Actions

Work Header

Broken Dyad

Summary:

The story continues a year after the events in the rise of skywalker. I do hope you all enjoy!

Notes:

//Hey everyone! Glad to see you all liked my little teaser preview. Here is the full first chapter of my story. Just a reminder, this is the first time I've ever done anything like this since high school, which was back in 06/07. Anyways, hope you enjoy!

Dedicated to Nicole, I miss you

 

With the death of the last skywalker, the force and the galaxy have become imbalanced. The galaxy needs at least one blood relative of the Skywalker line to exist

Chapter Text

It's quiet....dark.

Wait, something isn't right....

Where am I?

Who am I?

 

Exegol. One year after the defeat of the emperor. A small team of rebel soldiers and researchers enter the sith temple, to investigate the reports of unusual activity coming from deep inside the dark structure. The reports came from the new rebel base that was set up not to far from here, saying that a deep pulsating humming sound could be heard coming from the temple and that the pulsing hum has slowly gotten faster and louder over the past few weeks.

As the team made there way inside, something new happened. The sound of the pulsing had changed tone from a deep humming to a high pitched ringing and began to pulse at a rapid pace, it was as if the temple was reacting to there presence. The sound had become so loud that the team couldn't help but cover there ears, but even in doing so, it could not help them relieve the excruciating pain it was causing them. The ground begins to shake. Elsewhere, in the room where the throne of the sith use to be, deep below the temple, in an underground chamber was the source of the anomaly. The air was visibly morphing, static electricity was sparking everywhere in time with the pulsing, becoming more violent, as the shaking of the ground became more intense.

Suddenly, the morphing of air and the electrical energy coming from it, seemed to condense into a small sphere, collapse in on itself, and then burst out in all directions in a fast blinding flash of light. The energy released instantly vaporizes the rebel team and nearly almost the entire temple itself, however the energy was not just confined to the temple and expanded outwards, and while not destroying it, did cause severe destruction to the rebel base. All had now become quite, aside from the alarms sounding in the damaged rebel base. The pulsing had stopped and the ground had stopped shaking, meanwhile back at the remains of the temple, a hand emerges from the rubble, then more fall away as a man crawls out and collapses face forward. The man weakly looks up, eyes unfocused and darkness slowly beginning to fill his vision, after hearing a fading muffled voice.

"Don't move, you must save your strength."

The man trembles and gasps weakly, the voice becoming more faint

"You must survive! Hold on, she is coming! She'll be here soon!"

No longer able to hold his head up, the man drops face first and passes out.

 

-Tatooine- Lars homestead

The twin suns of the desert planet had slowly begun to rise, breaking through the night time darkness. Out in the front of the home that once served as the home of Luke Skywalker, the new tenant Rey trains and practices with her lightsaber, going through the drills and exercises that her former teacher, Leia Organa had taught her. Her golden yellow blade cuts through and illuminates the fading darkness, her swinging and striking motions, moving with polished fluidity. After the twin suns had become more prominent in the sky, does Rey end her training, panting softly, she deactivates her saber and turns around to see BB8 rolling out the front door towards her. Rey smiles and walks towards the droid, clipping her lightsaber to her waist and kneels down to BB8's level.

"Good morning BB8. You ready to get the day started with me?"

BB8 let's out a series of excited beeps, then turns around and quickly rolls off to the maintenance garage. Rey let's out a small chuckle as she watches the little droid. She always had found BB8 and the way he got around to be one of the cutest things she has ever seen, at least when it came to droids. Rey follows after him, going into the garage, she sees BB8 gathering the machines she had repaired and then goes over to the tanks of water that she had farmed and beeps a question, to D0, who rolled out from behind the tanks and over to rey.

"Hello and good morning rey."

Rey kneels and gently pats D0's head and smiles brightly.

"Morning D0 you ready to help me and BB8?"

It had taken D0 a while to fully accept and become comfortable around Rey, but when he did, he and BB8 became a great team in keeping the place in good working condition. D0 doesn't respond to rey, but rolls past her and goes over to the moister farming machines to check to see if everything was working correctly. Rey stands up and starts securing some water tanks and the machinery that she had repaired for people living in town, to her speeder. Even though Rey had been well compensated for everything she did in the war, she kept those credits as a backup for an emergency, and felt like she needed to earn her living here.

After Rey had finished loading up the speeder, she walks it out of the garage and hops on it. She turns her head and looks at the horizon of the rising twin suns. She let's out a deep sigh, today was going to be a little difficult for her. Today marked one year exactly since the ending of the war, palpatine's defeat, but most of all the death of ben solo. The image of her kissing ben comes to her mind, the feeling of his lips on her, the feel of his skin on her fingers, but what stood out the most was his smile. God that smile. Seeing him smiling at her made her stomach feel like it was filled with butterflies, and that soft laugh he gave made her heart pound wildly in her chest, it was at that moment where she knew that she loved him. Rey loved him with every fiber of her being and more than she could ever possibly measure. When she felt Ben's lifeforce fade, along with his body, it felt like a piece of her had died along with him. It would make sense that she would feel that way, she and ben were a dyad, two that are...were one. Rey takes a sharp inhale, clears her throat and shakes her head lightly. She shouldn't dwell on it, especially today. She starts up her speeder, and turns around to D0 and BB8.

"I'll be back in a few hours you guys. When you get back inside contact finn and chewie and tell them to meet me back here. If they arrive before I get back let them inside to rest okay?"

D0 turns around and rolls towards the front door, with BB8 close behind after beeping his goodbye to Rey. She turns around and then speeds off towards town to sell the goods she was bringing with her, as she heads towards town, an odd feeling comes to her, a feeling like something was off. Rey couldn't quite figure it out, so she pushed out of her mind. A little after mid day, Rey begins to pack up to head back to the lars estate, but stops when she feels a familiar presence. She looks up and briefly scans the area, and smiles when she sees luke in the crowd. However something was wrong, luke would always usually have a smile on his face, but here he had a stern serious expression on this time, and it concerned her. Luke then speaks to her in her mind.

"Rey something has happened. You must go to exegol. There isn't-"

Luke is interrupted by what could only best be described as a series of shockwaves in the force. Rey grabs at both sides her head and drops to her knees. The pain she was feeling was excruciating, unlike anything she had ever felt or would even have expected she could even feel. She wants to scream, desperately so, but somehow manages to hold back. After a minute or two, the pain in her head suddenly stops. Rey let's out a pained gasp, panting heavily she stands back up and looks around for Luke, but is unable to find him. She quickly gets on the speeder, and heads back home, usually she would have dozens of questions going through her head, but now there was only one that she had.

 

Exegol...kriffing exegol. Seriously what the hell? And today of all days too!