Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Stats:
Published:
2021-07-30
Updated:
2022-12-10
Words:
106,591
Chapters:
11/?
Comments:
9
Kudos:
69
Bookmarks:
30
Hits:
3,334

Mission: Fight to Survive

Chapter 4

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

CHAPTER 4

Disclaimer: I do not own Naruto or any of the characters.

Thinking

'Signs to communicate.'

"Speaking"

Inner Sakura

A/N: This story will contain POVs from other characters too.

Previously,

My arm is burning like hell. I still keep at it, and kill a few more people, before one of them kicks me back and makes me hit my head on the ground. I throw one last kunai, before everything goes black.

Shikamaru POV

Shikamaru and Choji had entered the hideout without a hitch. They both were walking casually, but were nervous from the inside. Shikamaru was blank, but Choji's hand kept twitching.

They slipped into a room, and locked the door behind them. Shikamaru looked around to find a huge vault, and shinobi items scattered around. He saw scrolls, arrows, chakra conductive kunai and much more. He was looking around, when a glint of steel caught his eye. He walked towards the object and picked it up.

It looked like the trench knives Asuma used. He put his fingers through them and tried to push his chakra through it. Imagine his surprise when it suddenly started glowing blue.

"Huh. It's chakra conductive. Can't believe Gato isn't using this." Shikamaru put them both into his pouch, and turned to see Choji frowning.

"Are we allowed to take things?" He asked uncertainly.

Shikamaru shrugged, "Why not? It's not like it's gonna get used."

Saying that, he picked up a few scrolls and opened them to see medical information. He could practically see Sakura looking at him with puppy dog eyes, begging him to give it to her. He sighed and stuffed them into his pocket. He also sealed a wakizashi katana into a storage seal for Sasuke.

Choji just started towards the vault. Shikamaru followed him and they stood in front of it.

"How can we open this? We could use a jutsu but we don't have any silent ones or those that are quiet..." Shikamaru started muttering. "But then again, we have to eliminate them..."

"Choji." Shikamaru said suddenly, "Can you use your expansion jutsu to break this down?"

"I could try." Choji said uncertainly.

Shikamaru nodded and continued, "Alright. When I tell you, break it down and start sealing it into this scroll," he tossed a scroll towards Choji, "When the canon fod- I mean when people come in, I'll eliminate them. Once you've sealed everything, let me know and we'll escape."

"Got it." Choji said determinedly.

Shikamaru took out his exploding tags and plastered them all around the door and walls. Once he was done, he took out his kunai and said, "Do it."

Choji immediately enlarged his fist, and started punching the vault. After a few seconds, the door burst open.

"What do you think you kids are doing?!" Someone shouted. The two Konoha ninja ignored them. Choji continued punching, and Shikamaru started throwing his kunai at the enemy.

Choji had managed to break the vault open, and was now sealing the money into the scroll. Shikamaru had cut through half of the adults already. Both of them had sweat clinging to their skin.

Choji due to the chakra usage, and Shikamaru because of moving around too much. Choji's fist was bleeding slightly, and Shikamaru was covered in bruises and cuts.

15 minutes later, Choji was done sealing everything, and Shikamaru was on his knees, panting. He had managed to either fatally wound, knock out, or kill everyone who had attacked him. His arm had a deep gash going from his forearm to wrist. Shikamaru washed the blood off, and bandaged it. It was burning, but he managed to bare it.

I guess all that pain resistance training actually works. He thought, remembering the lecture Kakashi-sensei had given them.

He got up and helped Choji bandage his hand too. Shikamaru pocketed the scroll, popped a soldier pill into his mouth, and the two of them exited the building, breaking out into a run.

Shikamaru was surprised when everything went smoothly, and none of the higher-ranking ninjas came after them, but he understood why when he saw Gato and most of his men standing at the bridge. He looked around, trying to understand what exactly happened when he saw a certain pink haired teammate of his getting injured.

Ignoring everything that was happening around him, he rushed towards her. He saw Sasuke checking her pulse, Naruto attacking the bandits and ninjas, and Ino standing guard over Tazuna, who's eyes were stuck on Sakura, widened in horror.

Shikamaru joined Naruto and stabbed a few bandits while Naruto took care of the others. He was going to run to Sakura, when he noticed Naruto had frozen up, and a bandit was about to stab him. Without a moment of hesitation, Shikamaru ran behind the bandit and slit his throat.

He then ran over to Sakura, and asked Sasuke, "How is she?"

"She's ok. She only hit her head and fainted. But she's losing too much blood from the cut. It's very deep." He replied.

Sasuke turned to look at him, and Shikamaru's eyes widened, then he smirked, "Sasuke, your eyes."

Confused, Sasuke took out a kunai and looked at his eyes on the flat of the blade. He gasped and breathed, "The Sharingan! It matured!"

Sasuke quickly shut off his chakra flow to his eyes and his eyes changed back to his raven black ones. They both looked at Sakura, or more accurately, the cut on Sakura's arm.

The cut went from her shoulder almost to her elbow. Shikamaru looked over to his sensei, and saw Kakashi's hand about to go through Zabuza's chest.

"Well, well, well. What do we have here? The bridge builder is still alive, and even the brats are alive! And he's called a demon?" Gato sneered. The men behind Gato laughed.

"At least now I won't have to pay you. Oh wait... I was never going to pay you anyway."

"What?" Zabuza growled.

"You ninja are ridiculously expensive. So, I hired you, but I wasn't going to pay you. If you got yourself killed, it would have just made my work easier." Gato admitted.

"Let me go Kakashi. It seems I am no longer your enemy." Zabuza said, releasing his KI at Gato. Kakashi hesitated for a moment, but then let him go.

Zabuza grabbed his sword, Kubikiribocho, and glared at Gato, who was moving towards Haku's dead body. He kicked the body a few times before speaking again, "I owe him that for breaking my hand. Stupid brat." He spat.

Naruto, who was watching from behind Kakashi, growled. "You're just going to let him do that?" He looked at Zabuza with anger and annoyance evident in his tone.

"He's dead. A dead shinobi is of no use to me." Zabuza replied flatly.

"What?! Weren't you his comrade? Don't you feel anything watching him do that?! Weren't you with Haku for a long time?" Naruto demanded.

"Just like Gato used me, I was merely using Haku. I thought I told you. Shinobi are tools meant to be used. What I needed were his skills, not Haku himself."

"Do you... Do you really mean that?"

"Naruto, that's enough. There is no need to fight him anymore." Asuma placed a hand on his shoulder.

"Shut up! He's still our enemy!" Naruto shouted, pointing to Zabuza. "He really liked you! You were special to him! You were what made him feel the need to be stronger! And after all that, you still don't feel anything? You really don't feel anything at all?" Naruto teared up. "When a person becomes as strong as you... does he start behaving like you? Haku threw his life away for you! He didn't even fulfill his own dreams and yet... To have to die as a tool... That's... that's too painful!"

"Kid..." Zabuza interrupted. Tears fell from his eyes, "Don't say anything anymore. Haku was... He wasn't just thinking of me. He was feeling pain inside when he was fighting you guys too... I know. He was too kind. I'm... I'm glad we got to fight you at the end."

Zabuza ripped his bandages off his mouth.

"Yes, brat. It's as you say, after all... Shinobi are human too. Maybe it's impossible to become an emotionless tool." He smiled slightly, "Heh. I've lost." Then the smiled slipped, "Kid! Give me the kunai!"

Naruto tossed a kunai in the air, and Zabuza caught it in his mouth. Gato ran towards the men behind him,

"Enough! Take them down!"

They yelled. Seeing Zabuza come towards them with only a kunai, one of them commented, "Are you crazy?! Do you think you can win by yourself with all of us?"

Zabuza ran past him, cutting him. He went through them all, getting imbedded with weapons, in the process. He ran straight to Gato and stabbed him in the chest with the kunai. Gato coughed out blood, but his men all stabbed Zabuza with their own weapons.

"If you're so eager to join your friend, then go alone!" Gato said, his voice quivering.

"Unfortunately... I don't intend... on going to the same place... as Haku." Zabuza muttered. He walked over to Gato,

"And you... You're coming to Hell with me! O-only when the Demon of the Mist... dies and goes to Hell... will he become a real Demon!" With that, Zabuza slashed Gato with the kunai, then kicked him off the edge, into the water.

As soon as that was over, Zabuza collapsed. His wounds were too deep for him to survive without treatment. Kakashi went over to him, checked his pulse and then stood up.

"He's dead." he muttered. All of his men looked around, confused. Kakashi noticed and announced, "If you want to live, I recommend you run in the next ten seconds."

"Ha! As if we're going to run from you!" One of them scoffed. Kakashi sighed and he and Asuma together killed them all. Seeing that everyone had started celebrating, Shikamaru called Kakashi.

"Sensei! Help!" Kakashi was with them within a minute.

"What's wrong with Sakura?"

"She's only fainted, but she's losing too much blood from the cut." Shikamaru replied quickly.

Kakashi nodded while unsealing a medical kit. Within a few minutes, Sakura's arm was bandaged and they were all making their way to Tazuna's house. Sakura was riding piggy back style on Sasuke's back, which was something Ino was not happy about.

When they reached, they placed Sakura on the bed and decided to keep watch on her, in case she woke up. Sasuke volunteered to go first, Shikamaru second, Kakashi third and so on.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Sakura POV

My Mindscape

"Where am I?" I asked groggily.

~Your mindscape. But what have you done?! Why am I merging into you?!~ Inner Sakura shrieked. "

You're merging into me?!" I asked, horrified.

~I am! You must've done something! ~ Inner accused.

" I didn't do anything!" I yelled.

~Then why is this happen- ~

"AH! God dammit, that was painful!" I whined. "Inner? You here? Aw man! She actually merged into me!"

Why do I feel so annoyed and angry at no one in particular? Meh. Now, how do I get out of here? Wait, I'm not saying anything, but I can still hear myself? Oh right, I'm in my mindscape. Of course, I can hear myself. Duh. Wake up. Wake up! WAKE UP!

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

When I woke up, the first thing I saw was Sasuke's face that had a worried expression on it. I had a rush of déjà vu, but brushed it away.

"Sasuke?" I asked, my voice sounding gravelly. My throat felt scratchy and dry.

"Sakura! You're awake!" Sasuke said while hugging me. His voice had relief mixed into it.

"W-Where am I?" I asked while hugging him back.

"We're in Tazuna's home." He replied, breaking the hug. Suddenly, all my memories came back, giving me a headache.

My eyes widened and I asked, "Sasuke, what happened to Zabuza? And Tazuna? Is everyone ok? Are they injured? Are you injured?"

"Sakura, calm down! Everyone's fine. Zabuza's dead, Tazuna's alive, Gato's dead and no one is injured. Well, apart from you." Sasuke answered while trying to get me to calm down. "I'm going to go tell everyone you're up."

"Wait, Sasuke! Can you please give me some water first?" I stopped him. He handed me my bottle and ran out of the room. I could hear his muffled voice, Kakashi-sensei's voice, and the loudest, Naruto's voice.

Then my door burst open, and everyone started talking at the same time.

"Sakura-chan, are you ok?"

"Sakura, how are you feeling?"

"Do you need anything?"

"Guys, I'm fine! Please calm down!" I interrupted.

"Sakura, do you remember anything?" Kakashi-sensei asks.

"Well, I remember everything that happened till I fainted, if that's what you mean."

"Can you tell us what happened after we left?" I nod and tell them everything that happened till I fainted.

When I finished, Sasuke, and Shika were looking at me in pride, and Kakashi-sensei was looking at me with pride and a bit of sadness, while Team 10 were looking at me in shock and awe.

"Why are you all staring at me?" I asked slowly.

"Why are we- Sakura, you saved Inari, Tsunami, me and Tazuna! While fighting for your life! And injured!" Ino answers while flinging her arms all around.

I chuckle nervously, and start taking the bandage off of my arm.

"What are you doing?" Sasuke demands.

"Healing myself." I said simply.

"You should rest, Sakura." He says while frowning.

"I will. Once I heal myself." I see my hand glow green, and start healing myself. I watch as the skin slowly closes itself, and the pain vanishes.

Once I was done, I ask, "Is anyone hurt?" They all shake their heads, leave the room one by one. At the end, only Sasuke and Ino remain.

I arch an eyebrow.

"I want to talk to you." Ino says.

"Talk, then." I prompt.

"Alone."

Sasuke frowns, "I'm not leaving you, Sakura-chan."

"I'll be fine, 'Ke. Besides, I'm sure you'll be beside me again once we're done." I say while rolling my eyes and ignoring the suffix.

Sasuke hesitates, but leaves. Once the door is closed, I turn to Ino, "Talk."

"Thank you. For saving me back there." Seeing my confused look, she elaborates, "When I had my first kill and froze, you threw a kunai at the second one coming towards me, right? That one hit him on his head, and he died. You saved me. Thank you for that." She looks down at the end.

"You're welcome, Ino." I say softly.

Then she looks at me with hints of anger and annoyance in her eyes. "Now, let me tell you, no matter how cool you act by healing and killing, Sasuke-kun's mine. I'm not giving up on him. So, I suggest you stop annoying your way into his life! It's clear he doesn't want you around, so why do you insist on sticking to him? And I don't know what you did to him, making him think he likes someone like you, but it's not going to work. I'm the only one he likes! As if he would like someone as ugly as you! And let me make one thing clear. I'm going to make him fall in love with me. So, don't you dare butt in!"

"Yamanaka," My voice is serious and low, so she knows I mean business and I'm looking her dead in the eye, "Trust me when I say this, but if you make him do anything he doesn't feel comfortable with, or anything he doesn't want to do, there will be no one scarier than me. Are. We. Clear?" I leak a bit of Killing Intent to push my point further.

When she doesn't reply, I increase the Killing Intent. "Ino..." I let the warning go unsaid.

"Yes. We're clear." She whispers.

I reign the Killing Intent back in, "Good."

She turns awkwardly and walks out. Sasuke walks in with a confused expression on his face,

"What did you do?" He asks.

"Talk."

He sighs, "That's all I'm getting, aren't I?"

"Smart boy," I say while patting his head. "Hey, can you pass that book over there?"

He gives me my medical book and I start reading it. Sasuke activates his Sharingan and experiments with it. Hold up...

"Three tomoes?! When did you get it matured?!" I ask in surprise.

"Hm? I didn't tell you?" Sasuke tilts his head.

"No!"

"Well, once Naruto and I killed Haku, we-"

"Sasuke, tell me the fight too!" I say. Sasuke rolls his eyes, but starts.

Flashback

"Well, what do we have here? There are more brats than last time! Oh, and Sharingan no Kakashi! What an honor!" Zabuza said while hoisting the massive Kubikiribocho on his shoulder.

"Zabuza, the Demon of the Mist." Kakashi said.

" So, you've heard of me?" Zabuza asked rhetorically. "How nice." He sneered.

"I see your assistant is here as well." Kakashi eyed the masked nin.

"Ah, yes. Haku, why don't you go have some fun with the brats?" Haku immediately ran towards Sasuke and Naruto. Kakashi started running towards them but Zabuza stopped him.

"Don't. Your fight is with me."

Naruto charged and started attacking Haku. Haku simply dodged every attack, and then pushed Naruto back with a kick to his stomach.

He formed a few hand signs, and called out, "Secret Jutsu: Demonic Mirroring Ice Crystals!"

Within a few seconds, mirrors were created around the two genin, and Haku melted into one of them.

He appeared from a mirror and threw senbon at them repeatedly.

"Kage Bunshin no Jutsu!" Naruto shouted.

Naruto clones filled the dome. A few seconds later, most of them vanished in a poof of smoke. Haku had killed them with his senbon. Naruto and Haku repeated the process, before Sasuke hit the blonde boy on his head.

"Dumbass, stop making clones! He's just going to dispel them! Now listen to me. I've been tracking the guy with my Sharingan, and he's not multiplying. He's just shifting fast! So now, I want you to make clones, and make them attack the mirror I use the Fireball at. Got it?"

Naruto glowered at Sasuke before nodding. Sasuke activated his Sharingan again, and started looking around.

"Clones!" He ordered. Naruto immediately made the clones and attacked the mirror Sasuke used the Fireball on. They did this for a few minutes, before Sasuke was exhausted.

"Naruto, I have one last Fireball left in me. If I use any more of my chakra, I'm gonna faint. We have to get him this time." Naruto nodded determinedly. Sasuke tracked Haku with his Sharingan again, and fired another Fireball.

T his time, it burnt Haku's arm and leg, which made him slow down. Naruto's clones attacked him and knocked him out.

They both tied Haku up, and went to help Kakashi. Kakashi was about to spear Zabuza through the heart, when Sasuke saw Haku running towards them.

He acted fast, and threw a few kunai at him, which hit the boy on his neck and head, instantly killing him. Then Gato came.

Suddenly, Sasuke felt a chill creep up his spine, and he turned around to see Sakura kicked back, with blood spilling. He ran towards her, using chakra to go faster, and he saw the bandits coming towards them.

Then, Shikamaru and Naruto turned up, and started fighting them. Once they were done, Shikamaru ran over to Sakura to see if she was ok.

" How is she?" He asked Sasuke.

"She's ok. She only hit her head and fainted. But she's losing too much blood from the cut. It's very deep." Sasuke replied.

Shika turned to look at him, and his eyes widened first, then he smirked,

"Sasuke, your eyes."

Confused, Sasuke took out a kunai and looked at his eyes on the flat of the blade. He gasped too and breathed, "My Sharingan! It matured!"

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

"I thought you were dead, Sakura. When I saw the blood, I thought you were dead." He looks down.

My eyes soften and I hug him from the side, "I'm alive. And I can verify that." I let my hand fall to the side, and I start tickling him.

"Sakura...stop... please," He manages to say between laughter and gasps.

"Alright," I say while grinning, "I'm gonna go get something to eat. You want anything?"

When he shakes his head, I shrug and head out.

When I reach the living room, all I see is a blur before I get tackled. "Whoa!" I say, before stumbling behind.

I look down to see Inari clinging to me. "Inari? Are you ok?" I ask unsurely.

"Thank you, thank you so much! You saved me from the bandits! And you saved us all from Gato!" He gushes.

"I barely did anything. Plus, we only did what we were hired to do." I say while laughing nervously.

"It doesn't matter! You still saved us!" He says defiantly. I gently pat his head and try to get him off me. I hear a snort and turn to see Sasuke laughing his head off seeing me so uncomfortable. I glare at him. He grins at me and runs away. I tear Inari off me and chase the Duck-Ass.

I growl when I catch him in the backyard.

"Uchiha..." I let go of my KI. "Sorry, but that was hilarious!" He says while laughing.

I narrow my eyes and jump on him. It somehow turns into a spar, and we only stop when we feel Killing Intent aimed at us.

I slowly turn my head to see Kakashi-sensei standing there, glaring at us.

"What are you doing?" Sensei's voice is dangerously calm.

"Sparring...?" Sasuke asks nervously.

When Sensei's KI increases, I hide behind Sasuke, "It was his idea." I say meekly.

Sensei starts walking towards us slowly, "Well then, if you like training so much, I'm sure I can make some arrangements back in Konoha."

I freeze, "Arrangements?" I whisper in horror.

"Yes, arrangements. With a certain youthful friend of mine." He says with an eye-smile.

My eyes widen, and I go as pale as a ghost.

"Ah, I see Sakura knows him."

"Sakura?" Sasuke waves his hand in front of me. "Sakura, can you hear me?"

I blink and look at Sensei, "I'm sorry, I'm sorry, please don't make us train with him. Please! We'll do as much training as you want, Sensei! Please don't make us train with him!" I beg Sensei.

Sasuke frowns. "He can't be that bad,"

My head snaps to him, "You've never seen him. And trust me when I tell you, do not, under any circumstances, look at him with your sharingan active."

Sasuke looks at me like a grew a second head, or something. I shudder at the memory. Kakashi-sensei cackles evilly.

Sasuke just looks at us like we're crazy and walks inside muttering about 'crazy teammate and sensei'. I start walking back when Sensei says, "Oh, Sakura, tell everyone we have a party to attend."

"Party?" I ask surprised.

Sensei sighs, "Yes. Everyone is holding a party because we got rid of Gato for them. And since we were they're 'saviors' we have to attend. And Tsunami-san is forcing all of us to wear formal clothes."

"Hai Sensei." I say in a defeated tone. If Tsunami is forcing Kakashi-sensei to wear formal, I'm not gonna argue. I go tell Team 10 first, and have to listen to Ino gush on and on about how she'll be the first to dance with 'her' Sasuke-kun before I slammed the door in the middle of her 'master plan'.

Then I go to our room, and say, "Well boys, we have a party to attend tonight."

I hear both Sasuke and Shikamaru groan, before smiling slyly and saying, "Shika, you shouldn't complain, y'know. At least you aren't going to be ambushed by Hurricane Ino."

"WHAT?!" Sasuke shouts while Shika and I burst out laughing.

"Yeah... I just heard her talking about her master plan... to dance with you." I say while laughing.

"Seriously?" Shika asks while wiping his tears, and calming down.

"Yep!"

"Oh man, that's gonna be hilarious!" He laughs again.

"Jackasses." Sasuke grumbles.

"Aw, is Sasuke-chan pouting?" I ask in a mocking tone. That just makes Sasuke grumpier and Shikamaru laugh harder.

After a few minutes, Shika's head jerks up. "Oh guys, I got some things from Gato's hideout for you."

He starts rummaging through his pack. Sasuke and I look at each other with confused expressions.

"Ah here we go." He pulls out a scroll.

First, he unseals trench knives, like the ones Asuma-sensei has, and keeps them aside.

Then he unseals a wakizashi katana, and hands it to Sasuke,

"Here. I just thought you might like it." Sasuke hold it and tries a few swings, "Thanks Shika."

"And..." Shikamaru then unseals a few other scrolls. "These are for you, Pinky."

I arch my eyebrow.

"They're some medical scrolls I found. I have no idea what it says, but I thought you might be able to understand it."

A smile makes its way onto my face, and I tackle Shikamaru in a hug.

"Thankyouthankyouthankyousomuch!" I blurt out.

Shika chuckles and says, "You're welcome, now will you please get off me?"

I get off him and grab one of the scrolls. My eyes widen when I open it.

"Holy shit." I whisper.

Both the boys look confused. "Sakura, what's wrong?"

"This- this is amazing. I didn't even know this was possible. This could save so many lives!" I close it and grab the second one. I take a deep breath and open it.

My eyes widen as I skim through this one too. I look at Shikamaru, "Shika, you just saved many, many lives."

"Sakura, will you please tell us what's in there?" Sasuke asks, worry etched on his face.

"The first one shows a way to cure fatal stab wounds. This can help so many people!" I tell him. "And the paper feels really delicate, so I'm going to assume it's really old and it was with Gato."

"... Damn." Is all the boys can say.

"And I need you both to keep this a secret from everyone. I would like to learn this first, before I reveal it to anyone."

At their nods, I continue, "The second scroll gives an easier way for an offensive attack called chakra scalpels."

Shika's eyes widen and Sasuke's jaw drops. I shake my head, seal the scrolls into my bracelets and leave the room. I'll check the others later.

I knock on Ino's door.

She opens it, "What?" She snaps.

"I, um, I need a dress for tonight. I was hoping you had something I could use." I mumbled.

She looked at me blankly before dragging me in.

"Oh, I have the perfect dress for you! It's pink, just like your hair, and..." Ino continues to rant about my dress, and she pulls out a pink one, with a lot of ruffles, making it look like one of those princess ones. Like Cinderella's, except in pink.

I stare at it in horror, and suddenly, Ino stops. "Forehead... I'll help you on one condition." She says quietly.

Please be a bad one, please be a bad one.

"What is it?" I ask suspiciously.

She smiles triumphantly, "If you want me to help you, you will stay out of my way, while I go after Sasuke-kun!"

Oh, thank Jashin, Pein, God, whoever exists!

"Hell no!" I exclaim, "He's my best friend, and I refuse to leave him hanging for a dress. A hideous one at that!" I march out of the room before Ino can retort, celebrating.

Now I don't have to wear that monstrosity! Yay!

I grab my purse and head over to one of the shops.

"Excuse me?" I call out.

"Yes?" A lady says while walking towards me.

"Um, hi. I was looking for a dress. Can you please tell me where I can find one?" I ask her kindly.

She gasps, "I know you! You're one of those ninjas who saved us!"

"Yes, I did help." I said while blushing.

"Oh, thank you so much, dear! For you, this purchase is free!" She exclaims.

"Thank you, ma'am."

"Now, let's get you in a dress." She says while getting a few out. "Do you have any preferences?" She asks.

"Uh, yeah, can we keep the ruffles to a bare minimum? And nothing too eye-catching. Maybe a dark blue?"

"You know, dearie, you are the first girl I have met who doesn't want ruffles or bright ones." She says while getting a few dark colored dresses from the shelves.

"Alright, any of these?" Then one of them catches my eye. It's a plain black, with thin straps, and it comes with a black belt. I ask to try it on, and I kinda like it, so I buy it. It's a little uncomfortable, but its only for a while, so I'll manage.

I silently slip a few notes onto the counter while the lady's not looking, thank her, and head over to Tazuna's house.

I see Sasuke and Shika sulking on the bed, "Why are you both sulking?" I ask with an arched eyebrow.

"Kakashi-sensei's making us wear formal clothes." Sasuke says.

"Oh, did I not tell you that? Funny, must've slipped my mind." I snicker.

They both glare at me, "It's easy for you to say. You'll probably like wearing a dress." Shika barks.

"Yeah, who wouldn't like wearing an uncomfortable piece of clothing that makes you look like eye-candy." I deadpan, "Besides, I don't want to wear a dress, I have to. Just like you. So, stop sulking. Now, get out. I need to change."

They both sigh, and go to Kakashi-sensei's room. I change into my dress, comb my hair and leave it down with a clip holding my bangs in place. I put on some light make up and I wear the bracelets that Kazumi had given. Sensei had sealed weapons in them, in case I needed it, and adjusted them to my chakra. I take a deep breath, and leave the room.

I head over to the living room, and see Team 10 standing there. The males are wearing suits, and Ino was wearing a blue dress, with nets, and sequins, and a lot of other things, making her the most sparkly thing in the room. She had put on a lot of makeup, and was wearing tons of jewelry.

Naruto was fidgeting around, so it was obvious he was uncomfortable in his suit, and Choji was eating. I waved over to them, and Ino scowled, while Naruto's jaw dropped.

"Wow, Sakura-chan! You look so pretty!" He said finally.

"Hmph. Her dress is so plain. Mine is much better!" Ino muttered, before I could say anything else.

"We're here," I hear a sulky voice say.

I turn around to see my teammates and Sensei wearing matching black suits, with a ring on their hand. The ring probably has their weapons, but the one thing all of them have in common, are their sulky faces.

"The number of Icha Icha books I could have bought with the money I spent on the suit...", Kakashi-sensei groans.

"The number of cigarettes I could have bought..." Asuma-sensei adds.

I see Sasuke and Shikamaru looking at me with wide eyes.

I arch an eyebrow and cock my hip, "You do know I'm a girl, right?"

"Yeah, but we've always seen you in your normal clothes. You've never actually dressed up like a girl before." Shikamaru defends.

"I just prefer to wear clothes that are easy to move in." I say while shrugging. "Now let's go before Tsunami-san scolds us."

The males all kept grumbling the whole time.

"The ramen I could have bought..."

"This is all so troublesome..."

"I could have had Yakiniku two times with the money..."

"As soon I'm done with this, I'm selling you, suit, and getting my precious Icha Icha..."

"I could be training right now..."

"My cigarettes..."

I roll my eyes again and stop once we reach there. Sasuke, Shika, Naruto and Choji are immediately horded by girls, a few women approached Asuma and Kakashi-sensei, but they both turned them down.

"Good thing you turned them down. I don't think Kurenai-sensei would be very happy, otherwise." I muttered to Asuma-sensei.

He glared at me, while Kakashi-sensei eye-smiled at me. I smiled at Asuma-sensei innocently.

Suddenly, I felt a chill down my spine. I hesitantly turned around, and saw a group of boys approaching me. I turned around to hide behind Kakashi-sensei, but he just pushed me back towards them. I glared at him and mouthed 'Traitor!' before both of them walked away.

"I bet I'll have her wrapped around my finger in 2 minutes," I hear one of them, probably the leader, say.

"Obviously, you've already seduced, like, five girls." One of the other boys says. The first one smirks.

"Hello there," he says.

"Hi." I say in a bored tone.

"What's your name?"

"Sakura."

"Pretty name. Just like you." He says while taking my hand in his. He kisses my hand and I quickly pull my hand back, disgusted.

"Hn." I say taking a page out of the Uchiha book.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Somewhere else, Sasuke sneezed.

 

In the Akatsuki, Itachi looked up to the sky and said, "Another one of them has converted." Kisame looked at him like he grew a second head.

 

In heaven, all the Uchihas started celebrating. "Yes! We have another one to our cause! Fuck you, Konoha!"

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

He continues to stare at me.

"Can I help you?" I ask, irritated.

"Let's dance." He says, which sounds more like an order. He grabs my hand and starts leading me to the dance floor, I hold his hand tightly, and stop him from dragging me.

"You didn't wait for my answer." I said coolly.

"As if you wouldn't want to dance with me." He said while snorting. I just arch an eyebrow.

"I don't want to dance with you." I said while turning away.

He squeezed my hand, and didn't let go.

He pulled me towards him. "You will dance with me." He said forcefully.

"I will not." I started squeezing his hand hard. "I'm a medic and a shinobi. I can break every single bone in your body while naming them, and with 10 percent of my strength." I squeeze hard enough to leave a bruise, "So, I suggest you stop treating me like a weakling and a girl who will just listen to an asshole like you."

Saying that, I walk away. I search for Sasuke or Shika, and find them both trying to run away from the girls. I snort, and turn around. I accidently bump into someone, and he falls. It's a guy with shabby black hair and startling blue eyes.

"I'm so sorry! I wasn't seeing where I was going," I apologize while helping him up.

"I'm sorry too, I wasn't watching where I was going either. Wow, you're pretty." he breathes.

I blush, "Thank you,"

"Would you like to dance?"

"I-"

"Sakura!" I hear someone calling me. I turn around to see Sasuke and Shikamaru shooting me pleading looks. I look at the guy and say, "I would love to, but I have to go save my friends."

I walk to Sasuke and Shika, "What do you want?" I ask irritably.

"Help!" They both yelp.

"Gosh, some ninjas you both are. I just finished escaping from a playboy asshole, and now I have to save the Last Uchiha and a clan heir from civilian girls," I mutter.

"We'll love you for eternity!" Sasuke whimpers.

"Stop being so troublesome and just help us." Shika mutters.

"Well, I guess that's acceptable, Sasuke." I say, ignoring Shikamaru.

"Sorry girls, I'll have to save them from you guys."

"Who do you think you are?" One of them sneered.

"Their best friend." I flip her off.

I grab Shika and Sasuke and walk away.

"There we go!" I say cheerfully. "Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to run away from them." I say while pointing to another group of boys who were coming towards us.

"Excuse me?" someone says, tapping my shoulder.

"Yes?" I ask while turning to face him.

"Would you dance with me?" He asks while winking at me.

"No." I say simply.

"But... why?" He asks, confused.

"I don't want to."

"No, I mean, why wouldn't you want to dance with me?" He asks, emphasizing the 'me'. "Everyone wants to dance with me." He points behind, where a lot of girls were fangirling over him.

"Damn." I whistle.

"Exactly," He smirks, "So will you dance with me?"

"Still no." "But why?" He whines.

"Because I don't want to and I'm not everyone else." I snap.

"Fine." He sighs.

"Damn." Shikamaru says.

I smirk, "You should have seen what I did with the other guy. Okay, so he came up to me..." I told them what happened, and they stared at me with wide eyes.

"You actually did that?" Sasuke asks in awe.

"Yep!" I say in Kakashi-sensei level cheerfulness.

"Sasuke-kun!" A girl squealed.

Sasuke pales, "Save me. Please save me."

I swing an arm around his shoulders and laugh, "Oh Sasuke-kun! You're so funny!"

The girl stops in her tracks, and turns away. I stop laughing and drop my hand, "There you go."

Sasuke looks at me, "If you do that for the rest of the night, I'll do the same for you."

"Deal!" I say quickly.

"Hey, what about me?!" Shika complains.

"I could do the same for you..." I start.

"Thank you!" He says gratefully.

"But it would be too troublesome." I finish.

"I'll get you dango for the rest of the week once we're back home!" Shika says desperately.

"Done!" I say gleefully.

The rest of the night passed in me acting as my best friends' girlfriend, their fangirls cursing me, Sasuke and Shikamaru chasing away the boys, and generally just having fun.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

The Next Day

Getting restless, Sasuke and I sparred at night, and awoke on the ground outside. I woke up to the sound of Kakashi-sensei giggling perversely. I was confused for a few seconds, before seeing myself and Sasuke. Since we had started sparring on the water, I was in my sports bra and shorts, and Sasuke was only wearing shorts.

"Again, Sakura-chan?" Sensei asked me while giggling, "And I heard a rumor that you were dating both Sasuke and Shikamaru last night. I guess it would make sense in that case."

"Shut up! We were acting to keep our 'fans' away. And Sasuke and I were just sparring!" I snap.

"Sparring? Is that what you kids are calling it these days?" He asks innocently, ignoring my rudeness.

I growl, "We didn't do anything like that, Ero-sensei!"

"If you say so, Sakura-chan!" Sensei sings. "And you might want to wake him up, we're leaving soon." "Hai sensei." I grin an evil grin and henge myself into Ino, wearing a purple sports bra and shorts. I also cast a genjutsu showing the same thing over him, in case he tries to dispel it.

"Sasuke-kun. Sasuke-kun, wake up." I say softly. Then I start shaking him. "Sasuke-kun! Wake up or I'll have to do something else." I sing.

Sasuke's eyes snap open. When he sees me in Ino's form, he raises his hand, "Kai!" Nothing happens.

"No, this can't be real! Oh god no!" He starts muttering and I burst out laughing.

"Oh my god... Hahaha... Your expression!" When he looks confused and traumatized at the same time, I released the Henge.

His face turns into one of rage, and he pounces on me, "Fuck you, Sakura!"

"Oh ho! Sasuke is cursing! The same Sasuke who would scowl if Shika used curse words!" I said while blocking his attacks.

Kakashi-sensei just looks at us with an amused expression.

"Ok, ok, I'm sorry. I'm sorry, 'Ke." I say while calming down. He stops attacking me, but crosses his arms.

"I hate you." he says.

"Aw, but I love you!" I say while pecking his cheek. "Now, come on, let's go wake up Lazy-Ass. We are leaving in a while."

Sasuke just huffs, but I see a small smile on his face. "Actually Sakura, why don't you go inside? I would like to talk to Sasuke alone." Kakashi-sensei intervenes.

I narrow my eyes but nod. I go into the living room and wait for Sasuke to finish.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Sasuke POV

"Yes sensei?" Sasuke asks Kakashi, confused as to why he was called.

Kakashi snaps his book shut and looks at the genin seriously.

"Sasuke, do not lie to me about this; do you know of the Mangekyou Sharingan?"

Sasuke's eyes widen, "I- I do, Sensei."

"And? What do you intend to do? Will you kill Sakura just for the power?" Kakashi looks at him straight in the eye.

"No Sensei!" Sasuke says quickly, "I would never do that. I will not take the same path as him."

"Is that the only reason?" There was a hint of disappointment in Kakashi's tone. So little that Sasuke didn't catch it.

"No..." Sasuke mumbles.

"Then what is the real reason?"

"I- I can't do it." Sasuke whispers. "I can't imagine living without her. Even if it means I'm closer to killing him. I can't bring myself to harm her. She's-" His voice broke, "She's helped me in ways I hadn't even imagined before. So no, I won't harm her for power." Sasuke looks at his sensei with a determined expression.

"And I won't let anyone harm her either." He declares.

Kakashi eye-smiles, "I'm proud of you, Duckling. Don't ever forget that." And with that, Kakashi shunshins away.

Sasuke shakes his head and walks into the house. He finds Sakura in the couch, waiting for him.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Sakura POV

"Come on." Sasuke continues walking towards the stairs.

I raise an eyebrow, but follow him. We reach our room, where Shika was sleeping.

"Oi. Lazy Ass! Get up! Get up or I'm gonna drench you in cold water!" I threaten.

"I'm up, I'm up." Shikamaru gets up at the mention of water, "Troublesome woman."

"Damn right." I grin, "Start packing, we're leaving in a while." I say while heading out the door.

I walk to Ino's, Naruto's and Choji's room, and inform them too. I'm assuming Asuma-sensei would know too, but I tell him, just in case.

In half an hour, Team 7 and 10 were out the door and heading to the bridge. Tazuna had completed the bridge, so there was no reason to stay.

"What are we going to name the bridge?" Inari asks.

"How about the Super Awesome Tazuna Bridge?" Tazuna says.

"Or we can name it the Great Konoha Bridge?" Tsunami suggests.

"Or we can name it that." Tazuna agrees. "Alright then. The Great Konoha Bridge it is!"

I grin and look at Sensei. He eye-smiles at me and we all start walking home.

"Bye guys!" I shout.

"Bye, Sakura-chan! Good bye, everyone!" Tsunami calls out.

We all walk at a civilian pace, and Ino walks next to me. "Forehead, last night at the party, I heard a very weird rumor." She starts.

"Oh?" I prompt.

"Yeah... It was that you were dating Sasuke-kun." She says with a frown.

"Ok...?"

"Is it true?"

I really want to say yes just to make her squirm, but if I do, she will never let me live in peace.

"No. We just said that to get rid of all the fangirls and the boys who wanted to dance with me." I say with a shudder.

"Yeah, right." She snorts, "As if anyone would want to dance with you. And what's up with you and Sasuke-kun spending so much time together?" She asks, annoyed.

"We're on the same team," I deadpan.

"Other than that. Even in the Academy you were close to him."

"We used to train together." I shrug, "What's the big deal?"

"As if! There is no way you were just training together!" She scowls.

"We were ten at the time!" I say, disgusted. "What do you think we were doing? Gosh, get your mind out of the gutter!"

"Whatever. Don't you dare try to steal him from me. He's mine!" She walks away.

Sasuke comes over to me, "What's going on between the two of you? One of you always walks away angrily every time you both talk."

"It doesn't matter, 'Ke." I said shaking my head.

"Yes, it does. Especially since you're my best friend. So, tell me." He says in a soft tone.

"She's just mad at me for hanging out with you. And the rumor that spread that I was dating you and Shika. And we might've had an argument last night." I say sheepishly.

"Well, if she's jealous of you, that's not your fault, y'know. I mean come on. How many people can say they're best friends with the Sasuke Uchiha?" He says while smirking.

"Thank you, Uchiha-sama, for letting me be your friend." I say sarcastically.

"Hm, 'Uchiha-sama'. I like it." He decides.

"Shut up 'Ke. Don't make me kick your ass." I snort.

"Humph. As if a peasant like you would even be able to touch me." Sasuke says with his nose in the air.

"The spar we had last night would say something else." I reply with a smirk.

"You cheated. You can't use your medical ninjutsu to harm me." He grumbles.

"If you can use your Sharingan, I can use my med ninjutsu!" I retort. "Your eyes can see the future, 'Ke! That's awesomely cool!"

"I am cool, aren't I?" He says smugly.

"No, only your eyes are." I say, rolling my eyes.

"Meh, same thing." He shrugs.

I just shake my head and keep silent. Sasuke grins and hangs his arm around my neck. I smile and slip my arm around his waist.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

"Home sweet home!" I shout while jumping. We had arrived at the gates of Konoha, and Sasuke smacked me on the head.

"Stop shouting, Sakura!"

"I'm just happy to be home, 'Ke!" I say while rubbing my head.

"There's no need to shout like an idiot for that!" He says in a light scolding tone, "Oh wait..."

"Screw you!"

"God, you two are so troublesome!" Shikamaru groans.

"You still love us." I point out.

"And I don't know why." He mutters. I glare at him and run past the gates. Sasuke just shakes his head, while Naruto joins me.

"Calm down, Sakura. If you don't, I'll cut off your dango supply." Sasuke threatens.

I gasp, "No! Dango is more precious to me than life!"

"Then calm down," he says simply. I drop my head and walk at their pace.

"I hate you, by the way." I say darkly.

"No, you don't." He scoffs, then kisses me on the cheek.

I let a smile grace my face, "No, I don't."

Suddenly, I feel Killing Intent aimed at me. I feel a rush of déjà vu, but this time it isn't Sasuke, it's Ino. She was behind us when Sasuke kissed me, and she would've seen it.

I look at her, irritated, "What?"

She just narrows her eyes at me, "Stay away from him." Venom drips from her voice.

Deciding to irritate her a little more, I jump onto Sasuke's back.

"'Ke-kun, save me!" I cry.

"Sakura, you are not a kid." He says while trying to get me off his back. I hold on as tight as I can, and try to keep an eye on Ino. Ino is practically fuming! It's hilarious!

"Sakura, enough." Kakashi-sensei commands with his authoritative voice. I learned the hard way, that whenever he uses that voice, we better listen or we're gonna get it.

"Hai Sensei." I immediately get off Sasuke and walk normally.

"Damn it, Kakashi. Why can't my students listen to me like that?" Asuma-sensei whines.

Sensei just eye-smiles, and we enter the Hokage's office. I was having so much fun, I never realized we were going towards the Hokage tower.

"Ah, Kakashi, Asuma. I was wondering when you were going to show up. Report." The Hokage smiles at us.

Team 7 keeps a neutral face, while Choji continues eating, Ino looks annoyed and Naruto's grinning widely. Kakashi-sensei had taught us to behave like shinobi in front of the Hokage, especially when we were reporting after a mission.

This Kakashi was very different from canon. He actually taught us things, was earlier than canon, and acted like a shinobi instead of a late joker who wasn't taken seriously until battle. I had to say, I preferred this one more.

Kakashi-sensei and Asuma-sensei started explaining the mission, with Sensei's voice completely serious, while Asuma-sensei's voice was blank.

Sasuke, Shikamaru and I kept our heads low, until the Hokage spoke to us, specifically.

"Naruto-kun, Sasuke-kun, you both did a good job with Haku." He praised.

 

"Heh, thanks old man! I was awesome!" Naruto said loudly.

"Thank you, Hokage-sama." Sasuke said respectfully. He let a small smile appear on his face.

"Shikamaru-kun, Choji-kun, you both infiltrated the hideout well." Choji just nodded, but Shikamaru followed Sasuke, and thanked him in a respectful tone.

"Ino-chan, you did well in protecting the client."

"Thanks." She said while smiling.

"And Sakura-chan. You protected the clients and your comrade. You should be proud of yourself."

"Thank you, Hokage-sama." I said with my happiness barely supressed. The Hokage let out a low chuckle.

"The Will of Fire burns brightly in all of you. Very well, Kakashi, Asuma, here's your payment for a successful A-Rank mission. I'm giving you all the next two days off. Rest, all of you. Dismissed."

"Hai, Hokage-sama." Team 7 chorused. We all left the room, and headed to the training ground.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Hiruzen Sarutobi picked up his pipe just as an old man with bandages covering his right eye walked in.

"Just what were you thinking, changing an A-Rank mission to a C-Rank and giving it to Team 7 and 10, Danzo?" Hiruzen asks.

"Don't worry, old friend. It's all for the betterment of Konoha." Danzo says in a blank tone.

"It better be, considering you put my surrogate grandson in danger by doing that." Hiruzen growls. "And please, explain what, exactly, you achieved by doing it."

"It was a test to see whether or not Uzumaki can harness the power of the Kyuubi within him. If he can, then he will be a very powerful weapon for Konoha."

"Naruto is not a weapon." Hiruzen says through gritted teeth. "You also anticipated in me sending Team 7 as back up, didn't you?"

Danzo's lips twitched. "You know me well, old friend. I did, in fact. The Last Uchiha's obsession with revenge is minimizing. He is forming bonds with the other genin, and most likely will not defect for power. It also appears he has activated the Sharingan. If he were not as powerful as he is, I would have suggested to have him locked up and put through the CRA." Danzo finished.

Hiruzen growled again, "Shinobi are just tools to you, aren't they?"

Danzo smiled a humorless smile, "Emotions are the root of all problems, after all."

"And what did you observe?"

"Hatake Kakashi has trained his genin well. The Uchiha had everything under control and Uzumaki didn't have to tap into the beast's power."

"Very well. Dismissed, Danzo." Hiruzen commanded.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Sakura POV

"I'm proud of you all. You remembered what I told you and were respectful." Kakashi-sensei praised.

"Thank you, Kakashi-sensei. Although it's a little hard to forget things that have practically been beaten into you." I mutter.

I see Shikamaru and Sasuke wince with me at the reminder. Shikamaru rubs his shoulder that Sensei had dislocated, and Sasuke was rubbing his wrist that Sensei had broken. He had broken my ankle, so, I think Shika got off easy with a dislocated shoulder. And I had to heal us all up, except I couldn't heal my ankle and Sasuke's wrist, because I was still learning how to fix up broken bones.

Ironically, we learned to be neutral with the Hokage and listen to Sensei's authoritative voice at the same time. It was not a good day.

At the start of the week, we had a lot of things beaten into us. Mostly manners, for instance the way we had to stand in front of Sensei as soon as we are done with our exercises, to listen to him when he uses 'The Voice', teamwork, the way we behave in front of the Hokage and so on.

"Alright, my adorable little genin, now you have two options. You can stay and train my way, or you can relax. I would suggest relax, because we have the combined training with Team 10 after two days. And it's going to be fun!" Sensei cackles.

"I'm going to relax for the next two days." I say quickly.

"Same." Shika concurs.

"I guess I can too." Sasuke shrugs.

"Alrighty! Then here's your pay," Sensei hands us some money, "And I'll see you all in two days!" Sensei poofs away.

"Well, I'm gonna go watch clouds." Shikamaru walks away.

"Um, Sasuke? Would you mind if I stay over with you for a few days?" I fidget with the hem of my t shirt. "I've been having nightmares and I don't wanna stay home alone."

"Home alone? What about your parents?"

"They have gone on another business trip." I mumble.

"Sure, you can stay over." He says while wrapping an arm around my shoulders. "Thank you!" I squeal. Sasuke chuckles and we head over to his house.

Notes:

A/N: And that is the end of this chapter! Tell me if you liked it or if you didn't. And in case some of you didn't figure it out:

"The ramen I could have bought..." -Naruto

"This is all so troublesome..." -Shikamaru

"I could have had Yakiniku two times with the money..." -Choji

"As soon I'm done with this, I'm selling you, suit, and getting my precious Icha Icha..." -Kakashi

"I could be training right now..." -Sasuke

"My cigarettes..." -Asuma

Also tell me what you thought about the Sasuke/Sakura interactions. If there's anything you want me to add, let me know!

And, the artists who are reading this fic; would you mind creating fanart for me? Please? If you don't mind it, either private message me, or post a review.

Thank you all so much!

Bye!

Kristy...