Actions

Work Header

spread your wings my little butterfly

Chapter 32: Wanna Be Startin' Something

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

Wanna Be Startin' Something is honestly some of the most fun Santana's had in ages. When Blaine, her, Brit, and Kurt start off in the hallway, doing a quick flash mob-esque number, that would have been enough, but then they do it with the entire glee club that afternoon it's far better, and for multiple reasons, honestly: one, it's their first group number all back together during glee, two, the costumes rock, and three, Blaine is getting his first solo number in the New Directions. 

Number three is actually her most important reason, actually- getting to sing and dance as her hermanito fucking owns that stage in his Michael suit and trademark single sparkling glove is tons of fun. Seeing Brit in those skin-tight leather pants isn't half-bad either, but her hermanito...

She's just so fucking proud, okay?

*

Santana doesn't believe Blaine told Sebastian on purpose- he's never been that close to him and she knows that when he gets excited he ends up spilling whatever he's excited about-

"Don't lie, Sebastian," Blaine snaps, and Santana's eyebrows raise to the ceiling. "I told Nick, not you."

For a moment Sebastian's at a loss for words, but he quickly recovers and sneers. "But you would have, once I got into your pants."

Blaine shakes his head even as his cheeks flare bright red. Anger flares deep in Santana- how dare Sebastian harass her little brother, especially since Sebastian knew that Blaine was in a committed relationship- and her fingers clench around her coffee cup even as Blaine responds. "No, you wouldn't have," Blaine says, the strength in his tone belying the flush in his cheeks. "I've told you a thousand times- I'm with Kurt. I love Kurt. I'm not flirting with you, I'm not going drinking with you, and I'm certainly not going to -" His tone turns poisonous now, dripping with disgust, "-sleep with you."

Sebastian rolls his eyes, but Santana's attention is drawn to the expressions of Artie, Rachel, and Kurt. Artie and Rachel look like they're both shocked and impressed with Blaine at the same time while Kurt's looking at Blaine with the same expression that Brit looks at her with sometimes, that look of pure adoration that Santana has no idea how she managed to earn. Her attention snaps back to Sebastian when he says, "Then I want you to come Dalton, Blaine, so I can prove that we deserve Michael."

"And how do you plan on doing that?" Rachel asks, and for once Santana appreciates her incessant need to be in everyone's business.

Sebastian winks and Santana grimaces in disgust at how suave he thinks he is. She guesses that in some strange universe people must find him handsome, from the amount of sleeping around some of Blaine's Warbler friends say he does, but she can't see it even in the way she sometimes notices that boys are good-looking like Sam or Blaine's friend Jeff (though she's not attracted to them, obviously). "You five come and the Warblers will show you. Even you, Princess."

Kurt flinches at the name (one that Santana notices as being one that Puck used to call him on a regular basis, and still sometimes does it nowadays) before settling into glaring at Sebastian. For some reason Kurt's not laying into Sebastian like he normally is and- oh, that mystery is solved the moment Kurt glances over at Blaine like he doesn't want to lose his temper in front of his boyfriend. Santana, however, doesn't have that problem. "You," she says, gesturing at Sebastian, and he turns slightly to look at her. She makes sure she's in full bitch mode, bitch-glare on and lips twisted into a smirk, before she continues. "Yes, you, the criminal chipmunk. Here's the deal: we'll come to see whatever you want at Dalton as soon as you admit that we're more talented than you guys and forfeit the rights to Michael."

Sebastian sneers. "Maybe afterward," he says.

She scoffs. "Fine, but I'm leaving if it's not worth my time."

"Oh," he says, smiling smugly in a way that puts her on edge, "It will be, don't worry."

Notes:

This is hopefully the last of five chapters written about 'Michael. Sorry, that episode is just full of scenes for this 'verse.

Well, unless I write one after Blaine gets home from the hospital...