Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Categories:
Fandoms:
Relationships:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
BNHA_FICS
Stats:
Published:
2021-08-01
Completed:
2023-10-30
Words:
39,216
Chapters:
14/14
Comments:
61
Kudos:
451
Bookmarks:
123
Hits:
11,181

Play my Heartstrings, Make some Music (DISCONTINUED)

Summary:

In every universe, Izuku Midoriya wanted to be someone. A hero, a villain, a support item builder, anything as long as he can serve.

When his ex-childhood best friend told him a very clear objective, suddenly, everything felt right. When he woke up from a supposed eternal slumber, his world turned upside-down for the better.

But one thing was certain: he didn’t want to become a hero anymore. His brother in all but blood beat it out of him, and his hero both literally and figuratively destroyed his very view.

As all things started to scatter, one hero helped him. He paved him with a new direction, a new line of hope.

Music becomes a lifestyle, and if Pro Heroism isn’t for him, he’ll just have to be a different kind of hero. One that gave hope to those that were shunned by too many doors

(Be mindful of the warnings, and I emphasize the OCs here)

*DISCONTINUED*

Notes:

YOW! Check out my other story if you want some clarity! This is "Do-Over" in "Reacts"

If you enjoy it, then good! That's what we're aiming for.

Fair Warning:

Suicide Baiting, Suicide Attempt, Bullying, A lot of shit happens,

Chapter Text

"You should give it up."

 

"What good are you?"

 

"I DON'T NEED A STUPID DEKU LIKE YOU!"

 

"I'm sorry, Izuku... I'm so sorry..."

 

     Izuku hasn't smiled. Ever since that dreaded doctor visit, he's never smiled. Not once. Everyone treated him either like glass, or like yesterday's garbage. He keeps a blank face on, and he speaks monotonously. Everyone avoided him, but he can't exactly blame them. Why would anyone want to spend time with the useless Deku? Why would... "Bud?" Izuku blinked, and he looked at the strange man beside him. He... feels familiar but, he can't quite place him. "Hi... Who are you?" Izuku timidly asks. The man simply smiled, "Come on, now, you don't recognize your old man?" Izuku squints, and realization seeps in. "Dad?" The man hugs him, and he felt Izuku reluctantly hugging him. "It's alright now, son. Daddy Hisashi's here." It felt like eras since Izuku has smiled. And now that Hisashi's here, it... it felt right? Like somehow he feels that it's all going to be okay. And for the first time in a few weeks, Izuku smiled. It wasn't his usual smile, no. He feels like that smile is never coming back. This smile is a smile that says "I'll be fine. Not great, but at least fine...

 

 

...right?"


     "Mr. Midoroya, you understand that Izuku here can't keep making up stories about teasing. It's not right." Hisashi stared at the principal, clearly livid. "So, you're protecting the other children because, what, my son is quirkless!?" If the principal isn't sweating bullets yet, he certainly is now. "W-We can't support people with these types of claims without further proof, Sir." "What further proof? My son has a burn on his abdomen, and his legs are littered with bruises! I mean, come on! Is this the face of a child that would lie?" Okay, Hisashi made a great point. Izuku's baby face makes it impossible for him to lie. You just know it. Hisashi sighs.

 

     "Look, he hasn't even smiled in two weeks. Why on earth will he lie when he can't even smile?" "I'm sor—" "I swear if an apology comes out of your mouth your status is on the line. You better do something about this, or so help me I will hunt down a lie detector and we'll know if my son is lying, understood?" The principal nodded shakily at the threat. "Hmph." Hisashi lifted Izuku up, the child clinging onto him tightly. "Can you show me to this Kacchan?" Izuku gripped his shirt, "You'll scare him. It won't do any good." Hisashi frowned at his son's pessimism. He's a kid. He should be happy. "Come on, bud—" "Let's just go, Dad..." Hisashi feels the slight feeling of tears soaking his shirt's collar, and he sighs as he walks home with his son.

 

     Eight. That's how old Izuku is. He... I can't even tell you if he's better. He still reluctantly smiles. Even around his parents, he keeps a rather blank face. But... This news should be able to break the mask. "Honey, can you come here for a second?" Izuku looked up from his journals, pushing his glasses up. "Yeah, Mom?" Inko patted the seat beside her, and Izuku obliged. "What is it?" he asked. Inko looked at Hisashi, "How would you feel about a baby brother?" Izuku's eyes widened, "You're pregnant?" Inko and Hisashi nodded. "So, bud, how about it?" Izuku looked excited for a moment. He really did, and so did the couple. It... It didn't last. His frown came back.

 

     "...You're not replacing me, are you?" Hisashi crouched, "Bud, come on. You know that's not true." he said, brow furrowed. Izuku couldn't hold the gaze. "Not really..." Inko held his body close, "We'll never replace you, Izuku. You're the one this little guy will look up to, after all." "Can he really? I'm just... I'm just a quirkless nobody..." Hisashi raised Izuku's head gently, "You don't believe that, bud... Do you?" Izuku looked away. Inko and Hisashi shared pained gazes. Izuku's been through so many shitty possibilities. He doesn't deserve this... He doesn't know why his life is pretty shitty.


     Sixth grade, twelve years of age. Izuku's in his last days of elementary school. He treads his way to his brother's school, the same daycare he and Kacc... he and Katsuki went to. He waits for the teachers to dismiss, and once they did, "Oh, Midoriya-kun, are you here to pick up Mikumo-kun?" Izuku nodded silently. "Onii-chan!" Mikumo ran excitedly at Izuku, and Izuku smiles fondly. "Guess what happened today!" Izuku humors him, "What happened?" His eyes widened and his heart skipped a beat when he saw Mikumo breathe fire into his palms. "I got my quirk!"

 

     Izuku is stunned. He is genuinely stunned. He doesn't know. He doesn't— "Izuku-niichan? Are you okay?" Izuku sets his tears aside for now and smiles. "Y-Yeah! I'm just so shocked! Y-You're quirk is really great!" Mikumo smiled proudly. "Yeah! I'm gonna be a hero!" Izuku smiled outwardly... You already know how he feels inside. "Heh?? Is that Deku?" Izuku tenses up. "What do you want, Asano?" He asks. "Why are you in a daycare? You need someone to babysit your useless ass?" Izuku picks Mikumo up, "Why are you in a daycare? Need an attitude check?" Asano snarls, "Why you—" "Easy, dude. He has a kid with him. You don't want to get in trouble." Asano let out a tch... Until he smirked.

 

     "Say, kid, you got your quirk?" Mikumo meekly nodded. Izuku frowned "Asano—" "Did you know that your big brother here is quirkless?" Izuku's frown deepened, Mikumo spoke. "Quirkless?" The word is foreign to the child. Asano smirked and nodded, "Yeah! Your big brother has no quirk at all! Nothing!" Mikumo looked at Izuku, scandalized. "He's basically useless!" Izuku hid his gaze, "Oh, is that so?" The boys, including the siblings, looked at Hisashi's smoking mouth. "Dad?" "Papa?" Hisashi fumed. "I suggest you scram, boys, before I do something I'll regret." The boys scrambled their way out of there, and Hisashi sighed. "Are you two okay?" Izuku nodded.

 

     Izuku followed Hisashi to the car, securing Mikumo to the seat. "Are you comfortable?" Izuku asks as he looks at Mikumo. Mikumo nods but... he doesn't... he doesn't meet Izuku's gaze. Izuku's heart breaks, seeing the effect of the bastards' low-blows. Izuku holds in his tears, and he takes his seat on the passenger seat. Izuku slouches and leans his head on the window. Hisashi hears the sigh that comes out of his mouth, "Are you okay, Izu?" he sees Izuku tremble slightly and shakes his head. Hisashi reaches out but Izuku just swats the hand away gently. Hisashi feels something prick his eyes.

 

Oh.

 

...They're tears...


     "Welcome home, boys!" Inko said as the door opened. She takes in Izuku's puffy eyes, and Mikumo's solemn look on Hisashi. "I'm going to bed." Inko stares at Izuku, "You're not staying for katsudon?" Izuku shakes his head, "I'm not really hungry." he said. Izuku heads for his room and closes it, and he does his routine.

 

     "Hisashi? What happened?" Hisashi stares at Mikumo, silently coloring. He sighs loudly. "Some kids picked on Izuku and degraded him. Usual slurs. I think Mikumo's affected." Inko frowns. He stares at Mikumo, and she steels her heart. "Mikumo, baby, come here a second." Mikumo raised his head, and he walked over to his parents. "What is it?" he asked. Inko hoisted him up and sat him on the table. "What happened at school?" Mikumo perked up, "Oh! My quirk came in!" Inko and Hisashi stared at him. "Wow! What is it?" Mikumo took a deep breath and exhaled a beautiful green flame into his hands. "That's beautiful!" Inko praises him. "Yeah! I'm going to be a hero!" Inko and Hisashi stare at each other, with no hesitance. "We'll be with you every step of the way!"

 

     Izuku halts. Yes, you read that right. Izuku stops and he leans his body on a wall. He already feels the tears flowing out. "What else happened?" Mikumo looks down, "There were mean people. They said mean things." Inko tilts her head, "Oh? What did they say?" Mikumo looks down. "They... Called Nii-san—" Izuku's heart breaks even further. The change of honorific caught him off-guard. "Deku. That he was quirkless and useless." Inko stares intensely into Mikumo, "I want you to know that your brother is indeed quirkless, but he is not useless. Understand?" Mikumo seemed to not get it. "Why? Aren't quirks good things?" "Yes, they are. But Izuku is not useless. He's just... differently-abled." Izuku's heart cracks even more. "What does that mean?" "It means he just can't do other things. He can't breathe fire or anything. He's not useless, Mikumo." Izuku... doesn't know what to feel. Scratch that. He knows exactly what to feel. Hurt. Betrayed, even. He stands straight, and he goes back to his room, completely forgetting his previous task.

 

     "Fucking... This does not make us friends, understand, Deku?" Izuku nods emotionlessly at Katsuki's underlying threat. "Tch. At least your brother had a quirk. Guess you're just a defect after all." Izuku nods again. "Tch."  Katsuki leaves and makes his way for the table. "Izuku, bud, change clothes. We're going out." Izuku didn't actually hear anything. He went on autopilot and he changes in his room. He lays on his bed, problems, stockpiling once more.

 

     Katsuki and Co. have been waiting for the past fifteen minutes. "How long does it fucking take to change out of clothes?" Mitsuki lightly smacks her son upside the head, "Language, brat." Hisashi sighs. He honestly doesn't like Katsuki. At all. He likes Mitsuki and Masaru, but definitely not Katsuki. "I'll go check on him."

 

     Hisashi slowly makes his way up to Izuku's doorstep and knocks. "Izuku, bud, you there?" No reply. Hisashi peeks his head in and sees Izuku's lying form. He approaches him slowly, seeing him awake. "Hey, bud, we're waiting. You okay?" Izuku, the tired yet honest person he is, shakes his head. "Not really." Hisashi frowns, "Feel sick?" Shake. "Tired?" another shake. "...Afraid?" There's hesitance, but Izuku nods. "I don't want to go out." "Come on, Izu—" "Dad, please." Hisashi's eyes widened at Izuku cutting him off. "Just go. I'll be fine on my own." Before Hisashi leaves, he frowns once more, "A-Are you sure?" He sees Izuku's slight nodding. "Alright then. If you get hungry, there's some food in the fridge you can heat up." Hisashi presses his lips against Izuku's temple, and he exits the room.

 

     "Izuku's not feeling well but he wants us to go. He doesn't like it if we miss the reservation." Mitsuki frowns, "Aww, is he really? That fragile boy. It's a shame he can't come." Nice. They bought the cover story. Good work, Hisashi. "Alright, let's go?" Inko carries Mikumo, and they get out of their house, Hisashi locking the door.


     Hisashi unlocks the door and he still hears Mikumo praising the food. "It was yummy! I want to eat it for-e-verrrrr!" Inko giggled. "You want to give the take-out to Izuku? He might want some." Hisashi saw Mikumo visibly deflate. "Um... Okay. I can give it to Nii-san." "I'll go check up on him if he feels better." Hisashi ruffles Mikumo's hair before entering Izuku's room. Izuku... He's lying down. It's almost as if he didn't do anything at all. "Hey, bud. We're home." Hisashi ruffles Izuku's hair affectionately. "Welcome back." He says weakly. "Mikumo has some food. Have you eaten yet?" Izuku shakes his head. "Come on, bud. Can you at least look at me? I'm pretty good-looking, you know!" Hisashi jokes. "Izuku?" He reaches for Izuku's forearm, and Izuku winces in pain. His eyes widen at the feeling of something damp, so he heaves the blanket off, and he sees the bandages on his son's arms. His eyes travel to his thighs and legs, also covered in bandages.

 

     "Izuku... Who did this to you?" "No one..." Hisashi crouches, "Come on, son, I... I promise I won't even look at them." "You don't understand. No one did this to me because..." Hisashi's hit with realization. "Oh... Oh, Izuku... Why?" Izuku shrinks on himself. "It feels like a chore..." Hisashi scrunches his brow, "What does?" He's afraid he know the answer to that...

 

     "Everything."

 

     Hisashi lets his tears fall, and he embraces his son, apologizing for everything... Little did anyone know... That's not what Izuku wants... Not what he needs...


     "I'm off." Inko stares at Izuku's monotonous form. "Um, wait!" Izuku looks back, "Have a safe walk." Inko presses a kiss to his cheek, and he nods. He ruffles Mikumo's hair and he escorts him to school. "It's his first year of middle school and I still haven't seen him smile brightly." Inko sniffles. Hisashi wraps an arm around her, unsure of what to say.

 

     Izuku silently sits on his chair, his desk, already filled with insults. He sighs and shrugs. Oh well. Not like this hasn't happened before. Of course, right before he could get things done, their teacher steps in. He sighs audibly. "Again, Midoriya? Clean that up before you go home." The class snickers at Izuku's demise, but honestly? He kept an unreadable, blank face and started his cleaning while simultaneously listening to their teacher. "Settle down." Okay, authority's a thing at least. "It's your first year of middle school. Although it's still pretty early to even talk about this, you have to take care of your grades for your future." Midoriya silently scrubs. "Ah, who am I kidding. You all want to be heroes!" aaand the buffoon scatters papers in the air while everyone acts up. "Alright, settle down, no quirks in class." "Tch, come on, Sensei. Don't lump me in with these D-listers." Bakugou Katsuki, aka Kacchan, stands up. "Let's face it, I'm the only one here with a chance at being a hero. All you guys can do is worship the ground I'll walk on when I'm number one." ...uproar. "WHAT THE HELL?" "DON'T BE SO COCKY, BAKUGOU!"

 

     Bakugou let off a few blasts. "SHUT IT EXTRAS! I'M GOING TO U.A AND I'LL BE THE ONLY ONE TO GO THERE FROM THIS SCHOOL!" The teacher just calmly plucked off his high school lists, "Huh, you have good grades. You just might get in." "No way, the national school?" "I heard they have a point two acceptance rate!" "My brother tried there but failed!" The teacher picks up his mess, and he saw a blank one. "Midoriya, why is your school registration blank?" Midoriya shrugged as he put away the cleaning materials. "Tch. At least the nerd knows he's not getting into any hero schools any time soon." Go off, Bakugou. Not like you can damage his shattered heart any further. "Well, you can't just leave it blank. I expect something at the end of this week, understood?" Izuku nodded silently. "Alright, back to our agenda for today..."

 

     Everyone packed their bags as the last sub for today ends. Everyone left, leaving Izuku with Katsuki and three other morons. "Oi, Deku." Izuku stopped his writing, "What is it, Kacchan?" Katsuki sneered, "So, you finally gave up on being a hero?" "Yeah, pretty much." "Hmph. Good. Quirkless scum like you—" "I know, Katsuki." The lack of nickname took the three boys by surprise. "I'm sure shit like me can be thrown away like yesterday's garbage." Katsuki glared, "Are you being sarcastic?" he growled. Midoriya held his gaze. "No. Do you think I'm being sarcastic?" Katsuki didn't enjoy that reverse psychology so he picked up the notebook, burnt it, and threw it out the window. "Listen here, piece of shit," Izuku looked at him, "I don't like this sarcasm. You don't have a spine or a pair of balls for that. Go jump off a roof, for all I care. You don't talk back to me. Never." "What even is that notebook for? Your diary?" Teased a moron. They laughed and went out of the room leaving Midoriya to himself. He looks out the window and at his ruined notebook, and after years of torment, tears finally slipped from his eyes. "It's not a diary, idiot." He said to no one as he wipes his eyes...

 

 

 

 

 

     "It's goodbye..."

 

 

 


     Izuku walks mindlessly towards Mikumo's school when his phone beeps. The name-caller ID shows his mom so he immediately picks up. "Hey, Izuku! I picked up Mikumo from his school so, you don't have to worry!" That was... awfully convenient. Does the universe want him gone that bad...? "Is that so? Okay, then. I have a few things to do so, is it okay if I...?" "Sure! Be home before dinner, okay?" Izuku stopped in his step. "...Yeah, okay." Izuku stops the call and sighs loudly. Today's the day... He wasn't coming home any time soon... "Hmm, a medium-sized skin suit!" Izuku looked at the towering buildup of grime on front of him. "W-What the—" "I was on the run earlier... You're really saving my skin here, kid!" Sludge Monster wraps his entire being around Izuku, and he forces himself into his mouth. "Don't worry, kid. This will only hurt for around forty-five seconds. Your plain form is really doing me some good here." Izuku cries. Or, well, he tries to cry. Having a monster shove their entire being inside you isn't exactly enticing. Tears form and flow and choking sounds are heard. 'Please... No... Not like this...' he thought. He feels his consciousness is going away. His arms limp beside him, and hope is floating away, his life, right behind it.

 

     "Come on, wake up now." Izuku blearily blinks. 'I didn't...?' Izuku slowly sits up and regains his composure. "Phew. I thought I lost you there!" That booming voice. He knows that. Everyone knows that. His head snaps upwards so fast it almost gave him whiplash. His mouth close-opens and he backs away incredibly fast. "A-A-All Might!" Izuku caresses his slightly sore cheek with all the slapping. "W-What are you doing here?" All Might beams. "Well, this slimy villain has slipped through my attention! I'm sorry you were caught in my chase, young...?" Izuku blinks, "M-Midoriya, Sir." "Young Midoriya. I've already signed the notebook so you don't have to worry about it." Izuku's eyes widened and searched the ground beside him. He saw the unmistakably large signature. "He just stared at it for a while and he packed it.

 

     "Now, stand back, young citizen. I shall take off." Izuku looked at him frantically, "Wait! I just need to ask one question! Please!" "Hurry up, young Midoriya!" Izuku's eyes widened, not taking into account that the hero might not be expecting it. "C-Can a person without a quirk be a-a hero?" All Might blinked. "Without a quirk, eh?" Izuku nodded. "I... It doesn't have to be spotlight... I just want to help people." All Might sighed... And oh boy, Izuku knows where this is headed. He ducks his head, "I'm sorry. Nevermind..." He tucks his notebook back into his back, and he walks away dejectedly, making it a point to cut corners quickly to avoid All Might's gaze. He thought his heart was already fine shards... He never thought it could be powdered...

 

     Izuku climbs a roof. It was an abandoned building, six stories high. He sits his bag, his shoes, and his note beside him as he dangles off the edge. He blinks at the caller ID. He decides to pick it up. "Hello? Izuku, where are you? It's getting late." Izuku clutches the phone tightly. "I took a walk, Dad. I needed to clear my head." "Oh... Well, could you come home? We're worried sick." Izuku shuts his eyes and lets the lie flow out of his mouth. "Yeah. I'll be there in a few." "Okay. Stay safe. Love you, bud." And oh doesn't that just squeeze his conscience. "I know. I love you too, Dad... So much." he ends the call, and tears flow. He knows these tears are his last, so he savors the moment. He doesn't wail, he doesn't sob. He just let the tears fall, because that's all he can do. Once he feels that the tears aren't coming any time soon, he doesn't bother wiping it. He stands shakily, and he looks up. It's the last time he'll see the night sky, after all. He takes a hesitant step, contemplating everything. But... All that comes to mind is that no one wants him around. The words of affirmation from his parents feel shallow. From that moment on, his foot hangs from the ledge, and as he falls, it's as if time slowed down for a second. "KID!" He turns around, and he sees a figure. He kept his expression blank and his body free falls. His body being hit by air feels so free. He closes his eyes, and all he hears after he blacks out is a bloodcurdling scream.

 

Chapter 2

Summary:

He hobbles to the floor’s main lobby, a glass pane with a view to the night sky and the slight ringing of elevators catching his attention. He hid in a little corner all by himself as to make sure any nurse that would pass by wouldn’t see him in the slightest. Fuck, his life’s a huge mess. First he was quirkless and then the subconscious favoritism and then just… everything sucks in general.

“Hey… Can I sit here?” Izuku looked up and saw… a teen?

He had pink hair and overall just a really comfy ensemble.

Notes:

TW: Attempted suicide, suicide, talk about bullying, neglect, panic attack, and let me know if I missed anything

Hanamura Hajime: https://i.pinimg.com/564x/db/86/52/db8652cd4cb44c821b76abab341abb75.jpg

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

"For the love of all things heroic..." 'W...What?' Izuku opens his eyes, and he was met by a white, clean ceiling. "What in the ever loving fuck just happened?" Izuku tilts his head, and he gently takes off the muzzle? On his face? "U-Uh, Sir, please lie down. Y-You just woke up from a... traumatic experience." Midoriya examined his arms and sighed loudly. "What kind of sick afterlife is this? Tch. Can't even die right." The nurse flinched at what she heard. "Um... Please lie down. We're not sure what happened here, but maybe it's a work of a quirk. I'll—"

 

      "I'm quirkless."

 

      The nurse's eyes widened. "Oh... Oh dear. Um... Please, just wait a little longer. Your family has been informed of your situation and they are to arrive shortly. I'll get a specialist with me." Izuku blanched. He fucked up. He knew he fucked up. He didn't take survival into account. He really thought he could pass away with no issue. Tch. How naive of him. He unplugs the dextrose from his arm, blood, flowing out like a river. He feels the pain, but he doesn't *feel* the pain. He looks around for something, *anything* sharp...


     Eraserhead sighs into his palms. He sees the nurse with a specialist coming back, and he's confused, but he doesn't follow them. It's not his business. His business is explaining that he's sorry he *failed* to catch their *son* that fucking *jumped* off of a roof with a content look... "AAAHHHHH!!!" Eraserhead's attention snaps up, and he looks at the source of the scream. He sees the nurse backing away, fear in her eyes. He kneels beside her and tries to ask why, and when he sees the paralyzed doctor by the doorway, he knows why...

 

     The kid impaled himself by the heart, and he's already lifeless... Again...

 

     Aizawa's face turns green for a while, and then he almost pukes... The kid's body *pushed out* the scalpel, and the body repairs itself. The blood stays and drips, but his body pumps back to life. The beeping of the heart rate monitor snaps them out of their trance, and Eraserhead steps into action.

 

     "Ma'am, are you okay to do your job?" The nurse still looks shaken, but she nods her head. Good. She has a strong resolve. "Please stay outside for a few minutes. I'll deal with this." The specialist and the nurse stepped outside. Eraserhead took a few careful steps, and sees the blinking of the kid's eyes. He strains to hear the soft chanting of "No." as the kid covers his eyes and his body trembles. Eraserhead blinks.

 

     Oh.

 

     He's panicking.

 

     'Aw, fuck.' Eraserhead calmly walks over to the panicking teen and gently makes his presence known. He gently taps the kid's shoulder and tries to gauge his arm out of his face. Izuku reluctantly complies and Eraserhead's heart clenches at the sight. Somehow, he just knows that frowns don't suit this kid whatsoever.

 

     Aizawa gently places a hand on Midoriya's shoulder and another on his chest. He doesn't trust the teen's auditory prowess at the moment so he made an exaggerated motion to show his square breathing. Izuku, the smart bean that he is, copies the technique. Aizawa smiles small to assure the teen. "Okay, good. Can you name three things you can see?" Izuku breathes and names Aizawa, his scarf, and the door. "Good, good. How about two things you can feel?" He grips Aizawa's arm and raises his other hand to his hair. "Great. How about one thing you can hear?" "Um... The heart rate monitor."

 

     Aizawa nods. He's coherent. "You back with us, kid?" Izuku nods, but tears still fall. "Do you think you can face a specialist right now? We want to know what happened." Izuku sobs. He heard Aizawa loud and clear, but... "But?" Izuku tenses. "S-sorry..." "For what? For talking?" Izuku nods. "Some people find it annoying and off-putting." "Good thing I'm not some people, then. It's okay to say no, you know. They'll understand. You'll want some rest first." Izuku nods shakily. "I'll tell the nurse to speak with you later, okay? They'll get you some fresh clothes. I'll be back with you soon. Can you promise me you won't do anything until then?" and oh what Izuku says next just breaks his heart even more. "N-Not like I c-can do a-a-anything right..." Aizawa doesn't like the sound of that. It's not right. Both coming from the kid's mouth and just in general. He refused to believe this kid's a fuck up. "I'll be back fast, kid." Aizawa clasps the kid's shoulder in an affectionate way and went to talk to the people outside.


     "He's fine, no damage. I checked. He just suffered through a panic attack." The specialist nodded. "Please get the patient some fresh clothes, something to clean himself with, and transport him to a vacant room." the nurse nods and she sprints to action. "Thank you for the help, ...?" "...Aizawa." "Aizawa-san. Are you a pro?" "Yeah, I am. I... I'll talk to the kid's parents about what happened. You can go do whatever else needs to be done." The specialist nods his head, "Thank you, Aizawa-san. I'll get back to him—" "Where's my baby?!" Ah, well, Aizawa has a lot of things on his plate now, doesn't he?


     Inko and Hisashi Midoriya rush through the highway, thankful there isn't any traffic at all. There were a few close calls with running a red light and all that, but Hisashi's a skilled driver. "Mom, where are we going?" asks Mikumo. "The hospital, baby." "What? Why?" Inko bites her lip, but she ends up telling him anyway. "Izuku's in the hospital, honey." Mikumo's eyes widened. "Wh-What? Nii-san's in the the hospital?" he sees Inko nod. "We're not sure why, baby, but we're going to make sure he's alright, okay?" Mikumo silently nods, his lips pursing. He feels slightly guilty, but he doesn't know why. Or, not yet, at least.

 

     "Where's my baby!?" Inko looks at the doctor and... The man in front of the room. "I'll take care of this." Aizawa tells the doctor, and he nods, walking to the next patient. "Do... Don't tell my baby is—" "Midoriya-san, your son is... safe. Alive and safe, for that matter. But, for the time being, the blood in the room is not for the best to see so, please wait a moment." "But—" "Please trust me, Midoriya-san. Especially with his brother here, seeing him right now is not ideal." Inko hesitantly nods and pulls Mikumo close while Hisashi wraps his arms around them. Aizawa spots the nurse with the fresh clothes and urges her to speed up.


     Izuku sobs, if you could call it that. It was more like whimpering, with how hard he's trying to keep it down. He doesn't stop. The tears overflow like a breaking dam, and it just keeps on going. It's never ending. "Excuse me, Mido— Oh! Are you hurt?" Izuku shakes his head while he profusely wipes at his personal waterfalls. "Oh... Um, I brought you a fresh set of clothes and a bucket of warm water so you could clean off the blood. I can close the curtains for your privacy." Izuku just nods weakly. The nurse nods back and she closes the curtains, and Izuku wipes the blood off of his body.

 

     "Um, excuse me?" The nurse looks behind her to see Izuku in clean clothes and slippers. "Oh, you're done. Please sit on the wheelchair so we can escort you to your new room." Izuku's brow furrowed but he complied anyway. He got up on unstable knees and collapsed into the wheelchair's seat and he lets himself be pushed to his room.

 

     "Izuku!" oh fuck. Parents. Dammit, he also sees Mikumo, too. "I'm tired, Mom. Can it wait?" Inko and Hisashi looked shocked. "Nii-san, are you okay?" Izuku just massaged his temple. "Not right now, okay? I just want to get to bed." Inko looked crestfallen, "Alright, baby. Let's go to your room." the nurse pushes the chair towards the admitting room, and the party of three follow behind, Eraserhead right behind them. Inko consoles Mikumo while she cries, and Mikumo looks in shock. Hisashi shakes his head before Aizawa could apologize. "I... Could we at least know what happened? All the nurse said was to come to the hospital."

 

     Aizawa frowns, "I... It's not a pretty story. I suggest you leave his brother with Izuku while he's sleeping." Hisashi keeps his frown, "That bad?" Aizawa grimaces. "Worse that you might think..."


     Izuku carefully sets himself on the hospital bed and immediately faces the wall, unable to face the nurse for having her to see that horrifying picture. “Okay, we’re supposed to hook you on an IV drip but with situations like this we want to be extra cautious. We’ll have someone check on your vitals first before we do anything else medical. Is that okay?” Izuku barely nods. “Alright, wait for me here.”

 

     Kudos to that nurse for keeping a calm façade and a smile the entire time. Most people would’ve been crying in closets.

 

     “Alright, it seems like everything in your vitals are fine. You’re clear.” Izuku nods. Well, I mean, what’s he going to say at this point, right?

 

     The nurse from earlier comes by and she sits down in front of Izuku. “Okay, we just have to clean and then I’ll find the vein. When Izuku doesn’t respond, she’s worried, but she proceeds with her job. As she injected the needle in, she saw Izuku wince a little, so she’s glad he’s responsive. “I’m sorry…” The nurse looked up from her place, “Excuse me?” Izuku kept his gaze down. “I’m sorry you had to see that…” The nurse frowned. “Can I touch you?” she asked, and Izuku nodded, albeit with great hesitance. The nurse held Izuku’s cheek, “Don’t apologize for feeling what you feel. If it caused you to do it, don’t. It was horrifying, I’ll admit, but what’s important is you’re here right now. Understand? There is nothing to gain by looking back.” Izuku nods.

 

     After the nurse, Nakamura, secured the IV drip, she gave the go signal for the family to enter, and the crestfallen look the family shared over Izuku’s slumbering form was… heart-breaking in itself.


     Inko sighs as she leaves a sleeping Mikumo in Izuku’s room, awaiting the dreaded explanation of why is her son in a hospital. Aizawa takes a seat across the couple, and he takes a deep breath. “There is no easy way to say this… I tried to save from committing suicide.” A gasp from both parents were heard. “But… tried being keyword. I’m no medical expert, but… Your son succeeded in his attempt.” Inko paled. “No… No, that’s a horrible joke! My son is right there—” “Honey, hear what he has to say.” Inko didn’t fight her husband on that.

 

     “I… Your son’s… current situation will be further explained by a proper doctor. His quirk—” “What? Izuku’s always been quirkless. What do you mean?” Aizawa’s eyes widened. That was a new development. “Is… Is that so? If that’s true then… forced quirk activation. Have you ever heard of it?” Both parents shook their heads. “If a person experiences stress at high levels for a prolonged period of time, it can cause quirk genes to flare up out of nowhere to help prevent a situation. I… I assume that’s what happened with Izuku, but I’m no doctor.” Inko blew her nose into a handkerchief while Hisashi… stared blankly.

 

     “He was successful in his attempt… Or, attempts. His quirk appears to prevent him from dying.” Inko sobs quietly in shock, and Hisashi… fuck, if you can hear his sobs, it would’ve broken you. “I… I’m sorry I couldn’t be faster.” Hisashi shook his head. “N-No, please don’t apologize…?” “Aizawa.” “Aizawa-san. Y-You tried to help. That’s more than anyone else has ever done.”

 

     Aizawa frowns. Them being thankful towards him for doing the bare minimum? They should’ve been at least furious with it but…

 

     Izuku’s quirkless.

 

     He knows how horrible the people treat them nowadays.


     In the middle of the night, Izuku woke up to the sight of Mikumo sleeping beside him and his parents leaning on each other. He couldn’t handle seeing them at the moment, not after what he did. He cautiously got off the bed and dragged his IV drip with him as he left the room, leaving the sleeping three-fourths of a family inside.

 

     He hobbles to the floor’s main lobby, a glass pane with a view to the night sky and the slight ringing of elevators catching his attention. He hid in a little corner all by himself as to make sure any nurse that would pass by wouldn’t see him in the slightest. Fuck, his life’s a huge mess. First he was quirkless and then the subconscious favoritism and then just… everything sucks in general.

 

     “Hey… Can I sit here?” Izuku looked up and saw… a teen?

 

     He had pink hair and overall just a really comfy ensemble.

 

     “I heard you sigh out loud so I… I thought you could use an ear. Or shoulder, or whatever.” Izuku keeps his gaze pointed down, but never made a move to dismiss the other person. Said person took that as a social cue to sit down one seat apart from Izuku. “My name’s Hanamura. Hanamura Hajime.” Izuku looks at him with dim but curious eyes, so he replies. “…Midoriya Izuku.” Hanamura smiles. “Midoriya-san, then. Are you around my age?” Izuku tilts his head. “W…What’s your age?” “It’s around May, right? I’m twelve.” “Oh. Same here.” Hanamura gives him a warm smile.

 

     “So… what brings you out here?” asked Hanamura. He thought he made a wrong move when he saw Midoriya grimace. “S-Sorry. Touchy subject?” Izuku bites his lower lip. “I… I couldn’t stand it when I saw my parents and my brother in that room knowing what I’ve done.” Hanamura frowns. “Is it okay to ask?” Midoriya… Well, there’s no way he’s seeing this person ever again. It’s a hospital. “…I jumped.” Hanamura doesn’t know but Midoriya was very fucking thankful when he didn’t make a sound and he just took it like a champ. “I couldn’t handle being in a room with them… Not after that.” Hanamura frowns in sympathy, but he doesn’t press any further.

 

     “W-What about you? Is it okay to ask?” Hanamura nods softly. “My… My grandmother’s on her deathbed, but I couldn’t handle the atmosphere there.” “Oh… I’m sorry.” “Thanks.”

 

     Both boys sat in an eerie yet comfortable silence until Hanamura saw Midoriya yawning. “Okay, I think you should go back to your room. You’re yawning a lot.” Midoriya tried to protest but he failed. “Okay um, is it okay if assist you? I don’t want you passing out.” Midoriya nods so Hanamura slides his arm to Izuku’s waist and he guides him. “Which room are you?” “Three-fifty-two.” “Got it.”


    They arrive at Midoriya’s room just in time to see a mother with a frantic look in her eyes. “Oh, baby.” She rushes to him and hugs him gently, momentarily forgetting the person with him. “O-Oh! Forgive my manners. Thank you for helping my son back here. I thought he ran away or something.” Hanamura waves it off, “It’s no problem, Midoriya-san. He just wanted some fresh air! Right?” The younger Midoriya nods. Inko and Hanamura exchange pleasantries a little longer before the latter returns to his family, and Izuku back to his confinement.

 

     The next morning had Izuku feeling dreadful. The doctor retracts their hand on Izuku’s forehead and gives a solemn look. “It’s a quirk factor, alright. A very rare type.” Hisashi could feel Izuku spiralling in his abyss of a mind so he gave his son a gentle squeeze on the shoulder. “W… What is it?” The doctor cleared their throat, “It’s… It’s a resurrection quirk. It seems to return the users body in peak condition after… death.” Mikumo frowned, “What’s a ri-sir-ekshun?” he asked. Inko carded her hand through his hair, “We’ll explain in a bit, baby.” Izuku buries his head to his dad’s side, and the father couldn’t help but hold him closer. “Regarding his quirk, he suffers from absolutely nothing at all. No condition, no underlying symptoms, nothing. We can give the go ahead for him to be discharged.” Inko’s eyes widened, “Really? Isn’t it standard procedure to keep them for at least three days?” “Usually it is, but Izuku’s quirk gave him the best care he needs. He won’t need to. I can call a diagnostician if you’re doubting the quirk, which is quite understandable, so that we can see if he needs to stay here or not.” Hisashi nods. “Yes, that would be preferable.” “Before I forget, what would you like to name your quirk?” Izuku squirms… “We can have this conversation another time if—” “Do-Over.”

 

Everyone looked at him. “I… Even the slightest hint of resurrection in the name will give people some incentives… I don’t want to be the perfect suicide soldier…” That… Fuck that was bleak. “Okay. I’ll deal with the papers. Please excuse me as I get the specialist.”

 

     Izuku lands back on his bed while Inko tries to explain to Mikumo what exactly his brother’s quirk is. Hisashi sits beside Izuku. “Hey, bud. How are you feeling?” Izuku sighed. “…Like total shit.” Hisashi would’ve scolded his son for such language but…

 

     Well, if you’re tired of everything, you don’t exactly have perfect control over what you say.

 

     “I’m sorry I couldn’t hel—” “Stop. Please.” Hisashi frowns. “What?” “I just… Ever since I was four that’s all I ever heard. Please just… if you really want to help, just do it… I’m sick of apologies.”

 

     That night, Hisashi made a vow to help his son from now on, and he’ll never leave his side again. Figuratively speaking, of course.


     Inko takes her turn beside Izuku. “Izuku, honey, can you look at me for a second?” She saw his body go tense but he does it anyway. “Why… Why didn’t you tell me?” Izuku furrowed his brows, “Why… Why would I?” Inko’s eyes widened. “Ever since Mikumo got his quirk, all you ever did was fuss over him. You called me differently-abled, Mom.” Inko at least had the decency to look abashed. “Time went on and even though it wasn’t a long time, I’ve been seeing you pay more attention to him. You keep forcing me to family gatherings with the Bakugous even though I didn’t want to. Katsuki’s been hurting me since I was four and you weren’t even putting in the effort to find why we fell apart…”

 

     Inko’s eyes widened, “Katsuki-kun’s been bullying you?” Izuku sighed and faced the wall. “What does it matter now? You’re eight years too late to do anything…” Inko feels tears prick her eyes, so she dejectedly left the room silently, and she cried her heart out right outside the room.


     Now it was Mikumo’s turn to sit beside his brother. “Nii-san?” Izuku blearily faced his brother. “Yeah?” Mikumo fidgeted in his seat. “Do you… Do you hate me?” Izuku’s eyes widened a large amount and he gently sat up. “What? No! What gave you that idea?” Mikumo keeps his head down. Izuku’s eyes softened and he beckoned for Mikumo to come to him. Mikumo wasted no time in burying his head into Izuku’s shirt. “I could never be angry at you… You’re a kid, you didn’t know it was wrong.” “B-But I-I-I thought different of you…”

 

     Izuku continued to card through Mikumo’s green curls. He got black curls from their dad.

 

     “You wouldn’t have been the first. But it doesn’t matter now, yeah? You know it’s wrong to judge people like that.” Mikumo shakily sobs into Izuku. “It’s okay, Mikumo.” Mikumo wails and he clutches Izuku like a lifeline. “I-I’m s-s-sorry, Nii-chan…” he hiccups, and Izuku feels his heart warm, even just a little. “It’s okay, Kumo. It doesn’t matter anymore.” Mikumo lets his heart out just a little more, before finally collapsing against his brother.

 

     When both Midoriyas enter the hospital room that night, no one said a word.


     The next morning, the diagnostician made their way to squeeze Izuku into his schedule and he’s officially discharged!

 

     Hisashi drove them to a little ice cream parlor, Inko tried her best to try and act better, and Mikumo’s been giving Izuku a lot of attention lately.

 

     …But even with all of those things in mind, all that lingers is that he was dead not a few days ago.

Notes:

I promise this gets better-

Let me know if I forgot some tags

Chapter 3

Summary:

There’s a saying that in this world, there are those who are born lucky, and those who are lucky to be born. Midoriya frankly believes he’s neither.

But then there’s the opposite.

Bakugou Katsuki strongly believes the world is lucky that he’s born. Like somehow the world revolved around him and that everyone around him should bow to his feet like he’s a prophesied king of the world. It didn’t help that everyone around him practically did all of those things with zero hesitation, and he grew both a reputation and an ego to match. His skill grew as he aged, and he does things skillfully. Top of the class, beautiful and powerful quirk? Oh, his path is already written and paved for him. He just had to walk it.

Notes:

T.W: Talk about suicide(mostly implied, I think), a little grief (idk how to write warnings so if there are any I missed, tell me immediately)

(read endnotes)

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

There’s a saying that in this world, there are those who are born lucky, and those who are lucky to be born. Midoriya frankly believes he’s neither.

 

But then there’s the opposite.

 

Bakugou Katsuki strongly believes the world is lucky that he’s born. Like somehow the world revolved around him and that everyone around him should bow to his feet like he’s a prophesied king of the world. It didn’t help that everyone around him practically did all of those things with zero hesitation, and he grew both a reputation and an ego to match. His skill grew as he aged, and he does things skillfully. Top of the class, beautiful and powerful quirk? Oh, his path is already written and paved for him. He just had to walk it.

 

But then the stupid worthless Deku had to be the fucking obstacle in his path. Of course, what are obstacles but something to step over, right? So that’s what he did. He though he and Deku would be heroes together but then the fucking nerd ruined it by having to be quirkless! The fucking nerd didn’t deserve shit!


So he walks to school with the idea of being ready to put the nerd in his fucking place again. Honestly, with all the proof Katsuki’s been giving the nerd, he thought he would’ve come to his senses to stop being a fucking wall to Katsuki’s path, and to stop hanging onto his pipe dream because honestly how stupid—

 

“Midoriya will not be attending school today. His parents called and told me he’s in the hospital. Now, for homeroom…” said the teacher quite apathetically.

 

Katsuki blinked. Nerd? In the hospital? What the fuck can a scrawny wench like him do to get him in a hospital?

 

And then all of a sudden, words from yesterday came to quench his mind’s curiosity.

 

“Go jump off a roof for all I care.”

 

T… The nerd wouldn’t actually do that, right? He doesn’t have a spine to do that…

 

Then came the voice in his head once again. Whatever helps you sleep at night, number one hero.


Aizawa returned to his home through the subway system, opting to leave his car by U.A, not trusting his ability to drive at the moment because, to put it quite plainly,

 

What the actual fuck just happened?

 

Fuck, he failed to catch him… Fucking shit, he failed to catch him. Aizawa buried his face in his hands because this was all a huge mess… The kid was so convinced that the world was against him, ending it all felt like the only solution left in this world… The cruelty the kid suffered must’ve been so severe… Shouta doesn’t want to talk about it.

 

He walks into his home with cats already pawing at his feet, but he’s not in the mood. Dammit, no one would be in the mood if you’re thinking about how you failed to catch a falling boy from a rooftop…

 

So he changes out of his hero uniform and he lays down on the bed, and he lets grief, regret, and remorse sink into his tired body.


Yamada Hizashi is a rather positive person. He’s not optimistic, pessimistic, or anything like that. As a hero, you need to give realistic answers. So, Yamada thinks to himself that since realistic answers are always dreadful to hear, if he can, he adds a little positive tone to it. It always helps to hear a happy tone to realistic situations. It feels a lot less dreadful that way.

 

So when he enters the apartment… Well, this is how it went.

 

“Shouta~ I’m home~!” Hizashi looks around to see no signs of Shouta, he thought to himself, “He’s probably in the bedroom.” Hizashi takes his shoes off and looks at the clock. “Huh. Better get started on dinner.” Hizashi hangs his jacket on the rack by the front door, and he walks to their bedroom.

 

“Shouta?” Hizashi looks at the still-lying form of Shouta on the bad. Hizashi smiles. “Aww, is he actually sleeping?” He gently walks towards Shouta’s sleeping body, when his eyes widened suddenly.

 

Shouta had tearstains on his pillowcase. Shouta never cries!

 

Okay, so that might sound like he’s not human or apathetic, but Shouta rarely cries! Hizashi’s only seen him cry a few times in high school and during their wedding, but that’s that! He doesn’t cry!

 

Which exactly gives him the judgment to let the sleeping man sleep for a few more minutes before leaving the room to make them their dinner: ramen. A classic comfort food, and something Shouta would definitely not feed to the cats. Nezu knows he needs to stop overfeeding them…


Shouta stirs in his sleep as he felt something shake him gently. “Shouta? Shouuutaaa~ Wake up, you big baby.” Shouta rubs his eyes gently and the light finally seeps in, giving a full view to his very wonderful partner. “Zashi? What are you doing here?” Hizashi snorts, “It’s eight pm, Sho. I’m kinda supposed to be back here in the house by now.” Shouta’s brows furrowed, and damn, he slept two hours? New personal record. “Dinner’s ready, by the way. Do you want to eat?” Shouto can’t say no to Zashi’s cooking.

 

Both of them eat their dinner in silence, something they agreed upon when one of them came home from a harsh mission. Zashi must’ve sensed it or something because Shouta’s getting the best treatment here.

 

They placed their dishes in the sink, and Shouta washed them in return of Zashi having to prepare the dinner by himself.

 

They watch the news replay like they usually do, and the prepared themselves to bed.


Hizashi quietly scrolls in his phone while Shouta absorbs the physical comforting presence Hizashi has. When Hizashi hears Shouta sigh for the umpteenth time, “Shouta? Do you want to talk about it?” Hizashi continues to card through Shouta’s messy curls, Shouta can’t keep it in anymore. He lets tears flow out of his eyes in small waves, and he buries his head into Zashi. “I failed, Zashi…” “I’m here, Shouta. You can talk if you want, but you don’t have to if you don’t want to.” Shouta lets a few more tears fall from here before telling the tale.


There’s only one way to describe what Hizashi Yamada is feeling right now:

 

Horrified.

 

Sure, he’s paid attention to Quirk Theory while he was a U.A student and all that, but he didn’t think he’ll ever hear about actual forceful quirk activation as a trauma-response! “Oh Shouta… W-Where’s the kid now?” Eraserhead sighs. “Over in Musutafu hospital… I want to apologize but… How on Earth am I going to face his parents, Zashi?” Zashi doesn’t know the answer to that... He continues to run his fingers through Shouta’s hair until they fall into a hopefully dreamless sleep.


When the Midoriya family reached their home, no one said a word when Izuku went to shower. Mikumo sat on the couch for now, playing with a few plushies, but Hisashi and Inko were talking in their room on how to progress from here.

 

Because let’s be honest, this is a difficult situation. “Hisashi… What on Earth are we going to do?” Hisashi shakes his head. “I don’t know… I really don’t know, Inko. A-At this point, it feels like anything I do is another mistake…”

 

Both adults sat down on their seats, Izuku just freshly came out of the shower in his comfort clothes.

 

“I-Izuku!” They looked at him and saw his clothes kind of being a bit too tight on him. “Did you gain some muscle? That shirt looks a bit tight on you.” Izuku shuffles uncomfortably.


“I… Probably the uhm… quirk…” Inko looks confused. “I… They said it brings me back to peak condition…” Inko frowns, but before she could apologize or do something she’ll immediately regret, Hisashi stepped in. “Izuku… We were talking about how we go from here, and we weren’t sure… I want to know your thoughts, and… I want you to listen to what I have to offer. Please?” Izuku sports a look of slight disbelief in his face as he looks at the both of them, but he can’t find anything but sincerity in both their faces, so…

 

He decided right then and there that if they’re willing to finally try… he guesses he can try with them.


“Izuku… Can you tell us everything that’s happened in the past?” Izuku furrows his brows, “Why? I-It’s not like it matters.” Inko appears to be reaching out for Izuku but held herself back. “Honey… We want to be a part of you now. And that means we want to know the pain you hold… please?” Izuku looks at them hesitantly. “…Okay. But not with Mikumo here. Later at night.” Hisashi and Inko share a look before nodding with pure resolve in their eyes.

 

As night approaches and with Mikumo sound asleep in his bed, Inko and Hisashi sit on either side of Izuku on the couch, to make it look les slike an interrogation. “Okay… Where do I begin?” Hisashi lays a hand on Izuku’s back, and Inko feels a bit of jealousy at how easy it was for Hisashi to have that form of tactile relationship with their son. Hisashi spoke, “Could you start when you were four? You said it all went south from there.”

 

Izuku took a shuddering breath… and the story of his life gets laid in front of them.


Hisashi rubs Izuku’s back as the younger Midoriya tries desperately to hold in the tears from leaking out and creating his own personal waterfalls. “Is your head clear right now, Izu?” Izuku nods his head, albeit a little shaky. “Okay… This is my proposition, so I want you to give me some time before you react, okay?” Izuku nods and gently looks at his father. “My suggestion… is that we try therapy.” Izuku’s eyes widened, but before he could refute any ideas, Hisashi spoke again. “I don’t mean we send you to therapy. I think we should try family therapy. We… We aren’t the best family, I know that now… But I want to try. What do you think?”

 

Izuku… Well, he takes back what he said earlier. His head is cloudy as fuck right now. “I… I don’t know.” Hisashi nods and hugs him close. “It’s okay if you don’t know, Izuku. It’s alright. Do you want to go to bed now? Your school doesn’t know you’re discharged yet so you can take the day off.” Izuku nods. “Okay. Love ya, bud.” Izuku nods and he retreats back to his room. “Fuck, what are we going to do, Inko?” Inko shakes a little in her seat. “I don’t know, Hisashi…” she looks at the number on the piece of paper, “I don’t know…”


Aizawa wakes up to the smell of… udon? He groggily rises from his slumber and walks into their living room and he sees Hizashi whipping something up. “Good morning, Shouta. I made us some udon for breakfast and I called in for Nem and Vlad to take our classes for the day. Figured you should take it easy after… that night.” Shouta nods and he watches his husband continuing to make their breakfast, his nose gradually pivking up the scent of their delicious meal.

 

After their very filling breakfast, they spent the remaining of their morning watching stupid cat videos online, and Shouta’s gotta say, it’s starting to make them feel better. He can tell with the way he’s starting to smile and how Hizashi’s coos and laughter are getting louder.

 

That was fun and all, but their moment was disrupted by a sudden phone ringing. Shouta fished his phone from the table in front of them and saw an unknown number. “Were you expecting any calls, Sho?” Shouta shook his head but answered anyway. “Hello? Who is this?”

 

“I-Is this Eraserhead?” Shouta blinks, “Yes? Who is this?”

 

“I-I’m Midoriya Inko. Midoriya Izuku’s mother?” Shouta pales and his eyes widened. “Hold that thought.” Shouta mutes his end of the call and Hizashi asks, “Sho? Who is it?” “It’s the kid’s mom, Zashi. I-I gave her my number if she ever needed help with how to move forward but I don’t even know how to move forward at this point…” Hizashi takes his hand, “You don’t have to worry so much, Sho… I’m right here. We’ll figure it out together, ya dig?” Shouta takes a deep intake of breath and nods.

 

“Yes, sorry for the hold. What can I do for you?” He hears the woman sniff a bit before answering, “I… I don’t know what to do… We talked with him last night about his struggles in life and it went as well as it could be, then my husband gently introduced the idea of therapy to him… He took it as well as a distressed person could but… it’s been a few days and he hasn’t spoken to us about it. I don’t know what to do anymore…” He hears Inko sob a little and apologize right after.

 

“Midoriya-san… I want to be honest with you, I don’t know how to approach you from there but… I have a vague idea. Could… Could I visit and bring my husband with me? We… I think I can get through to him.”

 

Inko shuffles a bit before giving her answer. “Please… At this point, I’m willing to try anything. W-When will you be arriving?” “Hang on.”

 

“Zashi… Can you come with me and see the kid?” Hizashi nods. “By noon?” Hizashi nods again. “We can be there by noon. Is that okay?” “Y-Yes. I-I’ll make some extra food just in case.” Shouta blinks, “That’s not necessary Midoriya-san—” “Please…” he hears the desperation in her voice. “I… I haven’t been a good parent to Izuku… please allow me to make these small gesture as thanks to you… In a way of calling I convinced myself that I was helping him but in truth I don’t even know exactly how I should approach him… I don’t know my own son, Eraserhead. So please…” Aizawa blinks a few times… “Okay. We’ll be there by noon.” “Thank you.” The call ends, and now, mental preparation.


“Izuku, I called some people so we’ll have some guests. Please make yourself presentable.” Izuku’s eyes widen in a bit of fear, “I-Is it the Bakugous?” Inko frowned that he assumed she’d still call them over after learning the numerous times Katsuki burned him. “No, don’t worry. They’re one of the nicest people ever. Please, honey?” Izuku nods, but he retreats to his room, doing his own mental preparation on who could they be.

 

The doorbell rings and Inko smoothens her little outfit in favor of looking presentable in front of their guests. “Inko? Are we expecting someone?” Asked Hisashi, who just got off of work by filing his leave. “Yes, dear.” She opened the door and saw two contrasting personalities. “P-Present Mic?”

 

The man grins, “That’s me! But out of hero work, you can call me Yamada or Hizashi!” she blinks at the similarity his name has with her own husband’s name. “Yamada-san and…?” “Aizawa Shouta.” “Aizawa-san. Welcome, please come in.”

 

Hisashi blinks at seeing the gruff but respectable hero coming in with someone who has a large amount of charisma. “Oh! I didn’t realize Inko called you over. Please, have a seat.” “Thank you, Midoriya-san.” “Ah, for clarity’s sake, just call me Hisashi and my wife Inko.” “Of course, Hisashi-san.” Inko comes into the living room. “I see you’ve been acquainted. Hisashi... frankly, I called them over because I don’t know how to help Izuku, but Aizawa-san here told me he has an idea how.”

 

Hisashi looks over to Aizawa with hope-filled eyes, begging for answers. Aizawa inhales… “You… You mentioned over the phone how you introduced the idea of therapy to him and how he’s being unresponsive when you bring it up, am I right?” Inko nods. “I… Zashi and I think that we can help convince him to get the help he deserves, but only with your permission.” Only at this point does Hisashi speak. “Please. We’ll take any help we can get.” Zashi smiles, “So, where’s the little listener?” “H-He’s in his little brother’s room. Ever since the hospital, Mikumo’s been trying harder to be involved with Izuku’s life.” Hizashi smiles at the littler listener’s (wow, what a tongue twister) actions. “That’s sweet. Would you mind if we…?” “No, not at all. I-I’ll get the food ready. Just tell Mikumo I’m looking for him. He’ll come quickly.” Hizashi nods, and Shouta follows Hizashi to the boy’s room.

 

True to Inko’s word, right after the little fanboy session Mikumo had, once he said Inko was looking for him he dashed past them. “Sooo, you’re Midoriya Izuku, yeah?” Izuku nods, but he keeps his head down. “You can probably tell I’m Present Mic because of the getup, but this is—” “Eraserhead. U-Underground hero, right?” Both of them blink in surprise. “S-Sorry…” Hizashi looks at him, “Why are you apologizing, listener?” “I… some people find it unsettling.” Shouta takes his place next. “Well, what did I tell you, kid? Good thing I’m not some people.” Izuku finally looks at them, and Hizashi’s heart breaks silently at the dull shade of green in Izuku’s eyes. “Why… Why are you here? Were you the ones Mom called over?” Aizawa nods. “Yeah. She told me about how you were anxious about therapy.” Izuku flinches. “Wait… before anything, I want… I want to apologize.” Aizawa looks at him. “I… I feel like you’re blaming yourself you couldn’t catch me so… yeah. I apol—” “No.” Izuku looks up at the man. “W-What?” “Don’t apologize for something you can’t help, kid.” “B-But I…”

 

Aizawa sits beside him while Yamada in front. “I don’t blame you for jumping, I blame myself for not being faster, even though I know I shouldn’t, but sometimes it’s easier that way, yeah?” Izuku keeps his gaze down. “Therapy… I take it too, you know. For situations like this. Therapy’s helping me realize that there’s no use looking back if it doesn’t help anyone, but it’s important to acknowledge it if you ever want to keep moving forward… But that’s the question sometimes, no?”

 

“How do you move forward for something you’re not sure if you want to move forward in the first place? Because if moving forward means accepting it happened… then you don’t want to acknowledge it ever happened, yeah?” Izuku nods, and Aizawa feels like he’s getting somewhere.

 

Yamada smiles gently as he speaks. “We had a friend during high-school… A great person, but there was an accident, and he didn’t make it… It was hard for us to accept he isn’t here anymore. I got so stressed I passed out, and sometimes I suffered from hallucinations that he’s here, but in truth that was just grief hallucinations because… because I couldn’t move on.”

 

“It really freaked me out so I reached out to Shouta, and… and we got to the decision maybe we should try therapy together since we were close friends with the person. It helped a lot, too.”

 

Izuku shakes, but it’s because of his own tears escaping from their overflowing bucket. “Does… Does it ever stop hurting?”

 

Yamada smiles, but not in a happy way. “I don’t think you’ll ever make the pain stop, but it will definitely make it hurt less. Let you find ways to cope better, and to understand things better.”

 

Izuku sniffles… “I’m afraid… I don’t like adults… Not a lot of people are willing to look past being quirkless.” Aizawa touches the kid’s shoulder gently in an attempt to soothe him. “We have a friend. Hound Dog. Ever heard of him?” Izuku nods. “We can recommend him to you if you want to try. But… If you still don’t want to, we’re not allowed to force you.”

 

Izuku gives himself a few more moments to himself before reaching his decision.

 

“Please… help me move forward.”

Notes:

Okay so after the second chapter I actually had no idea what to do next, but thanks to someone's comment I had a headstart. I have a plot, just not a timeline, so I might need some help from you guys every now and then. (I want this at a nice pace because there are a lot of fics that take so much time to progress)

AND! I might need a co-writer, if not then a beta, someone who's willing to talk therapy because it's practically a foreign word where I'm from and I have no idea how it works (I need some myself but it's expensive-)

So if you're up for some writing, just put your discord down! This is like a first come first serve kind of thing so if you're commenting, you better be sure you can match this quality of work. I'm not bragging, I'm pretty average at writing compared to works like Canary, etc., buuut I need someone that knows how to pace themselves, because I need help in that area, too!

If no one's up for it, I can figure it out on my own by reading a few angsty ones here and there, but the next update could take a while by then

Chapter 4

Summary:

Well, this is pretty much just Izuku trying out therapy

Notes:

There was a mention of suicide here, be careful of that, a panic attack, an anxiety attack, and Bakugou being Bakugou

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

Enter Bakugou Katsuki, sulking in his room while doing their assigned homework.

 

What if he’s gone because of you?

 

Shut up, the nerd wouldn’t fucking dare it.

 

But what if he did? Then you technically killed him.

 

Katsuki groaned in rage and repeatedly ruffled his own head in hopes of ridding himself of the stupid voice that came and went everytime he finds peace and quiet.

 

“Hey, son. Are you doing alright?” The fuck? Did he forget to lock the door or some shit? Katsuki huffs. “Stupid homework making me angry.” Katsuki crumples it and throws it in the bin.

 

Masaru smiles softly, “Well, dinner’s ready. Come down if you want to eat.” Katsuki waits until Masaru is out the door before letting out screams of unbridled rage and continuously shouting “SHUT UP!” all the while beating his pillow up.

 

Once he finishes, he heaves and pants at the amount of energy he released all at once, silently thinking to himself,

 

What the fuck am I gonna do if he jumped?


Izuku clutches his father’s arm like a lifeline as the family of four walk towards U.A. “Izuku, how are you doing?” Izuku releases some pressure on his father’s arm. “I… Anxious, I guess… Nothing new.” Hisashi smiles small, “That’s okay. We don’t expect you to take this well. This is something new after all.” Izuku… feels himself relax ever so slightly, and even Mikumo takes his other hand just to calm him down. “Thanks, Kumo.” Mikumo blushes and his grip tightens just a little.

 

Once they’ve reached the area, Izuku sees Present Mic waiting by the entrance. The blond sees them as well and he waves brightly. “Heyo! It’s the Midoriya family! How have you guys been?” Hisashi smiles, “Fine, thank you.” Present Mic crouches to Izuku’s level. “And you, Little Listener?” Izuku blinks and shies away. “Um… Not as nervous, I guess…” Present Mic grins. “Well! That’s a good attitude! You have a good head on your shoulders, huh?” Izuku averts his gaze.

 

Present Mic leads them to the empty classroom, and Aizawa pops in. “Good morning.” “Good morning, Aizawa-san.” Greeted Inko. Aizawa nods. “Midoriya-kun, would you like some time to yourself first or would you like to proceed with Hound Dog?” Izuku looks at Aizawa with slightly wide eyes, “Wouldn’t it be rude to not show up on time?” Aizawa shrugs, “Not really. Hound Dog knows you’re new to this so he understands. And even then, he doesn’t have a lot of things to do at the moment. What do you say?” Izuku rubs his arm. “I… I don’t think I’ll do this if I don’t do it now.” Present Mic gives a welcoming smile, “There’s no pressure here, Midoriya-kun. We’ll do what you want to do.” Izuku looks at the people around him, and thinks…


Aizawa and Izuku stop in front of Hound Dog’s office. “Remember, if you ever want to stop, you can press this button and the light at the back of Hound Dog’s office will light up and it will signal you to stop.” Izuku nods. “Okay. We’re just nearby, okay? You can do this.” Izuku silently thanks the man, and he anxiously awaits his fate.


Inui Ryo. Hero name: Hound Dog. Rather known for his aggressive nature, but in all honesty, he’s more than capable of being the school’s counselor, and he doubles it as head of security. And now, he’s about to talk with another person for his counseling skills.

 

The door creaks and the bell above it rings. It makes Inui look up from his documents. He shoves it all in a drawer at the moment Izuku walks into his line of sight. “You must be the one Aizawa and Yamada have been talking about. Nice to meet you.” He gruffs out. The kid in front seemed so small, Inui takes mental notes to make those responsible to suffer. “N-Nice t-t-to meet you-u too…” Inui blinks. “Ah, I must not look too friendly with all this.” Inui gestures to himself. “I-I-I know… It’s p-part of y-your costume, r-right?”  Inui gruffs and nods.

 

“My name is Inui Ryo, a.k.a Hound Dog. Call me what’s comfortable.” “I-Inui-san, then. M-My name’s Midoriya I-Izuku.” “Okay, Midoriya Izuku. What would you like me to call you?” Izuku fidgets in place. “I-Izuku’s fine.” “Izuku-kun.” Inui nods. “Alright, take a seat, lay down, whatever makes you feel comfortable.” Izuku hesitantly takes a seat by the window, and Inui lets him take in the atmosphere for now.

 

“Okay, Izuku-kun, I want to tell you this right now that we have confidentiality. Whatever you say in this room, stays in this room. However, there are several instances when we have to breach it. I want you to understand that, okay?” Izuku nods. “Good. Those include detailed expected suicidal attempts, self-harm, harm to the client, and stuff like that. Of course, with your consent, I’ll share things you want to share to people outside this session. Do you understand?” Izuku nods again.

 

“Wonderful. How about just basic questions first? I’ll start. What’s your…”

 

And their time was spent a bit on learning trivial things like favorite colors, subjects, etc.

 

“Okay, now that we’re finished with that, could you tell me what comes to mind when you hear the word therapy?” Izuku blinks and fidgets in place. “I… I’m not sure… Probably helping? And changing people?” Inui nods. “We do help people, and to some extent, change terrible behaviors like addiction and stuff like those. You have a good understanding on therapy. Most people think it’s just bullshit that people try to change you. If we did, do you know what it would be?” Izuku looks him in the eye, “M… Manipulation?” Inui nods. “Correct. If we shape them to how we want them to be, it’s blatant manipulation, not therapy. Therapy helps people. And that’s what I want to do with you.”

 

Izuku… Izuku doesn’t completely grasp the idea of help and therapy just yet but… Inui has yet to betray his trust so… it’s fine… so far, at least.

 

“Well, our time’s almost up. Do you want to continue these sessions with me?” Izuku contemplates things in his life and… well, forty-five minutes with Inui isn’t that bad. “I… Sure.” Inui nods. “Okay. I can’t guarantee it’ll be smooth-sailing from here because I don’t have a future-vision quirk, nor am I a deity, but I do promise I’ll help you to the best of my abilities. You have my word, Izuku-kun.” Izuku nods, and Inui allows him to exit.

 

“Ah, three more things.” Izuku looks back. “This is my number if you ever want to talk suddenly. You’ll know if I’m available or not because I preface it by sending an A or N/A. I also want you to make a list of your triggers. Things that could potentially throw you into a panic attack. And, well, take this as a little assignment. Why do you think Aizawa and Yamada told you to ‘move forward’ instead of move on? That’s all.” Izuku blinks and processes the information, and he makes his way back to his family.


Izuku opens the room to the empty classroom from earlier and he saw Present Mic interacting with his little brother, and Aizawa with his parents.


“Oh! Izuku, you’re back!” Announced Inko. Izuku waved shyly and they waited for him to settle in. Present Mic smiles. “Sooo? How was it?” Izuku rubbed his arm. “I… Inui-san was really nice… I want to see where this goes.” Present Mic beams. “That’s great, Midoriya-kun!” Aizawa nods. “It’s good you’re willing to continue. I’m sure Hound Dog is pleased with that decision.” Izuku nods. He wants to know what the future will bring.


The following day had Izuku breaking in cold sweat. He contacted Inui-san on what to do since he’s anxious.

 

“Okay, do you have a balcony or something? Get some fresh air?” Izuku affirms and he steps outside. “Okay take deep breaths, in for four, hold for four, out for four.” Izuku follows the instructions, and he feels his heartbeat start to calm down. “Okay. Can you describe me what you’re seeing right now?” Izuku sees the peaceful scenery of the buildings, and sometimes there’s the occasional mother or father doing the laundry. Some kids are even playing by the open area.

 

“That’s good. Okay. Can you go back inside and just lie down? Talk to me. What’s making you anxious?” Izuku lays down on his bed, which was barren of any decorations, and sighs loudly. “I… I’m afraid of going back to school. People still think I’m quirkless. I don’t know how they’ll react and… people bully me in school.” He hears Inui growl on the other side and he can’t help but flinch a little. “I’m sorry if I scared you, Izuku. That was not my intention. I’m furious at those kids.” Izuku looked forlorn. “You shouldn’t be. No one taught them right or wrong.” Inui sighs from the other line. “It doesn’t matter if they were taught right or wrong because they should know if it was right or wrong.” Izuku doesn’t get the concept.”

 

“I’m going to explain to you what they did in the bluntest way possible even a child will understand. They used their quirks to hurt you on purpose, Izuku-kun. Do you think that’s right?” Izuku… Izuku sighs. “No…” “Good. Then you realize it’s wrong?” “…Yeah.”

 

Inui gruffs. “That’s good to hear. Are you calmer now, Izuku-kun?” Izuku blinks and looks at himself and… wow, he is calmer. “I am. Thank you, Inui-san. I-I’m sorry if I bothered you or anything.” Inui snorts. “None of that. You’re fine. Do you have mint tea or chamomile tea? If you can heat some up, it’ll help you calm down.” Luckily enough, his mom is always a ball of anxiety so those two kinds are always stocked in their house. “Okay. Thanks again, Inui-san.”

 

“Lastly, Izuku-kun,” Izuku puts the phone back to his ear, “Yes?” “It’s okay if you’re not feeling okay, alright? No one will be angry at you for it.” Izuku takes a sharp inhale of breath. “Y-Yeah… okay.” With one last huff, Inui brings the phone down, and Izuku…

 

He feels slightly rejuvenated. Just a little bit, though.


Izuku… Well, he walks with his father to school and he’s honestly very excited to finally be pulled out of that fucking school.

 

Hisashi seemed to notice because he held Izuku closer and hummed.

 

As the father-and-son walked into school premises, people slowly started to look their way, and their eyes are widening. Izuku curls in on himself in Hisashi’s warm embrace. “Come on, kid. Let’s get you out of this school.” They speed walk into the administrator’s office, hopeful of getting away from this school.


“Okay, come on, cut the bullshit right there.” The principal stops in place. “Excuse me?” “I’m aware of the discrimination and the mistreatment that goes on in this school. I’m pulling my son out before you cause further damage.” “What are you saying, Midoriya-san?” “I’m saying that you’re losing a student, and if you’re not so lucky, I’m suing this school for discrimination, harassment, mistreatment, and all things possible.” Hisashi looks over to Izuku with eyes that conveyed permission, and Izuku nods. “My son attempted suicide, Kageuchi-san. Not like you’ll know because of your blatant classism in this pathetic excuse of an establishment.”

 

Kageuchi went red at the words. “And don’t even think about refuting those claims. I have contacts to pros, you dirty little bastard. If you even think about tampering with video evidence, I swear to everything heroic out there that you will regret even breathing the wrong way. Now where is the fucking paperwork so I can pull my son out of this institution?”


Hisashi and Izuku walk home with ice cream in hand. “Well! That went better than I thought it would!” Izuku hums. “Yeah… How am I going to continue my schooling, though?” “Hm? Oh, Inko and I switched you to online courses. Aizawa-san pitched the idea in.” Izuku stared at his father in surprise. “Oh? He did?” His father nods. “Oh… That’s nice of him.” “He is, isn’t he? Enough about him, though. Are you looking forward to your session with Hound Dog?”

 

Izuku nods, actually. “Y-Yeah. H-He’s nice.” Hisashi smiles. “Oh? Tell me about him.” Izuku went on a silent tangent as he describes his… well, since they’re not doing anything related to therapy at the moment, he’ll think of Inui-san as a respectable person. He hasn’t said anything about Izuku being previously quirkless, but then again…

 

Izuku never really told him.


“Welcome back, Izuku-kun.” “Pardon my intrusion…” he hesitantly said. Izuku reached Inui’s desk and submitted a small piece of paper in. “T-That contains m-my triggers… I only m-managed to think of a f-few… Sorry.” Inui shakes his head. “Don’t apologize. It’s great you managed to think of something. Could you tell me what they are?” Izuku fidgets, “I… I d-don’t like t-to talk about it w-without consent… or being called Deku… or loud n-noises that I-I don’t anticip-pate.” Inui nods. “Thank you for telling me, Izuku-kun. I wanted to ask how you are. Ever since the phone call, I mean. Izuku sits down on his previous seat. “I… I’ve been well, actually. Not happy or anything but… this is better than my usual.” “I’m glad to hear it. Have you thought about you assignment of sorts?” Izuku nods. “Have you reached a conclusion?” Izuku… sheepishly nods.

 

“Could you tell me what did you reach?”

 

Izuku bites his lip, a bit apprehensive. “Um… Is it really okay?” “Of course. What happens in this room, stays in this room, remember?” Izuku relaxes a bit. “Um… I think they told me to move forward because… because it doesn’t go away?” Inui urges him to continue. “Moving forward means you… you take measures, right? Th-That you use so you could h-handle something?” Inui nods. “That’s a great answer, Izuku-kun. You’re pretty clever.” Izuku blushes and looks down. “I-It’s not that great… Anyone could’ve answered that question.” Hm… self-esteem issues. Inui notes to himself. “Well, I’m not talking to anyone else. I’m talking to you, and you answered that.” Izuku’s eyes watered. “Oh… T-Thanks, Inui-san.” Inui nods. “So, anything else you’d like to talk about?”

 

Izuku rubs his head… “I… It’s been bugging me, this one.” “Oh? Could I ask what it is?” Izuku squirms in his seat, but… might as well get it over with. “I want to know… w-why are you being so nice?” Inui’s brows furrowed. “I’m afraid I don’t understand.” “Y-You know… I-If Aizawa-san t-told you about m-me… Then… Then do you know about my quirk?” Inui shakes his head. “No, Aizawa only told me he found someone that needed help, and it turned out I was qualified to help.” “I… I was quirkless, Inui-san… I-I only got this stupid resurrection quirk when… when…” Izuku starts to hyperventilate, and Inui steps into action. “Breathe with me, Izuku-kun.” Izuku starts to copy the man’s breathing, and his vision is a lot less blurry. “Okay, we’re going to try something, okay? Can you name me five things you can see…?” and it went on ahead from what he could feel, hear, smell, and taste.

 

“Alright, that’s it… Are you feeling better now?” Izuku nods shakily. Inui sits beside him. “May I touch you?” he asks. Inui pulls the boy into a side hug gently. “I’m grateful you told me about what was bothering you. I’m sure it was hard.” Izuku leans into the touch. “I’m here to help you, Izuku. Please remember that. But also, please remember you’re not alone. You’re never alone, and that there will always be people for you. We’ll be with you every step of the way.”

 

Izuku’s struggling to keep his personal waterfalls from leaking, but the next words from Inui got the dams breaking. “And I don’t care if you’re quirkless or not, Izuku-kin. It doesn’t matter, and it shouldn’t matter. Whoever gave you the idea that your worth was directly tied to your quirk is a fucking moron and should not be trusted. Understand, Izuku-kun?” Izuku lets out angry, loud sobs that wreck his body, and Hound Dog’s thinking about how he’s going to give consequences to those responsible.


A few days after the fact, Aizawa and Yamada kept coming back to their house. Izuku doesn’t know why, but… he has to admit, Hound Dog, Eraserhead, Present Mic? They… They’ve been more present in Izuku’s life than any other authority figure bar his parents. His… They’re starting to be his new favorite heroes. He’s never going to say this out loud but… he enjoyed the presence of these people. They’re… They’re kind. They’ve been nothing but kind to him. How on Earth could he not like these people?

(LINE BREAK)

Izuku has been continuing his sessions with Inui-san and it’s been doing wonders. He can hold conversations with adults, his mom has been slowly gaining her way into his life, Hisashi and Mikumo found their way to his heart, and even Aizawa and Yamada became good family friends of theirs!

 

Still… everyone has their bad days every now and then, but…

 

“YOU THINK YOU’RE BETTER THAN ME, YOU WORTHLESS SHITTY DEKU!?”

 

Just block him out, Izuku… you can do this…

 

“Pulling out of class and thinking you’re hot shit!? Guess what! You’ll never be more than be a stupid-”s-stop… “-fucking-” n-n-no… “-Deku!”

 

Katsuki raises his hands in an attempt to “put the nerd in his place”, but then out of nowhere a long piece of cloth found its way to Bakugou’s wrist and tied firmly to his chest, and the sparks have died down. Katsuki’s eyes widened at the sudden movement, and he traces the piece of cloth and saw…

 

He saw Izuku struggling to breathe and what seemed like a blond man with a bun trying to keep Izuku from hurting himself, and another man with a glare of a thousand men.

 

Bakugou Katsuki is brave… but this is the first time in his life he’s felt like he is the prey.

 

Red, glowing, angry eyes stared back at panicked red ones, and Bakugou knows…

 

He knows he’s not getting out of this one.

 

“So you’re the stupid Bakugou kid Hisashi’s told me about…” if it’s possible, the grip of the binding cloth tightened around the boy.

 

“I think it’s time we finally had a long, overdue chat.”

 

…Bakugou gulps, and he feels like the predator has already sunk its teeth in.

Notes:

I wanna take this part of the notes to thank my beta!! They've been helping me throw ideas around and stuff like that! They've been very helpful!

Chapter 5

Summary:

“Listen well, Bakugou. You have one chance to make me change my mind to give you a lesser sentence for what you were attempting to do. Go.” Katsuki narrowed his eyes at the man before him and scoffed, “Shitty Deku was in my way—” “And you managed to fuck it up with the first
two words that came out of your mouth.” “Bakugou-san,” Aizawa looked at the both of them and flashed his ID. “Under pro-hero Eraserhead, I am legally allowed to take action on your son for attempted assault. If I choose to, this will go on his permanent records and blacklist him from every hero school out there.”

Notes:

Yow! I promised a Friday/Saturday/Sunday update so, here I am!

Share with your friends if you want!

Anyway, thanks to my beta for letting me run down ideas and for reading beforehand!

TW areee talk of suicide, mention of panic attack, and Bakugou

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

Mitsuki Bakugou, the striking and confusingly the easily mistaken carbon copy of her son, Katsuki Bakugou.

 

She thought her morning was going undeniably amazing. Her son was being less of a brat than usual, her morning was struck with great news, there was a villain attack nearby but the villain was subdued almost instantly, and her coffee is great as fuck!

 

So forgive her for trying to grasp the situation of two pro-heroes, yes the legit ones with license and all, are at her doorstep with Izuku behind the blond one and her son being held captive by a binding cloth. “What’s happening here?!” She asked loudly. She isn’t mad, just loud. Like Hizashi. “Bakugou-san, we’ve caught your son here in the middle of attempted assault. If it weren’t for us getting there on time, Izuku would’ve suffered something worse than a panic attack.”

 

Now don’t get Mitsuki wrong, she can be brash and loud and harmful, but the fact that these men came here with her son, glaring forcefully at them, and accused him of attempted assault?

 

…She looks back on all of Katsuki’s brash behavior, and honestly?

 

She wouldn’t put it past him.

 

“Please, come in.” Mitsuki ushered them inside. Katsuki’s eyes widened at the fact the old hag just easily ushered them in.


Aizawa dragged Katsuki with him and set him on the couch, just in time for Masaru to come down from the stairs with a confused look. “Mitsuki? What’s happening?” Mitsuki looks over to her husband, “These people say that Katsuki was caught in the middle of attempted assault.” Masaru’s eyes widened, “Is Katsuki okay?” Mitsuki sighs. “Yeah, the thing is…” He looks at the terrified form of Izuku behind the blond man. “ Katsuki  was the one responsible for assault.”

 

Masaru’s face pales, and he drops whatever he’s doing to listen to them.

 

“Listen well, Bakugou. You have  one  chance to make me change my mind to give you a lesser sentence for what you were attempting to do. Go.” Katsuki narrowed his eyes at the man before him and scoffed, “Shitty Deku was in my way—” “And you managed to fuck it up with the first two words that came out of your mouth.” “Bakugou-san,” Aizawa looked at the both of them and flashed his ID. “Under pro-hero Eraserhead, I am legally allowed to take action on your son for attempted assault. If I choose to, this will go on his permanent records and blacklist him from every hero school out there.”

 

Katsuki’s indignant shout was ignored while Mitsuki and Masaru’s eyes widened. “W-What? But…” “But nothing. Izuku—” “You fucking Deku—!” Aizawa wrapped his capture weapon around Katsuki and glared, surprising Mitsuki and Masaru. They knew Katsuki was abrasive but… but not  hostile !

 

“His name is  Izuku . You’re either to call him by his family name or his given name. If even that horrible slur is to come out of your mouth, you are  not  going to like the consequences.” Katsuki begrudgingly sits back down, and Masaru couldn’t help but stare. Mitsuki took charge. “Eraserhead-san, what is your idea of punishment?” Eraserhead stares straight in her eye. “As I’ve said, I would have him blacklisted amongst all hero schools out there.” “YOU CAN’T DO THAT!” “Katsuki, enough!” Masaru slammed his fist on the table and it caused everyone to look at him, except for Izuku who flinched. “I’m sorry for startling you, Izuku-kun, but Katsuki, the situation is  not  in your favor. So… stop.” Katsuki stared with wide eyes at his father, the father with infinite patience and never raised his voice at him… He snapped.

 

Eraserhead cleared his throat to gather their attention back. “Of course, that’s the consequence he would be facing if it were up to me. For some reason, Izuku would hate for you to miss your chance on being a hero. I don’t know if it’s because he’s incapable of feeling anger or if that was  your  doing.” Aizawa turns to Yamada and signed something. Yamada whispered something to Izuku’s ear, and Izuku, after a few quiet seconds, nods.

 

“But know this, Bakugou, your actions are downright  criminal . Let me make it clear that you are  instrumental  in instigating suicide. Remember the time Izuku wasn’t in school? He was in the  hospital  recovering from his attempted, and very much successful suicide.”

 

“The only reason Izuku is standing in front of you right now, is because the amount of stress levels Katsuki gave him in his lifetime stockpiled so bad that quirk genes activated, Bakugou. So, you were right. Technically speaking, Izuku  did  gain a quirk in his next life. Congratulations.”

 

Mitsuki didn’t know the moment her hands flew to her mouth and how Masaru was trembling beside her, but she does remember the moment Katsuki’s entire form went stiff that it seemed like he wasn’t moving.

 

“So this is your punishment, Bakuogu. You  will  be blacklisted for any other school other than U.A. You  will  go to U.A and pass the entrance exam for heroics, and you’re going to be part of my homeroom.” Katsuki glared all of a sudden and retorted, “The government won’t allow that.” Eraserhead shrugged. “You do what you want. If you don’t attend U.A you’ll be sent to juvenile prison.” “The principal of U.A—” “—is very much acquainted with  abusive situations  like yours. The moment this gets out to him, you might not have a future at  all , Bakugou. Do you understand? If word gets to him, then he’ll be the first one to make sure you wouldn’t have a future as a hero. This? This is the  lightest sentence  you can get. So it’s either you take it with you, or you go with the alternative. Your choice.”

 

Once the family of three quietly processed the pieces of information in front of them, Aizawa thought it was time to leave.

 

“Wait!” Before the three of them could leave, he saw Mitsuki and Masaru bowing deeply. “Izuku-kun, we want to apologize for letting Katsuki do this to you. We’re sorry we let it get this far…”

 

Aizawa was about to go ahead and leave when Izuku spoke. “Auntie Mitsuki… Uncle Masaru…” said people raised their heads. “I don’t want apologies anymore… just do better next time.” Mitsuki nodded. “Of course. We’ll do better.” Izuku nodded weakly and he let Yamada drag him back to their car.

 

Once the three of them leave, Masaru stared at Katsuki with a strong expression and Mitsuki with a crestfallen one. “What on Earth are we going to do with you, Katsuki?”

 

…Katsuki hasn’t felt this much pressure in his life before.


Izuku sits back with Hizashi in the back of the car while Aizawa drives. “How are you holding up, Izuku?” Izuku shrugs his shoulders while he lets his Uncle Yamada ruffle his hair. “Could be worse, I guess.” Aizawa hums, and the rest of the drive was uneventful.

 

As usual, Aizawa knocked on Inko’s doorstep and they let them in. “Izuku, go with Mikumo to your room. We’ll talk to your mother about earlier.” Izuku nods and invites Mikumo with him to his room.

 

“Aizawa-kun? Something happened?” Aizawa grunted and motioned his husband to speak for him. “We… We got in contact with Bakugou-kun in the middle of attempting to harm Izuku.” Inko gasped, and it wasn’t a soft one. “Shouta stopped him before he could hurt the little listener, but… Inko-san, he was so  terrified  he was panicking… I’ve never seen the little listener so… so  distraught  his entire life!” Inko clenched both of her hands at the thought of her baby being hurt  again … and he was doing so well, too…

 

“We talked to Bakugou and his parents, let them know the alternative for the kid. I’m pretty sure he won’t make any horrible advances on Izuku any time soon.” Inko sighed in relief. “Thank you both…. Thank you for being with my baby.” Aizawa nodded and Yamada grinned. “Our pleasure, Inko-san. Izuku’s a delight, and Mikumo’s always so happy to see us!”


Izuku dreaded the following day. He’ll have to tell Inui what happened from yesterday, and he is in no way prepared for that to happen. But, he supposes, Inui has been nothing but good for him the past two months. He guesses he can trust him with this. He just needs to figure out how to tell him without making him mad at Ka… Bakugou.

 

He knocks gently and waits for Inui’s signal to enter, and enter he does.

 

“Good morning, Izuku-kun.” Izuku responds with a good morning with his own. “So, how is everything so far?” Izuku… fidgets. Inui looks at the gesture and sees that Izuku may have relapsed badly that he returned to that kind of mannerism. “I… I had a panic attack yesterday.” Inui’s eyes widened, but only a small fraction so he wouldn’t scare the child in front of him. “Is that so? What happened?” Izuku sighs and sinks into the couch. “Bakugou… I’ve told you about him, right?” Inui nods. “He… He called me Deku again… pretty loudly, too.”

 

Inui growls inwardly. “What happened? Are you okay?” Izuku nods. “Uncle Aizawa and Uncle Yamada got there in time. Uncle Aizawa stopped Bakugou before he could hurt me and Uncle Yamada brought me down.” Inui hums. “They… They talked to Bakugou and his parents. Told them about the consequences.” “That’s good that they finally got the chance to speak with them. But how about you?” Izuku sighs. “Honestly? I… I’m fine with the thing yesterday but…” Inui patiently waits for Izuku to continue.

 

“Seeing Uncle Aizawa talk about Bakugou’s future made me wonder about mine.” Inui blinks. That was a different turn of events than he was anticipating.

 

“Is that so?” Izuku nods. “Can I ask what did you want to be?” Izuku sighs woefully. “I… I wanted to be a hero.” Inui can’t say he’s surprised. A lot of kids wanted to be heroes. “But… being quirkless ruined it for me. Being a hero, I mean.” Inui frowns. “What do you mean?” “I… I know this isn’t the truth of heroics but… from a young age, I was always fed the ideology that heroes need these powerful, flashy quirks to survive… Having Bakugou being a constant in my life was worse because they always compared me to him… It didn’t help that he was arrogant, too.”

 

Inui frowned. He expected that being quirkless was Izuku’s label for years that it affected his life so bad, but not to the point where it ruined his dreams, too.

 

“It… It didn’t h-help wh-en…” Izuku’s breathing started to shudder. Anyone could tell that he was struggling not to cry. Inui got up from his chair and sat down in front of him. “It’s okay. Take your time.”

 

Izuku’s breathing quickened and he got it out. “It d-didn’t he-elp when… When A-All M-Might told m-e tha-t… i-it’s good to… to have d-dreams but… I needed to be re-ealistic…”

 

At that moment, Inui wanted nothing but to wrangle the number one hero and make him beg on his knees for forgiveness from this child that he himself helped broke. “I… You know he’s wrong, don’t you?” said Inui. “I k-know he’s w-wrong… but… I just… he helped ruin th-things for me… I don‘t k-know what to d-d-do…” Inui waits for a moment before asking if he could touch Izuku. Izuku, being the tactile person that he is, nodded gingerly and he sank into the touch, and he couldn’t help but bawl his eyes out.


Izuku gathered himself together, and he faces Inui again. “Izuku-kun,” the teen looked over to Inui. “Do you want me to tell this to your parents?” Izuku furrowed his brows. On one hand, his parents could help him find an alternative but on the other hand, he’s not really sure he wants to know. “I… maybe? I’m… I don’t know. I want them to help but… I’m scared…” Inui pats his head. “You don’t worry about your parents. They’re trying so hard, and they’ve been trying ever since. All you need is to let them in little by little. Can you do that?” Izuku… Izuku sighs. “Okay… You can tell them.” Inui gruffs. “That’s great, Izuku-kun. You’re a very brave kid.” Izuku flushes slightly under the praise, but he doesn’t refute it in any way.


Inko and Hisashi reach the news not long after, and they reserved their apologies and pity. They knew Izuku didn’t want it.

 

But truth be told, they don’t really know how to approach from here. They used to be people that wanted to be heroes but they were too afraid to actually try it out. So, again, with Izuku’s consent, they asked their family friends.

 

“I… personally don’t know what to say because I did want to be a hero. I was just forced into teaching.” Aizawa said through the phone “Lucky for you though,” they all looked to Yamada, “I have a suggestion! This is a long shot, a really long one, but it’s better than nothing!” Hisashi inquires on his idea. “What do you have, Yamada-kun?” “Well, I have Put Your Hands Up Entertainment, right? PYHUE for short. I fund this sing-and-dance training center! Most kids there are just for having to boost their self-esteem, but maybe you could try it out!”

 

They all look at Izuku who squirmed in his seat at the possibility of being exposed to people his age or maybe older or younger even. “I don’t know…” Yamada smiles, “I won’t force you if you really don’t want to, but I’d love it if you could watch it. Maybe it’ll change your mind. In any case, they’re good entertainment! What do you say?”

 

Izuku looked around at the people beside him. The voice of Inui rang around in his head.

 

All you need is to let them in little by little .

 

“I… S-Sure?” Yamada blinks at the answer, clearly not expecting it, then breaks into a large grin. “Awesome! Inko-san, Hisashi-san, when are you free? We can take Izuku-kun and Mikumo-kun there!” Hisashi smiles, “We’re usually free every Saturday and Sunday, but Sunday is usually day our lazy day. How about Saturday after lunch? You could have lunch here.” Yamada nods. “Sweet! Thanks, Hisashi-san!”

 

Hisashi shakes his head. “I should be thanking you two, Aizawa-kun, Yamada-kun. You’ve done so much for us in the past two months. We didn’t even expect you to stay.” Yamada bashfully swats his hand around. “Aww, it’s nothing, Hisashi-san! We couldn’t exactly leave these two sunshine babies behind!” He ruffles the Midoriya brothers’ hair, and, well,

 

He doesn’t regret staying for them. Both him and Aizawa.


If any of you guessed that Izuku is anxious about the fact that he has to go outside and see and be with people his age, more or less, then you are absolutely right. His experience with being a kid was never the best there is, and now he’s just suddenly being thrown into it again.

 

He thinks it’s a good thing, don’t get him wrong, he just thinks it’s overwhelming. But then again…

 

If he’s never going to get it over with, it will forever be overwhelming.

 

So, he latches onto Yamada’s arm, who gives him a comforting squeeze back, and they enter the practice room for the trainees.

 

Once they enter the practice room, Izuku could clearly see that people left and right were either dancing to different music, working out, or just conversing with each other.  Huh, is this how people my age usually act?

 

Someone walked towards them, and Izuku took an instinctual step backwards to hide behind Present Mic.

 

“Ah, Present Mic! We didn’t expect you’d drop by!” said by Kujou, the sing-and-dance instructor. “Well, I just dropped by to give a favor to this little listener!” Kujou looked behind him and saw Izuku behind Present Mic. “Aww, he’s adorable!” Izuku couldn’t stifle the squeak out of him. Present Mic ruffles his hair. “He’s not here to join. He’s just here to see if it’ll be nice to join.” Kujou mimes an “ah” motion and beckons for them to just sit down and wait for any form of instruction.

 

Izuku sits down by the side with his mom and his brother, quietly observing how the class takes the lessons. “Okay!” Izuku looked over at the woman, Kujou, and saw how everyone immediately paid attention. “For today, we have guests that we invited to teach you their choreography. We wanted to see you progress to different types of styles so you won’t go stagnant and just stick with it. It’s good to find something you’re good at, but it’s better to have an arsenal of sorts.” Kujou welcomes the incoming dancers Izuku knows absolutely  nothing  about. “So, how about a little performance first?” The class cheers, and the three dancers up front are more than willing to oblige.

( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLsqawB5vQs )

Izuku’s curiosity at her fluid movements that seemed to be paired with being powerful bursts every now and then. Izuku was mesmerized, but he didn’t know it. Not yet.

 

“Okay! Thank you so much for agreeing to come and teach them!” The girl, their center, laughed. “No problem! Okay, how about we gather around and we go ahead and start?” Everyone cheers and they went to work.


For the past few minutes, Izuku’s been watching kids and teens dancing around, trying to get the perfect choreography right.

 

His mom dozed off and he’s  pretty  sure Mikumo’s in a trance, but…

 

He’s slowly been memorizing the choreo in his head. It intrigued him, so what?

 

A few moments later he saw someone approaching. Someone very familiar.

 

“Hi… are you… the boy from the hospital?” Izuku blinks and takes in the very familiar strands of pink hair in comfortable clothing. “I… Y-Yeah, I am.” The teen sits beside him, and he smiles welcomingly, and Izuku converses with him. “H… Hanamura-kun, right?” chuckles lightly. “I’m surprised you remember! With how much you went through… Ah! Sorry! I-Is it okay to talk about?” Izuku blinks, but he’s okay. “I… You’re nice. It’s okay.” Hamamura blushes bashfully. “Aww, thanks! You’re plenty nice too, by the way.” Izuku couldn’t stop the blush forming on his face, so he nods.

 

“Can I ask what brings you here?” Midoriya nods. “I… I’m looking for possible career paths? Yam… Present Mic suggested it to me.” Hanamura blinks. “Whoa, really? Present Mic scouted you personally? That’s so cool , Midoriya-kun!” Midoriya rubs his head. “A-Ah, it’s nothing special. I’m not sure I even want to do this in the first place.” Hanamura smiles patiently. “Well, I really shouldn’t influence your decision but… ever since I started here, it’s been nothing but pure dancing and singing, but it’s really amazing here!” Midoriya… managed a small smile in return. “Yeah, I could see how you guys were enjoying it.”

 

“Okay, gather around! We’re about to start filming for this day’s dance!”

 

Hanamura jumps to his feet. “Ah, seems like we’re about to work. You just watch! I promise joining will be worth it!”

 

Midoriya watches how Hanamura rushes to the group of people, and he’s pretty excited to see what’s about to happen. (Okay just play the earlier link but skip the first part)


By the third group of dancers, Izuku’s been unknowingly, not surprisingly, slowly moving with the dancers up front, but it’s very subtle. 

 

“Izu-nii, you’re humming.” Izuku stops in place and stares at Mikumo. “You have a pretty voice…” Mikumo says neatly. Inko giggles. “You were dancing a bit, too.” Izuku flushes at being found out (but then again he wasn’t aware).

 

“I heard you with that Hanamura boy earlier. He was nice.” Izuku looks over at Hanamura who was currently performing with two others. He nods subtly. “Yeah… he is.”

 

Inko smiles, “So… what do you think so far, Izuku?” Izuku looks around the studio and feels the positive, uplifting atmosphere, and he looked at his first possible friend that would never blow him up.

 

“I… I might… try?”

 

Inko beams positively and ruffles his hair gently. “Well, let’s go tell your Uncle Yamada, yes?”

 

Needless to say, this is definitely Izuku’s newest milestone.

Notes:

Lemme know what you think!

Chapter 6

Summary:

After the hefty ten minute vocal exercise, Nakata grinned like the proud coach she is. “That’s it, babies. Now, we have a few more minutes for our first session, what do you wanna do?” Hanamura smiles, “I’ve been meaning to get this song right but I just couldn’t find the proper way how to execute it.” Nakata faces Hanamura, “What song is it?” “Part of your World.” Nakata smiles, “Okay, then that’s what we’re gonna be working on! You’re welcome to come join us, Midoriya-kun!”

 

Midoriya sheepishly rubbed his neck and a light dust of pink covered his face, but he asked, “Is it really okay?” Nakata smiled, “Of course! That’s the entire point of this program, hun. Okay! Take your place beside Hanamura-kun, and let’s go!”

Notes:

First of all thank you all to my wonderful betas they were very helpful, especially my second one because I have no experience with therapy whatsoever!

Anyway, Nakata and Yoshino! Yeah, new OCs! I have no links to them, tho

Read the end notes, please!

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

Izuku saw Hanamura approaching him and his family when they started to head in Yamada’s direction.

 

“Hey!” Izuku welcomed him with a small smile as a greeting. “Hi…” “So! What did you think?” Izuku squirmed a little, afraid of answering, so Mikumo spoke up. “Izu-nii was humming and dancing a little!” Izuku blushed full force and faced his brother. “Mikumo!” “What?” Hanamura chuckles to himself. “Is this your little brother?” Izuku’s blush remains on his face but he nods anyway. “Well I can see cuteness runs in the family!” Mikumo grins, “You’re nice! Are you Izu-nii’s friend?” Hanamura looked to himself and then Izuku.

 

“Well, I don’t really assume but I’d love it if we could be friends. You big brother is really nice!” Izuku flushes under the praise again.

 

“Izuku-kun!” Izuku looked over and was completely disoriented when Yamada started to shake him. “You really want to join?” Yamada asked excitedly. Izuku smiled, “I j-j-ust want to tr-try it o-once, Un-cle Yamada.” Yamada stopped shaking him for a clearer response. “I said I want to try at least once.”

 

Then, all of a sudden, Izuku’s eyes widened and he gasped. He looked at Hanamura beside him who was… beaming? “You’re related to Present Mic!?” Izuku shook his head, same with Yamada. “Nah, we’re just really close friends, Little Listener. I uh, I hope you won’t spread the word?” Hanamura nods. “Yes, sir!” Yamada chuckles. “No need for that, Hanamura-kun!” Hanamura blinked, “You know my name?” Yamada grins, “Of course! I keep track of all the kids that join here!” Hanamura nods.

 

“Well!” They faced Yamada, “I’ll bring over the paperwork for Izuku-kun! I’ll bring it over to your house later, Inko-san.” Inko nods in reply. “Thank you, Hizashi-kun.”

 

The family of three waved goodbye to Present Mic and Hanamura, and they went their merry way back home.


The following day, Izuku left in leggings and a long sleeved shirt, following Yamada’s advice. Izuku was reluctant to wear it because of how it seemed a bit too baggy for him at first, but over time, he got really comfortable in them.

 

He held onto Yamada’s arm until they reached the entrance. Yamada faced Izuku with a smile. “You nervous, Izuku-kun?” Izuku nods. Yamada smiles and ruffles his curls. “I’ll be here for your first day. You have nothing to fear! Besides, I’ve seen Hanamura-kun talking with you before. He’ll be by your side the entire time!” Izuku looks up, “Really?” Yamada nods.

 

“…Okay…” Yamada embraces Izuku lightly, “That’s the spirit!” Yamada pulls away and faces Izuku with a blinding grin. “I made sure there that introductions are optional, by the way. I’ll just announce that you’re new, and to make you feel welcome.” Izuku nods his silent gratitude and they enter the building together.


“Okay, we have someone new joining here today!” Yamada wrapped his arms around Izuku. “This is Midoriya Izuku! I scouted him like some of you. He’ll start today! Make sure he feels welcome!” Everyone waves and gives their warm smiles. Izuku could get used to this.

 

“Go ahead for your dance lessons! I’ll have Midoriya-kun here be acquainted with his first singing lesson!” Everyone starts to stand up and head on over, but then, “Oh, Hanamura-kun?” Hanamura looks to Yamada. “Yes, Yamada-san?” “Could you accompany me and Midoriya-kun for the day?” Hanamura smiles, “If it’s okay with him.” Yamada looks over to Midoriya who nods quietly. “Sure thing!”


As Yamada walks behind the two of them, Hanamura is barely keeping his shit together. Midoriya gives him a welcoming smile as a sign that he can ask away. “I’m so excited! I couldn’t sleep last night waiting!” Midoriya scratched his cheek. “Really? How come?” Hanamura smiled back, “You’re pretty cool, you know! Don’t sell yourself so short!” Midoriya’s eyes widened slightly. “You mean it?” Hanamura’s gaze softened and nudges him slightly. “Of course. What do you say we check out the singing lessons? If you’re new, you get a few one-on-one lessons and you work yourself up.” Hizashi writes it up in his head that he’s starting to really like this Hanamura kid! He’s good for Izuku.

 

Midoriya fidgets with the hem of his shirt. “Can you um… stay with me? You’re really nice…” Hanamura smiles. “Sure. Let’s go?” Izuku nods and he follows Hanamura throughout the hallways to a room labeled Nakata Gina.


The room itself was decorated to look like a set studio. Easy to decorate every now and then but still designed as a proper office.

 

“Good morning, Nakata-san.” Nakata looked up from her computer and saw Hanamura and a newbie walk in. “Oh! Good morning, Hanamura-kun, Yamada-san. Who’s this?”

 

 “This,” Yamada gestured to Midoriya, “is Midoriya Izuku! He just joined today!”

 

Nakata grinned, “Oh, you’re so adorable! Your cheeks are just so plump I could squish them all day!” Midoriya’s face quickly reddened and muttered a shy, unsure “thank you” under his breath. Nakata squealed, “Awww, he’s shy! Don’t worry, baby, we’re gonna crack that shell open soon!”

 

Yamada smiled, “I was hoping you could take it easy for him. He’s not used around people.” Nakata’s eyes widened subtly but nodded nonetheless.

 

“Okay, I don’t want to force you for your first day here, so how about you watch one round of Hanamura-kun first before you try?” Midoriya nods, easily agreeing to the terms.

 

“Hanamura-kun, in front of the piano, please!” Hanamura smiles and faces Nakata, who sits behind the piano. “Okay honey, let’s start with our warm-up! Lip trills~!” Instead of playing the piano, Nakata played a beat. (If you’re wondering how this goes, I like Cheryl Porter’s energy so, yep!)

 

Hanamura starts blowing with his lips on a pout, and he follows a rather steady tune. It kept increasing every time, but then Midoriya realized after reaching a certain range, it started to lower.

 

Every now and then, Nakata would say things like “Lip trills and,” or “Use your breath and,” right before another trill started. Hanamura is bouncing left and right, sort of like boxing.

 

“Keep it goinnn, there should be no tension in the throat, sweetheart.” Nakata was doing some dances, and Midoriya couldn’t help but feel at ease at her presence.

 

“Aaaaand that’s it! Great job, Hanamura-kun!” Hanamura smiles. “Thank you, Nakata-san.” “Alright, time for your water break.” Nakata faces Midoriya with a smile. “So? How about it, Midoriya-kun?” Midoriya looks over to Hanamura’s expectant face. “Could… Could I try?” Nakata beams, “Sure! Stand in front of the piano!”

 

Midoriya stands up right where Hanamura stood, and he tries to make him look small. Nakata shook her head. “That’s not gonna work, sweetie. Come on.” Nakata stood up and came over to Midoriya. “I noticed you flinch every now and then when someone raises a hand. May I?” Midoriya’s eyes widened, but he nodded nonetheless.

 

Nakata unwrapped Midoriya’s arms from himself and she traced her hands up his back, eliciting him to stand straight. “Okay, as much as you might want to, don’t wrap your hands around yourself and keep this posture, okay?” Midoriya nods. “And, when we start, always support your singing with your diaphragm.” Midoriya nods and Nakata goes back to her spot, and she plays the beat.


“Yeaaaah that’s it!” The end of the vocal warm-up had Midoriya panting a bit, but it also left him smiling. “You were a natural, baby!” Midoriya flushed under the praised but he ended up fidgeting and denying it. “Nuh uh.” Midoriya looked at Nakata who crossed her arms but kept her welcoming smile. “I don’t say things I don’t mean, Midoriya-kun. If I say you’re a natural, you’re a natural. Understood?” Midoriya couldn’t help but feel the contagious smile creep over his face. “Yes, Nakata-san.”

 

Nakata grinned. “A-ma-zing! Alright, quick water break, and then we’re moving to intonation, agility, and then resonance!”


After the hefty ten minute vocal exercise, Nakata grinned like the proud coach she is. “That’s it, babies. Now, we have a few more minutes for our first session, what do you wanna do?” Hanamura smiles, “I’ve been meaning to get this song right but I just couldn’t find the proper way how to execute it.” Nakata faces Hanamura, “What song is it?” “Part of your World.” Nakata smiles, “Okay, then that’s what we’re gonna be working on! You’re welcome to come join us, Midoriya-kun!”

 

Midoriya sheepishly rubbed his neck and a light dust of pink covered his face, but he asked, “Is it really okay?” Nakata smiled, “Of course! That’s the entire point of this program, hun. Okay! Take your place beside Hanamura-kun, and let’s go!”


“Aaaand that’s all for today, singers!” Hanamura smiled, happy with the results, and Midoriya couldn’t help but feel satisfied with himself. Nakata-san was very welcoming and encouraging, and he absolutely loved her energy.

 

“Alright, Midoriya-kun, Hanamura-kun, let’s get to your dance classes, yeah?” Hanamura stands up and he waits for Midoriya. “You’re gonna love dance class! I know it sounds pretty embarrassing, but I promise you, end results are going to be worth it!” Midoriya smiles at his enthusiasm, “If the end results are something like earlier, I think I can live past my dignity out the window.” Hanamura laughed at the small joke, and Yamada has been dancing inwardly, silently celebrating Izuku making friends!


“So, this is your dance class! You see him over there?” Yamada points to a rather slender looking man wearing baggy clothing. Probably just a few years off from university. “He’s your actual choreographer! The woman you saw yesterday was actually my show manager, but he’s your actual instructor! His name’s Yoshino Megumi.” Hanamura smiled, “He’s really friendly! Come on!”

 

Hanamura beckoned Midoriya to follow him, so he did. Hanamura rushed to Yoshino, who was fixing a few things, and jumped him from behind. “Yoshi-nii!” Yoshino was so disoriented, Midoriya worried that Hanamura might’ve been a bit much.


“Hanamura?” “Yep!”

 

Hanamura detached himself from Yoshino and he let the man turn around. “Why weren’t you around earlier?” Hanamura outstretched his hand to Midoriya, who entered both their spaces. “I was helping him around.”

 

“Hello… I’m Midoriya Izuku.” “Hi! I’m Yoshino Megumi, but most kids, if not everyone, call me Yoshi-nii!” Midoriya takes the hand in from of him and shakes it.

 

“What did you do earlier, Yoshi-nii?” “Well, we only reviewed your dance yesterday. I doubt you need to review the dance. You always archive all your dances in your head. Like a secondary quirk.”

 

Izuku tenses slightly, missed by the two new people in his lives, but it was completely obvious to Yamada.

 

“With Midoriya here however, we might have to teach it entirely.” Midoriya fidgets slightly, “I remember some parts of the dance yesterday. I-I was here to observe.” Yoshino grins, “That’s great! Could you show me the parts you remember?” Midoriya fidgets with the sleeve, clearly anxious with the idea of dancing in front of someone.

 

“If you don’t want to, it’s okay. We can get to know each other instead. You’ve only met Hanamura like, once?” “Thrice, actually.” “That. Do you want to try that instead?” Midoriya shook his head. “I promised U… Yamada-san that I’ll try it out… I’ll try to dance but um… Can I close my eyes?” “Oh, you were scouted. Sure, you can close your eyes if you want to.”

 

Midoriya stands up and opens HeroTube, and finds Sunflower.

 

“I um… I only ever remember the chorus…”

 

“That’s fine, Midoriya.” Hanamura smiles encouragingly.

 

Once the chorus starts to settle in, Midoriya takes small movements with what he remembers from yesterday. It was a lot of slow stops and sudden flashes, but he likes how both styles complemented each other so well so it doesn’t make it stale.

 

Unbeknownst to him, of course, Yamada had his phone ready every time Izuku does something during this session. He captured the way Izuku softly sang Part of your World, as if making it into a heartbroken piece, and now with his minimal movements with Sunflower, he knows to himself,

 

Izuku has talent for this.


As Midoriya finishes with the short dance, small applauses came from Hanamura and Yoshino. “Say, is this your first time dancing?” Midoriya nods shyly. “You’re good! For someone’s first time dancing, that was really good!” Midoriya flushes red and immediately denies it. “Nee, Midoriya-kun, remember what Nakata-san said?” Midoriya furrows his brows, “That she doesn’t say anything she doesn’t mean? What about it?”

 

Yoshino clears his throat, “That’s true, she doesn’t say anything she doesn’t mean, although…” Midoriya looks at Yoshino. “I think, that even if someone’s not doing a great job at something, that it’s best to encourage them anyway. Everyone needs their own support systems. Take the compliment and wear it proudly, just don’t let it get to your head.”

 

Midoriya keeps his head down, but he mumbles out a muffled thank you.

 

Yoshino smiled, “Come on, raise your head. Let’s just get to know each other. Let’s see… Oh! I’m twenty years old!” Midoriya’s eyes widened. “I look older than I am, right?” Midoriya nods, embarrassed at being called out. “I get that a lot!” Yoshino chuckles. “I actually quit college. It really wasn’t for me. Luckily enough, Yamada-san caught me sulking once and he gave me a chance! I get to teach kids to dance and to get fit!”

 

Midoriya tilts his head, “Get fit?”

 

Hanamura spoke, “He’s also our fitness instructor. His quirk gives a rundown on the subject’s body composition, endurance, things like those so he knows immediately what to work on.” Midoriya’s eyes get a slight sparkle. “That’s a pretty cool quirk. If he was a hero he could look at a villain and tell the battle-oriented heroes what to aim for…” “I know, right? But he chose to teach instead.”

 

Yoshino smirks, “This little dude,” he ruffles Hanamura’s hair, “has a pretty similar quirk. If he touches someone directly, he can voluntarily choose to have an entire rundown on their body if they’re sick or something.” Hanamura removes the hand from his hair. “He’s right. It’s a pretty useful quirk, but I’m not sure I even want to be a doctor in the first place.”

 

Midoriya smiles at both of them. “I think you’ll be great at what you want to be.” Hanamura beams, “Thanks!”

 

And if they didn’t comment on him sharing his quirk, well.

 

Let’s just say they’re people Izuku’s been needing, and they’re long overdue.


“And they kept saying nice things… It’s embarrassing so I tried to shake it off but they wouldn’t let me…”

 

Inui blinks. “They’re right. I think you should take the compliments.” Izuku plays with his sleeve and ducks. “I just…” Izuku doesn’t continue his sentence so Inui thought that would be a good point to take over.

 

“Do you want to talk about it?” Izuku avoids his gaze, “I don’t know… M-Maybe?”

 

“You know I won’t force you to do anything you don’t want to do, Izuku-kun.” Izuku sighs. “It’s just… You know about Bakugou, right?” Inui nods. “He was… He was just such a huge ass… I guess some of what he said stuck…” Inui stands up and crouches in front of Izuku. “Do you want a hug, Izuku-kun?” Izuku sniffs and nods, giving Inui the right signal. Inui hugs him gently and rubs his back. “I know healing from what he told you is going to take a while… But I promise you, you deserve those compliments you got from them. And you’re not going to get in trouble anymore. You’re under our protection now, Izuku-kun. Yamada-kun and Aizawa-kun are here for you.”

 

Izuku slowly calms down, and he separates from Inui.

 

“Well, before we end, do you have anything else you wanted to talk about?”

 

Izuku thinks for a moment, and then a small smile forms on his face. “Hanamura-kun and Yoshino-san are nice… They make me feel welcome.” Inui nods. “I hope so. Yamada-kun’s program doesn’t accept kids that aren’t even trying to be nice.” Izuku tilts his head, “How come?”

 

“You’ll have to ask him for a clearer answer, but maybe it’s because of his zero tolerance on unnecessarily rude people.” Izuku nods. Yeah, that’s probably it.


“Mom? Dad? Why are you guys smiling?” Inko looks up from her phone and looks at Izuku. “Your Uncle Yamada gave us a video! It’s you singing and dancing!”

 

Izuku’s face immediately shot a deep shade of red. “M-Mom!”


“Oh, don’t be like that, sweetheart! You sound amazing! Dance so wonderfully, too!”

 

The red on Izuku’s face doesn’t disappear, and Mikumo comes to him. “You sound nice, Izu-nii! Can you teach me to dance like you?”

 

Izuku smiles at his brother. “I’d probably fail at trying to teach you how to dance.” He thinks to himself, and a light bulb seemed to shine in his head. “I… I could ask Hanamura-kun if he’d like.”

 

“Oh? Are you bringing a friend over?” “I-I don’t know if he considers me a friend… B-But I want to, though.”


“Oh, this is exciting! Can you ask what his favorite food is? I’ll try to cook it!” “Mom, he hasn’t even said anything. I haven’t even asked him.” “Whatever you decide, I’d still like to cook for him! As thanks for being nice to my baby!” Inko comes over and squeezes Izuku’s cheek. “Oh Mom…” Hisashi comes over and ruffles his hair.

 

“Let your mom fuss over him. It’s only for a short while. Besides,”

 

Izuku looks up, “I wanna celebrate you trying out Yamada-kun’s suggestion. I’m proud of you, you know?” Izuku’s face was unexpectedly slowly decorated with tears, and he lunges forward to embrace his dad, and then the entire family slowly came together.

 

A very silent, almost unnoticeable whisper of “I love you guys.” came from Izuku’s lips, and Hisashi tightened his grip just a little. “We love you too, bud.”

 

This marks the next phase of recovery of one Midoriya Izuku.

Notes:

I'm trying out a weekly schedule again, made sure to clear my life of other stuff that aren't priorities

Expect updates around Sunday, eastern hemisphere time or whatever I suck at time zones.

This was just early because I missed updating! (and reading comments yeah I'm a bit of an attention whore so what? comments make me feel nice :3)

Anyway, hope you enjoyed!

Chapter 7

Summary:

I don't own these pics! I used them for reference!

Hanamura Hajime: https://i.pinimg.com/564x/db/86/52/db8652cd4cb44c821b76abab341abb75.jpg
Suzuki Yuuto: https://i.pinimg.com/564x/00/0c/08/000c088dd92e1dd5168a80f70f791243.jpg
Kamitani Tadashi: https://i.pinimg.com/564x/95/7f/99/957f996d860a78936b6696f6c2cd33ef.jpg

If any of you are wondering, Izuku has black hair here. Like his original design.

Notes:

Yeaaa the weekly thing isn't happening. I'll update when I want to, but I can assure it won't longer than a month!

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

Izuku wakes up the next day and finds himself looking forward to it. It was rather unusual that he’d look forward to something—usually it was routine. He had his Uncle Yamada to thank for that. It… It was nice, actually.

He got the chance to act like a normal teenager, and Hanamura didn’t ask for anything else other than his trust. Izuku didn’t want to give his full trust because he was wary of people (and he had common sense), but he would be lying if he said he didn’t enjoy having the chance to feel… to feel normal.

He was deprived of this for so long! It felt nice that he could be himself with no judgment from anyone.

And so, Izuku woke up from his sleep with hope in his eyes. Hope that he’ll get to stay this way, even if it’s just for a short while.


Yamada grins at his pseudo-nephew as they walk to the entrance. “I heard from Hound Dog you liked it.”

Izuku bashfully hides his face. “I-It’s nothing… I just like how it feels.” Yamada nods. “I try to make it that way.”

“Um… How come you don’t let kids with an attitude in here?” Izuku asks Yamada as they enter.

Yamada smiles, albeit a little grim, but answers anyway. “This establishment’s job is to either help people find something they want to do or to help kids find their confidence; like you." He took a small glance at Izuku and continued. "We’re not in charge of curving rude kids’ attitudes. That’s not our job.” Izuku nods, understanding the reasoning.

So they both enter the building, and Midoriya immediately looks for Hanamura, trying to be as subtle as possible. He easily spots the bundle of pink hair. Izuku was about to approach as he doesn’t want to blow his cover away being close family friends with Present Mic, but he saw Hanamura conversing with a kid with light blue and a soft yellow hair. He opted to back out for the meantime.

Well, tried was more like it. Hanamura saw him before he could sink into the crowd.

“Midoriya-kun!” Midoriya tensed a little and smiled at the oncoming pink-haired teen. “There you are! I thought you cancelled!” 

Midoriya furrowed his brows, “Why would I do that? I like it here.” Midoriya didn’t exactly realized what came out of his mouth until the last second. A blush shot right up to his face and he tried to make himself look as small as possible.

Hanamura didn’t even try to hide his grin, but he didn’t comment on Midoriya’s embarrassed form. “It's nothing," he waved it off. "By the way, I told my friends about you! They wanted to meet you but I told them I’d ask you first.”

Midoriya deflated a bit. “I… I’m not sure.” 

Hanamura smiles understandingly. “That’s okay. We can try—” 

“Don’t get me wrong, they’re your friends so I want to but um… It just feels overwhelming right now.” Hanamura nods. 

“That’s okay. I’ll stay with you, then.” He answers with a smile.

Midoriya shakes his head. “You can be with them if you want.” 

Hanamura tuts and counters, “That won’t do. I promised Yamada-san I’d stay with you until you feel comfortable. Besides, they’re around our age. They can survive a few hours without me.”

Midoriya smiles sheepishly, thankful that Hanamura decided to stay by his side for today.


Midoriya pants heavily because of Yoshino’s endurance-centered dance. It was definitely taxing. Don’t get him wrong, having to run from Bakugou before already gave him the workout he needed and rather strong legs, but Yoshino really put it to the test.

“That should be all for today, Midoriya-kun. Just rest for a while, and you’re free to go!” Midoriya nodded, and he fanned himself while drinking water. 

Hanamura sits a few spaces beside him and offers a hand fan. “I tend to bring one everyday just to make sure. Yoshi-nii’s endurance regimen is a monstrosity.” Midoriya found himself giggling despite being exhausted.

Midoriya was about to say his thanks when the door suddenly opened. “Hajime~!” The guy with soft yellow hair walked in. Midoriya pulled his legs to himself and he slowly became aware of the fact that someone walked in.

The blond came with the other boy with baby blue hair. “Yuuto, don’t just barge in like that.” The boy meekly said. Izuku needed names for them. 

Hanamura stood up. “Yuuto! I thought I told you I’d text you when it’s okay.” Yuuto smiles and shrugs it off. “Guess I forgot!” the blue-haired kid behind him sighed. “Why do I even try…” 

Midoriya tries his best to not get noticed… It didn’t work.

This Yuuto person turned to him and waved enthusiastically. “Hi~! I’m Suzuki Yuuto!” 

The blue-haired teen sighed. “Not everyone is welcoming to people, Yuuto.” 

“It’ll be fine, Tadashi. Besides, you’re okay with it, right?” Midoriya felt his cheeks heat up, and before he could make a fool out of himself, he bolted out of there.

Hanamura frowns as he watches Midoriya exit the room. “Yuuto, what did you do that for?” 

Yuuto cowered slightly under his gaze. “Um… Sorry?” 

Tadashi shook his head. “I told you not to just barge in.” 

“I just wanted to meet him!”

“You ended up scaring him!”

Hanamura sighed. “I’m going to look for him.” Tadashi and Yuuto stop their banter as they watch their friend follow after the black-haired teen.



Midoriya silently sits in the dark corner of…

Well, actually he doesn’t know where he is—he just ran. He simply couldn’t handle how easy-going that Yuuto person was. The last time someone did that…

He doesn’t even want to remember…

“Midoriya-kun?” Midoriya looked up from his spot, surprised that Hanamura decided to look for him instead of staying behind with his friends. Doesn’t mean he made a sound, though.

“Midoriya-kun? Are you here?” Midoriya felt bad that Hanamura went all the way out here just to look for him so he tapped  on the linoleum tile next to his shoes.

From outside of… wherever this is, he heard Hanamura’s muffled voice. “Midoriya-kun? Are you in here?” Midoriya didn’t know where here actually was, so he just gave a gentle knock against the floor again. 

“Could you get out of the janitor’s closet? I imagine that’s not a comfortable place to be, hehe.” 

Oh, so that’s where he is? Huh. That explains why it feels so cramped.

Midoriya turns the doorknob gently and from the other side sat Hanamura,  with a gentle smile on his face.

“Hi…” 

Hanamura doesn’t mind the meekness. “Hey… I know Yuuto probably scared you. He has trouble understanding that some people aren’t as outgoing as he is.” 

Izuku frowns. “Now I feel bad…” 

"I promise it’s okay. He doesn’t take things like that seriously. If anything, you reminded him.” 

Midoriya slowly uncurls from his position. “Aren’t you worried that he might be upset you chased after me instead?” 

Hanamura shook his head. “Our friendship isn’t fragile. I mean I’ve known Yuuto for three years and Tadashi for only one, but I think friendship isn’t only based on quality time.” Midoriya accepts that answer.

Hanamura spends a few more minutes with Midoriya just to make sure that he’s going to be fine.



“Izuku-kun! Where were you? You weren’t answering your phone!” Yamada frets over the boy when he finally sees him.

Izuku smiled sheepishly and rubbed the back of his neck. “I… I kind of freaked out when Hanamura’s friend approached me. He helped me through it the entire time.” Yamada smiles softly when he heard what Hanamura did.

“Are you ready to go home?” Midoriya nods, but before they could leave, someone yelled from across the lobby.
“I almost forgot!” They both looked at Hanamura who was fishing something out of his pocket. “I wrote down my number! I thought that you might want someone to talk to every now and then.” 

Midoriya carefully accepts the piece of paper that was handed to him and waves goodbye, eager to take a warm shower and lay down on his soft bed.



Izuku plops down on his bed and opens his phone. Scrolling through social media, HeroTube and Synergy, rinse, wash and repeat. 

Until he remembered Hanamura’s phone number.

He opened his messaging app and punched the number in and wrote a quick “hi”, introduced himself, and went to sleep. 
(LINE BREAK)
Izuku woke up sore the next morning aching in places he didn’t know could ache, but a smile still found its way onto Izuku’s face as he remembers the events of yesterday—the singing lesson with Nakata-san, the hefty dance lesson with Yoshino-san—it was worth it.

“Oh, you’re awake,” Izuku raises his head and saw his dad peeking from the doorframe. “You were sleeping like a rock last night. I tried to wake you up for dinner but you wouldn’t budge!” he teased.

Izuku looked at the clock and tried to remember what happened last night.  He must’ve zoned out quickly because when he looked at his dad after being called out, Hisashi was sporting a frown. “Izuku? You okay there, bud?” Izuku yawned before nodding. 

“Just tired… and sore.” They both chuckled. 

“How about you tell me all about it while we wait for your mom to finish breakfast?” Izuku smiled a little and he told Hisashi about this boy that’s been nothing but nice to him.



…Why was joining a good idea again? 

Even after being sore, he was required to go since it was part of the agreement. Although Present Mic told him that if he tells Yoshino he’s sore all over he’d go easy on him for today.

So he walked into the training center, again, dreading the fact that he has to dance again.

But before any of those things happen, we have this:

Midoriya saw the blond and the blue-haired boy from yesterday approaching him. He was about to slowly back away until he noticed how careful the smaller boy was. Every fiber of his being was telling him to run away, but he stayed.

The blond, Yuuto, was shoved forward gently by the blue-haired boy—Tadashi, Midoriya’s mind supplied.

“Um, hi?” Yuuto waved shyly. “I hope you remember me. I want to apologize for yesterday… It wasn’t right when I completely ignored how uncomfortable you were. I’m sorry!” 

Midoriya’s eyes widened when he suddenly bowed. “U-Um, its okay, please stand up.” Yuuto raised his head and Izuku went on. “I promise it’s okay. I just don’t do well when I’m cornered like that. I… I really do want to get to know you guys… Y-You’re Hanamura-kun’s friends, aren’t you?” Yuuto nods.

“Then… later, maybe? A-After training?” Yuuto recovers his wide grin from yesterday. “Sure! My name’s Suzuki Yuuto, by the way. Just in case you want to call me by my last name.” Midoriya nods. “Well, we’ll be going now! See you later?” another nod. Suzuki waves and walks away with a wave. The blue-haired boy stayed behind for a while, “My name’s Kamitani Tadashi. Thank you for your time.” He bowed after and followed his friend.

Hanamura looked at the scene in front of him. “Midoriya-kun? Did Yuuto apologize already?” 

Midoriya nodded. “I… I told him we could try to get to know each other right after today. The pink-haired boy smiles. “If you’re sure. Well, best we get to vocals, right?” 

Midoriya groans as he remembers his aching muscles. “I just hopes Yoshino-san doesn’t make me dance around. I’m pretty sure my aches are aching.” Hanamura laughs brightly and he walks beside Midoriya as they make their way to Nakata’s studio.



As another day reaches its end, Midoriya is reminded of the fact that he was sore like there was no tomorrow. “Any chance a healing quirk works here?” he asks Hanamura. “Well, there’s two of them but they’re only really for something really bad. One to heal and one to forget the trauma. I think they’re full time doctors though so they only ever come here when they’re free.” Midoriya blinks at the new information. 

“So, are you ready to meet up with Yuuto and Tadashi?” Midoriya looks down at his shoes and nods. Hanamura sends Midoriya an understanding gaze. “It’s okay if you want to put it off for a while. They won’t hate you and you don’t have to force yourself.”

Midoriya shakes his head. “It’s not that I don’t want to meet them… It’s just…” Midoriya mumbles something unintelligible. Hanamura tilted his head curiously. “What was that?” 

Midoriya’s cheeks flush but he whispers, “I… I need help moving around.” Hanamura blinks once, then twice. Until he realizes Midoriya is absolutely serious. Slowly, a laugh builds up in his mouth. 

Hanamura started giggling, and then suddenly he’s on the ground clutching his stomach as he laughs loudly—much to Midoriya’s embarrassment.

“H-Hanamura-kun!” 

Hanamura just kept on laughing, “AHAHAHAHA-I’m s-s-sorry! AHAHAHA!” 

“I-It’s not funny!” Midoriya pouted. 

Hanamura made the mistake of looking at Midoriya and saw his pout and his red face. It caused him to laugh harder. “HAHAHAHHAHA I’M SORRY! O-Oh my gosh, my stomach! AHAHAHA!” Midoriya couldn’t really tell what was making his lip twitch, but if he had to put a finger on it, it would probably be the fact that Hanamura’s body was filled with laughter. 

Within seconds, his cheeks started to strain against the not-so-valiant effort to stop himself from laughing.

Sooner than he realized, even he was laughing along with Hanamura.

In the back of his mind, he thinks to himself. ‘This… This feels nice…’

Of course, that is if he can think at all, seeing as how they’re a laughing mess on the ground.



Once the two hysterical messes finally got a chance to breathe, Hanamura held out his hand to Midoriya, who groaned which each move, hissing in pain.

Once Midoriya finally stood up, Hanamura grabbed his pack. “Don’t worry about it. I got this one.” Midoriya smiled at him and they walk to the entrance.

Izuku doesn’t forget to text his parents and uncles as to where he is. Honestly speaking, he thinks his parents would be ecstatic to hear he’s making more friends.
(LINE BREAK)
“There you guys are! For a second there, I thought Midoriya-kun needed more time before meeting with us.” Hajime just shook his head at Yuuto. “We were just laughing around before we finally stood up.” 

“Ehh? What were you laughing about?” Asked Yuuto, tilting his head to the side like a puppy. 

Hanamura was about to tell them when Midoriya elbowed him in the ribs. “Ow! You were laughing earlier, too!” 

Midoriya pouted once again, “I wasn’t laughing at… at what happened, I was laughing at you.” 

Hanamura placed a hand on his chest and feigned hurt. “You wound me.” He whined. Tadashi chuckles at their antics. “Alright, are we going or what?” 

Yuuto cheers brightly, “To the ice cream shop!”

Notes:

Lemme know what you think!

Chapter 8

Summary:

So, to anyone outside, this would seem totally normal. Just a group of friends having a stroll around the park.

To Izuku however,

‘What do we do? I’ve never been to any of these things with others before… I don’t know what to do…’ he’s been having thoughts like that from the beginning.

Notes:

Hello~ I hope you like this one! Since this *will* head in a k-pop direction you can drop it if you want, I understand it's not everyone's cup of tea ^^

However this *is* going to introduce plenty of artists so, be on the look out!

I'm still having thoughts on whether or not I should tag K-Pop in the fandom, but ehh, we'll get there!

Also I wanna take this moment to flaunt my betas they're were absolutely helpful and chaotic I love it XD

Also, warning, there is a panic attack seen by where I got the summary is from paired with derogatory insults so be careful!!

Lastly, em gon fix the links from the previous chapter so you can have a general idea of how I envision them

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

Not even past three minutes in their walk and Midoriya’s sure this is definitely one of the most awkward encounters he’s ever had in his entire life. He felt so awkward since Kamitani, Suzuki, and Hanamura already know each other. They’re all on given name basis, too.

 

He appreciates the fact that every now and then Hanamura would include him in conversations that he assumes is part of their usual daily interactions, but he still doesn’t really know where to begin when it came to actually socializing with them.

 

So Suzuki helps him with it. “Ne, Midoriya-kun.” Midoriya looked at him as they walked. “Yes?” he replied. “Rapid fire questions. Favorite color, animal, food.” Midoriya blinked at him like a cat, taking a while to process the information. He blushed a bit before giving out an answer. “U-Um… black and white maybe? R-Rabbits I guess, and katsudon.” “Sweet! Mine is yellow,” he pointed to his hair, “cats supremacy, aaand almost everything!” Tadashi snorts, “That’s an understatement. You scarf down most of the things that’s presented in front of you.”

 

“I do not!” Yuuto pouted. “Remember that time when Yoshi-nii made me eat nothing but salads for a week because I was eating way too many calories? I despised that.” “You finished all the meals, though.” “Irrelevant!” He interjected Hajime. Midoriya couldn’t help but smile as they banter. “Anyway,” Suzuki faced him again, “don’t be shy! You can ask us anything!”

 

Midoriya looked away. “Sorry… I just… I haven’t done anything like this before. Going out, I mean.” Suzuki tilts his head, “Why not? You’re like, adorable and really nice.” Midoriya hid a wince. “I don’t want to talk about it.” Suzuki gives an understanding smile. “Okay, we don’t have to. How abouuuut what do you want to be when you grow up?” Midoriya found that an easier thing to talk about. “I don’t know, to be honest. It used to be a hero but…” he trailed off. Kamitani replied. “I get it. Sometimes things just don’t go the way we want them to, yeah?” Midoriya nods.

 

So, within the unspoken rules of society, he reciprocates. “How about you guys?” Kamitani snorts. “Well, I don’t really know just yet. Although, it is funny how I got here.” Suzuki bursts into giggles. “Oh gosh, you have to tell him.” “I will, calm down.”

 

“Okay, you can tell I’m a pretty quiet person, right?” Midoriya nods. “For some reason, my parents thought that I was anti-social because I don’t talk as much. I kept on telling them that yeah, I have friends. I just don’t bring them over because I see them at school. They never believed me, and my siblings even sided with them! They know I have friends, they’re not that much older than me!” Kamitani let out an exasperated sigh. Hanamura couldn’t help but let out a few low chuckles, and even Suzuki had himself giggling like crazy.

 

“Anyway, the deal was they’d stop pestering me about it if I joined something that can expand my friend circle. That’s how I ended up here. I had to bring Hajime as proof that ‘Yes, Mom, I have a friend.’ She wouldn’t stop gushing over him.” Hajime smiled mischievously, “Oh, don’t be like that! Your mom’s just happy you have a social life!” “And if you don’t drop it, you won’t be a part of it anymore.” Tadashi told Hajime in a deadpan tone.

 

“You get used to it.” Suzuki winked at Midoriya. “Suzuki-kun, how’d you end up joining? Did you not know what you want to be when you grow up?” Midoriya asked. Suzuki ponders for a while. “Well, my quirk’s called Blueprint. It gives me a rundown on how things are made.” Midoriya had to surpress a flinch and his awe. “Seeing how things were made, I wanted to be an architect! But, I couldn’t just give everything to studying because I’d lose myself, you know? So I joined Present Mic’s studio, and it worked out!” Midoriya nods.


“Here we are!” Suzuki made jazz hands to showcase the ice cream store. “Thanks to the lovely jazz hands, yes, we can see the store.” Gave a deadpan reply by Tadashi. “Let’s go. It’s getting hot.”

 

Tadashi leads the party of four inside, awaiting the sweet relief of ice cream.

 

“Hey, don’t get anything bigger than a regular. Yoshi-nii would rip us a new one if we broke his meal plan.” Reminded Hajime.

 

And they went to ordering! Suzuki with some vanilla, shockingly considering how hyper he is, Hanamura with chocolate, and Kamitani and Midoriya with strawberry.

 

They went out right after ordering so they could use that time wisely to get to know Midoriya better!


So, to anyone outside, this would seem totally normal. Just a group of friends having a stroll around the park.

 

To Izuku however,

 

‘What do we do? I’ve never been to any of these things with others before… I don’t know what to do…’ he’s been having thoughts like that from the beginning.

 

“Midoriya-kun!” Midoriya tensed up subtly. “Y-Yes?” Hanamura nudged his friend with a smile. “I wanna say thank you!” Midoriya tilted his head, confused, “Wh-What for?” “Well, I know you weren’t really ready to go out, just that you wanted to get to know us, but you still went out with us.”

 

Midoriya rubs the back of his neck. “Y-You don’t have to thank me for that… I should thank you instead. I know I’m pretty plain-looking.” Suzuki shakes his head. “Not true! You might not know this but when you’re confused you do this really cute thing where you tilt your head to the side. It’s adorable!”

 

Midoriya blushes red. “Oh… I do that often?” “Yep!” “Oh um… Thanks, I think?” Suzuki just gave a sunshine smile, one that Midoriya couldn’t help but reciprocate slightly.

 

A few thoughts ran around in his head. One was, this was nice. Like, really nice. Another was ‘How would they react if they knew I was quirkless?’ and lastly—

 

“No way! Is that Deku?” Midoriya tensed harshly, catching the attention of his companions. “Midoriya-kun?” Midoriya carefully faced the source of the derogatory nickname with wide eyes and his body trembling slightly. “Matsuhara-kun…” Midoriya distinctively remembers him for his finger quirk. “…Tsubasa-kun, too…” “Hah? The Deku is still alive?” Tsubasa smirked. If it weren’t for the feared that coursed through his veins, Midoriya would’ve seen the worried faces of Kamitani and Suzuki, and the furious expression Hanamura’s trying to contain with a clenched fist.

 

“Don’t think just because you dropped out doesn’t mean you get to escape us, Deku!” Midoriya flinched and looked down. “That’s not my name… Don’t call me that…” he whispered, loud enough to be heard by his three companions. Kamitani stood in front of him, “If you have nothing good to say to him, I think it’s for the best you leave.”

 

Matsuhara’s gaze travels between the three pastel-haired teens and laughs. “Real funny, Deku! How much did you pay these guys?” Midoriya shakes in place but he gathers enough courage to talk. “I-I d-didn’t pay them a-nything.” Tsubasa snorts. “Yeah, right! As if these morons—” Suzuki’s eyes twitched, “—would willingly hangout with someone like you!”

 

Hanamura glared, “What’s that supposed to mean?” Tsubasa’s eyes widened, “You’re lying to them, Deku? Can’t do anything right, can you?” Midoriya shakes in place while tears flow down his eyes. “He’s quirkless! He’s worth nothing! Stop wasting your time on a stupid, useless Dek—” Hanamura comes forward and punches Tsubasa in the face, breaking his nose.

 

“What the fuck!?” exclaimed Tsubasa, albeit a little… nasally. “I suggest you go away before I break anything else.” Hanamura glared at him. Matsuhara helped Tsubasa up and before fleeing, they left with a not so effective “You’ll regret this!” Hanamura smirked, clearly proud of what he did.

 

He faces his three companions, “Serves them right. Are you—” his eyes widened when suddenly, he saw Yuuto and Tadashi trying to comfort Midoriya to the best of their abilities. “What’s happening?” he asked urgently. “I-I don’t know! His breathing is shallow and I don’t think he can hear us!” Hajime’s eyes widened. Midoriya’s breathing quickened and he started to sit down, worrying all three boys even more. Hajime was trying his best to give Midoriya some breathing room, when an idea popped into his head. “Yamada-san! Do you guys have Present Mic’s number?”

 

Tadashi whips out his phone and dials for the hero’s number. Once it rings,

 

“Hello? Kamitani-kun?” “Yamada-san? Midoriya-kun’s panicking, we don’t know what to do!” “What!? Put me on speaker and give the phone to him!”

 

“Izuku-kun? Squeeze someone’s hand if you can hear me.” Izuku scrambles to grab anybody’s hand and gives a light squeeze. “He can hear you, Yamada-san.” “Good, good. Kamitani-kun, are you the one holding his hand.” “Yes, Sir.” “Okay, I need you to pull his hand to your chest and take deep breaths. In for four, hold for four, out for four.” Kamitani nods. “Okay, you heard that, right Midoriya-kun? In for four, hold for four, out for four.” Kamitani does his best to demonstrate. Luckily enough, Midoriya can follow along.

 

“Izuku-kun? Can you talk to me?” Yamada asks. “Y-Yeah…” Izuku said shakily.

 

“Okay, that’s good. Do you think you can tell me five things you can see?” and they continue with the 54321 grounding technique until Midoriya regained composure.

 

“Do you want to tell me what happened or no?” Midoriya shakes his head, “Not now…” he replies. “Okay, that’s okay. Do you want to go home?” he nods. “Yes, please.” “Okay. Kamitani-kun, who are you with?” “We’re with Hajime and Yuuto.” “Could you please help Izuku-kun get home? I’d feel better he went home with someone.” Tadashi looked at his friends first, receiving nods. “We’ll make sure he gets home safe, Yamada-san.” They don’t see the man nod, but he replies, “Okay. Thank you.”

 

Kamitani waits for Yamada to end the call before assisting Midoriya. “Think you could lead us to you home, Midoriya-kun?” Midoriya nods.

 

Suzuki snaked an arm around one of Midoriya’s arm, a silent support that it’s okay. Midoriya gave him a weak but genuine smile.

 

They went their way to Midoriya’s home.


As the party of four reach the apartment complex the Midoriyas live in, Midoriya spoke up, “I’m sorry for ruining today... I know you guys wanted to end on a good note…” All three of them shared confused glances. Kamitani nudged Midoriya gently. “You don’t have to apologize, it wasn’t your fault, you know? Some people are just… not nice at all. Don’t worry about it. We still want to be your friend.”

 

Midoriya’s eyes widened and is almost immediately decorated with tears causing the other three to almost panic. “Wa-Wait! Whatever we said, we didn’t mean to make you cry!” Midoriya wiped his eyes hastily and sniffled. “N-No, no it’s… these are happy tears...” Once he regains his composure, “You guys really want to be my friend? Even… Even after what they said?”

 

All three of them nod.

 

“Oh… Then um… Thank you for today.” Midoriya faces his new friends and smiles. It wasn’t a big smile, but it warmed the hearts of his companions, anyway.


“I’m home.” Izuku announced when he opened the door.

 

“Welcome home, Izu-nii!” he was greeted by Mikumo. Izuku ruffles his hair as he enters their apartment. He sees his mom whipping up some dinner. “Welcome home, Izuku.” “Hi, Mom. Is Dad still at work?” Inko nods. “Yeah, the support department’s got him busy lately. Something about a new hero debuting.” Inko stirs the pot a bit more before closing the lid and washing her hands.

 

When she looks at Izuku, she sees his puffy eyes. “Izuku! Your eyes are puffy! Did the boys treat you right?” She says as she holds his cheeks. Izuku nods. “They were great. They even walked me home. It’s just… We bumped into my former classmates.” Inko frowns. “Who was it?” Izuku shook his head. “Doesn’t matter. Hanamura-kun broke his nose so I doubt he’ll bother us any time soon.” Inko’s frown stays. “Well I appreciate Hanamura-kun for helping you, but please tell him never get involved in fights.” Izuku chuckles. “Sure thing. Do you need help with anything?” Inko shakes her head. “You should rest. I know how tired you were this morning.” Izuku nods. “Alright. Thanks, Mom.”

 

Izuku catches up with Mikumo in his room while Inko preps dinner.


“Yoshino-san is going to break me.” Izuku joked as he stretched in bed. “Good mor— Oh! You’re awake!” Izuku chuckles. “Yep.” “I heard from your Mom you and your friends had a fun time! Well, except those other kids but they’re not important. Want to tell me about it?”

 

Izuku smiles, but turns to worry when he sees, “I slept that long!? I have training in a few minutes!” Izuku rushes out of bed to get breakfast, leaving his dad amused.


“Oh! Good morning, Izuku. What’s got you in a rush?” Izuku picks off a slice of bread and answers, “I have training in a few minutes.” Inko frowns, “Surely you can spare a bit of time for breakfast? Training on an empty stomach can’t be good.”

 

“It’s okay, mom. Yoshino-san has me on a meal plan.” Inko purses her lips before smiling. “Okay. As long as you’re safe and happy. Hurry! You don’t want to be late.”

 

Izuku nods and stuffs the bread in his mouth before heading to the front door.

 

Before leaving, however, he turned around and gave Inko a tight hug. “See you later, Mom.”

 

Inko watched as her son exits the front door and couldn’t help but smile. Her son deserved to be happy. She was glad she could help make him feel happy.

Notes:

Y'all help me I really wanna get to know 2PM and Got7 but idk which songs to start with-

Chapter 9

Summary:

Hanamura gestured for him to sit, “So? How’d it go?” Midoriya shrugged as he sat down. “Turns out he can read mental wellnesses. He… He knew about it but uh, he didn’t make a big deal out of it or anything!”

Kamitani nods with a smile, “That’s good. He say anything about you?”

Midoriya answered, “He’ll have on a fitness plan. Something for strength and endurance.” “That’s good. Are you—”

“Riku-chan!” Midoriya and Kamitani’s attention was quickly stolen by a girl. Midoriya thought of a hamster when he saw her.

“Who’re they?” he asked Kamitani. “Mochizuki Riku. Everyone knows him. The other one is Minatozaki Sana. She’s a contestant for Sixteen."

Notes:

Yeaaa I tried to fix the links to how I see the OC's. I hope it works-

Keep in mind that I don't own the art I just used them as inspiration to how I see them :>

If they still won't work then fuck it-

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

Izuku walks through the doors of PYHU Entertainment (PYHUE but I need more words-) and frantically logs into their logbook. He ignored his sore body and speed-walked through the halls of the establishment, eager to look for the practice room.

 

“Alright, let’s start with warm-ups!” Izuku thought it was a good idea to step in. “Oh! Just in time, Midoriya-kun!” Midoriya gave a small wave, not missing the relieved looks on three faces. “Come on over, we’re starting warm-ups.” Midoriya nods and picks his place beside Hanamura. Hanamura smiled, “Glad you’re doing great, dude. I thought you were going to rest for today.”

 

As Midoriya follows with the stretches, “Yeah… I’d probably stay in if I slept any longer.”

 

Hanamura stops chatting and focuses on their warm-ups, happy that their friend was at least able to come today.


“Alright, before we do any dancing, I’ll call your name and come up one by one. I’ll be assessing if you’ve been following the regimen I gave you. Min Taeyang?” A young boy, Izuku guesses he’s probably a year or two younger, climbs up on stage.

 

Suzuki and Kamitani walk over to where Hanamura and Midoriya are huddled up. “Yo!” Suzuki said as he approached them. Kamitani waves. “How have you been?” Kamitani asked him. “I’m fine. A little sore all over, but I’ll manage.”

 

“That’s good.”

 

Suzuki strikes up a conversation with Hanamura, leading the group of four into peaceful mumbles.

 

“Ow! Dude, watch where you’re going!”

 

“Alright alright, sorry. Geez.” Midoriya peeks at the commotion happening nearby.

 

“Hey, hey, be nice!” Yoshi-nii scolded them.

 

His gaze lingers a bit longer until Suzuki captures it. “Curious?” Midoriya jumps a little and blushes at being caught, but he nods. “Well, there’s a lot of rumors that run around but the only thing I believe is that he’s just not a people person in general. He doesn’t like socializing, stuff like that.”

 

Midoriya mimes and “ahh” version.

 

“Suzuki Yuuto.” “Welp, that’s me!” Suzuki stands up from their huddle area and went to Yoshino.

 

Midoriya figured it was a good time to ask, “How do things usually happen here?” he turned to Hanamura. Hanamura hummed, “He gets visual aids to help him determine things like core strength, nutrition, overall health, stuff like that. Helps him monitor fatigue, or anything else not clearly seen.”

 

Midoriya scrunches his brows, “Do… Do you think he’ll know I… you know…” he timidly asks.

 

Hanamura rubs the back of his head, “Honestly? I don’t know. We’ve… We’ve never really had someone have an attack before.”

 

“Oh.” Midoriya purses his lips, but before negativity seeps it, sunshine boy Suzuki comes in. “Hey~ what’s shaking?” It was a horrible way to switch the conversation because it just really didn’t fit, especially since Suzuki doesn’t really speak English. It reminded him of when he learned English for the first time. It was enough to keep the frown off his face.

 

Suzuki tried to keep it that way. “Something on your mind?” He asked Midoriya, sporting a small smile on his face.

 

“Hm? Oh, nothing. You just reminded me back when I started learning English.” Suzuki stared slack-jawed, “You speak English!?” He asked enthusiastically. Midoriya nodded.

 

“My dad used to work overseas. When he came home he taught me English.” Suzuki’s eyes widened, “Cool! I’ve been asking my sister to teach me but she’s always busy with school~.” He whined and then pouted.

 

“It’s… It’s pretty hard to be honest, hehe.” Midoriya sheepishly rubs the back of his neck. Suzuki wasn’t deterred, however. “You can teach me!”

 

“I don’t know if I can…” “You’ll never know unless you try~.”

 

Kamitani thought it was a good idea to step in by now. “Suzuki’s got a point, but remember what we talked about? Boundaries?”

 

Suzuki’s eyes widened and backed off. “Sorry! I’m… I’m not good with stuff like that so you can tell me if you’re uncomfortable!” He put his hands together and bowed.

 

“I-It’s okay, Suzuki-kun.” The conversation picked off from English, again, until it was his turn.

 

“Midoriya Izuku?” Well, he didn’t have to wait long at all.


Midoriya picks himself up from where he was sitting with his friends, at least he thinks they are, and walks over to Yoshino.

 

“Hey, Midoriya-kun! I wanna ask how your experience is so far. Has PYHUE been treating you well?”

 

“Hi Yoshino-san... Um, PYHUE’s been great, actually. Especially… Especially, um…” Midoriya gives a sideways glance at the three kids he met a few days ago.

 

“Ooh, you made some friends?” Yoshino asked.

 

“I um… I hope so?” Midoriya gave a sheepish smile.

 

Yoshino chuckles, “I’m sure they are your friends, Midoriya-kun. Ready to hear your evaluation?” Midoriya nods. “So, I knew you skipped breakfast, probably because you woke up a bit late but you did compensate for lunch. Your body strength, since you’re following well with the dance practices your stamina increased. Strength and endurance, however, we might have to work on that. Think you’re ready for it, Midoriya-kun?”

 

Midoriya nods, albeit hesitantly. Yoshino gives a gentle smile, “I almost forgot, I can read your mental state, too. I… I know you had a panic attack so you’re not at your best right now, and that’s okay. You don’t have to take the extra work if you’re not ready yet. I won’t force you, you know.”

 

Midoriya shakes his head. “I want to be able to progress like my… Like my friends. A-And I’m sure I can handle it!” he said determinedly. Yoshino grins. “That’s the spirit! Well, I’ll give you your workout routine before you go home, okay?”

 

“Okay. Thank you, Yoshino-san.” Midoriya bows a bit and turns to leave. “Midoriya-kun!” Midoriya looked back urgently, “You can call me Yoshi-nii when you’re comfortable, alright?” Midoriya’s eyes widened, but the sentiment was welcome nonetheless.


Hanamura gestured for him to sit, “So? How’d it go?” Midoriya shrugged as he sat down. “Turns out he can read mental wellnesses. He… He knew about it but uh, he didn’t make a big deal out of it or anything!”

 

Kamitani nods with a smile, “That’s good. He say anything about you?”

 

Midoriya answered, “He’ll have on a fitness plan. Something for strength and endurance.” “That’s good. Are you—”

 

“Riku-chan!” Midoriya and Kamitani’s attention was quickly stolen by a girl. Midoriya thought of a hamster when he saw her.

 

“Who’re they?” he asked Kamitani. “Mochizuki Riku. Everyone knows him. The other one is Minatozaki Sana. She’s a contestant for Sixteen.”

 

Midoriya furrows his brows, “Sixteen?” “Yep. PYHUE’s producing a girl group this year. I think he called it Twice? Not sure.”

 

“Ohh. Are they the first group PYHUE will produce?” Kamitani makes a so-so gesture with his hand.

 

“The first group PYHUE produced is GOT7, right around January, but they aren’t the first group under them. 2AM and 2PM were produced before the ownership of the company was passed to Yamada-san.”

 

Midoriya scratches his cheek in embarrassment, “Is it bad that I don’t know any of them?” he asks. Kamitani shakes his head. “You wouldn’t be the first, it’s fine. 2AM focuses on ballad songs while 2PM is more hip-hop. I think I have Take Off downloaded on my phone. Want to listen?”

 

Midoriya nods and places the earphones in, listening intently.


“I didn’t expect it to be so…” Kamitani smiles, “Catchy?” Midoriya nods. “You know, they have a dance for that, too. Pop artists and all.”

 

“Could…” Midoriya fidgets his fingers, Kamitani patiently waiting for an answer. “Could you send me a video, please?” Kamitani nods. “Sure thing.”

 

“Kamitani Tadashi!” Yoshino announced.

 

“That’s me. See you later dude.” Midoriya waves at Kamitani’s retreating back and patiently waits for the evaluations to finish.


Midoriya walks himself back to Yoshino-san’s studio. After being vocally bombarded by Nakata-san’s warm-up routine and going back and forth on the scales, Izuku thinks he’s beat.

 

And the chuckle Yoshino gives him is an indication that Oh he can absolutely tell.

 

“I take it the lessons were hefty today?”  Midoriya nods. “Alright so, here’s the workout routine I planned out for you. If you follow it well, your strength and endurance should improve.”

 

Midoriya gives it a once-over before looking back up. “Are there diet restrictions I should follow, Yoshino-san? I mean, other than the standard one you have me on.” Yoshino blinks, “Um, don’t take this the wrong way but do you have a career path in mind?”

 

Midoriya shakes his head.

 

Yoshino nods, “Alright, tell me if it ever changes. If it does, then we’ll talk about dietary restrictions. Have fun!”

 

“Thank you, Yoshino-san.” Midoriya bows. “No problem, kid. Stay safe!”


Midoriya walks out of PYHUE, deadset on going home.

 

“Midoriya-kun!” Well, not until this second at least. “Hanamura-kun? I thought you guys went home already.”

 

Suzuki shook his head. “We take friendship to the next level! No take-backs!” Midoriya blinks rapidly. “Were you planning on going anywhere?” Midoriya shook his head.

 

“Then let’s go to your house! But um, unless you don’t want to that’s okay!”

 

“I uh…” Midoriya nervously scratches his cheek. He didn’t want to come off as rude.

 

“It’s okay if you don’t want to, Midoriya-kun.” Said Kamitani. “How about we walk you home instead?” Midoriya nods.

 

“That’s n-nice. Thank you.” He shyly mumbled.

 

So that’s how he ended up with their company for the nth time this week.


Midoriya bids his friends? Yeah, he bids his friends goodbye before going up.

 

He was immediately greeted by the daily scent of dinner being made.

 

“I’m home!” Izuku took off his shoes and put his indoor ones on. A chorus of “Welcome home!” greeted him, easily baffling him.

 

He walked towards the living room and saw his pseudo uncles and his family in the living room.

 

“Uncle Yamada? Uncle Aizawa? Dad? What are you guys doing here?” His dad fakes a pout, “What, you don’t want us around, son?” Izuku burns scarlet while shaking his head, denying the accusation.

 

“N-No! I-I-I mean yes but no! I mean—” His word vomit was interrupted by giggles, chuckles, and a very distinguishable laugh from Present Mic that was promptly stopped by Aizawa with an elbow to the side.

 

“Well, kidding aside, we actually just want an update on how things are going! Your uncles took a day off and so did I! What do you say? Wanna go out?”

 

Izuku looks around, contemplating if he should.

 

Then it hit him that they never really went out together.

 

“Sure.” Izuku answered with a small smile on his face.


The party of six went to a restaurant somewhere near PYHUE. Yamada swore he has the perfect place around here.

 

When they got seated in a private area Izuku immediately thought this was way out of their budget. Luckily Aizawa was paying.

 

“Are you ordering katsudon, Izuku?” Izuku bashfully looks down, “I don’t know… I don’t think Yoshino-san’s meal plan would work well with it.” Yamada chimes in, “I could ask him if you want me to.”

 

“Are you sure it won’t bother him, Uncle Yamada?” Yamada nods. “O-Okay then.”

 

Yamada rang Yoshino not a few moments later, he answered, clearing the katsudon for Izuku.


“So~ how’s PYHUE?” Asked his dad.

 

“It’s been great, actually. I… I even made friends.” Izuku supported a shy smile on his face.

 

“Oh? Could you tell me about them?”

 

“Well… There’s this kid called Hanamura. Mom and Mikumo met him already…”

 

And that’s how Midoriya introduced his family, both pseudo and immediate, to his current life.


The following day was a rest day for PYHUE trainees. It was a rule that Sundays are days off that left trainees incredibly grateful. Izuku can understand why, especially since the school suspensions were lifted. Right after school, trainees would have to go directly to PYHUE and practice. Present Mic made sure to at least have some hours for their academics and personal life, but some trainees are determined. Trainees like the candidates for Sixteen for example.

 

There are also trainees like Mochizuki Riku, someone who isn’t set to… debut? Yeah, debut. Regular trainees are just waiting for opportunities to arise.

 

But Izuku? Izuku is a different story. To his knowledge, he’s the only one that attends online classes so he’s pretty much free. We all know how he’s practically a genius.

 

So other than his therapy sessions with Inui in the morning, he really has a lot of free time.

 

He thought it would be nice to indulge in what Sixteen actually is.

 

Midoriya Izuku

Heyyy um, I hope this isn’t a bad time but I was

sort of wondering what Sixteen is? You don’t

have to answer if you’re busy, though

Hanamura Hajime

Hiiii!!!!

 

I think this is the first time you’ve

ever used my number!

 

Sixteen is this program PYHUE’s launching

to like, find the members to debut

 

It’s kind of like a survival show but

it has the benefit of a chance to debut

 

Why’d you ask? Did you want to debut?

Midoriya Izuku

I’m not sure

 

Yoshino-san asked me about my

career choice but I don’t really have

a plan for that yet

 

What kind of music do they make?

Hanamura Hajime

There’s this group back in South Korea.

They just debuted a few years back. I

think they’re called EXO.

 

I’m pretty sure PYHUE will

try to copy the style

 

Want me to send you a link?

 

“Izuku, lunch is ready!” Izuku looks up from his phone and gives his mom an “Okay!”

 

Midoriya Izuku

I have to go. Lunch is ready

 

But yes for the link, please

Hanamura Hajime

Sure thing!

 

Izuku put down his phone, unaware of the drastic change his life would take.

Notes:

Take Off: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMy-rlbFn_E
Growl: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHwFJRFCq-8

Chapter 10

Summary:

“Do you have a career in mind?”

Well, honestly, I’m not sure. I mean I watched the performances and all, but I don’t know if that’s what I want to be someday.

How do you even perform in the first place? I think it’ll be pretty nerve-wracking… How does 2PM and… EXO was it? How do they do it? It’s in front of so many people.

Uncle Yamada told me I had a talent for this, seems like a waste of time and investment if I’m not going to use it someday.

Notes:

Opening Notes: Just a quick reminder, K-Pop didn't advance as much during these times, unlike Pop Culture. So MARVEL movies, Disney films, those things happened. I delayed K-Pop for plot reasons.

Also, I'm planning on a hiatus, just until my betas get settled again! I don't know when that will be, but please understand their situation!

Also, here's Mochizuki Riku: https://i.pinimg.com/564x/2e/f4/83/2ef48358db5aa9d910eedc126eaf1e1a.jpg

MAMA link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KH6ZwnqZ7Wo
Girls Girls Girls link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2sAoKmg7qPI

Chapter Text

Izuku enters the gigantic gates of U.A, something he would’ve fanboyed over years ago. The special pass he was given by Aizawa-san, yes, the one made by Nezu himself, allowed him to just walk on through the gates without them shutting their defenses with the bite force of a hippo.

 

His scheduled appointment is right after the students take their lunch so that no one would see him, and no one would ask questions. It’s also likely for Inui to be free during this time.

 

“Good afternoon, Izuku-kun.” Inui greeted him with a court nod. Izuku returned the gesture, “Good afternoon, Inui-san.”

 

Izuku takes his usual seat on the couch across from Inui, just like all his sessions. “How was your week, Izuku-kun?”

 

“It’s good, I think. I um… I got a new workout routine from Yoshino-san.”

 

Inui raised an eyebrow, not like Izuku can see it with all the fur, and he asked, “Yoshino? Is he your fitness instructor?” Izuku makes a so-so gesture. “Sort of. He’s also our dance instructor. His quirk allows him to pick apart someone’s physical and mental state. It gives him a mental report or something like that. I think it’s cool.”

 

Izuku blushes with the tiny word vomit, a bit embarrassed.

 

“I see. What was the workout routine for?” “It’s um, he noticed my endurance was a bit lacking and my strength. I think he noticed I was struggling with dance moves that need to keep my body up or when I need to stand from squatting down.”

 

Inui nods in understanding. “Anything else you want to share?”

 

Izuku fidgets in place and Inui knows he wants to say something, albeit a bit apprehensive.

 

“I… I went out with my friends a few days ago.” If it weren’t for the muzzle, Inui would give a small smile. “That’s good.” He replied.

 

“We went for ice cream right after our lessons. Right after that, we went to a park. I didn’t know how to interact with them because they were already close friends. But like, you know… I didn’t interact with people my age because I was um… quirkless.”

 

When it came to admitting the fact that he is quirkless, Izuku still has a bit of a hard time. It’s mostly because of the negative feedback he usually received and his anxiety.

 

“Then um…” Izuku looked down and whispered. He wouldn't have heard it if it weren’t for the enhanced hearing Inui got from his quirk.

 

“My old bullies ran into us that day. They… They called me Deku in front of them and I… I didn’t take it well.”

 

Izuku took deep breaths, attempting to calm himself down. “I was so sure that the friends I just made were going to cast me aside again and I’ll be left all alone. Hanamura-kun, Suzuki-kun, Kamitani-kun… They didn’t. They just chased them away and they even helped me with my panic attack. They even walked me home.” Izuku finally looked up with a wistful smile.

 

“I actually kind of feel bad that I thought of them that way when they’ve been nothing but nice to me.”

 

Inui nods. “I am in no position to tell you I understand how you feel, but I do think your reasons are justified.” Izuku looks at Inui’s desk as he listens to him talk. “Your anxieties are not unfounded. To you, this is practically new, correct?” Izuku nods, “Yes, Inui-san.”

 

“I think you’re brave, truthfully speaking.” Izuku’s head rises to meet the man’s eyes. “Despite them, you tried to trust your friends. I appreciate your efforts when it comes to this.”

 

Izuku ducks, “Thank you.”

 

Inui moves on, “Well, are there more things you want to discuss?” Izuku shook his head. “Alright, one last thing.” Izuku blink. “I’m not requiring you to attend your sessions weekly. You can come when you feel like you need to come. I am also aware that your parents approached you with the idea of family therapy. Maybe you could try that if you feel like you need it. Other than that, however,” Inui stands up, “you don’t need to keep coming here weekly, just when you need it. Okay?”

 

Izuku nods and stands up, “Okay, Inui-san.” He bows, “Thank you for your time.”

 

Izuku leaves campus with fresh resolve, going back home with the intent to watch the link he was given by Hanamura.


Izuku plays the link Hanamura sent him. Seeing as how they don’t really have dance lessons for today, he decides it would be nice to know what kind of music their company is bound to produce.

 

As he clicks the link, Izuku is immediately overwhelmed by the number of people. “How many are they?” Even though Izuku’s enjoying the music, bopping his head now and then, he can’t seem to grasp the fact that there are seven… oh wait, no they’re nine. Wait, twelve?

 

Izuku paused the screen for a while and did a headcount, ensuring he got it right. “There’s twelve of them? How does their company manage them?” he wonders out loud. He plays it anyway, a bit too invested in their song.

 

Once he finishes it, he hums to himself. “I should write this down.”

 

He grabs a notebook, “Okay, where do I even begin?” he thinks out loud.

 

“Do you have a career in mind?”

 

Well, honestly, I’m not sure. I mean I watched the performances and all, but I don’t know if that’s what I want to be someday.

 

How do you even perform in the first place? I think it’ll be pretty nerve-wracking… How does 2PM and… EXO was it? How do they do it? It’s in front of so many people.

 

Uncle Yamada told me I had a talent for this, seems like a waste of time and investment if I’m not going to use it someday.

 

Izuku puts down the pen, “Does PYHUE have other groups?” he grabs his phone and immediately searches, “PYHUE Pop Groups” and the results were instantaneous.

 

Lucky him, a group that debuted just months ago appeared. “GOT7? Hm, maybe I’ll get more insight.” He searched a few more for their debut song before settling down and watching.

 

Izuku finishes watching, and he ends up with this: “Ugh, I don’t know what to do… Uncle Yamada said I have a talent for this, so I should do it. But I also find performing in front of people not so savory, so I don’t want to. But I can’t say for sure because I haven’t done it yet…”

 

Izuku lays on his bed, stuck in a never-ending thought process as he waits for time to pass.


And just like that, Monday rolls in. Around 5 PM, Izuku decides to commute for his almost daily lessons.

 

He still hasn’t concluded his career choice, so he hopes his friends and maybe even Uncle Yamada can help him.

 

So, logging into their logbook, he proceeds to their singing lessons.


“Alright singers, take it from the top! If you feel any tension, rest for a while, drink some water, and get back to it! Ready? Go!”

 

Nakata plays her soundtrack on, keeping the steady rhythm going. Izuku thought it was a good moment to think. Okay, right now I don’t mind singing in front of others as much. Maybe it’s because we’re all warming up, I’m not sure.

 

Unbeknownst to him, he’s been starting to mumble. His lips were moving quicker than anyone anticipated but he hasn’t stopped with the vocal trills.

 

His muttering was quiet enough that it didn’t disturb the entire class, but to those around him, it piqued their interest. Most of them thought he was starting up a freestyle rap. Luckily enough Hanamura was near, and he gave him a nudge, “Dude, you’re starting to rap.”

 

Midoriya stared a bit confused until he looked at the small audience he built. His face flushed scarlet and he muttered out an apology. “Don’t feel sorry dude, it was cool. If I wasn’t near you, I would’ve thought you were freestyling.”

 

Midoriya blinks. Huh, never thought of that one before.

 

He’s got something new to think about.


“Ne, ne, Midoriya-kun~,” Suzuki called for his attention. “Hajime told me you were rapping earlier. Was it true?” Midoriya quickly remembered what happened and his face flushed a soft pink this time. “N-Not at all. I was um… I was muttering like always.”

 

His gaze was pointed downward, and his hands were fidgeting.

 

“Ohh? You must’ve sounded appealing, at least if he thought you were.”

 

Midoriya shook his head, “I don’t think so. I’ve never rapped before in my life.” Suzuki shrugs, “If you say so. By the way, the guys and I are going for dinner later. Are you free?”

 

Midoriya checked the time, quickly remembering a personal errand.

 

“I’ll take a raincheck. I have something I wanted to ask Yamada-san.” Suzuki pouted but understood anyway. “Okay~ See you tomorrow, Midoriya-kun!” Suzuki was about to reach for a hug until he remembered Midoriya’s boundaries.

 

Suzuki opted for a fist bump instead. “I’ll try my best to build your comfort level with touch with me. Fist bump?”

 

Midoriya smiles and bumps his fist against Suzuki’s. “Thank you. See you tomorrow, Suzuki-kun!” Midoriya waved goodbye before seeing himself to Yamada’s office.


On his way to the office, Midoriya bumped into an unexpected person. Literally.

 

“Hey! Watch where you’re going!”

 

Izuku remembers him. He never got a name from Suzuki, but he remembers how angry he got last time.

 

The sudden rise of volume startled Izuku, causing his heart rate to pick up. He had to take a few deep breaths to keep himself from trembling badly.

 

The stranger caught wind of what was happening. He closed his eyes and sighed, “Just watch where you’re going next time.” He walked past Midoriya as quickly as possible to deescalate the situation.

 

Midoriya felt a bit bad, considering he was the one that bumped into him. He looked in the other’s direction with longing, but he decided that he would’ve stayed if he wanted to talk.

 

So, he continued his walk to his pseudo uncle’s office.


“Come in, little listener!” Izuku opens the door, being greeted by a warm-colored office. “Izuku-kun! To what do I owe the surprise?” Izuku smiles, “Hi, Uncle Yamada. I came here to ask you something.”

 

“Oh? What are you thinking, listener?” Izuku fidgets, “Well, I… I kinda wanna know if I… like performing but I’m not sure how.”

 

Yamada hums, “By any chance, have you been searching for any performances?”

 

Izuku nods. “I’ve watched 2PM’s Take Off and EXO’s MAMA. I also listened to GOT7’s Girls Girls Girls yesterday.”

 

Yamada replies, “I see… 2PM is flourishing in South Korea right now, but they live there and we’re just their record labels. GOT7, however…”

 

Yamada pulled out a thin binder, “Since we’ve only debuted them in January of this year, there hasn’t been much. They’re plenty talented, but they still need guidance from PYHUE.”

 

Izuku wanted to clarify, “Guidance?”

 

“They try to run by their tracks with me before they decide to produce it themselves, or some PYHUE officials might try to run their ideas through me first and PYHUE offers them all the possible facilities they need.”

 

Izuku is a bit confused about why Yamada is bringing them up now. “I was thinking maybe you might try to perform in front of them but that might be way too pressuring.”

 

Izuku sighed in relief; there’s no way he was doing that.

 

“I have an alternative, though.”

 

Yamada stood up and ushered for Izuku to follow him.


As they exit the room, Yamada explains where they’re going. “There’s this new intensive program we’re trying. It’s specifically for people that want to debut. It’s more taxing and time-consuming, but your flexible schedule would be able to adapt just fine.”

 

They take a right to a lobby full of doors leading to different areas. “Do you know Mochizuki Riku by any chance?”

 

“I uh, I know of him.” “Good enough. He’s part of that program. The Intensive Trainee Program or ITP.” Yamada shows him a room, where Izuku saw Mochizuki working on something. “We’ve come to discuss plans now and then, but he’s mostly just tutoring one person right now.”

 

Izuku looks up at Yamada, “Really? Who are they?” “Seo Younghyun. He was in a class a few days ago just before yours, he's a year older than you.”

 

Izuku blinks in recognition.

 

“Do you want to talk to Rikkun? He might be your key to knowing if you like performing.”

 

Izuku was about to say yes when the nickname caught him off guard. “Rikkun?” Yamada scratched the back of his head, “He’s been here for a long time now and I check their signs of progress now and then.”

 

Izuku said “yes” anyway.


Yamada knocked on the door, gaining Riku’s attention. “Rikkun? You have a minute?”

 

Riku paused the recording and faced PYHUE’s Executive. “Yamada-san! Come in, come in!” Riku pulls out two chairs and he ushers Yamada and Midoriya to sit down.

 

Yamada gently guides Izuku to sit down but he doesn’t sit down himself. “It’s okay, Little Listener. It won’t take too long.”

 

Riku blinks, “Oh?” Yamada nods. “I still have a few more matters to attend to, but this guy here,” Yamada ruffles Izuku’s curls, “has some questions about performing! I thought maybe you could be the key to his answers! How about it?”

 

“Sure thing! What’s your name?” He faces Midoriya with an easy-going smile. “My name’s Midoriya Izuku.” Midoriya replied shyly.

 

Riku smiled, “Nice to meet you. I’m Mochizuki Riku, but you probably knew that already.” He gently joked.

 

Midoriya couldn’t help the chuckle that built up.

 

“Well, you can just call me Riku-nii. My family name’s a mouthful!” He chirped.

 

Midoriya hesitated. “Riku... Riku-san?” Riku blinks, “If that works for you then that’s good!” Neither of them realized Yamada went out of the room.

 

“Well, Yamada-san said you have some questions. Hit me!”

 

Midoriya looks down, “Well… How did you realize you liked performing?”

 

Riku hummed in thought. “Well… I don’t actually know how I got into performing, really!” Midoriya sweatdropped.

 

“But,” Midoriya listened intently, “we could experiment right now if you’re up for it.”

 

Midoriya, if Riku could put a word on it, shrank in on himself. “W… What do you mean experiment?”

 

Riku shrugs, “Nothing much. You’ll just dance or sing in front of the other trainees. It’s not as intimidating as it sounds.”

 

Midoriya’s brows furrow and he couldn’t help the quip from escaping his lips, “It’s exactly as intimidating as it sounds.”

 

Riku was about to deny it, but then he stopped in his tracks and thought it through.

 

“Oh, I guess it is, Hehe!” He rubbed the back of his neck. “Truth be told, though, you’ll never know unless you try! Unlike other things, you’ll never know if you like it if you never do it.”

 

Midoriya fiddles with… anything he can fiddle with.

 

“Are there many people in the ITP?” Riku shakes his head. “There isn’t a lot because of the sudden shift in the ownership of the company. Actually, I have another one I’m sort of helping with his rapping, but he went home earlier today. He’s also in the ITP.”

 

Midoriya sighs. “Sure, what’s the worst that could happen?”

 

Riku beams, “Great! I promise you won’t regret it!”


Riku leads Midoriya deeper into PYHUE’s training center, and that’s where Midoriya sees the not-so-outstanding members of the ITP.

 

Riku wasn’t kidding when he said there isn’t a lot. “Most of what we have right now are just trainees hoping to debut. There isn’t any guarantee if they will. If you ever decide to join the ITP, be prepared to see sixteen regular faces.”

 

Midoriya looks at Riku and goes, “Is it because of Sixteen? I heard PYHUE’s launching a survival program.” “Yep! I’m surprised you know! Not a lot of people are aware of what happens around the agency when they’re only a few weeks in.”

 

Midoriya gives himself a small smile and whispers, “I don’t think I’d know anything about PYHUE if I didn’t have those guys.”

 

Riku sets himself down and smiles, “Okay, show me what you got!”

 

Midoriya’s eyes widened, “Now?” Riku nods enthusiastically, “Yep! No time like the present! Are you better at singing or dancing?”

 

Midoriya looks down in embarrassment, “Is it bad that I’m not sure which one I do best?”

 

Riku shakes his head, “No, not at all! I mean you did just start like what, a few weeks ago? No pressure! Hmm… Since you’ve been curious about performing, how about trying to learn the latest stuff right now?”

 

Midoriya nods. “Yeah, I think that would work.”

 

“Sweet! Which ones have caught your interest?”

 

Midoriya hums in thought, “Can we… Can we try to learn MAMA? By EXO was it?”

 

Riku smiles, “Sure!” he stands up, “Do you want to learn the full song or just the chorus for now?”

 

“I think the chorus would be fine for now.”

 

Riku does a few stretches and faces Midoriya with a grin, “Let’s get started!”

Chapter 11

Summary:

Riku smiled wistfully, but there was a hint of pride in it, too. “He told me it was okay if I couldn’t, he’d be proud either way. If I didn’t perform, at least I practiced and tried to participate in it. If I performed, it wasn’t only for him.”

Riku looked him in the eye, “It was also for me. It might’ve been selfish, but he told me that if I took pride in performing what I’ve been preparing for, being happy for doing so, it was going to be worth it.”

“As I said, I wouldn’t be able to understand completely understand what you feel because I don’t know what it’s like. What I do know is, that even if you don’t try, that’s okay. At the very least, I feel glad I got to introduce you to song structures.”

Notes:

Hey~~ So, I practically took a break because it's back to school season next week, and I wanted to be relaxed during vacay so I'm sorry for the unintentional hiatus!

(I wanna address the fact that I literally forgot about 2Hwang T^T so for reference, just think of Hyunjin when you think of Hanamura Hajime I mean they both got pink hair before so why not?)

There are mentions of anxiety right after they discuss the song structure, be careful!

It's about time this came on, I only know 0%-7% about practicing dance, song arrangements, and stuff like that so be aware of major inaccuracies XD If I ever have to describe something, it's definitely bound to be vague. That being said, I also probably won't enter the manual (mechanical? or technical?) side of music production, because you wouldn't be able to actually hear anything to put lines in so, yep!

Also, note that I'm not trying to completely capture their counterparts. They will most definitely behave differently, I mean the main ship provides enough implication for that ^^. I also plan on mixing backstories and such so, don't be too surprised if their counterparts' backstories don't match up

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text


Before Midoriya and Riku started learning the choreography, he texted his mom that he’d be home later than usual because he was trying to learn new choreography. Inko was happy he was making more friends, she even suggested that she should bring them over so she could cook a feast.

 

“So, um, where should we begin?” Midoriya asked Riku as he put his phone down.

 

“How many times have you listened to the song?” Midoriya blushes. “Um… one time?” he chuckled.

 

Riku smiles, “That’s okay, how about we listen to it a few times, and while we listen, how about I run you through the technicalities behind the music?” Midoriya looked at him with wide eyes, “Are you sure?” Riku nods enthusiastically. “Of course! You wanted a taste of the ITP, so I thought I’d show you all the aspects of it.”

 

Midoriya nods shyly, “If it’s okay, yes please.”


“So, typically, when you first watch the music video, your attention will most likely be pulled by the designs, the graphics, things like that. Since we’re mostly going to familiarize ourselves with the song’s structure, we will only listen to it.”

 

Midoriya watches Riku pull out his phone and earphones.

 

“Are there other reasons why we’ll listen only? He asked Riku. “Yep! I find it easier because you’ll mostly focus on the sounds rather than all the things that happen. Let’s say we watch the music video while we’re analyzing the song, you might be drawn more to the graphics, the design, stuff like that because that’s the whole point of the music video.”

 

Midoriya nods, seemingly understanding the reasoning. When Riku offered him the other earbud, he settled it in his ear, waiting for the music to come.

 

“Okay, so you hear those combined voices, kind of like a ritual? Some songs could have that kind of exposition to reel someone in.”

 

“If you close your eyes, that might help, less information for your brain to take in.” Midoriya does as Riku suggests and focuses on the music in his ears. “Okay, there are some basic things you can tell from school like stanzas, choruses, stuff like that. Since you’re new, you might be inclined to follow specific measures because it’s more familiar but listen to how the lines aren’t particularly similar. Once you get used to production, you might play around every now and then!”

 

Midoriya caught on. Unlike lessons taught in school, this doesn’t particularly have similar patterns, but it fits. He guesses this is what Riku meant when he said you could play around.

 

He was again met with combined, thundering voices when the stanzas finished. “Hear that? That’s the build-up before the chorus. It’s very easily called the pre-chorus, the lines that build up suspense before the actual hook of the song.”

 

Midoriya and Riku continue to listen to the song a few more times until Midoriya was familiar with the song structure.

 

“Okay! Now that you’re familiar with the song’s structure, let’s move to learn the chorus!” Riku stands up and does a few stretches to relieve his stiff limbs.

 

Midoriya’s anxiety decided it was a good time to act up. His hands started to sweat, and he was beginning to feel apprehensive. He fiddled with his pant leg, willing his body to move, but ending up with no changes in his situation.

 

Riku noticed his apprehension, squatting down to his level. “Midoriya-kun? Are you feeling okay?”

 

Midoriya’s gripped the fabric of his pants a little tighter. Riku sat down next to him, sporting an understanding smile his way. “Hey, it’s okay. You don’t have to do it if you really don’t want to. I understand.” Finally, for what seemed like an eternity, Midoriya looked at him with wide eyes.

 

“Oh, well, I don’t completely understand what you’re going through, but I understand enough, at least. I won’t be upset if you don’t want to do it.”

 

By now, Midoriya seemed to be contemplating so hard that Riku could practically see the gears turning in his head. He thought he could give it a push in, well, any direction. “One time, a few years ago, I had to perform with some seniors as backup dancers in our school. I was trembling right before the performance. I knew I practiced hard, but I guess the nerves just got to me.”

 

Midoriya looked at him with curious eyes, waiting for him to finish.

 

“I don’t think you know him because you’ve been researching music more, but you’ve definitely listened to their music before.” Riku looked over, “BamBam, from GOT7.” Midoriya’s eyes widened.

 

“It was a school event, but I invited him anyway because my family is in the countryside. Backstage I was nervous, especially when I saw the crowd. I called him and told him I might not be able to perform.”

 

Midoriya frowned, this seemed like a different Riku he was telling. “What… What did he say?”

 

Riku smiled wistfully, but there was a hint of pride in it, too. “He told me it was okay if I couldn’t, he’d be proud either way. If I didn’t perform, at least I practiced and tried to participate in it. If I performed, it wasn’t only for him.”

 

Riku looked him in the eye, “It was also for me. It might’ve been selfish, but he told me that if I took pride in performing what I’ve been preparing for, being happy for doing so, it was going to be worth it.”

 

“As I said, I wouldn’t be able to understand completely understand what you feel because I don’t know what it’s like. What I do know is, that even if you don’t try, that’s okay. At the very least, I feel glad I got to introduce you to song structures.”

 

Midoriya looks about ready to cry, and for a moment, Riku felt afraid he might’ve said something out of line. Little did he know about the Midoriyas’ proficient crying techniques.

 

Before the tears fall, however, Midoriya wipes his eyes gently to rid of them.

 

He stands up and copies the stretching Riku did earlier, and he looked over with a shy yet determined smile, “So, um… What do we do next?”

Riku grinned like an idiot and did a tiny cheer in his head. “Awesome! Okay, let’s run it again and we’ll slow it down.”


“Okay, I just want to establish a few things. Are you new to dance?” Midoriya nods. “Right, okay. What have you danced so far?” Midoriya scratches his cheeks, “Remember when the foreign dancers collaborated with us? Yoshino-san refreshed us on it before.”

 

Riku beamed, “That’s good. Okay, I’ll pull up the video again.” Riku replays MAMA right before the chorus. “Right, I want you to tell me what you notice with the dance. Try to describe it for me.”

 

Midoriya leans in, not completely sure how this would go. This is his first time, after all.

 

He pays attention a bit more before saying, “I… I think it’s smooth. Like, there aren’t any drastic movements or anything.”

 

Riku nods enthusiastically, “Exactly. Since it’s mostly smooth movements, I think we’ll be done in no time!”

 

Midoriya sincerely hopes that was true. It’s taking a lot out of him.


If it weren’t for Riku’s undeniably infinite patience, Midoriya would’ve combusted by now.

 

“Nope, you should use your arms at full length, it’ll look awkward.” Now and then he’d try to advise the newbie, and Midoriya tried his best to not turn into a strawberry incarnate on the spot.

 

“And one… two… three, and thighs!” Midoriya tried his best to keep up with his counting, to his surprise it made things easier.

 

“Plane and dive, arms then turn, and then arms… good!” Midoriya pants lightly, likely from doing the choreography repeatedly, but he felt… He felt pretty satisfied with the results!

 

“Riku-chan~!” Midoriya freezes in his place, taken by surprise by the voice that called out for his… friend? Teacher? Co-trainee?

 

“Sana!” Riku turns around and greets her with a wave. “Oh~? Stop acting like you’re diligent, Riku, it doesn’t suit you.” Sana teased him with a giggle, “Hey! What’s that supposed to mean?” He pouted, and Midoriya was not all that surprised when he saw Riku pouting.

 

“Oh, hi! I don’t think I’ve seen you here before! My name’s Minatozaki Sana, but you can just call me Sana!”

 

Midoriya didn’t know what to feel about that, so he settled on a compromise like Riku. “My name’s Midoriya Izuku, Sana-san. Nice to meet you.” He bowed a little to show respect.

 

Sana giggled, “Wow, he’s way more polite than you, Riku. Have some dignity, tsk tsk.” Riku gave her a deadpan stare, “Okay, now you’re just playing. Why are you here, aren’t you supposed to be training for Sixteen?”

 

Midoriya’s eyes widened, momentarily forgetting about the fact that Sana’s a contestant for Sixteen.

 

“We are! I’m still waiting on Momo and Mina, but we’ll be practicing today.” Riku nodded. “Should Midoriya-kun and I give way?” Sana shook her head. “They won’t be here for a few minutes. Why don’t you show me what you two are working on?”

 

Midoriya’s vision narrowed before returning to normal. “Well, only if it’s okay with him. Midoriya-kun’s only been here for a few days, but I’m sort of giving him a sneak peek with the ITP in case he decides to join.”

 

“Ahhh, okay. Well, if you decide to dance now, I can try to give you tips not even Riku knows!” Riku gasps, “I’ve been in PYHUE longer than you, you know.” Sana poked her tongue out, “Well, I’m the one chosen with a chance to debut. Come on, Midoriya-kun! You really want to take the advice of this old geezer?”

 

This time, Riku squawks indignantly, “You’re older than me!”

 

Midoriya couldn’t help the small giggles that escape his mouth, sounding melodic to Riku’s and Sana’s ears. In the small amount of time that Sana knew him, she managed to make him laugh! Riku knew her charms worked wonders but seeing them in action feels different.

 

Once Midoriya’s giggles have died down, he gives a shy smile, “Um, I think it’ll be fine. U-Unless you’re busy, of course!” Sana shook her head, “Not at all! Momo and Mina won’t be here for a while. Show me what you got!”

 

Before Midoriya could lose all the fake spine he has, he moves to grab the phone.

 

Riku’s eyes widened a considerable amount, “You sure you want to try dancing with the music on? I mean we will if you really want to.”

 

“I… I think I’ll just do it before I chicken out. I can always just retry, right?” he curiously asked Riku, who smiled in turn. “Yep! That’s the spirit. Sana, could you watch in front of us with the phone and see where we’re missing?”

 

Sana nods, “Sure!” she takes the phone from Midoriya’s hands and sits down in front of them.

 

“Alright, ready when you guys are!” Midoriya and Riku face the mirror, readying for the cue.


Once the chorus ends with their backs facing Sana, she pauses the video and gives a small round of applause. “Wow~! How long did it take for you guys to learn that?”

 

Riku wipes some sweat off his forehead while looking at the clock, “Huh, an hour and a half? Not bad!” Midoriya looks at the clock in disbelief, it had been already past an hour?

 

Riku seemed to notice his state of shock and giggled, “Didn’t seem like much time has passed, yeah? Do you have somewhere to be?”

 

Midoriya pursed his lips before nodding, “Yeah, I told my mom I’d be late, but I didn’t mean this late. Sorry Riku-san, Sana-san. I gotta go.” He bowed a little to show his gratitude, and when he looked at them, he saw Sana and Riku sporting twin pouts, he couldn’t help but be amused to the point where he let out a snort.

 

“Hey! Is there something funny?” Riku pouted harder, and Midoriya found it harder to shake away the grin on his face.

 

He composed himself again, with a gentler smile, “I um, I had a great time.” He waved goodbye and walked out of the studio on his way home.

 

Sana and Riku look at his retreating figure, “He’s a good kid.” She faces Riku and playfully hits him, “Don’t corrupt him.” Riku pulled an incredulous face at her, “What did I do!?”


Izuku enters the door to their home, secretly hoping his mom didn’t panic during the time he was home.


“I’m home!”

 

“Welcome home, Izuku!” He sighed in relief. Looks like everything was fine after all.

 

He took off his shoes seeing his mom in the kitchen heating some food on the stove. “It’s late,” he said, “is this dinner?” he set his bag in their living room to approach Inko.

 

“Oh, this? Well, Mikumo and I already ate. This is for you and your father.” Inko replied, adding a pinch of salt to the mix.

 

“Me and Dad? Is he asleep?”

 

“He isn’t home yet actually. He said he was bound to be busy today and that he’d come home late. Yamada-kun also told me to expect you to be a bit late today because you took an interest in a few extra lessons.”

 

She tastes the stew, deeming it worthy of being eaten. Pulling out two bowls, “So how was it!”

 

Izuku took a seat across her, “Well, it was only a sneak peek. I-I met new people! Mochizuki Riku and Minatozaki Sana.”

 

“Aww, you’re making more friends!” Inko smiled in glee.

 

“Ahh, I hope they think so too. Riku-san and Sana-san seem to be good friends already.”

 

Inko gave her best reassuring look, “I’m sure it’ll work out in the end.”

 

Izuku pursed his lips, unsure of it. He tries to divert his apprehension. “Well, um, Riku-san taught me the parts of the song. He even helped me practice a dance!” Shoving a bite of the meal in his mouth, his mom gleamed.

 

“You sound so excited! He seems like a good friend.”

 

“Yeah, Kamitani-kun said everyone knows him. I think he’s everyone’s friend at this point.”

 

“Kamitani-kun?”

 

Izuku blinks dumbly, “…Have I not told you about them?” Inko’s brows furrow in confusion, “Honey, you always call them your friends. I only know Hanamura-kun when you two talked back when we visited the agency.”

 

Izuku furrows his brows in thought, thinking of all the times he’s mentioned them, and the only sound that comes out of his mouth is, “…Seriously? Like, I haven’t even described them at all?”

 

Inko ponders on it for a moment before ultimately shaking her head. “No, I don’t think so.”

 

Izuku blinks once, twice, three times, even. “…What?


Hisashi couldn’t wipe the stupid grin off his face. After winning the agreement for their company to work with U.A, he couldn’t help himself! It was a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity, and he managed to secure it!

 

Granted that Power Loader approached them first because he himself was the one to supervise the support items they produce, Hisashi couldn’t stop the feeling of pride flowing through him when he knew that he secured the damn offer.

 

So, when he walked through the door of their home, excited to share the good news, confusion hits him like a car.

 

“I’m hom—! Wait, what’s with the weird atmosphere?” Inko’s eyes widened, “Hisashi! Welcome home, I just heat up dinner. Come eat!”

 

Hisashi blinked, “Oookay? Izuku? You okay there?” Inko giggled at his confusion, “Izuku’s been thinking if what I told him was true.”

 

Hisashi tilted his head to the side, “What thing?”

 

“Hm? Oh, I told him he hasn’t really told us anything specific about his friends.”

 

“Ohhh, yeah you’ve only called them friends.”

 

Izuku groaned in his seat and slammed his head on the table.

Notes:

So~? Think I got Chan and Sana's friendship right?

Once they debut, Imma try my best to ease in crack (even tho idk how-) because come on, what's kpop without idols being crackheads XD

Chapter 12

Summary:

Midoriya hesitated for a bit before deciding to join in on their chaos. He hopes he’s making a good choice, “Sorry, Riku-san. If what Sana-san said yesterday was true, I think I’m gonna have to agree with Younghyun-san.”

The way Midoriya says it in a disarming way with an innocent smile hurts Riku’s pride quite a lot. “Ahh! To be betrayed by a friend I’ve known for only a few hours! How ever shall I manage this pain in life?”

And Younghyun snorted, “You’re old, you’ll handle it just fine.”

Riku gasps indignantly, “I’m only two years older than you!”

Notes:

I have returned~ As you can see, I have not abandoned this fic XD I was just overwhelmed with uni and things. (So I do advise you read back a few chapters, freshen up on some of the notes if you forgot because believe me when I say so did I)

Just a gentle reminder that if you already know the group I'm going to play them as they are not exactly the same ^^

Also, Seo Younghyun is a Korean name I randomly picked off the top of my head and I replaced the name from Chapter 10

Seo Younghyun: https://i.pinimg.com/564x/67/1b/41/671b417cac2b4ba30a7f447955b65688.jpg

There's also a pretty good chance the links I post are not working. So if you draw for fun then pls do I'll be fine with it ^^ (Again, they are NOT MINE nor do I claim them. They're only references so I can put a face to the character I'm writing)

Again, please note that I am *shit* at explaining things from a technical standpoint, so expect a lot of skips!

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

In all honesty, Midoriya should’ve seen this coming. After all, Mochizuki Riku was known by all the current trainees, regardless of whether they were a part of the Intensive Trainee Program or not. So, when he checks into their agency, he really should’ve expected to be bombarded by his friends.

 

Huh. Friends. That was nice to say.


Suzuki was the first to ask, “You met Mochizuki Riku!? What was he like!?” Midoriya placed his hands in front of him to keep himself in balance because Suzuki was leaning waaay too close to his face. Thankfully, Kamitani pulled him away before both started to fall.

 

“Cut it out, Yuuto.” “I can’t help it! Everyone admires Mochizuki-san! He’s been training for like, what, four, five years?” Midoriya’s eyes widened, clearly not expecting him to be a trainee for so long.

 

Hanamura noticed it and he laughed. “Shocked, aren’t you?” Midoriya could only nod, a bit dazed from that piece of information. Then he paled quite a bit. “Dude, are you okay? Your face lost quite a bit of color.”

 

Midoriya’s face was drained of color even more, “…I just realized we danced in front of Sana-san…” The sudden declaration ceased all current happenings, and everyone’s attention was on him. Then came the collective yell of,

 

“WHAT!?” Midoriya unknowingly grabbed Hanamura’s arm as his knees slowly give away, leaving him lying on the floor. “W-Wait, Midoriya-kun you’re falling— Midoriya—!”

 

Midoriya is now lying on his side, looking like his soul was sucked out of him.


Once Midoriya has calmed down, the four of them sat together, patiently waiting for Midoriya’s entire being to return to its natural color instead of bed sheet white. When his blood decided to circulate again, he spoke up.

 

“So, um, Suzuki-san, remember that thing I had with Yamada-san yesterday?” Suzuki nods, “Yeah, you wanted to ask him something. Is that what it was?”

 

Midoriya shakes his head, denying the assumption. “Not exactly. I um… I asked Hanamura-kun about our seniors like 2PM and GOT7. I uh… I also remember when you asked what I wanted to be, so I started… I started searching for things like dance performances.”

 

Hanamura would be lying if he said he wasn’t a bit touched by the fact that he helped ignite a flame in Midoriya. “So, what did you ask Yamada-san about?”

 

“Well, he’s the CEO of PYHUE, isn’t he? I asked if there were um… ways for me to know if I want to be on stage…” Midoriya said the last part in a whisper that the three other guys nearly missed what he said, but grins slowly decorated their faces, and Kamitani spoke up, “Oh? Our Midoriya wants to be on center stage?” he teased.

 

Midoriya went to the opposite side of the spectrum and his face burst into a strawberry shade, “N-N-No! I-I don’t e-even k-now i-if I want t-to!” Hanamura laughs brightly as Midoriya’s face continues to flush a deeper shade of red. “Careful there, you’re starting to combust!”

 

Midoriya huffed out a pout, and he forced himself to return his face to its natural shade.

 

“Why am I being teased…” he grumbled to himself, but apparently, Suzuki heard which only made him laugh more. “Well anyway… Yamada-san introduced me to Riku-san and—”

 

“Wait a minute, Riku-san?” Midoriya nodded shyly, “Yeah, he told me to call him that. He said ‘Mochizuki-san’ was a mouthful. But uh, yeah. He took me to one of the dance studios and we were practicing dance.”

 

Hanamura dramatically leaned back, “Oh to have a chance to practice with Mochizuki-san. What else happened?”

 

“So um, Sana-san she was supposed to practice with two other people, but she was early. Apparently, she’s good friends with Riku-san so… That’s how practice went.”

 

Kamitani let out a whistle, “Damn, it’s only been a few weeks and you’re making connections left and right. I’ve been here for about one year and I still don’t know if I want to make this into a career.”

 

Midoriya denied it. “I don’t think I’m making connections—”

 

“Midoriya-kun!” His attention was stolen by a voice he remembers quite recently. “Riku-san?”

 

The rest of Midoriya’s friends froze in shock and awe that Mochizuki Riku just skipped over to them. “Yep! Glad to see you didn’t forget me after one session! Are they your friends?” Midoriya gave a shy chuckle, “I don’t think anyone could forget you, and yeah they are. D-Did you need something?”

 

Riku snapped his fingers, “I have a session right now with the other kid I’m helping. Seo Younghyun’s his name. Do you want to join us?” Midoriya pursed his lips before giving a smile, “Are you sure? I’m not in the ITP, are they fine with that?”

 

Riku blinked, “Oh, you mean Younghyun? Yeah, I spoke with him before coming to you. But if you’re with your friends right now, it’s okay, he won’t mind.”

 

Midoriya pursed his lips in thought, unsure of what to do.

 

That is, until he felt a light push from his shoulder. He looked over his shoulder and saw Suzuki. “Go for it. You said you’re trying to figure things out for yourself, it’s okay. If you want to hang out later, you can text!”

 

Midoriya looked around him, seeing nothing but supportive smiles from all three of them. He couldn’t help but return the smile. “Thanks, guys. I’ll see you later?” Kamitani nods, “Yeah, now go. Not everyone gets the chance to train with Mochizuki-san.”

 

Riku chuckled, bringing them back to reality. “Your friends are flattering, Midoriya-kun. But please, call me Riku.”

 

Hanamura bows, “Yes, Riku-senpai.” Said person laughs again, “You can ditch the senpai. It’s okay.”

 

“Oh, um… Okay, Riku-san.” Riku help but coo, “Midoriya-kun your friends are adorable! Come on, let’s not keep Younghyunnie waiting!” Midoriya bids his friends goodbye and follows Riku to whichever studio he even came from.


“So! A little info a bit Younghyun, he’s a year older than you, he’s Korean, he joined the ITP two years ago, and he only looks intimidating, but I promise you he’s the sweetest!”

 

Midoriya didn’t know how to respond to that information, so he only nodded in response. Riku pushed the door open, “Younghyunnie~ We’re here!”

 

Seo Younghyun, dressed in all black and rings, looked up from his spot by the couch. “Oh, Hyung, you’re here. Is he the one you were telling me about?” Midoriya blinked, ‘Hyung?’

 

“It’s an honorific they have back in South Korea. It’s how a younger guy calls an older guy. They could be siblings or close friends.” Midoriya’s entire face flushed, not realizing he said those things out loud. “Sorry… My brain-to-mouth filter doesn’t work well.”

 

Younghyun chuckled at him, “Where’d you find him, Hyung? He looks pretty new, too.” Midoriya rubbed the back of his neck, shy at the fact of being found out. “Um, yeah, I just joined a few weeks ago. Maybe a month? Not sure.”

 

Younghyun’s eyes widened, “Wow, that’s quite recent. What made you join?”

 

Midoriya answered, “Well um, I just thought I should try. I… I wanted to be something else but knew it wouldn’t work out.”

 

The older of the two nodded, “I get it. Still, welcome! It’s been me and Hyung for a while, but I hope you enjoy being with two crackheads!” Riku nearly dropped the laptop he was holding with the scandalous comment Younghyun let out, “Hey! Don’t believe anything Younghyun says, he’s the only crackhead here.”

 

“That’s not what the video from the video a few days ago implies—”

 

“If you show him that, I will end you.”

 

Midoriya couldn’t help but laugh at the exchange they just had. Honestly, he couldn’t believe he was nervous right before meeting them.

 

“See, even Midoriya-kun agrees with me!” Younghyun brought him into the conversation. “He does not! I’m not a crackhead, right Midoriya-kun?”

 

Midoriya hesitated for a bit before deciding to join in on their chaos. He hopes he’s making a good choice, “Sorry, Riku-san. If what Sana-san said yesterday was true, I think I’m gonna have to agree with Younghyun-san.”

 

The way Midoriya says it in a disarming way with an innocent smile hurts Riku’s pride quite a lot. “Ahh! To be betrayed by a friend I’ve known for only a few hours! How ever shall I manage this pain in life?”

 

And Younghyun snorted, “You’re old, you’ll handle it just fine.”

 

Riku gasps indignantly, “I’m only two years older than you!”

 

“You’re still old!” Midoriya’s melodic laugh filled the room, quickly relieving the pseudo tension. Younghyun smiles, “You know what, Midoriya-kun?” Midoriya looked over to Younghyun’s place on the couch, “What is it, Younghyun-san?”

 

“I think you and I are going to get along just fine. And drop the honorific. If you’re going to use one, I’d prefer it if you used ‘hyung’ instead.”

 

Midoriya blinked, “So um, Y-Younghyun-hyung?”

 

Something must’ve awakened inside this sleeping beast. Younghyun stood up from his place on the couch and went to gently squish Midoriya’s cheeks. “You shall be named squishy, and you shall be mine.”

 

Midoriya’s brows furrowed; all he could do was let out a muffled version of “What?”

 

Younghyun turned to Riku, “Hyung, we’re keeping him.” Riku couldn’t keep the bubbling laugh inside of him, clearly enamored by their antics. “Okay, under one condition.”

 

Midoriya and Younghyun turn to him, “If you’re going to call Younghyunnie ‘hyung’ then you better call me ‘hyung’ too!”

 

Midoriya sighs, but a fond smile sets on his face. “Okay. Whatever you say, Riku-hyung.”

 

Riku celebrates in excitement, just like a kid, while Younghyun shakes his head in exasperation.


“So, Midoriya, tell me something about yourself! What’ve you been practicing for now?” Midoriya got caught off guard by the sudden drop of the honorific, but he answered anyway. “I’m um, I’ve only practiced vocal lessons and a few dance choreographies. I practiced with Riku-s—err, Riku-hyung yesterday.”

 

Younghyun nods, “Hmm, okay. Have you covered any songs before or anything like that?”

 

Midoriya makes a so-so gesture. “I kind of danced that Sunflower class you had before joining, then yesterday MAMA by Exo. As for singing, I only did that Part of your World from my first day, but nothing else.”

 

“Mm, so you’ve only tried the basic parts of training and stuff like that. I suppose that’s to be expected. You just joined, after all. Has Yoshino-hyung been helpful?”

 

“Yeah, he is.” Midoriya nodded. “He’s been helping me keep track of what to do or what to eat so I can keep up with the rest of the class.”

 

Riku looked behind as he pulls up the files he planned for their short session. “Wait, you’ve never tried rapping yet?” Midoriya shook his head. “The closest thing I’ve done for rap was to start mumbling out of nowhere…”

 

Laughing brightly, “Aww, I heard about that! Some people were talking about how they thought you were freestyle rapping during warm-ups!” Midoriya started to flush from head to toe, collapsing onto the couch. He brought his knees to his chest and his head to his knees, trying his best to make himself look as small as possible.

 

“People are talking about it?” He whined, gathering both boys’ attention. Younghyun smiled before ruffling his hair, “He’s a literal ball of sunshine. How are you real?”

 

It only made Midoriya whine in embarrassment even harder, much to the two older boys’ entertainment.


Once Midoriya stopped compressing himself, Riku showed him his laptop. “Alright, we’ll stop teasing you. For now, at least.” Midoriya pouted but nods at the sentiment. “Younghyunnie and I have this track, it’s nothing big. Anyone could come up with it, but we’re still trying to have a feel for things. We even have a few things recorded. Do you want to listen?”

 

Midoriya nods, “Sure. After all, I came here to learn, right?” Riku nods excitedly. “Okay. Here, put these on.”

 

Midoriya puts the headphones on, listening to the music intently.


Midoriya, Riku, and Younghyun didn’t realize that they’d been making progress for the past few hours. They only realized they were going at it for quite some time when Midoriya’s stomach started to rumble.

 

Riku looked at him, “Are you hungry already? What time is it?” Riku looked around for the clock then his eyes widened. “It’s already noon?” Younghyun nearly got whiplash from how fast he turned his head. “What?” He turned to Midoriya, “Dude, you should eat. It’s bad to skip lunch.”

 

The youngest frowned, “What about you two?” He asked. “Aren’t you two gonna eat?” Riku shook his head. “Since we joined the ITP, we’re on a heavily monitored diet. We’re trying to maintain our health.”

 

Midoriya tilted his head, “You’re dieting?” Riku makes a so-so gesture. “It’s more of a fasting kind of thing. Don’t worry, it’s carefully monitored by Yoshi-nii and a registered dietician. Go eat lunch with your friends.” He smiled, giving Midoriya the go signal that it was fine. Midoriya looked between his new friends in hesitation, but he ultimately decided to eat with his friends.

 

“Alright… Are we doing anything later?” Younghyun shook his head. “No, I don’t think so. I have dance practice.”

 

“O-Okay… See you around!” Midoriya stood up, heading for the door but before he could go out, Riku grabbed his hand. “Wait!” Midoriya’s eyes widened, and he flinched quite harshly. Riku immediately backed off. “Shit, s-sorry, dude. I-I didn’t mean to.”

 

Midoriya rubbed his wrist and tried to calm his breathing. “N-No, it’s fine—” “It’s not. I shouldn’t have grabbed you like that, I’m sorry.”

 

Midoriya blinked clearly not expecting it to happen. “Oh um… you’re fine, Riku-s, err, Riku-hyung. Promise.” Riku purses his lips as he nods. “I just um… I just wanted to give you my number. Even if you don’t decide to join the ITP, you can um, you can keep in touch with me and Younghyun!”

 

“W-Wouldn’t you two be busy?” Midoriya asked.

 

“Yeah, we’re definitely going to be busy but,” Midoriya’s gaze shifts to Younghyun, “that doesn’t mean we can’t keep on being friends. What do you say?” Midoriya’s gaze travels between the two older guys. He really isn’t sure. After all, both of them are in the ITP while he isn’t.

 

Midoriya purses his lips, “Um… Maybe next time? I really don’t want to bother you when you’re working and I didn’t know…” Riku looked ready to deny it, but Younghyun beat him to it. “Don’t worry about it, Midoriya. Next time, then?” Midoriya shows them a gentle smile this time. “Alright, see you next time.”

 

As the youngest of the three leave the recording studio, Riku faces Younghyun, “You think we’ll get each other’s numbers soon? I like how we work. Everything falls into place.”

 

Younghyun shrugs, “Who’s to say? But yeah, I get what you mean. Working with him is pretty great.”


Midoriya walks into the agency’s food court, looking around for his friend group. It wasn’t really that hard to find them. After all, a combination of three pastel hair colors wasn’t really that hard to find amongst a sea of people.

 

Suzuki’s eyes met his and he waved him over, “Midoriya-kun! Over here!” Midoriya sees him and walks over to them. He sits beside Kamitani as he places his lunch in front. Hanamura gave him a bit of time before badgering him.

 

“So~ how was it?” Midoriya rubbed the back of his head, “I uh, I think it went pretty well, actually.” Kamitani raised a brow, “Oh? What did you guys do the entire time, then?”

 

As Midoriya reminisces about the things they covered the past few hours ago, he contemplates if he should’ve gotten their numbers. He enjoyed learning under them. Don’t get him wrong, Nakata-san’s and Yoshino-san’s training was fine as is, but as he learns in an in-depth manner, he couldn’t help but want to learn more.

 

There was, however, the issue of the fact that he isn’t an ITP Trainee. He was only a regular kid that spends his free time learning how to sing and learning how to dance. There weren’t any clear paths that he could take.

 

Since he wasn’t an ITP Trainee, he didn’t want to take so much of their time that they could be using for training themselves. After all, they’re training to debut. Who wouldn’t want to practice their skills, right?

 

Fortunately, Hanamura seemed to pick up on his dilemma. “You okay there, Midoriya-kun?” Midoriya faced him, attention clearly obtained. “You seem to have quite a lot on your mind.”

 

“Was it obvious?” Midoriya asked with a crease on his brows. “It’s more like you kind of look like you’re looking for answers. Kind of like asking yourself a lot of questions. Maybe we could help!”

 

Midoriya thought about it for a while before ultimately deciding that help was fine and that he could use the fresh perspective. He tells them his dilemma and he waits for their response.

 

Hanamura spoke first since he was the one who asked. “Well, I’d say shoot your shot. If they’re offering, insisting even, there’s absolutely no reason you should decline. It’s helpful for you. You should take it.”

 

Suzuki was quick to agree. “Yeah! If they were really genuine, then I really see no problem in agreeing to take it!”

 

Before giving in his own thoughts, Kamitani had questions of his own. “I don’t mean to offend you when I ask but, do you feel like you’re greedy if you take on their help?” Midoriya hesitantly nods, confirming Kamitani’s thoughts.

 

“Well… If you feel guilty for taking up their time, why not join the ITP with them?”

 

Hanamura and Suzuki turn to him with wide eyes, but Midoriya gazes at him with curiosity. “Tadashi, that’s quite a longshot… Midoriya-kun hasn’t even been here for long.” Yuuto pointed out.


“Yeah, don’t worry, I get that. But also, Midoriya-kun said he’s not really sure what he’s going to do in the future. The ITP is already there, and he can always ask Yamada-san for advice regarding the matter. Either way, it gets rid of the guilt factor, and it also doubles as help for your future.”

 

Kamitani made a great point, Midoriya can agree with him. But he also sees Suzuki’s point that he hasn’t been here for long. He might be pushing it by saying he should join the ITP, but he… he enjoyed learning those types of things.

 

He might not have any solid conclusions now, but one thing’s for sure:

 

He’ll be asking his Uncle Yamada about this quite soon.


“The ITP? You’re interested in joining?”

 

Izuku shyly nodded, slightly embarrassed at the fact. “Well, truthfully speaking, the Intensive Trainee Program is not for everyone. You see some people come and go because it’s really designed for people that want to debut.”

 

“You know Sixteen? Those sixteen girls have been training under PYHUE for quite some time. I think Jihyo’s been here for like, what, ten years? It takes a toll on the body and the mind. Not only would you have to learn different dance moves and different singing techniques, acting lessons, and whatnot, but because the ITP’s target demographic is in South Korea, you’ll have to take language lessons, too.”

 

Yamada takes a second and looks at Izuku, “Now, I’m not saying these things to discourage you. I’m saying these things because these are the factors you need to consider if you were ever to join the ITP. But…”

 

Having a hard time deciding if he should tell Izuku about the risks, he took a long time pondering that Izuku asked him the question. “But what? Are there um…” He himself didn’t know how to finish the question, but it was enough for Yamada to make the decision of telling him.

 

“I… Again, I’m not saying these things to discourage you, Izuku-kun. Please keep that in mind. The music industry is harsh. It might even be potentially harsher than the heroics industry in some aspects and… I’m worried… It takes a huge toll on the person and Izuku… You just got cleared by Inui-san that you don’t have to take mandatory sessions with him. I worried that this might affect you.”

 

Izuku carefully nods. He completely understands where Yamada was coming from. He isn’t speaking as PYHUE’s CEO right now, he’s speaking as his uncle. He supposes it’s fine. He was only asking, anyway. There’s no guarantee yet.

 

…Although somewhere at the back of his mind, something itches, and he can’t help but feel like maybe decisions are slowly being made for him already.

Notes:

Pacing this story is absolutely killing me -___- but lemme know what you think!

Chapter 13

Summary:

Suzuki pouted playfully, “Aww, if you’re going to join the ITP, we won’t be able to hang out as much.” Kamitani slapped his arm, making the blond recoil. “Don’t make him feel bad, dude.”

“Right, hehe, my bad.” Midoriya shook his head. “No, Suzuki’s got a point. You… You’re my friends,” he doesn’t notice their faces brightening. “I don’t… You remember the thing at the park. I don’t exactly have friends outside of you guys, I don’t want to…

Midoriya lost his thoughts, unable to voice them out for fear of being ridiculed. “Hey,” Hanamura placed a hand on his shoulders, “Whether you take the chance to join the ITP or not, we won’t hold you back.”

Notes:

Firstly, I apologize for the long update. This chapter was just not doing it for me with the timeline issues that I don't want to fix anymore, and because I'm attending University and it really held me. I also wanna say that yes, I know Sixteen aired on the 5th of May 2015, but I just moved it back because my brain does not keep these details filed. And I know the timeline's a bit fucked up with this shit because no matter how hard I try, my brain can never organize itself well, so let's all pretend that this shit makes sense and pretend that all is well :'>

Also, the folders, all the things I mentioned, all of those are absolutely made up and I only have snippets of ideas on what goes on in a trainee's regular day

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

Izuku sighs, slamming his forehead on their dinner table. After that very enlightening talk with his Uncle Yamada, his dilemma, quite frankly, only grew. Inko looked over at him, “Izuku? Is there something on your mind?” she asked.

 

Sighing for the umpteenth time, he raised his head and rested it on his palm. “It’s nothing, I just asked Uncle Yamada for advice regarding the agency.” Inko stopped ruffling through their drawers and sat down across from Izuku. “Well, do you want to fill me in on what you were asking him?”

 

He started recounting his problems for the past few… days? Weeks? He’s not sure how long it has been, but that’s not the point. “Just a couple of weeks ago my friends and I walked around in the park, and we were asking each other what we wanted to be when we grow up. I told them I didn’t know, so a few days later I asked Hanamura-kun about the other things the company does or has to offer.”

 

“So, he sent me some video recommendations for other groups like GOT7, and then there’s also this one group back in South Korea called EXO, and then I started listening to their music but then one time I ended up on another mumble spree which in turn led me to ask Uncle Yamada on what I should do, so he sent me to one of the members in the Intensive Trainee Program.”

 

Then I met Riku-hyung. He’s like, three years older than me, and apparently, everyone respects him there in PYHUE. We spent the entire afternoon practicing this one dance and then we invited Sana-san, another trainee in the ITP and a contestant for Sixteen, the girl group PYHUE plans to produce this year by June, and then we danced in front of her for pointers and stuff!”

 

“The latest one just happened like, last weekend? I don’t remember but, I met up with Riku-hyung again with another trainee in the ITP, his name’s Younghyun-hyung, and then we spent the entire time just making progress and then they also taught me about rapping and producing and all sorts of things as if they just had free time or whatever. By lunch, they tried to get my phone number, but I couldn’t just give it to them because I just realized I spent time with ITP trainees, and I felt so bad because they could’ve been using that time to train instead of teaching me the basics they already know!”

 

“I thought the logical course of action was to go to Uncle Yamada because, well, he should know what to do I mean he is managing PYHUE. I told him about all the things I’ve been considering and stuff like that, right? And then Uncle Yamada gave me great points to consider like the more intense vocal lessons, more intense dance lessons, acting lessons, and things like that. But then!”

 

Inko started to crease her brows. Don’t get her wrong, she’s able to keep up just fine with her son’s ramblings. (She argues he got it from her)

 

She was starting to worry a bit about how her son’s been bottling things up again.

 

“Uncle Yamada told me that the Music Industry could potentially be harsher than the Heroic Industry and he’s worried because I might… He’s worried I might relapse or something because I just got cleared by Inui-san, and the training they get is, apparently, so intense that some people end up quitting… I don’t know what to do.”

 

Izuku finally took a breath, and he sinks into his chair. Inko took that as a sign that she should give her opinions on the situation. “Well… I do appreciate that your Uncle Yamada worries over you and that he gives advice when you ask him. But, at the end of the day, those are his worries and his pieces of advice. You don’t have to know right now, that’s okay.”

 

She takes Izuku’s hand into hers, “But just know, it’s not going to be like last time.” Izuku stared up at her in confusion. “No matter what you choose, baby, I promise you: You’ll have my full support.”

 

Those words in themselves were quite simple in nature. They were just that: words of support.

 

To one Midoriya Izuku, however, those words were more than that. To him, they were symbols that his mom fully accepted him, quirk or no quirk. To him, it’s an apology for not believing in him sooner. To him, it’s an acknowledgment that she sees him and that she’ll always be by his side.

 

Right on cue, the famous Midoriya tears made their way to their eyes. Sobs shook the younger Midoriya’s body, which was immediately wrapped by a mother’s warm embrace.

 

The little sobs attracted the attention of the two other members of the house, but with how Hisashi saw Inko patting Izuku’s head, he supposes everything would be just fine. He tapped Mikumo’s shoulder, “Hey bud, let’s just give your mom and your brother some space. We’ll have uh… Oh! We’ll have a game night later! What do you say?” Hisashi put a finger to his lips to signal that Mikumo should be quiet, and the youngest of the family enthusiastically nodded.

 

So, they went to Mikumo’s room, and Hisashi was bombarded by questions while the two of them played, letting Inko and Izuku be by themselves in their living room.


The following day left Midoriya with some resolve. After that little heart-to-heart that he had with his mother, the struggles that he had been worrying about was quelled for now. He resolved that his next course of action was more of a test phase.

 

He entered PYHUE’s main lobby and headed straight for Yamada’s office.

 

“Come in!” Izuku gently opens the door as he enters his office. “Izuku-kun? To what do I owe the pleasure?” He asked. “Hello, Uncle Yamada. I spoke with my mom yesterday. I asked her for advice on what I should do, and it was helpful.”

 

He steeled his gaze, respectful but unmoving. “Is there an alternative before joining the ITP? A free trial of sorts.” Yamada places down the document he’s been holding in favor of the conversation. “The Intensive Trainee Program does indeed have its free trial. It’s a week-long event, and in that week, you’ll be exposed to all the things the trial has in store for you.”

 

“The first two days will be a sort of personality evaluation. Depending on how you show yourself, that’s when the company is going to carefully plan out how to manage your character. The ITP produces celebrities. So, if you’ve shown yourself as someone outgoing, then your stage presence training, acting, and projection would be applied to you. If you’re more reserved, same thing.”

 

“For the entire week, you’ll be focusing on intense versions of singing, and dancing, and you’ll be taking the designed course for you, maybe even rapping, then there’s acting, and there’s also the language course. That’s going to be distributed throughout the seven days, and that’s the average ITP trainee schedule.”

 

With every factor of the ITP that Yamada mentions, Izuku isn’t going to lie and say that his resolve didn’t waver.

 

“Truth be told, Izuku, those kids in the ITP have… They don’t have much socializing outside PYHUE. Once school ends, they go here directly training their butts off. Sometimes until midnight, they don’t sleep. Don’t worry, though. If you really want to try it out, PYHUE will offer you that free trial. Joining it, however, is a different story.”

 

Izuku does that thing where he tilts his head like a lost puppy. “Why? What are the requirements for actually joining the ITP?”

 

Yamada pulls out folders. Folders of the current trainees and those who have debuted. “Well, if you’d take a look at this one,” he hands Izuku a folder, “you’ll see the typical general information. Name, age, address, and things like that. PYHUE is still responsible for the safety of the children, after all.”

 

He points to the box below, labeled Strengths. Izuku hums, “Easily connects with the audience, capable of choreographing and arranging their own performance… They audition?”

 

Yamada nods. “Most trainees do. Another person handles that department, but I’m still the head of PYHUE so everything technically falls under me, so I know these kids.” He chuckles a bit, “Add them to the kids I teach back to U.A, there are so many kids I keep track of, to be honest.”

 

Izuku hands the folder back to Yamada. With all the facts and factors that have been placed in front of him, his decision is completely affected. Now he has to ensure that his decision is not something he’ll regret.

 

He bows to Yamada for his time, proceeding to continue with the rest of his day as he ponders on it for one more time.


“The free trial? You want to test it out?” Hanamura had asked him. Midoriya nods. “Truthfully, when I asked Yamada-san about it, he told me all it entails, and there were so many things… But I really want to try. I even asked my mom yesterday about what I should do but, in the end, this is what I ended up with.”

 

Suzuki pouted playfully, “Aww, if you’re going to join the ITP, we won’t be able to hang out as much.” Kamitani slapped his arm, making the blond recoil. “Don’t make him feel bad, dude.”

 

“Right, hehe, my bad.” Midoriya shook his head. “No, Suzuki’s got a point. You… You’re my friends,” he doesn’t notice their faces brightening. “I don’t… You remember the thing at the park. I don’t exactly have friends outside of you guys, I don’t want to…

 

Midoriya lost his thoughts, unable to voice them out for fear of being ridiculed. “Hey,” Hanamura placed a hand on his shoulders, “Whether you take the chance to join the ITP or not, we won’t hold you back.”

 

Midoriya looked at him with eyes decorated by the family tears, and all three boys were alarmed, “Y-You don’t think it’s selfish…?” he hesitantly asked. Kamitani shook his head. “No, heavens no. If anything, we admire the fact that you have something planned for what you want to be. We three are still undecided.”

 

The tears slowly flowed down, alarming the three boys further. “Don’t worry… Happy tears…” the three of them exchanged fond looks, amused by the Midoriya Family’s Tears.


“I really should knock by now…” Yes, you really should. Midoriya’s been pacing for quite a while now, and it’s not really improving anything. It’s true that Riku implied that if Midoriya needed help, he’d help him but all he could think about is the probability of Riku being busy and that he’d accidentally disturb him.

 

“Midoriya-kun?” A squeak escaped the younger, startled by the sudden call of his name. He faced the source of the voice to face a familiar… well, face. “Y-Younghyun-hyung! Hi!”

 

The older held a small smirk, amused by his antics. “If you’re worried about distracting Riku-hyung, don’t be. Believe me, a distraction’s exactly what he needs. He’s been going at it for like, five, six hours? I don’t remember.”

 

Younghyun strides past him, opening the door with no warning whatsoever. “RIKU-HYUNG!” He shouts. The teen in question shouts back in equal volume, “WHAT!? CAN’T YOU SEE I’M WORKING?”

 

Younghyun turns to Midoriya and whispers, “Don’t mind him.”

 

“Midoriya-kun’s here.” Riku immediately shot up in glee, “Midoriya-kun!” said Riku, almost knocking over a few very important objects. He grasped one of Midoriya’s hands and started to shake it up and down repeatedly. “You’re here! Why are you here? Is something wrong?” Midoriya couldn’t help but share the excitement the older showed him.

 

“Hi, Riku-hyung. No, don’t worry, nothing’s wrong, but I… I did come for some help.” It piqued the other boys’ interest. “Oh? What kind of help?”

 

Midoriya took a breath, already knowing he was going to go off into another one of his tangents. “Just a few days ago, I asked Yamada-san if he has any alternatives instead of just immediately joining the Intensive Trainee Program, I plan on joining the free trial first, but to do that I kind of need just one more push of convincing because he’s actually quite a bit wary of me joining but don’t worry! His wariness isn’t unfounded, he has good reasons why but to lower his guards and concerns about my joining, I’m going to need you.”

 

“This… It’s actually quite callous and presumptuous of me to drop all of these on you, considering we did just meet. It’s a pretty big favor so um, you can tell me no if not, but I just need one reason for him to not worry about me.”

 

Younghyun’s eyebrows start to furrow, “Wait, back up a bit, Yamada-san’s worried? I know he’s thorough when it comes to speaking about how to join the ITP, but I’ve never heard of him being worried. Is it okay to ask? You can say no, of course. Just like last time, we won’t push you.”

 

Midoriya let out a breath he didn’t know he was holding. “Thank you… As I’ve said, his worry isn’t unfounded. There are… personal reasons why he does. If I can at least show him that I have someone to… you know…”

 

Younghyun caught on pretty quick. He took that as a perfect teasing opportunity. “Ooohhhhh! I get it! You want your two hyungs to take care of you while you’re on the free trial! You want our help with these things, yeah?”

 

“W-Well!” Midoriya suddenly tenses up at the teasing, “I don’t mean like, taking care of me literally! I-I-I just meant that I could maybe have some guidance!”

 

Younghyun tries his best to keep the laughter to himself, finding Midoriya’s flustered moment adorable. Riku shoves him away, “The dude’s asking for help and you’re teasing him.” He shook his head at Younghyun’s childishness. “Don’t mind him, he has a screw loose. But I can assure you we’d be glad to help!”

 

Looking up with wide eyes, “Really? You’ll do it?” Riku chuckles at the small ball of purity in front of him. “Of course! I can tell you want to be friends. After all, you wouldn’t have come here to ask for our help if you didn’t, but I also thought this was the perfect opportunity to not just teach you what we know but to also broaden your opportunities!”

 

Midoriya beamed, radiating energy like one big sun. “Thank you. It means a lot.” He bowed to show his gratitude but was immediately stopped by his seniors. “Whoa, whoa, there’s no need for that!”

 

Midoriya stares a little wide-eyed, but he nods resolutely.

 

And now for his final act: Convince one (1) Yamada Hizashi to let him participate.


“…Sho, be honest with me.” Hizashi said on the phone. He got a noncommittal huff in turn. “If… If you had one of your hero kids just come from a traumatic mission, a mission that went south, and then another mission comes along and they want to participate, would you let them?”

 

It takes a few quiet moments before Shouta answers from his end. “Well, it depends, really. Pending that the kid is well, yeah, I would.”

 

“But Shouta—” “This is about Midoriya, isn’t it?” Hizashi stopped in his tracks, not expecting Shouta to bring it up. “Zashi, I get that you’re worried about the kid. Believe me, I do. We even treat him like our own nephew. But you have to understand, we’re only here to advise him.”

 

“I know you only want what’s best for the kid, but you have to let him explore on his own. Sure, Izuku may not be in his best state. After all, it’s only been like, what, three, four weeks? If his state of being starts to deteriorate, then you pull him out, explain why you had to, and help him. Besides, you won’t be alone, and he won’t be alone either. You have me, Hound Dog, and the kid’s parents. What are you afraid of?"

 

A knock on the door broke the little conversation bubble he and Shouta were having. “Yamada-san? Can we come in?”

 

“Just a moment, Listener!” Hizashi sighs with a fond smile, “You’re right, Shouta. Thanks.”

 

“Yeah, yeah, whatever.” Shouta hung up the phone and Zashi shook his head in fondness. “You can come in, now!”

 

Right on cue, the three boys enter the room, catching Yamada off guard. “Rikkun? Younghyun? What are you two doing here?”

 

The former smiled, “Midoriya-kun asked us to come to sort of present his case. If you’d allow it, that is.”

 

Yamada sat down, head leaning forwards, awaiting Izuku’s explanation… not knowing that he already has a decision in mind.

 

And on he goes, presenting details about how he was still undecided about where exactly this will take him, about how the free trial is going to be one large asset for him to figure things out. He also mentions that it might be a bit callous of him to use the company in that way. Of course, there’s the last point he made:

 

“I uh… I know how much you worry about me, Yamada-san, so I… I brought these two.” Midoriya gestures to his two older friends. “Younghyun-hyung and Riku-hyung have been very kind to me, even though we’ve only met a few times. They’ve been sort of teaching me a few things, too.”

 

It dawned on him that it might not have been legal on their part to share their knowledge to non-ITP Trainees.

 

“B-But! Please don’t punish them if it’s not allowed!” Yamada chuckles, “Don’t worry about it, Midoriya-kun. What was it you were going to say?” Midoriya composed himself again. “I um… I brought them to show you that you won’t have to worry about me as much. In the very short time that I’ve known them, they’ve been accommodating, and they’ve been patient, and understanding.”

 

Riku took a little off-script approach. “Yamada-san, we’re not really aware of details about why you’re worried, and we’re not going to push the both of you to tell us what they are, but please believe us when we say we’ll take care of Midoriya-kun.”

 

“That’s right,” Younghyun said from Midoriya’s opposite side. “We might not know each other for long, but…” he looks to Riku, as if looking for confirmation. He gives him a nod, in turn. “We feel like Midoriya’s exactly what we need, Yamada-san. Please let us have the opportunity to learn with him.” They both bowed their heads and Midoriya stood in between, clearly dumbfounded.

 

Yamada frowns a bit, “Boys, I appreciate your enthusiasm, but it’s still a free trial. Even if you did find Midoriya-kun here as a suitable addition, he still has to audition if he wants to keep up with the ITP right after. And even then, he might not be accepted by the Team.”

 

Raising their heads, they look at Midoriya if he has any plans for that.

 

“I… I can’t promise that I’ll join the ITP after, but what I can promise is for the duration of the free trial, I’ll be working my hardest.”

 

The three of them finished making their points, they awaited Yamada’s verdict.

 

“Well, I can tell you that I’ve already made the decision before you even made your points.” All three of them took sharp intakes of breaths, awaiting the continuation. “You don’t need to look so tense, listeners.” Yamada let out a chuckle, easing the kids’ nerves.

 

“Midoriya-kun,” he called his attention and smiled, “let’s get started on the paperwork for your free trial, shall we?”

 

Happiness immediately spread through their faces, warming Yamada’s heart. “Midoriya-kun, you just need to fill these forms out, and you’ll start on Sunday!”

 

And soon, Midoriya Izuku’s next phase will begin.

Notes:

I'm exhausted and this chapter was just... a mess. I don't think I can make it better, but hopefully, the next one is a bit more enticing. Again, I apologize for being this late. The lateness might be a regular thing.

Chapter Text

Alright, let's start, shall we?

With a heavy heart, (wow, so formal) I regret to inform you that I have decided to discontinue this fic.

If you guys have not figured it out yet, this was supposed to be a Stray Kids crossover, but then I decided to stop writing.

Why, you ask? Well, before I even began writing this, I knew it would've been a tremendous feat. I would've had to dig deep through Stray Kids's history up to now

However, with Stray Kids's rise through the industry, I decided it would be too large of a task to handle. I even started out with so much passion and yet it burned down.

(Also because my fucking phone broke and I lost *all* the data on how to proceed)

I suppose the only thing we can do is support them, yeah?

Stray kids everywhere all around the world, you make stray kids stay <3

Watch out for the comeback, see you in another fic.

Cheers, everyone, and my sincerest apologies I couldn't finish this fic with you.