Actions

Work Header

The Photographs Your Boyfriend Took

Summary:

Frank wanted to be more than friends, but Gerard didn't feel the same way.
If Frank can't have him willingly, he'll find another way.

 

This is basically Gerard suffering all kinds of stuff I can think of. There's actually some happy moments eventually.

Here is an amazing drawing that the most talented artist (@alxndramustdraw) made of this fic's main characters 🖤 She has a lot of beautiful works and it's a great honor that she chose to draw them
https://www.instagram.com/p/CfjewsQsJZ2/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

 

**TRIGGER WARNING ⚠️
There's rape, blood, torture, suicide and other themes that might be triggering. READ THE TAGS. If any kind of abuse triggers you, this story isn't for you.

Notes:

LAST WARNING, READ THE TAGS!!!!!

English is not my first language and this is not beta read, so please tell me if there are any mistakes.

Chapter 1: The Guts to Say

Chapter Text

Gerard was once again heading to his only friend's house. Actually Frank was Mikey's best friend and Gerard sometimes wondered if he just talked to him out of pity, but G had no one else besides his brother, who was out with a new girlfriend. Or boyfriend. Gerard couldn't keep track of Mikey's relationships.

 

Gerard was finishing art college and couldn't wait to never see those people again. He just had the most terrible day hearing students giggling in groups, probably making fun of his art. G was sure they made fun of his art. He really needed to talk to someone. It was either this or break down in his room while trying to suffocate his thoughts with loud music. 

 

He knocked on the door and Frank answered quickly. His hair was a little messy and he was wearing comfortable stay-at-home clothes.

 

"Hey" Frank said, smiling widely. He let Gerard in and they both sat on the couch. "How you doing?"

 

"They made fun of my work again" Gerard said, looking down and trying to hide his shaking hands.

 

"They're a bunch of idiots who don't know what they're saying", Frank said. "You're the best artist around." Gerard just nodded and took deep breaths. He always loved to make art but was really doubting himself with all the negativity he felt. "And you're almost done", Frank kept talking. "Soon you'll be out of there."

 

"I know…" Gerard said. "What if I don't get a job? I mean, I love my family but I really need to move out."

 

"You'll get a job, Gee. No doubt. Don't worry about it."

 

"Easy for you to say, you already have a job" Gerard said in a low voice. "And you're only twenty."

 

Frank just smiled at that. He was a business consultant and did most of his work from home. He had a lot of free time and was living alone. His father was dead and his mother has moved to a different state after she met some stupid lawyer. It was lonely sometimes, but it'd soon change.

 

"You know what?" Frank asked, suddenly in an excited tone. "If you don't get a job fast enough, you move here."

 

Gerard laughed, "You wouldn't want me here. I'm messy and talk too much."

 

"I don't mind a little mess and silence is overrated", Frank said. "I like you, Gee."

 

"I don't know how you can like me but thanks. I like you too."

 

"I don't think you get it", Frank said, his heart starting to get loud in his ears.

 

"I really don't", Gerard laughed again. "I'm annoying."

 

"Look… I know you're bisexual too, right?"

 

"Well, I don't think being bi…" Gerard stopped mid sentence cause he finally got it. His hands started shaking again. He couldn't understand how someone could actually think they're in love with him. And he couldn't believe he didn't fall in love with that person as soon as he learned it, he's usually pretty needy. But Frank was his little brother's best friend so he didn't think he could think about him in a romantic way.  "Frankie, I… I really like you but… not in that way… We're… friends… I mean… I'm really sorry."

 

"No… it's okay", Frank whispered. He was waiting for so long to tell him. Deep down he knew he could never have Gerard's love. Frank was just Frank and Gerard was this awesome, hot artist who could create whole worlds inside his head. He was way out of Frank's league.

 

"Please, don't hate me", Gerard asked. "You're my only friend."

 

"I could never hate you, Gee", Frank said, staring at the ground. "Do you want to drink something?"

 

"Sure."

 

After a couple of beers, they were talking about random stuff as they always did, with music playing in the background.