Actions

Work Header

Friend from the wild side

Summary:

Can a rich young master soften the heart of a street gang leader who doesn’t want love?

Chapter Text

 

“I told you to stop coming here.” Pete shuffled uncomfortably at the sound of those words. He hated hearing them. “I know, I heard you.” “Then go home! This isn’t a place for you.” The man sat beside him, bumping into Pete’s shoulder. Pete knew it; a street gang’s hide out with violent men and motorcycles was no place for a preppy rich kid like him, but he couldn’t help himself. He wanted to see Ae, even if it meant he’d be in danger. Pete fell in love with the man the minute he saved his life, and he wanted him by his side.

~a week ago~


“Come on, we’re friends, remember? We used to hang out all the time in middle school!” Trump wrapped his arm around Pete’s shoulder and squeezed him tightly. Pete could smell the alcohol on his breath and his stomach immediately turned. He felt nauseated just by being in Trump’s presence as the memories of his middle school days were just awful. There was no hanging out as friends. Trump bullied Pete for lunch, for money, for things and favours, making his school days miserable, until he found himself a group of like minded friends and they turned violent. Pete started spending breaks hidden behind the lockers or in janitor’s closet in hopes to avoid his tormentors.

“I have to go home.” Pete muttered quietly as he tried to move away, but Trump was holding him tight as his other friends snickered around. “We’re kinda hungry, how about you buy us some snacks? For old times sake.” Trump harshly pinched his cheek. Pete flinched. “No, I really have to go home, mom is waiting for me and-“ “Lend me some money, I know you have it. I’ll pay you back.” Trump lied as he opened his palm in a ‘gimme’ gesture, nudging Pete in the ribs. Pete started to tremble and finally managed to wiggle himself free and he started backing off. “Come on, let’s have some fun. Don’t you like this? Having boys around you? Come here you little faggot!” Trump’s fake smile disappeared and he charged after Pete who stumbled as he tried to run. 

Unfamiliar with the area Pete rushed between the buildings until he got stopped by a railing and a good ten metre drop beneath it. There was nowhere else to run as the group approached him and he saw a flash of silver in trump’s hand. That bastard had a knife and a sinister grin on his face as he inched closer, making Pete hug the railing. He quickly looked down, knowing if he jumped he’d probably die and he started to tear up. A roar of a motorcycle made the group turn around in shock and Pete watched as the biker turned around, charging straight at them. It seemed like chaos when he was suddenly grabbed by the arm and tossed at the backseat of the motorcycle by a stranger that didn’t seem to care for helmets. Pete grabbed the man’s waist just in time as he quickly sped up and drove off with him, his open jacket slapping Pete in the face.

After what seemed to be at least ten minutes the motorcycle slowed down and came to a full stop infront of a bus station. “Hey kid, you alright? Oi!” The man jerked his shoulder and Pete finally realised just how tightly he held on, his tears soaking up in the denim jacket infront of him. He quickly let go and wiped his snotty face into his own sleeve. “Yeah uhm… thank you.” He hiccuped. “Don’t thank me, just get off already.” He tapped Pete’s leg and the boy stepped off, finally getting a good look at his saviour’s face. The guy was definitely older than him and looked kinda ragged, but Pete couldn’t stop thinking how handsome that stranger was, with his thick brows and messy hair. His denim jacket had several cuts and safety pins as well as ironed on patches and messy handwritten lettering on the sleeves. His jeans were equally as ripped and his steel toed biker boots hugged his calves. 

As Pete’s eyes fell on the blood covered baseball bat attached to the guy’s leg, another motorcycle parked just besides them with a guy who was definitely of the same bunch. “Where the fuck did you go Ae?! Have you forgotten that- who the hell is this kid?” The guy shouted. Pete’s saviour, the man the other guy called Ae, clicked his tongue. “No one. Hey kid, take a bus and go home. There’s bad guys lurking around.” His friend snickered at that remark and kicked Ae’s front wheel. “Let’s go already.” “Alright alright. Such a nag.” He kicked off the stand of his motorcycle and the engine roared to life. A cloud of dust and dirt followed them as they drove off and Pete stared as they disappeared in the distance. He wanted to talk to the guy, thank him, but he was gone. As Pete got on the bus home, he leaned his face against a window and absentmindedly stared at his surroundings. For a brief second he noticed several motorcycles parked by the entrance of an abandoned building, and one of them, was Ae’s.



“I just wanted to see you.” Pete sighed. The building was shabby with many broken windows boarded from the inside and several motorcycles parked just by the entrance. Pete never walked inside, but he could hear the voices and drunken laughter of at least ten people, and he saw a few of them as they walked outside for a smoke. They all gave Pete the stink eye whenever he appeared and sat on the ground infront of the building, hoping to catch a glimpse of the gang’s charismatic young leader that stole his heart. It was on day 3 of his lurking around that Ae finally talked to him, and he was angry. He didn’t shout but showed a clear displeasure of seeing Pete and shooed him away. 

“Pete, seriously, just go home. I don’t know what you’re searching for, but it isn’t here.” Ae said as he cracked open a can of beer and took a big gulp. He wiped his mouth with the back of his hand and cussed quietly as he spilled some beer onto a patch on his jacket. With a little struggle he managed to rip the damaged thing off and tossed it in the bushes before using a lighter to seal the loose threads sticking out. “I’m not searching for anything. I just want to talk to you.” Pete said as he pulled his knees closer and rested his chin on them. “About what? Besides, if any of my boys want to hurt you, I won’t stop them and I won’t protect you. You’re not supposed to be here.” “You saved my life, you’re my hero.” “Listen kid-“ “Stop calling me kid!” Pete frowned. “I’m not a kid, I’m 17.”

Ae scoffed. “That’s still a kid, and you’re still in your school uniform. Go. Home. Now.” “No.” “Damn it, Pete! What do you want from me?” Ae raised his voice slightly. Pete shrugged. “I don’t know. I just…I can’t stop thinking about you. I want to get to know you, and be by your side all the time. I don’t care even if you’re 30.” He sighed. That last remark made Ae actually choke on his beer and he smacked Pete to the back of his head. “Hey, I’m not that old, Im 21.” “Ow! Sorry sorry.” Pete rubbed his head; that slap hurt. He watched as a motorcycle parked besides the others and the rider took off the helmet. It was a girl, tall and blonde, and Pete gulped nervously as she started approaching them. He noticed how Ae smiled when she stopped just few feet infront of them. It was then that Pete took a proper look on her face and saw a giant scar decorating a good half of it, as if some wild animal ripped her face. She was still beautiful even with the scar, and clearly Ae thought so too as he quickly stood up and tossed away the empty beer can.

She looked at Pete and raised a slashed eyebrow. “Who’s the kid?” “Oh, he’s just…it doesn’t matter. Someone who’s following me around.” Ae smiled as he gave her a very tight hug and kiss on a cheek. She took his arm and they walked into the building, but not before Ae turned around and spoke to Pete one last time. “Go home, and stop coming here. If I see you again, I can’t guarantee you’ll walk out of here alive. I am no hero. I grabbed you on a whim.” He frowned before he disappeared inside and Pete heard more commotion. Without hesitation Pete reached into the bush, searching for the fabric patch with the light of his phone until he found it and put it in the pocket before promptly running off towards the bus stop. 

“I didn’t think you’d come, Lisa. It’s been a month. Is Jin not treating you well? Want me to beat him up?” Ae let her sit on his folded up jacket. He didn’t even have to shoot a warning glare towards the other guys as they all knew very well not to cross him when it comes to Lisa. They were not allowed to touch her, hit on her, or be inappropriate in any way. She was his sister after all, and Ae’s fists defended her every single time. No one dared to go against their leader. Lisa shook her head. “No, he’s absolutely wonderful. I just came to tell you the news. I’m pregnant!” She grinned. Ae pulled her into a hug but quickly retracted himself so he wouldn’t press on her stomach. “Don’t worry, I’m just two months, I’m still okay with your hugs. Now, tell me who that kid was.”

Ae sighed as his excitement from her pregnancy faded when she asked about Pete. Ae shrugged. “I really don’t know. A week ago he was bullied by some guys so I just tossed him on my bike and drove him away from the place. Then the next day he showed up here and comes every day just to see me, but t I don’t talk to him. You’ve seen him, you can tell what kind of a preppy posh rich kid he is. I can’t be friends with that kind of person. It’s not safe for him here, and I haven’t really done anything heroic like he thinks. Young master like him doesn’t belong to our world.” Ae sighed, looking around. Everyone here was ragged, half crazy, violent and just generally not a good person. Still, those eight men and one woman stick together and protected one another without hesitation.

Lisa ruffled his hair, just like Ae has done to her when they were younger. “Aw, you are a hero. You might not realise but even now you’re already protecting him by pushing him away so he wouldn’t get hurt. Ae, even with all the shit you do, you’re still a good person at heart. It wouldn’t be bad for you to find someone…” Lisa looked around at the ruffians around them. “Someone nice. Next time perhaps don’t push him away. If he wants to talk to you, then talk. Get to know each other. Besides, I can already tell he’s your type when it comes to looks, isn’t he?” She nudged Ae in the ribs and the young man felt his ears get warm. “Whatever. Next time I see him, I’ll shoo him away just the same.” Ae shook his head. But that was a lie. When the following day came and Pete paced around infront of the building, Ae felt a smile tickling his lip. He was glad to see him.