Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warnings:
Categories:
Fandoms:
Relationships:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Series:
Part 4 of Things you should read as oneshots or short stories cause they probably won't ever be finished (sorry)
Stats:
Published:
2022-01-25
Completed:
2022-01-27
Words:
3,205
Chapters:
2/2
Comments:
7
Kudos:
41
Bookmarks:
1
Hits:
589

Morning Glory

Summary:

***DISCONTINUED***

Ranboo runs into a woman on the street, she soon changes his life forever.

Pirate au!
Background DNF and Karlnap
(Niki and Puffy are married in this since I'm pretty sure they are married in the SMP)
Ranboo is like 13 in this, he is also a regular height for a 13-year-old and Puffy is like 5'11 because I said so, everyone else's height doesn't really matter for now

Notes:

Warning! Injuries that need to be treated, swearing, mentions of scars and mentions of hybrid sellers

Sorry for any grammar/spelling mistakes

(See the end of the work for more notes.)

Chapter 1: Start to a New Beginning

Chapter Text

Ranboo ran through the city, it was difficult to do with shackles around your ankles but if you were as desperate to get away as Ranboo was, you would do it.

He heard the familiar sound of a ship departing soon, if he ran a little bit faster, he could make it.

He bumped into someone.

A woman, to be exact.

With pink hair, she was wearing a cloak of sorts, but she had the hood down, a white shirt and what he had always called, pirate pants, and the sun reflected off her wedding band.

"Oh-oh! Are you okay? You must be running from someone! Follow me! Follow me!"

She helped Ranboo up and pulled him to the very ship they heard was departing soon just moments ago, it was mildly massive.

The woman pulled him onto the ship. "Puffy! Puffy!" She yelled.

A woman with very fluffy hair, a pirate hat, horns curling from the side of her head, and a bright red corset as well as other piraty things came up from below deck.

"What- oh my god!" She ran over to Ranboo, examining him without touching him.

"Niki, where did you find him?"

"He just bumped into me, and I saw the shackles and brought him here."

"Good job bringing him here, I'll take him below deck so Philza can get the shackles off and deal with any other injuries he may have."

The lady with the pirate hat looked over to him, she smiled, her smile was slightly comforting.

"Hey, I'm Captain Puffy, Puffy for short. Can I carry you? I know walking in shackles hurts, and your ankles must hurt a lot after running in them. You don't have to let me carry you if you don't want me too though."

Ranboo nodded. "You..you can carry me I guess." She smiled again.

The lady with the pirate hat who Ranboo believes he's going to call Captain Puffy; he didn't want to call her just by her first name, picked him up bridal style and carried him below deck, the woman with pink hair, who he will call Mrs. Niki, went to help with something else.

"Phil, I have a kid with shackles around his ankles, a hybrid of some sort, and other possible injuries."

A man with long blond hair and- wings came into sight as Captain Puffy stepped off the last step and set him gently on the bed in what he assumed was a sort of infirmary.

"Oh God okay," Philza- no- Dr. Philza- there we go- dug around in a chest looking for something, he pulled out some sort of weird colored water "this should get the shackles off, as long as they stay still."

Ranboo didn't move a muscle as Dr. Philza poured this weird water on the shackles, it seemed to melt the metal but healed a few of the injuries on his ankles while it did it. It was warm on his ankles.

Maybe it wasn't water.

"There we go, I'm just gonna get some bandages."

Ranboo liked how he narrated everything, they liked knowing what was coming next.

Dr. Philza came back over to Ranboo and wrapped the bandages around his feet, ankles, as far as he could go on Ranboo's legs and then he looked at them.

"Do you have injuries elsewhere?"

Ranboo gestured to their arms.

"I'm going to roll up your sleeves now, okay?"

Ranboo nodded, Dr. Philza rolled up their sleeves and gasped.

Ranboo didn't know what exactly their arms looked like, but they knew they hurt. They hurt like hell.

Dr. Philza got up and dug around in a chest again.

"What...what are you doing?" Ranboo wanted to know. They liked knowing. Dr. Philza seemed to catch on.

"I'm looking for a potion to make your arms heal a little bit because there is next to no skin on your arms anymore."

Ranboo nodded, he didn't really know what was happening.

Dr. Philza walked back over to them with what Ranboo now knew was a potion and poured some of it on Ranboo's arms. It healed some of the injuries. Dr. Philza still wrapped bandages around their arms though, just to be sure Ranboo supposed.

"Puffy, I know you want to show him around and you can but be careful with him please." Dr. Philza whispered to Captain Puffy, he wasn't a very good whisperer.

"I honestly, based on the injuries and other possible issues they may have mentally, think he was probably taken by hybrid sellers, maybe."

Ranboo shuttered. Captain Puffy frowned. "I thought maybe that's what it was, but I was hoping that I was wrong."

"I hope you're wrong too, mate."

Dr. Philza was silent for a couple of seconds before continuing.

"I know you're dying to show him around and introduce him, just, be careful."

"Always am."

"I'd like to see it."

"Had I been any other captain-"

"Yeah, yeah I'd be walking the plank I know."

Captain Puffy chuckled, she looked over at Ranboo again.

She leaned over to him. "Hey, I don't know what you've been through, but you're safe here. No one on this ship will hurt you, alright?"

Ranboo nodded.

"Can you walk, okay?" Ranboo's body was shaky when they tried to stand up, their legs felt a little like Jello.

But they could stand.

Captain Puffy made a dissatisfied face that made Ranboo scared.

"If you need me to carry you, just let me know, because I'm fine with that as long as you are."

Ranboo nodded.

"C'mon," Captain Puffy started up the stairs again "I'll introduce you to the crew!"

The two walked back onto deck, there was a group of people Ranboo hadn't noticed before.

They saw Mrs. Niki though.

They would have to thank her and Captain Puffy for their kindness later.

"Alright," Captain Puffy pointed to a man with dirty blond hair that was in a ponytail, showing elf ears, he had green eyes and freckles going across his face. He wore a flowy white shirt tucked into, wellpirate pants. Everyone Ranboo could see had pirate pants on. "That is my son, Dream" she leaned down to Ranboo to whisper to them "even if you learn his actual name, don't call him it."

Puffy pointed to Mrs. Niki. "You've already met my wife, Niki." She waved to him.

"Wife?" Ranboo wasn't upset about it, just astonished that they were so open about it.

That's when Ranboo noticed that wedding ring on Captain Puffy's finger.

She seemed to catch on to Ranboo's astonishment, since she didn't get offended and chuckled. "Yes, my lovely wife, almost all of us are gay. The rest of us are either trying to figure it out or are ambiguous about pretty much everything."

Captain Puffy pointed to a man that was standing next to who he would call Mr. Dream. The man standing next to him had one blue eye and one brown eye, and freckles that reminded him of a mushroom across the bridge of his nose. He had very, very pointy elf ears.

"That is Dream's husband George."

She pointed to two men, one with black hair, orange eyes, and his pointy ears appeared to be burned slightly. "Is he okay?" Captain Puffy looked at Ranboo and then back at the man. "Oh, Sapnap, he's okay, he had abilities related to fire and so his ears look like that. Yeah, a pirate has damn fire powers." Captain Puffy pointed back at them. The other man had fluffy brown hair and eyes that were all sorts of colors. Ranboo also noticed that he was the only person (that Ranboo had seen), on board who donned a different color shirt than white. He wore a bright red shirt and vest of many different colors. He wore a pocket watch around his...neck?

Now that was a little strange.

"That's Karl, he and Sapnap are also married. There are other members of the crew obviously, like Quackity, wherever the hell he is, and Wilbur and Fundy who are probably below deck."

Mrs. Niki walked over to him. "Why don't you introduce yourself."

"My name is Ranboo."

They got a small chorus of "Greetings!" and "Nice name!" and things like that.

Ranboo now noticed smaller details about each person.

Mr. Dream had scars, everywhere.

Sir Sapnap had a scar going across his nose.

Captain Puffy had a scar going from the corner of her forehead to her jaw, somehow not blinding her in an eye.

Sir Karl had scars on his arms in many patterns, Ranboo had no clue how someone could get such specific scars.

Suddenly, Ranboo stumbled and grabbed onto Captain Puffy out of reflex.

Fear flooded him.

"Hey, you should probably get some rest sweetheart." Mrs. Niki said, her voice soft.

"You're right, they should." Captain Puffy looked over the other people Ranboo had just been introduced to. "Set Sail!" She yelled. Ranboo gripped her tighter out of reflex. "Can I pick you up again?" Ranboo nodded, she picked him up like they were nothing again. 

"Uh, Mother, where are we setting sail to?" Mr. Dream asked

"L'manberg. We all have unfinished business there."

"Alright!" Mr. Dream said, Ranboo was carried below deck again, they were given their own bed, in a room that was completely theirs.

This ship was huge.

"Hey, sorry for the sleeping arrangement right now, we can renovate this later since everyone else has at least more than just the area the last owners of this ship used for the injured, it's all been cleaned and stuff since then don't worry."

"How big is this ship?"

"Fairly large, everyone has their own rooms, yeah this ship is fucking massive now that I say that out loud."

Ranboo could feel tears prick at the corners of his eyes.

"Thank you. Thank you so much."

Captain Puffy smiled.

"You're welcome, get some rest, and welcome to The Morning Glory."

Captain Puffy set Ranboo down on the bed and then left the room.

After a little bit Ranboo could feel the ship start to sail.

They fell asleep to the feeling of rocking back and forth.

They felt safe.

Chapter 2: Telekinesis

Summary:

Telekinesis

Notes:

Warning! Ranboo panics a lot (no panic attack in this chapter though), swearing, sex is mentioned once, and mentions of not eating

Sorry for any grammar/spelling mistakes

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

When Ranboo awoke, they had no idea what time it was.

All thought they quickly figured it out when they walked up on deck and saw stars, they glimmered without a care in the world.

Ranboo envied the stars slightly, having no one bother you and having so many people love you at the same time.

They pushed the thought to the back of their mind and went down below deck again, except instead of going back to their room, Ranboo went down the hall. They could see a candle still burning in the room farthest down the hall.

The boards creaked under their feet, Ranboo winced at all the sound they appeared to make by simply walking.

Ranboo reached the room and knocked on the door, he was greeted by Mrs. Niki’s voice telling them that it was okay to enter the room.

They opened the door as quietly as possible.

“Hey, what do you need? How are you feeling?” Captain Puffy asked them, she and Mrs. Niki were lying in bed, reading.

“I feel okay, I suppose, I just wanted to thank you both for taking me onto your ship even though you don’t me and I don’t know anything about you or sailing or pirating for that matter and-” “Woah slow down, breath.” Captain Puffy said. Mrs. Niki looked at Ranboo and smiled.

“It’s okay that you don’t know anything about pirating or sailing, when I met Puffy, I had no clue how to do anything I know how to now. It just takes time.”

Captain Puffy nodded. “Yeah, and I’ll tell you what you need, you need some clothes that aren’t super small on you, c’mon, you’re about the same height that Dream was when he was a kid. Don’t you think, Niki?”

Mrs. Niki nodded. “Yeah, I’d say they’re close.”

Captain Puffy got up out of the bed, she was still wearing pirate pants, her shirt just looked more comfortable than the one she was wearing before.

“Let’s go, we never got rid of any of Dream’s old clothes just in case.”

Captain Puffy led Ranboo up the hall again, she stopped at a door and knocked on it.

“Dream! If you’re not having sex open the door! If you are having sex, then understandable, we can talk in the morning!”

A few moments later the door opened, Mr. Dream looked tired and slightly annoyed, but let some of the visible irritation fade when he saw Ranboo.

“How can I help you mother?”

“Can you get Ranboo some of your old clothes, his are really beat up and too small for him, and since he’s about the same height you were when you were younger, I figured your old clothes would fit him.”

It took a second for Mr. Dream to process the question.

“Oh, yeah hold on a second.”

Mr. Dream reappeared a few moments later with a small stack of neatly folded clothes in his hands.

“Here, take all of these, all they’re doing here is taking up space.”

Mr. Dream handed the stack to Ranboo. “Thank you, thank you so much.”

“Don’t worry about it, goodnight.” Mr. Dream closed the door again.

Captain Puffy looked at Ranboo and smiled.

“Go back to bed, you need your rest.” She said,

Captain Puffy went back down the hall, and Ranboo went further up to go back to their room.

 

 

The next morning, Ranboo sorted through the clothes trying to figure out what to put on first.

He decided on a white flowy shirt, this brown leather vest (with a compass in one of the pockets, since it had a chain on it Ranboo decided to wear it around their neck), his very own pair of pirate pants, and boots.

Ranboo looked at themself in the mirror.

They smiled. Grinned, wide, showing two pointy teeth. They almost cried. Ranboo felt so happy.

They heard a knock on the heavy wooden door, he walked over to the door and opened it.

Captain Puffy stood there.

“Hey! You look good! Anyway, I was just gonna give you this hair ribbon, your hair looks pretty long, and I know it can get annoying sometimes.” Captain Puffy handed him the ribbon, they took it then sheepishly looked back at her.

“I don’t know how to tie it…”

Captain Puffy chuckled. “Here, follow me, I’ll brush out your hair then put it up for you. If you want to cut it, just let me know, long hair can be annoying.”

Ranboo nodded.

 

It took Captain Puffy about ten minutes to brush out their hair, then she explained how to tie a hair ribbon before tying their hair into a ponytail that rested against their back.

After which, Ranboo and Captain Puffy went up onto the deck.

People were everywhere, working on sails, swapping the deck and everything in between.

“Jesus, where the hell is Wilbur?” Captain Puffy asked no one, but Sir Sapnap answered.

“Last I saw he was going to talk to Phil.”

Ranboo looked around, he saw everyone he had met yesterday, except Mrs. Niki and Sir Karl.

Ranboo tugged on Captain Puffy’s sleeve.

“Yeah, kid?”

“Where’s Mrs. Niki, and Sir Karl?”

Sapnap laughed.

“What?”

“You don’t have to give everyone titles, we don’t even call Puffy captain half the time, no one cares. You’re not gonna get in trouble if you call them by their name.”

Captain Puffy nodded. “Yeah, he’s right. Also, Niki is up steering and Karl is almost always below deck. Doing scientist and theorist stuff.”

“You have a scientist on the ship?”

Si- Sapnap smiled, he was obviously proud of Karl.

“Yep, Karl is trying to figure out a way to restore magic to the world, that way we aren’t just some random hybrids doing random shit. That way we can use that magic.” Puffy said. “In fact, Sapnap, aren’t you the only person in a hundred years to have powers.”

Sapnap nodded. “Yep, and even so, I can’t really use them, can’t control them. That’s how little magic I have.”

Ranboo was puzzled.

“I have magic.”

The deck went quiet.

Captain Puffy looked down at him. “Kid, what are you?”

Ranboo started to panic.

Had they done something wrong?

If they had, what was the punishment?

“Um, half Enderian half…something. I’m sorry I don’t know! That’s so stupid I don’t know what my own species is, I’m sorry! I-” “Ranboo, breath with me.” Captain Puffy said as she kneeled down.

“What magic do you have?” Her voice was calm, so calm it made Ranboo even more scared.

“I can teleport, and if I try hard enough I can like shift through walls, I can move things!”

“You can move things?”

“Yes.”

M- Dream had now walked over, George had as well.

“What do you mean you can move things?”

Ranboo shifted uncomfortably. “Like, I try to focus and then I put my hand out and I can move whatever I have my hand towards.”

“Telekinesis.” Ranboo heard a voice from behind him, when he turned around Karl stood there, journal in hand.

He wore the same outfit as yesterday, this time he donned fancy goggles on his head though.

“You have telekinesis.” Karl walked over to some crates a good distance from where they were all standing, then he set his notebook down on one of them before walking back over to where everyone else was.

“Bring that notebook over here, if you can.”

Ranboo tried to focus on the notebook, but there were people around them, the ocean made too much sound, they were still tired, they were hungry, and their arms and legs hurt.

So, a shorter way of putting that is Ranboo felt like shit.

They started to cry.

Karl and George stepped back, Sapnap too.

Puffy rubbed their shoulder. “Hey, it’s okay, we can come back to this a different time. Are you hungry? I know you haven’t eaten since you got on the ship.”

Ranboo hadn’t eaten in about a week. They nodded yes, and Puffy led them below deck once more.

They walked into the kitchen to see two men.

One who wore a white shirt and black suspenders, he had black hair that poked out of a sort of hat Ranboo didn’t recognize. The other had fluffy brown hair, rounded glasses, and donned a similar white shirt as the others, but wore a long brown coat over it.

They both wore pirate pants. 

The one with suspenders had a giant scar over one of his eyes.

The one with fluffy hair had an instrument Ranboo had been told is called a guitar.

“Wilbur, Quackity meet the new arrival.”

They both waved.

Ranboo looked over at a dartboard on the wall of this… kitchen?

(They were pretty sure it was a kitchen)

“Who’s that on the dartboard?”

“The man whom we don’t speak of.” Captain Puffy said.

“The captain’s brother, JSchlatt. We don’t like him.” Wilbur answered.

“Clearly.”

After the short-lived conversion, Ranboo was given food, which they ate gratefully.

Notes:

Hope you enjoyed!

Comments fuel me!

Have a good one!

Notes:

Hope you enjoyed!

Comments fuel me!

Have a good one!