Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Categories:
Fandoms:
Relationships:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Series:
Part 1 of BL Prompt Meme Claims
Collections:
5+1 Things Prompts
Stats:
Published:
2022-09-19
Completed:
2022-09-19
Words:
9,169
Chapters:
6/6
Comments:
2
Kudos:
128
Bookmarks:
12
Hits:
3,435

How do you accept help? Team Doesn't know.

Summary:

5 times when Team can't answer that he really isn't fine, to his chosen family, and the 1 time he finally is willing to accept the help.

Notes:

I want to let everyone know that all six chapters have trigger warnings. If any of the tags, above, make you nervous, I would advise treading carefully. Nothing is explicit, and it will all end happily. I just wanted to let you know just in case.

Prompt:

Five times Character A refused to ask for help, and the one time they asked for help.

Chapter 1: 1. Sinking into the Darkness

Chapter Text

Darkness, all I can see is darkness around me. I tell myself to breathe in and out, but no, I can’t. I am now in the water, how am I supposed to breathe? I am not a fish, no matter how much my friends tease me about it every day. I know my first instinct should be to ask for help or, call for it, maybe. No, I can’t do that, how can I? Nobody would want to come to help, not if they had a choice. Blond hair keeps coming into my thoughts, beautiful eyes, tattoos, piercings, and a smile that lights up a room. No! He would never come willingly, he would feel obligated. So, here I am stuck in this darkness, but it’s okay because breathing stops. Then you just let gravity take you to the lowest part of the ocean.

I wouldn’t be missed, everyone would forget about me, and then I hear that scream for help. What am I supposed to do for somebody else’s cry for help, if I can’t ask for it too? No, I can’t be that selfish, I try to look around the murky water, to see where the scream came from.

Just keep swimming, I tell myself, but I feel like I am just going around in a circle of pure darkness. That's when my thoughts start drifting away, and I can’t think, I can’t breathe, I feel alone, but that’s how I am supposed to be. I tell myself that it’s okay to be alone, because, that’s how I should feel, I need to feel alone, it will prove to everyone else, that I am not good enough to be around their greatness. I feel like I am suffocating, but that’s just my body’s natural ability to keep me breathing, if my body can just relax, and let it happen. Maybe, I will be happy, then I feel something holding onto me and trying to pull me up, but I still as I hear that scream again, can I get to it? I don’t know, I try to kick out of the hold so, I can at least try to help. It will be one last good thing before I die.

Darkness is still around me, and I am not able to kick anything, but the screaming keeps happening. I feel like crying, I just want to do this one last thing, before the water takes my breath full away, and I sink to the floor. I feel myself sinking further the more I try to kick, and the hold feels like my arm is bruising. It all feels too much, and feel like I am going to die, it seems to set in right then and there.

Then suddenly my eyes open, and I am sitting up in my bed, with tears coming down my face, and pressure on my chest. I can barely breathe, and I feel like it’s coming out as pants, shallow, and way too quick, to be proper breathing. I start to tear up again when a thought comes to my mind, It was just a dream, all of it was just a dream. Well no, not all of it is a dream, those thoughts indeed come to my head all the time, and what am I supposed to do, but believe in them?

I feel my body starting to get out of bed, and my brain starts to register that I am automatically getting the key card, that is in my side drawer. Then, when I grab onto it, I see movement behind me and turn to see the sleeping face of the blonde I thought of in my dream. I can’t stop looking at his face, especially when he is sleeping, he just looks so peaceful. I know that he has way more going on with him than I do, with classes, tutoring sessions with his juniors, his family business, being a vice president of our swim club, and of course all of his family events. Of course, that is not even talking about trying to spend time with friends and me, his boyfriend. Wow, I feel those butterflies again, just thinking about that one word, I don’t feel like I deserve him, I am not nearly as good as him. Why did that have to be a dream? They wouldn’t have to worry about me anymore and realize that they are better off without me.

“Team?” A sleepy voice gets me out of my thoughts, I blink a couple of times and look over at the sleepy eyes looking at me. Before I can say anything, he scans my face and his face looks concerned, “What’s wrong?”

Part of me, wants to tell him, but I know I can’t because that would just worry him more, and he has enough to worry about without me adding to it. So, I lie, “Nothing Hia, I just woke up and forgot you came into my room last night. I am sorry, that I woke you up.” I feel a bitter taste in my mouth from the lie I just easily told to the one person I hate to lie to most, but I know I have to do this. So, I tell myself to try to smile to show that I am fine and that he doesn’t have to worry.

Though by the look on his face, it doesn’t work, it doesn’t seem like he will push. He just opens up his arms and when I don’t come into the embrace right away, he reaches out one of them and drags me on the bed, making me cuddle right into his chest. As soon as I settle in and relax my body, I feel a small kiss on top of my head, and then he pulls my head back. Then he looks me in the eye, and says, “You can wake me up any time, I want to be there for you. You don’t know how much I love you, Team. You are my world, Baby.” Then I feel another small kiss on my forehead and I relax in his embrace.

I smile slightly, and then whisper, “I love you too, Hia.” Which earns me a deeper squeeze and a feeling full of love fills the room.

Chapter 2: 2. Not So Loving Parents

Summary:

Team does not have great parents, but has some good family that are there for him if he just accepts.

Notes:

TRIGGER WARNING:
- Implied Child Abuse
- Implied Homophobia

Both of these are not explicit, and can come off as just parents, but it is heavily implied. So, if those are triggers for you, please tread carefully.

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text



USERNAMES:

Math_is_Life:  Kao (From Kiss Me/Dark Blue Kiss Series)

Fish_out_of_water:  Team

About_Aboyz_Pete:  Pete (From Kiss Me/Dark Blue Kiss Series)



2.

It was just any other day to me, when I think about it, coming out of class, Manaow and Pharm talking excitedly because it’s lunchtime. I keep hearing snippets of conversation, that are being said right beside me. The problem is that the text message is getting to me, it was a very simple message, only a few words, but with so much meaning. 

 

I feel a vibration coming from my phone, try to ignore it, but then comes the next vibration, and then one more. I know if I wait any longer to pick it up, it will just get worse. So, I take out my phone and tell my head to look down, even if there is so much fear that comes with it. I take a couple of breaths, thinking that it could be anyone. It could be Del, Dean, Pruk, Win, or Win’s family chat. I can’t help the smile that comes to my face, thinking about it, I am part of his family chat. I was added to so long ago, apparently dating their son, even for a couple of months, which was when I met them, is enough for me to be considered family. 

 

‘No,’ I tell myself, I need to focus, click the phone screen on, and mentally prepare myself. There are two text messages on the screen.


From Mrs. Siriyothin

 

Teerayu, how are you doing in classes? I saw your team got second place in the competition, last week. How are your friends? Are you dating anyone?

 

From Mr. Siriyothin

 

Your mother wants you to call later today.


I gulp slightly, to anyone else, those seem like pleasant messages from parents who are wanting to check in. Though I know what they mean, and it is nothing good, this is what is really being said in these passive-aggressive messages. 


From Mrs. Siriyothin:

 

You better be getting at least B’s in every class and striving for A’s. I don’t care if you are on scholarship, if you don’t get good grades, we will make sure you are not swimming anymore. If you can’t keep up with both, then do better. Only, second place for swimming, you can do better, you need to show that you are a Siriyothin, and our reputation is on the line. I bet your friends are doing better than you, they will eventually see that. It might be better for you to just leave them because they might be changing you. Their lifestyles might rub off on you, and we don’t want that. I know you are dating, why didn’t you tell me? Your girlfriend is pretty, right?! I will only accept beautiful grandchildren. 

 

From Mr. Siriyothin:

 

I will have your mother deal with you. I lost faith in you long ago, ever since you went to that school full of those people. Though, if you ruin the Siriyothin name again, you will not have it any longer.


In the back of my head I know that they are wrong, my friends are the best things to come into my life, and my boyfriend even better. They are more like a family to me than my actual family. This is why I feel so special that I am now a member of Win’s family, it makes me feel so loved. His mom told me as much, in a line message, while trying to coordinate a family dinner for this weekend, that was sent yesterday. 

 

Stuck in my thoughts, I barely feel another vibration coming from my phone, and look down to see a couple of messages on Line.

 

 

Then the dreaded message started my worries.

 

 INDIVIDUAL CHAT: Math_is_Life:

 

Math_is_Life: Are you okay? Mae told me, that if you need a place to stay when you come home, you can stay with us. 

 

Math_is_Life: I am sorry, I think your Por heard part of our conversation a couple of days ago. 

 

I sigh and know that I can’t let him blame himself

 

Fish_out_of_water: It’s okay, it is not your fault. Thank you for telling me. Wait, isn’t it a date night, you should focus on your boyfriend. 

 

Of course, right after I hit send, three more messages come in. 

 

Math_is_Life: Team, I am your cousin, and family, of course, I am going to look out for you. 

 

Math_is_Life: I was serious about the place to stay, please consider it. I know how your parents are, and the rest of the family, so know that Mae and I are on your side.

 

Math_is_Life: Yes, it is date night, but you are probably the only person who Pete does not get jealous of me texting during date night. 

 

I smile slightly and am about to reply when I get a new line message.

 

INDIVIDUAL CHAT: About_Aboyz_Pete:

 

About_Aboyz_Pete: I heard from Kao, are you okay? I know you are like a younger brother to him, and he wants to take care of you. Furthermore, I am not saying you have to accept the help, but, just think about it. Also, he is not the only one who worries, you can count on us and trust us. 

 

Fish_out_of_water: Thank you so much!! My cousin chose a good man.


 

I know I can’t let them help me too much, they already do enough for me. Though I know I appreciate the thought.

Notes:

If you want to check out more of my work, I am starting a BL Prompts One-shot series.

This is the link to the fic: https://archiveofourown.org/works/41751843/chapters/104745774

Please comment any prompt ideas you have on any of the chapters.

Otherwise, thanks for reading this fic, it took some time.

Remember, you are beautiful <3 <3 ;) :)

Chapter 3: 3. 01:15

Summary:

Life sometimes make it tough to do well in swimming, how will Team handle it?

Notes:

If you want to check out more of what I am doing, I put up the first chapter in my BL Prompts series, you can check it out here:

https://archiveofourown.org/works/41751843/chapters/104745774

Please comment any prompt ideas you have on any of the chapters of the BL Prompt fic.
...

Back to the fic:

TRIGGER WARNINGS:
- Self Esteem Issues
- Insecurity

Not very explicit at all in this chapter, I just put it here as a warning.

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

3.

 

01:15

 

01:15

 

01:15

 

How could I get 01:15, I know it might not sound like much, to anyone who is not a competitive swimmer. However, to a swimmer who is training for the competition in a couple of weeks, it is everything. I am supposed to be one of the best swimmers on the team, that is why I got the scholarship, that is why I got special training just for me. I know that sounds like a lot of pressure, and I am only 18, but that doesn’t matter, I deserve the pressure. 

 

I look down at the pool glaring, like it is at fault for my high time, but I know I can’t blame anything, but myself. I knew I was feeling off today, didn’t get much sleep, so I fell asleep and missed lunch. Now, my stomach is making me regret it, especially when I started to feel that cramp deep in my abdomen, knowing that is my body telling me to take care of myself. 

 

I hear Dean’s whistle telling us that practice is over, and I know I should go, so I can get my room ready. Pharm and Manaow were going to sleep over tonight, we were planning to study and then relax. My stomach already starts growling thinking about the possibility of Pharm’s cooking. 

 

However, as soon as I look down at the pool, I know that I won't be able to think about anything else. I know I should listen to everyone and go in, but I need to lower my time, even if I can do anything else. I am preparing myself to ask Hia to stay with me, so I can try it, when I feel a hand on my shoulder. I startle and turn around maybe a little too fast as my foot slips and because I was so close to the pool, the next thing I know, I am falling and in the water again. I swim to the top and blink my eyes open to see a worried looking Dean standing there, holding his hand out. 

 

It takes me a second to register his mouth moving and after tilting my head to the side a couple of times, to get the water out, I hear his worried voice, “Are you okay? Team, are you hurt at all, it sounded almost like you did a belly flop, do you have any pain? Take my hand and I can take you to the infirmary after we get dressed.”

 

Shaking my head, I put my hands on the side of the pool and lift myself up. When I finally get out of the pool, I look over to register what was being said, and finally reply, “I am okay, you just scared me. I didn’t expect anyone else to be in the pool area anymore.” 

 

Looking like he doesn’t believe me, but knowing he can’t do anything about it, he sighs and puts a towel around my shoulders. Which I didn’t even know he had, but as I think about it, he had it in his hand before I fell in to the pool, like an idiot. As I feel the warmness from the towel slightly, I feel a little better, but I still think about my times. Which I know, stupid right!?! I just fell into the pool, which could have turned out a lot worse than it did, and I am still thinking about the 5 seconds I was off. Though what can I say, I worry about the stupid things, and then don’t ask for help with those things. For instance, how the person standing right in front of me could be a big help, but I don’t dare ask. 

 

“Team?” I look up at the concern still in the swimming club president’s face. Apparently, I took too long to answer, because I feel that hand on my shoulder again, that I will never tell anyone, is very comforting. Then as a follow-up, I hear him saying it again and adding, “Are you sure you are okay?” 

 

I make myself smile, even if it probably not entirely there, because I am too tired, “Yeah I am sure. Aren’t you supposed to be doing that study group with Win after this, you should probably go.” 

 

He sighs and then nods his head, “Yes I do, and I know that Manaow and Pharm are waiting for you, so let's go and get dressed.” He turns away for a second, and then when he doesn’t register that I am following, he turns and puts a hand on my arm and drags me to the locker room. I laugh lightly, hearing the mumbling he is doing, while dragging me to the room. 

 

When I get there I feel a new since of energy and quickly shower and get dressed and when we are both ready, he turns to me, and smiles. Before I can say, ‘Lets Go,’ he starts talking, “Team, I know that it sometimes seems like we are only each other's best friend’s boyfriend or boyfriend’s best friend, but you are more than that. Yes you are that, but you are also my junior, and I am your senior, and even more than that you are my friend.” He stops and smiles, “I even consider you a younger brother.” His smile turns to a frown, “Though, because of that, I sometimes worry about you, you don’t seem to ever ask for help. We all find out too late about what is going on with you, so know that I am here if you ever need anything. You can rely on me.” Then he does the most unexpected thing, and grabs me, and crushes me with a hug. 

 

I never thought that I would feel so cared for, even though I know in my heart that I will never accept that help, I appreciate that he offered. As he releases me, I smile, and we walk out of the locker room, both smiling. 

 

Then later that evening I send a message,

 


 

To I_Love_The_Cook:

Thank you for today, and I feel the same, you are the protective and stern brother I never had. 

 


 

I smile and laugh slightly when I look down at my phone again at the vibration.

 


 

From I_Love_The_Cook:

Anytime, just don’t fall in the pool again, or I will give you the pool safety speech again. No, better idea, I will have to Win do it, which means that I will have to tell him about this. 

I know you are more scared of that happening, than anything I could do.

 

Notes:

Thank you so much for staying to this point in the story, I wanted to have a little bit better of a chapter to make up for the last two.

Though, I apologize it will get hard for Team again, but I promise there will be a happy ending.

You are all wonderful people, who deserve the world!!! Love you all so much.

Kudos and comments are great, but definitely not expected.

:) :)

Chapter 4: 4. Not Fitting the Expectations

Summary:

Team has some worries about his body, and doesn't understand why people like it, when he doesn't fit into what people expect him to be.

Notes:

TRIGGER WARNINGS:
- Implied Eating Disorder
- Toxic Masculinity
- Body Dysphoria

Yes, this is an angsty fic, but I promise it is not too explicit any of it. If you think you can try, please read it.

Also, if you would like to listen to something while reading this chapter, that will pick you up even a little.

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

Check Out:

Mirror By: Chase Goehring

 

4. 

 

Men shouldn’t have thick thighs. 

Men shouldn’t have a bigger butt.

Men should have a firm stomach.

Men shouldn’t have a baby face anymore, no puffy cheeks. 

Men should be stronger.

Men shouldn’t show emotions. 

 

It feels like an anthem, I am telling myself every single time I look into the mirror. I look around and know that I get judged because of these statements. I hear the snickers from the new teammates every time I get a bag of lays out. I see the grins and smirks when I stand in front of the mirror in the locker room half naked. I feel the stares as I walk out to the diving board, just knowing that they are judging. 

 

I hear the snickers and glares when I sit with Win. If I look at them, I just know that their looks would be full of pity not for me, but for him, Win, my Hia, my boyfriend. I knew that Win was popular before we started dating, I knew he was popular when we were just friends, but I didn’t know we would be judged this easily. I know I am not cool enough, funny enough, cute enough, handsome enough, sexy enough, or any other thing that I could say about my friends. 

 

I am not strikingly handsome like Dean.

I am not drop-dead gorgeous like Win. 

I am not adorable like Pharm. 

I don’t have the blazing hotness of Pruk.

I don’t have the humor of Don. 

I don’t have the sweetness of Mew.

I don’t have the passion and love that Manaow has.

I don’t have the loving nature of Del.

 

How did I make these people as friends, and even more have this breathtaking, funny, caring, protective, wonderful, sweetheart of a man, as my boyfriend? I don’t know the answer, though I have known this for a while. How can these people still make me feel like crap about these issues. 

 

I look down at the food in front of me, and see the amount of food is on the plate. I see the Pad Kee Mao in front of me, something that would usually make me so happy, and thirsting for more. Today, though, I feel like I can see the amount of calories and the fat just adding to my body. I want to hit myself for not coming early, to maybe get that Som Tam or something. Though I didn’t and now, I have to try not to think about the amount of fat going in my body, when I eat the wonderful food that my boyfriend bought for me. I know that if I don’t try to eat some of it, more than one person at this table will worry. So, knowing that, I try to eat a couple of bites and try to get into the conversation. I hope that it is enough, that nobody will notice I didn’t eat much and if they do, they can just think that I was too much into the conversation to eat. 

 

As we all got up for afternoon classes, practice, and other club activities (depending on the person), I feel a glare on me, but don’t look up to see who it is. As I put everything back away in my bag to hopefully go to the locker room early, so I can beat people there and have the area for myself, I don’t look at anyone. Then, when I am ready I look up and wave at Pharm, Manaow, Del, and Don, as I start walking away to my destination. The whole way, not knowing that there are two worried sets of eyes, looking after me. 

 

Focusing on my way to the pool, gets me out of thoughts, but sadly not enough to not realize the hungry sound coming from my stomach. Knowing that if I go in there and Pruk, Win, or Dean hear that, I will be made to eat. So, I fill up a water bottle at the closest drinking fountain and drink a few gulps, hoping that it will lessen my need for food. I put it back in my bag, and run a little bit to try to get to the locker room first. When I finally get there, I walk quickly to the locker room, and see that it looks I was first. 

 

After taking a few breaths from the running, and setting down my bag on the bench, I start getting my suit, cap, and goggles out. I sigh, as I feel like I can get away from my friends not knowing anything, when I pick it up and start heading to the toilets, so I can get dressed. Then that is when I see him, he looks like he is going to stare me down until I tell him all of my secrets. I try to smile, and look into his eyes, “Hi Pruk, I didn’t know you were here.” 

 

I try not to look away, as I feel him inspecting me again and when I am about to say something else, he speaks up, “Why did you leave lunch so quickly? Are you okay? Did you eat much? I know you are not supposed to eat in here, but I did get a bag of Lays for you, if you want it.” He apparently sees the worry on my face, because he sighs, “You can tell me anything, you are not just my junior, but my friend. Only eat it if you want to and if you are hungry. I just wanted to let you know, that we were all planning to go out to that new Japanese restaurant at the mall after practice. You left too early to hear about it. Well, I will be out there, if you need anything.” From the last statement, I look at him fully and realize that he was already in his suit. How did he get here before me, but of course before I can ask him, he has already left. 

 

So, I start to go to the restroom I was heading towards, and sigh when I get there. As I start putting my suit on, it hits me that he said dinner. Oh no, how am I supposed to get out of that, without any of them to grow suspicious? I am not sure if I can get another offer of help, because I don’t deserve the help. This is what I am supposed to be, otherwise I will be more fat. 

Notes:

Everybody's so judgmental
Everybody's so hateful
They may not like the way you look
But you're beautiful, so smile

Remember those words, the next time you worry about what you look like.

Chapter 5: 5. Words Hurt

Summary:

Team is ready to fight when somebody is homophobic or biphobic to his friends or boyfriend, but what happens if the comments get said to him?

Notes:

TRIGGER WARNINGS:
- Homophobic Language
- Sexual Harassment

This is Angsty, and I wanted to crawl out of my skin from these characters that I made.

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

5.

I have heard those words multiple time throughout my life, from my parents, my aunts, and uncles, cousins, acquaintances in high school, even friends there, and so many strangers or just random people. The one group of people I never thought I would hear it from, was my college friends. No, not my closest group, but some swim team, apparently they are not happy with whom the club president, vice president, secretary, are. I heard the phrase, “Am I going to turn into one of them, now?” I was close to throwing punches, and I know I saw Pharm having to hold Manaow back from doing something alike. Pharm didn’t seem like he was much better than the two of us.

I made myself, Pharm and Manaow (with both of us pushing her, she went with us), keep walking away. I knew if we stayed there for too long, one of us would have done something. As we are walking, I think about if one of them was talking about me, we would not be able to restrain Manaow, and by the look on Pharm’s face, he would let her go. The good thing for everyone involved that they didn’t mention me, and I don’t even know that I am gay. Only the closest people to us, know that Win and I are dating (Pharm, Manaow, Dean, Pruk, Del, Don, and Mew). Of course that is only the people go to school here, Win’s family all know about us, Kao, Pete, Auntie (Kao’s Mae), some of Kao’s friends, some of Win and Dean’s high school friends do too. We are not hiding, we just don’t feel the need for everyone to know. Though if Win wanted or needed to tell everyone, I would happily, because I am proud to be his.
I feel a poke in my cheek, and look up to see Pharm and Manaow looking at me teasingly. I look over at Pharm with confusion, and he just laughs slightly, “You spaced out, we were trying to get your attention.”

I can feel my cheeks starting to go red, as Manaow says a little too loudly, “Were you thinking about P’Win?” She smirks when she sees my cheeks, and is about to say something more, but luckily Pharm saves me.

He smiles and says, “Are you okay? You kind of just stopped walking, we both tried to talk to you, and when we didn’t get a reaction we looked back, and we do, we see you standing there, about 15 steps back. We didn’t know what to do, so we just tried to talk to you again, and then Manaow poked you in the cheek, and you know the rest.”

I try to put on my best smile and say, “Yes, I am okay, sorry about the delay. I guess I just got lost in my thoughts, but I am okay. Now, let's go get food, I am hungry,“ really hoping that they follow behind. Luckily I am right, when I hear Pharm starting to talk me from my side, and I start to feel better.

It isn’t until a couple of days later, that I hear the comments again. It was just a normal swim practice, I was feeling tired, after a stupid argument last night, Hia and I didn’t cuddle like we usually do, and so I didn’t sleep as well. I honestly don’t even know what it was about, laundry maybe, or something else “Disgustingly domestic,” as Manaow likes to call it. Ever since, we moved in together, we try not to keep bigger fights tell the morning, you know, never going to bed angry and all. Though, with living together, we now argue about the stupidest things, like laundry, or dishes, or other things. The problem is we don’t solve those in one night, and then we have sleepless nights, and then not talking about it in the morning. This morning I woke up late, and was rushing out the door, and didn’t even kiss him goodbye. Which was, of course, harder when, at lunch, we were around all of our friends so, we couldn’t talk about our argument.

With classes in between the morning and lunch, with Manaow talking about her love life, and how she went on a date with her partners, and it was the best. Oh, and of course, seeing the happiness on Manaow’s face, I just couldn’t talk about my stupid thing last night. Sometimes, I wish that we weren't all with partners at the same time, because there is always one of us, who is too happy to lessen to talk about our issues. No, I can’t say that, because even though it is hard, I love my two best friends, and am so happy that they are happy. Dean and Pharm have been through too much, to not be happy, and Manaow, has such twisting road for her relationship, but now all three of us are so happy, and I love it. I just wish that I got sleep last night, wish Win and I didn’t have that stupid argument, wish I kissed him this morning to make up, because it made everything today so much worse.

I sighed and got out of the pool, and then had to smile when Win and Dean decided to do a race amongst themselves. I slightly roll my eyes when Pruk smirked at the two with the timer in hand and then giving the other timer to me. He leaned towards my ear and whispers, “Let’s show them,” and leans away, wrapping his arm around my shoulder. Slightly surprised, I go over those words again, and realize what they mean, Pruk knows about those comments. I laugh slightly, gladly agreeing, knowing that whatever he has in mind, I will be having fun with. As Win and Dean get set up, Pruk turns to me and in a louder voice for everyone to hear, “You time Win, and I will time Dean,” I nod my head in response.

Then the next 56 seconds, was chanting and yelling from all around me, everybody calls out Win’s or Dean’s name. I laugh and enjoy it, and then watch come closer to our side, and get ready to push stop. Dean wins sadly by a couple of seconds, and gets all the smiles from Pharm, who jumped down from the stands as soon as we cleared it and Dean called practice. So, even though Win complained, I knew he was happy for his best friend. I shake my head, and hand the other timer back to Pruk who smirks at me. My friends are weird, I keep thinking, especially when Mew puts his arm around my shoulders and whispers, “Don’t smile too much, your favoritism is showing. Though I would have thought, that you would favor your boyfriend more.” I shove him away, as he goes away laughing,

From the corner of my eye I see some bulging eyes, looking at me, and then at Win, Dean, and Pruk all standing together laughing, with Dean and Win teasing Pruk, for probably his date last night. I don’t think anything of it, and go to the locker rooms to take a longer shower, and find myself losing myself in the steam and feeling of my sore muscles loosening. So, when I get out, I don’t realize how long I have been in there, until I see no one else I really knew in the room. Which makes the worry bubble in my stomach, but I try to ignore it. I get dressed normally, maybe a little faster than normal, which is when I see those guys from before who made the comments coming by my locker. I get slightly scared right away, not knowing what to do, I feel anger from before burning me in the pit of my stomach, but I can’t do anything about it. I promised Win that I won't get into another fight unless it is self-defense, after I almost went to the hospital last time.

So, I just decide to try to ignore them, and get out of the room as quick as possible. I count in my head, while I get dressed, the whole time hearing some of the things they are saying. One of them, possibly named Boss, starts, “I can’t believe they did that during practice, it’s like how is it fair for any of them to race like that? We all know they are very close,” which makes the other two, laugh.

I try not to respond or even acknowledge them, but then idiot #2 has to speak in response, “Yeah, they are very close, don’t you think that they are probably sharing that boyfriend of his? I mean I wonder if you can just pick one guy, probably not, being a slut is in their genes. Especially, our oh so kind Vice President of ours,” you can just feel the sarcasm dripping in those words, “did you two know, he used to get with girls and guys, like all the time? He seriously can’t choose one or the other, and has to ruin these girls for the rest of us normal guys. Oh, and apparently Pruk is like that too, but worse, he is dating two girls right now, I mean it’s just kind of selfish.” There is so much laughter coming out of the guys that I try to ignore and try not to clench my fists, knowing if I clench, I will throw a punch. I finish getting ready, and am about to walk out when the guy, I think is named Boss, looks at me, and says, “Hey Team, how did you get so close to those faggots?”

Telling myself not to clench, I don’t respond and keep walking, until the second one holds me back. As I turn around he says, “Hey, he was talking to you,” and then as if he remembered something he smirks, “Oh wait, is it true, what Pruk said? Are you a fag too, are you with Win, or maybe Dean, or maybe even Pruk?” Then he puts his hand over his mouth, like he is surprised, “Oh, don’t tell me you are all of their bitches.” He drags his hand down my face and grins, “Oh, I know why they keep you, your big plump lips must be great for blowjobs. I have heard once that a guy can do it way better than a girl can, I would love to try.” As he strokes his hand down my face, I feel like I am going to throw up, and his friends keep laughing. Which obviously eggs him on, “Come on slut, be a good boy, and get down on your knees, or do you need to be fucked first?” I clench my fists and count down in my head, the whole time trying to back out of the room.

As soon as I am out of the room, I walk fast until I am at the doors to outside the pool area, and breathe. I am still so scared, so I start running till I get to our usual lunch table, because we said we would all meet there before going out to dinner. When I get there, I sit down, trying to breathe calmly, and then look up to see two worried looks. I try to smile, though I feel tears trying to come out of my eyes, so I look down and then pull myself together. When I finally did, “Del? Don? I thought you won’t be here for another 10 minutes, wasn’t your grandma coming to campus to see you two and your brother?” I smile slightly, trying to reassure them that I am okay.

They both don’t seem reassured, but finally Don responds, “We were supposed to, but Dean and Pharm took lead in it, and so we came here, to wait for everyone. Are you okay? You seem really frazzled, and like you are scared of something. We are here for you?” I nod my head, knowing that I can’t answer with words, and luckily before they can ask any more questions, Manaow comes up and starts rapidly talking to Del about practice, distracting her.

Notes:

I want to let you all know how much I hate homophobia and biphobia, and it hurts me personally. Please stand up to those kinds of comments, if you can't ignore, and don't be a bystander to it, because it can hurt people too.

Kudos and comments are love, but only if you want to.

I love you all for just reading this.

Chapter 6: +1. Found Family vs. Mr and Mrs. Siriyothin

Summary:

Finding a chosen family and people who love, care, and want to protect him, help Team see a reason to finally accept help.

Notes:

Relationship Timeline for Win and Team for this story:

December 2019 (Team's Fresher year): Team and Win become official boyfriends.

February 2020 (Around the end of Team's Fresher year): Team met Win's family.

November 2020 (Team's Second year): Team and Win move in together

February 2021 (End of Team's Second year): Win, Dean, and Pruk graduate.

Late July 2021 (Team's Third Year): Win moves to London.

That is 1 year and 7 months into their relationship, so this chapter is set about 1 year and 2 months of them being long distance.

P.S. Find the other crossover, it's a small moment. If you find it please tell me in the comments. The reason why it's not part of the fandom's for the list, is because it has such a small part.

Oh, and if you want to read anymore BL from me, please check out my BL prompts:

https://archiveofourown.org/works/41751843/chapters/104745774

If you have any prompt ideas please comment on the first chapter or any of them of the BL Prompt fic.

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

+1:

 

2 years, 10 months, 15 days, 4 hours, 13 minutes, and probably 50 seconds.

 

That is how long I have been dating, the best decision of my life. I love him so much, and if I didn’t meet him, I am not sure if I would be ready to meet the other varying friends I met. , See here is the thing, I grew up with parents who didn’t really believe that I should find friends outside their social circle of them. Those apparent friends were never that great of people, the only thing we all had in common is our shared feeling of responsibility to be what our parents want us to be. I think aside from me, there was only one other person who could move away and away from them, which definitely worked out for me. 

 

I met friends who are actual people outside their parents, who have things in common with me. I didn’t just make friends, the same age as me, but people that are older, Dean and Pruk are so great. Oh, and then through our friendship with his brother and sister, we made friends with Don as well. 

 

Though, none of those friendships compare to my surprise or excitement of meeting him, Phawin Wanichakarnjonkul or what we all call him, Win. Our friendship started out kind of weird, being senior and junior and I thought it was only going to be swimming that we had in common, but it turned out we were wrong. It started with Del coming to be part of our little circle of friends, who just happens to be the little sister of Dean. Dean, who was somebody I was already starting to be friends with, but who is also the apparent soulmate of Pharm, my best friend. Of course, it gets crazier than that, because not only that, but Dean was the best friend of none other than Win. So, because of those two we started hanging out, outside the relation to swimming. 

 

Then about a month in our friendship, we slept together, I mean I lost my virginity to one of my friends who I might be starting to like as more by that point. Oh, who am I kidding I liked him as more from this moment of seeing him, then it just grew. He has the looks of a bad boy, and the personality of a golden retriever. He is a great friend, a protective, and loving brother, a caring son. He is protective of his juniors and always willing to tutor anyone if they need it, he is strict when it comes to his duties of VP of the swim team, but it’s because he sees our potential. I probably could say so many things about him, but I think the best thing you could say about him, is he always wants everyone to be happy, no matter what. Sometimes he sadly puts it above his own, which is why I have made it my duty since even before we officially started dating, near Christmas two years ago, to try to make it, so he is happy too. He is the best thing to happen to me, and it has been a crazy rollercoaster of a relationship, but I would never choose anyone else. 

 

Even now, we have been long distant for a little over a year now, and the distance has been hard, especially, and we were living together before he left. Though, I never lost faith in our relationship, especially when we try to call every night, and text as much as possible. Oh yeah, and did I forget to say that his family is so wealthy that I took so many trips to England, and he came here. It’s been crazy, and just added to our rollercoaster of relationship, but that is okay. Especially when Win’s family has been the supportive amazing people they are, Hia’s mom said that I was family before we were even official, which is sweet. Every swimming competition, at least one person from the family is in the stands. It’s usually View or P’Dao (P’Wan’s wife), since they both have the most time, but if it’s a big meet, and they all have time, I have a huge crowd in the stands. Which is typically funny to see, seeing Pharm, Manaow, P’ Pruk, P’Dean, P’Don, Del, with the Wanichakarnjonkul clan. I still laugh whenever I think about Mae and P’Dao making up a dance, which of course they get the help of Del and Manaow to cheer us on. 

 

That is not the only way they help, I also have weekly family dinners with Por, Mae, and View. P’Dao has become a permanent fixture in Pharm, Del, Manaow, and I’s mall trips and of course P’Wan is the only one who understands my obsession with video games. I don’t know how I got this lucky to have this amazing group of people as a new set of family, but whatever it was, I will not let them go. 

 

Right now, I am at one of those swim meets, watching as Mew is showing off his recent skills with the breast stroke. “Aish, why is he so good at that?” I look over at Mark, another teammate who became my friend in the middle of sophomore year. He is sarcastic and funny, and I enjoy his attitude, we just weren’t as close at first. Since we both were going through stuff and Win and I weren’t out yet, and I was worried about people’s reactions. The only person who knew that wasn’t part of the main friend group was Mew, but that’s because Mew was the friend that I made on that day of tryouts and I just knew he wouldn’t judge. Then, of course a couple of months later, he confessed that he was bi and understands the struggle. 

 

Mark on the other hand took awhile for me to realize that I could trust, because I didn’t know what he was going to be like. Though, then he started dating that Engineering senior, P’Vee I think, and Mark and I bonded over bad parents and crazy boyfriends. He just kind of instinctively knows what to say at stupid moments. For instance right now, “Team, you are just not very good at it,” as he dodges my punch to his arm, he continues, “You might be the top swimmer, but definitely not at breast stroke.” He smirks at my face, and starts laughing when I try to stutter out a comeback. 

 

Mark might be a pest sometimes, but he is a great friend, and just adds his own part to the group of friends I have made here. Hearing, the cheers in the crowd, especially the signature cheer P’Dao and Mae made up from the stands, and I feel so happy. This was one of the times when all of my family is here, well more like found family, even Kao and Pete are here in the stands. I feel so much giddiness, and as much as I complained about his talent, when I see the score and see that he got first, I feel so happy. 

 

I look up at the scoreboards and realize that this was the last race for the day, and as soon as it calculates the times, we might even get first place. I watch the final scores get calculated barely breathing and when the last number sets, it shows that we, wait, we won. Oh my gosh, we are going to Nationals, I can’t believe it, everything feels so wonderful. I only get out of my thoughts when there is a hit to my arm and see the beaming face of Mew, “So President, what do you think about some interviews?” I nod my head, and he wraps his arm around my shoulders. 

 

After question and question from the reporter, Mew and I go back to the rest of the team, smiling so brightly. 

 

Mark comes up to us with a grin, “We were all going to celebrate at Route 66, I need to dance. So, what do you two think, or do you have any plans?” The last question clearly directed at me as he looks behind me and smiles. 

 

Before I can turn to fully look what he is looking at, I feel two people wrap their arms around me. It takes me a second to register what is going on, but when I smell the familiar lavender and lily scents, I know who they are. When one of them pull back, I find out I was right, when I see the beaming face of one of my best friends/best friends girlfriend, Del. Then, when I look slightly down, I see the familiar brown wavy hair of my best friend. I feel too happy to even care that she is squeezing me really hard, until wonderful Del, drags her girlfriend off me, who only relents after she gives me a kiss on the cheek. As soon as they back up a little, Del pipes up with a congratulation and Manaow follows with a, “You did Great!” 

 

Then they make room to the side for the next hug from Pharm and View, who smile at me just as happy. Then I hear View acknowledge that I am wondering where everyone else is, “They are waiting outside, they didn’t want to overwhelm you. So they are saving the excitement till you are fully ready to go.” He laughs and then turns to Mark and says, “Sorry, we got this guy reserved tonight,” he says as he wraps his arm around me and smirks at Mew. I look over at Mew, and see the blush that he has been having every time View is around, which I would worry about if it wasn’t there wasn’t a tender smile and heart eyes, connected to it. Mae once joked with me, that all her boys got their Por’s looks and her charm. P’Dao and I joke all the time about that, and then when Mew and View started dating, I used the opportunity to tease him about falling for the Wanichakarnjonkul charm too. 

 

I smile at everyone and then laugh as Manaow pushes me to the locker room, saying that I stink of chlorine, and they will be waiting for him. I flip her off, but still listen, and then feel the arm back on my shoulder and look to see Mew and then laughter to my right and see Mark. I try to shrug them away, but they just hang on me, and drag me to the locker room. We laugh as we get ready, already feeling so excited and happy that I don’t feel like anything can ruin this moment at all. As I finish getting dressed and finish packing up my bag, I leave, seeing Mark and Mew standing outside the locker room, “What are you both doing here?”

 

Mew pipes up first, saying, “I am invited to dinner too.” The moment after I hear that, I see his face go red, and that tender smile come on to his lips. I want to tease him as well as tell him how jealous of him I am, that his boyfriend is here. 

 

Though before I can, I hear the gagging from Mark, “Ew, you two so dopily in love, it’s so gross.” He fakes retching afterwards, and then smiles, “Well bye fuckers, I am going to go dancing and drink, have fun with your in laws.”

 

He starts laughing and then flips us off as Mew talks back, “Hun, you are the same amount of in love with Vee.”

 

I laugh as well and walk out the door with Mew, and as soon as I leave out the door I see a big group of people, my people, all with smiles on their faces. I see them talking amongst themselves. View sees us first and smiles at us, coming over to hug me again, and then goes to Mew, hugging him in a sweet hug and kisses him on the forehead. I smile at the slight giggle (though he would never admit it), that comes out of Mew at the move. 

 

I decide to give them space and so start walking over to the rest and look over to see Hia Wan, seeing me first and jogging over and hugging me. That is one thing about this family, they are all very physically affectionate people. It surprised me the first time that I went to their house and met them. When I left I got hugs from View, Wan, and Por, and kisses on the cheeks from Dao and Mae (which she told me to call her right after that visit). I never really had that much affection from people I just met, but it makes me so happy to be around them, and fiancé hug or kiss on the cheek from them can make my worries go away. I feel like I am part of the family, every time that I get that affection from them. When I feel the release of the hug, I almost want to hold tighter, but I don’t and luckily there is one more person in my arms right away. The smell of cherry blossoms and chocolate fill my nose, and I feel safe again. I hug back just as fondly and smile as I feel the backing off because then I get to see the beaming face of Dao. When she fully backs up, she kisses me on the cheek and then smiles and takes a hold of my arm as she drags me to the rest of the group. 

 

Which gets another hug from my best friends, a huge smile and congrats from P’Don, a hug from Pruk, and a smile from Dean. Dean is the last to hug me, as he backs off he grins again saying, “You did the swim team proud, and the title great. Whoever chose you as the president was really smart.” 

 

That earns him a soft hit on the arm from his fiancé, “You know that means you are just praising yourself, right!?!” We all laugh at the smug look that comes on his face. 

 

I feel P’Dao presence beside me, and look over to see her smile isn’t fully there, like she is trying to hide her worry with a mask of happiness. I nudge her side, “What’s wrong, Phi? Are you okay?” She just smiles at me, and then I look and see that Mae and Por are still over where they were all grouped together talking to four people. All I  can see is the backs of them, but see two younger men around my age and an older man and woman, around Mae and Por’s ages. I look over at them and think I recognize them, but can’t figure it out, and then one of the younger men turn, and I see Pete. I want to run over to say, “Hi,” to him, and I am guessing Kao next to him, but stop at the look on his face. He looks concerned and worried, but just like P’Dao, he is trying to cover it up with a smile. As if, they all realize that Pete is looking away, they all stop talking and turn to me, and I freeze. Seeming to feel me freeze, I see Dao look at me, and then turn to where I am looking, putting a comforting hand on me. I know what she is thinking, she is the only one who knows how bad my parents get me, since she was there when I just stopped eating when Mrs. Siriyothin, asked me if I weighed recently. 

 

I know whatever happens right now, I can’t do anything about it, but I really hope nobody else gets hurt by their awful and hurtful words. I am used to it, but most of the people here, don’t know how truly awful my birth parents are. I try to do something about the situation, try to think about how I can convince everyone to just leave before Mr. and Mrs. Siriyothin can see anything. Though sadly, I am not lucky enough when Mae and Por come over with big smiles and two loving hugs. I can’t help feeling the happiness burn inside me, when I feel their arms wrap around me, thinking, ‘This is what loving parents are like, and supposed to be.’ It took me a long time to realize that my parents were not normal for parents. It took me seeing the interactions between Pharm with his mom and brother, Manaow with her parents, Del with hers, and my other friends too. All of their families are so loving and caring, even if they don’t understand fully what my friends are doing in their life, they unconditionally love them. I also just see how they just accept them for who they are, no ifs, and’s or, but’s. 

 

These people, who have smiles on their faces, are my true family or chosen family or found family. These people are the best people I know, and I can’t ask for better people. So, as I look at my birth parents, I fully realize that I can’t think of better people to have in my life. So, I step back from Mae and Por and walk towards Kao and Pete, and hug both of them, because I missed my cousin and practically cousin in law. I don’t care what my parents say, anymore, because if they want to say anything I know all these people will be ready to help, and I am finally ready to accept it. 

Notes:

Yay!!! Finally, a happy ending for poor Team, hopefully now he has learned to accept help from the people who care for him.

 

I hope you loved reading this, as much as I loved writing it.

Thank you all for reading this, and remember to find your own found family. It can be anyone, blood related family, friends, romantic partners, anyone. Just have it be the ones you choose to consider family.

Series this work belongs to: