Actions

Work Header

Gossip, Misunderstandings and Romance (DISCONTINUED)

Summary:

Rex and Cody like to gossip, but when it's about their Generals they dissapear. Anakin and Obi-Wan get suspicious and investigate, chaos ensues

Notes:

I wrote this instead of working on Ordinace 66, sorry not sorry? But it was fun so, whatevs XD

(See the end of the work for more notes.)

Chapter 1: The New BAMF Jedi

Chapter Text

Rex’ika: Ahsoka is the most BAMF in the GAR

Mr. Kenobi: What about me? I feel betrayed T_T

Rex’ika: ... you're a good fighter, but not enough to be a BAMF
now, Kenobi, maybe
Aayla, definitely
but it was actually probably Windu until Ahsoka showed up

Mr. Kenobi: 8O Kenobi is only a maybe??? But-

Rex’ika: you’re biased, opinion vetoed

Mr. Kenobi: >=(

Mr. Kenobi has changed Rex’ika’s name to Anti-Simp

Anti-Simp: I can live with this

Mr. Kenobi: I have to get back to work, bye vod’ika.

Anti-Simp: have fun with your husband ;)

Mr. Kenobi: It’s husband now?! It was boyfriend yesterday

Anti-Simp: things change, congrats

Mr. Kenobi is offline

Rex looked at his comm and sighed. “Well, back to work I guess.”

--------------------

“Cody, I think that this di’kut is trying to make war “fun” for Ahsoka, tell him to stop,” Rex said, pointing a finger at the General behind him.

“I think it’s a worthy pursuit for her, maybe just add in some book learning too, General Skywalker,” Cody replied.

Anakin rolled his eyes. “You sound just like Obi-Wan.”

“I do spend a lot of time around him, sir, so I’m not surprised.”

Anakin laughed and Rex looked pointedly at Cody.

“I’m going to my quarters, General, comm me if you need anything.”

Anakin raised an eyebrow but said, ‘Alright, Captain.”

Rex closed his door and let out a sigh.

“You okay, vod’ika?” Cody asked, a little worry in his tone.

“Yeah, I’m fine. I promise. How’s married life going?” he teased, bringing the focus off him.

Cody rolled his eyes. “It doesn’t exist, only in your little fantasy world, vod. You know, the one where every second is romantically involved with their CO?”

“Hey! I never said that. Only you and Kenobi, Bly and Aayla and, some days, Ponds and Windu.”

“What about you and Anakin? You guys are a little close for a Captain and General,” Cody said, a teasing lilt in his voice.

Rex rolled his eyes. “You’re one to talk, Mr. I Do Paperwork in my General’s Quarters.”

“Yeah? Well at least I can focus in battle when my jetti does tricks, you get too distracted watching him flip off of walls.”

Rex put his head in his hands, knowing that it’s true. “How do you survive your jetti stripping in every battle?”

Cody blushed and muttered, “It’s not like that.”

“Yeah? Really? How is it then?” Rex said, laughing.

Cody blushed and then stiffened.

“Commenting on my dramatic entrances, Captain?” Rex heard from behind Cody.

“Uh..yes, sir?” he said slowly.

“Well, I’m glad they’re memorable,” he said, finally stepping into the frame. “How is having Ahsoka on board been, Rex?”

“It’s been good, sir. The vod have taken her in as their new little sister, so you could say that she’s settling in well, General Kenobi.”

Obi-Wan flinched a bit at the title and said, “Rex, you can call me Obi-Wan outside of meetings and the battlefield. Or even just Kenobi, that seems to be all you seconds will agree to.” He glared over at Cody, then smiled at Rex. “Well, I’m glad to hear she’s doing well. I will have to steal your brother soon to do paperwork, though.” Kenobi walked out and Rex heard the door open and a muffled, “Meet me in my quarters” from Kenobi.

“Well, I should probably do that,” Cody said, letting out a sigh.

Rex smirked. “Yeah, have fun making out with your husband.”

Cody rolled his eyes. “Will do, Rex’ika. Bye.”

“Bye, Cody.” Rex said, then watched Cody flicker out.

Rex turned to the door and said, “What do you need, General?”

Anakin opened the door, at least having the decency to look sheepish. “Uh, nothing? Well, actually I was going to ask for your help with the reports, but you were busy so I thought I’d just wait til you were done.”

Rex internally took a deep breath to calm himself and not kill his General. “Can a man not have a private conversation?” he said, teasing.

Anakin’s face fell and Rex realized that this was probably not the best way he could have said that.

“Sir, I didn’t mean it like that-”

Anakin held his hand up and sat on Rex’s bed. “No, you’re right, I should have let you have some privacy. I’m sorry. I’m just not used to you needing it when you’re around me. Did I do something wrong?” he said softly.

Rex turned his chair around to look Anakin in the eyes. “No, you didn’t. Cody and I are just gossiping and didn’t want you and Obi-Wan to have to hear that.” Rex felt a little bad about lying, but it was a partial truth.

Anakin smiled and stood up. “Oh, okay. But you really don’t have to worry about that, the Jedi gossip as much as you guys do..well, some of them, at least.” He scratched the back of his neck and blushed. “Well, Rex, would you like to go over some reports with me?”

Rex chuckled and nodded, noticing that Skywalker already had his ‘pad with him. He went and sat next to his General, going over the reports for the next few hours.

Chapter 2: Cody is a Horny Simp

Summary:

After an embarrassing incident on the battlefield, Cody confides in his brother and gets some terrible advice

Notes:

I guess I'll give a little bit of a CW on some discussion on sex and sexuality 👍

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

Mr. Kenobi: I karked up

Anti-Simp: no punctuation? must b serious 8O

Mr. Kenobi: >:( it is

Anti-Simp: ok wut happened with your husband this time \=|

Mr. Kenobi has changed their name to Karking Idiot

Karking Idiot: He’s not my husband :|

Anti-Simp has changed Karking Idiot’s name to In De Nile

Anti-Simp has changed their name to Captain Obvious

Captain Obvious: ignoring that, what did you do

In De Nile: It was an accident, just putting that out there first. This was not, in any way, intentional.

Captain Obvious: im on the edge of my seat, now tell me wut happened 8OOO

In De Nile: So, you know how Obi-Wan always throws off his robe before a fight? I’m the one who always grabs those for him (or else we would have to order so many and I don’t think anyone would like that). Also, it’s super hot and distracting when he does that -_-
So, we were going into a battle and he did his whole dramatic robe thing, then he commed me and asked me to grab his robe and I said yes sir

...
BUT-
I was all hot and bothered so it came out really sexual sounding and- I’m not kidding- Obi-Wan fell off of the droid he had jumped on and looked back at me,

Luckily we had been on a private channel, but still....

Captain Obvious is typing...

Captain Obvious: im going to call you cuz i cant type while laughing this hard XD

“Cody, ori’vod, I love this but oh my stars, you really karked this one up,” Rex said as he connected, still heaving with silent laughter.

Cody buried his face in his hands. “I know. I haven’t said more than three words to him since it happened yesterday.”

“Well, you really should try to talk to him again,” Rex said. “I would say try to explain yourself, but that would require a confession and you said that you would never ever do that to him, So I guess you’re stuck,” he shrugged with a smirk.

Cody rolled his eyes. “I’m pretty sure everyone in our company has a crush on Obi-Wan, so I could just blame it on everyone else sexualizing him.”

Rex laughed. “You could, but that would be no fun. I think you should keep flirting with him.”

“What?!” Cody screeched. “Absolutely not,” he said this a little quieter, looking up at his door. “This was just an accident.”

Rex frowned. “I know, but tell me something, Cody. Does Obi-Wan call you “dear” a lot? And spend a lot of time with you? And always check on you? And make sure you eat and sleep? And does he sometimes help you escape the medbay?”

Cody blushed at each new accusation and nodded, looking down at his hands. “Why do you bring this up? Isn’t that how a lot of the Jedi Generals are with their Commanders?”

Rex rolled his eyes. “To put it simply, yes, but it’s more complicated than that. A lot of the Commanders have romantic feelings for their jetti. Like you, Bly, Monnk and Ponds. It’s easier to feel that in this situation, especially with how close a General and their Commander tend to be. So it’s a little hard, cause it’s both the way the station is set up and a little bit of how probably half of the Commanders have a crush on their Generals.

“But, I do know Obi-Wan pretty well and I have seen him around those he loves, like Anakin and Ahsoka, and I’ve had to see his flirting firsthand a few times for some weird missions. I know the difference of how Obi-Wan treats those he thinks of as family and those that he is romantically interested in.

“Cody, you fall into that second category. Obi-Wan is making his moves on you, so I think it’s about time that you got him back. Plus Anakin thinks it will be really funny cause Obi-Wan isn’t used to other people flirting with him.”

Cody rolled his eyes. “Of course he would think that. Do you guys talk about Obi-Wan a lot or do you specifically ask for stories about him?”

Rex smirked. “What? Do you want to know more about him?”

Cody knew that tone and blushed. “Rex’ika, think I should start asking Obi-Wan for some fun and spicy stories about Anakin~?”

Rex blushed and hid his face in his hands. “That’s not fair. I’m ace, so obviously that would get me more worked up than you..”

Cody smiled softly. “I know, vod’ika, I just have to tease you.” His head snapped up as he heard a knock on his door. “I’ve gotta go, see you later Rex.”

“Bye!” Rex said and flickered out.

Cody got up and opened his door, unlocking it since he had been avoiding a certain someone.

“Are you alright?” Obi-Wan said, looking Cody up and down, looking for anything out of place.

Cody took a deep breath and motioned him inside. “I’m fine. What brings you here?”

Obi-Wan’s cheeks were tinted pink, Cody assumed he had run here by the looks of it.

“The men said that they have only seen you leave your room to eat and train, I just wanted to make sure you weren’t sick or something like that,” Obi-Wan said, then quietly, “I was worried about you.”

Cody wished that he had thrown on his bucket before he opened that door, but he just fought down the rising blush. “I’m sorry for worrying you. I’m fine. Just... not feeling up to being around people right now.” Once the words passed his lips, Cody knew they were anything but true. Already with this short visit, he felt happier and lighter.

“Oh, would you like me to go?” he said, fidgeting on the smaller couch.

Cody shook his head. “I think I’m done with my sabbatical.”

Obi-Wan laughed and Cody smiled. “Actually, sir..to be honest with you...” he stopped, not ready to admit anything yet.

“Cody, what is it? You’re always free to speak your mind with me,” Obi-Wan assured him.

“I- I was..I was avoiding you,” he said and let out a long sigh, not seeing the hurt look pass over Obi-Wan’s face. “After the..incident...at our last battle, I was just..really embarrassed, so I thought I would just avoid you until the feeling went away.” Cody finally looks up at the Jedi. “That didn’t really work though, so I was going to just ignore it and talk to you again.”

Obi-Wan gave him a sad smile. “Cody, that’s quite alright if you needed some time to collect yourself. I should have handled it a little bit better, but we were in the middle of a battle so I couldn’t.” He sighed and joined Cody on the larger couch. “Cody... you know it’s natural to want things, like in a romantic, or even just a sexual, way, right? I just-” he sighed and stared at the ceiling. “I just worry that a lot of you are a bit..sexually repressed, especially since this war keeps you all so busy. I’m going to try to get us a little bit of leave time so that I can show you all around some of my favorite clubs and bars, and yes, I know the clone friendly ones. I think it would be good to give you all the opportunity, at least, to relax in that way.”

Cody was shocked. Obi-Wan thought that he reacted like that just because he was... horny, in general? He couldn’t explain that it was him, just him. Always had been and would never be anyone else.

“I think that’s a great idea, but I just want to clarify something,” he said, turning to look at Obi-Wan. “I-...I don’t think it was.. that for me. Rex helped me call it something, but I don’t remember the name of it...but I’m only attracted to people I already have an emotional connection with, so I don’t think a hook-up is really for me.”

Obi-Wan’s eyes widened and his face turned red. “Oh, okay,” he stuttered out.

They were both silent for a moment and Cody realized what he had unknowingly implied with that explanation. ‘Kriff,’ he thought. ‘How am I going to get out of this one?’

Notes:

Haha, a cliffhanger 😁😁

I saw that everyone seemed to like this, so I thought I'd work on it after my homework today.

(This was just a crack fic in my head, I kinda posted this as a joke, but I'll actually write it now I guess 😅)

Chapter 3: Sad Gay Bois

Summary:

Rex and Anakin have some misunderstandings

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

Captain Obvious: I am sad

In De Nile:....explain?

Captain Obvious: =| I think Skywalker is mad at me =(

In De Nile: Why do you think that?

Captain Obvious: He hasnt burst into my room randomly at all this week =(

In De Nile:..............
Didn’t you want some privacy? So you could fangirl over his perfect abs with me and all that???

Captain Obvious: >=( I dont fangirl
But thats not what i meant... well....not this much at least

In De Nile: Well, my advice is to ask him about it. If he is mad at you, just figure out why and fix it, or, most likely, he’s just trying to respect your boundaries and you need to tell him exactly what those are (aka none, just tell him you want him to sleep with you and stay by your side always and all that jazz)

Captain Obvious: CODY!!!!! NO! I am not saying that (half of it, but not the last part) If I say that then you have to confess your undying love to Kenobi

In De Nile: what’s that? You’re breaking up-

In De Nile is offline

Rex groaned, throwing his datapad across the bed. “That’s not how messaging works,” he muttered.

He heard a knock, followed by a quiet, “Are you okay?”

He sighed. Well, better to deal with it now instead of never. Rex opened the door and guided Anakin to the couch.

“I’m fine, just..frustrated with Cody teasing me,” he said, barely breathing the last part, a blush rising.

“Do you want to talk about it?”

Rex’s eyes went wide and he sat down on the opposite end of the couch. “Not particularly. But there is something I want to talk to you about.”

Anakin turned to face him. “I’m always ready to listen, Captain.”

“Sir, you can just call me Rex,” he said, pausing as a smile lit up the General’s face.

“Okay, Rex. And, as always, you can call me Anakin, or just Skywalker if you’re more comfortable with that.”

Rex nodded. “I just wanted to ask you if I did something wrong. I just see a lot less of you lately and I wasn’t sure if I made you angry or uncomfortable or something.”

Rex broke eye contact, looking down at the couch.

“Rex, I’m sorry for making it seem like that. No, you haven’t done anything wrong. Just.. after our conversation the other day, I thought I would try to give you some space and let you have some boundaries.”

Rex could almost hear Cody’s laugh and ‘I told you so’ in his head. He sighed. “Anakin, I’m sorry that I snapped at you for that, but no, I’m not uncomfortable with how our boundaries used to be. I just-” he stopped, trying to think of a way to say this without letting the General know of his crush on him. “Cody and I have been talking about some..people that we are interested in and it’s someone that you know, so we’ve been trying to keep that private.” Rex thought he did well, but Anakin looked hurt and confused.

“Rex, you know that you can tell me anything, right?”

Rex felt a bead of sweat run down his forehead, this had to be a trick right? “Of course, sir- I mean..Anakin.”

Anakin sighed. “I know you and the men don’t think that I can keep a secret, with mine and Padme’s short relationship and all that chaos, but I really can. I’m just really bad at sneaking around, as Obi-Wan will complain about to any of the other Jedi.”

Rex laughed. “I know, Anakin. He’s even complained to me, a few times. But I trust you and I know you can keep a secret, you are a good General after all.”

Anakin let out a deep breath. “Thank you for the vote of confidence. So, I want to ask you.. well two things. First, um..well this is going to be awkward but- kriff, I’ll just go for it. Rex, do any of the clones have relationships with each other?”

Rex blushed then laughed. “Well, some do. But, as you know, a lot of us are a lot more like brothers. Most of the time, it’s just your batchmates that you consider “related” to you, but not even that sometimes. But to answer your question, yeah.”

“Okay, so the next question. Are you and Cody worried about Obi-Wan and I reporting you for being romantically involved with the other clones?”

Rex shook his head. “I’m pretty sure that Obi-Wan already knows of a few of his men that are dating, so no that’s not really a problem. And I know that you’re an open minded Jedi, but I think most of the relationships I know of in our battalion are already pretty private, so I think we’re just not as open as the 212th with that.”

Anakin nodded. “So then, do you have a crush on Obi-Wan that you don’t want me to know about? Cause if you do, that’s fine. I’m pretty sure most people do, and I won’t tell him or anything.”

Rex started laughing, imagining what would happen if he tried to make a move on his older brother’s man.

“Obi-Wan is a great guy, don’t get me wrong. But, no, I am not attracted to him.”

“Oh, okay,” Anakin said, looking like a kicked tooka.

“I’m sorry for laughing at you. So, just to clarify, Cody and I like to gossip so I will go into my room and lock it when I’m talking to him, but I’ll try to let you know beforehand, or just message you. I will leave it open or unlocked the rest of the time, because I do actually like having you around, believe it or not, sooo..I think that’s everything?”

Anakin nodded. “Okay, that sounds good. Sorry for making you think that I was mad at you.”

Rex shrugged. “It’s alright, you were trying to be respectful and I appreciate that.”

Anakin smiled. “Okay, I probably have to do..something now. See you later, Rex.”

“Bye Anakin,” he said, watching the door slide shut again.

Rex collapsed onto the couch, grabbing his comm.

Captain Obvious: I talked to Anakin
We’re good now and he thought I had a crush on Obi-Wan XDXDXDXDXD

In De Nile: Good for you and hey, no crushing on my husband ;)

Captain Obvious: 8O

Captain Obvious changed In De Nile’s name to CODY KENOBI

CODY KENOBI: I regret everything

Notes:

Awkward Anakin is my new favorite thing to write 😂

Chapter 4: Cody: The Hopeless Romantic

Summary:

Cody's plan to avoid the man that is taking over his thoughts doesn't work as well as he wanted

Notes:

If it reads like a bad romance novel, I'm sorry/you're welcome

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

Cody placed another order of Jedi robes and sighed before sending it off. He tried to keep track of his generalr’s robes that he discarded all over the battlefield, but there was only so much one man could do. Cody thought of donning the robes on top of his armour, but laughed it off. It wasn’t that big of a deal.

“Hello there,” Cody heard a soft voice say behind him.

“General Kenobi. What are you doing here?” he asked.

“Just checking up on my best commander. Kix was kind enough to tell me your whereabouts. What are you doing, hiding in a storage room like this?” Obi-Wan asked.

Cody shrugged. “It’s the only place I can get my work done uninterrupted, but I guess I was wrong about that.”

Obi-Wan laughed. “Well, it is probably not very comfortable there. Would you like to have a cup of tea with me?”

Cody smiled and stood up, grabbing his datapad. “I could use a break from staring at this thing.”

Obi-Wan chuckled and held his hand out to help him up. As Cody took his hand, he felt a weight lift off his shoulders. He had been avoiding him all day, but he knew that it was unnecessary. He was only his General after all, and his friend. Nothing more than that. He let go of his hand and walked beside him to his quarters. He could already imagine what Rex would say, but he kept walking and focused on the man beside him. He ached to be planetside, to see Kenobi lit by the brilliance of an orange sunset that matched his hair. Cody shook the thoughts away and sat down, watching Obi-Wan make some tea for the both of them. Cody watched him walk around the kitchen, going through the familiar motions of the ritual. He felt a fondness settle in his chest at watching the man in his element, similar to the gracefulness he had when he was fighting, but so much different.

Obi-Wan walked over with two tea cups, sitting a breath away from Cody. “I haven’t seen you at all today, are you doing alright?”

Cody smiled ruefully. So he had noticed. “I’m fine. Just...thinking about things.”

Obi-Wan raised an eyebrow. “Anything you want to talk about, my dear?”

Cody felt the urge to just tell it all to him, how he was in love with him, how annoying his brother could be. He sighed. “Just my brother teasing me about some sensitive, personal things.”

Obi-Wan grinned. “Ah, I know how that is, to an extent. Vos was like a brother to me as we grew up together. He still acts like it, too.” Obi-Wan smiled and chuckled. “So what has your brother found to vex you about? I’m assuming you’re referring to Rex.”

Cody chuckled and nodded. “Nothing of importance.”

Obi-Wan frowned. “Cody, my dear, I thought we were friends. You can tell me anything,” he said, laying his hand on Cody’s knee.

Cody smiled. “We are. It’s just embarrassing,” he said. ‘To say the least,’ he thought.

Obi-Wan chuckled. “Nothing could make me think less of you,” he assured.

Cody tried to keep a straight face as he felt his chest tighten. If only that were true. He entertained the thought of telling him everything for a brief moment, but he couldn’t do that. After all, Kenobi is his CO, and he is only a clone; there would be a million other copies of him that Obi-Wan could turn to, and so many other people that were more worthy of the love of this man.

“It’s just a crush. One that will never work out, but Rex says that I’m just self deprecating, but he doesn’t understand how the world really works,” he said quietly. “No one wants a clone. We’re just one of many, so why would they need just the one specific person?” he sighed. “I’m sorry. I don’t mean to dump this all on you. I just needed a little space today after he pointed out that I was getting very close with this person.”

Obi-Wan looked heartbroken and Cody wanted nothing more than to be able to disappear from that moment.

“Cody, do you really believe all that?” Obi-Wan asked.

He just shrugged.

Obi-Wan turned to face him more fully, slotting their knees together. “Cody, each and every one of you clones has your own unique force signature. You are all unique, you are your own person, even if society does not recognize that yet. But I believe that some people do already know that and can fall in love with you, or any of your many brothers.”

Cody let out a sad smile. “Thanks, but there is much more blocking this relationship than society’s standards.”

Obi-Wan handed him his cup of tea and urged him on.

“It’s war time, so the titles we have make it hard to pursue anything, especially since I’m a clone, yes, but even if I wasn’t I couldn’t do this either. The “power imbalance”, as most people say, is just too great to try anything.”

Obi-Wan hugged him and whispered, “I’m so sorry, my dear.” He sat back down after a moment and looked up at him. “There are regulations to follow, of course, but there are also specific rules given for that exact reason.” Obi-Wan pulled out his pad and showed him a section titled, ‘Relations’. “This goes over much of what you may be worried about. You should have access to this, but I’ll send you the link, anyways. Just read it over and see if it helps. I also know that both Senator Organa and Senator Amidala are working on a Clone’s Rights Bill every free second they get.”

Cody looked up at that. “They are?”

Obi-Wan smiled and put a finger to his lips. “But it’s very confidential, so don’t tell anyone I told you.”

Cody nodded. Rex would love to know this, but if Senator Amidala was helping, well, he’d hear about it eventually anyways.

Cody finished his tea and stood up. “We should both get some rest.”

Obi-Wan smiled. “Of course, my dear. I hope to see more of you tomorrow. And read that section, okay?”

Cody saluted. “Yes, sir.”

Obi-Wan chuckled. “Alright, thank you for talking with me.”

“Thank you, Obi-Wan,” he said as he left.

CODY KENOBI: Obi-Wan is too good for this world.

Captain Obvious: You had a good late night date?

CODY KENOBI: Not a date, we just talked and ate tea after he dragged me out of the closet I was hiding in

Captain Obvious: XD Kenobi gets us all out of the closet

CODY KENOBI: Does everyone actually have a crush on him?

Captain Obvious: You’re just so focused on him you don’t see how any of us act around him, especially the shinies XD

CODY KENOBI: Okay, I notice the shinies, I’m not that blind.

Captain Obvious: You’re definitely blinded by looooovvveee

CODY KENOBI: >=(
I’m going to read this thing Obi-Wan sent me, then I’m going to bed. I’m not talking to you anymore.

Captain Obvious: Ooooo, a loooovvveee letter?

CODY KENOBI: No, some rules.

Captain Obvious: Boring :|

CODY KENOBI is offline

Cody closed the messages and started reading.

Notes:

That was a little more angsty and political than I planned, but 😅🤷 it just happened

 

Sorry I'm so inconsistent with this one! I'm gonna try to update most of my fanfictions regularly soon, because I don't have school until April 🙌

Chapter 5: Rex: The Biggest Gay Disaster

Summary:

Anakin being oblivious ft. Dad! Obi-Wan to knock some sense into our favorite man child

Notes:

This chapter is in Anakin's POV, so a little different than usual, but I hope it's a good different ;)

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

Anakin had been talking to Obi-Wan for the past two hours and wasn't any closer to the reason why Rex had suddenly started shutting him out.

"Anakin, I don't think he's shutting you out like you think, he's just finally setting boundaries for himself," Obi-Wan said with a sigh.

Anakin furrows his brows and crosses his arms. "But it's more than that Obi-Wan, I don't think you're getting it! Rex and I have been working together for years now, why would he suddenly do this? And it's not just that, he's distanced himself from me in other ways, too. He doesn't do his paperwork with me anymore, we barely talk outside of essential meetings and all that."

Obi-Wan leaned back and ran a hand through his hair. "Yes, I see that..but Anakin, these men are a little slower to learn their boundaries because they've never had the option to do that before, so it's probably just that. And is he just busy? I know Cody and I like to do all those things, but sometimes I go weeks without seeing him outside of just..the normal meetings, because we both get busy sometimes or we just need some time to ourselves. So just wait it out, it's probably just that he needs a break or something like that."

Anakin frowned. "I..I didn't really think of that. Am I just being too clingy and making it worse? Obi-Wan, what if I made him feel like he couldn't leave me? Did I try to make him codependent on accident?"

Obi-Wan stood up and went to sit next to Anakin, rubbing his back and helping him calm down.

"Anakin. You're not doing anything wrong, as far as I know. And I know you're a good person, you just are very extroverted and some people aren't used to handling that every day. But no, I don't believe anything you're doing that could turn him against you, he's probably just figuring some things out."

Anakin nods and leans against him. "Thanks. I just..he was kind of my best friend, y'know? Especially after the fallout with Padme. He has been a constant for me and I think I'm just afraid I'm losing that."

"Why don't you talk to him about it? Just, maybe set up some time to spend together outside of work. Schedule something together so you can start to get that back,or at least find some middle ground of being around each other," Obi-Wan said.

Anakin smiled. "I knew you would know something to do. Thanks Obi-Wan!" he said, and got up and left.

He had a few meetings to go to and paperwork to do before he could talk to Rex, but he finished it all as quickly as he could. It took a little bit of bribing, but he finally found Rex hiding in medbay.

"Rex, can I talk to you?" Anakin asked, making sure to stay quiet enough for only Rex to hear him.

Rex looked up from his pad and raised an eyebrow. "Of course," he said, standing up to follow him somewhere else.

Anakin took him into an empty conference room- he was thinking of just using his room, but decided that a neutral place might be better for this.

Anakin sighed. "Rex, I- this is a personal meeting, you aren't in trouble," he said as he looked over to see his captain sitting tensely. "I just haven't seen you a lot, outside of work, and I just wanted to talk to you about that."

Rex opened his mouth to explain, but Anakin kept talking.

"You don't have to explain anything, and we can just keep things professional if that's what you want, I just wanted to figure out what I've been doing wrong. I'm sorry if I never let you have your own free time, you don't have to be with me every time I ask, you have your own life too. But I wanted to ask you if you wanted to come watch some podracing with me tomorrow night?" Anakin cringed and sighed. "We have planetary leave tomorrow and I thought it might be a good time to reconnect."

Rex smiled and nodded. "I've always wanted to actually see something cool when we have this time off. My brothers usually just drag me along to shop and gossip with them. Which isn't always bad...but it does get old."

Anakin grinned. "Awesome. The podraces start an hour after lunch, so I'll just comm you once I finish lunch and we can meet up and go to the races."

Rex nodded."And Anakin? You've always been a good friend, and I know I've always had a choice in hanging out with you. Just lately.. I've been working through some things on my own and needed some space. I'm sorry that I let you go in this," Rex looked down at the table and frowned. "I'm glad you reached out, cause I never wanted to lose your friendship."

Anakin smiled. "Thanks, Rex. I appreciate that. I'm always here if you need to talk, too, but I should probably get some sleep now..so I'll see you tomorrow," he said as he stood up.

Rex stood up and followed him out. "I look forward to seeing what your childhood was filled with," he said with a wink.

Anakin laughed. "Alright."

They parted ways and Anakin looked down at his pad and pulled up his conversation with Obi-Wan.

Skyguy: You were right, Rex wasn't mad at me. And we're going to watch some podracing tomorrow! :)

Obi: I'm glad you talked it out. Enjoy your date! ;)

Skyguy: :/

Obi: Am I wrong, Ani?

Skyguy: Don't call me that and yes, it's just a friendly outing

Obi: Looks like you're still in denial

Skyguy: Says the man who's practically married to his Commander?

Obi: ಠ_ಠ

Skyguy changed Obi's name to Malewife

Malewife: Really?

Skyguy: Am I wrong?

Malewife changed Skyguy's name to Trophy Husband

Trophy Husband: Touchè

Anakin looked up and opened the door to his room and walked inside.

Malewife: Well, my husband and I have to get back to all this fun filing and flimsiwork, so get some sleep and have fun with your date tomorrow.

Trophy Husband: I'm telling Rex you said that. Good night, lover boy.

Anakin put his pad away and laid down. He'd had crushes and even some relationships with guys before, but was Obi-Wan right? Did he like his Captain without noticing?

Notes:

Sorry, I promise I haven't abandoned this! I love this one, I just get overwhelmed with life a lot 😅

Comments and kudos are my motivation, so let me know what you think!

Chapter 6: Meddling Little Brothers

Summary:

Rex may have dug himself too deep of a hole to get out of this time. But who knows, the negotiator has his ways of smoothing things over.

Notes:

This chapter took me two weeks to find the motivation to finish, but I hope you enjoy it!
The next chapter is going to be tons of fun, so hopefully I can get that up soon as well ;)

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

Captain Obvious: Anakin told me that you and Obi-Wan got hitched. Why didn’t you tell me?

CODY KENOBI: I wasn’t aware of it. So it’s some jetti osik.

Captain Obvious: I didn’t know they could do that. So is that gonna happen to me too?

CODY KENOBI: I guess we’ll never know. But get back to work.

Cody put away his pad and looked back up to his post.

“Can’t get enough of Obi-Wan without texting him all the time?” Boil said as he came up to Cody.

He rolled his eyes and said, “That was Rex. Now get back to work and stop gossiping.”

“Yes, sir,” he said, giggling as he turned around.

Cody sighed then jumped up as he saw Obi-Wan walk in. “Hello, General.”

“Good morning Commander,” Obi-Wan replied. "How is everyone doing this morning?"

The others around him answered with various positive responses.

Obi-Wan chatted with them all for a few minutes, turning to Cody as the conversation died down. "And how are you doing this fine morning, Commander?"

Cody shrugged. "As well as I can be, sir."

Obi-Wan's brows furrowed. "Will you come walk with me? I just need to go over some new things I've thought of."

Cody nodded and fell in step with Obi-Wan. They just walked in silence for a little bit, until Obi-Wan finally broke the silence.

"Cody, I just wanted to ask you about what you had thought of the thing I sent you a little bit ago?"

Cody racked his brain for what he was talking about and remembered the "relations" section of the rules that Obi-Wan had sent him.

"It was very enlightening. I didn't know that there were ways for just about any relationship to work in war, even if there are a lot of guidelines and rules attached to that," Cody said. He thought about his little freak out that night when he realized that he and Obi-Wan could work out, even now if they wanted. "It's hard to think of having a relationship in a time like this, especially if there are so many rules attached to it that make it hard to have a full relationship."

Obi-Wan nodded. "That's true, but sometimes it's worth it to have even just a little bit."

Cody saw a flash of sadness in Obi-Wan's eyes before he looked back ahead of him and kept walking.

"Have you ever had someone like that?" Cody asked, just loud enough to be heard.

Obi-Wan sighed and shrugged. "In a sense. When I was still a Padawan, I got stuck on a planet alone and met a girl that I got involved with, at least while I was younger. I've met her in more recent times, but it's very different now. I've moved on from her and we're very different people now."

Cody thought that Jedi weren't allowed to have relationships, then remembered Obi-Wan explaining that to him a while ago when he asked about Anakin.

"Do you think that you'd try to have a relationship now?"

Obi-Wan smiled. "If I felt that it was worth it, then yes. But what's important here is that you understand how that works now."

Cody nodded. "I do." He paused and stopped, Obi-Wan turning back to look at him. "I just still don't know if I could ever work out with the person I like."

Obi-Wan put a hand on his shoulder and smiled. "Cody, you're one of the best and nicest people I've met, anyone would be lucky to have you. If they have any sense, they'll see that, too."

Cody smiled. He wished it was that easy. "Thanks for the vote of confidence."

Obi-Wan gave a small smile. "Of course, although you don't need my approval, you're great on your own."

Oh, if only he knew how much it means to him.

"So, did you have any actual business to discuss?"

Obi-Wan chuckled. "I'd like to think that checking up on my Commander is actual business. But yes, I did have a few strategies I wanted to discuss."

--------------------

CODY KENOBI: I don't believe you

Captain Obvious: Is this about what I said this morning? Cause Anakin told me that, so yell at him.

CODY KENOBI: I don't talk to Anakin, that would be weird. And I'm blaming you. I think Jedi just get married in the normal way for their culture, so you and Anakin are just crazy.

Captain Obvious: Fair enough. But I don't know how Stewjonis have marriages. Sooo 🤷

CODY KENOBI: You just want us to get married.

Captain Obvious: so what?

CODY KENOBI changed Captain Obvious to #1 Codywan Fan

CODY KENOBI: I'm not asking him how they work. The world may never know.

#1 Codywan Fan: Fine, I'm messaging him now and asking.

CODY KENOBI: Stop it! You're going to get me in trouble with him

#1 Codywan Fan: Mwahaha my plan is set in motion

Cody sighed as Obi-Wan sent him a message.

Obi-Wan: Why is your brother asking me how my local marriage works?

Cody: Ignore him. He's trying to prove to me that Jedi get married differently.

Obi-Wan: It's not hard to explain that, are you sure you want me to ignore him?

Cody: You can do whatever you want, but just don't let him propose to you.

Obi-Wan: I will try my best, but he is quite an attractive man.

Cody: Ew, no. Stop it, that's my baby brother you're talking about.

Obi-Wan: Ha, ha. Alright. But I'll be fine, Cody. I do know how Mandalorian marriage and dating works as well, so I think I've got it covered.

Cody didn't know how Obi-Wan knew all that, but that was a question for later. And he already knew that Obi-Wan spoke Mando'a, so he wouldn't be surprised if there was a connection between those two things.

CODY KENOBI: Please don't steal my man.

#1 Codywan Fan: I want to see you two together, so you're safe..for now

CODY KENOBI: Fine...

Cody sighed and lay on his couch. He loved his vod’ika but he really got on his nerves sometimes. He sat up as he heard a knock on the door. He walked over to the door and opened it.

“Obi-Wan?”

Notes:

Mwhahaha

I usually hate doing cliffhangers...but the chapter was getting a little long, so I stopped it here ;)

Chapter 7: Confession?

Summary:

Cody and Obi-Wan are both disasters, but it all works out in the end

TW: panic attack

Notes:

I know that the last chapter was a big cliffhanger, so here's my late Christmas present to you all😅🎁

Chapter Text

“Do you need something?” Cody asked.

“I was just wondering if you had time to talk for a little bit?” Obi-Wan asked, shuffling his feet in the open doorway.

Cody waved him in and went to get some water boiling for tea. He sat down on the couch next to Obi-Wan.

“I know you said that Rex was just messing with you, but I was just thinking...” Obi-Wan paused and looked down at his clasped hands.

“Obi-Wan, you can tell me anything,” Cody said, rubbing his back.

“Cody, do you- Am I...am I the person you have a crush on?” Obi-Wan whispered, barely loud enough to be heard.

Cody sighed and let his hand fall. “Yes,” he said and stood up. “I’m going to go get the tea.”

Obi-Wan grabbed his wrist and stood up. “Cody, wait.”

Cody took a deep breath, putting his walls up before turning to look at him.

Obi-Wan’s hand fell and he looked down at the ground. “I’m sorry, I shouldn’t have sprung that on you. I've been thinking about it since we had that talk about regulations, everything today has just solidified my guess. Cody, I like you, too."

Cody froze and he felt a gentle hand pull him onto the couch.

"Cody, are you okay?" Obi-Wan said, his voice sounding far away and distant through Cody's mental haze.

Cody couldn't talk, he was going into shock and he hated himself for not being able to do anything about it- and for freaking out in the first place.

Kix walked in, Cody didn't know how long it had been, but he could feel the control of his body coming back as Kix helped him take some deep breaths.

"Cody, are you okay?" Kix asked. "What happened?"

Obi-Wan cut in and said, "It was my fault. I sprung something on him that I guess was just too much." He knelt next to Cody on the floor, reaching out to squeeze his hand. “I’m sorry,” he whispered, rubbing his thumb over Cody’s hand.

“Obi-Wan,” Cody said, grabbing his hand and pulling him back down next to him. “I’m sorry. You are right, I just panicked because...well, I don’t know. There’s a lot of reasons. But I didn’t mean to freak you out.” Their gazes locked and he broke it to look over at Kix. “Thanks, Kix. I’ll let you know if I need anything else, but I think I’m good now.”

Kix did one last quick check, then nodded. “Alright. Be careful...both of you. That was a pretty bad panic attack,” he said, then walked out of the room.

“I’m so sorry,” Cody said again, curling into himself. “I don’t know why I acted like that. I like you, I just don’t feel like this is real. Why would someone as amazing as you like someone like me?” he paused and sighed. “I know you’ve told me all these reasons why, but I just can’t wrap my head around it.”

Obi-Wan rubbed his back and put his head on Cody’s tense shoulders. “You have nothing to be sorry about. For being known as such a smooth talker, I really could have handled that better. I shouldn’t have assumed your feelings- even if it is true. I promise I’ll take more time to break news like this to you in the future,” Obi-Wan said, then muttered, “if you even want that after I messed this up.”

Cody pulled Obi-Wan closer to him and leaned on the top of his head. “You didn’t mess this up. I was the one who messed it up. Yes, there was probably a better way to go about your confession, but I need to work on my self-confidence because that’s what sent me into that panic attack.”

Obi-Wan chuckled and laced their hands together. “We both are a mess. But I guess I got what I wanted, in a roundabout way.”

Cody raised an eyebrow and asked, “What did you get?”

Obi-Wan sat up and twisted around to look him in the eyes. “I got you.”

Cody blushed and looked down at their connected hands. “Oh.”

Obi-Wan gently moved his head up to look at him. “Cody, we really should get some sleep, it’s getting late, but first...do you want to do this with me, be together?”

Cody smiled and brought their foreheads together. “I want to try, cyare.”

Obi-Wan smiled and wrapped his arms around him. “Goodnight, my dear.”

“Goodnight,” Cody said, standing in the doorway to watch him leave. He flopped down onto his bed and grinned, then swore. “What am I going to tell Rex?”

Chapter 8: Planning a Wedding

Summary:

Rex is the most annoying little brother, but Cody always gets back at him.

Notes:

Happy late new years!

Chapter Text

"Obi-Wan said to tell you to talk to Cody," Anakin said as they were walking to a morning meeting.

Rex raised an eyebrow and looked up from his pad to actually look at him. "Did he tell you why?"

Anakin shrugged. "Just do it."

Rex rolled his eyes and wrote a note to call Cody when he had a break. All throughout the meeting, Rex mulled over what it could be about, but he was no closer to an answer than before as he walked out of the meeting.

"Hey, Cody," Rex said as the comm connected. "Are you pregnant?"

Cody sputtered and laughed. "Nice to hear from you, too. No, I am not pregnant. But I do have some good news."

"Ooo, when's the wedding?"

Rex could practically hear Cody roll his eyes. "I'm just not going to tell you now."

Rex sighed and sat down. "Fine, I can be serious. What's your news?"

Cody let out a deep breath. "Obi-Wan and I are dating."

Rex's mouth dropped open. "You're serious?"

Cody nodded- not that Rex could see that. "Yeah, he- well, it was a little chaotic, but it finally happened."

"Tell me everything," Rex said.

Cody proceeded to tell him everything that had happened the night before- but not without Rex stopping him every other sentence to give his commentary.

"So, again, when's the wedding?" Rex asked as he finished his story.

"Rex! Never. I don't know, I'm honestly blown away that even this is happening, I don't know if I could even imagine more."

Rex smiled and chuckled. "I'm glad you two are finally together, now you can go from acting like an old married couple to maybe being an old married couple someday."

Cody sighed and asked him, "So, now it's your turn to seduce your general."

Rex blushed and laughed. "You and Obi-Wan are both a heck of a lot smarter and more put together than me or Anakin. I think I'll just keep up my hopeless pining, thank you very much."

"Did you not hear my story? Me being an anxious mess is what got us together in the end," Cody said. "Rex, just- maybe just try? At least we know it's possible now, right?"

Rex sighed and ran a hand over his face. "Fine. Fine, if it'll make you happy, I'll try. Kind of."

"Thanks, Rex'ika. I just want you to be able to be happy too."

Rex smiled and laid his head against the wall. "Thanks, Cody. You're the best brother I could ever ask for. Now get back to your husband, cause we both have jobs to do."

Cody chuckled and said, "Sure, fine. Don't stay hiding in that closet forever, the shinies will eventually find you- or more likely, it'll be Kix."

Rex groaned. "You're right. Okay, fine, I'll get back to work."

"Talk to you later."

"Bye," Rex said, shutting off the communicator.

He finished doing a little bit of flimsiwork before he actually went back out there. After all, with Skywalker as his general, that stuff always got pushed to the back burner.

"Did you talk to Cody yet?" Anakin asked as Rex came back.

Rex chuckled and nodded. "So, we get to be the best men at the wedding, right?"

Anakin chuckled and nodded. "Of course, of course. I'm just glad that he'll finally stop going on and on about Cody to me all the time. Well, hopefully... I hope it doesn't get worse."

Rex laughed. "A man can dream."

A comfortable silence fell over them and they both smiled at each other. Maybe Cody was right, maybe there could be something here.

Chapter 9: Revenge Plots

Summary:

Cody and Obi-Wan try to revenge plot...it does not work out as they expected.

Chapter Text

"Why don't you tease Rex back as much as he does with you?" Obi-Wan asked as he rubbed Cody's shoulders.

Cody tilted his head back to look at him. "I take the high ground...after all, I learned from the best."

Obi-Wan laughed and placed a kiss on his head. "Alright, dear. Now, what's the real reason?"

Cody sighed. "I used to. But I always felt bad about it afterward and also... it's just not really that fun. I don't know why he does it, honestly. But I deal with it and subtly push him to actually try and live his best life."

"You are an amazing brother," Obi-Wan said, pulling Cody onto his lap. "And I think we should get him and Anakin together as revenge for getting us together."

"Obi, I don't think that would be considered revenge, but that sounds like a great idea. I just don't know how to make Rex actually do anything about it- or, if Anakin does something, I don't know how to help him see that they're more than just friends. Like- they went to watch some podracing together a few days ago. And Rex, my oblivious baby brother, he was just like, it was fun, a good friendly outing. And hey, maybe I'm wrong, maybe it just was a friendly outing, but I don't think so," Cody said with a sigh. "What do you think, is podracing watching a date for Anakin?"

Obi-Wan hummed. "I feel like this is a trap. Cause usually I'd say yes, but I really haven't been able to gauge if Anakin sees him as just a friend or more."

Cody sighed. "Okay. Fine. You both get to be bisexual disasters and Rex and I just have to deal with it."

Obi-Wan chuckled. "You're not wrong, dear. But I, personally, think you're doing great. Both of you." He paused before he asked, "Cody, I don't think Anakin knows that Rex likes him. And I'm not saying he's always observant, but it even surprised me when you told me about his crush."

Cody nodded. "Rex isn't good with emotions in general, but being asexual makes it hard for him to know how to show those kinds of emotions especially. So, there's a very fine line that he rides between friendship and romance. And even he didn't know he crossed it until months later when I started to notice it." Cody chuckled and continued, "He doesn't know, but he has some pretty obvious tells when it comes to someone he likes. It's only been a few times, but still."

Obi-Wan chuckled with him, running his hands through Cody's short hair. "That explains a lot. And Anakin, oh my goodness, that boy, he's so obvious with his crushes but he barely sees anyone's interest in him in the same way. There was one crechmate of his who flirted with him all the time, just about as much as I do on the battlefield."

"That's a lot," Cody said.

Obi-Wan chuckled. "That it is. But little Ani didn't notice it at all and brushed off her advances, all unknowingly, but still. Later, Anakin had a crush on her, but that didn't work out because he had brushed her off before so much. But yes, he is very oblivious."

"So, what you're saying is that we just have to wait for Anakin to like Rex and hope it works out?"

Obi-Wan shrugged. "Not necessarily, but that's probably our best bet."

Cody sighed. "We're not very good at planning revenge."

Obi-Wan chuckled, getting up to get them some food. "It seems not, but maybe we'll think better with some fuel."

Cody got up to help him. "Maybe. Can't hurt to try."

Chapter 10: New Child

Summary:

I finally bring in Ahsoka

Notes:

I know that the timeline is all wrong for this, but I don't care, it's just going to happen XD

Chapter Text

“Rex, Rex, Rex,” Ahsoka said.

“What?”

“Can you help me sneak out?”

Rex looked over at her. “Absolutely not. Why, what are you doing?”

Ahsoka shuffled her feet and grinned. “Nothing. It’s just a little thing. It’s fine, I’ll figure it out.”

Rex pulled her back and sighed. “Fine, what are you doing?”

“So, I have some spice runner friends. They think that they’re being set up on their next run and want some backup and it’s happening tonight.”

Rex sighed. “Fine. But comm me once you come back. And no dying or getting hurt.”

Ahsoka smiled. “Okay. Thanks so much, Rex.”

Rex smiled and let her go. After she left, he turned to go find Anakin.

“Sir,” Rex said as he approached Anakin.

Anakin turned around and smiled. “Rex, what do you need?”

“I just wanted to talk to you, sir,” he said.

Anakin took them both into his room. “What do you need, Rex?”

Rex shuffles his feet and mutters, “Ashoka is sneaking out.”

“What?”

Rex shrugged. “But she’s helping her friends and I made her promise to comm me once she’s back. She just said that it’s for tonight.”

Anakin smiled. “Well, let’s let her have it. Thanks for letting me know, though.”

Rex smiled. “Okay.”

-Later that day-

“Ahsoka! You made it,” Trace said.

She smiled. “Wouldn’t miss it for the world. So who are we going up against?”

“Aurra Sing,” Rafa said.

Ahsoka sucked in a breath. “Oh.”

“Still think you’re up for it?”

She nodded. “We can do it.”

And she was right. They handled it so well that they gained one new passenger on the way back.

“Boba? You brought Boba back with you?” Rex whispered as he pulled them into an empty conference room.

She shrugged. “Yeah. He’s your brother, right?”

Rex sighed. “Yes. But Ahsoka, he’s a kid.”

She sighed. “He was running around with bounty hunters, I thought he might be a little safer here.”

Rex smiled. “Alright. Fine. But he’s going to stay with you since you found him. We’ll figure out a more permanent place for him later.”

“Do I get a say in this?” Boba asked.

They both turned to him and said, “No.”

He sighed. “Alright, well are we going to bed now?”

“Yes,” Rex said. “I’ll tell Anakin about him tomorrow morning. Get some sleep.”

They both nodded and left.

Rex sighed. “This is going to be chaos.”

Chapter 11: Making a Plan

Summary:

Boba is settling in and Cody teases Rex

Chapter Text

Anakin didn’t freak out as Rex expected, but Obi-Wan did. They set up Boba in a small room near the barracks and let him sit in on some of the training lessons so he would be safe if they ever got boarded.

“Rex, Obi-Wan says that he wants Boba,” Cody said as they did their daily call.

Rex laughed. “He’d have to fight Ahsoka, she’s taken him under her wing.”

Cody sighed. “I’m starting to think he might. He just keeps talking about how he’s so worried about him being there and he needs protection and Anakin’s not ready for that responsibility and all that.”

Rex smiled. “Yeah, I see why he’d think that, but I think that he’s doing pretty good. It also helps that Ahsoka is here to help him, too and I think they’re like...best friends now.”

Cody chuckled. “That’s good. Maybe I need to bring him onboard to your guys’ ship so he can see how Boba’s doing.”

Rex nodded. “I think that would help him a lot. Tell him that I said it’s good and we should just surprise Anakin with it.”

Cody chuckled. “Sounds like a plan. I’ll let him know.”

“How are you guys doing?” Rex asked. “Is it any different now?”

Cody blushed and sighed. “You’re right with that. There hasn’t been much difference, just sometimes we kiss now but that’s kinda it.”

Rex smiled. “I’m happy for you.”

Cody smiled. “Thanks. Now...when are you and Anakin going to get your osik together?”

Rex huffed. “There’s nothing to get together.”

“Says the one who just had a date not even a week ago?”

“That wasn’t a date,” Rex said. “That was just a friendly outing.”

Cody chuckled. “Sure it was. He brought you to one of his favorite things and it was just friendly, no romance there at all,” he drawled.

Rex glared. “Whatever, you weren’t there.”

Cody was silent for a long time.

“You weren’t, right?”

“...Obi-Wan’s calling me gotta go,” he said and hung up.

Rex glared at the blank screen and sighed.

“How are you holding up, buddy?” Rex asked Boba once he found him in the training room.

He shrugged. “Everyone treats me like a kid but I’m not. Not really, anyway. I was an assassin, I ran my own crime circuit. But it’s fine, better that I’m here, huh?”

Rex nodded. “Yeah, it is. But how are you feeling about it?”

Boba shrugged. “It’s weird, but like...a good weird, you know?”

Rex smiled. “Glad to hear it. Now, you want to spar?”

----------------------

“Ahsoka?”

“Yeah?”

“I think I have a plan,” Boba said, with a smirk.

Chapter 12: Hiding the Plan, Mostly

Summary:

Ahsoka gets left in charge and pulls everyone into her's and Boba's plan. Anakin and Rex try to figure out what they planned, but only Obi-Wan (and in conjecture, Cody) get the details.

Chapter Text

Letting Ahsoka and Boba be unsupervised for this long wasn't a great idea, but Anakin had meetings and other things to do, so it couldn't be helped.

Rex, Anakin, Obi-Wan and Cody were stuck in strategy meetings almost all day and Ahsoka was left mostly in charge of the 501st, while the 212th had the tag team captains Waxer and Boil.

Everything went pretty smoothly for the 212th, but the 501st was a very different story. Ahsoka knew exactly what she was supposed to do, but she and Boba decided instead to use the time to have their own strategy meeting.

"So, Boba, what's the game plan?" Ahsoka asked.

He grinned. "Alright. We've got intel that they've already had a first date, so we're going to push them closer together. Ahsoka told me that they're already pretty close, but that makes it easier for us to set up some... situations. I've got three ideas..."

------------------------

"Hey Rex, do you have a second to talk?" Anakin asked.

Rex nodded and fell into step with his General.

Anakin sighed. "It seems that leaving Ahsoka in charge didn't go as planned, so I just wanted to ask if you might have anyone in mind who might be better."

Rex put a hand on his shoulder and said, "Sir, I know that Ahsoka didn't do what Hewe wanted, but it seems like she's really raised morale and brought everyone closer together and I think that's just as important as training."

Anakin smiled and chuckled. "Defending the Padawan?"

Rex opened his mouth, but Anakin shook his head.

"No, you're right, Rex. Thanks."

"Anytime," he said.

Anakin smiled and pulled him in for a quick hug. "You're the best second I could ever ask for."

Rex blushed and choked out a quiet, "Thanks."

Rex watched him go, jumping as someone put their hand on him.

"Sorry, Captain. I just wanted to let you know that I've looked over Boba and he seems to be fine," Kix said.

Rex turned to look at him and nodded. "Thanks. Hey, Kix, what happened when Ahsoka was in charge?"

He smirked and shook his head with quiet laughter. "I wasn't there, I was in the med bay the whole time, but from what I've heard of it, you should watch your back."

Rex raised an eyebrow, but Kix didn't tell him anything else.

---------------------

"Ahsoka," Anakin called as he finally found his Padawan.

"Hey, Skyguy."

"So, Snips, want to tell me what happened to the training day that was supposed to happen yesterday?" he asked.

She looked at the ground and shrugged. "Sorry, Boba and I have been working on something and needed everyone's help."

Anakin raised an eyebrow and asked, "And what was that?"

She blushed and wouldn't say anything.

"'Soka, what are you doing?"

"It's nothing bad. It's just a secret from you," she said.

He crossed his arms and said, "Okay, then will you at least tell Rex so someone in charge knows what crazy plan you've come up with?"

She shook her head. "I can't, it's a secret from him, too."

Anakin facepalmed. "Fine, Obi-Wan?"

She thought for a second and nodded. "Okay, I can tell him."

Anakin sighed and smiled. "Okay, I just want you to be safe."

She giggled. "There's nothing to worry about with this, but I'll tell Obi-Wan anyways."

------------------------

"You're going to do what?!" Cody said.

Ahsoka cringed and let out a small smile. "Boba came up with most of it."

Him and Obi-Wan both sighed.

"Of course he did," Cody muttered.

Obi-Wan patted his shoulder, then looked at Ahsoka. "Ahsoka, do you think it's a good idea to get caught up in the middle of this?"

"Aren't you already?"

Obi-Wan shook his head and smiled. "You're not completely wrong, but I think this is too dramatic of a plan. Maybe just.. dial it down a bit?"

She nodded. "I'll talk to Boba and figure something out and let you know."

"Thanks," he said.

"And tell Boba that he needs to talk to me," Cody said.

Ahsoka nodded. "I don't think he has his own comm, so I'll let him use mine, but I'll tell him."

"Ahsoka, dear, you're a great Padawan, even if this is a little much for us. You care a lot and I think that's amazing. And the men listen to you, too, I'm proud of you."

She smiled. "Thanks, Obi-Wan."

"Well, we've got to get back to work. But thank you for letting us at least know about this."

She nodded. "Alright, bye."

She put the comm on her nightstand and sighed. "This is going to be a lot of work."

Chapter 13: The Plan Pt 1

Summary:

Ahsoka starts The Plan

Chapter Text

Rex awoke to silence, not completely unusual, but it was a loaded silence. Rex had the option to have his quarters, but he rarely slept in them and preferred the barracks, especially after they picked up Boba. Boba moved into his room and it worked out well. With his title, Rex was able to sleep in sometimes, leading to days waking up to silence like this. But it wasn't late and everyone was gone.

Rex got ready and looked around for everyone, and they were just already up and doing their jobs. He double-checked the time and shook his head as he saw that it was right, so something was off.

Anakin found him soon enough and pulled him into a place alone.

"Rex, what's going on? Why was everyone up so early?"

He shrugged. "I have no clue. Maybe Ahsoka is doing whatever she planned on her day in charge."

Anakin nodded, letting down his tensed shoulders. "Yeah, that's probably it. I just wish I knew what the plan is for."

Rex chuckled. "You and me both."

They both leaned against each other and Anakin sighed. "Rex, do you think that I've done well with Ahsoka? Or is today going to just turn into utter chaos?"

Rex shrugged. "I think you're doing great, but I don't know how Ahsoka's plan is going to play out. But if all of my men are going along with it, I think that we'll probably be alright."

Anakin smiled. "Yeah, you're right. Thanks, Rex."

He nodded.

--------------------

Rex may have put too much faith in his men to not go along with a crazy plan. He regretted trusting them as he and Anakin were stuck in a lift together for the past hour.

"Rex, I'm starting to think that I shouldn't have let Padme give Ahsoka all those romance novels because this is exactly where this plan came from."

Rex laughed. "That might be where she got the ideas, but I think she's been wanting to set us up ever since she saw Bly and Aayla together. And then Cody and Obi-Wan getting together probably was the last push for her. It's kind of surprising how much chemistry most of the Jedi generals have with their seconds."

Anakin nodded. "But only two of them are romantic, right?"

Rex shrugged. "Only two are together that I'm aware of. Kit and Monnk, Windu and Ponds, Shaak Ti and Colt, Luminaria and Gree, Mundi and Bacara all have a romantic tension. Plo and Wolffe have a relationship, but it's more father-son than romantic. And I'm not super familiar with everyone else."

Anakin buried his head in his knees. "Okay, I kind of see why she's doing this now."

Rex joined him on the floor and rubbed his back. "We're good friends and we don't have to be anything more, no matter what Ahsoka wants. It's still our choice."

Anakin looked up at him with a sad smile. "Yeah, you're right."

"Wait, Anakin-" Rex started, then was cut off as the lift started moving again.

After that, Anakin almost ran out and Rex sighed. He messed this up

Chapter 14: It's All Coming Together

Summary:

The moment Ahsoka has been waiting for ft. Codywan

Chapter Text

Cody collapsed on Obi-Wan's couch and sighed, putting his head on Obi-Wan's lap.

"Rex is a disaster and I'm starting to think that you really do have the disaster lineage," he said.

Obi-Wan chuckled, running his hands through Cody's short hair. "You think I don't know that, dear? What did Anakin do?"

"Ahsoka, actually... mostly, but some was just Rex."

"Oh no, did the plan backfire?"

Cody shrugged. "I'm not sure yet. So, Ahsoka and also the men got the two stuck in a lift together for a time. Rex recognized what was happening, brought it up and told Anakin that they didn't have to be anything they didn't want to be even if it seemed like everyone else did."

Obi-Wan let out a quiet, "Oh. Oh no."

Cody nodded. "Yeah, and then the lift opened and they haven't really talked since. But I know now that Rex realizes what he did and wants to fix it. So not completely a failed plan."

Obi-Wan nodded. "Alright. It sounds like Anakin took it as a rejection but Rex just wanted him to not feel pressured into it. So, if Rex can tell him how he feels and explain the situation, I think they can fix this."

Cody nodded. "That sounds like it'll work, I'm gonna let Rex know and then I'll make us some food."

Obi-Wan hugged him and gave him a peck on the lips. "Thank you cyar'ika."

--------------------

Cody told Rex to go to Anakin and talk about what happened. That was not what he wanted to hear, but he knew he should do it now before they got any worse.

Rex found Anakin in the hangar working on a ship.

"General," he said as he got closer.

"Rex, it's still Anakin," he said and wiped his hands off, standing up to look at him. "What do you need?"

Rex shuffled his feet and said, "I just wanted to talk to you."

Anakin motioned to a stool near him and sat on the ship not far from it.

"Anakin, when I said all that stuff in the lift about not being pushed into anything, I didn't mean to make you think that I didn't want it. I.. really like you but I just want it to be our own choice to do anything about it not just because Ahsoka pushes us into it," Rex said.

"What?"

Rex looked up to see Anakin right in front of him, looking very, very confused.

"What?" Rex asked back.

Anakin grinned. "You like me?"

Rex nodded.

Anakin pulled him up and wrapped him in a tight hug. "Rex, I like you, too."

Rex smiled and relaxed into the hug. "I'm really glad you do. But I do need to tell you one thing about me first."

Anakin pulled back and nodded.

"I'm asexual. I still, obviously, have romantic feelings but not anything more than that. I don't want you to expect too much from me and if you don't want me anymore, I completely understand."

Anakin pulled him back into a hug and kissed the top of his head. "That doesn't change anything. Thank you for letting me know up front, just tell me if I'm ever too much."

Rex smiled and sighed. "We can talk about it later."

----------------------

"Cody, it worked," Rex said on a call later that day. "And you were right, you were always right probably. He does like me and he is okay with my asexuality, he was really understanding about it."

Cody grinned. "That's amazing! I'm so happy for you. Now we can go on double dates, you know, on all 3 days we have off each year."

They both chuckled and let out happy sighs.

"Thanks for helping me get here, Kote."

"Of course, Rex'ika."

"Goodnight," he said.

"Goodnight."

Notes:

Tell me what you think =D
My tumblr is @/fangirlshipper