Actions

Work Header

Kent Paul's observation

Summary:

Take a look at Kent Paul’s thoughts about the Vice City’s most famous couple.

Notes:

After 2 years I'm back! I was really sad that there was zero new works with my otp... So, I took the responsibility to change that, again. As long as I'm alive I'll write Kenommy fanfics!

 

*If you find any mistakes, they are mine and only mine! Please let me know in the comments and I'll try to fix them! Thank you!*

 

Big thanks to my beta, RealityGlitch! ♥

(See the end of the work for more notes.)

Work Text:

 

For an average bystander, their relationship was like any other when serious business was involved. A friendship, if you could even call it one.

In his whole life, Kent Paul had seen so many couples get together that at this point he could already consider himself an expert. His eyes were able to catch such things as the right atmosphere or chemistry between two people who were just meant for each other. So it came with no surprise when he started seeing things no one else saw, a not-so-platonic beginning of something between a pathetic lawyer and the biggest nut job he knew, called Tommy Vercetti.

 

Kent was bored, so fucking bored that he started to observe these two pricks whenever he had an opportunity. Here was what he found out after a few weeks of studying their behaviours.

 

At first there were small gestures. Kent was able to get to all kinds of parties (by being the good informant), which Vercetti and Rosenberg also attended. Glancing at each other from time to time was definitely their way of checking if they were safe and sound. When they were standing in a circle with other important individuals, talking and complimenting others' hard work, the not-so-innocent physical contact would occur. Rosenberg’s hand would find its way to Vercetti’s back, who in turn landed his hand in the back pocket of his partner’s trousers. But what was most infuriating, even more than their behaviour itself, was that no one ever noticed!

 

There were some times when Kent had the chance to visit Vercetti’s huge estate. If not for the safety of Love Fist, the prick would have never allowed him to set foot inside his place. So, of course, Kent being himself, while waiting for a business meeting, looked around searching for precious clues.

He had passed by the kitchen door twice before he decided to go in. And here they were, the clues, looking at him from the fridge. Small, short notes. Some were older, some newer: „Make sure to eat something before tonight's gala!”, „I need some docs from the court, I’ll be late!”, „Did you eat my dessert? If so, you better buy me something or else!”. He even found one written by Vercetti, just below Rosenberg’s last one: „I’ll treat you to dinner”. Was this Vercetti’s way to ask another guy on a date? Sadly, Kent didn’t have time to investigate more, because he heard the man’s gang members walking close by. It was better that he left.

 

Two weeks had passed and Kent thought: „That’s it”. Rosenberg’s and Vercetti’s relationship went stagnant, or they just got bored, maybe finally chose to shag some girls... But no, it couldn’t be that easy now, eh?

One sunny afternoon Kent decided to go on a date with this nice, pretty girl he had met the other day at the Front Page Café. This time though, they chose a caff in the North Point Mall.

And there they were, these two pricks, being all lovey-dovey with each other, not caring about whoever was gonna see them. At the afterthought, why would they? There were no people who would have tried something with Vercetti, the man was bonkers!

Kent’s girl made an order and while they were waiting, quite an interesting thing happened right before their eyes, just a few tables away. Vercetti gave his lawyer a small, nicely wrapped package. Rosenberg was surprised, then grateful, giving his thanks to the other man as Kent guessed by the mouth movements. An expensive watch, what a gift. Normally you would give something like that to your significant other, not a business partner. Wow...


Kent stopped his observations when he found out, via drunk Mercedes Cortez, that Rosenberg and Vercetti weren’t officially in a romantic relationship. She said: “I don’t think they realise they have hots for each other!” So, it was like this. Two oblivious pricks in love. Just pinning, no real talk. Why? What was this bullshit? A fucking romantic comedy?

Although, Kent’s last thought was that the biggest idiot in this whole shit show was no one else than he, himself. A person who just wasted a month wishing for two guys to open their bloody eyes.

 

Notes:

Kudos and comments are greatly appreciated! ♥

Info about this series (ao3 link)
I'll copy the info here too.


Description:
As the title says, all my Kenommy oneshots will be linked to each other via this series.
All the warnings will be in the author's notes of each work, so don't worry about reading something you don't want!

FAQ:
1. When the series will be complete? When I run out of ideas that is!
2. Will there be any other pairings from the Vice City? Only as the background relationships.
3. Can I suggest something or give you a prompt? Yes, of course! I'll give it a try as long as I'll be comfortable with the subject you'll give me. :)
4. Is there any way I can message you to talk about the game/ships? Yes, you can message me on my discord: arezra#7369.
5. Are you looking for a beta for your oneshots? Yes, just in case my current one won't have much time.

Have a nice day and stay safe, my beloved readers!

Series this work belongs to: