Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warnings:
Categories:
Fandom:
Relationships:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Stats:
Published:
2022-07-31
Updated:
2022-08-14
Words:
9,014
Chapters:
4/?
Comments:
9
Kudos:
342
Bookmarks:
92
Hits:
5,118

Repressed, Maybe for a Good Reason?

Summary:

Izuku’s life has been hell ever since his quirk never came in.

People either tried to berate him for sticking up for other, or teased for not.

He’s almost completely forgotten his father after he left him and his mom...

Well, she might as well have gone with him.

And what was up with the pills he had to take everyday? They didn't do anything?

Or... Was it repressing something that no one should have figured out?

Chapter 1: A Long, Shitty Day with a Twist

Notes:

!!TW!!

Mentions of Bullying
Bullying
Suicide Bating
Thoughts of Suicide
Harassment
Fighting
Currssing
Injuries

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

“Rember Sweetie, you have to take these every day,” his mom told him with a tight smile, he never understood why she was so insistent on him taking these pills, she never told him the reason.

But he did it, everyday, without fail he, he took the mysterious pill.

Everyday he got bullied for being quirkless, he never understood why they thought he was below them, he just wanted to be hero... Why would be quirkless ruin his chances? He wanted to be an underground hero.

He always looked up to Eraserhead, sure, All Might was his favorite hero, but he never wanted to be in the spotlight or get attention, he just wanted civilians to feel safe!

He never understood why everyone wanted to discourage him from helping, he always tried, usually got beat up, and most of the time got yelled at by who he was trying to protect.

After a particularly bad day the day before, he forgot his pill, and his mom didn't seem to notice, she pushed him out of the house without a goodbye, he got pushed and shoved around, and then “Pray for a quirk in your next life, and take a swan dive off the school roof”

Despite that being bad enough he was attacked by a sludge monster and dragged over 100 feet in the air by his favorite hero only to be told “No.. I don't think you could be a quirkless hero, it's best to keep your dreams achievable” and flew off, like it was nothing.

Like he didn't leave an already suicide boy on the edge that would surely kill him.

He considered it, walking over the edge and looking down, seeing if it would kill him without pain, but then an explosion went off.

And unbeknownst to Izuku, someone was watching, having just seen him, ready to pounce if he did jump, sighing softly in relief when the boy ran away, but taking note of his appreance in case he made news later.

After Izuku delt with the sludge beast and was reprimanded for helping, he sulked home, beaten, bruised, and in the worse mental state in his life.

And his mother didn't notice, or she did, she just didn't care.

She yelled at him for being late and shoved money and a grocery list “If I find you spent a cent over what I gave you, so Kami help me!” she yelled after he had gotten dressed.

He was in a black turtle neck and dark blue skinny jeans, the only color being his hair and shoes.

He sniffled as he made his way to the grocery store on the other side of town since it was cheaper and the last thing he needed was another slap from his mother.

After he got the grocerys and counted each cent before walking out, the women looked at him in pitty, he probably looked as tired as he felt.

And if the night couldn't get any worse he was pulled into an alley “Well hello there, seems we pulled an easy one today boys!” a person with flowers in his hair, making the smell of the nasty alley a bit better, commented as he was cornered against the wall.

He gasped out in fear as he looked up at the three men in front of him, the only one that seemed noticeable quirk-wise was the flower boy.

The shorter one chuckled darkly “Sorry, sweetheart, but we gotta do what we gotta do” he went to punch Izuku and in a burst of confidence Izuku pushed the man back, hand on his head.

He felt a sudden feeling of his muscles getting tighter and his legs felt sturdier as the man stumbled back “Hey, why do I feel so different?!” the man that just tried to attack him shouted. Another man reached out to him and a yellow powder came out but Izuku punched him in the head, the man stumbled back and the yellow powder sputtered out of the mans hand before stopping “What the hell?!” that caused them to charge at him and Izuku got in a weak stance and punched both of them.

They both went flying and crashed into the wall, making the flower man and Izuku’s eyes widened “You little shit!” the flower man shouted and Izuku dogged petals that flew at him and punched him in the head, sending the man flying as well.

Izuku didn't even notice the man lose his flowers as he gasped in pain, holding his head as he felt sudden, prikling and rippling pain, knees buckling.

He just thought that the pain came from when he was thrown at the wall, he looked at the three men before standing up shakily, eyes blurry with tears as he was in great pain, but he wanted to get away before the three men woke up again.

Picking up his groceries he ran away, looking around anxiously before hobbling off.

He used his yearly train ticket and got on the train, not noticing the gazes he got as he sat down tiredly.

Halfway through he finally opened his heavy eyes and noticed a few kids looking up at him, in almost... Awe?

He smiled softly and waved making the kids giggle and wave happily, the mom looked over, looked up at his hair and smiled softly before gently reprimanding them for staring.

That confused Izuku but he was just to tired and in to much pain to really bring himself to think about it.

Once at his stop he walked out, limping a bit as the day got to him, barely holding his groceries as he looked up at the stairs leading up to his mom's apartment.

He sighed softly and lumbered his way up the stairs, it only took five minutes but he was so, so tired, mentally and physically, it felt like it took thirty minutes.

He finally opened the door and slumped again it, panting “Finally! What took you so lo-” she let out a horrified gasped as she dropped her bowl, shattering it.

He jolted “Mom? What's wrong?” he asked, stepping forward, but she stepped back “You didn't take your pill..” she said coldly and Izuku thought “Oh... I guess I forgot.. Why?” he asked and she glared at him darkly “Oh, you don't think I'm stupid do you?! I see the flowers!” she shouted.

He looked at her in confusion before looking at the mirror and yelping, swerving around as he saw the flowers, they were beautiful but there weren’t any flowers besides... Tears glided down his face “Why do I look like this?! What's happening?!” he panicked only to be slapped.

He was then pushed harshly against the wall, mirror falling to the ground and shattering “You little bastard! They’ll know now! It’ll be your fault!” she pulled a first up, and for the first time.

Izuku screamed.

Eraserhead was hoping rooftops before he heard a beeped, he sat down low “What is it?” he asked into his phone “We got a call of domestic abuse..” he looked around as for the apartment complex “I’ll look into it” Eraserhead answered before rushing over.

He swung up and looked at the doors before he heard the screaming and ran, he saw the door they informed and double-tapped the alarm for backup after hearing the loud sobbing inside before knocking the door down, capture weapon in head.

He threw the capture weapon the second he saw the lady's fist about to hit the kid again, the kid had a black eye, a bleeding nose and busted lip, tears gliding down his cheeks.

The lady’s yelling was muffled as she glared up at him “I got a call of domestic abuse, I'm-” the kid spoke up quietly “Pro Hero Eraserhead..” he mumbled, words slurred and Eraserhead looked over, slightly impressed, “Yeah kid, I've got backup coming so just stay there and don't move, I've got an ambulance coming too.” he informed and the kid squinted at him before nodded slowly and hugged into himself.

Then it suddenly clicked in Eraserheads’ mind, ‘That’s the kid, the kid that was about to kill himself... But why does he look like that? He didn't look like that a few hours ago...’ he wondered as he made sure the women was still trapped.

After a few minutes a few cops came up and cuffed her up and now she could scream, curse and yelled at her son, the cops, and Eraserhead.

But Eraserhead closed the door and walked over, crouching down “Hey, you awake?” he asked, a gentle tone in his voice, the kid slowly nodded after squinting again.

“Alright, do you think you can stand up, or do you need some help?” he asked, after a minute the kid slowly stood up but stumbled a bit before starting to fall, Aizawa quickly caught him, and pulled him up gently before picking him up.

“I’m gonna take you down to the ambulance, alright? Got everything you need?” Izuku patted his pocket sluggishly and nodding shortly. Eraserhead nodded and opened the door with his foot and walking him down the apartment stairs swiftly.

He hummed, trying to keep the kid awake “So, how do you know me?” he asked, he wasn't usually noticed, he wasn't supposed to, he was an underground hero for a reason.

Izuku hummed, completely out of it “My favorite hero... Work quirkless... Like me” that made Eraserhead pause ‘Quirkless?’ he thought to himself before humming “Alright, what's your name, and how old are you?” he asked as he placed him in the stretcher “Midoriya Izuku... 14...” he nodded “Alright, you on any medicine kid?” he nodded and wordlessly handed a pill bottle.

Aizawa looked at it in confusion, feeling like he’s seen something like it before, he pulled out a baggy and the kid placed it in wordlessly “Alright kid, I gotta go answer some questions... I'll see you in the hospital, try and stay awake till then” Izuku just wordlessly nodded again before Aizawa nodded at the transport nurses before walking out.

He walked over to Detective Naomasa “This is more complicated than I thought it would be” he handed the bag and he looked at it before frowning “What is it?” he asked after reading it “Not sure, the kid also think he’s quirkless” he noted.

Naomasa just stared at him “But, the flowers...” he looked where the ambulance was and Aizawa nodded “Id say that too, but, I saw him earlier a few hours ago and he didn't have the flowers” after it registered true he looked at him bewildered “What?” and Aizawa just sighed loudly and nodded again. “Yep, so I don't know, but, either way the kid does need help” he wasn't sure whether it was a good time to say that he thought the kid was possibly suicidal but figured he should make sure first.

Naomasa rubbed his head “Alright... I'll get this tested and question the boy’s mom, you cutting your shift a bit early?” Aizawa nodded “Yep, I promised him I would, apparently I'm his favorite hero” Naomasa smirked “Awwwwe, how sweet, you got a fan” he teased, Aizawa blushed in embarrassment and hid his face in his capture weapon “Oh shut it, get to work” he glared at him.

After giving his statement he started walking to the hospital while calling his husband, his husband snorted while fumbling the phone making Aizawa chuckle “Shouta? You okay? You never call at this hour” Hizashi asked, concerned.

“Yeah, I'm alright, just something came up, a complicated domestic abuse situation. A kid and mom” he heard his husband sigh sadly “Poor kid... But why are you calling? You usually tell me this stuff after getting home?” Aizawa paused “The kids in it bad... I think his quirk might’ve manifested today, he's 14” he heard his husband sqwuak “What?!” he hummed “Yep, but... I'm pretty sure the kids suicidal too” there was tense silence “Why do you say that...?” he asked hesitantly.

He doesn't blame him, he knows how his husband is about kids, he has a hotline at his radio station for stuff just like that “It was a few hours ago, I was just looking and saw the kid, he just stood there for... it felt like forever, I had my capture weapon ready to grab him, I didn't want to scare him off the roof, but then there was an explosion, and he ran off” there was more silence before a sigh “Okay... He's at the hospital now then?” he asked “Yeah, the kid was hit pretty nasty.. And his head... Looked bloody” there was yet another pause.

Then there was small gulp “...And you think he got his quirk today then...” Hizashi said quietly “Yes... I just hope it wasn't a forced manifestation” he heard a heavy sigh “I hope not, I heard those are very painful and... The kids had it bad enough... I mean, that would mean he was quirkless until, at least, a few hours ago”

That made Aizawa pause, he hadn't even considered that “I didn't even think of that... No wonder the damn kids suicidal, bitch mom and quirkless...” they both knew the statistics of quirklesss, over 62.4% of kids Izuku’s age was dead by suicide, 27.6% murdered, they both knew the number.

Hizashi sighed again “How old is he again?” Aizawa frowned as he continued walking “14” which made his husband gulp “...Is his Dad in the picture?” he hummed “We don't think so, they didn't see any pictures of a father figure, and even if he was, he still would've known, if not participated, in the abuse” he informed.

“That makes sense...” he heard his husband get up “I'm going to the hospital” Aizawa figured so “Are you sure? I can call when he's up, the kid was really out of it” he asked “Absolutely! Besides, I think we both know what each other is thinking!” Aizawa blushed softly “...Fostering the kid” he mumbled “Fostering the kid! Maybe even adopting, but he should probably get used to use before we skip to that!”

He could hear how happy his husband was with this, the couple had thought of adoption but with their schedules, they didn't think they could, but they never considered a teen, which would be the most obvious, and if the kid ever wanted parents that understood, it would be a couple who grew up outcasts themselves.

“...Alright, only cause he said I was his favorite hero” he heard his husband squeal making him pull his phone away “HE DID?! THAT’S THE CUTEST THING EVER!!!!!” his husband yelled, that made Aizawa chuckle and roll his eyes with a found smile “He’s at Hosu General Hospital” he hung up and smiled into his capture weapon as he kept his head down.

Notes:

Here are Izuku’s Quirks:

Ant: Makes the person 10 times faster and stronger, makes no physical changes even with exercise

Stardust: Makes a yellow shimmery powder that makes the victim tired, usually taking them third seconds to sleep

Petal Projectile: Flowers grow out of his hair and the user can use them as projectiles, the more petals he uses the less flowers on his head. The flowers regrow normally within 2 hours and excess use of the quirk can leave the user tired and dehydrated. The more water the user drinks the faster the flowers groe back and stronger the projectiles will be.