Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Stats:
Published:
2022-02-01
Completed:
2022-02-15
Words:
24,444
Chapters:
14/14
Comments:
20
Kudos:
62
Bookmarks:
18
Hits:
2,967

Tears are gonna fall

Summary:

A Reylo oneshot and drabble collection for the #angstruary of the facebook page "Es de Fanfics."

If you don't like heavy angst, please don't read this story.

Read the tags.

Notes:

For the next 15 days I'm gonna post oneshots and drabbles for a writing challenge.
None of them are related, well, only two are related: Bullying and Drugs

Chapter 1: I did it for you

Summary:

Ben arrived late at Exegol and Rey made a decision that will change their lives.

Chapter Text

 

“My grandchild has come home!” he added triumphantly.

He radiated evil, but her feet twitched toward him. She could not look away. There was something oddly compelling about him.

“I never wanted you dead,” he said. “I wanted you here, Empress Palpatine.”

This was nothing she wanted, she reminded herself, even as her feet threatened to step forward. Yes, Rey wanted to kill him, but she had no idea that doing so would mean she would take his place as Empress.

“You will take the throne,” he assured her. “It is your birthright to rule, here. It is in your blood. Our blood.”

Several figures stepped forward, draped in crimson, similar to Snoke’s guard, which she and Kylo had defeated together. Rey had a feeling these guards would prove more formidable adversaries.

She forced herself to sound strong, to back away from the Emperor. “I haven’t come to lead the Sith. I’ve come to end them.”

“As a Jedi,” the Emperor said, his voice oozing contempt.

“Yes.”

He smiled. “No. Your hatred. Your anger. You want to kill me. That is what I want. Kill me and my spirit will pass into you. As all the Sith live in me. You will be Empress. We will be one.”

The Emperor said, “The time has come!”

As one, thousands of disciples fell to their knees, chanting something in a language Rey had never heard.

Palpatine’s eyes widened with zeal. “With your anger, you will take my life, and you will ascend. As I did, when I killed my master, Darth Plagueis.” He grinned, showing gray teeth and oozing red gums. “Now. Raise your saber and strike me down.”

Rey frowned. Luke had warned her about this. “All you want is for me to hate. But I won’t. Not even you.”

“Weak! Like your parents.”

She shook her head. “My parents were strong. They saved me from you.”

The cavernous room shook. Light poured down as a vast stone ceiling opened, revealing Star Destroyers silhouetted against a furious sky. The Resistance fighters were gnats in comparison, darting in and out, dodging fire from monstrous cannons and Final Order TIEs. Explosions lit up the sky. Her friends were dying.

“They don’t have long. And you are the one who led them here,” the Emperor pointed out.

Tears filled her eyes. The Resistance fighters were losing badly. The Emperor was manipulating her, yes, but he was doing it with the truth. This was her fault.

“Strike me down. Take the throne as Empress. Reign over the new Empire and the fleet will be yours to do as you wish. Only you have the power to save them all. Refuse and your new family dies.”

The thought swelled in her head until she was giddy with it. Empress. Would that be so bad? Maybe taking on this mantle would be worth it. To bring peace. To save her friends. The whole galaxy would have no choice but to be saved.

Rey stared, agonized, at the battle above her.

“Very well,” Palpatine said. “Finish them.”

“Wait!” she said. “Wait.”

He paused. She turned to the Emperor, her mind beginning to fill with thoughts of surrender and resignation. Her grandfather smiled indulgently.

“Good,” he said. “It is time for a scavenger to rise as an empress. Strike me down and pledge yourself as a Sith.”

The lightning in the cavernous cathedral intensified, reflected against her grandfather’s milk-blind eyes. She took one step forward. Another.

“She will draw her weapon,” the Emperor intoned.

Rey made her face blank. She unhooked Luke’s lightsaber and ignited it.

“She will come to me!” he said, and the crowd responded with a collective yell.

Rey stepped closer still. Her grandfather smelled like rotting meat.

“She will take her revenge,” Palpatine boomed.

Rey continued to approach. His power was intoxicating. She found herself raising her weapon, almost against her will. 

She remembered the visions of her parents leaving her on Jakku to protect her. It was all Palpatine's fault. If he hadn't been alive, she could have had a safe and happy childhood, she would have had a loving family, and Ben would never have joined the dark side. Anger was beginning to flow into her and there was no way to stop it.

“And with the stroke of her saber, the Sith are reborn! The Jedi are dead!”

She lifted her saber to strike—looking at him with so much hatred.

“Do it!” Palpatine screamed. “Make the sacrifice!”

Rey prepared to strike a fatal blow by raising her lightsaber behind her. She would kill him, but she would not allow him to possess her body. Closed her eyes and delivered a true blow, killing him instantly.

She resisted Palpatine's soul for several seconds until it turned to dust, rendering the terrible Emperor unable to inhabit her body. She was now the Empress, and she and Ben could be finally together.

The darkness was engulfing her, and she decided to stop fighting it and let it consume her. All of the followers who had been kneeling had now risen to their feet to celebrate their new Empress. She ordered everyone to depart, as well as a cease to the attack on the rebel fleet. She had more important things to concentrate on at this point.


It had taken Ben Solo too long to climb through the ruins of the Death Star in search of a hangar bay, even longer to find an old scout-class TIE and coax it into flying for him. He landed his TIE scout beside an old Rebellion X-wing. He couldn’t help pausing to stare at the two ships. Old enemies, parked side by side like he and Rey.

Something tingled at the base of his skull, a familiar awareness... She was there, but something was wrong—he could feel it. He was unencumbered by helmet or cape, and he sprinted for the monolith, ducked beneath it, launched himself into the shaft. Nothing would stop him from reaching her.He caught himself on one of the massive chains dangling from the ceiling and looked down. The floor was so far below him that it was lost in shadow. Too far to climb down quickly, probably too far to jump down safely.

He reached the end of the Sith monoliths and rounded a corner. Familiar figures manifested in the flashing dark. First Vicrul and his scythe. Then Kiruk and his plasma blaster. And suddenly all six were arrayed before him. His Knights. For the briefest moment, Ben actually thought they’d come to help. But hate rolled off them in waves like fetid air. The Knights of Ren had never been his. They had belonged to the Emperor all along. A final betrayal. Snoke had been nothing more than a pawn. The Emperor had whispered poison to Ben his whole life. Now even the Knights, those whom he thought his faithful brothers, were raising their weapons for the kill.

They surrounded him slowly, like predators stalking their prey. He could take two or three at a time, but these were his very own. He’d trained with them. They could even touch the Force in a small way. He didn’t stand a chance against all of them at once, not armed with just a blaster. Maybe it had been premature to throw his lightsaber into the sea.

Ben blasted one attacker, thrusted away another with the Force, spun to face a third…

…as something cracked the back of his skull, sending him to his knees.

Another blow crushed his abdomen, robbing him of air, and he bent over gasping.

The Knights, in their supreme arrogance, backed away, allowed Ben to gain his feet. He seemed defenseless to them. They must have never really respected him, or even his abilities, to give him ground now. Ben sucked in air as they circled for another attack. He couldn't handle all of them, and he had nothing to fight back with, other than his fists. In an attempt to stop them, he used the force. The six knights cornered him and began striking him with their weapons in unison, while he attempted to defend himself as best he could. Ap'lek took him by the arm and led him, along with his other companions, to where the new Empress was, dressed in black after they made her change her attire to look as she should.

The knights of Ren bowed in front of Rey's throne, "Your Majesty."

"Or do you want us to call you anything else? Empress?” Trudgen inquired.

"What did you do to him?" Rey questioned, quite annoyed, seeing how beaten her lover was.

Cardo glared at Ben and said, "He's a traitor, and we had to teach him a lesson."

"Leave us right now!" She screamed angrily at the Knights of Ren. 

They all bowed and walked away, finally releasing Ben and leaving them alone.

"Ben," she murmured as she ran over to hug him.

“Rey, why did they call you Empress?” He asked her, completely confused.

"I killed Palpatine in order to stop him from attacking the Resistance fleet. Besides, being an Empress would allow us to be finally together." Ben's face was grabbed by Rey's hands.

"Joining the dark side was not the solution." He looked at her disapprovingly.

Ben was taken aback by the news. For a year, he had wanted her to join him, believing it was the best for them both, for their connection... for him. But it was not like that, he wanted her by his side because he loved her and believed that if she took his hand, everything would be fine, and they would be happy together. Now he realized that Rey shared his beliefs, which is why she wanted him to leave the First Order and join her, except that she was right. If he had run away with her, none of this would have happened. And he'd be able to see his mother once more.

"Don't you understand? I did it for you. We can finally rule the galaxy as you asked me to." Rey let go of his face and grabbed his hand in hers.

"You killed Kylo Ren in Ker Bif. And I made a decision when you told me you wanted to take Ben's hand; I wasn't going to allow the darkness to tell me what to do anymore," he explained, looking at her tenderly despite what was happening.

"Ben—"

"Rey, this isn't you."

"People keep telling me they know, no one does."

"But I do. Come with me and let's get out of here. You've never belonged on the dark side, and you never will."

"I'm sorry, Ben—It's too late. But don't worry, the attack has ceased and the Resistance is safe for now."

"Come with me, please."

Rey stared at him for a few moments before igniting Luke's lightsaber. Ben was taken aback and remained immobile. She raised the saber almost against her will and stared in agony at her dyad.

"If you don't want to join me, please leave." She began to cry as she begged him, "I don't want to hurt you."

She handed him her lightsaber and Leia's as well as turned off the lightsaber.

"Rey, I promise I'll come back and fight for you."

"I know you will."

Ben moved closer to her and softly kissed her, hugging her waist and taking her by the neck, holding her close to him, while she grabbed his face with both hands again.

He caressed the girl's cheek as they separated from the kiss—admiring her freckled face, the green eyes that stared at him with sadness, her full lips, and her slightly flushed cheeks.

"Goodbye, Ben."

"I'll come back for you, sweetheart. I promise," he whispered, before leaving.

In addition to the grief he felt at having to leave his dyad in that dreadful place, he ran out of there in pain because it seemed that several ribs had been fractured after his fight against the Knights of Ren.

Rey stood there watching him walk away, praying to the force that he would get it to the Resistance in one piece and that they would welcome him, because despite everything, he had redeemed himself and Leia would have wanted them to take him in. She sat on her new throne, feeling a vast emptiness, and sobbed; she didn't want this, but she had no choice. Maybe the universe didn't want her and Ben to be happy or together.

Chapter 2: Soulmates not destinated

Summary:

Princess Rey falls in love with a knight nicknamed Kylo Ren. They have a secret and forbidden love until Emperor Palpatine finds about their romance and things get complicated.

Notes:

CW: major character death, so that's mean there's no HEA.

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

Princess Rey didn’t know that meeting the mighty knight Kylo Ren would change her life forever. 

When she was younger, her parents told her about how they found each other and how they were soulmates, pointing to their matching small marks, which looked like little flowers on their shoulders. Those stories made her wonder if she would ever find her soulmate or if she would be like most people who marry because of marriage arrangements and, if they were lucky, like their parents, ended up becoming soulmates.

Ben Solo, better known as Kylo Ren, was an infamous Naboo army knight recognized for his bravery and courage. Emperor Palpatine regarded him as his most loyal warrior, but he always sent him to battles for a simple reason: Ben Solo was the rightful heir to the throne, but he was unaware of it, which gave the Emperor an advantage, as he welcomed him after the deaths of Duchess Leia Organa and Han Solo, both of whom were caused by the Emperor himself to keep young Solo under his control and never know the truth or claim what was rightfully his.

Rey was in the royal garden with her lady and closest friend Rose Tico the day she met Kylo, smelling the flowers and collecting some. He'd returned from war triumphant as always, and it was there that they first met. Snoke, the second in command, received him and introduced him to the Princess, who seemed curious about the mysterious man.

"The mighty Kylo Ren has returned!" Snoke exclaimed, fascinated, and moved closer to the behemoth man.

Kylo bowed before his lord and said, "It's good to be back."

"Who is it, Lord Snoke?" Rey inquired as she approached them.

"My name is Rey," she introduced herself, her gaze attracted to the warrior.

"Your Highness," he bowed.


When they crossed paths for the second time, both collided and Ben helped her up and touched her hand, a flash burst in front of their eyes, and they both got marks on their arms, she a blue sword and he a red one. They were soulmates. Rey was astonished but also delighted. Her dream had finally come true, something she had wished for since she was a child. She had to admit that Kylo was incredibly attractive and strong—and she had liked him since the first time she met him—but she had not expected him to be her soulmate. He asked her to be cautious and keep the secret for a while. Ben was afraid of what would happen if the Emperor found out that he and his granddaughter were soulmates. Although he was their fiercest and most powerful knight and despite being the son of a Duchess, he had lost everything in the fire that killed his family. Palpatine would never allow his granddaughter to marry him.

They both fell in love during the first month of secretly seeing each other, and they were usually somewhere in the palace whenever they could, enjoying each other's company. When Kylo was required to return to war in order to protect the kingdom, Rey waited in agony for him to return safely.

Ben enjoyed resting on the grass next to Rey, stroked her long ginger hair, admired the girl's beautiful face, which was full of freckles that he loved to kiss, and hugged her with great affection until nightfall when she had to return to the palace. And Rey liked being around that gentleman, who had gorgeous, silky black hair that she loved to brush. But she was particularly captivated by those hazel eyes and plump lips, which she kissed passionately and tenderly.

Furious, Rey arrived at her hidden place—a small lake outside the palace—one afternoon after eating with her grandfather. 

"They want me to marry another," Rey muttered as she sat on the grass, taking a flower in her hands.

"What are you talking about?"

"The Emperor wants me to marry a prince," she said, a sigh of frustration in her voice. "We should tell my grandfather that you and I are soulmates."

"I'm not sure that's a good idea. At least not for the time being. I'll figure out a way for us to be together. My mother told me when I was a kid there has to be a rule about soulmates."

"I'm sure you'll find something." She gave him a kiss on the cheek. "I love you, Ben."

"I love you too, Rey. You have no idea how much.

 

 

Ben spent the following few days in the palace library, looking for knowledge that could help them. He didn't find anything about it in the end, but he did learn something about his history, which enraged him. He knew his mother was important, but he never expected that everyone would lie to him and hide the fact that she was the heir to the throne, specifically because Ben's biological grandmother, Padme Amidala, was the Queen of Naboo before dying in childbirth from mysterious causes. His grandmother, like Han and Leia, had died of unknown circumstances, which bewildered him. Only one person benefited immensely from their deaths, and that was the Emperor. So, for his family, Ben would seek vengeance. He may not have desired the throne, but he loved Rey, and he would not let her suffer because of Palpatine.

Ben had been plotting to overthrow Palpatine, for a month. Secretly meeting with his parents' allies—the Rebellion—who were more than willing to help and avenge the murders of their friends.

The princess's wedding was approaching, and they needed to act soon.

 

 

Rey went to Ben's quarters because it had been a few days since they had seen each other, but there was no one, so she sat on the bed and waited for him to return. After an hour, the door finally opened, revealing an irritated Ben Solo, who slammed the door shut. His rage vanished as he saw his lover waiting for him, so he approached her to kiss her.

The kiss became more passionate, and before they knew it, they were in bed, touching and undressing one another.

Ben was the first one to wake up the next day. Before getting out of bed and getting dressed, he caressed Rey's tousled hair and exposed skin. Rey awoke shortly after and sat up, the sheet covering her body.

"I hope you slept well," Ben remarked, his voice raspy, as he approached her to kiss her.

"More than good." She kissed him once more, drawing him closer to her and causing them both to lie down on the bed.

"As much as I'd like to stay with you like this, you must go to have breakfast with the Emperor."

Rey's expression turned to one of irritation. Ben assisted her in getting dressed, and after she was ready, they went to the door. They kissed once more as she touched her lover's still-bare chest.

She left the room and returned to her quarters, where her ladies were waiting to assist her in changing and styling her hair. What Rey didn't realize was that a servant of her grandfather had seen her leave Kylo Ren's chamber and that devoted servant would, of course, inform his master.

Breakfast went on as usual: Palpatine informed her about the wedding preparations, and when the Prince would arrive, while she defiantly ignored him.

She went for a walk to clear her thoughts and found Ben, with whom she walked through the halls, keeping a safe distance so no one would notice. But as they turned a corner, Palpatine and several guards, as well as the servant who had seen her, were waiting for them.

"Take her!" Exclaimed the emperor, furiously.

Two guards grabbed her arms and dragged her away.

Ben, angry, shouted, "Let her go."

He tried to help her but was stopped by other guards, forcing him to engage in combat with them.

"How could you betray me when you were my most loyal knight?" Indignantly, said the Emperor. "My granddaughter is engaged, and if you don't want to suffer the consequences, you'd best keep a distance from her," he warned.

"I love her, and we are soulmates," Ben proudly declared.

Sarcastically, Palpatine laughed.

"Of course," he cynically said. That is not possible!" The emperor exclaimed.

"Take a look at mine and her marks." Ben rolled up his sleeve shirt.

The Emperor ordered Rey to reveal her mark after looking at Ben's.

"I request a duel with her future spouse. If I win, she stays with me; if I lose, Your Majesty exiles me forever," Ben declared confidently.

"You seem to be certain that you will win."

"I am your bravest and strongest warrior, as you have claimed for a long time."

"Good," said the Emperor mockingly. "The Prince arrives in a month, guards will accompany you and the Princess until then, if you decide to disobey and meet each other in secret again, the dungeon would be the least of your problems," he said, mischievously glancing at Ben.


The duel day arrived. Rey was in her chambers, gazing out the window and enjoying the landscape. Their future was unknown, and she was terrified. She was well-aware of what her grandfather was capable of. Ben had told her that he was certain Palpatine had murdered his grandmother Padme as well as his parents. And now she suspected the Emperor was also responsible for the deaths of her parents, who died when she was eight years old. Rey knew Palpatine would do anything to make Kylo lose the duel, so she had to go to Ben and persuade him to escape with her. Her ladies finished changing her, and she dashed out of her chambers as fast as she could till she reached the location of the duel.

The mighty knight Kylo Ren was on his way to the place of the duel. Rey came running up to her, and when he saw her, he kissed her tenderly and lovingly. She hugged him tightly once they separated.

"Ben, we can escape now, come. This doesn't have to end with a battle," Rey murmured as she gently took his arms.

"I know what I have to do," he said as he caressed her cheek.

"Please, don't go his way. Come with me." She cried out in desperation.

"Rey... It's too late. But I promise I'll win and we'll be together. You won't have to marry that man and soon Palpatine will pay the consequences for his actions," he sounded utterly determined.

"I don't want something to happen to you. What if you die?" Rey burst into tears, fearing the worst.

"Nothing will happen to me. I promise, my love." He wiped his beloved's tears away.

"I love you, Ben. And my heart will belong to you, always."

For the last time, they kissed passionately and desperately. Then, Kylo turned and climbed his horse, riding towards the arena, where a knight—who would take Rey's fiancée place— was waiting for him, because as a prince, he was not allowed to participate in the duel according to Palpatine's orders.

The guards who had been following her approached her and led her to the balcony where she would watch the duel.

The duel began, with the two knights riding their horses and fighting each other with swords and shields. Lords and knights were amused as they watched the duel, as it had been a long time since there had been one. So far, it appeared that Kylo would win because all of his attacks were precise and caused his opponent to nearly fall from his horse at least twice. During one of his many attacks, Kylo stabbed the other knight's horse with the sword, killing him but also leading his own horse to panic and jump, causing Kylo to fall to the ground and his horse to land on top of him. Since his legs were trapped under the animal, and he couldn't move, his opponent went after him with an ax, and Kylo had no alternative but to defend himself with his shield, which he managed to take in time. 

Rey stood there, frightened and terrified, watching the fight. She was aware that Ben was a great fighter and a formidable opponent, but she was also aware of her loved one's adversary. He was the Emperor's bodyguard, and his position was to be much stronger, even stronger than Kylo, as he dealt with all crown traitors.

Kylo fought his opponent to get the ax, provoking the horse to panic and deliver a kick that hit the knight, allowing Kylo to rise. He grabbed his sword and approached his adversary, who was recovering from a severe kick. They fought for a few moments, both of them exhausted.

The Princess watched expectantly, waiting for Ben to win.

Kylo was regaining energy, and he was delivering strikes that knocked his opponent down. The other defended himself from the ground, and when he stood up again, he broke Kylo's sword, which he continued fighting as if nothing had occurred. His opponent appeared to have regained strength as well, and he was attacking with firm and powerful strikes. He grabbed Kylo and shoved him against the wall, provoking Ben to strike him in the stomach in order to leave him. He let him go, but with his sword, he slashed close to Ben's face, knocking him to the ground. Kylo picked up a dagger he found on the ground, stood up, and leapt at his opponent, driving the knife into his leg. Kylo backed off a little, but his opponent continued to attack him, limping a little. Ben only had that dagger as a weapon, but he defended himself successfully, knocking the other knight to the ground and leaving him unable to rise. He walked cautiously, dagger in hand, ready to stab his opponent in the neck or face, but his adversary stabbed him in the thigh with the ax, causing him to falter, and then rushed to toss him to the ground.

Rey became too concerned, fearing that something horrible would occur. She wanted to see her loved one, praying that he was okay, but she no longer wanted to see the duel. The duel was just to see who would win; no one should be killed. That was repeated several times in her head.

They were both battling on the ground, and everyone in the audience was watching with bated breath. Kylo's opponent had obtained the dagger and was on top of him, attempting to drive it through him. He attempted many tries, but Kylo was able to shield himself from them, so the knight stabbed the dagger first in one leg and then in the hand, causing Ben's defense to weaken slightly as a result of the pain. He attempted three more times until Kylo—losing more and more blood—tried to defend himself weakly and unsuccessfully. Finally, his opponent thrust the knife into Kylo's face, killing him immediately.

After she saw the incident, Rey screamed fiercely. She collapsed to her knees—tears streaming down her face—utterly devastated.

She hugged herself and muttered to herself, "This can't be happening. No way, no... This is just a dream, a nightmare..."

She pressed her eyes shut tightly, tears streaming down her flushed cheeks from sobbing intensely.

The guards took her arms and held her up in front of the Emperor, who had arrived to visit her.

"If you hadn't been so selfish and stubborn, you could have prevented this. We lost our bravest and most powerful knight because of you," he said contemptuously. "Take her!"

Rey turned her gaze to Ben's dead body on the ground.

"Goodbye, my love," she whispered with a broken heart.

The guards escorted her to her chambers and locked the door behind them, keeping an eye on her in case she tried to escape. Her ladies arrived to comfort her, but Rey was just planning on how to kill her grandfather, so she requested their assistance, after all, they were devoted to her and not to the Emperor.

She was imprisoned for two weeks, but she had planned a strategy with her ladies to overthrow Palpatine with the help of the Rebellion. She would finish what Ben started.


The day arrived, and after Palpatine allowed her to have breakfast with him, Rey escaped from the palace, swallowing a poison along the way. Guards chased her as the Rebellion seized over the palace, so she tried to avoid them and ran faster. She began to sob as she approached the hidden spot where she and Ben used to meet one other, remembering the wonderful times they shared. She walked to the lake's shore and looked back one last time, seeing the guards approaching.

She muttered, "My love, we'll see each other again," and stepped into the lake, drowning moments later.

Notes:

This was based on a Instagram edit I made.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CRotdYPKoKs/

Chapter 3: Gaslighting

Summary:

Rey Palpatine and her apprentice, Kylo Ren, had a interesting conversation during their training.

Notes:

Something I forgot to say was that english is not my first languague so... if you find spelling or grammatical errors please tell me.

Chapter Text

Rey Palpatine, better known as Commander Kira Ren of the First Order, trained with her apprentice, Ben Solo, now known as Kylo Ren. Because of his bloodline, he was born with an innate affinity in the force, but he hesitated to use it to its full potential in the dark, which frustrated Rey.

"I told you to use your hate and anger. Which part did you not understand? Remember what I told you," she scolded him, her tone irritated.

"That I should return to the Jedi temple because I don't serve you as an apprentice?" Ben responded, recalling all the things Rey had said to him.

"Ben—I never said that," she murmured softly, claiming to be the victim.

“You did,” Ben answered, folding his arms and speaking with that deep voice she loved.

“I told you to stop acting like you were still in the Jedi temple. I need you here, with me. We are powerful and unstoppable when we work together. I would never let you go back to the temple. You must have misheard.”

She approached him carefully. She leaned closer to the man's face, millimeters from his lips, and touched his cheek. She licked her lips and gave her apprentice a seductive look.

"Do you realize why I need you with me? You're getting stronger now. You can reach your full potential when you are with me." She moved away from Ben. "Remember, don't be afraid of who you are..." she added.

"All right, I just need a bit more time to adjust."

“I understand,” she says. “And I promise to give you as much time as you need... I still remember when you finally joined me—it wasn’t so difficult after all,” she wistfully recalled, chuckling a little.

“You accomplished it because you were dishonest to me. You are a good liar.” He gave her a disapproving glance.

“But I never lied to you.” She gave him an offended glance. “It was just a joke that you chose to take seriously. That was your fault, not mine. It doesn’t matter, though, since you’re now mine.” Rey stared at him intensely. “And I’m yours.” She smirked.

 

"We are not done yet." Ben spoke to her rudely.

"I'm sure you'll give up this fight eventually. You're a coward, "Rey gave him a defiant glare.

He calmed down and replied, "Jedis don't attack."

“Pathetic, Jedi. I will destroy you!"

Kira grabbed her red double-bladed lightsaber and ignited it.

"Hmmm, I doubt it," the man chuckled.

"Are you sure, Solo?" She asked, arching her eyebrow.

“Very sure, Rey Palpatine."

"Don't call me that; my name is Kira Ren!" Ben smirked as she exclaimed. "Di'kut."

He flirted with her and said, "You can call me whatever you want, cyar'ika."

"I once captured you and managed to obtain something with it; I can destroy you." She said, trying unsuccessfully to forget how he called her "cyar'ika," which made her flush.

"Really? Then enlighten me and tell me how you would do it."

"I know everything I need to know about you." She replied, frowning, and her double-bladed lightsaber was turned off.

"You don't know shit about me," he said, watching her intensely.

Ben turned his back from his enemy and began walking away.

"Don't you dare walk away."

"All I wanted to do was demonstrate my point." He turned around to gaze at her once again. "You won't be able to kill me. I'm not sure if it's because you were told not to do it or because you simply don't want to."

Rey remained silent, her gaze focused on him.

"You're so lonely... After I entered your head during the interrogation, I could see it in your thoughts." He crossed his arms across his chest.

"You don't know me," she snapped.

"However, I do, just as you claim you know me."

"Do you believe you could help me redeem myself?" He was mocked by Rey.

"Yes. It's a matter of allowing yourself to be helped," Ben said sincerely and hopefully.

"Even if it means joining the darkness?" She inquired.

"Yes," he didn't hesitate.

"Good. Join me, and maybe I'll let you help me," she said as she extended her hand to Ben. 

"You're right, I'm really lonely, and perhaps if you're at my side, I'll feel so much better and decide to return to the light. You can feel that there is still light in me; please, Ben, help me." Ben glanced at her as her eyes began to crystallize.

"I will join you." He took the hand of his enemy.

"Thank you," she said quietly.

 

Rey took a long look at her apprentice before reaching back to caress his cheek.

"Keep this in mind, Ben Solo." She reminded him, "you're alive because of me. My master didn't care whether you lived or not, but I decided to give you a chance since I saw your potential." She grabbed his chin with her nails and squeezed it. "So thank me, and don't say anything else about how I lied to you," she warned, her gaze fixed on him.

She walked away after releasing him.

"Continue your training," Rey ordered. "My master will want to see us soon to observe your progress."

Ben nodded and continued practicing until he was completely exhausted.

Rey left him alone for a few hours, and after the training was over, she returned and sneaked up behind him while he cleaned his sweat with a towel, half naked.

Ben shivered as she touched the man's back.

Rey moved up close and said softly. "You've earned a nice rest, Solo." I can help you with it."

She kissed Ben's back and massaged his shoulders.

"Rey—"

"Shh. Let me help you."

She continued massaging him before standing in front of him and then she kissed him after they both stared into each other's eyes. They let themselves enjoy the moment and he carried her, stamping her against the wall, as the kiss intensified.

Between kisses, she muttered, "I told you joining me wasn't that awful."

"Maybe you're right."

Ben replied, using the force to unfasten Rey's belt, still carrying the woman.

Maybe joining the dark side wasn't such a bad idea after all. It had benefits since nothing stopped him from being with his dyad, just as they were now.

 

Chapter 4: Ghosting

Summary:

Ben disappeared from his family and friends lives until one day he came back to his parents house.

Chapter Text

Ben disappeared approximately 5 years ago. Since that day, everything has changed. The police suggested many theories, but his mother and girlfriend refused to accept any of them, especially the one implying his death...

Rey blamed herself for his disappearance because she didn't know that going that night to Han and Leia’s house for dinner would end in a huge argument that would enrage Ben to the point of escaping, leaving her alone. When she returned home, she expected him to be there, but he didn’t appear, and there was no sign of him for several days, worrying Rey. Han, Leia, and many of her and Ben’s friends helped in the search, without success.

Everyone lost all hope except for Leia and Rey, who continued the search despite everything.

Ben was everything to Rey. They’d been in love since college and had a lot of plans for the future. She loved him and enjoyed his company more than everyone else. They had planned to go to the villa of Ben’s grandmother, Padme, in Italy before he disappeared. He was going to propose to her there, and Rey knew thanks to Leia because, while searching for anything to help them find him, she discovered the ring where Ben used to hide surprises for her.


The doorbell rang one day, and Leia answered it, unaware that she would be reunited with her long-lost son after so many years.

"Ben?" Leia was caught off guard, and her vision began to blur.

"I'm sorry, Mom. I—"

He was interrupted by Leia, who hugged him tightly.

"All that matters is that you're here." She pulled away from the hug and stared lovingly at her kid. She motioned for him to come in, saying, "There's so much we need to talk about."

"I didn't come alone."

He took a step back and revealed a woman, who took her arm in his.

"Mother, this is Bazine, my girlfriend," he said, introducing the woman with a smiling face.

"What about Rey?" his mother inquired, confused.

Ben asked, "Who's Rey?"

Leia was perplexed by her son's confusion.

"Come in, we'll talk inside."

As Han passed by, the three entered. And the moment he saw his son, he smiled and rushed to hug him. He’d lost hope a long time ago, and seeing Ben in front of him made Han feel even worse about himself as a father. He should have trusted he’d come back, eventually.

"Ben, tell us what happened. We were looking for you after you disappeared." Leia spoke once they were all seated on the living room sofas.

"It appears that I was involved in an accident and lost my memory. It hasn't totally recovered, but Bazine, as well as my coworkers, have been very helpful," he explained, looking at his girlfriend.

"Oh Ben, I'm so sorry. I was worried something horrible might happen to you, and it did. That night, we should never have gotten into an argument with you." Han and Leia apologized profusely.

"I don't remember anything much before the accident, and I certainly don't remember that night. But you have my forgiveness."

"Do you remember who your friends are?" Han questioned.

“I only remember Poe and Snap, my childhood friends."

"That means you don't remember your girlfriend," Leia muttered, mostly to herself.

Ben replied, "Bazine is my girlfriend."

"Your mother talks about your other girlfriend, the one you left behind after the fight. She's been searching for you for a long time..." Han remarked, sadly glancing at his son.

Leia went to answer the doorbell when it rang again. She entered the living room with Rey, who was removing her coat and placing it on the clothing rack alongside her bag. She turned to meet Han but stopped when she noticed her boyfriend sitting in front of her. She began to tremble as tears streamed down her cheeks.

"Ben..." she mumbled, speechless.

"Rey, wait," Leia warned.

She turned to see who she considered as her mother, perplexed, and then to Ben, eventually acknowledging the other presence next to him.

"Rey, Ben has lost his memory," Leia said, softly touching her arm.

She wiped her tears away and whispered, "What?"

"So you're my ex-girlfriend, Rey?" Standing up and offering his hand to Rey, Ben said.

"Ex-girlfriend?" They exchanged a handshake. "I'm your girlfriend. We never broke our relationship." She gave him a bewildered expression.

"Sorry for not remembering you; I had no idea I had a girlfriend. I met Bazine almost four years ago, and we've been together ever since. I'm really sorry." He sat down again, feeling compassion for Rey.

"It's okay, I get it." She took a seat on the one-seater sofa. "You'd lost your memories and wanted to start over. It's not nice to live in a past you don't remember..."

"Have you had an experience similar to Ben's? Sorry for not introducing myself, my name is Bazine." Ben's new girlfriend introduced herself.

"Hi," Rey tried to smile. "No, but having no memory of my parents other than the day they left me—waiting for them for years knowing they would never come back—you realize that... It's probably best if I leave now." Rey stood up.

She gave Ben her engagement ring—which she had worn as a symbol of hope for several years.

"I suppose you'd like the ring you kept in your hidden box, back. I am no longer your girlfriend, and you won't, as you had planned, ask me to marry you." Rey told him, her face flushed and tears streaming down her cheeks.

She said her goodbyes to Han and then walked over to Leia, who gave her a warm hug.

"Is it okay if I tell the guys the news?" she said once both women broke out from the embrace and looked at Ben. "They'll be overjoyed that you're back. And I'm sure Poe will want to throw a big party with Finn's help."

"Okay," Ben replied, nodding.

"And I promise I'll pack my belongings as quickly as I can so you can return home. I stayed there all this time because your mother said it was fine."

"It's also your house, Rey. You've both lived there since college," Leia explained.

"It's Ben's house. He bought it," Rey remarked, glancing at her former mother-in-law.

"However, Ben bought it for you." Leia took a glance at both of them.

"It doesn't matter anymore, we're no longer together..." she said to Leia. "I promise I'll move on as soon as I find an apartment," Rey stated, now glancing at her ex-boyfriend.

"It's fine. You are free to keep it. It has felt more like your home than mine. Besides, if what my mother says is true and I bought it for you, keep it," Ben said, a tiny smile on his face. "Anyway, Bazine and I will be returning to Chicago in a few days. We won't be staying long. I have a steady job there, and I need to return soon."

"Won't you stay?" her mother inquired.

Ben denied. "I just wanted to see you and let you know I was okay. I built a life there over these years, and I can't leave just because I remembered a part of my lost memories."

They all nodded, their hearts broken by the news, but he was right. And if Ben was okay there, they couldn't stop him from leaving.

Rey said her goodbyes and returned home.

She sat on the couch, pulling her legs up to her chest and sobbing as she remembered Ben's disappearance.

 

"Are you sure going out to dine with my parents is a good idea? I know you adore them, but I haven't spoken to them since we fought a month ago," Ben explained as he put on his coat.

"Perhaps you can talk about it and come to an agreement," Rey said, coming out of the bathroom. "You can't stay upset with them forever, Benjamin Solo."

"I know," he complained, "but couldn't we wait till after our trip?" Rey shook her head. "You look stunning, as always," he added, admiring her and approaching to hug her.

"Ben—"

"When we travel to my grandmother's villa, I want to feel happy. I have a surprise for you that I have been working on for almost a year. I know how much you enjoy nature, and the location of the villa will fascinate you."

"Thank you, honey. I love you so much." She wrapped her arms around his neck, and he grabbed her by the waist.

"I love you too, sweetheart. Never forget it."

Ben caressed her cheek and gazed at her with sweetness and love. Rey closed the gap between them by passionately kissing him, while he pulled her closer to his body.

"Are you sure we can't stay? I'm thinking about what we could do right now."

"As much as I'd like to, we must leave soon."

Ben sighed in disappointment, and she kissed him once more.

Rey took her keys and gave her boyfriend the car keys. She approached him, kissed him on the cheek, and they both exited the house.

 

"We shouldn't have gone that night," she thought to herself as she rested her chin on her knees. "I should have agreed to stay at our house," she said as she looked around and took a picture of the two of them before they graduated from college. "You were and will always be my home," she remarked wistfully, touching the photo.

She stared at nothing for hours, thinking about Ben. She loved him and would always do, but he already had another life and she would have to move on with hers too. She had waited so long for her parents, knowing they would never return, and although knowing that something similar may happen to Ben, she never wanted to give up hope. She realized how wrong she had been all those years. Now she was heartbroken and alone in the house she and Ben had both imagined living in with their children one day. A dream that will never come true.

 

Chapter 5: Break up

Summary:

Ben and Rey, high school sweethearts, broke up before graduating and years later, found each other again.

Chapter Text

Since freshman year of high school, Rey and Ben had been sweethearts. Everyone thought they'd be one of those couples who'd make it all the way to the altar, but not everything was as it seemed. The issues began during senior year. Little fights began, and the fact that both would attend different universities completely ended the relationship. Rey would attend a public university, while Ben would attend one on the other side of the country, further complicating their situation.

Their relationship was slowly deteriorating. Ben's anger issues worried Rey since he was often jealous of boys who approached her, and he had once punched one till bled.

"Well, that's something you shouldn't have done." He was simply being nice to me."

"Too nice," he grumbled. "I saw him hugging you and his arm moving lower and lower, Rey."

"Do you think I can't handle myself? I've done it all my life and I know how to protect myself." She said, "Thank you very much," she added, sarcastically.

"All I wanted to do was protect you."

"That was quite evident. Look at you," she pointed to her boyfriend's bloodstained white shirt, "it wasn't necessary to punch him so hard."

He excused himself by claiming, "I beat him two times, it's not my fault his face has only lasted that long."

"Well, what did you expect? You're much bigger and stronger than he is. You didn't have to—You know what? I'm tired of this!" Tears welled up in her hazel eyes as she exclaimed.

"What are you talking about?" Ben asked, confused.

"Your anger issues don't stop, and I don't know what to do to keep you from hitting every boy who comes near me." Her cheek was flushed as a tear streamed down her cheek. " You nearly hit Finn once, and he's my best friend and Poe's boyfriend." She paused for a while to catch her breath. "And then there's the fact that we'll graduate in a month and each of us will take different paths... I think we should break up.

"Rey, don't..."

He approached her and wiped her tear-streaked cheeks. Rey caressed his face full of moles and that black hair that she loved so much as she stared at him in agony.

"I'm sorry, Ben. I love you, but I can't continue with this. I hope you understand."

She kissed him tenderly one last time before stepping away. 

"I love you too..." he murmured as he watched her walk away, leaving Ben alone in his doorway.


Time passed. Ben lived and worked on Coruscant as a lawyer, calling himself “Kylo Ren”. He lived in a luxury apartment and was a businessman of “The First Order and Associates.” Finally, he went to therapy after college—a few years after starting working for Snoke—and after another failed relationship with a woman named Bazine, because of his anger and obsession with work. So after 4 years, he returned to Naboo to see his parents, whom he hadn’t seen since college.

On Naboo, Rey worked in a workshop with her best friend Rose, who was also a mechanic, and Poe, who was the manager of the place when he wasn't working for Leia. She unsuccessfully searched for employment in her field of study after graduating from university. This was the most closely related job to what she had studied.

"Are you sure you'll be okay here by yourself?" Rose inquired as she collected her things.

"Rose, it's break time; enjoy it." I'm going to be okay. Besides, there wasn't much to fix, and Poe had promised to be there in half an hour."

"All right, but if you need me, don't hesitate to call, okay?"

"Yes," she replied as she rolled her eyes, and Rose walked out of the room, laughing.

She went to the counter and sat for a while, resting until a tow truck arrived and dropped off a nice luxury car.

"What do we have here?" she asked the tow truck driver.

"Looks like the car ran out of battery," Snap said as he approached Rey. "I discovered it stranded on the side of the road. And, well, I suggested you to the owner. Luck."

"Thank you, Snap."

As usual, the man kindly nodded and proceeded to his vehicle to continue his work.

The car's owner stepped off the tow truck and looked around. He brushed his hair before approaching the woman with her back to him, admiring the car.

"This is a wonderful Mercedes-Benz S-Class. It's one of my favorite ones... Though I'm not sure how the battery drained so quickly."

The man came to a complete halt when he heard that voice—one he recognized perfectly and had wished to hear again for a long time.

"I'm sorry, Ben. I love you, but I can't continue with this. I hope you understand."

Ben never forgot that voice nor that face. He'd always loved her, and that hadn't changed. He tried to forget her with Bazine, but it was impossible; Rey would always hold a special place in his heart.

"Rey?" he whispered softly.

She was taken aback when she heard that voice, which she hadn't heard in a long time. Rey slowly turned around, and they both stared at each other, shocked.

"Ben..." she said in a similar tone. "Good to see you again."

"I'm wondering the same."

There was an awkward silence for a few moments until she cleared her throat.

"You have a lovely Mercedes," she said as she averted her gaze.

"Thank you," he replied, his gaze falling on the ground.

"However, I don't understand how you drained the battery so quickly."

"I came all the way from Coruscant."

"That may have influenced a little, but not completely." She looked at him with a puzzled expression on her face.

He explained, suppressing a smirk, that he had been traveling to various locations for work for several months.

"I see... I'll write a thorough analysis. You are welcome to take a seat over there while I work." She indicated a chair close to the counter. "You can also leave and return later. I'm guessing you've come to visit your parents."

"You're right. And if you don't mind, I want to stay," he mentioned, embarrassed, as he walked towards one of the chairs.

"If you want to stay because you're afraid it will do something to your car, you don't have to wo—"

"It isn't like that. I trust you completely. It's just that I'm not ready to see my parents yet." He sat up and looked at her with a worried expression on his face.

And I want to spend time with you.

“It’s been a while since I saw them. I’m not sure how they’ll react.”

"Ben, they love you. I know they'll be overjoyed to see you," the girl promised him.

"Rey, I haven't seen them since I started college after a moment of rage that ended in a big argument." He explained, burying his face in his palms.

"However, I suppose you have changed." She took a few steps towards him.

"I did, but I'm afraid they will still reject me. I broke a lot of stuff and hit my father," he said, his voice tinged with remorse.

"Did you hit Han?" she questioned, concerned.

"I think I broke his nose."

"Oh, Ben..."

When Rey saw him in that condition, she moved closer and hugged him. Rey never forgot the warmth of his body when they hugged, nor those strong arms that held her with love, or those moments when she felt Ben's heartbeat beat differently when they hugged, even though it had been so long.

“Everything is going to be alright. I can accompany you to make you feel safer. It’ll also be good to see them again; it’s been months since I last saw them.” Rey offered a small grin on her face.

"Are you okay with that? Don't you have to work?"

“My break starts in an hour."

"Then I'll wait for you."

Ben remained there, quietly observing her work. Poe arrived shortly after, and upon seeing Ben after all these years, he hurried to hug and carry him. He was overjoyed to see his old best friend.

When Rey had finished examining the car and replacing the battery, They said goodbye to Poe and climbed into the car. Ben drove to his parents' house and despite the fact that the radio was playing, there was a huge amount of silence inside the car, but it wasn't too unpleasant because both of them had already talked about what was needed. Ben parked when they arrived at the house. He breathed deeply and stared at Rey.

"You know, even though we haven't seen each other in a long time, I'll never forget what happened between us. I loved you so much—I know that, in addition to my many other flaws, my rage and outbursts were one of the reasons you broke up with me... But I want you to know that I never meant to hurt you or make you feel uncomfortable in any way."

"I know. I loved you as well. I don't think I've ever loved anyone as much as you. And I'm sure you never meant to hurt me."

"I know it's too soon, but... do you think you could give me another chance? I've changed; I've been in treatment for years, and my rage has lessened considerably. I—"

"Ben—"

"Unless you have a boyfriend, in which case I apologize for saying that. I wish you all the happiness—"

She laughed and said, "I don't have a boyfriend. In college, I had a few dates, but nothing serious... I don't know what we are now, but I miss what we were. You have no idea how much I've missed you. You were my first love, and every time I saw a picture of you at your parents' house, I couldn't help but wonder whether you were okay... If you missed me as much as I missed you."

"I missed you so much too—Could you please give me a second chance? This time, I swear, I'll do it right."He begged, taking her hands.

For a few moments, Rey stared at him carefully, evaluating the situation. She still loved him, but he lived in a different city and was worried that their relationship might fall apart again. But there was a part of her that wanted to accept him and be happy with him once more.

"When will you return to Coruscant?"

"Next week."

Rey nodded slightly and looked towards the door of the house. "I'll give you my answer in a few days. Fine?"

"Perfect."

Ben had anticipated her to reject his proposal, but the fact that she had given it some consideration made him glad and relaxed him a little.

It was refreshing to see his parents again. They had no negative feelings toward him and were overjoyed to have him back in their life. He had been upset with his parents for a long time, and after years of therapy, he recognized why, and he felt awful because he was becoming them by prioritizing his work. Bazine had broken up with him due to his tantrums and the fact that he "never had time for her," as she expressed it.

Despite the fact that Snoke consumes him alive with work, he's learned to be organized and take a moment for himself. And besides, when he returned to Coruscant, he'd finally quit, sell his luxurious apartment, and move to Naboo, where he'd find work and be closer to his family.


Ben's time on Naboo was coming to an end, and Rey was considering the benefits and drawbacks of being his girlfriend again. They arranged to meet at the café where Rey worked on weekends, and Maz, who was well acquainted with both of them, cooked a delectable lunch for them.

Maz, the owner of "The Castle," gave Rey the day off when Ben arrived. They both sat at the table Maz had reserved for them, and then served their food. They talked about their college days and then about their jobs, including how much money Ben had made as a lawyer at Snoke's firm.

"I'm so glad everything went so well for you," Rey replied, smiling and proud of him.

"However, I'm not happy... Not really. Yes, I can buy whatever I want, but... My girlfriend broke up with me because I didn't have time for her and she felt displaced because of my work, and when we were together, I occasionally had angry outbursts in which I ended up smashing anything from my apartment or hers..." Ben explained, clearly mortified. "She chose to end our relationship, and I understand why; if it had been her... or you... I would have done the same."

"That's in the past."

Rey reached out and took Ben's hand from the table.

"You changed, and so did I," she said, pausing for a moment to admire him before adding. "I've thought about it, and my answer is yes. I'd like to be your girlfriend again."

"Rey, you have no idea how happy this makes me."

"Although, I do have a question," she continued, and Ben nodded slightly. "How are we going to keep our relationship at a distance?"

I'm planning to quit my job and move here and buy a house or apartment."

"Oh, Ben. I'm hoping you're not doing it for me."

"Partly because of you, since I want to be close to the people I love," he explained, flushing slightly like her.

He grabbed both of the girl's hands and kissed her knuckles tenderly.

"Rey Niima, I love you." He flashed a wide smile, showing his dimples.

"I love you too, Benjamin Organa-Solo." 

After that, they went to visit Ben's parents to tell them the news, and weeks later, Rey and Ben moved into a house that he had bought for both of them—as he wanted to ask her to marry him soon—despite the fact that they had only been dating for a short time again. 

 

Chapter 6: Overthink

Summary:

Rey has abandonment issues, so she overthink so much about her husband's trips, thinking he's gonna leave her soon or later.

Chapter Text

There were times when Rey wondered if telling Ben how she felt about him having to travel so much would help. Just as it is right now. Ben would be returning to Los Angeles for work, leaving her alone in their apartment once more. He had to go there for the fifth time after they had been married for about two years.

Rey's thoughts warned her that instead of working, he was going to that place to rest from her, and that he would abandon her sooner or later, just like her parents did when she was five years old, or when each foster home got rid of her soon after they began taking care of her. At least she had her friends, with whom she could clear those thoughts when they went for a walk through the streets of New York. However, when she returned home, those thoughts would return, making her paranoid.

Both of them were quietly eating breakfast at their kitchen table that morning. Rey was devouring the pancakes and milkshake Ben had lovingly prepared for her, but her mind was swimming with concerns.

"You know? You have a very noisy mind" Ben spoke, looking at her curiously, finishing his breakfast.

“What are you talking about?” She gave him a puzzled expression.

"I know you're thinking about a lot of things, Rey. Tell me what's bothering you," he said, taking Rey's hand from the table.

"It's just that I'm going to miss you," she says.

"Are you sure it's only that?"

Rey gave him a slight nod and Ben raised an eyebrow.

"I don't believe you," he replied, caressing the back of his beloved's hand. "Please tell me what's going on."

“It’s not important.”

Rey stood up and walked over the sink to wash the dishes. Ben also stood up and helped her.

"Don't push me away, sweetheart." He rested his hand on Rey's waist, "I'm your husband, your friend, and you can trust me."

"Yes, I know. But like I told you it's nonsense and you shouldn't be worried" She replied, her gaze falling on the window in front of the sink.

“But I am worried. Please tell me what’s going on.”

Ben hugged her from behind, his chin resting on his wife's shoulder.

"I don't want you to go on another trip," she admitted as she closed her eyes.

“Rey—”

"Maybe my mind makes up many fictional scenarios, and I suppose you agree to travel to get rid of me, even if only for just a few days," she explained, her lower lip trembling as she tried not to cry. 

"Why do you think that, Rey?" He swung her around so they could face one other. "I love you more than anything, and being by your side makes me the happiest person in the galaxy." Ben kissed her on the forehead and wiped her tears as they streamed down her cheeks. "The last thing I want is to 'get rid of you'. I assure you that my travels are strictly for business purposes. You are welcome to ask my mother or anyone else. I won't be able to cancel this trip now but I promise to persuade my mother to send someone else the next time. Okay?"

"Thank you... But I can't help but worry that you'll eventually get tired of me, that you'll stop loving me, and you'll leave, just like everyone else did."

"Are you worried because of what happened with your parents?"

"It's not just for them. You know that I spent my entire childhood and youth in several foster homes because they didn't love me and just got rid of me. So, like them, I'm scared you'll abandon me.”

"I will never leave you, sweetheart. I promise.”

He took Rey by the chin and brought her closer to his face, finally kissing her on the lips tenderly.

"Never doubt for a second that I will never stop loving you, because it is impossible. You are and always will be my light, my love."

Rey sobbed into his chest as he embraced her, slightly dampening his shirt, which he didn't mind. Ben stroked her dark hair, which was brushed into three buns, while she hugged him around the waist and listened to Ben's heartbeat to calm.

Ben led her to the living room, where they both sat still holding one another, whispering several "I love yous." While she laid on his lap, he kissed the top of her head and hugged her close to him.

"Remember that you are no longer alone, and you will never be."

“Neither are you.”

It was time for her to stop listening to her mind and start listening to her heart; it would be difficult, but she would seek help. She had the best husband in the universe, and she wasn't going to let her thoughts control her any more. Ben loved her, and she loved him so much as well.

Chapter 7: Dysphoria

Summary:

Rey fell in love with her sugar daddy, Ben Solo.

Notes:

CW: sugar daddy, sex, daddy kink, mention of borderline disorder.

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

Ben had returned from work, exhausted as usual.Snoke drained him of energy with all of the work he assigned him, and he couldn't help but accept it. Plus, his borderline personality condition was barely being treated, which didn't help.

His sugar baby, Rey, was waiting for him with Chinese food that she had just ordered. She left an hour before him because she was also his assistant, giving her time to either make a meal or order fast food.

Their "relationship" began when Rey, who had recently graduated from college, was unsuccessfully looking for a job, and Rose, a friend and roommate, suggested an app through which she met Kylo Ren, who would later become her sugar daddy. However, neither of them expected to end up working together, because Rey eventually found a job as an assistant to the vice president of the company"First Order" months after they began their arrangement. When she saw her sugar daddy in the office of her new boss,on her first day of work, she was surprised, and the shock was compounded when she discovered her boss, Ben Solo, was Kylo.

After a year, despite the fact that there was no regulation against coworker relationships, Ben and Rey opted to keep their affair private, due to the fact that they weren’t a real couple in the first place.

After Ben arrived at the apartment and Rey helped him remove his jacket and tie, greeting him with a passionate kiss, they dined in silence while she kept a wary eye on him, concerned. Ben's expression was serious and hollow. Day by day, his baggy eyes grew more noticeable, and Rey couldn't stand looking at him like this any longer. So, when they finished dining and washed the dishes and table together, she led him to the bedroom, which they shared practically every time Rey stayed there, which was almost every day.

"It was a long day..."Rey said, looking for her pajamas in the closet drawers. "I can't help but worry that you're overworked, Ben."

"I'm fine. Just a little tired," he said as he sat up in bed.

"Except for work, we haven't seen each other in a week. You worry me, and I can tell by your black circles that you haven't slept well."

"That's why I invited you here today. I need to relax a little."He said, lasciviously staring at her.

Ben took off his shoes and lay down on the bed, his gaze focused on Rey.

"Are you sure you want to do it?" she questioned, shifting her attention and now searching for the ideal lingerie for the occasion.

"You always make me feel better. Also, I miss you—and I hope the money arrived in time for you to pay your rent."

"Don't worry about it; it was delivered on time." She gave a small, thankful smile.

“You’re welcome, sweetheart.”

Rey went to the bathroom to change after she found what she needed. She removed her white top and peach slacks and replaced them with a black lingerie set that Ben had bought her weeks before. When Rey emerged from the bathroom, she discovered Ben sleeping. She smiled to herself as she tossed her clothes into a basket. She turned the light off and then went to bed and, carefully to not wake him, pushed away the blankets to place him and then lay down next to him.

She'd known Kylo was a busy man from the moment she met him, but it wasn't until she became his assistant that she discovered the truth: their boss, Snoke, was exploiting him. Rey hated that man and detested working for him, but she couldn't give up; she wanted to help Ben, and what better way to do so than as Ben’s personal assistant. She tried to help him by taking charge of tasks that, although were not entirely her duty, she could handle without problem. She also persuaded Ben to start seeing a therapist after observing multiple episodes in him, including anxiety attacks, dysphoria, and irritability.

Everything seemed fine for the first few months of their "relationship." Then came the depressing episodes. Sometimes, when Rey visitedhim, he seemed depressed at times, and even after sex, he felt discouraged and upset, which he tried to cover but failed miserably. She might have been his sugar baby, but that didn't mean she didn't care. She loved him and had fallen in love with him, but she didn't think it was a good idea to tell him. Ben had made it clear from the start that he didn’t want to be in a serious relationship, which is why he decided to become a sugar daddy.

"Look, I know you're wondering why I did this," Kylo said and Rey nodded, her gaze falling on the handsome thirty-something man in front of her. "It's simple. My job keeps me busy most of the day, including on weekends, so I don't have time for a serious relationship." Before continuing, he took a sip of his red wine. "So being able to spoil a beautiful lady like you and provide her with all she desires is more viable for me, and I like it—and how can you imagine," he added, moving closer to her across the table, "I have certain needs to be satisfied." He cleared his throat. "So. What are your thoughts? Do you agree with this arrangement?"

She knew what she was getting into when she agreed to be his sugar baby, but she never expected to fall in love with him. When she met him, she realized he was just too attractive: with his silky hair, deep hazel eyes, plump lips, and that unique nose that made him look so handsome. But she never expected him to be so attentive and caring towards her. He spoiled her with gifts and always wanted her to have whatever she desired, regardless of the price. Rey had never received that type of attention because she had spent her childhood in foster homes, and when he began to look after her like no one else had, she couldn't help but fall in love, even if it meant her love would be unrequited.

She walked over to Ben's body and stared at his impassive and gorgeous face. She brushed her fingers across his lips and lay down next to him, closed her eyes and fell asleep almost immediately.


The next morning, Rey woke up thanks to a pleasant and quite familiar sensation. When she opened her eyes, Ben's head was buried between her thighs and the sheets at her side, almost touching the floor. She saw that it was still dark outside when she glanced out the window and then stared at Ben again, who looked very busy eating her cunt.

Ben's warm breath could be felt by her. His tongue was all over her, digging into her and causing Rey to moan, allowing Ben to finally notice she was awake. He paused for a second to stare and smile at her, and Rey realized he was shirtless. He then opened the girl's legs a little wider to allow himself more space, and slid back between her thighs, his nose pressing against her clit. He began to move his tongue again, licking her between her folds, causing Rey to take Ben's silky black hair in her fingers and push his head a little deeper inside her.

Ben's mouth went to the girl's throbbing clit and began to suck softly.

“Daddy,” between gasps, Rey muttered, feeling Ben's mouth move expertly.

"Shh. Let daddy please you,” he murmured, causing little vibrations. "This cunt is my favorite place."

He sucked on her clit again and slid a finger into her, making her moan even louder and forcing her to pull hard on his black hair. He slipped another finger inside her and finally, he slid one more finger in, moving in and out rhythmically, until Rey had her orgasm, coming into the man's fingers and mouth, with her head tossed back, her fingers grasping Ben's hair tightly and a loud moan.

He pulled his fingers out and placed them in his mouth, glancing at Rey, who was staring at him attentively, catching her breath.

"Have I told you how gorgeous you are when you wake up and come into my mouth?" Ben asked as he approached her. “You taste so good.”

Ben kissed her lips and gripped her neck with one hand without pressing it before Rey could respond. She opened her mouth, allowing his tongue to enter and tasting her own juices. She wrapped her legs around his waist and pushed him closer to her while both tongues danced. They both separated from lack of air and Ben carefully distanced her from his body before turning her and putting her to her knees. Knowing what she had to do, Rey laid her upper body on the bed, showing her butt, which Ben caressed for a few moments before moving to her back and removing her black lingerie. He removed his trousers and boxers, revealing his already hard erection.

"Are you ready, sweetheart?" He muttered in her ear, as the tip of his pulsating member brushed against Rey's entrance, caressing her clit as well.

Rey nodded and rested her cheek on the pillow. 

He slowly pushed inside her, and they both gasped. Ben continued with his head next to her ear, taking her by the waist with one hand and introducing two fingers into her mouth with the other, making her gag. He pushed himself fully into her, causing Rey to roll her eyes and moan. Ben proceeded to slowly move his member in and out of Rey's cunt, eventually pulling his fingers out of her mouth and started rubbing her sensitive clit.

“Oh my God—Daddy.”

“I missed this," he groaned, moving faster. “I love how well y-you can take me—Good girl.”

The rhythm with which Ben rubbed her clit was becoming a little more intense, so Rey grabbed the sheets from beneath her and let out little cries. 

She clenched her teeth as her vision blurred.

“Faster, please.”

“As you wish, baby.” He replied, before taking one of Rey’s nipples and putting it on his mouth.

Their sweaty skin could be heard, as well as gasps and moans.

Ben kept moving faster, enjoying the way Rey's walls held him.

“Fuck—You’re so tigh.” 

The girl's legs began to tremble, so he wrapped his arm tightly around her waist. Rey closed her eyes as she felt Ben's cock hit a sensitive spot, causing her to scream his name. Her walls began to throb around Ben's length, and soon after he followed her, cumming inside her.

Ben stayed inside her for a few moments while they both recovered their breath, and then he pulled away from her.

"I'll fill the tub," he murmured, his expression tense.

"Ben, don't leave."

He said in a hushed voice, barely looking at her, "You have to clean up."

"I know, just a moment.”

Ben sighed resignedly and lay alongside her. Rey snuggled on top of him moments later, caressing his face and hair, while he hugged her tightly with both arms.

"I'm concerned about you, Ben. You don't seem to enjoy this as much as you used to—I hope therapy is helping.”

"It helps, sweetheart. But it's still complex. It seems that I require medication." Rey glanced at him worried. "These days my therapist will send me to a psychiatrist.” He kissed the girl's forehead and murmured, "Everything will be fine."

Rey kissed him passionately. Then she hugged him and refused to get up, despite his protests.

"I need to tell you something, but I'm not sure how. If I tell you, you might not want to continue our meetings."

"What's wrong?" he asked, worried.

For a few moments, Rey was quiet, searching for the right words.

"I know you said it was just an arrangement when our "thing" started, that it was just a money transaction for time together and wanting to spoil someone like me, but after spending so much time with you, I couldn't help but fall in love with you—I'm so sorry; I know you don't feel the same way, and if this confession makes you uncomfortable, I can leave right now, and our arrangement is over."

"Rey—"

"I'm really sorry, I never wanted this to happen, but I couldn't help myself—"

“I love you!”

Rey gave him a perplexed look. She was speechless for a few moments before comprehending those words and crying, which alarmed him.

"Are you okay, sweetheart?" He grabbed her chin and forced her to look at him.

“Yeah. I’m so happy. I love you Ben.”

He smiled at her and gently caressed her cheek before kissing her passionately. Ben had doubted that she would love him as much as he did, but now that he knew the truth, he had no doubt that this contract would develop into something more meaningful; a true relationship. Perhaps his dysphoria would remain, but Rey would be there to support him as always, and he would be there for all she needed, and one day he could propose to her and live happily in that New York apartment where they had shared so many memories. 

Notes:

Writing this one shot made me want to write a long fic of this haha.

I hope you all like it :)

Chapter 8: Hanahaki

Summary:

Rey loves Ben, but it's a unrequited love until he realizes his true feelings towards her.

Notes:

For the people who doesn't know, hanahaki disease is a fictional disease in which the victim coughs up flower petals when they suffer from one-sided love.

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

Both worked for the company "The Resistance." As the son of CEO Leia Organa, Ben was vice president, and Rey was a very efficient employee. However, there was a problem. Rey Johnson was in love with that attractive vice president, Ben Solo, who had been dating Tallie Lintra since shortly after Rey joined the company.

Rey had never considered falling in love because she was afraid that, like her parents, they would abandon her once they realized she wasn't worth enough. At least, she was happy with her friends, with whom she had fun and happy moments. But after spending time with Ben for a project, everything changed. She was terrified, which was understandable considering that it was an unrequited love.

She began to vomit small daisy petals shortly after she recognized her feelings. It didn't hurt, but it was a very strange feeling in her throat. Her best friends began to be concerned about her well-being. They were worried about what might happen if those feelings grew stronger, and they feared something horrible would happen to her, but Rey, always stubborn, promised them that she would not let that happen. But she was wrong, because she couldn't stop those feelings from growing and causing havoc on her health.

She started to spit out more petals each time, and it began to hurt. Rose and Finn had advised her to tell Ben how she felt, as he was concerned about her after noticing a trail of bloody flowers leading from Rey’s office to the women's restroom one day. Rey refused because she was terrified of the man's reaction after expressing her feelings, as it was clear that he only saw her as a friend, and she also didn't want to ruin her friendship with Tallie.

After a few weeks of Rey coughing up full flowers, Ben decided to approach her to check how she was doing and to offer whatever help she required. He was so caring towards her that it made her illness more severe. 

Even though Ben thought the flowers were pretty, the fact that Rey spit them out concerned him. He wanted to support her, and he wanted to know who she was in love with so he could speak with them, but he knew she wouldn't tell him, and he wasn't sure if it was because she didn't trust him or because she didn't want anyone to know.


Fights with Tallie began, unrelated to his behavior towards Rey, and they eventually decided to end their three-year relationship. During that time of separation, Rey was a huge comfort to him and helped him see life in a new perspective... She became his ray of sunshine.

Rey's sickness intensified, and all of her friends were checking up on her. Finn and Rose were continuously supporting or forcing her to speak to Ben about her feelings, but she never did. 

Months later, she ended up in the hospital, and Ben finally realized that he started to see Rey in a different way, which concerned the man, who feared that he would face the same fate as Rey. However, as he continued to develop sentiments for his friend while showing no signs of unrequited love, he concluded that she was in love with him and felt guilty that Rey was ill because he had not acknowledged his genuine feelings for her, earlier.

He went to see Rey. She was asleep when he arrived. Her skin was paler than usual, and she had lost weight. It was all his fault that his ray of sunshine was fading. Before entering, the doctor informed him that the diagnosis was bad and that she might not survive. Her lungs were overflowing with flowers, which were obstructing her breathing more and more.

He took her fragile, thin hand in his and sat down next to her.

"I'm sorry I didn't recognize my love for you sooner, Rey... I hope you can hear me..." Since the day I met you, you've been a ray of sunshine in my life, with your wide smile that always greeted me when I arrived at work, those gorgeous hazel eyes that occasionally gazed at me with curiosity, and those freckles that I love... I'm sorry for being such an idiot. You have always held a special place in my heart. With all of this, I'd like to tell you that I love you, Rey Johnson, much more than I could have imagined.”

He kissed her knuckles tenderly before tucking a piece of hair from Rey's unconscious face behind her ear.

"Please wake up," he begged, holding the girl's hand tightly as tears streamed down his cheeks.

The hand that Ben was holding moved a little. Rey's eyes slowly opened a few moments later.

“Ben?” She asked,her voice raspy, seeing his black-haired silhouette as her vision cleared.

"Yes, it's me." He approached her and kissed her on the forehead. "I'm here, and I'm not going anywhere How do you feel? Do you want me to call the doctor?"

Ben was about to stand up when Rey stopped him.

She tried to smile and said, "No... I'm fine."

"Rey, if you don't feel well, tell me, I'm worried about you."

"Why?"

"Why what?"

“Why do you care?”

“Because I love you.”

Rey was taken aback by those words.

"I regret taking so long to figure it out.”

She didn't know what to answer. She had been waiting for this moment for a long time, and it had finally happened.

Her respiration gradually returned to normal, and she finally felt completely fine. Ben gazed lovingly at her, and when she smiled back, he came closer to her, grabbing her by the back of the neck and kissing her full lips, which had returned to their normal color.

Dr. Ackbar was surprised to see that she was alright when he arrived to check on her a few minutes later. He was glad that Rey's love had finally been reciprocated, and was also happy for Ben, who he had finally found his soulmate.

Notes:

Another happy ending :)

Chapter 9: Traitor

Summary:

King Ben Solo has been distant to his wife Empress Rey Palpatine for some years after an attempt to his life, thinking his own wife was responsable of that.

Notes:

Based on the songs "Traitor" by Olivia Rodrigo, and "Daddy issues (remix)" by The Neighbourhood

CW: cheating, OOC Ben.

Chapter Text

When Empress Rey Palpatine married Prince Ben Solo, now King of Alderaan, they were both in love. But after an assassination attempt on Ben's life shortly after the birth of their twins Jaina and Jacen, he became distant, assuming that his own wife was the responsible.

After two years, Ben remained just as distant, depressing Rey, who didn't understand what was going on because their early years of marriage had been lovely and joyful. And her heart was devastated when she discovered that her husband had a mistress, but she had to be strong for their kingdoms and especially for their three-year-old children.

Rey felt betrayed, but she couldn't do anything about it because she knew Leia wouldn't be able to persuade Ben to listen to her. So she'd have to figure out why he acted the way he did and why he chose Lady Bazine, her former lady-in-waiting, as his mistress.

She went to the royal office to find Ben, after spending time with the twins. She walked in unannounced and saw her husband kissing Bazine, who was sitting on his lap. Rey cleared her throat to get their attention, and when they both turned around, she stared at them seriously, trying to control her breathing and keep any tears from falling.

“Your Majesty, I need to speak with you. Alone.” With an arched eyebrow, she stared at Bazine.

Ben nodded and Bazine was soon up and out of there as quickly as she could.

"I'm sorry to interrupt such a passionate moment, but I need to speak with you about Naboo." Rey said, sarcastically.

Ben just looked at her and let her continue.

"I need to go there to make sure everything is okay; I got a letter from an old friend reporting there is an issue with some nobles who want to take power.”

“I will send Hux.”

"Why? I'd want to go. It will be more difficult for our enemies to manipulate our subjects if the people see that their Emperors care about them."

"Then I'll send Armitage and Poe with you."

"I'm capable of looking after myself."

"I have no doubt that you can."

"Then why? You're not going to tell me it's because you're concerned about me."

"Partly."

"That is a lie. You don't give a damn about what happens to me... Not anymore What happened to us? We were happy at first. We loved each other so much… I still do."

"Are you sure you're not aware?" With an angry tone, he inquired, and Rey shook her head, puzzled. "Doesn't the assassination attempt on my life sound familiar to you?"

"What exactly does this have to do with our marriage? Yes, I understand that this attempt was  for me, but you were in that carriage because I was ill and you took my place."

"Were you truly sick? Or was it all a plot to get rid of me once we had children and you no longer needed me?"

“Can you tell me what you're talking about?”

"You are as vile and cruel as the Emperor After all, you are a Palpatine."

"What? No, I'm not anything like him." Rey's cheeks began to flush with tears. "I would never be like that monster who destroyed my life."

"No? I'm convinced you played a role in what happened to me."

"I didn't have anything to do with it. What makes you think that?"

“Snoke told me.”

"How come you're talking to him? Do you have any idea who he is?"

"He has been a good and loyal friend to me since you and I married."

"He was also a close friend of my grandfather's. After all, he was Emperor Palpatine's most devoted knight, so I'm sure he had something to do with my parents' deaths."

"It cannot possibly be true." He claimed to have come from the Hosnian Prime kingdom."

"He lied to you; he's a Naboo citizen whose knightly nickname was ‘Starkiller’. If you want, you can investigate.” She turned and walked towards the door.

Ben seemed puzzled. Rey turned around and  looked at him again.

"When someone tells you something important, you should investigate it on your own just in case your enemies are smarter than you think. Because, believe it or not, numerous lords on Naboo would prefer Snoke to succeed my grandfather than me, his own blood.”

Rey walked out of the office and headed to her chambers after saying that.


After spending so much time alone in his office or chambers, Ben finally appeared in the dining room the next morning to have breakfast with Rey and their children. Breakfast was spent in awkward silence, but Jacen and Jaina were happy to be able to eat with their father.

"Rey, we're going to Naboo tomorrow; the kids will accompany us; they must know what is rightfully theirs."

"Fine."

Ben's words caught her off guard, but she managed a slight smile.

Rey told her children, "You will know my kingdom. It's a stunning place with many waterfalls."

The twins were smiling, and Rey couldn't help but be overjoyed.

"What led you to change your mind?" She questioned Ben.

"I decided to investigate like you said…”

“I was right, wasn’t I?”

Before speaking, he hesitated.

“Yes. And if you want to go to Naboo, we'll go together. When we got married, I swore that I would protect you with my life and I will.”

"What? You used to hate me, and now you want to go back to how we were before the assassination attempt?"

Ben ordered for the children to be taken away by the servants. 

He spoke once they were alone. "I've never hated you, Rey. I'm sorry. I was an idiot. I got carried away by the insinuations of someone who only wanted to hurt you. I should have known you'd never be capable of something like that. I am really sorry and I know that my apologies won't turn back time, much less undo all the harm I caused you."

"Ben, it's all right. It's a start, though. Recognize that you were wrong. It will take some effort on my part to forgive you, but I am sure that I will do it sooner or later.”

Ben suppressed a smile and extended his hand to Rey. She looked at him for a few moments before hugging him, which caught him off guard. As Rey had said, forgiving him would take some effort, but he would do whatever is necessary to regain the affection of the woman he had loved for so long and with whom he had a lovely family.

Chapter 10: Bullying

Summary:

Rey Niima has been bullied by the Knights of Ren until her professor, Ben Solo, did something about it. After that, some things happen and their feelings for each other are revealed.

Notes:

CW: professor x student, age gap, bullying.

Rey is 18 y/o and Ben is 28 y/o. So, no underage.

The Knights of Ren aren't nice and they are only 6 'cause Ben it's not part of them.

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

Rey had transferred to a different high school for her senior year after Unkar Plutt had changed residences yet again thanks to his illegal business dealings. She had received a scholarship to "Chandrila High" as a result of her excellent grades. But there was a problem: some of her classmates were rude to her.

She had only two friends, one of whom was not even a high school student. Rey and Finn met because they both worked in the same store and were orphans; on the other hand, Rose, her classmate and only friend at that school, was optimistic despite being bullied as well. Rey used to defend her whenever she could, even if it meant receiving verbal and even physical aggression to protect her. At least, Rey knew how to protect herself.

It was just another ordinary morning. Rey had arrived 15 minutes earlier at school. She was walking down the halls with an apple in her hand, her only lunch, when she was approached by Vicrul and Trudgen, who smirked and circled her by the lockers. Ushar soon joined them. He took the apple from her hand and took a bite. Rey tried to take it from him, but the other two stopped her, tightly gripping her arms. She tried unsuccessfully to break free of their grip, and they smirked at her. Ushar walked away, and when he was far away, both bullies let her go and ran to catch up with their friend. She sighed in frustration as she watched them walk away and made her way to the classroom.

Arriving at the door, Rose joined her, smiling as brightly as she always did. They both entered and saw their teacher's belongings, but there was no sign of him anywhere. Ushar and the other two yelled at Rey as they leaned out the door.

"Do you still want your apple, Niima?"

Ushar showed her the fruit, pureed it, and then threw it in the trash.

"You should ask your mother to send you something else Oh, forget it, you don't have one. Your family threw you like a dog." The three of them laughed and walked away.

"Ignore them," Rose said when she noticed her friend's sad expression.

"I know. That's something I'm used to." She gave her friend a friendly smile. "I'm sad because that apple was my breakfast and lunch."

"Don't worry, I brought an extra sandwich.”

"Thank you, Rose. But I can't accept it.”

“Please.”

"Okay, but only this time.”.

Rose nodded happily.

"Want to come to my house after class?"

"I can’t. I've been working evenings and weekends since I was finally able to leave Unkar's house. I have to pay rent, food, and try to save for college. Everything I'd saved since living with Plutt had been spent in my first few months on my own."

Their teacher emerged from beneath the desk, and both girls were shocked to see him.

"Good morning, Professor Solo?"

"What were you doing down there?" Rey asked curiously.

"Good morning, ladies. I was picking up some documents that slipped away," he explained, showing several papers that he was attempting to organize.

Ben was about to speak again when several students arrived.

The class flew by, and just as everyone was about to leave, Ben asked Rey to stay because he needed to talk with her.

"What do you need to talk about?" she questioned as she approached the desk.

"While I was picking up my papers from the floor, I was able to hear what certain students told you, as well as what you and Miss Tico were discussing."

"It's nothing, Professor. You should forget everything you heard.”

"But I can't. I'll discuss it with Principal Holdo. The voice of the boy who stole your apple was unmistakable to me. Ushar and his friends have always been a pain in the ass, and no one is willing to speak up because of who their parents are, but don't worry, I will. I can't let them continue to harm other students."

"Why are you doing this? I can take care of myself."

"It's the right thing to do, and it's not just for you, Miss Niima. I've heard several students speak about those six boys and I know what it's like to be bullied for so long and nobody doing anything about it."

Rey nodded.

"Thank you Professor. If you'll excuse me, I have to go to my next class."

"Of course, but first," he said, opening his briefcase and pulling out a plastic container with chicken Alfredo pasta, "you need to eat."

"I can't accept it, it's your lunch."

"Of course you can. I'm not very hungry anyway. And as your teacher I order you."

She sighed and took the container, carefully.

"Thank you," she whispered, and then left the classroom.


The days that followed were calmer for Rey because none of the "Knights of Ren" had gone to school. She had to thank professor Solo. He was a wonderful person with a big heart, and couldn't deny that he was very attractive, as Rose pointed out.

She went to his office and was relieved to find him still there.

"Professor Solo?"

"Rey." His gaze fell on her, who was standing next the door. "Is everything all right?"

"I just wanted to thank you and bring you this," she held the clean, empty container in her hand.

Ben motioned Rey to enter and take a seat in front of his desk.

"I'd just like to assure you that Vicrul, Ushar, Kuruk, or any of ‘Knights of Ren’ won’t harm you or anyone else in the future. They've been kicked out of this school."

"Can you tell me how you do it?"

"In addition to the fact that multiple students accused them, several professors watched their attacks, so they were of help."

"Thanks."

"You're welcome…" Ben suppressed a smile. "I wanted to speak with you about something I overheard during your conversation with Tico… If you need a place to stay, you are welcome to stay at my home. I realize that seems insane and inappropriate, but I can charge you rent to make it less unpleasant. You would have a fairly sized room, as well as to eat whatever you wanted from the kitchen, as well as access to the internet, television, and other services."

“I —”

"And if it makes you feel better, you can take the bus to school."

Rey remained silent as she considered the offer. She really needs a new place to live because the one she had started renting three months ago was exorbitantly priced for the small space. Accepting Professor Solo's offer might be a good decision, despite her concerns about what might happen, because she was attracted to him: Ben Solo was so tall; despite his suits or sweaters, she could tell how muscular he was; he had gorgeous hazel eyes; and was extremely attentive. It was hard not to fall in love with him and the fact that he was her teacher and also the age gap, didn't prevent her attraction to him.

"Okay. I accept your offer to live in your home. It'll only be a few months before I go to college, assuming I get a scholarship," she said quietly to herself.

Ben showed his dimples as he smiled broadly.

"I'm sure you'll be admitted. You are one of my class's best students."

She smiled at him gratefully and a little flushed.

 

When the day's classes were done. Rey went to her tiny apartment to pack her belongings, which she did quickly because she didn't have much. Ben came at dusk and helped her in unpacking when they arrived at his residence.

Rey felt very grateful to him and hoped to repay him in some way in the future.


After a few months, Rey finally graduated. Finn, Rose, and Ben all attended the ceremony, despite the fact that two of them had no option. 

They got home after celebrating in a restaurant with Rose's family, Finn, and Poe, a high school teacher who was Ben's buddy and Finn's boyfriend. She went to her room since she was exhausted, but not before saying goodnight to her now-former professor.

Rey would have to organize everything for a move to another state, and Ben would drive her there, so the next few days would be chaotic for both of them.

She attempted to sleep but was unable to. Her thoughts were swimming, and she kept thinking that these would be her last days with Ben before leaving and maybe never coming back. She had to tell him how she felt and possibly steal a kiss from him, for she had wanted to feel those plump lips for months. So she spent most of the night trying to figure out how it would happen, before finally falling asleep.

When she awoke, she got out of bed, showered, dressed, and left the room towards the kitchen, where she suspected Ben was preparing breakfast.

"Good morning, sleepyhead. It is 11 a.m. Didn't you get enough rest?"

“Morning. And, to answer your question, maybe not..."

Ben served the food, and they ate in almost complete silence. Later, they cleaned and dried the dishes together. They entered the living room, and before Ben could turn on the TV, Rey stopped him.

"I have to tell you something, Ben."

“Is everything okay?"

"Before I leave for New York, I wanted to talk to you about something important, well, important to me," she continued, and he gazed at her expectantly. "I've been wanting to tell you this for a long time, Ben... Look, I know this is going to catch you off guard, and you might hate me after I tell you, so if you want me to leave the house after this, I'll do it without hesitation."

“Rey, what —”

“I like you. And not just as friends. I truly like you.”

Ben was taken aback by Rey's confession, and then she kissed him without thinking. Ben was still understanding what was going on, but after a few moments, he returned her kiss, holding her in his arms and pulling her closer to him.

Ben had been waiting for this moment for months, but he was frightened of appearing depraved if he did it, and also it was completely inappropriate since she was his student. He decided to help her with the bullies and then with getting a roof over her head since he completely understood what it was like to be bullied by others and have no one do anything about it. Also, he didn't want her to be alone because he knew how it felt . Besides, he had noticed how skinny she was and was concerned. Then, after she moved into his house, his life changed, and he couldn't help but be attracted to Rey.

They both gazed at each other in surprise as they broke from the kiss. Rey caressed his cheek and Ben grinned widely, admiring her freckled face.

He murmured, "I'll wait for you."

"You don’t have to do it. I'd like to be your girlfriend, and I believe we can have a long-distance relationship."

"What if I move with you to New York?"

“Would you do that for me?" she asked, her face beaming.

“I would travel the entire galaxy if necessary.”

At those words, Rey hugged him and sobbed on his shoulder. No one had ever said anything like that to her before. She felt loved now, and she knew she'd always feel that way with Ben by her side. 

Notes:

A second part of this story is being written and I'll posted in two days, for another one shot day.

Chapter 11: Hallucinations

Summary:

Rey starts hallucinating Ben, months after the events on Exegol, which makes her feel miserable and lonely.

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

Rey slept quietly in one of the Millennium Falcon's beds until she was awakened by something, or rather someone.

“Mama?” As she felt a small palm rest on her face, she heard a tender voice. “I'm hungry.”

Rey tried to open her eyes, without success.

"Shhh. Mommy's had a long day training.” Ben's voice could be heard behind her. "Come with me, let's prepare something for you." Rey sensed Ben getting out of bed and then heard his and their child's footsteps walking away.

She glanced around for both of them when she was finally able to open her eyes, but realized it was all a dream, although a very real one…

Those dreams were always so real, like memories of something that had been lost and visions of something that could never be fulfilled.

She attempted to sleep again, but it was difficult. When she closed her eyes, all she did was remember the dream, which now seemed more like a hallucination.

This hallucination gave her a peek of what life would have been like if Ben had remained alive. She missed him so much and blamed herself for what had occurred. If she had taken his hand in the Supremacy when he asked her to join him, they could have had it all. It wouldn't have been so bad to join him if she could have helped the Resistance from inside the First Order, but she can't go back in time now, and she has to live with the guilt. As she stared at the ceiling, tears began to fall and slid down her cheeks.

She'd been alone on Jakku for a long time, but she'd never felt as vulnerable as she did now. Half of her was gone, and she couldn't even see Ben as a ghost like she saw Luke and Leia, which upset her much.

It had been about a year since the events on Exegol, yet it felt like an eternity. She hated Tatooine because it reminded her of Jakku, but she didn't know where else to go. She had the advantage of having time to herself here, but she wished she could go somewhere nicer with more green, just to compensate for how she felt.


Days passed on the desert planet of Tatooine. Rey was in the Falcon, using the ship's comlink to communicate with Finn, Poe, and Rose. Everyone was wondering when she was going to return to Ajan Kloss, but not even she knew. She wasn't quite ready to see them yet. 

She left the ship after that conversation and was about to walk into the house to finish cleaning some things when she noticed a silhouette approaching. She approached the figure, curious, thinking it might be someone from the region. As she approached the strange figure, she realized it was a man clothed in black. As she recognized who it was, Rey's heartbeat accelerated and her breathing became heavy.

"It can't be…" she whispered. "Ben?"

He smiled as she ran into his arms. Ben picked her up and spun her several times after jumping up to him. Rey clung to him because she couldn't bear to let go. 

He laughed and said, "Sweetheart, you have to let me go."

She closed her eyes and mumbled, "I don't want to."

"You have to do it, Rey."

She felt the body fade away from her grasp after those words. She sobbed when she opened her eyes and realized she was embracing nothing.


Leia's spirit contacted her when she returned to Ajan Kloss and gave her the location of a place on Naboo that had belonged to Padme. So she traveled to that location, leaving her friends once more.

Varykyino was a beautiful place, and Rey was fascinated by the landscape. And how could she not be if this place gave her what she desired?

The first several days were challenging for her because she was adjusting to being in such a huge space. But she quickly forgot about it and began to enjoy practically every area in the estate.

She was having trouble falling asleep one night after finding some holos and Padme Amidala's wedding gown, so she walked to her room's balcony and caught sight of a man looking out from the terrace at the lake. She ran down to that spot, and as soon as she got within a few meters of the man, he turned around.

"I've always dreamed that if I ever got married, it would be here... You know, my grandparents got married here," Ben said, smiling fondly at her. "Maybe one day we can marry right here." 

"You're just a hallucination," she told him, trying to keep a straight expression on her face.

"Maybe... But, I am your hallucination."

"All I want is for you to return to me. I never felt so alone," a tear slid down her cheek.

"But you are not alone, I will always be with you."

"I want you to be alive and by my side."

“It may still be possible. Look to the force, it will guide you.”

Ben vanished right before her eyes, and she remained on the terrace, admiring the moon's reflection in the lake. With the help of the moon, the stars shone brightly, lighting up that place. She was about to return inside when her shoulder was touched. A blue butterfly landed on her body, waiting for something. Flew up again a few moments later, this time aiming for her ear.

"World between worlds..." the butterfly whispered.

The insect flew away from her, getting lost among the vast trees of the area.

Rey was puzzled by what had occurred, but those words remained in her mind. She'd search in Jedi texts about it, first thing in the morning. It's possible that this was exactly what she needed to bring Ben back and allow him to fulfill his dream of marrying in that beautiful place, where they could live peacefully and possibly raise a family one day.

Notes:

Well, this could be considerating as a happy ending because maybeshe could bring Ben back.

One of the Hallucinations is based on a fanart I saw time ago.

Chapter 12: Drugs

Summary:

After being married for some years, Rey decide to divorce since she's tired of her husband's behavior and his addiction to caffeine. Years later, Ben and Rey ran into each other and he discovers a secret that ends up hurting him and making him angry.

Notes:

Second part of the One Shot "Bullying"

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

Ben proposed to Rey after she graduated from college, and she happily accepted. She did not anticipate, however, that two years after their wedding, things would begin to fall apart. 

She assumed that everything would be perfect, just as it had been at the beginning of their relationship, when she and Ben started dating after she graduated from high school.

 

Rey caressed his cheek and Ben grinned widely, admiring her freckled face.

He murmured, "I'll wait for you."

"You don’t have to do it. I'd like to be your girlfriend, and I believe we can have a long-distance relationship."

"What if I move with you to New York?"

“Would you do that for me?" she asked, her face beaming.

“I would travel the entire galaxy if necessary.”

 

Everything appeared normal at first, when Ben abandoned his career as a professor to work for Snoke in the First Order, but after their wedding, Ben's job became excessive, and he had to resort to caffeine, to the verge of addiction.

Rey was exhausted and was too worried about her husband. After all, caffeine was a drug, and he couldn't seem to keep track of how much he was drinking. He barely slept.

Ben was only available in the mornings and evenings, and sometimes not even then. There were occasions when she awoke to find him gone, and she almost always had dinner with him at night if he didn't arrive home too late. She hated Snoke, and despite her repeated statements to Ben that the vile man had consumed him with job, he ignored her, claiming that it was thanks to Snoke that they had that gorgeous house in Brooklyn and other luxuries, such as two cars: a Jaguar and a Mercedes.

She decided to ask for a divorce because she was tired of being her husband's second option and that despite her concern for Ben's health, he didn't seem to care. She thought that it was best if they both went separate ways; after all, they had already done it. So she started packing her belongings that day. Ben wouldn't notice because he hadn't been paying attention to his surroundings in a long time.

She cooked a delicious meal and served it as soon as she heard Ben's car arrive. They had sex for the first time in months, and when Rey awoke the next day, he was still there. However, it didn’t change the fact that the divorce settlements had already begun.

When Ben woke up, he noticed Rey staring at him and brushing his black hair. He grinned at her and held her closer, kissing her in a sweet and passionate way. 

"You're so beautiful," he said softly, taking a strand of Rey's hair and placing it behind her ear.

Rey smiled slightly and kissed him again, knowing that this would be the last time they shared such an intimate moment.

"I love you," he said, looking at her with adoration.

“Love you too, Ben.” She mumbled. “I always will.”

Ben got up to get ready for work, and she slipped into her robe to go make breakfast. They ate together and then she walked him to the door, where they kissed for the last time. That kiss was so tender: she hugged him by the neck, stroking his hair and he took her by the waist, hugging her tightly.

Ben said her goodbye, unaware that this would be the last time they would see each other in this way; the next time they would meet, it would be at court.

Rey placed the divorce papers and a letter on his office desk at home. She grabbed her stuff and put them into the Mercedes. She'd return to Indiana, where Rose would provide her with lodging for as long as she needed it. They'd been best friends since senior year of high school and would always be there for each other.

She turned off her cell phone at the start of her journey to avoid any calls from Ben; she wasn't ready to hear her husband's reaction. But they'd have to talk sooner or later.


Ben was excited when he returned home, hoping to repeat what they had done the night before. It had been a long time since they had had a night like that. He knew he was to blame, but he would start to change because he loved Rey and she was always right. He'd keep working for Snoke, but he'd put his marriage first, adding that he'd start therapy to eliminate his caffeine addiction.

When he opened the door to his luxurious home, he was greeted by darkness. He went to drop his briefcase in his office so he could head to their bedroom, assuming Rey was already asleep, but when he turned on the light in that office, he saw some documents.

He walked over to his chair and sat down. Took the papers and read them.

Rey wanted a divorce and had left home. He sobbed as the papers fell to the floor. It was all his fault; if he had recognized that things were going wrong, none of this would have happened. He loved Rey more than anything. He had since she moved into his house during her senior year of high school, and it had totally changed his life.

Now he was alone again.

If that's what she wanted, he'd sign the papers because what mattered to him was Rey to be happy, even if that meant she was happy without him.


Rey began to feel ill a few weeks after arriving in Indiana, and after going to the doctor on Rose's advice, she discovered she was pregnant.

It came as a complete surprise. She was both terrified and delighted. She had always desired to start a family, and now she would be able to do it. It would not, however, be as she had expected. She wasn't sure if telling Ben would be a good idea because they were both getting divorced and she assumed that even if she was pregnant, he wouldn't change and would continue to prioritize his work.

During the final separation procedures, she kept that condition hidden. Rey tried to convince herself that it was the better decision because if Ben found out, the procedure would take longer because there was a child involved, and she didn't want to be near Ben because knew she would fall for his charms, again.

Months passed and Rey gave birth to a girl named Hope. She felt the purest love she could imagine the minute she first held her. Rey has loved her since the beginning and would protect her daughter with her life.

She'd bought a decent, modest apartment not far from Rose's house, paying for it with the money obtained from her divorce and the sale of her Mercedes. And her friends, Rose, Armitage, Finn, and Poe, used to come by frequently to check on them. 

 

When Hope was five months old, Rey got a job at Maz's restaurant, where she was allowed to bring her daughter sometimes. Maz was close friends with Chewie, Han, and Leia, Rey's ex-family, husband's which Rey hadn't considered.  But Rey hadn't considered that Maz was close friends with Chewie, Han, and Leia, her ex-husband's family.

Rose had arrived one afternoon to take Hope for a walk when Chewbacca arrived. Rey was saying goodbye to both of them, so the man assumed she was Rose's daughter, which relieved Rey.

Time passed and Hope turned two years old. Maz hosted a dinner party for him at the restaurant, and all of Rey's friends attended. Everything appeared to be fine until Leia and Han arrived, completely unaware of the celebration because they had wanted to visit an old friend, Maz, that day.

Leia saw her daughter-in-law, unaware that she was no longer part of the family, carrying Hope and immediately recognized she was her grandchild because, despite her resemblance to Rey, she had Ben's black hair, eyes, and ears. Ignoring Han's protests, she approached the small group, and Rey soon became aware of her presence, since Leia Organa, despite her small stature, always radiated authority.

Rey was nervous and scared. She had the impression that Leia was aware that Hope was Ben's daughter, and she was afraid that her ex-mother-in-law would try to take her daughter, claiming that she had more money than her and so had more resources to care for Hope. Leia, however, was just taken aback when she discovered she had a granddaughter and that no one had told her. She seemed to have no idea she and Ben were divorced, because, since starting working for Snoke, Ben had separated himself not only from his wife, but from his entire family. It had been nearly four years since Leia and Han had spoken to Ben. Rey then admitted that Ben was oblivious of Hope's existence, and Leia scolded her. 

"Ben has the right to know he has a daughter.

"I know, but I lost all contact with him after the divorce. Besides, if I'd told him about Hope, he wouldn't have changed and would continue to prioritize his work.”

"You don’t know, Rey. Ben mentioned to me when you both got engaged that he was looking forward to starting a family with you. His deepest desire was to have a child. He constantly said how adorable it would be if your future child looked just like you."

Leia, Han, and Chewie became important figures in Rey's and her daughter's lives since that day. She searched for Ben, but he stopped working for the “First Order” months ago and had changed his phone number, so it became impossible to find him. The universe seemed to be conspiring against her now.


After a few years of working in the First Order, he had accumulated a significant sum of money.  The divorce cost him some of that money, but it wasn't much since it was a quick process. After the divorce, he quit his job, sold his house and replaced his Jaguar with a more modest car. He began working at a Manhattan high school, but he didn’t feel very comfortable there. As a result, he left at the end of the semester and returned to Indiana. His family lived there, and it was time to rebuild those bonds.

He went to his parents' house after arriving in his hometown and looking for a motel to stay in till he found an apartment or house to move in. He had a lot of explanations to give.

When he arrived at his parents' home, he took a deep breath and walked straight to the front door. He waited after ringing the bell. Behind the door, a child's giggles could be heard, and as the door opened, his mother was holding a small girl who seemed extremely familiar.

"Hello, mother." He gave a small grin.

"Ben..."

"I'm so sorry."

Leia removed Hope from her arms, and then hugged her son.

"I'm glad you're here. We heard you quit your job."

"Yes. I realized that my work cost me the people I care about."

"Oh Ben, I'm so sorry about your divorce. I know how much you loved Rey."

“I still love her.”

Leia smiled sadly at him and motioned for him to come in. Hope looked at them curiously and smiled at Ben, taking his hand seconds later to take him into the living room to play. 

"How did you find out about my divorce? And, who's this little girl?" "How did you find out about my divorce?" Ben sat on the floor, questioning his mother as Hope handed him some toys.

"Your father and I recently ran into Rey. She explained everything to us. And this adorable girl is Hope."

Ben nodded, still hurt by his divorce. He had always loved Rey—Now, as he watched the little girl play with him, he imagined what his life would have been like if he had never prioritized his job.

"I had no idea you became a babysitter." He let out a small chuckle. "Don't tell me you guys need money to live; I thought you had plenty."

"Don’t laugh, Benjamin Solo. We take care of her because your father and I want to. She is a lovely girl."

"Good. At least, you now have something to do."

"Yes." Leia gave Hope a loving glance. "And she's calm, but when she's upset, she reminds me of you."

Hope gazed at Ben as he laughed. She approached him and hugged him. He reciprocated her hug and caressed her wavy black hair, not knowing what else to do.

The doorbell rang, and Leia went to open it, but not before photographing the moment. Finally, father and daughter were reunited.


It was time to pick up Hope now that Rey had finished her work at the restaurant. She said Maz goodbye and headed to the Solo residence. When Leia opened the door, she gave her a nervous look, which Rey didn't understand.

“What exactly is going on?”

Laughter could be heard all the way to the door, and she recognized both of them immediately.

“Rey—”

“Ben is here?” She mumbled, terrified, "I'm not ready to tell him the truth."

“You are,” Leia assured her.

She moved cautiously into the home, trembling slightly as she realized what was happening. Hope was the first to notice Rey and gave her a big smile before running towards her

"Mommy!"

Ben turned around and was shocked when he saw her.

While carrying her daughter, Rey hugged her. Ben's gaze was on her, so she kept her eyes closed, scared to open them.

She inhaled deeply and then pulled Hope off her arms. Leia went out to the garden with her grandchild, leaving Ben and Rey alone. There was a lot to say.

"Hope is your daughter?" he asked as he got up from the floor.

Rey corrected him, "Our daughter."

“¿What?”

Ben's puzzled expression made Rey want to cry.

"We had a daughter and you couldn't tell me? I had the right to know!" He yelled angrily, tears welling up in his eyes.

"I'm sorry, I was afraid of the divorce." Tears streamed down her cheeks, and she couldn't stop them.

"What were you afraid of? You decided to ask for a divorce, and I gave it to you because it was what you wanted.”

"I didn't want that at all. I was hoping you wouldn't sign," Rey said. "I loved you, but I was tired of you preferring your job over me, of you ignoring me, nearly hugging or kissing me, and then your caffeine addiction—"

“I had decided to change the last morning we saw one other as husband and wife."

“What? Really?”

"And now that we meet again, do I find this?"

"I was scared you wouldn't change even if I told you I was pregnant."

"And that's why you decided it'd be better if you kept something so important from me? I missed, I don't know, two years of her life? I wasn’t there during your pregnancy, and you denied me the chance to watch her grow up and hold her as a baby. But I suppose I'm deserving of it, right? During our marriage, I made your life miserable.”

"No, Ben—”

"I have to go. I need to find a place to live and also have to go to ‘Chandrila high’, where I will teach again. Goodbye, Rey.” She stopped him as he was ready to walk towards the door.

“Ben, wait—”

“If you allow me to be a part of our daughter's life, I promise to be a good father and be present as much as possible, but if you prefer that I should stay away from you both, I will do it. All I want for you and our daughter is to be happy.”

With that, he freed himself from her grasp and walked out of the house. Rey sat down on the couch and sobbed.

This was not what she wanted. She wanted Ben to be a part of Hope's and her lives once more. Rey missed him so much and had never stopped loving him. Ben wished for her happiness, but Rey only wanted him. He was her happiness and had always been like that. Maybe one day he will forgive her as she forgave him… 

Notes:

I'm sorry for all the angst. For some reason the challenge I'm doing it's called "Angstruary."

Chapter 13: Accidental death

Summary:

Ben receives a call from the hospital. He is still Rey's, his ex-fake wife, emergency contact. She had an accident o the road. So Ben returns to his hometown and receives terrible news that makes him regret decisions made in the past.

Notes:

Based on a prompt I saw time ago of @reyloprompt on twitter. But this don't have a happy ending, sorry.

CW: major character death

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

Rey and Ben had married four years ago after he had begged her to since it was the only way he would receive the inheritance from his grandmother, Padme Amidala. Their fake marriage lasted two years, long enough for him to obtain his objective.

During those two years of faking, Ben fell madly in love with his best friend. But he thought she didn't share his feelings, so after their divorce, he left the country to work with his uncle Luke in Denmark. He did not expect, however, to return to the United States two years later, after finding that Rey had been in an accident and he was still her emergency contact.


Rey wished she could put her feelings for Ben aside, but she knew she couldn't. He broke her heart when they divorced and he left the country, and despite how much she hated him for it, her love for him was stronger. They'd shared so many precious moments that she'd never forget. That, along with her wedding ring, the house they'd lived in, and the Falcon Ben had left her, were the only remnants of their fake marriage.

Except for their closest friends and, after the divorce, Han and Leia, no one knew their marriage was a farce. Everyone else thought they were a couple in love, and it was true, but neither of them wanted to admit it.

Ben’s parents were devastated when they received the news of their separation, and even more when Ben informed them that he was leaving for Denmark. He had broken not just her heart, but also his parents'.

She continued to pay visits to the Solos, and as a result, she was aware of how Ben feels working with Luke. Also, Ben would occasionally post pictures of the city where he lived, on Instagram, but they never spoke again, except when he responded to some of her comments on photos. They had, after all, been best friends since college.

Friends of Rey and Ben hoped she would get over him soon. They encouraged her to go on dates, but it never worked since she always had an excuse. They wanted the best for her, even if it meant forcing her to do it. Rose and Armitage, didn’t agree with it and tried to always support Rey. Even though it had been two years, they understood that it takes time to get over someone, especially if they had shared so many memories in marriage, even if it was only pretend. 

Rey had gotten a new job in the nearby city, which was an hour away so there was no need to move. She received a solid salary and worked in mechanics, something she loved. 

She came and went in that Falcon, which had previously belonged to Ben and Han. It was a masterpiece that still functioned excellently. That car was her absolute favorite.

There were days when she worked longer than usual, and her friends were concerned since they didn't like the fact that she drove at night, but Rey was indifferent. She was happy with her new job, and that was the only thing that mattered to her; it also gave her something else to worry about besides Ben Solo.

 

After a long day, Rey was driving along the highway one night. As she was so exhausted, her eyes could barely remain open. Her back and feet hurt. She closed her eyes for a brief moment before opening them as a blinding light appeared in front of her. Because a car on the opposite side of the road had crossed her lane, she attempted to avoid it by veering to the side of the road, causing her to collide with a huge tree.

Because it was an older car, there was no air bag, so she hit the steering wheel and was knocked out instantaneously. Glass shattered on her face, cutting and burying parts of her body.

The paramedics arrived fifteen minutes later and Rey was losing blood. They put her on a stretcher when they managed to remove her, with effort, out of that totally destroyed car from the front,and transported her as quickly as possible to the nearest hospital.

When she arrived, she was taken to the surgery room by some nurses and a doctor, while another nurse took care of her belongings. She looked up her ID and then called Benjamin Solo, who was Rey’s emergency contact.

When no one answered the phone, she tried again and again until eventually a voice answered.

"Hello?

"Are you Mr. Benjamin Solo?"

"Yes? Who’s talking?

"I'm calling you from the "D'qar" hospital. You appear to be Miss Rey Johnson's emergency number."

"Rey? What happened?"

"I am sorry to inform you that Miss Johnson was involved in a car accident. They are currently operating on her… Some information needs to be filled up, therefore if you could please come or send a relative—"

"Thank you for notifying me. I'll be there as soon as I can."

He hung up the phone and rushed out of the workplace. After Luke heard about Rey's accident, he helped Ben in booking a flight to Boston as quickly as possible.

Ben contacted his parents and they went to the hospital. He also contacted her friends and asked Poe to pick him up from the airport and drive him to the hospital.

When he arrived at the hospital, he found his mother sobbing in a chair and his father looking sorrowful. He approached them, expecting the worst, and Leia ran into her arms when she saw him.

Between sobs, Leia muttered, "I'm so sorry, Ben."

“What?”

Han approached them both and said, "She didn't make it through the surgery, she lost a lot of blood."

"That can't be true," Ben said, walking away from his parents in utter denial. "This is an extremely horrible joke."

"Ben—"

"No, no, no. She's fine, she must be. She is the strongest woman I know—"

"Understand, son. She's dead.” Han tried to reason with him.

"I'd like to see her."

"I'm not sure that's a good idea," Leia replied.

"I don't care, I need to see her," Ben said, trying not to cry.

Han nodded slightly as Leia glanced at him.

"Let the kid say his goodbyes."

Ben and Leia approached the doctor who had treated Rey, and he led him to her body. He excused himself and walked out of the room, leaving Ben alone.

He walked up to the bed where his best friend's lifeless body lay and lifted the blanket that had been covering her face.

He cried and his tears dropped down Rey's pale face as he muttered, "I always loved you. I'm sorry I never said it."

Before leaving, he caressed her cheek and touched her lips. He needed to prepare a funeral. She didn't have any relatives; she just had him, their friends, and his family..


The funeral was held the following day. It was a small reunion since there weren't many friends or close relatives. Rose was heartbroken, and Finn appeared to be in denial. Their boyfriends tried everything they could to make them feel better, but it was impossible. 

Ben attempted to remain strong, but when it came time to bury her body, he couldn't help but cry. They had known each other since freshman year of college and had been inseparable ever since, until the divorce. But one thing he will never regret is marrying her, even if it was fake, because that was the best part of his life.

After the funeral, Han and Leia drove him to the house he and Rey had shared during their marriage. When his parents left, he walked straight to Rey's room and grieved while hugging himself.

While collecting her belongings the next morning, he found Rey's engagement ring and wedding ring in one of the drawers. He took them and admired them. He had to admit that he had always loved seeing her wearing them; it made him so happy, and he used to imagine that this was more than a fake marriage, and that one day they would both confess their true feelings, but that never happened. He mentioned to her one day that they didn't need to pretend anymore, and she agreed without hesitation; she didn't even seem to mind, so he believed she had just always seen him as a friend.

In the same drawer, he discovered Rey's diary. He considered reading it, but decided against it because, even though she was gone, he didn’t want to intrude on her privacy.

Poe arrived an hour later to help Ben with some stuff, as the house was still registered in Ben's name and he was considering selling it to avoid painful memories. Poe persuaded Ben to not sell the house, as well persuaded him to return to Boston and live in that house. Dameron also encouraged him to read Rey's diary, claiming that there was something he should know, and it was better if he found out from Rey and not from someone else.

After Poe had left, Ben sat down on the couch and began reading. He flipped through a few pages until his name appeared on one of the pages. Rey expressed her love for him and expressed her joy that Ben had chosen her as his wife, even if their marriage was false. He also read a page on which she expressed her sadness and loneliness since he left for Denmark, and how it had broken her heart.

Ben was upset after knowing he had made Rey cry and had unintentionally broken her heart. He now wished he hadn't divorced her. They had some lovely moments as a married couple and he took those moments away from them for not expressing his feelings. They were happy, truly happy.

When Ben returned home from work, Rey was in the kitchen. Everything was a mess, with utensils and molds strewn everywhere. And when she turned to see him, Rey had a bit of flour on her face.

“You've arrived,” Rey said, as she stared at him in awe.

"Was there a tornado in the kitchen, or what happened?"

Rey laughed and removed her oven mitts.

"No. I wanted to make a cake for your birthday."

"But you don't know how to prepare pastries."

She shrugged and said, "Well, I tried."

Ben approached her. No one had ever done anything like that for him, so he smiled broadly and gratefully. He knew Rey was terrible at baking, so the fact that she had attempted to bake him a cake made him very happy... And loved, despite the fact that she just considered him as a friend.

"I wanted it to be a surprise," she explained. “You know, show you the cake tomorrow so you could taste it and tell me how disgusting it was."

"How could I say that about the cake my lovely and wonderful wife made for me with such affection?" He asked, his finger removing Rey's flour stains.

"Don't make fun of me, Solo.”

"I'm not joking. I appreciate you taking the time to do the cake. I truly believe you are wonderful."

Rey gave him a slightly blushed smile.

"You're my best friend. This was supposed to be a special present for everything you've done for me."

"Well, thank you so much. But you have also done a lot for me. For example, you agreed to marry me in order to obtain my grandmother's inheritance. You could've said no."

"And let you marry someone you barely know? Or be denied your inheritance? No way."

Ben hugged her and placed his head over hers, while Rey rested her cheek on his muscular chest, adoringly feeling his heartbeat.

"Love ya, Ben."

“Me too. I always will.”

“Yeah, will always do it too.”

They had a piece of that cake for dinner that night, and while it wasn't horrible, half of it had burned, so they decided to buy one.

That was Ben's best birthday ever, and it was all thanks to Rey.

He wished he could go back in time and change everything. It was, however, impossible. He was now alone, and he would never love anyone as much as he had loved Rey. She'd always have a piece of his heart, if not the whole thing.

Notes:

I'm really sorry for this One Shot.

I cried while writig it :(

Chapter 14: Mourning

Summary:

Since Exegol, Rey began to mourning Ben. She didn't leave the Falcon and stopped eating. But with a dream, she started to have hope again, thinking she could bring him back.

Notes:

The last One Shot of this challenge.

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

Rey was on the Falcon, avoiding all of her friends except Chewie, a few days after what happened on Exegol. She needed some time alone. She'd lost Ben, her dyad in the force, and now she felt empty. She remembered how she had kissed Ben believing to be the first of many, when it turned out to be the only one they would be able to share.

She was dressed in the same black sweater that Ben was wearing before he died. She sobbed desolately in one of the Falcon's bunk beds, hugging her legs.

He had sacrificed his life for her, but now she was more alone than she had ever been. She may have had friends, but as she had told Finn, no one really knew her. Nobody knew she was a Palpatine yet, but she had a feeling Finn and Poe did. As a consequence, being on the Falcon not only let her hide her emotional pain, but it also allowed her to hide herself from both boys and potential questions.

Chewie brought her food, but she refused to eat, claiming that she had no appetite. She only wanted to cry and remember Ben as much as she could. She knew no one would understand her because Ben had been a “monster” to everyone else, and they wouldn't comprehend why she was mourning him.

There was a point when the tears stopped falling and she was exhausted. So she walked to Chewie's compartment and activated the hologram of Ben. The hologram showed a young Ben being carried by a Wookiee. They both appeared to be very happy.

After a while, she turned it off and went to rest. After several days of insomnia, she was finally able to sleep.

 

Rey felt the breeze on her face and heard the sounds around her as she gazed at the enormous lake in front of her. Closed her eyes and felt every object close to her as the force flowed through them.

Ben approached her from behind and hugged her, kissing her on the cheek.

"I notice you enjoy this landscape. I believe we should have come much sooner."

“It's a beautiful view.”

"It is, isn't it?" he replied, his eyes on Rey, admiring her with so much love.

"The view is simply breathtaking. I love it." She turned to see him and blushed as she discovered he wasn't admiring the landscape, but instead her.

"Sweetheart, this is our new home." "You will enjoy this landscape every day," he remarked, eventually turning his gaze to the lake. "One day, we might get married right here..."

“Wait. Are you proposing to me?”

“Maybe? You know how bad I’m with words. Do you remember when I told you that you were nothing but not to me? It was a total disaster. 

Rey laughed as she remembered the event.

“Of course I want to marry you!” She exclaimed, delighted, tears of joy welling up in her eyes.

Rey turned around to face him. She kissed him and embraced his neck, while he hugged her waist and pulled her closer to him

After breaking away from the kiss, he said, "I love you, cyar'ika."

"I know... I love you too, Ben Solo."

Ben grabbed her up and tossed her around in the air. Then, he carried her into the villa after she gripped his waist with her legs. Both of them are overjoyed to be together.

 

When Rey awoke, she realized it had all been a dream, although a very lovely dream…

What was she waiting for now? Have dreams of something that won't be coming true, every time she gets the chance? She growled as she buried her face in the palms of her hands.

There had to be a way to get him back. Together they were very powerful. They were a dyad, a power like life itself. If she searched hard enough, maybe Ben Solo would come back.

It's possible that the force was showing that dream to her for a reason. Now she was starting to feel hopeful. She would do anything to bring him back. He deserved a second chance, and she would give it to him.

She got out of bed and walked over to the cabinet where she kept the books. There must have been a clue in some Jedi texts as to what she needed to do or where she needed to go.


Poe, Finn, Rose, and Chewie boarded the ship at noon and noticed her, reading attentively.

"Rey," Rose said, "we got you something to eat."

The Jedi eventually noticed them and turned around to face them.

“I'm not hungry, but thanks.”

She shifted her attention back to the book.

"Chewie told us you haven't eaten since Exegol."

Concerned, the Wookiee grunted.

"I'm fine. And of course I have eaten" She returned her eyes to them, this time for a longer time.

“Really? What?” Finn asked.

"Two days ago I ate a jogan."

Poe sarcastically exclaimed, "Wow, you really ate that much."

"Guys, I'm busy. We'll talk later.”

“Rey, we need to talk now."

"I can't right now, Finn."

“What's going on? Why are you acting this way?”

"Like what, exactly? I already told you I'm fine.”

Rose, Finn, and Poe arched their eyebrows.

"You've bags under your eyes, and for a few days haven't left the Falcon."

Rey snatched the sweater fabric between her fingers and bit her lower lip, remaining silent.

"What happened in Exegol? Finn claims that he had the sensation that you died. He was able to sense that with the help of the force." Poe commented, still not fully understanding how the force worked.

“I…”

She closed her eyes and took a long breath.

"Finn is right."

"But it's impossible because you're here in front of us," Poe replied, pointing at her.

"Ben saved me.”

"Ben?”

“Ben Solo.”

"The son of the General and Han Solo?"Dameron asked, getting more confused.

"That can't be true, Rey. You know what he did to his own father, and you know what he did to the galaxy," Finn replied, looking at her as if what she said didn't make any sense.

"He saved me and sacrificed his life for me. He revived me, and as a result, he died." Her eyes couldn't bear it any longer and tears streamed down both cheeks. "We both faced the Emperor. He took some of our force to grow strong, and then we collapsed to the ground. Palpatine threw Ben into the abyss, and I couldn't stop him."

Rose hugged Rey and gave the boys serious stares. They sat down as well, as did Chewie, and awaited her next words.

"I defeated Palpatine after the Jedi assisted me, and then I collapsed unconscious to the ground. I guess I died then, since the next thing I remember is waking up in Ben's arms. I believe he used the same technique I used to heal him in Kef Bir." She offered a slight smile. “But at what cost? He saved me, but I couldn't save him again.”

"Right now, I have a lot of questions, but the most important one—”

"Are you mourning Kylo Ren?" Finn asked as he interrupted Poe.

Rey corrected him, "Ben Solo. At Kef Bir, he stopped being Kylo. And, yes, do you have any problem with it?" She was irritated by their questions. "We were a dyad, two that are one. Now I feel like a piece of myself has gone, which is technically true, and I just wish he was here! Kriff! I don't care if you don't like that and hate him, I'll do whatever it takes to bring him back to life and protect him so no one can hurt him again."

“But he was the one who caused the harm," Finn said.

“You don't know anything about him, no one does.”

“And you do?”

“Yes. Just as he knows me.”

"Guys, take a deep breath. Rey has every right to be upset. And she's right; we don't know his story, but she does, so we can't comment if we don't know what happened; but they also have the right to be angry, Rey. Kylo Ren had hurt, and it's difficult to forget; yet, I will be there for anything you need. And I believe that everyone deserves a second chance."

"Thank you so much, Rose. I'd like to be alone for now, but if I need company or help, I'll let you know."

Rose smiled kindly and almost dragged the other two away with her. Chewie grunted and hugged Rey.

“I'm sorry too. I know that despite everything, you still loved him.

Rey tried to smile as the Wookiee roared again.

"I don't know about feelings, but I believe so. I think I fell in love with Ben.”

Chewie gave her a gentle pat on the shoulder before exiting the ship, finally leaving the Jedi alone.

The Wookiee was right. Despite only knowing Ben for a short time and after everything they had been through, Rey loved him. It sounded odd, but it was true. He was the only one who understood her, but now he was gone. Why were all the people she loved taken away from her? First it was her parents, then it was him.

She wanted to be happy, truly happy. She sensed there was still hope, and that she and Ben would soon be reunited, experiencing lovely moments like the ones she had in her dreams. 

Notes:

Thank you so much for reading all this One Shots, I truly appreciate it.

Writing all this stories made me have fun, 'cause like you can see, angst is my specialty.