Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warnings:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Stats:
Published:
2021-06-08
Words:
950
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
1
Kudos:
36
Bookmarks:
1
Hits:
647

Hugging You

Summary:

Amy dealing with Jake being in prison

Notes:

Hey so this is my first work for Brooklyn 99 but I was wacthing the big house with my mom cause I'm making her wacth the show and I know theres probs a crap ton of fics like this but I really wanted to write one so I did.
I changed like minor time deatails deal with it
I do also have a peraltiago playlist on apple music if you wanna listen to it that'd be cool just look up peraltiago on there my users katielally so yeah

enjoy :)

Work Text:

The days without Jake were long but the nights managed to be longer. At least during the day she could distract herself with work but at night she was alone in their apartment, in their bedroom looking at their things. She stared at the ceiling praying sleep would take her until he was home oh how Amy wanted him home.

Her mind wandered to Johnny and Dora, killing their captain, his actual Die Hard situation. How he always could calm her down, buy her hot chocolate and perogies on her hardest longest days. When she told him she loved him and at first he remained Jake but his eyes softened, clutched her hands harder as they danced and said it back. Their bets, how he hunted all over for her so she could take the sergeants exam and did everything he could to help her. When they’d watch HGTV snuggled on the couch and her head would drop on to his shoulder as she fell asleep then he’d carry her to bed.

But now if she fell asleep on the couch she woke up on the couch usually from a nightmare about what could be happening to him, however instead of him soothing her from the nightmare he just cried. She felt so helpless. Everyone around her was trying to help even Gina and as much as she appreciated it she just wanted him.

After the phone call she had with him when he told her “everythings fine, I'm talking to you.” She fell apart. It was only 1 o’clock but Holt told her to go home that she wasn’t fit to work. She listened but didn’t put up a fight. She was physically and mentally exhausted.

When she got home she grabbed one of his hoodies, it still smelled like him. After flopping into their bed she lost it, the tears and pain just taking her. She decided finally to get up and an attempt to clean the apartment was no were near messy but she needed to distract herself.

She pulled up her phone and opened spotify just to put something on in the background. However a playlist catches her eye “Jake and Amy” it breaks her a little more it had been a collaborative playlist they’d made together songs reminding them of the other. She decides to hit shuffle, maybe it could be a little piece of him entering back in.

However the first song to play was “Hugging You” by Tom Rosenthal and she broke again. When he got back from Florida, and she finally allowed herself to break down in front of him. He admitted to playing the song thinking of her. So when it began playing her knees started growing weak and she could feel herself falling against the couch.

The next song was “Conversations in the DarK” by John Legend. He'd put this on and they would dance around the living room.

However halfway through the song she got a call from Holt. “Santiago we have a lead you need to get to the precinct now” “I’m on my way captain trying to sound like she hadn’t just been crying for what felt like hours on end. She slid off Jake's hoodie, quickly brushed her hair and put on the first functioning pair of shoes she could find.

Driving as fast as legally allowed and Brooklyn traffic allowed she got there. What is the lead she said, basically sprinting. “The diamonds are in the bigs” Terry and Holt screamed back to her. “Wait what lets go” she shouted, already turning back.

“NYPD FREEZE!” And there Hawkins was being dragged to jail at long last. “My Jakes coming home, I have to go, I have to get to South Carolina. “I’ll come to” she could hear Charles. “No Boyle, I think we should let Santiago go alone.” “Thank you Captain” she said, turning around getting back to their apartment as fast as she could.

Holt promptly emailed her the tickets for the flight and she quickly put anything she could need changed her outfit including Jake's hoodie hoping he would find it endearing and not creepy. She got in the car deciding to put music on specifically their playlist however compared to a few hours ago this time was celebratory. Once on the plane she continued the playlist it kept her from getting more impatient than she already was.

The plane landed at 5:32 a.m. and Jake's release was set for 8:30 a.m so she had about two hours before she decided she needed to be at the prison. She stopped to grab breakfast, ate it, then decided to get her rental car and head to the prison putting the playlist back on; she couldn’t help herself.

Once she got there the waiting area was grey and kinda dark but she couldn’t feel brighter the love of her life was finally coming home. She fidgeting with the strings of the sweatshirt waiting and waiting. After what felt like an eternity she heard footsteps, specifically his sneakers her heart thumped faster and faster.

Then she saw him. She felt her legs fly off the chair then she was in arms , head buried into his shoulder breathing his scent, her tears falling onto his shoulder, his on to hers. Kissing him had the feeling of coming home even though they were still miles away.

“You’re wearing my hoodie, huge nerd.” All she managed to do was cry harder into him. “I missed you” “not as much as I missed you” he shot back “tie” “tie.” “Let's go home” “Jake I already am home.” “Damn Santiago, me being gone made you that corny.”