Actions

Work Header

The New Receptionist.

Summary:

After cutting ties with his terrible family and ex-wife, Stolas is finally “free.”
With Blitz by his side and the friends he's made, he's sure his life will become less hectic and... more relaxing!
But no Royal in the public eye ever truly disappears, and just because Stolas has been shunned from the Ars Goetia doesn't change the blue blood still running in his veins.

And didn't he still have a hit out on him...?

Notes:

That new episode was IT OMGGG
I just had to upload a little Drabble I wrote while waiting for it to come out.

I wanna make it into a series..

(See the end of the work for more notes.)

Chapter 1: “The Mattress“

Chapter Text

 

The room was quiet, the air conditioner whirring even quieter. 

 

The only lights being the dim orange from the bedside lamp,

 

And the red shine permanently being admitted from Stolas’ eyes. 

 

This was an abnormality. 

By this time on any other night, they would probably be balls deep in each other. 

Instead, they were just staring at each other, reveling in the feeling of this now being… their bed.

Stolas’ had a permanent, almost manic, smile on his face, and Blitz was silently laughing at him. 

But it would ruin the tender, sticky-sweet, feeling between them. 

 

“It’s not going to be a problem, right?” Blitz asked, shifting a bit.

“What do you mean?” Stolas shifted as well, Blitz gesturing to the mattress.

“Is the bed too small? Or…”

“Oh, it’s more than enough, Unless it’s cramped for you, my darling.”

“No, I was just worried since you’re bigger ,” 

 

Blitz’s mattress was large for sure, but it was still an imp-sized type deal, and Stolas was by no means imp-sized.  

Stolas has to scrunch his legs up a bit in order for his talons now to stick off the end of the bed, and if he’s not careful, his head could brush the headboard… 

His assets were still being worked out with the court, so at the moment, all he had were the clothes on his back, a suitcase, and whatever Blitz was willing to share. 

The Grimoire was technically still his as well, as it sat on the nightstand.

But other than that, Stolas’ didn’t have that much going for him now. 

No longer the “High-class, Goetian Prince.” now estranged from Ars Goetia without the need to retain his status. 

But somehow, he was more than happy to live with that, in this cramped bed, with this Red asshole. 

Wow.

 

“Once the papers are all drawn, my personal effects shall be implemented then.” Stolas hummed, Blitz rolling his eyes, the only time he’d break eye contact with him.

“Okay, Stols. If you’re going to do this commoner-shit right, you’re gonna have to start talking normally. Not all this uppity- shit.” 

Stolas laughed, “Whatever you say Blitzy. But I was just saying we can always work out changes whenever I get my cut. Not like Stella has rang me dry of my assets.”

“She did, didn’t she?” Blitz glared at the thought of Stolas’ bitch-ex-wife, thinking of all the dark things Stolas had told him about. About the things she did.

“Not just her. The Ars Goetia auctioned off specific items since they’re technically… not mine anymore.” Stolas sighed, “But it’s a lot to unravel, and not what I want to think about at the moment.”

“Right, sorry.” 

“No need for apologies,” Stolas’ voice was calm and easy, his hands circling around Blitz’s waist and pulling him closer. 

“I’d much rather look at you all night than worry about that nonsense.” 

“Sappy much?” Blitz tried to hate it, but this man was in his bed, and his nails felt too good digging into the flesh of his waist to push him away. Stolas purred and dipped down, nuzzling his face into Blitz’s bare chest, his noises tickling Blitz’s skin as he made them, impulsively nipping and making Blitz titter and squirm in his hold.

“Cut it out already, I get it!” He ran a hand through Stolas’ feathers, finding a particularly sensitive spot and massaging there, Stolas’ withdrawing with an even happier noise. 

His feathers puffed with pleasure, nipping once more before bringing his hands up to rest on Blitz’s shoulders, resting the side of his face on his chest, happily cooing. 

Thank you.” Blitz said breathlessly, Stolas only nodding as his laughter fizzled out.

They lay in silence once again, Blitz’s tail curling around Stolas’ own, a simple gesture Blitz hoped would go unnoticed time and time again.

But Stolas has quite a good memory.

He raked a hand through his feathers once again, Stolas shivering deliciously at his touch, looking up at him with glee.

This happy, fluffy, moment was about to rot Blitz’s teeth.

He had half the mind to let it, but he had a reputation to maintain.

 

Stolas was fully content with this life, it seemed. The little life Blitz made for himself, nowhere near the life Stolas led before. 

Yet, here he was, laughing at the prospect of joining his. 

 

Blitz wanted to ask, now that the two were quietly breathing together, skin to skin.

 

“Stolas..”

 

“Yes, darling?”

 

“Will it…ya know…be okay?” 

 

“What? The mattress? Sure it will.” 

 

Blitz blushed, “No. I mean…” he clicked his tongue, “Ugh. Yeah. The mattress.” 

 

Stolas’ secondary pair of eyes stayed locked on him, lovingly drinking him in.

 

“Why would I be worried about the mattress?”

 

Blitz’s brows furrowed, trying to see how he could explain this. 

 

“Well…yours was so… big, and comfy before.” 

Stolas now turned his head, trying to process what Blitz was saying. 

 

“I’m just still surprised you’d want… this mattress. It’s not nearly as good as your old one, I mean.” 

 

Stolas caught on far too quickly.

 

“Well, of course. In the abstract, my bed was objectively much better than this one.” Stolas sighed, getting up from Blitz’s chest, making the imp feel ominously cold. 

“But was that bed…chosen for me? Did I get a say in what I wanted my sheets to look like? Where I wanted the bed to be..?” He thought for a moment, then took Blitz’s hands, bringing him up with him.

“...Choose who I want in bed with me?” 

Blitz bit his bottom lip subtly, letting Stolas pull him up, both sitting upright.

No.” Blitz whispered, and Stolas nodded.

“But now, I get to choose my… mattress. I finally have a say in where I sleep, how I'll sleep.” 

He chuckled now, “Who cares what the bed looks like; How it feels? Even if we were out underneath the open stars, I’d be content…”

Blitz rolled his eyes again, thinking of how impractical it would be, he imagined Stolas batting away mosquitoes while cursing. 

However…

It didn’t make the sentiment any less winning.

 

“What matters is that now…I have a choice.” Stolas whispered, “ A decision that is all mine. And I choose…”

 

Blitz didn’t let him finish, capturing that motherfuckers yappy beak and knocking him on his back in a puff of feathers. 

 

Enough! Enough!” Stolas said breathlessly as Blitz pinned him down.

 

“That’s my line, you love-drunk-bitch!” 

 

Oh, be still my heart!” 

 

  It was another laughing fit between them again, the two melting into each other with not much intent to let each other go, the amount of feathers littering about the comforter had multiplied, the pair rolling around in each other’s arms. 

It was almost as if they were newly-weds, bathing in the warmth of each other. 

Their kiss was prolonged and filled with a lot of cooing and humming, Stolas’ fingers traced Blitz’s horn, gentle as a moth as he kissed his neck. 

“I get what you mean, Blitz.” Stolas reassured just in case he was following along wrong. 

“I know.” Blitz needy for the touch, “Wise ass.” 

“Oh, But I trust you will still ravish me well, mattress or not!” each word came out quickly between his kisses. 

“Heh..well, you can bet on that one. Weird how I haven’t taken you back here as much…and now you’re, like, living here.” 

Stolas barely chuckled, replaced with a small moan as one of Blitz’s roaming hands struck a bit too close to home..

eheh..Blitzy ...N-not now -”

“-What? You’re going to stop me right after all that? I’m hard as a fuckin’ nail.” He pressed his hard-on into Stolas’ side, expecting less resistance, but he promptly created some distance. 

Blitz groaned in protest, “What? Not in the mood? What a tease..”

“Of course I am , it would just be poor timing for what I’m about to say next.” Stolas was up on his side, leaning his head on his hand. 

Blitz didn’t like the change in his demeanor, but rolled onto his stomach and widened his eyes, giving him his full attention.

Stolas held out his other hand, waiting for Blitz to take it.

“...I don’t want to be a burden, Blitz.” he started, “Especially not to you. I don’t want to be reliant and dependent on you solely, leaving you to do the work all on your own.”

Blitz blinked, realizing he hadn’t exactly thought about the change in expenses now that Stolas (and by extension, Octavia. Who would be staying with them every other week.) was going to be living with him. Despite not even putting a ring on it yet, Stolas had…no job.

Probably another few months worth of money to help with payments…but other than that, nada. 

“Oh, well, of course. I wouldn’t have even let you do that!” Blitz scoffed, “Book or not, you still need to cough up some dough if you’re going to stay with me.” 

Stolas nodded, “Naturally, which is the main reason why I wanted to bring it up. Since you hadn’t already.” 

“Yeahh, I kind of got caught up in the whole…”Sexy-bird-now-lives-with-me” situation.” this received an extra chuckle from Stolas, which was what Blitz was aiming for, getting a stab of pleasure. 

“Well, good thing I caught you.” Stolas squeezed his hand, “So...How do I even go about getting a job?” 

Blitz winced at the thought, thinking back to his teenage years working as a party-clown for scraps…

He’d hate for Stolas to get any job like that, despite being a disgrace to his royal blood-line, he was far too good for a minimum wage job. Or any normal job for that matter! Despite his estrangement, Stolas still had access to his high-rank powers, since most of it was muscle memory. 

Wait…

“… Do ya just wanna work for me?”

Stolas blinked, “You’re asking if I would like to kill with you?” 

“Assassinate is a better word. But you’re gettin’ better with the commoner-talk, Stols’!” Blitz wriggled his fingers, Stolas looking at their intertwined hands. 

“It could be fun! And you’re… real good at killin’, you know.” 

Stolas smiled at the compliment, “Why thank you…but I’m afraid that wouldn’t exactly be…my place. I’d hate to take away from whatever salary your employees are making.” 

Blitz was confused, but then it clicked.

Stolas’ powers were probably worth their entire armory.  

“Besides, I'm more or less a conscientious objector.” Stolas laughed to himself, looking as if he was imagining fighting alongside the rest of I.M.P, but Blitz was confused all over again, “God, did you eat a thesaurus or something?” 

Ah, right. Sorry.” Stolas cleared his throat, “But I really only wish to keep my havoc at a minimum?” 

“Yeah, good point. And I'd feel really bad if you, like, got hurt.” 

“Well, now that’s an insult to me!” Stolas glared, “ How could a puny, little, human lay a hand on me? Especially if you’re nearby?” his voice was darkened in the way Blitz liked with that final line, Blitz groaning. 

“Wow, and someone said they weren’t DTF.” 

“I-I am! Just let us settle this already.” Stolas huffed and let go of his hand, flopping onto his own stomach now. 

“But speaking of injury…I did study herbal medicine for quite some time, especially in my youth. But since I'm still in possession of my book, I'd be happy to help from the sidelines.” Stolas held his hand out once again, but this time not for holding, summoning a purple glow that willed the Grimoire to drop into his hand. 

“It has all these spells that could help with first aid too,” he began to mumble as he pointed at spells Blitz couldn’t exactly read, it was more in Loona’s department.

“I mean, you could teach Loony these, I know you like to jabber about plants and shit.” Blitz pointed with him, mimicking the way he dragged his nail along the pages.

“Since, you know, you don’t wanna be too much into the action. And loony wants to.” Blitz said longingly, Loona was still just a pup to him. Stolas finds it heart-wrenchingly endearing, due to the fact he also secretly still sees his Octavia as his little owlet. 

“Well, you wouldn’t have to pay me for that. I’d be more than happy to teach her for free.” Stolas said, “...Oh.” 

Blitz saw a lightbulb flicker in Stolas’ head, “What?” 

Stolas scratched his chin, a smile spreading across his face, surprised even Blitz didn’t even think about this first. 

“I mean…I’ve been managing papers for years, managing Finances And I do like talking.” Stolas waited, but Blitz wasn’t catching on. 

“And didn’t Loona want to go along with you all?” Stolas shimmied his shoulders…

“...Okay.” 

“Ugh, Blitzy. I can do the paperwork.” 

“Oh. Oh!” 

Stolas sighed, Blitz smiling with him, taking the book from his hands and putting it on the nightstand. 

“That works actually… perfectly.” Blitz laid his head down, Stolas following suit, this was a pretty heavy conversation.

“Besides, Mox was the one doing most of the bank-bo-shit . But do ya think you can manage that and do reception?”

“Oh, please. You think so little of me, hm?” Stolas stuck his tongue out at him, scooting closer to him.

“Ah, so now you wanna know what I think of you?” Blitz found himself moving closer as well, feeling Stolas’ breath on his face. 

 

Maybe.” Stolas responded, voice dripping. 



.

 

.

 

.






They’d finish that conversation later. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 




Chapter 2: Peaceful…Or Ominous?

Summary:

Babies-First-Day-At-Work?!?!?!?

Notes:

All your beautiful comments on the first installment were all so warm!!! Thank you so much!
I’ll be updating these as soon as I can, thank you for all the love and I hope you enjoy this next one!

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

.



.






Moxie and Millie arrived at the office at the usual time they’d always have. They chatted as they walked, Moxie holding Millie’s coffee for her they’d picked up before they got there. 

“What do ya think B’s got for us today?” Millie asked, “New client, maybe?”

Moxie shrugged, “Hopefully nothing too unexpected.” 

“Oh, c’mon. How come you’re not already used to it?” Millie joked, bumping his shoulder, making Moxie stagger, trying to keep the cups from spilling.

 

Millie!” 

“Whoops, sorry!” 

“Aren’t you two just the cutest!” 

 

The two jumped at the new voice, Moxie almost actually dropping the cups, if not for his wife grabbing both of them as the other imp basically tripped over his feet.

It was Stolas, holding a stack of papers in his hands. Moxie immediately steadied himself, Millie waving politely despite having her hands full. 

Moxie sweated, bowing his head a bit.

“Yes, Good morning your high-”

“No, no. The formalities are no longer necessary, little one.” Stolas smiled, but bowed back anyway, “I’m Stolas, and Stolas only.” 

“Right… Right!” Moxie chuckled, “N-not that I forgot about what happened.” 

 

When Stolas was initially disowned, tabloids ran rampant despite Ars Goetia trying their hardest to keep their disgraced Prince underwraps. 

He was an embarrassment, and regarded as a stain on their solid royal reputation.

 

Yet, the former prince stood before them no longer adorned in regal-wear, but rather in much more unceremonious attire, while still dressing smartly. 

He looked…more natural, the almost predatory and intimidating air dilated.

No longer was he status-refined, despite it seeming tragic… he did appear much happier, smiling without strain at the two.

Before now, he never even used to smile at them. 

 

“Well it’s good to see you’re doin’ well despite the whole thing, Stolas!” Millie tried saying his name plainly, even feeling weird to her. 

“As am I, It’s quite a relief.” The owl-demon said as he walked over to the receptionist’s desk, placing the papers down. 

“And if you don’t mind me asking, why are you here so early? Is Blitz even here yet?” Moxie asked, feeling more in his depth. 

“Well, I can tell you that Blitz is in his office at the moment,” Stolas couldn’t help but titter excitedly.

Almost on cue, Blitz walked through the door, usual gusto as he sipped his own coffee.

“Mornin’, gang!” he announced, another stack of paper beneath his arm, that he handed over to Stolas to put with the rest of them. 

Moxie watched this exchange, Millie setting their coffee cups down. 

“Now, I’m gonna address the elephant in the room, so hold onto your tits.” Blitz gestured to Stolas, 

“Since Stolas isn’t gonna be a lazy-ass forever, I've decided out of the goodness of my heart, to give him a job here.” 

Stolas nodded, Millie clapping. 

“Oh wow, Sir. That’s…actually, probably the nicest thing I've ever seen you do?” Moxie exclaimed, Blitz’s smile getting a bit tight.

Wow , mox! I just got here and you’re already shitting down my throat! I was even about to tell you how I gave one of your duties to him so the work-load would be a bit less strained, but since you wanna be a bad ass about it…”

Moxie jumped, “What?! I didn’t even mean it like that!”

“Guys, stop it! At least not in front of Stolas,” Millie whispered that last part, Stolas watching idly while fidgeting with the papers. 

Blitz cleared his throat, Right. 

He didn’t want Stolas’ first day working with him to seem unprofessional, and making an ass out of himself in front of him was an easy way to do just that. 

“Anyway, Stols, you know what to do,” Blitz gave him a thumbs up, Stolas saluting in a certain way that made Blitz feel like he was sending a kid off to kindergarten for the first time, watching as he sat down in the chair and turned on the computer, using his the other hand to start sorting through the paperwork with confidence, a purple glow turning a paper over.  

Hm, maybe Stolas wasn’t lying about knowing how to deal with this kind of thing.

 

Millie and Moxie watched Blitz watch Stolas, the two just rolling their eyes as their boss cleared his throat.

“Alright, now then, let’s go to the conference room, M&M! We have shit to get through and shovel out.” Blitz waved his arm, leading the two to the other room, leaving the other demon to his own devices. 

But as Stolas was about to log into the computer with the password Blitz gave him, he saw Blitz poke his head out the conference room door. 

He looked over at him, smiling. Blitz looked at him suspiciously, and Stolas gave him a thumbs up.

I’ll be fine, Stolas mouthed, and Blitz squinted at him before disappearing slowly into the conference room, shutting the door. 

Stolas shook his head, looking back at the monitor.

The computer was, admittedly, ancient. While Stolas wasn’t exactly tech-savvy, he was self-assured he’d be able to figure it out one way or another. 

The paperwork, however, was no problem at all!

Piece of cake, he thought to himself, settling a bit more comfortably in the chair now that he was all alone. 

He had been in the office before, but hell’s blistering sun had barely risen over the clouds, and with it being terribly empty, it was quite peaceful.

Or ominous. 

Oh well, The morning consisted of sorting through balances, bank statements… complaints. 

“Oh dear.” He chuckled to himself, looking at the thickness of that particular section, and placed it at the bottom of the pile. 

By the time the sun bled through the windows, footsteps were heard on the other side of the door, and Loona came stomping. 

“Ah, good morning, Loona!” Stolas said, chipper as ever trying to make the work seem less monotonous, as it was already beginning to be so. 

Loona grimaced, “Oh shit, I totally forgot your ass was going to be here.” 

Her voice was rude yet unreadable, but Stolas got enough of that from Octavia on one of her off days, and kept his smile. 

“Yes, indeed. You look well.” 

The hellhound scratched her arm sort of awkwardly, “...Thanks.” 

Stolas nodded, the two of them pausing and sort of wondering where else to take this. 

It was admittedly a little strange talking to one another, since they hadn’t really interacted much before. 

And not to mention the first night Stolas came in with Blitz was a story for the books..

 

.

 

.

 

.



“Watch your head.” Blitz said before Stolas walked in, the owl demon leaning down so he could get through the doorway at all. The ceiling was tall enough, putting his suitcase-full hands behind his back.

“Ah, I remember now.” Stolas looked around Blitz’s apartment, the imp looking back at him knowing he was being scrutinized.

“When was the first time you came over? I barely remember.” 

Stolas looked fondly at Blitz’s decor, “...I believe you were far too inebriated to recall this, but you wanted to show me something of the…horse variety?” he laughed a bit now, Blitz snapping his fingers.

“Oh, right! Heh,” Blitz thought he’d be embarrassed, but he laughed along with him, “We were both off our asses that night, huh?” 

“...very.” 

The laughing continued as Blitz went over to the couch, “My rooms to the right, you can go ahead and put your stuff in there.” he stretched his arms and yawned, “Satan, today’s been longer than my fuckin’ cock.” 

Stolas hooted, “Tell me about it, but I’m glad it’s finally over. Uh…Are you entirely sure you’re okay with me being here. I don’t want to intrude on your space.” Stolas began to get worried all over again, Blitz raising his hands.

“Stols’.” 

“A-and what about my daughter? She’ll need to stay here too on my weeks…Won’t it get crowded?” 

“Stolas!”

Stolas stopped in his tracts,  Blitz glaring at him.

But this Imp’s glare wasn’t born out of hatred, in fact, that grimace of his was soothing the Owl-Demon’s fragile nerves.

“The fuck makes you think I don’t want you here? Put your shit down already and get comfortable. Your feathered-ass isn’t going anywhere.” he soothed the best he could, “We’ll figure everything out in time. ‘Kay?”

Stolas nodded slowly, Blitz grinning. 

“You’ve had a day, Time to chill for a bit…
You deserve it.” 

Stolas sighed  and  bent down, pressing a kiss to his horn. 

“Thank you, darling.”  

Blitz was silent then, watching as Stolas went to his room, seeming to not even be bothered if it was clean or not. 

He seemed to stop caring about those little things, this space was his, but now Stolas’ space as well. 

There was nothing to hide. 

When Stolas reamerged, he tilted his head.

“Blitzy, you’re staring.” 

The imp just keep looking, “Oh, what? I’m not allowed to?”

The owl-demon cooed, “Of course not…just being deductive.” he closed the door quietly.

“Is Loona here?” 

Blitz saw his eyes look to Loona’s closed room door, shaking his head. 

“Nope. Just us.” 

Stolas nodded, Hand still on the doorknob as a comfortable silence washed over the two of them.

Blitz kept his eyes on him, Stolas looking back with a little smile.

The Imp smiled back, “...You wanna change out of that, or…?” 

“Hm?”

“I mean, you’ve been in ‘em all day.” 

Stolas looked down at his clothes, “Well, They are rather stiff.” No innuendo there.

Blitz’s smile morphed into something less friendly, Stolas raising a brow. 

The imp widened his knees all but enough, Stolas’ practically strutted towards him, letting the Imp prick at the buttons on his waistcoat, kneeling before him now. 

“I bow to thee.~” Stolas whispered, feeling the cool air on his upper body as he did so, Blitz watching as Stolas made a show of letting it slide down his shoulders. 

Blitz watched Stolas’s neck craned lower, rubbing his head against his thigh and humming, eyes hooded and full of desire, Blitz petting his head, all appreciative and complacent of escalating this further..

 

 

The sound of a key unlocking the front door sent the two into a fucking panic. 

Blitz almost kicked him if not for Stolas rolling out of the way, Loona’s voice heard on the other side of the door before it opened. 

“I’m home!” Loona announced, “I brought take-out, not like you care-“

She stopped in her tracks, Blitz panting wildly with an inconspicuously placed pillow on his lap, Stolas’ feathers littering about the couch, the carpet, but Stolas was nowhere In sight. 

However…

 

A portal could be seen leading right to Blitz’s room, where he was clearly seen struggling to put his clothes back on…

 

.

.

.



Stolas looked down at the paperwork, writing things down, hand going to his tie and straightening it. 

Loona just rolled her eyes, “It’s not my business what you want to do with him, ‘kay?” 

Stolas turned red, nodding. “I didn’t want-“

“-I’m sure you didn’t.” 

They stood in silence again, Loona giving the most reassuring smile she could muster, Stolas just sighing and clearing his throat as if there was anything to clear. 

“I, uh, hope you don’t mind me taking your position.” 

Loona leaned against the desk, scoffing, “Don’t mind? Dude, you did me a huge favor.” 

Stolas laughed, “Heh…right! Dude!” he gave her some finger guns, Loona looking at him funny. 

Work on not talking so uppity, he said to himself as he got ready this morning, but just shook his head and finished up another document, abandoning that plan all together at the reaction he got.

“Well, since you’re here, could you hand these over to Blitz? They’re in the conference room.” 

Loona nodded, taking the stack from him, noting the other stacks of paper on the desk.

“Shit, he’s already putting you through it, huh?” 

“What? Oh, no! Of course not, I'm more than happy to help out. I’m quite eager for work.” Stolas opened another file, putting his pen to it, “Nothing I can’t handle.” 

Loona skimmed through the papers, just some bank statements, like utility costs and electrical costs… wall damages…

Stolas’ handwriting was exactly how you’d expected it to be, and stayed neat on every single page. 

“And you did all this in what time?”

Stolas checked the digital clock on the computer, “Since 6.” 

 Loona was as impressed as a woman her age allowed, looking back at him one last time, before 

nodding as she began to walk in the direction of the conference room, her adoptive father’s rowdy voice could already be heard.

She burst through the door in the middle of a screaming-match between moxie and Blitz, Millie trying to de-escalate it, which was how Loona’s work days usually started. 

She shoved the papers into Blitz’s face as he was mid sentence, “Here.” 

Holy fuck, That was fast!” he read it over briefly, Moxie sneaking a look.

“Hold on…those statements date back to months ago? Where have you been hiding-” 

“Well thank FUCK we have someone to do that shit so we don’t go belly up!” Blitz pulled out a megaphone seemingly out of nowhere, “ Thanks, Birdbrain!” 

And in a matter of seconds, a happy hoot was heard from outside, Blitz nodding and putting the papers down. 

Millie sighed, “Aw, it’s probably only been a couple of hours, and you already look happier, B!” 

“What? No, I do not, it’s just another work day, is all.” 

Loona sat down, pulling out her phone, even she could see Blitz was in a good mood. 

She appreciated that Stolas was taking up her position, since he seemed he’d probably be much more… passionate about it. 

He’d probably answer every call that came in, and check documents over 2 or 3 times before turning them into Blitz, who didn’t give a fuck what the papers looked like, just as long as he got them back. 

Either Blitz was happy about the extra help, or happy that Stolas was here.

 

…Or both.

 

She just hoped she wouldn’t have to see them slurping each other off everytime she’d come home. 

Blitz caught her eyes quickly, Loona groaning and sitting down at the table and putting her legs up. 



But Stolas working there wasn’t going to bring that many problems, right? 

 

.

 

 

.

 

 

.

Notes:

These first few are just going to be setting the stage of this story, so bear with me. Let
Me know your thoughts in the comments! <3

Chapter 3: An Imp-Sized Boulder!

Summary:

Things aren't exactly going exactly as Stolas had hoped, so Blitz and him go for a smoke-break to clear the nerves.

Notes:

I was SO eager to write again, I couldn't wait to share !

This one is relatively short, like a 7 minute read, but I hope you enjoy!

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

.



.



.



  Stolas’ first day working with I.M.P was actually going rather…boring? 

 

First of all, he didn’t receive any calls. His hand hovered near the receiver for a good 3 hours before he just gave up and buried his head into the paperwork. 

Blitz commissioned Loona to come check on him, because even he was put off by the lack of calls they were receiving. 

Millie also wandered to his desk as well for moral support.

“Is the damn thing even connected to the wall?” Loona checked, Stolas pointing at the plug.

“It is…” He clasped his hands together worriedly, “It’s not usually like this, is it?” 

“I mean, we’re not crazy popular.” 

Millie hopped up onto the desk, taking a sheet he was working on.

“Definitely not! But we’d get a call or two about comp-” 

“-Non-specific purposes but still regarding our business!” Blitz probably fell out of the sky, covering Millie’s mouth before she could even finish.

“No need to hide it, Blitz. I’m very aware of the…constructive criticism.” Stolas said, gesturing to the stack he had marked with “Complaints” dating back to the last year…

“Any other hidden documents you want me to go through?” 

Blitz grunted, “ Fuck you.” 

“Perhaps it’s just a particularly slow day? We don’t even have a client in progress at the moment.” Moxie said, walking out of the conference room with a rifle in his hand, wiping it off with a handkerchief. 

“Yeah, some days we just sit around and do fuck-all.” Loona glanced at the clock, ears perking up.

“Smoke break.” she mumbled, and was out the door in a blink of an eye.

Blitz looked at Stolas, “10-7?” 

“Oh…it’s a break, already?” Stolas let out a heavy sigh. 

“What, don’t tell me you actually wanted to put on a customer service voice and talk to filthy sinners. You can smell the living world through the phone sometimes.” Blitz laughed, but once he saw his expression, he bit his tongue.

“Jeez, you actually, really wanted to?-” 

“-Blitz.” Millie said with an edge, going over to Stolas and patting his shoulder, still seated up on the table. 

“Don't worry, you’ll get your call soon!” 

Stolas looked at her, admiring the hope in her eyes, while Blitz was rolling his.

“Yeah, yeah. Teamwork, and all that." He snapped his fingers in the Owl-demon's face as good naturedly as he could, "Stols’, how ‘bout a good ol’ cancer stick to get ya back in the working mood, eh?” 

The owl-demon looked at his lover, inevitably also admiring his bull-shit cheering up tactics. 

“Hm…I suppose. Need to stretch my legs anyway.” 

“That’s the spirit, Bird-brain!”

Stolas followed Blitz out the door, Millie and Moxie left behind. 

And once they were out the door, their voices getting smaller and smaller, Millie smiled knowingly, “Well would ya look at that. Blitz is in loveee.” 

She clasped her hands over her heart, “And he’s not afraid to show it!”

“Surprised it hasn’t fixed his attitude, besides, don’t you think it’s a bit…” 

Millie raised an eyebrow, “What? Don’t think Stolas is qualified?” 

“I didn’t say that, It's just that...” Moxie huffed, “Before, he used to not even address us. All we were to him were the ‘little-r ones’!” 

Millie thought about it, but deflated. 

“C’mon, hun. He’s one of us now, so cut him some slack. Stolas probably didn’t know any better than you or me to trust someone from the other side of the lake.” Millie put her hand to his shoulder, squeezing. 

“Besides, he’s with Blitz. And I’m sure he’ll be educating him on his P’s and Q’s.”

Moxie almost laughed, “ Blitz? Reminding someone else on their P’s and Q’s?!”

Millie pouted, “You know what I mean! Now let’s go get lunch.” She pecked him on the cheek, Moxie relenting and letting himself be guided by the hand out the door. 




.

.

.

 

Blitz pulled a cigarette out of his pocket, putting it to his mouth and lifting his chin towards the other. 

Stolas snapped his fingers, igniting a flame on the end of his finger, putting it out with a flick of his wrist once Blitz let out a long drag. 

The two were propped up on the bricks outside the main office building, watching the cars from the street pass them by, car horns and smoke in the infernal air. 

A chain fence separated this particular area from the sidewalk and beyond, since it was a hotspot for unfocused drivers to get into crashes, and Blitz loved seeing people who weren’t him get embarrassed…

The imp held out the cigarette, Stolas taking it appreciatively and taking a hit. 

“You don’t want your own?” 

Stolas blew a ring, “I’d much rather share.” he said fondly, liking the indirect-kiss action. (mwahaha.)

 Blitz jumped up, taking it back. “Damn things are gonna kill both of us then.”
Stolas sighed, looking visibly annoyed, but Blitz was there trying to lift his spirits.

“You’re doing a good job so far, did a fuck-ton of paperwork.” Now, more suggestively, “Surprised you haven’t gotten carpal-tunnel!” 

Stolas squinted, a low noise coming from the back of his throat as he plucked the cigarette from the others fingers. 

“Well, I was just hoping for…more interaction, I suppose.” Stolas watched Blitz fish in his pocket, pulling another cigarette from his pocket, sticking his tongue out before putting it between his teeth.

“How is this for some interaction?” 

 Stolas clicked his tongue, bending down so Blitz could press his cigarette to his, lighting it easily. 

Blitz blew the smoke out the corner of his mouth, pulling the cigarette from his lip to press a quick kiss to the side of the other’s beak since he was up there.

Stolas cooed, grabbing his chin and pecking back, cigarette between his fingers as he did so. 

They didn’t care if the other tasted like menthol, for they’ve tasted each other countless times before.

They’d be coming back for more and more regardless.

Blitz pulled away first, Stolas straightening his spine and putting the cigarette to his mouth once more.

“You’re cute.” 

“Shut up.”

When Stolas didn’t respond then, Blitz looked up at him.

“You and I both know you were waiting for me to do that.” 

Stolas didn’t look back at him, “And I know that you wanted me to want it.” 

He blew a long string of smoke, Blitz rolling his eyes.

“Touche.” 

Stolas purred at that, finger stroking a line down the side of one of Blitz’s horns, watching the spikes on his back stand ever so slightly.

“I’m not going to comment on the multitude of documents that’ve been hidden for months.” Stolas said, “But I will say I'm surprised you haven’t gotten shut down.”

“Sweetcheeks, I've been evading the law longer than you’ve known your vowels.” Blitz smiled like it was something to brag, Stolas scoffing.

“I’m sure that’s true.” 

“Wooow, First day on the job and you’re already giving me lip?” 

Ooh, I'm sorry, sir .” 

Blitz looked at him, “The fuck did you just call me?”
Stolas repeated, enjoying this game. 

“Was I not clear enough? I’m so, so, sorry, sir.” 

Blitz didn’t think of himself as someone into “naughty office roleplay” shit…

But he did hate being subordinate, so perhaps this whole delight in being called ‘Sir’ by Stolas made a bit of sense?

Steam was being admitted somewhere from Blitz’s body, making him cross his arms and chew at the end of the cigarette, Stolas stepping a bit closer and putting his arm around him.

“I’m teasing .” he whispered, bending down again and blowing playfully at Blitz’s neck, making him squirm.

“No shit.” Blitz watching a car pass by, “Watch it.”

Stolas giggled happily, standing back up…

 only to fall silent. 

The sudden cease of his voice made the other look up at him, noticing how his hand tightened on his shoulder protectively. 

High-alert.

He followed his gaze, only for a red light to stretch out like a camera flash, and a rock probably the size of Blitz himself came falling out of a fucking tree fell to the ground in a puff of sand and dust. 

“Holy shit!” the cigarette fell from his mouth, Blitz going to the chain fence and crawling up it, Stolas staying where he was near the wall. 

The rock wasn’t a rock at all…

 

It was a now petrified paparazzi, holding a camera, his fear immortalized on his face. 



“Oh shit, Again?!” Blitz chuckling despite the circumstances, “How’d you manage to spot ‘em?! Damn!” 

“Years of experience, darling.” Stolas brandished his cigarette, “But it seems he wasn’t alone!” He called out, spotting his compatriot high-tailing it across the street, holding the camera above his head as if he was victorious.

Blitz growled, reaching at his belt, 

The hell..?” 

Fuck.

He left his pistol on his desk.

YOU’RE FUCKIN’ LUCKY FOR THAT HEAD START ASS-CLOWN!” 

He was already jumping over the fence and careening after him, screaming obscenities.

 

“GIVE ME THAT FUCKING CAMERA, YOU CUM-GUZZLER!”

 

“FUCK OFF, YOU CRAZY BASTARD!!” 

 

“I’LL SHOW YOU FUCKING CRAZY ONCE I REARRANGE YOUR FACE!” 

 

They ran out into the street, Cars halting to a stop or swerving past them, Blitz hissing and growling like a deranged lunatic as the Imp made time to type things into his phone, laughing all the while.

It was annoying.

 Stolas ran towards the chained fence, but made no intention of jumping over it. 

BLITZY, BE CAREFUL!” Stolas called, trying to focus as to not accidentally petrify Blitz, because the unpetrifying process was a lengthy one…

His eyes darted to the stoned-imp, sneering at the fearful expression immortalized on his face before an idea was sparked into his head. 

 

He prayed that Blitz's reflexes were sharpened.

 

 As he was right on the pap’s tail, he heard Stolas calling out for him.

 

BLITZ, DUCK!” 

 

The imp turned around, seeing the previous imp from before…moving again?

 

Oh.

 

Oh no-

 

SHIT!” 

 

He barely missed it, doing some kind of tuck-and-roll as the boulder-like-imp hurled right over his head and at the remaining paparazzi, slamming into him with a loud bang. 

The pap let out a loud, agonized, noise…it sounded almost like a deflated, pitiful, balloon animal got poked with a pin, and any passerby that happened to be around ran away screaming, or gaped at the horrendous sight. 

HAH!” Blitz got up, panting wildly as he put a foot up onto the “statue,” smiling wickedly at the now trapped imp.

“In your fuckin’ FACE, dipshit!” Blitz made a show of putting all his weight on the already heavy boulder, the pap squirming and wheezing for freedom. 

As he bathed in the victory, he glanced back at the building, seeing Stolas standing near the fence, looking rather shaken. 

 

Are you alright, my love?!” 

 

Blitz just gave him a thumbs up, “You almost hit me, jack-ass!” 

 

“Forgive me!” 

 

“I’ll think about it!~” Blitz picked up the camera, surprised it wasn’t smashed in that tirade, picking it up and turning it around on him and his new captive, bloody and turning purple beneath the weight of the rock, Blitz, and hard-earned failure. 




Say cheese, bastard.” 




.



.



.




Notes:

I'm getting these out as quick as I can!

the next few chapters (3-6) are bones and drafts atm so im estimating to have them out every 2-3 days! Soo stay tuned!

Chapter 4: Warranted Paranoia.

Summary:

Stolas is a little paranoid.

Notes:

Hi guys! THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 1000+ READS!!! <3

It makes me so happy people are reading an enjoying, giving me sweet comments and criticisms, and I really couldn't thank you all enough!

I've been in a slump lately, so this really does mean a lot, my heart is so full.

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text



.



.



.



Blitz jumped back over the fence, his clothes dirtied with dust and mud from running amuck, his elbow a bit scraped from sliding too harshly. 

“May I?” Stolas said to him carefully, looking into his arm, but not before he saw the now unconscious pap, strung out on the sidewalk across the street, Blitz leaving him and the other, still frozen imp, on top of him. 

“How long till that other fucker unfreezes?” Blitz asked, Stolas already doing some weird voo-doo glowy thing to his arm. 

Stolas, who was there watching the whole damn thing, looked at him like he was crazy, “...Who?” and now, with a smile, “I’m not quite sure what you’re referring to.

Blitz opened his mouth, but then shut it, catching his drift. “Yeah..? Sorry, Must’ve had a brain fart or somethin.’” 

Stolas grinned, “Shall we?” 

“Let’s roll.”

They walked back into the building, Blitz hearing one last wheeze from across the street, giving him a shudder of glee, the camera hanging on his neck as a souvenir. 

 

 

Unfortunately, this wasn’t the first time the two have been sought out by Tabloids.

 

  Desperate news outlets were itching to find out what had become of the Former Prince. 

Stolas was always acutely aware of their presence, especially if he knew their intentions weren’t pure in the slightest. 

It was also one of the many things he was afraid of when he decided to live with Blitz in the first place. While the Imp enjoyed attention, unwanted attraction was a turn-off. 

Loona was already back in the Office once they came back up, putting the receiver down on the phone. 

“...Did we get a call?” Stolas asked, Loona nodding. 

“Yeah, sorry. Couldn’t exactly wait.” She didn’t sound sorry, but she looked at Blitz, grimacing. 

“Damn, you look like shit.” 

Blitz batted his eyes, “Aww, thank you, sweetie.” he brushed off more dirt from his coat, Stolas checking Blitz’s arm once more, 

 

“Does it sting?”

“No, Fuck off.” 

“Poor thing.” 

Fuck. Off.” 

 

Stolas smacked the wound at that, Blitz wincing and barring his teeth, Stolas smiling and blowing him a kiss, looking back at the phone. Blitz raising his hand and closing it into a fist, Loona reared her head away, Stolas not noticing it as he groaned in irritation.

“I can’t believe the only time I'm not in the room, the phone rings!” he huffed now, “And we weren’t out there for good reason either. Just attracting trouble.”

Loona smirked, “I saw.” 

Blitz put his hands on his hips proudly, flaunting the camera, “Did you see the win me and Stolas secured? Teamwork makes the dreamwork, sweetheart!” 

Loona showed her phone screen, “Got it all on video.” 

She usually went up to the roof to smoke, able to see the whole ordeal from a birds-eye view. 

“Nice angle!” Blitz watched happily, Stolas letting out a worried laugh.

“Please make sure to keep that private…”

“Of course, not like the entire Intersection saw you catapult an imp you turned to stone at someone else… already.” Loona bit her lip to suppress a laugh. 

Stolas shrugged at that, “Well, fair.” 

Loona looked like she wanted to say something else to Stolas, but she saw Blitz geeking out just by the two standing next to each other, so she turned off her phone. 

She still, however, gave Stolas a glance that meant she was trying to ask for something, Stolas a bit confused, but sort of got the message.

“Well, I needa take a leak before Mills and Moxxie get back.” Blitz cracked his knuckles, clearly not getting the message Loona was trying to transmit to Stolas’ mind.

Once the two were alone, they kinda just stood there in silence again, Loona’s ear twitching as she waited for Blitz to be completely out of the room before pointing at the phone. 

“The spell you did…that was sick.” 

Stolas looked at her with more confusion,

How can a spell get a sickness? He thought for a moment, but then he connected the dots, recalling a time Octavia referred to a new song as this term..

(The song being, albeit a bit vulgar, but Stolas was happy to be involved!)

 “Sick..? Oh, oh! Thank you?” Stolas said with blissful confusion, 

Loona rolling her eyes, “Right. Anyway, could you, like,” she blew some of her hair out of her face, “...Teach me it?” 

Stolas’ previous confusion completely dissolved.

He beamed, practically radiating, while he was already planning on teaching her anyway, he was even more happy about her asking first.

“Of course! Once Via joins us for my week I'd be happy to share with you.” Stolas was starry-eyed, “What fun!” he did a series of happy claps, which Loona was immediately annoyed by. 

“Okay, enough of that.”

“Should I tell Bl-”

“- SHUT UP.” Loona cut him off, jerking her head towards the bathroom door, Blitz heard humming some vulgar song whilst doing his business. Stolas nodded quickly, doing a kind of zipper movement over his mouth. 

He watched Loona’s fist tighten, like she didn’t exactly trust him, but Stolas was used to it from Octavia, letting out one last hoot before clearing his throat. 

“Anyway…who was on the phone while I was away?” 

Loona raised a brow, shrugging

 “I mean, I wasn’t really paying attention when I answered it.” 

 

“...WHAT?!” Stolas exclaimed as Blitz walked through the door to the sound of the toilet flushing, zipping up his fly, “The fuck you screaming for?” Now, elbowing Loona, 

“If he screams any louder, he might shit out an egg. ” 

Wh-?! No I will not!” Stolas turned red, Loona pushing Blitz away,

“You’re so fuckin’ gross.” 

Stolas gained back his composure, Blitz just laughing and turning to the other man, awaiting a response.

I'm sorry, I was…kind of holding that in for a while.” he fanned his face, “But you got a call and didn’t see who it was?!” 

Loona shrugged, “I mean…that’s usually how I do it. What, you can do better?” 

Stolas tilted his head, “Perhaps. Maybe a tad better.” 

This made the hellhound snarl, the owl-demon offering his own owlish-barks that were low and not in the least territorial, if anything, he looked more amused than anything. 

Awww!” Blitz exclaimed now, Moxie and Millie walking back in, pleasantly confused. 

What are they doing…?” Moxie said with a low-voice, almost overridden by the national geographic noises. 

Blitz turned to them, “ They’re bonding!~” 

Millie swerved her head at an angle, “They look like they’re about to pounce on each other? Or, at least Loona will.” 

Moxie, who got in close, “And she actually, might.” 

“I fucking HEARD THAT, MOXIE.” Loona ran up to him and kicked him like a soccer ball, Blitz covering his mouth. 

“ ‘Kay, sweetie! Let’s not kick the other employees?! PLEASE?” Blitz waved his hand in her direction, Stolas shrinking. 

 

I shouldn’t have provoked her, he mused. But his eyes went back to the phone, the chaos that was now erupting around him drifting into background noise. 

There was a good chance it was just a possible client… or maybe it was someone that had something to do with the Paparazzi outside. 

Stolas shook the growing paranoia off, it was only half -possible! His whereabouts couldn’t be uncovered that quickly, right? And why did they care so much about him anyway? When he was royal to begin with, the most attention he got were from amateurs, thinking they could take him out with a switchblade and a ramsack over his head.

It was so redundant, that sometimes he’d let them, but that game grew old fast.

And why did it matter so much? Simple.

The media weren’t too…how should I put this?

The media was a gaggle of rancid cunts.

They were more than happy to rip Stolas to shreds, and all that he could forgive. But when it comes to his family, the people he holds dear, that’s going too far. 

He looked at the camera Blitz snagged from the Pap, and breathed deep. 

Just stay low until the buzz dies down, you aren’t that interesting. He said to himself, hoping the rest of the day trickled by and this became old news…

 

.



.




.




Octavia turned her music up louder, her mother screaming into her phone once again, as the two were driving…somewhere. 

She really didn’t understand why she was taken along to diplomatic events anyway, she was aware of the disarray her Father’s estrangement has made her mother, and herself look. 

But she couldn’t give a rat's ass regardless, so why start now?

By the end of this week, in 7 days time, she’d be able to see her father again, where he was living with the man that got him into this tizzy in the first place. Before the trial, before the divorce proceedings, Octavia didn’t fully trust the man her father so clearly adored. 

Her trust even with him was even impending with him at the moment, but going over to where her father was staying would be far better than the tense air where her mother was now staying…



With her Uncle Andrealphus.

 

 His voice was almost as grating as her mother's screaming one, which was what she decided to use exclusively when Stolas became the topic of conversation.

Andrealphus was rottingly posh, and he wasn’t afraid to flaunt it. With an icy stare and a colder tongue. While in a position of power, he oversaw 30 legions himself, and rightfully so.

Luckily, he adored Octavia, when he remembered her name, that is.

“Oh, my darling snowflake! Let’s get you some new fashions, shall we?” He’d sing-song, his eyes narrow and smile the least bit friendly then however he thought he looked. 

He was like a snow-queen who blew snow. 

Andrealphus loved to get Stella riled up, It seemed to amuse her Uncle to a great extent.

While he seemed to be an instigator by night…Uncle Andrealphus was a mighty Marquis of the Ars Goetia by day , and loved making Octavia’s poor old father a delicious after-dinner anecdote, peckish for his little sister’s thrilling reactions whenever he’d bring him up. The mere mention of Stolas’ name, and Stella was irritable. 

A feathered, time-bomb in a designer dress.

Octavia was surprised she’d been out of her mother's sights when she went on her tirades, but she feared one day her luck would run out.

Sure, every now and then, Stella would tell Octavia to leave the room before blundering about. 

She had enough dignity to leave her daughter out of it. 

Only, whenever she was around her brother, she seemed to be much more opinionated. 

Andrealphus egged her on in the front seat of the car, nursing a bottle's worth of wine. Stella going on and on about how Stolas made a mess of everything. 

How can you say so much, yet so little…” Octavia mumbled beneath her breath, Stella not hearing her as per usual. 

Only…

She saw her uncle’s eyes on her through the rearview mirror, and she froze. 

Andrealphus only smiled wider, continuing on with the conversation.

“I’m so sorry you’re in the middle of all this, my snowflake.” Andrealphus said, now that the two were making eye contact. 

“Having to go see your father at all must be taxing! Imagine where he’s living.” 

Ugh, Octavia, if you want me to keep you for longer, it is my right to do so. You don’t have to subject yourself to… that man and his new lifestyle.” 

“I can’t even imagine, sister.” Andrealphus said apologetically, giving her a squeeze on the shoulder, Stella pulling away and staring out the window.

Octavia glared, hating the both of them.

“No. I want to see him.” She said plainly, and now muttering, “ Sunday can’t come fast enough.” 

“Darling, if you’re going to speak at all. You must speak with your chest.” Andrealphus flicked his wrist, taking a sip of wine as Stella looked at the two of them.

“What was that?” 

Octavia’s lips tightened, “Nothing, Mother.”

Stella raised a pointed eyebrow, looking her daughter up and down before turning back around, adjusting her seated position.

“Hm, no matter. Perhaps you must see him anyway, knock some sense back into his head so that he may grovel for my forgiveness.” Stella sneered, “If he hadn’t already contracted whatever disease that vermin he keeps has and rolls over dead.”

Andrealphus snorted, “He may as well be, Satan forbid.” 

The two shared a laugh, the driver seeming to drive even faster, like the ride wasn’t going quick enough, and Octavia sank lower into her seat. 

Her uncle checked her reaction, his smile remaining as his eyes twinkled with perverse glee…

 

Well, Sister. you’ll never guess what I just saw in the news this afternoon.” 



.




.




.

 

Notes:

Andrealphus has entered the chat.

I made him a catty, instigative, kinda-guy. He's gon be real annoying, so stay tuned!

Let me know what you think, and kudos are always appreciated! <3

Chapter 5: What Is A Lout? (Asking for a friend)

Summary:

It appears Stolas and Blitz weren't at all successful on stopping those pesky paparazzi.

Drama ensues.

Notes:

Happy Halloween!

Sorry I took a bit longer in getting this installment out, I apologize! hope everyone has a spooky day. heh.

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

 

.




.




.



...What?” 

 

Octavia looked at the newspaper with wide eyes, Stella registering the headline with an excited squawk and a kick of her feet. Andrealphus just turned in his seat, resting his chin on his hand as he smiled happily.

Octavia’s face morphed into disgust upon seeing how happy this made her Uncle, looking back at the newspaper he had handed her Mother from out of his satchel.

The headline, in big, menacing letters read: ESTRANGED PRINCE WHEREABOUTS FOUND! SEEN SMOKING OUTSIDE WITH …

The rest was covered by her mothers inclosed fist, but Octavia got the message. Beneath the headline was a photo of her father and Blitz, the two captured in a pretty intimate predicament. Blitz was in her father’s arms, presumably lighting his cigarette on his own.  

And, unnoticed to the rest of the people present… her father appeared happy.

Content, even.

 But that was meant to be destroyed, Andrealphus pointing at the photo.

“Can you believe it? What a hilarious mockery, yes.” 

Look at him! Wallowing in commoner life like the sack-of-shite he is!” Stella squawked, “Pathetic, and how can he even manage to show his face in the light of day while being gangly with such a creature?” 

“An abomination with a pulse, Sister.” Andrealphus added, Stella crunching the newspaper between her fingers. 

Exactly, It is what Stolas deserves, indeed.” Stella pointed at one picture in particular, “What a sorry excuse for a man.” 

Octavia scrambled for her phone, opening her browser to see the article already 2nd on Most Trending. 

Wow.

What luck.

She copied the link quickly, fingers shaking as she went to her messenger app, typing like her very life depended on it.

 

Outgoing Text To: Loona

 

[EMBEDDED LINK]

 

You: Dude, you need to see this. Tell them ASAP.



She waited, knowing full well that an answer may not come immediately, it was already getting pretty late…

But by some divine miracle, her phone buzzed.



Incoming Text from: Loona

             

  Loona: On it.                                                                             



Octavia breathed deep, it had only been a few short minutes since she sent that.

 

Which only meant…Loona had already seen it too.



Great.

 

Wow.

 

What. Luck.

 

.





.




.



Now, back at the apartment, Loona had headed out for the night even before they had left the office, presumably to hang out with Vortex and his friends.

So, the older men decided to settle in for the night. 

They went to the bedroom, Stolas begrudgingly pulling off his tie and coat, disappearing into the closet as Blitz fell backwards onto the bed. 

“What a day, amirite?” Blitz yawned, Stolas already walking out in his usual robe, now tied securely around his waist and concealing his shoulders, using a makeup wipe on his eyeliner. 

“Indeed.” He said quietly, “Now get up.” 

Blitz sat up now, Stolas reaching out to help him out of his coat.

“Thanks,” Blitz said, Stolas folding it over his arm and gesturing for him to remove the rest of his work-sullen clothes, fretting that the excess dirt Blitz hadn’t gotten off earlier might get on the sheets. If Blitz was still alone, he would’ve slept in his clothes if he was anymore tired. 

Which was one of the many upsides to having Stolas with him.

“...Drinks?” Blitz asked, Stolas nodding.

Please.” 

 The imp laughed at that, “My sweet, sad, alcoholic.” 

Stolas gave a smile, but didn’t say much, carefully undressing Blitz like he was made of glass or some shit. 

Usually, during this time, Stolas would be quippy and strike up a conversation, handsy and playful, but tonight he was silent, but it wasn’t like the silence was … uncomfortable.

Now, left in his briefs, he stretched his arms, Stolas enveloped the clothing in a purple glow, tossing it to the hamper from where he stood. 

Along with it, a wine bottle was somehow already in Stolas’ hand, putting the twist-off top in his beak and popping it open. The Imp watched with an impressed look.

“Well that's convenient,” Blitz said, taking a long swig as he was offered, Stolas nodding and laying down next to him, having his fill.

“...Very.” 

There was another silence, Blitz clicking his tongue. 

“You did really well today…?” he tried, Stolas looking at him, taking another sip. (Or, chug.) looking at him with a confused expression as he kept drinking. 

Blitz grabbed the end of the bottle, “ Don’t, leave some for me, you greedy-” 

It parted from Stolas’ mouth with a pop, making him laugh,

 “And that was your idea of encouragement…?” 

“My bad, you try cheering up someone with that mug.” He tapped his beak, swiping some excess wine hanging from it, putting the finger to his own mouth. Stolas’ expression broke at that, watching eagerly before remembering his despair and looking past Blitz, making him scowl.

“You’re put off. For sure, What gives?” 

He watched as the other man stroked a hand through his feathers, reaching for the bottle and turning it around in his hand, watching the liquid tumble around within it.

“I Just feel a bit… well, put-off.” 

Blitz nodded, “About those guys from earlier, right?”

“I think so? I don’t know, it happens often, yet now…” Stolas looked back at him, “I am worried about the safety of your company now that I am here. I don’t mind being torn apart, but-” 

“Oh, don’t be all white-knight on me now.” Blitz gestured to himself, “Look at me. What do you think I can’t take?” 

“But you and I both know you’ll be running up the wall trying to figure out what noisy reporter said those awful things about you if it happened.” 

Blitz crossed his arms, “And I have .” 

Stolas laughed, pinching his cheek and pulling away before Blitz could react, “You’re a puzzle, Blitzy.” 

The Imp almost chewed him out, if he had so wished, but he instead smirked , happy to be succeeding at lifting the other man’s spirits, he took hold of his robe, pulling him closer to him roughly, “Hm? I've killed bitches for saying less.” 

Stolas practically folded like a lawn-chair, melting beneath his hands as the robe seemed to slide down his shoulders automatically, the wine barely working, but he felt perfectly tipsy being in between Blitz’s claws once again. 

He almost forgot he was upset at all.

“Is that a threat? How callous…i’d hate to be on the end of your gun…”

Blitz took the bottle from him, tossing it to the side and lining his hips up with the others.

“The fuck do you mean? You love being all up on my gun.” 

Stolas kept giggling smittenly, “ You know just what to say.” he wrapped his hands around the back of his neck, “ know just how to take me away…” 

They kissed sloppily, Blitz vocalizing without shame since he knew Stolas was into it regardless of how crude he was. 

Blitz tasted the wine, still fresh in his mouth, savoring it as he jutted their hips together, Stolas following suit to keep the much wanted friction going.

You taste so…so good..” Stolas groaned between kisses, Blitz wondering how Stolas was able to talk so clearly with their tongues entangled, but he didn’t have room to care. They started adjusting their positions, 

and despite their size difference, Stolas’ wrists were easily detained, holding them above his head as Blitz wrestled to get on top of him. 

He pulled away to get a good look at him, Stolas kiss-drunk and coquettish as he seemed to think he looked like. 

Dirty bird…” He devoured him with his eyes, “Were you waiting for me to do this all day…?”

Stolas gasped, accusatorily, but then brought his legs up, wrapping them around Blitz’s waist but made sure to not press all his weight on him, not wanting to crush the Imp. 

“Were you?” 

Stolas watched Blitz get a dark look in his eyes, tongue darting upwards, licking his upper lip

 “ Oh, you wanna go there?” He ran his hands down Stolas’s forearms, down the curvature of his torso and waist, pulling the knot that held the robe to the other's body and tossing it to the side. Blitz was liking the shivers the other made as he did so. The little tuts he made, the way his hips bucked needily, wanting more. Stolas waited breathlessly for the other to replace his hands with something else, but smiled and put his hands on either side of him, leaving the Owl-demon hot, and bothered. 

You…temptress..!” 

Stolas didn’t think this was at all fair, but Blitz knew he was enjoying it as much as he was. 

Blitz…” Stolas voice was hushed, no longer desperate, just giving in and smiling. 

He brought his hands to his face, thumbs brushing his cheeks looking into his eyes with a look that screamed for him. 

Blitz looked back, clasping his own hand over one of Stolas’, the room becoming too warm.

He waited for Stolas to finish his sentence, but they were left with silence, just the two looking back at each other, Blitz clearing his throat.

“...Feeling better?” 

He knew it was a dumbass question, but no harm in asking? Stolas thought about it, face dropping, but only slightly.

If Blitz says he’s okay, then he’s okay. No use dwelling on it if the poor thing is trying his hardest to cheer you up on it.

Now, he nodded,

Exceptionally.” his voice was breathy and soft, Blitz inspecting this answer further.

“Promise? Because if you don't-”

Stolas leaned up, kissing him happily now,

I promise.” He whispered, against him, laying back down now much more relaxed. “ You’re cute for caring.” 

Blitz blushed, rolling his eyes. 

“...You’re damn right I'm cute.” 

He squeezed his hand, bringing it to his lips. 

But you worry too much.” 

Stolas giggled at the sweet, simple, gesture. It was the little things that made him fall apart like this, he’d tackle Blitz if he could, but the day easily wore him out…

“And with that said, shall we…?” Stolas settled in the covers, Blitz watching as he did so, beginning to sit back on his knees between his legs now. 

“Go to bed? Uh…didn’t you wanna fuck?” 

Stolas thought about it, “While it does sound appealing, I don’t want your Loona to get home and overhear something she doesn’t want to…” 

Blitz thought about it, mind flashing to literally the first day he brought Stolas back to his place.

“Right. Right.” Blitz didn’t want a reenactment of that, looking at the clock and then back at Stolas. 

“... You think I could do this real fast, though?” 

The other man processed this, all the blood flowing right to his bits, Blitz pushing his knees apart with a finger. 

“... Annd, do you remember the last time you said that?” He wasn’t protesting this, Blitz shrugging. 

“So? Maybe I’ll just need to keep your mouth shut.” 

Stolas shivered, “ ...Maybe I’d like that.”

Blitz growled, Stolas cooing right back as-

 

BANG! BANG! BANG!

The two looked at the door in horror, 

 

DON’T FUCKING COME IN, LOONY! DADDY’S DOING AWFUL THINGS-” 

 

I KNOW, JUST FUCKING GET OUT HERE!”  Loona’s voice cut off Blitz’s own, hitting on the door one last time before presumably walking away. 

Blitz looked back at Stolas, the other just shrugging and smiling wearily, unlocking his legs from around Blitz’s waist, the Imp groaning loudly.

“...Next time,” Stolas said, “But…what would Loona need at this hour?” 

Blitz getting up, adjusting his briefs and going to grab a pair of pajama pants, “Fuck if I know, she usually stays out way later.” 

Stolas picked up his robe from the floor, putting it back on as he inspected himself in the mirror next to Blitz, who was throwing on a t-shirt. 

They both looked at their reflections, Stolas slouching so his face would be visible. 

“Alright,” Blitz said, about to take a step before he noticed the bottle he had thrown earlier. 

He picked it up, as it miraculously hadn’t spilled without its cap, taking a swig for good luck, handing it to Stolas. 

“Go crazy.” 

“With pleasure.”

 

.

 

.

 

.



Loona slammed the phone into Blitz’s face, “Have you seen this shit?” 

Stolas was behind him, smoothing his feathers out as Blitz gaped at whatever was on Loona’s phone. 

“Oh FUCK no they did NOT.” Blitz’s voice kept escalating, Stolas afraid to look. 

“B-blitz, don’t tell me it is what I think it is.” Stolas crossed his arms, The Imp glaring at the screen as if he could melt it with only his eyes. He turned the screen towards Stolas, 

“It is exactly what you think it is.”

It had probably only been… maybe 6 or 7 hours since then? 

 

And all he could see were POORLY PHOTOGRAPHED PHOTOS OF BLITZ AND HIMSELF BEING SPREAD THROUGH EVERY RING IN HELL?!!?!?

 

He grabbed the phone, scrolling through the article at record speed.

“When was this posted? When?!” 

 Blitz cursed beneath his breath as Loona stood there stamping her foot,

“Earlier, probably before we got off work.” 

“Barely any breathing room, huh?” Blitz touched his belt, “Dammit, where in SATAN’S FIERY ASS DO I KEEP MISPLACING MY GODDAMN GUN?!” 

Stolas placed his finger on the article, following it with it as he read. 

Former Prince of Ars Goetia seen Chain Smoking with alleged Inamorato- What the fuck? Ina morato ?!” Stolas scoffed, “Ah, so it appears they’ve decided to pull out a fucking dictionary…!” 

He read on about how Blitz was a sorry excuse for a suitor, that Stolas was far better off keeping his beak shut, that he was selfish and…

“Uh, may I ask? What in hell is a lout..?” 

Blitz poked the screen, because even he knew exactly what the article was entailing. “They’re tryna call us ghetto, which is a CRUNK of SHIT!” he grabbed the phone and pointed at another picture, a much more intimate interaction between the two of them, Stolas read the words following it. 

Just look at how the once graceful, work-driven, potentate is now carrying himself! How can one not be embarrassed to now spend their life with even lesser ranked beings!’” Stolas’ voice grew tighter, and tighter, his pupils appearing in his red eyes. Blitz looked around, 

“Where the fuck is my gun? I swear to SATAN I had both of those little fuckers!” Blitz scanned his brain, but Stolas rubbed the area between his eyes.

SD cards, Blitz, he may have had a phone too… Ugh, how could I have been so careless?” 

Blitz let out a series of angry groans, lamenting on how he should’ve hung both those Pap’s up by their balls and maybe this wouldn’t have had to happen.

So, Loona took the phone back before they both broke it.

“Why the fuck do they even care so much about you?” Loona sat down at the couch, “Aren’t there like a thousand other assholes in the Ars Goetia anyway?” 

Stolas nodded, “Well, yes. But…” He sat down, sorrow outweighing his own frustration. 

“This is the first time one of…I mean, I was the first one to act so defiant.” Stolas sighed, “I am to blame for their now wavering reputation, and this is how I shall pay for it.” 

Blitz wasn’t letting this go, Stolas was already piping down, Loona looking at the two like they were crazy.

“You’re not paying for shit.” Blitz said, “You’re fucking gone? You’re not doing anything to them, why can’t they just fucking let you go?!” 

It didn’t make any sense, but Blitz had a good understanding no matter how many questions he asked…

He understood all too well.




Your past is always going to come back and bite you in the ass.

 



 





Notes:

Weeell, what did everyone think? please give me all the feedback!!

I must know, though, would you all prefer shorter chapters with faster update times, or longer chapters with longer update times? Let me know!

I don't have a real estimate for how long this fic is going to be, but I do hope you will stick around for the ride.
Thank you for your support.

Chapter 6: One Bullet? Just One?

Summary:

Due to the article running rampant all throughout hell...tensions are. High.

Notes:

HOLY SHIT. 2000 READS? YOU GUYS ARE SO AMAZING!!

Thank you so much for all the love on this silly fucking series, this heart of mine just grew 2 TIMES bigger!

Sorry to keep you all waiting.

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

.





.



Blitz grabbed his pistol from off the counter, checking the cartridge.

Stupid fuckin’...” He jammed it back in, Stolas reaching out to him from where he was sitting.

“Blitz, no.” 

“What do you mean no? This is slander!” Blitz waved the gun, its gold plating reflecting off the lights. 

“They’re gonna fuck up my business by making me seem like a-” 

Stolas’ expression sank even farther, Blitz realizing what he was saying.

Loona read down the article, “Yeah…maybe that’s why we weren’t getting too many calls?” 

Stolas looked to the floor, Blitz trying not to glare at his adopted daughter.

“Thanks, sweetness. Way to twist the knife even further.” 

Loona, despite the sarcasm, smiled, “Don’t mention it.” 

The imp gave her a look of warning, walking back over to Stolas, gun still in hand. 

“Aw…Stolas.” Blitz began, Stolas looked at him, hoping for some sympathy.

 

“... One bullet?” 

“No.” Stolas said sternly, Blitz making puppy dog eyes. 

“Just one?”

Blitz. No.” Stolas said again, Blitz scratching his chin.

“How about we throw a brick through the window wherever they make these articles?”

“Well-”

 “ Is there, like… A headquarters?” Blitz was now plotting, looking for his notepad.

“No. You are not doing either of those things.” Stolas said with a voice of warning, but Blitz was already whipping out felt-tips ready to make a 20-point-plan.

“You could portal us there, we do killy-fun-shit, and they’ll never talk about us again! Perfect.” Blitz was speaking a mile a minute, Stolas trying to get his attention. 

Blitz, no!” He snapped his fingers, Blitz turning in the direction of his hand. A sentence died in the imps throat, “...What?” 

Out of all the times Stolas has said no, that was the time he heard it. 

“What?” Stolas said, “You heard me. No.” 

Blitz waved his arms around, 

“Why?! Aren’t you pissed off?”

“Yes, but-”

“But what?”

“It’s too brash-” 

“Woow! And I don’t like this abandonment of procedure.” Blitz put his hands on his hips. “If Millie was here, she’d agree with me.” 

“Ohh, and neither of your employees will be here at all when their Boss ends up incarcerated for killing a Reporter!” Stolas needed the imp to let this go , Blitz fuming and looking to Loona for support.

She just stood there, looking at the two of them.

“Loony, what's better? Daddy getting put into the corner? Or Daddy killing shit and making them realize who they’re messing with?” 

Stolas put his head into his hands, “ Oh, mercy me..” 

Loona rolled her eyes, “Don’t bring me into this.” 

“Exactly, don’t bring her into this.” Stolas piped up, Blitz flailing his arms in frustration.

“So you’re just gonna roll over and take it, Stolas? Seriously?!” 

“Of course not! I’m seething over this.” Stolas wrapping his arms around himself, “ But do we want to attract more attention by retaliating?” 

“Oh my fucking fuck. This is hell, Stolas. Nothing is fuckin’ fair, are you hearing what you’re saying?” 

“And are you even thinking?” 

Blitz looked stricken, offended, and absolutely scandalized by that. 

“Well, in these situations. You don’t think.” he finished, checking his gun once more. 

Stolas looked crestfallen, not saying much else as he ran the article back through his head. Loona’s ears twitched, looking back at Blitz, then back at the other man. 

It had only been a week and a half…and they were already having a fight.

…It seemed oddly fitting.

The hellhound looked at Blitz again, nodding her head towards Stolas subtly. 

A subtle, shut the fuck up and finish this conversation. 

His hardened expression waned, now looking from her to Stolas.

Loona didn’t offer more input, trying to seem disinterested, but her concern grew on her face.

She thought it was a big shit-pile as well. But did it necessarily mean they go up there and kill someone for doing their job? Loona would go in there blind if it meant pay, but what Stolas was asking for wasn’t unreasonable. 

Raise more bullshit? Lose clients.

Lose clients? Lose Money.

“It isn’t worth it.” Loona mumbled, Stolas nodding. 

“Yes, exactly.” 

Blitz looked at Loona in disbelief, she was always down for anything when it came to killing shit.

He looked at Stolas almost angrily, but the numbers were adding up.

This, along with countless others, was a severely bad idea.

 

 

 

Dammit.” he clicked his tongue, “Fine, fine! You win.” 

Stolas looked back at him, “I’m sor-” 

“No.”

Stolas fell short. 

Blitz gave him a look, don’t you dare apologize to me. 

Stolas still wavered, looking at the imps hand, pointing at it.

“Drop that then.” 

He looked at his gun, eyebrows furrowed and trembling as he threw it onto the sofa next to Stolas, stuffing his hands into his pajama pant pockets. 

“Thank you.” The other man said simply, 

“Yeah.” 

 

 

…?

 

 

…The silence that filled the room sounded more as if their strings of sentences were just pausing the agony of it.

Loona thought about leaving, seeing as this was no longer her place, but Blitz covered it for her. 

“It’s late.” he now said after a few short beats, “We can scream about this later.”

“Uh, Blitz?” Loona said, but he just closed his notepad, placing it back on the mantle near the keys. The imp gestured to the owl-demon, and Stolas got up from the couch, straightening his back and smoothing out his robe. 

“Goodnight, Loona.” he said as calmly as he could, the hellhound still thoroughly confused.

“Uh, yeah.” 

Blitz looked as if he wasn’t believing what he was doing either, but still looked at Loona and gave her a fleeting little kissy-face before turning his back to her. 

She watched Blitz and Stolas do the walk-of-shame to their room, little to no talking could be heard behind the door after, and the lights inside went out.

Loona was just standing there, looking at the notepad that now lay dormant on the mantle. 

Whenever he had an idea, he’d go through with it no matter what. How come he was suddenly so…?

Stolas was still sitting there in her mind, his face contorting with anger yet remission. 

She looked at the phone again, growling at the article and flipping to another opened app.

 

Way to go, article. You broke my fucking dad. She mused, wondering how in hell Blitz was being…calm all of a sudden?

But there was no space for pondering right now, a notification appearing on the screen. 

 

INCOMING MESSAGE FROM: Via

 

Via: So? Did my dad take it well?

 

Loona grimaced, going into her own room and decided sugar-coating wasn’t an option.

 

You: Not at all. Your Dad was PISSED.

 

Via is typing…

 

Via: Oh no. How badly? 

 

You: He didn’t careen through the streets or anything, but he got sad about it really quick. Blitz was angry for him.

 

Via is typing…

 

Via: Gr8. call?

 

Loona collapsed onto her bed, rolling onto her stomach with a huff. 

She sent a thumbs up emoticon before pressing the bright red ‘ Call’ button. 

Via’s profile picture appeared for a view short moments before she appeared on-screen, sitting sort of scrunched up in somewhere that didn’t look like her room. There was talking in the background, she must’ve been out.

“Hey,” Via said, Loona nodding her head.

“Where are you? And…” Loona chortled, “Your hair…” 

Via blushed, she wasn’t wearing her usual beanie-crown combo, her hair looking much more poofier… she cleaned up similarly to her own father, but you could tell it wasn’t by choice. 

“Look, my mom wanted me to come with her to tea.”
“At 12 in the morning?” 

Via pointed the camera toward a long table, her mouth clearly drinking something much heavier than your average tea. Loona scowled along with her.

“Satan, look at them all.” 

Via turned the camera back on herself, “ Tell me about it, Uncle Andrealphus doesn’t trust me enough to stay at his palace alone, so.” 

Andreal- damn, that’s a fuckin’ mouthful.” Loona chuckled, Via smiling now.

It really is.” 

Octavia adjusted her crown, her face dropping again.

“It was him who showed my mom the article, you know, about those two? And…I have a feeling he’s sort of behind it. I mean, he could’ve hired…” 

“Why would he hire news outlets to rip on his own family?” Loona asked, like it was impossible, Octavia was shown getting up and leaving the loud room, standing in a promenade of some sort.

“Just read the article itself, there was little to nothing saying anything remotely bad about Ars Goetia. Just about my father, and your Da-

-Dude.” 

Octavia bit her tongue, “Sorry. And Blitz’s business.” she scratched the back of her head, “And he was…not being all too subtle about it.” her uncle's face from the car ride flashed through her head, and she rolled her eyes. 

Ugh, and even while in the marriage, he never liked my father.” 

“That’s so…low? Even for royals.” Loona leaned her head on her hand, “Sounds like ‘em, though. I took them for petty.” 

“Petty to the highest degree. No matter how high and mighty they seem.” Octavia visibly hunched over, adjusting the strap of her dress. 

“They’ll never listen to me for that reason, despite being one of them. Barely listened to my father, and he was…well, Influential enough to some...like, extent.” 

Loona admired this aspect of Octavia, refuting the circumstances her father had placed her in, and the state of her family, she still was able to talk half-way decently about him. Of course, Stolas was obsessed with her, so how could she not? 

They were similar in this way.

Loona could tell this was still a tender subject, Via looking worse instead of better. 

She cleared her throat, getting Via’s attention.

“So, when are you coming to stay with us? Like, all the legal-bullshit’s been settled, right?” 

Octavia perked up at that, “Oh, uh…next week. My mom gets me every other week, but on the week following the full moon, Dad needs me in order to teach me certain things…so…”

Loona smiled, while she would’ve been annoyed if anyone else was giving her more information than she needed, she was able to read the obvious change in demeanor when bringing up the very prospect of getting Via the hell out of that setting. 

Huh.

With this notion, the hellhound got up, Octavia still rambling about spells and moon phases, (Like Father, like daughter.) being as quiet as she could be, she walked into the living room, getting the keys off the mantle. 

“Hey.” Loona said, Octavia raising an eyebrow, squinting at the screen. 

Loona was smiling deviously, the keys gleaming in the apartment's dim lighting.

Via let out a small hoot, like she was being joked with.
“Are you…are you serious?” 

Loona shrugged, “Dunno. You may wanna get a teaser on how you’re going to be living from now on, Princess.” 

“Oi, fuck off.” Via stuck out her tongue, but typed in her location to the Outgoing Message bar. 

Loona looked it over, glancing at Blitz’s closed bedroom door and grabbed her sweatshirt from off the couch.

 

“I’ll be there in 20.” 

 

As the call went out, Via practically jumped for joy. Pumping her fist as she slung her bag back over her shoulder.

“Ahahaha, could you BELIEVE that?!” her Uncle’s voice was heard from the other room, Octavia’s hopes falling ever so slightly. 

She looked inside the hall where her mother and the rest of the attendees were gathered, the gaggle of them still talking loudly and ordering more “ teas”.

 

Yeah. None of them wouldn’t even notice she was gone. 



.



.



.

 

Back in the darkness of Blitz’s bedroom, as Stolas watched the other man's back.

He watched his shoulder blades.

The rise and fall of his breathing. 

His soft little sighs. 

The clock on the nightstand beside him. 

But he couldn’t really do anything but the one thing he should be doing. He laid there for what seemed like hours.

Stolas wanted to reach out to him, but by some weird coincidence, The imp let out a long, heavy sigh.

...I can’t believe you don’t want to make some new holes in those fuck-wads.” 

Stolas exhaled, not even realizing he was holding his breath.

“I didn’t mean to wake you.” Stolas whispered back, “ I uh…just. I’m trying to keep you in my best interest.” 

Mhmm..right.” 

“I’m serious.” He looked sheepish, a side-effect of the day. “ I’m just…thinking a lot.” 

The Imp groaned, “ Stols’...” 

Stolas pouted, “ I’m sorry…I said i was okay but-” 

Blitz turned over at that, immediately opening one of his eyes at the touch. 

He looked a bit annoyed, “ ...What?” His voice was hoarse, “ 7 hours. All I ask for.” 

Imp could tolerate his noise, but he couldn’t tolerate a liar.  

Stolas looked him in the eyes, pupils like white little stars.

I’m sorry.” he said weakly, “ but if you’re too brash, then it will only get worse.” 

Ugh…I know.” Blitz rolled his eyes, “ C’mere.” 

Stolas shuddered, Blitz already knew.

He embraced him, letting the other demon to nuzzle his head into the crook of his neck, Blitz only able to imagine what acrobatics Stolas had to pull off to keep this position whilst keeping all of himself on the bed. 

Stolas let out a huff of exasperation, solidifying the assumption.

Uh…” Blitz put a hand on the small of Stolas’ back, “ I’ll figure out the bed situation. No metaphor intended this time.”

Stolas nodded, “ heh. Right.” 

He scooted a bit closer, curled up into a ball next to Blitz’s side. 

Now that Blitz was awake again, he was fixing to go back under, but by the red light being reflected across the blanket, Stolas was still wide awake.

“Fuck, Stols’. Just close your eyes or something..” 

“I’m sorry, heh. Uh…” He adjusted his sleeping position once more, Blitz placing his hands somewhere new to see if that could get something going. 

Better?” Blitz asked, Stolas chuckling nervously, like he was doing wrong. 

Sorry, it’s just…I’m a bit-” Stolas tried speaking as Blitz began to get up.

Blitz? Where are you-” 

“No. Lay on your back.” 

Ah. Yessir.” 

Stolas straightened up, doing as he was told as Blitz seemed to assume the position.

He got on top of Stolas, nuzzling his own head into Stolas’ neck, making sure his horns weren’t going to poke him in the head. 

The damn Imp was laying on him like a weighted-stuffed animal.

Stolas would’ve weeped at this effectiveness, wrapping his arms around him and cooing softly.

We should’ve tried this position sooner.” 

“No shit. You’re so…fuck, you’re fuzzy.” 

Stolas pet the back of his head, “ Indeed I am.” 

 

He waited to see if Blitz was going to say anything else, but when he came up empty, he ran his fingers along the spines on Blitz’s bareback. 

“... I’m sorry I’m making a mess of things.” 

The Imp glared, “ Dammit, Stolas.” 

He looked at him once more, “ What happened today. It’s not your fault, ‘kay? And just because I'm being so cool about this doesn’t mean I'm not fixing to get some heads rolling.” 

Stolas nodded, Blitz poking in between his upper eyes.

Article or not, you’re bringing your feathered-ass to do your damn job. And you’re gonna make so many calls you're gonna be begging for mercy. Don’t let this shit fuck you up.”

Blitz wasn’t good at this, but Stolas seemed to be buying all this bullshit.

“Don’t you remember? All the complaints we get?”  

Stolas nodded again,

“So how is this any different? Like I said earlier, what can I not take? Did you forget? Damn, that’s fuckin’ rude.” Blitz scoffed now, Stolas scoffing along with him.

Bad publicity isn’t gonna harsh our mellow.” Blitz assured, as the other thought it over.

“Hm… May need to stop smoking outside, though.”

“And bolt the windows.” Blitz deadpanned, the two chuckling. 

 

Heh…Goodnight, Dearest.” 

 

Blitz nodded, “ Night.” 

 

Stolas finally closed his eyes, the only dim light being the yellow one emitted from Blitz’s own eyes.

And, in an alarmingly short time, Stolas was already snoring softly, little hoos and whos he’d usually make…Owl-man.

Blitz had never had to reassure someone so much in his entire existence.

If this were him being annoyed at Stolas’ wavering self-esteem, he would’ve kicked him out. 

 

There were several things Stolas has done in his time here that Blitz from back then would’ve resented him for. 

But now?

 

Who exactly was Blitz now? 

 

Even before now, he didn’t quite know either. But he just found himself comparing and contrasting himself to the Imp he was before. 

The main question was just: Did he like this new him? 

 

…Well, Stolas certainly did. He was clinging to him so tightly, straight-jacketing him to his body.

It was like being in the fuckin’ womb or something. 

 

You were right, Stols’.” Blitz whispered to no one, putting his hands in Stolas’ feathers, wanting to hear his involuntary hoos. 

 

We should’ve tried this position sooner.” 

 

He never even imagined saying that out of the context of sex, but he didn’t have a care in the world right now. 



He was so getting his revenge one way or another.



.



.



.

Notes:

LOONA AND VIA CHAPPY NEXT MWAHAHAHAHAHA

lmk ur thots <3333

Chapter 7: Let's just be Young for a moment.

Summary:

Loona picks up Via from some event she was dragged along to, and they catch up on what's been going down.

They talk about a variety of different things.

Notes:

UGh i've been so tired lately, but here's my next installment, thank you for your patience.

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text



.



.



.



Loona pulled the van into the parking lot, seeing the valet standing by the front door.

Shit.” she said beneath her breath, eyeing a way to the back of the building, driving past the tall limousines that hid the company van just enough. 

Thanks for that, Loona having half a mind to leave a couple dents in them on her way out…

She got out her phone, pulling in near some dumpsters. 

 

OUTGOING TEXT TO: Via

 

You: here. Parked near some dumpsters.

 

Via is typing…

 

Via: alr, I’ll b there. Thanks again.




Loona smiled at her cellphone, the unfamiliar feeling of excitement brewing in the pit of her stomach.

While she hadn’t exactly seen Octavia much over the course of this… situation, the two texted practically every day, and they could both say confidently they both enjoyed each other's company, especially now. 

While Loona didn’t know what to consider the younger demon yet, she saw a lot of herself in her, and was happy to help her out. Maybe that’s why she was so ready to drive up to this uppity-estate community late at night. 

Like, what kind of mother drags her child to a party at 12, almost 1 in the morning? 

Octavia, without revealing much, was fragile during all of this, as she had been before anything was really resolved. It was all confusing, and different to her. 

And the worst part? For most of it, she was alone.

Loona didn’t want to think too much about it, already too many thoughts were bumbling around in her head…

 Soon enough, Via slipped out of the backdoor slowly, holding the long skirt of her dress in a clenched fist, revealing the black pajama pants she was wearing underneath it.

“Smart.” Loona turned her music down lower, and opened the door for her, Via getting in and scoffing.

“Yeah, but it looks fuckin’ ridiculous.” she moved her hair over her shoulder, pointing towards the zipper.

“Could you?” 

Loona unzipped the dress, also revealing the black tank top she was wearing, Via kicking the rest of the evening gown off and stuffing it into her bag. 

“Thank Satan.” She huffed, smoothing out her hair, Loona guffawing. 

“Aww, but it was so nice though.” 

“Hmmm, something tells me I should've just stayed in there.” 

Loona made a sharp turn back into the road, “C’mon, you know that’s a lie.”

Via chuckled, “Yeahh,  I know.” 

The owl-demon shook out her hair, “So, how were you able to get out without being caught?” 

“They’re asleep, as far as I know.” the hellhound sort of shrugged, 

“Anyway, you ready?”

“Ready for what?”

Loona gestured to the open road, “To go, and I will say, I'm not the safest driver. But you don’t give a shit, right?”

“I mean, I've been in the car while Blitz was behind the wheel, so…ready as I'll ever be.” 

The hellhound checked her expression, “Heh. don’t worry. I’ll make this fun for you.” 

“Heh. Thanks.” 

They began to pull away from the building, Octavia getting both chills and excited nerves as she realized this act of defiance was actually happening. 
She’d never really been able to get away from her mother like this before, so she was both excited and deeply terrified. 

In an effort to distract herself, she looked over at the hellhound. 

So? Did I bother you by sending that text?”

“Nah, I was just out already." Loona said, Octavia blushing unconsciously.

"Oh, my bad. I didn't mean to-"

“I was out, but the scene was dead anyway, so you did me a favor.” Loona cut her off, referring to whatever activities and hijinks she was on before…

And I wasn’t completely clueless to the shit that went down either.”

 

.



.



.



The music was trash. Whatever it was that was in Loona’s solo-cup was trash. 

Vortex having to fucking leave the function early was trash. 

The hounds that were there…were… wait for it…

 

Trash. 

 

Not to mention she was just standing idly near the door, just watching the amber liquid of whatever fruity-vodka thing she was trying to digest wasn’t making this party any better. 

However…

This party was one of Vortex’s friends, and that friend happened to be an incubus.

And, by extension, was friends with Tex’s boss.

Verosika Mayday. 

While Verosika’s music was exactly Loona’s forte, she could acknowledge the popstar’s status and stardom. She was always followed around by her usual entourage, and off a few drinks, they were messy, and therefore, entertaining.

“What? It’s a low profile party, I can drink all I want.” Verosika remarked as she walked through the door, taking off her sunglasses to reveal her already running makeup that somehow still looked glamorous. She’d already been drinking.

Verosika and her gaggle sat over on the table, doing shots and grabbing for any pipe that was offered to them. They were surrounded by a halo of pink, the hounds in proximity getting sucked into their fuckin trance and licking their platforms and combat-boots. 

Loona watched ‘till she got bored, and stared at her drink again. 

It wasn’t until there was a definite dip in the night, when Verosika exclaimed some kind of obscenity that ended with the name “Blitzo.” 

Loona’s ears perked up, immediately turning towards even the mere utterance of her adoptive fathers long-gone alias

“So he really is going out with that Goetian prince? Tea…” A brown-haired Succubus sitting closest to her rubbed her chin, looking down at whatever was on Verosika’s phone.

“I know, when I saw them at Ozzie’s, I thought he just bribed that guy to get in. What are the odds!”

“How do you think he tricked him though?” Another asked, Verosika making a face of disgust.

“Somehow he weasels his way into peoples lives and just fuckin’ ruins them!” Verosika said, “Just look at this guy, now he’s nothing but an imp-sucker.” 

“And he’s sucking Blitzo?” Another took a sip of their drink, licking their lips as they gazed at presumably a provided photo on the article. “What a fuckin’ let down. If he knew better, I’d fuck the daylights out of that old fuckin’ bird.” 

“Too bad. He’s probably run-through now that he’s been fucking around with an imp.”

“And a poor decision, really…I mean, out of all the Imps you could choose from.” 

“I’d rather stick my dick in an anthill,” the incubus paused, then laughed deviously, “And I have.” 

This brought a string of goatish laughter from the lot of them, Loona seeing all shades of red.

“Oh yeah, I bet you have, fucker.” Loona downed the cup, crushing it as she felt it burn in her throat. 

“Well, it’s probably the only fucking he’s ever known, you know every royal are closeted-pervs in bed!” 

The succubi all nodded knowingly, shameless and aimless.

 “And Satan knows Blitzo has no game. I had to be 3 sheets to the wind to get any momentum…” Verosika said sadly, her friends comforting her as if she was something to be protected. 

Loona didn’t realize she was walking towards them until she grabbed the phone from Verosika’s hand.  

“The fuck is this?” she scrolled down the article, Verosika grabbing for her phone again.

“And who the fuck are you?” Verosika crossed her arms, Loona looking back at her.

“The goddamn tooth-fairy. What’s the article about?” 

The succubi looked at each other, then back at the hellhound.

“Oh, sweetie…” One of them said, “Are you that hound? From the beach?” 

Loona glared, “Does it matter where the fuck i’m from? You succubitches are talking like theres no one else in the fucking room like it isn’t going to attract attention.” She gestured to the phone, 

“I want in. What the fuck is that?” 

Verosika looked her up and down, then smiled.

“Mmkay, if you must know. There’s been a bit of buzz since earlier tonight. About this Fuck-o I used to fuck around with…” Verosika said like it was no big deal, 

 

“Apparently I'm not the only person he’s trying to ruin.” 



.




.



.

 

Loona’s face was angry. Clearly angry as she finished her recollection, and Octavia wanted to comfort her in some way but…

She thought if she tried touching her, she’d probably get curbed.

“Well…? Did you kick her ass?” Octavia was disgusted just by hearing it, wondering if Loona should’ve just left out the part where they talked about doing things to her father.

“I fucked up that houses dry-wall, thats for sure.” Loona held up her fist, bruises on her knuckles that were definitely on the rise. 

“If I ever see that cunt again…” 

“W-well…that’s still a shitty way to find it out.” Octavia wanting to steer away from this obviously hostile territory, 

“Wait- so does that mean you’re a little drunk right now?” 

Loona looked at her, Via blinking rapidly and just moving on. (We’ll question that later.)

“And, you said my dad handled it… how exactly…?” 

“Oh, you know. He was mad. Blitz was mad. Then…” Loona couldn’t exactly explain, only trying to mimic a look that transformed into sorrow. 

“I..I get it.” Octavia said, mind flickering with bits and pieces.

Loona didn’t want to lead it into something darker, but Octavia deserved all the facts, since they were about to enter the place where it all went down only an hour-and-a-half before. 

“it almost got fuckin’ nuclear in there though.” 

Seriously?” 

Via wasn’t liking the sweat collecting beneath her bangs.

“H-how bad…?”

Loona faltered, seeing the fear blooming over Octavia’s face.

She hoped she was imagining it, since Via's face was usually solemn, but she reassured her quickly, “Just got a bit tense ‘cuz they wanted to handle it differently. They went to bed together in the end, so it’s cool.” she pulled up to the stoplight, looking over at her.

“There's nothing to be scared of, the fight wasn’t life-defining.” 

Octavia stared at her with a look that meant, you sure about that? The hellhound drummed her claws along the steering wheel. 

“I mean, you know your dad.” Loona said, implying with her own look that meant: “and you know mine.”

“He wanted to go up there and kill some fuckers, would’ve gotten us all into more shit. Your dad was there to cool him off.” (She added it for extra measure.)

Via thought it over, “...Yeah, that does sound like them,” running her hands through her feathers and ruffling them up, “Uh, whatever it is…they…sound like.” 

“And we know what that sounds like.”

Via made a face of disgust, “Don’t even joke like that.” 

“My bad.” 

“Yeah, you’re bad.” 

“Okay. maybe I should’ve left you there.”

Octavia let out a low growl from the back of her throat, Loona sputtering. 

“Your dad made that exact same noise to me earlier. It was fucking hilarious.”

“Seriously? He doesn’t do it often.” 

“Sound of aggression?”

Octavia made it again, “what? Did you do something to piss my dad off?”

“Nah, he was making fun of me for baring my teeth at ‘em.” Loona put a hand behind her back, mimicking spikes. 

“When Blitz is pissed off, his spines get all sharp.”

“And you find that hilarious?”

“Obviously.” 

Octavia crossed her arms over herself, running her hands up and down her forearms. 

“Oh, you cold?”

“A bit, but-“

“I threw my sweatshirt back there, if you want it.” 

Octavia hesitated, Loona gesturing to the back. 

She took off her seatbelt, grabbing the black sweatshirt from off one of the backseats, pulling it over her head and on. 

There was some band logo on the front, running her fingers over it. 

“Sick.”

Loona nodded, “Thanks.” 

Octavia settled back into the car seat, watching as the city morphed into a more age-worn setting, the differences between the more gentrified areas showing through the more they drove on. Loona was playing some music on the Bluetooth, which was some kind of cassette player she connected her phone to due to the dated van. 

Via was still grappling with the fact the last time she was in this Van was on her way to Loo-Loo Land, remembering her father’s ridiculous hat.

And the explosion.

And the fire.

“Have you ever been to Loo-loo land?” Octavia asked offhandedly, Loona blowing a raspberry.

“Fuck no, Blitz tried making me go once,” she recalled, “But, was already too old for it by the time I could…you know.” 

Via nodded, “Yeah. ‘Cause Blitz obliterated the place.”

The hellhound looked through the rearview mirror at nothing, the road deserted and dark.

“That too.” Loona cleared her throat, realizing how tightly she had been holding onto the steering wheel.

“Dude, where’s all this sentimental shit coming from?” Loona was laughing nervously now, Octavia realizing it as well, sharing her own nervous giggles. 

“I-I dunno? We‘ve just uh…never had a moment to?” Via scoffed, embarrassed now as Loona just kept laughing, 

"Well then, I know what our problem is." She smacked her head, "Ugh, how could I have been so stupid!" she pulled onto the oncoming highway,

"I need to give you the full Welcome." 

and without warning, rolled the windows down, the music spilling out the windows.

Octavia let out an almost inaudible squeak, the wind loud and raging from where they were. 

Loona looked over at her, smiling. 

Are you having fun yet?!”

“Oh yeah! Loads! I can feel my insides shaking!” Via yelled back at her, the loud blaring music adding to the chaos. 

The other cars on the road, if there were any, swerved past and probably honked, but Loona zipped along, sticking a hand out the window and flipping off whoever passed by.

Octavia laughed, “ Loona-” 

Loona rolled her eyes, “They don’t care!” she defended herself, “Not my fault i'm the only one following the speed limit.” 

The next 4 minutes were blurry and laced with Adrenaline, the two screaming the lyrics like they were the only ones for miles.

And even though it was temporary...

They both seemingly forgot the things that cluttered their lives then.

.

 

 

.

 

 

.

 

 

As the music reached its peak, the song finally dying down so Octavia could at least hear her thoughts again.

Loona rolled the windows back up as they pulled into the Parking lot, taking the keys out of the ignition. 

"We're here." 

Octavia looked up at the building, processing what exactly it was she was looking at.

"Hm." 

Loona smiled, "Your polished turd awaits," she stuffed the keys into her pocket, unlocking the doors.

"Ready?"

The other demon looked from the building, then to Loona, music still playing in her ears. 

“Yep.”

They got out of the van, their footsteps heavy against the pavement as they entered the building, not a demon in sight due to how late it was. 

Despite being Imp City, their neck of the jungle was asleep by the time the clock struck midnight, so it was sleepy time in the building. 

Via wasn’t exactly sure what she was expecting, but the relief she felt when there wasn’t any notable noises or ruckus of any sort was telling of what she visualized. 

Loona walked past the elevator, “Out of order, always is.” 

“You sure?” 

“Trust me, if it doesn’t have the sign up, it still probably smells like piss.” 

“I’ll remember that.” 

They laughed quietly, walking up a few flights of stairs to the 13th floor. They didn’t speak much, Via just staring at the peeling paint coming off the stairwells walls. 

The building was similar to the IMP office itself, since they were both in proximity to each other, it may be that they were built around the same time, or by the same developer.

None of this was entirely important, but it made Octavia feel at ease since she had been in the office once before. 

Loona led her to the end of the hallway, unlocking the very last door to the right, but before twisting the knob, she turned to Octavia with caution.

Shh.” 

Octavia nodded, and Loona pushed open the door ever so slightly.

On any other night, she would’ve just barged in like it was anyone's business. Blitz didn’t care when she’d come in.

Tonight, they were in ninja-mode, Because Octavia was technically not supposed to be here. 

But luckily for them, the apartment was dark and silent, Loona inspected, and the two walked in as quietly as they possibly could. 

 

Octavia took in as much of it as she could, the smell, the furniture, only illuminated by the faint glow coming off her own pinkish-eyes. 

And with a feeling of relief, she spotted a row of budding plants sitting near an open windowsill, stretching themselves towards the beam of light the moon tried casting beneath a blanket of gray clouds...

She followed behind Loona blindly, almost tripping over something on the floor before getting inside The hellhounds room safely. 

Fuck-” Loona laughed, Octavia giggling as she adjusted her posture.

“I almost ate shit out there…” 

“And if you did? We both would’ve.” 

They laughed silently once again, Loona going to her desk and setting her messenger bag down, Octavia putting her own near the door so she could taste the room.

Similarly to her own, it offered a more dark ambience, band posters lining the walls and tapestries covering every speck of Blitz’s wallpapering job. 

She made it her own, it was her space, and she was letting her in. 

“Tired, huh?” Loona yawned, “Stop standing around, this shithole’s not a display.” 

Octavia shook her head, “This isn’t a shithole, it’s nice.” 

“Seriously? You, Miss Silver-spoon of the Ars Shitheads?” 

Loona-!” Via almost exclaimed, Loona putting a finger to her mouth, 

“I’m just saying, you think it’s nice here?"

Octavia shrugged, “I mean, if my dad can do it, I can.” 

Loona didn’t seem to be buying it, Octavia smiling as convincingly as she could.

“Then I hope you don’t mind the bed.” 

They climbed onto it, the two laying on their backs as they stared up at the ceiling.

The events that took place moments before now we're still dancing beneath Via’s eyelids, playing out on the wall above her.

To be honest, despite never going to admit this out loud, this was probably the most fun she’s had in a while.

Loona had placed her phone on a little rustic speaker, playing a more mellow song now that the two were beginning to unwind, the clock reading a time way past whatever Night looked like.

Via wanted to talk, pry more about the supposed fight between her father and Loona’s own. 

But the moment was too precious to her not to spoil it with that shit. 

 And now, beneath the covers, she wasn’t even minding the flecks of fur here and there.

“Sorry, uh…I may get feathers in the sheets if that’s cool.” 

“Oh wow, did you just bring that up ‘cause my sheets are basically a pelt?” Loona glared in a fake-mean way, Octavia giving her one right back.

“Ha-ha, I was only saying it to be polite.” 

“You’re anything but polite, Vi.” Loona yawned again, Octavia following suit. 

“Heh…you may be right…Uh, by the way, what exactly are we going to say when those two wake up tomorrow?” 

Loona thought it over, eyes already closed. 

“Just tell ‘em you were having a sleepover with me, obviously. I mean, that’s what we’re doin’ right?” 

Octavia was embarrassed by the my-inner-tweenager-is-healing feeling in her chest when she heard that, but just nodded. 

“Right. Good cover.” She got more comfortably beneath the covers, looking up at the ceiling.

“And the whole…?” 

“You’ll be able to talk to Stolas about it in the morning too, all that shits not going anywhere.” Loona opened one of her eyes to show she was listening, Octavia looking back at her. 

Still feeling like a fish out of water, still the feelings of the conflicts her life seemed to be made up of, Via just inhaled, smiling once more at the Hellhound. 

 

“Thanks again, Loona.” Via said, closing her eyes and sighing, letting the heaviness drift her away…

 

And little did she know, that was all Loona needed to hear to let herself fall asleep. 



.




.




.




Notes:

well, what do you guys think? This isn't exactly my cleanest chapter, i felt like it was sort of all over the place, but I just wanted to try doing a more weightless Chapter, but still have it driving the plot while making it fun!
It's v sentimental, and I wanted to showcase the dynamic of both Loona and Via as not only a sisterly dynamic, but also a support system. <3

But let me know your thoughts down below!

Chapter 8: The Dawn...Dawned.

Summary:

The day after, things seem to start off normal.

But every time they try to sit down and discuss; another obstacle seems to appear!

However, 1 Good thing this offers is a moment to recharge.

Notes:

Ok, every 2-3 days imma update from now on! did you know that this chapter was MUCH longer? but i chopped it in half for YOUR reading pleasure!!

hop u enjy hehheh

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

 

.




.




.



The sun broke through the windows, Blitz covering his eyes with the crook of his elbow.

The dawn had finally dawned, and it seemed his alarm didn’t go off at all. He thought about panicking, but when he uncovered his eyes and checked the clock, it was much earlier than the alarm he set anyway.

Huh, that never happens. 

Stols, can you use your floaty-magic to close the fuckin curtains…?” Blitz mumbled, face still covered as he rolled on his side.

Suddenly, he gripped the sheets next to him, realizing the Stolas-sized-spot beside him.

Or…weren’t the two laying on each other when they fell asleep? 

It didn’t matter that much, Blitz just sitting up and yawning.

He probably did some magic-man-shit to get Blitz off of him, because he wasn’t that much of a heavy sleeper.

Sure enough, the bedroom door was cracked open just enough so it could be closed without making any noise, and the smell of coffee bled into the room as Blitz’s senses adjusted, and readjusted, as he became more awake.

The smell was accompanied by a humming-tune, the voice belonging to a specific bird Blitz could tell apart anywhere. 

And with those two sweet senses filling the Imp with temptation, it was too good to resist any longer. 

He got up out of bed, not bothering with the sheets as he stretched his arms over his head, pushing open the bedroom door to see Stolas by the windowsill, sprinkling water onto the tiny plants.

When he lived back at the palace, he had these huge, triumphant, plants that were definitely well-fed and well-loved. 

Sadly, these were the only ones Stolas could even salvage. 

He was singing softly to them, the plants shaking droplets of water off their leaves and appreciatively leaning into the spout of Stolas’ watering can. 

The Owl-demon glanced over at Blitz as he stood in the doorway, leaning against the doorframe.

He continued humming, his little grin growing as Blitz walked over to him, his tail wrapping around one of Stolas’ legs. 

“Goodmorning, Blitz.” Stolas put the plant down, opening the window just a little bit more as he did so. 

“Never took you for an early bird.” Blitz quipped, 

Stolas looked at him, “Me neither, but…I slept nearly enough.” there were dark circles beneath those crimson eyes, “Did you sleep well?” 

 Blitz just nodded, inspecting the plants as he uncurled his tail from Stolas’ leg, replacing it with an arm to wrap around his hip. 

Stolas’ heart jumping, now looking down at Blitz’s arm, procuring a bit of a headrush from the contact. 

Blitz was oblivious to this, peering down at the plants.

“They’re alive?” 

“Ah, yes, very.” Stolas poked one, making the little thing squirm at the touch.

“They won’t grow to be anything like the ones I used to take care of, but they’ll be nice company.” 

There were 2 of them, one seeming to be growing into something much more flowery and vine-y. The other one was reminiscent of a Venus flytrap, though Stolas was petting it as if it was the cutest thing in the world. 

Sometimes, back then, Blitz would hang back after their little flings, per Stolas’ request. ( is what he’d like to remember.) After eating whatever cereal or breakfast that could be whipped up on short notice, he’d watch Stolas feed the monsterly plants that harbored the old Palace, and he looked happily content doing so. 

Want to try feeding them?”

“Fuck no, they’d eat me first.” 

“No! Well…” 

The imp smiled at the memory, trying to skim away from the adamant ways he’d act towards the other man.

It was…

It was…?

It was so unfair. 

But…they were together now, weren’t they?

Stolas was rubbing a Circle into Blitz’s shoulder, snapping him back into reality.

“Anywho. I made a pot of coffee, help yourself to it.” 

Blitz chortled, “ Pot of coffee, he said.” 

“And what is so odd about the way I said it?” 

Nothing.” Blitz kept repeating it quietly, Stolas just looking over at him as he made himself a mug. 

He tried maintaining the annoyance, but his hand rubbed at his hip slowly, where Blitz had held him.

Even if it was only brief, It was still refreshing, the little touches the imp never even dared to make before. 

Made things feel… definite. 

But it didn’t heal the bad-shittery that happened yesterday, it was rattling around in their heads, and it was a matter of time until one of them cracked and brought it up first. 

Blitz took loud, long, sips of the coffee, letting out an exhale and commentary on how good it was. 

“Did you do something to this Coffee, Stols?” 

“I just made one of those things you had sitting in the pantry…?” 

“Hm, right.” Blitz exhaled, “ I did this.” he gave himself a pat on the back, Stolas just turning at the little plants again with a heavy sigh.

Do you see him? Whatever am I going to do with him?” He whispered to them, the plants seeming to nod their buds in silent agreement. 

“I heard that, bird-brain.” Blitz said between sips, Stolas giving a grin to the plants and striding to the couch. 

“Well, When you’re done appreciating your coffee, come over here.” He sat down slowly, straightening his posture as he did so. 

“Shouldn’t Loona be waking up soon?”

Blitz audibly shrugged despite not being too visible to Stolas , “She really just gets up when she wants to. Besides, you have her job now, and you can use the book if we ever need to portal up…” Blitz was realizing these things as he was saying them, beginning to stop drinking at that, the liquid almost splashing onto his arm if he didn’t move fast enough. 

“…I…guess I only really need Loony at the office for the extra brute and brawn…mostly.” 

“Oh,” Stolas said, turning to look at Blitz as he stood in the kitchen, 

“Well, how lovely for her. She’s finally able to work while still having a flexible schedule.” 

Blitz’s curving shoulders reached a stand-still, “ Oh, Yeah? Well…when ya put it like that, I guess it is, isn’t it.” 

Stolas nodded, staying transfixed on him. 

“Why? Were you worried?” 

“No? It’s just, we had this huge fight about me replacing her at one point.” Blitz placed the mug on the coffee table, sitting down next to him. 

Face to face again, Stolas’ hand was on his hip again, “Well, Loona and I discussed it yesterday, and she seemed rather content with her position. If that…helps?” 

“Huh.” Blitz blinked, “It actually does.” 

The owl-demon looked pleased, “Then what’s to worry about?” 

The Imp looked at him with an edge, an edge that knew what exactly there was to be worrying about, and Blitz knew the other man did too.

Stolas inhaled, and was able to open his mouth before Loona swung open her door.

“Mornin’.” she yawned, “Give me coffee.” 

Blitz turned himself all the way around, “Loony! Goodmorning!” 

Bli-” Stolas raised his hand, but Blitz smacked it down, gripping it and squeezing. 

The hellhound walked to the coffee pot, “Both of you, shut the fuck up. Heard you talkin’ shit.” 

“Talking shit?! Us, talking shit about our pride and joy?” Blitz put a hand on Stolas’ knee, another lightning bolt shooting through him.

“Y-yes, hardly.” 

Loona groaned, “What the fuck is up with you two? Shouldn’t you be getting ready or something?” She walked back out to where she was visible, Blitz noticing her other hand holding another cup of coffee.

Always quick to change the subject, pointed at the cups. 

“Hmm, don’t you think that’s a lot of caffeine, sweetie?” 

“Fuck off, Blitz. Since when have you cared about how much I drink?” 

Blitz side-eyed Stolas, who was still trying to get his attention.

The owl-demon frowned, Blitz pleading with his eyes to just go with it. 

 So, reluctantly, he crossed his legs and tilted his head.

“...Do you have someone in there, Loona?” 

The hellhound's expression darkened, but only for a moment, glaring at them.

“No?! Satan, I just fuckin’ woke up and you’re already-” 

Blitz stood up, “Well then, if you don’t, can I check?” 

“What? No?! Don’t fuckin’ go in my room!” 

Blitz looked at her, pointing at the other man.

“... Stolas?” 

“No! Definitely not him.” 

She barely even lets her own Adoptive father make direct eye-contact with her. 

Stolas looked stricken, but by some weird bird-dad-intuition, he stood up. 

“Well, I doubt you’ve brought a boy in there.” 

Fuck, no!” 

Blitz put his hands over his heart, “Well, a girl is fine too, sweetie! C’mon, just look at me!”

"It's not even...!" 

Loona’s hands shook, locked and loaded on the Imp, Blitz remembering that she was double-wielding two cups of scalding hot coffee, and stepped down a bit. 

Stolas was walking slowly over to the side of her, Loona still staring daggers at the other man, and soon enough, Stolas sprinted past her, Loona turning so quickly that some of the coffee splashed onto the floor, but Stolas was already behind the door the time she turned around. 

Damn, I’ve never seen him move so fast- Oh SHIT.” 

Blitz was met with a mug to the face, Loona stomping into her room where Stolas was standing, shell-shocked. Octavia was still asleep, her head poking out from beneath the comforter, sleeping soundly.

“Told you.” Loona said, crossing her arms. “And don’t think I’m forgiving you for coming in here.”

Stolas crouched near her, putting his hand on her head. 

His owlet was here, he computed. She was really here. 

“You brought her?” Stolas asked, Loona nodding and looking away. 

“Yeah, uh. She wanted me to pick her up from something…What, is that okay?”

Stolas chuckled, “I’m just wondering why you were keeping it a secret…” 

Loona scratched her face, “Well, I was cool with covering, but she seemed nervous about it. I mean, she’s technically not supposed to be here for another few days.”

“Right, but you did it anyway.” Stolas didn’t sound at all angry, Loona feeling a twinge of relief.

“But you are aware of the consequences of doing this, right, Loona?” 

All the relief she felt dissipated in a second, at a loss for words. 

Luckily for her though, Via’s eyes began to open, reacting to her father’s touch, and when she realized he was right in front of her, she reeled back. 

Dad?” She shot up, “ I’m-“

“It’s okay.” He said simply, “I'm glad you’re here.” 

Loona found her escape, beginning to back out of the room, Via looking over at her as she did so. 

But what about your mother? Does she know..?” Stolas put his hands on the sides of her face, bidding her to look back at him. 

She didn’t have much time to articulate, telling the truth her only real option. 

“...No. Not at all, actually.” 

Stolas sighed a bit apprehensively, Via shrinking. Everything from tomorrow rushing back to her as soon as she saw her fathers face, it was like someone had splashed water on her to get her to wake. He noticed the fear spiking his daughter's face, holding his arms out to her. 

“It’s…it’s alright, But may I ask why?” Stolas hugged her, missing her even more despite seeing her again. 

“Mom forced me to go out with her and Uncle Andre.” she said quietly, “I just called Loona to pick me up…I assumed you were sleeping.” 

“I would’ve-” 

“You would’ve said no.” she finally put her arms around him, “But i’m happy to see you anyway.” 

“I’ve missed you.” he cooed, exhaling and hugging her closer. While the moment seemed to be cooling off, the article hung between them like some kind of trap. 

Octavia had no idea if Stolas knew she knew, but…

Would that be a good thing to bring up now?

“...Uh…” She started, “Dad?” 

“Yes, Via?” he pulled away to look at her, making Octavia rethink whether or not bringing this up at the crack of dawn was the thing her father needed.

Especially now. 

She just shook her head,

"Uh...Your plants..." She stuttered, "They're pretty. I saw them last night." 

"Oh. Thank you, my darling." He played with the feathers on her head, smoothing them out as he spoke, "Has your mother laid waste to my greenhouse as I feared?" 

Octavia blew one of her loose feathers away, watching it take flight, "They...put up a good fight." 

She remembered that perilous night, her mother's dressed stained with dark, murky, mud as if she crawled out of a crypt.

Stolas shook his head in memoriam, 

"Did you...?" 

"As best As I could." she reassured, "But Uncle Andrealphus says plants are-"

"-Dirt for indoors?"  Stolas cut her off, "Yes, he has remarked that to me plenty of times."

Via laughed, her feelings tangling and bordering between ease and guilt.

She didn't know whether or not she wanted to laugh more, or cry harder.

All she knew to do was put her head into her father's chest, his scent always lavender-y and familiar. 

Do I have to go back there now?” She asked, Stolas shaking his head.

“No, I need to get dressed, I’ll be working today,” He kept her in her arms, Via shimmying out from beneath the covers so Stolas could pull her closer again. “As much as I’d hate to leave you with her, I'll be in more trouble if I don’t let you leave.” 

“...Oh, you’re working with Blitz now?” Via decided to play dumb,

 

“Well, if you have work…Loona…can she just take me back?” 

 

Stolas smiled, thinking he'd be offended, but just pecked her forehead, 

 

"Of course, just let me hold you for a little bit longer, I need the recharge."

 

Via nodded, squeezing him. 

 

"I know, Dad. I know." 

 

.




.




.

Notes:

stols needs hugs

let me know your thoughts down below <3

I want a hug too 9_9

Chapter 9: Why So Paranoid?

Summary:

Blitz is a little cross with Loona, an argument erupting between the two.

And they still have to get ready for work. Zamn.

Notes:

AGH SORRY IVE BEEN SO BUSY ITS BEEN 5 DAYS.

 

But I’m back!!!

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text



.




.

 

Blitz scrubbed the coffee off the floor with a paper towel, a mark beginning to appear on his face from the mug. His shirt was almost fully brown from the coffee,

and the fallen mug was in pieces, sitting in its final resting place…the trash . Death rays radiated from him as Loona stood against the wall, seeming to try and listen into the conversation the other two were having behind the closed door. 

Blitz tried getting the coffee out of the carpet

As best he could, and got up from the floor with a heavy grunt, throwing the coffee stained towel into the sink but barely missing, half of it hanging out annoyingly. 

Things weren’t exactly going his way. 

Not only were he and Stolas about to unpack the weight that NEEDED to be aired, but to then get cut-off once again by Loona?

Bark. 

Now, wagging his finger at his daughter, the hellhound's ears shot up.  

“So, you took the company van out in the dead of night, Loony?” Blitz asked, Loona not responding. 

“You know the fuckin’ nightmare Via’s mother is, she’ll fuckin’ freak out once she notices she’s gone!” He wasn’t being too subtle, Loona putting her finger over her mouth to silence him.

“They’ll fucking hear you, i know you’re a bit angry, but you need to shut your pie-hole for one fucking second.”  

Blitz felt blood rush to his face, he was more than a bit angry, not because he got clobbered with a coffee mug, or because there was a new coffee stain on the floor. But by adding another egg to the basket by basically napping Octavia without her mother knowing was the last thing they needed. 

“She probably doesn’t even know yet, Vi’s phone would be blowing up.” Loona said it was no big deal. 

“Aww, You guys have nicknames?!??!?” Blitz’s heart sang, but the affectionate nickname Loona was using aside, he was still ticked off. 

“W-well, it’s about to be no-more-mister-NICE-daddy in here! Because YOU are gonna give that Old Bird a fuckin’ apology!” 

“Nothing has even happened yet! Is Via not allowed to go anywhere when she’s with her Mom or something?”

Blitz’s eye visibly twitched, pinching the area between his eyes.

“Not exactly, but if she finds out she’s here-?” 

“Get off my back, why are you so paranoid?” Loona wasn’t exactly sure why Blitz was so upset. 

“-Stolas is already getting shit for just breathing, for still being alive.” His words were edged, getting more ticked off that this needed to be explained, “But now, here’s an actual reason for that twat to rear her head at him.” He referred to Stella like a curse, Loona crossing her arms.

“See why I didn’t wanna fuckin’ tell you?” 

“Well here’s the other shit you shouldn’t tell! Did you tell Via about the shit they’re saying about her dad?” 

Loona faltered, but only for a moment, glaring at him.

“No. She found out on her own, happy? Besides, she deserves the right to know no matter what!” She pointed at her phone, “She texted me concerned to all-fuck about her dad, and you. So you better be fuckin’ lucky.” 

Blitz read through the texts as fast as his brain could compute, barely catching half the words they were trying to spell, but..

The feeling of being cared about by his partner’s child, including his own, seemed to ease the tension that was currently trying to swallow him whole, even if it was only by a little bit. 

Officially backing off, he still lifted his head and huffed.

“You’re still giving him an apology, missy.” 

“Whatever.” 

Blitz smiled triumphantly, Loona wanting to wipe that shit eating grin right off his face, but the photos taken the night before appeared on her phone’s lock screen, Octavia and herself smiling and headbanging to whatever song was playing in the background. And it was so worth it all over again. 

Loona wasn’t exactly trying to make sense of this blistering frustration Blitz was having, wasn’t getting why he was so upset. Especially this early in the morning, but she’d venture to think It was probably thanks to the special surprise they received last night. 

And when she saw the pair of them on the couch when she got up…

Fine , she mused, she’ll let him have this. 

 

Stolas finally came out from the bedroom with his daughter, her bag slung over her shoulder.

Loona feared the pair of them might’ve been waiting for their conversation to end, but the look on the owl-demon’s faces seemed to be perfectly clueless. Blitz looked to have the exact same worry, but he tried not to show it. 

“Good-morning.” Via yawned, “Sorry for the fuss.”

“No problem.” Loona said, Blitz clearing his throat and elbowing her. 

“There somethin’ ya wanna say to Stolas, Loony?” 

She almost barred her teeth, but not before Via looked at her expectantly, a little grin on her face. 

Relenting now, the hellhound bowed her head ever so slightly.

“Sorry,” she said half-heartedly, “I’ll take responsibility.” 

She didn’t sound too keen on that, but Stolas just nodded and took it appreciatively. 

“No worries, thank you for helping her.” In truth, he was saying it more for Loona’s benefit then anything, but whatever reparations he was going to face for this wasn’t going to be nearly as bad as the things he’s already indured, rubbing Octavia’s shoulder.

“But next time, try to not make it a late-night rescue mission, please?” Blitz interjected, Stolas chuckling. 

“That would be a nice rule.” 

“What, you gonna punish me too?’’ Loona mumbled, Octavia shaking her head.

“If you’re going to punish anyone, punish me. I asked her-” 

“-No you didn’t, I asked you.” 

“Punish them both! BOTH!” Blitz was happy to be involved, chiming in. Stolas sighing. 

Enough, everyone!” he thought for a moment, tapping his chin.  

“No, Okay. How about this? You can take Via back to wherever her mother is staying, more time for the two of you to spend together?” Stolas pressed a hand to his chest, “ As an apology. Less skin off my beak.” 

Octavia’s eyes sparkled, Loona pumping a fist. 

“Huh, guess you’re not so bad after all.” 

She took the keys off the mantle, Blitz gasping.

“And take the fuckin’ van? We need that!” he said, “No fuckin’ way! Stolas-” 

“Don’t be a pill, Blitz.” The other man said it teasingly, making Blitz sputter. 

“A pi- the fuck?!” 

Stolas pecked his daughter on the forehead, walking over to Blitz and grabbing him by the shirt, pulling him to the bedroom.

“We have work to do, Blitz!” he sings, Blitz struggling against his hold. 

“Let go of me, hooker!” He bit Stolas’ hand, The owl-demon barely flinching, lifting his other hand and waving at the two.

“Have fun, girls!” 

Octavia waved back, “Bye, Dad…?” 

And once they were behind the door, Blitz could be heard.

 

DON’T DO ANYTHING I WOULDN’T DO, LOONYYY!” 

 

The girls  looked at each other, smiling stupidly before bolting out the door. 

And, unbeknownst to their fathers, they were about to take several detours. 

                                                                          …

 

Once the door clicked and locked,  Stolas sat Blitz down on the bed, The Imp growling and spitting the stray feathers he got in his mouth. 

“Be lucky I didn't take some skin with me.” he grumbled, “I can’t believe you fuckin’ did that.”

“I’m sorry, but I wanted to get them out and about, You need to admit it was tense in here, right?” Stolas removed his robe, his back to turn to the other as he got his work-clothes from the closet, taking them off the hanger. 

Blitz tapped his foot, grumbling. “Yeah. Fuck.” he wanted to scream. 

“And…I think Via knows. I mean, how could she not? Ugh, how humiliating.” Stolas’ voice bordered on nervousness, “Shall I get your coat for you too?” 

“But what about you?” 

“My coat?”

“No, fuck the fuckin coat- I’m talking about you! You wanted to tell me something.” 

Stolas turned to look in the mirror, buttoning up his shirt. 

“Right,” He looked at him, “Did you want me to continue…Or were you going to cut me off again?”

“Fair. But did you think I wanted to talk about something private in front of my kid? Look, just tell me now so we can put this all to bed.” 

Stolas clicks his tongue and adjusts the collar of his shirt. 

“What else is there to be said?” 

The owl-demon handed him his clothes, “My mood was thoroughly fixed by seeing Octavia, if i’m honest, especially seeing her with Your Loona. And…I believe we’ve said enough last night?”

Blitz couldn’t help but grin a bit too, he had to admit, seeing Loona and Octavia being buddy-buddy was definitely a mood fixer. 

“I just don’t want you to be moody about all this, is all.” Blitz clarified, letting Stolas take his pajamas and got up to change himself. 

“Well, that goes both ways. Are you going to be moody over this?” 

Blitz shook his head profusely, Stolas looking him up and down. 

“Alright, me neither.”

“Yeah, well. Whatever you say, you were looking all constipated earlier before Loona came in, thinking you were mad at me or something.” 

Well , I like your honesty.” Stolas watched Blitz change, settling against the dresser and filing his fingers through his feathers. 

“I just hope you’ll do good on your promise.” 

Blitz shrugged on his coat, “Promise?” 

Stolas traced his hand against the dresser’s wood, “You’re not going to massacre anyone over this, will you?” 

The Imp thought about it, his former anger was really in the Demon-ex-wife box right about now. 

But even so, the two things were sort of intertwined, were they not? I mean, who else would go out of their way to get some paparazzi’s all the way down to Imp City to photograph him and Stolas? 

Stella wasn’t above petty threats, and that was for certain. 

This was getting personal, and if they could get low? Please.

Blitz goes lower.  

“What do you think my answer is, Stolas?” He grinned, Stolas raising an eyebrow.

“Blitz?” 

He walked closer to him, putting a hand on his shoulder. 

 

If your answer is anything like the worst possible thing i’m thinking? It better not be.” 



Blitz kept grinning, putting his hand over Stolas’ own.

 

Trust me, bird-brain.” 



It was probably even worse. 

 

.






.



.

 

Notes:

THIS CHAPTER WAS CHOPPED INTO TWO PARTS, NEXT PART IM GONNA POST LATER IN THE DAY!!

Chapter 10: Ring, Ring!

Notes:

I SAID I WOULD UPDATE, AND I DID. MWAHAHAH

i have so many ideas, but i need to finish the build-up before we get to SHENANIGANS

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

 

.






.



.





By the time they portalled to the office, Millie and Moxie were already there. 

“Morning, Blitz!” Millie called to him, “Morning, Stolas!” 

Stolas waved, Blitz’s hands stuffed in his pockets. 

“Yeah, yeah. Mornin,’ M&M. Today’s another fuck-filled one, so I hope we got our listening ears on!” 

“I’ll start over there.” Stolas said, looking at Blitz.

“Mmkay.” The imp said nonchalantly, “Hop to it.” 

Stolas lingered, but only for a moment, bending down and petting his head. Blitz resisted, but his defenses were quickly shut down as the Owl-demon kissed his forehead, 

Millie giggled, Blitz pushing Stolas away.

“Cheeky.” He muttered, “Get to work.” 

“Yessir.” Stolas saluted and toddled off, the storm finally stilling. 

He watched Stolas walk to the receptionist desk,  pressing the voicemail button and letting the answering machine run through anything they may have missed, putting the phone to his ear, beginning to write stuff down almost immediately. 

The other Imps glanced at each other, Moxie nodding at Blitz as 

Millie shifted from foot to foot, getting a bit closer to her boss and cleared her throat.

“We uh…saw y’all in some article last night.”

“Ugh, of course you guys saw it too.” Blitz balled his fists, “ Great!” 

Moxie shuddered, Stolas audibly exhaling from where he sat and held the phone between his shoulder and cheek.

“How did they even manage to get those out? I thought you two ended those guys?” Moxie asked.

“Careless mistakes, Little one.” Stolas said from his spot, scribbling away, “Please forgive me.” “Don’t apologize, Stolas. It’s not your fault!” Millie said, “I mean, we’ve always been kinda…” 

Millie looked for a word, any word that came out furthest away from the truth.

“Disliked? Not taken seriously?” Moxie offered, Millie biting her lip. 

“Hon, shush. Look at Blitz.” 

Blitz was tapping his foot, eyes darting in all directions as he rubbed his chin. 

“Umm…” Millie rubbed her arm, looking to her husband for some support. 

The two of them understood the situation nearly enough. While their business was small, they had been smeared in the press a couple of times before.

But now, they were pretty much being seen at a Ring-Wide Scale. 

Moxie’s thought process however, was this: What they didn’t need right now is Blitz’s attitude getting in the way of the clientele they still had, and if Blitz was going to keep this attitude on all day? They’ll lose more. He knew Millie agreed with him, albeit silently, and unknown to him, Loona did as well.

He was sure, deep inside, that Blitz understood this too, so perhaps this was his way of being compliant? But they were not going to make it through this day with whatever mood Blitz was in. 

He searched for a way to combat this, Stolas now heard mumbling from over at his spot on the phone, he didn’t seem to be on the phone with anyone, but he looked nervous. 

I’mma go check up on Stolas, you talk to Blitz.” Millie whispered, seeming to be watching him too. Moxie pulled his collar, 

What, why me?” 

Millie gestured to him, “ What? Like you could deal with Stolas?” 

Before he could protest again, She was already toddling over to the other demon, who smiled as she hopped up onto the desk. 

Now, looking back at Blitz, he was still doing what could only be called tweaking-the-fuck-out, Moxie sweating at just the look of him. 

“So, Sir… how about we just talk about something else, huh? Uh…Are we finally going to do good on that one Client’s request to kill their already ailing grandmother? Or are we just going to let nature take its course and take the credit?” Moxie asked with a strained chuckle, pulling a file from out of his satchel and waving it a bit. This seemed to peak the other Imps interest, the tapping of his foot finally ceasing. 

Blitz thought about it, “Hmm, let’s circle back to that later…!” His voice was tight, “Conference room sounds good? Great, let’s go get off, Mox.” 

“I’m sorry, what?” 

“Get it on! FUCK! I mean, LET’S GO DO SOMETHING ELSE.” Blitz was dragging him, Millie and Stolas turning to watch as she tried blocking the Owl-demon’s view with her head. 

“Don’t worry about them right now!” She exclaimed, Stolas fidgeting with the phone chord. 

“How can I not? This fine mess is my doing anyway. I tried not bringing it up in an effort to keep Blitz from getting bent out of shape over it…But that didn’t seem to work.” He gestured to the closed conference room door, the other two Imp’s silhouettes seen bouncing up and down from their spots on the other side of the room. 

“Blitz has always been very…strong with his way, If ya know what i’m saying. Stubborn as a bull.” She admitted, like it wasn’t air apparent. “But…He seems to be really holdin’ off. He’s really only ever done this a couple times.” 

She patted Stolas’ shoulder, “That just means he’s tryin’ his hardest to look good for you.” 

Stolas stirred, happiness blooming a bit inside, “You think so?”

“Of course! He may not be the best at showin’ it…B hasn’t been so lucky in the love department.” 

Stolas nodded, while he didn’t know much about Blitz’s romantic history, he did briefly meet one of his exes…

And she was a real piece of work, it made him realize how much of the Imp he still didn’t know. 

Millie’s eyes scanned his reaction, quirking a brow,

“Hasn’t told you much?” 

“Afraid not, but he can open up to me whenever he chooses. We’re still reeling from…you know.” 

“Well obviously! Y’all got a lot on your plates right now, but I'm sure you two got enough bliss between the two of you to stay afloat…?” 

Stolas blinked, her accent seeming to grow excessively thicker as she smiled knowingly. 

“Oh, what? Don’t act like I’m blind, you two were lovin’ on each other and what not! And in my opinion, whoever wrote that bullshit is just jealous.” She tapped on her phone, pulling up the article and zooming in on the picture. 

“Couldn’t even get a decent shot.” 

Stolas thought he’d be a bit more adamant of Millie’s opinion, because he still felt horrible about the article.

But…

He was indeed a sucker for the romantics.

“W-well, I have to admit, staying with him has been a dream. And he’s been very kind to me…In some cases.” 

Millie grinned, “See? And I’m sure the plowin’ has been legendary-” 

“- i’m sorry, “Plowin”?” Stolas then gasped, chuckling, “ Oh, that’s a sex term.” 

“Heh, ‘course you would know that, you pervert!” She was giggling now, Stolas giggling with her like a couple of school children, placing the phone back on the receiver and turning off the answering machine. 

Stolas ceased his giggling fit, face turning much more solemn.

“But if i’m honest…Blitz and I haven't exactly had much time to…” 

 

Ring, ring! 

 

They froze, looking at the phone, then at each other. 

 

Stolas covered his mouth with one hand, “ My first call.” 

Millie was clapping, “ Do it, do it, DO IT! Though, we usually don’t get calls this early.” 

He grabbed the phone, steeling himself as he picked it up. Millie gave him silent moral support, as he cleared his throat. 

“Hello, I.M.P?” He said cooly, his voice contrasting his giggling from only a mere seconds ago, Millie visibly impressed. 

She waited, as did Stolas, whose face transformed from stone cold to… down-right confused. 



“I’m sorry, What?” 

 

.




.




.

Notes:

Millie and Stolas connecting was what i WANTED DESPERATELY

 

LET ME KNOW WHAT U THUNK FOLKS

Chapter 11: Intercepting?

Notes:

Sorry I’ve been busy :((((
Hope everyone is okay!

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

.




.




.




Once in the conference room, Blitz doing his usual schtick, Moxie peered at Blitz’s notepad. 

There was a doodle-plan he didn’t fully recognize.

While Blitz’s plans were incomprehensible most of the time without an explanation, considering the recent events…Curiosity was bound to get the better of him. 

He checked if Blitz was looking before swiping the notepad off the table, flipping to the particular page,  and saw some kind of manic scribbles that could only be described as something splayed on an insane asylum wall. 

“Uh, Sir? What is this?” He asked, looking closer and widening his eyes, “Oh. This has something to do with the Article I presume.”

“Yeah, no shit, Moxxie.” He yanked it from his hands, “And ya don’t have to talk so loud. This here,” he tapped the page, 

“Is officially confidential files shared between only you and me.” 

Moxxie got a whiff of his breath,  scooting away. “It’s you and I.” 

“Don’t be a fuckin’ wise-ass, I get enough of that from Stols’ now.” Blitz grumbled, thinking back to the other day where Stolas waved a Hooked-On-Phonics book around and tried to get Blitz to “learn his vowels.” 

(Like what the fuck? Vowels were a MYTH.)

“Hm, sounds real.” Moxxie said, “Well, what were you planning on doing?” 

“Simple: We go kill the fuckers who wrote this!” 

Moxie’s jaw dropped, but only for a split second, because this was definitely the shit his boss would pull. 

“Wow. figures.” Moxxie wasn’t all that fazed, “But do you think this is a smart decision? We could ask for it’s removal-” 

“Right, that'll stop it! Not like everyone and their grandmama already saw it!” Blitz retaliated with fake amusement. 

Moxxie looked abashed, it really was wishful thinking if they’d take it down at all.

It was hell for crying out loud, they probably would get a middle finger and a laugh to the face. 

“Okay, then how do you plan to do this?”

“Simple. We raid the armory and pop a cap in someone’s ass. How about all of those fucks to set an example?”

Moxxie wasn’t going to even try deciphering whatever the fuck “pop a cap in someone’s ass” was supposed to mean, groaning. 

“So, we’re going to track down this news outlet, find the writer, and then most-likely waste company resources for no pay? Does that seem reasonable?” 

This response didn’t exactly bode well with his boss, making the taller Imp wish Millie was in the room to agree with him instead. 

But she was probably sitting out there, promoting Stolas’ pacifism.  

“Gee, Moxx, you’re being a real party-pooper.” Blitz glared, “Look, you wanna lose your job? Want me to have to lay you and your wife off because I just let some fuck-o’s talk their shit about us?” he tapped the paper profusely, Moxxie glaring back.

“Sir, if you want to carry this out yourself, be my guest, because it will certainly not be my fault if your tail gets arrested because a reporter was doing their job.” 

“It was fucking defamation! Slander!” Blitz flipped the page, a print out of the article already taped and highlighted like some 10th grader’s annotated essay. 

Moxxie tilted his head to read it better, “W-well, this is… actually, sort of impressive.” 

“Thank you, I had some time last night.” Blitz responded like he’d been waiting for a compliment, pointing toward the highlighted bits.

“Look, they talk shit about our business, talk shit about Stolas, even talk shit about my fuckin’ head-” he now directed his attention to his horns, “Like, was that necessary? No! So, I have my rights!” 

“Rights to kill? Rights to kill, because someone talked bad about you? W-...Well, this is hell, now that I think about it…What, no!” 

Satan, what was Moxxie saying? He wasn’t going to buy into this silliness, Blitz was being crazy as per usual, and he wasn’t about to go along with this ignorance just because Blitz was his boss. 

Again, at least. Right?

No! Of course not, all those other times he followed Blitz into imminent failure were moments of weakness. He understood the consequences of following through with such a stupid plan, so why throw the idea back and forth any longer? 

Right!

But what about all the reasons to carry out this plan?

Blitz’s motivations were valid. He’d been completely demolished just by standing outside and smoking with Stolas. 

It was unfair, but did someone deserve to die for it? 

His boss was dead-set on following through, the drawing of the ideal end result had a heroic Blitz standing over something that looked like it was once a body. No amount of persuasion Moxxie thought he could do seemed to discourage him. However…was there someone else who could persuade him to back down? 

He glanced over at the door, Millie and Stolas’ voices now heard from outside.

Moxxie turned around, hoping to change the subject. “...What are they doing out there?” 

“Sounds like you’re avoiding our little convo here, Moxx. Are you fuckin’ in or out?” Blitz put his hands on either side of Moxxie’s chair, tilting it backwards. 

The smaller Imp yelped, “Sir, for the last time, I’m not going to risk what is left of our reputation by making stupid decisions! Besides, is that what Stolas wants-” 

“-Moxxie! Moxxie, keep your fuckin’ voice down.” He cut him off, eyes darting to the door now too, but for a completely different reason. 

Blitz didn’t grasp the radio-silence outside the door just then, the only thing offered being that of a low murmur, probably coming from Stolas. 

“C’mon, Moxx. you need to help me with this, If we don’t fix this shit, We’ll be nothing fuckin’ more than just all the bullshit they spewed in that article.” Blitz persuasiveness was kicking in, and Moxxie resisted as much as his conscience allowed. 

While the silence from outside was grabbing his attention, he warred for control over the situation. 

He was not going to follow through with this awful plan.

He couldn’t.

HE WOULDN’T.

 

 

Ring! Ring! 

 

Moxxie let out a heaving sigh, Blitz backing off and turning towards the phone. 

“Oh my fuck, oh my fuck. IT’SSTOLAS’FIRSTCALL-“ he jumped towards the phone, Moxxie grabbing the end of Blitz’s coat, stopping him from proceeding further. 

“Sir, no! Don’t ruin this for him-“

“NO, I WANT TO BE APART OF THIS.”

“YOU’RE ALREADY TALKING ABOUT RUINING MORE THINGS FOR ALL OF US-“

“-SHUT UP, THEY’LL HEAR YOU.” Blitz clawed at the floor, Moxxie pulling harder. 

“WHAT WILL U EVEN SAY IF STOLAS CATCHES YOU?!”

“-THAT WE WERE, I DUNNO, JERKING OFF?!” Blitz grabbed the receiver, Moxxie alarmed as to how it somehow made it into his hand. 

He lunged forward, grabbing the phone and tugging at its chord, in an effort to remove it from the wall. 

But it didn’t matter, Blitz already pressing it to the side of his face. 

He was excited, for the first time today, he was excited. 

..

 

 

 

But that all went away with 3 words. 



.



.




.




Notes:

NEXT CHAPTER GONNA BE HUGE NO SPOILERS THOO

Chapter 12: A Tale of Two Phone Calls.

Notes:

AFTER LOTS OF PROCRASTINATING AND 5 DANCE PARTIES LATER, I BRING YOU A VERY STAGE-DEFINING CHAPPYY!
AND NOT TO MENTION 4000+ READS? YOU SPOIL ME, THANK YOU TO EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOU FOR READING! A PERSONAL KISS FROM ME, TO ALL MY DEAR READERS!<3

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

 

.





.




.




Millie’s face lined with concern, getting closer to Stolas and trying to hear what exactly was igniting this reaction. His hand tightened around the phone, 

May you repeat that?” Stolas got up in his seat, Millie hanging on the edge of the table.

What? Who is it?” Millie screamed silently, Stolas’ white pupils dilating and contracting as his free-arm crossed over his ribs,

He was having trouble comprehending what he was just told. 

The voice in the phone breathed deep, the voice itself being modulated in some-way, unnaturally deep and distorted. 

Maybe it was the phone, maybe it was a way to disguise the unknown caller's voice. 

All that was certain, is that Stolas was being fucked with. 

The voice finished their breath, letting out a giggle that wasn’t any way friendly.

 

You heard me. You better count your days, I know exactly where you’re hiding.” 

 

Millie gasped, able to hear that last bit, Stolas just blinking and removing the phone from his ear and looking back at her with more frustration than supposed fright. 

I mean, who wouldn’t be scared to receive a call like that?

Instead, he cleared his throat.

 

“... So, did you need me to connect you or…?” 

 

Wh…What? No. This-” this deep voice was stuttering, stuttering. 

Millie chortled now, the voice not as menacing as it seemed.

Stolas looked equally as unimpressed as she did, the voice clearing their throat and growling to assert dominance over the conversation. 

 

T-This message is for you, Prince Stolas. I know where you sleep, you coward.” 

 

Coward?” Stolas echoed, “ I am not the one making anonymous phone calls as a way to try and menace me.” 

 

Millie laughed louder, “Ooh, you tell ‘em, Stolas!”

 

Dammit, Is there someone else in the room with you, you bastard?” 

 

“How could there not be? You’ve called me at my place of work because, oh, you don’t already know my personal number? Hm, that’s pretty shoddy stalker work, my good fellow.” Stolas’ unamused voice enraged the others voice further, trying to keep their already fleeting composure in check, as Millie’s laughter began to escalate. 

 

A-ah. So you work there?” 

 

Stolas sighed, “ If this is going to be another insult, I want to hear none of it.” 

Hand me the phone, Stolas!” Millie said, Stolas doing so with little hesitation.

Gladly.” 

 

Don’t you dare! I’m still fuckin’ talking to you-!” 

 

“Sorry, buddy!” Millie said sweetly, “You’ve reached your daily bitchin’ limit for today.” 

 

Stolas clucked, covering his mouth to conceal his laughter. 

 

Give that motherfucker the phone back, if he’s so fuckin’ high and mighty, he can have his own fuckin’ phone call!” 

 

“Like you’re any better, dude.” 

 

Shut the fuck up.” 

 

HEY,  YOU’RE NOT GOING TO BADMOUTH MY EMPLOYEES ANY LONGER, BITCH-FUCK!” 

 

Millie pulled the phone away from her ear, cursing as Stolas looked at the conference room door, Blitz’s voice booming from both the phone and behind the closed door.

 

Blitz? Blitz, did you intercept my call?!” Stolas took the phone again, Millie rubbing her ear. 

See I told you.” Moxxie’s voice heard on Blitz’s end as well. 

Shut the fuck up Moxxie, it’s your fuckin’ fault we’re so late to the party!” 

Moxxie was heard struggling, Blitz now struggling too, presumably trying to fend the other imp off of him.

One…two…??” The voice seemed to be counting the people who were hijacking his threat, “ Is everyone on this block on the fucking call? ANYONE else want to reveal themselves?!” The voice was irritated, no one speaking for a good moment before Millie got up.

“I’ll go kick Blitz off the phone.” 

The other Imp gasped dramatically,

Fuck no, Mills! Who the fuck is this and why the fuck are you calling this number?!” 

I’m comin’ Moxxie!” Millie called to the others in the conference room, “You’ve got this, don’t you Stolas?” 

“Naturally.” Stolas tapped a finger on the table impatiently, “You may as well get to the point already, you’ve wasted enough time.” 

Yeah, what he said!” Blitz, who had been listening in, was enjoying this sassy side of him,

Keep talkin’ birdy, we don’t got all day.~” The imp teased. 

This was beginning to just turn into a call between Stolas and Blitz, the caller began to realize, 

What the fuck are you even doing on this call, you sex-freak?!” 

“Sex-freak? You’re the dickwad whose calling in like this is some… free sex-hotline! And don’t think we aren’t charging you each minute.” the other imps voices were now heard, Blitz heard struggling once again. 

Blitz. Please. That is not a good comparison….” As much as the Owl-demon wanted to enjoy the back and forth, he was more determined to finish this blasted conversation.

Or whatever you wanted to call this. 

But judging by the lack of authority the supposed stalker struggled to maintain, and Bliz’s lack of seriousness, Stolas ought not to take it too seriously either.

 

In fact, he was more frustrated with the fact his first call was wasted on this. 

 

 “ Anyway, Just get on with it already, why should I fear this nameless lurker who can’t even bother formulating a full sentence?” 

Blitz snickered, “ Yeah, keep talkin’ like that, I'll allow your fancy-talk just this once ‘cus I’m Feeling. Every. Word.” he was doing this as more of a way to freak out the unknown caller, but it wasn’t all a charade. Stolas was just thankful they weren’t in the same room, a small smile pricking his lips,

Blitz, enough.” He managed to squeak out, leveling his voice. 

The voice finally stopped with its stuttering, letting out another growl and huffing. 

You’re fucking disgusting. Both of you! Makes what we have planned for you even more enjoyable.” The voice finally responded.

We?” Stolas said, “ Alright then…?” 

Fuck, there’s more? If they’re anything like you, i’d be fuckin’ worried.” Blitz was equal parts amused and irritated, Stolas enjoying the back and forth. 

Or perhaps he should hand one of them the phone? Surely they’d make a much more interesting conversation…” 

The two began riding the same wavelength, enraging the other on the line, already reaching their tipping point and letting out an angered howl, startling both Blitz and Stolas, but amusing them even more. 

 

“Both of you, Shut the fuck up before I blow both of your heads off!” 



A pause followed, and instead of pleas for mercy, all that was let out were coos and goatish-moans.

 

Ohh, for free?!” 

“At the very least take me out to dinner first!” 

 

A blood-curdling roar followed, the line finally going dead as every side of the office was engulfed with maniacal laughter.  



.






.







.

 

Andrealphus blew the steam off of his morning coffee, the butler coming around with creams and sugars on a tray, placing them atop the glass outdoor table atop the Marquis’s terrace.

Similarly to The former prince’s estate, Andrealphus' personal Sigil adorned the walls as if the peacock-demon would forget his own identity, or if any passerby needed to be informed, they were in the presence of nobility. 

And although this Goetian estate was rid of anyone for miles, due to its icy climate and its icy inhibitor, an identifier or two wouldn’t hurt.

The Marquis’s mornings were usually like this, his very idea of serene and peaceful, hell's infernal sun still beginning to trace the skies with its faint hue beneath a blanket of polluted clouds. 

But the phone has been ringing for what seemed like an eternity, and it wasn’t a call for Andrealphus, but his dozing little sister, the demoted Marchioness of the Ars Goetia, Stella. 

Once Princess Stella, now cast back to her former Marquesdom, didn’t quite revel in this news. 

And with her head in a tizzy over the recent events, she had been residing in their childhood estate with him, figuring out where her head was held and her feet could stay afloat.

Like she deserved either…but, Andrealphus wasn’t one to judge.

Frankly, he believed this to be exactly what his mess of a sister deserved…

But she was making this increasingly intolerable in his own home. 

“Oh, word. Could somebody in this house with functioning ears wake her ladyship up so she can answer her calls?” 

One of the Imp servants present stepped forward, 

“Would you like her personal servant to answer it on her behalf?” 

Hmmyes, I'm sure our lady is advanced enough in age to answer her own calls accordingly! Or am I to hear the Marchioness is still asleep in her quarters due to over indulging last night?” 

The servant bowed, “Apologies, My lord. We shall allow the Marchioness to do so.” 

“More like it. Now someone makes sure the woman hasn’t drunk herself into some sort of coma.” 

Several of the Imps present scurried to heed his instructions, but their little legs weren’t sure to make it all the way across the palace fast enough to cease the monotonous ringing.

 

(And that sentence, in layman's terms, was simply: ANDRE. IS. IMPATIENT.)

 

He mumbled angrily, a white glow spread across his hands as he tore open a portal, his sister’s bedroom now seen through a window through time. She was entangled in her own sheets, sleeping… somewhat… soundly. 

With another sip of his coffee, he placed his mug down and cupped his beak.

 

GOOD MORNING TO YOU TOO, DEAR SISTER!”

 

Stella’s eyes shot open, letting out a yelp as she sat up.

 

Ugh! Andrealphus, how dare you!” She lifted the covers over her scantily clad nightgown, The other peacock-demon just shrugging innocently.

“Sorry, it’s just that I respect your privacy, and you’ve had calls all morning!” 

Stella tightened her gaze, an Imp servant finally coming around and holding her phone up to her. 

A c-call for you…My lady…” The Imp squeaked, noting her expression, trying not to stare at the portal defying rhyme or reason right within Stella’s private quarters.

“And who should like to call me this early in the morning?” 

W-well…Lady Octavia was not seen returning home late last evening, My lady…Perhaps we should-” 

“Anything worthwhile, please-?” Stella was settling back into bed, The Impish servant holding the phone up.

No! It is…it is much more urgent than even… that, My lady.” The servant got a bit closer, tightening their teeth and letting out a noise.

….

A Noise mimicking that of a rattlesnake. 

Andrealphus tilted his head, “...What’s that, then?”

Stella fell silent, eyes drooping as she fixed her urgency into the right place.

“Hm. Very well then.” 

She took the phone off the receiver, but before speaking, she side-eyed her brother.

“Do you mind? A bit of privacy may do me well.” 

Again, Andrealphus feigned innocence, looking at her with fake confusion. 

“Oh, but this must be good. Why else would this caller be ringing you with such persistence. We all are aware of your dwindling social standing due to-”

“- Ahem!” Stella rattled the phone, causing a grating ring that shut the Marquis up soon enough.

She gathered herself as much as she could, and put the phone to her ear. 

Speak.” She wasted no time, wiping strays of drool from her beak.

A voice with southern twang could be faintly heard, Andrealphus having his keen hearing to thank.

Stella glared, "I don't care if cold-calls like that aren't "your thing," I hired you for a job, and I expect you to do good on it." 

They continued to bicker, Andrealphus not having the foggiest idea on what exactly it was, but he was far too entertained to inject himself in the conversation. 

"Ah so you did hire someone else to carry it out for you, then I assume it went better than-...What?" 

And in mere seconds, her face morphed into its usual malice and hatred, as if whoever on the other end of that call just announced that the River Styx was polluting their water supply with the blood of topside sinners. 

She was grumbling, squawking incoherent jabber as the caller tried deescalating the already mess of a phone call, The Marquis amused and sipping his coffee, his sister much more delightful than any morning program. 

 

But the one thing he was able to make out within his sisters incomprehensible shouts was quite a curious one, indeed.





All that being…





“This should be the easy part, Menacing him into submission shouldn’t been the easiest instruction, yet you couldn’t even succeed at that ?” 



.






.






.

 

Notes:

THE GAMES BEING SET, FOLKS! LMK WHAT U THINK!

Chapter 13: The Marquis's Estate.

Summary:

Back with the girls, they make their way back to Andrealphus' home, In which...

 

things are getting a bit SILLY?

Notes:

I went on vacationnn, but i have this little read to share!
Sorry to keep you waiting~

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

 

.






.






.

 

 Morning melted into the early afternoon, The company Van rattling down the highway in record speed as Octavia and Loona resumed their rampage from the night before. The music was blaring and the windows were rolled down, their feathers and fur whipping around them as they belted the lyrics. Via bought them both coffee’s with a non-specific credit card , and IMP city began to look smaller and smaller as they drove towards Her uncle’s estate.

“Seriously, thanks for last night! You really saved me.” Octavia screamed over the music, Loona adjusting her sunglasses. 

“Dude, don’t worry! I heard you the first time!” She leaned over and punched her shoulder lightly, Octavia laughing and punching her back.

“Damn! You want me to drive off this road?” 

“Satan, no!”  

Loona mimicked a tire screech, Octavia pretending to die, throwing herself into the dashboard like she was about to fly through the windshield. 

They were hopped up on caffeine from their drinks and the prospect of being out again, but Via was more set on making the most of the time they still had together. 

She had to admit, seeing her father was refreshing, being held by him was something she didn’t know she needed.

She recalled the dark circles beneath his eyes, the way his pupils were visible the moment he saw her, His gentle whispering and the way he held her. 

She felt little again when he held her, when things seemed softer…

Yet she was still debating whether or not staying silent about the article was a good idea.

Hello? You in there?” Loona said, Via blinking as she took another sip of her coffee.

“Yep, I'm all here.” 

“I was going to ask you, since your dad’s not a prince anymore…What does that make you?”

Octavia blew a raspberry, “I mean, I don’t know? They still refer to me as a Princess.” she took another sip between sentences, “But as far as I know, i’m not sure what my dad is to the Goetia family. But…” 

She tried remembering the royal history lessons her Governess tried to teach her way back when, it must’ve been reiterated by her Father at some point…

Loona whistled, “So you’re even more powerful than your own mom and Uncle then?” 

“Doesn’t matter my status, they never listen to me otherwise. Besides, my mother was a Princess Consort, which is like a formal title to someone married to a sovereign Prince…which was…my Da’.” she covered her mouth, hating how much her accent started to jump out the minute she started giving a full History lesson. Loona, however, appeared interested. 

“Huh. I never really realized all the bullshit royals actually have to put up with. Titles, and the public-image, and all that.” Loona used one hand to steer, putting the other one to lean on the car-window.

“Do they, like, make you balance books on your head?” 

“What? Balance books… Like for posture? Hell no.” Via laughed.

“I dunno?! All the princesses do it in movies and shit.” Loona no longer feeling stupid as Octavia laughed good naturedly. 

“C’mon, if I had to do that, wouldn’t you think I’d be talking to woodland creatures by now?” 

“Now I understand why you don’t have any friends.” Loona covered her mouth, Via giving her the side-eye.

“You’re one to talk.” 

“Want to walk the rest of the way home?” 

“Ew. Don’t call my Uncle’s place home.”

“Then are you saying Blitz’s apartment is home now…?”

This made the two fall silent, the topic alarming the owl-demon and startling the one who asked it. 

It was a pretty… good question. 

“I…I actually don’t know…”

“Fuck, sorry. Bad question.” Loona spoke quickly, Via turning red.

‘Dude, no, it’s cool, it’s cool.” Via spoke even quicker than her, “ Don’t feel bad or something, I just…I really don’t know?” 

Loona tightened her hand around the steering wheel, because she knew exactly what it was like.

How it felt to not feel like anywhere was a home. 

Octavia was already silent again, looking out the window as she blew some feathers out of her eyes.

The hellhound cursed silently, realizing how chummy the two of them were getting, mentally noting to tone it down now. 

Lest she end up making a mess of this before it even fully started. 

Octavia turned back around, scratching her arm and looking back at Loona. 

“Seriously.” 

Loona glanced at her, checking. “I know.” 

They shared another uncomfortable laugh, and the air seemed to lose its pressure. 

“Just tense from…ya know.” Loona reiterated, “Your dad was… off about me picking you up last night, like, there was no denying no matter how much he was smiling .” 

“Well, he’s not the type to get angry.” Via started, “Least not to me or you, he could if he wanted to though, but he’s probably just being extra cautious.”

“Because of your mom?” 

“Yup.” She stretched the word out, a grimace making her expression at the very mention of her mother. 

“But what does it matter, anyway? We have our cover, and my mom hasn’t issued a search warrant under my name.” 

“Yeah, right. Don’t even know why Blitz and your dad were buggin’ over it anyway.” 

“My mom is fuckin’ crazy. She’d have his head if she knew I was there before our allotted time together.” 

“I’m sure.” Loona pointed down the road, “Turn here?” 

“Yeah,” Via nodded, realizing their time was coming to an end. “Uncle Andrealphus’ house is away from…well, everything.” 

“I’ll say. He a social recluse?” 

“No. Quite the opposite, actually.” 

“Even worse.” 

Loona made the turn, and the long, wide, road approaching The Marquis’s estate, rolling up to the big, extravagant gate where a Hellhound Guard was stationed, stopping the van with a hand.

That’s Crash, He usually watches the gate.” Via mentioned as they pulled to a stop, Loona looking him up and down and looking at her eye makeup quickly in the rearview mirror. 

Good to know.” Loona looked at her, Via covering her mouth and looking away as Crash walked up to her window, leaning down to inspect them.

“State your pur- Oh. Hello, Lady Octavia.” The male Hellhounds once cold facade dropped, ears losing their alertness. He then looked at Loona, 

“And you have a friend.” 

“Just coming back in,” Octavia said quickly, Loona nodding. 

“Has my mother been asking for me?” 

Crash looked taken with Loona, who just looked away and at her phone, averted her gaze. 

“Uh…Not at all? She’s been wrapped up in a call with-” 

“-Good, I don't care. open the gate please,” Via elbowed Loona to attention, making her drop her phone. 

Via-!” She whisper-screamed, catching Crash’s attention.

“Everything Okay?”

Fine.” Loona said quickly, leaning down in her seat to grab her phone from the floor, Octavia apologizing silently. 

Crash was leaning into the Van, eyes darting to Loona’s exposed midriff before looking back at the Owl-demon,

“But should I tell her you’ve arrived?” 

“Are you an idiot? No.” Loona got up, “Rollin’ up the window now,”

Octavia looked at Loona with awe, surprised at how she could speak so assertively to another hound she’d never met. This also left Crash stuttering, looking back at her with matching awe. 

“Wait-!”

“Act as if I was here all night!” Octavia waved at him, “Gate!” 

“C-Can I get your friend's name at least?!” 

Loona rolled her eyes, Crash smirking wickedly as he opened the gate, practically burning rubber to get through it. 

Asshole.” Loona finally muttered, Octavia barely able to contain her laughter. 

“What even was that?! Satan… but it is understandable, Crash doesn’t receive a lot of attention from Female hellhounds-” 

“Vi, shut up or I will punch you.” Loona didn’t usually give warnings, Octavia coughing.

Right. Right but he seemed to like you,” Via finally smiling, “Crash has been working here for a while, and I’ve never seen him so…tongue tied?” 

Loona scoffed, but there was some pride there, “I’m flipping him off.” 

“Don’t you dare.” Octavia warned, Loona shushing her as they got to the house finally. 

As the car made its stop, they sat for a moment, similarly to how they did the night before entering the apartment together for the first time. 

“It’s been real, kid.” Loona grabbed Octavia’s bag from the back, handing it to her. 

“Yeah.” Octavia took it, slinging it over her shoulder and taking off her seatbelt, looking at her once more. 

Loona removed her sunglasses as they stared for a short moment.

“Couple more days, then you're stuck with me again. I’ll even pick you up if you want?” Loona reassured, and the melancholy swelled, Via nodding.

“Great. See you later.” 

Loona smiled, watching as she got out of the car, an imp Servant running out and already grabbing her bag for her, Via looking back at her and waving once more as Loona started the car up again.

 

And Via watched the van pull away, a hand on her heart squeezing. 

 

.




.





.



As she entered the foyer, Her uncle was sitting on a chaise lounge, The servant holding her bag announcing her presence like she was the goddamn Queen of England. 

A portrait of himself was being hung behind him, in almost the exact same pose, in the exact same spot, It was almost comical…

Andrealphus smiled upon seeing her, clapping. 

“Ah! Tavi! My darling niece.” He got up, handing an imp servant nearby his newspaper, Octavia winced.

“Come here, darling, so that I may hear of your youthful endeavors!” He put his arms around her, not minding how stiff she was in her hold… or perhaps he did not even notice.

“Uncle, please don’t call me that.” She said firmly, Andrealphus scoffing. 

“But isn’t it cute? ‘Tavi, dear , you must tell me about your evening. I never took you to having many girlfriends, but you seem to be chipper so…do tell!” He took her by the arm, sitting her down on an armchair near his own seat. He snapped his fingers and a servant brought her tea, which she declined quickly as she looked back at her Uncle, who pouted as he took her tea instead. 

“Uh…Where’s-”

“Your mother?” Andrealphus looked bored at the very mention of her, “Drab, drab, drab, phone calls all morning! Wasn’t even worth the eavesdrop.” 

“You were spying on her? Why don’t you… go back to doing that, Uncle? Less attention for me…”  

“But don’t you want to know what it was that was so drab about it?” 

“Not when you describe it like that.” 

Andrealphus cooed, “You’re delightful, ‘Tavi. Glad you got your father’s charming wit.” 

Octavia froze, looking in the direction of something beyond them and making a face of confusion. 

“Anywho, perhaps I should send you on your way to see your Mother yourself. Maybe you shall remedy her… beastly constitution.” 

Octavia opened her beak, but Andrealphus made a gesture with his hand, a portal ripping open, showing her mothers quarters in real time, her mother on the balcony, waving her arms about with a phone fisted in her hand.

She looked to her uncle with pleading eyes, 

“Run along. Do learn all the little details.” 

“But I thought you-”

“And you care to know what I said?” 

She slumped, Andrealphus going back to his paper, as he closed the portal behind her.  

It appeared Andrealphus was trying to deceive her… he wanted to know what Stella was talking about all along. She didn’t think too much about it, because this very phone call could be the reason she wasn’t in the hot seat with her mother in the first place.

Speaking of, Her mother was still oblivious, even as she pushed open the door, screaming about money…or…something.

“Hey, mom.” Via said, Stella seeing her in the corner of her eye.

She was about to let out another scream, but at the sight of her daughter, she almost dropped the phone.

“...Octavia.” She said, the inflection she used to say her name did not match the look on her face. 

Via gulped, her mother moving towards her. 

She braced herself, squaring her shoulders as Stella stopped before her. 

The seconds felt like years, her mother finally speaking. 

“...Don’t you have school, or something to busy yourself with?”

Via blinked, stepping back, “Uh.. yes? Yes, yes I do.” 

Stella nodded, “Run along then, sweetheart.” 

Sweetheart, she said. Not sounding right with her tone, as she put the phone back to her ear.

 

“What? No, Striker, I’m still here.” She shooed Octavia away with a hand, “It was just my daughter, she came to check in on me, because you have me bumbling around like some…d-drunken idiot!” 

Octavia was intrigued, and also amused by the irony of that last statement. Perhaps Uncle Andrealphus was right along, she lingered for a while longer before slipping back into her mothers quarters, leaving the balcony door open just enough for her to hide behind the drapery and listen in, her mother not telling a difference if she was here or there.

Now, all that was left was to wait. 



Who was Striker?

.






.







.

Notes:

I KNOWW there wasn't much content in this, but we needed a lil sisterly love b4 we get to...

 

...Who tf is striker anyway?

 

LOL STELLA CHAPTER NEXT IDK MAN IDKK....

Chapter 14: A Swan And an Imp Walk into a Bar...

Summary:

How'd all this shit really start?

Notes:

Honestly, hate to admit...!

But I had a GOOD time writing this one.

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

.






.







.






Well. He was fucked. 

He was hired to put a bullet into someone's head all the damn time. It was easy work, for easy cash. 

He was hired all the time, because he was good at that.

However,

He wasn’t good at “Ghost-face” style calls before doing the job, because assassinations don’t require a back-and-forth. 

All it should’ve taken, was his blessing-tipped rifle, a window, and That ditzy, blue-blooded fucker in range. 

And he would have this crazy fucking swan off his back. 

 

But no.

 

Now HE seemed bad at his fucking job, because this particular fucker has got some luck on his side. 

Luck in the form of 3 red little thorns now tearing the flesh from his side. 

If this was any other client, he would’ve dropped it and told them to kick rocks. 

That it wasn’t a skill issue, but purely because they weren’t worth the time of day.

 

But NO. 

It had to be a royal. 

A royal pain. 

 

The Now Marchioness of the Ars Goetia, one of the lesser keys little Sisters. 

 

Trying to put a hit out on her own husband.

 

And it wasn’t like the negotiation and consultation were smooth sailing either…

 

 

Stella fixed the capelet over her shoulders, her personal servant looking out the window as the car made a complete stop.

 

“Uh…Your highness, we’ve arrived.” She looked back at their supposed destination, seeming to be the exact address of the small slip of paper her mistress handed the driver. 

 

But why would her royal Highness want to go to a seedy bar on the outskirts of Wrath?

 

“Are you sure this is-” 

“It has to be. Come along now,” Stella pulled the hood over her feathers, her servant squeaking as she got out of her seat to help Stella out of hers. 

She took her hand gently, noting her outfit, Stella in a much more casual black cocktail dress revealing her stockinged legs, her hood covering most of her discernible features…for she didn’t have the magical understanding to conjure herself a disguise. 

Despite her mistress's displeasing attitude, she feared for her, looking from her and then the  concrete jungle she was about to thrust herself into. 

“Perhaps we should call a hellhound to escort you, Your Highness?” 

“Oh, please. I’m more than capable of doing this on my own.” 

“B-but if someone were to find you here…in such an outfit no less…”

Are you finished?” Stella looked at her, scanning the servant's face before sighing.

“Worry not. Wait for me here.” 

She walked with confidence, clutching her purse as she made her way to the bar, some demons whistling as she walked past.

 

Nice view!” 

 

Give us a smile, love?” 

 

She sneered, pushing past the doors and into the… den of duplicity. 

 

The Swan scanned the bar, seeing an empty spot and perched herself atop the barstool, crossing her legs and adjusting her skirt in a particularly captivating way that caught the attention of anyone in her vicinity. 

She looked from eye to eye, the sinners and hellborn alike gravitated towards this hooded stranger seemingly looking to own the place the minute she leaned into the bartop, gaining the tender’s attention. 

“What could I getcha’...?” The tender’s eyes were darting in places Stella wasn’t too pleased with, but she paid no mind, 

“Just a query, yet I'm certain you’ll have an answer for me.” She played the part, batting her eyes and swishing some of her feathers over her shoulder, the Bartender nodding vigorously.

“Oh, anything madam! I’m at your service!” 

She smiled, “You see…I am not from these parts…I don’t get off the Ring much….” She pointed upwards, the Bartender following along. 

 

“But…I know a lot about a certain someone… who could clean up a little mess for me?” 

It went a bit quiet, the Bartender looking at the other drunks before nodding in the direction of a back-door. 

 

“Well, you’re in luck, madam. He happens to be in right now.” 

Stella’s next smile came much more genuine, spinning around in her chair and holding out her hand.

“Then I hope you can take me to him…for a small chat?”  

“O-of course!” He was already running around the bar, taking her hand and helping her out of the stool, even making sure her heels weren’t hooked to the stool so she wouldn’t topple over, despite not having a single drink. 

 

Because everyone in that bar expected only a drunken sailor to ask for him. 

 

To bat against him. 

 

 

They met that night. 

 

A place in the back, with a pool-table and his favorite liquor.



He was fixing to stay in for only a short while before heading out. 

 

But the Bartender came knocking right before he finished his glass. 

 

He opened the door, and there the tender was standing, with a hooded woman 2 times his size. 

 

She looked at him curiously, before crossing her arms and tapping the lock on her purse. 

 

He remembered the first time looking into those eyes, and usually the eyes of a stranger didn’t tempt him. 

She seemed to get it too. 

 

“Got a lady here lookin’ for ya! Thought you’d have the…the time to chat.”

 

He looked from the bartender, to the lady, who was already walking in and inspecting the room, hands folded over her purse now.

 

And it looked heavy too. 

 

“...’kay. Beat it, go clean up some bar peanuts, or somethin’.” 

 

The tender was gone in a puff of dust, and the woman was standing in the middle of the room. 

 

“You lookin’ to keep this discreet, I reckon?” He closed the door slowly, looking back at her. 

“Hardly, I’m standing before you, aren’t I?” She opened her purse, “I’m only meant to do this quickly, I need this done as soon as you can.” 

With a gloved hand, she handed him a picture. 

He kept his arms folded, but she still stepped forward, practically crushing the photo into his palm once he saw no other option.

 

“And whose ‘this supposed to be?” He turned it over, and he became as silent as she was. 



It was a photo of a Mighty, Prince Of Hell.

 

A member of the Ars Goetia, one of hell's supreme families harboring one of Lucifer's most loyal kings. 

Being one of the King-in-questions Sons. 

 

Prince Stolas of the Ars Goetia…

 

And damn…

 

Had to be a picture of him with his kid no less? 

 

“I need. Him. gone.” She said simply, venom dripping from her words.

This was usually how clients would appear before him when they wanted something done. 

 

But frankly, this woman probably had enough rage to kill him herself…

 

“Heh. No dice... yet .” he smirked, watching her face, “What else you got in that bag?”

 

The lady huffed, “Depends. What have you got in store for this…” She gestured to the photo, finding the words to describe him. “ Traitorous embarrassment?” 

 

He was skeptical, walking towards her, but she didn’t seem intimidated. 

Usually do the ole’...Blow to the brains.” He shrugged, mimicking a gun in his hands and pointing it towards her. 

She took offense to this, 

“Back-” She warned, But he didn’t listen. 

“Or are you looking for a Tarantino flick for this guy? ‘Cause that’s not my gig-” 

 

BAM! 

 

He barely even noticed her getting a pool cue from off the table, slamming it between the two of them and causing him to instinctively withdraw backwards.

He growled, reaching for his belt.

You bi-” 

“-Ahem.” She jerked her hand to the latter side of the pool table, his pistol sitting idly near a now melted cup of brandy. 

He groaned, his tail feeling his blade tucked into his boot. 

Doesn’t mean I can’t cut you, lady. What gives?” 

I could feel your breath on me!” She said as if it were reasonable, “And I could smell the cheap alcohol you were wetting your tongue with no less…Sir.” She stated, placing the cue back on the table and even leaning backwards onto it. 

The moment she met him, she held herself to a much higher standard, despite ordering someone dead like a…

 

“But I’ve come here because I’ve been told…that you are the best for this particular job,” 

  She put a hand to her purse, “I’ll pay you accordingly, if you make this man nothing more than a distant memory… Or are you not the best after all?” 

Striker glared, “I see my reputation precedes me, but damn lady, what’s with the attitude?” 

“I’m merely returning yours, Sir.” Her patience was wearing thin, and that made two of them. 

“But do your ears not work, or is the customer always right? I said I'd pay you, and all you have to do…Is get. Rid. of. Him.” 

She seemed to already be ordering him around despite nothing truly starting, and he was annoyed already. 

“...Well I only take cash up front, He crossed his arms, trying to call her bluff, “You better have the green to fork over for-” 

“Payments are not an issue, I’ll provide weapons and any other funds.”

He raised an eyebrow, wondering if she really did her homework.

“Gonna take some heavy-duty gun power to knock down a fella like this.” He shrugged, “That being a…” 

She nodded, “ A blessing-tipped rifle? Or perhaps a pistol will suit you better?” 

Hm. 

She had it all figured out, huh?

He was partly impressed, waiting a couple of seconds to see if she was going to crack. Maybe burst out laughing? Realize this was becoming real and back out? 

“...Oh. You serious, lady? You gonna trust me with that?” 

 “Just as long as your success is insured.”

He was about to speak again, but she grumbled, “Are you going to keep being skeptical, or are you going to take me up on my offer? Is this how negotiations usually work with you?”

 

 She finally showed the cash, her bag consisting mainly of it. It was all in organized, green stacks, Old Mammons face smiling back at him. Calling to him. 

 

“Well I’ll be-” 

 

 “-But don’t think i’ll be giving someone like you any sort of money right now?” She spoke as if he was crazy, but she was the real crazy one in this situation. 

 

“What? Needa see what I can do first?” 

 

She laughed, a snobbish, guttural laugh that fit her form. It made him feel small, a growl coming from the back of his throat. 

 

Satan, why was he tolerating this bitch in the first place? 

 

That’s it.” 

 

Without a warning, his blade was wrapped in his tail, throwing it past her head and nicking her capelet in the process, striking the wall behind her. It was enough air to make the hood slip from her head, revealing her face and show the sneer she permanently wore, magenta eyes casting a shine that silenced his momentary pride. 

He faltered, realizing who this stranger was, “...You…?” 



She glanced at the wall, then rolled her eyes, pulling a switchblade seemingly out of nowhere, 

 

“Hmph. If you’re going to kill my husband, you’ll need to work on your aim first.” 

 

She threw her blade without much of a second thought, knocking his own out of the wall and flat onto the floor with a heavy noise. 

 

He looked from the blades, then back at her face. She glared at him, then straightened out her skirt and ran a hand through her feathers, adjusting her capelet,

as she put her hood back on.

 

“Once I see the life dwindle from his eyes, you will earn a payment worth as much as your work.” 

 

The sneer she had soon melted as she walked to the door, turning her head once more to give him one last glance. 

 

“Alright then.” He hummed, a melting-pot of conflicting emotions and the sight of green still in his vision. 

“Pleasure to be…workin’ with ya…?” He tilted his hand, making her grimace and roll her eyes,

 

“Ugh, Madam, or Miss will suffice.” She pulled open the door, her heels clicking against the asphalt. 

 

Let’s hope this is worthwhile.” 

 



It’s been too many phone calls. 

 

Too many stakeouts.

 

Too many run-ins. 

 

He’s gotten so close, yet so far. 

 

And this motherfucker’s picture has practically found a new permanent home in his back pocket.

 

Right next to Stella Goetia’s number, scribbled on a napkin. 

Still somehow smelling of the Swan’s perfume. 

It was somehow sticking to him in the worst way.

 

Everyday, she’d squawk his name incessantly. 



Over the phone, 

 

Across the table from him behind a menu at a dormant diner,

 

Even in her very own home, now no longer hers on account of her recent divorce. 

 

To a man that should’ve been shot beneath the light of the Harvest Moon. 






Still, warranted or not. 

 

She was constantly mocking his work, mocking his character. 

Pushed every single one of his buttons to a point he thought about taking that Blessed rifle between her eyes. 

 

Even sometimes making him believe her.

 

But oh…

 

Oh…



Oh, she was wrong. 

 

Why?

 

Because, 

 

He was Striker.

 

And He? 

 

He was gonna beat this fucker down and shut her yappy beak if it was the last thing he’d ever do.

 

.




.




.



STRIKER, FOR THE LOVE OF FUCK, IF I DON’T SEE HIS BRAIN MATTER. ALL OVER THE PAVEMENT. I SWEAR-” Stella screeched into the phone, Striker not even bothering to flinch away, he was much too used to it. 

 

“I told you, m’am! I’m gonna go up there tonight.” Striker said like it was all no big deal, little did she know the expression he had on his face. She stamped her foot, 

 

“ARE YOU FUCKING WITH ME RIGHT NOW?” 

 

Striker looked at his pistol on the nightstand, grabbing it and checking the barrel.

 

“Least not now, m’lady.” 

 

Let’s just say…Stella didn’t take too kindly to Striker’s jokes, groaning. 

 

SATAN, Just get this fucking DONE! I’m getting tired of your…your…!”

 

“My what…?” 

 

She reached for a word but just sighed, “ No word can even begin to-” 

Striker chuckled, “ Aw, you out of steam?” 

“A-ARE YOU?! SATAN, I’M ALREADY HUNGOVER ENOUGH…AND YOU ARE JUST ADDING TO MY HEADACHES!” 

Now he reeled back, her screech almost as shrill as a fucking teapot, Striker about to officially lose his patience. 

 

Look, I did what you asked, didn’t I? Called him? Aren’t you gonna give me some grace for that?”

 

He could almost see her glare, matching it with more teeth. 

 

“You didn’t call anyone! You hired some amateurs, that ended up making him LAUGH instead of making him…PEE HIMSELF LIKE THE FUCKING BABY HE IS!” 

 

Yeah? He’s the baby? Striker mused, grabbing the bottle from the nightstand and taking a swig, 

Wanting to follow her down the drunken-river.

“Well? This shit’s goin’ down, and then we can finally finish this. And remind me not to take jobs from upper-ring Elites like you again.” 

 

He expected to be greeted with another scream, or insult, but instead, this seemed to finally pin the old Swan down, only jagged breath being emitted from the other side. 

 

Hm. Our work will be concluded soon enough then?” 

Yeah. Finally.” 

Stella fidgeted with the phone-chord, “...We’ll be rid of him? Tonight?” 

Striker didn’t like repeating himself, “ What I said, didn’t I?”

“Really? Like the last times you said you’ve done it, will tonight be any different?”  

“Ought to, Found out where the fucks live, so he should be there tonight.” 

 



Now, they both shared jagged breaths, Striker looking at the rifle and turning it in his hand. 

 

...Hey, m’lady?” 

 

Stella didn’t like whatever was going on in her chest, pressing a hand to it and wincing.

 

...What?” 

 



“You gonna let me keep the rifle?” 



.





.




.

 

Notes:

MWAHAHAHAH we'll be back to our regularly scheduled Blitz and the gang action shortly!

Just needed to delve a BIIIT deeper into Stella (and by extension, Striker's) Little engagement to REALLY set the mood.
They got somethin' WEIRD goin' on...

 

LEMME KNOW WHAT U THINK, MY SWEETIES!!!

Chapter 15: The Word Lurid (In 2 Awful Parts.)

Notes:

heeeeeyyy

Classes hit me so fuckin' HARD this week, but I HAVE A GREAAAT 2-PART-CHAPTER !

THE NEXT PART WILL BE UPLOADED LATER! ENJOY THIS QUICK READ<3

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

 

.





.




.



The screaming became incoherent once again, Octavia feeling her accelerated heartbeat piped down once her shock subsided. 

She was able to pick up the pieces of the conversation she seemed to need. 

 

 

Fuck, her mother really was a psychopath, huh? 

 

…And she had somethin’ weird going on with that hit-man.



She stepped away from the door, shock dissolving into fear and warranted disgust. 

Octavia was aware of the disdain her mother held for her father, but she didn’t think it could go so far?

Stella really wasn’t afraid of hurting him, let alone… killing him.

“Fuck… fuck you.” She whispered to no one, The article floating back into her sights as she pushed herself off the wall, ultimately causing the drapery to shift.

Stella's voice ceased as she turned around quickly, and time seemed to freeze. 

 

The eye-contact the two made could chill the air.

 

And truthfully…Octavia had never seen her mother so…shell-shocked. 

 

Her mother reached for the door handle, and Octavia cursed and almost tripped over her own feet as she ran to the bedroom door and back into the hallway, dashing to her own private rooms, her heartbeat drowning out even her own footfalls. 

 

Fuck, FUCK! 

 

“Lady Octavia?” A servant saw her running, and regarded her worriedly, following her down the hallway.

“Is something the matter?” 

She kept running, “Nothing…! Just…just leave me alone!” she didn’t mean for it to come out so strained, but her emotions were failing her, tears springing into her eyes at the very thought of her father…

 

No.

It wouldn’t work. 

 

She finally got into her room, slamming the door closed and pressing her back to the hardwood. Her wild panting brought forth a trail of broken cries that conflicted with the burning rage for the woman she was stuck with. 

Her father’s face flashed in her mind, a memory of him smiling. 

Then another of him sleeping… but not the type you wake up from. 

A vision that wasn’t even real somehow got to her, cursing at herself as she tried to gain her footing. 

“Get a hold of yourself,” She said to herself, “ It’s going to be okay!” 

But the anxiety grew sharper, her mother somehow still being heard in her ears. And the more she breathed…the more it seemed like she was losing air.

Why would she even be speaking with him now?

Oh Satan…

Was it…?

 

 

Fuck. 

 

The sob broke out of her, and she grabbed her bag, pulling out her phone and trying to stop the shaking of her hands. 

Where to even start? 

 

Fuck. 

 

She needs to call him. 

What in hell would she even say?! 

“Oh! Hey, dad. Mom’s planning on getting someone to come down there and shoot you dead! Yeah, regular evening plans!”

 

Nothing he couldn’t handle, right?

Ugh, her stupid, fragile, father.

He could best a gun, right? She thought, remembering a documentary she had watched in classes on divine weapons. 

 

Blessed weapons may’ve been illegal, but hitmans were illegal too. 

And whoever her mother hired…

 

Octavia felt sick to say the least. 

 

She thought quickly as her finger hovered over his icon to call him. 

His picture was smiling at her, but her fear only grew. 

 

Instead, she went to her recents. 

 

“She’ll know what to do…” Octavia whispered as a means to calm herself, “ Ugh, she’s probably so tired of me calling for help.” 

Her anxiety was speaking for her, burning in her throat and causing more tears to blur her vision. 

 

But It did go without saying. 

 

Octavia wouldn’t stand for this. She couldn’t. 

 

Her mother may think he is deserving of the cruelty he is having to endure, sometimes even she would think so too. 

 

but above all else…

 

She was going to protect him. 





 

OUTGOING MESSAGE TO: Loona

 

You: hey i kn this is sudden an u literly jsut left but i 

 

“Fuck-” Via dropped the phone, a knock on her door startling her. 

Her mothers half-horrified face when she looked at her through that terrace door began beating the wits out of Octavia, covering her mouth just in case her wild breaths could be heard through the door.

 

You know something that remained to be hidden until now.

 

Well…Sorta.

 

But now you know, and she can…

 

 

She squeezed her eyes shut, swallowing whatever scream she wanted to emit to rid this horrified feeling.

 

“...Yes?” She didn’t get up, only waiting. 

 

His Lordship wishes to know if you’re well!” 

 

Ugh.

Holy fucking shit. 

 

For once, she was happy to hear from her Uncle. 

 

Via picked up the phone, wiping the stray tears and clearing her throat. 

Because nothing good could come from Andrealphus’ questions, her relief was already gone. 

 

For what? …To gossip?” 

 

The servant didn’t say anything else, Octavia rolling her eyes and going back to her phone. 

She typed quickly, not bothering to correct the spelling mistakes, and breathed deep. 

 

Tonight. 

 

It could happen tonight.

 

Fuck.

 




Unknown to her, the servant walked back to the foyer where Andrealphus still sat. 

He looked to the servant with glee, 

 

“Well?” 

 

The servant rubbed their hands together worriedly, “She’s rather shaken, m’Lord.” 

 

Andrealphus leaned his head on his hand, “Hmm? And where is the young Miss? Hiding away? Gaining composure? Ooh, if there's a need for that, then it must be a most lurid development even I couldn’t contemplate…” 

 

Now, the servant looked at him as if he was crazy, “Well, Lady Octavia is in her final bloom of adolescence…not to mention the separation of her parents…I don’t doubt it’s a fragile time for her.” 

 

Andrealphus stuck his tongue out,

 “Oh bore me into the ground! My Da’ left my mother for 5 other whores when I was half the age she is now, and you don’t see me squawking in agony! Ugh…do you take my niece for some… soft-handed debutante?” 

“Oh, No, Y-your Lordship!” The Servant apologized, “But if you’ll forgive me…” 

Andrealphus waited, “...Hm. No, I don’t think I will! ‘Tavi has her wits about her, this must be something good.” 

He leaned into the chair, calculating.

 

If you wanted the truth of the situation? Please, don’t bother asking Andrealphus.

He’d play the bystander, seemingly just watching idly by as these happenings just played out before his eyes. No intervening ! Just coincidentally being there, no tampering! 

Or so it seemed.



But Andrealphus was willing to admit that it was most certainly thrilling to sit back and watch it all unfold. 

 

It didn’t matter much to the Marquis that this scandal was being carried out in his own home. That the turmoil being expelled was casting his Niece to ruins. 

That his own Sister wished to see everything burn. 

 

Why should he care?

 

He wished for the very thing too. 

 

…So why not give the narrative a bit of a push?

 

The Servant shifted from foot to foot, wondering why Andrealphus hadn’t talked in a moment. 

 

“What shall I do then, M’lord?” 

 

His master’s eyes twinkled, the familiar twinkle chilling the poor Imp to the bone. 

 

“...Leave her be, I’ll see to the Marchioness .” Then, leaned further into his seat as if he was ready for a relaxing day. 

 

“And turn off the internet, if you will.” 

 

The servant stopped in their tracks, looking to the Marquis worriedly. 

 

But the face stayed smiling, nodding towards the staircase. 

 

“... If, if that’s what you wish, My Lord.” 

 

“Do get on it.” Andrealphus chirped, and he smiled to himself, almost at peace with the screams and cries coming from either side of his home.

 

It was almost like music, a sweet melody that brought joy to the Marquis’s artery…





.




.





.



Notes:

I simply adore writing villains, can't you tell?

Yeeeahh, I know we haven't checked in with the actual protags in a moment, but i NEEDED to give some more layers.

Lmk what you think! see you all in a bit <3

Chapter 16: Catching Up.

Summary:

The shortest chapter to ever exist!

Notes:

Heeeey...

My final exams are upon me, so i've been busy.

Didn't have time to do much, but I wanted to give a little something so you wouldn't think i died lol.

How've you all been?

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text




.




.





.






“What in Hell do you think that was about?” Millie laughed, Blitz still laughing as Stolas entered the room, his smiling twisting as his pupils flickered in his eyes, appearing and disappearing like radio static. 

“Heh…It may’ve been something to do with that article perhaps..?” He theorized, looking a bit shaken despite the smile. 

Oh, but we most certainly silenced them… Ahh! I can’t believe that just happened!” Stolas was laughing again, Blitz running over to him and holding out a fist.

He had an idea of Stolas’ bantering capabilities, but this was off the chart! 

Pound it!” He jumped up, Stolas looking at him with surprise as he returned the fistbump with glee, catching the Imp in his arm, twirling him around as if they were the only ones in the room.

Blitz almost let him finish, but he was already trying to be pried out of his hold.

Moxxie’s laughter already concluded, now being replaced with a sense of…dread. 

 

And it was not because of his…well. You know ol’ Moxxie. 

 

 “Maybe? Seems like you’re always getting hits out on you, Stolas.” 

Blitz was still in the air, “ Ugh… I wonder why…?! Lemme go! ” 

Millie was still laughing a bit and trying to gain her composure, and Stolas was still cuddling Blitz close like a teddy bear, who was still fighting against him before going limp. 

Quite odd behavior for moments after getting threatened. 

Blitz took all of that into account, it all started to piece together in his mind, no matter if it were right or wrong…which was usually how Blitz’ stream of understanding worked. 

If all of that was true, that it was in connection with the article, then this would’ve been the perfect revenge, right?

Whoever had written it was now planning Stolas’ demise… And they couldn’t even do that right? 

Blitz was laughing again, Stolas grinning and spinning around.

“We gave them quite a fright, my dear!” 

“Yeahh, No one messes with us!”  

Millie jumped up onto Stolas’ back, “We’re fuckin’ LEGIT!” 

Moxxie watched from the conference table, rolling his eyes as Stolas swung both of them around.

However, he was still eyeing the phone woefully…almost catching Moxxie’s eyes as he was doing the exact same thing. 

The Imp was twiddling his thumbs, None of the attempts on Stolas’ from Loo Loo land were premeditated, they were all simply…organically made because Stolas showed his face in the light of day, and that was only from one example. 

 

And things like this don’t just…fall out of the sky, do they?

 

Who would be so persistent to murder him?

 

“Well, I haven't forgotten all the attempts that were made on you at Loo Loo Land, but haven’t you…? Declined? In value? Now that you’re no longer a prince?” Moxxie tried to make it sound as nice as possible, as Stolas put the two down, 

“Doesn’t mean I'm… all  valueless.” Stolas corrected, Blitz going over there and glaring.

“The fuck you callin’ valueless?” 

“No one, sir! I’m just trying to wrap my head around what we just heard.” Moxxie put his hands up.

Stolas seemed to look around, his face reading something much more solemn in contrast to his cheer from moments ago. 

He seemed to be thinking the same thing Moxxie was.

“...I may as well go back to my work.” He dusted himself off, Blitz nodding and putting a finger to his collar and pulling. 

“Right, Stols’! Enjoy your victory lap!” 

Stolas patted him on the head, but clasped his hands together nervously as Moxxie watched him walk out the door, closing it with his magic as the other Imps collected themselves. 

Moxxie looked from the door, then to Blitz, who was already getting back to the bull-fuckery from before. 

"...Sir, May I be frank?"

Blitz smiled, "Sure, Hi Frank! The names Blitz." 

Millie snorted, Moxxie putting a hand on her shoulder, "Millie...Not in front of me..." 

"I-i'm sorry, hon! He's too quick with it." 

Their Boss slapped his knee, "Yeah, yeah. I'm a riot."

Moxxie proceeded to make his point, "Are you blind, or just stupid?" 

"Moxxie!" Now it was his wifes turn to exclaim his name, Blitz gasping along with her. 

"The fuck is that for?! Who the fuck you think you're talkin' to?" 

"You said I could be frank! Didn't you see how your partner walked out there? It was obvious to anyone in the room that the...air is..." 

Millie rubbed her hands together, "Heavy?" 

Blitz looked around, then back at the door.

"He's fine, we're all fine! All hopped up on that good handing-someone-their-ass feelings! I mean, I've been training him well after all." 

He adjusted his collar, his smile remaining on his face, and w hen he didn't say anything else, Moxxie took it as a means of being ignored, rolling his eyes and nudging Millie. 

 “ Don’t you think it’s weird they practically happened one right after another?” 

The other Imp simply shrugged, “I mean, of course it’s strange. Oh, Hun, you’re lookin’ a little pale-” she put her hand on his face, but Blitz inserted himself between them, “And look! They can barely even threaten correctly! I was better at being menacing when I was still shitting in my diapers.” 

“But sir, T-they said they know where you live.” Moxxie crossed his arms, “I believe you’re taking this all too lightly.” 

Millie started to look worried, “Stolas seems fine with it, So does Blitz, and when have the two been ones to back down…right, Blitz?” 

Blitz smiles, “Egg- zactly, Millie! I don’t back down, I double down.” 

He thought his happiness about this would stay for more than a couple minutes, but he was already back to seething…

…And it didn't seem to be from the article. 

Because the very notion of Moxxie being anywhere near right annoyed him. 

Moxxie looked back at the office door, “But what if they do good on that threat? I-it could happen at any moment, sir.” 

Blitz propped his feet up on the table, Moxxie persisting. 

“I’m…I’m just really not too sure we should’ve handled it that way.” 

Millie began to rethink, looking at Blitz as he just groaned and rolled his eyes. 

“C’mon, Mox. Can’t you just take a fuckin’ joke? Those guys? They were amateurs, we ought not to take ‘em seriously.” 

“But they threatened both of you, and as funny as it was, Shouldn’t you be a bit more worried about this?” Moxxie got up, “Worried about who it was?” 

Blitz took it into consideration, in his infinite grace, tapping his claws against the side of his chair. 

“I have a pretty good feeling it’s the fucks that thought that article could see the light of day.” 

Millie tapped her chin, “It is weird that the two events happened so close together. But there’s always gonna be a possibility it was a coincidence.” 

“Correlation or not, it’s still an attempt on Stolas’ life. Not to mention all of us.” Moxie said, Blitz finally seeming to fucking hear the words coming from his mouth. 

He groaned like it was all a chore, Moxxie just getting out of his seat. 

 

Fine. Guess it’s my turn.” 

 

“Wait, Mox, where are you going? We were having a conversation!” Blitz rapped his knuckles on his notepad, but Moxie's chair scraped the floor as he glared at him.

“Consider me out.”

Millie enjoyed the assertiveness, “Yeah, go on, hun. I’ll deal with B.”

Blitz was betrayed, “Deal with me?!” 

Moxxie shut the door, as Blitz and Millie’s voices began lifting upwards. He sighed, and turned to see Stolas as his desk.

He didn’t look to be doing any work, only staring blankly at…well, Moxie couldn’t tell what he was looking at.

“Uh…Your High- Dammit, Crumbs, I mean, Stolas?” Moxie scratched the back of his head. 

"A brief inquiry, if I may please?" 

Stolas nodded, "Go right on ahead." 

Two million thoughts and a half circled through The Imps head, but he at least knew where to start. 

"Any idea what that call could've meant? Where it could've come from?" 

The Owl-demon didn’t turn his head, “...You could say I'm in denial.” Stolas seemed to know where the conversation was going. 

“I've wished every night since I've been here that I’d be able to live quietly.”

Moxie frowned, “Don’t worry, I’m sure none of this is your fault…but do you have any idea who could be doing this? Any enemy that still has it out for you?” 

Stolas picked up his pen, scribbling something down, “If I did, wouldn’t I've already taken care of it by now? I tied up as many loose ends as I could’ve before I left.” 

The Goetian shivered, a dark thought gurgling in his head, seeming to say:

Is that what you think? 

"But now...? It seems I have not. I mean? What good will it do if this threat is followed through anyway? Besides, if I were to have any idea who it is who has it out for me for this long, they must be one...Resilient bugger." 

The Imp rubbed his chin, the feeling of the hot, blazing sun flickering in his memory.

Oh, Satan.

 

“I don’t know’ve anyone actively trying to get rid of me…” Stolas made a chuckling noise, “I mean, i’m not that interesting, am I?” 

 

Moxxie heard a hissing noise in his ears, and a blessed-rifle flashed in his head. 

 

“Uh…Are you alright, Moxxie?” Stolas waved his hand, the Imp flinching as he looked back at him. 

 

“Oh… Oh! No…I’m- I’m good! I’m good, Yeahhh.” He clenched his fist, “Just…yeah, I need to go pee.” 

“Alright?” Stolas watched the Imp go to the bathroom, shutting the door quickly.

 

It can’t be him. It couldn’t have?

That guy…

He’s calculated, he’s…

 

He’s not some night stalker that would call someone up before finishing his job?

 

He planned to kill him quietly, right? If…if not for Blitz and himself infiltrating his plans. 

 

And Stolas was still here, alive and breathing. 

 

And he vowed it wouldn’t be the last time they saw him. 

 

His hyperventilating was probably being heard from outside, as a light knock came to the door. 

 

Sweetie?! Are you okay in there?” It was Millie, “ Hey, it’s okay! It was just a silly phone call! We get those all the time!” 

Moxxie sputtered, reaching for the door handle and ultimately pulling Millie inside.

She gasped, Moxxie shushing her, “ Don’t…don’t you remember? The Harvest Moon festival?”  

 

Millie’s eyes widened, Moxie's blown out pupils scaring her more than his words.







Has it just…finally caught up to us?” 






.





 

 

.




 

 

 

 

 

.

Notes:

Sorryy it was so fuckin short!

Hope you enjoyed anyway, i'll be back to your regular scheduled programming soon. <3

Chapter 17: A bottle Of Gin.

Notes:

Happy Holidays!

yeah, another holiday meant another break, and a HEAP of writers block.

I've been so lazy, i apologize! But i've had so many ideas for this damn fic, i just need to get this arc out of the way so I can finally put my ideas to good use! please enjoy this chapter<3

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

 

.






.






.



However, the end of the day rolled towards them with no deranged gunman in sight. 

 

Blitz stopped worrying long before then, as all 4 of them exited the building like normal. 

Loona was there to pick them up at the end of the day, begrudgingly getting out of the driver's seat to make way for her adoptive father, rolling into the backseat. 

“Sir, please, just be careful-” Moxxie said, Blitz barely acknowledging it. 

Millie was beside him, not saying a word, just looking at her boss with matching concern, albeit not as severe.

“Oh come on, Moxx. Cry me a river so I can take a shit in it.” Blitz pinched the other man's hand to take it off of him. 

He opened his mouth to say more, but Stolas bent down, ultimately separating the two of them with his head. 

“We will, alright? Just…don’t worry so much. We can most certainly hold our own if something were to happen.” 

Blitz grunted in protest, but Stolas turned to him.

“Right, Blitz?” 

He stood upright, the Imp making a swallowing noise as if to eat his words,

“Yeah. We’ll be fine, Mox. Stols’ and I can hold our own.” He merely reiterated exactly what Stolas had just said, but it satisfied Moxxie to a degree…

Millie rubbed Moxxie’s back, “Hear that? They’ll be just fine. But just so we’re clear: If that fucker does show his face, call us. We have somethin’ to finish with that slippery shit-face.” 

“Duly noted.” Stolas said, Blitz opening the passenger side door for him, but kicked the back of his leg as a means to hasten him along. He shut the door promptly, Stolas turning his head and speaking to Loona in the back-seat, presumably about Octavia, Blitz noting once he was preoccupied.

He turned back to his employees, 

“Look, by some stroke of luck, that it was that daddy-fuckin’-hillbilly-”

“Ahem,” Millie raised an eyebrow, Blitz smiled.

“Heh. But if it is, don’t think we’re goin down.” He jerked a thumb at the van, “Just look at us.” 

“What if…what if…” 

“What if?” Blitz mimicked, “ Shut up.” 

Millie shoved him, “Get in your van.” 

“Yes ma’m!” He saluted, happily obliging so he could end the conversation. “See you two tomorrow! Make sure to fuck twice, then page me in the morning!” 

He heard Moxxie exhale as he walked, getting to the driver's seat and shutting the door promptly. 

Stolas and Loona were silent by the time he entered the van, Blitz turning to look at her. 

“No show today, Loonie! What if we had a job to do?” 

“I did the job you gave me. I took Via home, her frumpy old uncle’s house was like 3 hours away!” 

“Not a job if you had fun.” Blitz grunted, while Stolas cooed, “Heh. Frumpy…such a silly word.” 

Blitz began to drive, watching Millie and Moxxie walking down the street in the other direction.

“Well, you missed Stolas’ first call! And it happened to be a threat!” 

“And an utter waste of time.” Stolas adjusted, “I’m sorry.” 

“If you say that one more time.” Blitz was irritated to put it simply, today was a headache and a half, and he was ready to kick off his boots, get that decorative bottle of gin off the mantle and bury his face into some feathers. 

Stolas reached over, “ Relax, We both need to.” 

“What? Oh hell, was it another article?” Loona got up in her seat.

“Fortunately not, but there were some people on the phone saying they know where I sleep, and that they are going to kill me.” Stolas put his hands back in his lap, “Nothing out of the ordinary.” 

He didn’t know what he was expecting Loona to react, but the young woman just shrugged, sitting back down and propping her legs up on the back of his seat. 

“Old news. Everyone wants to kill you.” 

This eased Stolas quite a bit, the indifference suggesting Loona didn’t care all that much about her life now being in imminent danger. 

But, this was hell wasn’t it? 

It was a particular threat placed on him and Blitz only, so.

Again, to reiterate Stolas over, and over…

 

He didn’t mind what happened to him, but if anything were to happen to his imp?

 

 

Heads would most definitely roll.

 

Blitz glanced at him, seeing the tense facial expression he wore, and yawned, putting a hand on the other man's thigh, guiding the steering wheel easily. Stolas glanced back, color rising in his cheeks as Blitz grinned. 

 

It almost made Blitz forget about his plans to absolutely defy him!



“So, what’s dinner looking like? Take-out? Want me to make something?” Blitz asked, Loona blowing some bangs away from her eyes. 

“We always get take-out.” 

Stolas draped his own hand over Blitz’s own, smiling. “Something light?” 

“Sure, how about those mice skewers you’re crazy about?” 

Loona groaned, “As long as I’m not eating mice, I'm in.” 

Stolas squeezed his hand happily, but still looked at the imp with a bit of worry.

 

Blitz.” He said quietly, Blitz squeezing his leg.

 

I got it.” 

 

They were both thinking the same thing. 

.



.




.





With dinner done, and Loona retiring for the night, the older men unwinded. Blitz did good on his promises, and popped open that bottle of gin like he said he would. He poured some ice cubes into a glass, handing it to the other man. 

“Charming…” Stolas complimented, Blitz nodding.

“Yeah, I'm a gentleman.” They clinked their glasses together, taking a long sip, the two sprawled on the bed. 

The last few days had been hectic, but tonight, there would be no long, drawn conversation followed by a sexless sleep. 

Stolas and Blitz would be liars if they said they weren’t pent up. 

 Blitz was quite pleased with the way Stolas handled himself against that caller, so how could he not wanna romance the old bird just a little bit?

Stolas shook his glass in a slow, circular motion, watching the amber-colored liquid swirl around beneath the dim light. 

“I’m not a big fan of the taste of gin, but it is something I most definitely needed.” 

“C’mon, Stols. Every motherfucker this side of the ravine knows you drink to get drunk. You never care about the taste.” Blitz took another sip, liking the way the ice clinked the glass.

“Well, what do you do when you drink? Admire the taste and color?”

Blitz pointed to the bottle, “Why do you think I have these laying around?” 

Stolas covered his mouth, speaking beneath his breath, “ And you choose this one?” 

“Watch your fuckin’ mouth, I could knock you out on your ass if I wanted to.” 

Stolas was almost finished with his glass, wiping the end of his beak with a thumb, “Oh, but you won’t. You may as well knock my a** up if you want.” 

Blitz sputtered, Stolas blushing, “ What?! I was being sexy!” 

“Sorry I didn’t mean to laugh! He finished his glass, taking the bottle and pouring some more, “Say somethin’ else with that… sexy ass voice of yours.” 

“Well, no. It sounds like you’re making fun of me.” Stolas crossed his arms, Blitz pleading.

“Noo! I was just kidding! C’mon, I’m into it!” 

Stolas’ glare waned, “ ...I want you to f*** the s*** out of my a** so you can shoot all your c** All OVER my h**e and paint my in***** with your s**d-”

Okay, too much-!”
“When has it ever been too much for my f**k-stud?!” 

Stols’, You’re wandering into dangerous territory!” 

Stolas got on top of him, “ Oh, but I attract danger, and danger is attracted to me!” 

“No shit, don’t you remember that call from earlier?” Blitz laughed, “You handled that so well… almost as well as you handle this di-” 

“Ugh, stop teasing me with that call, Blitz!” Stolas said, frustrated.

They wrestled now, giggles and love-bites following their needy kicks and kisses, presumably their little tussle knocking the lamp out. 

Oh, Blitzy-!” 

“Screw the fuckin’ lamp, just keep your fuckin’ talons on me.” 

“Sir, yes, sir.” 

The two assumed this would be how the night would end, hoping to Satan Loona wouldn’t knock down the door, or some pressing engagement that would separate Blitz’s tongue from Stolas’ ass. 

And so far, no abnormalities yet!

The imp let out a growl as he pinned Stolas beneath him, Stolas purring back with matching enthusiasm as the Imp used his tail to swoop over the sheets, flinging their discarded clothes off the bed. A loud crash followed, and because of the darkness, the Imp couldn’t tell where exactly it came from. 

Aw, fuck, must’ve knocked the damn gin off the-” 

Stolas grabbed him, pulling him closer, 

Oh? You need me that badly?” 

Blitz, hush for one moment.” He put his hands over his mouth, but not in the kinky way.

 

But with urgency, almost frantic. 

 

...No…I…I’m not quite sure if that was the Gin bottle breaking.” 

 

Blitz registered what the Owl-demon was saying, realizing that the crash didn’t in fact come from inside their bedroom. 

 

But from just outside. 

 

They both began to sit up, Blitz’ spines rising up he looked from the door, to the other man, now both upright and much more alert.

Their eyes adjusted to the room, Blitz thankful the pair of them weren’t completely in their birthday suits, helping Stolas into his robe as he tugged his shirt and pants back on with the help of some of the others magic. Stolas was on high-alert, watching Blitz walk slowly to the door, his gun fisted in his hand as he looked back at him.

A portal would be nice, Stols.” 

Right, right. Allow me to-” 

Blitz’ eye twitched, as another loud crash was heard from outside. Stolas froze, shaken, the grimoire visibly shaking in his grip as the noises became louder.

Not frightened by the fact there was an intruder, but by how quickly the behassler’s did good on their 

‘Threat.’ 

 

It equally amazed, and shook the two to their cores. 

 

And now to add; they didn’t seem to be alone in the apartment, merely separated by a door. 

 

Dammit, don’t freak out. I’ve got this.” Blitz whispered, “ Remember?” 

He pointed to his gun, “ I’m a professional. Just need you on stand-by.” 

Stolas got up with him regardless, “ But do you think it’s the-” 

Blitz put a finger to his mouth, nodding towards the door.

 

I think we’re about to find out.”

 

.




.





.



Turns out, the hellhound hadn’t left the scene tonight, loitering just outside the apartment building. 

Loona packed the cigarettes on her open palm, absentmindedly humming some song she was listening to in the car. 

It was one of those new-wave bands Vi was raving about at the moment, a song she always used on her Sinstagram stories whenever showing off some new taxidermy piece or an outfit she was digging. 

She thought fondly on the owl-demon, all the qualities that made her see glimmers of her own adolescence in her. 

Suddenly feeling melancholic at the somewhat heaviness that laid on the two of them. 

Unfortunately for Octavia, she had the burden of knowing the awful qualities of her parents.

 

And fortunately for Loona, she hardly remembers what a nightmare her biological parents were. 

 

Fortunately for them, they weren’t burdened with having to raise her.

 

But old Stolas must’ve done something right with Via, because she was the most bearable person Loona’s met in a long time.

 

Aside from…well, her own father, despite making her want to run for the next ring and never look back.

And even Stolas was becoming someone Loona wouldn’t mind standing next to, he was offering to teach her spells for fucks sake.



It was almost like…

 

 

Nah, that’s corny. 

 

She pulled out her phone, realizing Via hadn’t texted or called by now. I mean, she’d dropped her off hours ago and it was already well into the night. 

And the Goetian was a night-owl (hehe. sorry.) so there was no way she’d fallen asleep. 

It made her realize how much she wasn’t on her phone that day, even though she usually had it almost glued to her hand half the time. 

She unlocked her phone, only to be met with several messages from Octavia.

 

First red flag: Octavia hardly ever double-texts.

 

“The fuck?” She audibly said, taking her cigarette out of her mouth, tapping the stray ashes from the stick. 

Most of the messages were incomprehensible, jumbled up letters that could only mean the teen was frantic.

Things like:

 

“Sht” 

 

“He trnd ff he fkn pwr”

“Fuck fck FUCKKKK”



But it wasn’t enough to get the hellhound nervous. 

 

She tried deciphering some of them, only to feel an instinctive chill. 

 

One message stood out, which happened to be the longest one, the most recent to be sent.



I kno ur probs so fukning tired of hearing frm me but i think-”



CRASH! 



It was as if someone decided to call Jesus him-fucking-self to rain fire down on their garbage-ass apartment building. 

But a loud, banging, noise, like broken glass almost made Loona drop her phone.

Her ears stood up on high alert, as she heard a scream that could only be identified…



As that of her adoptive fathers.






But i think my mom is planning on killing my dad tonite, idk I could be being fuckn crazy or something.”

 

“But pls loona”



“Pls protect him.” 




“He needs help.” 




.



.






.







Notes:

Well? was it a short read?

please let me know your thoughts! has my writing gotten worse? PROBABLY LOL

Chapter 18: The More I See, The Less I Know.

Notes:

2 week break, I know! Sorry these have been getting pumped out slower and slower...

I got really, really, sick, and had no energy to do much except rot in bed lol

I wrote less and less, but i'm pretty pleased with how this came out, so hope you enjoy!

WARNING FOR VIOLENCE IN THIS!

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text



.



.






.



The chaos that followed was almost too fast to comprehend. 

Hearing Blitz’s gun, or someone's gun go off causing his ears to ring and mind go foggy. 

 

Stolas should’ve braced himself a bit more. 

 

But he didn’t expect the whole door being blown off its hinges. 

 

In a puff of smoke, Blitz was already hollering, screaming out war-cries and trying his best not to destroy his entire apartment. 

Once the smoke finally cleared, Stolas realized he was knocked over, the Grimoire laying in front of him, which also made him realize the door was on top of him.

He could’ve sworn his reflexes would’ve covered that.

Dammit-!” Stolas tried getting up, but he felt almost bolted to the floor.

Stolas-! Stolas, get up!” Blitz screamed from the living room, the intruder firing more and more shots into the room. 

As if persistence alone could finish them. 

But the intruder seemed to know something Stolas didn’t, because he couldn’t move.

The door wasn’t particularly heavy, but…

I…!” He looked up as far as he could, only to see the glimmer of the bullet that pierced through the door. 

 

 

Blitz! Blitz, the gun…!” Stolas grunted, fearful in his words.

 

The weapon is blessed! It’s fucking BLESSED!” 

 

Blitz ducked behind the couch, able to see Stolas in his sorry state.

 

“... And the only fuckwipe in these parts to have a fuckin’ blessed rifle and even bother with our asses is…” the Imp cocked his gun. 

Blitz…!” Stolas tried reaching out, but was ultimately petrified. 

 

Fuck.

 

“Fucking shit.” Blitz exhaled, “ I’m gonna owe Mox so many fuckin’ vacation hours.” 

“What in hell is going on, Blitz?! Do you know who's here?” Stolas’ shock bordered suspicion now, because now it seemed Blitz knew something he didn’t. The frenzied shooting concluded, as it seemed the perp needed to reload. 

The Imp shrugged, “Oh, like I knew which one of our enemies decided to drop by tonight!”

One of them?! How many enemies have you made?” 

How many do YOU have?! Y-yknow what, fuck this, lemme just free you now-” 

 

“I can HEAR you.” 

 

The sound of a rattle-snake followed the cease of bullet-rain. Blitz’s eyes darted to Stolas before ultimately having to transition to a different area, now hiding beneath some-part of his kitchen table.

( he’ll worry about fixing it later.)

 

If he chilled out behind the couch any longer, he’d probably be…

 

BAM! 

 

…Lights Out.



The couch was now flipped over, clearing the way for a familiar pair of cowboy boots to travel across the floor. 

Blitz snarled, watching as Stolas grunted and contorted his body as a means to try and free himself. 

 

“Finally.” Striker gave a sarcastic bow, leaning his rifle against the half-demolished door frame. 

 

“Long time no see, Your imperial Highness.” He bowed sarcastically, scratching his chin, “Oh, wait, damn. You ain’t even got a title anymore, do ya’?”  

 

Stolas glared at him, “Don’t patronize me more than you already have…” 

 

“Surprised you can still talk at all, Princey. These bullets ain’t no joke.” He released the muzzle from the rifle, pulling one of the pure-white bullets free. 

 

“You think so little of me?” 

 

“Somethin’ like that,” He stepped closer to him, Blitz practically seeing red at even the mere thought of his motherfucker getting anywhere near the owl-demons vicinity. 

 

Wait.

 

For.

 

The. 

 

Opening.

 

“Where's the Boss-man? Just a second ago he was showin’ me a bit of a challenge!” His voice echoed around the room.

Stolas darted to Blitz’s direction, but he made an ‘X’ with his fingers, in the midst of reloading his own weapon.

 

Distract. Deflect. 

 

The Owl-demon furrowed his brows, clearing his throat ever so slightly as a means to make his voice shiver with “fear”.

 

H-he must’ve fled…” 

 

Striker looked down at him, “Aw. That’s too bad. Really placed your trust into us imps, eh?”

He was directly above him now, tilted his head to get a better look at him.

 

Such a cryin’ shame. Especially with you all defenseless like this, I almost pity you.” 

“Well, do you pity me enough to grant me one final statement?” Stolas closed his eyes dramatically, The Hybrid simply cocking his weapon.

“Hm. Shoot.” 

Stolas sighed, remembering this time to brace himself.

 

“You should probably duck.” 

 

Almost immediately after his “final” words, Blitz was already riding Striker’s fucking head like a mechanical bull, pistol-whipping his snout over and over. Striker ultimately tripped over Stolas’ trapped body, Stolas propelling himself in the other direction before allowing himself to be trapped beneath the door any longer, Striker breaking the damn thing in two as he landed on it. 

Blitz was in a frenzy, picking up broken pieces of glass from the window Striker demolished and attempting to stab and cut any opening he saw. Striker deflected and dodged but Blitz was seeing red. 

“WHY AREN’T YOU DEAD YET?!”

Stolas reached for his book, But Striker promptly threw Blitz down with more force intended, Blitz’s claws leaving redder streaks down his scalp and neck. 

But even that didn’t seem to hinder him all that much, kicking Blitz’ pistol away. He noticed Stolas trying to crawl away, limbs still weak from being beneath the door for too long. 

“Oh no you dont-!” Striker lunged after him and grabbed his feathered tail, causing Stolas to let out a cry of pain.

DON’T EVEN TRY TO FUCKING TOUCH HIM-” Blitz’s reactions only grew more wild, Striker making an effort to try and pull Stolas back towards him, his rifle laying dormant on the now ruined door, and thankfully out of his reach, Blitz elbowing him in the gut so he’d fall back on his knees so he can jump back on him, hands releasing Stolas for only a mere moment. 

Unfortunately for Striker, Stolas realized this too, despite the painful tearing of his fucking plumage, he reached forward to grasp it, Blitz’s mouth dropping open as Stolas frantically lined it up right in Striker’s fucking face.

This caused a standstill now. 

While Striker’s grasp didn’t let up, the pulling stopped. Blitz was still wrapping his arms around Striker’s throat, but was also frozen.

Their wild breaths ceased the room from being completely silent.

Now, out of breath, Stolas’ pupils dilated, and similarly to Striker from only moments before, cocked it with a shaking hand.

 

Pointed right between his eyes. 

 

Striker stared from the barrel of the gun, back into Stolas’ face. 

 

“Heh. Checkmate, huh, Your Highness?” 

 

He chuckled lightly despite himself, “ Bet you don’t even know how to use it.”

Stolas cocked it once again, racking the weapon and allowing an ammo shell to hit the floor with loud, grating clinks. 

For a second, Blitz almost forgot this was the same Demon he saw everyday.

With a stern voice, Stolas glared, 

Maybe. Regardless of that, I happen to be a very quick study.”  

“Damn right.” Blitz looked at him, never feeling so fucking horny for this bird than he did now.

Striker growled, baring his teeth. 

“You ain’t got the nerve, you imp-suckin’-!” 

Blitz gripped his throat tighter, holding his head in the crook of his elbow.

“Watch your fucking mouth.” Blitz rendering him breathless, Striker letting out a little gurgle, rolling his eyes.

“Well.” Stolas said quietly, “You’re at our mercy now, it seems. After you’ve nearly destroyed Blitz’s home and believed you could take me down easily with genuine carmine…” Stolas picked the empty shell off the floor, it shook his hands, but he didn’t falter. Striker writhed a bit in Blitz' hold, growling as his tail whipped behind him, Blitz’s own spikes raising as he tightened his grip once more. 

But Blitz didn't enjoy the feeling of edge in his gut. 

“You came all alone, too. How insulting…”  Stolas crowed. 

Blitz guffawed back, “Yeah, but it’s more embarrassing for him! Like, bitch, please-” 

“Blitz.” 

"Right, whatever." 

Striker laughed, but because of his state, it came out more like a wheeze. 

Looks like you got a nice, short, leash, Boss-man.” Striker turned his head as much as he could, Blitz not letting up.

“The fuck does that mean?” Blitz asked, wondering why Stolas hasn’t blown this assholes brains out yet. 

"Look at the nice lap dog you make." 

“Oh, Oh you are not getting in my head again.” 

“Who says I’m in your head?” Striker said, “ Or was I able to pique your interest last time we talked…?” 

“...You talked?” 

Blitz looked at Stolas, “Stols’-” 

“No, Blitz. When did you talk with this man?” Stolas looked from Blitz, to Striker. “I know you went head-to-head with him at the Pain Games, but-”

“I told you, he’s my fuckin’ enemy-” 

“Oh, gee!” Striker was smiling maniacally, 

“You didn’t even tell ‘em… Blitzy?” 

Stolas face dropped, ultimately lowering the barrel ever so slightly.

 

Which seemed to be enough for Striker to whip his tail around, wielding a blade he’d been hiding in his boot. 

Stolas felt it graze his face, and it happened all so quickly he didn’t remember being knocked on his back again. 

FUCK-!” Blitz tried yanking Striker back, but he rolled forward, Blitz flipping with him and tossing him to the floor. 

Why the fuck did I let him get me with that trick?! Blitz said to himself, trying his best to sit up quickly. 

 

Only to see Stolas on his side…

 

With blood running down his face. 

 

He heard glass shatter from the room over, only for it just to be already broken shards being trampled by bloodied boots.

Striker slung his rifle over his shoulder, wiping his nose and spitting. 

 

“Let’s call this round even, aye?” He smiled, “Wouldn’t be worth it to kill the poor bastard just yet.” 

 

“Oh, just fuckin’ run away again, you motherfucker!” Blitz gripped his own pistol, firing a shot at him, but Striker was already gone. 

 

In similar fashion to the first time. 

 

…Fucking coward. 

 

He kept screaming as he looked back at Stolas, who lay motionless on the floor. 

“Stolas!” Blitz crawled towards him, putting his head in his lap.

The Owl-demon opened his eyes, pupils flickering as his black blood leaked from the dark wound in his cheek. 

“Dammit, thank Satan his aim was shit.” He took a bit of his t-shirt in his claws, tearing some fabric free to wipe some of the blood clean.

Stolas still didn’t speak, just trying to read Blitz’s face as his adrenaline pumped in his ears.

 

It all happened.

 

It was quick and…

 

He knew less and less the more he tried to comprehend it.

 

Soon enough, Loona came running in. 

 

Everyone's voices still sounded like they were underwater.

 

Probably more people came running in.

 

Or…

 

When did they end up outside?

 

He looked up at Hell's dark, inky, sky. 

 

 

He may as well close his eyes for a while.



.






.







.

Notes:

Let me know your thoughts and opinions on this new chapter!

Its a little sad, i know.

Chapter 19: In Some Blundering Way.

Summary:

Drama, madness, and Confusion!

Notes:

10 DAYS TO RELEASE SOMETHING NEW? THATS FUCKED UP OF ME, IM SO SORRY!

I got 3 tornado warnings in one day, and classes just STAY kicking my ass, but I crawl up from the fiery pits to offer a extra THICK chapter!

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

 .







.







.



He’s not waking up, He’s not waking up, dammit-!” 

 

If he’s still breathing, it’s fine. We’ll be back at our place in a sec-”

 

Loona drove silently, Moxxie sitting next to her, giving her directions to their own apartment. 

They were on edge all night too, it seemed, because they were at Blitz’ apartment by the time Loona got the phone ringing.

They weren’t prepared to see the damage, nor were they ready to see Stolas bleeding out on the floor…

The Owl-demon was now propped up between Millie and Blitz in the backseat, the pair of them treating his wound. 

Blitz was restless, lamenting on his aim, his carelessness, if Stolas would ever open his eyes again.

He seemed to forget what exactly Stolas was.

What he did remember, was that Stolas was emotionally-fragile. 

He exhaled deeply, putting his head and his hands, Millie frowning at him.

"Aww, B...it's gonna be alright." 

 

"I...I just...Dammit." Blitz clenched his fists, everyone else in the car assuming Blitz was going to say something half-way nice. 

 

...

 

“Most of this is his stupid fault anyway!” 

 

“Blitz! Don’t say that!” Millie almost smacked his arm, but he was pretty beaten up too, so she put her hand back on the antiseptic wipes next to him, patting a fresh one into Stolas’ wound, whose eyebrows stayed permanently furrowed, and mouth in a small scowl of discomfort. 

“Striker got into his head like the drop of a fuckin’ hat. Fuckin’ charmers snake ass-” 

Moxxie turned in his seat, “Yeah! And maybe if you, let’s see, WARNED him about Striker’s manipulation tactics, then MAYBE Striker would be the one with a sliced face - Okay, Loona, you’re gonna take a left at this light here- ” 

-Roger.”

“Oh, SHUT. UP, MOXXIE.”

Millie growled in frustration, “Blitz, STOP! Can’t you just be civil for two seconds!? I understand wanting to protect Stolas by not bringing up what happened at the Harvest Moon festival, but the least you could do was be a bit more honest with him? Save us a whole deal of trouble.” She took the gauze from the first aid kit, wetting it with ointment and using a pair of tweezers to apply it to Stolas’ face. 

“So it was that asshole from the harvest moon festival, huh.” 

This was the first time Loona had spoken in a while, Blitz getting a fondness in his tone.

“Yeah, and i’m just glad you weren’t there while he was, sweetie.” 

She tried to feel annoyed, but there was no room for it, the other Imp sitting next to her grappling with the facts. 

“From what I could gather, He was protective of you…and when he heard you were communicating with the enemy, his hesitation showed.” Moxxie added from his spot in the front.

“It’s obvious Stolas isn’t like us. He’s probably never been in a situation like that.” 

Millie nodded, “He’s very emotional.” 

Blitz almost thought about decking her in the face, 

“We were ambushed, if it had been any other circumstance that didn’t involve blessed weapons, That motherfucker would’ve been Stolas’ dinner.” 

He was still racking his brain on why Stolas hesitated so. 

How he allowed himself to be placed in such a vulnerable position.

He couldn’t understand, 

 

…How Stolas had become so careless with himself.

 

Millie dressed the wound up with the skill of a genuine nurse, smiling at her handiwork. 

“He’ll be right as rain by the time we get to our place.” She nudged him, knocking him off his propped-up position and sent him to lean on Blitz, who was in the midst of fixing himself up too. 

There were flecks of glass in his arms and legs, and he had goddamn cotton-mouth from all the drywall that got wrecked. 

He didn’t even have time to comprehend what a dump his apartment had become. 

Loona walked straight to her room the moment she saw the wreckage, but her area seemed to be perfectly intact, along with Blitz’s bedroom for the most part. 

The window would have to be replaced… along with most of the wall. 

Blitz lifted a leg, and it ached, but still kicked it as high as he could to kick the back of Moxxie’s seat. 

“Hey.”

Ow, what?” He didn’t turn his head, still directing Loona on where to go. Blitz didn’t speak for a beat, finding the courage to formulate his thoughts. 

This was gonna suck.

 

“…shoulda listened to you, huh?”

 

Moxxie was astonished, still not turning to hide his aghast face. 

“Yeah. Should’ve. Otherwise Stolas wouldn’t be scar-face.”

“Hah. No, Striker’s blade isn’t going to do shit, he’ll be fine.” 

“Oh. Right.” 

Blitz kept his foot on the seat, kicking it again. 

“But it could’ve been worse.” 

Moxxie didn’t like the way Blitz sounded then, now turning his head to see Stolas leaned against Blitz’s shoulder, The Imp having a protective arm around his waist. 

“I still don’t understand what happened. How come Stolas couldn’t just take him down with his magic?” Millie wasn’t very familiar with blessed weapons, Moxxie clearing his throat like he was about to jump into full analysis mode. 

“The bullets in which the blessed weapon uses releases a toxin once it punctures an object. Once doing so, it’s able to petrify even Hell's mightiest beings. One being Stolas here.” He gestured to him, with the fervor of some University Professor. 

(Can you see it in lights? Prof. Moxxie! P.H.D in KILLANOMETRY!) 

“That’s why even though it didn’t technically hit Stolas, it was able to incapacitate him so easily. Not to mention I don’t personally see Stolas ever really being near a fight like this.”

“But isn’t Stolas being mobbed by thugs all the time?”

“Not like this prick.” 

Moxxie and Millie looked at Blitz with more concern now, 

“I didn’t think I’d see that motherfucker again. I dunno. I just really didn’t.” He shook his head, looking at the bandages on Stolas’ face. 

They weren’t supposed to be like this. Not anymore. 

Loona looked at Blitz through the rearview mirror. 

 

She didn’t think it’d be like this either. 

 

When she entered the apartment, seeing Blitz trying to get Stolas to stop bleeding. 

 

Seeing that dormant look in the Owl-Demon’s eyes…

 

Seeing the look of pure dread in Blitz’ own. 

 

.

 

.

 

.

 

The run down the stairwell felt like years and years. 

The sounds of screaming became clearer, and clearer. 

 

She knew those screams no matter how hard she tried to fight it. 

 

“BLITZ?” She called, but the screams only escalated. 

It was unintelligible till she got into the corridor.

 

Just a chorus of…

 

There was another voice, but only for a short moment, and then a loud crash. 

 

“BLITZ, GODDAMN IT!” Loona felt as if she was running in slow motion, looking at the text messages a few more times. 

Should she call her?

Would it make a difference?

It didn’t matter by the time she practically busted down the door.

It was something out of a Tarantino flick, the living room was massacred, and the air was thick with dust and debris. 

There were bullet holes in the walls, in the pictures that once hung there. 

She thrusted her bedroom door open, but the door was sealed shut aside from a few stray shots. 

Phew.

A small cry brought her back to reality, finding Blitz in what once to be his bedroom.

Loona walking over glass shards…

 

And there they were. 

 

Blitz had his back to her, frantically tearing at his own clothes as Stolas sort of…

Laid there.

She approached slowly, seeing how Blitz was practically vibrating, repeating things over and over.

 

Itsokayitsokayitsokayitsokay

 

We’reokaywe’reokaywe’reokaywe’reokay

 

Stolas didn’t speak, still looking shocked despite his eyes looking…unseeing. 

The blood continued to drip.

 

Black.

 

Black blood. 

 

She couldn’t help the shudder that left her. 

 

“…D-“ She bit her tongue, watching Blitz’s back still. 

 

“Blitz?”

 

.



.



.

 

She didn’t want to think too much, she wanted this night to end just as much as the rest of them. 

Her heart pounded at the thought of those texts from Via…

It made her sick to her stomach.

Now Loona was audibly growling, knuckles tightened around the wheel. 

“Loona? You okay, girl?” Millie asked quietly, “C’mon, speak to us.” 

Loona pulled into the parking lot, catching Blitz in the rearview mirror. 

His hand was right around Stolas, the Owl-demon stirring and leaning closer into the Imp. 

Even unconscious, he seemed desperate to cling closer to him. 

She could only wonder what he was thinking. 

Still, Loona considered her opinions, 

“I don’t really know if I should say this now…”

Blitz lifting his head, meeting his daughter's eyes. 

He felt his guard up once more, “What?”

“…Just as Long as you promise not to freak out.” 

Blitz’s pupils were sharp and his voice rough, 

 

What do you know?” 

.





.





.



Via felt herself go sprawling. 

The WiFi was shit, probably on purpose, and not to mention her mother…

Her mother knew she knew. 

All she could do was cry, cry or throw herself from the second story window. 

But Octavia stayed glued to the door, keeping it closed shut with her bodyweight. 

There was no way she could face anyone now.

Why was she so useless? 

She could try yelling at her Uncle for this, of course he had to be perpetuating this whole thing. 

But there really was no use, was there?

Hopefully Loona saw her text, perhaps she may have written back? 

She’ll only know until the wifi is back. 

Or…

Or it could’ve gone completely south. 

“No..” She whispered to herself, she couldn’t allow it to eat her again. 

Your father has power unbeknownst to many, he is capable of protecting himself. 

But the more the tried to calm herself, the anxiety only grew, and grew. 

 

Her father could be dead.

 

And her mother was going to kill her. 

 

She had it in her. I mean, she was ready to kill her Dad, hired someone and everything. 

 

Not only that, that meant putting Loona and Blitz in danger. 

 

The negatives kept building, the anxiety grew more teeth…

 

Please…please be okay.” She found herself whispering, hands clasped around her face.



And to make matters worse...

 

She had no allies here. 





Stella and Andrealphus always ate dinner in silence when they resided with their parents.

Tonight, Andrealphus felt as if he had time-traveled back to those days, though his sister wasn’t wearing her feathers in pigtails, and he wasn’t in his school uniform.

He had never seen his dear sister so silent in years. Her personal servant was standing idly, without her usual rotary in hand, waiting for her lady to give instruction. 

But she just picked at her food, tapping a finger impatiently on the table.

Though, from the distance the two were sitting apart, Andrealphus barely heard the noise. 

The table was marble, and extravagantly long, Hell’s night sky shielded away from the velvet curtains. 

The Marquis took a bite of his food, gesturing to a butler who stood near with some wine.

“Go ahead and open those, would you? I simply must change the scenery before I scratch my bloody eyes out.” 

“Right away, your lordship.” 

Stella watched the curtains draw back, but went back to staring at her food, moving the substances around the flat plate. 

Her brother watched, smiling a bit.

“Is ‘Tavi not joining us tonight?” 

Stella raised her eyes for a moment, hand freezing and letting her fork fall to the table with a loud noise. 

Andrealphus suppressed a laugh, taking another bite. 

“Octavia has long gone to bed, has she not? It is quite late.” Stella’s eyelashes covered her eyes, finally taking a nibble of her food. 

“Didn’t the little one come to check on you earlier?” 

“Indeed she did.” 

“Ah.” 

Andrealphus gestured to the butler, having him pour another drink. This was bound to be good. 

“Seems even Tavi is more caught up with the going-ons then even I am now.” 

Stella scowled now, “What are you even talking about, Andrealphus?” 

“What am I talking about? Oh come on, Stella. You are up to something.” 

“Surely you know.” Stella took another bite now, much bigger than the first. 

Andrealphus waited, but it seemed she did this as a way to silence herself. 

 

“...”

“...”

 

“Am I meant to just…say it simply, sister?” he asked, resting his head on his hand, the red of the wine glinting in the light. 

Stella finally swallowed, audibly even.

 

“I support you in it, nonetheless. Although it is very well, not my business. ” 

 

She didn’t look up. 

 

“But you’ve gotten yourself in quite the mess, haven't you?” 

 

Andrealphus sipped the wine, letting some drip down his chin. 

 

Stella finally looked up at him, and suddenly glass was being thrown.

 

YOU BASTARD, ANDREALPHUS! I SHOULD’VE NEVER COME BACK HERE!” 

 

Andrealphus was laughing uncontrollably, Stella beginning her assault on the table, the chairs, she somehow got the curtains to fall. 

Then she was chasing him around the now turned over table, practically tripping over herself in her gown. 

 

“Don’t act like that girl wouldn’t have found out eventually!” He had her wrists now, Stella just thrashing about, even going as far as to try and bite him. 

Now it really felt like a flashback. 

Stella looked stunned to be incapacitated so quickly, she seemed to be more conditioned to less resistance.

“L-let go-!” 

“Then. Stop. ” Andrealphus’ smile never left, his hold on her so tight she whined beneath it. 

The servants only watched, even they knew not to intervene.

The room seemed to grow colder, the two Peacock-demon’s icy breath now being seen as they exhaled wildly. 

The hands around Stella’s wrists glowed with magic, feeling the bulk of it as frost began to crust her wrists, traveling up her forearms.

It was a stand-off, waiting to see who would crack first. 

Stella glared at him, beginning to shiver, “You miserable cur.”

“She says as she stands in my dining room, or should I say, is running around my dining room like a headless rooster .” 

 

...”

“...”




Andrealphus finally drops her wrists, Stella huffing and shaking out her hands, the ice crinkling on the floor. 

“T-that may have worked on me when we were younger, Andrealphus. But if you take me for the child I was before-” 

“- Then what should I take you for?” 

 

They stood in silence for a moment, Stella’s pupils scanning, darting about the room. 

She seemed rather tongue-tied now, shivering as frost began to be seen, flecks of ice beginning to float through the air. 

 

“You can cut that out already, Brother.” 

“And has your tantrum ended then?” 

“Can’t you just speak to me without it being some petty attack?!” Stella pulled her shawl over herself tighter, Andrealphus widening his eyes. 

“Oh that is just rich coming from you!” He raised his hands to the air, “Hear ye, hear ye! We are in the presence of the Marchioness of Petty! She may even be promoted to Princess Of Petty!” 

“Y-you overstep, Andre-” 

“So that’s the line, then?” The Marquis crossed his arms, the servants wondering if they should leave the room. 

Stella bawled her fists, the embarrassment able to mask the feeling of the cold air. “Just drop it-!” 

“How about drawing the line at assasination? How about that, Sister?”

He kept pressing, and pressing, Stella raging against these waves.

Somehow, her brother was able to gouge into every piece of her.

It doesn’t very well matter if the one to die is better off dead!” She didn’t care who could be listening. 

She seemed to never care.

Andrealphus found it so stupid.

 

Yet so entertaining. 

 

And of your daughter? Surely she’s aware of the conspiracy, huh? Did you think of that?!” 

 

 

Another silence fell. 

 

Stella was only staring wide-eyed at him. 

 

Andrealphus thought he’d finally cracked her. 

 

But Like Brother, like Sister, right? 

 

She simply went back to her seat at the table, gesturing to a cowering servant to come closer to pour her a fresh cup of wine. 

Andrealphus watched, utterly amused as Stella regained the little composure she had within her, nodding her head to the servant as she took a long sip of the red liquid. 

 

“From the moment I could first remember, I have been in a desperate chase to maintain my own reputation.” Stella said sharply. 

“I’ve done all I could to be everything this family needs. I’ll play the part, but I'm not a fool.” 

She talked as if she had all the sympathy to receive. 

“Why should I sit idly by while I get painted as a fool?” She took another sip, a feverish heat coming over her as the frost Andrealphus cast was no more. 

Why should I allow THAT fool to go do fuck-all?! While MY reputation goes to shit?! He may not care what becomes of him, but I CARE what happens to me.” 

Andrealphus’ smile faded now, Stella once again slamming the wine glass to the table, glass shards smothered with wine dancing across the marble like little bloody stars.

She let out an exasperated sigh, hands tight in fists, assuming her brother would have more to say.

But he didn’t move an inch, only moving when she got up from her chair, straightening herself out with another sigh, moving towards the staircase. 

 

She turned around to give one final look, Andrealphus just staring back. 



“You’d do the very same thing if you were in my position.” 



 

She walked up the stairs, and after a short, or even a long moment, a door was closed. 

Andrealphus’ frost long died out, cold water coated the walls and floors. 

This may be a tad hypocritical of him.

He could get over the disastrous plot to eliminate her ex-husband, all that he could forgive. 

In all honesty, he could care less what becomes of his bumbling brother in law. 

He was a man. 

 

 

But his Niece was only a child. 

 

Suddenly, in a moment of weakness, he turned towards the staircase and almost walked towards it, but lifted a hand towards a servant in the midst of cleaning the… very messed up dining room.

 

“Would you go…see to my Niece please?” He said almost quietly, suddenly remembering that that woman had somehow…

 

In some blundering way…

 

Also happened to be a mother.



.





.






.

 

Notes:

Andrealphus may not be as icy as you think, but it seems he can't just be a bystander any longer!

orrr is he???

Hheheheh, let me know your thots and comments! <3

THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT.

Chapter 20: Protection.

Notes:

this one may be a shortie, but I think it'll speak for itself.

Blitz bad at feelings, but he's got the bravery!

TW/CW(?): depictions/descriptions of harm and deformity. (Just in case.)

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text



.





.






.




His vision was fuzzy and dim, eyes adjusting as his senses seem to run back to him. There was a shuffling noise to his right, but he didn’t quite sit up, trying to remember bits and pieces. 



There was a gun, and a bottle of gin. 

 

If he could just remember which one came first?

 

And if any of it was real or not.

 

There was a heartbeat in his head, yep. It was all real.

“Ugh…”

Stolas lifted his hands in the air, inspecting them. 

His regeneration was hopefully working, because the shake in his hands was the usual shake, not the sick-shake. 

He exhaled, uncomfortably numb. 

Letting his palms fall to his face, he felt the bandages on it, surprised and confused as he sat up.

Just that action alone made him feel incredibly disoriented, head spinning. 

Calm down, you fool.

“…how did I even end up here.” He asked no one, finally looking down at himself.

He wasn’t wearing his usual pajamas, now in a long blue sweater and ill fitting shorts. 

They seemed to be his, perhaps hastily bought and found on short notice?

He thought about taking them off, but he winced at the prickly feeling in his legs.

Kicking off the blanket, he saw glimmers of glass lingering here and there in his feathers.

Little red spots danced on his thighs. 

And with closer inspection, there were some fine marks on his forearms too. 

 

He was scared of what the rest of him looked like. 

 

Stolas hesitantly touched his face again, trying to get a feel of the situation. 

Questions began to circulate. 

 

What feelings should I let thrash me about first?

 

The dread?

 

Confusion?

 

Fear?

 

He groaned, his throat felt raw and tight. 

 

Get a hold of yourself, Stolas, you’ve fallen away from yourself long enough. 

 

Blitz.

 

That’s first. Find Blitz. 

 

He looked around, finally realizing he’d been alone in the room the entire time. 

It wasn’t anything familiar, but the large picture of Blitz’ employees and Theater Posters was telling of where he’d ended up.

 

He didn’t look for too long, seeing their Happy Wedding photos. 

 

Stolas scooted himself to the edge of the bed, psyching himself up to place his legs on the floor. 

He sucked air in sharply, heaving himself to his feet. 

 

In his peripheral vision, he saw his reflection in the mirror of the open bathroom door, But that was all he wished to see. 

 

.



.

.



Stolas walked into the main room quietly, the conversation of the other 4 ceased as he did so. 

 

Blitz’ mouth stayed open as if he was mid sentence, the cup of coffee he was holding beginning to quake.

Moxie smiled faintly at him from his spot at the stove, turning back around once they met eyes. 

“Morning, Stolas.” Millie said cooly, “Sit down, I'm sure you’re tuckered out.” 

Loona was on the couch, closest to the door, looking up quickly at him before looking back at her phone, seeming to start typing quickly. 

Stolas felt out of place, shifting from foot to foot before walking towards the table, the seat nearest to Blitz vacant. 

Blitz watched him move towards him, then as he sat down, still frozen like a statue.

The chair was small, Stolas’ knees unable to fit beneath the table, but he didn’t complain. 

“...You hungry?” Millie asked, “Had quite the night.” 

Stolas looked down at his hands, “Yes, Thank you.” 

“Mkay, Mox is a great cook.” She winked at her husband, who blushed abashedly, placing some hash browns onto a plate. 

Blitz finally seemed to be knocked out of his trance, taking a wolf-like gulp of coffee, then inevitably wincing at its heat. 

Stolas waited for him to speak first, taking the pot of coffee from the center of the table and pouring a cup. 

He believed there was much necessary information he needed to hear. 

Blitz knew it too, just as confused as he was, but not for the same reason.

 

Just the fact that even though they had seemed to be rid of Stolas’ fucking family. 

 

They still seemed to be running. 

 

“Hm,” Stolas finally said, he had taken too long. 

 

“Want to tell me what happened last night?” 

 

Loona looked over, catching Blitz’ eyes and nodding towards him. Millie did the same, Blitz looking everywhere but at him.

“Yeah, Mills. How about you fill him in on-”

“Blitz. You were there.” Millie kicked him from under the table, Stolas stood, putting a hand on Blitz’s shoulder, and standing back up.

“Come with me.” 

Blitz felt every drop of blood left in him go to his toes, mindlessly following Stolas. 

They already started whispering to each other before they even made it out the door.

Blitz reached for his hand, stroking it, But Stolas yanked it away. 

 

Stolas, Stols’, I-” 

Don’t you “Stols’” Me right now.”  



Moxie and Millie looked at each other, Loona biting her lips as she kept typing. 



OUTGOING TEXT TO: Via

 

You: Your dads awake. And he’s pissed. 

 

I’ll keep you updated.



 

In the hallway, Blitz finally was able to look Stolas in the face. 

There was a hand on his heart, squeezing it tight as he saw the bandages, the tiredness that was lining his face. 

“What happened last night…” Blitz faltered, “It wasn’t supposed to.” 

Stolas didn’t speak, Blitz rubbing the back of his neck.

“A-and I…I just wanted to…I-” 

 

“So Striker has been planning my demise since the Harvest Moon Festival?” 

 

Blitz dug his claws into the back of his neck, nodding listlessly.

 

“How long ago, Blitz? How long ago was the Harvest Moon Festival?” 

 

Satan, when he puts it like that, it sounds REAL bad. 

 

“Stolas, you need to understand my thought process here-.” 

 

“He could’ve killed us back there, Blitz.” Stolas put a hand on the bandages again, “ I could’ve already been dead all those months ago…And you didn’t think to tell me?” 

 

Blitz still didn’t speak, anything that he would’ve let out now would probably dig him deeper. 

He searched for a way to soothe this, to smooth things over until he could find the right thing to say. Something that would be able to articulate just as sorry he was without actually needing to say it. 

He wanted to reach for Stolas’ hand again, but he’d probably yank back. 

He reserved all the rights to. 

 

I…” Blitz started, but then looked down, “ I didn’t think you’d get hurt like this. I really didn’t. I-...I thought we really had that fucker down.” 

Stolas wasn’t letting up, “ You talked to him like he was some old friend.” 

“Old friend? Stolas, I was about to blow his throat out of his mouth by how hard I was squeezing him-”

W-why did he call you by my nickname?!” 

 

My nickname.

 

Blitz would think that was cute later, but right now, he was fighting for his life. 

 

“You called me that on that damn stage-! He was obviously only trying to provoke you!” 

He didn’t mean for it to come out so bitter, now regretting even saying it as the expression on Stolas’ face broke. 

“T-that may be…but it still doesn’t clear up the fact you deliberately deceived me.” He crossed his arms over himself as if he was cold, but Blitz was sweating bullets. 

“I could’ve been prepared for the danger last night.” Stolas shivered, “ Don’t underestimate me, I happen to be fighting fit!” 

Blitz crossed his arms now, not being able to contain it anymore, “No, No, I don’t think you’re weak-” 

“-Then what?!” He spread his arms open now, Blitz stepping back, “Why else would you try to cover for that murderer?!-” 

“- I WAS SCARED, OKAY?!” 

 

Stolas stilled, Blitz panting wildly. 

 

I was scared, okay?!”

Blitz was bright red, but he might as well say everything now, huh? 

“Wanna know the full story? Fine. You know he played fuckin’ Millie’s folks too, got a nice view of you from their window. And that fuckin’ guy was SECONDS away, do you hear me? Seconds away from blowing your fuckin’ brains out that night.” He was moving towards him, Stolas letting him. 

Do you fuckin’ hear me?!”

“...Blitz-” 

“Seconds. SECONDS.” 

Stolas was covering his face now, Blitz persisting.

 “But Mox and I were able to rough him up just enough. But goddammit, he slipped out that window like the fuckin’ snake he is. Fucked up Millie pretty good.” He finally reached for Stolas, but he kept moving backward, and inevitably into the wall, beginning to slide down.

He made a choking noise, Blitz hooking his arms beneath his armpits so he’d stay upright.

I wouldn’t have let him do that.” Blitz whispered, “ And…I thought by not saying anything would protect you…”  

They were on the ground now, Blitz taking Stolas’ hands gently in his, uncupping them from his face. 

His eyes were glossy, trying so hard to keep the levy from bursting.

The Imps eyes honed in on his bandages, wiping the stray tears away with his thumbs.

But he got you. He got you in your…your pretty fuckin’ face.” 

Stolas watched Blitz’s face, heart failing him.

“You…you did protect me,” His voice bordered on disbelief, his own hands featherlight over Blitz’s own.

Until the very end, you did,” Stolas shook his head, laughing despite his sorry state, “ Oh, but darling, you are quite a fool…!” 

Blitz’s eyes glazed over, concealing pulling Stolas into a hug, up on his knees, “ Dammit…!” 

 

He showed too much. 

 

You did all that for me? E-even when we…?” 

 

Blitz only hugged him closer, but Stolas knew what it meant, happy tears clouding his vision.

 

Heh…My knight in shining armor.” 

 

He seemed to be consoling the Imp now, rubbing his back and reveling in the moment. 

A moment he didn’t imagine would end like this. 

But he was glad it did.

 

 

“Now…” 

 

Blitz finally pulled back, not expecting the rather serious look Stolas now had on his face. 

 

“With that out of the way, perhaps you should fill me in on all that I've missed.” 

Blitz hoped the color was out of his face, scratching his cheek, “Oh, yeah, sure. B-but we’re…we’re cool, right?” 

Stolas clicked his tongue, Leaning down and kissing him. 

Ice cold.” 

Blitz felt the gauze brush his face, but held his chin, holding the kiss for longer.

Nah,” Blitz hummed into his lips, relief washing over him, “You prefer red hot.” 



They forgot they were in a public hallway…

 

.




.




.








Notes:

THEY DID NOT FUCK IN THE HALLWAY ISTG.

 

holy shit.

7000+ reads. You guys are INSANE.
GaaaHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR CONTINUOUS SUPPORT, EVEN THOSE WHO ARE SKIMMING THIS STORY, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!
THIS STORY HAS BECOME MY MAIN PROJECT, SO THE AMOUNT OF LOVE IT IS RECIEVING MAKES ME JUST...IT MAKES MY WORLD GLITTER!
NEW UPDATES WILL BE MORE CONSISTENT, AS I HAVE FOUND A MUCH MORE FLEXIBLE SCHEDULE. <3

LOVE YOU ENDLESSLY!

Chapter 21: It’s Okay.

Notes:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH

hi guys

this was cut in half

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

 

 

.




.




.





Going back to the apartment was nothing short of a deathwish, but Blitz and Loona went back to collect some essentials while they camped out someplace else.

They were for sure not going to intrude on Millie and Mox’s place for another night, Stolas figuring out a more remote place to stay while they…figure things out.

And they couldn’t reveal too much about the happenings, for fear of another article to attract more danger. 

‘Tis but a scratch, heh..” Stolas had joked before waving them goodbye that morning, 

Don’t need any more of these.”

While the two were desensitized to most of the things that had went down that night, it was still a bit unnerving to be there.

“So.” Loona started, the two walking up the stairwell, the night before still fresh in her mind, remembering running up these stairs in a panic just hours before. 

She watched his face, and there was no word other than angry to describe that mug.

“That stupid fuckin’ article.” Blitz growled, “ If that article wasn’t telling ENOUGH of where we were, that’s how that motherfucker found us.” 

Loona crossed her arms, heaving herself to the last step, 

“Well. Maybe.”

Blitz stopped next to her. 

“Are you remembering last night, when you said you had somethin’ to tell me, but didn’t?” Blitz asked, Loona frowning now.

She was about to spill the beans on Via’s truly frightening text message the other day, but decided against it as they arrived at Moxie and Millie’s. 

She didn’t think it was a good idea with all the stuff that was already on their plate. 

“Uh, I dunno. If this is the right situation to be talking about that. Maybe when his royalness is around.” 

Blitz nodded, uncharacteristically understanding, but characteristically lovingly when it came to his daughter.

“Sure.” He said sliding his hand across the guard rail as a means to fidget. 

The air seemed to get all awkward around them as the silence grew, both holding off the inevitable.

Loona rubbed her shoulder, ears turned downwards, 

“…How’d he lose so much blood in his face like that? There was blood all over.” 

Blitz shrugged, “Eh, I mean, most of it was mine. And Striker’s. Hopefully I broke his snout.” 

Disgusting, Loona said, growling at the thought of the fucker who made them that way. 

“What’s crazy is…how his blood was different from yours. Stolas’ blood.” 

Blitz just looked at her, now Loona fidgeted with her phone, the two wondering why they were still standing in the stairwell, and began to walk. 

It really was crazy. 

 

Not just in color, but in quantity…

Blitz’s hands were stained with it, like he had killed Stolas himself. 

 

“So, uh.” Blitz began to walk now, wishing to change the subject off of The bird’s blood.  “The thing...It has something to do with how Striker… really found us, doesn’t it?” 

“Yeah…” Loona said, “Ah…And Via.” 

Blitz was even more interested now, and even a bit more worried, 

“Loony, if you need to, you can just tell me now.” 

Now the text messages flashed in her mind, and the dread washed back up.

“Nah, shut up. But after this, I think we should go check on her.” Loona said almost worriedly, Blitz tilting his head. 

“We’re seeing her today…Oh, shit. We’re seeing her today.” He bit his lips, “Dammit! We don’t even got an apartment to bring her back to! Of course, of course this only happens to me.” 

They entered the apartment, still being as fucked up as it was when they left it. The two of them winced, looking at all the flipped over furniture and broken glass. Bullet holes in the walls and debris all over the floor. 

Blitz turned around now, looking back out into the hallway, Loona didn’t look at him. 

“I’ll get a broom, or some shit.” Loona said subtly, “Don’t take… forever.” 

Blitz worked hard to land them this apartment. 

Now it was ruined.

She started by sweeping up most of the glass so they didn’t end up needing a tetanus shot or something, but sweeping was tedious and she hated it, so she went to the pantry to see if the vacuum survived. 

Thankfully, it did, and she plugged it in, turning around to see Blitz no longer still in the doorway, now somewhere moving about the house. 

She knew that by doing this would fuck up the vacuum,

But she couldn’t think of an other instance they ever used the damn thing.

By the time she’d gathered up all the glass, loudly and crunchily, she wandered into Blitz’s room, where he had gathered some things in a trash bag, two backpacks being packed sat on the bed. 

There was a checklist sitting on the floor next to him, and it seemed to be in Stolas’ handwriting. 

She leaned against the doorframe, trying to remember a moment where Blitz was ever this quiet.

Immediately, she thought of the night-of-the-article, the retreating he had done, the surrendering.

Loona thought she’d be a bit more content with the fact he was…different in this way, that she’d owe a bit to Stolas. 

But the last few days were only bringing problems.

Sure, Moxie and Millie would be carrying out any clients orders while they went under the radar, so there’d still be money in the bank…

But Blitz seemed..

A little different.

There was something eating away in that head on his, which was constant, but now…

It seemed to grow bigger. 

 

“What?” Blitz said, without turning around, he knew she was there, “Loony, you can stop staring, not the first time you’ve seen me bend down and pick up shit. I potty-trained you!” 

“Like hell you did,” she kicked him in the back, Blitz chuckling, coming out as a gasp of breath. 

He inhaled as if he were to say something, but decided against it as he plopped down on his rear, his knees popping as he looked down into the trash bag. 

Probably all the…you know. 

He tied it tight, “let’s not hang back here too long. You got all your shit together?”

Loona nodding to her bag in the living room, 

“Locked down. Looks like you still got some shit to work out.”

“Ha-ha. Very funny, Loony.” Blitz stood up, her words stinging.

Only now, it seemed to be appearing on his face. 

Gone were the days, it seemed, of the cartoonish bounce-back the imp had, his easy deflection.

He was oddly tender, and it was starting to freak Loona out.

“Hey, what’s your deal now?”

“What?”

“You know what I mean.” 

He looked up at her from his spot on the floor, “What’s that supposed to mean?”

Now, when It came to explaining, Loona was… shit. 

She vocalized for a bit, trying to figure out how to articulate, but the only way she really knew was to be blunt if it was going to come out of her mouth at all.

“You know, ever since the article came out, you’ve been…like, however you were when you and Moxxie got high that one time in the human world, you know?”

Blitz frowned, trying to figure out what she was referring to, but then glared, “The…? The time when those bootleg demon hunters made us spill our arteries and junk? Ugh, just thinking about it makes me want to take a shit…” The imp covered his mouth, then yelled as his brain registered the sentence.

“The fuck?! What kinda comparison is that, Loona?”

She shrugged, “I don’t fucking know! I’m asking you!”

 “Am I not allowed to feel anything or some shit? Stolas got knifed in the motherfucking face and almost bled out right where we’re sitting.” He gestured, the blood had been long scrubbed clean, but the room still smelled faint of it.

“I don’t know?! You’re just different, whatever!” She kicked him again, Blitz rolling over, but got to his feet. 

“Different? Sweetheart I got more badassery left in this tank for the both of us! I just decided…!” He looked around, 

“…I decided I was gonna be honest and…nice..!”

Loona thought she’d be mad.

Disgusted.

 

 

Involuntarily, her tail began to wave from side to side, and Blitz almost tackled her.

 

AWWW, LOONA, ARE YOU HAPPY FOR DADDY?” 

“GAAAHHHHH GET OFF OF ME!!!”

“WHO'S A GOOD GIRL? LOONY IS!”

I’M GOING TO FUCK YOU UP-“

 

.



.



.



Stolas drew the curtains shut, the hotel now shrouded in darkness. 

Shrouded from the rest of hell more like. 

He stretched his arms tiredly, seeing the floor length mirror near the dresser.

Quick to cast one of the complimentary towels over it. 

He didn’t wish to see himself just yet. 

“Thank the stars for online booking,” He said to himself, “That way I could just go right up to the room!” 

He flopped onto the bed, flicking his hand through the air to manipulate his magic. 

Putting pen to paper, he began to talk as he wrote.

Two rooms, room 333 and 222. Close range in case of emergencies, but the young ladies will be less likely to be found first if something were to happen…” Stolas arranged two hotel rooms, assuming his daughter and Blitz’ own would appreciate more privacy. 

I opted for no house-keeping, lest we attract more attention than necessary.” He wrote, “But…we can still get room service, I expect you would appreciate that.” Stolas chuckled to himself, “...We could use the pool too, if you wish, though I'm not a very strong swimmer.” 

The clock on his phone chimed, or, rather his alarm rang, and he sat up, placing the notepad down and on top of one of the pillows, so that Blitz would be able to find it when he arrived. 

They weren’t back yet, though the alarm was going off…

“No need to get too worried…” He said to himself, and began texting quickly.

 

OUTGOING MESSAGE TO: Blitz<3

 

You: Are you on your way?

 

In mere moments, Blitz was already typing, Stolas rolling over on his stomach, crossing his heels together and bouncing eagerly like a swooning schoolgirl.

It had been a while since he’d done that.

 

Blitz<3: Jus wrappn up 😛

 

Stolas cooed, Oh how he found Blitz’s texts so charming! He didn’t care for the amount of spelling errors. Thank you, Typoglycemia!

 

You: Excellent, forwarding the key now!~

 

Blitz<3: almst tim 2 get vivi 

 

“Vivi..?” Stolas echoed, but then smiled and laughed despite being completely alone.

 

You: *ATTACHED LINK* I’ll go ahead and get her myself, Portalling is much more efficient. Save your gas! 

 

With another giggle, he typed more.

 

You: your nicknames are so adorable, Blitzy.

 

Blitz is typing…

 

He typed for a few beats longer, Stolas getting a tad worried, but he was sure enough to reply back.

 

Blitz<3: ik u lov nicknms stollypop. 🍭 🍭 xddd rofl

 

Stolas could’ve mistaken it for gibberish, but he just laughed and got up, wishing he could see the look on the imps face. 

 

You: See you in a moment, Blitzy-pop! ♥️

 

Blitz<3: I sad it bettr !!!!!



He slipped his phone into his pocket, running a hand through his hair and straightening out any wrinkles in his dress shirt and slacks. 

 

He’d be collecting his daughter, and then he’d be back here.

 

If Andrealphus was good for anything, it would be that he lived in a remote area…

 

No lurker like Striker would be able to find him there.

 

 

He’d be fine.



.




.





.
























Notes:

Enjoy the cliffhanger<3

Let me know ur thoughts, lmk if there are any big errors I need to fix, and have a wonderful day/night!

The full moon is in 2 days, next update then? ;)

Chapter 22: Shit Is Hitting The Fan!

Notes:

heeeey....

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

 

.




.





.













Striker settled angrily into the back of the taxi, the driver looking back at him quickly. 

He didn’t comment on the blood, or the way his nose supplied more to coat down his face and neck. 

“Where to?”

Striker rummaged into his pocket, looking over the note sprawled onto a napkin.

He couldn’t read it anymore, his eyes still crazy and beating as if they grew a heartbeat. 

“Just take it.” Striker handed it to him, and the driver just sighed, looking it over, and tossed it to the side. 

“Just don’t get any blood on my ultra-suede.” And off they went. 

Striker looked over at the rifle, gleaming a bit from the inside of its carrier. 

He had hastily repacked it after barely escaping those two fuckin’ freaks.

He was fuming, having been so shaken by the two of them.

 

The bastard didn’t even shoot him…

 

I mean, he knew he wouldn’t have, he was like silly putty after he started mentioning…

 

Ah. 

 

So he really thinks he loves him.” Striker mumbled to himself, taking his knife out of his boot.

He couldn’t help but marvel at the blood.

 

Royal blood. 

 

He closed his eyes and saw his expression as soon as he struck him.

 

Eyes wide, not even knowing what had happened.

 

How did it feel, you elite asshat? You’ve been bested by a bottomfeeder. 

 

Striker didn’t even realize he was running his hand across the blade until he felt a sting. 

 

He shook his head, remembering it’d ended…not at all in his favor.

 

Feeling the abrasions on his own neck, where the other bottomfeeder had tried to strangle him.

 

They made quite the pair, didn’t they?



 

The swan wasn’t going to be happy. 



Now, he was looking over at the driver.

 

“Say, do ya got a phone I can use?” 

The driver tossed a fossil at him, “Better not call any of them rentboys, I’ve had enough of thems callin’ me back after.” 

 Striker smirked a bit, way to blame that on your lovely patrons, sir. 

He typed quickly, inhaling sharply before putting the phone to his ear. 

She couldn't have been too busy, could she? 

 

 

 

 

 

.




.




.


Andrealphus watched Octavia walk down the stairs, accompanied by 2 Imp Servants with her bags. 

Not even her mother had emerged from her chambers for the morning, and...perhaps that was a good thing?

He regarded her worriedly, but tried not to show it, clearing his throat and smiling. 

"Tavi? You didn't join us for your last dinner in my residence." 

His niece didn't even bother answering, crossing her arms and camping herself out on the couch. 

"Dad will be here any minute, it doesn't matter what you say to me." Octavia pushed her bangs further around her eyes, she didn't want the puffiness of them visible.

But Andrealphus knew her woe, He had perpetuated it. 

"I...Well." He searched for anything other than an apology, his hands pantomiming in the air. 

"Your mother is...displeased." 

"You think?" 

This was going nowhere, the Marquis running out of options. 

Everyone was now aware of what was conspiring. 

 

Someone just had to be the one to let it out in the open. 

 

Octavia's leg bounced uncomfortably, averting her gaze. 

"Of course you'd help her." She whispered, "But can you at least answer me one question, Uncle Andre?" 

 

Andrealphus walked towards her, looking down at her, "...Of course." 

 

Octavia looked up, having no care left to wipe the tear that rolled down her cheek.

She opened her mouth, but then shut it again, Andrealphus' own expression breaking with hers in silent understanding. 

 

The young girl probably saw him a villain, and enemy who wished for her downfall.

 

But all he saw was his niece. 

 

Terrified. 

 

Even without talking, he knew what she was asking.

 

 

 

...

 

Are you going to let her kill me?

 

.

 

 

 

.

 

 

 

.

 

 

“Damn, he really picked a place to hide out, it’s like 2 hours out of the city.” Loona commented, Blitz palming the steering wheel, a coffee in the other hand. 

“Stolas feels like shit for gettin’ us into this, he’s just being extra thorough.” Blitz said, “Besides, its supposedly a real nice hotel.”

Loona looked at the location, inputting it into her own phone to check out the photos of it.

“Kinda uppity.” 

“Nahh, if it was uppity I wouldn’t have approved it.” Blitz took a sip, “I’m here to integrate Stolas into trash, commoner, society. No more uppity shit!” 

Loona look at the reviews, but went back to her Sinstagram, “Right…” 

As they made a turn, The phone began to ring, Millie’s icon appearing on the screen.

“Fuck, Loony, could ya get that?” 

The hellhound pressed the green button, Blitz bellowing.

HELLO? MILLS?” 

“Blitz, you don’t need to fuckin’ scream, she can hear you.” 

Millie laughed, “ Yeah! Hey, guys! Just checkin’ in, Moxxie’s been real worried.” 

“I have not!” Moxie’s voice heard in the background, Blitz smiling fondly.

AWW, THANKS GUYS! HEADIN’ OVER TO THE HOTEL RIGHT NOW, I’LL DROP THE ADDY IN LIKE, UH, AN HOUR.”
“Blitz shut the fuck up, and don’t ever say addy again…” Loona covered her ears, Millie chuckling uncomfortably.

How’s Stolas? Yall talk it out?” 

“Yep! Yep, yep…He’s heading over to pick up Via right now, but things are-”

“WHAT!?” 

Blitz almost swerved the car at his daughter's sudden exclamation, 

Woahh, and she told me not to scream!” 

Loona grabbed the phone, canceling the call.

Loona?!-” Blitz exclaimed now, Loona turning off the music along with it too.

“You mean he’s going to get her. Now?” 

Blitz blinked, “...Yeah? Did I stutter or something?” 

There was fear in her eyes that made Blitz’s spines start to rise. 

“...First,” Loona said, “ I should’ve just said this earlier.” 

Blitz was barely paying attention to the road, opting to pull over in a TruckStop just overhead. 

“Young lady, you’re going to spill your fucking guts right now.” Blitz said, “So you don't have to le arn this the hard way.” 

 

But Loona leaned over, touching the steering wheel,

“No, Blitz, don’t stop driving.” She bit her lip, “ Fuck.” 

 

Blitz looked from her, to the steering wheel, and then continued down the road. 

 

Loona pulled up the text messages on her phone, 

 

The ones she had sent after not even read yet. 

 

 

If she had known Stolas was going there, she wouldn’t have bothered with keeping it a secret. 

 

“... You think we could change the route? Because, Uh, after this you might want to meet him there.” 

 

Blitz already had…a sneaking suspicion on what that meant. 

 

He looked out onto the road,

 

“Put it into the GPS, then don’t stop talking until I know everything.” 

 

Loona nodded, reading over the text messages. 

 

And suddenly, they were accelerating. 



He fucked up once.



He wasn’t fucking up again. 



Loona was saying his name, but he wasn’t responding. 

She wasn’t about to grab him, but she found herself apologizing.

 

Blitz, if you kill her-”

 

Blitz looked at her then, then back out into the road. 

 

Nah, I’m not gonna kill her, sweetheart.” 

 



We’re just going to talk. 

 

.




.




.




 

Notes:

short little thing to get the ball rolling for an extra THICK ACTION PACT CHAPTER UNDERWAY!!!

Sorry it's like...such a quick read, but it's setting up for probs my fave chapter so far, so please bear with this for the time being.

Love you all! Happy Full Moon! <3

Chapter 23: Bitter Reunion.

Summary:

Stolas goes to get Octavia.

But something is Wrong. Very wrong.

Notes:

Hey.

This was a doozy.

idk if i need a tw for this, but it gets kind of intense, so pls be a bit careful.

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

 

.




.




.






















Andrealphus didn’t speak, he never felt so speechless in… in years.

 

The only time he’s ever this quiet is when he’s sleeping. 

 

Octavia could sense this, although she didn’t truly trust it, breaking their gaze. 

The servants didn’t speak, only merely putting the luggage by the door and walking away, they knew they were witnessing something they shouldn’t. 

 

“...’Tavi, I…” Andrealphus started, blowing out a gust of air, folding his hands over one another. 

 

“Well…? Uh…?? I…???” 

 

Dark Gods, this was simply pathetic.

 

How was he supposed to tell this girl her father could very well be already dead at this moment? 

 

Well, he wasn’t one to put all his faith in one Imp Assassin, but judging by the radio silence…

 

Suddenly, Andrealphus remembered, as if he didn’t do it himself, that the network seemed to be broken!

 

“Right! Silly me, there’s simply no connection here!” He snapped his fingers, and Imp practically on standby. 

Octavia watched the Imp run to the back, with an added 5 minutes of Andrealphus tapping his talons impatiently, and then suddenly.

 

Ding!

 

DING! DING! DING! DING! 

 

Every single notification she’d missed came running back like a stampede of monotonous clicks. 

 

She glared at him, Andrealphus just shrugging. 

 

“The least I could do after…you know?” 

 

“No, Uncle. In fact, I wish I didn’t.” She grabbed her phone and looked over the text messages, tears once again springing in her eyes at Loona’s follow-up messages.

 

they were all okay.

 

All okay.

 

She hid her excitement, and she could tell Andrealphus wanted in, but Via was quick to shut the phone off once he craned his head over to take a peek.

 

“Right, right…” He just said quietly, and clapped his hands together. 

 

“He should be here a-any moment then!” Andrealphus then felt a pang of excitement.

 

The old Owl was alive and breathing, Stella would be displeased…

 

…And him, even more so! Once he finds out what Tavi most definitely will spill…

 

To this, Andrealphus was content, not just at the fact Stella would probably be absolutely gutted by this, but…

A tad bit content for his niece in a way.

He wasn’t sure what was happening to himself, but seeing the relief washing over her at that moment made a little of his being feel for her.

As much as he’d like to be cold…



A distant memory played in the background of his mind, remembering a dark hallway and a suitcase beneath his own mothers arm…

 

My Lordship…Uh…Prince? Stolas is here?”  Thankfully, another servant was quick to pull him away from a dark, dark, trip down memory lane, seeing a portal appear just outside the door.

“Oh! And do not call him that, he’s more of a court jester now, right Tavi?-“ He was about to reach out to Octavia, but she was already sprinting to the exit.

 

Get me out.

 

Get me out.

 

GET. ME. OUT. 

 



Dad!” Octavia yelled out to him, the sun blinding her temporarily, only making out her fathers silhouette as the portal closed behind him. 

His back was still turned to her when she bounded towards him, heart almost beating itself out of her chest.

Oof-! Via!” practically knocking the two of them over, Her father laughed heartily, hugging her tightly, and almost even picking her all the way up. 

Forever his little owlet…

 

He was speaking, probably telling her to relax, but it was as if bugs were flying around in her head. 

 

For 7 hours, she assumed the worst. 

 

But he was here. 



“H-hey now, darling, I only saw you the other day…?” 

“I-i know, but-” She finally looked up at his face, and her expression broke.

 




She had never seen anything like this before.

 

At least on her father. 

 

Stolas’ expression faded too, concerned and alarmed, and also dreadfully self conscious.

 

“…ah…is it really that alarming?” He smiled wearily, but this smile faded, Via practically going limp in his arms. 

She grabbed his face, pupils small pinpricks of white in her eyes. 

 

N-no…” she whispered, mumbling something incoherent. 

Do not be afraid, Via, it’s only a-“

“No, no…” She kept repeating.

It didn’t seem to be about the bandages any more, the panic that was quite literally making her freeze in his arms. 

 

What is it, what’s wrong, Octavia?” He whispered back, her hands shaking as she pressed them to his face, bidding him to crouch lower. 

 

They…they really came for you…” she said slowly, as if someone was listening in. 

As if whoever she was referring to was just nearby.

 

A fiery panic lit Stolas up. 

 

He took her up with him cautiously. 

 

Who, my dear? D-do you know who has done this to me?” Stolas knew he needed to keep a level-head, because any more panicking, and they’d both break into a million pieces. 

Octavia took a gulp of air, Loona hadn’t told him. 

 

Can you not tell me, Via?” He whispered, somehow forgetting they were still standing in Andrealphus’ yard. 

She shook her head, about to speak, but she froze again, the door swinging open. 

 

Octavia, are you not going to say goodbye to your mother?” 

 

 

Octavia!” 



Stolas’ eyes left Via’s for a mere moment, to look at the Swan-demon who was standing on the steps now, but even that made her cower and cling tighter to him. 

 

Stella crossed her arms, realizing who was standing before her.

 

“…Wasn’t a hellhound supposed to escort you?”

 

“Hm. You seem surprised to see me.” Stolas said, which made his daughter make a small noise. 

How ironic. 

He was looking back down at Octavia now, his heart breaking at even the sight of her.

Why in hell was she so… ?

Stella didn’t acknowledge him, only glaring, “ Octavia.” 

The Owlet didn’t let go, Stolas looking from her, to Stella, petting her head slowly as a means to soothe her.  “ You don’t have to, my owlet, if you do not wish to.” 

It helped a little, Via shaking her head, Stella now walking down the steps.

But with each step she took, Via cowered more, abandoning the little soothing she gained. 

“Well, that isn’t a way to treat the woman who raised you! Aw, you poor thing.” Stella opened her arms, but Via was already standing behind Stolas, clinging to his shirt like a girl… half her age.

This was strange.

This was too strange. 

“She doesn’t want to, can’t you see?” Stolas said, but wasn’t trying to be the least bit instigative, 

“Let’s just go, come along now, darling…” 

That’s all she wanted right now, to leave with him.

And hopefully never have to come back here. 

Stella moved closer again, Stolas lifting his arm to shield his daughter from her.

Stella took offense to this, gasping as he shook his head. 

“Stella, she said she does not want to.” 

The Swan-demon' mind bid her to believe it was all Stolas' doing.

A little girl could not bat against me. She's my daughter.

She couldn't possibly...

“Well, Octavia cannot even look at me, because you’re standing in front of her! Move, you-” 

He raised his hand now, tone sharper, “ Don’t. Touch me either.” 

She sneered, rolling her eyes and retracting her hand from him.

“Fine.” 

He stood his ground, looking back at his daughter, her expression was too…

...It was something more than just simply missing him.

What had happened?

Via shook her head again, not even wanting to speak, 

She seemed scared to even let that woman hear her. 

Stella let out a hum, yet it still sounded shrill and blether-like. 

“...Whatever happened to your face, Stolas?” 

Via became increasingly more annoyed to accompany her fright, The woman knew what she had done!

He put his arm back near his side, “Why does it matter to you?” 

“Well, perhaps I should’ve looked more closely into wherever you’re bringing my daughter! What am I to do if she comes back with such hideous contusions?!” She gestured to his face with a look on her own that was as if she had stepped in dogshit. 

Via hated her more, and more.

“I assure you, I have it under control.” Stolas was stepping back once again, but Stella was only advancing.

“Well then, might I ask then, Stolas? Wherever did you get those…?” She was finding any opening to sink her beak into, still seeming to find just where to pierce him.

The younger demon looked up at her Father, and as much as he tried to seem not bothered by her belittling…

It was clear as day that it was unraveling something that he bid to cast aside.

 

Octavia needed to speak now, she couldn’t exactly take this anymore.

 

Her father had been smeared enough for the week, and perhaps forever. 

 

“Just stop already, okay? I was with you all week! Y-you could’ve spoken to me then!” Via tripped over her words, but if she went back to collect them, she’d only start blubbering.

Stella put a hand to her chest, frowning.

“But can you at least say goodbye to me, sweetheart?” 

...

 

Sweetheart, she said.

 

That’s exactly what you called me before kicking me out of your room to booty-call the Assassin you hired to murder my father. 

 

When Octavia didn’t speak more, she could only whisper.

Please, Dad, let’s go.” 

Stolas nodded, but not before shooting a look towards his ex-wife. “Of course, Via.” 

...

 

That look of defiance was a vital mistake.

 

It took half of Stella’s temperament to not lunge at Stolas the minute she saw him standing in the courtyard.

With only some bandages on his face.

 

Eyes in flames, she forgot Stolas’ warning. 

 

“Oh, Satan, Stolas, of course! You’ve already turned her against me-!” She reached out for Via’s arm, grabbing it and tried yanking her towards her.

"Stella-!" 

"...!" 

 

 

...

 

.....

 

 

 

 

 

Via was screaming before she realized her mouth was open, feeling herself struggling.

 

Her wrist was caged in a tight, pointy lock…

 

Her brain was fuzzing in and out…

 

Memories were clumping together. 

 

Her eyes were closed, but the insides of her eyelids were bursting with light.

 

And by the time she grounded herself again, her throat was hoarse and burning…






How exactly long had she been screaming? 



.






.







.





Notes:

honestly, this was really fun to write. I wanted to make it longer, but the tone would be very off, and I think it will flow much better if I didn't continue, and ended it here.

Next chapter will be out as soon as I can finish it.

Leave your thoughts down below! <3 thank you for your support.

AND WTF 8000 ALREADY JUST A FEW DAYS AGO I WAS THANKING YOU ALL FOR 7000, YOU GUYS ARE INSANE-

Chapter 24: I'm About To Lose My Way.

Notes:

idk

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

 

.






.







.



Practically burning rubber.

 

Whatever cars were in front of them, Blitz swerved past them with animalistic purpose.

Loona gripped the overhead handle tightly, her teeth gritted and eyes locked on the road ahead.

All she could think of were…

  

 

Go. go. Go. go. Go. go. Go. go.

 

GO.

 

 

GO.

 

It would’ve been too nice if Blitz said he wasn’t a tiny bit mad at Loona.

 

“Move, Asshole-!” 

 

But she only did what she knew to do.

 

“Some of these assholes shouldn’t even have a fucking license…!” 

 

Octavia and Loona were only trying to protect them.

 

“Fuck, fuck, Blitz-! If we get clipped, we’re done-!” 

 

In the ways Stolas and himself always have.

 

And that?

 

That he could forgive. 



 

But he’d never forgive himself if he just handed Stolas over on a silver platter to that…

 

That…



Loona’s eyes darted upwards, nodding her head towards a wooded area on the horizon.

 

“There.” She said, looking at him.

 

“Take a right here.” 

 

 

His gun gleaned from its spot on the dashboard.

 

.







.









.




Some staff had run out to see what was going on.

 

But Andrealphus, waiting by the window, told them to stand down.

 

This wasn’t their place to interfere…

 

Octavia didn’t realize her cries were being muffled, sobbing into the fabric of Stolas’ shirt, who was on the ground with her, hugging her close and bidding for her to get back to her feet.

She couldn’t make heads or tails of where her feet were…

 

Their voices sounded far away, ears filled with water, being emptied from her eyes.

 

Stella looked alarmed, looking at her arm with shock. 

Via, in an attempt to get away, had scratched her down her forearm. 

Fighting back seemed to surprise her.

There were little specks of blood in her feathers, looking from her arm to the other two, now getting back to their feet as Stolas tried to make sense of what was happening.

Via’s sobs overwhelmed him, tears blurring his own vision as he whispered apologies into her feathers. 

 

It wasn’t supposed to be like this. 

 

Oh, Via…!” He said to her, looking back up at Stella with a rage that begged to be released. 

“She told you she didn’t wish to be touched, and you grabbed her like that…!” 

“I…! have not the funniest idea why my daughter is acting this way!” She was quick to defend herself, not bothering with an apology she couldn’t make. Stolas shook his head.

“Don’t come any closer, Stella, or so help me…!” He didn’t care if he had to work with speculation, but if  anything,  this woman had done to his daughter to make her so frightened….

 

“Don’t you ever touch her again.”



He’d find out. 

 

Now.

 

He was panting, lifting his daughter up and cradling her close as he did when she was frightened by night terrors.

 

He was shielding her from a living nightmare before them, steadying his breath and lowering his gaze at Stella. 



“What…What have you done…?” 

 

Stella tilted her head, looking somewhat surprised at the nerve he had to ask that.

 

“What did you say?” 

 

What have you done to my daughter?” He wasn’t closing their distance anytime soon, but he wanted this woman to cower as if he held a hand to her.

 

“Can you not speak anymore? Have you lost your ability to open your mouth all of a sudden? It is a simple question…!” He held the back of Via’s head, trying not to frighten her as much as she already was. 

As Stella looked around, 

 

“What makes you think I’ve done anything to her? Who do you think I am…?”

 

 

If he could, he would’ve laughed. 

Who does this woman think she is?

 

He pets Via’s head again, his own silent apology, that whispered…



Please forgive me, Via.

 

 

But I'm about to lose my way. 

 

“I…! I haven’t done anything.” Stella showed her hands, as if cleaned of blood. 

“All i’ve done was stay out of trouble… a-after you left me and that girl to ruin…!” 

“Ruin?” Stolas echoed, looking back at Andrealphus’ estate, “... this is ruin?” 

Stella needed to control herself, fury radiating from her. 

“Perhaps you should just leave now since she seems to be sick of this already.” Stella crossed her arms, 

“How ungrateful-” 

“- Don’t. Even. Address her.” Stolas pointed at the other woman now, “I don’t care what you say to me, what you do to me.” His face itched from beneath the bandages, B-but If I find you have laid hands on my daughter? I promise you, you won’t hear the end of it.” 

“Y-you’re quick to blame me, you…!”

“I’m not the one who she cannot even look at, am I? So I would advise you to hold your tongue.” 

Stella’s eyes were wild now, but Stolas’ even more so, Via able to feel the rapid beating of his heart in cadence with her own. 

While the edge didn’t wear, she knew her father was being strong for her. 

And that made her braver. 

She finally choked out a plea, “ Dad…” 

Stolas felt her cling tighter to his neck, shirt damp and salty, pressing a peck to the side of her head. 

Don’t fret. I have you.” 

He glared fiercely at the woman before him, not even bothering to look at her brother’s servants on stand-by, barely batting an eye to the Marquis who was watching idly through the window. 

He knew, not even Andrealphus was stupid enough to step in. 

 

 

Stella was frozen where she stood, 

“…You have the wrong idea .” She started, Stolas’ pupils little dots of light. 

“Well, then, what shall I make of this? My daughter is reduced to tears at the very sight of you, and you have the gall to grab her in such a way…!” Just repeating it made him seethe in anger, but he knew that whatever he did, he…

 

Ring! Ring!

 

His phone rumbled in his pocket.

 

Stella looked at the flashing light, looking back at him with a subtle relief in her eyes.

Well? Answer it.” 

 

Stolas’ guard still on red alert, he fished his phone out slowly.

 

Blitz’ photo on the screen, his heart skipping.

He was probably worried about where they were, 

What might have happened. 

 

He answered it, still staring back at the other woman.

 

Yes?” 

 

There was struggling, and honking of a car horn.

 

 

Stella was looking beyond them now, eyes squinting.

 

What the bloody ‘ell is that?” 

“Blitz, you need to speak clearly, or else I cannot hear you…” Stolas spoke quietly, Via lifting her head, able to hear the phone. 

Suddenly, a loud crash could be heard….

 

But not just from the phone.

 

The Imp seemed to be closer than he thought.




Stolas, get the fuck out of there before I run my fucking van through this goddamn gate!” 




Stolas turned his head, and sure enough, that van was practically pressed up against that opulent fence, Blitz out of the car and grasping the bars with a rage in his face, abandoning the phone.

The owl-demon lowered the phone, seeing Blitz lock eyes with the woman beyond him, which ultimately made him realize she still hadn’t answered any of his questions. 

He turned back to her, about to lay in on her once more, but Stella had a funny expression on her face, suddenly hiking up her dress and steering herself in the opposite direction.

“Well, there’s your ride. No hard feelings, right, Stolas?” 

“Stella, we’re not-!” 

Stella was already running back towards the house before Stolas whipped his head back around to face her. Via was pointing towards the gate behind them. 

Loona’s voice was now heard, calling out to the two. 

 

Stolas wanted to run after Stella, which sounded crazy, but he wanted to know. 

 

He wanted to figure it all out, then and there, so he didn’t need to ever return.

 

The gate didn’t budge, one of Andrealphus’ staff not letting the other two pass. 

 

It’s Loona , Loona’s there too..! Oh, satan-“  Octavia stayed clung to her father, and fuck, it was now all embarrasing.

She didn’t want Loona seeing her like this…!
Blitz shook the gate a couple more times before Loona was out of the van as well, The Imp hoisting himself up onto the hood of the damn thing and hopping the fence to the Guard’s dismay. 

 

Hey!” He called out to him, a man on a mission.

In that moment, 

It looked as if the Imp was moving through mud, watching him run towards him. 

In a time that Stolas felt so confused, angry… betrayed.

 

Shameful that he allowed his daughter to be disrespected like that by someone that was meant to protect her.

 

Blitz was running towards him, to aid him.

 

Wanting to protect him too. 

 

The midmorning sun lit Blitz up as he ran up to them, saying something Stolas’ ears didn’t allow him to hear, adrenaline ruling his mind. 

Stolas looked back at him through his fury and anger.





…And it began to melt.  



Stolas!” 

 

.





.





.




Notes:

im very tired

idk what to put here

things are getting pretty intense!

Chapter 25: No Words Left.

Notes:

well.
i don't quite know how I feel about this.

but they all need a break.

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

.





.





.





Blitz didn’t exactly know what he expected to see when he arrived. 

He knew not to expect the worse, but to be aware that it was possible. 

 

However, a feeling of relief resigned in the pit of his stomach, seeing Stolas standing just close-by.

As he called his name, he looked towards him, surprised.

And presumably feeling the same wash of relief within, seen in his eyes.

But Blitz was untrusting of this thankfulness, as Via was nestled in Stolas’ arms, tears running down her face.  

 

He ran towards them, regarding Via with worry as he looked past them, but Stella had already retreated.



“You’re here, and so fast…” Stolas said, his head reeling. 

Blitz watched his face, never seeing such a look on him before. 

He was panting, putting his hands on his knees and dry-heaving, Stolas now appearing surprised.

“W-what…? What is it?” Blitz looked back at the gate, then back at Stolas. 

“You see me jumping over shit all the time, what?!” 

Stolas just…stared, appalled and impressed.

Via balled some of Stolas’ shirt into her hand, tugging.

Dad, I…” 

Shh, It’s alright.” Stolas said to her again, Blitz lifting his head up to look at the girl more closely.  

“Did she hurt her?” Blitz ghosted his hands over Stolas’ arms, Via looking down at him, face pressed against Stolas’ shoulder.

She gave her a fright, trying to grab her…that…” Stolas’ vision was blurry and flushed with adrenaline, Blitz taking in the crazy look.

This only made crazy feelings turn crazier.

She hurt the kid.

Her kid?

Oh…

Oh, she’s dead.

 

 Blitz opened his coat, “That…!”

 

 Stolas puts a hand on Blitz’ shoulder instinctively, his hand was warm, comfort fleeting. 

 

No. ” Stolas said, Via seeing it, merely seeing it, looking away with remission.

 

Another loud bang was heard, and Loona howled from her spot still behind the gate.

 

“Just get over here!” She screamed, the hellhound guarding ducking in the booth near the gate.

“It’s…It’s just not worth it, d-don’t do this in front of her anymore!” She directed that toward Blitz more than anything, understanding his intentions. 



Stolas squeezed his eyes shut, a dark look crossing over his face. 

 

Keeping the want to take that gun and finish Stella off himself at bay. 

 

He pushed the thoughts to the back of his mind, he couldn’t let them make him lose sight of Via’s well-being.

She couldn’t be here anymore, in this awful place.

 

“It’s enough, Blitz.” he said, Blitz gesturing to the house.

 

“No, I-” He gripped the pistol from within his coat, “ I need to..!” 

 

Another panic shot through Via, and she began to cry again, and that cut both of the men. 

Via herself doesn’t quite understand the need to cry more, but all she knew was that she didn’t want to remain here… even if it meant that Blitz was going to try and end the thing they were running from. 

She couldn’t bear it; not now, at least. 

 

Loona rapped her knuckles on the gate, hearing her cries, “ Via! It’s okay!” 

“You hear that, Via? You’re okay, my darling…” Stolas’ voice somehow, beneath the layering of discontempt, was still maintaining softness and comfort. 

He hummed, stroking her head as he began to move towards the gate, looking back at Blitz.

Pleading. 

Not for his sake, but for Via’s, and he knew Blitz would understand.

But Blitz was torn, looking from the house, back to Stolas, who was more than ready to leave angry, than stay and watch his daughter break. 

 

It seemed he still,

Didn’t know.

 

For Via’s, and Stolas’ sake…

 

Blitz left by his side, dragging his feet, but he understood how hard this was for the other man to do alone.

 

But he wouldn’t need to be anymore. 

 

Blitz offered his hand, and Stolas took it with appreciation. 



He’d be back.



.





.





.



Stolas outdid himself with that portal, vast and big enough to cram their beat-up van through and get them to the hotel with less hassle. 

However, even whilst in front of the hotel, the 4 remained inside the van.

Stolas was panicky and jittery inside, still protectively cradling Via from the backseat.

Via herself was withdrawn, close by his side and covering her face as if the sun scared her.

Most of the fear had departed and gone numb, now this was embarrassment from letting herself act like that…

Over Stella.

 

Loona could tell she was embarrassed, even when things seemed to loosen, she stayed silent.

In the silence, Loona finally turned in her seat, Blitz watching as she did so.

In turn, she didn’t say anything either, but the look Loona gave Via was enough to convey what she felt inside.

The younger girl looked back at her, and a sense of courage came from her now.

Loona gave a hopeful smile, as Stolas held her hand as she dusted herself off, rubbing her eyes and letting out a long breath.

Loona knew it’d be no use to ask her how she felt, knowing there was not enough sense to make it out.

 Via, however, cleared her throat.

“Hey, Loona.” she finally said, voice gravelly and choked from crying. 

“Thanks…for coming to get me.” 

“Rescue,” more like,  she added silently to herself, the hellhound nodding her head coolly.

“No probs,” care-free and un-serious as ever, 

“Back to reality.” Loona tried, Via giving a smile. 

“Seems so.” 

Stolas and Blitz watched fondly, enjoying their quiet reunion. 

Now, Stolas caught the Imp’s eyes, Blitz locked in.

Ah, or perhaps Stolas finally noticed how caught he was in Blitz’s view.

Blitz leaned into the steering wheel, almost intensely trying to bore his gaze into him.

There were wild thoughts in his brain, wishing to blurt out all the awful things he’d learned.

The awful ways he wished to end it all. 

“Well! No use standing in the parking lot.” Blitz announced, making everyone jump at his sudden voices’ arrival, “Damn, It’s only 3 o’ clock, and i’m already exhausted.” 

Stolas looked down at Via, “Well, perhaps we all should go in now, it was quite exhausting.” 

The girls gave a collective nod, and Blitz unlocked the doors, beginning to get out. 

Stolas stepped out first, Octavia close behind. 

“Come along, Via.” Stolas held out his hand, hoping his scope of the area wasn’t too obvious.

But he wasn’t taking any chances. 

Via took his hand, smiling at his efforts.

Blitz on the other hand, was not at all subtle, even going as far as looking up in trees and even tried kicking over a trash can to see if anyone was lurking.

Loona smacked him, gaining a laugh out of Octavia.

With the luggage in tow, they entered the actual working elevator, Loona whistling.

“Damn! We’re living large now.” Blitz jokes, Stolas nodding with a little grin that he hoped didn’t seem too strained.

They were silent, too silent. 

Stolas didn’t want it to be quiet, he needed to be talking, and figuring out what exactly was happening. 

 

Because there was so much happening to him…that apparently everyone but him was aware about. 

 

“Via, if you wish to talk now…” Stolas rubbed his thumb over Octavia’s palm, 

“About…” 

Octavia’s mouth dried, shrinking. 

“Uh…dad, I…” 

Ding! 4th floor, the little voice in the elevator chimed, and the doors opened. 

Stolas was still looking at Octavia, Loona lifting her hand and waving. 

“Maybe not now, right?” 

Octavia looked at Loona, nodding slowly, “Yeah…it’s…it’s-” 

“-I got it,” Loona said knowingly, Stolas looking at the two of them with a flutter in his heart.

“Huh…You know Via well, Loona.” 

The hellhound smiled, “Ought to.” 

Via was stepping away from Stolas’ side, but was still connected by their hands. 

They seemed scared to part so soon, and felt as if they almost lost each other. 

Stolas followed her a bit, his daughter smiling a bit and hugged him again.

“We’ll meet up later, Dad.” she spoke quietly, “I’ll be okay…just got freaked out.” 

 Loona and Blitz looking between themselves, the sentimentality rubbing off on the two of them as well.

Blitz opened his arms, lips trembling pompously and over exaggerated. 

Looooony.” He muttered out, Loona rolling her eyes and lazily draping an arm over him, Blitz’s heart singing.

This act of mercy was only due to the fact that Loona understood the circumstances. 

 

Heavy shit just went down.

 

When they all parted, Loona picked up one of Via’s bags for her, Via pulling a suitcase behind her.

“Now go chill out, both of you.” Loona reassured, “We’ll be good.” 

Stolas clasped his hands together worriedly, “Alright.” 

Via waved to him, and they began to walk, Loona giving Blitz a head nod and following the younger demon to their room down the hall.

Left alone, with only the sounds of the building and the slight flicker of the lights, Stolas and Blitz watched their girls disappear out of sight.

They waited for the familiar click of the door, and the sound of the lock, and they both exhaled, as if they were racing for the certainty of their daughter’s safety with their own breaths. 

The elevator closed, taking them a floor lower, and quick as a whip, they were standing before their temporary home. 

Stolas turned, beginning to unlock the door, feeling almost zombie-like as he did so. 

Blitz watched in a haze, still collecting and computing the events that followed them here. 

The door opened as quickly as Stolas could unlock it, and the two just…

 

Stared at the empty room, not even going in yet. 

It seemed they had something to do. 

Blitz dropped the heavy bags, Stolas reaching out.

His hand was shaking and damp, Blitz holding his arm out, watching slender fingers wrap around his own. 

He met his eyes, not expecting to see the clearness of his pupils, the welling of his eyes. 

Stolas shook his head, slowly at first, before closing his eyes and practically falling into him. 

 

How could they forget? 

 

They were in each other’s arms in an instant, Blitz kicking the door closed with his foot as they wrestled to the bed, plopping down into the cool sheets with a muted thwack. 

Only, this wasn’t passionate, ravenous, hurry, that drove them. 

Sure, they were pushing at the other’s clothes, begging for skin-to-skin, to be flushed between each other.

This was a different hunger. 

Blitz.” Stolas whispered into him, longingly.

Blitz was warm, the smell of sun and wood clung to him…he must’ve gone back to the apartment to collect things.

Stolas…” Blitz said back, the darkness in the room made him disoriented, feeling heavy.

Now Stolas was clinging to him, with the scent of his faraway perfume, now extinguished by the air, but he was there. And wherever he went, he brought it with him.

Blitz wanted him to bring it closer; wrap him in his blanket.  

 Stolas massaged the skin of the back of his neck, working at the tense muscle, soaking in the sweat.

He wanted to know everything.

But right now, he didn’t have the words to ask.

He needed to find them, outweigh his confusion.

Stolas’ hands were cool and tantalizing against Blitz, mixing with the coolness of the room worked wonders on Blitz’ nerves, a thousand buzzes wanting to take over him.

But he didn’t let them, not this time at least. 

He’d let the buzzes devour the thoughts of vengeance for now, chew away the awfulness that's taken over their lives. 

Stolas let out a noise, a melodic, little sigh that bid to take them both away, along with his hands, they worked in tandem in doing just that.

He ran his hands from there to his back, Blitz hissing through clenched teeth, straight jacketing his arms around Stolas’ lean torso, almost making him lose his breath.

His own breaths were ticklish, little gasps made him ache. 

 

Everything was running towards them at a speed they couldn’t comprehend.

 

Blitz wanted to scream at him, scream at him how he made it there.

What he’d heard.

 

Everything. 

 

I know,” Blitz was able to say, “ I know why…” 

 

I know why Stella made her cry.

 

I know, I know, I know. 

 

Stolas shook his head, his hands over his face, “ Don’t…” 

Blitz’ head spun, “ Don’t?” he echoed, meeting his confusion. 

Stolas was making crying noises, noises that he didn’t think could hurt Blitz. 

No…I can’t bear much right now, Blitz I…” 

"What is it?  Tell me, Stolas..." 

Blitz kissed the top of Stolas’ hand, asking him to remove it.

He needed to see him.

He needed him to know. 

Stolas revealed his eyes, expression shooting Blitz straight through his heart.

I can’t bear it…!” Stolas could only repeat, wishing the words could just fly out of him without needing the strength to open his mouth's wings. 

What exactly couldn't he bear?

The fact that even now, he couldn't take charge of his own life?

The way that he didn't know what had happened to his daughter? and that alone frightened and angered him in a way he didn't think he could be.

His thoughts were swallowing him, Blitz struggling upstream to catch him.

The Imp could practically see the way Stolas’ world was caving around him, and that alone made him relent.

 

Too much.

 

Too much was happening. 



 

The pair of them were no good with words, 

 

But they did know one thing.

 

They knew that they needed each other, that they needed to be near each other now. 

 

 

Long enough for them to find their words again. 

 

Stolas' hands returned to the back of Blitz neck, chests pressed to the point that their hearts matched in rhythm.

 

 

They just needed each other now.

 

At this moment,

 

let it fall away. 



.




.




.







Notes:

blitz and stolas need a hug.

they'll figure it all out.

let me know your thoughts in the comments down below!~ love you all, and appreciate your feedback and support.

Chapter 26: Like You're Supposed To.

Notes:

sorry for the 18 day hiatus! spring break + i just celebrated another trip around the sun!

Sorry to keep you waiting ~ please enjoy this new installment.

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text



.




.




.

 

Fuck.

 

Stella shut the door quickly, locking it hastily. 

She didn’t even bother waiting for the Imp at the door to close it.

Couldn’t bear to meet anyone else's eyes in the foyer, all except her personal servant, pointing up the stairs.

“D…Do get me my phone.” 

The servant fidgetted before following her bumbling mistress, “Y-yes, my lady.” 

Andrealphus was still watching out the window, an expression unreadable.

Stolas was consoling his poor daughter, the Imp was looking towards the house. 

He reached in his pocket, Andrealphus feeling hairs on the back of his neck rising. 

He’d be a fool to think Stolas would let him do that. 

With hesitation, the three left together, watching a portal in the distance absorb their forms and whisk them away.

As quickly as it started, they were gone. 

Andrealphus hadn’t gotten a good look at Stolas, but from afar, he appeared to be the same cowardly dunce he had always been.

Paimon’s shining star-boy, reduced to…whatever that was. 

And speaking of Paimon…

 

Whatever would he think of this disarray? He hadn’t heard a peep out of his royal highness since Stella and Stolas’ marriage had been nullified. 

He was speaking vicariously through his servants, no longer seen at meetings, or submitting work from his secluded place in No-Where-Land.

No one quite knew, or questioned, where Paimon tucked himself away.

Seemed that’s what he and his spouses had in common.

 

 

Ring! Ring!

“Ugh, Tell Her ladyship to answer her phone or so help me..!” 

“No…Uh…My lord.” An imp servant brought forth the royal rotary, an ancient relic only brought out…

“Huh, speak of the devil.” 

Because his Royal highness has no intention of ever using a smartphone.

 

.

 

.

 

.

 

Loona and Octavia didn’t speak for a good while.

Via tried busying herself with unpacking, putting toiletries in the bathroom, Loona filling the silence with the news from the T.V.

Loona watched her hurry around, clouds forming around them. 

The panic was still there, Loona could practically smell it. 

“Vi?” Loona said, watching her still at the sound of her name from her spot by the closet, shoving her suitcase in. 

She turned to her, the shirt she was folding visibly vibrating in her shaking hands.

“M’fine.” she said, trying her hardest to twist a smile onto her face, but Loona just sympathetically shook her head. 

“Chill out.” 

Octavia looked down at the shirt, sucking a breath, “I…I should. Yeah, I…I'm just trying to not think too much.” 

“Well, maybe it might help to lay down for a minute?” Loona pulled out her phone, and soon enough, the beginning chords of one of Via’s favorite songs playing. 

“Yeah. Thanks.” She settled onto her bed, Loona watching her for a few more seconds before turning back to the T.V.

One thing Via was particularly fond of, was watching. She was kind of a stare-er, liking to pick apart at whatever transfixed her; caught her eyes.

Now is a good time to drift away, for sure. 

The news anchor had angular hair, speaking at a rapid fire, unlike most reporters with monotonous, monotone voices. 

“He sounds like a bloody chipmunk.” Via found herself thinking out loud, covering her mouth as Loona looked over at her. 

She didn’t need to fret long though, as the hellhound chortled, “Damn right he does,” she turned back to the screen, pointing.

“And If my hair looked like that? I’d shave it the fuck off.” 

Huh. Seems they had another thing in common.

Being little judgmental teens.

The owl-demon swiped at her beak, a realer smiling beginning to find itself on her face. 

“Y-yeah, especially if it was urine blond like that.” she added, crossing her arms over her stomach. 

Loona grinned, putting a pin in that insult for later. 

After another laugh, they watched on in silence.

Even so, it was quite hard to carry on as if everything was normal .

Via looked at Loona through the corner of her eye, gulping to remedy her dry mouth.

“So…the assassin…he really came for you and my dad?” 

The small smile Loona had gained left, her eyes breaking away from the screen to stare at her lap.

“Yeah, the other night.” Loona crossed her legs, flexing her feet, “Fucked up the apartment.” 

“Oh, satan.” Octavia whispered, “Is…is that how he…?”

The bandages on her father's face were the size of a box of band-aids themselves, and covered most of the area between his forehead and cheek. 

It was unnerving. 

“Striker, he got him in the face.” Loona didn’t see a use to lie to her. 

“Striker. So that’s his name.” Octavia rolled her eyes, “They must have been on the phone when I overheard them.” 

“When was it? The night you texted me?” 

New stuff to tell Blitz, and Stolas. 

“Yeah…but I'm sure my Uncle Andrealphus had a hand in it all too, he shut off the power before I could reach you.”

“Because of course he did.” Loona rolled her eyes too, “Fuckin’ predictable.”

Octavia wondered whether or not she should comment on Andrealphus’ softness towards her before she left, but it didn’t matter. 

Loona seemed to be seeing a bit of red. 

She growled, “So it is all her fault.” 

“Y-yeah, she’s been after my dad for awhile, i think.” Via leaned against the headboard, drawing her knees to her chest. 

“I just don’t get why she still cares? Stolas is gone, he isn’t even a royal anymore.” 

“T-that’s the whole point, Loona. She doesn’t have much power without him…” Via was spitballing, “I used to think they were so in love, because marriage was all glitzy and such a fairy-tale way back when. But…that’s not the reason she’s so upset.” 

They both had a part to play, but Stolas couldn’t live like that any longer.

So Stella decided he shouldn’t live anymore at all. 

“Remember when I talked about Loo-loo land? You know…the day Blitz body guarded us the entire day and burned it down?” 

Loona smiled at the memory, nodding. 

Octavia was looking at her funny now, kind of scowling. 

“Well…I had this…this conversation with my dad.” She talked with her hands, collecting bits and pieces of that day, a corrupted memory.

They used to go there all the time…

Were they just playing then?

“That I wished things could go back to the way they were, w-when my parents didn’t hate each other.” 

Loona was moving now, eyebrows furrowed, and before Via knew it, she was wiping the tears from her face, sitting on the foot of her bed.

“But I don’t even think there was a time when they didn’t…” 

Everything she knew about her parents had been completely shattered, and it was on that uphill climb for a couple of months. 

“...I didn’t think anyone could hate someone so much,” Via made a choking noise, “ A-and he didn’t do anything to deserve that.” 

Loona could only agree, letting Via speak her mind.

Because, to be quite frank, she was honestly lost on how to comfort her.

She’d done it before, but now?

Things were…

 

Things were beginning to resonate in an ugly way.

 

Every piece of Via’s hurt lined up with hers in a sadistic matching-game. 

When she spent time wondering why Via reminded her so much of herself, it all began to make sense with each word.

Each step, Loona kept seeing a reflection of herself. 



And the time she spent, thinking she was alone in this web of despair…

 

 

There was someone out there, feeling the exact same way. 



 

And she was sitting there in front of her. 

 

She hadn’t realized they were hugging each other, Via softly crying into her t-shirt. 

Vi, we…we need to stay together.” Loona whispered, but felt as if she was watching the two of them from another side of the room. 

People like us…can only protect each other.” 

Via nodded, “ I know. A-and our dad’s? We need to protect them too.” 

Loona felt Via’s hands in her hair, feeling the sway of her tail.

But I feel so weak…no matter what I do, I can’t…” 

How can you say that? Vi, you’re just…” 

She looked down, petting her head. 

You’re just a kid.” 

Via was tired, she was tired. 

B-but you are too, Loona,” She choked, “ You were too. W-what is wrong with everything?” 

The fight was gone from both of them, and they crumbled into each other. 

They knew they had each other. 

 

Crying, and hugging.

 

Like you’re supposed to. 

 

.




.





.

Notes:

I had the most terrific writers block! but now, i'm pleased to report that i've been cured! i've been revived by the healing power of the ARTS! off all kinds!

Music, literature, THEATRE!!

The new episode was quite the remedy as well~~~ did you all enjoy it? let me know!

Chapter 27: Damage.

Summary:

With one hurt fixed, time to tend to the next one.

Notes:

yeah ik the GAPS between the chapters are awful, i apologize...

this was a thicc chappy lol sorry i have to keep APOLOGIZING

Think of this as a nice little interlude :)

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

 

.




.





.



 Blitz woke up tangled in the blanket, coated in a sheen of sweat, trying to remember when exactly he had fallen asleep. 

He was about to kick off the sheet, when he realized there wasn’t any sun coming in from the windows…the windows were shut tight and they were still covered in darkness. 

Soon enough, he’d squint at the bright red alarm clock sitting by the nightstand, and it read…

11:29. Huh, oh.” 

Remnants of the day came to grind his gears, and came in the form of a blaring headache that he’d groan about in a moment. 

Only, he felt Stolas’ hand, gripping tightly to his hip, paw at him, seeming to shiver as if the room was much colder than it actually was.

Blitz however, was sweating like he ran a marathon, and he carefully plucked the other’s wrist from him, replacing himself with a Pillow, to which Stolas nestled himself into. 

his eyes locked on his bandages, and it knifed him. 

Maybe he’ll let him take ‘em off tonight.

Blitz found himself petting his head, Stolas stirring and leaning into the touches. 

He pulled away before he got too attached, getting out of bed as quietly as he could, and walked into the bathroom.

It was untouched, Stolas must’ve wanted things to remain that way till they both arrived.

Turning on the water, he looked around the room in ninja-mode as he waited for the water to heat up.

He didn’t have much time to look around when they got there…

There was a note now crumbled on the floor, Blitz picking it up lazily with his tail, unraveling it as he made his way back to the bathroom, the mirror already fogging from the warm water.

It was merely something Stolas wrote in anticipation, assuming Blitz would arrive before he returned. 

Nothin’ too special.

He still took the time to read it, Stolas’ swoopy, sophisticated, handwriting…cursive and its stupid connecting letters.

Blitz did enjoy looking at it though, he’d give it that! And folded it nicely back up, tossing it near the sink. 

He kicked off his boxers, easing himself into the shower, smiling up at the hot water streaming down on him.

Ohhh yeah…” The water pressure was just right, Blitz shimmying his shoulders happily. 

This was quite honestly exactly what he needed, knowing Loona and Via were tucked safely just nearby, and Stolas sleeping soundly in bed…

And he could order room service! 

He contemplated what he was hungry for, but quite honestly, he didn’t think he could stomach anything. 

To enjoy the luxuries of staying a hotel meant remembering why exactly he was in that hotel in the first place. 

Loona had given him the scoop, not to mention the scene he almost caused at Andrealphus’ place. 

Andrealphus. What a stupid fuckin’ name.” Blitz huffed to himself, beginning to scrub soap onto himself with a face towel, “ Fuckin’ prick.” 

Even though the bastard hadn’t even spoken to him yet, he could still see him standing by the window.

He watched, a little knowing smile on his face.

In on it all along. 

 




I’ll kill him. I’ll kill all of them.” Blitz vowed quietly, meaning it with every inch of his being. 



“Blitz?” 



Blitz wasn’t able to complete his thought, turning towards the foggy shower door, making out Stolas’ silhouette, still in the darkness beyond the restroom’s door, able to see his 4 glowing red eyes. 

The imp cleared his throat, hoping he wasn’t too loud, “Did I wake you up?” He swiped his hand along the glass, now able to see Stolas’ face, but he was still almost just a shadow. 

“Not at all, the warmth did.” He looked around, seeming to not have taken too long surveying the bathroom either. 

“Yeahh, shower’s not bad!” He began scrubbing himself again, Stolas nodding. 

“Good, good…” 

“Did you…? Need somethin’?” 

Stolas rubbed his shoulder, looking a bit guilty, “No, just…missed you.” 

Blitz grinned, “You sure…?” 

Stolas nodded, Blitz wiping off more fog from the door. 

“Ya know there’s plenty of room in here.” 

Stolas puffed a bit, seeming to gain some color back in his face, “O-Oh, I shouldn’t…” 

“Whaddya mean? We both smell like sleep.” Blitz said, “Can’t hang out in the dark forever.” He turned back around briefly, pawing at the bottles the shower had stocked up, “Besides, you were the one who got all these fancy bottles up in here.” 

He felt Stolas admiring him even with his back turned, in a way that knew transcended the sadness the two were feeling. 

But unknown to him, Stolas wasn’t particularly ready to see himself. 

He could work with being naked and open in the darkness, unable to know what part of him was being touched…or looked at. 

And even worse, for Blitz to know that. It would make it all too real.

As if Blitz isn’t the exact same way.

“Alright. No more pouting, Stols! Get your feathery ass in here.” 

Stolas didn’t comment on his pouting, or his feathery ass, not expecting Blitz to jump out of the shower, sopping wet with his arms outstretched to him.

Ah-! Blitz-!” 

“Didn’t think I would, didja! Get in here!” Blitz was pulling him in, Stolas narrowly throwing his robe off before he was submerged. 

His feathers flattened, and he thought about shrinking at the water…but instead, he melted beneath the warm cascade of droplets. 

Ooh.” He hooted, “that is nice…”

“Right?” Blitz turned back around, “now could ya get my back?”

Stolas looked down at the face towel he’d thrusted into his hands before wiping it along the other’s shoulder blades, “hmm, is this the only reason you allowed me in here? Not that I don’t mind helping.” 

Blitz looked back at him over his shoulder, “Always is.” 

Stolas shoved him lightly, Blitz pretending to slip. 

“Fuck, almost dropped the soap! That would be bad.”

Stolas laughed more heartily, a laugh that made Blitz want to jump for joy, taking the soap from him and spurting more onto the towel. 

“Would it?”

Blitz didn’t respond, letting Stolas rub slow soapy circles into his back. 

It was a bit awkward, Stolas leaning a bit forward to reach him, but he didn’t mind. 

Blitz took care of him a lot today. 

It was the least he could do. 

He minded his spines, but Blitz was content with the areas he did cover. 

It reminded them of earlier…the touches they had given each other. 

“Hm. Bet you’re missing your old tub, huh?” Blitz said, Stolas shrugging his shoulders, 

“Sometimes…but I’d rather be here than…there.” 

“Yeah,” Blitz agreed, turning back around, “Now let me.” 

Stolas seemed surprised, a curious grin on his face.

“Hmm, alright.” he handed him back the towel, Blitz getting to work straight away

It was a little more cramped than they hoped, and Stolas wanted to hit himself for not getting them a tub, but Blitz was still surprising him with his magical way of finding every tense place he could reach. 

“You’re…very good at that, Blitz.” Stolas’ voice bounced off the shower walls, Blitz smiling up at him, going at all the tense muscle softening at his touch. 

There were many awkward things the two could do without complaint. 

Stolas was so entranced by the movements he didn’t even realize Blitz had long put the towel down, only his arms around his hips, holding him. 

He glanced down at him, craning his neck to see what the imp was doing. 

As much as Blitz thought whenever he did that was freaky, he still managed to smile at him. 

“What are you thinking about?” Blitz asked, pressing a nail into his side, slowly at first, before Stolas whined. 

“N…nothing.” Stolas sighed, finally acknowledging the events of earlier, (they were getting much better at that!)  “but, I think I’ll be ready to discuss everything with the girls tomorrow.” 

Blitz nodded, “great. Then we’ll finally get this shit over with.” 

“Thankfully.” 

Blitz rested a hand on his stomach, Stolas reaching back to pet his head: their silent little thank yous. 

Blitz reached up to his neck, grazing his chin, then his cheek, bordering the area between his face and the bandages. 

Stolas reeled back, to his dismay, “No, not now.”

Blitz frowned, his plan didn’t work. “Why? They’ve been on for long enough…c’mon, they aren’t that bad-“

“You know what they-“

“Stolas, I was there, of course I saw them.” He braced the others shoulders, spinning him around and pressing him into the door, he didn’t pull away. Good sign.  

It’s…it’s not that attractive.” Stolas didn’t want to say those words, he’d never said them out loud to anyone. 

And next to that, 

Truthfully, 

He’d never truly seen his damage, and if he ever did, it was pushed to the back corners of his mind. 

Blitz scowled at his words, but not at him, Stolas gaining a furious blush, realizing his words.

“…On me.” 

Blitz came closer, rearing his head to show off his signature white patch, eyes stayed on the others. 

“Then what do ya call this?” He invited him forward again, ways in which Stolas knew were exclusive to him only.

The specialness of it made him unable to retreat. Made him no longer wish to. 

Stolas gulped, reaching for his face…and running his hand along the slopes of either side, slick from the water. 

Very attractive…they make you…you.” 

Blitz didn’t know what to make of it, but it was meant to be a compliment, taking Stolas’ face in turn, experimentally rubbing the bandages lightly

His fingers were pruny, and he could tell Stolas could feel it too, so he reached past him and tugged on the faucet, turning it off. 

“Then let me show you what yours looks like.” Blitz smiled with an outstretched hand. 

“Don’t get too excited.”

 

 

Stolas was forgetting the hours now, letting whatever was left of the day disappear with every feel of Blitz’s hands. They had long abandoned the shower, back in the bedroom, the only light being from the bedside lamp. 

There wasn’t much to hide from his Imp, and even that began to dissipate, knowing that he wished the very same things before. 

Blitz knew now what hidden mirrors and the darkness meant to Stolas, he knew it all too well. 

But this was a problem Stolas didn’t need, not right now. 

He needed to show him that it was useless to worry over. 

He was too pretty to know it. Somehow. 

They were kissing, wordless conversation between them, Blitz convincing him.

 

He missed his whole face. His for-real face. 

 

Stolas sighed into the kiss, Blitz was making him noisy. 

 

“Stolas…” He Said, Voice tender and hoarse in the attractive way he adored. 

 

Do you trust me?” 





The imp pulled away, expecting to be looking at the wriggly, desperate man he’d be so used to reducing Stolas to. 

Instead, a brave look was plastered on that flushed face, and he closed his eyes. 

 

Now. Blitz gulped. 

 

Stolas found Blitz’s hands at his waist, taking them gently, placing them on either sides of his face.

 

He really wanted to trust him.

 

…They wished so badly for the other to save them from themselves.

 

Go on…” Stolas said, “ Show me.” 

Blitz didn’t say anything, taking the end of the bandage between his thumb and forefinger.

This might sting when I pull it…” Blitz warned, “ So be grateful for the warning.” 

Stolas nodded, “ I’m already…endlessly grateful for you, darling.” 

Blitz felt a blush rise on him, and Stolas in turn had the same. 

This was… so goddamn embarrassing. 

They went on, Blitz beginning to unravel it all, already beginning to see the scarring, no longer that area covered in the white feathers of his face. 

Blitz hates to admit that he loved how Stolas was unscathed, an Untouchable Prince, scarless and smooth, and soft…

But perhaps, he was just hills and hills of possibility. 

So unlike himself, you can see the hard-life on him. Every battle, or hardship, is mapped on him. 

But they both knew Stolas' hurt was all on the inside. 

And come closer now,

 

A mere moment now to be reminded each time he saw himself. 

 

 

Sure, the feathers will grow back, the scar…heals?

 

Scars don’t heal. Wounds heal.

 

 

But do they really? 

 

Blitz looked at him steadily, not realizing he was biting his lips, Stolas watching him pull away the last of the gauze, setting it somewhere he couldn’t see.

“Oh…” Stolas said, the room appearing more open and brighter, “ Perhaps they were a hindrance to my vision?” 

Blitz still wasn’t speaking, Stolas laughing nervously, unsure what to do with his hands. 

The silence began to frighten him, “...Blitz?” 

Blitz wanted…

 

He wanted…

He wanted to kiss it.



The scarring was healing gray, reddish around the edges, dried blood that could be wiped away.

Soon, someday, the scar will turn white, like the hills of white that made up his heart-shaped face.

His pretty, heart-shaped face, had a jagged…crack.

 

It looked almost natural on his face…It was…

 

You’re so fuckin’ pretty.” 

 

Stolas looked surprised, mouth slightly open. Then, he appeared as if he was about to cry, replacing it with a small, choked chuckle.

Don’t be silly, Blitz.” He looked away, Blitz shaking his head.

 

Can I touch it?” Blitz whispered to the side of his face, kissing his cheek, the area where he’d been able to reach. He missed the mere centimeter of skin he couldn’t reach for the last week or two.

There were areas his lips missed, how cliche. How sad. 

How fucking devoted of him. 

 

Stolas nodded, “You may.” as long as I don’t have to.

It still scared him.

Blitz started seeing images in his mind, random, nonsensical, ones that seemed to try and take him away from this moment.

This very, for-real moment that he wanted to remember forever. 

Despite Stolas never explicitly saying whatever feeling was making his heart pound as Blitz was running his fingers feather-light over his scar…

He knew what it all meant. 

He understood. 

Stolas gasped when Blitz suddenly kissed it, billows of pain intermingling with more confusion, and…

 

…Bliss.

 

With the bliss, came the tears, the tears that had no meaning.

Blitz didn’t mind his tears, he wanted him to feel whatever it was he was trying to show him.

 

Show him that these are what makes him beautiful.

 

 Stolas was kissing back, the white patch of his eye, cascading his own hands along the other abnormalities of Blitz’s skin. Blitz was taking his hand, up, up, and then it was on his own damage.

Stolas felt the rougher, skin-like feeling on his own… then, came more crying.

 

You want me to stop, Blitz asked.

No, no, Stolas choked.

 

Keep loving me… 

 

…Just keep loving me so I can learn to do it.

 





.






.





.



Stolas was curled into his side once again. 

Blitz petted his head, wondering if it was smart to be smoking one of his cigarettes right in bed.

“They won’t know,” Stolas winked, “I’ll clean it up once you’re finished.” He took a pull from it before laying his head back down.

The smoke curled up, ghosts fluttering up towards the ceiling.

 

“...Stolas?” 

“...Yes?”

 

Blitz wondered whether or not he should bring this up.

He ashed the cigarette on the side table, “...Remember what I said? At M&M’s place?”

Stolas’ hand was on his thigh, squeezing it fleetingly, “ Yes.” 

Blitz twisted the cigarette in his fingers, “You know I don’t break promises.”

Stolas nodded, not challenging that statement. He felt enough for the night. 

Blitz knew what he wanted to ask, did you hear me while I was in the shower?

 

But that’d be stupid.

 

 

The least he could know was this:



He’d chase this godforsaken shithole down,

 

If it meant he’d be right next to him. Safe, and sound. 





.






.






.

 

Notes:

...

(i wanted to write them fucking but ...)

assume they fucked after lol

but i have a genuine excuse for the absence!! IVE BEEN SICK LOL AND BEDRIDDEN BUT COULD'VE BEEN WRITING IG LOL

 

LEMME WHAT U THINK LOVELIES<333

Chapter 28: When Doves Cry

Notes:

this is gon be probs the shortest chapter lol

srry

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text




.






.






.




The Ars Goetia were known for their traditional values, their unflinching coldness that somehow equated to elegance…

Others coward to the triumphant kings, the strong-willed marquis’s and lords…

But who knew they’d be a bit scared of each other as well?

 

Andrealphus, being a mighty Marquis of 30 vast legions, with his mathematical, methodical mind, and noisy mouth…

 

Hated to admit he was also a bit frightened of King Paimon. 

 

Still, Andrealphus was the most seamless actor, clearing his throat into the telephone and humming happily.

 

“Why, good morrow , Unky Paimon! To what do I owe the pleasure?” He chirped, Paimon audibly grunting from his line.

Mister Andrealphus, You bite your tongue this instant…and never call me that again.” The King was probably rubbing his face tiredly, “Now, I should like to know if you have any plans today.” 

Andrealphus rubbed his chin, “Well, I was going to teach a few University classes on Geometric properties…?” 

“AH. Children. Do go ahead and clear up that schedule then, You must feel terribly lucky I caught you at this time, then.” 

Andrealphus stiffened, “ Most of them are not…hm. Anywho, very well, My king. Is this because you require my expertise on something or other?” 

“Yes, it’s in regards to a certain… situation.” 

“Hm,” Andrealphus knew what he was talking about, “If I may, I believe this is about…?”

“Don’t, I’m attending a Luncheon in a quarter hour. You shall be my plus one, so you should find yourself even luckier. Go ahead and make yourself presentable, so I can discuss something very important…” 

The peacock-demon clutched the phone, his smile felt like it was going to break his face open.

Oh, hell! 

Who cares if the topic of conversation was that Walking embarrassment?! HE WAS GOING TO A LUNCHEON WITH KING FUCKING PAIMON! 

An excited and terrified thrill shot up his spine, “I’ll be there double time, My King! Where shall I meet you?!”

“Don’t sound so eager, Marquis Andrealphus. My servant will pass along the address, be there right on time or I’ll be quite irritated. Understood?”

“Loud and Clear, My lustrous, momentous, King!~ Good day! And Oh, I shall see you shortly.~” Andrealphus twirled happily, King Paimon giving another exasperated sigh and ended the call, the peacock snapping his fingers towards his servants.

“Double time now! I am to have lunch with King Paimon himself! Someone do tell the University I've gotten a head cold.” 

“Yes, My lord.” One piped up, the servants already working away, having to completely scrap what they had just seen. Not the awkward phone call, but the…

Is that how easy it was? 

Andrealphus was just about to make it to his bedroom, when he saw his sister pacing the hallway.

He’d almost forgotten she was there.

It wasn't.

“Oh, hello…sister.” 

Stella looked at him, her own rotary in the hands of her personal servant.

As she looked at him, he begun to notice the fear in her face. He didn't quite know what he was expecting her to look like, but he didn't think it'd be fear. His sister was always angry and tempermental...it was quite shocking, seeing her rubbing her hands together worriedly. 

She moved towards him hurriedly, taking him down from his cloud, “D-did you see what he did, A-andy?!” 

Andy.

She hasn’t called him that since…

"See what exactly?" Andrealphus looked her up and down, "And...whatever are you doing with your...face?" 

Stella's frown worsened, batting her eyes in a way she thought seemed innocent, "Octavia...she..." 

Her beak trembled, and Andrealphus expected her to shout, instead, he felt her weight fall on him, her arms digging into his back. 

“Oh. Oh, Stella, you’re hugging me-?” Andrealphus’ hands stayed by his sides as Stella crashed into him.

She wailed, "Brother....I...I'm powerless!"  

The peacock demon snorted, "Hm, now you've realized it." He said beneath his breath, there's no one left for her to control now, it seemed. 

“M-my daughter has lost her way to madness, brother…” Stella looked up, “D-did? Did you see what-” 

 Andrealphus pushed her off, dusting himself off, “Yes. It was quite the soap opera. Of your own making to. I won't even bother saying 'I told you so'! Even I wouldn't have been so careless. Now push over, Sister. I have somewhere to be." 

Stella watched him begin to walk away, realizing her demeanor wasn’t affecting him in any way.

Had she forgotten she wasn’t a child anymore? It wasn’t very moving to see a grown woman crying like a baby…

Had she forgotten...she wasn't even scary anymore? That there was no one left to be afraid of her?

Maybe, someone to laugh at her now, or pity. 

...

She scuttled behind him, her servant close behind holding the phone above her head, waiting for a phone call.

“B..Brother…” She said carefully, “Are you going somewhere this afternoon? I…I don’t…I don’t wish to be alone..”

Andrealphus was a bit angry his room was so far away, “Ah. So after ignoring your daughter her entire stay, Now you want company? Rich.” He kept his eyes on the door ahead, "You treated her as a shadow...maybe that's why things took a turn for the worse, huh?" 

Stella was about to grab him again when he jerked his arms to his back, “How about you call the assassin you have on standby? Which, by the way, doesn’t seem to be a very-” 

 

ANDREALPHUS, CAN’T YOU SEE I’M ABOUT TO BE RUINED SOON?!” 

 

Her voice echoed around the tall walls of the corridor. 

 

Andrealphus was frozen, Stella herself at his feet, grabbing his ankles.

 

T-that…that girl will surely report back to him…whatever she heard.”  Stella’s feathers fell around her head, dusting the floor. Her forehead must’ve been pressed into the linoleum.

She bowed to him, cowering.

 

And she should be.

 

Can you even imagine what shall become of me…if…I don’t fix this?” 

 

Andrealphus looked down at her, rolling his eyes as he crouched down just enough to place his fingers beneath his sister's chin, tilting her up to look at him.

Black streaks came down her ivory cheeks, magenta eyes wide. 

You could tell there was a lot going on in her mind. 

 

I mean, she was actually out there.

 

Her fingers scraped the floor, making a shrill noise, “ Brother…” 

Andrealphus clicked his tongue, “Now, Now, Stella…dry those tears.” 

She whined, The peacock’s fingers tightened around her chin. “ Now.” 

You shouldn’t even be crying. 

Stella grimaced, “ Andrealphus, please!” the other demon withdrew, all sense of dignity dissolving at what lay in front of her.

Her “air-tight” plans, her reliance on an Imp who still wasn’t calling?

 

Who did all but what she asked. 

 

And her nosy, traitorous, daughter…

 

Who yelled at her like a bloody banshee.

 

She really did take after her father. 

 

 

“Please, brother, please, you’re all I have…C-can’t you see how much I need you?!” 

 

Andrealphus stood up, shifting his weight and sighing, hand on his hip.

 

"Ugh, Stella. Fine, but only if your Imp is entertaining enough."

 

Stella brightened almost immediately, but whatever brightness that lands upon the Marchioness's face was...villainess, and as bright as a raging wildfire. 

She rose to her feet, to which Andrealphus regarded with minor amusement. 

 

"I'll make him dance for his fucking miserable life for this embarrassment.... whenever he decides to answer the goddamn phone."

 

Only, she shouldn't even have worried, because another imp came running up the stairs, 

"Uh...My ladyship? An Imp from Wrath has arrived for you...and he seems to be quite injured." 

The two noble demons looked at each other, Andrealphus quirking a brow.

 

Hm. seems as if today was going to be quite the exciting day. 

 



.




.




.



Notes:

yeeahhh this is a set up for the next one, which should be out pretty darn soon considering this is probs my most anticipating ones. well, at least the next two are.
stay mothafuckin' tuned, we're reaching our CLIMAXXXXXXX !

Chapter 29: Why’re You Still Here?

Notes:

FORGIVE ME I HAVE FINALS SO THEYRE EATING ME AAAAGGHHHH

SUMMER WILL COME AND SO WILL I!

I mean like- like I’ll be more consistent- agh.

Ok hope u enjoy I’m gonna lay down…

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

.




.




.

 

Striker allowed the smaller imp to dab a damp cloth on the streaks of black blood on his face. 

“Her ladyship should be arriving shortly.” The imp said nervously, “...There was quite a-” 

Another imp smacked the other before he could finish. 

“Don’t mind him. He doesn’t know what he’s talking about.” He elbowed the other again, “Go. Go get her.” 

He jumped, rubbing his aching arm and scurried up the stairs to presumably where the Marquis and Marchioness were. 

Striker looked around, he’d never been here before. 

So this is where she was staying now.

Huh. She made it seem like something lower than hell. 

He’d think about one of their last meetings only a month ago, Stella venting to him like he was some kinda therapist.  

Yet, now standing there, it was quite literally nicer than most places. 

Sigils all over the wall, and if Striker knew anything, it was obvious whose it was.

Self obsessed…” Striker mumbled beneath his breath. 

The other imps didn’t say anything, voices lifting upwards from somewhere deeper in the estate. 

Yep. definitely her.

He braced himself, he could only imagine what she had to say.

 

In a few beats, familiar footfalls could be heard, and two shadows were cast along the wall near the staircase. 

 

Oh.

 

This was the brother.

 

The Marquis



 

Stella was chugging ahead, her servant hurrying behind her to make sure she wouldn’t trip over herself in her dress.

Andrealphus kept his hands behind him, flicking his eyes toward the bottom of the stairs. 

There, standing near the sitting area, a tall-ish imp, being tended to half-heartedly by his staff.

“Oh, good, you all knew better than to have him sit on the furniture. Especially with all the muck and blood all over him.”  Andrealphus chuckled to himself, but it was only him who was laughing. 

Striker didn’t give him much of a second thought, more or less psyching himself up to see her Royal grizzlyness. 

Striker…!” Stella made it to the bottom of the staircase, Striker rolling his eyes and dusting himself off. 

“Yes, m’lady, I know what you’re about to say-”

Stella got in his face, “OH? YOU KNOW WHAT I’M ABOUT TO SAY? I WONDER WHY THAT COULD BE?!”

The imp wasn’t terrifically red, but just then, he seemed to go darker in shade. 

Stella started speaking a mile a minute, Striker keeping his arms folded, nodding to seem as if he was engaged in whatever she was saying.

Andrealphus tilted his head, watching for 2 more seconds before clearing his throat.

“Sister, aren’t you supposed to…introduce me?”

Striker’s eyebrows rose slightly, Stella shutting off like a flip switched.

The Marquis got closer to her, “I am deciding to help you after all.”

The other avian had a sour look at this, shutting her eyes and groaning.

“Fine. Whatever.” 

Striker cracked a small smile, hm. So this is who makes her tick. 

The brother.

He’d remember that. 

Andrealphus made a point to stay a couple steps above the two at the bottom of the stairs, tilting his chin upwards as Stella cleared her throat. 

“You’re standing in the presence of Marquis Andrealphus of the Ars Goetia. Do treat him with the…upmost respect.” She said hoarsely, “Now, then-“

Andrealphus sighed, waving a hand, “Too kind, sister. Now, where is this Imps manners?”

Striker leaned back a bit, raising a brow. 

“What do you mean, his manners?” Stella was showing a level of restraint Striker had never seen.

…it was not a good color on her.

In fact, it made Striker a bit uneasy. 

Like, who was she? To be nice? To him?!

Andrealphus began to descend the staircase,

“Where’s his bow? Why isn’t he bowing, come on!” 

Stella’s eyes darted back to Striker, gesturing with a scowl. Striker glared at her in protest, but ultimately rolled his eyes and gave a lazy squat, boring his eyes down into the floor angrily. 

Andrealphus squinted, “Is that the lowest he can go…?”

Stella cleared her throat loudly, “Andrealphus. Please.”

The Peacock-demon shrugged, beginning to count a list off his fingers. 

“And another thing: Why does he still have that brokeback mountain hat on in our presence? Why is he so…sullied? I suspected the imp would be a bit unruly, but, My Dark Lord, is he…Something!” He circled the Imp as he spoke, Striker straightening his spine and almost looking to Stella for a little bit of help.

“Don’t usually bother with pleasantries when it comes to shootin’ someone dead, your…Lordship.” Striker racked his brain, crossing his arm over the small wound on his shoulder, beginning to tap his foot impatiently. 

“Oh! But he is versed in his honorifics.” Andrealphus spoke like the Imp wasn’t there, bending down to get a good look at his face. 

“I cannot wait to hear what amazing things you’ve done to our dear Prince Stolas.” 

Stella rolled her eyes, “Don’t even bother speaking his name, Andre. Now if you’ll-“

Andrealphus merely ran a hand along the brim of Strikers hat, making the Imp rear his head away, to Andrealphus’ amusement. 

Striker sneered, “Back up.” He warned. 

Instead, The Peacock smiled, “heh…should you like me closer?”

Stella watched in almost horror, regretting even mentioning Striker to her brother. 

Striker on the other hand, was turning red in the eyes, and the face, digging his finger into the skinned part of his shoulder, gritting his teeth.

“Anyway, what gives? You tell this one about the deal, Ma’m?” Striker looked back at Stella. 

Stella puffed up a bit, “Well, yes, b-but Andrealphus isn’t one for snitching.” 

Striker heavily doubted that. 

“Oh, of course! I’d never tell,” Andrealphus said with little implication, enjoying this. 

I’m always discreet.” 

 

Striker didn’t enjoy that. 

 

Stella caught his eyes, tilting her head, realizing what was happening and reached out a hand. 

“My, Perhaps we should like to have you tended to, Striker!”

Ah. Code for: let’s-get-the-fuck-out-of-here-so-Andrealphus-Can’t-Annoy-Us-Anymore. 

Striker let himself be tugged along, watching Andrealphus' amused face fade as he was pulled away.  

“But we were just beginning to be acquainted!”

Striker looked back quickly, tipped his hat, and gave a toothy grin. 

“Maybe next time.”

Stella gasped, poking the wound on his shoulder, Striker spitting at her. 

Hey-!”

Oh, shut up, you-!” 

They already began to argue again, the door to the terrace slamming behind the two. 

Andrealphus rubbed his chin, smiling wide, 

 

“Hm. What a nice pet.”

 

The Imp servants standing around stiffened, their 

Master laughing loftily, shaking his head.

 

“Oh well. Now. Back to preparation! I am to have lunch with the King himself, I must be quaffed to perfection!” 

 

.




.




.



It was like a weight was lifted off of Striker the moment he made it back into open air, but was dropped right back onto him the minute Stella started speaking again.

“You told me he’d be…gone, by the other night, why the FUCK did I see him this fucking morning?!” 

Stella paced around, “not only that, the bastard has batted my own daughter against me! The little sneak.”

Striker crossed his arms, not knowing what to say next.

he was also unsure if the bird was speaking of her daughter or ex-husband…it was all quite lost in translation. 

Because if he did say anything true, it would prove her right.

He failed to hit the target. Again

Sure, he was able to maim him a bit, but it didn’t seem to faze him. 

“That little red fuck-wad was basically body-guardin’ him the entire time..” he said quietly. 

“Do not tell me you’re talking about…”

Striker averted his gaze, “Well. We’re going to need another approach to this.”

The Imp wasn’t about to admit his pride got the better of him that night, and…

What the Boss-lady didn’t know couldn’t hurt her, right?

Stella shook her head, “Well, you’re going to have to figure something out fast, because we are running out of time.” 

Striker raised his hands, “Woah. You serious? Am I finally gonna get paid here?”

The avian pointed at him, hand shaking, “You shut it with that…you…you don’t understand.”

The look on her face was nothing he’d ever seen on her.

He was getting that weird uneasy feeling again, as she moved a bit closer to him. 

“My daughter. She knows.”

Striker frowned, “Well, I would guess so, you screamed it to-“

Stella thought about slapping him, shushing him with a shaking fist.

“-She’s going to tell him, and I shall be ruined.”

She spoke quietly, and Striker rather liked it.

“I’m not one to be needy. Or grovel, so if I need to ask you one last time. To do your job? Well…” 

Striker’s permanent frown worsened, “Oh, so we’re threatenin’ now? Look, I do the work you fuckin’ tell me, and when have I not done what ya ask?”

Stella didn’t speak, for a long beat, she stared at the floor. 

Striker expected an eruption, a scream, a show of the other demon’s usual gusto…

But she was spent.

Woah…

 

Did she fucking understand that this mess is all her fault? 

 

Stella finally looked up, walking away to the edge of the terrace, looking out to the wooded property surrounding the estate. 

“…Was this all a mistake? I wonder, how could I have had a hand…in this awfulness?” She pondered, Striker rolling his eyes.

He could tell it all plain, if she liked, clearing his throat. 

“You’re the employer. Ma’m.”

She still didn’t turn around, considering her options. 

“Yet you’re still here.”

Striker blinked, Stella waited, but he didn’t reply.

With an inhale, she continued. 

“I looked into you, you know. Before I sought you out at that seedy bar in Wrath.” Striker could only imagine what expression she had on her face, “You’ve killed a plenty, even low-ranked overlords…but you lacked experience with this line of work. Nonetheless, it was I who trusted you. Trusted that you’d…be cooperative.” Stella’s shoulders squared, “And as much as you love to be smart with your mouth, you…you were halfway true with your work.” 

Striker stayed silent, running the words back.

 

Woah…

 

Was Stella complimenting him?

 

“Ma’m…?” Striker started, wondering if Goetia’s had a self-destructing mode and Stella was halfway there, but she kept looking outward. 

 

“Perhaps I misunderstood the task at hand, and many times, I believe you could’ve very well walked away from this deal. Gone onto better work, finally gotten paid.” She finally looked over her shoulder, her magenta eyes unreadable.

 

“But you didn’t.” 

 

Striker felt the need to look away, the avian before him looking away as well.

She exhaled, “So. Why,” now, she faced him.



You should very well know what a dud client is, hm? So why? Why have you managed to stay this long with me?

 

Striker was…well, striked.

 

How the fuck was he supposed to answer this question?

 

She was right in every sense of the word, he hadn’t been paid in weeks. He’s griped about it before, how he could just split with the equipment and lay low for a couple of months. Satan himself knew he could use the downtime.

But, even so, he was still there. Heeding to this woman’s call. A woman he knew for damn sure he despised. 

But now…

This didn’t seem to be just about the pay. 

 

 

He rubbed the back of his neck, chuckling a bit. 

 

“…it’s no longer an operation centered on cash-out.” Striker shrugged, 

 

“Turns out: I’m not really one to be disrespected. I’m going for the gold on this one, I’m not fuckin’ stoppin’ till this fuckers dead.” He walked toward her, Stella watching sort of…hopefully?

What was she feeling? What look did she have in her eyes? 

She wondered if he was feeling the same, quietly, in the back of her mind.

“You can fire me, if that’s what you wanna do, but that ain’t stoppin’ me. I’ll be faster than whatever assassin you got lined up after me.”

There was a new fire ignited in him, Stella’s scowl twisting into something else. 

Something Striker had never seen.

 

A…smile? 

 

“Oh, Striker. The thought of firing you hasn’t even crossed my mind.” Stella placed a fleeting hand on his shoulder, squeezing it before walking towards the door.

 

“Now, I believe it’s time for us to invest in some angelic binds.”

 

Striker was intrigued, looking from his shoulder, to the Avian who was walking back inside, and out of sight.



 

Something just passed between the two of them, but he couldn’t tell what. 



Needless to say, this game of cat-and-mouse is ending soon enough. 

 

.

 

 

 

 

 

 

.

 

 

 



Notes:

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAH striker and Stella have a confusing relationship oml so much tension dearie me oh …

Anyway, next chapt should be up in like??? A week or so? Maybe even closer. If I’m quick!

Chapter 30: Something Awaits..

Summary:

Well shit.

Notes:

First of all: heeeeey.

Yep ik ik i've been gone for some time but now im back! ready to serve up some nice CONTENNTTT

thank you for your patience lol

things will start back up as normal. Love you all .

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

Stolas awoke first.

 

As his eyes adjusted, the darkness of the room greeted him.

 

Oh, right…his “protective measures.” 

 

The large window was tightly covered with it’s drapes, so the room still appeared to be well into the evening…

 

Only…

 

Stolas knew himself and a certain Imp were up all night.



Exploring things Stolas still couldn’t shake…

 

 

Himself. 



Ugh, but it wasn’t that bad…it was actually kind of wonderful, if he were being truly honest.





He put his hands on either side of his face, testing himself.

Sure enough, he felt the leather-like quality of the scar, the very… Skin feeling of it.

His face has always felt soft…but this…

It was too new for him to form much of a positive opinion on.

In a fit of panic, he craved light, swinging himself around and casting the drapes open… just a smidge… with his magic. 

And with that, Blitz rolled over, snoring loudly. 

He bumped him with strange strength for a sleeping demon, almost elbowing him if not for Stolas straight-jacketing the Imp with his own arms.

Blitz murmured, yawned, and then settled into the others arms… but not before kicking Stolas in the stomach.

With no more room to be solemn and melancholic, Stolas cracked a smile at his sleeping lover, breath hitching as he got it back.

You certainly know how to treat a bedmate, Blitz.” He mused, “ Always fighting, even in your sleep, remind me not to cross you…” Stolas now whispered, rolling over and releasing Blitz, letting him curl back up, and away from the light.

Sliding out from under the covers, He stretched his arms up, then quietly plucked his pills off the side table, along with a bottle of water. 

He sat back down carefully, trying his best to not wake Blitz up, but soon enough, he heard another groan behind him. 

“I’m sorry.” Stolas said after a sip of water, “I was trying to-” 

“Nah, I need to get up anyway.” Blitz hushed him, waiting for Stolas to turn and face him. 

It was morning, no longer dark…

Nothing left to hide now.

Stolas was still a bit floaty from the tenderness of last night…But there was no forgetting what was still extremely present in his life. 

Soon enough, the owl looked his way, the strips of light coming in from the still covered window illuminating only little shafts of glow on his face. 

“Good morning.” He said softly, watching Blitz’s eyes carefully drink him in. 

He didn’t speak, only rose from his position as if to get a better look at him. 

“...Morning, pretty bird.” He finally said, the expression on his face and tone of his voice nothing short of adoration. 

 

It was all parts romantic and all parts lovely. 

 

 The Imp got up from his spot in bed, “Time to get this show on the road.” 

Stolas nodded, but not before clearing his throat and fidgeting with the blanket. “Blitz?” 

Yeah?” He answered as he walked into the bathroom, turning the sink on to presumably start brushing his teeth. 

The Owl-demon cleared his throat again, Blitz already knowing what was coming. 

“...Are they…?” 

Now, the Imp poked his head out from the bathroom door, his toothbrush hanging from his mouth in a cloud of white toothpaste.

I said it before and I’ll say it again,” It came out muffled, and the force of his voice sent little puffs of frothy bubbles from his mouth, making the other man snort.

Stolas shook his head, “I see, I see, don’t make a mess and get to it.” 

Yessir.” Blitz squinted, grabbing the toothbrush and getting back to work, leaving Stolas to chuckle to himself and get changed.

Finally, the dread waned and the warmth enveloped him, beginning to prick the buttons closed on a fresh new button up. 

They were sure the girls were either still sound asleep or getting ready as well.

And hopefully, they’d all meet in the lobby for whatever “continental” breakfast the Hotel’s website promised. 

But, even so…

 

Much awaited them all this morning…




All of them. 




.




.



.



Andrealphus’ eyes snapped open, and he sat up ever so quickly. 

As if he had woken up from a nightmare, he clutched his chest, heaving a ragged breath.

Oh, satan. Please, please tell me that all was just a dream?” The peacock asked no one, for Satan was probably much too busy to heed his plea.

 

…but, he probably wouldn’t be able to remedy his problem… because what all happened yesterday?

 

Was truly, truly, real. 

 

It took everything in him not to shriek in sheer horror, taking one of his silky pillows and shoving it over his face. 

One can only assume Andrealphus was fussing over something ghastly, something terrible…!

 

 

Well…



                                                             …



Andrealphus stepped through the portal briskly, and sure enough, dozens of other noblemen were walking about the outdoor garden of the grand hall Paimon summoned him to. 

He’d been here before, but never during the day, and it definitely looked much better in this lighting. 

As we made his way up the front steps, greeting several other attendees with usual professional stuffiness, a Hellhound standing at the door stood alert, holding out a paw.

“Your invite, please.” 

Andrealphus was all business, “King Paimon requested my presence, I received no… physical invitation.”

The Hellhound frowned, “I’m sorry, sir. You need-” 

Ahem.” 

The two looked down, and sure enough, Paimon’s personal servant had stepped out from behind the door.

“Your Lordship. His highness is overjoyed at your attendance.” 

Andrealphus couldn’t help but give a snide look to the Hellhound, laughing loftily. 

The hellhound begrudgingly opened the door, allowing the two to move past. 

“Good day to you, Bark-y.” Andrealphus said ever so subtly, turning back around before seeing the guards' priceless reaction. 

He left it to his imagination. 

The Imp walking ahead of him tucked his hands behind his back, weaving the two of them around several other guests before entering a shaded patio.

And sure enough, there he sat in all his glory, in the middle of taking a grateful sip of whatever was in that gold-plated chalice. 

The table was quite long, enough to seat probably a dozen partygoers. Atop the marble were many dishes and glasses filled to the brim with expensive looking food and refreshments. 

Other Goetian men chatted loudly in usual fashion, but all of which flitted and flocked around His majesty, seated at the very end who finally caught the Marquis’ eye.

“Your Highness, we have The Marquis Andrealphus for you.” His servant said, voice making it across the room in practiced ease, catching the attention of every other man in the room.

Several of them smiled at the Marquis, waving or calling his name, to which Andrealphus smiled back. 

However, a silence fell upon all as The King sat his glass down with the ferocity and nature only inhabited by a Demon King. 

 

“Gentlemen, leave us.” His voice suggested nothing, but the other demons formally seated quickly collected their things and were out of the room before you could say…

 

Well, anything. 

 

Andrealphus didn’t allow that to rattle him, feeling terribly… proud? 

 

He was alone in the room with him! How lucky!~

 

His sparkling tail dusted the floor as he bowed, a smile in his voice. 

 

“Your Majesty.” He said graciously, “I do thank you for the invitation.” 

 

Paimon inhaled, “Right, take a seat, Andrealphus.” 

“With pleasure,” The peacock-demon made his way to a seat across from him, not wanting to sit too close due to the… intimacy of this visit.

And he cleared out the entire room… so it must be about Stolas. 

 

The Imp was already getting him a glass, Andrealphus taking it and putting it to his beak. 

“Now, I’m sure you’re wondering why I’ve asked for your attendance on such short notice. So I'll just skip the pleasantries and save my breath,” The King didn’t bother looking Andrealphus in the face, “For this topic is deemed quite improper and I shouldn’t even bother wasting my own words on it.” 

“I know exactly what you’re speaking of, Your Majesty.” Andrealphus put a hand to his heart in sorrow, “You have my sympathy, truly-”

Paimon silenced him with a raised hand, and Andrealphus looked down at the red quality of the wine in his glass, remembering to find his place whilst sitting across from a King.

“Now.” The owl-demon picked up his chalice once again, “I am to believe you are…still in contact with His ex-wife, yes?”

Andrealphus blinked, “Er, yes your highness. She…is my sister, after all.” 

“Doesn’t mean a thing, Your Lordship. merely means you were in the same kitchen at one point.” Paimon grumbled, Andrealphus forcing a little laugh.

"Ah! Too...too true...your...Majesty."

"Hm." Paimon threw out, taking another sip of wine and smacking his tongue across the roof of his mouth quite audibly...it almost made Andre himself question how old the King was getting...

“Now. By extension, it practically means you’ve… come in contact with him, I take it.” 

"Well, yes." He played it up almost naturally, "I've known him since we were boys, you know. My sister was-" 

"So you have no problem being around his kind, then? Even now?" 

Andrealphus’ expression cracked, almost allowing the chalice to slip from his grasp. And Andre has NEVER wasted free alcohol. 

Oh, Satan…



It was as if a time-rift had caused Andrealphus to freeze time long enough to think all these atrocious thoughts.

 

Like, “Fuck. ‘Come in Contact with him’? Whatever does he mean? Is he going to quarantine me for breathing the same air as that man?! Oh shit, I bet he has hazmat-clad IMPS waiting right outside to wheel me away!”

 

Instead, Andrealphus kept a smile on his face, “Yes, your highness. I’ve seen him briefly on the means of housing my sister and her daughter. He comes around to collect her, but we haven’t spoken since…” 

Paimon’s expression did not change, Andrealphus felt himself shrink.

“... He was excommunicated from the…Ars…Goetia…” 

The king took one last of his drink, “Speaking of which...” His servant was already beside him with the bottle, the sound of it pouring only punctuating the impending doom of whatever was hanging off of the King's tongue. 

 

Andrealphus’ eyebrows were now basically on his forehead, beginning to focus on the purple liquid on the King’s beak.

 

I have a favor to ask of you, seeming as though you are still in a position to ever cross paths with…him. Again.” 



                                                              …



He stormed out of his room as soon as he was dressed, barely acknowledging his staff awaiting their next order. 

Him?! WHY HIM?! 

He remembered being so excited to go see Unky Paimon! But to be used as some fucking TASK-RABBIT? LIKE A COMMON CRIMINAL?! LIKE TRASH???! LIKE-

“Andrealphus!”

Sure enough, Stella was already downstairs in the foyer, chatting away on her rotary. 

She looked up at him, seeming to be waiting for him, “He-”

“Not. now.” 

Stella squawked, “What? What do you mean not now? Y-you said you’d be helping me!” 

Andrealphus bit his tongue, remembering his stupid little promise. 

Only..

 

How viable was that promise now that he’s been given this…favor? 

And by King Paimon above all.

 

She tilted her head, “Oh. Didn’t you go out yesterday? What for?” 

“Er…” He looked around, no way in the SEVEN CIRCLES was he telling her that! 

“I’m not sure that's any of your business. You’re rather nosy!” 

Stella glared at him, “Well, no matter. I just thought you should know I'll be taking one of your cars out later.” She began to fuss with her dress, “So, I do hope you won’t be needing them.”

“Car?” Andrealphus then remembered, “Oh. right.” 

Low and behold, her stray walked into the room, much cleaner than the first time they had met. 

No longer with blood staining his hands, and a defeated look in his eyes.

All those qualities were replaced with flames, fury… and coils of blessed rope gripped in his claws. 

 

“Oh…Right. You’re here. ” The peacock said slowly, he himself no longer indifferent to the Imp’s presence. 



Seven circles, please forgive him.



This was all going somewhere deeper than hell. 



.





.








.

 

Notes:

Okokok

i started this fic before andrealphus was officially introduced and idk if this is gonna be ooc of him but it probably will be so lmao
just go with it THIS IS LIKE MY LIL AU SOOO HOPE YOU ALL STILL ENJOY IT
love u all next update soon :333

Chapter 31: Dizzy

Summary:

THINGS HAPPEN!

Notes:

omfg im sorry i keep taking long breaks my brain is broken lmaooo

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

Loona’s ears twitched, but she didn’t let it wake her just yet. 

 

 

There it is again.



 

Ugh, dammit-!

 

“Fuck. WHAT?!” 

 

Via stirred, shifting her sleeping position. Loona realizing the two of them had dozed off on her bed. 

That night, they ended up laying there, back to back, hearing each other breathe, whispering about anything and everything.

It was reminiscent of the first sleepover they had, and Loona softened at the thought. 

However, it didn’t stop the annoying chorus of knocks coming from the door. 

 

Make it stop, make it stop… WHAT?!” Loona got up, Via groaning. 

Loona…” 

“Sorry, but we have company.” The hellhound dusted the Owl-demon’s face with her tail as she got out of the bed, making her sneeze.

Ack-!” 

“Girls?” Stolas’ voice was heard, “ Rise and shine!” 

Wakey, Wakey, eggs and bake-y!” Blitz sang after him, Loona trudging to the door and cracking it only… a smidge.

 

But just enough for her voice to travel directly into her fathers stupid face. 





At a more suitable time, maybe 30 minutes after the initial… timely wake-up call, the girls found Blitz and Stolas chatting over whatever breakfast the hotel had to offer. 

Via and Loona both were still basically in pajamas, because unlike their fathers, the two were definitely not early birds…well, by choice. 

They stopped in their tracks, seeing Stolas’ expression before he noticed them.

Blitz was speaking, Stolas listening intently, only for him to clutch his hand. 

“What is he saying?” Via asked, Loona shrugged.

“Safe to say, they already started,” She looked down at Via, “You sure you're ready for this?”

Via messed with a strand of her feathers, “...Yeah. I think so. Just…just as I long as you are too.” 

Loona gave a small grin, “Hey. I won’t let them ask something that’ll upset you.”

“Likewise.” 

Now they gave each other matching grins, and the two of them walked towards the table, the men seemed to be done discussing whatever, and were quietly chatting about whatever else…

Stolas was taking a sip of tea when he saw the two walking over, waving. 

“Hello! I’d like to apologize again…”

“Nuh uh, don’t apologize for lazy-bones.” Blitz had a mouthful of pancakes, Stolas reaching over and pushing a napkin into Blitz’s hand. 

“Lazy-bones? It’s too early to be awake .” Loona slid into the seat next to Blitz, taking the aforementioned napkin and practically shoving it into Blitz’s face, making him flinch. 

“It’s 10:30…a good time to be awake, i rather think!” Stolas threw back, Via still standing, shifting from foot to foot as she peered almost shyly at her fathers bare face. 

Stolas looked back at her, smiling bravely as he patted the open seat next to him. 

Loona hadn’t realized the apprehension Via had towards seeing her father with such visible, large, scars on himself it seemed. Unlike her, she was used to seeing Blitz roughed up…

Because she knew he’d get better. 

Maybe Via wasn’t used to that. 

Or…

Maybe she was. There was an inkling of a suspicion in Loona’s head that Via was aware of how hurt her father could get. 

Or…

Maybe she was surprised he wasn’t trying to hide his scars from her anymore. 

As Blitz and Stolas looked at eachother, Stolas tilting his head towards Loona, giving his undivided attention.

“Well…” 

Blitz nodded, Loona now looking at Via, who was still getting used to her fathers face. 

Something was passing between the four of them, as if they had already had the pain-staking conversation that was about to unfold. 

They knew the explanation would bring forth emotions they were all trying to suppress…but it would allow them all to move forward…to heal. 

 

And that they were ready for. 



As they all began to speak, quite low and cautiously, as they were sitting in the middle of an open cafeteria, it didn’t soften the heavy blow of the conversation

Via was recounting the events like she was in a company of ghosts, the things she had seen playing before her as her father reached for her, tugging her close…

He’d never wanted anyone else to be dragged into this mess, let alone his own daughter

Blitz swallowed his anger as he bared to hear the awfulness of their situation again, of Stolas’ situation again.

Loona found herself pressing her hand to Blitz’s beneath the table, lowering her gaze. 

He squeezed her hand, vengeance seering through his blood. 

Once everyone's stories began to match up, the pieces began to be connected. 

“It doesn’t make any sense…it just… doesn’t.” Via said, “Why would she…?” 

“I know, darling. I wish I had an answer for you.” Stolas rubbed her back. 

Octavia was already questioning her mothers love for her…but her image of her was completely shattered. 

 

That woman was merely killing her father because she could. 

 

“I will never let her come anywhere near you like that again, Octavia. Court order be damned…” Stolas said slowly, Blitz scoffing.

“Well, if you would’ve let me shoot her.” 

“Too much, Blitz.” Loona countered, “That’d only get us in shit.” 

“But we have evidence!” 

“Not when she has Andrealphus.” Stolas sighed, “He is quite versed in…well… bullshitting.” It didn’t help that The Marquis was in the Ars Goetia either, and undoubtedly on his sister’s side. 

“Regardless if I'm King Paimon’s son, I'm his estranged son…and already a source of scandal for every member’s afternoon tea time.” 

“And we already tried keeping a low profile, but now they have this fucking cowboy fuckwad on us.” 

“I doubt the other family members are in on it.” Stolas said, “...They wouldn’t have been so careless on erasing me.” 

Satan,” Loona said under her breath.

He was speaking so plainly of his demise, it made the younger girls a bit nervous. 

Octavia sank into her chair, quite audibly too, “Ever since those two were giggling in the front seat about the newspaper…I thought…they were all-talk.” 

Loona’s lips tightened, “I mean, dude, how could you not tell your mom was evil?” 

“Loonie,” Blitz was starting, but Octavia shook her head.

“It’s okay. I-i regret it all now. Not being able to do more about it…maybe then dad wouldn’t have…” Octavia gestured to her face, “...Or your apartment wouldn’t…have…” 

“It’s alright, dear, it’s all in the past. We’re together now.” Stolas assured, “It’s all that matters. All that should matter to you now.” 

“Only that? W-what about the mad imp who was hired by an even madder Marchioness to come murder you? And by extension, Blitz? And by extension, Loona!” The owl-demon pointed from person to person, “And by extension, me! Because I was so careless on that fucking balcony!” 

Octavia was on the verge of spiraling again, remembering her mothers horrified face through the glass, as she signed away her father’s fate…

“Sweetie, I know you regret it, but there's no use. You can’t go back and undo it, and that’s just the way it’s gonna be.” Blitz took his try at comforting the teen, Satan knew she needed it. “What we can do now is find a way to end it. Mmkay?”

Loona nodded alongside him, “...C’mon, Vi.” 

Stolas moved some stray feathers away from Via’s face, “We’re all quite capable once we know where to aim .”

Octavia looked around at the crew around her, all seeming so sure and not only for her sake, but for their own. 

 

They all wanted to destroy this enemy just as much as she did.





And that made her confident



She smiled back at them, and Blitz put a fist to the table.

 

“So. How should we go about this? When shall I call up Mills and Mox? Or better yet… what’s the best way to serve swan? Grilled or boiled?” 

Stolas put one of his arms around Via, resting his chin on the other. 

“Depends…what are you in the mood for, girls?” 

The two looked at each other, unable to hold their laughter. 



They weren’t going to actually eat her, were they?



Something told them she was already spoiled. 



.






.





.



Andrealphus’ pacing didn’t stop when his sister took the Imp to the front garden, where they discussed rather loudly whatever horrid plans they had lined up.

Andrealphus’ pacing didn’t stop when Striker paraded his blessed-tip dagger and matching blessed rifle, while Stella, like a pining teenage-girl, thrusted a blessed rope in his face like a bouquet of roses. To which the assassin’s eyes grew comically wide and a furious blush started to hide beneath his wide, toothy, grin at the sight of it. 

Andrealphus’ pacing didn’t stop when one of his staff members saw him walking back and forth –in front of the front window, where the whole display was in full view– and offered him a handkerchief to wipe his perspiring forehead. 

It only stopped when he pressed his beak into the glass, seeing the two testing the rope on an incident hedge of grass…!

OH, WHY DON’T THEY JUST FUCK IN THE GARDEN, HUH?!” 

 

“Uh…sir…?” 

 

“WHAT?!” 

 

The staff member held up the handkerchief, “I am…um…still here, sir.” 

 

Andrealphus couldn’t even find the energy to be embarrassed, going to look at his sister squawking along to the deranged imp. 

“Pray, dear butler, do you think it was wrong of me to take her ladyship in?” 

The butler tensed, “Her Ladyship is a…delight, sir. We are happy to be of her service.” 

Andrealphus checked his expression, the butler’s shoulders practically to his horns.

“Right. And…do speak freely, my good man… do you find this display of…depravity my dear sister seems to be engaging in out there with that imp to be the way one so DELIGHTFUL should be…behaving?” 

The butler looked from him to the two outside, shoulders relaxing, “...Freely, sir?” 

Yes…” Andrealphus said tightly, and the butler cleared his throat.



“She behaves…and is…quite. Repugnant.” 

Andrealphus grabbed the imp, tossing him into the air, “FINALLY! AN OUNCE OF TRUTH IN THESE WALLS!” 

“Ah- sir!” 

“Why are you speaking?!” 

“I’m sorry sir!” 

Andrealphus was spinning, the Imp’s legs dangling in the wind they picked up, snowflakes dusting the air as they went, “How very good for you to be treated like this!” 

The Imp looked queasy, but coughed, “Y-yes sir…t-thank you sir..!” 

Some other staff members watched from afar, looking at each other worriedly. 

Their master seemed to be as agitated at the Marchioness as they were. 

The imp currently being tossed around shot a glare at the collection of imps watching, and made sure they had all scurried away before the Marquis could notice.

Andrealphus finally put the imp down, “Well then! Well…i’ve…seemed to have lost my train of thought!” 

He looked out toward the garden again, the two beginning to pack the weapons onto the Imp’s horse, while Stella’s personal servant loaded a couple things into one of Andrealphus’ cars. 

He narrowed his eyes, then looked back at the imp, still trying to regain his balance. 

…Andrealphus decided to call him ‘Dizzy.’ 

 

You have a new task for the day, my good man.” 

 

The butler’ eyebrows raised, “ Y-yes, sir?” 

 

Andrealphus looked back out the window, watching as Striker mounted his horse, and his sister was escorted to the car.

 

You can drive, can’t you?” 

 

“Of course, sir.” 

 

Andrealphus bent down towards the imp, “And do you think you could get me in touch with the security team, surely they may have all my vehicles bugged, don’t they?” 

The Imp raised a brow, “Of course, my lordship. It is a common safety precaution- Oh-!” 

Andrealphus was picking him up again, “Consider yourself promoted.” 

The Imp wasn’t so thrilled to be in the air again, but a chill ran up their spine.

 

We’ll be going on a little investigation.” 





.











.












.

Notes:

im so excited for the next episode u hav no IDEAA!
hb is like one of th only things keeping me sane at the moment and ive been writing but not POSTING TWT
i swear i will not leave u hanging for that long ever again (im saying this to the 2 ppl still reading lol com backk <3
i apologise for the sloppiness of this note lolol

Chapter 32: 3 Wars.

Notes:

wow im literally the shittiest fucking dnjijfnakf

ok hi guys sorry it literally always takes me a month i burn out easily now lol

anyway! BIG NOTE INCOMING IN THE END NOTES SOOO

if u wanna read it feel free :3 otherwise, enjoyyy<3

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

.




.




.



Stella flicked her sunglasses onto her forehead. 

Her personal servant offered her ladyship a drink, but she declined with a nod of her head, reaching for her rotary instead. 

 

Have you got a scent?” 

 

To the side of the car, riding along the road, was Striker, who looked down at his trusty horse. 

 

Ol’ Bombproof knows where she’s goin’, ma’m.” 

 

Stella smirked as the sun came back out from under the dark clouds, placing her glasses back on, revenge seering in her veins. 

Glorious.” She slammed the phone into it’s receiver, smiling as the car increased its speed. 

There wasn’t a speed limit fast enough to get her to where she needed to be, but thankfully, Stella hated abiding by the law. 

Striker glanced back at the shining angelic ropes and blessed pistols secured to the back of his Horse's saddle, turning back round to the road ahead. 

 

Time to wipe those puny, little, blue-blood suckers off the fuckin’ map. 



… 



Wow, how utterly confident those two are!” 

 

Andrealphus took the headphones off, peering only a second longer at the security cameras before him. 

“Dizzy”, his new favorite imp, had intercepted the security footage and audio that was connected to the car Stella had mooched off of him for the morning. And they were heading for somewhere just outside imp city…

“You’d think Old Stolas would pick a much more… remote place to hide, wouldn’t you?” 

Dizzy didn’t meet his eyes, still typing away. 

Andrealphus rolled his eyes, “But then again, how can we guarantee this is the right place The Owl is! You know the Marchioness.” 

“Indeed I do.” 

Oh, so you answer to that? Andrealphus almost chuckled, “And you know the cowboy?” 

Dizzy only stopped typing at that, looking around worriedly.

“Striker is quite infamous in wrath, my lordship.” 

“Is he?”

Dizzy nodded, “So, he most likely does indeed…know where he’s going.” The imp hovered over to another monitor, “However, who's to say the Imp…Prince Stolas has…may be where Striker meets his match…?” 

Andrealphus pondered, but then couldn’t hold back his laughter and slammed his fists in to the table.

“Well! Now that’s left is to wait until my Sister confirms our suspicions then.” 

Dizzy was startled as The Marquis willingly pulled up a chair next to him, peering at the screen intently…

 

"Uh...Sir...if I may speak freely." Dizzy said lowly, Andrealphus chirped.

"Oh, please. With complete candor." 

The imp coughed, "...Are you doing this to muddle The Marchioness' plans...? Or...?" 

The peacock-demon no longer looked pleased...because he knew exactly what the Imp was implying.

 

...

 

"...Are you in some way trying to protect Prince Stolas?" 

 

.




.




.
















Millie let out a long exhale, wiping the strays of blood and sweat from her face. It was true that her husband and herself were taking care of client’s while Blitz was working things out with Stolas. Sure, they had to decline some offers due to their lack of staff, but the clients they did have were manageable and the pay was decent. It would be foolish to say there weren’t any hiccups, but they made it work! 

“Heard anythin’ from B yet, honey?” Millie asked, the portal closing behind her as Moxxie looked over at his phone screen. 

“Nope. And I'm not going to count the selfie he sent me as anything.” 

“Well it is somethin’.” Millie dropped the axe onto the floor, the other imp handing her a towel to wipe herself off with. 

“...Has he at least given us some info on what we’re gonna do if we do go through with this?” 

Moxxie gave an unsure look, you’d have no way of knowing this, but Blitz didn’t keep the two in the dark about everything. 

He’d texted them in half-way eligible words the scoop on what was truly going on…or at least whatever pieces of information the other 4 of them had glued together. 

Sure, some of it was speculation, but there was no doubt Stolas’ ex-wife was behind this. 

And that all of them were in grave danger. 

“Well, Satan knows we’re definitely not getting rid of the Marchioness.” Moxxie sat his rifle down on the table, stepping over his wife's own abandoned weapon and sitting down. 

“And if Striker’s attached at her hip, that makes it all the more difficult.” 

“You’d think with how many times he’s fucked up this hit she’d fire him already.” 

They looked at each other, having a bit of an idea why she hasn’t gotten rid of him yet. 

Although, voices behind them decided to spell it out for the two. 

 

Can you really blame her? Imps are just irresistible!”

“I know, right?”

 

The 2 other imps jumped, Moxxie exclaiming.

“Dammit! What’s with you two and sneaking up on people?!”

“Blitz! Stolas!” Millie shouted despite being spooked as well, the two had a portal behind them, Moxxie still trying to wrap his brain around how they did it so seamlessly, but that was the least of his worries.

“Why’re you two here!? You should be in hiding…!” Moxxie whispered and looked around like the place was bugged or something, Stolas flicking his hand about the room to close all the blinds. 

“Yeah, but we finally got all the emotional shit out of the way and now it’s go-time.” Blitz covered one of the last windows Stolas hadn’t reached yet, “The girls are hanging back for safety. And they’ve already gotten an ear-ful on our plan. As for us? Conference room,” Blitz snapped his fingers, “Let’s go! Chop! Chop!”

“Woo!” Millie seemed to gain all her energy back as she elbowed Blitz, who smiled brightly back at her, oh he’d missed his office! Oh he missed his job! 

Stolas followed behind somewhat happily, Moxxie regarding him carefully.

“…Stolas?”

The owl looked down at him, the scar about his cheek already seeming mostly healed. 

Moxxie was about to say something encouraging, or sort of condescending considering the circumstances, but he just threw that to the wind, seeing him standing well on his own.

Even despite getting attacked mere days ago.

The imp felt a bit bad for underestimating him. 

“Never mind. Don’t worry.” Moxxie just said, “good to see you well.” 

Stolas grinned, “You’re looking well yourself. I’m sorry for stealing Blitz for a bit.” 

“Oh, no! Millie and I have been holding it down.” 

The Owl-demon hooted, “Glad to hear it. But let’s hope this game of cat and mouse finally ceases once we take care of this.” 

Moxxie nodded up to him, the two entering the room as Blitz was setting up his usual notepad on the whiteboard in front of the conference table. 

Stolas sat in Loona’s usual spot, while Millie pulled Moxxie to sit next to her, nuzzling his arm. 

“Okay, gang! I know I’ve been in the dark for a bit, but it doesn’t mean I haven’t been busy.” 

“- Plotting.” Stolas added, Blitz grinning at him. 

“On the money! I have been plotting to absolutely gut this cowboy fucker like a fish.” He tore the first page off the notepad, revealing all of I.M.P plus Stolas and Octavia sitting around a very poor drawing of a dead striker with his innards all about and flies buzzing around him. 

He worked on this all morning, by the way.” Stolas quietly said, Blitz shushing him.

“Anyway. Are we all up to speed with the whole Stolas’ ex being a no-good cunt-sicle, I hope?”

They all nodded, Millie closing her hands into fists. 

“Guess it really is a small world after all.” 

“And have we found out who wrote the article?” 

Stolas sighed, “Presumably orchestrated by my family…but personally, I think it was Andrealphus.”

“An…who?” Millie looked at Moxxie, who shrugged. 

“Oh yeah, we’re getting his ass too.” Blitz tore off the next page, crude drawings of the Marquis and his sister hanging above a pit of spikes. 

“Not rid! Just…” Stolas coughed, “I’ll not complain if they get a bit roughed up.” 

The other imps laughed, Stolas turning a bit pink. 

As Blitz continued on with the plan, as Stolas settled more comfortably in his seat, much content watching as Blitz and his employee’s were in their element. Even for a second, he was envious! 

Sure, Stolas was happy in his work, his papers, his spells, but there…he was alone.

 

“Stolas! We need your input!” 

“Yeah, what do you suggest?” 

 

 

Oh.

 

Oh, this is nice..! 

 

The Owl-demon cleared his throat, beaming at the three in front of him. 





There were 3 armies closing their ranks. 

 

A War was channeling, and dared to get ugly. 





But who really cares? 



Every single side was ready to draw blood…!



.











.











.

Notes:

HEY! this chapter took me probably MUCH LONGER THAN IT NEEDED TO BE because it's been simmering in my drafts for ages.
i was going to release it when I originally planned, but an Ephinay was thrusted down on me...

the title of the story doesn't make much sense.

It started off as a brain child of mine, "what if stolas worked for IMP ;P' and rolled with it...but then it became much more complex with that the more i built off some ideas.
it's become more or less, a story of Stolitz fighting for their right to...be together? they barely were able to even work together! Stolas hasn't even been able to BE the new receptionist because he's STILL trying to break free from his troubled past! He's so much MORE than the new receptionist. This STORY is so much more than that now! I don't mean to be misleading, i could've very well resolved ALL the past issues and written a nice, slice-of-life, of Stolas ACTUALLY adapting more to the commoners way...but the story has taken its shape...and it's simply...not that anymore!
That's why...i feel the rename is necessary!
(Also for my own sake because i was sitting in front of my computer screen like a zombie wondering where I went wrong with this story lmaoo because I started realizing how LITTLE there was of Stolas actually...working for IMP...and was all like "omfg this is a FRAUD TITLE DELETE IT ALLL")

but ive been on a self-hating kick lately, but with or without, the name is gonna change to something more fit! Sooo!
Just wanted to let yall know lol..thank you to anyone who made it to the end of this...and thanks for putting up with my antics<3 your support keeps my heart alive.

TL;DR : Due to the focus not mainly being on Stolas' role in IMP, the name will be changing to match the direction of the story <3 thank you for reading ...! <3

Chapter 33: Back.

Summary:

rebuilding…

Notes:

hi there
guess whose back
sorry for my absence.

i’m finally ready to write again~ a lot of life-changes happened between now and last time we spoke.

lets have fun ! hope you enjoy~

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text



They were back.



His landlord had taped the room off, but it was pretty much the same as how they left it.

It was Stolas’ first time back, but he wasn’t shaken, bending down to get through the doorway and surveying the damage. 

Blitz walked in after him, trying to control the look that tried taking over his face, Stolas reaching for his hand.

He remembered before they left in the morning, the trashbags Blitz had in his car that he treated with so much care…

“The bags you brought,” Stolas said carefully, “Were they…?”

“It's what I could save.” Blitz rushed out, like it hurt to say, looking down at the floor.

The owl chose his next words, his voice as gentle as could be.  

“You did all you could do in that moment, Blitz. You saved me, even after I…”

“Why wouldn’t I save you?!” Blitz said somewhat stricken, “I wanted to rip his head off for not killing him when I had the chance…and yeah…I was pissed you didn’t take that shot.” 

Stolas bowed his head, “I don’t blame you…I put us in a heap of trouble-” 

“-But I also…don’t hate you for not doin’ it.” 

Stolas looked puzzled, Blitz cleared his throat, “I used to think that kind of thing was stupid…the whole… using your brain thing.” 

The other tried to hide his little chuckle, but Blitz smiled too. 

“But that night, when we found out about the whole article, it really started making sense to me.”

“This is a really nice sentiment, Blitz, but killing him in that night would’ve really saved a lot of trouble-” 

“-Can’t you let me be nice for 5 fuckin’ seconds?! Satan’s balls! I’m standing here telling you I'm proud of you-!” 

“-Okay, okay!” 

Blitz let go of his hand, wrapping his arms around his own shoulders, thumbs rubbing. 

Stolas, Loona, and even himself noticed this change of heart. From that time Loona spoke to him while they cleaned here, to the two of them fighting at Moxxie and Millie’s apartment. But to really say it…to expand on all the ways this time had changed him; how Stolas has changed him…

How Stolas was changing for him.

How someone like him was allowing themselves to do such a thing for someone like himself.

 

Despite the craziness, the awfulness that was made just by them being together was…



It was words that Blitz didn’t have. 



Fuck , it was so many words that it was making his own head hurt with all of them, and Stolas let them take him away. 

After his imp was done struggling with himself, seeming to remember where he was and what he was doing there, he hoisted the duffel bag up off the floor and hastily gestured to the bird to follow.

“We’ll talk later about that.~” Stolas chirped, Blitz scoffed.

“If we survive.”

“Not with that attitude.” 

Blitz padded into their old room, tossing the duffel onto the ruined mattress with a puff of dust.

Stolas’ new catty mood remained, riding the high of Blitz’ flustering words as he surveyed the room, 

“Ah. how thoughtful of you to wipe my mess off the floor.” Stolas sat down next to the duffel bag, crossing his legs, “But the purpose of our trap is to allow Striker to track my scent.” 

“Well, how about you keep rubbing your ass all over this mattress and we’ll call that enough.”

Stolas raised a certain finger, and Blitz smiled innocently back at him, pulling out the remainder of his gear. 

“There’s still plenty of us all around this shithole, but we need a new scent. A fresh scent. Not the dried up blood we left a couple days ago.” 

Stolas found himself reaching up and cupping his cheek, feeling the fine feathering beginning to grow over the wound. 

“So…? Shall I just…?” 

Blitz checked the clock on his phone, “Nah, we got daylight to burn. ‘sides, Millie and Moxxie need to get here any day now.” 

“Oh. Well then we should probably busy ourselves, no?” The owl-demon reaches into the duffel and pulls out the grimoire, practically smoldering for use.

Despite having a hand in the planning, Stolas ached to help in any way he could that didn’t just involve him being bait. 

Blitz looked at him, wondering what he could be planning, but he waited expectantly, cracking his knuckles in a way that only made the Imp a bit conflicted in what they should be getting busy with. 

“…Sure, go for it, birdy.” Blitz said finally, being met with a bright smile and an eager partner flipping towards a certain page, sliding to the floor and gathering himself up on his knees. 

Watching for a moment as Blitz went back to the weapons before him, Stolas flipped through the enchanted pages, flecks of starlight and beams of the cosmos greeting him. 

He hated the look of devastation on his Blitz’s face when he looked around the ruins of his home…

There were spells to remedy this, perhaps not as easily, but he was willing to try!
And Blitz’s words from earlier were still enough morale for The owl to ease his mind and perform this spell with extra confidence…

Now, as Blitz was going through the plan in his mind, he was ultimately distracted as Stolas’ hands were illuminated with power, his book open before him as he mumbled.

The furniture Loona tried to salvage was rumbling, and its loose threading and bullet holes seemed to vanish slowly, like a time-lapse video moving backwards. Whatever Stolas was saying or doing, bid it to do so.

Blitz continued racking his weapons, but looked into the front room from where he stood to see if the same effect was happening to the couches, the windows…

 

only…

 

“uh? Stols’?”

 

He simply kept humming, the book beginning to rise from the floor in an illumination of power, pages shooting starlight through the room, hands waving round as his words only grew in intensity.

 

Here he goes, getting carried away! Quite literally, though, he was beginning to float up into the air-

 

Stolas, hey!” He grasped one of his shoulders, making his form shake and the grimoire dropping to the floor. 

“Oh!” Stolas looked around the room, “Just…fixing the damages…” his voice was trailing off as he realized what he’d done.

Blitz couldn't help but laugh a bit at the Owl’s expression. The redness rising in his face from the exertion, and laughed even more at the state the hotel was in.

Sure, it was cleaner, but…

“Oh, my…I’m sorry, Blitz! It seems like I got a bit…”

The healing spell Stolas performed did indeed work, but damage was now replaced with growin g foliage to replace the once broken materials. 

“Perhaps I should’ve… read…the spell first…”  His words disappeared as Blitz practically dropped the musket to the floor to go run his hand along the vine-covered windows, tiny buds and already blooming flowers here and there sprouting from the once gaping bullet holes. 

“I-i can undo it, of course! I just got…carried away!” Stolas was ready to do so, but Blitz raised his hand, smiling in awe.

“You…you fuckin’ brought my couch back to life.” He said sort of awestruck, plucking a flower from one of the divots, inspecting the soft moss beneath. 

“Just tell me we won’t have to worry about bees though, right?” 

Stolas beamed, “Of course not…they’re enchanted, but they will need tending to, and I act-” 

The imp pulled him by his collar, planting a hungry, absolutely devoted kiss to his beak.

 

Only Stolas would think of this kind of thing.

 

Only he could see a flower growing from a bullet hole. 




.




.





.











Notes:

more to come~ stay tuned :)

Notes:

Hope you enjoyed :3 lemme know if I made any mistakes, I didn’t proofread..
Leave ur thoughts in comments! Kudos appreciated.