Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warnings:
Categories:
Fandom:
Relationships:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
✨🦉Wan Shi Tong's Library🦉✨, Absolutely favorite works, Ongoing Fics (bnha), jrmuffin's favorites
Stats:
Published:
2022-04-06
Updated:
2024-01-13
Words:
261,634
Chapters:
24/?
Comments:
859
Kudos:
2,437
Bookmarks:
755
Hits:
112,864

The Gunslinger Hero: Flintlock

Summary:

After 8 years in America Izumi Midoriya is asked to return home to Japan to teach at UA. She won't be coming back as some quirkless little girl though. She'll be returning as The Lone Star State's Number 2 Hero.

The Gunslinger Hero: Flintlock!

Notes:

Character Ages:

Izumi is 22 in chapter one, 23 through the first year of UA for Class 1-A

Himiko is 12 in chapter one, 13 through the first year of UA

Jin is 30 at the start and 31 during the first year of UA

Chapter Text

Nezu was at a loss, that wasn’t something that happened very often for one as smart as he was, but it did in fact happen. He had just managed to acquire All Might as UA’s heroics teacher for the next school year, but he knew Toshinori, the man was a great hero, a fantastic personal trainer but teacher material he was not… 

 

Looking around at his gathered teaching staff he pondered his conundrum, he couldn’t ask one of them to babysit the Number One Hero, that would be embarrassing for Toshinori and demeaning to the teacher asked to do so…what to do… 

 

“Nezu, are you alright?” Shota Aizawa’s question quickly nudged the world's smartest mammal out of his own thoughts, and he smiled at Class 1-A’s teacher. 

 

Though there was no class 1-A this year… Nezu reminded himself with a silent chuckle before he answered “Ah, Sorry Aizawa, I was lost in thought for a moment…” he quickly cleared his throat “So, as you all know I have managed to acquire All Might for the vacant Heroric’s teachers position next year,” he waited for the cheers (and in Aizawa and Chiyo’s case groans of various reasonings) to subside before he continued. “Yes, yes it is quite exciting, sadly All Might isn’t a certified teacher, though he is taking classes to remedy this…I was lost in thought debating with myself about this issue, and was wondering if any of you have any suggestions?” 

 

Cementoss hummed while rubbing his blocky chin in thought. "Well, I assume you already thought of the possibility of an additional teacher to be present during his lessons."

 

"Yes, I have." Nezu nodded. "However, I understand that none of you would be consistently available to aid All Might, so I am in need of a different solution."

 

A few more ideas off the top of the assembled staffs' heads were thrown out, even the idea that Aizawa could be present, but that one was shot down given how Aizawa and All Might would most likely butt heads with each other. Aizawa felt he couldn't really deny that.

 

"If ah may make a suggestion." Their resident cowboy-themed hero, Snipe, suggested from beneath his gas mask. He was currently keeping his hands busy by twirling around a toy revolver, he couldn’t do so with one of his custom ones, gun safety was important after all.

 

"Snipe! By all means, what have you got?!" Nezu gestured for him to speak up.

 

Snipe tilted his hat to the Principal and put the toy gun down on the table with a flourish “Much obliged sir,” he pulled out his phone and flicked to a picture before pushing it across the table to Nezu “This here’s mah niece, sweetest little thang and currently the number two hero in the whole state of Texas.” 

 

"She's in The States?" Present Mic asked.

 

Snipe nodded, before explaining, “She moved there when she was fifteen ta live with her Pa and get the hero training she needed, the rest ain't my story to tell but she’s the real deal,”

 

"Number two in her state, huh?" Aizawa peered over and also looked at the picture of the young girl. "How old is she? She looks young."

 

If they could see past the gasmask they’d probably see Snipe's proud smile. “That photo there was taken when she graduated from the Houston Institute of Heroism…She’s currently twenty-two, turning twenty-three in July.” 

 

Midnight did a spit-take, her drink drenching the person sitting next to her.

 

That happened to be Mic, and he actually let out a squawk like the cockatoos he is.

 

After apologizing to her friend, Midnight voiced hers, and the majority of everyone else's thoughts. "She made it as Number two in her state only a year out the gate?!"

 

Snipe chuckled at his co-workers' reactions. "Well, she did graduate top of 'er class,” he leaned back in his chair. “But yer forgetting that America operates a bit differently than our home islands do. Each state gets to decide how licensing and rankings go within their borders, it just so happens in Texas a provisional license basically makes you a full-fledged hero in the eyes of the state, the only thing ye can’t do is use lethal force unless it’s an emergency and last resort.”

 

Aizawa grumbled into his coffee “Why can’t Japan be as logical?” 

 

"Each country has its own way of doing things, Aizawa. It has been that way for centuries." Nezu said before handing the phone back to Snipe. "Anyways Snipe, I'll have to look into her background myself, but based on your word alone, she sounds like she'd be well suited for the position. She would need to acquire a teaching license, of course."

 

Snipe pocketed his phone before going back to twirling his toy gun. "You won't need to worry about that. It won't take her long. She's very…" He stopped twirling his gun as he tried to think of the right words. "...Dedicated.”

 

"Oh? What else can you tell us about her?"

 

"Well… she's also good at what she does."

 

"And that would be?"

 

"Puttin' the fear of God in those who break the law." Snipe then perked up as he remembered something. "Oh, and there's also her methods."

 

Aizawa raised an eyebrow. "'Methods'?"

 

"Well, you see…" Snipe hesitated before continuing "She's very good with a gun."

 


 

In a warehouse somewhere in Texas, an armored figure racked her shotgun.

 

“Your free trial to life has been forfeit.” With that, a gunshot rang through the warehouse silencing the last of the drug dealers who thought they could get lucky and take her down. 

 

Sighing she turned to the ones that had been smart and surrendered the moment she stepped out of the shadows. “Alright, the rest of ya’ll who weren’t stupid enough to resist arrest have the right to remain silent, anything that you say can and will be used against you in a Court of Law.'' She continued reading them the rest of their rights before she racked her shotgun and pointed it at them. “Get up and march, the Police are just outside ready to take ya’ll to your cozy new cells.” 

 

After her quarry was rounded up in the paddy wagon outside she stopped by the local police to thank them for another job well done before she took her leave. She shook the captain on the scene's hand and apologized for the mess inside the warehouse as well. “I gave em’ a warning captain I really did, they decided not to take me up on it.” 

 

The captain just sighed and shook his head. “Don’t apologize for other people's stupidity Flintlock, thank you for another job well done, we’ll take it from here.” 

 

Flintlock placed her shotgun onto the holster that was attached to her back and nodded to the captain before her helmet’s HUD alerted her to an incoming call. Turning away and walking to her own waiting motorcycle she tapped a button on her helmet and answered after starting her ride's engine. “Howdy, Pa! You’re in luck I just got done with a job.”

 

The freckled face of her father appeared on her screen, a smile on his face as he let out a puff of smoke from his lungs before talking. “Howdy, Izumi I hope the job went well? Nothing too stressful?” 

 

Izumi rolled her eyes much to her father's delight “I wasn’t anything I couldn’t handle thank you very much, just a couple of drug dealers trying to smuggle Trigger into Houston.” 

 

Hisashi nodded before adjusting his glasses “That’s good, I’m calling to let you know that you received a letter from Japan, and no,” he cut her off before she could ask her question “it’s not from your mother, I asked and she was as in the dark as I was.” He leaned back in his chair with a sigh “I took the liberty of reading it for you, It seems Your uncle Han’s been talking you up with UA and they’ve offered you a job.” 

 

Izumi weaved through traffic and it was only because of her years of training that she didn’t reflexively slam on the breaks and shout “What!” instead she hummed quietly and frowned. “I don’t exactly need a job right now…especially not one teaching a bunch of brats…” 

 

Hisashi though knew how to push all the right buttons with his daughter and silently sent a quick apology her way in his head before he spoke. “Well, Your mother misses you and hasn’t seen you since you graduated,” he chuckled at her groan and pushed through. “Also Katsuki hasn’t seen you in eight years, wouldn’t you want to show him how far you’ve come? I know for a fact Mitsuki and your aunt Kaina also want to see you…” 

 

“Pa, that's not fair and you know it! Your guilt-tripping me and you know it!” Izumi pulled her motorcycle into the garage and parked it before popping her back with a sigh. 

 

Hisashi nodded unashamed “You’ve been busy the entire time you’ve been here, taking full advantage of the fact that Texas encourages students to pursue hero work during after-school hours and you even started taking on more work after you graduated! I love you Firefly but you honestly do need to slow down.” He frowned “Just think of it as a year-long vacation okay? You still get to bust villains in your spare time in Japan and hell maybe you can even get a hero ranking there!” 

 

Izumi just sighed and ran a hand through her hair or would have if she didn’t hit the top of her helmet, she groaned. “Okay okay, I’ll think about it! I need to go. I just got home and I want to get out of my suit and showered before I get harassed by the others.” 

 

Hisashi laughed “Okay, well I’ll see you tomorrow then. Sleep well and tell the others I said good night.” Right before he cut the connection he smiled “And Izu, please really think about it? It might be good for you.” And with that he ended the call and Izumi was left alone in her garage with silence and her own thoughts. 

 

"A teacher, huh?" She mused.

 

Her thoughts were interrupted by the sound of rapidly approaching footsteps coming from the door at the top of the stairs that led into the house proper.

 

Izumi already knew what was coming, or rather who . Not wanting to knock her bike over, she got off and stepped away, bracing herself, before a yellow projectile came barreling through the door, down the stairs, and straight into her and wrapping her in a hug.

 

"Whoa! Okay!" She immediately steadies herself at the force of the impact, before returning the hug. "You were quick to get down here." She looked down, only to be met with golden cat-like eyes staring back up at her.

 

"I heard your bike. You weren't exactly quiet coming home, Big Sis." The twelve-year-old girl clinging to Izumi pointed out.

 

"Uh-huh. New question, Himiko." Izumi narrowed her eyes towards her adopted little sister. "Why are you up so late?”

 

"It's not late."

 

"It's one in the morning."

 

"... Crap."

 

Izumi smiled mischievously before scooping her sister up and slinging her over her shoulder as she carried Himiko up the stairs, the younger girl squealing and playfully trying to get free. She effortlessly opened the door and entered her home.

 

"Jin! Care to explain why the Gremlin isn't in bed?!" Izumi called out.

 

"Hey!" Himiko indignantly said.

 

Izumi's selective hearing didn't pick that up. She walked into the living room to see a man with comfy-looking pajamas comically trying to hide behind the couch, but he was doing a poor job at it.

 

"Jin, I can see you." Izumi put her free hand on her hip, her other arm occupied keeping her sister restrained.

 

"No you can't! I'm invisible! I'm as obvious as a beacon!" The man contradicted himself in a slightly different voice.

 

Izumi sighed but just smiled. "Jin, I'm not mad. Come on out."

 

Jin slowly poked his head over the couch, only to show that his face was hidden behind a worn-down face mask that covered his face, with the hoodie of sweater he was wearing pulled over his head to cover the rest.

 

"You're not mad? No, you're pissed!"

 

"No, I'm not. I'm just wondering why I had a blonde bullet impact me faster than a train."

 

"It was Himiko's idea. I was the one who thought of it!"

 

Himiko, who has not made any progress in escaping Izumi's iron grip, gasped. "Traitor!"

 

Izumi then lifted Himiko off her shoulder before tossing her onto the couch. She then moved and, playfully, restrained her by pinning her arms behind her back. "Well, looks like my job isn't over yet tonight."

 

Himiko was squealing the whole time. "Noooo! I didn't do anything wrong!"

 

"Sorry, sis. But you're under a rest ." Himiko could practically see Izumi’s Cheshire grin from behind her back and she groaned.

 

"Ah! No! Bad puns! Jin, help me!" She kicked her legs as her older sister lifted her up and began dragging her to her bedroom.

 

"I'll tell your story! You're on your own!" Jin gave her a quick peace sign and slid back behind the couch.

 

"Coward!"

 

Izumi just rolled her eyes and chucked Himiko like a sack of potatoes onto her bed before calling for Jin, “Get your butt in here I need to talk to both of you before Himiko falls asleep.” 

 

Jin quickly shuffled into the room grumbling under his breath while Himiko muttered about how she wasn’t tired, but her yawn quickly gave her away.

 

Izumi sighs and runs a hand through her hair, idly thinking that she needed a haircut before she told the two the news. “Apparently I’ve been asked by Uncle Han to go over to Japan to teach at UA for a year…” 

 

"No!" The sudden shout made Izumi jump a bit in surprise. She turned to the source of the yell, which was Himiko who had shot up in her bed and was crawling over to the edge to try and grab Izumi. "Don't go! Don't leave!"

 

Izumi held her hands out in front of her. "Whoa! Calm down Himi. I didn't say that I accepted yet. I just got the news as I pulled up to the house." She moved over and sat on the edge of Himiko's bed, extending an arm in invitation for her sister to embrace her, which Himiko eagerly accepted. "Why don't you want me to go?"

 

"Because them you'll leave me-"

 

"Ahem!" Himiko was cut off by Jin, who exaggerated clearing his throat.

 

"Er… I mean, us . You'd leave us and be across the ocean."

 

Crap, Izumi didn't think about that. She honestly hadn’t thought bringing Himiko and Jim with her would be an option. Her dad she knew would want to stay in America because of his work, so she didn't have to worry about him…but thinking about it now she knew he was too busy to look after the both of them. And Jin, while he was getting better, wasn't mentally stable enough to do well on his own either.

 

Taking a deep breath she rubbed Himiko’s hair and smiled down at her and then turned that same smile to Jin. “Let me take a bath and get out of my hero outfit, and after I’ll call Uncle Han and talk to him. Okay?” she stood up reluctantly, much to Himiko’s consternation. “I haven’t made a decision one way or the other yet, but I can guarantee that I won’t be going without either of you okay?” At their nod, she quickly kissed Himiko goodnight and went to the garage to change while Jin volunteered to run her bath for her. She gave him a thank you while he saluted like a soldier before he headed off to the bathroom, leaving Izumi with her thoughts once again.

 

She mostly thought about what she'd need to ask her uncle, and what she would do in the event that she couldn't bring Himiko and Jin with her. She must have gone into autopilot, because before she knew it, her armor was off and she was already in the bathroom, her bodysuit already halfway unzipped so she could wash it later.

 

"Oh… shit." She blinked owlishly before shrugging and finished getting undressed. She sighed in relief as she lowered herself into the tub, the warm water helping her tired muscles relax. She suddenly perked up as she remembered something. "I almost forgot."

 

She reached over to her left arm and with a practiced set of movements, removed it. All that was left was a stump where the elbow was. She sighed and leaned back in the bath with a smile as she rested her stump in the warm water “Much better…”

 

She placed her prosthetic arm over on the counter next to the tub, making sure it wouldn't fall. With that done, she enjoyed her bath, but her mind lingered on what to do about her Uncle Han’s offer.

 

"Izumi Midoriya… teaching at UA. Heh, I wonder what younger me would have thought about all of this. Probably would have geeked out so hard. Yeah, that sounds like me." She then snorted as a thought crossed her mind. "Hell, that's basically me now. " She kicked a leg out of the bath and squealed in excitement. “UA! I can’t imagine all the heroes I’d get to meet! Sure America’s heroes are great but to see all the heroes back home would be something else!" 

 

She looked over and spotted her phone on the counter her prosthetic was resting on. "Hm… what are the chances Uncle Han isn't busy right now?"

 

She lazily tried to reach for her phone, but to actually be able to grab it she'd have to get up. She groaned as she didn't want to leave her comfortable position. Then, a metaphorical light bulb appeared above her head.

 

She grabbed her prosthetic arm and used it to move her phone within reaching distance. With a victorious laugh, she congratulated herself. "Izumi, you big-brained genius."

 

Careful not to drop her phone in the water (easier said than done with only one hand), she scrolled through her contacts before finding the one that said: "High Noon" with a cowboy hat next to it. She pressed the call button before putting the phone on speaker and placing it on the edge of the tub, sure that it won't fall. It may be waterproof, but it would still be a pain to fish out.

 

She didn’t have to wait long before the voice of her uncle rang out through the bathroom “Well Howdy Firefly! Ah didn’t expect to hear from you so soon!” Izumi smiled slightly at her Uncle's hammed-up western accent and stretched in the bath before speaking. 

 

“Uncle Han, you're Japanese, why do you always talk like that?” she asked, already knowing the answer. 

 

“Well, Ah’m American at heart dammit!” she grinned at the indignation in his voice. 

 

“That’s fair.” she absentmindedly looked at her phone “So, about that offer from UA?” 

 

She practically heard Han lean forward as he answered, “Yes?” 

 

“I’ve got a few questions about it before I accept if that’s alright?” 

 

Han’s relieved voice came through. “Well sure! Ah, can answer anything you need to know!” 

 

While Izumi talked with her Uncle, she was unaware of the pair of ears listening in from the other side of the bathroom door.

 


 

As Izumi descended the stairs to the garage to make sure her gear was properly put away, she heard shuffling. She paused mid-step and then continued forward much more quietly. She stopped halfway down the stairs and reached into a secret compartment she kept hidden under a specific point in the railing. She pulled from it a loaded P226 handgun.

 

She paused for a moment when she reached the bottom of the stairs and waited for a noise that would tell her where the person in her garage was. When she heard more rustling, she figured they were by her bike. Her bike!

 

"Son of a-" She quickly rounded the corner and aimed straight for the intruder's head. "Freeze!"

 

"Ah! I surrender! Give me your worst!" Jin threw his hands in the air.

 

"Holy… Jin! I could have shot you!" Izumi released the breath she was holding as she lowered her gun and flipped the safety on. "What are you doing down here… and why are you wearing my helmet?" She raised an eyebrow as she saw that Jin, indeed, was wearing the helmet of the current version of her Hero Uniform.

 

"No reason. Mind your own business."

 

Izumi sighed and chose to ignore the second voice. "Come on. You know you can tell me." She gave him a comforting smile.

 

Jin did an exaggerated superhero pose. "It makes me feel strong. I'm weak, and it makes me feel safe."

 

Izumi hummed, noting how that time it wasn't a complete contradiction like usual. "Well, if that's how my headpieces make you feel…" She walked over and rummaged through a cabinet near the wall, before pulling out a sealed box. "Here we go. All these are basically my older mask designs." She handed the box to Jin, before holding her hand out. "You can pick one of my masks from there, but I'm gonna need that helmet back."

 

Jin stubbornly turned and looked away like a child. "No! I've got you in my sights!"

 

Izumi only smiled as she responded in kind. "Jin, it's about to be high noon if you don't give me my helmet."

 

"Hah! Jokes on you Big Sis, it's one in the morning! But it's around noon somewhere in the world…"

 

"Jin…" Izumi placed a hand on her hip, her previous still outstretched for her helmet.

 

Jin simply stared at the box for a few moments before answering. "Fine." Zero contradictions that time, Izumi noted.

 

He quickly set the box down on the nearby workbench that Izumi used to work on her guns before looking through the box. He eventually pulled out a mask that was black and had a green cross-hair design on it. Quickly, he pulled off Izumi's helmet, revealing his blonde hair and the scar running down his forehead, before covering it back up quickly with the new (technically old) mask.

 

Izumi smiled at her brother and gave him a thumbs up “Well don’t you look fierce.” 

 

Jin nodded and posed “I feel like I can take on the world! Time to commit arson!

 

Izumi laughed at this, but in the back of her mind, she reminded herself to double-check her ammo locker to make sure her incendiary rounds were out of reach.

 

“Right, well I know you’re like…in your thirties but you might want to get some sleep,” She started moving to put her gear away while Jin moved to the stairs to head up. 

 

Halfway up the stairs though he stopped and turned towards his sister. “Izumi?” 

 

“Hmm?” the young Heroine responded while hanging her armor. 

 

“You aren’t going to leave us, are you? You better not, or I’ll break your legs!” 

 

Izumi finished up and walked up the stairs towards Jin, hugging him with one arm and a smile “Yea, I’ve got it all worked out JinJin, don’t worry.” 

 

“I’m not worried! I’m terrified…” Jin quietly whispered 

 

“Well, don’t worry You and Himi are coming with me to Japan when I go…” she smiled “So no worries!” 

 

He nodded and after exiting the garage the two went to their room, Jin climbing into his own top bunk while Izumi sat at her desk to submit her report to the Houston Hero Commission before heading off to bed. 

 


 

The next morning, Izumi walked into Himiko's room to wake her little sister up for breakfast.

 

She pretended not to notice a certain detail as she shook the little Gremlin awake.

 

"Wake the heck up, samurai! We've got a city to burn!" Izumi said in a deep voice.

 

Himiko groaned as she tried to swat away her sister. "Noooo! I don't wanna!" She whined.

 

"That's what happens when you stay up 'till one in the morning." Izumi stood up and wrapped Himiko in a burrito using the blonde's blankets, before lifting her up easily and dropping Himiko back down onto her bed. The suddenness of the action did its job in waking her up, as evident by her sister's muffled yelp. 

 

"Okay! Okay! I'll get up!" She then worked at untangling herself from her blanket burrito prison. 

 

After letting Himiko get up and head to the bathroom to shower, Izumi quickly moved out of her sister's room, ignoring the obviously already packed suitcase that was "hidden" in her closet. Little Gremlin, eavesdropping on her in the bath.

 

She made her way into the kitchen to help Jin with breakfast. The older man might have some emotional and mental issues, but he was a wiz in the kitchen and cooking was honestly one of the only things his split personalities could agree on. She asked him if he needed any help, and he waved her away while expertly flipping a pancake onto a waiting hot plate. 

 

“Honestly JinJin you should open a restaurant, you know Pa would front you the money if you wanted…” she mumbled through her coffee. She already knew he’d say no before she even saw him shake his head. 

 

“No, that’s alright…I don’t like cooking for anyone else! Just you guys!” 

 

She was about to say something in response when the sound of footsteps reached her ear. She turned to see her father and Himiko walking into the kitchen, Himiko dressed simply in her pajama pants and nightshirt while her father was dressed sharply for work, as usual. 

 

“Morning Pa!” She quickly stood up and gave her dad a peck on the cheek much to his delight as he quickly pulled a chair out for Himiko before seating himself as well. 

 

“Morning Firefly, Morning Jin!” he saluted his… eldest son (even after years that was still weird to think about) and quickly took a sip of his waiting mug of coffee. “So, Izu, have you made your decision?” 

 

Himiko stopped drooling at the sight of the bacon and eggs Jin had placed in front of her and turned to look at her sister. Jin, already knowing the answer, continued his breakfast preparations. 

 

“Yup,” Izumi turned to Himiko. “I hope you’re packed 'cause we’re gonna be heading to Japan by the end of the day!” 

 

Himiko beamed at her “We?” and at Izumi’s nod she almost got up and started cheering but a strict look from both Jin and Hisashi made her think otherwise, so instead she pumped her fist. 

 

“Yep, so make sure you guys are packed, we’ll stay with Mama when we get there, and then we can talk to UA about living arrangements after.” Izumi fiddled with her pancakes while she talked, she turned to her dad and asked “I hope you don’t mind me borrowing your private plane again?” 

 

HIsashi merely waved her away over his newspaper, “I barely use the damn thing anyway, You know your mom doesn’t like flying, it's part of the reason she never comes to visit.” He said that last part fondly with no malice or anger on his part, like it was something he loved about Inko. “Just make sure to pay the staff for working overtime.” 

 

With that the family of four continued their breakfast, Hisashi headed out to work at his support company while Izumi wrangled Jin and Himiko into packing their belongings. 

 

“Remember to just pack clothes and your school supplies Himi, you can pack some of your dolls and such too but anything else we can get in Japan.” Izumi firmly told her sister as she loaded her Motorcycle onto the moving truck her father had ordered. She had seen Himiko’s packed suitcase earlier that morning but had gone through it with her sister, and pointed out to her that no, stuffed animals weren’t more important than clothing when packing for a year long trip across the ocean…

 

The movers were currently helping to move her Hero gear, which would be sent across to UA first, so far four of her five weapon lockers were placed in the truck along with her ammo lockers and motorcycle. The only thing left was her Hero outfit and a few moments later that too was loaded and on its way to George Bush Intercontinental to be shipped to Japan. 

 

After a few more hours of packing, the trio sat down in front of the TV to watch a show together before they headed out themselves. Himiko decided to put on a cartoon, what with her being twelve and all, while Izumi absentmindedly checked the Hero Net on her phone, Jin watched the show, just as engrossed as Himiko was and before they knew it it was time to leave. 

 

They loaded up into Izumi’s civilian car and quickly drove to the airport. While they did, Izumi gave them the rundown. 

 

“Jin still knows Japanese, so I don’t need to worry about him but while we fly I’m going to give you a refresher okay, Himi? I know we kept you up to speed but you’re out of practice so it’s better to start now.” Izumi told Himiko who was pouting in the front seat next to her. 

 

“I don’t understand why I have to relearn it…why can’t we just speak English?” 

 

Surprisingly it was Jin that answered the question, not Izumi. “Mama Inko isn’t fluent in English. It’s why she doesn’t come visit us! She hates us! She loves us but she started learning English too late in life and it’s not something she really needs to practice regularly so…” 

 

Izumi nodded “Exactly so, do it for Mama okay?” She pulled into the parking garage, where one of her dad's employees was waiting. She quickly tossed him the keys to her car. “Hey Fernando, thanks for doing this for me.” She smiled at the older man and handed him a couple of bills “Just make sure it gets home alright?” At his thumbs up the trio made their way to the private airstrip waiting for them and began boarding their flight. 

 

The flight attendant on board bowed to Izumi “Thank you for your patronage Miss Midoriya. I hope you all find your flight enjoyable, ask me if you need anything.” Izumi just smiled and nodded before the three took their seats, with Jin taking up an entire row of seating to himself while Himiko sat in the window seat next to Izumi. 

 

Once they had taken off Izumi sighed and pulled out one of her notebooks, and motioned for Himiko to pay attention as they went over the basics of the Japanese language. Hearing Jin snoring in the seat across from them, Izumi groaned.

 

It was going to be a long thirteen-hour flight. 

Izumi's Hero Uniform, only the blue lights are green:
What Izumi Looks like in her Hero Outfit