Actions

Work Header

Learn From Your Past

Summary:

“I will become stronger Steph. I promise you, no more begging for scraps from the Waynes. I will become my own person. I will gain my own ally and establish my power as the Second Princess of Gotham. And when I do, I will protect you, Stephanie Brown. I will protect you from anything that may harm you, I swear on my name” Tim can hear the trembling of her voices at the end but her conviction is strong and Stephanie can feel it.

Notes:

I have been reading too much time travel manhwa lately and one day I thought to my self "Huh? Would it be awesome if Tim becomes the Lead of a time travel manhwa?" since I was rewriting and finishing my abandoned fanfictions, I thought "why not make a fic about it?". So here is a time travel-au where Tim is the princess of Gotham!!

Chapter 1: Chapter 0: Prologue

Notes:

I have been getting into the isekai and time traveling manhwa lately, where the main lead is either the princess or a noble. I had an idea one day: what if Tim becomes the princess who time traveled? So basically this is just a genderbent kingdom au where Tim is the Princess of Gotham who went back to the past and trying to prevent future bad events and the deaths of her loved ones!

Chapter Text

“Dick, please… you have to believe me”

“Tim, I- you heard what Kaiser Clark said right? That His Majesty vanished with half the party.. he-he’s dead Tim”

“But-but there was no corpse found! There is no proof that he’s dead!”

“Tim be reasonable. It’s already been a month since the war, if the search party still isn’t able to find him then he’s as good as dead”

“How could you say that Dick? How could you easily dismiss him when there is still a chance of him being alive? He might get separated during the war, he might.. he might still be alive Dick”

“Tim… please I need you to stop-”

“No! I refused to believe that Bruce died!”


“What are you even doing, Replacement? Have you finally lost your mind?”

“Jason...”

“Pathetic. Look at you! Brooding in the dark, looking like a zombie and you call yourself a Wayne?”

“If you are just here to insult me then leave Jason”

“Sensitive much?”

“...”

“Alright, alright! I want to take over the Crown and as much as I hate to admit it I can’t do it alone”

“..take over… the Crown? What are you talking about Jason? Are you trying to go  against Dick?”

“That Dickhead does not deserve the Crown! All this time he was whoring himself to half of the women in this Kingdom! He never cared enough about what happened in Gotham! How could I trust someone like him to rule this Kingdom?”

“He is the first Prince Jason! If you forgot, that makes him the Crown Prince and… and he does care about Gotham Jason”

“Bah! Who cares about that! He doesn’t deserve the Crown! What do you say Replacement? Care to join me? Be my Robin? I will give you a place on my side once we take over control”


“Tt. You’re still here”

“What do you want, Damian?”

“I am amazed by the level of your stupidity. Todd has fled the Kingdom after his humiliating defeat on trying to take over the Crown and here I thought you would be smart enough to follow in his footsteps”

“I have nothing to do with his act of rebellion”

“Perhaps not. But isn’t it supposed to make you realized that all of you who have been adopted by my Father is not worthy of the title of Wayne. Richard may be an idiot but I supposed he is an adequate stand-in for when I could formally inherit what supposed to be my birthright”

“You may be Bruce’s son by blood Damian, but you are not his first son. Dick is the rightful heir to the Crown”

“Tt foolish Drake. Do you really think that because Richard is the eldest of my Father's pathetic charity cases that everyone would see him as someone more deserving of the Crown than I am? In this Kingdom, blood means more than a mere decree by the King. I am the true Wayne heir in this Kingdom. You may believe that you are part of the Wayne Royal Family but you are not. You are just a riff-raff that somehow stumble upon our front door”


“And what makes you believe that your adoptive Father is still alive, Princess Timoti?”

“His body was never found”

“That’s it? You gallivanting around the continent, entangling yourself with dangerous people, all because they did not found the body? You do realize that it is quite normal that people could not find the corpses of fallen soldiers of war, right my Princess? No, you have more reason to believe that he’s not dead”

“I do, but what makes you think that I would share what I have learned with you, Ra’s?”

“I see. You are still suspicious of me. That is understandable. However, My Beloved Princess, I don’t think you have much of a choice but to share your thought with me. After all, I am the only one you could rely on”

“No, I don’t”


“P-Pru…hah… Pru?”

“.…”

“It-it’s fine… hah…. I’m going… I’m going to…. hah… to sa-save us…I-”

“.…”

“A little… bit… hah… more… ugh”

“.…”

“The hor-horses… we’re going… to be… fine….”

“.…”

“...Pru?”

“.…”

“Bruce is alive… and everything… going… to… be…okay”

Chapter 2: Chapter 1: Back to Before

Summary:

“Princess!! You are awake!!” a familiar voice comes out from a familiar person.

But that can’t be. It is impossible. This person should not be here. Timoti saw with her own eyes the day of the execution. There is no way this person is still alive.

“...Stephanie?”

Chapter Text

Tim wakes up with a gasp. She can feel the cold sweat running down her back. Everything is dark and cold. She tries to control her breathing.

“Wha-what?”

Her hands immediately move to her abdomen where she was stabbed by the mercenary who called himself the Widower. Her hands graze the soft material of her clothes and Tim feels confusion overtook her. Instead of waking up with bandages wrap around her torso, she wakes up wearing a nightgown and no bandages. The material does not feel anything like the shabby clothes she was forced to wear during her journey to find Bruce.

The clothes she is wearing now is soft and silky. She looks down on herself and only realizes that she is on a bed that is way too big to be the bed of the inn she rented before she left for the cave.

Does that mean she did not reach the inn? Was she got taken by someone else? Ra’s perhaps?

No.

She knows the bed in Nanda Parbat. All of the beds there were sturdy, not soft like this one. And the clothes, after she tries to feel more of the clothing she wears, it feels like the clothing she used to sleep back in Gotham. Did she arrive in Gotham?

Did somehow she survive in that desert with Pru and find her way back to Gotham?

But if so, why can’t she remember anything?

Before Tim can ponder more about it, she hears the sound of a door creaks open.

Eight months living outside had taught Tim to always be prepared for a sudden attack. However, she is in a new place where she does not have a weapon stashed near her person. A quick scan of her surroundings makes her realizes that she is completely vulnerable. If an assassin or a rogue comes in from that door, the only way for her to defend herself is by using the blanket to temporarily blind her attacker.

I have to run as fast as I can and find something to be used as a weapon Tim thought to herself.

She is gripping the blanket tightly, readying herself to throw it, and run away when a familiar blonde hair peeking through the door.

“Princess!! You are awake!!” a familiar voice comes out from a familiar person.

But that can’t be. It is impossible. This person should not be here. Timoti saw with her own eyes the day of the execution. There is no way this person is still alive.

“...Stephanie?”

Stephanie walks straight to the window and draws back the curtain. “I was beginning to worry when you haven’t woke up last night even though the Royal Physician had said you will” The blonde is doing the usual morning routine. Preparing Tim’s favorite tea and bowl of water to wash her face. She was doing it as if it was normal.

Tim stares at her for a long time. She does not take the cup of tea that Steph had prepare. She just stares at those blue eyes, visible now since the light from the window streaming in. Tim could see the spark of life in those eyes. It was there making the color more vibrant. The color of the ocean.

She remembered how the warmth behind them diminished after Stephanie got hanged. Her eyes slowly became cold and dull the longer her feet leave the ground. But now, looking at those eyes, Tim can see how alive Stephanie is.

“Princess? Are you okay? Should I-should I call the Physician?” Stephanie moves to put the teacup back at the table beside the bed and starting to leave for the door when Tim grabs her wrist and brings her in for a hug.

“Princess!! What-?”

“Is this a dream? Stephanie? Tell me is this a dream?” Tim hugs Stephanie closer. The angle was awkward because Tim is still sitting in bed and Steph is still standing. But instead of trying to get out of the hug, Steph just brings her arms around Tim’s shoulder and hugs her back. Tim is sure the choking sound is not from her.

“Tim… this is not a dream”

She could feel the steady heartbeat from Steph’s chest. The sound is reassuring Tim that this is real, that Stephanie is really alive. The warmth that radiates from the blond’s body is like an anchor. Tim feels her tears streaming down her cheek. She vowed not to shed any more tears when she decided to go on a journey to find Bruce. But she can’t quite help herself. Here in her arms is Stephanie. Her trusted Lady-in-waiting. Her friend. Alive.


“Have you feel better yet My Lady?”

“Yes, I am sorry for suddenly grabbing you like that Stephanie it must have been a shock to you”

Stephanie’s laugh is like the sound of a wind chime. Soft and subtle. Everyone who met her would think that Stephanie is the type to laugh loudly but in reality Stephanie’s laugh is quiet.”I was worry that you still feel some pain because of the poison. I must admit that I panicked a little when you started crying My Lady”

Tim looks up from her teacup at the mention of poison. “Ah, I was just so relieved that I survived that the tears just burst out” Tim tries to hide the little tremor of her hand. Because suddenly something occurs in her mind. She was poisoned.

In her lifetime she was only ever been poisoned once.

It was the tea that was served at the tea party hosted by the daughter of Viscount Ives. Tim was attending the party because the Viscount family owns the largest shipping company in Gotham. Bridging a good relation with the Viscount would be beneficial to the Royal family that was why Bruce has forced Tim to accept the invitation.

The poison was deadly but have a known cure that was already available in the castle. The Royal Physician, Lady Leslie, had been called immediately to administer the antidote and nursed Tim back to health.

Two months after the incident, it was revealed that the Viscount’s younger brother was the one behind it. He was jealous of the fact that the Viscount inherit the shipping company while he has to settle with a small textile company he received after marrying a Baron’s daughter.

The plan was to put the blame on the Viscount’s family and inherit the company after they got executed for the attempted murder of the Second Princess of Gotham.

Fortunately, before the Viscount and his family got executed, evidence of the involvement of the Viscount’s brother came to light and the brother was the one executed instead.

But all of that happened when Tim was 15. Which was five years ago. How could it possibly happen again?

Different possible scenarios running through Tim’s mind. After everything she been through while searching for Bruce, Tim has encountered so many weird and unexplainable things. One thing she is sure though, she was dead in that desert. Probably unable to reach the horses in time before she collapsed.

Could it be time travel? she muses to herself while drinking her tea.

Or Ra’s finally collected his part of the deal and this is just an illusion to keep her complaint.

Well, only one way to find out.

“-and the cooks were so anxious because one of the stoves was broken so they have to prepare meals earlier lest they face the wrath of Sir Alfred and-”

Ah, Tim does not realize she tuned out Steph’s rambling.

“-all of them broke into tears and now the kitchen is in total chaos!”

Tim does not know what the hell Stephanie was talking about but now she felt a little bit annoyed for not paying attention. Something happening in Alfred’s domain always proves to be an entertaining story. Never mind, Tim can get Steph to tell her again later. For now, she needs to find out what is happening.

“Is there any news from the Viscount family?” Tim asks.

Tim needs to confirm that things happened the same way as what she remembered. She woke up four days after the incident, and for now, the Viscount’s family maid who poured the tea for Tim was getting blamed. It will not be for another two days when the maid finally confessed to being coerced and blame the Viscount. Of course, that’s because tomorrow night, Viscount’s Ives brother will secretly visit the dungeon where the maid gets held and threaten her to put the blame on the Viscount.

The Baron has taken the maid’s sick dad and threaten to kill him if the maid confessed the truth. The Baron knew that it will not be long till the maid confessed in fear of a public execution.

“The Viscount and his family have been put under the surveillance of the Knight Order. Sir Luke is the one overseeing this whole thing”

Tim remembers this. Sir Luke Fox, the eldest son of Duke Fox, is the Captain of the Knight Order of Gotham. He was given the title of Captain after he bravely led his troops in the battle against Gotham’s most vicious rogue. The Joker.

It was a glorious battle that lasted for a whole month before Sir Luke who was only a field soldier at that time was able to push back the Joker and his men out of Gotham’s territory. He was even given the nickname ‘Batwing’ by the King. A nickname with the word ‘Bat’ in it was only able to be given to the Wayne family’s greatest fighter. Before, only Cassandra the First Princess of Gotham received a nickname with the word ‘Bat’ attached to it. Sir Luke receiving one while not being a Wayne was a huge deal and proof of his capabilities as a Knight.

Tim has always like Sir Luke.

He used to be Tim’s personal knight before he got promoted and unlike her brothers, Sir Luke actually sees her as a sister. That’s why he personally overseeing this whole ordeal. Sir Luke cares so much about her that he was the one very adamant to find the culprit and bring them to justice.

Dick was worried -at least that what Sir Wally told her- but he did not really try to help find the culprit. He was too busy trying to fix his failing relationship with the Crown Princess Koriand’r of Tamaran. Jason only scoffs at her and told her how pathetic of her to get weakened by a mere poison. And Damian… well, Damian was annoyed by the fact that Tim survive.

Tim feels her chest tighten. The feeling of hurt because of her brothers’ ignorance and hatred towards her is not something new. And she could pretty much ignore it and smile pretending that it did not affect her. But each time the pain did not lessen. It is still as painful as the last time.

“I am glad that Sir Luke is the one handling it” Tim whispers.

Stephanie looks at her with a knowing sad smile. If this happens to some other royal family, like said Princess Mia of Queen, it is guaranteed that the Emperor himself will be the one to find and bring the culprit to justice.

But this is the Gotham Kingdom.

Everyone in this entire Kingdom knew how the Royal Family sees the Second Princess. Easily forgotten. Someone who stands behind the shadow of her older siblings. The one who will not speak until spoken. And the one who seemed to be hated by the Second and the Third Prince.

“I’m fine Stephanie. Truly” Tim tries to reassure her Lady-in-waiting. “Sir Luke is a very capable soldier, if it is him I am certain that the one behind this will be caught in no time.” Tim puts down the empty teacup and walks to her vanity where a bowl of warm water waited for her.

Stephanie still looks at her with such sadness in her eyes. No doubt seeing how pitiful Tim is.

From her previous memory, she knows that none of the Royal Family comes and sees her in her room. She was fighting the effect of the poison and none of her so-called family even ask about how she is faring.

Tim ignores how Stephanie looks at her and proceeds to do her morning routine normally. “I put my trust in Sir Luke”

Stephanie only nods and helps her with her dress. She had asked if Tim is sure that she is healthy enough to be getting out of bed. She tries to persuade Tim to stay in bed, saying that no one will mind that if she locks herself up in her room until Tim feels healthy again.

Tim appreciates the concern really, however, there is something that must be done, “I am truly fine Steph. I actually feel that going outside will help with my health” if she really is back in time then she has to change the fate of the Ives Family.

If the outcome of this change after me meddling in then it means I can change the future

As Tim is walking to the door, her Lady-in-waiting runs in front of her and blocks her exit. “Wait, Princess! Are you sure you are alright enough to walk outside?”

“Yes, I am perfectly fine Steph”

“But-but you just woke up!”

“Yes, I did just wake up. But I can’t stay in bed for long Steph, I need to go. Please call for a carriage for me” at that point Tim already walks out of her bedroom.

“Wait? A carriage? Where are you going My Lady?”

Tim looks back at her, seeing the concern on the blond’s face. Tim knows that Stephanie will be pissed at her by doing this. But if Tim really is going back to the past, if she could really change the outcome of this incident then it means that she could also change future events.

If this is truly what happens then I could save Bart and Stephanie and Sir Luke. If I am back in time I could save Conner.

The look on Stephanie’s face, when she was about to be hanged, has haunted Tim in her nightmare.

“We are going to Viscount Ives Residence!”

Chapter 3: Chapter 2: The Butterfly Effect

Summary:

The door of the carriage is open and Tim soon sees the shock and horror on Sir Luke’s face.

Tim tries a small smile and offers her hand to the knight. Manner dictates that he has to accept and help Tim out of the carriage even if it is obvious he wants to shut the door and send it back to the palace.

Chapter Text

Saying that Stephanie was pissed was an understatement. She is beyond pissed. The look at her face when they board the carriage was enough to make even the horses uneasy. It was dead silent inside the carriage with Stephanie throwing dead glares in her direction the whole ride.

Tim tries to ignore it. She knows that it was stupid to go visit the one who poisoned you just four days ago. She knows how reckless she is being right now. She just got out of attempted murder and after she woke up she immediately went back to the crime scene.

Ah, if Pru sees this she will curse up a storm the whole ride Tim sadly thinks.

But the thing that Stephanie and the couch man do not know is that Tim has already lived this exact moment. She knew what the future holds and if she does not go and visit the Viscount house today then everything will repeat itself. And if it does then Samantha Ives will still be the victim of her Uncle’s jealousy.

The door of the carriage is open and Tim soon sees the shock and horror on Sir Luke’s face.

Tim tries a small smile and offers her hand to the knight. Manner dictates that he has to accept and help Tim out of the carriage even if it is obvious he wants to shut the door and send it back to the palace.

“I, Sir Luke Fox of the Knight Order, greets the Second Princess of Gotham, Her Royal Highness Timoti Drake-Wayne” Sir Luke bows down hesitantly, eyeing her with unconcealed worry. Has Tim said that she likes Sir Luke?

“Sir Luke, I am so happy to see you” Tim offers her hand and gestures him to walk her to the Viscount residence. The knight takes her hand but after five steps away from the carriage he stops and looks down.

“Princess, it is my understanding that you should be in bed right now resting after you just got poisoned”

“Yes, I should but now I feel so much better, and being outside actually really helps”

“Princess I-” Sir Luke's eyes get misty. Unshed tears behind the gorgeous dark brown orbs. “I am so glad that you are okay Baby Bird” he whispered softly. His grip on Tim’s hands tightens and Tim feels her own tears starting to gather in her eyes.

Baby Bird.

It was her nickname. The nickname was given by Dick once upon a time when his affection and attention were dedicated to only Tim. Sir Luke would sometimes slip up and called her that when he was still her personal knight. She forgot the last time any of her family calls her that. The moment Jason came back to Gotham, Bruce only called Jason by nickname. And when Damian came to live with Bruce instead with the Al Ghuls, Dick has given him the nickname Baby Bat and Baby Bird got forgotten.

It was good to hear those two words from someone who actually cares about her.

She feels her hands trembling but realizes that it is not only her hands. Sir Luke’s hands are also trembling. In relief or fear Tim does not know but it only cemented the fact that Sir Luke does care for her.

“Thank you Sir Luke” she smiles at the man that treats her like a sister.

Sir Luke smiles back while discreetly wiping his face with the sleeves of his dress shirt. “While I am really happy that you are well enough to stand and walk, I must say that I am displeased Your Highness”

“Oh?”

“What are you doing going back to Viscount Ives’ house? This family’s maid tried to poison you Your Highness, and we have reason to believe that he is behind the scheme” there is a soft grumble from Stephanie from behind her. An agreement of some sort but she is a good enough distance that Tim can not really make out the words. “If they are really the one behind all this, then you coming here will be a foolish act”

Tim understands this okay, she really does!

But none of them knows that Tim has the knowledge of the future. If she does not come and help the Viscount family, then an innocent woman’s life will be at stake. It will all be her fault. She can not stay ignorant, she needs to do this. If she could save Samantha Ives’ life then she could save the others.

“Well, I have reason to believe otherwise Sir Luke” Tim states.

Sir Luke is clearly doubting Tim’s statement but bless him, after looking after her since she was 8  he knows not to questions Tim’s intuition. She remembers how Sir Luke will fondly call her ‘little investigator’ whenever Tim successfully solves a problem.

“I am putting my faith in you My Princess, but the moment I see a threat coming your way I will immediately haul you back to the palace and the entire Viscount family will be executed before dawn,” Sir Luke says it with such conviction that Tim does not doubt that it will truly happen.

But she is not afraid.

Because the one whose life is in danger is not Tim but Lady Samantha Ives’ life.


The atmosphere of the drawing-room of Viscount Ives house was heavy and gloomy. Everyone was afraid to even look Tim in the eyes. The Viscountess looks so pale, Tim is concern that she will simply faint.

Well, not that she could blame her.

Being surrounded by at least 15 knights with their hands gripping tightly onto their sword handle and being stared down by not only the vicious ‘Batwing” but also by Stephanie Brown, the infamous Lady-in-waiting. Looks like the Ives has heard a rumor of how Steph beat up five men who try to ambush her, leaving with only a small bruise on her wrist.

If Tim is in their position she will be feeling faint too.

The Viscount, suddenly remembering his manner, bows down lower than is usually expected of an aristocrat and greets Tim. “I, Viscount Dixon Ives of Odessa, greets the Second Princess of Gotham, Her Royal Highness Timoti Drake-Wayne”

The Viscountess follows suit and so does the staff member present.

Tim nods back her greeting and immediately cut to the chase “I would like an audience with Lady Samantha Ives of Odessa if you please”

Tim can feel how everyone tense up. The Viscountess looks like she was about to cry and the Viscount clasps her hands gently in his. They share a small moment of silence before the Viscount faces Tim once again.

“I am afraid that I could not grant you an audience You Highness” his voice trembled a bit at the end. He is trying to be strong in front of his wives and the remaining of his subjects. Tim admires his courage to preserve the dignity of the family name. “Lady Samantha has been asked to not leave her bedroom and to not have any visitor unless for mealtime” he explains.

“I understand. However, as the Second Princess of Gotham, I did not request an audience. I am demanding it”

The Viscountess looks up and with a trembling voice ask “What would the Second Princess want from Lady Samantha? If it is to ask for retribution for Your Highness’ pain, I beg of you to accept this humble subject request” with that she slowly kneels down ignoring the shout of ‘Honey’ from her husband and ‘My Lady’ from her servants.

She ignores all this and prostrates herself in front of Tim.

“I, Viscountess Anne-Marie Ives of Odessa, begs for the Second Princess' forgiveness on the behalf of Lady Samantha Ives. This humble subject will gladly receive any punishment meant for Lady Samantha from the Second Princess” by the end of the sentence the Viscountess sobbing “My daughter is just a child, she is still young and foolish. She does not know the seriousness of the situation. Please… please I beg for the mercy of the Second Princess to forgive the slight against Her Highness by my daughter and her maid. That child is… she’s...”

Ah, so it’s already starting

“Please…. I beg of you… please forgive my child… I will take every punishment in her stead. Just please…”

“How dare you shamelessly begging for mercy for the Princess’ murderer!” Sir Luke unseated his sword, ready to aim it at the Viscount.

“Sir Luke, stand down!”

“B-but Your Highness, this shameless woman dare to protect the one who attempts to murder you! She should be punished with the rest of the family” Sir Luke walks past Tim and towards the Viscountess. Her husband immediately tries to shield her and a couple of servant tries to block Sir Luke’s path. This makes the already agitated knights surrounding them take action and grabs any servants within their vicinity.

“I said: Stand down!!” Tim yells at the top of her lungs. She straightens up her posture and schools her expression into the cold mask her Mother taught her.” As a noble, you should not let your emotion controls you Timoti. Show them no fear, no doubt, no happiness. If they can’t read you then they will be wary of you. And if they are wary of you they will not dare to displease you.”

Tim still does not agree with her Mother's teaching, but at a time like this, she is glad about her Mother's teaching. Every knight in the room immediately straightens up and seat back their swords. Sir Luke looks at her and does the same. “I am sorry Your Highness for ignoring your order”

At the corner of her eyes, Tim could see Stephanie looking at her in disbelieve. The moment she becomes a Wayne, Tim vowed to renounce the teaching of her birth parents. She spent years trying to become someone other than the one her parents tries to mold her into. She vowed that The Second Princess Timoti Drake-Wayne would not be like The Future Grand Duchess Timoti Jeanette Drake.

But here she is doing exactly what her Mother's taught her.

Tim understands why Stephanie’s looking at her like that. She knows that when she is like that she looks like the split image of Grand Duchess Janet Drake. It used to be something that frightens Tim, but after she went out on a journey to find Bruce, she saw the merit of being like Grand Duchess Janet.

When the situation calls for it, it is better to be a Drake than a Wayne.

“I hope that this will not happen again in the future Sir Luke. I recall our agreement was if there is a threat to my person, however, this is not a threat. The Viscountess is just doing what a good mother would do” Tim tries to smile again, shedding away the mask of Drake “She was only protecting her daughter”

At that, both the Viscountess and her husband look up. There is a hopeful glean in their eyes.

Tim prays that she is doing the right thing. That by doing this she could clear the Ives’ name and help their daughter. “I apologize if I gave the impression that I am here to punish your daughter. I am here to visit here because I know for a fact that she is currently ill”

Both Ives flinch at her words and a look of sadness and wariness takes place. “Why-why would… why would the Princess say that Lady Samantha is ill?” Ask the Viscount.

Tim takes a deep breath before releasing it slowly. This is it she thinks. “Because I remember during our tea party, I was not the only one who drinks the tea.”

Stephanie is the one who breaks the silence after that statement. “What are talking My Lady? The day you collapse, Lady Samantha was fine and her tea was untouched”

Sir Luke looks at her with a knowing glint in his eyes. He knows that Tim has an incredible memory. She will always remember something even though she only read it or see it once. So, if Tim said that Lady Samantha drunk the tea, she really did drink it.

“She told the knights that she did not drink it because she does not fancy the flower tea. That was what makes us think that she might be involved in this scheme. You just don’t serve a tea that you would not drink unless you use that as an excuse to not drink one” Sir Luke says.

“That is a correct assumption Sir Luke, however, there is one thing you do not know. I don’t know why the Lady did not tell you this but I was the one who brought the tea.”

“...Your Highness?”

“I was the one who brought the tea because I enjoy rose tea and I assumed that the Lady would enjoy it as well” Tim walks towards the Ives couple and slowly helps the Viscountess up. “The Lady never had one and was eager to try, however, she doesn’t like it after having a couple of sips. She apologized and we laughed about it afterward.”

The Viscountess was sobbing in relief. She knows that Tim will defend her family, she knows that Tim did not blame her daughter. “We both drink the tea. I immediately collapsed because I drink a little bit more than her. But this poison is still deadly even if you only drink a couple of sips. And the fact that the Viscount refuses to let me see his daughter means that she is currently experiencing the same pain I had just a couple of days ago. And since the King’s order to confine the Ives in their house and cut access to the Kingdom, it means that they aren’t able to call for a physician”

“Your Highness!!” the Viscountess and Viscount burst into new tears. “Please… if you know that our daughter is in pain, we beg for permission to seek a physician”

“We beg of you” the Viscount starts “her condition will only getting worse if she does not get immediate help”

Tim brushes her hands on the Viscountess tears. Wiping away the tears of a concerned mother.

Tim shakes herself out of that depressing thought and gives the couple a smiles “I have something way better than permission the seek a physician” she gestures for Stephanie to bring her bag to her and retrieve a small vial.

“This is the antidote for the poison. Ask one of the maids to give it to her now”

The Head Maid immediately takes action. She takes the vial from Tim and runs towards Lady Samantha’s room followed closely by two maids and the Viscountess. The Viscount turns to Tim and drops to his knee. He takes Tim’s hands and chants ‘thank you’  over and over.

The grip is tight and Tim can feel her circulation is cut. Her hands turn alarmingly purple and Stephanie looks ready to pry the man away from Tim. But Tim only grips the hands with equal strength.

She did it. She was able to save Lady Samantha’s life. Now she will not die alone in her room and the Ives family will live another day being the loving family that they are.

One death avoided. Only six more.

Chapter 4: Chapter 3: A New Direction

Summary:

“I will become stronger Steph. I promise you, no more begging for scraps from the Waynes. I will become my own person. I will gain my own ally and establish my power as the Second Princess of Gotham. And when I do, I will protect you, Stephanie Brown. I will protect you from anything that may harm you, I swear on my name” Tim can hear the trembling of her voice at the end but her conviction is strong and Stephanie can feel it.

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

Even if the Head Maid has given the antidote, it will still take time for Lady Samantha to get better. Stephanie recites the proper way of caring for the Lady after the antidote was given.

Tim could see that the remaining servants are extremely loyal to the family. All of them pay close attention to what Steph’s told them. After that, the Head Maid barks out an order and all the staff go out to accomplish them. Each and every one of them have tears gather in their eyes but a smile on their faces.

The Viscountess is sitting beside Lady Samantha’s bed. She is gripping her daughter’s hand tightly. Tears still streaming down her cheeks but there is a relief in her eyes. Her husband stands beside her and puts a hand on her shoulder. They share a small smile. Hope clear in their eyes.

The antidote Tim gave them was an antidote brewed by Lady Leslie, the Royal Physician. She is the most talented Physician in the whole Gotham. Every antidote and medicine she brews are always precise and the most effective. There is no doubt that Lady Samantha will be healthy again in no time.

“Princess Timoti, I can not even begin to tell you how grateful I am that you have given us this antidote. Let me pay for your most gracious kindness”

“There is no need, Lord Ives. I knew how painful it is, I simply do not want the Lady to keep experiencing the pain” Tim looks at the peaceful face of the sleeping girl. “I feel like I should take the blame by proxy, because of me your daughter have to experience what it is like to be poison. I never wish for anyone to experience what I have been through”

“Still, at least let me give my loyalty and my word as the Viscount of Odessa to you” the Viscount turns to look at her and kneel down. He gestured at one of the knights and the knight move forward and hand down her sword.

“What?” Tim looks around in confusion.

The Viscount raises the sword in his hands for Tim to take. Tim hesitates for a moment looking at the Viscount and Sir Luke. Sir Luke nods at her and takes a step back. “Viscount Ives was the member of Gotham Knight Order before he retired to take on the title of Viscount.”

Understanding what they are talking about. Tim takes the sword offer and slowly raising it and bringing it down to the Viscount’s shoulder. “By the power invested in me by His Majesty, King Bruce Wayne of Gotham,  as the Second Princess of Gotham I, Timoti Jeanette Drake-Wayne, appointed you as my loyal knight” Tim moves the sword to the other shoulder. She could feel that her hands were shaking.

She never would have thought that the Viscount would swear his loyalty as a Knight to her.

All knights were loyal to the King. There is no doubt about that. They took an oath to be loyal when they began their training as the King’s soldier. However, that was their oath as a group. This is an individual oath.

It is perceived as the most sacred of oath for a knight. Once a knight swore their loyalty to any individual they would never betray their Master. It could only be recited once, so not all knights have an individual oath. Some might be content with not having another Master besides the King. Some really take into consideration who they wanted to give their individual oath to.

Once a knight -or a former knight- gives you their loyalty, they will always follow you until death.

In her life, Tim only ever receives one Knight’s oath. Sir Luke gave his oath to her when she was 12. He was just been promoted to become Captain. Tim was sad that she would rarely see the man and that he would be too busy leading the whole army to remember about Tim. But at the night before the ceremony of his sworn-in, Sir Luke went to visit her and gave her his oath.

Tim never tries to fool herself into believing that there will be someone else who would give their loyalty to her. But here she is about to become the Master of Viscount Dixon.

“Do you solemnly swear to put your loyalty to me and only me? To become my sword in my time of need? To become my shadow if it is ever required?” Tim realizes only then how big of a deal this is. Bigger than when Sir Luke gave him his Oath in the middle of the night while everyone in the castle was asleep.

Because then it was just a promise between two people. Tim and Sir Luke. But now, with the Viscount, not only everyone in the room bears witness of it, the implication of the loyalty that was given becomes clear.

The Viscount isn’t only swearing his loyalty as an individual knight but also the loyalty of the whole of Odessa County.

Dixon Ives is the ruler of the County. All the knights who serve under the banner of Odessa, all the servants who serve under the Ives name, and all the subjects living in the Odessa County are loyal to this man who kneel before her. They will always be loyal to the Viscount first then the King second and the other Royal Family third.

And to be given this man’s loyalty means that Tim has the loyalty of everyone in this County. It will mean that they will be loyal to Tim first.

She feels tears gathering in her eyes.

Before she doesn’t have any ally to rely on. She spent her whole life trying to please Bruce and trying to gain the approval of her siblings. She never stops and tries to make a connection for herself. That’s why when Bruce was declared dead, she does not have anyone who can support her. No one was loyal to her -except Stephanie, Bart, and Conner, who were long dead before Bruce went missing, and Sir Luke who went into a coma after the war, she was all alone in the world. That what makes her desperate enough to come and seek help from Ra’s Al Ghul of all people.

Now that she has the loyalty of the entire Odessa County, she will be okay if the same thing happens to her again. They will trust her and follow her despite thinking she is crazy enough to chase a ghost.

Now she has an ally.

“I, Viscount Dixon Tom Ives of Odessa, do solemnly swear to the Second Princess of Gotham, Her Royal Highness Timoti Jeanette Drake-Wayne that I will only be loyal to her and only her. I will put my heart and soul to become the sword that will protect her and vanquish her enemy. I will become her shadow to do the things she requires so she will never have to sully her hands. I will follow her until the end of the sun, and I will be with her until the scythe brought down”

Tim brings the sword closer to herself and orders her new personal knight to stand. “With this, you are bound by your words and your loyalty to me. I will accept your oath and I will name you Bastien”


The ride home to the palace is quiet but unlike the ride to Viscount Ives’ house, it is comfortable.

Sir Luke has conceded with Tim's explanation on how it was not possible for the Ives’ to be involved, when their daughter got poisoned as well. Sir Luke could see how the parents love their only daughter with all their heart and they are not capable of sacrificing their daughter in order to kill Tim.

“I will bring this into consideration, Your Highness. But I could not possibly allow the surveillance to be stopped. It was the King’s order. They will no longer be the person of interest in this case and they will be cooperating to find the suspect from their family’s enemy but they are still under house arrest”

Sir Luke has promised all that. And even though Tim wants to press more, wants them to be declared innocent, there’s nothing they can do to reverse the order of the King. The Ives were all understanding. They were happy that Tim believes them and that she has saved their daughter. Tim has promised to send in a physician who can be discreet. Maybe Steph’s mom will accept the task.

Speaking of Steph, she was quiet the whole ride. Which is already so weird, unless she was angry. But she wasn’t. She was looking down at her lap and Tim feels a little bit concern.

The moment the couch man opens up the door, Stephanie orders him to close it again. The couch man looks silently to Tim who nods before closing it.

“Is there something wrong Steph?” she asks.

Stephanie looks at her for a moment before she was crying. Tim immediately panics because Steph never cries. Even when she has to see her father got caught and executed for his crime she did not shed any tears. Even when the whole court ridicules her and questions her nobility after her father’s crime she did not shed any tears. Even when the executioner tightens the noose around her head she did not shed any tears. Stephanie was always strong in Tim’s eyes. She was the strongest in Tim’s eyes.

But now she was crying and Tim does not know why.

“Steph? What happen?”

“This is not a sad tears Tim, I promise you it is not”

“Then-then why are you crying”

“I am happy” she wipes away the tears with her sleeves. “I am happy because now you are not alone”

Tim stops her fussing over her to stare at her. She can feel her mouth hang open. What is Stephanie saying?

“I was always afraid you are going to be alone Tim. I mean, don’t get me wrong I will always be by your side so you will never be alone-alone but I mean,” She pulls a handkerchief out of the bag she was carrying and dabs it on the corner of her eyes. She laughs a little before continuing, “But you are a Princess Tim, you are the Second Princess and you are fourth in line. You have no power. You are not the Crown Prince who everyone favors. You are not the one the King nicknamed ‘Black Bat’. You are not the one who has gather allies from other Kingdoms. You are not the one who has the heir of the country full of assassins.

“You are at a disadvantage, Tim. You only have a struggling Grand Duchy that is now being taking care of by your Mother former Lady-in-waiting. And even if they were supposed to be loyal to you, they are not because you were too busy trying to gain the Wayne’s family approval. Even if all of them -except Cass of course- are assholes to you, you still will try and bend around to have just a small piece of their affection. I was afraid for you every day because of it”

Steph takes Tim’s hands in hers, squeezes them once before sighing.

“We all know how Prince Jason and Prince Damian hate you, we all know that His Majesty likes to ignore you, and we all know how Prince Richard will only remember you when he feels like it. I was afraid that if something happens to you, then there will be no one who will come to your aid. Take this incident, for example, no one even stops to wonder how you were faring. Only Sir Luke and I who care, and I was afraid if the both of us were gone you will be completely alone. And I know you, Tim, you will do stupid things if I am not there to put your head back straight. We both know you need me as your conscious”

Both of them laugh at that.

Stephanie because of the inside joke, and Tim because of the irony. It did happen in the past -well, future- Stephanie’s concern. All the people who believe in Tim, who trusted her died or in a coma and she ended up being desperate enough to come and make a deal with Ra’s.

But Stephanie does not know that and Tim does not tell.

“I am happy that now you have a whole county you can rely on. You have people around your corner that could come to your aid. I am confident that the culprit will be found quickly now that the Odessa County will be involved in the investigation. Now, there will be more people that will make sure you will be okay. I am happy that now My Princess will have the power to survive”

It is true that if she has an ally then she has power. If she has power then she will survive whatever political conflict she will encounter in the future.

Connection means surviving.

Tim squeezes Stephanie’s hands and whispers “I never realized that it was a concern of yours” Tim lies easily.

Of course, she knew. It was the very reason Steph was dead in the past. She was very adamant to make sure that Tim has enough allies to support her position as the Second Princess. The incidents that transpired after she got poisoned made Tim’s already shaky reputation even worst. Steph had told her this. Has begged her to be more vigilant with her surrounding, to be more aware of the fact that she needs connection.

Steph made the wrong choice. She trusted Roman Sionis, a Viscount who was mostly neutral in his alliance when it comes to choosing the right Heir for the Crown. Steph believes him when she said that he will help Tim. She believed that he will become an ally for Tim but she was made a scapegoat. And she died because Tim only cared about the Waynes’ approval.

“Well, it is”

“You never told me”

Steph scoffs “If I told you before then you will probably just dismissed it and saying bullshit things like ‘having an ally in the Wayne family’. Even though both of us know that’s not true”

“Language” Tim chides softly.

The blond just laughs her quiet chime-like laughter.

“I think that I want to change the way I live Steph,” Tim says after her laughter died down “I can’t… I can’t keep living hoping to be given the breadcrumbs from the other Waynes. Deep down I know if I keep living like that then I will die one day. Alone”

And she did die. In the past. She means future. Whatever. Maybe she did not die alone. Maybe she died alongside Pru on that desert but she did die. And all because she was alone in her quest to find Bruce.

She is probably given a second chance. A chance to save herself from her fate and to save the people she cares about. She will use this opportunity to become stronger. She will gain more power, more allies. She will try her best to protect her loved ones in this second life.

“I will become stronger Steph. I promise you, no more begging for scraps from the Waynes. I will become my own person. I will gain my own ally and establish my power as the Second Princess of Gotham. And when I do, I will protect you, Stephanie Brown. I will protect you from anything that may harm you, I swear on my name” Tim can hear the trembling of her voice at the end but her conviction is strong and Stephanie can feel it.

“I swear to always be by your side, Your Highness. I swear to protect you and I swear I will help you gain all the power you need. I swear on my name”

Both of them squeeze each other hands so hard that it actually hurts a bit. But both do not care. Inside this carriage two friends making their own personal oath. Away from prying eyes and curious ears. This oath is just for the two of them.

And Tim thinks that this oath is more sacred than the others.

Notes:

Well, if it is clear from the last chapter Samantha her is Female!Sebastian Ives... I wanted to keep the gender at first but then I was like 'naaaah, let's genderbent him too' hahaha...
I think I need to mention this beforehand, the story is from Tim's point of view. The events that will be explained in this series will mainly based on what Tim knew from what he heard in the past. it does not mean it is exactly how it goes but since we are seeing it from Tim's eyes, we probably would not know the whole story....

Chapter 5: Chapter 4: A Blank Page

Summary:

Tim never realized that the maids will agree with Steph’s statement. She always thought that the maids were only serving her because of the King’s order and deep down they were resentful of her. Deep down they find her pathetic and annoying just like Jason does and they were actually glad if she died.

Maybe she was wrong.

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

It was two weeks after Tim’s visit to Viscount Ives’ house that she hears a piece of good news.

She was at her study, writing down the big events that will happen in the future. She remembers everything of course, but it definitely won’t hurt if Tim writes it all down in chronological order so she could come up with a plan to change the future.

She is not arrogant enough to believe that she could change everyone’s fate for the better. There are still things that will not change no matter what variable in the equation she changed. But Tim will still try to at least make it slightly better and offer up contingency plans. (Like the war against Darkseid, Tim could not prevent it to happen, even though she really want it to. But she could help so they can decrease the damage and deaths from the war).

(She feels a pang of pain in her chest when she has to remember the pain of losing Conner, but as the paper continues to be filled she lets her hope replace it. She will save Conner)

She was in the middle of writing down Bart’s battle against Thaddeus Thawne when Stephanie burst into her study room with her evening tea and a letter.

Tim looks up from her desk. She raises her left eyebrow when Steph just grins like a lunatic in the doorway.

“I have some good news My Lady!” she orders the maids that come with her to set up the table for Tim’s evening tea while Tim silently hides the paper containing the list of future events. It won’t be good if Tim is accused of being a witch.

“I hope you are hungry because I ask the Castle’s baker to make you the chocolate cake thingy you like!”

“Wow, this must be some very good news if you decide that I could eat some chocolate”

Chocolate is a rare delicacy. It is hard to find it in Gotham so not everyone could eat it. Stephanie who comes from a poor Baron’s family knew how much of a privilege it is to be able to consume chocolate. She insists that Tim limits her intake of chocolate and only eats it for special occasions.

“That way it will be extra special when we get to eat it” Stephanie has said when Tim ask for her reasoning.

And it did becomes an extra special thing they have. Whenever there is something special going on they will eat chocolate dessert. It becomes something to look forward to because it means that something good is happening. With everything that has happened in the past 8 months Tim searching for Bruce, something special like this is just the thing Tim needs.

“Please sit down Your Highness, I will read you this letter that I have received from Sir Luke”

Tim walks to the small coffee table on the left side of her study. After she sits down, a maid immediately pours down a cup of tea. It smells like jasmine and Tim smiles her thanks at the maid. Stephanie always knows what Tim likes.

“So, Sir Luke has informed me of some new evidence for the case My Lady” Stephanie starts after the maid had poured her a cup of tea, “He said that one of the knight reported a sighting of an old man who isn’t listed as the member of the Maleate household. Upon further investigation it was reveal that he was the father of the maid who poisoned you!”

Tim gasps at that. If they found the father and rescue him then they can finally make the maid confess the truth. They will be able to gather even more information because the father was aware of all the things happening and able to provide proof.

It is a little different then how it happens in the past.

In the past, the father's illness kept getting worse and the Baron was sure that he would die and lowered the guard on the old man. He was able to run away from the Baron’s house and passed on the proof of the Baron’s scheme to the butcher on the Capital. The butcher then went to the Palace and asked for an audience with Sir Luke. He was able to give all the proof that the maid’s father has gather.

If they were able to find the father that means that the Baron can face justice earlier.

“That’s not the best part, My Lady! When confronted he provided a hard evidence on the involvement of Baron Maleate in the scheme of poisoning you. He threatens the maid to pour poison on your tea and to put the blame on the Viscount family so he could take over the shipping company!”

“Oh my God….”

“I know! What a wretched human being. He earns a modest amount of money from the textile company he inherits. He was able to live comfortably but he chooses to be greedy” Stephanie sneers “I have reason to believe that if he focuses on the company instead then he be able to expand it. And who knows, he might be able to earn the title of Viscount if he kept the business growing!”

Tim hums her agreement.

That was what makes Tim confuse. If the Baron was patient and dedicated enough to his company in the next 7 months there will be a sudden increase in the demand for textile. If he does not follow his greed he will definitely expand his business to the point of exporting to other kingdom. Bruce will then gifted him the title of ‘Viscount’ for his service to help make Gotham prosper. Such a shame.

“Did Sir Luke said the name of the knight who finds the man?”

Stephanie frown after she reads the letter, “Hmm, that’s odd… there is no name here stated”

Tim also frowns at that. Usually there will be a mentioned of the knight’s name if they contributed to finding such a big break through. Usually Sir Luke will be very open to the achievement of his people. By stating the name of the knight, Sir Luke opens up a chance for them to be recognized by the Royal and to help with promotion.

Did Sir Luke forget to write down the name in his haste?

“Well never mind, I will ask Sir Luke my self later. What will happen now that he is found as the mastermind?”

Stephanie reached for the letter again and read it “Well, according to Sir Luke, the Baron will be going to court in the next ten days. The Baron’s wife and son will likely be granted pardon because they were reported to still be in the Diamond district visiting the Baroness’ aunt who is sick. They will still be under surveillance to make sure that they really aren’t involved in the scheme”

Tim knows for sure that both of them are innocent. They have been living with the Baroness’ aunt for about two months now. And the Baron only began scheming after getting caught on the news of Tim accepting the tea party invite two weeks before the date. Both of them did not participate in the scheming.

Besides, the Baroness hates the Baron. She will gladly rat him out to the knights if she had know of it. She was forced to marry the Baron because of her late Father’s wish. He was hoping that his daughter marries a nice man from the Ives family who is famously known as one of the kindest families in Gotham. However, kindness only runs in Viscount Dixon. The Baron was blindsided by his greed and jealousy that kindness isn’t the right word to describe him.

Speaking of the Baroness

“Do you have any information on the fate of the textile company?” Tim asks.

“What? Um, well, Sir Luke did not say anything about it but according to the law, it will be passed down to the Baroness. But I heard rumors in the kitchen that people become so angry at the Baron that they will definitely boycott all products. They will be bankrupt soon enough. That’s what they get for trying to kill our Princess” Steph huffs and continues to chomp down on her chocolate cake.

Out of the corner of her eyes, Tim could see that the maids are nodding along.

Tim never realized that the maids will agree with Steph’s statement. She always thought that the maids were only serving her because of the King’s order and deep down they were resentful of her. Deep down they find her pathetic and annoying just like Jason does and they were actually glad if she died.

Maybe she was wrong.

Maybe Steph was right. She was too busy trying to gain the favor of the Waynes that she is completely blind to the people around her. Well, time to change that.

After all, she promised Steph she will gain power.

Tim hums before putting her teacup down and waves the maids over after asking them to lock the door. Both maids look surprised but eagerly do as the Princess says. Tim gives them a smile and asks them to sits with Steph and her. The blond raises her eyebrow but does not say anything.

Tim asks both to secrecy, which they assure Tim that they will guard the secret with their live, before Tim given them some tasks.

She ask them to go find information on the state of the textile company and report back to her. She also ask one of them to secretly deliver a letter from Tim to the Baroness after they had gather all the information. She asks the other maid to deliver a letter to Duke Lucius Fox who oversees the business own by nobles in Gotham.Tim tells them how they will be Tim’s messenger and that she will trust them to be the bridge between Tim and these two people.

Both of the maid (Lily and Anna) agree and promised to do the task. “If I may ask Your Highness why do you need us to be in contact with these two people?” Anna asks.

Both Stephanie and Lily lean forward a little. All of them were confuse with her request.

“I am planning to form a partnership with Baroness Maleate and I need the Duke’s permission for that”

The three young lady gasp in disbelieve and start to protest. They talk about how it is ridiculous to trust the family after what happen with Tim. Each one bring up a valid point on why Tim should not do this. But Tim knows this is a golden opportunity. If she want to gain power she can not only rely on the number of ally. She need wealth. And even though her allowance as a Princess and the Heiress to the Drake Grand Duchy are sufficient enough, it is not truly hers. No, if she wants to gain wealth she need to actually gain it.

“Like you just said Steph, the textile industry is a promising field. There is already an increase of demand and I predict that the demand will only grow” well, it was more like she saw it grew, “If I could form a partnership with Baroness Maleate then I could secure half the market for textile. It’s a growing industry, so it will only grow profitable”

All three of them nods their agreement even though they still look sceptical.

“Look if the Baroness was proven to be involve then I could take over the business 100%” Tim shrugs. She is sure it won’t come to that but hearing that makes all three girls relieved.

“Then we will help Your Highness to establish the partnership. We will be very careful Your Highness, no one will know until everything is secure” Lily give a little nods at the end. Her body language oozes confidence. Anna mimics her not long after.

Oh, Tim likes the both of them.

After sending the two maid back to their station and ask them to unlock the door, Tim catches Steph’s eyes. The blond smiles and raise her tea cup. “A toast for Your Highness, may your path to power be blessed”

Tim smiles and brings her cup for a toast. A little ridiculous seeing that their doing it with tea and not champagne but like the oath in the carriage it feels right.

“May my path to power be successful”

Notes:

This chapter actually kinda acts like a filler chapter before the story progress more. I just want to drop some hints on what will happen in the future so the plot will make sense and things don't just suddenly appear out of nowhere in future chapters hahaha so yeah, the next chapter the story will progress again and more characters will be introduce!

by the way, just an in-universe fun fact: when someone offers a toast, you should recite the whole toast word per word exactly hmmm

Chapter 6: Chapter 5: Small Chain of Events

Summary:

Not long after the maids have clean up the table and brought back the tray to the kitchen (and doing their secret task) someone comes knocking on Tim’s door.

“Yes?”

The door was opened to reveal Sir Wally West, Dick’s personal knight, aide, and best friend. He looks sheepish as he walks up to Tim. “I, Sir Wally West of the Knight Order, greets the Second Princess of Gotham, Her Royal Highness Timoti Drake-Wayne”

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

Not long after the maids have clean up the table and brought back the tray to the kitchen (and doing their secret task) someone comes knocking on Tim’s office door.

“Yes?”

The door was opened to reveal Sir Wally West, Dick’s personal knight, aide, and best friend. He looks sheepish as he walks up to Tim. “I, Sir Wally West of the Knight Order, greets the Second Princess of Gotham, Her Royal Highness Timoti Drake-Wayne”

Tim tries to smile at Sir Wally but it’s a little bit hard considering the things happening in the future.

Sir Wally West is the nephew of Countess Iris West-Allen, the wife of Earl Barry Allen of Central Earldom. His parents were the late Sir Rudy and Lady Mary West. Two famous Knights of Central Order died tragically during the Battle of Winter.

Sir Wally was then adopted to the Earl’s family.

He entered the Knight Order at the same time as Dick and they have become really close friends. According to the rumor, Sir Wally’s individual oath was given to Dick. Though there was also a rumor that it was to Prince Roy’s Personal Knight, Lady Artemis Crock. (Tim knows for sure that the individual oath was given to Dick and a different and slightly less sacred oath was given to Lady Artemis).

But the fact that he was loyal to Dick is not the reason she is cautious around Sir Wally. No, it was because of how he did not help Bart when Thaddeus Thawne came to Central. If Wally was able to see past the fact that Bart had a dubious origin, Bart will not die at the hands of his evil twin brother.

Tim still resent Sir Wally even when logically Tim could understand his reason.

Still, Bart was the one who’s her best friend, not Sir Wally. So, even though Tim could understand where he came from, she still feels wary of him.

“Sir Wally, may I help you with something?” Tim asks after a couple of seconds of silence.

Sir Wally seems to catch Tim’s wariness. He tries to make himself small and project harmlessness. “I am here to deliver a message from the Crown Prince” Tim puts down her quill and gestures for him to continue. Sir Wally looks at her for a couple of seconds with an expression of shock before he continues “Ah, yes. His Royal Highness regretfully informs me that he may not be able to become Your Highness' escort for the upcoming Ball at the Queen Empire since he will be attending another matter. The Crown Prince wants me to send his deepest apology for this unfortunate turn of the event”

Ah, yes the Queen Empire’s ball. The most humiliating ball that I have ever attended

The Second Princess of Gotham still remembers the Ball vividly. She was invited by Princess Mia of Queen. She was supposed to be going to the Ball with Dick. Dick had agreed and promised to come with her to the Ball. Though, he stood her up four days before the Ball. Everyone knew that Tim will never attend a Ball alone and she never attend a Ball without either being escorted by Dick or Jason (though both like to bail on her most of the time. It was the reason why she was never really social in the past). She meant to bail on this one too but since this is an invitation by the neighbor Empire she can not just decide to bail. She had bail on the Kane’s before being poisoned, and it is really bad form to bail on someone’s invitation twice in a row. So, she went alone.

And when she arrived there who did she find? Dick Grayson.

He was there escorting the Crown Princess of Tamaran. Tim was exhausted from the trip to Gotham to the Queen Empire. So she was irritated by the fact that Dick bail on her to go with Princess Kori.

She confronted him. And what did he do? Apologize? No.

He gaslighted her in front of the whole room. Dick might not realize it (or he did, Tim doesn’t really know and she doesn’t really care now) but the things that come out of his mouth were so patronizing that everyone started to politely laugh. And in high society, everyone knows when they started politely laughing at you they were actually making fun of you.

Tim left early that day. And there was a rumor going around that Tim is a clingy Princess who can’t take social cues.

In the past, she felt devastated hearing the words coming out of Sir Wally’s mouth. Right now, she is just pissed. Deep down she wanted to ask Sir Wally to relay a message back to Dick. Tim learned a lot of cuss words from Owen, Z, and Pru. She could definitely ask Sir Wally to rely on the carefully crafted sentences full of cuss words that the Trio Assassin has taught Tim. But she can not do it. She is still a Princess after all. She knows manner and all that.

“I see. Thank you for informing me Sir Wally” Tim said with a polite smile.

There! She still got it. The answer is graceful and dignified. Owen, Z, and Pru might be disappointed that Tim did not use what they taught in this golden opportunity. But alas, being a Princess means sometimes you must disappoint some people.

Tim picks up her quill once again and started to write down the continuation of her plans. Yes, plans plural. She might not be able to do much in the past but now that she has all this information of the past and the informal training from Ra’s, the Princess could come up with various plans and contingencies. She will never become desperate ever again.

In the middle of writing down her plans, a sudden thought occurs to her. If she wanted to change the future this might be her chance to save Bart.

The events leading to the demised of one Bartholomew Allen were as follow:

  1. A Bart Allen was suddenly introduced by Earl Barry Allen of Central Earldom as his vassals and possible heir.
  2. Earl Barry Allen of Central Earldom claimed Sir Bart as his blood relative even though the Earl and Countess never explain how were they related (and after Tim was explained by Bart she understands why they didn’t. It was too complex to understand).
  3. The families that support the Allen Family were wary of a sudden emergent of an heir that has a dubious origin (seriously, even if they were to explain it everyone will just get confused. Tim is a genius and even she has a hard time understanding it).
  4. They started to back Sir Wally to take over the title of the Earl of Central, even though he does not share blood with the Allen lineage and was not named Heir by Earl Barry (Sir Wally did not want it anyway).
  5. Sir Bart has no one to support him and his claim for the title of Earl was not recognized.
  6. Six months after Tim reaches the age of 16, Earl Allen of Central sacrifices himself to save the Earldom and the Gotham Kingdom after an attack by a mysterious being by the name of Mobius.
  7. Sir Bart Allen who has no support was usurped and Sir Wally was appointed as Earl.
  8. It later revealed four months after the death of Earl Barry Allen of Central, that Sir Bart has the bloodline of Thawne. A cursed family who was banished from Central Earldom many years ago. Not only that, Sir Bart has a twin! (surprise! What a plot twist!)
  9. The twin wanted to kill Sir Bart because Sir Bart was deemed a traitor of the Thawne bloodline (even though he is part Allen). Sir Wally refused to help because helping will only break the peace treaty between the Allens and Thawnes and it will be disastrous for Gotham (the only reason Bart and Thad did not break the treaty is that both of them are not acknowledged as an Allen after Earl Barry died).
  10. And that’s when the life of one Bartholomew Allen ended.

When Tim thinks about it, the problem is simple: Bart does not have a strong ally while Thaddeus Thawne has plenty.

Well, he has Tim and Conner. But Tim was a Princess without any supporter herself and Conner is the KronPrinz of Krypton who does not have any power outside of Krypton Kaiserreich.

(Tim straightens up. She can not let herself get caught up in her grief of losing Conner every time she remembers about the Prince. She has to focus on things she should be doing so she can change the KronPrinz’s fate.)

Now Tim is attempting to gain allies. She already gained the loyalty of the Ives and by extension Odessa, and if anything went according to the plan then she might form a partnership with the Maleates. If Tim continues to gain support from other noble families and other people then her support to Bart’s claim of Central Earldom might be recognized, or they at least have a chance of fighting against Sir Wally who has the support of the Crown Prince of Gotham.

But first, Tim needs to establish a connection with Bart.

This was not how they meet the first time, but well, meeting early would not hurt much right? Tim and Bart were best friends in the past. They definitely will become best friends in this present. Tim will make sure of it.

As Tim is reaching for the paper to write a personal letter on, she catches the sight of Sir Wally still standing in her study.

Was he standing here all this time? Tim wonders.

“Yes, Sir Wally? Is there anything else I can help you with?”

Sir Wally only looks at Tim like she suddenly grows another head. What’s with him today? He kept looking at Tim like what Tim did surprises him every time. There is an awkward silence between them where Sir Wally is still staring at her in disbelief and Tim stares him back in confusion.

Finally, Sir Wally clears his throat and says, “Ah, I assumed that the Second Princess would like me to relay a message back to the Crown Prince” at the middle of the sentence he seems to lost confidence and it ended up sounding like a question.

Ah, how tempting it was to just pull every swear words the Trio Assassin taught her.

“No, I don’t have any message for the Crown Prince,” Tim says instead. Curiously, Sir Wally’s face looks like Tim is cussing at him. Seriously what is going on? “If there is nothing else Sir Wally, I still have some work to do” Tim dismisses him easily. Going back to writing a letter for Bart.

Tim does not hear Sir Wally’s farewell but she does hear the sound of the door closing this time.

After she finishes her letter, she puts it in a very fancy envelope only for special occasions and closed it with her own personal seal. Tim hopes Bart will accept Tim’s request to be her escort. Only after she writes down Bart’s name in the envelope, does she realize that she misses Bart.

She hands the letter to Stephanie with the instruction to hand it to one of the page boys so they could hopefully deliver it to Central before dinner.

Steph takes it, looks at it for a while, before looking back at Tim. “No more begging for scraps from the Waynes, huh?” she recites.

Tim just gives her a smirk she learns from Pru. Tim hopes she will be proud if she sees it.

Notes:

Yeeaayyy Wally is here!! I actually have real trouble writing down the feud between Wally and Bart over the Earl title. Wally is one of my favorite characters and I am also fond of Bart and I just want them to be the best cousins, soft, and protective of each other huhuhu.... but I need a good reason for Bart's death and taking his death by Thad and the Flash's Rogue in the comic into consideration, I feel that it is appropriate to make Bart alone without Wally's help being the reason he died.

Chapter 7: Side Chapter: Bartholomew Henry "Bart" Allen

Summary:

“A letter for you Sir, from the Royal Palace” he announces.

“A letter? For Bart? From the Royal Palace?” Grandma Iris gasps softly. Her voice is full of awe. That is understandable because Bart never received any letter. It has already been three years since Bart was introduced as the Vassal and Heir of Central Earldom. But no one ever invited Bart personally to any social function. No one ever writes for him.

Notes:

I have planned to have side chapters in which the POV will be from other characters! I feel like it will give more insight into the universe if we see the story from other people's eyes. Here is the first side chapter featuring our baby cinnamon roll Bart!!

Chapter Text

It is dinner time when one of the servants comes in and hands over a letter to the First Footman. The First Footman glances at the letter eyes widen before heading straight to Bart. He almost chokes on his drink when the First Footman stops beside Bart’s chair.

“A letter for you Sir, from the Royal Palace” he announces a look of disbelief in his eyes.

“A letter? For Bart? From the Royal Palace?” Grandma Iris gasps softly. Her voice is full of awe. That is understandable because Bart never received any letter. It has already been three years since Bart was introduced as the Vassal and Heir of Central Earldom. But no one ever invited Bart personally to any social function. No one ever writes for him.

Bart understands why, he does. A young boy suddenly appears out of nowhere and claimed to be of blood with the Earl of Central even though the Earl has no more living relative and has yet to produce an heir. Every respectable noble family will be wary to form a connection with him.

Grandpa Barry and Grandma Iris always try to reassure Bart that they accept him as family and that they did not care about what other people said. “Once an Allen always an Allen, and we Allens always protect our own” was what Grandpa Barry told him one night when he broke down after a dinner with a very rude guest.

Even though Bart understands it stills hurts when each day no letter comes for him.

But now, there is one. A letter addressed to Bart. From a Royal Family no less! Bart can see the glean of happiness and pride in the eyes of his grandparents. Even though Grandpa Barry is an Earl and Wally is the best friend of the Crown Prince, the Allens still rarely got a personal message from the Royal Family.

The First Footman hands over the letter to Bart and goes back to his place by the door. Bart looks down at the seal of the letter and this time he does choke on his own spit.

He tries to control his coughing while Grandma Iris kept asking him about the name of the sender. Oh boy, she will not believe what he is about to say. “It’s from the Second Princess”

The sound of Grandpa Barry’s cutlery hitting his plate is loud in the silence of the room.

His grandparents look at him in disbelieve before Grandma Iris bursts into tears and stand up. She goes to Bart and he automatically stands up to receive her hug. She was trembling a little. This is like a dream comes true to every young child of nobility. The Second Princess of Gotham never sends a personal letter to anyone before. No one even has seen the seal of the Second Princess used in any mail.

Even the elusive First Princess of Gotham has sent personal letters before. Granted it was letter requests for a friendly duel match to different fighters in Gotham but still, at least there are several people who received them.

But no one has ever received the Second Princess’ personal letter. No one until Bart! So of course Grandma Iris is trembling. This is a very good thing to happen to the Allen household.

“Oh my God… the Second Princess….” Grandpa Barry says with awe.

“Oh, Bart! This is such great news!” Grandma Iris releases Bart enough so she can look him in the eyes. There were tear in her warm brown eyes, “I can’t believe it the Second Princess… oh Bart!” she kisses his forehead and Bart laughs a little.

With this, he can finally show his worth as an Allen.

“Well! What are you waiting for Bart! Read it to us!!” Grandpa Barry exclaims loudly while Grandma Iris nods and goes back to her seat across from Bart.

Bart nods and opens the letter with the letter opener the First Footman has placed beside his plate. He was nervous and his fingers were vibrating so much that the letter slips from his fingers. Grandpa Barry teases him about being too nervous and Grandma Iris laughs in good nature. But they could not fool Bart, he knows they were quite nervous too.

He finally succeeds in opening the envelope and began reading the letter out loud.

Dear Sir Bartholomew of Central Earldom, the letter began. He can feel his chest burst with warmth. That right there is an acknowledgment. The use of "of Central Earldom" after his name was one way of acknowledging Bart’s claim of the title. And the Second Princess used it in her letter. It’s a declaration of support from the second Princess of Gotham.

With the way Grandma Iris chokes down her sobs, everyone in this room has come to the same conclusion: The Second Princess is Bart’s ally.

I hope this letter finds you in good health. I apologize beforehand for this bold and sudden letter, but I have to admit to having held an interest to form a correspondency with the Heir apparent of the Central Earldom for quite some time. It is my understanding that Sir Bartholomew and I share the same age.

“She said Heir apparent…” Grandpa Barry whispers softly.

If you have been keeping up with the gossip column then you would probably know I have no friends of the same age aside from my Lady-in-waiting, Lady Stephanie Brown as shameful as it is to admit. I hope that I could form a friendship with Sir Bartholomew.

Sir Bartholomew, in four days' time there will be a Ball hosted by Princess Mia of Queen Empire. 

Grandma Iris gasps with excitement after hearing that.

With this letter, I, the Second Princess of Gotham, formally request you to be my escort to the Ball. Please, inform me of your answer before tea time tomorrow at the latest.

In the end, Bart was half-shouting in his excitement. Being an escort for the Second Princess who was infamously known to only attend social gatherings with her elder brothers as escorts. OMG, this is so crash!

Grandma Iris is already ordering the maids to bring the nicest, prettiest paper they have and to bring the family seal. While Grandpa Barry is ordering the Head Butler to schedule a meeting with a suitmaker to make a new suit for Bart to wear to the Ball. All the other maids, servants, and footmen are chattering excitedly among themselves about how amazing it was that ‘our Young Master is finally recognized by someone important’.

But Bart tunes down all of that because he still can not believe what he’s just read.

At the end of the letter, the Second Princess signed her name. That’s not what makes him freezes. No, it was how she signed it.

“She signed it as the Second Princess and Heiress of Drake Grand Duchy”

Everyone in the room stops. Grandpa Barry asks him to repeat what he just said. This time Bart speaks a little loudly with so much awe seeps into every word “It is signed as:

Yours Sincerely,

Timoti Drake-Wayne

The Second Princess of Gotham

Heiress of Drake Grand Duchy

“She uses the Drake name?” Grandma Iris quickly runs to Bart’s side and takes the letter from Bart’s hands. She reads the end part of the letter over and over before she cups her hand on her mouth and states “she uses the Drake name!”

Grandma Iris cries and hugs Bart so tightly that he could have sworn he hears something pop. There is a sound of something scraping the floor before strong arms wrap around both of them.

“She uses the Drake name?” Grandpa Barry whispers softly against Bart’s hair.

Bart nods before saying “she uses the Drake name”

And the three Allen spent the next ten minutes just holding each other. No one wants to release the other lest it was all a dream and the letter was not real. But after they detangled themself, Bart looks down, and there it is. The letter is still in his hands.

Signing her name with both titles means Princess Timoti was promising not only the support of the Second Princess of Gotham’s court but also every knights serving under the banner of Bristol, and all the subjects loyal to the Drake Grand Duchy.

This is very strong support, a very strong ally to help Bart establish his claim over the title of Earl.

Grandma Iris wipes away tears that fall down freely on his cheeks. Since when does he start crying?

“Let’s finish dinner and then we will compose a reply so that the page boy will be able to sent it as early as possible tomorrow. How about that Sir Bart, the Royal Escort of the Second Princess of Gotham?” she teases.

Bart smiles at that and says, “Sound like a plan”

Chapter 8: Chapter 6: An Everlasting Friendship

Summary:

“Listen Steph, if I don’t go back in time for bed then I want you to deliver the letter I wrote to Lord Ives okay?”

“Yes, I know. But I won’t have to because you will be back before bedtime, right?” she insists.

Well, glad that one of them is confident with Tim’s current survival skills.

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

By the end of lunch, Tim has received an answer from Bart.

She opens it clumsily. Very nervous and excited to hear from one of her dearest friends. She starts reading it and began to laughs softly. That earns a confused hum from Stephanie who was overseeing the maids cleaning up the table. Tim just smiles at her and continues reading.

Dear Princess Timoti,

I hope this letter found you in good health. It is my greatest pleasure to receive a letter from the Second Princess of Gotham, Her Royal Highness Timoti Drake-Wayne.

I could not even begin to describe my gratitude for the Second Princess’ generosity to request for this humble person to be her Royal Escort. There is no doubt that the answer would be acceptance. It will be my greatest honor to accompany the Second Princess in attending the Ball at Queen Empire.

Yours Sincerely,

Bartholomew Allen

Heir of Central Earldom

It is pretty clear to Tim that Lady Iris has heavily edited the letter before sending it to Tim. The Bart Tim knew did not care about the proper way of writing a formal letter. The Bart Tim knew would use strange expressions to describe something. This shows that Bart is also extremely nervous replying to Tim that he asked for Lady Iris’ help.

She hopes that it will change soon. She misses Bart’s way of constructing sentences.

The princess carefully placing back the letter and puts it safely in a chest that she bought just for the letters she hopes she could exchange with Bart. Stephanie walks behind her after the last maid has left the room. “So, I take it that Sir Bartholomew has agreed to be your escort?”

Tim nods her answer before starting to change her clothes.

Today Tim has plans to go out to the Capital. To make sure the plans work, Tim needs to make a certain connection that will hopefully not betray Tim. She knows this is a very risky thing, but if she could win him over and makes him swears his loyalty then her future plans will run smoothly.

Hopefully.

Tim can feel Stephanie fidgeting behind her. Since this morning Stephanie has said her concern over and over again. She told Stephanie her plans and the blond object it vehemently. But with a bit of persuasion, she was able to convince the blond.

“I still think this is a bad idea Tim”

“Mhm, so you have said for the hundred times”

“I am serious Tim! You could die if it goes sideways! He is the most notorious mercenary in Gotham! You could never ever bought his loyalty! The moment someone offers a better deal in his eye, he will stab you in the back so fast that you will never see it coming!”

Stephanie’s concern is understandable, especially considering the fact that Tim now is an untrained fighter. In her past life, Tim never tried to pick up martial arts even though all of her siblings did. She was constantly belittled by Jason that she became too afraid to even try.

But the journey to find Bruce requires her to learn.

She trained with Ra’s and surprisingly she discovers that she actually has a talent for it. Ra’s praises her quick learning, something that never happens before. Even Damian, the Heir to the Demon’s Head legacy never gotten praise from the man.

Obviously, in this body, she is just a 15-year-old girl who never even lifted a sword before (well not really, she did. Twice. But never for fighting). Tim knows that this body is full of limitations currently. She did spend the last two weeks doing some light training to try to make her body reach the level it was once… or will be? The point is Tim starts to train her body using the training regime Ra’s gave her.

But Tim still remembers the theory and she has increased a little bit in stamina. Even if her body did not know how to move if her mind knew how she could improvise so that she could at least run away safely.

Stephanie helps her sneak past all the guards and out of the gate. If Tim survives this, she might need to interrogate her Lady-in-waiting on how she could know the exact schedule of the changing shift of the guards. Later, if she comes back alive.

“Listen Steph, if I don’t go back in time for bed then I want you to deliver the letter I wrote to Lord Ives okay?”

“Yes, I know. But I won’t have to because you will be back before bedtime, right?” she insists.

Well, glad that one of them is confident with Tim’s current survival skills.


Finding the man was easy enough if you knew where to look and what to say. Tim was ushered immediately inside a room at the local inn called “The Majestic Inn”.

The room is damp and dark. Tim has to squint her eyes to be able to make out the line of the man sitting in the chair across her. The man does not say anything. No doubt he is judging Tim, trying to see her intention.

All she could think about is how dramatic this man is.

“Do you always do business in the dark?” Tim barks at the shadow.

It was a couple of seconds before the man answer “Depends if little missy is afraid of the dark then I will light this candle just for you” his voice is mocking but Tim heard the sound of a sword being drawn back. Tim swallows thickly. If Tim could not secure a deal and gain this man's loyalty quickly then there will be a possibility she will be hunted down.

Tim does not want to find out that there was a contract to kill her after his sword pierces through her.

For a couple of seconds, Tim freezes, remembering the dessert and the sword of the Widower. She tries to control her breathing and hide the fact she was panicking. But by the way, the man moves slightly, Tim has no doubt the man already knows.

“I come to make a deal”

The man hums, “A deal? Usually, people said I want to perform a contract. Looks like you still haven’t gotten all the phrases down yet little missy”

Tim let the anger of being looked down on slowly melting the ice in her heart. She feels her body getting warm and relaxes, “Well, I am not here to make a contract. I am here to make a deal”

“And what makes you think I will find it interesting?”

“Because it’s the information you have always wanted” The man stills. This is it; the moment of truth. If Tim could convince him and make him swore his loyalty…

“Oh, little missy, I want many different kinds of information. You are not the only informant in this part of town. I could easily-”

“I know where Adeline Kane was buried”

The temperature of the room suddenly drops and in the blink of an eye, the man moves. Tim was prepared but she can still feel the brush of a hand against her shoulder. That man almost slammed me to the wall!

Tim tries to put a distance between them as far as the room will allow. Different kinds of escape routes enter Tim’s mind. She has brought a bo staff with her. Something not very effective against sword but the plan was to be nonthreatening. So, bo staff, it is.

“Where do you hear that name?”

“If I told you, you have to agree with the terms of our de-” Tim ducks quickly and rolls out of reach again, “I am serious! I will only talk if you agree to a deal!”

“Oh? And what makes you think I will not torture it out of you?”

Tim gulps “Because you never use violence if it is not for a contract. Because you are bound by your words to only do things professionally”

The man stills again.

Tim thinks that he has failed and preparing to leave when the man suddenly lit the candles. The room got a little brighter and Tim can finally see the man better.

His eye bore into Tim’s. He gestured for the chair opposite him before he sits down. “Talk. Now.”

“Not, until you hear and agree with the terms of my deal”

“Listen here, you little shit” he stands up to his full height. Successfully intimidating Tim a little bit. Just a little bit, “I have very little patience right now. Talk willingly now, or I will make you talk”

“No, this is a professional request from me. I want you to hear my terms and agree to them before I tell you anything.”

The man looks down at Tim for a couple of minutes before giving up and reaches out for some liquor on the cabinet. He drinks it in one go which impresses Tim really. When he finished with that bottle he takes out another one then sits back in his chair “Fine, let’s hear it”

Tim finally sits, “I have only two terms, swore your loyalty to me and I want you to help me defeat someone in the future”

“In the future? You don’t want me to deal with your problem now?”

“There isn’t a problem yet"

“So why come here?” he takes a swig of the liquor.

“Because there will be one in the future, and I need your help to deal with it. Obviously, there will be small tasks I will ask you to do as part of your loyalty to me but the moment you help me take care of that someone, you can leave and we can pretend that the oath never exists” Tim explains. Tim is a little bit afraid that he will ask too many questions because she does not have an answer.

Clearly saying things like ‘I know future events because I came from the future’ will not be an acceptable answer.

“What will I get in return?”

“For the first term I will give you the location of Adeline Kane’s grave” the man nods at her encouraging her to continue, “after the second term has been completed I will give you one more piece of information. I will give you the name of her killer”

The moment the sentence left her mouth, Tim knew right away that he accepts her deal. Tim feels relief washes over her. She can not believe that she can win over him. The deadliest mercenary in Gotham. However, the real problem is to make him swore an oath to her.

This oath is a little different from the Knight’s individual oath. This is the oath of someone who lost everything. The oath only people like a mercenary will do.

The Wayward Soul’s Oath.

This oath is the same level of sacred as the Knight’s individual oath but this oath lack honor. This is an oath a desperate person swore in a time of desperate needs. It can only be broken once one of them died.

“Fine let’s begin”

Tim nods and offers her hand to him. He takes it in his and kneels down. “In the name of Orcus, punisher of broken oaths, I demand the loyalty of the ones below me. Bind him to his words and bind him to me. You will follow me wherever I go and do as I  say. You will never betray me and will not let others.” Tim feels some sort of heaviness in her heart. She never realized the oath could be so demanding. “You will give me your name and let Orcus bares witness to the proof of your royalty.”

The man gives Tim a condescending smirk as he begins reciting his part of the oath, “I, Deathstroke Terminator, gave you my name and-” before he could continue Tim covers his mouth. The man looks up at her, eyebrow raise. “what?” he asks after Tim releases his mouth.

“Give me your name”

Deathstroke scoffs, rolling his remaining eye “That is my name, missy. Now if we could continue, my knees starting to get hurt-”

“I said give me your name Slade” Tim tries to channel her inner Drake Voice. Former Grand Duchess Janet taught her how to use it. She claimed that every single blood-Drake was able to channel such a commanding voice that even the most vicious of men will cower in fear.

“Those type of people thinks they are unstoppable. They think that they own the world by being loud. But remember Timoti, those people are dogs who just learn how to bark. To reign them in you don’t need to yell at them, you just need to remind them who’s Alpha.”

And that voice was exactly that a remainder that Drakes are the Alphas.

Tim feels the slight twitch of Deathstroke’s hand but to the man’s credit, he did not cower. In fact, there is a little bit of amusement in his eye. He shifted a bit so he finally kneeling in the right position. Good, now Tim has his loyalty.

“I, Slade Joseph Wilson, gave you my name and my words. I will follow you wherever you go and do as you say. I will never betray you and I will not let others. With Orcus as our witness, I give you my loyalty” Slade kissed Tim’s knuckles before releasing them and rise from his feet.

“Now that I have done the first term tell me where she was buried”

Tim nods and rattles out the location. It was a little far away from Gotham but still accessible. Slade nods his head and starts to walk to the closet to retrieve a bag. He begins shoving clothes and essentials before taking his weaponry.

“You are going now?”

“Sure, why not?’

“It’s almost night, surely it will be safer if you go tomorrow” that makes Slade laughs at her. Tim feels her cheek heats up before mumbling “Right, the most deadly mercenary in Gotham”

After Slade finishes packing his things, he heads out. He stops just when he was about to leave and turns back to Tim. “How do you know she was buried there?” he asks and for a second Tim can see the man behind the mask. A broken man behind the mask of a tough mercenary.

“Because he told me”

“He?”

“The killer” At that Slade glares at her, shifting his posture to attack her. Tim laughs a little bit maniacally. Slade looks uncomfortable for a second. “Relax, I'm not on his side if anything I want him dead”

Notes:

aaaand the story continues!! At first, I want for Tim to search for Lady Shiva instead of Slade, I want to write a scene where Tim train with her but at the time I was writing this part I was binge reading stories about Slade as Tim's caretaker/nanny/uncle/godfather sooo I wrote him instead ahahahahah

Chapter 9: Chapter 7: In the Eye of the Hurricane

Summary:

Bruce is no better than Grand Duke Jack. Tim met Bruce when he was at his lowest. Grieving from losing his son. He ignored Tim most of the time, just like her Father. But when Tim wanted to leave, Bruce manipulated her into thinking she was wanted then set her aside when his children came flocking.

This is the same dance. Bruce ignoring her for months on end only giving her the barest minimum of affection, and then continue to ignore her.

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

Tim is able to go back before bedtime. A fact that makes Stephanie cries.

She has seen the blond cry twice now. For some reason it makes Tim feel really uncomfortable. What should she do to calm the blond down? She wasn’t sure. So, she just let Steph hug her and cry at her shoulder before releasing her.

“I thought that will be the last time I saw you!”

“Ye of little faith” she joked.

“No, I’m serious! I was very nervous! Sir Alfred came to my room and ask for you. I told him you went to bed early and does not want to be disturb, and he asked me to relay a message from His Majesty to you. He was looking at me with suspicion! I swear that man can sniff up liars! I was so afraid that he was suddenly going to run back to my room and-”

“Woah woah woah, hold on” Tim covers Stephanie’s mouth before she can ramble on, “His Majesty has a message for me?”

Stephanie nods and Tim retracts her hand, “Yes, His Majesty requested your present for tomorrow's breakfast” she looks apologetic at Tim but Tim dismissed it with a wave of her hand.

Bruce is requesting her present? After more than two weeks of her waking up from being poison only now, he wants to see Tim?

A little part of her still wanted the approval of the man she saw as a father figure. But the bigger part of her is angry. She spent four days fighting for her life and have two weeks of recovery and only now he wants to see her?

In the past, Tim will be excited by this small display of affection. Because if Bruce asks for her presence that means that he was thinking of her. Even though it was always far in between, she was just happy that Bruce thinks about her at all. But now?

After everything that she went through, she becomes more aware of the lack of attention Bruce gave her in comparison to her other siblings.

Damian gets to spent every dinner with Bruce. Dick always got Sunday’s meal times. Jason for tea time whenever the Second Prince wants. And Cass gets the whole day when she decides to visit Gotham after her mission.

Tim never gets anything. She just waits in the shadow and be happy with whatever was given to her.

In the last two weeks, Tim has had time to think over a lot of things. One of them was about how foolish she was to ever hoping to gain the same affection as her siblings. Unlike her other siblings, she wasn’t chosen by Bruce. He did not pick her up after a tragedy at a circus. He did not pick her up after seeing her on the street at the Capital. He did not pick her up after he got defeated by her in combat.

No, she was shoved into his care after her parents died before she is of age.

Though Lady Dana was more than happy to raise Tim as her own while maintaining Bristol Grand Duchy, her parents’ will was for her to be taken by her Mother’s cousin, King Bruce Wayne of Gotham.

Since the will of the death is considered sacred. Bruce has no other choice but to take in Tim.

Tim takes in a deep breath because she almost blames herself again.

No, it was never her fault. When she was ten she asked Bruce to release her from his care. She told him how she will go back to Bristol and prepare herself to take over as Grand Duchess when she reaches 18.

But what did Bruce do?

He told ten-year-old Tim that he wants her to be his daughter. That he would give a decree that proclaimed her as the Princess of Gotham. He promises that she can go back to Bristol anytime she wants but he wants her to be here with him. He calls her sweetheart and she gave in.

She accepted it and put her hopes in Bruce. Grand Duke Jack was an adequate father but not the best. He sometimes got too busy doing his own thing that he forgot to spend time with Tim. Even when he did remember though, he ended up doing things he liked that Tim never enjoys. It was awkward most of the time. Tim wished that they can have a better relationship but then her Father died.

She was hoping Bruce to be different, judging from his interaction with Jason and Dick. Turned out she was a fool.

Bruce is no better than Grand Duke Jack. Tim met Bruce when he was at his lowest. Grieving from losing his son. He ignored Tim most of the time, just like her Father. But when Tim wanted to leave, Bruce manipulated her into thinking she was wanted then set her aside when his children came flocking.

This is the same dance. Bruce ignoring her for months on end only giving her the barest minimum of affection, and then continue to ignore her.

But not now. She will not play into this game anymore. Don’t get her wrong, she will still try to prevent Bruce’s disappearance. She is pissed but not petty. She has a plan to prevent that. Though the plan does not need for Tim to play nice with the Waynes.

Tim dismissed Stephanie with an order to help her prepare for breakfast. As she watches the door close, Tim thinks to herself: why did I go searching for him again?


Breakfast with Bruce turns into breakfast with the Waynes when Dick finds out that Bruce was having breakfast with Tim. He let himself in the room with Damian following behind him and demanded a plate just as the Butler finish plating Tim’s meal. Out of the corner of her eyes, Tim can see Alfred's displeasure before he orders the servants to serve the two Princes.

Before the servants leave the door burst open once again and in comes Jason.

He scans the room and when his gaze lands on Tim he sneers and takes a seat right next to Bruce across from Dick. Which is great. Fantastic. Just exactly what Tim needs.

Several servants come in and distributed the meal to the three Princes. After they have done it, Alfred inspects their work before deeming it acceptable.

Tim tries to not make any eye contact with them. When Bruce orders them to eat, Tim pays close attention to her meal and tries to think about something else. Anything else other than the fact all of the Wayne men are in the same room.

As Tim eats bread, her mind wonders about Slade and his journey. She wonders how far he is now. It will take two days to reach the grave by horse but Tim has the suspicion it will take Slade less than that. Then her mind wonders to the Ives. She wonders if Lady Samantha has received her gift. The last time they exchange letters, the Lady told her how she always wanted to read the story written by Lord Nygma, a famous mystery writer in Gotham. She has sent a copy of his most rare work. Tim hopes she likes it.

Then her mind wanders to Bart and the upcoming Ball. Which will be held in two days' time. The journey to the Empire will take the entire day, so Tim has to be ready in the morning so she can arrive with enough time to get ready.

She tunes down the conversation around her and is startled as a shout is heard in her left ear. It is only by sheer willpower that Tim did not punch Jason in the face.

The Second Prince is laughing so hard he almost fell out of the chair. Damian is snickering and giving side comments on how pathetic Tim is. Dick is pouting at her complaining about how she was not paying attention to him talking.

I don’t really care what you say she thinks but she only stares blankly at Dick.

Noticing her blank stares, Dick straightens up a little. Tim continues staring, slowly easing to the Drake Mask of Cold Indifference. It is super effective and it makes even Jason and Damian uncomfortable. Oh, they never see me like this before.

Bruce clears his throat and chides Tim on table manners and how rude Tim is for ignoring the Crown Prince. When Bruce starts his lecture, Dick started nodding while pouting at Tim. Damian slowly becomes smug as he starts to watch Tim getting scolded. Jason does not hide his obvious glee at seeing Tim suffering.

But as Tim continues to stare at Bruce with cold dead eyes. The man becomes a little uncomfortable. In the past, at this point, Tim will try to hide her tears and shame and apologize non-stop. But now, Tim just radiates ‘Hurry up, I don’t have all day’.

The three other Princes start to notice how Tim acts differently. Dick begins straightening his back again. Damian slowly reaches for the knife. While Jason stares at her in disbelieve especially since Bruce’s lecture has died down.

All the men just stared at her, and she stares back. Holding it for a couple more seconds before she moves her lips to form the fakest smile she has ever done.

Bruce and Jason look alarmed. Dick looks in horror. While Damian looks uneasy.

“I understand Your Majesty” at the use of his title instead of his name Bruce looks constipated, “I will surely mind my manner from now on”

She then addresses Dick, “What were you trying to ask me, Crown Prince?”

Dick just gapes at her and seriously it was glorious if not for the fact that it irritates Tim. First, he wants to talk to her when she clearly doesn’t want to and now he just stares at her like that?

“Your Highness?”

“The fuck Pretender? What the hell with this Your Highness nonsense?” Jason tries to look nonchalant but he fails miserably. Tim supposes none of them know how to deal with a Drake.

“I am just doing what you always wanted me to do Second Prince. Addressing all the Wayne with their appropriate title” Jason does not have a quick come back for that for some reason.

“Tt. So you finally realize your proper place, Drake? Took you long enough” Damian is trying to show the smugness that he definitely did not feel. His posture is too defensive. He has folded his arms across his chest.

That is a sign of someone wanting to hide their weaknesses, My Beloved Princess.

Tim grits her teeth. Feeling her nails digging into her palm “Yes, you are correct Third Prince. I finally realize my own merits” Tim brings the napkin across her lap to her mouth and slowly stands up “Now, I have to excuse myself. Thank you for the meal, Alfred”

“Wait, Tim-”

Before Bruce can say anything Tim cut him off with a goodbye. “I, Timoti Drake of Bristol, wish His Majesty the King, the Crown Prince, the Second Prince, and the Third Prince of Gotham, a very blessed day” she bows down then leaves the room without looking back.

Notes:

Yeeeey, finally we have the Waynes!! I hope I did okay with the breakfast scene, I want to show how the Waynes treated Tim so far.

But, that's not important, HAVE YOU SEEN THE NEW URBAN LEGENDS!!! OMG, I got spoiled by someone on THAT scene earlier today and I can't help but be excited ever since because; CANON BI TIM!!!! AAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!

Anyways, the Waynes will not be around much because they are more side characters in this story actually, but they will have their own side chapters!

Chapter 10: Chapter 8: A Rose by Other Name

Summary:

Tim has contemplated after her talk with Stephanie in the carriage and with the knowledge from her past to confront her second Mother and starts to get more involved with the Drakes.

When the situation calls for it, it is better to be a Drake than a Wayne.

Maybe this is the time for her to fully be a Drake.

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

She had done it.

Instead of using her title as the Second Princess, she used Drake instead. She has never done that before. She always insisted on the Wayne name. She always wanted people to see her as Wayne so bad that she never uses just Drake.

When the situation calls for it, it is better to be a Drake than a Wayne.

Tim has been thinking about it for the last two weeks after Steph has mentioned the fact that Tim’s former household is now considered as fallen, even though no one is brave enough to say it out loud. (There are still noble families who are loyal to the Drakes that still hope to see the glorious day of Drake Grand Duchy when Tim takes over).

The Drake Grand Duchy was used to be the second most powerful family in Gotham. They were nobility that has the blood of the First King of Gotham. The Waynes and Drakes are technically cousins but Grand Duchess Janet and King Bruce Wayne hated each other. Even though they were close in age and were raised as if they were siblings, they can not stand to be in each other presence for more than five minutes.

Well, her Mother never said the word ‘hate’, she only said that ‘Brucie is an intolerable fool who did not know how to quit’. And Bruce always said that ‘Jannie is a cold-hearted woman who needs to loosen up’.

(Although, her Father once told her that the real reason for the animosity between the two is because of the misunderstanding they have after the death of the former King and Queen of Gotham. Grand Duchess Janet was 15 when it happens and she already inherits the title after her parent's death when she was ten. Bruce was 13 and he has immediately ascended the throne as 'Robin King'. Instead of going to his cousin for support -or any other noble family really- Bruce decided to cut ties with all the noble. He gave the power of the Crown to Sir Alfred until he comes of age. However, the night before he was supposed to officially be crowned King of Gotham, he disappeared. After five years he came back, a warrior, and took over as King. This was when Father said the misunderstanding happened. “Janet only wanted to make sure King Bruce was fine after being involved with the Al Ghuls, while  King Bruce… well, he thought that’s the only way to protect the last of his family.”).

But even the most powerful could fall.

When Tim was 8 there was a powerful earthquake that hit Bristol, the home of the Drakes. It was so powerful that more than half the Land was destroyed in this tragedy. It was also when her parents died.

Because Tim was way too young to be the next Grand Duchess -and because of her parents’ will- the Grand Duchy was taken over by Lady Dana Winters.

She was Tim’s Mother’s Lady-in-waiting. Though Tim knew that their relationship was more than that.

It was the most scandalous thing that the Drakes would have done if not for the fact no one knew.

Grand Duchess Janet was in a secret polyamorous relationship with Grand Duke Jack and Lady Dana.

Her Mother was in love with Lady Dana first, and Lady Dana reciprocates that feeling. However, the status of Grand Duchess Janet as the Heiress and only child and the fact that they are both women made their love story impossible.

When her Mother became 18, everyone began pestering her to get marry and strengthen the Grand Duchy power.

Mother was reluctant because she knew if she got married then her relationship with Lady Dana has to end. But then she met Lord Jack Draper, the First Son of Marquess Alvin Draper.

Lord Jack did not care if Grand Duchess Janet was in love with Lady Dana. As a second-born child he knew the expectation society has on him was different than on his sister who is the firstborn and Heiress to the title.

Secondborn -and all the children that were born after- can enter into a child-less marriage should they wish. People would not care if the second child marries someone of the same gender as long as they came from a respectable family and not a commoner.

Firstborn, however, has to marry to produce an Heir or Heiress.

That was why Grand Duchess Janet could not marry Lady Dana. And because of Lord Jack’s understanding (though Tim suspected her Father was agreeing because he wanted to marry to a family that could support his archeology hobby), five months after they met he was proclaimed as Grand Duke Jack Drake of Bristol.

(Lady Dana always said that the three ended falling in love together and soon after Tim was born. And Tim wishes she knew this story from the beginning. She was only told by Lady Dana after she turned 18. Because it was two weeks after Conner’s death, and the thought of someone hiding something so important from her was just….)

Tim and Lady Dana kept writing for each other despite Tim being the Second Princess. The letter was never really long but frequent. Sometimes gifts were sent. Sometimes Lady Dana would come to visit. But before Tim always thought of it as her Mother’s former employee checking up on the Future Heiress.

Tim never realized before it was a concerned mother checking up on her only daughter.

The last letter Lady Dana sent was a four-page long letter detailing her concern about Tim’s poison incident and how sorry she was that she could not visit her because she was too swamped with what happened in Bristol

Tim used to think that it was lip service and that Lady Dana wasn’t really planning on visiting Tim. Though a year later she found out that during that week Tim was sick, Lady Dana was facing her own attempted murder scheme. She was fine and no one got hurt but it still put the whole household on edge.

Tim has contemplated after her talk with Stephanie in the carriage and with the knowledge from her past to confront her second Mother and starts to get more involved with the Drakes.

When the situation calls for it, it is better to be a Drake than a Wayne.

Maybe this is the time for her to fully be a Drake.

She was busy listing on the pros and cons of doing exactly that when a knock came on the door. Tim let them in and Sir Wally opens the door offering his greeting. Tim nods back and asks for his intention.

“The Crown Prince has sent me here to request for your presence for lunch at His Royal Highness’ Palace. He wants me to inform you that he had ordered the chefs to cook your favorite meal”

Tim’s eyebrow rises at that because really Dick? After what happened during breakfast? Does he really think Tim would want to see the face of another Wayne right now?

“Ah, how considerate of the Crown Prince. However, I have to decline. I already have a prior engagement that I could not be postponed” Tim tries to show how sorry she is, but judging from the uneasy look on Sir Wally’s face she fails. Oh, well.

“Please send my greatest, most sincere apology to the Crown Prince” Tim can hear the mocking in her own voice at ‘most sincere’. Sir Wally can hear it too and Tim hopes that will be his cue to never become the messenger between Dick and Tim again.

But the man still carries on, “Then how about Your Highness come for tea? I will inform the chefs to make the chocolate cake Her Royal High Highness loves so much”

“Ah, I apologize but once again I must decline” chocolate cake is for special occasions, and meeting Dick is not one of them.

“Th-then perhaps dinner, My Princess? I can arrange for the maids to use the old dini-”

“Sir Wallace, I think the Princess has clearly declined and stated her sincere apology” Steph’s voice was hard and cold. She is already standing up from the sofa on the other side of the room. Her knitting needles still in her hands, gripped tight in a mock imitation of a dagger while the shawl she knitted lay abandoned on the table.

Tim can see Sir Wally gulps.

Everyone knows how capable of a fighter Stephanie is. She was selected by Grand Duchess Janet because of her capability to fight and having the willpower to match. She is nowhere near the level of any of the Waynes, but she definitely can hold on her own against Sir Wally.

“A-ah, yes… I do think the Second Princess has said that.. however, I think-”

“I believe you have overstayed your welcome here Sir. Guards! Please escort Sir Wallace out of the Princess’ Palace.”

Before the guards could come and take Sir Wally away, the Knight bows down and leaves by himself. He closes the door behind him and Steph lets out a long and loud sigh.

“Ugh, what is the Crown Prince up to? Suddenly inviting you for lunch?”

Tim is also wondering about that. Dick never really invites her to sit with him for a meal. For tea, maybe. But never a meal.

Dick is a notorious flirt. Even back when he was still engaged to Lady Barbara Gordon, daughter of the Commander of the Knight Order, he would still go out to the Capital and went on dates with other people. He would go and invite young noblewomen to lunch with him in the Capital’s most famous restaurant or dinner back in his Palace.

When it was only the two of them, back when Jason still went around other Kingdoms after he’s supposed ‘death’, Tim and Dick will spend time whenever Dick decided he wants to spend time with her. It means that Dick would just randomly invited her to tea in the garden or the at the old private library or near the lake. Tim thought it was the most amazing thing to ever happen since she never had a sibling before.

But when compared to how Dick hangs out with Damian now, it is plain to see he does not really care for Tim.

“It does not matter anyway, right? I don’t plan to see him again” Tim continue his pros and cons list, “I mean, because of him I got lectured by His Majesty so I really do not want to see his face”

Stephanie smiles at that and goes back to knitting. It is actually one of many things that she does very badly but as a Lady-in-waiting, she was expected to be able to do it. People have weird expectations for a Lady-in-waiting and her Lady. Both of them learned that it is better to make a show as if they had met those expectations instead of going against them.

But since Tim has started to be more aware of his surroundings and try to gain power as the Second Princess, Stephanie actually starts to want to excel in the things that she usually scoffs at.

“When you reach the top where you have the whole Kingdom seeing your every move, I do not want to be their excuse to flaw you,” Stephanie told her when she asked why the blond started to learn to do the things she never bothers before. “If I am perfect then you shall be flawless. I will try my best from now on to become the epitome of Lady-in-waiting!’

Tim knows how Stephanie always feels about the skills a Lady-in-waiting of Gotham needs to master. She always feels like it was a stupid thing to be forced to do the things you are not passionate about but when Tim told her that she does not have to force herself, the blond took her hand and said. “I said that I will help you gain power right?’ and they never talked about it ever again.

From the sofa, Steph speaks up, “You know that if Sir Wally was that determined to invite you over then it will be in your best interest to actually leave for your prior engagement?”

Yes, that’s true.

Tim sighs and thinks over her duties for the day. She actually is pretty much done, a little bit more before she is really done. Though she could finish it before lunch. Hmm, what to do?

“Stephanie, arrange a lunch for me and send a messenger to Earl Allen’s house, say that the Second Princess would like to invite Sir Bart for a Lunch at the Capital. A carriage will be provided for him”

And with that, the blond stands up and does as ordered.


The new restaurant Stephanie picked for this lunch is famous for the long waiting list. Because of the Royal status Tim has, they were immediately seated in the restaurant's private balcony without a fuss. The head chef and the owner of the establishment came and greet Tim and her companion and personally sees that Tim will leave satisfied.

It is plain to see that the owner knew the rumor surrounding Bart. She was wary of him for a second, a little hesitant to greet him. But when she saw how Tim refuses to even see her face before she greets Bart, she treats him like any other important clientele. After all, a displeased member of the Royal will bring a bad reputation to the restaurant. A displeased Second Princess who never once eat outside of the Palace? Her establishment will be as good as ruined.

As the people around them get busy preparing for their meal, Tim orders the guards to stand outside the room instead. They try to reason with her but she only replays her order and out they went.

Bart looks extremely nervous. He keeps fidgeting and vibrating. Whenever he realizes he does, he will forcibly force himself to stops and corrects his posture. Tim smiles sadly at that. She likes it when Bart is bouncing around being animated and rambles on about all the things that went on his mind.

“You don’t need to be nervous Sir Bartholomew, you have done great so far”

Bart visibly flinches before letting out a small chuckle, “I apologize, Your Highness. I hope that you do not mind my nervousness”

“I do not. Although, I have to admit I am quite nervous myself” Bart looks at her like he does not believe her. Tim knows that on the outside she looks composed but on the inside, she can feel her stomach fold in and on itself.

In her past, Bart always told her that he always like her for who she really is. Not as the Second Princess. Not as the Drake Heiress. He liked her as Tim, his best friend.

In this present, Tim wants Bart to like her too. She never knew the reason why Bart likes her. He was at a disadvantage and befriending Tim would not helping that at the time. But he still came to her and made small talks. He said that he wanted to hang out again. He was a very dear friend and Tim will try her best to make Bart like her in this time too.

So, yeah she is also nervous.

“Believe me, Sir Bartholomew. I always wanted to make acquaintances with you, Sir. So, I am pretty nervous that Sir Bartholomew will find my company unpleasant” Tim confesses.

Bart’s eyes widen a bit at that before he begins talking in a rush, “No, not at all Your Highness! I am finding Your Highness’ company to be the most pleasant. I have always admired the Second Princess! Your Highness was always so composed and graceful, and pretty, and you always look awesome and I am only a mere Vassal, I am afraid that I am not up to the Princess’ standard, and when you see that you will find that it is a…” Bart trails of when one of the servants side-eyeing him while pouring their drink.

The servant is judging him and Bart looks visibly deflates because of that. Tim lets out a small giggle that startles both Bart and the servants.

“I knew that Sir Bartholomew will be someone delightful,” she says while giving the servant a side glance.

The servant looks chastised for judging someone who the Second Princess likes. Good, I will not let anyone look down on him again.

“I am happy that I had decided to send that letter to you Sir Bartholomew. If I did not force myself to be courageous enough to write for you, I might not be able to be in your wonderful company”

“Bart”

“Pardon?”

As Tim keeps on talking Bart was getting even more comfortable. The nervousness seems to be disappearing. He seems more confident too. “Please call me Bart, You Highness”

She can feel her eyes burning. Bart only lets people close to him call him that. Even though he hates his full name, having people says your full name is a sign of them respecting your authority. So, he always tries for people to call him that.

Meanwhile, nicknames are for people who are more closer to you.

To think that Bart lets her call him that at their first meeting is a promise of a friendship.

“Then Sir Bart, I must insist for you to call me Tim”

Bart looks as if he is about to cry too when he answers, “It is my pleasure, Princess Tim”

Notes:

My computer was lagging just a while ago and I have such a hard time posting so I ended up posting without writing notes lol

But now it is somewhat fixed here is some in universe fun fact: despite how Tim says that it will be a scandal if her parents' relationship got out and no one knew, in reality everyone actually knew or assumed about the three. But polyamory is like those things where most people doing it and other know that most people do it but it is a taboo to discuss about it. Much like how sex works in the past... everyone is doing it but in polite society you should act like you never do it lol... so yeah that's what is happening with the Drakes, Tim is just too young to really understand that it is quite common.

I was toying with the idea to have different kingdoms having different culture and ideals and politics etc... there are several kingdoms I already fleshed out for this fic, and for Gotham I kinda want it to be a more progressive kingdom. One that isn't sexist, nor homophobic but still classist. I planned to introduce their acceptance of polyamory through Talia/Bruce/Selina pairing but it does not quiet fit, especially since I made League of Assassin into another kingdom, too much politic to be explained for that one lol so, I went with Janet/Jack/Dana because why not? And techincally the three are Tim's canon parents.

Chapter 11: Chapter 9: The Deal with the Devil

Summary:

“I don’t know what you are talking about. I am a Lady, I can not be dangerous” Tim giggles slightly.

“Oh yeah?” Slade looks at her in disbelieve “You are holding that brush like a weapon. You put all your pins in the position near your hands so you can throw them if necessary. Hell, right now you are angling your body so you can put as much distance between us as possible should I attack” he laughs at the end.

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

Tim ended up having a stroll with Bart after lunch and having tea at one of the most popular tea-house in Gotham. They both have a delightful day and Bart even got more comfortable with her. They talked about many things; the etiquette of Queen Empire, the suit that Bart will wear, the time paradox, and Tim’s favorite Lord Nygma’s book. She hopes that things will be better in the future so that she can see the Bart she uses to know again.

There is no doubt that there will be a rumor going about on how the Second Princess of Gotham, who rarely goes out, was seen with Sir Bartholomew Allen, the infamous Vassal of Earl Barry of Central.

It is definitely a good thing, though. If a rumor about the two’s friendship is heard around the high society circle then noble families will look into the opportunities to form ties with Bart. With that, his claim to the title Heir of Central Earldom will be acknowledged.

Tim feels happiness radiates from her chest at that thought.

If this goes as well for future outings, then when Thaddeus came Bart will have protection.

Tim is still smiling when she reaches her bedroom. Stephanie will come in an hour for dinner but before that Tim has some time for herself. When she was about to open her door, she hesitates. Something does not feel right.

“Is there something wrong, Your Highness?” one of the guards asks.

“No, everything is just fine Sir Bernard” the knight looks startled that Tim knows his name. He nods and Tim opens the door.

Tim closes the door slowly and sighs. She walks towards her vanity and starts to pull on the pins and clips on her hair. Usually, she waits for Stephanie to do this but Tim needs the excuse to make her hand busy.

“I believe it supposed to take four days to reach for the grave and back to Gotham. I’m surprised that you have come back early.”

She catches the movement in the shadow on the corner of her room.

Slade with his silver hair looks at her with an annoying smirk before replying, “Well, it took two days to get there if you follow the road”

That makes Tim stops in the process of combing her hair. “You went through the forest? You know that there are wild animals lurking around, right?”

“Oh, Princess… I thought you knew me. A wild bear is hardly a challenge” he scoffs.

Tim knows that Slade is an excellent fighter. Someone who probably could go head to head with Bruce but even so… a bear? Bruce is always wary to stay the night in the forest. Even Ra’s Al Ghul would prefer to stay on the road whenever possible.

This just cemented the fact that Slade is someone you do not want to mess with.

“So, why are you here?”

“What? You do not want to know how I know you are the Second Princess? I mean after all those efforts you put to hide yourself, I thought you will be more shocked that I found out”

Tim supposes he has a point but, “I was not trying to hide from you, Sir Wilson. I was hiding from other people. Besides, you saw my face. It will be easy for you to find my identity if you really try hard”

Slade was looking at her with a strange expression “I suppose”

“Well, are you finally going to tell me your reason for being here, Sir Wilson?”

“Ah, geez kid, just call me Slade. No need for that Sir crap”

“Well, I thought it was appropriate considering your past” Tim turns fully in his direction.

The room goes silent. For a moment both of them stare at each other. Assessing the people in front of them. Trying to pry and see the person behind the mask.

Whatever Slade sees in her eyes that moment brought a tiny bit of a smile on his face “You are something else kid” He goes to her vanity and leans on the wall beside it. “I have seen the grave. It is exactly where you said it will be”

“You think I will be lying? The deal was sacred, I will not survive if I have lied to you” And it’s true. The oath ties into the deal, if Tim or Slade did not do what they agree on then death will be on their door.

“I am not accusing you of lying. I just meant that you knew the exact location because the killer trusted you enough to share this information” Slade begins “I have tried for many years to extract the information from anyone even slightly suspicious but no one knows. Here you are, the reclusive Second Princess of Gotham, knowing the exact place and markings of the grave.

“Wouldn’t you think it is curious as to how that is possible?”

Tim hums her agreement “I supposed it is quite curious indeed”

They lock eyes once again but this time instead of letting Slade assesses her, Tim channels her inner Drake and tries to stares Deathstroke down.

There is a slight shift in his posture before he forces himself to be calm, “You are one scary lady, you know that? I’m fucking glad that you decided to make me your ally.”

“You make it sound like I am someone dangerous” Tim frowns.

“Are you not? Someone who can stare you down like they are dissecting you from the outside. Someone who knows how to move like they know how to fight despite not looking like it. Someone who knows my real name. I don’t know why you haven’t realized this yet but someone like that? It isn’t someone I want to cross”

“I don’t know what you are talking about. I am a Lady, I can not be dangerous” Tim giggles slightly.

“Oh yeah?” Slade looks at her in disbelieve “You are holding that brush like a weapon. You put all your pins in the position near your hands so you can throw them if necessary. Hell, right now you are angling your body so you can put as much distance between us as possible should I attack” he laughs at the end.

“They were all deliberate. Just like when you came to me you were ready for a fight and even though you look like you don’t. Appear weak when you are strong, isn’t it? If that does not make you dangerous then I don’t know what does”

It is Tim’s turn to give Slade a smirk and any sort of amusement in Slade’s eyes disappears.

“I suppose it does but who will believe you?”

That draws a snort follows closely with a laugh from Slade, “Man, I’m fucking glad that I took that oath. Because whoever is on your shit list right now? I am genuinely fear for their life, My Lady”

Tim snorts at that.


“This oath is for the desperate souls, child. People who have lost everything. People who cling to the tiniest bit of hope left in their miserable life. I don’t think you are one of them. Those souls are tainted with their grief and sorrow. Those are the ones who are able to recite the oath. How would someone who’s Royalty, who’s born with a golden spoon in their mouth worthy of the oath?”

“Because I lost everyone who believes in me”

“.…”

“Because I lost my place in my family”

“.…”

“Because I lost my love one”

“Hmm, you know the consequences should you break the oath?”

“Yes”

“Then, in the name of Orcus, punisher of broken oaths, I demand the loyalty of the one below me. Bind her to her words and bind her to me. You will follow me and only me. You will please me. You will never betray me. You will give me your name and let Orcus bares witness to the proof of your royalty.”

“I, Timoti Jeanette Wayne, gave you my name and my words. I will follow you and only you. I will please you. I will never betray you. As long as I live. With Orcus as our witness, I give you my loyalty” 

“Well, child, now you are mine”


Tim wakes up with a gasp. She tries to sucks in some air but her throat closes up. Her hands claw at her throat as if that will be able to help her.

She detangles herself from the thick blanket draping over her body. She feels the room gets smaller, her vision blurs, and a loud ringing noise can be heard in the distance.

The Princess draws back the curtain and opens her window. She gasps loudly, sucking in as much air as possible. In her rush, some air got into the wrong pipe and now she was coughing.

There was a small knock on her door where Sir Bernard voices his concern. She easily dismissed his concern. Sir Bernard seems hesitant after hearing how raspy and out of breath Tim’s voice sound. But Tim reassure him once again.

The sound of the knight’s feet leaving the door can be heard in the silence of the night.

Tim takes another deep breath and looks up at the moon as rage burns hot inside her chest.

I am my own now

Notes:

I can't help but put Slade in this chapter lol, he really just pops out whenever he likes.

From now on, whenever there is a flashback of Tim's past, it will be mostly dialogues in italic. I feel like I could write down more information that way than if I put it in a paragraph with descriptions of their expression, movement, etc. It lowers the risk of the chapter being too long hahahah... I hope that's okay.

Chapter 12: Chapter 10: Because I was a Different Person Then

Summary:

“Ah, no… that’s not what I mean” of course not. Tim knows what he wants.

Tim used to greet with a broad smile and a hug while saying “Good Morning, Dick” in the happiest tone. Tim rather die again than do that.

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

“No! I said to bring the ruby necklace! Not the jade! The Princess looks stunning in red so we need to make sure that she has at least one item with the color!” Stephanie is currently busy trying to do the last preparation for their departure for the Queen Empire.

“I’m sure that the green won’t really clash with my dress for tomorrow’s night Steph”

“No! I have established from the beginning that red and black is your color! We need the ruby necklace to complement your dress” Stephanie glares at the maid who saunters in with the correct necklace. She nods and signals the maid to pack it with their other luggage. “Besides, green is the Queen Imperial Family’s color. I am certain that every member will be wearing green dresses and suits. We can not let Your Highness share the same color scheme with them”

Tim does not care much and she is sure the Imperial Family would not mind. She is quite sure that Emperor Oliver will actually love that Tim is wearing his family’s color.

But no one can actually win against Stephanie.

“Okay, the shoe is acceptable although pack the one with the black lining too just in case” the maids nod and quickly pack all Tim’s things to be carried to her carriage.

Stephanie turns to her and begins helping her getting ready. While Stephanie styles her hair, the sound of a commotion in the hall makes her stop. “What happens?” she asks one of the guards.

Before the guard goes to check, the door to Tim’s bedroom swings open, and a shout is heard, “Timmyyyy!! Come have breakfast with me!”

From the reflection of her mirror, Tim’s eyes meet Dick’s. “Before we go and make our way to Queen Empire, let us break our fast together, Timmy”

Stephanie is about to object to the offer (or screams at Dick judging from the pissed-off look she has), but then Dick claps his hands, and in come his maids and servants bringing trays of food.

He orders his maids to rearrange Tim’s furniture, earning a wary glance from Tim’s maids. Tim gestures for them to hang back and takes Stephanie’s hands and squeezes. A silent reassurance that she can handle Dick being annoying early in the morning.

“I, Timoti Drake of Bristol, greets the Crown Prince of Gotham, His Royal Highness Richard Grayson-Wayne” Stephanie and her staff palace follow suit reluctantly. “We greet the Crown Prince of Gotham, His Royal Highness Richard Grayson-Wayne”

Dick flinches slightly at the formal and cold greeting before he straightens himself and offers a smile. “Come on Tim, that’s not how to greet your big brother”

“Ah, apology” Tim bows once more and offer a different greeting. “I, Timoti Drake of Bristol, greets the First Prince of Gotham, Saint Patron of Bludhaven, the esteemed leader, Sir Richard Grayson-Wayne”

Her Lady-in-waiting and her staff repeat the greeting. Although, Tim is sure there is amusement they secretly share after seeing how Tim refuses to greet Dick like she used to. After Lily and Anna were given a secret task, they began telling the other staff how the Second Princess changed.

They told them how the Princess is more confident in her own worth and trying to finally gain the power she should deserve. It creates a chain of reaction where every other staff starts to give their own observation.

They seem to approve of Tim’s cold and indifferent attitude towards the rest of the Waynes. Especially after that disaster of a breakfast.

The staff serves under Tim’s name and is therefore protected by her. However in the past she never tries to, she was busy trying to please the Waynes that she did not establish her and her staff’s power within the Palace’s domestic workers.

Tim in the past did not realize that her being meek and easily pushed around by the Princes was making her Palace Staff the joke of the Palace’s domestic workers. The other staff -especially from Damian’s- liked to push them around because they knew Tim will not defend them.

But not anymore.

Now, Tim will put her people first. If any of the Waynes, or their courtier, or their staff dare to mess with hers then she will not stay quiet. The staff has realized this and started earnestly serve Tim.

“Ah, no… that’s not what I mean” of course not. Tim knows what he wants.

Tim used to greet with a broad smile and a hug while saying “Good Morning, Dick” in the happiest tone. Tim rather die again than do that.

Tim shares a look with Anna who beams at her. “Many apology Your Highness, I seem to not be able to greet you properly so early in the morning. Let me rectify that” Tim can feel how Stephanie trying so hard to hold her laughter. “I, Timoti Drake of Bristol, greets the King’s Second-in-command, Nightwing-”

“Stop! Stop!” Dick looks desperate and his maids look uncomfortable. Dick dismisses them and they run out as politely as possible. “Let’s just sit down”

Stephanie looks at her with her eyebrow raise and Tim smiles at her and winks.

“Yes, Your Highness” hmm, seeing Dick flinching or grimacing every time Tim says it is quite amusing.

Stephanie walks her to the table and pulls back a chair for her. Tim sits down with a nod and sets her hands on her lap. Dick is smiling at her and Tim smiles back. Which earns a beaming grin.

Dick gestures to Lily to serve them and she does so after a nod from Tim.

“So, my darling little sister, Wally told me that you have a prior engagement that can not be postponed when I sent him to fetch you for lunch yesterday?”

“Yes, that is correct Your Highness”

“What? You do not have time for your big brother anymore?”

“I apologize Your Highness”

“...I-I thought that you like having a meal with me? I am hurt that you declined my offer”

“I sincerely apologize Your Highness”

“.…”

“.…”

“Ah, looks like you have finish packing all your stuff for the journey”

“Yes, I have Your Highness”

“.…”

“.…”

Ugh, this is so awkward. Can Dick take a hint that I don’t want to talk to him?

Dick tries to make even more small talk while Tim continues with minimum answers. Dick seems to be uncomfortable. He is squirming and keeps makes an aborted movement to combs his hair with his finger. A nervous habit of his.

Good, be as nervous as possible. You will only ignore me again after this. The sooner you decided to leave me alone the better.

He is about to make another small talk when a messenger arrives and announces the arrival of one Sir Bartholomew Allen of Central.

Dick looks shocked. “Sir Bartholomew?” he chokes out.

Tim orders the messenger to bring him in and a couple of seconds later a familiar red hair pokes in.

Bart saw Dick in the room and starts to greet both Royals. He also greets Stephanie which makes the blond's eyes widen. No one really bothers to greet Steph unless they see Tim wants them to. Steph’s considered a commoner so no one really feels the need to greet her. But Bart does because he knows how it is to be disrespected by society even though they have done nothing to deserve it.

“Sir Bart, come join us” Tim gestures to her side. One of the servants -Fauz- brings a chair immediately. “Have you eaten yet? There is still plenty left, I could have Lily make you a plate”

“Ah, it’s fine I have eaten Your Highness,” Bart says after sitting down. “I hope that I have not disturbed Your Highnesses”

Before Dick can answer, Tim cuts him. “No, not at all. I just need to finish my tea and we can leave for Queen immediately” Tim takes a sip of her tea and watches from the corner of her eyes how Stephanie silently orders Miriam and Saya to ready the carriage.

“I am glad that I did not arrive late. I was afraid that I have arrived late and have the Princess waiting for me. We, Allens, are notorious for being late after all.” he hisses at the end.

Tim laughs at that “For a family whose slogan is ut ieiunium ut ventum, the Allens did have the reputation for being tardy”

“Well, it’s a family trait, Your Highness”

Dick is silently observing the exchange before he decides to chime in. “Sir Bart is it? My Aide, Wally’s cousin right? The one who came out of nowhere” Dick is smiling but he is anything but friendly.

The deliberate use of a nickname to establish superiority. The mentioning of Sir Wally’s status to declare his alliances. And the last comment to show his disdain.

Tim grips the handle of her teacup tightly. Her mouth pulls back into a thin line. Dick is really getting in her nerve this morning. Did he really think that she will just sit down and stay quiet on his rudeness?

Who is she kidding? Of course, he did.

“I must warn you, Crown Prince. Sir Bart is my guest. Anything you do that displeases him will displease me.” she uses her Drake Voice that sends cold air into the room.

Dick looks at her in shock. His eyes widen, his mouth gapes open, and the voice coming out of it is strangled. This might be the first time Tim defends other people in the presence of a Wayne. This is the first time she chooses other people over a Wayne.

Tim puts down her teacup and sits up. “Well, as delightful as this is, Sir Bart and I must depart soon so we will be able to arrive at Queen on time. I would like to excuse Sir Bart and I” Tim offers her goodbye follow by Bart’s and Stephanie’s.

Dick is still on the chair during the greeting but quickly runs to catch up to Tim. “What do you mean ‘Sir Bart and I?’ You are going to the Ball with him?”

Tim not pausing her strides turns to look at Dick. “Yes, Sir Bart has agreed to be my escort, so he will be coming with me to the Queen Empire,” Tim says slowly as if she was explaining it to a child.

“What do you mean escort? I thought I was your escort! You asked me and I said yes!”

What?

“Pardon?”

“You asked me if I would like to be your escort for this Ball and I said yes! You can not just bail on me and leave with him!” he points at Bart “What are you even thinking asking him? He is a vassal of an Earl! He is not suitable for you!”

Did this asshole really just?

“Your Highness, you sent Sir Wally a couple of days ago to send me your deepest apology because His Highness can not attend the Ball to be my escort because His Highness has other matter to attend to” Tim does not shout but it is a near thing.

The Prince scoffs “I changed my mind” He gives Tim his broadest smile. “Besides I know that you really wanted to go to this Ball with me. So you can not ditch me! I have to bail on Kori for this!”

Absolute asshole.

“First of all Your Highness, Sir Bart comes from a reputable family that has served the Royal Family for generations. A family of an Earl is still an acceptable choice for an escort for the Second Princess. Second, Your Highness has sent his aide to come and rely his intention on retracting his agreement to be an escort. Manners dictate that the deal is broken so I could not possibly bring His Highness to the Ball after that.

“And lastly” Tim takes a deep breath “I change my mind, I don’t want you for my escort”

With that Tim enters the carriage with Stephanie’s help.


“Oh my God!! Did you see his face when you said that!!??” Stephanie says out loud after they are far away from the Palace. “You were all ‘I don’t need you, you asshole’… and he was all” Stephanie mimes a fish out of the water before bursting into quiet giggles.

Tim can not hide her own amusement because yes, she did see Dick’s face when she said that. It was glorious.

Even though both Steph and Tim are amused, Bart just looks like death would come over. His complexion turned even more pale and pale. Tim glances at Stephanie who also realizes that their companion did not share the same amusement.

“Is there anything wrong, Sir Bart?”

“Anything... Is there anything wrong?” He raises his voice in a shrill “that! That was the First Prince! The Crown Prince! The Future King! And we just.. he was…”

Tim never would have thought that someone can turn even paler. “Oh my God… Am I going to die? I am going to be executed for offending the Crown Prince!”

“No, Sir Bart, of cour-”

“NO, YOU WON’T!!!”

Stephanie jumps from her seat and Bart leans back so quickly his head knocks into the wall of the carriage. Tim feels her heartbeat increasing, hammering painfully against her chest. She gasps when suddenly breathing becomes difficult. Steph immediately barks out an order to stop the carriage.

When it completely stops, Tim rushes to open the door and ran out before the couch man could even ask what’s wrong.

“Princes!!”

“Tim!!”

Tim can hear both her best friend scrambling out of the carriage. Tim kneels down on the dirt and can feel arms surrounding her, supporting her so she will not fall over.

She wants to reassure everyone she was fine but does not think she is. She felt horrible. There is a tightness surrounding her chest making every breath painful. She feels her eyes water and everything feels hazy.

Distantly, there was a sound calling her name over and over. There was even a feeling of someone shaking her. Everything feels like it is falling apart and the whole world narrows into one point.

She is busy trying to control herself when there is a sudden red burst into her peripheral vision.

She looks up and sees Bart trying to couch her to breathe.

His mouth was moving but there was no sound.

Tim raises her hand and places it right at the top of Bart’s chest. It startles the red-haired into closing his mouth. Tim can feel the warmth of her friend’s body and there was a steady beating under her hand.

He’s alive

Tim closes her fingers around the fabric of Bart’s shirt. He’s still alive.

There is a hand suddenly stroking her cheek and Tim feels the warm and wet feeling. When did she start crying?

“Princess? Are-are you okay?” And it was Bart’s voice. “Is there-is there something that I said that upset you? I-I apologize beforehand if I-if I-”

Tim brings her other hand to cup Bart’s cheek. His eyes widen and he makes a small choking noise.

She stares at the light brown eyes of her best friend and says, “You-you are not going to die… Bart, promise me you are not going to die” She knows her way of speaking is informal and inappropriate. But she needs the reassurance that she won’t wake up one-morning hearing that one of her best friends died.

“Princess, wh-what are you-”

“Please, promise me you will not leave me and die Bart” Tim’s hand is on Bart’s shirt desperately gripping the material like a lifeline. “Please… Bart” her voice breaks at the end and new tears streaming.

Bart stares at her for a moment before covering the hand on his chest with his and bringing the one on his cheek to his lips.

“I promise” the words are whispers softly against her knuckles and the world starts to get wide.

Notes:

Aaaah, I don't know about you guys but I am very satisfied writing the last part with Dick ahahahaha... Tim's panic attack scene is me projecting my own into her, the part where the world feels as if it is narrowed to one point, that's how I always feel when I have a very bad episode.... I am mildly claustrophobic, so whenever I have a bad panic attack it becomes ten times worst because everything seems smaller.

Btw, I am moving to another city within the next two weeks. Since I still don't know exactly the date of when I can move, because I still have some things to take care of here, and I will drive my self which takes around two days, I am not sure if I will have time to sit down and post new chapters for the next two weeks, so... I probably post two chapters whenever I have the time next week or the next two. I'll try to make it a Tuesday as usual but if I am late in posting you will know why ahahhaha

Chapter 13: Side Chapter: Wallace Rudolph "Wally" West

Summary:

For the most part, Wally is successful to be the moral anchor of the Crown Prince even though he can not change Dick. Though there is just one thing that Wally wishes he can help change completely from the Prince. His Master’s attitude towards the Second Princess.

To put things simply, Dick treats her like shit.

Notes:

Heey, sorry for the delay, everything just got too hectic and my landlord is being a bit difficult hahaha... anyway, I am in the middle of packing so I have a little free time to post! I promised to post two chapters so here they are! They are side chapters though lol if you are waiting for the ball scene, you may have to wait a little longer ;)

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

Wally was born from a long line of Knights.

His parents were the most famous knights of the Central Knights Order. Both of them were the hero who fought alongside the former Earl Henry Allen of Central. They were the ones who had helped the Earl in battles and attacks against Central Earldom during the absence of King Bruce.

They were Gotham's heroes. They were Wally's heroes.

But they died during the Battle of Winter. One of the most brutal and longest battles Gotham has ever faced. It was three years of constant battle, something that was quite terrifying considering Gotham Knights always win battles under one year.

The battle ended when his parents sacrificed their life so that King Bruce and his troops could retreat, recuperated, and re-entered the battlefield with a new strategy.

They were given the title Royal Paladin. The highest rank a knight could ever get.

Wally swore on their grave that he will become the greatest knight in Gotham. That he will follow their footstep and protect the legacy they left behind.

That is why Wally refuses Earl Barry's offer to name him Heir when the Earl and Aunt Iris adopted him.

If he becomes the Earl when Earl Barry dies then he can not continue to become a knight. He has to retire and Wally does not want it. So, instead, he takes on the offer to become Dick’s personal knight and aide instead.

Like how his parents die protecting the King, Wally will also lay his life protecting the Future King.

But Dick is a capable knight in his own right. He rarely needs help when it comes to protecting himself against the assassins sent to kill the Crown Prince. Wally still tries his best to be the most capable personal knight, though more often than not he does not need to do anything because the Crown Prince will just get himself out of trouble.

It is disappointing, really, to not be able to do much.

He even complained about it once to Lady Artemis of Bana-Mighdall, Prince Jason's personal knight. The looked on her face when Wally told her how he felt was something he never would forget. And the insult said to his face.

“You are a fool if you think that the job of a personal knight is only saving the life of their Master,” she said while polishing her axe (which was an odd choice for a knight, but she said it was a weapon of the Gods) “All the Waynes are capable fighters, they could save themselves just fine. Remember Sir Wally, we are not only the extension of their sword, but we are also their morale anchor”

At that time Wally did not understand what she had said, but with time he does.

And how does he realize it? When he opened up Dick’s room to Dick shoving down his tongue down someone else’s throat.

And it should not be a problem really. Commander Gordon once told him to avert his eyes when something unsavory happens in the Royal’s private chamber.

No, it was a problem because Dick was engaged with Lady Barbara Gordon at the time and the girl whose face Dick tried to eat was not her.

When they were still in the academy, Wally knew how popular Dick was. He would see the Prince making out with people now and then. But that was okay because he was not engaged when he was still in the academy.

Not only that he was a big flirt and a serial cheater, but Dick also has this bad habit of forcing things to go his way. If he wants something a certain way, he will force it to be. No matter if it is not feasible.

Dick has the intelligence, charisma, and willpower to make everything bend into his wants.

It may not be a good quality to have for a King. So, Wally tries to at least minimize the selfish act and guides Dick’s stubbornness to other things.

For the most part, Wally is successful to be the moral anchor of the Crown Prince even though he can not change Dick. Though there is just one thing that Wally wishes he can help change completely from the Prince. His Master’s attitude towards the Second Princess.

To put things simply, Dick treats her like shit.

The knight does not doubt for one second that Dick doesn't love the Princess. He does. However, the thing about Dick is that he often took things for granted.

The Princess’ affection is a sure thing. Dick does not need to fight for it. And even if he does not put effort to maintain it, it will always be there.

The Princess loves deeply and honestly that Dick believes that the Princess will never leave his side ever. The one constant in his life. It becomes the Prince’s way to make sure that everything in his life is fine and that he still has everything under control.

Because when everything goes sideways, you want to search for the one thing that remains.

Wally has tried to tell Dick over and over about how he should treat the Princess with respect and love and the same attentiveness he has on his other siblings. But Dick keeps telling him that he loves the Princess and he will try to be better.

He will then invite the Princess over for tea and spend time for a couple of days before leaving again to do other things. (When Prince Jason came back and when Prince Damian first arrive, Dick was so busy trying to form a relationship with those two. He wants them as brothers, and when those two refuse at first, Dick becomes this stubborn asshole who keeps on pestering the two to spend time with him).

“You know, there will be a day where the Princess realizes that she is tired of your constant ignorance of her existence. When that comes, she will surely decide to stop prying for your attention” Wally has told him when Dick decided to visit Princess Koriand’r instead of visiting the Princess who was poisoned.

“Tim loves me! There is no way that would happen!” Dick dismissed “Now if I don’t do something extra for Kori then she will ignore me again! So let us go to the boutique and buy her a present!”

Wally wishes he tried convincing Dick harder because when he comes to the Princess’ study to tell her that Dick is being an asshole and bails on her again, the Princess is not sad.

Instead of a downcast look full of unshed tears, she only smiles politely at him and continues writing.

Wally is taken aback, he does not leave immediately. Did that really just happen?

Usually, the Princess will look sad and Wally will leave the room feeling guilty over it. But it does not happen this time. There is not even a hint of sadness in her eyes, maybe a little bit of annoyance. Which is new.

When she catches Wally staring, with a very monotone voice she asks, “Yes, Sir Wally? Is there anything else I can help you with?” like the news Wally gives is not something worth crying over.

He has offered to be the messenger for Her Highness. Wally has a sinking feeling that something bad will happen. That this is the end of something. That at this moment, Dick is not in the priority of the Princess’ attention.

He is proven right when the Princess replies “No, I don’t have any message for the Crown Prince. If there is nothing else Sir Wally, I still have some work to do” and dismisses him with a wave of her hand.

That night during dinner, Dick asks him about how the Princess took the news and what message did she left him.

Wally looks at the expression of glee in his friend’s eyes. Dick is happy when he knows Princess Timoti was sad about not meeting him. Because if she’s sad then it means she loves him. Wally has given up trying to convince his friend that is not how it is supposed to go. But seriously, trying to convince Dick of something is like pulling teeth. He will only look at you like you have lost your mind.

This time he has bailed on Princess Timoti the moment an escort request from Princess Koriand’r arrived. (Princess Koriand’r was not at fault, Wally muses, Dick should have declined and said he was already an escort for the Second Princess. He believes the foreign Princess will understand).

For some reason, Wally does not feel pity for the Prince.

“Ah, yes she took it gracefully, Your Highness”

Dick looks at him puzzled. Like Wally is talking to him in gibberish. Well, he supposes this is the first time the Second Princess act indifferent to her brother’s rejection.

“What do you mean by that? Did she cry? Was she sad that I was not able to accompany her?” the Crown Prince demands.

“What I mean sir is that the Second Princess has taken to the news of your cancellation with an open heart. She did not seem upset with the news”

“What? No way! You are lying! She was always sad when she can not see me”

“Why would I be lying, Your Grace? The Princess was not upset with the news”

Dick gapes at him then huffs, “Well, at least tell me what message did she left you”

“None, Your Highness”

Dick stops mid-motion of grabbing his cup. He turns to look at Wally again in disbelief and Wally has to repeat his answer.

“There is no way she did not say anything! You might not hear her! She must… she must have said something!” Dick looks on the verge of panic. Wally can not blame him. The one constant in his life may leave him to fend for himself.

When Wally does not reply. Dick mumbles about how it ‘was not possible for Tim to not be sad and not said anything'. Dick mumbles out a justification that sounds ridiculous the more Wally hears about it.

“Dick” Wally starts. Using the Prince’s nickname always meant Wally is being serious. “I warned you about this. One day she will wake up and decide she is done begging for a scrap of your attention”

Wally can see the recognition in Dick’s eyes but since stubborn runs through his Master’s vein, Dick dismissess the thought and starts to mumble out a plan to win the Second Princess back.

Wally does not say his disappointment. He only hopes that there is still a chance to fix this before Dick spiral further.

Hmm, even so, I don’t think this could be fixed. Dick, you might have missed your chance to ever fix this.

Wally’s prediction is proven correct when he finds out that the Second Princess chose Bart as an escort and completely blows Dick off.

Notes:

Like I have mentioned before I love Wally, he's one of my favorite dc characters<3 but I have to make him a little bit of an asshole here for plot :( since he is Dick's aide and a knight he kinda becomes Dick's enabler, he is trained to look the other way if his Master is doing something. So most of the time, when Tim looks sad because Dick ignored her, Wally just turns away and pretends he does not see it.

Chapter 14: Side Chapter: Stephanie "Steph" Brown

Notes:

Here is another side chapter! I don't know Steph's middle name, and I don't think they ever gave her one.. it makes me realized that most characters don't have middle name so there will be side chapters without middle names :(

Chapter Text

Steph has been friends with Tim since she was 5 and Tim was 4. Her mother was a Baroness whose family was a family of physicians. A long time ago the First Baron Brown discovers a medicine that helped end a plague that haunted Bristol. The King of Gotham at that time gifted the title Baron and the Grand Duke of Bristol has claimed the Brown family to be their physician.

A treaty was signed and every child born in the family must become a physician serving the Drake household.

Well, every child of Brown except for Stephanie.

When she was supposed to start her training as a physician, Stephanie would often run away to see the Knight of Bristol train. She would secretly observed them and copied the moves. She used long sticks to mimic swords and used trees as a dummy.

She was never fond of the idea of being a physician. All they did is read books and brew medicine. They would sometimes tend to people who were ill but it was far in between each visit from ill people.

Most of the time they would do experiments to perfect new medicine but it required them to sit at their desk for hours on end. Steph always saw her mother sitting on her desk researching and brewing medicine. She always thought it was boring.

So she always tried to sneak out and practiced her sword skills.

One day, some older children saw her and tried to attack her. She fought back and won. She did not realize that at that time the Grand Duchess and her mother were watching her.

Her mother obviously got mad and berated her for fighting back. Steph in turn told her her reasoning. She had to fight back, she had to show the other kids that they can not just mess with her.

“What are you trying to accomplish?” Grand Duchess Janet had asked looking at her with calculating eyes that Tim sometimes has.

It was terrifying to be seen with those cold eyes.

Her mother said that Grand Duchess Janet saw potential at her, apparently impressed with her answer, and appointed her as Tim’s Lady-in-waiting. By the Grand Duchess’ order, she was taught how to fight. Not as a knight, but as a warrior.

She knew how to fight using proper weapons like swords, knives, maces, and such. She also knew how to fight dirty using whatever in her surrounding as a makeshift weapon. She knew how to gather intel from those who are willing to share and how to extract it from someone unwilling. She knew how to infiltrate a building and how to ride a horse. She was also given lessons on etiquette and other things. She was also given a higher education. All so that she could be the perfect Lady-in-waiting for Tim.

Steph never minded the lessons. It was more fun than becoming a physician. Though there was a couple of boring lessons like the knitting lesson, piano lesson, and polite conversation lesson. But other lessons made up for it; like cooking and dancing.

“When a Lady-in-waiting has achieved greatness then her Lady becomes untouchable. If a Lady-in-waiting is someone everyone fears then no one would dare cross her Lady. Use your accomplishment to make Timoti the brightest gem in the Kingdom, Stephanie”  

Grand Duchess Janet used to tell her that even though Steph did not really understand it at first.

Even though their real relationship is a Lady and her Lady-in-waiting (which is just a glorified maid), they had been through so much together that they considered each other as best friends.

(Sisters even, but they never dare say it out loud)

Steph was there for Tim when Grand Duchess Janet and Grand Duke Jack died. She was the one who holds Tim’s hands at night and the one who stood beside her at the funeral.

In return, Tim was there when Steph’s father got caught after a heist went sideways. Tim was also there for her when everyone started to treat her like shit when her household’s name was ruined. Even when Steph became a commoner, Tim still keeps her as her Lady-in-waiting.

There were so many other bad things they had faced together. They saved each other, they became each other's anchors, and they are always there.

All of those twelve years knowing each other never had she seen Tim in a panic. Well, at least never in public. Never when there were other people who could see them.

She was the most composed person Steph ever knew. Even when she was humiliated by Prince Jason and Prince Damian in front of the whole court, she could still pull herself together in a semblance of calm.

Her eyes might water a bit, her eyes migh be downcast, but she never yelled back. She never broke down gasping for air. She never desperately clutch at someone else, begging in a voice so broken it left a void in Steph’s chest.

Tim was never like that.


And when Steph thinks more about it, there is something strange with her best friend.

She glances sideways, seeing how Tim has leaned her head, and closes her eyes. The moment she is calm enough, it is as if her string is cut off. After saying that she is going to rest her eyes, Steph can hear the little puffs of breath that signal Tim is asleep.

Tim looks peaceful like this. But there are still a few traces of tears at the corner of her eyes so Steph slowly wipes it away.

“Is the Princess alright?” Sir Bartholomew whispers.

Steph stares at the peaceful face for a couple of seconds before turning back to the man. “Sir Bartholomew, it is in your best interest to never speak of what happened to anyone else. I am confident that the couch man, knights, and maids with us will never breathe out a word of it but you are an outsider. I need you to understand that I will not stand for other people besmirching my Lady’s good name” she glares at him making sure her warning is clear.

If push comes to shove, Steph is not above using underhanded measures to protect Tim’s reputation. She has promised to help Tim after all.

Sir Bartholomew looks offended before answering with a cold tone, “I assure you, Lady Brown, that I have no interest in damaging the Princess’ reputation. Do not worry for I will keep this incident close to my heart”

Steph still does not believe him.

“I swear on my name that I will rather die than be one of the reasons for the Princess’ humiliation” his eyes shone with determination. “I must say that your implication that I will simply betray the Princess is not charming”

“I apologize if it feels accusatory, Sir. But I  am only doing my job as My Lady’s most trusted person. My Lady has many people that will gladly turn their back on her the moment an opportunity present itself” she explains “It is always wise to be careful with acquaintances

Sir Bartholomew glares at her. He is clearly angry but can not act on it out of common courtesy and consideration to Tim who’s sleeping.

Steph does not understand why Tim is suddenly crying and begging for someone she only met in person once. Sir Bartholomew is someone they knew because of the gossip surrounding him that they overheard during social functions.

To say that Steph was shocked to find Tim grasping at this man's shirt like a lifeline while her face is full of grief is an understatement.

From a political point of view, making an alliance with Sir Bartholomew is of no benefit.

He may be the Vassal and Heir of Earl Barry, but he does not have a strong faction. The Ives on the other hand, only being a Viscount has strong support from other noble families and the people of Odessa County.

Making them Tim’s ally is a very smart move to ensure power in the Second Princess’ name.

With Sir Bartholomew, it was the opposite.

Tim will be the one supporting him not the other way around. And Steph will be damned if this man suddenly decided to turn against Tim. She will protect her Princess and making sure that her ally will not betray her is one way of doing it.

Sir Bartholomew holds his glare before shifting his eyes to Tim and the tenseness of his shoulder disappears. The line of his face softens and a small smile appears on his face.

“I am quite aware of the unsavory rumor surrounding my name. And I am aware of the lack of power my title and claim hold in society. So, I do understand your wariness Lady Brown” his eyes shift to the blond once again. “However, I assure you that I will never betray the Second Princess. She is the only one other than my family to ever acknowledge my claim over the title of Earl. She is the very first person to ever reach out to me and invites me to attend a Ball.

“I understand how much of a good fortune it is to be on the Second Princess’ good grace and I will not take it for granted.”

“Words have no value unless actions are taken. I can not possibly believe your words when you have offered nothing to prove it”

“I will gladly rectify it if it will please Lady Brown” he answers “I will give Her Highness my word when she wakes up. If need be I will be her sword and her shield. I will protect the Princess with my life”

The determination in his eyes makes Steph incline to believe him.

Whatever compels Tim to make a connection with Sir Bartholomew, Stephanie will try to believe that it is good. It probably ties into the strangeness surrounding Tim after she recovered. Tim has not told her anything, pretending everything is normal. Steph believes that Tim has her own reason and when the time comes she will tell Steph. So, for now, Steph will support everything Tim does. If she wants to trust this man, Steph will too.

She studies the man sitting in front of her for a moment before nodding “I will believe your intention, for now, Sir Bartholomew. I will put my faith in your desire to help the Second Princess”

She extends her hand for him to shake, “I will trust you will help me in making our Lady indomitable”

Sir Bartholomew grabs her handshakes it twice, nodding at her, and gives her his promise.

“Good. There are so many things you need to know Sir Bartholomew. Her enemies, her allies, her situation in the Palace. I have my own plan in motion to ensure that the Princess gains power to her name. If you really want to protect the Princess, I trust you will never reveal what I will tell you to anyone”

“I will not, I swear on my name”

Steph then orders the couch man to close the small windows that connect the carriage and the couch man seat. After they have received their privacy, Steph starts to tell Sir Bartholomew everything. Starting from the way the Waynes treats Tim.

From the anger radiating in Sir Bartholomew’s eyes, Steph becomes sure that this person is someone she could trust.

“What are you trying to accomplish?”

“Greatness” 

Chapter 15: Chapter 11: The Belle of the Ball

Summary:

Princess Timoti Drake-Wayne never brings someone else to a party. It will always be either with Jason or Dick.

But now with Bart beside her, everyone can not help but stare at them.

Notes:

....so I didn't realize that yesterday was Tuesday and I was supposed to post a new chapter. I am still trying to adjust to my new place and I had a lot to do that I forgot what day today is until someone mentioned that tomorrow is Thursday hahaha so, here is the new chapter! So sorry for the delay!!

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

They arrive just before lunchtime the next day. Tim feels her whole body ache after spending almost 30 hours sitting inside a carriage. She feels like if she sees another carriage it will be too soon.

(Though she will need the carriage to go back to Gotham. She was just trying to be dramatic)

While her body's aches is a bad thing that happens to her today, a good thing also happens.

For some reason, Steph and Bart become friends. As in they like each other. As in they talk to each other. And not the polite conversation society demands, but a more casual shares by close friends.

Steph even calls Bart, Sir Bart! And Bart calls her, Lady Stephanie!

Tim does not know how that happened. Yesterday after her break down, she slept until lunch where they stopped and had it at one of the restaurants at the edge of Gotham. Both Steph and Bart looked friendly but still have a little bit of wariness between them.

Then they spent the rest of yesterday talking. The three of them talked about anything and everything that came up. But even then it was mainly Tim speaking about her plan for the future. She talked about her letter with Lady Samantha and Viscount Ives. She talked about the result of Anna and Lily’s investigation. She even talked about her plan on picking an aide.

Both Steph and Bart were so focus on her story that she did not realize she dominated the conversation. But they did not seem to mind.

They rest at an inn for the night and when they finish their breakfast in the morning, the two of them become closer than before.

Not that Tim isn’t happy that her two best friends become close. It is just so out of the blue. Tim does not know how it happened and she hates not knowing. Besides, in the past, the two of them were not close.

Steph and Bart knew of each other but they never really become close friends. Steph was never with Tim when she met with Bart because she sneaked out to meet him. And there was just never time to make them closer since in a year time Steph got executed.

So, yeah Tim’s glad they become close. This may become a good thing. With the three of them becoming allies and supporting each other, they may be able to prevent Bart and Steph's death.

Yes, this was in the plan, Tim. Make the two of them close

But still.

Curiosity kills the cat they say. Tim is really curious. She may pry the answer out of Bart one day. She does not try to hope she can pry it out of Steph. She can be stubborn when it comes to secrets. Steph never tells a secret someone gave her unless it will hurt Tim. That is what makes her the best.

When they arrive at the Imperial Palace, Princess Mia and Prince Roy of Queen greet them.

It has been so long since Tim saw Prince Roy.

He is the First Prince of Queen Empire but is not the blood son of Emperor Oliver. So he can not become the Crown Prince even if he is suitable for the role. The role is given to Crown Prince Connor, the Second Prince, and the Son of Emperor Oliver from a Concubine.

Because of the freedom of not having to take on the title of Emperor, Prince Roy lived a rather free life. He has had several scandals on his name in the past and the most infamous one is having a child out of marriage.

The whole Empire was in an uproar upon finding out even though the Emperor and Empress seemed able to come to terms with it.

Story from the grapevine even says that the Emperor dotes on his granddaughter so much that she was granted the Imperial title: Princess Lian of Harper and build a new castle for her. Something that should have never happened if he does not love his granddaughter.

As if realizing the bad things that he has done from the past after becoming a father, Prince Roy is trying to do better in the past years. He becomes a better member of the Imperial family. He slowly gains a positive reputation among the people of Queen.

And unlike Princess Mia who is close to Tim, he is close with both Dick and Jason. So, Tim is a little surprised to see him welcoming her.

In the past only Princess Mia greeted her. But now both of them were standing in front of her. Is this because I change the outcome of the poisoning incident? Tim muses.

“Greetings to the Arrows of Star” Tim starts “Roy, Prince Harper, and Mia, Princess Dearden. May your name prosper”

Tim can hear Stephanie, Bart, and her staff repeating her greeting. Tim hopes she has greeted them right. With how different the Queen’s order of title is from the Wayne’s, Tim is slightly nervous that she gets the order mixed up.

Both of them only smile so Tim feels like she has done it correctly.

 “I, Roy, Prince Harper, greets the Second Princess of Gotham, Her Royal Highness Timoti Drake-Wayne” Prince Roy bows down slowly reciting Tim’s title.

Looks like she is not the only one wary of misspeaking.

 “I, Mia, Princess Dearden, greets the Second Princess of Gotham, Her Royal Highness Timoti Drake-Wayne” Princess Mia follows suit.

“Prince Roy, Princess Mia, it is a pleasure to see you both again” Tim starts.

“Yes, Princess Timoti. It is a pleasure for us as well” Princess Mia replies, smiling brightly at her. “I am glad that you have reached Queen safely. I must thank you for coming all the way from Gotham to attend my Ball”

All around them, the staff starts to move to unload their luggage. “Of course it is my pleasure to attend a Ball hosted by Princess Dearden herself. “ she smiles.

Tim sees how both Queens’ eyes flit in the direction of Bart with interest. They have known Steph since she is Tim’s Lady-in-waiting. But Bart is a new face.

Besides Tim is famously known to attend social functions with only her elder brothers. Suddenly coming with someone else might be surprising.

“Your Highnesses, may I introduce you to my escort for tonight’s Ball?” Tim gestures Bart to come closer “This is Sir Bartholomew Allen, Vassals to Earl Allen and Heir to Central Earldom”

Bart straightens at his introduction and greets the two-member of the Imperial family more formally.

Both the Princess and the Prince can not contain their shock when Tim has said the word escort. Understandable but does it really warrant that level of shock?

“I’m sorry… did you just say escort?” Prince Roy asks tone full of disbelieve.

“Yes, I did”

“What? Did-did Dick and Jason declined your offer to escort you?” he asks before snorting “who am I kidding of course they do. No, what makes me curious is why you come with someone else? Your Highness never bothers to attend without Prince Richard or Prince Jason’s company”

“Roy!!” Mia elbows her brother.

“What it’s true!”

“But you should not say it out loud!” Princess Mia glares at him before giving Tim and Bart the most apologetic look “I am so sorry for Prince Harper’s rudeness. We should not have question things that are too personal in public spaces”

“It is quite alright”

“Still please accept the apology, Your Highness. It will not be good to the Queen’s name if word got out about our rude welcome”

Tim offers small giggles and accepts the apology.

“Right, well then. Your accommodation has been prepared, Your Highness. We have rooms for you and your companions. We hope that your stay at Queen Imperial Palace will be enjoyable”

Both Queens walk them inside the Palace and go straight to the guest wing. They explain the layout a little bit for Bart who never went there before saying their goodbye.

Tim replies and bows.

When the Imperial family disappears at a corner, Tim turns to look at Bart. “Be prepare Sir Bart, before long the news of you becoming my Royal Escort will be spread. I have never brought anyone aside from my brothers to parties so be prepared to have all eyes on you”

There is fear reflected in Bart’s eyes. He is nervous because he never went to parties before this one. And First time attending a Ball was always nerve-wracking. To attend a Ball with you being the center of attention? Terrifying.

Trust her she knows.

When Tim thinks that she has to offers more words of reassurance, Sir Bart glances at Steph who nods, and suddenly the fear melted a little into determination. His posture straightens up and he looks sure.

“I swear to you Princess, that I will not humiliate you in front of other people” he starts, “I swear that I will be loyal to you and follow you always. I will protect your reputation and your virtue. I will become your sword and shield in society. I will be on my best behavior so it will reflect onto you and I will make sure everyone will see only your perfection”

Bart takes her hands and kisses her knuckles. “I swear on my name”

Tim is not sure why she always receive oath in weird circumstances and odd places. But she is not complaining.


Tim’s prediction is proven correct when everyone in attendance gape at both Tim and Bart. The footman who announced her arrival is also in shock when he read the second name in Tim’s card.

Princess Timoti Drake-Wayne never brings someone else to a party. It will always be either with Jason or Dick.

But now with Bart beside her, everyone can not help but stare at them.

She can feel Bart tenses up beside her. Though he does a pretty good job pretending to not be bothered by the stares. Tim squeezes his arm in reassurance and Bart looks down at her. She smiles at him before whispering, “It’s going to be fine Sir Bart. You are doing great so far”

Bart smiles back at her, leans forward a little, and whispers at her ears, “Is it normal to feel this nervous? I feel there is a bunch of butterflies in my stomach”

Tim giggles at the odd phrasing, feeling glad that Bart is confident enough to speak in his weirdly charming way.

“Well, I do not know about butterfly but I do know how absolutely terrifying it is to be on your first Ball”

“Yes, and all the stares and whispering do not help”

“Well, we are whispering as well Sir Bart. I think we can not fault them on that”

Bart laughs at that and the whispering around them becomes louder. Everyone trying to speculate on the nature of the relationship between Tim and Bart. Some of the Gotham-born nobles have no doubt fan the flame by bringing their own insight. The gossip spread around Gotham nobles is “Princess Timoti finally decides to look for candidates for a future spouse”

(They do not want to say that Tim is considering Bart as a spouse because then it will cement the fact that they do not have any chance to marry into the Royal Family).

Both of them are sure that at least one person will bring the story of Bart’s sudden appearance and question his origin.

“I hope that there will not be any bad rumor about you, Your Highness. I do not want to be the reason for someone besmirching your name”

Tim hides her scoff behind her hands, “I do not care what people are saying about me. As long as the people that I care about believe me then I am good. You should feel the same Sir Bart. Do not let other people talk you down. Be proud of who you are.

“You have to stand tall and ignore the whisper around you. They start bad rumors because they are afraid of who you’ll become. If you let them describe you then you will only lead yourself to ruin”

Tim holds Bart’s eyes then coupes his cheek, “Be proud of who you are Sir Bart, don’t let them steal your narrative. You are the one who will write down your story.”

Bart smiles and grabs Tim’s hand on his cheek, kisses the knuckles before putting it back on the crook of his arm. “Thank you, Princess”

And all the tenseness and apprehension left Bart’s shoulder. He becomes confident and more sure. When they went to greet the Emperor and Empress, he does not stutter or hesitate. He shows everyone in the room that he is as much noble as everyone else.

Tim can not feel more proud.

After they formally greet the Imperial Crown, they go around to greet the other member of the Queen Imperial Family. They greet the host of the Ball, Princess Mia who was standing with her personal knight Lady Cissie King-Jones. Tim and  Princess Mia are the only Princesses in the continent that are of the same age, so they maintain a close relationship.

They then greet Crown Prince Connor and the former Crown Princess Emiko who spotted them first and walk to greet them. Tim introduces Bart and the two Queens immediately start to ask questions. Both know Tim enough that they feel weird seeing Tim with someone who is not a Wayne.

Tim sees how Bart confidently answers each question, chiming in now and then.

The atmosphere is light, especially when Bart gets more comfortable and tells jokes that make even the former Crown Princess Emiko laughs. Then it changes when a familiar voice chimes in.

“Greetings to the Arrow of Star. Connor, Prince Hawke, and Emiko, Princess of Queen” Dick’s voice does not match the cold glare he sends Tim and Bart’s way. “May your name prosper”

Bart, noticing Tim’s discomfort, tightens his hold of Tim’s hand to reassure her that he is there with her. Tim steals a glance at the redhead to see his scowl while the three Royals exchange pleasantries.

“Tim, it is good to see you! Your Imperial Highnesses, may I steal my little sister for a while? There is something urgent I have to discuss” there is something in Dick’s eyes, desperate and almost manic. She knows for sure that she will not like whatever he is trying to talk about.

“Ah, Crown Prince Richard, the dance is about to start” Tim tries to give a smile but it looks more like a grimace, “This will be my first dance this season, I should probably-”

“Then, dance with me” Dick insists.

Sir Bart tenses, “That is quite bold to cut turns for the Princess’ first dance” he mutters soft enough to not be overheard by other people but loud enough to be heard by the four of them.

Dick’s eyes narrow at Bart, and there is some sort of heaviness in the atmosphere. Dick turns around to assess Bart, giving the redhead his best Bat-glare, “Sir Bart, I did not remember giving you permission to address me”

Tim is shocked when instead of apologizing Bart continues on, “Well, I think I should not worry about the proper etiquette to someone who’s trying to demand a dance instead of properly requesting one. One should practice what they intend to preach, I would say”

Dick’s face contorts into anger, his eyes burn and glimmer dangerously that Tim feels goosebumps on her skin.

“Crown Prince Richard, perhaps you would like some refreshment? You must be tired of the journey to Queen”

“Enough of your deflecting Tim” Dick turns his anger towards Tim, “I said I have something to discuss with you, now come” he reaches out to grab Tim’s hand but she swiftly steps back.

“I think Your Highness should remember his manner” Tim uses the Drake voice “You can not touch a lady without her permission.

The Crown Prince looks hurt for a couple of seconds before the anger burns into an inferno, “I am serious Tim, you bailed on me to come with this... guy, and you can not even spare a moment to tell me why?”

“Does the Crown Prince forgot? I have explained my reasoning, I shall not repeat it”

The desperate glean in his eyes is back and Dick moves forward but is blocked by Crown Prince Connor, “Ah, I think it is about time Princess Tim and I head to the dance floor” he smiles at Dick and gives a nod to former Crown Princess Emiko who nods back and leaves. “I have formally request for the Princess’ first dance, Your Highness”

“First dance? You? Tim is my sister! I get to be the one she dances with first!” Dick says loud enough that some nobles close to them begins to look their way.

“Yes, however, I have asked the Princess formally to a dance, and since I am the host and the Crown Prince of Queen Empire, wouldn’t it be rude for the representative of Gotham Royal Family to reject my request?”

Oh, if it is acceptable, Tim wants to hug Crown Prince Connor. Dick may be a little bit tempremental but even he knows not to offend one of the host of the ball. Thank you politics.

“Then, I shall ask for the generous Crown Prince of Queen, to give me a couple of minutes to talk with my sister before his dance” Dick grits his teeth.

Sir Bart seems to want to chime in but Tim immediately squeezes his hand and shakes her head. Being in the middle of an argument between the two Heir of two great kingdoms is not a good idea.

“The dance will not start without me, Your Highness, and I could see people are eager to start-”

“I am telling you Crown Prince Connor, it’s urgent. I am taking my sister now” Dick makes a move to grab Tim’s hand again but Crown Prince Connor intercepts once again. At this point, the nobles begin to really pay attention to their interaction. They starts to whisper while glancing at Tim and the two Crown Princes.

No, I don’t want a repeat of the past. Please, I don’t want to be humiliated once again

Crown Prince Connor gestures at the young nobles ready for the first dance, “Surely, the Heir of the Bat will not let the people wait for too long?”

“Listen here, Hawke-”

“Prince Dick!” a fake cheery voice interrupts whatever threat Dick wants to say. Prince Roy speed walks in their direction, the former Crown Princess Emiko behind him. “It is nice to see you, my old friend! How long has it been? Five months? The last time we saw each other was during the Spring Festival!”

“Roy-”

Prince Roy slings his arms around Dick’s shoulder and forcefully steers Dick away from them, “We need to catch up! Let’s talk in my private room! There are lots for us to talk about!”

Dick begins to protest but Prince Roy holds on tighter.

Crown Prince Connor then takes Tim’s hand and hurriedly leads Tim to the dance floor in the opposite direction of where Prince Roy is leading Dick. Tim can not help the relieved sigh coming out of her mouth.

“I apologize for my boldness, Your Highness but I can not think of another way to... de-escalate the situation” The Crown Prince leads Tim around the dance floor with perfect ease.

“It is quite alright, Your Highness” Tim takes her position and bows. When they press together close, Tim angles her head and whispers, “Thank you”

The Crown Prince only offers a small smile but fortunately does not ask for an explanation of Dick’s behavior. This is why everyone loves the Crown Prince, he is so considerate and kind. Tim smiles in return.

They sway and twirl and dance around the dance floor with perfect synchronization. Every eye turns to them, seeing how the Crown Prince of Queen dancing beautifully with the Second Princess of Gotham. The arguments a mere minutes ago are forgotten as they are mesmerized by the dance.

Tim is sure the old rumor between them is resurfacing.

A long time ago there was a talk between Grand Duchess Janet and Empress Dinah about the possibility of tying the Imperial Family with the Drakes through marriage.

Empress Dinah is actually a descendant of Drake lineage. A long distant cousin of her Mother whose great-great-grandfather married into a noble family in Queen Empire. The marriage will hopefully bring the Royal Family of Gotham closer to the Queen Imperial Family. Since at that time -even now still, actually- the King of Gotham and the Emperor of Queen shares a petty feud that began when they attended school together. Even though no one knows the cause.

(Their children, however, are friendly with each other much to their dismay)

The Emperor and the King can not under any circumstances be in the same room unless it was a meeting of The League, the council of Kingdoms Association of the Continent of Justice. (Even then they have to be seated as far away as possible and with Princess Diana of Themyscira in attendance)

The marriage talks fell through when the Grand Duchess died and Tim got adopted by the Waynes. (King Bruce will be damned if a Wayne ended up being a Queen, so they never talk about marriage again).

Tim actually likes Crown Prince Connor, but it is not romantic. Crown Prince Connor is the nicest person Tim has ever meet. He is the most patient and the wisest. When they first met when Tim was six, he gave Tim his portion of the chocolate cake after Tim was told to not eat anymore by her Mother.

She knew she was eating too much but she loves chocolate cake so much she wants to eat all of it.

Tim remembers trying so hard not to cry. She then sees the Crown Prince transferred his cake into her plate and winked at her. Whispers and secrets were exchanged and Tim cherished the memory forever.

There were times where Tim imagines her Mother still alive and the marriage was actually finalized. She may not be in love with Crown Prince Connor but she knows that given time she can learn how. With his kindness, Tim is sure they can live a happy life.

(And the fact that Crown Prince Connor is very handsome also helps)

But now Tim hopes that they will be no talk about how they seem to be good for each other because Tim already has someone she loves more than anyone in the world.

KronPrinz Kon-El. Conner Kent. Kon.

She felt for him hard and fast that it is sometimes frightening when she thinks about it.

In the past, it was not until she was 16 when she first met Conner. During her birthday party where every Royal family in the continent was expected to come. The first time they met was not a good memory but over time they became close friends and then fall in love with each other.

Conner was planning on asking Bruce for her hand before he was killed.

In this present, Tim wishes that everything went the same way and she can experience herself falling for Conner all over again.

That’s why a rumor between Crown Prince Connor and her should not be encouraged. With Bart, people will easily dismiss the idea because they could not believe Tim will ever choose him. With Crown Prince Connor, however, everyone will jump to the idea because of the old marriage talk that happens in the past.

After this Tim will try her best to not dance or be seen talking with Crown Prince Connor again.

Crown Prince Connor twirls her and brings her in so she is leaning against his chest. Before he twirls her once again so they are face to face, Tim catches familiar blue eyes staring at her. The color of the sky.

Conner

Notes:

A little in-universe fun fact: When I first developed this story I wanted each Kingdom to have its own culture, social-economics problems, politics, religion, etc. To make it a little more realistic, some are based on real-life things, one of them being Royal Titles. The Waynes are loosely based on the British Royal family. The Queens is based loosely on the Japanese Imperial family. Their title is a mirror of the Japanese Imperial family's title, the daughter of the current Japanese Emperor's name is Aiko but her Imperial title is Princess Toshi (Aiko, Princess Toshi) so the member of the Arrow team Imperial title is styled after that (hence: Roy, Prince Harper). For the House of El, I think I choose the German Royal Title. I remember that I choose it because they use 'Kaiser' and 'KronPrinz' and I think it matches the theme with the use of 'K' for the Superfam (Krypton, Kryptonite, Kal-el, Kara Zor-el, etc.)
While we are at it, there is also a difference in the order of succession. The Waynes order of succession is the oldest children of the current King/Queen as first-in-line then the other follows. The Queens is based on bloodline. but instead of making them follow only the male bloodline like Japan, they follow any bloodline as long as it's Queen. Emiko became the Crown Princess once Oliver becomes Emperor but since Connor is born the succession falls to him. That's why Emiko is now the former Crown Princess. But if Connor does not have a child when he becomes Emperor, Emiko will be the Crown Princess again and will pass it to her children if she has one. Krypton is eldest blood-son of the Kaiser.

Chapter 16: Chapter 12: Therefore I am

Summary:

Tim turns slightly to the direction where she last saw Conner and sees the guy standing with Lady Cassandra Sandsmark, the current holder of the title Wonder Girl of Themyscira.

Chapter Text

“I, Kon-El, Son of Kal-El, congratulates the Second Princess of Gotham, Her Royal Highness Timoti Drake-Wayne for her 16 th  year of living. May Rao blesses this day”

I greet  the First Star of Krypton, Kon-El, Son of Kal-El. Please accept my gratitude for the good wishes”

“Ah, yes yes you should be showing your gratitude in my wonderful presence. Not all people could be near my being after all”

“Hmm, how very charming of you, KronPriz Conner”

“*snort* I am full of charm indeed. I would not fault you if you found it difficult to be in my present”

“Ah, I do feel it is quite difficult to be in the presence of someone quite nescient. I was hoping the KronPriz will be different but I guess I have to accept being disappointed on my birthday”

“...what? ...did you just call me dumb?”

“Oh my! Of course not My First Star! I would never think of insulting the esteem KronPriz of Krypton! No, I would never!”

“.…why does it feel like you just did it again?”

“Of course not Your Highness”

“Whatever, I hope you know that this is not my choice to be attending this party. I mean why would I attend a party of a little girl anyway? I mean, sure yeah it’s fine if the girl has a little more... meat on her body but oh well, it means this is your lucky day huh?”

“Oh, what joyous fun!” 

What an absolute asshole.


“Ah, KronPrinz Conner we meet again. How weird. I was  just  wondering why the birds did not chirp this morning”

“Tsk. Do you think I want to be here? I’m here because Clark asked me to accompany him. If it is up to me, I will never step foot in Gotham ever again! I mean seriously! Have you not have sun here?”

“Your Highness, the weather in Gotham is quite different for other kingdoms. Only tough people can withstand the notorious Gotham weather"

“...are you implying that I am weak?”

“Oh, Heaven’s no! Even I know the story of the KronPriz accomplishment as a knight! How could I question the strength of someone of your…stature”

“...you are doing it again”

“Pardon?”

“I said you are doing it again! You always say something that sounds positive but actually really insulting! Stop it!”

“*laugh* I must admit I am not quite sure what you mean, My Lord”

“You are trying to insult me! That’s what you have been doing every time we see each other!”

“Oh my, I never thought that my well-thought intention would be perceived as an insult. Have I say something insulting, Lady Brown?”

“No, My Lady. My Lady only showing her concern about the KronPrinz’s dislike about our Gotham weather”

“Ah, yes yes. I know the weather here could be bad Your Highness. Why don’t we go inside to the tea room instead? Make sure that you will not catch a cold in this weather”

“See! You are doing it again! You are implying that I am too weak and fragile to be outside when it’s only a little bit cold! For Rao’s sake stop it! 

What a brute.


“Are you out of your goddamn mind!? What are you thinking suddenly leaping in front of the assailant like that!”

“I have everything under control, I knew that he will be hesitant to hurt me so I took the chance”

“You still got hurt!!”

“It is just a graze Your Highness, no need to overreact”

“Overreact? *scoff* overract!? If you stay where you were you would be fine! If you just listened when I said to duck and take cover you would be fine! Why are you trying to be a hero here!”

“He was aiming for my maid! What do you want me to do! Let him kill her? The attacker wants me! The maid did not need to lose her life because of me!”

“She was trying to protect you! It was her job! She swore an oath to protect you! Why would you risk your life-”

“She has kids! I do not want to be the one to tell them their mom died because she was protecting me! *sigh* Look, Conner, I appreciate your concern but I am fine. Everything is fine. I am still here, the maid is still alive, and the attacker got captured”

“It’s not fine because I almost lost you!”

“.…Conner”

“For Rao’s sake! Can’t you see that what you did was the most terrifying thing I have ever experienced in my life? Seeing you jump in front of an arrow like that I *taking a breath* I could not.... when I saw him pointing at you... I felt like my heart just stop when I saw the arrow grazed your arm. What if you did not move fast enough? What if he did not hesitate? I could have lost you, Tim, I could *sob*”

“..Oh, Conner I-”

“No, just… no more excuses Tim…. I do not care if you think that’s the noble thing to do. I do not care if your action was considered heroic. I almost lost my best friend and I just, fuck Tim, I was so afraid”

“I apologize… Conner, I am truly sorry… I did not mean to make you feel this way *inhale* I just... I was… I’m sorry”

“Promise me you will never do something that reckless again”

“I promise” 

What a caring person.


“*gasp*”

“You should not continue looking at her, Your Highness. I… How about we go inside?”

“She’s dead Kon… she’s gone... I-*sob* she’s  gone”

“Hey, hey… Tim, calm down.. everything will be okay”

“Everything is not okay Kon! She got hanged! And all because… all because she got tricked!”

“They said she was trying to conspire against you, Tim. She was trying to kill you”

“No! She told me that she did not! She would not have lie to me, Kon! She would not! I-I believe her Kon! She was tricked by Roman! She would never betray me, Kon!”

“I know... I know”

“I should have convinced her to not see him anymore! I should have listened to her concern more! If-if only*sob* if only I was strong enough she will never have to resort to.. she would have never-”

“Hey, hey.. sweetheart… I need you to take a deep breath for me yeah? Here, do just like I do *inhale* *exhale* *inhale* *exhale* that’s it, keep doing it”

“.….”

“.…”

“She’s gone”

“.…”

“First, Bart now Stephanie… I do not know how I will continue to go on like this”

“I am still here, am I not? I will always be beside My Princess. I promised you, remember?” 

I think, I love him.


“Will you marry me?”

“..Kon?”

“In the name of Rao, I, Kon-El, Son of Kal-El ask for the hand of the Second Princess of Gotham, Her Royal Highness Timoti Jeanette Drake-Wayne in marriage.”

“*sob* Oh, Kon… Yes!! I will- Yes!!”

“Yeah?”

“*nod*”

“Oh Rao, I was afraid you will reject my request”

“Why would I?”

“*laugh* I know it is unfashionable to be asking you directly instead of asking through the King but… this battle... I do not know how long it will take and I do not know when I  can formally ask for your hand.. but I want to have this.. this promise between us before I go back to Krypton. I want to be sure that you want to spend the rest of our life with me”

“Yes, I do want to. Kon, It’s the only thing I ever wanted”

“Yeah?”

“Yeah, so you have to be careful. I need you to come back to me, you hear me My First Star?” 

“I promise My Pretty Bird”


Tim bows down at the end of the song and excuses herself from the Crown Prince. The blond nods at her and walks down towards his sister before being ambush by an eager young lady. The blond looks back over his shoulder and gives a ‘help me’ to Tim’s direction.

Tim can not help but chuckle at that. Being single and the Future Emperor must be exhausted.

Tim turns slightly to the direction where she last saw Conner and sees the guy standing with Lady Cassandra Sandsmark, the current holder of the title Wonder Girl of Themyscira.

Tim knew that Cassie and Kon has had a brief fling before both of them met Tim. Both of them met because of the closeness between Krypton and Themyscira.

They are both Kingdom of Warriors, having given birth to many famous fighters. They both have a very strong relationship because they have the same level of military prowess and because for generations the Royal Family has been friends.

They always have joined training to strengthen the relationship between both Kingdom.

Cassie and Conner met during one of these joined training. Both of them were the strongest from both Kingdom of origin. They were always pitted against one another to try to find out who’s the strongest. However, it was always a tie.

Because of that they got close and decided to try to date.

Later on, when Tim and Conner decided to date, he told her how they break up. The Amazons are a matriarch Kingdom where almost all of the citizens are female (except Prince Jason who is Princess Diana’s twin brother). They are more open-minded than Kryptonians. They did not really practice marriage and believe a partnership is more sacred. 

Cassie told her that it was completely normal for mentor and mentee to form some sort of sexual relationship as long as they are both willing. The romantic relationship between both women in a mentorship was considered the most sacred of a bond.

But another thing about the Amazons is the fact they believe in a polyamorous relationship. Someone can enter a relationship with as many women (and/or men) as they wanted. 

Women of Amazon sometimes go out of Themyscira, find a man, and have a sexual relationship with him. Sometimes only one woman would enter a sexual relationship with men, sometimes they will bring their Amazon lover with them. Some other times, the man will be in a romantic aspect of the relationship like Lord Steve Trevor who is in a romantic relationship with Princess Diana who already has a lover; Lady Barbara Minerva. Both ended up marrying the Princess even though their own relationship remains platonic.

This is something Krypton can not accept.

Krypton, in a sense, is still a very strict Kingdom. The concept of love and freedom the Amazon held dear did not agree with their principle. They believe in the life given by their God, Rao, through marriage and only marriage. (They use to also forbid same-sex relationships, though Kaiser Clark has been more accepting of it than the previous Kaiser). Cassie does not like the idea of being bound through marriage while Conner does not agree with the idea of having children outside of marriage.

And he is expected to have children to succeed the throne.

Kon said that they decided to part ways instead of forcing one of them to bend to the other’s belief. “We feel like if we do continue we will only forcing the other to erase part of ourselves and we believe that is too big of a sacrifice”

(Though knowing how Gotham rules are more lenient compare to Krypton, Cassie did give an open invitation for Tim to share her bed if she wants to with or without Conner. Tim can not stop blushing for days after she heard that)

Tim already knows that both will part ways but seeing them together hurts her even more than the sword of the Widower.

Tim is still staring at the couple laughing when Bart sees her. She jumps slightly when Bart clears his throat, “Apology Your Highness, I did not mean to startle you”

“That’s quite alright Sir Bart” Tim can feel her heart beating loudly. Is it too loud? Can Bart hear it? “I apologize on the Crown Prince's behalf, Sir Bart”

“That’s quite alright, My Lady”

Tim hears laughter that sounds like Kon and Cassie. Her gaze slides in the direction of the couple seeing how both of them seem to be enjoying each other’s company. It’s been so long since Tim last saw them laugh. Conner before he died, and Cassie before both Conner and Bart died.

She must have been staring too long because Bart asks, “Is that the Crown Prince of Krypton?”

“Ah, yes it is” Tim tries to smile but it feels weird. The muscle does not contract quite well. “And the current Wonder Girl of Themyscira, Lady Cassandra”

Seeing her weird smile Bart looks at the couple again looking unsure before he turns his gaze at her again, “Would you like to greet them? Perhaps the Second Princess could introduce me to both of them?”

Tim can feel how uncomfortable Bart looks. Maybe sadness just pours out of her and Bart picks that up. He must have no idea what makes her sad. Only the fact that Tim keeps stealing a look at the couple and stares at them longingly.

It is quite alright for her to go there and introduce Bart to both Cassie and Conner. Bart is new in society and people from other Kingdoms might not know him. It is too late for his debut, however, since Bart does not have a debut ball going around and introducing him might be a great alternative.

Which is something that Tim should have done.

Tim can walk there, introduce them to Bart, and have a conversation with both. It means that Tim can meet with Conner early, it means that Tim and Conner can talk early, it means that things will be different from the past.

Tim’s stomach twists at that.

If Tim follows the pattern so far, she can simply walk there, befriended Conner earlier, and make him falls in love with her early. If that happens they can get married as early as possible and when the time comes when Krypton got attacked, Gotham will be there to help. And when they are extra help Conner will never have to die.

Yes, that was what should happen. That was what Tim should do. It was written as one of the plans. The opportunity has presented itself for Tim to have Conner early so she should just seize it.

Tim has been changing the past. She has saved Lady Samantha’s life, she has made sure Bart has an ally to defeat Thaddeus if he comes, Tim has made sure that Steph is going to be safe, and now Tim can make sure Conner will not die.

But why does it feel like I am swallowing rotten eggs?

Of course, she knew why. Out of anyone who she cared about, Conner is the only one she did not want to manipulate.

And that is what she essentially did. The moment she woke up that day realizing she can change the future, she has been manipulating the people around her. She meddles in things, she said some words, and she sent a couple of letters to ensure the future she envisions.

It is selfish. She admits it to herself one night after sending a letter to Viscount Ives. She is literally playing with people’s life. And how many times she tries to justify that she is saving their lives, she knew deep down that she is selfishly changing the course of history to suit her wants.

Right now, she realizes that she can not do it to Conner. She does not want to do it to Conner.

If she continues and Conner does end up fall in love with her then it will not be for who she is. It will be all because of her manipulating fate. She does not want that. Conner’s feeling for her is the only one she wants to stay the same.

You are the only one I want to be the reminder of who I was. If you fall for me the same way then I am sure that I am still me

If Conner could not love her on his own then she does not want that love.

She silently prays for forgiveness and hopes that Bart, Steph, and the Ives will understand if they ever know.

“Princess?” the sound of Bart's voice is so uncertain it snaps Tim back to the present.

She looks at Bart. His eyes reflect his concern, warm ember eyes looking back at her blue-grey ones. Tim smiles at him and knows it must be genuine when Bart smiles back at her. No need for her to make his friend concern. She promised to protect Bart, which also include emotional distress. First Ball is already stressful, no need to add it more by making him think Tim is displeased with Bart.

“I feel like it will be quite rude of us to interrupt their private conversation, do you not agree Sir Bart?” the look of concern almost disappears from Bart’s face. Out of the corner of her eyes, she can see Dick and Roy walking towards them. One looks haggard, the other looks frantic. She glances briefly towards Conner and Cassie before gently pulling at Bart's sleeve “Why don’t you and I have our dance instead? Lead the way, Sir Bart?”

“Certainly, My Lady”

Both of them walk down to the dance floor. Tim feels everyone in the room seeing them, watching the Second Princess of Gotham and her escort dance. Tim catches both Conner and Cassie’s eyes before deciding to focus on Bart’s eyes.

Bart looks nervous but he moves fluidly. There is no wrong step taken and everything goes smoothly. As the dance progress, the world around them blurs and it feels as if it is only her and Bart on the dance floor. But every once in and while there will be a splash of blue appearing. The color of the sky.

And here I begin to doubt

Chapter 17: Chapter 13: Yours Sincerely, Timoti

Summary:

A look into some of Tim's correspondences.

Notes:

Okaaaay, this is another filler chapter... we get to take a look at some of the letters exchanged between Tim and several of the characters in the story. The letters are exchanged after the event in chapter 4 and before chapter 14. I put a lot of foreshadowing in the letters to set up the next part of the story.

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

Dear Lady Samantha,

I hope this letter finds you in good health. I pray every night that the antidote will help you recover from the poison. The Royal Physician has ensured me that the antidote will be enough to help you battle the effect of the poison, but I simply can not help but be concerned.

I have to offer you my deepest apology, Lady Samantha. If I was more careful then you will not have to be in this predicament. There will not be a day where I will not regret the decision to not double-check our tea. I will try to be more careful in the future, that is if Lady Samantha still deigns to be in my company.

I hope you have a fast recovery. I will await your reply, Lady Samantha.

Yours Sincerely,

Timoti Drake-Wayne

The Second Princess of Gotham

OoOoOoOoOoO

Dear Princess Timoti,

I hope this letter finds you in good health.

I can not begin to express my gratitude for the Second Princess. I have heard the story about how Your Highness came into our estate and deliver the antidote herself. I am ashamed to think that a humble person like myself have made the Second Princess went to the trouble of delivering the antidote. I was told that the Princess just woke up from her own illness and to think that Your Highness willingly came to help me, I simply can not think of anything to ever repay it.

I hope the Second Princess will forgive my rudeness, but I do not want Your Royal Highness to ever blame yourself. The blame lays at My Uncle’s and My Uncle's alone. If not for his greed and jealousy, the Princess would not have to suffer. I will not ask for forgiveness on his behalf though I will try to ask for my maid’s.

Princess, it is presumptuous of me to beg for forgiveness for the one who has caused you ill. However, Your Highness must understand the circumstances in which my maid had acted. I do not dare to ask for her to be able to work with the family again, I simply ask for Your Highness's forgiveness to let her repent in jail instead of execution. 

I knew the maid since I was young, I know she is not capable of doing such a thing if not for her being desperate. Please consider my request Your Highness.

Yours Sincerely,

Samantha Ives

Heiress of Odessa


Dear Princess Timoti,

I hope this letter finds you in good health.

I write to you to show my gratitude for giving our family a second chance. Because the Princess has invited our Lady Samantha to shop for her clothes, our Lady confidence has returned. Not to mention the rumor surrounding our family has decreased. I have a plan to publicly announce my loyalty to the Second Princess in the next society meeting. Our family will show support to the Second Princess.

Lady Samantha has cherished the book Your Highness has gifted her. She has spent her time reading it in the study room. Let me repay Your Highness’ kindness. In a week's time, there will be a new shipment coming to our dock. The shipment contains rare crystals that could only be found in the continent of Marvel. It would be an honor if the Princess agrees to have a first look and choose one or two from the collection.

Yours Sincerely,

Dixon Ives

The Viscount of Odessa

OoOoOoOoOoO

Dear Viscount Ives,

I hope this letter finds you in good health. I am glad that the Lady has regained her confidence to re-enter society. I look forward to seeing her again, perhaps over lunch in one of the restaurants in the Capital.

I am happy that the Lady enjoys the book as much as I did. It is quite rare to find someone who shares the same interest. I have no doubt that the Lady and I will exchange more letters discussing the book in depth.

Viscount Ives, while I do appreciate your offer and I must admit it is quite tempting, I would like to ask for favor instead. Aside from the fact that the Ives own the largest shipping company in Gotham, the Ives Family were also known to have a widespread network of information. If this is not too much for me to ask I would like you to find someone. 

I will send you the name once you agree to do me this favor. I hope the Viscount understands that this is something that I simply can not share with anyone else. Not even the King. I believe the Viscount will stay true to his words and place his loyalty for me as the most important.

Yours Sincerely,

Timoti Drake-Wayne

The Second Princess of Gotham


I need you to find something for me. The item is very rare and can only be found at a certain time. I will tell you its location when you come over. The journey to retrieve it will be full of danger, but I am sure you can handle it


Dear Princess Timoti,

I hope this letter finds you in good health.  I wrote this letter to inform you that I have finally found the book about Nexus being I mentioned the last time we meet. It was hidden deep in the back of our library. It took Earl Allen and I two days to finally locate the book.

Now, that I have the book, I would like to invite Your Highness for tea tomorrow to discuss the book. Earl Allen has shown interest in joining our discussion, and Countess West-Allen has urged me to send this letter as soon as possible.

Yours Sincerely,

Bartholomew Allen

Heir of Central Earldom

P.s. Warning: Countess West-Allen is really stressed about making the tea time special, so everything will be extra

OoOoOoOoOoO

Dear Sir Bart,

I hope this letter finds you in good health.  Thank you for searching the book, I hope it was not too much trouble for you and Earl Allen.

Sir Bart, I accept the invitation for tea while we discuss the book and I am happy to know that Earl Allen is interested in our discussion. I know that he is very well versed in the topic so it will be a very informative discussion indeed if he joins us.

Yours Sincerely,

Timoti Drake-Wayne

The Second Princess of Gotham

P.s. Please tell the Countess to not worry much, I will be happy with whatever she served


Dear Lady Maleate,

I hope this letter finds you in good health. I have seen the proposal that you have sent and I only have a few comments on it. Overall the whole proposal is great and doable. I believe if we can finish the whole project in five months' time then we will have time for the winter season.

I do believe that another party to showcase our newest product will be necessary at this point. The competitor has given quite a few challenges to our business. So, it will be reasonable for us to increase our marketing effort.

Yours Sincerely,

Timoti Drake-Wayne

The Second Princess of Gotham

OoOoOoOoOoO

Dear Princess Timoti,

I hope this letter finds you in good health. I have received the reviewed proposal and I have agreed with all of the changes Your Highness has made. I will proceed with the project as requested. There is some hope that we can finish it before the deadline.

The marketing idea is brilliant Your Highness. I have to agree with the challenges our competitor provides but with the marketing party, we surely can compete. I will ask My Head Maid to prepare for the party and I will send the details to you.

The book about time anomalies and paradoxes that you have requested for me to find will arrive in two days' time, Your Highness, and I will give it to Anna when she visits my estate. 

Yours Sincerely,

Alena Maleate


Already got your item. I will give it to you when I visit. Got a new contract that pays well. Don’t contact me.

 Don’t get in trouble.


Dear Princess Timoti,

I hope this letter finds you in good health. I am absolutely filled with joy and relief to hear of your recovery. I was anxiously waiting for the good news of your waking up every day. I must admit that the thought of something happens to you has clouded my days that I may have made an error in my ruling.

In knowing that Your Highness has finally been healthy enough to write back, I am sure that I can continue ruling the Grand Duchy and bring it back to its glory. I will make sure the Grand Duchy will be at its peak once again before Your Highness takes over from me. I feel excitement over the fact.

Yours Sincerely,

Dana Winters of Bristol

OoOoOoOoOoO

Dear Lady Dana,

I hope this letter finds you in good health. I am happy to hear that Lady Dana will take care of the Grand Duchy. I have no doubt that Lady Dana will be able to restore the Drakes’ glory.

It has come to my attention that the Grand Duchy has experienced some trouble with the crops. I have heard that some farmer has complained about the lack of produce. I am wondering if perhaps this is a great time for me to return to the Grand Duchy and began my training as the Grand Duchess. I believe familiarizing myself with the condition and problems in the Grand Duchy will help me when I officially step in as the Lady of the Land.

I will be visiting as soon as I can clear up my schedule here at the palace. I hope that my visit will not be too much of a burden.

Love,

Your Daughter Tim

Notes:

aaaand that's the end of part 1 of the story, the worldbuilding part... like how many time travel manhwa's stories unravel, we are now entering the ~time skip~ part. The next update will be a side chapter but after that, we will have a 4 months time skip when part 2 begin. There will be a lot of time skip in the future and I will try my best to make the storyline cohesive.

There will be a change in updating's schedule... Usually, I post new chapters on Tuesday but since moving, I realized that Tuesday may be a little bit hard for me to post new chapters... so I will begin posting on Friday! Starting with the side chapter this coming Friday!

Chapter 18: Side Chapter: Richard John "Dick" Grayson-Wayne

Summary:

Dick does not know how long he has been staring at the direction the carriage took of to. He does not realize everyone has been calling his name. He only becomes aware of himself again when he felt a familiar hand wraps around his.

Wally

“Dick, are you okay?”

No, Dick thought no I am not.

Notes:

It's currently midnight at my place and I have been trying to make my laptop works for about five hours :( I almost give up and decided to try again tomorrow but then it works! So here is a somewhat late post! We got to take a look at how Dick sees his relationship with Tim, be ready...

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

Dick always knew the risk and the responsibility of being the Crown Prince of a powerful kingdom like Gotham. People all around the continent, who seek to overthrow this small kingdom, will often try to assassinate the Future of Gotham. The First Child of The Bat.

Well, technically he is not even Bruce’s blood child but still, he is Bruce’s first child. And since Dick had donned the mantle 'Robin' months after he arrived at the Palace, it can not be refuted that he is the Heir to the title “The Bat”.

(Dick never want it but if he did not do it then one of his siblings has to be the Heir and he does not want them to experience what he has)

Bruce has been strict with his training. Teaching him everything he needs in order to save himself in the case of assassination. And oh boy, did they keep coming.

Enemies of Gotham, enemies of the Waynes, and enemies of the Crown Prince will take turns to send their most capable of assassins to try and kill him. So far Dick can get himself out every single time and in the case when he can’t, Wally will always come and rescue him.

It becomes a routine actually, to the point Dick will find it eerie when someone does not come to take his life. (and isn’t it a reflection on how bizarre his life has become? He uses to live a calm life. Well, as calm as it was in a circus).

But yeah, Dick is pretty used to it. It becomes his way of training his ability.

Then around the time Tim was adopted, the enemies have found a new way of getting to Dick; by using Tim as a pawn on their schemes.

He first realized it when Tim was attacked on her way to see Dick in the academy. At first, it was written out as an attack against the newest Princess of Gotham. However, it always strikes Dick as odd. They were not trying to kill Tim and the attacks were always happening when Dick and Tim make an appearance together.

There was one incident where they wanted Dick to come to the place where she was held as a hostage, they wanted Dick to see Tim got in a dangerous situation. And they issued demands to Dick and not to Bruce.

Dick was beyond mad when he saw an assassin holding his baby sister’s arm so tight that she winced.

He almost forgot to hold back enough so they can still bring the culprit in for questioning. If Wally didn’t punch Dick at that time they might not be able to track down the remaining culprits.

Dick has entrusted Luke, who was a very capable Knight, to interrogate the assassin. He then asked Bruce to appoint Luke to be Tim’s personal Knight since her temporary knight can not even take down a bunch of weak assassins.

Dick realizes that people tried to use Tim because of how fond Dick is of her. He always shows how affectionate he is in a public setting. Whenever they have an audience with the mass or whenever they attend the parade, Dick will always shower Tim with love.

That’s always going to be on Dick. He's unconsciously making Tim a target.

He only ever wants to atone for his inattentiveness towards Jason by being the most loving big brother to Tim. But turns out that was also the wrong thing to do.

So, Dick starts to try to put a distance between them.

It was hard, but it must be done. Dick was feeling guilty at the beginning but seeing how Tim was very understanding with the many excuses Dick could come up with to bail on tea time, Dick can not help but be proud of his baby sister.

She was the most intelligent, most caring, and most understanding little sister a brother could ever ask. She was always there for Dick. She will always shower Dick with love whenever it is safe to be together. She is the one constant in Dick’s chaotic life.

My safety net when I fall

Whenever something falls apart in Dick’s life, he can always rely on Tim to be there to hold him together. When he recovers from an assassination attempt, when he broke up with Barbara, when Jason keeps attacking him, when Kori and he fight. Tim will always be there for Dick.

Dick can rest well knowing that even though he goes around trying to make his life stable again, he can always take a step back and be there with Tim for a moment.

Everything seems to be alright when he is with Tim. Everything is normal. Tim will shower him with love, they will talk about anything and Tim will listen attentively, and they can laugh until Dick forgets the disaster he currently faces.

It energizes him, spending time with Tim. Whenever he feels too tired he will seek Tim, spent time with her a couple of times, and he will feel refresh enough to go about his life again.

Dick really has the best baby sister.

Wally always disapproves of his method. Saying that it was not fair to Tim. That Tim also needs as much attention as Jason and Damian.

He was offended by that. How dare Wally think he did not love Tim enough? He loves him so much it hurts sometimes.

But Tim is not someone who will ever run away from Dick’s life. She is the one constant, she will always be there no matter how far Dick goes. Jason and Damian on the other -and Cass to an extent- needs to be constantly cajoled into spending time with him lest they run away completely.

Tim knows Dick loves her that’s why she is always going to be there for Dick. Jason and Damian do not love Dick as much. Not yet. (Maybe Jason did once upon a time).

So, of course, they need a more intense approach to make sure that they know Dick loves them.

If Dick did not spend time with them then they will think Dick does not care enough. He has to try hard with Damian because the little boy thinks Dick is taking his rightful place as the Heir and even harder with Jason since he has let him down once. Tim will understand Dick’s reasoning. She also wants Jason and Damian to know they are love. Tim is the most understanding.

Every time they have this discussion Wally would just sigh and said, “I have warned you Dick” before leaving. Wally just worried too much. Dick knows for sure that Tim will never abandon him.

But funny how fate unroll.

Tim was poisoned after going to a tea party hosted by one of the noble families in Gotham. Dick was furious and demanded Bruce to execute them right away. Though of course, it is not possible because there are laws for those things.

Dick orders Luke to personally sees the case, to which the man agrees right away. Dick reads every report sent by one of the knights to his desk to try to find hard prove evidence that the family is also involved and not just the maid. But then a letter from Kori arrived.

She was mad. Extremely mad because Dick did not come to her Kingdom for a party as promised. She said how disappointed she was to know that Dick still did not care enough to change. (She caught him cheating and going to the Ball is the only way to repent). Dick went into a panic and quickly tried to win back her love.

When an immediate breakup is averted, Dick is finally able to catch up with the case once again.

Luke is reluctant to share the information for some reason, but Dick pulls rank and is given the full report. He is glad that there is someone who caught the old man in that Baron house. With this justice can be served to those who thought that they can hurt his Baby Bird.

“Maybe now is the right time to finally visit the Second Princess, Your Highness” Wally has said rather tersely.

Dick agrees but was reminded of how much paperwork he neglected when he tried to beg for forgiveness from Kori. As the Crown Prince, everyone expects him to be meticulous and punctual with his work. So, Dick reluctantly picks up his pen and starts to go over his paperwork.

Wally only sighs at him before helping.

In the middle of doing this paperwork that Dick received a request for an escort from Kori. He immediately sends an affirmative and starts to earnestly finish his work so he will be able to attend.

Wally eyes him oddly and when confronted reminds him about his promise with Tim to be her escort.

“Oh, shit. Yeah, I did say that” he muses. On one hand, he wants to use this opportunity to spent time with Tim, on the other he really wants to see Kori again. He can not possibly be an escort for both. So, he has to choose one.

“Wally please tell Tim that I can not accompany her to the Ball. Sent her my deepest apology”

“Dick, are you out of your mind? You really want to bail on her again?”

“What do you mean again?”

“Dick you bail on her the last Ball. She has to send a letter apologizing to the Kane Family for deciding to not attend last minute!”

“I surely did not! I am sure we did attend that Ball”

Wally just looks at him funnily. But whatever he wants to say is never uttered as Wally stands up and walks to the door. “Besides it will be best for Tim right? Resting more after recovering from poison? She just woke up like four days ago, she needs more time!” he says to the redhead man.

Wally looks sad at his statement but still does what he was told.

Dick feels that Wally has overreacted. Because surely Tim will understand right? Dick may have to explain it to her when they meet again but she will understand.

Come morning, Dick wishes he listened to Wally.

Breakfast is an absolute disaster. Dick never once see Tim with such a plastic smile or such a cold glare before. Tim was always a warm smile and loving eyes. But during breakfast, she never listens to Dick and when Bruce lectures her she just looks annoyed.

Dick did feel something is wrong when Wally went back and no messages were left for him. He thought that it might be Wally trying to prove his point earlier but the incident at breakfast just proves that something really is wrong.

The fact that Tim said her goodbye by using the formal way and addressing every Wayne with their title just cemented it.

Maybe Dick should have gone to the Ball with her instead. Maybe Dick should spend time with Tim after she has been poison. After Alfred had done chiding them for their treatment of Tim, Dick rushes to his study and compose a letter to Kori.

He explained how he wishes to spend time with Tim instead and wishes that Kori will understand. (Kori did because she always says how envious she is of Dick’s relationship with his sister. Kori’s relationship with her sister is an absolute nightmare and she always expressed her wish to have a little sister like Tim. Which of course she would be envious. Dick’s baby sister is the best).

He then orders Wally to invite Tim over for lunch but the knight comes back with a piece of sad news.

“She declined your offer for lunch, and yes I did offer an invite for tea and dinner which she both decline because she has a prior engagement that she can not postpone”

Dick finishes his work for the day as quickly as possible and ran to the Second Princess’ Palace. Only to find Tim has left and no one is willing to tell him where she went. Even after he threatens every staff member he comes across, none wants to tell him Tim’s whereabouts.

No problem, I will meet her tomorrow when we leave for Queen.

Except they are not going to Queen because Tim has asked someone else to be her escort. Someone who is not Jason. Which does not make any sense because Tim never chooses another person as an escort. Not even Luke has been asked! It was always either Dick or Jason.

As he sees Tim’s carriage leaves for Queen, Tim’s last statement echoing inside his head. “And lastly… I change my mind, I don’t want you for my escort”

Dick does not know how long he has been staring at the direction the carriage took of to. He does not realize everyone has been calling his name. He only becomes aware of himself again when he felt a familiar hand wraps around his.

Wally

“Dick, are you okay?”

No, Dick thought no I am not.

As he is standing outside Tim’s Palace he feels the world fall down around him. And right now there will be no safety net to catch his fall.

Notes:

Oh boy, do I have a lot to say about Dick and Tim's relationship... I never like how DC just brushes off their fight and makes it like it never happened. I can't remember any scene in the comic where they address what happened during the time Bruce's missing. So it just kinda makes me hate Dick a little the more they make it seems like they never have any fights before. So, making this chapter is a little bit harder than I thought it would be because of course there is a reason why everything happens and it's not fair to make Dick 100% the bad guy here despite how I feel about him...
Dick being the Crown Prince makes him have a certain point of view that is entirely selfish. Even though he does not think so. However, I really hate the 'assholes who become assholes because they trying to protect their loved ones' or 'asshole with a heart of gold' characters so much, they're boring, so here is Dick being an asshole who thinks he has a good intention but actually is just an asshole

Chapter 19: Chapter 14: Of Miss Chances

Summary:

Tim knows the dinner will be a disaster, but she never would have thought that it will be this much of a disaster.

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

Tim signs her letter and puts it in the envelope before asking Steph to deliver it to the page boy. She has been doing that a lot recently. Sending letters to all her correspondents. In the past, Tim never writes a letter to anyone other than Lady Dana. Tim never has to. All the people she associates with were within the vicinity of the Royal Palace. She only needs to send a messenger.

But now she writes almost daily.

The current project with Baroness Maleate is going smoothly. There are still some things that needed to be changed a bit but the overall project was perfect. If everything still runs as smoothly, in the next 3 months where there will be a sudden increase in textile demand then they will be ready to meet with the increase.

This is something the past Tim might not be able to know: she is really good at business.

When she was still a naive young girl living with the scraps of attention from the Waynes, Tim never thinks about doing business. It’s not something that she really needs to do as the Second Princess. She has a monthly allowance. She does not have a money problem. She has a surplus of money even. She never really host a Ball other than her birthday ball so there was never any spending.

She thought that she was living comfortably so she does not see the need to earn money. Now, she feels like she should.

Trying to come up with a business strategy, reading the reports about the current situation of the market, discussing with her partner over tea. She actually enjoying her time.

If it also gives her excuses to avoid the Waynes, well, that is just an added bonus.

She has completely avoided Jason because she never left her Palace and Jason will never step foot in her Palace. She changed routes and some of her schedule so she does not need to pass Damian on the way to the Administration Palace. She even uses the meetings with the Baroness to get out of Dick’s invitations for tea and meal. She also uses Bart and Lady Samantha a lot as an excuse.

For the last four months after the Ball, Tim has successfully lived a peaceful, Wayne-free life until Alfred comes to her study.

Tim can feel the dread creeping in when she saw Alfred’s unimpressed face. She knows her fate is sealed. She can not get away from this. She will have to agree with whatever Bruce wants because no one says no to Alfred.

Alfred even though was one of the people who did not believe Tim when she said Bruce is still alive, still was the only one who did not treat her like she was crazy. She saw a little girl mourning for his adoptive father after losing her two best friends. So, Tim still loves Alfred.

“Princess Timoti, your presence is required for tonight’s dinner with King Bruce. I hope that you will not be tardy” with that Alfred leaves the room before Tim can come up with any excuse.

Suppressing a sigh, Tim messages her temples, already feeling an oncoming headache.

She can not bear to be in the same room with the Waynes after all the things that she has to endure in her past. The fact that they did not believe her when she said Bruce was still alive was just the breaking point.

Now Tim knows that the Waynes do not really care about her. They never were. This is just another round of the same circle. The Waynes will forget about Tim after a confrontation and Bruce lectures her even though she is not the perpetrator. Then after being ignored and alone for a while, Tim will be invited to a meal by Bruce to show that he still thinks about her. And Tim forgot ever getting upset at the Waynes.

Now, Tim can not care less.

Tim really wants to bail on this dinner, but she can not bear to disappoint Alfred. Maybe that is the reason why Bruce ordered Alfred instead of sending the usual messenger. Bruce knows that Tim will come when Alfred says so.

“Oh, that is not a good expression” Tim looks up at the familiar voice coming from her door. “you look troubled, Your Highness”

Luke is standing in front of her, concern clear in his face. Tim feels a smile forming on her face at seeing him which Luke returns. He comes into the room looking more sure after knowing that Tim is okay.

Tim gets up from her seat and hugs him. Luke returns the hug eagerly. When Luke was still Tim’s personal knight, he would hug Tim whenever she woke up from a nightmare.

Tim’s old bedroom guards knew to call Luke whenever they hear Tim’s scream at night. Tim used to be so embarrassed because of that, thinking that she was a burden to Luke. She was so afraid that she was bothering Luke from his much-needed sleep. But every time it happened, Luke will just hugs her tighter and whispers reassurance to Tim.

Now Tim wondered why she was still adamant to get the affection of the Waynes when she already got the affection of Luke.

“It is so nice to see you again, Sir Luke”

Luke tightens his hold for a couple a second before releasing her, “It is nice to see you again, Babybird”

Tim feels her heart fluttering at the use of her nickname. It feels right somehow to hear Luke uses the nickname Dick gave her. It was a name a brother gave to his sister. And for the longest time, Luke was more of a brother to Tim than Dick ever was.

Tim invites Luke to have a seat and orders, Lily, to serve them tea.

Tim asks Luke about his work, his engagement with Lady Barbara, and the Fox Siblings. Lady Tam is the current Heiress to the Fox Duchy after Luke took the mantle of Captain of the Knight Order. Lady Tam’s 18 birthday is just around the corner and Luke shares how hectic the Fox estate is currently.

Tim asks about the name of the knight that finds the maid’s father so Tim could congratulate them personally and offers them a reward. Luke looks hesitant, “Ah, I can not tell you his name Your Highness”

“Belfry” Tim hopes that by calling Luke by the name she gave him that the knight will be bound by his oath to tell her but no such luck.

“Apology My Princess, but revealing the name would just complicate things. I wish you could respect this decision”

Tim reluctantly nods and tells him about how the partnership with Baroness Maleate is going, about his fast blooming friendship with Bart and Lady Samantha, and about her ongoing progress in training to fight.

“You are learning how to fight?”

Tim gives a nod after taking a sip of her tea, “Yes, I had asked Sir Bernard to assist me with it. We have been making progress, I think”

“Why haven’t I heard of this? If Your Highness wanted I could have easily taught you. We can schedule in your training session”

“Well, the key is discretion Sir Luke” Tim leans forward a little and lowers her voice, “I’m not about to broadcast the fact that I’m learning sword to the whole Kingdom. Sir Bernard and I have been doing it in secret.”

Luke’s eyes widen at that. He looks at Lily who’s pretending to not hear the conversation between them. Tim reassures Luke that no one on her staff will ever say anything about her secret training.

At her reassurance, Luke seems to be a bit more relaxed.

“Why the sudden interest in training, if you do not mind me asking? And why the secret?”

Tim thinks carefully about what she could and could not disclose to Luke. Even though she trust Luke to not making fun of her, but she still thinks saying ‘I went back in time and am trying to change the future will definitely make her look mental.

“I am planning to take over the Grand Duchy. The title of Grand Duchess is full of risk so I need to be able to defend myself.” Tim explains “Though I begin to think that there is a certain benefit of having the image of being a non-fighter. If people underestimated me then they will open up themselves for weakness”

Tim takes a little sip of her tea, “If I could make my training a secret then it will be one more trick up my sleeve, wouldn’t you think Sir Luke?”

Luke raises his left eyebrow at that, “Since when have the Babybird been thinking about taking over the Grand Duchy?”

Tim gives Luke a smile before telling him more about her training routine.


Tim knows the dinner will be a disaster, but she never would have thought that it will be this much of a disaster.

Tim tries to come as late as possible without being too late. Which is weird, she knows but Tim’s trying to spend a little time as possible with the Waynes.

If she comes the last to the dining room and leaves early then she does not need to be with them long. So, Tim tries to time her arrival really well.

She arrives with Luke who asked to be her guard exactly a minute before dinner is supposed to be served. Alfred gives her an I-am-very-disappointed-but-I-am-not-going-to-say-it glare from where he was directing the staff.

Tim gives him a sheepish smile before bowing down and greets the four Waynes. She can see Bruce’s constipated look, Dick’s flinch, Jason’s frown, and Damian’s glare at that. She chooses the seat furthest from them but still a good distance so as not to be impolite. Luke stands a good distance behind her, giving a small nod to Sir Wally and Lady Artemis.

The staff immediately brings the dishes and serves them after Tim has taken her seat.

The room is quiet for a while before Bruce breaks it to order them to eat. Like with breakfast, Tim is determined to ignore the conversation that is happening between the Princes and focus on her meal.

She is able to get a few bites in before Bruce addresses her.

“So, Tim… I see that you have been quite busy these past months”

“Yes, Your Majesty” Tim will try to answer as little as possible. They do not deserve to know what she has been up to.

“I heard that you have formed a partnership with Baroness Maleate? Isn’t that quite reckless of you, partnering with the family that almost killed you” his tone was harsh and his eyes bore to Tim. She can see disapproval and a little bit of anger in there.

She sees how Damian is openly snickering at her, happy that Tim was getting scold again. Dick is staring at her with an indescribable look. While Jason looks at Bruce with a frown. Tim does not know why Jason does not immediately jump into the opportunity to ridicule Tim but she does not really care for that.

“Yes, I suppose it is Your Majesty”

“You should cut ties with this family immediately” Bruce takes a sip of his wine, signaling the end of the conversation. But Tim will not let Bruce dictates her life again.

“I do not think I will Your Majesty”

“...Pardon?”

Tim puts down her cutlery and looks straight at Bruce, “The textile industry is one of the fast-growing industries in Gotham. The increase in demands has been going steadily and I genuinely feel that this is a golden opportunity to form a partnership considering the change in ownership. The business is going through a massive change after the new ownership, so it is quite easy for me to help shape it. I have run the number with Duke Lucius and even he agrees that the textile company will be a good asset. I have gone to him through legal action and he has approved my proposal to be in partnership with the Baroness. I will say I am quite good at this and Baroness Maleate has been a wonderful partner. I am continuing this partnership.”

“I say to cut ties immediately, Timoti” Bruce uses what is dubbed as “The Bat” voice by the people of Gotham. Much like the Drake Voice, only this is more gritty and dark. Like someone gurgling a bunch of rocks.

It uses to scare Tim so much, but now after what she has experienced and seen in that desert, it feels like nothing.

“I have said that I will not do it, Your Majesty”

“You dare defy me, Tim?”

At this point the room was tense. Jason is angling his body to attack Bruce. Dick is readying himself to prevent Jason from attacking Bruce. Damian…

Damian does try to show his smugness over how angry Bruce is getting at Tim, but Tim can see the little tremors he is hiding. He is afraid. Terrified.

Tim almost feels sorry for him until he opens his mouth, “Tt, what do you expect from a Drake? Such defiance should not be tolerated. I think punishment should be in order. Don’t you think Drake? Do you not agree that you deserve punishment?”

Tim ignores him and the rest of the Waynes by telling Alfred that she does not need to be served dessert. She will be leaving shortly after her meal.

“You may leave after I dismiss you, Tim. You are not dismissed right now”

Tim sighs audibly, “Is there anything that Your Majesty wants to ask? Other than the ridiculous notion of ending the partnership?”

“This is a serious matter, Tim! You almost got killed and you are trying to form a partnership with your killer! What were thinking?”

“Clearly she is not thinking” Damian tries to bait her, she knows this and she does not let herself fall into his traps.

“Your Majesty, the Baron was found to be the only culprit for the poisoning incidents. The rest of his family was found innocent. The Baron has been executed three weeks ago, I don’t think it is fair to still think of the Baroness as an accomplished”

“You know how people will see this Tim when they know the Second Princess has become a partner with the family of a murderer? They will mock your stupidity and deemed you gullible!”

“I say let them think that Father”

Once again Tim ignores Damian, “Perhaps the Second Princess will be mocked but the Grand Duchess certainly will not”

“...what?” this time Jason decided to join in “what are you talking about?”

“Foolish Drake, thinking that she-”

“I have been thinking about returning to the Grand Duchy for a while now. Bristol has been steadily increasing their strength, and even though Lady Dana has done an excellent job maintaining the land, I will say that the land needs its rightful Lady to lead. So, I have been thinking about stepping down as the Second Princess and go back to-”

Before Tim can even finish her sentence, she sees a glint of silverware coming her way. But because of her body’s lack of training, she was not able to fully dodge Damian’s attack whose body is more trained than hers at the moment.

He was raised by the League of Assassins, he was trained by Ra’s since he’s a toddler and Tim is nowhere near his level in her current state. So, the knife Damian used as a weapon was able to graze her upper arm.

Luke jumps into action shortly after he saw Damian gets up out of his chair. But he did not manage to prevent Damian’s attack. Although he manages to grab Damian’s collar and throws him away from Tim to avoid a second attack.

Dick jumps up to catch Damian before he hits the wall. And Jason gets up as well before Lady Artemis puts her hand into Jason and shakes her head.

Luke kneels beside her and barking for the servants to bring in Lady Leslie. Tim can feel the blood gushing out of the wound. It is a little deep but did not hit any major artery so Tim does not need to worry about bleeding out too fast.

“For fuck’s sake! Control your Demon Child Bruce! Why the fuck does he suddenly going feral like that!” Jason is struggling to get out of Lady Artemis’ hold.

“Jason, don’t call your bro-”

“How dare you call me feral Todd! That Drake deserves it! She thinks she can ignore me, the blood heir! She is just a pathetic stand-in that needs to be reminded of her place”

“Oh enough with the blood heir thing! No one care, you Demon!”

“Jason stop calling Damian a demon” Dick decides to join in, holding Damian when he is about to leap at Jason.

“He is a Demon Dickhead! No sane human being will just attack someone unprompted”

“She was ignoring me! She dares to ignore me!”

“Damian calm down-”

“ENOUGH!”

Bruce’s voice booms through the whole room. Everyone quiet down immediately.

Lady Leslie then runs into the room and quickly makes her way to Tim. She performs quick care. Examining the wound and wrap it up. Tim observes the occupants of the room. Everyone was tense.

Then her eyes met Bruce’s and he walks to her.

“Is she okay?” he asks Lady Leslie.

“Yes, the wound did not hit any major artery. She will be fine after a couple of weeks”

“Good” Bruce nods before begin lecturing Tim. Yeah, that’s right. He lectures Tim who was attacked. If this does not show how little Bruce cares about her then nothing will, “It is not nice to ignore your brother like that Tim. I expect you to apologize to him.”

“Apologize? Are you blind old man? He was the one attacking her!”

“I told you enough Jason. This is between Tim and Damian. Of course, Damian will need to apologize for the attack but Tim, you must understand that ignoring your brother is not something expected from a Princess. You hurt his feeling by doing that. I have seen that you have been doing that a lot for these past four months. Not only to Damian but to Dick and Jason as well. I have been lenient with you on that but what you did tonight, ignoring Damian talking to you has really crossed the line. You can imagine how he feels, if you ignore him he will not feel appreciated Tim. You should know better, you’re the older sibling.” he sighs “I expect better”

Something inside Tim just snaps at that.

“Better? You expect better?” Tim scoffs before laughing long and hard.

Everything is just so funny. Bruce wants Tim to apologize? To Damian? Even though he was the one attacking her. Bruce was upset because Tim has been ignoring the Waynes even though that’s what they have been doing to her.

“Your Highness?” Luke sounds so uneasy, his grip on Tim’s hands tighten.

Tim squeezes his hand once before releasing him and stands up. She might not be as tall as the others and she has to look up at Bruce but the way he flinches at Tim tells her that she can be intimidating when she wants to.

“I am never enough for you, am I?” Tim starts “You always ask me to be better but you never set that standard to your fucking feral child!”

The room went quiet at her cussing. Tim never raised her voice let alone cuss in front of people.

“You always excuse his behavior even if it was something awful because he’s ‘just a child, Tim, he knows no better'. But guess what Your Majesty, I am also just a child! I haven’t reached 16 yet you demanded me to be on my best behavior every single damn time! When Dick was 16 he was making mistakes left and right, but I am never allowed to! Because it’s always ‘I’m disappointed in you Tim’ or ‘You should not sully the Waynes’ name Tim’ or ‘You should know better Tim’. I am so sick of you putting me in such a high standard when all your assholes children can do whatever the fuck they want!

“They mock me! Ignore me! They always told me how insignificant I am in this Palace but have you ever reprimand them? Nooo! It was always me! I was the one who has to be patient with Jason because he’s healing. I was the one who has to be the bigger person with Damian because he’s learning. But don’t you realize I was healing and learning also? I am a fucking 15 years old what do you expect me to do!”

Tim can see Dick was about the retort but she cut him short.

“No! I do not want to hear your fucking excuses! Do you think you are better than them? You ignore my existence until you feel like interacting with me! You bail on me so many times that I could not even remember anymore. You think that I have been ignoring you and you think that it was unfair? Well, guess what? That was how you treat me all these years asshole!"

“And what did you just say, Your Majesty?  if you ignore him he will not feel appreciated? How do you think I feel all this time? You never appreciated me, you never even accepted me for who I am, it was always ‘be better Tim’. I am so sick of this! You defended Damian and scolded me when I am the one bleeding here! Gosh, am I that insignificant to you?” Tim presses her hands to her wound that opens up during her ranting.

There is a small puddle of her blood on the floor and upon seeing it Bruce snaps his gaze back to Tim. He pales rapidly and takes a step forward.

“Tim, I-”

“No, do not come any closer! I am tired of this! I am not doing this anymore!” Tim glares at all the Waynes whose eyes widen in shock. “I am sick of not being enough. I am stepping down as the Second Princess as of today. I am going back home to Bristol”

Bruce looks panicky. He begins to move to grab Tim before Luke intercepts. Bruce glares at him but Tim continues her rant.

“Remember what you told me, Your Majesty? When you said you want to adopt me? You said I can go back to Bristol anytime I want. So let’s do that yeah? I am going back to Bristol to take over the Grand Duchy, I am stepping down from the Second Princess position, and I am leaving the Wayne name behind. Now you do not need to worry about what other people might think about the Second Princess and your sons would not need to continue seeing this pretender”

Tim then leaves the dining room without a single glance back. She can hear a commotion. Voices raise, surprisingly Alfred’s voice could be heard among the raised voices.

But she does not care anymore. No more playing nice with the Waynes. No more going around trying to hide from the Waynes.

Now it’s time for her to cut ties. She is changing the future, might as well do something big.

Notes:

God, it is so satisfying to write this chapter... having written Tim finally done with all the bullshit the Waynes say and do... so satisfying... though I do have mixed feelings with Alfred, he's like Wally, he's Bruce's enabler... but he does treat Tim a little better than the others so Tim still think highly of him

Chapter 20: Side Chapter: Jason Peter "Jay" Todd-Wayne

Summary:

She was born a noble with Royal blood. She was kind and polite. She was smart too. The Royal Teachers were complimenting how brilliant Tim is in every chance they got. Even Dick who was always so cold with Jason was being all wonderful big brother with her.

Tim was everything Jason has hoped to be before he died.

That was why Jason hated Tim for the longest of time.

Notes:

Like with Dick's side chapter, here we will see how Jason sees his relationship with Tim and take a look at why he does the thing he does to Tim... and even though it does not excuse his horrible actions towards Tim, I think it will be fair to see things from his point of view.

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

It has been five days since The Dinner Incidents when Damian attacked Tim with a knife.

It was horrible. Tim got hurt because of it. Jason still remembered how the blood run down from Tim’s arm. He remembered feeling the green clouding his eyes when he saw it. When Fox threw Damian away from Tim, Jason nearly ran to attack Damian in turn. Artemis was the only reason he did not go berserk.

Jason tried to get out of Artemis hold but her hold was too strong, “For fuck’s sake! Control your Demon Child Bruce! Why the fuck does he suddenly going feral like that!” and of course Dikchead tried to defend the Demon Brat even though the brat was at fault.

“She was ignoring me! She dares to ignore me!”

You are not the only one she ignores Jason remembers thinking that.

Tim was adopted right after Jason was pronounced ‘dead’. When he got back from the Land of the Death, Tim was there being the perfect little heiress that everyone in the Palace likes.

She was born a noble with Royal blood. She was kind and polite. She was smart too. The Royal Teachers were complimenting how brilliant Tim is in every chance they got. Even Dick who was always so cold with Jason was being all wonderful big brother with her.

Tim was everything Jason has hoped to be before he died.

That was why Jason hated Tim for the longest of time. He attacked Tim the first time he saw her. He almost killed her if not for Fox protecting her. Bruce was furious at him for that.

But did little Tim blame Jason and get angry at him?

No, little Tim decided to forgive Jason. Even going as far as begging Bruce to forgive him.

Even after numerous attempts at hurting her, and so many insults, Jason threw her away, Tim still treats Jason as if he never hurt her. She even saw him as a hero of some sort. She told him that he was ‘her Robin’. 

It was during the time where Jason has some calm in his life that he begins seeing Tim differently. Jason was in the library reading the new books they have sent from the Capital when Tim came. They were silent before Jason heard the sound of books falling down.

When he looked up from his book, he saw Tim surrounded by books.

Because Jason has promised Artemis to try and manage his anger better. He ended up having some sort of conversation with Tim when she confesses her admiration towards him.

After that, he notices all the little things about Tim, like how Tim’s eyes will light up every time Jason pays attention to her and the awe she has when she saw Jason’s training. Tim was the only one who still sees Jason as a good person when all of the Waynes did not.

Bruce sees him as a time bomb. Cassandra sees him as a threat. Dickhead sees him and remembers the little kid from the Alley. Damian sees him as a commoner taking his place.

But Tim sees him as a hero and he will be damned if he does not become one. (That’s one of the reasons Jason decides to take over the Outlaws).

After the dip into the Lazarus Pit, Jason has struggled to maintain his anger. During his bad days, every little thing infuriates him. And Tim is one of the things that always infuriates him the most. Her existence in the Palace is always a reminder about how Bruce replaces him even before his body went cold.

He is trying though. He really is.

Artemis and Roy have helped a lot in trying to manage his anger. He even went to seek Lady Leslie for help.

It is a process with Tim. Jason tries to limit the time he hurt and insults her. It is slow but Artemis and Lady Leslie have reassured him that he is changing. He always thinks that he has time. He has all the time left in their life to become better and make it up with Tim.

But Fate always likes to fuck with him.

After being poisoned everything changes with Tim. Their dynamic changes and Jason can not help but think that he is too late. The Dinner Incident only makes Jason realize that if he does not do something soon then Tim will really leave for Bristol. And all the opportunities to make amends will be gone.

He tried to help with the investigation of finding the real culprit of her assassination attempt. He had found the old man who confesses to him about the Baron bastard. He wanted to take the full credit for finding the culprit when Artemis reminded him of his jurisdiction. Jason can not put his name and title in the case because the one who is responsible for the case is Fox who is under the bastard Crown Prince.

So even though he wanted to use his contribution as a way to make Tim see him as her hero again, he decided to not do that and follow the correct procedure.

(Because despite popular beliefs, and how he acts, there is a tiny bit of Jason who wants to make nice with his big brother again)

But it ended up being the wrong thing to do because the breakfast he crashed was a complete disaster. He never thought that Tim’s eyes could be that cold.

He had sent a letter to Roy hoping that the redhead can keep an eye on Tim for Jason whilst there. Roy told him how Dick seemed to have done something that makes Tim go with someone else. A vassal, he thinks. Someone unimportant.

Jason has come to see the Crown Prince and pried some information from him when the Crown Prince broke down crying and told him how cold Tim was to him.

And isn’t it something that Big Brother Extraordinaire also loses his chance with Tim. What a bunch of fuck up they are.

Tim managed to avoid all the Waynes for the whole four months after the Ball before she has to surrender to Alfred’s demand. Jason knew that Dick was determined to be in Tim’s good graces again so he does not have to worry that he will fuck up again.

But he forgets about the other two assholes in Tim’s life. It ended with a disaster of epic proportion. It’s been years since Jason saw Alfred that angry.

For the past five days, Jason tries to meet with Tim but she completely locks herself at her Palace. Jason never wanted to breach the sanctuary that is Tim’s private place. But at this point, Jason is pretty inclined to just go there and talk to her.

But then Fate decides to give one more ‘fuck you’ to Jason Todd.

Today is another bad day for Jason. He woke up from having a nightmare about his death. Jason is irritated. He has yelled at his maids this morning over tea and he even managed to make one of his footmen cry.

Artemis gives him a long lecture after that and relieves him of his duty for the rest of the day.

“You need to calm down Your Grace. These people did not deserve your anger. Go to the library and go back here when you have calmed down enough”

So here is Jason in the library trying to muffle down anger and green. When Jason walks down to the Science section of the library, he sees Tim.

Blue-grey eyes meet Jason’s teal one.

Tim looks good, her long sleeve hides the bandages wrapped around her upper arm but Jason knows it's there. Her eyes are cold when she looks at Jason. No longer the awe he sees in there, only annoyance. Which just makes Jason more annoyed.

But what makes him furious is the formal greeting she gives.

“I, Timoti Drake of Bristol, greets the Second Prince of Gotham, His Royal Highness Jason Todd-Wayne”

Dread fills Jason's heart then rage surges forward. Tim has been using the formal title in all of her greetings during these past months, it is apparent that she is cutting ties with all the Waynes. She used to be so proud of the fact that her last name has ‘Wayne’ in it and also the title of ‘the Second Princess’.

Even with the many attempts, Jason made to take her out of the family, Tim still wears the name and the title, and Jason is silently delighted at the fact that the name makes them connected.

It’s too late

The already shitty day just becomes worst and Jason let the madness takes over. He screams at Tim and grabs her injured arm right where the bandages are. She flinches and tries to get away from Jason but it only succeeded in making him even madder.

“What the fuck is your problem? Why are you avoiding me, dammit!” Jason can hear the increase in the volume of his voice and sees in his peripheral vision the librarian runs out to call for a guard.

Tim hisses when Jason’s grips tighten, “answer me!”

“Your Highness, I don-”

“Stop with the excuses Replacement! What are you doing!? You said that I was your hero! Why aren’t you looking at me like that anymore!?”

“Your Highness, I-”

“Shut up!! Do you think that I am not capable of being a hero anymore? Do you think that I am the same as the Waynes? That’s why you are avoiding me? Is that it!?”

There are hands that try to make Jason let go of Tim. Hands that push his shoulder and hands that claw at his hand but they are not strong enough. Jason hears yelling at some point but he is too busy focusing on the expression on Tim’s face.

It is anger.

Tim is angry at him. Something that Jason never think he will see. Tim never got angry at him even though he was shitty at her she never gets angry. Tim always forgives him no matter what.

But here she is clawing at his hand, glaring at him with the intensity of a thousand sun.

It strikes Jason more than that bloody Clown ever did. Tim really has decided to leave the Waynes, to leave Jason. There will be no one admiring him anymore. There will be no more shy requests for escort anymore. There will be no one saying he is ‘her Robin’ anymore.

He has missed his chance.

There is a sharp pain in his right jaw before the world tilted and Jason makes contact with the floor. Bright red catches his attention and he sees Artemis standing between Jason and Tim. She looks disappointed in Jason. She orders him to stay on the ground while Fox and a maid help steady Tim.

There is red in her upper arm, proof that Jason has once again hurt her.

“I said to calm down Your Grace not to attack the Second Princess” Artemis starts when Tim and her staffs leave the library, “I thought you said that you want to connect with the Princess?”

Jason just lowers his head. He can still feel the rage from Lazarus clouding his mind. He does not trust the word that comes out of his mouth, he is afraid that he will say something that will hurt Artemis. One person is enough for today.

Artemis sighs and grabs Jason’s upper arm to get him to stand. She then ushers him out of the library and into the hall. Jason yanks his arm out of her grip and head to his Palace.

It is quite the walk and Jason uses that time to control his breathing. He needs to calm down. He can not keep letting the madness takes over.

He feels the tingling sensation and the tightening of his chest after he has an episode like this. Jason reaches out and leans against a wall. He can not breathe with all the tightness in his chest. And it all gets worst when the guilt sets in.

He has gripped Tim’s injured arm so hard that the wound reopened. He remembered the red that tainted the yellow dress. Suddenly everything is red.

He slides along the wall, sitting down on the hall outside of his bedroom.

There are noises all around him. People saying his name, people walking away from him, people walking towards him. Every sound just gets louder and Jason covers his ears with his hands hoping that it will drown the sound.

He shuts his eyes and tries the breathing method Roy has taught him that helps with this.

He does not know how long it took for him to calm down but when he does, he sees that outside was getting dark. The snow is falling down, covering the leaves of the trees outside.

Artemis is standing beside him, not too close in case it suffocates Jason but close enough if Jason wants to grab her to steady him.

The Prince looks up at his aide and friend and sees the concern in her eyes. Artemis never is one who shows how empathetic she really is. She has maintained a cold demeanor as his personal knight but deep down she is one of the most caring people Jason ever knew.

And she cares about Jason a lot.

She always tries to help Jason. She helps with Jason's sudden outbursts of anger. She helps Jason with his work as the Second Prince. She helps Jason with his relationship with Roy. She helps with Jason’s attempt to overcome his insecurities.

The most important is she helps Jason with trying to have a better relationship with Tim.

Well, now all her efforts have gone to waste.

“I fucked up didn’t I?”

The redhead sighs, “You did”. She never sugar-coated things with Jason something that he appreciated after years of being surrounded by liars.

“Fuck, I was getting better! I didn’t attack her for a whole year and now…” Jason brings his fist down the floor beside him. Channeling his frustration over his failed progress.

“I’ll never be able to make amends with Tim”

Artemis hums, she tilts her head down before deciding to sit beside Jason. “I don’t think that it is too late yet”

“Oh come on, after that shit show? I am lucky if she ever lays her eyes on me again”

“The Second Princess is someone quite forgiving I believe”

Jason scoffs at that “You did not see her eyes Arty, she was angry at me. She never got angry at me”

“Perhaps she never did, but people always have their limit. The Princess reaches hers now but that does not mean that she stops being forgiving. I saw the capacity of Her Highness’ heart and I must say it is quite large.”

“No, it’s too late. She will be gone in two days and she will never go back”

“Jason” and the use of his name without his title makes him look at her. She is staring at him with a soft smile “You know why I think she will accept your apology?”

Jason shakes his head.

“Because I saw the way she looked at you before she leaves the library. You were non-verbal for quite a while after I punch you, and in the Second Princess’ eyes I saw concern”

Jason looks at her like she has lost her mind because there is no way that Tim is concerned about Jason after Jason gripped her injured arm and reopen her wound. “No, she will never forgive me. This is the limit of her patient. She will never ever forgive me no matter how big her heart is.”

“Of course she will not forgive you now. Do you know why? Because you have not apologized yet” Artemis holds her hands up signaling for Jason to let her finish talking “I guaranteed you Jason if you apologize sincerely the Princess will accept it”

Jason hopes that it is true even though his heart knew it will not be. Because who will forgive someone who tried to kill, and still hurt you? If Tim never forgives Jason then it is what he deserves. Even though it makes Jason’s heart squeezes painfully.

“Jason, I assure you that if you were to apologize, the Second Princess will accept it. You have my word” she puts her hand on Jason’s shoulder and squeeze it in reassurance.

And isn’t that a boost to his hope. Artemis never throws her words around lightly. She has raised a warrior and to them words are sacred. That is why when she gives him her Oath, Jason feels like he is given a gift from God.

When you have an Amazon promising to be your sword and shield, you know that you will always have a loyal friend who will defend you no matter what.

“Do you believe so?”

“Yes, and you know if you explain to her about your condition, not as an excuse but to make the Princess see things from your perspective, she will definitely help you with your anger. After that, you just have to keep trying to show her that you are changing. She will accept your apology but she may not forgive you until she knows for sure that you have changed.” she gives Jason a small smile “Apologize then try to show her you want to have a good relationship with her.”

And with that Jason is determined to make sure that he has the best apology. One that really conveys how truly sorry he is about all of his past actions. Maybe Tim will never truly forgive him but maybe she will at least accept his apology. After that maybe they could become closer.

Maybe they can be brother and sister again.

Maybe Tim will see him as her Robin again.

Notes:

So, here are some differences between Dick and Jason:
-Dick sees Tim as a second chance at being a big brother, Jason sees Tim as someone replacing him
- Dick loves Tim, Jason hates Tim
- Dick neglects her, Jason physically abuses her
- Dick uses Tim as his emotional battery, Jason uses Tim as his punching bag
-Dick uses Tim as a stabilizer for his hectic life so even when things go south around him, Tim will still be there to make him believe that everything is still okay
- Jason uses Tim as an ego booster and a reassurance that despite everything he did after his resurrection, he is still Tim's hero and the subject of Tim's admiration
- Dick doesn't try to change, Jason does
- Dick only has enablers, Jason has someone calling out his bullshit
Though, ultimately they have the same thought: They still have time with Tim because she will always be there. Too bad for them that Tim in this timeline realizes their abusive actions and decides to leave.

I tried to show that Jason in this story has an intermittent explosives disorder because of the Pit, but I am no expert so the description may not be entirely true since I only rely on articles from Google. And a special shout out to Artemis for being the voice of reason

Chapter 21: Side Chapter: Lucas "Luke" Fox

Summary:

And just like that, she is back to become the Tim that he knows. Tim whose eyes shine bright with a little mischief even when a shy smile adorns her face.

She is still my Babybird

Notes:

I'm sorry this is another side chapter but it still takes place right after the library incident at the end! These are some highlights of important moments of Luke and Tim's relationship!

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

“Luke, the King has ordered you to become the Second Princess’ personal knight”

“I thought that title is given to Sir Robert? "

“Well, the Princess was attacked two days ago and Sir Robert failed to protect the Second Princess. The Crown Prince was furious at the knight”

“Ah, that's not good”

Dick is always temperamental

“He is actually the one recommended you to the King. Well, His Majesty said to me he agrees because he believes in the Crown Prince’s judgment and our family, but since you are a new recruit, you will have eyes on your every move”

“Right, they think I can do the job but are still skeptical that I can actually do it. That makes sense”

“Be careful with your words Lucas. You should not fail to protect the Princess”

“I know Dad. I know” 

Ugh, am I really going to be reduced to a glorified babysitter for a spoiled Princess?


“Greetings Sir Lucas, it is a pleasure to meet you, Sir”

“The pleasure is all mine, Second Princess”

Why is she so small?

“I apologize that you are stuck with me, Sir Lucas. I know that being a personal knight might not be the most exciting in a knight’s career, especially being a knight to someone like me, but I hope that we can work together well” 

“Ah, yes... um,” how come she is so meek? Isn’t she a Drake? “I hope that we can work together well, Second Princess”


“I, Sir Luke Fox of the Knight Order, greets the Second Princess of Gotham, Her Royal Highness Timoti Drake-Wayne”

“Sir Luke! You Came!”

“Of course, I wanted to see how my Babybird is doing”

Oh, there’s the blush. How cute! Tam and Tiffany will be so jealous!

“I am doing better every day, thanks to Lady Leslie. She told me that if I kept on drinking the medicine she brewed me, my cast might be changed to something lighter so I can at least walk around the room”

“Getting bored just laying in bed are we?”

“*huff* you have no idea!”

“*laugh* Well, I will tell Tam to visit you sometimes this week so she can at least entertain you”

“*gasp* don’t! I know Lady Tam is busy with her study to take over the Duchy! I don’t want to be a bother!”

“You never will Babybird, you never will”

I hope that she can always smile like this.

“Your Highness, I… actually, I heard that you have begged the King to reduce the punishment for Prince Jason? I must remind you that he attacked you, and you have several broken bones because of him. Not to mention the bruises! I don’t think that man should be forgiven, Your Highness”

“But-but I was fine, you protect me… and he was right to attack me”

“.…what?”

“He was right to attack me. I-I did take his place. He died and I replaced him. And-and he was a great Robin while I don’t even know how to fight. So, of course, he… of course he got mad because someone inadequate took his place”

“Princess, that is simply not true! You did not take his place and you are adequate. You are amazing! I am always in awe of the things My Lady can do! I swear to follow My Lady’s footsteps because you are simply the most amazing person I have ever met”

“No, do not lie to me Sir Luke, I-I know that I was not the chosen one like Dick or Cass or Jason... I am… I was just here because Bruce does not have any other choice”

“That’s not true, My Lady! King Bruce wants you here. He loves you that is why you are here and that is why you are the Princess”

“Please do not lie to me Sir Luke, I *sob* I do not need your lie when I know the truth” 

“If the Princess did not believe me when I told you that you are wanted here then I will show you through my action, My Lady”


“Your Highness, I beg of you please, at least come for a couple of minutes. The Princess has been wondering about Your Highness for weeks now. Just a simple visit will definitely lift the Princess’ spirit”

“Sir Luke, I told you that I am currently busy. I already asked you to be the one by her side and make sure that she is content in her recovery. Are you saying that you can not do your job?”

“No, Crown Prince, I have been doing my absolute best to make sure the Princess is content”

“Then why are you wasting my time with this?”

“Prince Richard, the Princess has been asking about your next visit for the last couple of weeks. I can see how sad she is hearing that you are busy. She misses you”

“So she misses me huh”

Wait… why are you smiling like it is good news?

“Tell her that I also miss her so much and I can not wait to see her again but Jason is my top priority right now. I can not afford to let Jason think that he is unwanted in this family. Besides, Jason and I haven’t seen each other for years, I… there are so many things that I have done wrong in the past when it comes to him. This is my chance to make it right. Tim will understand”

You used to hate Jason.

“That is why I am begging for only a couple minutes of your time, Your Highness. It will mean a lot to the-”

“Luke, I am not going to repeat myself. Leave this room immediately” 

“Yes, Your Grace”


“I am sorry to wake you like this Your Highness”

“Sir Luke? What’s wrong? The swear-in ceremony is tomorrow, you should be sleeping”

“I know, My Lady but I just… I want you to know that this does not change anything. I am still your knight even though I am now the Captain, my loyalty will always be to you first. I am here to offer you my personal oath”

“Oh, that… um, you don’t have to... I mean… being the Captain means you will be busy with new responsibilities. I rather you focus on fulfilling those responsibilities than focusing on your loyalty to me. And your personal oath, are you sure you want to give it to me? I am… Wouldn’t it be better to give it to someone special to Sir Luke?”

You always think you are not worth the affection people have for you. I wish that you will see that people love you because you are you

“Tim, I told you that I will show you how much I care about you. This is me showing it. I know that being the Captain means I have new responsibilities and I can not spend my time by your side all the time like before. But I want you to know that my words are real, they are not just lip service because you were my lady. I genuinely care for you. That is why I am giving you my personal oath as proof because even if my duty as Captain takes me away from you, my oath will make sure that I will always be bound to you”

“*sob* I do not think I deserve something so sacred”

“You do Babybird you do…. here be careful with the sword. You have been thought how to recite the oath right?”

“*nod*” 

“Good”

“By the power invested in me by-by His Majesty, King Bruce Wayne of Gotham,  as the Second Princess of Gotham I, Ti-Timoti Jeanette Drake-Wayne, appointed you as my loyal knight... do you solemnly swear to put your loyalty to me and o-only me? To become my sword in my time of need? To become my shadow if it is ever required?”

“I, Sir Lucas Fox of the Knight Order, do solemnly swear to the Second Princess of Gotham, Her Royal Highness Timoti Jeanette Drake-Wayne that I will only be loyal to her and only her. I will put my heart and soul to become the sword that will protect her and vanquish her enemy. I will become her shadow to do the things she requires so she will never have to sully her hands. I will follow her until the end of the sun, and I will be with her until the scythe brought down”

I will make sure that you will never suffer and you will never be alone. I will protect you from your enemy and all the people that try to harm you even from the Waynes

 “With this... with this, you are bound by your words and your loyalty to me. I will accept your oath and I will name you... Belfry”


“Are you okay Your Highness?” Luke sees how Tim hisses when she accidentally moves her injured arm, but like always she will smile and say she is fine. Like every time she gets hurt. “I apologize for not being there Your Highness”

Tim laughs at that, “Well, I did tell you and Sir Bernard that I want some alone time in the library. It is not your fault nor it is Sir Bernard’s” she gives Luke a small smile. She looks around then asks, “Speaking of Sir Bernard, where is he?”

“Ah, he is currently outside. He felt so guilty leaving you that he looks like he is ready to march down to the prison”

Poor Bernard. He is a capable knight, and Luke can see how guilty he is by this whole thing. The kid was appointed as the Princess’ new personal knight after the poison incidents. He has promised Luke that he will protect the Princess no matter what after learning about the previous knight’s failure.

So far the Princess has been hurt two times in the span of five days. First the incident at dinner and now this confrontation with Prince Jason. He must feel terrible right now. Luke might have to make sure that the young knight knows he is not at fault.

“Poor Sir Bernard, he was so happy this morning when I told him I’m feeling well enough to leave my bedroom. He must be feeling awful”

“He is Your Highness, but it will be fine. I will explain to him that the incident at the library is not his fault.” Tim gives him a nod at that “besides, I don’t think that he can do much against Prince Jason. He will never be able to win a fight against the Red Hood.”

Tim gives a sympathetic hiss at that.

Prince Jason has stopped attacking Tim for around a year now. But before, he sometimes would attack Tim when he was irritated. Tim’s personal knights will try to protect the Princess but the amount of scar they accumulated from each attack always managed to make the Physician in the Palace grimace.

Usually, Lady Artemis or Luke himself were the ones who will subdue Prince Jason or will get the Princess out of the way. (Princess Cassandra too if she visited. Never the other Waynes though).

It is understandable if Bernard would not be able to protect her against Jason because even Luke can not win against the Second Prince most of the time. He would either try to distract the Second Prince long enough so that Tim can escape or he just grab Tim and run away as fast as he can.

Lady Artemis, however, will just punch the Prince in the face and tell him to stop.

“Why did the Prince attack you all of the sudden? He stopped doing so for over a year, what makes him do it again?”

Like always, Tim immediately comes up with an excuse to defend the action of the Second Prince. Luke listens while trying so hard to not interrupt the Second Princess. He wants to just shake Tim and tells her that she needs to stop defending the Waynes. She was doing great so far in giving the Waynes zero fuck as they deserve but Prince Jason is always her weakness.

He was her Robin Luke thoughts she will always have a soft spot for him

But then something shocking happens.

In the middle of her speech, Tim freezes and curses, “Damn! I am doing it again!”

Luke is beyond shock. Tim never cusses. Such language was never utter by the Princess. She was the most polite, most articulate Princess. Luke even thought that the Princess is someone incapable of uttering those words.

But now she cusses like it was something she did frequently. And she did it before during dinner! She was throwing a couple of curse words during her ranting that makes Luke disassociated for a couple of seconds. Because…. what?

Though he guesses, this is something that should not be surprising with the amount of strangeness surrounding Tim since she woke up from the poison.

It is something small. Not noticeable if you do not really know the Princess well. She is still the same. Her mannerism, the way she speaks, her smiles, and all the other things. But there is just a slight difference in her eyes.

Luke has seen those eyes before.

It was the eyes of someone going through the horror of life.

Tim’s eyes somehow reflect deep grief and sorrows that were never there before. She seems to age during the four days she battling the poison. Her eyes seem colder, warier, and more calculated.

He almost confronted her but after seeing how it makes her change her interaction with the other Waynes, he kept his observation to himself.

Because this is what Luke wants, for Tim to realize that she is worthy of the title of the Second Princess and she did not need to listen to the Waynes who like tell her otherwise.

Feeling his eyes on her, Tim slaps her hand to cover her mouth and turns a little to lock eyes with Luke. A couple of seconds passed before she lifts her hands and smiles sheepishly at him, “Um, did you hear that?”

And just like that, she is back to become the Tim that he knows. Tim whose eyes shine bright with a little mischief even when a shy smile adorns her face.

She is still my Babybird

“Apology Your Highness, I think I did not hear anything, could you kindly repeat what you have said?” Luke teases her a little bit, grinning from ear to ear. Both of them knew that Luke hear loud and clear.

Tim shakes her head a little, smiling so wide that Luke can help but laugh.

“First you try to learn how to fight, and now cussing? What will become of our precious Second Princess, I wonder”

At that Tim give him a little smirk that she wears whenever she was planning something, “She will become the greatest Grand Duchess Gotham has ever seen yet”

“So you are serious about stepping down as the Second Princess?” that makes Luke a little sad somehow. If Tim wants, she could rise to become the Crown Princess. His Master is more than capable to do so.

“Yes, I am. I have contacted Lady Dana and the preparation for my moving back to Bristol is almost finished. With the rate we are going, I am able to leave in two days time”

Luke hums at that.

He looks around and when he sees how the maid is poking at the fire on the fireplace, pretending to not see or hear anything to give the two privacy. He asks Tim to scoot over a little then sits down next to her. Right after he sits down, Tim puts her head on his shoulder, sighing in contentment.

This is another thing that changes. Even though Luke did not hide how he cares for the Princess like a sister, the Princess never sees him as a brother. She cares about him, Luke does not doubt that, but before she was too busy trying to make Dick -and sometimes Jason- pay attention to her.

But now she seems to realize that Luke is here and he will gladly give all the attention and affection she wants.

She becomes more affectionate with him. She hugs him more, lets him walk her whenever he sees her, and she even lets him kiss her forehead more when the rest of the court did not see.

Luke feels warm whenever Tim shows affection. She used to be shy, thinking she does not deserve it because she kept chasing the people who did not even care for her. Now, she just silently demand it from him.

Luke is so happy whenever it happens.

(and if he feels a little bit smug after hearing how Tim ignores Dick now, well no one could blame him. He is still bitter about Dick’s response those many years ago)

“I will miss you when you’re gone”

Tim laughs, “Bristol is just five hours by carriage if you miss me just come visit”

“Well, if the Lady of the Land gives the permission” Tim turns her head a little, and Luke could see the blinding smile she gives him. Gosh, I wish you could smile like this always. “The Knight Order might not be happy if I go visit you whenever I miss you because I will miss you every day. I have a responsibility as the Captain” Luke exaggerated his sigh.

That makes Tim giggle.

“You could visit during your off days. You can even visit with Lady Barbara!”

“Hmm, such a brilliant idea. What would I do without our genius Lady?” Luke started to card his fingers through Tim’s hair. He knows it is something a knight should never do to his Lady. It is inappropriate but Tim is his sister and this small gesture is always a guarantee in convincing Tim that he loves her.

So screw other people who think they can dictate the way they have to interact with each other.

They stay like that for an hour before Luke has to go to his office and read the afternoon report. Tim with her head resting on his shoulder and Luke’s fingers carding through her hair. They talk about the things that they will do when Luke and Barb visit her in Bristol. They even talk about the wedding and how Tim will become the greatest Aunt/Godmother to his future children.

Luke just listens to the Princess’ story. Trying to cherish this moment forever.

Notes:

I don't know why but I really like the idea of Tim being adopted by the Fox, Tim deserves a sibling that cares for her so here is Luke being a good big brother who loves the babybird so much...
I wanted to put a lot more detail on Luke and Dick's relationship since Luke in this story becomes what Dick used to be (Tim's older brother, Barbara's fiancee) but the focus here is Tim and Luke's relationship so I included only a tiny detail of it here. But know that their relationship is also complex because of what Luke's become and their status as employer and employee... and that fuel some petty jealousy on both part LOL

Dick: *being an awful big brother to Tim*
Luke: Fine, I'll do it myself

Chapter 22: Chapter 15: A Woman's Heart

Chapter Text

Tim feels sad when Luke has to go back to his office to read the afternoon report. It felt good when he carded his fingers through Tim’s hair and scratched at her scalp every once and a while. Luke has such a big and rough hand but whenever he pets her hair he was always so gentle.

Tim never felt more loved than at that moment.

Stephanie is currently helping Tim with her bath and they talk about the upcoming move to Bristol. Steph is exciting to move back to Bristol, their hometown. Even though Steph will visit the Grand Duchy on her day-offs, she could only afford a couple of days visiting her mom and her friends. It is different now because they will be in Bristol permanently.

Unlike Tim who never leaves the Drake Estate, Stephanie actually knows her way around the Grand Duchy. She is a daughter of the Brown family, a well-known family of physicians. So, even though she is an aristocrat, she actually interacts with the people living in Bristol.

Her house is a clinic and an academy for young physicians where she made friends with people who come and go to either get treated or learn the art of physician.

She is really eager to go back home and see the people there.

The people of Bristol did not care about the fact that Stephanie’s family loses their noble title. They never like Arthur Brown to begin with, when he got executed every single one of them silently congratulated Steph and her mom for being free from the man. Only people in high society make a fuss about Steph’s status.

While bathing and getting ready for bed, both girls make plans of what they will do in Bristol. Steph promises to bring Tim to meet with her friends that she still write to and to bring Tim to places she hangs out during her off day.

Tim gets more excited the more Steph talk about the things that the Bristol commoner’s kid like to do. Frankly, the things the commoner teenage girls do in their free time sound more fun than what noble teenage girls like to do.

They agree it will be more authentic if Tim disguises herself so the others will not feel reluctant to show Tim around Bristol. In her head, she has come up with an alias and a background story for that alias.

She can’t wait for Caroline Hill to make her debut!

“...and when we go to the lower state we can go and visit this sweet shop that runs by this very old lady who owns this really cute and chubby ginger cat! I went there on my off days a month ago and the cat was pregnant! So we might be able to play with some kittens, My Lady!” Steph explains excitedly.

“Oh my, I am really looking forward to that”

“Then of to bed with you! Tomorrow we still have things to do! And in two days we will be back home!”

Tim laughs and goes to her bed, “In two days we will be back home” Tim climbs to her bed and says good night to Steph. The blond says it back and goes out of Tim’s bed. She can hear the knights outside greeting Steph and the echoes of her footsteps leaving Tim’s chamber.

Tim sighs and tries to go to sleep. But when she is just on the verge of sleeping, she feels a cold breeze then her bed dip. She lest out an annoyed sigh.

“Hey no need to get irritated missy, I’ve told you that I will visit you”

“Yes, however, I was under the impression that you will visit me during normal hours” Tim does not sit up and does not look at Slade. She was this close to falling asleep and after being so busy with her moving she felt like a night of good sleep is well deserved. So she will not let Slade ruin that for her.

“Gotham at night is so dark and shadowy, perfect for sneaking around, I can't resist” Tim feels movement when Slade makes himself comfortable at the foot of Tim’s bed “hey, Princess, are you listening? Don’t tell me you fall asleep?”

Tim sighs, “You are here to deliver the item, yes? Then leave it at the desk there, I will see it in the morning”

She hears Slade whistling before the weight at her bed disappears, “So is this how you truly act? Didn’t know you are this grumpy and bossy”

Tim does not reply. She hears a ‘thud’, assuming that the mercenary has put the item on her desk. She sighs once more and tries to go to sleep. She can think about the item and the plans for it later in the morning. She will wake up before the time Steph normally comes and hides the item then think about her plans after having her morning tea.

Yes, sounds like a good plan

Except that Slade decides that he want to have a talk instead.

“So is that it? Not even a thank you?”

“....”

“Wow, and here I thought that I have done such a good job. I follow every instruction you know”

“....”

“I even stick to the timetable! I did not waste any second!”

“....”

“What do you want to do with the item anyway? No... how do you know about the item? Your instruction was super specific and impossible to really know if you do not have the knowledge beforehand, and you know what the people at that temple told me? Only their people know about the story about the item and the curse”

“....”

“And here you are knowing exactly when the item will show up and how to get it”

“Gosh, are we really going to be discussing this tonight? If you have not noticed yet, I am trying to sleep”

Slade snickers at that before sitting back at Tim’s bed. Tim feels the sleepiness disappears and gives an annoyed huff. She sits up and leans against the headboard. She glares at Slade but the man just gives her a shrug and a smirk.

Tim tries to count her breath. As much as she wants to smack that smirk out of the man’s face, she is aware of the fact that her current body is still not enough to do so. Slade, even though he can be seen as laid back, is one of the strongest mercenaries in Gotham. In the continent even, based on rumors of him being contracted by people from outside of Gotham.

Tim still thinks that he might be able to fight Bruce and have a chance of winning.

Tim sighs one more time before getting up and walks to the desk where the mercenary placed the item. It was dark but since it's the full moon, the moonlight provides enough light for Tim to see the small beetle piece.

“That's what you want right?” Slade asks right behind her.

Tim is too tired to flinch at the sudden voice behind her ears but she does tighten her hold on the piece. She makes sure that Slade notices how sharp the horn of the piece is and angles it just so that it will definitely hit his throat if he makes a sudden attack.

Slade scoffs at her, raises his hands in surrender, then walks back to Tim’s bed. “You always surprised me, little missy. With that kind of skill, you might become a good mercenary” he gives a dramatic sigh and plops down the bed “If only I know of your talent, I might be persuaded to make you an apprentice”

“I am honored that you think so highly of me, but I think I will not be suitable for that kind of job” Tim inspect the piece again before hiding it in her false pocket in her suitcase that even Steph didn’t know about. “I believe I should thank you for your hard work”

Slade looks in her direction and raises his eyebrow, “A couple of minutes ago you are determined to ignore me”

“Well, you visited at the wrong time”

Tim makes a shooing motion so the man could get up from her bed and she could get some rest. Tim hopes that Slade did not come here right after a contract. She does not know how to explain if there is a bloodstain on her bed.

“So, it is just thank you and no explanation why you need that stone?”

“If you know what is best for you, you might want to stay content with being in the dark”

Slade scoffs but Tim hears the slight sound of her window being creak open letting the cold air in once again before silence fills the room.

Finally, some sleep


“I might need you to tell me where you find such a wonderful drink, Lady Maleate” Tim sips her drink and gives a little sigh of content “this is nothing like I ever taste before”

“I am glad that the Princess... er, I mean Lady Drake fancy the drink” Lady Maleate clears her throat, “It is a specialty from the Lantern Republic, they call it ‘coffee’. It is unusual and the bitterness needs some time to get used to but this is a drink that is said to give you ‘a burst of energy in the morning’. If the Prin-Lady wants, I will gladly give you the name of the supplier”

Tim nods in agreement.

The drink is really good. She can feel the burst of energy that Lady Maleate mentioned. Suddenly all the sleepiness Tim felt disappears. The feeling of tiredness that haunts her these past few days also seems to disappear.

This is truly a drink worth worship.  

The maid hand over a piece of paper containing the name of the supplier to Steph and the blond pockets the paper immediately.

“I feel like Lady Dana will like this drink also. We share a similar palette, you see”

“Ah, Lady Dana... of Bristol?”

“Yes, Lady Dana of Bristol”

“So, the rumor of your return to the Grand Duchy is true” Lady Maleate surely does not intend for Tim to hear what she said but Tim still hears it anyway. “I thought... Well, it does not matter what I thought. The Lady has politely requested to be addressed as Lady Drake so I will eagerly support the Lady’s decision”

“Thank you, Lady Maleate”

The rumor that the Wayne Royal Family had a fallout was spread right after Tim file paperwork on her retirement as the Second Princess.

The morning after the dinner, Tim marched into the Council Office and file the paperwork stating her request to step down from her current title. It was a shock to everyone in the Office that day.

It was something unprecedented for a member of the Royal Family to step down from the position of their own will and not because of marriage either.

The members of the Council were reluctant to give their approval right away and asked for some time. Though Tim’s paperwork was orderly and they have no real reason to reject Tim’s request because it is her birthright to be the Grand Duchess. She is after all the Heiress of Drake Grand Duchy.

But still, it is something so out of the blue that they decided to have a meeting to make a decision.

That’s when King Bruce caught wind of it and loudly interrupt the Council’s meeting. He was angry that they even think of considering Tim’s request. But Tim has done everything correctly and they saw no reason to reject so the least they could do is to have a discussion about it.

But King Bruce did not accept it. He made a big fuss about it that everyone outside of the Council Office ended up hearing about it and spread the news all over Gotham.

Tim was annoyed over the fact that King Bruce was trying to prevent Tim from leaving. After that whole mess on that dinner, he still thinks that Tim will just stay quiet like before? Not a chance.

(Steph told Tim that the Kitchen Staffs were all on edge because Alfred was upset with the way King Bruce handle the incident with Prince Damian. The King’s staff were also having to be extremely careful with Alfred since the Butler keeps being passive-aggressive with King Bruce. Tim feels a little bit bad about making Alfred upset, but when she feels the throbbing pain of her wound her resolve gets stronger)

“I hope that you are willing to allow me to visit you, Lady Drake. It is quite the carriage ride to Bristol but I still hope that we can maintain our relationship” the Baroness looks nervous. She stares into Tim’s eyes a little bit before continuing, “I never really been able to offer my gratitude towards My Lady for believing that my son and I are innocent”

“Lady Maleate, you don’t have to-”

“I know the Lady does not want any credit for her kindness and she does not want to hear any gratitude from me but will My Lady listen to it anyway? As a parting gift? I just…. I just want to make sure that the Lady leaves the Capital knowing that she has given something no noble will ever be able to give me”

“What do you mean Lady Maleate?”

“A second chance My Lady. A second chance at life… I.. “ the brunette chokes down a sob, “When I heard about what my husband did, I knew that my life ends with him. I knew that no matter how much I pleaded there will be no one who will listen. I am merely a Baroness and a crime against the Royal Family? I will never stand a chance to prove myself innocent

“But I was ready to resign to that, the only thing that scares me is the fact that my child will be accused the same thing. He is innocent, he’s twelve, Your Highness. And thinking that he has to end his life without ever reaching adulthood is probably the worst nightmare.”

Tim gets up from her seat and walks closer to the Baroness. She takes the seat next to the brunette, taking her hands and squeezing them in reassurance.

“Gotham value justice above all. There will be no way that the Court will allow the execution of an innocent” Tim stares at the Lady’s eyes trying to convey her believes.

“But that’s not the second chance you gave me My Lady” Tim made a confused noise prompting the Baroness to laugh half-heartedly, “No, you gave us the second chance of living when you propose for a partnership. Even though we are innocent, the people of Gotham see me as a murderer. They did not care what the Court says, they still think we are at fault”

Ah, yes the people of Gotham can be vicious when they want to. Tim can not imagine what life was like for the family before Tim formed a partnership with them.

“I am very grateful Your Highness and I will always follow you. I have promised you my name and I will always stay true to it”

“Lady Maleate, I did not form a partnership because of the kindness in my heart. It is for selfish reasons. I saw the potential of this industry and I want to seize it before it is too late”

Lady Maleate smile at that. She scrubs the corner of her eyes and straightens up. “But only someone with kindness will offer a partnership instead of taking full control of it.

Tim is left speechless after that. She does not know how to react. During this whole ‘mission’ of changing the future, Tim has thought that the only thing she did is pure selfishness. She manipulated the fate of other people to suit her needs to achieve the result she desires. She feels guilty about the way she does things sometimes. She feels like she is playing God and one day she will be paying the price.

But the way the Baroness phrase it, maybe there are some good from what Tim is doing?

They finish talking about business and soon Tim leaves the Maleate house. Inside the carriage, Steph gives the paper the maid gives her to Tim. She unfolds the paper and takes a peek inside.

We have put the spy on Roman Sionis’ place

Tim closes her eyes and counts her breathing.

“Is there any problem My Lady?” Steph’s voice is full of concern. Tim opens her eyes and sees the girl sitting in front of her. Alive and well. And Tim plans to keep it that way.

“There won’t be Steph” Tim folds the paper and hides it inside her dress, “There won’t be”

Steph looks like she wants to ask more but the carriage stops at an alley. It was a little bit dark and empty. Steph becomes alert because a dark and empty alley in Gotham always brings trouble.

There is a man standing outside of their carriage, dressed in a thick black winter coat with the hood covering his face.

Tim opens the window of the carriage a little bit, ignoring Steph's hissed command to stay put. The man walks a little bit closer but he does nothing to widen the gap of the carriage window nor does he try to open the door.

“I found him,” the man says while he hands over a piece of paper through the gap.

Tim takes the piece of paper and hides it with the other paper quickly. “Thank you, Bastien” the man nods and walks away from the carriage into the alley. The carriage then resumes moving.

“What was that?” the blond asks.

“What was what Steph?” Tim asks back.

The blond’s eyes narrow in disbelief before she huffs out an annoyed sound and says to include her in any part of her plan Tim wants her to partake. Ah, so she does know I am planning something

Tim smiles at her before closing her eyes and starts to put the new variables into her plans.

Chapter 23: Chapter 16: You Shall be Great

Summary:

Tim’s departure for Bristol is a bit of a drama. The Waynes (yes, all of them) are there when the staff goes to check the carriages and the luggage one last time. Tim who is there to inspect can not hide fast enough when the Waynes get out of their carriage and walk towards her.

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

Tim’s departure for Bristol is a bit of a drama. The Waynes (yes, all of them) are there when the staff goes to check the carriages and the luggage one last time. Tim who is there to inspect can not hide fast enough when the Waynes get out of their carriage and walk towards her.

She greets all of them seeing how every single one of them flinch at the cold and formal greeting.

It is an awkward silence for a couple of seconds before Prince Dick breaks down crying and begging her to not leave. Tim just stars at the Prince feeling anger rise up every time the Prince brought up the past.

King Bruce is also begging. Well, if you call stoically asking Tim to consider the decision again as begging.

Tim does not answer anything. She just directed the staff who comes to ask her for something.

Prince Damian is there too but he refuses to even look at Tim. Glaring at the carriages that will be going to Bristol and all the coachmen present.

Prince Jason stands near but was silent. He looks more resigned, Tim notices, like he knows how futile it is to beg for Tim to stay at the Palace. He knows that the dinner is the breaking point for Tim. But his eyes pleadingly look at Tim when she glances at him.

When Tim’s butler announces that it is time to leave, King Bruce and Prince Dick block her path. They begin frantically pleading for Tim to stay. Luke tries to peacefully persuade the King and the Crown Prince to let Tim go but it prompts a staredown between the three.

Luke placed his hand on the handle of his sword when the two refuse to move which makes Prince Dick takes a fighting stance, and King Bruce curls his hands into a fist.

But luckily, Alfred came and dissipates the situation before it becomes a fight. The Waynes are silenced by Alfred’s glare when he helps Tim into the carriage. Tim says goodbye to Alfred and the carriage moves.

Tim does not look back at the window.

The first hour of the ride is tense because of what happened in Tim’s former Palace. The King is a strong fighter. Everyone in Gotham knows that The Bat is scarily good at hand-to-hand combat and he is not someone who hesitate to take down people he considers as an enemy.

Even though Luke got the nickname ‘Batwing’ from the King, it will be nearly impossible for him to defeat King Bruce and Prince Dick in a fight without getting seriously injured. 

Though King  Bruce might be more willing to go easy on Luke in the account of him being Duke Lucius’ son, Prince Dick will not hesitate to beat Luke up. These past four months, there is some sort of feud going on between those two and they are waiting for the other shoe to drop.

Tim knows that their relationship is a little awkward when Lady Barbara and Luke get engaged. Tim thought that they have resolved the tension between them but looked like she is wrong.

Gosh, she does not want to see what happens during the wedding.

Tim is looking outside the carriage window when Steph moves from the seat in front of Tim to sit next to her. Tim makes a questioning noise when Steph closes the small window so that the coachman will not be able to hear anything.

“Are you alright?”

“Of course, why would you ask?”

Stephanie looks hesitant before grabbing Tim’s hand and wraps them with hers, “I know that you said that you do not care about the Waynes anymore, that you want to grow your influence. Though, I support your decision to take over the Grand Duchy, I can’t help but wonder…” she looks up at Tim. Staring with her eyes that are the color of the sea “I can’t  help but wonder if you feel sad about doing all this?”

And isn’t that the million gold question.

“You have been planning to become more influential as the Second Princess, I know we talked about you taking over when you reach 18…. but these past week has been awful and you are forced to take action”

“You were attacked and the King did not even show that he was concerned about you. He blamed you and you forced yourself to leave when I know you are not ready. Don’t even try to lie... I know that you are not ready to leave yet Tim, I know you. You will have all these plans in your head and the timeline for them but everything now just… you have to improvise and you hate that”

That is true before she has to go and find King Bruce. It might be the leftover of her Mother’s teaching. She has these whole life plans that she wants to stick to and being derailed from that plan always makes Tim upset.

But after she went to find King Bruce, she learns to always use his surrounding in her plans. Take advantage of everything and anything in any given situation. Become adaptable and flexible, that’s what she learned from her journey.

“And I know you are angry at them because of that, you are angry about how they treat you too, but you know that it is okay to be sad about leaving the life you grow up on, right?”

“Steph, I do not know what brought this on but I am fine, truly” Tim gives her a reassuring smile.

Steph stares at her for a couple of seconds, “If you are truly fine, then why do you look like you are about to cry?”

“...what?”

And as if they were waiting for a cue, tears start to stream down Tim’s cheek. “..what? I don’t… no, this is-”

“It’s okay Tim” Steph’s hands tighten slightly.

“No, no, no, I’m okay... I am! I really am!… this is” Tim releases her hand and tries in vain to scrub away her tears. They keep coming. It feels like a dam broken and the water streaming down.

Steph gives her a small sad smile and opens up her arms. Tim immediately throws herself to her Lady-in-Waiting’s arm and starts sobbing.

“It’s okay Tim, it’s okay” Steph starts to rub her hand on Tim’s back in a soothing move, “I know that this is awful but we will get through this. Me and you together”

Tim does not understand why she is suddenly feeling sad about leaving the Palace. She hates living there. She was never appreciated! She was constantly belittled, ignored, attacked… she was never loved. She is supposed to be happy finally leaving the Waynes behind. She should be!

But a small part of Tim knows why she is crying.

Because even though she was treated badly, there is a point in Tim’s life when she genuinely loves the member of the Royal Family. Even Prince Damian who makes it his life mission to get rid of Tim.

She loves the Waynes with all of her heart and a small part of her, the naive and optimistic part of her, silently prays that the Waynes will change. That they will notice how Tim has changed and will stop taking her for granted.

A small part of her, the little freshly orphaned girl, hopes to have her family back.

But the Dinner Incident shattered all the hope she has. It robs her of the slight hope that the Waynes will finally be on her side. It makes her realize that the chance for her to be part of their happy family is gone.

That is what the tears are for. It cries for the loss of a little girl’s dream.

“Hey, it’s okay just let it out… let the tears out” Steph kisses the top of her head, “We are going home, and we will start the rest of your plans yeah? You got me, Sir Bart, and Sir Luke, and Lady Maleate, and Lady Dana… you have the whole people of Bristol… and I’m telling you Tim they will love you”

Steph tightens her hold and Tim feels the warmth and the beating of her heart.

“This is a new life, the start of your new adventure. I will be with you every step of the way” she cups the crying girl’s jaw to make her look at the blond, “Mourn for your past but don’t let the future out of your sight. You promise me you want to gain power, you promise me you want to change your life. I am here for you Tim, and I shall make you great”

Tim closes her eyes and lets her head rest on Stephanie’s chest feeling the vibration when the blond hums. She lets the tears keep streaming. And she convinces herself with each drop falling down her cheek, the sadness becomes lessened.


It has been two weeks since her move to Bristol.

The Castle is the same, sure there are some renovations here and there, but overall the Castle still looks like the one she remembers from her childhood.

Tim never visits the Castle after she moved to the Royal Palace. The first few years, the pain was still raw and the reminder her parents were too painful to look at. Over the year, Tim just does not bother to visit because she began to think the Palace is her home.

But now she feels like the Castle is her home.

This is where her most happy memories are. Although her parents were strict and cold -and somewhat distant- this is the place where she was free. She does not have to keep looking behind her shoulder anticipating an attack, she does not have to be afraid of someone sneering and criticizing her, and she does not need to cry herself to sleep.

Tim thinks about Steph’s comment on her being blind, being too focused on the Waynes that she forgot everything else.

Maybe it was the obsession of being accepted as the Waynes that drove her ignorant of the other things happening to her. Maybe it was the promise of love the Waynes like to throw to placate her.

Or maybe it was the image of a smiling King Bruce, Prince Dick, and Prince Jason during Prince Jason’s first introduction to society.

Maybe she longs to be in that small happy circle.

But now she has chosen to move back to Bristol away from the Waynes. She remembers the people that are in her corner now; Stephanie, Luke, Bart, Lady Dana, the Ives, and Lady Maleate. They choose to be with Tim even though Tim did not offer much to them.

They never ignore her, they never say unpleasant things to her, and they certainly never try to kill her.

At night when she allows herself to be vulnerable, she questions every decision she had made in the past. Why would she sacrifice so much for people who never even show her any attention?

Lady Dana was so happy when Tim came. She tackled Tim into a hug that made them lay down on the ground not minding the snow piled up. They laugh at how horrified look on the Butler’s face at the prospect of cleaning the snow from their winter coat. The night after they had dinner, they have a long-overdue conversation about their relationship. (Though it is a little weird to know so much about your parents’ love life, it is still nice to know that your parents actually love you in their own way).

While it is still hard for Tim to call Lady Dana ‘mother’ especially in public, they did have a closer relationship than before. In the past, Tim was grieving after hearing about Conner, and the added truth about her parent's relationship was just making her lash out at Lady Dana.

(Maybe if Lady Dana has the courage to speak to Tim before that, they might reach a comfortable level to refer each other familiarly in public).

The first few days were spent making herself familiar with the Castle and its staff. Remembering their names, schedules, and duties.

Now, Tim decides to go out and see the people of Bristol.

The news of her stepping down as the Second Princess has been announced officially by the Council despite the Waynes’ effort to cover it up. The people of Bristol are already aware and eager to meet with the Heiress of Bristol.

There are already several requests for an audience with Tim, even though she won’t be accepting any until after she memorizes all the assets, the businesses, and the recent problems in Bristol. People want to see for themselves, the Second Princess who turned away the Waynes.

Tim decides to take a stroll instead of being in a carriage so that she can get the feel of the land better.

Sir Bernard is anxious behind her. Flinching every time there is a sudden movement in his peripheral sight. Stephanie on the other hand is excited. She skips around and greets people that she knew. She will introduce some people to Tim when she feels that it is important and will stop and play with the children that came to see them.

Tim greets and plays with some of the children who are brave enough to come closer. Most will be too shy to even look at her because she was a Princess. There are some who got chastised by their parents for being rude. But there is a small number that does not care about etiquette and gives Tim a hug.

One of the children even grabs Tim’s hand at one point and drags her to an orphanage run by the Church.

(Every single adult and knight are horrified of the child's action but because they see how Tim laughs while being pulled and how Steph follows behind while dragging another child, they do nothing)

There is an open field beside the Church where children are playing some sort of game with a ball. ‘handball’ Stephanie had told her. It looks a little bit violent where the children keep hitting each other with the ball but none of the adults interfere. They even cheer with the children when one of them manages to hit the other. The children are all enthusiastic even with the cold winter, they run around the field without care.

It is fun watching it after Tim got used to the sound of the ball hitting a child.

During that game she sees a child with hair the color of strawberry, blue eyes, sitting alone under a tree. He is looking at the children playing on the field but he never makes an attempt on joining.

Tim observes the child for a couple of minutes before she walks towards him.

Sir Bernard moves with her but he does not question her even though she can feel that he wants to. She greets the child after she reaches hearing distance. The child looks up at Tim, eyes widening before he gets up and starts to greet Tim.

Or at least attempts to greet Tim

“I greet the Second Princess of Gotham, the Royal Highness, Timoti Drake-Wayne”

Tim knows that education between nobles and commoners is different. Where noble children were taught to master greetings for every level of the social hierarchy, the commoners never had to.

Whenever they meet someone of nobility or royalty, they never have to greet them as an individual. One person in charge will be the one reciting the correct greeting then the rest follow. So, it is quite understandable that the child makes a mistake in greeting her.

“That’s not how you greet the Lady, kid” Sir Bernard chastises.

“It’s quite alright, Sir Bernard”

“Your Highness-”

“May I know your name?” Tim asks instead, gesturing for the knight to step back a little.

The child looks wary, he looks around as if hoping someone will come and help him, before giving Tim his name, “It’s, um, it’s Colin Wilkes, Your Highness”

Tim feels her mouth hang open at that name.

She knows that name! Everyone in Gotham knows that name! Well, they will in the future. Colin Wilkes. The youngest person to be accepted as a knight.

Usually, in order to become a knight, you must reach the minimum age of 15. After that, you have to pass several tests to see if you are fit to be a knight and do a couple of years of training. It was unheard of but not rare to try out before you reach 15, it was even more unheard of to be accepted.

Colin Wilkes just come to the testing area one day when he was 13 and aced every single test. It becomes a debate for a while within the Council, but in the end, Luke accepted the child.

Tim did not get to know Colin that well because he got closer to Prince Damian right away and not long after Tim left to find King Bruce.

Hearing from the gossip around the Palace, you would think that Colin is this bright and sociable young boy that everyone just instantly loves. But seeing him now, sitting under the tree alone while looking at the children playing is a bit odd.

“Colin, may I call you Colin?” the redhead boy nods, “right, Colin do you mind me joining you?”

Sir Bernard’s protest is ignored when the redhead just nods his head again. Tim smiles at him and the two sit side by side under the tree. Sir Bernard fusses about sitting on the snow but Tim tells him to find them something hot to drink instead. The knight is reluctant at first but still goes.

Colin goes back to see the children play. There is a little bit of longing there. His hands kept clenching and unclenching. There is some sort of restless energy around him like he wants to move around but can’t.

“Is there any reason why you are not out there playing.... handball?”

At first, Tim thinks that the boy will not answer her question after a couple of seconds of silence, but then in a quiet voice Colin says, “No one wants to play with me”

It breaks Tim’s heart to hear such a small child sounding so hurt. “And why is that?”

“Because no one wants to be my friend”

And Tim feels her chest tighten. No child should be without a friend. Even Tim has Stephanie when she was Colin’s age.

Tim observes the boy more closely, trying to find something that may tell her why this child is all alone. But come with none. She looks around and sees the adults whispering and glancing at them. The Nuns look conflicted like they want to come and lecture the boy but too afraid of disturbing the Lady’s resting.

Tim feels that something is wrong with the way the adult looks at Colin. There is a story there. A story that Tim will find out later.

She looks back at the boy. His eyes look glassy, unshed tears pool in those bright blue eyes. There is a little tint of green in there, Tim muses. She leans closer to Colin and nudges him with her shoulder.

The boy’s eyes widen and he turns to look at Tim with fear in his eyes. Tim tries to smile reassuringly. “I want to be your friend if you like”

“Wh-what?”

“I want to be your friend Colin” Tim brings her hand up and offers it for a handshake, “I am not really familiar with Bristol yet, and it will be great to have a friend that knows his way around the land”

Colin looks at her hand then at Tim. There is something in his eyes. Wariness. Sadness. Hope.

Tim wiggles her fingers.

“But I’m... no one wants to be my friend... they say... you don’t even know me,” he says quietly and if Tim is not sitting close to him, she sure will miss it.

“I don’t. We just met but I can tell that you are a great person Colin, so friends?”

The second stretch for a while. Tim fears that Colin will simply leave her and Tim will have to try and compose herself so as not to feel the embarrassment of having been ignored by a child. But then a small hand wraps around Tim. She stares at Colin, whose cheek matches his hair color at the moment, and sees him staring right back at her.

“Friends” Colin gives her a wide grin and Tim can help but feel as if the sun has warmed her heart.

Notes:

Okaaay, here we go a little bit of the life in Bristol!! The scene when Tim cried is added only recently... I had experienced getting out of a toxic friendship and let me tell you when you thought that you will feel vindictive and happy cutting ties with them... what you actually feel at the beginning when all is settled is this immense sadness and loss. I cried for three days straight after blocking my ex-friend on all social media. So, I just projected to Tim, thinking that Tim may feel the same as me after cutting ties with someone she cares about for years.

Did I add Bernard because I can't help but have a little Lady-Knight forbidden romance here? Yes.

And Collin! I love Collin, especially his story with Damian in Lil' Gotham! So his characterization will be based on that!

Chapter 24: Chapter 17: But Memories Last Forever

Summary:

Tim sees Colin’s determined face while writing his answer down, “and I must say that spending time like this with Collin is so much fun”

The boy perks up, a smile on his face “I also think it’s fun spending time with you My Lady!”

Notes:

This chapter is just fluff... just me wanting Tim and Colin to be happy together huhuhuhu <3

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

It takes two weeks before Tim decides to take Colin under her wing fully. She filed a request to sponsor Colin and to take custody of him. On paper, Colin is her vassal but in Tim’s heart… well, he’s become quite dear to her.

Turns out the children and the adults have isolated Colin because he has ‘Venom’ in his blood. It is a toxin used by a Rogue called ‘Bane’ to enhance his strength. His strength reaches a monstrous level that a simple slap from him can break bones. He almost killed King Bruce two years ago when the King came down to arrest the man himself.

Bane was terrorizing the Capital. No one could apprehend him because he was stronger than a normal human being.

In the end, he got arrested but he broke King Bruce’s back. The whole Kingdom was afraid of him breaking free from prison and no one will be able to save them that they pushed for the death penalty.

Colin has Venom in his blood that makes him stronger than a normal child. Which makes his admission for knighthood a lot more understandable. Having someone as strong as Bane in the Knight Order is advantageous. Colin could become a great asset to Gotham. Though the people in his place did not agree.

Colin was not related to Bane, he was an orphan with no record of a birth parent. He got injected with the toxin by a mad alchemist and people got weary of him after Bane got captured. They were afraid that Colin will go berserk like Bane, but they can not push for him to be arrested because he is a Child of the Church. The Children of the Church are protected until they reach adulthood. So, the best thing they do is isolate him.

Tim was furious when she heard that. She marches down to the Church to interrogate them and ended up taking Colin with her when she found out that the Church did nothing to help.

“You have to understand My Lady, the child has Venom in his blood, the only way we can do to protect others from him is by making him repent to God”

Colin was asked to pray all day long. He was told to ask for God’s guidance and forgiveness even though he has done nothing wrong. He was never allowed to play with others for fear that he might hurt other children. He ate his meals alone after all the Children of the Church finished theirs.

“How can you think that this is a way to treat a child?”

“Your Highness, this is no ordinary child. He has Venom in his blood. He is dangerous to others. We are just trying to protect everyone”

“No. Venom or not he is still a child and the Church promised to protect every single child in need. And you have failed that. He needs you and you have failed him”

“My Lady-”

“I’m taking Colin with me. He is under my protection now”

Lady Dana and Stephanie questioned her decision to suddenly take in a ten-year-old boy under her care. Tim actually did not have a valid reason for her decision other than she feels that it was not fair for Colin to be treated that way. (and mostly it was because she had done it impulsively. She was so furious at the Church’s answer that she just blurted out that she will take him. Well, a Drake never backs out from a promise)

(she also sees a little bit of herself in Colin, she knows what it felt like to be isolated. Everyone did it after she kept saying that King Bruce is still alive)

Lady Dana ended up agreeing with Tim’s decision after Tim pleaded with her for hours. Lady Dana asks her to educate Colin on etiquette and court manner. Which Tim agrees immediately. She has made a plan for the boy’s curricula after that.

So, here they are in Tim’s study room in Drake Castle. Sitting on a plush sofa with a cup of coffee in hand, waiting for the redhead boy to finish the assignment Tim has made for him.

Colin surprisingly went along with Tim that day at the Church. He did not protest or ask to be brought back to the orphanage. Tim was worried that she has forced him to come. That she has made him feel that he has to come because he can’t say no. Especially when he kept sniffling and wiping his tears during the carriage on their way to the Castle.

But at night, when no one heard them he confesses of thinking of leaving the Church. He told her that he plans to join the knight so that he could leave the orphanage.

“If I leave then I won’t have to hear the Nuns saying that I need to repent... and if I become a knight.... someone might, someone might like to be friends with me”

Tim hugs the kid extra tight that night.

Tim has talked with Colin about his education. The young boy was eager to learn when Tim said that she would appoint a teacher to teach him how to wield a sword. He seems less eager with other lessons but when Tim taught him how to read and introduces him to children’s books, Colin becomes more enthusiastic to learn.

It’s been two weeks since Tim took Colin, and the boy showed potential in his study. Since he’s a commoner and an orphan, his education is lacking compared to other children. There are so many basic things a child his age should have known that Colin does not. Tim has to teach him how to read and how to count. Something that the Church should have already taught him.

Tim will definitely look into this matter more since the Church gets monthly donations for the education of the children in their care.

(Tim will definitely be more furious if it turns out Colin is the only one who they didn’t teach)

They are currently studying history, which is boring according to the boy, but he still does his assignment seriously. The maids have brought in refreshments sometime ago and the boy is alternating between eating the desserts and doing his work.

Tim needs to make sure that he at least know not to do that when other people are around. Manner and etiquette in high society is a bit stricter than for commoner and seeing that he is under Tim’s care, people’s expectations will be high for him.

She is sipping her coffee when a servant comes and announces that Bart wants an audience. Tim orders the servant to let Bart come and a couple of minutes later the redhead walks in with thick documents in his arm.

He formally greets Tim then goes to put the documents on the table. That’s when he sees Colin looking at him from his assignment. Both redheads look at each other for a couple of seconds, seeming to read one another.

Colin glances at Tim then gives Bart his greeting.

His posture and pronunciation are clear and confident that Tim can’t help but give him a little round of applause. “You have done so well Colin.” she can see the boy's face tinted with the color of pink and a small sheepish smile adorn his face.

Bart upon seeing Tim praising the boy gives his greeting in return.

“Lady Stephanie had told me that you have taken in a vassal but I never knew that you are personally overseeing his education,” Bart says after he takes a seat next to Tim.

Tim’s maids, Lily and Saya, who come with her to Bristol immediately set a new cup of tea and a plate of desserts in front of Bart.

“Well, He is a member of the Drake family now and I want to make sure that Colin’s education meets the standard of a Drake. I decided to supervise for a couple of months while vetting for his teachers” Tim sees Colin’s determined face while writing his answer down, “and I must say that spending time like this with Collin is so much fun”

The boy perks up, a smile on his face “I also think it’s fun spending time with you My Lady!”

Bart winces a little at the lack of control over Colin’s volume. It is quite difficult to adjust to the way commoner talks after being in high society all your life. Tim feels like that the first time she went out on her journey to find King Bruce. Every informal talk makes her uneasy.

Now though, she already got used to Trio Assassin’s crude talk, Colin’s speech does not even bother Tim anymore.

“Colin, this is my friend Sir Bart, he is also a vassal. I hope that the two of you can also become friends”

Bart looks at her, assessing her for a moment before turning to Colin, “Yes, I hope that we can be friends Colin.”

Colin’s eyes narrow at that. A look of disbelief on his face, “Why would you want to be friends? You don’t even know me”

Ah, looks like Colin is still wary of other people. He is afraid of what other people think because of the Venom in him. It took a while for him to trust Tim, even longer for him to trust Steph, Lady Dana, and the staff.

“Um, do I have to have a reason?” Bart looks between Tim and Colin. Unsure of how to proceed.

“...well, no one wants to be my friend before” Colin looks down on his lap, voice quieter than before, “Except Lady Tim! But that’s because she is amazing!” he gives a little nod at the end.

Tim smiles at that reaching out for his assignment. Colin reads over his answers before handing Tim the paper.

“Well, I don’t know about me being amazing, I think Colin is the one who is amazing here,” she quickly marks Colin’s work. Scoring 3 out of 5 questions which is not bad considering it only been two weeks since he started his study, “I mean knowing the answers after only learning for two weeks? Our Colin must be a genius”

The boy beams at her, taking back the paper. A serious face scans the paper, a determined nod, and a twinkle in his eyes shows that this boy will definitely be suitable to become a Drake.

“Wow, you begin your study last two weeks and you have done so well? The Princess is right you must be a genius” Bart gives him a smile before leaning forward a little, stage whispering at the boy, “I think the Princess is the best, so if she says you are amazing then I believe her. What do you say, Colin? Friends?”

Tim thinks that the way Bart puts on a show is a little bit ridiculous, but then Colin brightens up. He leans also to meet Bart and whispers loudly, “Yes, I also think the Princess is the best! Let's be friends!”

Well, would you look at that? Bart is very good with children.

Both redheads share a smile and a nod. There is something unspoken that happens between them but before Tim could pry Bart turns towards her and tells her his reason for visiting.

“I have all the list for the caterers and decorators for your birthday party My Lady. I have to throw out the ones that I feel are inadequate to the Drake standard but I still need your input before deciding which one we should choose”

Ah, yes. Tim’s birthday is just around the corner.

She has asked Bart and Steph to help with planning -though Bart does most of the work because Steph has her own work as Tim’s Lady-in-waiting-. Bart was happy and determine to take on the job. He vows to plan the best birthday ever and work very hard on making sure every detail met the standard befitting the Drake name.

(The Earl and Countess were so happy that Tim has asked their grandson for such a big role that they have ordered a gift of the most beautiful dress for Tim to wear at her birthday party designed by the most famous seamstress in all Gotham; Lady Selina Kyle).

Bart looks at her with hope in his eyes but there is also a little bit of concern there. He wants everything to be perfect so much that he sometimes second guess his decision. Tim told him that she is okay with everything he picked but he always comes to double-check with Tim.

You are such a wonderful friend Bart

Tim smiles and picks on the first document on the table, “Well then, shall we take a look at your list?”

In the end, the three of them spend hours looking at the list with smiles and laughter filling the whole room.


“You need to make a wish first boss!”

“..a wish?”

“Yeah! Before you blow the candle you have to make a wish! It’s tradition!”

“*laugh* what kingdom is this tradition from again?”

“pffft who knows? Who cares! Just make a wish and blow the bloody candle!”

“You should make a wish so that Pru could shut her mouth for once!”

“Why you! Owen!”

“What? You kept yapping loudly like a dog barking around! If anything can make you shut your fucking mouth it’s definitely a magical wish!”

“You fuckin-!!!”

“Hey! Hey, watch the fire! Geez, for fuck sake! I spent hours making it you dimwits!”

“*laugh* Good luck making them listen to you now Z”

“*sigh* Boss, please lend me a hand yeah?”

“Nope!”

“*sigh*”

“AAGH my nose! You broke my fucking nose!”

“That’s what you get for biting me you bitch!”

“Boss! Wish for this moron to get his nose kick in by 20 horses!”

“Pssssh, no way will the boss spend a precious wish on something like that!”

“Yes, the boss should spend it for something meaningful that she wants, right Pru? Owen? After all, this is her first time having a birthday wish”

“Yeah, what’s with that boss? Everyone whose anybody should know about the birthday wish”

“Well, we don’t have that custom in Gotham so....”

“Laaaaameeee, Gotham is a powerful Kingdom and they don’t know birthday wishes? Me, Z, and Owen are fucking commoners and we know about it!”

“Well, it might be because it’s from a different culture?”

“Naaah, pretty sure every other kingdom knew about this crap, right Z?”

“...well I don't know... anyway, have you made your wish boss? You don’t have to listen to these two idiots bicker. Just close your eyes, make a wish and blow the candle before it runs out”

I wish for everything to be back the way it was. No, to be better than the way it was.

“Yeeeeaaaayyy!! Happy 20 th birthday boss!!”

“Thank you, you three... I... let’s do this again when I reach 21 yeah? You guys owe me a drink after all”

“You got it, boss!!”

“Hell yeah! Let’s drink until we pass out!”

“Sure, boss”

Notes:

When I started writing this, I made a bullet point of the important events I wanted to add and the overall storyline and I almost finished writing all of it, only a couple of chapters left before it is done... it is slightly longer than I anticipated, and I don't think that I can keep posting one chapter per week with that many chapters hahahahaha... so if I finished writing all of it, I will begin posting two chapters every week or something

Chapter 25: Chapter 18: Celestial Navigation

Summary:

It takes Colin around five minutes to tell Tim why. He is uncomfortable with small, confined places. And carriages can be quite confining, Tim supposes. Colin tells Tim it made him feel nervous about being in something resembling boxes, it makes everything feel stuffy and narrow.

That's why he was always trying to be on his best behavior on the Church so that he won't be sent to the confession box.

Tim hums then says "Are you afraid of horses?"

Notes:

Sooo, I have finished writing all the chapters yeeeey!!! Though I haven't finished editing and checking the grammar etc. since it's done I am going to post two chapters from now on because this is the first time I have such a long commitment in posting a story and I am beginning to be anxious about it *awkward laugh*

Chapter Text

It is just four months before Tim’s birthday.

Everyone in the Castle is frantic to make sure everything goes perfect. Steph and Bart have become scarily good partners. They bark orders to every staff and servant every day now.

Steph wants a birthday ball that will show people Tim’s wealth as the Heiress of Bristol. Bart wants a birthday ball that will show people Tim’s social standing in Gotham high society. In other words: they want an extravagant birthday ball.

Tim does not care much, honestly. She has had birthday balls like those before. On her 18th birthday, King Bruce threw a three days carnival to celebrate her coming of age. It was three days of extravagant parties on the Palace and lively parades on the streets.

She already experienced it all so she isn’t picky about what should happen on this birthday. (Deep down she feels that no other birthday will surpass her 20th birthday).

But she can’t do anything when she saw how excited Bart and Stephanie were about planning this whole thing. She just let them go wild with their imagination and gives them input whenever they asked.

Now that the party is getting closer, Bart and Stephanie are in stress mode. There will be a time where both of them will scream at random times. The residence of the Castle learns to avoid them when it happened.

Sometimes Tim, Lady Dana, and Colin will just sit down in the garden drinking tea and coffee while eating desserts enjoying the newly blooming flower with the sound of people screaming and running around in the background.

(Steph can be scary when she wants to be).

Most often than not, Tim will find herself with only Colin as a company since Lady Dana is also busy with her works. (they agree to transition slowly so the people will not be shocked by the sudden change of power). Tim is perfectly fine spending time with Colin. They will study together, or practice swords together, or read books by the lake together.

It was during their outings near the lake the Tim receives a message.

The maids who deliver it cleverly put the piece of paper under Tim’s teacup. Tim nods at her and she excuses herself, leaving Tim and Colin alone.

Tim takes a couple of sips of her tea, slowly transferring the paper to her book. After she is sure that the book has concealed the paper from unwanting eyes that may lurk around the lake, she brings the book closer and read the message.

He has settled at a cabin at the border of Bristol and Krypton.

- Bastien 

Tim turns a page and reads for a couple of minutes before closing her book and turns to face Colin.

As discussed, Viscount Ives will come with Tim to where 'he' is. It will take about two days for Tim to go to the border, finish her business, and ride back home which is not too long but there is one problem. Tim can not leave Colin alone.

If I leave him in the Castle alone while Steph, Bart, and Lady Dana are too busy to be with him, then he might be attacked by other nobles

The nobles who are part of the Grand Duchy Court disagree with Tim taking Colin under her wing and becoming her vassal. They have thought that Colin being a commoner and an orphan is not suitable for being a member of the Drake.

They already have a problem with Stephanie still being her Lady-in-waiting when her nobility has been stripped. With Colin, they become even more displeased. Tim's move to Bristol has made the nobles to promoted their children who are Tim's age to have Tim sponsor them.

Since Tim chose Colin, the noble families might try something to harm the child. And before Colin could perfectly protect himself, Tim will try hard to protect him.

Tim weights her option a couple more minutes while she drinks her coffee and eats her cake.

“Oh! My Lady, here, here look,” Colin shoves his book towards Tim, pointing on a sentence on the paper, “it says that you can make a wish on a shooting star! I don’t know what a shooting star is but they say it will be guaranteed to be granted”

“Oh, is that so?”

“Yeah!” Colin proceeds to inform Tim about the shooting star and the wish he has. Tim listens carefully, looking at the enthusiasm of the boy who she saw sitting under the tree alone longing to play with other children. Then Tim got reminded of how his expression would turn serious whenever he practice the sword.

Sir Bernard says that Colin learns faster than even Tim who has knowledge from her past training. I think he is born to be a knight Your Grace, he is a natural Sir Bernard has reported to Tim.

Colin has become happier, more open with his emotion. His confidence also increased after he mastered the proper stances. It makes Tim remember the young boy who is barely a teenager, going on an adventure and ended up dismantling an illegal children-fighting ring operated by a rogue named Mr. Zsasz with Prince Damian.

She attended the celebration ceremony for both children. She remembered how brave Colin looked and how humble he was despite achieving something great. " I just want to help, Your Majesty, these children need my help so I did my best to help"  was his answer when asked about his motivation on taking down the fighting ring.

"....-tham sky is always so dark, we can't even see normal stars let alone a shooting star!"

Hmm, maybe I could bring Colin along to see some stars? Two birds with one stone, right?

"You are right Gotham sky is too dark to see the stars"

"Exactly!"

"How about we went outside Gotham to see the stars?"

Colin turns his head so fast that Tim worries his neck is going to break, "We can do that? Are you allowed to leave?"

"Well, why can't I?"

"Your party is soon, it will be silly for you to go when people will come to see you," he says in a matter a fact tone that implied how ridiculous he thinks of Tim's question.

Tim can't help but let out a laugh, "Well, I'm the Grand Duchess! I can do whatever I want!"

Colin snorts then rolls his eyes at Tim, "You are not the Grand Duchess yet, Lady Dana is"

Tim can not argue with that. Colin seems to remember the dynamic in the Grand Duchy well. She is yet a Grand Duchess, though if Tim ran to some noble and acted like she is, they will just agree and trip over themselves to please her.

"Well, how about this? We can go see the stars outside Gotham as my early birthday present? How about that? We can go early tomorrow and we could sleep at an inn then go back home the next day or so?"

"We could really do that?" Colin's eyes twinkle at the prospect of seeing the stars clearly but then his eyes dimmed a little bit and he squirms a little, "Do-do we have to go by carriage?"

"Yes, it is a little bit far and we are going together so we have to go with a carriage" a discreet one without the Drake crest.

"I-I can't... um, is there another option?"

"Why? What's wrong Colin?"

It takes Colin around five minutes to tell Tim why. He is uncomfortable with small, confined places. And carriages can be quite confining, Tim supposes. Colin tells Tim it made him feel nervous about being in something resembling boxes, it makes everything feel stuffy and narrow.

That's why he was always trying to be on his best behavior on the Church so that he won't be sent to the confession box.

Tim hums then says "Are you afraid of horses?"

"Huh?"


"Once again: What on Earth possess you to go to our Krypton border by horse?" Steph asks hysterically.

It has been the sixth time this question is asked and at this point, Tim does not even bother to repeat her reply. She just makes sure that their luggage is secured tightly and the saddle is put correctly.

She turns around at the sound of her Mother, "Tim, are you sure you don't want to bring any knight with you? The border is pretty far, at least... at least bring Sir Bernard with you"

"It's going to be fine, there will be someone who will accompany me on our journey. We are meeting halfway to the border" Tim fusses over Colin, making sure that his riding clothes are comfortable.

"Who will be accompanying you?"

"My personal knight," Tim asks the stable boy to help Colin mount the horse, making sure that Colin puts his feet and grips the reign correctly. "Do not worry Mother, he is a capable knight. Besides, we will only be leaving for two days" Tim mounts the horse, sitting right behind Colin.

"Is it Belfry or Bastien?" Steph asks pointedly. Judging from her glare Tim can see how pissed off she is being left in the dark of what Tim is doing.

She does tell Steph part of her plan but not all. She left a lot of details untold and only asked Steph to trust her. I will tell you when it's time, I promise I will, but for now, I just want you to trust me. Steph hates being left out but she trusts Tim's judgment.

"Bastien"

"Is it okay to bring Colin with you?" Tim understands Steph's concern but Tim has explained to Colin what they will do today other than seeing the stars.

At first, the boy looks a little bit sad. Maybe he felt like Tim is only doing this not because she wanted to see the stars with Colin. it took a while for Tim to explain to Colin that "yes, I do want to see the stars with you, Colin. I already planned on going to meet this guy for a long time, I wanted to go alone with Bastien but I can't leave you, Colin. People in the Grand Duchy court will attack you when I am gone and since everyone is busy no one will protect you. I was thinking of a way for you to be safe while I am gone when you told me that you want to see the stars. So I thought why not bring Colin with me? That way, I can see the guy, protect you, and we can go see if we could find a shooting star"

In the end, Colin agrees with one condition: they camp instead of sleeping at the inn.

Tim smiles sadly at that. It reminds her of the time when she would camp outside with Z, Owen, and Pru.

"Yes, Colin wants to see some stars" Tim explains.

Steph nods and convinces Lady Dana to let Tim go.

After making sure that Colin is comfortable and that all their things are secured at the back, Tim says her goodbye and kicks the horse to move.

Colin freezes when the horse starts galloping. He said to Tim that he had never ridden a horse before and was a little bit wary to ride one. But Tim reassures him that she will ride with him so that he won't fall. Tim is about to ask if he is okay when Colin suddenly whoops and laughs.

"Yes! Come on Red! Come on!"

"Having fun?"

"Yes! We are going so fast!"

"Well, Red is the fastest horse I owned" Tim chuckles at Colin's excitement. She is tempted to speed up to make Colin laugh again but she does not want to burden Red. It is a long journey and she needs Red to preserve his energy until their destination.

They ride while talking. Colin does most of the talking though. He talks about his study, his observation on the road, and what he has read about the stars. Tim listens to what the redhead says, chiming in once in a while to give him her opinions.

They rest for lunch and rest at a restaurant at the edge of Bristol. Colin looks tired and he keeps walking stiffly. Tim teases him a little and got a cute little pout for her trouble.

They eat their meal -a nice beef and vegetable stew and a big piece of bread- while waiting for Viscount Ives to arrive.

Because this is his first time riding a horse for a long distance, Colin looks close to falling asleep. Tim suggests he sleeps for a bit. The redhead remained stubborn for all five minutes before he rests his head on top of his folded arms on the table and falls asleep.

Tim can't help but let out a chuckle at that.

She scans the restaurant lazily, seeing how some of the mercenaries have paid attention to them. She takes her bo staff out of her pocket and places it on the table while staring at them. Upon seeing a weapon on her person, the people watching them averts their eyes. 

"Yeah, that will show them not to mess with you" Tim glances at her right and sees Lord Ives smiling at her.

He is dressed in commoner clothes, with a metal breastplate covering half of his chest, a black thick cloak around his shoulder, and his sword hanging on his belt. Tim can also see two daggers strap on each of his thighs and probably a hidden knife in one of his boots. Hmm, the left one.

"Bastien"

"Caroline"

"You look good"

"Well thank you, I have to blend in somehow" he laughs wholeheartedly. The waiter comes and brings Viscount Ives his food and he began to eat.

Tim is a little surprised at how messy he began to eat. Tim has had lunch with the Ives before and their table manners are impeccable. Now though? Viscount Ives eats like a pig, for the lack of a better word. Now that she thinks about it the way he walks and stands are also very different

"Able to blend in with mercenaries, able to imitate their habit... were you perhaps one of the Outsiders?"

Viscount Ives grins at her, puffing his chest a little bit, "I was under the direct command of Sir Jacob Kane before I retired" he says quietly.

Tim's eyes widen at that.

The Outsiders were a special team consisting of selected knights that does missions across the continent. The team is now under the care of Princess Cassandra. They are a little bit different than your normal knights. Still, they are under the Knight Order but they work separately. They are the ones assigned to do intel gathering, do illegal practices, and shady businesses for Gotham's best interest.

They are like mercenaries but with a moral code and unwavering loyalty to Gotham. They will go to where the Knight Order could not. Their members are a secret even among the knights.

They are the complete opposite to the Titans which are under the Crown Prince's jurisdiction. (They are a team of knights that sole duty is the protection of the citizens of Gotham against outside and inside attacks. They are the ones in the front line of every battle and war. Luke, Sir Wally, and Lady Barbara are part of Titans). They are also different from the Outlaws led by the Second Prince. (Outlaws are more of an elite team that operates just a little bit outside the law. They deal a lot with the crimes that happened in Gotham such as slave trafficking, illegal drugs, and managing weapon distribution. They are the one who investigates and apprehend criminals).

Lord Kane is the most famous Outsiders' leader, being a member was already an honor, being a member under Lord Kane? No word could describe how great of an achievement it is.

"Now, I know why you are so good at what you are doing" Viscount Ives' grin becomes wider.

After the man finishes his meal, Tim wakes Colin up and they continue their journey.

The journey is silent most of the time. Colin still feeling sleepy, ended up falling asleep not long after they start riding. The steady rhythm of the horse's feet hitting the ground and the up and down motion may lull the little boy back to sleep.

Tim and Viscount Ives will talk sometimes, about his family, Tim's work at Bristol, and her upcoming birthday ball. At one point, Viscount Ives tells Tim blatantly his opinion about the rumor of her abandoning the Waynes. She only let out a short laugh at that.

They reach the border a little bit after the sunset.

Tim stares up at the sky, it turns orange then magenta then violet before it turns dark. The moon shines while the sun hides over the horizon. It becomes a little bit colder. Colin shivers and tightens his cloak.

Tim's about to offer him a blanket when he gasps and screams, "Look! Stars!"

Both Tim and Viscount Ives look up and see the night sky adorned with thousands of stars. Colin looks completely in awe. You definitely could never see a sky like this in Gotham.

Tim nudges Colin a little to gain his attention, "Do you see that big star near the moon? The one that is a little bit brighter than the other stars? Do you know what it is called?"

Colin hums before pointing at the sky, "That one? Hmm, no I don't"

"It's called the First Star of Krypton. Kryptonians use it to guide them back to Krypton. It also symbolizes Krypton’s new hope"

"Really?"

"Yes"

"Wow, it's beautiful"

Her vision blurs a little bit as tears gather in her eyes, "Yes, yes he is"

Chapter 26: Chapter 19: Not All Those Who Wander are Lost

Summary:

Colin has helped a little bit before he becomes mesmerized again by the beauty of the night sky. Tim chuckles when she caught him staring at the sky. He angles his head to look upwards. Tim winces a little bit when the child does not move after a while. His neck will feel sore being in that position for too long.

Tim takes out a blanket and lays it down on the ground. She calls Colin and asks him to lay down on the blanket “This way you can see the stars without hurting your neck”

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

They set camp near the cabin ‘he’ is currently in.

Colin has helped a little bit before he becomes mesmerized again by the beauty of the night sky. Tim chuckles when she caught him staring at the sky. He angles his head to look upwards. Tim winces a little bit when the child does not move after a while. His neck will feel sore being in that position for too long.

Tim takes out a blanket and lays it down on the ground. She calls Colin and asks him to lay down on the blanket “This way you can see the stars without hurting your neck”

Colin grins at her and wiggles around a little. He pats the empty spot beside him, silently asking Tim to join him. Tim shakes her head, laughing a little bit. She finishes setting up camp despite Viscount Ives’ protest then lays beside Colin.

“Do you know any other stars?”

“Hmm, let see”

Tim and Colin spend quite some time pointing at stars and naming them. At one point Colin gives up trying to pronounce the star’s name and just point random stars and gives them a name, “That one is Robert. That one is Jessie. Oh! Oh! That one is Little Tommy”

“That’s not what they are called!”

“Well, it is now!” he turns to Tim, giving her such a cheeky smile that she can not help but pinch his cheek.

Colin laughs and tries to swat Tim’s hands away. Tim just loops her arm around Colin, preventing him from running away, and continues poking his cheek. “Stooooop!! Stop iiiittt!!”

“Not until you name a star after me!” Tim begins to tickle Colin making the redhead laughs.

“O-okay! Okay! I will!” Tim stops tickling him though she does not release him from her hold. Colin just moves a bit to position his head on Tim’s shoulder. Tim is shocked for a couple of seconds before she tightens her hold on him. “Let’s see, which star should we name after you?”

Colin takes his time deciding the star, and Tim just unconsciously cards her fingers through his hair the way Luke did with hers. They stay like that for a while before Colin decides to name a star after Tim. “That one because it is the ones that twinkle the most”

Tim feels a warmth spread inside her chest. It is either a complete coincidence or Colin is secretly able to read mind that the one Colin chooses is the closest star to the First Star of Krypton.

She brings Colin closer to her and kisses his forehead. The boy looks up at her with a gasp. “Thank you, Colin,” she says.

The boy’s face goes red and he snuggles in closer to Tim. A blanket is draped over them. Tim sees Viscount Ives’ smiling fondly at both of them. “Enjoy your stargazing, I will call when dinner is ready”

Tim nods and continues gazing at the beautiful sky. Colin does the same. Both of them silently watch the stars twinkle. Tim keeps carding her fingers through Colin’s hair and Colin’s arms around Tim tightens.

And by some miracle, a star falls, leaving a trail of light behind.

Both Tim and Colin gasp. It was a shooting star! Both of them just saw a shooting star. Colin sits up in a panic, “Quick make a wish!” he clasps both hands and closes his eyes. The boy looks too serious, it makes Tim wonders what he wishes for him to make such a serious expression.

“Just close your eyes, make a wish and blow the candle before it runs out”

Tim clasps both of her hands and closes her eyes. I wish for everything to be better than in the past.

When Tim opens her eyes, green-blue eyes stare at her intently. She quirks an eyebrow at the redhead boy. “Well, what are you wishing for, My Lady? Tell me then I’ll tell you mine”

“If I tell you then it wouldn’t come true”

“No way, it won’t?” Colin looks so devastated that Tim can’t help but laugh. She teases him a little, asking him about his wish. Colin vehemently refuses to share his wish. Pouting and huffing at her for prying.

Tim just hugs him and feels him melt against her.


Tim wraps another blanket on Colin. The night is getting colder even with the fire on their camp. She stares at Colin sleeping face for a while then kisses his forehead.

”Are you sure you don’t want me to come with you Master?”

“No, I want you to protect Colin. I will be back before the sunrise” Tim checks to make sure the beetle piece and her bo staff are on her pouch.

Lord Ives looks like he is about to protest Tim again but decides not to. He has suggested a couple of times during the day that they leave Colin at the inn and go to meet ‘him’ together. But Tim has promised Colin that they will camp outside.

Tim knows that as a former Outsiders the man is capable of protecting both himself and Colin in an open field like this. So, she does not feel too guilty about leaving the boy behind.

“I assure you, Lord Ives, this person is not dangerous. I only intend to meet him and talk”

The man bites his lips and stares at Tim, “You need to understand that I have vowed to protect you, My Lady, leaving you alone facing the unknown... it just unsettles me”

Tim turns and faces the man. She can see the concern radiating from this man standing in front of her. But she can not bear the thought of leaving Colin behind unguarded or bringing him with her.

Because, even though, Tim is sure that ‘he’ is not dangerous, Tim still does not like the small possibility that everything goes out of control. Because if things went south, Tim does not want Colin to get in the middle of it.

So, Tim reassure Lord Ives once again then mount her horse and ride in the direction of the cabin.

It takes Tim around twenty minutes to reach the cabin.

Tim dismounts from her horse and walks the perimeter of the cabin. Taking notes on the number of windows and the location of doors. From the shadow she was hiding in, she can see a figure of a young man pacing around inside the cabin. He will sometimes point his finger to the ceiling, shakes his head, and turn around in a circle trying to grab something on his back.

After making sure that she has an escape plan ready if things go awry, Tim makes her way to the front door. A muffled voice could be heard through the door. It’s like an argument, a lot of ‘no’ and ‘listen’ can be heard. Though most conversation seems to be in a different language.

Tim knocks on the door and the voice goes silent. Tim can hear the sound of footsteps, hesitant but heading towards the door.

The door opens slightly revealing a tall handsome young man with black hair, and brown eyes. He stares at Tim for a couple of seconds looking puzzled, “Yes? Is there-is there something I can help you with?”

“Hey, my name is Tim”

“Erm, right… Tim” and then he winces and whispers, “shut up, I am not doing that”

Then he flinches and looks back at Tim. He grips the door frame tightly and continues, “Are you perhaps lost, Tim?”

“No, I was looking for you, Jaime Reyes”

The moment the name was uttered the young man’s eyes widen. He takes a couple of steps backward. He looks afraid. Tim raises both hands in surrender and yells, “Wait, I am not going to hurt you! I am here to help!”

Jaime raises his left arm then yells ‘no!’ and immediately shoves his left arm with his right, turning around so his back is facing Tim. “I told you we are not attacking people! No! We are not! I do not agree with that” he begins to yell something in that foreign language, back hunches and body trembling a little.

Tim knows that if she could not make him calm soon, she will be in a lot of trouble.

“Listen, I know about the scarab. That thing on your back? I know about it and I am here to help!” and just like that, he turns around with his left arm stretched out. A black and blue armor-like thing wraps around his whole arm. It points in Tim’s direction. It emits a pale blue light and makes a whirly sound. It looks like Tim has managed to make him even more agitated.

“That’s what they told me before they try to capture me, señora. Do you think that I will be falling for that again?”

The Heiress does not know who ‘they’ refers to but she knows that she has to convince him quickly before he attacks her.

“Look, I know that it is suspicious for someone coming in the middle of the night and saying that they know about your secret and they want to help. But believe me, I am genuinely here to help” when the young man does not lower his arm Tim reaches out of her pouch to take out the beetle piece, “Here, this? It can help you with the scarab. This is supposed to help you control it. I know you struggle so much with that. I know that the reason why move around so much, I know you ended up in this cabin in the outskirt of Krypton is so that no one can get hurt when you lose control”

There is a slight hesitation in Jaime’s stance. Tim knows that Jaime will never attack her. He is someone dear to Bart. Someone who shares her grief over losing the redhead. Tim knows that he is gentle and patient but the scarab’s fighting for control makes him scared of himself.

He knows how powerful the scarab is, a powerful armor of unknown origin. It can obliterate an entire county in one night. It could hurt a lot of people and Jaime has been fighting for so long to push down the scarab so that no one gets hurt.

If Tim could make Jaime trust her just a little bit, she knows that he will be able to take over control fully.

“Can you see this piece? Look! It is an ancient talisman to help you reign in the scarab. If you bring this to the sorceress Zatanna, she can help you with the ritual”

“How do I know that you are not lying?”

“You don’t, it’s a leap of faith, I-” Tim bits her lips trying to let the words out. “I’m from the future. I travel back in time and I knew what would happen when the scarab takes over you”

Tim lets that revelation sink in. She never told anyone about her situation, she kept it a secret even from Stephanie (the guilt has been eating Tim ever since she woke up). She never wants anyone to know if possible, but if Tim wants Jaime to trust her, well, she needs to trust him with her secret.

Jaime tilts his head a little like he is listening to something. “The scarab said that your body is from this time”

Tim sucks in a breath, “I-I don’t kno-… I am from the future, around 4 years from now. I died and woke up in this body” Tim gestures to herself. She sees Jaime lowers his arm a little and continues, “I do not understand how this happens, I am not a magician, and trust me I have been reading about time paradox and anomaly these past couple of months to no avail. I do not know what happens after I died but I do know that this piece will help you.”

“It happens in the future, Jaime. Someone found this beetle piece in a ruined temple by accident but they were able to translate the scripture from that temple and found out that a ritual can be performed ‘to help the bearer of Khaji Da’ . If you bring this to Zatanna, she will perform the ritual for you”

Jaime takes a step back, “How did you kno-”

“I’m from the future remember? I know because you told me, Jaime”

The young man looks conflicted. He begins talking using a foreign language. Tim never got to know where it came from and never had the chance to learn it. Jaime was more of Bart’s friends than Tim. They met a couple of times after Tim’s birthday ball but she never gets the chance to really know him because he was busy trying to find a way to reign in the scarab. But Tim got to know a little about the scarab after he came to Central to find Bart right after the redhead died. They shared stories while mourning for a friend and a lover.

Jaime still arguing with the scarab, and she just stands there awkwardly holding the beetle piece between them.

She shifts her weight from one foot to another trying to look relaxed while the young man in front of her is arguing with himself.

After a while, Jaime yelled something and the armor on his left arm recedes. Tim can’t help but feel awe at that. It is fascinating to see. It moves like a liquid but is harder than even the strongest metal. And it can perform something akin to magic, like shapeshift, and projecting light.

“Okay, okay I am going to trust you but I warn you that Khaji Da does not” he gestures to the chair in the room. Tim takes a seat opposite to him and places the beetle piece on the table in front of her. Jaime reaches it, stops then tilts his head, nods, and takes the beetle piece to inspect it.

“So, it sees me as a threat? I assure you I am not trying to do anything to harm you”

“Well, you may not but it has been sensing an anomaly closing in on us for sometimes and it makes it restless. The moment you showed up it only got worst” Jaime puts the piece back to the table after some liquid-like tentacles come out of his back to prob and poke it. “It says that your body and soul are aging differently. You are on your way to becoming a paradox but not really. And you know about its real name, so of course, it's wary of you”

“Understandable” Tim nods.

Jaime stares at her and Tim stares back, giving a small smile. Jaime’s cheek tints with a little bit of red. Contrasting nicely to his gorgeous tan skin. He ducks his head and scratches the back of his neck. “Okay, suppose I believe you señora, are you sure that it works? Because like you said, I am trying so hard to control it. I need to control it so I would never hurt anyone again”

He looks stricken. There’s a shadow of grief on his face. Tim knew that face well, she saw it every time she looks at the mirror the first couple of months after King Bruce died.

Tim reaches for his hand, gently wrapping hers on top of his. The young man flinches but does nothing to remove Tim’s hand, “I have seen you after the ritual, you were more relaxed, more sure. You told everyone that you can control the scarab without any resistance. So I know for sure that it will work”

Jaime still looks like he does not believe a single thing Tim is saying.

Okay, plan B then

Tim stands and walks around the table to kneel in front of Jaime. His mouth falls open and he says something that Tim sure is a curse word of some kind. (not like Jaime ever told her, but judging from the look Bart had whenever it was uttered Tim is sure that it is not something nice.)

“I, Timoti Jeanette Drake, Heiress to the Drake Grand Duchy swear to you Jaime Reyes that I do not lie to you nor I am deceiving you. What I have told you is the truth and nothing but the truth. Should you find that it is a lie, then I shall put my life on the line”

Jaime laughs maniacally at her, grip tight on her hands, “Are you crazy? You can not just say that thing lightly! That is really- wait… wait hold on” realization dawns on him, and his face pales rapidly.

“Timoti Drake!? THE Timoti Drake!? You are- you are the Princess of Gotham!!”

“Was the Princess, well... technically a daughter of a Duchess or Duke is also called a Princess but no,” Tim grins at him “I stepped down from the Royal title months ago”

Jaime blurts out some more inappropriate words that Tim remembers hearing. Then he begins to try to make Tim retracts her words. “This is the only way for you to know that I am serious"

Jaime then proceeds to talk about how he does not want to spend time in jail after being accused of murdering the Princess. He then argues with the scarab on his back, yelling how they will be executed and ‘no we can not just murder everyone in Gotham!’

Tim tried to calm him down. Giving him a lot of reassurance. She is confident that the ritual will work because it has worked before. After a couple of minutes of arguing with the man, he finally gives in and agrees to find Zatanna.

Tim rattles about Zatanna’s location and gives him an envelope containing Tim’s letter to Zatanna. “It has my seal and signature, if she sees it she will be more incline to help you”

After making sure that Jaime knows where to go, Tim gets up from her seat and excuses herself. Jaime leads her to the door and even opens it up for her. The sudden realization that he is in the presence of a former royalty makes him conscious of his attire and the state of the cabin. Even though Tim dismiss his concern, he still ended up walking Tim to her horse.

Tim thanks him and mounts Red.

Before she leaves, though, Jaime reaches out to her and asks her to wait. He seems reluctant but after tilting his head to hear whatever it is the scarab is saying, he looks up at Tim with determination.

“The scarab says that if you keep going on this path, you will fully become a time paradox. It says that you still have the chance to follow the correct path before you ended up being displaced from the time continuum”

Tim is taken aback by his explanation. She knows that the scarab stores in more knowledge than a human can ever learn, and what it says is a fact. She knows that Jaime is telling her this because he is worried about her, but she has made up her mind. She will be selfish and keep manipulating fate. She will not let anyone she loves die a second time.

“Thank you for the warning, Jaime. But I can not do that”

“Your Highness! If you become a time paradox then your existence will be in danger! You will live in a constant state of disarray because you are not tethered to the timeline. You will not receive any more blessing and-”

“Jaime” the man looks back at her, there is a frantic look in his eyes and a little bit of horror. Whatever the scarab is telling him, might be something very bad, “I can not fully tell you the reason why I am doing this, at least not yet. But I can tell you that I have to do this. People's lives are on the line. If I do not change the future then I will lose them again, and I will be damned if I let it happen the second time”

Something changes in Jaime’s eyes. Understanding. He stared at Tim like he sees someone different like suddenly he figures out the puzzle that is Tim. The scarab must have said something reassuring because Jaime lets go of Tim.

“I will not force you to tell me your reason, but I need you to know the risk you are taking is high”

Tim gives him a depressing laugh, “Yes, I know” before Jaime can say something even more distressing, Tim cuts him off.

“It isn’t that bad becoming a nexus being” Tim shrugs to convey nonchalantly, “I know someone who has fully become one. He seems fine to me”

Jaime nods at her even though it is clear that he wants to say something more. Tim instructs him to find her immediately after he has gained control over the scarab. He agrees with Tim and both say their farewell.

On the way to the camp, Tim can not help but think about the warning from Jaime. “You will live in a constant state of disarray because you are not tethered to the timeline” .

Not tethered to the timeline, huh?

Tim feels her chest tightens a little bit. She knows the risk she is taking when manipulating the future. She has calculated it. She has laid out the event of the future and trying so hard to change just enough to save the lives of the people she cares about.

She sighs, looking up at the sky. There it was the brightest star in the sky, the First Star of Krypton.

The star that will guide us home. Tim smiles and lets the cold wind messes her hair.

Notes:

I am going to be honest with you, my knowledge of Jaime is only based on the Young Justice cartoon... I am not really familiar with his comic story but I love him in YJ. The story with the Reach in season 2 is amazing and it is the first time I cried when watching cartoons. And since he has something to do with Bart's coming back to the past in the cartoon, I included him here too!

Chapter 27: Chapter 20: And I Found My Angel

Summary:

Colin insisted on sitting with Tim so that he can ‘protect Lady Tim from those fucking snake people!’ and Tim spent the evening lecturing Steph about teaching Colin inappropriate words.

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

Around three months before Tim’s birthday party, the Grand Duchy host a party to welcome the Heiress back to the land. Her mother’s Aide had prepared for it the moment Tim sent a letter to her mother about her stepping down as the Second Princess. The party is meant to show the nobles that the Grand Duchy is supporting Tim’s decision to go back to Bristol.

Her mother told her how important it is to invite the families that do not oppose Tim’s stepping down as the Second Princess to avoid unnecessary gossip circulating during the party because all know parties are the time nobles share and spread their rumors.

Most of the guests that arrived are the ones who supported the Drakes for years, the ambitious, and the ones who were mostly neutral in their alliance. Tim notes that there are not many nobles whose families supported the Crown Prince in the crowd. No doubt trying to show Tim that they will be with the Crown Prince’s side on the matter of Tim’s resigning as the Second Princess.

The Crown Prince has been vocal about his disagreement over Tim’s going back to Bristol. There is news that reached Tim’s ears about how the Crown Prince’s faction lodged a formal complaint to the Council to have Tim back as the Second Princess.

It irritates Tim so much knowing that they went around and telling other nobles how they ‘always saw the potential Princess Timoti has, she would be a great Princess, worthy of the Wayne name’ when before they never really show an ounce of interest in her.

Tim knows the animosity between the Crown Prince’s supporter and Drake’s supporter. Because Prince Richard is officially the First Born of King Bruce, he becomes the Heir of Gotham. Many nobles came to support him since he has shown great achievement as a knight and is charismatic. He is also well-loved by the commoners, being one himself before Bruce adopted him. However, there are some small members of high society that view blood as something more sacred.

Tim might not be King Bruce’s blood daughter, but she does share his Royal Blood. Technically, before being adopted, King Bruce is her first cousin once removed. So even though she was born a Drake, she has Royal Blood in her.

That’s why the moment Tim got adopted, some nobles tried to push King Bruce to make her the Crown Princess. But with the rejection from Bruce and the lack of response from Tim, no one has been vocal about it any longer. Though the Crown Prince’s people still see Tim as a threat to his succession, so they never really try to make nice with her.

Now, when the Crown Prince begins telling people how he wants to bring Tim back to the Waynes, they began spouting nonsense about how they always respected Tim just so the Crown Prince will notice them.

What a bunch of arse-licking two-faced people

Currently, Tim is sitting on her chair while the guests come and greet Tim. Next to her is Colin while her mother chooses to mingle with the crowd so they will know that she is happy to have Tim back as the Heiress. (If she gives the Lady’s chair to Tim, no one will make a rumor about them fighting for it).

The Ives comes up a couple of stairs to greet Tim. Lady Samantha’s face is beaming at her and she almost missed a step with all the excitement.

Tim raises from her seat, greeting them personally, and hugs Lady Samantha. Whispers fill the room as people saw how different Tim treats the Ives. “Thank you for coming Lady Samantha, it is good to see you again. You look… you look, um, beautiful” Tim feel her cheek getting warm.

Lady Samantha looks stunning, in a pink ball gown dress with a Queen Anne neckline and flare sleeves with laces adorning the dress. Tim complements the dress and the Lady’s smile is even wider and she shows off the clothes by twirling for Tim. “But of course, my dress is nothing compared to Lady Tim’s dress. No one would be able to compare the dress made by Lady Kyle!”

Tim giggles and gives her agreement. She also compliments the Viscount and Viscountess matching outfit. Tim can not help but give a little tease at the Viscount, saying that he might look even better with a black cloak on.

The Lord laughs at her teasing and glances in Colin’s direction.

Colin who was sitting next to Tim is staring at Lord Ives, mouth hangs open. Tim knows that there is a realization in Colin’s eyes when seeing the man, the boy turns to see Tim and she put a finger on her mouth. The boy nods and Tim gestures him to come forward.

“May I introduce you to my vassal? This is Sir Colin Wilkes, he is also my escort for the night”

The Ives greet Colin with his official title and the boy stand a little bit straighter. Tim can not help but pinch his cheek a little. With a huff, the boy whines for Tim to stop, and all four of them laugh at his pout.

Tim only introduces Colin to the Ives, knowing that the family will not judge the boy because of his commoner background. Colin and Lady Samantha were in the middle of chatting about Colin’s sword training when a soft cough interrupted them. Tim looks in the direction of the footman and he tilts his head to the bottom of the stairs.

Three people are waiting to greet Tim. Marchioness Vincent and her family, Tim remembers them. They are mainly neutral in the succession conflict, and they are famous for their produce and high-quality livestock. They seem nice, though Tim is not sure of their standing when it comes to Colin.

The Viscountess notices also and the Ives bid their goodbye. Tim takes Colin’s hand and leads him back to their chair.

It was a debate for a while whether or not Colin should be sitting with Tim. Lady Dana said that it might not be a good idea because it will be Colin’s first-ever public appearance and knowing how cruel some noble could be, she is afraid that Colin might get uncomfortable.

Stephanie, though, takes Colin aside and gives him some talk. The Drake Heiress did not know what they talk about but after that talk, Colin insisted on sitting with Tim so that he can ‘protect Lady Tim from those fucking snake people!’ and Tim spent the evening lecturing Steph about teaching Colin inappropriate words.

So the boy ended up sitting beside Tim and she vows to protect him from other people.

She does not introduce Colin to other people and does not allow others to speak to him without permission. She tries to establish Colin’s superiority as the Vassals of Drake Grand Duchy in society. It is etiquette that you greet the people above your rank formally and correctly, but unless they begin a conversation, you may not converse with them. If the nobles see that this etiquette applies to Colin then they will understand that Colin is someone high ranking.

Smart people will understand Tim establishing the rules to not talk to Colin unless being given permission, however, not all the nobles are smart people turned out. Example A; the Vincent family.

The Vincents give their greetings and both Colin and Tim nod in acknowledgment. Since Tim is still not sure about the family, she starts the most basic conversation starter by asking about their land condition. The Marchioness eagerly begins reporting to Tim about this year's produce. There is pride in her tone and Tim hums and nods at the appropriate times to boost her ego.

Then the conversation comes to an end and instead of giving their goodbyes, the Marchioness eyes Colin and speaks loudly to him, “Sir Wilkes, I heard so many things about you. You are ten are you not? It might be quite difficult for you to adjust from being a Child of the Church to be a vassal of such a prestigious family like the Drake. There might be many things that are different from where you come from. I mean from a commoner to a Drake, that’s two very different worlds” Tim can hear some people snicker at that remark. “But do not worry my son here is also ten, you might be benefited to have him as your-”

“Marchioness Vincent looks like you might need to brush up on your court etiquette” Tim channel her Drake Alpha voice and the ballroom becomes silent.

The Marchioness and her husband whose also eyeing Colin turn pale as they see how displeased Tim is.

“You-your Grace?”

“I do not remember Sir Colin permitting you to speak to him. He has acknowledged your greeting but since he did not start a conversation you should have known not to speak to him. You are a Marchioness, you should know how etiquette works”

People in the room start whispering. Everyone is tense seeing how Tim acts. She knows that she looks like Grand Duchess Janet right now. People who have been unfortunate enough to see her Mother’s ire will be mindful enough to not make the same mistake as this family in the future.

“You should remember who you are talking to Marchioness. Even if he is a child, he is my vassal, therefore a member of the Drake family. He ranks higher than you and you should have known well how to act in front of him. Or do you think you are equal to a Drake?” Tim tilts her head, eyes hard and cold.

The couple immediately bows down, sensing that one more wrong move and they will be in trouble “We-we apologize, Your Grace. We were arrogant to think that we can casually talk to a Drake. Of course, we are nothing compared to the Drakes” the Marchioness grabs her son’s arm and forces him to bow down also.

It is humiliating sight, for sure, but Tim takes this as an opportunity to put an example to other people not to mess with Colin. (and the way they speak to Colin just now. Tim needs the lesson to stick so they might be not tempted to talk like that to Colin again).

“I think you should apologize to Sir Colin since he is the one you offended” Tim sees the shame flickering in the eyes of the couple. Apologizing in front of a crowd is already humiliating enough, but apologizing to someone who was a commoner mere months ago? Tim is sure that their pride will never recover from this.

Good, let others know I will not stand for others to hurt my people

The couple is still silent in front of Tim and it tries her patient, “Well? Are you going to stand there and continue to waste our time or are you going to apologize for your rudeness?”

The couple then bows down even lower and starts to apologize formerly to Colin. The people who see them begin to shift uncomfortably. Some even avert their eyes.

Tim thinks about how to make it even more humiliating when Colin speaks up.

“I do not accept your apology”

Gasps can be heard all over the room. The Marchioness and her husband look up so fast that they stumble a little. Tim never knows that anyone could be angry and afraid at the same time. But that’s not important, because did Colin just say he does not accept?

“I do not and will not accept your apology” Colin stands up from his seat and speaks loud enough for people to hear without needing to shout. His stance is straight and his expression is controlled. He tilts his head up a little to show he is superior to the people in front of him. Tim stares at him and sees how he carries himself like a pure-blooded Drake.

“You should know well about my position in society, I am the Vassal of Drake Grand Duchy, a member of the Drake family. I should be given the respect my position demands. For you to casually speak to me without my permission is the greatest offense you have done tonight” He balls his fist beside him “I reject your apology and you may live the rest of your life knowing that you have offended a Drake”

Wow, Tim has never felt more proud than this moment.

Colin dismissed them and sit back on his chair. Knowing that they just doomed themself to a life of great humiliation, the Marchioness and the Marquess begin to prostrate and beg for forgiveness from Colin.

Tim signals to Sir Bernard and the knight orders some guards to take away the Vincent family. Tim feels bad about the child that has to get dragged by the knights but she can not show mercy after what Colin has done. It will undermine him and Tim will not jeopardize his newly established superiority.

The moment the door closes, the party continues. The next guests to greet Tim and Colin become extra careful not to offend both Drakes. And Tim feels satisfied to know that Colin has shown his worth on his own.

“I see that your governess has done well,” Tim tells Colin when there is no one greeting them, “You were amazing just now Colin but you should not have to worry about dealing with nobles”

Colin then reaches out to Tim and grabs her hands. He squeezes and with the most determined look ever even with pink-tinted his cheek, “I am a Drake now, I have to act like a Drake in public so no one can say mean things to you!”

Tim feels her lips pull back into a smile. She squeezes Colin’s hand back and leans forward a little bit to whisper in his direction, “A Drake huh? Does that mean you are my cute little brother now?” her tone was meant to be teasing and Tim is expecting Colin to be all shy and denial but then he leans forward and whispers.

“I already think of you as my sister”

And if anyone tells you that the Heiress of Drake Grand Duchy cries in the middle of a party, Tim needs to remind you that parties are where rumor begins.

Notes:

I really enjoyed writing this one, especially the one where Colin just destroy those snobs lol

Chapter 28: Chapter 21: Blood of the Covenant

Summary:

“Tt. As expected, a mere commoner would not be able to properly appreciate the taste of this high-quality tea” Prince Damian says with a sneer.

Colin glares at him, but his lower lips tremble a little. There is a little shame on his face, ever since he comes to the Castle, Colin tries so hard to meet the standard of a Drake. He tries to show everyone that he can conduct himself in a public setting, that he can carry himself like a pure-blooded Drake.

Notes:

...aaaanddd another chapter since this story is already finished in my google doc so why not post two chapters? asdfghjhgfds

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

After the party the Grand Duchy hosted, rumors spread among the nobles. A caution to others who did not attend to mind their words in front of the Vassal of Drake Grand Duchy. They told the story of the unfortunate family who forgot their standing and was reminded in the most humiliating way possible.

Tim is glad that now Colin’s position in the Grand Duchy will be safe.

The nobles who work with her family all seem to have sudden respect for Colin because he defended himself in a manner that reflects the pride of a Drake. They commented on how Colin shows the potential to be an honorable member of the Drake family.

The entire day after Duke Lucius and his associates compliment on how well Colin handled the Vincents, Tim can not help but emit a pride-parent aura. She feels like she is floating on air every time people compliment Colin’s achievements.

Currently, Tim is observing Colin and Ishim Maleate, the son of Baroness Maleate, who are reading in the library.

Some of Marchioness Vincent’s comments struck at Tim. Colin was from a different background from the other children of nobles. He was a commoner, an orphan, before. Even with the teachers who provide top-class education to him, there will still be some areas that he will struggle with.

Teachers provide theory, a description of what should be done in certain situations. But the application of it, Colin has to do it alone. It will be alright if he is with Tim because she can guide him through it, but there will be a time when he has to be by himself. He can not rely on Tim forever.

That is why Tim has written to the Baroness and requested her son to be Colin’s conversation partner. He is older than Colin by two years, but they are still close enough that it will not be a problem.

Tim has requested Ishim to help Colin navigate the world of high society and to ask him to help Colin whenever Tim is not around to help.

Ishim is old enough to understand his role and he has already gone to many social gatherings to remember the rope. He promised Tim that he will help Colin with the practical aspect of manner and etiquette.

It was awkward at first because Colin still have difficulties trusting strangers and he was afraid that his time with Tim will be cut short. But Ishim was patient. And after many reassurances from Tim, and Ishim's gentle coaxing, Colin becomes comfortable enough to play with him.

It is peaceful in the library, with both children whispering to each other over a book and Tim finishing her work.

But the peace never lasts long because the Head Butler comes into the library looking nervous. His eyes met with Tim and he walks briskly towards her.

“Apology Your Grace but your presence is required in Lady Dana’s office”

“Is there anything wrong?”

“No, My Lady, is just...” the man who used to be so sure and compose before looks as if he has just swollen a rotten egg. “There are guests, Your Grace”

“Guest? Why have I not been informed of this?” Tim raises from her chair and ordered Lily to take her paperwork back to her office.

“They, um, they come suddenly Your Grace”

“Who dares to come without any prior notice like that?” annoyance seeps from her tone making the butler flinches a little.

“It’s the Royal Family My Lady”

And whatever peace left at that moment has shattered. Tim feels anger rose inside her. She has made it clear that she does not welcome the Royal Family on her land. Sir Wally has come to the Grand Duchy four times now since the party, each time with a letter from the Waynes. He also gave the Crown Prince’s invitation to meet. On the fourth time, Tim has clearly stated to Sir Wally that she does not appreciate their persistence and has banned the knight and the Royal Family to visit Bristol.

And like the true Wayne fashion, of course, they ignore it and come straight to Bristol.

She asks the Head Butler to escort Ishim back home. She apologizes to the boy and asks Colin to go to his room. However, Colin is stubborn, and he wants to be with Tim.

“Lady Steph is on her day off! I don’t want you to go alone!” Colin grabs Tim's hand with his, “I promised Lady Steph that I will protect you while she’s away! I am going with you!”

Tim does not know what story Steph told Colin about Tim and the Waynes, but Colin showed a certain degree of distaste towards them. Tim squeezes Colin’s hand and they march towards her mother’s office.

“Lily, I want you to inform the kitchen for tea and dessert and prepare the garden. I might not like them coming without prior notice but we can not let that become our reason to neglect our guests”

Lily bows and hurries to do her duties.

Tim feels her anger rise the closer they are to the office. She has done everything right, she has the right as the owner of the land to refuse guests. And with how prestigious the Drake household is, she can even extend that to the Royal. She has written a formal letter issuing the matter and delivered it with Sir Wally.

She has a strong reason to do so and the Royal family should have honored her request.

But instead of doing that, they barged into her home and made her staff nervous. Go figure, they never respected me before as the Second Princess, why would they respect me now as a mere Heiress?

Tim does not bother to knock, she opens the door and is met by the sight of her mother standing uneasy in front of her while the Waynes were sitting on the chair and sofa. She greets them coldly, trying to convey her annoyance in her posture and tone.

“Tim!” her mother turns around and comes to her side “I am sorry to bother you and Colin’s time with Ishim. Is he.. is he with you?”

“No, I have sent Ishim home, mother”

“Oh-oh, I’m glad”

“Well, it is quite an unexpected visit after all. One that is clearly unwelcome here in the Grand Duchy. I wonder what reason they have to disrespect my request”

The Waynes give a different reaction to Tim’s cold demeanor. King Bruce has a pinched expression. The Crown Prince looks down while biting his lips, looking seconds before crying. Prince Jason gives a glare towards King Bruce, arms wrap around his torso. Prince Damian scowls at Tim and Colin. Not surprisingly there, Damian has a very negative point of view when it comes to commoners.

“Tim, I want…. we need to talk”, a maid comes in before King Bruce can continue and announces that the garden is ready.

“Ah yes, may we move this to the garden? Our staff has prepared tea and some desserts for the Royal family. Lady Veronica if you will lead our guests there” Lady Dana’s aide immediately lead the Waynes out of the room and into the garden.

Tim refuses to make eye contact with any of them, even when Prince Richard pauses for a moment in front of her. She keeps her eyes train on Colin who looks uncomfortable.

When the Waynes were gone, Lady Dana immediately grabs Tim’s hands, “I had tried to send them home, I have told them that you do not want to meet them but they are so stubborn, I just... the King threatened to increase our the tax for Bristol and I just... after the earthquake we can not afford-”

“It’s okay mom, I know you have done your best to make sure they won’t see me. But it is still the King and as powerful as the Drakes are, we are still below the Waynes. I understand”

With that, Tim lead her mother and Colin to the garden.

The Waynes are already seated at the garden’s gazebo, afternoon tea and desserts spread on the table. They are discussing something in a hushed tone. Prince Jason looks like he wants to yell before he sees Tim and closes his mouth

Looks like King Bruce drags him against his will

The Drakes sit down opposite the Waynes. The maids are busy pouring tea, and all the people sitting at the table do not try to make conversation. The Waynes because they do not know how to start. The Drakes because they do not want to.

“Ah, only one sugar please,” Colin says when the maid almost puts down another sugar cube in his teacup.

“Only one? You usually have three” Tim asks. Colin who is born as a commoner is not used to the taste of tea. It is too bitter for him and he does not like to drink it unless with three cubes of sugar. Whenever they have an afternoon tea together, Colin will have cocoa instead most of the time.

It is strange for him to suddenly request only one.

“Yes, but three sugar cubes are for children. I am growing up now so I will learn to drink with only one” there is a determined gleam in his eyes. He nods once as if trying to hype himself into drinking the tea.

“Tt. As expected, a mere commoner would not be able to properly appreciate the taste of this high-quality tea” Prince Damian says with a sneer.

Colin glares at him, but his lower lips tremble a little. There is a little shame on his face, ever since he comes to the Castle, Colin tries so hard to meet the standard of a Drake. He tries to show everyone that he can conduct himself in a public setting, that he can carry himself like a pure-blooded Drake.

Comment from Prince Damian who is his age must hurt a lot more than from adults.

Tim hums and cups the side of Colin’s face, “When did you become such a grown-up Colin? Please do not grow up too fast, I still want to see my cute little Colin enjoying his life as a child”

Lady Dana giggles as she brushes the boy’s bangs, “Oh, Colin, our sweet little boy... I like my tea sweet also, even though I am an adult. Tea is meant to be enjoyed, if it is with three sugar then so be it”

Colin is still stubborn, however, determines that he will be able to drink the tea with only one sugar. Tim watches as the boy takes a sip of his tea and gags as the bitter taste assaulted his taste bud.

“Oh, here have this cake to wash it down Colin” Tim takes a small piece of strawberry cake with her spoon and feeds it to Colin. The boy takes it without complaint and mother puts two more sugar cubes to his cup.

Tim gives him compliments and reassurance despite Prince Damian's cruel remark on Colin’s inability to drink bitter tea. He even shows off to Colin by drinking his tea that has no sugar in it.

Colin looks crushed and glares at his tea like it has personally offended him. Lady Dana and her share a look before Tim decides to finally talk to the Waynes so this can be done quickly and she can comfort Colin in private.

“May I know the reason for your visit, Your Majesty?”

King Bruce startles when Tim addresses him. He was focused on observing Tim’s interaction with Lady Dana and Colin. “Ah, I just want to know how are you faring these days Tim”

“Funny, you seem to never concern yourself with my well-being during my stay at the Royal Palace” she sips at her tea, eyeing the Waynes behind the rim of her teacup. She does not trust the King. There is no way the only reason they are here is to know about Tim’s condition.

Prince Richard looks heartbroken but stays quiet. He sends Tim a puppy eyes look, pleading for her to address him. Tim will not even try to pretend to be nice to him. Out of all of the Princes, the Crown Prince has betrayed her the most. In the future where Tim needs him the most, he just proclaimed Tim as mentally ill and then ignored Tim to take care of Prince Damian.

“Tim, I-I understand that you are mad at us… at me especially, but I want you to know that I do care about you. We all do. The thing that happens during dinner, is because Damian has been under a lot of stress. You know how his mom and grandfather are in a civil war. He was worried about his mom and-”

“I am going to stop you right there, Your Majesty” Tim raises her hand to stop King Bruce. Strangely, the King complies. She assesses every Wayne in front of her. King Bruce looks confused, the Crown Prince looks hurt, the third Prince looks at her in annoyance, and the Second Prince…

Prince Jason is glaring daggers towards the King. His hands form fists, they are tightly clenched. He is controlling his anger. Tim spares a moment to wonder how long will it last.

“You came here, wondering how I was faring and trying to give me some flimsy excuse about what happened during dinner” Tim sighs, “Even after all the things I yelled at you, you still do not understand, do you, Your Majesty?”

“What? Tim, I am trying to apologize”

“By making excuses for the Third Prince” Tim shakes her head in disbelief, “Do you hear yourself, Your Majesty? ‘ The thing that happens during dinner, is because Prince Damian has been under a lot of stress’ . He attacks me unprompted and you try to give him an excuse for his rude behavior?”

The Crown Prince grimaces, “Come on Tim, you know that the civil war between the Al Ghuls is stressing Damian out”

“And that should excuse his behavior?” Tim turns her glare towards the young Prince who flinches before returning her glare, “You are a member of the Royal family, Third Prince. Can you call yourself a member of the Wayne when you lack table manners?”

“Why you Drake!”

“Tim that’s uncalled for!” the Crown Prince has the audacity to glare at her.

“Tim, you can not just say that about Damian when-”

“See? You are doing it again. Readily defending the Third Prince even when I said nothing wrong” both the older Waynes flinches at her reprimanding tone, “You were about to make me the bad person, making it as if I am doing it out of ill intent. Tell me Your Majesty, which is worse? Pointing out the truth or stabbing someone with a knife unprompted?”

Something shift in the atmosphere, making it colder despite it being near summer. “And before you try to excuse his behavior, need I remind you of what you have been telling me, Your Majesty? ‘A royal should not let their own emotion and problems affect them. If you want to be called a Wayne, Tim, you should know how to conduct yourself’ Isn’t that what you preached, Your Majesty? Does it not apply to your children?”

The King looks chastised. He ducks his head, unable to come up with an answer.

“You said you wanted to apologize but instead of saying your apology, you gave me an excuse to make the Third Prince’s action seems excusable. He attacked me with a knife, injuring my arms because he can not control his emotion.” Tim sighs, “I do not expect much of you, but I never would have thought that you can manage to disappoint me even further”

Unable to stay silent any longer, Prince Damian smacks the table at points at Tim, “You dare to look down on us Drake! You arrogant wench!”

Before any of the Waynes or Drakes can reply to the Prince’s outburst. Colin stands up from his seat, “Who do you call a wench, you bastard!”

If the situation is not as serious as it is, Tim might take a step back to laugh at Prince Damian’s expression. However, it is still an offense to call a Royal family derogatory names -even though it is fitting, considering Prince Damian’s origin-. Tim tries to deescalate the situation before it becomes too much but fails when Prince Damian replies. The adults ended up watching the two with mouths wide open.

“How dare you call me a bastard, you filthy commoner!”

“You nobles are no better than us commoner if you can’t even mind the way you talk!”

“You think that because you receive pity from the deranged Drake and has an education you can be equal to us? We are born to be excellent, while you are destined to be inferior to us!”

“You must be standing too high up that your brain short-circuited, the only difference between us is the privilege you are born with!”

“Hah! Look at this! The commoner trying so hard to look smart!” the Prince scoffs, “I guess, you are suitable to be the vassal of this pretender ” he points his finger at Tim. Even after months of staying away from the Royal family, it still hurts a little hearing that word again.

Colin looks ready to burst, he is shaking with his rage and his hand close to a fist, “Do not insult Tim again, I warn you”

Prince Damian glares at him, something is reflecting in his eyes that Tim has recognized many times in the young Prince’s face. Jealousy. But of what?

“Why do you care if I insult that ingrate?”

“She’s my sister, and I will make you regret insulting her-”

Prince Damian attacks.

There are no sharp objects on the table but it does not stop the Prince from using blunt items as weapons. He smashes a plate at Colin’s head after tackling him to the ground. Colin is shocked at first but soon able to have an opening and punches the Prince on the gut. The King tries to yank Prince Damian away but both of them roll away from His Majesty’s reach.

They exchange a couple of blows before Colin has enough and uses his full strength. He kicks the Prince in the stomach sending him away. Prince Richard manages to catch him but the young Prince breaks free and lunges at Colin again.

Having enough of the Prince's behavior, Tim intercepts the attack. She blocks Prince Damian’s attack before she reached out and pinches at the point where his neck meets his shoulder and puts pressure on it. A technique she learns from Ra’s Al Ghul himself.

The Prince instantly collapses, looking up at her with horror and realization. Tim looks down at the boy crumpled on the floor for a couple of seconds before glaring at the King.

“This is the behavior you want to excuse? Not only did he insult me by calling me a wench, but he also insulted my brother and attacked him. He can not keep a cool head as expected of a Wayne. Your lack of reprimanding is the reason for this behavior of his, you did not want to do the hard work of making him shed the teaching of the Al Ghuls so you choose the easy way. You chose to have me as the scapegoat for his rude behavior blaming me for all the horrible things he did. Because you can not handle dealing with the Prince’s tantrum after being reprimanded.

“And to think you have the audacity to say you are apologizing? Fix that lack of parenting of yours first before even thinking of apologizing to me” Tim scoffs at them, squatting down to finally check on Colin. Blood seeping down from his temple, and it ignites the burning fire in her chest, “I invoke the Third Law of Inheritance”

Her mother gasps at her statement while King Bruce looks at her in horror. He scrambles towards her, “Wait, Tim- please, don’t-”

“For here on forth, the Drake family declares its independence from the Royal family of Gotham. We will not support the Royal family any longer. Any connection the two families have so far will be considered null and void. Any Waynes who step into Bristol without a letter of acceptance from a member of Drake's family will be treated as a trespasser.” Tim presses her handkerchief to Colin’s wound.

“Now, I suggest you leave before I ask the guards to throw you out”

Notes:

Oops, the drama thickens... why is it always drama with the Waynes I wonder hmmm

A little in-universe fact:
So Third Law of Inheritance is the law to give independence to the Drake Grand Duchy. So they will be separated from Gotham and the Royal family and become self-govern. This law was created when there is a divide between the Waynes and the Drakes once upon a time. Bruce's great-many-great-grandfather has twins, and it becomes confusing to the succession of the Crown. One of the twins ended up being married to the then House of Drake Duchy's Heir and given the title Grand Duchess. However, there was trouble when the descendants of the Grand Duchess felt that they have a claim of the Crown. After years of civil wars between the family, the Law of Inheritance was created. There are four laws, First and Second Laws are applied automatically and they deal with the diplomatic relationship between the Waynes and Drakes including marriage between families when their common ancestry was already too far. The Third and Fourth law was created in case there is another divide between the two families. The Law can only be invoked by the Waynes and the Drakes and once it is invoked the can not be undone unless there are treaty and further agreement.

Chapter 29: Side Chapter: Damian “Dami” Al Ghul-Wayne

Summary:

Damian was born from two great lineages, the Waynes who rules the Kingdom of Gotham that is famous for their prowess in the continent of Justice, and the Al Ghuls who rules Nanba Parbat that produced the best assassins in the world.

From birth, he is someone who only knows greatness. He is the heir to the League of Assassins and the Heir for the title of ‘The Bat’.

He is superior to other people. No one else could compare to him in the League, and none shall in Gotham.

Notes:

So I did say that I am planning to post two chapters each week, but it turns out that they are only three chapters left for part 2 and I don't one to post anything from part 3 yet. I am planning to take a break for holiday, so after this side chapter there will only be two more chapters that mark the end of part 2 then I will post the new part in January!

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

Damian was born from two great lineages, the Waynes who rules the Kingdom of Gotham that is famous for their prowess in the continent of Justice, and the Al Ghuls who rules Nanba Parbat that produced the best assassins in the world.

From birth, he is someone who only knows greatness. He is the heir to the League of Assassins and the Heir for the title of ‘The Bat’.

He is superior to other people. No one else could compare to him in the League, and none shall in Gotham.

He is raised with the belief that his Father's kingdom is rightfully his. Something he will get in the future because of the blood running in his vein. He was promised the title ‘Robin’, a title given to the children of ‘The Bat’ before they succeeded the throne.

Every single year during his birthday, his Mother will regal the glorious future for him before their annual Birthday Fight. She promised him if he defeated her then she will bring him to his Father. It motivated him, pushing him to complete each training. To perfect every lesson.

By the age of 7, he could carry out elaborated, almost impossible, assassination missions by himself. Something that reached even his Grandfather’s ears.

Damian longs the day he comes to Gotham and takes over for his Father. He will lead Gotham to reach a new level of greatness. Every time he told his Mother about his plans, there will be a ghost of love and pride reflected in her eyes while she smiles at him. He vows to deliver his promise to his Mother, whatever it takes.

On his eighth birthday, he managed to defeat his Mother, and as promised his Mother brought him to Gotham.

She warned him about all the orphans that Father had managed to collect. She told her how they began to forget their place and acted as the owner in the Palace. She ordered him to take care of all the strays in the Palace to secure his position as the one true Heir of Gotham.

With renewed, determination Damian seeks an audience with his Father.

Out of all the strays Father collected, the biggest threat to Damian’s position is Drake. Someone who is Gotham born and bred. Someone who is born noble and someone who has Royal Blood in her, just like Damian.

He tried to assassinate Drake multiple times to no avail. Drake despite her fragile body, managed to avoid getting hit in fatal places until someone is able to defend her sorry self.

Pathetic Damian scoffs as he saw Fox shielding her Robin should have been mine

The young Prince is aware of the rumor on high society. The nobles of Gotham, despite most accepting Grayson as their Crown Prince, have favor Drake more than him despite him being Father’s blood son.

Some morons are wary over the fact that he is born as an Al Ghul. Damian did not pay them much attention. People who are afraid of the Al Ghuls are just weak inferiors who will easily be replaced. When he becomes King, he will order execution to the family of nobles who dare oppose him.

Though it is plain to see how pathetic Drake is, Father gets upset whenever he attacked her.

“Don’t you see Father? She is weak! She is unimportant! She does not deserve the title Princess! I am doing this family a favor by eliminating her before she further disgraces our family!”

“Damian, we do not attack family members! I know the teaching of your Grandfather, and I want you to understand that it does not apply here. You do not need to kill your sibling because they are not your competitor. You have your own place here, just like they have theirs. I need you to try to stop attacking your sister okay?”

Father may have been deeply manipulated by Drake. Damian learns to do things differently in order for Father to finally see how they do not need Drake.

When he reached the four months mark of his stay at Gotham, he concluded that verbal attack is something that he can get away with. As long as there isn’t blood, Damian can say whatever he wants to Drake. He can remind that wench of her rightful position; below the Waynes.

Even if Drake manages to retaliate, Father and Grayson will just defend Damian and scold Drake. As they should.

However, despite Damian's best effort to make Drake understand that she is unwanted, she will invite Damian to have tea or a meal together. Something that has annoyed him to no end.

She will always smile whenever she sees Damian and will try to spend time with him. As expected from Drake, the sheer level of obliviousness astound him. She seems to never realize that Damian is on a different level than her.

Though it is quite entertaining seeing her trailing after Damian like a lost dog, trying her best to please him.

“Good afternoon Dami! How are you? Would you like to join me for tea?” Drake will always make a point to greet him informally even though she is beneath him. Damian had had a conversation with Pennyworth about Drake’s lack of etiquette, only to receive a passive-aggressive comment about his own impeccable manner.

“Tt. How many times do I have to explain to you? Address me with the proper title!”

“Dami, I am your sister, why would I-”

“You are not my sister, you incompetent fool!”

And despite Damian's best effort to get rid of the nuisance, Drake will come to greet him again and ask him to join her for tea. She will desperately try to make Damian accept her invitation, and there will be a time where Damian will accept.

Just to humor the fool, mind you, not because Damian finds it relaxing being in Drake’s presence. (definitely a reprieve from Grayson’s tendency to be overbearing while they are together sometimes).

So the cycle began with Drake forgetting her standing and greeting Damian informally then inviting him for tea, while Damian will occasionally accept the invites to remind her that she is inferior and not part of the Waynes. 

“Do you like the cake, little brother?”

 “Don’t call me that. Tt, it is adequate considering your questionable taste” Drake would look properly chastised before she shook herself and continued being familiar with Damian. Typical Drake, being deliberately obtuse. When will she understand that she is not part of the Royal family?

 (And if Grayson and Father see it as them ‘bonding’ , it is just because both of them have been manipulated by Drake for too long).

Then everything changed. After she miraculously survived the poison, a fact that Damian loathes knowing, she caused problems to the Waynes.

She starts by visiting the family who tried to kill her, which is a testament to her stupidity. Then she coldly dismissed Father during breakfast, which just proves how way over her head she is. Lastly, she began to avoid all the Waynes.

This causes problems for Damian because he became the sole target of Grayson’s… Grayson-ness.

The himbo would seek out Damian whenever he is free of duty. Even when Damian clearly does not want his company.

His resentment towards Drake only increases when one day Grayson looks out the window of Damian’s playroom and saw Drake and Fox in the garden.

Drake was smiling, something she has never done to any of the Waynes for about four months. Whenever she caught a glimpse at Damian in the hall, she will simply bow down and go back from the way she came and hide from Damian. She never gives Damian that annoying bright wide smile or greets him with that annoying nickname. She never even invited him to tea anymore. And she has done it to all the Waynes.

Out of all the Waynes, Grayson is the most affected because of his unbearable need to be loved.

That is why that day, when they both saw how Drake smile up to Fox, while they walk side by side in the garden, Grayson snapped and punched the nearest wall. There is still a dent there.

He cried and left the room. Damian did not see him after for a week. That is why Damian hated Drake. She has caused nothing but problems and suffering to the family.

(He definitely does not hate her because he felt betrayed by her who easily chooses other people than Damian. No, that is not is).

Her attitude during dinner just ignites more of that hatred. Something that she always managed to do. Pennyworth has scolded all of them because of that but Damian knew that there is no way Drake will leave the comfort of the Palace. That’s what makes her come in the first place, to take over what is his.

“Drakes are known to be cunning Damian, always be careful with her” his Mother’s warning replying in his head.

But then Drake leaves, and the family is in shamble.

Todd became more explosive and aggressive. Everything and anything set to anger him, especially Father. Grayson spends his time mourning and crying over Drake. While Father becomes easily irritated by people. Pennyworth does not try to hide his disappointment. Making meals an awkward affair.

Typical Drake, even when she is gone she still causes trouble to others. (Damian will not admit how the lack of Drake in the Palace tipped the balance of that place. There is some sort of peace Drake’s presence brings to the place and now that she left, the peace left with her).

It took them months to finally do something to fix the family. After that useless West manages to be banned from Bristol, they set to go to Bristol themselves.

Drake looks the same. Still cold and unapproachable, greeting them with indifference.

Then to further mock them, she let the commoner sits with them. The commoner managed to humiliate himself with his inability to enjoy the taste of tea. Can’t Drake see that this is why nobles and commoners live separately? Commoners are born to be inferiors and pathetic, they are never meant to enjoy the luxury the way nobles do.

But instead of throwing him away, Drake cupped his cheek and practically cooed at him, “When did you become such a grown-up Colin? Please do not grow up too fast, I still want to see my cute little Colin enjoying his life as a child” Damian grits his teeth trying to control his emotion.

The insults Drake throws at him do not help one bit.

“You dare to look down on us Drake! You arrogant wench!”

“Who do you call a wench, you bastard!”

And then he is fighting. He is fighting the commoner who surprisingly manages to hold on. The filthy commoner even managed to hit the Prince a couple of times. The kick he received manages to make him breathless but nothing the Prince could not handle.

He breaks free from Grayson’s hold and lunges towards the boy, but then Drake is standing in front of him blocking his attack. Damian in his shock is not able to block Drake’s hand from aiming at his neck. He feels the pressure and his whole body went limp.

How? Is what he thought when he looks up at Drake How does she know how to do a nerve strike?

Drake never learns martial art, she should not be able to block Damian’s attack let alone perform one of the oldest fighting styles of the League of Assassins. This art is something that is only taught to the best fighters of the league. Cain should be the only one outside the League who is able to do it. So how?

Then Drake declares something and guards come to escort them out. Damian who is still on the effect of the strike is carried by Grayson. He picks Damian up and places the young Prince’s head onto his shoulder. From that position, Damian manages to look at Drakes and the redhead filth.

The boy is cradled in Drake’s arm, half laying on her lap with his arms wrapped around her torso. A physician is sitting beside them, cleaning the wound on his temple. Drake is combing through his ugly red hair with her fingers. As they walk further away from the gazebo, Damian sees Drake leans down and kiss the commoner’s forehead.

“She’s my sister , and I will make you regret insulting her-”

“…Not only did he insult me by calling me a wench, but he also insulted my brother and attacked him…“

Damian still feels the anger burning in his heart for Drake but there is a pain that wasn’t there before. Some sort of pinching sensation in his heart that was even more painful than the strike. He tries to alleviate the pain by rubbing his chest but it only brings a sob out of his mouth.

I hate you, Drake. I hate you.

Notes:

Wew, honestly Damian's speech pattern always troubles me lol since as an EFL speaker I'll guarantee the chances of him speaking like he's a character out of Shakespear in real life is low... He's from the Middle East and there is no way they speak English there, they have their own language or dialect, I'm sure and even if they do speak English as their second language, it will not be the same as the ones used by native English speakers. Damian is portrayed to have this Shakespearean speech is a very common stereotype non-English native speaking English. However, I don't really hate it either because he has this superiority complex, and making him speak very formal and stiff English just make him more of a pretentious little shit (affectionate)

Chapter 30: Chapter 22: A Simple Hello and Good-Bye

Summary:

Tim's 16th birthday party is even grander than Tim could have ever imagined. From the way Steph and Bart describe what would the party look like, Tim does not doubt that they have done a marvelous job. However, looking at the party now, it is clear that they have outdone themselves.

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

Tim's 16th birthday party is even grander than Tim could have ever imagined. From the way Steph and Bart describe what would the party look like, Tim does not doubt that they have done a marvelous job. However, looking at the party now, it is clear that they have outdone themselves.

The Drake Castle is already extravagant, being one of the castles built for the first-ever Princess of the Wayne Royal Family many years ago but it is old. Now though, the Castle ballroom looks like it was in its glory. (or so the old noble members have gushed out to Tim).

Bart has managed to impress almost all the people in attendance. The news of him taking over the party preparation was the hottest gossip in the kingdom. Most of the nobles doubt that someone like Bart would be able to organize a party that meets the standard of a Drake. But seeing the party now, everyone can not help but acknowledge how competent Bart is.

Even Lady Dana is impressed. Which is quite a feat because as the Former Grand Duchess’s Lady-in-waiting, Lady Dana has been in charge of the parties hosted by the Drakes for many years. So if anyone would know a party worthy of a Drake, it is her.

Bart and Steph managed to put together a party that will be the talk of society.

The caterer they have picked is the caterer that has served the Fox Dukedom for years. Luke has personally vouched for them when Bart and Tim asked his opinion. The owner has managed to come up with a menu that satisfied the adults in attendance while still being interesting enough for the children to eat.

The orchestra band that Steph hired is the no.1 band in the continent of Justice. They are always touring around the continent and it is hard to book them for an event even with your status. How Steph manages to get them remains a mystery.

Tim sees how the guests enjoying the party. Everyone is smiling, laughing, dancing, and chatting without care. Simply enjoying being in the moment.

Royal families from other kingdoms have come to greet Tim, her mother, and Colin. From the Royal Family of Themyscira to President John Stewart and Vice President Hal Jordan of the Lantern Republic.

There is also the Queens who arrived with all of the members, surprisingly, unlike in the past. Emperor Oliver hugs Tim, even though it is a little awkward with Princess Lian on his hip, and regaling her of his birthday gifts.

“My Imperial Majesties, I hope that you enjoy tonight’s party,” her mother says, beaming at the sight of the Imperial family. Her mother knew Empress Dinah when she was still Grand Duchess Janet’s Lady-in-waiting. She told Tim that the three of them used to chat over tea before the Grand Duchess's death.

“Lady Dana, how lovely to see you again” Empress Dinah hugs her, “if not for a fact that the Emperor scorns the Patriarch of Gotham, I could have visited you as much as I like”

“Oh come on Pretty Bird, why the blame?”

“Oh, so it is not your fault then?” Empress Dinah smirks.

“Well, your presence today is already enough Empress Dinah” her mother replies.

“Then shall we talk gifts? I want to give you this personally, the Rosetta Ruby, Princess Timoti. The rarest ruby indeed!” Emperor Queen boasts as a servant comes closer and opens a box containing said jewel, “A beautiful jewel befitting the beautiful Lady”

“Thank you, Your Majesty, this is a most gracious present” Tim accepts the box, admiring the beautiful necklace. Her mother and Colin stare in awe at the intricate design and shines of the gem.

“Oh, Tim, the necklace matches well with your dress!” her mother coos, “Shall I help you with it?”

“Oh! Lady Dana, do not trouble yourself with it” Emperor Oliver takes the box from Tim then hands it over to Crown Prince Connor, “Connor, would you be so kind to help the Lady?”

Crown Prince Connor’s eyes widen taking the box. He turns his gaze to Tim’s

With how quiet the hall is, everyone surely hears their conversation. Their eyes zeroing on the Crown Prince’s every movement. They try to see what the Crown Prince would do. Whether he will put the necklace to Tim’s neck or not.

Tim’s heart beats a little thinking about the intimacy of the act, then she feels uncomfortable when she realizes what the Emperor is doing.

Making Crown Prince Connor the one placing the necklace will surely ignite their engagement rumors. If the Emperor himself has shown favor to Tim as his son’s potential match then rumor might no longer be just rumor.

“Ah, Your Majesty, perhaps it will be uncomfortable for Lady Drake if I-”

“Nonsense!” the Emperor laughs, “You two know each other since you are children! I saw you two dance at Mia’s ball! Surely, helping the Lady with her necklace will be fine!” the Emperor shoots the Crown Prince with a glare.

Empress Dinah, Prince Roy, and Princess Mia exchange glance with each other while the Emperor and the Crown Prince glares at each other. The atmosphere changed after that, it becomes colder as if both Queens are ready for a fight.

Her mother tenses beside her and Tim decides to stop before things get more intense. She turns around, exposing her neck to the Crown Prince, “If you will, Crown Prince”

There is a moment of hesitation from the Crown Prince, but then Tim feels it. A ghost of a touch, a brush of fingers on her skin. Then the necklace is placed and secured on her neck.

It might be a little bit inappropriate for Tim to feel excited over the action. There is warmth lingering at her nape. She knows she should not feel it, but the Crown Prince is a handsome man and the act is very intimate. So, it is not entirely her fault if she feels her heart beating a little bit faster.

Tim turns and over a smile, “Thank you, Your Highness”

Crown Prince Connor smiles back at her. This prompts the Emperor to force his son to ask for her first dance. The Crown Prince tries to deflect but the Emperor is adamant.

Then like an angel that she is, Princess Lian tugs at Emperor Oliver’s goatee and whines, “Granpa Ollie, I’m hungry” and just like that the Emperor coos at his Granddaughter and forgets about his matchmaking attempts. Emperor Oliver, Empress Dinah, and her mother then walk towards the dessert table while Princess Lian tells about her favorite cake and why it is her favorite

After the adults leave, Prince Roy sighs loudly and gives Tim an apologetic look, “Sorry about that Princess, I mean Lady Drake, after your dance with Connor and your falling out with the Royal family, His Imperial Majesty is quite adamant to have you as the Crown Princess. He really likes you, the only reason he did not continue with the arranged marriage between you two after your parents’ death is that he hates dealing with King Wayne”

“Yes, and he took the opportunity of your separation with the Royal Family. Even though I have made clear that I shall look for a match my self” the Crown Prince adds with a grimace, “I am truly sorry Your Grace, I shall make sure he understands that his meddling needs to stop”

Tim laughs at that and thanks the Crown Prince.

“If I am allowed to be bold Your Grace,” there is a pink tint on her cheek as she leans closer to Tim, trying to avoid the others’ gazes. “I agree with Dad, I would like for the Lady to be my future sister-in-law”

“Mia!! Crown Prince Connor blushes.  

“Wait, wait! Let’s not be too hasty now!” Prince Roy look panics at the prospect of Tim being married to the Queen’s family. (Since Prince Roy and Prince Jason are secretly in a relationship with marriage in mind. It is understandable if he does not want Tim, Prince Jason’s former sister, to be wed to his family. Imagine the family dinner if it happens).

The Queen siblings start to bicker.

Before Tim can try to diffuse the bickering, Sir Bernard coughs behind her. She turns to see him inclining his head towards the bottom of the stair. Tim feels a little bit of a deja-vu when her eyes catch the color of the sky.

She feels her world turning upside down when she sees Kon standing waiting to greet her.

He's wearing the same clothes from the past looking annoyed, staring at Tim then at the Crown Prince. Tim has prepared her heart for days but she still feels scared meeting Kon.

She stares at Conner for too long, the Crown Prince notices her and turns to see what kept her attention. When he notices Kon, he nudges his siblings and they offer their goodbye.

After the Queen siblings left, Kon walks up the stairs and greets her. “I, Kon-El, Son of Kal-El, congratulates the Heiress of Drake Grand Duchy, Her Grace, Timoti Drake for her 16th year of living. May Rao blesses this day”

Tim tries so hard not to smile, offering a bow instead “I greet the First Star of Krypton, Kon-El, Son of Kal-El. Please accept my gratitude for the good wishes”

The KronPrinz rolls his eyes at her, standing languidly “Ah, yes yes you should be showing your gratitude in my wonderful presence. Not all people could be near my being after all”

Tim determines to not change the interaction between them, so she recites every answer she gave in the past for every question Kon utters. Kon scoffs and becomes more annoyed at her responses.

“Whatever, I hope you know that this is not my choice to be attending this party. I mean why would I attend a party of a little girl anyway? I mean, sure yeah it’s fine if the girl has a little more... meat on her body but oh well, it means this is your lucky day huh?”

“Of course, KronPriz” Tim feels Colin’s hand tugging at her sleeves, “Yes, what is it, Colin?”

The redhead stares at Kon then excuses himself to go to the restroom. Tim orders Sir Bernard to accompany Colin and both leave after giving the KronPrinz their goodbye.

Tim sees their retreated before turning back to face Kon, “Apology Your Highness”

Kon flinches at her sudden attention, “Ah, no, it’s quite alright” He stares at Tim with an undescribable look, “Is that your Vassal?”

That shock Tim. In the past, Kon already leaves at this point. He only greeted Tim as required then leave and never made contact with Tim again. Conversations they have in the past were forced upon them at the beginning. Now though, Kon decides to engage in a conversation first?

“Ah, yes my brother Your Highness” Tim feels a little out of depth, this is way outside of the scenario in her head. She does not know what to do to ensure Kon’s affection if things went differently from the past.

Kon’s eyes widen, “Brother?”

“Yes, my brother”

“Ah, I see. The rumor is true after all” Kon smirks “You do have a fall out with the Waynes. So is he their replacement or something?”

Tim glares at Kon at the word ‘replacement’. She knows firsthand how painful it is to be called a ‘replacement’ for someone. Prince Jason always called her that and it hurt so much to be called that without someone reassuring her she is not. (It became one of the reasons for her declining self-confidence).

“Colin is not a replacement KronPrinz, he is a Drake and he is my brother. What happened between me and the Royal family has nothing to do with my decision to take him in” Tim levels him with a stare, “He is a brilliant young boy who has a huge capacity of love and care in his heart. He has shown determination to meet the standard of Drake while managing to maintain humble. He is not a replacement, Your Highness, he managed to steal my affection and that’s the reason he’s my brother. I hope the KronPriz would mind his word in his presence”

Kon takes a step back at Tim’s remark and he looks chastised. He bows down and offers his goodbye but then stops in the middle. He looks hesitant before asking, “May I have your first dance, Your Grace?”

Tim hears Colin’s footsteps. Looking at Kon’s eyes, Tim tries to capture the image in front of her. The image of Kon looking shy, a juxtaposition to his confident image. “It would be an honor Your Highness, but I have promised my first dance to Crown Prince Connor. Ah, I mean, Connor, Prince Hawk. The Heir of Queen Em-”

Kon laughs as Tim stumbles for an explanation, “Yes, I understand who you meant My Lady. It is quite confusing since we have similar names. Perhaps after?”

And Tim sees him smiling, not the fake over-confidently smile he wore in public but a genuine smile. The smile he gave Tim every time they are together. “I would be delighted My Star”

“I, Kon-El, Son of Kal-El, wish the Heiress of Drake Grand Duchy a very blessed day” with that goodbye Kon walks away towards the dance floor.


The party was over about an hour ago but Tim still feel energetic. She closes her eyes and tries to imagine the dance she just had with Kon. It was a little bit awkward when the Crown Prince of Queen handed her over to the KronPrinz of Krypton. They exchanged glares and the former was a bit reluctant to let Tim’s hand go.

But when he did, Kon swooped in and they began their dance.

It has been so long since both of them dance together. Tim kept trying to hold back tears. Kon still moved as if gravity did not hold him. He glided across the dance floor bringing Tim with him. It feels like flying on the cloud.

Tim was in the middle of reliving that moment, dancing in the middle of her bedroom, when a clap interrupts her.

She stops and sends a glare to Slade who dramatically wipes a tear out of his eye. “They grew up so fast, first they are children sneaking to a guild then they are dancing the night away with not one but two Princes! Oh, the joy of being a Lady”

“Dramatics suits you”

Slade gives Tim an exaggerated bow, “Why thank you, My Lady”

“What are you here for?”

“Ouch, straight to business I see, well, I like you better that way” he scoffs at Tim’s expression, “Not like that idiot”

He walks closer to Tim and hands her a piece of paper. Tim takes it then reads the content. It was a confirmation of the task she sent Slade to do around two weeks ago. Her estimation was three weeks, but Slade always does a quick job that is why he is the best mercenary out there.

“Good, for your next task I want you to infiltrate an army… Do you make sure to cover your trails?”

“Who do you take me for, little missy?” the mercenary looks offended, “I am a professional”

“Well, yeah but they are literary the most dangerous League out there, if they find out something is amiss, they will track you and put you down like a dog”

“Well, they can certainly try” he smirks, eyes gleaming in excitement.

“If you get caught, I will surely also. Then he will surely come to try to kill me”

“Yeah, and it will be easier to kill you now when you have decided to leave the protection of the Waynes-” there was a soft sound just outside of the window, both Slade and Tim recognize it as the sound of a heavy boot. The mercenary immediately caught Tim’s arm and shield her from the sudden intruder.

The sound of sword clashing is loud in the quiet of the Castle. Tim looks up and finds Prince Jason blocking and attacking Slade, “Prince Jason!”

The Prince growls menacingly, eyes glowing eerie green with his rage. Slade starts to taunt him, commenting on his fighting skills and mocking him whenever a hit connects. “As expected off a Wayne, though I am a little disappointed to know it isn’t the Black Bat or Nightwing I am facing”

“Shut up!” Prince Jason tries to grab Tim but the Deathstroke just kicks him across the room. “Fuck!”

“Wait, Slade stop!” Tim tries to deescalate the situation before her room becomes a war zone. She grabs Slade’s arm when he stalks forward, stopping him.

Prince Jason gets even angrier when he sees it. “Stay away from her!” he roars his anger and charges. Slade pushes Tim out of the way and they lock in combat once again.

She sees how Prince Jason’s eyes get greener and greener, a bad sign of Lazarus taking over. She needs to calm him down quickly before his pit rage takes over more and makes him a threat to the Castle’s residence.

The door opens and Tim’s guard for the night comes rushing, he sees the fight, and Tim who is still on the floor and comes to her side, “Your Grace we need to go”

The knight takes Tim’s arms and leads her away despite her protest.

That turns out to be the wrong move because Prince Jason zeroes in on them and charges the knight instead. He manages to kick Deathstroke away and aims his sword at the knight.

The knight angles his body to protect Tim despite knowing that he will not win again the Red Hood.

“No!” Tim does not want anyone to hurt anymore! She will not let anyone dies under her watch anymore!

So she pushes forward and takes the blow instead.

Prince Jason was aiming for the knights’ unprotected chest, but since Tim is shorter than him, the sword cut the side of her neck instead.

Seeing the blood gushing out of her neck makes the Prince stop. His eyes stop glowing and his face pales. The knight immediately puts pressure on her neck and the pain intensifies. Tim whines, her vision blurs and every sound dimmed.

Slade runs to her side and takes over for the knight, he barks something then the knight runs out of the bedroom. The mercenary pulls out a strip of bandages from his pocket and pressed on the wound.

There is a ‘thump’ and Tim sees through blurry eyes how Prince Jason kneeling beside her, his hands hovering and tears pool in his eyes.

“Babybird?”

His tone is heartbreaking and Tim sees how he tries to scoot closer only to be blocked by Slade’s arm. New voices are coming from her door but Tim loses too much blood that her consciousness fades. She feels arms around her and she is being lifted.

The last thing she sees is the image of Prince Jason kneeling on her bedroom floor while tears streaming down his face.

Notes:

I can't help it.... I like the idea of Oliver wanting Tim to become his daughter-in-law so bad but still too prideful to talk about marriage with Bruce.

To those who thought that there will be something bad happening during Tim's party, yes you are right assgvacaxafgsg

In Jason's defence though, he heard Tim says "-surely come to try to kill me” then Slade's voice and thinks the worst

Chapter 31: Chapter 23: I’ll Make A Man Out of You

Notes:

Chapter warning: Implied sexual assault, sexual coercion

If you are uncomfortable with this do not read the last part that's in italic after a line break.

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

Being almost dead after getting your neck cut is not a fun experience. Dealing with the people who care for you crying at your bedside when you finally woke up is also not fun.

Her mom, Colin, Steph, Bart, and Luke are there when she woke up and they ended up crying so much that her mom fainted because of exhaustion.

Tim tries so hard to tell them she is fine now that she is awoken but they still cry. Colin is basically attached to her side, holding on to her arms tightly and refusing to let go. Tim has to promise him several times that she will still be here to make him go to his classes. But then his teachers all agree to give Colin two weeks break so he can focus on Tim’s recovery.

Two weeks after Prince Jason’s attack, Colin never leaves her bed. He cries whenever Tim has trouble swallowing and has a panic attack when he can’t see Tim.

Steph also becomes paranoid when she can not see Tim.

She still attends to her duties but most often than not she will run to Tim’s bedroom and fusses at her. The same with her mom. She will bring her work with her to Tim’s bedroom and work there. Her eyes will most of the time stray to see Tim and she will have this sad look when she sees the bandages.

Bart and Luke were there when she first wake up but they have to go back the next day. They sent Tim gifts and care packages with letters. Earl Allen and Duke Fox also sent her get-well gives and letters, something that makes Tim cry.

Lady Samantha comes to visit the third day Tim awakens. She came in bursting into tears and kneel beside Tim’s bed sobbing so much that her words were slurred.

Slade visits her at night when Colin is sleeping. He checks her wound and offers to kill Prince Jason in retribution, an offer that Tim declines vehemently. She does not need another reason for the Waynes to hurt her. Instead, she sent him to infiltrate Mobius’ army to gather intel of their attack. If the timeline is still similar then it will be four months before the army first came to Central.

The news of Tim’s attack spread fast but Tim has asked for her mom to not give any comment about the incident and ordered the knight to escort anyone who tries to snoop out of the building.  Every noble and social column wants to know about the attack, they are relentless to try and find any information they can about it. They have escorted Miss Vale four times already.

The knight was also ordered, with Luke’s approval, to block entry of anyone related to the Waynes. So, everything is currently in chaos but Tim thinks she has managed to deescalate.

It was a week before Colin’s birthday that another problem arrives.

Tim and Colin are sitting on her bed when it happens. Collin is reading Tim the newest book by Lord Nygma. It is peaceful, just siblings bonding over a mystery novel. Her mom is in a meeting, and Steph is preparing her afternoon tea.

The sound of people yelling is the first thing they heard before there is a sound of an explosion.

The whole Castle shook with it and Tim grabbed her sword under her bed to prepare for an attack. Colin does the same, immediately shielding her, raising his sword while standing between her and the door.

A knight comes in and asks them to evacuate because there is an attack in the Castle main room.

“Where are mom and Steph? Are they safe? How about the Domestic Staffs?” Tim asks when they leave her bedroom. Her voice is hoarse but still understandable.

“All the staff has been ordered to evacuate, Lady Brown is helping with the evacuation. Lady Dana is with Sir Henry and Sir Bernard”

So that is why she comes to Tim instead of Sir Bernard. Tim feels relieved knowing her mom is in good and capable hands.

“Who is it, Lady Laura?”

“We do not know, My Lady” Lady Laura leads them to the secret entrance to a secret escape route, “What we know is that he is using some sort of magic to attack us”

“Magic? That’s not possible” Tim shakes her head, her grips  Colin’s hand tighter “The Castle has protection spells, any magician who comes in will be stripped out of their power”

“We are trying to investigate it My Lady” Lady Laura opens up the door and lit a torch, “The knights are trying to subdue him but he has this armor that is unpenetrable and- “ another explosion “-and his armor can change shape and create an explosion”

Something click in her mind then, “Is it-is it blue? The explosion? Does it emit blue lights?”

“Yes? Come on Your Grace, this way”

“Wait, the man... is he tall, brown hair and eyes, dark complexion, with armor that moves like liquid and emits blue light?”

Lady Laura gasps and confirms her suspicion. She immediately orders the knight to protect Colin and she runs towards the main room. Two more explosions shook the building before Tim arrives at the main room.

She sees some knights injured on the side, while some trying to capture the intruder.

The intruder is in the middle of the room, trying to defend himself from the attacks. He creates a shield and sword from his armor. He looks afraid and desperately tries to make the knight stop attacking him.

When another light comes from his left hands Tim yells for him to stop.

At hearing her voice, the knights immediately move back to shield her, “No! Stop! He is not an intruder!”

“Your Grace-”

“Jaime! Please stop attacking my knights!” yelling hurts her throat so much. She can feel the wound opens up a little. Gosh, Steph will definitely kill me for this. “Jaime please stand down! Everyone, just stand down!”

The knight hesitates, some still hold their weapons high, some look at others in confusion, while the rest fusses over Tim’s wound.

“Your Grace your wound-”

“I’m okay” she hisses through the pain, “This is my guest, do not attack him”

“He is an unidentified individual who insisted to meet you despite your order, My Lady!”

“Yeah, okay, that’s my fault” Tim walks closer to Jaime who eyes her bleeding neck, “Hey, something happened recently” she gestures to her neck, “Everyone is kind of on edge and I did put on an order to escort everyone who wants an audience with me out of the Castle and to use force if they did not comply”

Jaime whispers something then the armor melts away, “That’s understandable, though I wished you have told them about me, My Lady. I mean,” he gestures at the destruction his armor has created. There are holes in the wall and on some of the floor. “They started to attack me and I panic? Sorry about this”

“Yeah, it just slips my mind to make you the exception of the order” Tim laughs then hisses when it just aggravates her wound more. One of the knights anxiously hovers behind her, new bandages in hand eyeing Jaime warily. “Okay, you know what, why don’t we take this to my office?”

After everyone in the Castle has been informed of the misunderstanding, the Drakes and Steph are gathered in Tim’s office.

Steph yells at her and reapplied her bandage. Colin is crying again because of her blood but Tim suspects it is also because of how she left him in that hallway. She probably has to spend some time reassuring Colin that she isn’t leaving him because she wants to abandon him. She will try to ask for the boy’s forgiveness later.

Now though, she needs to focus on making sure that everyone knows Jaime is not a threat.

“So, everyone this is Jaime Reyes, he is my... friend”

Jaime greets everyone stiffly. He still looks wary but strangely Tim can feel that he is in control of his faculty. In the main room, he does not struggle to retreat his armor and he seems to be calmer like the voice in his head is not trying to take over his consciousness anymore.

“I see that the ritual works?” Tim gives him a smirk.

Jaime’s face reddens and he ducks his head, “Yeah, yeah okay, don’t get too smug. You are right about the ritual” then as if remembering that Tim is a noble, he winces and tries to backtrack. “I mean, thank you for Your Highness’ most gracious gift. The ritual went smoothly and now I am living free of the constant struggle of control” he awkwardly bows but then catches himself then ducks his head again.

Steph narrows her eyes at him before turning to glare at Tim. “Lady Dana, if I may have a word with Tim and her guest? Just the three of us, it will be much appreciated”

The room turns a tad bit colder at her tone. Everyone in the Grand Duchy knows not to mess with Stephanie when she is like this. Lady Dana and her Aid nods and leave Tim alone to her demise. Where is her mother when she needs her to protect Tim from her angry scary best friend? Seriously.

Colin refuses to part from Tim’s side so Stephanie allows him to stay. Her Lady-in-waiting stomps towards the door, glaring all the while that makes Jaime scoot a little closer towards Tim.

The blond closes the door with a loud ‘bang’. It echoes throughout the Castle, signaling to all the other residence to run away from the blond for at least a day.

Steph sighs loudly and turns around. “Okay, you know what? I am tired of this secretive shit you are pulling. I trusted you will tell me, and you promised you will include me in your plan. I am trying to be patient but it seems that your secret is just multiplying! I mean who the fuck is this!” she points at Jaime who jumps at the attention and the profanity thrown at him.

“I am okay with waiting some more but then you got attacked by Prince Jason while there is an infamous mercenary at your bedroom! In the crack ass dawn! You almost died! Now there is this lunatic! Attacking our Castle! With foreign magic! And you are giving him tea while talking about ritual!!” The three of them who got left behind in the room together with a furious Steph just huddle together, shaking slightly at the absolutely scary look the blond is supporting.

“This ends now! No more secrets you hear me! Especially the ones that will get you hurt again! So you either willingly tell me your whole plan or I will make you! You know I will Tim!”

And Tim has almost died twice now, got attacked by people, and deals with the notorious mercenary, but nothing scares Tim more than Stephanie right now.

Knowing that it is time for Tim to finally reveal and move forward with the next part of her plan, she nods at the blond and asks her to sit down. “Okay, I will tell you everything, but before we do I want someone to pick up Sir Bart, Sir Luke, Lady Maleate, and Lord Ives. I will tell all of you all of my plans but I need all of you in one place so I can tell it once”


“That’s it, My Beloved Princess, that’s how this should go”

“....”

“What’s wrong? I thought you wanted to be taught this technique?”

“I-I...”

“Oh, tell me, My Beloved, use your words”

“Get your hands off me!” *slap*

“My, how rude. You seem to be okay with me touching you last night”

“I.... what do you want Ra’s. You said you want something from me when you offer my help... I want-I want to know what it is”

“Hmm, you should not bother with that yet My Dear Princess. You should focus on searching for your Father”

“... tell me now! And stop touching me!”

“Very well, If I must... I am hoping for an heir”

“An heir? What are you talking about? You have three. Four, if you count Damian”

“Well, yes, I do have the.... extras that I could choose from. But none of them are suitable to be my heir”

“....”

“You see, My Beloved Princess, what I have learned over the years is that genetics are one of the most important factors aside from their upbringing in molding a perfect heir. I wish that I knew how important it is sooner before I went and created those three useless children”

“How-how could you say that? They are excellent assassins on their right”

“Yes, but they lack something... something that makes them extraordinary. They are good pawns but not a good leader. *huft* Their mother was no one special, I  only married her because of her obedience. She poses no threat to me, she has no desire to betray me and for that I love her. I was confident in the fact that my genetics is all that is needed to make the perfect heir but after three attempts.... *sigh* looking back I should have just killed that useless woman sooner”

“....”

“I was hoping that Damian will be the One. Talia has finally made herself useful by having Bruce Wayne as her sperm donor. A man like him... if not for his undying loyalty to Gotham, I would be glad to name him my heir. But alas, I respect his choices even though I do not agree with it”

“Such high praise, even though you did not name Damian your heir. The last thing I heard you disown him”

“*sigh* that’s because he is too much like his mother My Dear Princess. I was a fool in hoping that Bruce Wayne’s genetics will overpower Talia’s. But I guess, if you want something done correctly, you should do it yourself”

“...no...”

“You have the Wayne Royal blood in you... quiet distance I am told, but if my information is correct, and they always do My Dear, the Drakes always strive to be excellent. Janet Drake is a formidable woman. An excellent Grand Duchess that always performed extraordinarily. Your stay here proved that the Wayne and Drake’s genetics runs through you. I could only imagine what sort of life it will create when paired with an Al Ghul’s”

“...*sob*... no, please... anything but... *sob*... please”

“Oh, My Dear Princess, do not make me a bad guy. We have a deal, remember? Do you think that the resources I have given you to help your search are cheap? I spent a lot of money in believing your ghost-searching, it is only fair for you to repay me”

“*sob*”

“Oh, child.... no use crying over it. Remember, you are mine. Now, let’s continue with your training"

Notes:

Aaaannnddd that's it for part 2! Everything is unrolling and Tim's plan will be in motion soon!! I will be taking a break for two weeks because of the holidays, and I will post part 3 on January! See you next year, happy holidays💜

Chapter 32: Chapter 24: When the Night is Over

Summary:

“I have gathered you all here today because there is something important for me to inform you” Tim clears her throat a couple of times “I have asked some of you to do some favor for me, but I have never told you my reasons”

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

It takes a full day to finally be able to gather everyone in the Drake Castle.

Lady Maleate comes first with Ishim in tow. They both look worried, especially when they enter the main room and see the destruction Jaime made in there. Colin doesn’t greet Ishim right away, but the older boy is quite understanding and patiently coaxing Collin to at least talk a little.  

This is another thing that Tim needs to explain; she won’t abandon Collin and what happened before was her not thinking through.

But it seems to be something that she has to say in private. So she just tries to reassure Collin with physical touch for the time being.

The next to come is Luke and Sir Ives. Both of them look frantic as Sir Bernard had briefed them of the things that happen in the Castle. Luke shoots Jaime a terrifying glare but shuts it down when Tim pinches his arm and asks him to be nice.

Jaime still scoots closer to Tim even when the two knights stop silently threatening him.

Bart comes in last, close to lunch and Tim decides to have their conversation over lunch. Everyone is led to one of the meeting rooms in the Castle. It is rarely used because it used to be the War Meeting room when Gotham still constantly going to war and Grand Duchess Janet acts as the Leader of the Bristol Knights.

It feels suitable at the moment.

Tim takes the whole time to think about the things that she can say to the people present. She has asked Jaime to be quiet on the fact that Tim is from the future. Jaime is very trustworthy so she isn’t afraid that he will tell on her.

“I have gathered you all here today because there is something important for me to inform you” Tim clears her throat a couple of times “I have asked some of you to do some favor for me, but I have never told you my reasons”

Tim glances at Steph who’s still glaring at her, “There is a reason for all of that but before I tell you, may I introduce you to my associate?”

Tim gestures at a shadow at the corner of the room. Slade walks out of it like a cat that got the cream. Luke and Sir Ives immediately take offensive positions. They are both knights so they knew who Slade is. Notorious mercenary in Gotham. His fights with the Crown Prince and his Titans is a story senior knights told their apprentices.

“It’s okay Sir Luke, Sir Ives, Slade will not attack any of us”

“Unless you guys force me” Slade gives a smirk.

Luke draws his sword but one word from Tim, he stops and puts his sword back. Tim reaches out to Slade who gives her a bunch of paper bound together by a string. “Is this all?”

Slade snorts, “Is this all? Like it isn’t already more information anyone can ever get”

Tim gives him a rue smile. He gestures the others to take their seat. And Tim begins to explain.

She doesn’t tell them how she is someone from the future, but what she does tell them is that she already plans to take over the Grand Duchy after the poisoning incident. That the poison incidents made her realize that she can’t live with the Waynes any longer. She tells them that she realizes that she does not have power so she goes to collect all the people she can to help her.

She tells them how she needed information that aren’t corrupted by people who’s against her so she hired Slade to collect information. She tells them how she found out about Morbius’ army during one of Slade’s information gathering.

Slade just raises his eyebrow at her.

But Tim ignores him when he doesn’t say anything to contradict Tim. She tells them about how she speculates that the attack will happen in Central Earldom after calculating their route. She apologizes to Bart for not telling him sooner and asks for his cooperation in informing the Earl.

She tells him about more of her plans. Plans that will save Earl Barry, Bart, and Stephanie’s life.

“I have sent a letter requesting help to the First Princess, however, I am not certain that the letter will be delivered in time because of how difficult it is to contact an Outsiders” Sir Ives gives him a sympathetic nod. He knows how it goes.

“But, if we can plan our attacks now, I am confident that we may have a chance of winning” Tim gives Luke the paper bundle “Here is all the information that Slade gathered about the army”

“Are you sure this is the right information?” Luke asks skeptically.

“Of course it is. I may be a mercenary but I will never do a half-ass job” Slade says offended by Luke questioning his professionalism.

“It may be true that you do the things your contractor asked meticulously and fast” Sir Ives hands move to grip the handle of his sword, “but what guarantees that you will not backstab my Master?”

“Because she’s my Master too”

At that Luke, Sir Ives, and Lady Maleate’s eyes widen. They gape and stare at Tim in shock. They obviously know the kind of oath Tim asked Slade to take, for her to be his Master. Before they start to ask questions, Tim shoots it down by ordering Luke, Jaime, and Bart to head back to Central Earldom and inform the Earl about this. He then also order Sir Ives specifically to gather his knights and meet the others in Central.

The four of them hesitate, but then Luke gives a nod, and the other follows.

Tim then informs Steph that she is to work with Lady Maleate. She tells Steph how she has asked Lady Maleate to spy on Roman Sionis. She tells her that he has plans to overthrow her as the Second Princess and probably assassinate her. Which is not entirely true but Steph immediately agrees to work with the Baroness to take down Roman.

Tim lets out a breath, wincing slightly at the pain in her throat. She rubs at the bandages absent-mindedly. If this works then they can save three lives at once. No, if this works then she can save not only Sir Barry, Bart, and Steph but all the victims of the upcoming battle.

“That’s going to leave a mark” Tim turns to see Slade gesturing at her throat.

“Yeah, Physician Brown already told me that. Guess I need to buy chokers to cover it up"

“My offer to kill the Second Prince still stands, you know?” he smirks.

“No, please don’t” Tim sighs, “I do not need another problem in my hands right now and the Waynes are a whole different set of problems that I can not afford to have”

Slade hums “Should have heard your mom when she says to ask for retribution from Gotham. Attacking the Heiress of an independent party should warrant something, like gold or something” he shrugs still eyeing the bandages.

Tim gives Slade her own smirk, he tenses at her side. “Let’s just say, I am saving it for a rainy day”

“Ah…. blackmail. The most basic skill of a mercenary” Slade pretends to wipe a tear. “You have grown so much, little missy”

Tim laughs then winces when it hurt her throat again “Right, time to go to work”


The preparation for the upcoming war with Morbius went earlier than Tim has planned. She is not complaining, mind you since it makes room for adjustments and revision.

She thought that she needs more time to prepare by herself before even proposing the idea to others. She believed that no one will believe her if she does not have hard proof of it. But it goes smoothly. Earl Barry seems skeptical, but since Bart, Luke, and Sir Ives trust Tim, he agrees to help.

After two months of planning, scouting, and preparing for an attack, a knight comes in with news of a sighting. She sees a camp around thirty miles from the north border of Central Earldom.

Based on her description, it matches with what Slade has reported to Tim.

With the confirmation of a real possibility of an attack, Sir Barry becomes more cooperative. He puts in more work in making sure they are prepared to face Mobius’ army.

Tim spends the month leading to the attack in Central with Colin and Stephanie keeping her company. She tries to persuade Colin to stay in Bristol but after what happened when Jaime came to the Castle, it is hard to leave Colin alone. Tim loves him and she does not want him to get hurt. But when Colin manages to defeat Luke when they spare one day, she knows that if things go south, Colin will be able to at least defend himself.

The plan for the battle is for the Knights of Central Order and Knights of Odessa to camp out to the north and west border of Central where the attack will happen. The party on the north will be led by Sir Barry while the party on the west will be led by Sir Ives.

Bart will join the rank on the north while Sir Bernard will be joining Sir Ives. Luke who is the Captain of Knight Order will stay in Central Earldom as a backup with several knights under the banner of Fox Dukedom.

It is hard for him to be in the front line without informing the Commander Gordon and the Waynes. It is already hard enough to keep it a secret from Lady Barbara, so Luke will only be back up much to his displeasure.

The plan also states that Tim will be with Lady Iris in Central, but what they don’t know is that after the parties departed tomorrow, Tim and Jaime will go with Slade to find Morbius. Officially it will only be Jaime and Slade, but since Jaime knows the truth and Slade does not care much, she will slip out with them to hunt down the man.

(It was.. surprisingly easy to ask Colin to stay with Steph. It was easy to ask them to cover for Tim. She can not risk both of them going with her. Too many people joining will risk them being caught by Mobius. The night when Tim told them her plan, Colin hugged her tightly and made her promise to come back. He and Steph are currently trying to cover for Tim’s absence in Allen estate).

The tactic Mobius used in the past is to make Earl Barry and his knights fight pointless battles and exhaust themselves before he comes and attacks. That was why he managed to kill Earl Barry.

But now he will not have that chance.

The night before the parties left for their post is surprisingly serene. Everyone knows that this may be their last night on Gotham. The knights have gathered on the Alle estate to drink and have fun, although, in the end, they end up sharing stories about their time in the academy.

Tim stays to listen to a couple of stories before she excuses herself to take Colin to bed. The boy protests, having fun being surrounded by knights, but a wide yawn makes him reluctantly follow Tim.

Sir Bernard offers to help. Then the three of them walk to the guest wing of the estate where Tim and Colin’s room is located. Colin falls asleep the moment his head touches the bed. Tim smiles at him then kisses his forehead and whispers good night.

Sir Bernard is still standing at the door. He looks nervous. He keeps opening and closing his mouth. Tim smiles before leading him to the garden. “Is there something you want to tell me, Sir Bernard?”

The knight closes his eyes, takes a deep breath, then opens his eyes again. He stares straight at Tim’s eyes.

“Your Grace, I will be leaving for the west border tomorrow.” he starts, “I am honored to be given such huge responsibility, Your Grace, but I know the risk of going into battle like this”

Sir Bernard then blushes, “I am not a very optimistic person, so if something bad happens-”

“Sir Bernard-”

“I’m sorry Your Grace, but can I just say something?” Tim shuts her mouth and nods for Sir Bernard to continue. “I fancy you, My Grace, have been for the longest time. I do not hope for you to return it, I just do not want to regret not ever telling you should something bad happen to me tomorrow”

Tim can feel her face becoming red. In her past life, he only received a confession from Kon. It was quite predictable too, with them getting closer the more they met and knew each other. But this confession from Sir Bernard? It’s shocking.

Tim feels flattered, really. Someone as charming as Sir Bernard has feelings for someone like her. She tries to come up with something to say, but she can not.

“Sir Bernard, I-”

“I know you have someone else you fancy, Your Grace. I have seen you dance with him and I saw the way you look at him. I do not dare to hope for anything out of this confession, I just wish for you to know my true feelings”

Tim frowns, “Please stop saying it as if you are going to die in this battle”

Sir Bernard only smiles ruefully. He bends down a little, offering his hand for Tim to take. She takes it and the knight leads her back to her bedroom. When they arrive there, Sir Bernard takes her hand and softly kisses the back of her hand.

“Good night, My Lady”

Tim wants to say something else, wants to give an explanation or something to the knight. It feels wrong to end things there, but she has no idea what she should say. Will it be rude not to say anything? Will it be better to give him a polite rejection?

But Sir Bernard has said that he knew Tim has someone in her heart. He apparently sees it at Tim’s birthday party.

Will it hurt the man’s pride if she apologizes?

In the end, Tim only returns a soft ‘good night’ and watches as the knight leaves. She enters her bedroom feeling as if she should have done more, but at the same time feeling lost. She never receives any type of confession from other people aside from Kon before. She cares about Sir Bernard, he trained her and he has done a good job being her personal knight. But she can not love him the way he does her.

She can not love others the way she loves Kon.

She is about to turn to find Sir Bernard and gives some explanation or excuses or... something when Slade speaks up, “Not a good idea, little missy. The man has said his piece, don’t make it even harder for him to move on”

Tim turns and glares at the man, “Oh my word! You were listening?”

Slade smirks as Tim blushes. “Of course, a young knight walking with his Lady in the middle of the night? In the garden where no one is around? Scandalous!”

The man laughs when Tim groans.

“I feel like I should have turned him down properly or-”

Slade grabs her shoulder and stirs her in the direction of the bathroom, “What you need to do is take a bath and then go to bed. You promised your scary Lady-in-waiting that you will do it when you said you wanted to stay late with the knights. Now do it, before she kills you tomorrow if she finds out you didn’t”

Tim tries to protest but the man just pushes her harder.

“He wasn’t confessing to you because he wants you to accept it. Every knight knows to not expect to get out alive going to battle. He doesn’t want to regret never telling you in the first place. He does not need to hear your answer because it’s easier than having heard your rejection.... just trust me, this is something knights do all the time. Writing wills, love confessions, getting things in order. You apologizing will only make him lose his concentration tomorrow”

Tim looks him in the eye. Despite being a mercenary now, he was a knight. He was a knight under King Thomas, but after the death of her wife, he went rogue.

He may pretend to forget the way of knighthood, but for the months Tim knew him, she can see the glimpse of the knight he used to be. So, if Slade says to not run after Sir Bernard then she will take his advice.

“Very well” Tim walks to the bathroom but stops before closing the door. “It still feels wrong, though”

Slade hums. He studies her for a bit, seemingly searching for something “Trust me, it’s better to end it this way, it’s not like you will accept his feelings or anything. Just focus on winning this battle” Then, he gives a nod and Tim closes the door. 

As the bath is filled, she lets the sound of running water fills the silence.

Notes:

Can't help it, need a Kinght and Lady scene...

I am baaacckkkk!! I hope everyone has a wonderful holiday! Because I didn’t ahahahahhahahaha… If you read my notes from previous chapters you know that I was once in a toxic friendship, and I had cut ties with them for years. But guess who contacted me this year? A shitty start for this year... God, you have no idea how pissed I was because I got tricked by our mutual friend who said they want to meet me only to reveal that my toxic ex-friend would be there at the last minute (muffledscreamofeverycursedword). I based a little bit of Dick and Tim’s relationship on my own experience, especially the one where Dick will only seek out Tim when something bad happens. Turns out the toxic person wanted to contact me again because “they feel sad and seemed to want to talk to you about something”... anyway because of what happened, I got inspired to change a couple of scenes because what happened enlightened me about something and I really want to put it here in the story. So, even though I promised two chapters since the story is done, I will be posting one chapter for now until further notice since I will be rewriting a little bit. Thank you for reading <3

Chapter 33: Chapter 25: And They Miss the Girl You Were

Summary:

Jaime takes out his whistle and blows it. The bird flies down and lands on Jaime’s arms. He takes out the paper and gives it to Tim. She reads the content then immediately rips the letter to pieces.

“Woah! What is it? What happened?”

Tim growls in frustration, “It’s King Bruce, he heard about the battle and my involvement. He was marching to the estate after the first letter was written demanded to see me and was accusing the Allens of endangering me. I guess we need to change our plan”

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

“No… no… you, I’ll get you-”

“Yeah, yeah, maybe next time” Slade looks almost bored when he sliced Mobius’ head clean of his shoulder. Besides Tim, Jaime flinches and looks away. She feels bad for Jaime watching the absolute horror that is Deathstroke the Terminator on a hunt. Even though Jaime is dangerous and possibly one of the most powerful beings with the help of the Scarab, he never kills anyone.

At least not directly. Not like this.

It takes three weeks for them to hunt down Mobius. With Slade’s tracking skill, Tim’s memories of the past, and the Scarab’s power, they managed to corner Morbius into one of Tim’s traps.

The man was waiting at the edge of the Lantern Republic, the land is a neutral place where one can not just march in and kill someone who has sought asylum like Morbius.

He stayed there because he knew Earl Allen has no jurisdiction to arrest him for attacking Central. So even though in the past they managed to pinpoint the leader of the attack, they could not do anything lest they offend the Leaders of Lantern.

They managed to lure him as close to the north border as possible before getting a drop on him and killing him.

Well, Slade is the only one doing most of the attack and the final blow. Tim and Jaime just stand to the side attacking some of his henchmen and making sure that Mobius can not escape. They tried to help but Slade growled and ordered them to stand back.

From the way Slade was smiling and laughing, Tim suspects that he is taking this as a challenge.

“Ah, sweet victory” Slade muses as he cleans his blade.

Tim snorts while Jaime frowns, “Didn’t seem to be a fair fight from the beginning. I mean… he stabbed you then you just brush it off as if it is nothing, and the wound closes after three minutes”

Tim turns to look at Jaime, asking him to elaborate.

“The Scarab told me that his wound healed. His body stitches itself back together after the stab. The man on the other hand,” he gestures at the headless body of Mobius, “Doesn’t seem fair”

Slade snickers at him while Tim puts a hand on Jaime’s shoulder, “There isn’t such thing as fair when it comes to battle like this Jaime. It’s kill or be killed, if you don’t use any arsenal you have then you are just a fool”

“What the lady says” Slade seats back his blade, “You have a very interesting weapon on you, it’s a shame you don’t have the guts to use it properly”

Jaime bristles at that, “Killing is wrong.”

Slade and Tim share a look before they start to bag up the body and head. Jaime seems to want to continue speaking but is interrupted by the sound of wings flapping above them. They look up and see the eagle messenger they used to keep in contact with Stephanie.

Since he does not want to have anything to do with the body, Jaime takes out his whistle and blows it to attract the eagle. The bird, Spoiler, swoops down and lands on Jaime’s armored arms. The young man strokes the eagle’s head then takes the paper tied to her leg.

He reads the content of the letter then announces, “The First Princess has arrived and joined the battle”

“Cass?” Tim takes the letter from Jaime and reads it herself. She did send an eagle to find the First Princess and requested an assistant to fight Mobius’ army. Though she has doubted she will respond.

The First Princess, Cassandra Cain-Wayne, was appointed as the leader of Outsider after the death of Jacob Kane. Since she is part of the Wayne family and their strongest fighter, the title is given back to the Waynes.

Cass was…

She was nice to Tim, always has been. Whenever she managed to have free time, she would come back to the Palace and she would dedicate her time to family. Tim always feels happy since Cass always included Tim in her family time. She never insulted Tim or attacked Tim. She treated Tim better than any of the Wayne.

However, the moment she left, it would feel as if she was never there in the first place. It’s hard to contact her, any letter Tim sent to her would either be replied to too late or not at all.

Logically, Tim knew that is the life of an Outsiders, having to cut themselves out of their life in Gotham to be able to properly infiltrate whatever place they are going. If it is known that they have family in Gotham, it can be used as leverage by the enemies.

Tim knows Cass is not doing it on purpose, that it is part of her job to ignore all the letters Tim sent her, asking Cass to come home so Tim could not feel lonely. But still, a part of her resents Cass. She was never in the Palace but she was loved more than Tim who live there for years. 

So a small part of Tim resents Cass for being loved more and for leaving her with the Waynes.

(There were several letters of Tim begging Cass to bring Tim with her. Those were the letters that never got any reply).

“If the Outsiders are there then the battle is as good as won” Tim takes out her lighter and burns the letter. “We are about two days out from the border camp, Slade I need you to deliver the body to Sir Allen. I believe it will be good for morale if the knights know the leader of the enemies has died”

Slade gives her a salute, loads the body to the small carriage they have prepared then mounts his horse and leaves.

“Are you okay?” Jaime asks beside her, making her flinches a little.

“Yes? Why would I not be?”

Jaime bites his lips anxiously, seemingly not knowing how to start, “Yes! I am going to tell her!” he shouts, glancing a little to his shoulder. When he meets Tim’s eyes he smiles sheepishly, “Sorry, it’s the Scarab”

Tim nods to encourage him to continue, “It’s just..” he clears his throat, “The Scarab says that you are changing… you are different from yesterday, you are getting ‘further’ away from us. The Scarab says this is the point where you should be feeling… different”

“...right.” Tim mentally assesses herself. Aside from the pain from traveling these past weeks, she feels fine. “I don’t feel different”

Jaime hums. He tilts his head, most likely listening to whatever the Scarab is telling him. “It says you are probably a different variant then… ah, it warns you of future ‘errors’? I don’t know what that means, it talks so fast but it sounds bad… okay, now it is talking about the ‘cluster’, and ‘minor variable’, and ‘small impact’? Okay, now I lost it”

Tim chuckles lightly at him, “Well, I will worry about it when the time comes. Come on, Jaime lets go back to Central before they start noticing that I’m gone”

“I still can’t believe that no one noticed yet”

“You are underestimating Stephanie’s resourcefulness. She is trained to be able to do things like espionage and undercover work by the former Grand Duchess. Coming up with a plan to trick the residents of Allen estate who are already stressed out because of the battle is easy for her”

“Remind me to never offend Lady Brown. The more I know about her the more I am afraid of her” he strokes Spoiler’s head one more time then releases the bird so it can catch a mouse hiding on a bush.

They are about to mount their horses when a set of bright red wings catches Tim’s attention. She looks up and sees Bart’s fastest messenger falcon. “It’s Impulse, it’s for us”

Jaime takes out his whistle and blows it. The bird flies down and lands on Jaime’s arms. He takes out the paper and gives it to Tim. She reads the content then immediately rips the letter to pieces.

“Woah! What is it? What happened?”

Tim growls in frustration, “It’s King Bruce, he heard about the battle and my involvement. He was marching to the estate after the first letter was written demanded to see me and was accusing the Allens of endangering me. I guess we need to change our plan”

Jaime grimaces at the mention of King Bruce. He has gotten closer to Bart during the last three months. Tim knows they used to date in the past and it was expected for them to get close again in this timeline. However, Tim never would have thought that Bart would share his opinion about the Waynes to Jaime.

“Okay, we really should go back to Central now before something…. dramatic happens”

Tim mounts Red, “No, we are going to the north border. If it involves the Waynes, something dramatic already happened. What we need now is not avoiding it but doing damage control.”

Tim steers Red in the direction of where Slade disappears to. Jaime mounts his horse, Blue, then follows behind Tim, “What are you planning to do?”

“I am letting them know that the weak and defenseless Princess they knew is dead” 


They caught up with Slade easily since he has a carriage with him so he is slower than them. He laughs when Tim told him the reason they followed him instead of going back to Central. He never shows any disdain towards the Waynes like the others but he did get a little bit protective after the whole incident with Prince Jason.

Tim teased him whenever his protective side is showing.

They arrived at camp a little bit more than two days. The guard that sees Tim immediately escorts them to the tent where Earl Allen is hunched over the table with Bart and a knight, discussing strategy.

“Princess! What are doing here?” Earl Allen exclaims loudly when he sees her.

Tim dismounts from Red, giving a nod to Slade who grunts and takes out Mobius’ head. “We caught the leader of the army” Tim points to the head the mercenary throws to the ground.

Earl Allen gapes at the head. He asks one of the informants to confirm the identity of the head. When he confirms it, Earl Allen starts asking hundreds of questions. Tim answers some of them truthfully while the others she gives a half-truth, covering the fact that all the knowledge she used to help track Mobius down was gathered from when she was learning war strategy with Ra’s.

“I don’t-” Earl Allen glances at Tim then at the head, then at Tim again, “If this is the leader, then we are going to win this… we… we are winning this battle”

With renewed optimism, Earl Allen barks out orders to his knights.

The news travels fast, as the knights on the camp look more hopeful. Tim is ushered to an empty tent by one of the knights to rest after traveling for three weeks. The knight informs her that a message has been sent to the First Princess and to Allen's estate the moment she stepped foot on camp.

Tim only nods, not knowing how to feel seeing Cass so soon. But then she remembers the letter Impulse brought and decides it will be better to face all the Waynes in one place. 

She thinks about the things she will say to the Waynes if they make a fuss about her involvement. She has combed through the rules before they start their battle. She tries to find solid rules that stated Earldom’s right to enlist their knights in order to defend their border without the King’s approval. She also tries to find rules that said it is fair to ask for help from other nobles.

Knowing the King, the fact that Earl Allen doing things behind his back will be the first thing the King points out to use against the Allens. The letter Steph sent implied that the Waynes are willing to do it.

As Tim thinks about a handful of scenarios where she will destroy every argument the King brings, Bart’s voice comes from outside her tent.

“May I come in My Lady?”

“Yes, come in”

Bart enters her tent looking too serious for her liking. She sits up on her bed, dreading bad news from the redhead. Bart is silent for a couple of minutes, only observing Tim with analytical eyes. After prompting, Bart starts to ask a question that Tim knows will be uttered by the redhead sooner or later.

“Who are you?”

Tim smile at the redhead, “Timoti Jeanette Drake”

“No, I mean” Bart sighs before he steps in closer, “You know exactly where Mobius going to be, you know exactly when he will attack Central. You knew that he will attack Central when no one else does. Our intel is top-notch, our spies are high class, but none of them ever heard of Mobius until after you point it out.”

Tim assess Bart from her position sitting on her bed. He looks anxious and there’s a glint in his eyes that looks like a betrayal when he looks at Tim’s.

“You said Deathstroke was the one who find that information but he is a mercenary, not an informant, he can not possibly have the initiative to find out about someone who was not even listed as a threat to his Master unless his Master ordered him to” he is shaking as he steps closer to Tim, “Jaime told me that you were the one who finds him a cure, he did not want to elaborate but I just can not help this feeling that you… there is something, something that you are not telling us.

“How can a recluse former Princess gather all this valuable information in the span of a year? You only have Slade to do your bidding but somehow you managed to be well informed about Jaime’s curse, Mobius’ plans…. you even know of Roman Sionis even though he is always remained neutral and never do anything that warrants suspicion.”

Bart clenches his fist beside him, “So I am asking you again, who are you?”

Tim stands up so she does not have to look up at Bart’s eyes. She puts her hands on Bart’s shoulder who flinches hard. “The ring, I accidentally touched it”

“What ring?”

“The ring you used to come here to save your Grandfather” Bart’s eyes widen in recognition. He steps back and dislodges Tim’s hand on his shoulder.

“Who am I you asked?” Tim give him a small smile, “I am Timoti Jeanette Drake and I am a time traveler, just like you”


“I am sorry, you are a what?”

“Time traveler, you know? I am from the future around forty-five years from now but came back in time?”

“Prove it if you are a time travel, what do you know of the future?”

“...okay I know they haven’t announced this yet, but in about, um, three months’ time? Prince Jason and Prince Roy will be married. As of right now, the King and the Emperor still haven’t reached the decision yet, because they hate each other or something…. then Prince Jason and Prince Roy will just go to Themyscira and ask Princess Diana to officiate their wedding to piss off both Patriarch.  Then they just hightailed to Tamaran and Princess Mia was asked to cover for them because she was the one who suggested they go to Themyscira”

“...it was a joke… she was… she said it at dinner last night, as a joke…. Oh my God are they really going to-”

“Oh, yeah…. their love story is going to be one of the most dramatic stories in Gotham and Queen Empire’s history! We learned it at the academy! And, man was it giving young couple so many ideas- are you okay?”

“....”

“You said that you will not pass out on me!”

“No… no yeah, okay…. wow, this is… a lot”

“Do you need to sit down?”

“Yeah…. so time travel?”

“Yep”

“Okay, how does that work? I thought that it was only in theory? The closest magician to ever done it was Constantine, but it was never confirmed”

“*snort* yeah no, that guy didn’t even come close! Time-traveling needs not only magic but also a connection to the Speed Force. Only Allens and Thawnes’ bloodlines are able to time travel safely because we are descendants. Anyone who tried just disintegrate upon contact to the Speed Force!”

“Speed… Force?”

“Yes, here… this ring here is- woah!”

“....”

“.....”

“...I just touched it”

“....yeah”

“...will I be fine? Oh God, am I going to disintegrate?”

“....”

“Bart!”

“You seemed fine? Okay, okay… this is… you touched the ring, but you are fine! Do you feel fine?”

“I don’t know! What will happen to me!? Am I going to time travel?”

“No, you are still here and you didn’t disintegrate so… you are fine… probably”

“Probably!?”

“Yeah, wow… this is something I don’t know…. no one has ever done this before. No one is supposed to touch it”

“I’m sorry, it was just reflex to catch it”

“Yeah, I know… okay, you know what? I’ll send a letter to the north border, hopefully, Grandpa Barry will know something about… this”

“Right… okay”

“...you probably will be fine! There will probably be no lasting effect of you touching the ring!”

“...yeah, probably”

Notes:

To time travel, you need magic and connection to the speed force. From the previous chapter, there was a scene from Tim’s first life where she make a wish on her birthday. That’s magic. Before that she touches the speed force ring, that is why she time-traveled back to the past!

Remembering the shenanigans Young Justice used to do and the utter nonsense sometimes their adventures were, I can’t resist putting Tim’s time-traveling as somewhat of an accident because Bart is clumsy lol.

Chapter 34: Side Chapter: Bruce “The Bat” Wayne

Summary:

What Bruce should have done is not to be obsessive over her security personnel and plans. What Bruce should have done was be there when she got hurt.

He failed to realize that sooner. But now that he has, he will be there for Tim this time. 

Notes:

Hey!! I will continue posting two chapters because I have done rewriting some of the scenes in some chapters! Woohoo!! The changes will be the scenes with Damian, Jason, and Dick and I have to say I like it better than my first ones! Betrayal and anger really are the best fuel for writing muahahahaha

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

“Oh dear God! Can you stop being so annoying for one second Bruce! He was just being friendly!”

“No, he was flirting with you! I see it in his eyes, he thinks gross things about you, Janie! I swear he was looking at your ass!”

“He was not! Even if he was, what is so bad about it? Why do you think I am wearing pants? I knew I have a nice ass so of course, I am going to flaunt it!”

“*flustered* what!?”

“*snort* what? I know I look good so why shouldn’t flaunt it? Why are you being so weird about it?”

“Because Oliver Queen is an asshole! And he’s flirting with you!”

“Why is it bad if Crown Prince Oliver is flirting with me? If he falls in love with me then I will be the future Empress of Queen, that’s not so bad”

“I do not want you with Queen! He is… he is… he will just break your heart! He is a womanizer! You will only get hurt!”

“Bruce, even if that’s true, I will have power… I do not need the Crown Prince’s love if I have the Crown Princess’ position. I will be too busy with the duties entail to bother with him anyway”

“Bu-but! I thought you love Dana!”

“What!? *flustered* Who told you that? No, I don’t!”

“*grinning* Oh you are too! I am going to tell Dana that you looooove her”

“Wait no! Bruce! Come back here you little shit!”


“She’s so small, Janie, she…. she’s beautiful”

“*scoff* of course she is! She’s mine!”

“Are you sure is not because of Jack? The Drapers are all very beautiful. I mean you look like a mule most of the time so-”

“You little shit, give me back my daughter if you are just here to insult me!”

“Shh, shh, little one, I know… your mom is so loud, yes I know, I know you are just trying to sleep in Uncle Bruce’s arms when your loudmouth mother yells so loudly and wakes you… poor thing, my sweet, sweet Timoti *kiss forehead*”

“Ugh, I am never going to get rid of you now, am I? You are going to keep coming to Bristol to bother us”

“I am visiting my niece, my favorite niece… the most beautiful Lady in the whole Gotham… No, the whole world”

“Ugh, she is your only niece”

“Have you renewed you will?”

“Huh?”

“If bad things happen to you and Jack… You should put my name so I can take care of her”

“Wow, Brucie nice to know you are trying to steal my daughter from me…. No, I thought that if something happen to me and Jack then Dana will be stepping up. She’s her mom too”

“Yes, I know, it’s just… I love her, and she’s the only living blood relative other than you that I have”

“....”

“I just… I will always protect her Janie, she’s my niece… I will always love her”

“Very well”


“Sir, the carriage from Bristol has come, they came here with Princess Timoti”

“....”

“I have directed her to her new Palace. She has come with her Lady-in-waiting, but I have assigned a maid to help them assimilate with the Royal Palace”

“....”

“I hope that you will find a time to greet the Princess, King Bruce. She just went through losing her parents, comfort is something she direly needs”

“....”

“....”

“....”

“I know you are still mourning for your son, Bruce, but you have promised Grand Duchess Janet, that you are going to take care of her. So, I expect you to pull yourself together and be there for your niece!”


“King Bruce calm down”

“No! No, she is… she is gone, Alfred! She left! Why do you let her leave?”

“It is the Lady’s choice… something long coming I must say.”

“No… I still can fix it! I still can! I will come to Bristol and ask to talk to her and…”

“Bruce”

“....Alfred, she left me”

“*sigh* after what happened at that dinner? It is to be expected”

“What did I do wrong? What happened? Where is my sweet little Timmy?”

“....If you still have not realized the cause of Lady Drake’s leaving the Palace, then there is probably nothing you can do to fix it”


Bruce is pacing in the tea room at the Allens’ estate. The moment he received information of Tim’s involvement with the battle in Central, he went straight to Central and stormed the place.

The Countess looked conflicted, knowing that the Third Law of Inheritance has been provoked by Tim so she is reluctant to escort him to Tim’s room. But no better way to make people obey than a little threat. She looks annoyed when she led Bruce to Tim’s room but she was smart enough not to say anything.

But Tim was not in her room.

Her Lady-in-waiting was the one who opened the door and she was very stubborn about not letting Bruce enter the room to see Tim. Only by force was Bruce able to get past her and into the room. There was only the redhead boy looking furious at Bruce. But no Tim.

It’s been four days and no one knows where Tim is.

The Lady-in-waiting refuses to tell Bruce even when he threatens to hang her. She just stood her ground and dared Bruce to do it. She knew Bruce would not, she is the only person who knows Tim’s whereabouts and she is also protected by the Inheritance law as a member of the Drakes family.

But then, a message came from the northern border. Tim arrived at the camp.

“Are you certain it is Princess Timoti?” Bruce demands.

“Ye-yes, My King, it was truly Lady Drake”

Without further delay, Bruce mounts his horse and races straight to the border. 

Bruce understands that he has messed up big time with Tim. That he has done great error when it comes to raising her. He was cruelly reminded of the fact after Tim has declared the Law. The Law was made when the Drakes and Waynes' descendants have some arguments that can not be resolved with talking.

To invoke it means Tim has thought that there are no second chances. That Tim is done with all the mistakes the Waynes seemed to be making when it comes to their relationship with Tim. (It is also probably because a member of the Wayne family has endangered the life of two members of the Drake family.)

He knows that he has placed a higher standard on Tim than any of his other children, but that’s because she is Royal by blood. She is Bruce’s niece, she is Janet’s daughter, therefore she is Royalty. She is already different from other noble children right from birth. 

The high standard comes as a price of having the Royal blood. If Bruce does not put her to such a high standard then every noble will eat her alive. Even though she is fourth in line, a weaker standing to the Crown than Dick, her lineage makes her more favorable in the eyes of old noble families.

Every single family with the title of Duke/Duchess and Marquess/Marchioness who still has the old classist belief side with Tim when it comes to the succession of the throne. That makes her the target of families who sided with Dick.

Bruce only wants her to be protected from those opportunistic bastards.

Bruce has vowed to protect her, he tries to protect her status, her standing. The nobles, Royal Palace Staff, and the Church all adored Tim with her bright mind and excellent manner. Bruce has declared her the Second Princess and given her responsibilities. He puts her in a high position, high standards to make her flawless. With that, no one should be able to harm her.

But she did.

She got attacked by Dick’s enemy, she got attacked by Jason and Damian, and she got poisoned. Bruce failed to protect her, to prevent that. He has poured all his time to make sure the culprits are punished and makes endless plans so it does not happen again.

However, what Bruce should have done is not to be obsessive over her security personnel and plans. What Bruce should have done was be there when she got hurt.

He failed to realize that sooner. But now that he has, he will be there for Tim this time. 

It takes Bruce almost the whole day to reach the camp. He has forced his horse to run at its maximum speed for the whole journey. The moment he reached the camp he dismounts and gives the reign to one of the knights there.

“Where is Princess Timoti?” he asks loudly.

The knights who are milling around immediately scrambles out of the way when Earl Allen comes out of his tent, “Your Majesty”

“Earl, lead me to where Princess Timoti is before I decided to chop off your family’s heads”

Earl Allen pales but before he can lead Bruce to Tim, a familiar voice interrupts, “And here I thought you are a just King, Your Majesty”

Bruce turns and sees Tim. She just emerges from a tent with the vassal of Allen. She is wearing blood-stained pants, a black tunic and a red half breastplate, and a black long cloak. Her hair is shorter, braided at her side. She is carrying a sword in her left hand, and strapped on various parts of her body are knives.

She looks different.

She does not look like the Tim he knew anymore. Not the meek and proper Princess she once was. Not the smiling soft child she used to be. She looks like a seasoned knight. She looks like she belongs in this camp, with her straight posture and air of confidence, she looks like the leader of this expedition.

“Tim…”

“What do you want? This is a regional attack, this should not concern you”

Tim does not look hurt. There is blood on her pants but it does not seem like hers. She is fine.

“Tim are you okay? The battle… you were put in danger by the Earl. Is he forcing you to do this? To lend him help? Is he-”

“Okay, stop” Tim sighs as if annoyed, “You came here without knowing anything. Typical. No, he does not force me to go into this battle, the battle that I led mind you. I have intel on this battle and formed an alliance with the Earl, we strategized for months before setting camps. The plan was for me to lead from the estate but I snuck out by myself to lure out the leader.”

The way she reported them even feels distant. Like the knights who give brief reports to him in the afternoon. There is no warmth that she usually has when talking with Bruce. She sounds different.

“His estate should have protected you, the fact that you were able to sneak out means that they have failed to protect you!”

“Do you see that I am hurt?” Tim raises her arms beside her, “Do you see if I have hurt myself? No, I can protect myself just fine Your Majesty”

“Tim... you are the Second Princess, you should have been-”

“No, I am not. Not anymore” Tim draws her sword and brings the hilt to her chest, right above her heart. Her left arm is curled behind her back, “I am Timoti Jeanette Drake, Heiress of Drake Grand Duchy, Future Grand Duchess of Bristol, and current General of Bristol Knights. I have lured and defeated the leader of this army, Mobius, and helped bring an end to this attack. I am no longer the weak and meek Princess you once knew, I am one of the leaders of this expedition and you should know well not to offend my honor as the General”

All the knights on camp including Earl Allen and his vassal kneel down at Tim’s declaration. Blatant support of Tim’s role in this whole situation.

No, no this is… No, I can still fix this

Bruce is about to plead for her to listen to him when a callous hand grabs his wrist. He turns to look at the bastard who dares to touch him but is faced with the face of his other daughter.

“Cass…”

“Bruce” her grips tighten before loosening, “she has earned the right to be here… we wouldn’t know if she did not tell. Honor her decision, she can take care of herself.” Cass nods at Tim who nods back.

“Tim… it’s good to see you”

“I, Timoti Drake of Bristol, greet the First Princess of  Gotham, Her Royal Highness Cassandra Cain-Wayne” Tim greets her formally. Bruce flinches at the cold and formal tone she used. It’s how she greets Bruce also before she leaves for Bristol. 

It makes her seem so… distant. Usually, she would greet him with a hug and a smile, something that Bruce took for granted. Now that it’s gone, he will do anything to get that smile and hug back.

“...you’ve changed” Cass confesses softly.

“Yes, I have”

“I… I’m sorry, I... I am still your sister, you can… I am not going to attack you, you can relax” Bruce looks back at Tim and sees her posture. It’s defensive as if she is waiting to be attacked by Cass… by Bruce. He wants to reassure her that he will not, but the incident with Damian made him stop. Twice has Damian attacked her, even with Bruce’s reassurance, Tim will not believe it.

“You left me, I begged you to stay but you never did. I begged you to take me but you never did. Was it easy for you to leave me behind knowing what they did?”

No, I’m sorry… Tim, no

“...you already know the answer… I am still sorry this happen” Cass answers softly. He feels he needs to say something, to do something… but nothing comes out of his mouth.

“I thank you for your apology but I do not know if I forgive you… I do not know if I ever will” Tim locks her eyes with Bruce’s. It is clear that she meant for both of them, not just Cass.

“...I understand” Cass’ grip on Bruce’s wrist tightens a little in warning “...for what’s worth, we do love you but not the way you deserve. You deserve more… than the Waynes… than me. But if you need help, I will always come” Then with years of experience being the leader of the Outsiders, she gives one command and the crowd disperses.

No, wait this is not over yet

Tim gives another nod and bows to both him and Cass. She then leaves with the vassal and soon is joined by a young man with a tan complexion.

“Don’t” Cass says when she feels Bruce moving to follow, “She will not appreciate that”

“Cass… How… She was… I-”

“Bruce, I heard what happened at dinner and Drake Castle… I think it’s best if you let her leave” Cass’ eyes have tears gathered at the corner. She looks longingly in Tim’s direction. “I’m sorry… it’s too late” she then leaves for her tent.

Bruce stands there feeling his world just crumble at his feet. 

“She’s my little girl Dana! She is supposed to be with me! I promised Janet I will protect her”

“Yes, you did promise Janet you will protect her. That’s the only reason why I allowed her to come here when… when Janet and Jack died. I was honoring your promise, but you don’t have the decency to do the same”

“How dare you-”

“The scar on her arm, who inflicted it? When? Why can’t you prevent it?”

“She’s my daughter, Dana!”

“No, she’s mine!”

And she was right, the Tim that stood in front of him just now was not his daughter anymore. The girl who was his was not there anymore. Bruce has failed to protect her, now she rises from the ashes and is born as someone new, someone stronger.

Someone who does not need Bruce anymore.

He stands in the middle of a battle camp, crying and feeling his heart shattered into million pieces.

It’s too late now

Notes:

One of my headcanon is Bruce and Janet being raised as if they were siblings and Bruce treating Tim as his child because what is Janet's is also his lol though in this story he messed up big time :(

Cass is here! Even though only for a little while…. I always feel like Cass is just an absent family member and not really abusive towards Tim which Tim thinks is better than being ignored because Cass has a solid reason. However, Tim realized with her friendship with Bart and Ives, who is away but still has time for her, that if someone truly cares about you distance will never be a problem. Since this is Bruce’s POV we didn’t get Tim’s inner monologue about seeing Cass, but it will be slowly revealed in the next chapters how Tim feels about Cass and Alfred.

Chapter 35: Chapter 26: Like a Dream I Can’t Recall

Summary:

Together in Tim’s office, doing their respective work. Sometimes mom will come and join them, sometimes she will only join them for lunch. When it is not too cold outside they will spend time walking in the garden. But when they got snowed in they will spend time in the library near the fireplace, drinking hot chocolate.

It is peaceful.

Then the peace is shattered by Prince Damian’s arrival.

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

“...I understand...for what’s worth, we do love you but not the way you deserve. You deserve more… than the Waynes… than me. But if you need help, I will always come”

Tim sighs as she wakes up after the dream.

It is more like a memory, really. When King Bruce visited the camp and Cass has come right after, she knew Tim is not the before. She always has been able to read people, to read their emotions. That’s why she was perfect for the role of an Outsiders. She could always tell if someone is lying or not.

She told her that she has changed and she easily accepted the change, apologized, and that is it...

Tim will lie if she says she is not disappointed by that. Sure, she does not want to have anything to do with the Waynes, but Cass… Tim thought that if Cass at least said she would try to do better Tim may ask her to spend time with her.

But Cass easily accepted the change and seem that she is going to move on

At least she apologized, unlike the others, Tim muses. But still, she feels disappointment lodged in her heart each time she remembers that day.

Stephanie comes to her room then and helps her change. She starts to list out the things Tim needs to do for the day while serving Tim’s morning tea. “Colin wants to go to the Town today, you promised to come with him. I have prepared a carriage and they will pick you up at noon”

“Oh, yes. I did promise him to lunch together”

“Yes, he is still upset because of the whole Mobius thing” Steph leads her to her office room. “It will be quiet a while before he trusts that you will not abandon him”

Tim sighs, “Yeah, I know” that is one of the things that Tim has to put her whole effort in. Making sure that Colin will believe that she will come back to him if she leaves for something like that. “It’s just, I do not want to put him in danger”

Steph gives a sympathetic hum.

When they arrive at Tim’s office, the page boy has been waiting for her. “Your Grace, there is a letter for you, from Krypton Kaiserech”

Tim’s heart beats fast at that. She takes the letter from the page boy, thanks him, and immediately goes inside her office to take the letter opener. Her hands shake as she cut open the envelope. The seal is the First Star of Krypton. Conner’s seal.

She takes a deep breath and takes out the letter. 

Dear Princess Timoti,

I hope this letter finds you in good health. The story of your feat has reached our Krypton border. The Kaiser has mentioned in passing about your direct involvement in defeating Morbius.

I must say, I am impressed. It is no easy feat to be able to lead the expedition to success especially on your first time. However, words from the vine told your intelligence and just leadership that contributes to the success of the expedition.

I like to offer my congratulation on your victory. May Rao blesses your future success to come.

Sincerely,

KronPrinz Kon-El

Tim smiles widely at Kon’s letter. There are many letters congratulating Tim on the victory over Mobius’ army, she even got a letter from Princess Diana herself! However, this letter, in particular, is more special than the others. Since it is written by Kon.

“Oooh, okay, I see how this is,” Stephanie says from beside her, a shit-eating grin on her face. Tim is not aware that the blonde has come close that she is able to read the letter. “So, after dancing with the KronPrinz you fell in love with him? I thought you said he was an assholle”

“I did not say he was an asshole” Steph raises her left eyebrow at her, “I said… he was a rude man with the mouth and an attitude of a brash rogue”

“So an asshole” she sings out. “Though it is not really surprising, since you have a type; dark hair, blue eyes, tall, and muscle that has muscle. Let’s not forget your first crush at Lady Donna”

Tim blanches, “Okay, no… first, please never remind me again. Second, it was not a crush, I admire her. Third, please never mentioned it again I have not recovered from humiliating myself in front of her… lastly, no that’s not true, that’s not my type, no”

“Are you sure? Because I have a list of people with those traits that have caught your fancy”

“Okay, we are not discussing this” Tim reaches to her drawer and takes out her envelope, and starts to write a reply for Conner. Steph is still snickering beside her because she knows she is right. Tim may have a little bit of type with blue-eyed people but she does not want to admit it out loud.

She likes it because it reminds her of the ocean and the sky.

“Here, please give it to the page boy” Steph gives an exaggerated bow then leaves the office. She opens the door to reveal Colin. They exchanged greetings and Steph leaves to do her duty. Colin comes in with books in his arms.

He greets Tim who gives him a hug before sitting at the table especially set up for him and does his homework.

It has been like this for a month now. After the death of Mobius, Colin has not left Tim’s side. Tim does her best to gain the trust and ease Colin back into being able to be on his own. But she guesses that after getting her throat cut, getting attacked by Jaime, then leaving to hunt down Mobius, Colin just feels overwhelmed.

So they spent days like this.

Together in Tim’s office, doing their respective work. Sometimes mom will come and join them, sometimes she will only join them for lunch. When it is not too cold outside they will spend time walking in the garden. But when they got snowed in they will spend time in the library near the fireplace, drinking hot chocolate.

It is peaceful.

Then the peace is shattered by Prince Damian’s arrival.

Tim is furious when she sees the boy sitting in her drawing-room. She does not allow him entrance but apparently, the boy just sneaks in and then demands the servant to lead him to the drawing-room and to get Tim.

“Your Highness, I thought I have made it clear that any Wayne who comes to Bristol without my permission is considered as a trespasser”

“Drake, I am here to talk”

“And I do not want to hear it” Tim grabs Colin by his shoulder to steer them away from Prince Damian.

“Drake! It has been a year! Cease this tantrum of yours and come back to your duties!”

Tim ignores him as she leads Colin back to her office. The redhead boy is tense beside her. After Prince Jason’s attack, he becomes even warier of the Royal family. Steph and Bart encourage this wariness by feeding him the stories of the Royal family’s past treatment of Tim.

She hears the sound of Prince Damian following them.

“Drake! Come back here! I ordered you to come back! You have neglected your duty as the Second Princess for far too long!” Tim flags down a knight and orders him to escort Prince Damian out of the Palace, “Drake!”

The knight has trouble making the Prince comply. The Prince easily slaps off the hands of the knight and continues marching in Tim’s directions. He keeps calling her name but she keeps ignoring it.

“Coward! You are a coward Drake! You leave your post and leave your duty for what? For someone claiming to be a noble you are everything they are not!”

“Shut up!” 

….and here we go.

Colin rounds on Damian, face red of anger, finger-pointing at the Prince’s direction, “Shut your mouth! You have no right to call my sister names! You are a trespasser and a stranger! Leave before we make you!”

“SHE IS MY SISTER!” Prince Damian attacks. Colin who is already agitated the moment Prince Damian’s arrival is announced meets him head-on. 

Both of them draws their sword and fight.

Colin has improved a lot over the year learning swordfight, Sir Bernard has made sure his technique is impeccable. However, it is still league below Prince Damian’s. Although his strength helps him to keep up with the Prince.

Tim sighs before drawing the knight’s sword. She gathered her dress's skirt in one hand so it will not be a hindrance and advance. She steps in front of Colin and blocks Prince Damian’s attack. The Prince is shocked to see Tim with a sword, which helps her strips Prince Damian out of his.

The knight immediately takes the sword.

Tim aims her sword in the Third Prince’s direction, “This is your last warning, Prince Damian. Leave the Palace now or we will force you to leave”

The young Prince does not say anything in response, only eyeing the tip of the sword aimed at him. Tim sighs and lowers the sword. She gestures at the crowd of knights who gather after the fights broke. They can handle the trespasser.

“Come, Colin. Let us leave for Town now, we should go to our lunch reservation” Tim offers her hand to Colin. The redhead boy seats back his sword and takes Tim’s hand. They leave the commotion behind. Though a yell stops her on her track.

“YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO BE MY SISTER!” Tim turns and promptly froze. Behind her stood Prince Damian who is surrounded by knights. He is shaking and crying.

Prince Damian… is crying.

The knights seem to not know what to do, so they hang back as the Prince’s body shook with his sobs, “You were supposed to be my sister! You said you are my sister! But you left! you left me! And-and you take him! You take him as my replacement! You lied! You lied to me!”

Tim is dumbfounded. She does not know what to do in this situation. She never sees the Prince cry before. It feels wrong to see him so young and sad when he is always so proud and loud.

“You are my sister! Not his! Mine!” his shouts petters of to hitch sobs, “You left me all alone in that Palace! You left me! And now I am alone!”

Tim suddenly remembers her talk with Cass, the last time she saw her in her past life. After King Bruce ‘died’ and Princes Jason’s army started to storm the Capital. She was crying as Cass packed her stuff, she was begging her sister to not leave her. “You said you are my sister but why are you leaving me?”

Prince Damian’s tears stream down his face. He furiously wiped the tears away. But it keeps coming, as with the sobs that seem to hurt his lungs.

Tim moves before she can think more.

She wraps her arms on the little Prince’s shoulder and brings him closer to her. He buries his head on her shoulder sobbing uncontrollably. His arms wrap around her, his hand gripping the fabric of her dress tightly.

“Shh, Dami… I’m here, shhh, it’s okay… I’m here”


Mom finds them twenty minutes later in Tim’s office.

She is sitting on the sofa with both boys curled up beside her. Prince Damian refuses to let go and Colin refuses for Prince Damian to be clinging to Tim. So to compromise, Tim sits down in the middle of the big plush sofa and lets them curl beside her.

They are now on edge of falling asleep after Tim’s been running her fingers through both their hair. They keep bickering and try to shove the others when Tim has enough and just start carding her fingers and hums a lullaby under her breath.

It works because she got two sleepy eleven years old in her arms.

“Should I inform the Palace?” Mom whispers.

Tim shakes her head and continues humming. She glances down at Prince Damian who still has tears streaming down his face. He cries silently as his eyes fluttered close. She sighs softly then kisses his forehead.

The Prince stiffens before relaxing again. He buries his head on Tim’s shoulder. Tim chuckles quietly. Hearing it, Colin whines at her, seeking attention. Tim kisses his forehead softly once then again with an exaggerated smack. The boy seems happy as he settles again.

“Aww, that’s cute” Mom whispers. They stay silent observing both boys who lose fight against sleep. After five minutes without any movement from both, Mom sits down on the chair beside Tim, “What are you going to do with him?”

“I… I don’t know” Mom hums. “I have never seen him cry before,” Tim says softly.

“With the way he acts, it is easy to forget that he is still a child… the same age as Colin”

“Yeah, he always acts older than he is… It is sad to realize that no one is there to teach him any better. They only say he can not do things, but no one has the time to tell him why.”

Mom winces, “It must be frustrating for him not knowing what he did wrong”

Tim nods, “We assumed that King Bruce will do it. Although, he never did. It is easier for him to force me to be the bigger person than to help the Prince change.”

“We both know the King has zero parenting skills” Mom scoffs, “He has failed when he could not mediate between Prince Richard and Prince Jason before he died, and again with you and Prince Jason. Whoever thought that it is still a great idea to give him more children has a couple of loose parts here” she points at her temple and makes a circling gesture.

Tim laughs quietly, trying her best to not disturb both boys.

“I always have… a feeling that both of them can actually be friends… circumstances just make it not possible”

Mom smiles as she runs her fingers through Colin’s hair. They fall into a comfortable silence. Tim begins to evaluate her interaction with Prince Damian so far. In her past life and her present life.

Prince Damian is the same age as her when he first came to the Palace. He was left there by her Mother, Lady Talia, after being hidden from his father for years. The day he came it was a ruckus. The Council and nobles scorn his sudden arrival and heritage. Coming from the Al Ghul bloodline who are notorious for their assassins.

The fact that he is conceived out of marriage only fueled the Council to force King Bruce to send him back.

Everyone was wary of him. They did not know what this child will do to their Kingdom. He has Royal blood and he can contest the title of Crown Prince so the Crown Prince faction becomes anxious with his present.

Looking back, Tim understands that the sudden aggressiveness he has may be caused by him trying to defend himself. Trying to show people that he is not weak so others may not be able to push him around from being a child.

He attacked almost all of the members of Titans. But instead of him being condescending, perhaps it was his way of protecting himself. It was one of Ra’s teaching, after all, strike first before your enemy finds your weakness.

Tim closes her eyes. She tries to imagine being in Prince Damian’s position. Being shipped out to an unknown Kingdom with different culture and custom, where you are not the first in line but rather the fifth. Having no power while being in a position where you are constantly in danger. Being in a place where even your supposed family is wary of you.

He is just a child being shoved into the messy game that is politics.

“I never would have thought,” Tim starts, “that the Third Prince will think that I am abandoning him. I thought that he will rejoice in happiness to have rid of his competitors. I am probably too angry at what happened that I did not try to understand how he feels”

“Hey, he never gives you a chance to understand it” mom whispers softly, “I think both of you are not at fault”

Tim turns to look at her. Mom’s eyes soften when they lock eyes. “You both are still children you two do not know any better, and it is the job of the parent to make sure you do”

Mom sighs, “King Bruce should have been able to help mediate between the two of you, he should not just choose the easiest way around, because a parent’s job is never easy. He should have been able to tell the Third Prince how to act and be able to reassure you of your position. He should not let this feud between you two goes for this long.”

Tim ducks her head. She kisses the top of Colin’s head.

“It is not entirely your fault nor it is Prince Damian’s fault this happens. You had enough of their treatment and it is understandable if you leave. And while his action is wrong, he should have had someone to guide him. But instead, he has someone who just let things go because it’s easier.”

“He must felt disappointed at me… he blamed me for leaving him. He said he is alone in that Palace”

“So what are you going to do now?”

“I… I do not know”

Mom gives her a small smile and kisses her on her forehead, “Once he wakes up, how about we talk to him? I knew the Waynes has conditioned you to reject any talks about feelings, but you are a Drake… and we Drakes talk about our feelings until we have nothing left to say. That’s how your Mother, Father, and I got together” she stands up from her chair and leaves the room.

“Well, that and spending the night on your Father’s bed”

Tim groans while her mom laughs. Tim glares at the closing door, still hearing her mom’s laughter echoing down the hall.

She looks down at the boy curled up on her left side, small and young with tears tracks staining his cheek. She presses her cheeks on top of his head and sighs. “You left me all alone in that Palace! You left me! And now I am alone!”

She closes her eyes and starts humming.


Preparations are complete, waiting for your signals


Keep in contact. You may proceed.

Notes:

A long note ahead!
So, this chapter is a little bit harder to write than most because I am trying to write the complicated relationship between Tim and Damian. Over the years, there are so many fics that depict the start of their horrible relationship. I read some comments from people who think that Damian is demonized in some of the fics and they think it is not fair if you remember his upbringing. I agree with this because the reason why he was awful at the start is that he was never meant to be a hero. He was the heir of Ra’s and was raised as an assassin who just happened to be Bruce’s son. He showed every single characteristic of a killer and superiority complex. Although, he becomes better and his character got a redemption arc in his Year of Blood arc. So yes, it is not fair to make him basically an evil child just so we can make Tim the victim. However, what I don’t really agree with when a fic does address this issue is to make Tim easily accept this thought and basically swipe everything under the rug. Don’t get me wrong I love the happy ending, the ‘It’s okay Dami, I understand and I forgive you’, and they hug and become best friends, but I always feel that it shouldn’t be that quick. Tim is also a child, a teen, and teens are full of angst. They are often still self-centered because they are trying to gain autonomy over themselves. Besides, getting pushed from the dinosaur, getting almost killed a couple of times, and getting your line cut warrants a reluctance in Tim to accept the apology. I still hold a grudge when my younger brother slapped me when we were teens, though we get along now, I still can’t really forgive him for that. So, that is why in this fic, I want to show that (a) Damian is still a child who has a very messed up upbringing and a neglectful environment that didn’t promote growth, therefore, should be given a second chance, and (b) Tim who is still able to feel hurt and have time to really process his feeling towards Damian with this new understanding before really deciding whether to forgive Damian or not because his struggle is valid and it is okay to bot accept someone’s apology right away.

Chapter 36: Chapter 27: Dear Conner,

Notes:

Another letter chapter! The letters exchange contained spoilers for future chapters. I didn't intend to make another letter chapter but I realized that the romance part of this story has become a side plot and if I don't write something about TimKon then the romance plot will be lost. However, I don’t want to just spring their romance out of nowhere, and making a whole storyline of their romance will make the story longer so I just showed their growing romance (more on Conner’s side really) through their letter exchange instead!

Chapter Text

Dear KronPrinz Kon-El,

I hope this letter finds you in good health. Thank you for your congratulation, it is such an honor to have been congratulated by the First Star of Krypton who has many successful expeditions under his belt. It means a lot to someone like me. I should also offer my gratitude for the presents you have sent to me. I love the book you have sent and will forever cherish it.

Sincerely,

Lady Drake

0o0o0o0o0o0

Dear Lady Drake,

I hope this letter finds you in good health. I am glad that you love the book. I was a little worried that you may not find it acceptable for a present. Although, I must confess I have asked for advice from my cousin Erzherzogin Zor-El. She has mentioned that the two of you talked about Lord Nygma’s book the last time she went to Gotham.

Sincerely,

KronPrinz Kon-El


Dear KronPrinz Kon-El,

I hope this letter finds you in good health. I must regretfully inform you that I may not be able to come to Prinz Jon-El’s debut. I am very grateful for your invite, however, there is something that is currently happening in Bristol that I can not ignore.

My Lady-in-waiting, Lady Brown’s, life may be in danger. As her Lady, I have to make sure she is protected. Please, extend my regret to the Prinz, the Kaiserin, and the Kaiser.

Sincerely,

Lady Drake

0o0o0o0o0o0

Dear Lady Drake,

I hope this letter finds you in good health.

While I am disappointed that I could not meet the Lady, I understand the need to protect our people. With this letter, I am offering you my support. Should you need anything, I will gladly help you achieve it.

Sincerely,

Kon-El


Dear Lady Tim,

I hope this letter finds you in good health. Thank you for inviting me to the wedding of the Captain of the Knight Order, Sir Luke, and Lady Barbara Gordon. I never would have thought that the Lady would offer since the Lady already has an official escort. I am glad that you are coming with me instead of with Sir Allen.

I will arrive in Bristol two weeks before the wedding so I can rest before we both leave for the Capital and explore Bristol. The Lady has promised to show me around should I ever visit Bristol, I hope the offer still stands? It will be wonderful if I can spend some time with the Lady before the wedding.

I am counting the days until I have to leave for Bristol.

Sincerely,

Conner

0o0o0o0o0o0

Dear Sir Conner,

I hope this letter finds you in good health. Of course, I will be delighted to show you around, Bristol. Our Grand Duchy is famous for its winter festival that lasted an entire week. When you arrived in Bristol, I will personally escort you to the festival in Town. I am sure that Sir Conner will enjoy the seasonal food offered during the festival.

It will be my greatest pleasure to spend some time with you before heading to the Capital. We have only exchanged letters so far, meeting you in person will be something I am looking forward to.

Sincerely,

Lady Tim


Dear Lady Tim,

I hope this letter finds you in good health. I know that we just said our goodbye not long ago, but Krypton is still quite a long distance and I find myself missing you. Is it too bold of me to say that? This is the truth, My Lady, the farther away I am from Bristol the more I long for you.

I still remember the dance we shared at the wedding and it pains me to know that you are no longer in my arms.

Sincerely,

Conner

0o0o0o0o0o0

Dear Sir Conner,

I hope this letter finds you in good health. I will be honest with you Sir, the moment the carriage door closed, I have felt this deep feeling of loss. I cherish the moment we share at the festival and our dance at the wedding, Sir Conner. It makes me able to do my duties despite being far away from you.

Tonight I will look on the sky to find the First Star of Krypton and know that despite our distance, we are still seeing the same new hope that will lead us home.

Sincerely,

Tim


Dear Tim,

Prinz Jon-El has joined me on my weekly hunting. He has been talking about your feat on capturing Roman Sionis. The details of his arrest have only reached our Krypton border now, and all I hear is about the brave Heiress of Bristol who captured the corrupt noble terrorizing the Alley from Jon.

I think Jon-El has become your admired. With much news of your success, I can not fault him. You are amazing Tim.

Sincerely,

Conner

0o0o0o0o0o0

Dear Conner,

I could not possibly do it without the amazing people that have supported me. This is as much their success as it is mine. However, it still flatters me to know that the Prinz thinks so highly of me. 

It has been hectic lately with Prince Damian’s arrival, then the arresting, then the wedding, then the investigation and trial. The Castle has been so busy lately that a calm reprieve is all that we hoped for.

I just hoped that this peace will last as long as possible. I do not think my knights can handle any more stress.

Sincerely,

Tim


Dear Conner,

Have you ever wondered if the world is actively trying to plot things to go against you? I just had the most uneventful experience and I am wondering if the universe just simply decided to make my life harder?

Remember the last letter that I wrote? I told you that I hoped the peace will last as long as possible. Well, yesterday Prince Jason infiltrated the Castle and nearly killed Prince Damian.

It was a riot. Colin, Prince Damian, and three knights got hurt, but before you got worried I am fine. Prince Jason attacked Colin and Prince Damian while they were drinking tea. I have managed to help stop the fight but I still have a wayward Prince in my guestroom to deal with. Is it possible for you to come to Bristol? It will mean a lot to me if you can be here as support.

Sincerely.

Tim

0o0o0o0o0o0

Dear Tim,

I will leave for Bristol tomorrow morning. I will be there for you, I promised that I will always be there for you.

Sincerely,

Conner


Dear Tim,

The Krypton Royal Family will be attending the Spring festival in Queen, I know that the Waynes will not be attending so I know that you will.

I hope that you can spare some time to explore the festival with me, just the two of us. I have something that I need to tell you.

Sincerely,

Conner

0o0o0o0o0o0

Dear Conner,

Of course, I will attend the Queen’s Spring Festival, Princess Mia has made me swear to come this year. Prince Damian and Colin will also come. While it is always endearing to see them play together, I can not shake the foreboding feeling of doom I feel every time I heard them whispering with each other.

They are plotting something, Conner, I can feel it! The last prank they did was funny but it took so long to clean, there was still glitter on Jaime’s hair for days after! Whatever they are planning, I hope that it does not include glitter.

Yes, of course, Conner. I will be delighted to spend time with you. Just the two of us.

Sincerely,

Tim


Dear Conner,

I heard that the Kaiser has lifted your prohibition this week. I am glad that you will be able to leave your palace. Now, you will not be bored from staring at your bedroom ceiling for hours a day. You will finally be able to train with the knights again.

I hope you will not get yourself into trouble again so soon, especially since you promised to be my escort for Prince Damian’s debut. That means no more sneaking out to go hunting alone! I promised that we will sneak off from the Wayne Palace to see the late Queen Martha’s rose garden after all. So please do not make the Kaiser punish you again. Who will be my partner in crime if not you?

I know it is still a month before Prince Damian’s debut in May, but I wish that will arrive soon. I am counting the days to finally meet you again.

Love.

Tim

0o0o0o0o0o0

Dear Tim,

Yes, I know, I promise I will not go hunt without telling my aide. You would think that with all the joined training I had with Themyscira’s army, I will be trusted to not get lost in their forest. Oh, woe, the life of the KronPrinz!

However, since I had promised you that I will help you sneak out of the party, I will try my best to be on my very best behavior. At least, until the Third Prince of Gotham’s debut. After that, I am afraid I can not promise you anything, My Lady. Unless you give me an incentive, I may fall back into my old bad habit.

I am counting the days to finally meet you again, Pretty Bird.

Love,

Conner


Dear Conner,

My birthday is coming up soon, and everything has become even more chaotic. I think there have been three maids crying because of Stephanie and Bart. They are determined to make an even more grand party than the last, no one can stop them. Every day the sound of screaming and crying can be heard at least three times. Poor Jaime has sought refuge with the librarians, I have warned him not to get on Bart’s way.

I think my Mom has fled Bristol after she accidentally misplaced the paper Steph put on my desk. I do not think I will be able to see her again, hopefully, she will come back before Colin comes of age.

I can not wait for my birthday since I will be meeting you again after so long. I know it is silly since we met just two weeks ago but still it feels forever ago. I miss you, Kon.

Love,

Tim

0o0o0o0o0o0

Dear Pretty Bird,

I believe Lady Dana has made the wise choice of leaving Bristol. No one can survive Lady Brown’s fury. Not even the bravest of knights will be able to. She is just too frightening when she is mad. I had experienced it once and I do not want to experience it twice. I just hope that Lady Dana is happy in her new life, wherever she may be.

Jokes aside, I have been anxious all week about your birthday. This will be your 17th birthday, one year before your coming of age, one year before it is legal for you to marry.

I am counting the days for us to meet again. I miss you, Tim.

Love,

Kon

Chapter 37: Chapter 28: Greatest Deference is Owed

Summary:

Prince Damian stares at her thoughtfully. It occurs to Tim that this is probably the first time someone thought him how to conduct himself as someone with power. Tim is aware of the fact that the King and Crown Prince treat the Prince as a child, therefore, should not concern himself with the inner working of being a member of the Royal family.

It helps spare him the messy side of politics and court relations, however, it makes him lack the necessary attitude needed for a member of the Royal family.

Notes:

I want to start by saying: acceptance is not forgiveness! Civility is not forgiveness! You can accept someone's apology, you can be civil with them but still not forgive them. Forgiveness is something that is hard to truly accept, especially if you got hurt badly and it is okay to take your time to heal.

Chapter Text

Dear Timoti,

I hope this letter finds you in good health. Alfred has informed me of Prince Damian entering the Drake Castle without your permission. I understand that this breached the rules set by the Third Law of Inheritance, therefore I will send a carriage and Sir West to come to Bristol. I hope that you will send a letter of approval for his visitation. I apologize for this inconvenience.

Sincerely,

Bruce

Tim grinds her teeth together when she reads the letter from the King. It has been four days since Prince Damian’s outbursts. After he woke up, he went red and hid in a guest room. He has refused to go out of his room and refused to leave Bristol.

On day two, Mom sent a letter to the Palace informing them of Prince Damian's whereabouts. Now a reply came from the King himself.

She set aside the documents on Roman Sionis to read the letter given by the Butler. Her mood has been bad after reading the newest report from the spy Lady Maleate sent to Sionis’ house, now it got even worse by the letter the King has sent.

She feels wrong to give Prince Damian back after what he has said four days ago. However, she does not want to assume that the Third Prince wants to stay. So, she stands up and goes to the Prince’s room.

“Colin, I need to go to the Prince’s chamber. Do you want to come?” the redhead nods as he stands up, “okay, then I need you to promise to not fight him”

Colin throws his glance away from Tim. The boy subtly tries to adjust the dagger he hides on his sleeve, “Colin, I know you are upset with him, but you can not keep fighting him”

“That’s not fair, I was never the one who started it”

“I know but instead of taking a defensive pose and ending the fight, and I know you were thought by Sir Bernard how to quickly defuse a fight, you attack him instead. I know it is upsetting, the things he has said, but at this point, if you keep fighting him then we can not solve this problem”

“You should have just sent him back to the Palace then!” before Tim can reply Colin continues, “He is rude and mean and he calls you names. I don't like him”

Tim brings Colin in for a hug. The boy melted, hugging back tightly. "I am sorry Colin, I know it is not fair, however, he is of Royal Blood and we need to conduct ourselves in the presence of others. Remember your lesson, right?"

"A great leader should know when to not start a fight" Colin mumbles against Tim's chest. He tightens his hold on her.

" You don't have to forgive him, Colin, just be civil and treat him like you would treat our guest" Tim kisses the top of his strawberry red hair. "If we show hostility then we are no better" Collin nods his agreement. They stay like that for a couple of minutes, just enjoying each other company. Tim is the one who breaks the hug, but she still has her arms around Colin’s shoulder.

They walk together to the guestroom Prince Damian is in. She knocks three times and asks permission to enter. Like always, the Prince rejected it. “I received letters from your Father, Third Prince. May I come in?”

There is silence then the sound of movement. The door is opened and both Drakes enter the chamber.

Prince Damian stands in the middle of the room glaring at Colin, “Why is he here?”

“Okay, before we begin” Tim points out, “You always preach about being a Royal, so if you really think you are one you are going to act like one. A Royal should be able to compose themselves in situations where you need a clear head, therefore, you are going to sit down, compose yourself and we can begin discussing the letter your Father sent”

When the Prince’s glare intensifies, Tim raises her hands, “No, fighting! Colin has promised me not to fight, I want you to give your promise to not start a fight. A great leader should know when to not start a fight”

Prince Damian stares at her with this assessing look. He stares at her eyes before his eyes land on the arms slung on Colin’s shoulder. There is a hurt look in his eyes for a brief moment before he nods and sits down on the armchair.

Tim leads Colin in further and they sit side by side on the sofa.

“Okay, to start the King has sent me a letter this morning. He has requested my permission for Sir West to enter Bristol. He will be sent to retrieve you with a carriage”

“Tt, why would West be-” Prince Damian closes his mouth when his eyes begin to water. He crosses his arms in front of his chest. It used to look arrogant, but now… it looks lonely.

When the Prince does not continue, Tim starts again, “The King will be waiting for my reply but I am sure that he will still send Sir West tomorrow even without my reply. So, now the question is what do you want to do?”

Prince Damian looks up at her, eyes widening. “..what? You are not going to just send me back?”

“If you want to go back then I will write my permission for entry, but if you do not wish to go back to the Palace, for now, I will tell the King to give you permission to stay in Bristol. I would not dare to presume what Your Highness desire”

The Prince looks at her in disbelief, “...Why? I have breached the agreement”

“Yes, although I am sure Your Highness has his reason to breach it” Tim raises her eyebrow the way she knows Alfred does when prompting the Waynes to confess. It seems almost effective, as Prince Damian’s mouth opens to say something but one glance at Colin makes the Prince close his mouth again.

Tim gives a hum then asks the Prince of his answer to Tim’s previous question.

The Third Prince looks hesitant, “I wish to stay” he glares when he sees Colin pouting and slouching on the couch next to Tim, “I do not wish to come back to that place… I mean, the Palace. I wish to stay”

He looks up at Tim. His green eyes reflect a vulnerability that Tim had never seen in the young Prince’s before. He looks small, smaller than Tim used to see.

Tim closes her eyes as she nods her agreement, “Very well, you may stay in the Castle. Although I need to remind you that we have rules, you will be informed by Lady Veronica of those rules. I need you to promise to not break any while you are staying with us, Third Prince”

Prince Damian scowls at her, his eyes watered, and he nods at her while blinking it away.

“Well then, Colin could you be so kind as to escort the Prince around our Castle? It will be advantageous for the Prince to be familiar with our Castle”

“What! NO!” Colin starts to protest, “I don’t want to!”

“I do not need a commoner to show me around!”

Both children begin to bicker as they shout loudly over the other. Each brings an argument to convince Tim to side with one of them. Tim sighs then clap her hand twice, making both stops.

“Okay, please hear me out” Tim puts a hand on Colin’s shoulder, “Colin, you knew how easy it is to get lost in the Castle right? Remember the first week of you living here? Remember that we spent days exploring the Castle? It was fun right?”

Colin nods at her but still looks stubborn, “I believe it will also be fun exploring the Castle with Prince Damian” Tim smiles at him when their eyes meet. “Would our Colin help Prince Damian memorize the Castle?”

Prince Damian bristles at that, he grumbles something under his breath.

Colin looks at her for a couple more seconds before sighing loud and long. “Fiiiiiiinneeeeeee” he stretches out the syllable the way that only children seem to be capable of.

“Tt, I do not need his help!”

Tim turns to Prince Damian, “Your Highness when we are in a new place that we are not familiar with, it will not be a weakness to ask for help from someone who is. As the Third Prince of Gotham, you will be given responsibilities after your debut to society. When that happens, you will find yourself in a position where you need someone to help you navigate the way. Admitting that you need help when it happens does not mean you are admitting your shortcoming, but it is showing that you are eager to learn your duties and respectful of the people with expertise that will help you.

“That is how someone of your stature should act. If you could humble yourself to acknowledge that you need someone else’s knowledge to help better yourself then you will find yourself with people that will make sure you will always improve, to make sure that you will be better as you grow. You are still young, Third Prince, there are still many things that you can learn from other people. Remember there is no shame in learning and asking for help”

Prince Damian stares at her thoughtfully. It occurs to Tim that this is probably the first time someone thought him how to conduct himself as someone with power. Tim is aware of the fact that the King and Crown Prince treat the Prince as a child, therefore, should not concern himself with the inner working of being a member of the Royal family.

It helps spare him the messy side of politics and court relations, however, it makes him lack the necessary attitude needed for a member of the Royal family.

Even though they are the most powerful family in Gotham, they can not do anything without help from others. Navigating the relationship with the noble families, Palace Staff, and Council members are important in order for them to be able to perform their duties effectively. Gods know that King Bruce can not do anything without the help of Alfred and Duke Fox.

This is something that should have been taught to every noble child since they are old enough to read and write. Grand Duchess Janet taught Tim the importance of admitting that you need help. Though remembering that the Prince grew up with the Al Ghuls, she can imagine how it will be seen as weakness by them.

When the Prince does not answer, Tim dares to reach out and grasps his hand in hers, “Prince Damian, it is understandable if you need someone to show you around since you have not had the chance to look around yet. It is not shameful and everyone in the Castle will not look at you differently for it. I promise” 

Prince Damian stares at their hands. Tim squeezes his hand once before releasing it. She turns to Colin who stands up stiffly and points out the door at the Prince and asks him to follow. Prince Damian nods and walks behind Colin, tension clear in his shoulder.

Tim trails after them and asks them to not start a fight and have fun. They both glare at her before continuing awkwardly to walk side by side. It is adorable how stiff they walk.

Tim does not feel too concerned since, in her previous life, she knows the two become friends. She strongly believes that in this life they will be too.

And if it gives Tim the excuse to quietly deal with Roman Sionis without Colin worrying over it, well, that’s just a bonus.

She walks to one of the drawing-room on the guest wing. Inside sit Steph, Lady Maleate, and Luke. “Tim, you come just in time! They just sent some solid evidence of Sionis trafficking business” Steph calls out.

Tim smiles at that and takes a seat next to Stephanie. She takes another document from Stephanie, a new report that has just been sent by the looks of it. She reads through the whole thing, smirking when she finds what she is looking for.

We have saved Bart and Sir Allen’s life, now it is Steph’s turn

“Ladies and gentleman, I believe it is time for us to catch Roman Sionis”

Chapter 38: Chapter 29: And the Past Has Come to Haunt

Notes:

Hey everyone! I hope you have a great day! Someone made a drawing of Tim inspired by this story, and I'm telling you it is amazing🥰🥰🥰!!!!!! Here go check it out on their Tumblr in the link below! https://twerkmasterkarkat.tumblr.com/post/675042940622635008/learn-from-your-past-chapter-1-sorakuu

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

“Roman Sionis has been spotted entering the hotel last night. Should we proceed with the plan?”

Tim sneaks a look outside the window of the restaurant she is currently eating with Bart in. Bart gives her a glance before continuing his story while perusing the menu. He keeps his voice cheerful though his eyes are hard as he keeps eyeing the two men sitting behind Tim.

Tim gives the appropriate answer when needed and laughs when Bart cracks a joke but she keeps her eyes trained on Steph standing on the alley across the street.

“You should definitely come to Central sometime Caroline! I am sure you will like to see the lake! The winter may not be as beautiful as in Bristol, though it is still quite charming”

“Oh, I do not doubt you Mr. Jay” Tim makes her voice higher than her usual voice.

Bart seems to be amused each time she talks in that voice. He smirks before continuing his talk about the lake in Central and what they can do with it. Tim in turn tells him about the winter festival in Bristol.

During her story about what to expect during the festival, Bart taps the table three times pauses then taps once. The signal tells Tim that the men behind her are leaving the restaurant. Tim, without pausing her story, reaches out for her hat on the table and puts it on the floor.

Out of the corner of her eyes, she can see two young ladies walking out of the restaurant with their umbrellas.

“Someone told me that you have been writing with the KronPrinz of Krypton” Bart starts as soon as the two men walk out of the restaurant’s door. Tim's cheeks are tinted red after hearing that. She takes a sip of her tea while ignoring the knowing smirk Bart sent her way.

“Looks like spring has come early to the Castle,” he says in a playful tone.

“Oh, I am not the only one who is experiencing spring” Tim, in turn, gives Bart a wink, “Jaime can not stop sighing dreamily the last time you visited him”

Bart coughs while hiding the growing blush on his cheek. They stare at each other for a moment before bursting into laughter. They let laughter fills the air.

When a light reflected from outside the restaurant hits their table, they stop and discreetly look at the alley where Steph is standing with the two men. They appear to be talking. One man gesturing wildly as he talks. The other, who is standing a bit away from the two, appears to be looking out for someone.

“Hmm, I was invited to attend Prinz Jon-El’s debut party this week. Though, I sent a letter declining the moment he starts to show up at Bristol” Tim starts to sip at his tea again.

Bart gives a sympathetic hum, “Such a shame, I know that you actually want to see the KronPrinz again”

Tim gives him a small smile, looking at the ladies with umbrellas approached by two gentlemen. They are giggling as one of them starts to do a little tap dance with his cane. “I supposed it is. However, I value Steph’s life more”

The man who is with Steph starts to lead her away from the alley into a carriage that just arrives. Steph seems hesitant, mouth opening and closing as she argues something. Although whatever the man says in return seems to pacify whatever concern she has.

Tim is startled out of her staring when Bart’s hands reach out to grab hers. He squeezes once than three times, “Hey, it will be alright. You are not going to let the past repeat itself.”

It is reassuring to have someone knowing exactly how she feels about trying to save loved ones by time traveling. Bart who comes to the past in order to save Sir Barry who is supposed to be dead after an incident in the mountain knows exactly what Tim is feeling right now.

They are so close to capturing Sionis and saving Steph’s life, though there is still some doubt in Tim’s mind. She is afraid of things going wrong. She has prevented the deaths of three people so far, she is afraid that the universe decide that she can not meddle anymore.

Though she will be twice damned if she can not save Steph.

“I am here Tim. I will help you save her”

Tears gather at the corner of her eyes. She blinks it away as she sees the carriage starts to move.” Yes, thank you Bart” she reaches out for her hat and puts it on his head.

Immediately, she sees four figures speed walking to a carriage parked just outside the restaurant. The carriage starts to move as with two figures in cloaks riding their horse. Bart stands up from his chair, offering his arms to Tim.

She takes it and they both leave the restaurant to head for the hotel two blocks away.

On the third floor at the room at the far end of the hotel is room 312. Inside are the Captain of the Knight Order, Luke Fox, and the Leader of the Birds of Prey, a special intelligence unit that specialized in information gathering and covert missions outside of the Outlaws’.

“Hey Lady Tim, have you brought the cakes I wanted?” Lady Barbara asks from her chair behind the window. Her eagle, Oracle, sitting behind her.

Tim gives the box of cake they have brought from the restaurant to Lady Barbara. She hums happily as she opens the box.

“Careful, you are going to have your last fitting this week, you will get angry at me if it does not fit,” Luke says from his perch beside her chair. He is looking outside the window with a telescope. He grunts when Lady Barbara elbows his side. “What? It’s true! You got mad at me the last time they have to change your measurement!”

Lady Barbara huffs, “This is a self-reward for helping you when we are currently so busy with the wedding preparations! I deserve these!”

“Well, I do not care even if you weigh a ton, I will still love you” Luke smiles down at his fiance who smiles back, “But, I know for a fact that you will get angry at me if you do gain weight, so this is me making the witnesses know I have tried my best. I do not want a repeat of last time”

“Sorry, it is all the stress from planning a wedding. I did not mean to yell at you” Lady Barbara smiles sheepishly at Luke. He smiles back softly then brings his forehead down to touch hers.

Behind Tim, Bart let out a coo.

“I apologize for that, Lady Barbara” Tim shyly says, “We thought that we can do this amongst ourselves, turns out we are way over ourselves in thinking we can pull out a covert mission without experts like yourself”

“Flattery, the Drakes always know what to say” Lady Barbara gives her a small smile.

Bart and Luke start to snicker while Tim grins widen.

She could ask Slade to help with the mission, but the mercenary is somewhere else doing something important for Tim. That is if he does not stray to gamble the allowance Tim gave him. Again. 

That is why Tim brings the Birds of Prey in with the plan.

She was afraid that Lady Barbara will be too busy to help with their wedding so close. However, Luke seems to manage to convince her to help. She agrees to make it a covert mission and only enlist her most trusted knights. She even agrees to not say anything to her father, Commander Gordon.

“Do you think they will immediately lead Lady Stephanie to their secret base?”

“If Lady Stephanie is able to lure them into agreeing then they will” Luke muses, “and we all know that Lady Stephanie will make them agree”

“Is it still possible to offer her a position with my unit?”

“Nope!” Tim grins at Lady Barbara, “She is my Lady-in-waiting, you can not have her”

Lady Barbara seems to be taken aback by Tim’s reply, though she returns her grin with laughter. “Right, I would not dare to take away lady Drake’s Lady-in-waiting” she teases.

They start small talk after that, waiting for someone to give them a signal. They talk about the wedding that will be held in the first week of Spring. Lady Barbara talks about how her father is nervous the closer it gets to the wedding date. Luke then also complains about how the Fox Duchy residents also get stressed about the wedding.

While they talk, Oracle starts to screech. They look outside the window and see an eagle flying in a circle, then seemingly disappear before being seen flying closer to their hotel. “That is Misfit, they have arrived at the base” Lady Barbara announces

Tim takes a deep breath then releases it slowly, “Right, time to catch our prey”


Heiress of Bristol Captures Corrupt Viscount! 

Secret Basement of Lost Children

Lady Vale


“Tt, I have told you, Wilkes, you have to sip it not gulp it!”

Tim looks up from her paper in time to see Colin grimaces at the tea in his hand. Prince Damian chides him once again before demonstrating how to properly enjoy tea. Colin glowers at his tea before mimicking the Prince.

“Bleh, no, it’s still disgusting” he puts the cup down and away from him.

“Tt, you say you want to be able to appreciate good tea correctly. It is an acquired taste, you should familiarize your tastebud with it if you want to be able to enjoy it” the Third Prince demonstrates once again.

It has been two months since the Prince’s arrival at Bristol, and true to Tim’s prediction both children become fast friends. 

It is a process with Prince Damian. The first week, he still showed some hostility towards anyone and even though he did not attack them physically, he attacked them verbally. It takes too many lectures and extreme patience to make the Prince understand the things he did wrong. Her mom took it upon herself to parent Prince Damian. She is often found giving moral and compassion lectures to both the Prince and Colin in the tea room.

It is not smooth sailing, however, Tim realizes with no one who will easily excuse the Prince’s behavior and someone who actually takes time to guide, the Prince makes drastic changes.

With Tim and her mom’s strict but still gentle parenting, Prince Damian’s attitude becomes less violent, more polite, and eager to be better. Although he still has this air of superiority around him, he becomes a little bit more approachable.

Then a month into his stay, he had a big fight with Colin that ended with him having a black eye, broken ribs, and broken nose, and Colin had a big bruise in his jaw and a limp. No one was there to stop the fight, they only knew of a fight because both walked back to see Steph’s mother to treat their injuries.

Tim’s mom was absolutely furious and she lectures them for hours with Tim chiming in every once in a while. Though Tim saw how both boys share an amused glance and tried hard not to laugh while still looking chastised.

Their dynamic changes and now they become inseparable. Which warms Tim’s heart, even though both become absolute menaces with their pranks and teasing.

He even tolerates Ishim, when he visits! (the fact that Ishim came with his pet raccoon may become the main factor for the Prince’s tolerance. Who knows that the young Prince is actually an animal lover? Tim certainly did not).

Tim is happy with the change but she is still wary of him. It is not easy to forgive him after all the things he said and done. She still puts a distance between them.

“A letter from Krypton, Your Grace” the Butler interruption makes the conversation between both boys stop. Tim eagerly grabs the letter out of the Butler’s hand. Maybe a tad too eager, as both boys glared at the letter.

“Th-thank you” Tim gives a shaky nod then opens the letter. It is from Conner, telling her about Prinz Jon’s admiration towards her. Tim smiles at the last sentence of his letter. You are amazing Tim.

“Why are you smiling at the letter?” Colin asks, his tone of voice makes Tim looks up.

Both him and Prince Damian are glaring at the letter. Prince Damian has his arms in front of his chest, brows furrowed in disapproval. Colin has the same expression, though he has his hands on his hips instead. “You have been receiving letters from Krypton a lot, Drake.”

“And you keep smiling at them” Both Colin and Prince Damian narrow their eyes. “What does it say anyway?” the redhead boy asks.

“No-nothing! It is just… just some boring diplomatic… stuff… yes” Tim mentally smacks herself for being unconvincing.

“She is lying Wilkes, Krypton does not have a diplomatic business with Bristol currently. I have checked. They are currently focusing on the trouble with the Atlantean delegates” Prince Damian informs them.

“Then what is it? Why are you lying?” Colin presses, “You are not contacting the KronPrinz of Krypton, are you?”

“Wh-what? No! This is… um, just a congratulatory letter for Sionis’ arrest.” Both look unconvinced. “What is this? An interrogation?”

“Why did you say it was diplomatic business, Drake?”

“Your face is so red right now! Why are you blushing, Tim?”

“Your Lady-in-waiting says you fancy the KronPrinz since you danced with him on Fox and Gordon’s wedding”

“He even came early to explore the winter festival with you! Just the two of you! Lady Steph even said that he is your type!”

“Oh, what was that, Lady Dana? You need me at the office right now? Yes, right away!” she hurriedly walks out of the room ignoring the cackles of both boys. She speed walks to her office to write a reply to the KronPrinz.

Tim reads the letter once more, feeling happy when the last sentence. You are amazing Tim.

With that feeling of happiness, she composes the reply. Each time she receives a letter from Conner, she always feels her heart beating too fast. It is different from the past, where they met in person more than in writing since Conner used to accompany the Kaiser to Gotham.

They do write in the middle of their relationship, where they have decided to become friends after trading passive-aggressive comments for too long. In this timeline, however, they write more than they met in person. The wedding and Conner’s early visit were the first time they have met since Tim’s 16th birthday.

Tim puts the letter on the special envelope she set aside just for Conner. She quickly seals it with wax and presses it with her seal. She rings for a maid and asks her to give it to the page boy to be delivered.

When the maid leaves, Tim reaches out for the letter again to read the last sentence. You are amazing Tim.

Tim brings the letter close to her chest and sighs.

“Your Grace! There is an intruder at the tea room!”

At that Tim immediately runs out of her office, taking her sword with her. She bumps into the maid who yelled for her, then proceeds to the tea room. 

“Colin! Prince Damian!” she freezes when she sees the tea room.

Prince Damian is currently fighting Prince Jason with Colin’s help. There are already two knights bleeding on the floor, with another one grabbing at his sword on the floor before proceeding to attack Prince Jason.

Prince Jason kicks Colin on the stomach, slashes Prince Damian’s side, and blocks the knight’s attack all in one swift move.

Tim growls before joining the fight.

When the knight got slashed by the Prince, Tim raises her sword and attack. The Prince easily blocks her attack, but he gets startled when he sees Tim, enough for Colin to use his strength to try and tackle the Prince to the ground.

The Prince dodges the last second and manages only to stumble a little but enough for Tim to use the momentum to attack the Prince with her sword. “I told you, the Waynes will be treated as trespassers, so I suggest you leave now before we forced you!” Tim says between blows.

Prince Jason grunts as he blocks Tim’s attack, “Ugh, wait Babybird!”

Tim snarls at the nickname and swings her sword at his left knee. The Prince moves out of Tim’s attack but into Prince Damian’s. The Third Prince manages to slash Prince Jason’s back. The Red Hood grunts in pain. However, he recovers quickly and grabs at Prince Damian’s collar then swings him out of the way. The Prince collides with Colin and both hit the wall.

“Wait! Listen! I am not trying to attack you!” he blocks an attack by the knight. Tim uses that opportunity to kick his knees. “Ugh, stop!” he raises his hands in surrender.

Out of the corner of her eyes, she can see Sir Bernard, Steph, and Jaime coming into the room. She orders them to stand by. She aims her sword at Prince Jason who is kneeling in front of her, “You attack my knights, my brother, and the Third Prince. Tell me one good reason for me to not throw you in jail”

Prince Jason throws his sword between them, hands still raises in front of him, “I was not trying to attack, okay? I heard about Sionis and I wanted to find out if you are okay… then I saw him” he points at a bleeding Prince Damian who kneels beside Colin.

Tim gasps softly at Colin who seems unconscious. Hearing her gasps, Prince Damian turns to her, “He hit his head”

“Stephanie!” Tim shouts at Stephanie who runs towards Colin and barks orders for people to take the injured to the infirmary.

“You saw the Third Prince, and you decided to… attack?” Tim shakes with rage but keeps her sword steadily aimed at the Second Prince. She trusts Stephanie to help Colin, and even though she is worried, she can not let the Prince out of her sight lest he decides to run after Colin. Prince Jason is always violent, he attacked Tim all the time in the past and present. The scar on her throat was a solid reminder of his violent nature.

“I thought that the brat is going to attack your boy! I was trying to save him!”

Tim gestures at the tea and desserts scattered around the floor, “Did it look like they were fighting? They were peacefully having tea before you decided to attack them! You are not helping them! You were hurting them!”

“I did not know that! I saw him alone with your boy and I thought-”

“Well, you thought wrong!” Tim aims her sword at Prince Jason’s throat, “You are always so explosive, charging without thinking! I thought after what happened last time, you will at least stop to get the whole picture before attacking!” she gestures at her neck.

The Second Prince pales at that and hangs his head down, “I thought that he was going to hurt you again”

Tim sighs loudly, feeling irritation blooms inside her chest. “He has not been for the last two months, and if you just wait a couple of seconds to observe, you would know it too”

“Your Grace” Sir Bernard walks to her side, “What are you going to do with him?”

Tim eyes the Prince as he glares at the knight, “What? Are you going to attack my personal knight too?” the Prince looks chastised. He lowers his head again. “Ugh, God this is frustrating. As much as I want to place him in jail, he has surrendered and ceased his attack. We can not do anything to him since he is still a member of the Royal family”

She eyes Prince Jason, weighing down her option that will involve fewer diplomatic problems. The Prince moves slightly and winces when it aggravates the wound on his back. She lowers her sword and hands it over to the knight beside her. “If I let you take care of that wound, will you promise not to attack anyone within this Castle?

Prince Jason raises his head. His eyes widen as he nods stiffly.

“Great! Fantastic!” Tim throws her hands as she scans the messy room, “Escort the Second Prince to a guest room and bring in a physician to treat his wound.” Tim orders Sir Bernard.

The knight makes a move to grab the Prince, but the Prince immediately rises up and barks out that he can walk by himself. Sir Bernard growl in return before walking out of the room. The Prince follows behind slowly. He stops at the doorway, glancing at Tim. “Can we.. um, I need to talk to you-”

“I will come to interrogate you once you have cleaned and dressed your wound”

Prince Jason nods and walks out. Tim curses under her breath then walks out to the infirmary after ordering some servants to clean the tea room. She walks to the infirmary with worry and anger battling inside her.

She remembers the reply she wrote for Conner not long ago, I just hoped that this peace will last as long as possible. I do not think my knights can handle any more stress. She laughs, realizing the cruel irony of it.

“You okay?” Jaime asks beside her. She flinches at the sudden voice but when she sees him, she laughs even harder.

“What was it? What did the Scarab say? Untethered, not receiving any blessing, future errors?” Jaime’s eyes widen at the surely manic look on Tim’s face, “Well, I guess this is their ‘fuck you, Tim!’ then. Oooh, I wish I could just punch someone! In the face! Whoever up there thinks! They can mess with me! You got another thing coming you bastard!” Tim yells out to the sky.

Notes:

Oh no... it's here again... drama... It seems that you can't have a Wayne without *d r a m a* I feel bad for Jason, I'm sure he is here because he cares about Tim but that's not the way to show it Jason :(

For the fight between Colin and Damian, I imagined Colin and Damian facing each other near the lake, each giving an anime protagonist speech, the dunk it out between them anime style. The fight ends with them punching each other in the face then they, like all the characters in a shonen-manga-fighting-on-the-riverbank-scene, become best friends forever.

Btw, I actually made a story about Damian and Colin's fight, a story of the confession from Bernard's POV, and also a story about how Babs meet Luke for the first time and their romance. I will probably post it in the future after this series ends but I can't promise when hahahaha *awkwardly leaving*

Chapter 39: Chapter 30: Things Too Huge to Fix by Saying Sorry

Notes:

The title of the chapter is also a title of a novel by Susan Vaught. It is such a good read! I really recommend checking it out!!

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

Stephanie’s mom has said that Colin’s injury is not life-threatening, although he needs to be on bed rest for a couple of days so she can observe him. A head injury is always risky.

The physician that treated Prince Jason also said that he only needs to rest to speed up the healing process of his back wound. Tim gives both their gratitude and continues to stroke Colin’s hair.

The boy is sleeping, bandages wrapped around his head. He does not look like he is in pain, but Tim knows from experience that the moment he wakes up he will experience a massive headache. Tim sighs and kisses his forehead.

“How is he?” Mom asks from the doorway.

Tim looks at her without pausing her movement stroking his hair, “He is fine, not life-threatening. A couple of days rest and he should be fine” Mom nods and take a seat beside Colin’s other side.

“I was so scared when I heard he got attacked by a Wayne again” Mom grabs Colin’s hands in hers, “This is twice he had a head injury from them”

Tim hums as she remembers the incident during tea time when Prince Damian smashed a plate on Colin’s head. It does not scar badly and he was not unconscious last time, though it still makes them scared of possible head trauma.

“I do not understand why they keep coming to bother me” Tim confesses, “I stay out of the way like they want to, I leave the Palace like they had asked me to… but why?” Tim brings Colin’s hand to touch her forehead.

“Now he got hurt twice… I never… I do not want him to get hurt Mom, but the only thing happening to him is getting hurt because of me”

“It is not your fault”

“It is! They came here because of me! For some reason, they still have a vendetta against me! What more do they want from me? Is it not enough for them to hurt me? Now they want to hurt someone I love? Why can’t they just leave me the hell alone?” Tim is sobbing.

Mom stays silent even as Tim full-on crying. It hurts to see Colin like this because of the dispute she has with the Waynes. She does not want him to be in the middle of this, to get injured when he is supposed to be happy and grow up to become the knight he is destined to be. 

“It is not your fault Tim and I know that whatever argument I say will not make you believe it but know that Colin will not blame you for this” Mom raises her hand when Tim is about to interrupt, “It is not your fault that the Second Prince decided to breach the agreement and came to Bristol. It is not your fault that he decided to attack Prince Damian without knowing exactly what is happening. It is not your fault that this happens because you can not control the Prince’s decision. I know Colin, he is the kindest eleven-year-old I have ever seen. He sees how Prince Damian is attacked and jumped to his rescue because he knows that it is the right thing to do. To defend your friend”

“He is doing something he knows is right, and the fact that he ended up here does not make it your fault” Mom grabs her free hand and squeezes once, “You always has this need to control everything, to make things go your way. You are trying to do good, I know you are, but sometimes I can see it consumes you so much. Just the slightest bit of error and you spiraled like this.

“You can not control everything Tim, and that is okay. You have done the best you could, and that is all we could ever hope for. You have made sure that Colin is safe and protected here. You made sure that the Waynes know they are not welcome here. The fact that the Second Prince still decided to come and attack the boys will never be your fault because you can not control his decision. And that is okay. Colin will be okay.”

Tim keeps crying as her words wash over her and give her warmth.

Ever since her meddling with fate, she can not help but feel the need to make everything go according to her plan to make sure that no one gets hurt and dies in this timeline. She feared so much for Colin’s life after she heard Prince Damian’s words. She is afraid that this will be her price for changing fate too much, that she has to trade the life she saves with another.

But hearing someone reassuring her that it is okay to not have everything under her control is a relief.

“I don’t know what to do next mom”

Mom squeezes her hand again, “It’s fine, I am here to help. We can figure it out together”


“I am sorry that I did not check on you soon, Third Prince,” Tim says as she enters the Prince’s chamber.

Prince Damian received the least damage from Prince Jason’s attack. He is trained to be able to hold his own against attackers twice his size, so it is not a surprise that he only got a small slash wound on his side.

“Tt, I am fine” he grits out, “This is nothing compared to what I am used to”

“Still, I should have come to check on you since you are our guest”

Prince Damian eyes her from his bed. He is holding a book that one of the servants gave after he tries to get out of his bed for the third time. He seems to get bored easily, so the book is given in the hope to entertain him.

“You are looking after Wilkes,” he says in a matter-of-fact tone. Tim nods sadly, “How is he?”

Tim is surprised to hear the Prince asking for Colin, looks like they have become good friends. “Colin is fine Your Highness. He just woke up this morning and is currently being examined by Physician Brown, that is why I have time to visit you”

The Prince looks at her with an emotion that does not belong on his face. Sadness. Longing. And regret. The Prince blinks a couple of times, then gazes back at his book.

“Do you need anything else, Third Prince? I will be happy to provide anything to make sure you recover quickly”

Prince Damian flinches but hides it with a shrug. He seems uncomfortable so Tim excuses herself with a promise that a maid will serve him lunch.

As Tim is about to leave, Prince Damian says something quietly. Too quiet to be heard but loud enough to not be ignored. Tim turns to ask him to repeat. The Prince stares at her with those emotions playing in his eyes, he speaks quietly as before but more clear.

“My name, you never called me by my name”

“Ah, I believe it would not be appropriate Your Highness”

“You called me ‘Dami’ when I… the day I came to Bristol” he looks at Tim pleadingly.

Tim bristles at that. She does not know what to do or what to say. Isn’t it what the Prince has always wanted? To be called by his title?

The Heiress is about to give a  cold reply when she looks closer at the Prince. He is slightly hunched, fingers tightly gripping the book, eyes darting away then back at her, and the pleading look he gives.

“You are my sister! Not his! Mine! You left me all alone in that Palace! You left me! And now I am alone!”

“I apologize for my rudeness before Your-”

“No!” he closes his book loudly, body shaking as he blinks repeatedly, “I do not-... It is not fair, I…. You called Wilkes by his name but you never call me by mine”

“You are a member of the Royal family, it is proper etiquette. Colin, however, is my brother so it is-”

“But I am your brother!” and he glares at Tim with green eyes that are wet with tears, “It is not fair! I have been nice! I did not attack anyone! But why?” he begins to sob.

“Your Highness-”

“You said that you are my sister! But why?”

Tim awkwardly walks to the bed to grab the book before it falls down and places her hands on Prince Damian’s hand. The Prince immediately grabs it and holds it against his chest like a lifeline.

“Please, I apologize if I ever offend you! I will do anything… I would… please don’t leave me… please… I don’t want to be alone” his sentence broke with the force of his sob, “Fa-Father and Grayson... they left me… they left me like Mother did and they… they hate me!”

“That is not true”

“It is! They hate me because of what happened! They kept avoiding me! They-they blamed me for your leaving the Palace and-and the Law! Please don’t leave me”

Tim’s heart squeezes at his confession. She remembers the rant her Mom gave her about King Bruce’s parenting after she came home from being summoned to the Palace. She talked about how borderline neglectful King Bruce has become to his children.

A part of Tim scoffs at that, agreeing with her Mom. But another part disagrees. She thought that she was the only one receiving bad treatment from King Bruce, that she is the only one who he neglects.

But seeing the trembling form of this young child in front of her, who clings to her hand and holds it tightly, she wonders if, during his stay in the Palace, Prince Damian also got neglected.

He seems to be convinced that he is now hated and blamed. He implies multiple times that he is alone and probably ignored by the others. Maybe there is more to it than what she initially thought. 

She sighs softly and gathers the Prince into her lap, hugging him. The Prince keeps sobbing but he clutches her torso tightly.

“There, there… everything will be okay... we will... we till try, okay?”

“Bu-but! You-you wou-wouldn't call my name!”

“I-”

“You ha-hate me and-and blame me for-for Wilkes’s in-injury and will-and will send me back”

Tim hugs the child tightly before releasing him enough so their eyes can meet, “I do not know what happen at the Palace after I left, but if you do not want to go back there, I will not send you there. You are still welcome here Prince Damian, you will always be”

The Prince’s tears stream down his cheeks making his eyes puffy and red, “Please… please don’t send me back” he tightens his grip on Tim’s dress.

“Okay, I will not. I promise” she kisses the Prince’s forehead and hugs him again.

They stay like that for some time, just hugging while Tim hums a lullaby Grand Duchess Janet likes to sing for her. After the Prince’s sob has died down. Tim starts the conversation she knew she need to have eventually if she is to host the Prince.

“Prince Damian, I need you to understand that I was hurt by you during my stay in the Palace” she feels him flinches, “I was sad that you seemed to hate me so much that I used to cry about it every night. It hurt to see someone who was supposed to be your brother attack you and insult you. So please understand my hesitation in calling you by your name again.

“I have given you a chance to be close to me and you hurt me, and now… I do not know whether I can go back to the way we were before because it is still painful to remember every mean word you have said to me”

“I’m sorry” he whispers against her shoulder.

“Thank you for your apology” Tim whispers against his temple, “Though I need proof of it, okay? I just… I do not think I can… For the longest of time, I thought that you are doing this because you hate me and you see me as a threat. That you are enjoying making my life miserable, but I beginning to think that perhaps, I never try to understand your side of the story and just assumed the worst.

“We were dealt with a shitty parent figure who never tried to help us understand each other and try to find a way to better mediate our arguments” Tim laughs at the astonished look Prince Damian gives her when she uses a bad word, “It is not your fault nor mine that our relationship turned so bad, because we are still children who need guidance”

Tim remembers her conversations with her Mom and smiles.

“Tell you what? Why don’t we give this a chance? This time without someone blaming everything on me and someone who can guide you to be better?”

Prince Damian looks up at her, a serious look on his face. Tim guides him to sit in front of her and tries to hook her pinky finger to his. He looks confused and Tim has to explain how it is a commoner’s way to make promises. Prince Damian looks unsure but still lets Tim do it.

“Let’s try to be better, okay? You promise to show me that you are truly sorry for your past action and try to change, and I... I promise to try to understand you better, to not let your past mistakes cloud my judgment of your future actions, and to guide you to act the way it is expected from someone of your stature ”

Tim shakes their hand a couple of times, waiting for Prince Damian to recite his promise. “I.. I promise I will try to be better and show you that I am willing to repent from my past misconduct”

Tim smiles at the formal wording of the Prince. “Then we have a deal, Your Highness”

Prince Damian gives her a smile, then ducks his head while shyly asking, “Can you call me Dami again?”

Tim swallows and tries to think. Would it be bad to call him by his nickname again? Is it too early?

“I-” Tim hesitates, “I don’t think-”

“It is alright, I have hurt you so in the past, and I understand your hesitance” Prince Damian nods at her, his hand grabs at Tim’s hand again, “Wilkes has told me you value action over words, I guess now I have to follow his advice and regain your trust”

Prince Damian hesitantly opens his arms to give Tim a hug, “Though can I at least get a hug?” Tim grins and hugs the boy once again. Prince Damian sighs in relief, the tension in his body seems to be gone and he rests his head on her shoulder.

They stay like that for a while and only part when a maid knocks on the door. When Tim stands up to open it, a small hand grabs hers. She looks down and sees the Prince’s face tinted red. “Do not tell Wilkes that I cried”

And Tim laughs while hugging him again.


“You told me that you will come after I got my wound cleaned and dressed” is the first thing Prince Jason said to her the moment she step foot into his room.

“I apologize, I have two knights incapacitated, one knight that needs heavy-duty pain killer, and two injured children that need my attention. I should be excused for prioritizing them over someone who infiltrated our Castle and attacked others”

Prince Jason looks chastised, he throws his eyes to the wall beside him.

Tim can see the bandages on his shoulder, no doubt covering his whole back. The physician said he need to stitch the wound close. “How are you feeling Your Highness?”

Prince Jason flinches, “You are mad” when Tim does not answer him, he turns to stare at Tim. His eyes seem to lock on the choker she is forced to use on her neck to cover the scar he gave.

“Stop looking at it”

His eyes look up at hers in shock, “So-sorry, I just… I did not mean for… Fuck, Babybird, I’m sorry… I shouldn’t- I heard you said someone trying to kill you and heard a man’s voice and… I thought Deathstroke was there to kill you”

Tim sighs and enters the room fully. She sits down on the chair beside the Prince’s bed, “Does not justify you suddenly attacking him like that”

“He is an infamous mercenary!”

“A mercenary that I hired!”

“Wha-what?” he sputters, “you hired a mercenary?”

She does not want to explain too much about her life decision to the Prince so she tries to stir the conversation elsewhere, “The physician told me that you will be okay if you rest for another three days. Although, if you wish to recover in the Palace, we can make the necessary arrangements to-”

“You really hate me now, huh?” she closes her mouth to stare at him, “Fuck, Babybird, I’m sor-”

“Do not call me by that name! You do not deserve to call me that after you cut open my throat!” she stands up from her chair, shaking with the anger she felt boiling inside her.

Prince Jason, surprisingly, only nods. He does not explode the way he used to do. He just studies her with an assessing look. At her stun looks, he grunts and looks away. “I… I knew that you would not believe me especially after I attacked Damian… but I actually received help, I tried to control the rage. Leslie and Artemis had helped me for these couple of years.”

“I see,” she says tersely.

The Prince looks at her again, “I am truly sorry, Ba-Lady Drake, for attacking you, that night and in the past. I am truly sorry, I promised Artemis I will try to be better at controlling my anger, but it was always harder when it comes to you. You were-”

He sighs and ducks his head, “I am trying, I give you my word that I am really trying to be better. I know that you will not believe it, especially after I... “he gestures to his neck then hers, “I want us to be siblings again so would you accept my apology, Your Grace?”

“That’s it? Is that is?”

“Huh?”

Tim closes her eyes, counting to ten to calm herself. “You apologize then everything is done for? You apologize and that supposed to what? Erases the things that you have done so far? Is that it? Do you really think it is that simple?”

Prince Jason stays silent as if giving Tim the chance to speak, which infuriates her even more.

“What is wrong with you!? First Prince Damian and now you!!? What, do you think that apology makes everything fine? That it makes everything okay? It does not!”

Deep inside her, she knows that she is being unfair. That not two days ago, Prince Damian does the same and she is ready to forgive him. Ready to try, at least. 

Now, with the Second Prince, she just feels cheated. In the past, she liked to console herself by thinking that the attacks by the Second Prince were her karma for taking his place when he was dead. That she deserves it. She thought that the Prince agreed with her that is why he kept attacking her verbally.

And then when she came back, she convinced herself that is just how he is because of Lazarus. That he will not change, that he can not, and it is better to cut her losses by leaving.

But now he apologize saying that he was trying to change. Where is this version of the Second Prince when she still looked up at him like he hung the moon and the stars?

“Why!? Why now!? Why not when I was still in the Palace?”

“I… After I attacked you I realized that I can not keep harboring this hatred towards you, that I should try to-”

“Why didn’t you realize when you stabbed me in the chest when I was thirteen!?” she shouts over him, “Why didn’t you realize when you beat me up with your training sword!? Why!? Why are you only realizing now!?”

The Red Hood does not have any reply to Tim’s outburst. He stays silent, eyes trained to his hands on his lap.

“Look at me! Look at me you fucker!” he snaps at her with eyes widened, “Do you really think apology fixes everything!? Do you think that by uttering those words your past can be forgotten!? I will never forget what you did to me, Jason Todd! I will never forget it! I admired you! I admired you, you were my Robin but you hurt me! And you kept hurting me! Are you saying that you are capable of change this whole time? That you actually can accept that you are wrong but you never did because you do not want to? All this time, after you began controlling your anger, you still decide to let go of that control and attack me? Do you hate me that much!?”

“No, Tim I-”

“Shut up!” she is crying. She can feel the tears coming down her cheeks, “Shut up! Why? Why only now?” she is sobbing and his voice petters out.

Prince Jason looks conflicted, he tries to reach out to Tim but she flinches away. He draws back his arms, then with eyes gleaming with tears he confesses, “Because I have lost you”

The Prince cries silently, “Because you left me and I realized that I have been a fool to think that you will stay until I fix my own shit. It was easier to pretend that you have forgiven me than to admit that I have been making slow progress. It was easier to pretend that I attacked you because you deserved it than to admit that I still slip up sometimes. It was, fuck Babybird, it was easier to blame you than make myself admit the guilt that has been eating me.”       

“I don’t know if I could ever forgive you… this… fuck, it’s not this simple, it shouldn’t!”

“Yes, it shouldn’t” he takes a deep breath, “I just want you to know how I feel, I lost hope after- damn, I knew I fucked up so much after I slit your throat. Know that I don’t deserve your forgiveness. I just… I just want you to know that I am sorry”

Tim stares at him, sees the genuine feelings behind his words, and feels her chest tightens. The room feels smaller and everything narrows to a point.

“I-” she tries, “I will leave you to rest now, Your Highness”

She walks out of the room, ignoring Prince Jason’s call. She tries to take a breath but can not. Everything hurt. Her chest tightens even more and she gasps. She falls to her knees and sees the wall closing in on her.

Before darkness can take her, she sees the color of the sky.

Notes:

I want to show contrast on the apology from Damian and Jason. From my interpretation of Jason’s story when he still actively tried to kill Tim is that they are no influence of the Pit and Talia actually didn’t try to goad Jason into killing his replacement. If I remember correctly from Lost Days, Talia actually tried to help Jason to manage his anger and sort his feelings but the thing is Jason choose to hate Tim. He chooses to attack him at the tower and paint his name with Tim’s blood. He hates Tim because Tim is a reminder of the broken trust between Jason and Bruce. So, that is why here Jason does the same until he realizes he could’ve lost Tim after he sliced her throat.

If you watched The Good Place, the scene when Eleanor met her mom who has changed and trying to be a better mom to her stepdaughter is the kind of emotion I was going for Tim. Eleanor told Michael that she deserves that kind of mom too but why the stepdaughter gets it is what Tim thinks but it’s more: firstlife!Tim deserves that kind of brother too but why only secondlife!Tim gets it, especially when she accepts that she won’t get it ever.

Chapter 40: Chapter 31: I Stand at the Crossroads

Summary:

Conner hugs her tighter, whispering words of reassurance to her ears.

“If he can control his anger all this time... if he can try to change all this time, why didn’t he?” Tim sobs out, “I have wanted to hear him apologize for years! I have wanted him to say that he will try to change for years! I was waiting for those to happen but they didn’t come! So why does it only come when I don’t want it anymore!?”

Conner does not answer her question. He probably knows that no answer can satisfy Tim at the moment. So he just held her. He held her as she cries.

Notes:

Hey! Sorry for not posting last week but half of my team and I got tested positive for covid. We are all vaccinated and wear masks and follow the health protocol in our country and everything, but we deal with all sorts of people that may or may not have been vaccinated so things like this are bound to happen. It sucks especially since I got my period the very next day I started showing symptoms and it was double the misery. I had a massive headache and nausea that I couldn't stand staring at screens for too long, so I didn't post anything last week. I am getting better now, though! Once again sorry for the late post!

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

Tim woke up with Conner sitting next to her bed. She blinks a couple of times before sitting up. It makes her head spin and she grunts in pain.

“Here, drink this” Conner gives her a glass of water.

She drinks it in three big gulps then hands it back to Conner once it is empty. She asks him where she is and what happened. 

“In your bedroom, I found you fainted in the hallway”

“When did you come to Bristol? I-I am sorry I wasn’t there to-”

Conner puts his hand on her shoulder when he sees Tim begin to panic, “Hey, it’s alright. I may have just barged in the Castle” he says sheepishly, “After you sent me that letter, I took my horse and just rode straight to Bristol. I am sure I made your knight’s hearts stop when I ran inside”

Tim gives a weak chuckle. She still feels awful after having fainted and she feels a blooming bruise on her side. She rubs at it, “I am sorry that you have to see me like that”

“Well, I was worried seeing you fell down like that, but…” he shifts a little on his seat, “considering what happened in the Castle, it is understandable”

Tim nods. “I just… I do not know what to do with them, Conner.”

Conner grabs her hand, “Hey, it is alright, I can help. We will figure it out together”

“I don’t know if I could- if I could ever forgive him… he hurt me the longest, he hurt me the most… I still remembered how he laughed when he stabbed me. I know he apologized but-but I can not just forgive him… I can’t” Tim starts to cry again.

Conner gathers her into his arm and lets her cry into his shoulder. Tim clutches at the lapel of his cloak and cries. 

“It’s okay to not forgive someone who hurt you right away, you need the time to heal”

“But I do forgive Prince Damian! So why? Why is it hard to forgive him?”

“Do you?”

“Huh?”

“Do you forgive him? Prince Damian, I mean” Kon releases her far enough so that he can look her in the eye, “You still call him with his Royal title”

Tim freezes at that “I-I don’t… what?”

And it gets the Heiress to think. Does she truly forgive him? She did say to him that she accepted his apology and that she will make an effort to guide him and improve their relationship. But does that equal forgiveness?

“I am not sure, Kon” she confesses, “I… I do feel that he can have a second chance but..”

“But you still can not forget what he had done that is why you still address him formally.” she nods after pondering for a while, “It is understandable for you to be wary of him, you did get hurt by him. You have a scar on your arm from him. You have been insulted for two years by him. It is okay if you can not fully forgive him yet”

Tim wants to argue that Prince Damian has mocked him for more than two years. She wants to give justifications, reasonings as to how she truly feels. Since it is more than two years, more than just a scar on her arms. He has hurt her more but she does not say it. She does not know how to explain to Kon. That all of this is the product of years of being verbally abused from her past life.

She realizes that it is probably because all the pain she accumulated in the past prevents her from truly forgiving Prince Damian. It prevents her from going back to the way they were before, preventing her from calling him by his nickname.

Her past self wants to feel vindictive.

It is also making it hard to forgive Prince Jason. “All these years, he made me think that I am in the wrong, that I am the interloper… that I have taken his place, and that it is understandable for him to… he was capable of changing all this time, Conner! He is able to realize that what he did was wrong! He could have done it! But why didn’t he? Why?”

It means in her first life, he could have changed. It means that in her first life, he has received help controlling his anger. It means that in her first life, he could have been apologizing just like he did but he chose not to.

He chose to keep insulting her and make her life miserable before he decided to leave her after his rebellion.

Conner hugs her tighter, whispering words of reassurance to her ears.

“If he can control his anger all this time... if he can try to change all this time, why didn’t he?” Tim sobs out, “I have wanted to hear him apologize for years! I have wanted him to say that he will try to change for years! I was waiting for those to happen but they didn’t come! So why does it only come when I don’t want it anymore!?”

Conner does not answer her question. He probably knows that no answer can satisfy Tim at the moment. So he just held her. He held her as she cries.


Kon spent two days in Bristol before he has to go back to Krypton. Although he wanted to stay longer to make sure Tim is okay, his duties as the KronPrinz forced him to return.

They spent those two days together. Most of the time they will be sitting together in Colin’s room, but there were times when they took a stroll to the garden and the lake together. Tim was anxious to leave Colin for too long considering the Second Prince still staying in their Castle to recover.

Conner was understanding of the whole thing. He has a brother Colin’s age, the Second Star of Krypton Jon-El. So he can sympathize with Tim.

The day he left, Prince Damian stood by her side to bid the foreign Prince goodbye. Though in Prince Damian’s case, glared while snarling at him. When Tim softly chided him, he told her that he was fulfilling his promise to Colin but refused to explain what the promise was.

It has been a week since then. The Second Prince while has recovered, is still in the Castle for some unknown reason. He does not try to talk to Tim even though he will smile and nod at her when their path met.

The Wayne Princes do not talk to each other also. They seemed to harbor equal hatred towards each other. This is surprising considering they used to be indifferent to each other.

Not my problem anymore Tim thinks as she sees how Prince Jason glares at Prince Damian who is currently having tea with Tim and Colin. The Second Prince is just walking back to his room from training with the knights.

“Tt, how annoying, when will that Buffon leave?” Prince Damian says after Prince Jason turned a corner.

Colin copies Prince Damian's signature ‘tt’ and glares at the direction of the Second Prince, “Yes, why is he still here? Can’t you just send him back?”

Tim sighs. They have had this exact same conversation too many times already. Ever since the physician declared that the Red Hood is allowed to get out of the bed, both boys have been pressuring Tim to make him leave.

Tim wants to, oh boy does she want to, but she can not.

Each time she comes to him to talk about it, he will have this sad look on his face then excuse himself. It makes Tim absolutely furious each time. So in the end she just ignores him.

How did the saying go again? Out of sight, out of mind.

“You should write to his personal knight, Drake! Order her to come and fetch him!”

“Yeah! We are sick of him! Lady Steph and Jaime agree with us! Do it, Tim!”

“I have written to Lady Artemis, however, she is currently leading a mission with some members of the Outlaws. So we have to wait until she has finished with it”

Both boys groan which makes Tim chuckle. She puts cheesecake on both their plates and tells them to eat it. Prince Damian rolls his eyes and Colin pouts but they still stuff themself with the dessert.

“Excuse me, Your Highness Prince Damian. A letter has come for you,” the Butler places the letter in front of him, “It is from Nanda Parbat”

The Prince immediately snatches the letter, rips it open, and reads it. His expression changes from shock to worry to anger then to a mask of calm indifference that is eerily similar to hers. He folds the letter back and puts it on the envelope.

“Is everything okay? This is twice in a week you receiving the letter” she can not help the concern leaking into her tone. The months of his stay and their last talk have softened her heart for the little Prince.

He hesitates as he glances at the Butler. Tim nods at the Butler then waves him off. The Butler nods in understanding and leaves with the maids in the greenhouse.

When they all leave, Prince Damian confesses, “It is from my Mother”

Tim nods. it is a little bit of a sore spot talking about the Daughter of the Demon Head. She may be the Prince's birth mother but she sometimes treats him like a tool for her political standing. Tim has had several bad encounters with her in her first life, so she tries to not talk about her or think about her as much as possible.

“She has informed me of something that has been happening back at Nanda Parbat,” the Prince cuts up his cheesecake dejectedly, “A secret organization has been attacking Granfather’s operation for quite a while now. They managed to predict every single contract the League makes and foiled it. They even managed to intercept the supply delivery, something that should not be possible considering the routes are a well-kept secret.”

Tim sips her tea slowly.

“She has been in a civil war with my Grandfather for a while. She is trying to take over the throne, but she was failing. She knew she would lose eventually, but then this organization came. She told me just now that whoever they are, is actually helping her faction to win the war. They are currently winning”

“Do your mom have any idea who they are?” Colin asks.

“No, she does not. She said that whoever they are, they must be professionals. Their teamwork is great, they never slip up. It is hard to track them down. They are too good” Prince Damian huffs, “I believe that if they did not deliberately leave notes to their presence, no one will be the wiser.”

Tim smiles as she bites down on her own cheesecake. “They leave notes?” Colin asks again, seeming to be quite engaged in the story.

“Yes, every time they intercept a supply or thwart an operation they will leave a note”

“What does it say?” Colin is on the edge of his seat.

“It says: Red Robin was here”


A week later, Lady Artemis comes to pick Prince Jason. She sent a letter beforehand then comes with a carriage after Tim gives her approval.

Prince Jason surprisingly does not make a fuss. When Tim informed him, he only nodded and left to his room.

When Lady Artemis comes, Tim, Steph, Colin, Prince Damian, and Prince Jason are there to greet her. The plan is to have her, the coachman, and the horses rest for a couple of hours before they head back to the Palace.

They see the carriage approaching. She sees Colin and Prince Damian straightening their pose out of the corner of her eyes. Prince Jason, however, looks disturbed. He is hunching on himself and shifting side to side.

When the carriage stops, so does Tim’s heart.

Inside the carriage are Lady Artemis and the Crown Prince. He is looking outside the window and when the carriage stops he moves to get out. Lady Artemis immediately grabs his shoulder, ignoring his glare, and says something to the Crown Prince.

Tim feels Steph’s hands-on hers when the Crown Prince and Lady Artemis start to argue. Out of the corner of her eyes, she sees Colin and Prince Damian shifting towards her. They move to stand in front of her. She huffs at their antique but does not say anything.

When the argument does not seem to subdue, Prince Jason growls and walks down the steps towards the carriage. He yanks open the door, gets inside, then closes it. The Crown Prince’s eyes widen, then he starts to glare when the Second Prince says something.

“What is he doing here?” Steph hisses out, “The letter only says Lady Artemis and a coachman!”

“I do not know”

“Ugh, it is so typical of the Crown Prince to do whatever the hell he likes!” Steph is frustrated, she keeps taking a half step forward. As if she is ready to attack the Heir to the Crown.

Prince Damian ducks his head after hearing Steph’s comments. Usually, he will be the very first to defend the Crown Prince. Looks like, something did happen while she is gone.

They look up after they hear the door open. Lady Artemis gets out of the carriage while the Princes argue inside. She takes the steps regally, in a way only Amazonians seem to be able to achieve.

“I, Lady Artemis of the Knight Order, greet the Third Prince of Gotham, His Royal Highness Prince Damian Wayne, the Heiress of Bristol, Lady Timoti Drake and her vassal, Sir Colin Wilkes”

Tim and the Third Prince nod to acknowledge the greeting. “Lady Artemis, I remember to give permission to only two people. How come there is a third member of your party? This is the third time the Royal family breach the Third Law of Inheritance”

Lady Artemis sighs deeply, looking annoyed as she glances back at the carriage, “I sincerely apologize, Your Grace, I have warned the Crown Prince to not make any more trouble with Bristol, but his stubbornness knows no bound. He was already inside the carriage before me and any attempt to remove him is futile. Unless I wanted to be trailed for mutiny, I am afraid my hands are tied”

Tim gives her understanding. Thought Steph clearly shows her distaste for the Crown Prince's action.

“Where is his aide? He should have been the one responsible for Grayson” the current Robin chimes in.

“Sir Wally is… incapable to persuade the Crown Prince”

“Tt how useless”

Both him and Colin proceed to glare at the carriage. They can see how both Princes seem close to punching each other.

“This will not do, Lady Artemis, he is a Wayne and as per the agreement, he will be treated as a trespasser” Steph explains, “I hope that you can make sure that the Crown Prince will be leaving without causing us any more trouble. After all, you are the one who brought him here”

Lady Artemis glowers at Steph.

She has the advantage of having more height and muscle than Stephanie. She is stronger than the blonde too. However, she knows not to make an enemy out of Stephanie who is known to be vindictive. So instead of being offended, she just sighs and agrees.

They make an arrangement to have the Palace’s party rest in the farthest guest wing in the Castle. The knight promised to keep an eye on the Crown Prince and the Second Prince. The carriage will leave just afternoon.

With that, Tim ushers Colin and Prince Damian to go inside, ignoring the sound of the door opening and frantic call of her name.


It is true what people say, good things never last. It takes two hours before the Crown Prince successfully corners Tim in the garden.

She is strolling near the lake, after leaving Colin and Prince Damian who keep snickering with poor unsuspecting Jaime. She is walking back to the Castle when the Crown Prince suddenly comes out of the bushes.

She immediately punches him, thinking he was an assassin, then relaxes her pose when she realizes it is him.

“Ah, apology Your Highness. I was not aware it was you” Tim says flatly, “You were supposed to be in the guest room, so it is understandable that I mistake you with a trespasser… ah, wait, you are one”

The Crown Prince stares at her in disbelief from his position on the floor. Tim feels satisfied to see the blooming bruise on his jaw. She bows a little, says her goodbye, and makes a move to leave.

However, the Crown Prince recovers quickly. He grabs her wrist, asking her to wait. Tim yanks her hands out of his grip immediately then punches him on the other jaw again.

This time the Crown Prince is a little bit prepared, so she only manages to clip him a little. “Tt, such a shame. I  must warn you, the third time will not be a miss”

“Wait! Wait! Wait! I am here to talk!”

“I do not want to hear anything from you. Your presence is unwelcome, and unless you want to be put in jail I suggest you run back to the guest wing where you should be”

The Heir pleads with Tim as she makes her way to her office. The whole way he keeps trying to make Tim listen to him, to look at him. Though, he does not attempt to grab Tim again, so small mercies.

“Please, Tim… please, listen to me... I apologize for everything okay? I am wrong at everything, and I apologize for all of it. Please, Tim can you just listen?” he keeps repeating it over and over until they reach the office.

Knights and staff have given her a concerned look but she does not want them to be involved. When Tim tries to open her office door, a hand stops her. “Please, Tim… you listen to Jason, why won’t you listen to me?”

Tim yanks at the door but it does not budge under the strength of the Crown Prince.

“Fine! I am listening” Tim turns to the Crown Prince who lits up at that, “what are you apologizing for?”

That got a confused look from the Crown Prince, “..everything? I have done something wrong and I apologize-”

“Yes, and what is it that you are apologizing for?” when the Crown Prince stays silent Tim continues, “At least when the Second  Prince apologized, he told me what he is apologizing for… so what are you apologizing for?”

“I-I… please Tim, I know I did something wrong-

“And what is it?” Tim spits out.

The Crown Prince gets stunned by the harshness of her tone. He stammers a little bit then continues to utter the word apology. Though it sounds empty in Tim’s ears. “You don’t even know what you are apologizing for. Stop wasting my time” Tim moves to grab the handle again.

“Tim! Wait!” he holds out his hand and stops Tim from closing the door. Tim growls in frustration and just continues her stride to her desk. “Wh-what did I do wrong? Tim, please just tell me? What did I do wrong?”

“If you do not know it yourself then do not bother with apologizing” Tim takes the first document she sees and reads it, “I am busy so please leave my office now”

The Crown Prince becomes frantic. He keeps on uttering apology after apology but never says what it is for.

It becomes more annoying because at this point he seems to apologize for the sake of apologizing. He does not seem to understand his mistakes, and he does not seem to be remorseful unlike Prince Damian and Prince Jason.

Tim continues to ignore him as he silently cries, “I do not understand… you listened to Jason’s apology, you forgave Damian… why are… why can’t you listen to mine? Jason says to apologize but why-”

“Oh, so you are doing this just because the Second Prince asked you to? You do not actually want to huh?”

“Wh-what? No! Of course, I do! I want to apologize to you, Tim! I know I made some mistakes, I know I do something wrong so I want to apologize” he explains weakly.

“But you do not know what exactly you did wrong?” his silence answers it. “Just leave, before I force you to”

“But! Jason says you forgave Damian and.. and you seems to tolerate Jason… so” he sniffs and rubs at his cheeks, “I just want us to be like we used to”

Tim slams her hand on her desk, “What you want is impossible! I do not want to be ‘like we used to’! I hated it! I got hurt every day in the past, now that I left I feel free. So, just” Tim takes a deep breath, “just leave before I got even angrier”

“Tim… please... I am sorry” he whispers

“What are you sorry for?” Tim whispers back.

“I don’t know!” he suddenly shouts, “I don’t know! I don’t understand why are you so angry with me, why you can’t even look at me in the face anymore! I don’t understand! Please Tim, please I’m sorry… I just… I just want us to go back” he starts sobbing.

“We can-we can go back to the Palace Tim… with Jason and Damian! You have forgiven Damian! So it is okay, right? Everything should be okay, right? Please Tim”

Tim just stares at him as he continues sobbing.

“If I say I forgive you, will you stop?” the Crown Prince lit up at that. He wipes down the tears on his face and nods. “Fine, I forgive you, Crown Prince”

“Then-”

“But I will never forget the things you did, the things you made me feel… the awful things, I will never forget it. I don’t think I can” Tim closes her eyes, “I will accept your apology, I will accept the Second Prince’s, hell, I will even accept the King’s if it will make all of you leave me the hell alone but I don’t think I can fully forgive and forget what you have done… it’s not… it’s not something as easy as you may think”

“I don’t understand… you forgave Damian, why can’t-”

“Did I?” she opens her eyes and stare at the Heir of Gotham. “He is easier to be around because he is a child. He is eleven, Your Highness… everything he does, it was because he does not know any better, he was without guidance… it is easier to be around him because he has not fully understand his action.

“You on the other hand are a grown man. Someone who should know better, who should be able to do things differently but you did not… you do not even know what you did wrong. How could I-” Tim swallows down the lump on her throat. “If the word forgiveness is what you are after, if it will placate you, even if you do not deserve it then I will say it: I forgive you. But if you want us to be back to before.. to be siblings, I can not give you that. I do not know if I ever could.”

The Crown Prince continues to cry silently but there is resignment in his eyes. He seems to feel the indifference in Tim’s tone and finally understands that everything is over.

“I will promise to be socially amicable in public should we run into each other, but to be friendly like before… I can not.”

“So, this is it? Do you really hate me now? Are you really not going to go back to the Palace? Are you really done being my sister?”

Tim throws her gaze away. She does not think she is capable of talking anymore. This conversation is emotionally exhausting. She does not think that she can continue without either breaking down crying or exploding in anger.

After the silence stretch for too long, the Crown Prince talks, “Jason says it’s too late… Cass too… I guess I just did not want to accept it because I hoped that…”

Tim hums. 

“So this is really it huh? It’s over… are we… You are going to continue treating me as a stranger”

A knock at the door steals their attention for a bit. Tim allows them to enter while the Crown Prince straightens up to look more presentable. Lady Artemis enters the office. She looks alarmed but relaxes once she sees Tim and the Crown Prince just standing a couple of feet from Tim.

“Apologies, Your Grace, I lost sight of the Crown Prince” she enters the office fully, “I will escort him back to the guest wing”

Tim nods her acknowledgment, still not trusting herself to speak. The Crown Prince takes a couple of minutes to regain his composure. Then he asks Lady Artemis to escort him back.

Right before he is about to close the door, he stops and looks back at Tim. Once Tim brings her eyes to his, he smiles sadly, “Even though I did wrong by you, please know that I do love you. I love you very much, Tim.”

With that, he closes the door and leaves Tim with emotions and hollowness in her chest.

Notes:

Another long note! So the scene with Dick apologizing to Tim is the main scene that I wanted to change after the incident with my toxic ex-friend. I realized that humanity as a whole has somehow agreed that the word ‘I am sorry’ is a fix-it phrase. If someone wronged you and they said that, you immediately have to forgive them. Like, it is an automatic response to give either ‘I forgave you’ or get into another fight. And most of us don’t want to get into another fight. However, you will be surprised that people will just say it for the sake of ending a fight. They didn’t really feel sorry, they didn’t actually realize the mistake they have made, because when you specifically asked them: what are you sorry for? what are you apologizing for? they will fumble with a response and come up blank. That’s when I realized that even with all the years going by the toxic person didn’t realize that what they did was shitty. They didn’t feel bad doing all the things they’ve done, they just want me to not be mad at them and ignore them anymore. I forgot that the act of apologizing does not equal uttering an apology. But we are raised to be placated by the word ‘I am sorry’ without actual remorse from the ones who said it. I guess that was why I got trapped in a toxic relationship for so long in the first place because I thought that is how it should go. They said sorry, I said okay, and we ended our fight. I have grown now, I know better, and I want Tim to be too. So, that is why I rewrite the scene and make it this way.

Chapter 41: Side Chapter: Conner “Kon-El” Kent

Notes:

Finally, a POV from our favorite Himbo<3

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

The Second Princess of Gotham is famous in high society for being a recluse Princess.

Even though she will be seen at parties hosted by Royal families, she is rarely seen interacting with people. The people she would be seen talking to can be counted on one hand; the King of Gotham, Crown Prince of Gotham, the Second Prince of Gotham, and Princess Mia of Queen.

Three of them are her family members.

People have tried to engage her in conversation, especially young noblemen and noblewomen who see this as an opportunity to marry into wealth, however, she will give them just enough to not be rude. She will also deny anyone who gathered enough courage to ask her for a dance. Though it does not deter anyone, she still is popular among members of high society.

Conner knows this, and he scoffs at the Princess’ attitude whenever he sees her at parties. He never understands why people still try. She is beautiful, he must admit, but her cold demeanor and ignorance are not as attractive to Kon as others like to think.

She’s just a pampered bitch he thinks.

So imagine his surprise when he sees her come into Princess Mia’s ball with a young nobleman.

People in attendance start to whisper among themselves. Their whisper becomes louder when the Princess and the young nobleman laugh quietly. They are engaged in a conversation only for their ears to hear and it makes people curious.

Who is that man?

Cassie whistles beside him when she sees that, “Lucky him, I wonder what makes him caught Princess Timoti’s attention” she stares at the two who are talking at two members of the Queen Imperial family.

Conner sends her a glare.

“What? I am curious!” she smirks at him, “I know you are too! Everyone is”

“Well, I guess…”

Cassie nods as she drinks her champagne, “Man, I actually wished that I could dance with her tonight. I heard a rumor that she is in the market for a suitor, I thought that I could try my shot with her”

“Seriously? We just broke up and you are already eyeing another person?”

Cassie shrugs, “We may just recently break up but let’s not kid ourselves, the feeling has long faded and we are better as friends anyway. Besides,” she stares back at the Second Princess. She is currently in the middle of what looked like an argument between the Crown Prince of Queen and of Gotham. “You know that I always thought she was hot… That is why you act like an asshole to her whenever I have the chance to flirt- I mean talk to her. You were jealous of her”

“Ugh, I am not! I just don’t understand why someone will find her attractive!” Conner whispers-shouts at Cassie.

The blond just raises her eyebrow, “Sure, you don’t… it’s not like we have the exact same type. I know you like to stare at her bare neck when she has her hair up!” Cassie punches him in the arm. It hurts so much but he hides his grimace so that she will not get too cocky about it.

“I don’t know what you are talking about”

“Suuureee, let's pretend you do not have a neck fetish”

“I don’t” he protests weakly.

Cassie snickers at his face, “Sure Kon-El” she keeps snickering while they watch the Second Princess dance with Prince Hawke. Then laughs when she hears Conner gulps at the flash of naked skin of the Princess’ neck, “pervert” she whispers against the rim of her glass without any malice. 

“Man, I hope I get to dance with her after this”

Kon does not hear anything else Cassie says when for a brief moment he feels grey-blue eyes staring straight at him.


The Second- no, Lady Drake turns around and exposes her bare neck to the Crown Prince of Queen.

Kon stares at it and sees how the hands of the Crown Prince contrasted with her pale skin. He sees how his hand brushes against it delicately while trying to clasp the ruby necklace. He sees how the pale skin turns bright red at the touch then disappears under black hair.

Kon angrily empties his champagne.

He tries to ignore the heavy sensation in his chest and to move out of the ballroom. But then his feet lead him to the Lady. He stands as he waits for his turn to greet her.

He glares at the Crown Prince of Queen then marches to the Lady so he can get this over with and return to his guest room. They exchange some pleasantries. Then her vassal leaves for the bathroom and something that he thought he would never see happen.

The Lady’s eyes shine with fierce protectiveness as she defends her little brother. There is a little bit of anger in her eyes and her stance is tense as if ready for a fight.

For the longest time, Kon thought that she was a meek Princess. Always seems to easily apologize and never dares to cause a scene. However, the one standing in front of her is not that Princess.

It seems that she becomes a different person the moment she takes the title of Heiress of Drake Grand Duchy. It seems as if she finally grows into the Drake name. Kon is afraid to offend her more but his curiosity ends up making his request for her first dance.

He does not get the first dance (screw you Hawke!), but he still feels as if their dance is as special.


“Okay, can you please stop pacing My Star? You are giving me a headache” his personal knight and his maternal aunt, Lena says from her seat.

“I am nervous Lena! What if she says no? What if she rejects me?” he keeps his pacing even after Lena starts to groan loudly.

“I think you will be fine, Kon-El! Lady Drake is a nice person, if she does not reciprocate your feelings she will do so gently” Kara chimes in from beside Lena.

Kon stops on his track and zeroes in on her, “Oh no, you think she will reject me?”

“Oh, Rao!” Lena grits out, she stands up and starts ushering Kon out of their room“What my wife meant to say is that you will be fine because the Lady is clearly besotted with you! As much as you are with her. Now, move along! I have a date with Kara today, and we still need to get ready! Spring Festival only comes once a year and I really want to try their infamous chili, so leave! Go on!”

Kon pouts as the two close the door. Giggles can be heard and not long after the sound of something crashing and a ‘thump’. Kon bolts right out after he faintly hears a moan.

He starts walking in the direction in which Tim and he will meet.

He does not have to wait for too long as he sees the Lady walking towards him. He waves awkwardly at her and gets a blinding smile in return. “Conner! Hey, how are you? It’s been so long”

Conner laughs a little, “It’s only been three weeks, no? But yeah, I do miss you as well” Conner offers her his hands, “Walk with me?”

Tim eagerly links her arms with his and they begin to walk. They stroll around Princess Mia’s private garden. Conner has to beg her to give him permission to go there. Princess Dearden was not amused, as she had wanted her own brother to marry Tim. However, after begging for hours and too many promises of bribery, she relented.

(Conner is still not sure that she will not do anything to sabotage him, though. So he will remain vigilant of his surroundings.)

They stroll around for thirty minutes, looking at the flowers. They stop a couple of times while Tim examines the flower and explains to Conner the name and their origin.

Conner listens patiently, though he can feel his heart beating too hard, too fast.

When they arrived at a gazebo, Conner leads her inside and they sit down to rest. Conner takes a couple of deep breaths then clears his throat to gain the Lady’s attention.

“Tim, I told you in my letters that I have something I wish to say to you”

Hearing this, Tim straightens up in her seat with a serious expression on her face. She softly encourages Kon to continue, so he does, “I know that we only met in person for a handful of time, however, we have maintained  a steady correspondence that I like to believe we are close friends”

“Of course, we are friends, Conner”

Conner nods then reach out to cup Tim’s hand in his, “I cherish the friendship we have, Tim. Although, with time I harbor this deep feeling for you and I wish for you to know”

Tim gasp silently. Her hand twists in his and she intertwines their fingers together. “What are you trying to say Conner?” her tone is… weird. A little chokes up but is still filled with hope. Her eyes shine with emotions that Conner can not describe one by one.

“I wish to enter a dating relationship with you, Tim. A serious one, with the intention of one day asking your hand for marriage. I… I think I fell in love with you. You are the kindest person I have ever met. You are fierce and protective but I see how soft you are around the people you love. I see how cold and calculating you are but I also see how warm you can be, especially with Colin and the Third Prince. You are smart and charming. You love your people so deeply, your family, your staff. You protect them and you make them happy. The more I know you, the more I see you, the more I fell in love with you. And Tim, I can not imagine my life without you.”

“Oh, Conner…”

“Tim, would you give me the honor of dating you?”

Tim is silently crying. Her eyes reflect pain for a couple of seconds them she launches herself at him and frantically chants ‘yes, yes, Conner, yes I do’. Conner holds her tightly in his arms and sighs in relief.

He chuckles a little when Tim softly apologizes for ruining his shirt with her tears but she does not let go. So Conner just holds her even tighter.

“Ew, are they going to kiss? That’s gross”

“Tt, I never would have thought that they will be this disgusting”

At the sound of two young boys behind them, Conner and Tim release each other. They turn and see Colin and Prince Damian from behind a bush. “Colin! Prince Damian!” Tim’s entire face becomes red, and Conner gets a little bit distracted by how beautiful the color is on her neck, especially with the crimson red choker she is wearing.

“What are you doing here? I thought you two are going with Steph to the festival”

Colin shrugs, “Princess Mia says to come here”

See? She is trying to sabotage me!

“I regret agreeing to it now,” Prince Damian glares at him, “I would not be exposed to this disgusting display of affection otherwise.”

“Oh, yeah it is gross” then Colin fell down to his knees and with his voice going deeper he says, “Oh Tim, I fell in love with you! I can not live without you!”

Now it is Conner’s turn to turn bright red at the ridiculous gestures and mocking tone the redhead boy display. He is clearly imitating Kon. Prince Damian pretends to swoon and with a perfect imitation of Tim’s voice says “Oh, Conner! What are you trying to say?”

Colin keeps his voice deep as he replies, “Tim, would you give me the honor of dating you?” then Prince Damian squeals while chanting, “Yes, yes, Conner! I would date you!”

“Oh. My. God! Stop it! You two, just stop!” Tim blushes even harder, “Stop being embarrassing!”

“Oh that’s rich coming from you Drake” Prince Damian’s voice is back to normal, “Between the three of us, you are the one acting embarrassing” he snickers.

“Yeah! You are the one with the kissy face and the inappropriate touches, not us!” Colin gets out between giggles.

“Oh, how scandalous Sir Wilkes! Alone without a chaperone? These young nobles, I swear!” the Third Prince says with mock haughtiness.

“Oh, I’ll say Sir Wayne! For shame! What has become of our young generation, I wonder? For shame!”

“For shame!”

Tim and Conner both groan as the boys laugh even harder, “Okay, run along now! Go bother Jaime and Bart. They think you will be behaving yourself since this is not Bristol”

Prince Damian tuts, “That will not do. Come, Wilkes, let us show those two morons why they should never let their guard down!”

“Okay! I will bring the feather!”

With that they both walk out of the bush they were hiding and towards the exit.

“..feather?”

“Do not ask” Tim interrupt, “I told you they are planning something. I still do not know what it is, but I do know that they are targeting Jaime and Bart since they are the easier target to prank”

Conner laughs as he remembers the last prank Tim told him about, “At least that went well” at Tim confused hum he elaborates, “With how they glared at me the last time I visited, I would have thought that they will cut my head off the moment they see us hugging”

Tim huffs, “They will not. They are pretty well behaved aside from the occasional small pranks. They will not do something as extreme as that” she smiles up at Conner then give him another hug.

Conner beams as he feels her arms tighten on his waist.

He is feeling bliss when a glint of something caught his eyes. He looks up in the direction where the boys left and sees the two standing in the path between two rose bushes. Both of them are glaring at him.

When they see him looking at them, both of them threateningly show him the weapon in their hand. Colin is holding his sword and makes a motion of stabbing while the Third Prince is holding a dagger and making a motion of slicing against his neck.

Kon gulps, Pretty well behaved, yeah right.

Notes:

Did I purposely write the scene with the Queens and the necklace so I can write Kon’s fascination with Tim’s neck? Yes.

I always love stories about Damian being a child and actually behaving like a child. I love it more when there is Colin. And the dynamic between Damian and Colin is always fun, especially in Lil’ Gotham, so I write them down as these mischievous children who like pranks and embarrassing their older siblings as it is the prerogative of younger siblings.

Chapter 42: Chapter 32: Veni, Vidi, Vici

Summary:

Many debutants and debutantes are busy brushing up their etiquette, taking care of their health, and preparing for the outfit they will wear on their big day.

All except one.

Notes:

I was almost unable to post because there was an emergency at work, but I did it! Here are another two new chapters guys! Enjoy <3

Chapter Text

Bristol is normally a little bit colder than the rest of Gotham but whenever the summer comes, it still manages to make the land hotter.

With the summer coming, so does the new social season of Gotham. Young noble children are officially introduced to society and they are deemed ready to interact with other members of high society. The highlight of this year’s debut is none other than the Third Prince of Gotham who will be twelve this year.

The Palace’s staff has been busy for months preparing this special event that will kick start the debut party of young debutants and debutantes of Gotham.

They are excited to be able to finally join the glamourous life of nobles and make connections with other families. Many debutants and debutantes are busy brushing up their etiquette, taking care of their health, and preparing for the outfit they will wear on their big day.

All except one.

“Damian wrote for me again,” Colin says when they are having their afternoon tea, “He is currently mad with a man named Anthony who, and I quote, ‘is a waste of space and oxygen and if he does not stop, so help me God I will commit homicide’. He told me his plan for it. It is extremely detailed and unsurprisingly gory”

Steph chokes on her tea as she silently laughs. Jaime looks horrified at the news. Tim only shakes her head at the Third Prince's antics.

Two weeks leading to his debut party, Alfred came to take him back to the Palace so he can brush up his etiquette and be present for the final preparation of his own party.

Prince Damian, of course, makes a fuss about going back. He goes as far as tying himself to a tree with Colin’s help. He complained of how unfair it was that Colin does not have a debut party which Tim answered with ‘he is a vassal, he does not need one, Your Highness’.

Though at the end he followed Alfred to the carriage and left for the Palace. Not before he made Tim and Colin promise to go to his party and threatened to be at his worst behavior.

“I do not understand the need for this useless party! Everyone has known who I am, no need for me to be ‘introduced’ to society!”

“If you do not get inside this carriage right now Your Highness, I will be forced to do the extreme”

“...very well, Pennyworth, but know that I will not make it easy for you nor the staff”

“Oh, God! He really does make it hard for them!” Steph wipes the corner of her eyes, “Oh, poor Alfred”

“Who is Anthony anyway? What could he possibly do to receive such wrath from the Prince?” Jaime stirs his tea while deep in thought.

“Oh, Sir Anthony is the guy who is in charge of all the Royal children’s debut party. He was responsible for mine” Tim places a scone to her plate and reaches for the jam, “He is a little bit insufferable so I understand the Prince’s anger”

“Yes!! He was the worst! Ugh, I am getting flashbacks” Steph shudders at the remembrance of Tim’s debut preparation. “I hope the Prince makes him cry, at least. That will be sweet, sweet revenge”

“He made you cry?” Colin asks in disbelief since, in his mind, and Tim's, Steph is the strongest out of all of them.

“Oh, no he made Tim cry” Steph’s eyes darken a bit, as a mischievous smile blooms on her face“You know what Colin, you should tell the Prince about our past experience with him. Make sure you highlight how he made My Lady cry in her sleep the days leading to the party”

There is a terrifying smirk on Colin’s face before he gives his agreement.

“Oh poor Anthony, may his soul rest in peace” Jaime mutters between him biting his sandwich.


The debut party is grand. As expected from a Wayne debut party.

Tim comes to the Capital with Steph, Colin, and Jaime. She refuses the offer to stay with the Waynes even though they were invited by the Third Prince officially. She accepts the offer to stay at Allen estate instead. Conner comes two days before the ball to become Tim’s escort as they have agreed in their letter. Bart side-eyed Conner the entire dinner they discussed it. Bless Jaime, who shyly asks for Bart to become his escort, since Bart’s attention changes from Conner to him.

When she arrives with Conner and the others, everyone’s eyes seem to budge out of their skull.

It is understandable that they are all shocked considering all the things that have happened between her and the Royal family. She actually does not want to come. She wants to avoid as many social events with the Waynes as possible. However, she has promised Colin who has promised Prince Damian that they will come.

And the Drakes never broke their promise.

“Wilkes you are late!” Prince Damian walks towards them the minute they arrive at the ballroom.

“We are not late, Dami” Colin rolls his eyes, “We arrive at the expected time” some people gasp at the casualness Colin displays in the face of the Third Prince of Gotham who is notorious for having a superiority complex. A display of rudeness like that surely will get the young vassal into trouble.

However, the Third Prince only rolls his eyes back and greets the others formally. “I see that Lady Dana still refuses to be in the same vicinity with the King”

Steph snorts, “I think for the sake of your debut party’s success, it is best if she does not come”

Jaime and Tim grimace remembering the colorful words she says about the King. Prince Damian tuts in irritation, then point at Steph accusingly, “Then it is the more reason for her to be here!”

“You are really pissed with this huh?” Colin muses.

Prince Damian does not answer but his expression shows enough of how he feels about this whole event.

A nobleman comes closer to them with his daughter who looks to be a new debutante. They greet the Prince, KronPrinz Conner, Tim, and Colin. When neither of them acknowledges them more than a nod, they awkwardly leave.

“Ugh, simpleton”

“Wow, they are fast. The party has not begun but they are already people who try to make a connection with you” Tim stares down at him in awe.

“It has been like that all evening! That is why I asked you specifically in my last letter to come on time Wilkes!”

Colin snickers, “Aww, Dami! You should have just said you want me to protect you from those vultures!”

“I do not need your protection!” Prince Damian blushes in embarrassment.

“Sure you don’t!” 

Both boys then begin to argue lightly while Prince Damian stirs them in the direction of his private balcony. “Remember to come back before the party starts, boys!” Tim calls after them, “Colin make sure the Prince is here before Alfred starts a manhunt!”

Prince Damian glares at her while Colin gives her the cheekiest grin and a thumbs up.

It is just Tim, Conner, Bart, Steph, and Jaime for a while, nodding at people’s greetings and having some conversation with familiar faces. At one point, Jaime wanders with Bart and Steph accompanies Ishim to where the boys are. Conner still stands by Tim’s side but eventually leaves when he spots Atlantean delegates to greet them.

Tim is engaged in a conversation with Baroness Maleate when he comes.

“Greetings Lady Drake, may I have your time?” the voice still as slimy as Tim remembers and her Mother's teaching is the only reason she does not flinch when she hears him.

Both Tim and Lady Maleate stop and looks at the man interrupting them. It is clear that the Baroness recognizes him and tries to subtly leave with Tim, however, Tim just reassures her and leaves with the man to a balcony.

“I must say, I was surprised to find you here,” Tims says as soon as they sit down. She tries so hard to not show the panic in her face. She looks up behind the man and sees Zeddmore standing and alive. It reassures her a little bit. “I thought that you are currently busy, Lord Ra’s?”

“Oh, Lady Drake” he gives her a condescending smile. Always condescending. Like he is currently indulging a talk with a baby. “It is important to always support your family. Showing them that you will always be there for them, something you may not be well versed in considering you abandoned yours.”

Tim hums, “I wonder who abandons who first”

Ra’s gives her an assessing look. Tim stares at him blankly. Out of the corner of her eyes, she can see a glint of Slade’s sword which makes her feel safer. A couple of seconds later she sees Z notices it and angles his body to cover Ra’s.

Tim subtly raises her hand to give a signal for Slade to hold.

During the whole thing, Ra’s is busy with his tea. Either trusting his bodyguard to protect him or underestimating Tim’s. Most likely the latter.

“Now that we are done with the hostility, shall we talk business?”

“Bristol has no interest with forming a relationship of any kind with Nanda Parbat”

Ra’s hums then sip his tea. He takes his time to enjoy the no doubt high-quality blend. He is always like this. Taking his time to make his opponent lose patience and becomes agitated. It makes them easier to fool.

However, Tim has known this trick. He taught Tim this trick, so she in turn just stares at the sky above his head without losing focus on her surrounding. She subtly applies the breathing technique she learns from Steph's mother after she passed out in the hallway because of her confrontation with Prince Jason.

They stay silent for around ten minutes. The bustling of the party gets louder as more people start to arrive. Soon the party will be officially started by the King and the Third Prince dances for the first time this season.

Z starts to shift slightly, clearly not comfortable with the silence.

After another five minutes of Tim not budging, Ra’s chuckles lightly and places his cup back to its place. “I see, you are as formidable as your Mother rumored to be. The Drakes are one of a kind”

Tim continues to stare blankly at him, ignoring the uneasy feeling that comes when his gaze starts to wander around her body. “I am here to give you an offer”

He becomes serious but still, there is an air of superiority around him that makes him seem to be underestimating Tim. Good let him

“You see, Lady Drake, I am currently busy with… ah, let’s just say a little trouble back home” he leans back on his chair, giving an air of casualness as if a coup is just a minor problem. “I realized that I need some help… of course who better to help than family? My grandson is the rightful heir to one of the most powerful Kingdoms on this continent, his help will surely mean a lot to deal with a small... pest problem I have”

“However, you see Lady Drake, Damian’s father is someone without a strong ambition. He seems to settle for Gotham when he can achieve more. Though unfortunate I come to respect his decision to not meddle with other Kingdom’s affairs”

Tim gives him a hum.

“So even though I can convince Damian to help, what use of a mere boy without the support of his father?” Ra’s laughs lightly as if he is telling a joke. Z looks even more uncomfortable when Tim does not show any response.

“Lucky for me, there is a rumor that the Third Prince has garnered the affection of the great Heiress of Bristol. Your feat of defeating the army infiltrating your area and capturing the corrupt noble was amazing, I must say. It made me think, what if I offer her a deal? She helps me with my small problem and I reward her handsomely”

Tim smile indulgently, mocking him when he says reward, “You seem to delude yourself into thinking that you can pay for my service. I know for a fact that you currently struggling financially, what are you going to pay me with? Coral rocks? I know you just have a dozen crates shipped to your place”

His face morphs from calm indifference to shock to amusement. “I see, the rumors are true. You do have a great informant in your employment. I guess that is to be expected when you contracted an infamous mercenary”

Tim laughs at his accusatory tone, “No, it is not him. Let’s just say I have… an inside knowledge of things happening in Nanda Parbat” 

Ra’s face morphs into anger. However, before he can do anything else, the sound of the footman announcing the arrival of the King can be heard from inside the ballroom. Tim stands up and gives him an expression that conveys ‘aw,  too bad it ends here’ and walks to the door.

Before she fully leaves, she calls out from her shoulder, “Ah, before I forgot. Red Robin sends her regards” she smirks and winks at Z then leaves with the sweet sound of cursing and glass breaking behind her.


Hear ye, hear ye

The Sun of Krypton, Kaiser Kal-El, 

and the Moon of Krypton, Kaiserin Lois Lane 

are happy to announce the engagement of 

the First Star of Krypton, KronPrinz Kon-El 

and the Heiress of Bristol, Lady Timoti Drake

The Subjects of Krypton are expected to attend

the congratulatory parade hosted by

the House of El

May Rao blesses this union.


The Drake Grand Duchy would like to inform

Bristol citizens of the upcoming union

of our Lady, Timoti Jeanette Drake

and the First Star of Krypton, KronPrinz Kon-El

A banquet will be held to celebrate this happy occasion

Mandatory attendance for all noble families 

who are part of the Drake Court

A week-long festival for our Bristol citizens will be held

to commemorate this wonderful event

May God blesses this union.


A Match made from the Stars:

Heiress of Bristol and KronPrinz of Krypton

Lady Vale

Chapter 43: Chapter 33: Like the Rain on a Sunny Day

Summary:

Alfred’s shoulder seems to deflate before he straightens up like the nanosecond slip never happened. “The King is waiting in the greenhouse near the lake, My Lady, shall I escort there?” The Butler offers his hand to Tim’s direction.

Tim stares at it, longing to grab it and feel the warmth coming from the old man. He was like a grandfather to Tim, many years ago. The closest thing to a grandfather that’s it. He never did anything bad to Tim, he was always so patient with her. Tim used to think that it was fine that he did not want to say anything since a Butler should never contradict their Master. Now, Tim thinks how cruel it was for a grandfather to not say anything to help her granddaughter.

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

“Are you going to use it now, little missy?”

“Yes, I am”


Dear Lady Drake,

I hope this letter finds you in good health. I, the King of Gotham, offer you my sincere congratulation for your engagement to the First Star of Krypton, Kon-El. May God bless your union.

I know things are not the same between us but I would like to invite you over for tea to give this congratulation in person. This is by no means an order, if the Lady declines I will simply send gifts to show you my sincerity. Although, I am hoping for the Lady to accept as I have missed you so.

Sincerely,

Bruce


Dear Pretty Bird,

I hope this letter finds you in good health. The situation here in Krypton has taken a sudden turn. The enemy forces have successfully infiltrated our eastern border. Lady Lana and Erzherzogin Zor-El have requested reinforcement. My team and I will be heading to the eastern border at the time this letter arrives at your desk. There is not a day when I did not long to meet you again. The last time we met, the day you accepted my proposal, it fueled me during this long war. The hope that I will come home and marry the love of my life has made my time here bearable.

I still miss you, though, my Pretty Bird. Tonight I will look for the First Star of Krypton and know that you will do the same.

Love,

Kon


Tim sighs one more time before getting out of the carriage. Sir Bernard is already there, helping Tim out from the carriage. Tim gives him a smile while awkwardly looping her arms on his.

The knight is still Tim’s personal knight despite his confession. Steph has told her to change personal knight after knowing the young man has confessed to her, however, Luke disagrees. It is hard to find a capable knight that is worthy of the position. And since Tim is new in Bristol, finding a knight as loyal as Sir Bernard is difficult.

After the battle with Mobius, after knowing that Sir Bernard is fine albeit wounded in battle, Tim sought him out to try to… talk about the confession. However, Sir Bernard pretended the whole thing never happened in the first place and kept on serving as Tim's personal knight.

After a while, they fall back into their old dynamic and Tim feels comfortable being with him. Sir Bernard is one of her best friends after all.

Then Kon proposed to her. Then the announcement of their engagement is plaster all over Bristol. Then Tim can not even look him in the eyes anymore for some reason.

She feels like she has betrayed Sir Bernard somehow.

Tim knows that she is too stiff and awkward. Her hands keep on twitching because she does not know if it is still alright for her to hold his arm.

“Apology, my Lady” Sir Bernard’s voice makes Tim jump, “I have taken the liberty of selecting my replacement. I believe Lady Laura is suitable for the position of your personal knight. She is a capable knight with- my lady?”

Tim does not realize that she has stopped in her tracks. She looks up at Sir Bernard in shock.

“My Lady? I-”

“You want to quit being my personal knight?” Tim blurts out. “Why? Is it because of-” Tim trails off.

Tim does not need to repeat her question because the young knight understands what she is trying to ask. He smiles sadly at her before grabbing her hand and kissing her knuckles.

“I never wish for you to be uncomfortable with my confession, Your Grace. I did not dare to think I will survive the battle, that was why I confessed. I did not want to live with regret” he blinks a couple of times before continuing, “It is selfish of me to still hold my position after I have dared to confess my feelings to you. I should have resigned the moment I recover because as a knight, I should not let my personal feelings interfere. However, I am selfish and I want to be close to you as long as possible.

“I tried to pretend nothing has happened so that we can go back to the way we used to. Perhaps that is too much for me to ask”

“Sir Bernard…”

“I know that you are now engaged with the KronPrinz, and it is uncomfortable to be with me knowing how I feel for you”

“I am sorry, Sir Bernard, I… I did not mean for things to be awkward but…”

“It is quite alright, Your Grace” Sir Bernard loops her hand on his arm again and continues their walk. “I will officially resign from this post next week, however, I will still be here for you should you need me, My Lady” his tone is final and he straightens up signaling the end of the conversation.

Tim squeezes his arm, “Thank you, for your services Sir Bernard” from her peripheral she sees the young man smiles.

“I, Sir Alfred Pennyworth, greets the Heiress of Bristol, Lady Timoti Drake” surprisingly there is a slight pause on her title, not long enough for others to notice but long enough for someone who has been greeted by Alfred for years.

Tim nods at his greeting but does not say anything in return.

Alfred’s shoulder seems to deflate before he straightens up like the nanosecond slip never happened. “The King is waiting in the greenhouse near the lake, My Lady, shall I escort there?” The Butler offers his hand to Tim’s direction.

Tim stares at it, longing to grab it and feel the warmth coming from the old man. He was like a grandfather to Tim, many years ago. The closest thing to a grandfather that’s it. He never did anything bad to Tim, he was always so patient with her. Even though Tim knew that caring for another child right after Prince Jason’s death was difficult for him, the Butler did his best to take care of Tim.

However, being away from the Waynes, living with her mom, Steph, and Colin makes her think about his silence as everyone accused her of being crazy. She thinks about the night he refused to say anything to the Crown Prince when he suggested sending Tim to Arkham. 

Tim used to think that it was fine that he did not want to say anything since a Butler should never contradict their Master. Now, Tim thinks how cruel it was for a grandfather to not say anything to help her granddaughter.

More than anything, at that time, she needed someone who was willing to listen to her, to believe her. No one did. Not even Alfred.

“Please lead the way, Alfred,” Tim says instead.

There is a shine on his eyes that Tim does not want to interpret. He nods and turns to lead the way to the greenhouse near the lake. It was Tim’s favorite place in the whole Palace and she feels a little bit manipulated. Deliberately choosing a place of sentimental value to Tim… the King seems to want to please Tim.

Tim is not sure how to feel about it.

As she enters the greenhouse, she sees the King standing up from his seat and moves as if he wants to reach out to Tim. However, he stops mid-motion. He clears his throat and instead gives a little nod. Tim and Sir Bernard greet him formally making the King winces but then his whole posture seems to resign.

Tim takes a seat after the Butler pointedly puts his hands on her chair. Tim lets the old man helps her with her seat.

The King sits down right after Tim is comfortable in hers. The maids and servants immediately serve tea and desserts. 

“Tim... Ah, I mean Lady Drake” the King clears his throat, “Congratulation for your engagement… I am, um, I am happy to hear… um, KronPrinz Kon-El, he is a good match for you” the King’s face is unreadable.

As the one who takes over the title ‘The Bat’, the man has perfected his mask to hide all the emotion that will be used as leverage by Nobles to manipulate the Crown. It makes him look cold. Tim used to hate that face since it makes her feel unloved. 

Tim can count the number of times that the King smiled at her. She knows that she came to live with him at the time of his life when grief is the only thing he feels. She knows not to hope for him to treat her warmly after just losing his son.

However, even when the said son came back and lived in the Palace again, the man would not smile at Tim.

Tim used to hate it when he is cold like that, now she feels indifferent as she put on her own cold mask.

“Thank you, Your Majesty” Tim takes a sip of her tea. Green tea Tim thinks.

“Um, may I ask how you get to be close acquaintances with the KronPrinz? I thought that you, ah, you used to hate him”

“Such bold assumption, Your Majesty.” Tim glares at the man as she slams the tea back to its saucer.

The King’s eyes widen, and he splutters trying to salvage the conversation, “Ah, no! Tim, I am not trying to… I think I remembered hearing you talked to your Lady-in-waiting about how he is- how he has bad personality”

“Hate is such a strong word” Tim begins “Talking about a bad first impression does not necessarily equal hate, Your Majesty”

The King agrees readily. He tries to continue talking but at the sound of Alfred clearing his throat, he closes his mouth and instead talks about the dessert at the table instead. He tells Tim about the cakes that are specially baked just for her. He tells her how he specifically ordered the kitchen staff to baked Tim’s favorite.

“I know you like strawberry cake so much, that is why I asked the chef to baked one just for you,” he says sheepishly as he places a plate with a slice of said cake.

Tim eyes the cake but does not try it. She hums as the King makes a confused noise. “It is such a lovely cake,” she says and sees how the King visibly sigh in relief, “However, I was never particularly fond of the cake”

The King gapes, “Wh-what? But you always told me how you like strawberry cake”

“No, you were thinking of the First Princess,” Tim says slowly, “She is the one who fancies strawberry cake. You asked the cake to be made every time she is back in Gotham”

“Wh-what? No… no, that can’t be right” the King looks distressed for a couple of minutes before he moves on to the plate with Shepherd’s pie. “Here, you like Shepherd’s pie right? I remember we ate it whenever we have tea toge-”

“Shepherd’s pie is Prince Jason’s favorite, Your Majesty” Tim informs him as she sips her tea.

The King looks confused as he insists that he knows Tim’s favorite, that everything on the table is Tim’s favorite. Tim glances at the assortment of desserts that are the favorites of all the Waynes siblings. None of them are chocolate cake, her actual favorite.

“You said that you ordered the kitchen to serve my favorite? This is all the Waynes siblings' favorite. The Crown Prince’s favorite scones with blueberry jam, the First Princess’ favorite strawberry cake, the Second Prince’s favorite Shepherd’s pie, and the Third Prince’s favorite green tea” Tim gestures to each item, “None of them are my favorite.”

“No, that can’t be right” the King sounds frustrated, “I remember that these are the desserts and tea we had together”

Tim tilts her head to the side a little, “Perhaps so, but I was so fed up of you forgetting that these are not my favorite that eventually I just stop telling you and just eat them.”

“What? I will never forget my own daughter's favorite” he insists “I know all about what you like and what you do not like”

“What is my favorite color then, Your Majesty?”

“Red” he answers it with full conviction that Tim almost feels sorry to ruin his confidence. Almost.

Tim turns to Sir Bernard and asks the same question. The knight seems conflicted, he glances at the King for a couple of seconds then at Tim before answering. “Your favorite color is blue, Your Grace”. Blue, like the sky. Like the sea.

The King starts to protest before Tim cuts him by confirming that yes, blue is her favorite color. “But… you wore red a lot… I remember ordering a special fabric in red for your fifteenth birthday.

“If you really know me, My King, then you will know why I wore red instead of blue” she gives him a strained smile, “But I guess I was never really your priority”

The King seems to want to argue but a glance at Alfred makes him close his mouth. He looks so taken aback that his whole demeanor changes. He slouches back in his seat and he looks pale. He runs his finger through his hair.

“Anyway, I am here since in your letter you implied that you are willing to give me congratulatory gifts for my engagement. Are the offer still stands?”

“Yes, of course, it is Lady Drake. Whatever you want I will give it to you. I… I still have your dowry when you were… when you were still the Second Princess. I can give all of them to you instead as your engagement gifts”

Tim hums, “Tempting but no… I would like a favor from you instead”

The King looks alarmed but then glances back at Alfred. Whatever silent conversation they just had made him relax slightly. He nods at Tim and allows her to elaborate.

“As you know Krypton is currently being invaded by a foreign force. The odds are not in their favor currently, even with the help from Themyscira. What I would like for my engagement gifts is for Gotham to send their best knights to help with the battle and for Gotham to be open to negotiation of a permanent allyship with Krypton”

“What you are asking is a lot” the King frowns.

“You said you will give me anything”

“Yes, however, this is not something as easy as getting the rarest jewelry or the prettiest dress. This is a more complicated matter. I probably can spare some of our knights and send them as help for this current battle Krypton is facing, however, a partnership… it’s impossible” the King leans back on his chair with a deep sigh. He seems to be thinking about Tim’s offer but it is clear that he will reject the idea of partnering with Krypton.

Tim knows that this will not be as easy. The Bat is notorious for refusing to seek and offer help to other Kingdoms, especially if it does not benefit Gotham. Despite joining the Association of Kingdoms in the Justice Continent, Gotham scarcely let other Kingdom interfere with her affairs.

Tim understands that it is not easy to change their way because of a request of a girl who left Gotham. However, it is urgent for the King to agree. One of the reasons for Darkseid’s army managing to almost win is the fact that Gotham refused to help and be helped at the beginning of the war.

King Bruce was adamant about his policies and tried to win the war with Darkseid’s Parademon on his own.

When it proves that joined forces are necessary, it was too late for the knights to learn how to work with other Kingdom’s knights. King Bruce’s party was eliminated and the King was hit by light.

It is important for the King to agree to an allyship with Krypton. If Gotham has an allyship beforehand, then they will be ready to fight alongside the Knights of Krypton and by extension Themyscira. With that when the time comes, when Darkseid comes, they may have a bigger chance to win and decrease the amount of casualty.

Tim needs to make him agree. She will make him agree.

“I am aware of that, Your Majesty, I am aware that it is too much to ask for a gift. However, you said it yourself that you are willing to give me anything” 

King Bruce lowers his gaze. He looks conflicted. If Tim is not in the middle of negotiating a contingency for the future, she may bask in this rare occasion of seeing The Bat stumped.

Alfred clears his throat before lowering himself so he can whisper into the King’s ears. The King seems displeased, whispering in return but Alfred shakes his head and urgently whispers back.

Tim glances at Sir Bernard who glances at her awkwardly. It is somewhat uncomfortable to be ignored while the two adults having a conversation. Tim is used to this, being ignored while the others are engaged in a conversation that she can not follow. Although, after living in Bristol, this kind of situation never happens anymore. The residents of Drake Castle are happy to include Tim in their conversation.

It is alright, they are negotiating amongst themselves, Tim. They are trying to reach an agreement before proceeding Tim consoles herself.

The two seem to reach an agreement because Alfred nods and takes a step back into his previous position. King Bruce tries to smile at Tim before speaking, “Tim, I am truly sorry but I don’t think Gotham is able to form an allyship with Krypton. However, I am willing to lend some of our knights to help aid them in this current war.”

No, you have to agree. Gotham needs to be together with other kingdoms to battle Darkseid.

“I am confident that we can employ the Titans and Birds of Prey for this war. I will immediately contact Kaiser Kal-El to inform him of our intent. This will be my engagement gift to you-”

Tim grits her teeth, “What I need is for you to be open to an allyship, Your Majesty. Simply meet with Lady Lena Luthor so she can present to you benefits Krypton is willing to give to Gotham.” King Bruce snorts and no doubt is about to say something bad about Krypton's prowess but Tim cuts him, “Being an ally with Krypton is not going to bring Gotham down. On the contrary, it will be a great help in the case a greater force comes and try to conquer the land. Gotham alone can not possibly defeat a force greater than the number of her arsenal. Gotham needs help in the worst-case scenario”

King Bruce looks offended, “Gotham is fine by herself. Our army is strong, one of the strongest in fact. There will be no forces greater than the forces of our soldiers. Even if they are, I am confident Gotham will be able to win”

Tim bites the inside of her cheek and grips her dress skirt to prevent herself from splashing the tea into the King’s face.

He does not know yet but there was a force greater than Gotham! Greater than the whole Kingdom in Justice Continent! Tim saw the devastation during the war when Gotham is too prideful to ask for help. There were too many casualties, far too many! If only King Bruce lowered his ego faster, there would not be that many casualties.

If the past repeats itself and Gotham stands alone again, then people will die again. There will be too many that will die Tim closes her eyes and silently count to ten. It will be okay, he will agree. He must!

Tim opens her eyes to make contact with the King. He stares at Tim with his annoying blank face that makes it hard to read him.

Tim releases her grip and slowly, deliberately brings her hands close to her neck. The slow movement catches the King’s attention and Tim fiddles with her choker. “I heard that Prince Jason and Prince Roy ran away and got married in Themyscira? It was the talks of society for weeks.”

The King narrows his eyes at the sudden change of topic. Tim smiles at the discomfort the maids and servants show. The scandal hurts the Gotham Royal family more than it hurts the Queens. Unlike Prince Roy who actually atones for his past mistakes, Prince Jason is still in hot water with Gotham’s nobles and citizens.

His anger and violence are well known throughout the kingdom. His many attempts on Tim’s life and the Crown Prince’s that one time, make his reputations drop steadily. The story of how he just leaves to get married without the blessings of the King and the Church hurts his reputation even more.

“The Second Prince has such a bad reputation because of that, wouldn’t it be bad if say, an old scandal resurface?” Tim taps on her injured neck. The scar isn’t visible now, but both she and the King knows it's there. “It will be bad if the citizens of Gotham and Bristol know the real reason I was indisposed months ago. An assassination attempt of nobles always got quite the exposure, especially from Miss Vale. They never go away completely. Especially if they knew how many times the Princes break the Third Law of Inheritance”

“...are you blackmailing me?”

“Your Majesty, I would never!” Tim mocks offended, “Although, I remember you said to me about consequences of one's action and how it will affect the Wayne’s name. I wonder… Will the Wayne name survive if there is another scandal? Too many scandals and the citizen might lose faith in the Crown if they are not already”

The King grits his teeth as he stares Tim down. Then his eyes catch at Tim’s choker and he pales. He seems conflicted like he can not decide if he should be angry at Tim for trying to blackmail him or at Prince Jason for messing up.

Of course, it is the former, Tim she muses he can never stay mad at Prince Jason for long.

“I almost died from the amount of blood loss and I have to live with a visible scar on my neck for the rest of my life. If there weren’t my people there I probably would have died. I am convinced that he was trying to kill me that night”

“Jason will never do that”

“But he had, multiple times” Tim sneers “He had tried to kill me multiple times. A couple of apologies will never change the fact that he spent the first year trying to kill me after he got resurrected”

The King flinches at Tim’s tone. But Tim knows that she will get what she wants because despite everything the King cares about the reputation of the Wayne name.

“If you do not agree to have an allyship with Krypton, then I am going to inform Miss Vale of the true story of what happened during the night after my 16th birthday” Tim stands up from her seat, “Do we have a deal?”

The King closes his eyes for a few seconds before meeting Tim’s.

Later on in the carriage on her way home, Tim chastised herself for crying over the King’s decision even though she had known that the King will choose the Wayne name over her. Even though she needs the King to choose to save the Wayne name's reputation.

I got what I want, it shouldn't feel like a loss

Notes:

...sooo, the reason why Tim decides not to pursue legal action after Jason slits her throat is that she is using it as blackmail. I know that some of you wanted Jason to get consequences for his action and I did make an outline for a scene where he did get punished or something. However, I feel like for someone as opportunistic as Tim making her saving it as blackmail instead makes sense. She plans to change the future and she is using everything in her arsenal. I imagine that she thinks that it is an opportunity to blackmail Bruce into agreeing to her deal. She knows that Bruce will disagree with an alliance with Krypton and he will try to save the Wayne's name if threatened. So, the girl just use what she had to get what she wants *shrug*

Chapter 44: Chapter 34: I Let Go the Pain I’ve Been Holding

Summary:

The finalization of the allyship between Krypton and Gotham is celebrated with a dinner attended by all the Els and Waynes. Tim is hesitant in attending but the Kaiser insists. “You will be part of the House of El, Tim, of course, you should attend the dinner with us!”

So that is why Tim is currently at the dining table with the Waynes and Els.

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

Krypton won the battle. Conner sent Tim a letter the moment the leader of the enemy was killed by Kaiser Kal-El. The letter told her briefly about the victory before Conner informed her that he was on his way to Bristol. Tim cried the moment she received the letter. In her previous life, Conner died during this battle. Tim has been anxious for months because she still remember it clearly. The day Kaiser Kal came to Gotham to tell Tim that Conner died in battle.

She tried to console herself after hearing about the news that the Titans and Birds of Prey left for Krypton to join the battle. She tried to be optimistic, Krypton will have a chance to win faster with their help. Tim can not predict the way things were going in the war since she wasn't there personally in both her first and second life. So she just tried to be optimistic.

When the letter arrived, the pins and ropes constricting her chest disseapears. Conner is alive! Conner survived the war and now he is alive! Tim cried herself to sleep in relief, making Colin and Steph concern.

Three more lives to save Tim muses just three more.

Tim, Colin, Steph, her mom, and Jaime wait in front of the Castle the day Conner supposed to arrive at Bristol. Tim's heart was beating gso much that she was sure the others can hear. She knew Kon will be there, will go to Bristol. However, knowing and seeing are different. That is why, the moment Conner’s horse stopped, Tim ran down the stairs and launched herself at Conner who caught her with ease. Tim cried in Conner's arms but then laughed as Conner playfully spun them around.

They sprang apart, however, when her mom coughs pointedly behind them.

Conner was welcomed at the Castle where he spent two weeks recovering from the war. They spent time planning the wedding that will be held three months after Tim’s 17th birthday.

Mom was scandalized when she heard that Tim is going to be married at 17. However, since Conner is the KronPrinz, and the coming of age on Krypton is 17 instead of 18, she gave her blessing. (Though mom spent three nights in a row sleeping in Tim’s bed with Colin, moaning and whining about how ‘grown up’ Tim is).

Being engaged to the KronPrinz officially makes Tim the future KronPrinzessin of Krypton. That is the reason why Kaiser Kal-El invites Tim to attend the meeting between Krypton and Gotham to talk about the allyship between the two Kingdoms. The Kaiser has tried for years to form an allyship with King Bruce, only to fail. Every meeting of the Kingdom Association ends with him trying to persuade The Bat to form a formal allyship considering the close border they share. That is why the Kaiser was overjoyed to know that the King reached out after helping with their war.

The finalization of their allyship is celebrated with a dinner attended by all the Els and Waynes. Tim is hesitant in attending but the Kaiser insists. “You will be part of the House of El, Tim, of course, you should attend the dinner with us!”

So that is why Tim is currently at the dining table with the Waynes and Els.

Tim feels nervous the moment she steps into the dining room. The dining room has too many bad memories from her past. The most recent memory she can recall about this place is the time Prince Damian attacked her and she yelled at the King.

Conner feels her stiffening beside him. He immediately grabs for Tim's hand and squeezes.

Tim turns to stare at his eyes. Conner gives her a small smile and leans down to whisper in her ear, "Are you okay? We can ditch this boring dinner if you want. Just say the word, Pretty Bird, just say the word and we are gone"

Tim feels warmth spread inside her chest. She feels nervous the entire time she is heading to the Palace. However, the hand that holds her is a steady anchor for her. She knows deep down that even if something goes wrong, Conner will be there to help her.

Prince Damian and the Crown Prince try to catch Tim's eyes when they arrive at the table. She ignores them and walks to her designated seat.

She is sitting beside Conner and across from Prinz Jon-El who pouts since he wants to sit next to Tim. Tim tries to explain the reason for the seating arrangement when Prince Damian loudly voiced his disagreement. Telling the Prinz the proper seating arrangement for a formal setting. 

 “Since you have an even number in the Kaiser's party, both sides of the table should be filled with an equal number. Two on the Kaiser’s right side and two on his left.” Prince Damian calmly states as he takes the seat beside Tim which was supposed to be Prince Jason’s. The Second Prince does not protest, however, only giving them both a tight-lipped smile and taking the seat across from the Third Prince.

“Then! Kon-El you should sit here next to mom! I will sit next to Lady Tim!”

Before the Kaiserin can start reprimanding the Prinz, Prince Damian chimes in again, “That will not do Prinz Jon-El. The left side of the Kaiser should always be the KronPrinz and since Lady Drake will be the future KronPrinzessin, she should be seated next to her betrothed.”

The Prinz does not seem to be satisfied with the explanation and starts to whine. The Sun and Moon of Krypton begin to softly chide him. “But! How come the Third Prince gets to sit with her, and I am not? She will be my sister, no? I knew he was mean to her, so why should he get to be beside her?” the Prinz whines softly.

The Waynes look shocked at Prinz’s answer. “Prinz Jon-El” the Third Prince starts.

The Kaiserin quietly tells him to behave while King Bruce and the Crown Prince shift in their seats as if they want to grab Prince Damian. “Dami-” the Crown Prince starts.

“I understand your frustration, however, may I remind you that this is a formal setting. You should adhere to the rules set by our society. These rules are here for a reason, and as someone in a high position such as yourself, you should be the first to follow them to set an example to other people” The jaws of each Waynes drop at the calm demeanor the Prince exhibits. In the past, disagreement like this would cause an uproar and the Prince yelling and huffing in displeasure. On a bad day, it may end with blood spilled.

Now, the Prince just sits straighter and delivers his point in a very calm manner.

“The dining table of two factions should always be a neutral ground. Any disagreement that Lady Drake and I previously have should not disturb the peace of our dinner tonight” he nods at Tim which she returns with a nod of her own. “I assure you that I will not cause the Lady distress during dinner. I am asking for the Prinz to do the same. Complaining about the seating arrangement will put the Lady in a difficult position, therefore, ruining her dining experience. I hope that the Prinz will be able to show the table manner expected from a member of the House of El”

The Kaiserin smiles and looks at her second son. Prinz Jon-El pouts and his face is red. He then glares at the Third Prinz and properly straightens up in his seat. Kaiserin Lois compliments her son and compliments the Third Prince’s manners. “I should talk with your governess, Your Highness, perhaps she can help with Prinz Jon-El while we are in Gotham.”

“Ah, it was not my governess who taught me, My Moon” Prince Damian dips his head a little, “it is Lady Drake and Lady Dana. They have been teaching me how to conduct myself as a member of the Royal family”

A startled sound can be heard from the Wayne side of the table. Princess Cassandra looks amused while Prince Jason and the Crown Prince look amazed. The King keeps looking at Tim and Prince Damian. Other people may not see the change of expression in the King’s face, but Tim sees the minute change in his eyes and mouth. The King is shocked.

Compared to how the Third Prince behaved months before, the change in behavior is quite drastic.

The Kaiser chuckles, “Ah, then if the Lady does not mind, perhaps after the wedding Lady Drake can help with Prinz Jon’s manners?”

“My fiance is not a governess, Clark,” Kon says in warning.

“No, she is not” the Kaiser turns to give Kon an amused grin, “Though she is a good influence. After all, she managed to be a good one for you”

Conner blushes at the reminder of his bad attitude in the past. Tim and Kaiserin Lois laugh at the KronPrinz adorable blush while Prince Damian mutters something quietly.

And with that, the dinner starts without any disagreements or fights. Alfred must have told the Waynes to behave since they do not try anything except a few glances they throw Tim’s way.

Tim is glad that she does not have to talk to any of the Waynes. At first, she was dreading the dinner, although now she thinks that it may not be as bad as she imagined.


Okay, so it is as bad as she imagines. Well, as close as what she imagined was bad.

After dinner, every Wayne seems to be eager to talk to Tim. The King got distracted, thankfully by the Krypton Monarch as Kaiser Clark immediately announces that the three of them are going to have a celebratory drink together.

Conner, who feels Tim’s going rigid beside him, stands up and requests the Crown Prince to show him around the Palace as if he hasn’t been to the Palace before. Common courtesy, court manners, and Alfred's pointed glare are the only things that force the Crown Prince to abandon his mission to talk to Tim.

As both Heirs leave, Prince Jason approaches her.

Prince Damian begins to snarl and seeing the hostility from the Third Prince, Prinz Jon-El jumps in and does the same. Prince Jason merely raises his eyebrows in amusement. “I see that you have gathered more puppies to protect you,” he says.

“Mind the way you talk, Todd” Prince Damian grits out.

Prince Jason snorts then locks eyes with Tim. She tenses even further, shifting slowly into a defensive position. Prince Jason looks hurt then throws his gaze away. His eyes are shining when he quietly mumbles his goodbye.

“Tt. Imbecile” Prince Damian moves as if to reach out Tim’s hand. Tim does not mean to flinch, however, she still can not suppress her first instinct with the Prince in the very place where he hurt her.  The Prince’s eyes widen, hurt in his eyes before he shakes himself and apologizes for startling Tim.

“Ah, yes… I was not paying attention” Tim says.

“I understand”

And just like that, the Prince offers to lead the Prinz to his guest room. After a couple of seconds of reluctance, the Prinz agrees and both the young princes leave the dining room.

Tim sighs.

She does not mean to flinch. She knows that the Third Prince is doing his hardest to atone for his past mistakes, to show that he is someone who deserves forgiveness. And their relationship is getting better, she thinks. They can be friendly and Tim is comfortable in her position as some sort of a teacher for the Royal.

It does not occur to Tim that something as trivial, like dining in the Palace, will set them back.  But she guess that since deep down she still holds the anger she felt for the young prince, she will still be reacting badly to everything that makes her remember their past. Seomtimes bad days do outweight the good ones.

“Tim” Tim looks up at the sound of Princess Cassandra’s voice. “Congratulations on your engagement”

Tim can not help but smile at that. She bows to the Princess and offers her greeting. The Princess smiles at her but it looks strained.

"The KronPrinz… he… does he treat you well?" She asks, a little bit hesistant than she usually is.

"Yes, he treats me very well, Your Highness" Tim's smile widden, remembering how just a moment ago Conner tries to help her by distracting thw Crown Prince.

The First Princess nods at her, "You seems… happier. I'm glad that you are happy"

Some nasty comments are just on the tip of her tongue. Tim wants so badly to just snap and be mean to the Princess. However, she holds back. She has done a lot of reflecting these past months after the Princes have tried to apologize to her. She has received many advices from people around her. Now, she feels like she can really move on from the past, from the Waynes.

"Yes, I am glad that I have finally become happy"

There are tears gathered in the First Princess' eyes. Tim is about to leave when she sees the King comes back to the dining room. He looks a little out of breath, like he's been running to the dinng room. When he sees Tim, his face lit up and he jogs a little bit. "Tim, you are still here"

Tim nods, unsure of what to do. The King smiles unsurely at her, "I am…. I am sorry, Tim, I-"

Tim stares at him but after the King apologizes, Tim sighs, "My answer will be the same one I have offered to the Crown Prince. I am sure he has told you"

The King closes his mouth, he nods slowly.

Tim has to stop herself from gaping after she sees the shine in the King’s eyes. He blinks fast to dispell any tears. “I am aware that this may be a little bit hard for you. I mean being here in the Palace”

“Yes, it actually is” Tim says solemnly.

The King looks taken aback by Tim’s honesty. He quickly tries to lift the mood by recounting his hapy memories in the dining room. “We have a very grand diner for celebrating your rise to the Robin position! You remember it right Tim? Cass? You were there too!”

Princess Cassandra nods but does not offer any addition to the King’s recounting.

It may be a happy occasion. It should be a happy occasion, if not for the King’s sudden outburst after Tim wears the Robin cape. The First Princess was there to help the King calm down but it still hurts to know that the King is seeing someone else in that cape and not Tim.

The Princess knows that it is not as happy a memory as the King would like to believe.

“Ah! We also have your welcoming party here! When you first arrive!” The King tries again when none of the girls jump in to recount the memory with him. “I remember we invited almost everyone influential to dinner! The room was full and everyone was having fun!”

Once again both girls were silent. While the First Princess was not there, she certainly knows that the party ends with the King beating some of the knights who used to work with Prince Jason. The King felt that they were betratying the Second Prince’s legacy by celebrating Tim’s arrival. Everyone did not held any party celebration for half a year after that incident.

Tim stays quiet. She silently wonders the whereabout of the Sun and Moon of Kyrpton. How can they lose sight of the King?

“Tim…?” the King tries. Tim gives an answering hum, “Are-aren’t going to say anything?”

“No, I am not”

“Wh-why? I mean, you must have some good memories here too right? Not all of our interactions are bad surely” The King sounds unsure, he shifts his weight and his hands fidget at his side. What a rare sight Tim thinks.

“Probably so” Tim starts, “However, I do not think that it is worth mentioning considering the circumstances we are now”

The King’s expression shatters. He dips his head while his whole body shake minutely. The Princess moves closer to comfort her father.

“Your Majesty, I… I think it will be better if we do not dwell on the past” Tim whispers slowly, “I know it is such a big change, however, it is a necessary change. I do a lot of self reflection these past years, and I must say that I am finally trying to put myself first. Put my happiness, my well-being first, and I come to realize that dwelling on the past will only bring negativeness. It will only halt the progress I am making. Perhaps the King may do the same”

“You want me to forget about the past?” the Bat sounds offended. He looks at Tim with so much disbelief. “Are you saying that I have to forget about you?”

“I am sure it is not as difficult for you” Tim sighs, “But no, what I meant is for you to stop thinking about all the what-ifs and has-been when you know that it will not help change anything. We have a different path now, a different future. I think it’s time for us to really live it.”

The King seems to want to protest but stop sorts as he stares intently into Tim’s eyes. Whatever he finds there must be convincing enough to make him realize that Tim is serious when she implies that the Wayne stops trying to live in the past.

They seems delusional, thinking that the happy memories will outweight the bad and make me stay

“She is happy now… more people with her” Princess Cassandra speaks up, “She has more people who love her now, Bruce, who loves her the way she deserved to be loved” she slowly grabs at the King’s wrist, bringing it close to her heart. She stares pleadingly at Bruce, tears falling down silently on her face.

Tim looks away for a couple of seconds before looking back at the Father and Daughter.

“Oh, Cass… I…” the King grabs his daughter’s hands, “Oh, Tim…” he turns to look at Tim. He reaches out for Tim to take his hand but stops halfway. He blinks his eyes faster before dropping his hand to his side.

Tim offers them her goodbye, bowing and slowly walking out of the room. But the King’s voice stops her on her track, “Tim, I am sorry that things turn out his way”

Tim feels pain in her chest, that nagging pain that she feels every time she feels disappointed by the indifferent attitude of the King. The pain that she feels every time she sees the different treatment of the King. The pain that she sometimes feels when she thinks about the what-ifs that will never happen.

But then the memories of her mom’s advice, Steph’s determination, Colin’s presence, and the others' love and care enter her mind.

She turns to face the two Waynes, still standing close and holding each other. They look… fragile.

“I have learned that you can not control everything even if you want to. That other people’s decision is solely their responsibility and nothing I can do to change it. It was not my decision to be neglected while living in this place, it was yours. I used to try to make you notice me, and it used to frustrate me so much that you didn’t but I now know that I can’t control your feelings towards me, I can not make you love me. I can not force you to.”Tim takes a deep breath, “For the longest time, that devastates me. Your love is the only thing I want. Now, I realize that love should be freely given not earned. I have people who make me realize that now. People who love me because they want to, not because I force them to, not because I remind them to. They just love me because… because they simply do.

“It was hard for me, I was hurt. I was angry that you never seemed to care about me the way you do others. And it blinded me to other people… I thought that yours is the only thing I need. That if you do not care for me then others won’t.” Tim smile sadly at the remembrance of her past life, “But now I realized, I have been loved and cared for by others. Mom, Stephanie, Luke…my Staff, they all-they all love and care about me without me having to control our interaction, without me having to force them.”

The King and his daughter look away from Tim tears fall down their cheek.

Tim refuses to acknowledge that there are tears on her cheek too.

“I deserve to be loved, to be with the people who love me… and it just happens that those people are not the Waynes.”

“Bu-but you can still come home… Tim, we can still try-”

“I don’t think we can” Tim interrupts him, “I am not at fault, I don’t need to keep trying to earn your love when love should not be earned but given. I shouldn’t be hurting myself just for… I shouldn’t be hurting myself. Being here, living with you, hurts me so much that I do not think I can ever recover. It takes time, Your Majesty, a long long time. I just… I will be amicable, Your Majesty, but I do not think going back to the way we were before is a good idea. I am trying to be happy and unfortunately, it is not with you”

The Princess is sobbing. The King looks at Tim with an unreadable expression. Tim feels as if a burden has been lifted a little bit but it still suffocates her. She hears footsteps approaching and sees Kon.

The young man steps closer to her, wiping away the tears Tim still refuses to acknowledge. “Let’s go home, Tim. Come with me, let’s go home”

And Tim knows home means the Drake Castel where everyone loves and cares for her. She nods, sniffing a little. She offers her goodbye once more to the King and the First Princess. This time there is no way to hold her back, no one who tries to make her stay.

As she walks further away to the dining room, hands gripped tight by the hand of her lover, she feels at ease. Slowly but surely, the past leaves her as she walks into the future where she can finally be free of hurt.

My second life begins now

Notes:

I actually cried a little when I wrote the scene at the end.

Anyways, the things I want to highlight in this chapter are:
1. Damian's growth. He is a child that will become better if given the right environment and stimulus to grow. He is getting better everyone, he still is a brat but he isn't an aggressive brat no more.
2. The cycle of an abusive relationship. The cycle of an abusive relationship (verbal and/or physical) is getting abused - realizing you got abused- left- the abuser gives an apology (empty like Dick's or a little dismissive like Jason's) and begs you to come back (by bringing happy memories like what Bruce did) - you got back - getting abused again. Here Tim is currently breaking the cycle by refusing the accept empty apology and realizing that apology doesn't erase the past abused, and also refusing to be caught in nostalgia (like how Bruce intentionally choosing Tim's favorite spot in the last chapters and bringing up happy memories in this).
3. The numb feeling you have when you were already caught up in the cycle for too long. This is how I feel when I met my toxic ex-friend, there was no affection nor pity for them. Only nothingness. Like numbness, feeling nothing when they tried to apologize again. I feel like Tim will be feeling this when she finally can really break the cycle. That's why there isn't much description about Tim's emotion in here during the last scene.

Chapter 45: Chapter 35: And the Holy Spirit

Summary:

“It is quite... entertaining being in your employment, I must say” all of the sudden he looks at Tim with a serious expression. “But with this, you will finally tell me, my wife's killer. Let’s say I am years too late for revenge and I don’t want to wait another year for that”

Tim nods, a solemn expression pastes on her face. She reaches to hold Slade’s hand and squeezes it. “Don’t worry, your revenge is just around the corner. When you help me with mine, you will get yours. When everything is over, you can go ahead and kill the man who did it. He deserves it after everything he has done”

Notes:

Okay, chapter warning! There are some lines that implied past rape. They aren't many but still if you are uncomfortable with that kind of thing just skip the text between ****.

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

This is your last warning. Leave Nanda Parba alone or face the consequences.


“You ready for the last part of your deal?” Tim asks Slade as he enters her room. 

Slade raises his eyebrow, “Already? Are you sure? This means our deal will end, little missy, our oath will be automatically broken”

Tim returns his look by raising her own eyebrow, she likes to think that she does it better with his eyepatch lowering the effect of the look. But he will scoff at her if she ever tells him that “What is this? Are you trying to say that you want to continue our deal?”

Slade snorts.

“Aww, you do have a soft spot for me” Tim smirks at the mercenary. Slade rolls his eyes, walking further into the room. When he reaches Tim, he flicks her forehead then sits next to her, “Ow”

“It is quite... entertaining being in your employment, I must say” all of the sudden he looks at Tim with a serious expression. “But with this, you will finally tell me, my wife's killer. Let’s say I am years too late for revenge and I don’t want to wait another year for that”

Tim nods, a solemn expression pastes on her face. She reaches to hold Slade’s hand and squeezes it. “Don’t worry, your revenge is just around the corner. When you help me with mine, you will get yours. When everything is over, you can go ahead and kill the man who did it. He deserves it after everything he has done”


“O Holy Lord! Barbatros, the savior of Gotham! Bless us with a victory over this horrendous war! Lead our Knights into victory! O Holy Lord Barbatros!”

“O Holy Lord Barbatros!”

Tim feels suffocated sitting in the front row of the Church. She looks beside her and sees her mom and Steph looking serious, praying so hard that you can see their knuckles turning white. On her right she sees Colin doing the same.

“O Holy Lord! Barbatros, the savior of Gotham! Bless us with salvation! Help us, your children, for we are in dire need of your help! O Holy Barbatros!”

 

********

“O Holy Barbatros!”

“O Holy Barbatros! Please! Please, help me! Please! Make him stop!”

“O Holy Lord! Barbatros, the savior of Gotham! Bless us with a miracle! Give our Knights a miracle to help them win this war! For we are scared, O Holy Barbatros!”

“O Holy Barbatros”

“Oh, child… you really think that your God will help you? Don’t paint me as the Devil, child, we have our deal, not even your Lord Savior can break it!”

“Please! Please! O Holy Barbatros, bless me with salvation!”

“.--O Holy Barbatros!”

“O Holy Barbatros!”

“My Foolish Beloved Princess, there is nothing you can do… no blessing or anything can help you from me. Now come here, you promised to give me an heir”

“No… please…. please…”

“--savior of Gotham– bless–your children– need you– help us!-- O Holy Barbatros!”

**************

 

“O Holy Barbatros!”

Everything narrows into a point. The walls are getting closer and a ghost of hands roaming through her body. She looks up to see the image of Barbatros, the God of Gotham Kingdom, and whispers, “I needed you but you weren’t there”

She slowly rises up, throws an excuse at her shoulder, and walks out of the Church’s main praying room.

She feels her chest tightens, her breath coming in short. Everything is so small. Everything is so narrow. She feels her vision swims but then, as she is on the verge of passing out, a bright red color enters her field of vision.

Someone is holding her hand and bringing it to touch their chest. The Heiress feels the faint thumping of a heart beating then the feeling of warmth on her left cheek. She looks up and sees the warm amber color.

Bart

“Tim, take a deep breath” she tries only to choke and cough “slowly, here follow me, okay? Do it as I do”

Tim tried, steadying herself. Bart helps her. Patiently couching her to breathe.

After a couple of minutes, she can breathe normally. However, she feels weak and Bart has to guide her to the closest room so she can sit down. It seems like a private prayer room, which makes Tim a little queasy but once she sits down she does not feel she has the strength to get up.

“Are you okay, My Lady?” Bart asks as he shuffles around the room, “Do you need me to bring you something to drink?”

“No, it’s quite alright”

Bart nods and tentatively sits next to Tim. He reaches out a hand to comfort Tim but Tim tells him she doesn't want to be touched. He nods and retreats his hand, “What’s wrong? You look shaken”

Tim contemplates telling Bart the truth. She never told anyone before, not even Stephanie. Tim knows that her Lady-in-waiting has been informed by the knights guarding Tim’s bedroom that she sometimes woke up from nightmares. However, since the last time Tim refuses to talk about it, Stephanie does not try to bring it up in a conversation anymore. Though, the Heiress will always get chamomile tea for her morning tea every time she wakes up with a nightmare.

Tim looks at Bart who looks at her with concern.

It is hard to tell other people the nightmares she has without telling them the truth about her time-traveling. However, Bart is also a time traveler. Out of all the people in the world right now, Bart is probably the only one who understands what Tim is going through.

“I just-I just remembered something from my first life” Tim takes a shaky breath, “It’s a very bad memory that I have...that I have tried to forget. But I can’t. No matter what I do I… I still feel like I am back to that room” Bart hums but thankfully does not ask Tim to elaborate. She does not think that she can do it. The memory of hands holding her, roaming through her body, and the ghost of pain lingering is a bit too much for her. Recounting it will probably make her panic even more. “I don’t understand how something that my body never experienced, at least this body didn’t, will still haunt me. I can-I can still feel it! I shouldn’t have felt it, this body never experience it!”

“Sometimes trauma can suppress logic.” Bart begins slowly, “It is not something that affects the body but the mind. You may have life in your younger body now but your mind is still... you. It is… it takes a long time to heal from trauma, you can not rush it and you can not force it. I probably could not help much but I am always here if you need me. We have different circumstances but I have an idea of what you are going through. I know that a lot of my trauma still haunts me”

He suddenly looks smaller and afraid after saying that. Tim knows that she looks the same. Looking as haunted as Bart.

They hear the sound of prayer continuing, seeping through the wall of the private prayer room. The desperate cry for help from the God Barbatros. Tim looks up at the picture of him on the wall in front of her.

“I used to be religious” Tim begins, “You have to when you are part of the highest-ranking noble family then the Second Princess. The citizen of Gotham look up to you and you have to become the perfect representation of what Gotham wants. I used to pray for blessings every day. I used to go to Church every month, every Holy event.”

“And now?”

“Now, I don’t think someone we only know through paintings will be able to help much. Now, I don't think blessings can help much. Sometimes, the only one who can save you is yourself” Tim says while looking at the painting of Gotham’s God; Barbatros.

Bart looks up at the painting. “I am surprised you still allow the practice in Bristol”

Tim snorts, “My personal bad experience with Barbatros that leads to this conclusion does not give me the right to force others to accept the same conclusion. I may not be given what I prayed for in my first life but I know that there is some citizen who thinks otherwise.”

Bart turns a little to face Tim. 

“I know that there are people out there whose belief towards him becomes their main drive force” Tim waves at the painting. His eyes seem to glisten. “There are people whose faith become the one reason they are still alive today. Belief is a very individual thing, you can not generalize the negative experiences of a select few. Besides, if I do force them to stop believing, if I banned the entire religion, then I will not be a just ruler. I will be an oppressor”

Bart hums, “You may be right”

They stay silent for a couple more minutes. The sound of people praying seeps a little into their small room. Tim can not make out the wording but she can guess. This war against Darkseid has taken a toll on the kingdom. It is slightly better than in her first life, not as much casualty. However, one life taken is already too big of a price for war.

“I am actually an Azarathian” Bart breaks the silence between them, drowning the plea of help from the main prayer room. “It’s a new religion in Gotham, when um when the Crown Prince takes the mantle after this war he.. he welcomes the priests of Azarath. The High Priest, Raven, is…was? um, is his friend and after the war for many people, they just want reassurance. They just want something to believe in. Something that promises them peace and Barbatros didn't give them that. Not after the war.”

Tim listens to the story of a future that she never knew and probably will never know. It is quite unsettling to talk about Bart’s future. The past has been rewritten twice. First because of Bart, the second is because of Tim. The future that Bart remembers is only memories of a young man currently displaced in time.

“The priests wore white robes and their ritual is… peaceful. There wasn't any shouting when reciting prayers. Many Gothamites end up joining the religion, including my Mom's family. She, um… she was devoted. Thad and I ended up joining her religion instead of my Dad’s. So I actually have no idea what to do back there. But if I said that to Grandma Iris, I think she will have a heart attack.”

Tim laughs softly at his honest confession.

“But I do understand what you mean, Tim, when you experience the things we went through, it’s hard to believe that they are a higher power that will save us” Bart looks at the painting of Bartbatros. “I was the one who save Granpa Barry not him, not Azarath”

“Makes you wonder if they will even help, huh?” Tim whispers at the empty room. Bart looks out the window of the small private prayer room.

Tim never asked Bart about his past and at that moment she felt bad for never asking. Bart listened to her story and comforted her but she never did the same. In her first life, Bart only glossed over the reason he came back. He only told the heroic nature of his time traveling, the saving of his Grandfather. Tim of the past never would have thought that there is more than glory to the story.

Being a time traveler herself, she knows that there is certain pain that only you can feel. A certain loss that only you understand. No one in the new present understands what they have been going through since no one remembers anything from their memory.

“You never told me how you feel the first time you time travel” Tim whispers.

Bart turns to her with a snort, “There is nothing to tell, really. Grandpa Barry died before Grandma gave birth, and when Mobius attacked no one was there to lead the Central knights. There were so many deaths, bla bla bla, the future was bleak. Some part of Gotham got enslaved after the King died and the Titans were unable to fight Darkseid after being attacked by Mobius. So, I went back in time”

He finishes it with a huff. Now, Tim can see the pain lingered in the redhead’s eyes. The horror he must have remembered from his past.

“It’s starting to make sense, though” he whispers, “I went back in time and saved Grandpa Barry, changed too much that I can not go back to my own time. I freaked out so much, you know? When I realized that my meddling postpone my Father’s conception, and when I realized there will be no Twin Heir of Central. When I realized there will be no Bartholomew Henry Allen in the future that I have rewritten. But, instead of disintegrating, I got stuck in the past. I never really understood why it happens and I thought 'well, might as well live it'” he sighs “I guess I have to be in your past so you can go back in time and rewrite the future and save people”

Bart grabs her hand and squeezes, "So you can save me"

“Let's just hope that I am changing it for the better” Tim confesses.

And that is her fear. That she changes so much of the past but will end up ruining it. That she will sacrifice the happiness of many for a select few.

 “I may help save people from dying but at what cost? I save Conner but Prinz Jon was supposed to be the KronPrinz, he was supposed to be the next Kaiser, and now he isn’t. I save Steph but Colin isn’t the greatest and youngest Knight of Gotham anymore, he’s just my Vassal. The Crown Prince will not be the King anytime soon...sometimes I think that I am being selfish. Sacrificing other people’s bright future because I don’t want to let go of others. The Scarab told me that I can just let things be, but I can't. I don't want to. I guess I have to live with this guilt”

“Do you regret saving my life?”

“NO! That's not what I-” Tim turns to Bart and grabs his hands, “No! Never! I would never regret it! If I have the chance to change the past again, I will do it!”

 “I think selfishness is what is needed by a time traveler. It's what drives me, I think when I was trying to save Grandpa Barry.” Bart answers, “I am sure that what makes Thad come too. You need to be a little bit selfish to be able to do what we did”

Tim tries to make Bart speak about Thaddeus Thawne more but the redhead only gives a terse reply. He only confirms that his twin is in this time and that they have had some communication before. However, the young vassal refuses to elaborate more so Tim does not try to pry.

Something that happens between the two siblings is none of Tim's business anyway. That is their private matter and Tim will respect their privacy.

“Looks like the three of us are the only Outliers in this timeline” Tim tries to be happy about it. Bart looks at her in confusion. “Outliers, that is what, um, that is what the Scarab say I will be. Jaime said that there are Outliers in this timeline. Those who can not affect others and who can not be affected anymore, I am not sure what it means. It says they are those who are now the watcher of life.”

“Ah, I think the Scarab just meant Nexus” Bart snickers at her, “Yeah, that’s us! or you will be? I am not sure that you are one yet. I mean your actions are still affecting the future since you are able to manipulate Gotham’s involvement in this war so I think you are not yet” he tilts his head to the side.

Tim mirrors his action, “I think I am getting close… I mean, I feel like I am getting close. It’s… it’s weird but I can feel the… detachment. I have been, um, meddling with someone and recently I found that if I give a direct command to do something that will affect their operation, it will not be as effective. However, if I give Slade free reign to do something to foil their operation, it will be successful. So, yeah, I think my time being a Nexus is getting closer”

Bart softly asks about Tim’s operation and laughs loudly when Tim gives him a brief summary of all the things she had asked Slade to do.

As his laugh petters down, he solemnly says “I always think of our situation as a marionette awaking in the middle of a play. You just woke up and sees other people still doing their lines, being controlled by their strings. You can’t do anything to make them stop and you can not leave the stage. But you are aware of the plot and you are stuck watching the play without the ability to do anything.”

Tim snorts, “That is a weird analogy but somehow makes sense”

Bart gives her a big grin then proceeds to inform her about the marionette play, something that will only be introduced after the war. Tim may know a little about it from her past life but she does not have time to really know it since she left to find the King. Tim listens to Bart’s experience watching a marionette play for the first time and how terrified he was with it. Tim chimed in with her own story of how she watched the very first show in the past.

It fascinates the redhead, hearing about a story of the past that he can not remember. In turn, Tim finds it oddly horrifying to be hearing about the future of Gotham that will never happen.

As their story comes to an end, they bask in the silence that follows. Neither of them speaks for the longest time. The sound of people praying has stopped and Tim is sure that Stephanie and Colin will start searching for her.

They decide to go back to the main room, an excuse story has already been agreed by the two of them. Before they leave the private praying room, however, Tim grabs Bart’s sleeve, forcing the young vassal to look at her.

“Bart, what-what happen… I mean you said the Crown Prince took over as King in your time too after this war. Did he do it because the King died? How about… do you know anything about me? Was I gone searching for him too? Was I-?” Bart grimaces and for Tim it is an answer enough, “Yeah, okay, let’s not talk about it”

“Yeah, that is probably for the best”

They exit the room and it is long before Colin spots her and runs at full speed towards her. Tim hugs her little brother and listens to his recounting of the praying and the things that she has missed.

All the citizens were unaware of the sound of victory as The Bat’s and The Sun of Krypton’s swords successfully cut the head of Darkseid.

Notes:

A little note: This is the most nerve-wracking chapter for me to post. I never usually include religion whenever I wrote stories because I don't know how to write it without offending and I am afraid of making mistakes. I can make this one because religion is a made-up religion LOL so I feel a bit comfortable writing it.

and OH MY GOD.... we are closing to the end!! The next chapter is the last chapter!! I am so excited!!! Please stay tuned for the finale next week!!

Chapter 46: Chapter 36: A Marionette Without Its String

Summary:

Tim touches the choker from Conner. Her fiance has given it to her personally, face red as the color of the fabric. It is of good quality. Silk instead of lace, without an unnecessary pattern. It has a bird charm. A Robin. Tim admits to crying a little after seeing it.

Notes:

Okaaay, I was never good at counting, okay, so I made a mistake... There are actually 48 chapters overall with the special chapter, but for some reason, I kept counting it as 47+a special chapter instead of 48 and ended up putting 47 as the chapter count. I remember there is a special chapter so I thought 'Oh, chapter 47 is the special chapter'. That is why last week I confidently announced this is the last chapter but when I am trying to post today I realized they are 48 chapters! God, I feel so embarrassed :(

Anyway, after debating for some time, I will only post one chapter because this chapter IS the end of the main story of Tim's journey, and the next chapters are the epilogue and the special chapter. So there is still next week before this story finally comes to an end! Thank you for reading so far ❤️❤️❤️❤️

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text


“Aaannddd one last…touch…. perfect!” Steph squeals after she placed the last jeweled hairpin on Tim’s hair. Tim turns her head a little bit so she can see it better in the mirror. Her hair is done in a bun adorned with sapphire and rubies hairpins. Steph has arranged it in such a way that they look like flowers. “I still think that you should have red and gold instead” Steph pouts at her.

Tim locks eyes with Steph in the mirror, “Well, today I am not only 17 but I am also going to be introduced officially as the future KronPrinzessin of Krypton. It is only proper to wear the House of El’s color and symbol” Tim gestures the medallion with the El’s symbol for ‘Hope’.

The Kaiser has gifted Tim the clothes and medallion while the Kaiserin has gifted her the hairpins and the bracelets she is wearing. It will be rude if she doesn’t wear it, especially if she is about to become part of their family.

Steph groans” I understand, My Lady, it is just that this is not your color. Your Grace, the red is not even your shade! It is fortunate that the KronPrinz has given you a choker with the correct red color”

Tim touches the choker from Conner. Her fiance has given it to her personally, face red as the color of the fabric. It is of good quality. Silk instead of lace, without an unnecessary pattern. It has a bird charm. A Robin. Tim admits to crying a little after seeing it.

There is a knock on the door, a servant informing a problem in the kitchen. Steph immediately runs out of the room in panic while screaming bloody murder. Tim silently pray for the staff to survive the blonde’s wrath.

Steph and Bart are the ones planning this party. Every day leading to this day is a chaotic one. Since this birthday is also Tim’s new title introduction, she becomes, even more, determined to make it the best party this social season. Mom only came back about three days ago after accidentally misplacing some papers from Steph. Tim silently pray for the kitchen staff to survive after this party.

“Oh, Dios nos salve a todos” Tim readies herself in an offensive stance only to see Jaime and Bart climb into her room. “You may need to hire new staff today, señora”

“I am quite sure that one of you is responsible for this” Tim raises her eyebrow.

“Don’t look at us! It’s that one eye man!” Bart protested.

“Yes, I said one of you” Tim looks pointedly behind Bart. The redhead looks behind flinching hard when he sees Slade standing right behind him.

“How are you here already!” cried the redhead.

Slade only grins wider. He saunters into Tim’s room and makes himself at home on one of her sofas. “So, little missy, are you excited to finally end this contract?”

Tim walks closer to him and sits opposite him. Bart and Jaime follow a second later. “I thought you were sad that you wouldn’t be seeing me again”

“Yes, of course, I cried for days about it” Slade mocks her but she can see the small smile on his face. Even though he does not want to admit it, he is actually enjoying being in Tim’s employment and spending time talking with her. That makes her smile.

Jaime clears his throat, “Okay, so everyone is ready. The Els are already at the ballroom. KronPrinz Kon-El is with the Wonder Girl. Colin is with Prince Damian and Lady Barbara. Lady Dana is currently being escorted to the ballroom by Sir Bernard. Lady Helena will be meeting with Lady Steph. The Ives arrive first and have been mingling with the Foxs, it looks like Sir Luke hitting it well with the Viscount. Hmm, who else?” Jaime puts a finger down as he lists the people down.

“The Maleates are here” Bart chimes is, “Jaime and I will be seeing them after this”

Tim nods in acknowledgment. “Okay, that is good. I will be ready in a few moments. I just need to get my gloves”

Bart and Jaime nod then leave the room from the balcony but not before they wish her good luck and give her a hug. They carefully climb down to head to the ballroom through the entrance to avoid suspicions. 

Tim grabs her glove and puts them on. She checks in the mirror one last time before deeming herself presentable. She is about to head out when she sees Slade offering his hand to her. Tim stares for a couple of seconds before accepting the escort.

They walk silently to the room where Tim will wait to be announced and to give her speech before entering the ballroom. It is on the second floor, just like her bedroom so it is not a terribly long walk before they arrive.

Tim sits down in the chair prepared for her by the knight outside. “And you said you are no longer a knight. You seem to remember how to escort a Lady” Tim teases.

Slade snorts at her, “Well, it’s not like it’s hard”

Tim grins. She looks away from the mercenary to the curtain that separates her and the ballroom. It is the West Ballroom, the one that overlooks the lake. Tim has made an arrangement to decorate the area surrounding the lake so people can dance outside. The lake has been decorated with candles. Steph and Colin -who came when she was getting ready- have informed her how beautiful it looks, especially since the full moon is out. She can not wait to see it in person.

“Are you sure you do not want me to accompany you?” Slade says.

 “No, it is quite alright, Slade” she replies as she fixes her medallion. “Just follow the plan,  check the perimeter for any sign of intruders”

The mercenary seems hesitant, it is so unlike him to be that. After a while, though, he gives Tim a nod and leaves to do his job. Tim sighs and once again fiddles with her medallion.

It warms her every time she sees it. It makes her feel accepted. Wearing the symbol of El means that she is part of the El family. It’s nice to have people who are willing to be her family. First, it’s people around her; Mom, Steph, Luke, Colin, Jaime, and Bart. Now, it’s the Els. Tim feels so loved right now.

It is five minutes after Slade leaves when Tim hears the sound of something falling. It’s heavy, like a body falling down. Then another sound similar to it right after. Tim gives a longing look to the curtain before she raises up from her chair and grabs her sword that is propped upon it.

The door is swung open to reveal Ra’s Al Ghul.

He is wearing a green and golden cape that looks so gaudy on him. He smirks when he sees Tim alone. The two ninjas following him behind are dismissed when he realizes that Tim is truly alone.

After the ninja leaves, the man closes the door behind him. “Ah, My Lady, I did not receive your invite. I must say I am quite disappointed, here I thought we have something after that conversation during Damian’s debut” 

“Cut the pleasantries Ra’s, both of us know that you are not here to be social” Tim draws out her sword pointing it at Ra’s.

The smirks plaster on his face disappears, replaced by an angry frown. “I am impressed, Lady Timoti, you have managed to anger me. Dismantling my operations, helping Talia with her rebellion. Tell me, Red Robin, was it worth it?” he takes out a whistle and blows it.

Immediately there is commotion right outside the curtain. Tim tries so hard to not look behind her. 

“Was angering me worth sacrificing the lives of all those you held dear? Even if the more accomplished targets survive, the others will die. Was it worth it, My Dear Princess?” Ra’s smugly says as the sound of screams echoes the hall.

Tim manages to hold for a couple of seconds before laughing, “See, that’s where you’re wrong. I am not sacrificing anyone”

There is a whirling sound and blue light emitted behind the curtain before all sounds from the ballroom stop. Silence fills the room before cheers erupted.

Ra’s face contorts to confusion. He runs towards the curtain to yank it open. Below the balcony they are in, the room is trashed with plates and food toppled down during the fight. However, instead of finding Tim’s loved ones and guests' bodies, they see Ra’s ninjas' bodies piled up all across the room.

All of Tim’s loved ones are safe. Steph looks frazzled but she and Lady Helena seem to managed to defeat the ninja trying to kill Steph. Her mom is sitting on the floor with blood on the side of her dress but judging from the decapitated head of a ninja in front of Sir Bernard, she is not harmed but merely shocked.

Across the room she sees Luke helping the Viscountess Ives and Lady Samantha. His clothes are full of blood splatter. There are at least three dead ninja bodies near his person. The Viscount is on the other part of the room dragging a dead ninja away from the guests.

The Els looks fine, unimpressed but they are fine. Conner who is standing away from them looks up after Cassie nudges him. “Hey, Ra’s. How is it going?” he says cheekily. Cassie smirks as she sheats her sword.

The Waynes who Tim invites secretly seems to scatter around the room defeating a couple of ninjas to protect the guests. King Bruce dresses as a knight glares at the Demon Head when their eyes meet. Jaime and Bart wave from their place near the dessert table. Two ninjas tied up in front of them.

“Really Grandfather? Ninja? I am insulted” Prince Damian scoffs. She sees Colin and Prince Damian each wiping their own sword while Lady Barbara plucks out her dagger from one of the bodies.

Ra’s stumbles back, “You… what have you done?”

“I know that you will try to catch me by surprise by setting up an ambush. You are trying to play a game with me. Holding my loved ones and friends hostage even though you know that half of them are capable to defend themself. Your real goal is to kill those who are not trained to show me the ‘consequences’. To make me scared so you can toy with me, I know you wouldn’t just kill me as the consequence. No, your consequence is slowly killing my loved ones one by one to torture me. 

“Did you think I was going to gather them here in one place, in one crowded place where your ninjas can easily infiltrate silently to kill them all at once, without giving them protection? Do you really think I am foolish enough to hand them on a silver platter to you? I have friends who are willing to trust me. I have friends who are willing to help”

Tim stares at Ra’s seriously, “This is me, refusing to play, Ra’s. You made the wrong move by threatening my family. You think that you can intimidate me and torture me but your game is over because I’m ending it. I had your ninjas taken down. Now it’s your turn”

Tim readies herself as she waits. She waits long enough for this moment. When she first start drafting plans to save her friends from dying. At first, she thought that she can save two people just by making sure that she saved King Bruce from dying at the hands of Darkseid.

After tons of research, she realizes that there is still a slim chance of them getting killed despite that. If the Council of Spiders still tries to attack the Al Ghul’s assassins, then what better to make sure that Z and Owen are saved by killing the current Head of Demon? If he died, Talia can take over. Unlike her Father, she is smart enough to lay low and not engage with the Council of Spiders.

(And if killing Ra’s fulfill the deepest darkest desire for revenge that Tim harbors towards the man from her past. Then it is a win-win situation, right?)

Ra’s removes his cloak and unsheaths his sword. “Very well”

And they get into combat. Tim hears the gasps from people below but she only spares a moment to hear it before tuning in to the sound of her sword against his. They are on the balcony with no other access but the door that leads to the hallway on the second floor. Tim chooses this room specifically so no other person may interfere.

She manages to get a couple of blows in, feeling gratitude for the fact that the clothes from the Els are made from a very sturdy material that can not be easily penetrated. But it does not deter the man. He kicks Tim’s cheek and slams the blunt side of his sword to Tim’s side when she’s down.

Tim slashes on his legs and kicks his side. She uses all the techniques that he had taught her in the past. It stuns him enough that Tim manages to hit his shoulder and stabs his left thigh. 

“You… that’s an Al Ghul’s special techniques where do you learn that?” he looks absolutely furious and beaten up. Tim grins wide at the blood dripping down his thigh and shoulder. He pants and winces in pain. Tim relishes every moment of this.

She stands straighter noticing that she stands close to the balcony ledge. “I do not think you can call it special if someone, not an Al Ghul managed to master it” Tim mocks.

Ra’s growls and attacks. Tim blocks his attack but it is heavier than before. Tim stumbles and she lost a precious couple of moments when Ra’s kicks her down the balcony. Her eyes widen as she falls down. She looks up to see his smug face.

He thought he had won she thinks as she smirk right back at him.

“TIM!!”

“NO!!!”

“LADY TIM!!!”

Tim closes her eyes as she prepares herself to hit the ground. Everything is dark and everything seems to narrow to one point. It feels like she has been falling forever. The wind blowing past her feels like a breeze.

When she thought she will be colliding with the floor, she hits something less hard than the floor. It makes a grunting sound as it collides with Tim. The world is turning, spinning rapidly before it stops suddenly. She gasps and hears an answering gasp from below her as the wind got knocked out of her lungs.

The sound of Ra’s scream can be heard so does footsteps surrounding Tim.

“Make room!! Make room!! Don’t crowd them!!” a voice that sounds like Steph yells, “Bring me Physician Brown and first aid, NOW!!!”

Tim groans, feeling something tightens on her waist. Her head is pillowed on something soft yet firm. She turns her head while opening her eyes. The dark disappears as the color of the sky fills her vision.

“Con..ner?” she whispers.

Conner looks at her unfocused at first but then at her voice, he seems to sober up.“Tim” he tightens his hold on her. “I thought I am going to lose you” 

Before Tim can answer, Physician Brown comes and starts examining Tim and Kon. She sees that everyone is gathering in a circle around their face contorts in worry. Physician Brown asks her question but Tim can not focus as the sound of a body falling down the balcony behind her and the sound of someone landing on their feet right after are the only thing she heard.

Everyone turns to see Ra’s on the floor with Slade standing in front of him. Ra’s is not yet defeated. He quickly stands up and attacks Slade. She hears Prince Jason cursing and growling before joining the fight. It is a fierce battle, two powerful knights against the Demon Head.

“It is not over, you hear me Timoti!” Ra’s yells out, “I will kill all of them then I will kill you!”

That got several people moving all at once. Some of them help with the fight, others shield Tim from the old Lord’s view. Tim is still feeling off from falling that she can not really make out who is doing what.

She hears Kon groans beside her then immediately Kaiserrin Lois kneels beside her step-son and offers reassurance while the Physician tends to him. “Conner…” she tries to reach out to give him her reassurance but hisses when the movement jostles her wound.

“Do not move, Tim” her mom kneels beside her, helping her get into a more comfortable position. Steph kneels beside her and starts to tend Tim’s wound. Even though she is not a physician she is still a Brown. So she knows how to do first aid.

The battle ends as Ra’s kneels down clutching his abdomen.

Tim looks up to see that King Bruce, Luke, and Princess Cassandra have helped. The Princess is currently helping Prince Jason while Luke sits down clutching his arm... The King stands next to Slade who wears an absolutely manic grin. “You really think that you can win against the little missy? Arrogant as ever I see, Ra’s. I told you it will be your downfall”

Ra’s curses something in the League dialect which makes Prince Damian scoffs.

King Bruce ties him up, ignoring the protest from his son’s grandfather. “Lady Tim, since he has attacked you, I think it is fair for you to be the one to decide his punishment,” the King growls out.

Tim feels glad that she thought to invite the Waynes to blend in with the crowd disguised as servants and knights (except Prince Damian who got an official invite from Colin). She hates seeing them but she knows that she can not win this alone. They are excellent fighters and Tim really needs all hands on deck to protect the people who can not fight. With them being here, they can protect other guests so they will not get caught in the crossfire. Now, seeing Ra’s tied up like this, she feels even more glad since she is sure that without them as reinforcement Ra’s wouldn’t be as easily defeated.

“Bruce, I don’t think that-” Tim cuts the Crown Prince immediately before he ruins Tim’s feelings of gratitude towards them.

“Slade, you remember our deal?” Tim stands up despite others’ protests. She shoulders the Crown Prince and Jaime to stand directly in front of Ra’s. 

“Tim!”

“Señora, stay behind!”

Tim raises her hand to silence their pleas and other people’s protests. “The second term…I… I want you to help me… defeat someone… in the future” she grits out feeling pain flare even more intensely. She does not care. She waits so long for this moment. “Do you remember the reward for this term?”

Slade frowns but then it clicks and his eye turns deadly. His grip on his sword tightens. “You will tell me her killer”

Ra’s seems to catch on to what is going on, “How…?”

Tim savors the look of fear crossing Ra’s face. Oh, if only she can make him beg, that will complete her. Alas, she has to be satisfied with his fear. Tim knows that she will not hold on long. She just fall from the second story after fighting Ra’s Al Ghul. She is going to collapse in a couple of minutes.

Not before I see his expression

“Oh, Ra’s, Slade is right… Arrogance is your downfall” Tim chides him, “You think you are untouchable, undefeatable. But here you are kneeling in front of me, beaten up like a dog.”

“You wench! I will kill you, mark my word, I will kill you and everyone you held dear!” he tries to be intimidating but Tim can see the fear in his eyes. His ninjas are defeated, he is tied up, and he is surrounded by Tim’s ally. He knows he lost already.

Ah, this is how it feels to finally get your revenge Tim muses.

“Who is it?” Slade demands, “Who killed my wife?” he looks furious. Tim looks him in the eye before putting her full attention on Ra’s.

“He is kneeling right in front of me” 

And there. The expression Ra’s has as Slade roars and cut his head clean is the most satisfying thing Tim has ever seen. Before she knows it, she is laughing uncontrollably while tears stream down her face.

People seem hesitant getting close to her but she knows that they are hovering around her.

The head rolls to a stop just in front of her feet. She looks down at the petrified look of Ra’s Al Ghul that will be forever frozen in time. She stops laughing. She spits at his head then says, “Rot in hell you old creep”

As if a weight just lifted out of her chest, Tim falls backward gasping. The Crown Prince catches her before the world turns dark once again.


Tim feels like she is falling into a dark abyss. She feels the wind breeze past her as she descends further.

Ah, it’s dark 

She remembers what happens. Ra’s threat. Tim making a calculated plan. Jaime and Bart agreed to help her. Conner trusted her as he hugged her. Steph reluctant nod. The party. Falling down the balcony. Slade.

He decapitated Ra’s Al Ghul Tim thinks he avenged his wife. 

She feels pressure on her left hand, like something traping it. It squeezes a couple of times before the barest hint of touch at the back of her hand. It’s soft.

I saved the people I love. I saved them from time and from Ra’s

There is a whisper of her name. Once. Then again. And again.

Multiple voices echoing in the abyss. Tim strains to hear all of them but Tim can hear a couple of familiar ones. There is the sound of someone crying as he calls Tim’s name that sounds like Colin. There are the heartbroken whispers of her name that must come from her mom. There is someone yelling, begging her to wake up followed by a scream that Stephanie can only achieve. There are a couple of others as well. Jaime. Bart. Luke. Lady Samantha. The Baroness. The Waynes.

Tim ignores all of them. She closes her eyes as she let the darkness consume her. She is falling and it feels right.

I saved the people I love. Not a bad way to end the day.

Then as her vision starts to darken one voice stood up amongst others. “Tim, I need you to come back to me” it is whispered softly but she can hear it loud and clear. The words seem to beg her but the voice, the voice sounds hopeful.

Tim falls faster than she feels herself colliding with the bottom of the abyss.

Hope .

She wakes up with a gasp. A harsh painful gap that leads to painful coughing. She sits up immediately but a hand holds her shoulder back to lay back on the bed. Tim groans, weakly trying to sit up again when the same voice says, “Baby, don’t sit up yet”

Tim opens her eyes to see the most vibrant blue she has ever seen. “Conner?”

Conner’s eyes are filled with tears as a sob broke out from between his lips. He moves Tim’s hand on his closer to his face, kissing the knuckle once before engulfing Tim in a hug, “Oh, Pretty Bird, oh, I thought I lost you- I thought-” Conner is crying and somehow it feels like a memory a long time ago when they are in this exact same position.

“...What if you did not move fast enough? What if he did not hesitate? I could have lost you, Tim, I could-”

“I was reckless” Tim whispers, “I’m sorry I broke my promise, Kon”

Conner looks up in confusion, “What?”

“Tim?” there is a voice barely audible from where her sofa is located. “Tim? Are you-” Tim turns her head slightly to see Prince Damian sitting up on the sofa, his eyes unfocused from sleep and puffy from tears. On his lap is Colin who seems to still be asleep. His eyes are also puffy.

“Dami…” Tim finds herself calling. Then the little prince stands up, waking Colin in the process, to launch himself into Tim’s bed. 

“Tim! You-you are awake!” he cries out. Tim tries her best not to groan but she fails. The prince moves a little while apologizing but he does not let go. “You are awake!” he cries into her shoulder.

Before Tim can answer, a second body climbs in and hugs her other side. Tim sees the redhead and kisses it. Colin cries at the gesture, sobbing and giving out heartbreaking cries that make Tim tighten her hold.

“You-you sc-scare us! You were-you were hurt!” he yells against her neck, “Dami-Damian and I… Damian and I were so woooorrrriiiieeeeddd!!”

Both of Tim’s shoulders are absolutely drenched in tears and snot from both teenagers. She whispers reassurance to them while holding them through their tears. She locks eyes with Conner who also crying.

“How long was I…?”

“It’s been a week since Tim” Conner moves to put his hand on top of Tim’s where she placed it behind Colin’s back. “You… you fainted right after Ra’s dead. We… Physician Brown says it’s just the shock that made you sleep for so long but we were afraid that you were not going to wake up after the third day”

“Oh,” Tim manages to say, “Are you okay? You were hurt too”

Conner smiles at her but he still looks sad. He kisses Tim between her eyes, “Oh, my Pretty Pretty Bird… such a kind soul. I am fine, now that you are awake”

Tim tries to suppress her sob but fails when Conner gently wipes the tears away with the pad of his thumb. “I love you”

Conner’s eyes widen a fraction before they brighten.

“I love you Kon-El, I love you so much” Tim grabs Conner by the back of his neck then gently guides him for a kiss. The KronPrinz makes a noise of surprise before relaxing and starts to press his lips into Tim’s.

The kiss is soft and Tim can not help but smile into it. They stop and part for a moment before they lean in again for a second kiss. They both are smiling so much into the kiss. The kiss quickly turns from chaste to a deeper kiss. Tim hums into it as Conner cups her cheek, tilting Tim’s head to deepen it even more.

When there is a hint of the tongue, Tim whimpers a little. However, before thing escalates, Conner groans and moves away. Tim looks at him in confusion when she sees him slumping on the side of the bed while clutching his stomach.

“That’s what you get for being a pervert!” Colin yells at Conner, elbow at an angle that suggests he was the culprit behind Conner’s misery.

“Tt, an absolute disgrace” Prince Damian sneers from her other side, “How dare you sully the Lady’s honor before the wedding!”

Both of them glares at Conner while still cuddled up close to Tim. Conner glares at them from his position kneeling on the floor. “She is about to be my wife. I can have a little kiss”

Colin gasps scandalize, “You fiend! You dishonor my sister and you do not bother to apologize!”

“As I said, she is soon to be my wife, a little kiss is fine considering the situation” Conner stands up, rubbing at the sore spot on his side. “I am going to take responsibility anyway”

Prince Damian sits up, hands still holding onto Tim’s sleeping gown. “That is it! I challenge you to a duel for my sister’s honor! I can not stand such disrespect over her virtue!”

“I challenge you as well!” Colin sits up as well. He grabs Tim’s hands to pull it into his lap, “If you lose, you have to end this engagement, and let us take that tongue of yours as compensation for defiling her!”

At that Tim sits up and circles her arms on both of their waists lest they launch themselves to fight Conner. “Okay, no one is taking anyone’s tongue and issuing a challenge for my honor” she brings them closer then kisses both their head, “Do not fret, if the KronPrinz has wronged me, I am more than capable to fight him myself”

Prince Damian seems to agree, recalling the fight with his grandfather. Colin still throws a deadly glare towards Conner and threatens him to not do anything discourteous. Conner’s lips tilt up a little in amusement before agreeing.

After both teenagers settle once again on both Tim’s sides, Conner informs her about her visitors so far. He said that both mom and Steph are asleep in their chamber after spending the day in Tim’s room. Jaime and Bart are in the library writing something to help ‘welcome Tim into her new role’. ( Tim makes a mental note to explain to Conner about that and tell him about her time traveling).

There are several other visitors but most of them retired to their own place after the third day since they have their own responsibility.

The Wayne comes to visit after mom has given them permission to come to Bristol. Conner does not tell her about what happened other than all the Waynes came and sit beside her bed for the first time in her entire life.

Conner does not elaborate and does not point out Tim’s tears. Tim is immensely glad about it.

“I should probably go and wake the others” Conner announces, “They have been waiting to see you wake up”

Tim nods her agreement and watches Conner stands up from the chair beside her bed. He stares at her for a moment before leaning down. At both teenagers’ warning growl he does not lean as close as Tim would like him to.

“I am glad you come back to me, Love” Conner whispers, “I am glad that I can have you back”

Silent tears ran down her cheek. For Tim, it was ages ago that Conner asked for her hand only to die without fulfilling his promise. It was ages ago that Tim wishes to be able to see Conner one last time.

Now, Conner is alive. Everyone who was supposed to be dead is alive. Tim is now living the life she wished she had in her first life. She is now surrounded by the people she loved counting the days she is to be wed to the love of her life.

It seems like ages ago when she woke up suddenly fifteen again planning to change the future. Now, she is here living that future.

She leans to peck Conner’s lips, earning a disgruntled squawk from her sides. She giggles as Conner’s face brightens. She gives him a wink as she closes both of the teens’ eyes. Conner immediately swoops in for another kiss.

Conner whispers into her ear, deliberately squeezing Colin between their bodies. “Me too” she answers.

Conner gives her a grin as he runs towards the door. Colin and the Third Prince move her hands so they can see again and protest loudly at the KronPrinz. Prince Damian curses him as the Heir of Krypton closes the door with a laugh.

Both teens immediately try to persuade Tim to leave the KronPrinz. They beg as they point out how Conner has disrespected the social rules. Tim listens to them while holding both of them close to her. She tries her best to counter their argument but her mind is still stuck on the words that Conner whispered to her ears.

“I can’t wait to spend the rest of my life with you”

And in this timeline, Tim believes they will.

Notes:

I have fun making Tim unhinged for a minute there hahaha Tim should be more like that, I think.

This chapter is the most fun and tedious to write since I based this on Red Robin #12 so I tried to be true to the source while maintaining the storyline. There are also too many characters here and I kept losing track of all of them hahaha.
For the end part, I planned to just have Conner there but I can't help putting Colin and Damian there... I love them so much and them being a cockblock is hilarious to me so I put it in at the end :)

Next chapter is epilogue and a time skip!

Chapter 47: Chapter 37: Epilogue

Chapter Text

Three years later…

Tim is softly humming a tune Grand Duchess Janet always sings whenever she wakes up from a nightmare. Tim does not remember the lyrics anymore, however, the tune is soothing so she hums it to calm herself.

She found out that humming works wonders for her current condition. So she hums it even though her brain refuses to remember the lyrics.

There is a knock on her door, she invites them in thinking that it will be her husband. A set of blue eyes the same blue as the sky peak out from the gap between the door. However it is not Conner, but Prinz Jon. Tim smiles and gives a nod as permission for him to enter.

Prinz Jon grins at her before slithering into the room, making sure that he does not make any noise. Tim raises her eyebrow at that, “Running away, My Star?”

The Prinz gives her a sheepish smile and a shrug. He walks to the rocking chair Tim is in and kneels down beside her. It used to make Tim panic, seeing the Prinz kneeling down in front of her. However, one thing the Els inherited from the patriarch is stubbornness. After a couple of times trying and failing to make the Prinz stand up, Tim just gives up.

“We are going to read about the geopolitical standing of the Lantern Republic and the Queen Empire for today’s lesson” Prinz Jon whispers softly, his hands reaching out to grab the edge of the rocking chair. “I already know about it because Sir Colin had told me when I visited him and Prince Damian a week ago”

Tim hums, “You three talked about politics now?”

“Unintentionally, yeah” the Prinz puts his hands on Tim’s stomach after Tim gives a gentle nod, “Hello, Ari-El, it’s me Uncle Jon” he whispers softly into her stomach.

Tim hums, “It could still be Val-El”

“Noooooo” the teenager whines as he rubs a small circle into her stomach, “It’s a girl, I just knew it. Dad agrees with me!”

“Well, Conner and Kaiserin Lois think it’s a boy. Val-El. Chris Kent”

Prinz Jon shakes his head, “No, her name is Ari-El. Ariana Kent” Tim laughs at the pout display on the Prinz’s face. “Dad says that it’s been a while since a girl is born into the Royal family and since he has managed to change the rule of the successor, even if this baby is a girl she can still inherit the throne after Kon becomes Kaiser. So it has to be a girl!”

“Well, I am still a little over five months along, so we still have a couple of months before we can see whether or not the baby is Ari or Val”

“It’s Ari, I can feel it,” Prinz Jon says with such determination that makes Tim snorts. He grins at her then kisses her stomach, “You agree with Uncle Jon right, Ari? Our precious little Princess, the first Heiress in Krypton history. Our sweet little Ari-El”

“He's a boy and his name is Val-El” Conner’s voice startles both Tim and Prinz Jon. They turn to see the KronPrinz entering the room. His face looks soft for a moment, taking in the scene before he frowns at his little brother. “Your Governess is looking for you, Jonathan”

The young Prinz groans, he places his head on Tim’s stomach. “Why can’t she leave me alone? I am bonding with my niece”

“Nephew” Kon says, “And she can’t leave you alone because she is ordered to teach you. Go sees her before you send her into a panic attack.”

Prinz Jon whimpers then brighten up when he feels a kick. “Oh! Oh! Ari doesn’t want me to go. You want Uncle Jon to stay here with you forever, right Ari?”

Kon rolls his eyes as his little brother proceeds to coo at Tim’s bump. Conner takes a seat next to Tim nudging the Prinz with his knee without any response. The Prinz is still stubborn as he plastered his face onto Tim’s stomach.

“Jon, I am serious go and study before Lois finds out you skip again”

“But Conneeeer, if I study I can’t spend time with my niece” he whines.

“You know who else you can’t spend time with if the Kaiserin knows you are skipping class?” Kon raises his eyebrow at the pouting teen, “That Nakamura boy from the Royal paper, The Truth”

That threat makes the Prinz stands up hastily, face bright red as he sputters an excuse and runs to find his teacher. Tim and Kon laugh at the Prinz adorable crush before they end up cuddling. It is awkward since there are chairs separating them but they make it work.

Conner starts to rubs at Tim’s baby bump, smile getting wider the more the baby kicks at his hand. Though, he is full-on laughing after Tim groans when the kick hits her ribs. “Settle down, baby, do not hurt your mom too much now”

Her husband says something more in Kryptonian. Tim has been learning Kryptonian ever since she married and came to live with the Royal family. However, she only managed to learn the Official Kryptonian language used nationally by the citizens. Krypton is known to have many dialects from different regions of the Kingdom.

Some dialects are easier to understand because they are many similarities, others, however, are harder since they share very few similarities. For example, the dialect Conner used to talk to their child. Conner’s maternal family, the Luthors, comes from the south region of Krypton that borders closely with Tamaran. Therefore, the dialect has a lot of Tamaran influence mixed in it.

Though Tim manages to get a couple of words such as ‘love’, ‘grow up’, ‘trouble’, and ‘heir’.

“Do you really want it to be a son?” Tim found herself asking, “I mean, the Kaiser has made sure that even if we have a daughter she will be the Heiress. Should our firstborn should be a son, after all?”

“Pretty Bird, hey, I don’t care if our first child will be Ari-El or Val-El or someone in between, as long as you and the baby are healthy after, I am content” Kon cups Tim’s chin. Tim knows that he is thinking about his mother Former Kaiserrin Alexandra who becomes weak after giving birth to Conner and dies when he was four “Honestly, I just say boy to rile up Clark. He really wants a granddaughter. Mom used to say that he really wants a daughter after me, but since she was sick Dad didn’t want to force her to get pregnant again”

Conner sighs as he kisses Tim’s temple. “I do not care about the gender of our child. I only care that both you and the child will still be with me when the pregnancy is over”

Tim shifts to gather her husband into her arms. Conner rarely talks about his mother since everyone, including Tim, thought that he was too young to remember much about the Former Moon of Krypton. Looks like he remembers more than he let people believe he does.

“I will take care of my health, Kon, I promise” Tim whispers, “No, more complaining about the taste of the medicine the Physician brought me”

Conner smiles at her, eyes reflecting a sadness Tim has never seen before “Thank you”

Tim smiles back, trying to ease the atmosphere back. She places her hand on top of Conner’s then begins to wonder out loud, “It will be nice to have a baby with your mother’s hair”

“Red hair? Colin will be delighted to have a niece or nephew with the same hair color as him”

“Yeah, I know” Tim hums, “Maybe not Colin’s red though, it’s gorgeous but I always think amber will be more suitable with Els's signature blue eyes”

Conner chuckles, “If this child really gets red hair then they will be the first El to not have black or blond hair”

“And if it’s a girl then she will have so many firsts”

They fall back into silence, occasionally cooing at their child who kicks and turns inside her belly. They begin to talk about the preparation the Els made to welcome the new member of their family. The Kaiser has made so many arrangements that will help ease the life of his future grandchild. The Kaiser who is adamant that it will a girl, has made new rules to make sure that she will be able to succeed the Throne and other rules to make sure no one can contest it.

The Kaiserin has spent weeks choosing fabrics, renovating the old nursery, and commissioning toys for the Royal baby. The Prinz has been spending too much time in Tim’s room and skipping too many lessons.

“In his defense, this time he said he has discussed the topic with Colin and Prince Damian. I believe since both Colin and Prince Damian have officially taken succession class, their discussion is more politically inclined these days.”

Conner hums, “Speaking of, how are they? I remember you said that Prince Damian is going back to Nanda Parbat to join a ritual of succession?”

“Yes, since he is now 15 his claim to the position of Demon Head is acknowledged. According to the tradition, any of his siblings or cousins can issue a duel to take over the position. He told me in his letter that his cousin Mara has issued a challenge. That is why he will be leaving this month to accept the challenge but he will be back in time for the birth”

“He is coming to see the birth?” Conner’s eyes widen.

“Yes, Prince Damian will come with Colin, Jaime, and Bart. Mom will probably come here two months before I am due. Luke and Lady Barbara will probably come later since Madeline is still too young to travel far. Even Slade mentioned that he will come to see me, though I am not sure whether after or before birth” Tim feels giddy thinking about meeting everyone again. “Steph has been busy helping Kaiserin Lois with welcoming the baby but I know that she misses Bristol. That is why she will be leaving for Bristol a month before I am due and come back with the boys to help with the birth”

“I know for a fact that Bristol is not the only thing she misses” Conner snorts, “Word from the vine that she is getting closer with Princess Cassandra. I mean closer like you and I used to”

Tim smiles, “Who knows that Steph will be married into the Wayne? Though, Steph always find the First Princess to be more tolerable”

“I heard that the King purposed to Lady Kyle”

“Selina Kyle?”

“Yes, the seamstress. Lois gushes about how cute they are together yesterday when we have lunch together” Conner rolls his eyes as he remembers the way his step-mother talks about the pair.

“I never would have thought that he will settle down after all this year. He used to be so taken by his Kingdom that he never had time to think about pursuing a romantic relationship” Tim rubs at the spot where her child is currently kicking the most. During a time like this, the child is awake and active. A blessing, Kaiserin Lois says, since Tim will not be awakened at midnight because the child decided to be active then.

“Well, I guessed time changes a person. The Waynes are changing, not just the King. The Crown Prince has someone too. The Second Prince’s reputation has become better. He becomes less violent, they said. The First Princess is spending more time with the family and the Third Prince’s manner has been deemed the epitome of nobility by Gotham” Conner places his hand at the same spot Tim places her hands.

Just like that, the baby settles down. “Time did change people”

“Yes, I was told that the Former Second Princess is now this brave and confident person who realizes what love is and currently spending the rest of her life being happy with the most handsome, the bravest, and the most amazing person, the KronPrinz of Krypton. They said, that they are a match made from the star” Conner grins, eyebrows moving up and down exaggeratedly.

Tim giggles at her husband’s expression. “Oh, really? Is that what people have been talking about? That the Former Second Princess is with the KronPrinz?”

“Yes, they say their love is special. That it will be immortalized to be the most romantic relationship in the history of the continent of Justice. People will look back and wonder if they are lucky enough to have what they have”

Tim is smiling so widely, “Oh, I wish my husband and I can have a fraction of what they have”

“Oh, My Love, your husband will give you a thousand times more” Conner kisses Tim softly on the lips, then her nose, then her eyelids, and lastly her forehead, “I will give you that and more”

Tim reaches out to grab Conner at the back of his head and brings him in for another kiss. It never fails to make Tim’s heart warm. Conner teases his tongue a little, then gives gentle bites on Tim’s lower lips. Tim whimpers. She tightens her hold on Conner’s hair, earning a groan from her husband.

“Okay, we need to stop” Conner pushes away to catch his breath. “I still have meetings I need to attend. It will be bad if you make me too excited before meeting with Representative Anita. She will tease me for it and before long Cassie and Greta will find out and join in the teasing”

“They are not that bad” Tim tries to defend her friends.

“Oh, Pretty Bird, they are” Conner stands up. He straightens his clothing and smooths out her hair, “Now that Bart has been introduced to them, before long they will exchange letters talking about how I can not get my hands off you long enough to do my responsibility.”

Tim groans as she tries to stand up only to be gently pushed back by Conner, “I want to see you out the door”

“Do not worry, I can see myself out” Conner kisses her forehead again, “You just stay here until Stephanie comes with your tea. No need to strain yourself, My Love”

Usually, Tim will protest whenever Conner becomes a little bit overprotective about her condition. However, his face when he talks about his wish to see Tim and the baby alive after the pregnancy ends still lingers in the back of her eyes. She ends up letting the KronPrinz fusses at her.

“I will see you at dinner?” Tim asks as the Heir walks out the door.

He pauses to turn back to Tim and gives her the happiest smile she has ever seen, “See you at dinner” with that the KronPrinz closes the door. Tim looks out of the window and begins to rock the chair.

She hums the lullaby once again, feeling her child moving and turning inside. “Can’t wait to see you, baby. Mommy and Daddy love you so much”

She smiles when she received a kick to the ribs as a response. She continues to hum. She feels grateful that she is able to have this future, a future where she is married to Kon and waiting for their child. A future where she has people who support and love her. And sure there is a downside to being a Nexus such as being unable to make an impactful change into this current timeline which makes her doing her responsibility as the KronPrinzessin a little difficult. However, Conner is more than happy to help Tim make the final decision as long as Tim is able to come up with two options and hints on which one she wants to be implemented.

It’s cheating, the Scarab said. A loophole they exploit maximally. Though it is quite a headache to make sure they work within the loophole, it is worth it.

“Hey, little baby El, Mommy may not be the most decisive parent in your future. Mommy can not help much in shaping your future. It’s not that I won’t but I can’t. The universe makes me unable to. Mommy has to sacrifice that in order to have you” Tim whispers softly into her belly, “But you know what? It’s worth it. Mommy will do it all over again if it means that Mommy can have your Daddy and can have you. Mommy will always be by your side sweetheart, it will be tough but we can go through it together. You, Mommy, Daddy, and all our friends and families”

Tim closes her eyes as she imagines what the future may hold.

Chapter 48: Special Chapter: Untold Stories from the Past

Summary:

Some untold stories from Tim's first life

Notes:

These are just short dialogues that happen in Tim's first life. The dialogues don't happen in the exact order in the timeline.

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

“This is it! I was right! Bruce, he’s alive! I need to tell Ra’s!”

“..Woah! Boss, what’s the rush?”

“I found the evidence that he’s trapped in time! We need to go to Nanda Parbat now-”

“Argh!!”

“Who are yo- arrrgh!”

“Z! Owen!”

“Shit! Boss, watch out!”

“Assasins… I am the Widower. Please… try to put up a fight”

“*growl*Pru be careful!”

“Shit! Shit! Agh!”

“Pru!! Ugh!”

“The Council of Spiders thanks you for your participation in the game”


“I’m sorry for asking you this. I would have gone myself if I could but-”

“You just woke up from a comma Luke, you should not go on a long journey so soon”

“I know… is just- I can’t… I don’t think I can really rest while not knowing Tim’s whereabouts, Tam… I promised to always be there for here but…”

“Hey, it’s not your fault, you were in a comma. *sigh* her disappearance was kept secret by the Royal family for too long, we didn’t know what have happened to force her to leave so don’t beat yourself up about it”

“I…”

“It’s okay Luke, I will bring her home”


“Ah, such a shame. I have planned great things for her”

“Do you want me to pursue her attacker, My Lord?”

“No, do not bother. Let’s not waste our resources for a failure”

“Understood Master”

“Lord Ra’s we have found the other two bodies. It looks like they have been killed quickly. There is no sign of them fighting back”

“*sigh* Ubu, remind me to modify the training regime for our recruit. This kind of failure should be eradicated immediately”

“Yes, Master Ra’s”

“Hmm, it is quite a shame for such potential to die…. bring her body back with us and dunk it into the Pit”

“Master?”

“I have planned for a great future with my perfect Heir, Ubu. I will see to it that it comes to be”


“What do you mean you don’t know where she’s gone to!?”

“I mean, she was just gone, Babs! She just left one day!”

“And you did nothing to find her!? It’s been six months and you still did nothing to find her!?”

“...you don’t understand Babs, I have a lot going on right now. I am currently busy with the-”

“You have knights that you could send to search for her! You have people that could help you search for her! You are the King now Dick! One word from you and they will go to the end of the Earth to find her!”

“...I am having a lot on my plate right now Babs! I have a Kingdom to rule! We just recovered from the war! The people of Gotham need my full attention right now! Not to mention Damian! He needs me-”

“She needed you too, Dick! She- *growls*”

“Babs, please… I can’t…”

“You never changed! This is the exact same thing happening all over again!”

“...what are you talking about?”

“This is exactly the same with Jason! When he was gone, I came to you, begging for help to find him! I told you that as the leader of Titans you have the power to grant permission for expeditions! I came to you, the morning I found his room empty, begging at you Dick! But you told me you were busy! You told me that you have too much on your plate! And you remember what happened after that!?”

“...”

“He got killed! He got killed and I can’t walk anymore, Dick! The King only realizes a week after he was gone! And he was too late! I was too late! I- *sob* I was his personal knight! And I failed him! You were his brother and you failed him!”

“...Babs, I-”

“Are you going to keep being an asshole and let Tim die too!? Are you going to fail her too!?”


“...Fox what is this?”

“This is the Second Princess’ corpse, Your Highness. I found her body being preserved in a Lazarus Pit in Nanda Parbat”

“....no, she… but she *gasp* she wasn’t supposed to be dead…”

“But she is, she’s gone for months. I thought that I could at least bring her body back to be buried in the Drake’s family grave”

“....she’s cold… she’s… Drake? Drake! Wake up!”

“Third Prince, she’s dead. She can’t-”

“Drake! You can’t die! You can’t! You said you will be back with Father! Where is he now Drake! *sob* Drake!”

“....”

“No… no… no… WAKE UP DRAKE!!”

“Damian!? What happe- …. Tim?”

“My King, I have come with the Second Princess’ corpse. We are resting here before heading to Bristol-”

“*kneels* Tim? Is she- no… no… no!! She isn’t *crying* NO!!”

“...you, please send a message to Fox Duchy and Bristol about the situation please”

“TIIIIMMM!!!!”


“You are leaving?”

“....”

“Cass, you just… you just got here. Why are you leaving?”

“*sigh* I am sorry Tim”

“Cass, you can’t leave! What about Gotham? Jason is trying to kill Dick! You can’t just leave!”

“Bruce is dead… I… I need time to think”

“You are going to let Jason take over the Crown?”

“...”

“If you are leaving then take me with you”

“*sigh* Tim, you know I can’t”

“Of course, you can! Please, take me, Cass”

“....”

“You said you are my sister but why are you leaving me?”

“...I’m sorry Tim”


“I can’t seem to get through her, Alfred. She does not listen to reason”

“The Second Princess has just lost a father figure, Your Majesty, not long ago she lost her lover. Before that her two best friends. It is quite a toll to have, I believe”

“I understand, but a normal person will not try to convince others that the dead are alive”

“I must say we already experienced it once. Who’s to say we can’t experience it twice?”

“*groan* Jason is different! His body is there in his grave! Bruce does not even have a trace of anything! There is no body to ressurect! It is not the same!”

“...”

“She is a danger to herself Alfred *sigh* perhaps she will benefit from being admitted to Arkham. She will receive help there”

“....”

“...please prepare the necessary documents Alfred”

“Very well, Your Majesty”


“Daddy, why are Mommy and Uncle Bruce fighting again?”

“Er, well, sweetheart… Mommy Janet and King Bruce have a misunderstanding in the past”

“Misunstaning?”

“Mis-under-stan-ding, which means… um, which means that they failed to tell each other that they love each other”

“But if they love each other why are they shouting Daddy?”

“Um, ah, God, where is Dana when you need her?”

“Daddy? Why are they shouting Daddy?”

“Okay, when your Mommy and King Bruce are young, they have a fight because King Bruce went and befriended some bad guys. Janet only wanted to make sure King Bruce was fine after being involved with the Al Ghuls, while King Bruce… well, he thought that’s the only way to protect the last of his family”

“Daddy, I don’t understand *whine*”

“*chuckle* That’s because you are still young, baby”

“But I am a big girl Daddy!”

“Okay, you are a big girl *chuckle* you are the smartest girl in the world”

“*nod* I am Daddy!”

“Promise me you will not make bad choices like King Bruce and go to the Al Ghuls? And promise me that you will not be manipulative like your Mommy Janet? Promise me that you will communicate with people you love?”

“I promise Daddy!”

“That’s my baby girl”

Notes:

And that is the end of this story!! What a journey... Thank you to all of you who have been following this story until this last chapter❤️❤️ Thank you for those who commented ❤️❤️ Your comments fuel me and help to make writing this story a fun and wonderful experience❤️❤️ This story has so many positive responses and I enjoy reading all the comments each week!! They all make me extremely happy!!

This story is finished but I had made it into a series since I do have some extra chapters that I didn't put because of pacing, because I am not satisfied with how it turned out, and because of other reasons. There are chapters from other side characters' perspectives (Colin, Bernard, and Dana). There is also a side story about Luke and Barbara that I cut from Luke's POV. I will post them eventually and if you want to read them, you can look forward to stories that I posted for this series!

Once again thank you for supporting this story by reading and commenting. It has been a wonderful experience. Stay healthy and take care everyone ❤️❤️❤️

Series this work belongs to: