Actions

Work Header

Before The Gods, I Told No Lies

Summary:

A High Priest named Tzekel-Kan never told lies, well not all the time. He knew what his purpose was. He was a speaker for the gods after all If he needed anything he could just get it in a snap. He thought he had what he needed and wanted until he met a reborn goddess named Kaiti who was found exploring the island lost and confused on were she was with Tulio and Miguel, besides thinking they was the chosen gods he felt odd around her and chose not to think about it much. The past days are peaceful in El Dorado. Tulio and Miguel do their own thing while Kaiti stays close around Tzekel-Kan learning about what he does, the feelings he gets is complicated and he is lost on what to do. Lie after lie spills out of his mouth and he can't catch himself when he falls in love with her and learns on what she truly is and he himself starts to change in ways.

"They say a god doesn't need blood, but for her..I'd do anything for my goddess."

Chapter 1: A Small Introduction

Chapter Text

"The prophecy will come true this year Acolyte..I predict the gods will come to us.." Acolyte looks up seeing the high priest raise up touching a stone tablet in front of him, he sighs shaking his head as he gathers some ingredients. It was like this every year, the god hasn't came yet and most of the natives stopped listening to him a long time ago. "But Tzekel-Kan what if your wrong?" Tzekel-Kan turns around quickly and smacks Acolyte in the head making him drop a tablet to the floor. "You will not show such disrespect to the gods!!" Tzekel-Kan stops for a moment noticing the book had opened to a page they never seen, the priest picks the book up noticing a picture of a cat like girl standing with the gods seeming lost. "Why..I never seen this page before. Acolyte what is this?" He flinches looking towards him nervously. "I-I never seen it my lord! I haven't even seen the page till now!" Tzekel-Kan rolls his eyes and he walks towards the stone tablet looking at it. "Seems here theres a third god..I never had seen this before." He starts to chuckle as he takes the page out sitting it on the rock, Acolyte gulps knowing the look on his face and he starts to back up. "Well..this year will be interesting. Very interesting..A goddess will be on our hands to. And the year of the jaguar will start right." He starts to laugh loudly and Acolyte looks off wondering what he had done.