Actions

Work Header

Reach For The Stars

Chapter 2

Notes:

I wrote this like 3 months ago and then i was too scared to post it.

I also had like 40° fever when i wrote it, so yeah…

Anywho, I hope it’s alright?

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

"Langa.."

"Oh my god, Reki! What happened?" Why did the other teen sound so worried? None of this made sense. Had he hit his head too hard?

"Hey, Kid. You back with us now?", a deep voice to his left asked. Was that Joe? "Did you get in a fight? Are you okay?"

"I... " Why was talking so hard? "I feel kinda fuzzy... Everything hurts. But I deserve it anyway, so.." The last part was muttered under his breath, but judging by the worried gazes he received, it was heard none the less. 

"Okay", Joe spoke up, "we're gonna take you to the hospital, buddy." That however made Reki perk up. "What? No, I'm fine!" He couldn't burden them even more.

"If it helps, we were going there anyway, to pick up Cherry", Joe tried to console him. I didn't work.

"Cherry? What happened, is he alright?" Reki sat up straighter and promptly regretted it. The stinging in his head got so bad, that he nearly had to throw up from the pain. There were black dots clouding his vision and a ringing in his ears. He tried to take a few breaths, to calm down the urge to retch up his last meal, which, in hindsight, was a really bad decision, seeing how the deep breaths only brought him more pain, in the form of stinging ribs. 

He leaned to the side, coughing and gagging, there were tears in his eyes. He wished he could pass out now, he wished everything would just stop. 

There was a hand on his back, drawing soothing patterns. After a while, when Reki was able to breathe again, he looked up to see who it belonged to. And of course it was Langa. Their eyes met for a moment, but Reki had to look away. Langa's eyes held so many emotions and Reki really didn't feel like unpacking any of those right now. Or ever.

"Come on, let's go to the car. We'll explain everything on our way the hospital", proposed the green haired skater. 

Reki got up, slowly this time. He had to use the wall for support and when he wanted to start walking he swayed and nearly fell down again. Joe held his shoulder, to steady him. Unknowing of Reki's injuries he grabbed onto the boy's hurt left shoulder.

"O- Other side, please", Reki said softly, looking down in shame. He had gotten himself into this mess, and now the others had to go out of their way to care for him. Joe looked confused for a bit, but soon seemed to realize what Reki had meant and switched his grip to the boys other arm. 

With Reki standing, he could now finally see that there was a third person standing in the alley. Upon catching his gaze, Miya turned his head away. He looked angry. Reki really did fuck up, didn't he?

 

-------------------

 

The car ride was awkward to say the least. Miya hadn't said a word. He only acknowledged Reki's presence by shooting him angry glares from time to time. Langa kept staring at him and it looked like he wanted to say something, but he never did. Joe, after explaining the situation with Cherry, fell silent and concentrated on driving, with exception from a few worried glances in the rear view mirror.

Reki hated it. He missed his bubble of blissful ignorance. He could only hope that he would be able to go home after a quick check up. He couldn't bear sticking around his friends (were they friends? not really, right? maybe acquaintances) any longer. 

Notes:

welp, let’s see if i can get motivated enough to wright another chapter this year

to be honest, i didn’t think people would actually read this, so now i’m confused

this chapter isn’t even finished, sorry

i think i will have to go over what i’ve written again and change a few things (because they suck)

Notes:

This is my first time writing a fanfic so I have no idea what i'm doing. Hope this isn't too bad
English also isn't my first language, so if you find any mistakes, feel free to point them out to me :)

tbh i'm just projecting my feelings onto reki

maybe i will write bits of the story from Langas perspective as well.