Actions

Work Header

Floor Model

Summary:

Alastair owns a sex toy shop and "employs" several slaves there - one of whom is Dean Winchester. Castiel wanders into the shop and Alastair demonstrates his new fucking machine on Dean. Castiel instantly falls in love with Dean.

Notes:

I decided that this story takes place in 2008 (i.e. the same time frame that Cas rescues Dean from hell in the tv series) and not the present day. Not sure if it'll really make that much difference to the story, but...yeah.

Chapter 1: The Demonstration

Chapter Text

When Castiel strolled into “Al’s Dungeon Sex Toy Emporium”, he wasn’t really sure what he was looking for. He hadn’t slept with anyone in some time. His last relationship had ended poorly, and the long hours he worked made it difficult to meet people.

    He wandered around the shop aimlessly, perusing dildos, handcuffs, and floggers.

    “Hello Sir, can I help you find anything?” The store manager asked him. HIs nametag read “Alastair, General Manager.” Castiel found him a little creepy.

    “Uh, no thanks, I’m just browsing.”

    “Can I interest you in one of our new fucking machines? They were just delivered yesterday. Best on the market, and reasonably priced too!”

    “Hm…” Castiel had never used a fucking machine, but he’d watched porn featuring the contraptions, and he found it intriguing. “Sure, why not.”

    The manager led him over to the floor model and gestured toward it with a flourish. “Here it is! Isn’t it beautiful?”

    Castiel had to admit it looked like good craftsmanship. Lots of shiny metal and soft black leather. “Yes, it looks like good quality.”

    “Would you like a demonstration?”

    “A demonstration?” Castiel repeated, perplexed. Who was he offering to demonstrate on?

    “Yes, I could demonstrate the machine for you one one of the shop’s slaves.” He gestured towards the far wall of the shop. There were four of them, wearing steel collars and not much else. Al walked over to the slaves. “Is there anyone in particular you fancy? How about this one, here?” He pointed to a young man chained to a St. Andrew’s cross. The man appeared to be in his mid-twenties. Tall and muscular, with freckles and dark blond hair. Castiel thought he was the most beautiful man he’d ever seen. Then, the man looked up at him, and Castiel knew he was the most beautiful man he’d ever seen. Big, green eyes perfectly framed by long, thick eyelashes. And those full, pouty lips…absolutely irresistible.

    “I, uh…yes, that’s fine,” Castiel said a little awkwardly. He didn’t really approve of slavery, and didn’t own any slaves even though he could easily have purchased some. He made a very good salary at Sandover Bridge & Iron.

    “Great!” Al said, and tossed Castiel a key. “Why don’t you unchain him while I get the machine set up?”

    “Um, all right,” Castiel said a bit nervously. He turned towards the young man, feeling oddly shy, and a little guilty. “Hello,” he said softly.

    “Hello, sir.” The man replied, his voice just over a whisper.

    “What’s your name?”

    The man’s eyes widened slightly, as if in surprise. “D-Dean, sir.” There was something pleading in his huge green eyes.   

    “Hello, Dean. I’m Castiel.” Cas stepped closer, and raised his hands to unchain Dean’s right hand. They were so close, he could feel the warmth radiating off Dean’s nearly naked body. As he removed the cuff, he noticed that the metal had cut into Dean’s wrist a bit. He felt a surge of protectiveness towards the beautiful young man. Unthinking, he brought the man’s wrist towards his lips and kissed it lightly. Dean gasped softly, so softly that only someone standing mere inches away could have heard him. Only Castiel.

    He gently let go of Dean’s hand and knelt down in front of him. “I’m, uh, going to unshackle your feet now.” Dean nodded silently. The position brought his face just inches from Dean’s groin. The only thing separating them was a pair of pink, lacy panties that left very little to the imagination. Castiel felt his cock twitch.

    He removed the cuffs on the man’s feet, noticing the bruising on his ankles from the metal shackles. Cas felt overwhelmed with a strange mix of guilt and arousal.

    He stood up and uncuffed Dean’s left hand. “Okay, I’m ready, bring him over,” Al called out. Cas gently placed his hand on the small of Dean’s back.

    Al walked back over to them and grabbed Dean by his collar. “Come on, slut.” He roughly dragged Dean over to the fucking machine.

    The machine was on a platform elevated a couple feet off the floor, and it had a stockade attached. “Get up there. On all fours,” He sharply ordered. Dean quickly obeyed, blushing slightly. Castiel was surprised that the young man could still blush, working in a place like this.

    “How long have you, uh, owned him?” He asked.

    “About four months. I had my work cut out for me, breaking him. He was very willful and disobedient at first. But I’m the best in the state at breaking in slaves. This one took longer than most, I’ll admit. But I broke him eventually. I always do. And now he’s an obedient little slut for me, aren’t you Dean-o?”

    “Yes, master,” Dean responded automatically. Al fastened the shackles around his wrists and ankles. He locked his collar to the stockade by a short chain. There was a padded leather chest rest on the machine. Al strapped him down to it to immobilize him further.

    He pulled Dean’s panties down just below his ass. Castiel could see that he was wearing a butt plug, the same shade of pink as his panties. He felt his cock twitch again.

    The manager removed the plug, none too gently. Dean winced but remained silent. Al injected some lube into Dean’s ass. Dean appeared impassive, apart from the slight flush on his cheeks.

    “Would you like to pick out a dildo? There are many options for attachments.” Al gestured to an array of dildos on a store shelf. Some of them were terrifyingly large. Castiel picked the second smallest one available.

    Al looked a little disappointed with his choice, but didn’t argue. “Would you like to put a cock ring on him? Or maybe we can cage that pretty cock of his?” Al smirked lasciviously. Dean tensed almost imperceptibly. 

    “Uh, no, that won't be necessary. I want to see a true test of this machine’s capabilities. I’d like to see how quickly it can make him come.”

    Al nodded. “Sure, that makes sense. I don’t like to let my slaves come too often. But, the customer is always right!” He attached the dildo to the fucking machine, and inserted it into Dean’s ass. Dean bit his lip.

    Fuck, those lips. Castiel thought. Al grabbed the remote control and turned the machine on. The dildo began thrusting in and out of Dean’s hole. Dean gasped softly.

    The store phone rang. Al tossed the remote control to Castiel. “I gotta answer this. Have fun.” He walked over to the other side of the store and picked up the phone. “Hello, Al’s Dungeon Sex Toy Emporium, Al speaking.”

    Castiel watched as the dildo pumped in and out of Dean’s ass. Dean’s cock began to harden. Castiel had to admit the horrible manager was right about one thing: Dean did have a pretty cock.

    Dean moaned softly as the machine fucked him. Cas bent down and cupped Dean’s jaw in his hand. “Okay sweetheart, feel free to be as loud as you want. And come whenever you’re ready.”

    “Th-thank you sir,” Dean gasped. His whimpers and moans of pleasure got louder as the dildo hit his prostate.  “Oh god, oh fuck…”

    Cas didn’t think he’d ever seen anything hotter than this man in the throes of pleasure. His cock was rock hard in his slacks. Cas ran his hand down Dean’s flank and squeezed his ass.

    “Oh fuck I’m coming…” Dean’s muscles flexed and he bucked against his restraints as his cock spurted its release. Cas shut the machine off after a few moments. Dean panted and trembled. HIs back was covered with a fine sheen of sweat.

    “Fuck, you’re gorgeous,” Castiel said softly.

    “Thank you sir,” Dean gasped. Castiel stroked his hair. Already, he felt like he was addicted to watching this man come. He didn’t want to leave this beautiful creature, especially not with the horrible man who ran the store.

    Dean looked up at him, and his eyes fixed on Cas’s erection. He licked his lips. “You’re hard,” he whispered. Castiel nodded. 

    “Can I suck your cock?” He asked softly. Castiel’s eyes widened. There was nothing he wanted more right now, but…at the same time, it seemed wrong. Did Dean actually want this, or did he just think he was supposed to offer? Maybe Alastair had ordered him to pleasure customers.

    “I…”

    “Please, sir, I want you to fuck my face.” HIs voice was soft and deep. Cas groaned and rubbed his cock through his pants.

    He wasn’t sure if he was disappointed or relieved when Alastair hung up the phone and walked over to them. “So, what do you think of the machine?”

    “It seems very…effective.”

    “Would you like to purchase one? I’ll even give you 10% off, and a free dildo!”

    “That’s, uh, very generous. But you see, there’s a problem. I don’t have anyone to use it on right now.”

    “Hm…”

    “Why don’t we kill two birds with one stone? I’ll buy the machine, and the slave too.”

    Al looked a little surprised. “He’s…not really for sale.”

    Castiel scoffed. “Everything is for sale, given the right price.”

    Alastair nodded thoughtfully. “Good point. $7500 for the boy and the machine.”

    Castiel tilted his head and pretended to consider the offer. He didn’t want to seem too eager.

    “And I’ll throw in a dildo AND a pair of handcuffs.”

    “All right. You have yourself a deal.” They shook hands, and Al went to print a contract off his computer.

    Dean looked up at him with a confused, yet hopeful expression. Cas stroked his hair and tried to smile encouragingly. He bent down and started unlocking the cuffs.

    Al walked over and handed him a contract for the sale of a slave. Cas looked it over, making sure the slimy man hadn’t tried to sneak anything into the contract.

    Al went over to Dean and shoved the plug back into his hole. Dean whimpered. “Shut up, slut.” He pulled the panties back over Dean’s ass.

    Castiel finished perusing the contract, concluding that it didn’t contain any surprises. He signed his name.

    The manager finished removing the restraints that bound Dean to the contraption. “Stand up. Hands behind your back.” He handcuffed Dean, then attached a leash to his collar. He took back the contract Castiel had signed, and printed off a copy for him.

    “Shall I have the machine shipped to your address?”

    “Yes, please do.”

    “All right. Thank you for your purchases. Enjoy!” He smiled lecherously.

    Castiel suppressed a shudder. He would be happy to get away from that creep. He took hold of the leash and led Dean out of the shop.

    After they exited the store, Castiel stopped for a moment. He took off his trench coat and placed it around Dean’s shoulders. Then, he kissed Dean on the cheek. “Don’t worry. I’m going to take good care of you. Good things do happen, I promise.”

 

Chapter 2: Home Sweet Home

Summary:

Castiel brings Dean home after purchasing him from Alastair.

Notes:

So I'm gonna try to make this into more of an actual story. It may be a while before there's smut...or maybe not, I'm a very indecisive person.

Chapter Text

Castiel led Dean to his car and opened the passenger side door chivalrously. “Ah…hold on a moment.” He retrieved the handcuff keys from his pocket and held them up. “I’m gonna take these off, okay?” Dean nodded, his eyes wide. Castiel pushed the trench coat aside and removed the handcuffs from Dean’s wrists. He stuck them in his pocket, then adjusted the trench coat around Dean’s shoulders.

    “Thank you, Master,” Dean said softly.

    “I, uh, you’re welcome,” Cas said a little awkwardly. He couldn’t deny that hearing the gorgeous young man call him “master” turned him on. He’d been called “master” before by sexual partners as a part of role play, but never by an…actual slave. He never planned on, or wanted to, own another human being. But he just couldn't bear to leave Dean with that awful man. “Um, please, get in.” Cas gestured to the passenger seat of his car.

    “Yes, master.” Dean got into the vehicle.

    Cas shut the door, then walked around to the driver’s side and got in his car. He turned the key in the ignition. “It’s about 45 minutes back to my house. Is there any kind of music you’d like to listen to on the way?”

    Dean stared at him in disbelief for a moment, as if he’d been asked if he’d prefer to vacation on Mars or the moon. “I…like classic rock…Master.”

    “Excellent, I enjoy it as well.” Castiel found a classic rock station on Spotify. “Gimme Shelter” started playing. Dean smiled slightly. Cas thought Dean’s smile was the most beautiful thing he’d ever seen.

    Castiel wasn’t sure what he should talk about, so they drove in silence. Dean didn’t seem to mind, and looked out the window at the passing scenery.

    “Ah, home sweet home,” Cas announced as they pulled up to his house. It was nice but not ostentatious. Large for one person but not a vast mansion. It was painted pale blue, with an attached garage, and a good sized yard.

    Castiel parked in the garage and walked around the car to open the door for Dean. Dean got out of the car and held out the leash that was attached to his collar. “Oh…I, uh, don’t think that’s really necessary. Let’s go inside.” He gestured for Dean to follow him and opened the door to the house. He heard Dean step inside behind him and close the door. Castiel set down his keys and wallet on a little wooden tray with a picture of a bumble bee and the words “bee kind!” printed on it.

    “So, I…” he turned around to find Dean kneeling just inside the door. He’d hung up the trench coat on one of the hooks, so he was only wearing the lacy pink panties. Castiel gulped.

    Dean looked up at him through his eyelashes. “Would you like me to suck your cock now, Master?”

    “I, um…” In truth, there was nothing in the world Castiel would have liked more. But it didn’t seem right. Dean probably didn’t even want this, was probably only offering because he thought he was supposed to.

    “Or would you prefer to fuck me?”

    “Dean, I…I think we should have a little chat.” He held his hand out to Dean and helped pull him to his feet. “Come with me, please.” He led Dean to the kitchen, and pulled out a chair for him at the kitchen table. “Please, have a seat.”

    “You want me to sit…in a chair?” Dean looked surprised.

    “Well, yes, isn’t that where people usually sit?”

    “People. Not slaves. Mas-Alastair said slaves don’t belong on furniture, unless they’re being fucked on it.”

    “Oh, uh, well, that’s not…please have a seat.”

    “Thank you, master.” Dean sat down in the chain, wincing a little. Castiel remembered he was still wearing the plug. He wasn’t sure if he should tell Dean he could remove it now, or leave that until after they’d talked. For a moment, he couldn’t help imagining removing the plug from Dean’s ass himself. Inserting his fingers into Dean’s hole, slowly bringing him to orgasm… no , he told himself. That’s not why you bought him.

    He poured a glass of water for each of them and sat down at the table. “Dean, I think I need to explain some things to you.”

    Dean’s eyes widened. “Have I displeased you, Master? I’m sorry, I…”

    “No, no, not at all. It’s just that, I didn’t buy you to be my sex slave.”

    Dean’s eyebrows knit together in confusion. “I don’t understand, Master. Am I not…pleasing to you?”

    “No Dean, that’s not it at all. You’re beautiful. But I’m…against slavery. Using you like that would be wrong. I only bought you because I couldn’t bear to leave you with that horrible man. First thing Monday morning, we’ll go to city hall and I’ll file the paperwork to free you.”

    Dean just stared at him for a moment, looking baffled. “You…spent thousands of dollars on me…just to free me right away?” He said, disbelievingly. 

    “I make a good salary. And besides, you’re worth it.” He tried to smile encouragingly at the young man. 

    Cas had expected Dean to be pleased with the news, but he just seemed scared and confused. He reached across the table and touched Dean’s hand lightly. “What’s wrong?” He asked gently.

    “Nothing…I’m very grateful…it’s just…I don’t know what I’ll do. After. For money. I never graduated high school, and some people don’t want to hire former slaves…”

    “Oh, Dean. You don’t need to worry about that. You can stay here as long as you need to. I can help you get your GED, job training, anything you need. I promise.”

    Dean looked shocked. “I…thank you, Master. I’m really not worth all that, though.” He ducked his head.

    Cas squeezed his hand. “Of course you are.” Dean bit his lip. “Oh, I almost forgot. Let me get this off.” He stepped up to Dean with the key to his collar, and gently removed the metal from around his neck.

    Dean touched his throat and looked up at Cas with wide eyes. “Thank you, Master,” he whispered.

    “Please, you don’t need to call me master. Call me ‘Castiel’, or ‘Cas’ if you prefer.”

    “All right…Cas.” Dean gave him a very small smile.

Chapter 3: Where's the Beef?

Summary:

Mostly fluff with some angst.
CW: mention of past abuse (Alastair.)

Chapter Text

Castiel wasn’t quite sure how to behave around Dean. He wanted him more than he’d wanted anyone in a very long time. But it would be wrong to fuck him when he couldn’t properly consent. Right? Just care for him until he gets on his feet , he scolded himself. The poor boy has probably been through hell.

    “Are you hungry, Dean?” He asked kindly.

    “Yes, mast-Castiel.”

    “Why don’t I make us some dinner? Do you like spaghetti? Or hamburgers?”

    “Yes. I…either is fine.” Dean looked down shyly. Castiel noticed that his expression had appeared slightly more excited when he mentioned burgers.

    “I’ll make us some burgers, then. Would you like to take a shower while I cook? Oh, I almost forgot, I should give you some clothes. I think we’re about the same size. Hold on a moment…” Cas went into his bedroom and grabbed a white t-shirt and a pair of navy blue sweatpants.

    “Here you go.” He handed the clothes to Dean. “The bathroom is down this hallway on the right…” he led Dean down the hall, “feel free to use whatever soaps and shampoos are in there.”

    “Thank you, s-Cas. Um…” he paused and looked down nervously.

    “What is it, Dean?” Cas asked gently.

    “Would it be alright if I…um…took out the plug?” After asking the question, Dean tensed, almost as if he expected to be hit.

    “Oh! Yes! Of course. Please do.” Castiel stammered while blushing. He’d almost forgotten.

    “Th-thank you.” Dean blushed.

    “Please Dean, I want you to know…you can ask me anything. I’ll never hurt you, I swear. I know you probably don’t have much reason to trust me but…I hope you will.”

    Dean smiled, just a little. “A-all right. I’ll…keep that in mind.” Dean disappeared into the bathroom and Cas returned to the kitchen.

    Castiel started pulling out ingredients to make cheeseburgers. He’d just bought some ground beef and ciabatta rolls the previous day. He formed the meat into patties and started cooking it while he set out ketchup, mustard, mayo, pickles, and cheese on the kitchen table. He wasn’t sure what kind of cheese Dean would prefer, so he just laid out all the sliced cheeses he had on hand (American, Cheddar, and Swiss.)

    He took some frozen tater tots out of the freezer and put them in the oven. They wouldn’t take long to heat up, and Cas figured tater tots were reasonably close to fries, which he didn’t have any of. Then, he started slicing up some tomatoes and onions.


    Dean luxuriated in the hot water as he washed himself with expensive smelling soap. It had been a long time since he’d had a nice hot shower. It wasn’t that Alastair didn’t allow his slaves to bathe - their main purpose was to be used sex objects, so he wanted them to look clean and attractive. But the showers were usually cold, and lasted no longer than the minimum time it took to wash off. Well…at least that’s what they were like if Alastair was pleased with you.

    The room was cold. Dean’s hands were chained to the ceiling. The tips of his toes barely touched the floor. Dean shivered. Alastair stepped towards him holding a hose. “Dirty whore. Let’s clean you off.” Alastair turned the blast of ice cold water on Dean’s naked body. He gritted his teeth and tried not to scream.

    Dean closed his eyes and pushed the memories down into the black pit inside himself where he held all his pain.

    He wondered if Castiel was really as kind as he seemed, or if it was some kind of trick. If he was manipulating Dean for some unknown reason. Dean wasn’t sure why Cas would need to manipulate Dean - he owned him. He could do pretty much whatever he wanted. Of course, some people were just sadists. Like Alastair. Castiel didn’t strike him as a sadist though. Dominant, possibly, but not sadistic.

    Dean wondered what it would be like to have Castiel tie him to a bed and fuck him into the mattress. He couldn’t deny the man was incredibly handsome. And, although Dean’s instincts told him not to trust anyone, he badly wanted to trust Cas.

    What would it be like, to be tied up because he wanted it ? Not because someone was forcing him? To have Cas pleasure him, whisper sweet nothings in his ear, call him a good boy . Dean’s cock started to harden.

    He reached for his dick, and then stopped. He hadn’t been given permission to touch himself. All his previous masters had forbidden him from masturbating without permission. Some had punished him quite harshly for doing so. He wasn’t sure if Cas would expect him to ask permission, or punish him if he failed to do so. But he didn’t really want to take the chance.

    Dean turned the water cold for a few moments, then turned it off and stepped out of the shower. He dried himself off and put on the clothes Cas had loaned him. Actual clothes! Not just panties.

    Dean exited the bathroom and was greeted with the smell of beef. His mouth watered in anticipation. It had been some time since he’d had a burger. Not since…before Alastair.

    When Alastair had been “breaking” Dean, he sometimes didn’t feed him for a day or two at a time. And when he did feed him, it was the most disgusting slop imaginable. Barely even edible. Dean grimaced, remembering forcing himself to choke down the nauseating gruel because he didn’t know when he’d eat again.

    He walked into the kitchen and saw burgers and a variety of toppings and condiments laid out on the table, along with tater tots. Cas smiled at him. “Have a seat, Dean.”

Chapter 4: Burgers & Backstory

Summary:

Castiel and Dean have dinner and Dean tells him about how to came to be Alastair's slave.

Notes:

As you can probably figure out from the chapter summary, this chapter is a little heavy.

Chapter Text

Dean hesitated almost imperceptibly before sitting down at the table across from Castiel. “Wow, this looks delicious, sir, I mean, Cas.”

    “Thank you, Dean. I hope it tastes as good as it looks. Would you like some cheese?” Cas gestured to the packages of sliced cheese on the table.

    “Yes, please. Um, cheddar, please.”

    “Of course, Dean.” Cas handed him the package of cheddar cheese, and placed a slice of Swiss cheese on his own burger.

    Dean took a big bite out of his cheeseburger. He couldn’t help moaning a little, it tasted so good. “Mm! This is the best burger I’ve had in…in a long time.”

    Castiel smiled, his eyes crinkling. “I’m glad you like it.”

    Dean doused his tater tots in ketchup, and shoveled some in his mouth. For a few minutes, they ate in silence.

    “So, I figured on Monday morning we’ll go downtown and file the paperwork to free you.”

    Dean smiled tentatively. “Sounds good.” He’d believe he was free when he saw it written in black and white. Dean had learned a long time ago not to hope for good things to happen. It inevitably led to disappointment.

    “Is there anything in particular you’d like to do tomorrow? We could go get you some clothes of your own. Or see a movie. Or just stay here and relax. Whatever you’d like.”

    “Maybe…we could go for a hike? Is there anywhere around here with trails?” Dean felt slightly surprised at his own request. He’d never been a very outdoorsy guy. But after years of being locked up inside much of the time…the idea of walking around outside, in nature, actually sounded appealing.

    “Yes, there are some lovely forest trails a few miles from here. That’s an excellent idea, Dean! It’s been too long since I went for a nice hike in the woods.”

    “Great.” Dean smiled shyly.

    Castiel poked at the last of his tater tots. “So I…hope this isn’t a rude question but…how long have you…” he trailed off awkwardly.

    “Been a slave?”

    “Yes. That.” Castiel blushed.

    “Must be about four years now.”

    “What…um, if you don’t mind my asking…what happened?”

    Dean found it bizarre that this man actually seemed worried about offending him. He was a slave. No one cared if they offended a slave. Weird guy , Dean thought.

    Some people were born into slavery. Some were sentenced to it as punishment for a crime, either for a specific number of years, or for life. And some sold themselves into slavery - medical debt was the most common reason. In most cases, it was for a certain period of time - a year, five years, ten.

    “So yeah, like I said, it was about four years ago. My old man, he was addicted to gambling. And he got real deep in debt with some people. The kind of people you don’t want to fuck around with. He couldn’t pay, and when he tried to skip town, they kidnapped Sammy - my little brother.”

    “Oh my god…”    

    “They told us that for every week dad didn’t pay up, they’d break one of Sam’s bones.”    

    “Shit.”

    “But my dad didn’t have the money. It would’ve taken him years, at the very least, to get it. So…he suggested I sell myself to them as a slave to clear up his debt. It was only supposed to be for 10 years. But when we made them the offer…they said they’d only take the deal if I was a slave for life. Better resale value.” Dean smiled bitterly. “Obviously, I didn’t want to, but what choice did I have? I couldn’t let them torture my brother for however many years it would take dad to pay them off. My dad promised me he’d buy my freedom back as soon as possible, but I knew it wasn’t gonna happen. Any extra money he got, he’d either drink away or gamble away.”

    “Oh, Dean.”

    “So the leader of their, uh ‘organization’ gave me to his son Michael, as a birthday present. Said I was ‘just his type, like I was made for him.’”

    “Michael really liked me…at first. And I tried my best to please him. They said if I tried to run away, or if I was disobedient, they’d come for my brother. So I tried to be good.”

    “So I was Michael’s fuck toy for about a year. He was…well, he wasn’t a sadist, at least. Bit of a control freak. But not a sadist. But then he got a new slave, Adam. And he started to lose interest in me.”

    “One night, one of his…’business associates’ was over at the house. Michael let him use me. At the end of the night, he asked if he could buy me, and Michael agreed. So…that was that.”

    “Over the next few years, I got sold from person to person a lot. It wasn’t always…sex stuff. Sometimes it was just manual labor. Before Alastair, I was at a factory. They worked us 12, 14 hours a day, 7 days a week. Beat us if they didn’t think we were working hard enough, or if we talked to each other, or looked at them funny, or just because they wanted to.”

    “I’m so sorry, Dean. That’s terrible.” Castiel tentatively reached across the table, and brushed his fingers against Dean’s. His hands were huge, but not clumsy looking. He had long, graceful fingers, like an artist or a musician. Dean liked his hands.

    “Yeah. So, after a while, I just couldn’t take it anymore. And I figured, the mob already had their money from when they sold me, so it wasn’t like anything I did was gonna come back on Sam or my dad. So I decided to run away. Didn’t get far. They dragged me back, beat the shit out of me. Chained me up in a cell in the basement and left me there for…I guess it was a couple days. It was hard to tell.” Dean bit his lip.

    Castiel squeezed his hand.

    “I didn’t know what they were gonna do to me. Sell me, leave me there to starve, maybe send me to one of those re-training facilities.” Dean shuddered. Castiel had heard a little of what went on at those facilities. It wasn’t pretty.

    “Anyway. Turned out one of the managers was friends with Alastair. Well…not sure if ‘friends’ is the right word. But they knew each other. And Alastair has a reputation for being able to break any slave, no matter how rebellious. So they sold me to him.” Dean looked over at Castiel nervously.

    Castiel’s eyes were impossibly big, and blue, and kind. He squeezed Dean’s hand again. “I’m so sorry, Dean. That’s…horrible. You’re very strong.”

    Dean scoffed at his last remark, then froze in fear, half expecting Cas to slap him for his disrespect.

    “You don’t believe me. That’s okay. I just wish…I wish I would have been able to save you sooner. You didn’t deserve that. Any of it.”

    Dean smiled sadly. “Thanks, Cas.”

    Castiel got up from the table and put their dishes by the sink. “Oh! I almost forgot. I have half an apple pie in the fridge. Would you like some?”

Chapter 5: The Tour

Summary:

Castiel gives Dean a tour of his house. Some backstory.

Notes:

Note: the second part of this chapter is a flackback to when Alastair buys Dean from the factory he tried to escape from. That portion gets pretty dark; I did put a page break in between so you can skip it if you want.

Chapter Text

    After they finished their pie, Castiel gave Dean a tour of the house. 

    “So, here’s the living room…bathroom…dining room. This is my office. I usually work from home two or three days a week.” The room contained a large desk with two big monitors, plus a laptop. There was an expensive looking leather chair. There were some bookshelves and file cabinets. There were also a multitude of potted plants sitting on the windowsills or hanging from the ceiling.

    Castiel led Dean down a set of stairs to the basement. For a second, Dean wondered if all his kind words had been just a ploy, and if he was actually going to lock him up in a basement cell.

    “Here’s the laundry room…exciting, I know…and over here is my home gym. Feel free to use any of the equipment, if you’d like.”

    Dean smiled. “Thanks, Cas.” He began to relax again. They walked up the stairs to the second floor of the house.

    “This is my bedroom…” Cas opened the door to show a large bedroom with a king sized bed. Dean could see another door leading to an en suite.

    “This is the guest bedroom…” The guest bedroom was smaller but hardly cramped, with a queen size bed, a dresser, a bookcase, and a large armchair.

    “This is my library…” Dean saw a room lined with bookcases. There was a loveseat at the window, plus two overstuffed leather armchairs. It looked…cozy. 

He was slightly surprised at Castiel having set aside a whole room for a library - he’d already noticed a lot of bookshelves in the living room, the dining room, and Cas’s bedroom, and even some in the guest bedroom and the kitchen (the latter mostly containing cookbooks.) Dean had liked to read…before. Although he’d never personally owned very many books at a time, since they moved around so much. Couldn’t exactly fit an entire library in a car. But he’d check out a book or two at the library when he had the opportunity. He’d particularly enjoyed Vonnegut.

Dean recalled he’d been halfway through the first Game of Thrones book when he was sold to Michael. Perhaps he could ask Castiel if he owned The Song of Ice and Fire series. He wanted to find out what happened to all the characters. He’d particularly liked Tyrion and Arya.

    They stopped in front of another room. “And this, um…” Castiel looked oddly nervous. “This is my…playroom.” He opened the door and Dean could see a Saint Andrew’s cross, a spanking bench, and an assortment of floggers, among other things. “But you needn’t concern yourself.”

    “Anyway, I’m sure you’re tired.” Castiel led Dean back in the direction of the guest bedroom. “Hold on, I’ll get you some clean pajamas.”

    A few moments later, Castiel returned and handed Dean a set of pajamas with hot dogs printed on them. “Thanks, Cas.”




    Dean rested his head against the cold concrete wall. He wrapped his arms around his naked torso and shivered. The chain that went from his collar to a bolt in the wall clanked as he shifted position.

    When they’d first locked him in the dark cell, he’d yelled and screamed and cursed at them. Then, later, he cried. Now, he was out of tears. He stared blankly into the darkness. He wasn’t sure how long it had been since he’d eaten. There had been two bottles of water in the cell when he was imprisoned. Now they were both empty. Dean wondered if they’d let him die of thirst. It only took a few days without water to die, or so he’d heard.

    Without warning, the lights switched on and the cell door opened. After so many hours in darkness, Dean was temporarily blinded. They put a bag over his head, then pushed him down on the floor and chained his hands and feet together. They unlocked his collar from the wall and dragged him…somewhere. He stumbled as he tried to walk and they hit him.

    Dean heard a door open and he was pushed into a different room. They took the shackles off, but before he could try to struggle or run, they’d cuffed his hands and feet wide apart and spread-eagled him. They took the bag off his head and left the room without a word.

    Dean blinked, his eyes getting used to the light. He was in another bare, concrete room. There were two metal poles that ran from the floor to the ceiling, and he was chained to them. He experimentally pulled against the cuffs, but he could barely move a muscle. He was completely helpless.

    He waited an indeterminate amount of time. Then, finally, the door opened. Four men entered. The factory manager, two guards, and another man Dean didn’t recognize but immediately disliked.

    “So, this is him,” the man said in a nasally voice. “He’s very pretty.” Dean glared at him.

    “You wanna buy him, then?” The factory manager asked.

    “Hm. Possibly. I need to examine him first.” The man put on a pair of latex gloves. Dean swallowed hard. He wondered what would be worse, being bought by this creepy guy, or…whatever they were planning to do to him if the guy didn’t buy him.

    The man started to poke and prod Dean. It made his skin crawl. He wanted nothing more than to pull away, but he was completely immobilized. There was nothing he could do but stand there and take it.

    Dean tried to keep his expression blank. He didn’t want to give this creep the satisfaction of knowing how much he was getting to Dean. He gritted his teeth and tried not to wince when the man pressed down on a cut or bruise.

    “So,” the man said in his nasally voice, “they tell me you’ve been naughty. Is that true?”

    “Fuck you,” Dean growled.

    “Hm. I think it’ll be the other way around. But we’re not there just yet.”

    “Go to hell.”

    The man laughed unpleasantly. “This one’s got spirit. I’ll take him.”

    “Glad to hear it, Al. I’ll have the papers drawn up,” the manager said. He turned and left the room.

    “Al” placed his briefcase on the floor and opened it. He held up a ball gag. “Open up,” he said to Dean. Dean just glared at him. He didn’t see any reason he shouldn’t be as difficult as possible.

    Al whispered something to one of the guards. The guard came up to Dean and punched him in the stomach, hard. He gasped in pain and Alastair forced the gag into his mouth and buckled it behind his head.

    Alastair grabbed something shiny and metallic from his briefcase - a cock cage. Dean tried to repress a shudder. Not long after he was first sold, Michael had discovered him jerking off without permission and had caged his cock for a week as punishment. Dean hadn’t made that mistake again. He loathed that thing.

    Alastair locked the cold metal device around Dean’s cock. Then, he went back to his briefcase and retrieved one more item - a large butt plug. Dean’s eyes widened slightly. Alastair stepped behind Dean and began to open him up, quickly and roughly, using only as much lube as was absolutely necessary. Dean couldn’t help whimpering in pain as the largest part of the plug breached his hole. Alastair snickered. 

    “Now, Dean…” he said in that awful nasally voice, “are you going to be obedient and come with me like a good boy?”

    Dean just growled at him. Alastair laughed. “Good. I admit, I would have been disappointed if you had.” Then, he plunged a needle into Dean’s neck and everything went dark.

Chapter 6: Sleep Tight

Summary:

Dean has trouble falling asleep. Cas helps him.

Chapter Text

Castiel had been unsure if he should show Dean his playroom - he didn’t want Dean to get the wrong idea, to think he was expecting anything of him. But he thought it might seem weird if he refused to tell Dean what was in that one room, or act like it was some big, dark secret. He didn’t want to give off Bluebeard vibes. He hoped he’d made the correct decision.

Castiel put on his favorite bumblebee pajamas and read for a few minutes before falling asleep.    

A little after 3AM, Castiel woke up needing to take a piss. As he was about to go back to bed, he heard some noise coming from the guest bedroom. He decided to check to make sure Dean was okay.

    The door to the guest room was ajar and some light was streaming out into the hallway. He saw Dean pacing back and forth inside the room.

    Castiel knocked lightly on the door. “Is everything all right, Dean?”

    Dean startled slightly. “Um, yeah. Just can’t sleep, is all.” Dean’s eyes were a bit red, as if he’d been crying earlier.

    “May I come in?”

    “Yeah, ‘course.” Dean seemed surprised he’d asked.

    “Do you need some help getting to sleep? I have chamomile tea…valerian root…melatonin…Benadryl. Or you could try a nice hot bath. I have some lovely lavender bubble bath. It’s very relaxing.”

    Dean shook his head miserably. “Pretty sure that stuff ain’t gonna work. I know why I can’t sleep.” He sighed.

    “You do? Is there anything I can do?”

    Dean looked at him nervously. “It’s just…well. For the last few years, I was always put in restraints at night. Chained to the bed, the wall, whatever. Guess I got so used to it I can’t sleep without it now.” He blushed, and looked ashamed.

    “Oh, Dean…”

    In a voice barely above a whisper, Dean mumbled, “I’m never gonna be free. They’ll always own me, no matter what the law says.”

    Castiel stepped closer to Dean and put a hand on Dean’s shoulder. “That’s not true, Dean. You just need some time to adjust. But, if you want…I can help you sleep tonight. Would you like that?” 

    Dean nodded. “Okay. I’ll be right back.” A few moments later, Castiel returned holding a pair of padded leather cuffs. “If you want…I can cuff you to the bed with these, for tonight. You don’t have to, of course. But…I thought I would offer. You deserve to get some rest.”

    Dean just looked at him for a moment, then nodded. “Yeah. Okay. Do it.”

    Castiel stepped towards him, then paused. “There is one thing, though.”
    “What?”

    “I need to stay in the room with you while you’re cuffed to the bed. I won’t leave you alone while you’re restrained, it isn’t safe. Is that all right?”

    “Oh,” Dean looked a little surprised. “Yeah. Yeah, that’s fine.”

    “Okay. Lie down on the bed, sweetheart.” Castiel stopped and blushed. “Dean. Sorry. Dean.”

    “It’s all right.” Dean smiled softly, then lay down on the bed and crawled under the covers. He lifted up his hands.

Castiel took Dean’s left hand, and gently buckled the leather cuff around it, not too tightly. Then, he looped the chain through the rails of the headboard, and fastened the other cuff around Dean’s right wrist. As he did so, he could actually feel Dean relax. Dean was so exquisitely beautiful. He longed to kiss Dean on the forehead, cheeks, eyelids, lips, everywhere. But he didn’t.

    “Is this all right, Dean? Are you comfortable?”

    “Yeah…yeah, it’s good, Cas.” Dean smiled at him shyly.

    “Good.” Castiel turned around and started to walk towards the armchair.

    “Wait…where are you going?” Dean asked nervously.

    “The…the armchair.” Castiel pointed.

    “Oh. Um. Wouldn’t you rather sleep in the bed? There’s plenty of room.”

    “I, er…are you comfortable with that?”

    “Yeah.”

    Castiel looked at him uncertainly for a moment, and then nodded. “Okay.” He lifted up the covers and crawled into the other side of the bed, being sure to leave some space between him and Dean. 

    “Goodnight, Dean.”

    “Night, Cas.”

   

Chapter 7: Welcome To Hell

Summary:

The majority of this chapter is a flashback to when Alastair first purchased Dean, so it's fairly dark. If you'd prefer to skip it, there's a page break between the end of the flashback and Dean waking up.

Notes:

CW: non-con in this chapter (not between Cas and Dean).

Chapter Text

When Dean woke, he found himself in a small room, hogtied. He was still wearing the gag, plug, and cock cage. He started twisting his wrists around, hoping he could free himself of the ropes. Then, maybe, when someone opened the door, he could knock them down and make a run for it. He knew it was a long shot, but he had to try. He could already tell that Alastair was far worse than any of his previous masters. A true sadist.

    For perhaps an hour he struggled against the ropes, without success. Then, the door opened. Alastair entered, followed by two large, burly men.

    “Good morning, Dean. I trust you slept well?”

    Dean just glared at him. Alastair nodded to the men, then turned around and exited the room. One of the men put a bag over his head. Then, they picked him up like he was a sack of potatoes and carried him out of the room.

    They dumped him on the floor in a different room and started to cut his bonds. He swung out wildly, hoping to get a lucky hit in and maybe knock one of them out, but all of a sudden he was immobilized by agonizing pain. Dean realized that the simple steel collar he’d worn in the factory had been replaced by an electric shock collar.

    They lifted him up and chained his hands to the ceiling, and his feet to the floor. Then they took the bag off his head. A pretty blonde woman was standing next to Alastair. Dean wondered if she was another of Alastair’s slaves, or if she was employed by him in some manner. Since she was fully clothed in normal, even fashionable attire, Dean guessed it was probably the latter. He wondered if she was going to help torture him. 

    Alastair turned to the young woman. “Ruby, why don’t you give our guest here a nice warm welcome?” She smirked and nodded.

    “I’d be glad to.”

    Ruby walked towards him and kneeled down. Dean’s eyes widened. She started to lick his cock through the cage. Dean groaned. He knew that the more his cock tried to harden, the more the cage would hurt. Then, the plug in his ass started to vibrate against his prostate. His eyes began to water from the intense mix of pain and unwanted pleasure.

    After a few minutes, he was begging (or trying to) through the gag. Alastair glanced at his watch. A few interminable minutes later, he looked at his watch again. Then, he pressed a button on a remote control and the plug stopped vibrating.

    “All right Ruby, that’s enough for now.” She ceased her attention to his cock and stood up.    Alastair walked over to Dean and removed his gag. “All right, Dean-o. I’m going to give you a choice. We can continue these activities for an unspecified amount of time…or I can whip you. Twenty lashes and we’ll be done…for today. What do you say?”

    Dean just stared at him for a moment. He didn’t know how much more of this he could take - but he wasn’t gonna ask this bastard to whip him. Hell no.

    “Screw you.”

    Alastair smiled and pressed a button on the remote. The plug started vibrating again.


    Castiel awoke to the sound of Dean crying softly. He rolled over and saw that Dean was still asleep. “Please, no. Please stop,” he whimpered.

    He placed a hand on Dean’s arm and shook gently. “Dean, wake up. You’re having a nightmare.”

    Dean’s eyes opened and he blinked sleepily. For a second, he looked confused. “Cas?”

    “Yes, Dean. I’m here. You’re safe.”

    “I was dreaming about Alastair,” Dean admitted.

    Castiel brushed the tears from his cheek. “I’m sorry. I wish I could have saved you sooner. I wish I would have punched him in the face when I had the chance.”

    Dean chuckled. Castiel thought it was the most beautiful sound he’d ever heard. “Would have liked to see that.”

    Castiel glanced at the clock. “It’s almost 7. Would you like to try to go back to sleep, or get up and have breakfast?”

    “Breakfast,” Dean answered without hesitation.

    Castiel moved to remove the cuffs from Dean’s wrists. As he did so, he carefully checked to make sure they hadn’t left any marks. He nodded to himself, satisfied that they hadn’t.

    Castiel stood up. “How does bacon and eggs sound?”

    “Awesome.”

Chapter 8: Scars

Summary:

Castiel and Dean have breakfast. Dean finds out a secret about Castiel's past.

Notes:

CW:Description of past abuse (April/Cas.)

Chapter Text

Dean had insisted on helping with the bacon and scrambled eggs. He liked cooking, and he hadn’t been able to do it in some time.

    “Would you like some toast, Dean?
    “Yes, please.”

    Dean piled two plates high with bacon and eggs. Castiel handed him a piece of toast and proceeded to cover his own slice in honey.

    “Do you have any jam?”

    “No, but I have jelly. I find jam unsettling. Would you prefer grape or strawberry?”

    “Strawberry, please.”

    For a few minutes, they ate in silence. Eating food that was actually good was somewhat of a novelty for Dean. He closed his eyes and tried not to moan in pleasure as he bit into the bacon. Okay, he might have moaned a little. This wasn’t just any bacon, it was thick cut bacon. The package even said it was organic. Dean had never had much interest in organic food, but this organic bacon was really freakin’ good. Maybe he’d have to reconsider his opinions on organic food.

    Hearing Dean’s moans, Castiel almost choked on a piece of toast. He blushed. That gorgeous man was going to be the death of him.

    As they finished up their food, Castiel said, “I thought we could go hiking on the Wildwood Trail today. How does that sound?”

    “Sounds good, Cas.” Dean was a little thrown off by being asked his opinion on things. It had been a long time since anyone cared to ask him what he wanted. People just told him what they wanted him to do. And if he didn’t do it, they beat him.

    “I have a spare pair of hiking boots you can borrow. Would you like to pick out some clothes to wear today?”

    “Um…sure. Thanks, Cas.”

    Castiel led him up to his bedroom. He pulled a stack of t-shirts out of a dresser, and pulled a few pairs of jeans out of another drawer. Dean started rifling through the clothes. Castiel opened another drawer and started digging through the contents.

    “Ah! I knew I had a new package of boxer briefs in here.” He tossed the package at Dean, who caught it deftly. “These should tide you over until we can get you some clothes of your own.”

    “Thanks, Castiel.” Dean selected a dark green t-shirt and a pair of soft, faded jeans. He stripped off his pajamas and quickly put on the boxer briefs, jeans and t-shirt.

    Castiel blushed bright red and forced himself to look away. This young man was far too tempting. All he wanted to do was run his hands over every inch of that soft, creamy freckled skin. Kiss those plump, pouty lips.

    “I’m going to take a shower real quick before we leave.” Castiel made a beeline for the bathroom.

    He locked the door behind him and turned on the shower. Almost immediately, he started stroking his cock. He knew he wouldn’t be able to  think of anything else until he had some release.

    Castiel closed his eyes and remembered how sexy Dean had looked strapped down while the machine fucked into him. His little gasps and moans of pleasure. The way he bit his plump lower lip. The way he bucked against his restraints when he came.

    Cas wondered what it would be like to kiss those pouty lips. Or feel them wrapped around his cock. Both options seemed equally enticing.

    Castiel wondered, if he fucked Dean, would his moans sound the same as when he’d been fucked by the machine? He badly wanted to find out.

    He pictured Dean lying on his bed, moaning wantonly, as Cas fucked him slowly. As he stroked his own cock, he imagined he was stroking Dean’s cock as he fucked him. Castiel came  hard all over the shower wall.
    He quickly washed himself and rinsed his cum off of the shower wall. Cas got out of the shower and dried himself with a towel. He then realized that he hadn’t brought any clothes into the bathroom with him and, as far as he knew, Dean was still in his bedroom. Cas wrapped a towel around his waist and nervously exited the bathroom.

    Dean was facing away from him, he appeared to be perusing the contents of Cas’s bookshelves. When he heard Cas enter the room, he jumped slightly and whirled around, looking vaguely guilty.

    Cas smiled at him. “Feel free to borrow any of my books if you’d like, Dean.”

    “Thanks, Cas. Actually, I was wonderin’ if you had the Song of Ice and Fire books?”
    “I do! If I remember correctly, they’re on one of the bookshelves in the living room. You know, I started reading the first book, but then work got really busy and I had to put it down.”

    Dean nodded. He looked at Castiel and his eyes drifted down to his chest. Dean frowned and stepped a little closer. “Dude, what happened??”    

    Castiel knew it had been too much to hope that Dean wouldn’t notice the scar in the shape of an “A” on his chest.

    “Well…”

    “Shit, I’m sorry. It’s none of my business.”

    “No, it’s all right.” Castiel took a deep breath. “A little over a year ago I was dating a woman named April. She was interested in BDSM but new to it, so we’d been taking it slow in that area. We’d been dating for a few months when we did a scene where she tied me to a chair. She knew perfectly well that blood was one of my hard limits but…” Castiel paused and bit his lip. “I don’t know what possessed her. She pulled out a knife and said she was going to carve her name into my chest. I safeworded of course, but she didn’t stop. I don’t know what would have happened if Gadreel hadn’t shown up.”

    “Gadreel?”

    “One of my cousins. It was the 12th, and we were supposed to have lunch on the 21st, but he got the dates mixed up and showed up to my house on the 12th.”

    “Wow.”

    “Anyway, when April heard him knocking, she stopped and ran out the back door.”

    “Holy shit, I’m sorry Cas.”

    Castiel smiled sadly. “I just don’t understand how I could have misjudged her so badly. She seemed like a perfectly normal person…not just normal, she was very kind and caring. She was always giving food and money to homeless people even though she didn’t make a lot of money herself. I just…keep trying to think of what red flags I might have missed, but I can’t find any.”

    Dean stepped closer to Cas and squeezed his hand. “You know it wasn’t your fault, right?”

    Castiel sighed. “I know. It’s just…hard to trust anyone, now.”

Chapter 9

Summary:

Dean and Cas get ready to go for a hike.

Chapter Text

Dean startled slightly when he heard Castiel step out of the bathroom. He knew Cas wouldn’t, but some of his former masters would have beaten him just for looking at what books they had on their shelves. He asked Cas about the Song of Ice and Fire books.

    Castiel was only wearing a towel wrapped around his waist. Damn. Dean already knew the guy was ridiculously handsome, but now he could also see that Cas was in very good shape. His arms were especially drool worthy. His skin was smooth and tan and Dean couldn’t resist letting his gaze wander down Cas’s nicely muscled chest. And then…he noticed something else. A scar in the shape of an ‘A.’

As Castiel told him what had happened, Dean felt overwhelmed with rage and disbelief. He didn’t understand how anyone could want to hurt someone as good and kind as Castiel. 

Cas looked so vulnerable standing there in just a towel, his big blue eyes impossibly sad. Before Dean could think it through, he wrapped his arms around Cas and pulled him into a hug. For a moment he thought he might have overstepped, but then Castiel practically melted into his embrace. He buried his face in Dean’s neck and Dean couldn’t resist the impulse to stroke his damp hair. Cas sniffled a little.

“I’m sorry, Dean. I shouldn’t be dumping all of this on you. I’m sure you’ve been through far worse…”

“It ain’t a contest, Cas. An’ besides, I asked.”

Cas looked up at Dean with a shaky smile. Fuck, his lips looked so kissable.

“I, uh, suppose I should get dressed. Would you like to go downstairs and look for Game of Thrones ?”

“Sure thing, Cas.”


A few minutes later, Castiel came downstairs to find Dean looking through the books in his living room.

“You sure have a lotta books on bees, Cas.”

“Yes, I find bees fascinating. I’ve often thought I would like to have an apiary after I retire. Maybe learn to make mead.”

“Mead?”

“It’s a fermented beverage made with honey.”

“Ooh.”

“I’m going to make us some sandwiches to have for lunch later, is turkey okay?”

“Yeah, sounds good Cas.”

About twenty minutes later, they were almost ready to leave. Cas had packed the sandwiches, as well as some apples and granola bars, a couple bottles of Gatorade, and water.

“Okay Dean, I think we’re ready to leave.”

“Er…aren’t you forgetting something?” Dean said nervously.

“What do you mean?
    “My collar. It’s illegal for me to be off your property without it.” 

“Oh! Goodness, I’m sorry Dean, I forgot.” Castiel went to retrieve the collar, feeling guilty that he had the luxury of being able to forget. It wasn’t that he he didn’t know it was against the law for a slave to be off their master’s property without a collar - it was common knowledge. But since he’d never intended to own a slave, he’d filed it under “information that isn’t relevant to me personally.” Until it was.

Castiel frowned as he inspected the heavy steel collar. It had to be horribly uncomfortable to wear, especially for long periods of time.

“Dean…do you have to wear this collar specifically, or will any collar satisfy the law?”

“Yeah, it can be any collar, as long as my tags are on it.”

“Okay. Hold on a moment.” Castiel disappeared upstairs and returned a few minutes later, holding a brown leather collar with a gold buckle and D-ring. “I…think this will be more comfortable. If that’s alright with you?”

“Yeah, Cas. That looks a lot more comfortable. Thanks.” He smiled shyly.

Castiel stepped up close to Dean and gently fastened the collar around his neck. He made sure it was loose enough that it wouldn’t restrict Dean’s breathing at all. Was it his imagination, or did Dean’s breath hitch a little when he buckled the collar?

“Is that okay, Dean? Not too tight?”

“Yeah, it’s good.” Dean sounded a little out of breath, even though the collar wasn’t tight, and his cheeks were slightly flushed.

“Good.” Castiel couldn’t deny that Dean looked extremely sexy in the collar. He just wished it were under different circumstances - that it was because Dean wanted it, and not because the law required it.

“All right. Shall we hit the road?”

“Hell yeah.”

Chapter 10: Al Fresco

Summary:

Dean and Cas go for a hike. Dean remembers some of the things Alastair did to him.

Notes:

Fluff and angst.

Chapter Text

    The drive to Wildwood Trail was uneventful. Cas parked the car and they took their backpacks with snacks and drinks. The weather was perfect, partly cloudy and in the low 70s.

    “I don’t think we’ll do the whole trail today, it’s pretty long. How about we walk a couple miles and then see how we feel?”

    “Sounds good, Cas.” Dean closed his eyes and breathed in the fresh air, feeling the sunshine on his face. It had been a long time since he’d been out in nature. It was something he’d never really thought about…before. But after years of being locked up most of the time, he relished it.

    They walked for about half an hour, then sat down on a bench and had some snacks and Gatorade.

    “Are you having a good time, Dean?”

    “Yeah, Cas. This is great. Didn’t realize how much I’d miss the outdoors until…well. You know.”

    Castiel nodded sympathetically.

    They walked for about another hour, then stopped by the creek for lunch.

    “So your, um, owners…they really never let you go outside?” Cas asks tentatively.

    “Well, not often. Michael let me go outside with him once in a while. Most of ‘em kept me locked up most of the time, whether in was in a factory or some kind of sex dungeon. There was this one time with Alastair, he…” Dean pauses.

    “It’s okay. You don’t have to talk about it if you don’t want to,” Cas says reassuringly.

    “Thanks, Cas.” Dean tried not to think about it, but the memories came rushing back anyway.

    They were loaded into a van, shackled and blindfolded. Alastair hadn’t told them much, all he’d said was “good news, we’re going to a party!” And then smiled unpleasantly.

    They pulled up in front of a big, old-looking house in the country.  When their blindfolds were removed, Dean saw that the whole property was surrounded by a 10 foot stone wall topped with razor wire.

    The brief hope of escape Dean had entertained was extinguished when he saw the walls and the armed guards scattered around the perimeter.  It wasn’t technically legal to shoot a slave just for trying to esacape, but it still happened and rarely garnered more than a slap on the wrist.

    They were led to the back yard, which had bondage furniture scattered throughout. Dean saw some slaves cuffed to Saint Andrews crosses and other contraptions.

    Alastair wasted no time getting Dean strapped down to a spanking bench. He slapped Dean’s face lightly. “Open up, slut.” He forced a ring gag into Dean’s mouth and buckled it behind his head. Then, he quickly opened Dean’s hole up enough to insert a plug into his ass. 

    “Good to see you, Asmodeus! Yes, let’s get some drinks.” Alastair wandered off with the other man.

    Dean closed his eyes and tried to pretend he was anywhere else. It didn’t really work. The warm night air caressed his skin. In another context, it might have been pleasurable.

    More and more people filtered into the party. It wasn’t long before a British man came up to him. “Well, aren’t you pretty.” He inserted two fingers into Dean’s mouth, then after a minute, replaced them with his cock.

    Most of the people who used Dean that night were men. But, there had been two women - he heard them call each other “Lily” and “Abby” - who took turns fucking him with huge strap-ons. Lily had…

    “Dean, are you all right?” Castiel touched his arm lightly. Dean realized he’d been staring into space while he…remembered.

    “Oh. Yeah. Sorry, Cas.”

    “Nothing to be sorry for, I just want to make sure you’re okay.” Castiel’s big blue eyes were concerned.

    “I’m…fine. But…maybe we can head back to your place? I’m a little tired.”

    “Of course, Dean.” Castiel packed up their things, and they headed back to the car.

   
    When they got back to Castiel’s house, there was a FedEx envelope in the mailbox. After they got inside, Castiel opened it. He frowned slightly as he read the documents within.

    “Everything okay?” Dean asked, when he saw Cas frowning.

    “Oh. Yes. Er…you said the first person who…owned you…was named Michael, yes?”
    “Yeah…”

    “He wasn’t named Michael Edlund by any chance, was he?”

    Dean’s eyes widened. “Yeah, he was. Why?”

    “He just sent me a request to purchase you.” When Dean paled, Castiel quickly added, “but obviously I’m not going to agree to it. As I said, we’re going to city hall tomorrow and I’ll file the paperwork to free you.”

    “How much is he offering to pay you?” Dean asked.

    “It is not of import.”

    “Cas. How much?

    “Ten thousand dollars.”

    Dean gulped. “That’s more than you paid for me.”

    “Yes, it is. But that’s irrelevant. Even if I needed the money, I wouldn’t sell you. Not to him, not to anyone. And I don’t. Need the money, that is.”

    Dean relaxed slightly, but still looked nervous. Castiel stepped up to him, and gently brushed his fingers across Dean’s cheek. “I promise.”



Chapter 11: Meet the New Boss

Summary:

Beginning (and majority of) the chapter is a flashback to right after Michael "acquired" Dean.

Chapter Text

After the transaction was complete, a large man in a nondescript suit led Dean down a hallway. They stopped in front of a door and the man punched some numbers into a keypad. The door opened.

    Dean was ushered into a spacious apartment with minimalist, yet expensive looking decor. Everything was either black, white, gray, or shiny chrome.

    “Michael would like for you to shower, and when you’re done, kneel in the center of the room. Naked.” The man pointed to a cushion in the middle of the floor. “The bathroom is over there.” He pointed.

    “Um. Yes, sir.” To say that Dean was scared would have been an understatement, but since his brother would be in danger if he didn’t behave, he resolved to do whatever this Michael guy wanted.

    The man turned to leave, and then paused. “Micheal is strict, but he’s not unreasonable. As long as you do as he says, he’ll treat you well enough.”

    Dean nodded and the man left, locking the door behind him. Dean wasted no time getting into the shower. He didn’t want to give them any excuse to hurt Sammy. He washed himself quickly but thoroughly, then dried himself off with one of the fluffy white towels. He folded his clothes and left them on a shelf in the bathroom.

    Filled with trepidation, Dean went and kneeled on the cushion in the middle of the room. He wasn’t sure if there was some special way he was supposed to kneel. The man hadn’t said. Dean placed his hands on his thighs and tried to breathe steadily.  He wondered how long he’d have to wait for Michael. He wasn’t exactly looking forward to meeting him, but he knew that the longer he had to wait, the more nervous he’d become.

    It was probably only five minutes later when he heard the door open, although it felt like much longer. The man walked up to him where he knelt on the floor.

    “Hello, boy.”

    “Hello…master.”

    The man circled him slowly. “Stand up, please. Hands behind your head.”

    Dean obeyed as gracefully as possible. The man continued to circle him, looking his body up and down. “Very pretty. My father was right, you are just my type.”

    Dean was surprised to discover the man was actually pretty good looking, and fairly young. Maybe late 20s. He wasn’t sure if that made this whole thing better or worse.

    Michael ran his hands over Dean’s body. It took all of Dean’s self control not to pull away. He squeezed Dean’s ass firmly. Dean had never felt more like a piece of meat than he did now. Michael walked back around in front of Dean and trailed his hands down Dean’s chest, pausing to pinch his nipples. Dean bit back a gasp. His nipples had always been sensitive.

    Michaels hands stroked over Dean’s ribs and down to his groin. He took Dean’s cock in one hand and his balls in the other, and squeezed gently. It reminded Dean of someone at the grocery store checking to see if fruit was ripe. He blushed.

    “Have you ever sucked cock before, Dean?” Michael asked casually.

    “Y-yes, master.” Dean blushed harder. There were times when his father left for weeks at a time and didn’t leave them enough money, so Dean had learned to…do what he had to. To feed himself, and Sammy.

    “Excellent.” His hand drifted over to Dean’s ass, a finger pressed lightly on his hole, but didn’t penetrate him. “And have you been fucked before?”

    “No, master.” Dean wouldn’t have thought it was possible for him to blush harder, but he did.

    “Very good.” Michael removed his hand from Dean’s ass. “I almost forgot, your collar. You can lower your hands now.” Michael revealed a white suede collar with a silver buckle and D-ring. He fastened it around Dean’s neck, then attached a silver chain. “Follow me, slave.”

***

    Dean was awakened by Castiel’s alarm clock beeping. He groaned. Castiel rolled over. “Good morning, Dean.” He gently removed the cuffs from Dean’s wrists. Dean had asked Cas to cuff him to the bed again the previous night. He wondered if he’d ever be able to fall asleep without restraints on again.

    “I’ll make us some breakfast. Would you like bacon and eggs?”

    “Actually…” Dean bit his lip. “I think I’m too nervous to eat right now.”

    Cas squeezed his shoulder. “That’s all right. We can eat after. But will you at least drink some juice for me? I don’t want you to get dehydrated.”

    “Sure, Cas.” Dean smiled shyly. There was something about the way Cas said “for me” that made him feel all warm inside.

    They went downstairs and Castiel poured them both a glass of orange juice. He quickly toasted a slice of bread for himself and spread a little honey on it.

    “Cas?”

    “Yes Dean?”

    “I’d like to look for my brother, Sam, but I’m not really sure where to start. We always moved around a lot, so it’s not like there’s an address I can go to.”

    “Well, we can start by checking social media and if that doesn't work, we can try other methods. Why don’t we work on that after we get back from the courthouse?”

    “Sounds good, Cas.”

 

Chapter 12: To the Courthouse

Summary:

Castiel takes Dean to the courthouse to set him free.

Chapter Text

Just before they left for the courthouse, Castiel put the collar on Dean again, since it was legally required for a little longer. He was sure he hadn’t imagined the way Dean’s pupils dilated and his breath hitched when Castiel fastened it around his neck.

    Castiel squeezed Dean’s hand. “Okay! Let’s go free you.” Dean smiled nervously.

    The drive to the courthouse took about twenty minutes. Dean’s stomach was in knots the whole time. He was certain something terrible was going to happen. Maybe they’d get in a car crash. Maybe…

    Castiel pulled his car into a public parking garage and found a space on the third level. He took Dean’s hand and they walked to the courthouse.

    They entered the building and glanced around. There was a sign saying that “Slave Emancipation Records” was on the second floor. They took the stairs and easily found the correct office. There was a woman sitting behind a large desk and a couple more people in cubicles, typing away and occasionally speaking in low voices.

    “Hello, how can I help you?” The woman at the desk inquired.

    “Hello. I’d like to free my slave.” Castiel blushed a little as he said it. It somehow didn’t seem right to call Dean “his slave”, even though that was technically what he was, at the moment.

“Of course, sir. Do you have your ownership paperwork?”

“Yes, ma’am.” Castiel handed over the papers. The woman behind the desk - her name tag read “Hannah”  - took the papers and ran them through a scanner.

“Thank you. I’ll just need to scan his tags real quick.” She gestured to the tags on Dean’s collar.

“Certainly.” Dean leaned over the counter slightly to give her better access, and she held up a handheld scanner that beeped a couple times.

Hannah typed some information into the computer. “Okay, I see that you just purchased this slave on Saturday, is that correct?”

“Yes, ma’am. Is that a problem?” Castiel frowned slightly. Dean’s stomach churned. This was it. This was when she would tell them that there was some obscure law that wouldn’t allow Castiel to free him or maybe…

“No, it isn’t a problem. But it might add a day or two to the processing time.”

“Processing time?”

“Yes. It takes some time for us to process the paperwork to emancipate a slave. Normally 7 to 10 business days.”

Castiel furrowed his brow. “So…I’m not sure I understand. Is he automatically free after 7 to 10 business days? Or will we need to do something else?”

“You haven’t freed a slave before, I take it?”

“No. I’ve never owned a slave before. And I don’t intend to ever again. It’s a disgusting practice.” Castiel glowered. The clerk seemed slightly taken aback.

“Ah. Yes. Well. Be that as it may…when the paperwork has been processed, you’ll get a notification in the mail. You’ll come back down to the courthouse -”

“We have to come back here again?” Castiel snapped.

“Yes, I’m afraid so. It shouldn’t take very long. You just have to sign a couple more things. And obviously, we’ll remove his chip.”

“Chip?”

“Yes, sir. All slaves have an RFID chip for tracking purposes. It’s been required for the past ten years.”

Dean lifted up the sleeve of his t-shirt and pointed to his left shoulder. There was a small red “x” tattooed on it, and Castiel could see a very slight bump underneath the skin there.

“Oh. I see.” Castiel felt a surge of protectiveness. He had an overwhelming desire to keep anyone from hurting this sweet boy ever again. He fantasized about punching Michael, Alastair, Dean’s father…

    “Cas? You okay?” Dean asked, looking slightly concerned.

    “Yes, Dean. I’m sorry.” He turned towards the clerk. “If you don’t need anything more from us today, we’ll be going.”

    “No sir, that’s everything we need for now. Have a nice day.”

    Castiel nodded curtly to the clerk and they headed back to the car. Cas sighed. “I’m sorry, Dean. I didn’t realize it would take so long to free you. I thought I’d just sign a couple forms and it would be done.”

    “It’s okay, Cas. Honestly, I expected something a lot worse to happen. I can deal with waiting a week or two.”

“Okay.” Castiel had the overwhelming desire to hug Dean, to wrap him up in his arms and protect him from everything forever. Of course he couldn’t, but… “Dean? Would it be okay if I hugged you?”

    Dean smiled shyly. “Yeah, Cas. Of course.” They wrapped their arms around each other and Dean felt safer than he’d ever felt in his life. For a moment, he let himself just bury his face in Cas’s neck and breathe in his scent. Cas smelled so good, eved better than apple pie. Long before he wanted to, he forced himself to let go.

    They got back in the car. “If you’re feeling up to it, Dean, maybe we could stop for breakfast on the way back? There’s a great little diner on the way home.”

    “Yeah, I’d like that, Cas.” Dean smiled, and the knot in his stomach began to loosen a little.

Chapter 13: Better than Apple Pie

Summary:

Chapter starts out with a flashback to shortly after Dean is sold to Michael. The second half of the chapter is Cas & Dean eating in a diner.

Chapter Text

A guard shackled Dean’s hands and feet, and connected the handcuffs to the leg cuffs with a longer chain. Michael attached a leash to his collar. “Come on, Dean.”

    He was led to a garage and manhandled into a sleek black limousine. Michael followed, along with two armed guards and of course, the driver. It felt bizarrely incongruous to be sitting in a limousine in chains and a collar.

    After about half an hour, they pulled up in front of a nondescript government building. First, they brought Dean to a government office where they officially filed his paperwork making him Michael’s slave.

    Then, they led him down a hallway to a medical exam room. There was nothing particularly special about it, it looked like every other doctor’s office’s exam room. The only difference being a metal ring on the wall that they chained him to while he waited for the doctor. Legally, anyone becoming enslaved had to undergo a basic medical exam so that there would be a record of any medical conditions they had available to anyone who might buy them in the future.

    After a few minutes, the nurse arrived, followed by an armed guard. “Take off his chains,” the petite nurse ordered the guard. “I can’t do the exam with him shackled like that.”

    “Yes, ma’am.” The guard gave Dean a suspicious look. “You’re not going to give us any trouble, are you?”

    “No, sir.”

    The guard quickly removed his chains. “Okay, take off your clothes and then hop up on the table,” the nurse requested. She had dark brown hair and her nametag read “Meg.”

    Dean obeyed, blushing slightly. She took his blood pressure, listened to his heart, looked in his mouth and ears. Drew a little blood to test for diseases. All pretty normal stuff.

    “All right. Get off the table and get on the scale so I can weigh you.” Dean obeyed and she wrote his height and weight down on a chart.

    “Okay, now bend over the table.” She pulled on a pair of latex gloves. Dean gulped. 

    “Er…what are you going to…do?”

    “Examine your prostate, obviously. Come on, we don’t have all day.”

    Dean bent over the exam table nervously and Meg wasted no time inserting a lubed finger into his asshole. He squeezed his eyes shut and bit his lip. Her finger pressed against his prostate and pleasure shot through him. She felt around inside him for a few more seconds, then removed her finger. “Stay,” she ordered. 

    A moment later Dean felt something cold and metallic being inserted into his hole. “Hold still.” He heard a click and then it started vibrating against his prostate. He gasped at the onslaught of pleasure. His knuckles went white as he gripped the edges of the table. Dean’s cock quickly started to harden. He bit back a moan.

    After a few interminable moments of humiliating pleasure, Meg pulled out the vibrator. Dean panted. “You’re hard. Good. I need to measure your penis now. Turn around.”


    Castiel pulled into the diner’s small parking lot. “We’re here, Dean!” He announced. Dean had spaced out a little as he stared out of the window and…remembered.

    “Oh! Right.”

    Cas parked the car and they walked into the restaurant.

    A waitress greeted them. “Table for two?”

    “Yes, please.”

    The waitress directed them to a booth. “Will your slave be eating as well, sir?” She asked Castiel.

    He frowned. “What? Yes, of course.” Did people actually bring their slaves to restaurants and then not let them eat?

    “Very good.” She handed them a couple of menus. “I’ll be back in a moment to take your drink orders.”

    Castiel looked over the menu, then glanced up at Dean. “Do people really do that?” He whispered.

    “Huh? Do what?”

    “I mean, do people bring their slaves with them to restaurants and not feed them?”

    “Oh. Yeah, sure. I think some people like bringing their slaves with them to show off that they can afford slaves. But they don’t always want to waste money buying them food. Course, there’s other people who like to have their slaves kneel by the table and hand feed them.”

    Castiel nodded. He had occasionally seen people do that. He had to admit the thought of Dean kneeling next to him while he fed him bits of fruit or chocolate was…enticing. But not here, in public. In his house. He stopped the train of thought before it could…affect him too much. He looked down at the menu. “What would you like to eat, Dean? Feel free to order whatever you want.”

    Dean scanned the menu. His eyes widened. “They have a bacon lover meal ! Six strips of thick cut bacon! Oh, I gotta get that.”

    Cas chuckled softly. “Excellent.” He ordered a Dutch apple pancake for himself.

    When their food arrived, Dean looked at Cas’s meal curiously. “That…almost looks like apple pie.”

    Castiel smiled. “Would you like to try a bite?”

    Dean nodded and Castiel cut off a piece and put it on his plate. Dean’s moan as he bit into the pancake made Cas’s cock twitch. “Fuck, Cas, this is really good.”

    “I’m glad you like it.” Cas smiled, willing his cock to behave. He studiously concentrated on eating his meal and tried to ignore the moans Dean made as he bit into the thick cut bacon. This diner had really delicious food…almost as delicious as Dean.

Chapter 14: Special Delivery

Summary:

Dean and Cas try to track down Sam. They receive an unexpected visitor.

Notes:

CW: brief mention of past abuse.
CW: panic attack

Chapter Text

After they returned to Castiel’s house, he started to look for Sam on the internet. Without much success. The young man didn’t seem to be on social media. He did find one mention of Sam Winchester from years ago - an article in a small town’s local paper mentioned he’d won a spelling bee. But nothing since then.

    Dean looked more and more distressed as Castiel tried and failed to find any evidence of his brother online.

    “What if he’s dead??”

    “I’m sure he’s not dead, Dean. He probably just doesn’t use social media. Don’t worry, we’ll find him. I’ll hire a private investigator if that’s what it takes.”

    “Okay…” Dean started to relax a little, then tensed up again. “Wait! What if he’s not on social media because he’s enslaved?! What if dad ran up more gambling debts and talked Sammy into selling himself into slavery to pay them off?”

    “Well, there’s an easy way to find out if that’s the case.”

    “There is?” Dean frowned.

    “Yes. There is a public database online of every enslaved person in the country. Their name, who owns them, previous owners, and some other basic information.”

    “Oh.” Dean relaxed slightly.

    “I’ll do a search right now.” Castiel googled the website address, then typed “Samuel Winchester” into the search bar.

    Dean nearly had a heart attack when the query returned one result…but he quickly saw that this was a different Sam Winchester. For one thing, the guy was 57 years old. When Cas clicked into the profile, there was also a picture, clearly not of his brother. He relaxed a little, but he was still worried.

    “Cas?”

    “Yes, Dean?”

    “Can…can you look me up? In that database? I just...wanna see what it says.”

    “Of course, if you like.” Castiel typed “Dean Winchester” into the search bar.

    Dean saw his name come up, alongside a picture of himself from a few years ago. He recognized it as having been taken not long before Michael sold him.

    It listed his birthdate, height and weight, and a list of everyone who’d owned him. He could see that Castiel’s name had already been added to the list of his masters. Reading the list of everyone who’d owned him over the past 4 years made him think of all the things those people had done to him. The rapes, the beatings…he closed his eyes.

    Cas touched his hand lightly. “If it’s any comfort, this entry won’t be on the website for much longer.”

    Dean gave Cas a shaky smile. He startled slightly when the doorbell rang. Castiel squeezed his hand quickly. “I’ll go see who it is.”

    Castiel opened the door to a UPS guy delivering a large box. “Can you sign for the delivery, sir?”

    “Of course.” Castiel scribbled his name on the form. “Thank you.”

    “Have a nice day, sir.”

    Cas brought the package inside, his muscles bulging slightly as he moved the heavy box. It was the fucking machine he’d bought from Alastair.

    Dean looked at the box, instantly knowing what had to be inside. He met Castiel’s eyes and they both blushed, remembering.

    “Can you, uh, help me bring this up to the playroom? It’s rather heavy.”

    “Sure thing, Cas.” Continuing to blush, Dean picked up one end of the box and Cas picked up the other end, and they maneuvered the large object up the stairs and into Castiel’s playroom.

    They set it down on the floor and Dean looked around the room for the second time. He felt a wave of desire flood through him. He wanted Cas to strap him down to the fucking machine again, to make him come. If he was honest with himself, he wanted Cas to do a lot of things to him.

    His reverie was broken by the sound of the doorbell ringing again. Cas frowned slightly in surprise, then shrugged and headed back downstairs. Dean followed him.

    Castiel opened the door. “Hello, can I help you?” There were two burly men in nondescript suits standing on the porch.

    “Hello, Mr. Novak. How are you today?”

    “I’m well. Is there something I can do for you?” Cas narrowed his eyes slightly in suspicion.

    “Did you receive the offer in the mail from Mr. Shurley?”

    When Dean realized who the men were, all the color drained out of his face. Hide…he needed to hide…somewhere. Oh god. They’re gonna take me. They’re gonna kill Cas and then they’re gonna take me. Dean tried to warn Cas, to do something, anything, but he was frozen in place with fear.

    “I did. Do you work for him?”

    “We do. Have you had time to consider the offer?”

    “There’s nothing to consider. I won’t be selling him. Have a nice day.” Cas said firmly.

    “We’re prepared to offer you up to $15,000.”

    “As I said, I’m not selling him. Good day.” Castiel closed and locked the front door. The men standing on the porch looked at each other for a second, then turned and left. They got into a black Mercedes and drove off.

    Castiel turned around to find Dean crouching in a corner in the fetal position, gasping for breath. “Dean! Are you all right?” He rushed over to him. “No, I’m sorry, of course you’re not alright.”

    “I thought - I thought-” Dean was hyperventilating.

    “You thought I was going to sell you to them?”

    Dean shook his head, shaking. Cas touched his shoulder gently. “It’s okay, Dean. Just breathe. In for a count of four, hold for four, exhale for four. Can you do that for me, sweetheart?” Cas didn’t even notice the endearment slipped out.

    Dean nodded and took a deep breath in and held it. Gradually, his breathing evened out and he stopped shaking so hard. “I…I didn’t think you were gonna sell me. I thought they were gonna kill you, Cas. Kill you and then kidnap me.”

    “Oh .” Castiel’s eyes widened. That thought hadn’t actually occurred to him. His life hadn’t often brought him into contact with people who thought murder was a good way to solve disagreements.

    “What if they come back? What if they come back tonight and break in? Take me, maybe kill you?”

    Cas tilted his head in thought. “Tell me about Michael, Dean. Is he an impulsive person? Reasonable? Unreasonable? Sane? Insane?”

    “He’s…he’s not a great guy but he ain’t batshit crazy or anything. He isn’t impulsive, that’s for sure. He likes to plan things out ahead of time. Likes to be in control.”

    “Hm. Well, considering that he mailed me a written request to purchase you, it seems that if you were kidnapped and I was murdered, he’d be a prime suspect. If he is like you say, I doubt he’d do anything so rash. But you’re right to be concerned.” 

Castiel thought for another moment. “I’m friends with a couple of police officers, Jody and Donna. I’ll let them know what’s going on, perhaps they can be of assistance. And I can get some security cameras for the house. Would that make you feel any safer?”

    “Yeah…” Dean nodded tentatively. He trusted Cas, but he didn’t trust the police. They were often tasked with capturing escaped slaves, after all. But if Cas thought these women were trustworthy…maybe it would be okay.

    “How about this: I’ll call Jody, tell her what’s going on. We’ll go buy some security cameras and set them up. And then we can stay in a hotel tonight. If they do come back tonight, we won’t be here, and we’ll have it on video.”

    “Yeah…okay, Cas. Yeah, that makes sense.”

    “Good. I’ll make some calls.”


    After Castiel had talked to Jody and Donna on the phone, they headed over to the Home Depot to buy security cameras for the house. Jody had agreed that it was a good idea to spend the night in a hotel, just to be on the safe side. They also arranged to have an officer drive by the house a few times during the night, to see if anyone was lurking around or trying to break in.

    Cas parked the car and they walked into the store. A salesman greeted them instantly. “Hi, welcome to Home Depot! Can I help you find anything?”

    “Ah, yes,” Castiel said. “I’m looking to buy a few security cameras for my house.”

    “Excellent idea. It’s important to keep your home and family safe. Follow me!”   

    Castiel looked over the selection of security cameras, trying to decide which ones were the best. Dean stood next to him silently.

    “Can I interest you in anything else while you’re here, sir?”
    “Anything else? Like what?” Castiel cocked his head at the man.

    “Well, we have an excellent selection of steel slave collars. Very high quality, very secure. And we also sell steel cages in case you…”

    “No, we won’t be needing anything like that,” Castiel said coldly. “Just the cameras, please.”   

    “Of course, sir. May I recommend these ones? They have the highest customer ratings.”

    “Yes, that will be fine.” Castiel ended up purchasing four cameras. One for the front door, one for the back door, one for next to the garage door, and one for inside the garage in case someone tried to break into the house via the attached garage.


    As Castiel drove back home, Dean asked him in a small voice, “Cas? What…what happens to me if you die?”

    “Dean! I’m not dying anytime soon.”

    “But…but what if something happens? Before they finalize the emancipation? What would happen to me then? Legally, I mean? Assuming Michael doesn’t, you know, kidnap me or anything.”

    “I’m…not entirely certain. I’ll look up what the laws are when we get home.”


    Cas parked in front of the house. Before they entered, he looked in the windows, trying to see if anything had been disturbed or if anyone had been inside. But everything appeared safe.

    Before settling in front of his computer in his home office, he did a quick sweep of the house, making sure no one was hiding anywhere. He didn’t find anything.

    After a few minutes of googling, Castiel found the laws on what happens to a slave in the event of their master’s death. If nothing is specified in the will, they go to the next of kin. If there is no next of kin, or the person refuses to take ownership of the slave, they become government property and are sold at public auction.

    Castiel frowned. He didn’t like the sound of that. But what if the emancipation process has already been started?

    It took another ten minutes of searching before he could find the laws relating to if the emancipation process had been started, but not completed, when the slave owner died. It wasn’t a terribly common occurrence for someone to die in the week or two between when they filed the papers and when they finalized the emancipation. But there were a few cases.

    Castiel was relieved to see that in most cases, the slave was still freed. But there were a couple of cases where a distant relative had successfully argued in court that they should inherit the slave. None of them in his state, but still, it was concerning.

    “Okay, Dean. Here’s what we’re going to do. We’re going to install these cameras. Then we’re going to pack a couple of bags and head out to a hotel. Tomorrow, I’ll go see my lawyer downtown and have it put in my will that you’re to be freed in the event of my death. How does that sound?”

    “That…sounds good, Cas.”

   

Chapter 15: Michael

Summary:

Dean & Cas spend the night in a hotel to hide from Michael.

Notes:

The majority of this chapter is flashbacks to Dean's time with Michael.
CW: non-con

Chapter Text

They set down their bags inside the hotel room. Castiel pulled a baseball bag out of his bag. “Don’t worry, Dean, I’m not going to let anything happen to you. Jody and Donna are parked across the street, and they have an officer driving past my house once per hour. We’ll be okay.”

    Dean nodded shakily. He trusted Cas, but he was still nervous.  Michael had a powerful mob family behind him.

    “Why don’t you try to get some sleep?”

    “I don’t think I’m gonna be able to sleep, Cas.” Dean shook his head.

    “Understandable. Maybe just lie down and try to rest?” He patted the bed next to him. Dean lay down on the bed, still fully dressed, and Cas squeezed his hand.

    Dean squeezed back. In spite of everything, the feeling of Cas’ fingers intertwined with his soothed him. After some time, he drifted off to sleep.


    Michael waited until the results of Dean’s STI tests had come back clear before he fucked him. He didn’t like using condoms.

    Dean found a letter taped to the door of his bedroom when he awoke. It was short and to the point. “I’m going to fuck you when I get home tonight. Prepare yourself using the items you’ll find in the bathroom. I want you prepped and kneeling by the door at 5PM. Do not wear any clothing.”

    The day passed both too quickly and too slowly. Dean made sure to prepare himself according to Michael’s directions.

    Dean kneeled in front of the door, naked. He tried to breathe slowly to keep himself from panicking. The clock on the wall read 4:55. At 5:02PM, Michael strolled in.

    “It appears you’ve followed my orders. Good. Go to the bedroom and get on the bed. I want you on all fours.”

    “Yes, Master.” Dean walked to the bedroom, his heart pounding, and climbed on the bed. He waited on his hands and knees. After a few minutes, Michael entered the room. Without saying anything, he climbed on the bed behind Dean. He circled Dean’s hole with a fingertip, then grabbed the end of the butt plug Dean was wearing and slowly pulled it out. Dean bit his lip and remained silent.

    “I’m pleased to see you prepared yourself as instructed. It would have been unfortunate if I’d had to punish you. I’m going to fuck you now.” Michael added some more lube to Dean’s hole. Dean could hear him slicking up his own cock, then felt the head of Michael’s cock press against him. He took a deep breath, hoping it wouldn’t hurt too much.

    “Relax, Dean. I’m not going to harm you. I don’t break my toys.” Dean forced himself to relax his muscles and Michael slowly slid inside him. So far, it didn’t hurt too badly. Michael gave him a few moments to adjust to having a cock in his ass, which was more than Dean had expected. Then, he started to move.

    “I want you to keep still, Dean. If you don’t, I’ll have to punish you. Do you understand?”

    Dean gritted his teeth. “Yes, Master.”


    Dean woke up with a start. Castiel turned to him. “It’s all right, Dean. It was just a loud motorcycle going past the motel. Nothing to worry about.” Dean nodded groggily. Within a few minutes, he fell back to sleep.


    Dean was kneeling in front of the door again, naked, as he’d been ordered to do. He’d been told to be in place by 5 o’clock, but it was almost 5:30 now and Michael still hadn’t showed. HIs muscles were beginning to protest. He rolled his shoulders and forced himself to maintain position.

    A couple of minutes later, he heard Michael’s key turn in the lock. Dean kept his eyes fixed on the floor, his hands clasped behind his back.

    “Well, I’m glad to see you aren’t completely incapable of following orders.”

    “M-master?”

    “I have cameras in the apartment, Dean. I saw you masturbating earlier today. You know you aren’t allowed to touch yourself without my permission. Which you did not have.”

    Dean’s eyes widened. He’d completely forgotten about that rule, it wasn’t exactly normal to have to ask someone for permission to jerk off. He gulped. He hoped his punishment wouldn’t be too severe. “I’m sorry, Master.”

    “You will be. Stand up, keep your hands behind your back.”

    “Yes, Master.” Dean struggled to his feet, his legs had gotten pretty stiff from kneeling for so long.

    Michael held out a black leather box. He opened it. “Do you know what this is, boy?”

    “N-no, Master.”

    “It’s a cock cage. You’re going to wear it for the next week. I think that will be enough to help you remember you’re not allowed to touch yourself without permission. Don’t you?”

    Dean stared at him. He’d expected to be beaten, but this was…something else. He did not want that crazy contraption anywhere near his junk. Especially for a freakin' week.

    “Well, Dean? Or do you think you’ll need more than a week to learn your lesson?”

    “I…no, Master. I’m sorry. A week will be enough.”

    “I’m glad to hear it.” Michael quickly fastened the metal device around Dean’s dick. He clenched his teeth.


    When Dean woke up, it was morning. “Okay, thank you. Bye.” Cas said into his phone.

    “Who was that?” Dean asked groggily.

    “It was Donna. She was just letting me know they didn’t find anyone trying to break into my house last night, and they didn’t see anyone suspicious around the hotel either.”

    “Oh. Uh. Good.” Dean rubbed his eyes and tried to forget his dreams.

    “She wanted to know if you’d be comfortable going down to the station to answer some questions about Michael later today. They want to have a better idea of who they’re dealing with.”

    The idea of a police station made Dean more than a little nervous, but he supposed it was worth it if it would help keep him and Cas safe. Especially Cas. “Uh, yeah, sure. Would you, uh…be there too?”

    “Of course, Dean. I’ll be with you the whole time.” He squeezed Dean’s shoulder.

   

Chapter 16: Not a Ninja Turtle

Summary:

Cas and Dean pay a visit to Castiel's lawyer, and run into someone they didn't expect.

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

Dean and Castiel were sitting in the waiting room of the law office, waiting for Castiel’s appointment with his lawyer to update his will. At 11 AM on the dot, the receptionist ushered them into the attorney’s office. A brass plaque on the desk read “Donatello Redfield, Esq.”

    “Hello, Mr. Redfield.” Castiel shook the lawyer’s hand. He had white hair and a beard, and wore wire-framed glasses.

    “It’s good to see you, Mr. Novak. You said you needed to update your will?”

    “Yes, that’s right. You see, I bought Dean in order to free him, but it takes a little while for the paperwork to go through. I just want to make sure he’ll still be freed in the event that anything…happens to me.” He glanced at Dean and squeezed his hand.

    “Of course, Mr. Novak. Have a seat. It shouldn’t take too long for me to make the necessary updates.”

    Castiel took a seat in one of the dark brown leather chairs in front of the lawyer’s desk. Dean kneeled on the carpet next to him. Cas glanced down at him. “Er, can sit in a chair if you like, Dean…”

    The attorney looked up from his computer. “Oh, yes, please do take a seat,” he said distractedly, and went back to typing. 

    Dean nervously got up from the floor and sat down in the chair next to Castiel. Castiel smiled at him encouragingly.

    Mr. Redfield continued typing for a few minutes, then printed the document and handed it to Castiel. “I think this should do it. Why don’t you look it over and make sure everything is correct.”

    Castiel took a few minutes to read over the updated will, and then nodded at Donatello. “This looks good, thank you.”

    “Excellent. I’ll just call the notary in to be a witness when you sign it.” He picked up the phone on his desk. “Hello, Kevin? Can you come to my office? I need you to witness the signing of a will. Thank you.” He hung up the phone.

    A few moments later, there was a knock on the door. “Come in,” Donatello said. A young Asian man stepped into the room. 

    “Good morning, Mr. Redfield.”

    “Good morning, Kevin. This is Castiel Novak and Dean Winchester. Castiel is updating his will and we just need you to witness him signing the document.”

    “Of course, sir.” He turned to Castiel and Dean. “It’s nice to meet you.”

    “You as well,” Castiel said. He showed Kevin his ID and the will.

    Kevin looked them over and nodded. “Thank you.”

    Castiel put his signature on the document, then handed it to Kevin, who signed and stamped it. “All set!”

    “Great. Thank you both very much.” Castiel said.

    “Of course, Castiel. Enjoy the rest of your day,” the lawyer responded. Kevin excused himself politely.

    Castiel turned to Dean. “Would you like to stop by a diner for something to eat?”

    “Yeah, that sounds good, Cas.”

    They started to walk out of the office, and as they turned the corner, someone rounded the corner at the same time from the opposite direction and ran headfirst into Dean. Someone freakishly tall.

    “...Sam??”

“Dean?!”

Notes:

Kevin is a little older here than he was in the TV show, like early 20s.

Chapter 17: Family Reunion

Summary:

First part of the chapter is a flashback to when Dean was enslaved by Michael. Second part his him and Cas catching up with Sam.

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

Dean had belonged to Michael for a little over a year. In some ways, it was worse than he’d feared, in other ways, not quite as bad. He’d expected Michael to beat him often, but that hadn’t happened. When Michael wasn’t around, he was more or less free to amuse himself as he liked (with one exception) as long as he stayed in the apartment. His meals were cooked by Michael’s freaking personal chef. They weren’t always the kind of food he would have preferred, but at least he wasn’t being starved or fed gruel.

    Still…he was a slave. He couldn’t go where he wanted or do what he wanted. He couldn’t see friends. And he couldn’t say “no” to being fucked however and whenever Michael wanted.

    A few weeks ago, Michael had acquired a new slave, Adam. Michael seemed besotted with the young man. He doted on him. In a way, it was a relief for Dean, because Michael hadn’t wanted to fuck him nearly as often. But it also worried him a little. If Michael was losing interest in Dean, did that mean he would sell him? As much as Dean didn’t like being Michael’s slave, he knew things could be a lot worse.

    That evening, Michael had ordered Dean and Adam to prep themselves and be kneeling in front of the door at 7PM, in nothing but their boxer briefs. Dean shifted position slightly as he knelt on the floor, and felt the butt plug shift inside him. He bit his lip. Michael had said he was bringing company . That made Dean nervous.

    At 7 o’clock on the dot, Michael walked in the front door, followed by another man. “Come on in, Raphael. Make yourself at home.”

    “Thank you, Michael. Nice place you have here.”

    “I’m glad you like it. These are my slaves, Dean and Adam.” He gestured to the kneeling men.

    “Hello, boys,” Raphael said, a slight mocking tone in his voice. “Your slaves are very pretty,” he said to Michael.

    “Aren’t they? You’re the guest, so I’ll let you pick which one you want to use tonight.”

    “Your hospitality is unparalleled. Hm…” Raphael’s eyes darted between the slaves, calculating. “I”ll take the one with the cock-sucking lips.”

    “Good choice. He does have nice lips, doesn’t he?” Michael said. Raphael nodded, smirking lasciviously. 

    Michael clipped leashes onto their collars. He handed Dean’s leash to Raphael. “To the bedroom,” he ordered.





    They were sitting at a booth in the diner, waiting for their food. Although, Dean wasn’t sure he’d be able to eat it when it came. He was overjoyed to see his brother again…but he also felt nervous and a little awkward. He knew, deep down, that Sam would never judge him for the things that had been done to him, or the things he’d had to do. But…he still didn’t really want to tell Sam about everything that had happened to him. He played with the straw wrapper nervously.

    “We, um…looked for you. Online. But we couldn’t find any trace of you ‘cept an old newspaper article about that spelling bee you won back in 8th grade.” Dean bit his lip. “Was…afraid somethin’ had happened to you.”

    “Oh, shit. I didn’t even think of that.” Sam buried his head in his hands.

    “Think of what?”

    “Didn’t think that you might be looking for me, instead of the other way around. After I found out what dad talked you into doing, I was so angry, so ashamed…I didn’t want to be associated with that son-of-a-bitch. Didn’t even want his name. So I changed my last name to “Wesson” right before I started university.”

    “Oh.”

    “I’m so sorry, Dean. I can’t imagine what you’ve been through. And if I hadn’t let them kidnap me…”

    “Dude, you were seventeen! And it was dad’s fault, anyway. His stupid gambling debts. None of this is on you, Sammy.”
    “Yeah…I guess. But I still feel guilty.” Sam took a sip of his orange juice. “I was going to buy your freedom, you know. Well, that was my plan. I was going to become a bigshot lawyer. Figured if I could land a good paying job out of law school, it wouldn’t be too long before I could save up enough money to buy your freedom. That’s why I’m interning at Mr. Redfield’s law firm. Was hoping to get a job there after I pass the bar exam.”

    “Well, you don’t have to worry about that now. In a week or two at most, Dean will be free.” Castiel smiled and Dean and he smiled back shyly. 

    “I can’t thank you enough, Mr. Novak. I’ve been so worried about Dean all the time, but there just wasn’t anything I could do without money.”

    Castiel nodded sympathetically.

    “So, how did you guys, uh, meet?” Sam asked.

    Dean gulped, he was sure he was blushing bright red. He really didn’t want to tell Sam about the fucking machine. 

    “I met Dean when I was doing some shopping. He was enslaved by the store owner who…didn’t seem like a good man, to put it politely. And I just…well, I just couldn’t leave him there. So I convinced the store owner to sell him to me. I…never approved of slavery, but, I’m ashamed to say, I’ve haven’t really done very much to try to put a stop to it either.” Castiel bit his lip and looked down at his coffee.

    “Well, you saved Dean. That’s more than most people would have done.”

    Finally, the waitress arrived with their food. Looking at the plate of bacon and pancakes in front of him, Dean decided that maybe he was hungry after all.

   

Notes:

Note: in this story, Dean and Adam are not related. Neither are Michael and Raphael.

Chapter 18

Summary:

Contains a flashback to when Michael decided to sell Dean to Raphael.

Notes:

CW: non-con.

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

After making Dean suck his dick for a little while, Raphael fucked him. He wasted little time pulling out the plug and rolling on a condom quickly before he shoved his cock in Dean’s ass. As he fucked Dean with sharp thrusts, his eyes wandered over to Michael and Adam. Michael was fucking Adam gently, almost…it was almost like he was making love to him. Dean closed his eyes and waited for it to be over.

    After, Raphael and Michael sat on the couch, sipping whiskey and talking casually. Michael held Adam on his lap, playing with his hair. Dean knelt on the floor, his hands behind his back, one hand grasping the opposite wrist.

    “So,” Raphael said, “I must say, Dean here is quite a good lay. And his mouth is absolutely divine . I don’t suppose you’d consider selling him, would you? After all, you do have a new toy now…”

    Dean gulped. As much as he didn’t like Michael, Raphael seemed even worse. He clearly had more of a sadistic streak. He dug his fingernails into his wrist.

    “Hm. Possibly. Let’s go talk in private.” He gently deposited Adam on the sofa and then turned to Dean. “Stay.”

    “Yes, Master.” Dean said quietly. His stomach rolled. Michael quickly retrieved a pair of handcuffs and shackles that he put on Dean before locking his leash to a ring in the wall. Raphael and Michael retired to Michael’s home office and closed the door.

***

    Later that day, Dean and Castiel went down to the police station to talk to the sheriff, Jody Mills.

    “It’s good to see you again, Castiel.” She shook his hand.

    “You as well, Jody. This is Dean Winchester.”

    “It’s nice to meet you, Dean.” She put out her hand and after a half second pause, Dean shook it. He was out of the habit of shaking hands with people. Most people didn’t shake hands with slaves. A handshake was supposed to be between equals. Slaves were supposed to kneel.

    Jody ushered them into her office. “Have a seat, gentlemen.”

    Dean glanced at Cas who nodded at him slightly. He sat down in one of the chairs. Cas sat next to him.

    “All right, let’s get down to business. Castiel tells me that your former owner, Michael Shurley, tried to buy you back and that you’re worried he might try to kidnap you, or even harm Castiel. Is that correct?”

    “Yeah, that about sums it up.”

    “Well, I can’t blame you for being concerned. Chuck Shurley’s criminal organization has kidnapped more than a few people. We’ve been trying to take them down for many years now, but he’s smart. Covers his tracks. We’ve never been able to get enough solid evidence to arrest him, or any of the higher-ups in the organization.”

    “We’re aware that Michael is involved in his father’s criminal activities, but we’ve never been able to find any information on what exactly he does for the organization. He wouldn’t have happened to mention anything about that to you, would he?”

    “Nah. He never talked to me about that stuff. Didn’t talk to me much at all really, ‘cept to give me orders.”

    Jody nodded. “I understand. So, I’m going to assign an officer to-” the phone on her desk rang. “I’m sorry, I need to get this.”

    She picked up the phone. “They did? Really? They are? Okay, thank you for letting me know.” She hung the phone up, looking slightly surprised.

    “The officers I had watching your house found Michael, along with another man, Adam Milligan, on your porch.”

    “Oh my,” Castiel said. “Did they arrest them?”

    “No. We don’t have a warrant and ringing someone’s doorbell isn’t technically a crime. But, surprisingly, they agreed to come down to the station anyway. They should be here in 10 or 15 minutes.”

    Dean bit his lip.

***

    After about half an hour, Michael and Raphael came out of Michael’s office, and shook hands. Dean doubted that was a good sign for him. His stomach clenched.

    They walked up to him, where he knelt on the floor, chained to the wall. Michael didn’t mince his words. “Dean, I’ve decided to sell you to my friend Raphael. He owns you now. Do you understand?”

    There was a small part of Dean that wanted to beg Michael not to sell him. Raphael seemed like a considerably worse person that Michael. But he knew it wouldn’t do any good, and he did have some pride left. “Yes sir,” he said softly.

    “Alright, let’s go,” Raphael said, unlocking his leash from the ring on the wall.

    Dean got to his feet shakily. “Um, master? Can I…put some clothes on first?” Raphael had pulled his boxer briefs back up after he finished fucking him, but apart from that, Dean wasn’t wearing a stitch of clothing.

    Raphael looked at him coldly for a second, his eyes reminding Dean of a shark. Then, without warning, he backhanded Dean. “What do you need clothing for, boy? It’s warm out. Let’s go.”

***

    Dean watched nervously through the office window as Michael and Adam walked into the police station, escorted by an officer. He frowned. There was something off about them. Something was wrong. After a moment, he realized what it was…Adam wasn’t wearing a collar.

    He saw Sheriff Mills speak to them, but he couldn’t really hear what they were saying. She glanced towards him and frowned. Said something else to Michael, then turned and walked back to her office.

    Jody closed the door to her office, frowning slightly. “Mr. Shurley says he wants to speak to you Dean.”

    Dean gulped. “Alone?” He whispered nervously.

    “Oh, no, it doesn’t have to be alone. Castiel and I will be there, and I’ll get a couple other officers to watch and make sure he doesn’t try anything funny. He says he didn’t mean you any harm, but, well. You don’t have to speak with him, of course. It’s up to you.”

    Dean bit his lip. “Might as well hear what he has to say, I guess.” He looked over to Castiel.

    Cas squeezed his hand. “I’ll be there the whole time. Don’t worry, we won’t let anything happen to you.”

    Dean nodded, and took a deep breath. “Okay. Let’s do this.”

Notes:

Note: In this story, Adam is about the same age as Sam, and he isn't related to Sam and Dean.

Chapter 19

Summary:

Dean and Cas have a talk with Michael and Adam.

Chapter Text

Castiel and Dean sat across the table from Michael and Adam in one of the police station’s interrogation rooms. Jody and another police officer stood near the door.

Michael spoke first. “I am so sorry, Dean.”

Dean just gaped at him. The last thing he’d expected from Michael was an apology.

“I didn’t realize you thought I meant to harm you or Mr. Novak - but in retrospect, I can see why you would feel that way.”

“But then…what…why…”

“I wanted to buy you back so I could free you, Dean.”

What? ” Dean and Castiel both blurted out at the same time.

“Why didn’t you just say that?” Castiel asked.

For the first time since they’d sat down, Adam spoke up. “Maybe you should start from the beginning, Michael.” So he did.

“I’m sure you noticed how taken I was with Adam. And as the months passed, I realized I was in love with him. And I wanted him to be happy, and free, so I had him emancipated. But then, a miracle happened. He loved me back. Even after everything I’d done, even though I didn’t deserve it. He loved me unconditionally, and he only asked me for one thing. To stop. To stop owning human beings. So I freed every slave in my possession.” Adam smiled at MIchael and squeezed his hand.

“But I knew that just freeing the slaves I owned wasn’t enough. There were several slaves I’d previously owned that I’d since sold. And I knew I needed to free them too, if it was at all possible. The first one I tried to free was Anna. I simply sent a letter to her owner explaining that I wished to buy her back so I could free her, and offered a large sum of money. But he believed that slaves should stay slaves, and so he refused my offer.”

“I did eventually manage to convince him to sell her back to me, but it was very difficult and took many months. When I next tried to buy back a slave, I just offered the owner a large sum of money and didn’t explain why I wanted to buy them back. And that worked well. As long as I offered enough money, people were happy to sell and didn’t ask questions. Until I got to you.”

“Well, I’ve already filed the paperwork to free him, so you don’t need to worry about that,” Castiel said coldly.

Michael nodded. “Thank you,” he said. “Dean, I know I can never make it up to you, but I am truly sorry for everything I put you through.”

“I…okay.” Dean said numbly. He was so shocked he wasn’t sure how to feel. After being afraid for such a long time, the idea that maybe he didn’t have to be afraid anymore was overwhelming.

MIchael and Adam took their leave, and Dean glimpsed a blonde police woman speaking to them before the door closed.

Castiel turned to Jody. “Do you think he’s telling the truth?”

“Well, everything he said checks out as far as I can tell.” She held up a laptop. “Over the last couple years he’s freed every slave he owned, plus bought back several he’d previously sold and then freed them too.”

“Hm. But…he still works for his father’s criminal organization.”

“As far as I know, but like I said, we’ve never been able to get anything really solid on him.”

  Castiel nodded. “Then…I suppose we’re done here.”

Jody nodded. “I’d still like to arrest that bastard, or, better yet, his father. But we just don’t have enough evidence to get a warrant. At any rate, it doesn’t appear that Michael intends either of you any harm.”

“Well, that’s certainly a relief.” Castiel said. He touched Dean lightly on the shoulder. “Would you like to go home now?”

Dean just nodded. His mind was still reeling from the unexpected information. Holding hands with Cas, they walked back to the car.

 

Chapter 20: Alastair

Summary:

Dean has a nightmare about Alastair's efforts to break him.

Notes:

CW: flashback of Alastair torturing and abusing Dean

Chapter Text

Dean was locked in a steel cage in the middle of Alastair’s shop. It was about eight feet high, but only three feet on each side of the base. His hands were chained above his head, and his legs were spread and shackled to the bars of the cage.

He was naked, apart from his collar and a cock cage. There was a vibrating plug in his ass with a remote control resting on a small table next to his cage. Customers could turn the vibrations on or off, up or down, as they saw fit.

The plug had been turned off for a few minutes, allowing Dean to catch his breath. The bell on the door dinged as more customers entered the store. Dean looked up and bit back a groan. It was Lilith with her friend Abby. They were friends of Alastair, and took great pleasure in tormenting Dean any time they saw him.

They strolled over to Alastair, who was standing by the cash register. “So, have you broken your new toy yet?” Lilith asked.

“Not yet,” Alastair said, frowning slightly. “He’s a tough one, I have to admit. But that will only make it more gratifying when he eventually breaks.”

“That’s what I like about you,” Abby said. “You never back down from a challenge.”

“Damn right.” Alastair nodded. “Would you like to see what I’ve cooked up for him today?”

“Of course.”

Alastair led them over to the cage. “You see, I have him wearing a remote controlled vibrating plug. That way, myself, or any customer, can tease him however they like.”

“How ingenious,” Lilith said.

“The deal is the same as always. He only has to submit and promise to be my obedient fuck toy, and the torture will stop. Isn’t that right, Dean?”

“Fuck you,” Dean growled.

Alastair chuckled, and handed the remote control to Lilith. “Have fun.”

***

“Please, no. Please stop,” Dean whimpered in his sleep. 

“Dean, wake up. You’re having a nightmare.” Castiel shook him gently. 

After a few moments, Dean opened his eyes. He blinked and a tear trickled down his cheek. Castiel gently brushed it away.

“It’s okay, you’re safe now. I promise.”

Dean nodded sleepily, then buried his head in the crook of Castiel’s neck and fell back asleep.

***

 

Later, Dean had offered to make them lunch, and Castiel took the opportunity to check some work emails. He had a lot of seniority at his job, and he’d barely taken any time off in the past year, so he had a lot of vacation time built up. But he still wanted to check in and make sure no one had emailed him about anything earth shatteringly important.

Castiel’s gaze drifted to the icon on his desktop that would allow him to view the footage from the security cameras. He wondered if there was any point in keeping them, now that Michael didn’t appear to be a threat. Then again, it might help deter would-be burglars. Castiel wasn’t overly worried about his home getting robbed, but it was still something he’d prefer to avoid.

Procrastinating from reading his boring work emails, Castiel double clicked the icon and opened the program. He decided to review the footage from the past 24 hours, just in case of…he wasn’t sure.

He fast-forwarded through the videos, not seeing anything noteworthy, until…he did. A man standing in front of the house, staring in the window. Castiel's eyes widened. He paused the video and rewound it a little. He saw the man walk up to the house and stare in the windows, smirking slightly. The timestamp read 2:04 AM.

The video was fairly grainy, so it took him a moment to recognize the man. It was the sex toy shop owner. Alastair.

Castiel’s face went pale. He’d found the man creepy from the start, and this…well, there was no non-creepy explanation for staring in his windows at 2AM.

Dean knocked on the door and peered into Castiel’s office. “Hey Cas, lunch is ready.” Then he noticed Castiel’s expression. “Hey, what’s wrong?”

 

Chapter 21: Break

Summary:

Dean, Castiel, and Jody discuss how to handle Alastair.

Notes:

CW: chapter begins with a flashback of Alastair torturing Dean.

Chapter Text

Dean was strapped down to a spanking bench. Alastair had started out by caning his ass, and was now caning the soles of his feet. The pain was excruciating. He had tried to stay silent, but he could no longer refrain from crying out every time Alastair hit him.

Alastair stepped back and looked at him thoughtfully. “Hm. What do you think we should try next, Dean? The bull whip, perhaps?”

Something inside Dean snapped. He just couldn’t take the agony anymore. “Please. Please stop.” He sobbed.

“Well, Dean, if you want me to stop the torture, it’s simple enough. Just promise to be my obedient slave. And then beg me to fuck you.”

Dean gritted his teeth. He wanted to scream. He wanted to throw up. He forced the words out. “I’ll…I’ll be your obedient slave. Master.”

“Good. And?”

Dean sighed. “Please fuck me, master.”

Alastair smirked. “Your wish is my command.”

***

Dean was curled up in the fetal position on the small couch in Castiel’s office. Castiel wrapped his arms around Dean and stroked his hair.

“Breath, Dean. Just breathe. I’m not going to let that bastard hurt you. He’ll never touch you again. I swear. Now, breathe in for a count of four. Hold for four…out for four. Good.”

Gradually, Dean’s breathing returned to normal. “You don’t know him. He’ll find a way. I should’ve known he wouldn’t let me get away that easily.”

“Legally, there’s nothing he can do. I own you now, and soon, you'll be free.”

“You think Alastair cares about what’s legal or not? I mean, he’ll follow the law if it suits him, but if it doesn’t…well.”

“Hm,” Castiel said, looking pensive. “I’m going to call Jody.”

***

An hour later, Sheriff Jody Mills was sitting in Castiel’s office with them, reviewing the security footage.

“Well, we could bring him in for trespassing, but I doubt we’d be able to hold him for very long. All he did was look in your windows - creepy, for sure, but he didn’t break into your house or steal anything.”

“No!” Dean exclaimed. “If you do that…he’ll know it was because of me. And once he’s out…I don’t even wanna think about what he’ll do. It’ll be ten times worse than whatever he was already planning.”

Jody nodded seriously. “I understand. I can have a couple officers watch your house to make sure he doesn’t try anything.”

“Thank you, Jody.” Castiel said. He frowned. “If you were able to arrest Alastair for something serious enough, he might be denied bail, correct?"


“Yes, that’s possible, but right now we don’t have anything solid on him. Donna does have a file on him - he’s been loosely associated with some folks involved in the illicit drug trade. But we never had enough evidence to even justify an arrest warrant.”

“Oh, yeah, he definitely sells drugs.” Dean said casually. “He sold them under the table from his shop.”

Jody looked at him with interest. “Really? Do you know which drugs?”

“Molly. Roofies for sure…he, um, used them on me a couple times. And Reaper. There might’ve been others, but definitely those.”

“Reaper?” Castiel asked, squinting in confusion. He’d never heard of any drug called “Reaper.” Not that Castiel was exactly an expert on hard drugs, but he didn’t live under a rock either.

“It’s a relatively new drug,” Jody explained. “Its use isn’t too widespread, which is fortunate because it’s incredibly dangerous.”

“Oh?”

“You see, originally it was developed as a sort of Viagra alternative. It was meant to treat erectile dysfunction, and increase libido.”

“That doesn’t sound so bad…”

“It never got out of the preliminary testing phase due to the multitude of dangerous side effects.  It was never supposed to be released to the public, but someone who worked in the lab sold the recipe on the black market. Many people who took the drug became aggressive, even violent. Other less common side effects included loss of consciousness, delusions, vomiting, and amnesia.”

“Damn. Why would anyone even want to take it then?”
“Because it’s also incredibly effective at its original purpose.”

“Hm.” Castiel frowned. “Do…do women ever take the drug?”

“It’s mostly men, but yes, women have been known to use it as well. It’s reported to increase libido and strength of orgasms. But it still has all the same negative side effects in women as it does for men. Why do you ask?”

“Hm.” Castiel stared off into the distance, looking slightly shell-shocked.

“Cas? Are you okay?” Dean asked with concern.

“Yes. I’m fine. It’s just…”

“Yeah?”

“This drug, it could cause a normally non-violent person to behave in an uncharacteristically violent manner?”

“Yes, absolutely. What are you getting at?”

“April…” Castiel said under his breath.

Dean’s eyes widened. “Oh shit! You think…you think she was on it?”

“It would certainly explain a lot.”

“Care to fill me in?” Jody asked.

“Ah…yes, I suppose I should. To make a long story short, last year I was dating a woman named April…she seemed like a very kind, gentle person. Then one day, seemingly out of the blue, she attacked me. She…tried to carve her name into my chest with a knife.”

“Oh god. I’m so sorry, Castiel.” Jody looked shocked.

Castiel looked calculating. “I have an idea. I think it’s time I paid April a visit.”

 

Chapter 22: Memories like Fingerprints

Summary:

Dean and Castiel take a walk down memory lane. Dean learns more about Castiel's past.

Chapter Text

Dean had continued sleeping in Castiel’s bed with him. His nightmares were less severe than if he tried to sleep alone. And when he did have nightmares, Castiel would gently wake him and hold him until he stopped shaking.

After showering and brushing his teeth, Dean walked into Cas’s room to find him looking at a photo album.

“Hey, Cas. Whatcha lookin’ at?”

“Oh, just looking through an old photo album.” Castiel smiled wistfully.

Dean sat down next to him. “Can…can I see?”

“Of course.” Castiel smiled at him gently. He opened to the first page of the album, and showed Dean a picture of a brunette woman holding an infant. “This is me and my mother when I was a baby.” He flipped to the next page, showing the same woman holding a small child with blue eyes and blond hair. “This is me as a toddler.”

“You used to be a blond?” Dean asked.

“Yes, my hair got darker when I was an adult.”

“Huh. You were a real cute kid.”

Castiel blushed slightly. “Thank you.” He continued flipping through the album, showing Dean pictures of him and his mother and sometimes other people.

“So uh…your dad wasn’t in the picture, I take it? He a deadbeat like my dad?”

Castiel nodded. “I never met my father. My mother told me he left town a few days after she told him she was pregnant. She was never able to track him down, although he sent her envelopes full of cash every month until I turned 21. Well, we assume he sent them. There was never any return address or note or anything. Just the money.”

“Well…that’s somethin’, I guess. You and your mom close? You never mentioned her before.”

“We were close when I was younger. But as I grew up…well, I began to realize I wasn’t straight, and she was very clear about her feelings regarding ‘the homosexuals’.” Castiel made air quotes with his fingers while smiling bitterly. “When I was very young, she wasn’t especially religious. But then she ‘found Jesus’ and started going to a fundamentalist church. I didn’t dare tell her I was queer until I was out of the house and no longer financially dependent on her. And it’s a good thing I waited.”

“She didn’t take it well, I gather?”

“Understatement. She told me I was disgusting, that I was going to hell, and she didn’t want to hear from me again unless I ‘repented' of my ‘sinful lifestyle’.” 

“Damn. Did you guys ever patch things up?”

“Sort of.” Castiel sighed. “Almost eight years ago, she was diagnosed with an aggressive form of breast cancer. She reached out to me…but she never actually apologized. She just tried to pretend like the whole thing never happened, like she never disowned me. I decided not to bring it up, since I knew she probably didn’t have much time left. I visited her in the hospital somewhat regularly before she passed. But we never actually talked about my sexual orientation, or the horrible things she’d said to me. Sometimes…sometimes I wish I had. Spoken to her about it. Told her how much she hurt me. But…well, water under the bridge now, I suppose.”

Dean squeezed Cas’s hand. “That’s rough, man. I…don’t think my old man would have been real accepting either. I’m…bi, I’m pretty sure. Not like I got much of a chance to experiment before…well, you know.” He bit his lip and looked at the floor.

“I’m sorry, Dean. You should’ve had the chance to explore your sexuality. You should’ve had a lot of things. You didn’t deserve everything that happened to you.”

Dean shrugged. “Yeah, well. Since when do we get what we deserve.”

“You’ll be free soon. And then you can do whatever you want. Explore whatever you want.”

“What if…” Dean chewed on his lip nervously and stared at the carpet.

“What if…what, Dean?” Castiel tilted Dean’s chin up to look him in the eye.

“What if…I explored…with you?”

“With me?” Castiel’s eyes darkened and he swallowed hard.

“I mean. If you want. You probably don’t…”

Dean.” Castiel took a deep breath, and his voice dropped several octaves. “Once you’re free…we can do whatever you want. I’d love to help you explore your sexuality.”

“Really?” Dean’s eyes widened.

“Really.” Castiel kissed him on the lips, just a quick peck, but Dean thought it was the best kiss he’d ever had. They rested their foreheads together, hands still intertwined.

Chapter 23: April

Summary:

Dean and Cas go to see April and learn more about what happened the day she attacked Castiel.

Notes:

CW: discussion of violence, drugs, brief mention of self-harm.

Chapter Text

Dean and Castiel sat in Cas’s car. They were parked about half a block from April’s house. Jody was parked a short distance behind them.

Both the men were wearing wires, although April wasn’t actually their prey here. She was just a means to an end. The wires were so Jody could hear what was going on, and send in reinforcements if things went sideways.

Castiel took a deep breath and then let it out. Dean squeezed his hand. “You sure you wanna do this?”

Cas nodded. “Yes. I need…I need closure. I need to find out what really happened last year. And hopefully…we can kill two birds with one stone.”

They walked down the street and climbed the stairs to April’s house. It was small, and slightly run down. Two bedrooms, Castiel recalled. She’d inherited it from her parents after they were killed in a car crash.

Castiel gathered his courage and pressed the doorbell. Ding-dong, ding-dong. They waited. Just as Castiel was about to try ringing again, the door opened.

April stood inside the doorway. She looked paler and thinner than the last time Cas had seen her. When she saw Castiel, her eyes widened, and her expression shifted through surprise, guilt, and fear. But mostly guilt.

“Castiel.” She said, barely above a whisper. She swallowed hard.

“April. I was hoping we could…talk.”

“Of-of course. Whatever you want. W-would you like to come inside? Or- no, perhaps you’d rather stay on the porch. I…”

Castiel considered it. She certainly seemed harmless enough now - terrified, even - but he’d been fooled before. He decided that caution was the better part of valor.

“Can we talk out here?”

“Yes, of course. Uh…would you like to sit down?” She gestured to a porch swing to the left of them.

Castiel and Dean sat down on the swing, while April perched nervously on a wicker chair. She twisted her hands in her lap.

“I’ll go quietly.” She said.

“What?” Castiel blinked at her.

“The..the police? I assume that’s why you’re here, right? You finally decided to file charges and they’re coming to arrest me? Don’t worry, I won’t try to run. I know what I deserve. I…after. I know I should have turned myself in. I was going to. But I was too much of a coward.”

“That's...not exactly why we're here.”

She looked up at him in confusion. “Then…why?”

“I just wanted to talk, mostly. I wanted to know…what happened. Why you’d do such a thing.”

She nodded. “Um. Of course. That makes sense.” She swallowed hard and then took a deep breath. “Cas…you have to know how sorry I am. And I know…I know an apology means nothing, really, for something like this. I know I can never make it right. But…you should know. I am sorry. I wanted to tell you, before, but I thought hearing from me might just…make it worse.”

“It doesn’t mean nothing,” Castiel said softly. “But I didn’t come here for an apology. I just wanted to know…why.”

“Okay. So. The day before we had our scene…I was a little nervous about domming for the first time. And I went to the sex toy store to get some supplies…you know, Al’s Sex Toy Emporium?” 

Dean and Castiel shot each other a look, but didn’t interrupt.

“And when I was there, the owner and I, we started chatting. And you know I don’t usually tell strangers my personal business but, something about him…I don’t know…he got me talking…anyway, I ended up telling him about how I was feeling nervous about domming for the first time. And he gave me something. Said it was a ‘herbal supplement’ that would ‘give me more confidence.’ And, um, make my…orgasms better.” She blushed.

“I honestly didn’t think it would do much of anything. Figured it was probably just B vitamins and caffeine. Honestly, I figured any effect it had would just be…the placebo effect. God, I wish I’d…anyway. I took a dose a little before I left to go to your house. At first I didn’t feel anything. Then, I started to feel kinda jittery. Nothing crazy, just like when you’ve had one too many cups of coffee. And then…then things start to get a little fuzzy.”

“I woke up at home the next day, in, um…in a pool of my own vomit. And at first I didn’t remember anything. I was really out of it. Spent the next couple days throwing up anything I ate. And then…bits and pieces started to come back.”

“I remember tying you to the chair. And I remember…I remember looking through the toybox. And then I remember…I went into my purse. And I always used to keep a small knife in my purse, in case I was walking home late and someone attacked me. But I’d never used it before. And…I don’t know why but…I just suddenly had this overwhelming urge to…to…” She broke down crying. April wrapped her arms around herself as she sobbed, and as she did so, her sleeve rode up a little and Dean saw a couple of straight, pale pink scars there.

Castiel patted her awkwardly on the shoulder. He waited until her crying turned to sniffles.

“April,” he said, “do you know what it actually was that Alastair gave you? What drug?”

She shook her head. “No idea. Never…never heard of a drug doing something like that.”

Castiel nodded. “We have reason to believe Alastair might have given you a newer drug called ‘Reaper’. It can have effects…well, exactly like what happened to you.”

“Really?” She said, wiping her nose.

“Yes. And we were hoping…well, we were hoping you’d do us a favor.”

“Anything.”

***

Dean and Castiel left April’s house after discussing their plan with her. Since Alastair had already sold to her once, he likely wouldn’t find it suspicious if she came to the store again and tried to buy more of the drug. But this time, she would be wearing a wire. And once they had evidence of Alastair selling the extremely illegal drug, it would be easy to get an arrest warrant. Not only that, but Jody had told him that it was almost impossible for anyone arrested for selling Reaper to be bailed out before trial.

Dean was still a little worried about that “almost”, but Jody had seemed certain that Alastair wouldn’t see the outside of a cell for a long time after they put him in handcuffs.

Jody had one of her fellow officers, a cheerful blonde named Donna, accompany them back to Castiel’s house. Before they went inside, she did a sweep of the house to make sure that no one had broken in while they were gone.

“Okay, sit tight, I’m just gonna make sure there’s no one hidin’ in there!” She said.

A few minutes later, Donna returned and gave them the thumbs up. “All clear!” She said.

Dean and Castiel went inside and immediately collapsed on the couch. To say that the day had been emotionally draining would be an understatement.

Castiel picked up his phone. “I’m going to order a pizza. What do you want on it, Dean?”

“Anything but pineapple or…” Dean was interrupted by the doorbell ringing. They all immediately went on high alert.

Donna drew her gun and peered behind the curtains. She turned to them and shrugged. “It’s not Alastair. You know this fella, Cas?”

Castiel went up to the window and peeked through. A short man with dark blond hair was standing on the porch. He looked harmless enough, although Castiel knew appearances could be deceiving.

He nodded at Donna and she moved just out of sight of the door, gun still drawn.

Castiel opened the door nervously. “Hello?” He said.

“Hey!” The shorter man said cheerfully. “Guess who!”

“I’m really not in the mood for guessing games right now. Who are you and what do you want?”

The man sighed and looked a little dejected. “Fine. Be that way.” Then he brightened again. “My name’s Gabriel…I’m your brother.” He grinned.

“What??”

Chapter 24: Brothers

Summary:

A man named Gabriel shows up claiming to be Castiel's half-brother.

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

The man on the porch grinned at Castiel. “My name’s Gabriel…I’m your brother.”

“What?” Castiel stared at him in disbelief. “That’s impossible…I’m an only child.” He frowned at the shorter man.

“Okay, well, if you want to get technical, we’re half-brothers.”

Castiel raised an eyebrow dubiously. “Half brothers?”

“Yep! According to ‘23 and Me’ there’s a 99.2% chance we have the same father!” He held up a printout.

Castiel took the page and squinted at it. He had sent a DNA sample to 23 and Me a couple years ago, hoping he might find some long lost family. But he hadn’t had any luck at the time. Of course, now that the company had been around a little while, it would make sense that more people would have sent in their DNA. 

He gave Gabriel an uncertain half-smile and held out his hand. “Pleased to meet you, Gabriel. I’m Castiel.”

Gabriel smiled at him. “Nice to meet you, bro. Mind if I come in?”

Castiel turned around and looked back at Dean and Donna, who still had a hand on her gun.

“As long as you don’t mind if she searches you,” he said, pointing to the blonde sheriff.

Gabriel raised his eyebrows, but shrugged. “Fine by me.”

Donna’s search of Gabriel uncovered four chocolate bars, two lollipops, a bag of skittles and a roll of Life Savers. But no weapons or anything else illegal.

“Can I see some ID?” Donna asked him. “Just so we know you are who you say you are.”

Gabriel cheerfully provided her with his driver’s license. She looked it over, and nodded. 

Gabriel took a seat in an unoccupied armchair. “So…I don’t suppose you have a relationship with your…our father?”

Castiel shook his head. “I’m afraid not. I’ve never even met the man. My mother never told me much about him, only that he disappeared a few days after she told him she was pregnant. She never saw him again. He did send us an envelope of cash once a month, but other than that, she never heard from him again.”

Gabriel nodded. “Yeah, my mom told me pretty much the same thing. They dated for several months, she got pregnant, and not long after she told him about it, he ran off. But he sent us an envelope of cash every month, same as you.”

“Not exactly father of the year,” Castiel said dryly.

“Not really.”

“I don’t suppose you’d happen to have any pictures of him? My mom burned all her photos with him after he ran off, and it was the 70s, so it’s not like any of them would have been uploaded to a computer or website.”

“I actually do. Just one, though.” Gabriel reached into his jacket and pulled out a faded, creased photograph. It showed a young man and a young woman in typical 1970s attire with their arms around each other, smiling. Gabriel handed the photo to Castiel so he could get a closer look at the man who was apparently his father.

Castiel took the photo and squinted at it. He tried to decide if he looked at all like the man in the photograph. Maybe a little? Dean leaned over his shoulder to look at the picture. He stared at it for a moment, and then his eyes widened.

“Holy shit…Cas…”

“Dean?”

“That…that’s Chuck Shurley.”

“What??”

“Who?”

Notes:

23 and Me was founded in 2006, and this story takes place in 2008, so I figured it was plausible that Cas & Gabriel could have submitted their DNA to it.

Chapter 25: Sting

Summary:

April tries to make up for her past deeds by helping with a sting operation to arrest Alastair.

Notes:

CW: violence

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

Castiel paced back and forth in the living room. “I’m so sorry, Dean. I wouldn’t blame you if you hated me…”

Dean shook his head. “Cas, what are you apologizin’ for? It’s not your fault your dad’s a dick. You didn’t even know who he was until thirty minutes ago!”

“I know…it’s just…if it weren’t for him…he’s the reason you became enslaved in the first place.”

“Yeah, well, it’s my dad’s fault too. It was his gambling debts…anyway, looks like we both have douchebags for dads. So what? You think my dad being a dick makes me a bad person?”

Castiel’s eyes widened. “No, of course not Dean, I…”

“That’s what I thought. If I’m not responsible for the shit my dad did, then neither are you.”

Castiel sighed. “You’re right, of course, Dean. I just…it’s just…to finally find out who my father is, and have him be someone so awful…someone who hurt someone I lo-care about. It’s…”

“It sucks, I know.” Dean wrapped his arms around Cas. Castiel relaxed into his embrace. It felt so right when Dean held him. It felt like…home.

***

Two Days Later

The day had arrived. That is, the day of the sting operation. The police had coached April on what to say and do so that she wouldn’t make Alastair suspicious. She was wearing a wire, as well as a bodycam disguised as a brooch. The cops would be stationed in an unmarked van just down the street. As soon as Alastair had sold her the Reaper, the cops would head in to arrest him.

***

April took a deep breath and pushed open the door of “Al’s Dungeon Sex Toy Emporium.” Alastair was standing by the cash register. By the far wall were three slaves, wearing nothing but lingerie, chains, and steel collars.

“Hello, welcome to Al’s Sex Toy Emporium! I’m Al. Let me know if you need help finding anything.”

“Hi! Actually…I was hoping you could help me out.”

“Oh?”

“Yes, I came in here a while ago and you sold me an…herbal supplement. My boyfriend and I had so much fun that night…I was hoping you might have some more.” She smiled at him, trying to hide her nervousness.

“Ah, yes! I thought you looked familiar! That must’ve been…almost a year ago you were last here, if memory serves.”

“Yes, that sounds about right. I would’ve come back sooner, but then work got really busy. Didn’t have as much time for…recreation. You know how it is.” April smiled ruefully as she walked up to the cash register.

“That I do. And as it turns out, it’s your lucky day. We just got a new shipment of herbal supplements in.”

“Oh, that’s great! My boyfriend and I were going to go away for a long weekend, and you know…have some fun.” She winked at him.

“Sounds great.” Alastair leered at her. He reached under the counter and pulled out a small box. He opened the box and retrieved a small plastic bag containing four pills. “I figure this should be enough to give you guys a fun weekend.”

“Awesome.” April tried to look excited.

“It’ll be sixty bucks.”

“No prob.” April pulled out her wallet and handed the creepy man three twenties. He handed her the baggie. She put it in her purse and turned to leave.

“Hold on!” Alastair said.

April’s stomach dropped. She turned around, trying to disguise her terror.

“I forgot to give you our new punch card. After ten punches, you get 69% off any vibrator or dildo!”

“Oh! Ah. Thank you. How nice.” April said, taking the card. “Have a nice day!” Her voice was a few octaves higher than it normally was, she hoped Alastair wouldn’t notice.

“You too! Come back soon!”

As soon as the shop door closed behind April, she sagged in relief. She’d done it. 

Donna, dressed in plainclothes, came up to April and led her away from the store.

As she did so, a team of police officers led by Viktor Henrickson burst through the front door. Meanwhile, Jody circled around the back of the store with a few other officers, in case Alastair tried to escape out the back door.

“Alastair Smith, you are under arrest for drug trafficking! Put your hands up!”

Alastair looked up from the cash register. His momentary look of shock was quickly replaced by an oily smile.

“Drug trafficking? Surely there’s been some mistake, officer.”

“I said, hands above your head! Now.” Viktor pointed his gun at Alastair.

Alastair reached under the counter and drew his own gun, aiming it at the police.

“Put the gun down!”

“No, I don’t think I will.” He sidled towards the three slaves who were standing by the far wall. There was one man and two women. The male slave was chained to the wall, but the two female slaves only had their wrists chained together.

“Drop the gun and get on your knees or I’ll shoot!”

Alastair lunged toward the slave closest to him, a woman with light brown hair and green eyes who was kneeling on the floor. Viktor fired his gun, hitting Alastair in the leg.

Alastair yelled in pain but he still grabbed the slave. He crouched next to her and held his gun to her head. “Put your guns down or I’ll blow her brains out.”

“Mr. Smith, be reasonable. Do you really want to add a murder charge to the drug trafficking charges?” Viktor kept his gun trained on Alastair.

“I’m only going to say it one more time. Put your guns down and I’ll leave with the girl. Otherwise, I’m killing the bitch. It’s up to you.”

The hostage made eye contact with the other female slave, a blonde woman. She nodded imperceptibly. Alastair didn’t notice, his attention was focused on Viktor.

The blonde woman lunged at Alastair and wrapped the chain connecting her wrists around his neck tightly. Taken off guard, Alastair loosened his grip on the gun enough for the slave he was holding hostage to rip it out of his hand and throw it to the other side of the room.

The blonde woman pulled the chain around his neck tighter. “Let her go. Now.”

Realizing he was beaten, Alastair shoved the other slave away from him. He put his hands up.

“All right, miss, we’ll take it from here,” Viktor said to the blonde slave who was still choking Alastair. She nodded and released him, quickly stepping away to the other side of the room.

“On the floor. Hands behind your head.” Viktor quickly handcuffed Alastair and read him his rights as he was dragged to a police car.

***

Dean and Castiel were making spaghetti sauce from scratch when Castiel’s phone rang. He put down the knife he was using to chop garlic and picked up his phone.

“Hello?”

“Castiel, it’s Jody. I just wanted to let you know…we got him. They arrested Alastair earlier today. Not only do we have proof of him selling illicit drugs, but in the search of his shop, they uncovered several other crimes being committed as well. I’m not at liberty to share the specifics of that, but rest assured, there’s virtually no chance he’ll be released from jail prior to trial.”

“Oh thank God.” Castiel felt relief sweep through him. “Thank you for telling us.” He hung up the phone. 

“Dean, they got him! They got him.”

Dean dropped the spatula he was using to break up the ground beef. “Really??”

“Really. He’s in jail, and he won’t be getting out any time soon.”

“Thank fuck.” Dean fell into Castiel’s arms and Cas held him tightly, stroking his hair. Dean closed his eyes and buried his face in the crook of Cas’s neck.

“Oh shit! The meat is burning!”

Notes:

I don't know if this was terribly realistic as far as police procedures go, but...uh...yeah.

Chapter 26: Waiting

Summary:

This chapter starts with a flashback to shortly after Alastair bought Dean.
The rest of the chapter is mostly fluff, and a little smut.

Chapter Text

The first week after Alastair bought Dean, he kept him in a small cell in the basement of the shop, mostly alone. Alastair would come by and torture him, and sometimes Ruby (who Dean gathered was Alastair’s part-time assistant) would help him torment Dean. But most of the time he was kept locked in a tiny cell, alone.

After a week Alastair dragged him out of his cell into a larger room in the basement. He strapped Dean to a spanking bench and gagged him. And then he left.

A few minutes later Alastair returned with three people who Dean gathered were also slaves, given that they were wearing only collars and underwear. There was a woman with long blond hair who was wearing a turquoise colored lace bra and matching panties. A woman with light brown hair in a red satin corset and matching thong. And a dark haired man wearing black satin briefs.

Alastair spoke to the other slaves. “This is the new toy I bought last week. I’m still breaking him in, but I wanted you all to give him a proper welcome.” He took a heavy wooden paddle that had been hanging on a hook on the wall. It had holes drilled into it. Dean grimaced. He knew that thing was gonna hurt like hell.

“Each of you is going to spank him 15 times with this. You first, Jo.” He handed the paddle to the blond woman, smirking cruelly.

She took the paddle, biting her lip. She walked up to Dean. “I’m sorry,” she whispered, before bringing the paddle down on his ass. Dean winced slightly, but she hadn’t actually hit him very hard.

“Stop!” Alastair said harshly. “Jo, I know you can hit harder than that. Start over and spank him properly. Or I’ll do it myself, and give him twice as many.”

“I’m sorry, master,” she said. Her shoulders slumped. “I’ll start over.” Her expression was a mixture of guilt and despair. Dean wished he could tell her it was all right, that it wasn’t her fault. But he was gagged.

She spanked him fifteen times with the paddle, much harder this time. Dean didn’t try to hold back his whimpers and gasps of pain, lest Alastair think she was letting him off easy.

“...fifteen. Very good. Your turn, Bela. I know you won’t pull your punches, will you?”

“No, master,” she replied flatly. Her face was expressionless and her eyes were without hope.

***

 

After Alastair’s arrest, Dean and Castiel had both been pleased to have an uneventful few days. Castiel continued to work from home, he really didn’t want to leave Dean alone too much until the paperwork to free him went through. Even with Alastair behind bars, he was still nervous that something might happen to Dean.

When Castiel was working, Dean spent his time reading, catching up on TV shows, and cooking. They went for short walks around the neighborhood once or twice a day. Every time they left the house, Castiel felt slightly guilty, because it meant Dean had to wear his collar. But he knew it wouldn’t be for much longer.

At 5PM, Castiel logged off of his work computer. Stretching out the kinks in his back, he left his office and wandered into the kitchen. Something smelled delicious.

He saw Dean standing over the stove, wearing one of Castiel’s t-shirts. He appeared to be making spaghetti sauce from scratch. He found it very arousing to see Dean in his clothes, but, he thought to himself, it was about time he and Dean went out shopping for some clothes for the young man. Cas had ordered Dean some things online - underwear, t-shirts, sweatpants, that sort of thing. But he thought it would be nice to go to an actual store, where Dean could have more choices, and be able to try things on if need be. 

Castiel’s reverie was interrupted by his stomach growling loudly. He walked up behind Dean.

“That smells delicious.” He kissed Dean on the cheek. Cas had resolved that he wouldn’t do more than kiss Dean until he was officially free - no matter how much he wanted to.

Dean grinned at him. “Thanks, Cas. Dinner should be ready in, oh, thirty or forty minutes.”

“Wonderful. By the way, what do you think of going shopping for some clothes tomorrow? What with everything that’s been going on, buying more clothes for you slipped my mind.”

“Sure, sounds good Cas.” Dean smiled. “Oh, uh, I wanted to ask you, would it be okay if I invited Sam over for dinner sometime?”

“Of course Dean, that’s a wonderful idea! Invite him over whenever you’d like.”

“Awesome.”

“I’m going to jump in the shower before dinner.” 

Dean nodded and kissed Cas on the cheek. For a moment, he allowed himself to enjoy the mental picture of Castiel in the shower, wet and naked. He couldn’t wait until they could do more than just kiss. He understood why Castiel wouldn’t have sex with him until he was free, and he knew Cas was right, but…he was impatient to get his hands on Cas’s bare skin. Or feel Castiel’s cock in his mouth. He licked his lips unconsciously.

He finished adding all the ingredients to the spaghetti sauce, now it just needed to simmer for 20 minutes or so. He decided to step away for a minute to give Sam a call. There was a landline phone in the kitchen, and Cas had helpfully written Sam’s phone number on a pad of paper by the phone.

He dialed Sam’s number, feeling slightly nervous. He knew it was ridiculous to be nervous calling his own brother, but apart from their once chance meeting, they hadn’t seen each other in years.

Sam picked up on the second ring. “Hello?”

“Hey Sammy, it’s me. I’m calling from Cas’s landline.”

“Oh, hey Dean! It’s good to hear from you! How have things been?”

“Well, I gotta admit, it’s been a crazy few days. But that’s not why I called. I wanted to see if you’d wanna come over for dinner sometime.”

“Yeah, of course, Dean! Um…I’m free tomorrow night, but after that I’m gonna be real busy for the next couple weeks.”

“Tomorrow night works!”

“Great! So, has your, uh, paperwork gone through yet?”

“No, but it shouldn’t be more than 2 or 3 more days at this point.”

“That’s great news! I’m so glad Castiel saved you.”

“Yeah, me too.” Dean smiled into the phone. He glanced at the stove. “Oh shit, the pasta’s about to boil over! Talk to you later!” Dean hung up the phone and rushed over to the stove to turn down the burner.

While the pasta was cooking, he put some garlic bread in the oven. Then he sauteed some spinach with garlic and olive oil. Dean wasn’t the biggest fan of spinach, but it was better than kale at least. And he knew Castiel would give him the eyebrow if he didn’t include a vegetable of some kind. Spinach wasn’t too bad once you sauteed it with garlic.

***

Castiel hadn’t really needed a shower. One didn’t get especially sweaty or dirty sitting in front of a computer for eight hours. But, sometimes his back hurt a little after sitting at the computer for so long, and the hot water felt good on his muscles.

More importantly, showering gave him a chance to jerk off. Having Dean around meant he was at least a little horny a large portion of the time, but his sense of morality wouldn’t allow him to do anything about it, not yet.

Castiel squirted a little conditioner into his hand and started to stroke his cock lightly. He imagined how Dean’s toned, lithe body would look spread-eagled on his bed. He pictured himself kissing down Dean’s freckled chest, down to his cock. He had such a pretty cock, Castiel couldn’t wait to get it in his mouth. Just a little while longer, he thought.

Stroking his cock faster, he pictured himself bending Dean over the kitchen table. Impaling him with his cock. Making him moan in ecstasy. Castiel’s release spurted over the shower wall.

He quickly lathered up his body in his favorite “Milk & Honey” organic soap, before rinsing himself and the shower off. Castiel dried off, leaving his damp hair messy. He got dressed in a pair of black sweatpants and a red t-shirt of soft cotton. He padded barefoot down to the kitchen, where Dean was just starting to plate the food. The aroma of roasted garlic filled the kitchen.

“Right on time!” Dean said, smiling at him. At first, Castiel had felt guilty about letting Dean cook for him, not wanting to feel like he was treating Dean like a slave. But Dean had assured him that he wanted to, that he liked cooking, so Cas had relented.

“Thank you, Dean. This looks wonderful. Would you like some wine or beer?”

“A beer sounds great, Cas.”

Castiel grabbed a beer out of the fridge for Dean, and poured himself a glass of red wine.

 

“Cas…I was wondering…do you know what’s gonna happen to the other slaves? Alastair’s other slaves, I mean? Now that he’s been arrested?”

“Hm.” Castiel frowned. “I’m not really sure.”

“Do you think they’ll be auctioned off?” Dean bit his lip. Dean hadn’t had the chance to get to know Alastair’s other slaves very well - he beat them if he caught them talking to each other without permission. But he still felt guilty that he’d been saved and they hadn’t. He hoped that, at the very least, now that Alastair was arrested the nightmare would soon be over for them.

“I…don’t know. I’ve seen some cases on the news, where a rich person went to trial and their slaves were sold at a government auction. But I’m not sure if that’s always what happens. I could call Jody and ask her, maybe she knows. Or you could ask Sam, he’s working towards getting his law degree, so he might know.”

“Yeah, maybe he would. Oh, by the way, Sam said he’s free for dinner tomorrow. Does that work?”

“Yes, that’s perfect.” Castiel smiled.

 

As they ate dinner, Dean noticed Castiel occasionally rubbing his neck or rolling his shoulders.

“Back pain?” He asked.

“Yeah, a little. Spending so many hours hunched over a computer, it’s hard to avoid.”

“Well…after dinner, I could give you a back rub. If you want.” Dean said casually.

“Oh! I…well…I mean…if…if you want to.” Castiel stammered awkwardly. Getting a back rub from Dean sounded fantastic , but also, having Dean’s hands on his skin would make it even harder to control himself. Still, he was a grown man. It wasn’t like he couldn’t control himself. It was just…taking more and more effort to do so. Only a few more days, he told himself.

Dean grinned at him flirtatiously. “I want to.”

 

Fifteen minutes later, Castiel was lying on his bed, shirtless. Dean squeezed some of Castiel’s lavender honey lotion into his hands. He straddled Cas’s thighs, and started rubbing the lotion into Castiel’s back, massaging his sore muscles.

Castiel couldn’t help letting a soft groan escape his lips. Dean’s big, strong hands felt so good on his back. And the weight of his body was delicious.

Castiel’s soft moans and groans of pleasure went straight to Dean’s dick. Finally getting his hands on Cas’s bare skin was intoxicating. Even Castiel’s back was gorgeous, nicely muscled but not bulky. Just miles of tan, smooth skin. As Cas’s back muscles flexed, Dean fancied for a moment that they almost looked like wings.

As he straddled Castiel’s muscular thighs, he couldn’t wait until he could feel those thighs wrapped around him. Soon. Just a few more days.

Castiel’s muscles relaxed under Dean’s ministrations. Well, mostly. There was one part of him that was very much not relaxed. His hard cock pressed into the mattress underneath him, and he rolled his hips slightly, trying to get some relief. Then, he felt it, brushing against his ass as Dean worked the knots out his back. Dean was hard too.

“Dean,” he groaned, his voice in the gutter.

“Cas?”

Castiel’s hands fisted the blankets as he struggled to hold on to the remnants of his self control. You can’t, you can’t, you can’t… he chanted in his head. Dean’s hands brushed against the waistband of his sweatpants.

Castiel couldn’t stop himself from thrusting against the mattress one more time. “Fuck, Dean, you have to stop.”

“What’s wrong, Cas?” Dean asked, voice full of concern.

“Nothing, it’s just. It feels too good. And I can’t take advantage of you, I won’t.”

“You’re not, Cas, I promise.” But he took his hands off Castiel’s back. “But what if…”

“What if what?”

“Well. I mean. If you…got yourself off, you wouldn’t be taking advantage of me.”

“I…suppose not, no.”

Dean crawled off of Castiel. Cas turned over to face him, and saw Dean’s impressive erection tenting his sweatpants. He licked his lips unconsciously. There was nothing he wanted to do more than pull Dean’s sweatpants off and wrap his lips around that pretty cock. No. Not yet. He chastised himself.

“I’m just going to, uh…” He gestured to the en suite.

“Oh, ah, right.”

Castiel darted into the bathroom and as soon as the door was shut, he pushed down his sweatpants and started fisting his cock. “Fuck, Dean …” he growled.

Still in Castiel’s bedroom, Dean grabbed some tissues and squirted some lotion into his hand. Listening to Castiel’s grunts and moans coming from the bathroom, he jerked himself off quickly. And when he heard Cas say his name…that was all she wrote. He came hard into the kleenex, and then slumped against the side of the bed, breathing hard.

It was then that it occurred to Dean that this was the first time he’d actually jerked off, of his own accord, in…years. Michael had, of course, forbidden him to masturbate without permission, and after spending a week in a cock cage when he had forgotten the rule…well. He hadn’t wanted to repeat the experience.

Even though, at this point, he certainly knew that Castiel wouldn’t have any objection to him jerking off, when Cas walked back into the bedroom, Dean tensed slightly, some part of him still fearing he’d be punished.

Castiel noticed Dean tensing up, but misinterpreted the cause. “I’m sorry Dean, did I make you uncomfortable? You know I…”

“Nah, Cas, you didn’t do anything wrong. It’s just…”

“Just?”

“Well. I dunno if you know this, but a lot of slave owners forbid their slaves from, uh…masturbating without their permission.”

“What?!” Castiel stared at him in shock.

“I…I know you wouldn’t…it’s just…”

“Oh, Dean. Of course you don’t need my permission to masturbate. Your body is your own. Of course you can masturbate whenever you want to…well, maybe not at the grocery store. Or the library…”

He sat down next to Dean and Dean rested his head on his shoulder. “Just a few more days, sweetheart. Then all of this will be over, and you'll be free.”



Chapter 27

Summary:

Dean and Castiel go shopping, and encounter an unpleasant surprise when they get home.

Notes:

CW: Mention of John Winchester's A+ parenting skills.
View end notes for more warnings (that contain spoilers).

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

“Ah, I see. That’s good to hear. Yes. Thank you, Jody. Take care.” Castiel hung up the phone. “Good news, Dean. I asked Sheriff Mills if she knew what was going to happen to Alastair’s other slaves. She told me that they had been offered their freedom in return for testifying against Alastair. They’re being held in protective custody now, but as soon as the trial is over, they’ll be freed.”

Dean breathed a sigh of relief.

 

After breakfast, they headed to the mall to find some new clothes for Dean. Before they left, Castiel reluctantly put Dean’s collar on him. Although Castiel would have loved to have Dean wearing his collar by choice, being forced to do so because the law required it was an entirely different story.

As they drove to the mall, Dean fiddled with the radio, hoping to find a station playing some good classic rock. Finally, he found a station playing Queen’s “I Want to Break Free”. 

Dean leaned back in his seat and stared out the car window, watching the world fly by. And he realized that, for the first time in a very long time, he felt...optimistic. Alastair was in jail. He’d connected with Sammy again. And, soon, he’d be free.

Even so, he couldn’t help feeling slightly guilty about everything Castiel had done for him. He’d spent $7500 buying him from Alastair, he let Dean stay in his house, sleep in a comfortable bed (not a thin pallet on the floor, or a cage), eat his food…and now he was buying more clothes for Dean. Surely, there were many people who deserved Castiel’s generosity and kindness more than Dean did.

 

When Dean was four years old, his mother had died in a house fire set by a serial arsonist. The police never found the perpetrator, even though he was believed to have set dozens of house fires around the midwest, many of which resulted in fatalities.

His father had become obsessed with finding Mary’s killer. He became a bounty hunter, criss-crossing the country with Sam and Dean in tow, always hoping to find some clue as to who he was, where he was. John tracked down and captured numerous criminals, but he never found the arsonist. At least, not as far as Dean knew. He supposed it was possible that John might have found the guy some time in the past four years.

But he kind of doubted it. As the years had dragged on, with no sign of finding Mary’s killer, John had turned to booze and gambling more and more to numb his pain, to distract himself for a little while. At least…when he wasn’t just taking it out on Dean.

John had been hard on both of them, but at least he never hit Sammy. Dean made sure of that. And he had the scars to prove it.

He wondered if his father was even still alive. A dangerous job combined with an alcohol addiction didn’t exactly promise a long lifespan. Dean wondered how he’d feel if, at some point, he found out John was dead. Without ever getting to see him again, ever getting to say goodbye. A big part of him hated his father…but a part of him couldn’t help loving him too, in spite of everything.

 

“...Dean? Dean?” Castiel touched Dean’s shoulder lightly.

Dean jumped slightly. He’d been so lost in his thoughts, he hadn’t noticed that Castiel had parked the car in the mall’s parking lot.

“I’m sorry Dean, I didn’t mean to startle you.”

“It’s okay, guess I zoned out for a minute there.”

“Are you ready?”

“Yup. Let’s do this.” 

 

It was a warm, pleasant day in late September as they walked the short distance from their parking spot to the entrance of the mall. As they entered the air conditioned space, Dean tried to remember the last time he’d even been in a mall. Certainly, not since before he became a slave. But even before that…it had been a while. 

They’d never had much money when he was growing up, so the vast majority of his clothes were bought from thrift shops. Food usually came from either a convenience store or, if they were lucky, a greasy spoon diner. Living out of their car, or in cheap motel rooms, they were never able to acquire more possessions than the absolute bare necessities. Dean remembered he’d owned one book - Slaughterhouse Five - a battered copy that he’d carried around for years…until.

Dean felt an unexpected pang of sadness for the loss of that book. Just one more thing he’d never get back. He sighed.

“Is something wrong, Dean?” Castiel asked with concern.

“Nah, I’m fine,” Dean lied.

Castiel said nothing, but raised an eyebrow at him. And then, Dean remembered…with Cas, it was okay if he wasn’t okay. He didn’t have to lie and always pretend to be fine. Castiel wouldn’t yell at him or call him a pussy for feeling sad over a book.

“Well, actually, um…”

“Yes?” Castiel said gently, and squeezed his hand.

“I, um, was just thinkin’. When I was growing up, we never had much stuff, you know? We were always traveling around the country, so accumulating a lot of crap just wasn’t an option. But I did have this one book. An old copy of Slaughterhouse Five I picked up in a used bookstore in Fort Dodge, Iowa. I schlepped that thing around for years until, well…you know.”

Castiel nodded sympathetically.

“And, I guess it’s stupid, but I was just feeling kind of…I dunno…”

“Feeling sad over what you’ve lost?”

“Yeah, I guess.” Dean ducked his head.

“There’s nothing stupid about that, Dean. It’s perfectly understandable. And…I can’t get that book back for you, but there is a used bookstore a few blocks from the mall. I wouldn’t be surprised if they had a copy. Maybe we can stop by there after we get you some clothes?”

“Yeah, that sounds great, Cas.” Dean smiled shyly.

 

They went to a JC Penney to look for new clothes. Dean looked around the huge store, feeling slightly overwhelmed.

“Why don’t we start by looking at jeans?” Castiel suggested.

“Sure, sounds good.” Dean agreed readily.

 

They ended up buying Dean three pairs of jeans, six t-shirts, three flannel shirts, two henleys, a package of boxer briefs, and a light canvas jacket. The weather was still warm at the moment, but it would start to get chilly within the next month. They left their purchases in Castiel’s Prius before beginning the short walk to the bookstore.

“So, um, Cas, I was thinkin’...” Dean said nervously.

“What is it, sweetheart?” Castiel asked gently.

“I was thinking about my dad. I don’t even know if he’s alive…and I know you’ll probably think I’m crazy for wanting to look him up but…I guess I just want closure or something?”

“That’s completely understandable, Dean. Why don’t we talk about it more tonight? Maybe Sam will have some idea of how to get in contact with your father. Or perhaps he knows someone that’s in contact with John.”

“Sure, Cas, that makes sense.” Dean nodded.

 

A bell over the door dinged as they entered the used bookstore, “Deveraux's Books ‘n’ Things”. Dean was hit with the comforting smell of old books.

An older white man sitting behind the cash register grunted at them and tapped on a sign that said “please turn off or silence your cell phones.”

“Of course,” Castiel said politely, and turned off his phone.

“I don’t got a phone,” Dean added.

The man nodded and went back to his crossword puzzle.

They spent almost an hour browsing the bookstore. It was a cozy place, with overstuffed armchairs and artwork by local artists decorating the walls. Dean was able to find a copy of Slaughterhouse Five , and also a copy of Cat’s Cradle.

Castiel found a 19th century book on beekeeping titled Scientific Queen-Rearing. Dean couldn’t help snickering slightly at the title. Castiel raised an eyebrow at him and Dean went silent, arousal curling in his belly. He couldn’t wait for Castiel to just have his way with him.

“Are you ready to check out, Dean?” Cas asked.

“Yup.”

Castiel paid for their books and they walked back to the car. He didn’t think to turn his cell phone back on.

***

Castiel parked his car in the garage and they went inside. Neither of them noticed that the back door was unlocked.

“Sam should be here in about an hour, right?” Castiel said. “What do you think he’d like for dinner?”

“Well, he likes healthy crap, so…” Dean started to say.

“Hello there, Dean-o,” a nasally voice said.

Dean spun around, fear stabbing through him.

Alastair sauntered out from the pantry, pointing a gun at them. Castiel stepped in front of Dean protectively.

“Alastair,” Dean whispered in terror.

“Now now, I thought I taught you better than that. You’re supposed to call me ‘master’, slut.” Alastair shook his head and clucked his tongue disapprovingly.

“He doesn’t belong to you anymore,” Castiel growled. “You sold him to me, remember? He’s mine .”

“Yes, well. Selling him to you was one thing. I worked hard breaking him, and I thought my hard work would at least be going to good use. But when I found out you were going to free him…well, I just couldn’t have that. Not after I worked so hard at making him into the perfect sex slave. It would just be a waste, really.” Alastair smirked.

“How are you even here? You’re supposed to be in jail!” Dean asked, trying to keep his voice from shaking.

“Ah, yes. Well, you see, I got lucky. I was able to hire a very good lawyer, and he managed to convince the judge to free me on bail. And as soon as I was free…I knew I had to pay my favorite whore a visit. Now, let’s get down to business. You have two options. Option one: I shoot Castiel and take Dean with me. Option two: Dean comes with me willingly and I leave Castiel tied up but otherwise unharmed. You have…” he glanced at his watch, “one minute to decide.”

“Dean is not going with you,” Castiel stated flatly.

“Cas, please, he’s gonna kill you.” Dean was so scared he was shaking. “At…at least this way, one of us can…”

“Dean, no.” He looked at Alastair. “Do you really think you’re going to get away with this? Even if Dean leaves with you, he still won’t belong to you legally. And you just skipped out on bail. The police will find you.”

Alastair smirked. “Maybe, maybe not. I know some places we can go where I don’t think anyone will find us. I have…some connections.” He glanced at his watch again. “Thirty seconds.”

A tear rolled down Dean’s cheek. He didn’t want to leave Cas, and the safety and love he’d found. But there was no way he could let Alastair kill Castiel. Even if it meant he spent the rest of his life as Alastair’s slave. And hey, maybe he could escape at some point. Maybe…

He turned to Castiel and kissed him softly. Dean bent so he could whisper in Cas’s ear. “Please Cas, you gotta trust me. You gotta let me do this. After we’re away from here, I can try to escape. This time, I don’t belong to him legally, so the police can’t try to drag me back to him. It’ll be okay, I promise…”

“Dean, no…”

“Time’s up.” Alastair said.

“I’ll do it! I’ll do it.” Dean said. “Just don’t hurt Cas.”

“Deal.” He tossed two pairs of handcuffs at them. “Handcuff Dean and then cuff yourself to the table,” he ordered Castiel.

Then, out of the corner of his eye, Dean saw something. A tall figure creeping down the hallway towards the kitchen. A tall figure with a long mop of hair. Sam? How did Sam get here already?

Dean knew he needed to keep Alastair distracted.

“Please, master,” he said to Alastair, “just let me kiss him goodbye before we go.”

Alastair sighed and rolled his eyes. “Fine, whatever. Just make it quick. I don’t have all-”

 

Sam wrapped a hand around Alastair’s throat from behind, and with his other hand, twisted the gun from Alastair’s grasp. He never saw Sam coming.

Dean took the gun from Sam and kept it trained on Alastair while Castiel used the handcuffs he’d so helpfully provided them with to restrain him.

As Dean dialed 911, he could already hear sirens in the distance.

 

Notes:

Alastair breaks into Castiel's house, threatens Dean & Castiel, and tries to kidnap Dean - but all is resolved by the end of the chapter.

Chapter 28: Samuel

Summary:

Sam attempts to have dinner with his brother and Castiel, but it doesn't go according to plan.

Chapter Text

The law office Sam was interning at had had to close early due to a power outage, so Sam decided to head over to Castiel’s house a little early. It would be nice to spend some extra time with his brother, after not having seen him for so many years. He figured, worst case scenario, if Dean and Castiel weren’t home, he could just sit on the porch and read until they got back.

It was a beautiful day, so Sam didn’t bother trying to find the closest possible parking spot to Castiel’s house, and parked his used Toyota a little ways down the block. As Sam approached the house, he could hear voices from inside. Oh good, they’re home, he thought. He recognized his brother’s voice, obviously, and Castiel’s…but there was a third voice as well. At first, this didn’t alarm him, he thought perhaps a friend of Castiel’s had stopped by.

Due to the nice weather, some of the windows were open, allowing Sam to hear what was being said inside pretty clearly. But then…

“Not after I worked so hard at making him into the perfect sex slave. It would just be a waste, really.” The unfamiliar voice said. Sex slave? What? Sam thought.

“How are you even here? You’re supposed to be in jail!” He heard Dean ask. He could hear the fear in Dean’s voice. He didn’t know what exactly was going on, but it clearly wasn’t good.

Sam crept around the house, looking for an open window he could squeeze through. Quickly and silently, he pulled himself up and through a window in Castiel’s office. Most people would have been surprised at how quietly Sam could move, considering he was such a big guy. Growing up, John had forced him and Dean to master multiple forms of martial arts, as well as weapons training, learning how to disarm an attacker with a gun, how to get out of handcuffs or zip ties…John didn’t want them to be unprepared in case they were ever confronted with a violent psychopath like whoever that had set the fire that killed their mother.

As much as Sam hated his father, he was grateful now for the training that allowed him to move silently through the house. He heard the man say “...I shoot Castiel and take Dean with me. Option two: Dean comes with me willingly and I leave Castiel tied up but otherwise unharmed.”

Shit, this is even worse than I thought. And he has a gun. Sam knew that he had to get the gun away from this psycho, whoever he was. He quickly made his way to the kitchen, where the voices were coming from. He saw a creepy looking guy pointing a gun at Dean and Castiel. For the slightest instant, he saw Dean’s eyes flicker towards him.

“Please, master,” Dean said to the gunman, “just let me kiss him goodbye before we go.” Sam instantly knew he was trying to distract the gunman to give Sam the chance to disarm him.

“Fine, whatever. Just make it quick. I don’t have all-”

Sam’s height and long reach made it almost easy. He wrapped one hand around the gunman’s neck and with the other, grabbed his wrist and twisted it, forcing him to loosen his grip on the gun.

Grabbing the gun, he threw the man to the floor and kept him down with a knee on his back.

Sam handed off the gun to Castiel, who kept it trained on Alastair. While Sam held Alastair down, Dean handcuffed him.

After restraining Alastair, Dean picked up the phone to call 911, but they could already hear sirens in the distance.

It was less than a minute before multiple police cars and an ambulance pulled up in front of Castiel’s house. 

As the cops read Alastair his rights, Jody explained what had happened.

“I don’t know how he managed it. Crowley’s a great lawyer, but even the best lawyer shouldn’t have been able to get Alastair released on bail. It doesn’t make sense. In any case, when I heard he’d been released I immediately called your home phone. When no one picked up, I tried your cell phone and it went to voicemail. I was already about to send a squad car over to Mr. Novak’s home when I was notified that the ankle bracelet Alastair was wearing had been disabled. At that point, I immediately dispatched four squad cars plus an ambulance in case that son of a bitch managed to hurt either one of you before we could get here. ”

Dean was sitting on the couch wrapped in a blanket, next to Castiel. Castiel had an arm around him protectively.

Sam felt shell-shocked. The same three words just kept echoing in his mind on a loop. Perfect sex slave, perfect sex slave, perfect sex slave…

He didn’t really know what Dean had gone through as a slave, and so far, he hadn’t asked. Sam guiltily admitted to himself that perhaps he hadn’t really wanted to know. Obviously Dean’s experiences as a slave wouldn’t have been good. Even the mildest form of slavery was still an atrocity against human rights. But even so…there were different levels of bad. Sam had naively hoped that Dean’s experiences had been towards the “not as bad” end of the spectrum. But he was beginning to realize that that was clearly not the case.

Eventually, the police left, after they’d finished collecting evidence and questioning the three of them. They’d asked if any of them needed to go to the hospital, but Dean shook his head with poorly concealed fear and Castiel had assured them that there was no need for a hospital. Of course, neither of them were physically injured, but going into shock was still a possibility after such a traumatic event.

After the cops left, Castiel and Dean decided to sleep in a hotel for the night. Neither one of them felt like spending the night in the same house where their lives had been threatened just hours before, and Sam couldn’t blame them.

Sam drove back to his small apartment, but sleep eluded him. He couldn’t stop thinking about what he’d overheard from Alastair. When Castiel had originally told him he’d found Dean working in a shop owned by Alastair, he’d assumed…he wasn’t sure what. A grocery store? A hardware store, perhaps?

He decided to Google “Alastair Smith.” Although the surname was, obviously, extremely common, the first name wasn’t. So Sam didn’t have to sift through a lot of irrelevant results to find what he was looking for.

The first result was a website for “Al’s Dungeon Sex Toy Emporium.” Sam’s eyes widened and he clicked on the link. The site offered a variety of sex toys that could be purchased online and either shipped to your address or picked up in store. But that wasn’t what Sam was interested in. He clicked on the “About Us” link at the bottom of the page.

There was a small headshot of Alastair and a blurb about the shop being an important part of the community for the past ten years, blah blah blah. Below that was a “staff” section with a picture of a pretty blonde woman (Ruby, assistant manager) and a gorgeous brunette (Ruby, sales associate.)

Below that it said “Shop Slaves” with the subheading “Our Beautiful Slaves are Here to Fulfill Your Every Desire!” There was a picture of Dean in nothing but a pair of tight black briefs, along with photos of three other twenty-somethings, also in nothing but skimpy underwear. 

Sam felt like he’d been punched in the stomach. So that’s what Alastair had meant. His mind raced, picturing all sorts of horrible scenarios, each worse than the last. Guilt overwhelmed him for a moment. I should have done more. I should have looked harder. Tried harder.

He closed his eyes and took a few deep breaths. Logically, he knew there was nothing he could have done. Even if he had found Dean, he wouldn’t have had the money to buy him. He was a poor college student. Even less “desirable” slaves still cost thousands of dollars. Sam didn’t have thousands of dollars. He could barely afford to put gas in his 15 year old car. Despite his preference for healthier foods, he often had to subsist on ramen or store brand mac ‘n’ cheese. There was no way he could have gotten the money to pay whatever Alastair would have asked for Dean.

Sam closed the tab with the sex shop website and scrolled down to the next result in his Google search. It was a news article. “Local Business Owner Arrested on Charges of Drug Trafficking, Kidnapping, Murder.” Sam clicked on the article.

Apparently, in addition to selling illegal drugs, Alastair had also been involved in a ring that kidnapped people and illegally sold them as slaves. While slavery was legal, there were still laws. You couldn’t just kidnap any random person and sell them. But that’s what Alastair had been involved in. He was also a suspect in a couple of murders. The article also mentioned that the police had found lists of clients, many of whom were also persons of interest in various criminal investigations.

The article also mentioned that his assistant manager had been arrested for aiding and abetting him in his criminal activities.

Sam rubbed his temples. He felt a headache coming on. This was all a lot to process. He glanced towards the bottle of whiskey sitting in a cabinet on the other side of the room. Sam didn’t usually drink a lot, he’d seen what alcohol had done to his father. But he had a drink every now and then. He had a rule, though - if he felt like he needed a drink, he wouldn’t have one.

Sam sighed. Then, he took an “Advil PM” and went to bed.

Chapter 29: Aftermath

Summary:

After being attacked by Alastair, Cas and Dean spend the night in a motel.

Chapter Text

Castiel locked the door to their hotel room and they put their bags down. Even though Alastair was behind bars (again), the idea of sleeping in the house where their lives had been threatened just hours before wasn’t very appealing to either of them.

Dean sat down on the bed and Castiel sat down next to him. “Are you sure you don’t want to go to the hospital, Dean? I know you’re not physically injured, but there’s still a chance you could go into shock…”

Dean shook his head and laughed bitterly. “I’m guessin’ you don’t know what it’s like for a slave to go to the hospital?”

“Er…no…what do you mean?” Castiel tilted his head and frowned in confusion.

“Well, for starters, slaves have to be chained at all times when in the hospital. Plus, unless you’re literally bleeding out - and sometimes even then - any free person is going to be seen before you. I’d just be sitting there in chains for hours .”

“Shit, I’m sorry Dean. I didn’t know.” Castiel looked down, ashamed of his ignorance.

“It’s okay, Cas. I just don’t really wanna go through all that if I don’t have to.” Dean rested his head on one of Castiel’s broad, muscular shoulders. To say he felt drained would be a vast understatement. He was so tired of being afraid. His whole life, ever since he was four, had been just one traumatic event after another.

Castiel wrapped an arm around Dean’s waist. He wished there was more he could do to help the young man. Yes, he had taken him away from that monster, and soon Dean would no longer be a slave. But that wouldn’t magically fix the years of trauma he’d suffered.

“Dean, I…have a suggestion. An idea? A request? I’m not sure…”

“What is it, Cas?” Dean asked softly.

“After you’re free. Maybe you could start seeing a therapist. I’d be more than happy to pay for it, of course…”

“A shrink?” Dean tensed. He knew what his dad would have to say about that. Real men didn’t go to shrinks to talk about their feelings. Hell, even a woman who went to one was…suspect. Weak. But it was especially unacceptable for a man to go. “I…I don’t know about getting my head shrunk. Talkin’ to someone about my feelings ain’t gonna change what happened. It’s always gonna be there.”

“I know, Dean,” Castiel said sympathetically. “And I’m certainly not going to force you to go - it’s your choice. But it can help to have someone to talk to, a professional, even though it doesn’t change what happened in the past. After my mother disowned me for being queer, I saw a therapist for a little while. And I do think it helped me.”

“Yeah?” Dean said tentatively.

“Her name is Missouri Mosely. I haven’t been to her for therapy in years, but we still keep in touch. She’s wonderful. Of course, you don’t have to see her , I’ll take you to any therapist you like. But her, I can personally vouch for.”

Dean nodded silently. He still didn’t really trust shrinks, but he trusted Castiel. If Cas said she was good people, he believed him. “Yeah. Okay. I…I’ll think about it. Going to see her.”

“Okay, Dean.” Castiel’s eyes crinkled and he kissed Dean on the temple.

“I think I’m gonna take a shower, Cas.” Dean said. He wanted to wash off the smell of sweat and fear.

“Of course, Dean.” Castiel nodded.

“Would, um…would you join me?” He blushed. “I mean not, um, in the shower. Just…stay in the bathroom with me? I just…don’t wanna be alone right now.”

“Oh! Of course I will, Dean. Whatever you need.” 

Dean relaxed slightly. “Thanks, Cas. I’m, uh, gonna go get in the shower then.” Dean went into the bathroom, leaving the door open, and quickly disrobed. He turned the shower on as hot as he could stand it and got in. Castiel followed him into the bathroom and sat down on the toilet. 

He tried not to imagine Dean, naked and wet, just feet from him. Of course, he’d seen Dean naked before, at Alastair’s shop. So it was very easy to imagine what he might look like in the shower. His cock twitched.

“Cas?” Dean said over the sound of the shower.

“Yes?”

“Could you, um, talk to me?”

“Of course. About what?”

“Um. Anything, really. Doesn’t matter. I just…wanna hear your voice.”

“Of course, Dean.” Castiel said. He thought for a moment. What to talk about? Of course, being asked to talk, his mind immediately went blank. But there was one subject he could always talk about…at great length. Bees .

“Alright. So…bees evolved from predatory wasps around 120 million years ago.” Castiel regaled Dean with information about the evolution of bees while he showered. Then, he segued into folklore and superstitions surrounding bees.

“...one common tradition is telling the bees when there is a death in the family. It was believed that if the bees were not properly informed, they would stop producing honey, or simply leave the hive.”

Dean turned off the shower. “Huh. That’s actually pretty interesting, Cas. I’m, uh, gonna get out of the shower now.”

Castiel politely turned around while Dean got out of the shower and dried himself off.

“Do you mind if I shower?” Castiel asked.

“Course not, Cas.” Dean said. He went out into the main hotel room, leaving the bathroom door cracked. Castiel quickly undressed and hopped in the shower. Thankfully, there was still hot water. 

Dean quickly redressed in a pair of plaid pajama pants and a white t-shirt. He went back into the bathroom and sat on the toilet while Castiel showered.

 

After they were both clean, they crawled into bed. Dean wondered if he’d even be able to sleep after everything that had happened today.

“May I spoon you?” Castiel asked politely, almost formally.

“Yeah, Cas. Please.” If there was anything that would help him feel even a little safety right now, it was Cas wrapped around him.

Castiel crawled into bed behind Dean and wrapped his arms around him. He ran a thumb over Dean’s knuckles gently and kissed the top of his head.

“I’m not sure I’m gonna be able to sleep,” Dean admitted.

“Would you like me to talk to you more about bees?”

Dean smiled. Castiel was far too adorable, while somehow being extremely hot, even dominant, at the same time. It was very sexy. “Yeah, I would.”

“Thousands of years ago, on Crete, there was a cult dedicated to sacred bees…”

It did take Dean a while to fall asleep, even with the soothing rumble of Castiel’s voice. But he eventually drifted off.

At first, he dreamed of Castiel as a beekeeper in Greece. But then, the dream changed. He was strapped to a table, naked. Alastair approached him, wielding a knife. But his eyes, his eyes were white. Completely white, no pupils or irises. He raised the knife…but then, there was a light. Castiel appeared, but he didn’t look like his ordinary self either. He was wearing armor, like a medieval knight, and great wings sprouted from his back. He wielded a flaming sword. Effortlessly, he ran Alastair through with his blade, and he immediately crumbled to dust.

In the way of dreams, the sword vanished. Castiel gathered Dean close to him, held him to his chest. “Let’s go home, Dean.” A light came from his eyes, glowing brighter and brighter…and brighter…

Dean opened his eyes and squinted. A ray of sunlight was shining through a gap in the motel curtains.

“Are you awake, Dean?”

“Mm. Yeah, I guess so,” Dean said sleepily.

“We should get going soon. It’s 10, and checkout is at 11. Although, if you feel you need to sleep more, I could call and ask for late checkout…”

“Nah, Cas, that’s okay.” Dean said groggily. “Do they have breakfast here?”

“Yes, I believe they do have a breakfast buffet.”

 

The motel actually had a pretty nice breakfast buffet, featuring scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, make-your-own waffles, a variety of pastries, some fruit, and of course cereal and milk. Dean served himself a large amount of bacon, as well as some eggs, a couple pieces of sausage, and a waffle. Castiel had a more reasonable amount of bacon, a waffle, and a banana.

 

After finishing their food, they checked out and drove back to Castiel’s house. Donna was parked across the street in an unmarked car. They nodded at her and she smiled and gave them a thumbs up.

Castiel opened the mailbox and pulled out a few pieces of mail. Gas bill. A company trying to get him to change his car insurance. And…an official looking envelope that said “Oregon Department of Emancipations.” His eyes widened and he ripped it open.

“Dean! The paperwork, it’s here! We can go down to the courthouse and get you officially freed today!”

Chapter 30: Freedom

Summary:

Finally, Dean's emancipation paperwork is processed, and he and Castiel go to the courthouse to finalize his emancipation.

Notes:

CW: medical stuff, needles

Chapter Text

As they drove towards the courthouse, Dean felt a growing sense of trepidation. He just knew something bad would happen. He didn’t know what, but something would happen that would prevent him from being freed. Maybe they’d get in a car accident. Maybe there’d be some mistake with the paperwork. Maybe…

“Dean?” Castiel’s voice pulled him back to the present. “Are you alright?”

“Yeah. I’m just feelin’ a little nervous, I guess. Worried something’s gonna go wrong. I know it’s stupid.”

“It’s not stupid. But, I promise you, everything will be fine.” Castiel reached his right hand across the seat and took Dean’s left hand in his. Dean relaxed slightly, but he still felt pretty nervous.

“Dean, if you open the glove compartment, there’s a CD booklet in there…”

Dean obediently opened the glove compartment and removed the CD booklet.

“Can you take out the third CD in there and put it in the car’s CD player, please?”

Dean looked at the CD and made a face. “Enya? Really?”

“It’s very soothing!” Castiel insisted.

Dean shrugged and put the disc in the CD player.

It was actually kinda soothing, although he’d never admit it.

For a little while, they drove in silence, listening to the music.

After a few minutes, Dean piped up, “you were in my dream last night, Cas.”

“Oh?” Castiel responded, looking at Dean with interest before returning his eyes to the road.

“Yeah. I was, um. Alastair had me strapped to a table. But he didn’t look…normal. His eyes were all freaky, they were just white, no pupils.” Castiel squeezed his hand. “And he was coming towards me with a knife. But then…you were there. And you were wearing this cool armor, like a knight. And you had a flaming sword. And huge wings…and you stabbed Alastair and he just…turned to dust. And then you wrapped your arm around me, and held me close to you. Like this.” Dean demonstrated by wrapping his right arm over his chest, with his hand on his left shoulder.

Castiel smiled at Dean softly. He wished, for a moment, that he did have wings, so he could wrap Dean up in them and keep him safe from anything that might ever want to hurt him.

 

***

About twenty minutes later, Castiel pulled into a parking spot a couple blocks from the courthouse. He gave Dean’s hand a reassuring squeeze. “Ready?”

Dean smiled tremulously. “Ready.”

 

As they approached the courthouse, they saw a crowd of people in front of the building, chanting and waving signs. As they got a bit closer, and were able to see what was written on the signs, they realized that the group of people were anti-slavery activists.

As they started to go up the stairs to go inside, one of the protesters, a teenage girl with long blonde hair turned towards them. Her eyes zeroed in on Dean’s collar. She looked at Castiel with disgust.

“Is that your slave?” She spit out, glaring at Castiel. The other protestors turned to look at them as well.

“Um, well, technically yes. But we’re going into the courthouse so I can sign the papers to free him.”

Her expression softened slightly, but she was still glaring at him. “That’s good, but it’s disgusting that you ever owned a human being in the first place.”

A young red-haired woman stepped between them. “Claire…” she said placatingly.

“It’s all right,” Castiel said. “I agree with her. Owning human beings is a disgusting practice. The only reason I bought Dean in the first place was so I could set him free.”

Both young women looked slightly surprised. “Really?” The red-haired woman said.

“Really,” Dean confirmed. “After he bought me, as soon as the courthouse opened on Monday, we went down here and he filed the papers to have me emancipated. Now, the paperwork’s gone through and he just needs to sign a few more things and then…I’ll be free. Cas is a good guy. He saved me.” He smiled at Castiel.

“Oh! Wow. Uh. Sorry.” Claire said. “I didn’t mean to…uh…yeah.” She looked down awkwardly and scuffed her foot on the ground.

“It’s quite all right,” Castiel said calmly. “But if you’ll excuse us, we need to go inside so I can finish signing the paperwork to free Dean.”

“Right! Of course.” Claire said.

 

Dean and Castiel entered the courthouse and went upstairs to the office of Slave Emancipation Records.

The same woman who had assisted them previously, Hannah, was sitting behind the desk as they entered the office. There were a couple people in line ahead of them, but they only had to wait a few minutes till they got to the front of the line.

“Hello, I’m here to finish freeing my slave,” Castiel said, trying not to wince as he said “my slave.”

“Of course, sir. Do you have the paperwork we sent you?”

“Yes, of course.” Castiel handed over the papers.

“Excellent.” She took the documents and looked them over. “Okay, I just need to scan the tags on his collar again.”

Dean leaned over the desk and she scanned the tags with a handheld scanner. It beeped a couple times.

“Okay, now I need to scan his chip so it can be deleted from the system.” Dean rolled up the sleeve of his t-shirt to reveal the location of the RFID chip. Hannah quickly scanned it, using a different device than she had for his tags. She typed something into her computer.

“Okay, Mr. Novak, please sign here and here, and initial here.”

Castiel signed his name and initials on the document as requested.

“And, Mr. Winchester, please sign here and initial here.”

Dean quickly scribbled his signature and initials.

Hannah took a large stamp and stamped “EMANCIPATED” in red ink on the documents.

She smiled at them politely. “Congratulations, Mr. Winchester. You are officially free. Now, if you’ll just follow my colleague over to the medical office, we’ll get your chip removed and fix your tattoo.

A pretty young woman with dark brown hair and blue eyes, wearing a nametag that said “Hael” walked up to them. “Please follow me,” she said, and turned to walk down a hallway. Dean and Castiel followed her.

She led them into a doctor’s office type room. “Please have a seat. I’ll have that chip out of your arm in no time.”

Dean sat down. He felt a little nauseous. This wasn’t the same room they’d taken him to when he first became enslaved and they gave him a medical exam - but it looked pretty similar. He took a few deep breaths. It’s okay. Nothing bad it’s going to happen. You’re free now. He told himself.

“Okay,” she said, “I’m going to inject you with this to numb the area first. It’ll burn a bit, but only for a few seconds.”

Dean nodded and swallowed hard. He wasn’t afraid of needles per se - but there were multiple occasions where Alastair had drugged him. Sometimes by injection. Other times there were drugs in his food or water. Or sometimes Alastair would force him to swallow pills. It’s okay, he told himself again. She’s not giving you anything crazy. You’re free, she can’t just inject you with whatever drugs she feels like. It’d be illegal.

Dean rolled up the sleeve of his t-shirt. Hael sanitized the area with an alcohol wipe. “Okay, just a slight pinch…” she said. He felt a painful burning sensation that intensified and then faded away after a moment. Dean didn’t wince. He’d been through much worse.

“Okay, you’re doing great. I’m going to remove the chip now.” Hael took a scalpel and made a tiny incision in Dean’s upper arm. Thanks to the numbing agent, he didn’t feel anything. Hael quickly removed the tiny chip with a pair of forceps and dropped it on a metal tray. Then, she cleaned and bandaged the small incision.

“Okay, all done!” She said cheerfully. “The tattoo artist will be in in a moment.”

“Tattoo artist?” Castiel asked, tilting his head.

“Yes,” she said. “When a slave is emancipated, we tattoo a small red square over their slave mark so that no one will think they are still enslaved.”

“Ah. I see.”

Hael left the room, closing the door behind her. Castiel took Dean’s hand and laced their fingers together. Dean gave him a small, tired smile and rested his head on Castiel’s shoulder.

“Do you mind if I take this off?” Castiel asked, pointing at Dean’s collar.

“Oh shit, yeah. Take it off. I can’t believe I forgot I was wearing it…”

Castiel’s long fingers brushed against Dean’s neck as he unbuckled the collar. Dean’s breath hitched slightly. Castiel’s heart beat a little faster.

“Do you want to throw it away?” Castiel asked, pointing at the trash can nearby.

“Hm…can we burn it when we get home?” Dean asked.

“Absolutely.” Castiel put the collar in a pocket of his trench coat.

A few minutes later, there was a knock at the door. 

“Come in,” Castiel said.

A young man with a mullet entered the room. “Hey guys. You’re Dean Winchester, right?” He asked.

“Yes,” Dean said.

“Awesome! I’m Ash. I’ll be fixing up your tat.” He started setting up his tattoo gun and ink on a table. He sanitized Dean’s shoulder and then applied a small stencil. 

“Okay, I’m gonna start now. This shouldn’t take long.” The tattoo machine started to buzz. It hurt a little, but Dean had endured much worse. It wasn’t long at all before he’d finished tattooing the red square over the small red “X” that had marked Dean as a slave. Ash placed a bandage on the tattoo. 

“Okay, try to keep that bandage on for 3 or 4 hours.” He handed Dean a sheet of paper. “Here’s the tattoo aftercare instructions. Oh, and rub this on the tattoo a couple times a day.” He handed Dean a small jar of some kind of cream or ointment. “Once that’s healed, you can get something else tattooed over it, if you like. It’s up to you.”

“Okay,” Dean said.

Ash handed him a business card. “I’m not really supposed to do this, but here’s a card for my buddy’s tattoo shop. He’s an awesome tattoo artist, and I’m not just sayin’ that because we’re friends. Oh, and if you mention me, he’ll give you 10% off.”

“Cool, thanks,” Dean replied.

“Well, you’re all set! Have a good one! Oh, and, uh, congrats.” Ash offered Dean a fist bump, which he returned.

 

Dean and Castiel walked out of the courthouse, hand in hand. Dean felt a huge sense of relief, of course, but he felt kind of numb at the same time. It was hard to believe it really was over. He was really free.

As they walked down the stairs, the anti-slavery protesters were still there. When they saw Dean and Cas, they all turned to look at them.

“So…you’re free now?” The redhead asked hopefully.

“Yup,” Dean replied with a tired smile.

The protestors all started cheering and clapping and hugging each other. Dean smiled awkwardly. He was happy, of course, but all the attention made him feel a little uncomfortable.

“By the way,” the redhead said, “I’m Charlie.” She handed Dean a pamphlet. “This has some information about the work our organization is doing to end slavery for good. And there’s also some info about resources for freed slaves.”

“Thanks,” Dean replied. He put the pamphlet in his pocket. He was sure their organization was great, but he just didn’t want to think about all that right now.

Cas and Dean started walking back to the car. “Do you want to stop for lunch?” Castiel asked. “It’s almost noon.”

“Nah,” Dean said. He was a bit hungry, but he was also exhausted, both emotionally and due to not sleeping very well the previous night. “I’m feeling pretty tired. Maybe we can eat something at home, and then take a nap?”

“Of course, Dean.” He kissed Dean on the cheek.

Chapter 31: Grilled Cheese & Apple Pie

Summary:

Things get steamy between Dean and Castiel...both literally and figuratively.

Chapter Text

Dean yawned as Castiel pulled the car into his garage. As happy as he was to finally be free, the events of the past few days had left him feeling incredibly drained. He felt like he could sleep for a week.

They walked inside and Castiel locked the door behind them. He tossed his keys into the little wooden tray with a bumblebee carved into it. “Why don’t you lie down on the couch while I make you something to eat?” Castiel suggested.

“Sure. Thanks, Cas.” He directed a tired smile at his…not master. Friend? Boyfriend? No, not that. Not yet. But he hoped, maybe, soon.

Dean toed off his shoes and flopped down on the couch, pulling a worn quilt over him. Patches of fabric printed with sunflowers alternated with pieces of sky blue cloth. Dean closed his eyes and drifted off to sleep before he knew it.

A short time later, Castiel gently tapped Dean on the shoulder. He slowly opened his eyes. Something smelled delicious.

“Lunch is ready, Dean,” he said softly.

“Mm. Okay. Smells good, Cas. Is that bacon?”

Castiel nodded. 

Dean smiled when he saw what Castiel had made them. Tomato soup with grilled cheese sandwiches was among his favorite comfort foods.

“I made the sandwiches with a combination of cheddar and mozzarella cheese, plus bacon.” Castiel explained. “I’m not much of a cook, but I make a pretty good grilled cheese.”

“Looks awesome, Cas!” Dean said enthusiastically. He took a bite of cheesy, melty, bacony goodness and moaned a little. “Fuck, that might be the best grilled cheese I’ve ever had.” He dunked a corner of the sandwich in the tomato soup and took another bite. Castiel blushed a little.

“Thank you, Dean. I’m glad you like it.” He took a bite of his own sandwich.

 

As they finished their meal, Dean was yawning again. “I just feel so drained from the past few days. Well, the past few years really, I guess. It’s just hard to believe it’s over. I’m really free.”

“I think it’s only natural that it would take you a little time to get used to being free again,” Castiel said.

“Yeah, I guess. I just…feel like I don’t know how to let go, how to let myself relax again.”

“Hm. I might be able to help with that.”

 

***

 

The large tub in Castiel’s ensuite was already half full of steaming hot water. “So, what kind of bubble bath would you like? I have ‘lavender vanilla’, ‘milk & honey’, and ‘apple cinnamon’.”

“Apple cinnamon for sure,” Dean said without hesitation. Bubble bath that smelled like apple pie was obviously the correct choice.

Dean started to unbutton his shirt. “Would you…like to join me?” He asked hopefully.

“Would you like that?” Castiel asked tentatively. There was nothing he’d like more than a hot bath with a naked, wet Dean. But he didn’t want to push. 

“Yeah. I would.” Dean smiled shyly, ducking his head.

“Okay. In that case…I would love to join you.”

“Awesome,” Dean said, his eyes crinkling.

Castiel started to unbutton his white dress shirt and Dean continued unbuttoning his flannel shirt. Dean licked his lips as Castiel uncovered more and more smooth, tanned skin.

Finally, they were both down to just their boxers. Castiel pushed his down first. Dean’s eyes widened ever so slightly. Even soft, Cas’ cock was an impressive size. Not that Dean was exactly small, but…damn.

Castiel kissed Dean softly on the lips, then slowly stepped into the bath. Dean got in and sat between Cas’ legs, his back to Castiel’s chest. Cas wrapped his arms around Dean’s waist. Dean sighed softly, a little of the tension starting to flow out of his body. He leaned back against Cas’ broad chest and closed his eyes. Castiel kissed his neck lightly.

“Feeling any better?”

“Starting to, yeah.” Dean smiled slightly.

Castiel poured a little shower gel into his hands and started to use it to massage Dean’s shoulders. Dean couldn’t help moaning slightly as Cas’ strong hands worked the tension out of his muscles. He worked his thumbs into Dean’s neck muscles and he moaned again. Dean wondered about what it might be like to have Cas’ hands around his neck in other circumstances. He didn’t necessarily want Cas to choke him, exactly, but…

Under the copious bubbles, Dean’s cock started to get hard. Against his lower back, he could feel that Cas was starting to get hard too. He shifted position slightly so that he rubbed against Castiel’s dick a little. Cas let out a soft gasp and dug his fingers into Dean’s shoulders.

“Dean…” Cas growled.

“Cas?”

“I…fuck, I want you so much right now. But I don’t want to make you uncomfortable. I don’t want to push you to do anything you aren’t ready for, I swear…”

“I know, Cas. I know you’d never do that.” Dean reached up and squeezed Castiel’s hand. “But I want you too. So much. It feels like we’ve been waiting forever…”

Castiel leaned down and kissed Dean’s shoulder. “Can I touch you, baby?”

Please .”

Castiel reached under the water and wrapped his hand around Dean’s half hard cock. Dean whined softly and leaned his head back against Cas’ shoulder. He could feel Cas getting harder.

Cas started to stroke Dean’s cock with his right hand, his left arm wrapped around Dean’s waist. Dean bit his lip to hold back his moans.

“None of that, sweetheart,” Castiel whispered in his ear. “I want to hear all the pretty sounds you make.”

“Oh, fuck…” Dean whimpered. He struggled not to thrust his hips up too much, not wanting to cause the bathwater to spill out of the tub.

Castiel’s left hand stroked up Dean’s torso and over his left nipple. He pinched it lightly.

“Oh god, Cas…” Dean moaned loudly.

“Mm, do you like that, baby?”

“F-fuck, yes!”

“Good.” Castiel pinched his nipple a little harder.

Oh .” Dean wrapped his hands around the edges of the bathtub and held on for dear life. The pleasure was exquisite. 

Castiel stroked Dean’s cock faster. “Cas, please…” he groaned.

“That’s it. Come for me, sweetheart.” Castiel twisted his wrist as he stroked over the head of Dean’s cock and groaned loudly as he spilled his release into the bathwater. Moments later, he felt Castiel come against his back.

Dean panted as his heartbeat slowly returned to normal. “Fuck, Cas, that was…wow.” He sagged back against Castiel’s chest.

“It wasn’t too much?” Castiel asked, a hint of anxiety in his voice.

“Fuck, no, it was perfect. And I definitely feel more relaxed now.” Dean grinned lazily.

“Good. I didn’t mean to, um…”

“Come in the bath? Well, it was hot as hell.” Dean twisted around to give Castiel a kiss. He saw that Cas was blushing slightly. He wondered how it was possible for anyone to be so sexy and so adorable at the same time.

Chapter 32: Family

Summary:

Sam has dinner with Dean and Castiel, and they get a chance to talk. Dean gets a surprising package in the mail.

Notes:

Sorry it's been so long between updates!

Chapter Text

Three Weeks Later



Although Sam was extremely busy studying for the bar exam, he had managed to carve out some time one evening to have dinner with Dean and Castiel, since their previous attempt to have dinner…hadn’t exactly worked out as planned, to put it mildly.

Dean and Castiel were about to head out to the grocery store to buy the ingredients for dinner. Dean was planning to make rosemary garlic chicken with oven roasted zucchini and garlic bread.

“Okay,” Dean said, staring at the list in his hand, “chicken breasts, rosemary, garlic, zucchini, French bread…oh, and some wine. Is that everything?”

“Yes, I believe so. Maybe we can pick up something for dessert as well…perhaps some gelato?”

“Er…what’s ‘gelato’?” Dean asked. He hoped it wasn’t some kind of weird “healthy” dessert.

“It’s similar to ice cream, but…even better.”

“Oh! Yeah, sounds great. Maybe some pie to go with it?”

  “I like the way you think.”

Castiel grabbed his keys and they stepped out the front door. For a moment, Dean was gripped by a feeling of mild panic. He froze in place, tensing up.

“Dean, is something wrong?” Castiel asked with concern.

Dean took a deep breath and shook his head. “No…not exactly. It’s just…you know, for years, I was wearing a collar almost all the time, but especially when I went outside. It’s illegal for a slave to be out in public without their collar, and if you’re caught, the punishment can be…pretty harsh. I know I don’t have to wear it anymore, I don’t want to wear it anymore…but like, a part of me is still afraid I’m gonna be arrested and hauled off to jail and caned…”

“Wait, caned?”

“Yeah. First offense for a slave going outside without their collar, ten strokes of the cane.”

“Jesus Christ.” Castiel shook his head in disgust.

“Yeah. Anyway…I’ll be okay, I think it’s just gonna take a little while before I can go outside without feeling kinda nervous.” Dean shrugged.

“Okay,” Castiel said, and squeezed Dean’s hand reassuringly.

 

***

 

About an hour later, Dean and Castiel returned home with the groceries. As they approached the front door of Castiel’s house, Dean saw something lying on the porch. A large padded envelope. As he got closer, he could see it was addressed to him. There was no return address on it, just an “M” where a return address label would normally go. But it didn’t matter, he could easily recognize Michael’s ornate, slightly old-fashioned handwriting.

“What’s that?” Castiel asked, pulling out his house keys.

“I don’t know, but whatever it is, it’s from Michael.”

“Hm.” Castiel frowned slightly as he unlocked the front door. Even though Michael had apologized to Dean, Castiel was still none too fond of him. 

Castiel sat the groceries down on the countertop as Dean opened the envelope.

“Holy shit!”

Castiel spun around in alarm.

Sitting on the floor, Dean was surrounded with stacks of cash that had spilled out of the large envelope.

Castiel’s jaw dropped open in surprise.

“Holy fuck, there’s over a hundred thousand dollars here!” Dean said, sorting through the piles of cash.

“Michael gave that to you?” 

“Yeah.” Dean unfolded a piece of paper and began to read. “Dean, I know there’s no way I can truly make up for everything I did to you. But I’m hoping this money will at least help you get a fresh start in life. I’m not supposed to tell anyone this, but I turned state’s evidence. I want to do what I can to help bring my father’s criminal organization down. They’ve hurt too many people. However, Chuck doesn’t take kindly to people who betray him, so Adam and I are going into witness protection. You won’t hear from me again. I wish you all the best, Dean.”

Dean put down the letter, blinking slowly in shock. “Holy shit. Holy shit.” He repeated.

Castiel sat down on the floor next to him. “Are you alright, Dean?”

“Yeah…I just…I don’t even know what to do with this. I don’t think I’ve ever had more than $1000 to my name at one time before. And the only times I had that much, was when I had a real good night hustling pool. I don’t know what to do with this much money.”

“Well, if you like, I can make an appointment with a financial adviser for you. They can help you invest it wisely. Or we could just put it in a savings account for the time being, until you’ve had some time to think about it. Whatever you want.” He wrapped an arm around Dean’s shoulders.

“Yeah…that’s a good idea, Cas. Let’s put it in a savings account for now.”

“Okay.” Castiel kissed Dean on the forehead. “Let’s lock it up until we can do that, I have a safe in my office.”

“Good thinking.”

 

***

 

At quarter after six, the doorbell rang. Cautious after the events of the past couple weeks, Castiel made sure to peek out the window to confirm it was actually Sam before he opened the door. Dean trotted towards the door, still wearing his oven mitts. He’d just taken the garlic bread out of the oven.

Castiel opened the door. “Sam! Come on in!”

“Sammy!” Dean said, pulling off his oven mitts. He gave his not-so-little brother a hug.

“Dean! It’s so good to see you again!” He hugged his brother back. “Good to see you as well, Castiel,” he said more formally, sticking out his hand. He and Cas shook hands politely.

“Mm, it smells great in here!” Sam said enthusiastically.

“We’re having rosemary garlic chicken, oven roasted zucchini, and garlic bread.”

“Sounds awesome! You cooked all this, Dean?”

“Yeah, but Cas helped.”

“Cool!”

 

They all sat down at the kitchen table and passed the food around. For a few minutes, there wasn’t much conversation as they all dug in to their food.

“This is delicious, Dean,” Sam said.

“Thanks, Sammy. So, uh, how’s school going?
“Good. I’m studying for the bar exam now, I’ll be taking it in a couple weeks.”

“I’d wish you luck, but you won’t need it. You were always the smart one.”

Both Sam and Castiel frowned. “Dean, that’s not true. There’s a lot more to being smart than just having a degree. Some of the guys I was in law school with didn’t know their ass from their elbow.” Sam said.

Dean shrugged. “Yeah, okay. Anyway, who wants dessert?” He got up and started serving everyone slices of cherry pie with vanilla bean gelato.

As they were finishing up their desserts, Dean screwed up his courage. “So, uh, Sam…have you heard from dad at all, since…”

“Since I went to college and told him I never wanted to speak to him again? Kind of. After my first year at college, I was staying with Bobby over the summer. Dad somehow found out I was there and came to see me. Or tried to. I refused to speak with him. Bobby ended up having to threaten him with a shotgun to get him to leave.”

“Wow.”

“Yeah. Anyway, near the end of that summer, shortly before I was going to start classes again, he came back. He didn’t insist on trying to talk to me this time. He drove there in the Impala, and left it with Bobby. Then he got in a car with some other guy - I think Bobby said his name was Rufus - and they drove off together.”

“Wait, Bobby has the Impala?? Why are you driving that piece of crap if you could be driving Baby?”

Sam made a bitchface. “Dean, I can barely afford to keep the tank of my Nissan filled. Have you seen gas prices lately? The Impala is a great car, but there’s no way I can afford to drive a gas guzzler like that right now. Besides...I figured you’d want to be the one to fix her up when you…got back.”

“Yeah…wait, what do you mean ‘fix her up’? What happened to her?” Dean said with alarm.

“It’s nothing too serious, a few scratches, a broken taillight. I guess dad drove it after having one too many beers sometimes.” Sam scowled. “Bobby wanted to repair it himself, but I told him you’d want to do it.”

“Damn straight. How is Bobby, anyway?”

“He’s good. It’s been a few months since I’ve talked to him, I’ve been so busy with school and interning and studying…shit, I haven’t told him about you yet! He’s gonna be pissed I didn’t tell him right away.” Sam looked down guiltily. 

“I’m sure he’ll understand, you’ve had a lot on your plate,” Castiel said.

“Well,” Dean said, gulping down the last of his glass of wine, “no time like the present. Do you have Bobby’s number?”

“Yeah, of course.” Sam pulled his cell phone out of his pocket and looked up Bobby in his address book. “It’s (605) 555-7214.”

“Thanks, Sammy.” Dean picked up Castiel’s landline phone and dialed in the number.

A gruff voice answered. “Singer Auto & Salvage.”

“Hey, Bobby…it’s me.” Dean said nervously.

“... Dean??”

Chapter 33: On the Road

Summary:

Dean and Castiel take a road trip out to Sioux Falls to see Bobby.

Chapter Text

It’s over 1500 miles from Portland to Sioux Falls. Not a short drive. Of course, they could have taken a plane, but Dean had a phobia of flying. And besides, he jumped at the chance for a road trip. The freedom to just drive around, go where you wanted…yet another thing that was taken from him when he became a slave.

After Dean had been officially freed, one of the first things he’d done was go take a driving test to reapply for a driver’s license. Slaves could only have drivers licenses if their owners approved it, and none of the people who had owned Dean had any interest in allowing him to drive.

Sam wasn’t driving out with them because he had the bar exam coming up. But he’d promised to fly out and join them as soon as his exams were over. So it was just Dean and Cas in Castiel’s car. They’d decided to break up the drive into a few days. That way, they could enjoy the trip. Stop and do a little sightseeing along the way.

The first day, they left just after 6AM. Their goal was to make it to Butte, Montana, about a ten hour drive. That meant each of them had to drive for about 5 hours.

The drive to Butte was fairly uneventful, but Dean enjoyed being behind the wheel of a car again. It felt great to be on the open road.

They arrived in Butte around 6pm. Dean, of course, insisted that they take a photo with the town’s sign. He stood in front of the ‘e’ and grinned, pointing at the town’s name. Then, they checked into their hotel. It was a historic building from the 1920s. When they were checking in, the hotel concierge let them know that there was a drive-in theater in town that was showing its last movie that evening before they closed for the season.

They both immediately agreed they should go to the drive-in theater, after grabbing a quick burger for dinner.

The theater was showing The Incredible Hulk. Cas and Dean settled the bucket of popcorn between them, and put their sodas in the car’s cup holders. Dean grinned at Cas and stuffed a handful of popcorn in his mouth.

Dean hadn’t been to a movie since…before. He even remembered the last movie he’d seen in a theater, Van Helsing . Just a few weeks later, Sam had been kidnapped and then everything had gone to hell.

Dean pushed the unpleasant memories out of his mind and focused on the movie.

 

***

 

They drove the short distance back to their hotel, laughing and chatting about the movie. They’d both enjoyed it immensely. It was so nice to do something…normal.

As soon as they got back to their hotel room, they started getting ready for bed. They wanted to get an early start the next morning, as they would have another long day of driving ahead of them. Their plan was to make it to Rapid City, which was more than an 8 hour drive from Butte.

Dean changed into his hot dog pants and a t-shirt, and Cas put on his bumblebee pajamas. Dean teased Cas a little about the dorky pajamas, but the truth was, he found them adorable. Well, really, it was Cas who he thought was adorable. Castiel was so cute and sweet and gentle most of the time. 

And yet, that wasn’t all there was to him. Dean could tell he had a dominant side, although he’d only gotten a slight taste of it as of yet. But he wanted more. Maybe, he thought, once they got back home from visiting Bobby, he could talk with Castiel about exploring BDSM. Dean felt a frission of arousal curl through him as he imagined Cas tying him to the bed and fucking him. He’d never told Cas this, but he’d jerked off more than a few times thinking of the day he’d met Castiel. How Cas had watched him with darkened eyes as the machine had fucked him. How he’d gently caressed him as the machine brought him to orgasm, and stroked his hair after. Dean’s offer to suck Cas’s cock then had been completely genuine.

They sat in bed watching TV for a short time before turning in. Castiel flipped through the channels aimlessly.

“...and this gold-filled cubic zirconia ring is available now for only $29.99! Act now, call our toll free number…”

“The Montana Grizzlies beat the Montana State Bobcats 37 to…”

“The trial of Alastair Smith began today. Mr. Smith has been charged with drug trafficking, racketeering, sexual assault, kidnapping, attempted kidnapping, attempted murder…”

Castiel glanced at Dean. “Do you want me to change the channel? Or…”

“No, leave it. I want to know what’s happening with that son of a bitch. I need to know.”

Castiel nodded and squeezed Dean’s hand.

“...if convicted on all counts, Mr. Smith faces up to 197 years in prison.”

“Good.” Dean said. “Do you…think they’ll want me to testify? Or us? I mean, he did try to kill you…”

“Jody said it was up to us. They have so much evidence against him, they should have no trouble convicting him without our testimony. But, if we were to testify, it would be later in the trial.”

Dean nodded. “I…I think I want to. I want that bastard put away for as long as possible. I don’t want him to have any chance of parole, if there’s anything I can do about it.”

“That’s very brave of you, Dean.”

“Nah.” Dean shrugged. “I just wanna make sure that piece of shit gets what’s coming to him.”

Castiel nodded and kissed him on the cheek.

“...now, on to the 2008 presidential election. Barak Obama has…”

After a few more minutes, they turned off the television and turned in for the night.

Dean fell asleep fairly easily, but towards dawn, he started to have nightmares.

Dean was chained to the wall. Alastair approached him holding a cat o’ nine tails. The ends were tipped with sharp metal barbs. Alastair’s eyes were solid black. He raised the whip and brought it down over Dean’s chest. He screamed.
“Please, stop, please…”

Castiel heard Dean crying out in his sleep and gently shook him awake.

“Dean?”

Dean opened his eyes with a soft gasp. For a moment, he looked terrified, but then he saw Castiel and the fear drained from his face.

“Hey, Cas.” He sighed and rubbed his eyes. “Another nightmare about Alastair.” Dean bit his lip. “Am I ever going to be free of that bastard?”

“You are free of him, Dean. He’s never going to hurt you again, I swear. I won’t lie to you, it may take a long time for the nightmares to completely go away. But that bastard will never touch you again.”

Dean nodded and gave Cas a shaky smile. “Well…I don’t think I’m gonna fall back asleep after that…what do you say we get an early start?”

“I think that’s an excellent idea.”

 

***

 

Since they’d gotten such an early start, they had a little extra time to kill. Dean suggested they stop in Deadwood on their way to Rapid City. Castiel, seeing how excited Dean seemed about seeing the historic town, readily agreed. It was barely even out of their way, and less than an hour’s drive from Rapid City.

They arrived in Deadwood at little after 3 o’clock. Dean was thrilled to see the town where infamous figures like Wild Bill Hickock and Calamity Jane had spent time. He even insisted they buy matching cowboy hats at one of the town’s gift shops. Castiel thought he looked a little silly in his hat, but it made Dean so happy, he went along with it cheerfully. He couldn’t help noticing how Dean looked at him when he was wearing the hat. How his pupils dilated and he licked his lips. Castiel filed the information away for another time.

After a few hours of sightseeing, they headed to Rapid City and checked into their motel. They got dinner at a brewery that was located in an old firehouse.

Back at their hotel, they watched a couple reruns of Doctor Sexy before turning in.

Dean bit his lip. “Is it weird that I’m nervous?” He asked Castiel. “Seeing Bobby again for the first time in over four years…in a lot of ways, he was more of a dad to me than my actual father was. What if he’s mad that I didn’t call him right away as soon as I was free?”

“I think it’s normal to be nervous, Dean. But I’m sure he isn’t angry with you. To say you’ve had a lot to deal with over the past several weeks would be a massive understatement.”

“Yeah, you’re probably right.” He kissed Castiel softly. Castiel cupped Dean’s face in his hands. The kiss started out gentle and chaste, but gradually became more heated.

Their bodies pressed together, Dean could feel that Castiel was getting hard. He ground against him a little. Cas groaned softly.

“Can I touch you?” Dean whispered.

“Yes. Please .” Castiel practically growled.

Dean pushed Cas’s pajama pants out of the way and wrapped a hand around his cock. It felt hot and heavy in his hand. Castiel kissed Dean’s neck while Dean stroked his cock.

All of a sudden, to Dean’s (pleasant) surprise, Castiel flipped him onto his back and straddled him.

“Can I taste you, Dean?”

“Fuck yeah, sweetheart.”

Castiel quickly pulled down Dean’s pajama pants and swallowed his cock down to the root. “Oh fuck!” Dean moaned.

Castiel firmly held Dean’s hips down as he swallowed around his dick. “Oh, Cas…” Fuck, he’s so strong, Dean thought.

Castiel wrapped a hand around his own cock while he sucked Dean’s. He’d waited far too long to get that pretty cock between his lips. Dean’s gasps and moans were music to his ears.

“Oh god, Cas, I’m gonna come…” Dean groaned after a few minutes.

Castiel hummed around Dean’s member and he spilled into Cas’s mouth. Cas gave his cock one more stroke and he came on the bedspread.

“Oh fuck, sunshine, that was…wow…can I…return the favor?
Castiel blushed. “Um. I’m afraid I already came. Rain check?”

Dean chuckled sleepily. “Yeah, okay, sweetheart.”

They cleaned up quickly and fell asleep curled up together. This time, Dean slept without nightmares.

 

***

 

The following morning, they slept in a little. The last leg of their trip would be a shorter drive than the previous two days, “only” about five hours. So they could sleep in and still get to Bobby’s house at a reasonable time.

They checked out at 11AM and headed out, after stopping at a local diner for some brunch. Once they were about two hours from Sioux Falls, Dean called Bobby and gave him an ETA update.

“Hey Bobby, just wanted to let you know we’ll be there in about two hours.”

“Okay, Dean. It’ll be good to see you, boy.” Bobby sounded a little choked up, which made Dean start to get a little misty eyed, too.

“You too, Bobby.”

***

After entering the witness protection program, Michael and Adam had moved to the other side of the country to get as far away from Chuck as possible. It was in a fairly small town, but not so small that a couple of newcomers would be scrutinized too closely.

Earlier that day, they had been to a local art gallery, and bought some paintings to decorate their new home.

“How about here?” Adam asked, holding a painting up to the wall.

“Hm…maybe a little to the right? Yes…there. That’s perfect.”

But then, the painting slipped from Adam’s hands and crashed to the floor as he froze in terror at seeing who had just entered the room.

“Hello, son.” Chuck said.

Chapter 34: Fathers

Summary:

Dean finally reunites with Bobby.
Chuck offers Michael a deal.

Chapter Text

Castiel drove the car past the sign that said “Singer Auto & Salvage” and up the gravel driveway to Bobby’s house. He parked the car and they got out. 

Dean looked up at the slightly run-down house with a mixture of excitement and trepidation. He was thrilled to be seeing Bobby again after so many years. In many ways, the man had been more of a father to him and Sam than John had been. But he couldn’t help feeling a little nervous as well. What if Bobby was angry that Dean hadn’t immediately contacted him as soon as he was free of Alastair? Granted, he hadn’t seemed angry on the phone. But Dean was never one to let little details get in the way of fearing the worst. Especially since his life experience had taught him that when you expected the worst, you were usually right.

They got their luggage out of the car and climbed the steps to Bobby’s front door. Dean raised his fist to knock, but before he could do so, the door swung open.

“Dean!” Bobby exclaimed.

“Heya Bobby!” Dean greeted him, feeling oddly shy.

Bobby threw his arms around Dean and hugged him so hard Dean was briefly worried about his ribs.

“It’s good to see ya, boy.” Bobby blinked back tears.

“You too, Bobby.” Dean’s eyes definitely weren’t getting a little misty. Nope. Not at all.

Finally, Bobby released Dean, his ribs only slightly bruised. All his fears about Bobby being angry or disappointed in him evaporated.

“And I gather this is Castiel?” Bobby asked.

“Oh! Yeah, sorry. Bobby Singer, Castiel Novak. He’s the one who…rescued me.”

“Good to meet ya,” Bobby said, holding out his hand.

“You as well,” Castiel responded. “Dean’s told me a lot about you.”

“All good stuff, I hope. Well, don’t just stand there on the porch, c’mon in. Meatloaf’s almost ready,” he said gruffly. 

Dean and Cas followed Bobby into the house. Dean was immediately hit in the face with the mouthwatering smell of Bobby’s meatloaf. Meatloaf was a food Dean generally enjoyed, however, Bobby’s meatloaf was next level. Dean’s stomach growled and he licked his lips.

Castiel felt a stab of arousal as he watched Dean lick his pouty lips. “Down, boy,” he scolded himself. Meeting Dean’s surrogate father was hardly the time to popping a boner.

Cas and Dean dumped their suitcases in Bobby’s guest room, then stopped in the bathroom to wash their hands.

“Do…do you think he approves of me?” Castiel asked Dean softly as he picked up the bar of soap.

“I mean, he just met ya, but I can’t see why he wouldn’t,” Dean replied. “You’re a good man. And Bobby will see that, he’s no idiot. Or ‘idjit’ he would say.” Dean chuckled under his breath.

“Idjit?” Castiel repeated to himself under his breath.

 

A few minutes later, they all sat down at the table. Bobby served up the meatloaf, mashed potatoes, and green bean casserole.

Dean’s mind drifted back to Thanksgiving when he was 10. John had opted to leave him and Sam with Bobby and Karen for a time, instead of dragging them with them while he hunted down criminals as a bounty hunter. It was the best Thanksgiving Dean could remember having since his mother had died in the fire. They had an actual turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy, multiple pies…Thanksgiving with John Winchester was usually just takeout from KFC or Popeyes. And often ended with him getting blackout drunk.

Karen Singer had been almost like a mother to them. So of course, they’d been devastated when she was killed by a drunk driver when Dean was 12. 

And although Bobby had been overwhelmed with grief, he still gladly took in Sam and Dean whenever John asked. Bobby was the one point of stability Dean had had during most of his childhood.

 

Dean piled his plate high with food and started to dig in. The mashed potatoes were really something else. Loaded with roasted garlic, butter, and sour cream. Dean tried not to moan as he took a bite.

“So, Castiel, tell me about yourself.” Bobby said, and took a swig of his beer.

“Not much to tell, really. I’m a senior accountant at Sandover Bridge & Iron. I enjoy gardening and nature documentaries…”

 

***

 

“Hello, son,” Chuck said casually. He was holding a gun in one hand. Not aiming it at them, but Michael knew what a fast draw his father was. If he tried to go for a weapon - like the hammer they’d been using to put up the paintings - there was about a 90% chance he and Adam would both be dead within 10 seconds. If it were just him at stake, he might have taken the chance. But he wasn’t going to risk Adam. Not if there was any chance they could get out of this without violence.

“Hi Dad,” Michael said evenly.

“You can stop glancing at that hammer,” Chuck said. “I didn’t come here to kill you.”

“The gun in your hand says otherwise.”

“Oh, that’s just…insurance.”

“Really?” Michael said dubiously.

“Michael, I know you think I’m a monster. But, even though you betrayed me, killing my son is the last thing I want to do. Family is very important to me. Maybe the most important thing.”

“Okay…”

“As I said, I’ve no wish to hurt you. But you did betray me, and I can’t just ignore that either. So, I’m here to propose a deal.”

“What kind of deal?” Michael frowned slightly. He’d do just about anything to make sure Adam was safe.

“I want you to do one more job for me. After it’s done, we’re even. You can go on with your life. No one will come after you.”

Michael swallowed hard. He’d wanted to be done with the “family business.” He didn’t want to hurt people or kill people anymore. “And if I say no?”

“Well. Then I guess I’ll have to move to ‘Plan B’.” Chuck glanced meaningfully down at his gun. “And you know how I feel about having witnesses.” He looked over at Adam.”

Michael gritted his teeth. He didn’t want to do this, but he couldn’t let Chuck hurt his boyfriend.

“Fine. I’ll do it. Who do you want me to take out?”

“You’ve probably seen him on the news. And…even with your newly found sense of morality…I don’t think you’ll feel too guilty about taking out this piece of trash.

“Oh?”

“His name is Alastair Smith.”

“What?” Michael frowned in confusion. He had indeed seen Alastair on the news. And knowing that, after he’d sold Dean to Raphael, he’d eventually been sold to that monster only made him feel more guilty about everything he’d put Dean through. But he wasn’t sure why his father would give a shit about Alastair one way or the other. “Can I ask why you want him dead?”

“I don’t see why not.” Chuck shrugged. “You see…like I said, family is very important to me. And while I may not be father of the year…he threatened my son’s life, and I can’t allow that.”

What?” Now Michael was even more confused. As far as he knew, he was his father’s only son. He had two younger sisters, but no brothers. And he’d never so much as been in the same room with Alastair.

“Oh, I didn’t mean you. I’m talking about your half-brother, Castiel Novak.”

 

Chapter 35: Family Matters

Summary:

Chuck makes a deal with Michael. Castiel gets to know Bobby a little.

Chapter Text

“I’m talking about your half-brother, Castiel Novak.” Chuck said.

What ?” Michael stared at his father in shock. “He’s my brother ? You…you never told me I had a brother.”

“Well, half-brother, technically. You see…when I was younger I dated a lot of different women. And I wasn’t always as careful as I should have been. This one girlfriend, I accidentally got her pregnant. And I knew I couldn’t marry her, because I knew she wouldn’t understand the ‘family business.’ So…I took off. I know, not exactly father of the year. I did send her money every month, and plenty of it, until the child was 21. And I had my men check on them occasionally, to make sure they were all right, and didn’t need anything. But I never had any further contact with them. Anyway…as I said. I may not have had a relationship with Castiel, but I can’t allow anyone to threaten the life of one of my children.”

“Why didn’t you ever tell me I had a half-brother?”

Chuck shrugged. “Because you probably would have wanted to meet him. And as I said, I didn’t want to involve him or his mother in the ‘family business.’ Besides, I didn’t want your mother to find out I had a son by another woman. Of course, that was before I met her. But still, she’s the jealous type. I don’t hold that against her. To be fair, so am I. But I didn’t see any reason to risk her finding out something that would only upset her.”

“Alright,” Michael said. He wasn’t sure he completely believed everything his father said, but it didn’t matter. If he didn’t do what Chuck wanted, he’d shoot him and Adam. And, while his father wasn’t a very good person, if he made a deal he kept it.

“Well…if you don’t have any further questions, I’ll be on my way. Alastair is being held under high security, so it won’t be easy to get to him. But I have faith in your abilities. I’ll give you…oh…a month to get the job done. Once he’s dead, we’re square. But if he isn’t dead within the month…”

“I understand. He’ll be taken care of.”

“Good.” Chuck nodded at him, then slipped out the back door.


Hiding his gun in his waistband, Chuck strolled back to where Raphael was waiting for him in a car a couple blocks away. He slid into the passenger seat of the nondescript gray Toyota with tinted windows.

“Did he agree to it?” Raphael asked, putting the key in the ignition.

“He did.”

“And you believe he’ll get it done?”

“I do. If it was just him at stake, I might not be so sure. But he has a boyfriend now. You know, the slave his mother bought him several years ago. They fell in love.” Chuck sneered. “I know he won’t do anything to risk Adam’s safety. He’s head over heels for that boy.”

“Good.” Raphael turned the key. “And you’re sure you don’t want me to take care of him after he’s done the job? He did give a lot of information about our business to the cops…”

“I’m sure. I told him that if he kept up his end of the bargain, we wouldn’t come after him. And I keep the deals I make. Besides, we’ve been wanting to take Alastair out for a while now. He’s been horning in on the ‘pharmaceutical’ side of our business. Him threatening Castiel just gave me an extra reason. A reason that Michael would consider…if not noble, then at least not evil.”

“Alright, boss.” Raphael said, and pulled away from the curb.


***


Dean and Castiel curl up together in the double bed in Bobby’s spare room. It’s barely big enough for the both of them, but they made it work. Castiel wraps his arms around Dean and they fall asleep with Dean’s back to his chest.

Around 3AM, Castiel wakes up, feeling thirsty. He throws a dark blue robe over his bumblebee pajamas and creeps down to the kitchen for a glass of water. To his surprise, he finds Bobby sitting at the kitchen table, drinking whiskey. Bobby looks up and nods to him.

“I, uh, didn’t mean to disturb you,” Castiel explains. “I just wanted some water.”

“I can offer you something better, if you want,” Bobby says, holding up the bottle of whiskey.

Castiel nods at him. “Thank you.”

Bobby pours some of the liquor into a glass and hands it to Castiel, with a slight nod to the chair on the opposite side of the table.

Castiel takes the glass and the proffered seat. For a few minutes, they sip the whiskey in silence, moonlight streaming in through the window. The only sound is the hum of the refrigerator in the background.

After a time, Bobby breaks the silence. “I tried, you know.”

“Tried?”

“To buy Dean. To free him. After I found out what happened…I was so mad at John, I almost…well, it don’t matter. Point is, it took me a while to save up enough money so that I could make an offer that would have any chance of being accepted. By the time I’d done that, Michael’d already sold him. Of course, I found out who he’d been sold to - a fellow named Raphael - and made him an offer. But he wasn’t interested in selling. I tried a few more times over the years. But, I don’t know, I guess my timing was never right.”

“It’s not your fault.”

“No. It’s not. But still…I wish I’d been able to save him. I don’t know what the boy’s been through over the past years, but…don’t take a psychic to figure out he’s been traumatized.”

Castiel nods.

“I looked it up online…the last person who owned him before you was Alastair Smith. I read about him in the paper…I don’t want to think about the things he must’ve done to Dean.”

“Me either.” Castiel says softly. He remembers the things Dean’s told him about Alastair, and he’s sure it’s not even a fraction of the horrors that man inflicted on his beautiful boy.

“Well. Least he’s in jail now. And by the look of things, don’t think he’ll be gettin’ out anytime soon.”

“If ever.”

Bobby holds up his glass. “To that bastard rotting in prison.”

Castiel clinks his glass against Bobby’s. “May he never breathe free air again.”

***

The curtains on the window in Bobby’s spare room are too thin and faded to block out much light, so the sunrise wakes them. Dean groans and throws an arm over his eyes.

Castiel kisses his shoulder. “Morning, sweetheart,” he whispers groggily.

“Mornin’, sunshine. Ugh…did you bring any blindfolds with you?”

Castiel chuckles. “I’m afraid not.”

Suddenly, Dean bolts upright in bed. “Is that..do I smell…it’s Bobby’s famous biscuits and gravy!”

Throwing on his hunter green bathrobe over his t-shirt and boxers, Dean practically charges down the stairs to the kitchen.

“I hope there’s coffee,” Castiel mutters to himself before donning his robe and following Dean.