Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Categories:
Fandom:
Relationships:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Series:
Part 4 of Family Matters , Part 1 of Cans of NatShig
Stats:
Published:
2021-11-29
Updated:
2022-12-29
Words:
213,422
Chapters:
31/37
Comments:
1,354
Kudos:
2,697
Bookmarks:
651
Hits:
97,697

Family Matters

Chapter 28: Not an update!

Chapter Text

Hi all you lovely readers!

So as you can see, this isn’t exactly the update you’ve been looking for. I’m coming in to say THIS STORY IS NOT ABANDONED! I’ve been working around 50 hours a week at my job on top of my university classes, so I don’t have that much time to write. And currently, I’m working on some fics for an upcoming Shigaraki/Natsuo week, so I’ve been devoting the time I have for writing to that! The week begins September 5 and once it’s done, I’ll get back to writing for all my regular fics! Also by then, my job shouldn’t be so understaffed anymore and I’ll actually get to have a day off each week that I can use to write!

Some things to look forward to:

  • Family Matters update! I’m going to be breezing through the Provisional Licensing exam as fast as I can so we can get to the fun parts - the Overhaul chapters! I’ll also actually catch up to where the real series is right now (confession: I stopped watching two episodes into season 5 because I wanted to binge it all at once, and never picked it up because life got busy) so I can continue the story to the Meta Liberation Arc! After that arc, I plan to end this fic with a fun little epilogue.
  • THAT IS NOT THE END OF THIS UNIVERSE. I have at least one (possibly two) more installment in the series planned. 1) A oneshot where Izuku gets hit by a de-aging quirk, turns into his 4 year old self, and spends the day with Tomura, who is beyond happy to see his baby baby brother again. 2) The NatShig and TodoDeku weddings! The Todoroki brothers have been talking about their future weddings this much, so how could I not write about them. (And it helps that I’ll be attending my first ever wedding! That I’ll also be in because it’s for my friend!)

I will also be working on my other 2 ongoing fics once I get that free time! If you don’t know about those here’s a little summary! The first is “Training Dummy” in which Izuku and Hawks were raised as brothers in the HPSC. Izuku, since he didn’t have a quirk, was taught to be a living training dummy, constantly being put in dangerous situations - except he doesn’t realize that’s totally unethical. Little Izuku just wants to be good and help future heroes be better, Hawks wants full custody of his little brother, and UA wants to know exactly who thought it was okay to let them rent a real child to be a training dummy!

The second fic is “A Perfectly Average Prince”. It’s a Natsuo/Shigaraki royalty/fantasy au. Prince Natsuo is the forgotten middle child of the royal family who just wants to feel like he’s actually useful for his siblings and the kingdom. He decides the best thing he can do is learn to use healing magic - to heal his brothers after their sparring matches and to assist the people with their ailments - and seeks out the best person to teach him, none other than the royal sorcerer, Shigaraki Tomura. There’s just one thing: Natsuo has had a crush on Shigaraki since the moment Touya snuck him into the castle. Can Natsuo survive his private lessons without dying of lovesickness? Will he get his magic and maybe some romance along the way? Will Hawks ever manage to steal Shigaraki’s adorable corgi puppy?

 

Thank you all so much for your patience. When the new chapter comes out, I'll delete this update so the flow of the story doesn't get messed up. I hate making you all wait so long between update, and I can’t wait to get back to updating regularly! In the meantime, stay fresh little beans!