Actions

Work Header

Danganronpa: Hope Strikes Back

Summary:

Jun Komomura, the Ultimate Soccer Striker, is invited to join among the ranks of Hope's Peak Academy. Little does he realize, the horrors that await him and his fellow classmates.

Will he be able to endure the dangers the lie ahead?

I don't own any of the characters of Danagronpa.
They are the property of Kazutaka Kodaka and Spike Chunsoft.

Only person I have any sort of claim over is my Oc.

Thank you beary much for taking time to give my story a read!

Notes:

Just gonna squeeze this right in here. . .excuse me. . .

*Ahem*

Some characters may have some slight changes into how they would usually talk but I tried to stay true to their personalities as best I could. If I mess up on how your favorite character would usual talk in or out of your head cannon, my apologize!

Chapter 1: Hope Strikes Back

Chapter Text

“OH CRAP, I’M GONNA BE LATE! UH BYE DAD!!” I yelled out as I began running my way towards the downtown train station.

I sighed in relief as I made it just as the train doors were about to close, taking a seat at the first empty seat I could find. I took a moment to reminisce about the events leading me to today.

Hope's Peak Academy. . .

It brings in the top students in every imaginable field. It's a government-funded school of privilege. . . The rumors online say if you make it here, you're practically set for life.

At least those are what the forums and articles covering it say. That’s the word about it buzzing online, there’s also those that were scouted from the school themselves. With a promising reputation and a high success rate, you’d have to be a fool to turn down an offer from the school. Which brings us to the here and now, no matter how long I stare at it, I still can’t believe I made it into here at all. 

While searching up more stuff about the school, I was able to find forums about my future possible classmates. Folks labelled them as ‘Ultimates’ since they are the very best in what they do. An example being, the ‘Ultimate Pop Idol’ who's been sweeping the nation. There’s another big name like the ‘Ultimate Baseball Pro’, the middle school student who played in nationals at a level that matches adults who’ve played the sport for years!

There were other forums talking about the rest of the rooster of students but it seemed too overwhelming for me to look into it. Still, just because our sports are different, I hope we can get along pretty ok if we bump into each other. Looking down at the pamphlet in my hands, I reread the contents of it mixed in the letter I received a week ago.


‘Dear Jun Komamura,

We’ve searched and interviewed all promising students across Japan and am happy to inform you that you’ve chosen to attend our school.

As a result, you are invited to come join us and many others like yourself as the ‘Ultimate Soccer Striker’.

Included with this letter is an orientation guide for Hope’s Peak Academy.’

That about sums up how I ended up here near the front gates of this giant of a school. I haven’t ran into any other students yet, did they come in earlier than I did?! Oh man. . Do I really deserve a spot here?

I mean I did pour my heart and soul into practice and continued honing my skills even after hours, yet I don’t really feel I should’ve been elected to come here. I mean, the coach and everyone else practically begged me to take them up on the offer to attend here, so I guess better not let them down. I took in a deep breath and prepared myself for the incoming sensation as I slapped the sides of my cheek. Fear can’t take over if your body is distracted by something else right? The only other thing worrying me is if I get kicked out due to my attire being wrong. . .

“The orientation guide didn’t say anything about a dress code so hopefully there’s no problem with what I’m wearing.” I said while giving myself a quick look down.

My white hair stayed nice and fluffy in the front, no signs of any bigger bags under my dark green eyes than usual. Since it’s still a tad warm, I brought my sleeveless bear-shaped jacket with an angry bear design along with my yellow collared shirt and black pants. I also brought my mom’s lucky charm along with me too, a gold medallion with feathers from grandpa’s farm in Okinawa.


“Wish me luck mom, today’s the day I start my high school experien- huh?” 

As I walked past the gate and towards the building entrance, everything started to get a bit. . .funny.

My vision started to blur and reality started to swirl, my head felt like at any moment it was going to split apart. The pain was unbearable as I fell onto my knees, before my mind slipped away to unconsciousness. I think I saw someone standing above me with purplish heels. . .their wide cheshire like smile. . .filled me with something worse than fear.

??? 

“N-Ngnh. .  huh? Wh-What happened?” I groaned as I found myself sitting at a desk within a classroom. Scratch that, now that I’m fully looking at it. . .this classroom isn’t exactly normal. There’s armor plating attached to the windows as well overly sized bolts and nuts keeping them in place. What is this place?

“A detention room perhaps?” I asked myself as I walked closer to the plates and gave them a test knock. Yeah that metal is real deal stuff, still I don’t recall doing anything warranting this kind of response. I was going through the school’s gate and then. . .then . . .gah I can’t remember anything past that!

I looked at the teacher’s podium and saw a crudely made pamphlet taped in front of it. Taking it off, it made note of a meeting happening at 8 A.M. and that the other students would be there. If I’m lucky, somebody will be able to tell me what’s going on there.

I reached into my pocket to pull out my phone but found the pocket I had in was empty. Quickly checking my other pockets I found that my phone was completely missing, giving a soft curse. I glanced up at the clock near the door and saw it read 8:12 A.M.

“OH COME ON, GIVE ME A BREAK!!” I yelled as I quickly ran out of the classroom and into the hallway.

The hallway was rather large, much like the school’s outer appearance, as I ran through the halls I was able to take in the decor of the place which was something you wouldn’t find at any normal school. The checkered tiled floors lit with the different color bulbs hanging above them giving a colorful change to the school’s environment that one wouldn’t normally see. 

I slowed down my pace as I went by the student store, the entrance to it was closed off by the yellow tape you see on cop shows and a huge sign with the word ‘DANGER’ above it. I could feel my nerves beginning to act up again, I mean we’re still in the spring season if this was meant for Halloween. Things continued to grow stranger as the staircase leading towards the upper level was sealed off by a fence. 

“Seriously, what the hell is going on here?” I mumbled to myself, giving a light kick to the fence. 

After making a left turn I finally found the way towards the main hall. The door looked like it was already opened and I could hear the faint sound of multiple voices down the hall. I quickly made my way over to the main hall and accidentally pushed the doors further apart than intended, resulting in me falling face first onto the floor. I could hear the voices suddenly grow silent as my groan was the only thing echoing within the room.

“Ugh. . . so much for first impressions. . .” I muffled out as I still laid on the floor, too embarrassed to look up at the others in the room.