Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Stats:
Published:
2021-07-30
Updated:
2022-12-10
Words:
106,591
Chapters:
11/?
Comments:
9
Kudos:
69
Bookmarks:
30
Hits:
3,335

Mission: Fight to Survive

Summary:

When I started my day, the last thing I expected was to die and be transported into the body of Haruno Sakura. From the moment I stepped into Sakura's body, canon went out the window. I am in a land where children are trained to kill from a young age, and hate-filled chakra beasts roam around. All I can do now is fight to survive.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Chapter Text

Disclaimer: I do not own Naruto or any of the characters.

A/N: this story will contain POVs from other characters too.

Thinking

"Speaking"

Inner Sakura

Chapter 1

When I first opened my eyes, what I saw was... confusing. I saw 2 people standing over me with worried expressions on their faces. The man had pink-ish hair standing up to form a star around his head, and the woman had blonde hair with fringes on her forehead.

What the heck? Who are these people? Hold on... that man's hairstyle is familiar.

A voice suddenly snapped me out of my thoughts.

"Sakura, honey, are you ok?"

"Sakura, can you hear me?"

"What... just happened?" I heard a voice say.

Suddenly I got a rush of two memories. The first one was a girl with blonde hair getting into an accident. Wait, that's me! I was sitting in a taxi, watching 'Naruto' and hating on Sakura, and the driver was on his phone. He didn't pay attention to the truck coming toward us, and we got into an accident.

The second was a girl with pink hair getting into a spar with a blonde girl, and then she zoned out and she got hit. Pinky fell and hit her head on a rock and fainted.

Wait, that's me too!

I thought I died in the collision. Didn't I? I remember seeing a light, I walked towards it, and now here I am.

The woman helps me stand up. I look at her face and the first thing that comes to my mind, surprisingly, is 'kaa-chan'. But I don't know this woman.

"Sakura, are you hurt?" she asks, while checking my arms and face.

"No, I'm fine."

Wait, Sakura? Isn't Sakura in the Naruto world? Sakura Haruno?

I try to clear my head, but I still feel dizzy. Behind them I see a lot of kids, and two adults. One of them has a scar going across the bridge of his nose. The second has white hair.

But what caught my attention were the 2 metal headbands on their foreheads with a familiar symbol on it.

What is going on? Am I dead or alive? Who are these people? Where are we going?

We had started walking. The woman had her arm around me and was leading me somewhere, and the man had given me a bottle of water.

We stopped in front of a house, and entered.

Mebuki and Kizashi.

Wait, what? Ohh, right. Mebuki is the woman and Kizashi the man. Aren't they Sakura's parents?

Oh no.

Sakura's parents are here. They are taking me somewhere. They called me Sakura. There was a man with a scar on his nose, a lot of kids with weird hair colours which look natural.

Oh, hell no! Am I in the Naruto universe? Wait, I know!

"K-Kaa-chan?"

If they look at me weird, I'm still in my world and if they don't react, I'm closer to finding my answer.

"Yes dear?"

No reaction?!

"I... I was at the Academy, right? When I fainted? I was sparring with Ino and I got hit?"

Please react, please react!

"Yes, Sakura. That's what they told us."

No! I'm in the bloody Naruto universe! Oh, the irony! Before dying, I was hating on Sakura, now I'm in her fucking body!

"Kaa-chan, I'm going to go have a shower."

I left Mebuki's side and went to my room. I don't even know how I know the way. The house seems new to me, and yet I know it like the back of my hand. I have a shower and think about what I'm going to do.

Ok, I'm in Sakura's body. In the Naruto world. And I'm in the Academy.

I try to remember whatever I can.

My best friend was Ino, but then we started fighting over Sasuke?! And I'm a fangirl?! Oh, fuck no! Sakura was a fangirl earlier. I am not a fucking fangirl! Wait, I have an Inner Sakura? Sakura had an Inner Sakura, so if I'm Sakura, do I have another personality too? Meh, I'll check it later. Anyway, I should go down now.

I stepped out of the shower and checked my closet. I only had dresses.

Dresses?! Which kunoichi wears dresses?! I gotta change that.

I sigh and wear a dress. I notice my hair, it's so long.

I've always wanted long hair, but if I'm going to be a kunoichi I have to shorten it. Maybe I can leave it long till my third year? Oh wait, that's in two weeks. I'll cut it next week then.

I race down the steps and call out "Kaa-chan! I'm going out to shop!"

I hear her saying "Alright, but be home soon!"

I grab my money, wear my sandals and walk out.

I make my way to the nearest clothes store I find and start searching for the most suitable outfit I can find.

After a few outfits, I decide on a light blue full sleeved top with grey pants. I get a few pairs of those, and a dark green jacket with a lot of pockets. The dark green would help me blend in with the forests around Konoha. Inside, it was a grey colour to blend in with other places. I decided to use it only for missions. I got 2 sets of kunai and shuriken, paid the owner and left.

I'll anyway have to cut my hair, and it's hard to maintain so I think I'll shorten it now.

I found a hairdresser and got my hair cut a little higher than my shoulders.

When I reached home, my mother gasped "Sakura! Why did you cut your hair?!"

I shrugged "I'm going to be a kunoichi. My enemies might use my hair against me."

My mother was disappointed. She always said 'A woman's hair is sacred'.

This memory thing is starting to creep me out. I know things about Sakura, I shouldn't know.

Anyway, by the time I had gotten home, it was already late in the evening. So, I had dinner, changed and went to sleep.

As soon as I closed my eyes, and opened them, I was standing in a place where everything was pink. I assumed it was my mindscape since I could see another Sakura standing there, with her arms crossed and a frown on her face.

Well, that answers my question. I do have an inner Sakura.

I waved a hand and changed everything to blue. Second Sakura walked towards me slowly and asked

~Who are you?! What have you done to my outer body? ~

"I am a girl who died in another world and earlier Sakura got knocked out by Ino, so my soul came into this body."

I didn't find a reason to lie. Especially since she was in my brain.

~I don't think you're lying, but you are changing everything. I don't like it~,Inner Sakura whined.

"Well too bad! This is me now, so I'm going to do whatever I want!" I snapped.

~Since I don't exactly have an option, why don't we make a deal? Hmm? ~

I think about it. If I make a deal, I can get what I want and it might even stop her from calling me here next time.

"Fine," I say.

~You will listen to me whenever I say something, and do whatever I want. But I will only speak to you when I need something. ~

"Ooor, you could not talk to me at all, and I'll come here every night, listen to what you want to say, as long as you never harm me, and I will think about whether or not I want to give you what you ask for. Oh, and you have to help me if Ino ever uses her mind techniques against me."

~Hmm. That's very different from what I said, but if you promise to get me one thing every week, then I can make a deal. ~

"If it's reasonable and within my power, then I'll get what you want. However, if you misbehave, I'll cut off all connection."

~Alright then, we have a deal. Now get out of here, you need rest. ~

Inner Sakura kicks me out.

That was weird.

I closed my eyes. It suddenly sunk in. My eyes quickly opened and widened.

I am in the Naruto universe. I  am in the Naruto universe! I have a new family! I have new friends! I live in a different world! I will never be able to see my original family again!

I forced myself to take several deep breaths.

Its ok. I am living a new life now. I am going to be a kunoichi. I have parents who love me. I have friends. I live in a place my brother and I only imagined. Imagine the envy on his face when I tell him I was actually a kunoichi!

I crack a smile and close my eyes again.

This time I fall asleep peacefully.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

I woke up to my alarm ringing. It was 7 am. I groaned and rolled out of bed. I hate waking up in the morning. I dragged myself to the bathroom and realized today was my first day at the Academy. Well, my first day. Sakura has anyway been attending for almost 3 years. I quickly changed into my new clothes, brushed my hair and went for breakfast.

"Morning, kaa-chan, tou-san!"

"Good morning, Sakura. You seem a lot happier than usual." my mother said, while chuckling.

"Just excited."

That's when my father noticed my new clothes. He looked surprised.

"Why did you get new workout clothes?"

"I, um, I wasn't able to move properly in the other one so I just bought more comfortable clothes."

Please buy it, please buy it!

"Oh ok. I guess so."

I mentally cheered.

"Kaa-chan can I have toast and eggs?"

"Toast and eggs? Sakura, are you ok? You usually eat only one banana for breakfast. You keep saying you need to maintain your figure?"

"Yeah, um, I just got tired very fast because I didn't eat properly, I would get hit by Ino. It was embarrassing."

I grab my breakfast and quickly finish it. I wash my hands and leave for the Academy. On my way, surprisingly, I don't see Ino. According to my memories, she would always meet me, and we would race to the Academy to see who would sit with Sasuke.

Anyway, I got to the Academy and saw Naruto, Sasuke, Shikamaru, who was sleeping, and Choji eating chips.

"Sakura-chan?"

I turn around to the voice. It was Naruto. He was staring at me.

"Yeah Naruto?"

I noticed Shikamaru and Choji staring at me too. Sasuke only looked at me from the corner of his eye, and looked in front again.

"Do I have something on my face?" I walk up to Naruto and sit next to him.

"S-sakura-chan, are you really sitting next to me? What about Sasuke-teme?"

I shrug, "Eh, Ino can sit with him. Not that he will pay attention to her," I smiled slyly at Naruto.

He kept staring at me.

"Okay, seriously, this is getting annoying! Will someone tell me why you all are staring at me?"

"Ugh, troublesome. They are staring at you because firstly, you're not wearing your usual dress. Second, you aren't rushing behind Sasuke like you usually do. Third, you cut your hair. And fourth, you actually sat with Naruto. You normally never sit anywhere near him." Shikamaru says lazily.

Right. I forgot all of that.

"I have reasons for all of that. First- oh hi Ino!"

I just saw Ino entering the classroom with an annoyed expression, which quickly changed to surprise.

"Sakura?!"

"That's me." I cheekily say.

"I thought you would be sitting next to Sasuke-kun."

"Duck-Ass? Nah. He isn't going to pay any attention to whoever sits there, and I anyway don't care." I shrug.

She stares at me. "D-Did you just call Sasuke-kun, Duck-Ass? And what are you wearing? Why did you cut your hair? And why the hell are you sitting with him of all people?"

I noticed Naruto looking down and sad, and so I said,

"Ok, firstly, he has a name and it's Naruto. And why can't I sit with him? He's my classmate, and I can sit with him if I want to."

I saw Naruto's face light up and look at me in surprise.

"Now back to your other questions, yes, i did call him Duck-Ass, I'm wearing this because it's more comfortable, easier to move in, and hopefully I'll be able to dodge your attacks today. Why did I cut my hair? Because ninjas will use my long hair against me. I like to live, thank you very much."

"But Sakura, Sasuke-kun likes girls with long hair! And those clothes make you look ugly. And Naruto's the dead last!" Ino says, coming to my table.

"So, what if Sasuke likes girls with long hair? If he did, one of you would have had his attention by now. And after getting knocked down repeatedly, I thought about why and what I'm doing. If I care about my looks, I won't have time to train. If I don't train, I'll get injured or worse. And if that happens, my parents will be pissed! I don't want that to happen so I've decided I'm going to focus on my training more than my looks. And I really don't care anymore if Naruto's the dead last. He's nice, I was mean to him before and I want to make up for it. Oh, hello Iruka-sensei!"

"Hello Sakura. I have to say, I like the new look. Anyway, let's start class." Iruka-sensei said while chuckling.

While Iruka-sensei was giving us another speech on history, Naruto turned to me and asked, "Sakura-chan, when you said you wanted to make up to me, and that you don't care if I'm the dead last, did you mean it?"

"I did Naruto. I meant every word. I honestly don't care if you're the dead last." I gave him a warm smile.

"Thanks Sakura-chan. So... will you go on a date with me?" He instantly braced himself. I guess I did hit hard.

"Naruto. I'm sorry, but I won't go on a date with you. I like you, but just as a friend. Maybe sometime in the future, but not now."

He stared at me with his mouth open.

I chuckled, "You might want to close your mouth before something goes in."

He shook his head, and gave me a smile. I returned it and turned my attention back to the board.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

At the end of the day, I was tired as hell. My stamina is shit! I walked to my house at a snail's pace, trying to catch my breath on my way back.

While walking, I remembered Naruto shouting during one of the classes.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Flashback

Mizuki-sensei called out everyone's name to show their transformations. When Naruto's name was called, he tried to transform into the Hokage, but failed miserably. The whole class started laughing, excluding me, Hinata, And Sasuke. Sasuke didn't laugh but he did give a smirk. Naruto got angry and started yelling "Agh! Just you all wait! When I become Hokage, you all will have to respect me! And then we'll see who's laughing!" He angrily marched over to our table and sat down with a huff.

I giggle and say "Don't worry Naruto. I believe you will become Hokage."

"You do? Really? Thanks, Sakura-chan! What's your dream?"

"My dream? I don't know yet."

Flashback end

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

My dream huh? Hmm. I haven't really thought about it. What do I want to do? I want to be an S-rank shinobi and the best healer ever. I guess I can borrow books from the library first. I'll go ask around at the hospital if anyone will teach me the basics.

I reached home, and dragged myself to the bath. I soaked in the hot water for a blissful 20 minutes before coming out. As soon as I went down, I saw a note on the fridge.

Dear Sakura,

I have gone out to shop, I'll be back in an hour, help yourself to whatever you want, and go take a nap. I know you are tired.

Love, Kaa-chan.

I smiled as I read the note

You know me so well mom.

I left it on the dining table and made a couple of sandwiches filled with vegetables. I ate it while going to my room and flopped onto the bed. I just sat and ate, while thinking the whole time,

What else can I do? I can't only heal people. I have to be able to prepare myself too. Eventually Sasuke will have to let me train with him. So, taijutsu is covered. My chakra control is good, so I suppose I could go for genjutsu. I'm sure Iruka-sensei can help me with it. My reserves are small, so I might not be able to use much ninjutsu... so I'll have to make sure my Taijutsu is above average.

As soon as I was done with my sandwich, I hit my pillow. I soon drifted into a deep sleep.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Just like the last 2 weeks, I woke to the sound of my alarm. I shut it and dragged myself out of bed again. I got dressed and went down for breakfast. I had toast and eggs again. I had started my Medical Ninjutsu training a week ago and I could now successfully heal any minor wounds.

Flashback

I walk in and ask the receptionist who the best doctor in the hospital is. She points towards one of the doors, and says "The best doctor is Shizuka. You'll find her in that room." I thank her and walk towards the room. I knock, and someone with a kind voice speaks. "Who is it?"

"Umm, Shizuka-san, I'm Sakura Haruno. I wanted to talk to you. Are you free?"

"Come on in."

I enter and see a woman with brown hair, kind black eyes and a smile on her face. "How can I help you, Sakura?"

"Um, I was wondering if you could teach me some Medical Jutsus?"

"Medical Jutsu? Are you interested in medicine?"

I nodded and replied, "I am, actually. I'm going to graduate soon, and I wanted to know medical jutsu to heal anyone who needs it."

"Well, how much do you know?"

"I don't really know much, but I'm willing to study as much as I can." I said with determination.

"Very well. I'll teach you. But you will need to take time out of your day to come here every day."

"Hai. Thank you very much Shizuka-sensei!"

Flashback end

While eating, I remembered something Ino had done yesterday, and how I had finally healed someone other than myself.

Flashback

I was walking home when Ino ran up to me and stood in front of me.
"Who are you and what have you done to Sakura?!" She demanded.

"I am Sakura. Why won't you believe me? Not that I care, but this is getting annoying. Don't think I haven't noticed you shooting me glances during class." I said irritably.

"See?! Sakura cared about what I had to say! She liked Sasuke-kun! And she loved her hair! She would never cut it!"

"Yeah? Well, maybe I changed. Maybe I value my life over my hair. Ino, do you really think our enemies won't use our long hair against us? They will easily be able to capture us that way! If you actually believe that, then you need a wakeup call."

A flash of hurt and anger crossed her face.

"Fine. If you won't tell me who you are, I'll just find out myself. Mind transfer Jutsu!"

Ino's body fell down. I continued standing. I saw bruises forming on her body. After a few minutes, Ino got up groaning. Once I saw she could move, I bent down and started treating her wounds. Once I was done, I said, "I'm gonna let this go this time. Next time, I'm going to tell your parents, and they won't like to hear that their darling daughter and clan heir is using their clan techniques on civilians for no reason, would they? And what you felt in my head? It's gonna be a thousand times worse." I started walking home, and had a slight smile on my face.

Flashback end

Just before leaving for the Hospital, I said, "Oh, kaa-chan, I almost forgot. I'll be late today. I don't know what time I'll come home."

"Alright. Be careful though!"

"Bye!"

I rushed to the Academy and found Sasuke.

"Hey Sas-"

"Sasuke-kun!"

I turned and saw Ino running towards Sasuke.

Then she spotted me.

"What are you doing here, Forehead?"

I shrugged, "I just wanted to ask something, Ino. Doesn't matter, I'll ask him later"

Sasuke and Ino both narrowed their eyes at me. I gave them both a grin and walked back to my seat.

Today, I hoped we did the Taijutsu spars. I never liked Taijutsu, but I had decided to do my best, so that I could defend myself.

Iruka-sensei entered and started with history. I already knew all of it from the later chapters from the Manga. Hashirama and Madara fought at the Valley of the End, Madara died, blah blah blah. At this point, I might know more about Konoha's history than Iruka-sensei! I zoned out for most of it.

Inner Sakura pulls me in my mindscape and says, ~Hi~

*My Mindscape*

"Oi! What did we talk about? You're not supposed to talk to me!"

~Well, you didn't come to talk to me last night! ~

"I was exhausted, so I slept as soon as I came home."

~You still didn't come, so I get to talk whenever I want today. ~

"Fine, but only during school, and only today!"

Inner Sakura pouted.

~Fine. I don't like it, but okay. Now shoo, Iruka-sensei is looking at you. ~

I left my mindscape.

Iruka-sensei was, in fact, looking at me. He smiled and said "Sakura, you tell me. Who were the previous Hokages?"

"The Shodaime Senju Hashirama, the Nidaime Senju Tobirama, our current Hokage, Sandaime Sarutobi Hiruzen, and the Yondaime Namikaze Minato." I recited.

"Very good."

...And I zoned out again.

Fortunately, we had Taijutsu next.

Mizuki entered the class and shouted, "Everyone outside now. Come on, quickly."

Everyone ran outside and waited for Mizuki-sensei to come.

We started with laps around the field. Then we moved onto pushups, a few stretches, Mizuki-sensei gave us a break for 5 minutes and then we all lined up for our Taijutsu spars. Mizuki-sensei assigned me with Ino.

"You're gonna get knocked down again, Forehead!"

"Whatever, Ino-pig."

We both took our stances, and Mizuki sensei said, "Hajime!"

Ino ran up to me and tried to punch me, I pushed her hand aside and punched her stomach with my other hand. She doubled over and I kicked her on her lower back, trying to knock her down. She fell down, but stood up quickly and I tried to punch her in the face. She dodged and kicked me in the chest. I got pushed back, but managed to stay standing. I rushed towards her and did a quick leg sweep to get her to fall. When she fell, Mizuki sensei called the round. I guess all those taekwondo classes and spars in my previous life paid off. I offered her my hand, and helped her up.

We both formed the Seal of Reconcilation.

Everyone from my class started clapping for me. Except Duck-Ass, of course.

"You just got lucky, Forehead!" Ino scowled.

"Sure, Ino-pig." I said with sarcasm dripping from my words.

Mizuki sensei started all the other matches... and ended them within a few minutes.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

At the end of the day, I'm not as tired, and I'm happy. I finally beat Ino! I find Sasuke near the street and call out to him. "Sasuke! Sasuke!"

He ignores me and keeps walking. I roll my eyes and run up to him. When I finally catch up, he scowls and irritably asks, "...What do you want?"

"I want to train with you."

He narrows his eyes at me.

"I'm not fangirling! I just want to train with you. You are the best in our class, and I want to be better than I am right now. You won't even have to wait for me. You can continue with whatever it is you're doing."

He grunts, "No. You're only going to hold me back."

I sigh, "Fine, I won't bother you again...",

For today, that is.

Sasuke seems surprised at my quick acceptance but he quickly recovers and walks away.

The moment his back was turned, I let a smirk play across my face.

I'm going to keep pestering him till he agrees.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

I ran towards the Academy in search of Iruka-sensei. I found him leaving the Academy. I ran up to him and blurted, "Iruka-senseiwillyouhelpmewithGenjutsu?"

"Slow down, Sakura. Could you repeat that?"

"Iruka-sensei, can you please help me with Genjutsu?"

"Genjutsu? I could, but why do you want to learn Genjutsu? You haven't shown any interest in it so far."

"Yeah, I was thinking about what I could specialize in, and I realized, with my small chakra reserves, I could do Genjutsu! And then I thought, 'Iruka-sensei might be able to help me!' So, will you help me?"

"Of course, I'll help you! I'm a teacher. It's what I do!"

"Great! When can you teach me?"

"Well, I'm free now. You could come with me; I can help now."

I shrugged, "Ok,"

We start walking towards his house. It's not very big, but it's not small either. He leads me to the backyard. He faces me and says, "Ok, let's start with something simple. How about Demonic Illusion: False Surroundings? It's an E-Rank Genjutsu. It can be used to hide or change the appearance of an object. However, if someone touches it, the Genjutsu is broken." He picks up a leaf and slowly goes through the hand signs, and places the illusion on his hand. Suddenly, I can't see the leaf anymore.

"This is what you have to practice. Try to hide the leaf first then, take a bottle or flower and try to change the colour."

"Alright." I pick up leaf and try to place the Genjutsu. I manage to hide half of it.

I continue that till I start feeling tired. I thank Iruka-sensei, and head home.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

The Academy started at 8:30 am, so I would go to the hospital at 6 am and train for two hours, before leaving for the Academy.

After a week, I mastered Demonic Illusion: False Surroundings. Turns out my chakra control was very good! Shizuka-sensei also taught me the Human Body in detail.

Every day, after the Academy I would go up to Sasuke and ask for the same thing. He would say no every time and I would ask him again the next day.

Eventually, after 5 months, he gave in and said, "You're not going to leave me alone, are you?"

"Nope," I pop the P.

"Fine. You can come. But I am not going to wait for you. If you can keep up, good for you. If not, too bad."

I grin.

"Deal,"

By now I was very good at Medical Ninjutsu, all the basics and some advanced, and I had mastered quite a few Genjutsu.

We reach the Uchiha clan compound.

"Whoa! That's bigger than it seems!"

Sasuke smirks.

"Come on. The training ground's this way."

I follow him. We go through the house, and I notice it's very well kept and clean.

We reach a huge field with a lot of punching bags, dummies, kunai, shuriken and a plain field.

Sasuke starts running around the field at a fast pace. I start running too. After around 20 minutes we both stop. I slowed down a lot at the end, but I kept going. Sasuke overtook me a few times, but his pace stayed the same till the end. We both were drenched in sweat.

"Damn. I have to build my stamina up." I said, while breathing hard.

"Do you do this every day?" I asked

"No. Just the days I have to do stamina training." His smirk told me he was doing it on purpose.

"What's next?"

"You're still going? I thought you would have quit by now. You definitely don't try this much at the Academy."

"Yeah well. If I'm fast I can dodge and survive. Plus, I gotta be good to be an S-rank nin."

"Hn,"

I deadpan.

Sasuke walks toward the kunai and the targets. He picks one up, walk back to me and casually throws it to the target. It hits dead center. He turns to me and smirks, "Your turn."

I roll my eyes and walk up to the kunai and grab a handful. I walk till where he's standing and throw one. It hits the corner. I try again, and this time it's closer.
"Third time's the charm", I mutter. This time it hits the center of the target. I tried again, but I missed.

We do weapons practice for a while, and then spar. At around 7:30 pm, I decide to head home.

"Hey Sasuke! I have to go home now. I'll see you tomorrow."

He nods, and I leave. At the end of the day, I was exhausted! Medical training, Genjutsu training, Academy, and the training with Sasuke. Hey, I might be 14 years old mentally, but my body is still of a 11-year old's!

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

I go to the Hospital every morning for 2 hours, meet Iruka-sensei only once I've mastered the Genjutsu, and go to Sasuke's house after the Academy. I continue this routine for 7 months. Eventually Sasuke starts talking to me, instead of going 'Hn' or just ignoring me.

Flashback

It had been 3 months since I had started training with Sasuke. One day, when I came to the compound, I found Sasuke standing there as if he was waiting.

"Hey, Sasuke!"

"Hello."

We start training, and I manage to throw all my kunai in the center of the target. I hear Sasuke say, "That was good... Sakura."

I just stared at him in surprise. That was the first time he had said my name instead of just talking.

Flashback end

Every day, whenever we would spar, he would knock me down. I would have a lot of bruises on my body. But after a few weeks, I finally landed a hit. I still wasn't very good, but I was improving. I could defeat Ino easily during the Academy.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Flashback

Sasuke and I were sparring, when he came towards me with his right hand pulled back. I barely managed to kick him in the ribs and push him back, he quickly came back and did a leg-sweep and made me fall and pointed a kunai at me. I smile, "I landed a hit this time."

He nodded. "That was... acceptable. Go home and rest, I'll see you tomorrow." He turned and there was a small smile on his face. A... proud smile?

Flashback end

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

And whenever I came in the morning, I would sit with Sasuke, and he would move over to make space for me. I think he's warming up to me.

Flashback

1 month had passed since we started training together. I entered the classroom in the Academy, and saw Ino trying to sit with Sasuke. He ignored her. She huffed and walked away. I walked towards him, and when he saw me, he moved to the side making space for me to sit.

Flashback end

Soon, the day of our graduation came, and my name was called. Sasuke gave me a nod, as if to say 'good luck' and I gave him a smile. I nervously walked over to Iruka-sensei and Mizuki-sensei. They both gave me a smile and said, "Sakura, do the substitution with that log." I look at the log, make the necessary hand signs, and switch places.

"Very good, now perform the Henge, and make three clones."

I henge into Iruka-sensei, and then make three perfect clones.

"Congratulations Sakura! You pass!" I pick up a head band with a red colour, and tie it on my head.

"Thank you, sensei!"

I calmly walked outside and towards Sasuke, but inside I was jumping up and down in joy, along with Inner Sakura screaming.

"Hey Sasuke. I passed!"

"Congratulations Sakura." He gave me a rare smile. Shino, Shikamaru, Kiba all went out, and came back within a few minutes with their headbands. Sasuke goes next. He, too, comes out soon. He smirks and points to his headband.

"Congrats! I knew you could do it!"

"I'm an Uchiha. Of course, I could do it."

I shake my head and roll my eyes.

"Just sit down."

Lastly, it was Naruto's turn. He went in and came out very quickly. I noticed he didn't have a headband with him. I felt bad, but what could I do? Well, at least he'll pass after Mizuki tries to get the Forbidden Scroll.

Naruto was about to cross my seat, so I said, "You'll do it next time, Naruto." He just gave me a sad smile and walked past.

After the graduation, I walked out and was about to go home, when he asked, "Sakura. Where are you going? Aren't you coming to train?"

"Well since I passed, I thought I could go to my house and show my parents. Are you really going to train today?"

"Well, yeah." he said, while looking down.

"I have an idea. Go home and do some weapons training or something. No stamina or ninjutsu, ok? I'll be at your house in around 20 minutes."

Sasuke shrugs, "Okay".

I race home and call out to my mom. "Kaa-chan! Kaa-chan, where are you?"

"I'm in the bedroom!" I hear her shout.

I run towards the bedroom and open the door. "Kaa-chan, I graduated!"

My mom looks at me in surprise, "What was that Sakura?"

"I said I graduated. I'm a kunoichi now!"

My mom blinks, then she glomps me, and smotheres me with kisses. "Oh, my baby is a ninja! Sakura, I'm so proud of you! How about we go out for dinner tonight?"

"Kaa-chaaan, I'm not a baby anymore! I'm an adult now!" I whine.

"And I can't go out for dinner anyway, I have to be at the Academy early tomorrow for our teams!"

"Hmm, then how about I make your favorite foods tonight? I bet you'll want to go to Sasuke's house now?"

I nod sheepishly. Then I feel sad, "Yes, I'll be going to his house. I don't feel comfortable about letting him be alone after his graduation. I'll be home in a few hours though! I'm leaving now. Bye kaa-chan!"

I run to Sasuke's house as fast as I can, and I see him standing in the training field throwing his kunai as fast as he can.

"Sasuke!"

He turns to face me, and he says, "Hello again, Sakura"

"If you're ready, we can get going."

"Get going? Where are we going?"

"That's a surprise." I say with a grin.

"I don't like surprises," Sasuke says with suspicion.

"I know, but you'll like this one. Trust me."

He hesitates, but then nods.

"Great! Let's go." I grab his hand and drag him to the market. I stop in front of one of my favorite shops.

He blinks twice and then turns to me. "Ice cream? Your surprise is getting ice cream?"

"Duck-Ass, when was the last time you had ice cream or did anything other than train?" I ask him with a knowing glance.

Sasuke looks down and mutters, "When my mo... everyone was still alive."

"I'm sorry, Sasuke." I say in a sad tone.

He gives me a sad smile.

I shook my head and put on a smile, "Come on, we're getting ice cream. I'll buy." my tone brooked no argument.

Sasuke sighs, "Fine." I dragged him inside.

A few minutes later, we both exit the shop with a cone in our hands and a smile on our faces.

We both got a scoop of chocolate ice cream and I asked him, "Well, what do you wanna do now?"

He thought about it. "I do have a place we can go... I usually use it to train, but it's peaceful."

I shrug, "Sure." He leads the way to one of the forests near the village and we go deeper inside. Suddenly, we hear voices near us.

"Is that... Mizuki-sensei?" I ask in a hushed tone.

"I think so. And is that Naruto? What are they doing here?"

We crouch down, and move towards them. We hear Naruto say, "-Mizuki-sensei said if I steal the scroll and give it to him, I will pass the exam and become a Genin!"

"Naruto, Mizuki lied to you. He used you for his personal gain! Don-"

"So, you finally found us Iruka."

"Don't come any closer, Mizuki!" Iruka-sensei drew his kunai. Mizuki took his fuuma shuriken from his back and was about to throw it, when Naruto shouted, "Stop! Mizuki-sensei, why are you doing this?"

"Brat, do you know why everyone in this village hates you? Do you know why you are shunned? Why you were kicked out of the orphanage?"

"Mizuki don't say it! It's forbidden!" Iruka-sensei yells.

"Do you remember the Kyuubi attack 13 years ago? The Yondaime couldn't kill it, so he sealed the demon into you! You are the Kyuubi reborn!" Mizuki starts laughing.

Sasuke's eyes widen, Naruto freezes. Mizuki gets ready to throw his shuriken at Naruto, but Iruka-sensei gets in the way. He gets hit on his back and he is crouched over Naruto.

Iruka-sensei coughs, and looks straight at Naruto, "Naruto... listen t-to me. You aren't the k-kyuubi... you are N-Naruto Uzumaki."

I nudge Sasuke and whisper, "We have to do something!"

Sasuke nods, "I'll try to sneak up on Mizuki and distract him, while you go down to the village and call for help."

"What?! Sasuke, he's a chunin! What if he notices you? What then?!"

"Trust me Sakura. I'll distract him, go find help."

I sigh. "Fine, but you better be careful!"

He nods again, "I will"

I carefully turn around and start walking towards the village. As soon as I get far enough, I start running. I run straight to the Hokage, and run to one of the ANBU.

"Mizuki has betrayed the village, Iruka-sensei is injured and Naruto and Sasuke are there too! I have to see the Hokage!" They escorted me to the Hokage and I burst through.

"Hokage-sama, forgive me for barging in, but Mizuki has betrayed the village, Iruka-sensei is injured and Naruto and Sasuke are trying to fight him by themselves!"

The Hokage stands up quickly and starts walking towards me, "Let's go."

It takes us about 30 seconds to get back using the Hokage's shunshin. When we arrive, we see hundreds of Naruto clones, Sasuke heaving, and Mizuki with burns on his right hand and leg. Suddenly all the Naruto clones pounced on Mizuki, who tried to fight them all, but failed miserably. I notice the Sandaime's eyes widen, then he gives a small smile. He looks at me and says, "I think they'll be fine." he turns to one of the ANBU and says, "Get Iruka to the hospital, and see if Sasuke or Naruto need medical assistance."

"Hai Hokage-sama."

The Third turns around walks away. I run towards Iruka-sensei, Sasuke and Naruto. "Iruka-sensei! Duch-Ass, Naruto are you both ok?"

Naruto nods, while Sasuke says, "We're fine, but we need to take Iruka-sensei to the hospital!"

I point to the ANBU with a crow mask and say, "ANBU-san is here to help us."

"Naruto." Iruka-sensei calls. "Come here," Naruto looks curious and walks up to him. He smiles at the confused blonde and takes of his own hitai-ite, and ties it around Naruto's forehead. I smile at that. Naruto opens his eyes, and Iruka-sensei say, "Congratulations Naruto! You pass!" Naruto grins widely at Iruka-sensei, and then jumps up and shouts "Hooray!"

I laugh and Sasuke snorts.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Next day, at the Academy

Sasuke and I are sitting together, and discussing the teams.

"Who would you want on your team, Duck-Ass?"

"Will you stop calling me that? And people who are strong."

I roll my eyes. He is still obsessed with power. Not as much as canon, but it's still there. An evil grin makes its way onto my face. I think I'm going to mess with him a little. I clear my throat softly, and look at him with wide eyes,

"Don't you want me on your team, Sasuke-kun?" I say in a fangirlish and sugar-sweet voice.

He shudders, "Do not do that ever again. I get enough of that from Yamanaka and the rest."

"Ok okay, I won't." I say while chuckling. "But seriously, would you want me on your team?"

Sasuke thought about it. "We are used to each other's attacks so we would be able to work together. And if you ever do learn healing or genjutsu, it would make a good combination."

I cross my hands and say, "Wrong answer, Uchiha. The correct answer is, you want me on your team because we are friends."

"Hn," I hit his hand hard.

"Ow, what was that for?" he whined.

"You said 'Hn',"

"Seriously, Sakura?"

I nod.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Flashback

After 5 months of training and hanging out together, we were taking a break from training, when Sasuke asked me, "Sakura? Why are you becoming a ninja?"

"I want to be strong enough to protect my family, friends, those who are close to me."

"I see. And what do you want to specialize in?

"Healing and, if it's possible, genjutsu. I can help my team with healing them, while I can also go for long range and my teammates can go for either mid-range, or close quarters."

"But how will Genjutsu help protect? Don't you need to know Ninjutsu or Taijutsu?"

I grinned, "Why do you think I'm training with you right now? I could have easily continued what I was doing during the first 2 years. Do you remember or do I need to remind you?"

Sasuke shuddered, "I remember."

Flashback end

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Iruka-sensei enters and starts his speech on our responsibilities as Genin, how we have to respect our jounin senseis. I zone out and think about the teams.

Will it be like canon? Or have I changed everything?

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

A/N: Hey guys! Sorry to leave it on a cliff hanger, but I have no idea what the teams should be.

And just to clear it all up, I died when I was 13, I came into Sakura's body when she was 11, so in the starting of the third year in the Academy. I have all of Sakura's memories and my parents want me to become a kunoichi.

Anyway, now that's all cleared up, I would love to read your reviews, and if you have any suggestions for the teams, please let me know! I can't promise that I will use it, but if I like it, I might!

Kristina.