Actions

Work Header

Pretty boy.

Summary:

Carl and Enid are kidnapped, but are saved by one of the henchmen of the men who took them. So Carl is determined to find that boy and find answers.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Chapter 1

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

Carl slumps against the bed and just stares up at the ceiling in his room.

He had met the only two children his age in Alexandria and he didn't know what to make of it. Mickey was kind of intense and good company, but I wouldn't spend more than two hours a day with him. Maybe Enid is more interesting, but she just does dangerous things like get out of the walls and put her life in danger because she doesn't feel comfortable here. Carl followed her a few times just because he had nothing else to do and maybe Enid is interesting.

The thing here is, she found out and they both drove too far from Alexandria and passed a loaded truck. Of course they hid and waited for those guys to come out, but they didn't have much luck because they were discovered.

So the moral here is; Don't follow a girl who has no friendly interest in you or you'll both end up kidnapped in a cargo truck.

Carl felt Enid's judging gaze on his back and he really should be the one offended. She brought them into this situation, he just wanted to make sure that nothing will happen to her. Another piece of advice, don't worry about others.

Carl had to stay home helping Carol and Sam make cookies.

When his father finds him, he's going to kill him if these people don't do it first...

Carl hears Enid moving to get closer to him and is actually grateful for it, the little light she managed to filter through the metal doors more chilling than reassuring.

At some point he lost track of time, he only knows that it is night and no more. Being at night makes it even more difficult for him to get out of this alive, he is unarmed and tied up. Complete shit.

No, he waits. If the walkers were a problem, for him they are not, for some reason he is not of interest to them. He discovered it after they lost the prison, several walkers came up and tried to bite him, but they didn't do it at the last moment. Carl thought that the smell of his vomit scared them away or that they were just stupid. In one of his exits to follow Enid, he was cornered by several walkers and they didn't do anything to him either. Carl thinks he's immune and something about him scared them off, maybe the smell of him or whatever. He always went in a group or accompanied by his father, so he didn't discover this until three years after the apocalypse started. He hasn't told anyone yet and he won't until he's sure his father won't have a heart attack when he tries to take a test.

If he was alone, he might be lucky, but Enid is here and that reduces his chances by 50%, maybe more.

When the truck stops, two men jerk them down, dragging them into an abandoned building.

Once inside, they are thrown to the ground and Carl notices one of the men looking too hard at Enid. Carl recognizes that look of lust, he was unlucky enough to experience it, an event that still haunts his dreams or thoughts sometimes. He sometimes felt that man's hands on his body if he was bad enough. He was never happier to see his father kill someone with twenty stab wounds.

"The boy isn't much use to us, but if you want to take it, you can."

Carl gets a little closer to Enid in a protective way, he didn't want her to go through the same thing as him and even reach the end. He can't do much in her vulnerable state, but if he can delay this for seconds, then he'll try.

"Is she your girlfriend? Well, it will be more fun then."

The man laughs and Carl makes a disgusted face, he's not sure if it was because they thought Enid was his girlfriend or because of what that idiot said. Maybe both.

"Brat, come here!"

Carl watches as a boy more or less his age enters through one of the many factory doors; he was ash blonde, with long hair tied in a low ponytail, quite tall and with a cross shaped scar on his cheek. Carl thinks for a second that he's hot and then erases the thought of him immediately, that boy was from the opposite side.

"I can help?" The boy drags his voice and seems bored.

"Stay here with our guests for a moment."

"By the way...Roger has called you into the office, he says it's important."

The man nods and the blonde leans against the wall facing them both. The other two men run away.

Carl watches as the older boy takes out a cigarette and lights it, quite uninterested.

"Hey you." Enid calls, getting up off the ground with some effort. "What's your name?"

"It's rude to ask for a name without giving yours first."

"Enid."

"Ron."

"Okay Ron, I'll give you two options. Get us out of here and we won't hurt you, or I'll kill you as soon as I get out of this." Enid threatens.

Ron looks at his watch on his wrist and then shrugs, moving over to Enid to cut the ropes around her wrists. He then kneels in front of Carl and releases his.

"Just... like this? What's the catch?" Enid raises an eyebrow at him suspiciously.

"None. I'll take you to the exit, sorry I can't give you a full tour of the place." Ron shrugs and heads for the farthest door in the room.

Carl and Enid pick up two rifles they left lying around and follow him, mistrusting Ron.

Carl was in charge of aiming Ron's at all times, while Enid pushed him to make him walk faster.

Once outside, they were both very vigilant in case all of this boy's other man's didn't jump on them and kill them.

"Okay, this is the end of the tour, thanks for stopping by and don't ever come back please," Ron walks over to the door and drops his cigarette into a corner. "Fortunately, there won't be much to see in a few minutes."

Ron quickly escapes from the factory, fleeing into the trees.

Carl and Enid look at each other in confusion for a second before running after Ron, but the boy was quite fast and when Enid was about to reach his arm, they hear a loud explosion and fire is present where they were a moment ago.

"I told them I couldn't give them the full tour. Our minutes were up." Ron says, behind them. Enid starts and stares at him. "By the way, here's your hat, pretty boy."

Ron drops the sheriff's hat on Carl's head and runs away from the two teenagers.

Carl felt his face burn and swallowed, watching Ron's silhouette disappear into the trees.

"What the hell just happened?" Enid questions.

Notes:

I had edited this chapter before uploading it, but it was deleted and I no longer did a second revision. sorry for any mistake.