Actions

Work Header

To Thine Own Self Be True

Chapter Text


To Thine Own Self Be True

Chapter 3


Two Years Later

Finally off work after finishing up another grueling case, Cullen opened the door to Alistair and Zevran’s pub. Cocktails and Cheese had been open for a little over a year now and was doing quite well in the little LGBTQA+ neighborhood in downtown Denerim. C&C is, and has been from the very beginning, welcoming to everyone regardless of their gender identity or sexual orientation. As long as you were accepting and affirming to others, you were welcome. 

Alistair was where he was meant to be, happily flipping bottles, dancing, and making drinks behind the bar with Zevran. After their first discussion two years prior, Alistair and Zevran spoke frequently about their gender fluidity. During one particular discussion, they both decided to step away from working for the police force and go back to school to learn how to flair-bartend. With Alistair’s extensive martial arts skills and Zevran’s breathtaking acrobatics, the duo decided to blend their existing talents with their new skills and open a bar together. It’s been a huge success.

Alistair’s eyes lit up when he saw Cullen heading for his usual spot at the bar. With an extra flourish and twirl, he passed the drink he was making off to Zevran and made his way over to Cullen, leaping his ass up onto the bar and leaned in for a kiss. 

Alistair was wearing a red and black plaid pleated skirt with gold accents in the striping and his usual unisex work t-shirt. He was gorgeous. It wasn’t just his outfit. Happiness emanated from his very smile, and Cullen couldn’t get enough of it. 

“Hey there, handsome,” Alistair said. “You come here often?”

Cullen chuckled, hauling Alistair the rest of the way over the top of the bar and settling him sideways across his lap. Smoothing out the skirt on Alistair’s thighs, Cullen placed another kiss on his lips. “I will be here every day if I get to see that smile on your face when I arrive.”

Alistair’s joyful laugh was music to his ears. 

“I’m so proud of you, you know that?”

“How so?” Alistair asked. 

“You took back your life, found a new calling, and turned it into this amazing business where people can all be true to themselves. I’ve never seen you look so happy.”

“I never could have done this without you. You know that, right?”

“Oh, I think you were definitely strong enough. But, I’m pleased that I’ve been able to come along on this journey with you. Just seeing you this happy and at home in your own skin makes it all worth it.” 

Alistair leaned in and placed an extra-long kiss on Cullen’s lips. “Maybe we should have named this place, To Thine Own Self Be True?”

Cullen laughed. “It would have worked. But, Cocktails and Cheese suits you much better.” 

“Are you saying that I’m cheesy?” 

“Only always, and I wouldn’t have you any other way.”

Notes:

Special thanks to Tatteredleaf for betaing for me and cheering me on. And to Raflesia65 for once again providing the gorgeous artwork you'll see in chapter two! (fans self) - soooo hot!