Actions

Work Header

Honey You're Familiar (Like My Mirror Years Ago)

Summary:

You, a former Rebel Medic, are spending your post-Rebellion days running a supply store on Nevarro. What happens when a Mandalorian bounty hunter becomes more than just a shop patron?

Follows Season 1 & 2 of the Mandalorian.

Notes:

I'm so excited to share this project! Shoutout to my best friend and muse, Dariann (@baby_dariann on twt), for beta reading and inspiring me to write this. I hope you all enjoy! <3

Chapter Text

9 ABY

Being from Nevarro, you were accustomed to seeing interesting faces pass through the supply shop you ran with your family. When it became the haven for the Bounty Hunters’ Guild, the interesting experiences only doubled for the Outer Rim planet you called home. During the Rebellion, you served as a medic for the Rebel effort, spending three years with the Rebel Alliance on various planets, before returning home again. From time to time you’d get calls to travel, or help someone in need, but for the most part slowed down to help with the family business. 

 

You were in the middle of taking inventory when the door opened, and one of your regulars, a Mandalorian, walked inside. Turning your head, you waved and gave him a polite smile. 

“Business must be booming. It’s been awhile, Mando.” You joked while walking behind the counter. 

 

“Something like that.” The Mandalorian replied while perusing one of the shelves. No matter how many times he visited, you couldn’t hide the smile that crossed your face at his deadpan jokes, “Did you happen to get a shipment of mednog in since my last visit?” 

 

“As a matter of fact, I did. Let me go grab it for you.” You hurried to the back of the shop, running your fingers over the crates to find it. “It just came in this morning so it’s not out on the shelf yet.” You called out, “How many bottles are you needing?” 


“Two.” He answered, now standing in the doorway that led to the back of the shop. The closeness of his voice made you jump and nearly drop one of the bottles you’d grabbed from the crate. 

 

“You have to stop sneaking up on me like that!” You protested, grabbing a nearby fruit and throwing it at him. A groan escaped your lips as he caught the fruit with ease. 

“Nice try.” Mando chuckled as he rolled the fruit around in his hand. 

 

Letting out a scoff, you put the mednog bottles into a satchel for him, slipping in an extra one free of charge, “I swear you go through this stuff like water. You must get your ass kicked a lot.” 

Mando tilted his head at you, wondering if you were crazy or just plain stupid giving this kind of banter to a Mandalorian, “That’s none of your business.” 


“So you do.” Deciding to drop the matter, you made your way back to the front of the shop, “Alright, what else is on your supply list?” 

 

“Some of those cookies. The blue ones.” He replied, “Some more of the fruit you tossed at my head, blue noodles, bandages, bacta patches, and that cream you gave me the last time I was here.” 

 

“Coming right up.” With a joking salute, you made your way to gather the supplies he’d requested, “So the cream did help then?” 

“Very much so.” He replied, rubbing one gloved hand over the other, “My hands especially feel a lot better because of it. Thank you.” 


“Anytime. I was able to snag some volcanic ash, which is said to have healing properties.” You answered cheerfully, bagging up the last of his items, “I’ve been experimenting with a few other things too. Trying to make my own medicines so we aren’t so reliant on bacta.” Grabbing your holopad, you began to enter in all the supplies he’d purchased to give a total, “These are trying times, you know.” You tried, and failed to imitate how he sounded with the voice modulator, only to be met with another head tilt from Mando. 

“Bad joke, sorry.” You coughed into your arm and passed the supply satchel his way, “That’ll be 80 credits.” 

 

“You didn’t charge me for the extra mednog.” Mando pointed out as he rummaged through the satchel to make sure he had everything he needed. 


“I believe what you’re trying to say is ‘Thank you.’ Anyway, hopefully I’ll have some more remedies for you to try next time you’re in town.” 

Mando nodded and slid the credits towards you, “Thank you. Until next time.” He slung the bag over his shoulder and walked out. 

 

“Take care of yourself, Mando.” You said with a wave and watched him exit. With a flustered huff, you held the holopad to your chest before hurrying to busy yourself with inventory again.