Actions

Work Header

Saintober 2022

Chapter 31: Masquerade

Summary:

Aphrodite dances with a mysterious man.

Notes:

Aphrodite / Deathmask relationship.
Milo / Camus relationship.
Mū / Shaka relationship.

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

The ball had just started, the music filled the room as the couples dancing moved in synchrony throughout the dance floor.

The ladies looked beautiful in their long and puffy dresses, as those waved graciously when they walked or danced. The gentlemen appeared sharp with their full gala attire, frac and white tie. All of them were complimented perfectly with the gorgeous masks that covered everyone’s faces.

That was one of the perks and disadvantages of the event. One could dance with anyone anonymously, no strings attached; unless you actually liked your companion, in such case, you were doomed.

Aphrodite Bjorklund enjoyed himself only observing the pairs dancing. He noticed uncountable ladies awaiting a fine gentleman who might want to take them to the dance floor. He knew that was his duty as a man, but he hated dancing. Not the activity per se, but the companions, who were often unlikeable.

He noticed another man across the room, not dancing despite the large number of ladies, he had a cup of champagne in his hand and grinned at Aphrodite when they made eye contact.

The latter looked away, blushing a bit. Then he noticed a figure moving cautiously towards him.

“Would you like to dance?” Aphrodite jumped in surprise.

“Are you teasing me?” he asked, chuckling.

“Is that a no?” the man replied.

“It would be inappropriate, not to mention impossible”

“Nobody would know who is responsible for such an outrageous act,” the man grinned mischievously.

Aphrodite laughed softly, then widened his eyes when the man offered him his hand.

“You won’t regret it, I promise.”

Aphrodite hesitated, but eventually put his hand upon the other’s.

They began to walk towards the dance floor, as the remaining public mumbled scandalized.

The moment the man touched Bjorklund’s waist and brought him closer, he felt an electrifying sensation through his body; he gasped softly.

“What’s your name?”

The man denied with his head. “Nothing specific, that’s the beauty in all this event. And our insurance at this precise moment.”

As the couple danced, flabbergasting the rest of the attendants, another pair observed them attentively.

“You were right, Shaka. We can be ourselves without the need to hide.”

“Because we’re already hidden. It’s nor perfect, but it will give me the chance to finally dance with you, Mū”

The blond offered his hand to his companion, joining the other two men.

Little by little more untraditional couples joined the dance floor, enjoying the anonymity of the masquerade.

“Milo, wait…”

“C’mon! No one will know!!! Don’t be a coward, Camus! Take some chances!”

Milo grabbed his partner by the arm, dragging him into the dance floor.

After a lot of dancing and moments of pure joy, the man who danced with Aphrodite decided it was time to part.

“Can’t you stay a little longer?”

“I’m afraid not. But dancing with you was the most wondrous moment of my whole life.” The man held Bjorklund’s hand and kissed it on the back.

Before Aphrodite could say anything, the man disappeared among the crowd.

Still being thunderstruck by the man’s actions, he noticed something inside his hand.

He opened it slowly revealing a piece of paper with a word written on it with the most beautiful handwriting:

“Angelo”

Notes:

With this, I finished Saintober. I can’t believe I made til the end, I might have skipped a day or two, but all the prompts are now published.

Thank you very much to all the lovely people who read it, I hope you enjoyed them as much as I enjoyed writing them.

╰(*´︶`*)╯♡