Actions

Work Header

You Are Loved And Wanted

Summary:

Team is being loving and protective boyfriend when Win isn’t feeling good about himself. Or in other words, what happens when the last part in the Between Us series summary is “Team helps Win feel wanted” and I haven't been able to get it out of my head since I first saw it.

Notes:

Hi everyone :)

So this is my first story on this website and also it’s my very first BL story.
This story was originally supposed to be a one shot, but it was getting very long so I’ve decided to make it into a multi chapter story.

I hope you will enjoy it at least a little bit.

Happy reading :)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/17lIUdU12XShCXRxf8BS7BuQ_jah9iUriuqQ67wWuJCk/edit?usp=sharing

(See the end of the work for more notes.)

Chapter 1: I’ve got you

Summary:

Win has a tough day and needs his boyfriend.

Chapter Text

Win was getting ready for the day. He did his morning routine, ate breakfast, grabbed his backpack, put on his shoes, and went to school. Just like any other ordinary day.

However, something about today felt off. The minute he stepped out of his room, he knew that something wasn’t quite right. Maybe it was because, unlike any other day, Team wasn’t leaving with him. Team had an early class and didn’t want to wake Win up, so he slept in his room instead. Win was trying to convince Team to sleep in his room since he knows that Team sleeps better with him, but he wouldn’t budge.

"You have to calm down." Win, everything is fine. You will see Team during lunch," Win thought to himself.

See, Win got used to Team sleeping next to him every night so much that when he wasn’t there, Win had trouble sleeping. He knew that the fact that he and Team were sleeping in the same room helped Team, but what the younger boy didn’t know was that it was helping Win too.

He was so absorbed in his thoughts that he didn’t realise that he was already at the university. Win thought that by the time he got there, the strange feeling from this morning would have disappeared, but he still felt like something was wrong. The problem was that Win had no idea why he felt that way.

A lot of students were staring at him as he walked to his first class. Win ignored it since he was used to it by now. People were looking at him all the time. Some because of his looks or tattoos; others knew who he was because of his family. In school, he knew that those looks were also because of his position as vice president of the swim club.

Somehow, he was sure that the looks that he was getting now were different; they were judgemental. Win knew why he was getting those looks, too. His past lifestyle still followed him and people remembered how he used to be. It didn’t matter that Team and he had been dating openly for six months or that Win’s family had already talked about Team as their son and brother. People still saw Win as a playboy, someone who just sleeps with others until he gets bored with them and then changes partners.

Win got to his first class and went to his seat. The class was starting in about ten minutes, but for Win it felt like hours. He just wanted everybody to concentrate on class and not him.

"Win, Hello Win, Hey, Earth to Win! " Win was brought back to reality by Dean. He looked up and saw Dean’s worried look. He just smiled and hoped that it looked convincing. But the way Dean was looking at him, Win knew that it didn’t work.

Luckily for Win, the professor walked into the classroom, and Dean didn’t have any other choice than to sit down in his seat, but Win knew that there would be a lot of questions after the class.

Win was trying his hardest to concentrate on what the professor was saying, but he still could tell that some people were looking at him. He started to feel paranoid because there was no reason why anyone would stare at him.

"Win, everything is okay. You are just freaking yourself out for no reason. No one is looking at you or talking about you, and even if someone was, it's not like you have never heard it before," Win thought to himself while he was trying to calm down.

During class, Win came up with a plan. First he had to handle his morning classes, then he would go to lunch with his boyfriend and friends. He was hoping that being next to Team would ease his mind. He'd have to survive one afternoon class after lunch, then go to practice, and finally, he and Team would go to his room and just relax. Honestly, they will probably be sleeping, given how tired Win feels right now. He doubts that Team will be against it, since he knows how little his boy sleeps when he’s alone.

"Win, is everything okay? You don’t look so good. Do you need me to take you back to your dorm or call Team?" Dean asked him in a concerned voice after the end of the class.

It was strange for Win to see Dean so worried about him. He knew that Dean cared about him as he did about his siblings, friends, the swim club, and Pharm. Obviously, Dean’s level of care for Pharm is way different from the one he has for his friends and family. Still, Win wasn’t used to seeing this side of Dean when it came to him. They are best friends, but over the years they mastered their almost non-verbal communication. They knew each other well enough that they didn't need words.

"Don’t worry, Dean, everything is fine. I’m just tired. I couldn’t sleep well last night. I will be okay once I get some sleep," Win said with a tired smile. Hopefully, Dean would believe that he was just tired and that there was no other reason for his current mood.

Knowing his best friend, Dean obviously didn’t believe him, but he acted like he did. He knew that there was something else that was making Win look so sad.

Win and Dean were walking to their next class when Dean heard people whispering and glaring at Win. Dean didn’t have to be a genius to know what this was all about. The students were once again discussing the rumours about Win. He hoped that they had stopped, since he hadn’t heard anyone talking for months. Until now, that is. Win had been dating Team for months now, and he had been single for a couple of months before meeting the young boy. Sure, Win flirted with Team a lot, but that is the way Win is. Dean can tell that Win loves Team just by the way he looked when someone mentioned Team’s name. And according to Pharm, Team was just the same when he heard Win’s name. So, why couldn't other people see it?

Seeing his friend so down when he normally was all smiles, jokes, sneaky comments, and innuendos was making Dean upset. Win didn’t deserve this, and Dean didn’t know what to do. Or maybe he did.

Dean pulled out his phone to check the time, making sure that he still had a couple of minutes before the next class would start. He goes to his contacts and taps on the name that he was looking for.

Dean

"Team, I don’t want to disturb you before your next class. But it looks like something is wrong with Win. Something is bothering him, but he won’t talk to me. Maybe he will talk to you. I offered to take him back to his dorm and call you, but he said no."

Dean pressed Send and waited for a reply. And sure enough, Team answered in a matter of seconds.

Team

"Thank you for letting me know, P’Dean. I think I know what’s wrong. Would it be okay if me and Hia Win skipped practice today? "

"Also, Pharm says hi."

Dean smiled at the second message, knowing that his boyfriend and Manaow were reading the text over Team’s shoulder. But also in the knowledge that his best friend has someone like Team.

Dean

"Sure, but only today, since I originally wanted Win to go back to his dorm. Let me know if you need help with something else. "

"Hi, Pharm, and you too, Manaow. See you all at lunch."

Team

"Okay, P’Dean, thank you. I promise we will be at practice tomorrow. See you at lunch."

After he received Team’s replay, Dean put his phone back into his pocket and went to catch up with Win, who didn’t even notice that Dean wasn’t following him.

•••

Team put his phone on the table in front of him. Getting a text message from Dean was not something he was used to, unless it was about practice. He didn’t expect to receive a message from Dean about his boyfriend.

Team was already in a bad mood because he had to wake up earlier than normal to go to his early morning class. Which meant that he couldn’t wake up next to Win and get the daily dose of morning cuddles and kisses that they both enjoyed so much. Sure, it was his idea to sleep in his room instead of Win’s, but that was only because he wanted Win to get his well-deserved sleep. There was no reason for Win to wake up so early just because of Team’s stupid class.

Hearing that his boyfriend was sad certainly did not help Team to feel any better. Team could guess what was happening with Win. They were both used to sleeping in the same bed. So, once they couldn’t do that, even if it was just for one night. It messed up their sleep schedule.

That’s why Team decided to do everything he could to make Win happy again. Win was always there for him, and Team promised himself that he would be there for Win whenever he needed him.

"Team, do you really know what is going on with P’Win? Did something happen between you two? " Manaow asked, worry evident in her voice. She cared for her friends very deeply. And since Win and Dean are dating her best friends, they become important to her too.

Team could tell that Manaow was genuinely worried about whatever was going on. And judging by the look Pharm was giving him, he was too.

"Nothing has happened between me and Hia Win. I think that he’s just sad because we didn’t spend a lot of time together yesterday. You know how Hia is," Team said. Leaving the part about him not sleeping in Win’s room out. Their friends knew about them dating, but they didn’t know anything about Team’s nightmares or the fact that he slept in Win’s room almost every night.

"P’Win, helps you with English sometimes, right? I’ve seen him looking through your English homework a couple of times. You could have gone to his room yesterday and asked him for help. I know it’s a weird way to be with him, but at least the two of you would have spent more time together," Pharm said, trying to figure out a way to help his friend.

"Pharm, you know that we had an early morning class today. If I had gone to Hia Win’s room yesterday, I would have fallen asleep there, because of how tired I was from practice. And that would mean that I would have woken up Hia very early in the morning today when I would be leaving. He needs his sleep, and you both know that as much as I do. I’m sure you two would have done the same if it were your boyfriends. Am I right? '' Team loved how much his friends cared about him and Win. They just wanted both of them to be happy.

Pharm and Manaow nodded in agreement, but still looked worried. Team smiled at them, hoping that they would stop worrying about the situation.

"Guys, I promise that everything is okay. You don’t have to worry about it. We should be happy that we don’t have any classes left today. Well, since our last class before lunch got cancelled due to our professor not being able to come. And the class that we have after lunch every day got cancelled for a week or so because the professor got sick." Team was happy that he didn’t have to worry about classes any more today. Sure, the professors' being sick and not being able to get here wasn’t a good thing, but at least Team could get some things done.

"I have to leave you both for some time. I have something that I need to take care of. I will be back before lunch," he said while packing up his things. Pharm and Manaow just nodded their heads and waved him goodbye.

Team was on his way to Win’s bike. Since Team left early this morning, he couldn’t drive Win to university. Which meant that Win had to use the bike. Team usually drives both of them to university, since he finds it safer than riding with Win. However, he let Win teach him how to ride it, just in case. Win even got him a set of keys of his own if he needed to use the bike.

Win’s bike was parked right next to Team’s car. just like he expected it to be.

At first, Team wanted to tow the bike behind his car and drive it back to the dorm, but he decided against it. Instead, he got the keys Win gave him, got the helmet he kept in the backseat of his car, and hopped on the bike.

He drove to the dormitory and left Win’s motorcycle in its usual parking spot. He took their helmets and went inside the building, straight to his room. Team didn’t need anything that important from his room, so he went there to get a key card to Win’s room and some clothes. After that, he went to Win’s room to get his change of clothes there. He knew that when they came back, he would not want to go to his room just to change. He put the helmets on the hanger right next to the front door and left.

With that being done and both of their rooms being safely locked, Team headed outside to take care of the real reason he left his friends.

You see, Team knows the real reason why Win was so down today. While what he told Manaow and Pharm might be one of the reasons behind Win’s sad mood, the main reason was the things that people were saying about Win. Team saw a couple of people looking at him and whispering when they thought he couldn’t see them.

Team was very well aware of Win’s dating history. And he didn’t mind it at all unless he accidentally met someone Win had dated before and they felt entitled to brag about it. Win was older than him and was allowed to have dated someone before he met Team.

They have had a conversation about it before. Win wanted to let Team know that he wasn’t playing any games with him and that rumours about him were not true, at least not entirely.

Team never understood why people couldn’t just move on. What Win was doing in the past and what he was doing now was none of their business. Sometimes, Team wants to walk up to the people who think they can gossip about his boyfriend and ask them if they don’t have anything better to do or if their lives are just that boring.

Knowing that Win would be down for the rest of the day if he didn’t do anything, Team decided that he would spoil Win as much as he could today.

But, first things first. He has one very important thing that he needs to pick up before he can start planning how he will spoil his boyfriend, even though the thing that he was about to pick up was also for Win. It just needed time to be done, so Team couldn’t get it sooner even if he wanted to.

Contrary to what most people thought, Team had fallen for Win almost immediately after they first talked to each other. He was just scared to talk about his feelings, because he had never felt anything like that before. So before he confessed, he needed to know that Win was feeling the same way. Even though Pharm and Manaow were telling him that Win had feelings for him, Team wanted to hear it from Win himself. Without his usual jokes and flirting, which officially happened the night before they went to see the waterfalls on their trip,

Team was slowly walking away from the dorm. He could have used Win’s bike, but that would defeat the whole purpose of driving it to the dorm, so he could drive himself and Win in his car once they were done at university. And considering that the jewellery store that he was heading towards wasn’t that far away, using it would be pointless.

Team was going to the jewellery store to pick up an order that he had placed a couple of months ago. He has been saving up since he realised his feelings for Win. Team knew he wasn't rich like Win’s family; he had to put aside some money from his allowance to pay for the surprise. He didn’t mind it though. If it was for Win, then it was worth it.

Team ordered a set of silver rings with two small diamonds in the middle of both of the rings. The diamonds were from both of their mothers, respectfully, while their initials and the words "I Love You" were engraved on the inside. It was cheesy and cliché, and Team knew that, but he wanted Win to have something to remind him that he was loved.

Team knows that if Win wears the ring, then it might look like they are engaged, which is what Team wants it to be. He plans on proposing to Win before he leaves for London. But if Win says that it’s a promise ring, then it will be a promise ring. If he says that it’s an engagement ring, then that’s what it would be.

That’s why he wanted to give it to Win before he left for London, as a promise that he would wait for him.

Team could feel a little tingling in his stomach. He was nervous. This was one of the most important decisions he had made. Getting rings for both him and Win when he wasn’t sure if his boyfriend would like it or even want to have something like that was scaring him. Sure, he knew that Win loved him and Team did too, but he wasn’t sure if Win would think that it was too early for a step like that. At this point, Team just hopes that Win will like them and maybe wear his ring one day.

After getting inside the shop and properly and politely greeting the owner with a wai, he went to the counter.

"What can I do for such a young and handsome man like you?" asked the owner after Team got to the counter.

"Sawasdee krap, P," an order under the name Teerayu Siriyothin should be waiting for me," Team replied, a shy smile on his face. The owner smiled back, checking the system for Team’s order. After that, she pulled out a ring box and opened it up so Team could look at the rings himself.

"Thank you, they are beautiful," Team said after a couple of minutes. The owner smiled and closed the box, so Team could pay for it.

"I’m sure that your special someone will love the rings; they really are beautiful," the owner said with a smile as she was giving Team the box.

Team paid for the rings, carefully placing the box in his backpack so nothing could happen to it, putting his backpack back on, once again thanking the owner before he said his goodbyes and left the store.

Once he was out of the store, he checked the time on his phone. He still had thirty minutes before lunch would start, but he had to hurry anyway. It usually takes about twenty minutes to get from the dorms to the university, which is why Team always uses his car.

Team started walking towards the university, silently hoping that he would get there sooner than just ten minutes before lunch.

When he finally got back to campus, he went right to the table where Pharm, Manaow, and he always met up. Once he got close enough, he could see that his best friends were already there waiting for him. Before he went to them, he checked the time on his phone, realising he had gotten back five minutes earlier than he expected.

"Team, you are back already!" Pharm happily welcomed his friend back once he spotted him.

"Of course, I told you that I would be back before lunch," Team answered, sitting down opposite Pharm. They know that if their boyfriends join them, they will want to sit next to them.

"So, what was so important that you had to leave us here for forty-five minutes?" Manaow asked as he was sitting down and his phone was on the table.

"I just took Hia Win’s bike back to the dorm, since I don’t want him to ride it when he’s tired. That’s it. It just took me fifteen minutes to get back here," Team told her. Keeping the main reason why he went there to himself, he didn’t want his friends to spoil anything or get too excited if Win didn’t accept the ring.

Pharm and Manaow just nodded in understanding. After that, they connected to talk about random things while they waited for lunch to start.

Five minutes before lunch, the three of them went to the canteen to wait for everyone to arrive. Pharm texted Dean after the end of Dean’s class, asking him what he would want for lunch. That’s how the three friends decided to bring the food for everyone before they got there.

Pharm was already waiting with all of their lunches at their table, while Team and Manaow went to get everyone some drinks.

That’s when Team and Manaow saw Win and Dean coming into the cafeteria. To say that Win looked tired was an understatement. He looked tired and sad, like he had just got some very bad news. His usual teasing smirk and cheerful mood are gone.

"Go! I will take this to the table. Your boyfriend needs you. But once you find out who is responsible for this, I want to know. It looks like I will have to have a talk with someone. No one will make my friends sad and get away with it," Manaow said, taking the drinks out of Team’s hands, clearly upset about the situation.

"If he tells me. You can be sure that I will do that myself, but you can go with me. I’m sure that I will need you to hold me back so I don’t end up getting kicked out for hurting someone," Team told Manaow while giving her the drinks. She could tell that Team was serious just by the look on his face. There was no doubt that if he knew who upset Win, he would go after them right now.

They looked at each other one last time, silently agreeing on the plan they had made, before Manaow left towards their table. Team went towards Win and Dean, exchanging one look with Dean, who finally noticed him, before he disappeared behind a corner.

•••

Win couldn’t focus on anything his professor was saying. Instead, he was counting down the minutes until he saw Team. But it seemed like time was against him. For Win, every passing minute felt like an hour. Luckily for Win, this was his last class before lunch, which meant that he would be with Team soon.

He could feel that Dean was looking at him the whole time. Dean didn’t believe him. Win was sure about that. But he really didn’t care if he fooled his friend or not. He was tired from the lack of sleep and the people glaring at him the entire day. So Win really didn’t have the energy to act like he was okay.

Actually, Win felt like he would break any second now. He feels like crying, but he knows he can’t do that. But he isn’t sure if he can hold it in when he sees Team.

The class ends, and Win almost doesn’t notice. Not until he feels Dean’s hand on his shoulder. He looks up at him and is met with a small smile.

"Time to go for lunch, buddy," Dean said softly, as if he knew if he said anything else, Win would lose it.

They packed their things and headed to the canteen. Win silently walks next to Dean, who throws concerned looks at him every two seconds. Win didn’t want to look at him because that would mean that he would have to see the people who were gossiping about him.

They got to the canteen, and Dean was sure that Win hadn’t even noticed it. His head was down once they walked into the canteen, and Dean hated it. He was used to Win’s teasing and now, when his friend was the complete opposite of his usual self, Dean didn’t know what to do to help him.

He just hoped that Team would be able to help Win feel better. That’s when Dean noticed Team walking in their direction. They exchanged one look before Dean saw Team disappear around a corner that he and Win would soon pass by.

Win could tell that they were already at the canteen because he could hear people talking. He was following Dean, knowing that Team would be wherever Pharm was.

He and Dean were passing by a corner when he was grabbed by the hand and pulled around the corner. At first, he panicked because he wasn’t expecting it. But when he looked up and saw Team standing right in front of him, he instantly calmed down.

"Come here," whispered Team softly, as he spread his arms, ready to give Win a hug. That’s when Win lost it. He launched into Team with everything he had.

Team hugged him back just as tightly while he softly ran his fingers through Win’s hair. He could feel Win shaking, which was an indication that Win was silently crying. Team didn’t like it. He really wanted to hurt the people who had caused his boyfriend to feel that way.

“It’s okay Angel, I’m here. I've got you. Let it out. It will be okay,” Team was holding Win as close as he could, hoping that it would give him some comfort.

Win was trying to calm down, knowing that they had to go to their friends soon. He pulled away a little bit to look at Team. Team put one of his hands on Win’s face. "Do you think you can handle lunch or do you want to leave?" Team asked as he wiped Win’s tears.

“I can handle it, just don’t leave my side, please,” Win pleaded softly, afraid that he would start crying again if he spoke any louder.

Team wasn’t big on PDA, even though they were technically hidden away from everybody. But right now, he doesn't care if someone sees them. He took Win’s hands in his, intertwining their fingers, and kissed him on the cheek. "I will be right next to you the whole time, and if you decide that you want to leave, just let me know and we will leave. Okay Angel?" Team wasn’t big on pet names either, but if it made Win think about something else, then he would call him every pet name he could think of.

Win smiled a little and gave Team a kiss on the cheek too, as a thank you. feeling a little better, but still nervous about the looks that will follow him once they leave their hiding spot.

Team let go of one of Win’s hands so they could walk to their friends, but kept holding the other with their fingers still intertwined to remind Win that he was there next to him.

"Are you ready to go out there? Remember, we can leave anytime you want to. If you want to leave, just tell me or squeeze my hand and we will go. Or we don’t have to go there at all if you change your mind. Okay Angel," Team knew that if anyone had heard what he had just said, they would probably be in shock or they would have laughed at him, but he didn’t care. He needed to make sure that Win knew that he had options about what they would do now.

Win hugged him one more time before he gave him a small nod as a way of saying that he was ready.

They walked straight to the place where Team knew their friends would be. They both noticed the looks that followed them, and Team could feel Win tense up next to him. Team just held his hand a bit tighter and made little circles with his thumb on the back of Win’s hand.

When they finally got to their friends and sat down, Team could tell that all of them had figured out what happened to Win. That or Dean told them, because everyone knows that he can’t keep anything to himself if he’s with Pharm.

Manaow looked like she was ready to kill everyone in the school who said even one bad thing about Win. Pharm looked like he would join her the minute she suggested it, and Team wasn’t sure if Dean would be able to stop them if that happened. Even Del was watching everyone who dared to look at Win in a bad way with a death stare.

Dean was obviously angry too, but he was good at keeping his poker face on, mostly because they were at school. Otherwise, he would be the first one to track down all of the people who found gossiping about his best friend amusing and speak with them.

Team was well aware that everyone at their table adored Win. Dean was his best friend and his platonic soulmate. They went through a lot together. Del cared for Win as if he was her big brother. She grew up with him always being around. They had a lot of fun memories together. For Dean, Del, and pretty much everyone in their family, Win was a member of the family, even though they weren’t blood related.

With his friends, Team knew that it was a little bit different. He knew all Pharm wanted for them was to be happy together, ever since Team told him that Win and he were together. Despite the fact that Team was certain that Pharm had warned Win that if he hurt his friend, he would pay for it. Other than that one warning, Pharm was always nice to Win, just like he was to everyone else. But Team knew that Pharm cared for him in a brotherly way. He never judged Win because of his past. They got along well, and Team even saw them joking around while Pharm was waiting for Dean after swimming practice.

When it comes to Manaow, Team knows that she has heard the rumours just like everyone else did. He was aware that she did believe them at first, but that was before she got to know the guy. Once Manaow got to know him, she realised that even though some of those things could be true, Win is a sweet guy once you actually get to know him, and Team saw how their friendship changed once she realised that. She warned him, just like Pharm did, that if he hurt Team in any way, she would kick his ass. She said it when Win and Team told her that they were officially dating. That is why Team knew about the warning. Not to mention that she said the same thing to Dean when he and Pharm started dating. Everyone knows that Manaow is very capable of doing just that, so no one ever questioned her. Now, Team can see that she will protect Win, Dean, and Del the same way she would protect him and Pharm.

There was a conversation going on at their table, and Win really tried to pay attention, but he just couldn’t. He could hardly look at his friends. He He was sure he would see someone staring at him. The only reason why he was still holding up was because Team was playing with his fingers under the table. Win felt a little better, so he slowly looked at his friends. He could see that they were worried about him, but they didn’t force him to talk about it.

Team pulled Win as close as he could, wrapping his hands around him once they finished lunch. They were so close that Win was almost sitting in Team's lap. Team was aware that people were staring, some even with their mouths wide open from shock. No one was used to Team showing his affection in public like that. Not even his friends. Team was sure they would have teased him if he did it in a different situation. Team didn’t pay attention to the people around him and Win. All he knew was that Win was relaxed in his hold, and that’s what mattered to him.

To say that Win was surprised when Team hugged him like that in public was an understatement. It’s not like Team wouldn’t show his affection for Win in public at all. He usually did it in less noticeable ways. He’d hold Win’s hand under the table or put his hand on his knee at lunch. He would make sure to be close to Win so their hands would touch when they walked. And on days when Team was feeling brave enough, he would hold Win’s hand while they were on a date for everyone to see. The hugs, kisses, and sweet moments were reserved for when they were in one of their rooms.

But Win wasn’t complaining at all. Team’s hug made him feel grounded and safe, so much so that he wanted to curl up in Team’s lab and fall asleep. He could feel Team running his hand up and down his back. The movement was making Win so relaxed that he started to feel sleepy. He put his head on Team’s shoulder and closed his eyes. Win could feel Team holding him a little tighter than before to make sure he wouldn't fall. The last thing he heard before he fell asleep was Team whispering to him, "You can sleep, Angel. I’ve got you."

Team looked up and saw all of his friends looking at him and his boyfriend like they were watching a sweet scene in a movie. He knew that they were not used to him and Win being so romantic in public, but he had to admit that he enjoyed watching their reactions. Pharm was smiling, Manaow and Del were trying not to squeal while taking pictures, and Dean looked at them with the softest smile Team ever saw on his face. It was one of those smiles that he only ever gave to Pharm, so seeing it directed at Win and him was strange, but Team didn’t question him. He knew better than that.

For the rest of the lunch break, they talked about their plans for the upcoming weekend, making sure that they talked quietly so they wouldn’t wake up Win.

"I have to go to my afternoon class now. Let Win know that I will take notes for him and if the professor asks where he is, I will tell her that he isn't feeling well. You are both free from practice today. I know that I told you that you two have to attend practice tomorrow, but if Win isn’t feeling better tomorrow, you can skip it tomorrow too," Dean told Team as he was getting ready to leave for his class.

"Thank you P'Dean, I think Hia Win will be fine tomorrow, but if he isn't feeling well tomorrow, I'll let you know so you know if we will be at practice," Team replied, relieved that Dean was understanding. He hoped that Win would be better tomorrow, but he didn’t know for sure, so he couldn’t promise Dean that they would be there.

"P’Dean, me, Manaow, and Del will go with Team to his dorm, just in case he needs help with getting P’Win to his room, since our afternoon class was cancelled. I will drive Manaow to her house after that, and then I will be back before your practise ends," Pharm said, just to make sure that Dean wouldn’t be worried about him.

"Okay Pharm, just be careful. I will see you after practice," Dean said before giving Pharm a kiss on the cheek and leaving for his class.

Team wanted to object because he knew that he could get Win to his room without any help, but he also knew that Pharm, Manaow, and Del were worried about Win and wanted to make sure that both of them were safely in a room together. So he let it go, but just for this one time.

After Dean left, they sat in silence and waited for everyone else to leave the canteen. They packed their things and agreed on taking the bags of Win and Team since they knew they wouldn't be able to take them themselves. When they knew that they were alone, Team carefully placed Win in his lap. Win’s arms were wrapped around Team’s neck and his head was still on Team’s shoulder. Once Team was holding Win properly in his arms and in a way that the older boy wouldn't wake up, he stood up and slowly started walking to his car.

Pharm, Manaow, and Del took their bags and went after them. When they got to Team’s car, Pharm pulled out the car keys from Team’s bag so he could open the door to the passenger seat. Manaow and Del opened the door to the back seat and placed the bags of Win and Team there. While Team carefully placed Win in the passenger seat and put the seatbelt on him, hoping that he would not wake him up. It turned out to be harder than he expected because Win didn’t want to let him go. "I’m not leaving you, Angel. We are going home. I will be holding your hand again in a few minutes." Team slowly put Win’s hands down and whispered in his ear. The younger boy backed away from the car when he was sure that he could leave Win’s side.

After that, the friends quietly closed the doors of the car, and Pharm handed Team his keys. Manaow and Del were smiling at him, waiting next to Pharm’s car.

"We will see you at your dorm. I will be right behind you, so don’t worry. Just drive safely," Pharm said before giving Team one of his signature smiles and going to his car. Team nodded his head and quickly got into his car to get to the dorm as fast as he could.

The whole car ride was quiet; the only things that could be heard were the engine and Win’s quiet snoring. Team was holding his hand the whole time, just like he promised. He checked on him from time to time, making sure that the older boy was still sleeping.

They got to the dorm before their friends did, so Team pulled out his key card to Win’s room to give it to Pharm after they got there. He didn’t want anyone to go through Win’s things if they didn’t have to. He put the keys and the key card to Win’s room on the dashboard so Pharm could grab them when they got there. Then he unbuckled Win’s seat belt and got out of the car to get to the other side.

Team carefully opened the door and slowly took Win into his arms. Immediately after that, he could see and feel Win getting as close to him as he possibly could, even though there was no way he could be closer given the situation. It was like Win knew that Team was close, and he wanted to become one with him, so they were never apart. Team wasn’t sure if he should smile or cry at that. On one hand, it made him happy that Win wanted to be so close to him. But on the other hand, it made him sad because it showed that Win felt like he wanted to hide from everyone and everything that had hurt or would hurt him.

Team didn’t know when his friends would show up, so he decided that he would sit in the passenger seat with Win curled up in his lap. Luckily, his car was big enough, so they could sit like that and still be comfortable. They have done it a couple of times before, even though usually it was Team who was held by Win that way. That's how he knew that it would work this time too, even though it was done the other way around. So he just sat down and waited for his friends to arrive.

The thing was that once he was sitting down with the older one peacefully sleeping in his embrace, Team’s mind started to analyse the whole situation.

He was aware of other people's feelings about his boyfriend, but he rarely paid attention to what they said. He knew Win, therefore he knew the truth.

The problem was that he had to witness Win suffer when he had to go through days like today. On most days, when people would start to whisper about him, Win would just ignore them and continue on with his day like nothing happened. But then there were days like today. Every whisper, comment, or bad look would make Win feel like he should just disappear and make everyone's life easier. Team hated that Win had to go through that. The only reason he knows about this is because he made Win tell him the first time he had a day like this after they started dating. 

From the way Win sounded when he told him about all of this, Team knew that he had never told any of this to anyone before. Not even his family or Dean knew about it. On that day, Team held Win as they cried together. After they calmed down, he made Win promise that he would always find him when he felt like that, so Team could be there next to him.

Team tightened his grip on Win even more. He had to fight every part of himself to not go and actually fight those idiots at the university. Luckily for them, Team wasn’t going to break the promise he gave to Win. Otherwise, it would be over for them.

When Team was thinking about going to the dorm without waiting for Pharm, Manaow, and Del, Pharm’s car drove past his car and parked on the other side of Win’s bike.

All three of them got out of the car as soon as they could and ran to Team. Pharm stood next to the open door, waiting until Del and Manaow took out the bags they had put on the back seat.

"Ready to go?" Pharm asked softly, so as not to wake Win up. Team got out of the car with Win still fast asleep in his arms. Pharm took the keys and the keycard and locked the car once everyone was ready to go.

They went in and straight to the elevator to get to Win’s room. The auntie at the front door just gave them a soft smile and waved them off. She knew all the kids in the dorm, and seeing Win like that made her worried. She decided to ask Team or his friends if she could help them out somehow once they left.

They got to Win’s room in silence. Pharm goes ahead of the group to unlock the door. He didn’t even go inside; he just opened the door as much as possible so Team could get in. It wasn’t his room and he wasn’t invited either, so just walking in felt rude to him.

Team passed by Pharm and went straight to bed to lay Win down on the bed. The older one obviously didn’t like that, because the minute Team let him go, he was trying to grab his hands again. Team just gently squeezed one of his hands and went to the door to talk to his friends for a bit.

"I’m sorry that you had to wait for us. We were right behind you but then the traffic stopped us for a bit," Pharm said the minute he had a chance. "It’s okay. I figured that it was something like that. Thank you all for helping me," Team reassured him and thanked all of them before taking the bags from Manaow and Del.

"No need to thank us, Team. That’s what friends are for. Don’t forget about what we agreed on," Manaow told him. "I don’t know what you two had agreed on, but you can count all of us in. And please, Team, text or call any of us if you need anything, okay," Del added as she looked at her friend. "She’s right. And if you want, I can stop by later and bring you some desserts and leave them with the auntie downstairs. It might cheer both of you up a bit. You can send me a message if you have any specific desserts that you would like," Pharm suggested, knowing that this might cheer up his friends a bit. He gave Team the keycard to Win’s room before he forgot about it.

After Team agreed to keep his friends updated on the situation and said his thanks one last time, the friends said their goodbyes and left. Team waited for the elevator to go down before closing the door. He took his bag and checked if the rings were okay. Seeing the rings again made him realise that he didn’t want to wait until Win went to London. When he was sure that everything was fine, he placed both bags near the front door.

He pulled out his phone and ordered food from Win’s favourite restaurant, making sure that the food wouldn’t be there for another three hours. Then he sent Pharm pictures of desserts he could make if he had time, not mentioning that they were all Win’s favourites. He put the keycard on Win’s bedside table so he could easily get it when he went to pick up the food.

He quickly grabbed the clothes he had brought there earlier and took a really quick shower. He came back to Win, where the other one was still making grabby hands at the place where Team had previously been.

"I’m right here, Angel. I’m sorry I had to say goodbye to our friends and get some things done, but I’m here with you," Team said when he sat down on the bed next to Win. He pulled him as close as he possibly could to his chest. He took off Win’s hair tie, so his hair fell around his head like a halo. Team kissed Win’s temple and ran his fingers through his hair as a way to keep him calm.