Actions

Work Header

What's the Recipe for Love?

Chapter 9: The Tower

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

Night came and the group came back to the hotel, exhausted. They had been sightseeing and touring all day.

“Okay, I’m beat. Goodnight, everyone.” Oka said with a yawn.

“I’m going to the arcade next door, do any of you slimes want to come?” Miya asked.

Kaoru shook his head and took Kojiro’s hand, “No, bed for us, too.”

Langa looked at Reki, who shrugged, “Could be fun.”

“Okay, let’s go.” Langa agreed.

Soon, they were on the busy sidewalk walking to the arcade with Miya.

“So, you two are together now, right?” Miya asked.

“What– Miya! How did you know?” Reki groaned.

“I figured if anywhere, it would finally happen in freakin’ Paris. But you guys have been making googly eyes at each other since Langa started. It was bound to happen soon.”

Reki groaned and hid his face with his hands.

“Don’t be embarrassed, Reki, you’ll hurt my feelings.” Langa joked.

“I don’t mean to, it’s just embarrassing!”

“Nah, it’s not embarrassing. Be happy you have each other.”

“Miya?” Langa whispered.

“I know I’m just in middle school, but I’m jealous to not have a job or a girlfriend yet. I’m envious of you two, I really am.”

“Don’t worry, Miya, you’ll find somebody. Someone who lights a fire in your heart.” Reki patted Miya’s back.

“Thanks, slime. I’m going to kick your ass at these games, now.” Miya said while he turned to enter the arcade.


“Miya’s been on that game for an hour, I’m bored. Let’s leave.” Reki whined to Langa.

“Okay, I’ll just tell Miya.”

Reki waited by the door while Langa tried to make contact with the kid lost in space to a shooting game. He watched as Langa tapped his shoulder and Miya dying, then screaming at Langa. But he must have gotten the message across somehow, because Langa headed back over to Reki.

“Where do you want to go?” Langa asked Reki.

“Let’s go back to those gardens outside the Eiffel Tower.”

“Yeah? Romantic gardens?”

Reki playfully pushed Langa. “I don’t know what you’re thinking, but stop.”

“I was just thinking about kissing you in front of the Eiffel Tower at night and how great a picture it would be.”

“We could probably ask someone to take it…” Reki mumbled.

“Yeah?”

Reki nodded.

“Then let’s go!” Langa exclaimed, taking Reki’s hand and rushing toward the tower.

They made it to the gardens and asked a cheery-looking middle-aged woman to take the picture for them.

“Okay, dears, I’m ready to take your picture!”

Langa and Reki faced each other in front of the tower, and stared into each other’s eyes, before leaning in to kiss.

The woman showed them the picture, it was a little before they kissed but Langa liked it even better than way.

Langa & Reki about to kiss in front of the Eiffel Tower at night

“We look like such a cute couple!” Langa exclaimed.

“You two are a cute couple. Have a good night.” The woman waved goodbye.

“You too, thanks so much!” Reki said.

“Ready to go back to the hotel?” Langa asked.

“Yeah, we probably have another full day tomorrow.”

“Thank god I get to spend it with you.”

“Langa!” Reki blushed and laughed.

“Should we tell the others we’re together? Then we can be all sickeningly cute in front of them.”

“Sure, why not? I think Joe and Cherry like each other too.” Reki whispered.

“Really? Yeah, I see it…”

“Maybe we could ask Miya about it. He seems to know everything.”

Langa nodded. He took Reki’s hand and started walking toward the hotel, through the gardens. He turned and looked at the sparkling tower one last time.

“Thank you,” he whispered to his architectural wingman.

Reki raised his eyebrow.

“Nothing,” Langa smiled.

He wondered how many couples the romantic Eiffel Tower had gotten together so far. Millions? Tens of millions?

Either way, he was eternally grateful to get to be there with the one he loved. ♥

Notes:

Thank you everyone for reading, I hope you enjoyed it, and enjoyed the fanart! I really wanted to paint them in front of the tower, especially at night, since it's so golden and pretty.

If you have any tropes you want me to do, just let me know!

Series this work belongs to: