Here are some issues that I’d like to work on in future versions:
- The header could be more realistic;
- After much fiddling, timestamp positioning still isn’t quite right – ideally, the baseline of the timestamp should line up with the text of the message in a way that works across platforms (instead of the current compromise, which is slightly off on both PC and mobile); also, the timestamps on images don’t line up with the others;
- Text spacing/padding is also slightly off, although seems better when the correct fonts are installed;
- Ideally, it would be nice for
onemojiand related classes to be detected automatically, although even if this can be done with CSS I suspect it would require a feature that AO3 doesn’t support.
And here are some features that I initially implemented but had to remove, and which could perhaps be reinstated in the distant future:
- Optional CSS-driven image blurring (relies on the
blurfunction, not currently supported by AO3);
- Storage of timestamps in the
titleattribute and placement in an
afterpseudoelement, making these invisible when the workskin is turned off (relies on
content: attr(title), not currently supported by AO3);
- Use of CSS grid for the layout of the header (also not supported by AO3, although I replaced this with a table and it looks pretty much the same).
Feel free to build on this work or to suggest improvements in the comments. I am a mere dabbler in CSS and would love to further my experience 😊