5 Bookmarks

List of Bookmarks

  1. Tags
    Summary

    For his entire life, Kaoru has lived in the little apartment atop his family's bookshop. Each day is a well-oiled routine. He gets up, gets dressed, makes his bed, and goes over to the next-door cafe for coffee and croissants. With the morning cares out of the way he gets to work (serving the customers he likes and getting rid of those he doesn’t) and he spends his evenings at the pub with Hiromi or at home drinking wine and reading books with his beloved cat Carla curled up on his lap.

    His entire world is turned on its head, though, when he learns that the cafe where he (and his father before him) gets coffee every day is shutting down.

    Perhaps it wouldn’t be so bad if it wasn’t for the new tenant - a loud buffoon who for some reason turns a perfectly good cafe into a restaurant during the day and (good grief) a bar during the night.

    Kaoru’s routine is shattered. Losing the cafe he can handle (albeit not very well) but the noise from the bar keeps both him and Carla awake.

    Kaoru will not accept it. He needs Nanjo Kojiro gone - by any means necessary.

    (Or: A story about the difficulties of change, incredible stubbornness, and how sometimes what you least want is exactly what you need.)

    Language:
    English
    Words:
    8,158
    Chapters:
    1/3
    Collections:
    1
    Comments:
    11
    Kudos:
    46
    Bookmarks:
    5
    Hits:
    686
  2. 02 Nov 2022

    Public Bookmark

  3. 31 Oct 2022

    Public Bookmark

  4. 26 Oct 2022

    Public Bookmark

  5. 24 Oct 2022

    Public Bookmark

  6. 24 Oct 2022

    Public Bookmark