Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warnings:
Categories:
Fandom:
Relationships:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Teen wolf, Aleatoria01, My amazing all time favourites., Teen Wolf Fanfics Even Though It’s 2022, My Favourite Teen Wolf Fanfics!!!, Favorite Stiles Fics and Crossovers, Tyls Favs, Kelly's Picks
Stats:
Published:
2021-07-06
Completed:
2021-11-13
Words:
98,275
Chapters:
10/10
Comments:
220
Kudos:
1,963
Bookmarks:
695
Hits:
53,853

Put your loving hand out, baby.

Summary:

"You trained me too well, and I listened, like you always said, 'Don't only trust your magic, always have a backup  plan."

He then gives a two-finger salute, the sign he has trained with his pack, and before she can react, two shots are heard in the clearing. Blue blood starts spilling out of her mouth before she coughs and falls to her knees. Her eyes are wide and focused on Stiles.

Stiles sits on his haunches in front of her, so he's on eye level with her. "It's pretty stupid that people keep underestimating me. You should've known better-" Lydia screams in the distance, and Stiles knows it's time.

***

After the warehouse disaster, Stiles finds himself surrounded by a couple of people he hadn't expected. Like at all. See how Stiles becomes more badass, starts his own pack, and finds love in unexpected places.

Chapter 1: The start

Notes:

So! I'm here with another story! Whoop!

I also have already written a lot for this story, there is a reason this chapter is this long...

Okay, a couple of things:
I don't own Teen Wolf, (but I wish I did!)
I just borrow the characters!

I also borrowed the title from the song Beggin' from Madcon (but the song is popular again in my home country because of the band Maneskin).

***

Stiles is seventeen at the beginning of this story, Derek and Stiles aren't happening for quite some time in this story. As you see in the tags, it will be a poly relationship with Allison, and Allison and Stiles will come together sooner than they will be with Derek!

Have fun! And please leave kudos and comments! I love those!

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

 

Stiles groans when the doorbell rings, and he is forced to wake up. Everything hurts, and he is debating for a moment if he really was better of not going to the hospital last night. 

 

He knows his dad had an early shift, and he has left Stiles alone after yesterday, thank god. Stiles knows that his dad didn't believe him when he told him that the opposite team had taken him and beaten him up. But what could Stiles say? 'Yo pops! I feel like I'm dying because Grandpa Argent beat my ass in the ground because I should have been a 'message'! Everything totally cool now though, Scott then betrayed Derek while betraying Grandpa Argent, and we hope that Grandpa Argent died, but nobody is sure! Ooh! And nobody even noticed that I was bleeding all over my jeep. Oh, you saw the dent in my jeep? Yeah, I ran over Jackson, who isn't dead. Surprise!'

 

Yeah. Not going to happen. Stiles likes to be free and not locked up in a loony bin. Thank you very much. 

 

The doorbell rings again, and Stiles whimpers when he sits up. Fuck. He probably has some bruised ribs or something. He grumbles all the way down. 

 

Then he opens the door and is shocked to see perfect strawberry blonde hair with piercing green eyes next to a scowling blonde asshole. 

 

"Jesus Stilinski, you look like shit," Jackson says while standing on Stiles's porch, looking Stiles up and down with a sneer. 

 

"Feel like it too. What the fuck do you want?" Stiles snaps. Already done with today, thankfully, his dad agreed that he should stay home the last week of school, so he wanted to chill and at least get some healing in before another supernatural shitshow would start. It also didn't help that his heart was broken yesterday. 

 

He couldn't blame Lydia for choosing Jackson, but that didn't mean it hurt any less. But what really cut him was when Derek made it perfectly clear what he thought about Stiles. 

 

Stiles watches with tears in his eyes how Lydia and Jackson fall in each other arms. He locks eyes with Jackson and quickly wipes his eyes. He doesn't need to give the jock any ammo for hurtful insults. He hisses when he feels the bruise on his cheek again. 

 

Derek seems ready to leave the warehouse as soon as possible, but then he sees Stiles and the glare on his face becomes even fiercer. Stiles didn't even know that it was possible, but here comes the grumpy Alpha wolf himself. He grabs Stiles by his jacket and slams him against the jeep. Stiles whimpers because holy shit! He was just beaten up a couple of hours ago. He is one big bruise. To be manhandled like that hurts like hell now. 

 

Derek releases him instantly, and it takes all of Stiles's strength so he won't fall down on the floor. 

 

"You smell like Erica and Boyd." 

 

Stiles flinches, because yeah, that's probably right. He hates himself for leaving them, but he was dragged away by the hunters before he could do anything. He was a little proud that he at least made sure they wouldn't be electrocuted anymore. 

 

"Well-"

 

"I released Erica and Boyd just an hour ago. They should be back at your home right now." Chris Argent says from where he's clutching a crying Allison to his chest. 

 

Derek clenches his jaw but nods. He seems ready to leave again, but Stiles stops him with a hand on his arm.

 

"Hey, wait, you should know that what Scott-"

 

"Shut up, Stiles. You don't have to gloat that you came up with the idea. Scott could never have thought of it himself." Derek snarls and Stiles rears back as if hit. 

 

"What are you talking about?! I didn't know! I would never do that to you - to the pack."

 

Derek scoffs. "You're just human. You're not even part of the pack. And I know you're lying. Where else would you have been? Huh? You even smell like Gerard! Did you help him with Erica and Boyd?! Hold them down while he hurt them?!" Derek all but roars in Stiles's face. 

 

Stiles is frozen to the ground. Does Derek think so little of him? That Stiles would- that Stiles is - holy shit. Stiles is still gaping at Derek and can't even come up with something to throw back at the Alpha. Derek just scoffs and sneers before running out of the warehouse, Isaac hot on his heels. 

 

Lydia seems shocked by how Stiles reacts, but she doesn't let it deter her. 

 

"We came to check on you. I saw how hurt you were yesterday. Can we come in?" 

 

Stiles is shocked by her admission and the soft voice she is speaking in. This is not the Lydia Martin he knows and adores. He lets them in without another word. He gingerly walks to the kitchen and asks if they want something to drink. Jackson seems tense and like he wants to bolt out of the house at any moment, but he keeps his ground. 

 

"I've never thought that you two would willingly stand in my kitchen, to be honest. Don't you have to go to school or something?" Stiles finally says after a couple of minutes of tense silence.

 

Lydia raises a perfectly sculpted eyebrow before answering. 

 

"You and I are at the top of our class, Stiles. A couple of days missing won't hurt anything, and besides, it's almost summer break." She says with a flick of her hair. 

 

"And I died yesterday," Jackson casually says, and yeah, that's probably a good reason to miss the last couple of days of school.

 

"Oooookay, so what are you doing here, like here here, as in, why the hell are you in my house? You checked on me, I'm alive-" Because he is sure as hell isn't fine, so why bother lying? "-so what do you want?" He says while looking at Lydia and Jackson. 

 

Jackson looks uncomfortable again until Lydia looks at him with imploring eyes, and he sighs dramatically. 

 

"I remember a lot from what happened - you know -" He waves his hand a little, and Stiles grimaces. What Matt and Gerard did to Jackson is awful. That Jackson has the memories of it is pretty gruesome. "-and you were in a lot of those memories. I - well, Lydia talked to me about it almost all night, and it's clear that you helped a lot with everything. Not only last night but also before that. You may have used a lot of the wrong methods, like kidnapping-" "Hey! I did what I could!" But Jackson keeps going as if Stiles didn't say anything at all. "-trying to save those people at the rave, you - even if you don't like me - you did try to save me." Jackson is silent for a moment. Stiles just gapes at him because he wasn't expecting any of this. He glances at Lydia to check if it's a trap or a joke or something. 

 

"What I'm trying to say is - thank you, Stilinski." Jackson actually seems pained by that sentence, and it startles a laugh out of Stiles. 

 

"Jesus, when I thought my life couldn't get any weirder." He murmurs while rubbing his head and face, flinching again when he feels the stinging pain on his cheek. 

 

"I also want to thank you. I'm still mad at being kept in the dark for so long. Honestly, you should've known that I could've helped you. Not just with those Latin translations but -" 

 

"Yeah, yeah, I know. It was a clusterfuck—all of it." He then starts to laugh a little hysterical. "But I don't have to worry about it anymore! Derek said I wasn't pack, so why the fuck should I still care? Scott doesn't even know if I'm alive, if Allison is in smelling distance or texting distance, and he worked together with the asshole who beat me up. So he can go fuck himself for all I care." Stiles rants, feeling himself getting angrier with the second. His anger feels like it's burning inside of him, but he wants to let it all out for once. Not caring that his long-time crush is here to see it. 

 

''Stiles-'' 

 

"I mean, what is ten years of friendship, right?! When you just ignore your best friends phone calls while he's drowning because he's holding up an Alpha werewolf for about two hours-" The heat in his chest is expanding, and he is feeling a little scared in the back of his mind because he hasn't been angry like this in - ever.

 

''Stile-''

 

"In eight feet of water! Or when he tried to kill me because his wolfy ass didn't listen to me! And no, not once, not twice, but at least three times of this shit!" 

 

"STILES!" 

 

"WHAT!?" He bellows. Turning to Lydia and Jackson, who both look terrified. Jackson is shielding Lydia, and Stiles is confused for a moment. Why are they so scared? It's not as if Jackson can't hold Stiles down if he loses it and attacks them, which would never happen. 

 

But then Stiles sees that they aren't exactly staring at him but at something behind him. He turns and gasps. Everything that was standing in the kitchen is hovering about three feet in the air. Stiles reaches out in morbid curiosity, he touches a plate with his finger, and everything crashes down to the floor. He leaps about a foot in the air and flails before falling down and bashing his elbow onto the kitchen counter. 

 

"Oooooww." He groans out. 

 

He opens his eyes when he feels a hand on his face. Lydia is kneeling next to him, looking shaken but determined. 

 

"Are you okay?" She asks softly. 

 

"No. What the fuck was that?" And if Stiles's voice wavers a little, he will deny it if anyone brings it up. 

 

She bites her lip and looks back at Jackson. He is nodding, Stiles doesn't know why he's nodding, but he really wants to ignore everything now. Why didn't he stay in bed?

 

Lydia looks at him again and brushes her hand through his buzzcut. It - it feels really fucking good. He leans into the touch like a cat. (When they want to be petted.) 

 

"I - I had a feeling that we needed to come here. And for some reason, I had a feeling that there was something with you. You need help, Stiles. Jackson and I are going to help you." 

 

"With what?" He asks after a while, he doesn't want to cry, but his voice is thick with emotion. 

 

"With whatever you need. We're here for you, just like you were there for us."

 

He doesn't know how it happens, but Lydia freaking Martin guides him to the couch in the living room before she and Jackson clean up the kitchen while he takes a nap. When he wakes up because Jackson pokes him on his shoulder, he sits up groggily. He really wasn't expecting them to still be here. 

 

"Lydia has ordered food, come, eat something." 

 

Then Jackson marches out of the living room without another word, and Stiles just mouths 'what the fuck' to himself before standing and following him to the kitchen. 

 

Lydia has spread sushi all over the table because, of course, she ordered sushi. He sits down carefully, not really believing this isn't a dream. A really, really, really weird dream, but hey, Stiles has a wild imagination. 

 

They eat in silence for a moment, and Stiles actually enjoys the sushi, he doesn't really eat it much because his dad, Scott, and he are more fans of pizza and burgers, but it tastes good.

 

Lydia then dabs her mouth with a napkin and then starts talking. 

 

"We should start with research about what happened." 

 

Stiles eyes her warily. She sighs before speaking again. 

 

"You lost your temper, Stiles, and something happened. We need to figure out what so it won't happen again. Don't you agree?" 

 

Stiles knows she's right, and it hurts. Not that she's right, because it's Lydia, and Lydia is almost always right. But the fact that if he loses control, something bad happens. He suddenly can understand why Scott thought the bite was a curse.

 

"I agree. But where to start?" He asks, sounding small. He doesn't want to hurt anyone. He flinches a little when he feels a hand on his shoulder, only to look up into Jackson's blue eyes. 

 

"Where did you find out about werewolves?" Jackson says, ignoring the way how Stiles flinched. Stiles scoffs a little in response before answering. 

 

"Internet, and then some of Derek, a little from books I ordered online and seemed legit. And a couple of books I borrowed from Deaton." He shrugs when he sees them looking at him with something akin to respect. 

 

"Deaton? As in the vet?" Lydia says with a scrunched-up nose. 

 

"Borrowed?" Jackson asks with raised eyebrows and a smirk. Stiles smirks back at him because, damn, Jackson seems to understand what Stiles wasn't saying. And oh god, Stiles probably has a concussion if he finds some kind of kinship with Jackson freaking Whittemore.

 

"Borrowed, taken without asking permission, to - may -to, to - mah - to. And yes, Deaton as in the vet. Cryptic asshole." Stiles mumbles the last part, but Jackson still barks out a laugh. Stiles raises his eyebrows at the jock, who seems surprised himself. He's back to scowling now. 

 

It's silent again for a moment, and then Stiles reaches out to take the last salmon roll, but before he can take it, Jackson grabs his wrist and growls. 

 

Stiles is taken aback for a moment, but then his temper rises again. The heat in his chest is back. He has had enough growling at him to be done with it altogether. Who do those wolves think they are? 

 

"Down puppy!" He says, and to his and everyone's surprise, Jackson lets him go and sits back. Jackson gapes at him, and Stiles thinks about saying something as an apology, but then Jackson tilts his head and bares his throat at Stiles. 

 

Everybody freezes. Stiles is pretty sure he even stops breathing for a moment, but then he reaches out and puts his hand on Jackson's throat. He knows what this means, and his hand is shaking a little. Should he actually do this? But something in him tells him that he needs to. That it feels right. Jackson leans into the touch, and they both gasp when they feel something snap in place in their chest. 

 

"What the fuck was that?" Stiles asks in awe. 

 

"I can feel you," Jackson says, and the open look he has on his face makes Stiles do what he does next. 

 

He turns fully to Jackson and pulls him into a hug. Jackson is rigid for a moment but then sags into Stiles's embrace with a whine that could have come from a wounded animal. 

 

"You're his Alpha," Lydia says after a couple of moments where Stiles and Jackson just cling to each other. She sounds like she's in awe, and Stiles carefully untangles himself from Jackson, who pouts from the loss of contact. 

 

"I'm not a werewolf. How can I be his Alpha?" Stiles asks, but even when he says it, he knows Lydia is right. He can feel it inside of him. He can feel a rope? Teter? Bond? Something like that between them, at the moment it still feels fragile and small, but for some reason, he knows it will grow stronger if they work on it. 

 

"Well, it's clear that you're something." Lydia huffs, and Stiles starts to laugh, because well, yeah, she's right. He's something. And here, he thought that he was the token human. The boy that ran with wolves, well fuck y'all, Stiles is something.

 

*****

 

Lydia and Jackson stay the rest of the day, Jackson stays even within touching distance. Stiles had grumbled about his pain and that Jackson should be a painkiller, but Jackson just looked at him as if he had grown two heads. And then Stiles felt like an idiot because Jackson hadn't gotten wolfy 1.01. He then starts to explain that Jackson should be able to take his pain. He tried to describe how Derek had explained it, and Jackson listened intently, and after about fifteen minutes, he succeeded. He looked so proud that Stiles wanted to clap his hands. 

 

Stiles explains as much as he knows about wolves to Jackson and tried to help him with his control. He was Jackson's Alpha now, so he should try to do something, right? Right. 

 

Lydia read through books Stiles had gathered and chipped in when she read something so Stiles could explain how he had experienced it with Scott. At the end of the day, Jackson seemed way more relaxed, maybe because he feels better in his own skin, or maybe because he is more relaxed now he has an Alpha that grounds him even if Stiles didn't know what the hell he was doing. 

 

Then his dad came home and flipped when he saw Jackson Whittemore practically on his son's lap while they were watching a movie. It also didn't help that Lydia Martin was sitting on Stiles's other side with her head against Stiles's shoulder. It probably was a weird sight for the Sheriff. 

 

The Sheriff and the teens stare at each other for a couple of minutes until the Sheriff scrapes his throat. "Uh- Stiles, do you have a minute so we can talk?" Stiles nodded and started to stand, Jackson following him as he had done for the entire day. "In private." John Stilinski adds in a no-nonsense tone, making Jackson freeze in his tracks and sit back down with a pout. 

 

Stiles wanted to laugh, but he could understand how weird everything looked to his father and quickly followed him into the kitchen. When he entered the kitchen, his dad had already gotten out a tumbler and the whiskey, to Stiles's dismay. The drinking wasn't as bad as when his mother had died, but he rather not see his father drink. 

 

But Stiles keeps silent and would stay quiet until his dad would talk. His dad drinks his first glass and waves at Stiles to sit down. He does as asked and sits down. 

 

"So. Are you going to lie to me again, or are you going to tell me the truth for the first time in months?" His dad calmly asked, but Stiles flinches as if he's hit. He could hear a whine from the living room, and before he can do anything, Jackson is next to him with a growl aimed at his father. His eyes flashing electric blue and shining fiercely, a hint of fang sprouting from his mouth. 

 

Stiles stands and puts a hand on Jackson's neck to calm him down, but the damage was already done.

 

"What the actual hell is happening here?!" His dad screams in a strained voice. His dad was looking between Jackson and Stiles like he was looking at a ghost. Well, Stiles can't talk himself out of this...

 

"Stiles, step back from Jackson and come stand next to me." His dad said carefully as if he expected Jackson to attack at any moment. Jackson growls again, and seriously. Not. Helping. Stiles squeezes Jackson's neck a little, and Jackson looks down in submission. Lydia also entered the kitchen now but stayed in the entrance. 

 

"No, dad. Jackson isn't going to hurt you. He just responded to how I reacted to you. He can't help the instinct." Stiles starts in a wary tone. 

 

"What do you mean? Instinct? What the-"

 

"Dad. Please. Sit down, and I'll explain, okay?" Stiles is aware that he sounds about twenty years older right now. Hell, he feels like it too. His dad seems suspicious but listens and sits down. Lydia quickly pours him another glass and takes a seat next to him.

 

Stiles gathers his thoughts a moment. He wanted to keep his dad out of everything supernatural, but the gig is up. Stiles is probably supernatural himself, and he shouldn't keep his dad out of that. He doesn't deserve that.

 

"I don't know exactly how I should start, but do you remember that night you found me in the woods? When part of Laura Hale's body was found, and you and your deputies searched for the other half?"

 

His dad nods numbly and takes a sip of his drink before Stiles starts talking again. 

 

"I was there to search for the body with Scott. Yeah, he was in the woods too that day. I only didn't rat him out. I figured out later that I should have because he was bitten that night by a werewolf." His dad looks incredulous, and Stiles can see that he doesn't believe a thing Stiles is saying. 

 

''Sti-'' But Stiles quickly interrupts him. 

 

"Jackson, could you shift for my dad?" Stiles is tired and done with all this shit. Jackson does as asked and shifts to his beta form in front of his dad, who almost falls off his chair. 

 

His dad gapes at Stiles, then at Jackson, then back at Stiles, then at Lydia before snapping his mouth shut and giving Stiles the sign to continue. Jackson shifts his face back to normal, and Stiles starts telling his dad everything. About Scott, Derek, Peter, the Argents, Jackson, Lydia, Erica, Boyd, Isaac, everything that happened the past year. 

 

When he tells his dad about the Kanima, he feels that Jackson is getting agitated. He raises his arm so Jackson can hug him for comfort. It should probably scare him that he is Jackson's Alpha and that this all comes so naturally to him, but he can feel what he should do, and he was always a caring person. He took care of Scott for years during their friendship, he takes care of his dad by watching how he eats, and he took care of his mom when she was dying. And he was just eight years old back then. 

 

His dad looks cautious and takes another sip while listening intently to his son. When Stiles is done, he is still comforting Jackson by rubbing his back while Jackson has his face in Stiles's neck. 

 

"So let me get this straight. Gerard Argent kidnapped you and hit you?" His dad seethes, which is a little hilarious because there wasn't really anything supernatural with that. 

 

"Yup. But we think he's dead. I'm not sure. His body was gone when I went home last night." 

 

"I will find that motherfucker and I-"

 

"Dad! Dad! Calm down. Is that seriously where you're going to focus on now? Not on the whole werewolves and magic are real, and my son is the Alpha of a werewolf and is probably magic himself?" 

 

"To be honest, I'm still progressing that." His dad admits with pursed lips. 

 

Lydia places a hand on John Stilinski's hand, and he looks at her. 

 

"I'm also still progressing everything. I just found out everything yesterday. But you're taking it well." She says with a smile. His dad's shoulders sag a little. Comforted by the words. 

 

"Okay, so what now?" John says while looking at the three teens in his kitchen. 

 

"We are going to find out what I am and try finding out what Lydia is." 

 

"What do you mean finding out what Lydia is?" Lydia says in a put-out voice and a glare. 

 

"Sorry, princess, but it's clear you're something. At least you're not human. Otherwise, you would have been turned by the bite. And let's not forget that Peter used you to come back to the living through you." 

 

Lydia purses her lips and shudders. Jackson quickly goes to her and throws an arm around her shoulders for comfort, clearly not amused by the change of events. His dad looks pained, and Stiles can almost read his mind why he looks like that. 

 

His dad straightens and nods. 

 

"Okay, fine, you are all going to research what you could be. Mister Whittemore, do your parents know that you're here?" 

 

"No, sir." 

 

"You should let them know and probably retract the restraining order against my son because otherwise, I need to ask you to leave." 

 

"That's already done, sir. I asked my dad this morning to retract that. He wasn't pleased, but he said he would do it as soon as possible." 

 

The Sheriff gives him a small smile and nods. "Good to know. For tonight, are you going home?" 

 

Jackson actually panics for a moment, and Stiles quickly reassures him that if he doesn't want to go, he can stay. 

 

"If Jackson is staying, I will be staying too," Lydia adds with a stubborn tilt to her chin. 

 

"That's fine. I already thought you two would stay after everything, and certainly, because Jackson almost can't detach himself from my son." His dad adds warily. 

 

Stiles grins to himself. He doesn't know why but he feels pretty happy that Lydia and Jackson won't leave him. 

 

His dad pulls Stiles into a hug before he tells them that he is going to bed. It has been a long night and early morning, and Stiles can relate. 

 

The three of them also make their way upstairs. Stiles shows them the guest bedroom. Then he grabs some shorts and shirts they could borrow for sleeping and goes to his own room. He feels a little sticky, so he decides to go to the bathroom first to shower. 

 

When he enters his own bedroom, Jackson and Lydia are both lying on his bed curled around each other and almost asleep. 

 

"Oookayyy, I'm going to be honest here, but this is pretty much the start of a couple pretty vivid dreams I had." He says with a crazy-sounding chuckle, because seriously? What is his life? His crush in his bed with her hot boyfriend, yes, Stiles can admit that Jackson is hot. Everybody can see that. He was just always an asshole, well, until today. 

 

Jackson looks at him with a smirk. 

 

"Come to bed, Stilinski."

 

"Fine, but don't judge me tomorrow morning." He grumbles, but he does as asked and climbs into his bed. Jackson is in the middle, spooning with Lydia on his right. Stiles shuffles a little but feels a lot of awkward. How is he going to sleep like this? He is used to starfish all over the bed. He keeps moving until Jackson grunts when Stiles pokes him in the ribs with his elbow. 

 

"Sorry." 

 

"Jesus, Stiles, just be Jackson's big spoon." Lydia snaps from her place next to Jackson. Stiles freezes because what? Wait, did she - what? 

 

"What?" He squeaks. It's a manly squeak. Totally manly, men can squeak manly. Shut up.

 

Jackson sighs, turns, pulls Stiles closer, then turns around again and grabs Stiles's left arm, drapes that one over his middle, and shuffles a little until he's comfortable. 

 

Stiles doesn't dare to move, but he feels himself getting more tired after ten minutes of tense silence. He shuffles a little closer and puts his other arm under Jackson's head. He feels Lydia's hair on his arm, and he's pretty sure he died and gone to heaven because holy shit!

 

He doesn't know how long he lies there, but he can hear Lydia and Jackson breathe deeper and deeper until he's sure they're asleep. He soon settles enough to drift asleep too. 

 

*****

 

He nuzzles the skin in front of him, feeling relaxed and warm. He tightens his arms, and he hears someone sigh in response. 

 

"Stilinski, your dad is up." A gruff voice grumbles. 

 

"Five more minutes." Stiles groans in response, pushing himself even closer to the body in front of him. 

 

"Are you sure? Your dad is cool with two extra people in your bed?" 

 

"Wh-what?" Stiles is suddenly waking up because someone is talking to him, and he has his arms around someone, and OH SHIT! He flails and pulls his arms back so quickly that he falls off the bed with a thud.

 

"Ow." 

 

"Why do you keep falling down?" Lydia asks from above him. Stiles opens his eyes and glares weakly. 

 

"It's not like it's my choice." He retorts, then he pushes himself up and looks down at the bed. Jackson is grinning at him, and Lydia isn't looking up at him but a lot lower- 

 

"Nice, Stilinski." She says with a smirk. Stiles looks down and sees that he has his regular morning problem. He flails and grabs a book from his nightstand to put in front of his morning wood while blushing fiercely.

 

Lydia and Jackson both laugh, but for some reason, Stiles knows it's not harsh as if they want to hurt him with their laughter. It's more fond and teasing. But he still blushes. 

 

"Har-har, yeah, I'm just a regular seventeen-year-old boy. Laugh it up." He says while making a movement with his arms as to say, 'keep it going.'

 

"Stiles, what you're packing is not regular for a seventeen-year-old boy."

 

"No, Stilinski, that's pretty impressive." 

 

"Can we please stop talking about my dick?" He begs. Absolutely sure that his entire torso is red now. At least his boner has died down in mortification. 

 

His dad chooses that moment to open the door without knocking. Stiles groans again and puts the book that he was holding in front of his crotch, in front of his face, while hitting his head a couple of times with it. 

 

His dad is looking at the room like a gaping fish. 

 

"Uh, I don't think I wanna know. So I'm going to ignore this. Do you all want some breakfast?" 

 

"Yes, sir." "That would be nice, Sheriff." 

 

"Great, Stiles, come help me while your guests get dressed." 

 

Stiles nods, with the book still in front of his face, before putting it down and almost running out of the room without looking back. 

 

When he enters the kitchen, he already knows that his dad will talk about what he saw upstairs. 

 

"Dad, I don't know what you're thinking, but it's not that." 

 

"So you haven't been sleeping with Jackson and Lydia last night?" 

 

"Well, yeah, we did sleep-"

 

"My underage son shared a bed with a guy and a girl, a girl which he had a crush on since forever." 

 

"Dad, it wasn't like that, honestly. Still a virgin here!" He says while waving his arms around like a lunatic. 

 

His dad stops in his tracks for a moment before nodding again. 

 

"Okay, but, did- did you like - in front of the club, was that- was that a real confession?" 

 

Stiles is stunned for a moment before thinking back to the moment when his dad found him in front of the Jungle and 'couldn't be gay if he was wearing that.' 

 

"Uh, well, I'm not gay, but- like maybe bi?"

 

"Are you asking or telling me?" His dad asks with a raised eyebrow. 

 

"Telling you, I'm bi, but again, nothing happened between Jackson, Lydia, and me, and nothing is going to happen, it was just sharing comfort, it's, it's a pack thing." He says, and he loves how it sounds, that Lydia and Jackson chose to stay with him last night, he feels the bond between him and Jackson stronger than yesterday, and he thinks he heard Derek say something about pack bonds. He's curious if he can bond with Lydia. He should look into that. Shouldn't he also have a bond with his dad?

 

"Okay, I still need to come to terms with all of that. But you should know that I don't care if you like boys or girls. And I'm sorry if I made that impression in front of the Jungle that night." 

 

"Well, I was lying to you about why I was there. So I'm sort of sorry? Not completely because it was necessary at the time." Stile says with an impish smile while scratching his neck. 

 

Lydia and Jackson then enter the kitchen looking well-rested and clean. About the opposite of how Stiles looks. But he did sleep last night, and he didn't have a lot of pain because Jackson siphoned it all. 

 

"Goodmorning, coffee?" Stiles asks, mostly to avoid speaking to his dad now. 

 

"Yes, please," They both answer. As soon as Jackson has had his first cup, he comes to Stiles and drapes himself over Stiles's back, rubbing his cheek all over Stiles's hair. 

 

"Okay, I've got to asks. Is this normal? Like I understand that you're his Alpha, but-" His dad doesn't finish speaking, just waves his hand in the general direction of Stiles and Jackson. 

 

"Well, according to the books I've read, it is. Derek never let the betas do this, but I know for a fact that they loved the contact with their Alpha, if they had it, and with each other. Jackson has me and Lydia and a little bit of Danny, but he can mostly be himself right now with Lydia and me because Danny doesn't know about werewolves. He probably takes the most comfort in touching me because I'm his Alpha. From what I've read, it's the wolf instinct. Wolves touch each other for comfort, but also to heal faster together and scent marking." 

 

"Scent marking?" His dad is at a complete loss, and Stiles can't really blame him. Stiles almost eat, drank, and sleep with the supernatural the past months and absorbed every detail he could find. 

 

"It's how wolves or werewolves recognize their pack. They have a heightened sense of smell, and a pack has a certain smell, just like every human has his own smell. They even can smell emotions from what I learned from Derek." 

 

His dad's face sours after hearing Derek's name. Stiles can't really blame him, Derek kicked Stiles out of his pack, and his dad could see how much it hurt Stiles. 

 

"I can learn to smell emotions?" Jackson asks from his place in Stiles's neck. And seriously, if people had told him two days ago that Jackson Whittemore would be this close to Stiles, he would have freaked out, but now it calms him down. 

 

"Yeah, take a deep sniff of me, and tell me what you feel. According to Derek, emotions have a smell, but it isn't so much as that you smell it but that you feel it." 

 

Jackson does as asked and seems to ponder about what he gets from Stiles. 

 

"You're comfortable but also a little anxious," 

 

"Ding, ding, ding! Right in one! Good puppy!" 

 

"Not a puppy," Jackson grumbles, but he still keeps his face pressed in Stiles's neck. Stiles just rolls his eyes. 

 

"Sure you not."

 

"How can you be comfortable and anxious at the same time?" Lydia asks, not judgemental but genuinely curious. 

 

"Well, I'm always a little anxious, but mostly now because I'm Jackson's Alpha and afraid of fucking up-" "Language!" "-Sorry dad, and I'm comfortable because I'm at home, and the connection with Jackson and the touching feels- it just feels right, I guess. It's a little weird, but it just feels right." He ends a little lamely.

 

Lydia nods as if it's a great explanation and continues eating and drinking her coffee. Jackson lets Stiles go after another ten minutes before scent-marking Lydia. Then he shuffles a little next to the Sheriff. 

 

"Something you want to ask me, son?" The Sheriff finally asks when Stiles is gesturing frantically with his head towards Jackson so his dad won't ignore the puppy any longer. 

 

"Can I scent mark you?" He asks in a small voice. Lydia and Stiles grin at each other. If Jackson is always like this, he can understand why Lydia chose him. 

 

His dad seems to think about it for a moment before heaving a sigh. "Sure, I should probably get used to this," Jackson immediately dives in and rubs his cheek over his dad's head. His dad stays still as if shocked about the sudden closeness. Stiles looks down while pressing his lips together so he won't burst out laughing. 

 

He sees Lydia clasping her hand over her mouth and knows she is struggling with the same problem. 

 

Jackson deems his dad fully scent-marked and lets him go. His dad looks a little dazed by the attention but smiles at Jackson. 

 

The next week goes by rapidly. Jackson's parents try to make him move to Londen, of all places, but Jackson protested heavily until they finally agree on staying in Beacon Hills. Lydia and Stiles research about every angle of what they could be. Jackson is mostly reading with them but mainly gaining more control every day. For Lydia, it's all guesswork about what she could be, but they think that it has something to do with the Fey world. 

 

For Stiles, they started with researching sparks, but there is little to no information about those, so then they started researching Druids, witches, casters, and Mages. It all sounds so wicked cool that Stiles can barely contain his excitement. There have been a couple of bouts of what they think is magic, but they can't really find anything about those. 

 

He had accidentally glued Jackson to the couch when the pizza arrived one night because he wanted to have the first piece. And when he got too excited reading about casters, his bed started to hover about a foot in the air. So nothing major, but they really should find out what he is so he can train to control it. It also seems like his healing is better. Most bruises are almost gone, and his ribs still hurt a little, but he can sit and stand without major pains. 

 

They have been with him the whole week, only a couple of nights they have gone home, but then they were back in the morning at the asscrack of dawn. 

 

When the summer break has officially started, he is disappointed that he hasn't had a single message from Scott. Not that he really wants to talk to his best friend, but still. To be forgotten like this. It fucking stings. 

 

He wants to be grumpy the whole day, but Lydia is having none of it. 

 

"Stiles, get your stuff. We're going shopping." 

 

"Oh hell no." Stiles groans. Jackson just smirks and claps him on the back. The last week he was still a clingy puppy, but it's getting less. According to the books Lydia and Stiles had been reading, he was probably getting adjusted to a new Alpha. 

 

It didn't matter how much he protested. They didn't budge. So that's how he found himself in the passenger seat of Lydia's mini with a petulant Jackson in the back. 

 

''Jacks, I told you, you can sit in the front,'' Stiles says with a smirk aimed at Lydia, who is smiling at the whole discussion. 

 

''No, I'm fine. I only don't get why I couldn't take the Porsche.'' Jackson grumbles. 

 

''Because it's ridiculous to go with two cars when we're just with the three of us.'' 

 

Jackson pouts, but Stiles knows he understands. It's kind of cute that he doesn't want Stiles to sit in the back because he's the Alpha. Still weird, but nice. He feels himself getting anxious again. Are they only hanging out with him because Jackson imprinted on him like a little duckling? Or do they actually want to be here? 

 

He's biting his thumbnail when Jackson grips his shoulder. Sending comfort through the bond and Stiles sags a little in his seat. He can't keep anything secret from Jackson because of their pack bond. They found out on day three that they can send each other emotions, and it is pretty handy, also kind of annoying but more comforting. To know that without speaking, Jackson knows how Stiles is feeling, and he can help Stiles with his anxiety and calm him down, while Stiles can help distract Jackson when he gets agitated or angry. It actually fits well together. 

 

''Why did you feel like that?'' 

 

Stiles considers for a moment if deflecting is a good idea, but they agreed on total transparency at the beginning of the week after they shared everything that happened the last couple of months. 

 

''Same old, same old. Do you actually want to spend time with me? Or are you forced because of guilt or because Jackson needs me?'' He asks without aiming the question at either one of them. 

 

''Stiles, we actually like you, believe us on that. Yes, we came to you for Jackson on some part. But we didn't know he would be your beta just like that. I know that I haven't shown you any kindness the last couple of years, but that was more because of that ridiculous crush you had. But I think you see that we work better as friends. Especially after last week.'' Lydia says in a kind voice. 

 

Stiles expected some kind of sting of being friend-zoned, but it doesn't come. He thinks it's because he did see that they work better as friends. Now he had more inside information about how Lydia and Jackson work together. He could see that they are great together. They put on a front with the whole popular shebang, but Stiles can see how much they love each other. 

 

''I do see that. You're a great friend Lyds. I- I just can't understand why you would spend time with me. I'm a nobody. Always have been.'' 

 

''Stop putting yourself down, Alpha.'' Jackson snaps from the back, and Stiles turns to him with shock because this is the first time he called Stiles Alpha. 

 

''I'm sorry, what?''

 

Jackson sighs as if explaining himself is the most difficult thing in the world, but he starts talking. ''You are loyal, kind, and I - I can feel how good you are. I know I am one of the reasons you're this insecure, but I'm going to fix that. You are a great Alpha, and I've only been your beta for a week, but I can still feel that it's true.'' He glares at Stiles to convey that he is serious about it, and Stiles raises his hands in surrender and blinks a couple of times. Feeling touched and a little choked up that Jackson thinks he's a good Alpha. 

 

''Thanks, Jacks.'' 

 

Jackson just grunts, but Stiles can feel through the bond that he's happy. 

 

They finally arrive at the mall a town over and stumble out of the car. Stiles is a little worried when Lydia drags him to a small boutique for men, but Jackson and Lydia don't relent and start picking things out. Stiles browses a little through the shirt rack, but the cheapest shirt is about sixty dollars. Yeah. No. Stiles isn't going to buy any of this. He decides that he will sit on one of the big seats by the dressing rooms and play a game on his phone until somebody throws a stack of clothes on his lap. 

 

''What the hell is this?''

 

''Clothes,'' 

 

''Really? I thought it was a box of kittens.'' He snarks back. Lydia just levels him a look that could welt flowers, and he gives her a hesitant smile. 

 

''Put them on.'' 

 

''Lydia, I-I can't afford any of this.'' He hisses when he sees what she has stacked on him.

 

She looks at him as if he's stupid, then she pulls him to his feet and pushes him into a dressing room with the stack of clothes.

 

''Lydia!''

 

''Stiles! Put them on. Show them to us. We are going to buy you a lot of new clothes today.''

 

''I'm not a charity case.'' He snaps with a glare.

 

''I never said you are. But I have two divorced parents that gave me a credit card without limit to soothe the pain, and Jackson is adopted by two rich lawyers who buy his affection. They don't care about money, I don't care about it, but I want you to feel good because you are my friend, and this is the first step. Please let us do this for you.'' 

 

Stiles blinks a couple of times, he still feels a little like someone is pulling a prank on him, but he relents under Lydia's green puppy eyes and starts putting on the clothes. There had to be at least ten outfits, and with every one he tries, he is pleasantly surprised with how good it looks on him. 

 

Lydia seems delighted, and Jackson had put on a front now they are in public, but Stiles can see the smugness coming off him. Lydia keeps adding a couple of things and then deems him acceptable with his new wardrobe. 

 

''Jesus, I'm starving,'' He moans when they finally leave the store. Stiles didn't dare look at the number at the register, but Lydia didn't even bat an eyelid. 

 

''We can go get something to eat,'' Jackson says while carrying all the bags with Stiles's new clothes, which is ridiculous, but Jackson does have werewolfy strength, so Stiles didn't protest too much. 

 

They get something to eat and sit down, talking and laughing together, and Stiles is shocked by how normal it feels now. After half an hour, they are full and content. They are about to leave when Jackson's head whips around. Stiles follows his eyes and sees why Jackson is suddenly frozen. 

 

Danny Mehealani just walked into the food court and is gaping at Jackson, Stiles, and Lydia, which is fair. Just two weeks ago, everybody thought Jackson hated Stiles, and Lydia was just plain ignoring him. 

 

''Uh, does Danny know-''

 

''No.'' Jackson quickly responds. 

 

''Do you want him to?'' Stiles asks, his eyes boring into Jackson's, who nods rapidly. Stiles nods and stands. He gestures to Lydia and Jackson to keep seated while he saunters over to Danny. He doesn't know how Danny will react, but he is important to Jackson and Lydia, and to be honest, Danny can come in very handy with everything that happens around Beacon Hills. And Danny is adorable. He just hopes that Danny will take it well. 

 

''Danny,''

 

''Stiles, what are you guys doing?''

 

''We went shopping, but I think that you mean more in general as in why are Jackson and Lydia hanging out with me?'' He says in a soft voice, trying to keep calm. 

 

''Yeah, what the hell is that about?'' Danny asks with a glare. Stiles can feel Jackson's agitation, but he tries to send calmness back at Jackson. 

 

''Why don't you come to my house, let's say in an hour? We will explain then.'' 

 

Danny is silent for a moment, but he nods before leaving again. Stiles sighs and walks back to the table. Jackson looks at him in awe and grabs his arm in a bruising grip. He probably thinks a hug is too much at the moment.

 

''Are we going to tell him?'' 

 

''Yes,''

 

''Stiles, oh my god, you - thank you!'' 

 

''You're welcome, puppy.'' 

 

''Still not a puppy!''

 

''Pfft, you should see yourself—definitely a puppy,'' Stiles adds with a smirk. Lydia smiles at him and nods that she agrees with Stiles's decision to include Danny. 

 

When they walk out of the mall towards the car, Stiles feels a weird pull and stops walking. He looks around and sees an old little shop. Not something you would notice when just walking by, but Stiles is pulled towards the shop for some reason. 

 

Lydia and Jackson both ask him where he's going but silently follow him when he just keeps walking. When he opens the door, the bell rings, and some sort of relief falls over him when he enters the store. 

 

He looks around and takes a deep breath, Jackson sneezes behind him, but he pays it no mind. He keeps walking towards where he is pulled. 

 

He stops in front of the desk with the cash register. It looks more like an old apothecary than a regular store, but the feeling of belonging sounds through him. There is nobody behind the desk, but he hears shuffling in the back room. He rings the bell and hears someone answer with a ''Coming dear!'' 

 

A minute later, a lovely old woman steps out through a curtain of beads. A big set of glasses on her face makes her eyes about three times as big: he has a weird flashback to the divination teacher of Hogwarts. Together with the long grey hairs. Her face lights up when she sees him, and he immediately holds out his hand for her. 

 

She takes it with a smile. 

 

''I've been waiting for you,'' Jackson growls a little but stops just after a moment. He also hears Lydia shifting behind him, but when he looks back, she is browsing through the tomes that are on display. Her eyes are wide with awe and curiosity. 

 

''Uh- you - you have?'' He stammers. 

 

''Yes, dear. My name is Griselda,''

 

''Stiles, Stiles Stilinski.''

 

She gives him a soft glare. ''That's not your real name, is it?''

 

''No, no, madam,'' Feeling chastised, he never tells anyone his real name, the last one that called him by that name died, and he never let his father calling him that again. 

 

''Tell me.'' 

 

''Mieczyslaw Genim Stilinski.'' An intense feeling surrounds him, and the woman just smiles in response. The heat in his stomach that he feels every time something magicky is about to happen coils in him. 

 

''Well Mieczyslaw Genim, welcome to my store. I'm here to train your spark.'' Which makes Stiles take a double-take, not only because she just said she was going to teach him, but her pronunciation of his name was perfect. 

 

It turns out that Griselda is a witch, and she has had visions, seriously visions, about Stiles! Stiles feels soothed by her voice and is completely in awe of her, hanging on her lips. She tells him to come back the next day in the morning to start training his spark. According to her, with the proper training, he can become a Mage! 

 

Stiles is amazed by her, and Jackson almost needs to drag him out of the store so they can get back home in time for Danny to arrive. He is brimming with anticipation. Everything he has read about Mages is extremely interesting and amazing. He had read about how some Mages can freaking teleport! 

 

Lydia seems a little apprehensive but is glad that Stiles has found a tutor to help him with his magic. That's one of the reasons they started with all their research, after all. 

 

Danny is already waiting for them at Stiles's house. They quickly guide him inside, and they sit in the living room for a couple of awkward moments until Danny suddenly starts talking. 

 

''So is this about werewolves?''

 

Stiles gives a full-body flinch at that and almost falls off the couch, but Jackson catches him just in time. Lydia just smirks at Danny, and Jackson is in between gaping and looking horrified. 

 

''How-what? How do you-?''

 

''I'm not stupid, Stiles. Besides, you and Scott were not subtle with the whispering.'' Danny says with a disappointed look aimed at Stiles.

 

''I never said you were stupid, but Jesus, this is so much easier,'' Stiles replies with a chuckle. 

 

''Easier?''

 

''Yeah, dude! You already know the basics, now we just need to tell you about what the hell happened in the past months.''

 

Stiles starts explaining with Jackson and Lydia, adding stuff at the appropriate times. Danny takes it all in stride, and Stiles is really glad for Jackson because he can understand how difficult it must have been for him to keep Danny out of it all. 

 

''Holy shit.'' Danny finally says when they're done explaining.

 

''You could say that,'' 

 

Danny then rightens himself and looks at Jackson, who just shrinks in himself a little. 

 

''Why didn't you tell me?''

 

''Dan-''

 

Danny glares at him, and Jackson wilts. ''I-I chose the bite out of petty. You heard just now how much that backfired. I-I really wanted to keep you safe.'' 

 

Danny nods and then walks to Jackson to punch him on the shoulder. Stiles sees him shaking his hand because werewolf muscles are hard. Stiles can attest to that. 

 

''Don't lie to me again.''

 

''I won't!'' 

 

''Good, now give me a freaking hug. I've missed my best friend.'' Danny says with a big dimpled smile. 

 

Stiles feels a pang of loss shout through him. He misses Scott. But he isn't ready to forgive his friend, and said friend is not messaging him at all. It's like he doesn't exist. 

 

They tell Danny about what happened the last week and how they are learning all they can about the supernatural. Danny, the amazing being that he is, proposes to look into the dark side of the web for supernatural stuff. Maybe they can find some old tomes that could help them. 

 

Danny does give Jackson a couple of weird looks when he scent marks Stiles, but he just shrugs and goes on with his work. His dad comes home later, and Stiles immediately starts talking about Griselda and how she will teach him to use his magic. His dad listens intently, and Stiles is so glad that they don't have any more secrets between them that he just hugs the shit out of his dad when he is done talking. 

 

''I'm proud of you, son.'' His dad whispers in his ear, and Stiles feels his magic respond and reacting by forming a bond between them. His dad, Jackson, and Stiles all gasp. Lydia and Danny just look on with questionable looks, but Stiles doesn't care. He has a pack bond with his dad!

 

''Is-is that what you were talking about? Are you my Alpha now?'' His dad asks with tears in his eyes.

 

''I don't know if I'm your Alpha, but we do have a bond now! You're officially in the pack!'' Stiles crows, making his dad and Jackson laugh.

 

Lydia is pouting before her face clears, and she reaches for one of the books Stiles has. 

 

''What is it, Lyds?''

 

''The bonds. They snap into place when - yes! I'm right. Of course, I'm right.'' She says smugly. Stiles just raises an eyebrow at her with the question about what she means. 

 

She rolls her eyes but starts talking. ''The bonds snap into place when the beta shows a sign of trust. Your dad just told you that he's proud of you, and now, without all the lies, it's clear that he trusts you. Jackson submitted to you, which is the werewolf version of trust. He showed his neck to you.'' 

 

Stiles is nodding along with her explanation. It makes sense, so maybe because they showed him that he's trusted created the bond. He is still pondering this when Lydia stands and walks primly to him before tilting her neck to him. He feels the heat in his chest expand, and a feeling of pride shoot through him. Lydia Martin shows her submission to him, to Stiles freaking Stilinski. It's a shame he hasn't have a crush anymore. 

 

He clasps his hand on her bared neck and feels the bond snap in place. Next to his dad, it's the strongest, not a lot stronger than Jackson's bond, but that's probably because he liked Lydia before he liked Jackson.

 

Lydia beams at him and gives him a hug. ''I didn't know if it would work like this because I'm not a wolf, but I'm glad it did!'' She says while still hugging Stiles. 

 

Stiles then looks at Danny, and he sees a wistful look on his face. 

 

''Danny, I won't pressure you into anything, you should get to know me better and think about it, but you're welcome to the pack if you want.'' 

 

''Thanks, Stiles. I will.'' 

 

That doesn't mean that Jackson doesn't scent mark the shit out of him. 

 

The next day, Stiles, Lydia, Jackson, and now Danny go to Griselda's shop so Stiles can get trained. He's almost shaking with excitement and is absolutely disappointed when she gives him a thick tome. He looks at her and pouts.

 

''Magical theory is important, Mieczyslaw.'' She simply says, and yeah, he could've expected that. 

 

''Okay, but I already did a lot of research, oh! Could you maybe also help Lydia? We think she is something Fay, but we aren't sure.'' He says while already opening the thick book. Griselda turns her big eyes to Lydia and nods. 

 

She then guides Lydia to another section of her store, and Lydia comes back with an equal thick book like Stiles has. 

 

''I didn't have any visions about you, but you do have a certain aura around you. Start with this, and when something clicks in you, you've found what you are.'' 

 

Lydia beams at her and starts reading. Stiles is already engulfed in the magic theory book. Danny and Jackson soon get bored and decide to go to a nearby field to train Lacrosse. 

 

The next couple of days fly by with spending a lot of time in Griselda's shop, Stiles's home, and a lot of puppy piles in Stiles's bed. Thank god his bed is huge. 

 

''It's not a puppy pile, Stiles, the only puppy, is Jackson,'' Danny jokes on the third evening he also stays over. 

 

''Still not a puppy.'' Jackson hisses, and Stiles sees a flash of yellow eyes instead of blue. 

 

''Dude!'' Stiles says and then grabs Jackson's face to look into his eyes. Squashing Jackson's face in the process. 

 

''Stiles?'' Danny and Lydia both question. 

 

''His eyes- they - they looked like when he was the Kanima,'' Stiles murmurs. Jackson looks terrified, and Stiles grips his neck with both hands to give him comfort. 

 

''Calm down, Jackson. I will ask Griselda if she has heard anything about how this could happen. You're safe with us.'' He said with as much conviction as he could muster. It seemed to work because Jackson relaxed almost instantly. He nodded, and they all settled down to sleep. 

 

The next day when they are at Griselda, they talk about Jackson and the whole experience with the Kanima. 

 

''It's amazing that you got him to turn into a werewolf. There are not many stories about Kanima's that get turned into the beast they needed to become. But I'm afraid that he will never be just a wolf. He's also still part Kanima. But-'' When Jackson starts to whine in fright. ''-but you don't need a master anymore, you let your wolf be dominant, so you only need an Alpha to anchor you.'' 

 

Jackson gives a small smile at that and throws an arm over Stiles's shoulder. 

 

''And if you can train your Kanima side, it could come in handy in fights. If I remember correctly, you will still have venom, and regular wolfsbane doesn't work on you. These are serious advantages.'' 

 

Jackson seems a little unsure, but Stiles files it all away for a later date when Jackson is more comfortable and used to the idea that he's still part Kanima. 

 

They only stay for the morning, even when Griselda offers them amazing cookies as a bribe to stay longer, but the boys really want to train some Lacrosse. Stiles is fully healed now, and he can't wait to get his energy out. He is now sure that his magic has helped him heal faster. He already read that if his magic were activated, it would aid him in whatever he needed. 

 

Jackson and Danny do their best to train him as good as they can, which means a lot to Stiles. Jackson sees potential, and Danny agrees. They make a training schedule so that they will take a run in the morning and train Lacrosse in the afternoon. 

 

''You guys know it's summer break, right? Normally that would mean sleeping until noon. Not getting up at six for a freaking run.'' Stiles grumbles. He has never been this busy in breaks. Normally he would hang in front of the tv with his favorite shows or play games with Scott. 

 

But on the other side, after just one week of running in the morning, then magic training, then Lacrosse practice, and in the evening pack dinners with movie or games night, he feels fantastic. He can feel his stamina build and feels that he's beginning to calm down. He isn't as jittery as he was. It's like he finally feels himself in his own skin, something he didn't even know he was missing. 

 

The first month of summer break goes by at lightning speed, and Stiles feels nervous. Lydia is grasping his hand, feeling how anxious Stiles is getting. 

 

''Griselda, do you really think this is a good idea?'' 

 

''Yes, you should get them as soon as possible. But because you're still a minor, I want permission from your father.''

 

''I understand, but it's needles! And blood! Oh my god, Lyds, it's going to hurt. I'm almost sure of it!'' 

 

Lydia just chuckles, already used to Stiles's antics. She pats him on his hand while they walk into the Stilinski home with Griselda on their heels. 

 

''You will be fine. When your father hears your reasoning, he should be fine with you getting some tattoos of runes. It will help with your magic.'' 

 

''I know! That's what I'm afraid of! He will think, oh! That's a good idea. Just make sure nobody sees that the Sheriff's son is covered in tattoos, then it's fine! But then I have to actually get them!'' 

 

He pinwheels his arms for emphasis, but Lydia just keeps smirking at him before pulling him into the kitchen where his dad, Danny, and Jackson are preparing meat for the barbecue tonight. 

 

Jackson stops what he's doing and comes over to scent mark Stiles. 

 

''Griselda, lovely to have you for dinner.'' The Sheriff says, welcoming the witch into his home. Griselda pecks him on the cheek and gives him a platter full of cookies. Seriously Griselda's cookies are to die for. Stiles immediately plucks the plate out of his dad's hands and gives it to Jackson, knowing that the cookies will disappear within five minutes with the hybrid. ''Thank you for having me Sheriff, Stiles has something he wants to ask you.'' Griselda just throws him for the bus, he gives her a glare, and she smiles serenely back at him, making him grumble while the Sheriff is waiting for the question. 

 

''My magic is getting better and under control.'' Stiles starts while fidgeting with his shirt. Lydia slaps his hands so he doesn't ruin the nice shirt, and he smiles bashfully at her. He then runs his right hand through his hair which getting longer with each day, but Lydia doesn't let him buzz it again. He has lost that argument ten times already, so he gave up. ''But- according to Griselda beginning Sparks are prone to get possessed, and according to the books I've read, all the Mages are getting help with channeling their magic through ink, and we thought it would maybe be a good idea to some runes for me, like, on my body, permanently, with ink-'' 

 

''For god's sake, Stiles, just tell your dad you need to get a couple of tattoos.'' Lydia finally says, interrupting him in his stammer. 

 

He grimaces and looks up at his dad, his eyebrows have reached his hairline, and then he starts to frown. 

 

''What kind of tattoos?''

 

Before Stiles can answer, Griselda and Lydia are already speaking. ''Runes that will help him with his magic,'' ''I've made a design that would be perfect.'' 

 

Stiles whips his head around to Lydia. ''Seriously? I didn't know you had made a design.'' Lydia scoffs in response before getting her tablet out of her purse, turning it on, and finally turning it so Stiles can see it.

 

It's - it's really fucking beautiful. He can see runes in it, but they are not overly recognizable, he can see flowers - oh - they're wolfsbane and mistletoe, he can also see Lillies, his mother's favorite flowers, you would think it would be feminine, but the runes make it harder. And suddenly, he needs to get this tattoo. He doesn't care anymore about how much it's going to hurt. He needs to get this. Every bone in his body, no every cell in his body, is in agreement. This is his tattoo. He looks up at Lydia in awe, and she looks a little unsure but is trying to hide it. His dad is looking over his shoulder at the picture, and Stiles already knows that he will agree to this. 

 

The tattoo is huge, and Stiles is sure that almost his whole back will be covered. He is thankful that his shoulders have become more defined with the running and Lacrosse training, so it will look better than on the scrawny body he had at the start of summer.

 

''Dad-''

 

''I-I yes. Yes, you can get this tattoo, especially if it's going to keep you safe.'' His dad then turns back around to the counter, and Stiles is almost positive that he's trying to hide the wetness in his eyes. 

 

Stiles looks up at Griselda and is met with sympathetic eyes. ''When can we start?''

Notes:

Thank you for reading the first chapter!

I will post the next one in about a week! Please subscribe to the story if you want to stay posted!

xxMBlack93