Actions

Work Header

Home

Summary:

It has been two weeks since Pete finally contacted Ae again...

Work Text:

The football team trained hard for the past two weeks for a training match against a team from another university. Even if Ae worked as hard as the rest of the team he still couldn’t concentrate on football completely. In the back of his head was a certain someone living rent free, keeping his head busy without leaving him time to breathe and feel free. Yes, Pete contacted him two weeks ago but he still hasn’t shown up and he wasn’t able to give any exact information about his arrival. So Ae was constantly on edge, Pond even called him out for looking around too much, for always being in a haze, always searching for that smile he needed so bad. But the hope to see his lover again very soon also made him so much more alive. His team watched him closely, how the spark in his eyes returned slowly but steadily. Ae didn‘t even realize that himself, he just imagined his Pete back by his side and tried to go with the flow.

Today was the day of the training match. Their opponents were a well known and talented team and hopefully they could learn a lot from them. The team got ready and Ae put on his shirt with the number 7 that he wore for so long now. Now that P‘No wasn‘t their captain anymore, Ae was supposed to become captain but their coach also realized his absent mind and so Ae was theoretically captain but actually the rest of the team worked so hard themselves that he didn’t really had to do anything anymore. Which really helped him and he was very thankful to his team.

The teams came out and took their positions on the field, then the game started and Ae was all in. The opponents were amazing players and took all of Aes thinking compability so he was finally able to focus. After about 30 minutes he suddenly realized how calm he was, not just because he was able to concentrate on the game but because his mind felt at ease, as if something happened which he didn’t know about but he still felt it. As if all his worries and troubles got taken away by something. Ae stopped in the middle of his run towards the goal and looked to the tribunes. He carefully scanned every single face until he reached Pond and someone sitting next to him. Can called his name next to him but Ae didn’t hear him, he began to run towards the tribunes, forgetting about the game completely whilst his coach called him out. When he reached the tribunes he climbed up the stairs until he stood next to Pond and the person next to him, slowly taking his hands and pulling him to his feet. He looked in his eyes that got teary and soft and then without a warning he hugged him close. A quiet voice whispered in his ear, silently sobbing his name and telling him he’s home, he will never leave again and everything is going to be alright.

Pete was home and Ae finally felt home. He lifted his head and kissed his lovers forehead who closed his eyes and smiled. Both didn’t realize how all eyes were on them since Ae accidentally stopped the game, finding something more interesting and how relieved Pond got when he saw Aes actual honest smile again. The two boys who only had eyes for each other woke up from their trance, Pete snickering at Ae how he should actually go back and play the game but Ae just grabbed his hand and left the stadion with him. When they were far from everyone’s eyes, he held Pete’s face as if he would break if he let lose and softly kissed him, putting all his love for the boy in front of him in the kiss.

Later that evening both boys had dinner with Pete’s Mum and after talking for a long time they went to Pete’s room and cuddled up on the bed with Ae softly humming their song. And while they enjoyed their time together and breathed each other’s air, Pete just couldn’t help but give a cute comment about Ae’s hair and how long it got, stroking it slowly. And finally they were so so happy.