Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationships:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Stats:
Published:
2022-09-15
Updated:
2022-09-20
Words:
9,777
Chapters:
2/?
Comments:
12
Kudos:
18
Bookmarks:
3
Hits:
761

And the story happens again

Summary:

Over a century ago, two brothers changed the course of history by clashing with each other.

Even with the death of one of them, the dispute was inherited, and now, two brothers must face each other again and show who will triumph

The heroes?

Or the villains?

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Chapter 1: The Tragedy of Tenko Shimura

Chapter Text

 

Hunger, fear and the eternal itching under his skin, was all that Tenko Shimura felt, a boy alone in a cold alley who in the distance saw people walking and going about their routines, he had long since lost hope that someone help him, each adult who approached him instantly moved away with fear on their faces and noticed how the others looked away as if the helpless child did not exist, the same seemed to happen with the heroes, he saw several patrolling, but none He came to help him, it was as if for the whole world Tenko Shimura was a ghost, but he knew that it was something much worse, he was a murderer.

The memories repeated themselves constantly, the death of his entire family tormented him relentlessly; he had lost track of time, he didn't remember how many days had passed since he ran away from home and started wandering the streets, hoping someone would save him; However, he knew that would not happen, did not deserve it, Tenko was a monster, a villain with a Quirk that would only kill whoever got close, it didn't matter when he regretted it, he couldn't change what he was.

"I saw it fly over here!." The Kid heard a voice shout in the distance with emotion and then several dozen more footsteps and voices were heard, the kid had heard it before, some very popular Pro Hero must have been patrolling or fighting some villain. Long ago he would have joined in with excitement, as long as his dad wasn't around, and imagining himself as one of the heroes who save people, but now he had lost all hope after what he did.

The sound of footsteps distracted Tenko from his melancholy, when he looked up the first thing he saw was an imposing figure, more than two meters tall, muscular and wearing a shiny suit, at first he couldn't believe it, it couldn't be real, even when he saw his face he didn't have the iconic smile of the number one hero, instead it was a soft smile and with a sad look, he wasn't All Might, he couldn't...

"Don't worry young Shimura, everything will be fine, because I'm here." the veteran hero spoke and hugged the boy firmly, but at the same time care and affection, it was then that Tenko came to understand that it was real, All Might came to save him. The boy began to cry with all his might, releasing all the pain and remorse he had until he lost consciousness and was carried by the greatest hero of all time.

 


 

"What is your diagnosis for young Shimura, Mr. Inui?." Asked the little anthropomorphic chimera, known as Nedzu, principal of the prestigious U.A. high school.

"Not very good I'm afraid." Said the professional hero and academy psychologist, Ryo Inui, also known as Hound Dog; while everyone present besides the principal watched and listened attentively, All Might the number one hero of Japan and known as the symbol of peace, Chiyo Shuzenji aka Recovery Girl the main doctor of the school, Sir Nighteye All Might's henchman and a old man named Gran Torino, who although the Hunting Dog hero did not know, understood that he was the teacher of the number one hero and had some relationship with the Shimura family, "The boy has a severe case of post-traumatic stress, the manifestation of his Quirk and the death of his family damaged his psyche and he does not let anyone get close, especially at his hands; From the little that was possible to talk to the child, he did not stop blaming himself for what happened and began to scratch his skin wildly, we had to anesthetize him to stop him before spreading the damage.”

When Hound Dog finished speaking, they all looked at the headmaster in awkward silence, who kept a thoughtful expression.

“I see...” He said before looking at Sir Nighteye “Tell us Mr. Sasaki, is it as we feared? Was young Shimura the cause of the demise of his own family?” The question itself was like a bucket of cold water for everyone, but even more so for the old man in the yellow suit.

"I'm afraid to say it, but everything indicates that this is how it happened." Sir Nighteye said with a heavy sigh, but maintaining his professionalism and stoic face, "We weren't able to recreate the scenario, but we did check the crime scene and the home was destroyed by a Quirk that literally reduced everything to dust, including the family, who there were hardly any limbs left to be identified; and the analyst Quirk confirmed that Shimura Tenko's Quirk has those capabilities, everything indicates that his ability manifested at the worst possible time."

Silence reigned again, the harsh reality was too heavy to accept, no one dared to ask the next question, until a sob emerged from Gran Torino, who was struggling not to burst into tears in front of everyone.

"It's all my fault, I... I promised Nana that I would protect her family." The old man's legs almost gave way, but his student prevents it by holding him firmly.

"Sensei, don't say that!" Exclaims All Might, “You couldn't have known this was going to happen! It was an accident!."

“I know Toshinori! I know! But I swore to Nana that I would protect her family on the day she sacrificed herself! And I…I didn't…I failed her.” Hhe couldn't resist anymore and his tears fell down his face, blaming himself for everything.

Nedzu remained calm, there was nothing he could say that would help calm Torino's pain, beyond time and acceptance of what happened; on the other hand, the chimera director could see Recovery Gril's expression, it was subtle, but enough to catch something that the old lady disliked.

"Regretting now will not help Tenko Shimura's health, our priority now is his full recovery, both physically and psychologically and give him all the emotional support he needs, I will take care of the papers and child services myself, for the time being he will live here in the academy, I will commission Cementoss and Power Loader to create proper facilities, in the meantime we better get back to our jobs.” The headmaster concluded and everyone present nodded, walking to the exit, and in the case of Gran Torino being helped by All Might, “Oh and before I forget, Miss Shuzenji, there is a separate issue I would like to discuss with you.”

"Of course director" The old lady replied, no one questioned anything and once the others left Recovery Girl put on a serious face, "You don't call me 'Miss' unless it's something important Nedzu."

"Indeed." The chimera nodded, "You know something, but you didn't want to say it, at least not in front of Mr. Torino, but if it's important to the case you should tell me now." He said with a serious tone that he has rarely been seen.

The old woman gave a heavy sigh.

"I know, and it's not a pretty thing." His expression darkened, "There were particular wounds on Tenko's body, wounds that weren't self-inflicted or by accident, they are wounds that I have seen several times in my professional career and that provoke in me an anger hotter than Endeavour's temper." Her hand tensed as she held on to the walking stick, "The child was physically abused, I can't say for sure who in the family did it or if it was more than one, but I have no doubt that he was suffering from child abuse."

"Hmmmm... so maybe that explains the tragic outcome, it's likely that during one of those attacks the stress awoke and triggered young Shimura's Quirk, who wasn't able to control it." Nedzu muttered before sighing, “But it's just conjecture, not the abuse, I trust your judgment and experience Chiyo, i mean the moment the accident occurred; thanks for telling me, I'll ask Hound Dog to look into it and find some way to help you."

"Thank you Nedzu, I just hope the boy can recover from all this." The old woman relaxed, but with a sad expression.

"We will do everything in our power, only time will tell if we were able to save him." Nedzu takes out his phone and starts looking at his agenda, "Now I'll ask you to leave, there are some people I'd like to contact and who I think can help" He said without looking at the old woman, he was more focused on the screen, Recovery Girl nods and leaves without waiting for an answer, trusting that Nedzu knows what he's doing.

 


 

Shota Aizawa was not having a good day; it had been several nights that his night patrols had gone on too long, giving him little sleep; lately Ms. Joke has been making more jokes than usual, especially about dating and getting married, she got used to it, but when they're alone, she doesn't hesitate to make more 'Spicy' jokes, or what Shota hopes are jokes, he didn't hate to the heroine, but he did not feel ready for such a formal relationship; however, what made this day especially bad was that Nedzu requested his presence at the academy, he liked his institution and although there were bitter memories after Oboro's death, he still respected the place where he learned to be the hero he is today; the bad thing was that he was going to have to come across…

“SHOTAAAAAAAAA!.” A voice yells and Aizawa can only curse his luck as he sees his two friends, Hizashi Yamada aka Present Mic and Nemuri Kayama aka Midnight, both run up to him and hug him against his will, he hoped he wouldn't have to see them today because of class time, but something told him that the director didn't keep his mouth shut.

"Hello Yamada, hello Kayama..." Shota said in the most monotonous way possible.

“Hey! What attitude is that for your best friends?! At least call us by our names! Not by our last name!.” yelled Mic with a very theatrical indignation.

"Exactly Shota, after so many years, getting you a job at U.A and our nights of passion having a threesome, you treat us so coldly~." Midnight said with a sad voice but just as exaggerated as her friend's.

“What nights of passi…? Wait, is that why they called me?! I told you I don't want to be a teacher! I'm not good with kids!." he yelled indignantly.

“Of course I recommended you! You would be perfect for educating children! Different types of teachers are needed to give a great education, and someone as serious as you is perfect; also if you are good with children, Ms. Joke has told me so many romantic stories about you and the names of the children you will have.” Nemuri said with a big smile, and while Hizashi resisted the urge to laugh, Shota felt like killing his friends and the green-haired woman tells jokes.

"I'm leaving..." Aizawa said turning around to leave.

"I'm afraid I can't allow that, Mr. Eraser Head." A high pitched voice from the headmaster sounded behind them and at the entrance to the main building was the chimera.

“He-Headmaster Nezu? What are you doing here?" Present Mic asked confused and a little scared, he could feel the threatening aura of his boss.

"Oh I just like seeing three former students meet again." The tender smile he gave them only gave the trio a mutual shiver, “But back on topic, while I was interested in Professor Kayama's suggestion to join our institution, I'm afraid of disappointing you, I need the presence of the hero Eraser Head for a very specific case.” The tone Nezu used to speak was oddly serious, something Aizawa himself didn't remember him using before, "So please come with me to my office."

"I understand." Eraser Head replied and followed the principal, Present Mic and Midnight also wanted to follow them but the rat stopped them.

"I'm sorry teachers, but this is a private matter, please leave now." Both heroes gulped and obeyed without hesitation.

"S-See ya Shota!" His friends said nervously as they walk very fast to get away, now Shota wanted his company.

"This way Mr. Aizawa, my office is still in the same place as always." Nedzu said returning to his jovial and cheerful tone; while Eraser Head wondered what he did wrong in his life to deserve this punishment?

 


 

"Would you like a cup of tea Mr. Aizawa?" Nezu asked as he helped himself.

"No thanks" The underground hero replied as he resisted the urge to run away, he watched as the headmaster finished pouring the liquid and took a sip, "Headmaster Nezu, I don't want to sound rude, but regarding the case you asked me for..."

"I know, and that's what I wanted to talk about Mr. Aizawa, I just needed to drink my tea to relax" Said the chimera placing the cup on the table, Eraser Head wondered what could be what worries someone like Nedzu, "I'll go straight To the point, I want him to join as a teacher at the academy.”

“But you told me...”

“I said that Professor Kayama's suggestion had nothing to do with it and it's true; I also said that I require it for a very specific case.” Nedzu said interrupting Eraser Head who was silent for a few seconds before putting on a serious look.

"You need my help for one student in particular, one with a powerful, destructive, or out-of-control Quirk." Shota concluded by staring at the director.

"That's right, only he got the last part wrong, he's a student with a powerful, destructive Quirk AND he's out of control." Nedzu pulled out a file from his desk, on the cover Aizawa could read Tenko Shimura's name.

"And my Quirk is ideal to prevent an accident from happening" He added understanding why he was the one, "But why do you want me to be a teacher? I can easily schedule regular visits”

"I'm afraid this particular case is a very long-term one and it will be more comfortable for all of us if you join as a full-time employee, I don't wish to get in the way of your hero duties." Nedzu brought the file closer to Aizawa, but before the latter could read it he stopped him, "However, I must warn you, what you are about to read will not be to your liking, so please accept the job once you open it."

Shota didn't need to be a genius to understand what he meant, reading the file would be like opening Pandora's box, and once he did, there would be no going back, but that mattered little to Shota, not when the life of a child's life was at stake

"I understand" he said and without hesitation began to read the file.

For his part, Nedzu stared at Aizawa's expressions, even when the hero tried to remain calm and professional, he could distinguish the surprise, horror, melancholy and anger on the pro hero's features, the same expressions that everyone had days ago when Tenko arrived at the academy. He waited patiently for Aizawa to read until the last paragraph and closed the file, his gaze now more serious and determined than before.

"Where is the child?" He asked looking directly at the director.

"Right now he is in therapy with Hound Dog, for the moment we want to keep Tenko Shimura's schedule as less saturated as possible, it is not yet completely open to us and I doubt it will be soon, once we manage to make him feel comfortable we will try to include tests of apprehension of quirks, however, it is not certain that the child will be predisposed to use his Quirk again in the short term."

"It's understandable" Eraser Head responds returning the file and standing up, "I'll go organize my things and find a nearby place to move"

"Okay, I for one will inform your agency about the change and have the paperwork ready for your transfer, see you later Mr. Aizawa, and seriously, thank you very much," Nedzu said with a soft smile.

“You don't have to thank me, it's my job” Shota concluded before leaving the office.

 


 

Leaving Nezu's Office, Aizawa let out a sigh that he had held ever since he started reading what happened to Tenko Shimura, he felt sorry for the boy and doubted how much he could help him beyond controlling his gift, but regardless of his doubts, he wanted save the child from his inner demons and that he can be happy again.

"Get out of there you two, you're adults, stop hiding like puberty" Shota said as he looks at a corner of the corridor and sees Present Mic and Midnight come out of the fork, he knew his friends and even with the fear that Nedzu generated, he knew they would be around to make sure he was okay.

"Is everything alright Shota?" Mic asked first as they got closer.

"Yes... I'm fine..." He said remembering Tenko, "I'm going to enter as a teacher" He added.

"Hey? But didn't Nedzu say that…” Before Midnight could complete the question, Shota cuts her off.

"It has nothing to do with your suggestion, it's a complicated case and it's just easier for everyone if I formally join as a teacher" he said and started to walk out of the academy, with his friends following his step; both Hizashi and Nemuri look at each other confused, but the blond hero soon smiles and hugs his friend by the neck

“That's great Shota! We will be together again! It will be very fun! YEAAAAH!” Present Mic's shout rattled nearby glass.

"Ugh... don't get excited, it's work not summer camp..." Aizawa replied as he covered his ears, "I have to get my things ready, see you later" He said before speeding up the pace of the walk.

Both heroes stand still as Eraser Head leaves the hero school without turning around.

“Something really bad happened to make you like this…” Mic said worriedly.

“I know, and it certainly had to do with this 'Special Case' that he's not wanting to tell us…” Midnight sighed, “We can't force him to tell us though, it'll just make him more cranky, I hope he's Whatever it is, don't hurt him."

"I think the same Nemuri, I hope everything goes well..."

 



Nedzu calmly finished his cup of tea, luckily the conversation with Aizawa turned out to be lucrative, and with their integration they not only gained a fit and effective hero, but covered most of the young Tenko shimura's security.

"And yet, a key link is still missing..." He said looking at the file still on his desk, there was something that the school could not provide, as much as it wanted, something essential for the development of children.

A family.

He knew that Tenko Shimura would have no chance of being adopted, with a Quirk like his the child would be seen as a ticking time bomb, fearful that he would kill someone again, and growing up in an orphanage would only give him new psychological damage and a feeling of abandonment.

What he needed was a real family, the best option was to consult directly with possible candidates, and in his list there was only one who could accept him, he only hoped that it would be so.

 


 

Hizashi and Inko Midoriya did not expect that the director of the U.A. academy would ever be at their house, as many parents hoped that their son could attend the most prestigious school in the country, although she was not sure if as a hero, mainly for fear of that his son would be injured in a society full of Quirks, however, Izuku was still a baby and the reason for Headmaster Nezu's presence was because of a different family member.

"I... for God's sake, I can't believe it..." The woman muttered after hearing the news of what happened to her brother's family.

"We are very sorry for your loss, Mr. and Mrs. Midoriya, but we had to inform you of what happened without lies" Nedzu said who drank the cup of tea that had been offered to him as a courtesy, next to him Aizawa drank too, although with a tired expression.

“Don't worry Director Nedzu, I never really had a close relationship with my brother, I was barely born when we were given up for adoption and we both grew up in different families, it wasn't until I was 20 years old that I was able to contact him and I can't say It was a good reunion." Inko sighed and felt her husband Hizashi's hand, seeing him she noticed a sad smile as she held her sleeping baby in her arms, "I feel great hatred for my brother Kotaro, the death of his family saddens me, but poor Tenko, everything what happened, everything he suffered, I… I don't know what to say… we want to help him, but…”

"But you are afraid that he will lose control again, I understand your concerns, especially with your son Izuku who is barely an infant" The chimerical rat completed the sentence, leaving the cup on the table, "Of course you are not obliged to accept, but I would like you to consider it, we believe that it is best for Tenko Shimura to be accompanied and raised by his closest relatives.”

An uncomfortable silence took over the small house, where the only thing that could be heard was the soft breathing of the baby.

"If we can't... what will happen to Tenko?" Hizashi asked doubtfully, his job required him to be away from home a lot and he wouldn't be able to be there if an accident happened.

“While we will try to retain and care for him as long as possible at the Academy, sadly we will be forced by law to hand Tenko over to the state, who will be put up for adoption and regularly live in foster care.” Saying this Nedzu saw the frustration on Inko's face, “I don't want to sound pessimistic but the chances of young Shimura being adopted are slim to none; couples who adopt even if they have good intentions to give a child a decent life, usually look for children with an interesting or at least not dangerous Quirk, there are very few cases that someone with a "Villainous" quirk is adopted , added to the incident and that he was the cause of the death of his entire family, I fear that young Tenko will live without a family to support him until adulthood."

Inko understood well what Tenko would live for, she was not adopted until her Quirk awakened, and she still remembered the other children who did not have the luck of being adopted, either because of their troublesome Quirks or worse, because they were born Quirkeless, she was not she wanted her nephew to live that, she wanted to save him and...

Her husband's hand interrupted her thoughts, and she saw a loving look on him, Hizashi understood well what his wife was feeling and thinking, she had revealed all her past, fears and hopes, and he could understand what she wanted to do next. , with silent and mutual acceptance, they looked back at both pro heroes

"Alright director Nedzu, we will give Tenko a home, but I need to ask about the safety of him and our family" Inko asked, to which the director nodded with a slight smile.

"Don't worry Mrs. Midoriya, we have already planned everything regarding the safety and well-being of young Tenko, our support team created a variety of special gloves that nullify the effects of his Quirk, at the same time that we have had a continuous routine with our medical staff, both in his physical and psychological health, although progress has been slow, we have managed to make him more open to us, soon he will also start quirk apprehension training with a very capable specialist.” The director looks at Aizawa, the hero underground wasn't sure if he would call himself very capable, but it wasn't something he could say in front of Tenko Shimura's uncles "It won't be easy but we believe that with a lot of support and work we will get Tenko Shimura to overcome his trauma." Both Midoriya nod.

"We will do our best director Nedzu." Both parents said in unison.

"I know you will, we trust you, now with your permission I must retire, there is still work to do, but soon I will update you on young Shimura's status and how we will proceed to make his upbringing the most appropriate" Aizawa opened the door for Nedzu , "See you later Midoriya family, have a good evening."

The Midoriyas bow before the heroes leave, once they close the door they fall silent to think about what is to come.

"I'm sorry if I forced you into this dear, I know there was no obligation but I couldn't leave Tenko alone" Inko said

"You didn't my love, it's our family after all, right? I know we can get by" Hizashi smiles and looks at his son sleeping, "Besides, I think Izuku would enjoy having an older brother, right?"

"I think so" Inko approaches with a soft smile and pats Izuku on the head, "Soon you will have a brother my little Izuku, I know that Tenko is going through a difficult time, but together, we will be his family"

Chapter 2: Great Teacher Aizawa

Summary:

I guess I have to warn you... there's Dadzawa

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

 

"Nerves?" Hound Dog asked Ereaser Head, although they had not socialized much with each other, the dog hero had learned that Aizawa was someone very serious, professional and one of those who hide their emotions, so it was not safe to know what the underground hero felt, besides being sleepy, of course.

"Not really, I have prepared and practiced for today, I know well how to proceed in case of a nervous breakdown, I just hope that the child is ready to meet me and willing to be helped." Shouta Aizawa replied as they walked in the direction of Tenko Shimura's temporary room, "How is the kid doing?"

"If I told you it's okay, that would be a big lie." Ryo replied with a sigh, "Let's just say he's progressed, at first he suffered from major panic attacks and we barely managed to control him if it wasn't for All Might regularly visiting Tenko, it may sound like something positive, but I fear that the child will develop a dependency on his presence to calm down; also that even when All Might tries to help us, he can't always be present, his job as number one forces him to be on patrol almost all day."

Aizawa listened attentively, but without showing emotions; inside he respected the symbol of peace even more, he may not like the heroes who spend more time on camera than doing their job, but with the number one hero it was different, he had shown that it was more than a powerful Quirk; his dedication and effort to stop criminals and save people were something never seen before, also the times he spoke in front of the cameras was to inspire people to be better and transmit peace; Ironically, the actions of the number one hero of Japan had a counterproductive effect, because just as the young Shimura needed him to calm down, modern society depended on his presence not to fall apart, if one day All Might was gone, could they resist the collapse?

Aizawa mentally shook off the pessimistic thoughts, he needed to focus on Tenko.

"So only All Might and the anesthesia can keep him from getting hurt?" he asked as they turned into the hallway.

“More or less, we don't want to be dependent on drugs either, it could be harmful to his health… But now that you mention it in the last week Nedzu came up with the 'Brilliant' Idea that the kid gets video games that keep him distracted and entertaining, and it seems to be working.” Ryo Inui said without hiding his disagreement

“…But you don't like the idea because…” Aizawa raised an eyebrow.

"Because in its current state, even if it serves and helps him, it will only generate a dependency and compulsive need for video games, more as a means of escaping reality than a hobby." Ryo sighs again, "But given the circumstances it's the best we can do, so the plan will be to heal him of his current trauma and then cross our fingers that he's not a League of Legends player." A deep silence reigned through the halls "You didn't get the joke."

"No, I didn't get it."

"You need to see more memes, dude."

"If they're not about cats, I'm not interested." Aizawa replied as under his scarf he smiled at Hound Dog's growl.

To the bad luck of the hero and school psychologist, he couldn't answer the joke, because they had reached the door that separated them from Tenko, so they had to remain serious and professional.

 


 

Entering the room they saw a young boy of no more than four or five years old, in pajamas and playing with a portable console, Aizawa had no idea which one, not that it really mattered; Tenko looked very focused, as he kept playing even when they were at the entrance.

"Good morning young Shimura." Ryo Inui spoke with the softest tone of voice he could, although Tenko still seemed to be scared, seeing the surprised expression and the slight jump he gave on the bed, "Sorry, we didn't want to scare you, let me introduce you to this man, he it is…"

"Shota Aizawa, I am an underground hero known as Eraser Head, nice to meet you." He interrupted his partner, who looked at him with disbelief and some annoyance, "Don't look at me like that, it's better if the boy knows me for myself." He answers before looking at Tenko still sitting on the bed, “Can I come closer? Don't worry, I just want to talk, if you don't feel comfortable I'll go."

Tenko stared at the hero with a mixture of doubt and fear, it's not that he mistrusted heroes, even though it took them a while to find him, he was saved and none other than the number one; even after that they still accompanied him and wanted him to be okay, he felt that it was more than he deserved after what he did; they said it wasn't his fault, that it was an accident. However, he knew that it was not like that, even if at the beginning he could not control his Quirk, he remembered how against his father he did want to kill him, but... he couldn't say that, he didn't want to be hated, so he lied, and to keep the lie he nodded to the mysterious hero.

"Thanks child." Aizawa replied and walked up to the boy casually, then he sat down on a nearby chair, "It's a nice room you have here, do you like it?" He asked while looking into the boy's eyes, he saw that the little boy stiffened for a moment, "You don't have to answer if you don't want to, I don't want to force you to talk either, so don't be afraid." he smiled kindly, "I settle even if you just nod or shake your head, I'm really not a very talkative or sociable person, but for some reason talkers come up to me."

Although Tenko didn't get the joke, he could see out of the corner of his eye how his psychologist let out a light laugh, feeling a little more relaxed, so he nodded at the question from his room.

"That's good, I would like to have a room like that too, but my work requires me to stay up most of the night, so I sleep more on the sofa than in my bed, sometimes I wish I had a sleeping bag with me to take little naps.” Aizawa said and saw a faint smile from the boy, even if it disappeared too quickly, "To all this, sorry we interrupted you while you were playing, I hope we didn't make you lose." Tenko shook his head and Shota smiled at him, "Well I'm glad, can I see what game you played?" Again, Aizawa wasn't interested in that, but if he wanted the boy to be open with him, he had to be interested in his hobby.

Tenko looked the hero in the eyes and then at his console, turning the screen so he could see the title of the game. “Super Mario 100th Anniversary? It's new?" Eraser Head asked tilting his head.

"No, it's a classic..." Tenko's voice came out and surprised everyone, including himself.

“…Heh, really? Who would say that something with that title is a classic, so the original games, what are they?" Aizawa leaned forward a little so he could hear him better.

“Are they… collectibles?” Tenko spoke again, although with doubts, not even he was sure, "Getting an edition of the original Mario bros together with the NES are so rare that they are worth millions..." Tenko's voice was low, but Shota could hear him perfectly, "Even the SNES and some of its games are worth a lot.”

"Wow, you know a lot about video games to be so young." Aizawa expressed genuine surprise, but giving him a smile that Shimura shared.

"It's just... I really like video games, as much as heroes..." Tenko's voice got smaller at the last part, as if he didn't want them to hear that; Eraser Head just kept smiling.

"Well thank you, that means I have a gold mine in my house, I still have my old SNES, luckily I never throw it away." Saying that, Tenko's eyes widened and sparkled.

“D-Do you really have an original SNES?!” For the first time Tenko raised his voice, but as he did so he covered his mouth, "S-sorry I didn't mean to yell, I-I..."

"Kid, it's fine, don't worry, you didn't do anything wrong." Shota interrupted the boy before he started to have a crisis, "In fact I'm glad you're very excited, if you want next time I can bring it to you and we can play, I don't have many video games, but I think you'll like some of them." He said while shrugging his shoulders, but he didn't miss how Tenko kept that emotion in his eyes.

“R-really?” The boy asked with doubt in his voice.

"Really." Aizawa promised and looking slightly at Hound Dog he could see that he had an expression of disbelief, "By the way, since we are on the subject of my visits, I must tell you that I will come on Monday, Wednesday and Friday to see you, but if you need me, feel free to call me, and I will come as quickly as I can.”

Tenko looked Shota in the eye, and even in that tired look, he could see the sincerity and kindness in the hero.

"... They say... they told me... that you are going to help me not to destroy what I touch?" The young kid asked, at first he refused to use his Quirk again, the idea of touching something with his fingers without his gloves terrified him, even if said gloves were uncomfortable; but All Might encouraged him to try it, they said that a specialist was going to help him, and if the heroes said it, it must be true, that gave Tenko enough confidence to accept. Now, that hero was in front of him.

"Something like that, you see my Quirk is called Erasure, with it I have the ability that when looking at someone their Quirk does not activate, as long as they are not of the mutant type, of course." Aizawa explained and the boy looked at him in amazement, "However what we want to achieve is to help you control and understand your power." He could see how the little boy seemed to cower in fear, "We're not going to force you to use it if you don't want to, we never would." Aizawa stood up and also sat on the bed but respecting Tenko's personal space, so the boy did not move from his place, “But our intention is to help you, we are here for you, whether you like it or not, your Quirk is part of you and you have to live with it, you cannot hide it forever in your gloves.”

Tenko was silent for a while, thinking about the hero's words, the inner conflict of the boy could be seen, and although the doubt was still rooted within him, Aizawa's words gave him enough courage to take the next step.

"When... When you said that if I ever need you... Did you mean it?" Tenko stared at the hero hopefully, "Will you come save me?"

It was the moment for Shota to worry, although it is true that he promised to return if he needed it, what Tenko was asking for was not an authority figure or someone to talk to; what he wanted was another savior like All Might, and that was a dangerous compromise; he was a clandestine hero, if the heroic profession is already risky in itself, it was even more so when you dedicate yourself to being close to enemies, but those doubts did not matter now, he had to give an answer to Tenko or all the progress that got would go down the drain.

"I promise." He answered and held out his hand, pointing up his little finger, "I don't have super speed or the ability to teleport, so I can't tell you how long it will take, but no matter what, I promise I'll come." The words had the desired effect, because the smile that Tenko gave him was invaluable and with his small gloved hand, he joined his little finger with Aizawa's.

“Thank you…” The boy resisted the urge to cry once the promise was sealed.

"You do not have to." Shota said and spread his fingers before standing up, “Now, how about we start practicing? I'll let you change, have breakfast and I'll meet you at the Gamma gym” He asked and Tenko just nodded, “Perfect, do you need Mr. Inui to help you?” Now Tenko denied it, "Heh, fine, then we'll go out and then Ryo will accompany you to have breakfast, I'll go prepare everything before we start, okay?" The boy nodded again, left his console on one side of the bed and before Shota could take a step, he was hugged by the young Shimura with all the strength that his small and thin arms allowed him; both heroes were surprised, and Aizawa was already partly regretting the great compromise he had accepted, however, he couldn't take it back, the best thing was to continue and move forward. "Easy boy, I'm not going anywhere, you just enjoy breakfast and you'll see me soon." Eraser Head patted Tenko's head so he could calm down, and after a few seconds he was released from the hug, "Good kid, I'll be waiting for you." He said and finally started to walk away, out of the corner of his eye he saw how Tenko went to his closet, so both heroes left and let the boy change his clothes.

 


 

Once outside, they walked the way they had come before, although only to the corner, since Hound Dog had to stay to accompany Tenko to the cafeteria.

"You shouldn't have made that promise." The dog hero looked at him disapprovingly, "Now the boy will be dependent on you."

"What's done is done, we had come a long way to let a 'No' ruin everything, I know it wasn't the smartest decision, but it was the right one, at least now the child trusts us more, or at least he doesn't have afraid of my presence.”

"Hmmmm... I guess you're right." Ryo sighs resignedly, "By the way, that was... amazing, it took a long time for him to say a word to Nedzu, Chiyo or me, but you not only managed to get him to communicate, but to laugh and hug you, even when he has the gloves on he refuses to touch us…”

Aizawa just shrugs.

"It wasn't a big deal, I've used the same strategy in some interrogations."

“Oh that explains it…. Wait, what?! You used interrogation techniques on a child?!” Hound Dog didn't know what was more unlikely, Aizawa's words or the disinterested face he showed at what he did.

"I'm not a specialist like you, so I managed with what I know, I just changed the methodology enough to adapt it to the child, in the end it worked, right?" the underground hero shrugged again and walked away

Hound Dog didn't answer, he just thought he had just met the second most insane person of all, the number one spot still went to Nedzu, but for how long?

 


 

When Tenko entered the Gamma Gym accompanied by Hound Dog and Recovery Girl, the first thing he saw was Eraser Head standing in front of various objects of various sizes and shapes.

The boy ran towards him with a smile.

“Aizawa-kun! Are you here!" Tenko said very happy

"Of course, I promised you, remember?" He said with a slight smile before the other heroes and staff from the academy arrived.

"I see that young Steve appreciates you, Professor Aizawa" Chiyo said with a smile, seeing the boy smile again, even if it was for an instant, took a weight off her soul.

"Professor?" Tenko looked at Recovery Girl and then at Eraser Head, “Do you teach here? Should I call you sensei?” he asked with genuine curiosity.

“Not yet, next year I will start teaching classes.” Aizawa shrugs, "And no need, you can call me Shota if you wish." Added regarding the second question.

Being given permission to use the first name made Tenko even happier, who only nodded with a wide smile, although somewhat creepy, none of them were affected by it anyway.

Hound Dog sighed, he still believed that building an emotional relationship in this way could be problematic, however, Recovery Girl believed that, despite the risks, it was the right way to heal Tenko emotionally.

"Anyway, what we came for." He walked over to a table with several small items, “You remember what my Quirk can do, right? Well, first I want you to hold this pencil without your gloves, we want to see how your Quirk works, then you will try to do the same with the other one, but I will use my Erasure to show you that we can indeed prevent your ability from taking effect.” Aizawa saw the boy's smile disappear the instant he mentioned that he should use his destructive Quirk, so he put the pencils aside and knelt on one leg in front of the boy, "Tenko, I repeat what I told you before, I'm not going to force you, I never will, but I also want to help you, and for that I need you to trust me, do you trust my Tenko?" Aizawa asked staring at the kid.

Shimura for his part was afraid, afraid that everything would repeat itself, the stress made his face and neck itchy, he really wanted to scratch himself, but he didn't want to stop looking at the hero, he could tell that he was completely honest with him, just the same that All Might.

“I… I do trust you.” He said in a low voice, “I… I'll do the tests…” Saying that, everyone in the gym smiled with relief.

"Thank you Tenko, and trust me, if you get uncomfortable we'll stop, okay?" He picked up the pencils again and handed one to Tenko, "Here, as soon as you feel ready we'll start."

The child grabbed the pencil still with his gloves on, his eyes alternating between the object and the underground hero, he slowly began to remove one of the gloves, swallowed hard and held the pencil as he normally would and… nothing happened.

"Eh?" He looked up, "Mi-Mister Shota… Are you using your Quirk?" Tenko asked confused.

Eraser Head for his part looked at the boy's hand before shaking his head.

"No, I don't, so the conclusion we originally had is true, your Quirk requires contact with all five fingers to take effect, and now you're only holding it with three." He said as he pointed to how he was holding it, "Touch it with all your fingers to activate it." Tenko nodded and as soon as all his fingers came into contact with the pencil, it turned to dust in an instant, the boy for his part, seeing this, remembered what happened with his whole family and began to scratch his face with fear.

"Young Shimura please don't scratch yourself, you're going to get hurt." Recovery Girl said concerned as the little boy went into a nervous breakdown, but before she could get closer, Eraser Head stepped forward.

"Tenko, look at me." Aizawa's voice commanded and Tenko still scratching looked up to see Eraser Head squatting in front of him, “I understand this is stressful for you, but listen to me, with just this we learned a lot” He extended his hand, “Trust me. ” Tenko still with a nervous crisis emerging, managed to get enough willpower to extend his gloveless hand to the hero, who took it and did not hesitate to touch his index finger. "You see it? Nothing happened, and I'm not using my Quirk." Aizawa said with a slight smile, before starting to touch more fingers except his thumb, "You can control your Quirk, Tenko, it only activates if all your fingers touch." Shota's voice was firm but relaxed, accompanied by a confident smile, "You don't have to fear, you are not alone."

Slowly, the boy stopped trying to scratch, his gaze was fixed on his hands, the feeling of touching someone with his hands again was surreal, he was having a hard time even imagining that it wasn't an illusion, but no, he could feel it.

Tenko's eyes filled with tears again, but the prickling sensation under his skin was gone; Eraser Head for his part just stared at the boy with pity, but he never broke contact with him; it wasn't until the sobbing subsided that he decided to speak.

"If you want we can stop now and continue another day." He said and waited patiently for an answer.

Tenko after a while wiping his eyes and nose with the sleeve of his clothes, shook his head.

"I... I want to continue..." He answered and was the first to let go of the hero's hand.

"I understand." Aizawa stood up again, "This time I'll be using my Quirk, so in theory yours shouldn't activate, okay?" He asked and the boy just nodded, taking the other pencil with two of his fingers, "Okay, on the count of three, try your Quirk, one... two... three."

As soon as he said the number, Tenko touched the object with all his fingers, but to his surprise it didn't disintegrate, he even felt strange, as if something was missing in his body; It was then that he looked up and saw with amazement the hero's Quirk activated; Eraser Head's eyes turned red, his hair levitated like the bandages on his scarf and it seemed that a strange red aura surrounded him, although the latter could not be sure if it was the product of the Quirk or his imagination exaggerating the appearance.

"Good job Tenko, please stop touching the pencil." Aizawa asked him; Shimura nodded and as he did, Eraser Head deactivated his quirk, "Well, what you just saw was my Erasure activated, while I look at you you won't be able to activate your Quirk, but as soon as I blink your Quirk will manifest, so the tests will be quick and easy at the moment.” Aizawa approached the boy again, "How are you feeling?"

"I'm fine." Tenko replied, then looked at the pencil she couldn't disintegrate, "When you used your quirk, I felt something strange inside of me, like something was missing... Is that normal?"

“Yes, I have been told about that.” Aizawa responded with a nod, "Don't worry it's just a side effect of my Quirk, imagine it's like when you try to sneeze but you can't, well that's the same thing when you try to use your Quirk and it doesn't work."

"That's gross…"

"I'm not the best at setting examples, kid." Aizawa answers.

Tenko for his part looked at the hero for a few seconds before an involuntary laugh escaped him and he struggled to maintain a poker face, although Shota could easily see that he was failing.

"Anyway, we better keep working to finish before lunch." He said as he led the Shimura boy to the next test.

"Yes Mr. Shota."

"Don't call me Mr, I'm not that old."

Aizawa took Tenko's gloved hand and together they walked to another test, what neither of them saw, was that the other two heroes that accompanied them were smiling.

 


 

Shota Aizawa gave a long yawn before drinking his coffee in the teacher's room, almost two weeks had passed since he started working with Tenko, and although there was still a long way to go for the boy's healing, the progress had been remarkable, now the kid was more sociable, at least enough to respond to other adults with words, he rarely spoke first or held a conversation, the only exceptions being All Might and Aizawa himself.

"You shouldn't drink so much coffee, it's bad for your health and it will damage your teeth." Recovery Girl's voice spoke from behind the hero, who took a seat next to Eraser Head and placed a cup of tea on the table.

"I have no choice, after this I have to meet with detective naomasa tsukauchi, he wants to talk about possible trigger smuggling." Aizawa replied and drinks his coffee.

"Hmmm... it's still not good, you better sleep after that meeting."

“I can't, then I have to patrol and-.” A baton hits Aizawa in the knee, “Ouch! That hurts!"

"And the next one goes to the head if I find out that you went to patrol without resting!" The old woman seriously yelled at him.

"Fuck, fine, I'll do it, I'll take a nap when I get out of the police station, violence wasn't necessary" Aizawa caresses the area of the blow while he went back to drinking his coffee; Recovery Girl for her part stared at Eraser Head for a moment before giving in and sighing.

"Fine, I'll settle for that." He said and drank his tea; for a few minutes neither of them said anything, they enjoyed their warm drinks and the silence of the environment, however, Chiyo Shuzenji decided that she had something important to say, "You know, I don't think any of us have expressed to you how grateful we are to you."

Aizawa didn't need to be a genius to know what the doctor was referring to.

"It's my job, you have nothing to thank me for."

"But I'll do it anyway, because this goes beyond work, Aizawa Shota." Recovery Girl said, using the hero's full name to denote how important he was, "Before you met Shimura Tenko in person, none of us were sure if he would be able to fully help him."

“By the time I got there you guys had made a breakthrough, if I had tried to talk to the boy from the start it would have only scared him.” Shota was serious, he never liked taking credit when several professionals were involved.

"Oh indeed dear, and I'm not undermining the work of others, but we all play a role and yours was important." The old woman smiled before going back to drinking her tea.

"I didn't do it right." Aizawa sighed, "I made promises to the kid, promises that he now depends on to maintain his trust, and my job as a hero can break that trust, I got very involved with the child and a single mistake can ruin everything..." Eraser Head he replied bitterly, Hound Dog warned him and he was right, because if he didn't keep what he promised, everything could be in vain.

“Hmmmm… yes, I understand that fear, but I am glad to know that you are still young and naive so that someone like me can give you a few words of wisdom.” Recovery Girl said with a calm tone that caught Aizawa's attention, "Dear, no matter how much you try to put a barrier between you and the people you save, we are heroes, in the end we are dedicated to saving lives and whether you like it or not, that already implies that we are an important part of their lives."

"But I promised him..."

"It doesn't matter, there is no manual on how to do things, if there were, everything would be much easier, so we do what we can with what we have within reach. Does making those promises have risks? Perhaps. Was it the right thing? Undoubtedly." Chiyo caressed Eraser Head's cheek like a grandmother calming her grandson, “You are a true hero Shota, a hero that I am proud to have educated, and a hero that I have the opportunity to see grow as a professional and as a person.”

Aizawa was silent at those words, he was surprised, but also happy, he didn't want to show it so he only smiled slightly at Recovery Girl, but inside he felt a warm and renewed confidence.

"Thank you, sensei"

"Oh dear I don't teach anymore." The old lady laughed and stood up, having finished her drink a while ago, "Now I only dedicate myself to healing troubled people and children, and I will continue like this until my last breath." she started walking and carrying her cup, "I guess the last piece of advice this fossil can give you is, have more confidence in yourself, you are very smart and I know you will find ways to help young Shimura."

Shota just nodded and watched the veteran heroine leave, left alone with his thoughts again, more specifically with what his former mentor had told him.

The more she thought about it, the more she remembered Nemuri's words, she believed that for children to have a good education, different types of approach were necessary, although it is most likely that Aizawa will expel several of his students if he does not consider them worthy, perhaps Midnight's perspective was not wrong, if there is no correct way to help people, it means, that there can be several ways.

Thinking about that he pulled out his phone and looked at his contact list, it had been over a month since they last spoke, he didn't think he would miss her, but even though Present Mic and Midnight were around and quite noisy, they were no match for Ms. Joke in that regard, sometimes he actually found himself thinking of her for some reason, he assumed that he had simply gotten too used to his presence and in some bizarre way, missed his lame jokes, just that, definitely, nothing more.

“…Why do I do this to myself?” He wondered when a very bad idea came into his head, he hated when his brain betrayed him, but, maybe it was for the best, she could help him with Tenko, she had better treatment with children without a doubt; Besides, he had to keep in touch with his friends, just, friends.

 


 

"Don't feel nervous Tenko, everything will be fine." Aizawa said as he led the boy by the hand to Principal Nedzu's office.

"But... what if they don't like me?" The boy asked, clinging with his gloved hand to Eraser Head's, "What if they don't want me?"

Aizawa looked sympathetically at the kid, he could understand his fear.

“They will, believe me, they are your uncles, they want to meet you and help you, don't worry either, you are not going to go with them today, we don't want to stress you out with such an abrupt change with people you don't know, first we want you to know who they are so that you have them confidence."

Tenko looked at the hero still with doubts, of all the people who were with him regularly he was the one who had the most confidence and really believed in his words, but the fear persisted inside him, the memories of his family kept giving him nightmares.

"Okay..." He muttered, if Mr. Shota said that they were good people, then it must be true.

Not long after they reached the door, Tenko looked up hesitantly and increased the strength of his grip on Aizawa's hand who patted him on the head with his other hand before opening the door and looking inside the principal's office.

When the door opened, he could see the chimera director, who smiled kindly when he saw the boy enter, beside him was Ryo Inui without his hero costume.

Then he focused on the people he didn't know, one was a man with dark hair and somewhat disheveled, he was much shorter than Mr. Shota and had some freckles on his face, the man kept a soft smile when he saw him.

Next to him was a woman, her hair was green but the shape of her hairstyle and easy features reminded him of someone but he couldn't remember who, the lady's smile when she saw him was even greater.

Then in the woman's lap there was a baby, he couldn't have been more than two years old and he had a small All Might costume, several locks of dark green hair came out of the hood while he was seen playing with a doll of some armored hero, but Tenko did not know who it was.

"Hello, Tenko." The green-haired lady spoke as she stood up, carrying her son, "I'm glad we can meet, we are your uncles, my name is Inko Midoriya, this is my husband Hizashi Midoriya." The lady introduced herself and her partner.

Then, the little infant in Inko's arms stopped playing with the toy and looked into Tenko's eyes, managing to see a wide childish smile accompanied by emerald eyes.

"And he is our son, Izuku."

Notes:

I said it, it was going to be a chapter mainly based on Dadzawa.

Well, I suppose to begin with I will say that I have no idea how to proceed in such a case, I am not a psychologist so please excuse me if it seems very unbelievable.

What I wanted to achieve in this chapter was to establish what Tenko and Aizawa's relationship would be like, more than anything to establish him as one of the main father figures and hero model; obviously All Might and Hizashi will also influence his education and growth, but I like the idea of Eraser Head as the main figure for that role.

As you can see, there were some time jumps, but very short, I just didn't want to sound redundant in some things and tell about Tenko's day to day, after all his healing is a long process, and there are still more key actors for that, and at the end of the chapter the most important was introduced, Izuku.

Regarding the mention of Ms. Joke, if she will have more appearances, but she will not be a member of the AU academy, after all I understand that she did not study there, but if she will be there to help, besides trying to kiss... I mean, make Aizawa laugh for the first time.

Anyway, I hope you like this chapter, soon we will have Tenko living with the Midoriya family and unwittingly, becoming Izuku's older brother.

Any questions, suggestions or corrections can tell me in the comments, until next time!

Notes:

Hello everyone, first of all thanks for reading, it's my first time here and I wasn't sure whether to write this story or not, I'll try to update as soon as possible, and I hope you liked this first chapter.

Regarding the plot, I like the stories of Izuku and Tomura/Tenko as brothers, and I wanted to contribute to this, in this case the main plot of the anime is rewritten so that Tenko is saved by All Might, and from there the past of the protagonists will change, although of course as you read in the tags, sooner or later Izuku will take the role of the villain.

I must clarify something very, very important, and that is that the ages of Tenko and many other heroes have been reduced so that they are two years older than Izuku, why did I do this? so that Tenko is still a student, is a partner of the most powerful trio of the AU academy and has a very diverse classroom, which leads to the second point, this story will have a pairing of Tenko and Miruko, I like the combo and for that she will also be younger, many heroes in fact will be, since I want all of Tenko's companions in the hero course to be from the canon, don't worry anyway, many of the classic proheros will continue as they normally are and if there are parts that do not change too much just to make them younger

Oh right, I also made the theory that Inko is Nana shimura's daughter true

For the moment I will focus on Tenko's childhood, how he manages to get ahead and his relationship with Izuku, then it will be seen how he acquires the OFA and why Izuku ends up going to the dark side.

It may look like a very dramatic story, but I promise there will be humor, I just didn't want it to clash with the beginning.

anyway, thanks again for reading, any questions, comments or corrections let me know!

PD: There will be more chapters, but I don't know how to change that and stop showing 1/1