Actions

Work Header

Pack Dynamics

Summary:

Allison cut in to redirect the conversation. "But wait what does he think of the rest of us as?"

"Oh not sure they didn't really get that far beyond calling me and Stiles the pack parents."

Stiles choked, while Lydia snorted and Allison and Kira giggled.

"I'm sorry what?"

Notes:

A/N: This is my second Teen Wolf story just a drabble that came to mind. It's also primarily gen and friendship feels between the gang.
Warnings: There is the occasional swear word. Also this story is unbeta'd so future apologies for any grammatical mistakes.
Disclaimer: I do not own Teen Wolf and make no money from writing this.

Work Text:

In terms of regression to the mean, things were at an even point for the moment, wrapping up with school and just coming off of the events of the dread doctors. This hopefully meant that they were due for some good events or at least uneventful ones. Currently at Scott's house Stiles, Scott, Lydia, Allison, and Kira were studying for final exams in their last week of junior year. Scott paused in his biology prep to ask the group.

"Hey does anyone know why Liam's so curious about pack dynamics? He asked me the other day if Derek should be considered pack grandfather." Everyone broke out in chuckles, and even Lydia cracked a smile.

"On the one hand that's a hilarious image and that makes Braeden the scariest grandma ever. But on the other hand, that puts Peter in the equation to which I don't think I can say no enough and in enough languages."

“Just pretend he's the weird drunk uncle that only gets invited to one holiday per year.”

Stiles made a face. “I prefer we don't invite him and that he live in either Eichen House or Australia blissfully as far away from us as possible.”

"That's kinda unfortunate for Malia seeing how he is her father."

“He can write to her from Australia, so long as he doesn't come here.”

Allison cut in to redirect the conversation. "But wait what does he think of the rest of us as?"

"Oh not sure they didn't really get that far beyond calling me and Stiles the pack parents."

Stiles choked, while Lydia snorted and Allison and Kira giggled.

"I'm sorry what?"

"I mean,” Kira started carefully enough but still overall amused. “You guys are kinda the mom and dad of the pack. It's pretty adorable. Scott's got the whole dad pep talk speech and jokes down and Stiles-"

"And you think I'm the mom? Wait, why am I the mom? Lydia is his actual girlfriend. Shouldn't you guys be calling her that?"

Lydia stared at him over the edge of her large statistics book. "I don't text them before parties telling them to be safe and text when they get home."

"Okay that was one time, and it was Greenberg's party which got hijacked by crazy seniors. Not to mention at one of your parties you kinda poisoned everyone.” Holding up his hands when she shot him a dark glare. “Just saying I think my concerns were valid."

"And you're the whole reason Malia's surviving math and getting by in her other classes."

"It's in the plan for her to graduate with us! If she fails then that derails the whole plan."

"You also have the whole threatening ‘you hurt my kids and I'll kill you’ protective thing going on."

"Hey I make a lot of threats to many people. Doesn't mean they should be used against me like this. Allison back me up here." Turning to peer imploringly at his girlfriend who had so far yet to say anything. "If we're equivocating the pack to family dynamics, aren't we like the fun aunt and uncle that visit for a few parties but are mostly chill and uninvolved?"

Allison however just grinned unrepentant. "Sorry babe only I am the cool distant aunt. You're totally pack mom albeit a scary one. Plus the fact that you have everyone's prescriptions memorized and an extra inhaler for Scott always on hand kinda solidifies it."

Stiles rolled his eyes in resignation. "Thanks Ali." Allison kissed his cheek as an apology.

Kira raised her hand slightly before asking curiously."What would I be?"

"Another aunt who can regale the kids with cool Japanese stories alongside Uncle Isaac. I'm the day drinking aunt who throws the killer birthday parties." Lydia spoke up, drawing attention back to her book. “Jackson, Ethan, Aiden, Cora, Boyd, and Erica are all the long distant relatives that visit on occasion.” Kira blushed slightly at the mention of Isaac with her.

"Your kids would wear scarves." Stiles muttered, still a tad depressed that no one was on his side here before beginning to play with his highlighter. "And either be super polite or sarcastic assholes which I mean as a reflection of Isaac's genes not yours."

"Thanks," Kira replied turning even more red. "Can we change the subject back please?"

"He likes you too you know." Lydia murmured lightly. "He's just being an idiot about it. Well you kinda both are. He kissed you, you ran away and now neither of you are talking about it or to each other which being on the same lacrosse team seems really counter productive."

Kira groaned and put her face down in her hands. "It's embarrassing who runs away from a kiss from someone that they really like? I can barely handle lacrosse, and that's just because there's not much chance to talk there."

"Well it could be worse." Scott added trying to be sympathetic.

"How?"

"You could have sneezed on him after he kissed you, or fell down the stairs again like the time you tried to seduce Liam." Stiles added, having neatly avoided Allison's elbow and watched Kira groan louder at the memory. Why couldn't she be smooth just once in her life? She was saved from responding when the door opened letting in the youngest member of the pack.

"You!" Stiles sharply tore in as soon as Liam came through the door pointing at him. "You started all of this."

Liam looked between members in confusion waiting for the answer to become clear and then asking when it hadn't. "Started what?"

"Stiles being referred to as pack mom." Allison helpfully replied.

Liam's face turned down in a severe frown. "You guys refer to me as pack baby despite the fact you're still only two years older. You think that's any better?"

"It's just because you're short and fall into holes a lot"

"IT WAS TWO TIMES YOU-"

"And to think," Stile continued cutting in. "I was considering letting you borrow the jeep for your date next weekend."

"Wait seriously." Liam said, mouth falling open and eyes widening. "No sorry I take it all back, please can I borrow it?"

Everyone was still staring at Stiles from varying expressions of shock and or surprise. They all knew how protective he was over his jeep, Roscoe. He barely let Allison drive it, Scott being the sole exception even now, so this felt somewhat huge. In sync Scott and Lydia asked "You were going to let him borrow the jeep?"

Now seeing that he had everyone's undivided attention Stiles felt a touch uncomfortable and replied slightly defensively. "Well I said considering and obviously not very far in case she breaks down again and because Liam only has his learner's permit. But from what I've seen he's a pretty decent driver and Hayden's obviously my favorite. Well wait," He paused, considering. “Actually that might be Mason because he's the only one of your four that freaking listens to me.”

Liam bit his lip as that was true, and therefore tried to sway back a chance to impress his date with a ride. "I can do better and she really loves your jeep."

"Alright fine but only if you go no further then a few miles from her house and if you wash it afterward."

Biting back a few snarky comments about that being the first wash that car's seen all year before Liam agreed to the deal.

When the others were immersed in their own conversations Stiles squinted at Scott, slightly asking. "This whole thing doesn't bother you at all does it?"

Scott looked down with a small smile before shrugging. "Not really it's all in good fun and I like being considered as equal partners with you and being a team that keeps the rest of the group safe. I trust you more than anyone else."

"Geez Scott, way to take the wind out of my sails and turn this into a Hallmark moment." Stiles sniped despite the strong rush of fondness he felt whenever his best friend did or said things like this. "I think Lydia needs to step up her romantic game to compete with you."

"Scott didn't object to what we did on his motorcycle last weekend." Lydia commented, idly flipping a page ignoring the collection of groans or complaints, while it was Scott's turn to blush. "I think my game is fine."

"Okay who's hungry?! I'm going to go order some pizzas." Scott hurried to say leaving to grab his phone.

"Yes and please spare the young ears in the room and keep the details to yourselves." Stiles responded dryly making a waving motion at Liam who other than making a face made no comment. Lydia rolled her eyes. Considering the things her and Aiden or her and Jackson used to get up to she could have shared worse besides, it's not as if Stiles was innocent either in that area.

"You do know what this means right?" Stiles challenged while addressing the group. "With this title I have the added enjoyment of embarrassing you whenever I see fit."

"How is that any different from normal?" Liam asked half seriously.

"Thin ice Liam don't make me revoke Jeep privileges."

"I mean you never embarrass us. That's all Scott."

"Much better." Scott just rolls his eyes from the other room before putting an order in.