Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Categories:
Fandoms:
Relationships:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Series:
Part 2 of Impulse AU
Collections:
Yoyoyo_itsABO, Knot in my Name, Queerly Beloved Reylo Fics
Stats:
Published:
2022-01-01
Completed:
2022-11-16
Words:
44,975
Chapters:
13/13
Comments:
213
Kudos:
585
Bookmarks:
102
Hits:
19,092

Say the Words

Summary:

When Kylo is in a motorcycle accident and sustains injuries, he asks his older brother Ben to look after his mate and wife, Rey. Looking after includes seeing her through a heat, and Ben is only too happy to comply.

But Kylo isn't aware of Ben's true feelings for Rey....is he?

Hello, and welcome!
This is the SEQUEL to Impulse.
This one is mainly from Ben's POV.

Chapter 1: The Unexpected

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

Thursday

 

Ben stood impatiently waiting for the elevator in the lobby of Lennox Hill Hospital, hands clenched into fists. He watched the numbers on the dial tick down steadily, muttering to himself.
Come on, come on.


Things were not supposed to have gone this way. Right now, he was supposed to be home, setting up the guest room for Kylo and Rey's visit.  It was long overdue.

A few months before her graduation, Kylo had asked Rey what she wanted as a present, and her answer didn't surprise him.  She had never been to any part of California, north or south, but she was particularly intrigued by San Francisco.   Rey was in love with the photos of cable cars and steeply-hilled streets, the ambiance of the super-progressive and stylish city.    Kylo was all for it; he'd only ever been once before, when he and his brother were twelve.   Zorrie's funeral didn't really count; he was there only long enough for the service.

 But of course, visiting San Francisco meant seeing Ben.

 

They had tickets to fly out this very weekend and stay the whole week. Ben had managed to get a good chunk of time off work, which was always easier said than done. But he’d gone so long without taking a real vacation that his chief couldn’t justifiably refuse him.


Then last night, the call had come in from Rey.

It was only eight-thirty Pacific time, which meant it was eleven-thirty  in New York. Ben had a bad feeling in his bones, the minute he saw her name light up the screen.  It was rare for Rey to call him, and certainly not at this time of night. 

“Rey? What’s wrong?”

He could hear the fear in her voice; she sounded frazzled, nearly undone.

“Ben…”

“Yes.”

“Ben, he-he….” She broke off on a loud sob.

His protective Alpha instinct kicked in. “Shh. Try to calm down, sweetheart. Tell me what happened.”

“Kylo…..was on his bike. Someone tried to run him off the road.”

Ben sucked in a sharp breath as a current of hot anger ran though him.  He raked a hand roughly through his hair and collected himself.

“Holy shit. How bad is it?”

“We’re in the ER. They’re running tests, we don’t know yet.”

Ben rubbed his mouth, his thoughts frantic.

“Is he conscious, at least?”

He heard a soft whimper and then a weak yes.


“Can you—can you come down, Ben? Please?" 


There wasn't a second of hesitation before he responded. 

“Send me all the info on the hospital. I’ll get on a flight in the morning.” He was gratified to hear her sigh of relief on the other end of the line.


“Rey? It’ll be alright. Hang in there, okay?” Even as he said the words, Ben realized he didn't know enough about the situation to promise that.  All that mattered at that moment was soothing Rey.


“Yeah--okay. Just hearing your voice helps.”


He preened just a little at that. She needed him. He was his brother’s mate and wife. But right now, she needed him.


And he would do anything for her.

 

Now, Ben felt the anxiety rising in his chest, making it harder to breathe. Rey had sent him a few texts that morning after he landed, apprising him of their exact location but not saying much about Kylo’s condition. The only thing he knew with any clarity was that his brother was alive and conscious.


Ben burst out of the elevator when the doors opened and stomped down the hall in search of Kylo’s room. The minute he hit the floor, his nose was flooded with her scent—heady and rich, the aroma of burnt sugar and oranges. She had stopped taking suppressants after her graduation last month and they’d been talking about getting pregnant. And now, this.


Her narcotic scent called to him like the promise of a fix calls to a junkie. Ben followed it like a man possessed.

 

“Ben.”


Her voice shimmered with relief, and maybe something else, something softer, but this wasn’t the time to think about that. His eyes shifted from her to Kylo in the bed. He was momentarily stunned by how out of it his brother looked, how fragile.  Ben would never have associated the word with Kylo before.  The two of them shared the classic attributes of male Alphas: they were both large, strong, competent; indomitable.  It threw Ben to see him this way.

 

Ben was so caught off guard by his brother’s atypical state that he didn’t tune in to Rey as fast as he normally would have. When he felt the press of her soft lips at his cheek, it jostled him back to the present.


“I’m so glad you’re here,” she whispered.


“He’s just sleeping, right?”


“Yeah. He’s in and out. It’s the pain meds, mostly.”


At that instant, Kylo’s lashes fluttered as he regained consciousness. His eyes were watery, his lids still heavy, but he managed a smile.


“Hey…big bro,” he cooed.


Ben reached for his hand and clasped it tightly.


“How you feeling?”


Kylo’s eyes dropped closed again and he sighed dramatically. “Like I fell off my fucking bike.”


Ben glanced over at Rey with raised eyebrows and she shrugged. The attempt at humor was a good sign, at least.

 

Just then, Doctor Ben Kenobi, head of Orthopedics and an old friend of the Organa-Solo family, appeared in the doorway.  He was a good deal older, but still quite handsome, with threads of silver in his ginger hair and a full beard. He stood watching the scene for a moment before he spoke.


“Kylo, I warned you about that goddamn bike,” he admonished with a shake of his head.


Kylo’s face broke into a crooked grin, his eyes growing soft. “Uncle Ben,” he murmured, the note of relief clear in his voice.


The doctor walked over and embraced Ben, giving him a playful slap on the back.


“Rey, this is Dr. Ben Kenobi. Longtime friend of the family.”


“And Ben’s namesake,” Kylo added with a smirk. Rey’s eyes widened and she stared at him with new interest.


“Rey, you’re every bit as lovely as Leia said,” he smiled, his bright baby blues sparkling.


“Thanks. Nice to meet you,” Rey said shyly.


“Sorry you couldn’t make the wedding,” Kylo teased, cocking an eyebrow at him.


The good doctor sighed. “I’m sorry I missed it, but such is the life of a surgeon.  We miss out on a lot of good shit.  But let’s talk about what we’re dealing with here. And all kidding aside, Kylo, you’re lucky that this wasn’t worse.”

 

Ben Kenobi stood at the foot of the bed and went over Kylo’s injuries one by one. There was some damage to his right arm, which he'd landed on to break his fall.  Fortunately, though, there was no fracture. 

His leather jacket had prevented most of the road rash, although he did have some on his right hand.


The patellar fracture would take the longest to heal: six weeks. He’d have to wear a knee brace to restrict movement, and then start on physical therapy in  ten days.

“The concussion was my main concern, but the scan didn’t show any bleeding on the brain or anything that warrants surgery, so that’s a relief. But you’re likely to experience a range of symptoms over the next few weeks: headaches, dizziness, fogginess. Mood swings and depression are not uncommon.”


Ben watched his brother’s face carefully as the realization of what this would mean sank in.


“When can I go home?” Kylo asked, his eyes pleading. 


“Well, I’d advise you stay the full ten days and then we can start the physical therapy. But you-“


“Ten days?” Kylo’s throat bobbed as agitation rose in his voice. “I can’t be away from Rey for ten days.”


He’d been holding Rey’s hand this whole time, and she squeezed it now.


Ben Kenobi nodded slowly. A Beta though he was, as a doctor, he had a clear understanding of the needs of Alphas and Omegas—particularly bonded pairs.


“I understand. But if I release you sooner, you’ll have to check in regularly for the first week. And keep a journal of your symptoms. That's a lot of back and forth and we want to minimize any activity for now."


Ben’s eyes fixated on his brother and the concern etched in his face.

“What's the the earliest I can be released?” Kylo asked.

“I’d say at least forty-eight hours, and we'll re-evaluate then.  But honestly, that's really too soon."

Kylo groaned and his eyes shifted back to Rey. “Shit.”

Rey bit her lip. “Listen to the doctor, Alpha. I want you to get well.  Ben and I will come back to see you every day."

As Kylo processed the situation, his eyes darted to Ben first, and then back to Rey.

“If you say so, doc. But I need to get back home as soon as possible.”

Dr. Kenobi nodded. “I get it. Your mother has my direct line, so text or call if you have any specific concerns, okay?”


“I will. Thanks for everything." Kylo swallowed hard and forced a little smile. 


“Okay, I’ll see you soon. Take care, Benny.  Good to finally meet you, Rey." 


As soon as Doctor Kenobi left the room, Kylo said to his brother, “I need a few minutes alone with Rey.”


“Yeah, I’ll go get some coffee from the caf. You guys want anything?”

"I'm okay," Kylo grunted. "You hungry, baby?"

She shook her head stoically.

“Omega,” he growled. “You need to eat something. Ben, get her a turkey sandwich and something to drink. Please.”


“You got it.”

 

In the elevator, Ben sent Leia a text.  He was surprised she wasn't there already. 


BEN:   Uncle B. just gave us a breakdown of Ky’s condition. Are you on your way?

 

He waited, but no immediate response seemed to be forthcoming, so he busied himself by checking recent messages and emails. He sailed through the cafeteria line, grabbing a sandwich and a Snapple for Rey and a large coffee for himself. His stomach grumbled, reminding him that he hadn’t eaten since the pathetic airline breakfast several hours earlier, but he really didn’t feel like eating right now. There were too many things up in the air.  He was more concerned about his brother.   And about Rey.

Ben had a sense he knew what was coming. He knew Kylo might want him to stay with her, at least for a couple of days until he got home. And the thought of being all alone with her in their apartment was heady, to say the least.


His phone dinged with Leia’s delayed response.


LEIA:  Just spoke with Big Ben.  I'm on my way.  Let your brother know. xx

++

 

Rey gave Ben a grateful smile when he handed her the sandwich. She perched on a chair drawn up beside the bed and dug in. Her eyes were red-rimmed and her skin sallow; she was clearly exhausted.


“Ben, I need you to do something for me,” Kylo said.


“Anything.”


Kylo paused and his gaze drifted over to his mate.


“Look after Rey until they let me out of here.”


Ben’s throat bobbed. “Of course, Ky.”


“Give her anything she needs.” Kylo’s eyes widened as he spoke in emphasis of his point. “She’ll be going through a heat, very soon,” his voice dropped and his eyes closed again, as if he was hit by a fresh wave of pain. "It could start any day now."


Rey chewed in silence, looking down at the floor.


Ben stiffened. This was not what he was expecting, even though he knew she was off her suppressants. He just had not let himself entertain the thought of what it might mean, now.


"When it happens, I want you to see her through it because I won't be able to.  And if you don’t, she’ll have to go it alone, and it’ll be bad. I don’t want that for her, do you?”


Ben shook his head and swallowed heavily. “No.  Of course not."


“So it’s up to you. I wouldn't ask this of anyone else, Ben.  You know that."


Ben felt a tightening in his throat, almost a choking. Of course, there was only one right answer.


“Of course. Anything she needs, Ky."


She’ll need to have you in her bed. She’ll need your knot.

Ben supposed that a brother would just have to do what he had to do.  The thought alone was enough to make his jeans feel a little restrictive below the waist.  

 

"Mom's on her way," Ben inserted, grateful to have something else to talk about for a moment. 

Kylo nodded. "Listen, I want you guys to go home.  Rey's been here all night and she needs to rest."

"Kylo, I'm fine," she protested.

"You're not.  You need to sleep properly and have a decent meal.  You guys can come back tomorrow, if she's not..'" he trailed off and let out a frustrated breath. "If she hasn't started her cycle."

He met his brother's eyes again and Ben nodded. 

"Of course we will."

Rey rolled her eyes and sucked her teeth. 

Kylo lowered his lids and managed a smile. "Don't pout, Rey.  We can facetime later since you made me get the damn phone. That's what it's for, right?"

"Fine," she said mulishly. 

"And you can bring me a change of clothes too, okay? And maybe one of your scarves or something?"

Rey nodded before moving in for a gentle kiss. 

"There's my girl," Kylo purred. 

 

Once they'd said their goodbyes, Rey and Ben headed straight for the elevator down to the parking garage.

"Why are we going down here?" Rey asked.

"I rented a car.  Figured it would be easier to get back and forth than dealing with public transportation."

"Oh."

 

++

 

The ride back to White Plains was mostly silent.  Rey drifted off in the first fifteen minutes, and Ben knew Kylo had been right: she needed the rest.   Even the steady, soft hum of the radio on a soft rock station didn’t wake her. 

They sat at the light and Ben glanced over at Rey.  His heart lurched in his chest as he took her in, making him wonder if he’d survive this week.  He sighed.

“Rey,” he called softly.  When she didn’t stir, he rested a hand lightly on her arm, and that touch alone sent sparks shooting up his spine.  “Rey, sweetheart,” he tried again.

It hadn’t even been one whole day, and already he was calling her pet names. 

At last she stirred, just as the light changed and the car moved forward. “Hmph,” she mumbled, her eyes still sleep-hazy.

“I need you to direct me from here.  Which way?”

She frowned for a moment. “You turn left on Mamaroneck Avenue."

Ben huffed. “But where’s that? Rey, I don’t know this area at all…”

It took a few minutes, but they managed to figure it out.  When they pulled up in front of the building, Ben was met with an odd mixture of euphoria and terror.  Waiting for Rey to punch in the code, he stared up at the façade like it was a touchstone—something truly life-changing. 

Because if Ben was actually going to be staying in this apartment and helping Rey through her heat, in the absence of her mate, it would indeed be life changing.   

For Rey, possibly, but definitely for him.

 

The moment they entered the apartment, Ben felt horrifically out of place.  His stuff was  still at the hotel, and he didn't have so much as a change of clothes with him.  He could pick up his bag tomorrow, of course, when they drove back into the city. In the meantime, he’d have to borrow some of his brother’s clothes.

And suddenly, it felt like he was borrowing a lot of his brother’s belongings. 

Oblivious to his awkward state, Rey simply parked herself on the couch and groaned.   Ben noted that it was a much smaller, more modern couch than the one at Grandma Padme’s, but still.  It reminded  him of that weekend four years earlier when he'd first met Rey.   Ben felt a flush of warmth bloom in his face, moving down to his chest.

Rey gave a gentle, sensual stretch and yawned.  “M’ so tired,” she sighed.

Ben chuckled “Kylo was right, huh?”

She gave a vague shrug. “He usually is.  He knows how to take care of me.”  Seconds after the words leave her mouth her eyes flickered to him.

“I’m, uh…..yeah,” she whispered.

“It’s fine.  He does.  He takes good care of you, just the way he should.” 

The tension flickered between them, stretching out thickly.

“Imma go shower,” Rey blurted.  “You can too, if you want.  I’ll get out some of Kylo’s clothes for you to change into.”

Ben nodded.  “Okay.”

As he watched her saunter down the hall to their bedroom, he reminded himself that when she said shower, she meant shower separately. 

He had no fucking idea what the etiquette was, in a situation like this.  It was a weird and awkward position to be in, and one he never expected.  One he never dared hope to be in.

But here he was.

 

While Rey showered, Ben checked out the contents of the fridge.   It was fairly well stocked, which was no surprise, since Kylo was aware of her oncoming heat.   There was plenty for now, and he could always pick up a few things tomorrow after they visited Kylo.  Because from the smell of her, heat wasn’t more than a day away, if that.

God.  Ben closed his eyes and fought to steady himself as images of her beneath him blazed in his mind’s eye.  The sounds she would make, the way she would clutch at him, begging for his knot as he pounded into her sweet, wet heat. 

He was already starting to swell in his jeans and he reached down to adjust himself.  

Down, boy. Easy.

 

A short while later, Rey emerged with wet hair, in a clean t-shirt and leggings.  She carried a pile of clothing and deposited it beside him on the couch, shattering his reverie.

“You can wear these.”

He looked up to meet her eyes, surprised to find them much darker than normal, pupils swallowing the soft green.

“How long do you think you have?’ he asked softly.

“I’d guess until sometime tomorrow.  But I can't be sure."

Ben let out a shaky breath and looked down at the clothes, unable to look at her for fear he might lose control right then.

“You never told him, did you?”

“No."  

Ben nodded. Of course, she hadn't.

"But it wouldn't surprise me if he's already figured it out."

 

He had a job to do.  Right now, she was his responsibility, and by god, he was going to care for her like a good Alpha should.

Like his brother would.

 

‘I’ll shower and we can order some food later. Just relax for now, okay?" His voice was low, little more than a whisper. 

Ben managed to wrest himself from the couch, away from Rey and her delectable scent, to move clumsily down the hall.  His legs felt  like jelly as he moved, as if he was a newborn fawn.

He’d nearly reached the bathroom when she spoke.

“Ben.”

He turned to look at her then, his desire spelled out clearly across his features.  “Yeah?”

“I’m really glad you’re here.”

"Me, too."

++

 

When Ben returned to the living room a short time later, freshly showered, Rey was curled up on the loveseat talking on the phone with her friend Rose. 

  After making a pot of coffee and grabbing a banana to stave off his hunger, he checked his own messages before returning a series of calls, the last one to his mother. 

When Rey finally clicked off her call, she turned to watch him with big doe eyes.

“I’m hungry,” she murmured. 

“I figured as much.  What should we get?”

She bit her lip and raised an eyebrow at him. “Pizza?”

“Hmm, how about something with a little more nutritional value?’

Rey groaned. “You sound just like Kylo.”

Ben chuckled. “We can order Italian.  As long as you get something with protein and something green  in it, I’ll be happy. Is that a fair compromise?"

“I guess.”

 

Once the food had arrived and they were seated at the table,  Rey told him all about her writing project: her first screenplay.

“When it’s finished, I’m going to make it as a low-budget production.  You know, like Spike Lee when he shot She’s Gotta Have It.”

“That sounds great,” Ben agreed. “And it’ll be good to see you actually using your camera for a real project.  Have you used it yet, at all?”

Rey blushed and looked down at her food. “A bit, here and there.  Experimental things.  Nothing worth sharing yet.” 

“Ah.  Meaning, you and Kylo made some private videos.”

She let out a little shriek of embarrassment.

"Not only that," she protested.

Ben smiled indulgently.

“So, tell me about your girlfriend back home,” she pressed.  “What’s she like?”

Ben huffed and took a swig of his Blue Moon.  Rey waited, her eyes trained on him intensely.

“Well, she’s an EMT. That’s how we met.  She’s a lot of fun, and very smart.”

Rey nodded thoughtfully. “Hmm.  What’s her name?”

“Kaia.  Here, I have a picture.”  He picked up his phone and scrolled briefly before showing her a picture of a lovely young woman with honey-colored skin and wild, curly black hair.  It was obvious that the camera had caught her laughing, as she leaned against Ben.  The grin on his face was wider than Rey was used to seeing, and it made him look years younger. 

For an instant, she felt a fleeting, irrational sense of something like jealousy—but then it was gone as quickly as it came. 

“She’s really pretty,” Rey breathed. “Is this the same one you mentioned last time?”

Ben frowned slightly. “When?”

Rey stared. “The last time you—”

“Oh, no.  That was Kaydel.  We weren’t together very long.”

“Oh. And how long have you and Kaia been together?”

“Hmm…three or four months, I guess."

She raised her eyebrows in surprise. “Oh.  So maybe this…..I mean, we….” She didn’t seem to be able to get the words out.  “Kylo doesn’t know about her then.”

“No, he does.”

She shook her head. “That doesn’t seem fair.  She’d be upset if she knew, wouldn’t she? I mean, I would, in her position."

“Rey, she’s not my mate.  She’s a Beta.”

She nodded slowly.

“And like I told you a long time ago,” he continued, “I’m in love with someone else.  Someone who could never be mine.”

He said it so offhandedly, as if he weren't speaking about her, reminding her of this impossible situation.

Her breath hitched. “That’s so unfair.”

Ben gave her a rueful smile and a shrug. “Maybe.  But that’s the way it is.”

She didn’t say anything else, and his eyes dropped to her empty plate. “Did you have enough to eat, or you want more?”

“I’m fine,” she said softly. 

“Okay. I’ll clean up and then we can watch a movie or something.”

Rey stood quickly, carrying her plate and fork to the sink.  She stood beside Ben at the counter and stared up at him but he wouldn’t look at her.

“Ben….I don’t think we should do this,” she whispered.

His eyes snapped to hers. “I’m not understanding you.”

“I can handle it on my own.  Kylo doesn’t have to know.  Just having you here is good enough.  It soothes me.  Please?”

He stared at her hungrily. “If that’s what you want, Rey.”

“I don’t want to hurt you.  I feel like it might hurt you.”

He puffed in disbelief and shook his head. “This isn’t about me. It’s about what you need.  So when the time comes, you can make that decision.  It’s all up to you. I won’t do anything you don’t want.”

Rey’s shoulders relaxed and she leaned up on her tiptoes to kiss his cheek. “Thank you.”

His eyes grazed over her gland.  It was raised and flushed pink already. Ben licked his lips and nodded.

"Anything you want, Rey."

 

 

Notes:

Hey! You made it to the end of the first chapter.
So how do you handle it when something you've been dreaming about falls right into your lap, like a dream come true? Will Ben be able to handle it? We'll have to see.

I love hearing your thoughts as we go, comments are always appreciated! xx

Chapter 2: More Than a Woman

Summary:

Ben is doing his best to keep control while in Rey's presence. But that damn rubber band is about to SNAP.

Notes:

"Here in your arms, I found my paradise
My only chance at happiness
And if I lose your love, I think I would die"

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

Friday

 

Rey passed the night in a fitful sleep. It was common for her to experience restless sleep right before a heat. Of course, it was only magnified by her worry over Kylo, and the fact that he wasn’t beside her in bed. Not having his warm, solid body nestled against her made her feel anxious and unsettled. She was grateful, though, knowing that Ben was just down the hall. She felt safe with Ben, it was the next best thing to having Kylo there, and she knew he would take good care of her if she asked.

Alpha will provide.

She woke overheated, her skin tingling and a low, deep throbbing in her core. She knew her heat was hours away, and she felt a flush of guilt that it had come sooner than expected, possibly from Ben’s proximity. He always used a high dose of blockers, he had to for his job, but Rey could still make out his scent over all of the chemical distraction. The green, pine forest smell called to her even now, through the closed door.

++

“I still don’t understand what possessed you to get a hotel room in the first place! Why wouldn’t you just plan to stay with us?”

Ben winced at his brother’s razor-sharp tone. Kylo was more than agitated, he was pissed off, but Ben knew it had nothing to do with the fact that he’d booked the hotel room.

“I just didn’t want to assume,” he muttered lamely. “I’ll just swing by and pick up my bag this morning. No big deal.”

Kylo grunted. This was the first time since his accident that he’d had the chance to just rage and let off some emotion without any repercussions. Ben was a captive audience, and as it happened, the ideal target for his ire.

“Didn’t assume,” Kylo mocked. “Didn’t assume you would be welcome at your brother’s place? What the fuck, Ben?”

Ben heaved a muffled sigh, content to let his brother spew whatever venom he needed to release if it made him feel better. He wasn’t about to take any of it personally. He understood exactly where it was coming from.

“It was an error in judgement. I wasn’t thinking clearly,” Ben murmured dully. He had absolutely no dog in his fight, as Han Solo would have said.
Ben listened as his brother continued to huff and puff.

It was fine. He got it.

Kylo was pissed about his injury, the unfairness of it. He was frustrated that he couldn’t just go about his normal routine and that his physical needs would need to be tended to by another person for at least the next week, especially because it wouldn’t be his mate. He hated being in the hospital, hated eating their crappy food, hated having to pee in a bedpan.


Most of all, he hated that he had to be separated from Rey,  that he wouldn’t be there to see her through her heat. After being together for so long, while she was on suppressants, her heats had been milder and much less frequent than usual. But since she had gone off of them in the hopes of getting pregnant, they were expecting this one to come roaring in like a freight train.

Ben could understand.  He could certainly imagine how he'd feel in his brother's place.

Kylo’s voice dropped lower. “Is she up yet?”

Ben glanced down the hall at the closed door. “I don’t think so. I’ll go check.”

“Yeah, why don’t you do that,” he snarked. Ben rolled his eyes but said nothing as he walked down the hall to knock on the master bedroom door.

He rapped once, but she didn’t answer so he pushed the door. The moment it swung open, the overpowering scent of her swept over him.

It was so sweet and so strong, Ben’s eyes fluttered; it made his cock jump in his pants, and he had to bite back on a moan.

Rey was right on the edge of heat. He could smell it.

A handful of moments later, he was aware of Kylo’s voice.

“Let me talk to her,” Kylo growled. It was like he knew what was happening—like he could smell her himself. “Ben. Put her on, now.”

As gently as possible, Ben touched her wrist, and then her shoulder, calling her name softly. When Rey’s eyes opened, he handed her the phone and bailed to give them some privacy.

Back in the kitchen, he poured himself another cup of coffee. He needed something to steady him, though in all honesty, the caffeine was not going to do it. The only thing that could soothe him now is the sweet, intoxicating embrace of Omega.

Of Rey.

His brother’s mate.

He sipped his coffee slowly, doing his best to focus as he scrolled through the news updates on his phone. It was going to be another warm day, and the weather report was predicting thunderstorms.

The stock market was rising. The president’s approval rating was up for whatever reason.

He didn’t care about any of that. He was just waiting for the moment he’d be able to hold her in his arms. Hoping she’d let it happen.

 

It had been a rough night for Ben too, he had been up for much of it, yet he didn’t feel tired. What he felt was energized; there was something like an electric current running through his body, nullifying his sense of reason and forcing him to focus on one thing….

Rey.

He chewed his cheek and paced as he waited. Finally, he heard the sound of her door open and her soft footfall coming towards him. Ben’s mouth grew dry and his heart started to race as her sweet smell grew closer, threatening to undo him.

She stopped, standing no more than six inches away and held out the phone to him. His eyes, darkened with need as they met hers.

“Kylo says not to come to him today. He’s doing okay but he wants me to stay home.”

His throat bobbed. “I figured as much.”

“He’s never liked me leaving the house so close to a heat,” she shrugged.

Ben frowned at the thought. “No. You shouldn’t. I was planning to drive into the city to pick up my bag and make a pitstop at the grocery store. Unless you….need me now.” His voice wavered on the last word, and Rey looked down at his hands. He was gripping the phone tightly enough to break it.

“No. Go take care of what you need to. I’ll probably nap again. Didn’t sleep too well.”

Ben cocked an eyebrow at her.

That makes two of us.

“Okay. I’ll be back as fast as I can. You call me if you need anything.  Anything, Rey."

She nodded.

“Want something from the store?”

The corner of Rey’s mouth quirked up. “Coffee ice cream.”

Ben chuckled. He remembered that ice cream was her favorite treat, especially before and during a heat. She claimed it cooled her down, but Kylo had scoffed at that.

My Omega just likes the sweet stuff.

++

 

Ben finagled his way down 1-87 and into the city limits, driving with purpose. He hadn’t wanted to leave her at all, felt bad about doing it, but it was necessary, and he was sure she’d be okay for just a couple of hours.

He retrieved the bag from the hotel and closed out his reservation (a waste of money, as Kylo had chided, but there was nothing to be done about it). In no time, he was back to the onramp heading north, back towards the White Plains exit. Now that he had the address saved in his Waze app, it would be much easier to find it. He laughed to himself as he thought about Rey trying to direct them the day before. It was true, they hadn’t been in the apartment that long, and she didn’t drive yet so her sense of direction was sometimes a bit shaky. Maybe, Kylo would let him take her out in the car, when they did finally come out to San Fran and he could take her on a practice drive. Let her get used to driving stick. Maybe the three of them could even go for a long drive on the Pacific Coast Highway, heading down to Santa Cruz, or even Big Sur. They could stop for lunch at a little place he and Zorrie loved.

Ben caught himself and shook his head. He knew he needed to get a grip. He was already poised to go down the road to ruin, faced with the prospect of having Rey all to himself for a few days.
If she only said the words, she’d be his to hold….to touch. To kiss. To fuck.

And she’d take his knot, something he’d yearned for since he first met her. Even when he wouldn’t truly allow himself the pleasure of thinking about it. Not for the sake of his brother.
The visions would pop into his head while he was jerking off, or sometimes while he was in bed with Kaia. He’d see Rey’s face, hear her breathless pleas.

Please. Alpha, I need your knot.

It was the thing that sent him over the edge, every time.

++

With suitcase in one hand, grocery bag in the other, Ben entered the apartment. He pushed the door open and was met with her intoxicating fragrance once again, but at least this time, he was prepared.

Music was coming from the living room, a song he recognized immediately.

“Rey?” he called softly.

He found her stretched out on the couch, eyes closed as she sang along to the song.

Here in your arms I found my paradise
My only chance at happiness
And if I lose your love, I think I would die
Oh, say you’ll always be my baby
We can make it shine
We can take forever just a minute at a time

More than a woman
More than a woman to me.

Ben set the bag on the table, and Rey’s eyes flew open.


“Hi," she squeaked. 

“Hey.” A slow, teasing grin crept across his face. “Are you listening to the Bee Gees?”


Rey’s eyes widened. “Yeah. Don’t you recognize it? This is our wedding CD.  All songs from the reception," she smiled dreamily.


Ben’s mouth formed an “O” as the realization dawned, and suddenly he felt like a damned idiot.


“More Than a Woman” was the first song she and Kylo had danced to, as husband and wife. And Rey had been sure to announce to the table afterwards, in front of a very embarrassed Kylo, that he had picked it out.


“I listen to it sometimes when I get stressed. It relaxes me.”


Ben nodded, biting his lip as he unpacked the grocery bag.

This is the only way that we should fly
This is the only way to go
And if I lose your love, I know I would die

 

Of course, she’d be listening to that song. She was missing him. Ben was just here as a surrogate.

He sighed.


“It is a pretty song,” she added, rising from the couch.  "Even if it's a little corny. I think it's sweet."

He couldn't find any reason to argue with her there. 

His eyes flickered to her, watching her every movement. She had on a pair of baggy, light grey sweatpants and a pink tank top with the words JUICY spelled out across it.  Ben couldn’t help but think how that couldn’t have been more appropriate, at this particular moment in time. 


“Fuck,” she muttered. “I better go shower and change again before I soak through them."

His mouth dropped open as his eyes trailed down and he noted the distinct wet spot at the crotch of her sweats. 


Slick. She was already making slick.  

Ben licked his lips and nodded. He could wait. He would, of course, until she was ready. Until she said the words.


Until she was begging.


“Can you help me find the waterproof throw? Kylo won’t be happy if I ruin the couch. It’s still new."


Ben huffed. Somehow, he didn’t think his brother would care. He would surely forgive her for that, right?


“Sure.”


“Thanks.”


“Did you talk to him again?”


Rey sighed. “He keeps texting me. He said Doctor Kenobi came to check on him already and he’s feeling better.  And Leia and Han are coming by, too."


“Good. That’s good.”


“Okay. Shower time,” she said.


She turned to walk away, and Ben slapped a hand over his mouth to smother a groan. The temptation to join her, at this point was simply overwhelming.


“Rey….? Do you….want company?”

She turned back to stare at him for a long, drawn out moment. “Mm. I think I’ll be okay," she murmured before turning around again.


“How are the cramps?” he tried.


She froze, her body stiffening. But she didn’t turn.


“I’m okay for now, Alpha," was the quiet reply before she started moving again straight for the bathroom. Ben held his breath until she shut the door behind her, not looking back.


Alpha.

Right now, he could be her Alpha.   He could pretend.

++

 

Ben sat on the couch, clicking through channels mindlessly as he awaited Rey’s return.  If he could find a movie, something she liked, it could maybe be enough of a distraction for both of them,  until she finally decided she was ready.

Then a horrific thought occurred to him.  What if she went through the entire heat without letting him in? If she was that determined to do it alone, he’d have to respect it, but it would be sheer agony for them both.

This was Kylo’s idea...his request, more like an order, if he thought about it.   He’s the one who asked Ben to be here for Rey.  He had his brother's blessing--there was nothing to feel guilty about.

 

“I don’t want to hurt you. I feel like it would hurt you.”

 

Well, if it came down to it, Ben would just have to convince her.

 

Holy fucking shit....the irony. 

 

The cramps were ramping up already.  Right after her shower, Rey headed for the master bedroom where she threw herself across the bed and slipped a finger inside herself while she played with her clit.  She needed to come, with a single-minded urgency; if she could come right now, it would make it easier for her to sit through a few hours with Ben and watch television or play some game or other, all while pretending she didn’t want him to rip her clothes off and ravish her.

It wasn’t that she didn’t want him, not at all.  She wanted him badly, just as she had from that first night he stayed in the house.   But now, things were different.  Certainly, she loved Ben.  But there’s a difference between loving someone and being in love with them, as she well knew.   Before Kylo, she had never been in love with anyone, and it was terrifying and exhilarating, the best and the worst feeling ever because of that unrelenting fear that you could lose that person at anytime.  

Nothing in life was a guarantee. You could find your partner, your mate, and then they could die of some merciless disease.  They could be taken away, in a heartbeat--just as Ben had lost  Zorrie.

Rey didn’t have a real understanding of what it would be like to lose a mate that way.  She’d heard tragic stories of people who ended up killing themselves in the aftermath because they simply couldn’t handle the loss.

Yet Ben had been strong enough to withstand that and keep going.  And then life had brought them together.  She admired his resilience, even while feeling tremendous empathy for his loss.  She thought Ben was wonderful.  It made no sense to her that someone so good, so loving, so beautiful, inside and out, would be made to suffer this way.

But then, Kylo had suffered too, hadn’t he?  And as he liked to remind her, over and over: Life is not fucking fair.

++

 

Ben was not oblivious.  He knew just what was going on.  The sharpening of his senses, a key sign of the rut that was approaching, told him all. 

And a short time later, after he heard her bedroom door close....he knew. Knew she had touched herself once already and was probably about to do it it again.

She should let him take care of her.  That's why he was there, after all.

It was getting to him, eating away slowly. 

 

Ben was sitting, his ass ground into the couch as he struggled to maintain control when she entered the kitchen.  Her face betrayed nothing-- if it weren’t for his keen, magnified Alpha powers of perception, he wouldn't have known how much she was aching to be touched, how wet she was already, under the flimsy pair of cotton shorts she wore. 

His eyes trailed over her as she cocked a hip casually, peering first into the fridge and then the freezer.

“I'd be okay with ice cream for dinner,” she threw out, with an impish grin, and he growled, the sound so distinctly feral that she couldn’t ignore it. 

“Rey.  You know that’s not okay.” 

Fuck.  She was being a brat, why? Was she testing him?

The shift in his demeanor, the intense, menacing edge to his voice shook her.  She hadn’t seen this side of Ben before.

It reminded her of Kylo, in the best possible way.

“I’ll make you some food.  But Omega…let me give you want you need.

His scent was spiking so sharply, Rey could taste it on the roof of her mouth.

“Alpha,” she whined.

Her response was instinctual, and the word sent a low rumble through his chest.

“Tell me, Rey.  Drawing it out like this is not good for you...for either of us.”

She bit her lip hard, barely feeling it. “I---I can smell you, Alpha,” she whispered.

A smile curled at the corners of his lips, but this was not the sweet, gentle Ben Solo smile she was used to. This smile was possessive and knowing, and altogether darker. The smile of an Alpha ready to take.

“What do I smell like?” he asked.  There was a hint of satisfaction in the question, an acknowledgement that they were finally there, that they would finally get real. 

Rey sucked in a deep breath and her eyes rolled back in pleasure.  “Like a….like a forest. Pine trees and rain,” she moaned. “It’s so….so good, Alpha.”

He lifted from his position on the couch and stalked over until he’d trapped her against the counter.   Ben pressed a gentle kiss to her left temple and then her right.  Rey could feel his hardness nudging into her through the thin fabric barrier.   Her hips canted back into him, her wetness soaking the front of his sweats.

“Tell me, Rey.  Tell me what you want.”

“I…” she shook her head.

“Say the words, sweetheart.”

“I--I need you, Alpha.”

“My name, Rey.  Say my name.” His lips ghosted over her throat, passing over her gland and he inhaled deeply.

“Ben….I-I need you.  Need you to touch me.”

Finally. 

The words sent a surge of pleasure through him and he grabbed her tight, lifting her up, up into his arms and over his shoulder as he moved down the hall to the bedroom. 

 

 

 

Notes:

"More Than a Woman," Barry, Robin and Maurice Gibb. Saturday Night Fever soundtrack, RSO. 1977

Chapter 3: There's a hole in my heart (that can only be filled by you)

Summary:

Ben and Rey finally have some alone time. It's a dream come true for him.

But for Kylo, it's a nightmare. 😪

I'm sorry....there's some pretty intense angst in this chapter. But Kylo will be going home soon.

Notes:

“Life’s ambition occupy my time
Priorities confuse the mind
Happiness one step behind
This inner peace I’ve yet to find

There’s a hole in my heart that can only be filled by you
And this hole in my heart can’t be filled with the things I do
Hole hearted”

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

 

Kylo had been lying in the same position since he’d woken that morning.  He was fed up with being stuck in the hospital.  He wanted to be home with Rey, where he belonged, buried in her sweet warmth.  This? This was fucking hell.

His whole body ached now, the pain from his injuries only exacerbated by their separation.   They had never been apart for more than six, maybe eight hours at most, and those times were always punctuated by texts and the occasional call.  But after a whole night apart, and knowing he wouldn’t be seeing her for at least another day, this felt like an honest-to-goodness punishment.  Kylo had never realized that being away from her for so long would actually be painful. 

His phone lay on the sheets beside him, inches away.  He stared at it, fingers itching to reach it, but the fear of what he might discover held him back.  He had told her, only hours ago, to put it on DND if she was about to take Ben into their bed.  He squeezed his eyes shut as a wave of regret welled up in his chest, making him want to cry.  God damn it all to hell.  

Now, he couldn’t get the picture of them together out of his head.  The way Rey would whimper and cry when Ben knotted her, just as she did with him.  He closed his eyes and took a deep breath--he could practically scent her warm fragrance,  flooding his senses.  When Kylo imagined what heaven would smell like, he could think only that it must smell just like his Rey.   And who cared about heaven anyway; when he was in her arms, that was heaven enough.     

And now, his older brother was taking Kylo’s rightful place.  In their bed.  All because he had asked him to do it.

Kylo had no one to blame but himself. 

He pushed the thought away violently and snatched at the remote, clicking angrily through channels to find something—anything—to take his mind off the present.  He was so busy waging war with his own thoughts that he failed to notice when Ben Kenobi appeared at his bedside.

“Kylo?”

Startled, he looked up. “Doc,” he grunted.

Doctor Kenobi raised his eyebrows. “You know, if you break that remote, you’ll have to pay for it,” he chided, a note of teasing in his voice.

Kylo huffed. “I don’t….” he broke off. “I can’t.  I can’t concentrate on anything.  I hate being away from her like this, I hate it.”

“I understand,” Ben nodded, but Kylo was unconvinced.  As a Beta, Doctor Kenobi couldn’t have truly understood the agony of being separated from one’s mate for a long period of time—much as he might think he did. 

Kylo’s eyes shifted back to the television, still unable to focus on anything.  “She’s just gone into heat.”  His tone was flat, dejected. 

Kenobi’s chin tilted up and then down in a slow nod.  “Ahh. So that’s why she didn’t come in today. And your brother?  He’s staying at your place, no?”

Kylo’s eyes snapped to him in a furious glare that said more than enough.   

Dr. Kenobi cleared his throat.

“Well, I’ll see about getting you released tomorrow then, against my better judgement.  But you’ll have to agree to my terms first.  I don’t want you doing anything that’ll worsen your condition.  Otherwise, you may well find your ass right back here.”   

Kylo swallowed hard and nodded.

"Anything you say, doc."

 

++

 

Rey sprawled on the bed, face flushed, with Ben looking down at her.  He didn’t move for a long moment, just giving himself time to take her in; she gazed up at him with a hunger that mirrored his own.

He’d been wanting this for so long, to have her all to himself.  And now here they were.  Even if it was just for now.   He could be her Alpha, for now.  Keep her safe, take care of her.

That was enough.  It would have to be.

“Ben? What are you thinking?”

His throat bobbed as he reached out to cradle her face.

“I’m thinking that you’re so damn beautiful.”

Rey extended her arms. “Come to me, Alpha.”

Ben crawled onto the bed with more grace than one would expect of a man his size.   He wanted to take his time, not rush it.  He wanted to savor every moment. 

He lay beside her, holding her gaze.  One large palm fell across her belly possessively, caressing her.   Ben moved closer, nuzzling into her neck.  His tongue darted out to trace the line of her throat all the way up to her gland and Rey shuddered.  

“Are you ready for me, Rey?” he whispered hotly in her ear. 

“I have to do one thing first.”

Ben jerked back slightly and watched as she reached for her phone and put it on Do Not Disturb.   When Rey looked back at him, her pupils were blown.

“Klyo asked me to do this.  So he’ll know.... "

Ben nodded slowly.  He was not going to screw this up by asking questions.  She was here, and she was ready.   He didn't want to think about anything else.  

Not now. 

Rey looked away from him then and bit her lip.  He could feel the conflict in her.

“It’s okay, sweet girl," he cooed.   “Kylo’s the only other man you’ve been with, right?”

She gave her head a quick shake.  “No.  I lost my virginity when I was sixteen.  To a friend’s older brother.”

Ben’s jaw tightened. “An Alpha?”

“Beta.” 

Ben felt darkness blooming deep inside him, a possessive, hungry thing. 

“He didn’t force you, did he?”

“No, Ben.  We got stoned, and we were fooling around.  I was curious….” She shrugged.  “It only happened once.”

His body visibly relaxed.

“So Kylo is the only Alpha you’ve been with.”

“Kylo….and you.”  

Ben hummed.  “Yes, that one time.  I've thought about that.  A lot."  He smiled at the admission, even as a flush rose in his face.

“Yeah…..me, too,” she nodded shyly.

Sweet Omega.  Shy, even now.  In bed, by his side. 

Ben couldn’t have stopped the smirk that spread across his face.  Just to know she had thought about it—about him.   That she had wanted him that way.  It was overwhelming. 

“Well, this time, it’s just us.  I’m gonna give you everything you want.”  Ben’s fingers trailed lightly down her arm, all the way to her slender fingers.  He lifted one of her hands to his mouth and kissed her knuckles.  “Promise me you won’t hold back, Rey.”   His lips parted and he slid her index finger across his tongue, sucking on it while he held her eyes.

She let out a little whimper.  “Alpha…”

Ben released her finger with a wet pop.  “I’m going to ask you to do one thing for me.”

“Okay..."

“Rey....while we're together, call me by my name.  I’m not Kylo, I’m not your Alpha.  But I’m here.  I’m the one whose knot you’ll take."

“Yes, Ben,” she whined.  A second later, she doubled over in pain and his face changed, creased with concern for her. 

“Cramps,” he rumbled.

“It hurts."

“I’ll make it better, sweetheart.  I’m gonna make you feel so good.” 

Rey let out another little pleading noise and nodded again. That was enough.

“Let’s take this off," he said, his voice laced with urgency.

  She raised her arms, helping him free her of the tank top, and his mouth watered at the sight of her tight nipples, hardened from the cool air in the room.  Rey slipped out of her shorts next, dropping them on the floor and watching him with avid interest.

Thank god for the air conditioning, Ben thought, because he felt like he was burning from the inside out.  He could only imagine how Rey felt.

She let out a low, wanton moan as Ben’s lips wrapped around one nipple, then the other.  Her lashes fluttered as she ceded control to him, and Ben let out a low growl.  He was so ready for her, so ready to taste her, knot her, give her everything she needed.

It was like a shot of heroin straight to the jugular. 

Rey’s scent was a drug, like everything else about her.  As he sank fully into the grip of his rut, he grabbed her ankles and tugged them apart, exposing her to him in all her pink, swollen glory. 

“Fuck.  Rey, you’re soaked.”  The words came out of him in a choked groan before he leaned down to press his mouth to her slick center.    He lapped at her greedily, pulling soft cries and gasps and moans from her.  The sounds fed him, and it became a struggle to restrain himself. He sucked her clit into his mouth and rolled his tongue against it as Rey bucked and writhed beneath him.

“Oh….Ben, yessss….”

He was drunk on her taste, high on the feel of her arousal.  There was no hiding anymore, no shame.  For tonight at least, Rey was all his. 

He reveled in every minute shift in her expression, the signs of pleasure zinging through her like an electrical charge.   Gingerly, Ben slid one thick finger inside and felt her flutter around him, making him groan. 

“You taste so sweet, baby girl.  Just as I remember.”

He couldn’t wait to feel her grip down on his cock.

He gave her another finger and she rocked back against him, her cries muffled as she buried her face in the pillow. Ben wanted to draw it out as long as he could, but her need for him was all-consuming, unlike anything he’d felt before.  Maybe with Zorrie, but this.....this was somehow different.

His eyes were locked on her as she felt apart on his tongue, her body seizing up with the pleasure, inhuman sounds slipping from her lips.

 

And immediately, he wanted to do it again.  He wanted to hear her make more of those sounds, just for him.  To know that he could bring them out of her.

Ben kissed her sweetly, giving her a chance to settle back slowly to Earth.  His dick was throbbing and heavy in his pants--he felt  he would perish if he couldn’t be inside her soon.

 He waited until the aftershocks ripping through her stopped, until she looked at him with such affection he thought his heart would stop.

“Feel good, Omega?”

Rey nodded, a playful smile on her lips.

“Yes.  Alph--Ben.  I need more.”

He was still doing his best to hold off, to slow down.

“Lie still, Rey,” he growled. “Close your eyes.  Just relax.”

She let out a sigh as his hands trailed over her back, down towards her hips.  Ben drew gentle circles on her hipbone, still kissing and licking at her gland.  His hands were so strong and gentle, all at once; she found it impossible to resist his touch.

When he let one of his fingers ghost over her tight, puckered hole, she shifted and let out a little moan.  It instantly made him wonder. 

“You’re so sensitive here, sweetheart,” he purred.  

"We've never.  I.....have a plug.  But we haven't."  

Ben hummed, thinking about the possibilities of being the first to take her there.  Virgin territory.  Something his brother had yet to claim.  Just for him.

“Alpha,” she breathed. "Ben."

“Yes, sweet girl.”

“I need you now, inside me.  Please."

Ben was barely holding on as he lined himself up with her entrance.   

Rey gasped and moaned as he rubbed the head of his cock against her sex, wetting himself with her fluids.  He notched inside her and then pushed in, but only halfway. She lay panting beneath him as he moved slowly til he was seated fully inside her.

"Rey," he groaned. 

"You feel so good, Ben...so good."

++


Holding the phone away from his ear, Kylo waited as it dialed Rey's number.  It immediately went to voicemail, and then he knew. 

 

Ben was with Rey.

His brother--with his mate.

Quenching the fire inside her, easing her pain. 

Giving her his knot. 

 

Anger and jealousy bloomed in his chest, cold and searing all at once.   In that moment, he hated  his brother.  Hated him for doing what he couldn't do. 

The phone hurtled across the room in a savage burst of fury and hit the wall, shattering the screen.  

 

 

Notes:

I'm sorry about the angst. Things will ease up once Kylo gets back home. 🤧

 

"Hole Hearted," Gary Cherone and Nuno Bettencourt. (Extreme). Pornograffiti, A&M Records, 1991.

Chapter 4: Here in your arms I found my paradise

Chapter Text

The sun was sinking low in the sky when Ben woke beside Rey.  He felt sticky and warm, and kind of gross, but so sated, as he stretched an arm out to rub her shoulder. 

He’d had her tied up on his knot for more than half an hour. They had lain togther, cuddling in a drowsy stupor, giggling about dumb shit on Twitter before his knot finally deflated and they both passed out.  He couldn't remember his knots lasting that long, but it had been years since he'd knotted anyone, and this was Rey. 

“Sweetheart,” he rasped.

No answer- just a sniffle and a shake of her shoulders.

A wave of fear rolled through him. “Rey?”

Ben pulled her toward him now, tilting her face up to his despite her effort to hide. When he saw the wet track down her cheek, he clucked his tongue.

“Oh, baby girl,” he groaned softly, wrapping her in his arms.

He held her close, rocking gently as the tears flowed silently.

“What is it?” he asked, even though he already knew.

"Kylo's hurting,” she sniffled.  "I can feel it.”

Ben squeezed his eyes shut. He should have seen this coming.

With a sigh, he held her away from him just to look into her eyes.

“Rey, he wanted to protect you. To do what he thought was right.”

“I know,” she nodded miserably. “That’s why this is so hard. When I woke up, I tried to text him but he didn’t answer."

“He’s probably sleeping.  He just needs to heal.”

She shook her head. “I can hear him calling for me.”

Ben frowned. If that was true, their bond was even stronger than he realized. Having a bond that strong wasn’t common, but then again, considering the way fate brought them together in the first place, maybe it wasn't so surprising. 

.

“Try again,” Ben suggested.

Rey did, staring at the phone with an anguished expression, willing a response.  

“Give it a little time.  Don't get stressed. I’ll go make you something to eat,” he offered. He felt her eyes on him as he slipped back into the sweatpants that lay in a pool on the floor. “Be right back.”

In the kitchen, he put together a plate for her: chunks of smoked turkey and cheese, French bread, sliced apples and green grapes. He carried it all back to the room with a large tumbler of ice water.

“Anything?”

“Not yet.”

Ben set the plate down on the bed beside her. “Rey…eat something.”

She reached for a handful of grapes and Ben pulled out his own phone, dialing Kylo’s number. It rang endlessly and finally went to voicemail. He was about to tell her they could try the nurse’s station when his phone rang back and he hit the button.

“Ky?”

“Honey, it’s me. His phone is damaged, he can’t use it.”

Leia.

Ben glanced over at Rey. “My mother’s at the hospital. Kylo’s phone is damaged.”

“Put Rey on, hon. Kylo’s dying to talk to her.”

“Sure.” He held the phone out and she grabbed for it.

“Alpha?”

The look of pure relief that washed over her features was both comforting and heart rending all at once.  Ben sighed. He thought about giving her privacy and then decided to wait. If she needed him to leave, she could tell him.

“When are you coming home?” she cried. Her eyes flickered up to Ben’s as she listened. “Are you sure that's okay, love?”

Ben had the distinct feeling that the little bubble of paradise he was enjoying with Rey was about to burst.

“Okay,” she murmured. “What happened to your phone?” Ben chewed his lower lip, watching as Rey listened and finally let out a nervous giggle.

“Oh, Alpha.” The fondness in her voice twisted his heart.

That's when it occurred to Ben: he probably broke the phone himself.

“I love you too, baby,” she cooed. “See you soon.” She turned back to Ben and held the phone out to him. “He wants to talk to you.”

“Hey, Ky.”

“Hey. She sounded a little upset, everything okay?” His voice was coarse, edged with concern.

Ben threw Rey a wink before leaving the room. “Yeah. She was just missing you.”

When we woke up, he almost added, biting back on the addendum just in time.

“Bro. It's been brutal, I can’t lie. I had no idea how hard the separation would would be,” Kylo admitted. 

Ben huffed lightly. He knew all about it, after Zorrie.   But that was week upon week of emptiness and despair that seriously had him considering taking his own life.

Kylo was lucky—his separation was a mere matter of days.

“So, what’s the plan then?” Ben asked.

“The plan is, Dr. B’s going to discharge me tomorrow. Dad’s gonna drive me up there. Says he wants to see the apartment anyway. And there’ll be someone coming from VHS. A nurse, or….someone who will come by, for a few days.”

Ben frowned. “A nurse. Really?”

“Hey. It’s part of the agreement. Doc’s orders. This way, neither of you will have to lift a finger for me. It’ll relieve some of the stress.”

Ben rubbed his mouth, hesitant to say it. “You know her heat’s not over, Ky.”

“Fuck. Ben--you don’t have to remind me! I'm having a hard enough time dealing with this shit as it is.  I’ll sleep in the guest bedroom. You two will stay in the master until it passes.”

Ben sighed. It all felt like a recipe for a disaster, somehow.  “I…I guess that’ll work.”

“It’ll have to,” Kylo shot back. “There’s no other choice, is there?"

Ben let his head loll back and inhaled deeply.

“You’re right. It’ll be fine.”

“Thanks.” Ben ignored the hint of snark in his brother's voice. At the same time, a little bubble of mirth rose in his chest.    Sarcastic or not, Kylo certainly didn't need to thank him. Should have been the other way around.

“Yeah. Might want to give a heads up when you’re on your way, okay?"

Kylo huffed. “I’ll be sure to do that.”

 

Ben hung up and slunk down into the couch. He figured he’d give Rey a minute, though he probably needed a minute himself.

He’d have only one more night with her alone. Of course, it was more than he’d ever expected, ever had the right to even hope for. 

He already knew, once Kylo was home, it would all be different. Just his presence alone would change things between them. Ben couldn't imagine him letting Rey sleep anywhere but beside him, in spite of what he'd said. 

Maybe Rey wouldn’t let Ben to touch her at all, after that.  The thought made acid rise in his throat. 

He turned the tv to a twenty-four hour news channel as a sense of numbness washed through him.

 

Rey padded into the room on bare feet, wearing a clean pair of shorts and another one of Kylo’s ancient t-shirts.

INXS – Listen Like Thieves.

Shit. That brought back  memories.

“You okay?”

He glanced over at Rey, soft and pretty and smelling like cinnamon and brown sugar. The late afternoon sunlight was warm on her freckles and made her eyes look even greener than usual.

He wished he could kiss every single freckle on her body.

He smothered that thought and offered her a thin smile, patting the couch beside him. To his surprise, she settled herself in his lap, her back pressed to his chest. At the feel of her familiar weight against his crotch, his dick stood up to say hello.

“You don’t mind, do you?” she asked with a coy grin. 

Ben chuckled, shifting forward to draw her in closer. “Never. You can sit in my lap anytime, Sweetheart."

Except maybe when my brother's around.

Rey hummed and squirmed against him, fully aware of his length growing thicker beneath her.

“We should watch a movie,” she chirped.

“Sure, if that’s what you want.”

“Did you ever see Do The Right Thing?”

“Umm, I think....” Ben was finding it harder to concentrate on anything  right then, as the blood rushed south.

Rey turned to look at him over her shoulder. “Oh, you’d know if you saw it,” she insisted. “It’s a modern classic.” 


“I….I honestly don’t remember.”

“Well, then we’re watching it,” she said with a definitive shake of her head.

She turned to reach for the remote, the shift in position causing his erection to nudge against her tush. 

“Ooh, is that a banana in your pocket, or are you just happy to see me?” she smirked, cocking an eyebrow at him.

Ben barked a laugh and watched the screen as Rey began shuffling through to find Netflix. He nuzzled into her neck, passing his tongue over her gland.

“Omega, are you suggesting that I Netflix and chill with you?” he gasped in mock indignation.

Rey giggled, a sound so sweet it made him want to crush her to his chest and never let go.  Ben could smell her through the layers of fabric, the warmth of her skin pulsing  under his fingers as he pushed up the sleeves to stroke her arms.


“Should I tell you about the history of this t-shirt?” he purred, kissing the sweet spot under her ear once and then again, delighted when he felt her shiver.

“Yes….tell me…”

Ben smiled. He knew he had her now.

“Well, it once belonged to our dad," he began. "He saw the band in concert and loved them.” A hand  slipped under the hem of the shirt and landed  on her smooth, flat belly.

“Somehow, he managed to keep it…” hypnotically, a finger circled her bellybutton before climbing higher to reach a nipple. Ben brushed the pad of his thumb over it, feeling it harden and Rey let out a soft moan.

“Kylo and I were in fifth grade when we found it in an old trunk. He claimed it first, but of course, I wanted to wear it, too….”

She was leaning more of her weight back against him now, lashes fluttering as his other hand slid inside the waistband of her shorts. 

“So Han said we’d have to share,” he whispered. 

“Sharing is good,” she agreed airily. “Twins should share.” Ben’s fingers slipped into the wetness between her legs and he let out a low growl.

“Think so?”

“Mmhm.”

“Tell you the truth, I can’t blame him for wanting you all to himself, Omega.”

Rey’s eyes flickered open and she licked her lips.

“I understand....because that’s exactly what I want."

She let out a soft moan, but whether more of pleasure or protest, Ben couldn’t be sure.  

“Ben.”

He continued to tease her slit, moving up and down slowly, from clit to entrance, coating his fingers in her slick.

“What do you need, Rey.  Say it.”

“I…..I want you inside, Alpha.”

“Again, so soon? Greedy little Omega," he teased, licking at her gland.  

“Ahh, Bennn..."

“Gonna make you come this way first, pretty girl.”

She was gasping and writhing on his lap, the pressure rising in her core.

“If only..." he sighed longingly. 

“Wha—what?”

“If only Kylo would share you with me…would you like that?”

“Yes,” she gasped. “Gonna come—”

“Good girl. Come for me.”

Rey came, her climax rocketing through her like a shooting star.

++

 

Rey was snuggled against Ben’s chest as her breathing slowed.  He would happily have stayed in the same position, holding her, for as long as she’d let him.   

There was the trill of a cellphone on the coffee table.  When he saw the name that popped up, Ben let out a breath and reached for it, jostling Rey in the process.

 Kaia had texted him a few times over the past two days.  It wasn't fair to keep ignoring her.

         “Hey sweet girl,” he crooned into the phone, settling back against the couch. 

Rey cracked an eye open, suddenly very curious.

            “Yeah, I’m sorry.  Just family stuff.  How’s your week been?”

 Invested now, Rey gracefully extricated herself from Ben’s grip and got to her feet.  She flashed him a pointed glare before settling back onto the couch with a small space between them.  He met her eyes and gave a little shake of his head.

Not now.

 Barely masking her curiosity, Rey got to her feet and sashayed to the kitchen.  She kept one ear primed to hear as much of Ben’s end of the conversation as she could. 

            “Yeah, he’s coming home tomorrow. Doc’s sending an aide.”  His eyes snapped up to meet Rey, who was watching him intently.  He raised his eyebrows in response.   Is there a problem? 

She gave him a tight smile and a shrug, still refusing to turn away. 

           “I’m not sure, baby girl.  Probably at the end of the week.  I’ll let you know.”

  Rey hummed.  Kaia must have asked how soon he was coming home; she clearly missed her boyfriend.  

But of course, she did.

She shuffled off down the hall back to the bedroom.  She tugged one of Kylo’s sweatshirts from the laundry to add to the nest she’d built in the corner.  After rearranging everything just so, she settled down into it and breathed in his scent, letting it wash over her.    

She couldn’t wait to have him home tomorrow.   She was hungry for his touch, his laugh, the sound of his voice calling her name.

Ben sounded just like him, of course.  Ben was sweet and caring and he’d been so good to her, so tender when he gave her his knot.  She squirmed a bit at the memory.  Yes, Ben was a generous lover as well as a beautiful Alpha.  Kaia was lucky to have him.

But he wasn’t Kylo.  No one in the world understood her the way he did. 

 

Rey was caught up her daydream when Ben appeared in the doorway.   She looked up and gave him a lazy smile.

           “Hey…sorry bout that,” he chuckled.

 Rey shrugged. “No need,” she said honestly. “So, she misses you, huh?”

 He scratched his jaw absently. “Yeah, looks that way,” he huffed. 

Rey turned on her side to face him directly. “Can’t blame her.  I hope I get the chance to meet her one day,” Rey tried.

           “Well, you would have, if the big guy hadn’t gone and gotten himself all banged up on the road.”

She rolled her eyes. “Ben, why not give it a shot with her? It could work out.”

He shook his head. “Rey, Zorrie’s gone.  I’ll never have another mate again.  And I’ll never get married.”

She frowned. “Why not?”

           “Because it wouldn’t be the same.  I enjoy Kaia’s company and I care about her a lot, but as far as getting married, it just wouldn’t work for me.”

          “Alphas and Betas get married all the time,” Rey argued.

           “No shit, Rey.  You’ve met my parents, right?”  he snipped.

Right.  She’d forgotten that Han was a Beta.  She knew he and Leia had a trying relationship, but Rey wasn’t convinced that their designations were to blame.

            “Look, it’s fine for people who choose it.  Just not for me.”

            “Well, then find an Omega!” she blurted, regretting it the moment it came out. 

Ben barked a laugh, staring at her with his mouth agape.  “Come on, Rey.  When was the last time you met an un-mated Omega over the age of twenty-two?

That gave her pause.  “I don’t know.”

 He sighed. “Exactly.  Because there aren’t any."

              “You can’t know that for sure.”

.            “Why are you suddenly so interested in my love life, hmm?” His dark eyes glittered with curiosity.

             “I just…..I want you to be happy, Ben,” she said simply.

He crouched down beside her nest and stroked her cheek.  “I am happy, Sweetheart.  Especially right now.”

            I’m happy whenever I’m near you.

            “Did you mean what you said earlier?” he asked softly.  “About Kylo…?”

 Rey bit her lip.  “Well, you know him as well as I do, if not better.  What do you think?”

Ben sighed. “Probably not…..”

              “Right.”

               “But…”

               “But…? But what?”

                Ben shrugged.  “Sometimes people change, Rey.”            

 

+++

Saturday

 

                “Your mother wanted to come along, but she had some big brunch to attend this morning.  But I’m sure she’ll get up there sometime during the week, if she can.” Han smirked.

They were sitting in his hospital room, waiting for the discharge papers to be signed. 

                “Yeah.  I’m sure she’ll find a reason to come up,” Kylo agreed.

                “Well, it helps that you’re less than an hour away now.  And you might appreciate that, just in case you two end up with a little Solo running around the place.”

Kylo huffed a laugh.  Ever since he and Rey had gotten hitched, Han seemed to use every excuse to bring up the possibility of a little Solo.

                “Honestly, I don’t know who’s worse, her or you.”

                “Like I said, you might appreciate it one day."

            “There he is,” Dr. Kenobi called genially as he entered, wearing a broad grin.  He and Han embraced and made small talk as Kylo drummed his fingers impatiently on his thigh.

                “Look, I hate to break up this heartfelt reunion, but I really need to get home to my Omega,” Kylo bristled.

                “Ahh, chomping at the bit, of course.  No worries, you’re free to go.  Just make sure that you follow your discharge instructions and listen to whatever the aide tells you.  She’ll be well-apprised of your condition.  And no putting weight on the leg." 

 Kylo grunted his agreement and reached for the crutches but Ben Kenobi stopped him once again.

           “One other thing,” he said sternly. “Sleeping arrangements.”

  Ben cocked an eyebrow at him. “What about them?”

Kenobi glanced at Han for a moment.  “I know you’ll want to sleep in the same bed as Rey….”

Kylo winced.  He was already regretting telling his brother that he’d take the guest room.  “And?"


           “I have no problem with that, but I seriously advise you to keep your snake in its cage, at least for another week.  By then you'll have the brace on."

Kylo groaned and rolled his eyes.  Han covered his mouth discreetly to keep himself in check.

           “I’m not saying that she can’t touch you…” Dr. Kenobi clarified.  “But you should limit any sexual activity to just that.  No penetration,  Kylo."

 Kylo widened his eyes. “What if she—” he gestured to suggest Rey straddling him.

            “No, not yet.  Even that could put pressure on your leg.  Besides that, you’ll run the risk of further injury if she moves the wrong way.”

Kylo blew out a frustrated breath and shook his head.     

     “You’re killing me here, doc.”

Ben Kenobi gave him a knowing grin. “Oh, but you’ll thank me for this, one day, Kylo,” he promised.

            “Doubt it,” Kylo muttered, and the two older men laughed.          

++

 

Kylo borrowed his father's phone during the drive up to White Plains so he could warn both Rey and Ben of his approach.

There was no point in explaining to Han how Ben had been caring for Rey in his absence.  Experience had taught him that Han dismissed any information about heats, ruts and mating bites as too much information.   Fortunately, though, as an Alpha, Leia was always happy to inject her two cents into any such situation when necessary (and sometimes when unnecessary).  

                “Do we need to stop anywhere?” Han asked as they pulled off the ramp into the downtown plaza.

                “No, we should be fine.  The fridge was already stocked up  before I went in, and I can always send Ben out if I need to.”

                “You got it, kid.”

 

A short time later, they pulled up in front of the building.  Han slung Kylo's small bag over his shoulder and helped him  out of the car and onto his crutches.  He was so eager to get into the elevator and upstairs, Han had to warn him to slow down—twice.

 

The key turned in the lock and Han pushed the door open.

 

                “Honey, we’re home!” Han sang out.

Kylo lumbered into the entryway, already hating  the crutches.  He wore a plain blue t-shirt and a pair of black basketball shorts that displayed his wrapped knee, grateful for the warm weather than made getting dressed and undressed that much easier. 

Ben popped out of the kitchen with a mug of something in his hand.

                “Hey, little brother.  Hey dad,” he said, with an awkward smile.

                Han walked over to embrace his older son. “You look good, Ben.”

                “Where’s Rey?” Kylo barked.

                “Oh…she’s taking a shower,” Ben explained sheepishly.  “She uh, slept late.”

Kylo narrowed his eyes, fully aware of the implication.  No doubt they had been fucking before he arrived—probably when he sent the texts.

                “The room’s all set up for you,” Ben added helpfully, reaching for Kylo’s bag.  “Come on, dad.  I’ll give you the grand tour.”

                “I’m not sleeping in that room,” Kylo announced.  Ben turned, eyebrows raised.

                “What, now?”

                “I changed my mind.  I’m sleeping in my own bed.  With Rey.  You can have the guest room."

               

              

 

Chapter 5: And if I lose your love I know I would die

Chapter Text

 

Ben stared at his brother for a long moment, lips parted in surprise. He had been telling himself to expect this, but somehow, that didn't matter.

“That’s not what you said yesterday,” he bleated, disappointment blooming cold and black in his chest.

“Yeah, Ben. I know what I said. But that was yesterday.” Even leaning on the crutches, Kylo’s stance straightened as he stared his brother down in a show of dominance. His eyebrows lifted slowly, daring Ben to a challenge.

Han stood, eyes darting between his two sons as he readied himself for confrontation.

Ben shook his head slowly. “Un-fucking real,” he muttered bitterly. “You really think that’s a good idea?”

“Doc said it was fine as long as we were careful. He spelled it all out—”

Han furrowed his brow as the scenario became clearer.

“But she’s not done—”

“I’m aware, Ben. We’ll figure it out.”

“—selfish bastard—

"What?" Kylo snorted. 

“Ben,” Han chided. “Maybe you should back off. Kylo needs time with Rey.”

“Exactly."

“I know, dad, but she’s in heat.”

At the mention of the dreaded word, his father raised both hands in surrender.

“Kylo’s not going to be able to give her what she needs.” Ben crossed his arms in defiance, mirroring Kylo’s expression.

"Ben, shut it."

“Boys, this is not the time to argue. Ky, let’s get you settled in your room, and you guys can work this out later. Preferably after I leave.”

“Exactly. My room.

They were interrupted by the sound of a door opening down the hall, and three sets of eyes turned. Rey emerged from the bathroom in a fluffy terrycloth robe, rubbing a towel through her wet hair. She let out a little shriek of a joy when she saw Kylo.

“Alpha!”

“Baby girl,” he crooned. His whole body relaxed when he saw her, face softening into a lopsided grin.

Rey dashed over to him, looking like she ready to jump into his arms, but she stopped herself at the last moment.  She buried her face in Kylo's chest and took a deep breath.

          “M’ so glad you’re home, Alpha," she sighed.

She leaned up on tiptoes to meet his lips and they kissed tenderly.  Ben couldn’t stop himself from rolling his eyes and turning away, a gesture that did not go unnoticed by his father.

             “I missed you so much, little one.”

Rey broke away long enough to give Han a hug as well.  “Hey, Dad,” she smirked.

           “Hey, kid.  Just in time to avert disaster." 

 Rey tilted her head in confusion. "Hmm?"

           “Never mind. Come on, let’s get you to your room,” Han ordered.

The three of them walked down the hall to the master bedroom. Ben sighed in frustration and started to pace. 

Ben knew that he’d been more than lucky, just to have Rey to himself for two days.   Two days by her side, just being close to her, and one glorious night in her arms. 

And now, it was all over. 

But her heat would last at least another day, maybe two.  The idea that Ben wouldn’t be able to give her what she needed, just because Kylo was home, just seemed unfair. 

Ben knew it was ridiculous, but he felt...cheated. 

 

He was standing in the kitchen, feeling defeated, when Han rejoined him. 

            “It’s a nice apartment,” his father supplied calmly, and Ben chuckled.  Leave it to Han to smoothly avoid the elephant in the room.

              “You want coffee? Water?” Ben offered.

             “Coffee, in this heat?” Han scoffed.

              “Well, they have the iced stuff, too.  Bottled.”

Han shrugged. “Nah.  Water’s fine. Although, I wouldn’t say no to a beer, if you offered.”

 Ben smirked and glanced at his watch. “Little early, don’t you think?”

              “Five o’clock somewhere,” Han quipped.

Like a dutiful son, Ben reached into the fridge and dug out two Blue Moons, handing one to this father.  Han flashed his trademark Solo grin.

             “I could see why you needed it,” he said.

Ben chuckled.  He moved toward the couch and Han followed.    

             “Did someone bake earlier?” Han asked suddenly.  “Smells like freshly baked cookies.”

Ben pressed his lips together in amusement.  Betas usually didn’t pick up on scents the way Alphas and Omegas did, and when they did, they didn’t make the association with a person.

             “That’s Rey, dad. That’s her heat signature.”

 Han huffed, suddenly embarrassed. “Oh.”

               “Yeah.”

Han raised his eyebrows again and chuckled.  “Well, no wonder you guys are fighting over her.”

Ben nearly spat out his beer. “We’re not—not fighting over her….”

               “Could have fooled me.”

              “No, it’s just…..” Ben let out a weary sigh, not wanting to explain how his brother had asked him to step in as a heat surrogate.  Han would never understand.

                “It’s an Alpha thing, okay?”

   Han nodded thoughtfully and took another swig of his beer. “Does she know how you feel?”

 Startled, Ben turned to face his father squarely.

                “Is it that obvious?”

Han chuckled. “Well, it is to me.  But then I noticed it at the wedding.   Kylo was looking at her like she was his entire world, and …..you were looking at her the same way.”

  Ben drank in his father’s words and took a minute before swallowing them down.

                “Fuck.  You think he noticed?”

Han shrugged.  “Well, your brother is a fool at times, that’s true.  But he’d have to be completely blind not to have figured it out by now.”

They sat quietly for awhile longer until Han finished his beer.

               “Well, I should probably get on the road.”  Han chuckled knowingly. “They’re not going to be out anytime soon.”

Ben nodded. “I think I’ll head out with you.  Get some fresh air.  Maybe walk to the market.”

"Good idea.”

 

+++

 In the bedroom, Kylo was stretched out on the sheets, his head propped up with a couple pillows, legs spread.   Rey knelt beside him, still in her robe, stroking his thigh teasingly.  He was already hard for her, tenting his shorts, aching for her to touch him. 

             “I missed you so much, Alpha,” she murmured. 

His hungry gaze roamed over her, eyes feasting on her sweet smile and pretty pink lips, dipping down for a moment to the sacred valley between her tits that were still hidden for the moment.  

            “Rey.  I was going crazy, not being able to see you, touch you….scent you…” he whispered. One finger tugged at the opening of her robe.  “Please, Omega.  Take this off, now.  I can’t wait anymore. Need to see you."

She gave him a teasing grin and clucked her tongue.       “Alpha, we have to be careful.  I'm not taking any chances."

             “Rey, please.  I’ll be fine, just… touch me….” he begged.

            Rey bit her lip.  "I suppose that would be okay...."

                Kylo’s breaths were coming faster now, and his voice was thick with lust.

                “Please, Rey.  Please.  Need you so bad."

Rey smirked.  She couldn’t remember when Kylo had ever been reduced to begging her, for anything.  He was always the one in control, which made sense—he was her Alpha, after all.  And she’d never let it be said that she didn’t love it when he took control.

But she was finding she liked being the one to set the pace, just this once.  It was a heady feeling.

Her fingers trailed upwards, tracing the muscles of his thigh til she reached the bulge in his shorts.  She licked her lips and slid a hand gingerly under the waistband, drawing them down with his boxers. 

When she took him in hand, running her thumb over the milky bead of precum at the tip, he hissed; the sound went straight through her body, making her clit throb.

She started moving with slow, lazy strokes, reveling in the way he watched her through hooded eyes,  his face flushed and lips parted.

       “Yes—yes, Omega.  Soo good.  You’re so good to me, baby girl,” he panted.            

She rewarded him with a wicked smile.

            “I should be taking care of you, right now,” he groaned.

            “S’okay, Alpha…s’okay,” she soothed, her voice low and dark.  Watching him like this was stoking the fire inside and she knew the cramps would start up again before long.  But for now, she just wanted to take care of her Alpha.

Rey leaned over to take the tip of him between her lips and he groaned again. “Uhh….careful, baby girl….” he whispered. 

True, it was rather awkward, from this angle, as she struggled not to lean on him too much.   It would have been easier if she had been lying between his legs, but she didn’t want to take the chance of putting any pressure on his bad knee.  But she continued anyway, taking him deeper and deeper still.  Once she felt him at the back of her throat, Kylo shuddered.

            “I’m close….so close already…”

Rey bobbed her head a few more times, sucking and slurping at him until she felt him twitch on her  tongue.  That’s when she knew, he was right there.

She pulled off, leaving a thin thread of saliva connecting them briefly as she continued to work him with her hand.  It was much easier this way, and she wanted to see his face in the moment.

           “Come for me, Alpha. On my tits.”

Kylo’s eyes fluttered shut as he let go with a groan, painting her chest with thick spurts of  sticky, creamy white. 

             “My sweet Omega….”

When he opened his eyes, Rey was smiling.  She leaned forward to kiss him gently.

                “Better, baby?”

                “So, so much better,” he grinned.  But the smile melted away slowly as he remembered her condition.  “I need to take care of you, little one.  But aren't you gonna clean up first?"

Rey scooped up a fingerful of his cum and sucked it clean.
   

        "My sweet, dirty little Omega.  We're gonna take care of you," he repeated. He snatched his t-shirt from the bedpost and cleaned her up with it.  

            “Don’t worry, Alpha.  I’m okay now. You should rest.”

Kylo’s brow darkened.  “Where’s Ben? Did he leave?"

 

++

After saying goodbye to his father, Ben wandered the few blocks away from the building to the Galaxy Market.  He had no idea why he was going there, just that he felt the need to get out of the apartment.  Now that Kylo was home, Ben felt cut off, shut out from their relationship in a way he never had before.  He tried not to think about how the past few days had only intensified his feelings for Rey, how this experience would make it so much harder once he had to leave.

Up until now, Ben had been able to go about his business back home in San Fran and not be constantly tormented with thoughts of Rey.  He thought about her, of course, but in the thick of his everyday life, it was much easier to ignore the way she hovered, like a bright cloud, over everything he did.  He had accepted that she would never be his, that it was just the way things were, and he could pretend that it didn’t matter.  He could date Kaia or whomever else he chose and lie to himself that he was happy, that he was content.

But after this week….he knew he wouldn’t be able to lie to himself anymore. 

He wandered the aisles of Galaxy in a daze, a plastic cart dangling carelessly from his long fingers.  He never even noticed the lingering, covetous eyes of women who stared as he passed by.  In the frozen foods aisle, he stopped to look at the ice cream.  He sighed, wondering if he should get more.  Some fancy brand of gelato was on sale—did Rey like gelato? It seemed a no-brainer, gelato was just a thicker more luxurious version of American ice cream, right?

He gave in and chose two different flavors.  As he was throwing them into the basket, his cell rang, breaking him out of his reverie.   

“Rey, what’s up?”

“Where the fuck are you?”

Of course: Kylo didn’t have a new phone yet.

At least his brother sounded a little calmer now, less on edge.  Well..a little, anyway. 

And Ben had a pretty good idea why.

“I went for a walk, that okay?”

“Look, can you come back? Like, right now?”

“Yeah….?”

“Rey needs you.”

Ben swallowed hard. “I’ll be there in five minutes.”

 

+++

He used the spare set of keys to enter the apartment.   

His heart was pounding as he walked down the hall, pausing to cock an ear at the shut bedroom door. 

It was quiet. 

Ben knocked quietly. “Kylo? Rey?”

“It’s not locked,” a soft voice called. 

The door creaked open slowly.  Kylo was still stretched out, a pillow under his knee.  Rey was clinging to his side, whimpering softly.  She was flushed, pupils dilated the way they always get during a heat spike.  She was clearly naked, covered only by a lightweight sheet, and Kylo was stroking between her legs.  

Ben nearly dropped the bag.

“Well? You coming in, or what?” Kylo glowered.

Ben’s mouth had gone completely dry; words were hard right then.

“Yeah, I’ll—I’ll be right there," he blurted.

It took him less than a minute to throw the ice cream into the freezer and pour himself a glass of water.  He drank it quickly as the realization washed over him...

He was about to knot Rey in front of his brother. 

He kicked his sneakers off and pulled his shirt over his head before he even got back to the door.

 

His eyes went right to Rey.  She was panting softly, a thin sheen of sweat covering her. She was clearly in pain, and in need.   

            “Hurry up,” Kylo ordered.

Ben’s eyes snapped to his brother. “You sure you want me to do this….in front of you?”

            “Ben! It’s either that or you don’t do it at all.  And look at her….” he sighed.  The passionate concern in his voice was more than enough to convince Ben.

It was all the confirmation he needed. 

As he stripped off his sweats and boxers, Ben thanked the powers that be for their King-sized mattress.

Fully naked, hard cock jutting proudly, Ben approached the bed.  His eyes softened as he held Rey’s gaze.  There were tears pricking at the corners of her eyes.

          “Move more to the middle, Sweetheart.”  He could knot her from behind; this way, she could have eye contact with Kylo the whole time.   Kylo grunted his approval as she pushed even closer to him, her upper body draped across his chest.

Ben slowly tugged the sheet all the way down, his breath hitching as her lovely, lithe form was revealed to him once again. 

                “Ben….hurts…” she whimpered.

                “Shhh.  I’ll make it better, Sweetheart."

Kylo’s left eye twitched, and Ben wondered if it was from the endearment or what was about to happen.  But there was not time to speculate on that now.   He leaned close and pressed his lips to Rey’s softly.

             “Turn more on your side,” he said gently.

Ben crawled up behind her, his dick between her ass cheeks.  He could already feel the slick coating her inner thighs.  With no preamble, he notched himself at her opening and pushed slowly.  She was so ready for him, there was no resistance.

             “Yess.…ahh, so good….Alpha….”

Her head fell forward onto Kylo’s chest, and he leaned down to kiss her crown. Kylo's eyes flickered back to his  brother and he nodded his accordance. 

Ben fucked her slowly, tenderly.  He knew she needed relief, but he wanted to draw this out as long as possible—for purely selfish reasons, if he was honest.   All the while, Kylo cooed softly to her, as he stroked her hair and played with her nipples.

The intimacy of the moment was mind-blowing, for each of them.

As her cries escalated, Ben picked up the pace.  Each time she clenched around him, he groaned.   Kylo slipped a hand down to her clit again to rub rough circles.

“Good girl…that’s it, little one….”

Rey’s eyes rolled back in her head as she came with a choked cry, her whole body vibrating. 

When Ben met his brother’s eyes again, Kylo was actually smirking at him. 

The squeezing of her pussy triggered Ben’s orgasm and he swore under his breath as he filled her up with his spend.  His knot was swollen to the max, locking them together. 

Ben buried his face in Rey’s hair as the drowsy bliss of the knotting phase took hold.   He was dimly aware of his brother watching as he gave himself to sleep.

 

At that moment, he knew one thing for sure: nothing would ever be the same again. 

 

 

Chapter 6: Say you'll always be my baby

Summary:

I fully blame DyadDU and KyloTrashForever for instilling me with this new passion for BenLo. 😄 You guys are the best, thank you!! 💜💜

Chapter Text

When Ben opened his eyes, he felt like he’d lost track of time.  His whole body was still vibrating with Rey’s touch, Rey's scent, the feel of her cunt still wrapping him tight, his cock still pulsing rhythmically inside her.  His eyes fluttered closed as he came again.  It was muted, much softer this time, but it still felt fucking amazing.

                “Holy shit, Rey,” he groaned into her hair.

Moments later, his eyes opened again; this time, his awareness of exactly where he was snapped back into place, jarring his body and mind.   

He remembered he and Rey weren’t alone--Kylo was staring back at him, a mixture of frustration and hunger on his face.   

                “You okay?” Ben asked softly.

Kylo grunted.  “Well, if you mean, am I having a hard time with all of this, the answer is yes ..and no.  I’m glad you’re here.  There's no other Alpha I would ask to do this."

Ben was nodding vigorously, because yeah, of course he knew it.  He knew it in his bones the way only one twin can understand another.   And Ben was certain that, if the tables had been reversed, Kylo would be the only one he would trust to care for his mate during her heat. That thought triggered another small wave of sadness, because it would never happen. Zorrie was gone for good.   But somehow, Rey had managed to worm her way into his heart, stirring feelings of sheer joy and devastating loss at the same time.  But it wasn’t her fault—she belonged to his brother, and that would not change.

Ben’s eyes shifted down to where Kylo’s palm was resting on the quilt as he cupped himself.  Ben swallowed thickly.

              “Want me to....wake her up?” he asked softly.

Kylo shook his head slowly, his eyes dropping back down to the sliver of Rey’s face he could see.   She was still breathing the deep, even breath of sleep. 

                “No,” he said.  “I’ll….I can handle it.”

Not knowing exactly what was making him do it, Ben reached his hand out and rested it gently on the throbbing mound between Kylo’s legs.  He did nothing at first, just rested there, heat seeping  out from underneath the blanket.  Kylo's eyes went wide and he let out a soft groan. 

                “Ben—what…?”

Ben shushed him and took Kylo’s hardening length inside his warm palm.  “It’s okay,” he assured softly.  “I got you.”  His fingers fumbled with the blanket, tugging it down far enough to expose Kylo’s boxers, his throbbing hard-on straining against the thin fabric.   Kylo sucked in a sharp breath as his brother made quick work of  releasing him from the restrictive fabric.   The minute his cock was free, Ben’s thumb went up to stroke the silvery precum leaking from his tip. Kylo’s mouth dropped open, but he was clearly incapable of speech.

                “If I’m helping Rey, I can help my brother too, right?” Ben asked as if it was the most natural response in the world. 

Kylo didn’t seem to be able to muster the strength or the breath.  He was panting lightly as Ben stroked him slowly from tip to base and back again.

                “Fuck,” was the extent of Kylo’s ability to verbalize.  His eyes were wide as he melted into the feeling, the look on his face hovering between disbelief and pure desire. 

Both brothers had distant memories of experimenting with each other's bodies when they were boys.  But that was before puberty, before they both presented, and before they'd discovered girls.

But this.....  this was something else. 

Ben didn’t stop, and only increased his strokes slowly.  He instinctively knew what Kylo liked, of course, and there was something about the feeling of touching his twin that was….unexpectedly, incredibly arousing.

                “Oh shit,” Rey piped up.  

It was at that moment when both twins became aware that she was awake and watching.  Her face was taut with a startling ferocity—she had never seen, or thought she'd see Ben touching his brother—not like this.

But she didn't look bothered.  No...quite the opposite, in fact.

Kylo's eyes met hers for a moment, desperate and pleading, and Rey bit her lip and nodded.  There was no question that she liked it.   That was all he needed to know.  His eyes fluttered shut as he melted into his brother's touch.   

             "Fuck.  Don't...don't stop, Ben." 

Nestled snugly between them, Rey's eyes popped as she watched Ben--still firmly embedded inside her--stroke Kylo's length up and down, his cock growing thicker and longer as Ben continued.  

Ben's phone jingled dully from the bedside table, but none of them paid it any attention.   Rey's focus was completely fixed on Kylo--his eyes, the way his face scrunched up in the pleasure his twin was giving him.   If this had been a different kind of threesome, Rey might have been throwing out advice on how to get her man off.  But none of that was necessary here; Ben knew Kylo's body as well as his own.  Rey never thought watching them like this would be one of the most erotic things she'd ever seen.  It was supremely intimate and tender while being unbelievably hot. 

She watched in fascination at the way Ben gripped Kylo's cock, jerking him off almost roughly.  Kylo let out a low groan as he neared his release, and Rey knew. 

 She inched closer, leaning down to catch Kylo's cum on her tongue. 

 

After--the three of them lay suspended in a euphoric daze, bodies pressed close together.   No one spoke for a long while until Kylo finally broke the silence. 

            “Might be a good idea to check your messages.  Your phone was vibrating a few times while you guys were napping."

Ben frowned and reached behind him to pluck it from the bedside table.    “What?”


            “I figured it might be the nurse.  Mom gave Doc Ben your number so she could reach you. This is around the time she’d show up.”

            “Shit,” Ben muttered. “Why didn’t you wake me?”


Kylo smirked and gave him a little shrug. “Well, its not like you could get up and answer the door now, is it?”


Ben huffed.  “Good point.” His eyes scanned down the phone as he scrolled. “She sent a couple texts. Her name is Bazine.  She’s waiting in a coffee shop around the corner.”

          

           “Bazine? What a weird name,” Rey croaked. 

          “Call her back," Ben ordered. "Make sure she knows we’re here.”


Kylo nodded, lips set in a tight line. He knew damn well that the knotting phase shouldn’t be rushed, and Rey’s well-being always came first. He dialed the number and listened as the call rang several times before going to voicemail.


Ben nuzzled Rey's neck and breathed her in.   He was covered in her scent now; it was all over the room, and it was the best thing he'd ever smelled.  His tongue snaked out to lick at her mating gland, making his eyes flutter at the warm, sweet taste of her skin.  He couldn't have said what was better: being inside her, or just holding her in his arms this way.   The knot had gone down at last, but Ben couldn't keep from wishing they could just lie like this for the rest of the day--or the rest of the week, if such a thing were possible.

 

+++

 

A good half hour later,  his knot had gone down and Ben had scrambled to take a quick shower.  When the bell rang, he opened it to find an attractive young woman in glasses and green scrubs standing there.  Her long brown hair was pulled back into a high ponytail, which he assumed was mainly meant to be practical, but which was very flattering, nonetheless.

            “You must be Bazine.  I’m Ben,” he smiled and beckoned her inside.

She entered the apartment and gave the place a quick once over.   Ben took advantage of the moment to check her out.  She was tall and slender with high cheekbones; the way she moved was quick and efficient, like a bird. Fluttery.  The thought wasn’t lost on Ben that if he wasn’t technically in a relationship, and besides that, totally gone on Rey, he might  have thought about making a move—even if she was a Beta.

            “Sorry again that we kept you waiting,” he said genuinely.

            She gave a little shrug. “Oh, it was no big deal.  Gave me a chance to take a little break is all.”

            “That’s good, at least.  Come meet Kylo.”

They walked down the hall to the master bedroom, where Kylo was relaxing, head propped up with pillows.  He was flipping through a copy of Popular Mechanics that he’d swiped from the hospital waiting room.

            “Ky, this is Bazine.”

She let out a little pleased gasp. “Oh….I had no idea you two were twins,” she said.

Kylo looked up and gave her a wolfish grin. “Oh…hey, there.”

Ben noted the slight flush that crossed Bazine’s face, the flirtatious way she bit her lip.  He glanced back at his younger brother and smirked.  A moment of silent communication passed between them. 

            “Kylo’s wife isn’t feeling well right now, or she’d want to meet you for sure.  For now, she’s relaxing in the other room.”

            “Ahh, I see,” Bazine replied, with a slight note of disappointment in her voice. “Well, let me take a look at that knee.  You were just released from the hospital today, is that right?” She was right to business. 

            “I’ll leave you to it,” Ben mumbled, backing out of the room and down the hall to the guest room.  

Back to where Rey was waiting for him. 

 

            He opened the door to find her dozing lightly in his bed, which delighted him.  Now her scent would be on everything.  If only he could bottle it up and take it home with him.  

            “Hey sweetheart,” he cooed. “The nurse is here.” Ben climbed onto the bed beside her, curling up almost the way they’d been not twenty minutes earlier. 

            “Mmm. She nice?”

Ben chuckled lightly. “Nice enough, sure.” His fingers raked gently through her hair. “She’s young. Pretty, too.”

Rey’s eyes snapped open. “Pretty?”

In that second, Ben realized his mistake. “She’s cute, yeah. But you know Kylo only has eyes for you.”               

Rey went silent, staring straight ahead.   

            “Hey….” Ben soothed, turned her face towards him. “You have nothing to worry about, Rey.  You know that, don’t you?”

Rey licked her lips and tossed off a little shrug.    “Yeah…..I guess so.”

            “No, Rey.  You can’t guess.  You have to know.  Kylo loves you more than anything.  He’d never even think of messing around.  Besides, if he was ever stupid enough to do that, I’d have to kill him myself,"  Ben joked.

And then.. you’d be mine.

            “Yeah,” she agreed.  “You’re right.”

He laughed softly against her skin. “Yeah? About which part?”

Rey pressed her hand against his chest, and Ben’s heart beat just a little faster.

            “All of it.”

 

++

 

A little later, Ben headed for the kitchen to make Rey a snack.  After their last session--which was even more intense, thanks to Kylo's presence--she was in a lull right now, but he knew she’d need him again soon.  He knew how important it was to keep up her strength.   

He dug out a large plate and was filling it with cubes of cheese and smoked turkey.  He found a bunch of red grapes in the produce drawer and added them, singing softly to himself.

            “Say you’ll always be my baby, we can make it shine…We can take forever, just a minute at a time…more than a woman…”

Ben was startled by sudden movement behind him when Bazine entered the kitchen. 

            “May I have a glass? Kylo asked for some water.”

Ben nodded and reached into the cupboard to get one for her.   "There's a Brita in the fridge." 

            “I didn’t realize that they were bonded,” she said, her voice wavering as she filled the glass.  

            “Ah. Doc Kenobi didn’t tell you, huh?” amused, Ben popped a grape into his mouth and crunched loudly.

            “No. I saw the bite mark and I asked him about it….” 

            “Okay…and?” Ben raised his eyebrows.

            “He said she’s in heat,” she said slowly.

Ben only nodded.  He knew a lot of Betas had very limited knowledge of the mating process between Alphas and Omegas.  But she was a medical professional, after all.  She should know.

            “Sorry,” she said with a little smile. “I haven’t been in the field for very long and haven’t had much direct contact with Alphas.  Especially Alphas that look like—well, like you guys.”

Ben smirked.

            “Thanks,” he said. “I think.”

            “So—are you…uh, the surrogate?” her voice was breathy as a soft pink flush crept up her cheeks.

            “You got it,” Ben nodded, watching her through narrowed eyes.   He could see the poor woman  doing her best to maintain her professionalism. 

            “Ah." 

            “Shocked?” he asked with a smug smile.

            “N-no, not really.  She's, uh….” she cleared her throat. “She’s a lucky girl.”

Ben popped another grape into his mouth with and winked.  Flustered, Bazine shuffled from the room quickly, nearly spilling the water. 

 

+++

 

            “You two really shocked me, you know?”

Ben was sitting on the edge of the bed feeding Rey little bites from the plate. 

            “But you didn’t mind it.  Did you?”

She shook her head slowly, her eyes blazing into his as she munched on a grape. “It was one of the hottest things I’ve ever seen.”

Ben smirked. “Honestly, I don’t know what came over me.”

            “You know what? I’m thinking we may need to rearrange the sleeping arrangements.”

Ben’s throat bobbed. “I’m down, if it’s okay with the big guy.”

Rey grinned. “I’ll do what I can to persuade him.”

 

 

Just before she left, Bazine knocked quickly on the guest room door to let them know she was leaving.   When she was gone, Ben and Rey returned to the master.  Kylo smirked at his twin.

            “Bazine's really sweet," he remarked.  "Ben, if you weren’t with someone, I’d totally be encouraging you to hit that.”

Rey arched an eyebrow at him, and Kylo bent his head respectfully. “But I wouldn’t dream of it, little one, unless I was single. You’re all I want, you know that," he said, reaching his hand out to her.  Rey relented, settling beside him on the bed and taking his hand.  Her gaze shifted to Ben.

            “See? Told ya,” he blurted.

Kylo’s gaze shifted between the two of them.  “What? What did I miss?”

Rey hummed.  "Nothing to be concerned about, love.  But Ben and I were thinking it might be a good idea to rethink the uh, sleeping arrangements.”

            “Babe?” Kylo’s brow was slightly furrowed. “How so?”

            “Well, we were thinking, maybe we could set up the cot in this room, and Ben could sleep there.  You know, just for the next night or two.  So we could all, umm…share the experience.”

Kylo raised his eyebrows and his eyes flicked back to Ben.   “I….I’d be okay with that.  But I doubt Ben really wants to sleep on a cot.  I mean, it’s nowhere near long enough for him.”

Rey chewed her lip.  “Well, what other choice would we have? Unless you want to try having the three of us sleep in this bed…?” she huffed. "Considering you two are both giants--"

            “I’m not adverse to either,” Ben agreed. “Maybe we should try it.  Just for the night.”

Kylo’s gaze zeroed in on Rey. “Fuck. Omega, if I wasn’t injured right now, I’d tear that little pussy in half and make Ben watch,” he growled. "Or maybe have him join in." 

Rey let out a shuddery breath of pleasure.  “Well, I'm hoping we'll have the chance to do that, Alpha.    When you’re all better.  But for now….you’ll have to share me.  Okay?”

A slow grin crept over Kylo’s face and he nodded. “Okay.”

Ben chuckled.  “Well, this is all working out much better than I ever expected.”

  

           

Chapter 7: We can make it shine

Summary:

Couple things: a good portion of this had to be written and edited on my phone bc my laptop died. So I apologize for any weird formatting issues. Also this was not beta-d.

I wanted to try switching POVs again. I hope it's not confusing

The original draft of this chapter had a lot more porn. I had to rearrange some things but the next chapter will ratchet up the horny and there will be some anal stuff, too. Ok, hope you enjoy this chapter!

Chapter Text

KYLO

 

One of the worst things about recovering from an injury is the way it tends to fuck up a person’s sleep patterns. Usually, it’s because of lingering pain or stiffness. You get antsy from lying in the same position for a long time.

But for me, the worst thing was being separated from Rey. I found it hard to sleep without her warmth beside me and her scent all around me.  My Omega, my wife..my other half. 

A year or so before she crashed into my life, I took a spill on my bike and broke my wrist. Driving in the rain is a dumbass move and I knew it, but I was fresh out of the joint and feeling reckless---and maybe a little self-destructive.

It could have been worse, of course. I was lucky. And I learned my lesson: I haven't ridden in the rain since. I couldn't take chances like that anymore; I had Rey to think of. 

To make matters worse, it was my right wrist, which rendered me prertty useless. I couldn't work.  I spent nearly a month afterwards just sitting around, going stir-crazy and smoking weed.  I dosed myself up on Motrin since there was no way they'd give me anything stronger.  Not with my record. 

Having an injured dominant hand sucks even more when you live alone.  I survived on cereal, Chinese food and frozen pizza, had to have groceries and shit delivered.  

Right after it happened, I called Leia to let her know .  She offered to have Han drive up to get me an so I could stay with them for awhile. 

I nixed the idea. Han couldn't be bothered to come visit me during those years I was locked up,  so I didn't feel the need to have him rescue me then.  It's really only because of Rey and Ben that my dad and I finally mended fences.  And I'll admit, it feels good to be part of the family again.

 

Coming home from the hospital was a relief, of course. Just being in the same room with Rey, surrounded by her scent, soothed my nerves.  But then I had to deal with Ben’s presence at the same time. There was no question that it was fucking with my head, but neither was there a better option.  Having him act as a surrogate was a no-brainer.

It’s not like I’d never watched them have sex. During our first Thanksgiving as a couple, Rey and I drove down to the city so she could meet the rest of my family. On Black Friday, Ben met us at our hotel to share a “special” evening with us. It’s hard to say who enjoyed it more, Rey or Ben, but we all had a good time. I found watching them together one of the sexiest experiences of my life.  It was like watching myself fuck her, from a distance.  Kinda surreal, but beautiful and hot. 

It was supposed to be a one time thing, of course. I knew Rey would have been open to doing it again, and I probably would have to, but Ben was on the other coast. We usually only saw him during the holidays, and maybe during the summer, when he flew in to spend some time in New York. But he’d been dating on and off, so I assumed arranging another one of those umm, "scenes' was off the table.

 

This was so different than the last time.  That evening  had all been planned, controlled. I’d asked Ben to wear a condom to make absolutely sure there was no knotting.  And I was fully functional, so it was a sharing situation where I still felt in control. 

The irony of our current situation wasn’t lost on me.  And there were two things that I had to confront at last with both of them.  But it could wait until her heat was completely over.

 

 

Last night, we’d all agreed to try sharing the bed for the night. I sleep much easier when I can hold Rey in my arms, or at least feel her beside me. Her heat was starting to fade, but she was still having some cramps. She might need him just a little longer.

I understood that, and I was feeling better and better about it, even if I had to watch him knot her while I couldn’t.

 

When my eyes snapped open, it was a little after four. Rey’s soft warmth was conspicuously absent and I reached across the mattress to feel for her.  The other side of the bed was cold and empty.

As my eyes adjusted to the dim light of the room, I picked up on her soft whimpers coming from the direction of the closet. It took all of five seconds for me to understand what was happening.

She’d brought him into her nest.

My eyes were drawn to them like moths to a flame, wanting desperately to see them but also not wanting to. In the first strains of early morning light, I could just make out the shape of Rey astride Ben’s thighs. He was bouncing her on his cock, pulling little cries and moans from her with each thrust.

I palmed myself through the sleep shorts and squeezed.  They were just so beautiful together. I’d never really thought about how Rey and I looked together until the first time I saw them fucking.

I moved my hand faster, already sticky from a gush of precum. When Rey let out a louder, plaintive moan, I responded in kind. I couldn't help it.

She turned toward me then, and I heard Ben mumble something that I couldn’t make out.

“Don’t knot,” she pleaded. “Don’t knot this time.”

Ben let out a growl that I could feel in my bones. I knew what that sound meant. He hated being denied that way.

“Fuck, Rey.”

He was holding her hips, rutting into her like a beast. Rey turned and met my eyes as she panted, stretching out a hand towards me.

“Alpha…” she whined, her voice breaking.

“You gonna come for Ben, little one? Come for me... for both of us," I told her.

“I am….close. So close-”

“Come on my cock, baby girl” Ben grunted, slamming her up and down his length frantically.. “uhh...you feel so good...Rey...””

“Ahhh....Ben….” she wailed as she came, spine arching backwards, legs shaking. Ben didn't stop, he fucked her right through it, chasing his own release.

“Good fucking girl,"  he groaned, hips slamming into Rey's once more before he pulled out to spill across her tits.

I was so caught up in watching them that my own climax almost caught me off guard, knocking me breathless for a few seconds.

 

++++

Sunday

 

Ben buried his face in Rey’s hair, breathing her in, bathing in her luscious scent.  The sharp, spicy sweetness of the past few days was softer now, and he knew that her heat was fading.  Of course, Kylo would have picked up on it, too. And once it was over, she wouldn’t need him anymore.  

 

Ben held onto hope that she’d still want him, even after.  That she wouldn’t forget their conversation.  

 

He only had a few more days left of vacation and then it was back home to San Francisco.  He was trying his best not to think about that until the last possible minute.

 

Ben felt her body shift gently away from him when all he wanted was to have her close.

 

“We didn’t want to wake you,” he heard her say to Kylo.

Ben raised his head and turned to face his brother.  The room was brighter now, and something about the way the light hit Kylo’s face made him look strange...haunted..  Ben let out a little sigh as Rey got slowly to her feet. She turned then, to reach for Ben’s hand.  He looked up and she offered him a little smile. 

 

“Come on,’ she murmured.

Ben nodded and the two of them climbed back onto the bed with Kylo, with Rey once again in the middle.   When Kylo leaned in to crash his lips against hers, Ben felt a momentary flash of jealousy.  He couldn’t help it, foolish as it was.   But then again, he’d come to realize how much of a fool he was for Rey.

 

As the three of them lay there, the drowsy sense of satiety crept over them collectively.  As before, Rey snuggled against Kylo, nuzzling into his neck, her back to Ben. As if to ensure he felt included, she snuggled her hips backwards against him, grinding slowly on his cock, which was already beginning to stir again. 

Rey moved in to kiss Kylo, her hand cupping his face lovingly.

    “How’s your knee, love?” 

Kylo grunted and managed a shrug.  “Ehh.  Hurts a little,” he admitted, before leaning in to kiss her again.  Both Rey and Ben knew him well enough to know he was downplaying it. 

    “Can I do anything to make it better?” she chirped, kissing his cheek and jaw softly. “What do you need?”

Kylo thought for a moment. “Maybe I’ll smoke a little.  That always helps.” 

Ben let out a low chuckle. “Fine.  You want me to bring you your stuff?”

 

    “That would be right brotherly of you, Ben,” Kylo quipped with a grin.

 

    “Where is it?” 

 

Kylo opened his mouth to tell him when Rey cut in.   I’ll get it. And besides,” she said, casting a flirty glance over her shoulder at Ben.  “I have an idea.”

 

Without another word, she slid out from between the two big, beautiful men she loved and got to her feet. 

 

    “I’ll be right back,” she said to Kylo. “I’ll bring you some water, too.”

 

    “I can get it,” Ben protested lamely. “I need to piss anyway.”

 

In the hallway, Rey led Ben to the small, carved wooden box in the living room, where Kylo kept his stash.  Ben slipped the pipe and  lighter into the pocket of his joggers.  When he turned around, Rey had disappeared, so he went about his business.  He brushed his teeth and splashed some water on his face.  Back in the kitchen, he filled up one of the water bottles on the counter for Kylo and returned to their room.  He knew Rey would probably be hungry soon, but it was still early.  They could all sleep some more and he'd make breakfast later.

When he got there, Rey was on the bed, talking softly to Kylo. She had something in her hand. 

    “Ben,” she said, beckoning.  “Come sit.”

 

+++

REY

 

I knelt on the bed beside Kylo.  He looked at me curiously, lips parted and face flushed, and I wondered if he already knew what I’d been thinking.  

    “What you got there, little one?” His voice dropped lower, shimmering with an edge of menace that never failed to turn me on.  I opened my hands to show him the small bottle of lube in one hand (we rarely needed it) and the jeweled plug he’d bought me during our last visit to Manhattan in December. 

Kylo’s eyes widened as I held the plug up and we both inspected it.   It was made of a soft pink silicone, with one narrow, pointed end.   In the flared base was a teal-blue crystal.  I’d picked it out because I loved the color, and I was curious about how Kylo would react to seeing me wear it.  The possibility that Ben might see me wearing it had not occurred to me, but the thought was pretty thrilling all the same. 

Kylo took the thing in one of his huge paws and let out a shuddery sigh. “You sure about this, Rey? You really want to try this, now?”

    “I’m sure, Alpha. You can put it in."

He cocked his head and stared at me for a moment, as if trying to decide if we should go through with it. 

    "Let's wait a bit.  You don't want to rush this," he said. 

“Found it,” Ben announced, handing the box and pipe over to Kylo.  I heard a small gasp and turned to meet his eyes: they were as round as Kylo’s, and just as dark.

“Is that what I think it is?”

I nodded slowly.  He blew out a little breath of air and looked over at his brother.  

Kylo had opened the box and was already filing the pipe. 

   “We bought this on our last trip to the city,” he explained calmly.  “On a whim.  She hasn’t tried it yet.” He gave Ben a curious stare. “Have you ever….?”

Ben huffed. “No. I mean, I've seen them in porn, but that's it."

Kylo nodded before firing up the pipe.   He took a long drag and held it in for a few beats, lashes fluttering.  "Anyone else?"

 

+++

BEN

 

Ben shook his head.  He wasn't a regular smoker anyway; the last time he'd smoked was with them. And right now, he was high enough off of Rey's presence, anyway.

He watched as she took a single hit from the pipe,  leaning back to settle  her head on Kylo's shoulder.  

"Heat's fading, huh baby?" Kylo murmured before taking another pull. Rey bit her lip and nodded.  

"How long do we get to have you around?" he asked Ben.  

"Well, I bought a one way ticket, but I really should be back by Monday."

Even as the words spilled out, Ben dreaded the thought of leaving.  He loved San Francisco, and he loved his job, even though the workload could sometimes be a bit overwhelming.  He knew  Kaia would be happy to have him home, too. They had a good thing going.  She was funny and smart, and the sex was good.  But she was a Beta, and Ben's heart had been already been stolen by a feisty little Omega... 

an Omega who could never be his.

The thought of Kaia now brought a fresh wave of guilt, and Ben wondered how he'd be able to go back home and pretend that everything was normal. 

 

When he looked back at his brother, Kylo was wearing a lopsided grin. "So you'll stick around and hang out with us.  We'll have some fun," he said, with a wink at Rey. 

 

 

 

I woke up a little after eight.  Rey and Kylo were still asleep cuddled up, so I figured I could at least make them breakfast.  

 

While the coffee was brewing, I started throwing together the ingredients for a frittata.  I knew Rey would eat practically anything, but she needed something with protein, especially coming off of a heat.  While I cooked, I started getting morose as the reality of the situation seemed to draw closer and closer.  

There was nothing I could do about it.  Might as well make the most of the time we had left.

 

 

The three of us were having breakfast, Rey scarfing down her food as usual.  Kylo teased her gently but she waved him off.  The conversation lagged a bit, but by now, the three of us could share a comfortable silence.  I went to get more coffee for Kylo. When I returned, his face had turned serious.

"There's something the three of us need to talk about," he said, eyes darting between Rey and me.

A sudden silence simmered in the air between us for a moment.  

"Okay," I said, pretty sure I knew what it was. 

"Now?" Rey asked doubtfully. "Can't it wait til later? We can talk about it over dinner." She  reached for his hand and squeezed it, and that's when I could see how tense Kylo was.  "Please, Alpha?"

He sighed. I knew how hard it was for him to deny her--I felt the same way.  "Okay... okay. Sure."

Rey kissed him sweetly on the cheek. "Love you," she said. "I'm gonna go take a shower." Her eyes met mine before she sashayed down the hall. 

"Love you, little one,"  he called over his shoulder.  "Thanks for breakfast, bro," Kylo said tightly.

"No problem. Let's get you back to your room." I stood, gathering the crutches. 

"I think I want to stay out here for awhile til Bazine gets here.  Put on the idiot box for awhile."

 I helped him get settled on the couch and handed him the remote.  After a little bit, he looked up at me expectantly.  "Well? What are you waiting for? She needs you."

I couldn't find a single reason to argue. 

 

+++

 

The next several hours passed by like an erotic dream for Ben.  He'd joined Rey in the shower, pleased to find she'd been waiting for him.  They'd taken their time gently washing each other from head to toe,  bodies wet and slippery with Kylo's favorite body wash.  By the time they were finished, Rey was positively dripping, and Ben couldn't remember ever being so hard. He slipped inside her effortlessly, their bodies joining like they were made for each other. It took every ounce of self-control for Ben to pull out before his knot had bloomed, locking them together.  

He just couldn't justify knotting her in the shower, no matter how badly he wanted to. Talk about uncomfortable. 

No, he was hoping they'd still have a little more time together before Rey's heat was 'officially' over, and he'd  be forced to end his status as surrogate. 

He could only assume that Bazine would keep Kylo engaged for a few hours.  

Back in the guest room, Ben knotted Rey one more time.  Her mating gland taunted him while he fucked her.  It was pink, swollen and marked with the teeth of his twin.  How he wished he could overwrite it, stake a new claim over her.

But of course, it didn't work that way.

 

Rey woke first, close to six.  Ben stirred soon after and they dressed, readying themselves for dinner. 

"Think he's mad?" Ben asked with a trace of humor in his voice that he didn't truly feel. 

Rey's eyes widened and she shrugged.  But Ben knew, no matter what, Kylo would forgive her. 

He wasn't so sure if his brother's generosity would extend to him.

 

A short time later, Ben and Rey rejoined Kylo in the living room.  His knee was freshly dressed, and his long, lean torso propped up by pillows. Bazine had clearly done her best to make him comfortable.

"Ahh. I was wondering if you two were going to sleep through dinner," he said crisply. 

"Why didn't you have Bazine knock before she left?" Ben tutted. As if he wasn't greedy for every minute he had alone with Rey.

"Oh, I don't know.  Maybe I was trying to respect the end of your time together...the end of your heat," he snapped, eyes flickering to Rey.  She winced slightly at his accusatory tone.  "It is over now, isn't it?" 

"Yes, Alpha," she answered, without missing a beat.

"Good. Then let's order some pizza.  We need to have a talk."

 

The three of them rearranged at the table to wait.  Rey opened a bottle of Notorious Pink wine--her favorite--and sipped from her glass before pouring one for Ben.  Kylo stuck with his Blue Moon.  He drank half of one before turning his attention to his mate, then his brother. They sat quietly for a bit, just drinking.

"Go easy with that tonight," Kylo warned, and Rey rolled her eyes.

  "Just...say what you need to say, Kylo," Ben blurted, emboldened by a glass and a half of rose.  His cheeks were slightly flushed, and his eyes glowed with something akin to defiance.  

Kylo leaned back, raising his eyebrows.  "It's not a statement, big brother; it's a question." He paused for a few seconds, letting the gravity of the situation sink in. "Have you thought about what happens if Rey gets pregnant?"

 

Chapter 8: You Don't Know How it Feels (to Be Me)

Chapter Text

 

 

Ben often thought about the exact moment he fell in love with Rey.

At first, he thought it was the night he met her. He’d appeared unexpectedly at Grandma Padme’s house, after months with no word from his brother. Leia had practically begged him to take the drive north right after he arrived back in New York; Kylo had gone radio silent with all of them and she was desperate to make sure he was okay.

Ben wasn’t exactly expecting a warm welcome from his brother, but on this particular evening, he’d arrived to find an empty house that was permeated by the distinct, sweet smell of an Omega. When his brother and the mystery woman finally arrived after an evening out, Kylo didn’t hesitate to express his displeasure with Ben’s presence. It would have been impossible for Ben to completely hide his instant attraction to Rey--they were twins, after all--and this fact only increased Kylo’s ire.

Then a brief meeting in the upstairs hallway had Rey asking Ben about his own mate.
The look on her face when he told her Zorrie was gone from this world-- stars, that look had gutted him. He could see how much it hurt her, that she felt his pain, and seeing that made him weak for her. He wasn’t sure how to process it; all he knew was that whatever bond Rey shared with his twin must have brushed his own consciousness.

Oh, how he’d tortured himself with “what ifs.” What if he’d crossed paths with her first, before Kylo, if some higher power had set them together in the same place at the same time? They could have met by chance, somewhere in New York City over the Christmas holidays when he was in town to see his parents. They could have been shopping, or visiting the goddamn tree at Rock Center. Who knows?

With a slight twist of fate, she might have ended up his.

But the universe had different plans. Kylo was meant to rescue her; they were clearly meant to be together. Two halves of a whole. How could Ben have ever thought to compete with that?

 

 

 

+++

“Have you thought about this, Ben? What happens if Rey gets pregnant?”

 

Ben arched an eyebrow at his brother as he weighed his response. He’d be lying if he said the thought hadn’t passed through his lust-addled brain, almost as soon as his twin asked him to act as surrogate Alpha, to see Rey through her heat. But Ben had pushed that idea out of his head as quickly as it had come. His attention had turned to focus on taking care of Rey, seeing to her every need. It was enough--more than enough--to be able to touch her soft skin, drink her sweet slick and keep her tied up on his knot for as many precious hours as time allowed. He didn’t need to think about breeding her, bonding her to him in a way that she had yet to bond with her mate. This was just what it was; he was merely caring for her like a good Alpha cares for an Omega. He didn’t allow himself to think that it could mean anything more.

That way lay madness.

 

Ben sucked in a deep breath and let it out slowly, meeting Rey’s eyes first, then Kylo’s.

“I suppose, if it happens….we would just figure it out.”

 

Kylo’s eyebrows shifted up, his handsome mouth curling up cruelly at the corners.

“Really?” he huffed a small laugh. “Not sure I buy the innocent routine, but either way, we need to talk about it. Because there’s a damn good chance it could happen, with all the knotting that’s been going on lately.” Ben couldn’t help but wince at the undertone of bitterness in his twin’s voice.

Ben looked back at Rey, who was watching her mate with a concerned look. “Rey, what are your feelings about...that?”

Rey’s eyes darted between the two men.

“Ben, look,” Kylo cut in before she could answer. “Rey and I have discussed it. If she ends up pregnant, it’ll be our baby. You can be the doting uncle, of course.”

Rey frowned and her expression darkened in a way that Ben had rarely seen. It got to him.

‘We both want a child,” she said softly. “I’d be overjoyed. Kylo would, too.”

 

It was only then that Ben truly picked up on what he was being told. “So….no paternity test?”

Rey’s lips parted like she was about to say something, but Kylo cut her off once again.

“What would be the point in it, really? I mean, even if you were the father...it wouldn’t change anything.”

Ben felt a sudden tightness in his chest that made it hard to breathe.

“If it happens, we should do a test,” Rey added. “We should know. And Ben deserves to know.”

Kylo’s nostrils flared, his deep amber eyes flashing. “Fine.”

No one said anything for a long drawn out moment, the tension growing thick between the three of them. But Ben was heartened to feel that Rey was on his side.

“I understand,” Ben said.

 

That night, Ben slept alone in the guest room. He figured Rey and his brother needed some alone time. They’d had very little of it since Kylo had come home from the hospital, and then he’d had to contend with knowing Ben was knotting his mate, six ways to Sunday. Whether Kylo was present or not, whether it was at his request or not, Ben understood completely, as only one twin can understand another: it was still painful.

Ben wasn’t enjoying his status as surrogate. Well, no, that wasn’t exactly true. He enjoyed every moment that he had Rey in his arms, waking up beside her….the chance to pretend she was all his, for a few nights. But with the passing of each day, he was reminded that it was just that: a temporary situation.

Now that it was all over, it didn’t seem right to complain about any of it. Rey belonged to Kylo, and she always would. And Ben loved both of them, loved them both far too much to cause any conflict.

His sleep was restless though. He’d become accustomed to Rey’s soothing presence all too quickly. He lay awake before sunrise, thinking that it would be time to return home soon. Rey’s heat was over, and Kylo had assistance. They didn’t need him, and sticking around too long would only prolong the inevitable pain of separation from Rey.

 

It was still very early, not even gone seven, when Ben finally got up to brew a pot of coffee. To his surprise, Rey entered, wearing a pink nightshirt with the words, “I’d rather be in bed” scrolled across the front. He swallowed thickly at the sight of her, long, silky legs flashing as she walked.

“Morning. You okay?”

Ben sniffed. As usual, Rey had a gift for tuning in to his feelings. He glanced over at her and tossed off what he hoped was a convincing shrug, but Rey wasn’t buying it.

“You don’t look like you slept well,” she said,  her smile fading quickly as she strode closer to him. Ben stiffened at her approach, suddenly aware once again that she wasn’t his. He needed to rein his feelings in.

She stood just in front of him and raised a hand to tenderly stroke his cheek, just as he had done to her before her heat. Ben flinched.

“It’s okay. Tell me. Were you upset by the pregnancy talk?”

Ben shifted his eyes away from her. He opened his mouth to speak but nothing came out.

“Let’s sit.” Rey guided him to the kitchen table where they both sat. She turned her eyes up to him, those warm golden-green orbs that made his stomach flip over. “Tell me,” she repeated.

“I don’t want to leave. But it’s time. The longer I stay, the harder it will be to go.” His eyes searched hers and found understanding in her sad smile.

“I get it,” she breathed, grasping one of his big, warm hands in her smaller one. “I want to thank you, Ben. You took care of me so well. You’re such a good Alpha.”

Ben felt a flood of warmth through his chest at her words. It was exactly what he’d been longing to hear. Rey didn’t stop there, though. She threaded her fingers gently through his sleep-rumpled hair. “I want you to know, I care about you very much,” she cooed.

“You’re so strong, so beautiful. If I hadn’t met Kylo…” she broke off with a little sigh.  His eyes darted from hers to her lips. How he wanted to kiss her, right then. It wouldn't have to be anything more,  but maybe just for that moment….

Kylo’s voice boomed down the hall from the bedroom. He sounded very far away.

“Rey?”

 

The smile that she gave Ben there was almost enough to tear his heart clean from his chest. She leaned in to press her lips against his and Ben’s eyes fluttered. What he wouldn’t have given to have her all to himself for one more day.

“I’ll be back. And don’t worry about cooking. We can order breakfast in,” she smiled. 

 

++++++

 

“Hey, babe! It’s good to hear your voice.” Kaia was always cheerful and buoyant, even in the early morning. It was three hours earlier in San Fran, but he knew her. She’d probably been up since five-thirty and was ready to go for a run. “How are things in New York?”

Ben pursed his lips to tamp down the sigh that rose in his chest. “It’s been….fun,” he said cryptically. “I think I’m gonna fly home early, though.  Tomorrow, or maybe the day after."

“Oh? You and your brother haven’t been fighting, I hope.”

“No, no. Not...not really. But now that he’s home, and on the mend, I feel like he and Rey need some space. And I need to get back to work. That backlog of work is piling up.”

“Hmm. I was hoping you’d be coming home early cause you missed me so much,” she murmured.

Ben closed his eyes. “Of course, I miss you, sweet girl. Can’t wait to see you.” He’d always been truthful with Kaia, never promising her anything more than what they had. Their relationship had always been open-ended. But now, going home and facing her meant he’d either have to continue the charade of acting like he didn’t want a commitment, or….well, he’d have to figure that part out.

 

“That’s good. Give me a heads up before you leave.  I’ll see what I can do to make time. If you come over, I’ll cook you dinner.”

 

“Sounds great.  I’ll see you soon.”

 

 

A short time later, the trio was seated in the living room, paper cups and bags scattered across the coffee table.  Ben and Rey were on the couch, Ben in a nearby armchair as they dug into their breakfast sandwiches.  

 

“God, that hospital food was the worst.  This is absolute ambrosia,” Kylo rasped, between bites of his egg sandwich.  Rey grinned nodding.

 

Ben swallowed his mouthful of bagel and lox with cream cheese. “Isn’t Bazine supposed to come today?” 

 

“Nope,” Kylo said, popping the p.  “I sent her a text first thing this morning and told her not to.”  His eyes slid back to Rey.

 

“She’ll be here  tomorrow,” she explained.   “But we wanted to have the day to ourselves.  Just the  three of us.”

 

At the realization of what she was implying, Ben reached for his coffee and took a sip.  It was strong and hot, but he needed it to clear his mind.

 

“Unless you.... don’t want to.”

 

His eyes snapped back to Kylo.  “That sounds good,” he said neutrally. “I was gonna try to get a flight out tomorrow anyway.”

 

“Oh,” Rey said, her face crumbling in a way that made Ben’s heart soar.  Would she miss him, when he was gone? 

 

Stop thinking that way, idiot.  She’s your brother’s mate.  

 

“So, does that mean you’d be interested?”  Rey’s eyes seemed darker now, the lovely soft green a thin rim around black pupils.   Ben swallowed hard, shifting his gaze to his brother for a moment, as the chunk of bagel scraped its way down his throat. 

 

  “Interested?” 

 

“In playing with us,” Rey said with a cool confidence that made Ben’s cock twitch with interest.

 

“Are you sure that’s a good idea?” he breathed. “I mean….you know what Doc Kenobi said.” 



“Of course. Maybe you can help us work it out.”





Breakfast finished, Rey ran a bath for Kylo.  The two of them sat in the bathroom, talking softly and laughing while Ben huddled in the guest room, slowly gathering his dirty clothes.  He could get everything cleaned up and packed tonight, and hopefully he’d be out of here by tomorrow. 

 

As much as he loved being around Rey, more and more, it was starting to feel like a bad idea. 

 

He dumped a load of laundry in the small washer while he paced the room on hold, trying to get a last-minute flight back to SFO.  He was chattering with an agent when he heard the bathroom door swing open, and the unmistakable sound of Kylo’s awkward shuffle with his crutches, back to the bedroom.  Rey stuck her head into the kitchen for a moment and gave Ben a little wink before following Kylo.  



It was a good twenty minutes later when Ben hung up and found his way to their bedroom door, already ajar. 

 

He was greeted by a thick plume of smoke and the heavy smell of Purple Kush  as he edged it open.  His mouth fell open at the sight before his eyes. 

 

Wearing only one of Kylo’s t-shirts and a tiny pair of pink panties that revealed a tantalizing expanse of smooth golden thigh, Rey knelt beside her man.  Kylo wore a dreamy expression as he luxuriated on the pillow; Rey’s slim fingers were wrapped around his cock as she stroked him lazily.

 

“Hey, big Ben,” he rasped. “Make yourself comfortable.”

 

Ben’s cock swelled rapidly, going from zero to 60 in point nine seconds. 

 

“Join us,” Rey cooed.  Her scent was much more muted than it had been, since her heat had faded.  But nevertheless, she smelled amazing to Ben.  She always did. 

 

“I uh...um,  just booked a flight for tomorrow,” he stammered.  “I’ll be leaving early.  Flight is at 8:10 out of LaGuardia."

 

“Back to work, eh?” Kylo nodded, watching him through hooded eyes that were bright red at the edges.  “Well, at least we can have some fun before you go.”

 

“Yes,” Rey purred, flashing him a flirtatious smile.

 

Ben wasn’t going to say no to this.  And not to Rey.

 

“Okay,” he mumbled.  “Where do you want me?”

 

“Get undressed, first,” Kylo chuckled. When Ben noticed the way Rey was eyeing him, he wasted no time sliding out of his joggers and t-shirt.  When he stood before them in nothing but a pair of dark red boxer briefs, he caught Rey staring at the prominent bulge that presented itself to her, like an offering.   She licked her lips.

 

“What was it that Bazine said?” she asked.  The roughness of her voice, and the glassiness of her eyes told him  that she was stoned, too.

 

“Lucky,” Ben said, with a chuckle.  “She said you’re a lucky girl.”

 

Rey’s mouth twisted in a smug grin as she delivered a rougher stroke that made Kylo groan.  “She has no fucking clue.” 

 

“Get over here, Ben,” Kylo ordered, and Ben found himself obeying without hesitation.  Not sure what to do, he clambered onto bed beside Rey, wanting to peel the shirt off and take her sweet little tits in his mouth before he fucked her in front of his brother.  But he didn’t quite know what the game was yet, so he waited.  Rey did the honors before he asked, pulling the shirt over her head in a single swift movement that bared the glorious, rosy glow of her tight little nipples.  Ben’s mouth watered at the sight, his reverie broken finally by his brother's voice.

 

“I’m dying to be inside her, but we have to be careful.  We need your help.”

Ben hovered just behind Rey.  He couldn’t resist cupping her lovely little ass and pushing up against her, letting her feel just how hard he was for her.  “Go ahead.  Touch her,” Kylo encouraged, and Ben wasted no time dragging a hand along the smooth skin of her thighs.  His eyes held his brother’s as his fingers slipped deftly under the band of her panties, reaching that place of sublime pleasure.  He stroked slowly, getting his fingers coated in her essence until Rey let out a soft mewl. 

 

“Yes, Ben. Fuck, yes,” she moaned. 

“Rey has a little surprise for you,” Kylo smirked. “Take off the panties.”

 

Breathlessly, Ben tugged at the offending fabric until it gave way, tearing into shreds.  Rey let out a little gasp but he paid it no mind, especially when his eyes landed on the dark blue crystal that flashed up at him from her ass.  

 

Plug.  She was wearing a plug.  His brain nearly short circuited.  

 

“You like it?” Kyo murmured smugly. “We put it in last night.  It was Rey’s idea to save it for you. I don’t know if she’ll be ready yet, it’s been less than twenty-four hours..  But it gives a good reason for you to come back again, wouldn’t you say?”

 

Ben couldn’t find the words for a moment.  Knowing it was Rey’s idea to allow him to breach her ass first….

“Maybe she’s ready,” he heard himself say.  “We could...try.”

 

HIs eyes found Rey’s, and there was only warmth and trust there. 

 

“What do you think, Rey? Do you want to try? You know both of us are big, but...it couldn’t hurt to...try, maybe.  I'd stop if it hurt."

 

Rey’s response came fast enough to send Ben’s brain into overdrive. “Yes.  Let’s try.  We have lube.”

 

Holy. Shit.

 

Ben found the prospect of making intelligent words come out of his mouth an impossibility, at this point. A grunt was the best he could do.

 

“We need you to help support Rey’s weight so she can straddle me.  Then….you can take out the plug and….see what happens.” 

 

“Okay.”  Ben was so hard at this point, his cock felt like a weapon, poised  and ready to do damage. 

 

Rey turned to kiss him, her mouth so soft and hot he was ready to fall to his knees.  No woman had ever brought him to such depths of passion, or turned him into a simpering teenager the way Rey did.   He pulled her close after, her back pressed against his chest as he supported her hips, guiding her as she sank down onto his brother’s throbbing length.   Kylo let out a long groan as he filled her, and Ben’s cock pulsed in sympathy.



He kept it up for several minutes, Rey’s moans turning to a soft keening as she begged her Alpha to plunder her, to take all of her.  

 

Suddenly, Kylo’s eyes opened and zoomed in on Ben, pinning him in place.  “It’s time. If you want to try, now’s the time.”

 

Ben nodded dumbly.  

 

“You want this, Rey?” he whispered.  She was trembling in his arms, with a mixture of pleasure and anticipation.  

 

“Yes,” she nodded.  “Do it, Ben.” 

 

What Ben’s brain heard was Alpha, a nd there was no way then that he would deny her anything.

 

 He tugged gently at the plug and met with some resistance.  

 

“Relax for me, Rey,” he whispered in her ear. “Relax and push into it.”

 

She nodded, biting her lip as Ben began to work the plug out slowly. Once it was out, he set it on the bedside table.   Ben’s eyes were huge as he gaped at her tight pink asshole, stretched open for him.  But not open enough, he thought.   The little hole was already starting to tighten up again.  

It was too soon, he knew. 

And the last thing he wanted to do was hurt her. 

 

“I don’t think you’re ready.  We should build up to it more slowly.”

 

Rey let out a small sigh that he knew heralded some relief. “Yeah.  Maybe not this time,” she agreed.  “But I’ll take care of you after, I promise.”

 

Ben resumed his original position, protecting his brother's knee as Rey fucked herself on Kylo’s cock.  He sang her praises, eyes rolling back until he finally came inside her. 

 

But Rey hadn’t come, and the moment Kylo slid out of her, Ben yanked her backwards. She let out a yelp of surprise, quickly followed by a moan as he buried himself inside her to the hilt before the eyes of his brother.  The eyes of her mate.

 

Ben's fingertips burrowed into her hips he slammed her down onto himself.  He all but forgot about Kylo as he lost himself in the pleasure of this woman, the woman he loved, the Omega who would never be his. 



“Need you to come. Come on my cock, Rey,”  he ground out, reaching between her legs to fondle her clit as he rammed himself up into her with everything he had.  Pleasure licked up his spine and spiraled through his veins.  His eyes, half-lidded and drunk on ecstasy, caught the glare of his brother as he watched them.  Ben finally closed his eyes, shutting Kylo out as Rey let out a strangled scream, her whole body convulsing as she came hard.  

 

Ben shuddered and groaned as he followed her, painting her insides. Marking her. 

 

For a few minutes after, he held Rey tight, drawn safely away from landing on Kylo as they panted. drifting back to Earth together. 

 

A tiny piece of her would always belong to Ben after their time together.  He might not have anything else to hold on to, but he’d always have that.  



 

 

Chapter 9: How Deep is Your Love

Summary:

"You rise in the morning sun,
I feel you touch me in the pouring rain
And the moment that you wander far from me
I want to feel you in my arms again

And you come to me on a summer breeze,
Keep me warm in your love, and you softly leave
And it's me you need to show
How deep is your love?"

Notes:

Those of you who have read "Impulse" know we flirted with infidelity in that fic. But this is on a new level, even if it's more emotional infidelity than physical. I promise though, that all will be worked out in the end-guaranteed happy ending for ALL three!

The significance of the dog tags will only make sense to those who have read "Impulse," the prequel to this fic.

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

Tuesday

 

It was just after eight New York Time when Ben’s plane hit its cruising altitude of thirty-four thousand feet. His head lolled back against the cushion as he closed his eyes. All he really wanted to do was sleep.  It was the easiest way not to think about leaving Rey and his twin behind.

The three of them had become so close over the past week. He couldn’t remember feeling so close to his brother at any time since they were boys. And as for Rey…? Well, the time he’d spent with her in his arms, buried inside as he eased her heat, seemed almost like a fever dream now.

 

He didn’t bother waking them when he left; they’d said their goodbyes the night before. For some reason, Ben felt the need to leave a note on the refrigerator door. It seemed silly, in hindsight, because what was there really to say?

Plane gets in at 2:30 NY time. Rey, take good care of Kylo.  It was fun, guys. Talk soon.

Love,
Ben

 

He wondered how long it would take her to realize she was missing a pair of panties. He’d slipped them out of the hamper before he left–the same pair she’d been wearing the day she went into heat. He couldn’t resist, and he was pretty sure she wouldn’t mind.

 

But he'd also left something for her.

 

Late that night, while he was packing up, the idea had come to him.  After a brief search, he found some wrapping paper and ribbon in their storage closet. He removed his dog tags and wrapped up them up in a neat little package, placing an R on the outside of the paper.  The desire to leave her something so personal, small as it was, had been far too strong to resist.  It was a little part of him he could leave, just for her, in the hopes that she’d think of him whenever she looked at them.

 

The package sat on the bedside table in the guest room. There was no reason for Kylo to go in there, especially not with his injury. The overall likelihood was that Rey would find it;.

And If Rey decided to share her discovery with Kyo, well that was up to her.  But he seriously doubted she would.

 

It wasn’t until many hours later, when Ben was finally back in his apartment, weary and wired from crossing time zones, canned air and too much coffee, that he finally saw Rey’s text.

 

I found it, love. Thank you. <3

 

Ben was in the kitchen, about to heat up some soup in the microwave. Seeing those few words from Rey made his heart lurch, and a smile cracked his pensive demeanor. Like sunlight breaking through clouds. Warmth bloomed in his chest.

 

It's not much, I know.  Just wanted to leave you something. It was all I had on me.

 

Ben--you’ve given me, both of us, so much already.  But I love that you did.  

 

(You’ve given me so much too, but it’s not enough. It could never be enough. I’m sorry I’m so greedy, sweetheart.)

 

Yeah. I figured, if you wanted to wear them, you could always tell Ky that I forgot them and you were just keeping them safe, haha.

 

A flash of guilt bubbles up in his chest. Why did just this conversation suddenly feel like a betrayal?

 

I think I’ll hang them from the car mirror. That way I’ll see them when I drive to school.  You’ll be with both of us all the time. :)

 

(But I didn’t leave them for Kylo.  Just you.) 

 

Whatever you want, Rey.

 

Ben imagines her wearing his dog tags under her tee-shirts and sweaters, the way they would dangle between her bare breasts while she showers.  He pictures them bouncing against her body while his brother fucks her from behind.   

 

One tiny piece of him, tying them together across the miles.  A tiny piece of her he can claim. 

 

Have to go, he’s calling me. We can talk tomorrow, okay? Night, Ben. xx

 

Night, sweetheart.

 

 

 

It was strange how quickly Ben fell back into his regular routine, over the next couple of weeks. Burying himself in his work felt natural; it was his regular MO when there were emotions he didn’t want to deal with.  And the fact that Rey hovered at the edge of his conscience, now more than ever before.  

It wasn't good.  He'd have to get over it.

 

 

In the two and a half weeks since his return, he saw Kaia twice.

The first time was when she came over after her shift on Sunday morning. She’d brought bagels from Canto-”the good ones”, she grinned, waggling her eyebrows before leaning up on tiptoes to kiss him. Ben hummed and smiled, but he couldn’t stop thinking about how New York bagels were better. Especially when he was sitting across the table from Rey and Kylo.

They spent the afternoon together, watching episodes of Breaking Bad and cuddling on the couch. Closer to dinnertime, Ben began hinting that he needed to get some work done, after being away for so long. Kaia made a face but was understanding as always. She never pushed him into anything, and for that Ben was grateful. If she’d been a different kind of person, more demanding more of his time, they never would have lasted as long as they had.

Of course, she was expecting that they would have sex, but he just couldn’t generate the enthusiasm. So he did what he could to throw her off; the last thing he wanted was for Kaia to think his feelings for her had changed. Because in truth, they really hadn’t. Ben had always liked her, and he still did. He enjoyed her company and enjoyed spending sexy time with her.

But now, it's that much harder to forget about the woman who haunts his thoughts.  

 

When she left, accepting his vague promise that they’d get together later in the week, Ben was relieved.

 

 

 

He checks his watch: 5:30. That meant it would be 8:30 in New York– usually a good time for them to talk.

He dials the house phone, and Rey picks up on the second ring.

 

“Ben!” His chest tightens at how pleased she sounds to hear from him, though her voice is hushed.

 

“Hi, Sweetheart.  This a bad time?”

 

“No, it’s fine.  Kylo took something for his knee and crashed out on the couch.”



Ben huffs. “Are we talking pot, or actual medicine?”

 


“Ben! You know it genuinely helps him,” she tsks, “even  if you aren’t fully on board.  But yeah.  Doc Kenobi hooked him up with some Percocet.  He’s been having more pain lately.”

 

“Huh.”  That’s a surprise.  Ben knows Ben Kenobi; he hates prescribing controlled substances for anyone without a damn good reason.  Which must mean Kylo’s pain is far worse than he imagined.  “Did something happen? Why is he worse?”

 

There’s a muted chuckle on her end, followed by some fidgeting.  “I….it’s, umm.. We tried to–”

 

“You don’t have to tell me, Rey.  I get it.”  Her reaction is enough to tell him what he needed to know, and he didn’t want to think about his brother…. having his way with Rey.  Not right now. 

 

The possessiveness he feels for her has never been this strong.  

 

Yeah.  Not good.

 

“Well…let's just say, Kenobi was not pleased with either of us.” Ben laughs softly at her sheepish admission.   

 

“How’s the job?”

 

“Oh! It’s going pretty well, I guess."  He  can sense her relief that he wasn’t pushing her to talk more about her private activities with Kylo.  “A little boring, though.  I will admit.  Some days I long to be home, having all my time to write.”  She giggles again, girlish and sweet, and the sound goes straight to his groin.  

 

Ben grunts.  “I’ll bet.  I’m sure Kylo would support that if you decided you wanted to just write full time.” 

 

“Yeah, he would.  But I figure I can hold off at least to see if….we’re pregnant.”  

 

He hears the sharp intake of breath that follow her words and steels himself.  

 

“So…nothing yet?”  He knows he shouldn't be thinking about whether or not she's pregnant, but he can't help it. 

 

“No, no.  We won’t know for at least another week or two.   My period isn’t due until next week.”

 

“Got it,” Ben bites out, chewing on his lower lip.  

 

“How’s your girlfriend?” She blurts, with a kind of forced cheer. “How’s Kaia?”

 

He gives a little sigh. “She’s good.  Although I don’t know how long we’ll be together.”

 

Rey freezes and there’s a taut moment between them.  He’s caught her off guard.

“Oh.  I’m sorry,” she says quietly.  “Why? Did something happen?”

 

Ben’s eyes drop, and he shakes his head sadly.  “Rey.  I think you know why.”

 

He can instantly feel that he's upset her, and it’s the last thing he ever wanted to do.  It’s not Rey's fault that he feels the way he does about her.  

 

Ben pushes on, resigned to be careful. “How are you doing otherwise?”

 

Rey hums. “I’m…okay.  Hang on, I’m gonna move into the bedroom.” 

 

Ben’s ears prick up.  If she’s going into the bedroom, away from Kylo, then she wants to share something for his ears only.  Or maybe she just doesn’t  want to wake her husband.  



He reaches for the Scotch he’d poured himself upon returning home, the glass sitting untouched since Rey had picked up the phone.  He takes a deep, fortifying sip, feels the slow, delicious burn of it going down.  He waits until he hears the soft click that tells him the bedroom door is closed. 

 

"Okay."   She’s more than three thousand miles away, but for whatever reason she sounds farther away right now than she did a minute ago.   He suspects it’s nerves. 

 

“Hey,” he grins. Suddenly, they have privacy, and it feels even better than he'd expected.  “So? What’s up?”

“I…” she heaves a sigh, and Ben is already picturing her, sitting on their huge bed, legs folded under her. Maybe she’s wearing more clothes than she is in his head, but she’s beautiful no matter what.  “Well…we’re not having sex much of late.  You know…”

 

“Right.  Because he can’t…” Ben supplies helpfully.  He knows that’s the only reason. 

 

“Yeah.  And it’s been a little....weird since you left….” she whimpers, and he can feel what she’s left unsaid.  “Ben? Can we Facetime?”

 

Ben licks his lips as his cock begins to tent his slacks.  “Sure, if you want to.  Call me back when you’re ready.”



When she hangs up, he settles onto the couch again, quickly unbuttoning his work shirt and tossing it over the back.  He hadn’t had a chance to change since he got home, and now he regrets it.  



Ben  reaches for his trusty laptop, perched on the coffee table in front of him, and fires it up.  His eyes dart  back to the phone as he waits for it to ring. 

 

When it does, he can see her in close-up.  Her sage green eyes simmering back at him, the dusting of freckles across the bridge of her nose begging to be kissed. 

 

“Hi again,” she smiles, when he hits the button to answer. A little too anxiously, if he’s honest.  

 

Rey is sitting on their king-sized bed, wearing a pair of denim shorts (a pair he knows well) and an  oversized t-shirt.  One of Kylo’s, no doubt.  Ben’s well aware of her penchant for wearing his shirts around the house, and how much Kylo loves it.  

 

Right now, it’s the way she’s sitting–the way she’s looking at him, that gets him going.  The way her knees are spread, he can see just a hint of bright pink, teasing him under one leg of her shorts.   It’s gotta be panties; it’s way too bright to be the lips of her cunt.   But the  thought that he's so close to seeing her naked makes him shift where he sits, adjusting himself off-camera.  



She’s wearing that cute, shy smile of hers.   Ben Solo, Jr. swells up insistently in the confines of  his pants, especially now that Big Ben has a better sense of where this conversation is going.  

 

“Damn,” he mumbles, struck dumb in the face of her beauty.  It’s been less than two weeks, but seeing her now makes his whole body ache for her.  “You look so pretty.” 



She thanks him, flushing lightly, and it makes him want to crawl through the screen to kiss her.  

 

“I was thinking of switching to my laptop.  Would that be okay?”



Oh, HELL to the yeah.

 

“Whatever you want, sweetheart,” he smirks. “I’ll do the same.  But what if Kylo wakes up?”

 

“Mmm, don’t worry about him.  I know how to handle my man,” she purrs.   Ben huffs, hugely amused, because after all, she isn’t  lying.  He knows she has his brother wrapped around her little finger. 



But that doesn’t  mean Kylo would be exactly thrilled to walk in and find his mate, naked Facetiming with his twin.  Since it seems like that’s what’s about to happen…what Ben hopes will happen. 



The little head is winning.  All Ben can think of at that moment is how badly he wants to see Rey.  All of Rey.

 

“I’ve been thinking about you.” She arches her eyebrow and flashes him a coy grin as she fiddles with her laptop.  

 

“Yeah? What exactly were you thinking about?” 

 

 “I was thinking about my heat, when you were here–”

 

Yes, yes.  Ben’s Alpha wants to crow with pride.

 

“How well you took care of me.”  Ben fusses with his own Mac, and instantly the screen fills with a perfect shot of her long, smooth legs.   She holds his gaze as she trails a hand down her thigh.  Without being asked, she opens the fly and slides the shorts off, to Ben’s utter delight.  Now he can see the crotch of her pink panties, how it’s darker, already wet with her arousal.  He bites down on a groan, palming himself through the layers of fabric.  He has no compunctions about stripping for her, if that’s what she wants, but for now, he’ll hold off.  



“Yeah? Would you show me that pretty pussy, Rey?” He’s breathing harder now as all remnants of restraint begin to slip from his grasp.  

 

She gives him a slow nod, parting her lips as she sits back to slide the tiny scrap of fabric down her legs.  Now, her pussy is fully exposed to him, already glistening.  Ben licks his lips at the sight, the taste of her a tantalizing memory that will never leave him.  

 

“Fuck,” he groans. “Are you gonna touch yourself for me, baby girl?"

 

“Only if you take your pants off first,” she shoots back. 

 

He doesn’t need to be asked twice.  

 

Rey bites her lip, watching as he quickly tugs off the belt and pants.  He catches the way Rey’s eyes widen at the thick bulge in his black boxer briefs, and smirks back at her.  

 

“All of it,” she says breathily. “Don’t tease me.”

 

Ben’s smile stretches wider. “Such a bad girl,” he chides darkly.  When he pulls the fabric down to free his erection, Rey lets out a little whimper at the sight of it.  

 

Her reaction stokes the fire, makes him want to push her a little farther.  See how far he can take this rare, private moment between them.

 

Ben leans back against the couch, pushing his hips out.  He takes his shaft in hand and pumps once, twice, precum already beading at the tip with Rey watching.  

 

“You miss this, Rey? You miss my cock?” 

 

“Uh huh.” The timber of her voice rises, as Rey slips a fingers inside herself, thumb swirling against her clit.  Her eyes stay glued to his. 

 

“Tell me.  Tell me what you think about,” Ben growls, as he works himself harder.  “Do you think about both of us, sharing you?” 

 

She nods frantically, and her body jerks a little. “Ye-yes.  I want that.”

 

“Yeah?” he presses. “Maybe next time we’re all together, we can fuck you at the same time.  Me in your ass and Kylo in your pussy.   Or….the other way around?” 



Rey’s eyes flutter at his words and she lets out a small cry.  In answer, Ben’s hips buck roughly into his own hand.  

 

“I don’t care.  I just want both of you.”  The admission is  somewhere between a wistful sigh and a lustful moan.  The sound makes him even harder, though he didn’t even think that was possible.  Ben grunts.

 

“Fuck yeah.  We can make that happen, Rey.  But I want to watch you come for me.”  

Just for me. 

 

She whines softly, as her fingers move faster over her clit.  Ben forgets about his own pleasure right then; all that matters is seeing Rey fall apart.  For him, only for him 

 

“Gonna-gonna come,” she gasps, hips thrusting wildly into nothing.  God, what he wouldn’t give to be inside her, right this minute.  Feeling her wet heat clutch at him, drawing him in. 

 

“Yes..do it, Omega.  Wanna give you my fat knot right now, baby…” 



Rey throws back her head, back arching sharply as she comes with a savage groan.  

 

Ben’s release follows right behind as he watches, pumping himself a few more times before he paints his thighs and belly with his cum.  

 

Both of them are still, panting, as they come down from the heavens.   As her aftershocks subside, Rey curls up and gives him a blissed out smile.  

 

“You good?” he asks, feeling just as boneless, peaceful.  Happy.  

 

“Yeah,” she breathes, “that was–” 

 

Seconds later, her demeanor changes, and she reaches over for her panties, straightening her clothes. 

 

“Shit….I hear him,” she whispers. "Kylo's up." 

 

Ben grunts, too relaxed right at that moment to care. 

 

His brother was bound to find out at some point.   

 

He’s still dazed as he watches Rey rise from the bed, moving to cut off their connection. 

 

“We’ll talk later, love,” she says, and blows him a kiss before her image freezes on screen. 

 

And then she’s gone. 

 

Notes:

"How Deep is Your Love", The Bee Gees. Saturday Night Fever, 1977.

Chapter 10: Dog Tags and Baby Shoes

Summary:

Well, it's been a minute! I'm happy to have you back, or here for the first time. Either way, I hope you've been enjoying this so far.

 

We're getting close to the end! Big reveal this chapter (although it's something we've been leading up to). From here on out, it'll all be fluff and smut. Cheers!
This was a fun chapter to write. I really love writing the dynamic between these two brothers.

Notes:

"

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

Friday

 

A light rain was pattering on the windshield as Rey guided the car down the highway. She was singing along with the radio as she drove, some dumb, impossibly catchy song.

They call me quiet girl
But I’m a riot
Mary-Jo-Lisa
Always the same

That’s not my name
That’s not my name

That's not my name--

 

Bobbing her head to the beat, she met his eyes and he flashed her a proud grin. She was handling the car so well, a mere few months after she’d finally received her driver’s license. Kylo had mentioned wanting to get her a car of her own, but Rey had scoffed at that. It wasn’t necessary, she insisted. There was no reason for her to have her own car. It was wasteful. And there was always the bus.

Kylo had rolled his eyes, but knew better than to argue. 

Rey had always been opposed to anything she deemed extravagant, even things that some people considered essential. She was right, he supposed.  A second car wasn't strictly necessary, and it wasn't in the budget.  They could take it out of their savings, but it could wait- for now.  

 

He couldn’t wait to get back to flying, had been itching for it the entire time he’d been saddled with the brace. But Doc Kenobi was about to free him and he’d be back in the pilot’s seat as soon as next week.

Flying paid far better than his work at the garage, another reason to start thinking about a move.  Maybe to the boroughs, or somewhere out on Long Island. They had agreed to hold out awhile longer-until Rey found a new job, or they had a new little Solo in the house.  Whichever came first.

 

Kylo’s eyes shifted from Rey’s pretty profile to the dog tags that hung from the rearview mirror. They swayed gracefully, taunting him. 

He’d noticed them for the first time a few weeks earlier, on a grocery run.  Of course, he hadn't needed to look to know whose name was on them.  Rey had told him Ben left them behind, but why she hadn’t sent them back to him was still a mystery.

 

“Tell me again why my brother’s dog tags are hanging from the mirror,” he growled.

Kylo knew she belonged to him; she was his, and he was hers, in every possible way. He hated this feeling, this inexplicable flush of jealousy that reared its ugly head every now and then. He knew it was ridiculous. Why should it matter? They were just dog tags.  

And they belonged to his twin. 
.

Rey stopped singing mid-verse and her gaze flicked to his, her breath stuttering for a moment at the abrupt question.

“I told you. He left them.  They're just a reminder."

"A reminder...?"  he huffed, shaking his head. "Of what? Of your time together?"

The words spilled out so fast, his brain could barely keep up.  Rey clucked her tongue and shot him a glare. 

"Why does it bother you so much? Honestly, Ky.”

 

He kept his eyes on the road ahead as he spoke.  He didn’t want to entertain the other thoughts that popped into his head. Why would he have taken them off, in the first place? It almost seemed…deliberate.  The car was silent for a full minute before he spoke again, his breathing slowed.  

 

“You miss him, don’t you.”

Her answer came a beat later, her voice soft.  “Yes."  She glanced back at him. "Don't you?"

Kylo’s eyes fluttered shut and he sighed.  "That's different." 

A moment later, her small hand landed on top of his and squeezed.

“I’m yours, you know."

He swallowed hard, his throat suddenly dry as sandpaper. “I know.”

“And you’re mine, Alpha. Forever.”

He looked up then, to meet her gaze; the midday sun turned her freckles the color of caramel, her eyes a bright sage green.

His lips formed a wan smile.

“I know. And I’m the luckiest man in the world.”

 

*******

 

It was Tuesday morning when Ben walked into the station, bleary-eyed and hungover from the night before. Gwen beckoned him over to the front desk.

“What?” he rasped. “Can’t I even get a cup of coffee first?”

“Good morning to you, too,” she chuckled, shooting him an indulgent grin. Gwen had been with the department for close to fifteen years. She was reliable, quick, and had a whip sharp wit that never failed to make her coworkers laugh or take them down, in turn.

“Yeah. Sorry, I feel like shit. What you got?”

Gwen pursed her lips. “Your brother.  Last night and again this morning."

 

Frowning, Ben snatched at the piece of paper from her hand.  It wasn't his cell;  Kylo must have called from the house phone. 

He grunted his thanks, his mind already far away.

“Don’t mention it," Gwen called to his retreating figure. 

 

 

Ben went straight to the break room and slid a pod into the Keurig.  He chewed on his lip as the coffee brewed.  The knowledge of what the call might mean descended on him in a rush; Ben's heart skipped a beat.

He set the message aside for the moment and tried to dive into the Carlsbeck file, but his eyes kept drifting back to the little piece of paper.  Anxiety and curiosity warred with guilt.  He'd been making a concerted effort not to call them as much lately.  It was just easier not to hear their voices across the miles, reminding him of what he would never have.  

 

Kylo picked up on the second ring.

 

“Hey! You been dodging my calls, bro?"

Ben winced.  "Don't call me that."

"Well, you are my brother. Bro."

"Kylo--"

"Answer the question."

“N-sorry.  I'm sorry, okay?  I've been on a big case last few weeks.  What's up?" 

"I just wanted to make sure everything was okay.  You've been kinda MIA lately." 

“Yeah, ‘m sorry.  It’s just this case.  It’s been a real bitch.”

 

“Hmm.  Seems like you always used to find time before.” 

 

Ben sighed. “I know, I know.  Everything okay? How’s Rey?”

 

“She’s great.  She misses you, though.”

 

A sweet warmth bloomed in Ben’s belly. 

 

 “Yeah? She say that?”

 

“As a matter of fact, she did.” Ben smiled  and scratched the side of his jaw.

 

“Wipe that stupid smirk off your face.”

 

“I’m not smiling.”  

 

“Yeah, you are.  I can hear it in your voice.” 

 

Ben snorted. “Is she there?”

 

“No, she’s not, so call us back when you get home so we can Facetime.” 

 

“Are we….did you guys get some news?”  

 

Kylo’s low chuckle rumbled across the airwaves.  “Just call us back, dude. We can talk then.” 

 

“’ll be home around seven.” 

 

Staying focused on work for the rest of the day was a real challenge.  

 

*******

 

When Ben finally made it home, it was nearly six-thirty.  A little earlier than his projected time, but that meant it was nine-thirty in New York.   No sense in wasting another moment.

 

After a good two weeks of avoiding their calls, he couldn’t wait to see Rey.  To be fair, Ben had never completely ignored either of them.   When Kylo called, he rarely left voicemails anyway.  When Rey did, Ben would eventually text her back, promising to catch up with both of them soon. 

 

He and Rey had played around on Facetime just once, although she did enjoy teasing him with racy texts now and then.  And there was the one time she’d sent him a selfie, lying on their big bed in  brand new lilac lingerie.  That photo had kept Ben up late on more nights than one.  




Ben cracked open his beer as he waited ‘til his brother’s smug face swam into view.  The first thing he noticed was how different Kylo looked.  

 

“Hey.  What’s up, bro?” Kylo smirked. 

 

Ben resisted the urge to roll his eyes at the nickname. “You shaved?” 

 

“I did,” he agreed. “I usually do it, like once a year.  Gives my skin a chance to breathe. His eyes drifted to the right, to someone offscreen. “Rey likes it. Right, babe?”  He turned the phone until Rey’s face filled the screen. 

 

“You know I like the beard, ‘but it’s nice for a change.” Her focus honed in on Ben. “Hiya, Benji.” 

 

His heart melted, seeing her.  The familiar freckles and soft green eyes spark all kinds of memories, and his dick twitched under his slacks.

 

“Hey, sweetheart.  I missed you.” 

 

She arched a brow at him playfully. “Did you? You’ve been busy, I hear.” 

 

“I have, yes.  Work’s been insane.  I’ve been on this big case and–” he waved it off, not wanting to embellish any more than necessary.  Regret hit him hard then, tinged with shame for avoiding contact with them.  Rey deserved better; so did Kylo.

 

She nodded, but before she could say anything more,  the screen switched back to Kylo. 

 

 “Hey.  We were talking about switching to the computer.  I’m gonna hang up and we’ll call you back in five, okay?” 

 

“Sounds good.”

 

Kylo’s lips quirked up. “Get comfortable.” 

 

Ben couldn’t help but wonder if changing the setup was Rey’s idea.  Kylo never had been particularly tech-savvy. 



The thought made him chuckle as he stripped out of his work clothes and changed into his favorite pair of joggers.  For a second, he considered going shirtless.  He knew Rey would enjoy it, but his brother might not.  He tugged on a clean white polo, turned the A/C on and settled back in position on the couch, leg bouncing as he waited for the call.  Maybe this was just one of their hangout sessions, but he sensed there was more.  As his brain began to calculate just how many weeks had passed since he’d been in New York, the call came in.  

 

“Here we are,” Kylo crooned.  He and Rey sat side by side on their bed, their backs to the headboard.   Ben’s breath caught in his throat as he remembered the last time he’d been there with them on that very bed.  Rey was a little flushed, and Ben wished so badly that he could touch her.  She wore a little green nightie that fell to her knees, exposing her sleekly muscled calves.  Ben licked his lips, wondering if she was wearing panties. 

 

“So, Ben.  We still have your dog tags, you know.”

 

He swallowed hard.  Had Rey told him….? 

 

“I know.”

 

“Yep.  Rey has them hanging from the rearview in the car," he continued, with a glance at his blushing bride. “We can send them back to you anytime.” 

 

Ben gave a vague shrug. “It’s…no big deal,” he muttered, not sure he liked the direction the conversation seemed to be going.  

 

Kylo hummed. “Well.  We can hold onto them for awhile, until you come back out here, but umm..” he turned to watch Rey. “We might want to replace them with something else.  Not right away, but…”

 

Rey giggled, breaking the tension.  She smiled and shook her head at some  private joke.  

 

“When do you think we should do that, little one?” 

 

“Umm.  In about nine months?” 

 

Ben’s mouth dropped open as a grin split Kylo's face. 

 

"Yeah, something like that.   We might have to hang a pair of little tiny shoes there instead."

 

“Are you–are you really?” Ben puffed, eyes shifting between them. 

 

“I am.  Really,” she beamed.  "And Kylo, newborns don't wear shoes." 

 

“Oh, my God! I’m so happy for you guys!” 

 

“Yep.  She tested last weekend and it came up aces."  

 

“I knew it was going to happen,” Rey breezed.  “I went to see my GYN earlier for a blood test just to confirm, but I know it’s right.  We’re gonna have a baby!" 

 

“Yes," Kylo agreed,  smiling at Rey and then back at his brother.  "We.  All three of us.  It’ll be our baby.” 

 

Ben felt the blood rushing in his ears as he digested this new information. “You…you sure?”

 

Rey leaned forward, elbows resting on her knees as she locked eyes with him.

“I spoke with my doctor.  There is no way to verify paternity when it comes to identical twins.  So there’s absolutely no reason to do a test.” 

 

Ben’s eyes wandered back to his brother, but Kylo was nodding thoughtfully.  They all knew that the likelihood of Ben being the father was very high.  But this new shift in perspective was not something he'd expected--not from his brother. 

 

“Rey and I worked this out between us,” Kylo explained. “From here on out, it’s just a matter of how much you want to be involved in our baby’s life.” 

 

Ben took a deep breath. “So…what are you saying? This kid's gonna have two daddies?”

 

Rey and Kylo looked at each other.  She slipped her hand into his and he brought it to his lips, kissing her knuckles tenderly.  It was such an intimate gesture, evoking complete understanding and love.  

 

“We can figure that part out when it comes,” Kylo said. “All that really matters is that this baby is healthy and loved.”

 

Who is this person and what the fuck have you done with my brother?  



“We’re hoping  you’ll be around more often.”

 

Rey made a small noise of displeasure and looked back into the camera. “No pressure, Ben.  Whatever you’re willing to give us, we’re happy to accept.  We’d like to have weekly talks with you, if we can.  But when you’re busy, we’ll understand.” 

 

“Yeah.  We will,” Kylo agreed. “Promise.” 



Ben nodded slowly and watched as his brother splayed a hand across Rey’s belly.  The look on his face was one of wonderment. 

 

“She’s gonna be so pretty, all swollen with our child,” he croaked.  Rey grinned back at him. 

 

“You’ll be such a good mother,” Ben sighed in such a way that made them both turn back to the screen. “You too, fuckface.” 

 

“Yeah?” Kylo chuckled. “I’ll be a good mother?”

 

Ben did roll his eyes this time, as laughter erupted from his lips.  It felt so good.  So right. 

 

“You know what I mean.” 

 

“Yeah, I do, fuckface.” 



“Jesus, the two of you,” Rey groused.  “You’re like two puppies rolling around, trying to assert dominance.” 

 

“But you love us anyway,” Kylo smirked.  

 

Us.   You love us.

 

The thought lodged in a corner of his brain and repeated itself, over and over, as Rey and Kylo began to kiss in front of him.  

 

It was sweet at first, but when his brother tugged the strap of Rey’s nightgown down and kissed her neck and then her shoulder, Ben suddenly couldn’t breathe.  His cock swelled to full capacity so fast, it made his head spin.  Suddenly, they were back on the couch in Grandma Padme’s house, that weekend years ago. When he’d arrived unexpectedly to find his brother with a seventeen-year-old Omega in the house.   



Then Kylo pulled away, just for a second, to look back into the camera. 

 

“I don’t know how you feel about it, but I’m in the mood to fuck my wife,” he growled.  “Do you want to watch?”

 

Ben’s body tensed.  He wanted it, and didn’t in equal measure.  He sat frozen, trying to figure out the right answer, when Rey spoke. 

 

“How about we play a game?"

 

Kylo’s eyes widened as he stroked a nipple through the thin fabric of the gown. She let out a little moan. 

 

“Yeah? What kind of game?”

 

Her eyes flashed to the camera once and then back to Kylo.  “How ‘bout you let Ben tell you how to handle me.” 

 

Even with this distance between them, Ben could see the way Kylo lit up at the suggestion.  His tongue flicked out at the corner of his mouth. 

 

“Mmm.  If that’s what you want, baby. What do you think, Ben? You up for it?”

 

Ben palmed his crotch through his sweats. 

 

“You know I love a challenge, Ky.”  Bringing up the fact that he now knew how to pleasure Rey as well as Kylo did himself would not have been helpful, but the knowledge was heartening. 

 

Kylo let out an menacing little laugh that was vaguely reminiscent of Doctor Evil. 

 

 “Have at it then, bro. Let’s make our girl come.”

 

Yes, exactly.  

 

“Why don’t you start with those perfect little tits," Ben suggested.  "Suck on them, one at a time. Hard.”

 

“Aye aye, Captain.”

 

Kylo started by helping reposition Rey so that she was sprawled across the bed horizontally, to give Ben a better view.  

  It wasn’t perfect, but it was more than enough–certainly more than he’d expected.  The little sounds she made as Kylo circled his tongue around one nipple before sucking it into his mouth…God.  Ben knew his heart was racing as he watched his brother switch to the other breast.  He squeezed the head of his dick again, all too aware of how on edge he was already,  but he was determined to make this last as long as possible. 

 

Suddenly, Kylo shifted, his soft lips poised at Rey’s belly button as he looked into the camera.

 

“Now what?” 

 

Ben was enjoying this, but he didn’t feel the need to overcomplicate it or draw it out.  

 

“Keep going.  Kiss your way down to her pussy.  Tell me how wet she is.” 

 

His brother’s handsome face reshaped into a cocky grin.  “I can do that.” 

 

“Slowly,” Ben asserted.



Eyes glued to the screen, he watched as his brother nosed his way towards the fluffy little patch of hair at the apex of Rey’s thighs.  He breathed in deeply and Ben remembered just how good she smelled.  He gave himself a squeeze and then started to lazily stroke. 

"God, she’s so wet," Kylo murmured.  "Dripping."

Rey’s little cries grew deeper, more plaintive as Kylo sucked and licked at her  tender little bud. He held her down, one hand pressing gently on her middle as he worked her over.  

 

“Give her one finger,” Ben ordered, spreading the precum over the head of his cock.  Rey moaned when Kylo followed his brother’s orders, and Ben's groan followed.  Time fell away as he watched Rey glide towards her climax, chasing his own.  

 

"Fuck. I remember how good she tastes."

Kylo hummed his approval into her cunt.  

 

Watching them was almost as good as being there himself.  Kylo raised his head at one point, his lips glistening with her slick.  “She’s close, I think.  Are you close, baby?”

 

“Mm, so close,” she cried.

“Faster,” Ben grunted, speeding up his own rhythm.  He waited until her high pitched whine shattered the space between them before he finally let go.  His cum shot out in convulsive spurts, covering his belly and his hand.  

 

Ben’s eyes fluttered shut as he panted, that sweet, boneless release flooding his body and brain.  When he looked up again, Kylo and Rey were kissing softly.  For a moment, he thought they’d forgotten he was there, on camera.   But then Rey pulled back and smiled at him shyly.  

 

“Nice work, bro,” Kylo nodded, waggling his eyebrows.  “You good, baby?” 

 

“Mm.  Better than good,” Rey slurred.  Her eyelids were heavy, and she wore a dreamy smile.  Ben thought she never looked more beautiful.  

 

"I'm gonna fuck my wife now, if you want to stay and watch." 

 

“Yeah,” Ben agreed.  "Sure.  I’m not twenty-one anymore, dude.” 

 

“All good.  Just so you know, I'm calling the shots this time.” 

 

“Whatever you say, bro.  Whatever you say.”  

 

Notes:

Kylo finally gave in to the notion of sharing Rey with his brother in a bigger way. Next chapter will feature pregnancy talk as well as a healthy dose of Benlo, so be prepared!! 😜💕

 

"That's Not My Name." The Ting Tings, from the LP We Started Nothing. 2009 release (US)

Chapter 11: Three is a Magic Number

Summary:

There's a lot going on here. Some flashbacks, Ben in the present, trying to figure out how to be more involved in the future of their growing family. And then, yeah, some Benlo.

Oh and yeah, that chapter count just went up--look at that, hehe.

Notes:

Be warned: there is twincest in this chapter, so if that's not your jam, you might want to skip it. But if you're down for the ride with our two beautiful boys, buckle up, Buttercup!! ;)

Chapter Text

Since they’d shared the news of Rey’s pregnancy with Ben, Kylo found himself thinking about his brother more and more.

As far back as Kylo could remember, Ben had always taken care of him. Older by nine minutes, his twin had unfailingly been the one to comfort him during those times when their parents were otherwise engaged. There was the fighting, of course–angry words, shouting that reached their ears through the thin bedroom walls during late hours. Ben would always cuddle Kylo on those nights, holding him and sometimes rocking him to sleep.

The fights had reached a peak when they were ten. Even before that, their father would sometimes disappear for days at a time, with no explanation. Leia would just say, “He’s traveling,” or “it’s a work thing.” But as time went on, both boys realized there was something else going on. Neither one of them pushed it.

They still had each other, and that was enough.

 

In school, Ben carried himself with a certain kind of confidence that Kylo had always admired. He wasn’t terribly outgoing, and he never really fit in, but his I don’t give a fuck air ensured that no one bothered him. He spoke up frequently in class and handled his studies with relative ease, making him an excellent choice of tutor for select classmates. Kylo, on the other hand, was quiet and withdrawn, daydreaming during classes and doodling in a special notebook of his.

When a couple of boys started to harass Kylo during recess, it was always Ben who stepped in to protect his little brother. It wasn’t that Kylo didn’t want to fight back, but he’d often find himself outnumbered. He’d just freeze up, tucking his head low and muttering words that he hoped sounded threatening. But it never seemed to stop them.

Not until Ben showed up.

The first time Kylo came home bloodied and bruised, Ben went livid. Kylo had tried to laugh it off though, as Ben took to cleaning the cuts on his face. They both knew that Leia would have a heart attack when she saw him that way.

“You should have seen the other guy,” he joked, wincing at the burn of antiseptic.

Ben shook his head slowly, trying to tamp down his anger.

“How many were there?”

Kylo shrugged.

“How many, Ky?” Ben withdrew the cotton and stared hard at his brother.

 

“Three.” He sniffled, and Ben didn’t miss the way his twin’s eyes glistened with unshed tears.     But they didn’t fall, of course. Kylo always had to be the tough guy.

“Fucking cowards,” Ben growled.

 

He was extra careful, over the next few weeks, making sure they were together as much as they could be.

 

It was a Friday afternoon in late Spring, when Ben was leaving the gym after wrestling practice. Those days, Kylo usually stayed late and worked in the Ms. Kanata’s art studio. He and a few other students would hang out and sketch or work on their projects while a beat-up old radio cranked out classic rock. It had become a sort of haven for Kylo. Ben had his athletics, and Kylo had his art.

The irony of this wasn’t lost on Kylo, or on either of them, when they thought back to those days.

 

 

Ben had spotted them the minute he left the gym. Kylo was at the bottom of the steps, and there was a small group of kids nearby. Snap Wexley, the worst of the bunch, was already circling him, calling him names. Taunting.

Ben saw red.

He moved so quickly, he was on them before Snap even noticed.

Ben shoved the older boy hard, so hard he nearly lost his balance and fell on his ass.  The rest of them all stepped back, as if in sync.

 

“Stay away from my brother, Wexley. I told you this before, but you clearly don’t learn.”

Snap huffed, rolling his eyes, but the fear written there was unmistakable. Ben didn’t stop to question any of it–the brothers were about the same size, but Kylo was seen as an obvious target. But Ben?

Oh, fuck no.

“Try that shit again and I’ll rearrange your face,” Ben spat. He glanced over at Kylo, who still looked uneasy over the situation. But it didn’t matter. If Ben had to fight three guys at once to protect Kylo, if he had to go home with a black eye and fat lip and got suspended, it wouldn’t matter. Of course, he hoped Kylo would jump in, if it came to that.  But it was his brother's safety that mattered most. 

 

To his surprise, Wexley raised his hands in the air. “Yeah, yeah. Ben, the big talker,” he sneered. A moment later, he gestured to the others. “We got someplace to be. See you pussies later.”

 

The brothers watched the trio wander away, cursing and laughing. It didn’t matter though, none of it did. It was over, and they were walking away in one piece.

 

Ben looked back at Kylo. “You okay?”

Kylo nodded, eyes on the ground.

Affection and relief surged through him as Ben reached out to slide an arm around him.

“C’mon, let’s get home.”

 

 

There were no more confrontations for the rest of the semester. And by the following October, the twins had both shot up a couple of inches. Kylo had started running track and lifting weights.  None of his former bullies would dare cast a glance in his direction. Ben was still wrestling, but his interest were  slowly shifting to other things. Like Chess, and social clubs.

And girls. 

 

 

 

Eventually, the day arrived when they realized Han was not coming home. It had been three weeks, and the boys could sometimes hear their mother crying late into the night. Kylo had been having trouble sleeping that whole week, so Ben made a habit of climbing into his bed each night, cradling him until he slept. Most mornings, when Kylo woke, Ben would still be there. The beds were small, and his brother took up a lot of room, but Kylo didn’t care. Having his brother beside him was worth it.

“You know I got you, right?” Ben asked. Kylo couldn’t speak, he could only shiver a bit under his brother’s touch, calmed by his sure words.

“We stick together, you and I. No matter what.”

 

It wasn’t the first time they had ever touched each other, that had happened long before. Back when they were even younger, just out of curiosity. But that curiosity had morphed into something deeper: a need for the comfort that could only come from being so close to another person. A person who knew you better than anyone else in the whole world.

Your other half.

 

*********

 

 

 

True to his word, Ben checked in with Kylo and Rey, at least once a week, but more often twice, their schedules allowing. 

 

They usually had their family pow wows, as Kylo liked to call them, on Saturday afternoons, before dinner time in New York late afternoon for Ben. But the three of them did their best to adhere to this schedule, committed to what had quickly become a ritual.

 

“How cute is this little belly?” Kylo crooned, flashing his sweetest grin at the camera.

He was on his knees in front of a glowing Rey, and Ben couldn’t stop thinking how she was even more beautiful this way. Kylo gently lifted the hem of her maternity blouse to reveal the sweet, soft roundness of her growing abdomen. He flattened a palm over it , rubbing in soothing circles before leaning in to plant a reverent kiss just over her belly button. Rey giggled, watching him through her lashes, a beatific smile on her face.

“Adorable,” Ben agreed, with a wistful sigh. Maybe it should have be surprising, how much things had shifted between the three of them since August, when they’d called to make the announcement. But wondering that seemed pointless. It seemed better not to question it, and just enjoy the journey.

 

 

************************

Seven months into Rey’s pregnancy, Ben finally managed to get away. He’d arranged to get several days off and was excited about spending some time with Kylo and Rey. And this time, he had a surprise for them.

 

The first night of his arrival, they were sitting at the kitchen table, eating Chinese takeout. As soon as Ben arrived, Rey had led him straight to the nursery to show her the crib Han had made for them by hand.  

“Wow. Someone’s trying to make up for past transgressions,” Ben chuckled. Kylo’s brows pitched together as he nodded.

“I think he is. He’s really trying, Ben. We’ve seen him more in the past three months than in the past three years. Mom, too. They’re both so excited.”

“Of course they are.”

“They’ve even come over for dinner together, a couple times,” Rey commented, wide-eyed. “If you can believe that.”

“Next thing you’ll be telling me they’re getting back together.”

Kylo arched an eyebrow at his twin. “I wouldn’t go that far.”

 

The following day was spent at the mall, moving  from one store to another. Ben had made it clear that he didn’t want to know the sex of the baby beforehand, even though they’d already gone for the sonogram. He wanted to be surprised. So when they discussed names, Ben picked out one for each.

“Tai for a boy, and Lily for a girl.”

 

Kylo and Rey exchanged glances.

“What? I mean, if you don’t like either, we can–”

 

“No,” Rey said. “It’s just funny. We’d already discussed Lily, or Lisel.”

“Lisel, from The Sound of Music,” Ben smiled. Leave it to Rey to pick the name of a character from one of her favorite movies. "Right?"

 

“Yes,” she confirmed. “But I do think Lily Solo sounds better than Lisel Solo.”

“I like Star, too,” Kylo said.

Ben’s eyebrows shot up in amusement. “Star?”

 

“Yeah. What’s wrong with Star? I think it’s pretty.”

“It’s a hippie name,” Ben shot back, but he was grinning.

 

**********

Ben had yet to tell them that he’d been thinking of relocating. Every time he felt ready to bring it up, the conversation would switch to something else. He’d have to find the right time.

 

They’d had a late lunch out, so none of them seemed eager for dinner. They were relaxing on the couch, Rey lying with her bare feet in Kylo’s lap, listening distractedly to the news when–

 

“So fellas. How would you feel about moving into the bedroom?”

Kylo froze mid-sentence, both he and his brother turning to face her. Rey flashed a mysterious little smile and slowly rubbed her belly. At seven months into her pregnancy, her naturally slender body was dominated by its full roundness. Kylo had taken to teasing her about the way she waddled around the house, but Ben didn’t think he’d ever seen his little brother dote on her this much. The prospect of fatherhood had softened him already, and the baby hadn’t even come yet.

 

“What do you have in mind, little one?” Kylo smirked, shooting a glance at his brother.  Ben knew what Kylo was thinking, of course, because he was thinking the same exact thing. He wasn’t quite sure of the logistics, everything considered, but he was more than willing to consider it if it would make Rey happy.

He’d probably crawl over broken glass if she asked him to.

Rey reached out to take her husband’s hand in hers.

“Come find out,” she coaxed, reaching to take Ben’s hand in her other. He didn’t hesitate.

Sharing was something the three of them had discussed multiple times, and Ben was fully down. But this time….it caught him off guard.

The three of them moved silently into the bedroom and Rey immediately took her spot, back against the headboard.

 

Ben watched as Kylo leaned down, tilting Rey’s chin up with a finger.

“You sure this is a good idea, Sweetheart?” Kylo asked, apprehension darkening his features. “We have to be really careful. I don’t want to hurt the baby.”

“Oh, we won’t,” she nodded. He mirrored her nod before leaning down to kiss her. Ben licked his lips, his cock already beginning to swell at the thought of what was to come. Kylo was right about being careful, but they could certainly work around it. Maybe she could just lie back on the bed and let them both worship her pussy.

She broke the kiss and looked up at Kylo through her lashes. “I’m retaining water. I’m all puffy and sore, and my feet hurt. I feel kind of gross–’

“Rey, you’re beautiful,” Kylo protested before she could finish. “You’re even more beautiful this way, if that’s possible. Please don’t say that.”

Rey huffed. “You didn’t let me finish.” Chastened, Kylo pressed his lips together.

“I thought, maybe….you’d let me watch this time.”

“....watch…?” he muttered, clearly confused.

“But only if both of you are into it,” she added quickly. Her eyes flicked to Ben. It didn’t take him more than a second to figure out he was down for it.

As realization hit him, Kylo’s eyes went comically wide; Ben had to bite back on a chuckle. He remembered that night when the three of them had shared a bed during Rey’s heat. And Ben had just….reached over to soothe his brother. It felt completely natural.

 

“Rey?” Kylo’s voice was a little higher than usual. A little shakier.

“Oh, come on,” she purred. “I thought you’d enjoy it. But if you don’t want to, no pressure.” 

Kylo let out an awkward little laugh and ran his hands through his hair in that way he did when he was nervous. He glanced back at his twin.

“Ben?” Kylo breathed, more unsure of himself than Ben could remember seeing his brother in a long time.

A very long time.

“Is that….do you...?”

Ben’s throat had gone dry. “I’m good with it, if you are.” He swallowed heavily, noting the way his twin’s eyes grew darker, as they burned into his. Ben knew that look. He’d seen it enough, over the years, usually directed towards Rey. But now….

Kylo took a deep breath, and Ben could still sense the hesitation in him. His brother’s eyes flashed back to Rey, who was watching them both expectantly. She looked so pretty lying there, wearing that mysterious little smile, gently rubbing her belly. He could clearly make out the outline of her nipples, pushing through the fabric of her thin blouse. Her breasts had grown plump, so much fuller than normal. He wanted his mouth on them, but maybe that would have to wait for another time.

 

Kylo was about to speak when Ben closed the distance between them. He cupped his brother’s face gently, reading his expression for any sign of displeasure and finding none. Then Kylo’s eyes dropped to his lips and Ben lunged.

 

It was a little odd, at first. Kissing Kylo was nothing like kissing Rey, of course. They were eye to eye, matched in size. Kylo’s stubble scraped lightly against his cheek as their mouths moved together slowly, in a dance that felt new and strange, yet oddly familiar. When Kylo’s hand rose to the back of his head, Ben sighed into his brother’s mouth.

When he finally drew away, they were both a little breathless.

“Fuck,” Rey murmured from the bed. She’d repositioned herself, long legs stretched out towards them as she watched, leaning on her elbows. “The two of you together….Jesus.”

Ben couldn’t resist giving her a little smirk. He was fully hard now, and having Rey watch them just made the whole thing more exciting.

“Are you sure you want this, Ky?” Ben asked.

“I….well, I'm– “ he blew out a breath, straining to compose himself. The outline of his hardening cock was already evident through the thin sweatpants. Kylo’s head might not have been ready, but his body sure was. “Have you done this before?”

“With other guys? No.”  He'd never thought of it, never wanted it.  "But this is....different.  It's just us."

Kylo nodded, but that wasn't enough.  

"Is that a yes? I need you to say the words."

"Yes," he nodded again, throat bobbing. "I want this."

 

 

All their lives, Kylo had been the one who did what he wanted, never worrying about the rules.

 

“Fuck the rules.  Rules are made to be broken, ” Kylo used to say back in high school.  For all intents and purposes, Ben had always been the good son.   The one who studied, got good grades.  The one who planned to go to a good college.  The one who dated a cheerleader.   Not Kylo, who’d nearly dropped out and then got busted for stealing a car.   

 

Not Kylo, who’d been groomed by his high school coach.  The man who later tried to assault him.

 

But for the first time since their school days, they had switched roles.  





“So…what now?” Kylo asked.  

 

Ben shushed him, running his hands down his sides and up his back.  Kylo shivered under his touch, and it made him bold.  

 

Suddenly, he was ready to take off the gloves, to just let things happen.  Go with the flow.   

 

“This,” Ben said calmly, tugging at his brother’s shirt. “Off.”

 

Kylo opened his mouth to speak, but nothing came out.  But seconds later, he did as he was told, his honey-colored eyes fixed on Ben as he waited for further instructions.  

Well, this was different.  Ben smiled to himself as he took off his own shirt.   A quick glance to his left gave him a chance to view Rey’s position.   She was lazily rubbing two fingers along the outside of her panties, her eyes dark with lust.  Knowing she wanted to see them like this made it so much hotter. 

 

"Pants, too," Ben instructed.  Kylo grunted his assent, loosening the string of his joggers to let them slide down his thick thighs. 

 

He was naked underneath.  It took Ben a minute then, but he should have known.  Kylo loved to go commando–it wasn’t anything new.   In the past, though, Ben  never would allowed himself the chance to stare at his twin's dick.   But now, he couldn’t take his eyes off it.  Long and generous,  perfectly cut, and flushed pink as it  bobbed up against his belly.  When Ben's eyes flicked back up, he was met with a little smirk.  

 

   "What's the matter, Ben? It’s not like you don’t have one just like it."  Kylo slid a meaty fist over himself, pumping slowly, once and then again as wetness leaked from the tip.  For a moment, he was himself.  The one used to being in control–the one who just didn’t give a fuck.  It was clear he was enjoying being watched by both of them.  



"It's odd," Ben mused. "I've never really thought about how it looks.  But now…seeing it, like this…I've gotta admit, Ky…you’ve got a very pretty cock." 

 

The smirk vanished, and suddenly Kylo looked almost bashful again.  The tips of his ears showed pink, where they poked out from his hair.  

 

"Don't you think, Rey?" Ben reached over to grasp said pretty cock between his fingers and Kylo gasped.   Ben pushed his brother's hand aside so he could resume pumping him.  

 

“Oh, yes,” she purred.  “Such pretty cocks.  Both of you.”

 

Not a word of protest came from Kylo.  There was only a soft murmur of something like frustration when Ben moved his hand away.   He made quick work of his own sweats, stepping out of them when they pooled at his feet.  He stood before his twin in nothing but a pair of striped cotton boxers.  

 

Ben was harder than he could remember being in recent memory.  

 

For a long moment, they just watched each other.  But Ben knew he’d have to be the one to make the next move. 

 

“Sit on the bed.” 

 

Kylo licked his lips and nodded, mute, before moving to situate his nude body at the edge of the bed.   Ben wasted no time, as he moved into position, going to his knees before his brother.  

 

“You might want to move a little, Rey.  Make sure you have a good view.”

 

But she was already scooting over to the end of the bed, curling herself toward them for a better angle.    Pregnancy had muted her familiar scent.  The sharp, distinctive aroma of freshly baked cookies had been tamped down to something more like freshly baked bread.  But Ben loved it just as much, and he knew without question that his brother felt the same.  

 


Ben leaned down, poised over his brother.  Waiting.  Kylo already looked wrecked, naked need scrawled across his face.  Ben smiled inwardly and wrapped his lips around the head of Kylo’s cock.  

 

Kylo groaned at the contact, the sound only making Ben swell even more, still trapped in the confines of his boxers.  He was suddenly very determined to do this, to do anything that would reduce his cocky brother to a quivering mass of jelly right in front of him.  Ben was struck with a powerful, inexplicable need to hear his brother beg him.



 What would happen after that…..well, he hadn’t thought that far ahead.



Kylo shuddered and moaned, his entire body quivering as his older brother worked him over with his mouth.  Taking him down his throat, little by little.  

 

“Oh…oh, fuuuck, Ben…..” 

 

Ben was operating on pure instinct.  He’d never sucked cock before, of course, but he knew what he liked, and experimenting with his twin’s body was….well, strangely like coming home. 

 

Kylo’s lashes fluttered as Ben worked him thoroughly, patiently.  Ben’s attention was centered on his twin, but he couldn’t help but be aware of Rey, just off to the side behind him.  Her soft moans.   His own arousal built quickly, skyrocketing higher and higher until Ben was sure he would come untouched, in his shorts, like a fucking teenager.  

 

Inspired, he pulled off Kylo with a wet pop.  The response was immediate.

 

“The fuck, Ben? Why’d you stop?”

 

He ignored his brother long enough to catch Rey’s attention.  “You have lube?”

She nodded her assent, instantly moving to snatch it out of the bedside drawer and toss it to him. 

 

“That’s fucked up,” Kylo moaned.  “Really, fuck– ngggh”

 

His tone shifted instantly as Ben resumed what he’d been doing.  Kylo’s hips seemed to move of their own accord now, snapping towards Ben’s face as he chased his pleasure. 

 

 But Ben wasn’t done exploring. 

 

His hand crept to the sensitive patch of skin under Kylo’s balls, and began to stroke there.  The grunt he received in response was almost enough to make him laugh, but he managed to keep going.  Spreading lube over Kylo’s puckered hole–the place he’d always thought of as off limits–was oh so satisfying.   His brother was panting now.  Soft, pleading moans followed that told Ben he was about to lose it.  

 

He didn’t need to hear the protest; he knew.

 

“I’m not going to fuck you, Ky.  Not tonight, anyway.”  With that, his mouth resumed its duties, his brother glared down at him for a hot second, before his eyes rolled back in his head.  Ben had carefully breached that hole, feeling it give way, finally welcoming him in.  He grunted his approval and kept sucking.  


“Ben…fuuuck,” Kylo groaned.  “Gonna come…..”

 

The corners of Ben’s eyes crinkled as he stared up at Kylo, giving him permission.  In the next thirty seconds, Kylo abandoned all hesitation, fucking his brother’s mouth wildly before he let go, shooting thick ropes of cum down his throat.    

 

Ben managed to hold himself still.   He heard Rey’s escalating cries as she brought herself off, just a little further away.  The blood pounded in his ears as he waited, controlling himself a little longer as Kylo and Rey slowly drifted down to earth from their own respective clouds.  

 

Kylo collapsed backwards on the bed, boneless, eyes closed.  Ben’s eyes snapped to Rey.  She was smiling. 

 

“C’mere, my sweet Ben," she cooed.  “Let me take care of you now."






Chapter 12: Baby, Baby

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

Ben had held his tongue for so long about the possibility of moving to New York, afraid it would make an already complex situation more so. He had no desire to inflame Kylo’s innate possessive streak, nor did he want to make either of them feel pressured to accept his presence in their home. He went back and forth on the matter for weeks, trying to figure out just how invested he should be. Being a doting uncle was one thing, but Ben knew, deep in his heart, that this baby was his. No matter what Kylo had said, about the co-parenting thing, he couldn’t help but take a certain joy in the feeling that the baby in Rey’s belly was put there by his seed.

 

It was the morning after his long-overdue return, and Kylo was making breakfast. It had been the ritual between he and Rey ever since they first got together, Ben knew. He wasn’t about to do anything that might get in the way of their beloved routine. Maybe, if he was lucky, they'd be willing to work his presence into their everyday lives. Maybe he could make dinner one night of the week. Come to think of it, maybe more than once, especially while Rey was recovering and nursing the baby. And with Kylo back to work, they could switch off–

 

“Ben?”

 

Rey’s voice brought him back to the present and his eyes flicked to hers.  She really did have a sort of glow to her.   He'd thought it was a myth about pregnant women, had never experienced it with anyone else he knew, but her face truly bore the glow a fresh peach, and her eyes were sparkling.  She looked so healthy, and so deliriously happy, it made his heart leap. 


Her lips quirked as she regarded him across the table, toast in hand.

 

“Yeah?”

“You went away for a minute,” she mused with a little smile.

Ben glanced toward the kitchen, where Kylo was putting the finishing touches on a fruit salad.

“Yeah. Been, uh, thinking about something.”

 

She raised her eyebrows and bit into her toast, daintily brushing crumbs from her pretty mouth. Ben’s eyes dropped to the steaming plate of eggs and sausage that had somehow appeared in front of him.  Bless Kylo's heart.

“Care to share with the class?”

“Yeah, I will,” he nodded as he picked up his fork. He suddenly realized just how hungry he was. “In a minute.”

He wanted to wait until Kylo was seated with them. The time had come, he knew. It was now or never.

“Anybody need more coffee?” Kylo called.

Rey eyed Ben curiously as he ate in silence. “I think we’re good, babe. Come and sit.”

A moment later, Kylo strolled over and set the large, brightly-painted bowl in the center of the table, a look of pride on his face. Rey beamed at him.

“That looks great, hon.”

Normally, Ben would have made a comment about how weird it was that Kylo had gone through so much trouble to make a fruit salad, but he bit his tongue.

“Gotta make sure momma and baby get all their vitamins,” Kylo purred, leaning over to kiss Rey’s forehead tenderly. “Isn’t that right Benny, boy?”

“Yep.”

“Ben?” Rey chimed. “Was there something you wanted to talk about?”

 

Ben swallowed his mouthful of food and nodded. “Yeah. There was. Is.” Shit.

 

He looked up at Rey and Kylo, the two people he loved most in the world. They could work this out, right? They’d have to.

Kylo set his coffee cup down and raised his eyebrows expectantly. “Okay? Spill.”

“Well, I’ve been thinking about….relocating. Out here. You know, in case you guys needed me.”

Rey let out a long sigh–one of relief, he hoped–and a slow smile covered her face. She and Kylo looked at each other, and she reached out to squeeze Ben’s hand.

“Took you long enough,” Kylo said with a goofy grin.

Ben’s mouth dropped open.

“Really? I mean, I wouldn’t have to live here,” he continued, “I could get my own place nearby.”

“Well, you know we’ve been talking about getting a bigger place later in the year,” Rey reminded him. “But we’d want you here, with us. It's your call, of course."

Kylo shook his head.  “Seriously, Ben. If you hadn’t brought it up today, we were going to suggest it.”

 

“Oh,” Ben said quietly, trying to process the flood of emotions rushing through him.  That was easier than expected.  He suddenly felt foolish for worrying about it so much.

 

The second bedroom had already been turned into a nursery, but the full-sized bed was still in there. Ben had slept in it on various visits before, but he wasn’t sure he wanted to commit to sleeping in it every night. Then again, at least he’d be there for both of them, and for the baby. That was what really mattered.

“You wouldn’t have to stay in there every night,” Rey piped up, as if reading his mind. “We could take turns.”

“Yeah. Rotating baby watch,” Kylo grinned, and warmth bloomed in Ben’s chest. He wasn’t sure he’d ever loved his brother more than he did in that instant. “That way, none of us ever gets too exhausted.”

Ben bit his lip, nodding. It was hard to argue with that logic.

“I’ve still got a lot to work out. I’ll have to put in my notice and find a job out here, and…” Shit, there’d be a lot of packing up to do. He could always donate stuff to the local Good Will, or maybe have a little garage sale.

 

Kylo’s hand fell on Rey’s knee and squeezed, but his eyes stayed on his brother. “Well, I don’t imagine that would be all that difficult. But in the meantime, maybe you can take a little breather from the force.”

Another good point. Ben had been working consistently since his discharge from the service. It had been years since he’d had any kind of real vacation.

“Maybe. It’d be nice to have a break.”

 

*****************************

The following weeks were downright chaotic for Ben, but it was a good kind of chaos. One that he welcomed, knowing it would all lead to a huge change in his life. A change for the better.

 

It started the morning when he announced he was giving notice at the station. Ben didn’t particularly care to explain his reasons beyond saying that he was moving to New York, and that his brother and sister-in-law were expecting a child. The somewhat perplexed looks he received in response to his explanation didn’t faze him one bit, either. In his mind, he’d already moved on. It didn’t matter to Ben what his boss, or any of his coworkers thought about what must have seemed like a hasty decision to them. He was doing what he needed to do for his future, for the people he loved. Nothing else mattered.

 

He had a healthy savings account, and there was always the trust fund from grandma Padme if he, or Kylo and Rey needed it. Now that the plan had been set into motion, he was looking forward to the move, and his future, more than ever.

Rey’s due date was estimated for mid-February, of course leaving them all to speculate on the possibility of a Valentine’s Day baby. Ben had already contacted his landlord to end his lease, and had his plane ticket to fly back on the 7th. That gave him enough time to tie up any loose ends before leaving the left coast, for good.

Kaia, sweetheart that she was, invited him to spend his last few days in San Fran with her. It felt a little weird, after their time as a couple, to hang out again. They hadn’t seen each other in a couple of months, but they’d managed to remain friends.

 

About a week before the Big Move, Leia called to let him know that she’d made arrangements for Ben Kenobi to deliver the baby. He knew it was something Rey and Kylo had discussed, but they weren’t sure he’d accept their request. He was an Orthopedic surgeon after all, not an OB-GYN.

But of course, Ben shouldn’t have been surprised that his mother had managed to convince him. After all, Leia was good at convincing people of things, especially someone she’d known as long as Ben Kenobi.

 

 

The night before his flight out, Ben called the house to check in.    His call was answered by a very grumpy Rey. 

 

“Hey,” she muttered, and he immediately knew she hadn’t slept well.   Ben was in such high spirits at the prospect that he would soon be back in New York, with both of them again, he could only laugh softly at her obvious bad mood. 

 

“Heya.  Just checking in.”

 

“Mmph.  Are you at the airport?” 

 

“Waiting for the cab.  Can't wait to see you this afternoon."

 

“Yeah.”

 

He cocked his head, tuning into her attitude as best he could.  “You feeling okay, baby girl?”

 

Rey let out a soft noise of exasperation.  “As good as I can be, I guess.  I’m just ready for this baby to be out,” she griped.  

 

“I’m sure you are.” Ben smothered a chuckle.  “It'll happen soon enough, don't you worry.  Big guy at work?”

 

“Yeah, but he’s leaving early to pick you up at the airport, so–” 

 

“Rey, no! I’m renting a car! I can get there on my own, tell him not to do that.  It makes no sense for him to drive all the way down, to--" 

 

“Well,” she huffed,” you know how hard it is to change your brother's mind, once he’s made a decision.  I suggest you cancel your car.  Kylo will be there.”

 

Ben sighed, knowing this was not a fight he could win.  



 

 

*****

 

True to his word, Kylo was there near baggage claim to pick him up when he finally landed, nearly twenty-five minutes behind schedule.   After six-plus hours in a cramped, Economy-class seat, Ben was truly grateful to see his brother.  The twins embraced before walking to the parking lot, Kylo taking Ben’s largest piece of luggage.   Kylo was ebullient, talking non-stop about the newest additions to the nursery, Rey’s recent moods and how excited he was about the baby’s arrival.  Ben had made it clear, more than once, that he did not want to know the baby’s sex until he or she was born.  Fortunately, his younger brother played along, managing to bite his tongue and hold the secret.




That evening, the three of them had a quiet dinner.  Rey had argued for pizza, against Kylo’s suggestion that it was “too greasy” and would make her nauseous, but of course, she won out and ended up eating three slices.   Rey was quieter than usual, Ben noticed.  She wasn’t her usually perky, energetic self, but they both understood.   Kylo carried her into the bedroom before she fell asleep on the couch, and the two brothers talked late into the night.    

 

That first night, Ben slept in the guest room.   It had been painted a soft sea green shade, and they’d set it up with a new mattress and fresh sheets.  Ben smiled to himself, knowing that green was Rey’s favorite color.  They had chosen it instead of the traditional pink or blue, and it suited him just fine.  He fell asleep with that same smile on his face.   



On the second day after Ben’s arrival, Kylo headed to work at the shop extra early.   It was something he’d started to do during her pregnancy, so he quit earlier to come home and be with her.   In his brother’s absence, Ben was delighted to have so many hours alone with Rey.   

Though she was rather moody, the mix of fluctuating hormones, swollen belly and feet making her uncomfortable and cranky.  But Ben was happy to tend to her every need.  It was a privilege he’d never been afforded, except for that brief time when Kylo was in hospital.   He made her special teas,  rubbed her feet.  Even made the gross peanut-butter and bacon sandwiches she craved in her third trimester. 

 

“Don’t tell Kylo,” she pleaded.




After lunch, they sat on the couch and played Scrabble, Rey’s favorite board game.   She’d been particularly quiet since they started, focusing on her letters, that little line he loved so much between her furrowed brows.  Ben had to resist the urge to lean forward and kiss it.    

 

“So were you surprised, you know, by Ky’s change of heart?”

 

Her eyes, sage green in the afternoon light, flickered to his.  

 

“About….what, exactly?”



“I don’t know.  All of it.  The moving in, I guess.  And….his acceptance about the baby’s umm…paternity.” 

 

Rey hummed and leaned back against the couch.   She didn’t say anything for a few breaths, just took in Ben’s face as she thought about it.    It was one of the things he loved about her the most, how she took her time answering complex questions.  The seventeen-year-old Rey he’d first met didn’t do that.

 

“You know, I think he just needed to make his peace with all of this.   Once he realized you weren’t going to try to drag me away from him–” 

 

Ben let out a little snort.  She smiled lightly and continued:

 

 “...Well, then he started letting  himself welcome the idea.  He stopped being jealous.  Kylo’s come a long way,” she added wistfully.

 

“Yeah,” Ben nodded.  “And we have you to thank for that.”

 

Rey’s eyes dropped to the board and she began to lay out letters, one by one.  “I don’t know about that.  He deserves some credit for his own maturity.  Don’t you think?”

 

Ben pursed his lips, considering, as she finished placing the letters.   When she was done, she looked up at him with a smug expression. 

 

“There ya go.  Duality.  Twelve points, and a double word score.  Read it and weep, Solo.”

 

He let out a low whistle.  “I’d think you could go a little easier on me, Sweetheart.  I did make you your cursed sandwiches.” 

 

She flashed him a toothy grin.  “Nope! No mercy,” she chanted, getting to feet clumsily to do a little victory dance.  “Take no prisoners!” 

 

“You’re right,” he said, raising his hands in surrender.  “You earned it."

 

Rey straightened up slowly, her face growing more serious.  

 

“Oh, shit.  Baby,” she whispered.  

 

“Yeah, baby,” he chuckled, completely missing the point until she gestured towards her lower half.  Ben’s eyes traveled down her body, his amusement turning to shock when he saw how her light grey leggings had darkened.  They looked....wet.  For a full ten seconds, his brain seemed to go on vacation. 

 

“What? Did you–” Ben sputtered.  “Did you-you pee yourself?”

 

Rey shook her head slowly.  “I....I think my water just broke.  Oh, god.”

 

“Whoa! Whoa, okay.  Right.  Of course, right.  Shit, I-I knew that.  We’re gonna get you to the hospital, now,” he growled.   

 

They were out of the apartment in a matter of minutes, just long enough for him to help slip into her boots and coat and grab her pre-packed overnight bag.  



“If we get pulled over, it’s gonna slow everything down.  And you’re gonna get a ticket.”



“Fuck a ticket, Rey! We need to get to the hospital!” 

 

“Ben, take some deep breaths.  We need to get there in one piece.”

 

Reluctantly, he took his foot off the gas, but just barely.   Rey called Kylo first, then Leia to let her know it was time.   Kylo assured her he’d meet them at the hospital as quickly as he could.   She got Leia’s voicemail and left a message, hoping she'd get it soon.  

 

**********



Less than fifteen minutes later,  they’d gotten through reception and Rey was being wheeled up to her room.    Her short call to a frenzied Kylo ensured that he’d be leaving work pronto and was on his way there. 



Ben paced the room as a nurse helped Rey change out of her clothes and into a hospital gown.   She then proceeded to do a quick exam, checking to see how dilated Rey was.  Ben couldn’t stop glancing over at them, and the nurse shot him a disdainful glare.



“Are you Mister Solo?”

 

Ben gritted his teeth, fighting the urge to tell her to fuck off,  that he was indeed Mister Solo, but again he bit his tongue.  For Rey’s sake.  

 

The nurse was older, and clearly a Beta, so it wasn’t likely she’d understand even if he did explain it.

 

When the door swung open again and Dr. Kenobi entered,  Ben was ready to weep with relief. 



“Uncle B,” Ben called hoarsely, slumping when the older man wrapped him in a quick, but reassuring hug.  

 

“Benny.  Holdo should be here soon.  Leia reached out to both of us.  You lucked out, I had a surgery that was canceled at the last minute.”    Kenobi moved quickly to  Rey’s bedside, blue eyes taking her in with concern.   Her gaze flicked over to the doctor  and she gave him a wan smile.

 

“Apparently news travels faster than I thought,” she murmured. 

 

“Hello, Rey.  How are you holding up so far?” 

 

She whimpered as another contraction, stronger than the others, hit her.  Kenobi spoke softly to her.  “Breathe through it,” he instructed, his voice, low and deep, helping to calm her.   Rey nodded, turning to look at the father of her child as she exhaled slowly.

“Be with me,” she gasped, reaching out for his hand, and he was beside her in a blink, squeezing her hand as he looked into her eyes.

 

“I’m here, Rey.  Right here.” 

 

“How dilated is she?” Kenobi asked the nurse.  

 

“About four centimeters."

 

“Okay, good.  Just breathe through it, Rey, like you did in your classes.  This is just the beginning.  You’re doing very well."

 

Kenobi spoke briefly with the nurse and then left the room, saying he'd be back shortly.  

 

Ben pulled a handkerchief from his pocket and gently mopped the sweat from her brow. 

 

“I’m so proud of you,” he told her.  “You know that? You’re so strong.”

 

Rey rolled her eyes, but a grin stretched her face.  “We’ll see if you’re still saying that when I’m screaming in agony.” 



 

By the time Kylo arrived some thirty minutes later, the contractions had ramped up, but Ben hadn’t left her side for a minute.  He talked with her softly, telling her dumb jokes and silly stories to help take her mind off the pain.  

 

“Omega.”  

 

Ben looked over his shoulder to see his twin stalk into the room.   Kylo’s black hair was mussed, and he wore his blue mechanics uniform, smudged with oil and sweat.  

 

“Alpha,” Rey cried softly as he came to the other side of the bed.  She closed her eyes when Kylo leaned down to kiss  the corner of her mouth.  

 

“Thank god.  I came as soon as I could.  How bad is the pain?” His eyes snapped up to meet Ben’s. 

 

“The nurse just gave her a shot,” Ben told him.  

 

Kylo nodded.  “Good.  I’m so glad you were with her, man.”  

 

Ben smiled. That made two of them.







By the time Leia finally arrived, citing a traffic disaster, Rey had entered the third stage of labor.    Both her sons were there, as were Doctors Holdo and Kenobi.   She said a silent prayer of thanks to the maker, relieved to see so many people she loved and trusted surrounding her daughter-in-law.   Leia's presence went largely unnoticed as the two doctors hovered over Rey, the nurse standing close by, murmuring reminders to breathe.  But their faces were too serious, and it was quieter than it should have been.  Something was wrong. 




Leia flew to Kenobi’s side.  “What is it?”

 

He shook his head grimly.  “The umbilical cord is around the baby’s neck.  But…..Holdo’s got it."

He didn’t sound as completely sure as Leia would have hoped, but there was nothing any of them could do except hope and pray.   




*************************

 

“She’s perfect,” Kylo said wistfully, gazing down at the baby girl, as she looked up at them through watery green eyes.  “Welcome to the world, angel.”  

 

Ben couldn’t remember the last time he’d seen his brother so close to tears.  

 

“Lianna Star Solo,” Rey whispered, tossing a smile to her mate, and Kylo smirked.  

 

“Yep.  Little star.”

 

“It has a nice ring to it,” Leia agreed, with a dreamy smile.  

 

“Ben?" Rey called.  "Do you want to hold her?” 



His breath hitched, and he reached out to carefully take her from her mother's arms.   He cuddled her tight to his chest, and the baby leaned into his warmth.  Ben thought his heart would explode with joy.  

 

He wanted to say something profound, something wise, but his throat was thick with emotion, so he communicated it  silently.   His daughter stared up at him like she fully understood. 

 

Welcome to our crazy world, Starlight.  I’m your daddy, and I'll love you 'til the day I die. 







Notes:

So I should probably interject here and say how thankful I am to have reached this point. So many of you helped convince me to write this fic, at the end of "Impulse." I agree, Ben 100% deserves to have a happy ending too, and I hope these final chapters deliver it!

Also, I should mention that I have never given birth so I had to rely on some conversations and online research to make what happened in these last scenes plausible--I hope it was believable enough. My heart is full, thinking of Ben holding his beautiful new daughter in his arms. Let me know what you think about any of this. Baby name? Where they go from here? At this point, I'm planning the next chapter as an Epilogue, but there is a slight chance that it could morph into a double Epilogue (like I did in "Impulse"). Just a thought. I love hearing from you, and thanks as always for reading and for your love here and on the bird.

Most of you know you can't reach me as FlavorofKylo on Twitter but I am there as @twice_shy00. Come say hello!! xx

Chapter 13: Earth Angel

Summary:

Hey there. I'm really happy to have reached this point, but also a a little sad to say goodbye to these three. I love them--and baby Lily!--so much. I'm giving serious thought to a second epilogue down the road, like I did in "Impulse"--no clue as to when it might appear though. I've got multiple writing projects on various burners, but I like leaving the door open to get a glimpse at how our unconventional little family evolves.

In addition to all the fluffy-fluff and family feels, this chapter features: 1) consensual somnophilia, 2) Benlo/twincest. If you'd rather skip the Benlo, block out the part that starts with: "They were about halfway through the six-week moratorium...."

Notes:

Big shout-out to MaudeZbornak for having eyes on this chapter. :)

 

This is my first time writing a truly polyamorous ship. I've read a number I liked, mostly Breylo, but I have no personal experience with it nor with pregnancy or childbirth, so I am winging a lot of this. Thanks as always are due to my bestie LadyofReylo, who's always willing to answer questions, and listen to me babble about timelines and kinks and all the rest of it. <3 You're the bestest of besties, babe.

 

It took awhile to find the song that captures the vibe of this chapter in the right way, but I'd say "Chasing Cars" by Snow Patrol is just right.

"I don't quite know
how to say
how I feel

Those three words
Are said too much
They're not enough"

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

 

 

It was the time of year Rey loved the most.   The days were mild, with a crisp edge that sharpened as they faded into night.   The autumn light was soft, not blinding like the summer, and they’d be turning the clocks back soon.  Lots of people hated that, but she didn’t mind it. There was a solace she found in the cooler, early nights that she never felt in the midst of the summer,  coming from her birthplace in Jakku.  She'd take the East Coast climate over Arizona any day. 

Her memories of growing up there had faded to misty watercolors over the years of living with Kylo.  The aching emptiness she had carried with her since childhood, in the wake of her parents' disappearance, was all but gone.  She rarely even thought of them anymore.  She had a new family, and that was what mattered now.

And if sometimes, in the deepest reaches of her mind, she still wondered about them--what really happened, what if?--when that empty ache flared to life again, Kylo would wrap her tight in his arms and kiss away the pain. 

Or the sound of her seven-month-old daughter's laughter would yank her back from the edge, as Lily squirmed and squealed through a tickling session administered by either her father or Kylo.  (They were both pretty merciless with the tickling, though Rey was convinced that Kylo was much worse.   She'd had firsthand experience with it, after all.)

 

From their living room window, she could see that narrow corridor of Oak trees lining the block, leaves turning already, a glorious amalgam of crimson and rust and gold.   Yeah, she’d always loved autumn and the promise of the oncoming holiday season.   

 

Of course now, the third week of October held a whole new meaning to her.  

 

Rey had no idea what Kylo would have up his sleeve this year, but he remembered the day every year, without fail.  She knew something special was coming, because he was not a man who did things by halves.  But she just couldn’t figure out what to get for him.  Money was tight now, with only Kylo working and all the new baby expenses (which Leia and Han had insisted on helping them with).  But she had enough squirreled away in her savings to get him something. 

If only she could figure out what it was.  

She’d run through catalog after catalog, and tons of ideas, but nothing seemed right.  When Rey probed for a hint, Kylo just shook his head. 

 

“I’ve got you and Lily.  You’re all I need,” he smiled, reaching out to draw her closer.  He wrapped an arm around her waist and tilted her chin up, planting a soft kiss on her lips, and then another for good measure.   

 

"You're absolutely no help," she said fondly, warmth blooming in her chest.  God, she loves him.   “Hmm. And what about your brother?"  

 

Kylo raised his eyebrows.  "Yeah, well,” he let out a huge sigh, all faux irritation.  “I mean. I guess we can keep him.”

 

Rey gave him a playful push and he laughed, low and sweet, before kissing her again.  




 

 

It was Ben who finally came up with the perfect suggestion. 

 

“When was the last time the two of you had a night out together?”

 

It was Columbus Day, and Kylo was sleeping in, enjoying a late morning.  The garage was open only from noon to five, so he’d have a nice short day.  Ben would prepare dinner (he really was becoming an amazing cook), with a little help from Rey.   Kylo would ramble on about available apartments while browsing Zillow on his Ipad. The four of them would sit down to share a meal, maybe watch a movie on the couch, Rey's head on Ben's shoulder, her feet in Kylo's lap. 

 

A night out.   That was just...yeah.

 

“It has been awhile,” she admitted. 

 

 Since Lily’s birth, their lives had been a blur of feedings and naps and shattered sleep.   It seemed there was always someone visiting, wanting to see the baby.  Leia dropped by frequently, (sometimes with Han, sometimes not). Lando and his daughter, Jannah, had come by, as had Amilyn Holdo.  Uncle Ben came by every now and again to have dinner and coo over Lily, when he could get away from the hospital.  Not to mention Chewie and Maz, and various neighbors and friends from Kylo’s job and Rey’s school.  

 

Things had eased up a little, after the first three months, but Rey was still tired most of the time. 

 

“You guys need it.  It's important for your sanity.  And your marriage."  He was bouncing Lily gently on his knees, making her giggle brightly.  “Lucky for you, you’ve got a live-in baby-sitter.”  

The crooked grin he gave her was warm and sweet.  Rey leaned forward and pressed her lips to his for a moment. "You're an angel," she said.

Ben flushed at her praise.  "Oh, you know.  It's no big deal." 


Rey bit her lip and shook her head. "It absolutely is.  We don't deserve you."  She could see the tips of his ears turn pink.  Watching Ben grow flustered by her praise was one of the very favorite things.  It wasn't something he shared with his twin. 

"Maybe you'll make it up to me sometime, let me take you out without the big guy." 


She raised her eyebrows, wondering just how Kylo would respond to that.  He really had changed, so that might be an actual possibility.   

"Or maybe, I'll think of another way to make it up to you," Rey teased in her most seductive voice. 

Ben waggled his eyebrows, lips curled in a playful grin. 

"There's no need, but since you put it that way...."



******

 

In the first few weeks after Lily’s arrival, Rey, Ben and Kylo found a new rhythm to their everyday. 

 

 Ben was set up in the nursery (formerly the guest room), with the clear understanding that it was to be a temporary solution.  He filled the dresser and small closet with his clothes and jackets, and took a profound comfort in having his newborn daughter sleep a few feet away from him.   He was the first one up when Lily woke, but Rey would soon appear, dropping the straps of her nightgown to give the baby suck.  As she adjusted to bottle feedings, Ben would rise and head to the kitchen to warm it. 

Kylo rose less often, in the beginning.  He was the only one still on a regular work schedule, so it was completely understandable.   But as the weeks flew by, he eased into his slot in the feeding rotation without complaint, settling in easily with Lily cradled to his chest as he fed her, cooing softly.  

 

Little Star, baby Star.  Little Star Solo. 

 

Once she'd finished her bottle and been burped, Kylo sang her to sleep (which never took very long).  Usually “Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star,” but more and more often, “Earth Angel.”   

 

The second  time he did it, Kylo had carried Lily out the living room, humming softly as she nursed from the bottle.   Ben followed, settling into the chair across from them to watch, his heart full to bursting at the scene.  

 

“You’re so good with her,” Ben said, voice full of muted wonder. 

 

Kylo’s eyes flickered to his twin, his lips quirking up.

 

“And what would make you think I wouldn’t be?”

 

Ben chuckled.  “I didn’t think that.   It’s just…it’s different, seeing you this way.  In this role,” he clarified.  “As a Daddy.” 

 

Kylo huffed. “It just comes naturally, I guess.”

 

He was right, of course.  Ben knew it, too.  Kylo had never had much experience around babies before Lily’s arrival; neither one of them had.  But the role of nurturer was one that, somehow,  came easily to Kylo.  Once the wild card, the unpredictable fuckup, the ex-con, he’d somehow been converted into a whole new Alpha.   A bona fide Family Man. 

 

Ben rose to go kiss his daughter on the forehead as she finished.  He held out his hands to take her from Kylo, but his brother shook his head. 

 

“I got her,” he said, holding Lily to his shoulder and patting her back gently to burp her.  “Go keep Rey company.” 



They both knew Rey needed her rest.   Her body was recovering from birth and all  the new challenges that come with motherhood.   She was the one who nursed Lily throughout the day, and even though Ben was around to help with the diapering and laundry, the cooking and clearing, it was still a lot.  Dr. Holdo had given Rey the standard post-birth directive: no sex for six weeks, but most nights, she was too wiped to do anything more than crash anyway, snuggled against Kylo.  Some nights, the three of them would just lie in bed together, Rey in the middle, her fingers laced with Ben’s.  But Ben would always rise and go back to the nursery before morning.  He was Lily’s protector, and it was a role he’d never shirk.



Ben watched his brother’s eyes for a moment, just to make sure, and Kylo nodded again.  So Ben gave him a little smile but didn’t waste any time heading straight for the master bedroom.  

 

Rey was curled up, a book tossed aside, snoring softly. He slid in to take his brother’s place in bed beside her.  She let out a soft, happy sound, and Ben’s heart fluttered with joy.  To be able to cuddle with her this way, with his brother’s blessing, felt like more than he could ever ask for.  

 

“Baby good?” she muttered sleepily, so warm in his arms.  

 

“Mmm.  Perfect.”  He nuzzled against her neck, nosing at her mating gland that was marked with his brother’s teeth. Just before he fell asleep, Ben realized it didn’t bother him anymore.  The jealousy….was gone.  They all belonged to each other now, the four of them.  Rey was the mother of his child. .

 

He drifted off, the melody to "Earth Angel" swirling in his head.

 

*****************



The first time it happened was on a Sunday evening, after Lily was tucked safely into her crib.  

 

They were just past the two month mark, so fooling around was safe.  Still, Rey just hadn't felt much of the urge of late.  Even when she did, the desire for a long, unbroken sleep tended to trump any desire for sex.  Kylo was sweet and incredibly patient with her, adjusting through this period.  

 

Ben had cooked dinner that night, a tantalizing roast chicken with potatoes and brussels sprouts.  Rey had stopped breast-feeding and she was happy to be able to have a drink.  They’d opened up a nice bottle of red and then another, and by the time she put Lily down for the night, she was blissfully drowsy.  The guys urged her to go lie down, so she kissed both her boys and sauntered off to the bedroom. 

 

She had no idea how long she’d been asleep when she felt the mattress dip, the warmth of a familiar body sliding up against her.   It felt as if she were floating, suspended a few inches above the mattress, when soft lips brushed the shell of her ear. 

 

You take such good care of us, little mama.  Gonna take care of you now. 

 

A shiver went through her as the words sank in, even in her twilight dream state, halfway between sleep and wakefulness. 

She barely registered the rustle of covers, the shift of another body on the bed.  Warm pressure on her belly, gently pressing, soothing.  A familiar hand, long, thick fingers skated over the waist of her boyshorts, and then underneath to pet at her folds.  Her resulting moan was met with a low rumble of approval.

 

Mmm.  Wet for me already, baby? You need this, huh? Needed this so bad...

 

Something brushed her clit, soft but insistent, making repetitive circles, and a desperate little cry fluttered deep in her throat.  

Pleasure crackled through her as she swam closer to consciousness,  sweet and sharp and oh.... 

Yeah, she had been needing it.

 

“Kylo,” she whimpered, turning her face to press into the mattress. 

Warm lips tugged at her earlobe, and she could feel him smiling against her skin.  “Nope.  Guess again, Sweetheart.” 

 

She didn’t try to suppress the moan that tumbled out of her.  It had been so long, and she’d missed him, missed having him all to herself this way. 

 

“Ben….” his name was a broken, beautiful thing on her lips. 

 

“Missed me, baby girl, hmm? Cause I sure missed you. Missed this perfect, pink pussy." His fingers moved faster on that slippery little bundle of nerves, his erection nudging her thigh. 

 

“Y-yes, please… ..” She shifted position, spreading her legs wider to welcome him inside.  Hungry for the feel of nothing between them, just skin on skin.   They’d passed the window of infertility, and she’d started up on her birth control again, so it was safe.  

 

Initially, Kylo was less than thrilled when she told him she was going back on the pill.  His desire for another baby had ratcheted up significantly, since the first few weeks of her pregnancy when they'd all acknowledged that Lily was Ben's daughter.  Thankfully, he'd managed to corral the ensuing desire to breed her.  They'd agreed to wait until Lily was at least two, and then they could circle back to it. 

 

That didn't stop her mate from teasing her about it every chance he got.  

 

Another shift behind her as Ben freed himself of his pajama bottoms, and then there was nothing separating them, just the mind-melting drag of his cock along her labia as he coated himself in her wetness, and then the push inside, languid and luxurious.  Rey sucked in breath at the sudden stretch of him breaching her, filling her inch by inch.    

Ben plunged into her, stretching, claiming.   Rey's eyes fluttered open, and his warm amber gaze, ferocious with want, was nearly enough to tip her over right then. 

 

"Fuck, you feel good.  Missed you so much, Sweetheart.  Missed this." 

"Yeah...so good, Ben." 

"You're so good for me.  Taking me so well," he groaned, his hips moving faster.   

Fully awake now, Rey could feel his control slipping away.  And yeah, it had been a long time since the two of them had a moment alone like this.  

"Tell me I fuck you better."  The words just slipped out, catching her completely off guard, and Rey huffed. 

"Jesus, Ben.  Where did that come from?" 

"I just....just please, say it.  I need to hear it." 

He snaked a hand between them to strum at her clit and Rey hissed.

"Fuck...."  she opened her eyes to find his blazing into her. "I love you both, you know that."

He slowed down then, his gaze just as intense as his brow furrowed a bit.  Like he really expected her to answer the question. 

"You're just different, the two of you.  Both equally amazing." 

It was true; there really was no way she could have said either twin was the better lover.  Kylo was more dominant, sometimes tending toward mean, but in a way that totally did it for her.  Ben was softer, more gentle.  More patient.  She loved that, too.

He dipped his mouth to her throat and sucked hard, determined to mark her.  Knowing his brother would see it.  

"God," she panted, her eyes fluttering shut.  "I love the way you're fucking me right now."

"Mmmm..." his teeth worried at her skin before he pulled back to see it.  The mark he'd made.  "Yeah?"

"Fuck, yes.  Slow and deep, unggh..." 

She heard a growl of approval and Ben delivered a particularly hard thrust. 

"That sounds like better to me."

"Ohhh, I didn't say that--.I--" another bone-shaking thrust.

"You gonna come for me, sweetheart?" he growled. "So pretty when you come for me."

"Bennn....God..." 

Her peak ripped through her like a surge of electricity, lighting up her body as her eyes rolled back and her head.  Ben fucked her through it, finally letting go as the aftershocks subsided.  

 

Rey was too blissed out to think about how Kylo would react, when he finally made his way into the room and found them wrapped up in each other's arms.  But then, he had to have known it would happen.  Had even encouraged it.  


It wasn't until the first traces of sunlight kissed her eyelids that she woke, to find herself in her favorite spot.  Between the two Alphas she loved with her entire being.

Kylo gave her a soft smile and a kiss, oblivious to her morning breath.  

"Morning little one," he murmured.  "Sleep well?"

Rey closed her eyes again and gave a luxurious, cat-like stretch.

"Very." 

"Good," he cooed, lifting up to straddle her thighs.  He was completely naked, and already rock hard.  He grinned at her darkly.  "My turn." 

**********



They were about halfway through the six-week moratorium, when Kylo got home early on a Friday evening.   The apartment was quiet, no sound of the television or music or any conversation.   As he walked down the hall toward the master bedroom, he could hear the sound of water from the bathroom.  

 

He paused in the doorway of the main room and pushed the door open a crack.  Rey was curled up on the bed, knees drawn up in a semi-fetal position,  with Lily sleeping beside her.   He smiled, his heart warming at the sublime image of mother and child, and he sighed before closing the door silently. 

 

Back in the hall, Kylo didn’t hesitate for more than a second before he pushed open the bathroom door.  Without knocking.  Fuck it.  He had to go, after all.   His brother would just have to deal. 



The sight that greeted him this time was, well.... not one he was prepared for.  

 

The steam wasn’t enough to obscure the vision of Ben under the waterfall shower-head, his toned body sleek and shimmering wet behind the glass doors.   His eyes were closed, right hand fisting his length as he pumped vigorously. 

 

Kylo’s mouth went dry, limbs slack under the weight of a new need blooming in his belly.  Ben let out a little groan, and Kylo’s cock twitched in sympathy, quickly filling out as he stared at his twin.  He couldn’t move, didn’t dare, not wanting to startle his brother.  



But Ben must have felt the weight of Kylo’s stare, because his eyes opened suddenly and he let out a grunt of surprise, the motion of his hand immediately stopping.  

 

“Kylo, what the fuck? You don’t knock?”

 

He shot Ben a sheepish look, raising one shoulder in a half-hearted shrug. 

 

“S-sorry,” he blurted.  “I just….just had to go.” He gestured toward his fly, reaching to unbutton himself and tug his zipper down quickly as if to prove that was all he wanted all along.  

 

But Ben could see right through him.  


“So? Go then,” Ben smirked.   And oh, Kylo knew that look.  

 

It only riled him up more. 

 

Because as much as he loved Rey, as tight as their bond was, his twin knew him in a way no one else could ever really understand.  

 

Kylo felt his face heat up and knew the tips of his ears were turning red.  He paused for a beat before fishing himself out of his boxers and turning towards the toilet. 

 

“What’s got you so hard, hmm?” Ben teased.  When Kylo shot a glare back at him, Ben’s hands were caressing his own biceps, his luscious chest, as he sudsed himself up with the body wash.  Kylo swallowed the lump in his throat, not wanting to reveal how much looking at his brother affected him. 

 

“I’ve been this way for the past few weeks,” Kylo hissed.  He let out a shuddery breath, avoiding his brother’s eyes for the moment as he pissed into the bowl.   “I’m so fucking horny I could scream.” 

 

When Kylo dragged his gaze back up to meet his brother’s, Ben was still watching him with that knowing look.  

 

“I’ll bet,” he threw out, arching an eyebrow.  “I mean….you’re not alone.  Think how poor Rey feels.”  Kylo couldn’t look away as Ben’s hands wandered over his marbled abdomen, and then…lower, until he was cupping his own balls, sudsing them gently.  Kylo swallowed again and licked his lips, unable to stop thinking about how his twin might taste.  The realization dawned on him then, that he really, really wanted to know. 

 

“Yeah,” he muttered, tucking himself back into his boxers.  But he just couldn’t stop staring at his brother.  It was so weird, like staring in a mirror, but infinitely more alluring.  

 

Still doing his best to maintain his cool, Kylo turned to the sink.  He could feel Ben’s eyes burning into him as he went about washing his hands, like everything was normal.  

 

“Come shower with me, Ky.  I can, uh…. clean you up.” 

 

Kylo’s breath hitched at the invitation, as he wondered just how his older brother would go about doing that.  He turned slowly to where Ben was holding the shower door open now, a light spray hitting the floor, dampening the bathmat, but Kylo really couldn’t have given a shit about the water at that moment. 

 

“Did you mean what you said?” he asked, eyes big and round.

 

“About…?”  Kylo could tell Ben knew exactly what he meant.  But this was a game, and he’d have to play along if he was going to get what he wanted.

 

“You know….that last time, when we–” he shrugged it off, but the way his brother's eyes lit up told him that Ben knew exactly what he meant. 

 

“Just get in here,"  Ben huffed, waving him forward.  Kylo moved quickly then, pushing his sweatpants and boxers off in a single motion.  He yanked the sweaty black tee over his head and it joined the pile on the bathroom floor.  His dick nudged against his belly, achingly hard and already wet at the tip.  Kylo stepped into the shower, into the warm spray, and immediately felt better as soon as Ben closed the door.   

 

They regarded each other, just for a moment, and then Ben stepped into Kylo’s space, his mouth close to his brother’s ear. 

 

“Hi,” he whispered.

 

Kylo licked his lips, unable to contain the sudden rush of guilt that flooded his belly.  It wasn't enough to tamp down his desire, but still...

Ben picked it up as easily as a dropped ball. 

 

"She doesn't mind.  You know that, right?"

 

Kylo nodded, as a sense of relief shudder through him.  Ben wasn't lying.  Rey had been the one to encourage the two of them in their last encounter, after all.

 

"Do you want this?" Ben whispered.  "Say the word, and I'll stop..."

 

"No." The response tumbled out without a second thought. "Don't stop, Ben."

 

His throat tightened with emotion, cock throbbing almost painfully as Ben began to kiss his jaw, down to his neck, moving closer and closer to his mouth.  When their lips met at last, the two of them sharing little sips of air, Ben’s hips thrust forward, his cock grazing Kylo’s.  One of Ben’s hands, large and powerful and so like his own–wrapped around the head, squeezing gently before thumbing at his weeping slit.  Kylo’s eyes rolled back, as he let out a long, deep groan.   

 

“Ben…. fuck.” 

 

"Maybe....I'll tell her about this," Ben growled against his brother's skin.  "I'll tell her how you melted when I put my hands on you."  Kylo whimpered, going slack under his brother's touch.  "I'll tell her how much you like it.  And you know what, Ky?"

Kylo's affirmation was a breathy moan. 

 

"I bet it'll make her come so hard." 

 

Ben kept his brother pinned against the wall as he fucked the space between his thighs, one hand braced against the tile as he stroked Kylo with the other.  Ben came first, leaving a sticky trail of cum on his twin's ass.  He could tell Kylo was right on the edge and he doubled down on his motions, thrilling to the feel of his brother falling apart for him. 

"Shit--feels good, Ben...." 

 

"Come for me, Ky." 

 

After, Ben leaned heavily on his brother's back as they both panted, coming down.  

 

Kylo was quiet then, almost shy, as he let his big brother wash him.  Ben ran the soapy cloth over Kylo's arms and chest with tender attention, smiling back.  They were both quiet then. 

 

They had no need for words. 

 

******

 

The night before Rey and Kylo’s anniversary, Ben was leaning on the edge of the crib, watching his daughter sleep.   His daughter.   The child he'd made with Rey.   He’d never imagined he’d be able to say that, yet…here they were.  

 

His heart swelled with love as he watched the slow rise and fall of her chest, those thick, dusky lashes against her cheek.  She had his pale coloring, the wavy black hair that he and Kylo shared, but the smattering of freckles across her cheekbones, her cute upturned nose and soft green eyes–those were all Rey.  Uncle Ben had remarked that Lily had eyes like her grandfather Anakin, but Ben had to disagree, and Kylo had steadfastly sided with him. 

 

Ben was so wrapped up in his reverie, he barely noticed Rey and Kylo slip into the room to stand on either side of him.  He glanced up to meet Rey’s eyes, then his brother, both of them clearly as lovestruck as he was himself.  Rey rubbed his back in slow strokes and Ben leaned down to kiss the top of her head. 

“Such an angel,” Kylo cooed. “Can't wait to give her a little brother, or....sister..."

 

Ben chuckled and Rey scoffed, swatting at her husband. 

 

That is not happening anytime soon ,” she whisper-shouted.  Kylo grumbled  his acknowledgement and Ben hushed them, not wanting to wake Lily.  At Rey’s gesture, he followed them out into the hall, shutting the door halfway.   They strode back to the living room and sank into the couch. 

 

“Leia and Han are going to take Lily,” Rey explained, reaching for Ben’s hand. “We want you to come out with us.” 

 

Ben’s brow furrowed in confusion.  “No, no.  It should be just the two of you."  He glanced up at Rey, then back at Kylo. 

 

“Well, we talked about it.  We think you should come with us."  The words from his brother's mouth and the placid smile on his face were overwhelming, and Ben was starting to feel a little lightheaded. 

 

“But–” he broke off, shaking his head in confusion.  “It’s your night.”



Rey smiled.  "It'll still be our night.  We'd just like to include you, that's all.  Unless you really don't want to," she added.  "But you deserve a night out too, Benji." 

 

It would be the first time he'd been away from Lily for more than a few hours since she was born.  It felt a little unsettling, but she'd be in good hands. 

 

"I told Leia about it and she was practically vibrating in her seat," Rey grinned.  "So it's a win all the way around."

 

Ben's chuckle was a low, sweet sound. "Twist my arm, Sweetheart." 

 

****************

Rey stood in front of the bedroom mirror, marveling at her body in the little black dress.  It was the first time she’d worn it in well over a year, before the pregnancy, and her body had changed since giving birth.  She was softer, hips and breasts fuller, rounder.  There was actual cleavage now peeking through the daring neckline plunge.  The dress was a tighter fit now, but that was okay.  She liked the way she looked.  

 

Her boys would, too, she was sure of it, and the thought sent a frisson down her spine. 

 

After endless months of bumbling around the apartment in tee shirts and joggers (let’s not even talk about the frequency of having her clothes splashed with spit-up), no makeup, hair tied back in a messy bun, getting dressed up felt like the sweetest kind of indulgence.  She decided to leave her hair down for a change.  It was a lot longer now, tumbling in soft waves past her shoulders.  As she slid her favorite pair of onyx and silver teardrop earrings (a birthday gift from Kylo two years ago), he exited the bathroom in a cloud of steam, hair slicked against his head, those oversized ears of his peeking out.  His eyes locked with hers in the mirror, nothing but a towel around his waist (one of those extra-thick, plush numbers Leia had gifted them after Lily's arrival).  The towel sat low enough on his hips that she could see his happy trail, and suddenly, her tongue felt too thick and heavy in her mouth.  Something swooped in her belly, and Rey knew she was getting wet.  

She felt loopy, slightly dazed from the heady cocktail of excitement that they were going out for the first time in nearly eight months, and yeah...the fact that she was mated and married to a man who looked like that. 

And tonight, she got to go out with not just one, but two beautiful men on her arm.  Two men who loved her fiercely.  It was...a lot.   

 

If she asked the universe every night for the rest of her life, she still wasn't sure she'd ever understand how she got so lucky. 

 

Kylo stalked closer until he was standing right behind her, tilting his head down to nuzzle her ear.

 

“You clean up real nice, Missus Solo.”  His hands came up to cup her breasts through the slinky dress, and Rey’s eyes fluttered.  

 

“You’d better hurry up and get dressed, Mister Solo.  We don’t want to lose our reservation.  Your mother had to call in a favor to get it."

 

“Mmph.  Maybe we could just stay home though, the three of us.  Enjoy the quiet.”  His breath was hot against her neck and fuck, it was insane how he could still make her body spark up this way, while barely even touching her.   “I’m sure we could think of… mmm, other things to do.”

 

Rey sighed, turning to meet his eyes directly. 

 

“I really want to go.  Don’t you? And Ben deserves it, too.  Besides….we’ll have the rest of the night after dinner to….do other things.  All three of us.” 

 

"Yes, ma'am," Kylo smirked, giving in just like she knew he would. 




**********

 

“Damn.  This place is…” Reylo trailed off, wide eyed. “Whoa.”

 

Ben clocked the way Rey’s eyes darted around Park Avenue Autumn, the highly-rated restaurant du jour, which they’d only managed to get a table at because of his mother and her damn connections.   He couldn’t disagree that it was impressive, and certainly unique.  One of its claims to fame was the fact that their menus changed each season, as did the decor to reflect it. 

 

But he also knew that Rey had very little experience with fine dining places.  Kylo’s income was steady and reliable, but not exactly lucrative.  Once they got married and started at the local university, her focus had been on school, not making money.  They’d gotten by okay, but they certainly hadn’t been able to afford the finer things.  Right now, though, she looked like a little kid on Christmas morning, walking into a room full of delightful things to discover, and that was all that mattered.  Ben shot his twin a look; Kylo’s returning smirk told him they were thinking the exact same thing.  



The waiter arrived instantly  to give them the rundown on specials, and talk about their new cocktails, yada yada yada.   Ben and Kylo had been to plenty of fancy restaurants growing up; it was just something their parents enjoyed, and they had the wherewithal to do it.  It was normal for him, no big whoop. 

 

Ben glanced over at Rey as she pored over the menu, her eyes wide as she gnawed at her lower lip.   He’d picked out what he wanted fairly quickly, but it was more fun to watch Rey anyway.  Kylo was the first to break the silence. 

 

“What looks good, little one? 

 

“Oh,” she huffed.  “Umm….so much.  Making a decision is gonna be tough.”

 

Kylo dropped his menu and reached for her hand with a chuckle.  “Take your time, there’s no rush,” he assured her. 

 

She nodded, gave him a small smile and then glanced back at Ben. 

 

“What are you getting, Ben?” 

 

“I'm thinking about the gnocchi….”

 

Her eyebrows shot up. “Yeah? I thought you’d go for the chicken.” 

 

Kylo laughed under his breath and Ben shot him a glare. “I thought of it, but I feel like trying something wildly different this time out.” 

 

Rey beamed at him before turning back to her husband. “Oh, I know exactly what you’re getting,” she said with total confidence, and  his smirk faded a bit. “The steak, right?”

 

Ben bit back a laugh.  Kylo looked almost apologetic.  “Yeah…so what? I haven’t had a steak in awhile.” 

 

The conversation bounced back and forth this way for awhile.  They ordered their entrees and a bottle of wine.  The waiter brought a basket of bread and three starters to the table, which they shared.  

 

“So what was the big present this year, since you’ve been surprisingly quiet about it so far.”  Ben was buttering a freshly-baked roll as he eyed his twin.  

 

Kylo pressed his lips together for a moment and his eyes fell to Rey.   There was a silent exchange between them, and she reached out to cover his large hand with her much smaller one.  “I loved it,” she said softly.  Kylo bit his lip and nodded, almost abashed. 

 

“Okay, but what was it?” Ben repeated.




“He named a star after me,” she said dreamily, entwining her fingers with Kylo’s, who was actually blushing , avoiding his brother’s eyes. 

 

Ben nearly choked on his wine. “A star?” 

 

Whatever snarky comment he was cooking up vanished like smoke when he saw the way Rey was looking at Kylo.  Okay, so the big guy had outed himself as a romantic, just like he’d done by picking the music for their first wedding dance.  It was funny, Ben thought,  how a person you’d known your whole life could still manage to surprise you.  

 

Even if he was your twin.

 

“I’m the luckiest woman in the world.”  When Ben looked back at her, she was smiling at him.   She reached out her free hand and he clasped her fingers, warm and soft, in his own. 

 

“I get to have not only one, but two incredible men in my life.  Two of the best men I’ve ever met.  I mean, come on…..” she barked a short laugh.

 

Ben chuckled, even as his throat tightened with emotion. 

 

"You know what, babe,” Kylo asked, amber eyes sparkling. “I think we all got pretty damn lucky.”  He smirked as his eyes landed on Ben. “Don't you think, Benny boy?"

 

Ben exhaled a deep breath, a feeling of absolute peace and contentment singing through him.  

 

“I do.”

Notes:

Park Avenue Spring/Summer/Autumn/Winter is a real place, in New York City. They change their decor and menu to suit each season, and it's gorgeous and delectable. I'm not sure how up-to-date this link is, but you can at least check it out to get an idea. https://www.opentable.com/r/park-avenue-new-york

 

Thanks for sharing this journey with me. Please let me know if you enjoyed!! xx

Series this work belongs to: