Actions

Work Header

Play It Cool

Summary:

You never believed in love at first sight. That is, until you met your new boyfriend.

He was so cute and adorable and wonderful and awesome and God you loved him so much. But if he knew how much of a freak you were, he'd want nothing to do with you.

So you gotta keep calm. Stay cool. And never, EVER let him know you've been sneaking into his house at night.

Meanwhile, a certain boyfriend is thinking the exact same thing.

(Or: Two Yanderes mutually fall in love and desperately try to hide their freakiness from each other. With varying success.)

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Chapter 1: Is It Thirst If You Just Wanna Cuddle?

Chapter Text

You were chilling out, minding your own business, breathing in the sweet scent of nature and quiet, when someone plonked down onto the bench next to you. 

It was so outta nowhere that you screeched, flailed, and almost bashed your head on the stones below. 

Thankfully, before you could get a life-ending medical bill, a pair of arms wrapped around your waist and caught you before you fell. 

“Hey! Careful there, stranger!” 

You opened your eyes -- and came face to face with the most adorable thing you’ve ever seen. 

Big blue eyes, so big that you could’ve sworn they took up half his face, so blue that they were practically glowing. A wide smile that shifted to a concerned frown, the cute quirk of his lips itching to be kissed. Smooth skin, squishy skin, with cheeks that were begging to be pinched and cradled. And an expressive, open face that was so honest that it reminded you of a puppy. 

There was worry in those beautiful blue eyes, more worry you could ever recall getting from someone, like you were the most precious thing in the world. His grip around you was careful, gentle, and as he pulled you back onto the bench he even gave your back a little pat, as though to comfort you. 

He looked concerned, like you got into a serious accident instead of just tripping on your ass like an idiot. You could see him scanning you, looking for any injuries even though the only one you had was to your pride. 

Oh shit, his eyes were even more huge and blue and adorable from this close. 

Oh shit, his face looked especially squishy and touchable. 

Oh shit, you could feel yourself starting to blush. Fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck -- 

“Um! Thanks. A lot.” You looked down. He still had his arms around your waist. His really long, really skinny arms, you couldn’t help but notice. 

Was he eating enough? You were sure you had some granola bars in your bag. Maybe you could --  

No, no, no! What the hell were you thinking? You were gonna piss him off if you mentioned his weight! What if he was sensitive about it? 

And there was no way he was gonna accept food from some clumsy, accident prone stranger. And -- and -- 

Wow, his arms felt comfortable. Snuggly. And they really fit around your waist, almost like they were made for you -- 

“Oops! Sorry!” He quickly withdrew and scooted back a bit, an adorably awkward look on his face and -- was that a blush? Was he blushing? 

Shit, that was so cute. 

You never knew anyone besides you who could blush that red before. It really stood out against his grey skin. It made you wonder if his cheeks felt as hot to the touch as they looked and -- 

You shoved your hands in your pockets and pulled your hat down. Fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck your face was still hot as hell. What if he could tell what you were thinking? 

His blue eyes -- why were they so big? How was it possible? -- were apologetic. It made him look a bit like a kicked puppy and God. God. “I didn’t meant to --” 

You tore yourself from his eyes and looked straight ahead. “N. No problem. You’re good.” 

You stared at the trees, willing yourself to calm down. 

Seconds passed. 

You couldn’t resist another peek. 

He was tall. Taller than you which, well, wasn’t saying much since you were barely five feet. Everyone was taller than you, but still. Tall. So tall he kinda leaned over you even as you were sitting and oh God did it make you feel things . Things you shouldn’t be thinking about, specially since you’ve never met the guy before and -- 

And his hands. They were big. Really big, with really long fingers. Piano fingers. Like, the kinda hands you’d love to hold or just, just have them hold your face and -- 

Fuck. 

You weren’t sure if it was his smile, his eyes, the awkward expression on his face, the blush, the sharp teeth, the familiar tone to his voice despite you never seeing him before, his height, his hands, anything and everything about him, or some other, reptilian instinct buried deep inside you that was making you feel this way. 

But you were just hit with the sudden and out of nowhere feeling of, Oh God this guy is so fucking adorable I wanna pat his head and give him hugs and kisses and keep him in my apartment never evereverever let him go. 

But that would be stupid and creepy because you literally met him thirty seconds ago. So you kept your hands to yourself. 

It was… a lot harder than you thought it’d be. The guy was just, just so adorable. Like, what the hell. What gave him the right to be so adorable? 

A hand waved in front of your face. “Hey, you alright? Didya bang your head earlier on?” 

You jolted back a bit. “No! I mean,” you coughed, “no. I’m fine. Just. You know. Thinking.” 

He nodded in understanding, his eyes warm. So warm. “I get it. An out of nowhere place like this, no one around, all by yourself. The perfect place to be all alone. With your thoughts.” 

He smiled at you and oh. Oh, you were so fucked. 

It was the teeth. The teeth were doing you in. How the fuck did he get his teeth that sharp? 

And the eyes. God, they were so blue. Did you mention how blue they were? You could drown in those eyes for hours and never come up for air. 

And the face. So squishy and cute. And his expressions, they were so, so fucking adorable. The blush, the little hesitations, the way his eyes never once looked away from yours. 

And -- 

Fuck. 

You must’ve stuttered out something, though God only knew what. It must’ve been good because the next words out of his mouth nearly made your heart stop. 

“Listen. I know this is… kinda sudden. Very sudden. But if you’re free tonight, would you give me the pleasure of taking you out to dinner?” 

Holy shit.

Your eyes widened. And you stared. 

And stared. 

And stared. 

Like a fucking freak.

J ust SAY something you -- 

He looked away. “Yeah, I guess it was a bit too sudden. Um, then can we --” 

“YES.” 

He jerked back, looking a bit caught off guard. It was only the slow, delighted smile spreading across his face that kept you from killing yourself right then and there. 

You’d face all the embarrassment in the world for that smile. And that was really saying something, considering how second-hand embarrassment practically ruled your life. 

You pulled your cap down farther until it was practically covering your head. A quick breath and, “Yes. I would love to go to dinner with you. What time and place?” 

Wow. Way to go, Y/N. Maybe sound a little MORE monotone next time, huh? 

He beamed at you. Like the actual sun. Like he had just won the lottery instead of just scoring a date with a blushing freak like you. 

You could feel the giddiness welling up inside you. It was all you could do not to squeak. 

“Tonight at seven. At the place where you work. Is that okay?” 

“YEP. Yep. Yep that’s -- that’s perfect with me.” You looked away, silently dying inside. “I’ll. I’ll see you there.” 

“Great!” One last smile -- God, was he trying to kill you?! -- and he walked away, a bounce in his step. 

You watched him go. 

Waited until you could no longer hear his footsteps before screaming into your hands. 

“Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuk he was SO FUCKING CUTE ! ”