Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warnings:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationships:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Stats:
Published:
2022-05-08
Updated:
2022-05-08
Words:
1,101
Chapters:
1/?
Kudos:
11
Bookmarks:
7
Hits:
779

Gray Walls, Blue Skies

Summary:

A dandelion-filled breeze only we know, the wind carrying our hopes and dreams; I want to run away from it all. I know it is not real with my hopes and dreams just being you and me. I am just a coward ready to run through the breeze and flee from my burdens, without you, I am not sure of myself.

My thoughts stop as soon as he speaks.

“Do you trust me?” He turns on his side and whispers.

My heart stops, unable to see reason, unable to see he will just leave- or worse, stay and make both of us miserable.

“Tell me- do you want me to trust you?” My tone is haughty, but my eyes betray me, with the soft look I give to him.

He is silent.

The words unsaid are heavy like metal; the stony-cool gray of his eyes are beautiful.

I will simply never understand him; I hope to regret those words.

Or-

A killer born from the world’s hysteria, willing to kill Him- to be free, and spread her wings.

 

*I'm halfway finished with the first chapter! Whoa! It took me some time because I had to move (we couldn't get movers.) Idk when I'll be finished, because I would still need to edit and stuff, but I'm happy with my progress.*

Notes:

Am I starting this fic over? Yes.

Is that a logically sound idea? No.

But I want to give it my all- (Before I go on hibernation.)

(See the end of the work for more notes.)

Chapter 1: People Don’t Keep Their Promises

Chapter Text

A groan escapes your mouth as you hear the scuffing of your mother’s feet against the floor before she goes to kick you again. Yet, you go through all of this pain, because you know that this isn’t your mother even when they may look the same. You know this person kicking you right now, isn’t the same as your mother for the sole fact that she had dad in her life. Your real mom would help you clean the shards of glass on the floor, not beat you until you could breath.

“What a useless fucking child! How dare you break the only thing we have of him!” She screams but then goes back to saying random slurs. She doesn’t even mention his name anymore. You hear a squelch come from your own body and you cough and groan, seeing that you’ve coughed up blood, you try to retreat from your mother’s harsh feet. Trying to roll over though only pisses her off, she screams nonsensical words and suddenly just as it started it stopped. When she goes quite like this it makes your blood run cold and ears ring.

Suddenly she starts crying hysterically. You try to tense up but your body won’t allow you with the state that it’s in as she goes to hold you. All of this didn’t matter anymore, as long as your mother came back crying to you how she was sorry that her monster attacked you. You’d forgive her, you always do. You know your father would have stopped any of this from happening. In fact, this would have never happened in the first place. Yet, he stopped coming home awhile ago. You he’s gone for good, You know as much when mother starts screaming at you, because you can’t do something he could’ve.

You shouldn’t think like this, not with your mother’s so close and holding you in her arms. You try to hold her closer but she pushes you away. She’ll threaten you, but she knows that your the only person she has left. Though you could tell this time she was different.

“Would you like to visit your father?” She asked solemnly. Your mother begins to sob holding you closely again, only this time the only thing you do is nod your head. You start sobbing too, this is the only time you can really cry without getting hit. She wraps her arms tighter around you and squeezes, making you gasp out and choke. You slacken and your visions darkens. You stop crying out as soon as your run out of air to breath. Your barely conscious as she gently holds your head on her lap playing with your hair while she hums a childhood nursery rhyme.

She gently gets up and walks away, when she get’s back she puts a green looking blanket on top of you. You soon realized it was not a blanket, but your father’s cape, from his time his the military. The reminder is enough to make you cry about him, but you still when you hear your mother taking something from the self above your body. The only thing up there was the hunting rifle your dad used before his time in the Survey Corps. You hear your mother walk away, probably to get the bullets for the gun. You almost want to run, but you know it’s useless. Your mother knew her way around a gun, maybe even better then your father did.

So lay there hoping it’d be a quick death, not knowing your mother thinks your dead. Your mother hasn’t come back yet, it feels like moments go by, the anticipation uses all your bodies energy and your body goes completely limp. When you hear the noise of a gun going off. You freeze, but scramble on the ground to get up, trying to take the cape with you it falls. You try to pick it up, on the verge of collapsing because of the pain. You finally wrap the cape around your shoulders as you began limping to your mother and father’s room.

Finally making it to the door, you see blood on some of the walls. It takes a lot of energy to keep you from gagging, walking farther into the room though, you can’t help but lean onto the wall and retch your guts.

It’s to much…

To much…

“TO MUCH!”

You don’t even realize your screaming, until you feel a ping of pain; right below your chest. You fall to your knees, wanting nothing more then to join your mother and father. By your mother’s body, you clutch onto her, begging her to comeback to take you with her.

“YOU CAN’T LEAVE ME! DON’T LEAVE ME HERE, NOT IN THE WORLD WERE THEY TOOK FATHER AWAY!”

Your still in pain from the beating, but you mourn for your mother. You begin to close your eyes, until you see the rifle next to your mother’s hand. Desperately you reach for it, maybe you could join them. Mom and Dad would be happy to see you, right?

As you almost reach for the gun, you feel another ping of pain in your ribs. On your side now, you just give up on the idea, hoping your injuries were really enough to kill you. Senses almost dull, but hearing sharp as ever you hear the galloping of horses. Your neighbors must have heard the gun shot, coming over here with their false concern and fake promises.

Really, no one kept their promises, father’s not home, mother is gone, and the neighbors only really check in when it interest them. Really, no one keeps their promises until it’s to late, and your dying on the floor.

“People don’t ever keep their word until it’s to late,” you begin, while chuckle and coughing blood. The galloping of the horses, louder now, remind you of the times your father came home from missions. You smile at the thought of seeing your father again, wanting nothing more to receive a big bear hug from him. You hear the galloping has stop and banging on the door. The neighbors open the door, looking around probably pulling a concerned look.

You hear a gasp and you start crying, wanting to run away from it all. Your neighbors call your name, you cry harder and they sigh.

“Can you stand? Can you walk?”

They ask this with their “concern,” you almost want to believe their good people, but promises were broken. More importantly, if your father kept his promise, none of this would have happened at all.

Notes:

I love writing, and I love Levi, so I decided to write this.