Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Categories:
Fandoms:
Relationships:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Series:
Part 2 of Anderlopez AUs , Part 35 of author's favorites
Stats:
Published:
2016-03-29
Updated:
2016-12-20
Words:
13,556
Chapters:
16/?
Comments:
49
Kudos:
110
Bookmarks:
19
Hits:
4,634

Ready, Aim, Fire

Summary:

Adventures in the lives of Santana and Blaine Lopez-Stark-Anderson.

(Expect tons of sassy snarkiness, the Avengers adopting Santana, Blaine, and their friends, Tony-Stark-being-a-wicked-dad, and explosions. LOTS of explosions.)

Notes:

Title is from song of the same name by Imagine Dragons from the soundtrack to Iron Man 3.

Chapter 1: Prologue: Oh God One Was Enough

Chapter Text

Okay, so his Dad? Yeah, it's a long story.

Well, technically he and 'Tana are full-blooded siblings. Technically Cooper and he are half-brothers.

Technically he isn't even an Anderson.

(Oh, and technically he and 'Tana are un-certified geniuses. Nearly forgot that one.)

But technicalities are really irritating, and they all just cause major chaos, so here are the facts:

Cooper was the child of Jim Anderson and Maribel Lopez. Blaine doesn't know much about Jim Anderson because he was apparently a homophobic, bordering-on-abusive asshole who drove his wife into another man's arms, but Coop's his brother and he loves him so Jim Anderson doesn't really matter.

What really matters is that the child that Maribel Lopez had from a one-night stand with Tony Stark, the pregnancy that sparked the long-awaited divorce, was Santana. And the arrival of Santana Lopez kind of forced Tony to settle down a little and help raise a family. Sure, he wasn't around all the time because CEO reasons and that whole 'if my opponents know I have a child then they'll try to go after you' thing.

He and Maribel weren't together, technically, they were just in it for the kids. And both of them were fine with that. They were friends. A one night stand was a one-night stand, they hung out occasionally to talk about Santana, and-

Whoops. One drink led to another and three months after Santana's birth Maribel ended up pregnant.

(Alcohol was banned from all meetings after that.)

So, he and Santana are the children of Tony Stark and Maribel Lopez. 'Tana takes after Mama and he takes after Tony, who insists that Cooper call him Tony if 'Tana and Blaine call him Dad. He took a shine to Cooper when Maribel introduced them, and more often than not when 'Tana and Blaine were little Cooper would end up going on 'family' outings with Tony, 'Tana, Blaine, and Aunt Pep (and later Steve, but that's another story altogether).

But when it came time to choose a last name, as no one could know who Blaine and Santana were the children of, 'Tana went with Lopez and Blaine chose Coop's last name.

(He was seven and he idolized his older brother- sue him.)

But yeah, Blaine's Parent-Teacher Conference Nights have always been interesting. It's always been Mama going, not Tony, but Mama's always been the dependable parent. She takes the kids to school and glee club, he sneaks them into VIP events and keeps them updated with the latest tech. And later, when Santana and Blaine get a boyfriend and a girlfriend, the same privileges apply to them.