the temporary bed he was laid upon, his hands fisting enough to bruise his own palms, wings aimless as they flexed and gave.

"Scream for me Pet!" Iason urged him to let it all out, seeing how he'd now bitten his lip and held back his voice. And scream Riki did indeed, mustered to the top of his lungs, as the Blondie hit the centre of his pleasures, numbing his senses all over with need.

"I-I-ahh...Iason!"

Delicious.

With sobs, Riki was now beginning to meet him as he pulsed through, as he turned him to the side, lifting that leg up and over his shoulder, a possessive hand taking the other's exerting length and pumping it in time. Abrasive it may be, but it was two for two. Despite the haze, Iason was still mindful of the other, love making him gentler though fiercer still, protective though declaring his ownership all throughout.

The Pet bled, the same way the System Eye glowed red for them, lighting the room...the ultimate offering, a connection marked by heat, blood, wings and sex...

Then the damnedest thing happened. As Iason was feeling his climax near, the cliff of bliss too close at hand for them both, a vision assaulted his senses, overwhelming it, warping the very things he beheld in front of him. It was a memory, of that day.

The Blondie remembered Jupiter once more, this time, managing to appear to him in his usual form to bond them together, virtual fingers curling above the Blondie's head as they were curling above Riki's sleeping body opposite.

He had explained everything and now there was no more to tell or do, except the one last task to carry out before fading. He returned Iason's Ring...and Riki's, the super being now transforming it into a befitting ornament for both, dark like the moons when they eclipsed.

Hold him, my chosen, and sleep: were the god's final orders as he forever fused them in the palms of his hands and twining fingers. After that, nothing except peace...

Sapphire eyes snapped open, the Master panting, sweat pouring similar to the other's condition. Riki had already spent himself, and Iason, with three deeper thrusts rode his own climax out, alleviating the pain inside of his Pet with his blessedly soothing release, warm and perfect.

"I'm sorry. Forgive me my love."

But as he bent down to offer apologetic kisses to him, he noticed something different in the way the Pet's eyes fell low and languid, seemingly in a trance, the body limp but not entirely from exhaustion, palms slack.

"Riki…?"

"Iason, the System," a whisper was all that escaped those quivering lips, and the Master could see what the other saw: ribbons of data and swirling codes around them, and they both knew exactly what these meant.

Notes:

Yuri: Fever hasn't broken yet, not even one bit. But had a nightmare and can't sleep so updating some to get exhausted again...or should I just be lying down? *smiles weakly* I honestly have forgotten how it is to get so sick.

Chapter 14

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

There was a pause, utter silence, Iason contemplating as he looked up at Riki, now a hovering angel with his wings spread, arms raised as he communicated before the Eye of the System, interfacing with it, expression rapt, lost in what was happening to his body as the all-powerful engineering of Tanagura's central nerve caressed it, mind connected to the very core of the world in an exchange Iason knew to be important and sacred almost.

A Comlink was beeping somewhere nearby but the Blondie was ignoring it, figuring that perhaps it were just the others, and deciding finally that they were annoying in their intrusions - as always. Riki was still wrapped in ecstasy, and it seemed sacrilege to let anyone see how aroused he was as the Pet was still being held by the digitized ribbons of instruction and algorithms, the reaching threads wrapping his beating form artfully.

In some way, although the Master was yet to understand, he felt as if his beloved were connected to his own body despite this separation. As Riki fell in sync with the System's loving hum, it felt as if he were the very one holding the Pet; indeed, he felt his entire form shiver whenever Riki sighed, brows furrowing, the sensation pricking his skin, causing his cock to pulsate as if the other was just there in his arms. As if even by this space he could thrust into him.

Powerful, this new connection.

The Blondie lounged naked on the furniture, an assuring dampness touching his skin, the smell of their union and the evidence of it still apparent under his fingertips, as a watchful eye stay trained, mind quick to perceive the minute instructions Riki was perhaps receiving now - Jupiter's Will no less - but then what would the old god have left for him? The Comlink still continued to blink.

Finally, at his wits' end with the persistence of the thing (and whomever were calling on the other end), Iason indulged his brutalism, mentally flipping the switch and shorting the gates for communication, never mind if Raoul and the rest of the Council greeted him with scowls or ridicule the next time. He was not in the mood to pay them much attention, not when he was still in the midst of comprehending further what was going on.

The Blondie appeared to grasp it all now, the schematics of what Jupiter has left for him, finding it brilliant. He sighed.

Riki looked like a graceful deity, wrapped and crowded by an excess of those ribbons, the very same which conveyed Iason's godhood to him. Intricate, all of it, but simple enough that its elegant specificity and efficiency overwrote everything Tanagura ever was, everything that him, as a Blondie, would ever be.

At the moment of his death, Jupiter had rewritten the System to compose of only three prevailing layers...the first, was Iason's domain. It involved defences, weapons, active gears, links, the external communicating nerves and all manner of connections existing within the world and Tanagura...things of which the Master can manipulate thoroughly and effectively at will, that much he already knew, even before being aware of how extensive his hold on it was.

The second layer was Riki's. It was where sensitive information and the trillions of repositories for records, confidential data and similar synthesized knowledge that moved the capital and its locations more subtly resided. The Blondie shared in its control, although by the new design, Iason is still unable to reach into it as extensively compared to how Jupiter had programmed Riki to. Thus he needed his beloved's assistance be there anything he ever wanted to retrieve from here, the Pet more like a medium of sorts, although that may cease to be especially after the other has learnt how he could make use of his own domain, which was still yet to be at the moment.

The third layer was the deepest level in the interwoven tapestry of the System...it is a special layer where creation can be possible, the Core of the System so to speak, and is inaccessible and so far removed that it took a special means to get to it.

To achieve entry to this said Core, the first and second layers needed to converge, to become one, involving of course - and naturally - the direct union of both the Master's and his Exclusive's bodies.

Of course it had to be sex, and in the simplest of terms, was more like a cruel imposition, the act an entire and exact opposite of what was originally the role of the Blondie. Perhaps it was to remind Iason how far he had fallen from grace before his godhood? To remind him that this once forbidden thing to someone of his stature will now be the one price he would need to pay that would forever culminate his role as heir.

But let it not be said that he did not appreciate it - sapphire eyes looked over the naked form of his beautiful mongrel - if it was with Riki, the price would never be an entirely bad idea at all now would it?

Neu-Jupiter slid off the furniture and stood on his feet, thinking that from here onward, life anew would begin for them. He unfurled his wings and gently ascended, bringing himself to the same height where his Pet was, where the all-too-important being that coloured his existence now hovered, an Endymion of flawless flesh and pulsing life, entirely his.

This was to be their height and no one would ever share with them on it. He needed to protect it, for Riki's sake.

"Come...Pet…"

At the sound of his voice, Riki turned, obsidian eyes blank but acknowledging as he reached his hands, extended his arms, offering his lips which Iason took blithely, pulling into that warm body and grinding against it, hungrily receiving the tongue the Blondie thrust into his eager mouth, alongside the intentions, to allow the thrusting of something else into the other mouth existing solely for his Master down his nether regions.

Iason laced their fingers together. Enfolded by ribbons of information, witnessed by the glowing Eye of the System which pulsed and continued, the connection to the Core was opened as the Master and the Pet once more shared in their love...


It took the most part of the day before Iason Mink surfaced, fully dressed and regal again, a sleeping Riki once more in his arms, wrapped only in the Blondie's own cape, dark hair tossed over the side of his shoulder rather artfully. As expected, the Council awaited them upon their descent, Raoul in particular, looking as if he had a ton of things to ask and discuss with their Neu-Jupiter.

"Iason -"

But the latter shook his head at that, sighing in exasperation, pausing but halfway through as the other Blondies gave them room. Whatever commentary they had, it will have to wait indefinitely. Iason's patience was running out, and he just wanted further peace for them both for now.

"I'm taking my Exclusive home," said the top Blondie, eyeing his brothers and booking no argument from any of them. "And if you want me to do my job, I expect of you to leave us be."

Notes:

Yuri: *woozy* Okay, lying down now.

Chapter 15

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

The Master Blondie was lounging when he walked in, followed by the containment units being hauled by mindless robots, which were then stood, each pod, human-sized, on the stone of the garden where Iason had chosen to meet him.

Katze did a bow of respect, apologizing immediately for arriving much ahead of schedule although he'd only been an hour or so in advance.

"That is fine," the Blondie waved off, standing to begin his inspection of the merchandise brought him by the former Furniture. "Are these the ones?"

"Yes. As requested," Katze replied.

Frosted glass. The Master reached his gloved hand and wiped off the thin ice encasing the surface of one pod, peering in but slightly to see the contents, at a fresh, young face, sleeping with the hands folded just beneath the neck.

Light brown hair, soft features, a lithe and almost female build but not totally feminine. They all looked like dolls in the light of the early morning; an outline of very supple flesh like a pet's but then the truth was far removed from that. These were Furniture. A trinity set. Brothers...triplets. The next and newest stewards of the Mink household.

The Blondie examined each container, eyeing the triplicate faces before him with ruthless inspection, examining for flaws and satisfied only when he had found none.

"Have they been made according to my instructions?"

Katze considered and ran over a mental check list before responding, "Yes. To the letter, Master Iason."

Perfect. If that would be the case then the Blondie was nothing short but satisfied. However, as he looked at his ever loyal friend, there seemed to be something bothering the scarred overseer.

"If you're meaning to ask me something then by all means, go on ahead," it was a direct query Katze immediately retorted to.

"Why did you have to design them in such a way Master?"

As expected, his former Furniture was worried of the matter as he should be, but that would have been unnecessary. Before the Blondie had requested the manufacturing, he had doubled, no, triple inspected the design, ensuring the final products would be clean, with any trait, behaviour or gene that posed as unruly or unpredictable removed or entirely eradicated. That also went without saying that they had been made eunuchs, though not through castration as was traditionally done with boys taken from Guardian in Ceres. They were born in that state...

But then the design was already perfect to begin with, being actually based on the old god's will, these new 'Furniture' to be created in such a way they could be elites in their own rights. Jupiter wanted to make sure his heir would not have any trouble at all so he likewise left it in his final schemes that instead of getting the new stewards from the norm resource, they would be made.

Only Iason added a bit more into the old god's plans for good measure, altering the structure of these special Furniture to become something else upon necessity. It wasn't for the purpose of extravagance. He did this for Riki's sake as easily as it was for his.

"But they are stable, are they not? Besides, the trigger for the response has also been programmed properly?"

Katze searched for the answers within himself again, deciding that the Master was actually right. He had been there throughout the process after all. When these three had been created, he was constantly on the monitoring end.

"They are," replied the redhead, yet he still reserved his doubts as he still had more orders to fulfil, strict requests of which he intends to see to until the very end. As he had done before.

Silence.

Katze eyed the small life monitors attached to each pod as Iason once more looked over the specimens, a graceful form in his azure suit walking to and fro, finding it amusing how the differentiating aspect to the triplets he requested had only been limited to hair length.

The long-haired one was named Katrice, as indicated on his label. The one with the shortest crop was Kantre. Then there was he, Katron, a beauty who perhaps shone more brightly than the other two did although they all shared the same countenance. He had that spark that seemed to glow despite his state of sleep. He was the most perfect one.

"Him," Iason pointed. Katze was lost at the statement for a moment. The Blondie repeated, "I want him to be Riki's personal Furniture."

"Katron?"

"Yes."

The redhead understood. It was a rather anticipated choice. Of the three manufactured Neu-Furniture as they had now dubbed them in the Markets' more secret labs, Katron was the most intelligent and by far exceeded the requirements by miles from his twins. He was meant to be the ring leader of the three, the Alpha of the Pack strictly speaking.

How Riki would find him however, is another question yet to be answered. Plus it's been figuratively ages since this House has had any serving Furnishings, not to mention the couple who now resided here had been asleep for a year that the idea seemed to have been lost along the timeline...

But servants are needed. To Neu-Jupiter and his stunning Exclusive, there was to be a requisite for slaves. As it should be.

"Then I shall wake them up immediately," Katze volunteered.

Iason merely smiled, looking at the sleeping faces of his newest acquisitions.


He stirred, slowly, hands blankly reaching for the space beside him but finding it empty, nothing but the faint scent his Master had left and the other little signs that the Blondie had been there.

Riki gently sat up, cradling his head, a sudden ache assaulting his senses and making his head spin, only to realize it wasn't just his head but his entire body that hurt. Although this was obviously welcomed by the Pet. It was a good sign that they were mated once more, the Blondie's body leaving such an impression on him that he had blushed recalling.

He blinked to clear his vision, looking around and noticing that this was not that place. He was no longer in Jupiter's Tower.

"When'd I get here?"

Soft sheets, an oversized bed, carpeting and intricate drapery...four corners with an unusual sense of grandiose and luxury: the den of a pampered prince.

"How'd I get here?" the Pet asked aloud, a question meant for himself.

"Master Iason carried you home, Master Riki," but someone supplied him the answer.

He almost jumped, if not for thinking the better of it and instead asking, "Who...Who are you?"

"I am Katron," the other replied. He let the Pet see his rather charming face as he moved towards the subtle light, the mannered expression and that delicate overall feature. He was younger than Riki was, but had a knowing fire behind his dark or chocolate eyes. "...and I am your Furniture."

The response caught Riki by surprise. "You mean you're the Palace's Furniture?"

"No Master. I meant…" Katron made a bow. "...I meant your personal Furniture."

The Pet scratched his head at that, shifting from where he was wrapped in the silk and comforters. Belatedly he realized he was still naked, the immediate recollection of Iason taking him many times over last night bringing the colour rising to his cheeks yet again that he damned it. The Furniture took note of this with a faint smile that Riki likewise noticed. He remedied the situation, "Pets can't have Furniture..."

"Not unless you're Neu-Jupiter's Pet," a familiar voice responded.

People have been making a habit of interjecting to his queries lately in this way, comments and information getting tossed to him from a darkened corner here and there. It was somewhat unnerving. 

Riki looked around to find the source of that voice, the owner of which easily slipping himself to view, the scar on his face a prominent mark that burned as easily into the Exclusive's memory as was the expression of a manner of kindness on his face. What was absent was the signature cigarette. He still had his same crop of red hair.

"Katze!"


Katron took the time to find a suitable fresh robe and draped it reverently over Riki's shoulders before bowing his head to Katze, "Excuse me Sir" and exiting quietly through the doors to attend to his other chores, mindful to return later for the Pet's other needs if there be.

The Exclusive still could not believe it, seeing the face of an old acquaintance...how long has it been? He couldn't even remember when it was that he last spoke to anyone he knew.

"What are you doing here?"

His fingers blankly grasped the edges of the silken wear left him but the thing annoyingly slipped. Damn, it appears his strength has not yet returned. His head was a little up in the clouds. The Blondie had did him over well last night indeed, refusing to let him go.

"Let me," Katze moved closer and had no qualms about helping, which made Riki flush a bit at the attention. Of course the man had been Furniture before so he was knowledgeable of what functions being one entailed.

"Thanks."

The Pet didn't move from where he was, still just sitting up in bed, his long black hair loose and free. It made the redhead think about the day he unconsciously unfurled those hidden wings, and with a smile chose to answer the question flung to him earlier, "I'm finishing up on some installations in the garden, and deliveries. Master Iason's orders.

"Are you surprised?"

He did however leave out the fact that the installation actually had to do with the house's defences, guessing that whatever it was that was now being added further into the interior of the Palace was nothing that should concern Riki. These were to be secret things after all.

"Yes. Kind of. I didn't expect to see you," the Exclusive admitted, scratching his head, feeling a little awkward. "Is Katron...from Guardian?"

Katze figured as much that Riki would ask sooner or later.

"No. He was manufactured."

The response shocked the Pet.

"Manufactured? But I thought Furniture were..." he let it trail off, recalling his same response when he had first thought a Pet and a Furniture were one and the same, before he had been made aware of how the trade was often done for the latter with Guardian.

This was confusing. Why had it been the case this time? Was this a new fad in Eos? To produce for its confines test tube made Furniture?

The redhead supplied. "Not in this case. Your Master wanted more for you than the runts picked up from the Slums."

At that, Riki frowned, instantly glaring. "But I'm also one of those so-called runts from the Slums, Katze." And so are you, he was supposed to add, but did not.

"Sorry," the ex-Furniture immediately apologized, thinking the remark to be a bit excessive in this case. Yet it was undeniable that the Riki now sulking in front of him was no longer the Riki Iason picked up from the debris of Ceres years before. Well, not entirely anyway. He was still who he was but merely enhanced as a result of Jupiter's favour. "Don't you feel different though? Don't you feel different now?"

The Pet looked at the other with confusion. He did not know what Katze was getting at, and undeniably was just as perplexed. He recalls part of being able to interact with that thing he now knew to be called as the System, but he totally seemed to have slept through the whole process. He couldn't remember what else happened. Neither the day after Dana Burn nor the days before he woke up. It was all a blur.

"I still don't get all this..." Riki confided to Katze, finding it easier always to talk with the man than he ever did with the Blondie, his Master. "Do you know...what happened?"

Katze did not.

"Master Iason could provide you a better explanation, but I do have a job I need to attend to with regard to that…"

More questions in those obsidian eyes. Riki looked at the redhead with his brows knit with speculations, "What's that?"

The redhead smiled and replied, pocketing a hand as he rummaged around for a light, "I'm actually here to tell you about your Exclusivity."


Left alone, the Pet wandered through the floors of their new palace home, recalling with much embarrassment how he'd reacted the first time. Now that he's taken a closer look at things, at their new haunt and its epic grandness, it seemed foolish of him to be startled like that somehow.

"Master Riki?"

He had not noticed they had caught up with him, and when he had turned, they were already standing there, the triplets of the House, Neu-Furniture according to Katze who had earlier given him a head's up about these three. They looked similar to each other yet different, the one assigned to him in particular, (Katron was it?) appearing to have an intellectual spark that distinguished him from the two…

"What is it?" the Pet replied.

"Would you like to eat first? Or would you rather be bathed? We already have everything ready," it was Katron who spoke on their behalf, as anticipated.

Four years ago, Riki could not even contend with the idea of being served or pampered, the so-called 'doting' Mimea said of his Master a thing he technically shunned as a lie, hating the fact when other pets thought otherwise and were so jealous. Now it didn't seem bad at all, especially since these three will help to keep him company from now on.

So according to Katze, he was what was called the Exclusive, or a Pet who will live out the rest of his life by his Master's side. But what made him indispensable still eluded him, as many things did lately. And the freedom, as far as the term was concerned, for Riki appeared like a sad prospect.

Freedom...

What did that really mean now? Was it the same as it meant for him then?

"Master?"

Riki knew he'd drifted, and with good reason. He was feeling a bit unhappy today, the tendrils of a slight sense of lonesomeness creeping into his soul. As if everything was wrong. As if the only aspect correct in all this was his Master...

"I think I'll bathe," the Pet sighed. He wondered what Iason was doing at the moment, and when he'd actually come home. Great. Now he was thinking like a Pet. This wasn't promising. "I want a good long soak, if that's okay," Riki frowned, suddenly weary from something he couldn't comprehend. He felt saddened. He felt very dejected to an extent...

Katron took mental note of that, seeing the bother evident in his charge's eyes. But instead of saying it, he just gave him a most pleasant smile, as if that alone was enough. In this case, it sort of was...he and his siblings still yet to know what this special being before them was like. He was programmed that way after all. To be cautious. To observe. To serve in the end.

"Yes of course, Master. Anything you wish," the Furniture bowed, before gesturing towards the direction of the bath, the other two immediately leading the way for them like acolytes once the Pet started walking towards it.

Notes:

Yuri: The role of the triplets? We'll get to that...

Chapter Text

Depressed just didn't seem to cut for an explanation as Riki sat drifting into his thoughts, unable to determine how he felt, how his heart seemed to be sinking every day into a darkness he couldn't fathom. The Furniture were worried, and so was Iason who could do no more but watch his Pet sulk and brood, as he himself had sulked and brooded the first time he woke up from Jupiter's induced sleep.

But then it was understandable. For now, the Blondie gave Riki his peace, kissing the latter goodbye every morning, bidding him a good day even as he realized there was a grand possibility that he might find him there on that same spot when he comes back later on. For now, his work awaited, and the long hours between them would be as trickling poison from which he might suffer, counting the minutes before he would be allowed to enfold his Pet again.

"Take care of him," he ordered Katron who only nodded...

Depressed.

Riki didn't even know the reasons why he was in this state, even after finding out from Katze the terms that accompanied his so-called 'Exclusivity' and reaping the rewards of it immediately thereafter.

He was to have fortune now: a Palace for a home and grandeur all around, a residence on the highest point of Tanagura; he was even shown the contents of the Exclusive's account and the staggering amount contained therein, not even in the Aurora currency other pets used, being the only one allowed of them.

He was to have fame and power: he was the Exclusive, and the only existing consort to Neu-Jupiter, envied by all, powerful enough that his will can cause the world to crumble at his heels if he wanted, loved and romanced, in the arms of the most powerful being there is on the planet.

He was to have...freedom: he was to be allowed to go anywhere, Katze had informed, a level choked with all types of Aircars and other vehicles for when his riles and whimsy got the best of him and he craved the outside, save that he needed to obey some rules and a few other regulations when he did have to, taking that Furniture Katron along with him.

But then where would he go? He has asked himself the same question during their conversation. To Ceres perhaps? But then why? Has he not proven that he no longer belonged there ever since becoming the rebellious pet of Iason Mink? And certainly, in his current form, he did not belong anywhere else but beside the Man.

Ah, that was it!

Riki found out that he had been repaired by Jupiter before the god died out, returning not only his lost youth, thanks to the years of the Blondie's cruel and devoted training, and the physique once rendered incomplete by his jealous-stricken and former life-partner Guy, but changing him completely to be like...one of them.

The Pet knew he was now more similar to his lover than he had ever been, and it made his heart sink into a mire of sorrows. What has happened to the part of him that was...human? The more he thought about it, the more he suffered within…

What had  you  turned me into? What!?

Worse, as he sat there, thinking, he could not seem to find any answer. Not even in the Will that was left to him by the dead god. Too bad Jupiter no longer existed for the questions that remained.


Iason's degree of thought might be points higher than anyone, now coupled with the nearly-complete dominion over the System, he was probably the most intelligent android there was before this change. Yet in affairs concerning the heart, he had no prior experience, had in fact loved only once and had no idea how to nurture the relationship he was now entrusted.

How was it supposed to go? How must he respond? And how does he show Riki how much this all meant to him without leashing him as he had done once?

He figured as much that love did not always supposedly involve rampant desires and tumbling into bed for that matter, although technically, it was the most difficult thing to avoid as Riki was now the most desirable of all beings for him on the face of Amoi.

But he must at least learn how to handle the other, not as a Pet, but as his mated pair for life. As the half he were wed to by Jupiter himself. Perhaps then he can help Riki get to terms with the new role that's been prepared for him.

Katze watched the Blondie ponder, before he broke the silence with a simple statement Iason perhaps did not expect to hear, "It's all your fault, I hope you are aware of it."

The Master turned to him with a scowl, a common resident of his features as of late, but grasping what his ex-Furniture meant and quietly turning away.

"How would that be?" he asked the redhead, rummaging blankly through the reports brought him, stopping when he found that thin sheet of a monitor he'd earlier connected to the Palace surveillance.

A terrible day to do work in the Markets: he just could not concentrate! And he knew fairly well how the lack of it could cause slight malfunctions in the System easy. Iason sighed.

He wanted to see Riki, but he stopped himself from turning the trailing bots to where his Pet was at the moment, deciding to pursue the conversation he had started with the other occupant of the room, turning back to Katze who was still meeting his eyes in a rather certain manner.

"You started all this. You took him from his home, from his life, and now…"

"Now what Katze?" the Blondie challenged playing on airs, lacing his fingers together and resting them on the table before him, the perfect picture of a Master and Tyrant.

"Now he's become...like what you are. And it hurts him that he can never go back.

"He is not even sure what he is any more."


The Palace was relatively quiet, and the triplets were busy with their little chores, maintaining the vast expanse of the House with this well-practiced efficiency that was beginning to show the more they got into their tasks. Riki stood looking at Katron for the longest time now, from where he was leaning stock-still, like a statue, on one of the higher balconies, before deciding to retrieve something from the room just behind him.

The Pet rang for his personal Furniture, the boy surprised that his Master had called for him but relieved nonetheless because the other had wanted something from him.

"Yes Master?"

But Riki was still a silent figure, surprisingly flawless when he sat as this, a picturesque mannequin on a huge velvet-backed seat near an equally large open window. The Furniture figured the Pet had been looking out at the Ocean, or had he been allowing his thoughts to drift again like the flowing waves? He had been cooped up in this room for a while now.

"Master?"

"On the table," Riki spoke, casting his eyes down, looking at the fingers he had rested on his lap.

He turned his palms up, seemingly searching them for something that could lift his wounded spirits, the expression on his face becoming even more morose as he stared at them.

Katron frowned, but doing as he was directed, turning to look at the only table in the room, the other furnishings being a drawer, the bed and some simple decorative implements. The chandelier lights were off, giving the room a certain hiding darkness. This wasn't even the Pet's official bedroom. He just strayed here somehow.

Something gleamed on the ornate table, the Furniture immediately realizing what it was.

"Master..."

"Can you…" this was perhaps the only other time since their first meeting that the Pet had again turned to look at him. Such dazzling obsidian eyes, now tainted with an unnamed sadness, an evident confusion.

"Can you cut my hair?" Riki asked, more a request than an actual question.


He had been held back a few hours over some matters the Council wanted to discuss, and was certainly thinking now that he would prefer taking his Pet to work with him, a change in the atmosphere perhaps better for the other, as it would certainly be better for him, unable to keep himself from thinking of the other…

"Where's Riki?" the Blondie immediately asked when the Furniture came to greet him, taking his cape and coat, Katrice taking care of the car their Master had left on the private Aeroport, pressing the buttons on a handheld terminal so that the vehicle lowered with him to the level storage beneath.

"He's in the inner gardens, Master Iason," Katron had answered, further informing that, today, the Pet had not left the house, had not even gone downstairs when he had urged him to the salon that by now had filled with other patrons from the lower levels of Eos Tower Two.

Back in the days it had been Riki's favourite place to vent, often scuffling with the other pets or the guards, his ruffian behaviour a common annoyance and a breath of fresh air to all that boredom whether they admit to it or not. Although of course no one would dare quarrel with him now that he was the Exclusive.

This behaviour was similar to those days when he'd returned: a Pet over twenty then who refused to be the butt of conversation and just stayed where he was left. But no longer. Jupiter had returned him to a former age...but a day older than when he first debuted as his Master's Pet, or even younger...he could not gauge so easily.

"I'll go see to him," said the Blondie, instantly leaving to stray where the Furniture had pointed him to.

And he did find Riki there, though he was surprised to see him sporting a rather different look. Short hair. He hasn't seen this in a while. It made his Pet appear like how he had appeared to him four years before, a foolish challenger to Iason's picky interests to pay a debt the Blondie had not really collected. It likewise made the Master recall the conversation he has had with Katze earlier. Seemed like the redhead was correct.

The Pet had his eyes closed, hands resting against the railing of the hanging balcony, head thrown up as if seeking the consolation of the heavens and its myriad of stars. The wind was blowing in from an open section of the glass dome, cold, the Ocean not that far away from where their Palace stood. Ceres on the other scale of the spectrum but he had not wanted to discover it.

His lost humanity was something Riki not only missed but lamented. Perhaps he has been finding this change in them a little too much, thrust suddenly from being what he was to being this…whatever it was that he is now.

"That longer length suited you rather well," Iason moved in to embrace his Exclusive from behind, hands ghosting around the Pet's waist and pulling him closer, smelling the flowers on his hair. "...but this still looks lovely."

Riki did not move. He allowed himself to be trapped in those strong arms, for the Blondie to nuzzle his neck and kiss, lips moving to further caress the skin he'd found there, making the Pet shiver.

"You look rather pale Pet," Iason noticed, gently urging him around.

Riki this time moved further into his Master's embrace, arms reaching to wrap around the Blondie unexpectedly. He took in the Man's familiar scent, "I'm just…overwhelmed," he answered.

You must learn to be human, Iason remembered Katze saying. Only then would you understand...

How would he know that? The only comfort he could give the other was this...

"You shouldn't be," said the Master. "I love you. Smile for me?"

He did not. Riki stared at him for a while instead, an undeniable sadness surfacing through his eyes, the expression on his face a perfect mirror of something close to regret.

"Fuck me," the Pet instead responded, which surprised the Master very much.

"Asking this of me so suddenly?" a gloved hand reached to touch that cheek, easing what remained of the unruly tresses as they fell down his eyes.

The Pet leaned in, moving to offer himself to the Blondie, as bold as the first time he had offered his body to the elite, and right on their initial meeting. Possibly the one that started it all.

"I've been lonely today," his body was so enticing, coupled with equally inviting obsidian eyes, a heat rising to clearly punctuate the mood. "I need you…"

Iason suddenly just wanted to take him on that offer, wanting to strip this Endymion before him until all that remained was the Dark Pet Ring. To be able to enjoy every part of Riki's anatomy until he was completely satisfied.

"Let me be your cure then," he said, before crushing their lips together in a kiss starved by the day's affairs.

Chapter Text

He watched over the sleeping form of his Pet as the other lay there beside him, thoroughly exhausted and asleep, having emptied himself many times over earlier...

Iason was surprised at how Riki had behaved in bed tonight, as if possessed by a sex craving so strong his own desires and hunger mirrored his lover's, begging the Blondie in such a lovely way to do him harder, deeper, letting the Master fuck him as possessively as he wanted, even allowing himself to be tied down in a little play of bondage, the Pet ring left to sing between his groins to further his starvation.

In the end, this brought out a hidden demon within his Master, Iason delivering on his word that he would cure the other's lonesomeness with his mind-numbing presence and caresses, giving Riki a run for his money. Yet somehow, it also felt the other way around, the Pet ostensibly testing his new-found endurance for these things with none other than the fiercest and most devoted lover Tanagura has to offer.

"More!" he had cried out, even as the Blondie had already battered inside him unceasingly, turning all his thoughts into a persistent red of passion, wanting to be filled, as if the reasons for his being could only be restored when he had tumbled from the very peaks of pleasure that way. And tumble he did...from such a deadening height...held tightly by this beauteous god, the Man's hand squeezing at him until the very last drop. Then doing it all over again.

Iason did not recall how many times they had done it, but he could remember the way Riki moved and trembled every time, the way that flesh quivered in his grip, the way the Pet had screamed his name out loud: "Iason! Iason! Ia...son!" as he climaxed, and even before that as he had impaled himself over and over onto the Blondie's own machine, the length piercing him effortlessly as the other received the opened orifice with his own thrust upward.

Only after countless unions had they parted, though after the Blondie had pulled out, Riki had stayed melded in his embrace, dozing off immediately into sleep, drenched with sweat, cum and covering marks once again left on his skin by the insatiable Master who was joined tonight by his rather equally insatiable Pet…

As the moons gave way to the blinding light of day, Iason stayed looking at the face of his beloved slumbering in his arms, indulged to an excess, glad that at least the other was granted this peace.

"Good night," whispered the Master tenderly, kissing his Pet's hair lovingly then waiting as Riki stirred to once again settle into the folds of dreams…


Two months had already passed since Riki had awakened, Iason quick to return to the life he left off as a Tanagura Blondie although his was now an even heavier burden to bear. His Pet had been having troubles however, though the Master was relieved that he was back to being a little more of his own self the last few days, nonetheless, with some changes of note.

Riki had taken to some unusual interests lately, including studying it appeared, often in conversations with Katron about how things functioned in the Palace, peeking into the security framework every now and then, or asking how he may alter this or that in the controlled environment of their home. Sometimes, he would pause, only to awake from the brief intermission to tell the Furniture a node in the house was broken somewhere.

Katron had been patient and indulgent, surprised even that Riki could spot the subtle quandaries in the Palace before they became malignant. Although the Pet found a faster way by interfacing directly and using his will, often unconsciously, to fix the troubles in an instant. There were times when he lapsed off while having sex, taking Iason with him, the two seemingly leaving their gyrating bodies to trance through some part of the System.

His Pet did not fear this whenever it had happened with Iason, on the contrary, it was almost close to an acceptance of the change, though apparently there were always those moments when Riki hurt because of it, as a human would hurt, becoming the lonely soul he'd already been and getting affected once more.

One such instance was during that day, the day when the amended Pet Laws were to be announced to the general public, Iason waking up to a missing Riki who would have otherwise stayed just right there beside him. Roaming about, he spotted the Pet on one of his favourite seats, on one of the chairs surrounding a marble table, on the plateau overhanging the grand waterfall feature of the Palace's inner gardens. The Ocean was visible beyond the clean glass of the dome. His beloved seemed to have fallen asleep.

"Riki, are you awake?" he asked.

There was no response. Leaning in, he could see quiet tears streaming down his Pet's face, immediately making the Blondie worry.

"Riki..."

To his surprise, the Pet jumped into his arms, hands reaching to clasp the fabric of the thin robe he had put on in a hurry, trembling, instantly burying his face against his Master's shoulder.

"Tell me you love me…tell me you won't leave me…" Riki's pained voice broke through.

"Why are you so worried?"

The Blondie peered at him with his blue eyes, a reflection of skies and the light depth of the waters beyond them outside.

"I feel like I'm dying inside Iason. I'm dying!"

And Iason could only passionately kiss his Pet, a way to once more ease the utter fear and sadness Riki felt inside...

He reached his gloved hand to his lips at the recollection. He could still feel his beloved pressed there, the memories of these short moments an imprint to his very core, but concerned, yes, that he might be losing Riki to a different malady this time.


The day started in nearly the same way, but as Iason came through the doors of his penthouse office, he was greeted by a stack of envelopes, and Raoul standing with a hand balanced on his hip, already in his robes for the Council Meeting later, just waiting for his best friend.

"What's all this?" Neu-Jupiter eyed the luxurious letters, some made from exquisite papers of amazing shades. A few rare ones in velvety texture. He seemed to have had an idea even before the other Blondie replied, "Invitations, to pet Soirees and some."

Although now the most influential and most powerful of all elites, Iason Mink had been rarely visible in public, difficult to come by even in the Markets, choosing to be aloof, deciding to be discreet on all possible opportunities. Likewise his Pet, Riki, despite becoming a stunning presence himself and now the butt of every other master's curiosity and still the subject of every other pet's scorn, was also scarcely, if never, seen outside at all.

Neu-Jupiter sighed in exasperation. "I do not want to carry Riki into these trivial gatherings," he declared. "An Exclusive's body will not be spoilt for such a purpose."

Of all his brethren, Raoul should understand. The other Blondie also shunned the spotlight of these affairs had he not, preferring his laboratories and calculations over them? Although there were other reasons for Iason altogether.

Even if the invitations become as a flood that would clutter his table, begging for their attendance to these common and customary parties, Iason will continue to refuse them all. Riki has not fully recovered as he had wanted him to. The Blondie would sooner bring him to Ceres if he asked it, rather than carry him to these contrivances that he so hated ever since, if only that meant he wakes up from the current sorrows he was weighing himself down with.

This none in the Council knew about else Iason would not have heard the end of it. Luckily enough the System was not showing any outward signs. Or was it that he as Neu-Jupiter had reigned over more of their layered domains to quiet what the Pet's control would have openly displayed as broken?

"Of course," Raoul meanwhile was rather quick to agree, which made the top Blondie suspicious. The other had waited until he had seated. "I will have Orphe or Aisha deal with these so that you need not bother yourself with them.

"However…"

Ah, here is the clincher - as always. Iason knew his best friend well enough to be aware that he'd argue on every chance on any possible topic most especially if it was about what their roles as Blondies were. "However, you need to realize that your attendance every once in a while can help boost the trade as well as the ardor of the unforgiving masses."

The statement made Iason smile. "You're not going to give this issue a rest are you?" he asked the other.

"Because it's a truth you're neglecting. And what would you have to be apprehensive about?"

Iason recalled a similar argument years ago, when the latter had resorted to threatening to alter his thinking if he did not cease with the obsession over his mongrel Pet. Somehow, the current discussions they've been having were a bit tolerable now than how they had been. Though Raoul was still heavily persistent, and may not stop until he gave him a final negation which the latter wouldn't certainly accept in this case.

He could say 'yes' to it, very easily, but then he also wanted to consider how Riki would feel at this point. The Pet was not amiable to these events. Raoul appeared to have read that in his friend's expression.

"It's not similar to what it had been before, Iason," Raoul continued. He emphasized, "Riki is no longer forced to do anything - you can just keep him beside you. The Exclusive, after all, is exclusive."

Those words made for Iason a vivid picture of how life was to be for them both: forever spent one close to the other, which wasn't entirely terrible. The superior Blondie looked at his friend again, wondering that if there be anyone who would be able to persuade him to commit to anything, it was Raoul.

Neu-Jupiter took things into some manner of consideration, eyeing the pile in front of him. He bet there would be several others and even more than that to come in the near future. After all, if there had been masters before who had been interested in his and Riki's affairs when the latter was but a mere mongrel Pet, certainly they are quite interested in them now as Neu-Jupiter and his Exclusive.

Iason sighed once more, resting on his chair, a hand drumming on the table. He was thinking about what Riki could be doing at this very moment. Was he still moping...or had he sought the company of his nurse? As he could imagine his Pet walking with him into these Soirees, more or less free and unchained, the Exclusivity his greatest ornament.

"All right," Iason gave his approval after some quiet minutes. "But only one event this month. Have Orphe make the selection." He waved a dismissive hand, seeing Raoul smile triumphantly before making a small bowing gesture, "Of course. Only the best…

"...for Neu-jupiter."


It was again late into the hour when the other Master of the house had arrived, immediately tended to by the Furniture. They were already making a quaint routine out of all this, and Katze would be proud to hear it, but Iason took it as a sign that things were yet incorrect. For Riki not to have qualms about it, for living in seclusion, and for not seeking the thrills he had enjoyed in the past...the behaviour was simply disturbing, prompting Iason to ask if the mongrel in his Pet had finally been diminished completely?

The Blondie narrowed his eyes. Though he had aimed to further polish this breathtaking being to be the diamond he was now, it felt all wrong. Somehow, in every day he had hoped for Riki to just be Riki. He wanted him to fight, to struggle, to curse him if it must be. Because Iason knew in that the other would be happier. And nothing was more important than his happiness.

"Home with me but your mind wanders. Have I lost you?" he asked, finding Riki perched on the railing of one of the many balconies in the larger Palace.

He had been looking down upon the city of Tanagura this time, its glinting lights casting a near-eerie glow on his features, hair tousled by the occasional whisper of the wind.

"Not exactly," Riki smiled for the first time this week, which was utterly beautiful that it took the Master's breath away. "I just...I had a dream while you were out."

"Oh?"

The Blondie moved to kiss him and he let it, allowing his Master to settle standing between his parted legs, hands ghosting over his back and lower, heat penetrating from skin to skin even with a boundary of gloves and clothing in between. Riki had been encasing himself in darkness again, not only in the manner of the shirts and jeans that he wore, but in mind and perhaps heart.

Iason understood this now for some reason, perhaps even more than he used to. It seemed the Pet was not the only one who's changed. They both did.

"Care to tell me about it?" the Blondie's fingers slithered, curling over his Pet's covered organ and squeezing, immediately rendering Riki helpless and needing. Goodness…when will this stop feeling so cursedly good?

The Pet swallowed, breathing heavily, holding on as his lover pressed closer, turning into the only anchor that kept him from falling over. Their kind of love had always been a dangerous one. But it was also the same that could save them.

"A year of peace married to you and far from here…we were so happy," Riki told him. "...but then I woke up, and realized I'd been thrown back here."

He arched, the hand caressing him outside making it in, gently easing his shuddering length free of its confines, the sudden cool of the night causing an unusual sensation. It would be another night of mindless ecstasy. Riki had long ago accepted it to be his saving grace.

"Is that so horrible?" he met his Pet's gaze, now glazed with lust and wanton hunger. Iason began to slowly stroke, to pump Riki's cock in preparation for some later delights. "We have each other. As we will always do…"

He stopped short of the head and teased the slit, pressing for the tiny evidences of his Exclusive's desires, the stickiness a damp his fingers beneath the gloves could feel. Riki cried out. The Blondie's other hand had likewise broken through the band of his jeans and was now feeling for his opening, surgically finding it and worming his finger in slowly, nearly making his Pet jump.

"Would it be so bad to belong to me now?" and Iason gave him his first marking bite of the day, licking the reddening skin when he'd left it.

Blankly, Riki had thought of the matter. "I…" he panted, opening his eyes. He was now looking up at the endless stars, having thrown his head back at these addictive motions, opening his body to all feeling for the first time today.

"I guess not…" he whispered, before letting his senses be drowned by his Master's storm.

Chapter 18

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

It was a lazy day at home, a plain-robed Iason had been observing his Riki for the longest time now, as the other drifted into his thoughts again, the Master knowing that this was no good, and that he'd have to commit to some drastic effort to get Riki to come back to him.

Yet he doubted.

What could he do to ease this straining burden from the other when he himself found it difficult with his own? More importantly, was all this his fault after all?


A glorious morning. Half-asleep, the Pet could feel the sun pore through somewhere even before he opened his eyes, feeling the warmth kiss his cheeks. Reluctantly, he awakened, his consciousness stubbornly detaching itself from slumber, to slowly sit up, cradling his head.

"Iason?"

Something fluttered somewhere, he could hear the sound, and felt the feathers falling even before he realized what they were. It stunned the Pet, but his Master had perched on the sill of an opened portion of their home, his midnight blue wings out and displayed under the light of day. The Blondie appeared to have slept as he sat there, though feeling he was no longer alone in wakefulness, turned with a manner of grace to Riki.

"Good morning," he smiled, but there was something off about it.

The Pet sat there dumbfounded for some time, before he shook himself off and moved to put on some covering, at least over the necessities. Iason had nothing but a pair of constricting pants on, something he had just today seen the Blondie don.

"Why are you…" the Pet didn't seem to know what he wanted to ask from his lover. Why was he awake so early? Why were his wings unfolded?

Without moving further, Iason extended his hand, "Come Riki...it's not good for you to be cooped up here…"

His Exclusive was still debating whether he was dressed properly for the impromptu invitation, when the Master simply and literally swept him off his feet, immediately taking to flight out from their quarters and then through the large open bays of their private aeroport, the sealed doors sliding to allow their exit.

"Wait! Where are we going?!"

The Blondie was not one to tell. But he tucked his Pet near, wings strong and certain as they flew to somewhere he did not know. Riki was blinded by sunshine for a moment before he felt the cool surface of glass beneath his feet. They had finally arrived, and they were on the topmost point of Jupiter's Tower, literally and figuratively, the highest point of the world.

From the height, all things seemed insignificantly smaller, but significantly bigger, the entire capital and the Ocean beyond it, the tenements and structures made by Normals, Midas and all its areas including Lhassa where they had first met and where he had offered his body as payment to the very Man who stood right next to him now. Even the deteriorated buildings of the Slums were visible, but as they had been made for him, seemingly out of reach still.

Ceres. A year seemed long enough since he was there, yet he had not stayed there at all while he was to begin with. He left his heart in Eos where Iason was, as with his body, the Blondie intended on keeping both.

"Our kingdom my prince," the Master stretched his hand and gestured, as if he could somehow contain the entire city in his hand. Ironically enough, he actually could.

"Why did you take me here?" the Pet asked, not quite understanding what reasons the Blondie had for showing him all this.

"Everything you now see...is yours to take. I have the power to give to you whatever it is that you ask."

Riki's brow creased. In some way, he was overwhelmed, but then he had his doubts whether or not this was what he wanted. But then what did he want? What did he not? He could not even properly define his reasons!

"Iason…"

"Does this not please you?" the Blondie asked impatiently. When the Pet looked up, he could see that eerie coldness in those sapphire eyes. The sort that pulled the fears from within him before. "Does this not please you!" again, the Blondie repeated, and Riki did tremble this time, turning away, scorned by the sudden rage in that voice.

Next thing he knew Iason had suddenly grabbed his arm and flung him off, impeccable strength displayed by the Android of a male, letting the Pet plummet and fall to earth in such tasteless fashion.

Riki had a split second to overcome his shock and spread his own wings, the dark feathers bursting and scattering, but he found himself unable to control them. He continued to plunge.

"Iason!"

The Blondie of course dived and in mere seconds, scaled the distance, pulling Riki into his embrace as his blue wings spread to cushion their fall. They hovered, before the Pet felt them lifting again, the strong beat of wings carrying them higher together. Only then was he able to open the eyes he had snapped shut.

"Bastard! Why did you do that!?" he pounded his lover's chest. Not shockingly, Iason neither budged nor acknowledged it, instead, hid his emotions behind a practiced stern of an expression, something which Riki shuddered at. He had not seen the Blondie this way in a while. It was calling forth some not-too-fond memories.

"Just as I've suspected...you have lost it," was all that the Master uttered, before directing himself back towards the Palace with his confused Pet in his arms.


The feeling was most unusual, or was it that he had not been subjected to this for a while that it felt strange? The pleasure of it. Albeit this time it was even more brutal than his recollection had served him.

The Pet Ring was set to pleasure, Riki left bare, arms and legs opened as his wrists and ankles were chained to the posts somewhere on the floating platforms comprising the inner gardens of their splendid home. He was being 'fed upon' by the triplets, Katron, parting the globes of his buttocks as the Furniture's tongue reached and drove into the entrance, fingers earlier parting Riki's sweet hole to be attacked with much enthusiasm. Katrice and Kantre busied themselves up front, two tongues swirling and tasting, mouths sucking and pleasuring, hot insistent fingers prying him further open as they coaxed him nearer to orgasm more and more…

Riki, lost in pleasure, climaxed a third time this hour alone, spurting his bodily juices unhindered onto the marble, but the kneeling acolytes were not yet done with their worship, once more renewing the tortuous cycle at the other god's orders. Orders taken rather blankly. They had stared at Riki with hungry eyes, without acknowledgement, as if a trigger had been snapped and they all but became something else close to Sexaroids and far removed from the doting, mild-mannered servants.

"Why...hng..." Riki barely managed to cast his protests above the three ravenous Furniture rousing him below, working as complements to the vile Pet Ring to bring him once more to the same state of helplessness. "Why are you...ha-ha-haaa-feeding me to-uhn..hng...them?-aahh...!" and he arched, Katrice taking him deep into his throat in one engulfing sweep.

Iason merely smiled, "They are serving Furniture are they not? And you are the Pet of the House. Unless you want me to get another pet to serve that purpose, I suggest you enjoy this."

The statement cut deep in him. "Da-Damn you-ahhn!" but the Pet could do no more but pant and writhe, senses pushed to overloading as they continued.

Iason watched intently, sitting still with the unreadable face he wore years back when he oversaw his mongrel's education. Riki could not understand what had happened, and why the Blondie seemed to be reverting to the old being that he used to be, the cruel manhandler who took pleasure in his suffering, who aimed to break him bit by bit.

Already he was recalling some deeper pain. He remembered Daryl who used to be utilized for this insinuation. He remembered other horrid things. The Master moved.

He let the pleasuring continue, the two Furniture parting to give him some room below but not stopping, even as the Blondie had reached a hand to lift Riki's face up so that he may better look at all the lovely expressions he had begun to be inflected with.

"How does it feel? To be prepared for me in such a lewd manner? Had we not had this game before?"

Riki bit his lip. "E-Enough! Please!" he begged, crying out marvelously, somehow knowing it was amongst the things that pleased Iason. As expected, he would do anything to avoid this further embarrassment, a bruise to his mongrel's pride if there still was one left. Good. It was becoming more and more like how it was years ago.

"Are you angry?"

Iason snapped his fingers and the Furniture immediately ceased, heads bowed and moving away, standing up when they had been a distance off and instantly disappearing, leaving their Masters to their own.

Only then was Riki able to catch his breath, in large heaves, having drowned. But it wasn't long before the torment started again, this time, by the hands of the Man who had said he loved him instead.

"Ahh, no!" Riki screamed when it was the larger penis of his Master that he felt penetrating, somehow not appreciating the situation, more offended than anything that Iason was taking his pleasure by force when he could just have asked without the need for coercion.

"Iason what are you doing to me!?" the Pet moaned aloud, pained, not able to get his body to give in to the sensation as the Blondie proceeded to fuck him roughly, the Pet Ring changing its functions to hurt him now, this time acting as a stopper to his impending release, tightening around.

No. Not this!

It made Riki remember the days by which he was born to this fate, those endless nights in brutal seclusion, battered as he was now being battered, moved to the heights of pleasure and then thrown over repeatedly, feeling the utter disgust...these were days that he did not want to relive.

"Please...haaa-stop this…I beg you…"

The first of many tears slipped through the Pet's tightly shut eyes, the rain of long-kept memories bringing with it a suppressed trauma at every thrust, every piston of the Blondie's hips. Especially when Iason called out to the lone, dazed Furniture left nearby, "The aphrodisiacs Katron."

The horror. So there were some being kept in the house. Riki stared, stunned, before the Master snatched at his hair and pulled at it tightly for him to see clearly the vials and bottles being laid before them on a table. Iason had stole a hand to fist around his plump erection, squeezing the head, where only the tiniest of cum escaped.

"Why...why?" the Pet asked. He wanted to know what brought this torment about. "Why have you suddenly changed? Why are you being such - an asshole!?"

Riki gritted his teeth, feeling his limbs weaken. He trembled and shuddered, seeing Katron chose a particular concoction he knew very well to be a strong dose Iason personally made for tormenting other pets during the Soirees. It was never used on him. Well, not until today perhaps.

He felt something ease down his spine. But the sensation just pooled and hurt between his legs. Not to mention at each hammer, Iason was hitting that spot inside him that further added to the predicament. He screamed again, air being drawn out of his lungs, wanting to get free but couldn't. It was becoming sore where he had been tied tightly, he might actually be bleeding there now.

"Do you hate me?" the Blondie's voice was an arctic kiss, cold and belying the heat by which he embraced the other as he whispered those words. "Tell me. 

"Tell me!"

Why was he so persistent? Why did the Blondie ask to be loathed? Riki did not understand it one bit. And behind it all his heart was slowly shattering, torn with things he was being forced to remember and the things he had awakened to. There was a clear margin between the two, a space that was so great he couldn't see an end to it.

I love you…

Was that really what the Blondie had said? Then why could he feel Iason's fire ripping him to shreds now? He did not answer. He didn't like what all this was making him...feel.

"Let's test your mettle with this one," and Iason reached for the metallic container he was offered, purposely fisting harder, causing the Pet to yelp and flinch, now aching in various places.

This was ridiculous! Riki felt a different manner of heat rise up his entire being, thinking how Iason was becoming unfair, treating him terribly again when all had been better. It made him angry to the core, a long-forgotten animosity towards the structure of society in general reaching to the surface. He refused to be treated this way!

"Stop it!" Riki reacted. He struggled and fisted his hands, glaring up at the Blondie with such hate in his obsidian eyes, it was acid. "I said STOP!"

The System fluctuated, the entire of Tanagura erupting with the beat of his emotion, the sudden surge temporarily shorting out some places that darkness ensued for a few minutes before the lights came back on by the hum of the reserve grids. All the elites panicked, as their eyes trained upon Eos Tower Two, nervously wondering what was happening there now.

Raoul cussed noticing this suddenly, from Keeler frowning, "What the-"

Only then did Iason cease, feeling the anger coursing through the body he was buried in, letting Riki go and pulling out, dismissing Katron who left without words, still trapped to the function they may not recall after today, to be conveniently buried into their programming.

All while the Pet was gritting his teeth. "You bastard!" as he cursed him, damned him to oblivion, actually hated him for starting all this that he now felt imprisoned, imprisoned to a change he had hated. "You damned monster!"

Iason waited for him until he stopped pulling at his restraints, letting him spit out every possible insult he could muster, those obsidian eyes looking like those of a soul ready to kill the Blondie as he moved to stand before his constrained Exclusive.

Riki asked for an explanation, wanting to smash the other's brutally beautiful face to pieces, remembering the bitter qualities in the other that he found entirely unacceptable, inhumane. But Iason only said, "There you are…my mongrel…"

my mongrel

Riki stopped, time seemingly pausing enough that he could see the beads of sweat slowly drip from his face, connecting with the marble where he had earlier spent himself many times over. And just like that, the truth dawned on him suddenly like water pouring over, quenching the heat in his being.

Why has he not realized this?! For a moment he stared...

What was it that Iason could not do back in the days, but shatter his indestructible will? The same will he'd lost ever since finding out that he'd been...changed by Jupiter? Was this all but a ploy? Was this play on their past together merely part of a plan?

Iason…

The other looked down upon him with those same cold eyes, lifting his hand to turn the pain up with the Master's Ring. Riki screamed, but this time, he would not be fazed.

"Cut the crap Blondie!" he threw back. "Would you really go this far to get me back!?"

The response stunned Iason and broke his well-played visage. The Pet saw through his disguise and finally understood how secretly Iason had been getting hurt too. Because he allowed himself to drown in his own miseries, Riki knew now that he had dragged his beloved down with him.

"I'd rather be a tyrant who provoked you needlessly," said the Man, aborting the rest of his intentions as he turned off the Ring, reaching to soothe his Pet's organ.

He took Riki in his hand and proceeded to stroke, pumping in a manner the other remembered better as the Blondie's more loving, more affectionate touch, making him buckle into the grip easier and lose his cool, though not entirely as the fire of his anger still persisted, merely mellowing beneath the surface. He still wanted to know.

"What do you want of me?" Riki demanded even as he thrashed into gratification, swallowing before his lips parted in the most rapturous of sighs. "We are...the same now, doesn't that please you? You have me, uhnng, forever - doesn't that please you?" He tossed his head back.

To his surprise Iason replied, "It doesn't…" tightening his grip as a few more strokes from him made the Pet cum finally, falling into his arms when he had released the chains, releasing Riki at the same time to finish off the rest of his climax with his body buried and holding on to the Blondie. He could feel Riki pulse, deliciously shuddering in his clutches.

"It doesn't," Iason whispered in a repeat, body sweating as Riki was and trembling as he was. "Because I don't want of you to lose your humanity."

Riki could not believe what he was hearing, but this was a confirmation to what he already knew to be true perhaps. He has indeed allowed himself to waste away the last few months since waking up in this new form and circumstance. What was he doing to himself? And more importantly, what was he doing to Iason? He had filled his beloved with fear on his behalf. Iason simply loved him too much to allow it to go on.

"..."

Riki lost his words.

The Blondie admitted defeat, "Perhaps it was wiser if I had not accepted Jupiter's proposition. It was selfish. I know now that I'd rather have lost you as you were than have you like this and watch you suffer silently every day."

It was a mirror of his own suffering, believing himself to be the culprit of Riki's pain. "Perhaps you'd been happier," said the Blondie. He did not like how it made him feel so terribly guilty...

With that, Iason let him go, certain that Riki would find his footing easily. He had survived worse than this from him in the past therefore it would be again easy to just turn his back without another glance and leave.

Rich golden hair fell pale as the dome's outer shell opened into the late afternoon. How long had they been at this they were both unsure, but one thing was clear, Iason did not want to go anywhere with his intentions any more than he already has.

"We're done here. Go to your room and I'll have Katron attend to you," again, that cold voice, but a tinge of sadness beneath the face of his words.

He did not know what to do next. He, the Blondie who could foresee and plan Tanagura's future so easily, organize the markets, play with trade, ironically, could not make a plan to work with his own...feelings. Since when had his attachment become so complicated? Was this what being heartbroken felt?

Truly, as Katze had suspected, he was a novice at this, and he had only known many things after acknowledging that he indeed loved Riki, beyond the pet stature, beyond life itself...Yet now perhaps, it was time to finally let it be.

"Leave," he ordered.

Yet even before the master could go any further, even before he would have thought to give up, Riki ran to him, surprising Iason when the Pet all but embraced him from behind, holding on tight, "Don't go" as he clung to him for dear life.

"I love you. Do you not love me?" Riki begged, trembling, not wanting the response to be a no. He would die!

Iason's hands fisted, wanting to reach for his beloved, to enfold him, to hear his voice and his heart beating. Yes. He still had his beating heart and shockingly enough, Jupiter had likewise given the Blondie one.

The Master gave in.

To a now crying Riki who feared to lose his love, he gave in, turning to face the Pet, lifting a hand to caress that beautiful face, trace the outline of his lips with his fingertips, to slowly ease away those straying tears. He felt the guilt again for his earlier actions, that overpowering sense of affliction just looking at how far he'd actually pushed it this time. Though it was a necessary evil.

Bottomline was that he wanted Riki to go on. There was no other way he could find save to remind the other of what he had started with.

"Quite much," came his reply, true and simple. "Too much that I can never imagine losing you again. Not to your own sadness."

But beyond that Iason feared to admit that if he lost Riki this time - to anything, even his own self - he himself would crumble. Who knew what would become of Neu-Jupiter, for there would be no pet or other fitting enough to take this beloved mongrel's place. Riki was the only one...

The Exclusive understood that now somehow, as this once cruel Man looked at him with eyes no longer the dead blue that pretty much made up what he was, what they were, as synthetic creatures that lacked the emotion he now so easily displayed.

Gods, he loved this Blondie, and similarly, Riki would throw himself into the fire to be by his side. Had he not already done this?

Yet he had apparently neglected him by the reckless and deteriorating habits by which he had filled his days. He lamented for the loss of himself, of what he had been before Dana, before his transformation. But what he has been neglecting all along is the fact Iason was still there.

Why had he been unable to see? How he does not only exist for himself now?

The Pet beseeched the Blondie with a kiss, realizing what he had been taking for granted. He swore never again. Never again would he allow himself to be drowned in his own self-contained destruction without considering what another would feel, especially when there was someone who would despair greater than he would in the process.

Now that he thought about it, he realized this was somehow similar to how he and Guy eventually ended up. He could not let that happen again...

...Iason...

There was never any ill-will to begin with. The action made the Master glad, returning the kiss with a deeper sense of his own affections, sharing in the mutual understanding, as he could find no words to measure up to such sincerity...


They had just finished a round in the comforts of their bed yet Iason was once more gunning for another, rolling Riki's nipple as a restarting stimulus, loving the way his Pet ground himself up, an apparent hardness again beginning, as heady moans escaped his lips like prayers. His Exclusive's hand never stopped groping about, as if by that he could fully anatomize his lover. In a strange way, it did actually.

"You and your rampant desires," the mongrel panted, anticipating the satisfaction that would again culminate in just a bit.

Iason kissed his way about, like the blind using his mere touch to see. "Your body might have been altered by Jupiter, but the spirit and heart," he touched that part on Riki's chest. "...stayed the same. You are the same..."

The Pet smiled at him again, a genuine show of contentment this time. "Sorry. If I had been very difficult. I never thought you'd actually hurt because of me."

Iason answered that with more of the touching, running his hands lower to capture the erection throbbing between those legs, rubbing it together with his own under the sheets.

"I love you," said the Blondie.

Riki laughed. "I know…

"After that stunt earlier? Of course I know..." he said.

But there were things that still bothered him about his transformation - the wings and all, the lack of craving for cigarettes and alcohol, even the severed erection that was now a piece again. "You're right, it doesn't feel different, but…"

Iason looked up from where he was about to descend and devour his Pet. Somehow he had an idea what the latter would ask but sought to clarify it anyway. "But what?"

"Has it been that much? The change Jupiter made in me, I mean...Am I not myself anymore?" Iason was further surprised by his next request. "Can you help me know the extent by which Jupiter had repaired me?"

The Blondie paused for a while at those words. Then he sighed. It seemed this was likewise inevitable.He conceded, "All right.

"I'll arrange it with Raoul for you as apparently, we need to put those questions of yours to rest."

Riki felt relieved. "Thank you," and he reached to caress the Blondie's face, his fascinating hair, the other returning the gesture of a warm smile all his own.

It was this feeling...this undeniable feeling that had long ago changed all the sex between them into pure and heavenly love-making. It was the same thing that bridged the space between Master and Pet, a mongrel of the Slums and the highly-regarded Blondie of Tanagura. With it, the difference no longer mattered nor existed. They were just in love. Riki needed to take that all into account. The past might not really need to matter now, does it?

"I love you," it was Riki's turn to give his vows, without hesitation and with a willing heart, before crying out loudly and shamelessly as his only Master descended to take him...

Notes:

Yuri: *prepares to send an invitation via Orphe to the couple for a Pet Auction* This should be fun.

Last chapters of Storia Duwa. Then off the Storia Tatlo: the Days of Conflict (or something like that).

Chapter Text

The next days in the Mink household had been easier after that incident, although it might have only been a little step, a nudge for the Pet so to speak, trivial as it may, that now Riki seemed to be better at snapping himself out of his depression when it starts, thankfully choosing to be more enthusiastic…

Though scheduled for the check-up he had requested, the busy work mounting to repair the rest of a year's worth of damages in the System put the appointments on hold, though the Pet did not seem to mind much, busier himself with monopolizing his way around the House and learning more how to use his newfound graces…

Riki was considerably happier, a divisive little conniver who was never spoilt but run his course around things the way he wanted it again. Thus Iason was not at all surprised when he asked if he could leave for Midas and buy himself an Airbike. The Blondie of course gave his permission, though for some reason, the escapade gets postponed whenever he pulled the Pet aside.

The thought of a new Airbike had been left to dust somewhere after a few days of hot and steamy respite. It had been a week now, Iason taking a short leave of his responsibilities to spend time with his beloved…

In the same span of time, both had managed to develop a silent, two-way process of learning, Iason likewise beginning to understand from his Pet how real relationships went, had become more sensitive now to Riki's emotions, careful not to forget himself.

However, jealousy seemed inescapable. Because he had given the Furniture a taste of Riki, never mind if it had been under ordained blindness, he was now more mindful of their presence and somehow chary, narrowing his eyes whenever Riki spent more of his time asking the triplets favours. Favours the brothers loved to cosset him with, glad the same way maybe that the Pet of the House was feeling better. Unaware that they had played a part. Riki not one to mention it though he honestly recalled the moment with a fine blush from time to time. Just promptly shaken off especially in the presence of his Master.

The Blondie likewise, never spoke of the incident ever again. Yet as it was with Daryl, Iason did not want the Furniture to be so familiar with Riki. Even the natural purpose of the Furniture that was common elsewhere to a certain extent was not to be exercised in any way. Definitely no such furtive affairs to be maintained or thought of to begin with.

He was the one who will fulfill Riki's desires if there were any more; after all, didn't he possess a body very much capable of it now? Of sharing everything with his Pet that is. A body that feels. But he could not really help it…

On one particular instance, when Riki and Katron poured over a playlist of synthesized tunes the former wanted to listen to, having spent several hours in the Furniture's own quarters, Iason actually found a way to drag the living ornament outside and give him a beating, stopping only when he was contented and when Riki begged him to.

Afterwards, he swept his Pet into their shared bedroom, locked him in, and spent what remained of his impulsive outburst on fucking the other senseless, marking his territory with much passion and possessiveness.

Riki found it hard to get up for the whole day the next morning, Iason however apologizing for it, palming the blame over to the stresses of work which was not at all true. 

Then there was that instance when Riki himself almost got the beating again, after Iason had chanced upon him while he masturbated, lost in his fantasies on the bed, pants pulled down and off...much like that time years back.

Though there was no virtual image of a bitch anywhere, the Master still eyed his climaxing Pet with suspicion from where he observed him under the dim light, unable to get his head out of the idea that his Exclusive might be thinking of someone else.

Though his doubts were shunned as absurd finally, to his own none admitted embarrassment, when upon the final throes of his release Riki had clearly cried out, "Iason!" arching into his own hand as his heat slowly rose then shot out before gradually dissipating, bringing him down to earth with a satisfied smile on his face.

Not as satisfied as his Master's, who stepped into the room after letting the Pet take his breather, reminding himself of how petty he'd become finally, replacing that hand with his own in an instant, pleased that he had been mistaken. Ironically.

"You should have just waited for me," Iason commented, before lowering himself on top his Exclusive, in his tailcoats and all still, beginning to once more stimulate his Pet. He hasn't even taken off his cape: he was just that impatient, himself shocked that Riki can pull such out of him.

Riki on the other, felt rather abashed, getting caught in the act, but was glad to have the Blondie home. He just flushed red and forgot, wrapping eager arms around his lover's strong shoulders, easing hands to twine through the enchanting mane that was on that head.

"Will you fault me? You were taking your time," the Pet whined his excuse, only for his lover to muffle that with his deeper kisses…


 

Riki had grown a new appetence for flying, discovering one morning that the Palace was even bigger than he imagined, the actual exterior perched on a separation above the lower levels beneath it, surrounded by even grander gardens and other ridiculously massive structures and art pieces.

He's only just seen one side of their home! The cage so it appeared, when their domicile was a small city in fact. He asked Iason about it during dinner.

"I had the Palace enlarged," the Blondie told him. "You were just quite busy brooding to realize it." And he had laughed.

In truth, the Master actually took the levels below their home and had them demolished, then transformed into an outer court worthy of a throne for Neu-Jupiter and his Pet, everything done efficiently by the multitude of working bots and droids which incessantly toiled until its completion, within the next few months immediately after they had moved here.

Since Riki had managed to lock himself within the insulated layers of the Main of their House, refusing even to go anywhere, he wasn't able to see the outcome of the renovations until just recently, when he had ventured further from the inner bowels of their nest and opened himself to the System more and more.

Now by the looks of it, Riki was impressed, though the Pet had scolded himself mentally for not noticing, and for allowing himself to be limited to where his inanity had forced him to stagnate for a while. But more important than that was that he had discovered where the garage was, becoming as a kid in a sweet shoppe, ogling at the numerous Aircars and pods there, just as Katze had described them now he remembered, only disappointed when he couldn't find the one thing he was half-expecting to be there.

"Great. No Airbike?"

He rolled his eyes. Of course, we're talking elites here. Who amongst them rode around in Airbikes? Certainly not his Neu-Jupiter...

But this was no big issue, really, especially when he discovered a new use for the vast space, as a place to test his sable wings, growing more and more confident and defiant with them yet just as loving by the day. Somehow, Iason knew his Pet will come to love flying, will perhaps be seduced by it as something more attractive than racing, although Riki appeared to still crave the rev of engines, requesting for that Airbike -again, with much devotion to the sport after some long hours in the garage and noticing there was none there.

But then the Pet should have known by now, how he can reach even greater speed and height without the aid of any contraption, but just using his own sacred wings…

On the side of work, Iason was pleased to learn that the System had become healthier now upon his Exclusive's path to healing. It actually came to the point that the Blondie had thought that if things stayed like this for eternity, then he would truly be happy forever. But then that was not the case. For while they reveled together, war was impending, the same threat that used to haunt him when he was yet a mere tool of Jupiter, now doubled when he became Jupiter.

He knew their enemies were plotting; somewhere they had their traps set, and it will only be a matter of time before they sprung into action. Even difficult was that he now had Riki to protect, the status of Achilles none-changing despite being elevated to a higher degree.

If another incident like Guy happened, this could spell doom for them all, not only them both but the rest of Tanagura. It was indeed a predicament, especially since he certainly cannot coop the Pet here all his life. It's been a long time since they had ascended and must, sooner or later, face society as the chosen pair.


Ever since discovering the larger part of their home, Riki had now become a constant fixture in the exterior, Varja, trapped in a decorated cage but seemingly oblivious, though sometimes he tended to still drift into his thoughts. Just like today. He had sat there for the longest time on one of the smaller overhanging platforms, seemingly vanishing without a trace and prompting the Furniture to disperse, searching for him all over the place.

"Master Riki! Master Riki!"

"Please come out Master Riki!"

"Master Iason will be furious! Master Riki, please do come out!!"

As much as he understood the triplets' predicament, for the moment, he wanted to be alone. But no, he was not moping about. He was just wondering. From where he was he could see straight towards the direction of Ceres this part of the Palace, see the strip of forgotten highway that led to what would have been a utopia devoid of Jupiter's intervention, now a cluttered, deteriorated sector that would fall apart completely if not for the Black Market supplying for it the necessities, even the stout and drugs it craved for.

It was a place he had been part of, now just a memory, alongside his reputation there and his...friends...

At the back of Riki's head, he wanted to know what had become of Bison, especially now that he, and yes, Guy as well maybe, he was unsure, had departed from them.

What had become of the old gang? Are they alive? Did they still occupy Bison's previous haunts and had held unto the 'sleeping dog' reputation for the sake of it or had moved on finally?

Or are they dead?

As they had perhaps conceivably believed he was now long gone, when in truth, he was well and alive, and beloved…he did not know really. His absence had been more than just physical after all.

He was a rare case among mongrels. The one who made it to the very top. On the lap of splendour and the fulfillment of dreams boys could only make up while in Guardian and would rot to nothing more but shambles by the time they were set free in the Ceres colonies. But he made it. A strangeness in the Slums. He proved something in a way, although the road to here, like the highway to Ceres, was as treacherous.

"Master Riki! Please show yourself!"

Riki laughed to himself.

The Furniture were getting agitated, and he had once had this image that if they were troubled enough to a certain degree, their heads would explode. Funny. Mad imaginings, all this. But that was before he found out where these living furnishings actually came from. He was assured however that these were not Guardian-bred; Katze attested to it, and his primeval antics in the end would not harm them as much.

Speaking of whom, the man had not visited in a while had he? What was the redhead doing? More or less he may have been very busy with the Markets still.

The sun had already set, the last colours of dusk fading on the horizon and pretty soon, by dinner time or later, Iason would come home. Riki, believing that he had been gone long enough, stood and stretched his arms, the bare top he wore riding with his muscles.

He felt great today, enough that he could maybe, just maybe, ask Iason to let him visit Ceres? The problem was that he didn't know how to begin…

He smirked, and wondered if even that would be too much for an Exclusive to solicit perchance?

I'll figure something, he told himself with a smile before stepping off the edge and spreading his wings to get down.

Chapter 20: Storia Tatlo, Days of Conflict

Chapter Text

Someone was accessing the Tanagura Archives, Zico immediately rising from having lain in his seat to check, immediately noticing the patterns of another hacking on the grid. He set to record the movement, loosening security to allow the act in a classic game of cat and mouse, baiting as he saved the progress of the proceedings to report to his benefactor later on...

Initiating personal library.

Please select category...

/Location Specs/

Please select location...

/Neu-Jupiter Palace \ Eos Tower Two \ Tanagura/

1 File Found

[Notable Residences: Elites \ Blondies - Council \ Neu-Jupiter \ Exclusive - Private]

Downloading. Please wait…

You are about to view confidential data. Some sensitive portions may not be available. Proceed?

/Yes/

Thank you.

[Description Study. Source: Unknown]

[Please input your password]

[INCORRECT]

[Please input your password]

[INCORRECT]

[Please input your password]

[ACCEPTED]

[Description Study. Source: Unknown]

\ Loading Content... \

[Virtual Voice Initiated]

The completed Palace of Neu-Jupiter is exaggeratedly large, made up of two areas called the Main and the Courts respectively, both fully-integrated into the central System of Tanagura also known as Jupiter's System, but functions independently of it. It is said that the pinnacle residence is of a pure atmosphere, having its own massive Filtration Components hidden within the framework of the House, the sterile shafts pushing cleaner air in to circulate within the areas, simulating a natural environment typical outside only safer and devoid of contaminants. It also holds enormous backup reserves to keep the Palace running even if the rest of Tanagura shuts down during emergencies, the Tower itself taking advantage of solar and wind made viable due to the structure's height and underwater currents from Ocean a short distance off.

Other frameworks are likewise made unique to the Palace, but for security reasons shall not be disclosed in this article.

The Palace is maintained and cared for by the triplets, from the idiosyncratic Neu-Furniture Series, named Katron, Katrice and Kantre, and the horde of mindless machines under their control, running everything via strict schedules which included but are not limited to that of Iason Mink, his Pet and Exclusive, Riki, and their own. Specifications regarding the manufacturing of these three special furnishings have been made confidential and we bear no further record, though it is stated that as part of these said specifications, none such Furniture will ever be allowed to exist in any other household, the creation thereof forbidden save upon the request of Neu-Jupiter whom holds all rights regarding the making of the Trinity.

/pause/

Please accept Terms and Conditions before proceeding…

/Accept/

Opening File. Thank you.

[Description Study 2. Source: Unknown]

The Main referred to in this article is actually the main structure or house of the Palace, a three-floored building made up of private rooms, guest areas, kitchens, among other sections, and the avant garde Floating Garden in and out built on levitating plateaus, open platforms and some hidden alcoves teeming with plant life and hand-picked Flora. It was here that the Pet was first accommodated to when he was yet asleep.

/pause/

All floor plans, interior designations and layout are filed as confidential. Access denied.

[INPUT]

Access denied.

[INPUT]

Access denied.

/Skip/

From the Main, a continuous balcony opens to the outside, overlooking the outer suburbs of the city below, Ocean beyond, and the Aerospace Port a little nearer that. The Palace itself has its very own private Aeroport used by the Blondie Master to get to and from work, in turn connected to an even lower level which is the garage where all vehicles owned by him are stored out of sight.

The Main is built closest to the outer dome of Eos Tower Two, and for its protection not only has the barrier and shield of the Tower, but also three separate layers of reinforced shelling [construction unknown] that would stand to any bombardment from the outside and a web of sensors that are linked to the secret defensive components of the House, supposedly including the security droids (hundreds of them - the same that chased the Exclusive out the first time) and something else which Neu-Jupiter himself personally had an unnamed contractor install, in cold sleep, hidden beneath the one of the features in the centre of the Floating Garden and two more supposedly ensconced in its epic chandelier. Further details about this have been kept confidential for evident reasons.

Access denied.

Rumours have circulated that in case of an imminent threat, the Palace executes what is called the Lotus Procedure, whereby the structure automatically seals itself from the inside-out, deploying its various defences until the threat is neutralized if not entirely eliminated, though this is yet to be verified.

/Skip/

The Court on the other would be considered as the exterior of the Palace, though is actually more of a showcase area for other bigger gardens and water features and is encased by the rest of Eos Tower Two's large glass circumference, where infinity pools surround all five of the constructed hanging gardens and their individualized outdoor furnishings, connected one to the other via suspension bridges, which were in turn connected to the topmost portion of the Main. There were also teleportation gates, though they have been rarely used by both Master and Pet as they are believed to just fly to where they wanted to be. The teleportation gates are more for the use of the Furniture or visitors though it has been confirmed that the Palace is yet to receive any of the latter at present.

[Define: Iason flight]

No results found.

/Skip/

The Palace is the exact opposition of the image that had been once a standard of the 'metallic city' of yore, itself so far removed from what had been the boring clean of the old god's domain, though is ever as efficient and as precise, all tasks involving the superior Blondie's new domicile carried out by its caretakers with still the same promptness and efficacy or even more, all affairs therein conducted like clockwork.

But it is still a fact that the new Jupiter loved this extravagance, loved to treat his newly-opened senses to grand things such as a burst of colour and grandiose, or at least his own personal desert of roses to which his Pet might also find his amusement, given the belief that when the Exclusive was in slumber, he had likewise developed an aesthete's taste, the old god aiming to inject some manner of culture into the Pet, to what extent though, this is yet untested.

Bottom line, the hierarchy had already been shaken, and despite the refusal of some elites to let go of the monochromatic existence in bodysuits and minimalist-decorated rooms and houses that they had been accustomed of in the past, like this Palace and just like Neu-Jupiter, Tanagura will continue to change into a kingdom its Blondie Master will eventually shape it into.

/End Specs/

"There seems to be little information here, but the Tower is apparently built to have some of their most advanced fortifications," said the voice after receiving the information, discussing this on the phone with another dubious character. "As expected."

"Then the best chance would be when he's out? Too bad his days at Apatia are long over. It would have been easier..."

"I don't think it's wise to attack the very nest. Not when it's so well-taken cared of. Do you have information as to what had happened exactly during his absence? We might get clues as to how we can take this Neu-Jupiter off the picture."

"We don't. For some reason, we can no longer hack into the System now. Should we try getting a spy in?"

The other considered and for a while thought carefully. "We need to test the waters first before we do that," he advised, thinking how the massacre of an elite might be as futile as their last attempt after a hundred years.

He decided. "I'll send word in a few days time."

Chapter 21

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

Iason sought a change of scenery and chose one of the smaller plateaus of the Court, proceeding to strip Riki naked the moment they landed on its large, weaved bed-seat, the canopies and silk draperies left open to the breeze. Between the posts and its stringed jeweled trimmings, the Master began to make love to his Pet, whispering his deep sense of affection, refusing to let the other take him on all fours as the Blondie wanted to see the reactions forming on his face as they progressed, as he thrust upwards into Riki's willing body on top.

Over one of the pools on the plateau, the Main of the Palace was visible, it's glass and smaller domes, some surrounding balconies and rooms lit by the late sunset filtering through. Somebody walked its interior earlier, but who among the triplets it was, the lovers had not bothered. They were much too caught up in the moment, Riki's mouth watering at the attentions he was receiving, eyes falling shut as the Blondie rammed into him.

Some things had changed in the way all this loving was being done. Riki noticed that there existed now in the Blondie a certain feel that was absent before, making Iason more like a human lover than the artificial machine that he was supposed to be, or was it because they were the same now that he could feel him this way? Who knew? He has not seen Raoul yet to confirm anything.

"Ah-haah-hhah…" but damn the sex rocked!

It was perfect and the epitome of bliss few if none have ever experienced, making Riki agree that if there was a degree higher than Cloud Nine, this was it - all the time.

"Iason...m-more! More!"

Demanding. Each time it happened the Pet found himself yearning so much, as if he couldn't get enough of the way Iason satisfied him. Sometimes he felt as if he was developing satyriasis tendencies in his craving for that touch, although that would be far from the truth: for he only desired to do it with Iason and could imagine no one else holding him now but the Blondie. Not even with the Furniture would he relieve himself, choosing the skill of his hands instead if it came to the punch…

Iason had already sheathed himself deep inside Riki and was now working splendidly towards the Pet's climax, but a beeping was interrupting their coitus, making him wonder who on earth could be responsible for the intrusion.

"Damn this," muttered the Blondie, as he willed a connection with the communication lines. But instead of shutting it off, to Riki's horror, Iason aimed to activate it.

"You're going to - aahhn! - answer that!?"

Even as the Pet gave word to his protests, he continued to melt, the Blondie lifting himself to bite a nipple and making the other stutter, Riki's eyes rolling to the back of his head as the hard - and large - appendage penetrated deeply within him.

With the line opened, the form of Orphe Zavi materialized somewhere on the tranquil pool, making him look like an Adonis standing on the clear water, his virtual self immediately quirking a brow at the sight he had chanced upon.

Sex between a Master and his Pet, among elites, were naturally unheard of, and like any sensible Blondie, Orphe had the tendency to shun its rumours as immediately unbecoming, even criticizing those who have been struck with that shame openly. Unlike Gideon, he did not amuse himself with it when their Head was the root of all commentaries.

Yet Iason was the sort to hold no fear in his admittance of, and, yes, in show that it indeed happens between him and Riki. In the past somehow and what more at present. He was never one to deny nor confirm it when it was yet a clandestine affair, and he was open to discussing it now especially that the sex was a staple to being the Neu-Lord. Their union allowed them access to the System after all.

It was the act that stirred Tanagura into waking...

"Had I called in such bad timing?" came the other Blondie's query, sighing to treat this as mere coupling between an acceptable set of species, filing the thought as something even Jupiter has allowed.

He was about to suggest he'd just call back when Iason gave it a dismissive grunt.

"Iason! Aahhhmn…"

The Exclusive's exuberant exhibition would shame other pets, Orphe thought in comparison of previous shows he had witnessed, as the former bit down a knuckle to silence himself, still rather unexploited, a vestal creature to displaying his body in this way. Or was it more to the credit of Iason who now, thanks to allowing the other Blondie to see, apparently adored working his Riki to much of an irrepressible euphoria.

"Not...really..." Iason modulated his panting as he continued to thrust up, his and his Pet's bodies merged now obviously although the only visible organ was the Exclusive's penis, bobbing full, before Iason fisted it and pumped. "What is it?" As curtains fell about gently to obscure the view.

Riki cried out, hands out to stop the superior Blondie and disengage but the latter held his wrists easily with his other hand, effortlessly trapping him there as the pounding continued.

Orphe just cleared his throat then and proceeded. "Well...an S-class Pet Auction has been sanctioned in Midas and an invitation has been extended by the Council. They asked for your attendance personally. And your Pet's. Gideon will likewise be displaying our latest breeds...in your honour."

Iason toppled Riki over, their forms shifting positions so he may reach even deeper into his Pet, pinning him effortlessly, treating Orphe to a clear vision of his massive machine grinding in and out of that tightly-clenching orifice, the awareness of being watched making Riki conscious and Iason want to push that consciousness off the edge. No use to be ashamed, but Riki's reactions were tad innocent.

Orphe just shook his head and sighed in exasperation. He's seen Pet coupling, but never an exclusive one. It was somehow odd to see an elite of their own class - Iason no less - having sex and enjoying every bit of it. Yet they do make a hot couple. Indeed. Sex Droids would be put to the contest at such a display.

On the other hand, Iason pondered momentarily. So after a couple of years, Academy Pets will once more make their stunning appearances? In his honour? What could that mean?

"Is that so?" But he had rammed Riki to the hilt.

"Oh gods Iason!" the Pet writhed, a panting beauty, making the top Blondie chuckle as he continued to grind right on in, playing with that shaft in hand and shifting so he hits his lover perfectly every time.

"I don't - think - Riki will - approve," said the Master in between his shoves, appearing to be utterly merciless, pulling his Pet to top again and letting his Exclusive impale himself.

The Pet drowned. Penis fisted and pumped harder, he climaxed, arching, throwing his head back, mouth falling open in another beautiful cry of pleasure.

"Stunning reaction don't you think Orphe?" quizzed the superior Blondie, testing the other's personal opinions, knowing that he, like most, will not say anything offensive.

It was a fact that not all of his brothers were used to the scenario the exclusivity had brought. It had been a major change in the caste. And from time to time, such as this, Neu-Jupiter teased them with it.

"The Exclusive is a beauty, I must admit," Orphe shared but not without some manner of dry humour, sighing again, this time in relief, as he watched Riki collapse, breathless and satiated, burying his head against Iason's shoulder in a manner of shame, his body glowing with the passion he had just endured, his Master raising a drape of silk over to cover it.

The Pet cursed his lover for putting him through with this, the Master just chuckling at that, kissing him i apology. "I would have to decline," then replying to the waiting Chief Operations Officer of the Eos Towers.

As opposed to his Pet, Neu-Jupiter still appeared composed, and was a complete sight of control, able to make a complete conversation despite hammering his consort to the limits. It made Orphe swallow, a tingling in his organic brain somewhere making him uneasy.

"I see."

"Iason, wait…" it was Riki. The Pet had managed to lift half-lidded eyes, whispering. "Let's go."

This surprised the Master, "Are you sure?" Orphe had not heard that.

Iason only felt Riki nod against him, then hiding his face again, staying still, hoping the conversation passed on quickly. There was silence for some time, before any points of argument were dismissed and the conversation picked up between Blondies.

"Orphe, when is the event?" Neu-Jupiter spoke up finally.

"In two days time."

"All right then, I change my mind. Do inform them of my acceptance."

That caught Orphe off guard but he remedied the situation with a nod.

"Of course..."

Small farewells were exchanged before the virtual image faded into nothing, ending the conversation, Orphe from the other end taking a seat as he seemed to have been overwhelmed by what had just happened.

He was glad however, that the communicate terminated in a positive way for him, who had since been pestered because Iason had turned down all the invitations he'd selected for him, worried that the heir apparent was going to be rejecting his social responsibilities further than he should, really.

At least this was one event he agreed upon. If only he'd agree to all others.

"Maybe I should catch them having sex more often when I ask," the Blondie had a thought, but still distraught, the image of the two in the act vivid in his memory. Then with a slowness, he broke into laughter, shaking his head, his turn at collapsing back against his chair...


 

"Why the sudden change of heart? You detested these gatherings," Iason had to ask Riki when they were alone once more.

The sun had just disappeared, bathing the dome of Eos Tower Two with the last of its pastel light. Somewhere, the triplets had begun to close their home part-way, flipping virtual switches on to ready the Palace for the night. The surveillance drones have been deployed to the outer shell as the rest of the other means to enter the dominion were closed out and sealed, the mandatory lock-up when both Masters were already inside taking effect. Such was the efficiency of the Furniture of the Mink Household.

"Because...maybe you wanted to go," Riki fiddled, making it obvious that there was another reason behind this said change of heart.

Although it was a good start. This was a step back into reality and an opportunity to coax Riki out of the womb of isolation he'd made for himself. But still, there was something behind all this surely.

"Liar," and suddenly, the Blondie gripped at his hair. "You want to request a visit to Ceres don't you? My, you actually listened to Katze."

Call it instinct, or the smart summary of some evident observation. After all, this was only logical as the Pet seemed to have been seen often staring towards the direction of the Slums after a day of flying around in his Palatial cage. Earlier, in fact, he had been staring at it before the Blondie toppled him over.

"The truth Pet."

"Yes I was," Riki grunted.

There was no use denying it. He would ask sooner or later so might as well. The Master's grip loosened.

"There was no need really. To ask it from me," Iason admitted, in fact, had asked Katze in advance to search Ceres for the Pet's old gang, only to keep it a secret for now, in the guise of keeping tabs. There was some bad news the last he checked. "I was already planning to take you there."

This surprised Riki. "You were? When?"

"At the moment, perhaps right after the Pet Auction. And after you get your citizen's number implanted and corrected."

Riki almost forgot about that. He was to receive his own Identification Number tomorrow, alongside the check-up he'd requested the past week. He'd protested about getting the chip, stating that he already had a Pet Ring to begin with, but Iason insisted that being Pet and citizen were two entirely different things. Being Exclusive was likewise another issue in reality.

Riki's identity was already a mash-up, a unique breed resulting from the marriage of three or more statuses that the Council deemed a further provision of separation for him and his Master was in order. The Jupiter List already had its own unique ID since its creation, but it will be further acknowledged with the embedding of the Jupiter Mark, a specialized and complicated serialization for the two, Riki to obtain his tomorrow, Iason still yet to decide when he'd get his own altered (if he still had it).

"Can't I get it when you get it?"

"No. And don't argue with me."

Riki sighed. "Tomorrow then," and peacefully conceded, but eyed Iason with an uncharacteristic pout. "You'll really let me go to Ceres this time?"

The Blondie ran his fingers against the skin of his Pet's cheek, finding that place where he had tugged at on that head and massaging there as well. He could not believe how much they had endured, how far they had come. "Yes. Anywhere for you, my beloved. As long as you remember your restrictions."

Riki scowled, which also meant that he better not go looking for the ghost of his old lover while he was there when the time came. "Don't you remind me always?"

Iason laughed at that again, in a good mood, glad that the thought of Guy and the mention of him had never crossed their reality since they've awakened into it. Which was absolutely ideal. Because he could care less what had happened to his Pet's former flame...Riki must likewise feel the same.

"You really are about the only one who can talk like that to a Blondie," Iason whispered, before pulling in his beloved for a kiss. Riki obliged, much too happy, and returned the gesture fully.

There was no reason to fear. Even if the Master allowed him the visit to his old home, he knew that the Pet only loved him. No need for petty leads or the shock of a Pet Ring, for some manner of proving it like he'd done when Bison caught up with them at Apatia. Riki belonged to Neu-Jupiter and it will stay like this. The kiss ended.

Iason sobered. "We don't need to make an appearance at the Pet Auction," the Blondie declared and he meant it.

There was no need for any mandatory or obligatory attendance to anything from now on. His Exclusive will not be denied his freedom in this case, because it was one of the things he knew that made his beloved happy.

Riki shook his head, "Let's still go."

Iason had that wondering expression, truly caught unprepared as he had always been with the other, always being surprised, "Why's that?" that he had to clarify if he'd heard it correctly.

"You're Jupiter, and I'm the Pet that needs to be by your side," Riki replied. "Besides…we've been fucking for years now, but you've never really taken me out on an actual date."

At that, the Blondie quirked a brow.

"Really now?"

The Pet continued, "This could be like our first date."

Iason found that to be incredible. Never out on a date? Perhaps. Well, in fact it made good sense, as it was off to bed for them both when they were together.

Now that the Blondie thought of it, they've never really had any formal dinner or trip out together. He often dragged his Pet to these things didn't he? And those had been to soirees and coming out balls in the past. There was no true time alone with just them beyond fucking, as sincere relationships ideally should have been often spent, between Pairing Partners and Lovers.

"But I don't think there's a need for any."

"Hey. Don't blame your complete lack of romanticism on me!" Riki flared, very mongrel-like, tapping Iason on the chest with a finger for emphasis, that scowl just adorable.

The Blondie kissed him again, and heatedly, suddenly rolling them over, the Pet realising his lover was still hard, and had not in fact pulled out from where he was buried inside of him. The Master gave him that hungry look.

"My turn," he licked his lips. "Time for you to earn my permission to visit Ceres."

Iason began thrusting in, Riki arching and struggling again but was effectively pinned within the Blondie's grasp, a trapped animal about to be screwed over again.

"I thought...han-ha-hahh...there was...hng...no need!?"

"I don't recall uttering such nonsense," smiled his Master, a glint of apparent deviousness.

Riki could only whine and stammer, "B-Bastard!"

Notes:

Yuri: this would be my last update on the story for the week or the month, who knows. One, because 'real world' work has caught up with me and, Two, I have two other stories that are in need of their last chapters so I can close them. Once done, I will update the next chapters for Cinco. I'm having way too much fun here that I want to concentrate on it more. But that needs to wait until next time. :)

Thank you for the lovers, for flooding my Inbox much. And for that allow me to answer some of your questions:

1.) Yeah, I'm also curious when the remake will resume if they ever will. Budget issues, hehehe. Otherwise, let's contend with the four.

2.) For that other guy who asked where I read the novel, one word, Polish. It wasn't a pleasant experience. :'(

3.) Why a male Jupiter? Because I'm the female writing a yaoi fanfic.

4.) Another love triangle? It's there. Just wait. :')

5.) Guy re-appearing? Hmmm...that depends on Katze?

6.) When's the Pet Auction chapter? Patience. It's in this part.

7.) War? Hahaha...you'd be surprised.

Anyway, that's about all that I can respond to for now. Thank you again guys for reading. See you in the next chapter.

-------
*Official on hiatus mode*

Chapter 22

Notes:

Yuri: I'm back. Anyone missed me? Of course not. You missed the story. Hahaha...I jest. ^_^

Alas, I was still unable to close my other two stories...(Except for Cinco that is) I'm uninspired for anything else! How did that happen? :'(

Well, do still enjoy.

Chapter Text

When their Executive Aircar landed, the waiting droids immediately secured the perimeter, Iason in his blue the very image of the Tanaguran Aristocracy, who next assisted his curiously hooded prince out, Riki further hidden beneath the long cape that the Blondie had made him wear.

"I don't get why I have to go in like this," asked the Pet, knowing that the elites of Eos must have certainly seen him countless times already. He wasn't really one of a wallflower ever since no matter how hated he had been, or how aloof and apart he had decided himself to be.

"Well aren't you going to be making a Coming Out of sorts in the Pet Auction? I don't want to spoil that," which also meant the Blondie most certainly wanted to show him off there…that's why he'd gone through all the trouble.

Riki could only grunt, having always had a pet peeve for these dubbed Coming Outs, remembering the trauma of his second return where he'd been humiliated then skewered alive by the Blondie's hard dick after all the wretched festivities had done. "Asshole."

Iason laughed. "It won't be like how you'd remember it," he assured him. "I promise, my love."


So the reunion was not really one he appreciated but was inexorable, Raoul, being the only other Man besides Katze - naturally - that Iason trusted with his life and, now, that of his Pet's. Riki still eyed him with such suspicion however, though that had been certainly expected, as the Blondie appeared, the door of the lab sliding open for him and automatically sealing him in where the Exclusive was waiting naked the waist up.

There was a thick leery feeling in the air, palpable enough that one can run a las-knife down and cut it, as Riki felt nothing but abhorrence, the thought of being in the same space with the other not exactly the mongrel's cup of tea, for obvious reasons…

Don't get me started, the Pet thought to himself as the other's blue eyes washed over him.

He just didn't like Raoul. He didn't like all the other Blondies. As if Iason had not been enough, they made his life in Eos, one way or another, into one great Sheol of difficulty, superstition and doubt.

The Biochemist could perhaps count the times he's had a direct encounter with the Pet, some not having any actual conversation, some, like after the incident with Mimea and after Riki's awakening when the other thrashed and fought him, only marked by definite conflict, the root perhaps having to do with him, Raoul's, obvious opposition to Riki's being at first, though right now one can say that he is his Neu-Jupiter's biggest support.

"Pet."

"Raoul."

The Blondie had always had the firsthand privilege of watching the Pet's development, albeit behind a monitor screen most of the time, the evolution of him from being the simple thrash mongrel that he was to the Exclusive that he is now. Riki had always been a shock in the System, the Achilles that toppled even the pivot of Tanagura and challenged as like a stigma the norm, an evil presence the sort that could shatter the stereotypical mold as easily as he could make one of his own. Just like Iason, he ran his own way, and because of him, Iason broke all the rules. But then it was also because of him that his friend was able to return.

"I can tell by your apparent distaste that you do not really like to see me."

When had it been never? The Blondie got onto Riki's nerves as easily as Kirie had once tested his patience. Something about Raoul was off and was still a cause for the Pet's doubts.

"I can say the same of you."

Yes, it was a mutual feeling wasn't it? Raoul surprisingly smiled. At least they did not have to be hypocritical about it, what Iason said that he loved this one, something he still could not understand.

"Yes. But then whatever opinion I have is not to be an issue here, for fact, is out of the question. Because although I don't entirely agree, as all elites, we know how important you are now, thus we of course have accepted defeat."

There. He stated a fact. At least this would perhaps make the next few hours civil between them both, enough that Raoul could actually work. He gave Iason his word that he would tolerate Riki to a certain maximum extent, bearing in mind the other's covenant as an Exclusive.

To Riki, Raoul was the polar opposite of Katze to a degree. And by how much he appreciated the latter, that's by how much he detested the former, though he was glad that at least now things were a bit clear between how they truly saw each other. Blondies can be complicated when it came to expressing their genuine emotions, choosing to be automatically cold as if that's that. Though he did want to clarify something further with Raoul.

"I didn't start a war with you enough that you have to admit any form of defeat," said Riki. "I didn't even ask for this to begin with."

True enough. It was Iason who took the mongrel in by force, and, although Raoul could only perhaps think in terms of theories, was the reason that Riki is alive now and perfected. Who else could have accepted Jupiter's proposition but Jupiter's favourite 'son' who turned out to be the biggest prodigal in the bunch? He sighed.

"Don't think me cruel Riki," Raoul did not want to debate with anyone whose belief was heaven and earth in opposition to his; whose opinions could not be swayed even if he was struck dead on the spot. "I don't want to start an argument with you."

All the Blondie wanted now was to likewise understand as much as Riki wanted to understand his situation. That aside, the sooner they proceed with the purpose why they're here, the sooner all questions will be brought to light.

The Pet seemed to be in agreement as he turned away, crossing his arms over his bare chest. Marked by Iason's persistence, honed by the tumultuous years they spent together, he had become a total beauty - all of them knew this to be true, but only Iason could admit to.

The rest of them were secretly afraid that Riki would have that same effect on them as he had with the heir, though yes it had already begun that they were easily seeing it now, the more they spent time with him, just how appealing he was. Unnatural as even manufactured pets didn't and couldn't develop these 'unforced' qualities. He was the plaything who would fight back, given an opening, a natural pedigree that came with the planet.

"Bring it then. We both don't have all day, do we?" Riki turned back to him with a challenge.

"Impatient aren't we? Your branding of course follows the check-up, and it might sting a bit."

He's received even harsher consideration from Raoul in the past; what more is there to appall him here?

"Whatever..."

Riki looked away again. He seemed to have something else running in his head, but Raoul wasn't the one he would definitely want to talk about it with. His obsidian eyes misted over with a confusion he didn't try to disguise. These were very lovely eyes.

The Biochemist smiled again, secretly this time. He reconsidered what many had believed, even Iason, before: the Pet had a lot of endearing qualities, just rough along the edges like they are supposed to be he guessed, bred into him by Ceres, the world he'd risen from.

But wait. What was he saying? Why was he imagining such nonsense?

Riki seemed to notice that and grimaced when the Blondie all but looked at him. Raoul stopped himself from thinking about that. This was disastrous. To see Riki as something more would be a catastrophe waiting to happen.

"All right then. Lie down and keep still, Pet," ordered the other suddenly, voice taking on that cold. "Let me do my job..."


It had been late when the implanting of the new ID was over, Riki now marked with the emblem of Neu-Jupiter, a rather lovely coat of honour supposedly, tattooed just at the base of his very spine.

As opposed to what Raoul promised, it was painless, the Pet still able to walk quietly up the even quieter corridor away from the Blondie's personal lab, Raoul likewise there and escorting him but was trailing a bit behind, which was okay, since right now, he didn't want to speak with him. In truth, he wanted to be alone, keeping his head down, his hood low, as a testament to his want for some solitude.

After this afternoon's revelations, he was all too exhausted of the Biochemist's presence, just perhaps in need of peace to let all the facts he'd been told settle in. Furthermore, what he also needed most was his Master…

From where he'd turned to head towards Jupiter's Tower, the meeting having been steered to a lower vault there at the moment with Aisha leading the Council, no longer waiting for the other Blondie to take him to his lover, Riki was glad to see that Coincidence had taken his side, when unforeseeably, he had caught up with a parade involving the Blondies, the said Council as they were now called, off to debate again regarding Tanagura's issues in private, with Iason walking in their midst in his distinctive blue robes.

The Blondie was a quiet presence in the sea of his own kind, his face alone surfacing into Riki's notice and blurring everyone else's even as the astonishing procession progressed, all the other elites stopping to note and pay their respects to the robed superiors. The Pet sighed. He just stood there and held his breath, not knowing how to proceed or how to get Iason's attention. Above that, he somehow felt confused, once more feeling a deep stab inside his chest in the familiar signs of depression.

What he'd found out was not really shocking, and he somehow braced himself for it enough that it would certainly not scar him for life, but then...then...he can't help but feel defeated at the moment.

Raoul had described them to be "Two of a Kind" - him and his Iason - which equates to the fact that they were alone in the world now too. How does the latter feel about that? Sure enough, as Riki figured, he knew of it already before this appointment was made…

The System flickered.

Iason stopped before the fluctuations, for the others present now a sign of disturbance, but for him was an indication and extension of his Pet's emotions. And true enough, when he scanned the area, he'd found Riki there, at the topmost part of the grand staircase this part of the building, just looking at him with that fallen expression on his face under his covering robes.

Neu-Jupiter paused, returning the glance, prompting the rest of his entourage to stop and observe as they'd likewise found him in silence, seemingly trying to figure what was being communicated between Master and Pet. The two had looked at each other too quietly that even the other elites present held their breaths.

"Anything wrong Pet?" Iason asked, and despite the apparent distance and the inaudibility of it, the Pet shook his head with a frown far off, hearing that clearly still it appeared.

Raoul had surfaced behind Riki, and was surprised to find the scene unfolding, following to where the Exclusive was staring only to meet up with Iason's own gaze.

Neu-Jupiter pried, "Then what's the matter?" as glances passed from him to the Pet, anticipation obvious from the curious crowd.

To the surprise of all those present, Riki did something dumbfounding, displaying a capability particular only to the Exclusive of the god of Tanagura.

He ran to Iason, but not simply by his legs but by his wings had he sped, too fast that no one was able to follow until some manner of wind just blasted past them and next they'd found Riki in Iason's open embrace, the Master gently enfolding his Pet as if he'd expected that.

Iason was the only one perhaps, based on the confused looks on his brothers' faces, even Raoul who was now realizing he'd been left alone on the steps, that Riki had all but flew into his arms, unfurling his wings and using them to catapult him through the venerable retinue where he picked his way easily between, folding them back to streamline his movements and then withdrawing them at the last minute to land straight into his Master's hold.

Very smart and very impressive...How many times had his Exclusive been practicing this little trick and saving it for the occasion?

"What just happened?" the Blondies were asking each other, baffled, unable to guess what had taken place in those split seconds.

The only traces of it were a few fallen sable feathers scattered on the carpet, and the obvious displacement of the Pet who now plastered himself to his Master with utter credence.

Riki simply buried his face into those robes, inhaling the familiar scent of his beloved, arms draping loosely around the Blondie's waist though the hands clasped needily. He would stay here and stubbornly refused to be told otherwise, his emotions making the System respond, the lights flickering as an indication.

"What's the matter?" Neu-Jupiter again repeated, this time running his hands to soothe the tension upon Riki's shoulders. "Did it not go well with Raoul?"

Actually, everything had gone perfectly, the check-up and the branding, Jupiter's Mark now an evident part of Riki's anatomy beneath his hooded robes, like some work-of-art made by laser and machinery unto his skin. It was a splendid distinction, better than the holy seal of Tanagura although there was little distinction between the two now: they both meant Neu-Jupiter.

The System continued to fluctuate. The rest of the Council look on in concern as the Pet seemed to be making Tanagura lose its control again. At this rate, there would be trouble in the framework. It was quite easy for the mongrel to do that now.

"Iason…" Aisha began but Neu-Jupiter gestured for silence. He waited for Riki.

"I missed you, is all," the Pet muttered, his Master the only one to hear that, though afterwards, he'd lifted his face to show the Blondie that this was the truth.

Yet his obsidian eyes held that certain sadness which obviously enough was affecting the System, though after a few, Riki has taken a hold of it, unconsciously or otherwise, knowing well now how it was done, and only the subtlest of tremors beneath the System surface remained to be felt.

Iason still figured though that it was time for a bit of preventive maintenance.

"Come with me then," he meant that as an invitation, Riki's willingness an answer to both the question of leaving and to the relief of a proceeding quickie the Blondie had in mind. Some comfort, and the Pet was just dying to receive it.

Even before the others could stop him, Iason had urged his Pet a different direction with a swish of his robes towards his Tower, their Tower. Aisha asked Raoul when he'd joined their Class, "Do we even need to stop them?"

The other Blondie just shook his head in response.

Chapter Text

It was the day later and the day before the Pet Auction.

The atmosphere in Midas had fast become an ecstatic mess as many visitors flocked from even the far reaches of the Garan Star System and the Commonwealth, intent on being part of at least a bit of the action, rumours of the so-dubbed Jupiter Lovers exaggerated to near legendary proportions, catapulting the name of Iason Mink and his former mongrel of a Pet to a status heaped with romanticism, slum dogs and even those amongst the aristocracy viewing their once-forbidden affair as nothing short but that of star-crossed lovers, with a fairytale story ending blessed by none other than the old god of Tanagura and Amoi himself.

And true to his word, Iason has proven to be a worthy heir, whose presence was now quite highly anticipated that the masses collected themselves into one large fervent throng, to witness his attendance to what the media had now popularized to be the Pet Auction of the Century

Katron stood there wondering for a few minutes, grimacing at the mess that now occupied the Masters' Bedroom even before his twins entered and in the same way stopped, eyeing with similar undisguised dismay the state of the all too resplendent quarters of their Lords was in. It was easily the most beautiful of all the quarters in the house what with the carvings and gold and embedded gemstones, yet some evil wind had blown through it seemingly, and carried with it this muddle.

"What happened here?" Kantre quirked a brow, seeing all the expensive clothes belonging to the Pet of the House scattered in heaps on the carpeted floor alongside the numerous footgear now in missed matches strewn all over.

Katrice frowned, throwing his plaited hair to one side as he beamed "Even the walk-in is in chaos," having checked that part of the suite and finding it in the same manner as the rest of the room.

Katron could only begin to think why, sighing in utmost dismay, but then remembering that he had something else to do, asked his brothers apologetically, "Can you start tidying up in here then? There are still preparations for dinner to be had" as he folded the clean, rather enormous towel he'd carried in from the cabinet storage.

He added, "I still need to get Master Riki out of the pool."


Katron's main responsibility in the Palace was the Pet, though he also acted as Iason's official butler and the leader in charge of the Trinity, steering his two lesser brothers towards the right direction when it came to matters of the house and its upkeeping.

He was a brilliant young mind and highly-precocious when made, as opposed to common Furniture, trusted for his capabilities such as knowing how to implement some advanced forms of interaction via the terminals and other programs in the Palace, easily manipulating them when it was needed to keep everything in tip-top-shape, the temperatures always ample, the lights and cleaning spot-on, right on top of the best executed service of any household on the entire planet. Their Lords lived essentially stress-free.

One could say he was the most special of the three, programmed and trained to make the most with his well-endowed IQ (enough that he could be a little elite himself), doll-like looks a match to that intellectual aura, injected with so much bioengineering that even the labs at Tanagura who boasted of making smarter androids and chimeras would have their heads spin in the face of his specific yet complicated design.

Or rather, their specific yet complicated designs, as his two brothers themselves, though falling short of the Trinity head's mental characteristics, were at par when it came to all other things including that certain programming unique only to them. Even Aisha's Floor Leader in charge was no match, could not even, for the life of him, command these three to subjection… truly, the envy of all Furniture, and part of the pride of the most powerful House in Tanagura. 

But of course, as exciting as it was to bear the responsibility of doing more than anyone else, in the Home of Neu-Jupiter no less, Katron, as popular himself with the other elites for his good work, was still most certainly happy to just be Riki's personal Furniture, because the Pet treated him as a being, even if the other Master of the house, the superior of all Blondies, when it came to it, could care little of them still but as ornaments or as defensive instruments that not only cleaned and decorated the Palace, but protected it.

He had already been punished before in fact, for something the Blondie deemed as unacceptable, and up until now, Katron had not the slightest of ideas as to what the reason why...

"Had there been a storm in your bedroom Master?" the Furniture had asked first thing as he walked over to the chairs, grimacing again, down the pile of wet things on the marble as he held the towel and waited for the Pet, Riki staying in that one place for a while already, continuing to rest his head against a folded arm, while the other extended forward and with a hand drew wet circles on the tile.

Earlier, Riki had jumped into one of the infinite pools of the Court after a few heated laps around, or was it more like free-falling, stopping himself mid-air and allowing gravity to take the rest, getting his wings and all soaked through before he stripped to his birthday suit and stayed there skinny-dipping, wading briefly for a good part of an hour before he just threw himself against the edge and appeared to have fainted.

Katron at first thought the Pet did actually fall asleep, and was worried that he had in fact or worse, but then at close inspection was revealed to only be contemplating with a wet head buried into his arms.

Katron could only guess that the wrecking of the room had happened even earlier before this sudden bath, perhaps because something had been troubling the Pet. Katron could just feel something was bothering his charge. So he continued to check.

"Master Riki, are you all right?"

The Pet had actually been recalling half of what Raoul had said to him during his inspection before the Furniture came in, but did not really want to dwell on it much as all he could do now was accept it. But then he just couldn't forget it either…


 "I've never seen such complicated bioengineering. Truly, Jupiter has gone through an excess in effort to restore you," said the Blondie.

"What does that mean? What exactly did he do? Did he transplant my mind into a different body or something?"

Raoul somehow found it amusing that the Pet could think of it like that; it was truly just simple understanding, but what had he expected? Although it is impressive, for him to be wary of something like that... for Blondies and other elites were usually created that way, the truth that only the brain in them was ever the organic part of their entire anatomy.

He glanced at the findings he had compiled into a small virtual screen before proceeding, "Think of it this way: the explosion at Dana would have completely obliterated you and Iason, but Jupiter interfered. And in this said interference he preserved whatever was left of you both -physically, mentally, I'm still to determine the rest but... it was from this that he had created the most basic of anatomical building blocks, never mind how insignificant the size, it was from which that he had re-engineered the new body you now possess."

Raoul thought he'd lost the Pet somewhere with his explanation, but to his surprise Riki asked back, "So it's more like complicated Regeneration? Is that what you're saying?"

This made the Biochemist think to himself and reconsider. He half took back what he'd earlier said, about Riki having just simple understanding. No, to begin with, he had such a high IQ unbecoming of Pets so perhaps he'd already been further schooled all this time? Though by which Jupiter, it made the other curious. "Yes. He had not transplanted you or Iason into any other preexisting body, instead, just allowed the normal function and division of your cells to take over and from it allowed the body to take shape into the form it's meant for..."

Regeneration. Then did that mean nothing was really changed about him? If so, what about Iason? Raoul provided the answer.

"But then he's Jupiter," he added. "He had not allowed his creation to be so simple as he meant you both for greater things…

"This is where I myself am baffled," he admitted. "Never have I seen cells that are both complexly organic yet in a way virtual, as if each of them had been converted to the most complicated of nanomechanical designs which in turn have been imbued with the capacity to interact with the System. Then there is the matter of your wings, and some other characteristics that had been added to your being. Things we just could not study with what simpler means we have this day and age."

"Added?" Riki shifted from where he sat on the inspection table. "And what do you mean by that: 'just could not study'?"

The Blondie replied in a rather straightforward manner, scanning through his findings in a clerical way before looking back up at the Pet. "I'm saying it's impossible.

"For some reason, we can't bank or preserve your cells even if we put them in cryostasis, making the thought of further research difficult.

"Your blood, flesh samples, and everything alike that we carve out from in you dies and rots away the moment they are extracted, as if in defence to being taken out from you, they chose to decay instantly.

"As if Jupiter never meant for you to be replicated. You cannot be cloned."

So that actually explained why throughout the check-up, a tube had stayed inserted into Riki's arm. It was to obtain fresh samples? And another thought on top of that, when Raoul said replicated, did he actually mean that the elites where planning to make copies of him or of Iason? Or was it just Raoul?

"So?" the Pet held his suspicions.

"So?" Raoul leaned in close enough it reminded Riki of Iason. He blushed without wanting to and instantly turned away, his body on automatic.

The Blondie smirked at that but straightened, as if it did not happen, "So, you must by now have an idea of how extremely special you have become.

"Iason knew of this already, as he had come in for this same check-up last week."

That made Riki look up in surprise. He didn't know that his lover had gone in for these examinations; he had not told him! Or was it that Iason intended for Riki to find out on his own that way it was easier for him to cope with it?

Raoul further emphasized. "You both...are two of a kind…

"No one else like you two exists or will ever exist in all of Amoï."

It wasn't as depressing as it needed to be though the ache he'd felt after all of it was said and done had mellowed his reactions, wanting to discuss it with Iason because there were some things he wanted to further learn about, this time, from his lover himself. And if what Raoul said was the truth, then didn't it actually mean that Tanagura had something to worry about?

If something were to happen, heaven forbid, then Iason could never really be replaced!


 Riki gave a grunt of frustration as Katron looked at him curiously. But why the hell does a mongrel like him worry shit of Tanagura? He is a Pet. These things were the troubles of elites. Then again, he considered, his only love now was an elite.

"Damn…" Riki sighed. He'd have all of eternity to discuss this with himself. That aside, there was something else that needed his attention, a concern which needed his immediate decision: "I don't have anything decent to wear!" and his wings thrashed up before sinking into the pool, water splashing, surprising Katron who, after a few seconds of confoundedness, slowly broke into peals of honest laughter when he realized what the Pet just said.

He found it hilarious…the reaction a normal thing between them now in their interactions.

"Hey, don't mock me," Riki narrowed his eyes from where he was still soaking in the pool, crossing his arms under his chin and resting his head there again.

The Furniture stopped himself, but his midsection was already hurting from all that laughter. So all this was because of that event? He was just glad it wasn't all too serious of an issue.

"This has something to do with the Pet Auction?"

Riki sighed again, letting his arms slide into the water until only his chin hung on the edge of the pool, "I don't have anything suitable for it" before he himself totally sunk in.

In a gasp of air the Pet re-surfaced with a toss of his head. Katron waited for Riki to get his bearings before responding, "But your raiment are all expensive and quite exquisite, Master. Why wouldn't any of them suit you?" he called out.

The Pet slowly pushed through the water like an elegant black swan, heading towards the edge where the stairs were, gently ascending to drag his soaked wings with him. Thanks to a month's worth of nakedness during his training days, and getting pushed to shamelessness in many a Bacchanalia previously, despite standing stark uncovered in his full beauty, he felt just fine in front of the Furniture, the latter having seen him this way countless of times anyway.

Katron automatically spread the large towel for him, but Riki refused to let himself be dried by the other, taking the soft wrap to do it himself. His wings would need at least some flying around before completely getting dried out, otherwise, they'd need all three Furniture and an hour or so. He regretted diving into the pool without retracting them.

"I just want to look extra special for Iason. But I'm at a loss. He told me to wear what I want but trouble is, I'm such a klutz at preparing for these things. I'll end up making shit out of it."

The way Riki moved told of independence that, as opposed to other pets, he could survive even without the aid of anyone. That gleam alone reminded Katron how they all saw him to be so unique and why they respected him dearly for his honest strength and infallible spirit.

Riki flicked his wings up to shake off some of the water, dropping the lengthy towel behind and holding it both ends to wrap his lower body with. Then that's when Katron saw it, the strength he had been reminded about earlier, infused in the way Riki's beautiful spine curved, in the way his back arched so gracefully. Above that was the stunning shock of dark feathers, and the refusal of his sable wings to lose their splendid gleam as they stayed beaded with moisture.

Something struck him immediately, "Master wait! Hold that stance!" and he stopped the Pet in a heartbeat.

"Ah what?" Riki did not understand it but he paused, throwing a confused glance over his shoulder at the Furniture.

Very slowly Katron smiled, his equally lovely features glowing with the blush of certainty, the familiarity of a friend.

"I think I'll be able to help. I have an idea."

Chapter 24

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

The day of the Pet Auction gripped Midas in such a splendid frenzy, the convivial atmosphere escalating into even greater festivities as the scheduled date came, carrying with it an eager tourism and an even much more eager crowd - the flaunting rich and disguised poor alike.

The phrase it had been earlier ascribed with, the Pet Auction of the Century, seemed to have taken the seat back, viewed as an understatement, as people now believe the occasion to be even more than just that, fiercely arguing that it would go down in the annals of history as one of the grandest days on the planet, not only because the Academy breeds would be making their comeback (and this alone was highly anticipated), but because of how the Capital had survived its hardest year to date, now graciously about to be showing off its newly-revived might (to the Commonwealth's displeasure) in the form of the new god who now ruled over the metallic city of Tanagura.

With that, fierce rumours had been embellished by the masses regarding Neu-Jupiter, the Blondies' Iason Mink and his elusive attendance, a form of welcome to the Elite the of Elite of Elites grandly planned, sparing no expense to celebrate his more official return to the social hierarchies...even more than when he had been first welcomed to awakening at Eos Tower Two.

The superior classes and other such dubbed members of the rich from the nearby star systems have immediately stalked to the Pleasure Quarters, with money to burn and excited hearts ready to battle in numbers the purchase of the best Pet breeds, an underlying interest to discover what was likewise the biggest mystery this side of the cosmos: Neu-Jupiter's Pet.

Everyone of course has heard wind of the mongrel story, of how a nobody once begotten from the Slums turned Tanagura's seat of power upside-down when his Blondie master refused to dispose of him after his years had expired.

Then, the silence of a year, the year when Jupiter seemed to have capitulated to destruction after a great explosion in the deepest recesses of Dana Burn struck a vital cord in his programming, though the elites had been more than stringent on keeping all this scandalous loss of power under wraps, only letting it known to the populace when Jupiter's confirmed heir was found, Jupiter likewise confirmed as dead, and, lo!, here was the missing Iason Mink, rising like a phoenix from its ashes, his Pet ascended to the godhood with him for many obvious reasons including the rumoured capacity to control the System.

The thought alone fed interests and greed, some other shady intentions forming but undoubtedly entailed the same thing: waiting for the mysterious couple to make their debut in public.

Though there would have to be some disappointment in the last minute, something coming up, and that although the Master would certainly make the ball, it seemed that his Pet's return would have to be…missed…


 

Iason Mink had long forsaken the usual bodysuit particular to their class in favour of the more grander costume the Council had months ago decreed to symbolize his Jupitership. In high boots and a long, splendid azure cape designed to purposely fall down just one shoulder, a band of the purest Aurum with the rarest inlaid stones around his head, he was now dressed like a modernized emperor, prepared to meet his audience of men, citizens, the privileged and dignitaries, politicians and elites alike from all the corners of the Star System that would be present at the Pet Auction.

But then grand and extremely handsome as he appeared, royalty amongst his own brethren, the Blondie did not feel up to par with everyone else's excitement about the gathering, not at all when Riki was in bed and was for some surprising reason…ill.

Though he looked as cool and as serene as he always was, inside, the Blondie Master was troubled.

"How is he?" he'd asked Katron for the seventh time this hour alone, as his brothers finished brushing the coat tails of his regalia, buttoning the lighter-shaded vest of his garb, straightening the chains of his cape. After putting on his gloves, they handed him his Black Master's Ring - the only other ornament he chose to wear - from where he'd placed it momentarily in a crystal keep box.

Katron mirrored the same worry Iason had, only obviously, disappointed at himself for letting this come to pass. It would always reflect badly upon the Furniture if the Pet of the House fell into some infirmity, not to mention this was no average Pet but was the Exclusive he was assigned to dote over. How could he have overlooked this?

"He's feeling better. Though he's been half-awake then asleep again the last hours," said the Furniture, careful to pick through his words but making them sincere.

The master has developed a livid intolerance when he discovered coming home that Riki was ailing. He had already snapped coldly at Kantre earlier, thrice strict than usual.

"How did this happen? How could Riki have contracted an illness? Aren't his shots and examinations all in order?"

They were. As with the custom standards for Pet Ownership, and even more because of the Council's close watch over the Exclusive, Riki was perhaps the epitome of complete health in all of Tanagura and all the planet, but then it could be that this was because of yesterday's events that he had awakened with a slight fever this morning, and a migraine that refused to leave him be.

"Well?" Iason looked at the Furniture through the glass of the large mirrors he stood in front of, still being fussed over by Kantre and Katrice who every now and then cast each other a wary eye.

The Master's anger seemed to be slowly brewing to the surface over the sudden illness that struck the Pet of the House. This was never a good thing. For any of them. It meant they had been negligent. It was unbecoming of the Furniture of Neu-Jupiter.

"Well?" the Blondie repeated impatiently.

"Master Riki fell into the Pool of the third tier in the Court yesterday after a few flight laps around, and I think that might have given him the fever."

"Why didn't you tell me sooner?"

"He made me swear to keep quiet about it. I'm sorry Master Iason, so sorry," Katron gave a deep apologetic bow, very much nervous. "I've been slack. I should've kept extra watch."

With the confession, all three Furniture waited in dread, his twins both stepping aside in fear for their brother as their Master turned to single out his Pet's personal keeper, Katron expecting to get the full blast of the Blondie's beating and was indeed prepared for the punishment due this oversight.

But instead, to their surprise, Iason just stepped down from the dressing platform and headed out, accompanied by the graceful swish of his blue cloak and the quiet click of his slightly-heeled boots. He was a marvelously tall figure in Cerulean with the very colour of power in his hair. His Furniture feared him. As they should.

He stopped at the door.

"It's all right…" Iason spoke in his usual authority, casting the slightest of glances from over his shoulder. "...just call the doctor when Riki feels worse later. He hates them, and he has to be dead or dying to see one, but I leave that matter to your discretion."

The Pet has been given his medications, and he was now resting. He would count on Katron to keep him that way at least; when he gave voice to his order, the Furniture nodded diffidently, swallowing unconsciously and biting his lip, not a word, although Katron was thankful no proceeding punishment was given. Or was the Blondie saving that for later?

Satisfied that his commands would be carried out the same way as it had always been, the Master turned and was gone, leaving the three stunned Furniture to breathe a collective sigh of relief. It was another near-scrape, the twins agreed, surrounding their brother to give him their comforting hugs, the ordeal always near-traumatic especially with a Lord such as Iason Mink…


Iason was careful not to make a sound as he opened the door through to their bedroom, now wrapped in low light as his Pet slumbered in the midst of their massive bed. The temperature had been regulated, Riki having had a bit of a shiver earlier and was now in fact wrapped between the thickness of the sheets and a couple of even thicker comforters, without a trace of wakefulness, just heaving quietly as he stayed twined in his undisturbed dreams.

The Blondie leaned over, climbing to the side of his Pet, though careful as to not wrinkle the surface of his clothes in some old habit of vanity; however, he did deem it unimportant as he was even more cautious not to wake the other.

He gave Riki a loving kiss on his soft black hair, feeling the warmth emanating from him as a sign of the fever, mingling with the scent of antiseptics Katron must be using around to keep clean.

"You hard-headed fool," said the Blondie, with much affliction in his cobalt eyes, heart troubled.

"I'll be back from the Auction early so I may hold you through the night. Wait for me," he whispered, caressing through the mop of dark hair.

Riki stirred, inhaling, only to rest back into his dreams afterwards. Iason once more bestowed a kiss upon his sleeping prince and, with a last glance back, was off and out as quietly as he had come to be the Neu-Jupiter of the populace.

Notes:

Yuri: And one of my checkers whacked me on the head for this...but believe me, it's all part of the story so, angry mob, don't chase me please. ^_^

Chapter 25

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

The turnout crowd at Midas exceeded the expected numbers first predicted by the event organisers, but was well-appreciated as this meant tons of business opportunities, the money just flooding in, all possible accommodations fully booked, the Casino packed with spending patrons and the Pleasure Quarters teeming to the brim with lovers and expectants.

Of course, much of the exodus here was attributed to the confirmed news of Iason's attendance, majority of the visitors having concentrated on Mistral Park, the venue where the sanctioned Pet Auction would be happening, a massive after-party likewise organized for when all the bidding was done.

As usual, the attendees were as exotic birds of paradise, preened like peacocks and decked with fineries, some with an impressive entourage of guards in tow, some, particularly those of the eccentric, choosing to be amongst the anonymous but still stood out with traces of hidden trinkets and the company they kept and greeted at the entry alongside the access they have been given.

But of course there are those that are not supposed to be there, those hopefuls who have slipped in through the heavily laid security, from the slums, and just like Bison and Riki of the olden days had come to see the luxury they cannot afford, the parade of grandeur that left a deep bitter taste of remorse and self-pity in their mouths, of imaginings and just that, of longing, brought about by the apparent wedge in the social status…

But they still come…to glimpse of what life is like on the other end of the spectrum, if only to feed their fancies further, especially as they'd heard that even the likes of them could earn a place in the stellar heavens of Tanagura, just as that guy whose legendary name was not only reputable in Ceres, but had become renowned even among the elites.

The mongrel who made it. He was the dark spear who stole the heart of the Blondie who would be Neu-Jupiter, the heir apparent to the riches of the world's most powerful city. Some of these new generation young ones have never even seen him, but they have heard from blabbering that he was a sight, a boy with animalistic appeal, was in fact the very charisma of the slums that made a god fumble...

As one by one the VIP vehicles fell into a line through to the red carpet, hiding mongrels and open social aristocrats alike feel in themselves that certain uneasiness, the excitement brought about by this anticipation. So the virtual progenitor of the most powerful capital had now become flesh, and his Pet, this elusive prince, would be arriving to join the fray.

Everyone was just curious, some, like the business moguls of other areas, even banking on the chance to clasp hands with the most powerful in Tanagura, hoping to win his favour.

"They're here!"

Rarely was an assemblage as grand as this, the chosen population of Blondies now known as the governing Council of Tanagura, one by one arrive in the most executive flare, golden transports picking their way through cleared and secured air space, drones and droids as well as the full force of Midas' law enforcement deployed to keep spectators at bay. Dark Men stood at every corner.

They wore their long manes free, a sign afforded with the privilege of the class, each Blondie countenance as perfect as the other, brothers who immediately found the time to converse as they waited for the rest of their kind to make their descent.

Gideon Lagat was first on the scene, having come to accompany the Academy's creations to the display cases where they would start the feasts early, dressed in signature kingly garb this time, himself forgoing the clean of bodysuits that way he may match his fellow Blondies chosen attire theme for the evening.

"Raoul…"

The Biochemist but nodded in acknowledgement, watching as the other members of their group walked out of their respective vehicles, drawing the anticipated sighs and murmurs of approval, the Blondie class most certainly a presence worthy to be called climactic of any specie anywhere, sailing through the sea of spectators with an air of power, this definite confidence.

The crowd just couldn't get enough! Even as all twelve of these so-called elite of elites finished their entrance and now discussed, other VIPs continued to swoon at their perfection, people from all walks of life and the media simply needing to watch and dog their every move.

Then he arrived…and the crowd stirred with a newfound enthusiasm…

The Blondies all turned their attention as a Platinum Black Air Limousine carefully landed a distance from where they were, four similarly-coloured though smaller vehicles cornering the impressive transport opening to divulge its contents of armies made up of mechanized droids, in full weaponed gear, the scout bots immediately flying to scan the area for any possible threats. A few minutes had to pass. Only when the strict security detail deemed it safe did the doors of the limo slide back, revealing the sole occupant inside.

The Blondies approached as Tanagura's Neu-Jupiter, Iason Mink, finally made his way out, greeted by much exuberance from the adoring crowds gathered to witness his arrival. He was met however by a surprised group of Blondies, and everyone who noticed in fact was as surprised. The Pet had not come with his Master.

"Iason, my, you're alone. I thought your Pet was coming?"

The superior Blondie gave them a bit of smile. "A malady has struck him the last minute," he replied as if it were no cause for alarm when he himself inside felt far worried about Riki.

In truth, if he could have cancelled today to be by his side, he would have, though apparently, it was a commitment he owed his brethren, and to decline the now would be undue them.

"Too bad," it was Aisha Rosen who continued with a smile, that faint glimmer of knowing in his eyes, remembering how Iason always wanted to keep Riki all to himself in his obsession. Even during the Pet's return to Eos the second time, Iason had attempted to make excuses, before moving the now-Exclusive to Apathia completely where they could be left alone. And who would have forgotten the incidents? There had been too many involving the Pet. With that though, things had always been...interesting to use Gideon's humour "This would have been his first coming out, I mean, after being declared as Neu-Jupiter's Exclusive.

"Everyone has been dying to see how he looked like now."

Ah, Iason almost forgot that not all the Blondies has had the pleasure of meeting his Pet personally, and if they have, they had not taken a much closer look at him, or had chosen not to before. At present, most of his brothers have not even seen Riki in his new form and that he, as Riki's Master, also kept his Pet quite aloof and literally covered.

It's a known fact since they themselves monitor it, that the Pet has not even left the Palace in Eos Tower Two despite being allowed to by his Exclusive status. There were likewise but only a handful of instances when he had gone out, for check-ups and his branding, the latter was witnessed by none of the elites, just a minority of the Blondie class, that episode in the lobby even conducted from under the cover of a hood and cape that fell all the way to Riki's feet.

A malady? Raoul meanwhile appeared most incredulous though he did answer Aisha, "I guarantee he is exquisite" as he knew this to be accurate. Riki had been changed tremendously, Jupiter having refined his magnetism that even he had stared at it, shockingly. He turned an eye of doubt to Iason however.

"But is he really ill?" asked the Biochemist.

With Raoul's familiarity of the Jupiter Lovers' anatomy and construction, he knew it to be highly improbable for any of the two to contract whichever disease. Both Riki and, yes, Iason had been made by the old god incapable for sickness, thus, whatever it was that was ailing the Pet could most certainly be an illness of another kind.

"Maybe he's just a bride having cold feet?"

This made Iason laugh. "Maybe.

"But then the Furniture told me he'd fallen into one of the pools and was soaked all day yesterday.

"He is really unwell," he defended.

All the Blondies laughed at the idea. Some still never believed it, casting the notion as pretext nevertheless kept light humour about it. They had gotten used to Iason's perplexities. He was always one to constantly manipulate things to his will. He always broke the laws even if they had been etched in the hardest Lutetium.

"Very well," Gideon smiled, shaking his head. "Shall we?"

There was no use delaying the proceedings any further, seeing as Neu-Jupiter had already arrived. So with the entourage made up of his fellow Blondies on either side of him, Iason Mink, strode gallantly into the venue to witness the unfolding events, dressed in the best shades of blue that he indeed was set apart from even them…

Notes:

Yuri: I sooo agree with Raoul... *type* *type* *type*

Chapter 26

Notes:

Yuri: Someone actually told me it would be awesome if Riki got kidnapped while Iason was in the Pet Auction. Well, interesting...but I won't revise this part. I did play with the idea for a while though, but the plot swerved a full 180 like those 'Choose your own adventure' books I used to read in high school where you always ended up dead. So scratch that. (laughs) Enjoy.

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

Just when everyone at the Pet Auction thought the great Iason Mink would be by himself for the night, a black-gold vehicle slightly altered in its appearance compared to the limousine Neu-Jupiter exited from much earlier, carefully landed itself outside, escorted by three other Aircars of the same colour, occupied by the same horde of synthetic guards, an entire army of them, executing a similarly well-organized scheme of defence, albeit it was more efficient, more profound...

The hangers-on at the entrance were first to make a buzz, something which immediately washed into the venue, making Iason himself wonder as to why a commotion of whispers was erupting from the crowd, people pointing and eyeing towards the main of all entrances, the entire palazzo in Mistral at Midas stalled.

A stranger clad in black velvet was making his way into the venue, a rather graceful figure on the blood carpet, flocked by security, his own dashing Furniture just a short distance beside, dressed in a double-breasted vest of the House's signature gold, holding his Master's hand both as a means of leading and supporting him as his fever had just broken. He was not supposed to be here yet, but then he had been too persistent, and who was the Furniture to tell him otherwise?

He was tight all over, the bare-back top doing nothing but show off such finely-chiselled features, his rock-hard muscles complementing his determined eyes, smooth hair and expensive regalia hand-chosen to match his astounding beauty. It was actually a pampered pet who had arrived, unlike any ever seen to walk Tanagura, and he was none other than Jupiter's own…

"I feel like a bird in a cage," whispered Riki to Katron, noting the intrigued glances cast his way as he went forward deeper into the venue, some manner of excitement exploding from this or that arched corner as he passed them by.

"You look striking Master," Katron all but smiled, which was no lie. It was the reason why so many people just couldn't help but stare as his Master progressed through to the very inside of the site.

The Furniture took quiet pride in the effort he had put to deck his Lord in such fineries, enough to be confident that all the other pets even those in the auction would be cast in the shadows by the end of the night, especially when he at last delivers this amazing specie of gorgeousness to the throne where he is to sit, right beside Neu-Jupiter himself.

With a theme of black and silver in mind, the Furniture had chosen nothing but the best, the rarest and most expensive, the choicest in venerable lengths, everything to make Tanagura's Master Riki a sight to behold, not that he needed it. His silken skin and flawlessness - save for the noticeable love bites here and there - called for little to no extra work at all. In fact, his black hair had been too soft that the Trinity all voted that it would be a transgression to brush it all back and secure it with chemicals, deciding instead to use the same band, this time, black unlike that of their Master Iason's, to adorn the Pet's head as a crowning piece.

"This way, my Lord," Katron directed.

Upon entering, the whole congregation seemed to have gasped in unison. Riki saw his reflection in the mirror before he left their Eos Palace, was curious even and certainly excited to see just how far he would make other people respond, but this, this was quite overwhelming. All eyes were fixated on him, enough that he blushed rather uncharacteristically, though thank goodness his Furniture had nudged him the right way.

"Master Riki...Master Iason is on the VIP balcony up front," whispered the younger doll and Riki's eyes immediately shot up, seeing his lover from where he was amongst the members of the Syndicate-or-Council, a debonair of an aristocrat himself in his tight blue clothes, his noble appearance and demeanour, though not a faint trace of smile played on his lips as he all but noticed Riki the instant the latter walked in.

The Pet wondered how Iason saw him now. Hopefully it was a good impression. Though based on the way everyone stalled, even the other members in attendance were impressed.

"Looks like he wanted to be here after all, Iason," Orphe commented, leaning over, a hand on the shorter rails of the decorated balcony, utterly speaking on everyone's behalf.

The superior Blondie kept quiet, inwardly amused, looking at Riki as if this was the first time he had ever seen him. So completely beautiful. Tightness from top until the very bottom. Iason wondered who put the ensemble together…

Katron had chosen an elegant pair of soft leather pants to curve around Riki's pelvis, cut lower than usual to make souls wonder as it appeared to be too constricting for any underwear for sure: not even a thong would do…Iason could practically see the junctures heading to his Pet's member between perfectly-sculpted legs, the appendage itself emphasized, as if the mere arousal of it would rip the fabric of the attire completely.

The top was a rare-weave made of black gold threads, cut to a triangle that wound around the back to clasp just beneath his pectorals, fastened by the thinnest of chains, bare to purposely show off his skin and endless skin, cut higher up front to reveal a work-of-art in hard abs and trained muscles. The Jupiter Mark was left obvious as it should be...the mark of his Exclusivity as were the other marks left on by Iason during their lovemaking, confirming what other people already knew to be happening between them.

These were marks that had never actually left Riki's skin from the beginning…

Then silk. It appeared to be a lengthy drape, replacing chains as the ends were clasped by black platinum circles around the Pet's wrists, dropping to the back like some splendid train, the idea obtained when the Pet held the towel near the pool in the same careless fashion…

The Blondie Master was curious to know, this part of the ensemble, was it a sign of some form of acceptable confinement? Coupled with the thought that although his Pet had all of freedom, he still chose to be here willingly, voluntarily...no collar by which to lead him with present it appeared.

Riki seemed to have resigned to his fate, was more open to it and more contented. No matter. Iason could not be happier himself as he continued to look his beloved over.

High boots with straps, as equally dark, where has the Pet been keeping these? Riki even had jewels on: an arm bracelet resembling an old Earth cross, intricate studs to one ear, and rope upon rope of black diamonds, strung with darker rubies to the silken train of his outfit. A show of grandeur. Who was Riki trying to impress? Was this all for him?

They all waited, for something.

Everyone's breath seemed to have been caught as the Lord and his notoriously unyielding Pet locked eyes, anxiety near-exploding as the people and other humanoid visitors alike around them waited for any form of reaction, if the Exclusive's decision to come here all by himself that is, would be acceptable behaviour from his master. Even the other Pets present were stunned. Most felt rather envious as the Blondie's attention was commanded by no one else but this one

Riki was beginning to worry, knowing that he had succumbed to some manner of illness earlier within the day and certainly had surprised Iason now, though Katron assured him, "He's enjoying this, Master," whispering some other little bits of notice.

The Furniture was rather correct in his sentiments as Iason was intensely pleased, and ultimately, was as intensely proud though he'd been good at keeping it in the wraps. His heart actually sung in his ears, soaring in pure delight though he'd held that detail by its reins and kept it at bay...for now.

So Riki in his current state could stop a grand assemblage and shock people. He could carry himself in any crowd. What's more is that his beauty overthrew everyone else's present, his natural air of defiance enticing as he balanced an impatient hand on his hip, frowning rather seductively, proof of the very nature that surrendered to no one else but he, Iason Mink. Only he had the power over this amazing creature chosen by the old Jupiter.

The Blondie finally smiled, rising from his seat to everyone's attention only to extend a hand, palm open, to the being below.

He beckoned, "Come here Pet."

Riki gave a quiet sigh of relief, taking that as a sign that he had done this right this time and as Katron had instructed, letting him go, proceeded to play a part of obedience, the same way the Furniture played his own with a bow, moving back and ordering the guards to retreat. The Pet was safe. This was it. His younger master would commit to the role they had planned, and from here on end will seduce the populace with the idea of his master's power…

With a few steps forward, Riki took the spotlight, stealing it completely when he arched his back gracefully, a majestic expression on his face and - to the entire crowd's surprise - unfurled his dark wings. The feathers were a surprise, opening beautifully on either side of him, the purpose of his top clothing's design further uncovered.

Magnificent. Seraphims no matter how much the cost they put into it for the Auctions, could never receive such extraordinary blackness, the effort to make them such a colour never ever achieved even with DNA manipulation.

Seraphims' wings were always white for some reason, unlike his, which were as black as pitch yet slick like a raven's.

So the rumours were true. The Blondie Iason's former mongrel of a Pet was transformed into such an exquisite being under his protection…

The Pet's wings was the handiwork that Katron was most proud of, him and his brothers painstakingly putting in all their efforts to braid the special gossamers through each feather, completing the freshly-watered look of the wings which now glistened as if it had been sprayed by stars.

Katron, when he was tasked to do an inventory earlier in the week, found spools of these exquisite threads in the treasure vaults of the Palace. They were engineered silver, made to look like those delicate strings spun of spiders, every inch or so decorated with a small bead of flat diamond that's been fused to the said strings, making them appear, if the venerable lengths were ever connected, to be a web sprinkled by an early morning's dew.

The Furniture got this idea when the Pet rose from the pool yesterday, his wings kissed by the water, causing Katron to think in the instant that if they could replicate this effect, the wings would become even more breathtaking.

He was right. The threads themselves were indestructible and are hard to cut without the aid of lasers, so they will adhere to the design throughout their use, only the triplets knowing where exactly to loosen the entire web to get them undone.

Riki at first wondered if it was possible to tuck the wings in despite being stringed with the gossamers, unbreakable though fragile they appeared, but surprisingly enough, once the ornamentation stuck to his feathers, they slipped in as easily with them, as if they were part of the wings themselves, appearing intact even as he retracted then unfurled them over and over…

The Blondies were all impressed, but those who knew about what was to happen next were certain that the crowd has not seen anything yet. Riki was in the mood to show them some more so with a flap, two, his feet left the ground as he was lifted gently upwards by the very wings now protruding from his back. The crowd was an echoing mass of murmurs, gasps, the gust the powered extensions produced ruffling them into awe: "He can fly!" and were swayed to astonishment like so.

Yes. It was something Seraphims were not capable of but Riki could achieve all but effortlessly. He loved flying as much as racing now, the speed the one that got him hence enamoured, as with the heights allowed of him. For tonight however, much careful control and calculation was needed as he didn't want to rise any higher than where he was intending to be. Which was Iason's balcony.

Riki eased to a stop just as he reached the place where the superior Blondie stood, spreading his wings and displaying their marvelous span so as to cushion the halt, the light curiously catching the diamonds in the strings weaved through his sable feathers and making them glisten in a wave from the base of the wings to the tips at a clap. For a second he hovered, before reaching a hand to accept his master's extended invitation.

He was welcomed with Iason's full smile as he gently descended to terra firma.

"So you were aiming for a grand entrance?"

Riki shrugged as his beloved enfolded him. "You did say you were going to show off; I figured might as well."

Gideon laughed behind them with a remark, "Your dear one loves a challenge Iason!" which everyone heard, making the Pet blush on cue again, simply adorable. Iason just shook his head.

Leaning in, he felt for Riki's forehead with his own, "You're a bit warm. Are you sure you're all right?"

"Been better, but as long as I am with you, I know I'll be okay."

Then to Iason's surprise, Riki held out the one thing that was missing in the equation of his pethood, from where, the Master had no idea, though the thing had been clasped at his hip the whole time. It was the notorious collar, the black leash and its chain which, with a saddened face, the Exclusive bared his neck for and waited.

There was another pause for the moment, silence, before the Blondie took the lead, frowning at it himself and...merely dropping the implement to the floor. Everyone was shocked. Even Riki did not hide his reactions.

'Shouldn't I be collared?' his face seemed to ask.

"You won't need it," the Blondie smiled at his Pet. "Aren't we on a date?"

Again, that uncharacteristic blush. But just as Riki was to turn his head away, the Master stopped him, firm fingers holding that chin in place. He wanted the Pet to look him right in the eyes, at the desire just swimming beneath the surface. Iason wanted him to feel just what exclusive really meant and what belonging to him was all about. No collar though was necessary now to prove that.

Their lips met, Iason's possessive arms pulling Riki intimately close enough to make him moan lowly into the Blondie's mouth, the Master's hand running to finally still on top one of his buttocks where Riki could feel his slight squeeze there.

Hot, hot, hot...there was such a fatal attraction, an undeniable lust, a love there that weakened the Pet's knees as he honestly melted into that connection. He opened to it as his Master probed, and they stayed locked for a minute before the latter let him go.

Riki was breathless, quickly burying his face into Iason's shoulder after the kiss.

"Hold me," he panted quietly. The Blondie chuckled and nuzzled his hair.

"Let's sit, my love," and he guided them both down onto the VIP seat behind, a large half-cut circle which could be occupied by three but was better for two. Blood Red and silver…

Iason flicked the side of his cape open, inviting his beloved in which the latter took and sat right on down, grateful that he could rest as he had suddenly felt woozy. Indeed, he was still feeling poorly, but because he couldn't stand breaking the date with his Master, insisted he come and did. Gladly there was the Blondie's hand that had aided him, and there was likewise Katron. He had the Furniture to thank.

Gideon took that as his cue, nodding to the Auctioneers below. He urged his hosts to proceed as the crowd excitedly settled, the Council taking their seats behind, beside and around them, the show Riki put up dressing their minds with even more confidence than already was. This is Tanagura's Exclusive, and they were not afraid to confirm it to the world.

The ruby-headed hosts on the platform cleared their throats, themselves caught in the moment but then reminding themselves that the Auction must go on, "Well, isn't that a rather breathtaking display? Master Jupiter, we should say, what a stunningly dazzling Pet."

Iason gave them a sly nod, a small smile of approval for the observation, Riki sharing his happiness as he snuggled to his Blondie, feeling elated that he was able to pull the stunt off despite some obvious difficulties. He felt a possessive arm circle, pulling him closer and he obeyed.

"Let's begin the Auction! I guarantee that although you wouldn't find a Pet with the same bravura as the Exclusive, you'll find our stunning series of the finest pedigrees to at least come close to such high standard!" and the first black-haired Pet was brought out, in a decorated crystal tube.

This surprised Riki.

Gideon leaned in from his seat just behind Iason and whispered, "Our finest raven-haired pets. Surprisingly, it was rather difficult to achieve that sheen for their black hair; we made tons of blunders.

"Not to worry. They don't come anywhere close to the figura of your Exclusive."

The other Blondie tapped Iason's shoulder in a congratulatory manner, eyeing Riki though the latter scarce noticed. Neu-Jupiter was well aware about this triumph of course, he'd been informed of the Academy's attempts to breed these rare Blacks. But he'd long paid no mind even as he was shown their outrageous loveliness, their haughty stares of no charm that he craved. To him, any other pet would be unsatisfying by comparison to his own.

He watched however as Riki's expression changed from slight stun to sadness before he asked him, "Why that face my love?"

"They're...all beautiful..." the Pet admitted, sounding somewhat defeated as the hosts iterated how refined the first dark Pet's mane was, of black gold in quality, the engineering achieving only seven others like him ever manufactured and all to be entirely pure of blood.

"Are you threatened?" Iason lifted Riki's face. "The option of obtaining a new Pet is no longer a possibility..." he drew their lips close and breathed. "Not when I have eyes only for you."

They shared another long, deep kiss, the Blondie flicking his tongue into his Pet's willing mouth as the numbers began rising for the first Academy Pet being auctioned, the mania to obtain it coming from the crowd brought about by the presence of the only other notable Pet in the VIP seats. But senseless, all this. It didn't really matter somehow.

Iason only released Riki when the Pet was already breathless, when he was entirely satisfied that the other was no longer distracted by what was happening or by the participants or by the other under-classed pets. The Exclusive will be on a league all his own from tonight onwards. This Riki will come to understand and accept, even if it meant he had to pound it into his very marrow once more.

Content, the Blondie stretched his arms to rest on the curve of the furnishing, leaning back, crossing his legs as his beloved lounged beside him, surprising the whispering Blondies as he folded his wings and cast them low behind him in a manner of obsequiousness he wasn't really famous for, a servile compliance brought about more in actuality by his feverish state than the real feeling of it, arching up to the Blondie, hand and head rested on his master's chest.

A beauty in night blackness, completely in contrast with the powerful Neu-Jupiter. They painted a magnificent portrait that the patrons kept stealing glances towards.

Katron, with full privilege and standing, has eased in to stand a distance to the side of them, before approaching and leaning down to offer the tray he was now carrying, decorated with a bottle and two golden-rimmed goblets.

"Vintage sent from Sir Katze, Master Iason," the Furniture spoke.

"Excellent. Some fine wine..." the Blondie retorted, taking one of the goblets and eyeing himself on the glass.

He could see his Pet with that lovely, heated expression on his face. What remained of the fever had become a lovely flush on his face. "Some fine wine" and he toasted, before bending in again to capture his Pet's lips with his own, very pleased at the outcome of everything so far.

Katron settled the tray on the small table floating beside the chair. Upon the Blondie's orders, he stayed nearby to serve, head proud and in his usual top behaviour, having already picked up the leash and collar to tidy aside and now once again in attention to complete any further tasks that might require his care though silently, just silently, feeling as satisfied for a job well done…


He had been eyeing the magnificent couple for the last few instances now, ever since Riki made his rather dramatic entrance and up to now when the Pet had taken seat beside his doting Master. So the two are out, he signalled his comrades with a call, proceeding to the exit of the venue in order to begin the next phase of their plan...a plan to eliminate Tanagura's Neu-Jupiter.

"Neu-Jupiter...the god..." the name had an intense and rather humbling ring to it that even someone like him felt chills, especially when met with the very image of the most powerful Blondie in Tanagura. The unnamed antagonist however, laughed to himself. "...not for long…"

Notes:

Yuri: *with a grin* and you thought he wasn't coming...I jest... ^_^

Next chapter: Katron. For those who ever wondered what the Furniture's design really is all about.

Chapter 27

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

Riki was personally escorted by Iason into a room when the Blondie had noticed the Pet was feeling faint, and indeed, he had fallen asleep short of an half hour since he entered the suite, waking up to see Katron now come in and accompanied him, likewise asleep on the couch nearby, a doll in the quiet, could be easily mistaken for one of Lanaya Hugo's forbidden sex creations now that he was observing him closely.

For some reason Riki was feeling better, as if the sickness had completely left him, though he was yet to remember that this was one of the things Raoul had pointed to him during his examinations, that his body was capable of fast healing and that no illness, be they existing or yet to be created in the future (at least in Raoul's theories), would affect him.

The Pet rose to his feet, finding the strength had returned to his legs as if he'd never been sick to begin with.

That was fast, he smiled, stretching some more to clear the sleep out of his system, arms reaching upward.

As he extended his arms, he noticed that the silk he'd worn around his wrists was gone, finding that the Furniture had already removed the accessory and dutifully folded it on top the side table, placing it alongside the rest of the other jewelries he was decorated with, carefully laid in the boxes they were brought out of back in the Palace.

Upon careful inspection, the door had been locked from the inside, whether it was Katron's conscious decision or by Iason's order, the Pet did not know. He was thankful however to have been afforded some peace and quiet despite the earlier rush and bustle...

When they had descended the balconies after the last of the Pet breeds were sold and carted off, the other attendees had flocked to them, as led by Iason with Riki in hand, the other petless Blondie elites surrounding them congregated with the rest of the crowd for the after-party. Everyone seemed utterly interested to congratulate Neu-Jupiter that Gideon immediately called for security to keep these well-wishers - never mind who they were or what position they held - at bay.

Of course everyone noticed the possessive arm Iason had extended, taking Riki carefully under his wing, mindful to caution the Pet who'd lifted his splendid feathers up as slowly but safely they and the Council were led to the separate venue of the ball.

It was a high-class affair, and Riki was a standout, not only because he was the only Pet in all the venue, not to mention the only one to be seated in the table with the Tanagura Blondies, but because he was most beautiful in his garb, wings and defiant eyes only serving to enhance his astonishingly enchanting features. He was a black mass in a sea of colours, of citizens.

People had stopped to ask exactly what Jupiter had done to refine him to such an extent, but Iason, a master who would not kiss and tell, merely smiled at the attention lavished upon them…

A Seraphim most definitely not, Riki was described by the crowd in a myriad of deviant adjectives such as 'the Dark One' (which reminded the Pet of his old moniker as 'Riki the Dark' in the Black Markets), 'Jupiter's Beloved', 'the Blessed' and 'the Exalted' which was a spin off his Exclusive title, now gaining popularity amongst the other guests as they seemed to deem this latter pseudonym of better esteem.

There were others, but the Pet had complained of an ache in his head as he sat there beside his Master, an alerted Iason immediately leading him away from the noisy gaieties to a room he had the organizers prepare, leaving Riki with a kiss to feeling better.

The Blondie would be surprised. Riki is feeling better now…

The Furniture stirred when he felt the Pet was up, "Master? How are you feeling?" and Katron could only be so worried.

Riki immediately stopped him from standing.

"Go back to sleep Katron," he said. "You've been taking care of me since late yesterday. You must be very tired."

"But Master…"

The Pet assured him, a clear expression in those obsidian eyes that told how he was already feeling well. The Furniture was relieved somehow, though the look on his own face spoke of his intentions to fuss over Riki's well-being again. The Pet stopped him once more.

"I'm okay Katron, please, you don't need to bother."

It took some time to convince the Furniture to let him out unaccompanied, but finally, Riki was now walking the short stretch of corridor that connected the room to the ball where he knew all of Midas had gathered, although Katron had insisted to get him into a second change of clothes and accessories before letting him march out...

The Pet now wore a different top made entirely of black lace which covered only the front of his chest all the way to his navel, clasped in two places - one by the nape and the other just above the base of his spine, above the Jupiter Mark which pretty much still left his lower midriff exposed. Then Katron had an idea to wrap the silk from his wrists around his pelvic area instead to make a loose skirt which fell behind him like a grand cape, but was way too long so he decided to taper its ends the last minute, turning the trailing portions into a silk rose which easily slipped into an arm bracelet to make another one of those lengthy scarves, swept to one side, keeping it out of the way while still effecting a beautiful little drama to the costume…

Katron...  Riki could only smile at his ingenuity, really.

A final check to see if his appearance was all right and the Pet once again unfurled his hidden wings, like a mantle of pride, the gossamer still strong as they weaved elegantly through every feather, purposeful ornaments that garnered as much curiosity. He stepped through the doors which already slid open for him.

Eyes immediately turned as the Exclusive came out of his hold, folding his obedient wings like a gallant fan behind him and letting the pair tail again like a thick, black cloak on the carpeted floor.

Such magnificence, was what they'd whispered, strangers parting to give the Exclusive way as the Pet looked around for any signs of his lover…

The Pet had about him that air of non-conformity, uninterested and not stopping in his stride, snubbing even the aristocrats and rich-heads and politicians, though in plain truth, he was too unfamiliar to bother with all these titles, the formalities and also the faces that entailed them. Not that he needed to trouble himself. The only designation Riki should fully know about was Neu-Jupiter, his Master, and the Exclusive which was his own. Now if he could only find the table. He had not noticed that the ballroom was ridiculously large…

Damn, where'd Iason go?

"Pet."

The casual sobriquet wafted, the voice speaking sounding very much like his Iason although as he turned, the face which broke through the crowd was the smiling face of a different Blondie, Gideon Lagat's, to the Exclusive's disappointment.

"Are we lost?" asked the Man, engaging the Pet in short chatter as he made his way to his side. "Feeling better?"

But beggars can't be choosers. It was a familiar presence nonetheless in the sea of luxuriously-clad yet superficially shallow strangers, and Riki was quietly relieved.

"I'm looking for Iason," the Pet replied, eyeing him with a bit of apprehension, his typical reaction to basically anyone in Iason's class.

He just didn't trust any of his Master's brethren, not a single one had the decency built for it, and if he recalled correctly, this one in front of him now was the one whose wicked sense of humour ticked him off since the beginning. He'd only talked to him once after his waking and that too had been an irksome incident altogether.

"It's wrong for Neu-Jupiter's beautiful Exclusive to be alone without his Master. Come," but Gideon only offered him his hand this time. "I'll take you to him."

The Exclusive glowered at that extended hand before he accepted, but not without the slightest of visible hesitations and a flicker of annoyance, cementing the fact that he would be the only Pet who could actually refuse a Blondie when he wanted to, maybe even rebut Iason Mink though it was a known fact he couldn't resist the other for too long once his touches landed.

Gideon guided him through the crowd like a knight the rest of the guests swooned over, head up and proud to be escorting such a fine Pet. All the Blondies looked specially dashing tonight, enough to prompt most to wonder if this was so they could match the Neu-Jupiter couple, Riki and Gideon in his company easily complementing.

"You've done me such great honour. But you seem to despise me, I can tell," remarked the Blondie.

"Only because I remember you to be such an asshole," Riki spoke without stopping the words, true to his feelings and the memories that made him reach the conclusion.

His eyes drifted about, noting how the generous windows opened the outside in, could recall that once before he had been standing out there looking in, with Luke, Sid, Norris, Guy and, yes, even Kirie. He remembered Bison all of the sudden. How would it have been like if they saw him now? He was the very opposite of what he'd fought then. The only difference now was that he was besotted, enslaved to Iason's love.

"Ah, I see the old god has not tinkered with your blooming personality. But that's understandable: imagine how bored Iason would be if you no longer scuffed and fought."

"And what does that mean?"

When they reached someplace in the inner halls, under the vaulted cathedralesque ceilings, Gideon gestured towards the direction of a convivial crowd, where Iason had been socializing with other elites, but immediately noticing his Pet through the multitude, and gestured for Riki to come to him. The other Blondie obliged, again guiding the gorgeous Exclusive to his beloved, still by the hand.

Riki's wings swished and shuffled gracefully as they walked past the astonished visitors, the threads still glinting with the stellar of its design.

Gideon could very much appreciate the effort put into clothing the Pet with such affluence: for Riki continued to shine as a diamond without flaw or imperfection, his original background as a petty slum mongrel no longer the attribute that defined his being. The Blondie still wanted to test that however, and Gideon stopped halfway to where Iason was waiting.

"Such wings. And you can fold them as a moth's…" he inspected. "I wonder if there be a flame that would entice you to burn them?"

Riki didn't like the tone of those words.

He frowned, though the other continued, "They make you quite beautiful yet…" he trailed off and bent in to whisper to Riki's ear the rest of the statement. "A pet will always be a pet. Ever thought what would happen if Iason got fed up with you?"

Riki did not fully understand what the other had meant by those words, but he tasted the malice in them that it instantly made him recoil. He let go of the hand. He scowled further at Gideon who all but smiled in a Blondie's characteristic calm.

"Ah, Iason," the superficial greeting when his Master sauntered over out of impatience, also noting the clear annoyance marking his beloved's face even before he'd noticed the change of accoutrements. He eyed Gideon who merely laughed, "Don't leave your dearest alone; others may not be able to help themselves, Iason."

And with the innuendo thick in the air, he left to be greeted by the other guests, sharing his humour and enchantment elsewhere, leaving the couple to each other. The Pet still kept on glaring after the other Blondie even as he'd disappeared through the congregation, a bitter hate of sorts rising to the back of his mouth.

If this had been at home, he'd punch his lights out. That was something he knew he could do now quite easily, his newfound graces including a change in strength to match these other monsters…

Iason on the other couldn't help but notice the visible aversion as he moved to corner his Exclusive in his arms, lifting Riki's chin so his eyes met with his eyes.

"You seem to have recovered," said the Blondie. "What's the matter? Did Gideon say anything to displease you?" then came the inevitable kiss, the dancers and busy-bodies stopping to note or ogle at the display.

Iason had been kissing Riki all night and unblushingly at that, open with his affections and displaying them rather fondly.

Riki did not mention any more, instead just asked, "Can we get out of here? I'm getting tired of these things."

"A beautiful proposition coming from someone so enticing," indeed, the Blondie could imagine where this would all end up once they got home, but Iason was not in the mood to go just yet, no matter how he's been aching to have Riki all to himself again and, again, to make him cry out in blind pleasure.

He still had a matter to attend to before this night was done. Iason smiled at him.

Before Riki could protest or decline, before he gave him another witty remark about the unimportance of all this, he took his Pet by the hand as he wrapped his other arm around his waist and commanded them both to the floor.

"Oblige me? With a dance?" said the Master as the music of a familiar waltz wafted, the crowd gathering in pairs around what's easily the couple of the evening, murmurs extending to the farthest reaches of the gathering, even to those unable to get in due to the sheer staggering number of other more important attendees. The Blondies themselves were waiting to see what was to happen, seeing as the two had not joined their ranks after Gideon left them there.

"But I don't know how to dance. I don't dance," Riki frowned, whispering, fearing he'll make a mockery of himself. Nevertheless, Iason simply held him in place.

"Oh but you do my love," declared Neu-Jupiter. "You'd be surprised at just what you've learnt in the year that we were asleep."

Booking no further arguments, Iason directed his Pet to the very centre of the dancers and to Riki's surprise, as soon as they'd started, he found that he knew just how to proceed, following the Master's lead with no effort, as if he had done this before in a dream, dancing with Iason.

They made such a graceful couple, the Pet able to manoeuvre even his train of wings as they swayed to the song of violins and other stringed instruments of old, the Exclusive discovering that he actually loved the sound of these boring things as much as he enjoyed the music made by the more popular synthesizers of the age.

And the superior Blondie kept drawing him near, whispering sweet nonsenses into his ear, the other hand making little caressing movements down his back, making him shiver. When he tipped Riki over, he followed his arch, running just the tip of his nose down his Pet's neck and making the other sigh delightfully...

Sometimes, the Blondie actually sung the lyrics to a few of the love songs the grand orchestra played, making his Exclusive chuckle, surprised that the other actually had the gentler voice for this, drunk on the divine love they shared which the other elites, let alone the selected few of the Blondies, could not grasp.

Then Iason surprised his beloved, requesting for a particular number, an ancient Earth song to be played by the flock of romantic instruments, the Master to privately croon the missing words into his Pet's hearing as the latter wondered how in the world the Blondie knew of this. 214 was amongst his favourites from that lost civilization…

"I asked Katron," Neu-Jupiter winked before beginning the verses:

'Am I real?

Do the words I speak before you make feel

That the love I've got for you will see no ending?

Well if you look into my eyes then you should know

That you have nothing here to doubt, nothing to fear

And you can lay your questions down cause if you'll hold me

We can fade into the night and you'll know'

…the Blondies grimaced as the two stayed dancing and flirting, courting it seemed in the midst of all the other elegant dancers, the trace of their calculative brother still there with his composure intact throughout but alight with this unusual glow...the glow of his affections for the Pet he held so closely…

'The world would die and everything may lie

Still you shan't cry

'Cause time may pass

But longer than it'll last

I'll be by your side'

was this love? they all wondered, seeing that Iason had never been so truly contented in the world but when it was like this, with his Riki. They also wondered if this was the very same face Jupiter saw that day, enough that in his dwindling moments, the old god finally gave his blessings to the two?...

'Take my hand

And gently close your eyes so you could understand

That there's no greater love tonight than what I've for you

Well if you feel the same way for me then let go

We can journey to a garden no one knows

Life is short my darling tell me that you love me

So we can fade into the night and you'll know'

"I truly cannot understand this," Raoul spoke more to himself, something the overhearing Gideon secretly agreed upon…

Yes. It was truly confounding. In fact, he had not realized it yet but he had been staring in complete and utter misery, may deny this as much as he liked if he was confronted with it, at the couple who swirled so gracefully around the ballroom. As if the night was made for them and in an odd way, it was…

He turned away. He looked down upon the glass of wine before him but could still see the couple's form in the wine reflecting, not only his brother, but that of the Pet's. Who would have thought Riki had such a startling smile?

Aisha noted Gideon's reactions but without a tinge of worry from where he sat opposite him. Trouble brewing. He's seen this look before years ago, in Iason…

'The world could die and everything may lie

Still you shan't cry

'Cause time may pass

But longer than it'll last

I'll be by your side

Forever by your side'

For Riki it was a celebration of the truth, of the love they both felt, and of being 'reborn' into this happiness. As if nothing could stop them now. He ran his fingers through Iason's celestial hair as the latter let the song finish itself in their minds, in their hearts…and the kiss they shared had never been sweeter…

'I want you to know

The world could lie

And everything may die

Still you shan't cry

'Cause time may pass

And everything won't last

I'll be by your side

Forever by your side

Forever by your side

So you won't cry'


A gentler love song began to sweep through in the background and it looked like there would be no end to it, no end to the romance as Iason now had his Pet's head laid to his chest, hand-in-hand and fingers twined as they continued to dance, Riki listening to the Blondie's heart beat as he hummed with a smile the lower rhythm of the theme. The lights had been dimmed to further the effect of the holographic fairytale of falling stars, so utterly lovely, as lovely as the moment they were sharing now.

But little did they know that the night wouldn't last quite as long as they would have wanted…

Elsewhere, Katron had just stepped out of the suite after packing everything off, to an empty balcony overlooking the ballroom, but immediately sensing that something was wrong, eyes fading to a shade of cat-like red, the signature of Karinese empathy at work, scanning over the mass. Only one thing came to his mind and his body instantly reacted, a tide of genetically-enhanced hormones and programming rushing and he could not prevent it.

His head spun, threatening to topple him over.

Danger.

The Furniture's head snapped up and, as he raised his hands to his face, he could see them shaking, entirely out of his control. He caught sight of his Masters below and he heard himself growl lowly in a voice that was not his own! He was transforming even before he could stop it! He grasped at the rails and they crumbled under his fingertips!

…danger…

"Danger…masters…

"DANGER!"

Notes:

Yuri: Surprisingly, I found one of those old school cassette tapes in a box up the attic today and they still worked! You can say it was left here years ago by a cousin and how the song (mentioned in this chapter) was one that I loved listening to. So to my Filipino readers, yes, it is 214 and damn I have it stuck in my head I downloaded an mp3 version. To those who will be asking, yes, the title of the song is 214. Why 214? "Am I Real"...go figure, hehe.

Thanks much cuz. Hope to visit or come home completely (yeah, she reads this story).

Other notes: *spoiler*how do you guys like a love triangle between Blondies? Won't that be fun? Not confirming, not denying. I'm still thinking about it! Guy still lurks in the background of my story after all. I wouldn't want to do his fans injustice...

Speaking, apologies to Katron's fans too. Just had to cut this short, I did another 3.5k-plus in the word count department and originally I was planning all shorter chapters for Cinco. But I end up writing longer and longer chapters each time. ^_^

Chapter 28

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

The lights went out.

An echoing darkness consumed the venue all too abruptly that the crowd gasped in unison, the ladies and their gentlemen suddenly pushed into each other's arms, surprised. A lockdown was initiated.

Iason stopped to pull Riki closer as the crowd churned into distress, someone screaming in the background, "Get the lights!" before all the steel shutters fell with a resounding 'boom!' across the venue, locking everyone in, immediately sending the visitors into heavier panic as the ball dissolved into a menacing dark.

"Iason…"

"Shh…don't move," the Blondie steadied him. "Fold your wings close, Pet. Don't let them touch the floor…"

Outside, the organizers had become frantic, the monitoring security of Mistral in office elsewhere unable to determine the cause of the sudden disruption, discovering that someone had managed to hack into the hall's virtual defences, getting hold of the shields while managing to disconnect power to the location altogether, leaving the entire area without communication to the outside, vulnerable and helpless.

Everyone scattered, in the same way alarmed, deploying forces to take down the now-sealed doors in a crude effort to get to the guests trapped within

Unbeknownst to them, the culprit was nearby but leaving the location as he had already accomplished his mission. It's his benefactors' turn to do their part. It was to be a stealthy execution. Their forces would go in, make the kill and disappear. The troop was supposed to be the best, Silent Death as they were dubbed in other planets across the Garan and even Karin Star Systems.

It would be fun to watch, thought the hacker, imagining how Tanagura's hallowed pair would fall as the lights came back on, in a pool of their own blood.

And he laughed, an unmistakable maniac along the street that passersby avoided, though had not perhaps seen one particular face that had followed him all along in his revelry, just seated among those citizens he strode by, among the Sinkers and immigrants alike, and those with the credits to boot.

Zico merely smiled, lifting his tainted head, one whose darker locks quickly faded to resume its violet as he nodded to the concealed Darkmen nearby, motioning towards the leaving person, as he lifted his cup of tea. His signal. The force had then moved in on stealth.

This fiend would not be congratulating himself for too long... thought the Top Flight, smirking at the deviousness that was his order for the evening, shuddering as well in the prospect his benefactor wanted to achieve.

Which made him all the more aware that no one should ever cross a Tanaguran Blondie...


 

Chaos in the pitch dark.

Riki heard strange footfall, the familiar sound of weapons cracking as more sudden gasps and curses erupted from those around them. When he moved, Iason stopped him again, choosing to be very still and prompting him to do the same as a seeming stampede happened about. The Blondie's hold tightened, his breathing slowed.

Damn, they couldn't see anything! But the Pet fell quiet on instinct and felt for his surroundings instead, mongrel senses trained to the familiar feeling of a threat, a very dangerous threat approaching...

Why had Iason not even bothered to connect with the System? Riki knew this was simple enough, for Tanagura to lend its strength to Midas if such emergencies arose. But instead the Blondie had chosen to keep the venue in this sort of darkness even as the other visitors were themselves thrown into deeper stress, becoming a blind wave reaching for the otherwise sealed entrances, the voices of other Blondies calling from across the chaotic ballroom, likewise unable to make any sense of this blindness let alone find their brother as the commotion mounted…

The next thing the Pet felt was the hand that drew his head close to his Master's chest when he tried to interface with the Jupiter System to unlock the venue himself, hearing Iason whisper to someone seemingly beyond them, "Katron."

Screams!

More movement from a disrupted crowd, all those around them rushing. Riki felt nearly-claustrophobic, sensing how they were suddenly surrounded by unseen beings with auras out for blood, cold, the circle drawing in closer, closer, trapping them in place, other guests thrown aside with such brute force, pained cries mixed with breaking objects wafted through the non-forgiving air, simultaneously with the inevitable, calculating sounds drawing in towards the centre where they both were!

Danger!

They were in danger!

Riki could not understand why the Blondie would not let him react! He struggled against him, "Iason what are you doing!?" yet even as they were obviously cornered now, his Master still won't let him go!

"Iason!"

The weapons of execution were raised...he heard the sound of artillery being brought up to point...Riki half expected the blasts as everything around him seemed to stop...tick tick tick...he could almost hear those tense seconds...such minacious seconds!

The Pet closed his eyes, held onto his beloved tightly...

...but nothing happened...

None of the weapons went off. Nothing of this seeming evil even managed to reach within an inch of them…

What was that?

A precise, almost bestial presence suddenly swept past, Riki feeling it brush, scattering the throng that had surrounded them as it obviously growled, the menacing glint of claws and red eyes like flames erupting through the shadows.

Something sliced the air beside him enough that he felt his hairs stand, pushing him deeper into Iason's embrace and the Blondie did hold him tighter. Then it was above, in a split-second, behind them ruffling his feathers, his hair and his Master's longer tresses moving in the wake and wind of this unseen entity working at such speed, it was indeed inhuman.

Riki felt Iason stiffen, as if concentrating on something.

"Pet no! Don't move!" a quick flash of anger when he tried to reach a hand out.

Discord. Groans and some muffled screams, exclamations hindered and far-off cries of mortal terror as things fell to the floor posthaste, followed by heavier 'thuds' and screeches, slashing, thrusts, more growls as there continued the deathly rhapsody. Riki could hear bodies drop, some slammed, bones shattering accompanied by the scared confusion of the other guests as they likewise felt the eerie disturbance...the crowd had parted...

A battle was happening on the floor and no one could even see it - it horrified everyone! But Riki knew the familiarity of it, of the inability to fight back, death catching some unaware until their throats were slashed open and their mouths gurgled blood. Something fluid finally washing the floor beneath his feet. The scent...warmth emanating...beating...

Riki not able to take the helplessness any longer screamed out, "Iason!"

...only then did the lights flicker on, the superior Blondie interfacing with the System finally and redirecting power through the framework. Though the immediate reaction everyone had was...fear, trembling to find Neu-Jupiter and the Exclusive in his arms standing on a stage of red.

The guests found them surrounded by lifeless bodies, clad in black meant to blend in stealth with the dark. Men, now dead and drenched, mangled like mannequins and torn in many places, the high-end weaponry they carried with them likewise effectively taken apart.

What had happened?

Actually, it was just that the counter had been so efficiently executed, enough that all they could see now were the mere end results...

"Gods Iason! Are you all right?" Raoul had rushed in with the other members of the Council, pushing through the stunned guests only to stop and gape themselves, shocked at the sight.

Blood.

At Neu-Jupiter's feet, on his cape and clothes. Even the Pet was tainted, his skin with hints of the rubicund. Other elites had flocked to them but stopped short of the bleeding pool, some worried, some just wanting to bear witness to the carnage, the venue's guards finally able to break through the doors when the hall's shields and steel barriers had opened, rushing in through the revived gates only to be confronted by a sudden outburst of hysteria.

More screams.

Shaky fingers pointing towards a direction...

Riki was confounded for a second, but following the throng, was more surprised that when he looked beyond the massacre around them he'd found...Katron, their doll of a Furniture Katron, standing a distance off still holding one of these black-clad attackers by the collar of his supposed armour, the man now dead, head beginning to tear off from the base of his neck where it had been severed. There were those who instantly fainted.

"A monster! Monster!"

Katron's eyes were gone and glazed over with such deadly coldness; the onlookers seemed to visibly shudder as he lifted his face slowly, the animation of a lifeless corpse on it. He bore the endless stains on his pristine clothes, the uniform of the servants of the House of Neu-Jupiter rendered impure.

The expression he had on him, an expression straining him to his very soul, struck a chord of complete and absolute terror in all those who dared look him straight.

But Riki was mesmerized by those eyes. Cat-like and the shade of brilliant rubies instantly reminding him of someone. Of Alec - Katron had Karinese in his veins?!

A failed assassination, or so all concluded with gasps and other obscure reactions, the security and its organizers meeting the full lashing anger of complaining visitors, of Gideon who had risen to an unusual episode of anger. But then there was that bigger question: was it the Furniture who foiled the attempt?

No one had the answers, but the latter was instantly branded as a demon, everyone backing away in fear of their own lives. There were some though who lingered, interests piqued…

"Iason…" the others seemed to have gone pale around them, though the Blondies who were more accustomed to this, displayed their controlled resilience. "Are you both all right?"

Neu-Jupiter ignored the questions tossed his way, instead, urged his Pet along with him as he moved forward, picking through dismembered limbs with the same grace, leaving bloody footsteps on the carpet, the pale marble.

There had been signs that the attackers tried to flee when they were faced with the Furniture, but from the looks of it, they hadn't gotten really far...

"Katron," Iason seemed to have recovered from the nightmare quickly, but then if they only knew how he was actually well aware of this threat, all this time knowing what was happening around him, they would have understood.

Naturally, he also knew about this...

The Furniture dropped the body, letting it join the rest of the fleshy heap at his own feet as he closed his eyes, getting hold of his emotions and at last beginning to breathe as if the ordeal had stopped it for a moment. He turned again to his lords, his old self back, and spoke normally as he would have addressed them in the Palace.

"I was clumsy. Forgive me Master Iason," said the servant to which the Blondie only scowled in apparent displeasure.

Then again, he must not attribute this to faulty programming, seeing as this was Katron's first kill. He would only learn from it. He did do a splendid job of protecting them, the trigger working as effectively and not a moment too soon. Not a scratch on them both. Not a scratch on himself. It wasn't perfect, but it was good enough...for now...

Raoul picked through the mess and managed to tap his friend by the shoulder, though not before giving Katron a doubtful look. A weapon, wrapped in the fragile-looking body of Furniture? How did this happen?

"We'll take care of this. You need to go," the other Blondie told the lovers, gesturing at the investigators as the latter group had started to clear the crime scene, looking around for clues and evidences.

No one touched the Blondies however. They kept a respectable distance from the powerful of Tanagura.

True enough, Iason had belatedly realized how the Midas Police had managed to pour in, securing the area and the guests, comforting some who had been overwhelmed by what had happened. Though contained, there was that uproar still, everyone scared and skeptical, the high-ranking dignitaries most unnerved, branding this to be outrageous. How could Midas have allowed it? Such disgrace, lax, ad nausea...

"Clean yourself and take the Aircar Riki took to here home. Riki is riding with me in my car," the Blondie ordered.

Katron only nodded.

And they did not wait for anything else to happen. Iason quickly ushered his Pet out of the venue to their waiting vehicle, passing anyone else who might stop them, immediately pushing Riki into the limo's shielded interior and locking the doors behind them.

He mentally willed the robot chauffeur to speed off to Eos Two Palace, the entourage taking to the air around them in as much hurry, flanking the main car. He was concerned that Riki seemed to still be overcome with the events. He had been too quiet.

"Love-"

"Katron…" but he shouldn't have been too worried as the Pet spoke, obsidian eyes looking up at him without the trace of fear or anxiety, more of curiosity, of typical wonder. "What happened to Katron?"

The Master sometimes forgot that his Pet had grown in the midst of chaos in the Slums. This was nothing by comparison to the cut-throat ways of Ceres. Though he answered that question not, instead, suddenly kissing his beloved, catching Riki by surprise but served to ease any worries that may be there, if not the Pet's, then his own.

They had survived, that was the only thing that was important...likewise the fact that they had managed to weed their enemies out with no danger to him or, most especially, to Riki.


Inside the venue, Katron had remained immobile for some time as he stood in a corner, eyes cast low. Raoul and the others had now proceeded to oversee the clean-up, the other visitors and VIPs already evacuated as the officers of Midas' Police Force and the organizers aimed to figure out just who had targeted the life of Tanagura's Neu-Jupiter. There was likewise the hanging question about whether or not the only other creature caught in the act during the incident should be taken in for investigation.

"No. He's Iason's Furniture. You cannot lay a hand on him," Orphe insisted and he was right, Gideon issuing his orders in the background as he pulsed across the floor.

This was all on his head. Another assassination, he gritted his teeth. "Iason seems to draw the act to him like a magnet!"

Raoul looked at the other Blondie then at the disquieting form of Neu-Jupiter's servant, finding it atrocious that they had not seen this coming - both the attempt and the Furniture's seeming strangeness, responding like a war-made monster when his Masters were in danger.

"Didn't your Lord give you an order, Furniture?" the Blondie Biochemist harshly roused the youth, but to which Katron only made a bow of thankful respect before going, the aura of apathy about him.

He had been drifting just now standing there, the Furniture actually noticing more blood all over his uniform than he had estimated. Definitely lost his finesse back there, though he'd done it as quietly and as cleanly as he could. His master did look disappointed however, worse, he may need to throw this uniform set away as the stains would be too hard to scrub out of the fabric now, or plainly too cumbersome for any more effort.

"Oh well. C'est la vie," Katron frowned with a sigh, fisting his hands for control as they trembled still; the taste of his first kill.

As he exited the venue, the crowd of policemen and investigators parted for him, suspicious but then not able to do anything about it. One cannot simply go arresting one of Neu-Jupiter's belongings. Tanagura would be the one to decide on this matter.

A certain look of interest however followed the elegant form of the Furniture as he moved across the ballroom. He had the officials of some governments and warring towns, cities and planets, eyeing him with much curiosity.

A war weapon? And a Furniture no less?

The youth had the face of an obedient sex doll and the fine lines of a pet yet, somehow, in that fragile graceful body of his was a cold-hearted colossus. He didn't appear to feel the slightest remorse over what he'd done, appearing more concerned about keeping appearances due the Master he served, which made him just exquisite

Already he was picking through his spare change of uniforms and coordinating their left transports, calling to the Palace to inform those there of what had happened and to expect the Masters home briefly. He moved with a spring to his feet, giddy but graceful.

"I wonder what the price tag is for a weapon that complex," that was the debate for the remainder of the evening. Whether or not all the members of the Mink Household were this powerful and impressive?

For even the Pet had a personalized purpose and, after tonight, he was made even more ultimately beautiful because of the massacre…

"How can we have it made to order?

"I would buy that in the next auction..."

Notes:

Yuri: One quick publish. I'm actually kinda busy fleshing out the compilation book of some of my original short writings back when I was 14, due to be transformed into an eBook by 2014. Hoping people would like it like they like my fanfictions. Hahaha...yeah, I can wish...

To answer some questions through the weekend:

1.) No, I won't turn Guy into another berserk psycho, hehe...for me, the more subtle the love story, the better it turns out. (Take the hint; that's all I can give you for now *wink*.)

2.) Gideon? Hmm... ^_^ He's Gideon.

3.) Yes, Storia Tatlo will be the longest of the books. I don't know why. It just is!

4.) The prospect of Exclusivity for other pets? Wow. You guys must be psychics! I will get to that by the last chapter of this Storia so that's something to watch out for. *spoiler*

5.) If I can lend you downloadable copies of the novels? I haven't scanned the 8th volume. My scanner dropped dead on me three months ago. Literally. It dropped on me. Still got the scar to prove it. (-_-') But I think it would be better if we supported the original publishing? ^_^

Okay. That's about it. On to the next chapter with the lot of yah.

Chapter Text

Eos Tower Two, the Palace home of Neu-Jupiter, the expansive area of the penthouse summit nest twice that of the original Palace Tower in the older Eos One where most elites still lived and laboured for Jupiter.

For now, the newer location was yet to serve a different purpose for the Blondies, though soon, some of the additional levels below Iason's own would be auctioned off to high bidders, the Council having circulated unconfirmed news that they would allow a second batch of residents to occupy the same privileged address as Iason Mink, themselves occupying its apartments and estates long before.

Even far-off dignitaries and royalties expressed their interest in these units, hoping that perhaps by this, they'd be closer to the heir of Tanagura and his favours, never mind if most certainly the Palace would be off-limits as it already was.

Now of course this was not the only thing interesting with the new Eos Tower. The amenities here were even grander than its predecessor, boasting of Fifteen Stars accommodations all the way as confirmed by the first group of owners the Council had originally allowed to occupy the bottom five stories of the tower, them twelve taking the ones up top as they had in Eos One.

The gardens here were enormous, the pet salons and built-in luxury rooms immense, the facilities top rate...even the security was unparalleled...all things definitely put into quite the scrutiny and consideration for the sake of giving the superior of all Blondies and his superior of all Pets, the best possible comfort…


 

The Palace Court was silent; the only sound breaking was the low murmur of the fountains and waterfall features making their eternal cycle in splashes on the surface of the infinite pools. Grand and majestic, the home slumbered in utter peace, the bustle from the rest of Midas and Tanagura itself, Eos One and even the simple noise of the lower levels doing nothing to disturb this dimmed quiet. Their quiet.

Riki had been standing on the dressing platform when Iason entered, the Blondie having just finished taking a call from Katze who now had Katron in his stead for some maintenance, not that the Master thought it was necessary, but to help assess the progress of the Furniture's programming, not to mention, to determine if the top Trinity's state of mind had been affected by his first abrupt and quite brutal awakening.

For now the Pet was being tended to by the more pacific Kantre, whose crop was perhaps the closest to the Furniture standard length of hair in Tanagura, Katron having shoulder-length tresses and Katrice with a braid as long as Riki's had been before he had his nurse cut it off. Speaking of which, the Master considered if it would be possible to sway his Pet to grow his hair longer again. His love did look better with that aristocratic length.

Iason slowly walked over, seeing that the Furniture was now about to undo the spider's web they had weaved through the Pet's feathers. Katrice had already returned with house clothes, Riki having been undressed from the waist up, left bare and bare-footed, eyeing the form of his Master through the multiple mirrors that allowed the view in a full one-eighty angle.

"Wait. Leave that," Iason stopped them as the Trinity reached for the gossamer ends, the well-hidden portion where one could undo the threads easily.

He gestured for them to leave.

Katrice immediately placed the Pet's dressing gown down a nearby couch, knowing that he won't need it for now more or less. The twins bowed in unison before disappearing as instructed, likewise leaving a half-naked Riki with his wings unfurled in front of the mirrors. The Pet flapped them once and smiled at the Blondie. 

Himself smiling, con amore, Iason moved to embrace his Pet, wanting to do so still despite having had him trapped in his arms all night so far already.

"Aren't you a show-stealer tonight?" commented the Man.

With one hand he disrobed, revealing his stark naked body beneath the silk, erection already engorged and wanting, unfurling his own hidden wings.

He spread the impressive span either side of them, showing Riki, before folding one to wrap his love with. These amazing flight implements had always been velvety to the touch, and it reminded the Pet of the softness of their bed sheets. He tucked himself in, feeling the wet tip of Iason's arousal press the small of his back.

Riki shuddered. His need was also fast-becoming apparent. He'd actually been waiting for his beloved to surface and sweep him up into yet another episode of heady bliss, having been fellated in the car on the way home already, and in the mood for even more.

"Great choice of decoration," the Blondie, despite being in such an excited state, managed to finger one of Riki's plumes to examine the threads there, noting the tight, intricate pattern: a show of his Furniture's inventiveness and skill. It's amazing what the triplets can do with their hands. "These silver threads are actually engineered weapon prototypes. They're also used to strengthen armours and shields," Iason told him, whispering as he bent in to kiss the Pet behind his ear, making Riki shiver.

The Pet exhaled, "I didn't know that."

Iason was already working to arouse him, his pants already undone by its side zips and the organ beneath its tightness caressed by the Blondie's wandering hand, squeezing tenderly, sliding possessively. He focused on the head, juicing it for the evidence of his beloved's own need. Riki couldn't help but pant and swallow, throwing his head back to press against his Master...

When Katron brought out the threads to show him, he'd thought them at first to be no more than mere extravagant lengths of jewelry. Now he was being told they were munitions, and could imagine how they must serve likewise to lacerate, the engineered diamonds in each indent sharp enough to run through glass and steel though, so far, they hadn't wounded him in any way since they'd been weaved in through his pennons.

The Master continued, "If you allow them to stay threaded with your wings, after a while, you'd find that they'd fuse with them entirely.

"But they do suit your wings rather perfectly."

"Maybe I should keep them then?"

Iason laughed, honestly amused. "I leave that decision to you. Either way, they're lovely...on you."

Riki grinned. He did not protest when Iason yanked what remained of his constrictions down, helping him to raise a leg so that the black pants slipped off to his ankle. He remained in that position, wings fluttering as the Blondie stayed him to caress the spheres of his manhood, giving the two jewels a light tug before gliding a finger further down where the tip teased the hidden folds of his eagerly contracting anus.

Such a lewd pose.

Riki could see himself in a ready state for pleasure, panting as his arms flew up to wrap around his Master's nape and play with his hair. His nipples twitched and perked, as hard as his length below.

"Were you satisfied?" Riki had to ask about tonight, how he'd carried himself, leaning in for more of that touch.

"Very," the Blondie smiled. "Stunning theatrics. Was it all your idea?"

"I had Katron's help," the Pet admitted, not wanting to hog all the glory.

"Remind me to reward him then…"

Iason was not one for further patience tonight. Already, his cock was arching, throbbing, wanting to be buried deep into his mongrel.

"Speaking of, how...how is he?" but Riki seemed to want to converse, which made the Blondie growl in annoyance.

"He's getting maintained. He'll be back in the morning. Now shut up so I can fuck you."

It was Riki's turn to laugh. He didn't mean to delay anything, and when he told Iason this, all the Blondie did was kiss him.

As their lips fused, the Master's tongue asserted its dominance, taking its time to probe as his own fingers first rubbed the wrinkled outside of his Pet's orifice before sliding in, finding Riki already moist and heaving for him, in the same state of hunger, swallowing his digits delightfully. The Blondie had decided he wanted to take his lover standing up, and loosened with haste the entrance by which Riki would take his large appendage.

The Pet moaned. "I don't understand what happened…"

There was no need. All Riki needed to know was that whatever it was that would happen from here onward was so that he could be protected. So that they could be protected. Iason was already working hard to maintain the peace of their existence; despite knowing that sooner he'd be plunging himself into a situation that even the old Jupiter was unfamiliar of...

Their wings clasped over their heads, the canopies they made a mingling mass of night and night, two shades of darkness: Iason's blue meeting from behind Riki's sable.

"I said stop talking Pet," the Master insisted, his fingers exiting the fleshy chasms causing Riki to whine in disappointment, a thin thread of fluid linking his fingertips with the hole. Iason laughed. "Ah, beautiful..."

He re-positioned Riki bending over, the Pet automatically spreading his legs and raising his ass, willingly giving Iason the opening. He folded his wings out of the way on either side of him, a clean show of submissiveness, the Blondie now grabbing his wrists to effectively pin him in that angle.

With glazed obsidian eyes he watched his Master through the mirrors, his blue wings staying up as if he was about to take flight but did not. It was his own display of power, the obvious seme in their relationship.

"I've been wanting to do this to you all night," Iason licked his lips in anticipation, his reflection pinning Riki with that icy yet promising stare.

All Riki could do as he felt that large tip press was gasp, "Bed...hng…" Iason slowly pushing, the head of his god-sized member in, parting the lips of the Pet's nether mouth gently, the shaft sliding to penetrate with excruciating delay that it made Riki's senses reel. The Blondie was toying with him again, knowing well that he had the tendency to enjoy this sort of play. His body was already so fully habituated to it that even the slightest teasing from Iason could send him plunging into ecstasy.

"No.

"I want to see your reaction through the glass…"

Riki was afraid he'd say that and already ensnared in the situation, he knew he didn't have a choice. Even if he resisted, Iason will always have his way, and he'd have him crying out for release by the end of the night. But then again, who was resisting? He had been wanting the attention so badly all night.

In the light of the chandelier, the Pet Ring gleamed. Once an object of the mongrel's everlasting shame, now one of the official signs of his Exclusivity…

"I...love you! Ahhn! Ahhh...hahh..." was all Riki could scream, in rapture drowning, as the Blondie finished stabbing him to the hilt, pulling out halfway only to ram in again, this time hitting his prostate with a certain ruthless precision.

Just because his dearest Pet confessed to his affections, it didn't necessarily mean he'll take it easy with him tonight.

Iason could not be happier however, having survived another episode of danger, to arrive to this moment and in time for a feast...

Chapter 30

Notes:

Yuri: "It is impossible to discourage the real writers - they don't give a damn what you say, they're going to write." -says Sinclair Lewis

To all those who reviewed, emailed, PMed about it: no worries guys, no offense taken. I never really expected to please everyone when I set out writing Cinco. Never even expected I'd continue writing it but then I just did, neh? But thanks for the apologies and all. Really, I don't mind. ^_^

Anyway, on with today's affairs, as it's time to build up the next chapters; let's start with this: I always find Iason's and Raoul's little 'discussions' interesting. Raoul just likes to contradict that it's amusing.

Enjoy...I will publish the next two portions the succeeding days so we can all be happy. Caveat: love triangle ahead. I know. I like spoilers. :')

Chapter Text

The highlights of yesterday's events were still the talk of the town, Tanagura and Midas alike keen with the discussion of what had happened during the Auction, of Riki's entrance and reintroduction and then the assassination attempt. Never had there been a mix of such dread and drama over anything, the populace inflamed, the elites murmuring. Iason could only shake his head.

As he sat down up his penthouse office in Eos, the superior Blondie reviewed last night's surveillance with much attention, though he did stop every now and then when the face of his beloved wafted up the screens, immediately filing a copy of his and his Pet's best moments in a personal databank. It was strange, how he somehow was becoming sentimental of their memories together although this would not have been the case before. His recollection alone would have been enough.

He even found himself compiling some of their shared intimacies as well, finding that he could be so easily enthralled to see his Riki crying out on the virtual screens. He enjoyed watching the Pet in his aroused state, even as he masturbated, Iason sometimes indulging his voyeuristic tendencies and ordering his Exclusive to stroke himself before he got to the part of fully fucking him...

It made Iason smile.

He wondered how Riki would react if he showed him these footages. Knowing the ever-obstinate, eternally noncompliant nature of his Pet, he'd certainly think the Blondie perverted without a second's thought. But it would be something he can tease him with definitely.

Look at how you moan and thrust into my hand. You can never resist me can't you? he imagined crooning as he would abuse Riki in front of these virtual recordings.

The thought made Iason want to call upon his Pet now and nail him to the wall with his thrusting. But that had to wait (as tempting as it might be). He still had to sort through the mess of yesterday's events although he had a vague idea as to just who was after them. He had his own hackers on the prowl in fact, Katze having placed Zico and five others in charge of sifting through the cyber threats Tanagura's been receiving all around the world and the Star System.

Since putting out information about Eos Palace Two as bait, several beings had broken through the database Iason had purposely set up to draw them out...some amateurs, some experts, but majority seemingly coming from the Commonwealth nations, from those war-peddling colonies that were known for their piracy and such.

In fact, there was one nearby, Kryon, whose seat of power was a floating fortress in South Ocean, who'd tapped eagerly into the database for further information about him and his work. Riki's name alone came up at least two hundred times in any one given search, the results of course, all fabricated falsehood.

Now Iason knew hackers were a two-sided investment. They would turn around and sell you out in the name of good business on the next opportunity and at the proper price. The Blondie has then come up with an emergency plan made especially for them in case they decided to go against the contract they had agreed upon; one which involved a superior-class implant which would make certain Jupiter can never be betrayed.

Zico was first to fall prey to it, or rather he had no choice, the others followed, but all deemed the heir's cunning to be especially dangerous they'd conceded without protest. Albeit they were shocked when Iason ordered to let any hacking through during the Pet Auction. The hackers in their employ thought it was plain suicidal on the Blondie's behalf.

But then after Katron was revealed and the attempt thwarted, they all realized it was all just another staged snare, all part of a plan...this new Jupiter occupying the throne of Tanagura an even scary being than his predecessor...

"Midas has not been able to provide a sufficient explanation but it was a clear blow to the city's ego, how that could have happened," the first thing Raoul narrated as he walked in on his friend. "Gideon is still furious."

Iason set aside his work. The other Blondie always - always - had something to discuss with him about when he came in like this. He continued, "Even the Commonwealth has chastised them for being so loose, that it was an outrage amongst the other nations. They're feigning apologies to you in every possible media."

He knew this to be correct. The news was a hot item...the Commonwealth was apologizing to Tanagura's Neu-Jupiter for the lapse in security that they could have lent, assuming Midas had needed it, now sending him invitations or calling Eos, the higher-ups personally checking up to see if he were all right, if his Exclusive had not been traumatized, hilarious that they thought Riki to be some dainty flower now.

But my Riki is fine. He ate a hearty breakfast this morning and went shopping with Kantre since Katron was still absent, Iason was at some point tempted to retort, with full mocking and sarcasm. Though it was also true. Riki had been unaffected: just sent word in fact to inform the Blondie that he'd found him a nice little gift…

Then there were Orphe and Aisha, unnerved and nearly-stressed out now, swamped since yesterday with inquiries though Iason's only instruction was to decline, come up with a generic statement that would suffice. He is not going to any other affairs no matter how lavish they were, for now.

He thought about Riki and would rather have the Pet stay indoors for the meantime after the attempt, but he did not stop him from leaving the Palace earlier. It was all right. He trusted Kantre who was fiercer anyway in terms of the transformation than Katron.

Not as equally bright, but a more ruthless killer which was preferable at the moment. In case anyone tried to get even just an inch close to his Exclusive. The Beta Twins have been left on high alert.

"Just desserts. Though it was rather alarming, and much so since it was a publicized event, we did earn attention."

"You seem complacent," Raoul had that distinctive frown on his face. "...seeing as you were the objective of the attack apparently."

"I'm still alive am I not?"

"It's no laughing matter, Iason," here came the scolding. "We should be more cautious now. Because we are yet to identify our enemies -who knows what else they have planned and when they would strike next! They also most definitely did not take you lightly, sending ten capable assailants for you. And Riki!"

This time, Iason did laugh, further deepening the glaring expression on his friend's face. He counted twelve assassins that night. Though what Katron had done with the other two bodies, he would have to wait to know.

Raoul meanwhile ground out, "This is no time to be amused!"

All Neu-Jupiter could do was sigh at this. "Calm down Raoul. We shouldn't be too nervous: that's reckless. It wouldn't be like a Blondie to appear fazed."

He was right. Blondies were known for their collected nature, of seeing things in a logical way, dealing with troubles based on facts and plans, not hearsay, not rumours, encasing their counters in ice and endless calm. The sentiment seemed to have dampened on the other Blondie's afflictions somehow. But as shocking as the attempt had been, there was something else more bothersome than that for Raoul.

"Here."

To Iason's surprise, his best friend slid a slate in front of him. It was a snap footage, of Katron, lashing out with monster-like precision, his bleeding red eyes shining in the dark, as seen through infrared lenses of surveillance. So Raoul had likewise been digging around the grid? But then who else amongst their class wasn't?

"What's this?"

The other Blondie's nose flared. "You tell me," he pointed an accusing finger at his friend.

Iason shrugged, leaning back against his massive chair, "He's my Furniture."

"Gods Iason," for someone known for his atheism, Raoul sure used the terms of the religious a lot when he was cursing him. This was just simple blasphemy. "You tell me that the demise of those would-be assassinators is attributed to mere furniture?" Again, the other was on a tirade, pacing in front of him. "This is not a Guardian-bred decor but a lab-made imp! Don't you ever think of the dangers about having something like that run wild in your House?"

What was Raoul so angry about? Katron was another bioengineered, military grade armament. Iason just gave it a pleasant face and clear eyes so it can serve Riki further in public. There was nothing wrong with what he, as Neu-Jupiter, had done.

"On the contrary, I'm well aware of the dangers Raoul. All the more that I need Katron and his twins. I trust him with my life. And I most certainly trust them with Riki.

"They govern my house with such attentiveness, every Furniture should take up their example," Iason waved a gloved hand dismissively, but the latter would not put this down so easily. He never did let Iason bully him. Even on the issue of Riki once, Raoul had been the complete antithesis.

"But then we cannot all be Neu-Jupiter. We cannot all be too risky," said the Biochemist.

"So does this mean I'm the only one taking risks?"

"You're the only one who loves to push it to the limits!"

"That's absurd," Iason scowled this time. That can't be farther from the truth. "Making chimeras and tinkering with the natural order is also taking a risk Raoul. Manufacturing a Pet and controlling the population from the shadows is one and the same. What defines the lines between them when there is none. What makes our open bioengineering acceptably different from what I had done in private to my own Furniture when it's all the same?"

Indeed. In the society of Tanagura that they're in, when they did deal as the hand of God, they did not question about whether or not it was wrong or right, they did not spare all possible expense or virtue in the face of enhancementsinnovationbreakthroughs and, ultimately, perfection.

Or was it perhaps out of their own pride?

Perhaps the real issue here was that Raoul, like the rest of their class, had not known about it. That, acting in secret and beyond them, Iason had demolished this sacred yet precarious bond and trust between all Blondies who preferred to function as a whole unit. But he was also Neu-Jupiter...and although made flesh and blood, he needed to carry on as the god had carried on.

He will have to keep secrets even from Raoul.

"We're Blondies. There's no time to talk about scientific morals. You're beginning to sound like those naturalists who hate your guts," Iason still smiled at his brother.

There was a clear flaw in Jupiter's artificial children who masqueraded themselves as the elites, Blondies including. Only when he had shared in Riki's humanity was he able to see it.

They were smart. They were too knowledgeable. Yet this superfluous intelligence did not equate to understanding, and all Blondies though capable of explaining things in equations and schematics, had no capacity to comprehend life as it was entirely. Or rather they dressed up understanding according to their own whims and fancies to satisfyingly chain it beside their chosen beliefs.

Though this was expected. As the parent called Jupiter was himself without this capability, only able to be as a mimic of living but forever looking at the world from behind his bell jar, he could not impart to them the answers to the real mysteries. He was never born of a womb. He never experienced human pain. Hell, he didn't even know love until he'd stared down upon him and Riki. And in all these shortcomings he made more alike to himself, perhaps to ease his misery, his elites, dressing them in the same manner as he was, mere voids.

But what was he talking about? Oh that's correct. Iason was no longer like his brethren therefore he can say this seeming ridicule, the only trait that made them the same was the hair colour, otherwise, he was now only more similar to Riki. And they were the only two on all the planet…

But he had to give his respects to Jupiter still, for in death, he had managed to revive them, and giving them even greater attention, they had become two entirely unique forms, the most stunning achievement the old god could boast about: himself in living and breathing bodies who could touch and feel and love, never mind if he was only an insignificant factor in them now, occupying but the tiniest portions of his lovers' anatomies.

Yes. Most shockingly enough, the old Jupiter still lived, but he now resided in both Iason's and Riki's every cell…

"But then tell me this: where did you get the design for this serving weapon of yours?" Trust Raoul to pry.

"Jupiter's Will."

"What!? You mean he sponsored this?" that shouldn't have come as a shock though it already did.

"Ordered," Iason returned. "The one year's sleep wasn't actually entirely unconscious. We - and I mean Riki and I - had been in constant communion with Jupiter that whole time. We had been schooled in his schemes. Riki has forgotten them however, and I only recently began recalling."

This was unbelievable. And here they thought that the sleep was just that, a mere comatose state when in fact, they, the Pet including, communed with Jupiter for the year while Tanagura was in utter chaos?

"Sometimes I wonder whatever it was that Jupiter had left to you. What that Will really contained."

Iason smiled. He was waiting as to when Raoul would ask this question, which marked then that all was ready. It meant the Blondie was at this point of curiousity to be fruitful in the next steps Iason was to take.

"I'll share part of it with you if you are willing," he said.

Immediately Raoul was incredulous.

"Are you jesting? Don't humour me."

For fact, they all knew the Will of Jupiter was confidential.

"I'm not. I'm serious," Iason drummed his fingers on his table with a tinge of impatience.

"And why is that?"

Raoul balanced a hand on his hip, brows furrowing but piqued nonetheless. The chance of a lifetime, or the culmination of his life's work, whichever came first. Yet the other Blondie could not help but think how there must be some heavy reason by which Iason had decided this all of a sudden. He has not revealed much of his intentions until now even to Raoul. He has got to hear the other's explanations…

What Neu-Jupiter said next came as even more surprising; he confided, "First because I intend on making more of Katron. I find his design to be...better as you have already witnessed. Only in a variation from the current form.

"Second, I need your particular expertise to create a new breed of weapons as per the original blueprints Jupiter and I have discussed.

"And third, as with Katze, I need someone whom I can entrust the next phase of the Will to. Someone who can carry out the plans from this part of Tanagura without fear or fail."

Raoul was rendered speechless after he had heard those three reasons, coming from the superior Blondie's mouth with such calm and coolness, it burned out of reason. He looked at his friend for a very long minute…

There was an intention to make more of Katron? Create a new breed of weapons? But for what? He likewise replayed the phrase 'as with Katze' in his head.

That broker who handled all of Iason's affairs in the deep darkness of the Black Markets and its subtle undergrounds Raoul has not spoken to or seen after the Lovers' awakening, the first time in person being when the Biochemist had summoned him to know what became of Iason and Riki at Dana Burn...

Since the danger posed upon the Pet and the Master had been lifted, thanks to much persistence, Raoul had not found a reason to maintain contact with the broker, though now he realized Iason was still certainly making full use of Katze's loyalty, even, unbelievably, being the first to learn of the Will as proven by Iason's own words…

He was confounded. And disappointed.

Does this mean his friend trusted Katze more than he did him? Does this also mean the scarred redhead was already making a move according to Neu-Jupiter's orders? If ever, what were these orders? And where was all this leading to?

"You want me to work with your underground crony?" was all that the other Blondie asked, a clear aversion wrinkling his features.

Iason expected as much, having just slandered their friendship with the fact that he had consulted and requested for Katze's help first before he had asked for that of Raoul's. But then it can't be helped. In terms of cunning and street smarts, his former Furniture was beyond capable, and the fact that he also cared for Riki despite having maintained his subarctic facade, was something Iason could not overlook…

Yet it was also true that without further support from this side, the goal Neu-Jupiter was striving for would collapse in the weight of its own ambitions. A captain needed his lieutenants and the superior Blondie could find no other mind suitable to assist him from here in the Towers, nein, in Tanagura, but that of Raoul's.

"Can I trust you then? Or will you be my opposition?" Iason asked, confident though ever-reflecting on the smallest possibility that Raul would decline.

In the end, it will all boil down on how the two will build upon cooperation. Of course the other Blondie will have time to consider his proposition if he would ask Iason for it. It will not be like the time Jupiter called him back to life; he'll give his friend the choice.

Raoul this time was silent.

Chapter 31

Notes:

Yuri: Yeah, I know I said I'll publish on the other days but I can't really help it. If the stories are in the manager, I just wanna push them out. Hehe...I should scold myself. *Bad Yuri* oh well. ^_^

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

It was a day for connections to be made and strengthened, schemes to be checked and executed, plans to be done. Come nightfall, the Palace of Neu-Jupiter still had a late visitor, Katze taking an unmarked Aircar straight to the private aeroport, finding that Iason was already there to meet him upon his arrival, alongside the Furniture who immediately took over the parking of the car and the sealing of the gates, having opened part of the shields for their guest.

The Blondie looked well.

After the failed assassination, Iason seemed as prevailing as ever, his stature unshaken although there was a cautious aura about him. It made Katze curious if Riki was likewise well, though from one mongrel to another, that was quite easy to figure out. The redhead believed the Pet would have survived a diluvium with sheer cunning alone. Nothing could have taken him down, not even a brush with death…

The guest was not here to stay overnight, but the Furniture were certain he'd be here until late which meant that they would be up late as well. The last to bed and the first to rise - one of the things in the strict credo observed to the letter by the superior Blondie's servants, though the brothers had been anxious lately.

Katron had not made it back since the Pet Auction, and had been a cause for alarm for those left in the House, up until Iason called them aside to inform them that the Alpha of their Trinity will come in before the week expired, only later as the maintenance had taken longer than anticipated. Thankfully, the Palace still ran as effectively, the twins showing off their tailored 'unity' and cooperation in sticking to the schedules, indeed the best of the best there are anywhere.

"Master," Katze gave the Blondie a small nod.

Iason was not one for pleasantries, but he was noticeably easier to deal with when he was at home, Katze although at times missing the strolls they'd indulged in through the gardens, now committing to forgotten habits the perusing of the domed arboretum park in Area 4 Ainis, where they used to frequent and discuss the many details of their plans.

Neu-Jupiter was now the head of Tanagura, and he needed to be protected, the privilege of walking in public no longer a workable opportunity unless you consider doing so with a bevy of guards in heavy armour enjoyable. It wasn't.

"This must be important when you had to call me up here again, Master Iason," and Katze cut to the chase, making Iason smile.

"Let's talk inside."


Although he was allowed, Katze never reached for his cigarettes whenever in the Palace as a form of respect, discovering that Riki had lost the taste for the habit after sleeping for a year, alongside other wonts when Jupiter had purged him of them at the rebirth. Thus, no matter how much Katze craved from time to time, he suppressed himself with a practiced cool.

"There's an increasing market demand for raven-haired Pets recently, given Riki's appearance at the Auction in Midas. Not only that, we've also received requests for black-winged seraphims."

They were in the Main. Katze had been admiring the Floating Gardens for some time as he continued with his reports, tea served and a late spread readied by the Furniture, Iason silent and listening intently to the details but noticeably narrowing his frozen eyes when he heard that last bit.

"Black Seraphims..." he repeated the words... of course everyone knew it was impossible, even Raoul admits to that. "It was inevitable that the public would develop a taste for what's exclusive. Yet I don't even know if I should take that trend as a compliment."

"Isn't mimicry the best form of flattery, Master?"

"Never in any case," Iason admitted. "There is but one Exclusive."

Katze agreed, not without first taking notice of the Blondie's open aggression against the idea of people wanting to duplicate Riki's standing. He doubted that Iason also did not have the same reservations regarding the Academy's manufacturing of raven-haired Pets. There wasn't anything particularly special about them really: just a replica of what Neu-Jupiter's Pet was – the purpose of the matter clear enough that the trade was likewise riding this bandwagon and playing to current tastes just because Riki was now the most alluring subject on the planet.

Or has the public simply forgotten how one of the brothels, Numbers, had gone down the proverbial drain for taking in black-haired Pets, the idea proving not so popular with its picky patrons? Even in the caste system, Onyxes are the least of privilege in Tanagura, the mere face…

Then there's that black-haired mongrel from the slums that had become the object of scorn in the Capital once when he became a Blondie's Pet. That had only been a few years back, but now people seemed to have forgotten about it overnight. Who could've guessed how the tables would eventually end being so reprehensibly turned?

The customs that had once been were fast-deteriorating in the face of Iason and Riki's relationship. Katze firmly believed the possibility of how, soon, the radical idea of love shared this way would become an ideal. He could see Tanagura undergoing a transformation, though those who would follow in the footsteps of Jupiter's Lovers are still unclear figments for now.

Speaking of which, where is the infamous j e w e l of the Mink household? The Black Market's Subarctic Scarface had not seen the Pet since he'd arrived.

"Katze!"

Riki had walked in from the Court of the Palace, his wings out, just come from a few flight laps around the tiers. Just as he'd began to wonder when the broker would drop by, here he was, Kantre informing the Pet but a few minutes ago of the late visit.

"Hello Riki."

Katze couldn't help but stare at those bare wings, the Pet appearing to be extremely used to them now, the Ex-Furniture remembering the shock of the first time he'd seen them. Still so beautiful and now weaved with silver - when had this happened? Riki smiled.

Amazing that he can be this happy now when he could have easily suffocated in Eos before. It looked as if Iason had listened to the counsel he had been given, that one theory Katze threw at him about keeping their life isolated enough and focusing on building the relationship instead of shoving it down Riki's throat for no reason.

"Just fine…" the Pet's short reply, summing it all up somewhat.

It was one of those meetings he was not supposed to intrude upon, he knew. Iason and Katze had business to discuss and frankly, he didn't want to know what it was, be it for Tanagura or the Black Market. But he did take the time to scoot over to where the Blondie was seated, wrapping his arms around him in a gesture of affection. Katze averted his eyes as they kissed. Lovers, he rolled his eyes in a form of amusement.

"Can I go see an Airbike race?"

"Which one?" it was an immediate 'yes', the Exclusive indeed having the time and liberty for such privilege. "I'll have Katze arrange it."

"I was thinking you'd come with me…"

After the Pet Auction, Riki had wanted to go on more of these dates. Iason likewise wanted to treat him to them of course, but then was conscious how it wouldn't be so safe this early, especially with the probabilities of more assassination attempts just around the corner.

"I want to sit this one out," said the Blondie, to which Riki instantly frowned.

"How come?"

"We cause much commotion in public," Iason ran his fingers over the scruff of his Pet's neck, the latter shuddering as if a sensitive nerve had been struck there and, indeed, that was one place the Blondie toyed mercilessly with to start a fire down his loins. "And I don't think it would be wise to flaunt away. You may need to go incognito and with either Katron or Katze when you're in Midas."

Riki stopped at that. Again, he frowned.

"Hah! If I know shit…

"You're just not the sort to enjoy something that's not as complicated as those elite parties."

The Pet wriggled out of Iason's grasp and trudged away. The Master just laughed at that, Katze shaking his head with a sigh and the barest curve of a smile on his lips.

Riki has definitely turned the universe over, the space between both him and the Blondie fortunately, as Katze put it, no longer existing. This bond of theirs had bridged it completely no matter how madly it had begun. It had also changed Iason, gave him a new insight to how living should be like. He could even laugh at something he neither tolerated nor allowed in the past...like what Riki just did, stomping off like someone's disenchanted girlfriend...

Both of them followed the Pet as he emerged on the garden plateau below, greeted by the twins who instantly dogged his heels to prepare him for bed. Among the complicated rituals the Exclusive had to go through before sleep nowadays included a third or forth bath, getting his feathers preened especially when he was out using his wings, checking for scratches and any wounds, checking for any signs of illness, ad nausea.

Katron usually did this all by himself with top precision, despite the full knowledge that the night will mess it all up once their Master Iason had their Master Riki in his arms. They could fuck until morning. Now, both Furniture had to do the task list, catering to the Blondie's routines as well. They had their hands full.

Really, they needed Katron home - and soon!

"How is the construction of the Nest at Cerberus doing?" Iason asked as they continued to watch Riki discuss something with both Katrice and Kantre.

It caught Katze off-guard for a moment, but he immediately understood what was being questioned of him.

"As scheduled. The Luxury Arcades are already done and will be prepared to take tourists by the end of the month. However…" the redhead lowered his voice. "The Core Facilities will take a few more months, even a year. The weapons though will be completed earlier. The installations are surprisingly faster when there are no...watching eyes."

Cerberus was a hostile, uninhabited asteroid just beyond the two moons, with qualities not far off from that of the planet, twice large as the Capital of their planet, but based on the data left by the first scientists who colonized Amoï, could more or less be turned into another successful territory. Iason and Jupiter were able to formulate a strategy by which the said inhospitable environment could be transformed into a living oasis in space, complete with its own artificial atmosphere and an indescribable Eden to exceed anything there ever was in the Star System.

But of course, beyond the surface, the plan also included a secret facility for weapons manufacturing subterranean, which Katze had so far splendidly carried out, pleasing Iason greatly, with an outer disguise in the form of an even better Pleasure Paradise to be introduced to the public to curve any suspicion. The strategy was that when the news does break out - and it will soon enough - Cerberus would be viewed as just another Tanaguran expansion project, a unique undergoing in the name of scientific gain and no more.

"Good."

The redhead knew this to be all part of the Will left to Iason, but something about it unsettled him as the Blondie had mentioned before how he would prefer choosing a different path from the one the old god had set for him. Yet now he had changed his mind. When he'd informed Katze about this months earlier, the broker had doubted, and has since wanted to know what had pushed Iason to take to this road and in such masterly strides.

"What is it?"

Iason could tell there was something Katze wanted to inquire about but was calculating, always selective of his words.

"Master, why did you engage in this god-sized investment? Why so suddenly?"

"I remember you to be a man who asked questions only when it was necessary, Katze."

"It just concerns me," he had to say it.

It was not because they were hiding it; the redhead's existence had all been founded on the purpose of managing all the secrets that made the system of things on the planet move. But the swiftness by which Iason wanted this done was staggering! That alone indicated some manner of impatience, of hurry, of an extreme need for something to be fulfilled. But for what?

When the instructions were shown to Katze, they were not that explicit in detail. He was just given what he needed to know in order to start acting accordingly.

"Are you really asking of me to answer that?"

Katze fell into silence, knowing that this would be the best response. He neither wanted to back down on his question, but would not pursue it so openly. He still knew his place after all. Iason smiled. Trust his Ex-Furniture to know him so well as to be able to play his games.

"I need a base of power outside of Tanagura," and so the Master spoke as a reward to Katze's concern. "One that will respond the same way as the Tower to Neu-Jupiter but on a separate plane so it's not so easily compromised. Fortresses for defence, for safekeeping...call it a contingency plan or excess if you want, but I need a grip on something beyond what's here and now."

Riki's voice suddenly erupted in familiar laughter, and belatedly did Katze realize…Of course it was the Pet. It had always been about the Pet. The Pet who had been the cause and cure of it. Iason was looking intently at the other even as they spoke.

"I need more certainties," said the Blondie.

Katze understood. The Master was no longer the unfeeling artificial...in that year they had slept he had been entirely transformed. Now he knew the feeling of helplessness, of constrictions, to not be able to do anything. They both looked at Riki. When the Pet noticed this, he turned to them with a smile before letting himself be led away by his nurses to ready for turning in for the night.

Such dangerous Furniture, doting on something so utterly precious. Iason must indeed be mad in this form of trust, yet the redhead had thought about how they had all doubled, no, tripled the efforts to make sure nothing would ever spiral out of control again. Dominance and a complete grasp of the situation was the only way both the Blondie and himself could be what they are.

And they both wanted Riki safe…

"It does not matter whether something does happen or not," Iason couldn't help but sigh in resignation. He was talking of the danger, danger to them both, and that he must protect Riki from it no matter what. "The world must never know the extent by which we've gone.

"What lies beneath all this, I expect you to keep as our own little secret."

Notes:

Yuri: And thus, the preparations for war intensifies. But war with who? Feel free to guess. ^_^

Chapter 32

Notes:

Yuri: That time of the week again kiddies. Updates all around and some little questions which I might answer later.

To those who've been asking me what I've been up to and why I haven't replied lately, my apologies. Still busy with real-world work and with fleshing out the eBook. I can't believe it's next year already!

Oh well. Enjoy? ^_^

Chapter Text

Jupiter's Tower, two weeks after the Pet Auction and the failed assassination.

The Master and his Exclusive were again in the Tanaguran Seat of Power, Official Home to Jupiter during his reign and now serving as a secondary Nest to the couple. It was to be a short visit before heading off to rendezvous with Raoul, the Pet counting that this would be perhaps only the third or forth time he had been here, impressed to see though that many things had changed since he last strayed here…

Dressed in red cotton and black leather, Riki was noting how the barren, metallic walls now housed what appeared to be a library of sorts, composed mainly of dataslates and virtual screens thinner than his fingers, compressed vertically to resemble so many books of various sizes that puzzled to create the solid sections.

"When did you get this place renovated?" the Pet had to ask.

He stared up at what was now a large, iridescent Positronic Brain hung from the very centre of the room like a chandelier, the improved Eye of the System, with two pod beds beneath it the Pet guessed would be for him and Iason, both of the same metallic gold colour, cushioned with soft white leather, aligned so that whoever occupied them could chose to face each other, or lie beside each other, and could still see directly to the Brain once looking up.

Though Riki of course thought he could just fit in one with his Master...for the purpose of snuggling...among other activities they can do on it. The Pet smiled to himself.

Iason had already taken seat on one of these interfaces, comfortably allowing his body to make the shape of the generous equipment, watching as Riki spread his wings to get to the slates and screens, hand out to take one of them off the curving shelves.

The Pet looked through it as he flew down where Iason was, scanning the contents, sitting himself comfortably by his lover's side and snuggling with folded wings. Ah he was right. They fit one pod fine.

"This isn't just one of those regular memory banks is it?" Riki leaned in as Iason reached to lovingly stroke his hair.

"It's for you to study," said the Blondie, blue eyes warm with affection. "That way you become better at interfacing."

"But I don't like interfacing…" Riki admitted.

At its current phase, the mongrel respected what was dubbed their interfacing as a scary feat, due to how when he now tranced during sex, it had become doubly horrific. He'd find himself in places of the System he had never encountered before, struggling within some unidentified virtual grips that was always keen to sucking him into the torrents of its territories.

He would be easily lost in the receptacles and repositories of all its information, if not for Iason able to call him back.

"The education of pets is a bit unorthodox don't you think?" he quizzed his Blondie.

Iason kissed him on the lips, but gently, just a faint touch. "You've been having lessons in history, the arts and nuclear physics with Katron all this time and now you're conscientious? Really?"

Riki just smiled at that, placing the screen down beside him. That was rather true. He did like those little lectures at home, his nurse more than just capable for a teacher, but then he fell asleep during the arithmetic parts. And Ancient Economics. He absolutely hated Ancient Economics, though lately he wouldn't mind having these sessions again. Class had been suspended for now; sadly, Katron still hasn't come back…

Iason kissed him again, the slightest of connections which made Riki frown once more. Was he trying to tease him?

Why the..."Hey Blondie…" and he pulled his lover closer with a bit of an annoyed scowl, touching their noses together, meeting their eyes. "That's not the proper way to kiss me."

Iason gave a short chuckle, before flipping them over unexpectedly, Riki going under him in three seconds flat. The Pet's black hair fanned around his head rather artfully, a bit lengthy now, and the Blondie couldn't help but stare. The lights emanating from the Positronic Brain gleamed in his obsidian eyes, the eyes of his Pet, his love…

"You're one to always complain nowadays. Never satisfied are we?"

"Maybe," Riki laughed...before Iason descended to claim what was rightfully his in the more pressing way the Pet wanted.


Raoul's personal lab beneath Eos One.

On a similar interfacing pod as that in Jupiter Tower, Iason held an unconscious Riki in his arms, nestled to his side, the Pet connected in sleep as he opened the second layer of the System for the two Blondies, the ribbons of data swirling around them as Neu-Jupiter picked through the information tucked within the Will of the old god, casting the selected portions to a nearby screen, the ribbons fading as they collided with the slate.

Every now and then he ran his palm down Riki's back, making the Pet inhale then exhale deliciously, the latter's body just so used to his touch that even in sleep it responded...

It didn't take long until all the requisites were compiled for Raoul, Iason then handing the transparent screen to his friend, the contents of which the exact equivalent of five megabanks of data. Meager by comparison but should be enough to begin work.

"This should be all of it. Take all the time you need before you tell me what you think," said the superior Blondie.

He need not say that everything here would be kept confidential. To lose the information contained in this single slate alone would be tantamount to disaster.

Raoul simply nodded, staring down as if in disbelief at what he was now being entrusted with. A portion of Jupiter's Will! He still had his doubts whether this had been true or not, but was amazed nonetheless that he was able to witness the actual interfacing, finding out that it was truly infinite times more faster than the processing they could accomplish with Tanagura's current state of technology, even while using a state-of-the-art neural link or brain gear.

Everything came up too rapidly, Riki, once held down by Iason's sway becoming a key that unlocked even the most intimate of System secrets. Astounding. He must ask his friend for permission to study further this function of the Exclusive. Raoul wanted to know how far Riki's reach was, or how fast…

"Time to wake up Pet. Open your eyes."

For now however, this was enough, Iason stroking Riki's cheek with a bare palm, the Master Ring there gleaming under the mellow lights, the gesture urging his lover out of his unconsciousness.

In sync to his will, the Exclusive responded immediately to Neu-Jupiter's call, eyes slowly opening, Riki glad that the first face he saw was that of his beloved.

"Iason…"

The Pet had always told the Blondie that he was scared to fall into this state of unconsciousness without him, that he always found interfacing with the System alone to be overwhelming, draining. It was like sleep which one could not simply wake up from. It was frightening. It always reminded him of waking up months ago without Iason there.

"Are you all right?"

Riki could say he is but then he truly isn't especially after connecting that long. Iason understood this, and, to quell the other's worries, gently tipped his Pet's chin up so he may bestow upon his prince a welcoming kiss.


The elites of Tanagura somehow found the idea of an unleashed Pet roaming Eos' scientific headquarters uncomfortable, so to settle some further note of concern, he took Orphe's request and had asked Riki to wear his collar, at least, while within the walls of the centre, the hooded cape likewise present, covering the otherwise sexy black-red ensemble the Furniture had put together for the Pet of the House.

As the Blondie led him through around Eos however, the hand by which he held the end of the chain binding his Pet also held the Pet's hand, their fingers twined lovingly.

Iason could hardly wait to get outside, that way he may get rid of this superficial collet, no matter if Riki wasn't complaining.

"Dinner at Midas perhaps?" Iason had been inviting his Exclusive when he received an unexpected call and was surprised to see it was Orphe.

Reluctantly, he took it, but without letting go of his Pet's hand.

"What is it?" the Blondie had quirked his brow as if insulted that they had been intruded upon. Then Riki watched Iason's face turn sour. "What?" before he heard that sigh of resignation. It must be something downright important to get the Blondie to acquiesce instantly, though halfheartedly. "All right. Let me see."

"What was that?"

Iason folded his phone into a palm-sized, transparent square before he pocketed it. "Some business," apologetically looking at Riki. "I'll need to go back to the office to check on it."

"Shall I go back with you?"

The Blondie considered the long way up and sighed, shaking his head with a smile.

"No need," and he bent to pull the Pet to him, hands running possessively over, causing Riki to shudder. "Wait for me at the lobby. I won't be long…"

Chapter 33

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

Riki took to the the lobby and waited as he was instructed, under the cover of his hood, looking down from an upper level to the main of the place below, noting the manner by which the other elites went about their daily work, always busy, always headed off somewhere withe their heads of colour which defined their place in this society.

Tanagura has always prided itself for the efficiency by which it went about almost all its labours, like the most successful of colonies, having already achieved a harmony in the way it governed everything it's accomplished and will accomplish, though admittedly, this would be the first time Riki had been able to observe such unity so closely. Only now was he able to stop and notice just how perfect this metallic utopia had been, as Jupiter had designed it, and it will stay that way under Iason's rule.

Perhaps. For he knew Tanagura had its own side of darkness and flaw. Only its aspects that were being constantly worked upon seemed to stay complete and absolute, maybe the reason why these elites worked upon them too much, because otherwise once they stopped their toil, the realm would be crumbling, this Valhalla of sort would be exposed for the true dystopia that it really was…

The Pet looked up.

As proof of Tanagura's belief in their newest god, they had now erected an epic effigy of his master on the very centre of the lobby, a gargantuan gold statue of Iason with the new robes, the longer hair, the serene, handsome face, a hand extended with its palm up which in turn held in its midst a similar version of the more powerful Positronic Brain they had up in Jupiter's Tower.

Riki for some reason could feel a kinship with the orb, the levitating iridescent Eye calling to him, the layers of the System humming in his veins…the Exclusive peered closer. Yes, this was definitely the same Eye they interface with up in the tower. He could feel it draw at him. But why was it here?

Riki pulled his hood down, freeing his hair, the chains connected to his collar rattling. The expensively refined silver gleamed.

He was aware that he has allowed himself to be decked by ornaments and fineries very much like how a pet should be dressed. He has really been changed by the year that had gone, hasn't he? Look at him now! Even the Pet Ring biting the flesh between his legs felt…normal

He sighed. The old god had most definitely won with this transformation.

"My, this is a rare sight. If it isn't the Jewel of Jupiter..."

Riki did not even have to turn around to find out he had been accosted by Blondies, feeling their presence like unwanted poltergeists haunting the corner of his memories. He knew that voice even before he saw who they were, and as easily enough, fate be damned, the forms of both Aisha and Gideon were now walking towards him, both Adonises out of their Council robes and back to their curve-emphasizing suits and covering capes, long manes falling free.

They most always are impressive, these Blondies. Their cybernetic forms were the stuff of dreams and fiction; the way they carried themselves an envy to all other elites. They had been made ideal…but none like Iason. For Riki, there would only be Iason.

"Hello Pet," it was Aisha Rosen, whom Iason always thought to be vaguely intrigued of him, infected by not the slightest emotion that it was unnerving.

The Exclusive has hated him since the first time they met, the Blondie a quiet opposition and keen to cause some mischief during the parties Riki's attended after returning from his brief sojourn in Ceres. To make things worse, he was now in Gideon's company. How tedious.

But to say he couldn't handle them would be a misconception. Riki had always been capable of taking anyone on and, true enough, his eyes neither faltered nor flinched as he stared at the two who'd invaded his reverie.

They looked him back.

Nowadays, the Pet had been more gorgeous than anyone had remembered him and, after the Auction Party, had been seen by everyone as an inevitable fascination. He has the favour of Jupiter on his head, not to mention he still had Iason's complete and utter devotion, the concept of love still an eluding subject to these artificial beauties as they eyed him from their lofty heights.

The Pet had that determination on his person, a fire that burned brightly even now. It was so tenaciously, not to mention dangerously attractive.

Gideon smiled. "Alone again Pet?"

That shouldn't be their concern now, should it? Riki so wanted to bite back with an obvious tinge of sarcasm, but instead just silenced himself, not caring to return the smile with his own, the Eye Iason's statue was holding reacting with a slight contraction as if it too had been offended, gleaming with a pulse.

Aisha looked at Gideon. His expression seemed to say, Tread carefully.

Gideon gave him a smirk as if in response, I know.

Riki rolled his eyes and gave an exasperated sigh. He opted to deliberately ignore these two, mentally apologizing to the System and thinking that he'd perhaps go up after Iason instead.

"Whatever. Excuse me," and that was exactly what he did, though the two weren't at all through with him yet...

Having a Pet ignore them is a blow to any elite, especially a Blondie's ego. Aisha stopped Riki as the latter turned to leave, hand holding him back by the arm as the other pulled at the chain, drawing him closer.

Damn it.

Aisha was also good-looking, though more effeminate than his beloved Iason, and colder as he forced him to look into his beautifully-coloured eyes.

"It seems you've forgotten your place pet," the Blondie breathed. Riki smelt pleasantly of flowers and mint and something close to heady musk. "Pets usually give their Masters some form of welcoming affection when they meet."

The mongrel scowled in definite defiance, twisting himself away from the other's grasp. "As far as I was told, I don't answer to bastards like you Aisha."

How could he forget this Blondie? The Bacchanalias and Soirees he'd attended years before had always been utterly difficult with him around, always stirring up trouble, a solemn instigator who loved to douse more fuel into any fire.

But then Riki did shut him up, the last time he was on the limelight, in the parties he had attended and performed on when he'd returned to Eos after a year's worth of absence. He'd been human then, and Iason was loathe to admit his own emotions in public, neh, even in private.

Now he returns as Jupiter's creation. At the recent Pet Auction, he'd done it again, casting all the other Blondies in an uncharacteristic quiet, had them all enthralled trying to define what they were seeing before them. And Iason was now completely vocal with what he felt, flaunted it in fact, once mentioning that the others might as well be jealous because of it…oh how his Master knew this truth!

Riki has since been aware of the effect he had on others, how his so-called animalistic allure could become the obsession of others as it had been Iason's, Guy's, Kirie's, the other members of Bison...heaven knows who else!

He had them all wrapped up in that fantasy of him. This had been the defining characteristic that the old Jupiter had banked upon, turning this special appeal into something nearly weapon-like when he made the Pet anew.

"Ah, so aware of the Laws are we now?" Aisha fixed him in place, but Riki rebelled against that. "You really just get away with mouthing off on Blondies do you? Do you find it so thrilling? Or perhaps that part of you just isn't disciplined well enough?"

At that, Riki's frown was more than just obvious. But before he could pass a hitting remark, and throw a punch following, Iason cleared his throat and quelled the argument even before it escalated.

They all turned as the majestic form of Neu-Jupiter came into the light, the superior Blondie instantly eyeing the unusual gathering. Quite a crowd.

"Gideon…Aisha…" Iason acknowledged.

Both acknowledged Neu-Jupiter with a slight bow in return, "Iason…"

"It's not good to go around picking fights," said the Master but it was directed more to the other Blondies than his Pet.

Riki did cross his arms however, "Who's picking?" and sighed simply, even as Iason pulled him closer in his signature show of public affection, a gloved hand slipping in through the cape's folds to hold the Pet by his bare waist.

"Been rather busy today?" it was Aisha who picked up the conversation.

Neu-Jupiter nodded once. "Indeed."

"The price of godhood. At least you get full perks," Gideon opted to chuckle it out but eyed Riki who returned the gesture with another deep glare. Iason sighed at that simply.

Everyone has seen his schedule, Orphe personally handled piecing it all together before posting it up for all of their benefit, and already it was booked for the next three weeks alone. As a matter of fact, he had just been informed of an impromptu task he needed to attend to immediately. That in mind, he turned to his love.

"Pet, I will need to leave early."

Well that was seemingly expected, but his Exclusive didn't like how it rang in his ears.

"That just sounded like you're going without me."

This time Iason was more than apologetic. "There had been a contamination at Eos Tower Two. It's still being seen to at the moment as Orphe had informed me."

"So that was the emergency," Aisha mused. "My Pet and Furniture were moved to Kalga with the others."

Riki looked up at Iason, immediately concerned. "Did it reach the Palace?"

Iason knew his beloved had already developed a fondness for their new home and the Furniture and was, as he figured, indeed worried.

"No. Quarantine had already been exercised.

"The elites have been evacuated and are now getting checked. The Furniture and Pets, as Aisha had said, have been taken to Kalga 84 for a similar procedure."

"What about Katrice and Kantre though? Kalga doesn't have the facilities to maintain them, do they?"

That took the other Blondies by surprise. So the Pet knew about the composition of the triplets when even they did not? Disappointingly enough, most parts of Neu-Jupiter's life was a closely guarded book, the keys to which given to very few if one wanted to split hairs about it. And these were the superior Blondie's most trusted allies...

Iason kissed his Pet on the forehead. That was smart figuring on Riki's behalf, just a bit too straightforward. There was to be no mention of Palace secrets in public, that was a general though unwritten ruling they observed. For protection purposes and the utmost safety.

"You know who has them," said Iason and need not elaborate further on the subject.

Of course. This meant Katze also took the twins into custody; he could imagine the broker coming in to tow them off. The Underground was the only place with the proper tools to examine the Trinity, the facility to manufacture them having been built there first.

The Master continued, "A mandatory maintenance is now being processed in Eos Tower Two. This includes the Summit of our Palace so I will need to attend to that."

The Blondies watched Riki frown, but held at his sudden disappointment, "There goes our plans for dinner then?"

Iason chuckled. "I'm in a bind as it is Pet," before he pulled Riki to arch up to him.

Barriers of clothing between them notwithstanding, the heat was apparent, the Master's hands snaking around his lover's back as he kissed the Pet's offered lips tenderly.

Gideon looked hard at that. Aisha in turn looked at Gideon with much suspicion…The former was becoming a bit queer lately, he noticed. But then who was not? Everyone was intrigued.

All this sublime show on the lovers' behalf affected everyone. Even while it was yet to be confirmed in the past, it had tugged at all elites with such influence, it made everyone's head ache.

One knew emotions cannot be quantified, and as such, they had been programmed to suppress it. Yet here was an enigma in the bunch of perfect beings, Iason Mink, who feared not the emotions he had let amok in himself, and was even rewarded the Neu-Jupitership for his rebellion to the norms.

"I don't want you to contract anything thus it's unthinkable for me to take you with me," Iason spoke coolly when the kiss broke, but held the Pet in the circle of his arms still, regardless of who was looking. "I can't let you roam as without Katron or the Twins I won't even trust the safest of war bots with you.

"I definitely am not considering leaving you up in Jupiter's Tower or my office as I know it will bore you. You may get…ideas," said the Master, the Pet chuckling, imagining what he meant by that 'get ideas', Iason running affectionate fingers through his hair.

"Then where am I supposed to go? Just take me with you already."

Iason sighed. He really wanted to grant that plea but he wouldn't risk it. Orphe warned that it might have been another attempt at terrorism. The fact it got through to Eos Two of all places, even if it was just a surface breach: this they still have to investigate deeper upon. But what would he do with Riki until then?

Gideon was the one who supplied a better idea. "We can take him," he suggested.

Aisha visibly gaped. "We are?"

"Come on Aisha. We have nothing else to do this afternoon. Besides, Iason said it himself, he won't trust just anyone with Riki.

"He can trust us," and he smiled at the Pet, the latter somehow finding it hard to believe what he was hearing, immediately raising quite a number of red flags.

"Don't tell me you're thinking about this," Riki protested.

Gideon seemed enthusiastic, "We know your Pet has not seen all of Tanagura. Or…" he smiled indicatively at Aisha, tossing a hint that the other understood with a narrowing of his eyes. On the contrary, they did have plans for the evening, but Gideon seemed to want to insist on this impromptu pet-sitting, "…we can bring him on a personalized tour of Midas if he wants.

"What say you Iason?"

Aisha sighed reluctantly.

"I think we can handle your Pet if that's what you're worried about" the other Blondie eventually gave, but shaking his head at Gideon as if saying you owe me for this, throwing one of his best, most confident expressions at the superior Blondie. Albeit that was genuine nonchalance.

The three fell into calculative silence as if to mentally discuss the matter. Riki had a bad feeling about it. He protested again, "Don't tell me you agree?"

Too late. Iason had already decided. He sincerely apologized.

"It's just for the time being. But worry not...you will be back in my arms by tonight," he said.

And to pacify Riki's other qualms, he took him into his arms again but, this time, bent to kiss his beloved on the neck as he loosened the collar of the hood, showing the other two the delicious little reactions he could pull out of his lover, biting hard enough to make the Pet stutter, leaving a necessary mark in an obvious spot as if for good measure, kissing over it.

Riki closed his eyes and allowed it, a soft cry escaping his lips, his fingers grasping unconsciously at his Blondie's robes. This was the way by which Iason often got him to agree on things, well, more of surrender.

It was too patronizing that it was annoying. Deliciously patronizing but annoying. He stopped Iason with a hand.

"Just don't take too long," came the Pet's reply, eyes alight with a certain hunger even as his brows furrowed.

The expression on Iason's face gave the promise that he'll satisfy that, but for now, a short parting was in order.

With that he fastened the cape back into place, smoothing the covering, taking Riki by the chain of his leash and his hand, leading him over where Gideon and Aisha had been waiting and ogling though discreetly.

He was serious when he looked at one then the other Blondie, an icy frost in his persona as he next handed the chain over to Gideon, reminiscent of his notorious Ice Noble.

"Not a scratch," came his warning. He meant that.

Gideon merely smiled, "Of course" looking down on the silver in his hand then at the beautiful but upset Pet on the other end of it, thinking this to be the most mirthful of opportunities. This will surely be a most interesting night...

The fresh love bite was prominent, a red mark that asserted Iason's ownership definitely. Aisha continued to have his reservations, that things might happen as they have already begun.


Note:

Kalga 84* - another translation would have been Karuga 84 but both are acceptable.

Notes:

Yuri: Exactly how interesting? Read the next chapter to find out. ^_^

Updating on the fly. Camping in the middle of nowhere. Ah, you gotta love Down Under.

---
POST-NOTE to upload: ALL my Blondies are MALE.

Chapter 34

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

Riki was annoyed, and now he's bored, the two Blondies who had volunteered to 'pet-sit' him for the rest of the day doing nothing but drag him around the many unheard places in Eos, more like just showing him off than an actual tour, even stopping by the other Blondies' labs and offices to whisper amongst themselves, staring him down from where they'd left him with his chain on a seat or couch for some thirty or so minutes before hurrying off again.

This made the Pet roll his eyes in exasperation. What did these damned elites take him for? Now he knew how bacteria in petri dishes felt like. These Blondies just really loved to stare, though he had nothing to be ashamed about.

The fact he was Iason's was no secret, even the truth that the superior Blondie had sex with him almost every night. Perhaps it was more that the others wondered how that was then? Who wants to know? Riki frowned.

He shook his wings he unfurled and tried to distract himself by smoothing the silver, letting his generous cape fall to the floor. Katrice and Kantre had been doing an excellent job at maintaining the webbing, but it still missed Katron's touch. No. Truth be told, he missed the company.

"Ah, looks like the Pet is depressed," Haynes Salas whispered to Gideon when he noticed Riki sulking, looking absently out of the window. They had visited the Blondie at his office today, the seventh stop if the Pet counted right. "He must miss Iason."

The three Blondies observed him quietly. True enough, Riki had been thinking about his lover, but had not brought himself to call the other knowing he'd be busy and that it might distract the other, neither did he want to be branded as lovesick lest he was aiming to be teased by it all night…

Iason was the one who checked up on him however, and it made the Pet smile when, upon unfolding his phone, he'd seen his beloved's face on the transparent screen. The other Blondies just grimaced as the Pet took the call, laughing every now and then at his Master's flirting. It seemed to have livened Riki's mood…

"I love you," it sounded quite odd, overhearing it from a fellow Blondie, but they knew Iason meant these words which he always told his Pet, like a charm of his affections.

"As I, you. I love you Iason," the admittance was equally stunning, colouring Riki's eyes with a pleasant light…

After his Master's call, the Pet was able to take the sojourn through Eos in stride, recalling how Daryl and then Cal had done this sort of escorting before, but not without dissatisfying thoughts. Thankfully the Trinity had been more practical with him.

The triplets didn't think the Pet of the Mink Household to be so mindless that he should be pointed and guided to even the simplest of interactions in Eos Tower Two. They treated him as a special case amongst all pets, and were proud of the fact of his independence.

Katron in particular had been definitely happier that the first lesson he actually ever discussed with his Master Riki were the complexities of the Palace's Defenses of all things instead of a dull game of 'which buttons' other Furniture would have to contend with.

Besides, Riki didn't really need buttons to press. He could infiltrate the network without using a terminal, capable, as the Exclusive, of so much more. This pleased the Trinity, which also served to please Iason knowing his House was in absolute order…

But damn, as the hours ticked away, Riki was getting extremely irritated - again.

He'd been dragged around by both his temporary Blondie caretakers and they were thinking of visiting Silbert next on some silly excuse of business. How irksome. Riki was fed up with all this drama.

As they walked the lengthy, glass-lined corridor leading to the other farther levels of Eos One, the Pet was no longer able to contain himself. He narrowed his eyes, letting his temper get the best of him…

Elsewhere, Iason felt the sudden shift in the System even before any physical sign of the reaction happened as back in Tower One, Gideon and Aisha halted, noting how there was now an unexpected surge affecting their surroundings.

Riki was beyond annoyed, enough that he'd reached to unfasten the collar around his neck and march forward. The System fluctuated around him as the Pet walked to stand between the two elites, handing the rest of his leash to a surprised Gideon.

"If you're gonna spend time idling about, you wear this and I'm going," growled the Pet, brows meeting in a classic glare before he moved onward, a swish of his hooded cape as he freed himself from it.

His sable wings unfurled and fluttered once, before he gracefully folded them behind, no intentions of coming back anytime soon.

Aisha held a hand to his hip, "He still has that unique temperament, hasn't he?"

Gideon found that amusing, but realized they had to stop Riki from leaving, after all, they had promised Iason he will be taken cared for. The Blondie called after him, "Pet, wait up."

Riki had no intentions to, but he stopped in mid-stride, still fuming, the System continuing to oscillate around them in a display of willed instability.

"Calm down Pet. Don't go flaring like that," it was Aisha who cautioned the Exclusive, joining Gideon who had picked up the fallen robe. "It actually takes us quite the effort to repair the System once you get started."

"Then quit messing around! What is it that you want anyway!?"

Just like the Pet of Jupiter to be so indignant, but this was acceptable behavior. Riki had never once fully exercised his Exclusivity rights. Some feared he hadn't accepted it. This was a good show of progress. But the damned System fluctuated again, blending with Riki's emotions like some nasty concoction.

Aisha smiled in the barest. "We thought you'd appreciate the scenery," he said, which was not entirely a lie.

The corridor that they were passing opened through to the newest addition to Eos One, a lovely sight of gardens highlighted by three marvelous fountains and coiffured blooming trees. But then Riki was tired of being ported about. This he had no qualms about showing.

"He's right," Gideon drew closer. "We thought you might enjoy taking a walk for a while."

Riki crossed his arms, not daring to hide his annoyance. Who were they fooling? He understood how this had all been just a game to the two Blondies. Exclusive or not, they saw a stunning opportunity to test themselves with him. Unconsciously or otherwise, they also wanted to see how far they can make him do as they wanted.

Because for Iason, Riki could never really say 'no'. With other Blondies however, he flouted them every time.

"Ease up Riki...since it's still early, why don't you accompany Aisha and I to one of our last engagements today?" it was an invitation Riki would have declined given the choice.

But with the Palace under maintenance and without any of the Trinity to accompany him, he still wouldn't be able to go anywhere.

Aisha goaded on the idea, "We thought of getting you a suite in Apathia, but I doubt you'd like that."

Riki's scowl deepened. They're really pushing it…

"You make it sound like I have no choice."

"We're asking you nicely are we not?" Gideon raised a hand and slipped it just beneath the Pet's jaw, warm palm sliding down to the beating neck, noting with narrowed eyes the hickey Iason had earlier left on Riki's flesh, a thumb passing over it.

Surprisingly, albeit the expression of doubt on his face, Riki allowed the unusual gesture. The Blondies were becoming bolder with him it seemed. He hated it.

"What?" the Pet raised his chin, the air of stubbornness still there.

He felt nothing for this touch. It wasn't Iason therefore the reactions were bland irritation. But then he did not push him away either, which was a surprise.

"Allow me?" was all the Blondie asked as he raised the collar to once more dress the Exclusive with it and the robe...

Notes:

Yuri: I know. This is actually a three-chapter treat for all those who've been following the progress of this story closely.

Someone asked me if Gideon would be getting his own Exclusive. Hmm...hahahaha...stop being psychics guys. You'll run me out of business. But spoiler-hint: it doesn't happen until Storia Four. That's all.

Oh yeah. Just finished fleshing out an advance chapter involving a nice little Blondie Game. Intrigued? Yeah, me too. ^_^

Chapter 35

Notes:

Yuri: Yeah, I'm updating. Why? Because I'm going to be base jumping in thirty minutes and in the case I don't make it alive (wah, heaven help me), I'd like you all to remember me...hahahaha...

Nervous. Enough. Enjoy. ^_^

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

Hood up, chained collar on, Riki was ensconced in an Aircar and from Eos One was brought to Midas, with both Gideon and Aisha as his stunning escorts. At first, he didn't have a clue as to where they were taking him, but, upon arrival, upon seeing the myriad of elites and pets choking the venue, Riki realised exactly where he'd been thrust into…

"Should've known it was another Soiree," Riki mumbled out loud. "You Blondies are hopeless!"

At that Aisha laughed mildly. "Brings back fond memories doesn't it Pet?"

He could do well without the sarcasm. Everyone knew Riki thought of his experiences with these Coming Out's as utterly terrible. It brought really loathsome recollections - his initial taste of aphrodisiacs the first, being terrorized by the Pet Ring during his second...thankfully, now that he's the Exclusive, he is never going to experience a third of this harrowing ordeal. And here now he didn't need to do anything really. He had the right to refuse, an elite in his own right and on a different plain of standards.

Somehow that made him forgive his Blondie keepers…at least as far as being civil was concerned.

"Master Gideon, Master Aisha…"

Francois Hugo was the Sapphire who was having his Pet debut tonight. She was a Purebred from the newest breeder, Axania, a name rising to acclaim for the shocking vividness of their pets, types like those with changing hair colour depending on the light or glowing body markings as a result of the manipulation of integrated organic fibre optics in their bodies. They were reminiscent of the extinct chameleons.

"I am honoured you've both made it."

The two superiors made a little bow of courtesy. They were actually here in behalf of Orphe, the organizer of all events, who was now occupied with the affairs at Eos Two and therefore, could not be present.

"The honour is ours Francois. Is that Amisa?" Gideon gestured.

They all eyed the redheaded beauty in her gilded cage in the very centre of the floor, her information flashed prominently on the virtual screen directly above her. Already she was in heat, showing off her splendid, manufactured features to watching elites and guests. Her skin had strange exotic markings that seemed to gleam beautifully under the glare of the neon positioned about her. Really lewd. Really shameless. Riki felt like he was going to hurl. He wished he was home…

"Lovely pet," Gideon smiled, but his eyes were on the hooded beauty they have covered behind them instead of the bitch. Riki was certainly feeling giddy again. It was easy to tell.

Francois stopped for a moment. Speaking of which, the lack of pets on both Blondies was noticeable enough.

"Are you not accompanied by your pets today Masters?"

It was a Soiree, a Coming Out, a Cotillion to show off one's personal possessions so everyone in attendance had their belongings in tow when they attended, including the best of the Capital's Furniture and the pets which they will escort by the leash. Blondies always had top-notch bitches or studs for show, those that cost more than any other, but now, the anticipated guests had come in empty-handed...or so everyone thought.

Gideon: "Ah, something came up that required us to leave them."

"Was it the contamination at Eos Two by any chance?" Francois pried, knowing that the number of Blondies had taken up residence in the same place as Neu-Jupiter, and of course, the earlier dilemma could have affected them.

But then maintenance had been done hours ago, and all pets had been discharged as clean with no trouble. In fact, the other Masters were already here with their lovely nuisances.

"Ah, it's not that Francois," Aisha replied with a cool flourish, making eaves-droppers curious as to the reason. "We're actually pet-sitting someone else's beloved today," he added and smiled.

"Pet-sitting you say?"

At that Riki sighed. So this was what they wanted to do? Where had the times of no one wanting to be associated to a mongrel gone?

The bastards…the Pet could only curse.

But then he was aware he'd have to make the appearance eventually; he didn't want to stay hidden under this burdensome cape all night. How hard was it to dine earlier with the pesky hood on. Exclusivity did carry with it its own weight…figuratively and literally. The collar was equally bothersome.

As much as Riki was dismayed, Gideon was feeling rather proud, and so was Aisha for fact who was secretly sharing this thrill and immense elation, that they had on a leash the one being everyone was so interested about…

So this must be how Iason felt every time, especially now? Having a fine-pedigree pet was one thing. Having a pet borne of Jupiter was a whole new experience altogether. Riki was a seducer, was he not? He had an appeal akin to none, whether they admit to it or not.

The Blondies both stepped aside as they graciously urged forward, almost theatrically, the hooded one who'd been diligently silent behind them, carefully removing the black velvet cape he had on.

"Time to flex your wings," Gideon whispered, more of requested, and this time, Riki did roll his eyes as the outer layer of his costume was undone, both Blondies assisting to pull over and off of his shoulders the heavy mantle.

Riki raised his head, revealing his obsidian eyes that were more in the line of black diamonds. And he watched as everyone visibly stopped.

"Is that…?" the Sapphire gaped, almost not believing who it was before him.

Even the pets in their play had halted, eyes rounding… Most of them had heard but did not know Riki. To them, this was a dark, alluring creature that had come to join them and they wanted to get to know him better, although of course that will no longer be permissible.

Riki was aware he'd have to play this game in public. He obliged Gideon in his request then and stretched his tired arms, glad that he was allowed to flex his well-sculpted muscles and the wings which magically slipped out from within his anatomy, again, powdered by the trademark jewels, the weave and the diamonds in them glinting, before he folded them back in his signature way.

He wore his soft cotton red top in a halter, coupled with black leather pants and boots, a simple arm bracelet…plain enough for a costume but elegantly put together. And very sexy as the ensemble did nothing to hide his unnatural qualities.

Amisa was drooling. She was whispering to the other females that he wanted this one to ride, noting the bulge encased between his legs.

Francois felt excited. Everyone was curious as they looked him down, looked at the marks on his skin, the Jupiter Branding at the bottom of his spine and love bites alike.

"I thought he never left Iason's side?"

"Beautiful…"  among other such murmurings.

The Pet just denied his better self from becoming angry. He was no pet who admired throwing tantrums at every opportunity. He knew better. Hadn't even Jupiter instructed him in sleep that for the sake of the Neu-godhood which now entailed them, Iason's very title, he needed to behave from time to time?

"The Exclusive! What a surprise!"

Riki sighed and looked away. Guess he's stuck here. A Pet in the midst of other lascivious pets. He couldn't help but feel worried, though of course he knew he didn't have to do anything that he didn't want to. He is the Exclusive after all...although...without Iason he seemed to doubt.

When Gideon noticed this, he smiled in understanding. But what he didn't understand however was why he was becoming an unusual gentleman, promptly offering his hand to the Exclusive again, the expression on his face that of assurance to the Pet.

The Blondie had that look which seemed to tell Riki that he need not worry as he'd take care of him in Iason's place. "It's all right," and he did whisper the thought, but gently this time, the words taking on a more intimate tone. "I got you."

This surprised Riki. Gideon Lagat was being nice to him…really? Or was this another one of those stupid games they played? Didn't they all like to do it? Even Iason had a mean streak close to the devil's and he let it out every now and then.

He turned to the Blondie with the question, but even before he could utter a word, he'd found himself being led forward, that hand taking his, a light, encouraging squeeze to it.

"Your best seats in the house, Hugo? And your best service," Gideon insisted. "The Exclusive has the reputation of being difficult to please.

"We wouldn't want to disappoint him."

Notes:

Yuri: "Thou shalt not covet your brother's..." And thus, Gideon begins to get into trouble. (Hehehehe, Base Jump time! I hope I survive!)

Chapter 36

Notes:

Yuri: I base jumped! And it was like "AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!" like "Damn shit!" "Dang it!" then "Woooooohhhhhhhhhhhooooooooooo!" until the parachute was deployed.

It was an indescribable feeling, falling like that. It was awesome. (Maybe I'll write a fanfic about it, haha.) And I survived, hehehe. Stop lighting the dirge candles folks. ^_^

Oh yeah, kinda busy again. Real-world work, eBook near-deadline-ish and I'm just halfway editing, and then there's my good friend Mila who has recently celebrated her birthday.

Been busy writing her a DRRR! fic she requested from me as a birthday gift. I got the inspiration from somewhere in her message, "Say, Yuri-chan, if ever Shizaya eloped and got married, how do you think would that be?"

Well, I've never read nor watched DRRR, really. But I did my research so I can answer her question. Hahaha. Damned interesting. I actually read, watched and immersed in all things DRRR from manga to dj to anime all in one day. Wow. Record.

And I think Mila is happy. Thank gods she didn't ask for a full plot, multi-chaptered story. (The requirement was just snippets and such manner coz she likes that sort of drama.) Although the long one I could have done too. Perhaps after Cinco? ^_^

She was amused with the slight NC and the tonnage of fluff sent her way. Wait. That wasn't fluff at all was it? (wry smile) And that wasn't slight NC either. Far from it! Hahahaha. (I think Shizuo just threw a car at me.)

Anyways, that said, on to our story. It's been a long time coming, don't you agree?

Chapter Text

Orphe's office in Eos Two had been converted into a stunning piece of virtual space, everything controlled interactively through a series of solid holograms floating about, the transparent screens and multiple monitoring channels arranged in stacks one on top of the other around a centre chair and its physical platform of controllers, like so many layers, the main terminals and keypads in the same way virtually projected before it. The cables and other such hardware are unseen, with a large processing eye which took care of data storage, retrieval, execution…all manner of procedures pertaining to security which was constantly monitored and directly controlled here.

At the moment, as the Blondie in charge of Eos' defence details, Orpheus Zavi sat in this chair and was picking through the network to check if all was in order, double and now triple-checking both Towers particularly the one where Neu-Jupiter resided, the neural gear allowing him to interface and see even the most miniscule of details, keen eyes alert as the ribbons ran past him and about in a seemingly endless spiral of data, of information, calculations. His fingers were busy tapping on the virtual keys, inputting orders and executing the necessary programs, some of which he had re-written in a heartbeat in light of the earlier threat.

Iason was there, but was quietly pacing about, his eyes every now and then moving to look at his feet, noting how the surface seemed to ripple under his weight as if he were walking on water. But this was merely clever illusion. All of Orphe's new office was made in such a way that it tricked the senses into believing that one was somewhere else instead of the normal metallic walls, floor and ceiling particular to a Tanaguran space, depending on its owner's mood, the entire place projecting a seamless, live image in the most intricate and highest definition. His brother did like to show off.

Minimalist, Iason agreed, to be a most inappropriate description. This was a far cry from what things had been a year back. It was a common uncommon change of pace and spoke of nothing but the highest degree of technological accomplishment possible amongst the elite caste…

Right now, it was a sight from above of Tanagura that Iason was looking at, the entire capital visible below, through clouds and more clouds under him, real-time events unfolding. Of course he was aware this was a set of images uplinked from one of the many sentry surveillance bots floating above the city's airspace, capturing even the littlest detail of the actual going-ons beneath them.

The city's lights were already burning like so many candles, flickering flames, the ever-nocturnal neon of Midas far off a contrasting lover to the clean glare of Tanagura.

Hurrying Aircars zoomed just under footsteps, tiny specs headed off to precise yet unknown locations, pod cars in rows. When the superior Blondie looked above, he could see the moons, and thought that he'd want to enfold his Pet to this view tonight. Perhaps on the open tier to make it more dramatic; the idle clouds lingering, adding a touch of soul that otherwise would not be there.

"It wasn't more of a contamination as it was a diversion, the real attempt was to actually reach through Tower Two.

"They were aiming for the Palace," Orphe had said earlier.

Who wasn't these days? There were tons of threats mounting, and everyone was well-aware that Jupiter had always gotten attacked from almost anywhere since he'd rebelled against his makers. With Iason it would be no different.

But there was an apparent over or underestimation…the Palace had always been a separate locale. It was not connected to Eos Two itself thus any danger sent even from there would be useless. Yet it was still bothersome.

"I sometimes think we have made an error with the construction of Eos Two," Orphe finished a screen and cast it aside with one swipe of his hand, pulling another to check codes and syntaxes. "It should have been somewhere near the centre of Tanagura as Tower One is."

Iason knew there had been a fierce debate on the matter amongst the members of the Council but, as always, Raoul had convinced them that it was a worthy bribe for Iason's return, reasoning that it was also necessary to the godhood.

In a way it was, Neu-Jupiter was in concurrence. But to say Iason accepted the Palace for the prestige or for the sake of positioning well in their new world was another misjudged notion. He accepted it on account of Riki's security, as he had accepted Jupiter's Will for the very same rationale. The Palace was a place fitting for installing himself so he may better look at the world and keep his beloved safe from it.

"Are you actually considering our transfer back to Eos One, Orphe?"

The question made the latter pause, but briefly, casting a quick glance at Iason before resuming where he had been busier.

"That is to your discretion my Lord. I don't believe I have control on your decisions."

Iason laughed. "True. But your opinion counts where Jupiter's safety is concerned does it not?"

The other Blondie was secretly pleased to hear that. At least their dearest head trusted him well enough to consider what he had in mind. But then he knew Iason would not do anything as irrational; these days more circumspect than he had been before. His every move followed a certain path very few were privy to, even he, and everything he did had to consider Riki.

"The Pet is rather fond of your new home is he not? He may not approve of leaving."

"Maybe," Iason mused. "He's been to Eos One then Apathia, the slums and back…he's not so discriminating as to be actually fastidious like other pets."

Orphe eyed the superior Blondie with a slight amusement. In other words Riki would not be so selective once his Master snapped his fingers. Riki was the Pet who followed Neu-Jupiter's will. This was how Iason Mink doted on and at the same time controlled his favourite, both an open declaration of his affections.

The other Blondie sighed. He will never understand it of course - who does?- but it was called love, a phenomena they didn't have information they could study on about. It was a queer inflection.

"We'll just need to create a new layer of protection. It will be tedious work, but it's necessary," Orphe informed Neu-Jupiter. "I'll need an access through to the Palace. Can you grant me that request?"

Iason picked from the conversation and pulled up a virtual screen from nowhere easy, willing it to him as he sat down the normal chair Orphe offered before they sealed themselves in.

His interfacing was amazing, not needing a terminal, link or a holo channel to access what he needed to access, and here now he manipulated his Layer of the System to assist Orphe further, well-aware that the latter will encounter much trouble if he didn't. The Palace was both a fortress physically and digitally.

"I'll give you clearance through to the System there on the fourth node. I'll alert the Furniture."

"Thank you," the other Blondie nodded, fingering the virtual keys which rippled at his every touch.

Then Iason did something, pulling an even thinner version of a cyber screen, slipping it beneath his fingertips and getting all the contents to appear in a flash. He gave a head's up, "Orphe."

Neu-Jupiter flung the screen over, sending it afloat and spinning through the air of the room before the other Blondie caught and stood it so he may peer at what's inside. There were files coming up, the impressive credentials of the top hackers in Tanagura, Midas and elsewhere in the Star System, including some immigrants with just the right skills to match the necessity.

"What are these?"

Iason's lips curled in the familiar facial gesture of a smile, leaning back against his chair, fingers making a steeple as he rested his elbows, crossed his legs, simply willing other monitors and cyber terminals to manifest in front of him.

He wanted work to be done. He missed his Pet. He was aware where Gideon and Aisha had taken him of course, and he trusts they would keep their word, but who knew what would happen in the long run?

He wanted Riki home.

This in mind, Iason willed a connection to Katze and the Underground labs. If the Trinity was good to go, he'll send them for his Exclusive. Only before that…

"Those are the hackers I currently have in my employ," said the superior Blondie in response to Orphe's earlier question. "Make use of them as you deem fit."

Chapter 37

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

Now here was a Pet you wouldn't mind boasting off: the infamous Z-107M-E, black-winged,black-haired Riki, the Exclusive, Lover to Neu-Jupiter and key to the System, without whom Tanagura would be torn asunder.

It was Aisha who did the escorting this time, a Blondie the only elite seemingly fit to hold the chain of his leash, parading the once-mongrel for everyone to see and ogle at. He was Iason's lovely one, his information brandished on the virtual displays alongside the latest findings about his persona including but not limited to his impressive wingspan, his well-defined vital statistics and even his impressive length and thickness of a cock.

On top of that, they had openly boasted of his other impeccable capabilities, regeneration and self-healing amongst the superior of his qualities.

He was an oddity, but a breathtaking beauty, the files seemingly fine with showing how his origins had been from Ceres-Guardian but his breed to be none other than what was now called a Pure Jupiter, the only Pet that had and will ever be made by the old god's intervening hands. There was also mention of his official standing as Iason's Pairing Partner, wed to the latter without a doubt, which meant that he was likewise the only pet to be allowed to share the bed of the mightiest of all Blondies…

"I can see where Jupiter's intentions had finally taken form," one elite guest murmured to his nodding companion as Riki gracefully passed them, held by Aisha Rosen in the same manner as Iason was often seen with him, only more formally, the end of the chain and his hand in the Blondie's hand.

Riki was secretly annoyed. But then he just had to bear with it a bit more, he knew, covering his irritation with a mirror of Aisha's known nonchalance as he was moved in the circle. It would be over sooner than he'd expect it, but he could still see their avid looks and riveted glances. Again, he cursed at his second father, Jupiter. Was this really what the god had in mind when he re-designed him? He felt like being in a den of hungry chimeras though of course no elite would dare break their customs in the way he imagined it. Only Iason had the guts to do that...

When all that show-and-tell was over, instead of escorting the Exclusive to the cages to join the rest of the flock, he was escorted to the seats by his keepers, again, Gideon and Aisha to either side of him, to a solo Pet chair (which more or less looked like a bed than a chair) set aside by the master of the event, Francois Hugo, providing him an immediate set of guards and servers.

So okay, the Exclusivity apparently worked, yet despite being somewhat cageless, Riki was still subject to the same admiration and curiosity, the present elites eyeing him with much interest and caution as they peered at him from a distance.

Everyone had questions.

Both Aisha and Gideon had gotten around to talking with the other attendees as to why the Pet was here, while Riki sulked, or more or less just lounged back as he observed the other pets get from horny to delusional or, some, being high on aphrodisiacs so early, already pairing up and putting on their vulgar shows, bitches and studs being mounted and mounting alike.

As they were meant to. The usual showcasing, some of the other pets even trying to invite him to join, but were immediately chastised by their masters.

"No, that is Master Iason's; he does not pair with anyone else."

Riki quirked a brow.

Yeah, and how can he forget how intent they were to get him fucking when he was still the once-mongrel Pet, to pair up with the others as Raoul told Iason. Hadn't that even been the cause of trouble with Aisha once? Nowadays though, the Blondie and all others didn't seem to mind or remember these things like he does. Or was it attributed more to the fact that pets, up to this day, had still always been a passing fad that they no longer feel the need to put into memory those toys gone through them and their senseless elitist existence?

The only pet secured enough for all eternity was him…at least he found comfort in that.

Now he had been briefly interested in those pets engaged in fellatio and cunnilingus by the triads, those ganging up on one or two others just for the heck of it, a virgin found among the males of value that there was an uproar, before the happenings made him tired altogether, then expectedly annoyed, bored and inwardly furious. Honestly, what would these events hold next?

In the end, Riki settled to playing with his phone, slipping on the wireless earpieces he kept in his pocket and turning the volume to maximum to drown out all the cries, croonings and pleadings, the noisy banter of the elites. A near-nightmare without Iason, this, that it made him clench and unclench his fist.

Vexatiously, his messages were not returned by his Master and lover, making him wonder if the Blondie was doing it on purpose. It made him frown. He just wanted to go home. He wanted to be in his own bed, wrapped under the crisp, freshly-pressed sheets, his beloved's arms and the silence of their beautiful Palace.

But then he could only wish. He was here, and he had to contend with the proceedings until someone came to conduct him home to their lovely citadel.

Riki sighed.

He folded his wings around him and pretended to doze off in his irritation, shifting his attentions to the song lyrics and effectively tuning out everything else…


 

From a distance, his Blondie caretakers shared some of the fine wine sent out to them as both compliment for their presence and for bringing Riki along. He was piquing everyone else's interest and the other pets had never been more fervent, even performing before the Exclusive as if to tempt him with their open fornication without a taint of shame.

But then Riki was past all that, Gideon's earlier statement proving to be utterly accurate. He was too hard to please. It seemed it was merely by Iason's toyings that the Pet could react in a way you wanted him to. And so the disappointment was also apparent, that under Law he could not be obliged to perform in the cages, or can be made to take anything that went against this virtue, but that was fine.

Even more guests were pouring in, including those who had no intentions or were reluctant to attend in the first place, just to catch a glimpse of Neu-Jupiter's paramour. They could only imagine what it's like. For someone to wake up and see this being in their bed. It made some feel an unusual sensation between their brains and then their legs otherwise unheard of in their sterile states. The shock of desire they denied...

"I wonder what it would take to get him out of that leather and into a sexy pair of bikini briefs?" Aisha listened to the mutter of one Platina whom with a mischievous smile on his lips had narrated how he was thinking that they have never seen Riki in anything completely revealing at all, dressing in more conservative forms of smexy instead.

Gideon laughed at the thought, not commenting, but in his mind also considering, How about out of that leather and into complete nakedness? he'd expressed but only in the very deepest recesses of his thoughts.

"You know, we've never really given Riki his proper Coming Out Party have we?"

"I thought you'd said the Pet Auction was already that? Besides, what makes you think Iason would approve?"

Aisha chuckled lowly at that, taking a long, elegant sip from the goblet he held with one graceful hand. "It's only fitting...for the Pet of Neu-Jupiter to be welcomed by Tanagura and not in a similar blunder by which he was welcomed in Midas," the Unyielding Noble raised his cup in a toast.

"No offense," Aisha nodded towards Gideon who made a disapproving face that seemed to query: Are you Orphe? "None taken," though his lips voiced the contrary.

Admittedly, the incident within the confines of his domain was something he still had not moved upon, for even if it was something Orphe had organized, the fault still fell that the venue had been in his territory and such an attempt was not supposed to have even been allowed to punctuate its end. Yet whom among the Class was not stunned? Everyone was discussing it in Eos even until this very minute. How Neu-Jupiter had humoured his assailants and then fed them to the brutality of his single Furniture.

"Of course in light of the Exclusivity, we can turn the entire event into a modish affair such as never seen in Tanagura. We can have Orphe arrange, say, a masquerade gala?

"The classics had always been a splendid study."

Gideon thought about it for a bit, and he was rather in agreeance to Aisha's prospect. A Masquerade Ball to welcome the Exclusive. He looked at Riki and imagined. That would be very suitable.

Of course there would be the issue of participation. He haphazardly mentioned this to his brother.

"The other pets can perhaps perform some sexual theatrics, or, since we all expect for some form of copulation to occur, we can ask Iason to couple with Riki on that night…" a dry jest, though it was a shocking suggestion that Gideon didn't seem to have heard right. "Seriously?" Could it be the wine was doing well to muddle the other Blondie's organic brain? "But isn't that sort of coupling private?"

"Yes. And a hot episode involving a master Blondie worth witnessing."

Gideon laughed, finding it to be amusing entirely, although he was quite interested as everyone certainly was with the dalliances of the Neu couple.

"Who told you that? Don't tell me you've spied on them Aisha. Quite contradictory of you is it not?"

Aisha waved it off with his own small smile. "Nonsense," he did chuckle. "I just heard the vivid narratives of it and I had not heard its end until a week after."

"And from whom? Iason has never once discussed his private life," Gideon pried.

At that the other Blondie gestured for Gideon to lean in closer, whispering one name when they seemed to have their little circle of privacy in place, "Orpheus..."

Notes:

Yuri: Q&A time! To those people who've have been requesting some stuff (from guests I'm surprised), you know who you are and I've responded in kind to you all via the personal e-adds you left me so I hope that's all right. And yes, I do value privacy as you may well have noticed, I did not approve any guest reviews with the person's email in them. I do the same with sort of personal and serious messages.

And apologies to those requests I've denied. I feel guilty for being selective and for turning down many. Believe me, if only I had all the time in the world, I'd be writing fanfictions all day for my girl and, yes, boy pals out there, but sadly I don't have that luxury. I can only accommodate very, very few at a time…as much as I want to. :'(

Again sorry.

Chapter 38

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

Francois had voiced out his concerns as the hours dragged on, when, upon serving their finest to the Pet, Riki on the chair he was chained to had all but refused to take anything, not even paying attention to the edibles and dishes and the bottles upon bottles of gourmet wine, select vintage and even more Vartan sent his way.

Gideon was the first to hear of the concern and, after a brief pause to assure the Sapphire that everything was fine, went over to the Exclusive, the towering form of the Blondie instantly making Riki glare. Gideon raised a hand to his ear and tapped, actually asking the Pet to remove one of his earpieces so that he may talk to him.

"What is it this time?" Riki continued to scowl. "What do you want?"

"You haven't taken anything…" and Gideon gestured at what was already a magnificent spread just to the side of them, complete with centerpieces and decorative flowers cascading in generous threads and vines to the floor.

Riki didn't feel up to responding in kind, though he did notice a tinge of something in the other's expression which was never there before. Was that actually a bit of concern that this Blondie had on his face? He often thought them incapable of any such genuine emotion; guess they were not as apathetic as he thought they were...

Gideon visibly sighed, a hand resting on his hip as he figured what perhaps was obvious as to why Riki had not touched any food or drink.

"Worried that it might be spiked?" Gideon continued and the slight shift in Riki's expressions told him he had hit the right mark.

But there was still no response from the other. Was he really that determined to treat the other like he did not exist at all? Well he can't have that...On the one hand however, what use was there arguing with a hardheaded Pet, especially one that didn't like you to begin with apparently enough?

Gideon switched tactics, taking a very thin and quite fragile glass flute, filling it with wine from one of the branded bottles and filling another with the same. The Blondie, to Riki's surprise, drank from the crystal, then handed the other to the Exclusive, as if to assure him 'twas perfectly safe. Alcoholic, aye, but safe and without the pestering drugs Riki loathed so much.

"Don't worry. Hugo has been briefed regarding the guidelines of your Exclusivity. He won't serve you anything that would violate your covenant," and he smiled at him, though despite that he was still met by Riki's obvious distrust.

With a shrug and another sigh, Gideon decided to sit down opposite of the Pet, settling comfortably near the edge of the lengthy chair, pouring himself another drink and, even before Riki could protest, took the earpiece that had been idling in the latter's hand.

"I heard Iason trained you on Muir some time before?" and with the statement left hanging, Gideon slipped the metallic bud into his ear, wanting to hear whatever it was that the Pet was listening to, only to realize that the song playing now was actually that one they'd all heard at the Pet Auction ball, requested by the superior Blondie.

"Ah, isn't this the song you waltzed to with Iason? 214 was it? Rather lovely…"

He hummed after it as Riki grimaced at this most uncharacteristic behaviour; Gideon meanwhile imagined that night, the way the two swayed and circled in the very centre of the ballroom, a well-decorated couple, beautiful to behold and in love, the very definition of it maybe, a thought to which Gideon felt a certain taint of something strange inside his chest. What was this feeling? And why was it so like a heavy poison?

"What are you doing?" Riki just had to ask.

"Joining you," Gideon smiled again, countering, remedying the sudden drift in his thoughts before it was any noticeable. "Don't tell me you don't drink now? Didn't you have these habits?"

Riki grimaced further at that. Gideon? Seriously, to keep him company and now having a conversation with him? He looked at the flute in his hand. It was one of those expensive crystals rimmed and based with gold.

"Used to," the Pet replied hesitatingly especially towards the other's seeming friendliness.

"Jupiter purged them out of you?"

"I don't know. Perhaps," Riki spoke but flinched somewhat as he found the bittersweet flavour of wine repulsive, his tongue no longer familiar with the taste.

Like when he tried to smoke once after he woke up from his year-long slumber, he never remembered drinking to be this spiteful and unfulfilling, the smell as nauseating as the smoke that had once been his comforts, drowning in stout back in the slums. It was something he certainly could live without at present. He simply did not want it anymore.

"What's the matter?" Gideon, asking.

Riki handed him the flute. "I don't drink."

The Blondie laughed. So the theory is proven true. The Pet was not only perfected, he was in the same way cleansed by the old god, purged of vice save for sex maybe. For Iason.

Ah, Jupiter was truly a biased parent.

"You know, Iason gave me a good scolding last time for what I've told you during the Pet Auction."

Gideon wanted to take this as a chance while it lasted, to start a normal dialogue with the Pet.

Riki turned to him wondering, "I didn't tell him anything."

The Blondie laughed again, placing Riki's glass down the tray as a server came to his summons. He asked the boy to fetch something less alcoholic for the Exclusive. His throat must be parched so the fuss was necessary. He'll try and convince him to eat next.

"I know," Gideon agreed to what the Pet had said. "But your dear Master has eyes and ears everywhere and all he needed to do was review the surveillance to figure what mischief I've stirred."

He looked at Riki who must now be thinking this to be quite unlikely, for a Blondie to admit to his crimes and do what he was about to do next.

"Forgive me," the apology came as unexpected enough that Riki was perplexed and caught off-guard by it.

"What?"

Gideon continued, "Obviously, I was way beyond myself that day, but now I think I know where I had been definitely mistaken…"

His eyes delved into those of the Pet's, a clarity in them that had always been clouded before.

"Iason was right," the Blondie added with a seriousness about his stunning features, enough that the other pets halted when they noticed how seemingly lover-like the expression was, and coming from a gorgeous one like Gideon nonetheless. "You're more than just a Pet..."


Aisha glared.

To the others present this might appear as merely some doting fondness everyone believed to exist, as they had all now believed that Blondies took particular interest in their brother's Exclusive as they should, because they were protecting him for the System's sake after all. But there was something happening here, something no less than an anomaly and an abnormality in the general order of things, particularly in their ruling class.

'It' might be acceptable behavior from Iason, hell, expected, and a bit of mischief never hurt when it came to this Pet, but not this sort of attention from another of them, especially as it may somehow alter their state of thought, cause them to change and not necessarily for the best.

The dividing gulf between them and Riki was the one thing keeping the rest of the class intact. If they'd be influenced further as Gideon was already beginning to exhibit the signs of, it would be a catastrophe! The other Blondie bit his lip in frustration.

He better not be thinking about befriending him, Aisha feared somehow however betrayed nothing of it. Gideon, you're becoming an idiot!

He could almost foresee trouble; the perfect disaster already in the offing. Gideon was as oblivious as Iason had been in the beginning, and that was another terrible miscalculation, to say he could handle Riki so easily even in the pretense of friendship or any similar form of acquaintanceship. He was already starting to build his own variation of attachment for the Pet.

The other Blondie couldn't see it, but it was obvious enough for Aisha, and so will the others notice sooner enough...How will they react to it?

Riki was clueless as he looked at the Blondie who in turn smiled at him. What brought about this sudden change of heart? The Pet wondered. Or was it something the latter wanted to trick him with?

Damn. Which is it you bastard!?

'You're more than just a Pet.' The Hell?

Yet he ended up uttering something else, "Thanks…I guess…"

Notes:

Yuri: I seem to be building this conflict quite much, but I feel it deserves more justice than it should, after all, it will be a grand conflict in Cinco. *spoiler* I know! Hehehe...

And in light with that the demoness asks this question: would you like to see Iason lose control? Ah, I know I want to. the temptation...

By the way, to the person who called me a demon, hehehe...I'm a demonESS, hence, the name okay? Please? ^_^

Chapter 39

Notes:

Yuri: Here's one more chapter for the hungry patrons. Just went off for a snack. Back now... ^_^

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

The revelry went on unabated, the festivities yet to reach its climax but somehow managing to exclude them from the picture, Gideon sitting back, contemplating, watching from afar the events as they unfolded, and curiously looking down upon Riki's sleeping form as the latter slumbered just inches from where he was.

Riki was never really one to pay as much attention when it came to these gatherings, the black horse or the wolf that messed up everything and refused to do anything else, often just sitting by his Master's feet to doze off as he had now, even with Gideon's presence just close beside. Right after a meal and some more casual chatter, the Exclusive was quietly asleep, his wings withdrawn leaving the now flightless Pet to his dreams, tucked in the softness of the chair and where the lights had been dimmed for a bit of privacy as Gideon himself ordered...

"Exhausted, aren't we Pet?"

The party had moved to the farther end of the venue, where Amisa was now being coupled to another less-preferred Pet, her original quarry being Riki but was not allowed, no, forbidden by her own Master, thus she had to settle with the Academy stud chosen to match her tonight, a lovely redhead mastered by a Platina.

Aisha had joined them there, but Gideon has stayed here for some reason somehow out of his usual character, preferring to stare down at Riki's dreaming face, noting the finer details in the Pet's expression as he slumbered innocently by. There was something enthralling about it, about how peaceful he appeared, making the other Blondie imagine how it must be wonderful for Iason to see him like this every time...

Gideon gulped down another glass of wine. He swallowed hard, way after the bitter liquid passed his throat, again casting his eyes upon the beauty of Iason's only love, mentally expecting to be caught as he indulged in some manner of observation, thinking again back to the day of the Pet Auction when all manner of colour and happiness infected Riki and his bright eyes, how he looked at his Master with such...adoration. The very same things they all see of them as of late.

Only now was Gideon able to see how Riki actually had such fine lashes, long and curling, his brows and hair a delicate match to a night without the moons, his skin appearing softer now, reminiscent and of similar semblance to how it were those nights after the Pet had come back from the slums, how he had finally shocked everyone in his evolution and maturity, beautiful even as he had aged, an amazing entity at his second Coming Out, gorgeous even before all of Jupiter's alterations, magnetic even as he was yet to be crowned the Exclusive of Tanagura.

There was something natural and unnatural with Riki, with the way he contradicted the might of the capital with an independent strength all his own which was most appealing that even they had wondered at it. He had a fire Gideon could not define, and, as opposed to what he had told the Pet during their short walk back to Iason that day of the ball, he was the one drawn to this flame…

Gideon just found himself reaching a hand, fingers curling so his knuckles could feel for Riki's cheek, the insulating gloves he'd pulled off and cast aside, wondering how his skin would feel on his skin. But he stopped, finding an immediate quarrel inside of him which instantly gnawed at his intentions, stopped them before he could move any closer.

Riki shifted, brows creasing before the tensed muscles relaxed, the slightest of movements to his fingertips rested on the space before him.

This was the face Iason had perhaps touched many times with his own fingers, his own lips, the body of it owned and built out of the superior Blondie's many needs, sculpted by his affections, embraced by his love, his obsession. Gideon felt guilty somewhat, though he was yet to learn that this was what it indeed was, the word still a drifting notion he was yet to recognise.

As was what he felt inside suddenly, especially when Riki sighed and unconsciously uttered, "Iason…" the sound not at all too loud but was audible enough as they passed his lovely lips.

Even in sleep his Master invaded his dreams, Gideon did not understand this, as was the weight that instantly stabbed its way into his chest. Was this what it was to feel envy? Will he be the moth whose wings will burn in the flame of his own undoing? The term, his intellectual mind suggested, would be the karma of the old world, but that too was insignificant. No one believed in such things at this day and age. A Blondie was not one to have such superstitions.

Yet, "What is wrong with me?" he asked himself, surprised to see his hand trembling where it had stopped.

The Blondie withdrew, fisting it for some manner of focus he'd lost an instance ago. What had happened indeed? Was this not just another pet? But then why was he fearing so much? Why was he confused suddenly as much?

"What am I doing?"

There was a bit of an imagining. What if, in the long time ago that Riki had been picked up (to use the same slang) by Iason with Raoul in that area in Midas, reprimanded as they had now known the story, it was he who had been offered this body? What would have happened then? What would life be like for Gideon Lagat if he was the one who stood as Neu-Jupiter and not his brother?

Disgusting idea. Of course all along Jupiter had his favours cast only upon Iason, had trusted him more even as he made a blunder of it all, but then every Blondie, in theory, must have wondered at this, and wondered what could have happened if they were the ones in Iason Mink's shoes...

Gideon realised he was beginning to exasperate himself. He thought he was worse than the others in his curiosity; for he wondered instead what it would be like if it was he who had found Riki first, was the one to drag the mongrel to Eos and was the one who...who...

The Blondie shook his head. He smiled miserably. This was getting out of bounds. This was ridiculous!

To remedy his predicament, Gideon shifted his attentions elsewhere, coolly looking about for the hood and cape Riki came dressed in with only to find it gone, perhaps being kept in a separate locker. That precious thing was expensive after all, as all of the Pet was expensive, though Gideon did not want to bother further with it...He ended up once more looking down upon the sleeping Exclusive.

Pets were made for appreciating from a distance, but somehow, in the beauty of this specie of Jupiter, that apothegm seemed superficial and breakable. Riki was the sort fashioned to be touched, to be enjoyed, to be adored with one's mind and...body. Perhaps that's why Iason pays worship to him all the time. He was the god of a god, created for sexing with one and none other in a union made sacred, founded on cruel vice and sadistic affection but forged in what would eventually be called…love.

With eyes cast down, Gideon moved to take his own cape slung to the back of another chair, having unfastened it earlier when he joined Riki here, almost reverently and fearfully bending down, throwing his own clothing over the Pet to become for him a makeshift blanket.

He had known since that he had began to feel some form of strangeness towards Riki when a day would not pass when he had come to expect him, to search for him, to want to see his presence although it always meant Iason would not be that far behind, an arm around the Pet or kissing him in plain sight, afforded the full privilege of his smiles and his laughter, the bitter hate the Exclusive has had for the other now a figment of the past.

To which Gideon would feel stabbed, then frustrated, but this he kept all to himself, even as he was fully aware how he had tired of his own Pets at home, or how he had moved to Eos Two to a nearer unit to be closer to them, or had been striving to create a perfect replica of the mongrel as he had aided in the workings at the Academy but had failed even with the public success of those black-haired breeds.

They all paled by comparison. No one was close even by a fracture of that comparison. Gideon paused. 

Why must there be only one of you?

Then he was startled, nearly, as Riki stirred from the confines of slumber once more and unconsciously pulled at the Blondie's cape, inhaling the scents of it in before tucking himself within its confines as if this was the most natural thing to do. The Pet must love snuggling so close to his Master when they lay together. The thought hurt. Gideon Lagat knew this was madness and that he needed to stop himself before something else came to fruition. It was dangerous...very dangerous.

But then, as he watched Riki drift back into unconsciousness and the realm of fantasy richer than the virtual counterparts they have come up of it, he could not help but be utterly and completely affected. By Riki. He was now infected by the malady called mongrel, and worst, it was a mongrel who belonged to another.

Riki is Iason's Exclusive you fool. Deal with that.

"Rest well…prince…"

But still, even as he cautioned himself, he did bend down to touch him this time, only to leave a faint kiss on that raven head, but nothing more than that as he controlled himself...

Notes:

Yuri: Q&A time - someone asked me, aren't there thirteen Blondies? But how come there are only a handful who get the spotlight in AnK?

Ah...that is likewise a mystery that I want to discover the answer to, but guess only the author knows? But speaking, do you realize what we truly lack? A wikia site for AnK complete with information! I mean, for those unfortunate enough to have not read the book and want to learn more about this yaoi quintessential. Would make life easy for fanfic authors too who can use it to better their writings.

Because, admittedly, it's the accuracy portion when writing AnK that is difficult - just too many details you'd want to get right; I myself honestly want to perfect this if I could, wanting to make it as cleanly as possible (I'd actually re-read the novel several times now as I write or edit along. OC me but I still forget some stuff.).

Oh, and just a quick response to another Blondie-related question: I can only recall the names of 9 or 10 out of 13. I think I've read the rest somewhere, but I may need to check that. But mainly, it's Aisha, Gideon and Orphe, Raoul and Iason in that ascending order that stand out, so expect that they'll be mentioned often. And Gideon will have a very, erm, unusual encounter in the wings so F-U-N. *Spoiler*

Read the early reviews. Glad and much obliged folks. Hahaha. You really want me to write a sex scene in Riki's third Coming Out? Hmm...I'll consider that idea, CrazyCandyCat. Yeah. It seems like a good one. But between you and me, wait for the chapter with the Blondie Game in it. You'll like that one, maybe, because I liked fleshing it out. Hehehehe. *Again, Spoiler* (I gotta stop doing that, but I'm so excited!)

Guest Tanja: I may ship Shizaya from DRRR! Read below...

Guest Mila: Thank you for the email. Glad you liked the gift. If you post it in tumblr, I'll post it here in FF-dot-net in your honour.

Guest Visitor: Yeah. There goes Tanagura. KA-BOOM! hahaha...no, really, I meant it directed towards Gideon first and foremost.

To the rest, thank you. It's been great. Close to 18k views for Cinco I think and it only multiplies. Already so happy with that. Thanks a bunch mates!

Merry Christmas, and an advanced Happy New Year if I don't get to update before the year ends. ^_^

Chapter 40

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

There had been a deterioration in Tanagura's hierarchy during the year that Jupiter fell silent, but only now had it been openly discussed, Orphe pulling up a file list for Iason to look over, of Elites malfunctioning to say the least, developing wayward tendencies and disagreeably acting of their own accord.

For some time, there had been a running jest amongst the hierarchy, about how Iason had perhaps infected the other elites with his rebellion, but when the superior Blondie came back as the new god of the Capital, that had been shunned off. Now these other libertines were just seen as nuisances, elites Orphe would like to rid their dominion of, if disciplining them is no longer the viable solution.

Neu-Jupiter frowned, noting the number of individuals in the other Blondie's watch list including some Platinas, some Rubies, a couple of Onyxes he knew the faces of and a number of Sapphires who'd misbehaved during the absence of a ruling head, their offenses likewise listed and in such inarguable detail, their status and prohibitions having already been determined if not declared by Orphe Zavi.

This many? All seemingly going rogue and neglecting their duties while an heir was missing from the Capital's throne? How unlikely. But then it should have been predicted. Without a Jupiter, Tanagura was akin to a colony of beasts whom losing its sovereign likewise lost its aim, though they had survived well enough during that one year of silence.

"And what would you suggest?" asked Iason, anticipating that perhaps Orphe would propose a method so radical as to have Raoul re-process the personalities on his list that way they can be 'put into proper order'.

And he did propose this, unsurprisingly. "With Neu-Jupiter's permission of course," but added as if to salve the request of tinkering with those mindsets.

Although he was not entirely against manipulation of such a sort, Orphe was aware that Iason would avoid using this means if possible. But then the other also knew his brother's methods at these things were…far crueler if he was left to deal with them, Iason ever the lover of games and traps, even with the elite members of their aristocracy…

The superior Blondie pondered for a moment, leaning back against the softness of the leather seat. He was rather interested with some of these cases; it appeared as if he'd like to handle some of them himself and Orphe couldn't be any correct with his conclusions.

A Platina whose Pet was rumored to be in love with another master? Another who loved tormenting the Ruby class and had sent at least seven now to mind alterations for framed crimes? Intrigue has never really left the Capital when it had started with him and Riki, had it?

"I will think it over Orphe," Iason replied after the barest of smiles, having considered something but then keeping quiet of it for the moment. "So are we done for the day?"

"Yes," Orphe all but nodded, filing away the last of his virtual screens and terminating his connection to the digital plains of the city. "Are you off to see Riki?"

Neu-Jupiter paused a bit at that, amused that everyone now thought it quite normal to mention his Pet's name and not in disdain as before. Wasn't Orphe similar to Raoul? He had been Iason's eternal opposition, well, everyone in the Blondie Class was.

"No. I'll wait for him at the Palace," said the superior Blondie. "The Furniture are already on their way to fetch him for me."

Iason had been aware of the location where Riki was at the moment, and didn't want to be delayed there any more than he needed. He had been utterly patient the whole day, but now that all the humdrum had been sorted, the sooner he had his Pet in bed, the better. But he could do with peace and none of the social spotlighting at that.


Trouble abrew. One moment Gideon had just turned to join Aisha and the others, leaving Riki, the next, a frustrating elite was dragging along his confused female pet and forcing the Furniture surrounding the sleeping Exclusive to rouse him.

The commotion immediately washed over the venue like a surging river, causing much of the other attendees to wrinkle their noses and frown, knowing how the Ruby now disturbing the peace had a reputation for disaster, had been banned by Orphe in most of these Soirees, but was constantly gate-crashing every event as if the restrictions and prohibitions to him were nonexistent.

"And why not?! He's a Pet, is he not? He will couple with my Satina!" they could hear him scream.

He pointed an angry finger at the standing Furniture who all but refused to budge from where he stood, but was apologetic, likewise unknowing what to do of the elite or how to tell him off as he appeared to have already made up his mind.

The qualm was scaring the other pets into tears, the poor things embracing each other or hiding behind the capes of their Masters, cowering at their owners' feet. Francois found himself disgusted as he arrived in time to see the vicious redhead squabbling with the servants.

"He came in uninvited -again!- when I had officially banned him from this," the Sapphire host gritted his teeth, furious as he had found that there were no standing guards around at all. What had happened?

"Let's go save the Pet," Aisha sighed, the image of calm through and through, proof that a Blondie was always best in situations like these as they could easily command attention.

This was actually the first time they had encountered the Ruby, association with the lower classes being not a forte of Blondies as of late really, busier with the affairs of Tanagura up top, although they were familiar with the troublesome ones including this redhead now sourcing chaos within the occasion.

So with that Aisha sought to move, but Gideon stopped both him and Francois Hugo from intervening suddenly, even as they had seen the venue Furniture overcome by the Ruby who was now shaking Riki into waking, shocking the other visitors.

"Does he have an idea what he's doing!?" the indignation of others as if something sacred had been defiled.

Aisha's countenance broke into uncommon scowling. "Gideon-"

"Humour me, please. Let's see what Riki will do," the other Blondie calmed his brother down, though at the sight of someone laying hands on the Pet, he admittedly felt like wringing the idiot's neck into a twisted knot. But he held himself as Riki stirred, somehow wanting to see what would happen.

The Pet was annoyed immediately as he was yanked to his feet by a chainless collar by this unknown redhead, Gideon's unnoticed robe slipping from over him and falling onto the floor, trampled.

All the elites gasped. The other pets trembled in horror. Some were worried of Riki as the Ruby had him in his grasp.

Aisha was getting agitated uncharacteristically, "He really doesn't have an idea who he's toying with?" and moved, but Gideon stopped him again.

"But why? Gideon!"

"Wait. Just a minute Aisha."

Riki pissed, fought the hand off immediately, easily matching the sheer disregard with his strength.

"Damn it! What the fuck are you doing!?" the Pet's voice rose into defiance as his expression conveyed it...the classic mongrel making its way out to the surface of his pretty face…

Gideon wanted to know how the Pet would respond, if he would be as he was before, a fighting property who would cast the first blow as he had once done countless times as the Slums' ambassador. Everyone who knew him from before was aware of his temper after all, of his brute viciousness, remembering him to be that quarrelsome a Pet who was often in trouble. Only Iason could tame him.

They also watched the Ruby, nonplussed by the sudden rise in the other's tone, snapping back with his own demanding ferocity, "You!" as he cast his pet to Riki's feet.

"I want you to fuck my bitch, and make it count," he ordered, actually agitated with the fact he was now a general outcast amongst his class and all their caste, but was actually clueless that he was now looking at Jupiter's Mated Pair. "I want her seeded tonight!"

They were sure Riki'd beat the hell out of the elite, some betting on it and even silently inciting the idea, but as the Pet let the few seconds tick past without incident, they gaped at him, wondering, the Blondies present curious but becoming aware of how the Exclusive's expression had changed to one of figuring instead of the common scornful expression they expected.

But Riki did find it absolutely revolting, this situation, and would truly not have thought twice about letting his fists fly, yet, as he stared down at the sobbing form of the pet so carelessly and almost brutally thrust below him, he felt he had to do something other than lose his cool.

What would have Iason done?

He had an idea...

Notes:

Yuri: Ola! Long time no chat my dears. How was the New Year? Mine had been a blast.

Anyway, uhm, somehow I got nothing much to say, really. Save perhaps thanks for all those who've followed this story. Well, that said, on to our next chapter. Allow me to write what I think would be a maturing Riki. Let's see how it fairs. ^_^

Chapter Text

"So? What are you waiting for?"

The Ruby had the nerve to push back the servants as they sought to stop him, their words falling unheard, their warnings, unaccounted. Riki decided to play coy.

To everyone's surprise, he gave a sigh, shook his head. "All right. I'll mount," then said in resignation, breaking slowly into such seductive a smile. "However…"

The Exclusive extended his hand to the Ruby's pet without looking at her any more, standing her up. She looked as surprised as everybody was, especially when Riki guided her to his place on the seat and left her there, stepping forward, moving with a fluidity that was enchanting to look at.

One quick sweep however, and the gentleness was gone, the Exclusive grasping at the redhead's shoulders and slamming him hard against the nearest column, rattling the venue with such force that even the System shook and blinked once, slightly, catching the Ruby unaware, and he stared, at the fierce, obsidian eyes wrapped in the face of what he thought to be someone quite ordinary but was slowly proving the contrary.

"...after I screw her, will you be willing to give me something in return?" asked the Pet, clearly challenging him, and in front of everybody.

It was a bruise on the Ruby's ego. The redhead reigned over his shock, an instant scowl belying the nervous expression on his face, replacing it with indignation. He grabbed one of Riki's wrists, yanked at his hair with such force, the Pet was pushed to crane his neck up to meet the redhead's eyes.

"W-what?! You seem to price yourself quite highly. You are in no position to deman-"

"Yes or no master?" Riki met his look without flinching, all those around him without a clue as to what exactly he was aiming at but fearing more the wrath of Iason who will never let this pass unnoticed.

"Someone stop him!" a murmur wafted but no one dared move. Even Francois Hugo was melded to the spot.

But it wasn't only that. The expression on the Pet's face again drove a nervous stake into the Ruby's chest, a voice at the back of the latter's head warning him of danger but he suppressed it, anger turning into a smirk instead, admiring this unusual Pet's bravery, though in truth was actually conceding to the other's gambit.

The redhead mistook Riki for either a Vardia or an Academy high-breed who must be spoilt, getting what he wanted, without the slightest idea that he had fallen into a trap because of this misconception. Apparently, the Ruby was not so sociable, and had been busy with bad behaviour that he didn't even know what the treasured Exclusive looked like.

"All right...since you're so beautiful. Name your price," he said.

Riki smiled, pleased, but the smile turned into one of malice and pure cold, shifting so quickly that it made some shiver. Got ya…

"How about your head, master?" he crooned at the elite, pushing his body close as if he would kiss the other, the move making the redhead gasp visibly.

"Are you mad!? What makes you say such a ridiculous thing!?"

"But I'm not bluffing," Riki continued, knowing that elites were not exactly used to such proximity and that he could use it as a tool. "That's what you need to give." And with that, he took the hand circling his wrist and, to everyone's shock, including that of the Blondies present, guided it ever gently down in between his legs, slipping it past the constricting clasps of his leather tights which he had loosened with his thumb to let those foreign fingertips feel the very base of his cock.

"What are you-?" the Ruby suddenly stopped.

He felt something hard and metallic where the Pet had slipped his hand...an object, no, a band that was not usually there in those areas but was with this one, and this immediately opened his sluggish mind into reason.

It was a D-Type. It was a Pet Ring!

The colour seemed to have drained from the Ruby's face, his strength failing the same way. There was a rumour about a black-winged pet in Tanagura who was the only one to wear such a fastidious yet deadly ornament. And he was by no means a common Pet, he was the possession of Iason Mink, of the System's Neu-Jupiter!

But this could not be, his mind screamed, even as he began to realise who was in front of him. His grip on Riki's hair loosened. "No…"

Everyone had been made aware of what the Exclusivity Clause entailed when the Pet Laws were amended to accommodate the new situations that had arisen after Jupiter died. Simply put, you touch the Exclusive without consent and you face the penalty of death. But then how could he be the Exclusive? "You have no wings!" the redhead insisted.

Riki laughed. Where had this one been hiding? Under a rock? This was a surprise. He faked innocence as the other withdrew his trembling hand, refusing to leave the redhead be now, standing there with his pants slightly undone and revealing a portion of his organ, the black jewel of the notorious Dark Ring decorating it catching the light.

To the face of his earlier captor, he continued to taunt, "Only my Master touches me here. But if you really want me to, there can be exceptions."

Riki stepped even closer forward to further confront the redhead, making quite an enchanting expression that was of the topmost seductiveness it ripped any more words out of the other, hand lightly touching the exposed portion of his Pet Ring. The Ruby trembled, even more so as the Exclusive unfurled his wings, the sable darkness and its woven stars making a breathtaking canopy as the next words pushed the Ruby back, "...just be prepared to pay the price of my Exclusivity in full."

"Y-You're Tanagura's Exclusive!" and with that, the elite finally slumped to the floor, toppled over by the sheer fearlessness of the one before him, looking down at the Ruby with those disgusted eyes. Honestly, if his Iason was a brat, this one was just rotten and completely disagreeable...

Gideon couldn't help but chuckle. "Pet," and only then did he come out from where they had been quietly observing, Francois Hugo in their wake with the guards ready to escort the unwanted guest out.

Riki had been wondering what the two had been waiting for, seeing them where they had been, but the amused smiles on their faces told him they somehow approved of what he had done.

"Hey. Sorry. I slept," the Exclusive said to Gideon casually who looked over him in turn, noting the current state of undress the Pet was under. The Blondie sighed, also noticing the slight flush on the Pet's face. He was still embarrassed to show off his skin? Even after all this time?

"Allow me," the Blondie volunteered, hands gently reaching down to the clasps of Riki's leather before the Exclusive could protest, putting his attire in a more acceptable standard of order.

"M-Master."

"Don't touch me!" the redhead spat at his pet who had joined his side, eyes not leaving the sight of the Exclusive and now the Blondies surrounding him, one of them, Gideon Lagat, appearing to have slipped his gloved hand into the same spot he had touched earlier, before the other, Aisha Rosen, obscured the view.

"So that's what he looks like?"

Then something dawned on the Ruby, that if the Pet was here and with these other Blondies, so could Tanagura's Neu-Jupiter be. That alone filled him with a sense of dread. And he almost did throw his pet off as the Lord of Tanagura, Aisha, had come to stand over him, the more privileged Blondie looking down with such frozen austerity.

"Unless you have a death wish, I suggest you keep your hands and your intentions to yourself," he said, watching the redhead swallow.

"I...I did not know…"

"Of course," Aisha smiled. "But I think your biggest problem won't be Orphe when he finds this out, but Iason.

"Don't you agree?" the threat in his voice was pandemonium glossed arctic over.

Everyone watched the Ruby stagger to his feet, "Forgive me!" he was now uttering, pleading.

"So uncharacteristic," snubbed Aisha as both the elite and his confounded pet, like an obedient doll following after, were all but removed by the guards under Francois' orders, the host personally seeing to it that the unwanted guest was properly ousted from the premises.

The redhead screamed other pleas of forgiveness, but none had paid attention. The Blondies both looked at Riki instead, Gideon having done putting his costume in order. Then it was Aisha's turn to be bold, breaking into an elegant chuckle as he tipped the Pet's chin up with a finger, drawing near to look at his beautiful eyes.

"That was genius. Who taught you that?"

There was a bit of an infectious glimmer in the air, something which made things a bit convivial and the Blondies, to Riki, seemingly easier to deal with at least just this moment. He returned Aisha's smile, surprisingly enough, while making Gideon laugh at his response: "Picked it up from Iason."

Ah, but of course. The habits do rub on while they lived together, proving the Pet to be most perceptive of his Master's quirks indeed. They shared the humour, Riki somehow blushing again, seeing a different side to these adonic masters, thinking perhaps these two were not as bad as he thought they were, that perhaps because of the previous status quo of things, he had all but misconstrued them.

Self-centred and full of themselves almost all the time maybe, but then, a bit more like Iason in the beginning, the class was now learning something about themselves as time progressed...

Chapter 42

Notes:

Yuri: A triple-chapter treat.

I have honestly already written the next part after this but figured I'd better leave it hanging since it will entail the return of Riki's old flame and the visit to Ceres. Then hmm...some other interesting events before this book is done. Blondie Game! I am squealing like a fangirl. Why can't I help it?

Anyway, enjoy? ^_^

Chapter Text

"Your Furniture are here," Aisha spoke some thirty minutes after the venue had settled, the other visitors now relaxing as Francois sparked the next portions of the Soiree, further easing everyone's concerns through more voyeuristic entertainment, his pet, Amisa, an infallible temptress but still longing after Riki.

She kept that to herself, however, especially as neither Blondie had now left Riki's side after the encounter with the redhead, guarding their charge on either side once more, even until they had received word that the transport was already en route for the Exclusive and they must have him ready to leave at once. 

Apparently, Iason had finished with business, and was now ever impatient, wanting to have his beloved home yet he had understandably dared not come lest he be stranded.

When the Pet turned, the figures of both Katrice and Kantre came through the doors, approached with a royal air about them and an unusual grace in the light, everyone quite amazed to see such fine appearances.

"Ei, Katrice. Kantre," Riki welcomed, to which they both bowed respectfully.

"We brought someone along, Master," they said...

The Pet looked at Katrice and wondered, before he finally understood what he meant as his personal nurse came walking in, Katron, the image of relief, completing the impressive picture of none as doll-like as Neu-Jupiter's Trinity.

"Katron!" Riki missed the latter the most admittedly, finding life in the Palace to be quite different without the other and was now glad to see him well. "It's been a while! How are you?"

Katron smiled, in the same way happy to be back. He honestly missed his work, his responsibilities...he missed doing things he could not do while strapped to a bed and seen over by the medical Droids and his Master's right hand. He likewise missed tending to Riki...

"Better," the Furniture replied. How long had it been since he'd looked at the Pet? "Were you bored Master? Our apologies for being late."


Leaving the venue, it was already Katron who took the Exclusive's chain, leading the Pet to an unmarked Aircar where his two brothers awaited. No other escorts. As expected, Iason had full confidence in his Trinity. How could he not after the fierce display of its Alpha at the Pet Auction last?

The Blondies just fell behind them, two towering golden-haired deities, Gideon the one to bid Riki goodbye as they watched the Pet climb into the transport, followed by the twin Betas of the Trinity and that one named Katron who was last to give the two high masters a servant's trademark bow of respect before disappearing into the vehicle as well, the Aircar taking flight towards the direction of the Palace of Neu-Jupiter...

Such a strong sense of personality, that Furniture, earlier he was seen silently commanding his siblings, having heard there was an incident before they had come. Riki seemed to have picked up on the intent when the triplets' eyes changed into their signature Karinese red, hairs subtly bristling like animals ready to pounce.

"Do we still need to clean up?" the Furniture had asked, a frightening darkling, which meant that if they were ordered, even the Ruby's position will be of no significance.

But Riki merely sighed, "That's okay. Can we just go home now?" After which the Trinity reverted as easily as they had changed, lips curving into warm smiles again on those dolls' faces.

"Of course," Katron replied.

Gideon watched the Pet fold his wings and withdrew them, the skin parting where the base of each protruded so that the entire extension slipped out of sight as the openings closed and healed. Already, the Furniture were fussing over his chain, the ear pieces, and other things the Pet might leave if not already left. Francois came in with the cape.

But instead of letting the Furniture handle it, Gideon took the dark mantle from the Sapphire's servant, calling Riki to him, beckoning with one hand. Aisha fell to a doubtful stare again as his brother gently threw the hood over the Exclusive, hands noticeably - well, at least to Aisha and not to the others present - coming to feel the Pet's skin where they had fallen upon in the process of once more hooding the other.

"Wait…" then Gideon did more than just that, as he took Riki's hand in his, treating it to a bevy of slow, light kisses. Aisha raised a brow before he scowled, his fine features meeting in displeasure.

"Please don't bear me any more ill will," he heard Gideon's request, taking on a sweeter pleading tremble purposely. "I would die…"

The Pet seemed to have thought nothing of it, sighing, "I still think you're an asshole."

Gideon laughed. "And I think that's just fair…" was what the other Blondie had retorted, accompanied by another last and lingering kiss, eyes watching a confused Riki with such interest…


The two Blondies had trailed after the sight of the Aircar as it disappeared into the night, skimming through low-lying clouds before becoming alike to the stars beyond it. Gideon sighed, folding his dirtied cape as he slung it over one arm, waiting for his own vehicle and furniture whom he had asked to bring him the replacement and his Pet.

Orphe had sent word he was on his way, and the event was still far from over so might as well join their brother. Aisha stayed looking at him, as if trying to figure him out all over again. Gideon finally noticed.

"What?" and turned to the other with the question.

"You do realize you're courting disaster Gideon?" Aisha responded similarly, brows furrowing in some manner of worry that could not be placed, not on his usually blank features.

"Whatever do you mean?"

"You are flirting with Iason's Pet," Aisha spoke truthfully of what he noticed to be happening, with such straightforward brutality.

Gideon laughed at that. "Aren't we all?"

Aisha shook his head, the scowl there deepening. "It's different. What you are doing is different.

"It's detrimental, even for you. Iason will not take this lightly if he finds out."

At the tirade the other continued to laugh, finding the notion to be entirely comical though really the gesture was a mere attempt to displace the subject.

"Spare me the condescension. It was all harmless play, nothing more."

Aisha knew that it wasn't just that. Something else was behind all this and he would not put it to rest so easily especially now that he'd opened on the topic.

"Iason also thought it harmless the first time he set out to tame Riki. But then the Pet proved to be a powerful magnet that pulled him in, a drug without actually being one.

"We all know he's not to be underestimated, for even Jupiter surrendered. What more another Blondie Gideon!"

The latter could not believe what he was hearing, Aisha letting a bit of anger show, but was most certainly unerring. Deep inside, despite some refutation, Gideon knew this to be precise...and he knew it was dangerous, this deadly sense of closeness he wanted, mind repeating Riki's own words spoken to the Ruby earlier: the price of my Exclusivity in full.

"You worry too much. It's nonsense," Gideon dismissed Aisha's concerns, choosing to evade the subject, seeing both their vehicles drawing near, bearing the proper pets to throw into the other highlights of the ongoing Soiree.

Orphe's Aircar was likewise seen at a distance, which meant that this discussion was already over. They must not talk of this.

"He'll still be a mongrel to me," built upon a certain resolve, Gideon tried to assure his brother, though it was more to himself as he knew that if he otherwise faltered, his confusion inside will be obvious.

Aisha was still unconvinced though, but he did agree that this was not yet the time nor place to discuss it any further, especially as Orphe's car descended, the Blondie stepping out and catching sight of the other two.

He did, however, leave a lingering remark, which also served as his first hostile warning.

"For your sake," sighed the Lord of Tanagura to the Lord of Midas. "I hope you mean your words, Gideon…"

Chapter 43

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

Moondark. An upstart lounge/bar in Midas' famous Pleasure Quarters, now slowly becoming a home for the rich and privileged, the perverted and persevering, for masters and their pets and other interstellar clientele, the normal citizens, where he had been downing wine for some time now as well before the redhead arrived...

Katze had been busy with some prior business, something Iason had wanted him to arrange in the next few days, including a quick visit to Ceres and another to a much more farther place.

He couldn't believe the Master could actually allow such a thing to pass when he could much so easily have prefered just tying Riki by a leash to his side.

"You mentioned the Hotel is already complete?" the Blondie had interrupted, picking through the broker's reports regarding the progress of Cerberus the last time he had visited the Palace, right after he had taken the time to sort what was a trouble in the form of an elite that had picked upon his Riki at a gathering the night before.

Katze nodded simply, "Yes."

Iason contemplated for a while before he smiled to himself and said, "Arrange a visit for me."

"When will you be leaving Master?"

"Not I, Katze. For Riki."

The response immediately made the other curious, and quite much surprised.

"Just him Master?"

He looked at Iason Mink with an incredulity he didn't try to hide, which in turn was amusing the superior Blondie, making his lips curve into another one of those incredible smiles.

"He'll go with Katron. I'm sending him there after our visit to Ceres," his sapphire eyes were certain when he turned to look at Katze. "Arrange it for me."

So things had indeed changed have they not? Odd as it may be. Iason has learned to sow trust in the relationship and was keen to provide Riki with enough freedom that he no longer suffocated. How enchanting. For a Blondie to learn humanity all in the name of love and being loved  in return by another.

This was a new Iason. Katze smiled before he lit himself a cigarette, walking down the aisle into Moondark where he knew the other was waiting…

His second labelled bottle but his mind is still far from numb, never drunk really during work but would drown himself in booze the next day he's off. He looked himself through the glass. A new face, a new identity, but never once did it cover the pains he's been feeling inside, never could erase the memories of the things he had done a year past.

He might have been restored, and given an opportunity to better himself through high-paid labour as an agent of the Underground, but then maybe he should just have had his memories wiped out after all. That way he could just forget and be totally new as his past love had wished.

But then he didn't want to forget. He wanted to remember what he had done to Riki and why they were no longer together. He did not want to forget what a fucking idiot he had been, all for the sake of a selfishness he had forced down the other and failed at.

"Isn't this a bit early to get drunk?"

He didn't even stand or acknowledge the redhead as the other slipped onto the seat beside him. He cared not of anything as of late, choosing to be a workaholic and an alcoholic so he can make use of his time, hoping to forget but then not really attempting so in the earnest.

As the broker ordered himself a drink, he watched an older customer with a female escort many years his junior ask the waiter to turn up the volume of the news feed up on the live screen, a Blondie by the name of Gideon Lagat, the face of the Blondie Class, accompanied by the headlines 'Tanagura Council to open trade with Karura City' occupying the monitor.

"Isn't that the Chief of Information?" he asked Katze who all but confirmed this with a simple nod, taking a drag out of his cigarette. They both listened.

'Isn't the Council a little bit apprehensive with starting Trade with Karura? Hadn't they been pushing for independence from Jupiter since then?'

'It wasn't the Council who instigated the negotiations. We only received the invitation to do business days ago,' countered the Blondie who oversaw the domian that was Midas. 'It's still subject to considerations, but rest assured, the public will know once Neu-Jupiter makes his final decision about the matter...'

Such beauty, this perfect monster, but for some reason Guy who was now living this new persona could see nothing but a face akin to Iason in his head. All Blondies were the same. They were ruthless totalitarians and dictators, slaves to their own power, masters of their own whim.

But then if that had been the case, why did Riki still choose one of them to be the bride of?

He remembered it well, the thought makes him feel quite uneasy in fact, how his once 'pairing partner' had left him for a Blondie. At first he thought this had been against Riki's will, but then to find out how the other went back into the collapsing plant to die with the Man, leaving him and safety there, his fears were ultimately confirmed.

Katze sighed. "Karura's been having difficulties with their so-called self-independence and they come crawling back."

Guy poured himself another shot. "Nothing wrong with wanting to avoid deterioration like what happened to Ceres," surprisingly he still sounded sober enough for conversation.

They both fell into silence. The screen feed changed images. Then Katze noted how his companion had paused, the redhead turning his eyes to the screen in time to see the face of Iason Mink and, understandably the reason for Bison's ex-lieutenant to gape, that of Riki's.

The virtual newscaster was saying, '...other news, Tanagura's Neu-Jupiter, Master Iason Mink has been spotted visiting a construction site in Midas…'

Guy's fists clenched up and, in the same sense, so did his heart. Sometimes he did forget that Tanagura had found the Blondie alive in Dana. And when they paraded him into what is now Eos Tower Two, with all press and media attention from seven star systems away, it surprised him even more that Riki as well was still amongst the living.

The first time he had seen his beloved again, it was when the other was laid in a golden casket, asleep. Now he saw Riki everywhere, which added to his frustration, and worse, wherever the name and form of Iason Mink surfaced.

He knew he should just be happy. Riki was alive. But being the former tie of what is now Tanagura's Exclusive, he still couldn't help but feel pangs of jealousy. Guy's fist tightened further. But then who was he to come between the two now?

Katze stayed observing. The virtual newscaster continued to narrate as he watched his unlikely friend deal with his personal conflicts, '...security was tighter with Droids and Police in heavy arms especially...the Exclusive was likewise seen accompanying Tanagura's top Blondie...'

Riki's colour of the day was a deep gold in the feed. But only part of his costume was visible. Iason has made it second nature to deck the Pet in stunning folds of hooded capes, some mandatory and symbolic warning that this being who walked right beside him now was a sacred part of the entire System of things. Or just in the plainest of terms, was his, thus the Pet's body is not to be shown to anyone else.

He eyed Riki for some time as Guy had been doing, and it was rather easy for Katze to tell what the mongrel beside him was contemplating about. Then he heard it, "He's still as gorgeous as I remember."

There was a trace of a bitter smile in those words as Guy downed a full glass in one sweep. Katze waited while he poured another, the dark liquid falling more like blood into the glass.

"He has not aged a day, or is he younger?"

"Younger," the broker replied. His own glass sat before him but he had never touched it. "I believe Jupiter reverted his form back a few years."

Guy smirked. The words of the virtual newscaster fell garbled to his hearing but he could see clearly Riki's smiling expression, the same that he used to give him back in the days, now a beam of light directed towards the Blondie. His heart felt constricted, watching the Elite of the Elite of Elites wrap an arm gently around his former boyfriend's waist, pulling him rather possessively closer as he gestured towards something at a distance, somewhere Riki had asked of perhaps, bending in to whisper into the latter's ear something the world will forever be curious about…

They made a very beautiful couple...too beautiful

To Guy, everything became a blur, became noise, and for a moment, all he could see was nothing but that ringed hand flexing suggestively from where it held his once lover, fingers running themselves almost unnoticeable over the small indent of flesh that had peeked from through the cape.

Wasn't that the ring he'd used to torment Riki with in Apathia? The very ring that made Bison's former leader bend and kiss his feet? Ironic now how it has become a sign of their union, and is so proudly displayed as are their affections. He doubted that if Riki could be allowed to show off his Pet Ring, he would as well.

Guy's mind skipped, watching all this unfold, especially when he noticed how Riki had allowed the very tiny gesture, himself casually leaning his head on Iason's shoulder as some high-ranking Onyx came over to discuss matters with the top Blondie.

Guy didn't know how he was feeling. Whatever it was, it wasn't a pleasant emotion inside. A flash of all their memories came crashing down on him - from when he had began in Guardian - from the days of Bison, Ceres - Riki's disappearance, coming back stone-cold...disappearing again...the next thing was how he'd told them everything and introduced them to his Master, the incident at Dana...Riki dying...coming back to become Neu-Jupiter's Exclusive

All was a whirl.

Then next Guy could remember was how Riki looked during the Pet Auction. He had changed. He had become the Pet he was expected to be in his midnight themed garb and silver. But his fire, the undying resolve in him shone ever brighter, enhanced only by the love that was now so obvious between him and the Blondie.

Guy had left when they were dancing. He couldn't stand it that what had been his could now look at someone else with such devotion. But then Riki is no longer bound to him. Guy had betrayed him with what he had done. And deep inside his heart of hearts, the man was aware that what had been them could never happen again.

"I will never be worthy of him," Guy slammed a fist unto the counter so suddenly and forcefully that the other patrons turned towards their direction. The tender even came over to check but Katze dealt with it quickly.

When things had settled, the redhead leaned in just close enough to whisper, "You shouldn't torture yourself like this. We all must eventually carry on with our lives." The top broker pointed at Riki's fading form on the screencast. His smile vanished, just as it had vanished from Guy's life. Yes. Riki had moved on without him. And he had no right to take it all away again.

In the end, all Guy could feel was a sense of dismay. He felt sorry for himself. He felt guilty for what he had done out of the selfish definition of his own form of love. Because he had refused to let the other go, he killed what had been of them.

"Katze…"

The redhead was lighting his next cigarette but was listening to those words, watching the beads of condensation slide into small streams from the surface of his untouched glass. He blew smoke past his lips.

"What is it?"

"I know you told me not to ever come near him. But…just this once…"

Katze had been asked by Riki a serious request, before he forever turned away from the world and returned to Iason's side, a Pet ready to die with his Master. The redhead had kept his word, and had granted Guy the current life he now lived. But then should this be considered living at all?

He looked up at the broker. Although the face that stared at Katze now was a face that had been the results of major alteration and science, the limb his Master Iason had damaged conveniently replaced by bioengineering...although it was now a stranger that looked at him, deep inside, the soul behind this ruffled gentleman was the same old Guy.

He was hurt beyond repair. He was wounded to his very being. He was suffering that even all advancement cannot cure the illness he suffered from…

A broken heart was a heart you can never mend. It was an injury medicine can't reach and salve.

"And what would you do when you see him? If I gave you that chance?"


The Pet had disappeared but Katron now knew where to look for him when he otherwise was absent from the common places of the Palace. And all it took was a strong, fast leap, the Furniture calling the reserves of his power so easily, landing gracefully where his Master Riki lounged, contemplating, staring towards the far-off image of Ceres and the moons framing it.

"Here you are," the Alpha of the Trinity sighed, blinking his eyes to return them to their normal state. Riki threw him a quick glance and a congratulatory smile before he turned to look towards that direction once more.

No clouds to obscure the scenery. It was simply lovely. With Ceres a mysterious spectre beneath it with its tiny, dying lights.

"Is Iason home yet?"

"He's on his way," said the Furniture. "What are you doing here again anyway, Master Riki?"

"Just getting some peace and quiet," the Pet answered, before he noticed that Katron had carried something up with him. A curious velvet letter the Furniture now had in his hand.

"What's that?" pointed Riki who first thought the thing was no more than another invitation to some other pet's Bacchanalia. Sometimes, Orphe would send his choices to the Palace directly, of the top events he'd organize for the elites of the Towers, but only one or two at any given time.

Katron had on him an apologetic look. "It's an invitation sample...for your Coming Out Masquerade, Master Riki. Master Orphe sent it earlier."

Riki grimaced at what Katron had said, and for a while thought he had been mistaken. But as he was handed the black gold envelope, as he stared upon the curling, silver-inlaid lettering of the invitation, at the laser-carved embellishments sparkled with five small but prominent black diamonds, at the emblem of Neu-Jupiter mimicking the mark he had on his body as Iason had it, he frowned.

It was indeed an invitation, and it was indeed for his next Coming Out, his name and Iason's prominently stamped there. This would now be the third of a series, officially making him the Pet with the most number of Cotillions under his name.

He did not know how to deal with this. He felt like his head would expire if he thought of it again. So even the Exclusive would not be exempt? He'll have to go through this most embarrassing and carnal of ordeals yet again?

"Riki...dearest..."

Iason has just come in from work and was now sauntering out into the Court in his normal habit of looking for his Pet and love. Both Riki and his Furniture followed the Blondie's form, before the former decided he'd better clarify with his Master all this and jumped down, spreading his wings and swooping in like a massive archangel right into the Blondie's welcoming arms. Katron followed shortly after, landing on his feet like a cat, Karinese eyes gleaming before they reverted to normal.

Iason immediately greeted his beloved with a kiss, but noticed that face to have on it again that particular expression of distrust and annoyance. Sapphire eyes fell onto the Furniture and the Blondie figured it in an instant when he saw what the Alpha of his Trinity had in his hand.

"Something appears to be bothering my lovely Pet tonight. What is it?"

"You allowed Orphe...to organize a Coming Out for me?"

Ah, so he knew. The Blondie was actually hoping he'd be the one to tell the Pet of the matter but it seems like his brother had been overly-excited and had gone on ahead with sending the details of it over to the Palace. Now Riki was again bothered. As he should. He hated these things.

Iason's lips curved slightly, seeing how a disapproving expression was marring his Exclusive's elegant visage.

"What is there to fear beloved?" and he reached a hand to trace his Pet's jaw with. He kissed where his fingers had landed and Riki shuddered suddenly as if his body had been stripped naked and left to the mercy of a cooler wind.

"It's just...Iason..."

The Pet could not find the words. He somehow knew it would be a pointless argument, but still he didn't want to be subjected to such misery again. This was easy to figure however. Iason knew this being in his arms like he knew the System, and the Blondie was aware what Riki hated and what he did not.

He kissed him again, more lovingly, undoing the clasps of the Pet's royal blue top. He dropped it to the floor, Katron prompt to pick it up and take his leave with a bow. When this sort of thing happens, that means the Masters would want dessert first before dinner which will both be served in bed, one immediately, the other after an hour and half exactly. The Furniture timed it as he headed back into the Main of the Palace...

As Iason held Riki, he called to mind what Orphe had been deciding, that according to the other Blondie, Riki will need to 'perform' during the event as the Council had voted upon, but seeing that this could not be done with any other pet or master, then it would mean...

"Bed Iason..." Riki groaned as the Blondie's touches became more fervid and passionate, his knees weakening before he held them back in place, looping his arms over and around the being he so loved.

Iason hoisted his prize up and into his arms, before he released his own pair of wings and took to the air, landing on the balcony of the Master's bedroom in a flurry of feathers and falling petals from the roses in the arbors now decorating it. When Riki asked for this addition, Iason immediately had them built, no questions.

The Master, his Pet delirious from the kisses, walked into their main Nest in the house, Iason lowering the latter onto the mattresses and the multiple layers of sheets, luxe beddings and pillows which covered it. He stripped his own clothes, keeping Riki's lustful stare. The wings had gone but later they both knew these extensions would burst out again in the heat of their lovemaking.

"Fear not," Iason repeated as he claimed his place on top of his Pet, lacing their fingers together as he ground upon him, the friction causing Riki to cry out, the Blondie immediately burying his face to lick and nip at that exposed neck.

"I..." the Pet moaned. "...can't help it. Don't I..." he threw his head back more. "...have to do something in..." he felt himself harden further and felt Iason's own wet excitement poking at him, smearing its juices. "...my own Coming Out?"

There it is. The truth. Riki still held a loathing for that thing and it will never change, Exclusivity or no. Iason sucked then licked at his Pet's earlobe, the tip of his tongue running an indulgent trail before he whispered again, very sweetly, tortuously and convincingly.

"Don't worry. If you have to do anything during the event...

"...you will only be doing it...

"...with me."

Notes:

Yuri: Hello!

First update I've done in a while. Been very busy, but wanting to proofread and post this up. I will get to work on the rest of the next chapters, will find time for them in my workload, and hopefully get them up in the next few days. I missed my Cinco fanfic so much!

This update is likewise dedicated to nivis-belany(dot)tumblr(dot)com, my 'official' stalker in tumblr. Thought I'd mention 'him' here because Stalker-tan's been going through all the effort of posting all the stuff I like and cheering me up when I was down last time.

Chapter 44

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

An early, starless evening, a night of new moons, an evening of utter darkness for stealthy travels. Taking the more remote route to the degenerate area of Midas which is Ceres, the unmarked Aircar and its executive convoy picked their way through the ruined infrastructures that would have been the Slums' crowning glory, keeping lights low, passing beneath arches of rusting metal, the skeletons of one and many a neglected plant this side of the planet and several docks supposedly meant for building space crafts and other transports but had not come to reality.

Riki looked at the darkness with a sigh, imagining how life would have been if Ceres had indeed come through with its independence; if, like Tanagura, the slums became a bustling metropolis of progress and opportunity. Would he have not been a Pet perhaps, or would he still have managed, in some twisted way orchestrated by Fate, to end up by Iason's side?

"Take right," instructed Katze to the robot chauffeur as he carefully plotted the course of their trip using a virtual handheld. He was the custodian of something quite important today, of the Capital's Exclusive...and of Tanagura's top Blondie himself who decided he'd rather take leave from his many responsibilities and join them on the road.

Katze was usually formal, silently engaged in his calculations as he steered the mostly automated armada and the vehicle it flocked towards that place in Ceres, careful to keep everything under as much of a low profile as possible, straying far and clear even of the highway that connected the slums to the rest of the world's acceptable civilization.

They could have taken the underground channels, but then Iason did not agree on it. Besides, there was no tunnel by which they could reach that place, well, more of a run-down drinking hole Katze knew to be the most recent hangout frequented by one of Riki's old comrades, Norris.

He looked at the Pet briefly as Riki was lost in his thoughts, and pictured how he would react when he found out what had happened to the rest of his friends in the year that he had slept. Bison had actually burned, the Sleeping Dog slain in the gutters, but unlike the Phoenix its former leader had become thanks to the old god, it has never risen from its ashes.

"Would you want me to tell him about what became of the other two?" Katze recalled further an earlier discussion with Iason as the latter was being waited upon by the Betas of his Trinity. This was before they left the Palace, the broker coming in to act as their sentry and guide late that afternoon.

Riki was already dressed for the occasion and was elsewhere, in plain clothes for once, but surprisingly still quite as dashing as he would be in his palatial costumes, as if the simple jacket and jeans, hooded shirt and boots, could not contain his appeal. And he was excited. Which served to brighten his smiles further as he spoke to Katron about the visit, and as the two men observed him from the above chambers.

"Let his friend tell him of it. That would be better," the Blondie had said.

"But it might come as a shock to your Pet, Master."

"You also think him delicate and unable to handle that form of pain, Katze?" Iason chuckled, allowing his Trinity Furniture to slip his robe on and fasten it, Kantre offering a few other trinkets that the Blondie promptly refused. "Better that it be from a person he used to acquaint himself with..."

Used to...or was it because Riki will lament it less, or that he will move on faster this way, or could it be that Iason also thought it beneficial for Riki's friend if he was the one to break the sad news to the Pet and release himself from its pains the same way?

Katze, this time, looked at Iason.

The Blondie was still one he could not guess the true motives of, even after all these years, he was still a puzzling anomaly himself...

The trip was taking longer via this strange route, and Riki was becoming visibly restless though he tried amuse himself by attempting to interface with the System nodes found here and in the surrounding areas of what were the outskirts of Ceres. He had heard from Katron once in their discussions that the System reached this far in fact, and that the remnants may still be functional. But as he scanned through, it seems they were not.

His Master noticed this. He always felt it when Riki was using this skill.

"Disappointed?"

Iason was right. There was nothing here but the ghosts of a bygone era and some dissipated dreams that will never come true, of nerve-shattering hardship.

"Why'd Jupiter let his influence die here?" asked Riki.

The Blondie replied, "It's not that he let it die. It's just there's nothing here that's of any use.

"Jupiter is a Super-System of function and purpose. Ceres had its functions, true, but beyond the very few if offers, it serves no greater purpose…"

The transports were now passing a series of very deep canyons, among the very few unique to the landscape this side of Amoi. Ceres knew this place to be a dead river, a place for refuse and waste, where the below-mediocre drainage structures of the slums threw up its trash and sludge through overused pipes and channels, far from the efficient labyrinthine canals by which Tanagura dealt with its bio-hazards and toxic... The cavalcade moved on.

Katze was actually planning on landing them all onto a well-hidden back area in the ruins of Ceres, where Riki, escorted most probably, can proceed to head to the bar to see his old friend, assuming Norris will not be too drunk and senseless to converse with.

Of course there will be prior clearing, the droids and bots which will be immediately sent out, the first to make a perimeter so as to ensure none will intrude upon the holy couple and their business there. They will leave after the Pet is done, but not later than before daybreak that way no one found them out.

Despite being powerful nerves on their own, it would still be a scandal if any more of the higher caste knew about their dear Iason's little getaway. Although Katze knew the superior Blondie has done this so many times in the past, including that time when he had slipped Riki's Pet Ring back on after having it off for a year.

"When you said you would be going, I only thought that it was just us both...not this."

It was about time for some light conversation, and the Master was engaging his Pet, but an arm slid around his waist and gently rubbing gloved fingers there. Riki had disapproved of the idea of carrying a literal fleet with them, feeling as if they were off on a declaration of war instead of a visit to his old haunt. But as usual, Iason's will be done and he could do no more but agree.

"I did not suggest this, believe me my love," the Blondie had told him. "It was Raoul's proposition."

It was not a secret between them that the trip had been kept strictly under wraps. Orphe had not been informed, although he was supposed to be the main manufacturer of all of Neu-Jupiter's affairs and schedules.

Iason could never risk it, had never risked it, and moved as he had done before, in complete confidentiality to fulfill his promise to Riki pre-Pet Auction. Yet the very last minute, Raoul had somehow discovered it.

With only his best friend among the other Blondies to know of the sojourn, in exchange for the Biochemist's silence and to quell any other argument that would arise thereafter, Iason agreed to take the 'standard' security Raoul had arranged...much to Riki's annoyance and Katze's utter disconcert. No elite really had a fondness for the Slums, yet here he was, the very head of the Tanaguran realm, come down from his perch to accompany his Pet no less into this rejected, rusting paradise. At least Raoul did not stop them. He was well-aware he could not stop them.

"You don't want to accompany me to the races on the grounds of drawing attention. Don't you think everyone will surely know now that I'm married to you this way?"

It was an unnecessary worry. Katze had already done with all the precautions and this visit will be as secret an affair as the preparations of war Neu-Jupiter had been reticently planning for. But the Blondie did want to pry a bit.

He asked, "Is that such a bad notion? You dislike the thought of being married to me?"

He watched Riki's expressions change, the colour rising to his face before the Pet stammered, "N-Not really…" before he caught that gleam of mischief in his Master's sapphire eyes that made him revolt.

"Quit playing with me," scowled Riki immediately. This time, even Katze smiled.

The Pet felt a bit of an embarrassment, the two seemingly to gang up on teasing him lately, only the redhead was more discreet at it, and turned to hide how his heart had been pounding in his ears because looking right into Iason's mesmerizing face was only serving to deepen his blush.

Riki focused on Ceres again, allowing for a thought to dawn upon him as he noted the barest of lights and luxury afforded this poor part of the kingdom. Far from the world where the neon lamps and virtual projections did not die and where the brightness of the city nights were as frequent as the stars were in outer space. Ceres was indeed not alike to what he sees in Midas...not even close to what surrounded him in Tanagura.

Mongrels like what he had been once were often prone to over-contemplate that division between people up there in the System where he now resided and down here, in what can be called hell. It made them feel pathetic, worthless, outcasts and fiends to an otherwise progressive story. When one grew up with nothing, seeing others have what you don't makes you feel pity as Riki had felt pity, even as Iason's blessed Pet and love.

The Blondie noticed the silence, and moved in to not only enfold his Exclusive but grant him a kiss and two on his cheek and temple.

"What ails my love?"

"It's been a while. I wonder what I'd find coming here," Riki leaned into the embrace, feeling secure in those strong, inhuman arms more than anywhere in the world.

Somewhere in the back of his mind was a voice that screamed how he wanted to go back to their Palace, to ask his Master to have Katze turn the car and its retinue around, to return them to the light of Tanagura which was now where he knew he truly belonged, back to the care of his nurses and the lull of their gardens, the hum of their robotic slaves, and in bed where his lover's voice would be the music to which he would slumber.

But then Riki also knew this had to happen. He had asked to be here. He had asked to learn what had become of his old acquaintances otherwise he would burn, burn in the confines of their metallic metropolis over the fact that he had not taken the opportunity to find out just how his friends are.

Riki was even curious of Guy, but had aborted intentions to ask Katze as he recalled what had happened between them. It made him feel angry. But he did want to see the state the others are in. Since they found him in Apathia, since what his former flame had done...how was Bison without Riki the Dark? The Pet wanted to know!

Iason kissed him again, and the Pet could feel the warmth from those lips as they consumed his own. The redhead had fell to staring, but had respectfully turned his attentions elsewhere.

"Your softer sides and expressions are truly exquisite…" spoke the Blondie. Before the smile there faded to something akin to grim caution, as his lover's eyes held some manner of hidden truth. "Whatever it is that you discover, my love, may it not scar you indefinitely...

"...that you once more lose your wings to sorrow."

Notes:

Yuri: So what has happened in Ceres in the year Riki was asleep? Ah, I can't tell you. ^_^

Thank you for waiting...

Chapter 45

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

He did not have an idea how Katze had managed it, but the pub with a snap of the redhead's fingers had become as deserted as the rest of Ceres was this side, enough that Riki could now walk in without pulling the hood of his shirt up, and the car, their car, with Iason in it could now land safely on the premises without worrying of onlookers and any trespassers that would come, this, not to mention the hungry gangs that were plentiful these parts...

Though some pre-requisites were still exercised, like having the Aircar park safely somewhere still well-inconspicuous, hidden from plain sight, and, although he was told that it was very much safe, the Pet could not help (as a habit) but dim his own features with the cover of his clothing, used to being caped when outdoors back at home. But the place was indeed void of people, and it helped that the lights were low enough if not entirely out. Still, he could not feel but be a little cautious.

What is Neu-Jupiter's Pet doing in a place like this? that would be everyone's question as certainly everyone knew how he looked like by now given that he had also become a public figure since revealing himself at the Pet Auction.

Yet as he passed them, the empty tables and scattered chairs, the dirty corners unnoticeable under this glare, the containers, glasses, bottles of cheap Stout and packets, canister, vials of hallucinogens and other drugs, he could also smell the faint trace of his past.

Wasn't it, on a similar den as this that he had wasted a year's worth of assumed freedom before he himself resumed the tied role of a Pethood he used to refuse, albeit it was via the masterful stroke of Iason's hands? Wasn't it on a similar hole as this that he had discovered he had no appetence any more for Ceres but secretly, and with much loathing, longed for the comfortable confines of Eos?

Walking down the ruined beauty of this honky tonk, Riki remembered Kirie (though he cared less what became of the runt), Bison, everyone...his heart almost sank. He remembered the last days with Guy. He remembered dying at last...only to wake up with everything so different around him, even Iason...

Now he was no longer looking at the space between him and the glorified society from this impoverished side of the cosmos. It saddened the Pet as he now realized he had already crossed over to the greener pastures beyond Ceres.

Riki remembered Jupiter talking, lecturing him finally.

...no longer a mongrel my dear one...you are a prince...for my prince…

He looked at his hands.

For a moment there was a bit of sorrow as his eyes appeared to have misted over. These were no longer those hands. What Guy destroyed, Jupiter renewed. And the fact was never more clearly marked down to the very cell and atom of his being as he stood in the centre of this decaying place.

Would he find anyone familiar here? Would there be any semblance left of who he had been?


Outside. The Underground's top broker, the known Subarctic Scarface of the Black Markets, proves himself once more true to his word and work by accomplishing what he was tasked with and providing even more, securing the area - and a very large circumference at that - around the pub, just so privacy was no longer a primary concern for his charges.

'Three of the five subjects died. Perhaps we need to tinker with the design a bit more?'

Although he was told to take a bit of a break from his responsibilities, as a naturally calculative perfectionist, Katze, cigarette in hand, continued to check on his handheld terminal, watching out for any signs of disruptions around them, at every bot, droid and surveillance pod he had sent fanning across the territory he has made out of. He kept the armed option on, just in the case worse comes to worst which he had likewise anticipated and mindfully prepared for…they were in Ceres after all, it could be inevitable that they run into trouble.

"We should. There must be a fluke with the bioengineering."

The redhead could not help but overhear the discussion between the two Blondies, about how the Trinity reproduction had been encountering problem after problem. Katze wanted to laugh. His dear Master was again playing a game with his brothers.

He heard Iason, "Any suggestions?"

Raoul's holographic projection was seen thinking for a minute, the small figure pacing gracefully on thin air before Neu-Jupiter's eyes up until it nodded once, 'Give me five minutes and I'll show you some of the restructuring I have been working on.

'I have at least two theories I'd want you to see...'

Iason acknowledged that, "By all means."

Raoul respectfully terminated the connection to get to his work, once more casting the Aircar's interior into silent darkness, which was all right, keeping with anonymity. Katze shifted where he was, just outside the doors, but had to speak as he puffed at his cigarette. He blew smoke past his lips in swirls, the breeze carrying the small clouds, "Master Raoul is quite the stickler for perfection. He doesn't want to contend with merely an eighty-five percent success with the clones.

"But is it wise, Master Iason, to not have told him the Trinity is likewise uncopyable?"

The redhead heard the Blondie laugh from within the rested vehicle.

"He has figured that on his own, I'm sure," replied the Blondie. "Given how keen his attention to details. But he will never admit to the difficulty. Knowing Raoul, he will have his way or find one if there isn't."

"It seems you are testing Master Raoul's capabilities," the redhead sighed, letting out another series of puffs, looking up to see a spider's web of cables and lines overhead that does not seem to have a purpose other than clutter.

"Right you are Katze," smirked the superior Blondie. "If he cannot succeed these things by himself, then he is not worthy of the responsibility assigned to him.

"Might as well erase his memories of it."

He was not kidding. It was one of the consequences, as far as the broker knew, to failure and Neu-Jupiter will not accept any from another Blondie. Raoul had to stake his name and pride on the line to become a confidant to the Will's secrets.

Katze had to think on it. Thus far they had done with the preliminaries of Jupiter's Will, and Iason had made a huge leap by including the Biochemist in his plans. Now they were engaged in the secondary steps which included cloning the Trinity to make a super army, before next transforming Ceres into a military domain.

Now the latter was a more difficult task, but it was highly achievable, and both Jupiter and his heir had already come up with an outstanding plan to take advantage of the potential that they had seen in the slums and its derelict citizenry. Katze at first could not see it, but the more he looked into part of the Will given him, the more he understood.

Earlier, Iason had said to Riki during the trip, 'Ceres serves no greater purpose…' but this would only be so unless it was given a 'purpose' and the transformation was it.

The superior Blondie had not told his Pet how with a population that's heavily male, and all possessing the same sheen and strength of will and a need to prove themselves against the world, the slums could be easily converted into a force necessary for Neu-Jupiter's reign.

The new god's own Berserkers, that would be what they will be called after the transformation. Though the Trinity-based army will take priority, and will need to be set into action first, but that will depend on how Raoul gets over his own hurdles which appeared to be great.

Katze continued to ponder, It's the beauty of his work. Though dealing with someone above you is a nuisance, Master Raoul will need to get it done.

He has to. The clones will play such a vital role. Everything may not progress if this part of the Will ceased to work.

Iason had been looking at the redhead through the opened window. It makes him smile to see how his ex-Furniture had been contemplating, the gleam of thought evident in his eyes. The Master rested his weight back on the leather seat, crossing his legs and impatiently drumming his fingers against a thin communications slate.

He'll have to wait to hear from his brother, but he was also wanting to go check up on Riki. All the security aside, the Blondie just would not trust his Pet to be alone with someone whom the latter used to actually play the mongrel's gigolo with once...and lost to. The thought fills him with an eerie jealousy.

"So this is the place where the two of you came from? Feeling nostalgia, Katze?" asked Iason, breaking the silence, and unconsciously distracting himself.

Katze dropped the remains of his cigarette and crushed it underfoot. "Not really," and lighted another one immediately. Such reckless self-destruction. "I don't remember much about Ceres to make it significant for such." The redhead had never experienced life here anyway, not in the manner his Master's Pet had. And the smoke once more billowed from between his lips, catching the late breeze.

Iason continued, "And Guardian?"

The broker always thought the place to be a terrarium, worthless and artificial as it never really prepared one for life in the outer colonies. Unlike Riki, Katze's fate was more of a harsh reality, rendered a eunuch since he was younger, never even able to enjoy the most basic of all needs. Heat and love included.

"Never Guardian," it was the redhead's turn to smirk, shaking his head. "There isn't much there to start with…"

Notes:

Yuri: Surprise! Another chapter. ^_^

Chapter 46

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

Riki could not believe his eyes when he found him, his old friend, slumped over the table and already a groggy heap, a pathetic form against the black surface of the table, the steel there as distressed as the person was. The Exclusive gave a sigh... So this is Norris now? he asked himself, feeling the pangs of pity tug at his heart. How could this happen?

Slowly, he raised a hand to slip his hood off, allowing himself to feel safe as the velvet fabric fell to layer over his shoulders and down his back, because he truly was in the location. He truly was safe now.

Ever gently, as if in the voice of cool water, he looked down upon the tired form of his friend "Norris," and called his name, strangely uncomfortable somehow as the haggard, obviously sleepless eyes of the latter slowly lifted to return his look. The mention of his name like a trigger.

Then those eyes shot wide open, in complete disbelief, as next his friend's fingers reached up, trembling, fearing, those dry lips shaking as his body was shaking. The former Bison member appeared to doubt, gaping and speechless...

Riki could only look. He could only deduce from the unkempt hair and features now so close to his scrutiny, one where upon whose eyes a certain sadness rested, what indeed had become of Bison when he disappeared. Norris seemed to have grown older.

Was there tragedy? What had happened? He wanted to know...

"R-Riki...?" finally Norris managed, though unsure, had found his voice beyond the shock, fingers touching a cheek and afraid, as if this image before him would shatter and fade into nothing again, like the bad dreams he's been having as of late. "Riki?"

"Yes. It's me Norris," the Exclusive answered, to assure his friend that he was not another illusion, not a figment of his imagination. He even showed him his empty palms as if they were viable emphasis to truth.

His friend could only stutter, rubbing his eyes only to open them again to see the face of the one who was once their leader. "R-Riki..." a smile...tears of happiness. Norris could not express it in mere words as he tried to stagger to his weakened knees. "You're...you're..." thus he let his emotions convey how he felt...

At that, Neu-Jupiter's Pet gave a sigh. "I'm alive..." said Riki in supplementation, taking that hand carefully into both of his, giving it the familiar squeeze. This was comfort. This was madness. The rogue black-haired beauty has risen from the dead and, although he looked like how he looked before, the appeal still there, something about him was... different.

Riki was still Riki but he was not Riki altogether. Norris could not put it into a coherent description, especially as the emotions mixed, the long-kept suffering bursting, his consciousness a drunken puddle.

Norris shot up and embraced him, arms still uncertain, trembling but was indeed certain that it was he. Riki was alive!

"I thought you were..." words failed. The Exclusive understood, smiling, just happy for now that he had found at least one of his old gang members.

Riki returned that gesture. He returned that faithful embrace. "It's good to see you again Norris," he whispered, gently tousling the seemingly ashen-turned hair of his friend, the latter beginning to break down, his body quaking, warm streams of unhindered tears pouring.

And thus they were reunited, in the familiar scent of neglect and deterioration that was Ceres.

Riki the Black had come home.


Night gave way to early morning and this meant it was about time. Having tired of waiting for Riki, fueled by a bit of jealousy on the side, Iason finally went in to make his presence known to the other person whom Riki was with. They had been in Bison together, his Pet's old friend, who was now a desolate soul as Katze had reported. Indeed. As Iason looked at him, this Norris was the image of a beaten down man, void of any discretion or care for well-being. Far, if recollection served him well and it did, to the face of that mongrel who came to Apathia only to see their mighty leader bend down to kiss Iason's feet. Quite far.

Norris on the other hand was surprised to see the Blondie though he told himself he should have expected it. He had not been updated since most of the time he was either drunk on Stout or unconscious some place, wanting to die. But now that he was part sober, he took in the whole picture of Riki's return. It made him happy especially when he found out of his leader's good fortune and that he was now in good hands, contradictory to the image Guy presented them long ago. Riki was no longer coerced to it, in fact they looked more the part of lovers. Which was good. How many slum mongrels did he know managed to land a Blondie?

But the night presented more revelations and other emotional difficulties Norris could no longer contain and had to cry out. Iason surprisingly enough stuck around to listen in peace as both Riki and Norris exchanged stories. He sat a distance off, Katze every now and then joining his side. But the two were left to their discussions. He did note the shift on his Pet's face when he found out the truth, the truth that Iason already knew about, reported by his trusted ex-Furniture.

According to Norris, they had not expected Guy to return to the Slums. It had been a few weeks that he told them nothing, but when they pushed for it, he admitted of what he had done and of what exactly happened to Riki as a result. This tore Bison apart. A heated argument ensued and Guy was beaten. He did not fight back. It was Sid who got between them but inevitably had to tell Guy to go. That was the last time they saw him.

Afterwards, Bison could no longer continue. Robbed by their leader, now their second-in-command, they scattered like the dogs they had been dubbed as. Then a tragedy. One night, as Luke and Sid were both meandering the streets near Guardian, some old fiends from rival gangs came to ambush them. Jeeks or whoever they were. They were unarmed, clearly outnumbered and trapped. They fought back as hard and as best as they could, but…

"We lost Sid," said Norris with a heavy heart, tears threatening his already blood-shot eyes. "He died in Luke's arms and we couldn't save him!"

Riki could not comprehend what he felt at the news. He did not know how to respond to it. Iason kept his silence, but he knew how bad this must be tearing his love apart.

Notes:

Yuri: I'm back! Thank you folks for all the get-well-soon wishes. I am now very much better. And I apparently replaced the message that was posted here with this chapter as a note to that. ^^

So here's the continuation and expect me to continue writing this for all of you. Now I have a question though...I'm considering moving this fanfic over to my Wattpad account. Not soon though as I am still thinking about it. (Oh and yes, I've been uploading some of my original works into Wattpad because I want them to have a place.) But tell me what you think.

Glad to be home in ff-dot-net again. I missed writing my stories.

Chapter Text

Iason whispered into his beloved's ear, "We need to take our leave Pet…" as there was still business at Eos to attend to.

Automatically, as it were a well-acknowledged precaution, the top Blondie activated that mechanism in his hair and turned his golden locks into a deep Sapphire, walking ahead in his usual poise, a magnificent icon of bearing, the length of his locks cropping a bit shorter than his usual.

But he was mindful of Riki who followed close behind him, the latter also mindful of Norris now being assisted by the redhead broker - unhappy with the task or no, his poker face not giving hints. But it seemed he struggled, shoulders bearing the weight of Norris' full frame as the latter trod drunkenly, having swallowed too much.

The Pet looked worried. He just had to stop and console his friend when he seemed like he was about to throw up once they got to the doors. Iason spared but a brief eye over his shoulder and then turned to wait in the transport.

"Neh Riki, I'm okay…" but the Bison ex-member dismissed his former leader's concerns when the other turned to him with it.

Riki gave a sigh, pocketing his hands, eyeing his friend with a suspicion. But no time for that. They had to leave. No one needed to know that the Jupiter Lovers were here. For obvious reasons.

"You'll take care of him right Katze?" Riki wanted to be assured though earlier the redhead had already volunteered to personally make certain that Norris will be able to find his way back to his home.

"No. Never mind…" Norris waved it off however, to which the broker seemed relieved though his face gave no outward signs.

"If ever you stray in Midas, give me a call. I can meet up with you anytime."

Norris seemed sober enough to squint through with this question. "Are you allowed to?" 

Riki met Iason with that questioning stare, but the Blondie just nodded.

"Yes.

"I can also just come visit you here again," said the Pet, at which Katze visibly frowned more than usual.


Riki stood near the door of the transport, looking back as Katze disappeared into the darkness of an alley, escorting Norris, a flock of droids following. The other components of their security details had likewise moved closer in a sweep, finalizing the area for safety until their charges had left.

Riki seemed to pay no attention to it though. His mind drifted, perhaps thinking about the things he had discovered today.

Sid is dead. And according to Norris, Luke is now nowhere to be found. After the events, Luke had simply faded into the background of Ceres, never to be seen ever again.

This was what had happened to their group in the year he was gone. His friends...they had met such trials and worst, he wasn't here to help them. He had been asleep. He somehow felt guilty, and it was something he could not hide from Iason.


Katze had taken Norris home, drawing from mere memory the details of the mongrel's whereabouts, not to admit it, but he had certainly been keeping tabs on them since Guy. It's not a secret to the broker that in the last year, Riki's friends had been relocating all over Ceres, except until the time when Sid died and Luke vanished.

Katze heard rumours that he was dead, but that was never confirmed by his informants. Well Norris here had moved across town with his lover and has been with him since. There had been a few domestic disturbances between them, but besides the fact that Norris had become a derelict, the two still had a relationship going on...

As they neared the small apartment Norris lived in, the latter stopped Katze and struggled to his feet. "I can walk home by myself now. You better get back to them," he said, helping himself up on his feet and shaking a head to part-waking.

The redhead watched him cough and nearly hurl though Norris still had the decency to stop himself. He began to stagger towards their haunt.

Katze spoke, "Bringing a Tanagura Blondie to Ceres is an unpleasant task I'd not want to do again."

This made Norris turn back, a sort of indignant expression forming on his features but then the redhead redeemed it without batting an eyelash. "Don't take it wrong. I said that because it's an apparent truth."

Elsewhere, a blue-haired Iason pulled his teary-eyed Pet into his stronger arms and kissed him passionately, consoling him, their security escorts having returned to file in their own vehicles. While Katze had lighted a cigarette and offered Norris one which he blankly took but refused to light.

"Don't you agree? To bring elites into the Slums is like bringing meat to a pack of harpies. Even dressed as a Sapphire, we still cannot hide what's beneath that surface," the broker blew smoke past his lips. "Bringing Neu-Jupiter here, no less, is a gamble, but Master is too devoted to deny a promise."

Digging into his pockets, Katze picked out what appeared to be a card of sorts as the other all but watched him, wondering, confused by both this conversation and the alcohol that was still in his system. The other soon handed it to him.

"What's this?" Norris found his voice and he stared at the card as if this was something alien to him.

"Visit me first thing tomorrow, at Midas, if you're sober enough. I'll have work waiting for you, and more, if you're willing to do something else other than just litter here in Ceres."

At that, the Bison member swallowed, looking very much surprised. A job? Did he just offer him...a job?

"But why?"

This was an unusual turn of events. The last time they were offered business with Midas, they got into trouble, walked right into a trap. But then again if Riki trusted this redhead, there was no reason to worry. Right? But on some point, Norris still held much apprehension. Maybe because he just found out all about Riki. Or it was normal as a mongrel.

Katze understood this perfectly.

His intentions however bordered on something more than what this person before him feared.

"Because I'd rather that the next time you meet up with Riki, it be in Midas, " there. He said the actual reason. "Because in Midas is my strength. It is where I can easily manipulate things for his own safety.

"Think about it. I will wait for your decision…"


At exactly the appointed time, the Aircars took to the skies and left in much hurry, coming in the same way they had gone, carefully keeping under the reach of sunlight. It was still early, and there's little concern to bother with that some people might spot them arriving. In case there be trouble, Katze had already prepared for them.

Upon his return, Katze received explicit orders to provide them some peace and based on how Riki had appeared, looks like the Master was planning to comfort his Pet whom was now grieving. So the redhead took to the front of the convoy, utilizing as his own transport the spare car they brought along for in case.

He left the two alone. They had things to talk about, and as Iason was hoping, Katze too was hoping Riki would get over this.

The sun. The redhead watched it slowly colour the wretchedness and ruin they passed by. He watched the heat burn silently to its glory. He did not reach for his pack of cigarettes, instead, enjoyed the breeze as it whipped past his face, raising a hand, his fingertips tracing the mark once left by his treachery.

This reminded him always of why he was here. There was a greater purpose with this all for him. He was someone who had seen it all and will see more before his lifetime ended where it should. Another day of work.

"Thirty minutes or so until Tanagura…" it was more a note to himself than anything, taking note that the Jupiter Lovers' vehicle was properly surrounded before phoning Katron. The Furniture was prompt to answer.

"Katron, we'll be there in thirty minutes. Have the bed ready. The masters will want to turn in," said the redhead.

"Yes, Mr. Katze," answered Katron and the line went off with a short bleep.

Katze summoned the virtual driver, its synthesized face materializing before him. This was the program of the robot chauffeur in charge of Iason's and Riki's vehicle where at this very moment the Pet was getting some oral treatment from the Blondie in the passenger's hold, a hand fisting at his Master's hair, Riki making little moans and cries of pleasure.

"Drive straight to Eos Tower II. Let's make time," Katze ordered it.

The program acknowledged. After which he was once more left alone to his thoughts. The broker pondered.

To protect such love… Riki by this time had climaxed into Iason's mouth, and next pulled him in for a heated kiss, tasting himself. ...I wonder if things will stay as peaceful as this...

If only with that Katze could have predicted the future.

Chapter 48

Notes:

Yue here again. Yeah, surprise, it's an update! I did say I wrote all the chapters in advance.

Anywho, I just wanted 1.) to thank some for answering my question about the Wattpad move; and 2.) I also just wanted to drop this chapter as part of that triple threat (or should that be treat^^) to all the loyal followers who've been looking forward to the chapters of this story since, well, last year I suppose? Hoping it makes your holidays. Sorry it took me that much time to recover. It had been a long and painful process. :(

But I'm back now, and still as eager as before to see how this story will end. I hope you guys do stay with me. :)

Chapter Text

Riki did mourn, this had been ineluctable, and for almost three days he stayed locked behind the doors of their rooms, and made himself scarce even as Iason came looking. For three days he remained distant, thinking, at times visibly crying about it before he lapsed back to silence yet again. He refused to be consoled, neither did he wish for company. He just wanted to brood by himself in the lonesome, and would be as defiant as he ever was just to get this wish.

But he need not have been rebellious again.

Iason afforded him the seclusion, the peace, and enough of a patience on the Blondie's behalf to sort his sorrows on his own. Even as the System flickered around them, the synapses dancing and changing, Riki being once more unwell with grief.

Iason halted all possible questions, kept the public curiosity at bay. He reasoned against the need of the others to find out what it was that was causing this and promised to rectify things as soon as Riki was done. Though Raoul as always came scowling, "You need to wake him up! Iason!"

That wasn't necessary. One day it simply stopped, as easily as it began, the trouble dispatching of itself and was no more. The System was humming straight again, and Riki was already downstairs for breakfast when Iason came to. Though he looked visibly shrunken and haggard. The lack of sleep and care apparent on his face, the obvious sadness.

"I'm hungry," was the first thing he told the relieved Blondie, followed by a bevy of apologies for taking too long to recover.

Iason dismissed everything, saying it would always be all right, immediately calling for the Furniture to attend to Riki in earnest, to bathe him, change his clothes, feed him as he must be already starving. They also looked positively grateful, not to mention just happy to be fussing around their Master once more...

Unsurprisingly enough, Riki made full recovery within a couple of days, and was back to his old self again by the third. This was a good sign for the Blondie, who was thankful he didn't need to resort to anything unexpected towards Riki as his brothers suggested. Though the Pet did ask to see Sid's grave to bring it a drink and some flowers. Katze made the arrangements in an instant; Riki came visiting after.

The broker and Iason's pet found themselves led, according to Norris' instructions, to a lone, simple tombstone marking a plot of unclaimed ground outside of Ceres. A place where the sun always touched the desolated ruins of the Slums first. Riki cleaned what little space there was, asking Katze if it was possible to get his friend something decent.

The redhead just nodded. It was doable he said. They spent a while there before moving on back to Eos Tower Two where Iason was waiting.

On the way home, when asked how he had managed to get over it easily this time, Riki responded, "I actually have not." This was simple truth.

"The death of Sid is something I'll mourn about for as long as I am breathing. But there is no use crying for the dead. Not when you know others may need you to be stronger than they are."

With that he brought Norris into mind. Norris whom he can now talk to and, after their reunion, was also seen able to move on finally. He had been working in the Underground by then and loved the work according to Katze. Add that to the fact that they still had each other even though they were now on separate levels in society. Norris has and still looked up to Riki for strength. Riki has merely decided to be that strength once more...

That very evening, Riki willingly gave himself over to Iason, even taking time to perfume and doll up a bit though by the end of the evening he was already stark naked and gasping under the Blondie. His body missed its Master, and every sensuous touch was like a pour of heat, searing, the fingers probing within his folds mercilessly like flaming arrows rendering his insides molten. The Pet was begging wordlessly, moaning at every shove.

"Riki…"

Iason had his leg slung over one shoulder, opening him further as those fingers freely explored his nether plains, stroking his manhood, rubbing the slit, fingers driving over and over the bud of his pleasures until he oozed honey. The Blondie went down on him in an instant, drinking the seed he gave forth and working for another serving of it. Riki cried out, hands finding the sheets and holding on tightly, some unconscious fear rising, as if he were in a deeper tide tending to sweep him away.

Then tears burst forth. Riki could not help it. He cried for Sid. He cried for Bison's missing Luke. Even for Guy and painful memories, he mourned. Even as Iason's masterful tinkering sent him once again into a luscious fumble over the proverbial edge, bursting into pure ecstasy. His hand flew to cover his face, palm out, fingers curling. He panted in between sobs, these punctuated by the rise and fall of his chest as he stayed stuck where he had been left after that second wave.

Iason glided upward, a graceful body, a god looking down upon him with the night sky in his eyes and the gold in his hair. The Master eased away that hand, twining their fingers, to see those tears which his other hand gently eased away.

"Beloved…" the Blondie's voice broke through the silence. He moved to ground his hips against his Pet, making Riki arch, arms flung out to embrace Iason with much need, grabbing with want.

"Hold me," he pleaded. "Hold me Iason!"

It was a simple request enough. The Blondie bent in to grace Riki's neck with kisses, suckles, nips and bites as below he all but plugged himself deep into his Pet, bridging the physical connection and making it full.

The sudden rub made Riki throb all over again, body supremely sensitive to all that was Iason. His nipples were erect points as was his own organ which cried droplets, ready to explode once more in generosity. As he was plundered by his Master's machine, he once more melted, bucking his hips to meet those heated thrusts, grinding himself over the other's pulsating form.

"Iason. Iason...Ias- aahhh!"

The pleasures which knew no end. The pain that was part of it. Riki belonged to this sort of embrace and to none other, Iason performing to his own desires, allowing himself to be ruthless by similar instincts which had guided him a year ago, taking what he wanted because he knew in the same way that he would be able to carry Riki along with it.

This would be the Pet's therapy. With Iason's love and desires he would come home and breathe and once again…move on…


The week after was exactly a week before that event...the party Orphe had designed to rival all others, in honour of Neu-Jupiter's Pet as he will now be reintroduced, chose it's venue to be Jupiter's Tower, its vast Lower Hall. It is also when, as a culmination, Riki would make his coupling public for the first time. An even greater shock was Iason agreed to this.

Whether it was to show their ties as a couple, to show off their love or to exhibit his power and dominance altogether, Neu-Jupiter had given his confirmation that he would do it. So long as the crowd was restricted to all those who mattered...a very select few really...who will be allowed to join them up at Jupiter's inner sanctum for the act.

With that invitations were sent out. A grand gala was to happen in the form of an old world masquerade and guests were expected to dress their best. And now Amoi was gripped with another wave of frenzy that had them ordering the more expensive fabrics, the more decadent of gems, the more luscious of ornamentation en masse and suddenly. Because this was another affair one definitely needed to be in if you ever want to be counted among the important personages of the world.

Riki sighed, tracing a lazy finger down the front of the gold-lined, diamond-peppered invitation of his own Ball as he lounged face-down on one of the scattered couches. Everything had been set to perfection as Orphe seemed to be getting more and more creative with his event schemes. These invitations were not only expensive, they were finely made as he was told, delicately engineered pieces of art. The materials used even shifted colours in response to the variety of light they were exposed to...

The triplets had just finished taking his measurements to make him and Iason their respective costumes for that night. They've even asked him how long he wanted the train to be, to which Riki only replied unconcerned, "Whatever's practical."

The Trinity has been working long hours on those outfits so it will not be a surprise if they turned out gorgeous. After all, wasn't his breath-taking garb during the Auctions the brainchild of Katron? Though Riki was more or less not exactly looking forward to the event as enthusiastically as the rest of Tanagura was. He had always been verbally clear about these things. He hated them with much gusto and that was not about to change even in Exclusivity.

The Pet was still stuck in thoughts when Iason came in, the door zinging open but the sound fallen unheard as Riki continued to ponder, finally pushing the invitation and its envelope with the same finger he'd been playing it with away until it fell off the side with a dull shuffle. Belatedly did he realize he was no longer alone at the feel of Iason's hand running through his hair, the Blondie having fallen down just one knee to give him a kiss on the cheek.

He turned to kiss his Master, offering his lips, welcoming him home.

"Don't sulk as much when this event is a celebration of you, my Pet," said the Blondie after returning the sweet gesture in kind.

"What kind of celebration is it that we need to couple before everyone?" Riki turned himself fully so that he now laid on his back, looking up at Iason, his hands clasped before him formally, relaxing onto the softness of the couch. He sighed. "You and your brethren's voyeuristic tendencies."

Neu-Jupiter just laughed at that, sealing their lips again in another needy kiss. This would be quite an adventure added into his own pethood, and when Iason told him about the sentiment, all Riki could do was scoff and roll his eyes.

"Only you can put it that way without making it sound too horrific, instead glorifying."

The Blondie laughed again…


Elsewhere, the same intricate invitation has reached the hands of the wrong people. Katron's display of deadliness did halt their activities by a bit, but this could only stop those plotting Neu-Jupiter's demise for only so long. Though it had made them quite more cautious that they knew pulling another stunt as that they had sent to the Auction was impossible, much less the wiser if it be done during the Pet's Ball.

Yet evil intentions never cease to run out of ideas it seems. Still a long way to go before true safety.

Neu-Jupiter knew this very well.

Chapter 49

Notes:

Yue: I think someone once asked me what a day in the life of the Exclusive would be like. I'll actually answer that question with these next chapters, as well as begin counting down to the end of Storia Tatlo, Days of Conflict. After that, it's off to Storia Four where more of the Will and trouble comes crashing around.

Hope you enjoy reading them as I had enjoyed writing them out. ^^

Chapter Text

The Pet Salons were always teeming with bored nymphomaniacs left home by owners whom apparently had something else to do other than sit around with their bejewelled possessions. In Eos Tower Two, there was no difference. The salon occupying the lower level of the space was choked often by Gallot's or Luxia's or the latest Pet Breeder, Axania's, supposed fine breeds, decking themselves in gems and stones and other decorations that did little to hide certain insecurities much like the firm disbelief they had which made them refuse to the root of their rotten personalities that there are other Pets more beautiful than they are. It was not a place for someone like him before and, despite being in the pinnacle of it all now, he sometimes still thinks he does not belong here...

It had already been three months since Riki awakened, three months that he had been declared as an Exclusive and was now, more or less, the epitome of every winged, tailed, or other-looking Pets' resentment in the tower. Again. As Eos Tower Two took in the elites like a sponge, it was fast becoming apparent that he wasn't like them and they hated it. Because he had what they all could just hope to comprehend through the looking glass of the Pet structure. He was loved, and he was special. If that alone were not reasons to resent, then no one knew what else.

He was already used to seeing the glistening malignity of every other elite plaything whenever he passed them on his way out, but then Riki could care less, after all, he has survived multiple years in the past of this treatment and he will certainly survive it for all eternity. Thus he just shrugged at their notions, their knife-and-dagger apprehensions, the looks they cast him that both bore fear and bitter acid. Like he could care. He didn't see them much anyway to be concerned. Iason kept him exhaustively happy and occupied to even pay attention or mingle with this toyish class. He found it more convenient if he had no friends among them. He had learned his lesson on that many times over before.

But he did arouse their curiosity, their constant questions behind superficially seductive smiles and some choice words...the only thing that was missing was the fact that none of the other Pets had dared ask him what exactly he and Iason did every night. They knew that already...it was a given. Love bites and other never-fading evidence of the latter's show of ownership always present. They knew. They perhaps dreamt about it when they were alone and they burned for it, which was maybe why Katron mentioned the other Furnitures were being worn out of pace as of late. But then Riki was in the position not to give heed or attention and he did not ask Katron by what manner this happened any further.

He just lived his life as normally as he could. Even while the Pet Salon at Eos Two soon became tentatively spread into groups now, as if keeping to what seemed to be a loyalty to their breeders: Luxia's Amore series heading the argument to one side, Academy to another and the other small pedigrees marking their own corners as if territorial battles were now issuing, the rights to brag as to who's the best on the line, though there was not much action except some savoury taunts the pets perhaps learned from their handlers.

The Seraphims are top beauties however, when they stray here from the upper floors, in flocks or pairs or even alone, and were often a set above even their own Academy crowd. They stared at all the others from a lofty height, tossing their braided hair and coloured ornaments as if they've been insulted. But then they kept their mouths shut. None of them could still hold enough sway whenever Riki was around, and they likewise were as consumed as everyone else, remembering the dramatic entrance he'd made at the auction that utterly stunned the whole of Mistral almost to incredulity...

It was one of those days. Riki preferred to be always wingless when he went out, and decked himself in simple black, which was Iason's colour for him. Already the crowds of pedigrees had gathered so early, some scheduled soirees and bacchanalia still far off for them to attend and thus having nothing to do. Gallot is on the lead showing off with their latest in the tailed series of pets as Luxia set their best bet forward. The Exclusive just sighed passing them and moving on. He could hear the murmurings in the background however, which he just promptly ignored. He had gotten rather good at it.

A Pet with a large purple Pet Ring around his neck inched to his company and asked, "Who's the wild one?"

"That's the Exclusive," the other pet replied to the newcomer.

"Really? The life partner of Neu-Jupiter?"

"He's the one who's getting a grand gala thrown next week!"

Common discussions. The fact that there was to be a celebration under his name washed the entire pet system with much elation. Though he was most certainly not enthusiastic himself...

Despite being a minimalist dresser, Riki was an easy stand out even in a crowd that boasts of their pure roots, their stoic breeding and their exaggerated chemical characteristics. He was the Charisma of the Slums and he carried that name even to pethood, refined only by training and Iason's calculative and persistent tutoring.

His eyes had an utterly unquenchable flame, a determination that wouldn't waver as the touch of practicality and sensibility in him that couldn't be toppled over even when faced with an onslaught of brutality. He had a natural beauty, of course, which was never forced or manipulated as opposed to everyone else here, and was therefore a natural at being a stunner, his aura exuding some form of humanity that often invoked this sense of care from those who knew him closely.

Iason wanted to have him completely, wanted him all to himself, and ended falling in love head over. And the Furniture...Daryl, Katze...the triplets who took their delight in trailing after his heels, loved the way he makes them feel, like individuals with their own identities. Also because he seriously does not need so much looking over. He did things with himself that was neither idiotic nor cumbersome. How many pets were there who could meddle with the System? None other.

Katron in particular loved that he could talk to him, that in their non-complicated way, they could spar with thoughts and opinions as they roamed like adventurers the streets of Tanagura and the areas wherever Riki pleased himself to be these days.

Riki he considered a friend. He could be the living conscience. Now the Blondies were slowly beginning to realize what it was in this once-mongrel that made even their old Jupiter bow and kneel. That's a different story though, rumors and gossip still to be confirmed, yet it makes things certain that pets in the lower levels of the Tower could only imagine what it's like.

Eyes and murmurs trailed his every step. Riki was already halfway through the red carpet of the salon's main section when gentle voices broke through, calling his name. Everyone watched as the triplets came rushing down the elevator and made way through to stand in front of the wondering Exclusive.

They were equally beautiful as the palatial home they tended to on the very crown of Tower Two; Furniture that could not be found anywhere else, not even in the highest portions of the Eos's. They seemed an utter fit to the house of Neu-Jupiter and were caretakers worthy of his Pet. Of course none of these illiterate dolls knew the truth. These three were bombs waiting to happen, just give them the right incentive, the trigger so to speak and death would be knocking at your door sooner than the next second...

"Master Riki..." Katron was the name of the one whose eyes glimmered with stunning intelligence. All the other furnitures knew him. All the elites and their pets likewise. They knew his very pleasant, doll-like face, suffused only with the slightest of emotions but still utterly lovely. "We need to change your shirt."

Riki looked himself over and continued to wonder, "Why? It seems comfortable enough."

It was the longer-haired Katrice who responded this time, "The weather forecast said it would be warm outside today, and so..." Kantre brought out the alternative: a sleeveless shirt of black cotton. "We just thought you might want to wear something light?"

Riki smiled at the thoughtfulness. Kantre also had a pair of fingerless gloves and some armlets. Apparently, some degree of style was still in order?

"You honestly shouldn't have," said the Pet. But then they insisted. The Trinity loved attending even to such miniscule details. They loved attending to Riki.

The Pet of Neu-Jupiter held no shame in stripping his upper clothing to put on what the Furniture had brought, defeated finally by their persistence. After which he heard some gasps and a few held breaths extending to some unmistakable sighs. The triplets knew their master was absolutely well-contoured, the curves on his body exquisite, and that alone was enough to make the hearts of the other pets race, but on top of that were the marks, the bites and hickeys left by the ravishings of the other master of their house. They were as battle scars. Still more prominent was the mark found at the base of his spine.

Some pets whispered excitedly, "That's Jupiter's Mark!"

Riki turned a fierce eye towards the source. It also made the three Furniture cast their glance that way, with their own scolding eyes that instantly changed to become as those of cats, but red and bleeding and dangerous. This pushed the gossiping tide into complete silence, faced with an almost different persona from the three.

But then there was no harm done. All the others could do was wish this was their body that had these bestowed features and that's about as far as it got to. Satisfied that they had shut the crowd up, the Trinity looked back at Riki again and their eyes were once more normal...

Like clockwork, the triplets helped Riki finish, clipping his simple accessories on, the gloves. They debated briefly if they should tuck the shirt in but agreed that the clothing was tight enough to be left hanging. His legs formed well under his skinny leather jeans anyway.

Such precision was enchanting. The elites that showed up but a while ago and saw this thought they could likewise do well with such efficiency, albeit there were the whispering that these were very difficult Furniture to handle. Only Iason could manage to have them, otherwise, as some believed, the house they would be in would be dead.

"Well then, shall we go Katron?"

The other two took a short survey of the Pet and smiled approvingly, Kantre bowing first while Katrice folded what Riki had taken off and bowing the same way next.

"Have a good day out Master Riki," they both bid their farewell, and were gone up to the Palace immediately after as the other two walked off, Katron giving them his own smiling goodbye.

They were a refined, intellectual bunch. They treated the house they were stewards of with much care and concentration, and those left home did not at all envy the other that had the job of walking the Pet around outside. They were brothers. They were likewise beloved.

Some onlookers spoke in hushed tones. More pet nonsense.

"But I don't see him wearing a Pet Ring."

"It's not something you'd see him wear in the obvious parts. His master has since had him wearing it between his legs."

"The D-Type?" a third, twelve-year-old-looking pet piped. "My master wanted to get me one of those, but was disappointed to know that only Blondies can request for it now."

"I've met the other Blondies' Pets. Their masters don't even use D-Types," volunteered a fourth in the crowd. "Guess it was just an Exclusive thing?"

They all looked at Riki, who even having the privilege to carry his own phone, was now typing up something on its screen. The onlookers gritted their teeth, bared fangs they didn't and couldn't have, "Lucky bastard."

"What's the holdup?" Riki turned to Katron when he'd paused. In lieu that the Main Gateway was undergoing maintenance today, they had to take the Salon Gateway to exit instead. He didn't bother with the aeroport.

The Furniture was fingering his Portable Virtual Terminal, accessing the security needed so that they could pass through. "We'll need to log you first," he said.

"So much protocol..." Riki frowned and crossed his arms over his strong, muscled chest.

"Well it is the standard procedure," Katron only smiled at his impatience. "Before you go out, we need to make it known to Master Iason first where we're headed. He needs to be fully notified before we leave."

"Fine."

"Speaking of which, where are we going today anyway?" Katron's brows were in an adorable furrow, eyes on his Master but fingers busy keying in the various complicated syntaxes.

Riki shrugged, "Midas I guess."

"Straight to Midas from here?" Katron confirmed. He was including that in the logs.

"Yeah sure."

"Are you going to be shopping?"

"I suppose," Riki just shrugged again. "I'd rather just look around. If something catches my fancy, then let's see."

Katron just smiled. The pets whisper to each other again, passing around tidbits of what they suppose the Exclusive's closed lifestyle was. He didn't use Auroras they say. When he meandered around, he had his own funding in the official elite currency, using the official dark card particular only to some. He could request anything he wanted and his Master gave it without delay.

Those were of course all true. Iason Mink did spoil Riki too much although Riki was not the type of Pet who asked for it. He was the sort who can just live the day without any materiality, having grown from the Slums, the idea that they couldn't have much a simple truth.

But still, that doesn't stop the Master from bringing home from this or that engagement a small trinket or two, brandishing the fact that he was an excessive lover. Last week he walked in with a box of teardrop black diamonds which had become his Pet's stone symbol after his coming out. Then there are the sprees, dinners, little luxury flights they shared here and out, making the other pets' mouths water.

"So he can go to Midas when he wants?"

Most of these manufactured toys could rarely see the reality of the outside world. Their lives were constrained to Eos Tower One or Two, the soirees and parties, and the salon in between all that which painted their existence with such grand dullness. Then its off to the brothels and harems or to spawn the next breed of pets. That was the norm. The Exclusive was guaranteed none of that.

"Well, he does bring that personal Furniture of his, and the guards assigned to him. But other than that, he can go anywhere he wants," an Academy pet had said. "My master saw him at a gathering last week held for Blondies only, and said he could find no other Pet there save him. He sat right beside Iason-sama, wings and all."

Riki was the only Pet ever known to have worked anywhere. Nowadays, it was also common sight to see him accompanying his Master to work.

"Can he really access the topmost level of Jupiter's Tower?"

"That's true!" chirped a female Seraphim nearby. "I know because my pairing partner is the Pet seraphim of a Blondie. He's overheard that from him."

"I hear Iason-sama has arranged a trip to Cerberus for him. Looks like he'll be going there unsupervised too."

They all chattered in a frenzy, the thought of a Pet from Tanagura allowed to go on Space Trips was an exciting deal. Riki lived a rather exciting life. He did actually...they haven't even seen anything.

Katron gave the thumb up, "We're clear."

"Nice," Riki smiled and the other onlookers saw how dazzling it was. "All right."

"Eyes on the Retinal Scanner please Master," Katron chuckled, walking over to one side, keying some numbers on the pad near the Gates.

"Oh sorry," said the Pet, aligning himself with the machine and looking straight into the red light there. The machine hummed:

Z-107M-E.

Confirmed.

Access Granted.

The doors fluttered open like a butterfly's wings would, opening Eos Tower Two to the outside. Riki stretched, eyes welcoming the light of the outdoors.

"Yes! Come on Katron!" And with the breaths and longing of the other pets present, stepped out, unhindered, the security droids and guards no longer an opposing force to stop him from leaving the doors. Those days squabbling with them were over.

Katron shook his head. "Wherever does he get the energy to be hyperactive?" he continues to fondle with his PVT. "You do realize we still need to get the security and the Aircars to meet us up front?"

Riki could care less, rolling his eyes, simply coming on back to laughingly push the reluctant Furniture by his shoulders with both his hands: "Enough said Kat. Come on slowpoke!"

Elsewhere, Iason's boredom was cut by a brief yet welcomed message:

Z-107M-E. Destination: Midas.

And he just smiled, bringing himself to focus on the meeting once more.

Chapter 50

Notes:

DEAR FOLLOWERS,

Okay, breathe. This by all means is NOT a farewell letter or an explanation as to how I may be abandoning this fic. On the contrary. This is a most sincere apology since I had failed to get back on track of writing my stories like I wanted. It's been a long year. I have faced so many things. But now I am officially back. Yes.

I.

AM.

OFFICIALLY.

BACK.

Although now older and with a tougher work schedule, I should still be able to get on and move along this fic you love. We're still too far off and honestly I see me doing this for a long time. So please do continue your support. Spread the love. Follow me on Facebook to read the other things I have been working on (look for Yuri, the Eighth Demoness), drop me a message maybe and stay tuned here in Fanfiction dot net. Because I am back.

I missed you all.

~Yuri

**P.S. This will be replaced in a few days by the next chapters of the Cinco Storia. As a treat. ^ ^

Chapter Text

Updated as a treat.**


Iason had been at a meeting with the Council earlier when he received the message, his Pet off to Midas for the day as stated in the logs. He immediately returned a response to Katron, sending a few instructions and some other details known only to him and the trusted Furniture, the Blondie debating with himself as to whether he'd meet up with them later or not as there was something he needed to do in the Undergrounds, Katze likewise waiting on him and his decision.

Raoul had been in the penthouse office with Neu-Jupiter and for the longest time was seemingly fuzzing with a handheld, before he promptly turned, "I need you to look at something," sending a confidential file from his own archives to a data slate before the top Blondie. After which they spent the next few minutes analyzing its contents.

Raoul wanted Iason to see his latest discoveries regarding the Jupiter Lovers, the specific spikes that were found happening in the System the ones the Biochemist wanted him to focus upon. He then went on to explain, "This is the image of the System during the time of your coupling."

The Biochemist then made projections from the slate spread before the top Blondie, showing him charts, lists and a handful of other documentations for comparative purposes. Iason looked through each, pulling one projected screen and then another, merging two more together to see the difference. When it was all set, Raoul continued.

"It's rather interesting…" he said. "I think you'd also come to appreciate what these meant."


Elsewhere, Riki had been spotted by some of the citizens strolling around with Katron, not under the burden of a hood as it wasn't in Tanagura, the shops around Midas closing their doors to other patrons - no matter who they were - to allow him to walk freely about, followed by his team of guards.

Although as he did so, media attention seemed inevitable, the press stayed tuned in outside the malls, dogging his every move. He'd make it to the early news again for sure…


Iason moved the data around. "Well then tell me," he urged the other Blondie even as his eyes began their analysis, immediately seeing the patterns Raoul seemed to be entirely obsessed with as of late.

The Biochemist nodded, "What we found out was quite significant...considering that we haven't had any intervention from Jupiter for almost a year and was near to collapsing as a society those last months."

The top Blondie was paying notice to a comparative chart; pulling it up and studying it with similar attention.

Raoul followed his gaze then pointed at something on the virtual screen he had pulled up, "This one is evident. It is a pattern, more specifically, it is a pattern that dictates the actual schedule when you - and Riki - should actually be concentrating on mating."


Riki had gotten tired of looking at some of the merchandise, the shopkeepers more like misers for good credit, offering him the best of their goods, also hoping to get on the proper side of Iason himself no doubt, Katron had warned the Pet in a whisper.

But it was a tiring affair finally, the Exclusive not really seeing anything which interested him among these things, the natural instinct to not look for more than what he actually needed influencing his judgement on the matter, although this was already a far cry from the state by which things swayed in the past when he was still the mongrel trash.

Yes, he could afford all this now, however, deep within, he still oddly feels he should not go being too wasteful. Weird that before when he was a mongrel he could not even begin to imagine what the life of being up top was, until he was pulled out of the murky waters of the Slums and thrown onto the level. And now despite being followed by guards and Katron and luxury wherever he went, he still maintained an unconscious sympathy for the lowest.

His roots would always stay grounded in the Slums as it had been. Jupiter could have redesigned him all he wanted, but he would remain a mongrel through and through it seems.

"Master?" the Furniture turned with a questioning stare when Riki said he wanted to leave, a bigger crowd having gathered just outside the doors of the centre they had visited in Flare (Area 2), made up of Midas' impromptu aristocracy, its visiting guests and tourists, all of which were wanting to see the Exclusive and exchange words. "But where to?"

Riki knew where.


On the other end of their world, Iason fell to eyeing Raoul with suspicion at what he had just said. Focusing on mating as scheduled by the System itself. This should be something. For Elite Sex to have become so important. Clearly a rather far tangent of change that the old god had applied to his own terrarium of creations.

Raoul clarified, "Don't take this wrong. As far as your personal affairs go, we do not monitor what you do unless it merits some concerns in security."

Iason leaned back against his seat, casting one of the screens aside, "I get that. Protocol."

Raoul agreed, "Yes.

"But we do monitor the System as it is a given…" the other Blondie added, motioning at the datum presented with the solemn nuances of the scientific interpreter that he is.

It's no longer a secret among them that Iason engages in ruthless love-making with Riki every night, to which the top elite simply sighed, feeling neutral whilst his sexual affairs were being dissected on the spot all of the sudden. He balanced a cheek on his palm as Raoul continued with his report, "Under normal conditions, when you and Riki have sex, nothing much happens to the System in general. There is stabilization, a normal maintenance run of some form that flattens stubborn surface codes as far as they are concerned. Now although I do not have an idea as to what you both experience during these connections, when you mate at a right appointed moment, every time, this happens…"

The Biochemist pulled up a particular screen from the floating virtual pile, showing Iason a chart of when the System was most productive, reaching as far as it can on the planet and even going beyond to reach dormant data pools which had been thought to have gone extinct long ago. He had not even paid attention to such immensity, but realized these were the places his Pet might have carelessly wandered into during their trance state while lovemaking.

No wonder his brother was interested.

Neu-Jupiter looked closely at the set variables, and smiled at what Raoul was implying. He had honestly not noticed this before, or rather did not pay as much attention to it as he should have. He didn't have to be told twice about such however, though his friend wanted to elaborate further on it so he let it be...

"You may hold sway to the Core and access it any time at will, but there are certain moments that you both can establish an even greater connection with all of Jupiter's domain and truly correct the damage.

"I think this is also part of the old god's design for you two," said the Biochemist, meeting Iason's stare of contemplative understanding.


 

The Council had just stepped out of the elevator, a procession of nobles and royals the same, their long Blondie locks free and falling down their shoulders. Iason immediately spotted Katron some distance ahead, pleading at the foot of the large Neu-Jupiter statue with its hand held out, at someone who had somehow managed to end up on its open palm.

"Master Riki, please come down from there! Master!"

The Blondies all cocked their heads to the side or raised a brow. If Katron was here, undoubtedly enough so was the Pet. But where was Riki? Iason called out to his Furniture, " Katron, where is your charge?"

The Trinity Alpha was late to realize he was in the presence of almost all of the Blondie Class, including his own Master, Iason Mink, who now pinned a question right on him. He sought to apologize in an instant, hands grasping the black robes which certainly belonged to the top Blondie's Exclusive.

"I'm sorry Master...but he is up there," he pointed at the statue's hand. "I'm afraid that he might have fallen asleep."

Just like Riki to be a stubborn case. Just like him to pull a stunt like this. Iason smiled to himself then heard the other Blondies laugh when Katron said he feared the Pet might fall from where he was now.

Gideon gave his brother a pat on the shoulder, "Good luck with him."

Orphe sighed. "We'll go on ahead Iason."

The Blondies filed off onward, some discussing the fact that Riki could be such trouble at times but that Iason seemed to appreciate this spunk in him no matter and was glad to be distracted with his mishaps from time to time. Who wasn't? Having the mongrel among the pets had somehow broken the unusual monotony of the system more than twice before. Now it seemed just amusing; Iason's adventures at handling Riki was something they seemed to enjoy hearing about.

Neu-Jupiter just shook his head, washing forward in his blue velvet robes, "I'll have him down…" noting the look of worry on Katron's face and seeking to alleviate that somehow.

He summoned upwards, Riki… which was actually just willing the System to awake the Pet. The lights did flicker by a bit, Raoul noticing this with a frown before he pushed on ahead, casting a brief look back at his brother.

Riki, as expected, woke up, clearing his eyes and twisting to see who it was he unmistakably heard in his mind to be calling his name, seeing Iason when he turned his sights downwards.

He had just realized he'd drifted off. Much later he realized where it was he ended sleeping upon. He mentally scolded himself. Iason was gentler.

"Come my Pet," a lightly voiced call though inaudible was audible enough for the Pet. "You've been upsetting the Furniture."

The Blondie gestured at Katron who was fidgeting nearby, still holding the folded robe which Riki used around the offices of Tanagura. The leash was absent. As is calm as the Furniture was worried sick.

Riki stretched, wings and all moving to thrust sleep off his body. When it was done, he made a free-fall down, a magnificent angel of black wings when he spread them and descended, finally making Katron breathe. Iason simply sighed yet again, a rested on his hip as he watched the little display.

The Pet rubbed his eyes, "Sorry. Literally fell asleep in your hand."

Who would have known the statue could be such a mesmerizing place for that? Riki flew up there out of curiosity of that orb and was watching the elites swarm by, but simply lost track of his meditations and dozed off instead. He was apologetic, scratching his head. Iason laughed lightly and bent in to kiss him instead as Katron moved to cover him with the hood.

Iason then dismissed his Furniture, instructing him to go on ahead home. He would take it from here. Riki gave the Trinity a quick gesture of goodbye. With a simple bow of acknowledgement, the Furniture was on his way...

 

The brief moment's privacy afforded them, Iason gently eased an arm around his pet's waist, kissing his hair before whispering into his ear, "Come with me…" leading him like a Lord to somewhere.

"Another adventure?" Riki quipped, but the Blondie merely smiled at it.

Their trip had been to a small area in the confines of the vicinity, Riki led by his Blondie's strong arm to one of the elite Babylonian-styled gardens found in the Tower where other pets and masters were in the same way perusing by themselves. Whenever they see the two, they give their respects, directing towards a different way so as to not disturb the Lovers' peace.

Riki was gazing about the garden, in a sense inspecting the blooms and other vegetation crawling in profusion all around. He even spotted a section of Clarissa Mellow Lavinia, the famed flower with seven colours to its name. Kind of brings in a few memories as well. "It's beautiful."

Iason could not help but return an adoring gaze at his Pet. The very few instances when he actually displayed a tender side to his most treasured beloved. "This was designed after the penthouse garden. You approve?" he asked in a softer voice, hand raised to lift a bloom he'd passed by. His other hand had been gently clasped together with the Exclusive, their fingers twined as one as they walked the secluded paths, finding hidden alcoves here and there, a lovely gazebo or two.

Riki chuckled. "Of course. I'll never argue with your taste," he said. "But I would want to know what was it you wanted to tell me?"

Iason stopped. They had reached a sort of plateau overlooking a pool below, a feature of waterfalls kissing the surface to break in streams.

"There is something that I need to explain to you. Something that I am guessing will somehow be not to your liking."

Riki noted with a seriousness the look on the Blondie's face, then slowly his lips curved to a smile as he sighed, words breaking the silence after that exhale. "Is this about the coupling?"

"How'd you guess?"

"I'm not as 'unaware' as you think. The Will of Jupiter was rather explicit on telling me how I was to function in all his grand design."

The Blondie was admittedly caught by that, but his face denied any infliction. "You do not disapprove of what the System requires from us?"

The Exclusive shook his head, moving to disentangle his fingers from the Blondie's, only to wrap his arms around the superior of all elites and lean against his chest. Such a strong support. The warmth felt nice.

"As long as I'm only allowed to do it with you," his voice lowered to a hum. "You know how afraid I am…"

Chapter 51

Notes:

All right. I did say I was back to writing this so I am. I decided the approach should be slow and gradual since I still have some other things I am presently engaged in, like, if any of you are engaged in roleplay, I happen to be the plotter of the Trinity Realms group nowadays. I also write their official story.

Anyway, as I've said before, I also stay in Facebook, so if anyone has time, drop me a line in Yuri the Eighth Demoness page there. I like chatting up with people so don't worry. I won't be a snob. ^^

Ah, dalliances. It's just there is so much I want to say but just... Let me post this up. I miss everything in FF dot net. I miss my fans and reviewers. I missed my Cinco Storia very much! So let us all enjoy another update shall we?

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

At this point in time, Neu-Jupiter could only recall his brother, Raoul, stating something that he said Iason should pay mind to always, must be aware of always: "We can monitor System fluctuations, and determine when's the most optimum time for you to do it and when Riki is the most susceptible to receive you. We can alter Jupiter Tower to become an interface portal where you can couple to the benefit of Tanagura."

The benefit of Tanagura.

For this purpose, what had once been the sacred sanctuary of the old god, where he used to speak with Jupiter, will soon become a Nest for them both. Riki on the very highest pedestal of the System, right by his side, his benefactor agreeing, 'Stubborn and perfect…' Iason caressed his sleeping Riki's cheek. '...set your own rules and protect him as far as you can muster the strength...but...remember that you are also responsible for Tanagura...

'...take care of the world which I leave to you.'

Earlier that day they had been in a conversation and in light of the things that could occur between them both, Riki confessed one thing which made the Blondie protective, an utter truth that was perhaps inspired of the past they have both come to go through.

'You know how afraid I am…'

Indeed the New Lord did know. He could sense it. He, in essence was aware of the facts that bothered his Pet. His sorrows were Iason's own. His pains were also Neu-Jupiter's.

Iason promised him, in the safety of their transport, rocked ever lightly by tremors in the wind as they traveled on home, "Never be...never again be afraid.

"I love you…" he pressed this vow with a kiss upon the Pet's forehead, soft lips an anchor to his affections, offered forth with even more conviction than he'd ever give in his entire existence.

"I know."

To his surprise, Riki had awakened, instinctively settling into Iason's arms with a contentment, only to whisper back. "I love you too…"

The Blondie took a few seconds to register that. Before a smile crept into his expression, making his lips curve at the words said. He kissed his Pet's hair, inhaling a scent he was by now quite familiar with, loving the way that body melted perfectly in his arms as they escaped into this world within their current world. "Would you like to go out with me?"

It was Riki's turn to be somehow surprised by that question, staring up into his Blondie's eyes. The other was not one for asking but since all this he seemed to have developed a custom.

"Really? Where?" he asked, blinking sleep out of his eyes to see the expression on Iason's face better.

Iason however merely responds with a smile, intending to keep this secret for now.


Going home was always like a run through the catwalk. The elites and their pets would have gathered by now, crowding the common ballroom and salon as they chatted on matters of the day, in truth, just waiting for whomever passed those Gates and then back-talking them as a sport.

Pets hardly ever meddled in these whisperings; they were obedient to the point of silence when their masters discussed, yet only repeated such absurd discussions themselves with their fellow pets the next morning.

The Gates zinged.

Eyes turned to see who it was that entered, finding pulses to seemingly thump faster when they realized that Iason Mink and his Pet were now walking in. Their coming home was always a spectacle, although often times it was either just one or the other that would arrive. If they did come together, the Aircar was driven up to the private port of the Palace directly.

It was so rare for both to entrance through the Main Gates themselves. Perhaps whim was the fare of the day that's why they were both here? Or a technical error up top that had forced this, but here were the two, Master and Pet, making their way through the carpeted hall under the magnificent interior that was Eos Palace Tower II.

Immediately, the pets present noticed how Iason's fingers were laced together with those of his Exclusive's, Riki alone known to have the right for this kind of intimacy. They were stuck in some kind of conversation, excluding everyone from the sphere of their perfect little world as the ideas flashed in a hurry, tossed over from one to the other, the words pushed out with enthusiasm and another form of excitement that was more subtle than the other.

"Really now?"

"Yes. That's how it happened," Riki retorted, to which Iason immediately explained. "Well, with his kind of personality, we never know what he's thinking."

Ears seemed to have pricked up, the smell of apparent attraction evident as the two walked on towards the elevators that would transport them up. Riki was a Pet of individualistic and independent qualities, one with a brain that speaks what it thinks not just because it's allowed. Here the lines get drawn. The intelligence colouring his eyes is one quality that pulls him up and over the normal standard for Pets.

The other pets, no matter how purely bred they were, lacked this sort of aspect. They were dumb, and dull, and possessed no other skill set save for those reserved for sex. Riki was different. He was the Pet with an unyielding mind. He was the rouge and rarity in the lot and for that Iason openly boasted of his affections for him.

"I don't believe so. No," the Exclusive was heard somehow arguing with the Blondie.

"You should," Iason challenged with a flourish.

They note how the Master held his hand so casually. In formal instances they've seen him lead his Pet like a Lord leading his Lady to the floor: the Pet's hand always palm down on top of Iason's. This type of hold at the moment however was as a lover would hold it, fingers wreathed, every now and then making a small caress over the other's digits, suggesting with no words.

Then Iason stopped. He looked at Riki who met his shaded gaze with a bewilderment. Then the Master raised his other hand, easing back the few strands that fell on his Pet's face, instantly arousing the envy of the others scattered about. Such open and wanton display. Riki blushed despite himself, a small tint staining his face which pleased Iason in return as he noted.

"Have Katron trim that. They'll get into your eyes."

Riki only nodded. "I was going to get a haircut," he confessed with a slight chuckle, a motion of intimacy, his gaze cast over to meet the Blondie's in understanding.

They moved on, leisurely it seemed as their strides grew a bit slower, gentler, more ideas exchanged in impromptu banter. Until such a time they were stopped.

Almost near the elevators they were accosted by someone, a master elite and his pet, who bowed and addressed them rather boisterously, as if to make known to everyone present that they had approached the Jupiter Couple.

The other Master started with greeting, "Lord Iason, good evening."

The Blondie took a moment before he made a small nod in return, "Anything I may help you with?"

Riki just fell to observing the exchange, quietly looking from one to the other, expecting nothing though after a few choice sentences, the other Pet's Master lifted a gold-colored invitation and had his own pet hand it to the Exclusive.

The Mongrel's expression shifted to general wonder as he met the very much synthetically prettified eyes of the other pet, as she cast him one of her best smiles showing a graceful purse of lips matching the oval of her face, her long silken hair, a great set of teeth.

Her Master spoke, again, rather loudly, "I'd like to personally invite you to my Pet's Coming Out party next week. I was hoping that you and your magnificent Exclusive can grace us with your presence?"

Iason fell to silent calculation, eyeing the beauty beside the elite as he also took attention to Riki who was by now fingering the invitation, flipping it in his hand lazily to take notice of the tiny designs embossed on its surface. "She is an Axania yes?" smiled the Blondie. "I've heard praises for the Breeder."

The other Master was instantly proud, "None as gallant and amazing as the Academy, but already creating a league all its own...that's why I chose their Pet Breed." His sharp eyes likewise falling upon the Exclusive, as if in assessment of his features. Riki neither flinched nor gave at that, to which Iason seemed fine with such confidence.

"She is lovely," the top Blondie gently raised an arm to pull his Pet close to him by the waist, his hand loose yet possessive as they barred around his Exclusive. "What do you think Riki?"

For a while there were no words. The Mongrel gazed at the invitation yet again only to ponder and next cast a questioning look up at his lover, "Isn't Orphe the one who handles these sorts of things?"

The pets and elites that heard that made note on the lack of honorifics. He was indeed the only Pet to ever call Blondies, including his own Master, by their first names, and even address them in such a manner. The most unusual thing is, they rather indulged him in it.

Iason cast Riki one of his most intimate smiles, a smile that was for him alone, kissing Riki on the forehead as he finished his piece. "Smart…" before he turned to the other master, adding, "...and rather right.

"Orpheus Zavi of the Council is the one in charge of all of Neu-Jupiter's external affairs and is also the governing head that sorts through matters of invitations for events among others." With that, the Blondie took the invitation from his Exclusive's hand and gave it back, his arm still wrapped about in its usual manner. "If you can file this with him, I might go through it by the week. If my schedule permits, we might accept."

The way it was put booked no further arguments.

Neu-Jupiter immediately guided his Pet off, leaving the pair there in a matter of shock, registering late the refusal by which Iason had so subtly yet harshly thrust to their face. Some of the other watching elites sneaked in a chuckle, the rest of the crowd thinking this to be a thorough slap on the lower master's ego. Truthfully so. The decline came from Iason himself.

Riki noted that as they walked on, poking his lover on the chest once they are alone in the confines of the rising elevator. "Harsh much?" he leaned against the clear glass, looking outside at the view of lights that was the main of their domain.

He wrapped his arms around himself. Iason drew him into his embrace.

"He wants the same thing. In the end, he will try and ask for you to mount his bitch."

"What? Where'd you get that notion?" came Riki's question, brow rising as he allowed himself to be pulled and trapped by those powerful arms.

Iason confided, "Didn't you smell the pheromones emanating from her? Axania's breeds are prized for their ability to entice and seduce using biochemical properties.

"They make pets that are imbued with this characteristic."

No wonder then that the pet named Amisa smelt...different during that time he was at her Cotillion. Riki had this inkling back then but he was scarce to pay any close mind, really, not to mention Gideon seemed to steer his attention into conversations and the like all the while.

Now somehow that statement was infused with a certain degree of alarm on Iason's behalf, although Riki could only fall to wondering what they'll come up with next in terms of these engineered Pets. Two heads? Six arms? More tails? More...private parts to cater to more partners in copulation?

The aesthetic horrors are all very likely when they can simply write it off as a means to artistic claims.

"Smelled like ordinary perfume to me…" he shrugged and leaned a sleepy head against that chest, really not seeing what cause there was for bother.

Iason only smiled. "Good that you are both oblivious and immune then," he said, just when the Pet had visibly yawned. "I'm sleepy. It's been a long day." Riki said.

Iason made a teasing rebuttal, "Then off to bed already?"

The Pet's lips pouted at that a bit as he gave him a playful glare, "I don't think you'd let me bed early." A finger drew lazy circles around his Blondie's shoulder, making it trail to his lover's chest.

He was most certainly right, the grin on Iason's face an evidence to confirm suspicions. Not that he minds nowadays. Not now most certainly. The night was still young...

Notes:

Next chapter: Airbike Gala anyone? ^^ Maybe Raoul wants to join?

Chapter 52

Notes:

I'm actually thinking about something. What if I go ahead and keep all my fanfics in FF dot net then all my originals in Wattpad or FictionPress? I have been feeling, besides the urge to go ahead and write one or two chapters for Cinco every week, the equal tenacious desire to redo my Brushstrokes, Blind Eyes original, give it new fire, a fresh POV. I am really wanting to focus on my stories. Now that I have struck a balance between it and my workload... What do you think?

Anyway, here's a treat to my loyalists out there. Don't forget to leave me a line. I'm Yuri the Eighth Demoness on Facebook. And of course your Yue here in the FF. Enjoy! ^ ^

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

Another busy day at the Capital. The System was abuzz, alongside the rest of the Tanaguran Caste what with much activity as the elites and the rest of the world were preparing for the coming reintroduction of the Pet of Neu-Jupiter.

Trade was again flourishing. The price for goods had once more spiked up to such heights that the demands were upsetting the network and other modes of exchange though it was nothing the Underground and the Council could not handle. Katze in fact had been doing rather efficiently, better than he'd ever done before, while up top the other members of the aristocracy were fairing well with their own preparations.

Iason was simply busy, although he had shunned any further involvement with the affairs of Riki's celebration, deciding it best to leave Orphe to his own designs, with full confidence on his brother's capabilities to make this a most affluent gathering. For now he was more preoccupied with reprogramming a few channels in the System that they were having troubles with, gloved fingers busy keying in the multiple lines of code to patch up missing System pieces, these having been damaged or deleted during the fall of the first god.

Neu-Jupiter was in this state of preoccupation when Raoul stepped into the room, the metallic doors hissing open to smoothly close behind as he walked over to where Iason was surrounded by other elites assisting him with work, data slates tucked in by an arm as the god was tossing finished processes about.

He was greeted with a bow, the other Blondie somehow having the patience to wait before he threw his hair back and said, "Leave us.

"Have you told Riki?" he asked as the others took to his order with a bow and much hurry, Iason in his usual calm sighing "Yes" and continuing to move things with his fingertips. Raoul took to confirming that, "Did he reject the idea?"

The top Blondie at this point stopped, closing the virtual screens pulled up before him with one swipe of a graceful hand, including a few files he'd been checking incognito, reclining against the comfort of his chair as he returned the look cast his way by his brother. "He knew. He has actually figured it out on his own."

Raoul stood there for a time baffled, appearing to think out loud, "Then does that mean...?"

"Yes," with the side of a finger he traced his brow as if to ease some manner of consternation there, closing strained eyes momentarily before adding. "He will mate on the date whenever it is scheduled. I'll leave that to you."

The attestation immediately caused relief to wash over the other Blondie's face, but as he was about to ask something, a beam of light cut through the dim light of the room, opening a communication screen on which Riki's figure with a busy Katron in the background was seen. The Pet had called, in the middle of dressing up, a frown on his face as he clasped a hand on the curve of his hip. "Why are you taking so long?"

At that instance Raoul could notice Iason break into a smile, chuckling a bit even as he rested his chin on his curled fingers.

"A few minutes Pet…" he said, actually looking over the clothes the Exclusive had on as he was being projected on the screen, noticing the shade wrapped over that rippling skin. He narrowed his eyes.

"Why are you wearing that color?" Raoul heard Iason ask.

Riki met that question with an immediate scowl, "What's wrong with it? It's a nice colour." The Pet made a bit of a turn, revealing the intricate clasps that the red attire had on its back. The sort that had to be connected by looping various ties and binds in just to make it work.

"I don't like it," Iason was rather hurried at honesty. "Use the other one."

"What!? Do you know how long it took to put this on? I can't believe you!"

Iason simply ignored that, but as a jest, with a small smile, calling Katron to attention, the Furniture faster to respond. "Yes Master?"

"Help Riki change," the other Blondie heard his brother order as with a hand Iason pulled a virtual record to view while dealing with his Pet.

Katron instantly nodded. "Yes Master."

This left Riki with more protests. "You're just horrible. Do you know that? So utterly-"

"I love you. Stop fussing," was Neu-Jupiter's immediate retort, and apparently he'd won the argument when all Riki did was grumble something before sighing with resignation, crossing his arms and resting his weight on one foot, the image of an impatient Prince of the cybernetic age in his form-fitting costume.

He pointed a finger at his lover then. "You better not be late." And with that terminated the call with a buzz, causing Tanagura's top Blondie to laugh, finding that to be endearing.

Raoul did not appear to get it, the understanding of simple affections eluding him that he pondered after, "You can't make him yield with four years worth of training, but yet he concedes with three simple words.

"Is that its power?"

Neu-Jupiter smiled. "I find it works better than any sexual torture. Feelings can alter any mood once they are spoken with honesty," he advised.

Raoul walked over to rest a hip against his brother's desk, arms finding a loop upon his chest. "Where are you off to? Your Pet seems definitely ecstatic."

"Ah...that?" Iason had a knowing aura on him. "An Airbike Race. Riki is a patron of it."

"The one in South Mistral? I see…"

Raoul was not fond of entertaining the idea. Airbike races and similar affairs were something below their activity line. Then again at this point, there was no use lecturing about it. Iason does what he wanted to do and if he wanted to take the Pet out to a visit into these certain haunts, nothing could persuade him otherwise now couldn't it?

But he hadn't counted on something else which the top Blondie seemed to be pondering about.

"Why don't you come with us?" It was out of the blue, all of the sudden, and the other Blondie in the room cast Iason a curious look as if he'd misheard him.

"What?"

"You don't go out at all, choosing to stay cooped up in your lab looking at dividing cells and algorithms all night," Neu-Jupiter spoke.

As expected, Raoul raised on his defense. "Socialising has bored me lately. Being flocked by excessive compliments and obvious hypocrisy is tiring."

Iason had that air of defiance that seemed to say his excuses were not going to get him anywhere, "Then we'll go in disguise so we don't get flocked.

"Treat it like an experiment of sorts my dear friend. It will be...a most refreshing experience…"

The Biochemist was pinned with a single-minded stare that sought to seek nothing but compliance from the Tanaguran head, Iason in a sense firm with his determination to hook his brother along for the trip. Raoul thought of this to be a bad suggestion and for a moment debated whether or not it was better to decline but the other's expression totally bore into him again that all he could do was sigh in a manner of exasperation.

"Riki is right. You're horrible," was his brother's words.

Iason merely chuckled: "Then it's settled. I'll call Riki and inform him."

Notes:

Airbikes...

Chapter 53

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

Any Mistral affair was an affair to behold. About half past late morning a handsome trio comprised of two elites and a gorgeous Pet stepped up into the decorated paths of the Park, arriving into the Airbike Arena a little too late, the red carpet laid out against the golden floors of the massive hallway with its clean arches bustling with both commoners and other members of the hierarchy wearing their hair in different colours, among guests and other visitors from the other planets and star systems.

They walk in at a casual pace, dressed as casually, the Pet wearing both a hood and a frown on his person which one of his companions seemed to amuse himself with. Said companion every now and then pressed himself unnoticeably against the said Pet, whispering, to which the latter only appeared to pout at then scoff, indignant.

Raoul noted these interactions with the slightest of interests though who knew what exactly was going on in his mind. He fingered the plait of his hair briefly before letting it fall, the queue tied back and thrown over one shoulder, this being the first time he has allowed the disguise, as both his companions had their own colours altered to match, Iason's hair while in its bleeding shade clasped back by a pin. The Biochemist also had a similar pin on his own head, serving as an object to create the change, although they could have done it on automatic.

For Riki's though there was another trigger, and for now his strands were trapped in the hue of a gorgeous rose until such a time when this will be undone.

"Looks like the race has started. See. We're late," Riki's voice telling the elites off may come as a shock to most, but luckily no one seemed to bother as everyone busied themselves with their own affairs.

Iason slid an arm around that sensuous waist briefly, planting a discreet kiss on the top of the Pet's head before letting go, "Forgive me love. There was much work to finish at the office."

Riki of course understood this, smiling softly at the attention though his eyes fell to Raoul with suspicion, "I wonder why he needed to tag along…" he frowned.

The other redhead narrowed his eyes at that. "It wasn't generally my idea. Ask your lover why exactly he wanted me here…"

The Airbike Race was already at its highlights when the three found themselves filing after a line towards the seats, Raoul uncomfortable with the idea of having to mingle with so many beings out of the setting of either his office or a Tanaguran event, however his brother did not mind as they collided shoulders with the other guests, more focused on watching his Pet have a good day out of his usual territories.

The crowd was in great spirits. Patrons from all over the Galaxy were on their toes, tossing bets, hoping their riders took home the top spot and them taking home the top prize in the process. The sounds of revving engines pierced the air, the tracks in front and below occupied by the speeding units built specifically for this run, some of the bikers even engaged in heated rivalry that was fed by the adoration of the masses, the scream of gamblers, the sound of fans crying out their names. Even the Pet had his own bet as to who might win, for a moment just a mongrel again, enjoying his time on the racetrack. The two redheads with him silently observed.

Neither Raoul nor Iason participated in the current frenzy of the crowd, even as the Pet cheered alongside the Normals around them, a long-standing queue visible outside with other visitors waiting for a spot in the stands or crowding the viewing screens to spectate or merely await nervously as to who's winning horse reaches the finishing line first. As the laps increased, so did the enthusiasm, but the disguised Blondies, for all their controlled nerves and practiced self-awareness simply took their seats and discussed, while Riki was hooked upon the excitement of the gathering, on his feet, hood off, clapping and occasionally shouting, his voice drowning alongside the massive collection of jeers and calls by the crowd.

"Such conviviality," Raoul could only point out, before his eyes scanned through the area at the other beings present, looking up ahead as over the tumultuous commotion of the race, something seemed to gain its own scandalous prominence.

In what was part of the VIP section, them three having strayed to the layer just above that, a Platina was seen loudly chastising a staff member for some error done. The hidden Blondie cringed slightly, the elegance wrinkled around his eyes for one moment as he leaned in closer to Iason and whispered, "...that one."

The top Blondie extended the information. "Platina Derek Zen. He's not one I've seen much of but, from what I've heard, he has a reputation. A bad one at that."

Of course notoriety had not escaped the eye of the Council since Iason returned. They had compiled for themselves a rather impressive list of elites whose vile deeds had reached a malignancy that should be better off spliced out of the System. Such as this silver. He was most known for looking down at other elites below his hair color, which in the original design of things must never be the case. Neu-Jupiter pointed this detail out with accuracy.

"Like Rubies?" smiled the Biochemist, wondering if their current getup had something to do with this. "I don't like him." At the back of his mind, Raoul wanted to see this reputation firsthand, and then scatter the Platina's expectations to many indistinguishable pieces. Neu-Jupiter was aware of this, returning the knowing smile.

"Your humour is about as wicked as Gideon's. Or worse." It was a fact that amongst them all, his best friend could be easily the most brutal.

"Only if it's worth it," Raoul made a condescending nod of his head.

"Yes! He won!" the Pet suddenly burst out, pumping his fist up with the rest of the crowd around him, his rider taking first place almost uncontested in the last seconds, the hero thrusting his own fist up as he took his victory lap around the arena.

The two Blondies simply paused at that, casting a brief look of understanding at each other before exchanging some light laughs.

Notes:

I don't know why but sometimes I just write these chapters at different lengths. I don't follow a certain metric. All I do is make sure I like how the chapter is going before I go long - or short - with it. You readers of mine don't seem to mind yes? ^ ^

Chapter 54

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

Besides the varying races, there were also other activities one could busy himself with at the Airbike Arena. A Convention is being held with the contests in fact to showcase the latest in Airbike technology from top merchants from all over the world and even as far as the distant planets and star systems, traders flocking in from all corners of the Galactic space to get a piece of the action. This in turn has Riki, being the enthusiast that he is, hurrying about like a child in a toy shop to check the units available, the disguised Blondies following his heels at a much more relaxed pace, slow in their strides as they discussed certain matters and observations for the day, even when Riki urged them on.

"Come on Ia!"

Iason just waved him along with the barest of smiles, taking stock of his brother who seemed to be soaking in the situation with much better acuity compared to earlier, "You seem to have enjoyed yourself."

Raoul was still in expected denial, stating, "I am, as you suggested, treating this as an experiment. Observing something different from time to time is an acceptable way of performing tests and qualitative evaluations."

Both their eyes fell on Riki, now conversing perhaps regarding the extensive features of an Airbike with one of the merchants. Raoul tossed his head up a bit. "You rather like to spoil your Pet, Ia."

"Because I'd rather have him smile than curse me," said the top Blondie. "It's much better to deal with him when he is in this temperament."

Iason's state had the Biochemist watching him, still thinking about a way to perhaps measure the affection called 'love' which binds both the Pet and the Master together. What was it about that emotion? What was it about this feeling? Is there a means to analyze it to its very base, to see its many intricate sequences and define it in a more totally understandable way? They reach Riki's side with these questions and more still in Raoul's mind.

The Merchant was in the middle of an upsell. "It's the fastest one there is in the market today!"

"You like that one, Pet?" the redheaded aristocrat asked to which Riki responded, "It's a beautiful piece…" though with hands in his pockets, he eyes other models around the hall, some on pedestals and amply lighted for showcasing drama. "Ah! That's the Neu series!" And like a pirate finding greater treasure, he ran off again towards the grander centrepieces in the lot, prompting the merchant to scratch his head. "Quite the enthusiastic Pet you have there Masters."

Raoul volunteered, "My Friend gives him a rather lengthy chain."

Iason could only smile at this truth. Beyond them, Riki had already begun discussing the specs with another merchant, paying close attention to the selling points of the unit that took his interest yet again, the hidden Exclusive beaming over the Airbike, checking its many features.

About the same time, Platina Derek Zen was passing on by a short way off, moving towards the same area with a caucus of his velvet-clad acquaintances accompanying him. Things had picked up rather quickly, taking on the wrong turn, as upon the notice of a Pet of the hair colour he did not like, the elite suddenly hatched a plan.

While the two unnoticed Blondies watched, the Platina all of a sudden staggered forward then collided with Riki, causing the latter to trip, if not for his apt reflexes, could have ended up on a heap on the floor. Zen's friends somehow found humour in all this and laughed, trying their best to be discreet, as on the pretense of being offended, Zen grew incensed, "Watch it!"

Riki scowled at that but then decided this was not the place where he wanted to pick fights, showing his maturity beyond that of the Platina. "Sorry," his features softened, though everyone who knew him was aware he could be so easily angered. Just not today. He was in his elements and was not wanting to be plucked out of this place any time soon.

The Blondies narrowed their eyes.

Zen was not about to give it up: "Don't you ever look where you're going?" having taken a gander at Riki's pretend Pet Ring around his neck, a necklace with a ruby stud on its pendant, visible through the loose robe. "Whose pet are you? Weren't you taught manners?" He drawled the last word. The rest of his proud entourage this time laughed out.

Riki cursed under his breath but sighed for calm, clenching a fist behind his back, "I'm really sorry." Twice on the apology already.

Iason came on over to steal his own hand over that fist, sensing how the Pet tensed and then relaxed at his touch, his voice breaking through as he stood there behind him, "What seems to be the problem?" Just as Raoul joined his side, a flash of cape and longer hair length the indication of their status.

Zen, upon noticing the gleam of their red hair immediately piped, "Ah, so this inbred is your Pet? He has no manners at all!"

Iason narrowed his eyes briefly at that before speaking in a calmer manner, "Didn't he apologize to you twice already? And from what we saw, it was you who wasn't looking."

"So you're saying I'm a liar?" the Platina would not have it, turning to his companions who continued to snicker in some manner of mockery. "You god-darned Rubies think you're special…"

"So do you apparently," Iason smirked. "I can't believe a Platina would do such nonsense when left with much time on his hands."

Derek Zen could not believe that a lower class elite was speaking to him in this way. It was as if his entire status as a silver was being mired and dirtied, dragged onto the floor. He could be seen visibly clenching. His face wrinkled by the seething anger building within his person.

If only he knew, he would not have challenged those words.

"Why the nerve!"

Indignity makes one lose grace faster than any immorality.

The Platina took a step forward towards the redhead, raising a hand, about to connect a palm with the unchanging expression of Iason's face, the face who now looked at him with such pride and sternness. He was almost to the point that the hit would go through, Riki himself getting over some initial shock and was in the same manner ready to strike back.

Except nothing happened. Or rather because nothing was allowed to happen, Raoul cutting the confrontation off, grabbing the silver by his wrist and throwing him easily to the carpet. Zen staggered, catching some of the displays in his imbalanced stupor and even knocking a few of the presentations down before he collapsed entirely.

The Platina stared up at the disguised Biochemist with stun in his eyes before that shifted to even more fits of rage. "Why you-!"

"You'd do well not to pick an argument with this person…" Raoul said coolly as the Platina's face became infected with outrage by the scandal he himself orchestrated, the other guests in the area now stopping to spectate the happenings with raised brows and whispering.

Iason touched his hand upon his brother's shoulder this time, stepping to cover Riki with his form, "Ra, leave it. He's not worth your time." Like a signal that it was better for them to leave now, made clear by a slight squeeze upon that shoulder.

The Platina managed to get on his feet as the three Rubies turned, assisted by his cohorts who muttered their own string of raged encouragement not to let this pass. "Where do you think you're going?" he confronted the trio. "Low-level scoundrels like you should be executed!" he pointed an accusing finger and with a grin, his own failed attempt to regain composure, added. "Maybe I should have you all turned to Sex Dolls for the brothels!" His voice was fast to rise over the other noises in the hall, making certain the threat was audible to as many of the onlookers as possible, exerting his authority over these lesser elites.

But that was the last straw. Iason stopped. And despite Raoul stopping him as he had done earlier when the other was about to indulge his temper, the top Blondie turned to the silver with calm anger; only to shove the Platina back on his rear, down to the floor from where he was cast earlier, thinking he belonged there better than standing up.

Raoul sighed and shook his head. Riki half-gaped but then frowned as his lover looked down at the disreputable elite.

"What authority have you to issue such an idiotic threat?" Neu-Jupiter asked, taking on the tone of power.

Zen bit back, furious, "You have no right to treat me like this! I'm a Platina!"

The top Blondie knew this would be brought to the case. So as to not let the standings be confused anymore, Iason undid the clasp which held his hair back, "Ah, but I have all the right…" and to the shock of everyone, the gasp heard washing over to the very corners of the hall, what was a splendid mane of red slowly lost its colour to become the brilliance of blond, the pin clanging against a hard surface somewhere, stunning not only Zen and his companions but the staring attendees. 

He is a Blondie!

"Iason…" Riki whispered more to himself, a bit worried. Raoul clipped the bridge of his nose with gloved fingers to ease his exasperation, "I was hoping this day would end without incident, but I guess it can't be helped."

With that, the Biochemist released his own clasp, letting the pin drop, his length of hair changing into its natural blond colour. Only then was it understood that these two were just disguising themselves, for whatever purpose it served them, walking amongst this gathering as ordinary citizens.

Zen's companions stammered, "T-they...they're...Tanaguran Blondies!"

The Platina himself cannot believe it. "They're not just Blondies...you're Iason Mink and Raul Ma! The Tanaguran Top Two!" his eyes became round as saucers. "But...b-b-but I thought Blondies never go to these events!"

Iason had a hand to his hip, throwing his hair back over his shoulders. He sought to clarify that. "We don't...but my Pet loves the thrill of Airbike racing."

Obviously everyone has heard of the infamous mongrel-turned-Pet and now Exclusive Riki. The being that was thought of to be useless trash, but had found favour in Jupiter's eyes. Everyone knew the story of how he rose to power, only now just coming to realize that the other creature found together with these two was none other than him.

Derek Zen looked wide-eyed at the form of the Pet he had singled out earlier, as with a graceful hand Iason beckoned him to come to his side. "That must mean he's...he's…"

"Pet," the top Blondie loosened the cape and let it fall, the darkness of the outfit beneath fully revealed alongside flawless skin and amazing curves. "Yeah? What is it?" Riki met the stare with a confident one all his own.

Iason pulled him closer, hand running down that smooth back shown off by the lack of any other cover besides the minimal which was his normal attire. A question, "Seen anything you like with the Airbike models?"

Riki shrugged the blush that had rose to his cheeks, in all honesty admitting, "I guess. But then I can't tell you really since I haven't looked at everything."

Neu-Jupiter hummed in understanding, "It's all right. I'm considering a new transport next week so how about we arrange a private viewing at Eos Palace?

"Raoul?"

The other Blondie nodded, a PVT drawn out in his hand and pressing keys. "Of course. I'll have Orphe organize it."

Iason was still fixed upon Riki. "It's settled then, for now, we'll need to cut our visit short," he told him.

There went that kiss, the Blondie Master placing a tribute upon the juncture between Riki's ear and jaw, using this trigger to transform what was once red to a stunning raven. "Rose doesn't suit you after all," Iason chuckled. Riki rolled his eyes. "Now you tell me…"

Zen crawled onto his knees as his cohorts were silenced, some collapsing to the floor in their shock , "You're Neu-Jupiter's Pet! No!" Iason's smile was obviously pleased as the Platina groveled, reaching for the foot of the gods, "F-Forgive me...I didn't know!"

Raoul still with the terminal in hand cut at that again, stepping on the Platina's hand, making the silver wail as the weight alone crushed fingers, bones, the strength of a Blondie never really measured in full. The Security was swarming in now, going for crowd control as a sudden surge of watchers rushed in to witness the confrontation, wanting to see what was happening.

"Raoul…"

"It's all right Iason," said the Biochemist, pressing that foot in causing the silver to whimper, thumbing some details on his control panel. "Doesn't the Pet Law have capital punishment now for touching the Exclusive without permission? I'm doing him a favour."

"Don't be so heartless."

This was made to be a jest, Neu-Jupiter holding Riki close, the Pet eyeing them both, thinking that obviously they were supposed to be this way. Ruthlessness makes Blondies what they are. It was by this said ruthlessness that he was here now, in their presence.

"Your transport is here," Raoul spoke with a sigh, folding his PVT as an automated Aircar descended, the hall space allowing such a feat to be executed. He gestured to his brother and the Pet.

Iason asked, "...aren't you coming?"

Raoul finally slipped his foot off, smoothing his cape as if the debacle has creased it. "I'll follow after I personally sort this mess…I have just informed Gideon of the situation likewise and he wanted to meet me," he looked at the now writhing Platina. Which meant they will have to go ahead.

Understanding and preferring it anyway, Iason conceded without trouble, "Suit yourself.

"Come..." and he guided his Pet towards the waiting transport, motioning for him to go on ahead first. Riki complied, as the god cast a glance over to the other Blondie before slipping in beside him, "See you at Eos."

The doors locked. The chauffeur with programmed orders gunned into speed and left the weary gathering, Raoul now in the middle of the fray attending to the trouble still cringing before him. He addressed Derek Zen with such ice. "Now let's see.

"Disturbing the peace, looking down on your fellow elites…" his eyes narrowed as he made a list of offenses, elaborating on each one. "...and angering Neu-Jupiter himself by making his Pet apologize twice to your haughtiness.

"Disgusting...

The Platina once more resorted to pleading. To which the Blondie only replied, "But I'm not the one you need to ask it from...a waste you had not accepted Riki's apologies earlier. It would have been a very good opportunity…"

Notes:

The System needs cleaning. The Caste, its discipline. What would Iason do to correct the torn world left to his charge? Stay tuned...

**Erratum: This was sloppy. I edited it out and cleaned it up. Should be better to read now. Sorry my dearies.

Chapter 55

Notes:

Oh well. It took me a while. But now fit for it all, I. Am. HOME!! *flails and runs around* So happy. ^ ^

And to share my enthusiasm, here is a treat not only to you but to me. You have no idea how I have missed writing. I have been living day to day in the hopes of one day getting back to this thus I am especially happy. Also, I managed to finally update my Cinco story in fanfiction(dot)net which I have been wanting to do since forever.

For those of you who also have accounts there or just want to visit me -or stalk yes? *giggles*- say my name! Yeah. You know my name.

Onwards then! And strangers please, please please! Introduce yourselves? I'd want to know who you people are.

Much love,

Yuri *hearts*

Chapter Text

The day seemed to be dragging as slow as the stars were revolving in the heavens, the coat of darkness called night wrapping unhurriedly about in a sleepy pace of sorts. As if the planet was also taking its time within the cosmos. Raoul had, after the incident, returned to his lab, rather pacified now after having dealt with the Platina in the way he wanted.

Cruel that by this time, the latter would be either decommissioned or lowered to a certain derogatory rank, the Biochemist rooting for the former, very much wanting to flush the entire caste of the lowlives that dress themselves so proudly as elites but have torn the hierarchy into shreds with their need for power as well as their inimical greed during Jupiter’s absence.

Though the means had been rather unorthodox to achieve this end, using the Neu couple as a trap, ending in him basically having an interesting night, more interesting day prior that, recalling details as he all but slipped out of his cape and suit to stand naked before a mirror, guarded in one of the private quarters he kept here. He had been indulged as he had indulged it, admittedly admiring his brother’s creativity, or more aptly, his humour in dealing with the situation...

Iason had said before all this, “How about we play possum? I want to apprehend a Platina that has been giving our other Lower Elites a difficulty.

“His misbehavior is leaving a stain on my carpet.”

Raoul turned his head and was visibly curious, “Shouldn’t we send someone else to do that?” though intrigued he had been by the prospect.

“But we’re already headed there today,” said Neu-Jupiter with a smile lighting his otherwise cold noble features, his demeanor changing into one likened to that of a mischievous devil in the guise and build of a god.

He had been referring to the Airbike race then. Obviously, the stage had already been set up for the performance. All it took was a little push and the teeth of the trap would snap in place, destroying whoever it was that got caught in its maw...

This was part of the old god’s Will, that is, to cleanse their System of unnecessary vermin, Raoul being a confidant to it knowing that this may be a gruesome task to achieve in the path to securing Tanagura’s future. He could only shake his head at the thought, at the idea that they will have to play a larger part in it all somehow, the ones who will more likely need to drop the ax upon the necks of their own. A most dirty affair. Still. It definitely had to be done.

Once more pulling his hair into the appropriate bun, he let some of the soft strands slip loose to fall down his bare shoulders. His skin a milkier shade to those golden locks but what else was new in the life of being  a Blondie? He was musing to himself.

“Cleaning a mess like that,” sighed the Biochemist, looking at his reflection through the glass,  his office’s windows making a phantom of that said reflection in more than one angle around, the view of a brightly lit and ever constrained Capital paling before him. “What would you have us do next Iason?”

His eyes wandered over to the table, taking a few steps closer to reach for the pin now laid within a sterile velvet box there, threading that tool carefully through his locks to trigger the change in colour of his natural Blondie head into the rich red shade that made the Platina’s blood run over earlier, craning his neck from side to side in check the difference.

Although capable of it, this may actually be the first time he has ever used this ability in public. Unlike Iason. That Blondie has been sneaking incognito about the domain in a myriad of disguises. Especially during those times that Riki was in Apathia.

“So this is why he picked this colour…”

Derek Zen was discriminating towards Rubies. Raoul smiled to himself. Of course Neu-Jupiter knew this fact and was ultimately wanting to exploit it in every possible way. “Quite a sly devil you are my Lord ...

“Quite the dangerous devil.”


Orphe was being tested but nonetheless took the challenge of getting the private Airbike Exhibit together at such a short span of time, in two days transforming the lofty heights of a lower hall into a grand showcase of the latest machineries, the units displayed prominently with the signature touch of drama afforded by the status of the one who’d requested it.

Though the pets whom the Blondies brought in felt a bit out of place and occasionally confused. This was, for them, a peculiar gathering, their meager minds not really well-versed with other aspects besides the erotic and could fancy not the way an Airbike really ticked. The speed. The adrenaline of it.

Riki could care less. He was happy to being left free to roam from unit to unit and ask questions, which was all that mattered, Iason, his Master, looking on, ever the doting lover.

“There would be a need to at least select a new set of elites to fit the level,” the Blondies present found other things to busy with as the pets whispered and got bored on the side, as Riki checked the inner workings of the Airbikes with the merchants in tow. “Could we perhaps provide some form of promotion? A chance for the lower members of the hierarchy to gain a higher post?”

Gideon was already suggesting, his eyes following the dark-haired Exclusive as Iason’s was, Riki’s well-built form fluid in its movements as he motioned around a particular unit he seemed to be taking a liking to and was in fact growing on him, drawn by its sleek design and aerodynamics.

The host of Blondies were likewise moving about, wine glasses in hand, themselves picking through the other vehicles and transports Orphe also invited the traders of for them to choose from. These the other pets seemed to flock to slightly, the sight of Aircars something more familiar to them.

Apparently, none of them has ever been on an Airbike before to bother. Riki chuckled to himself. Compared to the children of the Slums, these were innocent lambs, lost to the role other than what they were assigned, manufactured and bred into.

But would that have any importance to someone like him? Him who had everything including a sound mind of understanding? The game changes just a bit because of that. Like how it was now that all the top merchants were set to sell here to him, displaying their best units in the hopes of not only impressing the elites present but also the lone Pet whom they now knew to be such an enthusiast at the sport.

The profit never really mattered at this point. The honour of bragging that they were the preferred brand by Tanagura’s Exclusive however was top prize. Imagine what that could do, what doors that badge could open. The glitter of opportunities…

Katron was noting with accuracy the conversations taking place between Pet and merchants, silently manipulating the controls of the surveillance droids to take snapshots. For security purposes. Procedures. Something Iason wanted him to make sure of and was succeeding to the best of his capabilities. This as his brothers stood by with whatever was needed, not entirely the main serving crew provided by the Tower itself but there to cater to their Masters. The personal Furniture was the one busiest as he strode by Riki’s side at all times however.

“This is pretty sweet,” the Exclusive ran a hand appreciatively over the body of the sable Airbike his heart had fixed itself upon, his obsidian eyes glinting wonder, a display screen before him showing the statistics of the ride and he was loving that.

He liked how the speed aspects of it were off the charts. It was a fast beast, could tear through the streets like the most precise of laser knives.

“Can I take this for a spin?”

“And where are you going with that?”

It was Raoul, the multitude of Blondies including Iason Mink with him making an entrance and the Pet grimace. Their eyes were on him, a sea of cold ice of varying hues, one the same and different from the other. Each its own. Each commanding their own.

He could likewise feel the other pets looking, obviously hungry for even just the faintest sliver of the attention he was getting, gritting and bristling at him again like such wild animals. Riki simply sighed and turned to Iason. “I want to actually test it. Can I?”

The top Blondie smiled, though it was Raoul who said the words, his arms crossed sternly across his broad chest, “You do know you can’t.”

“Why not?”

The Blondie put it blandly, “Protocol.

“You know you can’t go out of the Tower by yourself.”

It always had to do with rules. The System by which the whole of this world was governed revolved around so many strictures that even his existence now as the Exclusive entailed in itself a set of standards. Riki always had a distaste for such things. He rolled his eyes in subversion whenever the topic was drawn to light. Iason was well aware of this.

Which was why it was not a surprise to him when the Pet all but grabbed a helmet on the side and threw it, “Hey Katron!” at the Furniture who all but wondered before following with a undecided nod as the Pet patted the back seat of the Airbike.

“Sit,” and Katron complied, a bit uncertain that his brows creased.

The next thing that happened was a blur but Riki suddenly revved the engine and took to speed, flying through an open section of the glass doming over the Tower. Out into the night and vanishing with the tail lights.

Raoul visibly shook his head with an exasperated growl of frustration, burying his face into a palm, Gideon breaking into laughter while Iason turned his attentions and examined the unit next to what Riki took off on. Something with a shade bordering silver and golden. He had a smile to himself.

“Such stubbornness…

“Is this fly worthy?” he was thinking out loud one moment then asked next the merchant who stood stiffly by.

The latter merely nodded, tongue-tied at what had happened earlier. Such behavior was unheard of in pets. The superior Blondie gestured for the helmet sitting idly by which the purveyor immediately and somehow absent-mindedly handed over.

The Biochemist’s jaw fell at what Neu-Jupiter was intending. “Don’t tell me you’re running after him!? Iason!”

To their shock, Iason did slip on the helmet, mounting the Airbike to swipe a hand at the right keys, getting the engine started before turning full throttle and taking off after his Exclusive, the machine breaking into haste under the cool of the night, a trail of clear mist in its wake.

“Damn it Iason!” Raoul, his fist raised, called after, the other pets and their Masters looking like something had just suddenly exploded in their faces. “He really isn’t much to listening!”

“Like Master. Like Pet?”

But Gideon merely gave the Biochemist a pat on the shoulder as slowly, one by one, the other Blondies broke into his same amused laughter, finding the situation a novelty very common now in the still-unshakable structure of Tanagura...


Riki and Iason had chased after each other through the traffic, commonfolk screeching in an uproar as the powerful machines sped past them on the sidewalk and off, the winds billowing behind the transports as the two weaved through the larger containers and even airships sluggishly queuing in the lateness. Rising and falling suddenly, shooting up then dipping very low past tankers and cargo vessels. Looping under bridges and around buildings. The Pet not even giving once to his Master enough that Katron had held on tight to him in the midst of the fierceness of the small contest, the Blondie hot on their tailcoats, pursuing with a diligence Riki the Black who had been loose on the road.

They eventually had ended up somewhere: a vast green patch of a park whose name was lost to them both in the moment. Not that it mattered when they had managed to finally breeze through the air together, peacefully cruising and chuckling at their own attempts to race, at how the other Blondies might have been unnerved to see them zoom off like that.

Katron felt literally sick. The impromptu passenger was cold-sweating, that, the moment they landed, he was off and running to duck behind a bush to empty the contents of his stomach. Amusing that this creature could be so fearsome when called upon yet fragile all the same.

His Masters let him be, Iason more interested to run his fingertips down the curves of Riki’s sides as the latter thread his own through blond locks now free of the helmet that was earlier masked over it.  

Riki grinned ear to ear, “That was hot.”

Iason only smirked, taking a kiss as a reward, “You think a Blondie can’t play a Mongrel’s game?”

“When have I ever said you cannot?” the Pet chuckled back, catching sight of Katron trying to regain his composure only to duck behind the bush again, managing to bow in excuse this time for his sorry state that Riki only laughed.

“That mouth always gets you into trouble,” now the Blondie’s own was intent on covering his, a gloved hand tilting that chin so his sapphire hues met the darkness of his Exclusive’s diamonds.

Riki challenged immediately, “What will you do about it then? Shut me up?”

A kiss was one way. The other means would have to wait until they get back to the Palace, assuming the trip does not end up with the Furniture breaking into a mess of nausea and coughing like he was doing now.

Riki smiled into those captivating lips. Yeah. A slow drift would be a better idea.


Elsewhere, someone else was breaking, or was in an attempt, picking up the pieces as a result of the devastation he acknowledged to have been his doing. Lonesome rage. Disappointment. A mask on the table of a stranger.

He planned to say goodbye for good soon, looking at the screen where on the news Riki was seen riding shotgun to Iason Mink on an Airbike, smiling, resting a head on the Blondie’s shoulder as their Tanaguran entourage surrounded them in a fleet.

This was taken late last night, the press and populace crazily romanticising the scoop, of how both Neu-Jupiter and his Exclusive had been seen racing in the streets of Midas on board these nostalgic machines. Rides once the staple of Bison and their memories together.

No more.

Maybe it was some form of publicity. A brandishing perhaps of just how carefree the lives of the powerful had become. But to his unchanging eyes this was the picture of his biggest loss, the painting of his greatest heartache...

“He has your heart, your soul...everything that used to be you and I -we used to despise this!"

That used to be him! His heart and mind were both screaming.

“Riki…that rift between...you have crossed over that and you now stand beyond it. And I am here, only allowed to watch.” The fact was clear and true. “Where you are I can’t follow.”

Chapter 56

Notes:

Dear Readers,

I ask for your understanding.

I'm still trying to figure out where to start again now that I have been proclaimed as truly clear of my sickness. I somehow do not know what to do with all this spare time! It saddens me that after the being at the hospital for too long, I never expected to ever come out. Truly thought I was going to stay there for good. But looks like there were other plans for me.

No. I am not abandoning anything. I just need to sort through whatever it is that I need to sort through.

I have to get my life back on track again.

And hope to laugh again.

And cry again.

And write again.

Thank you for staying with me.

Much yours,
Yuri "Yue-chan" the Eighth
----------------------------------------
P.S Updates:

My doctor told me at a rehabilitation session that it is normal for out-patients to feel disoriented after being in medical care for a while. That it was common for someone like me who had spent most of my last couple years being under medical attention to have this dead-ended feeling, a lack in direction or aim.

The good news is that I can cope with it, she said, and that I can also manage to, eventually, heal from it of my own accord. I can start with therapy. With doing things little by little as we had began two days ago.

So I ended up reading. I started to write small lines and snippets to get a grasp of my dormant talents. I began seeing friends more and talking to those I had not talked to in a while. I also began reviewing my own drafts. I think I had done great progress. The family have been more than encouraging. And then there are you guys helping to cheer me up as well.

I give you all my thanks.

I'm piecing my self up again bit by bit with your help, thus, I should not disappoint.

After such a long time, here is my latest attempt at getting back on my toes. I think it isn't my best, but then I want to see me doing what I love again. My previous state should never really define what my next years would be.

Again, my thanks to everyone. :)
----------------------------------------

Chapter Text

It had been the few days after.

The schedule today afforded enough time for Katron and his siblings to make their final measurements, helping fit Riki into his costume for the Ball, the lace and train spread out on the floor as the finishing touches of light crystals and other jewels were being carefully sewn in the proper places, much like strategic pieces on a map, the threads used being thin and seemingly nonexistent, endless lines like a spider's web sucking in the gleam and reflecting it beautifully.

The Pet was a bit stiff.

He had a frown set on his face and a scowl that made him seem displeased where in fact there was something else running at the back of his mind. The Alpha Furniture sighed, noticing this, peeking from the side while expertly mending a small fold of fabric with decorative stitching.

"Master, you are being tense. Relax or we can't fit you properly into your costume," said Katron.

"Sorry. Nerves," Riki managed to release his breath, biting his paling lip and clenching his fists to follow the suggestion. "I just feel anxious about all this."

It was Katrice's turn to peek from where he was adding diamonds to the train and spreading it out for a full view and some closer inspection. He noted with a slight incline of his head: "The Ball is not even until three days.

"Why is Master nervous?"

Kantre added in with a humble smile, "Master will again be stunning" while beginning to make the crop necessary for effect on the outfit, a match and contradiction to the costume that stood dressed onto a manikin to one side of the room.

It was Iason's 'Knight Suit' in brilliant shades of blue and white. Already it seemed to tower over him and the Pet's mind could not help but feel overwhelmed. The Blondie was always dashing. Physically and inwardly, he was a very powerful Man. Riki at times still could not understand what was it in him that had made someone so mighty crumble.

"Maybe a few crystal into his hair?"

"Would that not be an excess?"

"We ought to consider weight…"

The triplets were at their element, moving with such precision over their work area, fast enough that at times their gestures were a blur. Yet always gentle. Every touch was calculated and quiet, meticulous. Riki again sighed, shifting his weight to one foot, feeling a bit strained. Katron noticed this as well, perceptive like he always was.

"Are you tired, Master?"

Someone offered a seat almost immediately while another offered him some cool mineral water carefully and measurably poured into one of the finely polished glasses on standby in the work area. He could not help but fix his own eyes at their faces for a moment. They all looked similar but not at all similar the same time. They moved like the liquid he had touched to his lips.

"We should make sure the Master gets enough sleep," it was Kantre who suggested.

The other two nodded in agreement, knowing that the Exclusive will most likely need it in the coming days. Already as of late he had been pressed though the stress was not obvious on his persona.

But more unnecessary doting. Great. As if that really helped him in this case. Nor does it even in the least ease the tension of the situation. The real purpose of the affair after all was to make his existence known even more to the world was it? In the form of a Coming Out where *something* was to be expected of him, and that something to the once-mongrel was not fun.

He did not agree with it. The thought that he would have to do it annoyed him simply.

Riki growled out finally, "Who wants to be seen getting fucked by another in front of a crowd anyway?" He flailed a bit then soured down into the chair in annoyance. Back to the reality of it all.

Almost instantaneously, the three Furniture looked at each other, only to have themselves smile and return to their mending with an honest shrug.

As if to say it plainly, the nagging answer: the Exclusive. Of course.


Elsewhere Underground, the redhead known as the Subarctic Scarface had just finished his third stick of cigarette in twenty minutes, drumming patient fingers against the surface of his desk, looking outside through the clear glass of his office window.

The world unseen. It had in itself built an empire with its rights to trade and business, on opposing wavelengths using neither good nor evil if not but both to succeed. Greedy like it had always been and cruel, however a monster heeling under the gentle stroke and manipulation of its gods.

He could always imagine Iason this way, could always envision him with Riki warped into his embrace as the Blondie settled his pieces on the table, flicking those useless generals aside or saving the pawns as sacrifices for later. Was it evil to somehow be always terrified of this mental imagery?

It may have been a nightmare once but does he really have to feel this certain apprehension even until this day? He is now too far within. Life could never be something that he could go back on from this point. Much like everything else he has done in the name of his 'master' thus far…

"Hey Boss...what's up?"

Katze almost automatically looked up, the expression in his eyes likened to that of the Ice Noble known by many names in the upper echelon of this world. He liked the transformation that work had brought upon the other mongrel. Somehow it suited him to be here. Maybe this was the Slums saving grace? Given the right opportunities and management, they flourished quite handsomely.

The redhead stood up. "I need you to accompany me," said the Ex-Furniture, trapping the cigarette between his lips as he quietly walked his way off his seat, prompting Norris to follow his lead without questions...


The apartments for workers.

For years Katze had been managing this productive real estate within the backbone of his seat of control, sending his labour residents and mongrels-turned-workers alike to live a fulfilling life here as they earned their keep down below, the facilities provided almost at par with the ones socialites and other typical 'blue of blood' enjoy. Today, it was Norris' turn to learn all about it. All in accordance to Katze's plans.

"Cozy little paradise, this place. Where are we boss?" the mongrel had been spying around, at the sleek townhouses and taller condominiums, the various amenities that looked costly enough to empty one's paycheck.

Katze walked at a leisurely stride, lighting the next cigarette he had pressed to his lips, blowing out a huff and watching the smoke billow through the leaves of the trees they had passed before he retorted, "The equivalent of Apatia for my workers Underground.

"Welcome to Gadens..."

There was one building location East of Gadens where the redhead had overseen the construction himself. A set of flats that he was boasting to be the best in all of the area's units. They had reached an upper floor through an elevator easily, the view of a section of Midas seen to the side just protruding above the location's maintained gardens and towering greenery, its lights already blinking though early, its canopied skies bustling with movement and much urgency. Lively of traffic and business. This was Midas seen through the glass.

By means of a virtual key and scanner, they were able pass through a heavy set of metallic doors, into a large space that made Norris whistle as he stepped past the outer carpets into more carpeting, glancing about in admiration of the quaint cleanliness. Where nothing seemed out of place save he. Katze noted his estimation and divulged a few aesthetic details.

"Six rooms excluding full piece baths and toilets, a central living and kitchen. Garage is down the side with a connecting private elevator so the unit doesn't have to share with the common parking space although there is plenty across Gadens itself."

The Ex-Furniture stopped, coolly plucking a terminal from a side slot, pulling out the virtual screen to literally 'turn on' the house's system. With no hint of boastfulness, he added, "Fully centralized. You can even bring a Droid in to do the housework or make use of the Housekeeping - those are options as well."

He had moved to the living area and found the massive sectional, sitting down to finish what remained of his lighted cigarette, this time watching the smoke getting sucked in by the vent of regulators fitted inconspicuously with the interior, the slots camouflaged with the lighting. Some people lived by their daily dosage of poison. Katze had himself in mind with this design. Again, Norris whistled.

"This is swanky and all but mind telling me why you brought me here?"

There came the question. Katze did not respond in kind, merely picked from his pocket a card key which he flicked at the other mongrel, waiting as Norris fidgeted and almost let slip the object before he grasped it carefully in his fingers, figuring what it was for.

"Bring that to the Administration in charge of Gadens. The office is on the Ground Floor. Have them scan you into the Registry."

He didn't understand that. Why was he being told this? Katze automatically clarified, elaborating at the details.

"The market is always busy and we are swamped beyond relief these last months. It would be tedious to have you cutting time because of the travel to and from Ceres.

"Anyway, this Housing Unit is a company privilege. It's just a short distance away from work so you report in early without delay. The neighborhood is a non-discriminating one, composed of mongrel workers that had been in the Underground for a long time and, likewise, Normals. No one will disturb your privacy here."

"Where'd I get the feeling this isn't just about company privilege? Does this have anything to do with the Boss Master and Riki?"

Norris did his own figuring. He might not be the sharpest knife in the kitchen but his instincts knew the feeling of intentions. Had Katze not told him that day? He understood it despite his muddled state beyond the effects of the cheap alcohol. After seeing Riki for the first time in a while, that was perhaps the first day his head had attained a clarity with things.

Katze smiled, except the coldness of his expressions just changed very little at that. "Everything that is the Black Market has got to do with them. I told you, I want to maintain my position of being able to manipulate everything to keep the peace of their relationship. To maintain it in its unaffected state."

Norris took a seat opposite of the Broker, eyeing the key card and recalling the earlier instructions, but vexed, even by a bit, like a small thorn driven into his mind. He pondered for a few minutes then may have perhaps felt guilt...or sadness. He somehow understood it more.

"That much work huh?" he wondered what Riki had to say, about the change in their lifestyle. Had he foreseen it? Or ordained it? Had he known that this would happen after he had awakened?

Katze had an idea of what might be running in the other mongrel's head, reaching for another cigarette but not lighting that just yet, himself pondering on the fact that since this all started, he had not really been the only one tirelessly at work to achieve the peace in the Jupiter Couple's lives. He was not the only one and was in fact merely the worker this side of the cliff, so to speak, and someone does the counterpart of it on the other end.

The current ties he has developed with the other Blondie, Master Raoul in Eos, made it so that his Master Iason had his right hand in the public spotlight, but had another silently delving into the darker ends of this unstable spectrum.

Katze did not want any more 'complications' and he wanted to put his foot down on the issue, to quell it before anything else occurred.

"As I said, and I will not repeat that again after this, bringing a powerful Blondie into the Slums, even if it's due to his Pet's insistence, is a thing I will not want to do again. Because they are both safer where they are now," he spoke the next lines with much caution, but to Norris it was directed in full, as if to tell him that his loyalties will now belong to the Underground and to him as his employer. Need it not be mentioned it will likewise belong to Neu-Jupiter and his Exclusive. "You will not believe how many enemies a Tanagura Blondie, no, Neu-Jupiter has. Most always it's not just a group of people. At times it's a country that refuses to acknowledge the power of the System.

"I want to tie up loose ends, and not give anyone, and I mean anyone" he pins the mongrel with his apathetic glare "the edge over them both again."

That look was something the other knew well. It was a look that said it all, threat included, that if he would be that said loose end, it would be easy for someone like Katze here to take care of. He didn't care of Bison really. This 'Boss' of his only cared to fulfill his role and responsibility.

"Then I move here?"

"Good. You catch on quick."

There went the flame and the usual puff of smoke blown past his lips, Katze crossing his legs and relaxing even more into his seat. A figurative representation, of the comfort he feels to be in his natural haunt, of the power he holds over Iason's Underground. But there was still one detail he needed to seal in place.

"You need to likewise tell Max to leave Ceres," the final nail to the coffin and the look on Norris' face confirmed to the redhead that he had hit the proper spot. The other should have known by now that it was his business to know this among other details. "Isn't he a mechanic or something of the sort? One of my senior mechanics had retired recently. Bring him in with you and see me tomorrow. I may need his expertise."


The faceless agent had seen Katze walking off from the office later into the day, followed by a familiar face whom he later distinguished to be Norris, Norris whom he had not seen since that day. The latter looked confused and unsettled, or was that disbelief? Like his expression when he had likewise been brought here.

So Bison would be taken cared of. Does Riki know? But he had not wanted to ask nor was he intending to make any further contact with them. He was aiming it to be so that any remnants of him in their lives would cease to exist. Because having him in their midst will only disturb things once more. This Katze had made him aware of and he was not about to ruin it for Norris.

Guy had caught the redhead's stare from where the latter had paused on the lower level, his new face looking down at the Broker as Katze simply nodded and, without meeting his stare for long, took his leave towards his waiting Aircar.

'Swear to secrecy. Swear to me. Know this, your life belongs to the Underground now.'

That may as well be the same vow Norris had now sworn himself into. A vow into such a dangerous game.

Even for them it was now a hazard and they were the small pieces on the board that would be either secured or destroyed. Katze had their lives on the line and that in itself should be frightening although Guy had only briefly pondered on it.

He was more attuned to the loneliness this experience had left him all this time, this void inside his soul more than the sum of his rational fears.


Near nightfall and at the end of the day.

Riki was seen moving across the room to meet the waiting Aircar at port, all notification and formalities settled as Katron promptly pulled up the side door for him, the entourage ready for this last minute trip the Pet care scheduled on a whim. Though he wondered briefly, noticing something arguably different about the design of this vehicle he was to go into, looking at the extended length, the seeming compartment behind.

It was apparent that there were no Droid Carriers either. Just him, the Furniture...and this sudden unsettling feeling that seemed to gloom about.

"Is anything of the matter, Master Riki?"

The Exclusive could not place a finger on it but the grimace on his face was clear enough. His eyes turned to Katron who had that beaming glow as per his usual, the gentle butler of the Palace, but something was off wasn't it? What was this feeling he was getting? Had something fluctuated in the System somewhere?

Riki scowled. He frowned and shook his head at the notion. "Master?" But then in a moment, everything was fine again, and the look on Katron's face assured him that there was nothing to worry about.

"Ah never mind. Let's go Kat. I shouldn't keep Norris waiting."

As obediently as was expected, he slipped into the confines of the transport for his scheduled visit, releasing that breath he did not notice but had held for a while, dismissing the earlier premonition to be a part of the tension he was feeling as his Coming Out drew nearer.

Maybe it was that.

Maybe it was just his nerves getting the best of him?

Or was it a foreshadowing?

Of the secrets actually being kept from him?

Chapter Text

The days of maintenance Katron can recall rather very clearly. Alongside other things including those he was instructed with while he lay on the examination bed getting scanned for internal bodily irregularities. Apparently he was of healthy shape, save that there is some issue with the shifting controls of what Katze refers to as their 'other selves'.

Those other deathly personas inside all the Trinity Furniture could be triggered by so little a stimuli. A feature that could prove fatal, no less, a sporadic hazard to the House of Iason Mink, should this malfunction. Like during the first time of his awakening that night at the Pet Auction. He had been strained so much. He had not returned to what was considered 'normal' that Katze was twice cagey.

Katron remembered the close monitoring to the point of restraints, drugs pumped into his body to ease his tensing nerves. He was becoming destructive, his first taste of carnage becoming such an influence, like an aphrodisiac to some unwanted repercussions. Who knew what could have happened if he had actually been allowed to set foot into his Masters' Palace at the time?

Thus the redhead had instructed them all to practice in earnest. To use their unorthodox graces in their everyday lives that way they get a better handle. The reason why the Triplets had been even more efficient, in truth scary from one point to another. They would be seen stalking around with their switches on, scaling heights and meeting heavy challenges in the guardianship and maintenance of the Palace at Eos II with relative skill.

Every now and then, they would hunt as well, but only to what was allowed of their programming, prompting them to do a few things unbeknownst to the common Furniture and away from the honour of their Household. Also that their urges were constantly suppressed, including the sometimes surfacing sexual excitement that to them translates into the raw savagery of a kill.

To bury the impulse, Neu-Jupiter even had their memories erased, as done particularly during that Dark Day when they had put their mouths on the Pet of the House themselves. A sudden forgetfulness alongside the Sexaroid-like triggers. Riki does not seem bothered by it though he recalls the incident from time to time with a blush on his face...

There was also something more to their 'design'. That something Katze had extracted during the last maintenance to hand over to his Blondie counterpart for the completion of a very sensitive experiment. Katron could not recall what it is though. Somehow it had been a siren's song ringing in his head but the notes and lyrics to it had been blurred like murky waters.

Right after the session, he had totally forgotten that it even was there.

"Katron?" Riki had stared at his companion for the longest time without the other noticing. They had strayed again around Midas, but this time cut the venture short and headed for the Undergrounds instead to pick up a friend.

The Furniture had drifted somehow along the way: "I'm sorry Master. I seem to be out of sorts."

"Was the last maintenance troublesome?" there was genuine worry on his face that the Trinity Alpha could not help but smile a little. "Nothing really Master." He had denied it outright. "It may just be the effect of the medicine they had used on us. It's not anything out of the ordinary however so please put your mind at ease."


Elsewhere, the growing burden of Neu-Jupiter's demands were causing even a talented Biochemist like Raoul to doubt himself. After seeing Katze's notes however, he had began to ponder on the way he had been approaching the matter of Iason's requests.

Banking on the opportunity to regain his prior composure, he all but went to work immediately, tying several loopholes to his earlier attempts closed. While inside he had been mentally infuriated.

If his brother had known all along where the important datum was, why had he allowed him to be running around in circles like a chimera with its head severed? Was this a jest for amusement or a test of his resolve to stay cognizant of the secrets to the old god's Will?

Either way it had rattled him and his convictions, bruised his mighty ego even. Their Neu-Jupiter had such a tendency. It was almost sadistic.

But he will show him.

He will show Iason what he was capable of that he would never doubt him ever again.


The day was more or less agreeable. Norris had met up with Riki, and the latter could not have really asked for anything more. The change of fortune seemed to have suited the other very well and he was glad to have found him in this state. The other mongrel had said it himself after all, that he was rather happy to have been given a purpose nowadays rather than rotting in the continuously degenerating clutches of the Slums.

"The life of a derelict has run out of its novelty I guess," was the first thing that he had confessed in fact and this was not boasting. "I like this job more. It gets my hands dirty in a good way."

Riki could tell that Norris was relieved, as he was, though some sensitive things did come up while they were having their conversation. There was always talk of the old gang. This was unavoidable however thankfully at the moment it was more bearable. Probably because the thoughts of it they had no longer needed to shoulder alone. They had each other to share it with.

"I visited the grave," said Norris. "I like what you did there. I think he'd be happy too."

It was nothing. It was nothing compared to the long years of camaraderie even as he had changed before their very eyes. Riki wished he could have done more, but was there a need for it? It does not change the fact that he had been gone a year. He was put in a situation that he had no other path to take. Sometimes he had believed this was the road for him. Well, he did believe it...that he was not meant to be there when it all happened.

The best he could do now was make amends. For past things he knew he could not undo but learn from. For past things that he could no longer erase...

The view of Gadens' Main facility at a distance was stunning. Riki had not believed that there was even such a place. Was this Katze's newest project? When had it been completed? Knowing whom he worked for, surely this was an idea Iason had approved if not designed.

Rather beneficial and the Exclusive could not help but smile to himself. He gave his friend a pat on the back. Well done to them both, it meant supposedly...

Katron had been silently standing at the distance to afford the two their peace, but keeping a watchful eye ever so often upon his PVT and the surroundings before he sighed to himself. The Lord of the Palace's plans. There were too many. Besides the Coming Out, there was that trip to Cerberus that he had intended, among other details.

Preparations needed. Defensive. Issues having to be addressed on all levels. The Furniture of Master Iason Mink had so much work to be done. If he had been anywhere 'normal' as normal would be for the general standards, he would have degraded to insanity.

This was no work meant for common Furniture. But this was not the case wasn't it? He was anything but that. Thus it was highly expected of him to perform beyond his capabilities and limits. Looking at his Master Riki, he had reason to push even the hardest boundary aside.

The PVT blinked.

Half his mind was attuned to the conversation he was likewise monitoring even from this distance. "We could put in on a separate date," that other mongrel was suggesting smilingly of future plans. His Master only laughed in amusement.

Katron took his sights to the synthetic skies suddenly and saw what he had been waiting for, gazing anxiously at his device although his face maintained its serenity.

The Royal Class Carrier had hovered down upon the greener grass of Gadens' private park, one which surrounded the main of the location like a moat to a stately castle. Norris had that curious look upon his face as he stroked his chin in thought, Riki likewise looking perplexed, the gust that had followed the transport's descent blasting his hair back off of his forehead.

"Were you expecting someone Riki?"

The Pet shrugged, a hand falling to his hip as he scowled, Katron smiling merely as behind him the said Carrier finished its landing with a hum, blasting warm air and debris further about, ruffling everything including those present. Two escort cars had stayed in flight above them in circles. Hawks or vultures neither be and more adequately equipped. Katron had that solemn look again. Which was a giveaway basically as to who had arrived.

True enough, the image of the being that had Riki's heart skipping beats came to view, followed by the usually reluctant form of his best friend. Even sporting the Sapphires' colour, the physique and sculpt of this god could not be denied, and the Exclusive all but stepped forward to meet it boldly.

"Iason? What are you two doing here? I thought I'd be meeting with you at Eos?"

Iason tossed a question to Katron first, the latter bowing in respect, his hand to his chest in a formal gesture, "Am I on time Katron? "

"To the nanosecond Master.

"Good evening Master Raoul…" said the Furniture, turning to the other Blondie and acknowledging his superior status with the same servitude. Riki frowned at him. He had that same gaze cast towards the Trinity Alpha too: "You knew about this?"

Iason was already chuckling, pulling his Pet into his embrace, nuzzling in his offering of a kiss. His dark datavisor notwithstanding, his gaze pierced through with its own warm touch, as if seeing this creature he now held in his arms every day and making love to him every night, did not suffice. He missed him all the time.

"He was not at fault love. Thought we'd start our date differently this time," went his smilingly and tenderly whispered apology.

Riki had tossed Norris a glance over his shoulder, the other shrugging as if to say he did not have a clue either, but it was amusing him to no end how Riki could draw the powerful here. Both the willing and not. This may be the first time he had seen another Blondie, Raoul sweeping his satiny locks over a shoulder to let it drape over. He had not even disguised himself. He was a proud golden brat and he was not going to deny himself.

Riki frowned all the more, "Differently how?" To which the Biochemist only shook a head with his usual manner of disapproval.

Katron had by this time circled the carrier and was opening the storage compartment built into the vehicle, pulling from within it something familiar to his Master Riki but the other former member of Bison had noticed first. 

Norris' face brightened. "Rad ride!" and bolted to join Katron as he eased the sleek Airbike to the fore, giving him a hand.

The Furniture looked out-of-place with the beast, although impressively he was already directing the machine's weight in full before he had received the help.

"Hey Riki, this is a Neu edition! Damn beauty," his friend whistled. "Sweet!"

He need not have pointed. Riki had straddled one of these the last time, riding it through traffic with Iason chasing behind him. Then straddling it again the night fully naked while the Blondie had tied him down to its handles, thrusting powerfully into him as punishment for driving off.

The thought brought a promising red tint to his face. Did his lover really keep this ride to remind him of these things? But then every part of the Palace was a reminder. Where had they not done it yet? He ended up scowling at the Blondie who all but kissed him on the temple, reading his thoughts and whispering teasingly into his Pet's flushed ear, "Let's see how fast we can go shall we?"

Raoul was ever indignant though has accepted that he could not do anything about this insanity. Not from the first time Iason had picked up Riki on the streets of Lhassa, and certainly not now.

It did not stop him from commenting however, "You are really out of your mind. What member of the Elite goes around on Airbikes?"

Iason chuckled in response, "Shouldn't you be someplace today Raoul?"

At that the other Blondie rolled his eyes and tossed his hand up in resignation, clicking his tongue in repulsion, his natural reactions to his brother's whimsies showing. "I'm going... You're on your own Sapphire," he had pointed an accusing finger, turning a heel with a swish of his cape to tread on the soft grass back into the interior of the Carrier. He was just here to chaperone. Iason was being a brat again.

The superior Blondie watched as the Biochemist ordered the door shut, the Transport with its smooth drone and a gust of wind lifting from their midst, taking time to raise his gloved hand to shield Riki's eyes from the blades of grass that had been blown about rather violently by it, pulling his Exclusive to his chest to further enwrap him.

He had that small satisfied smile. He just got away with murder, Riki groaned like, "We're cruising?"

Norris was still admiring the machine, checking the specs Katron had showed him on his PVT, occasionally nodding in approval. Airbikes were part of their lives. A staple if you could mention it.

"I will head on back home, Masters, to make the necessary preparations for your return," the chat had to be cut short though. Katron had his obligations and their own waiting Aircar to direct. Norris took the hint too as Neu-Jupiter nodded, "Very good."

"Well...looks like I need to make my exit," said his friend, addressing Riki with a smile, pocketing his hands before bowing his head to the Blondie in disguise. "Nice to see ya again Boss Master." He tipped his head down.

"Hope work is treating you well?" the Blondie and his pleasantries. It's amusing to know that even someone so cold can be civil. "It's great. Really. I'm thankful," the former Bison grinned, turning again to Riki with a wink, "Well, don't let us keep you." To which Katron agreed.


He has perhaps seen Iason on every possible kind of transportation, including flashier sports and limousines that stood out in every crowd or red-carpet gathering, but the last time he has seen his lover on an Airbike, that...that was a total turn-on. He doesn't even know the other could drive one, except maybe he could as easily he could figure everything out.

"Come now Pet," Iason beckoned from where he had already straddled the sleek, massive ride, looking rather extra dashing under blue locks, adjusting his datavisor to become a lighter transparent though the shade was same, complementing the smoothness of his tight yet fiercely casual riding clothes. Riki silently smiled, in much admiration.

"Yum," Norris whispered with a chuckle. "Go on. Get scarce."

Bison perhaps felt that they should have been more protective of Riki. Maybe that was the reason why they had gone with Guy's plans to trail him to the world beyond their own. But if they had only known how whatever Fate intended for this to happen, they would not have needed to.

Riki, who's proven that even love between elites and mongrels can be possible as long as you both persisted, had reached heights never heard of, changed history itself and had risen victorious over quite a number of challenges that it was harder now to imagine that he had once been part of the Slums. At that very moment, the sight of him only galvanized the fact that he belonged quite suitingly in the arms of someone as powerful as Iason Mink.

There was no longer anything to worry about.

Norris waved him off with a cheer. Seeing how happy he was, was there going to be any doubts? Silently watching as the Airbike lifted off, the definite sound of its powerful engine, revving like the best of musical pieces, in the capable control of the Blondie masquerading as a Sapphire.

An elite all the same. The mongrel could not help but feel fuzzy somehow. Especially with the way the Man had cast his head back to kiss his prized lover now perched behind him. Very affectionate. In its own way very subtle and pure…

Yet it reminded him of many things. Memories that clouded his eyes with tears. How they used to be whole, the image of them all, Guy with his Airbike zooming out to speed with whom it was that used to be his boyfriend and their leader holding lovingly onto his waist. Then Luke, Sid...even Kiri...

Things that were vivid in his thoughts and which made the heavy heart sink. All in the past though. Riki was obviously happier, even worst that perhaps the other no longer brings these memories to mind. Maybe that year has him totally forgetting what had gone on before.

Could Norris blame him? He himself tried to drown it all had he not? He would have chosen to forget them too.

"See you around Kat," the former Bison member nodded to the Furniture, turning to his own way, wondering if the other had noticed.

How he was still obviously crying about it...

Chapter 58: Storia Apat, the Exclusives' List

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

There was one year in history that Tanagura was silent. One year enough when Jupiter's control was inexplicably missing, masked off to hide the dismal fact that in truth his reign had indeed already ended, stunted by the behavior of one of the elites he favoured too much.

Then came the unexpected developments of so many new city-states that the Capital was finding it hard to suppress them, city-states which actually blossomed outside and off the planet grounds most during that time, erupting from as small a basic unit as a clan of a few numbers to as large as an economy as those of the building classes led by some lower elites or rich moguls. City-states like Karura and Kryon and Amarea, borne out of Jupiter's absence.

Having taken to a similar path of independence, these now clustered colonies, metropolises that they had styled themselves to be, loiter the surrounding land areas of Amoi. Amoi the planet that despite admitting to be a 'No Man's Land' before its ancestors made planet-fall and cultivated its grounds, now stands as a beacon of luxury and progress within the Garan Star System, to be frequented, but feared. Most of the time envied.

Now these said city-states are obvious parasites to the structure of Tanagura.

To avoid being slung to a similar fate as Ceres, they had sought other ways to somehow make certain that they would achieve a separation but ironically still linger close to the palms of the Capital, unconsciously afraid that straying too far might mean depletion of valued resources, of goods and commodities otherwise only found in Tanagura. They had somehow led themselves to believe, like a lost madman, that this was indeed true separation when all they ever did was expose their timid impregnability. That in the face of the planet's natural behavior they were naive as babes.

Unlike Tanagura. It had seen and will see everything...

Annoyingly though, some had taken it upon themselves to open up channels of talk with the Commonwealth,the same disguising itself as the patronizing 'Federation', that had at some point during the year of Jupiter's disappearance, crept their way almost into the stronghold of the Capital, befriending the Blondies while investigating the somehow unusual state of the caste noticed by these leeches.

They had even offered an alliance of friendship. Remember the Auction attack that they had apologized profusely for, that they had been present but had not foreseen it to defend the Jupiter Couple, yet everything had no connection to them whatsoever. Or is it that it was connected and they had unwittingly revealed their hand on the matter?

No matter for now. Thankfully, none of the Blondies gave way, keeping to themselves, and maintaining as much normalcy as they can, hoping that their old god had not deserted them. Though this had caused certain chaos to ensue. The defects of the elites began to show as some programmed standards deteriorated. As some hunger was emphasized in members that had began a ridiculous aim for power, post and importance, among other things.

Tanagura became introverted. It was slowly collapsing upon itself, allowing certain forces and even its originating roots to infect it, some openings to exploitation bursting like a pestilence albeit subtly. Up until Iason Mink, Jupiter's Prodigal Son, had returned to chastise it and rectify what had been damaged.

Call it the perfect timing. His return could not have been perfect.

The one that had been named Jupiter of Old was still Tanagura's god after all.


They had gone ahead of their convoy and landed somewhere close by one of Tanagura's current expansion projects, an extension of the Aerospace Port to be called the Galeo Hub, from where exclusive flights to what Iason has explained to be Cerberus, the still being constructed Resort Satellite a moon outside of Amoi, will soon be made available.

As he sat then, leaning against the resting AirBike, the superior Blondie could already imagine the crowds that will be flocking this way rather than the traditional haunt of the standard Aerospace Port. Because aside from the state-of-the-art launch ways and propulsion systems, they had also proceeded to construct a multi-starred hotel diving even downward into Ocean.

There was also a gambling strip of some fifty floors half-submerged as well, and an entertainment section complementary to that. It will serve its purpose, and will draw in business while the patrons wait for their turn to fly first class to Cerberus to spend even more there.

Arms crossed, his eyes wandered upwards, having viewed all that he could of the current progress of the construction and agreeing to the pace, congratulating his fellow Blondies for the success and execution of his plans according to the Will. Not that he had expected less. Any brother of his should always be beyond that.

Although at the moment he was busier admiring the scenery, of his Riki trained upwards for an even better vantage of the project, his dark feathers catching the wind but only slightly ruffled, the dips and angulation of those protrusions to best streamline the air definitely already instinctual at this point.

He beckoned to Riki, imploring him in a warmer voice to come down. Something the other eventually did but not without first winding lower, in a spiral circling Iason like a bird of prey before fully but gently falling, received into those waiting arms. A kiss pressed to his temple.

He did love these wings. He loved flight, speed, precision...danger like a mongrel should. Like him as a Mongrel would. This was freedom to an elevated degree. He perhaps had loved it more. After all, Riki, though hailing from such rotting origins was what one would call a 'free man' no matter if he was devoid of identity and civilization there in the catastrophe called the Slums.

It was only by Iason's impositions that he had been rendered a prisoner. That fact still stood out even in Exclusivity.

The Pet moved to rest a head on the Blondie's chest, casting his eyes over the area from ground level this time, blinking the dryness left by the winds above out of his obsidian eyes. Impressive, this, Tanagura's comeback. How many places had they been to where Neu-Jupiter was showing off? Quite the number that Riki had lost count. Iason had wasted no time to once again cement their supremacy upon the fickle and most traitorous face of Amoi.

With a silence, he folded his wings in and relaxed his tired muscles, decorated feathers sweeping up in volumes behind him, the black diamonds reflecting a gleam of grandeur. The Pet had gotten stronger. He could see himself fly endlessly almost and, in an unconscious sense, so could Iason who had wondered countless times as to why the other had not done so already. Pet Ring or no, there definitely was something else that held this being to him. Love or devotion. Both perhaps? He is still in the process of understanding it himself in this new body.

Gloved fingers reached to thread through those feathers, lifting a section of them to his lips and kissing there. Such nightly plumules. They were a stark contrast to the light of the day. A literal shock. And despite being massive, they were utterly so lightweight and somehow capable of lengthening at will.

"Beautiful," and that all the same, the Academy trying their best to replicate it to no avail. Good that they had failed, yet hearing the endless groans of aggravation coming from labs like Keeler and from Raoul himself were both amusing and irksome.

"You have these but you never use them," Riki smiled, giving voice to a curiosity.

The top Blondie responded as fact, "Somehow I find them impractical."

"Never thought a Blondie would prefer having his feet on the ground."

There. The corner of Iason's lips made the barest curve of a smile.

"Are we trying to insinuate something?"

The Pet shrugged his shoulders. In a usual manner, he had further folded his wings, tucking them into his body, some loose feathers falling about as a result of the safekeeping, Riki turning, resting his back against the Blondie.

Iason's hand traveled his navel and rested upon one of his hips as that arm snaked about the smaller yet well-sculpted form pressed to him. Again, a few gentle kisses as they both watched the drifting scenery, a touch of wind sending his seemingly endless sea of golden locks in sway. He had taken off his visor and it had shrunk visibly, encapsulating itself that it was easily tucked into a compartment on his person.

The convoy sure are taking their time. Had they gotten lost? That was doubtful. His Master might have done something to effect their arrival. They might have been instructed off for a while, which he was not complaining about as he merely thread finders with that hand.

Neu-Jupiter was in a contemplative mood ad Riki observed his facial features making the smallest of outward indication of what his mind was currently thinking.

He did sigh and started when it had gotten quiet, "Hey say Iason...what's that?"

The Exclusive had pointed towards a shadow. Something massive that was looming over a section of Ocean behind the presence of quite a volume of low-lying clouds further off the construction site. It had appeared like a phantasm, with only the outline and majority shade revealing it to be anything. Yet in all this it could have been no more than invisible, playing with the lack of clear distinction from this distance. It had piqued his interest enough that he just had to ask. He had seen it above earlier.

The Blondie indulged. "That would be Kryon."

"Kryon?"

It was not uncommon knowledge that during the times that Tanagura had no ruling god, several city-states had decided to pack their bags and try their luck at autonomy. Kryon, a floating fortress basically made up of private military cluster pods and ships, had been among the first to decide like on the matter, though unlike Karura, it had not cut off its ties completely from the Capital. On the contrary, it had become an enterprise, trading with Tanagura to maintain its own self-sustainability.

They had been after all manner of essential technologies for a while now. There are doubts that they might have succeeded in 'borrowing' some, but this was yet unverified. Kryon had been aloof to investigation. They remained upon their flying castle while tossing deals all over the place to earn their credits.

"One of the recently developing city-states that had mushroomed the year we were asleep. More like a military coup waiting to happen. They deal with manufacturing arms for war, at least for other city-states incapable of our more expensive suits, those in the commercial gutters so to speak. One of the families that started their constitution was after all from that line of work before its hailed liberty from Tanagura."

"A good strategy to avoid dereliction if you ask me," the Exclusive had never routinely heard Iason talk of business directly, but he had been in those meetings with the other elites previous, had worked in the Black Market before, and had been exposed to this side of the sterile city that it came as no surprise.

Tanagura had its multiple secrets. They were the benefactors of many forbidden if not taboo trades like the Organ Farms and Pets...Guardian and its Furniture. This was no shock at all and Riki would not act startled in the face of what he already knew.

Despite being truly lovers, this did not mean Iason would change his stripes any time sooner. Morality still had no place in this System even to that of Neu-Jupiter. If it had been anything, it had only been doubly severe now that there was free reign to the Blondie Class, to the superior of them himself. Thus he would not expect his own to be in any form a humanitarian. Syndicate would still be Syndicate. The Black Market, the Black Market. Tanagura as Tanagura. Everything else will conform to that, as mandatory, or fall off.

Everything Iason understood. He knew what Riki most always pulled these reactions from. In truth, if not for having learnt it in past mistakes, the new city-states would be run to rut like Ceres had been. A preventive which was a good move, but history will repeat itself. And that would be where they will come in to play the right cards.

The governing class of Amoi will undertake anything that puts even more money and power into its pockets. Dealing with these 'independent cities' was no different. His Exclusive need not know the strategies of it although the top Blondie was aware that he would easily figure it out.

He switched their places. This talk was depressing as it stands and he did not want to have that. Iason leaned Riki against the Airbike.

"What are you doing?"

The obvious answer came as his lips kissed those words gone, tongue delving deeper than he should, loving the way his new body performed. It was wholly organic but no at the same time. It was now made up of something beyond programming and functions, of synthetics that he need not worry of giving freedom to instincts that he himself was rediscovering. And to this, Riki was also a blessing. Never will another body respond to him especially like so. Cut to fit him, tailor-made. He can be utterly drunk of this fact as often as he wished it.

Here come the protests, "Hey...we are still outside Iason! H-Hey!"

Despite attempting to push him off, there was really no true effort, the Blondie resting his hands on either side of his Pet, leaning them both so impossibly closer to the machine that the Exclusive was remembering things. Like how this had been the very stance he was set upon after that hasty race.

A trouble that he was heating up. Iason knew where to direct his attacks and he was somewhat smoldering into them. It was obvious.

"A little touch and you burst into flames. Such a phoenix," the top Blondie teased in whispers, nibbling at that ear, a hand wandering to front over the bulge of his Pet's sex and rubbing there, squeezing, kneading it in a manner familiar most to Riki.

The Pet had moaned out, gripping the arms that had now trapped him, the Man wedging himself comfortably between his legs that there was no escape. The Exclusive was torn between his own bodily desires and a flight response, a common circumstance that Iason could put him quickly onto. Within minutes, he was already panting, whimpering as that organ definitely hardened in retort, sinister the intentions of the Blondie and he was not about to conclude.

"We should condition you for the public view. After all, your Masquerade will be soon, my love."

There was still that issue.

They will be coupling soon in that shameless manner, though the showcase was going to be made exclusive to the Twelve of the Council only. As to why, Riki had his idea especially after hearing that the venue would be set up in Jupiter's Tower.

"A-aahh...haahh...Iason...we shouldn't!"

Neu-Jupiter quelled the remonstration with more of his fierce kisses, biting down a portion of shoulder to elicit another passionate yelp from his Exclusive, licking the spot and his lips after, "But I insist…"

Notes:

Yuri here! Yes, a new chapter and the Fourth Storia. Things will be getting more interesting right about here.

Also, as per request, I will be fleshing out that juicy smex scene against the Airbike on the next chapter.

Now, to find the draft. /happy humming

Chapter Text

Orphe had stormed through the room with that cold yet obvious frustration on his face, frowning as Iason turned to cast him a calm yet questioning look, Neu-Jupiter certainly wondering why his brother had suddenly just burst in through the doors without as much as an announcement, the other already pinning him down with narrowed eyes.

"Do we have business to attend to?" asked the superior Blondie as he put a light pen to virtual paper and signed it, dealing with a few other documents floating within all the virtual screens he had cared pull up.

Already he had a venerable curtain of them projected about, somewhat obscuring his form and casting gleam after faithful gleam upon his straight face. He looked to be glowing, hallowed like a saint. The other Blondie however seemed to be not at all nonplussed.

The lack of concern in that voice in fact only seemed to make things worse as Orphe rather callously tossed another of those said screens to the pile, pulling it out into projection, breaking in through whatever it was that Iason had been working on to hover before him, stretching to an ample enough visibility.

"Explain to me how that happened?"

Orphe snapped and Iason swore he could almost see him fuming. Which was amusing. For his brothers to display such change, something must have indeed struck the inner nerve of their personalities since the last time he had been aware. Which puts it to wonder: had the old god also tampered with anyone else for the fulfillment of his Will? The other Blondies seemed to have evolved. Ah, it was another mystery for later...

Tanagura's top Blondie came to scrutinize the screen, a page of some non-acknowledged tabloid displaying, noting first off the really poor and definitely overstretched quality of the lone image that stood out in its most recent article, looking to be a shot that had been taken really far off, hazy at the edges and all over, not much clearer to be seen except… Iason doubled…except he can actually recognize who it was that was being spied upon by the tabloid's current issue.

As a matter of fact it was him, evidenced by the wind-swept golden tresses and form, revving an Airbike at full speed, ironically enough with, as he had immediately figured, his Pet, conveniently lounged before him on the machine while they traveled.

Riki had sat bridal style, partly over his Master's own lap, arms thrown around Iason's neck and nuzzling close. His legs were crossed over, but it was undeniable that he had been naked the waist down, as the image revealed part of his side without even the trace of a brief or thong on.

This made Neu-Jupiter laugh instantly. To Orphe's immediate dismay however that he raised his gloved fingers to massage the malady of a headache that had struck him just as quickly, just wanting to begin with the chastisement and begin he did, moving forward to scold his brother.

"Do not think so lightly of this Iason! Are you mad!?"

Neu-Jupiter leaned back against his massive seat, smiling apologetically, but obviously still amusing himself with the hidden shot of them taken, "You are right. I am at the wrong here." He traced Riki's curves discreetly with his eyes, appreciating the complete aesthetics of them even at this blurry state. "We had gone to see the expansion project and things had happened," he explained. "I assure you, everything was entirely fine."

"You coupled in public," the other Blondie had corrected. "Out in the open, Iason. In plain view that citizens could take such an image of you without you being aware!"

This was where Orphe was mistaken. While on that day he did indulge in some outside coition, he had also made certain that the vicinity was free of sightseers, that, even deploying the drones and security when at last they had arrived, he had in fact cordoned the area so he may better enjoy his Exclusive's embarrassed reactions.

The image was a mere chanced capture, something that had been taken after the real revelry had ensued, and while they were already heading home. Although of course Riki had been naked indeed. It was also the Blondie's doing. Things had somehow led from one to another during that said excursion and he could just not help himself. He never wanted to help himself around the Pet.

Still to Orphe this was unacceptable. The preservation of Iason Mink's image was his job as well, which he does with a diligence and a fastidiousness akin to none. Yet how could he do what he must when the the top Blondie was now keener to making a mockery of it all and not at all regretting from the looks of it?

"You should not have to be told what you can and cannot do. There are many who would take this as an opportunity to catch us unprepared," his Chief Operations Officer had marched before him, delving head on into the aspects of safety, of protocol, of keeping him and, yes, his Riki safe.

The only person to ever be contesting this is Iason himself, always has and maybe always will, and it unbelievably was taxing everyone to some degree.

But oh what would he say once he learns their Neu-Jupiter had gone to the Slums in secret only recently to indulge his Pet? There were those other times, albeit they had been kept under the radar as well.

"You must not put yourself in such danger.

"Beyond the scandal this image brings, it is a fact that you had been outside without any protecting entourage.

"How many expeditions had you taken that I had not known of?"

As if Neu-Jupiter dare tell him. Plenty. To count. Iason had been rumoured to move on his own on many an occasion, but of course those were his secrets to keep like he always did. Although the last one into Dana-Burn by himself was astonishingly the most catastrophic.

Iason never seems to have learned his lesson. He will only perhaps survive and live from that type of situation once.

Had he not thought that there would be no other Jupiter to rescue him like that one last time?


The day previous.

The protests always went on, even as he had already succeeded in getting him to this point, and would perhaps succeed in getting him to do anything henceforth. The top Blondie could only smile.

"Spread your legs Pet. I cannot see."

Naked from the waist down, stripped or more or less Iason had tore through his pants savagely at his refusal earlier, Riki was now straddling the Airbike again, this time, his hands held up behind his head, glaring daggers at the Blondie who stood idly by, the latter's arms crossed and looking at his helpless state.

His length now lay against the machine, rendered solid by an earlier bout of self-pleasure on command, hot meeting the cool surface of the very ride they had taken to here. Reminiscent of that session after he had ran off last time, being taught his lesson for that deliberate escape. His muscles in a similar fashion flexed and tensed, skin slick of sweat as he panted, swallowing hard, the watcher's eyes on him not at all helping to quench the flames.

He growled out, "B-Bastard."

Iason merely smirked in amusement, "The pleasure of Neu-Jupiter's Pet is exclusive to my own. Was that not in the Guidelines of your Covenant with me?"

Of all the embarrassing things he was asked to do, this may be on the impromptu list of his lover's undoubtedly many quirks, creative being a relative to the sometimes cruel yet oddly satisfying way he always has him handled.

To say Iason knew Riki well was a misgiving. More than him knowing how the Pet behaved under these circumstances, he was aware of his lover's many hidden openings. Openings which he himself had left purposely on his body, to attack with calculated instinct when needed to leave the other yearning.

The more the Pet was left wanting, the better, his tactics working to such an advantage that Riki would never respond similarly to anyone else.

The Mongrel whined, "No fair" as every bit of friction against his rod was sparking in him an appetite that was bordering dangerous.

Already he could feel his anus contract, lusting for attention, pre-cum dribbling down the honeying mouth of his cock to smear on the machine, leaving erotic trails visible in this light.

All this was becoming rather excruciating, being trapped on his toes and exposed on all fronts, the slightest shifts doing him no favours. Even the wind as it blew about. Its caress only heated his thighs and he had tightened all over, the sensation crawling gooseflesh up his skin.

"I believe you need to move now?" the Blondie had pushed to saunter towards his Exclusive, a finger tracing the Airbike's curves leading to the mound where Riki's length lay.

That same finger traced up over the slit to spread what fluid had escaped or stopper it, making the latter gasp, biting down on a lip. Iason repeated the movement and watched his Pet's expressions shift. This was throwing him further into need.

"I want you to remember me even while you ride." To which Riki only further melted, weakening before he had to collect himself in an attempt to not fall over.

His own fingers dug down his hair to strengthen what resolve there was. The top Blondie beginning to toy with him first by a few pumps before squeezing down to the base where his Pet Ring likewise was, snug securely around his flesh.

Iason started to tease Riki, turning on the the D-Type to a low hum, the delicious vibration sending a mild pleasure coursing through its wearer's spine, the immediate effects making his Exclusive even more pliant and obedient, moans escaping lips as Riki felt himself perk up all over, to shivers and shudders.

"Move my Pet," the Blondie had ordered in a seductive whisper, nibbling on a lobe.

Riki reluctantly obliged, nodding hesitantly as his Master's breath warmed him, holding on to what he can as he began to push himself forward and back, sliding over the machine to alleviate the sudden added heat that assaulted his senses, his rock hard penis and the balls that came with it contracting with excitement.

More protests came, although he was already moving his hips to the pace, Iason's fingers reaching up to play with his nipples, tugging and rolling the fleshly buds. The Pet almost fell over, if not for the last remains of will still holding him in place.

"Hngg...what if…ahhnnn- What if someone sees? That would do, hnnng... real well with your rep."

He can still even manage sarcasm at this point. Such wit.

"You know no one will come," Iason pinned his argument down, galvanizing the fact with more tugs to his flesh, a hand wandering to ease his curves. "I also had scanned the area as you had. Don't lie to me."

This was true. They have been keeping themselves isolated all throughout, not only one but the other taking turns in watch. Some process of interfacing now more or less usual that it was automatic. Riki would not get out of this one.

"I'll dirty the Airbike!"

"Wasn't that issue already settled the last time this has happened?" came Neu-Jupiter's sweet retort, in itself a sugary teasing. "Faster. Are you not wanting release?"

Riki was already growing frustrated. His hips had long already defied him, quickening to hump the machine in aims of cumming, at some point fumbling even that his stamen had bent and bowed, the sudden spring to its head driving him insane.

The evidence of his lusting was spotting all over their ride, fresh white and sticky pools beading across the metalline surface. But the Pet Ring was keeping him from his ultimate goal, tightening into a stronger vibration at his Master's command, Iason twisting at the controls. The shivers raced down his body, but it stopped right there with no point of egress.

"A-Ahhh! Pervert!" the mongrel stuttered, frustrated. "Let me cum already! I can't take this!"

He felt Iason make a tender squeeze, parting his ass to peek more at his contracting hole.

"Shh...not yet. This is not nearly enough," crooned the Blondie. "Look here. Aren't you too eagerly expecting something?"

He inserted but only the ball of two fingers into Riki, the rendered looseness giving heed and parting in avidity as his digits explored. The latter gasped hard and almost fell over once more, the movement causing a shock of pleasure to dart in like deep stabs into his being, more so when the said fingers did invade him totally and began to slide over his prostate, ramming that repeatedly. He would have cummed if not due the stifling of the Pet Ring.

"F-Fuck!" he panted out in pleading, drool dribbling from the corner of his mouth.

"Did I ask of you to stop?"

"Ia -aaahhh!" the Pet could only growl, those fingers slamming into him again with such violence that his head spun.

Realizing he had been stuck onto a standstill, he moved again in response to his Master's indirect demand, this time impaling himself onto Iason's fingers, meeting the thrusts with moans ripped deeply from him as the Blondie's motions all but hit the right spot inside of him. The way his hole had suckled about those digits was an open invitation, something even an organic brain understood given the right synapse.

Finally Iason gave in, straddling the bike himself to bend Riki over, pushing him down, releasing his larger member to impale his Pet completely in one fierce stroke, replacing fingers with something quite larger in comparison without warning.

"A-ah! Shit!" The pet hissed at the difference, to Iason's amusement, arching as he cried out.

To his annoyance however, the Blondie did not move, which earned the Man a glare over one shoulder from the Pet.

"What, are you expecting me to do everything?" such wanton arrogance particular to Neu-Jupiter.

Riki had no choice. With his own aching erection squeezed between and his body that was pretty much dying to receive such undulated pleasure, add that to Iason touching him all over once more, those fingers running up his sides to play at his nipples, he had no other choice.

Doing the next most instinctual thing, he braced himself and ground back against the Blondie's heated cock, repeating the movement, ever helplessly as he impaled himself at an angle over and over, that hardness impossibly larger but he was accommodating it, the feel of being so completely stretched out and owned turning him on more.

Fierce sex. Though there was a level of higher make. It was when Iason himself took over that Riki's senses totally blanked into pure animalistic bliss.

The Blondie oversaw the task halfway, pounding the Pet hard down onto the machine that Riki had grabbed onto one of the handles while his other hand grasped upon the slippery surface for support, crying out, his cock grinding on the Airbike and smearing even more of what fluid escaped his length.

He had collapsed forward, but the Blondie had grabbed at his hips and held him in place, securing his quarry to take every inch down to the base sheathed in as he pulsed to a pace. And when that was not enough, he had turned his Pet over to sling his leg over a shoulder, prying that entrance open even more, Riki adjusting to the new position as the thrusts near-violently came, unceasing, climactic.

The Master had the composure to tease while he was totally being messed up, "You seem to like doing it better on an Airbike. See how eager your nether parts are being?"

This was no jest. Riki's muscles were stiffening into the connection, his toes curling to the feeling. And to further drive the point, Iason drove his cock through with one powered shove, penetrating and hitting Riki's weaknesses and sending him to a frenzy of lust-induced moaning.

Their response to each other was well-choreographed, two bodies perfectly entwined in the moment of bliss, of mutual affectation, of want and demands, Riki grabbing hold of what he can as the top Blondie ground into his fleshly orifice, plunging his hardness mercilessly into territory that had long been trained to take his shape. All while fingers danced, the Pet grasping at those golden locks to fist there for support, arching beautifully to the other as Neu-Jupiter's lips suckled down a wet trail, an offered nipple tugged at by teeth and bitten in the heat of the moment.

Iason did little to none vocally, Riki though did nothing to stop himself, making the most immodest sounds as he writhed, owned by such controlled savagery and wild finesse, his earlier embarrassment slipping from his mind.

The rush by which Iason worked the body under him, quaking the Airbike, was telltale. Though utterly composed, he was speedily working his way more and more to his own satisfaction, leaving his marks upon Riki who met his strength marvelously, accustomed to his torments, a wing and two slipping from their confines to mindlessly flutter as he was dragged more and more into the union, the rhythm only getting faster.

Pressed closer to the heady pounding, all lewd noises escaping that even Iason had made a low throaty snarl, his Master had released him from the buzz of the Pet Ring only to replace the feel with his own hand, making Riki scream in passion as he came rather abruptly with that, his semen warm and plenty.

But those possessive fingers stayed rubbing at his cock, squeezing more for its juices.

"Ahh...p-please!" Riki tossed his head.

The top Blondie did not stop. To the Exclusive's somewhat stun, Iason continued to jerk him off, overlapping the Pet's initial cumming with a second hardening between his loins. There was that pleasurable pain as, alongside the tight gripped stroking, Neu-Jupiter kept at his very powerful ramming, shoving his hardness deeply into his beloved, rendering him weaker to the impulse of it all.

He cried out, Iason only using that to bite down hard upon a vein on his neck and leave a reddening mark, Riki clawing to grab fistfuls of his lover's tight clothing as he was pummeled by him without remorse, body arching more, pressing more, begging for more...rushing towards his second fill of heaven at each mad slap of their hips. The climax tore rather violently loose of him, feeling his body slip off if not for Iason keeping him in place, drenching the spaces between them anew.

He was sweating heavily, panting just as heavily, but noted out of the blank haze that although there was a slowing down of the pace, Iason was, and still is, yet to finish.

Again, the pace was picking up, making the Pet's obsidian eyes round before another moan was ripped off him as the motions picked up, "Mr Blondie you are the worst-"

Neu-Jupiter suddenly kissed him, endearingly that it stole both words and wind from his lungs, although he returned this without contrition, repositioning himself against the machine to get comfortable. But unable to do so as Iason lifted him to straddle up, legs parted by the Blondie's own legs, his whole form impaled to the hilt by the massive penis owned by his Master. He choked on a sultry cry.

A moment's respite as the more powerful hand ran up his heaving chest, pinching nipples, grabbing his neck, Riki turning his gaze upward as his Master made him crane it. He was again drowning in sensation. No other being could do this to him…

"That isn't a complaint is it?" when at last some words were found, Iason crushing their lips together once more as the velocity of the tryst once again began to accelerate...

Chapter 60

Notes:

Yuri: Oh hi. I happened to be in the mood today so I got to fleshing out another chapter. I owe it to all those who had stayed reading. And for making this story possible still through lots of support and cheers, especially when I was entirely down.

Thank you my dearies! ^__^

Anyway, I felt like writing a chapter about the Blondies once. Well, the ones that grace my chapters the most often that is. Do enjoy.

Chapter Text

The Department of Genetic Control, the Keeler Laboratories as they had multiplied and been rechristened, now expanding to roll over a depth and size that was both in itself larger and more entirely surreptitious than the Eos Towers, its descending escapes and passages a labyrinth to the lost and a horror all the same to those that may bear witness the so-damned atrocities therein. Unless of course you were an Elite looking at it from an advantageous perspective, a dignitary with little care for decorum and actual morals, or a Blondie no less in some ruthless and maddening aim. Then consider yourself its visitors, any horrific likewise clandestine business you had in it welcomed with a rather profligate relish.

Gideon Lagat, the Charismatic Noble, still wrapped in his robes as the other two were, paused along the sterile and very much carpeted hallway en route to Raoul's office, appearing to quizz himself at the raise of a brow before he did voice his suspicions upon whom he had discovered to have wandered here as well. He tipped his head at them.

"It appears I am not the only one who had gone out of his way…

"Orphe," he was met by the Elegant Noble's same civil acknowledgement. "Aisha…" while the Unyielding Other merely motioned at them, "Shall we?" and led the rest of the way.

As to what their reasons were individually for finding their way here, these were not discussed in the brief walk, no casual conversation really tossed between the three although it was such an unexpected jaunt that Raoul Ma had checked his monitors twice, nay, thrice from his tables to clarify what he was seeing. With a sigh he let them in, of course, a bit reluctant to be disturbed but certain etiquette was to be exercised for his own kin. Except maybe for Iason, he had wanted his office to have no guests on account of focusing, and to maybe not allow contamination or the opposite to leak out.

Three Blondies in tow no doubt was a sight that was sparse. "We had just parted ways at the meeting," he was referring to the earlier Council when all of them had gathered to discuss the affairs of the days. "Yet what is this? An Exodus of Blondies and my laboratories are your Chosen Land?"

Gideon had wasted no time in the pleasantries he was known for, instead took a gaze about, had been here before no doubt, noting the endless rows of displays and large monitors where their latest pursuits were in exhibit. All neatly filed to one side of the office that it appeared to be a virtual brochure of what these labs had to offer beyond its clean, polished interiors.

While beyond a glass overlooking, tubes of experiments and some mutations lay in cryostasis, some specimens strapped onto beds and being engineered upon by workers. Strange if they were not immune to the sight of it, to a controlled mess being made by these endless scientific designs and redesigning. Dismembered portions, living parts and Frankensteins. They were usual to his eyes.

The one that caught his attention however was a prominent set of sleepers, Pets no less, all with black hair, closely visible via a screen that he had pulled to look at from Raoul's projector wall.

The Biochemist followed his movements, as he had followed the others, offering them his cellar of fine vintage that some subordinates had automatically brought in with a press of a button. Aisha had merely taken a seat, while Orphe was likewise wandering, a familiar look on his face that the Pragmatic Noble knew very well.

There had been wind of Iason's latest escapade, and no doubt this had reached all corners of Tanagura, making Raoul somehow smirk to himself, shaking a head. It had not been discussed in detail as they all seem to have developed a habit of overlooking the new god, but, yes, how every one of them suffered because of the top Blondie's penchant for the mutinous.

He tossed towards Orphe, "Subtle frustration and considerable annoyance...it could only be Riki or Iason. Or is it both?" The other two Blondies listened in.

Orphe seemed to turn with a sudden narrowing at the corners of his eyes. Indignantly he had responded, a hand rested upon a hip, "To deal with Neu-Jupiter is a painstaking affair. How he manages to shake the very foundations...that is beyond me."

Raoul this time smiled in understanding, "Breaking barriers is his specialty do you not agree? We just need to anticipate it long before he makes them, I suppose."

Orphe was to say something in addition, but had briefly cut short of what he was about to voice of next when Gideon had pointed to something that Aisha and himself had gone over to look at, the Chief Operations Officer's attention nudged towards there as well. Their regard fell at a screen full of calculations, details and some hasty alterations that had scribbled through what formal writings were already there, the data swimming albeit some incoherent or incomplete.

Raoul hastened to terminate the projection before any of his brothers figured what those were. He had entirely forgotten to close that off when it was supposed to have been rather restricted.

"What is that Raoul? Schematics for a new breed?" Orphe questioned but suspiciously, the taboo understanding that there may be little to no honour among them save a few ties, really, rippling the surface of the conversation.

Brothers of the same class they may be, but there was always envy. There was minimal trust. There was nothing equal among them as some, Jupiter having proven this to be true, had been favoured more than others. Raoul had known that fact first hand, while everyone had somehow began noticing, how some form of slightly malignant resentment is staining their system. Elites were being defamed here and there in case they had forgotten, and often the reports came from their fellow colours themselves ironically.

Thus he did not deny the answer then, but he was not telling them as well. There will be no way he would betray it until maybe Iason dictates that he should, "Nothing that you all will not suffer through soon enough…"

Aisha mused, "My my...confidentiality issues? What is so important that you would not want to share with the Council?"

There was an awkwardness after that, a ruling silence. Gideon, ever the one not to dwindle the discussions down, and seeing that the Biochemist was not one to further it, changed the topic. He pointed at the dark-haired Pet in her tube, displayed upon the screen he had left floating, "Rather too exquisite for the Gala."

Orphe seemed to bite at it, walking over to likewise inspect the breed, eyeing the rather faultless features as they were flashed for him at a swipe of a finger. Another accessory worth its weight in credits and kario, the Academy always managing to outdo itself.

He was struck with a notion, "We should all obtain Onyx, no, Raven-haired pets." 

Always the one to want to show off, Eos Towers' rather stern authority wanted the best of the best. Aisha crossed his arms but was thinking of it seemingly, "Already tired of your last one? That was an S-class Seraphim."

"Black is the standard. I doubt that it will fade any millennia sooner.

"What is a winged illusion compared to this?" he jutted his proud chin towards the display.

Gideon was likewise in the thought of it, setting the trend always being his way of beyonding the crowd. If their class did not sway the masses, no one will. His belief is that it is every Blondie's responsibility to be the first at something, to show power off, to set this nearly unattainable level with regard to prestige and post. A pet of quality is no doubt an insignia. Take Iason Mink as an example.

"Perhaps we should. A full set for our class, what say you Raoul?" he turned to the Biochemist.

Raoul had a less than satisfied look on his being. He in fact looked at part angered.

"That pet is imperfect," he gestures at his creation with a scowl. "It is not nearly impressive enough."

Aisha noted the irritation with a slight smile to himself. How uncharacteristic, but then it was usual these days was it not?

These days it was no longer uncommon to see Elites being out of character. Iason's return from the proverbial grips of death had long likewise altered them in many ways even before he had been found. Even his apathetic self had opened to emotions he himself did not understand...or is beginning to understand. Had he not been rather bold himself? He had felt things and had to some degree needed. As to what those were exactly, they were to remain closeted.

"Subtle frustration and considerable annoyance...it could only be Riki or Iason. Or is it both?"

Orphe and Gideon erupted into chuckles, sharing a laugh at the earlier burn having been returned. Raoul dismissed it with a sigh, begrudgingly pulling up a screen this time from his own desk to show them just who he was modeling his current projects after.

It was no surprise that it had been Neu-Jupiter's own, Riki's virtual form seen ascending in flight, his wings darker than night propelling him up in speed, the surveillance records shifting to other scenes at a pace after that. The Blondies all stopped in attention.

One showed them the Exclusive walking the side streets of Midas, his Furniture in tow, smiling pleasantly at Katron who somehow was sulking. Another was him being toweled up after a possible bath, skin still peppered with beads of water as he sat in an erotic heap. Still another was when he had fluttered about Iason himself, settling to tangle his arms around one of the top Blondie's then receive his little kiss, whispered something that was obviously for his ear only, making him laugh.

Raoul tossed in the Pet's specifics, with a steady image of him when they had found them asleep in that cocoon. His length of hair had been longer then, and the elitist appearance rather suited him well as he was wrapped around Iason. Who could forget that day?

Gideon was all eyes. Aisha noted this with some grain of premonition, his intuition giving him hints of impending disaster. The other seemed oblivious, or was trying to suppress it, who knew, but he carried the conversation normally, "Well now. No wonder you are having troubles."

The Biochemist leaned upon his table, easing the controls aside and manipulating the screens to a show them an undisclosed recording that had inspired him to create his newest breeding line of studs and bitches in the first place.

"This Pet...is an anomaly," was all he concluded, Riki during a certain experiment he had conducted seen to maneuver himself in a dash through a circular opening to flawlessly fly out of it in a spin, wings clapped fully under control.

Orphe begged to agree and disagree, "More like a mind of his own. You will find it most challenging. Even if you manage to make something a cut below…"

They knew and had accepted it. Iason's beloved was a difference altogether. He had no parallel nor equal. His tempers and sentimentalities, his skill and smarts. You could never replicate Pets of the like even if it was possible to obtain his genes in a dish, and it was not, cloning could never ever happen.

"I know that. But it is frustrating," stated the Biochemist point-blankly, admirably admitting that for once there was something he could not succeed in.

Aisha paused a scene familiar to him with a raise of his hand, stepping forward in review of the footage. This was one taken last when they had Riki at that party, where the Pet had dealt with that menace of an elite quite effectively, a shock in itself. The scene playing was the one where the Exclusive slept, an obvious Blondie's cape blanketed over him as he rested, oblivious to the world around him.

He dared not pull up the portions he had excluded of Gideon. Gideon exhibiting the same idiocy as Iason had once shown, in the footage seen bending down to plant his feelings upon the Pet. The Exclusive was a beauty, this was already much established. Something about him was not to be overlooked and, actually, it had caught many in its tide. All of Tanagura, the system...their class...

The Blondie had his eyes trailed on his brother once more, doing his circumspect observations by a secret glance, each of the Charismatic Noble's quiet impressions not eluding him. There is trouble that will soon boil. Gideon was too enthralled, too intent on even just this virtual image. This...whatever it was that was welling up in the other...would culminate in a most fatal incident if it was not averted.

Aisha terminated the screen, the glaring lights dissipating. Orphe and Raoul wondered about its suddenness, but to the mind of the Unyielding One, he knew what he was needing to do.

He may need to speak in private to Gideon about this before even more deliberately desperate steps were taken against the latter. Before it was discovered...

"Aisha?"

"Let us accept the fact that we may never understand it to a degree," he pointed out to them all, most specifically to Gideon. "Or that we may just be swept up in it to even try and define it…"

Chapter 61

Notes:

Yuri: Let's get this show on the road. ^ ^

Chapter Text

He looked upon their world from a height, perched on the outer dome of Jupiter's Tower, thinking with a sigh as he eyed what he could of the visible might that is Tanagura, Midas with its discriminating lights beyond that and, of course, just straight fore of their Palace at Eos Tower II, Ceres, that had been his origins…

It was today.

That dubbed Gala of the Millenia. A feat the Council had described to be one that would forever etch in all of the planet and beyond it the strength of their capabilities as Blondies, the efficiency of their Elites, and the power of Neu-Jupiter that perceives no limitations.

To Riki, it was one that would seal his fate eternally as Iason's Exclusive. Not really a terrible thing, but he felt rather out-of-place in the cog of it all still. There was an uncertainty he could not decipher and somehow this brought about in him so many questions. The reason why he wanted to be so desperately alone to clear his thoughts. He was somehow...confused.

He could not decide whether he was truly happy about the situation. There was nothing that would stop him any more, but why does he feel completely shaken? Like how he had felt during those days, despite the rift of a difference between his position then and now, how was he to respond to it this time?

If only staring at the skies bore him answers. There was none to behold. The years he had spent wasting away to suddenly receive purpose in the end had all but melted to be this one day and it made him ache inside and desperate. Yet why?

"I think I'm just being a nervous wreck," Riki drew a knee in to loop his arms about that, burying his head in a slight bit of frustration.

He could feel the cold around him, ruffling his dark feathers, feathers that later on will be re-threaded with their signature gossamer, naked for now as he had taken to this excursion by himself. He sighed heavily, picking at a loose plume to rub its silk between his fingertips, letting it go to dance its way down through the breeze.

Maybe yes that was what it was, the common sickness of all brides which was cold feet. Because their Coupling was tonight likewise and Iason was entirely relaxed about it, stating that it would be something significant for them both.

In what way pray tell?

He must be out of his mind, that Blondie! To show the chosen brood of Tanagura this most intimate part of their lives! But doing a double take on the subject, given what he had experienced before, was that really indeed part of Riki's problem? Especially when he knew his body had been redone to fulfill this design?


The Pet flew straight past the rather busy morning fray, mind connecting to the portion of the System there, the Butterfly Gates of Eos Tower II zinging open for him automatically as he made his rather unexpected entrance, the doors activating even before he had finished flying the length of the golden hall there. His dark form spiraling shortly into the inside to unfurl wings and, shocking some of the early hangers-on, darting upwards towards their Palace with speed and precision, Riki seen along the monitors as he disappeared up this hidden passage then landing upon a platform found in their Gardens.

He tossed his head up and released his held breath, the exercise apparently causing him to break a sweat, once more opening his wings to propel himself even higher upwards yet more calmly this time, entirely in control, only to descend walking into what was now officially the Palace's Preparation Room for when there were events involving the Jupiter Couple. He had retracted his wings along the way, scattering nightly plumage about.

Katron met him with a questioning gaze, his PVT glowing in hand, "Master, you went through the Gates? But I opened the window for you."

He was referring to the Palace's Private Aerospace Port. The plan was to have Riki come in via the entrance there, following the discretion and secrecy they had both schemed upon the afternoon before. But he had changed his mind at the last minute, the Security ringing the House of Iason Mink with the notice, their watchful eyes catching the Pet flying about the lower apartments of Eos Tower II, letting the Alpha of the Trinity know of the matter.

"Just thought I'd take a speed test," said the Exclusive, which meant Katron better be prepared for more than just simple scolding when Neu-Jupiter found this out.

The Pet was never to leave unaccompanied as per laws obviously, but it was too late to salve that, the Exclusive now removing his damp shirt and tossing it over the back of an empty seat nearby. The Furniture was quick to pick it up and fold it into a waiting hamper being carried around by a service bot. A machine which had obediently eased aside out of view after the small chore was done.

Putting down his PVT, Katron took a towel and about to begin drying the Pet off, offering an immediate bath, Riki politely denying the first gesture to simply do it himself, his own hands rubbing the soft fabric over himself as he drew near towards where 'those Two' were. Sighing deeply again, he looked up at the lighted display, making a comparison of the Pair and thinking.

These were to be their distinguished costumes for tonight's gathering. They stood slipped onto alloy dressforms with the exact size and shape of him and his lover's bodies, revealing the vestments' every detail and beauty as they would soon curve and hold about the actual wearers. His Rose of the Night regalia and Iason's Knight Suit. The two looked different yet somewhat complementary that the Pet was amazed. At the same time he was saddened.

It's things and clothes like these that had become the status symbol for him recently. Since waking, there had been so much change. Everyone knew what he looked like. Well, actually, how he looked like within the army of Blondies, his Iason, their King and his only Master and beloved. When they said Riki now, the words slum trash or useless mongrel were no longer the labels that came to mind. Instead there were the ExclusiveNeu-Jupiter...Iason's Paramour. Not that he didn't believe or that he wasn't pleased by them, or that he was not used to being called these titles at some point.

It's just that they seem to not sound like him at all.

Katron followed over. "I thought you were not to draw attention to yourself? People have most definitely seen you," he whispered, concerned as well that this might cause a few uproars elsewhere such as within the Council or among the elites, particularly since they had their constantly varying opinions as to how the Exclusive should and should not behave.

It was probable that his Master would get into trouble.

"It's fine Kat," the Pet said quietly. "After today, there should be less of me out there anyway."

He had thought about it for a while. After this Gala, officially, he will be somehow wed to Iason Mink. More than ever, surely his life is going to be grandly protected, and may even be thrust into more stricter protocols should the other so deem it necessary. He may not be allowed to roam like he used to anymore. He will be kept under constant watch, some liberties minimized.

This was the reality of Exclusivity. Tanagura will never let him go now. Life may not stay this calm or easy, not that they were ever really calm or easy. The territory would just expand and reach even a cosmos beyond their own world, but it would still be the same gilded cage for the mongrel of the Slums that had become a Pet. Then, as he reconsidered, this said gilded cage was also what he called home now wasn't it?

Katron had realized how the Pet might be feeling, pausing to observe and sense the subtle changes in his charge's state. He likewise looked at their works-of-art, led by Riki's stare, nodding once in approval of the final outcome.

These pieces were by far their best output, combining aesthetics and the latest in innovations. It was the merging of two entirely different fields in one. Much like how the beings who would wear them were: two melded to be of only one form.

He opened his mouth to speak up. "You know Master Riki, Master Iason is doing his very best to meet you halfway in everything. You shouldn't be feeling alone," the Furniture turned to smile at him in some manner of comforting those doubts. "You still have each other."

Riki heard him say those lines and turned to stare at him, this confidant of his, Katron, very much confident about what he had just said as if he had seen the future and in it he had lived happily forever.

Then after a while, the brief glance at the other's expression turned to be a dawn of clarity for the Pet, making him rethink all his earlier notions. At last Riki was able to smile again somehow, shaking his head as he pulled then threw the towel over Katron's head, reaching a hand to ruffle it along the Alpha's hair in some open playfulness.

The Furniture had given him good advice right there, though simple the observation may be. And he was thankful for that somehow.

"Don't you think I know that?" as they both broke into laughs, Katron trying his best to stay composed but really couldn't.

Not in the face of the Master Riki he had come to know.


Elsewhere, in an office existing to be out of the Pet's purview, the Blondie named Silbert Domina who had usually been mocking Iason's past wayward behaviors, was seen working closely with his brothers. The circle likewise made up of Marcus Jayd, Orpheus Zavi and Gideon Lagat who was not in attendance. The four in charge of the even tighter security details for the Gala, those present in the room checking upon some last minute information that had slipped through the grid from their capable spies.

Trust Silbert to know the particulars. Espionage was his foremost métier and was rather fond of excelling at it, always with the most conniving in capacity with regard to the gathering, securing and verifying of Intelligence from wherever they may be sourced from.

Today he had stumbled upon a rather interesting development, and at the majority of the Council's insistence, had requested the presence of their Neu-Jupiter to report to him of it, much to the Elegant Noble's disdain...

Iason stepped into the other Blondie's workspace, the corners of which was all made of silver glass that served as projectors no less, the network there connected to the inner workings of the Capital and across, from where he certainly was sponging out any if not all, for the Council's much demanding, piece by piece, datum for datum of information.

Neu-Jupiter tossed his regard towards their other brothers present in the room, but speaking out only the name of the one who had sent him the message, in haste perhaps to clarify what he could so easily confirm himself but had not on account of other concerns, "Silbert."

Rather in some theatrical mood, the Noble being addressed bowed a bit, "Master Iason…" and pulled up immediately the virtual screens to show the occurrence that he was monitoring for some months now since this last year, letting the top Blondie take what he may of the situation first before he voiced the actual concern.

He began, "Kryon ships.

"At the borders just seemingly in wait. Our Intel kept noticing their constant movement in the last fifteen hours.

"It makes you uncomfortable doesn't it?" he humoured.

The other two who remained standing silently waited for Iason to speak, the latter looking not at all pleased with what he was viewing, sliding a hand through the screens to delve a glance closely at certain angles of the shots. This was a clearer footage than when the ship had appeared during that time he and Riki were at the expansion site of the Hub. They had almost reached the Capital's watery bounds by his estimates, but only a few miles shy on approach. Indeed it was making him uneasy, though he remained composed and calculating, his face never known to lose its cold as his control over matters stayed dominant.

"Too close to home," Neu-Jupiter with his practiced grace took a seat among the minimal furnshings. "I don't believe I asked them to be invited. What have they been up to?"

At this, both Silbert and Marcus tossed a knowing look at each other. It was the former however that cleared the air, "Nothing yet.

"But very much soon, we are anticipating, there is something that's bound to happen, especially when we know such hungry buzzards are this close to our shores."

Iason fell into thinking, considering certain things with regard to what had been discovered. He had run through the available paths within the Will itself as a matter of fact, but was not about to tell them just yet what intentions he had. Although he did ask Silbert to maintain an even closer watch on the subjects, discussing without hesitations the plans and countermeasures should there be a necessity for them. As if there was a battle already being declared and his domain that is all of the Planet was being invaded.

Orphe, who had been on the opposition to showing this to Iason today of all days, rather soured at the idea that one of the main celebrants of the Gala he had planned into perfection, was actually considering work over his Event. With an obvious frown, he sought to remedy the situation just as quickly.

This slight development was not something that needed their Neu-Jupiter's current attention. It was their job to sort such matters. And Silbert, be they both sharing the same tastes and agreed on equally impeccable pursuits, will have to earn his spotlight another time.

"Is it not the Pet's Gala today? The Council will be in full attendance," he reminded everyone, his sermon delivered with an indomitable edge that it split the topic apart, changing the direction of the discussion altogether. "It's best then to not dwell too deeply upon this for now. Kryon is not a threat after all, Iason.

"And even if they eventually become one, I doubt that we cannot respond to them in kind."

Iason Mink fleetingly deliberated upon those words, ending with a smirk at the suggestion, "That you are correct about..." to Orphe's relief, he succumbed, his efforts silently rewarded due the certainly wiser counsel and reminder at the moment.

One should not forget that today was all about the top Blondie's beloved Pet, Riki. For Neu-Jupiter's favours, this fact was always the best trump card. The Elegant Noble rather played it well, much to Silbert's chagrin. While Marcus noticed the mood shift into a silently beastly competition, their top Blondie without a doubt conscious of but not really stopping the two, or any one of them, from it.

They heard him speak instead, "This aside, let it be known that Kryon for now is not the most pressing event I am concerned with. Of course.

"Yet let it also be known that I will definitely deal with them in time..."

As the Blondies' conversation progressed, outside of their metallic haven that is Tanagura, a Kryon fleet drifts closer towards Amoï's Aeroport, their covered floating fortress shrouded by the Ocean's fog of the day a looming shadow upon the face of the Elites' pride. While Riki himself was preparing to be reintroduced to the public, back in their Palace having just finished bathing in a pool of scents and oils, spreading his legs rather diffidently, face buried by a pillow in some manner of reticence, despite the task of having the Pet Ring checked by the Furniture already being part of their usual routine.

This day was far from over...

Chapter Text

The planet was again swept up in the moment of this one day.

Everyone seemed in a hurry, all of Midas in a buzz about the affairs that would be the Pet's Official Grand Gala, its tourists and invitees once more flocking to the many attractions there are in this high-tech city of lights, devoured by their desires and hunger, by such dissolving excitement that ran to the core, almost to the point of undisguised frenzy, moving, chattering and, of course definitely, buying the minutes away with the event the only seeming topic, mindless almost that all these needy patrons had began to appear like zombies to the lure of the most celebrated, and yes, his most dreaded day of all.

Riki had sighed his fifteenth, or had that been even more as the hours dragged on, as absentmindedly as the definition of it was, being led about for his routine cleaning and pampering before finally getting settled into one of the grander private chambers to begin dressing up, having both Katrice and Kantre on either side of him to do away with the complicated fastenings and binds, the minute yet exquisite details of his costume now being laid carefully behind him, the train a breathtaking spread of handiwork Iason had approvingly congratulated the Trinity for.

Katron had gone to attend to Iason, the Blondie providing him further instructions no doubt, the Pet musing on that for a moment. His eyes wandered towards the farthest wall with its clean, metallic make, seamless that one could scarcely tell that there was actually a door there. To the other side was this world's Neu-Jupiter, likewise preparing himself for the affair. What could they be discussing? What other notions were plaguing his Master's mind?

What else was there to stand guard for? The day earlier, he was given an idea just how Tanagura was going to handle the security details for his Grand Gala as three Blondies came visiting the Palace, their schemes and plans in tow, Iason keeping him pressed to his side with a possessive hand as they all but discussed the matters pertaining to that aspect of the event, Gideon determined to not let anything pass as even the Aeroport was under lock and key now, all these pouring tourists monitored on an individual level that Riki furrowed his brows.

"Too much precaution don't you think?" he quizzed Iason in front of the other three although the Man merely smirked and stole from him a deep and very much shameless kiss. In response, the top Blondie smiled, "There is no such thing as too much precaution where you are concerned, Pet." And he was indeed serious about that, his eyes making it clear that anyone, and the Neu-Jupiter meant anyone, would be torn to shreds if they got in the way of things, the other cold Adonises his Master called his brethren agreeing that anyone caught committing grave crime against the couple or Tanagura on the day will face judgement on the spot wherever it was seen fitting...

"Master Riki?"

He had drifted, the former leader of Bison giving himself a mental slap as he had dragged himself out of his musings, sighing yet another that the twins now both cocked their heads aside. He shook his head to settle the matter, raising his arms to either side so they can continue dressing him in what was to be his first of a set of costumes for the Gala, this starter aptly called the Rose of the Night which looked like it was spun from the very bloom where its namesake was actually taken after. Hard and contoured in places. Beautiful and graceful in places as well.


On the other side of the same world that was their own. Iason had not really began to suit up just yet as the Pet might be expecting him to, instead, whilst still in his Palace robes and undergoing what should have been this little reprieve from the preparations, he had began mulling over the last reports sent in just a few minutes prior. His brows creased.

The floating fortress of Kryon had unexpectedly ceased its progress over the Ocean as seen via the surveillance records sent his way. As if it had suddenly decided to stop then and there where it was currently with no relevant rationale to its own actions. While elsewhere, reports of three aerial accidents, cases of transports and similar cargo aeroships and transports vanishing in the night with no trace of the culprits, but just paces away from where the fortress was.

Curious. The top Blondie rather suspected a connection between both but cannot find the guiding line that links the one to the other. For Kryon had been desperately cautious, the means to spy they had planted there most always turning out falsified, empty or vanished. He was yet to see the reports of their actual men blended among Kryon's own prodigal populace, already sending word to Silbert about any further intelligence. He wanted to see it all every thirty minutes. In a shorter span of time if possible.

Iason Mink, the devil of a Man that now held the planet in his hand, was being extra circumspect. Something in him, call it instinct, screamed that anything that occurred within the proceedings of his Riki's Gala would by no chance be isolated. There had been threats before - what more now?

His worries were best reflected by his Furniture, Katron, though loyally standing by and with the patience of a saint that was only missing a halo. "Master?"

But as things stand, Neu-Jupiter was to orchestrate tonight's revelry and should do well not keep his Pet waiting. Thus with a silence the Blondie stood. "Let us begin then," was all he said and this was promptly understood by the Alpha of the Trinity, the latter following his heels as they headed over to the bath.


Jupiter's Tower, Lower Hall. The venue of the planet's grandest Gala to date. Not only dressed for the occasion but overspent for from its peak to the very depths: a true showcase not only of Tanagura's power and might but also of its insurmountable wealth that in previous years had been downplayed and masked by the metallic health of its minimalist aesthetic.

Not since Neu-Jupiter though.

Not since the Lovers had ascended to the pinnacle and had introduced a new way of living among the Elites.

And now the caste seems to be showing off all the amazing treasures they had in their respective repertoires, donating some of their flashy fortunes to aid in what is probably the richest, most lavish affair unlike any the entire world and beyond has ever seen. For who in the whole solar system could plate the entire venue in gold? Also trim it with silver, precious metals and antique tiles from a bygone era that more or less costs a small moon to install. Not to mention the fabrics cascading from the ceilings to the floors in generous stretches, the lengths spun into roses where they could be made to bloom along the line with actual rare flowers in unrestrained arrangements, each tapered masterpiece secured by jewels that looked like stars as they split downwards, a match for the chandeliers that looked like skeletonized beehives, built to sparkle with the lights and decked in gemstones of all size and variety.

Then there was the red carpet. The banners trimmed with the insignia of the royalty of the Capital hung under arches of gleaming white which made up the intricate canopy of the stunning venue. A canopy that was made to twist into purposeful vines among vines and their artfully graceful tendrils, the branches and stems hung with gossamer as finely spun as that of spiders.

Now how about the food? The wine? The victuals that would supply the endless horde of attendees that would certainly come? Of course Tanagura had likewise prepared for that. Not only that, they also had a few extra hands from across the cosmos that, for the sake of getting on the better side of Neu-Jupiter's favours, had, rather enthusiastically, volunteered to undergo the mammoth task.

As expected, the banquet tables were full and literally towering if not overflowing with the bounty of the lands and further them. The displays were a representation of each participating envoy, merchant or renowned name in fact, taking the invitation to cook for the Gala as a way to highlight their specialties or to stage a war waged against any competition.

For clans who were in the gourmet business, they were using the venue to show off their precious tour de force dishes. For those that did not have the talent but had the means, there were the assortment of pompous chefs from every renowned culinary discipline whom, taking their own pride into account, were lifting their knives and firing their kitchens to create masterpieces that were not only beautiful but were titillating to the senses. Those that can pair well with the drinks and bottled spirits being delivered in or sent as tribute by the bulk, the total mass enough to make up a small sea of the most delicate vintage, to be served with the edibles in the most impressive of silver and dishes, the layered trays that seemed to only fall short of the ceiling. Cutlery ordered in designer and embellished, monogrammed with the couple's initials. Let us not forget every known dessert that will be sent out as endlessly as everything else was in the whole event. It was going to be a feast without comparison.

The music will be ethereal. The standards that the Blondies picked for it was sure to be unparalleled. There will be sirens, songsters and songstresses, a venerable choir whose voices were like angels and the train of instruments of all known family handled by an orchestra that was the prime of all others from many neighbouring planets. They had promised their most stellar of performances. It will be, the guests can count on that. And with it they will paint Amoi in the colours that will reflect the strength of their home and the extent of their alliances that no one would dare question Iason's Kingdom.

Norris at least thinks so. As he looked over the venue, impressed, at all its busy-bodies and personalities, the droids and bots tasked to finalize everything scattered all about the space with the force of the elites present, the assemblage of guards and other protection details.

Security was tight, and if not for the fact that they were here to deliver goods and other supplies under direct order of the Master Blondie himself, if him and the rest of the crew were of the ordinary citizenry, or still mongrels without work, he would not be able to come to the location at all. Half of Tanagura was on a lock-down as passes were being checked in every block, scanners set up every corner of the street. Even Midas was under control and the influx of tourists and guests were being monitored closely. People who do not have the Golden Invitation to the Gala were not going to be allowed within the proximity of the Capital. Even so, those who did possess the necessary ticket would not even be allowed to come into the venue until the appointed time when the gates would be opened, as access was limited not only to Jupiter's Tower but to both Eos I and II.

'Norris, status report?' The former Bison member almost forgot he had Katze on the other line of his palm-held device, immediately raising the PVT to face level and answering back: "They're all delivered boss. The Containment Units are set to unlock about three hours before the Gala proper. That should be enough time for the owner clients to get them up and moving."

As predicted by the Market under the thumb of the infamous Subarctic Scarface , there were last minute orders and placements for Pets. The demand had actually been nothing short but voracious the last few months ever since the Gala was announced, most of the Elites deeming the occasion deserving of their very best definitely, had either exchanged or disposed of their old toys in favour of the more current ones. Never mind if the price tag was more than what fortune they had since the sale was going to be Off the Season, but some lower level members were even willing to run themselves to debt at this point just so they could show off while in attendance. As a result, an egress of Pets happens, quite the number getting discarded as the latest breeds get installed in the homes of the rich and the capable.

'Good job Norris. Send a full report to my office once everything is complete.'

Norris nodded before Katze terminated the connection, appearing to have received a call from someone that he had to attend to in earnest. As for him, he just had to sign off some of the documents and digital paperwork for compilation. Today was proving to be a tiring day.

Later on they had plans to come to the affairs as well, the Market being considered a key player in what had happened, to bringing Riki into the arms of the most powerful Man that is. The former Bison member was at least happy of his friend's fate, although as he passed by some old aristocrat on the way out with a teen-aged looking Pet on his lap, he could not help but feel terrible about something.

During most instances, it was the Market's job to cycle everything: imports, exports, goods, luxuries - everything that the consumers demand and warrant from what could be had and manufactured, the menu of pleasures so to speak. This included Pets that unlike Riki were subject to the said cycle as commodities, no visual rights, no anything to anything at all beyond mating, vulgarity and what little time they had before they were disposed of, especially as of late.

How many times had it been that he had seen the scenario play out? As soon as they deliver the new, it was out with the old, Norris' team having been in charge of likewise carting away the previous house favourite to the brothels or harems where they were to live out the rest of their existence as the new decoration was supplanted.

He had seen his share of disillusion coming from them. Pets in their superficial primes being removed and relocated to whatever unknown future they were to have, not that they were not prepared for it (it was all they ever were made to do!), but they had to contend with the fact that after being pampered and spoiled for so long, all they ever will amount to in the end was to be the debauching worker of a carnal hub somewhere. No matter who had ownership of them previous. Falling from one step to the next towards hell, his boss once said.

It was somewhat still disheartening. Such fate was very real for most and, without knowing any better, the lives these Pets lead surely end up in despair. He wondered which was better: to be a mongrel with no identity or to be a pet with no other skill?

Riki better not end up like them, Norris had that thought hanging once, but was always reassuring himself that the Jupiter of Old had certainly dealt his captain the better bargain of all this. Also, there was Iason Mink. I'm certain Boss Master would not at all allow it, but just…please

The Gala was going to be the seal that will further bind all that was already binding the Lovers. His friend Riki's destiny was to stay by that Blondie's side. Hopefully tonight goes on without a hitch.

Chapter Text

I was looking at the clock with a fervent anticipation. Also with a dread that I could not deny. The signature coat and ruffles of my regal costume hung alongside my ornate mask and that even more extravagantly decorated invitation laid together with my personal materials upon my desk, briefly staring at them and soaking the opportunity in before I stared out towards a direction, where Jupiter's Tower stood, then just to the fore of that, their Eos Tower II,  his  home - among the many places of which I could not reach but I wanted to somehow. Laughable isn't it?

The distance between him and I is great. Greater now that the world held him so far apart from everyone else, after tonight, even farther away I'm guessing, this celebration meant to keep him 'that Mr. Blondie's' pet and, yes, his pair for life forever.

How ironic.

I still find it a contradiction.

That what I thought was my sole fate had been taken from me that easily. Those years and years of building up our bond, what did all of them mean now? But that was actually my fault. I had pushed him away with all that I did and I had not really come to terms that he was not meant to return to me the same way after all that had happened between us. I created this wedge that tore us apart. It was all my doing.

I had held on to a way of life I wanted just because it was what I had seen fit, but he would not have appreciated it after feeling what he felt, experiencing what he did, the poison of that Kingdom above us far too great and exotic, intoxicating. When he himself thought he was not going to be affected, he was. It had stained him to the bone.

But by the gods how I loved him that I hurt even now. Even now with this new face. Would he ever know or even realize it was me if I would be able to so much as stand before him? If he passed me by, would he know it was I?

Even as I touched this countenance with my own fingers, I too could not believe. This was no longer who I was.

"Hello...Katze?

"Yes. I'm sober.

"Don't worry. You don't really need to expect any trouble from me.

"I know. I know. You don't need to threaten me with that...we're past that now aren't we?

"...besides...

"...I had already decided on that thing you wanted to happen.

"You'll know after tonight's Gala."

That conversation was difficult. I had raked my fingers through my hair and literally fisted it there before releasing, frustrated, unable to sleep for days and tired from the musings of it. Very tired. How does one get over the initial heartbreak? How does one survive the death of this kind? I wanted to move on with my life as he had moved on with his, whether I liked the idea of it or not.

Well it was time. There was an event to be had and it was going to attend it for this last time to see him. The last time to know him. The last time to remember him as I remember him before I turn myself around. Before who I was would just be some previous memory lost to the dust tossed about by the ever-evolving winds of this realm.


The way to the venue was rigged from start to finish with reservation, security, this strict protocol that made anyone regardless of stature bow and heed its terms, the transport having been limited to pod cars travelling one route in and out, and those that had not the key to enter held back at the appointed station behind the line of guards, where I had seen even the billionaires of Midas get stopped unacknowledged, all for the fact they had lost their Golden Invitation to the ball.

I slipped into my car quietly.

As the door lowered and locked in place in preparation to moving us to the Capital, I could only watch from behind the glass as some personages made scenes when upon the check and scans they had been found unequipped, overly dressed they may be to the level of their wealth, with an entourage and all the courtiers to boot, despite all the credits they may have or the kario they may heap, even a king's ransom was as nothing upon the faces of the stern sentients that watched over the gates. The Gala would be out of reach.

That puts me in some state of trepidation. Because if that had happened to me, I'd miss this chance. Thus I was like a child in the gutters. I held on to my pass as if it was the only thing that mattered in this world. It was pressed to my beating heart, my mask to match my whole costume sat to the side, breath held in the same manner up until the official transport had begun to progress along its line. I could see where they had built or altered a sealed tunnel moving to the way of the affairs. Lighted enough and choked to the brim with guards and droids, the armed Neu-Darkmen as they had been styled after the failed assassination attempt at the Pet Auction even.

This was as if they were about to wage war.

If Iason Mink and his circle were trying to impress or intimidate, they surely were doing a good job at it.

The progress was moderately slow and cautious. It was paced. It was like a procession with the autopilots doing their best to tour us within the lacking scenery or merely this was so that they could scan the guest passengers every few minutes. My eyes could now pinpoint every surveillance bot. I can see every communicating tower. There are many other amusing features they had installed along the way in fact, but, being a worker of the Black Market and a dealer of its secret trades, these were things I cannot disclose. I wondered how many of the other guests knew of them or none knew at all? Could they pass this path never even learning its many secrets?

The musings of the mad.

More of that as instead I sat alone there and brooded. What was it going to be like? When finally we meet at that level? Will I have that one chance though? His Blondie might keep him to himself all throughout the Gala. He had intended to keep him all to himself all his life after all. Where was my chance?

I had counted the minutes.

The whole ride had been nearly half the hour as my own unit tarried alongside a few others, following some in front and those gone before, others behind mine. Until at last we had ended up at our destination. What light of day was left had opened up to us through the sight of some arches at the landing plateau, each chiseled to look like they had been sculpted from the single marble of the welcoming Gate, the Gate itself a large and elaborate pair of butterfly wings with the flair and drama of the era as the pod car's door lifted. Rose Gold in the colour of the event I had just realized.

I stepped out onto the red carpet, recomposing myself and buttoning my coat as I safetied my mask and its feathery crop, my invitation in its envelope in my hands. I had walked passed fountains of opulent architecture, the waters in them dancing as refined and sparkling lines of fluid were tossed from one level up, down again until it culminated into larger spouts, changing in the pattern that I could stay there looking and still not guess what the programming was. Randomization no doubt. Algorithms and similar written in code as all that was here in Amoï was.

That makes me think. Riki had been reprogrammed too was he not? He was now subject to the tune of this planet's imposing schemes. To the tone of Iason Mink's touch and skill. But his decision had been conscious, and I doubt he would say it otherwise. He had chosen the Blondie over his life in Ceres, over us, over me.


"Sir, your invitation please…"

A pleasant looking female receptionist with gloved hands and delicate movements, a warm smile and a good-looking face in that tailored dress with a small Columbina of peppered rose perched on her coiffured head. Dark of hair. Human. Or at least that's what I was seeing. Facilitating the receival of guests as we all filed into the lobby, dizzying with its display of sculptures and more water features, this time decked with profuse plumes and flowers that layered to the floor like a garden, rising to the ceiling with its brightly lit chandeliers.

I was in a line with the other gentlemen, the ladies and their ridiculously volumed attires sauntering towards another path alight only by delicate lanterns and gossamer lace, their usual raucous voices echoing with the talk of the day, of who had the larger gemstone necklaces and type of diamonds, how much was spent for this and that enhancement, the superficial details of the wealthy life as a courtesan in Midas.

As if the men were any better. In the company of aliens and similar delegates, dignitaries and the like, I could not help but catch the impromptu conversations, of how this one being's business empire was riding on his attendance here, about this other tycoon's expansion of a pleasure centre, about politics, the trade, business.

What need do I have with them? When I was one working for the Black Market that had perpetual control over them?

"Your invitation please…

"Ah, yes. Mr- you are being expected at the Canary Balcony."

I nodded, avoiding the eyes of all those who had cast their near-envious glance towards my direction, I had followed the usher that was called to accompany me, walking behind him quietly as we were separating from the crowd. An air of importance for a brief few minutes, though at the back of my mind I had imagined what life had been like, when we can't even afford a decent meal, when we had looked at these gatherings as if they were exotic birds that had decorated these aisles. Who would have thought that someone from the deteriorated cusp of Bison would end up here somehow? I could laugh at that too.

"Sir, your Balcony is this way. Access to the Ballroom is at the left. Please use that at all times during the Gala."

Segregation, distinction. They equaled power. Without both, you were nothing more but mere dispensable, some surplus to the ever-growing requirements. If I had not stumbled upon this fate, who knows where else I could have landed. Maybe fodder to the organ farms? I was the worst in the lot. Which made me feel terrible because I know I did not deserve this!

I took my seat. Plush velvet and accommodations deserving of the stature I now held in the Black Market, a small note sent in that other people from our official yet dubious company were set to arrive. Which meant I would be meeting Norris as well once they clear protocol. Katze was likewise on his way. How awkward of a reunion. I can fool him surely but I could not fool myself.

I had to take a breather. That small thought about deception was wracking my head again as it always had after I had assumed this fake personality. Taking to the flight of stairs then that was exclusive to our part of the Ballroom, I went ahead towards the buffet table, but directly towards the wine where they had stacked the ornate barrels in display.

It was something out of impulse, out of this need to self-destruct that I had turned to. Just like how my superior turned to smoking. But once there, I had not thought about reaching for a glass. I had stopped short of the skirted displays, fisting my hand, relaxing. My mask. I had left it on a table up my balcony somewhere. I had to be sober to do  this. I had to be sober to get that last look of  him.

I walked back, making a complete turn around to return where I should be, expecting to make myself scarce later once the festivities were underway, perhaps to likewise avoid any untoward incidents, particularly those that might involve seeing Norris, among others, as right after the VIPs, the Gates were to be opened for the lower classes that had the Silver Letters, the Ballroom expected to divide with the crowd.

And those Pets...they would be allowed entry via a different passage later on as well with the Furniture in charge of them, several people having brought their toys here to adorn themselves during their participation.

Ridiculous. To rely on the company of such fastidious playthings. Yet back in Ceres, association with someone, being with anyone, a group even more, was the way to live as well. That was how Bison came to be at some point, because we had to belong somewhere in a place that was not accepted anywhere else.

"Pardon...me..."

My face must have contorted in some manner. I did feel my mouth gape. I paused.

Part of the way back, I had caught sight of someone that I was not truly expecting to be here at all. Ahead of me, I could see this familiar face, still maintaining his delicate youth and crop of violet hair. Unforgettable definitely as he was one I had met up with during that time when we were trying to find our way to Riki.

Now after all this time, despite his guise that was dictated by the festivities, standing there under the decorated canopies with its cascading flowers like a prince of the season in his tailored breeches and a light cape, I still knew him by one name. It had never changed. It was Zico.

But what was my issue? He had not known what had become of me surely after what had happened. I just had to breathe in and calm down. I could do that.

I was about to walk past him when he came towards me as well, perhaps to the direction of the the buffet tables where I had come, as it seemed like he was about to just ignore my existence altogether. I was maintaining my guise well enough, a common wraith in this society, in the same manner as he.

Zico straightened the mask he wore. Perhaps he did not remember. With the many clients he has had, we were but a minority. With this new personality wrapping my being likewise, I expected him to not be familiar with who I was anymore.

Yet it surprised me, hearing clear words uttered by the youth as he smiled, unknowing if he definitely knew what I was though his thoughts implied he might be aware of it just as much.

"Still contemplating the loss? You should not," that was what he whispered. "There's only one salvation for you today."

And just like that, he disappeared among the thickening crowd, leaving me by my lonesome once more, my expression one not of surprise but of wonder really, which actually stunned me more because afterwards, all there was in me was just this empty bit of apathy.

'Only one salvation' as he had said it.

Perhaps he was right. There is all but one recourse tonight, one last redemption.

After that…

After that, my world can vanish to either hell or oblivion for all I care. I doubt both were any different from the other...

Chapter 64

Notes:

I had to pull myself out of the Durarara!! fandom mindset to finish this up on the schedule. AHHH! But to switch back again so I can update the other story!! >__<

Anyway, do enjoy~ and burn with me in anticipation... hahaha

Chapter Text

 Ladies, in their ball gowns wade, 
their masks they have made, 
so they wade across the ballroom floor, 
for the sign on the, 
Big. Brass. Door, 
a masquerade, it reads,
A Masquerade...  

Linda Kessler: "Masquerade" Year 2012


(60:00) One hour left to event start.

Jupiter's Palace, Pinnacle, Eos Tower II.

Iason Mink had sent word that he had gone ahead, leaving the Pet to deal with his anxieties alone, now being helped into the Aircar that would take him to Jupiter’s Tower, to be espoused into this life like some Bride to a Groom. Although in this case, the Groom was more than just one being but the whole System itself, his Blondie who was the current Neu-Jupiter, more the representation of it, the icon of the sovereignty of the planet in its entirety. How could he not be nervous? He had all the right to be.

His emotions were obvious by the tensing on his shoulders, the fists he had clenched and unclenched repeatedly, indecisive as to which it was that he found more disquieting: the Gala festivities... or the one that would be culminating it some time afterwards.

Because tonight, he will be coupled to Iason Mink.

But unlike the intimacy that they share in the comforts of their enheartened bed chambers, witnessed only by its mute and silent stateliness, the lifelessness of the trims found in the decorations there, this time, their intercourse will be visible to those select. They will see him losing composure under the sway of the Master Blondie’s attention, whether or not the lovemaking be executed with an agonizingly sweet slowness or the hard, rampaging fierceness that he often knew these trysts to become.

This made Riki swallow, his throat dry suddenly. He was out of his mind surely! To consent to being offered for the torment of the god he loved, under the watch of the other Elites, no matter if they only be an elected handful.

"Master, I suggest you relax. Perhaps you would like me to loosen your choker?"

"Would you wish to drink something?”

Kantre and Katrice were tidying the train of his Rose of the Night costume, his first garb for the evening, carefully spreading the soft lace and flowing tulle, the other carefully chosen fabrics about his feet as he was seated in the middle of the transport. A crowd of fine silk roses and the black diamonds with other gems in decoration. Not to mention the other detailing.

He was to outshine everyone in this dark ensemble and the Trinity could not be any prouder of the masterpiece that had resulted. Even the last minute alterations they'd decided just a few moments before had meshed in perfectly. Needless to say the Furniture were likewise dressed to impress, in the signature white and gold of the House they serve, complete with their own decorative masks, alongside Katron who had left with the other Master of the Palace, the latter likewise decked in the same shade to match. It was to be a show of full might and they had no scruples about playing their piece.

“Part of my mind somehow says this is a bad idea. Part of it says it might get even be worse,” the Pet confided, brows creasing in worry though that only served to heighten the colour of inflection in his always expressive eyes.

He knew he had no choice in all this now, having already agreed with his lover to get this over with, but still the Blondie should know just how much of a brittle wreck he was for it. In addition that he had not seen or spoken to his Man all day. As if everything was being reserved for a purpose. It did not help to ease the sensitivity that put all his emotions on edge.

What could happen. What will happen. All this danced in his head. And the System likewise danced with him that even Iason Mink noticed wherever he was...

By now it was necessary that the Twins send out messages of apology if things were being disrupted, and if the case likewise disrupted some activity of importance.

'What is happening?’ Orphe Zavi had responded to the said message immediately, despite the fact that he himself was preparing to depart his suite to attend a meeting before the Gala.

“The normal nerves, Master,” Kantre bowed in his visual response. “We will calm Master Riki down as best we could.”

The Twins had glided gracefully into their seats behind the Pet’s own, both serving as the gallant courtiers that were to assist him every step of the way. With their PVTs ready in hand, as the central Aircar was sealed with them and their charge in it, they had tapped away rather rapidly to pass instructions all throughout their responsibilities.

They'd closed up the Palace like a lotus bloom, informing the event particulars that they were on their way to the Holding Lounge, the details of security bots and the droid horde that would escort them spreading to full view beyond. Not to mention the many allies sending in their own bodyguards and retinue to convoy the Pet’s car. They were likewise taking the lead of that...


(00:45) Forty-five minutes to event start.  

Revamped Council Hall, Undisclosed, Jupiter's Tower.

The Ruling Class assembles here, and upon its head seat was the Master Blondie dressed in the single undersuit of his first costume and over that, the Council's standard blue for him, more at ease with the situation than his Pet apparently as the System whirled around them due the latter. Orphe was the first to make note and, as a matter of procedure, checked up on the Pet for Neu-Jupiter.

With all his icy aloofness, Iason seemed not to have paid mind that much, exuding instead a certain excitement that he perhaps was building for tonight, a certain fine-drawn appetite.

“Leave him be Orpheus. A little exhilaration should not hurt the System,” chuckled the other Blondies, infected with the same gusto though this they manifested in very subtle ways. This sentiment was rather correct.

It was evident that the scans revealed the System to have not at all been healthier than it was today despite the Pet's rampaging emotions, prompting even Neu-Jupiter to ponder whether or not his Exclusive had indeed come to grasp the magnitude of his role already, accepting his part in the design as he had willingly accepted the Blondie?

There was something to look forward to during the coupling later then, yes? Iason himself secretly tuned in to the ails that was catching his mongrel as the minutes drag on. But he was abstaining from any contact. He was capitalizing on the mounting tension inside of him, riling a beast up into something he was more or less going to fully spend on and in the other when the time came. Yet of course the information with regard to Riki reached his ears voluntarily regardless if he asked of it or no.

The Pet was en route to the venue and, according to the protocol that will be strictly exercised during the Grand Gala, they will keep him in the Holding Lounge for any last minute touch-ups, procedures and to settle jitters until Neu-Jupiter decided to begin the evening at the appointed time.

Iason was not going to prolong his beloved's agony, of course. However for now they had to deal with another matter...

“The latest scan of the Kryon Fortress. We managed to get close enough along their perimetre to take cross and section shots,” spoke Silbert Domina, pressing a gloved hand to a table projector and pulling up the multi-dimensional image of the city-state in question, a miniaturized version of the real deal complete with all details that once focused upon revealed even closer aspects of its so-called defensive.

Iason was particularly interested in the blanket of clouds that seem to perpetually follow Kryon and asked about that. “We suspect it’s a fog screen,” was the other Blondie’s answer. “...synthetic more or less, and provides a means of invisibility when the city-state needs it. It surrounds the Floater constantly like a tornado.

"Sensors cannot penetrate it from a certain distance, forcing our drones to come in closer proximity. In fact, this image may not have been possible without cost to some of our equipment," Silbert added.

Meaning they might have lost surveillance fliers along Kryon’s area. This did not appear to please the top Blondie whom was thinking of the inner workings of the Fortress - and what best way to peel through its heavy carapace-like shell.

“Looks quite solid for something considerably announced as a light Floater. They had gone through great lengths to fortify this structure. Are there any viable blind spots? Weaknesses?” he inquired directly from his brethren.

For a moment, all the rest of his brothers were in some manner of silence, but it was Raoul who responded without the touch of uncertainty.

“There is always a way to slice through a cyst no matter how malignant it is. The fortress should have places where it is thinnest, such as its underside or wherever its sections met.

"At least it is the theory,” he swiped and turned the image and showed them what he was looking at. “There is a time that this fog screen does not reach this part of the Floater. We need a closer inspection of it, but I somehow believe it to be a blind spot.”

True enough, the swirl of the synthetic mist enveloped the whole city-state, but it did not at all wrap over the Fortress completely. As the Biochemist showed them from the angle he had moved the view of Kryon to, there were times when it did not at all cover that part of the city-state.

"They certainly have other contingencies for that however," Raoul added. "We found out something more upon our investigations."

He tossed the ball to Gideon this time, the latter presenting his own share of details with the positive nod of Orphe and Silbert that helped to accumulate these findings, “We have discovered that Kryon keeps for itself a separate air fleet, an army of some three hundred ships strong. It’s on a different base ship that’s drifting on a slightly higher altitude.

“The ships are unmarked but are distinctly the city-state's by design. Also, we have reason to believe that from this same fleet hail those pirates that have taken the Supply Transports that are still missing from the Capital.”

“Out of sight and out of our radar. It’s rather convenient for them,” Iason contemplated, looking to be hatching a scheme and indeed was.

In fact he would have already suggested something if not for Katron calling in, the Maser Blondie noting this with the barest shift in his eyes before willing the lines on, Katron's fine form surfacing before him. Of all the Furniture, he was one alongside the Trinity who held this privilege to intrude where needed.

“Master. Pardon my incursion,” bowed the Alpha of his Three. “But I have received word from my twins that Master Riki had already arrived at Jupiter Tower. They are escorting him to the Lounge. Should we likewise prepare?”

But of course, there was this Grand Gala to attend to, and Iason would not like to cause delays. From the grander picture of a possible conquest of Kryon, should it pose threats, his focus returned to settle upon the current event at hand as he stood up. He would need to change into his first attire of the evening.

“Thank you Katron. We best be ready then…” spoke Neu-Jupiter, addressing his brothers next who likewise rose from their seats. “It is best that we put this behind us for now and discuss the matter of dealing with the Fortress on a later date. It is still after all my Pet’s Gala…” all the Blondies bow as Iason turned to walk out of the Council area, the Furniture ready and eager, awaiting his Master on the other side.

Over a shoulder they heard the command however, as the doors slid aside, “I don’t expect you to be negligent about the security of the Capital or Midas where it is concerned however.”

As simple as that, everyone understood.


(00:30) Thirty minutes to event start.  

Lower Hall, Grand Gala Venue, Jupiter's Tower.

The current happenings in the venue were all kept exclusive, the Press not entirely welcome save for those that really matter and, like all the invitees, were select people who were tasked to witness the event as it unfolds throughout the night...

The Lower Hall was opened to the general members after all the VIPs and VVIPs were sorted into their respective places, the decorated balconies and secluded areas reserved for the highest of ranks showing the clear distinction in class and value of Tanagura’s severe gradation, offering little to no immunity where importance was concerned. It picked its men and women apart with no hesitation, branding them as they brand everything else anywhere from a lowly staff, a sub-guest to the top brass of any society.

There were extraterrestrial dignitaries on board from the many other planets surrounding, millionaires gathered among their kind, and certainly those spying eyes sent from the Commonwealth that seemed to be, more than ever, showing its most carnal regret for letting their once project in Amoï go after its successful coup.

They still have not outlived their lamentations for the doings of the old Jupiter. What more now that Jupiter had become embodied by someone as heartless as Iason Mink?

Wolves no doubt that were flocking the tables of Tanagura. But it somehow amused the top Blondie to invite a few of their representatives, after observing the Federation to have set up installation somewhere so near the planet under the premise of making itself available and at Tanagura’s disposal when needed.

Such obvious l i e s. Yet let it not be said that it was something that would ruin the evening.

As a matter of fact, it was already decided by the Council that they will take this time to somehow be provocative towards the Commonwealth. They will be displaying their full force during the Gala, in an event hosted by all of the Blondies that was very rare an opportunity indeed, holding nothing back but the finer details to reaffirm their might and independence as a superpower beyond the control of anything other than their own on the planet.

The venue itself was a testament to this in that regard, the way it had been so opulently decorated, the preparations running on for a few weeks at least before this appointed date, now appearing to be quite ostentatiously rich with a mix of forgotten culture and fascination and, as its guests came dressed to match, with this mystifying charm.

It was after all a Masquerade. Thus the trend was the theme, and the more imposing the costume, the ideal it was. Which only served to confound some of the unfamiliar visitors and next horrify some of the Pets it seemed.

The affair was, in every sense, a break of the social norm that these breeds were used to - unique, defying, fluctuating... just like the Master and his Pet who will be celebrated today. For in replacement of the usual and now-deemed extremely normal, by Neu-Jupiter’s Standards, of a cotillion, Riki was getting a Fete of all Fetes, this foreign yet altogether intriguing case.

As the Pets came in tow right after their owners, their eyes could only widen with impossible confusion. For even the best of the Academy’s breeds were not fully aware at what was to happen, exhausting their handlers and their masters in turn who somewhat want their toys to extend their best foot forward. Especially in the face of Iason’s beloved whose clearly distinct intelligence and understanding was very much unmissable even at first glance.

Add that to the pressure of actually dressing up one’s Household for the occasion so you do not end up a crying shame or the laughing stock to the masterful hosts.

How many individuals on the day-to-day basis had actually brutalized their networks for data on this subject the few days before? Then harassed the tailors, dress mistresses and makers of couture in those fashionable shops for the perfect ensemble?

Laughable.

This all-too-sudden shift of gravitation towards the ancient and unusual type of merriment, foreseeing these sorts of events to become a tradition though still in the making after Riki’s. Where masks of all variations were suddenly the vogue, everyone who was mingling with everyone else in the Gala trying to maintain this enigmatic air about their personalities as they dragged their large puffy dresses, ornamented robes, equally adorned Pets and consorts about in a haughty show of their own personal wealth and standing. This, with the richness of all the colours suddenly flooding Tanagura, making it a symbolism synonymous to excess.

Just how it should be. Just how it must be, what with the voracious dominance Tanagura was set to impress upon the masses. 

Everyone was excited although they have not seen anything yet.


The Exclusive had arrived safely upon the premises of Jupiter's Tower.

After his transport had docked to a private landing away from prying eyes some level short of the venue itself, with the entourage promptly dispersed and positioned all over the area, he was helped out of the Aircar by the Furniture left to him by his Master, the Pet sighing in exasperation as both Kantre and Katrice were taking the time to fold and secure the train behind his costume, careful that the delicate fabrics in connection did not get caught on anything or got ripped, having memorized every part of the Rose and the functions they will later reveal.

For example, they had for all purposes opted to make the attire cut lower down the back, to provide not only a means for their Master’s wings to slip loose or to show the sensuous contour of his spine and the muscles there, but to likewise reveal Jupiter’s Mark, the very symbol of his identity.

Then there was that form-contouring front, made of darker lace and light charmeuse of similar shade with that somehow see-through effect so as to provide a peek of his tight pectorals that was part of the overall appeal of his trained muscles there, the broadness of his shoulders, the fine lines of his neck and the gait of his body.

Other Pets could fantasize, but to the Furniture, their Master Riki was the epitome of perfection that, be he clothed or naked, would stay the System’s favourite, and their Master Iason’s only beloved. Even if he was fickle and nervous at the moment, despite having the venue thundering more with his attempts at being calm, there was a grace to his features still. The Twins shared a knowing smile.

“Master, please, just breathe. We will be there soon,” they assured him, aiming to reach the Holding Lounge the fastest possible where there were certain precautions put in place to settle the Pet’s nerves before the Gala starts. But for now, while yet on their way, all they could do was console him. “Master Iason is waiting. Please ease your worries."

That was what he was actually having problems with. One could not fathom why the Pet still had his uncertainties even at this point, even after going so far. As if the Mongrel in him had these qualms and had become the voice in his head that he's quarreled with very often leading to tonight's events.

That or he was indeed just behaving like a Bride should, whom, being separated from his Groom, was somewhat anxious, yet excited, and embarrassed on account of their public honeymoon that was to come after. Why must this even happen?

‘How did I ever end up in a situation like this?’ 

Riki knew his answers. Also that somehow, in his heart of hearts, he felt that he was in the right place.

All of this, no matter how dangerous, scandalous or exaggerated this might evolve into moving forth, he felt that it was the only world where he was destined to be. Beloved by that Man who had taken him from the depths of the Slums to the highest form of affection.

If he could but survive the night...

Chapter 65

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

...The men,
ready in blazers and tuxes,
wearing their masks,
awaiting their midnight mistress,
their...sexy seductress.
Then, the man in black and white,
guides his mistress under the moonlight,
for a dance, perhaps a kiss,
at the stroke of midnight.
At midnight, the clock sounds,
and all you see is the spinning of gown after gown.
Ding. Dong. Ding. Dong.
the sound becomes a beat,
ready and awaiting the eager dancers feet.

 

Linda Kessler: "Masquerade" Year 2012

Despite the purpose of them being for the concealment of attendees, to amass this perplexing sort of effect, it was still easy to tell apart the crowd based on the masks they wore. Despite having them flood the venue in the many extravagant designs and ornamentation - veils, feathers, swirls, fabrics, the like - amongst the few that came with them in decoration, there appeared to be some format to the selection of what each attendee had don on for the night. Thus they were easily segregated by the eyeing surveillance.

As to complement the epic and often showy attire of the masters, or the minimum of that yet still intricate as in the case of the Pets who were brought, masks for the evening - either held or strung on - were suited with an abundance of colour and attachments such as a length of train or silk curls, lace and exotic plumage harvested and imported from other planets, rich baubles of variably sized jewels set as centrepieces likewise a fad. Which make each other question as to the worth, rumours plenty afloat about costs of acquisitions just to be ready for this night...

The Volto was the type of choice for guests, especially among the aristocratic be they male or female, since it could be as immoderate as one wanted it to be, but highlighting in the beauty of its facial simplicity, most often with just the lusciously painted lips and bordered eye holes. It was the mask most couples wore whom, in their profuse headdresses and matching raiment, prized Pets with their studded collars paraded about and led by gloved hands, strut about the floor to make an example of themselves.

To outclass someone else, that seemed to be the evening sport, common to see the ladies and gentlemen whispering under the canopies of the venue’s design, glasses of wine in hand, talking about everyone else’s wear: 'Who is your couturier?’ , ‘How guaranteed is the authenticity?’ , ‘Have you seen the Blondies?’ - common topics.

But of course with such a massive gathering and with so many important personages congregating under one place, security was also a main aspect of the Grand Gala both outside and inside the Lower Hall, easy to spot the presence of the trained staff and guards as these straight-of-back and stern-of-stature men go about to make certain that the order was maintained, executing their duties with much professionalism and a certain air that merges them with the venue itself to be its living and breathing personification.

The general personnel were distinct with their Zanni masks, those glossy, colourfully painted ones in checkered patterns with their pronounced features of bulging brows, lowered foreheads and cheeks, emphasized elongated noses typical of the ancient theatre classics eons before the date. They were Furniture fit for the affair, in form-fitting double-breasted uniforms that set them apart from the invitees, the ushers in their best coat-tails moving the crowd to their proper places. Alongside the guards who kept the peace.

As for the Grand Gala’s sentinels, their masks were the plainer Medico della Peste, those similar with what the staff were wearing but inclined more towards the appearance of birds, the crooked or arched noses of them resembling beaks as they moved about in their feathered robes and suits, of a shade formal to separate them from the crowd, droids and bots at their disposal as they scan the venue every minute or two for abnormalities, determined to not be outdone in their own territory, especially when it had been announced that the Ruling Class of the System was to make their appearance.

They stood aside like statues, but kept their sharp eyes trained upon everyone else, moving slow along the tables and the presenters who were in charge of the entertainments. Some were even invisibly vanished among the drapes, as if hugging to the shadows. It was both unnerving as it was theatrical, making them the mention likewise of intrigued murmurs.

Lastly, there were the actual performers, the dancers, musicians and the singers whose fluid motions lend the Grand Gala an even more sidereal allure, these light-footed entertainers whom, upon their respective stages, were like dolls and marionettes, or the silly ingenuity reminiscent of the Commedia of defunct eras, each choosing for themselves a certain false face that more or less represent the being behind the cover up.

Such as the Arlecchino for the dancers, the Pantalone for the musicians of the epic orchestra, and the unevenly sided Opera masks for the surreal songsters of the choirs. Fitting, since all the former needed were their gestures and silky choreography to give life to their art, in fluid costumes and nimbleness as they spun to the accompaniment of the equally cunning minstrels. But the choir imparting their voice like angels in triumphant chorus. They surely needed more freedom to belt out their glorious songs and ballads, no amount of automation able to contend with the power and rawness of actual human/creature vocals.

Each strange and unique. The parts made up the sum in whole and all in all was in perfect harmony of each other as they coalesced for the enjoyment of the mass in attendance. Such spectacle that only the Blondies could plan out!


The lights mellowed, signaling the beginning of the Gala, as the music rose from the low hum of strings and wind instruments that had welcomed the guests to a marvelous symphony, thundering higher and higher to the sudden burst of starlight, the brainchild of the event’s Creative Team, projected from the many a concealed nucleic mechanism that transformed the ceiling into a very corner of space, as if the entire venue itself was afloat in outer space.

With this, the dancers took their spots, swooshing in with their broad and elaborate dresses, the uniformed masks that left nothing of their original identities visible, as the sudden voice of an equally disguised diva likewise beamed, strong and true, rolling towards this epic peak the story of an old civilization, filling the hall with its lyrics, the melancholy of the verse backdropped only by the choir and the present orchestra.

She was too tall to be a common being, an elite perhaps though this was uncertain, for the ribbons and shimmering organza with its profuse flower details affixed to her Metal Filigree Opera Mask decorated of musical notes and symbols, afforded her the luxury of being unknown, as upon her floating pedestal she crooned to the guests like a siren, her gown emphasizing her narrow waistline to catch some of the projected stars.

But this was just the start of it, senses enslaved with delight as the very occurrences of their actual star system grazed the event, the projection of a dying sun appearing above before it exploded. While the diva's song escalated to those impossible heights, her gestures extending with a grace to the heavens as, like that same sun, her song too burst into a proud blaze, and in the similar way gently faded under the spotlight...

The first performance of the evening to open this amazing event.

There was a booming applause from the mesmerized crowd, and whistles of approval at something they had not ever seen before, had never really entertained the idea of in the boredom of their usual social gatherings.

So this was what a Masquerade was like? Fitting for a breakthrough affair, breathtaking that some of those present had slipped their masks off to take a better look, in awe and anticipating what was to come next, crowding the sidelines, halting whatever it was that they were doing. Because now it was time for the main characters of the Grand Gala to make their entrance, the music once more growing, the lights shifting to pulse like a heartbeat.


Elsewhere, Katron had joined his brothers and were busy readying the Pet, Riki doing the best he could to calm his nerves further, steadying his breath, closing his eyes, and focusing on just making this walk, on making it to the centre of this gathering to see him, his beloved Master whom at the moment he seemed to desperately miss.

'I wonder what Iason is feeling. Had he even thought of me today? Is he all right?' he could not tell really, that Holding Lounge he’d just been kept in equipped to tune him out of the System on purpose even for just a few minutes while they were preparing him, the Trinity's movements all well-synchronized.

His uncertainties. But why must he have such questions really when he knew that there would be more than just resolutions to all his doubts tonight? That surely as the Blondie had done always, he would sweep all of these emotions away?

They just have to meet.

They just need to see each other.

The suspense and anxiety were a terrible mix however, smoothing itself but like some power would soon overwhelm. Hopefully Riki does not lose his nerves any further than he's already had. He was a distraught lover all day, wanting to be taken into those arms...


As if they were star-crossed lovers meant to meet in the midst of a turmoil, the top Blondie stood separate from where Riki was, not having seen him for this long, wanting to, dying as it was figuratively to enfold him, needing to show him the magnitude of his affections. This Gala was not enough. This life. Nothing would be ever enough to fully express it.

"Iason...we are all ready..."

The other Blondies and their words. Tonight it feels as if they did not exist, as if the atmosphere about them did not at all retain form. That there was only him and his most beloved. Just like how it felt then, in Dhana-Bahn, when only the two of them ever trod the fires, to have died and faced the music as a couple together.

He was recalling these things quite clearly these last few days admittedly, which made him remember likewise how far he's fallen just to get to this moment, just what it was he had to give up and grow into, discovered and learnt. Even now he was remembering, as he raised his Lord’s Mask, the male counterpart to his Exclusive’s own - a pair by design, covering his face for the Masquerade.

It was time to cut to the chase as Neu-Jupiter uttered the words that only brought him closer to seeing the most important being in his life again.

"We proceed then..."


It was only fitting that for their feline graces, Iason had elected the Gatto half mask to be used by their three, which was easily discernible by its signature ears and even whiskers, the cat-like playfulness as the Triplets stared out through the eye holes with their Karinese gems.

As with everything else, of course they'd also opted to decorate theirs with dangling gems and gossamer, choosing the purest spun gold and silver, these colors brandishing the relation they had to the House they chose to serve to their deaths, donning them on with pride.

"It should be Master Iason’s turn to make an entrance, then afterwards, yours , Master Riki," whispered Katron softly to the Pet while the other two helped the Exclusive with his mask, having stayed in close monitoring of the run of the program outside.

By comparison, this should be by far the best news their charge has ever heard of all day. That he was about to be reunited with his Master.

His anticipation was clear as Riki tried to peer through the veiling curtains, but alas could not have seen it at all. Likened to some wedding customs of the planet from where their history came from, they were two who would not meet until the last minute. The Exclusive had no choice but to patiently wait.

But this did not mean he was blind and deaf to everything, for as he waited there, he not only heard the song to which Iason would make his march, but feel the Blondie himself call to him.

The System fluctuated in a way that only he could notice, a shift too low-key for the ordinary to sense but was entirely there and obvious to him, the equivalent of a kiss that drew Riki in. To this he smiled. So the Blondie, despite all that unshakable confidence, could likewise feel something resembling these jitters the Pet all-too-openly feels. And just as all-too-openly manifests.


The Blondies' entrance was never short of dramatic, met by a change in the pulse of the light, the shift in the rise of the music and the appearance once more of the beautiful Mystery Diva who sang that familiar love song: the 214. Something Iason himself requested due to quite a number of sentimental reasons. The hymn to which him and his brothers stepped into as they made their way towards the fulfillment of this event.

The venue's projection suddenly changed.

The diva on her pedestal also shifted dress, wearing a costume that looked so much like a waterfall, as two by two the other Elites of Elites revealed themselves from behind the damask curtains, much like the Senators of a vanished Holy Court, or the Paladins that conquered over the lands, difficult to tell who was who as their masked procession commenced down the grand staircase of the Lower Hall, their manes free like the banners that represented each Blondie's own House and responsibility in Tanagura, falling down the sides of the balconies only lower to none other than Neu-Jupiter’s own.

Impressive that they could be so bold to all appear when even in Parthia this feat was impossible. Besides the last Pet Auction, this was only the second time in actuality that the Council gathered as a whole. Perhaps it was a sign? This would not be the last that the thirteen of them would be seen to congregate in a similar fashion. Perhaps in other even more impressive pursuits?

The ambiance had completely altered, aquatic it seemed as the floor became this splendid ocean, but utterly placid that each step the Blondies took created perfect ripples on the surface and only that, the lights reflecting upon it a myriad of colours that reverberated in the same way.

Everyone’s breath held. Especially now as the Blondies, each with their usually impressive presence, made that entrance to command, all attention drawn to them as they descended, a flow of robes and capes and ruffled costumes in the exquisite brocade detailing particular to the years of yore being simulated in this event, the more elaborate of attires fast becoming their standard already.

As these known Adonises came dressed for the night like the Venetian Princes, a vision of its historical valiance, in finality standing in wait at the centre of the Lower Hall, the groomsmen of the new god of Tanagura. The floor reverberated into wide circles around them, the swish of those lengthy capes making quiet, illusory waves that were quickly pacified once each member found their place.

Only when the procession receded, golden heads turned upward to look in anticipation of their brother, from behind their masked faces, did the top Blondie at last appear...

The vision of Iason was pretty much straightforward, unobtrusive, his grand Knight Suit built more like his Emperor’s Garb, a personification of the mighty lord that spearheads this lofty Kingdom.

It was composed of, firstly, a form-fitting layer or undersuit, in the hue of his name and the gold of his Palace, the lighter shade of his post. It had raised designs in places, each contrasting so splendidly but oddly clean that the said tailoring needed closer inspection to see the truth of these meticulous embroideries, the material chosen being highly minimalist, the patterns swimming upon it in with discretion.

Katron said the lack of further detail had reason. Riki had wondered what that was. But as if to oppose it, the Suit's outer layer over that became a whole new story.

Embroidered boldly this time as a significant contrast to the undersuit, the symbols of Iason’s Seal woven in with such delicacy, the said layer clasped and wound around Iason’s form in many places, like he had been embraced by petals from behind, though the intricacy did nothing to hide the sculpt of his form.

The tail likewise dragged behind in a lengthy drape, a train that was half or lesser than that of Riki’s costume, but with a certain softness as he made his way down the stairs, an air of confidence and boldness that took less to none a jewelry to enhance. Neu-Jupiter with his mask, seamless and somewhat whole, its own finery of thinner chains that strung the Blondie's ear surprisingly, coupled with that lengthy silk of golden hair, sweeping backwards with a grace. Decidedly made masculine to match his Bride’s.

Iason Mink finally stood there amongst his brethren to wait upon the altar, awaiting the arrival of his wife to be.

Now it was Riki’s turn...

As the Diva’s voice echoed the song, Iason settled upon his spot in the middle of their assemblage, from the ceiling, a tumult of petals had began to fall. This was for the Exclusive, to colour his awaited coming.

As the silks parted aside outer to innermost to open the chambers where he had been confined, the Pet had finally began his crucial walk, past chiseled columns, the arrangements there, the overall fascination of the location as the petals fell around him, the same vanishing before touching the carpet.

The watery illusion seemed to ease aside as he moved forward to the music, assisted by the Trinity, the Twin Betas behind, Katron, the Alpha, cradling his hand carefully up front...

The costume of Riki’s Rose of the Night had many focal points.

Of note, besides the fingerless lace gloves that only reached all the way to the Pet’s wrist, was the choker that came to match. It was in itself a beauty of detail. Flowy with light netting but twined in seamless silver whose clasps were unseen, both hardness and softness, divine as it resembled a decorated coronet, inverted, embellished with a large cabochon centrepiece where a line of smaller stones dangled from, not to mention where links and some very delicate lines began and ended, those too, pendent with the smallest of crystals that instead of swinging freely seemed to adhere to the skin there.

As for his hair, it had the roses twined into them just above his nape that, instead of being simply pinned in, looked like they had grown through his tresses there, connected to a simple and very thin band wrapping along his forehead where his dark tresses had been swept back.

Then there was the splendidly done train. Guests will be speaking of it for all eternity. The folds easing from around his sculpted hips and making a backdrop for his stride, legs encased in soft leather tightness and the signature boots. The Queen with his lovely Columbina, contrasting his beloved’s Bauta mask. 

With this, they were the very counterpart of each other. Effecting a loveliness even if Riki had not unfurled his wings. Iason was literally smitten at that sight of him yet again. The Exclusive likewise as their eyes met...

This was the first time they had seen each other all day and the tension that was more than unbearable somewhat faded. Everyone could feel it, this attraction. A finely dressed couple that set the standards so inescapably high not only in terms of love and devotion, but in the display of it.

“Pet...my beloved,” Iason, extending his gloved hand to the one being who held his attention, as if the world had vanished completely, the music vanishing into the distance, the ardent attendees, his brethren, even the reasons as to why all this was unfolding here and now. As Riki all but eagerly melted into his welcoming embrace, heart beating loudly, craning his head up to look at the Blondie.

Neu-Jupiter reached to remove his mask, easing it aside before reaching out to likewise do the same for his lover, casting these false faces that they had no need of aside. Surprisingly, the masks stayed hovering beside them. The product of propulsion and magnetism, the Trinity the progenitors of this little magic trick.

But they approved of the motion. Even more so as now, the unhindered countenances of both their Masters were too romantically connected, Iason touching his forehead to Riki's forehead, nose to nose, eyes to staring eyes, then...lips upon wanting lips, the Pet’s hands reaching to clasp needily onto Iason’s Suit as the other drew his pliant body possessively in, kissing him deeper, thirsting for this intimacy in a very long time. All this depravity only heightened the feeling between both.

The System hummed in agreement.

And so did the majority of those around as the two shared their realest and most heartfelt marriage kiss.

Notes:

Hold on to your seats. We're almost there... xDD
On the next chapters: A farewell, a coupling, and the Will for the Blondies revealed.

Chapter 66

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

[[ Author's Ek-Ek: Before we move on to this chapter of Cinco, I would like to invite everyone to likewise read some of my original works found in my Notebook of Originals. This Series is where I will be throwing some of my best fantasy shorts and all those other stories I’d accumulated in those old hand-written manuscripts and sheets I used to keep when I was younger.

I am now practicing to once again get into the swing of creative fiction. Who knows? I might have the knack for it too. I hope you guys support me... ]]


The Grand Gala for all its purposes was still the Exclusive’s Coming Out, thus it was inevitable that as the night progressed, Pet Coupling was set forth as one of the major interludes of the evening, the elites and other guests in the spirit of the celebration, beginning to get drunk on all they have seen and experienced thus far, were themselves anticipating the games.

Even the Blondies were here to make the most of that, their own Pets being brought in at single file and paraded shamelessly for show, bare of skin and scarce clothed by silk, as the proud owners watched from the canopied balcony of their plateau, the Furniture assigned to do the escorting pausing briefly with the said Pets as the respective Masters approved discreetly of the motions, nodding as their toys were lead away to the stages set up in another section of the Lower Hall.

Impressive things, the results of many ruthless years of manipulation, thorough-breeding and engineering. Not to mention the flagrant training, all of these dolls meant for a life of sexual servitude, without complaints, bodies built to spoil under such rotten and still very much unchanging standards. Fine specimens for display and voyeurism, the tiered performances beginning with bouts of self-pleasure as the best of the lot, the Blondies’ Pets no doubt, strut around in their horny states already taking pick of the group.

Although this was done in a more tasteful manner what with the theme still in effect and all that, Riki could still not help but scowl at what these classy fiends called their ‘entertainment’. Noticeable, the strongly disdained expression coming from the only Pet on the Blondies’ level as his Master and the other members of the Council were being served fare in golden plates and wine in slender flutes by none other than the Trinity Furniture, Katron himself busy beside the System’s beloved, making certain that he is comfortable in his seat while Neu-Jupiter was talking with some of his brothers. About Politics notably, taking measure of the dignitaries present. The Class had not gone down to mingle with the waiting crowd just yet.

The Exclusive supposed this was best, to be set apart, not at all feeling the pressure of being needed down there where the other playthings were, spreading their legs to begin fondling themselves in a scandalous show to start for the guests. He was way past that phase. What he felt pressure for however was towards his own performance that was drawing nearer. The first one with Iason Mink in what he considers to be public, the feat of a Master taking his own Pet unheard of in previous times but, this night, was going to be an exemption, the very significance of it to be revealed to certain eyes.

Beside himself, Riki gave an untoward shiver.

To be lost in the shades of azure that was all the Blondies’ collective eyes,  to be observed by them as he would be so utterly worked over by his beloved, to proceed to act in just a similarly brazen fashion, despite the fact that he would do so with Iason - the idea made him blush. Something which he hid under the minimal light. As before him, all the world pulsed: the songs, the music, the chatter, the décor, the strangers unknown and unseen behind these gayish masks, the performers, dancers or other - all of it! - mingled to appear as one. Even those Pets put to their parts seemed in their proper place, as he was in his rightful place. He was just glad to have had his moments before all this should go out of hand at some point.


The earlier events.

Thus the crowd was in awe, as the kiss lingered passionately, but gently breaking, lips released but not without small presses, caresses, Iason mindful to not make a panting mess of his Bride just yet. His eyes looked at that face instead, fingers rising to glide his gloved palm over the Exclusive’s cheek, thumb easing over the very same lips he had earlier so eagerly claimed. Utterly beautiful in every conceivable way. Beyond what an ancient brush can capture, what the most sophisticated of technologies can mould. As the petals fell around him, Riki was a sight that Neu-Jupiter wants emblazoned in his memory for all their eternity, each meeting like this of grand importance but perhaps not as significant as tonight. This was the point of no return, the very heights of Iason Mink’s titanium declaration, their vows to settle all and overcome all.

“I love you. With everything that is what I am.

“Will you accept the being I had become out of this affection that I feel for you?” said the top Blondie with not a trace of regret nor reservation, the music fading behind his very clear words, doing what was never known of anyone in his Class, of him most especially, and falling upon a knee, taking Riki’s own hand in his to press more adoring kisses there, before turning the full force of his attention back up to his Exclusive’s face.

The crowd waited for the Pet’s response, pressing near in anticipation where the security allowed them, Riki, appearing to have paused even as he allowed their fingers to lace, Iason awaiting his sentence as a proper lover would after the hard courtship to win the prized fondness that he had sought for so long. The Blondies appeared to be tense as they stood by in the same manner. Zico in the crowd. Katze, Norris, the Trinity, Guy under his new persona...everyone in attendance. Was there something wrong? The Exclusive was taking time to answer and this was spreading a mild stress across the Lower Hall.

But then Iason caught it, that faint trace of a tear sliding down the side of his beloved’s face, upon the same cheek he had caressed, then another stream down the other until it was a continuous fall, Riki unable to contain his own emotions and raising his backhand to cover his mouth where he had bitten a lip, trying to hold down a sob. He had seen it, the past that lay behind them now and all its dangers, all its fears and even the hate and the bitterness, likewise, the future that would be with this Man before him, the future the old god Jupiter had shown them. Riki had no other path to take but forward. He could not see it any other way, could not see Iason taking that same path on without him.

That was his only fear now, was it? To leave the Blondie’s side?

He could not allow Iason to go on alone with all this responsibility. He wanted to be part of it. His heart would not be able to take it, the vision of his beloved mourning for the loss of him. He wanted to be with him and only him...

“As I, you,” the Pet finally mustered, with all the affection he felt, all emotions overwhelming that he did finally cry, but not by his lonesome, for Iason had shot up and wrapped him in his arms, enfolding him quite dearly, pressing him close to his heart and kissing the flowers in his hair. Some more of the blatant display as eternity was sealed for the lovers that very moment, applause and approval rising from all over the venue, resounding throughout the cosmos that all should know.

The Council looked on in agreement. Their allies, the very protectors of their love, nodding in relief and with supportive smiles on their faces, even Guy as he bowed his head and likewise shed a tear for what had been. His Riki, no, he must keep that out of his mind; the Exclusive had now been officially wed to the most powerful being on the planet. He belongs to no one but Iason Mink.

“We toast!”

Wine was passed about, the Blondies raising their crystal goblets to the following of the guests present. While in the very midst of them was Iason once more claiming his weeping wife's lips for more of the affectionate kisses, to convey his sincerest devotion, feeling as though nothing could ever stop them, the System thrumming with a calm that was in unison to their shared commitment.

This...was the end of the old era in which they had once existed in, the Blondie and the Mongrel that had become his Pet. This...was also the start of an even greater battle as the world and those other realms beyond turned their eyes to Tanagura’s Lovers, the faint glimpse of certain inflections - be they good or bad intentions - swimming briefly before their very eyes, behind masked faces and the expressions there unseen.


Ding. Dong. Ding. Dong.
the couples dance, but not for long,
for this...
this is the, Last. Song.

 

Linda Kessler: "Masquerade" Year 2012

The dances were to begin in earnest, and at the fore was the First Dance of the two, the couples in attendance waiting as Riki calmed himself and, taking his Blondie’s hand, began their way about the venue. But not before revealing a secret to the pair’s unsurpassable costumes, with Riki’s Columbina and its lover which was Iason’s Bauta, just both afloat around them.

They took the centre of the Hall, Neu-Jupiter who was particularly yet quietly elated leading his Exclusive to the floor as the projections shifted, now showing the illusion of the whole assembly seemingly treading upon the breakable surface of Rose Windows, complete with the projected light as if the sun was streaming through from the outside under everyone’s feet. As the other Blondies, not much in the mood or into the idea of dancing, took to their resplendent Private Balcony, to observe the happenings or orchestrate them as in the case of the Grand Gala’s Master of Ceremonies, Orpheus Zavi, the Elegant Noble not at all failing everyone’s expectations. The affair was as imposing as he’d intended.

Then all eyes fell on the power couple, making it to where they were supposed to begin, with a surprise to descry involving the trains of their outfits which were slowly retracting at every step, Katron and his twins sharing a secret smile as the length of them trailed behind lower than they had began earlier.

Of course it was an elementary feat in the book.

Everyone knew how it was quite possible, that is, for Blondies to have the luxury to change their hair lengths at will. But it was rather taboo enough that, in history, Iason was the only member of the Class to ever have done it for certain purposes before. Raoul had played once to it, to apprehend that forgotten Ruby, but never as drastic in the manner by which Iason had used it.

Well, the Jupiter Couple’s trains followed similar principles, woven out utilizing the same technology nonetheless, a means available to the House of Neu-Jupiter to use for whatever purpose they may have of it. Such as what the Trinity had done for this gathering, the crowd figuring what it was they were looking at.

Had they been some sort of virtual or holographic projections? Or are they real to the touch? Now that was a curiosity, as the three brothers who masterminded the raiment stayed close by in wait albeit were not telling. There’s to be more of their theatrics. They are after all the Trinity Furniture of Neu-Jupiter’s House.

Ah, but look how the *Royal Cathedral had now curved the Pet’s waist in such a sensual way, wrapping as if the fabrics they’d use were his inanimate lovers, falling just above his ankles to free his movements, showcasing more of his strong legs. And their Master Iason’s was now a shorter cape, dropping to the same suitable length but a wave graceful right behind him, to emphasize his imperial demeanor, the carriage of his form as he proudly brandished his inamorato like some ancient general’s badge of honour.

A most staggering image as, together, they met and moved to the music, the singers, musicians and other accompanying elements coming into a marriage of aesthetics as well, the stained glass motif of the projections beneath their steps rising like crystal shards as they whirled past it. Each stride was deft and breathtaking, the top Blondie not sparing every opportunity to press his beloved close to him, to whisper those three words ‘I love thee ’, these words the root to his very life, Riki arching to him in the heat of the melody, feeling his Blondie’s passion overflow.

Then, in a strange crescendo of the moment, as the intensity of their progress reached a peak, the two promptly...vanished from sight, To the gasp and amazement of everyone, people jarred at the sudden disappearance of the lovers.

But there was no need to fret, really, as this was but all part of the plan, the Triplets again sharing the jest as all too suddenly the couple had magickally resurfaced, the Pet having unfurled his hidden plumage, scattering loose feathers about, his raven’s slick wings sparkling with their trademark black diamonds.

A trick of the Knight Suit, Jupiter’s to be standard dress, the form able to refract light at will, bend and reflect it, affording the stealth necessary for this display to work.

Astonishing! A spectacle!

The audience were up from their seats and applauding, as in another series of blinks, the two but faded and materialized someplace else to continue their dance, phasing in an out of the floor that even the illusion beneath could not keep up with them completely. As if they were smoke dancing into thin air.

As for the two, they were lost in each other’s embrace, just them both paying attention to one another and nothing more, this hour reserved for them alone, no one else mattering more as they moved in a singular manner, the System united by the very flutter of their hearts.

And what a happy feeling this was.


The Exclusive recalled all of it with a smile, their glorious moment together, to be loved so much just like that, enough that somehow the upcoming Sacred Coupling between them seemed to feel appropriate. Nervous still, yes, that was a given , but then accepting of it despite his slight hesitations. Because Iason would be the one whom he’s to be proceeding it with.

For now then, Riki was enjoying the view, at least, what he could take of it as the Pet mountings had long began, the others’ collective moans and sighs mingling with the sound of strings and echoing violins. He fastened his eyes upon that Mysterious Diva instead, as she was crooning her soul all over the Lower Hall, now gaining some admirers herself despite remaining where she was on that soaring height. Katron was beside affording him service, while he was seated there watching everyone else, solitary the love of Neu-Jupiter as the latter had began to entertain guests on their level, greeting each VVIP personally with his brothers as they were ushered on and off that assigned section of the Elite of Elites’ Balcony.

But none bothered Riki. His peace was treated with care. Although from among the league of the Class itself, there were some Blondies who wanted to indulge a conversation with him, particularly Gideon Lagat, who thought the Pet to have debuted quite beautifully earlier, admiring him from a distance for now as was only allowed of everyone else during the earlier events.

The charisma of these affairs, he usually would be sailing through the crowd in conversation, and the centre of attention too, but had surprisingly decided to stay off that this instance, if only to glimpse the Pet who was making him smile. Aisha Rosen stood right beside, the thoughts in his mind unknown as his eyes were more focused on his fellow Blondie.

Gideon would have actually stepped out of bounds, if not for Riki himself cutting that opportunity when he spotted something particularly familiar to him below, the image of a certain redhead discussing with his acquaintances he can assume, likewise with Norris, Riki was guessing, and that must be Max surely, the latter two also in attire.

The lords of the Black Market were here? That shouldn’t have come as a shock. And then everyone there took notice of Riki as he rose to his feet, “I’ll be back Iason!” that before he sprinted off to the side immediately, finding the stairs that he half-ran, half-flew down of to get to his friends.

“Katron…” Neu-Jupiter gestured towards knowingly, the Furniture immediately reacting to the summons with understanding. “Excuse us then, Master,” he spoke.

After a bow, he was off as well, grabbing Riki’s mask from where he had lain it on a side table to leap gracefully onto the balcony, jumping off without fear as he slipped his Gato mask down that way his Karinese eyes need not bothered anyone. Like the most agile of acrobats, he made the landing, the hologram of the floor exploding into Taraxacum florets disrupted from their stalks, managing to end just a few paces to where his charge was.

The Blondies all shook their heads at the display. These new developments to life in Tanagura, specifically coming from Iason’s House, needed more than just adaptability. Things were running fast if not faster into a new age in the Capital.

“Your Furniture is truly unconventional,” was what they all agreed to and always emphasized. “Your Pet on the other...is most unpredictable.”

Neu-Jupiter just smiled at that, taking a whiff of the wine served him to note its refined citrusy undertone, leaving the pleasantries to take his seat, the Twins of the Trinity instantly to his side and bowing, awaiting orders, as the well-wishers had been kept at bay by the topmost step leading up to their Balcony, regardless of position or origin.

“Or he could simply be bored,” the top Blondie teased to Orphe’s mild discontent, but amended with a small advice to all his brethren. “Leave him alone. It isn’t time for the highlights just yet.

“Allow my Pet to do as he pleases. For now...”


“Master, slow down…you will ruin your costume!” Katron was calling out over the crowd whom, though surprised by the sudden appearance of the winged Pet of Neu-Jupiter, sought his audience immediately, but were stopped and held back by the empowered throng of guards in their dark, crow-like suits, like shadows crowding, Orphe Zavi above them this hawk signaling the sentries to make clear for the Exclusive a path to wherever he was headed, but to make sure he was always in sight, as was proper. Anyway, they need not worry of harm. The Furniture was right behind him.

“What’s this…?”

But someone else seemed to have bested the crowd and the number of guards, this lone figure, a masked man of tall stature who had stepped up before the Pet and, upon the crook of his arm, was carrying a basket of familiar blooms once known to Riki when he had been staying in Eos I. The Clarissa Mellow Lavinia, a showy specimen of a flower that seven colours merged to become at creation, memorable because this...was Mimea’s favourite.

Yet the image of her had blurred out in his mind alongside all his sense of familiarity - her voice, her appearance, her identity...those times they’d spent together when once they had been in that Garden Level.

It appears the System was not going to allow her to be anything more than a fading memory, like everything else that the old god deemed unnecessary in its plans. Riki didn’t try to fight it though. Perhaps there were things better off left in the dust; just sad that there are things he no longer had the luxury of keeping in his thoughts…

Upon seeing the Exclusive’s face turn down in a manner of sorrowed contemplation, the figure picked from his basket a stalk of the lovely bloom, offering it to the Pet with a sweeping bow, a harlequin, supposedly to be removed by Security but Riki had motioned them to stand down. There was something about him. The Pet wanted to see what it was.

“A Flower Seller?” Riki accepted the offering blankly as he spoke, gaze not leaving the other as he held the said token to his chest, the gesture secretly making the Giver of which very happy.

Flower Sellers. The Exclusive understood them to be a custom. He basically had access to the endless knowledge that explained them in full and, as tutored by Katron one time before the Gala, would be common during the Fetes, Masquerades or Parties of this sort in those eons forgotten. They were regarded as Bearers of Good Fortune where they came, from whom guests and visitors purchased flowers to decorate themselves for the night, the gesture believed to bring much luck to all who have bought from these auspicious purveyors.

This seemed to be likewise part of the program.

From the looks of it, he was not the only one around either as, already, there were many such a costumed staff tarrying about with their own baskets of various flowers, the attendees now happily making their purchases from the merchant mummers, giving them to the ladies, giving them to some of the favoured Pets.

“Ah. So then I need to pay the Seller?” Riki smiled and sought to complete the gesture, but to his surprise, the Giver declined, shaking his masked head. “But why?”

There came no response. In fact, instead of anything else, there was but this aura of melancholy about the being who stood before the Pet, the mummer’s exaggerated gestures aside, as if those eyes gazing down at him from their holes, the only sign that there was someone behind that false face, had much more that he wanted to convey. Even Katron felt it, his empathic senses at work as he approached, but then Katze called him aside discreetly, requesting him over before he could utter a word to the Exclusive.

“Give it a few minutes,” said the redhead to the Furniture as he stopped him there.

It was all right that the Alpha kept his eyes set upon the Pet should there be any trouble. Just as long as the two were afforded this one opportunity. It was something important to the masquerading Seller and Katze wanted to give him his chance.

As for Riki, he had cast his sights down upon the flower this time, touching gentle fingers to its petals then, with a light inhale, pressing just the tip of his nose there. His features seemed to brighten more at the presence of this single blossom, like a candle he was to the eyes of the other. He was this beacon in the dark, a vision as he folded his wings behind him.

“Uhm, thank you. But does my benefactor have a name?”

The stranger said something else, “You look beautiful where you are. Rather the world is now tailor-made to fit you due to his influence, isn't it? He makes it all possible.”

“E-excuse me?”

Riki had not the time to understand it. The Seller gave him another bow, wanting to have taken that hand, but since he had been advised against making any further contact, he stilled himself and stopped. Although he kept this pretty picture in his head, of how he could tarry off with Neu-Jupiter’s Pet to someplace only the two of them were privy to, a mad impulse and imagining, that was fruitless in the end really.

He could not escape from here with this prize, basically because, one, there will not be a place where he could carry him to that Tanagura would not find him; two, the way Riki looked now, the way he is now as the spawn of the dead Jupiter, he clearly no longer belonged to the other man's world. He was to stay wed to Iason Mink because that Blondie was the only one capable of protecting what was once his. It was best to not let history repeat itself.

A bitter chuckle, next the tears of even greater bitterness. He was glad that his mask could do this at least, hide the pain he felt. But then he did transgress. He took Riki’s hand that is. And with the remains of what was still there of all his emotions, before he was made to forget it completely, he bestowed upon him...his last kiss goodbye.

“I’m sorry. Farewell

“...Riki,” he whispered.

He could have said mine, but he knows that he stakes no claim on someone who already belonged fully to another being, and that, finally finding himself in Riki’s presence, this fact was suffocating, rendering him unable to breathe, unable to contain the tightening in his chest, the throb squeezing at his heart. He wanted to remember this night yet never has he felt the one truest need to forget it.

He wanted to not recall how his former lover looked earlier, so in love with that Man, giving him all his smiles, sharing the laughter as the other drew him closely and whispered his affections to his Exclusive no doubt.

Riki’s utter happiness...Iason now held the sole propriety over it. And this he couldn’t take at all finally. This was too much for him to bear.

Just like that then, the Seller retreated before Riki could notice, letting go of his hand to vanish into the crowd. He had already become someone altogether new so what else was there left for him to revert back into? Hadn’t he long decided to never appear before Bison again? It should be best to no longer pursue Riki as well.

The old era, as many people would describe it, was over. That past, the one thing they had in common, just like his feelings, had already died. It had gone up in flames that day his beloved went back into the fire for the monster that was Iason Mink.

“G-Guy?”

“What are you doing?”

Riki turned to see Katze and his group arrive, the Alpha Furniture ushering them to his side. It was a distraction, for when he looked back to where that strange Seller was, the person had already disappeared, swallowed by the other guests and their excess. The Pet could no longer find him.

But there was a bigger mystery. It utterly felt like him didn't it? The manner by which that Seller moved, it was familiar, the Exclusive should know, for that person used to be his Pairing Partner since Guardian, his lover in their former gang and was in a sense one of the very few he could not have forgotten even if he’d wanted to.

Somehow he was looking for him among the attendees next, the pressing merrymakers now thicker as they gathered along the boundaries set by the guards, to catch a glimpse of the elusive Pet, murmuring amongst themselves how he looked as he was described, his Rose of the Night ensemble even more the brilliant triumph up close.

Riki however felt agitated, nagged by the encounter earlier. The System actually trembled with this enough that Neu-Jupiter left his brethren’s side to look down upon the venue and search for his Pet, easily finding him amidst those gathered. The top Blondie was later joined by Raoul who had read the flux upon his monitors, giving Iason his signature scowl.

“You're pale like you've just seen a ghost…” Below, Norris slipped his mask off, more like, he had pushed it up to the side of his head to get a better view of his friend’s face.

Indeed, their former leader’s expressions were wrapped in a mix of what the other mongrel could tell to be doubt, anxiety, a surprise... To which Katze narrowed his eyes. He told that fool not to do anything irrational. Never and most definitely not this night in the Grand Gala. Worse, it seemed to have been brought to his Blondie Master’s notice, as looking up, the former Furniture met eyes with Neu-Jupiter.

Thankfully, Katron could feel the irregularity in his charge’s being and eased in to help calm him, offering to get him something to drink while suggesting they head back to the Balcony. Where Riki belonged.

“...I thought I saw someone familiar but I might have been wrong…” Riki found his voice but it was slightly shaking.

He did not know how to feel, but at last gave in to this cadence close to sadness, letting that show upon his features, as he felt the tug of his Master’s summons convoking him to come home to his side, his companions encouraging that he do, although he was nailed to the spot.

Riki was not truly certain now and that was what was weakening, this possibility, that he could have encountered someone so significant to him in a previous life but could not even confirm it.

All that what was left to him was this flower and, once again, his thoughts that were beginning to wane…

Notes:

*Royal Cathedral - refers to a type of train that is perhaps the longest of all types of trains noted in history. Somehow people will question so I am needing to explain them. ^ _ ^

Also, holy effing cow. I just went back to read the large file where I put in all my Cinco ideas and found the Blondie Game portion! I died! I had not realized I fleshed out something like that... 0 - 0

Chapter 67

Notes:

Was my mind a bit scattered when I fleshed this chapter out? My QAs seem to be saying so. 0_0 I'm sorry. T_T

Chapter Text

Ding. Dong. Ding. Dong.
At the end of this song,
the men and women,
reveal themselves, and at long last,
they shed their masks.
Then the man in black and white,
grasps his lady's hand, and holds it tight,
then he gets down, on his knee,
and her gasp...
brings an end to this story.

Linda Kessler: "Masquerade" Year 2012

He should have known that the System had its means, that even if nothing would've been done or was chosen to be done, it would still find its way towards its own design, making it impossible to escape what was already agreed for the night, that was, his coupling with Iason in a display unlike any other he'd have done previously. The cycle of minutes, the cycle of a couple hours and all this subtle anticipation only creating such an anxiousness that the Pet's chest clenched. Oh if he only knew that was going to be the start of it...

Having returned to the Private Balcony, Riki drifted into his thoughts at first, in reflection of almost all that was nearly today, at some of the admittedly stranger things that had transpired not in the event itself but in himself. Like how his memories seem to have faltered for a bit when he was recalling things pertaining to his past, a thing that had not really troubled him before.

He had no fails remembering the here and now, such as the faces of those he's met thus far, a few queer, some interesting then the highly intellectual ones earlier once Iason had decided of allowing it. His mind had a clear idea as to what and who they were, entailed by their respective titles.

None as mighty as his Blondie...but that was not the very issue he was having. It was deeper than it all, as bits of the details connected to the then of his life. Why was he forgetting them piece by piece?

The Exclusive may have been able to enumerate those he clasped hands with among the foreigners in attendance, with clarity and a sense photographic in fact, but his own thoughts...it was as if something had been tampering with them all night.

But there will be no use mulling over the matter...

No, apparently not, as the System itself decided to progress into its next schemes, leaving no room for such petty doubts or compromise. It was aiming to wed its two components, its children, its lovers fully into one whole, to fuse them in heart and soul for Tanagura's sake.

The old god's Will undid itself in such a vicious manner that should guarantee no means of absconding for the Exclusive, in case he had chosen flight over the role assigned to him, both the tragedy and the responsibility he was to partake in tonight...


It started like some small ember, the typical feeling that was not even significant in the least at the beginning, neither was Riki aware it was there and seeping slowly out onto the surface until it bit him like a viper. He went about the night with tentative ease actually, quietly skirting the displays and other such vulgarities that the guests were enjoying, correction, entirely, devouring with their sights, such open and wanton debauchery and meaningless fucking that still makes him cringe. If not for it being so typical of the planet, of Tanagura itself…

But then as time trickled, as the songs shifted from the powerful vanguard music to softer tones and next into the unwittingly erotic hum by the songstress diva and her court, Riki suddenly felt a change, this sudden explosion of heat that somewhat stirred him quite unrelentingly, enough that within the next hour, he was smoldering from the inside, as if he had ingested a large quantity of aphrodisiac or intoxicant when he had not even a taste.

Katron assured so as he collapsed into his assigned seat, making the Furniture wonder then ultimately worry. It was against his Exclusivity to be subjected to it, yet, what was going on now? This intensity...it was similar to that.

The Exclusive suddenly felt a throb between his legs. It was this beating in his groins quite sharply. His crotch seemed to catch fire and the friction that it was taking underneath his clothes was only aggravating the situation. Every conceivable point and tip on his form capable of an erection seemed to strain but to one song...to desire.

"I-Iason…"

The Furniture had quietly called his Master to attention while Riki's mind began to reel and toddle, as if his body was being set ablaze and it was getting worse and worse by the minute, burning his resolve into ash. He curled up in the plush of his seat, the soft velvet doing nothing to ease him of the pains as it became steadily obvious how uncomfortable it was getting. Every small movement in truth only added to the torment as, when his skin was caressed by the downy softness, it only made him all the more aware that he had become amazingly sensitive. His nipples rubbing against his costume and his hardness between his legs. The manner by which they seemed to perk and pulse was no jest!

"Ia...son...please…"

His Master was very much aware, as did the other Blondies when he called in such a voice perspicuous above the merriment, but he stood aside and watched in annoying stillness, even as his throng of brothers approached and inquired as to why the Pet's sudden malady. If need be, they would call the medical units in, they said in partial chorus, a slight touch of concern their features neither betrayed of them however.

"No need," Iason calmly told them, with the quiet order to stand down and let it progress as it should.

Even as Riki melted into embracing himself. He could feel utter shameless shivers race down his flesh, a re-enactment of that day when he was still naïve and had drank the spiked wine during some pet's bacchanalia. He could not recall the name yet could forget the feeling. No amount of masturbation was enough to lower the sear upon his loins that day.

This moment was exactly like that -but worst and just like then, Iason was leaving it off as it is for observation.

"This is merely the normal sequence of matters," assured Neu-Jupiter, though with that, he slipped off his glove, one he wore over where his dark Master's Ring, likewise, marital ring was.

His cool demeanor was punctuated by the narrowing of his eyes as he all but twisted the control that was embedded onto the jewelry, ultimately tightening the darker Pet Ring that was snug around Riki's shaft and causing the latter to convulse, a moan ripped through his form, yet the climax was dry and painful. He had to cover his mouth with his backhand, cold sweat peppering his skin, brows knitting in discomposure. He was going to lose his mind in this heat, Iason just doubling the situation without remorse!

Riki was in a beautiful disarray. If anyone else not busy with the affairs below had noticed, they'd have gaped at the sight of him, enthralled at the utterly defenseless pose he was in, hands grabbing at the arms of the chair tightly as his eyes fell shut, chasing after air as he panted, still encased legs spread inattentively and revealing the obvious mound that had tented his lower dress.

He was exuding a certain aura, like some animal during the prime seasons of mating, his very blood seemingly boiling over.

Now at last Riki understood.

It was not enough to agree to do it with Iason tonight. The System was going to help him get in the mood, well, more than that.

It was such a coercive move, epic and underhanded. Was not the foreplay that was bound to happen between them enough? Had he needed to come untangled in such a manner? Then again, he was the only one complaining was he? Elsewhere, even with this situation, all was still right with the world.

"Pet…"

Iason finally moved, reaching his bare hand to touch Riki's face and make him glance up. The Exclusive was trapped in a daze. When he looked at his Master, his eyes were entirely consumed, the very same that was reflected by the top Blondie in his very being yet in a more in-control way. Let it not be said that this was simply one-way.

"You feel it, do you not?"

When had his voice taken on this depth? To Riki it was like he was being called forward by a siren's song. It was like he was being pulled towards the direction of the top Blondie, rather hopelessly, that when Iason once again claimed his lips, there was not even the slight hint of protest any more, neither was there shame as he pressed his body against him in the purest essence of need, the Pet clinging onto his beloved as if the situation had become one of life and death. He could no longer think straight!

Iason had to pin him down by the wrists, easily, and Riki fell open with the kiss breaking, his body convulsing a second time to nowhere that he whined once more. He was by all means ready now was he? He was damned too frustrated to care, and this somewhat put a sadistic smile on his Master's face.

Raoul: "What do we do?"

It wasn't only the Pet but the System that was entering a certain mode of restlessness at this point, the charts that the Biochemist had been monitoring quick in returning such erratic results. The spectrum of Tanagura had swiftly changed from peace to discord, harmony then imbalance in a few short minutes after Riki went into this seeming estrus that it was causing an uproar. Thankfully, only among the ruling Class was this made known.

But there must be no further cause for alarm, Iason guaranteed to everyone. "Do have trust that the end will be favourable, Raoul.

"Were you not the one that initiated this idea for your study since the very beginning?" the top Blondie all but said, reminding the other of his own questions needing answers about Jupiter's decisions and the consequences it had bore into light, briefly resting a hand upon the Biochemist's shoulder while calling forth the Master of the Ceremonies: "It is time, Orpheus."

And Neu-Jupiter cast a look of challenge back at his best friend, even as Riki begged for another touch of their lips, heated hands sliding along his Master's chest.

The moment of reckoning, of proving or disproving his own theories. It was the day all the Blondies would see it all for themselves.


The Trinity took the call as their sign.

Immediately, the Betas excused themselves to go ahead of everyone in preparation while Katron stayed beside their Masters, assisting Neu-Jupiter as he gently gathered Riki into his arms, the latter's wings unfurling themselves and thrashing for a moment but easing down obediently once the top Blondie's hand slid down Riki's back. All the Pet could do was whimper, holding fast unto Iason, a stain beginning to form along the area of his privates that he clung to the Man out of a sudden sense of embarrassment, yet, he also knew...decorum was to become of no use when faced with the plans of System reaching this juncture. It was time. Forget all reason in the onslaught of this induced impassioned state...

The curtains of the Private Balcony fell closed suddenly, the lights there dimming further as the guests waiting for their chance to rub elbows with the Elite of Elites were ushered off and away without explication. Everyone took notice how the Blondies were now proceeding into this grand procession, towards then up a staircase that led them to where something meaningful was to occur, those not in the list to partake this sacred activity not allowed even a glimpse, Iason, on the helm of this powerful congress, hiding his Pet away from curious eyes, his Council of brothers flocking about them as they ascended the steps.

No words passed between them all. It was a matter of solemn understanding. It was a silent march only punctuated by murmurings from a crowd easily forgotten and Riki's unceasing, discomforted pants because the more he was hearing Iason's heartbeat, the more his body appeared to respond in excruciating urgency. The heat was dancing wildly in him, wicked of strength that he trembled at the slightest shift in movement.

Only if he were truly aware.

His beloved too was suffering.

Underneath all this pomp and ceremony, the continued dignity by which he carried himself, Iason Mink was also experiencing the System's tug, the pressure reaching towards its limits, testing his resolve as its new god. He was not giving however; he had better handle of it than that and was entirely self-aware, therefore able to keep a check of himself.

It would be unforgivable if Neu-Jupiter was unable to carry his duties, if he would be unable to carry his Pet through to this part of their situation.

However his impatience was real, each step towards their honeymoon bed heavy with the desires that was also coursing in his veins, a torture to his poise.

He can barely wait to pour out his passions...right into the vessel that was Riki's body who will be so willing to succumb to him...


Jupiter's Tower. Topmost Level in the beginning of the coupling.

Everything had been remodeled, new rooms of purpose now fitted onto the floor for various uses, including the chambers where Riki in his feverish condition was now being re-dressed by his Furniture, Iason in the same manner likewise priming himself from within a separate space. Meanwhile, outside, the other Blondies went ahead after changing into the more solemn of their costumes for this most personal of gatherings.

They had all decided to come veiled. As all incidents pertaining to Neu-Jupiter and the System was sacred, so must their actions be concealed and innocuous while dealing with it. The Council had covered themselves then, what was to be the standard moving forward once direction of the Will and then the upkeep of the level was given them, something that was impossible previously. An insult that only the mindless drones and sentinels were ever allowed up here besides the Lovers. No longer. After this night, it would be the Blondies' responsibility to take care of this Nest.

This was a moment of vim and expectation from among the Council, as, after so long a time, after being denied the privilege of this communion, it was made known to them that the old god's Will was to be revealed before them as well. Under Iason's leadership, the continuance and progress of Tanagura will be absolute without doubt, secured for all perpetuity. All they had to do was move past these gates and, same as they had always done, progress even farther than they have achieved until now...

With this mindset, one by one, the Blondies stood under the light of the Top Level's scanners, the hovering platform that led to the upper chamber of the Tower detaching from its seamless dock in wait for their clearance. Lifting their covering then to bare their faces for the System to acknowledge, each were given a registry through, the platform finally lowering to raise them up onto the Nest. This was the first time they would see the innermost of Jupiter's abode after it was redone to the liking of Iason Mink...

Aisha and Gideon stepped up together, their veils of gold and quaint trimmings falling way below the line of their waists as they composed themselves after the scans.

"I suppose you have better watch of yourself?" Aisha quipped nonchalantly, not even turning his head as he dropped his cover back in place, obviously meaning towards something. A warning, call it that.

Gideon merely narrowed his eyes and with such indignity responded, "What are you insisting? Should that not be said of every one of us?"

A conversation was carried out privately between them as they vanished to the apex, some things they'd began to discuss kept out of the ear-shot of their brethren. For Aisha, it was no longer Iason who was being courted by trouble...he was certain it was now Gideon chasing after disaster and he wanted it unfulfilled.

If he can stop him, as the other Blondie seemed not to be willing to and denying that anything was amiss with himself, he will exhort all means if he had to to halt this mutation, being the only one completely aware, being the only one cognizant of the situation despite Gideon himself fiercely arguing its existence.


Once all of them had reached the inner sanctum of Jupiter Tower, the lights had opened from the very inside of the Nest's exclusive darkness to reveal all there was to see, a sea of blue hues squinting for a moment but quickly adjusting as they beheld the room from behind their veils. It had been altered drastically yet decorated simply for the intimacy of the tryst. How Iason had envisioned this all according to his requirements, only to what was needed in the moment.

Compared to the venue below with all its boisterous complements and raucous happenings, the interior of Jupiter Tower's Top Level was left a few steps milder, nothing but the gentle cascade of soft and see-through silk hung from an unseen ceiling, originating and circulating from an abyss far of reach that it looked like the depth of the galaxies, the threads used to sew it all together immaculate, extending to hang its gossamer as if spiders had made their home here, or the barest of stars, whichever prevailed one's imagination.

Nothing too immoderate as, alongside with the general cleanliness, the space directed all attention more to the reason why they had gathered here. For a moment, there was also that notable silence, as if the lack of sound was necessary to amplify something, the Blondies finally bearing in understanding as, beyond them, they did hear an unmistakable zing, this echoing vibration that held its own attraction.

They stepped closer. They all looked up.

It was the Positronic Brain was it not? The same that used to project the Jupiter that created them, the same that died but was resurrected upon the Capital's resume to strength with Iason Mink's return.

Neath it was the large yet intimate bed, a half-capsule tapered into this sleek form to fit two comfortably, its surface generously soft while its base was etched with the crests of the era, the stage upon which the new Lord of Tanagura would take his Exclusive.

The Blondies walked about.

The room resembled nothing like it had been in the past, especially during that year when the old god fell silent and they had to resort to the area's desecration. It was now once again whole, rebuilt to be this stunning hall of what was certainly an unquantifiable amount of information and power, encased within a solid shell of impermeable defense that nothing could possibly destroy.

It was separate from the outside and was a world of its own. Here was Iason's compilations of everything tantamount to his single-minded greed, the data swirling around in codes and stray ribbons that passed their view, the digital wisps dancing into their proper place in a show of life even without anyone calling upon them. The System. It was beating and, as they were all made aware, was reacting to the event that was close at hand.

Speaking of such proprieties, the room now held a number of interfacing chairs placed a distance from the bed, built unlike those they normally used in the lower offices, each stamped with the crest of the Blondie that was assigned to it, complete with the newest gears not available below their feet. Visible permission that they could now work from inside this place as well when necessary, but for now, should serve as their seat to witness a coitus unlike any they will ever see.

Between the very Elite of the Council and his Pet, what had been the disease and anomaly that's occurred between them now acceptable, a staple to the existence of this empire.

"Is that-?"

The Positronic Brain pulsed suddenly that the Blondies all turned, a few seconds passing that the platform which ushered them in quietly lowered, only to bring up one of the participants to this conclave.

It was Riki.

And although struggling with a turmoil inside of him due the System's doing most undoubtedly, he was still very much...beautiful as he was propelled forward by his tamed instincts.

The wrap of his earlier garb was gone, replaced by a sheer fabric that left nothing to the imagination, barely covering enough skin that he could have been straight naked as they parted to give him way and he passed them. This worn along a tight thong connected to a network of fine and delicate chains brocading his exposed back, exposing his curves and his Mark as the Exclusive. Ultimately linked to the studded choker around his neck.

As he had worn so far, everything flowed with a sensuality, the Pet moving as if entranced towards his post, the Brain of the level perceiving and receiving his beat. Armlets, bracelets, anklets...the princely band around his head. Riki was a painting pulled out of time, this moment fussing not over the appropriateness of his position but more in tuned with a power greater than what he held. He seemed to still be trapped in a stupor, the heat in his movements reverberating as he made his way to the centre of it all obediently.

The Blondies all followed him with their eyes, Gideon discreetly fisting his hands for fear he might reach out. The Pet was so pliant at that very moment. He was every bit as inviting and enchanting under this light that it took an effort to get bearings together, not only for him perhaps, the potential bore upon this once-mongrel's form alluring to everyone present...

"Gideon," Aisha snapped him to reality however and for a minute there was confusion, yet understanding dawned that this union was underway, the Charismatic Noble sighing as he also moved to take his seat. "Do not draw attention to yourself," he heard as an afterword.

"I was not intending to," it was supposed to be a thanks, breathed between gritted teeth, low and almost mumbled, yet it could've been misunderstood. Gideon was drifting badly into a haze himself. This was dangerous...

Well Riki had now found his place, straddling in the middle of the bed as the Brain reached down to him its ribbons of data, accumulating them like phantasms hovering close to his skin in caresses that, despite not at all touching, were keeping his senses muddled, induced to such an extent that he was now beginning to moan, the silence earlier noted by the Blondies making all the luscious sounds he was producing thunder into the room.

The System was playing all his lewd desires; behind Riki's closed lids it made him yearn for Iason. There was an order: 'Touch yourself' which only the Pet heard...

His hands raked over his body then, head tossed as the Exclusive spread his legs for all to see as he knelt there, the very form his palms traveled a fine sculpt of muscles no genetics could ever replicate. He ended up front and back, the fingers there finding the points where his heat was most solid and concentrated.

Riki dipped two fingers in, easing the string of his lower wear aside to rub at the tight ring of his entrance first, his anus all too eager to receive attention and already wet similar to his hardened crotch still encased by the thong. He refused to bare his cock and Pet Ring however. The voice driving his motions at this point was stating that this would be his Master's to do. Only for now it wanted him to be ready.

The Pet obeyed without question, unwittingly making a display of himself, the fine train drifted about him like some hallowed mantle, this visible light to the Blondies as he began to penetrate himself, his other hand squeezing at the fabric covering his front. He was already drowned, such lewd passion as he waited for his Master emanating from his body, making him tense yet graceful, perked yet utterly reserved. Even his voice was controlled.

He was only for Iason.

All this wanton display and shamelessness now, what had been pulled out of him this very instance. It had all been designed for the top of their Class. The Brain thrumming above him was making this quite clear as it continued to pour its presence unto this vessel, Riki's body, the data spinning steadily around the Exclusive.

Gideon tensed.

While all the others were here perhaps for the scientific (like Raoul) gains or definitely the voyeuristic reasons, out of curiosity, he...was being thrust into a situation he did not know he was capable of reaching before. What with Riki there and showcasing his genuinely erotic body better than any Academy breed could ever do, was causing in him such a stir.

He was thankful for the veil. It likewise covered the deep attention by which he'd stared the Exclusive over, as Riki thrust his hips forward, rubbing his crotch faster over its cover, fingers visibly stretching the part where Iason was going to enter him, the wetness obvious like the sweat as that too dribbled down the milky inside of his chest, his thighs to stain the downy softness where he had propped his body upon.

His wings once more slipped out, their very blackness a shock to the glow surrounding this closed venue, speckled with its jewels, spread as eagerly as he was becoming all the more vocal and provocative, unable to be satisfied just yet. Not until Iason comes...

On the other hand, it was apparent that the Blondie was getting roused, refusing to admit or look at the others who may or may not be in a similar constraint, the source of this agitation panting and whose fervency was gyrating in display before them all. Had anyone noticed anyone? From their domed seats, were their reactions stark? Were the others also holding their breaths much like how Gideon Lagat's own hitched at every exhale Riki made?

Yet had they not witnessed so much of this already? From other pets and the usual soirees and parties that made up their life as Blondies? What made this any different?

It was because it was Riki. It was due to the fact this was the Pet who was unlike any other. Despite denying it, the Exclusive was at present the most desirable being there is and, the Blondies, for all their acclaim at sterility and at not being stunned by even an excess of self-indulgence, with pride that tolerated control above all else, were also be pulled into his tide.

Gideon was the most affected of the lot. For he was feeling a certain throb in him that was beating in sync to Riki at that instance. What was this? Why was he making such heed? Under his veil, he was devouring the Pet as if he was his to consume, a strange sentiment, a very strong sense of restraint the only thing keeping him in place, faking complacency and phlegmatism, but that too nailed him on the spot.

This was a mistake. Especially as, even without looking, getting used to the subdued sound, he heard the platform seal itself in place as it had come up once again, finally bearing with it the Master of this level, of the Capital, of the world...of the Pet who reached out imploringly for him once he had come to view, not with his arms, the hands of which busy fondling his body into ripe preparedness. But with his voice...his voice that resounded even more sensually than it normally would.

Gideon froze, but scoffing at himself, he managed to quell this seeming madness in him as his brothers rose to acknowledge Neu-Jupiter, bowing their heads in his wake as the top Blondie walked towards the mate waiting for him. While the Charismatic Noble was loathing being here finally, not believing a truth that was slowly unraveling itself...

"Iason…" a melting plea, the need thick, with not a trace of hesitation.

The Pet was prepared...to be fucked.

And although he was initially thrown into this by the System, all this current supplication was Riki's own.

He had never wanted Iason in any way as powerfully as this...

Chapter 68

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

Riki was to be lost to himself, this was clear to Iason Mink the moment he sensed him begin to dance to the tempo of the System earlier on during the Gala’s festivities. When he realized that the old god had timed it all so perfectly, seen it all quite clearly ahead that It was able to predict as far as this and even manage to impose upon them its wishes. Everything that was up to this point that is, when fate was to be handed down to him, to Iason Mink, completely and, in essence, to them both as Jupiter’s beloved two.

Yet somehow he knew another deeper secret.

Whatever was to happen from this gathering tonight was also to be the last - ah, no, not their relationship which will only be solidified by all this, not the end of his love and his devotion to his Exclusive. The top Blondie was talking more the end of the Jupiter known of the past, where the Will of his predecessor finally stops and where Iason’s begins in the ingress of a new, even more powerful era.

The very formality of the burden of running the throne alone. After today, after the plans he had constructed with the old god was fully revealed to whom it has chosen, the pivot of Tanagura, the mad elite that once fell from grace, will have to steer his inheritance in his own direction. By himself. To ride the winds of time and plot his own course.

He felt thrilled by it somehow.

The top Blondie need not more pomp, yet curse the existence of his perfect Furniture whom all insisted to dress him in a match to his Pet even when it was to this love-making he’d be attending, walking with the sentinels of the Top Level as guards to Iason Mink, waiting until the Master confronted the Gate, bypassing and commanding the scanners with ease. Rising to where their other charge was and, in this same way was waiting for Neu-Jupiter.

He could see it on their collective of faces, this understanding, of the responsibilities that he needs to shoulder after all this was through. And though things will only escalate henceforth, they too appear unfazed, in full confidence as they bow their heads to Tanagura’s sole Sire. Their loyalty wavered not even for a second. It was as if they too, were renewing their resolve. To forever be in servitude. The House of Jupiter will be run with an indomitable precision. They all but promised that they will be their Masters’ primary support in years and even more to come.

Reaching the zenith, the top Blondie  was greeted by the same atmosphere that had earlier met the others. Once his stride was met by the attention of his brothers however, the twelve of the Council rising to their feet, his fellow Blondies who now in reverence of his presence, he felt this familiar sensation rise in him. Even the Master’s Dark Ring had seemed weighed as he lifted it briefly to take a look, ascending onto this precipice of Tanagura’s strength in his resplendent open robes.

This. Was. Power.

He shall rule this world without fear nor doubt, an indomitable soul tougher than any alloy. Up to this point, he’d been given all that he needed and he will use them all. For the Capital. For Amoï. For continuance...for Riki whom was his very  reason for returning and rising to power once more.

“Iason…”

He heard him. Clearly than anything actually, the now-familiar heat rising and likewise swirling about, reaching for him, taunting him. With this, Neu-Jupiter’s attention had completely shifted from the appearance of the location, was not in the feel or the general atmosphere altogether. He was more attuned to the way his Pet fell in sway on their marital bed there before him, displaying his most intimate of angles as his body would not at all keep still. Even the appearance of his wings were fleeting in and out like it could not make up its mind.

He ran a hand down sensually to entice his Master, that form bidding Neu-Jupiter to do as he may. All while behind, another set of fingers thrust into his very insides, loosening a path where penetration would be allowed.

At this, Iason completely ignored the other Blondies veiled as ghosts around him. Rather, he walked forward with one intention in mind, already feeling the System run its tendrils along him in equally slow caresses that brought his nerve endings to life. Not that he wasn’t already aroused to begin with. It had only pulled him closer. This most sacred of places he had just come into suffocating and intoxicating him in a way that only him and his beloved could feel the fullest of.

It was sending him into this unintelligible high. As if he was being prepared...to devour Riki, the prospect not altogether improbable. He could sense the Pet was just as willing to succumb.

“...Iason…”

Riki’s breathing was ragged and hot, misting against the touch of cold that likewise wrapped this most hallowed of all sanctums in the Capital. He moved to the Exclusive’s side and circled his quarry, Riki following him with hungry eyes, that gaze feeling as intimate as the actual touch. This was to be a moment that was theirs and he will share of it none with anyone.

His brethren will have to understand. To the unchallenged pride of Iason Mink, they will not be part of the very core of this story, never mind if they were present as its witnesses. This union will stay in reservation for none other but the two of them.

“You have waited quite patiently, my Pet,” the top Blondie spoke, his voice taking this depth. “Good that you have listened to me.”

Or was the latter even capable of listening at all? Riki was paused in that stance, having already opened himself for the one who had come here to claim him, body shuddering even by just the mere tremble of his Master’s voice.

It looked like he was too far drowned in his own delights, not even realizing that the seeming haunter he had been hearing at the back of his head, the very same that’s been prompting him to do all kinds of shameless acts, was in fact Iason Mink himself.

Tonight, there was a seeming link to their senses, thanks to the System and its potency rising to this immense degree. Riki was becoming such a delectable morsel.

The Master Blondie had to calm himself. If he were to function as he should tonight, he had to reign more at his own faculties, putting his better judgment forward and his nearly unbridled lust aside for the time being. The System wouldn’t want him to be so unsightly. Neither does he want to appear in any appalling state. But then again did that really matter? He had already made up his mind that he too wanted to revel in all of this completely, at the feast Riki was offering himself to be at the moment, fingers still at work in and on his own body, glorious moans pouring forth from those lips as he stretched and plucked himself for Neu-Jupiter.

Iason undid his robes then.

The entire costume shifted to fall like a cape behind him as he moved once more, the azure there that was his colour flowing like water as he let it slip off his shoulders, the long train of this hypnotically graceful garb remaining connected to the swirling ornaments coruscated along and around his arms, the triplets having put in their best yet again to stud it with a myriad of jewels befitting the affair. Down to the Emperor’s crown wound around his head, a match - always, like everything else - to the simpler one don by his Prince and Exclusive.

That dealt with, he now leaned a knee onto the part of the bed behind his Exclusive, using that to spread those legs even more, Riki at the same time taking that as his order to drop his defenses even further, posture falling slack and comfortable against the Blondie.

The feel of skin to skin was intense. The Pet felt the difference of a hand that was no longer his sliding to the front and one ghosting down his back, the fingers of the latter crawling past the light clink of fragile chains and into his quite revealing thong to find that anus in its current state after he’d stopped fingering himself.

The Exclusive had stretched his asshole beautifully. It hadn’t even been that long a while yet when he’d started, but it was already twitching in anticipation. He was obviously prepared. In fact, Riki appeared hungrier the way he was already bucking to Iason’s slightest of provocations, trying so desperately to get a load off but can’t, his Master being this close yet choosing to torment him instead, undoing the ties of his thong to finally bare his Exclusive’s most intimate of places, a lively hardness revealed, unmatched by any other pedigree of pets. Not then. Never even after that.

The coolness that had touched it seemed to only strike fire upon that area. Where it could also be noticed, this menacing and very much contrasting glimmer, the Pet Ring in its pitch-dark shade fit snuggly at the base of his erection. It was constricting at the top Blondie’s instigation, leaving Riki to groan out in frustration, those arms reaching up to cling onto his Master’s as he turned his face away with a blush, eyes clenched tightly.

He’d dried orgasmed and felt nothing short of an agonizing death in this tease, the one in control of him, his Neu-Jupiter, making a show of his shuddering body. For one so high and mighty, there was only but the most fitting being set aside. And here he was oscillating once more to the top Blondie’s music...

One can never deny the sheer magnetism of Riki’s physique, the only Pet reserved for Iason Mink. From skin to the very bone, even to what functions he had within, he was moulded to an even greater degree of perfection. Not that there was never the trace of that rough beauty in existence in him to begin with during his Mongrel Days. He was just made even more amazing by the old god’s calculative hands. A feat only possible via the late deity’s capacities, the very same the top Blondie had replaced. The thought left the other Elite of Elites present in certain concentration, their breaths hiking with every inhale Riki was making at the moment, the low whimpers drawing at them and gluing them to their seats. As if the Master’s hand feeling that supple skin was their own.

True enough, some wished it /were/ indeed theirs, but that would be madness only kept to themselves, this mockery to the senses that assaulted those watching altering their very beliefs slowly, painstakingly, the resulting turmoil hidden behind their veils thankfully. That it was possible to transgress the norm. That Iason had undoubtedly began a trend.

It was still a new concept although no one was succumbing to it openly just yet, despite one alluring name coming into attention with all the seductive imagery entailed to it being presented before them this very instance. He was the true temptress tonight not just of his own Lover. He was afflicting them all.

“Riki…”

The Master this time dipped his finger in.

It was too sudden that the Pet just as quickly collapsed against the Blondie behind him, his Master who’s now splayed him for display wasting no efforts to attack where he was most vulnerable. He spared Riki not upon that singular act, the Pet once again shuddering into another dry release. It was bordering pain in the eyes of those watching. Though Riki seemed too unattentive of their gazes.

Instead he was more focused on his own agony of agonies, that lone digit invading and jabbing methodologically into his insides now twisting to once again locate his familiar well of passion and tease it just enough. He moaned out loud this time, grip tightening upon Iason’s muscles. It was yet another pointless climax that only ended up with more senseless whining, Riki biting his lip as he coiled around the stunted sensation.

Also that other hand. It was not even touching him at all! Rather, Iason was using it to keep him in place, leaving the other, much more busier hand to toy with him, the Exclusive trapped in such defenselessness, made to successively cum without any actual ejaculation.

He was sweating so much, skin prickling as his member only swelled, begging Iason finally and without holding back, “P-please! Let me cum!”

He’d never be this docile outside the context of the System, or outside the routine, torture-like methods Iason used on him. There was always a part of Riki that fought his capture every step of the way, refusing even as the official status of Lover was bestowed him. The rebellion seemed suppressed at the moment however. Under the light of the Positronic Brain that likewise throbbed to their movements, information undoubtedly being altercated, revised, connected.

A further elaboration that got Raoul to pause from studying his charts and the syncing fluctuations to look at that which was becoming obvious the more his best friend progressed with Riki’s foreplay, the Pet having doubled his clinging, both arms raised up and now wound around his Master’s neck.

The Exclusive’s form was in this stunning arch against their Neu-Jupiter, head tossed back as Iason began to kiss him deeply, tongue stealing into familiar territory as another digit was thrust into the Exclusive’s hole then another, grinding against that same spot repeatedly for torment’s sake.

It was Riki who broke free, stuttering more pleas that his Master only ignored, this time pulling even those very fingers out. His Exclusive will have to earn his first climax and, from the looks of it, the top Blondie will not make it any easier.

“Are you not in a hurry…?”

With those same fingers, Iason traced a trail up the front of his beloved, past the well-maintained pecs and that decorated neck, thrusting them now into a parting mouth to give Riki a taste of his own, clipping his tongue between fingers to induce him to choke, cough and then drool at the same time. A picture of the unyielding mongrel being completely moved to his Master’s will.

Iason clearly had his sicker games worse than any Sexaroid, yet, as for his own self, the Master was clearly enough well adept at maintaining status, consternation unseen upon his own expressions, his body maintaining stature like some old romantic portrait of deities unknown. He was bold and conquering every step of the way.

Outside the constrictions of the usual garb, in this appearance where he, like his Pet, was also becoming bare, he was fully in the steers. Riki was the only one coming undone.

“I want myself in here,” he whispered inaudibly as he’d let the Exclusive suckle those digits, using that hold to lower his Pet down unto the softness, guiding him to lay directly under his crotch before moving a bit away.

Riki hung his head back at the edge of the bed, lust-clouded, half-lidded eyes fastening themselves at the bulge encased between his Master’s legs. He’d never given Iason a blow before. Usually, the lecher to that was his lover whom always seemed to manage to drink him empty as he would a goblet. Yet that was what the Blondie wanted at the moment. Riki swallowed hard at what he was being asked...

Neu-Jupiter was just at enough of a distance to allow his Pet to crane his neck, lips meeting the fabric that was Iason’s own covering for this affair, not in the form of an underwear like his was, rather the skin-contouring tights that encased the Blondie’s lower half rather magnificently. Not far at all from the bottom of his usual body suit though this pair rose nowhere higher than a few centimetres above the base of his own engorged cock.

The Pet had instinctively smirked. Even here, there was a distinction, but that didn’t really hold much weight now when it had always been the case. Neither did he appear concerned at what he was about to do. It was just going to be an upside-down suck, Riki moving his lips to kiss over the top Blondie’s bulge as he next swept his tongue over the outline of that hardness, needing it, craving it, hands trembling as they reached to carefully slide out the hugeness that would soon impale him. As he again spread his legs, his wet, loose asshole clenching in wait. Everything felt on fire. That cock likewise as he began in earnest to pleasure it with his mouth.

This was the first time Iason was lain open like this, in the hands of his Pet no less, the seemingly eager once-mongrel sliding that stamen out of its confines with his palms, licking the underside, briefly sucking at the tip before letting it into his throat and deep, the top Blondie not the least embarrassed or shy among his brethren for ordering this service.

Contrary, he actually was not paying much attention to who was there, was actually more attuned to how Riki’s insides contracted around him, especially when he began to move. He pressed the Exclusive’s wrists down on either side, holding him steady before he could reach up and stroke him, as intentionally, he thrust in and out of the Pet’s mouth in a rather careless yet, at the same time, conserved fashion.

Riki was trembling beneath him, trying his best not to gag at such largeness, allowed only the briefest moment to breathe before the onslaught renewed its vigor once again and the pounding delved deeper and deeper into his throat. Like a promise of what will become of him later on, Neu-Jupiter’s appendage grinding over and over his tongue, leaving its trace of fluids that the Pet readily swallowed when he could.

While above them, the System remained humming. It was pulsating like some erratic beast, its digital repositories of data and more represented by coils upon coils and swirling ribbons of projection straining as if it were a ball about to burst, moving as if it were truly alive.

In a sense it was.

It was living within the form of the two beneath it about to make love to unlock its secrets.

Iason reached a graceful hand, running a finger between the Pet’s chest to trail lower, Riki visibly heaving as that caressed over his collar, neck, reaching for the perked up nipples that it pinched just as cruelly. He had one of his Master’s sacs in his mouth now, busy with that although every tiny movement on his form was becoming a mighty gesture his senses were circling upon. Since he couldn’t see much, especially as he was again made to take the top Blondie between his lips and work on that length, he all but felt every ministration given him. That hand was exploring in leisure as a knee replaced it to pin Riki’s shoulder down.

He was just to stay in place while Iason plundered his throat, grabbing his penis finally to pump it up more. Riki shivered and tightened. He choked around Iason’s manhood. Again, he could feel the orgasm running down his spine but he wasn’t really going to be allowed that this time as well. The Pet Ring was still tight and not letting him go after all. It vibrated against his flesh so much that he was wanting to scream, if not for the hardness he was being made to suck serving to gag him at the same time.

He thrashed a little. A motion due certain undying fight instincts as he was both becoming a mess of emotions, and a physical mess likewise, drool seeping down the sides of his mouth. This act was inescapable and for a moment he was in panic at the situation, although the System once more took over and seduced him to giving in.

The Master Blondie had no qualms, briefly closing his eyes as like the Pet, he too, relaxed under his own efforts, feeling the head of his cock hit the very back of that throat, making this heavy shiver crawl fiercely down his entirety, a clear indication that he was about to cum.

The Blondies seemed to exhale in a chorus, seeing the highest of them all allowing pleasure physically for himself, Gideon with the most dilemma of the lot as he was beginning to have certain feelings rise in him, those he clearly couldn’t understand. That they all couldn’t understand actually. Here they saw what usually was not normal of elites on any stature, something but only Pets should do. ‘Making love’ which was what Raoul called it. The special process of copulating, this intimacy only allowed of the most esteemed in their brood.

Riki tensed.

After a few more hard thrusts, Iason Mink had emptied himself into his Exclusive’s throat, a rich, thick, equally hot discharge of bodily fluid supposedly no longer part of the anatomy of any synthetic body such as what Blondies were made of. But the gathered Council seemed to have forgotten how the old god had managed to mesh together part of Riki’s traits and biological specifics to Iason’s and vice versa. These two the late Jupiter had created anew . They were its invention unlike any other it had ever made. So this simple yet confusing aspect, of ejaculating to be precise, that was unheard of to them was a possibility now to Iason.

As more unholy moans lifted in exaltation, Riki only becoming inexplicably melting upon the release of his Master’s cock. Iason took that as a sign and pushed him up to sitting, the Man now mounting the bed completely to cradle his yearning Pet upon his lap.

The latter will need to bear with it some more. He was not going to be allowed release just yet, not until they both wield the power over the System above them to a certain degree, the Positronic Brain and its mass gyrating.

“Iason...kiss...kiss me…”

The top Blondie obliged, as those hands felt over the smaller form in his grasp, as Riki too had reached to thread through his Master’s long tresses this time, blankly making circles of such a luscious heap. This was where it will begin, tongues twined, Neu-Jupiter tasting himself in that mouth for the very first time.

Then without much ceremony, the seme all but lifted his Pet up slightly by his buttocks and, in one heated stroke, impaled him unto his still erect penis, larger than anything else that had penetrated Riki thus far.

The Exclusive yelped, but attached lips to lips, could not really get away. He was made to ride the storm raging in them both as Iason moved him, only letting him on his own when he’d began to instinctively fall into a rhythm himself, on automatic, bouncing on his Master’s rock-solid length.

As a sea of blue eyes watched where the two had merged, noticeably above the void-like ceiling, the mass that was in disarray was beginning to compact. Then, just as suddenly, it was peeling and dispersing all around. This caused Raoul to immediately check his monitors only to learn that both first and second layers of the System had already been unlocked, Iason using their coitus to begin accessing the repository for its wealth, still in control despite the present situation.

The Will was at the very centre of all this, and he was aiming to have it manifest before his Exclusive’s first ever cumming for the night. However, as the pleasure was already wrought into his own form, Riki reckless and fast in his motions, Neu-Jupiter was finding it rather challenging to keep himself tact. Already, he’d given in to the urge of pushing his Exclusive down upon his knees, pressing that cheek to the softness of their marital bed, as he rammed repeatedly and heavily into him.

Despite the lack of vocal affirmation regarding the pleasure he too is certainly taking his fill of, the manner by which the top Blondie so carnally ripped through his Pet, the way it was making Riki cry and buckle, was evident enough. And then there was that other occurrence, one which not all the Blondies were aware of.

It was almost routine, to see Riki unfetter his wings, the dark pair unfurling in a mass once more, at the moment, just as disorderly as their owner, though sleek and decorated due the Triplets’ incessant grooming for this occasion. Iason Mink did the honour of spreading each span aside this time, himself pressing down upon his Exclusive’s back as he’d shoved his cock within him, rendering Riki bowed, subservient to him and his demands, legs too far distanced that it was becoming strenuous now.

“Ia-Iason!” Riki grabbed and fisted, his Master merely pressing a kiss to his cheek, eyeing his expressions closely, the fall of blond tresses without difference from the silks hung about, on the bed that was the altar itself.

Such beauty, even while subject to crude and animalistic of circumstances that Iason could hardly resist it. He continued to dominate his Pet, leaving him to pant and gasp, as his azure wings themselves finally, finallyof all times also unfurled...

A stark shade of midnight blue, lustrous like that of the far off Earth’s genus Corvus, a most rare specie of birds he’d actually resurrected as an addition to their Palace. This was likewise a first that anyone else other than Raoul had seen his pair. He was keen on not using them as much as Riki had. His wings were not a necessity to him.

Though it was wrong to also say he had not practiced their use just as often. Indeed, the top Blondie seemed fully in control of his paired appendages, spreading them either side of him in exposition, having poised his wings above like a majestic halo in the sign of authority. While the Pet’s own was prostrate with him on either side.

“M-Mercy Master!”

Neu-Jupiter was leaving his marks upon that skin, dragging his nails up Riki’s side, sending a shiver along. Something that was fast becoming dangerous although in the Exclusive’s eyes swam not only this yet-to-be-fulfilled desire.

The System was likewise reflected in them...

Notes:

Yuri: The last and third part is up next. With more of Gideon's anxieties floating to the surface.

Chapter 69

Notes:

Yuri: The conclusion to the finale of Riki's Grand Gala. I thought I'd reserve Iason's great gesture here. Riki deserves that happiness after all. Didn't proofread this but heck, Happy Christmas my dears. Enjoy.

Chapter Text

As the couple engaged in the act, the whole of Tanagura seemed to be thriving in unison, although this was more or less invisible. It was unfelt by the common citizen, but it was as if the entire of Amoï itself was becoming one and whole, once missing links to the Systems connecting and coming to life. From the smallest of neural circuits, to the most massive of network lines, archaic servers, closed off repositories and machines of all variants and degree of usefulness, robotics facilities, laboratories, factories and other mechanisms of all shapes and sizes -they all appeared to roar into being, even those that had been thought of as dead, gone or dormant and inaccessible throughout the entire planet before the System of Jupiter became autonomous.

As if with the very union of the two , as Iason Mink was owning his Exclusive, all these places were likewise being cajoled into purpose, new points appearing upon the vast monitoring plane of the Blondies. They were beginning to notice spaces that were not in their domain before, which only proved there was more to their world than what they’d even known.

This was the old god’s design wasn’t it? It had actually been striving to connect all that it has control over this entire time. It was wanting this unity and at last had managed to actually gain that in death, in the most maverick of ways, in the form of two unusual beings that it had fitted for each other. With Riki and its top Blondie. All of this had become plausible…

The Pet was being wound up terribly that he was somewhat thrashing, the unrequited release far from his reach that he clawed against the bed and cried so magnificently in that agonizing fashion that most of the Blondies present tensed up themselves unconsciously. Their brother was a most brutal creature, displaying his unchallenged appetence that was reigned fully under constraints despite his form skewering his lover alive. Then he reached out and put the Exclusive’s wrists together, the bracelets there fusing as one to cuff Riki’s hands at the same time. A little treat from the Triplets. All the jewelry the Pet had on had actually been tributes to bondage, all connectible if Neu-Jupiter so willed it. But Iason was not to exploit the feature. Just as it is, he already has more than enough control over the other.

With that, he pulled him back then and into an upright position, showing off where he’d basically been smacking into that luscious, squirming body, only causing himself to go deeper and Riki to run into the corner-most recesses of all desperation, his mind melting into pure white heat as his Master was intending to make him suffer it a bit more. Just a little more until the System divulged. They should be past the third layer of the entire program now. Iason could feel it.

He wasn’t the only one.

Gideon was in as state of discomposure, but he was reigning it out like he should and expected, however this was not unknown to Aisha whom in a very subtle and almost arctic of ways was likewise holding himself in check. Though not from reacting to the display, a natural at apathy, but to the other Blondie’s own responses. Raoul was in his elements and monitoring, given the Biochemist and scientist that he is, while Orphe was only well too satisfied that the events had taken place as he had overseen them.

Yet undeniably, it was something they were all forcing themselves to come into terms with, in need to approach the matter with a specific type of open-mindedness. They will have to sort out their personal conflicts later on as Iason continued his feast, once more reaching closer and ever closer to the heights of his rut. He was preparing to undo Riki’s Pet Ring, the Will having breached the surface of all the layers of the System now and dancing upon its surface, the Positronic Brain above them pouring forth the information in vines down around itself.

But the System was protective of its Lovers as much as they were its lock and key. As they’d neared climax together, as the energy from the couple in tryst hit home, the Pet Ring undone so the Exclusive might ride out his first ejaculation, the Core of Jupiter’s Tower all but exploded with ribbons and rings of necessary data, achieving the most optimum connection it could with all of the planet, the digital manifestations dropping around the Lovers like a curtain before the fucking picked up even greater pace. It obscured the view completely, the loud zing and thrum of the System itself drowning the grunts and screams of passion erupting just as easily as the two spurted at the same time, Iason deep within his Pet and the latter thickly onto the bed.

As for those coils hailing from the Brain, they had washed upon the Council and dragged them into a state, filling the room with projections. This suddenly threw all the Blondies into some manner of interaction, their minds interfacing with Jupiter’s Will in a forceful way that they had all blanked out upon contact with that heavily projected shroud, for a moment unable to feel upon the physical realm as if their own minds and consciousness had been pulled apart from their synthetic bodies.

They could however hear it, this voice, softer than anything they had ever heard.

‘My select. Heed my instructions…’

It was the old god. It had something to tell all of them in light of this matter, the Will finally revealed to every Blondie in the room, with the appropriate commands set for each.

As his brethren went on the trance, Iason was coming down from the high, letting Riki collapse forward as he thrust in a few more into him, riding out what was the last of this episode, though it was far from over. He was still rock hard. He didn’t even pull out as he turned Riki to face him.

“I assume you aren’t as satisfied just yet,” Neu-Jupiter looked over the Pet’s panting situation, a palm gliding over that cheek, sweat, wetness and overflowing seed drenching him all over, those eyes glowing as his certainly were as well.

The System was doing what it was programmed to, but it was now fully under their control. The Pet said nothing, staying where he was with his arms thrown above his head, his wrists still locked captive. He apparently was still in a trance, and how beautiful he was, wings and all that darkness.

The same could be said of Iason, in his royal blue. Those wings were just as breathtaking, fitting well with the image of golden hair and that powerful imposition.

He descended, if only to afford Riki another one of his more meaningful kisses, sweet and gentle this time and a far difference from the earlier manner by which he’d sexed up his Exclusive. The other Blondies were busy now with the Will. That meant they were to be left to their own device for a while without eyes focused upon them. With this, Iason began once more to stimulate his beloved. This time, he will not be hurrying. He will bank on a more tender way to caress his lover towards completion as a reward for his longsuffering. As they too merged and interfaced with the System, once again becoming lost to each of their collective heat.


They did not know how long it had been, but each Blondie, depending on what instructions were left of them, seemed to gasp out and come alive once again at the repercussions of the sudden connection, the Will of Jupiter having been forced into them that their synthetic bodies had become immobile and close to husk during the whole duration of the affair. There was a disorientation. There was a slight ache felt within the many sections of organic brain. But undeniably, they had now come to understand the magnitude of the old god’s plans and why it had been kept secret for this long. They likewise understood now the burden that Iason was facing, not only for the select few of Tanagura, but for the entire planet that was his to command. That he was willing to undergo the matter completely. He had weighed in such a heavy reason to agreeing.

Raoul was trying to focus. He could feel an uncommon surge of pain grating at his head that he did not move for a time, merely taking in the situation in the most logical way he could, also noting the other Blondies that seemed to have now likewise awaken. He shifted his gaze onto the very centre of the room, past the insignificant decorations and all the trimming. There, beneath the light of the Brain, was Iason Mink, his usual imperturbability, his wings folded like a massive moth’s behind him, his back turned towards the Council as he stared up.

The Biochemist followed that gaze and sure enough found what has his best friend’s attention. It was none other than Riki. He was afloat very closely near the Brain, the System holding him in a sway of sleep as its tendrils caressed his splendidly naked form. He was glowing beautifully in this stupor of unconsciousness, his dark wings falling like silk down behind him.

The coitus was over, but the Pet was still trapped with interfacing? The Pragmatic Noble had many questions, but he would not have the moment just yet. As Iason Mink himself left the floor, rather, spreading his wings, he had proceeded to take flight to meet his Pet where he was, his aim to once more mate with his Exclusive before the end of their moment here, this time... this time to overwrite the Will of the previous god of Tanagura and impose upon it his own.

As he pulled his Pet carefully into his embrace, wings folding around them as the System took over their levitation and surrounded them with its tendrils, Neu-Jupiter knew. All of the Council did.

From here on out, it was all going to be by his and his doing alone. Amoï was his to take charge of and wield as he pleased, as its ultimate future was left him by their parent.

Upon Tanagura, his will be done…

And with that the story was written anew.


It was during the afterglow of the events that had taken place at Jupiter’s Tower.

Riki has now returned to awareness, being attended to by their Furniture in one of the preparation chambers just beneath the very acme itself. Iason had brought him here, carried by no less than Neu-Jupiter himself into the comforts of a waiting bath, feeling his entire body strain and sting at first only for it to be lovingly soothed back to the vigor that it had been before.

He does not recall a single thing.

Cleansed, perfumed, dressed for the last part of the night -while all manner of readiness was made of him, he tried all he could to remember yet failed. All that he could recollect was the onset of calefaction, the deep, heavy need to be touched, the wanting. That hypnotic rhythm in his form. The boiling in his veins. Then in the face of that unending heat, he does however remember his beloved's voice, the way it called him as those hands ran their course upon his body. He recalls giving forth to the lust and want. That they had made love in the most intense of ways, that was what he was certain about. Also, the pulse in the background that was of something else. The System…?

Riki recalled connecting to it, but he couldn’t understand what it was he was searching within it entirely. This was the mystery that got him sitting quietly in contemplation. As Katrice and Kantre both made their way about, combing his hair out as it was being dried, fastening another princely crown around his head, this time, decked with his black diamonds. As they prinned his feathers and adjusted his costume.

He was being made to wear a revealing tight suit of pure white lace, stitched with gold to wrap his arms, his legs, but winding from his pelvic area to petal selectively along his pectorals, his abdominals, then finally enclosing around his neck. It still showed off his navel, the very base of the curve of his spine where the mark of Jupiter was, his shoulders and the protrusion of his bejeweled black wings.

He didn’t retract them. He didn’t find the need to. He did not even question as they once again strapped him with many decorative treasures, a striking bracelet worth the moon, a fine armlet with an expensive teardrop stone, the choker with its chandelier of fine chains and bijoux. Riki...was somewhat at peace with himself after all this.

“Master, it is time…”

And he let himself be lead by the twins on either side. He moved with the same sensual grace, the same challenge though pacified. He felt himself satisfied with something yet could not determine what it was. But after that short moment, after whatever it was that had occured in the Tower, it had left him quite elated somewhat, something he was not in a while.

“Masters, we present, Master Riki of the House of Neu-Jupiter.”

What was this? A waiting entourage? The Blondies now dressed in a shade of gold and silver, their robes fallen to trail on the floor, were standing both sides of his path in lines. They actually have cleared the way for him to walk silently through although, the look they had all cast him, a flock of blue eyes watching knowingly, the demeanor of Saints and similar to their statues with their heads held high, taller than the Pet is actually, all their gloriously blond hair combed back and fixed with ties of similar colour. They gave him bows of acknowledgement, Raoul reaching out finally with a hand that Riki somewhat likewise extended out to, albeit blankly.

“Are you feeling any malady tonight?” was the Biochemist’s question, though the Pet’s gaze had drifted to catch Gideon’s whom had suddenly tore his own sights from the Exclusive.

What was that all about? They’d just seen them fuck had they not? That was the context of all this ‘finale’ after all and he’s assuming that they had achieved that fortuitously at his own expense? But what was in that stare? Gideon felt off although he appeared to still be his usual.

“I’m fine…” but Riki had said then, seemingly drifting into this curious haze again as the Furniture both stopped behind him and his new escort, only for the second high-of-rank Blondie to ease Neu-Jupiter’s lover to the spot where it mattered most.

Raoul led him to Iason Mink, the top Blondie waiting at the end of this congregation, decked in a similar shade of pure white but with a touch of silver blue in all its royal shades. Again, ever the Emperor. He was masculine to the very tips of his wings.

Wings. Riki did a double take. His beloved...he was wearing his own massive pair out like a badge of further distinction. A marvel that his span was even greater than his Exclusive’s own. Which made the Pet wonder.

“My love…”

From the hand of Raoul, Riki was given over, Neu-Jupiter pulling the Pet into his arms to press a kiss onto his lips, very gently, lovingly, his very palms moulding over that form, just drawing him in with this mellow influence. By the end of it, the Exclusive was breathless once more, and very much in a state of euphoria.

“Do I look more like the Pet for Neu-Jupiter now?” was his question to the Man, obsidian eyes searching that face for answers.

“You look more like the one I love ,” answered the top Blondie, and this was not in any way a lie.


 

Lower Hall, Grand Gala Venue, Jupiter's Tower.

They walked accompanied downstairs once more, met by the shifting ballroom that was the venue of the Grand Gala. For a moment, Riki had somewhat forgotten where he was, still adrift from the affairs earlier that evening. He felt tipsy on something and his body had a surprising spring to it. His head felt light. Whether it was due to the still lingering connection to the System that just wouldn’t detach itself, or to the presence of Iason Mink right beside him, he was uncertain. But he, as he glanced up at his Master and Lover, was more than just beaming it appeared to be. The crowd thought him to be absolutely glowing.

Not surprisingly enough, as thoughts filled the head of the Exclusive, of how he wanted to be lain against the body by his side, or be covered by it and pressed down completely. He wished to be trapped in those arms. This time, he wanted to be aware of every sweep and caress, every kiss and motion. He wants to hear his Neu-Jupiter say those words, to promise him the world like always.

Their coupling up at the Tower. He was aware it had happened, yet still couldn’t remember it at all. By now he was fairly certain he had done something wrought of embarrassment, of which his Master would certainly taunt him with later on, perhaps during one of their more personal sexual episodes? Such a bully. But he loves this bully admittedly, and the thought made him blush.

“Beloved?”

Riki’s grip tightened on the hand that cradled his own in its palm, making the Pet drift into the venue in all his white-wrapped splendour. He kissed that backhand once more, as both of them made their way, the Council behind them in equally fine array, Iason Mink not withdrawing his wings. Did he plan to show everyone finally, what he truly was underneath it all? Why now?

As Riki descended to his new world, to the attention of everyone, to the glare and lights and sounds of his Exclusivity once again, he could not hide his questioning. But all that seemed to fade away as the Man wrapped an arm around him possessively, drawing him near at entrance.

He breathed finally though this was not the end, as Iason lifted his wings up to display them, as the powerful of Tanagura likewise surrounded, the Council of Blondies all key figures of this world and, in their midst, he likewise stood, the Pet that changed the course of history.

“Presenting the Lord of Tanagura, our Neu-Jupiter, Iason Mink,” boomed the voice that drowned all music. The Pet heard it clearly, and expected his name next. “Together with his life pair, the Exalted and Exclusive…

“...Riki Mink.

There seemed to have been a pause, before applause broke forth free, the top Blondie folding his wings behind him in similar fashion. As his eyes turned to the Pet whose expression was that of disbelief. No, it was more like the mongrel that had been him in the past was the one surprised. After all this time, finally, what was once regarded as trash from the Slums, had now received a last name. Not only that, that he would be wed to Iason seemed beyond him.

It felt overwhelming.

That his heart skipped a beat and was now beginning to drum in his ears. Thankfully, his Neu-Jupiter was there for him.

In front of everyone, Iason moved his Exclusive’s hand and laced its fingers through his, drawing him near to press his affections on Riki’s lips once more, with the promise in his sapphire eyes that there will be an excess of this love later on. In its full strength, capacity and sincerity.

For now, the Lord of the Realm was satisfied. For Riki to bear his name. For Riki to be entirely his.

The Pet understood completely and began to cry happy tears.

The top Blondie was true to his word and he all but declared it to his beloved: “Did I not tell you that after tonight…

“...you shall forever be mine?”

Chapter 70: Prelude to 71

Summary:

I decided to write this short chapter to transition my readers to the next Book of Cinco. It's just a teaser really, a so-called taste of what things may be like in the next chapters to come. As our Jupiter Couple now begin their official life together.

Chapter Text

Exactly a week after the Exclusive’s quite opulent of a Grand Gala, as news still went on about that amazing Coming-Out affair orchestrated by the Capital of Tanagura, now also dubbed the ‘ Jupiter Wedding ’ after the Pet at the centre of the event emerged married to the top Blondie. Something that even the galaxies far off had not stopped talking about, crowning the powerful with even more power as everyone looked upon them both in utter astonishment that day...

Tanagura’s many business enterprises thereafter had boomed in excess thanks to the popularity boost, all its sectors functioning, the Black Market at the very forefront of the matter raking in income not only in the quadruples but more. Good for the rich who were wanting to further line their pockets. Bad for the counterfeits and cheats trying to weasel their way towards some easy credit.

What with the new synchronicity involving the whole planet and its many networks, this union to the Capital thanks to the Coupling that night, it was now harder to pass safeguards unnoticed. Those deemed mediocre side markets and economies like Kryon and other so-called ‘ Independent City-States ’, and even the aliens unwelcome in the quadrant where Amoï existed.

The elites seemed to have upped the stakes and were slowly tightening the noose. To trade under the radar was almost close to impossible without Tanagura’s consent lately. Prosperity in the planet only promised to those who were on the side of Neu-Jupiter, a gift in excess of wealth to allies, everyone acknowledged by the System the only ones reaping the benefits of.

Otherwise, it was bound to be a fail on the petty crooks and hoodlums whom were aiming to gain anything from within the depths of these changes sweeping the Capital...Though the scenario was nothing  really new. Not to those concerned and in the charge. Nor to Riki who remained in its midst...

Somehow the Exclusive had expected this shift, as he was continuously being pampered by everyone surrounding him, a most lucky ex-mongrel as they now sing of him in their praises, currently an upstanding citizen with a mighty name that resounded in the entire Star System. Perhaps the only one that mattered next to his Life Partner and those Blondies that he still found annoying. Especially as of late that they were required to work so closely with the Neu-Couple...

“Are you awake, Master Riki?”

He tossed in bed as Katron pressed the button to draw the curtains aside, pulling the sheets to wrap around himself and shield his eyes from the glare of a new morning. He was not really wanting to get up just yet. Again, as he was kept late in the throes of passion by his Master although, as expected, the latter had already left early due his responsibilities sometime before the Pet was even aware, leaving the Exclusive to peaceful dreams before this hour when the Furniture was sure to come knocking.

There was now a strict manner of schedule that they followed. As with Raoul Ma’s insistence that he’d already found the path by which it was best to finish repairing the System and what remained of its flaws.

‘ Oh so there’ll be more to this? ’ Riki recalled himself frowning at the prospect of again making love under the Brain of Jupiter’s Tower, basically with the Biochemist there stating that he knew now just when the couple would go into this most optimal of estruses to take care of matters in conjunction to their roles.

Simply put, Raoul wanted to plan out their sex life. Part of it that is, at least where the System was concerned.

Iason responded, ‘ It should not be that terrible if it is to our own advantage, my love. ’ Sounding as it is, he was undoubtedly fine with it.

As if Riki envisioned that his lover wouldn’t be. Which was pissing him off but what could he do?

He loved that bastard.

That other Blondie, Raoul, can gloat all he wanted for getting his way then.

‘ So it’s decided. The next period will be in a week. ’

That was two days ago. Recollection of it still managed to irk Riki however that it drew him slightly out of his sleepy stupor.

“Would you like to know what your schedule is for the next five days, Master?” Katron waited before asking, when the Pet finally sat up, the Exclusive in such a messy state with his disheveled appearance and the many, non-fading signs of the Blondie Master’s lovemaking left on his skin. Practically normal.

The Pet merely scratched his nape and yawned: “I guess.” ‘ What else is new? ’ his mind supplied with the mental equivalent of a facepalm.

Katron checked on his PVT. “Besides the System Coupling on the fifth, you are scheduled to attend a Soiree in three days’ time,” and stated a few of the items matter-of-factly, making the Pet pause in return.

But here was something that he still seemed not to be exempted from it seemed, Riki gaping before falling back upon the bed in exasperation, “The hell? Again?”

“It’s the Coming Out Party for all the Platina Pets and the Blondies will be attending.

“They seem to have decided to make it a collective event, in order to put forth a show in level to yours. Not to mention to show their support.”

That sure woke him up and Riki continued to groan out, even as he rolled onto his stomach and buried his head in the pillows: “And Iason agreed huh?”

“There’s no harm in it. You are only there for attendance’s sake, nothing more is required.”

“I hate these things. I hate getting exhibited like a damned...”

“Pet?” Oh can anyone be as honest as his Furniture and friend Katron? It made Riki roll his eyes and frown and sulk finally.

The Alpha only continued with a knowing smile, “I was rather thinking the reason why this perturbs you is because Master Raoul’s mandated Abstinence Period begins at around the same time? And won’t hormones be running unchecked?” That sounded like a jest. A bad one that Riki glared at even more. It seemed to not bother Katron at all as he remained tidying around.

He tossed the facts over his shoulder, “Regardless since Master Iason has already decided, we will create an Ensemble worthy of standards for you both.

“We’ll check fabrics and such today as part of the Palace inventory,” he said.

The Furniture’s smile is, at times, really insinuating, as the Alpha calmly set down a data slate on the bed for him with his lessons’ timetable.

It had been part of the protocol since, but it was heavily emphasized upon nowadays. He was to study everything he had to learn of their domain, Raoul having become his instructor on the matter, and was the one who prepared the menu he now used. How irritating this was!

Riki sighed. He lounged in silence.

Katron dismissed himself only when the Pet had resigned to the details, walking out of the Main Nest and closing the doors behind him to prepare breakfast, among other things that he was to take care of today. All was well in the Palace of Neu-Jupiter. Too well in fact, the Exclusive thought.

Well ain’t this a charmed life?

He still had to carry on like how it had always been, even if he ruled the world now. Correction, even if his husband ruled the world. It was all just a matter of reassignment and playing the new roles given him. He was still just the lover of the equation. Neu-Jupiter still had the absolute hold in every decision though somewhat this wasn’t his problem.

Something else bothered the Pet about all this.


Their official life together was still fraught with trouble as, elsewhere, certain dangerous matters continue to loom, the Commonwealth just having received the full report of what had occurred in Tanagura over the last few days despite facing some difficulties. Zico and his band of hackers posing as safeguards at the very gate of the Capital’s digital networks. Besides that, there was also Neu-Jupiter, the System’s physical embodiment, that Blondie Iason Mink and his Exclusive, Riki. Both were a threat to any plans that may be undertaken. Those with the intention will do well to prepare. It was getting all the more harder to peek into the affairs of those seemingly incorruptible elites.

But outside forces were not the only issue here.

Inside Tanagura itself, something had gotten piqued after the Lovers’ official coupling at the Tower, something that might cause a certain tide to turn in its due time…

Gideon Lagat was on the prowl for a new acquisition, having disposed of his previous pet in favour of another in the span of just a few days. Noticeably a black-haired Academy breed, two of them, both studs, that he was putting up to multiple fucking sessions with each other, rumours had it.

He’d watched them with a certain greater distance however, as if he was looking for something that clearly they both lacked, capable of replacing them without a moment’s waste, whenever he felt like it.

But wasn’t it just common? That the Charismatic Noble like his other brothers all seemed to have undergone certain changes themselves especially after receiving the Will of the old god? They had become particularly fierce, not only in their dealings, but likewise in tastes, the lower levels of Eos Tower II in constant renovation to suite their shifting moods.

But it was of a greater plight for Gideon, whether he admits to it or not. Because at the back of his head, he could not really erase the image of Riki as he was writhing under Iason’s touch. If he closed his eyes, he could clearly see his curves and hardness, hear his reserved moans and erotic pants, that breathless voice calling out to in need but only towards one being.

He was getting disturbed by this that he was at least trying to drown himself with work, thankful that Midas was busier. Although when he gets home, he recalls how he still longed to see that same exhibition as that night once again.

The pets he’d instructed to greet him with any the number of sexual tricks they could apply to each other were proving insufficient. There was only one that would fit his voyeuristic needs.

It was also the only Pet he could never gain...

Chapter Text

The Executive Aircar in its official gold hovered quietly over the glitz that was Midas, with a retinue of about six other similar transports flocking it from all fronts, guard details, as within the main of the fleet were those two. Iason and Riki Mink, the top brass of this Empire, off to attend yet another soirée.

The latter didn't look at all too thrilled, that frown stuck upon his beautiful face that it seemed out of place. The top Blondie could not help but notice, reaching a gloved hand, the finger drawing his Pet to look at him.

“Calm down Riki,” said Neu-Jupiter. “...it is not like you have to indulge in anything. You just need to be by my side and look especially beautiful.”

The Pet’s costume for the night was this lengthy sleeveless coat, open at the front to reveal a full halter lace top within, the tight leather pants, soft boots and his standard jewelry. His wings were silver trimmed this time. Which will be unfurled later upon arrival.

Riki clicked his tongue, “Like I’m a damned decoration.” He was no doubt annoyed, but this was usual. Although now he had all the right to be.

Iason remained doting, leaning in to catch his lover’s chin in his fingertips once more when he inched away, only so he could kiss him breathless, tongue grinding over tongue that Riki panted at its end.

“Bastard-” but his expression said otherwise, a favourable colour rising to his cheeks, knowing that Iason was perhaps wanting to torment him at the moment.

What timing. Just as their abstinence had began and he was technically too weak, too sensitive, and too defensive about it.


The venue was decorated with multiple chandeliers, silks and glasswork, now following the suit that the Blondies had set with Riki’s Coming Out, everyone developing a taste for the grand and exemplary. It was a necessity now to be excessive, the new merit for matters dictating how events such as these, from the most monumental of balls to even the smallest of gatherings, should be done. As long as it involved elites, any party must seek to be levels better than their past drags, forgetting simplicity in favour of such aesthetic extremes.

Such as this event held by the Platinas. It was yet another milestone of a feat. But of course how could it not? When the outcome was a result of Orphe’s handiwork, with Gideon’s free reign, of all places, instead of the Eos Towers, these elites had decided to ‘ show off ’ in Mistral at Midas instead. Riki had no idea. But it was certainly going to be the usual showcasing wasn’t it? Already, the information of the pets to partake tonight in bold neon display at the gallery outside for attendees to gander.

But that was not the stunner of the evening.

Everyone was here for the presence of the Blondies, in particular, of Neu-Jupiter’s and, in the very rare occasion, of seeing his Pet. It was no surprise that since his celebrated Coming Out, he’d been seen less and less by the populace. He eventually had to be dragged along again to make appearances and please his adoring public...

As they entered, the crowd of patrons fell silent, the Masters of the Ceremonies declaring clearly, “Neu-Jupiter, Lord Iason Mink, accompanied by the Exclusive of Tanagura, Riki.”

That’s one way to steal the show, people from the farthest reaches of the venue flocking where the curtains had parted to let them in. But security was tight, that at last the only ones allowed within the range of the two were the Platinas and, of course, the Blondies that had already arrived earlier.

Riki looked even more anxious now, no matter if he’d made the walk with the same grace, exuding a beauty that though muted was still magnetic. Iason whispered into his ear, that deep voice making the Pet shiver involuntarily, “Easy my love.”

As always, everything that had to do with the Soirées made him remember things. Strange that he was now found to have forgotten everything else seen by the System as /troublesome/ in his past, yet, his days of being reared, trained and fucked in the Capital remained in his memories. He felt a hate towards that.

Something his Blondie knew to be going on in his mind. Perish the thought that Riki would still be unhappy in his care. He kissed his hand gently.

“Do not forget that espoused you already are...to me and Tanagura. This shall not taint you,” Neu-Jupiter uttered his convictions, something he wants Riki to take to heart.

Like a true Master, he accepted the Platinas’ solicitations with a mild courtesy, tipping his head to this or that being. But his brethren that had come to welcome them both received his attention the most as, with a Lord’s hand, he led his Mated Pair towards their rightful spot.

Orphe was most pleased, no doubt, “Iason. I thought you wouldn’t show.”

“And miss your latest endeavor?

“Doesn’t it deserve the attendance of Neu-Jupiter since you had so magnificently plotted out my Pet’s Grand Gala last?”

It was no means a flattery although this was no doubt simply a favour returned. The other Blondie had gone to great lengths for such a feast after all that it was inevitable. Even to the last hour of that momentous night.

How could Riki forget?

How could they let him forget?

As they walked in the centre of this golden sea, the Exclusive could feel the eyes of the Council upon him. As if telling him how especially radiant and...enticingly untouchable he had become. Also that they knew more than he did of that which had happened.

Who knows what transpired and what was inspired by that particular time, but Riki had only been aware of the dispersing of the Will. Damn it he could not remember anything at all about their Coupling. However based on the partly malicious looks they cast him, it seemed real enough that they had also seen him at his most vulgar that night.

Iason’s eyes merely narrowed, quick to notice the shifts in Riki that the reaction was instinctive. Somewhat, at the back of his mind, he was apprehensive of showing his brothers that side of Riki and, perhaps, will never dare to again. The attitude had somewhat relaxed and changed between them all after that Coupling up Jupiter’s Tower.

Gideon broke the silence, the prince of frivolity in these occasions, although he was cautious around the Pet. He was half admitting to be threading on wire and fire when with him.

“Before this conversation gets carried away by other such flatteries...Come, Iason,” and he likewise bowed towards Riki. “We have a seat reserved for you both…”

So this must mean the show was about to start? Great, the Exclusive seemed to just roll his obsidian eyes and shake a head.

How long was he to stay here again?


The wine poured forth as the crazed frenzy of playthings in heat swept across the floor, shameless how these young bodies paraded themselves for show, a great way to introduce the latest breeds and stellar genes, items that the rich can tap with their spare credits. The other Blondie’s pets were likewise thrown into the mix, including some seraphims which for special purposes are caged and doing some foreplay with each other, stripping to make haughty displays of themselves.

Unholy and holy. It seemed awkward and laughable to Riki at the same time that, for obvious reasons, he stayed with Iason. He sat on his lap, just looking at everything without much interest, wings folded behind him in a drop down the side...

Unconsciously, the top Blondie had been caressing him gently, a touch he every now and then leaned in for. But barely, these gestures reserved and unexacting, Iason noticeably bored as there was nothing much to discuss. They had spoken of the prominent names in the circle tonight. How there were Commonwealth bigshots amongst them again, but that was about all there was to be interested in. They knew these people were only here for espionage.

Raoul took note of his best friend, “Don’t like what you see Iason?”

Neu-Jupiter was drinking his second flute of fine vintage, replying coolly, “I’ve seen better, no offense since these are yours, my friend.” He was referring to the winning breed that looked to be the pride of the affair. A stud and bitch owned both by the top Platina. Although obviously, the eyes of the Lord of the Realm were only upon Riki. As was every other gossiping VIP or elite. Riki whom was fast at raising a brow in question as he felt them discussing about him once more.

Another Blondie laughed at the obvious hints surrounding their table, “I bet our Master has grown tired of these. What with a beauty like his Exclusive to serve his desires?”

That was not far from the truth. Admittedly, whom on the planet exactly wouldn’t want the power and pleasure of Neu-Jupiter?

Gideon was in contemplation. To think a mongrel has become the most enticing body there is in Tanagura. He’s heard that another one of those Couplings was scheduled for the two? Boldly, like always, he was first to ask when it was to Aisha’s note.

“In three days time…” Iason responded, attention completely out of the games now despite the hungry moans and pleasured cries rising from the stages.

Gideon chuckled, “Ah then, aren’t you going to share some of the particulars?”

Iason directed this to the Biochemist, “Raoul’s expertise on the matter should be better to answer your curiosity…” which was not at all lying.

The Pragmatic Noble nodded.

To him, this was just another scientific exchange and explanations were the norm. How this schedule was believed to be the best and most optimum moment for the two halves of Neu-Jupiter to connect with the core of Amoï, to open its gates and resources…

“...technically the most ideal time to interact with the System and repair it,” he finished.

Aisha interjected: “But a schedule is so immensely vexing, isn’t it? Does it hurt to be in total abstinence at the moment, Iason?” and asked despite his usual cold.

The other Blondies laughed. They knew it was mandatory almost for the Jupiter Couple to share some intimacy. It was allowed of them and required to some degree. But for Raoul to have found and used the abstinence as an excuse to set his own metres in place before the next deep dive into the System. They were all surprised that the top Blondie agreed and the reasoning that: “It will heighten the pleasure for them both when they do it, as scheduled” was even accepted.

Iason this time was seen with a smirk, pulling Riki in to lay against his chest, “Just a theory of Raoul’s. Excruciating consequence” and there went his slowly caressing hand, an intensity rubbing off gently on his Pet that the latter shuddered again. “We’ve paused all pleasure for the last few days already, and it’s becoming...steadily inconvenient.”

They can only imagine. But something the Blondies could relate to after witnessing the passionate display for themselves. For an elite who has the means to enjoy sexual gratification now, waking up in bed with a creature as that and constantly refraining yourself from touching or doing anything...it must be pure agony.

Riki this time frowned.

“Oh please,” and he purposely pushed up from his Master. “I should’ve known you'd keep talking about sex again, ad nauseam.”

Iason was fighting the sudden urge to grab that silken mop of dark hair, and make him flinch a bit for the hell of it. Riki should stop saying crude things. Not when he was in this horny state. He just might change his mind despite the current ruling on refraining, drag his Exclusive home and fuck him hard enough that he won’t be able to stand the following days.

Not going to happen. To the amusement of the other Blondies, Riki was even allowed as far as to ease free of the grasp that held him, sitting back with his arms crossed. Defiant as always, his most beloved.

“Are you not getting testy?” went Iason’s smile, lounging back onto his seat to keep an eye on his Pet. “Do you no longer fear my intentions?”

Riki narrowed his eyes and boldly slid back down again, grinding against his lover, still very much upon that lap and straddling. He glided against the broader chest.

“In the end, you’re just a pervert. You can’t threaten me with that,” the mongrel in him was always quite prevalent. “I took on Jupiter. What makes you think that I cannot take you on as well Lord Iason Mink?”

These exchanges have become a classic amongst them, amusing how Riki always ended up contradicting, but in the end almost always gave in.

The other Blondies laughed again, Gideon bringing his hands together in a slow clap as the Exclusive finally slipped off his pedestal and stood up, sauntering away - wings, sensual curves and all - to stretch his legs. He no doubt had eyes trailing him but they let him be as the security made way. Much of the attention remained around the Blondies’ table.

“Feisty. I think that’s one thing we lack in our pet breeds - a spark, no, a flame...a fire!” and he pinned the suggestion to Raoul.

There had been talk of certain experiments that aim on introducing mongrel genes to a next batch. That perhaps there was something in the makeup of the natural that can make the succeeding group of pets defiant, slightly in need of taming, therefore keeping them all interesting?

Orphe didn’t seem to disagree, “But perhaps for only a small group first? After all, we would need to secure the gene stability - and check for anomalies and similar defect.

“It is not like we can take that flame you say from Iason’s Exclusive.”

All eyes turned to look at the Master, who all but quietly smiled once more. Had they not tackled this subject before? Even the Jupiter of old had mandated that there will be none other like Riki. Yet it is an interesting thought. Imagine, a sudden surge of strong-willed breeds that will need work to quell. Perhaps that would make it worthwhile for all masters?

Gideon: “Won’t you agree? More challenging Pets in the next season if our Academy can handle that.” In a sense, that would be breaking the norm entirely.

Iason was in thought, “A flame…” but all that came to mind was what it is like to caress Riki, to hold him closer. His blaze was something he most always gladly extinguishes when he had him in his arms. The smallest gestures, those licks, nips, the way he cruelly makes him arch and buck… “perhaps,” he concluded.

The Pet better be prepared during their Coupling. Neu-Jupiter intends to spend every ounce of his pleasure on that body and make him yield until there was no more to give...


Riki wandered off a bit too far from the group of Blondies to take a breather, finding himself at a decorated balcony far from the festivities and alone, thinking that if Iason was frustrated, what more him who was used to the pleasurable treatment almost every night. This abstinence was frankly getting on his nerves, though he was denying it all throughout, ignoring the fact he was becoming like a tight string ready to snap at any instant. He rather felt irritated to wait. Admittedly, he missed his Master’s touch.

This better be worth it or I’ll give Raoul a good beating, that was what he was thinking.

Midas looked like it should under the paleness of the planet’s moons. Rather too lovely and romantic. However Riki’s mind was more on a certain cogitation, of how he knew that underneath all of this seeming peace and prosperity, there were but many changes that are continuing their course. This was the start of a new era. Iason Mink had many plans in store. He wondered how he would play the part he knew he would, if not now, in the very near future?

Yet what was he thinking? He was merely the Pet, someone who would be swept away with the tides where they turned. Although that meant he was entirely worried now for the top Blondie. He couldn’t help but feel that there was danger inching ever nearer them as time was ticking. He hoped he could do more than what he’s been doing thus far. He loathed to be useless when in essence, the old god did say he was going to be an integral part of this new empire. He didn’t want to see Iason face these matters alone, the thought that he might, saddening.

But enough of that, he decided.

If the top Blondie was here, he’d chastise him again for thinking too deeply into the situation. A habit Riki should not be making...

He planned to return to where his Master was then, however, as the Exclusive was walking back in, he was met by a throng of pets, decked in their scanty attires, already too cordial and raucous to be considered normal.

He can smell the wine and Muir, heady liquor and some other exotic spirit that was sure enough spiked. He had been tortured by them before unsuspectingly, but knew now how these manufactured creatures had a level of immunity against them to boast. Although to see them this drunk and high - had there been changes in the way aphrodisiacs were manufactured now too?

Of the group, four amazingly beautiful faces swam through the convivial crowd, sauntering towards Riki in a dazed fashion.

“The Exclusive of Neu-Jupiter…” graceful fingers had reached out. He didn’t know how he appeared to them, but he was utterly surprised at the feel of someone else’s hands on him that he immediately recoiled, aiming to swat the touch away or throw a punch in though someone else had beat him to it.

“What’s the meaning of this! Whose pets are you!?” it was Raoul with the dark guards of the venue.

As Riki’d thought, he wasn’t going to be left to his own tonight either. The heightened Security was going to dog him everywhere. And these Blondies! He heard the collective of pets gasp, retreating in fear at the sudden presence.

There was visible tension. Raoul has a noticeable impatience and anger if things did not proceed his way. Again, he demanded an explanation, although not from Iason’s Life Pair but the other press of terrified playthings. Riki almost stepped in, seeing the way they looked and trembled, but the owners had come and were bowing to both him and the Biochemist soon enough.

“We’re sorry my Lord,” they addressed Raoul. “...and to the Exclusive” next apologized just as profusely to Riki Mink.

The Blondie seemed unsatisfied, and the Pet knew he wasn’t. But it also looked like he did not want to drag it out further lest it ruined the night, simply stating, “Put a leash on them. You can’t have them misbehaving around Neu-Jupiter’s Exclusive.”

That seemed to have put an end to this debacle. The owner Platinas continued to bow as Raoul sought to leave them there; though not before giving Riki his hand and sternly saying, “As for you...you know well that to stray from Iason’s side is forbidden of you.”

The Pet wanted to protest. He felt his blood boil over to some degree but knew better than start a quarrel right after one. It irritated him however, how minimal his movements have been tonight. Worst, he doesn’t even have an outlet for this annoyance beyond his hand fisting in this manner. He did unclench it and took that offered hand eventually.

“I was just out for some air…”

“Refrain from going alone. Especially since you’re just days away from coupling,” Raoul’s continued tirade as they walked, with him leading the Exclusive across the floor. “We need not remind you that Neu-Jupiter’s vessel-”

“-is for the pleasure and use only of Neu-Jupiter. I get that,” Riki has heard this before. “It wasn’t like I was interested to fuck any of them!”

He flared this time and, even before they could reach the Blondie’s table, just let go and walked on his own back to Iason’s side; Iason who met his return with a curiosity.

“Your Pet has drifted,” the top Blondie can hear the stress in his best friend’s voice, and this he secretly amused himself with. “Mind keep him within the circumference of our table so that other pets don’t get tempted?”

By this time, Neu-Jupiter has moved to a separate area with this large seat, upon which he’d tapped a gloved hand beside to beckon his Pet to sit. Immediately, Riki made his way there, doing just that, but remained displeased. Another incident, the top Blondie guessed. He’ll review the footage later.

“Don’t test Raoul’s patience. He won’t tolerate you.”

Riki retorted more a statement of his annoyance than actually meaning it, “Didn’t he used to say I should be mounting other pets because I was one?”

“And you’re considering that notion now?” Iason chuckled, not surprised at the outburst. “That was before. The Blondies are now over-protective of you because you’ve been set aside for the System…”

The Exclusive had something else in mind, Makes me feel like I’m the entire Blondie Class’ Pet. No doubt he felt so irritated.

Iason took that hand in his and gave it a squeeze, only to then deposit one of his gadgets there. “Perhaps you should listen to some music, sleep or just behave for an hour more or two…

“Then I will have Raoul or Gideon escort you home to the Palace.”

“Escort me? Aren’t I coming home with you?”

Yes. That was the question. The top Blondie merely smiled, settling the other’s qualms like he always did. “It’s just for the time being. I’m afraid it will become quite difficult for me to resist so for your own good...you will sleep alone at home.”

“And where will you be?” asked the Exclusive.

“At the Tower,” came Neu-Jupiter’s reply, an ornate flute drained of its contents. He pinned Riki with a stare, but moving his hand between them, he gripped the Pet’s crotch, to which the latter almost jumped. That alone sent a bolt of electricity coursing up his spine and he shivered once more, forgetting his anger altogether.

They both knew he was starving. “No touching yourself. We’ll have plenty of that during the Coupling,” came the warning that Riki all but nodded to, licking his lips and then biting it down. He was going to make one hell of a fucking noise. Iason was gladly teasing him.

“I...will wait…” exactly how fast can Iason render him a panting mess? But the kiss that came after that, it was too blissful to explain…


Once they were done sailing through this world of dignitaries and common guests, even with all the boastful extravagance, gifts and the promise of lucrative connections, all the Blondies had eventually ended up bored. Although it was true that they have been kept busy by the other attendees a few hours into the affair and seemed to be enjoying it, everyone taking this opportunity to clasp hands with them. Though with the exception of Iason who’d personally kept away, selective of who it was he exchanged words with, mindful of Riki whom, grown weary of the so-called celebration, fell asleep among the cushions. Just about the same time when the rest of his Class stayed mingling, drawing all known attention to themselves.

Who knew when there will be this chance again? From Orpheus Zavi’s office it was already made known that the Blondies had all but turned down invitations to any future Soirées and other parties. This might be the last chance in a while to see them as a collective. Tanagura was on the onset of a very preoccupied timeframe, urged by the Will and the new Jupiter. The whole structure was set to be overturned.

For now, the Blondies were here, but apparently losing interest, debating how they should perhaps entertain themselves in the situation. They can put the pets through any number of plays, but isn’t that common? Perhaps too common? Where was the appeal?

Meanwhile Riki had just been roused, and, still quite sleepy himself, was pressed lovingly against his Master, Iason calmly reviewing documents in a dataslate, having already ignored the location. Every once in a while, it was noted how he was caressing the base of the Exclusive’s wings. The Pet was sensitive there and it made him arch and close his eyes, pressing needily against the top Blondie.

These things were more or less natural reactions, Iason Mink having control over that body in all respects that even this smallest of gestures applied upon Riki were arousing. Hapless sighs escaped those lips. A stray moan here and there. Which Gideon and Orphe somewhat came up an idea for.

Orphe nodded, as Gideon grinned undeniably, calling his brethren into attention: “How about we stir it up a bit?” and this time, he turned towards Neu-Jupiter. “Iason...mind indulging us on a little game with your Pet tonight, to make things interesting?”

That piqued at the Master Blondie as he purposely slid a hand down Riki’s spine, making him stutter this time. Something lewd that the latter suppressed with a hand over his mouth.

“What game?” Iason asked.

Chapter 72

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

A Blondie Game. Apparently something that Riki didn’t know that they had the penchant for. And while Iason was ever gently making lines over his body with his touch, basically just tormenting him into reacting, the Council stirred to the idea, this proposal so boldly being offered by the Elite of the Elites to Neu-Jupiter that he gave it attention.

Orphe posed a very curious question: “Ever wondered how, if, in the very impossible event that Riki was given the chance to choose another Blondie Master, besides you that is, who would it be?

“We’ve somewhat pondered about that…”

All Blondies were concentrated upon the dialogue as if to further declare this. But they were clear that it was by no means a threat of any sort to the position of Neu-Jupiter, rather it was their usual inquisitiveness about certain matters. Borne out of their collective boredom perhaps due the current state of affairs? Though Riki sort of caught traces, of this seeming hunger or some other sense close to that. Even the crowd was taking notice now, of the interesting topic the Blondies seemed to be getting into.

The Exclusive frowned, What are they looking at me for?

The gathering of other low-level elites turned towards the table, as Iason’s face fell into a certain seriousness. Honestly, what was he thinking?

Orphe again, pushing the matter in further, “Wouldn’t you want to find out for yourself, Iason? Who your possible competition could be?”

Riki knew his lover to be covetous, and in a sense he sought to see if the top Blondie will perhaps deny the ridiculous subject - or maybe turn them down, out of jealousy or another reason? He knew of Neu-Jupiter’s consternations too so he assumed this would be likely.

Yet he was surprised when his Master retorted, “What do you propose?”

Gideon stepped up to the stage. “A harmless game of Touch ...nothing extreme, of course,” he smiled, his unnatural charm tossed about as always, even towards the Exclusive.

Wait what?

Was that not a game pets played among themselves? They’ll single out an /It/ among the known Bottoms of the group then the Alphas would take timed turns tormenting him or her with foreplay. If the It came or succumbed to the pleasure so easily, that was top point. If he or she didn’t, minus that. It was also a test of self-restraint, of how well the one chosen can stand the sexual assaults...

They can’t be suggesting a similar thing right?

“The farthest we would be allowed to go is caressing...just a test to find out if any of us will cut close to your Pet’s standards for a master .”

Riki this time eyed Iason and the unreadable expression on his face, that is, before he aimed to leave once more. “This is non-” Neu-Jupiter stopped him from doing so with a firm grip to his wrist, which moved to grasp his hand, making a small seductive trail with his gloved fingers. “Iason?”

“Let’s play,” he looked at Riki and the Exclusive knew he was not kidding. “I want to find out if I will likewise need to be wary of my own kind…” and his gaze shifted to eye the other smiling Blondies around them.

Raoul, who had been silent, broke into the conversation this time. Even the top Blondie raised a brow when he said, “Let’s throw in some stakes.”

The Biochemist rose to his feet, moving towards a nearby area and fetching a leash from one of the Furniture, gripping it between his hands to test the strength of. “What fun would it be if we didn’t put anything on the line?  After all, this Game might put us all in trouble,” and he walked back to give this to the top Blondie. “We already are transgressing by the mere suggestion.”

Perhaps he did it for Riki’s sake. The Pet looked too needy that he might not be able to last fasting for long. Perhaps if a portion of the tension was eased, that could help him get a better grasp of this new aspect of his life? One that may need to happen every other one and half month or so...

The other Blondies concurred, “Here here!”

Raoul continued, “Let’s give every Blondie a chance to give Riki a taste of their brand of expertise on the subject. We can decide who gets the turn by drawing lots of some sort.”

“Over cards perhaps?” Gideon was no doubt amused by how this was all going. “Also, for the pot, say, a billion each?”

The Blondies laughed again this time. They were the only elites who didn’t shrink at such immensity. The other pets including those of the Council’s own envied the fact that Riki would be the base of such extravagance. They would weigh his worth in costs equal the post and it was a lot based on where this was all going - more than the pedigree’s worth in Auroras.

Raoul nodded to that, “We play in rounds to determine the one who will take the privilege, but we shall split the accumulated amount in half. The final winner gets half, and the other we’ll give to Riki as a gift…”

All the while, his eyes never left Iason. His best friend was never less than straightforward. “Riki will need to choose which one of us is best and the most suitable in the end however.

“We leave the criteria to his discretion.”

The Class seemed excited at the prospect. The atmosphere was evident with this as the other elites gathered around, hearing that there might be some good action tonight after all.

Orphe was tapping into a certain mischievous side of things, which was altogether foreign territory, but it’s fine. “So Iason? What say you? Can you hold yourself from being jealous of your fellow Blondies?”

Riki sighed. But his scowl once again turned into mild surprise when he heard his Master stating, “Do you think I cannot handle the riles of my own brothers?

“But just to be fair, I will be the arbiter.”

He pulled Riki onto his lap, giving him a quick kiss before fitting him with the golden leash. The Blondies take their seat, satisfied with the permission. Gideon looked most pleased.

“Of course. Judge and Master…” he made a bow.

Yet this was unsatisfying. A measly billion isn’t enough for Neu-Jupiter’s Exclusive and of course the top Blondie had no qualms making this known. “Don’t you agree?” he rests his cheek on the tip of two curled fingers. “Raise it or walk my brethren.”

Gideon spoke, “Double?”

“Triple,” but it seemed that Aisha Rosen had the better idea to volunteer. “That should make it fun .”

Gideon could only chuckle. For the coldest of them all to even suggest this: “Aren’t you in a humour tonight?”

Who wasn’t? Everyone else seemed to be fine with this. They were all being very bold and quite fearless. It was a fitting price, and perhaps was not yet close to adequate but it should do. At least they were no longer killing themselves with the dreariness of the event.

Raoul: “Should we decide then on the final rules?”

Iason had things in mind that he had considered. “Whoever wins the round in card gets to sit Riki and give us a show. Then my Pet’s company is fair game until the next winner is decided on the proceedings.

“No drugs. No aphrodisiacs. I will allow raw skill only . My Pet...is well-trained and receptive.”

Riki felt a hammering in his chest. He was both nervous but in an unlikely way, excited, whispering, “Really now?”

“Only because I am certain that they know their limitations, my love. Enjoy it,” he gave him a seductive smile. “ All Blondies are aggressively well-versed in this art as you will soon find out.”

And just like that, it was then settled, and the Council ordered for a fresh deck of cards to be sent out from the organizers.

“We’ll want for each one of us to have a chance, of course, but be mindful, we shouldn’t give to each other either,” was another rule they’ll be following.

“Who wants to?” agreed the rest, in seeming high spirits and breaking into gracious laughter once more.

Iason could only shake his head at the folly of his own Class and why he had indulged them, but he didn’t look like he was changing his mind. Riki paused, but slipped out of his grasp again.

Standing, he took his coat off, flexing muscles and wings. He took the deck of glass cards as it was trayed past him to the mild surprise of everyone.

“If that’s how you want to do it, all right then,” might as well since he was also getting tired of all else that’s happening, boldly as he always is. “I’m in…”

That made the Blondies stop. A payback for Iason Mink no doubt as the Exclusive waived his right to being one for the moment, cocking his head up by his chin in a challenge to those participating, “Show me what you got then?” and he smirked confidently.


The Council’s Game made quite the attraction in the Pet Soirée that they had the floor all to themselves by the third turn. Elites from all over the ballroom had gathered to watch their bet Blondie put on their best foreplay forward, crucifying Riki with such a variation short only of actual bondage that his head reeled, getting palmed over (often by Iason himself) from one master to another. All this he took with such finesse and reservation however, arching and responding only when he was touched right, which was common on every round, every Blondie exhibiting a different type of method to get his attention whenever he fell on their lap and was refusing to yield, fighting the urge even as they held him closely by his leash. He was most certainly giving them all a run for their money...

By the end of the night, his value as a Pet was thirteen times three billion...almost a thousand-fold or more the value of any pedigree, set aside the fact that the other Blondies, amused by his quite challenging demeanor which they could only chip at bit by little bit, had promised many gifts, which they rather openly heaped upon him to Iason’s amusement.

“And you say I spoil him?” Neu-Jupiter spoke of it clearly, a show of pride, to the laughing group of beauteous masters around the table with him. When wine was served, liquor...hormones and sex droid functions tapped into, run and driven...

The other pets were secretly insulted, cast into the shadow of Riki’s blaze that, no matter what they did, no matter what other show they put forth, everyone seemed more interested to see how the Blondies’ Game went on over that table. They had never been so pleased with one Pet alone, but it was the apparent case and the others were absolutely furious to the core because of it. The show somehow making even the most dignified pet grit his teeth as they watched this unusual specimen of the System move through the heated wave of golden hair and powerful hands, fingers lacing through those rich tresses with a flurry of wings that even the Seraphims envied.

Worse especially when rumours started circulating, of how the Council masters will perhaps soon change pets following this event. Their preference may be inclined to choosing onyx-haired breeds now. Because they had the closest semblance to Riki despite that kind being previously unpopular. It was all because of Riki.

Riki who was strong yet pliant. Riki who was indomitable. Riki who knew the difference between Iason’s touch and someone else’s that nobody around their circle seemed to be able to coax him into surrendering. He...only felt so very strongly for his own Master, a demisexual without doubt, Neu-Jupiter noting this with a raise of his glass in toast, secured in his status as the only Lover and finding flaw in the way his brethren was handling Riki despite all the care. Though that could be due the caresses never going farther than skin deep with exception of a few, up until the next round when he had allowed them a bit more freedom with his Pet’s body, to put it to the test, so to speak.

Which only made Riki the apple of the Blondies’ eyes all the more throughout the night - fingered, held, kissed, caressed all over it made it difficult to think he was the Exclusive. But then it stayed obvious Riki kept himself only for the best of the Class: when asked by Griffith Wallace, an obvious innuendo, if he had ever imagined a possibility of being the Exclusive of all of them, he responded above gasps and stuttered sighs, “I only have one lover. I don’t intend on getting twelve more .”

The others laughed, “My. Such loyalty!” To which remark Iason merely raised another blithe chuckle before casting his winning cards on the table...


Of twenty-seven rounds, Iason Mink won three, which, although he was not a participant, he actually took advantage of. He could have passed, but he used the chance rather, to show his fellow Blondies the proper way to tickle Riki’s fancy, making the latter exude heavier sighs, deeper groans of pleasure, moans, grasping his Master’s cape and clothes tightly in need. The example got all the other Blondie masters hyped up, enough that when they got their turn at the Pet again, they became even more aggressive, more demanding...Riki getting a taste of all thirteen at least twice, leaving him heady and drunk with all their reserved passions.

Raoul was a clear-cut favourite, a stern piece of mechanism off to work as brutally as he was gorgeous, but Orphe wasn’t one who wanted to be beat either. By the end of the Game, they were the only two vying for the Pet’s choice as master, Iason excluded and Gideon taking third out. To everyone’s expectation, Riki picked Raoul as the victor, having dealt a cunning nearly as voracious as Iason’s when it came to the play.

“Probably because he’s done his research?” Gideon Lagat quipped.

“He is our dearest scientist after all…” chuckled Silbert Domina.

Aisha just quietly observed them...

When the games were finished, the Blondies indulged themselves further by asking Iason to show them the thing they have all laid eyes on but still wanted to see anyway: the Exclusive’s Pet Ring. The crowd seemed to have been as hungry as the Blondies for the chance, but kept their quiet observance as it was a circle they were not invited into, no matter if they were also elites or personages of standing. The Blondies were just a cut above, and so is Riki with them.

After tonight he would be branded as the Exclusive only Blondies can torment, but only One can ever own...


Despite his protests, Riki did little to struggle when he was taken to a separate room and pinned down, a wrist and wing each held by a laughing Blondie as was both ankles below. He was too drunk from the earlier games that they could spread his legs easy, as Iason released the hard and pulsating erection to brandish that elusive Pet Ring. To their surprise, it wasn’t as they remembered that night during the Coupling.

“Had you gotten a new one customized? This isn’t the D-Type you used before, is it?” asked Aisha Rosen, noting how the Dark Ring now had a spiral extension whirling upwards that naked shaft, squeezing it, while two of its extending tendrils capped the very tip of Riki’s cock as if to stopper the impending storm building inside of him.

“If you are talking of the original ring before we fell into slumber, that has already been long removed...” Iason trailed off some of the details, informing the circle of Blondies that this was still very much the same Dark Ring they saw on Riki the day they came back from the dead. The very same from the Coupling in fact but had only morphed. “...a gift from Jupiter, a special J-Type that changes forms, and is, as the rest of Riki, one-of-a-kind.

“It had been of a different design during our first schedule as you had witnessed at the Tower, but it’s now become this .”

“A metamorphosing Pet Ring?” Raoul had not the knowledge of this and may need to make a new log of it. “Who could have guessed?”

The other listening patrons outside mumbled beneath their breath as the Blondies bantered openly within the separate room, crowding around the Pet and hiding him from their view. But what was evident was Iason’s pride directly reflected by the Class’ own, a simple show to the rest of the crowd that there will be those that will belong beneath them, as it should. Especially when the doors were finally closed, Riki squirming in the captive embrace and calling out to his lover, “I...Iason...”

“My, my...the Pet is starved,” Marcus Jayd noted, finding amusement in his reactions. “Is there a rule in their Coupling that states the Exclusive cannot be given release until he copulates?”

Raoul was the one to respond, “No. As long as it isn’t done with Iason and as long as it is done but once during the entire period of abstinence maybe. That should be safe.”

“Then can we give the Pet a reward for being a good sport?” they nudged the top Blondie. “How about Raoul do it on your behalf? Since he was selected as the most likely conquistador by the Exclusive himself, let us have him provide some alleviation for your Pet?”

Riki didn’t even hear that, feeling extra heated between his legs. Iason was game, smiling to his best friend. “Grand idea. A new subject to fascinate with, my dearest Raoul,” and he revealed his own Dark Master’s Ring to kiss, triggering the extending tendrils that stoppered Riki’s cum to ease down and return to their original base, releasing their hold, actually pulling out from the very slit of his penis.

Riki hissed, “Ah-damn!” and arched as pre-ejaculate coated his shaft. The things he had to go through just because of this newfound fate .

“You wouldn’t mind would you Raoul?” Iason was obviously teasing. Was this his way of returning the favour for the latter’s skepticism of their relationship previously?

The other Blondie cannot tell, yet, tucking his hair behind an ear, he too removed his glove and simply reached down, taking the Pet’s hard cock in hand and beginning to stroke it.

Riki tossed beautifully.

“It merits thought…” said the Biochemist, unattached, even as he went into this steady pulse. Like everything else, Raoul Ma considered the matter with a scientific approach. It was not like he had not tested sensitivities with the breeds he made at his labs -though this was the first time he was testing upon the Exclusive. A chance he might never ever be granted again. “I would need to investigate.”


The next day.

Riki awoke to a terrible hangover and for a while was disoriented as he sat up in bed. Though once he focused, everything came back to him, including flashes of what happened in the Blondie Game and that rather stunning climax Raoul caused at the highlight of the events, Riki however needing to latch lips with Iason as he moaned out in completion via another Man’s ministrations. He admitted that he wouldn’t really have cum otherwise. That or it might have taken a very tortuous long time to, Iason still very much the key to his undoing.

That said, it was now another embarrassing memory. “I’m never doing that again,” Riki pat his reddening cheeks, wanting to shake off the sleep as well as the recollection from his veins.

But then it felt okay, didn’t it? Showing himself to the Council in such a manner? He wondered when he’d become comfortable with the other Blondies’ so-called riles now too, as Neu-Jupiter put it? Wasn’t he getting used to them when the very mention of their names he could never stand before?

Riki contemplated about that as he stood up, clean and naked noticeably, without Iason Mink around. Which was expected after he was escorted home by someone else. The top Blondie did say he was going to be working at Jupiter’s Tower all night, and might or might not be home the next day. Still, that did not keep Riki from feeling a little lonely, especially when he went out of their room to find not even the presence of the greeting Furniture, urging him to make a quick check around their usual places. However breakfast was already served, and the working drones were busy with their own tasks. He decided to interface with one, and found out that the three had gone downstairs to the Pet Salon.  For what reason though he did not know. He’ll find out after food and his other routine preparations maybe?


Riki was downstairs following the trail pointed by the drones, arriving to the main of the Salon where a crowd was gathering around this cordoned area of the floor, the Trinity at the very centre of it and rather busy. On approach, the onlookers gave him space, the robotic guards immediately flocking around him to secure a perimeter after Katron gave the orders, having been on constant monitoring of the Palace despite their absence upstairs. Him and the others bowed their heads.

“Good morning Master Riki,” came their greeting, although their first concern was his wellbeing, the Trinity surveying the Pet’s form to check.

When they were certain that the Pet was fine, Kantre and Katrice returned to whatever it was they were doing, as Katron stood by to assist Riki with anything. The Exclusive took a stroll around the many items stacked around him, the many containers overflowing with valuables it seemed that he now had a vague idea why there was a crowd this early.

“Why are you all here?” There were too many boxes. “What are these?”

Katron was the one to reply, showing him some of the contents within the crates, “Gifts, Master. From the Council.”

Riki recalled last night once more, with those damned Blondies seemingly having promised him a few things. He was in a daze then, and didn’t have an idea if they were serious about it or not. It looks like they were however.

He scratched his nape and grimaced, “Oh yeah. Those gifts…”

He got to poking around, but was not really interested to make the accounting himself. He was just a bit surprised that Iason’s brothers would go to such an extent. They were true to their word, he had to give them due credit.

Among the heap, he found purple-coloured pearls, immediately remembering the Blondie who promised him these.

Katron read out for his benefit, “Purpled Pearls from Master Orphe Zavi. They are genetically cultivated but occurrence of the colour only happens one in every half million whites so they are extremely rare” the Furniture was checking a list. “Three ropes totaling two dozens each.”

Riki sighed, putting the length down, looking at the other valuables. He must admit, he doesn’t quite recall which Blondie said which gift they were giving after that. Frankly, was it important? “Rather too much don’t you think?” he asked the Trinity who only smiled at him.

“We were instructed by Master Iason to do an inventory and make sure all the items were here. We’ll be sending these off to safekeeping next,” they said.

That explained the security. There were too many drones, too many droids and a few other things he can sense to be watching them.

“Shouldn’t you have brought these upstairs and done the inventory there?”

“Sadly there is no time, Master Riki. Master Iason already sent bank transports to take these away…”

That made him frown. Iason was essentially such a show-off that he did not even know what to do with him. Blondies , he smirked.

But speaking of the Man, the Pet secretly asked from Katron, “He didn’t come home last night did he?”

The Furniture knew that look. “Master Iason said something about needing to control himself so he is staying at Jupiter Tower for the meantime.”

That would be accurate. His lover did state something to that effect last night. It somewhat pissed him off now. Katron was watching him closely.

“Oh, regarding all this by the way, Master Riki…

“Master Iason also gave instructions to wait for you to awake and have you choose which of these gifts you’d like to take up to the Palace.

“You may pick anything that catches your interest and there are quite many, as you can see.”

One could sense the other pets drooling. For him to have such a privilege, they were in a stir, causing the whisperings now of what he would pick maybe. About what would be most favoured by the Exclusive and the pricetag entailed to them.

Riki however did not notice anything else except a bouquet of black roses, far beyond the expensive trinkets there were surrounding him: “Who sent these?” prompting Katron to turn.

“Neu-Jupiter. From the Bio Domes. They’re a new specie, rare and very lovely.”

Surprisingly, Riki picked those up instead, smiling as he inhaled the scent and felt the affection as he cradled the flowers. So all right, Iason had his rotten sides, but he also knew what his Pet wanted the most.

“You should’ve brought these upstairs first. They’ll wilt here…”

“Pardon the oversight Master Riki. We were pressed for time with these…”

“That’s fine,” and with that, the Pet carried the blossoms off, everyone present thinking that he could’ve chosen anything else or everything else, yet he chose something so simple for the mere sentimentality of it. Just because his Master gave them to him.

The other pets, and those present, were enchanted with the idea that an aspect of love could exist as perfectly as this.

The Furniture looked at each other, baffled slightly when the Pet had walked out of the perimeter and seemed to be starting his way back up to the Palace.

“Master?”

“Hm?”

“Is that all you want?” Katron was double-checking. Not that there was anything wrong with the choice. It was actually a very lovely gesture. He was simply making sure.

“Ah?” Riki smiled at him. “Yeah. You can send those away…”

With the bouquet, he walked off, followed by a flurry of droids that would escort him to their private elevator. The Exclusive was next seen flicking his phone on and calling, the voice of his beloved echoing on the other end, “Hello Iason?

“Yeah. I got your gift.

“They’re very beautiful. Thank you…”

The Furniture could only smile.

Notes:

Blondie Game done! Next chapter, more on Gideon's dilemma and a tribute to the stunning Trinity. I actually want to highlight my bois.

Chapter 73

Notes:

Yuri: Just want to take this opportunity to clarify something. If you guys have been actually with me since I started this story in 2013, then you know I will never write a chapter if it has no connection to the next ones proceeding. Neither do I make it unrelated to the nature of the original or to the nature of Cinco itself. I claim to be the most likely only fic writer of AnK that's done too much research to not overlook a detail on the subject, details some might have missed themselves actually.

I wanted to toss it in there since my last chapter was criticized as out of place, that it was not at all true to the essence of the original AnK story. In a sense, did you expect it to be 100% completely when the core isn't mine to begin with? I am but a borrower, my Cinco is transitional if anything, like that chapter, to show what changes a share of the intimacy produced in those involved and to move it along the next twists and turns of my work. Please bear in mind that when this story was written, it was as a progression and not a stagnation of the volumes they had been so lovingly drawn out of. If you find it repetitive, well, I'm just going to point this out once, but I am following the novel's formula and pattern of writing itself, which by the way, in case no one has read, repeats the same aspect but only in varying hues. I just expounded a little, and elaborated a little what things I had questions myself and had been unsatisfied with from other stories I've read before mine was borne. Though that becomes its beauty. The draw and drama of my Cinco Storia. AnK leaves so much space to move into moments and introduce a plethora of nuances otherwise unsaid.

Because I believe I was given the freedom to assume what they are, to read between the lines and interpret them for my own pleasure and for those who want to partake in the same pleasure once they read what I wrote.

Still, I didn't expect to gain such little faith however. When you all know that through thick or thin, even while I was ill and forgotten, I've never once thought to orphan this story. I never will even after all these years have passed. It's my responsibility to continue since I owe it to everyone who stayed waiting though the months I was regaining myself at the hospital then finally while during my outpatient therapy...

I apologize for saying anything out of line. I usually just keep things to myself, have done so since 2013, but sometimes it gets personal when people attack me on a personal level. I won't mind if the criticism was creative. Those I appreciate so very much. What I do mind is when a few come around, not even avid readers, bitching at me because they have this pretty idea of how my chapters should flow better than I had laid them out to be. Don't tell me how to write in such an insulting manner and I won't tell you how to be humane.

Anyway, as compensation for the long ramble, here's the next chapter. As I've already said, it's going to be mostly about the Trinity Furniture, and Gideon in the last part in preparation for the next where he is the subject. I'm giving them the spotlight. They'll likewise fill a few chapters henceforth, a head's up, as our Jupiter Lovers step aside for a moment of slight respite. It can't be all about them all of the time I once told my Betas.

Lastly, some announcements, I have began to make Pinterest-Only projects so if you guys have an account there, visit me, feel free to request what I call as "smol" scenario fics (fics of 1K min to 2K max words), and also Try my pins. I am currently practicing on MHA/BNHA and will soon be writing an Inter-campus Section dedicated to my good friend Louisa. It's in loving memory of her. She succumbed to the disease a week ago, I was just told. Rest in Peace love. I miss you already.

Anyway, I'm done.

Enjoy the chapter, Nightlings.

Chapter Text

The network in Eos still maintained its many secrets. Such as that space where the other complements of an elite’s house were also given time to spend a day without worries. A fitting gesture given to the Furniture of Tanagura, yet it was by no means an act of mercy nor had it been thought for out of kindness. Really it was just to encourage the length of mortality among the servicing pieces of an elite’s house, to spare or stave them from dying too young out of stresses. Else, it was still the same cycle, of children being supplied by Guardian, then rendered as infertile eunuchs only to be relocated to the areas where they were needed for servitude in Tanagura and elsewhere on the planet...

It was unofficially dubbed the ‘Furniture Salon’ which stood within a level all its own under the many domestic areas reserved for its masters. But it cut through several layers that in turn allowed easy access to certain spaces when the need arose. Such as the Evacuation Route - pray it would never be used, the Pet Salons, the Main of the Tower, among the few. A nexus that was made to ease the burden of the servants, making them all the more efficient in their duties.

At least that was the intention. The aim still remained all for selfish reasons.

“How even did he manage to get there?”

“It is a section new to Eos Tower II, perhaps he had gotten lost?”

“Rather than lost, apparently, he was out investigating. His curiosity is getting the best of him again.”

There was a trace of mild amusement in their lovely set of voices. A conversation uttered in such articulate fashion coming from lips that seemed too delicate to be that of the common sklaves , eyes turned as a rather beautiful group of Furniture passed through the Salon one day, their faces new and unfamiliar, but admittedly gorgeous that the other servants couldn’t help but turn. Not only that, but their bearings were likewise aristocratic, what with their chins held high and their pacing graceful. A vision of some elite standard in matching uniforms, as of late in the stunning red and black at their Master’s request: double-breasted, dark gloves, polished all over down to the detail of silken hair. Their only distinction. The length told you who was who, with one even growing his at the length of an elite.

They were the Triplets of the House of Neu-Jupiter...

Since a few more renovations were taking place in Eos II following their Master Riki’s Grand Gala, particularly the addition of further conveniences for the residents here, the Pet drifted to check on the projects which intrigue him, going to visit that side of the Tower as he pleased when he pleased it from time to time.

Iason just let him. A favour which cascaded to the elite engineers there and, they too, opened what otherwise would be off-limits, only to him. They expected his visits and entertained his many questions whenever he was there, nothing wrong with it really, just, sometimes he’d return late that the three had no choice but to fetch him, against the use of droids where it was unnecessary while here in Eos II.

As they were doing now.

To cut time in reaching the Exclusive where he may be in the newest areas of the Tower, they were taking the commoner’s path that passed the Furniture Salon, ironically. A temporary fix, until their private access routes were done. Then they wouldn’t have to worry about being here ever again.


Today, Katron and his brothers had traced the Pet into a deeper vault within the lower bowels of the Tower, as per their Master Iason’s direct orders, to make sure he was never alone too long, or out of the Palace too long. But while they could have used another longer way to proceed, today, it might have been more out of mirth as well that they were going about by the tunnel of the Furniture Salon, taking a shortcut via a passage being furnished there, Katron and his brothers thinking that besides shortening the time, it might be worth the tour.

But as they walked through it, it was apparent that nothing here was of any good value really. It was simply another one of those haunts frequented by the bored or in this case the worn out. Like the Salon for pets above, it too, was choked in utter nonsense; difficult to believe that although these Furniture all came from the same ‘source’ for the most part, a.k.a Guardian, a common knowledge to the Trinity, they still found it in them to loathe each other and compete with each other despite sharing this similar fate.

“Barbaric…” the Alpha declared in word only his siblings heard.

The latter two chuckled, “My, even your patience is thin for this isn’t it brother?”

How similar to all of Tanagura, this setting, with its own separations, certain distinctions, Katron noted, as he was familiar with some of these faces they were moving past, able to discern who was whose household’s urchin. Although the other party might not at all know them in the same way.

“They changed up the Furniture again, can you tell?” Kantre.

“Yes. I’m seeing newer and younger ones,” Katrice nodded.

The Alpha was only partly in attention, not really certain how the procedures are when it came to the Furniture class. How or where they go after serving, for example? Or whether or not they are as the pets were, tossed about until they reach an endpoint at disposal.

“Does this not always happen?” he finally told his siblings. “We’ll only keep seeing new faces and they’ll disappear at a rate that it becomes a blur and we will soon forget all about them.”

To Katron, these faces held no meaning. He did not want to even put or learn the name of them.

Since their Master did not want his House mingling with these in the first place, so they never will. They were to devote themselves to the Palace, to Neu-Jupiter and most of all to Riki. As such, ridiculous notions like the intrigue and gossip in the levels below, whatever elites chose to do to their property, those ideas were beneath them. They were not to be involved in the other Furniture’s power-plays. It was necessary to the peace of the Summit Level. Interest in anything other than utter perfection in themselves and their work, Neu-Jupiter will not tolerate that.

“Aren’t you too stern, brother?”

“We simply noticed, that’s all.”

But while here, they could not help but immerse, Katron and his brothers coming to witness some older furniture seemingly in the act of bullying the younger ones, right as they approached their exit, taking notice of the matter with a slight wrinkle of brows.

Katron would have let it. But he was always allowed something to say, “Must such behavior exist? Do they actually find a need to sully those that one sees lower than themselves?”

It was more to his brothers, that question.

His twins looked at each other and could only shrug. “Is that not normal around here?” Katrice asked.

But someone had overheard.

The furniture in question turned. He had a pretty enough face and grayish locks, easy to tell why he was here. Yet repulsed at whoever it was that had scalded his pride, that expression contorted. He frowned to see the Trinity, but unaware of who they were as he stared them up then down, he merely thought them the more good looking of a batch. Him and his entourage.

So groups were also common here? That notion was what had gotten Katron’s interest however.

“I have not seen your faces, are you new here? You don't seem to know the customs of this place,” said the furniture.

That was not inaccurate. Or rather the Trinity were bad at paying attention on anything unrelated to their House. Which went without saying that they had lost heed of this squabble, Katron not really in an attempt to stop anything or save anyone, merely wanting to state a point.

“You live in the same world. Getting along should not be optional,” came his bit of wisdom, watching the faces around him turn pale. Those being bullied, they had the look of palpable fear, as if stating what magnitude of trouble the Triplets were in.

The Alpha cared not of it and, with that, turned to continue on. They’ve wasted time. However, the other furniture deemed that the talk was not over with just yet. He stepped in front of Katron, and grabbed at the collar of his uniform.

Riki’s Caretaker had a very bad temperament when it came to disorder and was not going to tolerate a threat or being threatened himself. At the contact, his eyes immediately assumed their stained red colour, cat-like as they narrowed at the other furniture. Soon enough, automatically, his brothers’ own gazes followed shade, transforming their angelic faces to that of demons.

Mouths gaped. Even the circling vultures that were the idiot’s lackeys took a step back. “I suggest you take your hand off, before you lose it…” said the Alpha.

Lucky for him, Cadense had come in just in time. He was Aisha's current Furniture and the Floor Leader for Eos Tower II. Sensing that there was contention, he immediately sought to quell it down for everyone’s benefit. Most especially since he saw who it were that were at the Salon, surprised as he was.

“You-” he called the bully of a furniture by his name, prompting everything to stop immediately. “What are you doing?” and the latter withdrew his hand for fear of the Floor Leader’s wrath.

“Cadense, these Furniture-”

Cadense cut him off however and bowed to the three instead, an unusual sight. Wasn’t he the highest of rank among them all in the Tower? Why was he looking to be giving more respect to these?

“Katron. Kantre, Katrice. This is the first time I have seen you come here,” said he.

Kantre helped to fix his brother’s attire, something they usually did for each other. Strange this custom might be, it was common in the House of Neu-Jupiter to put each other in order.

The bully of a furniture revolted, “But Cadense-”

“Quiet you-” he was hushed this time too, the Floor Leader’s face showing his impatient anger.

Katron was aware of what the role of Floor Leader entailed, but had never really acknowledged it. He simply looked over his stately uniform and, once he determined himself presentable enough, answered without finding the necessity to return the bow among other pleasantries really, “This is but a detour.

“We had no intention to come through here. If not for the fact that this is a shortcut to where our Master is at this moment. The other route is too far off.”

Cadense understood. Their responsibilities came first. “Then please...” and stepped aside, easing the other furniture with him so the Trinity may pass. “Let us not keep you.”

The three did so, without nary a glance back and were soon gone. Trivial all this really...

“Cadense! Why did you let them go?” but apparently not to the gray-haired furniture whose confidence had been injured by the encounter.

Aisha Rosen’s Lead pinned him with another angry stare. “It would be wise not to pick a bone with those three,” he said, making it clear that he himself didn’t like the idea that they’ve even strayed this far from the Nest of the Summit Level. “Did you not know? Those are Master Iason Mink’s Furniture!

“And that one you had decided to ensconce...that’s the Exclusive's Personal Nurse!”


At Keeler’s Labs, in a chamber privy only to Raoul Ma and the top of the Blondies, stirred ‘something’ from within the tanks of nurturing fluid. Only for others to likewise thrash in the waters, as if feeling a disturbance somewhere, their united mentalities were also affected.

This was recorded in the charts, from five of the specimens the Biochemist had successfully bred. Amazing that after failure upon failure, there were finally these to show. Iason would certainly be pleased with the results.

“Soon enough…” Raoul sighed, pressing a button to feed sedatives into the tanks. Somehow, whatever happened to those three up there drew these reactions from the rest down here.

If there was a link between them, as Neu-Jupiter had suggested, it certainly was strong wasn't it?


Aisha Rosen had just come home to his unit at Eos Tower II, Cadense at the door to greet him when the panels slid open then slid back in place locking the space.

“Welcome home Master.”

Noticeably, there was no pet in the House. Aisha had, like his brethren, requested for a black-haired stud from the Academy and the stabling has not been done yet. Everyone was waiting for these sable specimens to be available. There was such a high demand that, although they were on priority, Blondies still needed to wait as well. No matter. It would be worth it, and for the price, to maintain the standards of statuses. Though for now the house was quiet; it was just the two of them and the robotics.

“Cadense,” cold of demeanor and somewhat merciless as the other elites see him, Aisha was a difficult being. Which was why his Furniture rather stilled at the sound of his voice and was wondering if perhaps he had done something wrong?

“Yes Master?”

“Iason had mentioned that his Trinity had been in the Furniture Salon earlier. Apparently they’d likewise told him of it?”

So it appeared, the news had reached certain ears. When it came to the Palace residents, everyone seemed to know if there had been something going on.

Cadense maintained his serene face. “Ah, yes. They were off to see Neu-Jupiter's Pet. They had taken the Salon as a shortcut,” was all he told. Well, he did withhold the fact one of the other furniture had almost gotten into trouble with Katron, which he suffered to keep a secret. It would be bad for that one to gain such attention knowing who owned whom in this Tower.

“Had anything happened?” asked the Blondie, as the Furniture was getting into the task of cleaning up after him, tidying some of the digital slates and gadgetry brought in, the robe that had been taken off. “It is not usual for Iason to mention such an event. He is rather fond of those three for some reason.”

The Floor Leader again thought over of what’s happened earlier and still decided not to tattle. It also seemed that the Trinity themselves never mentioned the incident, otherwise, his Master would have confronted him about it, and severely.  The only problem was if they’d look into the surveillance feed. Then everything will be brought to light. Still, he refused to state the complete details.

“Just some of the other Level Furniture making acquaintances with the Trinity. Most of them had heard but not really seen the three,” he stated.

Aisha was in doubt, but since he rather liked the performance of this latest Furniture of his by comparison to the others he’s had previous, he decided not to delve further. He merely began the walk towards his own personal quarters.

“I see.

“Well that is Iason's fault for keeping even his own Furniture aloof. He isolated them from everyone else much like what he does to his own Pet,” he turned to Cadense, but not without the stern look of warning. “Make certain that there are no quarrels with them. I do not wish Iason's involvement on the matter. It will be your duty as the Floor Leader.”

Cadense was both relieved and fearing those words, but he guessed he should be thankful. He knew the Blondie had a tendency to throw anyone out on a whim if they pleased him not.

“Y-Yes, Master,” he bowed.


In the weeks proceeding from the events, Iason’s Trinity were seen once more passing through the Furniture Salon, decked in blue hues this time and never less than beauteous as the rest of the servants dogged them with their gaze, stepping aside, murmuring among themselves. That other furniture, whom had received Cadense’s lashing for his misbehavior on their last encounter, was now keen to keep his wits about and was careful not to cause trouble when they were around.

“Good morning young lords,” but was not beyond sarcasm that Katron still raised a brow to.

But whatever.  It was not on the priority of things for the Trinity. The other can be petty all his life while they attended to other more important matters...

“Katron!”

Everyone, including the Trinity were surprised, Katron just quick to bow his head however as he came running into the Salon. Kantre and Katrice both bowed a little lower too, which prompted the other furniture in the space to do the same, seeing this rather stunning figure of an unknown name approach the three.

He certainly didn’t look like a Furniture. He however had this rather gravitating personality that drew attention effortlessly to himself enough that when he smiled, the servants stopped breathing. Who was he?

“Master Riki,” Katron supplied the answer to their curiosity as he straightened, addressing whom the elites have talked about certainly but these furniture may have not seen first hand. They were mesmerized by the Pet’s presence, including the bully who admittedly gaped, Kantre noticed.

The Exclusive was all but looking about, dressed casual once more in preparation for a day out to Midas.

“I had known this place existed in the Registries but have not really come here. It's larger than the footage,” he spoke, voice somehow taking on this fascination of the things he keeps discovering as of late. His obsidian eyes sparkled, adding to the darker than black aura of his entire being. So this was Neu-Jupiter’s beloved?

Katron could only chuckle, as with the rest of his siblings, inquired, “Master Riki, of all places, why are you here?”

“I got bored of waiting,” he admitted guilt, raising his hands in immediate surrender. “Raoul was at the installation site down there and I didn’t want to talk to him.”

There went the first-name familiarity. To which the Alpha had all but smiled to. “How typical of you,” they seemed to look exasperated but not too unhappy about it, the other furniture saw.

Riki simply narrowed his eyes playfully at Katron, resting a hand on his hip. “Well? Let's go?”

“Might as well,” and the eldest Trinity bowed to his brothers. “Ensure that all preparations are settled before we return?”

“When have they not?” Kantre nodded confidently.

“Do enjoy the day out,” Katrice gave them his own smile.

Katron led Riki to the entrance from whence he came bursting forth in here earlier. “Master, if you may…” he gestured for the Pet to walk ahead. “This is not the place for Tanagura's Exclusive to wander into. There is nothing here for you to see.”

“If it helps to not get you into trouble, I'm not talking of it to Iason,” said Riki, just in case there were problems that will be born of this. It didn’t seem to bother his Personal Nurse, the Alpha merely chuckling yet again, drawing out his PVT to summon their transports to the Gate.

As they leave, a collective mumbling was heard, like a monster rising from its deep silence. The Betas left all but shrugged at the notion. Why were they so surprised? Shouldn’t they have known by now what kind of being it was that dwelt and was secured in the Palace?

Kantre noticed that gray-haired furniture’s face as they turned to go. He somewhat wanted to scoff, but really, that would be too cruel of him so he simply inched in close to whisper, “Don't tell me you have never seen our Master too? How innocent of you.”

The Beta’s laughter was evident as they turned a heel, leaving this and the admiration the occurrence inspired for them, the Trinity, and whatever immense responsibility they shouldered.


A few minutes prior to leaving the Tower himself, Gideon Lagat, still at his office in Tanagura, was seen fiddling with the monitoring grid of his territory, Midas, when surveillance had alerted him of something he was rather quietly looking forward to seeing these last few days, bringing an undeniable smile to his face.

After the Platinas’ party, he had not seen him so much that he wondered if Iason had been keeping the Pet locked up once more in their Palace; certainly not the case, though he had undoubtedly been curious, no matter how subtle he was about it, to hear any news of Riki. The last being that he was always down the areas in renovation at Eos II. That seemed normal, knowing the Exclusive was being schooled by the System, but he had not once come to Jupiter’s Tower or the Salons. Likewise he had not come out to visit anywhere else, all other Bacchanalia invitations turned down until prior notice, said Orphe Zavi who was in-charge of such affairs.

Yet here was a most unexpected opportunity.

The Exclusive had finally made his presence known, and was in fact also headed to the same area where the Blondie was needed today.

Half of his organic mind said that he should not at all meddle, yet, the other half, the one end most screaming the need, was urging him to come meet the Pet. He didn’t understand for what reason but he really longed to see him.

After the temptation at the Blondie Game, after getting a taste of that heat, as it pulsated in his hands fleetingly, strongly yet unrelentingly, he has been feeling...obliged to learn more and more of Riki. Why was this? He really was unsure.

The Blondie clicked his tongue in mild irritation. Ordering for his transport to ready for departure immediately, he sought to get to Midas the soonest he could, despite certain pangs of doubts.

He was an Elite of Elites was he not? Who was to say there will not be consequences to this little rendezvous he was planning?

But to see the Pet after a while, and, perhaps, to have the pleasure of his company for the day all to himself, whatever results there may be, it was worth paying the price for later. With that in mind, the so-called Charismatic Noble of Tanagura, put on his best and prepared to head out...

Chapter 74

Notes:

I actually am posting this a bit delayed on AO3 because I did a little ceremonial farewell to the updating of this story in ff.net. I'm finally moving all my fanfic work to AO3, in favour of the other features it offers that are otherwise not available in the other platform.
Thank you to all who followed me there up until this decision. I am very grateful. *bows*

Anyway, without further ado...

Chapter Text

There was a trip he was supposed to prepare for, one towards the Sunlight Oasis City of Cerberus on that once inhospitable asteroid, now currently and quite successfully being cultivated by the High Council, the flagship of Master Iason Mink’s many other extraterrestrial endeavours to come, and a soon-to-be renowned resort of leisure built for the pleasure of the richer if not the richest of the Star System. One can easily tell Amoï was on a route to expanding, its Neu-Empire extending its reach to include so many other locations far beyond the planet’s current borders. They were spreading into territories unknown, hungrily it seemed...

But this little sojourn to Midas had nothing to do with that really as the Triplets could handle the packing well on their own, coordinating with Katze that everything should be in order for the Exclusive even before he set foot there. Riki was just in a mood to prowl about, so to say, having been cooped up again in Eos Palace for a while. One can say he’s already exhausted all the pastimes he could up there. And likewise indulged his curiosities with regard to the newest constructions being done on the Towers. There just seemed nothing else to do in the Nest, not that there ever was even in Ceres anyway; it was the same ruthless, mundane cycle, albeit the way of living in Tanagura was an elevation degrees higher than it were back in the Slums.

But Midas could only change its colours in the end. It couldn’t change its make. It was the same place where pleasure and vice could be bought in excess at a price. Sin walks its streets in nobility’s guise but in truth were no more than discreet perverts.

Obsidian eyes looked up. So much light even in the day. Imagine the lure of this in those years past when he was still the mongrel. Even now he could still see the trash of the Slums getting arrested or treated worse by the authorities here.

‘Iason said there was a plan for Ceres...but why did he lock me out of that part of the Will?’ Riki always wondered what fate awaits his old home under the regime of Neu-Jupiter? His lover was not going to have it destroyed was he?

“Master Riki?” Katron with that concerned look on his face. They had steered clear of an earlier commotion where a few mongrels had tried running into the Purple City. “Is anything the matter?”

“I’m fine,” said the Pet, frowning at the idea that it was no longer his place to care of those things. He had transcended these things, his Furniture reminded him. “Just bored. Maybe.” He wasn’t lying.

The Alpha gave him a charming little smile. “This is why Master Iason wants you leaving for Cerberus in the coming week. It is sooner than he’d originally planned.

“But a change of pace should liven your mood.”

The Exclusive had certain needs. Beyond the current physical necessities, it was worth putting in mind that he likewise was being kept for life at Tanagura now, so it was the role of the Trinity to assist in ensuring his happiness is well catered to. But somehow, as of late, it was noticeable how their Master Riki seemed to pale. Something was bothering him or, rather, as they had inspected his overall health in routine, his body was undergoing certain changes.

Katron had spoken to his Master Neu-Jupiter about it. They have a schedule to see Master Raoul at his office due it in the next few days prior the leave for Cerberus...


He had arrived at Midas via the network of links and tunnels common between his domain and Tanagura, then taking a pod car to the main of the area where he knew the other to be. It was rather abrupt of an arrival that his staff did not know what to make of. Might as well since he had no intention in the slightest to tell anyone. There was a nearby business he needed to inspect. It was along his way and an innocently perfect excuse.

Since when he’d began thinking this way, he cannot really tell. Rather he’d been intrigued before, amused certainly when Riki became part of their world thanks to his Brother’s obsession , but that had changed in the year following. Though his organic brain maintained that it was only because Riki held a special place in Tanagura now; this was all just to keep with the natural need. The High Council was allowed to be friendly with him. Nothing more than the usual civility so the Pet lived healthy in an environment fitting his status...that's what Gideon Lagat had been telling himself.

And what he’s been continuously repeating in his mind as he exited one of the larger malls in this area of his dominion, shocking early patrons as they loitered Midas’ manicured streets to see his well-toned form move with one destination in mind.

Sightings of a Blondie were common, true, but they still were something to behold.

What more Tanagura’s Exclusive when the Charismatic Noble found him at last, flocked by admirers, the curious, and both at the place where his personal terminals had indicated. Gideon ordered a perimeter of security immediately. Riki surely needed his peace and these onlookers were intruding upon it. That was what he maintained anyway, but in truth was using the situation to unconsciously allow himself to do a similar intrusion.

He wasn’t really supposed to be there at that hour.

“Pet,” his gentleman’s greeting as he approached, taking off his eye visor, the drones and bots of Midas quick to sweep back the crowd, affording them a circle.

Riki balanced a hand on his hip as Katron bowed briefly in respect. “Gideon...”

The Blondie regarded the Furniture with a slight nod, knowing well what the purpose of his presence here is, and taking the return of the gesture as permission enough to take the Exclusive’s hand and plant a light kiss upon it, a normal thing between his brethren and the other nowadays. Everyone had a degree of familiarity with the Exclusive, especially at offering such motions, Gideon now very gently looking up at Lord Mink’s Life Pair, a certain clarity in his own blue eyes.

“We should stop running into each other like this,” the Blondie smiled, a  jest, as if he just happened to be there, though his heart of hearts knew he had purposely orchestrated this meeting from his end.

“As if I want to run into a Blondie,” Riki frowned playfully in return.

“Ouch,” Gideon feigned hurt, a gloved and graceful hand pressed upon his chest. “That has rather cut deep.”

The Pet smiled now, a certain brightness lighting his features, thankful to have found someone he knew to converse with. Never mind if it was a Blondie . “Overdramatic much?” he pointed.

And this time the both of them shared a chuckle.


At Gideon’s invitation, both Riki and Katron accompanied him to a special part of Midas, this stylish restaurant with a most amazing view of the Arch Gates of the infamous Pleasure City, the ambiance within a rather splendid hue of dark, spotted in red that was the lustre of rubies. It’s most celebrated decor was an indoor garden, the vines of which hung flowers from the ceilings.

The Blondie walked in with his guest in hand, Riki’s palm resting where it usually is whenever he was being escorted. Katron was a few steps behind, sharp eyes keen to surveying their surroundings. There was a table awaiting them there, one with the best scenery where Gideon had seated him.

“The food here should be to your liking. Many a top review has been stating that the menu is superb,” the Blondie stated.

Riki could imagine the Class to be such picky connoisseurs. But their immortal bodies cannot really enjoy food the normal way can it? Not in the way his beloved Iason can. So what use was knowing where was good to dine or not? The Exclusive finds that peculiar.

“What happens if I don’t like it?” it was a curious question that Riki asked as a waiter pulled up the digital list of dishes they offered as well as a cellar of fine vintage.

It was Katron who answered something that made the personnel of the restaurant nervous: “They might lose face in Midas. Worse, they will be shut down,” the Furniture stood close by his charge now, hands clasped behind him in a formal and dignified stance befitting the house he served. “Your word has more worth than gold, after all, Master.”

Gideon agreed. Which went without saying that he bids the place to do their utmost best. It was one thing to disappoint a Blondie, but you must never disappoint Riki Mink.

“Shall we place an order then?” asked the Man.


Gideon Lagat was a virtuoso of conversation, engaging, fascinating, of wide in range when it came to topics here and the worlds beyond. How can he not be when of all the Blondies, he was the one that often held the crowd's attention during many social gatherings? If there was a need to invigorate a party, he was the Noble of choice. At the moment however he was but only attuned to one being.

When an influx of the citizens came knocking the restaurant for the spectacle, they were promptly turned away at the door. The management had, for their own sake, lessened their establishment to fifty percent the capacity so the chefs could concentrate their efforts at the table where it mattered, to aim to please a Blondie and the Prince of the highest House in Eos. All because the personal and equally unforgiving Furniture hinted what may become of the place if ever they failed. It was life and death, with gains that were worth the risk as well. That should be enough of a motivation.

As for the Charisma of the Council, he had no issues. He didn’t really fancy eating, his body never requiring much of that. He instead focused on keeping Riki entertained, talking about a variety of things that in turn also got him talking.

The Pet laughed. There were small jokes thrown between them and he was game, finding Gideon not at all that bad for company really. Perhaps even friendlier than most other Blondies. He had of course met them all by now...

“How many of those have you already collected?”

“Seven. I think. The garage is full. But it’s not all mine. There are also Iason’s,” the Exclusive said, taking a morsel of something that smelled like Balam Spice and liking that very much. He had learnt from the Black Market how to tell the difference between these aromatic ingredients. He rather liked it when they were used in dishes, the cooking by the Triplets in Eos Palace the standard for him now, but this was also fine.

After that it was back to the conversation.

“Don’t any of you other Blondies ride Airbikes? I mean...Iason likes it.”

“Your Master is a rebel,” Gideon chuckled, stating truth. “He’ll more likely blow up an area on the planet and walk away with a smile of mischief as if he’d done nothing.”

“Hah!” Riki laughed again. “Talking about yourself! You Blondies will most likely do that yourselves.”

Ah, Riki’s draw was incredible. Whether he’s enthusiastic or defiant, his natural charms push through. Enough that the Blondie admitted that it wasn’t his attention that was being swayed by him, instead, the Pet was the one who took it all from this Blondie. And to think he’s had the chance to see all of this unravel. Having a common discussion with the Exclusive was also enjoyable.

“Iason had been rather busy as of late. The Council is being run to the ground. How are things between you both?”

Now that was the question, although Gideon did not know why he was picking at it. What was it that he wanted to learn? That the Couple’s relationship was crumbling? Thinking like this was dangerous, yet here he was again, imagining such a ruin.

Riki read nothing by it though and shrugged.

“He’s pretty much the same although we know he’s been hard into his responsibilities more and more,” the Exclusive had a thoughtful look on his face, but this was due to a recollection, of his lover’s extra efforts to still show him affection despite the commitments. It made him smile. “The great thing about Ia is that he does make time.

“He always has time for me.”


He almost had Riki to himself the whole day. Except of course that this can’t be the case, his own duties awaiting, and then Iason himself. He had called his lover to him on account of being in Midas, leaving Gideon with no other choice but to conduct the Exclusive to Neu-Jupiter. It left a certain bitter taste in his mouth. A certain disdain he couldn’t place. As to why this is he wasn’t sure, because he’d honestly never really felt this sort of conflict before.

He arrived at his Office in Eos Tower I sans the smile on his face, seething it seems that he had not noticed another Blondie in the room he’d just entered. As Gideon stepped in, Aisha spoke from the side, the stern in his voice as cold as it ever was.

“Taking to Chalaza in a heartbeat that your staff had not known where you were? If I had not checked the logs of the Kazara network, I would not have been aware myself,” said the latter.

Gideon was caught off guard, but remedied the situation by heaving in a calm, answering without the slightest falter, “You were spying on me in my own territory? Since when is the Overlord of Tanagura party to the business in Midas?”

“Anything that happens in Midas does not really concern me,” Aisha admitted. “However, /he/ was there and you were with /him/? Convenient that you had just appeared where the Pet was with such impeccable timing…”

Gideon could not believe this. Had they not have this conversation before?

“This is getting old Aisha. Just what do you want?”

But the matter was to become even more complicated as Orpheus Zavi likewise made himself known, walking in from one of the adjoining compartments of the office.

He had, not surprisingly, something to say, “I had thought Aisha was somehow mistaken. But this is a most unwelcome development.

“Gideon. What has happened to you?”

“Why Orpheus. This is rare for you to visit,” the one in question faked a haughty smile. “It was just a chance meeting. I had business in Midas. As I should as its Lord.”

But this was far from over, Aisha still grating at the matter.

“You do realize what consequences there will be if Iason finds this out?

“Gideon, you are a Blondie!”

Orphe agreed with it. “This will be a scandal of epic proportions. And does the Pet even know?”

The Unyielding Noble replied: “He is oblivious. Thankfully…”

Gideon for once could not find the proper words to put the flames of doubt out. Especially now that there was another one of his brethren that had involved himself. Although he felt a sudden anger, such that he’s never had before. And he slammed a fist to his table without realizing it.

“I am NOT doing anything that will jeopardize the Council!” he regarded the two dangerously, and for a moment they were surprised. A Blondie having an outburst - this was uncommon.

But once it dawned to Gideon that he had a flare of temper, he controlled his sudden anger, grimacing at the dent he made on his own desk. This was no good. Sudden shifts in temperaments? It was unlike him as even in Iason’s worry he could laugh.

He seemed to have recovered, but was he resolute enough with his words? “I know the boundaries. I respect them,” he was unsure hearing them himself. As if they were spoken by someone else entirely.

Aisha and Orphe looked at him with an incredulity that seemed to have stamped itself into their very being. It would be difficult to change their beliefs.

“Will that be enough?”


That night in Eos Palace II.

Riki was being prepared for bed, but so scantily clad in his thinner robes that it seemed like he was going to another one of those scheduled coupling of theirs. He knew where this night was going, and somewhat blushed at the ideas his head was presenting, like he was a virgin for it when he’s always gone through the most exalted experiences in bed. With Iason. Each time was a little too special these last few days. Perhaps that was why he seemed embarrassed?

“Master?” Katron was attending to him, looking him over one last time before letting him into their bedroom where Neu-Jupiter was waiting. “Do you plan to tell Master Iason about today ?”

“Hm?” the Exclusive was rather confused. “What about today?” For the same reasons the Furniture was aware of, his lover always knew how his day went, and honestly, the Pet need not really tell it in detail. So why was Katron asking?

“About Master Gideon?” the Alpha stated.

“Gideon?” this only seemed to baffle Riki. He didn’t know what his Personal Nurse and friend was trying to hint at. “If he asks, of course, I’ll tell him. Or if I won’t be too busy later, I might mention it, who knows?

“Why are you bringing this up now? I kinda want to go to bed already Katron...”

The Alpha decided to let it be, shaking his head with a smile somewhat at his own silliness, “Certainly Master Riki. Good night…” as his twins opened the door when he knocked, leading to the Master Suite from where the two had now just exited, them three giving the Exclusive a bow as the doors again closed.

They briefly saw their Master Iason as he beckoned the Pet to him, Riki accepting the invitation and was trapped in those arms, and that kiss. Katron was pleased, but he was slightly irritated by something else. Katrice and Kantre looked at him and asked, “Your aura is agitated, brother. What ails you?”

The head of the Trinity with a narrowing of his eyes released a long-held breath. “We need to be wary of another threat . But it needs a more careful approach,” he told his Betas, turning a heel to leave their Masters. “Come. I’ll tell you a trouble that I think is afoot.”

Chapter 75

Notes:

I did say previous that I will be highlighting the lives of my fave Trinity Furniture. This is essential since they'll be even more visible towards the end of Cinco.
Aside from that, I'll also introduce you to the /Neu-Bison/, the future leaders of one of Iason's would-be armies. One of them, might I add, will actually be the lover of a Blondie. *spoiler* Take note, NOT a pet but a lover.

Chapter Text

The lifespan of Furniture is low.

Thus every so often are they replaced, Katze himself doing the trade with Guardian for these ‘specimens’ to ensure that the best were brought up to the Eos Towers and the rest of the Capital. Though sometimes it was inevitable, that the chosen children did not retain the level head that had sent them to these places to begin with. It was due the stress and the insanity, the capriciousness of the pets. It was the same in every House.

Except maybe one ...

A group of new Furniture were being toured around Eos II, the sight of them pretty much the image of the rigid impositions these boys need to abide by, lined two rows of all male former mongrels (which was a secret) with their hair cropped the similar length, every one of them of good face and physique dressed in the skin-hugging suits depicting their meager status. Beautiful enough to match the unit where they were assigned. Just elevated decorations really, nothing more. And at any time they failed, they too are dispensable, as was most in the vicious and unrelenting cycle of consumerism that comprised their current world.

“Keep up now,” Cadense. Aisha’s newest Furniture and also the new Floor Leader, in charge of orienting the new living adornments with regard to their duties.

They, like him, had no choice when they were brought into this life. The Slums of Ceres were no better a prospect that it was poisoned into their minds to think they were better off here. In a way. But like the fate of pets, minus the constant need and requirement for sex, it was all simply to tumble from one hell to another.

That was why lectures and talks like these were perhaps important. It was necessary even. To remind them all that they have no other place but here and must keep up with the program; perhaps make the best of it if they want to stay longer.

Cadense, again, with the same dialogue he’s given to every batch sent his way before, “It is the responsibility of the Furniture to make sure the House is in order. We do all it is in our power to maintain the pets and the domicile assigned to us. We make sure everything will be as they should and function as they should.

“My name is Cadense. I am the Furniture of the House belonging to Lord Aisha Rosen of the Blondie Class and your current Floor Leader.

“These are Phelipe and Fernand,” he gestured at the two that stood behind him. “They are also among the privileged Furniture in Eos Tower II. Both their Masters are likewise Blondies.”

The Caste System was an integrated aspect of society, thus the Furniture knew how their Masters were classified. Those still not tainted by the riles of their duties are easily impressed by these designations. The higher your Master’s colour in the ranks also meant a certain degree of honour for yourself.

“New installations?”

Cadense, recognizing the voice, turned and bowed immediately at the Trinity as they approached, Phelipe and Fernand already doing so before he did and so the rest of the new Furniture followed unquestioningly.

“Just the basic orientation details,” the common pleasantries coming from the Floor Leader. His first lesson as a Rosen servant was to know the triplets’ names and faces. Everyone should. Though not in direct involvement and aloof, these three held direct influence. “It is a rare sight to see you brothers come down and this early.”

The rather unreal and quite pretty face that was Katron maintains his civility almost everywhere. “It is only by chance that we had passed this way. The private aeroport is under updation.

“Now if you will excuse us.”

The Alpha left with his Twins, with the new Furniture even more dazzled as to how they had carried themselves beyond appearances. It was easy to tell they were beyond normal. Some of the Furniture that had been aware of who their blockmates were at the facilities of Guardian, something not spoken of here as a prerequisite, doubted if these beauties came from the same place as them. They whisper discreetly among themselves.

Phelipe to his comrades: “They are always so engrossed with work and in a hurry; not even able to converse for too long.”

Fernand nodded. “Maintaining their House seems to involve a considerable amount and degree of work.”

The new Furniture were buzzing with chatter.

“Who were those?”

“I don’t think I’ve seen them before-”

“Where did they come from? You see how they looked like?”

“Floor Leader Sir,” one of the newbies couldn’t help himself and mustered enough of a courage to ask. “Who do those Furniture serve and what House are they from?”

Well now was a good time as any to actually inform the lot, before any incidents arose from them not knowing. That has happened before. Cadense turned to the new Furniture and spoke, “They are from the Summit Level of this Eos Tower. The Ideals, as our Masters say.

“They are from the House of Iason Mink.

“They serve Neu-Jupiter.”


It was during one the Council’s meeting, that the Blondies had made note of how the quality of Furniture service has dwindled throughout the years and they were not pleased of it.

Aisha was at the head of the matter harsh with criticism for the lapse, “If this goes on, we might be dubbed substandard. Is Guardian not doing its job?”

Orphe had another concern in mind altogether. “It is not as much as Guardian as it is in the training once they are here. We never can seem to get Furniture that are efficient or effective enough.”

Everyone had turned to Iason whom in all respects was busy looking at something else, Cerberus and its plans privy only to himself specifically, as well as the experiment blueprints from Raoul.

“You do not seem to have issues of the sort, Iason,” added Orpheus.

He didn’t. His House ran like some well-maintained mecha. His triplets were fierce and unforgiving when it came to perfection.

Aisha suddenly had an epiphany. “Perhaps the human Furniture need to be taught by example?” and he suggested something new and unconventional that even Neu-Jupiter himself was mildly surprised.

Iason, reminding then, “You do realize that my Furniture are not of the same make as the usual are?”

This Raoul quietly agreed to; since working on the Trinity’s inevitable clones, he knew that difference to be anything but similar. The triplets were unnatural even by his standards of scientific creation.

Gideon did side with the others on the matter. “But they are the best role models. So why not test the waters and see what outcome might be?”


Things were met with a certain excitement as a choice of the newest Furniture, accompanying Cadense, were being called up to the Palace of Neu-Jupiter. A first in this generation. The Floor Leader was being assisted by Fernand and Phelipe in calming the enthusiasm of the crowd, though themselves were holding in their own emotion, reminding them all that this were only possible due to the graciousness of Lord Iason Mink, and his own Furniture who had at first not wanted to have taken the task of becoming ‘examples’ for the lot.

An order was an order however...

The group had ascended via a secure and rather spacious passage reserved only for the triplets, the Pet’s own passage either the private aeroport or the other ‘secret’ passage, both of which landing upon this short receiving plateau where they’d have to go through the standard series of scans and a blast of micro-sanitation.

Needless to say that everything they will see and hear here will be confidential. Furniture are not allowed to gossip most especially about this House. In fact, a mandatory and selective mind wipe will be performed on those present once they march out of here. They will be directly sent to Kalga 84*. That was Raoul’s suggestion that the Council had voted aye to.

But those were the finer details.

For now, the New Furniture together with their Floor Leader can immerse in the atmosphere of this nearly-sacred space, walking up finally to the Palace threshold whose triple doors slid open upon sensing the friendly crowd.

The AI there was quite discriminatory. Unaccounted guests were liquidated at the entry. The thought of that itself is a very effective warning to those aiming to visit without the proper clearances.

Cadense quiets the crowd of young Furniture with a hush as they finally stepped in, met by more of the tight security that escorted them past the gates, a rather severe horde of robot droids armed to the teeth. They reached what appeared to be yet another receiving plateau. No one is there to meet them but they all stopped to stare in awe.

It was a literal Eden before their eyes, lush with vegetation and the many number of pools that pour down unto other levels. There were floating plateaus in the horizon, containing tame animals, a variety of fishes and birds of paradise that fluttered about as well as all manner of the more aesthetic of insect life.

“So it looks to be true that the Pet of the House is partial to nature,” said Phelipe, him and Fernand approaching Cadense. It was so peaceful here. There was a state-of-the-art bio dome, among other enhancements. How ever do the triplets maintain this?

They were suddenly surprised.

Someone dropped from an unbelievable  height above to gracefully stand before them all. At first they backpedaled in apprehension, but then the Floor Leader recognized who it was and played coolly at the situation.

“Ka-Katron...”

How easy to unsettle these fragile young ones. The Alpha of the Trinity could only smile as he made a bow and waited for everyone to recover. Today, for this activity, he was dressed in a uniform of pure white trimmed in royal green down to his gloves. The standards of this House were impeccable and a far cry from those of the lower level units.

“Welcome to the Palace of Neu-Jupiter,” said the Trinity Furniture. “My name is Katron.”

As he was introducing himself, Katrice and Kantre had themselves fallen, less of a shock the second time but still a shock no less. What on earth even happens in this place-

One of them had a mass of flowers in his arms, the bouquet dropping a few loose petals as they themselves both bowed. Katron introduced them as well. “These are my brothers, Katrice and Kantre,” he gestured at who’s who.

Cadense although still partly astonished, managed to swallow his surprise and asked, clearing his throat, “Where did you three come from?”

Katron simply enough pointed up at a very high plateau. They had not noticed this but above them were several of these flying levels. They looked to all be choking with blooms.

Kantre: “We harvested a few of our rare flowers. They are larger this year than last I believe?”

Katrice: “Maybe we can use them as a centerpiece?”

They looked to Katron for a decision, “If you may, Kantre, bring these lovelies to the main outdoor platform. I believe they would want breakfast there today? Katrice you are-”

A sudden pause. The Alpha reached into his pocket to check his signaling PVT. “Oh. It looks like he is awake.” Awake? Just who was he referring to?

Katron continued unabated. “Katrice, follow-up on breakfast preparations. Kantre, deliver those flowers to their vase where I had earlier said,” he ordered.

Both of them nodded and moved in speed, astounding those present at how swift they had made their exits on either side. It was apparent with this that they’re a different league all their own.

Once that’s done, Katron turned to their visiting crowd. “There is a specific schedule we follow in this House, and usually we are the first to rise and the last to bed. Also, we must awake at any moment thus” he showed them his PVT, a standard gear for any servant of the Eos Towers. His however was a more streamlined unit than the usual ones the others present owned. “...everything must be monitored closely.”

When he said that, a shadow was seen hovering above. Everyone looked up in awe at a beauty with wings who had flown about once before noticing Katron and those gathered with him.

Riki had just awakened. He only realized they had guests flying out of their nest, floating a little lower before he ceased to a stop and landed smoothly, his black wings outstretched folded themselves behind.

“Good...morning?”

Katron was already making his respectful gesture and the rest of the Furniture followed. “Good morning, Master Riki. How did you sleep?”

“It’s all good,” he answered, but his eyes stay trained upon the other people there. Short crop. Youth. The signature bodysuits. Furniture. “I did not know we allow guests up here.”

The Alpha introduced these said guests. “This is Cadense, the Floor Leader of the Lower Level” Cadense returned the acknowledgement. “He is here with the others on that immersion that the other Blondie Masters have scheduled.”

Riki had thoughts about these Furniture, although he knew better than talk about them directly. No one ever mentions Guardian up here. Slum mongrels who become Furniture are keen to not speak of their origins or their former identities for fear of ridicule. “Oh that.”

Katron notices the apparent discomfort, and as the Nurse sought resolution, “Master Riki, would you like to go on ahead with breakfast? I have the bath likewise drawn if you want that first.”

This was for the better.

The Exclusive answered, “I think I’ll wait for Iason. I’ll get a few laps around.” He spread his wings on either side in full span. The feathers were preened exquisitely.

With one clap, a powered gust of wind accompanying that, the Exclusive flew up.

“Yes Master.” Katron maintained the stance as the Pet ascended. 

Master Riki, the Palace Furniture called him. Riki was the Exclusive Pet of Iason Mink. He was recently married and was given the House’s family name. He was known by other nomenclatures and was said to be very beautiful. The Furniture now know this to be exact. They had never seen one like so and with quite the headstrong magnetism at that. How very different he was...

Cadense had a few questions, “He does this every morning?”

“On a daily basis, yes. It is a good form of exercise,” he answered, briefly watching his charge use the landscape as obstacles zooming up ahead before turning a heel. “Fifty laps should be a while.” It was a signal to have the rest of the gathering follow him. “Will you not make use of the time to see how we do during prep time?”


Katze was on an official trip into the deepest recesses of Ceres. First to personally see to the next acquisition of Furniture; next to locate three persons of interest.

Well, interest was an understatement. He selected them because of a certain criterion; the first being their strength. The next were their loyalties and it was very easy to see why they have earned the favour.

These three called themselves ‘Neu-Bison’ .

They were claiming to be offshoots of Riki’s old gang, the very same that used to be the Kings of Hot Crack. Everyone knew they never actually had successors. But then these three popped up with the sole conviction of raising the Sleeping Dog’s banner unto new heights.

Such fanaticism. But fanaticism that was not the ramble of imbeciles. Neu-Bison knew about what happened to Riki, and are in the know. But they didn’t shrink at that or were turned off by it.

They actually thought the former leader of the old group deserves no less than the seat he is upon right now, and being beside Iason Mink was the ultimate reward for the feist that was Bison’s original lead. They believed he was meant to get where he was this very moment.

This while they took the turf here in the Slums back from the gutters, keeping the other gangs at bay while they expanded their territorial grasp by leaps and bounds. This happened all in but a year to this day...

“How much farther?”

Katze wasn’t alone in this expedition. He had a group of guard droids at his disposal. Also because it was easier to track rats when there was technology involved. Easy to subdue and capture them as well if there ever was a need. He anticipated a fight though he would avoid it. Hopefully, the proposition he had was enough to tempt those three to agree on the matter he had come for.

Katze turned the shattered alleyway. There had been battle here but mere hours earlier between rival gangs, and judging on the blood stains and bullet as well as laser marks etched all across the field, it had been more than just ruthless. There were signs of bombings. These three had a wild cavalry at their beck and call; equally fanatical followers. As they will forever be fanatical followers of the Bison of old.

When the Underground Broker found them, they were in such disheveled states. The torn looks and with what seemed like adrenaline still setting their eyes ablaze met the ex-Furniture. Such boldness. They were as cornered snakes, ready to strike.

But he’s not intimidated. Katze had never feared anything save his current benefactor. For him, this was just another transaction. These hardened men he had sought out might actually have need of him more than he did of them. The Slums was full of other resources. He can find another group if they didn’t wish the role.

But why wouldn’t they want it?

“I heard you are the new Bison?”

“We are. Who the fuck are you?”

The bad behaviour. Typical slum trash he supposed. Katze needed them to talk however therefore this situation was good. He stayed where he is, but had the droids fan out in a sweep in case there were other members about -either foe or alliances- he didn’t want any close by at the moment.

Katze continued, “Just a humble Broker from the Black Market with an offer you might want to hear out.”

Although that was met by an immediate decline, “We don’t need anything from the likes of you-”

The guy who spoke seemed the leader. He pushed himself off from where they’d ended up settling. He seemed young and very stubborn, with good looks that could pass for being a pet but that wasn’t really why the broker was here.

Katze was not going to take No for an answer. “It’s a direct invitation from Master Iason Mink of Tanagura” he knew that was going to take their attention. He next drew out a cigarette to bite between his lips, wanting to have a smoke since he landed earlier. He extended the vice to the three as he lit his stick, certain based on the expressions on their faces that they will leave with him tonight. “You know him. He has Riki,” he further said and the interest in these mongrels’ faces was enough. They’ve taken the bait.

“Master Iason you said?”

Katze had not the bone to make jests as he blew smoke past his lips.

“Are you still uninterested?”


Note:

Kalga 84* - another translation would have been Karuga 84 but both are acceptable.

Chapter Text

The visiting Furniture, by Katron’s instruction and direction, headed to one of the kitchens of the Eos Palace, finding it a grand space full of wonder at entry. It combined all the modern conveniences afforded at the time, but was blended with an era’s forgotten taste in the decorative that the combination was rather astounding, the young ones, and Cadense as well as his retinue of senior servants, was stuck looking at the minute details in awe. It was as if history had been taken out a digital page and reconstructed in all its coloured glory. Only cleaner and more precise, streamlined if you may that practicality was not lost to the aesthetics.

Katron gave them the lecture. “There are nine kitchens in the Palace, each aimed to cater to a certain group of areas in the House. They are all stocked and prepared ahead of time to make service easier. We simply use the kitchen closest to where it is needed,” he said, next pointing to a rather large chair of soft plush in a cozy corner. “Each kitchen might I add has that. It’s a seat reserved for when Master Riki comes wandering here and decides to stay.”

They can imagine. The beauty from earlier. He seemed to have this spark in him, this certain curiosity? They can actually see him coming here to lovingly pester the Trinity with his requests and questions and, he has in actuality, even at some point asked to be tutored regarding the proper practices of kitchen work.

The Palace seemed lenient, and far removed from the routine of other apartments that everything was unconventional. This was a culture shock especially when they notice one of the other Furniture of Neu-Jupiter cooking from scratch. He was measuring and mixing ingredients, folding them together easily.

Cadense wondered about that, “Do you not automate things?”

Katron replied, “We do. But the standard for meals in the Palace is quite high. Everything is made from the base. To maintain the freshness and flavour.

"We also grow most food here to ensure quality.

“Kantre is a rather amazing gardener,” it was further pointed. To which the Beta bowed at the praise before returning to his duties.

The other Furniture are in awe. That meant the Palace food is all clearly gourmet. Grown in-house carefully, harvested fresh then so meticulously prepared using such refined techniques. They doubt even the most picky of tastes would decline at Neu-Jupiter’s table.

Katron suddenly hears the light ding of his PVT and checks, visibly raising a brow then nodding. “Excuse me,” he had said to their guests before turning to his twins. “Master Iason is awake. ETA?”

Katrice answered, “Fifteen minutes, seven at your signal and we serve.”

Kantre had already moved to pile more dishes out in prep, once again wiping everything with speed and a touch of precise gentleness. He was being careful of the imported antiques called bone china.

The Alpha was satisfied with that. “Very well. I shall go greet Master Iason then. Master Riki should be done with his laps by now.”

He headed out immediately.

Cadense followed him with his stare, Kantre noting that look on the Floor Leader’s face. He spoke, “It is Katron’s primary role to be Master Riki’s Nurse and Master Iason’s Valet in the House. He must always be the first there when needed by them. He does so rather splendidly.”

Elsewhere, Katron had dry towels out folded for the Pet and warm ones rolled ready for his Master Neu-Jupiter. He’d set them aside on a silver tray which he carried to meet his Masters.

Meanwhile, the new Furniture were flocking to Katrice. He was in the middle of creating a masterpiece of the palate for his Liege, easily maneuvering through the many kitchen implements.

“That looks very beautiful,” said the newbies as he was plating.

Kantre supplied, “It also tastes as it appears.

“Katrice is a very talented chef that knows majority of the available recipes in the partisan planets of the Garan Star System. He also is learning Karin culture.”

That was amazing. “You’ve taken so much into memory?” Phelipe just had to asked.

Katrice, rather humbly, “It is not that I have. It is just being in the Palace of Neu-Jupiter means information is always readily available.

“I am perhaps more of an extensive reader.”

Kantre was sliding in a pair of exquisite ceramic dishes containing meat, freshly prepared with choice ingredients from their own gardens to bake. This will be for later, a slow-cooking menu. That before he urged the other Furniture towards a place in the kitchen.

“Come. You might want to see this.”

He told them to file out towards the balconies that opened the space towards the rest of the outer courts where, below, the regal form of the Blondie of the House was seen walking out of his suites, in his stately yet very much homely robes, Katron already there to meet him.

“Good morning Master. How was your night?” the Alpha and courtesy.

Iason took a hot towel to wipe his face and hands with. “Rather well. Where is Riki?”

As soon as he asked, he saw him flying about; everyone did. “I see he is on a roll once more?”

Katron could only smile. “He insisted on his flight rounds early. Also to wait for you to have breakfast.”

“Ah, so it seems the bath after breakfast is preferred,” said the Master, beckoning towards his beloved. “Pet…”

There was such a great distance between them, but the Exclusive seemed able to hear. He is seen heeding the summons, bulleting back in speed to drift to a stop slowly before descending to earth. Katron offers him the tray of towels.

Riki makes a show of his affections next, nuzzling into his lover's arms comfortably. Iason bestowed him a kiss.

“Hey, there are other Furniture in the House,” the Exclusive said.

The Blondie chuckled. “Is the Immersion today?” he cast a glance over his shoulder at Katron who already has a second more ‘decent’ robe out for him, the top Blondie allowing that to be draped upon his shoulders. Riki was not moving from his spot, his pair of wings folding back.

Katron with the information, “Master Aisha sent his Furniture, Cadense, early with the other new acquisitions. I will let them help with chores later.”

Neu-Jupiter had but one order regarding the matter: “Do well with them then, Katron. I will leave them to you.”

“Yes Master,” he’d bowed, moving his hand behind with his PVT turned on to link with his Twins’ in communication. Katrice’s and Kantre’s own terminals rang and their guests watched them tick it on. They held it a distance and changed the setting instantly so everyone would hear the conversation below better.

[ Breakfast will be served under the Main Outdoor Gazebo. Is there anything that you desire for the meal? ] Katron’s voice.

The next deep timbre must be the Blondie Master’s. [ Riki? ]

The Exclusive: [ Oh. Well, I rather enjoyed that recipe Katrice made last time. From Balam Spice? ]

[ Then I’ll have some of the Logos delicacy he made two days previous. ]

Katron smiled. Amazing that he could predict this well ahead. Those were part of the spread for this morning’s breakfast.

“Of course. It will be done,” he said, gesturing now towards a direction, and reverently. “To the Gazebo, please, if you may, my Masters.”

The lovers lazily pace towards the area, Iason taking Riki by the hand for this leisurely walk, Katron falling behind a few feet before discreetly lifting his PVT to talk with his Twins. “Did you hear all that?”

Katrice gave his nod from the balcony. “Perfectly clear.”

Kantre had already left to check if they had everything cooked and in order. As always, they have. “Seven minutes,” he called.

Katron, seeing the spying faces above, gave his simple approval then turned to walk off after their Masters.

The Twins are busy with the final touches, the dirtied cookery piled and now being seen to by the automated helper drones. Everything was done in such an order that the movements were hypnotic. The other Furniture stayed watching.

Cadense whispered to the others, “Take note. This is how it is done...”

Kantre suddenly paused.

Katrice looked at his twin questioningly, “What is the matter?”

The other did not say anything, instead showed him a hairline scratch on the fine china cup.

Katrice agreed. “That will not do. No.”

The curious Floor Leader came over to look. All this grimacing over a scratch so fine it wasn't even visible the first glance. “It is a barely noticeable mark,” he commented.

But the Furniture of the Palace knew. “Nothing is ever barely in this House,” Katrice said. “Even the most miniscule scratch or the largest gape, they are one and the same. This will not do. Toss them for auction.”

Kantre nodded and summoned a carrier bot to him, placing not just the cup but the whole set where it belonged to aside into the helper, already opening the covers for a fresh set.

“Storage please,” he ordered the bot as he was deciding on the blue crystals, having already polished them with another spare group. The helper floated off as he carefully eased out the new tray of the set he wanted to use.

“I will place an order for a new set then,” the youngest Beta showed Katrice his choice. “Blue crystal from Planet 5517.

"These were a gift from their confederation.”

It was a lovely set, sculpted out from single crystals, etched with such delicate patterns. Katrice approved.


The Furniture under the Twins’ supervision did the service for breakfast that day, Cadense a bit nervous admittedly as Katron closely watched with his brothers, their eyes strict and critical of the work despite saying not a word.

Iason lounged with ease among the luxury pieces of his Grand Gazebo, right beside his Exclusive. They looked to be a perfect match, contrary yet complementary.

“Aisha’s Furniture, are you not?” the Blondie Master regarded the Floor Leader of whom he had full knowledge about.

Cadense was serving them refined tea. He and the rest of the Furniture were behaving all the more properly, rigid almost. The Trinity would have done it with a more gracious sweep.

The Floor Leader with a subservient bow, “The pleasure is mine to be allowed to serve Neu-Jupiter."

Riki meanwhile with his head inclined to the side, resting against his Master's shoulder, remembering something suddenly, “I recall Aisha’s Furniture to be Tomass before. What happened to him?”

The age-old question in his mind. Well, among the many. Cadense halted at that, and was rather confused.

Iason merely smiled, “From what I hear, the Furniture is retired” and he gestured the fussing newlings away.

The Pet pushed it a bit. “What happens to Furniture if they are too old to serve? Are they sent off similar to pets?” He didn’t use the word ‘disposed’. That was rather cruel a term to describe an end. Especially considering these were mongrels like he was. They were from Guardian too more or less.

“There is a way for you to learn what happens, isn’t there?” Neu-Jupiter quizzed.

Riki shrugged. He knew he’d answer it in that way. “Why does this have to happen?” he asked.

“Because it is as dictated by the System,” said his Master.

The Pet only frowned all the more, looking up to him. “But we are the System.”

That was an amusing remark. Neu-Jupiter smiled and kissed him on the lips, drawing his face to him by the chin. The Dark Ring glistened upon his finger, a jewelry the Furniture knew the idea of. They were told not to pry about it however, especially when it was being put to use.

“The things that come of that mouth,” Iason Mink simply chuckled and very lightly turned his Master's control, the Exclusive blushing as he felt the very low hum between his groins.


It wasn’t that much of a haunt but it was a haunt nonetheless, Katze invited by the Neu-Bison members to their humble sort of main quarters. Nothing fancy. Typical apartment in Ceres although he’d seen better, the Underground Broker thought. Even that room where he once brought his Master Iason, belonging to the then still very much mongrel Riki, the very same where the latter sold his freedom and once more don on the Pet Ring to save Guy, was in far better state than this.

This place was a deterioration, though a sanctuary it may be. He also doubts this was where these three met up with the pack leaders of the individual gangs they’ve conquered. They may have had plenty of other spaces in Hot Crack* to serve as their headquarters.

“Make yourself comfortable, I guess,” one of the three motioned towards a couch that was worse for wear. Everything seemed of a crumbling state here. Like everything else was in the slums. Katze took a seat.

“Do you want a drink Mr. Broker?”

Of course bootleg and contraband products were common in Ceres. He should know. He was responsible for these dealings after all. The source that supplied goods to the average slum mongrel consumers no longer allowed them was the Black Market.

“I’m good,” Katze declined the offering of Stout.

He no longer had the taste for low-end goods. He did ask to smoke, which was granted in the territory though these mongrels also asked for a stick each. Calmer now when earlier the behaviour had been partly hostile.

But there was still the look of carefulness. Of looking closely, esteeming each other. Katze shifted on the lumpy seat to cross his legs, a puff of smoke blown past his lips. There was tension brewing between, both sides waiting for the other to begin. Which dragged on a few minutes.

The Broker took one more heave of his cigarette before calmly speaking. He seemed too cold and relaxed that it was annoying.

“I suppose I shouldn’t be wasting time,” he said. “But you should keep your mouth shut about this business.”

The lead of the triad smirked. “You people from the high ranks really.”

“I rather like to think myself a philanthropist,” said the Subarctic Scarface, meeting his eyes. He had finished the stick. Neu-Bison slid an iron ashtray that looked more the part of a saucer on the table for him to crush its dying embers on.

Everything in this room is crude. Far from the stately suites in Eos Palace where Riki is now being kept. Bison of the past above. Bison of the present below. The irony is almost poetic.

“You said you have a proposal on behalf of-”

Katze raised a hand to cut him off. “Don’t say his name out loud. I already said this discussion must be confidential.”

The three looked at each other then nodded to that. All right. They’ve been handed enough credits at the door earlier to know they needed to shut up now. But who’s to say they can’t turn on their guest and just rob him blind? 

They weren’t that foolish, of course.

The redhead was alone but they saw the swarm that accompanied him. It was the size of a small army. It even kept their gang followers from approaching at the moment. They've seen them hidden in plain sight outside earlier when they were passing to get here. Besides, they were interested in the proposal he had. He mentioned Riki the Dark.

“So then. Are you going to tell us what business you got with Neu-Bison or do we stay fucking guessing?”

“Katze,” the redhead volunteered that the three grimaced for a while. He clarified. “That’s my name.”

Wait. People here in the slums know the legend of that name. He was a ghost that had haunted the backends of Ceres. He was the man that once delivered their idol to the Blondie that had married him.

“You’re the 'Katze'!?”

Well then, rumours did fly out the window from time to time no matter how discreet one tries to be. Amusing that even someone as insignificant as he in the cog was inaugurated a legend all his own. The redhead was lighting another cigarette. That didn't come as a shock, their reactions.

“What are you three called?” he took the expression on these mongrels’ faces as a good sign. He’s let them take the bait. The hook has sunk. It was time to reel them in.

The lead of the three, impressed and convinced it seems, cleared his throat.

“Noch,” he said in response with a grin. “These two are called Gear and Versail.”


Note: 

Hot Crack* - other translations say it's Hot Clock, but I think both are acceptable.

 

Chapter Text

Yuri: Before we proceed to the last installment of the triplets' side of Cinco, I'm inviting everyone to check out my earlier works on the Trinity Realms Anthology story I recently moved here to AO3. It's one of my originals that I've been working on together with some collaborators so I hope it also gets your support.


Katrice was telling everyone to wash off properly after the service, stating that it was most important to not source disease, the first preventive always needing to come from the Furniture of the House. Cadense had another question altogether however, and waited for them all to line back into the kitchen area for when he could have at least one of the Trinity of the Palace aside.

“Why is he like that? The Pet?”

Katrice was in-charge of them at the moment and could only smile. “If you are referring to his personality, he is simply such an outspoken being.

"But if you are referring to the other matter” the Beta paused this time, meeting the Floor Leader with his equally intent gaze as if in scrutiny before he tucked that emotion away. “He just isn't like other pets.

"Had you not heard of his history? You are a Blondie’s Furniture, you should know, correct? Master Riki was born from Guardian too, and it is a fact that he was a mongrel before he became Neu-Jupiter’s Mated Pair.”


Kantre and Katrice were on cleaning duties while Katron went off to take care of their Masters’ bath details. At about this time, Neu-Jupiter would be preparing for work while the Pet would be prepared for another day of routine learning, his education, as Iason put it, in the wonders that were the System...

Briefly had their guests passed the Triplets’ set of personal suites, which were actually a group of rather large and quite high-ceilinged rooms at the lower floors of the Palace, complete with anything they needed to fulfill their duties as the Furniture of this mighty household.

They had a workshop, tools of the trade, a seemingly endless chamber of materials and treasures, keys and access unheard of to other servants such as the group which accompanied them now, who were of the same title as the triplets were in the Eos Towers yet, in truth, were really just a far cry from the reality that these three lived in.

The latest of technologies, textiles, jewels, among others, which they used to make costumes for when the Masters have need...it was in total a venerable collective that even lower level elites didn't have.

This much to their name. The Palace treated the Trinity beyond extremely well.

They even toured one of the brothers’ personal vaults where the twins showed them the many state attires they had created, everything Master Iason Mink and his Exclusive had worn to many important gatherings as a couple.

“This was the wedding ensemble. It was spun in pure white,” said Katrice to the excited crowd, spreading the fabric of that iconic garb out to show them the finer details. There were other notable attires. The three also curated these very expensive pieces...

These rooms were not for lowly servants with its closets that bore many matching uniforms of opulent designs. These spaces were reserved for little nobles. The Trinity were equally spoilt it seems, and they show their gratitude by doing above excellent work...

It was back to the chores after the brief sojourn into the triplets’ personal quarters. They returned upstairs to review the bots and what they have accomplished.

Kantre was peculiarly severe with this. “Though everything is programmed to be automatic in most areas in the Palace, we still have to take charge with following after,” he’d noticed something off with the covers and tucked a sheet corner that was out of place. “There will always be near-misses.”

The new Furniture notice another thing: “Ah, Mr. Kantre Sir, what is Mr. Katrice doing?”

With a hovering digi-screen, his PVT, and a ton of drones at his disposal, he was scrutinizing wall per wall. He was also taking snaphots of the whole area it looked like as frame upon frame of the sections being inspected were appearing and being saved.

Kantre replied, “Scanning the surroundings for bio threats. We do it on a regular basis here.”

The Palace had such expanded balconies. From the rooms they were helping tidy, they see below that Neu-Jupiter was off to work, as the three excuse themselves for a daily observance of bidding their Blondie Master goodbye.

Riki was being the sort of brat. “You promise to come home early?” His sable wings were nowhere in sight; obviously he'd retracted them already.

Iason kissed him on the forehead. “Yes. So be patient,” he chuckled.

“When have I never?”

More kisses and embracing. A show of affection he'd hated doing before. Now he was very reluctant to let him go. He eventually had to. But only after a long kiss from his lover.

The three bowed with Katron on the lead: “Have a safe day out Master Iason.”

Iason does not acknowledge that. He instead slid on his visor and got in the Aircar, leaving the Palace and the Pet to their care. This was taken as a sign of his faith in them.

Cadense in observance speaks to the newbies, “There is a belief amongst the elite, that the Blondie Master, Neu-Jupiter, never has the need to leave final instructions. His trust is great upon his Furniture that he never reminds them how to run his House.

"When he leaves, he leaves knowing that it and his beloved are in capable hands, fully confident that they will take care of things in his name.

“Such deep confidence...”

They were beckoned to go downstairs after the Transport took off, arriving as Katron was conferring with his Twins.

“Is the space ready?”

“We did set it up earlier,” Katrice confirmed.

The Pet’s brows met. “What is it now?” To which Katron answered plainly much to his disdain, “It is time for your lessons, Master Riki.”

That frown was evident. “That again,” he sighed. “Why do I have to actually do such a thing?”

Everyone knew what pethood entailed. Whenever lessons for pets were mentioned, what comes to mind for the Furniture almost always were sexual acts like masturbation, displays of debauchery, mating and such perverted practices fit for a resident plaything. However, the Palace would prove their expectations wrong.

Perversion here was only reserved for either of two things: one, in the bed chambers of Neu-Jupiter where coupling was prerequisite and a pleasure; and two, to those tasks related to the System and Tanagura of course.

To the other Furniture’s surprise, they found a com link with the pet seat instead.

“Master Riki, this way please...”

Katron led the Exclusive to the interface they had set up on one of the garden tiers, their guests with them observing. The machine was in the midst of so many crawling flower vines whose tangles made this small and shady alcove. It was such a cozy little nook, perfect to calm the mind.

His Nurse inspected the gear, checking if everything was in the proper order. There should be no problem with the link to the System from here.

Meanwhile the Betas were propping the pillows on the pet chair, draping sheets over to make it even more comfortable. They likewise did a sweep around the space, just to make certain that there won't be anything to disturb their Master Riki when he gets into that stupor later.

“Our lessons today will be some of the documented works by the Blondie, Master Raoul Ma,” Katron was informing him.

Riki sat down with a huff. “Why do we have to study him anyway?”

The other Trinity could only smile as Katron was adding, “Because he is the premiere scientific mind of Tanagura and the entire planet -not to mention he spearheads the research on Jupiter’s Lovers.

"You may find interest in his pursuits.”

The Furniture notice the Exclusive sulking. “I hate interfacing. And I hate Raoul,” said the Pet.

Katron only further chuckled, “That is the crux of the matter then? Do not worry. This is just a simple data slate we'll be checking into.”

Here they saw the Exclusive, the machine humming with further signs of life as he turned his attention to it, lying down and getting comfortable in his pet chair. They began to hook him up to the gear, a curious thing taking place when they witnessed what was known as the Interfacing, mainly involving the Pet going into this trance-like state as projected calculations and encrypted data ribbons burst around him. He then slowly fell into a deep sleep as the information began revolving, reflecting their glow all around, being tousled by him in a way unseen by them all.

Katron covered the Exclusive with a light blanket, the gesture very respectful, next checking his PVT to moderate temperatures. Kantre had turned to their observers, “You were expecting something else?”

The newlings were indeed rather surprised. “He studies?” they had whispered amongst themselves.

“He is the Pairing Partner of Neu-Jupiter. It is imperative that he knows the System he domains over,” Katron could only sigh. “Master Riki should take a while to finish this session. It should be enough time to finish the scans.”


There was a load of other chores and everyone was busy, dispatched to every corner of the House to complete them, the fledgling Furniture wondering how on Amoï was it even possible for only a staff of three to manage these tasks when they’re barely even able to do the manual labours themselves. True, there were bots that catered to the repetitive aspects of the Palace, but the Trinity insisted they do a following after in the way that they always have...

So they scrubbed courts, dusted the many antiques scattered around to decorate the area, some of which were taller than any of them, and took care of the various plants and animals. There were also the preparations for lunch, the harvesting from the edible gardens, and then a possible sojourn after the Exclusive finishes his studies. The Pet is known to walk around Midas when he fancied it...

At the end of the scanning procedure, Katrice noticed an anomaly that he immediately showed Katron. They called everyone back to deal with it immediately. An infection, as they revealed the results of, has begun to spread from one end of the House. It was so infinitesimal however that, unless the Trinity pointed, the other Furniture had not really noticed.

Fernand wrinkled his brows. “A Biohazard?”

Kantre retorted, “Worse. It is biowarfare.”

Katrice was on his PVT immediately. “You do not know how many of these attacks are aimed here on a regular basis.”

Katron clapped his hands for attention. “Everyone step back please. We need to eliminate it,” the disposal droids were released from their holds, hovering like a swarm towards one spot. “We eradicate all threats even if it means destroying a section of the Palace.”

This procedure was somewhat over-exaggerated for a threat so miniscule, but the other Furniture who got behind the line supposed that, for the House of the Lord of the Realms, anything that endangered their peace was never to be treated lightly at all. Cadense and his group were told to watch.

To keep from disturbing their Master Riki, Katron shielded half the Palace where the Pet is while the said eradication process took place.

The bots had swarmed completely now and raised their guns at this plateau where the infestation was starting. There was a countdown, then blasts of light were fired. Everyone had to briefly shield their eyes, the heat vaporizing the tier completely, crumbling it to dust that the cleanup droids had flown in to vacuum. It was all instantaneously and efficiently executed.

“Scan Katrice?”

Katrice was already on his PVT doing just that. “0.00% trace. We have done it.”

Katron nodded. “Seal the Palace and run a disinfection routine. If any other areas are affected, send them to disposal. I’ll keep Master Riki under the Shield for now.”

At the press of a button, a domed force field was seen to cover the Pet while he was still interfacing. His little nook was preserved. Which had been the aim.

“Now to clean ourselves.”


The Furniture are all off to shower, their visitors amazed that the House has its own quarantine facilities in the premises, Cadense, Phelipe and Fernand surveying the area, equally impressed.

“This is routine?”

Katron was already stripping with his Betas, preparing to shower, a towel slung over his shoulder.

“Not really. Only when necessary. We self-quarantine often in many instances though,” said the Alpha.

Katron further explained how it is not only their role as the Furniture of the Palace to keep the House of Neu-Jupiter clean, but also to make sure that they themselves were cleaner...

They went into the baths then, a quick soak to clean up with the use of disinfectants and other advanced cleaning cures. After that it was off to dry up in one of the fascilities' lounging dens, their guests noting their castrated selves in the lengthy mirrors there, including that of the Neu-Trinity's forms. The earlier enthusiasm died as everyone fell silent.

Kantre with his usual calm asked the group, “It was not a choice you would have made was it?” Everyone turned to look up at him. He smiled. “Don’t worry. You can be confident that whatever we speak of here will never reach any of our Masters’ ears.”

He was combing his hair casually, airing it out to style later on. The Trinity were the only Furniture who could actually grow their locks to any length. The standards never applied to this House.

Meanwhile everyone waited for Cadense as if what he would say was the representation of all their own opinions.

“You are aware of what happens to us who’ve come from that place. We just suddenly find ourselves in this way and cannot go back,” the Floor Leader said.

Everyone seemed crestfallen. The sad fact they forced themselves to actually deny. They were all from Guardian, the slums, vermin in everyone's eyes. This was strange and unacceptable when they were thrown into it. Heartbreaking when there was not a choice. But was here any better in spite of these...privileges?

Cadense noted the continued silence, and the Trinity likewise with all their cleanliness. They seemed even more, how would you say, superiorly cut than any of them ever was. Had they been thrust into this life as well? How did the Trinity even start?

“How about you three? You are not from Guardian obviously. How did you end up…?”

Katron surprised them with his answer. “It was a choice. To be able to serve fully, we wanted to be born this way,” he said simply.

“Come. We need to prepare the noontime meal.”


The Furniture’s clothes needed to be destroyed. Following procedures, even that was not spared. So now they had to be dressed in the signature gold of the Palace, the triplets needing to make minor adjustments here and there to fit them all into what was appropriate, down to the detail of gloves. Katron surveyed the small army over. They all looked very regal in the uniform of the House...

Well then it was off to prepare the Pet’s meal and the meal for them all present in the space that is. The triplets asked a few to help them in the kitchens, while the Floor Leader and his two right hands wait upon the Exclusive.

Katron’s request when the sleeping Pet was almost done with his interfacing sequence, “Mind watching over him while we prepare everything? He should be awake in five minutes."

The three bow as the Trinity passed them, the other newlings at their heels to help.

As estimated, the Pet awoke at the time indicated, obsidian eyes gently blinking out of sleep.

“Katron?”

To his disappointment, it was Aisha’s Floor Leader and his lackeys that greeted him.

“Good afternoon Master Riki. Mr. Katron had gone to the kitchens.”

Riki realized the time. It was almost lunch wasn’t it? He sat up.

They wanted to help him but Riki dismissed it. He really didn’t like being waited upon most of the time. To the Exclusive who has a background linked to the slums and was always independent, he thought it counter-productive. He settled comfortably on his pet chair.

“So the lesson was Biosystematics and Logical Engineering…” the data ribbons still swam around him as he pulled some virtual slates out of thin air to get to his tests, beginning to ponder the appearing questions.

The three look confused. They’ve never seen a pet so well educated before, and one who knew what he was talking about it looked to be as he submitted one correct answer after another. Riki told them about this process.

“Katron always leaves these about after the lessons for me. It’s practice he says,” he finished in record speed, but was surprised to be greeted by a single mistake which he’d glared at definitely. “Damn it, why must there always be a trick question?”

Cadense smiled. Not your average Pet in all respects.


Most of the day passed by in relative peace, the new Furniture becoming trusted by the Trinity around their Master Riki more and more, as the former found him very fascinating and quite unafraid to speak what was on his mind. About his origins, and about Iason Mink whom he was married to. Their relationship was rather very strong. They caught the Pet calling the top Blondie a few times or, the other way around, the Master checked up on him, their conversations long and very loving.

Come dinner however, there was a slight touch of chaos, Katron arriving to the scene with the group of Furniture worrriedly pacing about, waiting for them to come.

Upon checking, he'd determined easily what the cause of all this agitation was. And chuckled amusedly at what they were panicking over, calming them all down. It was just the Exclusive fixing his Airbike.

This was normal to Katron, “Master Riki, what are you doing?”

“Yo Kat. Hand me the pen laser will you?"

He was down on the marble nearest one of their fountains, just seated on a cushion, getting dirty with his favourite transport after he pulled it out from their garage level. A bird had sat on his head awhile, before the friendly fellow flew away.

His Nurse did so like it was the most natural thing. “I thought Master Iason already said that the company will have a new one sent over in exchange?”

“And ruin a still perfectly good Airbike?” the Exclusive reasoned. “I told Iason he need not spend for something I can fix up myself.” And fix his bike he did. He easily spliced connections here and there, rewiring part the whole thing, before he asked his Nurse. “Rev it up Katron?”

Katron reached in at the request with a hand tucked behind him. He cranked at the grip and revved the machine full, squeezing gently as he did. The beast gave off an absolutely gorgeous purr.

“Hm...that sounds just fine,” Katron remarked after some thought.

“See? I Was correct.

“Want to take it for a spin now?”

Katron would rather not, and made that clear enough. “With all due respect Master, remember what happened the last time?”

Riki chuckled suddenly. "Oh yeah…” he definitely does. “But then, who if not you?” he queried, the exchange quite familiar as it was natural between them.

Kantre just came up to announce that dinner was ready. “Ah! Kantre! Let’s race!” the Exclusive grinned up at the other Trinity, cleaning his hands.

Katron pushed his brother to it all too eagerly. “You go ahead Kantre. Just please make sure he does not get himself injured,” he said.

Kantre did not take a minute to decide. He actually seemed to be very happy riding shotgun for the Pet. They shot off and built speed through the gardens.

Cadense whispered to Katron, “He has such peculiar hobbies.”

To which the Alpha replied with a sigh of relief, “That he does.”


Nightfall. At the borders of Ceres. The three members of Neu-Bison were riding royal class with Katze, their current patron, as he went to make his last major delivery of the evening.

He was meeting up with his client at the apartments of Apathia, but stopping short to turn towards a secret facility built adjacent to it instead. This was among the newest of the labs constructed for the use of the Blondie Raoul Ma.

They were here to meet him in fact...

As Neu-Bison’s top three exited the pod car and whistled to the greetings of such a well-constructed complex, the Underground Broker led them inside one of the waiting chambers with its ample lights. More like a luxury room actually, but very clean and very sterile that, with how they looked at the moment, the three mongrels seemed out of place.

“Why are we fucking here again?” asked Noch.

What the Subarctic Scarface actually told them was that Tanagura's Iason Mink was going to need them to be his Generals. He didn’t tell them the fine print of the contract they were about to get themselves into.

“You had made sure your territories are all well guarded in Ceres have you not?” asked Katze again, the same question, four times now as if that was of the most importance.

“You keep repeating that as if it’s relevant,” said Gear when he noticed.

Versail was beginning to doubt as well. Something felt off. “Why is our domain in the slums that interesting to you anyway?”

Katze wasn’t about to say it, but the many ruthless residents of Ceres were going to play a vital role as these three would also take their part; he was just safeguarding the resources these three already built up.

“It is all in accordance to the plans of Neu-Jupiter,” the redhead retorted without a trace of emotion on his face. There was no stopping this now as he stepped aside.

When Katze did this, the door suddenly opened to reveal Raoul Ma, Biochemist to Tanagura, from the wall just behind him.

And the Blondie was not alone...

Chapter 78

Summary:

Slow-burning Gideon. A perturbed Raoul. And a Pet that's come home too soon.

Notes:

This is the start of my turning point chapters. Many more changes will soon engulf Tanagura and our dearest Jupiter Couple right after this.

Chapter Text

It was the week following, after Riki had gone vacationing to Cerberus, briefly leaving Amoï and its worries behind...

That day, the Council had come in their full regalia to see him off. It was them that insisted he take a private starship, not to mention the fully weaponized armada that was to accompany it. A little too much for security that was supposed to have been kept simple. Really. But Tanagura has its ways and its standards were often leaned towards the megalomaniac scale.

Especially in the matters concerning the protection of its own, someone like Riki specifically, among other examples, was for the Capital a shining gem in need of strict guarding, taking into account how this was the first time he won’t be by his Master’s side since he's awakened. His first trip far alone. He’ll not be back until the next lunar rise, the anguish and longing this creates unbearable!

Although he was not going to argue. Iason wouldn't want that. He wanted Riki to have some quality time to himself.

That day, Neu-Jupiter held his Exclusive tightly in his arms. He made love to him the night prior quite passionately. Then the day he sent him away, he’d kissed him deeply.

“I long to see you once more. Return to me safely, my Pet,” the top Blondie likewise kissed his hands as if stamping his affections there, as he had done in many places on his beloved’s body hours earlier.

“You should have just come with me,” said Riki. But he knew the other could not. He was busy with the planet. When they had gotten married, Iason too had married his role officially.

“I promised you this and it has been a while. I'd rather you indulge the liberty...”

The top Blondie thread their fingers lovingly together and pressed their foreheads close. Then he gave him more kisses in his bid goodbye.


They watched the shuttle leave the docking bay and waited until it reached the Jump Gate. There was a tense moment when intrusive thoughts were high and to the imagination, it seemed as if things were going to go completely wrong. Until that blink of pulsating light that swallowed the spacecraft and it was gone out of sight. Then a returned message, relayed from the control tower, stated that the flight and its entourage was en route successfully. And there was a collective breath of relief.

Once it was confirmed that the crossing was all good, the great Iason Mink turned a heel. He and the Council of Blondies stepped off the private launch platform where they observed the leave and headed towards their waiting transports, this impressive parade that the onlookers flocked to see, the crowd needing to be cordoned by the guards who needed to clear the way for them to pass. Those arriving and likewise scheduled for their own extraterrestrial trips pausing as the Blondies passed with their gallant air of nonchalance.

These Elite of Elites made headlines again. But for all that the world understood, these beauteous heralds had only been at the port to send off some dignitary. No one knew that Riki had already left Amoï that very day.

The upside to not being in the public’s eye for once: the citizens believed the Pet to still be at his Palace in the second Eos Tower. Might as well. He can arrive unwaited for and unannounced at Cerberus where his Master guaranteed an even lesser presence of a crowd to pester him. He will have the resort all to himself. That at least puts other prior concerns at ease...

The next days following the Exclusive’s departure, Neu-Jupiter and his Council wasted no time in going all out when it came to their impending projects, pushing the planet and its many technological as well as virtual infrastructures into newer heights in a fortnight.

Tanagura was furthering its improvements, trade and business thrice abloom in its progress that everything seemed to have been renewed, thriving. Like an echoing gong resounding in reach throughout all the vastness of the cosmos wherever the Council had influence.

But of course besides the obvious, there were those clandestine undertakings also evolving in the background. The many unrecorded endeavours that were trusted to the hands of the very few. This included the super army Neu-Jupiter had requested of Raoul.

However it had become apparent how he has been encountering a problem with regard to the ‘taming’ of the mongrels sent to him by Katze, under Iason’s orders of course. He is having a particularly hard time with its leader - Noch was his name. He was proving to be every bit as defiant as Riki had been under pethood...

That one afternoon, Iason was visiting the secret facility at Keeler, his best friend and confidant, Raoul, astride beside him through the clean underground halls of the Labs.

They were here to check up on the latest pet breeds that would go on auction under the Academy’s name by month's end. Not only that, but they were here to likewise see how their mongrels were doing; to see if they had already succumbed to the procedures that their bodies were being subjected to.

Unfortunately, this was the problem...

The deal was that Noch and his underlings were not at all willing to exchange their so-called humanity for the enhancements entailed with the proposal the Blondies had extended through Katze. Enhancements which were necessary for the super army to work, even though they swore that they would more or less worship Riki’s feet if asked of it.

Such an irony that was giving the Biochemist quite the challenge, not to mention, quite the headache, thus, for now, they were stuck at a standstill, barely done even with phase one of the entire task.

Neu-Jupiter found it amusing. Much to Raoul Ma’s annoyance that even his face contorted with a certain amount of...saltiness.

“Are you losing your touch, my Friend?” quizzed the top Blondie with a small smile, his steps slow as they assessed the pets that would be the centrepieces of the Academy's bidding run this season. They were still encased and asleep in glass, their information as well as vitals flashed via virtual screens before the Blondies' eyes.

“It pleases me that you are oh so entertained by the idea of my suffering, my Lord," slight sarcasm in the answers Raoul had, stopping to draw one of the data slates close to look at some details before sending the information to his personal archives. He'll recheck that later...

It was quite easy to tell how pissed the other Blondie was on the subject of the mongrels they have in custody, as he glared at the door earlier where inside was that rebel named Noch. He was now tagged as Subject 001 of the entire project. Raoul had separated him from the other two. He figured that if he got him to surrender to the procedures, the others will just follow. But yes he was the epitome of stubborn.

“Calm down Raoul. I do not believe you have already ran out of ideas to get the message across?”

The other Blondie turned to look at Neu-Jupiter’s face. Actually, he does have many, including mind-wiping and the placement of certain intrusive cerebral controls. But then that will affect the outcome. They actually chose these mongrels for their uncommon smarts and peculiar creativity in battle as the new and improved Bison. If he used those irreversible alterations, it would mean changing them entirely. The least this project needs is another set of drones. They already have plenty of that in their arsenal.

The Biochemist strayed away then from doing something as severe. They needed to preserve the mongrels' Wills and Individualities, though he knew he had to bend it to his own liking somehow.

He had listed other ways, including something that was not as popular to his tastes. It involved a very familiar technique that he was not so sure of, somewhat thinking it will only do well in the hands of the top Blondie.

Raoul sighed. “I do have ideas, contrary to the visible,” he said. “But then I think it unsuitable for execution by someone as I.”

Iason Mink narrowed his eyes, before he understood the hint. Was he planning to turn these mongrels in the same way that he had turned his Riki once?

But Neu-Jupiter fails to see the issue? Did he not make it clear that his best friend, under his rule, may do as he sees fit to get this project accomplished? As long as it complies to his Will that is.

“I do not believe that I only reserved such a method for myself? Are you loathe to try and experience it for yourself?” he challenged the Biochemist.

Him trying out the thing he had in mind was not the problem in actuality. Raoul just could not see himself doing it. Training a mongrel to become docile on command as if he was a hybrid - he was not aiming to make another pet here but a weapon for war. The latter was what they needed.

But as he turned to look at Iason yet again, there seemed to be no compunction. Neu-Jupiter’s expression says it all as they moved to the next tank of specimens. He wanted this done, and soon.


Raoul hated it when his supremacy in his own Laboratories were being questioned. Neither did he find defiance pleasing. And to have had the other be the cause of the former, that angered him to his core, worse than those puritans criticizing his craft since the very beginning, and those petty demonstrators demanding him to stop playing the hand of God.

He admits to being severely affected. Though it had all started with a private jest among them Blondies at the Council Meeting earlier. Damned Gideon and his humour. How dare he insinuate that the Biochemist was missing his marks regarding their newest of experiments?

‘When exactly had I ever failed?’ Raoul seethed throughout the discussion that Iason had to interfere. Not a very graceful moment. He had gotten rather prone at having these sorts of episodes eversince the discovery of the Jupiter Lovers.

“Prepare Subject 001,” Raoul upon arrival ordered immediately as he entered his lab, heading deftly to the vaults connected to his personal office in the lower levels. Past corridors, rooms then halls of large containment jars and tanks swimming of creatures and other materials, to retrieve something.

It should prove important in the next coming days, and the sooner he gets this underway, the better. He had been pushed against the wall after all, having been given no other choice but to put that horrific idea into play. The one he swore and believed that he would not ever do.

But was it really that he has run out of options? No. In reality, it was just playing to his scientific ego, this ruthless need to drive in a point and soon. And also because he was losing all patience, the last straw snapped during their interesting exchange in Council earlier. Perhaps this will enable him to fast track this vexing task? With this he might achieve the results he’s yearned for so greedily...

"LET GO OF ME!"

When he returned to the main floor of his lab, he was met by Noch’s struggles, the Biochemist’s assistants trying to strap him in. Evidently, the mongrel was fighting them all every part of it. Enough that Raoul, having had enough finally, made a hasty approach and suddenly just slapped the other hard across the face without thinking.

He used the mongrel’s disorientation and easily trapped him against the sterile table by his wrists and ankles, annoyed that he had to do it all himself. The move stunned those present, and seeing the Blondie snap was definitely a fright.

He screamed at those present: “Secure him further! And strip him! I need him naked-”

As they tightened Noch’s trappings and cut off his clothes, the Biochemist irritably set a box onto another table, flipping the lid open and taking something out from inside of it. A ring. One of two with a clear gem set into its band. He slipped this on.

“To have let myself consider this option of all things. You truly are such an antagonizing mongrel,” said Raoul. "Leave us."

Noch was still groggy from the blow. A Blondie’s strength is not to be trifled with and he’s clearly underestimated it. As he lay there gasping, his world still spinning, he’d briefly felt the touch of gloves against his skin when all the others’ hold had slipped and vanished. The said touch trailed his thighs, spreading his legs open. What was happening?

It was becoming warm between his legs. Up until the coldness of something encircled the base of his very manhood. Was it metallic?

He did not know for sure, needing to shake his head and focus. But this sting soon occupied his awareness that he hissed. A heat spread in the place where this constriction gripped him, making him cuss and flinch.

His eyes shot wide open as he wailed, struggling against those bonds. He stared at the area where this burn seemed to originate and found himself locked by his cock. A penis ring?! At the foot of this cold bed, there stood he, the damned Blondie.

“Wha-what the fuck-” the mongrel fell back as the pain increased. It was unbearable, making his toes curl and his fingers rake. He moaned, tossing his head. "Sto- stop this!"

“Some discipline is in order. This is the safest without damaging you.

“I just would not guarantee that it would be pleasant, that is…”

Finally, after a while that he’d gone without it, Raoul had a smile of triumph on his face. Seeing this mongrel writhe at the gruesome punishment of a D-Type was a sign that he was on the right path perhaps, his blue eyes beholding the Master’s Ring around his finger and the control it gave him. It still might take a while. It’s fine; he has all the time.

Actually, he’s kind of wanting to relish in the infliction of this torment a little longer at the other’s expense.


The Council meeting regarding Kryon had concluded on several notes of action, however Gideon was reminiscing something else completely different while he was there and present. A thought he entertained as, noting Iason’s particularly tame demeanor this last week, despite knowing the top Blondie to miss Riki much by now, he also remembered his own fondness...

That chance encounter at Midas the first time had actually made several repeats. Or rather, via the Overlord of the Pleasure City’s own insistence and orchestration, were made to repeat. He was careful to make it seem like accidents, the last time he and Riki meeting each other before that trip to Cerberus was at that upstart Private Luxury Bar, Cameo, near the Casinos, a view of the Eos Towers, their homes, visible via its seamless glass walls.

The Pet had been there with his Nurse, Katron, who was not as surprised as his Master to see Gideon Lagat.

“You make me anticipate bumping into you when I’m in Midas,” laughed the Exclusive.

The Furniture raised a brow slightly but just as quickly tucked this suspicious thought away. Not the time for such, yet. Even as he did catch the Blondie Master tuck into his person what looked to be a personal digi-terminal, perhaps using that to keep tabs of them every instance that they were in Midas? He can’t accuse him due just that however.

“It is safe,” said Katron, having used his Karinese senses to sniff out the possibility of poison or other in the Pet’s ordered drink, next standing aside with his gloved hands clasped behind him.

“May I?” Gideon gestured at the seat beside Riki; Riki shrugging at that: “It’s your city.”

After that, was the usual time spent together. The Blondie was admittedly getting used to this form of closeness, a sort of actual friendship he’s making with his Brother’s Exclusive, a liaison if it can be called that which often happened a distance from the watch and domain of Tanagura.

Not that he had not been receiving a telling-to from Aisha and Orphe. They always warn him of the dangers. Gideon just has not really listened as well as he should be. But had he ever thought a feat like Iason’s Fall can be repeated? The other Blondies had this foreboding that he seemed to have not seen. The Jupiter of Old only intended its favours to be unto his top elect. The Charismatic Noble was not part of it.

Still, here he was, hopeless, going through footage upon footage of someone that already belongs to someone else. How beautiful Riki looked, dressed like he did on every affair he’s been in attendance. Radiant the most during that Coupling and Marriage. Starkly dark and in contrast always beside his now-husband.

Why does he only smile so warmly at the top Blondie and no one else? For even in their small rendezvous, Riki’s gaze was never the same wasn’t it? It always held something more special when it was for Iason Mink. It should be even more different in bed when all inhibitions were taken away, where Riki was clinging in and whispering his Master’s name over and over like the very prayers of his soul.

To be Neu-Jupiter was to know this intimacy certainly.

And in the privacy of his own home, in an unusual anomaly that had invaded his sleep, Gideon Lagat dreamed a yearning so scandalous that it would know the Capital Punishment if it were ever revealed or found out.

But why? Why did something this forbidden feel utterly good? He knew he was spiraling towards a tragedy. Why does he still persist?

He only ever utters one name as of late and it felt as sinful as it was dangerous, yet...he just could not stop himself.

“Riki…”


“It’s still a few hours to Tanagura Master Riki. We still have the Ocean to cross over after the Gate.

“Would you like me to call Master Iason now?”

Katron was serving what should be breakfast while they were in this starship, a large civilian fleet complete with its own casino, recreational areas, and basically every luxury that's more or less needed for a most comfortable interstellar cruise. This shuttle traverses many tourist destinations in outer space, the last of which is the rich city of Tanagura where the Pet and his personal Furniture would disembark.

In a spur of the moment turn of events, the Exclusive decided to leave their hotel earlier than the date he was expected to, sneaking past the guards and their private transporters to take the more commercialized route back home.

No one knew about this. Of the Pet and his Nurse boarding this ship instead of the one arranged for them bound for the mother planet. The one that should leave Cerberus with him in the next few days.

No longer. As the Pet sought to return earlier than what was anticipated, Riki making the request to leave the pleasure resort of Cerberus and head home in secret instead. Though this action should not be misunderstood. He did enjoy himself there. He actually had a good time discovering the new pastimes offered by Tanagura’s latest expansion. This sudden return however was due to a reason that was entirely different.

He was rather just missing his Man, and they should know how terrible it’s been to be utterly lovesick in his case. He felt like he was pining away. He wanted to be trapped in those arms.

Riki shook his head, “No. I want to surprise him. Maybe jump him at his office?”

He was in a particularly great mood and laughing at the thought of some mischief upon arrival, his Nurse can tell. His charge was thinking entirely about sex, having starved for that in Cerberus.

Katron just smiled.

“I have a feeling Tanagura will either cease all activity or Master Iason will have a sudden heart attack of some sort,” the Furniture mused right in, casually conversing with his Master. “The Council on the other hand might throw a fit.”

Riki laughed more. He looked at the food before him and felt like eating a hearty meal, was in a pleasantly blithe appetite in fact. He was more than excited to be back.

Meanwhile the shuttle crew announced that they were approaching a Jump Gate. Thirty minutes through that to the Garan Star System then another jump and an hour's drift to reach home.

The Exclusive could not hardly wait. Iason. How he wanted to see him again...

Chapter Text

ANNOUNCEMENTS:

Okay. So someone has already began to translate my Cinco Storia into Spanish. So if you guys want to read it in that language, or have friends who want to read it in that language, angelsil99 has done us the service of translating my updated chapters. You can find the work here

I don't know why, but this makes me happy. ^-^


The attendance had been mandatory, but Raoul was not there surprisingly. He did patch in via his Labs' own secure communications' network earlier to report on certain matters pertaining to his scientific work and sent copies of the progress details out. As far as his very presence, however, the Biochemist had not even considered leaving his office despite being summoned by his brethren, urged to make haste. As a matter of fact, he'd excused himself for the rest of the day, stating that he would not wish to be disrupted, informing Iason Mink directly that he was making progress with his share of the projects that he just couldn't leave it be at such a critical stage.

"His engagement with that mongrel has taken up his time. Are we not sensing a pattern?" said Gideon, his usually blithe maliciousness not helping but to jest about the matter. Much like a lot of things, he was amusing himself with this at the price of their absent brother. Some of the other Blondies were as well, at his instigation.

Neu-Jupiter could only smile. So Raoul's finally considered their former discussions; or was it more that his good friend's patience had reached its very limits and simply ran out? He expected him to hold out some more with his treatment of their very feral candidate from Ceres.

Although it was no waste. This outcome was likewise among those feasible that they both agreed upon. He did say to 'try everything', yet still he didn't foresee it to happen this soon.

"Raoul should be perfect for the task, but should we perhaps anticipate him to develop similar symptoms as you did, Iason?" Orpheus chuckled; are his brethren not in the mood for gossip today, once more prying him with this nonsense?

"In my experience," Iason went along with their folly. "Becoming intrigued by a mongrel was not a malady in need of any remedy."

"Of course. Look at what you reaped out of that rebellion which you sowed," said Marcus Jayd. "We have long accepted that this possibility is likewise probable of any of us -of any elite for that matter.

"It just merits further indagation."

Thee top Blondie did tell him that mongrels had that effect. The great emperor Iason Mink shared Jupiter of Old's sentiments even. That elites who are pushed to mix with those from the Slums would only know change and challenge, ones that will pull apart their high egos and test their resolve. There might be a chance Raoul will likewise reach a certain epiphany soon enough.

At least Noch was a fine specimen. Not as beautiful as his Riki, but still among the more beautiful of his kind. And fierce and feisty of spirit that it should pique at his good friend's colder blood.

"I wouldn't recommend its experimentation though," Aisha, in his usual glacial tone, tossed over into the Council's debate.

He was still among those not entirely convinced, remaining in support of the olden ways. Although he no longer opposed Riki and considered him an exception, he remained believing that, spare of Neu-Jupiter, other elites must remain pure of purpose.

Blondies should be Blondies. As pets should be pets.

Yet he knew there was that one possibility, and it pains him to dwell on it. What if Raoul gets caught up in something troublesome? The Biochemist was already investing too much time on that mongrel even as they speak!

If that happened, the resolve of the Council shall once more be put through the fire and, frankly, Aisha does not see how they would survive it.


There was an eerie stillness in almost all areas of the Labs, though in one of its special cells there were the occasional sounds of moaning. Deep, heavy pants every so often breaking the silence alongside whines of pure agony, its appearing to be lone occupant still unaccustomed to so much pain even if it had already been hours since he was subjected to this torture.

He bit down on his gag rather hard, drool seeping out of it, twisting in his bonds as he was kept in that position, legs apart, wrists linked via a long chain to the cold table he was anchored to. He was immobilized by the way his senses had been pushed to feel the strain solely centred upon his groin, all the doing of that wretched jewelry that damned Blondie forced on him.

He couldn’t even rub his thighs together as friction only added to the burden. It made him all the more erect. All the more wanting to cum. But once his body attempts to in any way, it simply stops where the cock ring had control over. He’d convulse to no seeming end, only for the process to repeat like some endless and quite ruthless cycle. He was admittedly getting worn out.

All this time, he was being watched over. That Blondie, Raoul Ma, was but close by, taking note of all that is occurring, his steel gaze not evincing even one shred of sympathy. His being must not have any. To Noch, the mongrel he was training, he showed himself to be incapable of mercy.

"Are we finally becoming tired? Your whining is significantly lower," the Biochemist spoke, placing that digital slate he had in hand down, walking over to examine his current project.

Subject 001 had struggled a little less than he had earlier. He appeared exhausted, his ragged breathing emphasized by the steady rise and fall of his chest, sweat sliding over the paleness of his skin. Skin that had been cut through by the binds at the wrists and ankles, Raoul inspected. A good thing this mongrel was no pet to be sent for sale later on. The Blondie could choose to be rough on him as much as necessary.

"You still have not fainted. I must commend your endurance," that hand had slid down Noch's arm from where it was checking those wrists, looking for other places to exploit in the process of breaking this mongrel.

Sensitivity. He knew these things well enough raising the many breeds of playthings they supply to other planets. He has also seen Iason attacking with a certain gusto all of Riki's pleasure endings every time they mate that he was well-versed with the where's and how's on the practical level. Not to mention there was the Sexaroid functions typical of all elites, some of which he can fully put into use, intending on doing everything that was possible in this instance. Until this mongrel succumbs to his will.

"Submit to my intentions and the pain will cease. Otherwise…" it took a simple pinch of a nipple to have his captive arching, craning his neck back. He gave off such a helpless groan and, whenever Raoul tugged at the bud, he'd stutter and moan as well.

It seems this body knows pleasure, but this might be the first time that perhaps it's been pushed like so.

Unsurprising from someone raised in the Slums of Ceres. But he was stubborn. Even if he was already melting so much from this exercise, he was not about to give the Blondie what he wanted.

"Screw...you…" Noch took the effort to spit back when he was freed of the gag, much to Raoul's immediate annoyance.

Definitely a piece of work, this mongrel.

"I see," said the Biochemist and he grabbed straight for the other's crotch. Noch gasped as he felt the tight squeeze, and once more renewed his struggles.

"S-stop! Hurts…" he has definitely become sensitive to even the smallest touch, his face evincing that strong expression of longing, for release, for that long-withheld relief. "I can't...hnngg..."

Raoul chose to be merciless, beginning to stroke his captive's cock now in a pattern he knew the other would further plummet into. He wanted to see who has the last word on the matter. But they both knew that it would be he, exerting full dominance over the mongrel, not about to let go of his control.

"Stop? But your body craves it."

"BASTARD!"

His cursing however died down the more his penis got pumped. He was weakening, sweating profusely that he felt dehydration setting in. How much longer does he have to suffer this way!?

"It hurts...so much…"

Noch clenched his fists and bit his lip, casting his head aside. He looked so pitiable, panting like an animal in heat.

Raoul pushed it. He could sense that the other was close to surrendering.

"I should throw you into a room of starved sex bots. Let them have their way with you. But we'll keep this on," the Blondie paused his stroking and rubbed a thumb at the D-type, resuming once he knew the mongrel got the point. "I want to test your frustrations; see how far your sanity can run."

Noch cried out. He felt a shiver run down his spine, an indication of another climax but that was quickly stifled. It ended by the grip that was the Blondie's and the Pet Ring alike.

"A-aah n-no…"

It was completely relentless, this heat that stayed upon his loins, an undying fever on his body that cycled without bounds. He wanted to be free from it, and wept at the state he'd been pushed into. He pleaded with much shame.

Raoul could taste his victory meanwhile. It should be just a matter of time. Although from the very depths of his being something was being entirely inspired. Admittedly, he was still rather enjoying this torment of the other's delectable body, enough that he'd considered to maybe wait a little longer? Make him writhe a bit more?

"Do you wish me to stop? Are you ready to give up?"

As if he would let the mongrel go if he indeed surrendered at this point.


Re-entry into the atmosphere of Amoï had been tumultuous on account of some storm due West of the continent, but was thankfully unfelt within the cruise transport that Katron had little to worry about. Riki, his charge, had fallen asleep in one of the pod beds in the lounge area. The Furniture had not left his side since, pulling a chair to the left as he swiveled the pod to face the rather enormous windows instead of the interior below. There had been instances that some rich patron of Neu-Jupiter had recognized the Exclusive's face and approached. The caretaker would rather they not. It was a disturbance he was certain his Master would not approve.

It was but an hour more to docking, the high end carrier dropping to a gentle hover a few kilometres atop the waters of Ocean as it likewise dropped to a more leisurely pace in its travel. The final leg. A scenic offering as the staff announced, imploring their guests to take in the view before they reached the Aeroport.

This was good. His Master had been especially excited that he has not slept a wink since their interstellar journey home. Some few minutes of slumber should freshen him up for that meeting with his other Master, Iason Mink. It should be a most joyous reunion certainly and perhaps would include a festive little after-party? Depending on how the wind blew, Katron smiled to himself.

"What is that?"

Katron had just reached in to once more tuck the blanket over the Exclusive, checking to make sure that his ear pieces were still in place, playing the songs of that list the Alpha of Neu-Jupiter's Furniture knew to be among Riki's choicest of favourites. But as he was to return to his own seat and that chapter of the book he was reading, the other passengers had flocked towards the windows en masse in a seeming exodus of curiosity. Even the other sleepers sat up in their seat pods at the commotion.

"What is that?" Many repeated.

'What is what?' asked Katron to himself as he turned to look the same way.

Only then did he understand. Far off, at the gloomy horizon were the storm clouds likewise gathered, were traces of man-made explosions. It was actually rivaling the very thunder there rising, the threatening torrential rains.

"What the…"

Katron himself drew to a stand, moving to the windows this time for a much more closer look. It seemed like some manner of testing was happening on over there, disturbing the surface of the Ocean as multiple types of what seemed to be bombs were being dropped into the waters below, making certain quakes that though unfelt from where their ship is, were still visibly disrupting the surface of these waters. Depth charges? Was this the Capital's by any chance?

No.

What floated over the destruction was some other fortress, Katron realized, not like those found in Tanagura yet was something he had seen within the quandaries of home before.

It was a note in the records. It was in the news. This was Kryon's fortress was it not? That rogue city state competing with others of its sort and, in a way, Tanagura's own might, undoubtedly questioning it. But why were they doing this?

"I better wake Master Riki…" not a matter to be dealt with for now. The Furniture had to ready for disembarking. They were some twenty minutes close to the Aeroport in his estimates. He could sense land as it drew near and nearer him. Well, it wasn't exactly the land, but the feel of the people on it.

Empathy was among the Trinity's stronger skills after all, next to another that allows him and his twins to know possible perils from the surroundings. They could sense it in the air, taste it in the atmosphere.

Yet he could not have prepared fast enough for this.

Just as he had turned to head up to their suite, calling forth the bots to watch over his charge briefly while Riki was rousing, that was when it happened -a tragedy Tanagura would not have expected!

Katron's sense of danger had suddenly been triggered, his eyes changing colour as he blinked, turning in time to see this glaring pulse of light coming from the Kryon fortress beyond.

Something that appeared to be the source as next, to the horror of those on board the luxury line, a beam erupted from that singular pulse and blasted straight towards where they were!

...at full strength, it hit the civilian transport head on, slicing it at one side through!

Chapter Text

The Evacuation Beacons were lit, Riki waking up in such disorientation that for a second he didn't know where he was, having been quickly dragged by Katron off the pod bed and onto the safety of a corner, the Furniture likewise cushioning him from the inevitable fall. The Exclusive had to wrestle with his scattering mentality, rousing himself from the stupor not that he'd caught sight of a fire and the pangs of certain panic emanating from around him, feeling a trembling that raced down the form of the whole transport. It made the vessel shake. They held on as things were beginning to slide one side, interior furnishings toppling over, objects displaced, chandeliers creaking in a swing as glass and other breakables shattered.

What on Amoï -why was the ship going down!?

"What the hell! Katron!?" as he staggered, shaking the grogginess of slumber out of his system.

"I honestly do not know what's happening, Master. But I think Kryon has opened fire on us."

"What!?"

Katron helped him to his feet, but there was another heavy shudder and the ship wobbled further, causing everyone to grab tight once more due the imbalance, the entire ship tethering dangerously to the right as announcements ensued, instructing everyone to the nearest set of Escape Pods as a harsh red glare filled the interior following persistent hazard alarms. Bots were automatically dispatched to deal with the roaring blaze that had consumed one portion of the ship already. This pushed people to bottleneck the exit passages. There was wind being sucked in from a gaping hole somewhere and it was fanning the flames, not to mention drawing in the dark clouds of smoke that's beginning to suffocate the space. A visible dread rising louder now as cries of horror and screams of anger could be heard. A concoction of stress. The staff were beginning to be overcome and were themselves lost.

"Master, it's not safe here," the Furniture's eyes had turned Karinese long before all the uproar began, as he presently sought a way out other than where people had immediately and instinctively congested.

Riki has regained equilibrium enough to do the same, pointing towards a service hallway that his senses had picked out from all this ruction. "How about there Kat?" He's explored the path before, as he often did with new areas unfamiliar to him. Thankfully he could be so curious. He knew where that smaller walkway led. Away from the major thoroughfares of the vessel undoubtedly.

"It would take us around a bit," Katron worried.

Riki could only frown. "Beats the rushing crowd," the Exclusive had this serious look on his face, determined not to lose his cool as much as everyone else was doing, running around like beasts with their heads hanging.

Actually, he was thinking clearly. To Riki, this was by any length, not a dire situation just yet. Even if the way took them around a bit, he could fly right? Katron had his morph that afforded him speed, and they would manage well enough for them both to be able to get out. Actually, he'd even try the windows and was going to suggest it, but the fire and smoke seemed to concentrate there, blocking that exit option. Well this was their next safest bet out then.

Riki's level-headedness was a mongrel's trait that despite the rush around them still allowed for some common sense to rule over the situation. It was a trait Katron admittedly appreciates. Why wouldn't he when it would save both their lives?

Although he'd still be equally relieved even if only his charge was safe, regardless if he made it or not. He won't tell him that though. Knowing the Pet, he'd be mad at Katron for even entertaining the idea...

The Furniture nodded in agreement. "You're right Master. We should be able to make it out of here faster through there," he said as the transport again trembled, creaking dangerously, this time, followed by what sounded like something falling and crashing to the Ocean below, the waters swallowing whatever that was up.

The chandeliers above them had suddenly fallen loose and crashed with that next, Katron pulling Riki aside again, further against the wall as the debris came crashing, scattering the other passengers like aimless ants.

This is not good.

The fact that the ship is still hopelessly adrift and levitating is a surprise in itself.

No time to hesitate.

The two of them, Master and Furniture, sped out of the venue via the opposite way everyone else was going. They were not about to wait for all hell to break loose even further before doing anything.


Back at the Capital.

Raoul had perhaps taken his play at domination a little too far, pushing the mongrel he has captive to the brink of pain and pleasure unheard of before, having easily denied him his release despite the latter already agreeing to his terms and would undergo whatever procedure he wanted.

Who knew what had snapped in him, but clearly even the Blondie himself knew how he must be at a point of insanity by now, ignoring things as he did and dragging this on for as much as he originally intended.

Proof was that he had now taken Noch out of the labs and into a private room he kept at his offices, by a leash like he would a pet, bound and fighting him every step of the way, refusing to follow his demands, yet was quickly overcome by pressure.

For what was the strength of mere slum trash to a Tanaguran Blondie?

Despite Noch's struggles and complaints, his fight partially returning, he had no other choice but to comply, staggering to his feet and taking one painful step after another down these seemingly endless corridors, forced by the Biochemist who had also refused to let him cum, that D-Type still snug around his aching member, and worse, accompanied by a standard plug into his anus that jabbed at his insides the more he moved.

"A-aah! P-Please…!" as, again, the naked mongrel collapsed, scraping his knees, but with Raoul unmovingly yanking him to his feet, pushing him to walk on, he was left no other choice but to oblige.

More steps, each as excruciating as the next, the destination appearing far too out of reach, only to end in the chamber Raoul kept here for himself after a seeming eternity.

The Blondie shoved him into the light as the doors slid smoothly open, to tumble straight into the bed; as to how he even managed getting there when he had to cross that much length of sterile floor, Noch did not really paid attention anymore. He just found himself plummeting into the softness of the bed, his entire body instantly convulsing to cum but the Pet Ring's hold had proved effective. The leader of Neu-Bison whimpered. He was clearly at his wits' end, biting down at the closest thing he could find as he shuddered again into nothing.

And that Biochemist, what had he been doing?

Despite the haze, Noch swallowing a dry lump in his throat that refused to go away, Raoul just stood there at the foot of the bed. Then, without much preamble, just as harshly flipped his captive unto his back, spreading those legs to get the better view and access.

The mongrel whined and protested, but could do no other act. How can he when all those fruitless ejaculations yielded not to his favour and has drained his strength admittedly? He slumped against the surface of the bed, feeling his consciousness slip, groaning into his suffering.

Raoul refused that.

Noch suddenly thrashed, but briefly, as he was pumped steadily, cruelly once more, making him toss a head back far enough that even his shoulder muscles screamed, the mongrel resorting to shaking his head for some leniency yet Raoul was not evincing the slightest care. 

Damnit, this devil!

In fact, he had fallen into a strange state, without any words now as he stared down at the mongrel, his taunts earlier replaced with an eerie silence and this manner of intense concentration as, expertly, he sought to attack every known spot of weakness upon the body completely under his control.

Being the creator of Pets, and a Blondie of the highest Class of the System, he certainly knows plenty on the subject of where it should make the other ache even more. And he wanted to see all his reactions.

Noch just had to bear with it until the Master was entirely satisfied.


Meanwhile, the officials of Tanagura's Aeroport had only received the distress signal sent from the already doomed luxury transport, and had scrambled to dispatch some much needed help. If only they knew how terrible a state it was now in.

If only Iason knew that his beloved was going to be in danger from a threat obvious from Kryon, but evidently had not expected to act this way, and not so soon...


The Evacuation had been done in haste, but despite the transport crew's best efforts to secure everyone, only some of the Pods had been filled and detached, a number of the escape hatches damaged during the initial blast and deemed unusable. As was their means of communication, among other necessary equipment. The true casualties unassessed as the foundations of the ship shattered piece by piece, part by part. The fire caused by the attack was by now beyond help as it ate through the interior, things exploding left, right and centre within the luxury vessel's holds.

Thankfully, their dock has already received the ship's distress signal before most of its configurations, mainframes and circuitry had shut down. Majority of the passengers had high hopes that they would be saved following the positive announcement, but unbeknownst would be not, really, especially since the disparity between statuses had split even this exodus in two. Even with an emergency, the rift was magnified.

A number of VIPs were promptly escorted to safety, while the lower class were second priority. Their only chance would be the incoming aid from Midas, but what they did not know was that the dispatched saviours were still far off.

This ship hovered Ocean here, as its itinerary stated, to take advantage of the scenery and take its time. Time which, right at this moment, everyone aboard was running out of.

Riki and Katron were correct to take an alternate route. As they left the lounge, the blaze had began licking into the space from wall to floor and ceiling, deforming it, minor yet hazardous explosions occurring, causing the whole ship to quake just as violently as it's done once more. But while they were running through the corridors, the Pet leading Katron despite having difficulty maneuvering through the inclined spaces and passages himself, unable to take flight, one of the luxury line's senior staff in charge of the VVIPs on board had finally caught up with them.

Disheveled look and exhaustion aside, the man was relieved to have found them at that place and alive. They had only discovered the Exclusive was on board. Imagine what Tanagura would say or do - for them to have put Neu-Jupiter's Pet in mortal peril! They should have secured him sooner!

"Master Riki Mink, please, allow me to help you get to safety!"


A very important congress had just adjourned on the ninth hour, the top Blondie and his golden court walking down from their higher office, only to be greeted by the news of the luxury airship burning somewhere a far-off, the coordinates pointing to an area on the Ocean that was not entirely given importance out of all their jurisdictions, no matter if it was part of the territory. A Platina had approached them with the details, in apparent distress, but managed to state all the information they have so far, thankfully.

Orphe Zavi and Gideon Lagat, the overlords of both Midas and Eos respectively, immediately checked if the necessary actions have been taken since Raoul Ma was not present, mindful to have someone send him word in case he has not been informed just yet. Which was doubtful but it paid to be certain.

Tragedies of magnitude were uncommon on the planet but they were equipped certainly to handle any such occurrences? The pinnacle of Science and discoveries that was Tanagura took everything into account in terms of contingency.

Iason, quietly listening to the conversation having a sudden forewarning however, as, for some reason, he felt something was awry with what was happening.

"Send a team out to make an immediate investigation once the safety of the passengers are ascertained," stated Neu-Jupiter as they continued in pace down the lower areas of Jupiter's Tower. Yet there was still that hanging notion, a tug at the top Blondie's senses. Something was troubling him.

He clicked his tongue in annoyance, making a sudden stop that everyone else in his entourage paused for.

"Iason, what's the matter?"

The top Blondie turned to his brothers, looking as if he was going to say something. Only to be cut off by a sudden beeping.

His personal line rang with a certain urgency, Iason Mink unfolding his transparent phone to see who it was; surprised that the registry just now notified him of a mass of calls coming from one person: 'Katze?'

He turned to take the call, but was stalled when a Ruby from Liaisons Affairs ran in, the look of panic on his face.

"Sires!" He had, in his hand, a data screen which he showed them immediately. The Master Blondies, especially Iason, noting the visible date stamped.

"Was this sent from earlier?" asked Marcus Jayd. Sent earlier but was this just seen now? What has happened to the Communication lines?

"Yes sir. It was sent before departure of the currently burning Luxury Liner Almandros 07, but we do not know why it took awhile for the message to be received.

"We have no idea why there was a delay in the com links…" said the Ruby with a sense of trepidation.

Upon seeing the snapped footage, everyone turned to Neu-Jupiter. Because in that screen was the smiling image of his life's pair, Riki. He had boarded the ship with Katron from Cerberus unknown to anyone, basically, perhaps, going under the radar...

The top Blondie's worst fears were realized and his heart seemed to have stopped then and there-

"Master Iason," the Ruby further confirmed these said fears and everyone turned pale as it likewise dawned upon them all. "The Exclusive has boarded that ship. His life is in danger!"


The ship was hovering ever closely to the waters, about two more of its engines including the flight mechanisms giving way to a chain of explosions the hazard droids and emergency bots were not able to control, an interfacing Riki immediately knowing just how vast the damage was as he, with his personal nurse, Katron, ran hurriedly, ducking debris and tumbling scraps as they fell, the ship tilting ever heavier to its right, their escort barely able to keep up though he pointed them to an alternate passage closer to the front of the ship.

A carrier was said to be waiting for them there, reserved for the Pet of Tanagura, everyone knowing how he was the most important being on board. So much was at stake here. They cannot have anything happen to him for their own sakes.

But Lady Luck was not on their side, rather, was definitely out to inflict upon them a difficulty.

As Riki was trying to establish connections to Tanagura, as he was seeking to right the already failing com networks, there was yet another pulse from afar. It sparked like a dying star before once more sending a deadly beam at the luxury transport, hitting its side pods where some of the evacuees were piling into.

The casualty soared instantly as victims were either incinerated or fell prey to the waters.

Riki hissed.

"Master, are you all right?"

The Exclusive held onto the side of his head, a sudden ache overcoming him in a mix from both the fluctuations while he was assaying connection, almost disconnecting in truth, and the anxiety brought about by that perhaps intentional blast. There were too many lives lost- who would do such a thing!

"I'm fine…" but that was far from the truth. He was yanked out of his interfacing all too abruptly this time as the ship's backbone system had shut down completely. It left a migraine coursing through Riki's brain that he had to quickly shake off as he stopped for a quick breath, but continuing on before Katron could ever worry about him.

"This way Master!"

Their escort was determined to get the Pet and his Furniture out and had pointed them through a thick set of doors. The Furniture let Riki pass first before following in, and just in time, as a running blast suddenly engulfed the upturned ballroom where they had come from, the anguished face of the nameless staff that had guided them to here fading in the mushroom and glare of hellfire.

"NO!"

But there was nothing more that they could do about this. Katron slammed the door shut behind them lest the blaze also shot into the corridor that they were in at the moment.

"Master Riki! We have to go!"

Katron knew they had to survive, and that it was up to him to ensure the Exclusive was safe regardless if anyone else had to die, whether he himself lived through it or perished here. He held fast onto his charge's wrist as he dragged them on, sensing Riki's hesitation, perhaps conscientiousness even? But he could not change the truth -there was no time, Katron knew!

"Master. The fated Lover of Iason Mink must not die here- think about your Neu-Jupiter!"

Riki was aware that the Furniture was right. What he thought at the moment was not important. Despite his sensibilities and his humanity calling to him, telling him that lives were falling everywhere that he could scarce ignore, he could no longer help anyone but himself at this juncture.

They needed to get out.

"Let's go Katron," he can ponder or mourn as much as he'd like later, for now, they had to take off running once again. It was beginning to feel like it was at Dhana then every second this dilemma was curling its fangs upon them all- he has to survive this for the Blondie who waited for him! Death will not have his way! 

They were almost to the bridge now, their salvation at hand.

"Master! We're already here!"

But what was this they were seeing, reaching their destination? The side where the transport was supposed to be was likewise on fire. Riki cussed. There was a literal inferno beyond these escape doors, the hard glass serving as a peek-through beginning to darken and actually vein with cracks.

"Tch- we have no choice Katron. We need to fly!"

Let it not be said that Riki would leave his nurse and friend here. If he must escape, Katron would escape with him-

"But Master-"

"Don't think that I can leave you here! Don't you dare tell me to save myself!!"

Riki had made his choice. Despite the quaking and the smoke, the ship surrendering to a turn, almost ready to fall out of the heavens now, he sought for an escape...for them both.

"The boarding hatch should be here somewhere," the Pet tried to quickly remember. He had studied many aircrafts in his time, knew how to pilot some in fact, but right now, the only thing he needed was this. "Found it!"

The crew and captain's entrance was undamaged, but the door was shut. It usually opens using a manual pull of a lever hidden behind a panel but that seemed to have been destroyed during these last few onslaught of blasts. What now? The smoke was seeping into the room. They needed to clear this area or they would suffocate!

"Master Riki, what are you doing?" Katron tried to suppress this coughing reflex, damning his heightened senses for once, covering his mouth and nose with a backhand, narrowing his cat-like eyes in search of another pass.

He can tear through a certain thickness of metal, but was there any such place here that was vulnerable enough? Ships like these were often reinforced, the glass at least a few metres thick to withstand its intergalactic travels. They can't turn back either. The fire must have already eaten the way they'd come. The struggle was becoming altogether too real...

"Master!"

"Shh Katron!" the Exclusive snapped up at him, voice a bit too impatient. "I'm trying to interface here! Give me a moment-"

He was trying to pry the doors open via an override. Usually, the locks on these doors had separate networks of mechanisms and programming, the Exclusive recalled from his lessons. Since, aside from the manual panel destroyed, that is, the doors were still in tact, Riki took a chance that perhaps he can still salvage even just an inkling of a connection to the sub-system there and force it to open.

A little hard considering how he could feel the ship rolling now, that plummet into the depths below inevitable, as he tried and focused onto the still glaring light of the eye that indicated these doors being locked, yet fortunately functional. Not to discard the smoke that was billowing thickly into the space that the Pet himself coughed. And this sudden flash Katron could see through the glass of the deserted cockpit.

No. Not now! Was Kryon going to fire at them once more!?

"Master, we better hurry!"

"I know!" Riki was trying to concentrate. This was proving a challenge as it already is.

Everything rode in this single attempt or else Tanagura could end up without one of its Lovers.

They both hoped against that and a fate that could be detrimental to the utmost, but...

Just how on Amoï would they be able to survive this cataclysm, now that another trailing beam had shot out and pierced the ship, Kryon throwing the vessel out of commission once and for all?

Chapter 81

Notes:

Happy New Year!
Resident demoness here to update and apologize for the delays. I had a long vacation. ^-^
Sadly, the news is still showing that my home country is burning. I was there just a few months ago! Please be safe everyone. u-u
Anyhow, do enjoy this read my Blacklings.

Chapter Text

He felt it. The very moment the danger struck, that beam come slicing through the luxury transport like a heated lasknife.

What had become of Riki was yet unknown at this point, but Iason Mink's intrusive thoughts presented him an image of tragedy that in itself caused something beyond unpleasant, indicated by the sudden, irrepressible beating in his chest, this surge of a crushing pain, as if the full weight of Tanagura caved upon his very heart. It was that powerful of a link, and this did hurt him beyond description. Enough that he abruptly paused in stride, as if caught by some unprecedented form of paralysis, a hand immediately clutching at his azure robes over that spot, this hard drum of a beating prevalent, the top Blondie thinking it still tricky to be able to experience this sort of sensation , gasping at its inevitability.

Although, much like the well-practiced and logical monarch of Tanagura that he is, he’d reigned it aside immediately, that way, he could continue forward, his head raised as if nothing happened to begin with.

Behind that visage however, there was this need. All he wanted was to reach where his beloved must be at the moment, the soonest he can, the pull towards wherever this was strong, the urge to be right beside Riki even stronger, Iason needing desperately to ascertain his better half's condition, even whilst on the surface maintaining that calm for everyone else's benefit.

He'd acknowledged the necessity to silence his own mounting fears, not helped by the lack of any concrete news and no exact connection with his Exclusive despite being at nerve centre, all the way here at their Tower of all places.

Which made him decide to actually take to the skies again, the gaps incorporated onto his robes almost giving forth to the tips of his bluer wings, the pair preparing to unfurl. Yet they had not fully as Raoul Ma swiftly pulled up to his side in an Aircar, immediately throwing the door open for the top Blondie.

“You’re not flying- come on!” beckoned his best friend in haste, and Neu-Jupiter did get in, albeit after a breath of hesitation.

He did not wish to waste time, Raoul informed him that he was well aware of the situation. Why else would the Biochemist gun to speed immediately after they were sealed in, leaving their Brothers and the entourage behind to just follow their lead as the vehicle roared from a slight hover to a jet in flight, blasting its way from Jupiter's Tower towards the Aerospace Port extension of the Galeo Hub that was certainly closest to the trouble? The idea alone of losing Riki was detrimental not only to Iason Mink, but them all one way or the other.

To accept the possibility of it was unthinkable.


The ship had already been in a precarious slant since the beginning of this ordeal. It had, for the most part, already been going down in the last thirty minutes, for fact, deteriorating from the inside due to the fire that engulfed it internally first that the final blast that struck has effectively disintegrated most of the vessel, the final beam completely destroying whatever structure the ship still retained.

The crumbling transport then met its fate in the Ocean below, with a loud splash and definite boom, a rise of violent waves as it crashed onto the surface, the screams of those unrescued dying alongside the flames, the smoke rising before that too was extinguished, swallowed by the unforgiving leviathan that was these dark waters, drowning everything into a whirlpool created by the sinking.

To make matters worse, only a few of the Pods had managed to disengage, the panic of those hapless and quite frankly stupid victims sourcing most of the drama that caused them their own demise, the staff and craft both as ill-prepared as the other.

Even now as these said Pods were upon the waters floating, the vessel's men that were able to survive scurried aimlessly, trying vainly to pull as much of the other passengers aboard the lifesavers as possible, the face of tragedy admittedly achieving something societal normalcy could not: make all levels of the hierarchy equal. The height and depth of one's position in life no longer mattered. They were the same- just beings either dead or alive at the moment.

As some, beyond salvation, have already resigned to their fate and went under the abyss, while others still struggled in spite of the unavoidable. Either way, statuses could not change that…

It was complete entropy, the way this catastrophe was all spiraling down into madness and trauma. None really acted appropriately enough to overcome the situation. None could.

Yet.

Where was Riki in all this?

"I'm sorry, Master."

Katron had to look up.

The Exclusive wanted to scold him for his earlier display of negativity, of all people, but at the moment was far too preoccupied with flinching when, upon turning his own gaze towards a spot on his wing where he felt this sting, there he saw the bare bones and ripped skin of his very flesh, feathers zinged, the results of a massive burn he incurred from a few moments ago, having faced with this incident.

Riki is injured.

Which made him think how bad a decision it had been to remove the web of black diamonds just before they traveled. Those could have protected him. What a moronic move early on when, as the Exclusive, he should always anticipate calamity at his every stride, as Iason often warned him. The Blondie always insisted that he kept at least that vanity on him!

Katron meanwhile believes it to be his fault, recalling the moments before reaching this present dilemma, guilt-ridden that he had not done accordingly.

He is the Furniture. It was his responsibility- he should be the one saving his Master, not the other way around...

An hour ago.

They had evaded every obstacle thus far to arrive at the helm of the vessel, only to find out that the ship's command centre was already in extreme disrepair by the time they managed to get there, the pilots dead, the ship having lost full control that nothing could have been salvaged regardless of anyone's valiant efforts. What's more is that they ended up trapped, cornered on all sides by either flames, steely walls, or closed doors sealing the fires out but just as effectively sealing them in the same way.

They had nowhere to go!

But his Master Riki, refusing to give up, just didn't want to entertain the notion of them perishing there, and insisted that, despite such unfavourable odds, that they get the hell out of this dire situation no matter what it took. Immediately, the mongrel in him set to work on a solution.

"Come on, come on!"

He was putting his focus into interfacing with that smaller portion of the System that he found still intact along those doors, trying to pry open one of the sealed entrance-slash-exit hatches so they may get to the safety of the outside  "Open damnit!" his own personal frustrations aside.

Even as the Furniture agreed that, in his case, there was no contention, that he has consigned himself to the fact that his Master need not trouble with him at that point. Just as long as the Exclusive was saved, Katron saw himself expendable. The Pet only has to secure himself.

To Riki, however, his friends were never dispensable, and his Nurse should have known by now that, even at the price of his own life, the Pet would do what he could to get him out as well. His life too was valuable.

"Kartron!!"

It was radiant, that flash of beam about to cleave the already hopeless ship in two, and for a moment Katron has caught a glimpse of its eerie beauty beyond the blaze set alight into this infernal floating deathtrap. He even raised his arms to protect the Exclusive from the incoming wave, a shield if he could as he heard the latch giving, satisfied with the thought that his Master Riki could now flee.

But he had overlooked a ray of hope, because as those doors gave way to Riki's sheer tenacity and will, with this last hurdle gone, the Pet pulled not only himself but Katron out, reaching to drag the latter with him to safety.

Yet at what cost?

"Katron! Your hand!"

The Furniture swore the blast struck a few seconds earlier than he estimated, but the Exclusive was faster on intentions and doing what he must instinctively. He unfurled his wings without hesitation, drawing Katron behind it, using his sable feathers to cover them both, spinning to hurtle themselves out by dangerously riding the progressing winds generated by the explosions which ensued; something that allowed them to push off, up and away from the ship finally.

They were both thrown, shot out, the Pet successfully taking Katron to escape with him as well, no matter if in the process he'd obtained damage from the billowing fire and detonations that licked over him at the egress. And since he had failed to use the gossamer shield of black diamonds that could have aided him, he lost his precious feathers in the process of the daring rescue.

Quite the damage.

But in spite of this, the Pet maintained his steady hover, now securing both of Katron's hands with both of his to better distribute the burden, flinching again at the slightest shift.

He was seriously hurt! The Furniture clicked his tongue at his complete uselessness. "You had to save me...I'm sorry, Master Riki!" he could only repeat.

At first, he wanted to tell him to let go, but he was aware how he now owed the other more than the sum of himself. His life was Riki's to decide upon, and the verdict was already clear. The Pet wanted him to live.

"It's…fine," it took all of Riki's will to isolate the pain, tuning it out, needing to do so as a temporary fix, the adrenaline enough to keep him going for the meantime thankfully at least.

Riki did a quick assessment despite his own personal agonies, as fast as his mind granted, sweeping over the scene to see the ship already far gone, devoured by the waters and slowly vanishing under, finding there to be no place to land all around them for miles.

Not to the remaining safety Pods which were now overcrowded, their autopilot mechanisms failing to activate. Surely they'd be drifting for a while and that was a danger in itself. Not a great idea considering how close Kryon was, the presence of their fortress looming near, larger as if it was steadily approaching. It could have been his imagination, but still, it was an understandable possibility.

"Damn this-"

"Master, your wing!"

He knows! The Pet almost lost to gravity, once more wincing at a sudden surge of pain to that part of him. He almost lost consciousness then and there likewise, but holding on to every shed of awareness he could grasp, he stayed afloat, shaking his head in refusal.

They needed to get away from here, only one possible course of action coming to mind as he heaved in steady breaths to cease his panting. They have to make it to the Hub, even if he has to fly with this impairment.

"Hang on- we're leaving Katron!"


Galeo Hub was in an immediate lockdown following the arrival of Raoul's Aircar, nothing allowed to go in or out without permission, Neu-Jupiter immediately bolting free of their transport, in clear need of news regarding the accident that occurred, going as far as interfacing with the nearest node of the System there to immediately look for any inkling of his beloved. Tanagura's Chief Biochemist was not far behind him, as well as the other Blondies who are not far behind them in a hurrying parade of their own transports.

But as they progressed into the venue, Raoul saw Iason stop. All too suddenly that it startled him. Then the top Blondie made an abrupt turn towards the state-of-the-art Medical Bay of the Hub, giving reign to a sixth sense and this very strong pull that sang to him like a mythical siren.

"Iason!"

The Master was correct in the assumption. As Raoul hurried to his side and the two Blondies entered the building almost together, Neu-Jupiter found a familiar face waiting there, anxious with his own surreal features grimacing before it broke into one of relief and a strange sense of fear.

It was the Furniture, Katron, his worried visage greeting them both. He'd sent a message to Eos II already, but was informed that the top Blondie was no longer in Tanagura, just now realizing that his Master was in fact already at Galeo, arriving ahead of his correspondence. The timing could not have been any more fortunate and unfortunate all the same. The Furniture knew Neu-Jupiter would be furious, but he's also the only being on the entire planet that could help.

"Katron…"

"Master Iason...Master Riki is…"

Neu-Jupiter need not hear those words. He rushed past the Furniture, into the sterile room Katron was standing watch over, fearing the worst as the doors slid open, allowing him through.

And he was never this disturbed for feeling correct.

For Riki was indeed there. Although not in the state he would have wanted to see him after a while that they've been apart. In that moment, Iason's world ceased on its tracks.

His Exclusive, the being his heart pounded for, his beloved, lay feverish on the bed, the medical droids of the Hub doing their best to tend to him. Some physician elites as well, but things were looking awfully dire.

"Ia...son…" yet Riki still felt the presence of his Lover as well, calling to him in a voice only the Master Blondie could hear.

The Pet was glad beyond words, despite his mind reeling, swimming in this endless delirium of fire, screams, death, and waters deep that continued rising.

The Master's world once again revolved with that.

Immediately, Neu-Jupiter took a knee to his beloved's side, surveying the damage over in haste, taking that hand to press onto his paining heart, squeezing it as gently as he did assuredly.

"Riki-" even the Emperor weeps, and his sorrows are deep, truly and remarkably unlike who he had been.

And he also feels betrayal, slandered by what has been done to his only one. He gritted his teeth in seething rage, especially when he discovered where Riki had been so mercilessly and callously injured, Raoul entering in time to see the horrific disfigurement that even he glared at, while this unsatisfied loathing rose in his best friend.


There was a need to learn the truth. But Raoul has accepted the demanding task, in preparation now to take over Riki's care, thus it was left to the top Blondie to speak with his Furniture. Although, expectedly, not even a few minutes after discovering what had transpired, Neu-Jupiter was only further infuriated, the System seen to flicker irregularly around them, however, thankfully, Iason Mink was making his motions erupt a little more subtly.

The Biochemist had no time for it.

As long as it doesn't end in utter deterioration, the top Blondie will not hear a peep from him. His priority was the Exclusive at the moment, taking all the data from the charts already filed by the Hub's specialists to look at, aiming to redo testing as he sees fit so he may decide on the next plans for treatment.

He, being the one most knowledgeable about the Lovers' physical uniqueness, likewise knows that the usual medical procedures were assuredly insufficient. Seeing as the normal healing Riki possessed did not kick to start correctly, it meant the wound was severe, an injury significant enough to make such an instantaneous feature placed upon the Exclusive fail.

Meanwhile, the other Blondies were seen to have arrived. But they were dispatched to their respective roles to take care of this other matter regarding that ill-fated luxury ship. Somewhere, after all, was the transport the Pet took coming home, and it had already sank to the bottom of the Ocean. Regardless however, data still needed to be extracted from there to determine the cause and the full extent of the damages. Not to mention if recovery was still possible for the bodies that went down with the vessel.

"What happened?" Iason's burning question since earlier, especially now that he has seen what has become of his beloved.

Katron was not about to hold back the details, the truth as he'd witnessed and experienced it first hand. He saw it with his own eyes and would never be mistaken.

"It was Kryon. They were the one that shot us down," he readily volunteered, certain of the very culprit that was responsible, also admitting that if it was not for his Master Riki saving them both, who knew where he would be now.

Perhaps at the bottom of the Ocean like the rest of those other poor, unfortunate souls.

How grateful he was.

However…as he and Neu-Jupiter regard the desecration through the observation window, while the Pet was receiving the utmost care fitting at last, the Furniture could not help feeling angered as well, and sorry at the same time. He was unsuccessful in his duties, and all this he was taking seriously to heart.

There must be a way to atone for his misgivings and avenge his Master, right? What does he need to do to make Kryon pay for this treachery?


Iason could not take his eyes off his ailing Exclusive, not even a moment, for fear that once he did, he might lose him again. As Riki slipped in and out of consciousness, in a daze, the fever in him pitching high and low in cycles.

He wished he could ask Raoul to make even more haste of his preparations, but he was aware that his friend was doing his very best. The Hub was not equipped to handle a Jupiter. Yet they could not just fly him to Tanagura this very instant. There was a procedure that needed to be done here first before the Exclusive was allowed to be transported.

"Riki…"

Katron stood behind with that same look of disappointment and misery on his pretty face, awaiting orders, his head low, his mind clouded with the same worries reflected in the Master Blondie.

Although now he understood why he was fatefully spared. His testimony needed to reach Neu-Jupiter and the Council, providing Tanagura with valuable information as well as the motivation to finally decide upon the city-state, a disguising adversary that has picked at their flock virtually undetected.

Up until now, they had no real cause to get rid of Kryon. This should be reason enough, wasn't it?

Still, the Furniture had not ceased to blame himself for this occurrence, despite the Lord of the Realm not at all voicing any complaints towards him. Neither has he been stripped of rank. He was still the Alpha of the House and Riki's sole caretaker; Neu-Jupiter made this clear when he called for Katze to take Katron in for servicing. They needed to be sure he had not sustained lasting injuries due what was now described by the elites as a harrowing tragedy.

"Why did they…" the Master Blondie wanted to go berserk, the System singing his emotions, especially after what he found out.

To imagine how his Pet needed to fly all the way to Galeo Hub in such a condition, crashing as they landed, according to Katron's recounting of the incident.

He must have suffered, the vision of this enough to make Neu-Jupiter's blood boil in hate, dangerously close to irrationality.

Riki stirred.

"It’s just...a scratch…" yet he managed to mumble, just barely, the image of his worried lover swimming into his muddled mind that it compelled him to soothe his Master's pain, unseen due the guise of his calmness but evident to the Exclusive.

Iason gathered him immediately into his arms. The specialists at Eos II had arrived and Raoul was prepping to start the procedure with this team in aid, alongside provisions for a cryostasis so that the Exclusive can be safely taken back to the Tower for further medication immediately after.

They will save him, whatever it takes.

With this goal in mind, Raoul came through the door with the green, everything set for the process as he tapped his friend on the shoulder: "Iason, we need to start."

It should last no less than a part of the hour, a delicate procedure, but one which was necessary otherwise the Pet cannot be transported to Tanagura.

They all hoped it ended favourably, the soonest it does, the better chances at full recovery.

Even as Riki was lost in his restless dreams; luckily, the warmth that cradled him familiar. It calmed his very being.

"Iason…" he muttered, by some instinct drawing into that embrace.

Iason personally brought him out of the holding room. "Katron, come along," Neu-Jupiter ordered, not the smile or a trace of it in his voice, quietly tarrying with his Exclusive. Just utter anger at this point, no matter how mellow he made it seem.

Katron shuddered. "Y-Yes Master…" it was still fear for the Blondie that made him. He had all the reason to as he bowed his head.

Raoul let his friend pass through first with his beloved, followed by the obedient Furniture who'd kept his head low, the Biochemist looking on before trailing the lot himself, keeping in mind the weight of his obligation, that it was imperative he succeeded lest he wanted to see the worst side to Iason Mink.

Not that he had anything to worry about. His skills always sufficed. He guaranteed it.

But at the moment, the top Blondie appeared to be in a volatile state. Who would dare try and calm him?


News of the incident had been kept terribly under wraps, Tanagura vigilant in its efforts to draw the public away from the Jupiter Couple's affairs and have them focus heavily on the drowning of the civilian luxury ship instead.

Orphe was at the fore of this endeavor, fanning the flames of intrigue and talks about Kryon dealing the first blow on an unsuspecting passenger transport of all things that, clearly, had no means or was not as equipped to defend itself. A mere smear campaign of a strategy. The Blondies were keeping attention away from what's happened and is still happening to Riki. A tactic that appeared to work well enough. But of course the anxiety could only be kept at bay for too long. It has already trickled down; not to the adoring masses or scheming fiends, but among the elites sworn to its secrecy…

He should not have been affected as much as he was, yet Gideon Lagat admitted to be positively out of sync that, although still able to function as Midas' Overlord and playing his part well in the scheme of things, was ever so often checking for news on the Pet since arriving with their brethren. Again, something which Aisha Rosen was noticing with much cold regard, shaking his head in disappointment.

At the fifth time that the Charismatic Noble had inquired, the latter could not, or rather, did nothing to cease himself from finally throwing in a commentary.

"You realize that Neu-Jupiter is with him? As is Raoul?" said Aisha.

Immediately, Gideon was on the defensive. "Are you not worried of what would become of Tanagura if something were to happen to him?"

Aisha glared this time, incredulous of such dubious notions, especially considering how he knew the other to be truly feeling about the being in question.

Gideon was rather obvious with his concerns.

"Are you truly all for the greater good of the Capital?

"Or is there something beyond this pretext of words?"


Raoul Ma was in the middle of administering a dose of medication via one of the many sterile injection tubes attached, Riki at the table with a fever causing him to hallucinate, the injury to his wing having resulted in certain complications yet to be determined.

They were chasing time, the Biochemist admittedly still lost as to what was going on in this Jupiter body that he figured he'd run a few more tests for certainty's sake. Just had to keep the Pet calm. His limbs seem to be spasming ever so often in the last few minutes that that in itself was stirring a distress in Raoul.

"It's just a sedative. Relax Pet," assured the Biochemist, yet he was admittedly perturbed.

Just what was it that he was looking at this very moment? Was this the variable flaw to a supposedly perfect scheme? A vulnerability to something he believed to be entirely whole and impermeable?

Also, are his calculations fallible?

In all respects, seeing the state Riki Mink was in, it should have been that Jupiter's System had gone haywire as well. Yet it had not, surprisingly, which later would be attributed to Iason himself, the Man taking over all aspects of their digital domain with his indomitable precision, taking the load off of Riki for now so he may concentrate on healing. In spite of the difficulties to this process since he, too, was ailing.

Not physically, but in a matter of depth far more convoluted than anyone comprehends.

But it was not in his vocabulary to let his emotions run amok, nor did he plan to have his Kingdom collapse. Not now when Riki needed him the most.

Even as he stood there with his best friend, doubting even their very capacities as Blondies.

"Iason. Two minutes."

Neu-Jupiter approached the table, only so he could run ungloved fingers through Riki's hair, soothing him, bending down to place a kiss on his forehead. That did the trick to ease his beloved somewhat although his hallucinations were not getting any better.

"My wing…" the small worries while the Pet was falling asleep, those eyes slowly closing, the heaviness of the drugs taking effect, sinking him into blessed rest.

"It will be fine. Sleep my lovely...

"I shall be here when you awake," needless to say this was Iason's promise, declaring in his heart of hearts that, after this, he was loathe to have his lover leave his side ever again.

Not even if he pleaded or would meet him in anger. Iason should never have let him go in the first place, especially not without him.

Never again, he vowed, as, at the elapsed time, Riki finally fell unconscious.

But still, with those thoughts- why. Why did they do this to his better half? To Tanagura? These feathers falling on the floor. It was a sight the top Blondie need not see, never wanted to. Which only made him recall that talk with Katron.

'Kryon ships…' the Furniture was not in the habit for lies. 'I would not have been mistaken.'

Those bastards. They will pay the price of this worse than death, though even that would not assuredly suffice-

Neu-Jupiter has time to think of the appropriate punishment as Raoul, at the helm of the medical controls, stated, "It's time, Iason."

Understood.

Nodding his best friend's way, the top Blondie moved to likewise vacate the premises so the team of experts might be able to concentrate on this matter at hand, as he had a few things to deal with on his own as well.

He did continue to tacitly beseech his friend to make certain Riki returns to him well.

"I leave him to your care Raoul…" said Neu-Jupiter finally.


It's been a long night, but it was a night far from over. In Jupiter's Tower, Iason Mink, as he awaited news regarding Riki's operation, called in Katze through their private communications channel for the more obvious business plaguing his mind, by now trusting his Underground right hand to already be aware, not only of the private goings-on, but of what task he had in store for him.

As always, among the ones far from the purview of Tanagura.

[ The attack came as a shock. ]

"Yes. And an insult to my rule," said Iason flatly, the Positronic Brain above him churning with its ribbons of data in a pulsating mess, something that was felt throughout the Capital and Amoï itself as, the longer that the Pet was in surgery, the less and less pacified the top Blondie was becoming.

[ Do you need- ]

Katze of course knows what was being demanded of him now. His former Master certainly is out for blood for the blood spilt, out for vengeance. He had been under his employ long enough to know what Neu-Jupiter could ever want, and what he is thinking even before he gives voice to it.

"I need it done in three weeks. That should be enough to include all preparation," Iason sat back, a tinge of impatience in his voice, his hand curving slightly against the soft plush of the seat's leather armrest.

He had to wait, to wait until everything was completed, this errand being one of magnitude.

[ Master. There is something you need to know. ]

Iason waved his hand dismissively at some data ribbons floating lower him nearby; things that he tried to occupy himself with, but cannot focus upon obviously. How could he? Not in Riki's absence.

"Tell me."

Katze appeared to hesitate, a bare sliver of inflection reflected on that face. But staying silent about it would do him no good at this point, he was aware, therefore it was best to muster the courage now and make his confession.

[ I knew of Master Riki’s early return home. ]

Iason immediately shot him a look, one of apparent displeasure, those eyes cold and glaring.

"Why didn’t you inform me?"

Ah, of all things irritating, but he had a hunch as to the reason. Because knowing Katze, this man would not have left anything out, predominantly, any aspect that concerned the Pet. He'd have told him immediately of such important matters.

[ I would have, if only I could at that time. But the planet's System didn’t appear to give me such a liberty.

[ I could not get through to send you word, Master. ]

Bingo.

That made the top Blondie think, recalling in an instant how it was an ability that both of them, as the Jupiter Lovers, possessed. He knew exactly what it was that has gone on and imagined Riki ordering the System to keep quiet about his return. Of all the times that he intended on surprises!

But then again, what could anyone have done about it if Riki so wished? Curse how he now knew the power of his new role.

"Do as I ask, Katze," Iason finally, reaching a hand to massage a slight ache that ran its course from one of his temples to the other. The Positronic Brain above was beating as irregularly as his worries were, but he breathed in deep, needing to quell his emotions before it wrecked havoc upon his domain.

The Subarctic Scarface met that with no qualms, bowing a head in full compliance from wherever he was on the other side of the screen. He was a professional. He was also about as faithful as faithful can be to the Empire of his Masters.

If Iason Mink wanted a miracle, all he needed to tell him was what it was. In the same way, if he wanted a pestilence, all that he needed was to point where he intended it to descend.

[ Understood.

[ It shall be done. ]


A little later after that conversation.

Katze wasted no time in seeing to it that his Master's request was instantly arranged, calling onto their underground facilities to make the impossible deadline as he made his way there via a secret passage. A task that was completely and utterly gruesome that, if ever he was capable, he'd have shivered at the mere thought already. But he's seen worse. This was merely scratching the surface, the Subarctic Scarface aware that all of this was according to the Will of Neu-Jupiter; who was he to question?

"Boss, what do you think?"

Upon arrival, one of the caretakers escorted him to the lower vaults accessible only through a few biometrics scans and a special "key", the former Furniture and his entourage of masked underground men filing into this undetermined space where they kept what he was seeking, a large collective of Cryogenics Tubes as far as his eyes could wander, just a small majority of which visible upon entry, a few of the larger containment units obvious even if some simply stood looming in the darkness far off, awaiting their next point of use.

This was the storehouse for Tanagura's War Pets -mermaids, harpies, golems, zombies, mass-produced- you name every mythical or anthropomorphic creature ever to exist and not exist and those one would certainly find here. In this subterranean home for the bizarre. A congregation for the macabre. A warehouse for feral monsters .

At the moment, Katze had his sights on a specific specimen Iason needed, scrolling through a data slate for the specific entry and tapping that.

"These ones..." and with his approval, the whole line that ran straight through to a collection of these creatures were bathed in light. They were ready. They have been slumbering for far too long.

Katze nodded.

"Prepare them for transport. They're needed at the Capital," he said, another data slate pulled up and carried to his side awaiting his thumb print to authorize the beginning of the accumulation.

It would take a few days, give or take, to go through the entire set , but all will be ready easy enough.

"We'll thaw and sedate them for transport then, Boss."

"Good," as Katze swiped on his credentials, shuffling details as well as funding around the backends. He made one thing clear; needless to say heavy punishment will be awaiting anyone who could not meet his expectations. "I don't want any delays."

It was not just for his own good. It was for everyone under the thumb of this Jupiterian Empire. The anger of Iason Mink. It was best to stay on his good side.

With Riki injured, the top Blondie was certainly going to find a way to vent all his hatred out.

Katze had expected as much.

Chapter 82

Notes:

It's been a while. Sorry for the absence.
I'm so happy to be back and I think this update is much overdue. But yes I am here for the meantime so this is a little something I had proofread and is now posting for all of you. ^-^
I think it's rusty, but what do you guys think? 0-0

Chapter Text

It was the next day.

Riki, who now rested in recovery after some much needed intensive care, has not stirred even once from his sleep, his body in a deep state of coma, his wings carefully laid out, the affected area, where Raoul's operations had been thankfully successful, securely bandaged up and being injected with some type of ingenious serum that the other Blondie has created. 

As the Biochemist meanwhile pondered where he was in his own office, quietly monitoring what's happening to the Pet. Not to mention, to Iason who'd asked to be left alone and in peace at his penthouse.

Raoul greatly questioned the idea.

If anything, today was everything but peaceful in the retrospect...

It was not that any additional procedures were in order - they had passed that stage and Riki was already stable. Besides, they have processed to successfully intubate him to facilitate what was necessary, considering how he hadn't roused from this stupor just yet. 

Everything was done automatically and systematically as is the norm in Tanagura. The slight fever likewise which Riki developed while under sedation was being seen to by the Furniture, Katron, the only presence in the room where the Exclusive was being kept. 

Iason insisted. He trusts no other hands save for his and the other Blondie to care for his Exclusive...

So all right, perhaps he had other intentions in mind, Raoul. He actually has questions about this predicament they've just overcome, a first of its kind in essence that admittedly made the Biochemist uncharacteristically doubtful whether or not he could find worthy solutions to the newest problem he hadn't imagined - not in the wildest! - should they occur.  

This was the first time the Pet was ever directly in harm's way since Dana. Which made Raoul somehow double back into his considerations; their Prince's body was strong and it could renew itself when called for. But definitely not indestructible. Continually putting it in danger, or subjecting it to trauma, could suspend this capacity although temporarily it seemed. 

Such as during that time of the incident, when Riki was in a lot of strain. That, and the need to survive that was pushing him onward, caused his stress levels to soar. Not to mention the very incident itself and the physical trauma of it.

There was also the issue of composition, Riki's anatomical and biological difference from being the entire human that he was then, incomparable to Raoul's most priced Pet, definitely never comparable to his worst concoction that made up his War Weapons.

It was difficult to pinpoint which remedies would work! Switching medical procedures in between the hours to save his life was a mad struggle. Should he have failed, the repercussions could have been dire, not only detrimental for him, but for the entire Capital. 

He triumphed thankfully.

However, to have come up with such a hodge-podge, entirely and inexcusably unrefined remedy was not something Raoul appreciated.

He could have done it better, faster.

But it took a good eighteen hours to even get that wing patched up decently. Followed by more hours deliberating and operating even, hoping the instant heal Riki was capable of kicked up to at least aid them.

It had not.

Only now was it seen to have begun its course, but it was slow. It was taking its own time. All these factors impeding his waking that all that's left was to wait. And now that was another issue.

Neu-Jupiter had been more or less irritated, disturbed, angered. Yet he'd been exceptional with keeping the System in order, although the manifestations were persistent, and with the way Tanagura has been blinking on and off, it was unnerving everyone. Like he was doing now.

Raoul could only sit monitoring what’s happening, pondering. There was nothing one could do if it was Neu-Jupiter that was flying off the handle. According to his charts, all power to the System was redirected temporarily as one of the Couple was severely injured. The Biochemist was certain that besides balancing the domain, his friend was also still coming into grips with his personal, bottled hostilities over what's happened.

That made Raoul curious though, and he had questions...if the case was reversed, if Iason was the one who had come to be in Riki’s condition, would the System be routed to the Pet entirely as it had done now to Iason? An amusing and efficient concept, for each side to be able to carry on the entire load. 

To test that however...ah, Science cannot do such a thing, not to the Pivot that holds Tanagura’s well-being in its hands. This was simply an inimical coincidence that he was able to find this out. That alone was something he should be content with at the moment. 

A few hours passing of this appearing mayhem and on cue Gideon and the rest of the Council approached. 

“What’s happening? I can’t do any work in Parthea since yesterday; the sub-systems there are all malfunctioning...”

The Blondies were basically almost ready to throw up their hands in exasperation. This fluctuation has been running down the entire line and affecting even the most minuscule of functions.

Raoul only had one explanation, “It’s Neu-Jupiter. He’s seething.”

“Iason? Is it because of what happened?” Aisha paced, taking a gander at what the Biochemist was looking at only to raise a brow. The lines were off, far from the harmonious run that the System’s been when Riki was up and able.

The Blondies knew, the Pet needed to awake soon. 

“The transport carrying Riki in from Cerberus, is it true that the attack to it came from Kryon’s floating fleet?”

Raoul strung his fingers together, resting them on the space before him, in some manner relaxing despite seeing a few nodes that grappled Tanagura’s complex processes falling loose. The System fixed those after a few seconds. It has been happening often the last hours.

“That remains to be seen, but the Pet’s nurse swears by it.

“I don’t think that Furniture is capable of fabricating lies.”

“Fortunately enough,” Gideon waved dismissively, more concerned however about Riki’s situation. He was just concealing it under the same surface of calm. “But his wing broke. He took to flight just when the ship exploded; had to fly from Ocean to the Aerospace Port. Only he and the Furniture survived.

“Iason is clearly furious.”

Apparently, and if this wasn’t a blatant display of just how horrifying his destructiveness was when enraged, they all didn’t know what was. But despite not admitting it themselves, the Council too had felt insulted. For a small and insignificant player as Kryon, they had the nerve to attack something that belonged to Tanagura.

They only proved that they must never be ignored, and similar to what Iason wanted, they must be dealt with the soonest possible.

“Tch. Hadn’t he developed a temper?” one of their Brothers sighed.

“Love makes a being impulsive,” said Raoul simply; a matter-of-fact to him as it should be although he did not understand it as deeply. He has never experienced the emotion himself. But one aspect stands out. “Love has made him rather dangerous.” Enough that he was willing to perhaps see through his revenge until the end?

Of course, the Biochemist knew of the errand Iason ordered of Katze, and the repercussions that would certainly be brought forth by it.

But was Neu-Jupiter really all for this? Well, he has a feeling that they would find out soon.


There was no rest for Tanagura. 

In the next days following the wait for the Exclusive to awaken, the Blondies have found themselves completely overworked, trying to compensate for the lack of Neu-Jupiter’s other half. As tensions stirred from among the populace, the intellectuals noting the strange fluctuations that seemed to resound all over the Capital, nearly depleting almost all their workforce resources to balance over Iason’s unsteady beat of control.

The Lord had not been denying his impulses, the anger ever brewing, growing stronger beneath the surface. Raoul likewise noted alteration patterns, that his best friend was somewhat falling into some form of depression, or deprivation from not having Riki by his side. Understandable but frustrating at the same time.

The Biochemist does not know of a way to go around this trouble, watching as helplessly as the rest while Iason pines for his beloved, always at the Recovery Bay, awaiting his return.

"He'll destroy us all!" believed some of the other Blondies who were watching this enfold on the daily, whispering this in the silence however. It would do well not to invoke the wrath of their liege at this stage.

Raoul in fact had but one counsel and it was most wise, "He is the god of Tanagura. He can be rid of us all if he so chose."

But this suffering was not meant to last.

Not for the Lord of the Realm nor those beneath him.

It was that just when Riki woke up, it had been nearly three months after the mishap.


There was gloom running across the Capital. Rain heavy from clouds that hung low over Tanagura, thunder and lightning etching their course as if the heavens could not keep still.

And in this room, a remade space in one of Jupiter Tower's lower chambers, now housing the Prince still deep in his sleep, the top Blondie was none better than the weather. As again he found himself walking into the usual scene that had been common these past weeks.

His beloved in a coma. He had not at all woken up.

"Riki…" he called his Lover's name over and over, having approached, now seated one side of this quite decorated bed suitable for whomever lay in its midst.

They finally removed those tedious tubes as his beloved could well function on his own now. Except he had not entirely healed, that wing still without its feathers and, that form, still unable to return his affections. 

How Iason missed the challenge. How he longed for the equal return of kisses. This was just like how it was when they first came to after the old god's death and they were born anew. Iason could not stand the anticipation, the worry just as much.

"Will you leave me and Tanagura, beloved?"

There was this old fear as he run his knuckles against Riki's cheek. The sickening feeling that ate within him slowly. Neu-Jupiter admits that he was losing his grip on reality. This situation...it made his newfound heart ache. The very same that had him bowing his head against that hand from where he sought the signs -anything really!- that Riki would eventually find his way home into his arms.

Finally, the Man just could not stand it. That thought of slowly losing him whom he adored the most.

"Come back to me. Please…" 

It was not for a god to beg. But Iason accepted it in himself that, at this point, he'd have uncharacteristically crawled upon his knees in supplication to whatever powers there be, if only it meant that the reason for his being opened those eyes once again and bore upon him his questions.

His pride as a Blondie did not matter. He has aged well away from that, learned of his lessons about being and keeping a relationship.

At this very moment, he was simply a Man in love. Likewise crumbling piece by piece because of it...

It was time to leave once more.

The Capital has a need for him far greater during these times when he was shouldering all the System's wants without Riki’s aid.

Yet, as he stood, as he was about to turn away, he felt it, this squeeze coming from the hand he was loathe to let go, at first grimacing, before it happened once more that Iason immediately halted, stuck to that bedside as he glanced down at his Exclusive.

Riki moved!

And it was by no means a trickery as that head tossed, the Pet inhaling, brows knitted. Whatever intimate prayer it was Iason uttered had been undoubtedly heard.

"Ia...son…"

Of all the faces, the first that Riki sees upon waking was him. It seemed like eternity but here he was, his Neu-Jupiter, his Lover, the Man he wanted to be with the most.

But why did he have that look upon his splendid features? Why does sadness pervade it? Even now as Riki weakly raised that hand and Iason moved it for him, resting his cheek there before kissing that palm many times, the Blondie calling out his name in apparent relief.

The Pet could remember nothing. Not of the incident that befell the luxury ship or what had become of him as they managed a near-impossible escape.

Until…

Until he felt the weight of his damaged wing and it all came crashing in.

Tears immediately. Riki was plastered to the bed, raising an arm to shield his eyes as he gritted his teeth and cried in the silence. Iason would not have that. He immediately pulled his beloved into his arms, easing his burdens with a comforting hand down that back gently.

"You are home. You are with me," as if he stole the very words Riki could not say, the Pet clinging so desperately against him, more than just relieved to be sobbing against such a warm and familiar embrace.

As outside, the skies significantly brightened up, in the same manner conveying its own form of rejoicing, clearing to let through its first rays of sunshine in days.


News of the Exclusive rousing from his coma spread like fire among the Blondie elites, giving everyone the chance to sigh or to collapse in utter relief, the System notably relaxing with an immediate calm that’s infected every node, nook and end point on the Planet enough that a harmony was once more present, a synchrony that moved Tanagura forward.

“That’s great news!” Gideon’s upheaval had almost betrayed him, if not for his other Brethren expressing a similar gratefulness.

They were being exhausted down to the smallest cell of their inorganic beings in what had been similar to those days after the old Jupiter had died. Except it was not as dire. Thankfully. Everyone expected that Riki would wake up this time, as fervently as Iason hoped.

Iason who stayed holding his beloved in his arms, even as Raoul and the other specialists were called in, they were told.

“Things should revert back to normal now,” said Orphe, this incident testing the mettle of everyone present. They had to keep all details of it from the public for one, and the said public had some discerning members in it that tested the Blondies' capacities like they did the last time when the old god was absent. The scrutiny they attracted when people were noticing that Riki has not been seen in public for a month.

For Neu-Jupiter’s sake this time. Radio silence if one could call it that as there were plans that certainly would come into fruition next, seeing as the Pet has risen. There was no telling what was on Iason’s mind during this whole time, but his Brothers agreed that vengeance was a major possibility.

Would that cease to be surprising? Not to Katze when his emissaries came with word about the Pet's revival. A most welcome news though he himself never doubted the possibility. He has not told Norris about it. Why would he? He was never in the appetite to incur his Blondie Master's wrath.

That's why, when he was tasked with that important mission back then, weeks ago, he has once again moved heaven and hell to accomplish what was asked of him. Going out of the way and collaborating with Zico to pinpoint locations and determine the best possible way of abduction.

Of course it was a success. And once again he proved just how much of an obedient dog to the throne of Jupiter he was. Cold, calculative, devious for whatever the top Blondie whims and fancies.

Schemes notwithstanding.

"Have you fed the prisoners in Cell Block D?"

He asked one of his more trusted handlers.

The young man, named Marty, was an ambitious yet deeply loyal twat, nodding his head and almost always in approval of everything. 

"When have I not done what you've asked, boss?" And he showed his superior the slate with the surveillance in it, of a group of some five people being kept under restriction in Katze's lair.

Needless to say this imprisonment was illegal. But under the Capital's blessings, authority is usually bent. This part of the Kingdom had always been under such power that all the redhead does was beyond questions...

"Gas the room and put them to sleep. I have a feeling they'll be needed by the end of this week," Katze with his usual freeze and signature cigarette, the handler offering to light it which was accepted.

"Will they be used in some experiment?" Katze side-eyed Marty and this was enough to quiet him down, swallowing a lump in his throat. "Sorry boss."

"Didn't I tell you not to ask questions?

"Just do as you are told."

The very same principles the Subarctic Scarface abided by. Hence he rules this underbelly as he should.

And from the looks of it, he was correct to assume once again as his phone beeped.

It was Iason Mink.


The next days after his waking.

Riki was forbidden from leaving the Tower just yet, on account of Raoul still needing to run a few last-minute tests. 

Annoying, however, Iason did promise that they'll finally go home to Eos Palace tonight once everything was set in order...whatever everything was to a Blondie's definition.

"Are you still feeling pain here, Master?" One of the masked specialists asked as they inspected his wing, bare-boned for now, as the feathers appeared to still be in the process of regrowth. The Healing was finally working full capacity, well, supposedly.

Riki still flinched, his body still in the state of fixing itself that some areas remained strained. 

"That part," he groaned out. "It hurts right there."

They applied the medication and bandaged it properly, careful to take notes as well as avoiding to make any other injuries worse.

This situation remained delicate. 

The Exclusive was out of danger definitely, but they had to be careful about his continuing recovery.

"Have any of you seen Iason?" After the checks, the Pet was asking the staff. A question the men were unable to respond to.

Instead, someone else came with the answer, "He's at the basement level directly below" which was Raoul, the medical team members he's hand-selected for Riki's care providing a bow as they left them both there.

The Pet tucked his damaged wing close, a movement that took some effort as the anaesthetics were yet to take effect. Blame his body's unnatural qualities. It was self-healing but, in turn, was immune to most common treatments, Raoul not having qualms about informing him how daunting a feat it was to make the necessary adjustments to everything while in a race to save his life. 

Riki's body was basically fighting off the Biochemist's intrusive measures, attacking all substances introduced into it as foreign threats.

With a sheer amount of effort however, Raoul refusing the possibility of luck ever being influential in the equation, the Pet was saved.

"Did he say what he was doing?" And he has resumed to being both the bane and the focal point of the other Blondie's scientific interests.

The Biochemist sighed. "Who knows with your Master?" which was not a lie in entirety. He has not been underground as of late. He was told to stay here and cater to Neu-Jupiter's significant other throughout his whole healing process.

The stubborn mongrel as Riki always would be, now sliding off the bed to drape a robe over his shoulders, maneuvering his injured wing downward to cover it as well.

"What are you doing?" Raoul questioned. "You are not supposed to walk about yet."

"I've been confined to this bed for three months, is that not enough?" Riki scowled. Besides, although his Master said not to leave the Tower, "Going to the Basement is not leaving the Tower." Right?

There was a wobble at his first step, but Riki figured it was just his strength not fully restored just yet. He did overcome it immediately before the Biochemist could notice and react, or stop him for that matter, pulling at the robes by the collar and walking out on him.

Gods, how good this simple act felt. Just being sick, a sensation he has not been in ages since dying, was a downer for him. He missed many things. His body was positively craving any form of activity...even if it was just the simple act of finding his way downstairs.

If only he wasn't so eager to.


On the way down to Basement B of the Tower.

Riki had discovered a few concerning things, mainly dealing with the System when he tried to access it to find his Lover. He was shut out to some degree, unable to get all too far. Farther than the top elites, sure, but the inner workings of the System lay closed on him at the moment.

Well, he figured out it was Iason's doing from some schematic logs, where it showed his Beloved actually taking off many a portion of burden from him while he was still in slumber. 

It was to prevent the System's collapse. Rather easy to understand, but, that was not his concern. How Iason manages it---now that was the question!

Riki figured he'd better retrieve his share of Jupiter before his Master faltered. This was certainly taxing work even for a top Blondie, after all, didn't the old god design the current framework to be utilized and managed by them both?

He promised to do his best. 

He just had to find him now.

“Iason…?”

No. Definitely not his Beloved yet, but, someone that shared his uncanny colour of hair.  It was Orphe Zavi standing at the closed threshold of the Basement sterile area, waiting for him.

“Pet?”

“What are you doing here?” he asked. 

The Blondie did not respond, instead, gestured over a censor to open the doors for him. 

“Come. Your Master is waiting,” he stepped aside, bidding the Exclusive to go on ahead.

Seemed suspect, but if Iason was within, then all Riki had to do was take that step.

What met him was darkness however, until his sights adjusted through the dim and things came to view...

A wide room. Actually massive with the ceilings high enough for flight if he could muster it. He could see beyond him a lower floor, over a balcony with its metallic rails, and a pool of glass, icy almost.

Wasn’t this...familiar? He’s been in a location like this before, Riki’s mind in speed to find that memory.

He remembered suddenly.

He followed Iason into one of these similar areas before he became a Pet. In fact, it was in somewhere like here where he was first abducted to become Iason’s.

He recalls the ghastly mermaid, a creature borne from the deviousness of the Blondies. This appeared to certainly be one of their tanks.

“Iason?”

He found his Master there, rising from his seat nearest the edge, extending a hand out to beckon for him in this void.

Riki breathed out. His exhale had become misty. And only after a few more minutes in that space that he realized it was actually freezing. 

“Beloved…” that was such a greeting, a loving smile on that face as he had to approach but..behind the Man's expression seemed something utterly sinister and frozen. As cold as the temperature of the very room.

Riki was hesitant, a slight thump in his chest, although he did take that hand.

"What are you doing, brooding in the dark?"

Orphe had come in, and stood closely aside, as Iason settled him upon his lap, facing forward.

He felt the kiss, a light settling touch on his shoulder as the top Blondie eased the robes he'd wrapped about himself off.

His Master was uncovering his wing, which Iason was careful to avoid the injuries of. Riki felt embarrassed. Does his beloved have no idea how this close distance was making him feel?

"Better?" A question of concern that Riki all but simply nodded to.

But what was this all about? Iason, to him, was acting a little strange. He appeared to be seething, enraged but containing it within his frozen demeanor, closer to the persona of the Ice Noble everyone knew of him. Even as he caressed Riki gently, he was the Emperor. This was his Kingdom, his dearest one.

"Raoul has done magnificently, but how is it?"

From behind, Iason slowly lifted the damaged wing to inspect it.

Riki flinched, but found it bearable, seeing his Neu-Jupiter with that signature adoration, kissing over the bandaged portion, those knowing eyes in a deep concentration upon him. "My apologies."

Why was he the one apologizing?

Iason did him no wrong. Actually, the Pet thought he was more to blame, doing something behind his lover's back, like, that stunt that's led to all this just because he thought bypassing the protocols that kept him safe would just be fine.

They clearly weren't.

It was just a stupid assumption that had everyone paying the the price.

Riki with an admonition then, "It still hurts. I can't even flex nor retract it."

His voice held that regret now, a frustration that was brought about by all this. He had gotten himself in trouble, and damaged himself so badly that all the Blondies, Iason most importantly, had to pay the price.

Imagine how the Exclusive felt.

Well Neu-Jupiter knew.

And for that, he gave Riki a gentle kiss on those lips this time, to assure him as he eased the would-be tears and all that worry away.

"It isn't your fault," the top Blondie said when the gesture parted, leaving Riki to reel slightly as most of these things do to him.

For a moment, the Exclusive was in a daze it appeared. Up until he heard something move from the confines of the area and there was some manner of screaming that ensued.

It was from the ceiling. A trapdoor had opened, revealing a cage that was being lowered with what were definitely people in it, dangling on thin support.

Riki was confused.

Orphe who'd been quiet to the side supplied for his benefit: "They're spies. All of them. Caught from all across the grid."

He stood there pitiless, that undeniable tilt of his chin showing ample defiance and pride and cruelty. As was reflected in his Master's face.

"This is Kryon's doing…

"They hurt you."

Neu-Jupiter's tone was chilly, an arm protectively, possessively tightening around his Exclusive.

When Riki turned to look at him, the expression he saw was that of a dangerous Man, an Alpha threatened.

"Orpheus…"

No other words after. But Riki felt the entire area shook as something was happening just below them, beneath the cage.

It was the glassy pool. Its surface was slowly parting in half, revealing what was beneath the surface.

Water in a certain depth. Dark and appearing to swim with something that confirmed Riki’s suspicions.

War Mermaids. Pets that were converted for the purpose of the guerres, as security, as attack machines, as military weapons--

The Pet swallowed.

This was why it was so dark. These creatures shunned the light. But the greater question was why they were here to begin with. And his Master. Why that screaming cage of people was where they are-- what was Iason planning?

“Ia-”

“No flying for now, my lovely,” smiled Neu-Jupiter, but even that was devious under this light. He was all eyes upon their captives as well, even as he was instructing his Pet. “It will heal eventually, sooner than you think. Just listen to Raoul…”

“Help us, please-”

“-help us! We’ll do anything!”

Riki heard them finally, the many chorused pleading, but as he turned to where they were, Neu-Jupiter eased his head by the chin back to look at him.

“Don’t…” he cautioned his Exclusive. “You have no business with them.

We, however, do.”

That hand moved up the spine of his back sensuously, though there was an agitation in the way Iason seemed to work, especially palpable when he sighed in disgust of the prospect that he could have lost his Exclusive's presence again.

“How unfortunate. Losing your precious feathers. Almost losing you again…”

Riki did not know what to say. But that didn’t matter. He survived, and that was enough to embolden the top Blondie. He bares his Pet from the robes completely, if only so he could wrap the other uninjured wing around him, taking comfort in that.

He takes the time before pronouncing a verdict, enough that he seemed to have slept, closing his eyes in relaxation.

“Feed them to the mermaids."

Chapter 83

Notes:

Hello my dear ones. I am unexpectedly back. Damned pandemic has been hitting me hard since it started.
My apologies.
But if my writing does not meet expectations today, know this, I am fumbling to find my Muse as of late. It's been a hard battle versus depression and getting sick, among others. And just fleshing out this chapter, it's like I'm learning to write again after so long. I couldn't help but falter a little, lose my way a little...
Of which I hope, from here, that I find my groove once more.
I missed this.
I miss everyone. (T-T)

Chapter Text

His pronouncement shocked Riki in an instant, and the wails that came from those in the cage seemed to send an instant jolt down his altered mongrel's body as the judgement was irrevocably made. 

Instinctively, he fought against Iason's embrace, just as instinctively, Iason held on tighter, arms like steel once more sealing him to the throne of his existence before a quicker hand reached to return his lips to where they belonged, anchored onto that of the powerful Tanaguran Blondie.

The Emperor kissed his Prince passionately enough to the extent of greed, and, although the Exclusive fought this as well, he eventually gave in as his body was shifted with much care, Neu-Jupiter doing more than just good at stealing all preconceived ideas from his beloved, such as to rescue the screaming damned for example, making their horrid pleadings a seemingly distant echo as the cage inched lower and lower towards the lively and savagely eager waters below.

Things spun.

Iason Mink, in that one connection, has given back the rightful reins over the System to his better half, allowing Riki his share of the Kingdom in a wave of transfer so sudden that the Exclusive was shot. And stuck in that intense kiss, he was rendered entirely vulnerable and compliant.

The kiss broke.

Riki was breathless, thoughtless, his temples beating with this distinguishable click that was the System relocating itself and once again throbbing to life within its chosen host. He was on a high and trapped in a literal euphoria which Iason took advantage of.

He coaxed Riki onto his feet, summoning his Brother to entrust with the Exclusive, albeit the latter was wobbly and confused, “Orphe...escort Riki back to Jupiter Tower. He does not need to see what will happen next.”

The other Blondie naturally obliged: “Of course. Come Riki” and that sacred hand was passed between them. 

Although as Riki was undoubtedly being moved again, he half on instinct turned back towards Iason.

Surprisingly, he was met by that loving yet stern gaze, especially as he passed his own stare from his Master to the cage then back again. As if the top Blondie was telling him, 'Do not hurt me like this. Do not save them.'

Riki accepted his defeat. Had he even the choice?

He abruptly tore his attention from the scene, knowing well that it was something he could do no more about.

Orphe noticed the slight nervous squeeze from the smaller hand he held upon the glove of his. Or was this a slight frustration? 

Of course Riki would feel conscientious. The Blondies had long considered him as having the bigger heart between them both in the equation of the Lovers the old god had made. Only this was overcame often by Iason's will, swaying the Exclusive's decisions towards an altered goal or decision.

Iason trailed the leaving form of his beloved, dashing despite his injuries, the stark darkness in all this darkness, yet magnificent in contrast to his Brethren that was on escort.

Neu-Jupiter waited until he vanished for good, before he pulled himself to the reality at hand. As from the sidelines another Blondie emerged, eyeing the mess of prisoners in the cage of doom slowly lowering.

How pathetic they all sounded. Utterly wretched that he understood why Iason wanted to have Riki excused. He was no delicate dark angel but he could be moved by such pleas.

Not the Blondies.

"A fitting depiction of Inferno," poetic it seemed of Silbert Domina who took part in this haul of traitors, the seeming sweep of these planted deceits in their very territory.

They shall be promptly dealt with certainly. For not even diplomatic ties or immunity could save these fools. If they were found to be allied with the intentions of Kryon, they were in the list. And what an extensive list it was that the Blondie master of espionage had curated.

Iason was all but sympathetic on his part. He sat in his throne, ever the image of the cruel ruler. “Now then, where were we?” he folded his graceful fingers in and driftingly rested his chin there. As if he was to give them a chance that when declined meant the thrashing mass of starved mermaids below. "I am curious as to what occurred. Why has your fleet done such desecration?"

To which one desperate soul screamed from the agitated congregation, "No one! It was an accident my Lord, believe us! We didn’t even know that the Pet of Tanagura’s Blondie was traveling in that ship! I swear!" And there was a chorus in agreement.

That was proof enough of the traitorous hand dealt. It was an admittance without directly admitting. Amusing how one's mind can change when faced with strain and pressure. A school of deadly war monsters was such strain and pressure apparently.

"The ship bore the Syndicate Insignia, and the color would have been sufficient identification anywhere on the Planet. It’s sort of idiotic how they had not seen it.

"What fragile excuse."

Indeed. 

And it all the more was making Iason Mink a heartless denominator.


Orpheus Zavi and the Pet named Riki walked down the corridor towards Jupiter’s Tower in relative silence. Somewhere along the way, the Exclusive had let go of that hand and decided to slack behind, a bit lost to his thoughts, but certainly attuned to the slight nuances of the System just returned unto him some short moments earlier, the intensity of Iason's wrath making itself all the more perceptible now.

It was similar to this stream of liquid light. In the neon darkness of the cosmos that was the System, it radiated a vibrant red. A thread that floated with every loathing aspiration and not the absence of malice infused.

He could tell Iason was to seek vengeance of some kind. But as to what this was, what means or steps Neu-Jupiter was to take, the Exclusive could find no hint. He was keeping it to himself. 

Riki simply hoped it was not catastrophic, or detrimental as his intrusive imaginings were presenting, causing a stray shudder to run down his spine in dread.

He would not wish the worst of Iason’s anger on anyone, and he meant anyone.

He was ruthless as a Blondie then; what more now as Neu-Jupiter?

“It is-” Orphe had broken the silence between them with a statement the Pet failed to catch the ends of.

But the moment he did turn his full attention to a conversation interjected into his reverie, he heard the rest of his Blondie companion’s words clearly: “I don’t personally know how this love Iason feels for you is supposed to function…

“...yet I know I don’t want to be on the receiving end of the rage inspired from it,” was what he said.

As if that echoed his own thoughts, Riki blankly mused, and they paused in that corridor for a while, the Exclusive in some manner of introspection. 

Then, “He...scares me.” Riki felt the need to share the sentiment, a sudden aching along the injured part of his wing distracting him that he clutched a hand upon the arm where the said ache resonated.

Orphe Zavi understood the matter, smiling at such a simple yet complicated fear. There were many things Riki should be worried about, but was never. He was justly bold and unafraid of them, maybe as a mongrel would have it, even as one crowned into exclusivity.

Instead, he chose to be phobic of something which he in turn perhaps felt just as strongly for.

“As he should,” replied the Blondie. “He is your master after all.”

There was once a talk with Raoul where the other had declared how Iason can be very jealous, unforgiving and slightly or entirely mad when it comes to Riki. Now everyone in the Class thinks that’s more than an accurate supposition.

They moved on. They paced in silence with these things in mind, up until they arrived at the entrance of Jupiter’s Tower.

Where Orphe paused, staring up at the curious eye. It glared like Iason’s temperament.

“This is as far as I go.

"Despite being an elite, I don’t have the capacity nor the permission to access this location,” he gestured with the slightest hint of a flourish for Riki to continue.

The Exclusive stood at the front of the retinal scanner. The machinery ceased its biased protocols in protection of the gates, recognizing the Exclusive as its own and focusing upon his immediate need.

There was much to work upon this side of the System. The Blondies still were unable to get within.

Did time halt in Tanagura when he got injured? Riki was unable to fathom the impact for now. But his life could definitely cease the world from revolving, can it not?

Identified: Z-107M-E

Neu-Jupiter Riki Mink

There went the usual read, and a beep somewhere the sterile interior punctuated the confirmation. As gears moved, the platform Riki stepping upon beginning to ascend to bring him to his Nest of Power.

Orpheus approved.

“Stay within the Tower and wait for Iason. I shall leave these sentinels here,” he motioned further as a small group of armed droids marched to view from their confines along the path. “I shall make certain you are left to your peace.”

Nothing on his personality appeared to have been ruffled with that small declaration. Like every Blondie he knew, and he knew them all from the topmost of the order.

To Riki, they were the same yet different. He still had a distrust for them...even towards Iason despite the latter being already his.

For keeping peace around me or so I don’t get out without you knowing? He was tempted to throw in.

The slight ache along his wing prevented him from any further fuss however, and it didn’t put him in a mood to banter. The words just died naturally.

"I know," was all he said instead, exhausted finally.

He did make a face that was both confused and annoyed at the current state of things, uncertain he was as to which of them was causing this discomfort.

As if something was going down -bad- real soon, and he would not at all like it.


The lights had flicked on full blast, causing the agitated mermaids to retreat to the darker depths of the tank where they sheltered among the shadows. But not without tarrying with them the most generous meal ever given to satiate their monstrous appetites, dragging portions of limbs, whole torsos and even half-chewn corpses to the bottom. As more pieces sank and were hurriedly snatched away from just beneath the reach of the light. 

Fresh sustenance that were more or less alive a few moments ago but the beasts had torn through like laser cutters. Even before the cage was opened at the drop. In truth, the mermaids had already ripped through the bars the second the enclosure was in reach, making the horror real.

The same that plastered unto the faces of the prisoners in death before they too were shredded through by tougher limbs and nails and teeth, pulled to pieces from all sides by the hungry beasts.

First there was even pleading and frantic calls for help. Of mad attempts to climb the side walls.

But it was a tank of demise. It was hell in its form and such pitiful screams fell to deaf ears. Horrible. Yet the Blondies knew what strange and macabre sideshow they were getting. They made these things after all.

So everything was left unabated as it went. The tank was not disturbed in the darkness, even as blood washed the sides were some severed body parts were thrown in the chaos, those attempting to escape flung when caught up to before being bitten into. As the waters stained red briefly before that diluted completely. Resignation to some as their insides poured out to the gnash of teeth, death fast in mental shock as the more painful was left to the conscious who kept on fighting to the very end.

Futile of course.

The deed was sealed, and done, these deaths inevitable.

And Iason stayed put to watch it all start to finish.

Never mind if the carnage was inelegant. He once more displayed his power. Something Silbert understood.

"That confirms it to be deliberate," he sighed, having turned his back from the dying commotion below, the tank finally being fitted back over with its glass cover.

These mermaids were scheduled for delivery to a distant watery planet. They'll do well as sentries once the final controls were in place, as leaving them without the switch would be pure negligence, or it can be a tactical advantage for other affairs in the future.

For now, Iason didn't seem to be thinking about that, still focused at the task in hand. After hearing what he needed to, the confessions earlier only solidified what decision he had so masterfully brewed in his mind.

Especially as his fellow Blondie added: "This and according to what our other intelligence methods had picked, the Kryon Council had given the order. They are testing our defenses.

"And no doubt, our patience."

Still, they were talking about lives. Something that any sensible elite wasn't particularly in care about, yet he was curious as to how Neu-Jupiter would move his pieces forward. 

He turned to Iason with the question, "You seem to be taking this personally?"

Ah yes, the only Blondie with feelings deemed unhealthy for the longest time by the Elite of Elites. The only Blondie who would perhaps not be satisfied until he exacts a fitting justice.

Iason responded, "Any attack on Tanagura is personal."

But that wasn't the case was it?

Silbert pushed further a little. "That, or are you rather furious because Riki was harmed?"

Kryon had been left on its own in a while, drifting beneath the proper notice of Tanagura. The strategy to deal with it was similar to how they have done it to the independent-seeking Slums, preferring the dubbed and self-proclaimed City-State to die and rot while profiting off of its lack by selling it its necessities.

But then somewhere along the way, something had gone awry and the stubborn floating nuisance became capable, affording even its own military might.

Even then the god that ruled Tanagura would not really have lifted a finger. He would have listened to reason, sat down in the audience with whoever ran Kryon to discuss compensation and such rectifications.

But that idea died out when they did one thing wrong. Now he was certainly seething. Even without the System's aid to connect to his feelings, everyone surrounding Iason knew.

What he next stated cemented the fact.

"Riki is Tanagura. He is my Omoï…"

His brother could only smile. "Of course. 

"How, then, do you want to proceed?"


Deep within the bowels of the known world Underground, it was unclear as to how the information had leaked, but there were now these surfacing whispers in the corners among the higher tier of Black Market subordinates, about certain things of interest that had happened in the Capital above lately. Especially regarding the mishap that was Kryon's blatant move which they explained to be accidental when most believed otherwise. Something which had the normal denizens wondering as to why the all-too-powerful elites had not made a move upon them yet.

Why it had been quiet...

Too quiet in fact, the Blondies keen to silence even further goings-on, certain details withheld, while a massive fortune was being moved and spent to curtail the anger of the families affected. In some manner of compensation. As if something had been promised them that they had become less and less vocal about the whole matter.

If only they knew what was brewing in the Lord of the Realm’s mind at the moment.

“Hey, have you heard? Kryon attacked the Exclusive’s transport,” Norris had not heard all of the statement and instinctively strained to hear more. 

Of course he had heard about the luxury transport that was shot down. How much anger had been tossed around that he could feel such intense animosity from places he didn’t even knew to be aware. But this was the very first time he was hearing about two things together: the Exclusive, his friend, and the transport that was destroyed.

He was confused yet pieced a certain picture together.

Was Riki in that ship when it crashed!?

“What did you say?” he strained to clarify the matter that suddenly gave him this sinking feeling. 

He was not at all aware- he didn’t have a damned clue of it- Riki-

His rushed interjection was enough to startle the men debating over the rumor. They fumbled with their words for a moment, looking at Norris’ face and its mixed expressions of worry, dread and a tinge of what seemed to be helpless anger.

They also knew him to be the poster boy of the Subarctic Scarface. They certainly were cautious to proceed telling him this gossip for fear it may reach Katze’s ears. To tattle or even murmur about the top ranks or any of the Capital’s affairs that reached their prying ears was a no-no down here.

But Norris wanted to know: “Tell me-” he was insisting.

Thankfully, he was called in before anything was said.

“Get back to work,” it was the Boss of the Underground himself that came calling, his signature cigarette hanging between the clip of his lips.

Everyone scattered immediately, leaving Norris to grimace and worry by himself.

He turned to Katze this time: “Was Riki hurt? Boss Katze, why didn’t you tell me!”

The former Bison was hands, knees and body deep in the secrets of Tanagura that things like this, about his former captain, any news at all, he was expecting to hear firsthand. It was in their quiet understanding that Katze was to not withhold such matters from him, after all, wasn’t he already a fitting confidant? He was helping in the affairs of the Jupiter Lovers as much as he could was he not? Even going as far as to deal with the pesky little details that would otherwise disrupt the Capital’s day-to-day schedules.

The financial stakes or gains were not even important to the ex-Bison member. He more or less took this post to at least be updated regarding the status of the only family he knew, that was, his friend Riki from their days back in the Slums.

Katze was aware of this. It was the bait he set to lure Norris here to begin with, and the means by which he brought the mongrel to the Underground for his Master’s sake. 

But how does he effectively handle this situation? Will he mask it like the media blockage that the Blondies have so effectively implemented above him? Well, perhaps there was a slight misstep that's why the news still breached the surface? However, down here, rumors can no doubt be dismissed as rumors. And he can have things shut up just as conveniently as he could import pets to any part of the wider limits of the planet.

Yet again, Katze asked himself what use it was to hide the truth? At least towards Norris, he wanted to be fair and act according to their many unspoken agreements.

At that, the redhead simply sighed upon his decision, blowing smoke past his lips in the same manner of cold that he was known for, annoyingly enough. 

“So you heard,” not a denial, not a confirmation just yet, but it was enough to send Norris into this state of internal panic. 

Katze cannot have that among the best of his men. Apparently, the other mongrel here was considered one of his prime workers.

“Boss Katze-”

“Come with me,” was what the other said instead above the tense atmosphere.

He figured this was best discussed over today’s most important business. All following Iason Mink’s masterful schemes.

Norris will again be part of his next dangerous endeavor.


Edit: Dedicating my return to Sayonaki who was inspired during my absence, and whom inspired me to do this all over again. Thank you. I needed that.

Do read her works and support. :)

Chapter 84

Notes:

No beta. I die like Samachurl. Kidding~

Chapter Text

It has been a week at least. 

The Exclusive’s recovery has been more than just speedy. In actuality, the way by which his faculties had returned to the state of normal agreeable to Raoul’s medical standards had been impressive. Enough that he was back to flying about their palatial home in no time at all, having regained all his sable feathers, once again in charge of a full and even healthier set of wings.

Like nothing happened, as Katron so spoke, watching his Master once again enjoying the freedom of flight around his proverbial cage. Nearly unnoticeable. If not for the fact that a few things had since definitely changed in this Kingdom from that moment his Master Riki came home. 

For one, Neu-Jupiter upped security as if it wasn’t hyped over enough already, the surveillance, bots and drones around now too many even for Katron to count and mind although, thankfully, were out of the way. 

Next, Riki was to never be rid of his statement wing decorations indefinitely. Just to avoid something like that incident from ever happening again, to keep anything from ever damaging him to the same extent. 

Then there’s the fact that all affairs would be put aside. Just until the deal with Kryon has been settled that is. 

Which meant no interstellar excursions, parties, attendances, engagements, business -arranged or otherwise- were allowed, for now. These were promptly swept under the carpet or brushed off from any of the Jupiter Lovers’ schedules, and were not even going to be given a single consideration. 

Invitations never reached Iason’s office. Riki never saw or learnt of any of them at all. 

Far too stringent when before they had to be reminded to at least come to a few of the things the elites arranged.

Nothing of that sort at the moment. Which was still fine by Riki. He was no fan of these excesses to begin with anyway. He likewise didn’t miss Midas and all the dallying around its shops and privileged spots. He knew in himself he was still in recovery, and being pestered by Raoul to behave while he was still regaining himself was more than exhausting of a reminder.

Be cautious. Take the medicine. Allow the tests…blah blah blah…it was vexing enough that Riki was going to let it all tarry along, if not to hasten the end of the matter sooner. 

He wanted his life to be normal. 

At least as normal as he has had it since waking up.

“Master Riki. It is time…”

Ah, but he should have expected an exception...

The Exclusive could hear the beckon even as he banked a hard arc finishing his few laps around the domes of their Eos Palace. 

He was being summoned to be dressed up once again, can one believe? He was to attend a Council sanctioned affair somewhere in earnest suddenly. Just when he thought he was not going to see the trace of another Bacchanalia for at least a few months or even a year more.

Trust Iason Mink to break his own rules in a flash. Which Riki actually found to be incredibly suspicious. For in the last two days after his Neu-Jupiter had announced the gathering, there had been zero mentions of it. 

No talks even among the Blondies, from Raoul whom he saw often as of late, nor from the elites that he sent Katron to inquire from the Furniture of. The topic did not surface even in passing as they murmured things in between the sheets of their bed.

It had somewhat become a very secretive matter. But one that even he, the Tanaguran Exclusive, could not be privy into? How absurd was that?

Still, Riki let himself be carried by the situation. Being wed to Iason Mink had its demands and expectations, Riki reminded himself. And the said expectations included standing by his beloved’s side wherever Neu-Jupiter decides to enthrone himself.

As he landed to be tended to by his waiting Nurse, Riki could only make assumptions. Something that was both the feeling of excitement and the subtle murmurs of dread hung loosely at the back of his mind.

He could not shake either of them off.


Last minute shipments were almost always common in the Underground where Norris now belonged. Such as the one he was checking off the slate of a current carrier that was going for some deep-space travel east of the cosmos.

Luxury goods. Branded toys for the wealthy. Pets. Who knew the demand still remained grand for such, and he’s seen plenty, experienced just as many, especially after Riki’s ascension. A trend that’s seen to never run out of fashion. And so it shall be in eons to come as long as Neu-Jupiter stands.

But mind you, Norris was now tired of it. 

Something he only wished for back in their days in the Slums, but now could not stand the sight of most occasions. Being the sort of purveyor made them readily available, and there was this mixed emotion of awe and dread that formed in his head at the thought of it. 

Somewhat the reason why he was already exhausted of them all, just wanting to finish his shift and go home to some much needed rest.

‘Norris. The A Containment has arrived at Galeo. It’s boarding the airships as we speak,’ someone suddenly spoke into his earpiece that the mongrel could only mentally sigh about. He gave it a blank nod in response. “Good. On schedule for later.”

The communication terminated and finally, Norris did actually sigh out loud, inhaling as he sat down one moment to stare at the open sky from above a stack of sterile boxes.

Gray and somber. Like the mood of a funeral? Did it rain when their friend died? He doesn’t recall. 

What he does recall was the same sad, solemn, numbing feeling.

And a certain guilt because he knew too much now to ever go back.

“Is it wrong?” Who was he asking? He’s honestly been troubled the last few.

That day he found out about Riki’s accident , he had been worried sick, uncertain of the details yet in fear for his friend and former Captain no doubt. 

But then Katze led him to some storage unit where they usually kept the live merchandise hidden before moving them, and he was no doubt confused. 

“Boss…”

The Scarface made a dismissive gesture that asked him for nothing but compliance, to follow where he was leading them down the barely lit and undoubtedly freezing corridors.

Norris blew air past his lips, and dragged his palms over his bare arms for a moment, before venturing where Katze was headed to. He noticed this was one of those deeper mine of compartments. One which extended three floors below in rows and columns of cryo chambers. Some for pets. Some for war mammoths.

But why here?

Norris was curious, suppressing the urge to sneeze as Katze gestured over the rails towards a clearly separated set of large containment units. One that could carry at least a few hundreds. And he could see another. And another. And others down the line of the expansive freezer as if there was no end to them.

“These will go to Galeo. A confidential shipment for the Defense Department in the next days. 

“I need the entire hold cleared,” that cigarette smoke that blew past his superior’s lips looked like a ghost in this cold. As Norris himself shivered, looking up to see this in time, and seeing how Katze seemed perfectly at home in the picture.

The man was simply ice. And that was in itself frightening.

Norris inquired, somewhat cautiously, “You haven’t told me about Riki. Is he all right?”

This was the first time during their whole walk that the Exclusive was again mentioned. Yet Katze appeared still unwilling to divulge the details that could have put the other mongrel’s mind at ease. 

As for Norris, he wanted to ask once more. He wanted to persist but the Underground Broker silenced him with a question: “What can you do for love, Norris?” and that frankly caught him off guard that he stammered, not knowing what to say regarding something so utterly random thrown his way.

“I don’t follow-”

Katze audibly groaned, or did Norris imagine it? Things echoed strangely down here.

But now the other seemed to have turned his attention towards the enormous endeavor before him. Not that this was not doable. He’s managed larger matters even single-handedly in his tenure as the Underground’s top handler. It was just that the cargo bore weight and significance.

Not the actual measure but the repercussions this may bring.

What if Iason started something he cannot inevitably control because of this? He could only hope, yes, hope that the mighty Neu-Jupiter knew what he was doing.

Especially as Norris asked the correct question this time, “What…what are these Boss Katze?

“And why Galeo Hub?”

Why indeed?

He would not answer that second query. But he did respond to the first.

“This is a shipment of war pets. Specifically, feral Red Harpies.”

Norris paused at that, and his expression shifted between mulling over to curious then, as someone that’s known the vengeance in the Slums that was always an Eye for an Eye eversince, finally realized the staggering and quite shocking truth before him.

The Underground Broker could not be serious!

But when the other mongrel turned, his face bore the same lack of expression. He was the Subarctic Scarface through and through, making Norris finally decide that he is indeed scared of his superior more than he'll ever care to admit.

Things were now heading a more ruthless route.

For good or bad, it was anyone's guess.


Riki isn’t particularly fond of the tight suits that have encased his being since his marriage to Iason Mink and taking on his last name. 

As a matter of fact, it felt wholly strange how conservative the garb entirely looked on him. It did show off his form, the curves evident down to a T, but he feels awkward looking at himself in the mirror at times.

With that shortened hair and even the lack of revealing skin, he seemed to be a figure staggering between the lines, feeling like a figment of some detached reality that was his and not at the same time.

What was he? Not a mongrel pet. Not an exact elite born within Tanagura either that's been nursed in these sterile halls.

If technicalities were to be honestly questioned, he was more Venus that's risen from the hardened ashes of Dana Bhan. The results of the whim of an expiring god. 

A curious phoenix born of that deafening death that just felt particularly strange at these thoughts he's been having.

“Turn this way, Master.”

Now he was being suited up once more in the fineries of his assigned standing, and rather gloriously, in a silver that was not his colour but that which Iason had chosen for him. 

A rather dashing bodysuit that spiraled over his body in a conundrum of swept feathers, leaving only his arms bare for the bracelets, armlets and rings that the Triplets decided for their decor.

Not even the Jupiter Mark was to be displayed. 

His wings however would be, in significant fashion and prominence, as proof and indication that both the Jupiters of Tanagura were well and all was united and at peace in the world.

The reason as to why Iason chose to be in black in reverse to his colour? 

Riki mused at the significance. Of all this as well as the occasion, as Katron raised his hands to lower the diadem that would decorate his head, his hair slicked back in the signature style now known of him to everyone.

The said diadem consisted of a singular and solid, nearly-vanta black colour of a gem, probably costing a string of planets to be honest, considering it was imported by Iason Mink himself.

Riki then had a thought, seeing the tips of his hairs now nearly touching his shoulders: 

“Maybe I should grow my hair out?” he was asking himself and not anyone else present in the room.

The Triplets paused briefly.

Then they seemed to share a collective little smile before resuming their duties of trimming and lacing him up further, Katron being the one to have a ready response to that even if he was aware that it was just the Pet's own self-query, “I do not see why you cannot, Master.”


Katze was somewhere, taking the call from Norris that the shipment had been carried out as scheduled with much to spare, itching to take out another stick of his deadly cigarette but just as impulsively shunning it, feeling nerves rise even as he's suppressed them.

Indeed he was treating the matter with an even more unusual calm, because his mind wandered to the truth about what was to happen later today.

He was not an untainted soul. He's known the horrors of the organ farms, the experimentations, the other deeds he's been seen carrying out on a day-to-day basis in the name of his Master. Enough that what was to happen today should come as no surprise. But he was feeling the contention within himself, and he wondered when he'd at least begin to be so conflicted.

This was his Master's revenge. He expected it, and prepared for it. But why was his conscience nagging now?

"No one would survive this night," Katze spoke out loud within the quiet confines of his office, finally reaching for that stick of cigarette and lighting it for a huff.

He resigned himself to the silence.

He was not to falter. He was not to question the ethical dilemmas that the events today would present. Never before, never now.

He did however pray Riki survives it. That despite becoming witness to what was to happen later, the Exclusive would not be too disillusioned.

They didn't need another death of Jupiter in any form.


His trip to the venue had been standard as standard of an Exclusive should be. The bevy of guards, the escort in arms, the drones, ships, many others that Riki did not keep up with in memory as it appeared tedious to. 

Though it did bring back the earlier nag of sensations that could not help but make him feel trapped. 

He was aware of his gilded cage but, right now, as he sat there by himself in the costume chosen for him, with his Nurse, and all the precautions drifting outside of them, he was made aware of just how small this world is again.

'Iason where are you?' a lamentation but perhaps it was just that. A longing that's making him desperately incomplete?

For fact, he hasn't seen Iason since yesterday. Maybe that was his real concern? He just felt lovesick?

Riki looked outside.

He noticed the path by which they were gliding to, all too familiar because it was where his beloved brought him the first time, when Galeo Hub began construction. Also the same place he crash landed upon only recently with nearly irreparable damages.

They were going towards the district of the aerospace ports. The venue was on an airship of massive proportions, only told him when the air car finally lifted and they were on their way.

But why there? Riki wondered. Why not at the usual venues for celebrations of this sort?

"Master? Are you all right?"

Riki could only give Katron a subtle nod, breathing in as if he'd paused for so long that he forgot the mere act of it. He tried his best to smile but that failed. So he didn't deny the mixed expressions on his face.

"I'm worried," he wanted to tell his Nurse, but the smooth stop indicating that they've arrived, followed by a careful descent to earth  had cut him off before he could even mouth it.

Katron immediately bolted through the door, telling his charge to stay in the car for the meantime as the Furniture double-checked on the security perimeter.

Riki could tell there was a veritable audience gathered, although based on the way their Aircar was parked, at this distance, he was unsure just how many.

At least he caught sight of the golden transport he knew to be Iason's so his heart fluttered to his ears. Then it was a heady drum of heartbeats as he realized he was right.

Katrice and Kantre, both of whom had vanished earlier after they'd dressed him, now stepped out of the other vehicle, greeting their brother with approving nods as they did their routine check of the surroundings and each other.

They were a marvel in themselves. A perfect creation of the new era known as that of the Neu-Couple, and Riki frowned somewhat at the idea.

Perfection. These were not mongrel youths castrated from Guardian. These were created eunuchs that did their job better than other Furniture and a reminder of how different the world is now.

"Master Riki," for a moment, the Exclusive spaced out, staring only at the red gloved hand offered him by his Nurse. 

But eventually, as if practiced, or conditioned into him, Riki took the gesture and stepped out with assistance. His costume trained behind and needed some maneuvering to get out of the confines.

Once out, the collective gasp and exclamations of adoration swept through the crowd, as Riki stood there, wings and beauty and all displayed, and now had a glance of the waiting congress that was here to greet them.

The carpet laid out was black as night, Riki a contrast to it with his silver ensemble. And ahead of the peering crowd stood the noticeable line of Blondies with their pets, ravens for the occasion, knelt, on leash, at their feet.

Overwhelming.

All this time he'd been part of Tanagura, he had seen this setup before surely. Has even been in attendance at grander occasions, like his recent wedding, who would forget? But why was he suddenly feeling like he was drowning in a mess of emotions? He felt faint and falling, heavy with this unknown burden .

But thankfully, a strong set of arms had stopped him from truly keeling over. 

Riki looked up.

It was Iason. He was here as the Exclusive’s pillar of support, and, all the reservations and doubts suddenly disappeared at his presence.

“Ia-” Riki paused as his Blondie’s backhand touched his forehead.

Even through the gloves, their skins seemed to meld and tingle. Some deep connection this was. Their eyes met and had not left each other. Neither did one another wish to part from the embrace they had locked themselves into for now. 

As if they had been separated for that long and were only seeing each other. 

Neu-Jupiter  had the look of concern as he asked: “Are you ill, my love?”

Riki immediately shook his head.

He was, he admitted, earlier. Yet at Iason Mink’s arrival, all the tension in the air left him like a fleeting cloud. Did he imagine it?

“I can continue,” said Riki, giving his best smile up to his dearest. Only then did he notice how impeccable his Emperor looked in his opposing coloured garb. Once again, the handiwork of the Triplets that outdid everything else.

They matched in this contrast. Except for the few small details of ornaments and jewels. There was also the matter of wings. For Neu-Jupiter was finally wearing his pair of azure ones out. Threaded by the same diamonds that Riki was accustomed to on his being.

It looked like a massive cape, given the way the Blondie was folding it behind his back like a moth would.

For security certainly? Riki had reason to believe this was part of his Man’s pursuit at safeguarding the current status quo. After the incident, everyone was being extremely careful. Iason non-exempt. But was this all necessary?

He’d ponder this all later.

Neu-Jupiter had already extended that hand, the expression on his face stating likewise the questions: to move forward or not? It was up to Riki Mink. If he wanted to go through with this night, all he had to do was take Iason’s hand.

What a silly notion. Why did Riki even pause?

Of course he took that hand, and allowed himself to be moved onward.


Well the atmosphere drastically changed as the Jupiter Couple moved down the aisle. As security encased the area with a venerable circle of defense that not even a gnat could squeeze through, only giving space enough for the attendees.

The venue itself was impressive before them. The party was to happen aboard a behemoth ship that was the pride of Tanaguran advancements after all, the latest and greatest. Bigger than the Exclusive had in mind and staggering, imposing with its design.

But as usual, Iason and Riki Mink stole the spotlight.

The whisperings were like the murmurings of the near Ocean, some anticipating tide washing over with a frenzy that the elites and guests allowed to wash among their ranks. As the Jupiter Couple eased forward, the Lord of the Realm proudly bearing and directing his beloved Exclusive by a hand. 

“The venue’s here?” Riki did ask, finally having the right company to answer the question.

To which Iason responded, gently, “Yes. All of those who matter in Tanagura and beyond will be here.”

Neu-Jupiter nodded, the Triplets trailing behind to make sure nothing was caught in the way, faithful as always to their duties as stellar Furniture, beautiful like the rest of their House in their blood-red formals, catering to the black and silver of their Masters. Both of whom continued to chatter in private voices despite being in the midst of such an adoring crowd.

“You're taking this ego trip very seriously,” Riki was at least back in a quipping mood.

Iason chuckled. “Is it wrong that I want my Beloved to be in full bloom today?

“I, for one, do not just want to stand out ,” the already mighty Iason Mink added. “I want to be envied .”

The Exclusive did laugh this time. A small ring that made others wonder what the conversation was all about between the two.

“You’re hopeless.”

“And you’re the only one in this entire world who can talk like that to a Blondie,” he lifted that hand to place upon it a sweet peck. “It’s a rather disarming quality of yours. Even Raoul gets unnerved by it.

“Keep that a secret,” Neu-Jupiter jested with a sly and quick wink.

Speaking of which, they were approaching the line of other Blondies now. The pets in reverence looked so small despite their beauties flaunting.

None could be like Riki. He was his own star and it had always shone brighter. Just as with many things that Iason had intended.

And the night has not even started…

Chapter 85

Notes:

Hi everyone!
If you've noticed, a new pseud has been added into this AO3 account.
That'd be mine ehe.
I'm Yuri, the NINTH, heiress apparent to the Numbered Demoness name, and will be taking over my predecessor, the Eighth's works.
I hope I can make them proud. Got some huge heels to fill.
Also, I'll be in your care. (n_n)

Chapter Text

To the eyes of those in attendance, it was another spectacle. Something Iason Mink himself aimed to no doubt promulgate, Riki passing onlookers by as he flexed his wings a little, the gem-work in them catching the light appearing like an illusion.

The whispers no doubt started early before he had arrived, the life of the Jupiter Couple a common source of intrigue among the lower, more so the upper classes of the Capital, especially following the still unconfirmed rumours that the Exclusive was harmed at the crashing of that rather expensive and quite prominently-owned starship.

"It had almost been a tragedy," one voice oozed with a want to know in the background somewhere, the trademark signature of a professional gossip. "But the Exclusive looks to be in better shape?"

Indeed. Riki was seen smiling as he took his beloved's offer of a hand to guide him forward on that black carpet.

"But you know he is made differently following the old god's design," echoed yet another from the crowd, someone sounding as if he or she belonged to the more knowledgeable of the guests present. "And is it not the trend among the Blondies to be in possession of raven-haired pets as of late?"

Riki’s ears seemed to catch that voiced curiosity atop everyone else's murmurings. True enough, as he passed the row of elites, and as Iason himself stopped for some casual talk with this or that Brother of his, all the Exclusive could notice were dark heads. Silk skin and black hair. 

When it seemed impossible before to create the accident and anomaly that was himself in the Slums, a true onyx in the dumps, at the moment, it appears as if all that cloning and bioengineering has now gone far in the advancement of recreating pets such as he was.

Except these weren't him. They were still aeons below his rank, and Riki reminded himself that he was irreplaceable. Although he was uneasy seeing so many black-haired beauties. The Academy is trying to emulate him. 

But the System assured him with a hum. He wasn't being threatened, but rather must feel safest in the arms of the Man who held him this closely, kissing his temple for a moment before they walked on again.

More vehicles descended. A throng of dolled up patrons flock to board, only kept at bay by the bevy of guards and layers of check and security who refused to let up, especially as the Jupiter Couple continued forward, ahead of everyone into the hold. Followed only by the Triplets, then the Blondies, their pets on their leashes, their attendants, and more security.

“I can’t seem to shake the notion that there’s something you’re not telling me,” Riki voiced once there was silence, and just them again.

Iason gave him a bare smile. “What’s there not to tell? If you doubt me, you can always link into the System and share in my thoughts,” he challenged.

The Exclusive thought about it for a bit, then simply crossed his arms over his chest and scoffed with a frown: “I’m not one for such complications” which was far from untrue.

Iason just laughed, knowing well how to win in their little banters when needed. He was in an unbelievably grand mood. 

So grand in fact that it seemed scary.


As expected of a Tanaguran-created event.

Though not as grand as the event most now dubbed as the 'Jupiter Marriage', this one was by no means a smaller feat. Especially as it was done inside the confines of a ship, one similar or very closely akin to that which Riki had the accident in.

Coincidental circumstances maybe? 

If the Exclusive had time to realise it, then he'll surely shudder. There were already a multitude of clues leading here. Yet with Iason's presence keeping him occupied, he was, for now, likewise lost in the moment.

The Emperor was giving him a personal tour around, Orpheus Zavi having joined them to explain the dazzling display that they were now looking at.

"The upper classes had knighted this artist as the Vanguard of Opulence," the other Blondie was saying, gesturing to the rather massive pillar-like installations that artfully decked the inside of the venue. They were clear glass, like the tubes used in Raoul's laboratories that made inside contents visible. 

These ones held in them stars and a scattering of galaxies seemingly trapped by mortal hands. "The feat was achieved through the heating of certain innate gases. They were all tested harmless, hence these lovely decorations can be admired by anyone safely."

And admire was what the Jupiter Couple did exactly. Such ingenuity must not be wasted without appreciation, as the arts had become staple in theirs and, by extension, their world's.

In Tanagura, art has also had its revolution. It had become its own movement thanks to the lead that Iason Mink had taken. After he resumed the Throne the old Jupiter voided, he became rather eclectic in his tastes, then suddenly Avant Garde, then immediately a super creative that showed people just how the sterile, yes, boorish world normalised by machine before can be made anew.

Thus free-thinkers followed suit. Artists and innovative dreamers were suddenly born, and the Capital had acquired a new taste that made the economy flourish further. The acquisitions markets were seeing a lucrative demand beyond their usual minimalistic needs.

Paintings were commissioned, art masters became common necessities, auctions for antiques and other similar luxuries. 

Pets and in extension Furniture were no longer the only decorations in the home of elites. The home itself needed to reflect an equal beauty on its own, as in the example of Iason Mink.

Though all these Neu-Jupiter owed to his Exclusive and beloved first.

"Does it please you, my love?" The Top Blondie asked.

Riki inched closer and subtly leaned a head upon that shoulder. "What's here that isn't to my pleasure?" He spoke, as the starlight mimicked within the glass reflected in his obsidian eyes, where the glimmer made its own home. 

Iason could only be too protective of that smile, and it reminded him of the reasons today’s festivities existed.

The usual patrons present, the showcasing of newer pets had begun long before the hosts even announced them. The music had long risen and were greeting the guests to a surreal cacophony that sounded as if they were permeating through the very walls themselves. It was ethereal. 

And on shell beds the other pets were getting on with their displays.

The Platinas were in full force today, and were admiring the black-haired pets that the Blondies have been sporting. 

“It’s the latest sign of being among the Elite of Elites,” the crowd was overheard talking, yet paused as Iason and his Exclusive passed them by, a pair regal as always, slight acknowledgements given as the lower colour likewise gave them both respect.

They continued to discuss once the Lovers had moved forward to their seats, the Pet’s train picked up by the Furniture as carefully as Neu-Jupiter led him to their table.

“How true is it that pets of that hair shade were utterly tedious to breed?” a dignitary from some newly-formed interstellar coalition quizzed, obviously thinking of the value a similar acquisition would add to his status as everyone else was interested to find out.

A Ruby provided him the answer. “Tedious is an understatement,” but paused yet again, eyeing a Blondie who’s likewise made his entrance to meet with his Brothers in discussion at the very centre of the ballroom. “Although the talented Blondie Raoul Ma has already overcome the difficulties, it was said to have been an uphill battle all the time.”

Everyone agreed with a shared sentiment. It was common knowledge now that Riki existing even in the Slums was a rarity in itself, for nothing, not even an Onyx elite could be born with such staggering darkness. 

Recreating him was impossible, and, although these black-haired breeds of Pets have now come into reality, the obvious was undeniable: they still can’t even match the Exclusive in any feature.

“They sold these specialty breeds at the Auction last time. My, there were only three of them...all so beautiful. 

“Such absolute dolls!”


It had taken a while for the massive gathering to board the ship, but finally, at the third hour, the luxury transport had begun its ascent, followed by a retinue of other ships, an impressive fleet that rivalled any other the Capital possessed. 

Within, the party as well began in earnest, the Pets busier than ever, doting their Masters' feet or putting on shows of the usual debauchery that Riki was tired of, therefore ignored. 

They've finally found a way to make it all seem artful with the use of aesthetic designs and setting manipulation, but well, it wasn't anything he'd never seen before.

The Exclusive has learned to tune it out by now, and remained where Iason has left him, looking out of the vast windows to the Ocean outside as the ship moved over it gracefully.

Something still nagged at him at the back of his head, now that he was left his peace. He has that sinking feeling inside again, and it could just be him, but was it getting all the more progressively worse by the minute?

Iason noticed Riki’s saddened expression, embracing him gently and pressing another kiss to his temple, one too many to count by now. These moments felt surreal, the world getting reduced to just them both at Iason’s touch.

“What ails my Pet? I thought you loved the thrill of flight?”

Neu-Jupiter looked at the dark, silent outside that Riki had fixed his sights onto, a reflection of the festivities on the glass but they were looking past that. Beyond them was the moon that was gently rising.

When did night come?

The Exclusive sighed: “Never in gilded cages, I don’t.”

He’s always maintained this mindset, always never forgetting the difference between his and Iason’s concept of freedom. It was frustrating how the Jupiter of old had changed as much in him yet retained so much of him at the same time.

“Your rebellion is really upsetting, and unsettlingly attractive,” the Top Blondie admitted, bestowing that exposed neck the same kiss but pressing down hard enough to mark, whispering closely that it made Riki shudder. “Outside would be a place you would not prefer at the moment.”

“And why’s that? You knew I always suffocated in your glass palaces,” Riki had to turn and peer at him, pouting slightly, the both of them meaning something else with their sentiments yet only Iason knew the full truth.

Only Iason had ulterior motives over all this.

“I love you. Please don’t be so difficult,” he held him a little longer in his embrace. “I’m celebrating today.”

“Why?”

As if on schedule, Raoul came to interrupt the moment, clearing his throat briefly before stating, “Iason, three minutes until we’re there.”

Neu-Jupiter only nodded at that, instead opting to answer Riki, “You’ll see…”

The Exclusive was curious as he was led off once again, something about that sly smile the Top Blondie gave him as they moved through the crowd, to a part of the ship, a seeming stage that was raised and held a view grandly faced towards the front of the vessel. As if Iason was to show him something beyond them, the question of what making Riki feel curiouser.

Gideon and the Blondies were in high spirits, “Iason! Aren’t you supposed to be making a toast?”

Iason laughed with them, proudly snaking an arm around his Exclusive’s waist. Two glass flutes of a bloody shade were checked and handed to them both by Katron, bending in a slight bow as he eased aside to join his brothers quietly.

“Ah yes…” Iason started, chuckling, easily elated. “My gratitude to all who’ve come to join us on this flight. I am actually celebrating an anniversary today, a day that I want you all to mark as the day most important to me...”

He looked at his Exclusive, the gleam in his eye rather apparent in this light, of knowledge and mischief and love. 

“Pet…” that word was no longer anything derogatory to Riki, but a harmless, more meaningful endearment whispered to him, that the Exclusive shook his head at.

“What are you saying?” Riki chuckled as Iason made the salute. 

The Top Blondie declared, “Four years....” and only then did the other understand. “To Jupiter, to prosperity, and to immortal years!”

Everyone raised their glasses in toast, the cheers rising as the mood became one, as outside the other accompanying ships moved into formation. Something Riki had not noticed the menace of, nor was he aware as to what they were approaching now.  

Instead he whispered to his beloved, “So that’s the occasion?” begging Iason to clarify, “Four years to this day, you became mine.”

Riki saw the humour in all this suddenly, playfully bemoaning the fact as he touched his head to his Blondie’s, entirely blinded of what was to come, encouraged by the high morale, the upbeat energy and undeterred gaiety around them to be drowned in the moment.

“More like kidnapped and coerced to be your Pet. I can’t believe you celebrate that,” he laughed, stealing a kiss from Iason in his euphoria, meeting those eyes that never left in their gaze of him. “I can’t make up my mind if your sense of humour is just as weird or as vile as the rest of your Brethren.”

The answer had to wait, as an announcement suddenly cut the merrymaking, Riki’s ears only now catching the message:

[ Warning destination reached. Warning destination reached. ]

The Exclusive’s brows furrowed at that. Where were they really off to in this vast Ocean? There was nothing for miles here…

He looked to Iason who merely smiled as he turned to everyone again, keeping Riki close, “And now, ladies and gentlemen… 

“...a show of power!”

Without further dallying, Riki was guided by the Man back to their front row seat, the Top Blondie gesturing before him at something.

At first, the Pet could not figure out what it was he was supposed to see, merely clouds and billowing fog ahead that's thick enough to slice through. It was not until he saw the outline of a familiar vessel that he paused, no, rather gaped.

Was that not...the independent city state of Kryon? He couldn’t be mistaken as he’d seen this silhouette before. It was one and the same, without a doubt, and unconsciously, albeit Iason had noticed, Riki tensed.

Was it a matter of trauma? What was his Exclusive recalling? Neu-Jupiter could only keep him in that embrace, a remembrance of how the enemy before him had almost robbed him of this life he held so dear.

Tonight was for retribution. And because he promised that, for whatever injuries done to Riki, he as the god of Tanagura would seek recompense a hundredfold.

Chapter 86: 86

Notes:

All right. Let's restart, shall we?
After this, I'll be going through the previous post's comments to personally thank and respond to everyone who has given me, and my Predecessor, the Eighth, their kind words. She has yet to check back with me, but I'll update you. I don't think she has been online for a while, although that isn't such a bad thing really.
Now, to ensure I can keep track of this story, and perhaps to also give myself a refresher on the matter, I'll post shorter chapters. Because to be honest, Cinco was supposedly going to be made up of minimum 1000 words (that's per chapter) in its conception. If anyone has noticed its first few chapters, chapter one in particular, was actually just 1012 words long. Yet, as the Eighth enjoyed writing her fic, she gradually picked up the count.
I'm reverting to the older formula, that way, I can match the original intent, and so I could perhaps pace it for myself. I think a chapter every other week is doable, or once a month, as I also have work and other stories I write on the side (still figuring out how to market them, ehe).
Anyway, I hope you enjoy today's update. Thoughts and comments are appreciated.
For details on Eighth's kofi, just email me personally. Thank you for waiting! n_n

Chapter Text

If this had been Iason's idea of a cruel jest, or even some manner of entertainment, Riki reacted with the same level of shock towards it, those dark eyes, rivalled only by the skies outside and the space above, staring widely at what was happening before him, thoughts in utter disbelief, finally -finally!- aware as to what all of this in reality was!

That sensation he's been feeling. That terrible inkling that he could not shake nor put a finger on since before, all culminating into what seemed like a terrible nightmare, as if that being he once read from the dataslates, Ephialtes, had personally come to induce this mess.

When the lights within their vessel blinked its warnings, as the shields outside raised to briefly appear a purplish sphere surrounding their transport then fading clear, when the escorting airships, found to be more armed than the Exclusive had realized, did the same as they throttled ahead, only then did the Pet knew something horrific was bound to happen.

He should have guessed, no, he should have checked the System for clues!

Then, he could've prevented it. Perhaps he could have prevented this! Yet could he really have?

How would you describe diluvium?

For Riki it was the horror, the emotions churning at the pit of his stomach making him sick as he witnessed what Iason earlier declared to be his 'show of power '. 

And as he glanced up at the Blondie, he realised how unbothered Iason Mink was. Neu-Jupiter merely keeping his Exclusive in his arms, staring blankly ahead, not saying a word even as Riki shifted in his embrace, pushed lightly against him.

Even as the hatches of thousands of War-Grade Harpies were opened to release these monstrosities into screeching life, the seeming hive eclipsing even the moon, producing this most appalling sound that Orpheus immediately ordered to be muted from the monitoring so as to not scare any guests and the other pets present. As the music once more changed to the synthesized orchestra that rose and fell with the motions of this surreal ambiance in the backdrop. It was somewhat negligible. 

They watched the intent on Kryon all unfold in its silence, as within, it had all reverted to the personal atmosphere of the venue, back to its pageantry, its hums and lulls.

Despite the outside to become its own banquet of anarchy and distress, the horde of these creatures having taken their maiden flight, now set on a path for their first night on the hunt, their first taste of blood in initiation...

The crowds inside their vessel voiced their approval, as if this did not at all bother them, congratulating every Blondie for the achievement. Buzzing enthusiastically about already putting in orders for the weapons, even as Iason kept his distance, his indomitable peace, the Emperor with his back turned to everyone, securing Riki where he was likewise, having the sense that the latter could rebel at what was taking place.

And it was in this way that the attack began. 

Riki watched, deaf to what was around him, in stun still, as it happened. The Exclusive tried to shift once more, both in sudden unease and the instant, sickening dread that immediately followed.

He could have screamed! He would have ran away! He wanted to- He wanted to get away desperately…yet Iason held him to that spot, like some strong and immovable wall surrounding him, one that knew what power he had over his Pet, asserting it now despite the lack of words, or any other motions.

He also knew what power he had on the world, and simply displayed for all to see how he never shunned to use it where he thought it necessary.


The party was still ongoing when he had wretched himself away, the gathering and their wiles winding into the elegant disorder it has become accustomed to, with a very slow, amiable cruise back to Tanagura, the elites not yet tired of having feasted on so much wine, on so much pleasure, and on so much carnage for the night.

Not Riki.

The night was over for him the moment the Harpies reached poor Kryon, in the form of a mighty infestation that swarmed relentlessly onto the husk that was the independent city-state, or used to be, ripping it to pieces as if the fortifications of metal and steel were no more than eggshells, with the aim to get to the populace within.

Gods, he felt revulsed just remembering!

And for a moment, he seemed to almost regurgitate the contents of his own stomach, before his body reminded him how there was none to be disgorged. He'd lost the appetite and had actually not eaten anything in his shock. How could he feast like the rest when he saw the fate of so many countless lives lost in one sitting?!

He was made to see it, as people struggled, Kryon activating its systems a little too late as whoever was at the helm of the offensive -if it were a Blondie, that would not come at all as a surprise- most certainly picked at the vulnerabilities of the floating fortress first and directed the Harpies there!

Riki knew what specific targeting looked like. And with the manner by which elite brains could calculate faster and stronger than normal humanity could, accuracy was second nature. Kryon was not even able to put its shields up! The few barriers that met the angry talons and menace of wings gave way with ease under their crushing force. As the fortress was pulled asunder; it seemed particularly helpless.

Then he heard murmurings about sabotage before he was likewise steered away from it. So there might have been an inside job? He wouldn’t put it past Iason. He wouldn’t even have put it past himself back in Bison if this was a war he’d supported...

He did not.

It was true he could seek vengeance, as customary to the Slums, yet, he was not one to doom the entire flock for the sins of a select few. That did not bode well with his principles to kill even the innocents!

Riki fell against the clean wall now, staggered by a mix of emotions crashing, eyes blurred with a warmth he could not hold back.

The crowds, the presence of these hordes of unconscientious masses, even the clothes he had on was nauseating. Enough that when he was finally let go, he stumbled towards their assigned room, very much fazed, confused, retracting his beautiful wings in an unconscious attempt to feel himself, to feel any semblance of normalcy, as he cupped his hands over his mouth to pipe down his hapless wails.

Iason sought his own brand of justice. And everyone watched it in all its glory as this mighty grudge erupted in its entirety, Riki's mind once more rendering for him the images of the horrors that the people of Kryon have certainly experienced before their last breaths.

As explosions coloured the darkness here and there, as the fleet’s own offensive launched, mostly failing to deploy, a little too late and caught in the moment, met and overwhelmed by the layers of writhing, merciless Harpies.

The closest the Kryon ships got to them was within a few hundred metres or so, before they were ruthlessly gunned down in a crossfire of lasers from the escorts picking the stray of the bunch.

As Droids were taking no prisoners from among the survivors, even those that fell into the water. As something else could be in the waters themselves- the mental picture of the mermaids a real possibility to the Exclusive that time.

There were fleeing crafts that didn’t appear to fire back. He assumed those must be the civilians in their desperate escape. Yet even those were not spared, were they!

“I want nothing,” Iason had declared coldly to his waiting Brethren, and the order was carried out with no trace of remorse, the armada that had accompanied them making sharp turns in pursuit to destroy the said aircrafts and drown them neath the dark waves.

The downside of Kryon’s decision to become a Nation all the way out here in the Ocean had likewise become its downfall. The thing is, you can relax your defenses when out here since you were under the impression that none can seek to disrupt you where you are.

Yet it was also true that whatever happened to them here, no one would truly know the better of. And, having already been disconnected from the rest of their world, they could not really expect mercy to come from Tanagura either. 

They were much like his home, the Slums, only...they were dispensable.

Iason put no value on the heads of Kryon's people.

Riki could not be their saviour, nor could he plead their case upon Neu-Jupiter's feet!

No one would hear the inevitable screams, see the agony as people were dragged out, lifted, flown higher up...only to be torn or devoured while they fought for survival under the moonlight. 

It was indiscriminate. Iason’s bitter wrath became indiscriminate, visibly fierce even as the quiet of their transport tried to mask the unmistakable view of Harpies swarming, tearing limbs apart, pulling until the bones gave way, the blood spilt as rain, only for the broken bodies to be thrown and discarded in crumpled heaps that will never be recovered, nor accounted for, in these waters.

The Exclusive could imagine. From where he was, sheltered in their fleet, far from the very heart of the chaos.

His soul wept, as he now wept.

He was only thankful he could not see it as closely, as clearly, these lives that were gone just like that, the lights of Kryon dying long before that could illuminate what had fast become of the city-state in those hours, no, in those very few minutes alone...no man, woman or child became safe. 

It was a calculated extermination.

The price Kryon had to pay for a broken wing.


“Riki.”

The voice felt all too cold, its familiarity digging its talons through his consciousness and the Pet shuddered, making him suddenly whip around to find the Man standing there. The top Blondie had caught up to him undetected.

“Riki,” Iason repeated, the expression on his face dashingly calm, serene, in direct opposition to how ill and pale the Exclusive’s must have been, the streaks left by tears on his cheeks catching the cold of the room and leaving their impressions like scars.

For a while, the Exclusive seemed to pause, not even showing signs of breathing, until he appeared to have regained the ability to inhale once more. With that, he reanimated, as if he were a statue come to life at midnight. 

Riki noticed Katron was likewise there, but the Alpha of their Trinity was no longer looking at him, Iason dismissing the other for the evening, the obedient Furniture stepping back with a bow before turning away, taking his leave as swiftly that Riki could say no more after him. 

How Riki wished his Nurse remained. Somehow, a primal and quite strange feeling in him stirred while alone in the presence of the top Blondie. This proximity was not welcoming, as a matter of fact, it drew from in him a certain forgotten worry -ah no, that was not it, rather, it was...fear.

And in that instance he remembered just who it was that stood there before him, the Emperor of an apathetic nation capable of destroying anything that did not conform to his whims, harrying those who hurt what he treasured most.

“What ails my love?” came the inevitable question, Iason without his serving Furniture divesting himself of the outer layers of his costume for the night, discarding them over the massive nearby seat.

When they’d walked in after the Pet, they had noticed the many articles of clothing strewn across the corridor leading here. The Trinity were quick to tidy those up, thinking Riki must have stripped down on his way in, as indeed he has. 

He stood there wingless with only the thinner under-suit of his costume that night, a look on his face as if he'd seen a ghost now that his Master had found him.

Iason knew this reaction was inevitable, yet he himself firmly believed that he's done nothing wrong. His response was warranted given the severity of the crime, was it not? Kryon should have seen it coming.

Their failure to survive tonight was entirely due to their lack of contingencies as well, their lack of sense. Tanagura, Iason Mink directly, should not be faulted for coming into the conflict prepared.

"Your silence is not becoming of you," the top Blondie took a step forward, and Riki visibly backpedaled.

His face contorted, features darkening with a deep sort of disgust or other negative emotion Neu-Jupiter could easily read, knowing well what had transpired in the short span of time they parted ways.

That was before Riki's words burst forth, giving voice to the sentiments he had been harbouring all this time:

"You threw the city-state into the Ocean! 

"And you had its human contents fed to the harpies!

"Iason what have you done…" and he turned up to him with that pained expression, betrayed, eyes in their beautiful darkness misting over as a few tears gave way. His voice croaked with the emotions. "If that was your way to celebrate my becoming your Pet, it was sick!"

The corner of the Man's lips curled into a frown as these were spat in his face. Though he was likewise confused; did he misunderstood something?

Or rather his interpretation was different from what his Exclusive failed to comprehend. Something which made a heat rise to his face as he bridged the distance between them and grabbed his Riki by his wrist.

"Let me go!" As that grip tightened, Iason let the Pet's words hang in the air, staring blankly at the tormented yet still gorgeous face before him.

Was it not the rule of the Slums, an eye for an eye? Well, he merely gouged his share; managing to kill his targets after was but an additional outcome, an unavoidable result.

He, as the lover of Riki, the other born of such harsher rules governing that part of Tanagura, was only exacting his part.

He has done no wrong

"There's nothing mad about taking what is mine," when Neu-Jupiter said that, pulling Riki close to him to whisper the line into his ear, they came out almost predatory, dangerous.

The Pet struggled, pushing against him, only the gesture drew him closer to his Master instead, to the kiss he felt pressed against his neck and the inevitable bite making him stutter, shudder once more.

"Let me go… " he spoke up, swallowing the lines that trembled still this time, spoken lowly with a bite to his lip, uneasy in the embrace that once again engulfed his being, at the other hand which snaked over his form. "You’re...scaring me Iason…"

The top Blondie did not know what overcame him. But hearing Riki plead instantly sent him into a frenzy entirely out of his control. As if the aggressiveness in his touch could gently explain his earlier actions.

However Riki was clearly unwilling, battling the seduction that made the top Blondie impatient, angered even.

Neu-Jupiter cast his Exclusive upon their bed where he belonged, letting go all too suddenly that Riki tumbled over helplessly, caught up in the moment that Iason easily pinned him down with his weight alone, straddling to tower over his Exclusive. 

He pulled off his glove, revealing what Riki half dreaded to see at a time like this: the Master's Dark Ring! 

With a twist, Iason threw a jolt so intense between his legs that any ensuing protests died down completely, the sting making the Pet ache and harden at the same time, replacing his would-be verbal slurs with whimpers.

Although Riki still managed his curses to Tanagura's god before him, grabbing at the sheets desperately to distract himself from the tremors the Pet Ring dragged out of his form, his flesh prickling with a surge of sudden heat.

He had forgotten how torturous it could become, this level of anguish something he's never experienced in a long while.

Iason let him have his fill of it in full force, a plague in return for his opposition the entire night. For his seeming defiance that the top Blondie didn't have a place for. As well as the patience to deal with. 

"It’s what Kryon deserves for believing they can get to me through you," he declared acidly, ripping his Pet's thin inner suit as he sought to devour him like those harpies did in a way, easily rendering the body under him naked to his gaze and touch.

What was this expression on Riki's face? The tears that slid as he forced those knees apart and, brandishing the full girth of his length, used it to penetrate his Exclusive without prior warning or preparation.

Riki was not even fully erect of his own accord. Only the sting from the dark Pet Ring aiding to cruelly evince any reaction from his member between.

"S-stop- ahh-" those certainly have fallen to deaf ears as he was pinned down by his wrists now, Iason beginning to move his hips to take his Pet as forcefully as he could which, given his features, having been the most glorified sexaroid of them all before their enthronement, was not at all too difficult.

Riki, knowing nothing but the sweet bliss of his Master's love since waking, forgot the Man was capable of such harrowing torture. As he was capable of forcing himself upon even that which he loved the most.

"You are my Pet..." Neu-Jupiter made certain Riki heard every bit of this fact as he was aware he'd reached far in him in one expert thrust, that involuntary moan and a head thrown back indicating he was certainly grinding hard against his Exclusive's carnal weaknesses, each motion to render the other a more pliant participant.

This may have started in a rape, yet the Blondie knew of ways to turn it to his favour again soon enough.

"I will protect you..." he declared fervently, again, slamming in with the unforgiving force that also hammered that through into Riki's very soul as a Jupiter.

"...whichever way I please."

Chapter 87: 87

Notes:

So here, a whooping 7K+ word chapter. I'm actually thinking about getting a beta myself, although I can do it while still writing. But idk if I can find someone. Maybe I can put it in Discord for a group of people to review before I roll them out? Some things to think about.
Anywho, enjoy. Comments and interactions are all welcome! n_n

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

The sex that had served to culminate the night had been the most intense that Riki's had in a long while.

Iason was true to his intent, crucifying his Exclusive onto their bed, utilizing all the tricks at his disposal to render his lover a powerless mess even before the second hour ticked, making him moan loudly and pant heavily under his weight.

Those hips worked without pause to slam that engorged hardness straight to the hilt, reaching deep into Riki's insides, hitting the most intimate of places, the perfect of fleshy spaces, molding and filling them full which, in turn, sent the Pet reeling every single time.

Pleasure sparks exploded behind tightly-squeezed eyelids as an unending trail of tears likewise slid down the corners, betraying the situation, renewed with every shove the Blondie worked into him.

This was also torture, the punishment Riki was to bear for his defiance that evening, the definition of it as declared by Neu-Jupiter in his infinite wisdom and, similarly, his never-ending confusions about the true meaning of the humanity he now possesses. 

Hence, Riki's been edged, his own hips left thrusting into nothing with his own cock so painfully erect, maneuvered into positions that allowed Iason his access unquestionably, yet no purchase for his Exclusive to cling, hump nor touch himself against.

As he was speared over and over upon his Master's length, he himself was grasping at straws at the near loss of all thought and rebellion, the overstimulation from his nipples down to the very swollen, lightly leaking head of his penis dissolving clarity and reason and anger, if not entirely, by the greater extent.

Iason need not even restrain him the third hour in, letting go of those bruised wrists to leave Riki to atone for his actions on his own. 

Riki who was desperately chasing after his release, riding the top Blondie as if he were mad starved and hungry, begging Neu-Jupiter now to let him go from the influence of the Dark Pet's Ring that only seemed to tighten, making Riki scream, groan so deeply that anyone who could have heard will, without a doubt, conclude he was the most exquisite Pet there ever will be. 

Damn the pale darkness of Raoul's copycat blacks that couldn't even lift a lasknife against the genuine article in the top Blondie’s grips! 

"Now, do you see my reasons?" Neu-Jupiter pressed into his ear dangerously, but what does it matter when Riki's mind was muddled, the sudden nips and a particularly hard bite upon his perked up nipple throwing him over another harsh climax, for it to beautifully surge, only to meet an abrupt end where the tight sting of the Pet Ring bordered his flesh.

"I…can't," he collapsed against the top Blondie with a helpless whimper, trails of sweat running down his back, streaking over the Jupiter Mark at the base of his spine. "Please…I'll do anything … "

However, the torture wasn't enough yet, was it?

Trust Iason Mink to weaponize sex, declaring his verdict still without hesitation, "Again" indicating to Riki, no, commanding him to begin with the motions once more, the abrupt grind up that jolted him out of the haze and ripped another shamelessly deep moan from in him an indication as to what he needed to do.

This repentance was not nearly sufficient enough yet.

Neu-Jupiter was unsatisfied, that, yes, he had taken Riki on his offer of the latter doing anything to appease him, if only to be allowed to cum.

By another hour, Riki was trapped, rubbing his lower half excruciatingly against the top Blondie's leg, as Iason's length was now sheathed into the warmth of his wet, hot mouth, the Pet taking it deeply in impressively, the curve hitting the back of his throat effortlessly.

The look on his face when Iason fisted into his hair to turn him up to meet the ocean of his gaze was such a sight.

The Pet had completely gone pliant, begging around the hardness in his mouth for his relief.

"Will you question me still, my love?"

Ah the irony of those words as Iason pushed him up, off, pulling himself out that sweet suckling with a lewd pop and saliva trails, throwing Riki down upon the bed once more, slamming into his Exclusive's twitching entrance just as severely that it knocked the air out of the other, making Riki arch in another scream as the orgasm coursed, only to hit its inevitable dead end.

If he were still the lesser Pet he was ages ago, Riki'd have fainted by now. Or perhaps he could have done so earlier already.

But no, at the back of his mind, he was aware of how Iason was abusing the System to keep him awake and sensitive. 

He was a Jupiter after all, he could feel these subtle fluctuations, although he could not use the same privileges to ease him out of his current predicament.

For the Master's Dark Ring remained around Iason's finger, and that absolute control was the top Blondie’s alone.

Riki gripped the sheets hard enough to render his knuckles white, feeling every fiber of his being screech in agony, this much denial affording nothing but the most unsated of trembles, making his very core shake as the experience shattered him over and over.

As the top Blondie began to move his hips to his own sadistic rhythm, assaulting those clinging insides again with one powerful thrust after another, Riki knew this was far from over.

All he could do was brace himself and accept it, until his debt for the grievance Iason insists he's committed was sufficient enough for a pardon.

Only then…only then…


He knew not how many hours it had been already, mind long in disarray at the mix of both ecstasy as well as pain reminiscent of how it had been before their resurrection.

This torment was exactly how Iason indoctrinated his body to accept him so well. How can he forget those days, the endless fucking that only wrecked havoc upon him and his very soul?

And as it was then, Iason did not let him go; merely fiddled with his suffering and lust, unending and tireless as he pistoned into Riki from every exploitable angle.

How did he look? The Exclusive would not have expected it, yet in spite of it all, to Iason, at least, he was ethereal still, the divine of his affections which cemented in his mind that what he did to Kryon was entirely correct.

Anything for this being that’s driven him to insanity, thrown him to the proverbial depths of hell and rescued him back.

Iason let go of a low growl then.

At the moment of heat and affirmation, he had lifted one strong hand and wrapped it around his Pet’s neck, a choke hold that served to drown the other further, as if the hardness penetrating him over and over was not enough in its roughness to take his breath away.

A few times, the top Blondie bit down onto his skin, more animal than god in certain instances, marking, taking, not giving anything in return.

A few more times still did his Master subject his nipples to torturous pinches and plucks until they were even more erect and plump than his hindered cock, taking as much of the beating, making Riki squirm and call out that name until his throat was raw as the scratches left on the Blondie had become, that he’d mindlessly clawed on Neu-Jupiter as well.

He grasped at those broader shoulders when he was made to dance, hips falling, Riki dropping his body to impale himself onto the Master ceaselessly, always full, tangled with him, restless, shaky fingers threading through so much golden hair that they appeared to become like water.

As revenge, he likewise bit down, tasting the evidence of sweat and blood, although that only served to fuel Iason’s resolve at this point.

Riki’s tears slipped unfettered. So cruel was this that he'd no rationale left against it, the fight leaving him, returning, only to desert him once more, no other choice but to resort to even more pleading now until...

Alas, thankfully, after all the inflicted bruises from his heavy touches, Neu-Jupiter had a change of heart, and granted him the one reprieve he needed.

Or was it only the beginning of something far more…sinister?

Riki could scarcely care!

As Iason pushed his knees so far apart and rendered him impossibly more vulnerable, as the Pet shook his head with cries, his words seemed to have moved the god of Tanagura.

The Dark Pet's Ring came undone between his legs, and in a few pumps and drags, shoves and strong thrusts, Riki finally craned his head back against the pillows in triumph.

His first release in a while since this all began.

It hit him hard and potently, as if this one act of shooting emptied his balls of all their pent-up, accumulated juices.

It was a heady moment, one whose high was quite utterly severely satisfying that Riki's thoughts went completely blank behind his eyelids.

The next time he came to, it was to the sound of his own panting, very heavy and misted. And more louder, vulgar sounds of squelching that resounded from below.

The Pet barely registered his situation.

When he opened dazed eyes, forced himself to focus, he noticed Iason and that darkened expression, a predator in the light and fog with his eyes still fiercely settled upon him.

When he saw his Master and lover, the judge and executioner of his desires, a sudden realization struck.

"N-No more- I-" ah, the top Blondie had hit that part in him, the root of his desires battered again, deep and precisely, and the Pet, despite himself, came a second time, his whole body honing in on that one place within only to empty itself out again.

And Iason was not even remotely done

This was the next phase of the punishments he intended to dole out.

"You wanted it this badly, then, shall I make you work for mine?"

Riki cursed, as the top Blondie kept him from running away, grabbing at his waists so they may begin this process anew, that impeccable hardness still penetrating him to the base.

Now it was to an opposite of the earlier events, Riki will be made to cum over and over until Neu-Jupiter does, and, all thanks to his constitution, regardless of having shared parts of his biology with Riki now after their coronation, it might take a while for the Blondie to release.

Which means, to the Exclusive's utter horror, he'll be here, imprisoned under the determined Iason Mink, until every drop was milked out of the Emperor’s cock, until even the first of the other's pleasures bubbled over.

Riki again tried to pull away. 

He knew this game all too well. 

He's played it before, allowing himself to be washed away by it, he very rarely came out the same.

But the Man held him in place, thrusting two fingers into his mouth to toy with his warmth and tongue, sliding those digits in until Riki choked back more of his prayers, fingers again grabbing at the sheets as he was made to pay attention.

Iason licked a stray tear off his cheek.

"You're not about to leave me unsatisfied, are you?" 

The kiss, that nibble at his jaw, then neck sent jolts of electricity racing down the curve of his spine. 

A hand flew up and tried to pull those fingers out, but he had no strength there aside from simply holding on as the treatment continued, connecting them together deeply.

He could not decide if this, or the other situation was worse.

They were two extremes. Two extremes too much in the hands of someone as his Master.

And the words that ensued, after another marking bite was bestowed upon his skin, made Riki shudder hard. 

"I'll make you forget. You shall remember nothing but how much I have endured for you, ached for you-"

And who was Iason but this being keen to keep his promises?

Riki shall indeed forget all his petty hatred, all his pity for Kryon and its dead.

On Iason Mink's bed, on their lofty throne, as his Exclusive, he shall know only the pleasure…and the pain his Master will give him.


Riki didn't know what happened next.

Even in dreams, the Exclusive seemed haunted by the act, or was that he did stay conscious all throughout the battering, as Iason took his dear time working the Pet’s body to multiple completions?

He was pressed, twisted, stretched taut and taunted, moved onto Neu-Jupiter’s whims, the top Blondie's cock becoming the spike that he could not escape from, was not allowed escape from.

How many times had he taken him into both ends, sucking and getting fucked by the Man, only to find that, despite his repeated orgasms, Iason was yet to have his first still?

Riki suffered through that in a loop; likewise was hurtled away in the throes of ecstasy in the same manner.

Or was that purposely and skillfully done? 

Neu-Jupiter, again, weaponizing the tryst to render his Exclusive, beyond the mess of nerves, amnesic, the aim of 'making him forget' approaching its own fulfillment by the time the Pet screamed into the dry release of his sixteenth or so cumming, Riki never really counted, riding Iason to his height at last.

He fell back into his arms, completely exhausted, his mind assuming that stance during their wedding night and fading into oblivion as the System hummed through, lulling him to the precious sleep his bone-weary body craved and needed.

Only for Riki to awoke with a headache a while after. Though he was uncertain exactly how long it had been. 

And he realized then and there that he was not only entangled in Iason’s arms, but likewise ensnared by the System itself, those ribbons gathered around him like a shroud, caressing his skin as Iason had done, albeit gentler.

The two were working together to overwrite his memory of the earlier occurrence, weren’t they? As indicated by the way a certain apathy rose within the Exclusive at every passing, one that dampened his feelings noticeably, one he cannot and, despite being one half of the Lovers of Jupiter, was not allowed to undo.

Inevitably, the top Blondie had all the right cards, and he was not going to be above using such a devious tactic to make Riki bow to his Will. 

That if he cannot reason, he shall force him to not care for those poor, innocent souls turned into collateral for his sake.

Was it really going to be that simple? Iason Mink’s plans to remove the argument between them altogether?

The Exclusive was already aware of how his mind was getting tinkered with, a voice somewhere telling him to settle back into the presence of his Master and rest.

No

Riki chose to fight that.

It didn’t matter if it was futile in the end. Iason had guaranteed that the results would remain the same regardless. 

It was, for Riki however, a matter of pride, and of his own humanity. 

He wanted to at least pay his respects to the souls lost that were not meant to be part of that earlier chaos, for as long as he could hold onto their memory, as long as he was able to recall.

Until he forgets the incident completely.

With this, Riki staggered to his feet. 

To where he was going, he did not know. But he was determined not to spend that last moment before his perception was altered entirely with Iason for the meantime. As he for now somewhat harbored this certain loathing towards the plans Neu-Jupiter had unfurled.

Thus he walked away from the Man that night, Iason who was actually awake when the Pet decided to meander and wallow, and leave his side. Yet the top Blondie chose to stay still and observe, back turned, actually unable to do anything because he did not know what to do.

It was complicated, he surmised.

And in all honesty, he would not have resorted to something this drastic if Riki had reacted otherwise.

However, not. The Exclusive reacted humanely, the hurt in his eyes evident when they reunited earlier that Iason’s memory was vivid with those emotions. Riki not only accused, but saw him as a murderer. 

Well, what he did and is doing for Tanagura was greater than that, the Pet should understand.

But he surely would not forgive himself if this simple act killed Riki’s spirits. 

He’d found out through experience that he'd rather they not be there. He shall delete them. And did indeed, although allowing the progress to be done slowly to lessen the damage, cushion his beloved’s soul.

Riki could have been better off sleeping as the process occurred.

However, Iason acknowledged his dearest’s stance and gave him a respectable distance. 

After all, by the time they reached home, Riki would be back to his usual self.

Neu-Jupiter would have won without doubts, and would keep this -among the many other deeper secrets- buried in recesses even he would no longer have access to.


"Gods… " a grunt, and Riki ran an unsteady hand through his hair, down his face in frustration. 

Some moments ago, he had blankly gone through the act of cleaning himself as best he could, and in just as much of a similar stupor, dressed into at least the decency of loose clothing before taking to the outside of their set of suites, deciding that his vigil be taken elsewhere that wasn't around Neu-Jupiter.

He also noticed the presence of Katron, although, with his Nurse obviously knowing of what was happening, the latter simply decided to not fawn over him as he usually would for now, aware due his Karinese sense of empathy how Riki was still angry, and would rather be a lone wolf riding out the pains of this than be with anyone from their home. 

"I'd rather not the company… " he indeed muttered, lamenting. 

Soon enough there'd be no reason for it anyway. The System will rectify his emotions for him, as the Will of Neu-Jupiter importuned, which made Riki all the more annoyed.

This was another form of bondage. 

How easily his mind could be taken hold of by the System the old god planted and created in him.

With a snap of mightier fingers, he could forget -just like that huh?

Which made him wonder what else Iason Mink had erased from his recollections. Did he take even more? Were there other important details that he should have not forgotten?

Of course he wouldn't know that now, the Exclusive clenched his fists, an anger rising at the thought of how he was leading this life as a lie.

Yet he also knew that even if he fought hard enough, as he was doing now, eventually, being who he was, he would still end up succumbing to the sirens' call, reaching the same pinnacles, recalling nothing. Not his suspicions or doubts at least. He could be thankful for that.

He will only remember the love, or the betrayal due it, the lingering feeling maybe? But never the reasons, or the staggering happenings. 

"And all will be well in the House of Jupiter once more," he scoffed bitterly, shaking his head.

The Exclusive teetered to the main of the airship, to the same venue where this all began.

There were Droids and cleaning units doing their duties around. Under Riki's sway, with the influence of his control of the System, he sent them all back and into maintenance mode, on standby instead, to get the peace he needed.

He did the same with a glare to the security monitoring, making himself appear but a figment to the screens, affording him the stealth to vanish, if only for this moment, feeling utterly helpless otherwise against the inevitable.

His naked feet took him towards those windows, from where he had viewed the demise of the city-state.

How far away from Kryon were they now? Riki's memories tingled with a sensation. He realized he could no longer recall the details of what occurred.

'What Kryon?' A voice supplied from the back of his thoughts. 'Was this not a celebration of an anniversary?'

The Exclusive groaned, shaking his head, gritting his teeth.

It was happening! He was falsely recalling things that should not be the focal point of his escapade here. Yet the System was ripping his thoughts apart and stitching it anew.

"Why must I forget?" He contested, a headache surging through his temples that he raised his palms up over them and pressed, concentrated.

To which the voice only supplied: 'Because it would be unhealthy for you and Tanagura otherwise.'

Of course. It was all about Tanagura. "And Iason?"

This voice fell quiet this time. Riki held his head in his hands, finally collapsing into the softness of a seat, catching his uneven breathing.

He didn't need the answer, but something murmured in the dimness of his consciousness when his eyes fell closed somewhere a few moments after.

'Neu-Jupiter needs not the trouble…'

A second.

A minute.

Another…and another… 

And another…

Riki suddenly woke with a start, opening his eyes with a gasp, wide with the realization that he had dozed off, disoriented for a while as he glanced before him at the wide windows of the hovering airship.

Everything was dark around him, save the graces of the moon that filtered through the glass, although that too was waning. It kept the Pet in thrall for a few.

"What am I…doing here?" He whispered to himself, trying to figure that mystery out.

Only for another sharp gasp to once again rise, suddenly startling him into a stance.

It was not he who made that sound.

Immediately, Riki took the defensive, however was surprised when, upon turning towards the direction, he was met by the source of the disruption.

Someone was standing there, hands clasped over their mouth, a beautiful, stunned expression upon their features.

A noble of the planet? No. That wasn't right. The perfect proportions, supple skin, satin hair, and lack of clothing was telltale.

As was the naivety. The purely innocent shock.

It was a pet. And from the Rose Line at that, one of those with flower-colored locks, assuming he recalled the Breeder correctly.

Riki relaxed his gait with a sigh. 

He stood there, balancing a hand upon his hip, frowning now that another has stepped in to intrude upon his space.

The other pet seemed to be able to discern the situation.

"M-Master Riki. I didn't mean to-"

Those words trailed.

Well, the Exclusive had the right to be in places he wished and wanted. But what was the pet of another Master doing out of his chambers at this hour?

Riki's brows furrowed, but contrary to what the other appeared to believe, back-stepping a little, shrinking in a manner of fear and intimidation from the encounter, the Exclusive was…actually more curious.

He tilted his head to the side.

"You're not supposed to be here," Riki remarked gently. 

Despite being scantily clad in just his thin robe himself, the air about him carried this weight, and the Rose before him could feel it.

It was altogether magnetic, as it was formidable. The trait of a Jupiter.

"I… I…" the pet could not find his words. What excuses did he have when the one who caught him was the Exclusive himself? 

Riki sighed again, clicking his tongue as he ran fingers through his fascinatingly dark tresses.

Come to think of it, he himself doesn't know what he was doing out here as well, does he?

Did he sleepwalk? Blindly wandered? 

He remembered only bits of the night, their arrival and entrance, the convivial party…and the pleasant stings all over his body that indicated they had passionately made love after.

A blush snuck its way to his cheeks and warmed them up before he could even stop the pleasant and elating feeling.

Although, strangely, that thought made him ache, then the sensation was gone, replaced by this lightheadedness.

'Had I drunk too much?'  Was what Riki thought.

Then his glance passed from the pet who was still nailed on the spot there, to a small cart still full of unopened bottles of fine wine and liqueur to the side.

Riki had an idea.

He can't remember his initial purpose as to why he ambled out here, but he had this plan as to what he wanted to do next.

He cleared his throat and met the other pet's eyes.

"You're one of those up for a little mischief behind your master's back, aren't you? I get it," he chuckled and the pet was honestly mortified.

Either because he was being indicted of said mischief, or that the Exclusive was right on the mark.

Either way, Riki sincerely was not going to pry, though the Rose's expression only made him laugh some more. Beyond the amusement however, he meant this confused intruder no harm, the latter should know.

Neu-Jupiter's lover could bite, but it was not always the occasion for it.

"What's your name?" The Exclusive moved this time, walking over to the cart to take his pick of a very late, or very early drink. "I'm Riki," he extended, although the introductions were not necessary. 

Everyone knows who he was. His beauty was legendary, even more so up close, the other pet decided.

"Oh I know Master," said pet responded with a hesitation, almost shyly. Which was new. Most pets didn't have an ounce of shame left in them anymore, and they tended to talk nonsense about many shallow matters.

This one though, appeared to be thinking thoughtfully about the words he was uttering.

"Everyone knows your name," the Rose admitted.

That made Riki smile. "Of course," he said, turning around this time with a bottle in his hand. "So do I get to know yours or…?"

"My…my apologies…" there went that uncharacteristic, near-virginal flush again that Riki can't quite place. 

It was visible even in this light, well, the moon made it pretty if anything.

He was clearly a pet, this one before him, but he didn't appear like the usual. Or to what Riki defined as one.

He was more…alike to him.

Was that why the Exclusive was out with a hand of friendship, something he usually would never have done towards the manufactured pets of the Capital under any other circumstances?

"Roshel, Master. That is my name," the pet supplied, and he felt a bit embarrassed to utter this towards the Exclusive.

Riki almost laughed again. 

He's an odd one surely, but seemed amicable, and the Exclusive found no trouble with that at all.

He had no airs about him after all, making his characteristic lack of knowledge an endearing charm to his personality. 

Meeting him here was perhaps a good thing, serendipitous in fact. Riki now had company as he was nursing what he decided was a hangover that was making his head light, too light to be comfortable.

In which case he only had one way to fix this dilemma.

"Then Roshel, would you care to join me for a drink?" 

He raised the bottle up with two glasses in his other hand, and decided he wouldn't take no for an answer from this new friend.


Riki did not have the proper semblance of friends.

He wouldn't count the elites, the Blondies, definitely never, although most of them were closely working with him and his antics, and he even trusted them with his body at times, in injuries or those select dates they had played some Blondie games.

Raoul was closest as he was in charge of his and Iason's well-being directly, but that was professional in a sense, scientific even for the prude Biochemist.

He could count Katron and his siblings. Sure. But outside House Jupiter, Katze included in that picture, alongside his old gang, Norris and even his lover, Max, Roshel here was the first he has exchanged discussions with on this level. A pet he actually liked the presence of.

The way his eyes went round as he asked his simple questions and Riki met them with answers.

Their little conversation seemed to alleviate whatever it was that the Exclusive was dealing with. Something beyond the obvious aches he got from making love with Iason.

Speaking of Neu-Jupiter, he'll need to get back to bed with him soon. Well, maybe a bit later, he's decided, as he had this reluctance at the back of his consciousness telling him to delay the said return.

As to why, he really has no idea.

So he took his time staying there, drinking and conversing with this new friend he'd met.

“Oh no, my Master would never let me,” Roshel, like a child, shook his head quickly when Riki talked about riding Airbikes. “Isn’t that dangerous? You could fall!”

Leave it to a pet to be worried about appearances and playing nice.

Riki could only hum his amusement around his glass, affected by the buzz of the heady beverage.

He offered Roshel the wine, but the latter only touched a little of his share, leaving Riki to drink the rest of the bottle.

“We’ve been talking a while; you never mentioned who your master is. Can I not know?” teased the Exclusive.

Roshel hardly thought these facts to be confidential. “I’m Platina Chen Altrude’s pet, Master Riki,” he answered eagerly and gave Riki a rather too honest smile.

As for Riki, his immediate thoughts, ‘Another Platina. Great.’

Well, as far as the last purge of elites has happened, Platinas never had the best of reputations. They were trouble. The lower level to Blondies but acted like they owned more than what was assigned to them in the world.

Some of them had left quite the terrible impression upon Riki. However, he did not mention this to Roshel.

“Well, at least that’s an elite you can trust to get you to the best,” he muttered instead, knowing full well the fate of all pets. Seed rights and the right to breed. Or the horrible end of the spectrum, to organ farms and such facilities for the less valuable stock.

It’s a sad future, one Riki would rather not dwell upon, one he could not dwell upon given his reason for being and the uniqueness of his case. 

As for ones like Roshel, these details are not important now or in the long run. Whatever they were destined to experience when their usefulness expired in the Eos Towers, pets that come and go through the caste were better off left oblivious.

He did catch some manner of helplessness crossing the Rose’s face however. As if he was meant to say something but bit his tongue down upon.

“You okay?”

Roshel immediately scattered at those words, if anything, he seemed to panic. And, as if seeking an excuse to not get questioned again, grabbed the empty bottle.

“Allow me to get you another bottle, Master!” and he bolted off before Riki could decline the offer, leaving the Exclusive there alone, gaping after the hurrying, slender form.

That was before Riki chuckled and collapsed back against the carpeting.

Their little party ended up on cushions makeshift to be seats on the floor, and a few tousled topics thrown in chit-that that remained blithe and idle.

Riki felt better now somehow. Could be due to the alcohol or due to Roshel keeping him entertained all this time with his queries that were not particular to a pet. 

He was rather curious, not the intrigued, nosy type that other playthings were, in search of dirt or wanting to gossip. 

He appeared as if he really wanted to know and learn.

Riki thought that different and refreshing among many things. A genuine person to actually talk to that listened to him? It was novel.

“Ah- this feels nice,” but he’ll leave more of these observations for later.

For now, the Exclusive simply rolled onto his stomach and slowly unfurled his wings, letting the sable feathers cover him over. He slowly began to relax, burying his face into his arms. He could honestly just sleep here if decorum were to allow it.

'What even is that?' the mongrel in him thought.

He isn't leaking any of Iason's spend either; that appeared to have been buried so deep inside him this time. 

Riki murmured something as he closed his eyes for a moment. “Roshel better get back soon with that wine…”


But of course it wasn’t that simple.

As the other pet went to scour the service carts for more of the wine the Exclusive somehow preferred, evidenced by the empty bottle he’d left on one of the tables, Roshel was suddenly accosted by an elite.

It turned out to be the Platina who owned his registry, accompanied by a droid it had used to track the wayward pet.

“Roshel!” The obvious anger rose from Platina Chen’s voice reverberating through the space.

“M-Master...I…” the pet sought to reason when immediately his wrist was snatched by the other, yanking him down and towards him, making him sink to his knees on the floor.

The reprimands continued: “So this is where you stray to! I told you not to go anywhere!

“And to think I paid top credits for you- such disobedience!”

He appeared as if he was about to deal the poor, trembling Rose a devastating blow, Roshel collapsing even more weakly, fearfully at the prospect, suggesting this has happened before. 

But Riki heard the commotion, sensing danger, and stepped in just on time.

“Hey. Stop that,” his voice broke through the argument as his form appeared from behind them, a displeased look on his face.

Roshel recognized him immediately, and looked relieved as he was let go, the Rose immediately hugging his arms, not one for confrontations of this sort. 

The Platina on the other cursed, yet likewise smirked, daring to turn his anger towards whoever had interfered, “Who do you think you are to-” only for his jaw to fall slack, gaping at the presence of the Exclusive, wings and all displayed for him to see. “M-Master Riki!?”

The Pet could only frown. Not even a minute has passed that this guy was threatening him; now he quickly changes tunes.

Riki narrowed his eyes. 

“What were you going to do?” he glanced towards his friend at the feet of the elite.

Roshel was finally looking up at him, and, despite having already spent time talking a while earlier, this should be the first time that the other must have seen him with the display of his wings.

Riki flexed them by a little, as if saying this was all right, the threaded diamonds catching the tiniest of light and glinting that back.

“What’s going on here?” Great; another voice!

This hour was becoming one for intrusions cast from all directions that Riki rolled his eyes. Yet he knew with certainty who this new party was.

He cast a glance over his shoulder. "Raoul."

“Master R-Raoul...good morning. I was just looking for my pet," the Platina swallowed nervously as the Blondie walked closer towards them, Roshel now with his eyes downcast in submission.

Contrary to the attention the silver was paying him, the Elite of Elites paid attention to neither, instead, addressed the Exclusive. 

“You should be in your own quarters, Riki,” he said, his lips barely moving yet did, regarding Neu-Jupiter's Pet with a slight squint at the corner of his eyes, ever dignified these noble beasts that that gesture alone could shake lesser beings.

The Biochemist was actually just quietly observing. The Pet looked well now, considering Raoul had seen him ill by the time Kryon was falling. The Blondie was expecting a more dramatic counter, truth be told, certainly he would fight Iason, or mourn the city-state increasingly? Yet Riki appeared none with that.

Needing rest, however, unsullied by emotions and sentiments. What could his Brother have done to ensure Riki put his fists down?

“Sorry. Gotten side-tracked," was the only response Riki made. And he ignored Raoul completely just as easily as the latter did of the others present, instead, turning his attention to the Platina.

Not exactly the elite himself, but he was worried about his new acquaintance. "Please don’t be so hard on Roshel. It was my idea that he was held up. 

"He was just keeping me company for wine.”

Raoul raised a brow at that, immediate with his incredulity. “Riki…”

“Chen Altrude correct?” the Exclusive continued his conversation, not paying the Blondie mind still. A feat he most certainly was the only one notorious at being able to do. 

The Platina seemed ecstatic, that a pleased grin stretched across his face without him realizing. “Why yes, Master Riki. I’m actually honored to know that you know my name--”

“Can Roshel visit me?” the Pet of Jupiter interjected without any second's hesitation however. And so Raoul does not protest, immediately he turns to the Biochemist likewise. “I’ll tell Iason first thing when I get back to my room.”

A scowl of defiance thrown in for good measure. The Blondie was not sure what he was up to, though, he agreed quietly. So long as it ends this useless discussion. This was not the place for neither of them to be at this hour.

He also noted the subtle scent of wine in the air. He didn't believe Riki needed the liquid courage, but yes he's been partaking in drinks.

Chen Altrude was oblivious. "Well, I’m pretty sure my Pet will behave, won’t you Roshel?" He was fussing over such an invitation instead, the opportunity something his mind was only processing yet it was obvious he was aiming to gain from it. 

He urged his pet with a frantic whisper, "Answer! He asked you a question!" 

Roshel was confused, but when he stared up at the mighty people gathered, despite feeling quite small, he caught Riki's nod. " Y-yes Master Riki.

"I'll be happy to see you again."

This wasn't for anything else of course, as Riki knew his activities with other pets were particularly limited. It had more to do with his feathers getting ruffled by the Platina. He was scheming even before he realized he was.

The Exclusive had decided he didn't like this one. 

"Great!" Riki smiled wholly, but that was only for Roshel. "I’ll tell the Furniture to make tea. They love serving guests."


Raoul had led him by a hand as if in ceremony, although at the moment, there were no other souls left to witness the parade, the two of them quietly walking back to the suites where they should be.

The Blondie did urge him earlier to release the Bots and Droids. They had responsibilities to fulfill and he knew Riki had tampered with them in his little sojourn.

The Pet could care less, though to keep the peace, he did summon the System to put everything back in its place.

He also accepted the Blondie's offered hand, tarrying him instantly away, which led to their current impasse, the both of them in this silence slowly making their way back to their rooms.

Then Raoul tossed in his observation, “Why were you protecting that pet?”

Riki guessed he'd ask as much. “I wasn’t protecting him. It was an honest invitation.”

“Am I supposed to believe that?” Raoul was always in opposition. He didn't take things at word value, even if it was Neu-Jupiter's mated pair, or his Brother at times as well. This irritated Riki, the mongrel in him hissing. 

“Not really," yet those words echoed calmly. Or so thought when he bit back: "But didn’t you make sure the last time that I never got too close to any one pet ever again?" He glanced at the Blondie from the corners of his obsidian eyes. “You know then that this will be just what it is. 

"No need to dissect my intentions as if they were your specimens.”

The Blondie harrumphed in response, thinking this to be an amusing, similarly, irksome turn. 

“Are you still sore about Mi-”

“-enough. I don’t want to hear it," Riki suddenly stopped and cut him off, turning to glare daggers. Although his mind quickly supplied that it didn't quite know what Raoul was talking about. 

Who was Raoul even going to mention? Instincts told him that response was correct although recollection failed to elaborate details. As was what he said next, it had deeper meaning, but at that moment it was entirely lost to him: "I’d never do that again, and you know it.”

What was the Pet even talking about? Riki looked baffled at his own words all of the sudden, but against Raoul, he shirked that away. Something felt off; no matter, the confusion was fleeting.

Little did Riki know this was among the things the System erased at Iason's discretion. Remnants kept surfacing though, while Raoul acknowledged that he had misstepped.

He reminded himself that the Pet's mental state wasn't as complete. A secret which he and the top Blondie harbored.

He distracted Riki smoothly, to make amends for his own oversight. 

“Then you shouldn’t be running into other pets, running along places without an escort, likewise,” he returned the earlier glare, which apparently did the trick. Riki frowned and narrowed his eyes. 

“Aren’t you escorting me now?” he smirked back at his face like a bastard.

It was Raoul's turn to pause, all of the sudden pulling at that hand to draw Riki back when he took the step away.

The Blondie took his chin with his finger to lift his face up, their eyes meeting.

Something about it was intimate. Then again, all Blondies held similar magnetism. Riki could tell the differences in their eyes, the personalities behind, and the cold each stare these Elites of Elites produced.

He denied a shiver, but he recalled that, in the Blondie games, Raoul's also had the expert touch that was so akin to Iason. The two could be twins and the world would agree. Such was their closeness and similarity. 

“I see you’re feeling yourself again," came the deep whisper from the taller male. " You’re throwing snarky remarks at a Blondie.”

Oh Riki would never back down from such a playful threat.

“Why would that bother you so much?” he smirked back once again, always the braver. And tipsy on wine, he scarce cared for keeping pleasantries this far in.

He decided this annoyed him now and swatted that hand away.

Riki felt another presence and, truthfully enough, when the Exclusive turned, Katron was already there, waiting for them.

“Master Riki. I was about to look for you,” the Furniture appeared hesitant, passing a glance from the Pet to the Blondie and back. 

“Draw me a bath, Katron," was what Riki immediately requested, stretching his arms up, his wings riding and spreading briefly, only to settle again. He withdrew them into the folds of his skin. He wasn't going to deal with them for now, saving the trouble of their maintenance for when they get back to the Palace. "I think I drank too much," he did add, and indeed, he was in that state.

He walked ahead then, as his Nurse bowed when he passed, only to turn to Raoul and do the same before excusing them both off. 

The Blondie was left there standing, left questioning.

How Neu-Jupiter's Pet recovered quickly from this one, from the downfall of Kryon he personally witnessed and seemed perturbed about, he was not entirely sure. He perhaps should check his monitoring later then? The data should at least reveal answers as well as confirmations to his suppositions.

For now, he could only wonder, “What have you done, Iason. What have you done this time?”

---

The bath was long and lazy, with Riki already making plans alongside Katron for Roshel's visit as his hair was washed, as he was pampered, relaxing into things as if the earlier events did not happen.

Even Katron was confused as his charge told him stories about the encounter outside, about his distrust for that Platina, his usual dislike of Raoul, when hours ago, he was a vision distraught, with negative emotions running strung and strained to the point of breaking that Katron felt he could suffocate with the way they assaulted his empathy.

Yet Riki seemed fine now. Better than ever in fact, laughing the whole while, describing things as animatedly as he had always when struck with a little bit of liquor in his veins.

This was quite unusual, but perhaps not? Ho

The Pet seemed to forget matters of high stress conveniently after his initial anger was done washing over, or when he had taken it out with a good tumble into bed with the other Master of the House.


Moments later, Riki was back in their room, surprised to find his Blondie there, curiously asleep.

No matter, as he slipped off his fresh robes and stepped out naked from them, only so he could get under the covers and into the warmth of Iason's embrace.

As he'd suspected, the top Blondie was indeed awake, and snuggled him just fine in the circle of his arms, drawing in his scent with a deep inhale, kissing his neck and temples and lips.

But Riki was too far gone.

He was far too sleepy to give in to the stoking of his arousal, eyes so heavy now that he was having a hard time keeping them open.

Instead, he hummed at the trailing kisses, "I love you," breathless, tired, and only seemed urged by the touch and presence of his beloved, fell asleep then and there.

It didn't surprise Neu-Jupiter.

What he put him through could kill a lower person; his Exclusive though was tougher than that.

He respected his decision to rest. They can continue this later on when the other was more receptive to his pleasurable assaults.

For now, he looked at Riki's serene face.

This was everything right in his arms and he could only be protective of it.

Even if it meant protecting Riki from himself.

"As I, you, beloved," he murmured, holding that sleeping form tightly against him; his Exclusive in his unconsciousness still finding the places he was accustomed to molding against on that larger frame. "Welcome back."

Notes:

Apparently, I also inherited the Twitter account. Here, for those who want to follow my shenanigans over there: Evie🌸; it's mostly Genshin things since I love that game so much. Anyway, what role will these new characters play in the grand scheme of things? It's anyone's guess at this point. What's yours?

Chapter 88: 88

Notes:

This chapter was actually the [ **Updates** and some news ] chapter. But I needed to make sure our chapters coincided so I redid it to reflect the current chapter where I am at with the writing instead. The old updates and news is still in this chapter, albeit, as a comment instead. So far, writing Cinco once a month is proving to be quite productive. I just might continue with this trend until the foreseeable future. I also want to take this opportunity and thank all those who have supported my coming to be. I'm glad to be your Ninth! Do enjoy this update! ^-^

Chapter Text

The proceeding days went on as if nothing happened. For Riki at least, and for the House of Neu-Jupiter in particular, life had resumed its normal course.

Kryon had only been briefly in the news. And Riki, content with the usual flow of their days once more, scarce minded this, or had not even bothered. He didn't seem to have noticed it at all, actually, once more resuming his role as the half of the Lovers, serving Tanagura as the Exclusive in his mornings, serving its god and Emperor in bed in his nights.

And, although Kryon's ‘disestablishment’ made shocking waves in the far off reaches of the cosmos, far enough to become a worldwide sensation in the dying Earth and permeating even the Galactic Commonwealth’s earshot, Riki had no longer paused to consider it one bit. Which was the plan.

At least for Iason Mink, that was the most ideal, allowing his Exclusive to move on, while bearing in mind the Pet’s reactions and making mental notes as to how he should proceed with matters of similar standing moving onward.

“A friend you say?" Iason had questioned curiously over breakfast, looking directly over at his Exclusive.

Apparently during his blind meanderings the night of the event, Riki had come across a strange pet , as his beloved had described it, making friends with a luxury stock from the Rose Line named Roshel.

“And you invited him over?" Neu-Jupiter pressed gently, having done with his appetite, their bodies never really needing the sustenance, but staying a little longer for some indulgences such as watching Riki enjoy his meal surrounded by a garden of vine flowers, and chatting away as he often did at the same time. 

He always savored the moment. As Iason savored the breathtaking sight of him in turn.

“That's…all right though?” Riki paused to look up at him with those lovely orbs as dark as space alight with his stars of questions. 

A little apprehensive, perhaps. But he knew very well Iason would not deny him anything nowadays if he asked nicely enough. 

He was certainly correct. However, the top Blondie's rationale sunk a bit deeper than that, taking particular interest when he heard Riki mention who owned his newest acquaintance.

“You said he was owned by a Platina. Chen Altrude?” A thought seemed to have crossed Iason’s mind. 

Riki caught the motion and paused halfway through forking a savory cake their Furniture had cooked up only so he could remain looking at his Blondie.

Iason noticed his wondering stare, and decided he can mull over the details come official business time.

For now, he filed the name away to dig into at leisure later. 

“I just recalled a matter. Nothing of dire importance," and he moved to take Riki’s hand on the table into his, kissing the back of it.

Riki blushed on cue and cleared his throat, awkwardly bringing the food up into his mouth single-handedly as his Blondie had not let go of his other hand, choosing instead to twine fingers on the table.

“Well that pet is odd," Riki diverted, more so an attempt to lessen the heat upon his cheeks. “I actually caught him sneaking around the day I met him.

“Pets don't do that sort of thing, right ?"

He knew Iason would say how he was the exception to that rule when he looked at him with that sapphire gaze of his.

Riki immediately rolled his own eyes which made the top Blondie chuckle, reaching this unnatural level of understanding that even their jests could be conveyed between them without words.

Indeed, as Neu-Jupiter spoke of something else: “You are saying he was not by his master's side that time?" referring back to the conversation, to what Riki mentioned about his friend sneaking around when they met. 

For pets, regardless of the breeder or bloodline, were trained for ultimate subservience. They moved when ordered, stripped when ordered, and fucked or touched themselves when given the command. It had everything to do with their upbringing as expensive merchandise built for trade.

Yes, even his Exclusive came to accept that once in his life, and followed it albeit reluctantly and angrily before they were transformed by the old god.

A pet usually stayed at the beck and call of their owner, and never left their side really. But this ‘Roshel’ of the Rose seemed quite…different basing off Riki’s descriptions.

He’d have to see the footage of this meeting later as well. Something appeared amiss and the top Blondie was curious about it all. An anomaly he wanted to dissect.

As he was likewise eager to take advantage of the opportunity this strange encounter had presented.


Neu-Jupiter stepped into the Council Room with his brothers in stride behind him, every single one of them decked in ethereal robes representing their House and status. Today's agenda was extensive, and all of them expected to be here until late, particularly since they were monitoring certain factors in places beyond their Amoï.

Everyone waited for the top Blondie to take his seat first before they themselves sat down, Orpheus taking over the proceedings, and the cases and other matters were presented for debate and scrutiny one after another.

The Blondies attacked their agendas with surgical precision, as expected of the inorganic beauties with intellect far surpassing the common man. As such, troubles were immediately resolved and solutions were gathered, all while Iason Mink allowed his brethren to discuss and question, to agree and oppose as he quietly bore witness, leaving these more mundane specifics in his Brothers' capable hands.

Though once a conclusion was reached and within his capacity, he himself linked to the System, and moved its many discrete nodes and connections accordingly to ensure a seamless finishing of the concerns where his aid was needed. The rest he left to the Council to act upon within their jurisdictions.

However, they did linger on the topic of Kryon once more. Or rather, it was not the former city-state directly but a related topic. They had paused to consider the uproar that had run its course beyond their home, at the Commonwealth who expressed a distaste as to the method how the former city-state was discarded .

“The Federation appears to have been rattled when they found out about what happened to Kryon,” Aisha spoke in his usual stern. “But our rules are absolute on this subject. I daresay the high officials would still not make a move against us at this point.”

The rest of the Council agreed. The Commonwealth still remained afraid of the might of Tanagura, and even more so the advanced strides that they have made in every aspect involving technology and similar affairs, especially since Iason Mink’s return as Neu-Jupiter. 

They knew he was a cunning Man not to be trifled with...

“I believe they did remind us to be wary of our actions, as this directly reflects upon how the rest of the Star System views us,” Marcus Jayd quoted from the last correspondences they were sent in the wake of Kryon’s fading. Which was amusing to say the least. For most of them sounded like direct threats to Tanagura, masquerading as friendly communication. 

Not an entire reprimand but a seemingly gentle slap from their direct opposition.

Nein, they should have just called it as they saw it, Neu-Jupiter smirked in ridicule of their attempts at making the said opposition appear mild. He himself admitted that it was indeed a mass murder, though to him, that sentence was admittedly also his manner of executing justice.

It was the punishment Kryon deserved. All the more vindicated as Iason thought of Riki. At how much he had done to protect him. Somehow that extent seemed to not be enough.

What did he, as Neu-Jupiter, have to do? Must he expand his grasp further into the outer reaches of the cosmos sooner to protect the one being he loved more than life itself?

Still, for now at least, it paid to be slightly circumspect.

“We proceed with our plans to fortify our stance, and the other portions of the Will need to be executed in earnest,” Iason Mink ordered of his Brothers, somewhat foreseeing that this would not be the end of the Commonwealth’s commentaries on their business. 

He is even expecting direct interference, if not, an all-out hostility, and he made this known to the Blondies present that he was preparing for whatever internal and, most importantly, external forces would be coming to question his throne.

Thus, he reminded them all to be precise and vigilant: “I expect no less from every single one of you.”


Iason had asked Raoul, Orphe and Gideon to meet him at his apex quarters in Jupiter Tower after the meeting concluded. 

Obliging the top Blondie, and perhaps out of curiosity, the trio joined him for the smaller after-party.

“So, what merits this unlikely gathering?" Gideon had divested himself of his robes, handing this to one of the attending droids that was similarly taking charge of the other Blondies’ regalia. 

The Charismatic Noble then lounged on one of the seats, Orphe taking the space opposite him to pour them some fine wine while Raoul remained standing near the wide stretch of windows, looking out at the vastness that was Tanagura at night.

“Didn’t you three mention a Platina by the name Chen Altrude?” Iason spoke in response, to which the Biochemist immediately turned at the mention. 

Ah yes, of course he had made a report about what happened that night, regarding the Exclusive’s actions up until he turned him over to the Furniture, Katron.

What he was minimally aware of was that the other two Blondies present had likewise spoken of that Platina.

“So it was not only in the Eos Towers?” Orphe hummed in thought, only now figuring the situation. 

To which Gideon outright laughed. “Let’s hear your grievances then, dear Brothers,” he said with a flourish, only now taking the wine Orphe offered.

What Iason Mink wasn't telling his Exclusive was that Chen Altrude was in the Council’s list of… elites of note . He was a known troublemaker, a malady amongst their kind in secret, but was doing fine work in Parthia that he seemed indispensable.

Neu-Jupiter begged to disagree. They just didn’t have the chance to pin an actual crime upon him, the lower elite appearing sleuth in hiding his dealings and leaving no traces of any of it. He was not tampering with the System, he knew better to do that sort of thing, which was sage, but this only confirms he was doing something else that was beyond their technological purview. 

Perhaps even using primitive means? They certainly shouldn't put it past the Platina whose actions were contradictory as they were seemingly faked, an outside facade to hide certain motives behind.

There was just no opportunity to investigate him further, as he was beyond reproach on the outside, was socially commendable to the point that a probe out of nowhere, even from a higher power, was suspect. But this was about to change, the top Blondie feels.  

Chen Altrude was unquestionable, true… Not until Riki stepped into the picture that is, of course.

“His pet, Roshel, is actually friends with Riki,” Iason confided, leaning back against his seat calmly, something Raoul was aware of since that night, however was news to their other two Brothers.

Still, he joined them in asking, and all three pinned the top Blondie with that look, something Neu-Jupiter smiled just as calmly back at them for. 

No, what they were thinking about was not the thing he was troubled about. Iason Mink knew well enough his Exclusive was not going to repeat past sins . They were already over that phase, and they even made sure of that.

Instead, he wanted them all to look at this as a positive turn of events.

The System had its way of clearing detritus, to weed out the bad inconsistencies that would ruin the old god's plans. And it was one matter that will be dealt with in fashion, by Neu-Jupiter’s calculations, if they just waited a bit and allowed things to unfold.

Raoul gave voice to the question every other Blondie in the room had in mind, “What are you planning , Iason?”


True to his word, Riki welcomed Roshel into their Palace Home some three days after. But not without its entailing gossip and perhaps a hint of malicious nosiness.

For the murmurings never really ceased in the Eos Towers, not when both pets and lower elite masters spoke about the day of this visit in earnest. Certainly not when the Platina, Chen Altrude himself, made it known to his circle of acquaintances that his pet had become a friend of the Exclusive overnight.

Acquaintances that had stirred in some intrigue into the pot of already colored details. The usual titillating talk of scandal and the possibilities of it, although Orphe had nipped these hearsay right at the bud.

“Lest anyone caught Iason's ire,” he warned with reason, and a good reason that was. Had they not just witnessed Kryon's downfall?

So after a while, it had dwindled down to just the usual talk amongst pets, who either hated the idea of one of their own gaining favor from a Neu-Jupiter, or were envious of it to some degree.

For Riki was usually oblivious to other pedigrees that were not of his level as most had come to see him. 

That, or as their masters believed, Iason himself was encouraging the behavior. Even going as far as to instill it in his Exclusive that he need not bother with anything else but Tanagura. Again, a tact recommendation.

As for Roshel, there were definitely questions: “How did you get him to notice?", “When did you become friends?", and “Must be nice to be buddies with the Exclusive, hm?"

Some ridiculous and cruel remarks, or the usual vulgar instigations, such as, asking the Rose pet what show he put on to gain Riki’s notice and trust -what he did when no one was looking to get Riki Mink, scourge of the elites and would not even notice their ways, end up calling him a friend .

Something that even Blondies knew he didn’t have in a long time. 

Did they perhaps… touch , which was sacrilege when put against the Exclusivity rules, and the pets were in an uproar!

To which Roshel vehemently denied, his master's reputation and temper in mind, as well as what the Exclusive might think about him, “I-It was nothing of the sort!" and he hid behind closed doors for a while to avoid the prying.

Roshel honestly didn't know why Riki did what he did.

Not when he was guilty of something else , a secret he’s kept hidden for some time now.

For it was true he was someplace else that night he was found by Neu-Jupiter's beloved. And it may be terrible to say it, sounding like the impudent bastard that was taking advantage of the situation, which he was not, no, never, he would not dare!

Yet Roshel was thankful it was the Exclusive that found him, instead of some other master that could have done worse that time.

He wouldn’t have survived the trip home if he was found in that state . Chen Altrude would not have forgiven him so easily. 

However, finding out who his company had been, and the invitation that was extended to him to visit the Palace Summit, he was let go unscathed, lest it displeased the top Blondie’s Pet and, in the process, the top Blondie himself.

The question though, was if the Exclusive noticed something strange about him that moment? Did Master Riki...see what he had been hiding?

“I’m sorry, but this is as far as you go,” Katron, dressed in the Palace colors of pure black and gold for the day, stopped the furniture that had brought Roshel over for the visit.

The protocols were strict when it came to the Summit Level, and whoever was invited were the only ones allowed. Katron and his siblings personally saw to it, and like what he was doing at the very moment, was here waiting a few minutes before the other pet appeared, escorted by the furniture from that Platina’s house on a leash.

Katron could care less. 

Neither could he care less of the other onlookers, pets and some lower elite masters that had gathered a distance off from the foot of the elevator exclusively kept shut and separate for the pinnacle level to use. They could mutter and discuss amongst themselves all they wish.

“But Master Chen-”

“-Master Riki made it clear that only the pet of the house was invited,” and the Alpha’s narrowing eyes and intimidating stare made it clear he was not going to take any argument where his charge was concerned. “Or are you saying that your master has the standing to go above mine?

“Do you want to put that to the test?”

Roshel fidgeted where he stood, making this his first encounter with such authoritative Furniture, unlike any that there ever was elsewhere in Eos or Midas, that it felt like a Blondie was chastising them, although the chide was directed at his escort.

Katron totally triumphed over this discussion without even raising his voice. The other furniture was defeated, cowering even as he handed the other the leash, something the Alpha frowned at.

“Pardon me,” and he reached a gloved hand to undo the ghastly thing, taking a sweep over the pet, before dropping that leash and its accompanying collar to the floor. “You won’t be needing this in the House. You are a guest, not something going on display…” 

In that regard, again, he looked over the pet, turning to the other, now silenced furniture and scoffing gently, “And underdressed ,” Katron could not have made himself more blatantly perturbed that the escort flinched on the spot and everyone noticed. “You’re taking him to visit a Jupiter and are not mindful of finding a more suitable attire?

"What is this, a Bacchanalia?”

The furniture felt completely embarrassed now, having not considered the Palace Level conservative by nature when all people could talk about was how both Masters there moved the whole planet with sex involved.

He felt like he would melt on the spot, and was likewise seething angrily about being questioned, feelings that Katron realized and decided to stop nitpicking upon. It was not like he could not fix such an issue even before this pet and his Master met up.

He didn’t want to traumatize the poor thing at the door.

Besides, if the Platina heard of this piss-poor performance, this furniture might not be here tomorrow...

So he eased aside now, and directed the pet to the elevator.

“Please, master Roshel. This way,” his voice was ever calm, but definitely commanding in that signature tone now known of the Palace’s infamous Triplets. Everyone felt tense with Katron around.

Roshel was too, now uncomfortable with his get-up that left little covered, which was odd for a pet that was supposedly bred shameless, Katron likewise noted, but urged him on with a promise that they will resolve these minute inconveniences going up.

And thus they stepped onto the elevator, the doors behind them sealing off once more. A brief glance into a life in Exclusivity and Roshel would find out about it firsthand today.