Actions

Work Header

[Podfic of] Pizza Night

Summary:

Podfic by klb of Pizza Night by chainofclovers.

Author's summary: Even after several years in the UK, Ted hasn’t gotten tired of watching the countryside go by out the window of the team bus. En route to away matches, he’s usually too amped up to notice much, but on trips back home he has better capacity to take in his surroundings. He admires the rolling hills, the bare winter trees swaying in the wind, the mottled grey of the sky. The occasional cluster of sheep makes him smile, as does the way Roy grunts in acknowledgement—his performance of the decent-boyfriend-humoring-partner’s-enthusiasm archetype is always pitch-perfect—whenever Ted nudges him to try to get him to appreciate sheep, too.

Notes:

I feel like every time I record chainofclovers fic I have a just-recovering-from-illness voice, and that's true here once again. But it's a compliment, because what is more comforting in this world than chainofclovers fic? Of course it's gonna be my go-to in times of recovery!

And this story in particular is really special. I loved it so much, especially the ending—it took me 4 or 5 tries before I could get through the last sentence because it was so beautiful and moving it kept making me cry!

Work Text:

Streaming Audio

Download

  • MP3 | Size: 17.2 MB | Duration: 22:52