Actions

Work Header

Of the Sea and Fire

Summary:

With the touch of his hand, the gaze of his amethyst eye, and the desire in his words...Lucerys Velaryon knows that we are meant to burn together.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Chapter 1

Notes:

(Rewriting)

Chapter Text

 

 

Being on a dragon's back made Lucerys Velaryon feel free.

 

Free from titles. Free from responsibilities.

 

It also made him feel more like an ordinary human. Dragons were magnificent creatures. Humans were so small and fragile compared to them. It made him feel humble to think about this.

 

Arrax soared up into the sky. Lucerys was tempted to yell ‘Dracarys’ but remembered that his mother wouldn’t like it if he dirty a sea-green embodied silver thread cloak that he just received as a gift for his name day.

 

Lucerys Velaryon turned four and ten. He did not feel like a grown-up but in Westeros being four and ten was considered to be a man, ready to fight war or take a wife. Sadly, his mother, Rhaenyra Targaryen, the heir to the iron throne still considered him a babe, along with his step-father, Daemon Targaryen, and his older brother Jacaerys Velaryon. He had also stayed the same height for a couple of years, mother promised he would grow more but Jacaerys joked that he would remain the same height forever.

 

Arrax circled Blackwater Bay, almost too far from the shore for Lucerys to reach Dragonstone. The sky was clear and the wind was kind, so he stayed a bit longer in the sky. Arrax seemed not pleased when Lucerys commanded him to go back to Dragonpit, his dragon hissed which sounded more like a sigh before flying back to the keep. 

 

The dragonkeepers were waiting for them when Lucerys and Arrax landed in the middle of the Dragonpit. He got off Arrax's back and laughed when his pearlescent dragon nudged his head with Lucerys, he could see his reflection in Arrax's golden eyes.

 

'You reek of dragon'

 

'Better than the mud smell of yours'

 

Jacaerys laughed out of satisfaction. Lucerys seemed to be getting better at snapping back now. He could tell Jacaerys had just returned from training thanks to the smell of mud. This was mesmerizing since Lucerys had lost count of the number of times he had fallen on his back.

 

'How is your training?'

 

“Daunting”

 

'I’m not amazed. Cole despises us. He won’t let any opportunity to knock us down slip away.'

 

'Well. Whatever makes men stronger'

 

'…I wish Ser Harwin was still here'

 

Both of them fell silent. Lucerys knows he shouldn’t say this but Ser Harwin was more patient towards them and gentler. Lucerys didn’t mind being knocked down for the sake of training. Cristen Cole, however, would not let them learn but kept swinging his sword at Jacaerys and Lucerys until they fell.

 

'It's training time. Go now.'

 

After a change of clothes, Lucerys grabbed his sword and headed out to the courtyard. He saw his life flash before his eyes when Cole swung a sword at him. As expected, but unknowingly, Cole struck the sword's pommel on his nose, knocking him to the ground.

 

Lucerys Velaryon always knew he would never master the arts of war; thus he put time and effort into the arts of literature, history, and ruling as he was the heir to Driftmark. He still admitted that the moment he lay flat on the ground made him feel vulnerable.

 

No one helped Lucerys up but he didn’t mind lying on his back for some time. The rain started falling.

 

The taste of metal on his tongue made him hope that this would not be the second time his nose broke. Lucerys finally got up when the rain began to pour. Rain fell like the gods' rage, making it harder to see the surroundings.

 

But amidst the rain, Lucerys saw a glimpse of a blue gleam.

 

Then it disappeared.

 

 

 

 

-

 

 

 

 

'Mother. Daemon'

 

'Lucerys'

 

Lucerys’ smile combined greetings and apology to his mother and stepfather. He was the last one to reach the supper table. He sat down next to Rhaena Targaryen who smiled warmly at him. On his left was Jacaerys who sacrificed himself to sit next to Aegon—their uncle who consistently stank of ale and scented oil, which they assumed the latter he got from whorehouses on the silk street. They dared not say yet everyone knew.

 

Lucerys smiled at his aunt, Helaena, who he thought of as bright as the sun but many thought she was a different Targaryen. Queen Alicent Hightower sat next to Ser Otto Hightower, the hand of the king. Lucerys tried to stay away from those two as much as possible. He was young but not a dimwit to know that the Hightowers would pursue any evidence to declare that he, Jacaerys, and Joffrey were bastards.

 

That everyone also knew but was afraid to say.

 

Lucerys knew his grandsire loved his mother more than anyone. He refused the obvious look of brown hair, brown eyes, and a pug nose—not a single drop of Targaryen. Even though Lucerys' grandsire was old and tired, the king loved him as his own child. The king remembered his name day, remembered his dragon’s name, remembered his lack of combat skills; the king truly cared for him.

 

A piercing stare pulled Lucerys out of the sea of thoughts.

 

Across the table, Aemond Targaryen stared at him. Lucerys looked away and pretended to be listening to Rhaena’s story of a letter exchange with Baela who lived with her grandmother, Rhaenys Targaryen, at Driftmark.

 

He still felt the stare but he was not afraid.

 

More like regret.

 

The scar lay across Aemond’s right temple down to almost his jaw—it was Lucerys who did it. He tried to convince himself that he did it to protect Jacaerys, but he knew deep down that it was just a lie to make him feel better.

 

The scream of young Aemond still rang in his ears. Pain, tears, blood—everything felt like it had just happened yesterday. Sometimes Lucerys woke up in the middle of the night from that scream in his nightmare.

 

His love of the sea made Lucerys feel like a true Velaryon. It gave him comfort that the Red Keep could not.

 

The nightmare kept Lucerys awake during his stay in King’s Landing. Mother and Daemon came to King’s Landing once in a while to visit the King, but Lucerys spent most of his boyhood in Dragonstone. Dragonstone appeared as a grim place to the people of King's Landing, but it was home to Lucerys. The magnificent Stone Drum, the Great Hall, and Aegon’s Garden—all felt more like home than the Red Keep. Redkeep was always a foreign place for him.

 

Lucerys wandered around Maegor's Holdfast, out to the Godswood, lingered a little longer in the library where he never felt less entertained to read some pages of Aegon the Conqueror's story and stopped in the throne room.

 

The Iron Throne looked dangerous, literally. The iron throne sat atop an unlikely platform—twisted, massive, and unpleasant. Mother said it was the most dangerous place in the world, and Lucerys knew she meant it both literally and metaphorically.

 

'Are you lost, boy?'

 

That voice.

 

He turned back to see a tall figure at the throne room’s entrance. Aemond’s long pale blonde hair glistered under the moonlight. His uncle always looked composed, stood solidly, and held those hands behind his back as if he were ready to grab a weapon as soon as a threat approached.

 

'Uncle'

 

Lucerys paused a little.

 

'I’m not lost, nor am I a boy'

 

'How wonderful'

 

Lucerys escaped his nightmare to face the real one.

 

'Running away from the fight?'

 

'No'

 

Aemond stood between Lucerys and the entrance, so Lucerys knew he couldn't easily get through, but hopefully without violence. He noticed Aemond’s hand on the grip of the dagger hanging at his waist. He knew what Aemond was after.

 

'I’m right here, uncle'

 

Aemond smiled slightly.

 

'If you wish to do what you have been thinking about for so long, then slay me down'

 

'A boy wishes for death'

 

'No. I wish for the nightmare to end'

 

Aemond seemed surprised by his statement.

 

'So you dreamed of me?'

 

'I fear. I dream of the deeds I’ve committed'

 

Lucerys did not back away when Aemond stepped forward—closer to him.

 

'Things I committed and wish to take back, wish they had not happened'

 

'Like what?'

 

'Your eye…your eye is one of them'

 

Lucerys knew it was Aemond’s triggering word because as soon as it slipped from his mouth, his body got pummeled down with sudden force. Lucerys fell on his back. Fortunately, his head didn’t hit the ice-cold floor of the throne room.

 

When Lucerys opened his eyes, he saw Aemond’s menacing expression and the dagger's blade so close to his face. His uncle's strong body pinned him down on the ground, leaving him helpless.

 

'Shall it be now then? That I will take my debt'

 

'If you wish, uncle'

 

Lucerys felt hot breath on his face.

 

Now.

 

Just for the nightmare to end.

 

Then he closed his eyes. Aemond only needed one of them. It would be quick. He wouldn’t feel pain for a long time since Aemond was a skilled swordsman.

 

The sudden grip on his jaw made Lucerys open his eyes in confusion to see Aemond's face closer to his own. Aemond leaned even closer—perhaps to mock Lucerys' cowardice and helplessness by seeing the fear in his eyes.

 

'Aemond?'

 

Uncle’s name slipped from his mouth. The grip on his jaw made his lips part slightly. Still, with confusion—a slight cold brush of the dagger's blade on his lips sent him into a state of confusion. He lifted his hand and pushed Aemond's chest.

 

Lucerys felt a rapid pulse in his palms instead.

 

Aemond still looked at him.

 

'Uncle? What do you…'

 

'Bastard'

 

Then Aemond got up and left him.

 

The throne room door closed loudly, and Lucerys could not process what had just happened.

 

In his palm, he still felt that heartbeat.

 

He woke up the next morning to the sound of the city bell. Lucerys rubbed his face, still half awake when mother pushed the door into his chamber.

 

Something was wrong.

 

Mother's face was pale and her violet eyes looked vulnerable as she shed a tear. She smiled before hugging Lucerys tightly.

 

'Mother? Is something wrong?'

 

'Your grandsire has passed'

 

His body froze as if he had fallen into the cold sea during winter.

 

'Mother…'

 

'We are going outside the gate. Prepare yourself.'

 

If he was to be the Lord of the Tides, that meant everyone would die. Lucerys recalled what he said to Lord Corlys Velaryon, his grandfather. He didn’t want to lose anyone, anyone in his family. The atmosphere was gloomy and melancholic. Lucerys held his tears in while mother, Queen Alicent, and Helaena could not.

 

Syrax awaited on the hill. The dragon knew that mother needed some time to see the king one last time. Lucerys held Joffrey’s small hand and smiled to console him even though he was certain Joffrey was too young to understand grief.

 

'Dracarys'

 

Fire and blood.

 

The Targaryen were made of blood, died in fire, and flew into the sky in ashes as if they were on a dragon's back. Like now—Lucerys' grandsire soared high in the sky, riding Balerion. He looked up at the black smoke and ashes that were carried up by the wind.

 

Lucerys hoped his grandsire would have a pleasant passage.

 

Dragons have a special bond with their riders, a bond that cannot be explained in words. Arrax whined a bit when Lucerys stepped into the Dragonpit. The creature seemed to sense what he felt. Arrax pushed him with its nose and nibbled his hair, giving him comfort.

 

That made Lucerys laugh.

 

'Avy jorrāelan, Arrax'

 

'How depressing. Having only a dragon to say that to'

 

Hearing that voice, the hair behind his neck stood up. Lucerys grabbed the rein tightly as Arrax hissed at the newcomer. Aemond was in flying gear as well, but Vhagar was not in the Dragonpit. She's too large.

 

'He is not just a dragon to me, he is my friend'

 

Arrax seemed pleased with his statement. He bent down like hugging Lucerys.

 

'Uncle'

 

Lucerys turned back to find that Aemond was still looking at him. He didn't know what that look in his eyes meant.

 

'What?'

 

'Are you going back to Oldtown?'

 

'Why the fuck would I go back there?'

 

'I heard…some lords said that the queen might go back to reside in Oldtown after mother becomes a queen'

 

'That sounds like good news for you'

 

'No'

 

'Hmm?'

 

'I wouldn’t like that… because we’re family'

 

As Lucerys looked away from Aemond, Arrax still watched every move he made.

 

'Mother says we are stronger together. She would never want Queen Alicent to leave the capital. Well—Aegon might be a drunkard but he is genuinely pleasant. He used to take it easy on me when we were kids. Helaena, oh Helaena is one of my favorite people in the Seven Kingdoms. She always tells tales and stories to me and gives me sweet plums. She also gave me embroidery for my name day. And Queen Alicent…I know she never was especially fond of me but she is kind, she loved grandsire as well'

 

'What of me then?'

 

'What of you?'

 

'You wish me to stay. It means that I’m a part of your little life'

 

'We hardly talk…I never dare to speak to you'

 

'That I knew'

 

'But I regard you as my family, always'

 

Aemond laughed hysterically.

 

'Being kind will get you killed someday, boy'

 

'Mother likes that I’m kind. Lord Corlys said that to be a good leader, a man must be good-hearted. Being kind makes people feel comfortable around me…which makes me happy'

 

'How depressing'

 

Dragonkeepers took Arrax down the Dragonpit after Lucerys decided that he was not in the right state of mind to ride. Aemond still stood in his way.

 

'What do you want?'

 

'Why? My sweet nephew wants me to stay, so here I am'

 

Lucerys didn’t mean right now.

 

'Uncle'

 

'What?'

 

'Why—did you do that last night?'

 

'That?'

 

'You leaned into me as if…'

 

The words escaped his mouth.

 

'What are you intending to imply?'

 

'Doesn’t matter'

 

Aemond seemed irritated and demanded an answer. The strong hand grabbed his jaw. The force felt like Aemond was trying to strangle him.

 

'Speak now'

 

'I—'

 

'It appears that your mother taught you to be kind but not brave'

 

'I…thought you despise me. Disgusted of my presence and existence after…'

 

'After what you did?'

 

Lucerys had cold sweat on his forehead, but he was certain that Aemond wouldn't let him go if he didn't say anything.

 

'I’m sorry, uncle. I’m sorry for what I did. I’m sorry for making fun of you when we were young, I’m sorry about the pink dread. I…'

 

'Shut up'

 

It became harder to breathe once Aemond gripped harder.

 

'Uncle…I…'

 

'Don’t presume things with your stupid little head'

 

Then he let go.

 

'I don’t despise you'

 

 

 

 

Chapter 2

Summary:

(Rewriting)

Chapter Text

 

 

 

The coronation proceeded smoothly. Mother's interaction with the queen dowager was another unexpected change. More words were exchanged, and more smiles were noticable, which made mother seem even happier.

 

There was a rumor that mother might slay down the Hightowers and her step-siblings if she sat on the Iron Throne. Mother, however, never intended to harm anyone. Keeping her word, she would let them live and stay in the capital if they wished. Lucerys was certain that his mother and Queen Alicent had a history dating back even before he was born; their bond was strong and could not be shattered by the others. 

 

There were changes in the council as well; Lord Corlys returned to Master of Ships, Ser Otto Hightower to be Master of Laws, Lady Rhaenys and the Queen Dowager Alicent to be mother’s advisors, Aemond Targaryen to be Lord Commander of the City Watch, and Daemon to be Hand of the queen. The two sides of Black and Green balanced power, reducing tension within the council. Ser Otto seemed to be amiable toward them as well—how strange.

 

Jacaerys Targaryen wass named the Prince of Dragonstone at the coronation, while Lucerys was already the heir to Driftmark. Absolutely, there were more learning and responsibilities for him, so he had no spare time to play around like he used to, no longer. Their stay in King's Landing extended as mother was just crowned.

 

Since Driftmark was the marine frontier, Lucerys had to be in the council when diplomatic disputes with Essos arose. Grandfather Corlys asked for his thoughts on some matters, for Lucerys to establish his voice and sharpen his wits. Some part of Lucerys liked it, but deep down he didn't enjoy the Lordship he was prepared to be.

 

The only escape was flying with Arrax. As he let go of both hands, he reached as high as he could. Lucerys would laugh while Arrax whined unpleasantly about Lucerys' safety. They would soar above Blackwater Bay for hours.

 

Another peculiar thing was Aemond. Since their last encounter in the Dragonpit, his second uncle had been acting strange. Before they hardly talked, but it got complicated to be around him. Then he would have to meet Aemond in the council. Aemond who wore armor and a gold cloak. Aemond still had the same look when he looked at Lucerys, less intimidating but uneasy.

 

Apart from royal matters and responsibilities, Lucerys was looking forward to the coronation ball after a fortnight of grandsire’s mourning. Baela came to the capital for this occasion as well as lords and ladies from across the Seven Kingdoms and Essos. Baela, Rhaena, and Lucerys would sneak out of the Red Keep, play around the Street of Steel, and spend coins in the Shop of Jobs Mott for sweets and accessories. Lucerys knew that this time of us will not last forever, but at least for the. Just for as long as he could hold on to this memory.

 

'You look like a Velaryon'

 

'And you look like a Targaryen'

 

Jacaerys laughed and clung to his shoulder. His brother wore a red and black cloak with a three-headed dragon breathing flames of Targaryen while Lucerys wore Velaryon colors of sea blue and silver. They talked about small matters and laughed a lot on the way to the throne room. When they arrived, the celebration had already begun. When they entered, people stood up and the hall went silent. Daemon gave them a mischievous look since they were late, knowing that mother wouldn't be pleased. Lucerys sat down between Baela and Rhaena. They started whispering about the houses of the Seven Kingdoms, sharing gossip of the lords and ladies.

 

Essos wine tasted like a warm summer day and exotic fruits, making it easy for Lucerys to gulp several cups down. Baela and Rhaena made him laugh uncontrollably as they danced. Lucerys didn't refuse a request to dance from some young ladies of other houses, and he behaved honorably. Even he was so drunk and had little to no control over his body. Jacaerys had fun dancing with Baela, Helaena danced with little Joffrey who seemed to be blissful, and even Aegon had fun and talked to young Lords. When Lucerys heard his oldest uncle laugh out loud with delight, he couldn't help but smile.

 

He took the responsibility to take Joffrey back to his chamber when the hour was late, then returned to the ball. He sat down by the stairs to sober up. Both of his cheeks were warm and his lips were numb from the good wine.

 

'How astonishing of this'

 

That was surely a familiar voice.

 

Lucerys lifted his heavy head. The torches along the stairway were too far apart, too dark for him to really see.

 

'Little Lord can barely get himself up'

 

'Wine from Essos. Real delight'

 

A shadow towered over Lucerys.

 

'You drown yourself like Aegon always does. I assume it runs in the family'

 

'He was the one who slipped ale into my cup when I was six'

 

'What?'

 

That person sounded in disbelief.

 

'Get up'

 

'Let me be. I’m too tired'

 

Seemed like this person was not patient nor believed in his word. As soon as Lucerys whined, he got pulled up and carried. Lucerys wrapped both arms around the strong shoulders of this person and leaned on those shoulders.

 

His laugh sounded drunk and hysterical.

 

'What?'

 

'Aemond…'

 

Hands gripped a bit tighter than before. As this person walled down the stairways, the movement made Lucerys feel like being rocked to sleep as a babe.

 

'I like you too, not only Aegon and Helaena'

 

Lucerys tried to concentrate on the words he said.

 

'You're kind...but nobody notices that because they think you're ruthless. But you let Helaena put her insects on you. Thousand times you must search for Aegon and carry him back to the Red Keep before the Hand and dowager queen notice. Therefore, I like you too'

 

'You like me?'

 

'Yes. We’re family. Always.'

 

He rocked his head back to see Aemond’s face better. Targaryen's purple eye was fixed on him. Lucerys was unable to understand the look in that eye.

 

A cold touch caressed his cheek gently, and fingers brushed through his temple and his hair. Aemond’s touch felt pleasant. Lucerys hardly recalled the last time they were in contact physically, when they fought over Vhagar, when Aemond helped him back on his feet at the training ground, or when they were little kids.

 

'Hmm'

 

'I never know what’s in your mind when you make that sound, uncle'

 

'Do you want to guess?'

 

Aemond’s finger stopped at the corner of his mouth.

 

'You…are annoyed by a drunk boy who sits by the stairway?'

 

'You said yourself that you are no longer a boy'

 

'Then I don’t know'

 

'I’m thinking that…'

 

'I’m dying to know. Don’t pause just there'

 

Lucerys might be too drunk that he heard Aemond’s chuckle.

 

'That…you are not as unpleasant as I thought'

 

'That is quite mean…'

 

'And that I understand why those little ladies lined up just to dance with you or those lords stole a glance at you on the floor'

 

'Why is that so?'

 

'Your appeal…your beauty, to be precise'

 

'My beauty?;

 

'Having a Strong blood doesn’t appear to be entirely unfavorable'

 

Calling him a ‘bastard’ again, such an Aemond’s thing.

 

'Dark eyes, stubborn nose, brown waves…not so boring'

 

'But I like your eyes more. I wish I had eyes like yours, like mother and Daemon'

 

'What do you like about it?'

 

'It looks like a gemstone… like those I was gifted at Dragonstone. The color purple is one of the rarest'

 

'Hmm. Is that so?'

 

Lucerys nodded slightly.

 

'I like it'

 

'You like my eye, you like me. I’m flattered by the affection of the little Lord'

 

'You’re so cocky, uncle'

 

'Say my name'

 

'Why?'

 

'I like it when you say my name'

 

Was this really Aemond Targaryen?

 

Lucerys moved back to see his uncle’s face. Aemond had strong facial features; a stern look in his eyes, high cheekbones, a prominent nose, and thin lips—this person holding him had them all, so it must be Aemond.

 

'Aemond…'

 

Cold fingers rubbed the corner of his mouth again, making Lucerys’ lips part slightly.

 

'Hmm'

 

'Luke!'

 

Rhaena and Baela rushed into them. Aemond had to let Lucerys down. He started to gain some consciousness as he saw Rhaena’s cold eyes glancing at Aemond. He calmed both of his sisters down and walked back to the throne room with Aemond behind.

 

Jacaerys forbade him from drinking more but allowed him to dance. He made friends with young Lords, had an enjoyable conversation with Cregan Stark, Jacaerys’s new friend from the North, and met the Prince of Dorne who invited him to sail to Sunspear.

 

He still saw his uncle’s eyes casting a look at him. Every inch of his skin was tingling, leaving him with a stringing sensation the entire night.

 

While Lucerys lied on his soft bed, his eyes remained wide open and he was unable to sleep. He was sober now but his skin felt hot from that touch.

 

It was not peculiar to fancy a member of the family, it’s a Targaryen thing. However, it was odd to fancy Aemond Targaryen. The feeling he was experiencing right now he couldn't even explain. He was scared of Aemond, but he didn’t hate Aemond.

 

Lucerys would leave King’s Landing for Driftmark in a month with Rhaena and great-aunt Princess Rhaenys, while Jacaerys would reside on Dragonstone with Baela. Joffrey, Aegon, and Viserys would stay with mother and Daemon, of course—they all would be apart. Driftmark was not too far from King’s Landing or Dragonstone, but it was still distant. He would miss Jacaerys mischievous smile, Baela’s stories of Essos wonders, Joffrey’s cute face and affections, and his little brothers’ faces. Lucerys would miss relatives in King’s Landing, too.

 

And Aemond.

 

'Uncle, can I have a private conversation with you?'

 

Other gold cloaks bowed at him and walked away, leaving only Aemond. There was something unfair about his uncle standing there in silver armor and wearing a gold cloak. Aemond looked mighty and glorious—ridiculously breathtaking. 

 

'What do you wish to say, nephew?'

 

'…Do you care to join me for a ride?'

 

 

 

-

 

 

 

As a boy, Aemond Targaryen noticed that he glanced at the young Prince of his half-sister a lot. Messy brown hair, a pug nose, or that big smile with missing teeth—all of that made Aemond think that his nephew was a little demon.

 

Turned out that Lucerys Velaryon wass the tender-hearted person in the family, other than Helaena.

 

Lucerys might still do mischievous deeds with Baela and Rhaena, but he was timid and attentive. He was different from the bold Jacaerys, the obvious rascal Joffrey, or the ostentatious Aegon. Lucerys could blush lightly when receiving praise or compliments. That low and soft voice was pleasant for the ears, Lucerys' words were always caring and expressive. That shy smile on the sweet face.

 

Last night especially, when Aemond saw Lucerys laugh and dance, looking like he was glowing with happiness and all the best things in the Seven Kingdoms. However, when young ladies asked his nephew for a dance or when those lords approached him and blushed when they saw Lucerys' smile, his fists clenched tightly. When that Cregan Stark said something that made Lucerys laugh uncontrollably. Aemond hated it when Lucerys laughed with other people or even seemed happy with them.

 

He followed Lucerys to the tower only to find his nephew sitting by the steps drunken from Essos wine. They were so close enough for him to sense that sweet smell from silky hair, and unnoticeable freckles on those cheeks. Aemond was daring enough to even feel those lips on his fingers, tempted to feel them on his lips too but his decency pulled him away.

 

Ever since he was a child, and even now, Amond couldn't stop looking.

 

As Lucerys mounted Arrax and flew over Blackwater Bay, his wavy hair flowed freely. Aemond followed on Vhagar. His dragon was around five times bigger than the young dragon so he had to keep his distance. He noticed Lucerys looking back sometimes but didn't say anything. They raced to the island in the middle of the bay and landed there.

 

Vhagar could remain on the island since it was spacious enough. Arrax looked afraid of Vhagar but got used to her in no time because of the little Lord's words of comfort. Lucerys talked to Arrax and then laughed out loud before getting off its back.

 

Aemond still wondered what his nephew wanted to talk about.

 

The island was surrounded by mangroves, but in the middle, there was a lake with water as blue as the sky. Lucerys took off the riding cloak, leaving only a cotton tunic on. He bent down to wash his face and drank water from the lake.

 

'...What a waste of my time'

 

Aemond stopped next to Lucerys despite his complaint. He gave the prince some time to consider what to say.

 

'I want to ask that…if I have to reside in Driftmark, will you consider visiting me sometime?'

 

Aemond was dumbfounded.

 

'…It doesn’t have to be often, just in the times of your availability'

 

Wasn't the boy afraid of him?

 

'I still want to see you from time to time'

 

'Why is that so?'

 

Aemond sharply turned his head to look his nephew in the eyes. Lucerys started to blush. Those brown eyes became teary from nervousness.

 

'Because…I…'

 

'If you want…I will consider'

 

'Really, uncle?'

 

'But you need to be more honest about what you want to say…'

 

Lucerys shuddered when touched by his hand. Aemond fondled that delicate face, down to the corner of those lips.

 

'…about what you want'

 

Those innocent eyes looked confused as Aemond stepped closer.

 

'Uncle, I…'

 

'Too young? You said yourself that you’re no longer a boy.”

 

Lucerys looks like he could cry from embarrassment at any second.

 

He grabbed Lucerys' elbow to come closer to him. Aemond could feel the thin arm under the tunic, and the frail body as he grabbed that small waist. There was panic in Lucy's eyes, but the young Lord was too afraid to break away.

 

Their foreheads touch, Aemonds leaned down since Lucerys was shorter. The tip of his nose brushed past the pug-nose and down to that lusciousness.

 

What he had desired to do for a long time.

 

Thier lips collided. The kiss was light but he was burning with desire. 

 

Aemond almost lost his mind when Lucerys' cheeks flushed with color. Lucerys' touch was naive but careful as they kissed. He saw teary eyes after we parted. Aemond prayed to the Seven for strength to hold back his vice.

 

'Uncle…'

 

'Say my name'

 

'…Aemond'

 

 

 

Notes:

Thank you for reading, hope you have a great day :)