Actions

Work Header

Bumble and Bee

Chapter Text

Pete kept crying silently and Ae kept holding him. Tutor was glaring at them, Fighter looked a little lost, like he didn’t know why he was even present and Tin was eyeing everyone icily. 

“ Boys, I need to know what is going on.” The twins' mother asked them. She let her calm and serious stare move from one boy to another. The first one to open his mouth was Tutor.

“ The relationship between Ae and Pete is not healthy. That’s what is going on here.” He said vehemently. 

“ Shut up, Tor! You know nothing about our relationship.” Pete retorted through his sniffling. 

“ He controls everything you do and say! That’s just sick!” 

“ No he does not! Ae does nothing but take care of me!” 

“ Tutor, are you trying to tell me that Ae is the one who assaulted Pete?” Twins' mother looked horrified and confused.

“ Well, no… apparently it was someone else. But it doesn’t change the fact that Ae is abusing my brother!” 

“ Someone else? Who, Pete, who did this to you?” 

Pete burst into a fresh set of tears and whispered: 

“ Do you remember P’Trump?”

“ The boy you dated before you met Ae?” Pete’s mother looked like she could already guess where Pete’s story was going.

“ Yes. He - he sort of… well kept… um…” Pete’s voice trailed away.

“ That bastard abused Pete and after they broke up he kept coming after Pete.” Ae said and pulled Pete even more securely against his side.

“ Why didn’t you tell me, Ae? I’m his mother!”

“ Please, mae, I begged Ae not to tell. He tried to talk me into it so many times.”

“ I’m sorry, I just couldn’t force Pete to do something he didn’t want to do.” Ae whispered. “Even if Tutor seems to think that’s what I do.” He added bitterly.

“ Pete already had bruises before all this happened! He said you did them!”

“ Oh for goodness sake, Tor, they have a rough sex life, get over it.” Tin sighed and looked even more bored than before. Pete looked like he was about to spontaneously combust, Ae started coughing and Fighter burst into laughter. Even the twin's mother looked like she wanted to laugh. 

“ Yes, hm, I’m not sure if I wanted to know that. But Tutor, I’ve never seen Ae treat Pete with anything but care and respect. So could we concentrate on the real issue at hand?”

“ But he never lets Pete make any decisions.” Tutor kept pressing. That made Pete jump up from the sofa, even though it made him vince from the pain.

“ Please just stop, Tor! I have serious issues because of P’Trump, I know that. It’s not Ae’s fault. All he ever does is help me. So just stop it!” Pete screamed. 

“ Calm down, darling, you’re going to hurt yourself.” Ae gently helped Pete back to the sofa and gave Tutor one of his most dangerous stares. 

“ Trump is going to jail anyway, for all he’s been up to. But I have to admit it’s upsetting he’s not going there because of what he did to Pete.” Tin said. 

“ It’s enough for me.” Pete whispered. “ I don’t want my dirty laundry to be aired for all the world to see.”

“ But he shouldn’t just get away with what he did!” Ae insisted.

“ Well, I might have had a few words with him. He knows why both the police and the people he owed money suddenly found out where he was hiding.” Tin smirked. 

“ So he won't be bothering my son again?” 

Tin shook his head. “ When he gets out, he’ll have a completely new set of problems at hand, I’m sure.” He said confidently. 

“ That’s enough for me.” Pete repeated and turned to Ae. “ I’m tired, I think I need a nap.”

“ Let me help you up, darling.” Ae said immediately and led Pete upstairs. 

 

 

“ Ai Ae?” Pete whispered into the silence of his childhood home's bedroom.

“ Yes?”

“ I’m so sorry I said you made the bruises. I just panicked and couldn’t get a word out. Tutor totally misunderstood me. I never said you were hurting me!” Pete looked at Ae with wide, scared eyes.

“ I know, baby. I know you wouldn’t lie like that.” Ae ran his hand through Pete’s soft hair and gave him a loving smile.

“ Pete loves Ae.” Pete whispered in a voice Ae thought was the sweetest sound in the world.

“ And I love you, always, my darling Pete.” Ae pressed a soft kiss on Pete’s forehead, before he frowned and gulped uneasily. “ Pete… Ae is sorry. So sorry.”

Pete’s eyes widened even wurther. “ Why? Why are you sorry?” He asked.

“ Because I couldn’t protect you. Because I can’t ensure Trump stays behind bars. That once again Tin had to be the one protecting you. I’m sorry I’m so useless.”

“ Ae! Don’t say things like that! Ae is not useless. Ae makes Pete brave. Ae helps Pete everyday.” The tears Pete thought for sure had dried out for the day, were once again sliding down his cheeks. “ Ae needs to know how wonderful he is. Ae makes Pete feel safe. Ae is everything to Pete.”