Actions

Work Header

Sk8 The Infinity | Oneshots

Summary:

A oneshot collection of everyone’s favorite skateboarders!

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Chapter 1: Family

Summary:

Miya escapes to a familiar skaters restaurant for the evening

Chapter Text

TW: Unhealthy home life, parents fighting 

Miya was used to this, he’s always been used to this.

Birthday’s were scarce, Christmas was out of the question, holidays in general didn’t mean much to him.

But it didn’t mean that it hurt. Every day at his house he was simply just… there. He didn’t mean much to his parents unless he got a poor grade. Besides, they were constantly traveling anyway’s.

Kojiro and Kaoru seemed to fill that hole lately however. At first, Miya pushed them away with the mental that he didn’t need them and nor did he even deserve them in the first place.

But after he had sit down and shared dinner with them at Sia la luce a few months back, Miya opened up with them a bit more.

Today was harder than the others however. And it didn’t get better when he was yelled at the moment he entered followed by having to listen to his parents arguing.

Now, here he was, laying in his bed with a pillow over his head as he cried softly to himself. Miya had tried to play music, cover his ears, even take a shower to drown out the noise yet nothing could mute his parents’ screaming. At first it was annoying, but now it was simply heartbreaking.

It only took a few more minutes before Miya had had enough with the noise and searched through his room for his skateboard that he grabbed securely in his hands before hastily crawling down the ladder outside of his bedroom window. With a text to his mother (who never cared where he went anyway), Miya was off to Sia la luce where the dinner service was starting to simmer down.

The rain was still pounding with a touch of thunder when the boy entered the glass doors. Kojiro could be seen tidying things up with the restaurant while Kaoru looked at him with a glass of what seemed like wine.

When the door creaked open, at first, Tojiro thought that it was a customer. Shit, he forgot to lock the door.

“Sorry we’re- Miya? Are you alright?”

The boy stood there at first, unknowing what to do. Kojiro frowned and moved forward.

A sob however interrupted the silence, a sob that came from Miya himself. He covered his eyes whilst attempting to roughly wipe his face yet it was no use as the tears continue to flow down his face.

“Oh, kid.” Kojiro whispered before bending down.

“Come with me, yeah? Take a seat and tell us what’s troubling you.”

Miya could only nod with yet another sob escaping him as he was sat next to Kaoru at a booth. It wasn’t surprising at this point that Miya had made himself comfortable on the pink skater’s lap, sobbing into his shirt like there was no tomorrow.

“Breathe Miya, breathe. Everything’s alright now. What’s going on, hm?” Kaoru asked with gentle hands rubbing the boys’ back while Joe did close to the same.

“T-they… they j-just won’t stop… I-I can’t do it any-anymore,” the boy sobbed. The two nodded. They knew exactly what Miya meant. His parents had been fighting again.

Kaoru hushed him gently and began to Rock Miya back and fourth in a soothing motion in order to calm him further. His breathing had gotten far too fast from crying than their liking.

“Breathe for me, okay? Just try to take some deep breathes and focus on us,” Kojiro spoke carefully to avoid any further upset from the boy. Miya followed their deep breathes, slowly yet surely calming down.

“There we are, just settle down. You’re alright,” Kaoru spoke with his usual, calm voice. Miya’s sobs had completely stopped and now all that the two could see was a broken boy who just wanted a family.

“I think some food would suit you. Have you eaten dinner?” Kojiro asked while Miya had his eyes closed with his head against Kaoru’s chest. The young teen nodded and thought for a moment.

“T-that… that ravioli y-you make?” His voice asked in an unnaturally shy tone.

Kojiro nodded with a smile, “sure, kid. I can whip that up for you. Let’s get you some water and bread for while you wait. Don’t worry, free of charge since it’s after hours.”

Miya nodded and turned further into Kaoru’s lap. He had been starting to get comfortable with physical contact as of late due to never being used to feeling so… so loved.

“How are you feeling? Okay?” Kaoru asked gently, rubbing the kids’ shoulders which made him notice that Miya was shivering and damp from the thunderstorm outside.

“Would you like me to get you some dry clothing? I have some hoodies that might suit you,” Kaoru explained with a gentle voice to which miya nodded yet made no move to slip off of the elders lap.

“C-can I come with you?…”

The calligrapher smiled, this kid was really opening up.

“But of course. Kojiro and I’s apartment is just upstairs as usual.”

Miya stood from his initial spot, shyly taking Kaoru’s hand and following him upstairs to where the couple’s living area was. Miya had been in there a handful of times, Christmas (specifically secret Santa), visiting Kaoru after his nasty tumble with the love hug where Miya spent the entirety talking to the man, and now, when all the teen wanted was to escape the noise.

Kaoru allowed the boy to stroll into his walk in closet where, as promised, sat an array of hoodies that Miya was open to choose from. He settled on a pale yellow one with characters on it as well as a pair of comfortable white sweatpants. Kaoru allowed the boy to have his privacy to change, smiling when he saw how baggy the clothing was on him.

“You look so tiny!”

Miya glared teasingly at him, “h-hey!”

Kaoru shrugged with a smirk and led the boy back downstairs to Kojiro’s restaurant where the promised ravioli was out and ready alongside a glass of soda. Miya smiled weakly, sitting in between the two and digging into his dinner. Delicious as usual.

Kaoru and Kojiro exchanged a few words about random things that came into their heads while Miya simply listened. He was starting to get tired, where would he sleep tonight? Back at his house?

Kojiro took Miya’s dishes and utensils when he finished his meal, returning just as quickly as he left.

“S-so should I-I leave or-“

“No, kid. You don’t have to leave if you don’t feel like heading home. Our couch folds out to a bed. How about you sleep there? We have a spare toothbrush too.”

Miya felt like crying, practically overwhelmed by the gratification from the couple sitting beside him. He simply nodded and followed Kaoru and Kojiro back up to their apartment where he watched as the couch was transformed to a bed with ease. Kaoru meanwhile had located two blankets; one weighted and the other regular.

Miya sat on the bed hesitantly after plugging in his phone for the night before completely laying down, allowing the warmth and security to wash over him with s hint of relief. He could hear Kaoru and Kojiro getting ready for bed in the other room. The sink was running, which meant that the pink haired skater was likely doing his skincare while Kojiro rambled quietly.

The noise began to lull Miya to a state of sleep, pulling the blankets practically over his head. It was an instinct at this point, a way to drown out noise when his parents yelled. But tonight was silent and calm for once.

Miya smiled to himself as he drifted off to the sounds of soft chuckling and running water.

So this was family.