Actions

Work Header

Love Me Like You Do

Summary:

During the battle of the five armies, a secret Tauriel had intended to keep hidden is out in the open and it changes the entire course of the quest to reclaim Erebor.

Notes:

This is my first attempt at a fanfic, so please go easy on me. What would've happened if everyone had lived. In all honesty I don't know where I'm going with this.
Just a note that I'm incorporating my own thoughts and ideas with this, the only scene I'm using from the movie is the Battle scene in the last movie; I'm not a purist so a lot of the healing/medicine/pregnancy/age difference is something I made up myself and I know it's not 'technically' correct in Tolkien's world.

All characters belong to J.R Tolkien and Peter Jackson, as well as the original story line.

Chapter Text

 

Tauriel   P.O.V

There was endless blood and black smoke from where I stood at Ravenhill with the dwarves that created this whole damn mess in the first place. The stench of rotting corpses and orc filth was overpowering and I felt the bile rise in the back of my throat. I swallowed it back, now wasn't the time to be sick. I needed to be strong. For myself, for Kili and for...well, I just needed to be strong because I highly doubted we would make it out of this alive.

If we died, this would be a secret I would be taking to the grave. 

Apart from my two daggers I was completely vulnerable and armless, seeing as Thranduil had slashed my best bow when I threatened to shoot him if he ran away and turned his back like he always did. In retrospect, I kind of warranted that, but now I wanted to kick myself. My only bow. Damn him, I cursed my former king as an orc had a blade to my side, taunting me. 

Kili squirmed in his armour as I was held at blade point. He looked absolutely furious and I prayed he kept his hotheaded temper under control for the love of all that was Holy because the second he snapped it would be the death of everyone. His older brother Fili held an arm out and whispered something to him. Kili rolled his eyes but stayed where he was. I don't know what on earth Fili told him but at that moment I had never been more thankful for anyone in my life as Kili sighed in frustration, the anger subsiding a little. 

Kili grunted, his eyes never leaving me as he pulled out his own sword. His dark eyes were smouldered with an anger I had never seen before. Just focus on fighting for your own life, you idiot. I'll be fine. This wasn’t my first rodeo with the orc chieftain. Thorin Oakenshield was much less concerned with me and more so the orc pack that stood against them, weapons drawn as he barked orders at his second in command in a language I didn’t quite understand.

“Nevermind the she-elf,” Bolg hissed, drawing his sword at Kili, Fili, Dwalin and Thorin. I longed to break free from the orcs vile hands and stand by them, fight with them; whether it be to victory or to the death. “We’re finishing off the Durin line before anything else. Everything else will fall.”

“Not so fast.” Azog interrupted from where he was standing. The pale one. “Finish her off too. She carries one.”

My breath hitched in my throat. He knewHow in Valar's name did he know?  I had to resist the urge to let my hands fall protectively around my middle. That would give it away even more. I felt Kili’s eyes move to me, along with everyone else's. Even some of the orcs had leaned in closer to listen. They were unaware of what I had been hiding, well trying to conceal, anyway. I intended to keep it secret until after the battle, at least. If we made it out alive. 

If.

There was no need to tell Kili anything, especially if I was to return to Mirkwood. But that had all changed when Thranduil banished me in a fit of anger. Now, I had nothing to lose, but telling him before this wasn't planned. None of this was planned. Obviously. A dwarf and an elf romance? Unheard of. A dwarf and elf baby? Even more strange. Plus, he needed to focus on protecting his life, not trying to save me.

“What?” Bolg asked over his shoulder, circling the dwarves getting ready to strike; taunting them.

Fili held his swords, gripping them, staring back at the orc menacingly. 

Thorin frowned in confusion, his grip on the sword strengthened as he prepared for any kind of sudden movement or attack. 

Azog smiled sadistically at me, a smile that chilled my bones. His eyes settled on a barely visible bump between my hips. I held my daggers with such force my knuckles were going white. I was going to be sick.
“She carries an heir of Erebor.”

Kili’s head snapped up and he turned to stare at me, wide eyed.

“SHE WHAT!” Thorin yelled, directing his attention to his youngest nephew. 

Azog grinned in amusement, “Take her out.”

I’m so sorry Kili, was my last thought before everything went black.