Actions

Work Header

The freedom to fail

Summary:

The Millennium War has ended, and the Third Side cautiously starts their own lives. That is - until Road sets her plans for the revival of the Noah's Dream into motion. Can they end the Earl's legacy for good - giving humanity the chance to flourish or fail by their own choices? Meanwhile, Allen and Kanda's love only deepens. Lavi and Tyki figure out what love means to them - which gets complicated when Lavi considers his responsibilities as a Bookman. Can they trust Mightra when he offers his help? It falls to Komui to decide.

Notes:

In this final installment, the story continues in exciting new ways - but can be read independently of the others!

I'm going for a well-rounded story this time, giving all the main characters a chance to grow. In the previous two parts, I looked at Allen and Kanda's, and Lavi and Tyki's relationships more separately. I fell for mostly-human Tyki in the last part, and so I'm giving him room to stretch his legs in this one (though things won't stay so simple ;)) I'm also adding more characters to the mix, and has a teen drama feel for a bit. Then there's Mightra. He's still pretty mysterious in canon, and so I cooked up a characterization I hope you like.

The story starts out fun, then gets rather dangerous in a way that affects each relationship differently. So be prepared :)

(See the end of the work for more notes.)

Chapter 1: Home

Chapter Text

Allen.

Yuu Kanda looked back at the little house in the French country side, long bound hair fluttering in the soft wind. It was beautiful here. The sprawling hills and farmland leaving Allen feeling peaceful. Allen could smell the fresh grass and the ripening apples in the orchards.

They'd just said their goodbyes to Noise Marie and Miranda Lotto - their last stop before heading off to London, and to their own little house, before too long. Allen's heart warmed at the thought.

The Millenium War was over - has been for a year now. There had still been missions, though - defeating the Akuma that remained, and tracking down the remaining (weakened) Noah.

Now, Sheryl and Mercym were locked away at HQ. Road still hasn't shown a trace, but they weren't at all convinced that she was gone from this world for good. Lavi had burned up her Earthly body, but that isn't how to truly kill her.

Then there's Mightra. He hasn't shown a trace either. And the fact that both Arc's gates were gone from the field the next day, when they revisited the scene of the final battle, is concerning. Was it the result of some programming that the Arcs enacted once no players were left? Or was it their architect - Mightra's - doing.

Finally, of course, there's Tyki Mikk. Fully pardoned by the Order and living in the Kamelot Mansion - Lavi with him. Lavi and Tyki's relationship was one of the most shocking things that Allen's seen take shape these last few years - and he's seen a lot. Been through a lot. Allen was a part of many shocking secrets himself.

Eventually, the missions were too few and far between, and the Exorcists and staff departed in waves. Left headquarters for a go at a different life. They would never be truly retired, though.

Allen and Kanda were the last to leave HQ - leaving Leenalee and Komui and section chief Reever, and a small number of staff behind. Allen knew part of the reason he was asked to leave last was because he had the Heart, which needs to be protected at all costs. Komui saw both Allen and Kanda grow more and more restless over the months, and finally let them go - but not without giving General Kanda the solemn duty of protecting Allen at all costs. The idea made Allen blush when he thought of it. And how Kanda replied that he would always do so without being told.

They also have to stay in communication with Komui. They promised to take any mission sent their way, and to come back if he ever called for them to.

The goodbyes had been emotional. They were all a family after all.

Kanda had thanked General Tiedoll sincerely before he left HQ. He even hugged him back when Tiedoll wrapped him in his arms and started crying.

And today, Kanda had wished Noise and Miranda the best. Miranda's belly was huge, and they were both ecstatic to be expecting.

Cross Marian was probably the hardest to say goodbye to - Allen certainly had mixed feelings about him. They finally talked after the War. Really talked. No more evasions from Cross. The truth about Mana and everything surrounding that time forty years ago was hard to process, but Cross helped him understand it.

Beyond that, Allen thought he understood his master better now - maybe some of that understanding came from growing up. But he'll never thank him for being so hard on him, and having to pick up his messes.

Afterward, he knew it was better that they parted.

Leenalee and Lavi where the next hardest to say goodbye to. If the Order was family, then they were his brother and sister. They (and Kanda) believed in him when no one else would. And the four of them forged their own side of the War together. Lived together on the Arc, planned, trained, and fought together. Tyki became an integral part of them as well, and also showed himself to be a great friend - once the Noah in him weakened after the Earl was gone.

Kanda turned back to Allen with an open expression. His soulful black eyes penetrating his gaze. "I'm ready."

Allen smiled at him. "Let's go."

Kanda cast his eyes over his smiling face, though he himself did not smile, walked the short distance to close the space between them, and kissed him.

Allen was reminded of how Kanda told him how drawn he was to his joyfulness. That when he saw Allen happy, it made him happy too - at least for a while. And Allen had replied that he'd make sure that Kanda was happy all on his own. It's been three years, and he's made quite a bit of progress. he thought.

~

Thanks to Tyki's patronage (that is, a buttload of money), they were able to get a house right away when they arrived in London. On the outskirts, like they planned. What they dreamed about during the War, when they dared to imagine what might come after.

It felt and smelled like home in a way that was hard to describe. Like the hard life he had on the streets, and unexpectedly better life he had with Mana in the circus, turned to true contentment with Kanda at his side.

Allen made it his personal goal to make Kanda laugh at least once a day. Be it a pen pinched by his upper lip in a mock mustache, or his much appreciated booty-dance. Ok, the booty dance was not just for laughs, Allen had to admit. In fact, it never failed to end in sex because he turned up the heat of it higher and higher until Kanda tackled him into the bed, both of them laughing.

With their house settled, they drummed up business and bought a tiny storefront in town. They wore their Exorcist uniforms and spread the word that they were the ones to go to to look into strange happenings. That way they could earn a living for uncovering what turned out to be mostly natural events, and also be the first to hear about anything that could pose any real danger - Akuma, and the Noah. And maybe even the last single piece of Innocence, or an Accommodator.

~

It was about six months in that a very well dressed man in his early to mid thirties came to their office.

"The two of you are Exorcists, yes?" the man asked them both when he took off his hat.

"Yes. Is there something we can help you with?" Allen replied, indicating a seat in front of his desk.

The man sat down and Kanda came over, crossing his legs and arms, and leaning against his own desk to get closer to the other two.

"My name is Viral Parayil," he began. "I've spent most of my life in London, but I've gotten troubling news from my hometown in India that I wonder of you could help me with."

"Wait," Kanda said, looking him over, "haven't I seen you before - in the newspaper. An inventor that opened up a big factory around here."

"I prefer the term 'Technologist', but yes, that's me. I started out with very little when I came to London, but I earned the interest of some influential people with my ideas. They were a success, and now I'm mass producing them and doing very well for myself these days."

'Rich guy, eh?' the poor indebted kid in Allen said, perking up but not letting on. Or more like 'very rich guy', he'd already pegged him as rich from the moment he walked into their office. "Please go on," he urged, "What's going on in your hometown that has you worried?"

"Well, my relatives - that is, my mother, father, sisters, aunties, uncles, and cousins - tell me that the priests have uncovered a sacred object. A statue of Vishnu that was overlooked in storage at the Temple for a long time. And when they cleaned him up and put him in a proper place of reverence, those that came have been blessed - and their prayers are answered.

I know such miracles are not possible, but this story is not in of itself troublesome to me. If some find happiness in this way, what's the harm? At least, that's what I thought at first."

Allen's heart quickened. The story was familiar enough. Could it be Innocence that they uncovered? He shared a quick look with Kanda and he obviously felt the same.

Viral went on, "Others started coming from other towns, and the whole of my hometown began to center around this Temple. Normal activities began to be overlooked - agriculture as well.

Now, I'm sure they're making money off of Temple trinkets, renting shelter, and serving food and the like, but they're not preparing for hard times as the should - thinking Vishnu with provide for them - and the results could be dire. Even if they use their money to buy food from neighboring towns, there would not be enough.

And so now, I'm inclined to dispel their false notions. They would listen if Exorcists told them that it was false. At least, that's my hope. Would you please travel there with me and help me do this?"

"Yes, of course," said Allen immediately.

"We'll need to discuss it between us, and then with our Headquarters," Kanda amended to Viral.

"Right," Allen agreed, knowing that protesting wouldn't help. Kanda would just say that Allen promises too much without thinking things through. Allen was sure they would be going anyway, so it wasn't worth the fight now. He would convince Kanda if he needed convincing, and then they would both persuade Komui to agree.

This sort of mission was exactly what it meant to be an Exorcist afterall.

"Have you heard of Innocence?" Allen began to Viral.

~

When Allen and Kanda got home that evening, they debated whether they aught to go as they prepared and ate their dinner of roast chicken and garden vegetables. By the end of the meal, Kanda was agreeing with him. Allen considered it a great success. They'd barely fought at all.

When they first got to London, it took a while for them to find their stride. They fought a lot - and made up a lot (which often led them to the bedroom). It was more fighting than they had in years, and Allen thought that maybe it was because they had gotten used to their way of life on the Arc. And now, everything was new and messy. They were on their own for the first time in either of their lives. And, they'd never lived together before. Sure, they'd spend most of time together in each other's houses on the Arc, and rooms in HQ, but it wasn't the same as living together. Starting a life together. So yea, fur would fly.

The next day was a Saturday and they called Komui from home to get the go-ahead. After Komui got back the report on a thorough background check on Viral and of the region, everything was a go.

A prodigy from a young age, Viral studied at the English school in Hyderabad, paid for by contributions from his neighbors as his parents couldn't afford the tuition. He gives back to his home community is spades, helping it flourish. Then he was taken in by a mentor in London and has been on the fast track ever since, only ever slowing down when he got very ill over the course of few years, and making a full recovery only a year ago.

Allen and Kanda called Viral next and they agreed to start making plans on Monday.

So, their weekend was theirs. They did house chores in the morning and lazed about together in the afternoon, playing with their dog, Dee. Dee was a friendly stray that Allen found in town. He fell in love with him immediately and took home.

When dusk settled, Allen asked Kanda if he wanted to go to town. Kanda declined and Allen didn't press it. They'd gone to a semi-crowded loud-ish bar last Saturday, and though Kanda said he was fine, it took him days to unbristle afterward.

So they drank wine as they swung on the swing seat on the porch of their house, and then made love into the night.

~~

Lavi.

Lavi listened to the fervent music that filled the bar. He felt the pulse of it through his body. It made his blood pulse quickly in turn. The bar was filled with sailors and miners and laundresses and the like. The kinds of people that Tyki yearned to be connected to, and Lavi thought he was quite successful.

Tyki Mikk, his boyfriend, was on the fiddle, absorbed in the energy of the music, moving emphatically as he played. The singer sang of social injustice, of the erosion of his soul for having to do what it takes to make enough money to live off of, of life in the mines and at sea.

Lavi sat at a table with some of the friends of the band that he got along with. The singer, with sandy-blond hair, belted a raucous finale, and winked at him - Lavi blushed a little and smiled. Lavi and Tyki had brought him home once. Not to Kamelot Mansion, of course. The small apartment they got to fit in with this crowd.

It had been fun, he remembered. It was the first time they'd been with another man together. Their little excursions started with bringing a woman home with them. A proposition Tyki brought up to Lavi in passing as something he was open to. Tyki preferred men, but liked some women. He had wondered if Lavi missed the attentions of women, and at first he hadn't really - because Tyki was all he needed. But then they met her, and Lavi was captivated, and it just happened so fluidly.

Yet, Tyki was perfectly willing to be monogamous if Lavi wished it. They were in love. These past months have been confusing for Lavi, but he knew that much without a doubt. And he also knew that Tyki would not pressure him, or start anything without his permission. As it was, he was an extremely persuasive man.

When they left for home that night, both in fantastic moods from the music and eager to continue the fun at home, a man with a knife jumped in front of them on the sidewalk.

"Expensive looking instrument," he commented.

"Not really, it's third-hand," Tyki replied casually.

"Give it to me, and all your money," he said nervously.

"Listen, friend. There are better ways to make some cash. I'll give you some phone numbers if you need a job."

"What?" the man asked, shocked. And of course Tyki's attitude was shocking to him. He had no idea they were an Exorcist and a (weakened) Noah, or what a Noah even was. And he had no idea that in Tyki was a duality - one part of him a humanist giving the attacker the chance to help himself, and the other part a killer that he held at bay, hoping he would still attack and force his hand so that he could satisfy his bloodlust with a clear conscience.

"Well, it looks like you're in a bind, and you're not used to this kind of thing. You're nervous as hell," Tyki commented.

"It...It's my sister. She's sick and I can't pay her medial bills. They'll kick her out of the hospital before long. And if that happens..." He looked even more nervous.

It may be one of the oldest sob stories in the book, but Lavi knew he was telling the truth.

So did Tyki. He opened his wallet, and gave the man more cash than a miner, even with a side gig, should have. "Don't do anything like this again, alright?" He scribbled down some numbers and gave that to him too.

"A...alright. Thank you. Very much. Friend." He took off at a run.

Lavi swelled with pride. He took Tyki's arm, swung around to face him and said, "Well done," with a smile, and kissed him.

~

"The investors chose steel. They think war is inevitable and they want to make bank," Tyki told Lavi when he came home that day. Lavi had to observe a different meeting (he made it his job to observe all sides of the political sphere), and Tyki, as always, was happy to fill him in. "I said, whether there's going to be war or not, let's invest in agriculture. People will always need food." He sighed. "They wouldn't hear it, the greedy bastards. I think war will be more likely if they invest for it, not the other way around. I pulled out my money and left."

Lavi incorporated this information into the tapestry he's been seeing, and said, "War and conflict is increasing all over the world, and to an unprecedented degree." Lavi stood walked in front of a still seated Tyki.

Tyki's face became forlorn. "Am I doing the right thing? It doesn't seem like I'm making any difference at all."

"One person can't fix everything. Just do all that you can do. Make as much of a difference as you can."

"This is the time that people have to be helping each other the most - but so many people don't see it, or just don't care enough to try...Maybe the Millenium Earl was right. Tyki's face twisted miserably. "And we're all beyond saving. Or maybe Neah was right, and only some us should be left to start over with."

Lavi took his words as the dismay that it was - he didn't mean that literally. "No, and I know you know that. It should still be up to us to sink ourselves. But I don't think we will. There are enough good people to turn things around, even if things get bad, and even if its for a long time."

Tyki looked even sadder at that. He looked up at Lavi suddenly. "Go away with me. I'll sell the mansion and we'll go to some tropical paradise."

"Sounds nice...for a while."

"Yea...you can't give up your calling just because I'm all mopey, can you?" Tyki lay his head on Lavi's stomach. "Just, tell me its not all for nothing."

Lavi put his hands on his shoulders. "It's not. Even if you lose every battle, its not."

Tyki closed his eyes, and a tear ran down his cheek.

**

Millennium War aftermath.

Kanda.

Kanda sat back on the bed at the Inn, arms behind his head, still overjoyed and dumbstruck that Allen was awake, and seemingly completely restored.

Allen came into the room with a smile on his face, having just come back from visiting - and no doubt thanking - Lavi and Tyki for all that they'd done.

He'd thanked both Leenalee and Komui right in the hospital room when he'd woken up, and there were a lot of Finders having drinks downstairs that cheered him enthusiastically as he and Kanda walked by, so Allen was likely done with visits for now.

Allen's smile changed into something softer when he looked at Kanda. He crawled into bed next to him and Kanda, quickly overwhelmed, hugged him desperately. Allen hugged back just as hard. They twined their legs together and stay like that for a long time.

Until just a couple hours ago, Kanda wasn't sure if Allen would make it. And now he was perfectly fine.

"Thank you," Allen said. "For staying with me through all that. For saving my life."

Allen told them all at the hospital what had happened inside his mind. The vie for control, the continued fight as he was dying, and the Exorcism. And they all had told Allen their plan and what happened.

"You...lost a lot of blood," Allen went on.

"I couldn't lose you." Kanda felt a new surge of emotion he could not contain, and burst out crying - harder than he ever has in his life. He cried for Allen, and all the uncertainty that they shared. Then for all the years he's suffered as an Exorcist. And finally, he let himself acknowledge that it was over now, their job was done.

Tears had streamed down Kanda's face when Allen first woke up in the hospital. He'd gotten right up and hugged him then too. Leenalee and Komui politely didn't comment on it.

But now, he was truly crying - for everything.

Allen rubbed his back, and Kanda could tell that Allen was crying now too, but not as badly as Kanda was.

Allen. Allen. Allen. Kanda kissed his cheek, his head, his neck. He wiped at his own tears and Allen did the same. Then Kanda put his hands on Allen's cheeks and wiped the rest of his tears away. Allen reciprocated.

Kanda kissed his face again and each time it grew more lingering, and the meaning of those kisses changed. Kanda looked at Allen, their eyes now dry, full of grateful love. "Allen," he said. "Welcome back."

Emotion swirled in Allen's eyes. "Yuu," he replied softly. Their lips met in a kiss.

It wasn't often that he was 'Yuu' to Allen, but this was the best moment where he used his given name by far. And, he would find out, that he was 'Yuu' more and more often thereafter.

Kanda delved his tongue into Allen's soft mouth. They kissed deeply with that grateful love - drinking each other in - for a long time.

Kanda appreciated every inch of Allen that night, and set every inch on fire. The hollow of his throat, his fluttering stomach, the rough skin of his weapon arm, between his legs.

As their bodies moved in concert, their souls - through their Innocence - were also one. As they had been when Kanda helped him Exorcise himself. Except that this time their single goal was to share in their love.

**

Road Kamelot stepped through her door and into the alleyway. It wasn't far from the hotel she'd made reservations for.

Using the door took effort now, and she once again lamented it as she felt her exhaustion. She'll have to rest before she could do what she really wanted to do here.

She passed a cute boy on the way to the hotel. He was about her age and he tipped his hat to her with a smile. She blushed despite herself. She possessed far too much humanity these days. She pressed on.

The hotel was clean, but it was small and uninspired. She was so close to home now, and yet she could not go there. She could not be sure that she was welcome. In fact, she was mostly certain she wasn't. Well, she would know for sure tomorrow night, as Tyki dreamed.

Chapter 2: Innocence

Chapter Text

Kanda.

When they arrived in town, they went to Viral's family home and were treated to a generous welcome lunch. Allen was positively glowing from the loving family atmosphere and delicious food. It put Viral in a great mood as well, not having seen his family in a year. Most of the genial talk was about Viral's youngest sister getting married soon, and when they spoke of the blessed statue, Viral and the Exorcists listened politely.

They headed to the Temple right after Viral got changed into traditional clothing - a well made long jacked and loose pants. The streets were bustling - and full of lively colors and the smell of spices.

The Temple itself was impressive, with a tapering exterior of intricate design, and one large ornate room within. There was a long line going into the Temple, but Viral assured them when they spotted it that they were expected and should proceed inside.

The head priest greeted Viral enthusiastically, and the two Exorcists welcomingly. After what Kanda thought was too much catching-up and formality, they were taken to see the statue of Vishnu.

As they approached it, Allen suddenly stopped and his eyes widened a little. Allen had a better sense of Innocence than Kanda did, so it made Kanda wonder..."Is it Innocence?"

"I...think it might be. I'll have to get closer to be sure." Allen looked at the priest who nodded his permission and Allen walked the rest of the way and touched the statue. "Yes. It's definitely Innocence," he replied confidently.

"What?" asked the priest. He looked to the Exorcists, and then to Viral.

Viral explained to the priest about Innocence - what the Exorcists had told him of it before they started their journey. Then he went on about how the statue's reactions had nothing to do with Vishnu - but with the Innocence inside it.

"We'll have to take the Innocence with us," Kanda explained.

The priest protested immediately, and clearly did not believe what he was being told.

Kanda knew they would be taking it with them whether the priest liked the idea or not. He looked to Allen and nonverbally urged him to convince him.

But to Kanda's surprise, Allen made the same indication back to him. He wanted Kanda to convince the priest? Was he crazy? Kanda's expression of doubt had Allen pulling him aside while Viral began his own attempts at being convincing.

"You can do this," Allen said. "You want me to be the nice guy, but I know you know what to say."

"What if I just tell him to go to hell and smash the statue against the wall and take the Innocence?" he countered, agitated.

You know that's not the most effective way to go about this or else you wouldn't have asked me to talk to him. Just do it."

Kanda froze up with extreme anxiety.

"Ok, how about this?" Allen said, looking him in the eye, his voice taking on a challenging, slightly seductive tone, "If you can convince the priest, right here, right now, to give us permission to break the statue and take the Innocence, I'll do whatever you want. In bed. For the whole night."

Kanda's blood rushed in his ears. His eyes flared. Allen knew him too well - invoking both their competitiveness, and intense attraction, to get his way. Damn him. "Alright," Kanda answered huskily and grudgingly. Allen smiled with pleasure. "I'll need a minute," Kanda explained.

"Sure," Allen allowed, and walked away to watch Viral and the priest's increasingly heated back and forth.

Kanda wracked his brain, came up with nothing, then took a deep breath and calmed his mind. Ok, he could do this. He's seen others do this sort of thing hundreds of times. What would Allen say if it was him? Something like:

'I see this statue is very meaningful to you and the people of this town. And all the towns around it. It's meaningful to us as well, and also sacred, but for a very different reason. Inside of it is Innocence - the material that allows us Exorcists to fight the Akuma.

Please also realize that its dangerous for you to keep it. The Akuma are attracted to its power and will certainly notice it and destroy your town for it.

We want to see your town prosper as well. Is there anything we can do for you that will make it easier when we leave with the Innocence?'

Ok, he was ready.

~

Kanda and Allen walked into their hotel room. It was beautifully decorated - with fine rugs and wall hangings, and plush pillows. It was clearly meant for the well-to-do such as Viral - and it was Viral who payed for their rooms. The room was open to the outside - fresh air cutting gently through the room.

Allen whistled.

Once they took everything in, they took off their bags and jackets. Kanda rifled through his bag for his prize - the Innocence from the Temple. They stared at it a moment and Kanda put it away again, carefully.

Then Allen turned to him to face him. "You did great," Allen told him, and Kanda felt proud at his praise, elated at their victory - but also embarrassed at the speech he had to give to earn it. The words were right - they just felt awkward in his mouth as he said them. A faint blush brushed his cheeks as he remembered. "I knew you would."

"You do it better."

Allen shrugged, bit his lower lip and moved closer to him. He put his arms on his chest and said, looking up at him. "And I'm there for you if you need me. But you're not the awkward mess you make yourself out to be. In fact, you handled it quite competently - it was very attractive."

"Oh?" Kanda asked, amused, wrapping his arms around him.

"Would you like your reward, General?" he asked softly, leaning in.

Kanda groaned softly, said "Yes", and kissed him, claimed his mouth, slow and enduring. The swordsman's lingering embarrassment melted away. It was replaced by a surety. The rightness that always comes from being with his boyfriend like this, that extended into a sense of rightness that they worked so well together. Perfectly complimentary. And it extended into the feeling that yes, he did do pretty well after all.

Kanda plunged his tongue into Allen's mouth, deepening the kiss and walked them so that he trapped Allen against the near wall. Allen moaned and wrapped his arms around his neck tightly.

Kanda's hands moved from the small of his back, up his sides, his neck, and one hand dove into his hair, over his adorable short ponytail and pushed his head - his mouth - harder against his as their tongues slid and twined together.

Allen wrapped on leg around him and Kanda grabbed his ass and rubbed, kneaded the soft toned flesh. Allen's breath quickened and his face was deeply flushed. Expression soft and wanting in a way that drove Kanda absolutely wild.

"So, what do you want me to do?" Allen asked breathlessly when he pulled back his mouth from his.

Kanda searched his eyes and saw that he really meant it, a bit of challenge through that softness that said, 'You won't waste this opportunity, will you?'

And he was right. Sex for them was a fluid give and take. When was the last time Kanda called all the shots? When was the last time Allen did everything he said?

Fuck.

Kanda kissed him hard and pushed him more firmly into the wall. And he thought about how he wanted to reply. What would he ask Allen to do? Then, at length, he said, "You can start by sucking me off." Allen groaned. He loved it when Kanda told him exactly what he wanted, he knew.

Kanda backed away and sat on the side of the bed, leaning back on his arms, legs slightly wide. "Here." Allen walked over to him eagerly. "Take off your clothes." Allen paused where he was in front of Kanda, and smiled. He pulled off his top, revealing his toned, slim body. His hair tie fell away and his hair hung loose just below his shoulders.

Allen kicked off his boots next, took off his socks. Then he unbuckled his belt, opened his pants, and let them fall - looking at Kanda all the while. He put his thumbs under the seam of his underwear, teased along the seam once, then pushed down slowly. Kanda's mouth was dry as he looked on.

His half-hard cocked peeked over the material as he pushed down. Inch by inch of him revealed, until his underwear fell and he kicked everything decisively away from him. Kanda looked at him hungrily, and he could see Allen harden fully under his gaze. "And you?" Allen asked.

"Take mine off too," he replied hoarsely, sitting up straight.

A naked Allen climbed confidently into his lap, which brought him to full hardness himself. He lifted Kanda's top and pulled it over his head. Their heated eyes locked and Allen pulled the tie from Kanda's hair. Kanda felt it fall onto his back.

It took effort for Kanda not to kiss him - not to run his hands over every inch of him - yet. Allen got down to his knees and took off the rest of Kanda's clothes - until he was naked and his erection was free from the confines of his pants.
"Kiss me," Kanda asked, and Allen climbed into his lap again and kissed him urgently. And Kanda allowed himself to run his hands over Allen, over every part of him. Over soft skin and hard muscle. Allen moaned into his mouth, more desperately than before.

When Kanda felt drunk on his kisses, he pulled away, and said, ragged, "Suck me."

Allen sunk down to his knees again, looked up at Kanda, then down, hungrily at his dick. He bent down, taking his cock in his hand firmly, and licked gently up his length, around his head, making Kanda gasp. He licked for a while, looking up at him sometimes in a way as enticing as his tongue. Then he took him into his mouth, surrounding his cock with wet heat, going deeper and deeper. He squeezed the base with his hand as he sucked him.

He took his time, pulling moans from Kanda's throat. He roved his rough hand over his legs, into his hair, and over his balls.

Kanda's breath was ragged. He grabbed Allen's hair and he started thrusting into his mouth. Allen met his thrusts with his waiting mouth, taking him deep. So deep. So warm and soft. "Allen," he called.

Kanda kept pushing into his mouth as long as he dared. He didn't want to come yet. This was far from over. Eventually, he eased his grip and stopped moving. Allen moved his head off of him, lips swollen and face flushed.

Kanda pulled him up by the arm and kissed him hard. Allen climbed on top of him again, flush and tight against him. Kanda flipped him onto his back on the bed. He now lounged against a mound of pillows as Kanda lay on top of him. He moved his hips slowly against Allen's and he could feel his dick against his. They moaned into each others mouths at the friction.

Then Kanda got off of him and sat on the bed.

"Prepare yourself," Kanda requested, cheeks heating. Allen looked at him devilishly in reply. He got up and pulled the lube from his bag, sat right back down where he had been against the pillows. He coated his fingers and spread his legs open deliberately.

First, he jerked himself slowly. His hips moved with his jerks before long. His eyes were closed, and he was enjoying himself. Then he coated his fingers again and he slid his hand down as he watched Kanda look at him. He spread his legs wider and teased his hole around the rim.

Kanda's throat tightened with desire. Allen pushed a finger slowly inside himself, and started jerking himself at the same time. He closed his eyes and his breath grew heavy. Kanda gripped his own straining dick and jerked himself in time with Allen. Allen heard this and opened his eyes again. His eyes darkened with want as he watched Kanda. He moved a finger inside himself, then added another. Soon he was moaning. Kanda tightened his grip on himself and moaned too.

"You're fucking breathtaking," Kanda told him. Allen flushed with desire as he continued.

"And you're fucking killing me. I need you inside me." Allen answered, loosing patience.

But Kanda knew he could take a bit more teasing. And it would be worth it. He'd make him come so hard. Kanda climbed on top of him again and kissed him with abandon. Hot, open mouth kisses, his tongue down his throat. Then he whispered to him unevenly, "I want you in my mouth. And then, when you can't take it anymore, then I'll fuck you."

Allen groaned loudly. "Ok."

Kanda smirked at him, bit at his throat, then down the length of his body, sucking his nipple into his mouth on the way. Allen reacted to every bite and suck, pushed Kanda's head into his chest. Then Kanda took him into his mouth, sucked him gently, drawing it out. Allen almost called him off a few times, then didn't.

Kanda sat up, then said, "Turn around."

"I didn't give in," Allen protested. He did what he asked anyway, clearly willing to give up the game.

Allen was on his hands knees, and Kanda took in the sight. "Like this?"

"Yes, just like that. And, you're right, you didn't give in yet. Which is why I'm going to do this." Before Allen could ask what he planned to do, Kanda parted his perfect cheeks and swiped his tongue across his hole.

Allen moaned deep. "You're devious," Allen accused.

Kanda did it again. "Then call me off," Kanda challenged. Allen didn't and Kanda continued to lap at him. He sucked on his rim, making Allen moan loudly. He thrust his tongue inside, over an over, the way easy from Allen fingering himself.
Allen pushed back against his tongue. Kanda took Allen's dick in his hand and jerked him at the same time.

"Fuck me," Allen demanded, and Kanda wasted no time, just as eager as Allen was. He grabbed his hips and pushed his cock into his waiting hole, worked his way in until he sheathed himself in Allen.

Soon Kanda set a solid pace, Allen meeting every thrust, crashing them together. Then Allen stuttered his movements, and laid his head down on the bed, bracing himself, lost in it. Seeing his effect on Allen brought him closer to orgasm, and he quickened his pace, gripped Allen's dick more firmly.

"You're gonna cum so hard," Kanda told him, jarring them with punctuated thrusts.

Allen came with a loud cry, cum shooting from his cock in spurts. He pulsed in Kanda's hand. It sent Kanda over the edge himself, and he buried himself deep inside him as he came.

They lay together after they cleaned up, on their sides and in each others arms. They kissed languidly for a while, and then Allen tucked his head into Kanda's chest. Kanda loved how they fitted together. He stroked Allen's hair slowly until they both fell asleep.

~

They woke up half an hour later, and got ready to meet Viral for dinner.

Viral knocked on their door right on time and entered the room at Allen's invitation.

"We should celebrate our success tonight," Viral began. "Me, for assuring my hometown is on the right track again, and you, Exorcists, for obtaining a piece of Innocence. An item you said was the last undiscovered in the world."

Kanda thought he and Allen had just celebrated just fine, but agreed with Viral. He liked him, and so wouldn't mind. Viral was someone who got to the point without fuss, and left Kanda alone when he wasn't talkative.

Allen agreed as well.

"Can I...see it?" Viral asked hesitantly. "The Innocence?"

Kanda has never felt anything malevolent in his aura, and thought he was trustworthy. So he took the Innocence out of the bag and held it for Viral to see. Viral looked at it with awe, and unconsciously put his hand out toward it.

"It's like it's calling to me," he mused. Kanda and Allen looked at each other. Could he be its Accomodator?

Kanda put his hand out. "Here, hold it." Viral did so with great reverence and looked at it, mesmerized.

"Do you feel anything?" Allen asked him.

"I...don't know. That pull is stronger when I hold it. Why is that?"

"You may its Accomodator. It can be tricky to figure it out properly but we'll help you," Allen put in.

Viral nodded. "Thank you, Allen, Kanda. Before that, why don't we settle your payment?"

"Oh, no Viral," Allen protested. "This was Exorcist business, so you don't owe us anything. And you kindly paid for this room. That's more than enough." Kanda knew Allen was a little disappointed in not getting a nice payday. 'Why'd the rich guy have to come along for official business instead of the usual stuff?' he'd lamented. Kanda thought they were more than fine financially, thanks to Tyki, and wasn't concerned.

"That's too bad," Viral said with a sigh. "I was hoping to give you something for your trouble, especially when..." Viral's hands suddenly glowed, and Kanda sensed a sudden deep hatred emanating from him. His expression contorted as he looked at the Innocence, showing his hatred plainly.

Kanda called on his Innocence - sword forming in his hand, and Allen called out in surprise. Kanda felt the light but familiar weight of Allen's armour wrapping around his shoulders - having been split to protect each of them.

"Especially since," Viral finished, his aura calming to what its always been, "You're bound to be, unfortunately, thrown for a loop." "But please," he said urgently, trying placate Kanda who was poised to strike him. Kanda stopped himself directly before him, sword at his throat. "Hear me out. Please. I've deceived you, yes, but it was to earn myself enough leverage - being in possession of something that you value greatly - to speak with you on equal ground."

"Who are you?" Kanda ground out.

"I'm not your enemy, but I am a Noah. And I do loathe Innocence. There was no hiding that fact." His skin changed color to telltale-gray, his deep brown eyes turned gold, and he pulled back the fringe of his black hair to reveal his stigmata.

"But...there aren't many Noah left," Allen reasoned. There's Road, and Sheryl, and Mercym. THen, are you..."

"We've met before, but you've never seen my face. I am Mightra," he said with gravity. He opened his jacket, and revealed the robe that Kanda knew Mightra wears. It clung around his torso, and was folded neatly into his loose pants. There was no doubt. "And I would like to propose a partnership."

"You haven't gotten us off to a great start," Kanda barked.

"I thought we had. Up until this moment, anyway."

"Why? What kind of partnership?" Allen asked.

"You see, Road visited me recently. In my dreams. She wanted to recruit me for her plans, but I refused. She needs to be stopped before she gets what she wants. If not from me, then from the others."

"What does she want?" Allen asked.

"To bring back the Millennium Earl. She knows his body is in your headquarters. Don't bother to deny it."

"Can she not manifest in the regular world? Is that why she needs help?" Kanda asked.

"She could not talk to me as she did without being physically close as well. She must have been in London at the time." Kanda startled. She was in the same town as them and they never knew?

"I can also tell you that she's much more human than before, as we all are. Subjected to her emotions. It enrages her to live this way. As for me, I love my life, and will do everything I can to protect it."

"So you want us to help you stop Road," Kanda said.

"Yes."

"We have no idea how to do that," Allen admitted after a pause.

"I need to speak with your head scientist. I've developed some Noah-boosting agents that will give us - that is, I mean the partnership between you all and me - some advantages. I think the key lies in her need to speak with the other Noah. Tyki Mikk can help with this as well. He actually contacted my office today. He recognized me in the newspaper and wants to talk."

"Why didn't we know about that?," Kanda grumbled.

As if on cue, Komui's voice came out loud and clear from Kanda's earring, "Kanda, Allen, are you doing alright? I just got a call from Tyki."

"Yea, but we're kind of busy with Viral, here," Kanda drawled. "It turns out that he's Mightra."

"That's just what Tyki said. Or rather, that he recognized Mightra in the papers and that he was going by 'Dr. Viral Parayil'."

"He's holding onto the Innocence right now."

"Only to assure I get the opportunity to speak with you all about a partnership," Viral asserted. "If I return the Innocence to you, Kanda, can we speak civilly?"

It was Viral that made the first move. How does he get off sounding superior?, Kanda thought. He hesitated, then agreed. He dropped his sword, and Viral passed him the Innocence without trouble.

They sat around the small table in the room and brought Komui up to speed. Komui confirmed that Tyki was also visited in a dream by Road, and how he denied her.

"What kind of 'Noah-boosting agents'?" Komui asked. Then asserted that he was the 'head scientist' that Viral was looking to talk to.

Viral explained, "They can enhance the abilities of us Noah - who have all suffered a great loss in power, but only for a short time, and not fully." He pulled a bottle full of pills from his pocket. "I even devised a version that might work for you, Allen, who have eradicated the Player from your person. You can try it, if you want," he offered. "I'm currently in possession of both Arcs, and you can have yours."

"Don't take it," Kanda said.

"I know."

"I thought not," Viral said. "At least not until your scientists take a look, I imagine. How about this - come with me, on the Arc, as I meet Komui at your Headquarters if he agrees, and then with Tyki Mikk - and I'll explain this to him as well."

The two Exorcists looked at him skeptically.

"As collateral," he went on with a sigh, "I shall give you my robe. It's very dear to me. It's not the source of my power, but an enhancement that I created for myself. My only Noah ability was my inhuman intelligence. Now, I have to settle for 'very smart', and I'm not sure that I can make another as good as that one. I'll pass my robe and the agent to your headquarters via the Arc, and then we'll be on our way."

That actually sounded reasonable. He looked at Allen for confirmation and found it. "Komui?" Kanda asked, "If you agree then we'll do it."

"After dinner," Allen insisted.

"Yes. With the collateral of your robe, I agree to your terms, Viral. It gives me more confidence in the safety of my people. Thank you. And, I don't want you to think I'm reluctant to talk. I believe we have a lot to learn from the Noah, especially one with your expertise, and especially given this troubling turn of events with Road."

"Excellent," Viral exclaimed, pleased.

Chapter 3: Tyki

Chapter Text

Tyki.

Tyki sat across from his old friends, at a table, in one of their old haunts. The bar was loud - full of people coming off their shifts - but they chose a table out of the way of the daily hubbub. This meeting was something special, and he hasn't seen their faces in so long.

He tracked them down just a few days ago - left messages for them at all their favorite places from the past. He'd managed to get a week away with Lavi, and the time away gave him the perspective to see that he truly missed them.

Tyki and Lavi had gone to the nearest beach - with its crystal blue waters, and resort with all the amenities a gentleman could want. The best part, of course, was having Lavi all to himself. To hear his carefree laugh, and see his wide smiles. To joke and goof-off with him. And to see him in as little clothing as possible.

Tyki'd been afraid that his friends didn't go to the same places anymore. Though, that could have also been a blessing if that was true - it might have meant they'd moved up in the world. Like him, their long-lost friend.

"Look at you, you bougie bastard!" yelled Matt amicably in a loud voice, patting Tyki's shoulder. "Almost didn't recognize ya!" His shaved head gleamed under the table light.

They all grinned hard.

Tyki was actually in casual clothes, so that he was at least somewhat recognizable, but they weren't as worn out as the ones he used to have. And his hair was tidy as it spilled over his forehead. He wore black, thick-framed, thin-lensed, glasses that he started wearing to seem more competent to his aristocratic counterparts. These glasses fit his face perfectly and were much more fashionable than his old resale glasses.

It all had the effect of making him look like a nobody that made it big, or a nobleman trying to dress down but not quite pulling it off. He supposed he was both of those things. And it also told the story he wanted to tell - 'I'm still your friend, but things have changed.'

"I wound up inheriting my families wealth," he explained sheepishly.

His friends knew exactly why he left home at seventeen - his abusively demanding father and overbearing brother guaranteed him a life of rules and responsibility he did not want.

They all had their stories, and they largely accepted Tyki's - except that one winter when they were near-starving. They told him he had to beg his family for money. He never heard back about it from his mother - which hurt, as he knew that she loved him and he missed her very much. He refused to ask his father or brother - he might have gotten sucked back into his old life if he did.

"One family tragedy after the other," Tyki went on more seriously. "First my father died, then my brother and his kids."

"Shit Tyki, I'm sorry," said Mark.

Tyki waved it off. There was no love lost - either in reality or for the version of himself he was trying to be for his friends (except he should probably act sad about the 'kids'). Sheryl, and presumably Road, were really alive anyhow. "Anyway, it's all sorted out now, and I just had to track you guys down. See how you're doing."

"Ah," Matt dismissed. "Same-old-same-old. We get a job, stay till it dries up, go to the next lead someplace else."

"Why don't you tell us about what it's like for you Tyki? That sounds much more exciting."

"And the drinks are on you, Mr. Fancy-Pants."

"Fine," Tyki said as he smiled. "Though you haven't even seen my fancy pants yet," he assured.

Tyki told his story, and they drank, and they reminisced and joked around, and they drank - for hours. Tyki ordered them some food at dinner time.

"What about Eeze, is he with you?" Tyki asked.

"He got adopted by some merchant family back in Belgium last year." It was a bittersweet parting, Tyki could tell.

"Good for him," Tyki replied. "He's a sweet kid, I'm not surprised. So, any of you lot got girlfriends yet?" Tyki asked.

"On and off, nothing serious. Not surprising, right? Its hard when you're on the move."

"I remember," said Tyki. "I was only able to stick around for Alejandro for five months." His first love - and only love besides Lavi. By the time Tyki came around again a year later, Alejandro had someone else. "I'm still grateful you stuck around with me, even though our wages went down in the last month."

They smiled warmly at him. "You were head over heels! And we couldn't ditch you," Mark said.

"So, you get yourself a boyfriend?"

"Fellas, I'm in love," he said, heartfelt.

"I can tell. Man, do you fall hard," Matt commented.

"Who is he?"

"Lavi. A Bookman. We've...helped each other out of some trouble. And been together through that and ever since."

Mark whistled low. "Don't let 'em break your heart, Tyki. Bookmen aren't celibate, but they don't make attachments, right?"

"Like, a celibate heart instead," Matt chimed in.

Tyki breathed a sigh out of his nose, resting his chin in his hand. "I want to tell you this is different, and it is, but I know it sounds like I'm delusional." Tyki actually wasn't sure of the whole truth. They were together, and loved each other, but for how long? Until Lavi decides a new mission in more important? Until the Bookman wakes up and decides that the longer they're together, the harder it will hurt when they part ways? Some of Tyki's growing glumness showed on his face.

"Hey, love is love. Just be careful is all."

"So, what's he like?"

Tyki brightened as he talked about Lavi. "He's smart, capable, brave, a bangin' red-head...He's kind, but a consummate realist." They laughed at his lovesickness as Tyki went on.

Tyki asked when the subject of Lavi ran its course, "Is it easier to get jobs nowadays? The economy is ramping up."

"If that's the case, it hasn't reached us grunts yet. Except that the project chiefs are talkin' about the next few years gettin' busy. I'll believe it when I see it," Matt said.

"They're stupid not to be mining faster right now. The demand is there," Tyki commented.

"If you know something they don't, why don't you buy a mine and take advantage?" Mark asked conspiratorially.

Tyki blinked. He was looking for an investment, after all. His mind whirled with the possibility. "You know, you're absolutely right." They laughed. "Seriously," Tyki pressed. "And I know the business, too. And how most rackets are cutting corners and makin' a mess of things."

"And you could hire us."

"You could be my foremen. What one should I buy?"

"Remember that one in France? We steer clear of it now. Run like shit. All these accidents, too. Take 'em over!"

Tyki smiled at them both conspiratorially.

~

Tyki lay propped up in his soft bed in his posh hotel room, one arm behind his head. He put up his friends in the same hotel - to their extreme delight. They'd talk more about their venture tomorrow.

He turned on the wireless at his ear, to the channel only he and Lavi used. They'd agreed to catch up at midnight. He imagined Lavi, at home in the mansion, laying on his own bed. "Hey," he said smoothly.

"Hey," Lavi replied warmly. "How'd it go with your friends?" Lavi knew he'd been nervous to meet them again after all this time.

"Great. They're - still a great bunch of guys."

"I'm glad. I just got back from Warren Mansion."

"Oh? Find out anything juicy?"

Lavi laughed. "You know I can't say."

"I know. Worth a try though," the Noah replied good naturedly. Warren was his political rival. A true warmonger. What Lavi knows of him could certainly help Tyki in diverting investments in their circles, but it would be a violation on the Bookman's part, and so he never did.

Tyki told Lavi excitedly about his venture with his friends, finishing with, "We'll talk more tomorrow, and its likely we're going to France the next day to check out the mine and make an offer to buy it."

"That sounds perfect," Lavi told him.

"Wait, do you think its hypocritical? Now I'm going to be investing in mining, and the ore makes steel - which is exactly what I refused to invest in earlier."

"But you're making things better for the miners, while they're feeding the system as it is and reaping the benefits. Its different."

Tyki's errant thought was dispelled by his words. Lavi always knew how to cut through to the truth of things. "I want to figure out how to give them all higher wages, too. If they're all comfortable and happy, then the work will be better, too."

"The world really does need more people like you," Lavi commented warmly. "Then think about buying the whole mining company, not just the one mine. That's how you can make the kinds of changes you really want."

"You're right! I'll probably get pushback from other mining companies for it, but so what if they whine at me? I'll thwart any sleazy thing they do to try to stop me. Maybe I'll have the pick of the best miners because of it."

"I miss you," Lavi told him.

Tyki's heart flared warmth. Especially at the thought that it was Tyki's passionate outburst that made him say so. "I miss you, too." It didn't feel like enough to be talking this far apart. He wanted to see his expressions, grab his arm in emphasis as he talked. Touch him even more afterward...

After a pause, the Noah said, "Where are you now? In bed?"

"Yea, just got changed."

"What are you wearing?" Tyki asked with a smile.

"Lavi laughed. "Just underwear - its a warm today...you?"

Tyki smiled wider. "Pajama bottoms - its a bit cooler up here. So," he started suggestively, "I don't know if you were planning to take the edge off before bed, but...I can help you."

The redhead groaned lightly. "Alright," he said, smile in his voice.

Tyki talked to him silkily, told Lavi to touch himself. Told him to imagine Tyki was kissing him, and that it was Tyki running his hand over him. Tyki did the same, palming himself over his pajamas, and grinding lightly into his hand.

"Take off your clothes," the Noah told him next, breathily. He could hear it as he took his underwear off. He imaged a naked Lavi, sprawled on the bed, legs bent and open, as he took off his own clothes.

"You did, too, right. I heard you," the redhead said in a matching tone.

"Oh yes," Tyki confirmed. "Are you hard for me?"

"Yes."

"Me too. Let's see who can make the other cum first."

"Stroke yourself," Lavi told him. Pretend its me." Tyki did, and listened to the delicate noises coming from Lavi's throat as he was obviously doing the same. Tyki used the lotion in the bathroom to make the glide against his cock smoother.

Tyki could soon hear the sounds of Lavi's fisting. Tyki groaned. "I'm imagining you writhing, pumping your beautiful cock, other hand running up your chest, pinching your hardened nipple...

Lavi moaned. Soon, the redhead said, "Imagine me sucking you off. My mouth around your cock." Tyki did, much to his pleasure, and stroked faster.

"You have a very talented mouth," Tyki assured him with double meaning.

"I can taste you're precum on my tongue."

Tyki growled, massaged his balls with his other hand - thrust into his fist. "We're in a 69, my fat cock down your throat, and I'm sucking you so good that you're about to explode - coming in my mouth."

Lavi gasped and moaned at the same time. All was quiet for some time except the sounds of their moans, and their hands, as they joined together in their minds, in the picture they painted together.

Tyki was close. So close. So was Lavi. Tyki came, with an, "Ah!," whiting out with pleasure, dick pulsing in his hand.

Lavi was fisting himself frantically, and came with a gasp, then a deep moan.

"I'm gunna fuck you so hard when I see you," Tyki promised.

"You better."

They spent some minutes in the afterglow in contented silence. Then Tyki said, "It's getting late. Good night. I love you."

"I love you, too, you sex monster."

"You never turn me down. You love it."

"I do."

~

After a successful sale, and some days with his friends planning the business, Tyki came home. The company he bought was indeed run terribly and he had a lot to fix. The rest he could do from home, with phone calls and letters, for a while.

Tyki greeted Lavi, and told him excitedly about it all, as he took of his top hat and scarf and placed them on Lavi affectionately.

That night, he slept peacefully and satedly, spooning Lavi tight.

Tyki dreamed. And it was a fantastic dream. But it was what came after that would stick with Tyki the most.

It was night. Tyki kissed Lavi hungrily as they sat on the beach they'd visited, clothes abandoned long ago. They roved over each others bodies with patient, thorough, hands. Lavi was all fire and tenderness.

The Noah sucked on Lavi's neck, making him moan. The redhead pushed him down to the sand and straddled him, renewing their kisses.

Time seemed to skip and Lavi was riding him with abandon. Tyki held his hips and watched as Lavi writhed on top of him.

Tyki sat up and kissed him passionately. Lavi wrapped his arms around his shoulders with a smile as he rotated his hips deliciously.

They heard footsteps on the sand, and turned to see Allen approach them. Tyki understood with his dream knowledge that Allen was welcome. Expected.

Lavi turned in Tyki's lap as Allen started taking off his clothes. Tyki thrust up slowly into Lavi from their new position. Allen watched them with interest, then knelt in front of Lavi. The redhead leaned forward and started kissing Allen. The Noah thought that was one of the hottest things he's ever seen in his life. Their hands slid over each other, and settled between each others legs. Tyki raked his hand over Lavi's stomach, then helped Allen pump Lavi.

Allen broke the kiss and looked past Lavi's shoulder to Tyki. They both pressed forward against Lavi, eyes locked, and kissed over his shoulder. He was warm and soft and sweet.

After a long moment, Allen pulled back and guided Lavi down to lay on top of him. Lavi tenderly smoothed Allen's hair out of his face.

~

The scene of his dream went suddenly black. Tyki stood, and he was clothed in a button-up shirt and trousers.

Then, before him, stood Road Kamelot. She looked older - maybe 17. Her humanity must have caught up with her. (Tyki seemed to be aging more quickly than when he was a full Noah himself).

"You have a very dirt mind, Tyki Mikk," she commented.

"Road," he acknowledged surprised.

"Tyki. Its been so long," she said warmly. As always, Tyki didn't take her tone at face value.

"You're alive. I wasn't sure. I mean, you weren't harmed in your world, only the physical one. But, I haven't seen or heard from you."

"Did you miss me?"

Tyki didn't answer, but he was sure she read his mixed feelings. Hate and resentment, love and concern. "Are you healed?"

"I'm feeling much better." Not a complete answer. "And so I came to see you."

"Are you in the real world too?"

She didn't answer. "I see you're enjoying yourself - being mostly human, thwarting the selfish, loving your Lavi."

"Yes. And how is being mostly human treating you?"

Road made a face. "It's been difficult. I have a hard time controlling my emotions. And I find myself enjoying frivolities, looking at the boys..." She blushed a little. Tyki was surprised to realize it was a genuine reaction.

"Have you come to your cool uncle for dating advice, then?" Tyki asked playfully.

"No," she answered, frustrated. "I don't want to get caught up in all that."

"I'll give you some anyway: get caught up in it. It's part of the human condition, and one of the most amazing things in the world."

She scoffed.

"C'mon, I mean, its not completely new for you. You had a thing for Allen, right?"

"How is Allen?" she asked.

He knew she asked questions so that he would pull the answers to the front of his mind, but he answered anyway. "Very happy."

"With Kanda."

"Yes."

An image of Allen as he looks now suddenly stood next to Road. She turned to the side and looked at him, lingering on his face. "He's very handsome."

"He is," Tyki agreed."But he's a lost cause. He and Kanda will always be together."

"It doesn't stop you from dreaming about him though, does it?" she teased.

"That's the great thing about having an imagination. You can conjure up anything you like. You should know, Noah of Dreams."

"Your dirty fantasies aren't Dreams."

Tyki shrugged. "Humans Dream both big and small."

"I'll tell you what my Dream is," Road said meaningfully. Tyki nodded in encouragement. "My Dream is to restore what was lost. To bring the Millennium Earl back to this world, and cleanse it as he was always meant to do."

Tyki bared his teeth. "The Millennium Earl is dead, and he's not coming back."

"You won't help me then," she confirmed.

"What are you planning?"

She didn't answer. Road has obviously labeled him as uncooperative, or as an opponent, and will say no more.

Tyki grew worried. Afraid. "I love my life. Don't do anything to mess it up," he said savagely. "If you try, I will stop you."

"Good-bye Tyki, it really was nice to see you," she said sadly.

~

Tyki woke up abruptly with a start. He ran his fingers through his sweaty hair in consternation.
Lavi woke up blearily next to him. "What's wrong?" Tyki told him, shakily. "We have to tell Komui. It can't be a coincidence."

"Its not. I can tell it was really her."

It was the early morning, sun just lighting the window shade. Well, no going back to sleep now.

~

Tyki didn't want to seem frazzled when he talked to Komui so they agreed to do so after breakfast - when he'd had some time to compose himself.

The morning paper was already at the dining table when he sat down. Scanning the business section absentmindedly, he saw the picture of a man he didn't expect to see. The article said he was Viral Parayil, a Technologist from London that was gaining worldwide attention for his inventions.

Tyki knew him better with a different name. Mightra.

Putting that gigantic brain to use, was he? He wondered if Mightra got a visit from Road as well, and what they might have said to each other.

He went to the phone and asked the Operator to put him through to Viral Parayil.

Chapter 4: Love

Notes:

By now, you have a sense of how different these relationships are from each other. Allen and Kanda are very loving and devoted. Lavi and Tyki are very passionate together, and sometimes express their love through experiences with others. And you will start to see the more adversarial beginnings between Komui and Mightra.
This chapter contrasts these differences and they will all get some air time here (Tyki and Lavi very explicitly in the second half).

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

Kanda.

Kanda and Allen walk into the swordsman's house on the Arc. It was small and minimalist, with just a few pictures of calming landscapes of places he'd been, and items he'd collected or been gifted by Allen. He'd liked it here. It was just as they left it on their last day. Kanda's cleaned tea cup and plate were still where he set them out to dry. Kanda picked up the cup. No dust. Just, exactly the same.

They walked around inside the Arc's tower. Everything was the same there, too. What was new to them, however, was that there was a room that Viral revealed by tipping a book in the lounge. Kanda was annoyed that there was something secret on board that they never found when they lived there.

It was a laboratory. It was mostly empty but had obviously been full, once. It had records, and computers and unknowable contraptions scattered about. "Most of my lab made it to the new Arc in the download Road performed - but not everything," he explained. "Its enough though. This is where I can command this Arc manually, though its a much slower process for me than for a Player."

Kanda and Allen watched him for a while as he deftly used a terminal.

"We'll keep looking around the Arc," Kanda told Viral. Viral waved them off without looking. Kanda took Allen's hand and tugged lightly. They both went back outside the tower and started walking around.

"Should we really leave him alone?" Allen asked.

"I can't just stand around watching him," Kanda explained. "Plus, he's had access to the Arc all this time. What's the difference?"

"You're probably right. It's just hard not to be suspicious. Like, is he going to capture us here and put us at the top of the tower and our friends will have to save us?"

"We've already done all that," Kanda smiled. "A guy like that would at least go for some originality."

Allen laughed.

They came across a door that Allen recognized. Kanda followed his gaze and smiled. Kanda tugged his hand again and they went inside.

A grove of cherry blossoms were in full bloom around them, petals falling. This was the first room that Allen made for Kanda. Kanda's face went tranquil as he looked on, and he squeezed his hand.

"This is where our first date was," Allen commented.

"I remember," Kanda smiled softly. "And many dates after." They walked further into the room so that they were surrounded by the trees.

Kanda faced him and said, "And, it's where you first told me that you loved me."

"And you said you loved me, too," Allen answered smiling, remembering.

Then they'd made love, unhurried, under the tree near the bridge.

Kanda put his arms around Allen's shoulders and looked at him as he remembered. Allen wrapped his arms around Kanda's waist, blushing a little.

That was over three years ago. And Kanda loved him even more now. He loved Allen so much. Now, they lived together and were making a life together. And Kanda couldn't imagine a life without Allen. He'd gotten too close to losing him at the end the war, and he never wanted to feel that way again - so anxious and desperate.

At first, when Kanda joined Allen on the Arc, he lived to help Allen out of honor. Now, he lived out of love.

Love shined brightly in Allen's eyes.

"Will you marry me?" Kanda asked Allen suddenly.

Allen gasped in astonishment.

Kanda's heart was in his throat. He thought, this is where Allen would usually tell him that he has to say things out loud if he wanted people to understand him. So Kanda explained, in words, all the things he was thinking right before he asked that question.

This included Cross' unsolicited offer to marry them that he'd made the the last time they'd seen him. He'd said it boisterously, and Kanda hadn't taken it seriously - but maybe Cross saw then what Kanda sees now.

And Allen's focus was fully on him, face soft and open. When Kanda was done, Allen said, "Yes!" right away, and kissed him, crashing into him.

They savored those kisses - each other - for a long time. Kanda wondered if they had time to find that cuddle tree.

Until an uncomfortable Komui said in their ears, "Just a reminder - that I'm on the line and can hear everything perfectly."

The two broke the kiss slowly and each huffed out a breath. Kanda got used to having their privacy back at home, after a lifetime of living without any. It was definitely annoying.

"And congratulations," Komui added.

"Thanks," Allen said, flushed and smiling. "Later," Allen mouthed to Kanda. Kanda smiled back a bit wickedly in promise.

Kanda got a sudden burst of inspiration. Wordlessly, he took his extra hair tie out of his pocket. A long spiral of thick red strands, and tied it around Allen's arm. He was able to cross it over twice, halfway up the length of his forearm before tying it off.

Kanda hadn't planned this, but giving him something of his felt right. Allen got the meaning immediately. He stared at his tied arm, grazed it with his fingers, and then fished his extra hair tie out of his own pocket. A black ribbon. He wrapped it around Kanda's wrist a few times and closed it. Kanda's heart felt warm. So warm. His wrist still felt the ghost of Allen's fingers. Kanda kissed him again.

"Sorry to interrupt," Viral said politely, walking in. "I'm finished, and we'd better get to your headquarters soon if we're going to have enough time before meeting with Tyki."

"My analysis of your agent is complete," Komui said. "It's not toxic, or dangerous, but its hard for me to say what it is exactly.

"Blood manipulation, to put it simply," Viral said. "I don't mind explaining it further in person."

"Alright. Yes. Please come through. I've secured your robe as we discussed."

~

Allen came through the Arc gate and Leenalee bounded into his arms. "Welcome back, Allen," she said. Then she stepping back, her arms still on his.

"Glad to be back," he replied warmly.

Komui was there, too, and Allen smiled at him. Kanda, then Viral, came through the gate next, and there were greetings and introductions all around.
"How's Nathan?" Allen asked her as they walked to the lab conference table. Nathan was a Finder that she'd been dating for the past year.

"We broke up," she reported, slight bend to her brow. "I broke up with him actually."

"Oh? Why?"

"Tell you later," she promised, eyeing her brother.

"Right."

~

Komui.

Komui shook Viral's hand, warm in his grasp, and looked into his fiercely intelligent, dark brown eyes. His gaze was open, yet assessing. It was similar to Komui's own. His yellow and green embroidered jacket was elegant, and suited his air of unobtrusive confidence.

Viral took in Komui's height (tallest in the room, as ever), his lab coat, the blunt cut of his hair. Right before Komui started dating again, with Tyki's assistance in learning some friendly faces and where to go to meet men, Tyki insisted he change his hair. He'd listened, and got it cut straight below his chin line. It was now Tyki-approved.

Next, Viral was glancing around the lab, and as they walked, Komui found himself pointing out what a few things were here and there.

When they were all seated, Komui directly across from Viral, Komui folded his hands in front of him on the tabletop, and began, "Welcome again, Dr. Parayil."

"Viral, please," he insisted.

"Viral. Then, please call me Komui. To get started, am I to understand that Road's been in contact with you - attempted to recruit you - in bringing back the Millennium Earl? And that you made contact with Kanda and Allen, and set up a meeting with Tyki Mikk, in order to forge a partnership against her?"

"Yes, Komui, you've explained the situation quite succinctly. And now, allow me to elaborate. Its important to me that you trust my motives. Its the foundation of a partnership, I think. I live a human life - developing technology to make the world better. I want to see my mentor proud of me. I love seeing my hometown prosper. I lost the favor of my fiancee in my absence as a Noah, but I hope to find someone to share my life with. In short, I do not want Road to succeed."

Komui nodded. "That's wonderful to hear. You'll find that Tyki also enjoys his human life. But what of you ideology? Do you truly no longer believe, after 7000 years, in bringing the 'flood' to this world?"

"I'm surprised you can ask that after what I've said so far," Viral asserted. Komui gave him a slightly displeased look. "Perhaps you just want me to say it plainly. I not only don't want my loved ones to be in danger, I don't want anyone in this world to be imperilled in that way.

The flood was meant to rid the world of the wicked, and we did have enemies back then that we could easily call evil - but in truth, anyone can be wicked and anyone can be good, depending on their point of view and their circumstances. And so, in effect, the flood was meant to make the survivors grateful and want to do good.

The reason I truly no longer wish it is because I forgot what it was to be human...until now. It was a callous decision at the start, and even more callous as we moved through time."

Komui accepted the logic, but Viral's attitude still held some aloofness that meant he should not bet on his capacity for compassion. On the other hand, there could be other reasons for this. Some thought of Komui the same way - both as a Director and scientist. "Thank you, Viral. Is there anything about the Order you wish to know that will ease your mind in the same way you've eased mine?"

"No, I have you well figured out," he said confidently, and ever so slightly disdainfully.

"I sense disapproval from you, Viral."

Viral sighed. "Please, don't take offence. I know and trust in the Exorcists. The Innocence chose them after all. And I have the impression that certain members of the Order are also righteous - but many are not. Kanda and Leenalee can attest to that, I think, among others," he finished meaningfully.

"I don't deny our failures," Komui allowed. "What's your impression of me in that case?"

"Largely honorable, yet troublingly permissive of the evils that plague your ranks."

Komui tried to tamp down his defensiveness, getting angry. Could he really know so much? Komui has guessed at troubling things in the highest ranks that he can't define. And as for permissiveness, he's had no choice. Its been a sacrifice that helped get him his job as Director - gives him the access he needs to keep the Exorcists safe. He was not inclined to legitimize Viral's claim by defending it, however.

"That's not fair," Allen called out, instead. "We're lucky to have Komui. If you trust in me, then trust in him, too." Kanda and Leenalee agreed. Komui was touched.

"Very well," Viral said. "Then I'm satisfied in continuing. I'll propose what I think we can do together. As you know, I can grant temporary access to Noah power with medication. You'll have full use of an Arc.

Next, with my Noah power diminished, and knowing I can't spend every hour of every day on this medication, I need help in figuring out some technical problems. That is where I need you, Komui."

Komui nodded, and urged him to continue.

"Well, given Road's recruitment efforts, I'm inclined to believe that she has a physical form. You all may not be aware, but Road can only enter someone's dream from within the same town. So she's moving around physically.

And even though she's only a 'quarter-Noah', as we all are, she has enough strength to use her door, albeit not as often as before. That makes her wily. Another Arc would come in handy to get around and offset her advantage. Especially since Allen's Arc will only be operational part-time - that is, so long as he uses the medication.

So please, help me fix my Arc, and figure out a faster way to drive it." At that he pulled out a thick report that he had in his travel bag and placed it emphatically in front on Komui.

Komui picked it up and leafed through it. It was full of schematics, processes and diagnostics. For Noah's Arc. He tried very hard to control his excitement as he had a complete meltdown at the flush of ingenious information. And it was ingenious. He suspected he failed completely. "As I'm sure you know, this work is brilliant. I'll help you," he said, and looked up at him.

Viral smiled genuinely and thanked him, making his face light up. Komui started to think that somehow, knowing that this work came out of Viral's head made Komui look at him differently.

Komui somehow managed to get to the next subject without gushing to Viral about his work. "I have one more question for you, if you don't mind."

"Please. We have a little time left."

"What exactly did Road say to you? Perhaps we can glean more information from what she's said."

"What did she say to Tyki?"

Komui told him.

"The exact same information, Nothing more than that, I'm afraid."

"Alright, Viral. Thank you. I accept our partnership." Komui stood and held out his hand.

Viral shook it. "As do I. So, when can I get my robe back?"

"After the first successful test of that medication."

Viral nodded his acceptance of the terms, and turned. "Time is short. Allen, Kanda, let's meet with Tyki."

Viral went through the gate first.

"Arrogant, isn't he," Komui commented to the Exorcists.

Allen tried not to laugh (and Komui suspected it was at his expense), and Kanda said, "We'll keep him in line."

"I'm sure you will. Watch out that he doesn't get the upper hand in some way. I trust him enough to start this partnership, but remember he could be angling for some unseen advantage."

Kanda nodded seriously.

"And I don't know how Viral and Tyki will act when they're together. Watch out for potential violence."

Kanda nodded again.

~~

Lavi.

Lavi was at one of Tyki's friend's fancy little dinner parties. A friend that shared some of his ideals and who he talked to about such things often.

Which is why its not a total surprise, but it was very surprising for Lavi to see an old acquaintance. A very intimate acquaintance. Sofia.
He'd met her on a mission in southern Italy in the first year that he lived on the Arc.
While the first girl he'd been with was a sweet farm girl, his second, Sophia, was the worldly daughter of a successful businessman. She'd inherited her father's business when he passed and was very good at it.

She'd liked him for his own worldliness, as an Exorcist and a Bookman. Lavi smiled fondly as he remembered, then he approached her.

"Lavi!" she exclaimed in surprised excitement. "It's been a long time. What brings you here?" Her long black hair was pulled up in an intricate style, and she wore a beguiling dress of black lace and white trim. Her red lipstick and shadowed eyes made her look beautiful, but it was her expression that made him feel welcome.

Lavi was in a fine Bookman outfit. He'd figured out how to blend with this crowd well by now.

"It really has," he confirmed. Then he explained, "A lot of the changes in this world are happening right here, among these people."

She smiled brightly. "I'm glad you think so! It's my aim to do just that."

"I'm not surprised. You're a powerful combination of kind and shrewd."

"That I am," she answered wryly.

"My boyfriend also brings me here," Lavi thought it was prudent to say, as things were getting flirty on both their parts.

"Oh?" she asked beguilingly, "Who? Point him out to me." Lavi did. "He's quite handsome," she declared. "And, interestingly enough," she went on, "speaking closely with my husband."

Indeed, it looked like the two were hitting it off. Tyki giving one of his sexy smiles, and him laughing with interest.

"Athenos. He's the newly appointed Greek diplomat. We met on his travels to my town, when he was appointed to Italy. We found we had many things in common," she smiled. "He...would like to do good in this world, same as I do."

"Same as Tyki," Lavi added. "Maybe they found some of that common ground."

"Let's surprise them both, and approach them arm-in-arm," she said conspiratorially.

Lavi offered his arm with a smile.

~

The next night, Sofia and Athenos were at the mansion with Lavi and Tyki. The four hit it off really well the night before and so they made plans to get to know each other better.

But it was more than that. That playful flirtyness he'd had with Sofia had been present between Tyki and Athenos as well, and then among them all as they talked last night.

Tyki confirmed later that he thought Lavi wasn't wrong about the mood between them all.

Lavi learned that Athenos was born into a well-to-do family, but was not satisfied with the status-quo, and did what he could for the sailors and builders in his shipping businesses. Sofia used her expertise in aiding in his business while maintaining hers, and though it was Athenos that was appointed diplomat, they worked together always in this. Tyki was of course interested in how he did his business, as he was essentially doing the same thing in mining.

So now, Lavi and Athenos sat on a couch in the drawing room and talked - Lavi finding that as Athenos had a taste for history they had some things in common themselves.

And, as the night went on, the flirtyness intensified. Athenos looked at him admiringly and Lavi felt his body warm. The Greek man was handsome, had a nice smile, and had a wonderful mixture of kindness and boldness.

After a while, it was Sofia with Lavi on one couch, and Tyki and Athenos on the one opposite. She was wearing red tonight, her hair down in a more natural style. After a time of easy conversation, they found themselves complimenting each others partners, sitting close. And then Sofia complimented him, with, "You've become an even greater man since I knew you years ago, and even more handsome."

"And what about you?," he answered with a smile. "The world needs more people like you. I say that to Tyki all the time, too. And, you're truly beautiful."

"She is, isn't she," Athenos said to him from the other couch. Tyki and Athenos were also sitting very close. "I'm very lucky to have found her."

"Tyki," Sofia called, "would you mind if I showed Lavi how much I appreciated his compliment?" She was blushing slightly.

"Not at all," he said easily, and with a hint of anticipation. "In fact, I think that we all get along so well, that we should celebrate such a rare and wonderful thing."

They all looked at each other then, and found nothing but approval and interest among them.

Lavi looked at Sofia. Let himself remember what he felt for her back then, and added to that what he felt for her now. Her cheeks flushed further and he felt the same on his cheeks. He leaned in and kissed her softly, then again, then they sunk into the kiss. She opened her mouth, and Lavi delved his tongue inside to meet hers.

Lavi heard movement from the other couch, labored breaths, and the sound of kissing. Lavi and Sofia looked to them and saw the two men exploring each others mouths. Lavi's body flushed with desire.

Sofia kissed him again. She was warm and soft and demanding all at once.

They took their time. Then he ran his hands up her breasts and into her hair. She grabbed his shirt and ran her hand along his leg.

Sofia got up, heat in her eyes, winked at Lavi, and sat next to Tyki. She touched his arm gently and he turned to her. When he saw her expression he smiled and kissed her. Lavi admired the way they looked together, and Athenos did the same as he got up and sat next to Lavi.

"You two really are rare friends, for lack of a better word," Lavi said with genuine affection.

"Absolutely. Something not to be wasted." Athenos put a hand on the side of his face and kissed him. And Lavi did feel lucky, to share this with him, with them. When Lavi pushed forward into Athenos, making Athenos tilt back a bit and lift his head, he moaned.

They went on for a while, hands starting to wander, until there was a knock on the door for their service. Tyki asked his maid to hold on for a moment until everyone was composed, and she presented them with snacks and more wine.

When she left with Tyki's thanks, they all nibbled on fruits and chocolate in their pleasant half-haze. It was then that they all stated plainly where they wanted this to go.

And they were all of the same mind.

"Lavi, Tyki, I would love to see how you are together when you kiss. It will help us know what you like. Will you show us?" asked Athenos. Sofia smiled and went to join her husband on the other couch, as Tyki sat next to Lavi.

Tyki had grabbed a strawberry along the way and put it between his teeth. Lavi laughed when Tyki leaned in close, and then nibbled a small bite. Then a larger one so their lips touched. Tyki ate the rest. Now when they kissed it tasted of strawberry.

Kissing Tyki was always overwhelming. And despite the fun he was having with the others, being with Tyki was beyond comparison. Their kisses were confident and thorough.

Lavi climbed on top of him as Tyki lay back on the couch, making out all the while.

"You're both gorgeous together," Sophia exclaimed breathily. Athanos agreed.

They took off each others shirts and reveled in their touches of newly exposed skin. Tyki bit at his neck.

Sophia sat on Athanos' lap like a seat as they watched on, rocking slightly as he skimmed her skin with his hands.

"Now you," Lavi encouraged the other couple.

Sophia turned around in his lap and kissed him passionately. Lavi lay on Tyki's chest as they watched, Tyki stroking his back.

Athanos unzipped her gown and pulled the top down, revealing her black lace bra and sensuous curves. Her shape was womanly, compared to the girl she was when he first knew her. Lavi bit his hand in arousal, then thought it would be even better to bite Tyki's chest instead, so he did. The reason wasn't lost on Tyki. The Noah smiled ground his cock against Lavi's stomach.

Now Athenos was shirtless as well. He was well toned, Lavi found, with a slim build.

Tyki cupped Lavi's ass and kissed him again.

The two couples kept on for a while.

Until Sophia called, "Lavi, come here?" Tyki gave Lavi a squeeze of encouragement and Lavi went to her. Athanos went to Tyki.

Lavi, inspired by Tyki, took a piece of chocolate along the way and put it between his teeth when he sat down. She smiled and bit off her half, their lips pressed together.

Then they were kissing - she, sliding her dress down the rest of the way, and he, taking his pants off. She straddled him in her matching lace underwear and he held her at the waist. He felt her full waist, her arms, her breasts. She trailed her hands over him as well. He took off her bra and kissed her breasts, sucked her nipples, making her moan. She ground against his dick.

When Lavi looked to the two men, they were kissing and stroking each other's cocks. Lavi hardened further at the sight.

Tyki looked to Lavi and Sophia, and said, "Shall we go the bedroom?"

~

The four were in bed in the large master bedroom. They decided to take off of the rest of their garments right before getting in, full of excited energy.

Lavi lay on top of Sophia and kissed her - kissed a slow trail down her body. Tyki did much the same to Athenos. Lavi and Sophia stopped a moment to watch as Tyki pleasured Athanos' dick with his mouth. Then Lavi ducked between her spread legs and licked her sex delicately right up the seam. He loved her sounds, her scent, as he licked and sucked at her folds, her clit. When he pushed his tongue inside her.

She grabbed his hair with abandon, which he loved, but it also shifted his eye patch and he adjusted it.

"Grab on the top and a bit to the far side," Tyki told her helpfully.

She did. She grabbed his hair more and more tightly as he pleasured her with his mouth. Licking, sucking, thrusting.

Lavi could hear her gasps, and hear the way Tyki was fingering Athenos. Could feel how the bed moved from the motion. Shit.

"Come here," Sophia beckoned.

Lavi kissed her and she rolled them over. Then she gave him the same attentions he'd given her. She ghosted her lips over his dick before surrounding him with her warm, soft mouth. She sucked him gently, then more forcefully, moving her hand up and down his base. He saw Athenos was sucking an enraptured Tyki now. Lavi closed his eye with pleasure.

Sophia climbed on top of Lavi, eyes full of excited mischief. She kissed him, then whispered in his ear, "What a treat to be with you, Lavi, while I listen to my husband getting fucked." The other pair heard her as well, because all three men groaned at her words.

Sophia sunk onto Lavi. Tyki pushed into Athanos. And for a long time the four lost themselves. Sofia's soft confidence was entrancing. The bed dipped at each others movements - and the sounds of kisses, moans, and thrusts filled the air.

At length, Tyki came up next to Sophia, who was now underneath Lavi, dove his hand between them and rubbed her clit rhythmically. With his other hand he massaged her breast. She moaned her approval. Lavi massaged the other. Athanos kissed her and combed his fingers through her hair. She came, pulsing around Lavi's cock.

Tyki then went behind Lavi, and stroked his ass. Teased his rim.

"Can I?" Sophia asked with interest, panting from her release.

Lavi lay down and Sophia fingered him gently. Athenos leaned over the redhead, kissed him, then started sucking Lavi's arousal. Feeling the attentions of them both was all-consuming. Tyki kissed Lavi, pinched his nipples, overwhelming him. She brushed his prostate, making him gasp. Tyki smiled against his mouth.

Then Tyki was inside Lavi, and the world narrowed to the two of them. Tyki kissed him heatedly, sucked on his throat. Lavi clawed at his back. Sophia and Athenos were having sex next to them - so close that Lavi easily took her hand and twined their fingers.

The heat between them all climbed quickly.

Tyki fucked Lavi roughly from a sitting position, and Athenos climbed lithely onto Lavi, impaling himself on his cock. Lavi wrapped his arms around Athenos' waist. It was all tight heat, and lighting bolts of pleasure. Sophia watched the three of them. Then she went to Lavi, grabbed his hair and kissed him. It was all too much for Lavi, and he came, head upturned as Tyki sucked on his neck.

They let Lavi go and he crashed dazedly to the bed. When he was able to focus, he saw that Tyki was inside of Athenos, and Sophia ran her hand along his cock. Lavi joined in, and used his mouth on him, while Sophia kissed him.

Athenos came fitfully into Lavi's mouth - and Lavi discreetly shared the cum in his mouth with Tyki in a kiss. Tyki groaned with unbridled excitement. The Noah was holding back his wilder tendencies, Lavi knew, and wanted to treat him.

Tyki renewed his attention to Athenos, now seeking his own release.

Sophia rode her husband's face, and Lavi went behind her and rubbed her clit, massaged her breast, sucked her neck.

Lavi and Tyki's eyes locked hotly. Then Tyki leaned forward and sucked on her breast, buried his face in her chest. Lavi watched Tyki become awash in pleasure, and completely undone in the way that only he could.

Sophia came, moaning her pleasure.

And Tyki came with a deep bellow, totally enraptured.

They fell asleep soon after, Lavi and Sophia together in the middle, Tyki spooning Lavi and Athenos spooning Sophia.

~

The four woke up slowly and lazily in the morning, and took their time in getting dressed.

Lavi heard a strange sound outside. A sound he hadn't heard in a long time. He looked through the window blinds and saw, to his surprise, an Arc gate. Allen walked out of it, then Kanda, then, presumably, Mightra, who Tyki was set to meet with later today.

They were early!! Hours early.

"Tyki!" he called.

Notes:

Next time: the gang meets up!

Chapter 5: Together

Chapter Text

Allen.

Lavi opened the door to the grand Kamelot Mansion before Allen could even knock. The redhead looked happy enough to see them, but disgruntled at the same time. His clothes were rumpled and his hair looked finger-combed at most.

Lavi greeted them warmly, making Allen smile and return the greeting, and ushered them inside. They were met by Tyki in the foyer, wearing a long black robe with red trim, hands in his pockets.

"You're early, Mightra. Wanted to see me in my robe did you?" Tyki drawled.

"Viral, if you don't mind," he corrected with a more casual tone than Allen's heard from him so far, "And yes, I'm early. I thought it best to keep you on your toes. I didn't know what you had planned for me later today. It's also why I brought some friends. As for your state of dress, that's neither here nor there." Allen noticed Viral look Tyki over for a moment anyway.

"Friends?" asked Lavi, looking at Allen and Kanda, amused that Viral was counting them on his side.

Allen explained briefly what's happened between he, Kanda, and Viral so far. "I didn't know we were early," he clarified at the end. "Sorry."

Just then, a beautiful woman and handsome man came down the stairs. "Allen Walker!" the woman greeted amicably once they descended.

"Sophia," Allen called, surprised, as he recognized her. "It's been a long time."

"It has." She introduced her husband.

Allen was taken aback by this turn of events.

"Dr. Viral Parayil, yes? A pleasure," Athanos greeted. Tyki introduced them, taking on a friendlier tone, and they exchanged a few words.

"We'd best be off, we have plans for 11 o'clock and we're not nearly ready," Athanos told Tyki and Lavi.

"I'd offer you breakfast but I wouldn't keep you," Tyki said warmly. We'll show you out."

Tyki, Lavi, Sophia and Athanos headed for the front door together. Viral perked a meaningful eyebrow at Allen and Kanda. The four generously kissed cheeks goodbye. When Tyki and Lavi turned toward Allen and the rest, all of the Exorcists blushed awkwardly.

Allen just knew that Lavi was going to pick up Tyki's habits, he thought. It didn't take long did it?

"You haven't changed much, Tyki," Viral commented. "Well," he amended, "except for the fact that you keep at least someone close to you. An indication of your humanity, I think. Something that we both have in common."

Tyki looked nonplussed and Lavi kept a neutral expression.

"I find that I rather like my humanity, and would like to keep it," Viral segued.

"It's not time for our meeting yet," Tyki declared. "I'm too busy until then. Well, I'll let the staff know its six for breakfast." Tyki walked lazily away. Lavi pointed out the dining room.

A few minutes later, Tyki met them all at the table with his sister-in-law, Tricia, who lived with them. Tyki's told Allen of how he enjoyed having her there. He loved her now as family in the way he couldn't before as a Noah.

They were served an assortment of eggs, sausage, fruits, and toast not long after. Tyki ate sedately and chatted with everyone but Viral, who he pointedly ignored. Then Tyki excused himself and went upstairs.

"He is prone to his moods," Tricia apologized for him.

"Oh, we're all well-aware," Viral assured her. "He and I used to work together."

"Oh, doing what?" she engaged, then second-guessed her question, shadows now in her expression. "If you don't mind me asking," she amended. Allen knew that Tricia believes that the Earl was a now-disgraced noble that her husband unwittingly aided, which led to the tragic death of her family and the Earl himself.

"I developed an automatic calculator for Sheryl, and Tyki let me know the requirements," Viral lied smoothly - kindly, Allen thought.

Tricia smiled.

She was a truly delightful person and they were well entertained until she excused herself as well.

"So," Allen started, when she left, "what's with Sophia and her husband?"

"Don't be a busybody," Kanda told him.

"It's not like that," Lavi explained. "I mean, it is like that, but its not like you're thinking. We're not having a wild time every night. Just...some nights." He scrutinized Allen's face. "I can see my explanation isn't helping. Forget it."

"Some nights?" Allen pressed, truly wanting to know.

Kanda kicked him under the table.

Viral laughed. "You have standards," he added, aiding Lavi.

"Exactly," Lavi said."You get it. Thank you."

"And they look to be very good standards, if your guests this morning are any indication." The two shared a look. Sizing each other up? Or...

"Are you two flirting?" Kanda asked them both accusingly.

Allen sighed.

"Not exactly. Tyki and I have a past," Viral offered in explanation.

'Not exactly' isn't a 'no'. And what 'past'? Allen's head was about to explode at the amount of intrigue going on at this table, but he didn't ask any more questions on that topic.

Soon Lavi wanted to go upstairs as well, saying he should take a shower. So he offered two spare bedrooms in case the three wanted to rest while they waited.

~

Kanda.

Kanda and Allen waited patiently in the bedroom for an hour. But the more time passed, the more impatient Kanda got.

Allen took the opportunity to call Leenalee, to catch up with her on gossip as he'd promised. So Kanda overheard how Leenalee broke up with Nathan because deep down he wasn't comfortable being with a woman who could crush his head like a watermelon with her legs. And Allen told her how they were engaged, and she squealed with joy and asked a lot of question. Then she talked about how Komui got dumped by his sweet boyfriend because he spent too much time working.

They've been at the mansion for hours, and accomplished nothing so far. Tyki hasn't left his room yet. What was he doing to get ready that was taking so long, anyway? Shaving his legs?

After another twenty minutes, Kanda couldn't take it anymore. He told Allen he would get things moving and stormed into Tyki's room. He didn't see him, but he could hear talking and laughing from the adjoining bathroom.

Seeing red, he stormed into the bathroom, and yelled, "You're taking all damn day! Get your ass out here and we'll finally start this meeting!"

It was then that Kanda noticed that Tyki was in the bathtub, and Lavi was sitting on the edge of the tub with his pants rolled up and legs in the water.

"Kanda! Get of here!" Lavi yelled, annoyed. Kanda was turning red, but didn't budge. He was tired of their shit already and he just got here!

Tyki sighed and rested his arms on either side of the tub. "I have to wait until the meeting time we agreed on."

Lavi nodded his agreement. "Viral's tried a power-play to get the upper hand. This will even things out."

Kanda knew very little about politics like that, but those two know a lot about it - live and breathe it nowadays. He nodded his agreement reluctantly, and with a frown. "I'll have to trust your judgement then," he replied. The two smiled slightly at his acknowledgement.

Lavi apologized. Saying that they should have told Kanda what they were thinking.

"Enjoy yourselves in the meantime," Tyki said jovially. Kanda's frown dissolved into neutrality. He apologized awkwardly, and left the room.

Kanda went back to the spare bedroom and found Allen in its own adjoining bathroom, in the tub. He was leaning back, completely relaxed, and opened one eye at Kanda. Kanda smiled a little, went to lean against the bathroom door frame, and told him what happened.

"I had a feeling there was no hurrying him," Allen said. "You know...we haven't been alone since we got engaged...Come on in." Allen sat up to make room.

Kanda enjoyed the heat of the bath with Allen, residual anger leaving him, for about ten minutes - until Allen started playing footsie with him in the water. Kanda laughed and leaned forward toward Allen. He tickled his side and Allen screamed a laugh, then retaliated.

Allen pulled Kanda to him and kissed him with a smile on his face. Then Allen deepened the kiss and Kanda opened his mouth to him - filling him with joy and ardor.

Kanda palmed Allen's dick, and found he was already hard. So was Kanda, which Allen could tell for himself a moment later. Kanda's body tingled with desire.

"Sit on the edge of the tub," Kanda told him. Allen did, and Kanda leaned in and kissed him wherever he could reach. He settled between his legs and sucked his inner thigh, higher and higher, reaching his cock. He grazed his lips up his length and put him in his mouth. He lavished his dick with attention, swallowing water droplets.

"Is this the kind of celebrating you meant? Or like, ramming-you-against-the-wall kind of celebrate?" Kanda asked, heat in his voice.

"Mmm, both," Allen decided with a moan.

Kanda growled his approval and reached for the lotion bottle at the sink. Kanda fingered him with knowing fingers, as he continued to use his mouth. Allen braced himself with his legs on either side of the tub, leaning back a little on his arms - and started moving his hips. Kanda timed it so that Allen was alternately thrusting into his mouth and pushing down onto his fingers.

Allen's little noises of pleasure were driving Kanda crazy. Kanda sat up and looked at Allen. Allen's face, neck, and chest were flushed. "You're so hot like that," the swordsman told him. He stood on his knees and kissed Allen hungrily. They wrapped their arms around each other, needing more contact.

"Your turn," Allen told him and switched their positions so that Kanda was sitting on the edge of the tub.

Allen surrounded Kanda with the warm, wet, heat of his mouth. He touched him everywhere with gliding hands. And Kanda dug his fingers into his shoulders, then into his wet hair.

He watched Allen's tender licks and sucks. His eyes were closed and he could see the love on his face even now. He could feel it in the lingering strokes of his tongue.

Kanda held on as long as he could, loving this moment, even though he was certainly going to love what's next as well.

Finally, he said, "About that wall."

Allen sat up and smiled at him - kissed him.

They dried off quickly, heat pooling in Kanda's gut, and the swordsman lubed his cock before he crushed Allen to the wall of the bedroom. They kissed urgently, and Allen jumped up, arms around his neck - Kanda catching him at the hips, and slamming him into the wall.

Kanda moved his hips against Allen, making them both moan. Kanda sucked Allen's neck and Allen threw his head back.

Kanda lifted Allen higher and pinned him there. He sucked on his chest, and teased his tip against Allen's hole, over and over.

"I need you," Allen said.

They were both aching for it, for each other. Kanda started pushing inside of Allen. "You feel amazing. You always feel so perfect," Kanda told him.

Soon Kanda started a rhythm. They were both panting. Kanda could feel Allen's breath tickle his ear. He took Allen's cock in hand, and fisted him.

They moved faster, and Allen squeezed Kanda with his arms and legs. Allen was getting close. They both were. Allen clenched his teeth and suppressed a deep groan when he came. Kanda could feel him pulsing, and spilling over his hand.

Allen clenched perfectly around Kanda's cock as he continued, drawing him to the edge. Kanda came, too, head pressed against Allen's chest.

He let Allen down and they put their foreheads together for a long moment.

They cleaned up and got dressed, then lay down in the bed, facing each other. And now that they were lying down, they both realized how exhausted they were.

How long have they been awake? They arrived in India, stayed through the evening, went to the Arc, then to HQ. Now they were in Portugal and it wasn't even lunchtime here.

"Let's take a nap," Kanda said.

Allen yawned. "I'm with you."

~

Allen.

There was a soft knock on the door, and Allen answered it blearily.

It was Lavi. "Hey," he said, gently, "Sorry, did I wake you?"

"Yea, but we can't sleep all day."

"Lunch is ready. We'll start the meeting right after."

Allen's belly woke up at the announcement, and he had himself and Kanda downstairs at the dining table within five minutes.

They all ate their sandwiches in relative silence, and once the dishes were cleared, Komui and Leenalee joined them on the wireless.

Viral began with, "Tyki, I've offended you. It seems we've gotten off on the wrong foot."

"It seems to be a habit of yours," Allen commented wryly.

"By necessity, not by choice," Viral defended lightly.

"It's forgotten," Tyki said. And, indeed, he was in good spirits and clearly willing to talk.

"Then, let's start by sharing with each other what we know of what's been happening," Komui suggested.

They did, and it took some time to share it all. Viral and Tyki's dreams with Road, Viral's motivations and offer of partnership, and what technologies Viral was offering and needed help with.

"What should we do next?" Kanda asked, looking for suggestions.

"We need to know more about Road's plans. Does she want to bring the Earl back to life? Enable an entirely new Earl?" Komui said. "Are either of those possible?"

"As for the second, not without a sorcerer of the scale that the Earl was, and a willing band of devoted scientists," Viral said. "It takes both magic and science to make the spell work.

As for the first, I know of no magic or science that can revive the dead...Save for the spell that makes Akuma. It brings a deceased soul back to life, yet its enslaved to the Earl. And so, it would not work when its the Earl himself that's to be summoned.

Road mentioned the Earl's body to me though, and its place in your HQ. Komui, you have to move it immediately. And tell me, is it physically dead, or on life support?"

"I'll make preparations for transport immediately," Komui said. "But it will take some time to ready a new location. To answer your question, his tissues are being preserved for research, but he does not breathe."

"Good. That at least makes him an 'unsuitable vessel', as it were."

"Can a new body be created with the information from what's left?" Leenalee asked.
"I don't know," said Viral.

"I don't know, either," put in Komui.

"I would need to consult an accomplished sorcerer to be sure," added Viral.

"General Cross?" suggested Allen.

"Yes, of course!," exclaimed Viral.

"I'll tell him to make his way to you. Actually, this brings up the question of whether we should use the Arc. He could get to you more quickly that way. Viral, come here when this is over and we'll discuss the finer points of your medication."

"I want to use it, too," Tyki said. "Maybe Road will notice, and be willing to talk to me again. I'll get more information from her."

Lavi looked at Tyki with concern but didn't comment.

"If you do that, she'll learn of everything we're discussing now," Kanda warned.

"We don't actually know much yet, it all conjecture at this point. Now is the perfect time, before we decide on a plan," Lavi reasoned.

"It will let her know about the medication," Viral cautioned.

"Where do you keep your supply Viral? Is it safe from her?" Komui asked.

"On the Arc, which she can't reach, and some on my person. I would feel more confident in defending it if I had my robe, to be honest."

"Ok," Komui said decisively. "I'll speak with Viral, then Tyki will use the medication and talk with Road. I'll contact Cross today and have him start heading to you. And if the medication works for Tyki without ill effects, then Allen can command the Arc and bring Cross to you more directly. I'm also going to put each and every Exorcist on standby from where they already are."

Allen whistled, impressed with the set of orders. Viral looked impressed as well, but in a different way - like, recognition of a kindred spirit.

"If you don't mind, I'll go to you in the morning. I've had a long coupled of days," Viral said.

"Yes, of course," Komui allowed.

"One more thing," Viral added. "You have Sheryl and Mercym, right? Put them to sleep."

"Like, kill them?!" Allen asked, aghast.

"No, like a medical coma," Viral defended. "So deep they can't dream, if you can manage it."

~

That night after dinner, the group talked for a bit in the drawing room - the Exorcists sitting on two couches in one group, and the Noah standing near the fireplace in another.

The atmosphere was casual. The charge from before dissipated.

"Sorry for being so nosy before," Allen said to Lavi. "I was just surprised. I wasn't judging."

"Yea, I get it," Lavi told him. "I'm sorry I was defensive. You weren't supposed to see that. I was unprepared. I really like things here, but I know it can look strange to you two."

"You're our friend," Allen said. "Yea, our lives are very different now, but you know I've seen a lot, right? I just want to understand."

Lavi's expression softened. "Alright. It's like this. We don't go out looking for it, but sometimes we meet people we like - and one thing leads to another. Like, Sofia. I never expected to see her here, and at the same party as us, but she was there. And she was there with Athanos, and he and Tyki really got along." Lavi shrugged. "And it just took off."

Allen thought maybe it was a matter of personality whether something can just 'take off' like that. It happened to Cross constantly, and he knew it worked that way for Tyki. Allen also knew Lavi was smooth when he wanted to be - ever since he started in with women he met on missions...And now they were talking about a Tyki/Lavi combo!

For Allen, and for Kanda, things had come on slowly and steadily. Maybe because it ran so deep.

"I'm glad your happy, Lavi," Allen told him.

"What about you two?" Lavi asked. "You seem happy, too."

"We are," Allen said. "Its peaceful at home, and we get interesting work to keep us busy. The Order was like home for me in a lot of ways, but for the first time, I have a real home." 'And family,' he thought.

"That's great," Lavi said sincerely. "Do I hear wedding bells?" he teased.

"I don't hear anything," Kanda said, not getting the joke. "You need your hearing checked."

Allen blushed slightly and Lavi read his expression with interest. "We just got engaged today, actually."

Lavi exploded with excitement, hugging Allen and patting Kanda on the back, congratulating them emphatically. This drew the attention of Tyki and Viral and soon they were congratulating them as well.

They all talked a few minutes more before heading to bed. They were all quite tired.

Allen was the last to go upstairs. He couldn't help but study the family pictures on the walls in the foyer. Tyki's mother was beautiful, he noted. He wondered what happened to her.

When he got to the top of the stairs, he saw the door to the furthest room shut, as Viral walked away from it, looking dejected. Viral smoothed his expression when he saw Allen, and gave him a forced smile before heading into his bedroom.

Wait, 'dejected'...or 'rejected'? He couldn't help but think back to the conversation at the breakfast table. Did Viral just make a pass and got turned down? He wasn't going to ask anyone involved, but he was suddenly bursting to tell Kanda.

Chapter 6: Noah of Pleasure

Chapter Text

Komui.

Viral, dressed in fine western clothes, and Tyki, dressed casually in a button-up shirt, arrived at HQ through the Ark gate. Komui and Leenalee greeted them.

They all sat around the lab conference table, and Komui and Viral got into their technical discussion on the Noah-enhancing agent. Viral pulled out another lab report from his briefcase to help things along.

Tyki and Leenalee got bored very quickly and got up to wander around, talking amongst themselves. Both congenial by nature, they had no trouble finding things to talk about.
Unsurprisingly, Viral's work was impressive, and lent tremendous insight into what a Noah actually was in the first place. Komui had so many questions, but tried to keep them mostly to the matter at hand. Which was, of course, making certain that the agent was safe to use, and for Komui to privately decide whether its use could help Viral in some way at the expense of the Order.

Could it turn Allen or Tyki against them? Could it create a permanent change in them? After hours of discussion, Komui concluded that those didn't seem likely.

So Komui's questions expanded to the nature of Noah in general, and then they started talking about the Ark, and what Viral wanted his help with. Their talking was fast-paced and exhilarating. Full of pointed looks as if to say 'Do you see?' and 'Good point' and 'Great insight'.

Komui did not hear it, but toward the end Tyki told Leenalee, "Just wait. They're gunna start doing it within two weeks."

Leenalee was startled and didn't share his belief. "You think everyone's going to do it," she told him.

"I think plenty of people should be doing it. But my actual predictions are always right."

"Well, you do have a sense for these things, but I don't see it. Anyway, if you see who I should be dating let me know, because I have no idea."

Tyki laughed and agreed.

~

Lavi.

With Viral and Tyki gone to HQ, Lavi, Allen, and Kanda did some training together outside on the manor grounds.

Lavi hadn't really been keeping up with it, with his other responsibilities demanding his attention. Allen and Kanda hadn't slipped at all, he noticed immediately, and Kanda didn't go easy on him for a second. The redhead was on the ground, cut up and bruised more than he would like.

"You have to stay on top of training," Kanda lectured him afterward. Allen went inside the manor, likely sensing that the beratement would continue.

"Being an Exorcist hasn't been a priority lately. The world is changing and I need to see it."

"You don't have the luxury of stopping. You're a crystal type Exorcist. We don't get to quit. When trouble comes, we have to respond every time. We don't know what will happen if we betray our Innocence, but Falling may look good in comparison."

It was true. Having the Innocence in your blood is an ever bigger commitment than being a parasitic type is. He knew all that before he made the choice. "Of course I'll respond," Lavi groused. "I'm responding right now."

"The point is," Kanda went on, "if you have to respond no matter what, if you slip up you die. You have to be ready, for the rest of your life." Kanda pinched his stomach and caught some flab - just a bit of flab (its not like he wasn't training at all). "You're all doughy. Stay in shape."

Lavi slapped his hand away, then sighed. "Its hard to do that out here. Tyki and I don't like sparring together. He was our enemy for a long time and it brings up bad feelings."

Kanda nodded his understanding of the problem. "Stick with Leenalee more often. In fact, that's an order. You and Leenalee have to be together half the time, so can train and stay in sync."

Cross-synchronization was another part of what they had to maintain. Allen and Kanda were the best example of how their Innocence can interact with each other (in fact, they were the first ones to do it). But the effect was there to some degree among the four of them. The second strongest bond was between Lavi and Leena, and if they stop working on it, it may fade.

"Maybe we can split time between here and HQ," Lavi said, knowing Kanda was right.

"I'll tell Komui to bring in another Exorcist to stay at HQ, at least part of the time."

"Maybe she'll like the change in scenery after breaking up with her boyfriend," Lavi mused. He and Leena talked often and heard all about it.

"Apparently she was too strong for him. It bruised his ego," Kanda scoffed.

Lavi knew that, too. "Man, he's an idiot. She's the best woman I know. And strong women are hot as hell."

Kanda gave a small smile.

~

So, Komui was convinced, after intense discussion with Viral, that the agent was safe. It was another question whether Tyki, the Noah, was a safe person to have around. And both Lavi and Tyki talked about it at length the night before, despite being so tired.

Their thinking was that Tyki, even if he becomes a Noah who lacks compassion once again, will be on good behavior. He will be inclined to do what's in his self-interest, and, among other things, since the Noah state is temporary, his self-interest is in keeping the status quo.

There was also the fact that when Tyki was a full Noah, he didn't want to lose himself, and that was still true.

He will certainly take some liberties for the sake of his own amusement if given the chance, but those can be managed. And, Lavi admitted to Tyki - he would enjoy Tyki taking liberties with him very much. Tyki agreed with a smile.

So now everyone surrounded Tyki in the drawing room as he swallowed the pill.

"It takes twenty minutes to start taking effect, so it may be a little anti-climactic," Viral warned.

Everyone started milling about but stayed in the room.

~

Tyki.

Tyki took the opportunity to catch up with Allen, as he didn't have the time to do the day before. They talked about Allen's business, the ups and downs of living with Kanda, how Allen had no idea when they wanted to get married.

It led to talking about Cross, who was Tyki's best friend. Tyki was excited that he would be seeing him soon. Cross had visited Tyki once already since he moved into his brother's home.

Allen and Tyki joked that Tyki was now part of the rounds Cross did among his lovers. But it wasn't entirely a joke, because Cross was also his number one crush (Allen was his second). Ever since Tyki and Cross unexpectedly kissed one night.

Tyki had been pulling him through a depressed mood during a hard time for the both of them. The kiss was a mistake (just a hetero-flexible moment on Cross' part - as a man who loves to love), and Lavi flipped out (punching Cross in the mouth) and nothing like that happened between them since.

But, Tyki didn't even realize he liked Cross until that kiss, and Cross hadn't realized that he could like men. There was a certain amount of awkwardness to the whole situation.

Then Tyki moved on to talking about his new business, and then his friendship with Athanos. It was around that time, as he was giving Allen more intimate detail about the man than he would normally, that Tyki started to feel different. He realized he was talking about sex in order to swing the conversation that way for his amusement.

Allen diverted the conversation to safer ground, talking about the mansion for a while. Then as they talked about his training with Kanda, Tyki said, "You're both so fit. I bet you two get up to all kinds of interesting positions together."

"I think the pill's working," Allen replied wryly, and hiding an expression that made Tyki think that he was right.

Lavi came over and joined in on the conversation to keep an eye on Tyki. Viral came over for just a few moments to check his vitals. "It's hard to know what to talk about when we're waiting like this," Lavi admitted after a few minutes.

Tyki got himself a glass of bourbon and ignored Viral's warning that maybe he shouldn't drink if he's going to meet Road.

When he walked back to Lavi, he looked like a Noah. It was more comfortable that way. Tyki noticed a the cut on Lavi's neck, and ran a finger over it. Lavi let him, and told him know how he got his ass kicked in training today, and has a deeper gash on his thigh.

Tyki found that he wanted to see that gash, see Lavi's naked thigh. He wanted to lick the wound, taste a hint of blood.

Tyki laughed - with a maniacal edge. He put a hand to his face, trying to get a hold of himself, and couldn't. His laughter died slowly, running its course.

"Why don't you get some rest as you get used to it," Viral said after checking him over. "The agent will last for twelve hours or so."

"Rest? How can I rest?" He was in fact quite restless. "But you're right. I'll calm down," he agreed. He stood up. "Lavi can help me," he asserted and made his way through the door and up the stairs.

~

Lavi.

Lavi understood, and his pulse quickened. And he thought, as he walked after Tyki without looking back, that the others probably understood what 'help' he wanted from Lavi, too.

Lavi closed the bedroom door behind him, and looked on at Tyki standing in the center of the room.

"Are you alright?"

"My mind is racing. I need to do something. I forgot how bad it is. The absolute need to be doing something interesting." He stepped up to Lavi and ran his hands over his arms, down his chest, with heavy palms. Lavi shivered.

"I can barely contain myself. I'm out of practice at controlling it. I may not be as suave as I want to be here. I need you. Need to touch you, fuck you, make you babble incoherently with pleasure."

Lavi wasn't entirely surprised, but he was concerned. He was confident that Tyki could get a handle on himself, yes, but it's all very disorienting to him.

Lavi would ground him the way that he needed, and he looked forward to helping him quite a bit. He would even add fuel to the fire, he decided. "I'm here for you. And, I want you to do everything you can think of to me." He pressed himself flush to Tyki, and palmed his dick as he looked him in the eye.

Tyki's expression became predatory in that old way that made Lavi's throat dry out.

He leaned his face close to Tyki's. "If you want me to babble, you know what to do," he told him in a low voice.

Tyki kissed him hard and backed him roughly into the wall. His hands were everywhere on Lavi, and Lavi gave back what he got. Tyki palmed his cock and Lavi was immobilized with the pleasure of it. "You're so hard for me," Tyki told him, and shoved his hand down his pants. He fondled him possessively and Lavi leaned heavily against the wall to stay upright. Tyki sucked his neck, then tore his shirt over his head and sucked his chest.

Lavi thought to take off Tyki's shirt but the Noah was already moving again, taking off Lavi's boots, his pants and underwear. Tyki sucked on his stomach, lower and lower, and licked at his dick before taking him into his mouth.

Tyki was ferocious. Lavi, groaning steadily, dug his hands into his thick black curls. Lavi had forgotten, too - how overwhelming he could be like this. Tyki sucked his cock with such intensity and focus that it was as if nothing else mattered in the world.

Lavi felt the nudge of a slicked finger against his hole. Tyki had been prepared, with a small bottle of lube in his pocket.

Tyki fingered him like that for a while, then stood up, turned Lavi around so that he faced the wall, and finger fucked him, other arm braced against the wall. Lavi was still rather immobilized by it all, gasping helplessly - not that he was complaining.

Tyki opened his pants, and nudged his cock against his hole. "Are you aching for me to fuck you?" Lavi told him he was. Tyki nudged a few more times teasingly, and pulled away. "Let's go to bed," Tyki told him.

Lavi turned around from the wall and kissed Tyki enthusiastically. How is Tyki still dressed when Lavi's been naked for ages? He unbuttoned Tyki's shirt and threw it to the ground. Then he worked on his pants. Tyki watched him with a wide smile as he stripped him off.

Tyki grasped his wrist and guided him to the bed. The Noah toppled onto him and Lavi relished the feel of their bodies flush together. Tyki kissed him and ground their hips together. He bit Lavi's lip and pulled away, saying, "Just a moment," and pulled out the box from under the bed.

It was full of ties, blindfolds, feathers, beads, and the like. Lavi wondered what he was going for with anticipation.

Tyki pulled out a dildo, and said, "I want you to be ready for what I'm gunna do to you." Lavi's throat went dry again.

The redhead got on his hands and knees at Tyki's urging and Tyki gently thrust the dildo inside him until it was all the way in.

"I wish I could be two places at once. I think I'm jealous of the toy, but there's something that i want you to do first," Tyki said, as he got on his knees in front of Lavi.

Lavi laughed, sitting up some more. "Come here and I'll make you forget to be jealous," Lavi said.

Tyki did, and Lavi grasped his cock and sucked his head sensuously.

Tyki gasped lightly. "Your mouth could sail a thousand ships," he said, playing off the story of Helen of Troy. Lavi smiled around his cock a moment, and briefly mused at how silly Tyki was being, which was a mostly-human-Tyki trait, not a Noah-Tyki trait.

Lavi wrapped his mouth around Tyki, and it was enough for Tyki to be all business again. Well, sexy-business. "Make my cock good and wet for when I fuck you senseless," the Noah told him, taking hold of the back of his head. The redhead moaned.

Then Tyki pulled the eye patch off his of head. Lavi looked up at Tyki. "I want you to be completely naked. Now you are." Lavi shivered. Fuck.

Lavi sucked his cock again, even more sensuously than before. Indeed, somehow feeling more naked.

Tyki firmed his hand at the back of Lavi's neck and Tyki thrust slowly but insistently into his mouth. Lavi moaned, and Tyki continued, pressing Lavi's head forward.

Lavi massaged his balls, ran a hand through his course hair, as the Noah thrust into his mouth. Lavi felt the dildo in him, and between it and Tyki in his mouth, he felt deliciously full.

Tyki pulled out, and pulled Lavi up by the arm to kiss him urgently. Then he got behind him, and urged him back on his hands and knees with a firm press to his upper back.

He fucked him with the toy a little, making Lavi moan again. "Now I am jealous," Tyki declared with longing. He removed the dildo.
Suddenly, the Noah tackled him down flat on his stomach, let Lavi struggle fruitlessly for a few moments, and pressed his cock against his hole. Lavi groaned loudly. Shit, Tyki knew well how he loved feeling trapped.
Tyki kept him pinned with weight and leverage as he thrust inside him. Lavi lost himself quickly, spreading his legs apart at the urging of the Noah's hand pushing against his thigh. The redhead tiled his hips to take more of him, and Tyki whispered dirty things in his ear. Lavi loved it, and Tyki kept it up for a long time.

The Noah licked the scabbed cut on his neck and groaned. He pulled out and flipped him over on his back. He sucked his inner thigh, then took off the bandage at the center of his thigh. There were just a bit of blood on the bandage from that gash - the flow nearly stopped even with their activities aggravating it.

Tyki sucked on the cut gently, and he made a wild sound in his throat. "Tyki?" Lavi asked. He knew Tyki loved to be with him after a fight, but he never blatantly sought out his wounds before.

"The taste of blood and sweat always got me," Tyki said, barely containing himself. "I didn't want to freak you out back then, but I think we've been through enough that I don't have to pretend. We've had each other gagged, and tied up, begging for cock...You know what I am."

"I do," Lavi agreed. "Does it feed your bloodlust?"

"I think so. Mixes it up with sex - but only just. Not enough to want to hurt you."

Lavi looked into his wild, golden, eyes. He thought he knew what he was getting into today, but Tyki surprised him yet again. There was no danger in trying, Lavi reasoned. His Innocence was part of him - he was always ready to defend himself if need be. And the prospect of an unbridled Tyki always excited him tremendously. "Ok," Lavi, agreed.

Tyki smiled wolfishly and sucked his inner thigh again. Then across the cut. Tyki sprang on top of Lavi immediately after, settled quickly between his legs and sheathed his cock solidly inside him.

Tyki kissed him messily and fucked him roughly. Lavi held on with his arms and legs, pushing back against his thrusts. Tyki stroked his dick erratically.

They were lost in each other this way for a long time. Lavi could feel his orgasm building steadily to incredible heights.

"That's it," Lavi said, starting to babble, "Tyki, you fuck me - so good. Like - no one else - can. Harder. Faster. Make me cum - so hard."

Tyki obliged in his call for more, holding nothing back, roughly pounding into him, and said, "Scream for me." Lavi came hard, digging his fingers into Tyki's back, yelling loudly. He pulsed in Tyki's hand, on and on, orgasm fading slowly.

Lavi ran two fingers through the cum on his stomach, and put them into Tyki's mouth. The Noah groaned, held his wrist, and sucked his fingers. Tyki renewed his movements, and came with a growling cry a few moments later.

~

Tyki stood in the forest clearing that was about a mile walk from the manor. He was as composed as he could hope to be. It was dark but the moon was full, illuminating the grassy spot dotted with wildflowers. It was quite dark in the forest itself that surrounded him.

Tyki called on Road in the way that only Noah can. He made a strong call. If she was anywhere on the continent, she would hear it, and know where he was.

He waited in his relaxed stance, hands in his pockets. Standing around was boring, so he ran through the game plan in his mind. That kept his interest.

Road's door appeared in the clearing 20 minutes later. Tyki smirked.

Chapter 7: First strike

Chapter Text

Tyki.

"How did you do that?" Road asked Tyki without preamble as she emerged from her door. She was dressed as a young lady, as she had in their dream, with a soft pink dress, hair parted to side with the help of two fashionable clips.

She took in his Noah appearance, and casual air as he smoked a cigarette.

Tyki smiled wide. "Maybe I'll tell you, maybe I won't," he teased. "It all depends on whether we can came to an understanding."

"You want to help me?" Road asked, intrigued and wary.

"I might want to help you," Tyki corrected. "Depending."

"Why? Because you're more powerful now? Has it changed you so?"

"I can see things more clearly now," Tyki said. "The humans, they're killing themselves and its really depressing to watch. Maybe we should stir things up after all. Make them see what's really important."

Road's eyes lit up brightly. "You want to cause the flood."

"I might. I don't think it should be total - not everyone. And, not if my friends get hurt."

"Those miners, Lavi, Allen, Leenalee, and Kanda?"

"And Cross and Komui. And more friends than that."

Road perked a brow. "Your list of friends grows and grows, despite your power." Tyki shrugged.

Road considered. "We may be able to come to an agreement. I need help, and I'm willing to tweak the plan to gain your support. But, of course, the Earl answers to no one and may not agree."

"Can you really do it? He's dead. Mightra says it can't be done."

"I don't know for sure, to be honest," Road admitted, "but the Skulls will tell me once they see him."

"You're going to take what's left of him?"

"Yes, but its risky. At least it was, until you called me like that, Tyki. Do you have all of your power back? Tell me."

"Most of it, but its temporary." Tyki, taking his time, unleashed a flurry of Tease to demonstrate his power.

Road smiled wide. "If I was restored, even temporarily, I could do it. Or, you could do it now. Walk right into the Order HQ - though they would invite you anyway, wouldn't they - and take him and bring him to the Skulls."

"I know what they're planning, I'll stay on the inside," Tyki told her. "I could share what I learn instead."

"Then tell me how to gain that power. Is it Mightra's doing?"

"Yes," then he paused for emphasis. "One more stipulation. Don't dig into my head anymore. It needs to be how it used to be between us, before we were - adversaries."

"Alright," she agreed. Tyki did not believe her, but it would at least limit her rummaging a bit now that she had to be covert about it. Tyki bet she peeked into his mind even when they were allies - so it really was to go back to the old way of things.

He told her about the medication.

"Will you get me some?"

"I can't agree until I know things will end the way I want them to. Above anything else, I don't want to lose myself. That's why I rebelled in the first place."

Road turned thoughtful again, trying to smooth her anger at the reminder of his betrayal from her face. "I'll think of something to assure it."

Tyki agreed to get some of the agent for her. And realized it may be an opportunity to poison her. "I'll call you again when I have it. And we can talk then about my demands."

Road came forward then, and hugged him. "I'm so glad we're making up."

He could strike her down right now, he thought. But what would it gain them? She can't be killed this way. It would just delay things until she reformed. They may as well take care of this the right way, now. Tyki hugged her back.

~

Allen.

Tyki relayed what happened to the group when he came back to the mansion. Viral said he would look into whether it was possible to poison Road in the physical world.

Tyki slept off the rest of his time as a Noah and was himself again in the morning.

After breakfast, Allen took his own dose without ill effects and brought Viral to Komui to get his robe back and talk some more. Allen didn't even have a personality shift, as all parts of Neah were gone from him.

Viral seemed much more at ease with the robe on. He kept the hood down. Then Viral insisted that they pull the plug on the Earl immediately. That is was hubris to keep any part of him alive. Komui debated him vehemently for half an hour.

Then Viral asked if Komui wanted to add to the long list of the Order's sins when Road came and somehow used it? Komui relented.

Komui, Viral, Allen, and Leenalee watched as the system was shut down and all that was left of the Earl died.

Viral put a hand on Komui's shoulder. "You did the right thing," he told him seriously.

~

Next on Allen's agenda was to open a gate and invite Cross onto the Ark. He was in Persia, and actually hadn't traveled at all yet since Komui contacted him - betting on hitching a ride from Allen, which he was about to get now.

Cross was in great spirits when he boarded the Ark, wrapping his arms around his old apprentice in a hug. He'd been living well there with his lover for months, he shared, and was now ready for his next adventure.

The two walked slowly to the door that led to Kamelot Mansion. Allen couldn't help but remember the months after the war they spent talking openly of the past. It changed things between them - solidified them, at a time that Allen wondered whether Cross wanted to just drift into nothingness now that his job of 40 years was done.

Allen shook loose of his thoughts. He told Cross that he and Kanda were engaged, and Cross smiled and patted his shoulder enthusiastically, saying he would marry them whenever they wanted.

Allen's next task was to bring General Cloud to HQ, so that Leenalee was free to go to the mansion.

Allen wasn't sure he liked his new job as ferryman.

~

Lavi.

Tyki and Cross embraced warmly in greeting. Lavi didn't like it. He was pretty sure they would be sleeping together if Lavi wasn't so set against it. It put Lavi in a terrible mood.

He had no issues with Tyki's past with Viral. They were both allies then, and doing nothing more than passing the time when the inclination hit them. It was different with Cross. There was real affection there.

Leenalee came over about an hour later and he told her all about it. He was so happy to see her, though - he missed her. He'd given her a huge hug in greeting. He didn't stay down for too long, and training with her felt like old times.

~

Komui.

Komui and Viral worked through the afternoon. They knew that Cross had arrived in Portugal, but they were onto something with the Ark and they had the strong compulsion to keep going - to see it through. Some of the Exorcists from the past called this phenomenon 'nerd nirvana'.

They were in Viral's lab on the new Ark, trying to get it to work faster when they were controlling it manually.

Komui got the idea from some of his (dubious) creations from the past - more automation so that the Ark made decisions on its own. Preferably decisions that they wanted it to make, of course.

Komui did some frenzied programming, with Viral looking over his shoulder the whole time. Their arms pressed together in solidarity. When he was done, Viral took over, making changes to the code that he noticed would cause some problems. Komui declined to mention that his past work in this vein was rife with issues. That didn't matter anyway. With the two of them working together, it looked like things would go perfectly.

They opened a gate to India. Viral walked through it, then back again, smiling openly.

Komui beamed and cheered and hugged Viral enthusiastically. Viral laughed and hugged back just as animatedly.

Viral was warm and solid in his arms. He could feel his laughter through his chest, and smell his shampoo.

Then Komui paused, remembering himself. And that even though they shared a common goal at the moment, that Viral was never to be trusted entirely, and Komui should always maintain that distance between them to make that division clear. Even though the looks between them have been getting increasingly powerful day by day...

Komui pulled away and apologized in a falsely breezy manner, "Sorry Viral. I got carried away, didn't I?"

"What? No. I think a bit of celebration was in order." Viral smiled reassuringly, and then more softly. In fact, his expression was more open than Komui had even seen. Komui stared, marveling at him, and his face softened as well.

"In fact," Viral went on, his tone taking on a bolder edge - Komui liked it. His face was slightly flushed, and his lips parted just a little...It seemed the rest of Viral's sentence was entirely nonverbal.

Komui raised his arms and grabbed him at the waist, surprised at himself, but unable to stop. Unable to deny Viral's patent request for more contact.

Viral leaned in closer and wrapped his arms around his shoulders. Komui's heart was beating out of its chest. "We work very well together, don't you think?" Viral asked with double meaning.

Komui warred with himself in those few seconds it took him to form a response. During which, he gazed over Viral's features. He saw no duplicity there whatsoever, only open invitation, and a touch of vulnerability. It drew him in, and Komui said, infatuation clear in his voice, "I completely agree, Viral."

Komui brushed a lock of hair out of Viral face. Viral closed his eyes with a soft sigh, lips parting further. Komui leaned in slowly, and kissed Viral.

Their kisses were pleasantly soft and slow at first, then became electric. They grasped at each other as their deepened kisses overcame all sense of reserve. They could think of nothing but their joined mouths and roaming hands - and their shared and well-earned victory.

They were great minds apart, but together they were devastatingly effective. In these past weeks they'd learned to feed of each other's knowledge, learned how the other thought. What drove them. What made them tick.

So why did he still think a few moments ago that he had to keep his distance? Some unseen deviousness on Viral's part? It seemed impossible to Komui after spending so much time together. It was an abundance of caution - but something that the upper ranks absolutely required of him. Forget all that, that would have to come later.

Komui pushed Viral down onto the lab table and climbed on top of him, making Viral laugh in delight. He could be so free sometimes - but Komui's never seen him quite this free. It was so different from Komui's usual carefullness - it was intoxicating.

Komui kissed him hungrily, and Viral responded immediately, wrapping his arms around his back and digging his fingers into his lab coat.

~

Road.

"Father."

"I hear you. My Road. My daughter. But I do not see you."

"They make you sleep so deeply," she lamented. "But, you must wake up soon. I will help you. And when you do, you will come with me, and we will be together."

"I could not do what you asked the last time."

"I know. Its ok. Our plans have changed. We will be together soon. Tomorrow."

~

Allen.

Allen and Kanda were alone in the Ark - had the whole thing to themselves. It was great. Allen was sat against Kanda. They were both under their tree.

For a while they sat there, and watched the blossoms fall.

Now, clothes discarded (all except for the hair ties on their arms), Kanda was pumping Allen's dick, slowly and rhythmically. Allen was writhing, meeting his fist. One hand was over his shoulder to grip Kanda like an anchor. His eyes were closed in pleasure as he rolled his hips.

Kanda's other hand was running over his stomach, then up to pinch a nipple. He nuzzled his throat and Allen moved his head aside. Kanda bit and sucked at his exposed neck. Kanda went faster, tighter, and Allen was coming as he gasped.

Allen turned his head to Kanda's and kissed him thoroughly. Then he turned around and gave the same treatment to Kanda.

Suddenly, the alert buzzed in Allen and Kanda's ears, making them freeze in place. They shot up immediately, got dressed, and made for HQ.

~

Road.

Road opened a door to the Order's HQ. Tyki has not contacted her yet, but she wasn't about to wait for him. She learned about the agent from him. That was enough for now.

She was in Sheryl's room. He was on the bed, a steady feed of chemicals keeping him sedated. One guard - a Finder - was asleep, sitting against the wall. She rolled her eyes, and used a single sharpened candle to pierce his throat, straight through to the other side, spraying blood across the room.

He barely made a gurgled sound, but the guard on the outside of the door heard it and burst into the room. She ended him just as easily - before he even had a chance to see her clearly. He fell to the ground. She turned off the chemical feed going to Sheryl, and removed the needle from his arm. It would take time for him to wake up, Road knew. She walked out the door and into the hallway.

Road was in the Director's room now, where she'd gleaned that Mighta was sleeping. There were so many traitorous Noah. She gave the slightest of glances to the two sleeping forms and walked silently to Mightra's waistcoat that was draped over a chair. She felt the small bottle in the pocket and took it.

It would exhaust her to use her special door again, except to leave, so she walked the long way back to Sheryl. No one saw her. Pathetic. She looked into the bottle along the way and saw that there were three pills inside. That would have to do. She would not waste them. She smiled wickedly.

~
Allen.

A Finder was dead on the ground in the hallway.

Allen and Kanda burst into the room, and found another dead. Road was there, sitting on the bed calmly next to a still-sleeping Sheryl.

Her special door was in the middle of the room. Was she trying to take Sheryl? He may be too heavy for her and she wanted him to wake up first. The IV was out of his arm - he would wake up soon enough.

"Hello Allen, Kanda. Its been ages," she greeted. "I would say its good to see you but I was hoping to get out of here without a problem."

Sheryl stirred slightly. He's waking up. Even with only a fraction of their power, Noah shouldn't be underestimated. They had to stop her quickly.

Kanda swiped at her, but she dodged easily, hands behind her back. She maneuvered closer to Allen. It was close quarters - there wasn't much room for swordplay. Allen brandished his own large sword and took a defensive position nearby Kanda. He would only swing if she made him.

Two pointed candles were poised in front of her. She was tired and trying to hide it.

General Klaud came into the room behind them, and took in the scene. "Noah," she said.

"Three Exorcists is too many," Road said.

Sheryl raised his arm from his position lying down, and instantly crumpled Klaud into a horrible, broken, mass of limbs.

She screamed terribly, and Allen's gut twisted hard. 'Oh my God, Klaud! How did he do that?!' he thought.

He and Kanda shared a look of horror, and Kanda's expression gave way to grim determination that Allen didn't understand. Kanda walked up to Klaud, and ran her skull through with his crystal sword of blood. Her screaming stopped instantly. Allen's body went ice cold. "Kanda, you..." Allen said, not sure if he felt betrayed or not.

"There are things worse than death," Kanda told him grimly. "That was one of them. Don't be mad at me. Be mad at that sick fuck." Kanda indicated Sheryl, who was now sitting up in the bed.

"If you realize getting in our way results in a fate worse than death, does that mean you'll let us leave?" Road wondered.

"Not a chance in hell, you bitch," Kanda seethed, pointing his sword at her.

"That's no way to talk to a lady," Road chided him.

Sheryl looked on at them with malevolent glee as he stood up.

"Hold them still and we'll go," Road ordered Sheryl, as if knowing he wanted to do much more than that to them.

Sheryl indeed looked disappointed, but obeyed. Allen's and Kanda's limbs were pulled taught forcefully - painfully. Allen was starting to think their leaving was the best case scenario here. Allen tried to fight the pull on his limbs and failed.

They left, and without looking back, Sheryl broke all of Kanda's limbs at the same time. Four distinct snapping sounds reverberated off the walls.

Kanda fell heavily to the ground and growled out a scream of pain. Allen was horrified for a moment as he looked at him, then composed himself enough to call in the medics.

However, Allen knew that Kanda's quick healing meant that Allen couldn't wait for them to arrive before setting his bones, or else it would risk them knitting wrong.

"I'm going to set your bones," he told him. Allen pulled off his jacket and put it in Kanda's mouth to act as a bit. He worked quickly, and likely just in time, since Kanda's screams died down much more after that, and he switched to deep breathing.

Allen brushed the hair out of Kanda's face, stroked his cheek, and whispered soothing words, until the medics arrived. Kanda closed his eyes, letting him, welcoming it.

There would be nothing for the medics to do. Not for Kanda, and not for Klaud. Allen's eyes misted.

Chapter 8: Leenalee

Chapter Text

Kanda.

Kanda, Allen, Komui, Viral, and Cross were at on the wireless with the rest of the group that were at the Mansion, settled around the conference table. Cross, having greeted Tyki, and chatted up Tricia, came back here to meet with Viral directly.

Kanda was perfectly fine by now, but Allen still looked at him with concern sometimes. Really, it wasn't fun to be broken in four places at once, but it wasn't anything new for him to get so injured. Maybe Allen's looks were because Kanda's healing was still slowing, despite the time he spent recuperating in the relative peace they've been enjoying.

Kanda wasn't bothered by it. He was more concerned about what Allen thought of Kanda ending Klaud's suffering. He explained to Allen just before this meeting that Kanda himself knew great pain, and he thought he was a good judge of what was unbearable. And, though Kanda survived every time, he knew that Klaud would not. Allen, thankfully, came around to his thinking on this.

When the meeting came to order, Viral apologized to all of them for not guarding the pills as he should have. Komui looked equally guilty, probably putting all the weight on himself as the cause of his distraction, and because they were screwing - which Kanda was sure they were all meant to hide from Central. "I know what she's capable of. They should have been under my pillow."

"Let's leave them on the Arks from now on to be safe," Komui said, and Viral nodded.

Komui said some words about Klaud, and formally thanked Kanda and Allen for their actions, and the atmosphere turned heavier.

"Road didn't wait for me. She may not trust me," Tyki said. "Or she's hopeful, but not betting on it."

"What to do, now?" Komui asked rhetorically. "She took three pills. Used one one Sheryl to get away. Everyone's on alert for another attack, but nothing else has happened. Road's own power must be exhausted for now, and she won't use a second pill right after the first. Wherever she left to is where she came from, and both she and Sheryl will stay there until she regains her strength, at the very least," Komui said.

"So what will she do with the other two?" Allen asked.

"Nothing of the Earl is left here, but one sample remains in the other location. It was a test piece for the preservation equipment."

Viral looked at Komui accusingly, but Komui didn't demure.

"So, you want me to tell you if the Skulls can do something with it, right?" Cross asked.

"Yes, please," Komui confirmed.

"I'm going to have to see it. Why couldn't you have waited one damn day to pull the plug if I was coming here?"

"Because of what Road knew," Viral said impatiently. "Which is why we have to destroy the last piece as well."

"I'll go and then kill it if its dangerous," Cross said.

Komui nodded. "And what of the other question? Can another sorcerer be made into a new Earl?"

Cross thought a long moment and said, "The process would kill a weak sorcerer. They'd be overwhelmed by the dark matter. I think someone of my level would survive, but be warped by the dark matter, and be inferior in strength compared to the Earl. There is no one alive that matches him."

"Is Road so desperate that she might try to make an inferior Earl?" Kanda wondered.

"If their goals align - Road and some sorcerer - or if she can warp one into compliance, then yes, I think so," Lavi said. Cross agreed. So did Viral.

"You can't go on the mission yourself, I'm afraid, General Cross," Komui said. "You must be protected from now on, in case she has such designs."

Cross looked at him like he can do whatever he damn well pleased.

Komui ignored it, or seemed to. "Leenalee, Lavi, please go and secure the location first. Then General Cross will do as he must." The two agreed. "I'm calling everyone back," he announced. All that we've worked for could very well be lost if we're not careful."

Cross and Viral talked for a long time after.

~

Lavi.

Lavi was pissed for a multitude of reasons that it took time for him to sort out - most of the time he had left before he had to leave for the mission.

He thought he was dealing with everything just fine until Cross arrived. But he saw how excited Cross and Tyki were to see each other, and his stress spilled over. He knew he had no reason to be jealous, not really, but still.

Then he was angry that he could get so angry about nothing. It made him think that maybe he was getting too close to Tyki. The thought scared him, that it might be wiser to pull away from him.

He was also mad that he declined an invitation to observe a meeting that turned out to involve many of the most influential personalities in Europe. It was his chance to see who they really where - not the public personas they put on.

He had to be an Exorcist first right now. Always, really. He was angry that because of his Innocence he could never shed his emotions as he was meant to as a Bookman, because crystal type Innocence feeds off of the emotions of its user. This was in direct contradiction to being a Bookman and he felt stuck.

And what did that contradiction mean when it came to Tyki?? He didn't know the answer.

And then he was reminded again of his jealousy for Tyki's closeness with Cross.

Ghaa!

~

After agreeing with Leenalee to be ready in fifteen minutes, Lavi went to his bedroom to pack a bag. As his mind wandered, he realized he was where he needed to be after all. The story of the Exorcists and the Millennium Earl goes on, and there was nothing more important than that.

Tyki came in and smiled warmly at him. "Hey, Lovi," he said affectionately - a nickname that was a cross between Love and Lavi that always made the redhead smile. He smiled now as well, but barely. "The guests keep pouring in - it looks like we won't have any peace for a while," he said as he sat down on the bed. "I wonder if my brother will come," he added.

It was a distinct possibility, that Sheryl would want to reclaim his home. Lavi didn't think it was likely though. It was Road that called the shots, and what they gained from participating in society is secondary to her current goals. He told Tyki so.

"Yea, probably not right now, but he must want to," Tyki said, clearly not looking forward to such an eventuality. "But, we have the Arks to run to if we need it - until we clean up this mess."

Lavi nodded. "I'll be leaving with Leenalee in a few minutes for the mission."

"Ok. Cross will come back here soon and wait for the all-clear. Allen and Kanda might come here too - not sure."

That jealous pang ran through Lavi again at the excitement in Tyki's voice when talking about Cross.

"You don't like Cross," Tyki commented, reading his face. "Or, you seem to respect each other professionally, but not otherwise."

"You know why."

Tyki sighed. "Nothing's going to happen. It never will again."

His words didn't ease his mind. "But you want to."

"Yes. It's not fair to hold my desires against me, though. I could sleep with half the men I meet."

"It's different," Lavi said, abandoning his packing.

"How?"

"You...care about him."

"It's like...I love him as a dear friend, but I also find him very attractive. But, I am in love with you. It's so much stronger, and rarer - how I feel about you. I've never loved anyone so much."

There was a lump in Lavi's throat. He nodded. "I'm sorry. You're always so honest with me. And, I do trust you. I just can't seem to help feeling possessive of you."

Tyki smiled wide, flattered. "You can lay your claim on me before you go, if you like."

Lavi laughed. "I love you so much." His smile faltered as he thought of his earlier feelings on the subject.

"Is something wrong?"

Should he say it? Tyki was so truthful - Lavi should do the same. "I've been thinking that - I don't know how long I can live with all of these conflicting thoughts inside me. I love you, but I should not love as a Bookman. Yet, I must live honestly to stay in sync with my Innocence." Torment edged his face.

Tyki looked at him extremely seriously. The redhead thought he knew exactly where Lavi was coming from. "I will never be one of your 'obligations', Lavi. The reason we work is that we both value our freedom so much, and each others. I was enslaved to the Earl, and I will never hold you down."

A tear slid down Lavi's cheek. Yes, they've had that nonverbal agreement all this time. And Tyki was extremely aware of it, to say it so clearly.

"But," Tyki went on, "consider your other obligations, and whether you want to be held to them."

"I know you don't agree with the Bookmen on emotional detachment."

"Its an ideal that no human can meet. And they twist themselves up in trying."

Lavi felt a hypocritical flash of anger. "I need to think about everything. Come to a decision. On my own. Away from here."

Tyki flinched, pained by his words. "Alright," he said eventually. "What does that mean for us?"

It hurt him deeply to say it, but he said, "I need to be away from us, too."

"Ok. I'll wait."

"No. I...need you not to wait. It's the only way I'll know. Without the expectation of coming back."

"You're breaking up with me?" Tyki asked softly.

Was he? Fuck. "I think I am." He wanted to apologize for being so fucked up, but he didn't think it was fair to Tyki to make him consider forgiving it.

~

As soon as Lavi and Leenalee arrived on location - a small building in the middle of the Peruvian forest, a three-headed giant Akuma met them.

The Exorcists found their old stride quickly, with a finishing move that had Leenlee kick it straight through the middle to the other side, boots imbued with heavenly power from Lavi.

It felt exhilarating, both to fight so well, and to still be so in sync with Leena. They smiled at each other. Then Leena make a report on the wireless. Komui told them more Exorcists were standing by, and he would send them if they saw anything else.

The two looked around the dense forest , back to back, and saw nothing to report. They walked toward the small white building.
Road walked casually out from behind the left pillar that stood near the building's door, apparently there the whole time.

Lavi went on guard. Was she at full strength?

"Its all yours," Road told them nonchalantly. A Skull opened the door from inside the building and stood next to her. "I don't need it."

They were too late to make a difference. At least what was in there couldn't help her.

Should they fight her? She seemed content to leave through her door. They really needed to figure out how to kill her. The secret lay in her dream world, but she had to let them in for them to even try.

"So is your plan a bust?" Lavi asked Road instead.

"This course has led me nowhere. The Earl is truly gone, and that is such a shame that I'll never get over it. Never forgive you all. But, all is not lost."

"What are going to do?" Leena asked.

"That's not for you to know," Road replied. She and the Skull walked through her door.

~

Leenalee.

The next night, Leenalee and Lavi sat on the end of her bed in her room. They'd spent the whole day training - in frustration over the day before.

If they had to wait - and they did because there was no new plan yet - they may as well get stronger, and even more in sync.

During their breaks, Lavi talked about his breaking up with Tyki and his continued confusion over who he was. Lavi had always struggled with those feelings, and now they were finally coming to a heads. She thought he would choose Tyki in the end, but that he really had to be sure of himself before then. What she told him was that she was sure everything would clear up for him.

Leenalee leaned against Lavi in support, and he hugged his arm around her, pressing her into him slightly. She wrapped her arm around his waist in turn.

They've comforted each other like this so many times. This time felt a little different. As if there was more she should do this time. More she wanted to do.

She leaned her face against his chest. Felt his warmth through his shirt, and circled both arms around him.

Lavi laughed, and wrapped both arms around her as well. "Am I really so pathetic that I need more sympathy than normal?" he asked.

"Not at all," she assured. "I just want to."

"If a gorgeous woman wants to hug me, then I won't argue."

She laughed, and felt flattered at being called gorgeous in such a sincere and unguarded way. He thought she was gorgeous? And what she think of him? He was so handsome. So much so that she had to try not to think about that most of the time, because he was her friend. She felt her whole body warm, and she wondered if he felt it.

"Sorry," he said. "I'm sure you don't want to hear that from your friend."

She warmed further and was sure her cheeks were getting pink now. She looked at him, needing him to see that she didn't think he said anything wrong. "Since we're being so honest, Lavi, I think you're quite handsome."

Lavi looked at her with pleased surprise. "I'm struggling to remember why we never went out," he said.

Her stomach fluttered and she looked him in the eye to see if he was joking. No. His expression was endeared and vulnerable.

Leenalee instinctively snuggled up closer to Lavi in response to his expression. "Maybe we were being too careful, since we knew it would be hard on us if it didn't work out. No - it was probably the right decision at the time, but - we don't have to be careful now."

Lavi let in a small breath. "We're great together, and we know it, but we never took the chance. We thought we were too similar."

They looked into each other's eyes, love and doubt swirling between them.

The doubt took dominion over Lavi's expression. "But, the reason I stepped away from Tyki was because of how much I love him - need him. It feels like we're in danger of making the same mistake. Or, is loving not a mistake in either case? I...don't know what to do."

Love? They had the love of friendship at the very least. And maybe more. Why shouldn't they try? She knew it might not work and that was fine. And he was single now, and might never be again. She could let go if she had to.

She briefly wondered what Komui would think of that, then resented that his overbearing wishes might factor into her decision. She's talked to Lavi about her brother before, and thought the redhead would understand if she explained it. That she was feeling wreckless, in the most exciting and amazing way possible - as long as Lavi wanted it, too.

"Lavi, I want to try. Let me see if I can explain. Well, you're a smart guy but you've make plenty of wreckless decisions. They didn't turn out to be the wrong ones, either. I'm tired of being the responsible one. The reasonable one. Everyone treats me like a prize to be protected, especially my brother. But I protect myself. I make my own decisions. The others mean well, but its hurtfull to be treated that way."

Lavi looked back at her with a searching, thoughtful expression.

"I want to be the one to be reckless for once." She leaned in close so that her face was close to his. "Will you be reckless with me?"

Lavi smiled joyfully, without any hint of doubt. "Absolutely."

Their lips met in a kiss, tender and sure. Full of the love they shared - that love that was still undefined.

They deepened the kiss, and Leenalee climbed into Lavi's lap. They looked at each other and saw the confirmation they were looking for. This is where they would have stopped if it wasn't working. But Lavi's expression was open, and caring, and wanting. She kissed him again, slid her hand up his chest. He pulled her closer by the small of her back.

Lavi's hands traveled up her back, around to her waist, up her sides. She roved over his biceps, neck, and face. Then, just when she wondered whether he would be too careful with her, he rubbed up her chest gently, making her moan into his mouth.

Leenalee ran her hand under his shirt, to touch his bare abs and chest. Lavi kneaded her breasts in a way that set her body to slowly burning. She took off his shirt, and sucked on his neck. He moaned.

Lavi pulled off her tank top, revealing her soft pink bra, and sucked on the top of her breast. She rocked against him lightly. Their breathes quickened. He took off her bra and sucked her nipple into his mouth, rubbing the other with his hand. She tilted her head back and groaned. She pushed his head into her chest in encouragement, and let herself get lost in the feeling. Each tantalizing suck, each caress and pinch.

Leenalee rubbed his bulge through his pants, and Lavi growled, sucked her other nipple. She unbuckled his belt and pulled out his dick and began stroking him slowly. She loved the feel of him in her hand - soft skin over steely hardness.

Lavi thrust back into her hand lightly and grabbed her butt under her skirt, kneading. Lavi kissed her again, for a long time as they moved. His ministrations grew so hungry that it nearly overwhelmed her for a few moments, down to the way he traced his open mouth over her neck - until she met his hunger with her own growing need.

When he pulled away, he said seductively, "Do you want to go to bed, Leenalee?" His tone went straight to her core. It promised so many good things, in a way that was totally him (still the Lavi she knew) but also in a way she's never known before. Was he always like this about sex? Was it because of Tyki (She jokingly thought of Lavi as 'the nympho's apprentice', after all)?

"Yes, Lavi," she replied in kind, with a confidence that was nearly equal to his and that made her surprise herself. Lavi growled in approval - so he was impressed, too, she thought with satisfaction.

Lavi got up and held onto her tightly, making her squeal - which made Lavi smile - and spun around so that he was facing the bed.

He let her down gently and after they each took a moment to take the other in, he lay on top of her and kissed her. And there was that love again in that kiss, mixed in with ardent desire. She could feel his bare cock pressing against her leg. Their hands roamed again, and she was glad to get a good squeeze of his butt.

Lavi took off her skirt and felt along her panties - first along the seam, then purposefully down the center, setting her core further ablaze - then down her thigh. She wordlessly called her boots, leaving nothing but thigh-high stockings as he ran his hand down her leg.

Then she flipped them, and she took off his pants and underwear all at once. He smirked at her playfully and a thrill ran through her. He was effortlessly sexy and insanely attractive. She lay on top of him, one leg crooked as they kissed.

Lavi's hand slid inside her underwear and he lightly grazed her mound, her slit, making her moan. Then he pushed a finger inside her, and slid it in and out of her. She kissed him urgently as he fingered her. He added a second. She pushed back against his fingers.

She trailed down his body with her mouth and stopped at his protruding cock. She traced his length with her mouth, and he groaned deeply. She wrapped her hand around his base and licked the same path again, from base to tip. Then she opened her mouth and devoured him. Sucked him.

Lavi grabbed for the headboard over his head, completely overcome by her attentions. She bobbed her head and sucked a little harder, fisting him where her mouth could not reach. And sometimes giving more attention to the head.

"I want to taste you," Lavi told her when he couldn't stand it anymore. She lay on top of him again, and they smiled at each other. Lavi rolled them over and kissed her. Slid off her panties. He sat up and kissed her thighs, making her open her legs wider. He dipped down and licked her lightly up her slit. Then nudged his tongue between her folds. Exploring unhurried. He sucked on her clit and Leenalee clamped her legs around him. He moaned into her mound, and she felt the vibration. He hugged her legs and lapped at her. Sucked. Thrust his tongue inside her.

She could tell that he liked the way she squeezed his head with her legs, and she squeezed tighter. He moaned louder, and so did she.

Then he added two fingers and she spread her legs wide, rocked her hips. She could feel how wet she was, the way his fingers slid so easily inside her. She's never been so turned on her life.

Lavi climbed on top of Leenalee and kissed her, rubbed his ready cock against her mound enticingly, over and over. She was aching for him. Leenalee matched his pace, then moved her hips to capture the tip of his cock, to nudge it against her entrance. She needed him inside her now.

Lavi growled in excitement and looked at her, looked into her eyes as he pushed inside her. He surrounded himself in her warmth. Leena welcomed the hard, steady feel of him inside her. The deep ache in her turned to pleasure.

She wrapped her arms around his neck and shoulders and kissed him again. Moved in time with him. Grazed his hair with her fingers, and examined the cute freckles on his shoulders that she never really paid attention to before.

She wrapped her legs around him and he picked up the pace. Lavi massaged a breast with one hand.

Leena rolled them over and she rode him hard, and rolled her hips. Lavi let go, holding her hips but not leading her, and was lost in pleasure. She overwhelmed him even more by sucking behind his ear, and pinching his nipple. She found the perfect angle that sent ripples of pleasure through her as she ground on him.

She pulsed once, close to orgasm. Lavi said playfully, "You're close, aren't you," and flipped them again. He snapped his hips, rough and perfect inside her.

She grew so close to the edge, and the feeling grew large inside her. "Yes," she answered. "I'm so close. It's so much."

"I'll bring you there," he promised.

Leenalee came a moment later, gasping, pulsing hard around Lavi's cock, digging her fingers into his shoulders.

Lavi kept up his pace, never stopping, watching her face - until she made a final groan of total satisfaction. Then he moved faster still, and she moaned at the aftershocks of pleasure it gave her, and he came with a deep groan, saying her name.

~

Lavi.

Lavi lay in Leena's bed, both in their pajamas, arms around each other as they fell asleep.

He had no idea if what they were doing would bring him clarity, or make it all more complicated. But what he did know was that he didn't want to be anywhere else right now.

His feelings for Leena were very different for his feelings for Tyki. He knew that too. Evoked very different emotions in him.

Lavi and Leena talked about how they wanted to keep trying this thing between them, at least for now, for a little while. Lavi was happy, and tried not to think of the rest tonight.

Though, he couldn't help but wonder how Tyki was doing. He still struggled with the dark memories of his Noah past sometimes, and now Lavi wasn't there to support him. In fact, he would be feeling even worse for being dumped. Lavi warned Allen in passing about Tyki's worse habit before he left, but still he worried.

Chapter 9: Skulls

Chapter Text

Komui.

"Why didn't you tell me?" Viral asked Komui in the HQ lab.

"Cross needed to see it. It was possible that we could use it to some advantage."

"Hubris."

Komui was getting tired of Viral's seeming ethical superiority. He - or a part of him - was the ancient Noah that started it all. "You would know," he replied cooly.

"Ah," Viral replied in understanding after a moment. "You're not wrong. But, perhaps my experience means that I know it more than most, since I have made the largest of mistakes imaginable." His tone softened as he said, "I simply don't want it to happen again, and for you to feel what I must live with every day."

Komui's anger fled him. "What is it like?" he asked.

"Its a tremendous burden on my soul that I fear I can never make up for," he said heavily.

Komui didn't have an answer for a long moment. Then he said, "I can help you try."

Viral's guarded and pained expression warmed some, and it made Komui feel warm in return.

~

They made amends by working on Komui's latest creation together. Viral spotted errors in the code immediately and began correcting them. Komui tried not to feel exceedingly embarrassed. The more Viral did, the more excited Komui became. It was starting to look quite amazing. Komui made his own additions as well.

They named him Mighty Komudovich - in recognition of both his creators, which set them both to delighted laughter.

The next morning, Komui walked proudly down the hall in front of MK, with Viral riding on top of him, sitting on his shoulders and laughing. They were bringing it outside to test it more.

~

Lavi.

Lavi woke up in Leenalee's bed, for the fifth time in five days. He could hear her talking to someone at the door. A rather energetic person for so early in the morning.

Leena looked cute in her pajamas - a top that hugged her figure, and matching soft shorts. The door was open only halfway, surely to give Lavi privacy from whoever it was. Komui, he realized. He was going on about his robot.

"If you let us in, we can show you its special feature," he said, opening the door all the way.

Lavi sat up groggily, then looked at Komui looking at him. There was a tense moment of dead silence, until Komui said - yelled - shrilly, "You have two minutes to leave the building before I set Mighty Komudovich on you."

Lavi didn't move - kept a neutral expression. He'd known something like this could happen and was already determined to not let Komui's reactions bother him. Decided that he would take the observer's view on it - that Komui was subject to the patriarchal social structure he was born into, and the one instilled by the church. That his love for his sister was of course real, but his sentiments were misplaced.

There was also the deep guilt he felt for letting Leena go when she was so young. And so he wants the best life possible for her now.

What that means, though, is in her hands, not his.

If being an Exorcist has enlightened her, then Lavi would enthusiastically back her up.

"Brother," Leena scolded harshly. "You are not going to hurt Lavi."

Komui looked at Lavi with loathing, as if so far beneath Leenalee that it was insulting to the scientist. Lavi was truly hurt by it, and tried to stamp down that hurt.

"He's your friend, and you treat him this way?"

"Leenalee, how could you be with someone like him?"

"Aren't you with Tyki?" Viral asked, coming into the room as well.

"We broke up," Lavi replied. Viral and Komui were surprised. It didn't soften Komui's glower, however.

"'Someone like him' - he's my best friend," Leena replied.

"Who will never settle down."

"Brother, I love you. But I decide who I date - not you!"

"You have one minute left," Komui told Lavi. Lavi still didn't move.

"Put us on a mission," Leena said to Komui. "I don't want to stay here."

Komui looked at her but didn't reply.

Viral grabbed, Komui's arm and started guiding him out of the room. "It looks like we need to have a discussion about the autonomy of women," he said to Komui. Leena looked at Viral gratefully as they left.

"I'm sorry he was so awful to you," Leenalee said to Lavi once the door was closed, sitting on the bed. "And, you're just about the only guy I know who would have stared down my brother like that - Thank you."

Lavi smiled at her words, and at the fierce expression on her face. "You were right, and he needed to hear it."

She kissed him.

~

Allen.

Allen, Kanda, Tyki, and Cross stood among the trees and looked on at the encampment of Skulls. 'Encampment' didn't do it justice, though - it was a self-made town, helped by their magic.

They'd all finally arrived at a plan - identify and disable the most powerful of the Skulls. As sorcerers, they were all candidates for becoming the next Earl. Not that they were able to confirm that Road wanted to do this, but they wanted to play it safe. Plus, it felt good to be taking the offensive for once.

It was Cross that found the encampment, using a location spell for magically powerful people. He repeated the spell now, his eyes closed, feeling instead of looking, it seemed. Then he pointed out two of the small houses. "The strongest two are in the second house on the left, and fifth house on the right. The rest aren't worth the effort," he said low and steady.

Allen was to use his Exorcism ability, if he can. He wasn't actually sure it would work for Skulls. And Cross would extract the dark matter from them. Both methods theoretically allowing them to become the people they once were.

"We'll take the left," Kanda said of he and Allen.

"We'll get the right," Cross agreed and confirmed of he and Tyki.

Allen and Kanda peered through the back window of the wooden house. The Skull was awake at a small table, writing in a book. They waited about ten minutes, when the Skull went to bed for the night. Then another ten.

The window was unlocked when Kanda tried it, and they both slid through without trouble.

They walked slowly toward the bed without a sound, each step careful. Allen took his exorcising sword, and Kanda knelt next to the Skulls head, at the ready to make him quiet if need be.

Allen took a deep, near-silent breath, then raised the sword over his head, and plunged it through the Skull's chest.

~

Tyki.

Tyki created a noise barrier around the house, so that no one could hear what happened inside of the bubble, but they could hear anything going on outside of it. He nodded at Cross.

Cross broke the lock with the butt of his gun, and entered through the front door - Tyki directly behind.

The Skull was awake, and appeared to be reading. She stood up quickly at their entry and cast an offensive spell at Cross immediately. Cross blocked it.

Tyki ran wide around her and grabbed her from behind. She electrocuted him, and he pulled away with a curse.

It was enough of a distraction to give time for Cross to start his spell, though. Dark matter pooled in the air in front of his open palm.

She screamed, pained from the loss, unable to move. "What are you doing to me, traitor?," she asked Cross venomously. "You were one of us."

"I'm freeing you of the dark matter inside you," Cross explained. "And the influence it has over you." She growled.

When it was done, Cross moved the sphere of dark matter, the size of his fist, to a container, and the Skull slumped back. Tyki caught her so she didn't fall, and she stood on her own as soon as she was able.

The lines of bone along her skin, and her Skull, receded, until it was no more than a headband over her sleek black hair. The band was similar Cross' half-mask.

She was beautiful. Was she really around since Cross was at Neah's side? Well, Cross looked far younger than his true age, so it made sense that she could do it too.

Cross' face softened as he gazed at her true face. "Yin," he said softly.

Yin looked disgruntled, and nonplussed at his gently tone - and it was obvious to Tyki that she was now quite different than who she was as a Skull. Someone in charge of her full faculties. Her own face softened the longer she looked at him. "Cross." Did Cross come to this house, this woman, intentionally?

"Can you get out of here?," he asked. "And hide yourself from Road?"

She considered (not whether she could, but whether she wanted to, in Tyki's opinion), then said, "Yes, she will never find me."

"Good. We'll stop her, and then you can live as you like." Then, "Tell me, is she trying to create a new Millennium Earl?"

"Yes."

"Is it possible?"

"It will be difficult to find someone suitable. Her standards are high right now, but they could dwindle is she becomes desperate."

Cross nodded his understanding.

She summoned a small pink stone, walked over to Cross, took his hand, and placed it in his palm. She closed his fist over it with her other hand. "In case you wish to find me. I'll help you if I can."

Cross gazed into her eyes. "Thank you, Yin." Tyki's heartbeat quickened. She kissed his lips in a brief kiss, and stepped away.

Then she was gone.

Silence lingered for a long moment, until they heard a yell, and the sounds of fighting outside. They ran.

~

Allen.

The moment Allen plunged the exorcising sword through him, he screamed. Kanda covered his mouth within a fraction of a second, but it may have been heard by his neighbors, Allen thought.

"We're cleansing you of dark matter," Allen told him.

Then Allen focused on what he was doing. It didn't feel right. The sword was meant to purge foreign souls, and dark matter with it. But in this case, body and soul are where they should be, and it's only the dark matter he wanted to get rid of.

He put his intent into the sword, and after a moment, he felt a shift. It felt right now, but only time would tell. It was only when the skull itself started receding from his face that he relaxed some. It was working.

The man's screaming stopped and Kanda let go of him. "Exorcists," he said darkly. Then again a few moments later, but in thankfulness, "Exorcists." He sat up. Allen was exuberant. Maybe he could save more of them.

"You need to get away from here," Kanda told him. "Now."

Just then, two Skulls barged through the front door and threw blasts of fire and ice at them. Allen and Kanda blocked them, and protected the sorcerer. "Go," Allen said, then attacked the Skulls in turn. Kanda followed suit.

Allen heard a sharp pop, and when he looked back, he was gone. Allen let out a breath of relief. "No need to hold back, right? He's gone." The next swipe of his sword sent a Skull flying, and leveled the wooden building.

~

Tyki.

The whole encampment was alive when they went outside, all focused on Allen and Kanda. Tyki's eyes narrowed, and his fingers tensed into claws in anticipation. A big grin on his face.

"We're done. You?" Kanda asked them through the wireless at their ears.

"We're done as well," Cross confirmed.

Cross blocked the attack that came their way, and Tyki gleefully plunged his hand through the Skull's chest.

"Then let's get the hell out of here," Kanda said.

Tyki knew Allen preferred no one be killed, but that's not always possible. Cross wouldn't stop Tyki at any rate, as long as it wasn't gratuitous. Cross was of the opinion that the Skulls chose to be imbued with dark matter (none of those that were forced from the ranks HQ scientists lived in this encampment), and largely deserve their fates - except for beautiful ones, it seemed.

Both teams fought their way toward the Ark gate, making steady progress.

When Tyki fell his tenth Skull, Cross said wryly, "We're almost there, Chuckles." It then that the Noah realized he was laughing. He didn't let the comment dim his mood.

"Who me?" Allen asked, confused (wondering if 'Chuckles' was in reference to clowning). Both Allen and Kanda were nearer than he realized. When Allen saw Tyki's zealous expression, however, he understood. "You haven't killed anyone, have you?" Allen asked him.

"He didn't," Cross lied, as they continued on.

It was a departure to how Cross normally reacted to Allen's sentiments, Tyki thought. Cross usually made sure to point out to Allen the horrors of the world. He should have said something like, 'If you want to get through a pack of Skulls bloodlessly, its your risk, not mine.' Maybe it was because he understood Allen's beliefs could not be altered. Maybe it was to protect Tyki from Allen's judgement. Tyki let it go.

Just then, the three Exorcists stopped in their tracks. Tyki whirled around, and Sheryl stood there, hand outstretched. Tyki had kept himself invulnerable and so wasn't affected.

"Hello, Tyki," he greeted. "Still messing everything up, I see. Don't worry your pretty little head about it, though, I'll set things right."

At the height of viciousness from all that killing as he was, Tyki immediately surrounded his brother in an airless vacuum.

"I've got it covered," Tyki replied.

Seconds ticked by. Soon, Sheryl panicked and let the Exorcists go.

~

Road.

She was incensed even as she scanned their thoughts ever so lightly. To kill her Skulls. The Earl's Skulls.

But when she calmed herself, she lingered on Cross Marian's thoughts. Then dug a little deeper. Deeper. Very interesting. She smiled.

~

Tyki.

In his head, Tyki heard Road's voice. "I agree to your terms Tyki Mikk."

"Very well," he answered, and dropped his spare pill on the ground without the Exorcists noticing. "A gift."

Sheryl gasped harshly, recovering his breath.

"Come on," Cross said, grabbing Tyki by the elbow and pulling him through the Ark gate.

Allen closed the gate immediately when they were all through, and they stood there in relief of their success.

Cross' hand was still grasping his arm, and his thumb raked over him once. It sent a thrill through Tyki, and he looked at Cross.
Cross seemed relieved that Tyki was alright, and it pleased the Noah. He chanced letting his pleasure at the concern and at the touch show in his expression. He looked drawn in, and ran his thumb over him again, before letting go, and walking on.

Tyki thrilled again at its deliberateness, then looked at his blood-soaked arm, which was not the one Cross had held, and felt a different thrill. He walked on, smiling.

Chapter 10: Cross

Summary:

Sex, drugs, and rock and roll

Chapter Text

Allen.

Allen stood outside of Tyki's door. Telltale smoke wafted from underneath, and dissipated in the hallway. Allen could smell the the opium infused air.

Shit. He thought Tyki was alright.

The first two days after Lavi left, Tyki was down and kept to himself. The third day, he stayed out all night, and seemed alright except for being tired.

The fourth day, he played the violin a lot, and then the fiddle. He and Allen had played cards, and Tyki opened up to him about the details.

Yesterday, was the mission. He'd wanted to go out afterward, but no one let him. They all stayed up late, talking. Today, he was a bit down again. Lavi had warned him of his trouble dealing with his past...Maybe they shouldn't have him be a full Noah anymore.

Allen thought he should go into Tyki's room and talk to him again.

But before he could knock, he heard two sets of footsteps along the hallway. Then the words, "You're a good friend to him."

He turned as Tricia and Cross came closer.

Cross smiled at her, then said, "And you're a wonderful sister-in-law. He needs someone to keep him honest...I've heard of how you lost your family, and I'm sorry."

"Thank you."

"I believe a widowed woman should not close her heart forever. There should be some time to grieve certainly, but not forever. Without love, the soul withers."

She looked at him, long, as if considering whether to answer him honestly or chide him for his presumptuousness. "Many would still disagree with you. Its a modern notion. But - I think you're quite right."

Tricia greeted Allen and walked to him. They lingered a moment when they got to Allen, and they quickly smelled what he did.

"I thought he was alright," Allen told them.

Tricia was clearly concerned, then looked as if she was about to barge inside and give Tyki a piece of her mind.

"The scolding can wait until tomorrow. I'll go in," Cross said. He had a soft expression on his face that sent away the doubts from Allen's mind. Yes, Cross knew him best in this regard - Vices.

~

Tyki.

Tyki was lounged on his couch, mind drifting pleasantly, when Cross came into the room and closed the door.

Warmth stole over Tyki as he regarded him. "Cross, you're here."

Cross came up to him, and took the pipe from his hand. "How much have you had?" he said with some disapproval.

"Just a puff - so far."

Cross emptied the pipe into the trash can without preamble.

"Hey," Tyki objected.

"That shit's no good for you."

Tyki scoffed. "I know how much to take. It's fine."

"That's what they all say," Cross asserted. "And they may even be right for a while. But it all ends up the same way. Even if you're a Noah. What's this about? Lavi?"

"Komui told me," he started. Tyki took out a pipe full of cannabis and took a hit. He looked to Cross to see if he would confiscate that, too - but he didn't.

"What did Komui tell you?" Cross sat down in the adjacent armchair.

Tyki offered Cross the pipe - gesturing in the way that meant to share - not for him to take away. Cross sighed and took a turn. Tyki smiled a little wickedly, and the wicked thrill traveled through him. They'd both had it before together, Cross had nothing against it really. He and Lavi had, too.

"Lavi's with Leenalee. Komui's having a fit. I think he was hoping if he told me I'd drag Lavi home like a caveman, or something." Cross raised his eyebrows in surprise.

"Anyway," Tyki went on, "the problem isn't that he's with someone. The problem is that he's with someone he loves - when he dumped me for loving me. Why can't he decide when he's with me, but he can with her?"

"He's confused."

"Yes," Tyki agreed.

"But I think you must realize that he loves you the most."

Tyki conceded that might be true by not negating him. What he did say was, "He needs to figure out what he's about - without being tied down to me. He may decide that he's compromised too much - loved too much. And never come back to me. Or Leenalee, I imagine."

"A Bookman's calling is a great sacrifice. And the restrictions are bullshit, if you ask me. And I would know. I'm a priest. He took a second puff and gave it back."

"It is," Tyki agreed. "But Lavi will have to decide that on his own." Tyki took a hit and placed the pipe down on the side table.
They talked for at least an hour. About higher purpose, and goodness, and vice. Tyki needed it. To unburden himself, and ramble, and hear the troubles of someone else as messed up as he was.

Plus, after killing those Skulls, he couldn't help but remember all the people he's killed, though the lives of the Skulls themselves didn't weigh as much on him. They talked about that, too.

Then they started talking about all the things that made life worthwhile, and Tyki started to feel better. He noticed the shine of Cross' beautiful, long, red hair.

Cross took off his coat and placed it over his chair. Tyki glanced over him unconsciously. How his chiseled form filled out his fitted shirt. His powerful legs. His beautiful face - with eyes as fiery as his hair.

Cross noticed, and was startled a moment, then accepted it with a serene expression. They've been almost-flirting for a few days now. Tyki was curious as hell to know if it meant anything.

Cross eyed him back, at the way Tyki was sprawled out on the couch, in his fine black and red robe. At his bare leg revealed by the gap in material, at the dip of the robe down his chest. It was easy to guess that Tyki wasn't wearing much, or possibly anything, underneath (he wasn't).

The air grew subtly charged. And Tyki looked up at the ceiling as he said, "And so I've been let loose, and I feel...adrift." It was a true statement, and he honestly meant to pour his heart out, but he knew it could also prove to be leading in this little dance they were doing.

"You're not," Cross insisted, kneeling in front of the couch and touching his arm. "I'm here, right beside you." ...And Tyki's leading words led Cross to his side.

Tyki's heart beat faster, emboldened. "Ever since we kissed, I've never been able to forget."

"Neither have I," Cross admitted. "Its pervaded my thoughts so much since then."

Tyki blushed, surprised and delighted. "We're together now," Tyki replied thickly. "And I want nothing more than to show you how I feel."

"And Lavi?"

"I'm not with Lavi."

"But you want to be. I know you do. And if you try to get back together, he wouldn't be happy about it."

"I can't live my life that way. Based on what-ifs. I live by the reality in front of me. And I thrive on the people around me. Especially the people I love. Without it I - die a little every day." A lump formed in his throat.

Cross leaned in close to him, cupped his cheek, and said softly, "I know exactly what you mean. I want to show you what you mean to me. How much I love you, as well."

Tyki's throat tightened further with the strength of his love for him. "Don't hold back," Tyki urged.

Cross leaned in the rest of the way, and kissed him. He smelled like expensive cologne and his cigarettes. Tyki swooned and grabbed Cross' bicep.

The Noah pulled Cross on top of him as he deepened the kiss.

Tyki relished their closeness, the press of their bodies, the feel of his hands on his back. Then he buried a hand in Cross' long, flowing, red hair. Tyki didn't like long hair on himself, but damn if the General's hair didn't do things to him.

Last time, back in France, this was where Cross had ended their kiss and apologized (they hadn't been flush together, though). It had been a surprise back then. Now, they both had time to yearn for the other. And they did not stop.

Tyki wrapped a leg around Cross' side. Cross groaned and ran a hand along his bare thigh, then up to grab his ass.

Tyki ran a sure hand up his muscled chest. He undid the top buttons of his shirt, then moved to trace his mouth along the exposed skin and suck at his neck.

When he let go with his teeth, Cross guided him back to another kiss by the chin. Tyki swooned again.

Cross felt up his chest over his robe, then dipped his hand underneath the fold of his robe to feel the top of his chest with adoring fingers. But only for a moment. Until Cross decided that dipping into clothing was too cumbersome, or possibly too timid, for his tastes.

Cross sat up, and trailed his hands slowly down to the belt of his robe. "You're beautiful, Tyki. The most beautiful man I've ever met." He untied his belt and parted his robe with great care, and attention to all he revealed. "Beautiful," he said again, still more affected.

Cross leaned over him and kissed him passionately. He ran his palm over Tyki's skin slowly.

Tyki drowned in the praise, and worked to take off Cross' shirt. Cross was a sight with his chest bare, and Tyki told him so as Cross sucked on Tyki's chest. Tyki ran his hand down Cross' back.

Cross' hands went lower, until he grazed his erection lightly, making his dick jerk. Cross exerted ever more pressure at each pass, making Tyki's breath quicken, and he finally, finally, grasped his cock in his hand, making Tyki groan.

Tyki let go of himself, arm over his head, as Cross had his way with him, played his body like an instrument. Pumped him slowly.
Then Tyki got to work on Cross' pants. He was foggy from the drugs and with desire, and had a sudden burst of urgency that was giving him trouble keeping to their sedate pace. He starting to rush in making Cross match his nakedness.

When he was done, his throat went dry at the sight of the General sitting on top of him. Tall and muscled as he was. And his cock. "You've been holding out on me," Tyki teased, unconsciously pushing his hips up into the air once. "You're packing, Cross Marian."

Cross smiled, clearly used to this reaction. Tyki wrapped his fingers around his sizeable cock and stroked, light and tantalising. Cross gasped lightly. Tyki was determined to 'play' Cross' body next. The Noah pushed Cross gently flat on his back, and leaned over him as he masterfully stroked him and caressed his body.

Cross was quickly absorbed, closing his eyes, and lightly thrusting up into Tyki's hand.

Tyki bent forward after a while, and Cross opened his eyes at the motion. Just in time to see Tyki lick his cock as he looked up at him.

"Tyki," he groaned, closing his eyes again. He lavished the General with his tongue, and then took him into his mouth. Tyki opened his mouth wide, took him deep, and lightly sucked.

He subjected him to kisses, licks, sucks and bobs of his head. Ever faster, with ever more suction. Whenever he thought about it being Cross in his mouth, or what it would be like to have Cross inside him, he moaned, heightening the General's pleasure.

Then he pulled away, not wanting Cross to cum too soon, lips swollen. Cross sat up and kissed him heatedly.

"I'll keep my promise, and not hold back," Cross said seductively, sending a pleasant shiver through the Noah. "In fact, I won't stop until your completely satisfied."

Tyki gave him an inviting smile. "I'll give you that same promise," he said, and pulled him on top of him. "And a new one. I'm going to show you a good time you'll never forget."

Cross let out an enchanted breath and thrust against him. "I don't doubt it, Lovely," he answered sincerely.

Their eyes locked. They kissed, arms wound around each other as they moved. They fell easily into a slow rhythm. Cross' hair fell like a curtain to either side around them. Tyki enjoyed the rub of his beard against his face.

The Noah lifted a leg around Cross, and Cross dragged a hand roughly over his leg and to his ass - kneading.

"Come on," Tyki said, urging him to the bed.

Tyki threw open his nightstand drawer and pulled out a bottle of lube, setting it on the nightstand. Their activities grew more heated on Tyki's bed at the promise of what the lube implied.

Cross grabbed the bottle and coated two fingers. He lightly grazed against his hole. Their breathing grew faster. Cross grazed more firmly, massaging his rim.

He pressed inside him.

"Cross," Tyki called against his lips.

"Let me know if I can do something better," Cross told Tyki.

Tyki nodded.

Soon he was fingering him confidently, and Tyki was pushing against his fingers.

Cross laid tender kisses down his body, and slid his enchanting mouth over Tyki's dick. He started slowly, and gained confidence quickly, soon moving his fingers inside him again. Exploring every angle.

Cross lay on top of Tyki, and kissed him as he moved against him. Tyki put his legs up. Cross didn't miss a beat, and pressed gently inside him.

They moved together in a dance. Slow and deliberate. Lead and follow. Touch and slide and thrust.

Tyki rolled them over and took Cross apart with the trace of his mouth, and the roll of his hips. With the gentle hold he had on Cross' wrists.

When he let him go, Cross gabbed his hips and thrust up into him.

"Touch me," Tyki asked, breathless. Cross pumped his cock in time with their movements.

Cross rolled them over again and took them to completion. Tyki came with a gasping groan in Cross' ear. And Cross kissed him until his whole body stiffened.

After, they spoke of how amazing it was, and how it would have happened even if they weren't high as hell - and passed right out.

Chapter 11: Dark Matter

Chapter Text

Allen.

Allen, Kanda, Leenalee and Lavi sat in the lounge on the Ark, like it was old times. It was really nice, actually. When was the last time they just stayed still long enough to sit in the same room?

And, boy, did it start with a bang. Lavi and Leenalee were already there when Allen and Kanda came in. They were making out, and it made Allen stop in his tracks. Then he laughed hard, helplessly, and fell to the floor from his laughter.

Here Allen had been, wondering how he was going to break it to Lavi that Tyki and Cross were obviously hooking up - that his worst nightmare came true. But there Lavi and Leenalee had been - sucking face.

Kanda helped him up, and Allen crashed into his chest, as he continued to laugh.

When Allen and Kanda finally sat down, Lavi and Leenalee, getting over their being laughed at - Leenalee got into an explanation about what happened.

Lavi poured wine for them all as she talked, and now they each had a glass in hand.

"Did you have to laugh like that?" Leenalee asked when she'd finished.

"Yes," Allen replied. "You could have been dating for years, and you didn't. I guess tastes change." And really, laughing was better than his other instinct - to get angry at the absurdity of it given Lavi's general confusion. And possibly some indigence from his leftover feelings for Leenalee at having loved her once - indigence he had to right to have.

It would run its course, and Lavi would decide what he would do. The question of Lavi's loyalties - Exorcists, Bookmen, friends, obligation - sobered him somewhat. "Are you still figuring things out, Lavi?" Allen asked.

"Yes," he replied. "I...realize it looks like I'm not trying, but I am. I just spent a few days with the Bookmen, and it didn't help. I...also found the record of a town in Ireland. That it was where Bookman found me. I thought of going there, but I know that won't help, either."

Lavi sighed, and continued, "Maybe if I hermited myself away for a while, but we have to take care of Road. That wouldn't be possible for a while. I spend a lot of time meditating, but I don't feel any closer to the answer."

"Maybe we can help," Allen offered.

Lavi considered it. "It's worth a try."

They talked out Lavi's thoughts for a long time.

Eventually, Allen said to Lavi, "Ok, close your eyes. When you look at your ideal future, what do you see?"

"I see volumes of records. Interesting times. I see you three. I see Tyki."

Allen looked to Leenalee, and she looked wistful, perhaps, but not surprised.

"And what's stopping you from that future?" Leenalee asked Lavi.

His brows knit. "The Bookmen may find out and kick me out. You might turn your backs on me."

"So its not that you don't want us in your life?" Leena asked.

"No," he answered on a breath, as if realizing that for himself. "I can balance it."

"So it's all about what other may think of you." Allen said.

"I decided to be a Bookman, and everything that means - since I was small."

"The world seems simpler when you're young," Allen answered softly. "I thought all I needed in life was Mana near me."

"My world was cruel, and dark, and lonely when I was a kid. And I couldn't wait to leave it," Kanda put in.

"My life started brightly, and then it turned dark for me, too - until Komui came to the Order," Leena said.

Lavi closed his eye, touched. "Bookman, in his letter to me, said I had too big a heart for being a Bookman, but a heart that endures this hard life. I took it as the brutal honesty he always had. But, he may have been saying that I was a better fit for the job than someone that followed the ways."

"I always thought it was weird you two were Exorcists if you were Bookmen. You can't be neutral when your fighting on one side at the same time," Kanda said.

Lavi considered this. "He picked a side, after all." He laughed. "Thank you, everyone. I've got my answer."

He hugged Allen, who was across from him, hard, with more feeling than he's ever allowed himself to show before. Yes, he had his answer. Allen hugged him back.

Then he told Kanda he was allowed one hug, since Kanda had hugged him in thanks for risking his life and getting his leg snapped in two places for holding the wall that protected Allen long enough to be Exorcised. Kanda allowed it, then agreed that he was only allowed the one hug. But Allen knew Kanda appreciated Lavi's thanks.

Last, he hugged Leenalee, and they whispered softly to each other.

After that, the mood lifted, and they got to teasing each other, and laughing.

~

Allen and Kanda went back to Allen's house on the Ark, leaving Lavi and Leenalee to talk. Allen could sense the impending breakup and wanted to give them privacy.

Kanda made them some tea while Allen got out the biscuits.

"I think the drama's finally over," Allen said when they sat down.

Kanda smirked. "With this bunch?"

Allen laughed. "One can hope." He looked at Kanda. Felt his steady presence. The ebbs and flows were so much easier to deal with with Kanda next to him.

Allen grabbed his arm and kissed him. He thought of how their friends were together. And the uncertain future. Why wait? "Do you want to get married tomorrow?" he asked Kanda.

Kanda looked at him surprised. "In the middle of a mission?"

~

Lavi.

Lavi looked at the mansion, Kanda next to him, and hesitated. What if Cross was with him right now? He wouldn't want to see that - wouldn't want to know.

Lavi had no room to judge, of course. He'd broken up with him. He'd been with Leenalee. To see what was between her and him. To distract himself from his heartbreak. To look at his problem in a new way. And possibly, subconsciously, to match Tyki in letting himself love his best friend.

Leena had been wonderful, and sweet, and he could have been happy with her in another life. A life where Tyki wasn't an option - hadn't woken up his soul to who he truly was. The self he'd been suppressing as best he could.

Lavi loved, deeply. He loved Tyki, and he loved his friends. And he wouldn't hold back anymore. He used his Innocence as an excuse until now, but he really did want it. Need it. To love freely. And he would never let himself feel guilty for that again.

Lavi tried to say hi to Tyki through their wireless channel, but he wasn't on it.

Kanda stepped forward and knocked on the door. He was there to see Cross about the Skull rescue plan he and Allen had been cooking up, and also to talk about them getting married as soon as tomorrow. Kanda didn't gush, of course, but he was excited.

Lavi was thinking maybe he should send a note to Tyki to meet him in the garden.

Lavi's heart was in his throat as he thought of seeing him. It's only been two weeks, but Tyki's heart could have changed in that time. He could love the debonair, non-confused, Cross better than him. He could have been too hurt to try again with Lavi. Love like this is so rare, and Lavi may have lost his chance.

No one answered the door. Very strange. Kanda tried the main channel on the wireless, now. Neither Tyki nor Cross came on.

"Is everything alright?" Allen asked.

"I don't know." Lavi answered. "Let's going in." The first floor was empty, no help in sight. Even stranger.

They went upstairs, and Lavi went straight to Tyki's room. He knocked. Nothing. He opened the door.

It was torn apart.

Lavi gasped. Things lay broken on the floor. A dresser was tipped over. The mattress was torn. "Something's happened," Lavi said.

"There's blood on the wall," Kanda noted.

"Is anyone there in the house at all?" Leenalee asked, worried.

Lavi checked Tricia's room, and Kanda checked Cross', even though Cross' coat was on the sofa in Tyki's room and Lavi thought it meant he was there when whatever it was went down.

"No," they both confirmed. Then Lavi explained that Tricia was likely still visiting her parents.

They went back to Tyki's bedroom and Lavi sat on the bed. It looked to Lavi like both Tyki and Cross were taken against their wills, and he said so.

Shit. They were with Road, weren't they? Lavi suppressed his growing panic.

~

Tyki.

Tyki and Cross were enjoying their tea in Tyki's room, talking and laughing casually - following some fantastic blowjobs.

The next thing he knew, Cross was slammed hard into the wall, feet dangling. Tyki quickly followed the path of metal wire that held Cross suspended, and saw Sheryl standing there, hand outstretched in front of Road's Door. He winked at Tyki. "Your gap year has come to and end," he said.

Tyki scowled.

Road walked through the Door, smiled at Tyki and addressed Cross. "Cross Marian. I believe our Dream could be yours as well. Come with us, and I will show you."

"I hate to disappoint a pretty girl, but I have many dreams that I do not wish to give up. It's not in my nature to chose one," he replied.

She scoffed. "You will be the new Millennium Earl. Everything is in place. I know your heart, I've seen it, and I'm sure I can convince you once you're transformed."

"Once I'm twisted by dark matter, you mean."

"It won't be difficult. I know how you think the world is already lost." Manic hope was in Road's eyes, as well as Sheryl's.

Tyki won't let them. His anger boiled over, and he went for his brother, bent on taking his head off with a swipe of his arm.

Tyki was suddenly in a black space, and Road appeared before him.

"No interfering," she said gamely.

"Don't you fucking try it," Tyki seethed.

"I suspected you weren't really on my side," she lamented. "Good thing I know how to make you join us anyway."

"Let me out!" he barked.

"So emotional," she commented. "That won't be a problem for much longer."

Tyki went for her, willing his powers to work in her dream world so he could tear her apart.

But a cage suddenly surrounded him, and he couldn't get at her. He put his hands around the bars and stared her down.

"Stay put," she said, and disappeared.

Tyki seethed, and panicked for a while inside his cage, until she came back, right in front of the bars. "I'll let you see what comes next if you promise to behave. If you don't, you'll just wind up back in here."

He woke up on his back, and immediately heard screaming. Cross? He sat up and saw a circle of Skulls, Purple light coming from the circle, shining off their white skulls.
He moved his head to see between two of them, and Cross was on the ground, back arched and obviously the target of a ritual spell. Tyki could feel it in his bones - that it was dark magic. The same that touched him even now as a Noah, but more, so much more.

Tyki yelled for Cross. He could barely hear himself over the chanting.

When it was done a moment later, the circle of Skulls dropped to the floor. They were all dead - thirteen of them.

Cross was still writhing on the floor, but no longer screaming. Tyki scrambled up and ran to him, jumping over a Skull, and sitting on his knees next to him.

Tyki moved to touch his head, and hesitated. Then he did. "Cross."

"Tyki," he answered, with his eyes screwed shut. He took his hand from his head, and held it tight. "Am I still here? Am I me?"

"Yes," he answered without hesitation. "Don't stop fighting."

A manic laugh escaped Cross' throat, and he cut it off. Then it started again, louder this time. Tyki squeezed his hand. "Are you with me?" he asked, throat tight.

"Yes," he answered vaguely. He squeezed back. "But I almost can't feel you."

Tyki leaned down and kissed him. Maybe that would ground him better. Cross kissed him back.

Then, suddenly, Tyki was in his cage again, Road before him on the other side.

"You helped him through it," Road said. "Thank you. It's something that we both want."

"I don't want any of this," Tyki said with venom.

"Your doubts will be over soon. Sit tight, Tyki. Cross and I have a lot to talk about. And then..." she didn't finish - just left again.

Tyki's mind reeled. Cross survived. Thankfully. But what was he now? Did he have the powers that the Earl did? And what about his mind? The thought of an insane Cross brought bile to his throat.

Tyki would get them out of here. Somehow. He just has to touch Cross and they can walk through the walls to the outside.

And what was Road's next step? If there's an Earl, then the Noah will follow, Tyki reasoned. Cross would start making Noah, and where better to start than the 'quarter-Noah' that were here in this place?

His mind recoiled. He didn't want that existence. Would rather die. Well, he would just have to do all he could to prevent it.
~

Lavi.

"We're falling back to the Ark. Let's go," Kanda said to Lavi, snapping him out of his panic.

Lavi almost jumped up to follow the order, but couldn't. It felt like abandoning Tyki. And, with his heart as open as it was, the dismay was paralyzing.

Kanda put a firm hand on his shoulder and looked him in the eye. "It's not safe here. We'll get them back. But we need to make a plan first."

Lavi nodded and managed to get up this time.

~

Tyki.

Tyki woke up after a while, and found himself in an actual cell. He laughed humorlessly. There was food in front of him - the good stuff, too - and he realized he was very, very hungry. How long has it been since they were taken? He ate it wholeheartedly.

Bars can't hold him, of course. Room's can't hold him. His powers were limited, but he thought it was worth the cost in energy, so he ascended himself through the ceiling and luckily wound up in a room on the first floor.

It was the main hall, where the ritual occurred. In a mansion he's never been in before. The room was all cleaned up as if nothing had happened.

Tyki heard voices on the second floor, and ascended the stairs quietly. As he went down the hallway, he could hear Road and Cross talking in a room. Tyki slipped into the neighboring room. It had been quiet in that one, and thankfully empty.

Ok, he would wait for them to separate, and take Cross and run. How long would it be until they noticed he was loose, though?

The timbre of Cross' voice was familiar, but there was an edge to it that make Tyki uncomfortable.

Road said something in parting near the door, and their door opened and closed. Light footsteps passed the room Tyki was in.

Tyki walked through the wall and into the room Cross was in.

Cross looked at him surprised, then smiled wide at Tyki. It was an exaggerated smile that wasn't like him.

"Tyki," he greeted warmly.

"Are you alright, Cross?"

His smile grew wider. "Outstanding, actually. Come, sit with me." Cross offered the armchair opposite his own.

"They pumped you full of dark matter," Tyki said in concern as he sat down.

"Yes. The righteous path isn't easy to walk."

"You've never deigned to think you know the right path before," Tyki called out. "We've bullshitted for hours on that subject."

Cross laughed lightly. "I've had a good idea of what it takes," he amended. "I just convinced myself I didn't because there was nothing I could do about it. And now I have the power to do it." Tyki shivered. He didn't like the sound of that. It reminded him too much of the Earl.

"It's the dark matter. It's cracked your brain."

"No. You helped me stay on course. Thank you for that." He looked at Tyki lovingly then.

"Are you going to try to cause the flood?"

"Yes. Road has convinced me that what you and she talked about would save humanity from itself. Prevent them from destroying themselves by giving them something bigger to worry about."

"That argument was a ploy. You know that."

"But one based on the truth. Those are the best kind of lies. You believe in it too. Believe it in enough to try to convince Road of your sincerity with. Or, failing that, you will once you've taken your place beside me." He said it with a mix of seduction and power, that both thrilled and scared Tyki.

"Come with me. Maybe Allen can free you from the dark matter."

"No, Tyki. You will be joining me," he said with certainty.

Tyki's limbs locked, and cold dread washed through him.

"Thank you, Yin," Cross said to the Skull at the door. Shit, how did he not notice the door open?

Cross began the ritual. It was painful, but he didn't scream. He felt the dark matter permeate his body - his being - his mind. He felt both powerful and brought low at the same time.

He bitterly mourned the loss of his freedom, his humanity, Lavi - until, eventually, he no longer minded.

~

He woke up in a comfortable bed, and saw Cross sitting on the bed next to him, happy that he was awake.

"How do you feel, Lovely?" Cross asked.

Tyki sat up and took stock of himself. "I feel like a Noah," he replied simply.

"Please don't hate me."

Tyki was angry, but he didn't know at whom. It wasn't Cross, though. Road, maybe. "I don't hate you." Cross looked relieved. "I was mournful, and worried for the both of us, but not anymore. I still don't trust Road, though."

"Road is mine to command. It's you and I that will change the world together."

"I would much rather live quietly. I liked everything as it was."

"I'll help you to see the importance of our work," he promised. "It will help the world more than your business dealings ever would have. As for those we love, we will not hurt them. And - we will help them to see the truth as well."

Tyki stared at him with wide eyes. "You - plan to recruit them?!"

"Yes. I'm not the Millennium Earl, and we will do it my way. We musn't turn away from love. We must embrace it."

Tyki's mouth worked but he didn't know what to say. This beautiful man has wrangled a dark force and bent it to his will - if not completely, at least impressively. Things still weren't right. But Tyki would save them. At the same time, things would be different here in Cross' service than he expected.

Tyki felt a kernel of love that he didn't expect to be able to feel, and kissed Cross - in love, and loss, and thanks, and servitude.

Chapter 12: Noah of Wrath

Chapter Text

Kanda.

"Central has ordered us to hold tight until they arrive here to take command," Komui announced to the room. Many Exorcists have arrived at HQ by now, but just the generals and Kanda's team - and Viral - were in the meeting room.

"No," Lavi yelled, standing and banging his hand on the table. "I'll go alone without orders if I have to." His jaw was set, gaze clear and serious. Kanda could understand that feeling - the absolute need to protect the one you love.

"I'll go with him," Allen volunteered. Kanda could tell that Komui wanted to say that he had the Heart and that meant that he especially could not go, but didn't.

"I'll go, too," Kanda added.

"And me," Leenalee said.

"We should also all be going onto the Ark. We aren't safe here," Allen said. It was the plan before Komui got the word from Central. It would be idiotic to stay here and twiddle their thumbs waiting for higher command.

And, there was no force on Earth that could keep his team here more than an hour or so - not when Cross had contacted them on the wireless with a rendezvous point. He and Tyki escaped the Noah and needed their help to get out of there as quickly as possible.

Komui looked conflicted and stared at nothing, clearly thinking through all the possibilities. Long minutes passed like this in silence - even Viral didn't speak, though he watched Komui intently.

Finally, Komui said, now looking at the assembled party, "It seems we have finally reached an empass with Central Command." He paused a moment as everyone took that in. Kanda's heart sped up. "Those that are willing - will board the Ark, and we will enact our plans as we've made them. The rest can wait here for Central to arrive."

"We're breaking with the Order?" Allen asked, not in surprise but to be clear.

"Again, in our case," Kanda added.

"There's a part of the orders given to me I haven't shared with you yet," Komui admitted. "They said to forget Tyki, break with Viral, and confine Allen. All consistent with their views from the past. But - incompatible with our strategy. The strategy that won the war, and the one that's our best chance now."

"And so - the unnamed Third Side lives on," Lavi said gratefully. Then, "We have to go."

Komui nodded, then said, "Allen, Leenalee, Lavi, you were never recognized by the High Generals, but if you would - be my Generals."

They were all touched, and accepted the offer.
"You four go, and the rest of us will get ourselves and everything we may need onto the Ark."

"I'll help explain the situation to everyone," Tiedoll offered. "I think that we will find that many can be persuaded to board the Ark."

~

"You know this could be a trap, right?" Kanda asked.

The four of them stood at the appointed place, outside an abandoned house on the outskirts of Munich, waiting for Cross to join them.

"Yea," Allen said, sad but resolute.

The door to the house opened, and Cross Marian stepped out, cigarette in hand. They all stood to face him intently.

"Is Tyki inside?" Lavi asked.

Cross took a puff of his cigarette. "No," he said. "But I can take you to him."

"Why isn't he here? We need to get you both out of here," Lavi replied. This didn't feel right, Kanda thought. Something was very wrong.

"I'm afraid that's not possible, but he is waiting for you. We both want you to come with us."

Kanda felt his barely veiled malevolence, then. "It's a trap!," he yelled and struck him high with his sword. It did not connect, because of the dark matter that blocked his blade.

He fell back, and when he looked at Cross' face, he could see the unmistakable signs of a Noah.

Allen gasped. "Cross, you..."

Cross laughed, unhinged. And when he gathered himself, he explained what he wanted to do with this world, and how he wanted each of them to join him.

"We can't do that," Allen said firmly. "You don't really want to do that, either."

"You'll see, as Tyki did." Cross said, "Now," and the four were overcome with Akuma - and a moment later by Road, and Sheryl in their full glory.

It was a desperate battle, and when Kanda defended an unconscious Allen, it was he that was taken - pulled through Road's Door by Sheryl with his limbs locked, Cross with a knocked out Lavi over his shoulder behind them.

Leenalee yelled for them, running after them, though not fast enough. The Door shut with a solid bang of finality.

~

"It will be difficult because he's a crystal type, but I think I've got it figured out," Cross said to Tyki and the other Noah.

Kanda was spitting venom as he was held in place. Wishing bloody vengeance on Road, on Tyki's brother, on Tyki himself, and on Cross.

Cross considered him carefully, nonplussed by his anger.

And then Kanda was burning. Burning from the inside out. It just made him angrier, and he cursed the lot of them to hell.

Cross actually had the balls to laugh and said, "You make it too easy."

"What does that mean?" he growled.

Cross didn't answer.

Tyki looked like he didn't approve of what was going on, but was unwilling to stop it. In that vague, aloof, way that Noah had. Like he wouldn't actually lose any sleep over it.

He yelled and yelled, until the world went white. Wanting the world to burn. He wasn't just angry. He was anger. He was wrath incarnate.

Finally, the world turned black.

~

Allen.

When Allen came to, Leenalee was binding his thigh - it was bleeding quite a bit. She was crying. He looked around and didn't see anyone else.

"Allen," she said, "they took them."

Allen's stomach dropped. "What?"

"Kanda, and Lavi."

No.

"We have to get out of here. Can you open the Gate?" she asked. Allen nodded, numb.

~

When they got on the Ark, there were so many friendly faces, but for once, Allen had no time for them. He ran to the tower, where he expected Komui to be.

He banged the door to the conference room open, Leenalee behind him. "They're gone!" he yelled.

Allen and Leenalee explained, and they all planned what they should do, and Allen was exhausted when he went back to his house on the Ark.

It was too quiet here, and his mind wandered. Started to comprehend the horror of loosing Kanda.

His mind played everything they talked about in a loop. Wondering what they were doing with Kanda and Lavi. What about Tyki? Wondering how they would get everyone back and whole. Hopefully, Allen's sword was the key.

He eventually passed out in his exhaustion.

~

Five tense, fruitless, days later, an emergency message came in from HQ. It was under attack.

There were no Generals there to defend it. Allen and Leenalee volunteered to go.

When they went through the Gate, they ran, following the noise to HQ's central hall. A scream of rage assaulted them when they entered, and dread coursed through Allen at the recognition. It was Kanda.

Kanda was angrier than Allen had ever seen him. Lighting crackled around him. Everyone else in the room - Officials, and Exorcists, and Finders, and Scientists, were on the ground. Dead. They were all dead.

A group of Finders ran into the room, and Allen yelled for them to turn back around - run away. Allen and Leenalee shared a look, and walked cautiously, yet quickly, toward Kanda.

Lighting followed the group out of the room - sent at Kanda's hand. They screamed, and then they were silent.

"Kanda!" Allen yelled, with grief - and anger of his own.

Kanda looked at him with recognition. He didn't strike at them. This close, Allen could see his gray skin.

"Stop, Kanda," he said as calmly as he could.

"Why should I?" he barked out. "They made me. I was born to pain and death - because of them."

Allen's throat tightened. This wasn't only the Noah rage, it was Kanda's own. A completely legitimate and understandable range. But he couldn't let him do this. He stood directly in front of him, now.

"You know, Allen. You know what they did. Aren't you angry?"

"Of course I am," he admitted.

"And they hurt you, too. And Leenalee." He looked at her now as well. "And the Circus. What was the name of that Circus? I'll kill them all."

Allen drew his Exorcism sword. "It doesn't matter. I'll help you."

"Don't come closer with that sword," Kanda warned. Allen put it down and walked, closing the distance between them. The crackling around Kanda stopped abruptly at his approach.
Allen hugged him. "Come home."

Kanda's tense muscles loosened some, his expression softening. He hugged Allen back. "No. Come with me and help me fix things."

"I love you for more than because you look hot with a sword, you know," Allen began. "I love you because, even though you've been through so much, you put everything you had into being an amazing Exorcist...And, you remind me so much of myself. Who I was before I knew Mana. I'd like to think I did you some good, like he did for me."

"You have," he answered, affected. Allen didn't know how Kanda could still love him when he was a Noah, but he knew it was true.

Allen looked up at him, and Kanda kissed him.

Just then, Cross' voice cut the air. "Don't move another inch, Leenalee," he chided.

Allen looked around. Leenalee was behind Kanda's back with Allen's sword pointed at him. She was going to Exorcise him. An Akuma materialized to Allen's left, dagger to his throat.

"Don't you hurt him," Kanda seethed.

"I don't want to, but I have to keep leverage somehow," Cross lamented. "Back away," he told Leenalee. She didn't budge. "It seems we're at a stalemate. I'd hoped to bring more of you home with me, bring the family together, but both sides will have to cut their losses today."

"Did you do this to Lavi, too?" Leenalee asked Cross.

"Yes. He's - acclimating. And now that Kanda has proven himself today, I can finally let them meet as family."

"You haven't seen him then?" Allen asked Kanda for confirmation. He shook his head.

"Time to go, Kanda," Cross said. The thought of letting them go was too much. But Cross was right, they were at a stalemate. Allen racked his brain, but no solution came to him.

"Can you really still love me after this?" Kanda asked him.

Allen said quietly, "I do. I love you. And, remember who you are."

"I love you, too," he answered. He kissed him one more time, and then the two sides moved and stood opposed to one another. Allen's heart was in shreds.

Road's Door emerged behind them, and they were gone.

Allen and Leenalee were left staring at where they had been. Kanda. Lavi. Cross. Tyki. The majority of the new Noah clan was made up of more friends than not. It was their worst fear. And yet, Kanda had said he loved him.

Allen wasn't prepared to look around quite yet, at how Kanda had proven himself.

~~

Lavi.

Lavi sat in his cell, eye closed, when he heard the measured, casual, familiar steps walking toward him. His heart stuttered. Tyki. Yes, it was Tyki. But, with the cadence of his Noah self.

"Hey," Tyki said quietly.

Lavi looked at him - at his cold face, and his own expression crumbled. "Tyki," he said sadly. Then, "What did they do with Kanda? We were separated right away."

Tyki crouched down to be at his level. "He's a Noah. He's sleeping it off. It was rough."

Lavi inhaled a sharp breath. "And what about me?"

"You're next."

"Fuck!"

"Don't think I'm not angry about that. Cross is the master here, make no mistake. He's stronger than I am, and can command me to boot. He's - doing this for me, in a twisted way."

Lavi looked down a moment, taking in the news, then said, looking back at him again, "I need you to know, before they do it. I love you. And I want to love you. And I will never stop."

Tyki's eyes widened, grew pleased. "I love you, too. As much as I can as I am...I would have taken you back. I still want you, Lavi. I want the life I had with you."

"Me too." Lavi wondered how they were going to get that life back, but knew he would do everything he could do to get it.

Tyki stood, and Lavi did the same reflexively. Tyki walked right through the bars, wrapped him in his arms, and kissed him.

They kissed for a few glorious minutes, until they heard footsteps drawing near.

Chapter 13: Noah of Bonds

Summary:

Dark romance, and longing.

Chapter Text

Lavi.

The transformation was painful, stressful. Lasted for three days. But he felt none of that stress now. Tyki helped him.

Lavi lay in Tyki's bed, Tyki on top of him. His Tyki - though possibly not only his. There was Cross, and he didn't ask about that yet. Lavi was kissing him, touching him, finding pleasure with him. It was slow and incandescent.

They were together again, though neither of them was the person he was when they'd parted. They'd agreed to leave when it was safe too. Cross could just command them to return - unless they were on the Ark.

They would have to be careful. Maybe call Allen first and make sure they would be allowed on the Ark. And they'd have to talk to Kanda when he was done raging. It was all he's been doing for days, in no state to be helped, or to talk about a plan.

But Lavi and Tyki weren't sure how much time they had. They were getting more and more comfortable with their situation, more and more convinced of Cross' words. Eventually, they may not care to leave.

Lavi tipped his head back as they moved together, and Tyki sucked his neck.

Lavi was the Noah of Bonds, he knew. And he was drawn to Tyki - as his boyfriend, as a Noah. He felt for Kanda and hoped he would calm down soon. He cared about Cross, too - as an old comrade, but also in a unique way as their master. He knew he cared about Leenalee and Allen, but he could not feel it the same way anymore. He reminded himself often.

~

Lavi and Tyki fell asleep afterward. And when Lavi woke, it was to Tyki and Cross talking softly. Something about a mission, and Tyki complaining that they could do it tomorrow - not right now. Tyki was sitting up in bed. A bedsheet was over them both and nothing else. Cross was standing midway between the door and the bed.

Lavi sat up on the side of the bed further from Cross, and looked at the ex-General as the two continued to talk. His coat was off, and his shirtsleeves were rolled up his arms. He seemed fond of Tyki, even as he lightly objected to getting out of bed.

Lavi wondered again where things lay with them. Cross didn't seem bothered by Lavi in his bed at any rate. Come to think of it, Lavi would normally be angry, or at least embarrassed of being walked in on in bed - especially by Cross. But, he found he was not.

Cross was his master, and the casualness between them pleased Lavi somehow. Was that the expression of his Noah self?

He considered Cross, who had just made Tyki laugh. Their banter was getting more playful. It made Lavi feel like the three of them had a connection. Cross had a vision and wanted to share it with them - and has let them love as a part of that vision, despite their transformation. Cross was capable, and passionate, and willful.

Maybe he was too harsh in his opinion of him in the past. Maybe it was biased for his love of Tyki. Ok, it definitely was.

Cross looked at Lavi now and smiled. "I can see you're doing better, Lavi," he commented. "If the mission waits until tomorrow, maybe you'll be up to coming, too." His voice was warmer toward Lavi than he's ever heard it.

Lavi flushed a little, and said, "What's the mission?"

"To gather the Akuma in South America," he replied. "And if you go you can test your power."

Lavi was pleased at Cross' faith in him. "Alright."

"There, it's settled," Cross said to them both.

"I know we didn't get along before," Lavi said, "But, I'm starting to see you differently."

Cross' eyes glittered, and he sat on the bed. "I'm glad," Cross said, "I didn't dislike you, Lavi. And now, we're family." He raised his arm and touched Lavi's cheek with his fingers. Brushed them along his jaw.

Lavi's skin tingled. His breath quickened. Tyki let out a puff of breath. He was lost in his caring expression. "Let's see where this takes us," Lavi replied. "Let's see if I can see what Tyki does." Lavi looked at Tyki. He was intensely intrigued.

When Lavi looked back at Cross, Cross leaned forward and kissed him. He was surprised at just how much he liked it. He opened his mouth to him.

Tyki groaned. "Am I having a wet dream?" he asked. "I've dreamed of this so many times."

Lavi got closer and sat on his legs to match his height. The bedsheet pooled around him. Cross held his bare hips, and Lavi ran his hands up his chest.

Tyki went behind Cross on his knees and kissed his neck. Ran his hands over Cross. Cross sighed into Lavi's mouth.

"You're overdressed," Tyki told him, untucking his shirt and unbuttoning from the bottom. Lavi started unbuttoning from the top.

When Cross' shirt was off, they ran their hands over the exposed skin. And Lavi felt Cross' hands roam over him.

This wasn't like the other times he and Tyki brought someone to bed. This time it really meant something. And if his revelation before being taken hadn't readied him for it, his transformation into the Noah of Bonds has. Just as Tyki was addicted to pleasure, Lavi was now addicted to connections. In all its forms, it didn't need to be sexual. But this decidedly was.

Tyki opened Cross' trousers and divested him of the rest of his clothes. Cross lay Lavi down on the bed, and Tyki sat back and watched avidly.

Soon Cross was inside him, and pulling sounds from his throat. "You're exquisite," Cross told him. Lavi held onto him tighter.
"You're both exquisite," Tyki said from beside them.

"Let's not neglect our dear Tyki," Cross suggested to Lavi. Lavi nodded his head in agreement. Tyki smiled wide.

Cross withdrew, and turned to Tyki. Pulled the bedsheet from him. Tyki sat up and kissed Cross. Cross pulled him close and kissed him deeper.

Lavi used to be afraid of ever seeing them together. Now, seeing them like this felt right, and turned him on immeasurably.

"Lay back," Cross told Tyki, and he did. Cross prepared him with caring fingers, and loving kisses along his legs. Lavi lay half on top of Tyki and kissed his mouth, their hands sliding over heated skin.

Lavi could tell that Tyki was getting overwhelmed. Movements erratic and desperate.

"I'll have to hold you down," Cross teased.

Tyki groaned and said, "Do you mean it?"

Cross chuckled and looked to Lavi. Lavi has seen Tyki in this mood before, but never quite like this. Lavi wanted to see where they could take it. "Better give him what he wants," Lavi said. Cross smirked back at him.

Cross used a dark spell, and in short order, Tyki was tied to the bed, arms over his head. "I'm really bound. I can't get out of it," Tyki commented. He's always had the benefit of his power to pass through anything in games like this.

"Is it too much?" Cross asked. "We can use something else."

"No," Tyki said, aroused. "This is better."
They all smiled at each other. Lavi kissed Tyki some more, and Cross went back to preparing Tyki. Close to the spell now, Lavi could feel the dark matter that permeated the bindings. It intensified that need to be with them. He could do this forever.

Cross bound Tyki's leg's apart to stop his writhing. Tyki groaned again. "I need you both," he said after a few moments.

"Soon," Cross promised, and kissed his inner thigh. Tyki looked like he might explode from not moving. Neither Tyki or Lavi had much patience in these moments, but Cross certainly seemed to. Lavi resolved to let him try it.

Tyki devoured Lavi's mouth with his own. His only outlet for the onslaught he was under. Lavi pinched his nipple, enticing him further. Tyki bit his lip hard, and Lavi smiled.

"We're gunna fuck you so good," Lavi promised, "But not quite yet." Then he turned around and lay on top of him. Sucked on his cock as he lowered his hips to Tyki's waiting mouth.

Tyki sucked his cock with the same ferocity he'd been kissing him. Felt so good to feel Tyki around him, to swallow Tyki down in turn. To hear the erotic sounds of Cross fingering him, and then to feel the fingers of Cross' other hand in his hair. Lavi moved his hips in pace to Tyki's lingering sucks.

Cross bent down and licked Tyki's sensitized hole. Tyki cried out.

"That's long enough," Cross said, hard edge of lust in his voice. He got up and quickly washed his mouth. When he got back on the bed, he grabbed Tyki's hips. Lavi rolled to the side and off of Tyki.

Lavi watched as Cross undid Tyki for long minutes. With every kiss, caress, and thrust.

Cross pulled Tyki down the length of the bed, and stood at the end. The magical binding stretched to allow it. Lavi and Cross shared a look. Lavi climbed on top of Tyki, and sheathed Tyki inside him.

Lavi rolled his hips and kissed him slowly. He felt Cross come up close behind him and enter Tyki again.

The three moved together. Tyki was Pleasure itself. Cross grasped Lavi's cock, and stroked him in time. And, pressing back into Cross' broad chest, he felt the Bond between them.

~

Lavi and Tyki met Kanda in his room. Kanda was surprised to see them. Lavi and Kanda stared at each other, never having seen each other as Noah before in more than just in passing. Then Kanda simply walked back into the room with the door open in invitation to come in.

There was a small table, and Lavi and Tyki took the two seats. Kanda sat on the side of his bed.

"You're ok?" Kanda asked them both.

"Yea. You?" Lavi answered.

"Yea." There was still a lot of anger in his voice, but it was contained well enough.

They all sat awkwardly for a moment until Tyki said, "Our first mission was easy enough. But, you were at the Order's HQ?"

"Yea," his gaze grew unfocused. "I saw Allen, and Leenalee." And killed a lot of people, Lavi knew. "I tried to convince him to come, but he wouldn't."

"Is that what you want?" Tyki asked carefully.

"Yes," he started. "No," he went on.

"I know what you mean," Lavi offered.

"We'll only grow more complacent over time," Tyki said. "If we're going to ask for help, we'll have to do it soon."

Kanda's eyes bore into them both, taking their measures. "You spend some nights in Cross' room."

"We want to help him too, though he won't want to be helped. I'm not even sure if you want to be helped," Tyki said.

Kanda withdrew again, as if taking stock of himself. "I do," he asserted. "I'll get a hold of my comm and talk to Allen. Though, that's how Cross got me and Lavi, so Allen may not trust anything we say."

"If we leave, we need to get on the Ark right away, before Cross can exert his control. And, it would be too dangerous to take him. We'll have to come back for him with help," Lavi said. "Or, does it make more sense to stay here and help the others in a plan they have going? We won't know until we talk to them."

"I'll get a comm and bring it to you," Tyki told Kanda. "I can go anywhere here without trouble."

Kanda nodded his agreement. "I'll talk to him tonight."

So Kanda was convinced of their sincerity. That was a relief. Yet, Lavi was unsure of something himself. Could Kanda keep his head enough to be of real help?

A wicked idea for a test came to his mind. "Kanda?" he prompted, and pushed forward, one hand on the bed - to kiss him on the mouth. Lavi felt the softness of his lips for one instant, before he was shoved back hard into his seat. He nearly toppled back off the chair, off balance.

"What the hell is the matter with you!" Kanda yelled, incensed, his posture bristled.

Lavi laughed when he righted himself. "Just seeing if you had control of your anger," he said.

Tyki put his head in his hand.

"I would kill you regardless, you idiot!" Kanda replied, pacing to the far end of the room in his rage - but did not try to kill him.

"A bit overboard," Tyki commented mildly.

"Aren't you Bonds?" Kanda asked. "You should want to be nice to me."

Lavi thought. "But, this is what we do - get under each other's skin. Its the Bond of annoyance, Kanda."

Tyki laughed, and Kanda glared at the both of them. "At your own risk," Tyki warned.

~~

Kanda.

"Allen?" he called into the air outside.

"Kanda?!" Allen replied into his ear. Kanda was immeasurably relieved to hear his voice.

"Yea."

"How are you?"

"...Ok. The others, too." He went on before Allen could ask anything more about how he felt. The truth was that he was barely hanging onto himself, but there was no good in saying so. He was afraid he would break down if he did. "Listen, we want out of here. Or, we'll stay if it'll help you in getting us out. Tell us what to do. Me, Lavi, and Tyki."

"You want to leave?" Allen said with profound relief. "Ok. Just, give me some time to talk to Komui."

"Yea," he agreed.

"What about Cross?"

"He's committed to his plan. The dark matter changed him."

"Yea, I saw him," Allen replied sadly.

Can you purify him?"

"I'll give it everything I have." Then Allen said, "When's the next time you can talk?"

"Tomorrow, same time." It was late into the night here. The best time to get away. "As long as I can slip away again."

"Ok. You...sound a lot like yourself. I'm so glad."

Kanda's emotions were in a tumult. He was forcing himself to sound as calm as he should. "I'm trying - to remember myself," he replied. An echo of what Allen told him when he'd last seen him.

Then he remembered the bodies he'd left behind. He still felt vindicated. The higher ranks of the Order were corrupt, and everyone that didn't go onto the Ark didn't trust him and Allen even after everything.

But, how can Allen not hate him? He's had no doubt that Allen would purify him. But, for the first time he wondered - what if he, or the others, want to kill him instead? "Do you hate me, now that you've had time to think about it?" Kanda asked.

Allen let out a sob, and Kanda's tiny, muted heart clenched. He wanted to circle him in his arms. Place Allen's head on his chest in comfort. He resolved not to ask that anymore - it was selfish.

"They're gone. But, I don't blame you, Kanda. Just like we don't blame Tyki for what he did under the Earl. And, if you keep remembering yourself, it'll be easier to come back."

Back. "And when we're all back, we can get married," he said.

"That's right," Allen promised. Then said, "Is there anything else you can tell me that'll help us make a plan?"

Kanda told him everything.

~~

Tyki.

All of the Noah gathered in the drawing room at Cross' request. Tyki, Lavi, Kanda, Road, Sheryl, and Cross himself. They've never gathered like this before, and the tension between the two factions was palpable.

Cross had done some work in laying down the law to Road and Sheryl. Road, for her part, after making her initial plea to the changed Cross, has been quietly dutiful and had the air of someone that had exactly what she wanted. Despite this, and because of her heavy-handidness up until now, Cross warned her not to take any more liberties in the future.

Sheryl has been more difficult - in large part because its physically hard for him to keep his possessive and sadistic tendencies in check.

Tyki found out later that when Lavi was deposited in his cell, Cross putting him on his feet and Sheryl steadying him, that Sheryl had let his hand linger a little too long and a little too greedily across Lavi's stomach. Like something he wanted to lay claim on. Lavi had cringed. Sheryl was always controlling of Tyki - his time, his things, his enjoyments. It was better when it was childhood toys.

Once Lavi had steadied, Cross slammed Sheryl forcefully against the wall and told him in no uncertain terms that nothing like that would happen again. And, when Tyki did find out, he extracted the same promise from Sheryl again so that he could hear it for himself.

As it stood now in the drawing room, the two factions feigned politeness.

Cross began, "Thank you all for coming. I've gathered you to let you know that I have a plan to see our goals through." This didn't entirely surprise Tyki. Cross has been working diligently on something that he wasn't sharing with him.

"And our first goal as a family," Cross went on, "is to get the Ark back. Either of them. Destroying the other would be nice as well, but that's secondary." Road looked pleased.

"How?" Kanda asked warily, and with a touch of the anger he's been struggling to control.

"That depends on what Allen says the Exorcists' plan is," Cross replied. Kanda and Lavi showed some surprise.

"I heard you talking to Allen last night," Cross clarified to Kanda. "You can sense other Noah, and Akuma yes, but not me - if I don't want to be noticed." Kanda clenched his teeth.

"So," Cross went on, "if they want to take you onto the Ark, then you'll hijack it. And, if they want you to stay put and wait for them, then bring them to me when they come. Allen, most of all, since he can give me the Ark himself. Or Mightra, of course, but he tends to stay behind the scenes."

"Kanda, Lavi, Tyki. Will you do this for me?" he asked, subtle compulsion in his voice. Tyki felt it ripple through him like a barbed caress. And yet, the three of them neither agreed to nor refused the command.

"And as a result, we will be closer to completing our family," Cross finished.

The compulsion to obey him intensified. And Tyki was starting to lose his sense of why he disagreed. "I will do it," Tyki said.

Cross beamed a winning smile at him that had Tyki smiling back. Then Lavi agreed. Then Kanda.

And when Cross asked both Tyki and Lavi to bed that night, they agreed easily.

Chapter 14: Accommodator

Summary:

Here comes the action!

Chapter Text

Allen.

Mercym stood before Allen, a willing participant in this test. Glad at the chance to become fully human. To be Exorcised. And free to live his life.

Leenalee stood next to Bak Chang, both looking on and leaning against the wall. Bak has a great intuition about the nature of Innocence, and they talked at length about how Allen should approach this, before finally giving it a try.

And, Allen spent a long time in meditation. Ever since they decided on the plan yesterday. And he thought that maybe he got it. That he could do it. He cleansed that Skull, but has not tried it on a Noah since long ago, with Tyki - and that had backfired.

After the war, Allen had asked Tyki if he wanted him to try again. Tyki declined, worried that his dark memories would overcome him without the small buffer of indifference that being a little bit Noah gave him. Also, he joked, it made him good at being a rich asshole.

Allen concentrated, and pulled his sword. "Ready?" he asked.

"Yes."

Allen plunged the sword straight through Mercym with an unflinching will to heal him. Save him. Mercym yelled but Allen didn't pull away. He tuned it where it felt wrong. There was a man in there to be sure, overcome by the Noah presence. He concentrated on the man.

Mercym slumped down onto the couch behind him, and Allen pulled back - withdrew. Both Allen and Leenalee looked on. And waited.

And when the man came to - they celebrated their success.

It worked. And it could work on their friends. Had to work on them. Allen wouldn't accept anything less.

Their work wasn't done though. With Bak's help, both Allen and Leenalee had other things to learn. And quickly.

~~

Leenalee.

All of the preparations have been made, and the gathered party of Exorcists, Finders, and scientists gathered in the lounge, full of nervous energy.

Leenalee, Allen, and Bak stayed the longest, talking about their breakthroughs excitedly. Bak was - not what Leenalee thought. She actually didn't know what to think of him until now - he was always so nervous around her. But not now. Not since they worked on this together.

When she told Allen that Bak was competent, and good natured, and level headed even through his sometimes-shyness, Allen said, "Well yea. Its about he stopped acting like an idiot around you." And then "You know he has a crush on you, right?"

She did. But, for the first time, that didn't feel like a bad thing. "I'm glad he's being himself," she replied.

He smiled knowingly. "I actually gave him that advice yesterday. To just be himself."

"You're so meddlesome," she teased, but she couldn't be mad at him.

"You'll thank me," he promised.

So now, in the lounge, Bak was continuing to be himself and it was great. He was great. And when Komui gave Bak a dirty look when Viral wasn't watching, Bak didn't care. She liked that, too.

Allen went off to bed, with a wink at Leenalee behind Bak's back. And Leenalee and Bak continued talking.

When her old boyfriend came up, he said he liked strong women - his mother had been the head of their clan. Leenalee smiled, and they both ignored the hives that sprung up on his face.

But, then it lead to the heavier subject of his clan's part in the Second Exorcist project. How he hoped that helping Kanda now would make up for it in some small way. As they talked, his complexion went back to normal.

It was then that she leaned in slow, and kissed him.

~~

Allen.

When Allen and Leenalee went through the Gate, they were already there - Kanda, Lavi, and Tyki. Looking human, as Noah can do if they wish. Allen was so relieved, but of course he knew he couldn't relax. They came - that was the first step. There were many more for them to take before this was over.

And it would be over, Allen would make sure of it. He'd get them all back. And stop Road for good, with any luck.

Allen walked to Kanda and hugged him. Kanda hugged him back.

"We're so glad you're all alright," Leenalee told the Noah.

Allen pulled away, and said, "We'd Exorcise you here and now, but I image you need to get away from Cross' influence and onto the Ark as soon as possible."

"Yea, he could realize we're gone and call us back at any time," Tyki confirmed.

"We've prepared for that on the Ark. We'll have to confine you when we get there," Allen warned.

The Noah agreed, and they all went through the Gate and onto the Ark.

This really was the best plan. Cross had too many advantages from their mansion, so they couldn't infiltrate it. This way, the Noah were separated. Allen wanted to think the best of the three with him, but he knew it would be foolish to trust their Noah comrades, and so they're leaving nothing to chance.

Allen was warmed by everyone on the Ark's agreement to take them in. Putting themselves at risk so that they could save the Noah.

Many of them were there on the other side of the Gate to greet them. Tiedoll, Noise, Miranda, Timothy, Krory, Bak, and Komui. Viral was in the lab with Reever and Johnnie.

Link was in the tower, out of sight for now. Allen didn't know how Kanda would react to him. Allen remembered how Link survived Kanda's attack on HQ. He was badly hurt, and demanding to be allowed onto the Ark as well.

After a lot of arguing, Allen allowed it. Link was healed up now, and ready to do his part.

The Exorcists welcomed the Noah, and the Noah were visibly relieved.

Just then, solid plastic cells came out of the ground, and surrounded the three Noah. Kanda yelled his annoyance. It sounded muffled through the plastic.

"I'm sorry, I told you you would have to be confined for a short time," Allen said, loud enough for the three to hear him. The Exorcists were confident they could hold Kanda and Lavi. Tyki was a different matter. Nothing could hold him if he didn't want it to. They would Exorcise him first.

"Tyki," Komui said resonantly. "Will you come out and be the first?"

Forcing Tyki's hand could bite them all in the ass here. Tyki wanted things as they used to be, Allen knew, and he hasn't indicated that he wanted to be fully human. For him to be as he used to - that couldn't be done unless Cross was changed, diminishing his Noah power once again. It was risky to trust Tyki until then.

Tyki stepped out and considered Komui and Allen, defiance in his expression.

A vast amount of lighting crackled through Kanda's cell as he raged. The cell contained it. Lavi made no sound inside of his own cell.

"That's not what we discussed," Tyki said.

"No. But, it's the only way to make this work," Komui insisted.

"I was a Noah on the Ark for months the last time."

"It was just the four of us and a few finders then," Allen said. "We were pretty desperate. And, your self-interests are much more complicated this time around."

"What I want is for all of this to end peacefully," Tyki replied. Then he seemed to be gathering his thoughts.

All of a sudden, Tyki was in motion. He ran for Lavi's cell and passed inside it. A hard thump came from Kanda's cell. Then another.

A moment later, the two ran out of Lavi's cell, hand in hand, to Kanda's cell. The three Noah murmured quietly while the Exorcists surrounded the cell. The Noah ran out, now gray-skinned, Tyki holding Kanda's arm now as well.

Kanda struck first, running for Allen and fighting open handed - armor making his whole body a weapon. Allen used his sword. He had no choice but to fight back.

"Stop being pissed off. We're trying to help!" Allen yelled. Then realized, "No, its all three of you. You planned this."

"We need you to open a Gate."

"To where?"

"To Cross."

"You want us to join you."

"Yes. Its the only way we can be together."

"That's not true." Allen pushed hard with his sword, making Kanda fall back.

~~

Leenalee.

Lavi and Tyki said something low to each other, and Lavi took off at a run. Leenalee followed as Tiedoll, Krory, and Timothy took Tyki on.

Lavi's face looked determined, like they had a plan. That wasn't good. She followed him down a long side street. They didn't use it much, but there was a Gate at the end of it. When he saw the Gate he ran faster. Shit. He meant to open it. To what, she didn't know.

She called for backup, and with a burst of speed from her boots she passed him. Turning, and barring his way, she said, "What are you doing, Lavi?"

He stopped. "I need to open the Gate."

"Why?"

Lavi straightened up. "To let the others through. They're waiting on the other side. I know the whole Gate network, and there happened to be one near us. One of the ones we don't leave on all the time."

"I won't let you."

"I don't want to fight you, Leenalee. But I'll get passed you. I have to. Its what Cross wants."

"And what do you want?"

"To be with Tyki, and Cross, and Kanda - and you, and Allen."

"I want that, too. But not as a Noah, Lavi."

"Hey, maybe you'll be the other Bonds. I think that would be nice. We're already so close. I know you won't like me that way when I'm already with Tyki, but we're already best friends. It'll make us even closer. You have no idea how close to them I feel right now."

"You can feel that way as yourself!" Leenalee yelled as she reached for the side of her boot. As quick as she could, she grasped the hilt of the dagger sheathed there and threw it into Lavi's chest.

It hit home, right in the heart. She heard a solid thump. Lavi looked back at her in total shock, then fell to his knees.

Leenalee ran over to him and skidded to her knees in front of him. Lavi had his hand on the hilt now. Before he could pull it out, she placed her hand on the hilt as well, a gentle expression on her face.

"What have you done?" Lavi asked.

"An Exorcism," she replied.

"I feel strange."

"Let it do its work," she urged.

Lavi looked like he might fight it. Fight her to remove it. He tightened his grip on the hilt and tensed his body. But then he stopped and just looked at her, and then closed his eye with a peaceful expression.

Leenalee poured the power of her Innocence into it. She didn't need to be touching it, but it felt like it helped.

Lavi slumped against her. "Hey," he said, "Take care of Tyki."

"He'll be alright," she promised.

Lavi passed out. She laid him on his back and stood sentry in front of the Gate.

She could see Bak running toward her down the long street. "It's ok. It's over," she called to him.

Bak looked at her, then Lavi on the ground as he ran closer. "It worked then?" he asked as he got to her.

"Yes," she replied. Relieved, and thankful that he and Allen helped her learn how to do it.

"I'm glad," he said. "Should we go back to the others?"

She explained why she had to guard the Gate.
"I'll help you."

~~

Komui.

Tyki was making his way to Viral's control station. Komui ran through the hidden door to the lab, and locked the door behind him - not that locks made much difference where Tyki was concerned.

"Are you able to slow him down?" Komui asked.

"Yes," Viral replied, eyes on his terminal, typing away commands. Viral was fast. He was obviously using the agent to use his full Noah potential. "But I have nothing that will really stop him. The defenses weren't made against other Noah. Do you have any ideas?"

Reever and Johnnie listened on as they worked on their own terminals.

"Not even the cells we made work against him," Komui said. "All that leaves is incapacitating him. Knock him out until we can sedate him. Let me think."

They got a report that Tyki was closing in on the tower. The Exorcists made it a slow journey for him, plus the obstacles that Viral and the others put in his way. A defensive wall. Electrified doors. Floors rigged to explode.

Komui had Finders taking pot shots from the tower windows. And he knew Link would join the fight if Tyki made it inside the tower.

Viral confirmed to him that Tyki knew exactly where the room was, back from when they worked for the Earl. Whether he might have head about it more recently from the Exorcists is irrelevant.

*

Mightra. Three years ago.

"Hey," Tyki said, casually, leaning on the threshold to the lab.

"Yes, what is it," Mightra said distractedly, not looking at him.

Tyki laughed a little, and sauntered into the room. "You seem like you can use a break."

Mightra paused, ready to dispute that, but no. Now that he's stopped, he felt how tired he was. How he had a headache he's been pushing through. "Maybe," he admitted, rubbing his temples.

"I could help you relax," Tyki offered suggestively. Stopping behind him and massaging his scalp.

"That is - tempting." That felt so good. When was the last time? He couldn't remember. Tyki's hands moved to massaging his shoulders. "Yes."

Tyki hummed his pleasure. Grazed Mightra's shoulders with his fingers as he walked to the small sofa agaist the wall. Mightra followed and sat next to him. Looked at him. He was so handsome, and his expression so inviting. Mightra cupped the back of his head, through the soft curls of his long hair, and kissed him.

He really has been neglecting himself. And now he was on fire. They kissed a long time, filling each other up.

Tyki told him how hot he was, sucked his throat, palmed his hardened length, making Mightra moan needily and offer his own compliments.

Tyki smiled and got down on his knees in front of him.

*

Komui kept racking his brain. Then he realized. Mighty Komudovich - MK! He hasn't even enabled him yet. He got to his terminal and started him up.

Tyki avoided MK easily, to Komui's frustration. The automation wasn't so intuitive as to go against someone like him. He was too agile, and could move through solid objects. He would have to control MK manually.

That did a little better, but not enough. Komui concentrated harder, made him move faster. Wrangled him away from the tower for a while.

"Knock it off," Tyki said, pulled off its arm and hit MK with it. Tyki continued back on course. Stepped into the tower and a new barrage of traps. Link engaged him, but was clearly overmatched.

Komui had MK pick himself up off the ground and get to Tyki again. Tyki was in the lounge. Just thirty feet from the door of the lab.

No. No. No! They were not going to take over this Ark!

Viral cursed.

Suddenly, a bright orb shot into his terminal. The entire terminal glowed with that radiant light. A light he was very familiar with, but has never actually felt before.

It was Innocence. And Komui felt like he was part of the terminal. Part of MK. MK glowed with the same light for a moment, and it followed his every command perfectly.

Viral, Reever, and Johnnie stopped what they were doing to watch in awe. It was Johnnie that put it to words first. "Komui - you're an Accommodator!!"

Tyki seemed to slow down. But no, MK was faster. Komui's thoughts were faster. His brain seemed to stutter a moment.

"Komui?" Viral asked, concerned.

"Don't overdo it, it's unrefined," Reever warned.

"Incredible! You're fighting him off! Innocence can't pass through him," Viral said. "But yes, Reever is right, don't give yourself a seizure."

"I won't let him through!" Komui yelled, and told Link to fall back.

MK's hits were landing, but Tyki still used the solidity of walls to his advantage, passing through, and winding up midair outside the tower.

Tyki passed through to the lab from an outside wall. "What the hell, Komui?" Tyki said.

"Johnnie, open the door!" Komui commanded. He did, and MK joined them in the lab.

"He's an Accommodator!" Reever explained to Tyki.

"Stand down, Tyki," Viral urged. Tyki's pissed off expression turned feral.

Tyki and MK clashed, the scientists getting out of the way. MK landed a precise hit to the back of Tyki's neck, and the Noah fell the ground.

Everyone let out a sigh of relief.

But Komui's mind wouldn't slow. His whole body jerked uncontrollably. Over and over. He could feel Viral checking his vitals, and then a shot in his arm.

When he could see again, he saw that Viral's face was close to his, worry dominating his expression. Viral's hand grasped his arm. "Are you alright, Komui?" Viral asked.

"Yes, thank you," Komui said shakily. "How's Tyki?"

"I'm about to check him. He should be ok."

Johnnie locked the door again, and Reever was checking out Komui's terminal, the side panel popped off. "The Innocence is bound to the computer, I think," Reever said. "And it transmits to other electronics, like MK. We'll have to refine it to something portable."

Komui laughed giddily. He was an Exorcist now. It's been a secret dream of his all this time. Viral looked worried again, like he thought he was having a stroke. "I'm ok - just, happy," Komui explained.

Viral smiled at him, understanding in his eyes.

Komui kissed him. The others pretended not to notice.

~~

Allen.

"Stop fighting me!" Allen yelled, rebuffing another barrage of attacks from Kanda.

"Take me to the piano room," Kanda replied.

"I can't do that. You know I can't."

Kanda spasmed unexpectedly.

"So that we can be alone," Kanda said, voice lowering an octave.

Allen's face reddened at the sudden turn in conversation. And, something was off about it. "Let's talk, don't fight me anymore," Allen replied.

"But, first I want you to spank me," Kanda said, even more out of character. "I've been such a naught boy." Kanda half turned to accentuate his butt.

Allen's throat went dry. This... What was going on? "Timothy!" he yelled at him, as he realized. Kanda laughed heartily, turning back around. "He's going to kill you for that! No wait - I'm going to kill you for that!"

"C'mon," he replied, placatingly. "I'm helping."

Allen let out a breath, collecting his thoughts. "Alright. Keep him there. I'll Exorcise him." Allen walked forward.

"Should I be in here for something like that? I'm a foreign entity after all."

"I don't see why not. You're not a dark entity. But to be safe, leave him as soon I get started."

"Alright," Timothy agreed, expression more serious.

"Can you get him to stop armoring himself?" Timothy did.

He really was being a big help. "Thanks, Timothy. It really is impressive that you're holding onto a Noah." Allen stopped before him, and collected himself with is eyes closed for a moment. He wanted to do this right. He wanted his Kanda back.

His moment was interrupted by a scream of rage. Allen snapped his eyes open to see Kanda, lighting crackling around him. Kanda looked around menacingly and found Timothy peeping around the corner of a building. Timothy startled at being seen. Kanda sent a shock of lighting straight at him without a thought, demolishing the corner of the building.

"Timothy!" Allen yelled, and ran for Timothy at the same time Kanda did. Kanda was closer and got there first. Timothy was alive but badly hurt. Kanda got him to his feet roughly and put an arm around him - the other hand was aimed at his face. He looked challengingly at Allen.

"Take me to the piano room," Kanda said with finality. "Or he dies."

Would he really do it? Allen had to assume he would. Plus, if they were separated from the others he couldn't hurt anyone else - only Allen. And Allen would never give in to his demand to open the Gate.

"Alright," Allen relented.

~

Allen faced Kanda in the plain white room. "What now?"

"Show me Lavi and Tyki."

Allen turned to his left and a video of Lavi, knocked out on the ground was before them. Leenalee and Bak stood guard in front of a Gate. So she succeeded in Exorcising Lavi. Allen was so relieved.

Kanda grumbled. Allen knew he would be even madder if he knew Leenalee had Exorcised him.

Next, a video of Tyki, out cold on the floor of Viral's lab. Komui and Viral were putting a tube in his arm. Allen smiled.

"Shit. Ok, now open the Gate Leenalee's in front of."

Allen thought. He would never let Kanda make him open it. But, maybe he should. The current crisis is almost over, though Kanda doesn't realize it. And they could handle the second wave.

Total victory.

"I'll tell Leenalee to clear the area first," Allen said.

"Ok."

"Hey, Leenalee?"

"Allen."

"So, I'm gunna open the Gate your standing in front of. You're gunna want to go back to the rest of the Exorcists now."

"What? No. The other Noah are on the other side. That's what Lavi said."

"I know. But, it will be alright. Kanda's with me now in the piano room."

"Is he still a Noah?"

"Yes."

He could tell she understood he couldn't talk freely. And that, given everything, Allen thinks this is the way to go. That if Allen was truly being forced into opening the Gate, he would have said it differently. Something like, "I have no choice," or work in their code word for, "things are terrible and I'm not allowed to say so." Instead he said, "It will be alright."

Bak picked up Lavi and they ran toward the regrouping Exorcists.

Allen looked to Kanda, who nodded for him to get to it. He walked to the piano and played a single note.

The Gate opened.

"Thank you," Kanda said, putting a hand on each of Allen's shoulders.

Allen spun and looked up at Kanda. He looked into his golden eyes - what he saw there so familiar, yet so different. Allen wrapped his arms around Kanda's neck, and Kanda circled his waist in his arms.

"Will you at least let me try to fight them off, with the rest of the Exorcists?" Allen asked low.

"Or, we can both stay here - take each other off the board."

Allen's lip twitched and kissed Kanda. That same familiar love and unfamiliar distance permeated the kiss. Well, not for much longer now. Kanda deepened the kiss and Allen molded himself to him. Then he grasped his hand and pulled a dagger. An Exorcising dagger. One that Kanda has never seen before and could not expect.

Allen traced a finger from the back of his neck, and down to his stomach as he held the dagger. Then he it plunged under Kanda's ribs, and straight into his heart.

Kanda gasped harshly, and was frozen for a moment. "Have you killed me?" he croaked out.

Allen's heart lurched. "No, Love. I've saved you. You're being Exorcised."

Kanda struggled to pull away, but Allen wouldn't let him. His weapon arm had no hand at the moment to help his grasp, but it was very strong. His other arm held the dagger fast.

"Kiss me," Allen said. Kanda continued to struggle. And then, he stopped. And looked at Allen. Really looked at him. And kissed him. With love, and gratitude, and longing finally fulfilled.

The video feed of the Gate, which Allen did not see, showed Cross standing in the Ark, getting his bearings. Road, Sheryl, and the Skull named Yin behind him.

Chapter 15: Exorcism

Chapter Text

Allen.

Kanda fainted, and Allen let him down to the ground. When he turned to the screen, he saw Cross and his retinue.

Allen opened a new screen, to the rest of the Exorcists gathered at the Ark center. Timothy looked fine, thanks to Miranda's ability. Then there were Krory and Tiedoll, who looked alright.

He opened a fourth screen on Miranda and Noise, who were in a random room on the Ark. Miranda staying out of sight while everything was going on so not to be targeted for her Time Record, and Noise protecting her. They would want to get home safely to their baby as soon as possible, no doubt. Allen already had the screen open on the lab.

Leenalee and Bak joined the group at the center - Bak now putting Lavi down on the ground.

"Everyone: Cross, Road, Sheryl, and a powerful Skull have arrived," Allen announced. Everyone tensed. "Kanda's with me, no longer a Noah. He's passed out though."

"Lavi, too," Leenalee announced.

"Tyki is subdued," Komui reported. Then said, "Everyone, you know what to do." They all agreed.

~~

Cross.

The first thing Cross did when he saw they weren't in immediate danger, was confirm that they'd entered the Ark where Lavi supposed the Gate was. It looked right. Midway out from the center, and in the eight o'clock position. It would take three turns to get to the tower. Cross was of course very familiar with the layout of the Ark.

Then he felt for his Noah who had made their boarding possible. He couldn't feel Lavi or Kanda. That was very troubling. He would be able to feel them even if they were knocked out. And he would simply know if they died. Were they returned to their human selves? They'd become very precious to him in a short time. Lavi, his new lover, especially so. He mourned the loss, and determined to correct it.

And Tyki was unconscious, he could tell, which also made things difficult. Tyki, who he loved, even before all this. It just took him some time to understand it.

So then, how did the Gate open? There were three ways in which it could be done. He knew the likeliest. "Hey, Allen!" Cross yelled out boisterously into the air.

"Cross," Allen acknowledged after a moment. He could hear him clearly in the way he could do through the Ark.

"Where are my Noah, pray tell?" Allen didn't answer. He was protecting them. Cross was starting to think that Allen had let him on willingly, and his silence didn't disprove that hypothesis. If so, he was overconfident.

The Gate behind then made a clicking sound, and they all turned around. It was locked.
Cross grinned wickedly. "You think you have us beat, do you?"

"Cross?" Road asked probingly. Cross explained to them what he discovered of their brothers, and what he surmised.

"I'll get Tyki, I see where he is," Road offered.

"Thank you, Dear," Cross replied. She opened a Door and stepped through.

It was time to demonstrate his advantages. "I may not be the Earl, Allen, but I have more than enough at my disposal to get what I want." Cross put out his hand and a dark miasma filled the streets.

"What is that?" Asked Allen, concerned.

It spread quickly, and Cross directed it to the center of the Ark, toward the tower, where he could feel the offensive presence of Innocence so strongly.

"Dark matter. Breathed in like that, its a poison to you all." He started walking forward, toward the Ark center.

"You would kill us after all?"

"It depends. I can't keep my hand extended to you forever. It won't kill right away, but it will slow you all down tremendously. It'll take longer to affect the crystal and parasitic types, I think."

Cross hoped it would save them the trouble of a fight, but he doubted it.

~~

Allen.

Allen looked to the Ark center. The dark miasma was spreading around the Exorcists there. They started choking and falling to the ground.

He panicked, until he reminded himself that he has complete command of the Ark, including the environment. He imagined gigantic sucking fans around them, to push the miasma away. It worked.

And Cross could see it as he approached the center, looking disappointed. The Exorcists stood again as the Time Record recovered them. They noticed Cross' group now.

Kanda sat up, and looked on at the scene. Allen couldn't help but smile wide at him at his recovery, despite the tenseness of the situation. Kanda smirked back a moment, before looking at the scene again. Then at Road in the lab. Komui and Viral were talking tensely with her. Tyki was still out.

Cross narrowed his eyes at their recovery, and then looked to be concentrating on something. Then he said, "Sheryl, go to number 149 and stop the Exorcists there."

"That's where Miranda is," Allen said. "I'll go."

"I'll go," Kanda corrected. "It needs to be you that confronts Cross after all, right?"

Allen had to agree, gearing up for it in his mind. "Right."

~~

Komui.

A team of scientists was repairing MK. They decided there wasn't time to mess with the computer terminal now. Viral helped them. He looked powerful and intimidating in his robe, even with the hood down. Komui was still recovering from the shock of all that happened - when Road came to them.

She scanned the room, and her eyes landed on Tyki on the ground. "What have you done to our Tyki?" she admonished.

No one answered. She walked toward Tyki, intent to revive him.

"No you don't, Road," Viral said, flipping his hood over his head.

"You plan to stop me?" she challenged.

"I will."

"You could join us instead, you know." She turned to Komui, and said, "And you, too. I mean, I doubt it, but I was told to make the offer." She read the answer in their expressions and shrugged.

Road materialized a volley of pointed candles. Viral heated the area around her, melting them. Komui could feel the heat, even at a distance away. She made for Tyki again, and Viral shoved her into the wall with a acoustic attack.

Road recovered, and cut the line running to Tyki's arm with a hastily made candle that she sent its way. The solution inside sprayed wildly at the break, and then trickled out onto the ground afterward.

~~

Lavi.

Lavi woke to blue sky above him, and Allen's strong, urging voice. Leenalee came into view above him.

"You're awake!" she said.

"Yea," he replied dumbly.

Then he heard Cross' booming voice. He stood and looked in his direction. And Lavi felt like two people at once. He remembered how he felt about Cross when he was a Noah, but now he also realized how their circumstances had smoothed away some of their differences. He did feel something for him, though. And it seemed like he'd caught a glimpse of the real man behind the bravado through it all.

"If you think you can take command of this Ark, you're wrong," Allen said to Cross.

"We'll see," Cross replied calmly.

Lavi remembered how Cross praised his good ideas when they planned together over the last few days. And how he'd confessed his admiration for the Bookman - ever since he'd helped win the war and saved Allen at the same time.

And he remembered how Cross went hard and rough with him last night, the way Tyki showed him, but with his own flair of simmering devotion over Tyki's brimming urgency. Lavi loved it. And he remembered how they talked softly in each others arms after.

Cross looked at Lavi, then. Lavi's pulse quickened. "Do you stand against me now?" he asked surprisingly gently given the situation.

"I'll stop you for your sake," Lavi replied in kind. "I don't suppose you can be persuaded?"

Cross gave him a secret smile as if to say, 'If by anyone, maybe by you.' "No."

Lavi calmly called on his Innocence, and was relieved when it responded. Crystal hammer in his hand.

Cross suddenly looked into the distance in concern.

"Allen, give me a Gate to you," Kanda said through the wireless. Leenalee must have given a comm to him. Allen did, without a word. A moment later, Kanda came through, dragging Sheryl behind him, and throwing him to the ground. Lavi smiled. So Kanda was himself, and they had Sheryl half-beaten already.

"Miranda?" Allen asked him.

"Safe."

Allen smiled at him.

Sheryl was in bad shape, full of cuts and bruises, but he got up and walked unsteadily backward to Cross. Kanda smiled at him nastily.

Lavi noticed movement in the sky and looked up. Tyki was coming toward them in a b-line from the tower, hugging Road to him to carry her.

Tyki. So where did he stand in all this? The fact that he was helping Road wasn't a good sign, but he could be persuaded back to Lavi's side as long as Cross wasn't actively preventing him.

Tyki took everything in when they were still a distance away. Road seemed pleased to be carried by him. When Tyki spotted Lavi, then Cross, then Kanda, he landed and put Road down. "Lavi!" he called.

Lavi's heart tugged. "Tyki!" Tyki started walking over.

"Stop, Noah," Kanda said.

Tyki looked at Kanda profoundly affronted. "You were a Noah, too, thirty minutes ago," he complained.

"And I was an asshole that couldn't be trusted thirty minutes ago."

"As opposed to right now?" Tyki groused.

"Tyki," Lavi said, and it pulled Tyki's eyes to him. Lavi could see, once the anger passed, how Tyki still wanted the same things - to be on their side. Lavi's side. But how long would that last, with Cross right there to sway him? It was time to fight. To distract, so that things would go the right way.

"Komui?" Allen asked. There was silence. Allen sharpened his gaze at Tyki.

"They'll be ok," Tyki said. Allen opened a screen for all to see, and Komui, Viral, Link, and a handful of scientists were out cold. Komui's stupid robot was a pile of scrap that he could only recognize by the white, purple, and gold paint.

Lavi believed Tyki. He looked to Leenelee. "Time to fight." She nodded. They attacked Road together. Lavi as always, loved to see his fire swirl around her boots.

Allen and Kanda went for Cross. Tyki for Sheryl. The rest stood against Yin. Cross would be devastated if Yin died. Lavi would try to keep her alive, and he thought Tyki will do the same. Whenever Cross wasn't in Lavi and Tyki's company in their spare time, he was with Yin.

From what Cross and Yin told Lavi and Tyki, the two were of the same mind forty years ago. And she was in on his plans, but Cross had gotten away, and she had not.

~~

Tyki.

Tyki and Sheryl traded blows, the barely veiled animosity that they've shared finally coming free, showing the complete loathing they've been harboring all this time. Sheryl was weakened, but so was Tyki.

"You've traded sides again," Sheryl said.

"I've always been on the one side," Tyki replied.

"The side of love?" he mocked. "The side of empty pleasure. Of easy living. Of fucking your way through life." The two sneered angrily at each other. "Our mother's the same. You're just like her. Left us for some man, for 'love', instead of doing her duty."

This was a revelation to Tyki. "What?"

"You didn't know?! Well, you were gone at the time. Living your pointless, little, transient, life. She found someone else and left - the same as you did. You didn't come across the records while making my home your own?"

"What records?"

"Divorce papers. Her new address."

"You never told me! I've asked about her so many times, and you never answered me." Tyki punched him in the jaw, letting his fist connect but keeping the rest of him untouchable, infuriating Sheryl further.

"The last gift I'll give you. I'm done with you. You taint our master with your naive notions, and I must suffer you for it, but we are not brothers any longer."

"I've felt that way about you for a long time," Tyki assured him.

"You taint that boy as well. Not that I care about him. But you're an embarrassment, the way you carry on with him, and bring your dalliances to my house."

Tyki seethed. Sheryl looked right back at him, then to the side - and his anger grew. Tyki looked to, and Komui was running to Tiedoll's barrier, Viral covering him.

Komui's arm was in a sling, and when Sheryl forced him to stop and moved his arm out to the side he yelled out in pain. There was a snap, and the injured arm was broken. Komui screamed out again, and Viral sought out Sheryl and came their way fast.

Sheryl regarded him, and Tyki used the distraction to tackle Sheryl from behind to the ground. Once they were on the ground, Tyki was invulnerable, only let himself be solid at the point where he touched Sheryl as he forced his arms behind his back painfully. Sheryl clearly tried to force his arms away with his power, but he couldn't do it for such a small target as the surface of his palms. He struggled physically.

"I'm going to kill that bastard for locking me away!" he yelled to Tyki. "And I'll kill you, too, you fucking disgraceful slut!"

Tyki plunged his hand into Sheryl's chest, and squeezed his heart. Sheryl screamed. "That's not what our master wants," Tyki said coldly. "You controlling, manipulative, high and mighty, sadistic, asshole. You think you rule here? You think you have any say over what I do?" He squeezed harder. Sheryl let out another cry.

Tyki noticed Viral near them, watching on. "I've got it," Tyki said darkly. Viral nodded, his hood bobbing slightly, and went off. Komui was in Tiedoll's barrier now, Tyki could see, his arm temporarily healed thanks to Miranda. A small army of flying robots seemingly at his command.

Tyki looked back to Sheryl and enjoyed his brother's pain. He squeezed a little harder on his hammering heart. His breath was fast. A manic euphoria overtaking him.

"Don't Tyki," Allen said firmly from nearby.

"You gunna stop me, boy?" he asked.

"I'm back to 'boy'? I'm Allen. I'm your friend. And I don't want you to do something you'll regret."

A twinge of love burst through his heart for Allen. But it wasn't enough to persuade him. This was a long time coming.

Then Cross was beside him. "Why are you killing my Noah?"

"He'll kill anyone he can here. He's not abiding your rules."

Cross saw the deep hatred in Tyki's expression - more than simple bloodlust. "You need this? Well, I never really picked him as my Noah. I needed his willingness and strength. Now?" he shrugged. "But, you don't want fratricide on your conscience." Tyki scoffed and Cross ignored it. "Besides, he's mine to correct."

"His heart's a mess," Tyki informed him. "There's no 'correction' to be made. Its just a matter of how fast he dies now." Tyki was considering whether to insist on finishing it himself.

Then Lavi was there, too. "I'll do it, then. It should be an Exorcist." Tyki looked at him. Lavi was about as serious as he's ever seen him. Tyki was suddenly touched by their love for him. He nodded, knowing if he spoke it would sound raw and unhinged, and stood up, hand and forearm soaked in blood.

Sheryl couldn't move. Was barely conscious but for his groans of pain. Lavi formed a large crystalline spear from his hammer - and it pierced forcefully through Sheryl's heart.

Tyki looked at Sheryl, then as his two loves, each a distance apart. They formed a triangle around Sheryl. Wariness seeped back in, as they remembered the larger fight.

"Tyki, to me," Cross commanded. And Tyki obeyed. Lavi looked pained at that, but peeled off to fight somewhere else, unwilling to fight them. Tyki was glad for that.

Tiedoll and Krory were coming up on them though, and took up the challenge. Weren't they fighting Yin before? Tyki could see now that one of those plastic cells was in place. She must have been caught.

"Yin," Tyki said to Cross.

"I know. Watch my back. You're the only one left I can trust."

They fought for long minutes, until Tyki saw Lavi crash hard to the ground, and not get up again.

"Lavi!"

"Go," Cross allowed. Confident in his fight with Tiedoll - Krory already out of the fight. Leenalee was in front of Lavi, covering him from Road.

Tyki ran to Lavi and shook him. Called his name.

"Tyki," he replied, barely awake. "Listen, when you see Allen coming, hold Cross still. Just that one thing will end this entire fight. Then it will be over, and we can start to heal from all this."

Tyki exclaimed his confusion.

"I know that you don't -," Lavi started, and passed out before he could explain further. Hold Cross still? For an Exorcism? And everything else will end? Tyki could half-understand it. Almost see it, but it didn't seem like a certainty to him.

It didn't matter, because Lavi did. And Lavi sees to much. He believed him. He ran back to Cross' side, and this time, Allen and Kanda were on them.

Tyki fought them off, not knowing what he was looking for, fighting the deep weariness that meant his abilities were almost tapped out. Cross called a spell while Tyki covered him, and dark mist filled the streets. Then Allen came at them from the side, partially obscured, sword drawn. The mist hurt Allen but he kept going.

And Tyki set into motion. He turned to Cross' back and put him a strong hold, and faced them both Allen.

It took two seconds, and in that time, Tyki thought of how this would change Tyki, too. He knew it in the back of his mind since Lavi told him to do it (and maybe that was what Lavi was going to bring up before he passed out). He nearly panicked. Instead, he held firm as Cross struggled.

He could see the surprise in Allen's face that Tyki made it so easy for him. The sword pierced through Cross, and Tyki, to the hilt. And all was still.

The Noah in him railed against the cleansing Innocence, but Leenalee was behind him, keeping him in place. Kanda joined Allen, took hold of the hilt as well, and Tyki could feel how Kanda's Innocence responded and added to the strength of it. Cross screamed, and it wasn't pleasant for Tyki either.

When Allen and Kanda finally withdrew the sword, Cross fell back into Tyki. Tyki was feeling faint himself and Leenalee let them both down to the ground, softening the fall some. Tyki lay on his back, Cross' head on his chest. There was no fighting the darkness that was pulling him in, and he let it take him.

~~

Allen.

Once Allen cleared the streets of the miasma, he looked carefully at Cross and Tyki. It worked. He was so glad.

Road came over at a run, and said, "No! No!"

"It's over Road," Allen said, looking at her.

Her distressed expression turned into a sneer. "It will never be over," she said. Road put her hand in her pocket, and popped something into her mouth defiantly.

"What's that?" Kanda asked.

She didn't answer. She put her hand in the air and a small number of candles appeared above her.

Then, she gasped, and fell to her hands and knees. The candles fell to the ground all around her.

"The pill," she said. "What did you do?" she accused.

Viral walked toward her. "Its poisoned," he said.

She laughed like he said something idiotic.
"Not a normal poison. One I made especially for you. Inspired by a chemical that creates dreamless sleep. You will not just die here, but everywhere."

She fell flat to her stomach, arms weakening, face worried now. She crawled the short distance toward Tyki, who was still out. She reached for his hand, then pulled it away, clearly angry with him, then reached again. She took his hand in hers as her breath became labored, true fear in here eyes for the first time. "You gave me that pill," she said to Tyki. Her hold on his hand loosening a little.

Allen sat to the side of her, and offered his own hand to her. It was over. And everyone deserves comfort in their last moments. She took it, and looked at him.

"You are so very kind, Allen Walker. If everyone was like you, there would be no need for Noah."

"Everyone can be kind," Allen replied. "You just stopped looking for it in us."

"I wanted to do the right thing. Make the world better."

"I know...Would you like me to give you last rights?"

She looked like she wanted to scoff, but instead she nodded yes. So he did.

When she was gone, and Allen let go, Kanda sat next to Allen and hugged him hard. He let his heavy heart give way to relief that it was over. Felt the soothing warmth of Kanda's neck against his cheek.

~~

Komui.

That night, Komui and Viral were in Komui's little house on the Ark. Komui was discharged, his broken arm in a cast and sling, a few hours ago. He's been making sure the aftermath of the battle ran smoothly ever since. The medical attention, the clean up (helped greatly by Allen's ability to change the Ark), food to be prepared and brought to everyone. The infirmary was overflowing, but everything was in hand now.

Viral had pulled him away, hold him he needed to rest. So now they sat, exhausted. Viral sitting on the desk against the wall, and Komui at the table with some tea. They let the quiet wash over them for a while, glad to have it after all the frenzied activity.

Then, Viral said, "You were amazing today, in so many ways, Komui."

"So were you." Komui's never seen him fight in person before. The technology at his command was astounding. Acoustics, heat, cold, electromagnetism. He had so many questions about how it worked. But, that could wait.

Viral smiled at him. His full, open smile. Something he couldn't do when he was a full Noah. Komui soaked it in.

"You're the last Noah in this world. Do you...think you'll go through with an Exorcism?"

Viral thought," and said, "I saw how happy Tyki was after the battle. The way he hugged Lavi, and smiled wide when Cross put an arm around his shoulders." Viral smiled himself. "But, I also saw how he panicked once everything was quiet. A soul-deep panic. Kanda had it in his eyes too, and Cross. It's a lot to bear."

Komui's heart twinged for them all. It hadn't escaped his notice how the former Noah had been mentally, and emotionally. He would make sure they talked to the therapist once everything was settled. But for now, Komui was comfortable leaving them alone once they'd gathered together. Started to lean on each other instinctually.

"You don't have to decide now," Komui said. "I was just curious. I want to - stay with you, no matter which you choose."

Viral looked at him brightly. "I want that, too. Will you work for me? I'll give you your own lab."

Komui laughed, delighted, even if a little unsure. "I could work on whatever I want?"

"Of course, but I have final say. Money talks," Viral teased. "And you can help me on the things that have been giving me trouble. We'll start with a tour of my facilities in London."

Things were really over, now, for the Order. Just a few things to settle first, and then the world was open to him. Komui beamed. "I don't come cheap. The Order had a deep discount."

"Oh, I know," the Noah said, in appreciation, laced with affection.

Komui walked over to the desk, and Viral opened his legs to let him in close. They looked at each other, and Viral's eyes were dancing. Komui kissed him.

Viral moaned softly, making blood pool low in Komui's gut. Komui took off the Noah's shirt, one handed. Viral took off his, careful of his broken arm. Komui needed all of him. In celebration, and elation, and to calm his nerves. He opened Viral's trousers and pulled everything off of him. Viral hastily did the same. They exploring each other's bodies, kissing deeply, grasped each other's lengths.

Komui needed to be inside him. Maybe their all almost dying, and Komui's surprise at becoming an Exorcist himself, made him feel the need to affirm what was between them. To feel alive. Maybe it was the way they were starting to plan a life together.

"I need you," Komui said against his lips.

"I need you, too."

They went to bed. Komui kissed his neck while he lovingly massaged his rim, fingered him open. Viral was as affected as Komui was, legs spread wide, panting and whining his impatience. Komui stroked his dick after he'd added a second finger. So sensitive to his touch.

He lined up his length to Viral's opening. They looked at each other, and Komui saw the intelligent, passionate man he's fallen for adoring him right back.

"I love you," Komui told him softly.

"I love you, too." Komui's heart surged.

He pushed inside Viral's brilliant heat, that hugged around his arousal so tightly.

They moved together, each lost in pleasing the other. Viral's hands left trails of sensation over his body. The squeeze of his legs around him making him feel like he was floating and anchored at the same time. Komui has never felt like this before.

Chapter 16: Wedding Bells

Chapter Text

Allen.

Cross woke up from his bed in the infirmary. Allen shot up from his seat and walked over to him. Sat on the narrow bed.

"Cross, how are you?"

"Been better," he replied, seeming tired and unwell. Then he looked to remember all that happened and amended, "I'm lucky I'm not worse." He looked around and saw Finders in the other beds nearest him. Timothy was the only other Exorcist in the room. He was bandaged and sleeping off his injuries.

"Tyki and Lavi were discharged a while ago," Allen said. Cross looked relieved to hear it. "Yin is still in her cell. She's not too hurt. Me and Leenalee are too exhausted to null the dark matter in her yet." Allen knew from talking to Kanda that time on the wireless that she was important to him.

"I can help her," Cross said. "I've done it before. I never would have thought I would be the cause of it happening again, though." A profound distress passed through his expression before he could hide it.

"It's not your fault," Allen said. "Don't blame yourself."

Cross looked like he disagreed but didn't want to argue the point. "That reminds me," he said instead, "I've gathered a few groups of Akuma - I can show you to them."

"When you're well. You can tell us where in the meantime, and we'll see if anyone's up for it. I was thinking - we need to cure all the Skulls when we can, too. But we'll need you to find them."

Cross nodded, then said, "I had this whole plan. To attack any lands that got aggressive. I thought it was brilliant."

"I know, you wouldn't shut up about it during the fight."

"How deluded I was. How lost. How terrible that I brought so many others into it. That I persuaded Kanda to prove himself."

"Apologize to him later, but don't beat yourself up."

"Oh, there's no avoiding that."

Allen nodded his understanding that that wasn't so easy.

"My original point before I derailed myself - was to thank you. Thank you, Allen," Cross said with heart wrenching sincerity.

"There's no way I wouldn't do everything I could."

"I know. And that's what makes you the best man I'll ever know. I tried to give you a sense of self-preservation, at least. It might have worked a little, anyway. And, now that's Kanda's job, I suppose."

"You've done more than that," Allen said, meaningfully. He hugged him. "You showed me how to keep going. You still could have been nicer to me, though." Cross laughed. When he pulled away he asked, "So, what's with you and Lavi?"

Cross laughed fondly. "A good question. Something lasting, I hope. We weren't exactly our usual selves. I saw something in him though, after he was exorcised, that makes me hope." Allen is way passed being surprised by intrigue at his point. So, he was happy for them instead.

Just then, Tyki and Lavi walked into the room, and smiled when they saw them.

~~

Lavi.

Lavi sat cuddled up on his couch with Tyki. Lavi's legs were up, feet on the couch, as he leaned into Tyki's chest. He felt the warmth of his skin through his shirt, and the rise and fall of his chest as he breathed. Heard the steady beating of his heart.

Nervous, joyful, Tyki. Nothing could describe Tyki's giddy glee that it was over, and it made Lavi just as happy. And nothing could describe his desperate guilt for all that he's done as a Noah. He was coping before, but he doesn't have the crutch of being a little bit Noah anymore.

Knowing intellectually that he didn't have a choice didn't make him unsee his memories of torture and murder. Unfeel the sensations, or the sense of superiority.

Cross' affirmation that the best thing they could all do is live a life from now on that they felt was worthwhile helped Tyki and Kanda some. Tyki still had a panic attack when it was just him and Lavi though. They've been curled around each other ever since.

Tyki's erratic breathing was calm now. His heartbeat steady.

"I'm sorry. You didn't chose this," Lavi said, his own sense of guilt bleeding through.

Tyki looked at him, and his expression was open and raw and loving. "I did chose it, even if I only had a few seconds to react. I knew what it meant to hold onto him like that."

Lavi gave him a squeeze around his middle. "Then, thank you for ending it." He kissed his cheek and Tyki smiled at the contact. Lavi settled his head on Tyki's chest again and they fell back into silence for a while.

"I'll get used to it. It'll just take a while," Tyki said. "But its not all bad, you know." Tyki squeezed him. "I love you even more than before. So much that I don't know what to do with myself. My friends told me that I 'get it bad', but they've never even seen me like this."

Lavi looked into his dark brown eyes. "Its the same for me. I haven't let myself love you as much as I really do. I kept a bit of a distance. But, I'm not doing that anymore, and the strength of it is pretty scary. So, we're actually both falling really hard, at the same time."

Tyki leaned in, then paused, and said, "I can't help but worry what you think about me and Cross. I told you before that nothing would happen, but then it did. I really had no idea. Not how I felt about him. Not that he could like me, too."

"Don't worry about that, you sweet man. I - broke up with you. Knowing what could happen. I don't blame either of you for anything."

Tyki let out a sigh of relief. "How do you feel about him now?" he ventured.

"I don't exactly know, but I feel something. Maybe we can - play it by ear with him, if we all want to."

"Yes, let's play it by ear." After a few moments, he leaned closer still. "Now that that's settled, ready to fall hard together?" he asked, and twined their fingers together. His eyes were full of excitement.

"Yes," Lavi replied softly.

Tyki kissed him in a unreserved crashing of mouths. And they fell, together.

~

They were still snuggled close when there was a knock on the door.

"Come in," Lavi called, not wanting to get up.

Cross came in and gave them a gentle smile. "How are you?" Cross asked them, walking over.

"Better," Lavi answered.

Cross sat on Tyki's other side and rubbed his back. Tyki untangled from Lavi and hugged Cross, sinking into his chest. Cross wrapped his arms around him, and smoothed his hair. Lavi hugged Tyki, feeling warmed at seeing their affection. "You seem better," Cross confirmed.

Tyki looked up and kissed Cross gently. And there it was. Tyki played things by ear better than anyone Lavi knew. Genuine and daring and sweet. They kissed a few moments, until Tyki settled his head on Cross' chest.

They dozed like that. They were all exhausted. After half an hour, Tyki woke and announced he would get ready for bed. Asked Cross if he would stay.

"I'm staying with Yin tonight. I want to make things up to her, and leaving her alone tonight wouldn't help."

Tyki yawned, accepting the explanation and padded off to the bathroom. It left space between Lavi and Cross that Lavi filled after only a moment's hesitation. He scooted closer and leaned on Cross as Tyki had. Cross' arms were around him, stroking his back.

"How about you, are you alright?" Lavi asked.

"Well enough."

"We'll make it right. Take care of the gathered Akuma, and save the rest of the Skulls. So don't worry. And, you're brilliant, so we'll figure out the best way to do it."

"We'll be brilliant together," Cross amended. Lavi smiled.

"And, I can tell you're doubting yourself. But, you're not really the person you were when you were brimming with dark matter. You don't believe what you believed then. You may be a realist, realizing that the world may not be alright for a long time, but you're not - intentionally manipulative. That was the dark matter."

Lavi looked at him, and Cross kissed him. And Lavi knew that it was real, that spark between them. Not just the fevered imaginings of crazy Noah. They kissed until Tyki came back and commented with an, 'oo-la-la'.

~~

Allen.

He couldn't believe it would be happening tomorrow. They were getting married. Cross spent some time recuperating, and now he was well. And he was more than happy to make good on his promise.

Tonight was a night for friends. Allen and Kanda, having the same friends, stayed together for it.

Tyki, high on life, bought out an expensive private VIP room at the best restaurant in Edo for them. Japan has been rebuilding since the end of the War, its citizens coming home. Tyki had Kanda in mind when making the decision, as the place has a reputation for the best soba noddles in the world.

They filled their table with dumplings, noodles, savory meats, vegetables, and sushi - and an amazing amount of sake. Everyone they met was exceptionally friendly, and no one gave them a hard time about being loud.

Lavi, Cross, Yin, Leenalee, Bak, Timothy, Link, Krory, Miranda, and Noise rounded out the group. The rest stayed behind on the Ark.

Once they were a few bottles of sake in, Allen complained to Lavi about his kissing Kanda. Lavi laughingly asked for his forgiveness, saying he wasn't exactly in his right mind at the time. Tyki jokingly asked Allen if he wanted to make it even by kissing him and everyone laughed. Except Kanda - but he did smile a little.

Some sore points came up as well, and Allen thought it was for the best to clear the air. Timothy divulged to Kanda that he had hard feelings about Klaud, even though he knew Kanda's ending her suffering was the right thing to do. Kanda grew very solemn, and assured him he still thought it was the right thing. Timothy, having voiced it and heard Kanda's reply, seemed to find peace with it.

Timothy joked that he got his revenge when he made Kanda say embarrassing things during the fight. This was news to Kanda, and Allen whispered to Kanda what he's said, and that Timothy had Kanda ask him for a spanking for being a 'bad boy'.

Kanda got angry, but it dissipated quickly. Kanda said he had to right to be angry when Kanda had hurt Timothy the was he had. Attacked him with all the force of a Noah. Threatened to kill him. He said he would not have actually done it, for Allen's sake if nothing else, for whatever it was worth.

Deviously curious, Lavi and Leenalee asked what he'd whispered - over and over - until Allen told them. The whole table wound up hearing and everyone laughed. Except Kanda. Allen kissed his cheek in consolation.

Link and Kanda were doing alright at the celebration. The day before, Kanda apologized deeply to everyone on the Ark, and to Link personally, for all he'd done.

Link told Kanda that he did not hold him responsible for what happened at HQ, and he would make sure Kanda wouldn't be censured by Central.

Toward the end of the dinner, Timothy wound up kissing a girl from another VIP room. Everyone teased him good naturedly after.

Overall, the night was perfect, and everyone was perfectly themselves.

Afterward, the young couples went to Allen's house on the Ark. Allen and Kanda, Lavi and Tyki, and Leenalee and Bak. With Allen's best friends, and the one's that mattered to them. Come to think of it, Leenalee and Bak have been totally absorbed in each other the whole night. Allen was happy for them.

They fell to asking daring questions of each other, and drank and laughed.

"Lavi, what exactly did you and Tyki do to get that check from that guy at his party? You never filled in the details!"

"Leenalee, where does Bak stand in your list of people you dated?"

"Tyki, what were you up to when you were out all night after the break up?" - "Exactly what you would imagine!"

"Yuu-chan, do you know how much we love you?" - "If you loved me, you wouldn't call me that."

Eventually, Allen pulled Kanda into his bedroom and started his booty dance to make him laugh. The other couples paired off already, making out in different corners of the house. Kanda's been more relaxed and happy tonight than Allen's ever seen him in public. He wanted to keep it going now that they were alone.

Allen moved his hips enticingly, teasing down his pants ever so slightly.

Kanda pulled Allen to him within a minute of this, and kissed him hotly. Allen kissed him back, and realized they haven't had more than kisses since Kanda's return. Allen climbed on top of Kanda on the bed and Kanda grabbed his ass as they moved against each other.

There was a loud banging on the door. "No hanky-panky!" Lavi yelled. "You're getting married tomorrow!" Allen could hear Tyki's laughter, and Lavi's joined it.

Allen wanted all of Kanda, right then and there. "Ignore them," Allen said, and kissed him again. Kanda moaned.

"Do we have to get a bucket of cold water?" Tyki asked. They both laughed again.

Allen sighed. They weren't going to leave it alone.

"Tomorrow," Kanda promised roughly.

They went back to their friends a few minutes later, and bade them all goodnight.

"Cross and Yin might still be in the hot spring room," Tyki commented to Lavi on their way out.
"Have you seen the beach room?" Leenalee asked Bak.

Kanda kissed Allen one more time, looked at him with promise in his eyes, and left to his house.

~

Kanda, dressed breathtakingly in his black and gold kimono, closed the door behind them. They were alone. Allen, in his smart black suit, smiled. The day had been amazing, and the celebration was so much fun with their friends. Tiring, too.

Tyki gave them the rights to their business as a gift. They tried to refuse, but he wouldn't take it back. Said he didn't want to bother accounting for everything anymore anyway.

But all Allen could think about was Kanda. He reached out his hand, and guided Kanda to the couch.

They sat close together, legs tucked up. Kanda took his hand and looked at the gold ring on his finger. Allen entwined their fingers so that they could look at both rings side by side. Kanda squeezed, and when Allen looked up, Kanda kissed him gently and with promise.

They kissed and kissed, winding their arms around each other. When they eventually parted, they exchanged letters. They'd decided ahead of time it was better than speaking the words aloud. And this way it would be preserved - something they could each read any time they wanted. And, Allen suspected Kanda would be even more honest this way, writing in privacy while thinking of Allen - maybe taking breaks to get over his probable shyness. Allen, for his part, wrote his all in one go. He flushed now as he wondered what Kanda would think of it.

Allen opened the crisp paper. It read:

My Dearest Allen,

I hated your guts the first time that I met you. So optimistic and happy. 'What was there to be happy about in our world?' I thought. Especially when you would be dead soon. You were either kidding yourself, or too dumb to see your situation clearly.

But, you were none of those things. I was completely wrong on all accounts. You see the world clearly, and love it anyway. Fight for it every day. Give all of yourself, even though its so hard. And it was a harder journey than any of us could have imagined. I would have broken from the weight of it without you.

And now, we are free to enjoy this new world together. I cannot wait to begin.

Allen read on, three more pages, and was floored. It's like he's falling more and more in love with him on this day. Like when he smiled so openly among their friends today. He loved him more for that, too. And the way he looked at him when they danced, as if they were the only ones in the room.

Allen locked eyes with Kanda, who finished reading his letter. Expression open.

Allen's letter said:

Yuu - my love,

It was hard to imagine years ago ever being here. My life has always been about taking the next step, but I was never able to see too far ahead.

I can see it now. We've already started. We have a home, and a life, and precious friends, and each other.

I can see how we'll enjoy the good times, and weather the bad times, and work out the surprises together.

Like me, you've been hurt. And like me, you can love so deeply, so fiercely. It's the great joy in my life that you love me like that.

And on it went.

And Kanda leaned forward, and kissed Allen like he was precious. So precious. He deepened the kiss. His tongue sliding into his mouth, caressing his tongue. And Kanda's hands were on his face, in his hair.

Allen did the same. Feeling the cut of his jaw with his thumb, down the soft skin of his neck with his fingers, and into his thick black hair, letting it down with a whoosh. Allen smelled his shampoo as he cupped the back of his head.

Kanda sucked on his neck. Allen tilted his head up and moaned softly. Kanda lay him back onto the couch.

"So you liked your letter?" Allen asked.

Kanda laughed softly. "Yes."

"I liked mine, too."

Kanda opened Allen's shirt, one button at a time - kissing each inch of newly exposed skin as he went. When his shirt was open, he licked up the middle of his chest, up his neck, and to his mouth. He kissed him again, open mouthed.

Kanda seemed centered. Allen was proud of him. He's been struggling with everything that happened, and Allen's been helping him. And because he was centered, they could focus on just them.

Allen sat them up, and parted Kanda's kimono at the shoulders. When it reached the tipping point, it just fell away. Allen parted the second robe beneath, revealing Kanda's toned body. Spending time as a Noah certainly didn't diminish his hard muscled arms, chest and stomach.

The bold, jagged lines of his tattoo, which told of how Kanda's stressed his abilities too far in the past, stood out starkly on his skin.
Allen remembered full force how long it's been. How their kisses since Kanda came back have just fanned the flames. Allen ran his hands up Kanda's body, luxuriating in the feel of him. Kanda closed his eyes, lips parted. Allen sat in his lap and pushed him against the back of he couch. Slinking out of the arms of his kimono in the process.

When Allen leaned into him, making their bodies flush, Allen ached from the rightness of it. Like coming home. They belonged like this, always. Allen kissed him, holding his face. Kanda stroked his hands up Allen's back.

When Allen needed more, he got up and guided Kanda to the bed. Allen took off his own pants and underwear, looking at the desire revealed in Kanda's eyes as he did so. Kanda let the rest of his robe drop away. Took off his underwear. He was so beautiful.

Allen lay down and Kanda lay on top of him. They took the hair ties off each other's wrists. They didn't need them anymore.

Their hands were everywhere on each other as they kissed. Then Kanda wrapped his hand around Allen's cock and stroked him slowly. Allen reached a hand in the small gap between them and stroked him back. Kanda's breath stuttered.
It was a first time of sorts. The promise to always be together a thread between them that changed the way everything felt. Made it richer and unbreakable.

Kanda reached for the oil and massaged his hole. Allen wrapped a leg around his waist as their bodies slid together. Kanda breached him and moved a finger gently inside him, a little more each time. He did the same with a second finger - Allen feeling the delicious stretch that he associated with blissful abandon. Kanda crooked his fingers and Allen mewled, pushing against his fingers. Kanda's cheeks flushed at his reaction, and did it again.

He sucked his neck as he widened his fingers, added a third. "Yuu," he said with need in his voice. He withdrew his fingers, and lined himself up with Allen's opening. They both breathed harshly as they looked into each other's eyes. "Allen," he said.

He worked his way into him and held still. Kissed him messily as Allen adjusted to him. Then Allen moved to urge them on, and they started a slow rhythm together.

~

They stayed in bed after. Talking and laughing and just being together.

Kanda complimented Allen's booty dancing. Then Allen said it wasn't fair, that Kanda should do a dance, too. Kanda laughed, and thought, and said, "I don't think I can, but I can do this." And with that he stood up out of bed and padded, naked, to the center of the room. Allen was more that intrigued.

And then Kanda moved. Performed a slow moving kata - all flexibility and strength. Form perfect, movements fluid, his body gorgeous as his muscles rippled. Allen was transfixed in his lounging position as he watched.

Allen asked if he would do another. Kanda smiled wickedly and agreed. When it was done, Allen got up and joined him - suggested the two person kata that they perfected together long ago.

They moved as one, first smiling, then deep in concentration. They went faster and faster in a give and take of movement. When it ended, with Allen's arm outstretched over Kanda's shoulder, and Kanda's head aside in a dodge, Kanda took his wrist in his hand and pulled him close. Allen wrapped his arms around his neck. They were flush, and breathing hard, and still in sync even though the kata was over.

Kanda kissed him and they stumbled back into bed. Things were more playful this time, and when Allen got the opportunity, he smacked Kanda solidly on the ass. Kanda gasped - and groaned. And turned to look him straight in the eye. Allen's stomach flipped.

"Do it again," Kanda requested. Allen's stomach did another flip. He went behind him and smacked him again on other cheek. Kanda gasped again, and stood on his hands and knees. The redness of his ass quickly dissipated. Allen took the position, and the way his straining cock beaded with precum, as a silent request for more.

Feeling impish, he smacked him harder still. Kanda keened in pleasure, and his response drove Allen wild. Allen rubbed his hardened cock between Kanda's cheeks. Kanda spread his legs wider and Allen thought he might die of arousal.

"Looks like we found something new," Allen commented. "I'm not done finding all your secrets yet."

"I didn't know," Kanda admitted, pushing back against Allen's dick. They switched sometimes, that part was not new. And Allen ached for it now. He worked him open, smacking his ass every minute or so. He smeared Kanda's now copious precum over his head and stroked him as he fingered him. He teased around his prostate, only occasionally grazing more directly. Kanda was a beautiful moaning mess by the time he was ready.

Allen entered him slowly, enjoying every second. Making sure Kanda felt every inch of him.

He built him up, moving harder and faster as he went.

When they were at a fevered pace, Allen hit him in the ass three times, and Kanda came hard - screaming his orgasm, hitting the headboard with him cum from the force of it. The way Kanda screamed, and clenched himself around him made him cum right after, deep inside him.

'This is what it is to give yourself to someone else completely,' Allen thought to himself as they cuddled up together after. 'To share your desires and not be afraid that you'll judged for it.' Its not that he thought Kanda was holding this back from him. They stumbled on it by accident. But, maybe it was possible that Kanda wouldn't have asked for more before if they discovered it early on in their relationship. It feels like now is the beginning of a whole new level of intimacy.

"If you tell Timothy you smacked my ass, I'll kill him," Kanda threatened.

Allen laughed. "You'll kill him, not me?"

"That's right. Because you have to be around to do that again." Allen laughed louder.

~~

Lavi.

Lavi sat with Tyki and his friends at their favorite bar in France. Not too far from the mine or from their apartment.

Tricia was keeping up Kamelot mansion until Tyki decided what to do with it. He just knew he couldn't live there anymore - or pretend he wanted to make deals and investments. He just wanted to run his company - that was it. And that was wonderful, because it was so him. It was giving back and being fulfilled at the same time. And Lavi watched as they developed their labor-focused paradigm.

The hair-trigger that the world seemed to be on has thankfully eased somewhat. So, it would delay things for a while. Or, maybe things would really change course.

Cross stayed with Lavi and Tyki for a while at the mansion, but then he got the urge to move one once again. That itch would never leave him. They enjoyed their time together, and he promised to join them again. And they knew he meant it.

After Tyki gets his company going in earnest, and after they enjoy the Paris nightlife for a while, they'll visit Tyki's mother. He found her phone number and they talked for hours that first time. They meant so much to each other, and it was terrible how the rest of his family let them slip past each other. Never passed on mail or messages.

Then they'll go to Lavi's hometown together. The one he discovered in Bookman's records. Lavi still wasn't sure it would help him be further at peace to know about where he came from, but it might.

Tyki was amazing. The real Tyki that was underneath everything else. The one who loved so deeply. With no barriers left to their love, it grew fast, making up for lost time. It felt like they would never part again - not for long, anyway.

Leenalee was off with Bak in China. Komui was with Viral in London. Allen and Kanda were back home. They were all finding their place in the world.

"Tyki, our salary is too high!" Mark said.

"That's the point!" Tyki countered jovially. "Just try to earn it!"

~~

Allen.

Allen, on a day off while Yuu was working a security job for Viral, was harvesting some vegetables from the garden, when a rough-looking raven haired girl, maybe five, walked up to him and said, “Hey, I’ll help you if you give me some of those potatoes and carrots.”

Allen looked up surprised, took her in, tattered clothes and all, and smiled. “Sure”, he said. When they were done, he divided her share, which she argued rounded up to one extra pepper and received no argument.

Then he said casually, ”I’ll cook a nice soup of it with your share included if you want, I was going to do that anyway, so it’s no difference to me, or should you be getting home to your parents?”

The girl said, after careful consideration, arms folded, “Well, if it’s no difference, then thanks I guess.”

Allen gathered everything up again and started walking to the house, the girl following. When he started chopping, she washed her hands, took up a knife and did the same, glancing at his motions every so often as an example of how to do it.

Yuu came back home in the evening, just as the stew finished. Yuu raised a questioning eyebrow and Allen explained his arrangement with the girl. Kanda nodded, and placed his sword against the wall.

The girl made a loud exclamation of appreciation. "Why do you have that?"

"For cutting people," Yuu replied dryly.

"He's working a security job," Allen explained to her. She asked Yuu a ton of questions.

Then Allen asked, "Do you want to take your portion home? You're free to eat here, but I imagine your parents must want you home soon."

A look crossed her features, then she said, "I'll take it home. Yea, thanks." The look make Allen wonder if she had parents to go back to.

~

She came back every few days doing different household jobs in exchange for food or money. She stayed longer each time - and looked at Allen and Kanda fondly when she caught them at being affectionate.

Then one day, when she came she was obviously sick - coughing and looking tired. She had a fever when Allen checked. Not too bad, but in no condition to work. They offered a bath, good meal, and the spare bedroom. She was reluctant to give up the impression that she had parents to go home to, but Allen called her out on it gently this time.

"Do you really have somewhere else to be? We won't think less of you if you don't," he'd said.

She'd cried, and explained all that happened to her. Allen hugged her in comfort. Their dog, Dee, who had been on the bed with her, placed his head on her leg. Then she said that the closest she got to being happy was when she was here with him and Yuu.

While she slept, Allen looked at her closed bedroom door thoughtfully from the couch. Yuu sat beside him, and said, "You want her to stay."

Allen looked at him. "Yes," he admitted. The thought of her spending one more night on the street was unbearable. "If she wants to. If - you want to."

"She does chores, and she's good with a sword." Yuu gave her some preliminary lessons at her request, Allen knew. It had been adorable to watch them - to see her hit her targets, and then to listen to them bicker with the same bad attitude when she wasn't getting it.

Allen's heart quickened, and he smiled. "We'll ask her when she's feeling better." She was bright, and good natured, and as ready for love as they were, Allen thought. And guarded and hurting, and just as in need of healing as they had been once.

Allen leaned into Yuu's arms and kissed him soundly. They had a full life. Komui and Viral were here, Lavi and Tyki were a train ride away, and Leenalee and Bak were coming for an extended stay soon. Allen and Yuu owned their own business and wanted for nothing. Except for Sasha.

Notes:

I'm also on Wattpad writing my first book @glowingspacedoctor. It's malexmale elven fantasy and also has a large cast of main characters like this story. So if you might like it, please check it out!

Series this work belongs to: