Actions

Work Header

I Know You Lie

Summary:

At age 17 my dad said that it was time for me to have a werewolf of my own. My friends had them already. I was looking forward to getting one. Who am I kidding? I was off the damn wall about it. Dad said it would be good for me. So Naturally I went to the nearest breeder I could the second I woke up on my 17th birthday. Little did I know.

Notes:

Story is written from Stiles' POV. TRIGGER WARNING! Please be careful as you read.

Chapter 1: In the Beginning

Chapter Text

I woke up, excitement already pouring into my veins. It had been weeks since my dad said I could get one. A werewolf of my own. Everyone else I know already had one. Everyone except for my best friend Lydia Martin. She and I had set the date for my birthday because she was born before me, but we do literally everything together. So she held off going to a breeder for a pup until I was old enough. I was grateful. I know that she wanted one just as badly as I do.

We were going to one of the newest opened breeders. It was just a town over. Not too far of a drive, half an hour maybe? I don't know. Lydia met me at my house and the drive there felt like the longest one of my life. She told me to slow down at least six times. (Sorry dad.) But it felt like we were there in no time at all. I scrambled out of the car, a flurry of anxious happiness. The facility looked dark. It was an old house, surrounded by oak and tulip poplar trees. I stopped on the walkway to look back at Lydia, who had stopped at the car to grab the collars and leads that I had forgotten.

"Do you think that it's open?"

"We're in the open hours..." She said, looking at her phone quickly. I walked up the steps to the front door and knocked on it, three times.

There was no answer. We stood, waiting for several minutes. I grew bored. My agitated foot tapped the porch as we waited for an answer.

"Maybe we should check around back?" I suggested. Lydia shrugged. I all but jumped down the stairs, racing quickly to the back. Large cages were placed symmetrically, all over the yard. Stacked and shoved together in such a way that would be illegal by the closeness. Only one was occupied however. A half dead pup rested inside. The cage was void of food and water. It was open to the air and had no shade other then what cast by the cage stacked on top.

"Holy shit." I murmured. The pup was older. A year younger then me maybe. He looked starved. Holes were bore into him. They were dug into his upper arms and thighs. Several days old at least. I would have thought that he was dead, but I saw the heavy rise and fall of his labored breathing.

"Oh my goodness." Lydia's hand covered her mouth. I crept over to the cage. Sneaking my phone out of my pocket I snapped a few pictures of the area. My dad had to know about this. I reached the cage and I lowered myself to the ground next to it. The boy's hair was dark. Small amounts of facial hair sprouting from his upper lip and lower chin. He was mostly naked, spare a pair of bloody underwear. I waved Lydia over. She came to stand beside me.

"What do we do?"

"Find him water."

"There's water in the car, I packed it just in case. There's treats too. Go get them."

"Why me?"

"I'm the sheriff's son. I'll sound like I have more authority if the Argents decide to show their faces." She nodded and headed back toward the car, leaving the collars and leashes with me. I tapped on the side of the cage. The boy didn't react. I tried to open the cage, talking to myself in a low voice to alert the pup that I was there. I managed to pick the lock with a paper clip that I found, tucked inside my flannel's pocket, forgotten one school day.

I opened the cage door and poked the boy. He whimpered slightly and twitched but otherwise had no answer. I suspected that he had some form of blood poisoning at least. The holes looked a few days old. I wonder how long he'd been out here. I crawled into the cage. It was small, the size of a extra large dog cage roughly. I brushed my hand through his hair.

"I'll get you outta here buddy."

"HEY, WHAT THE HELL DO YOU THINK THAT YOU'RE DOING?!" A man's voice screamed. I had been ready for this to happen. I'm glad that I sent Lydia for the water. I backed out of the cage and stood to face the man that came racing across the yard toward me. He held me at gunpoint.

"What the fuck is this?" I growled. Pointing behind me at the boy in the cage. The man went to grab my arm with the hand that wasn't holding the gun. But I twisted out of his grasp and knocked his legs out from under him. A warning shot sounded as I grabbed the gun from him. The boy in the cage dragged himself up into a sitting position. Hiding his head under his arms.

"Get out of here kid. What do you know about anything." He stood back up. Brushing himself off. I could feel my knees shaking against each other. This was not what I had thought of myself doing this morning.

"I know that this isn't the way to treat werewolves and that I can get you arrested for touching me."

"How the fuck would you know anything about werewolves? You're all of sixteen."

"Seventeen. And I do my research." I saw Lydia out of the corner of my eye. She tiptoed around the cages until she was behind me. I blocked her with an arm. I pointed the gun at the man.

"I suggest you take a seat sir." He did as he was told.

"Lydia, call my dad. Tell him everything." I could feel the adrenaline pumping through me. She did so. Telling him in a hushed voice what was going on. Ten minutes later I heard the scream of the sirens.The man looked uncomfortable as they drew closer. But I kept his gun aimed at him. My dad came racing into the yard. Three other policemen hot on his tail.

"Stiles WHAT THE HELL!"

"Sorry dad."