Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Stats:
Published:
2022-12-26
Words:
351
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
2
Kudos:
34
Hits:
544

i love you, i meant it

Summary:

Carl returns home from his trip just in time for Christmas!

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

It was Christmas, and Ron's heart was frozen over. Even the warm glow of the fireplace's flames couldn't thaw his loneliness as he stared into it. The hot chocolate he had lovingly prepared Carl sat off to the side, cold and ruined. The hours had flown by and the sun had been long gone, leaving Ron in darkness matching that of his mood.

 

Anxiety ate away at Ron. The dull ache in his stomach wouldn't let him forget that he wasn't even sure if Carl was alive. He didn't have anyone but Carl. He let himself slump backwards into the couch in defeat. This was officially the worst Christmas ever.

 

Fortunately for Ron, miracles tend to come in abundance during the holidays.

 

Freezing wind leaked into the house as the door creaked open. Ron silently cursed the winter winds. His limbs felt like weights as he pulled himself up from the couch to go shut the pesky door. Instead, he was met with his favorite present he'd ever received.

 

"Ron." Carl chimed, standing in the doorway. To Ron, it was like God himself had decided to visit. The feint porch light illuminated onto Carl's face. It was ridden with the memoirs of his dangerous travels -- a direct contrast to the pure expression of joy written all over him.

Ron couldn't contain himself. He rushed at Carl like a predator to prey, holding him tighter than he knew possible. Carl laughed wholeheartedly as he stumbled backwards and hit the door. It closed on impact, leaving Ron pressed against Carl.

 

He kissed Carl everywhere he could reach. Ron was an addict and Carl's body was his drug. He held Carl's waist, afraid that the high could escape him again if he let go for a second.

Carl reached down to grab Ron's hand, intertwining their fingers. They began kissing sloppily, passionately, sweetly, until they started resembling two drunken walkers trying to eat each other.

 

No words needed to be spoken for the couple to say their 'I love you's.

Ron didn't need anyone else for this to be the merriest Christmas of all.

Notes:

posting this 20 minutes before December 26th