Actions

Work Header

Gossip, Misunderstandings and Romance (DISCONTINUED)

Summary:

Rex and Cody like to gossip, but when it's about their Generals they dissapear. Anakin and Obi-Wan get suspicious and investigate, chaos ensues

Notes:

I wrote this instead of working on Ordinace 66, sorry not sorry? But it was fun so, whatevs XD

(See the end of the work for more notes.)

Chapter 1: The New BAMF Jedi

Chapter Text

Rex’ika: Ahsoka is the most BAMF in the GAR

Mr. Kenobi: What about me? I feel betrayed T_T

Rex’ika: ... you're a good fighter, but not enough to be a BAMF
now, Kenobi, maybe
Aayla, definitely
but it was actually probably Windu until Ahsoka showed up

Mr. Kenobi: 8O Kenobi is only a maybe??? But-

Rex’ika: you’re biased, opinion vetoed

Mr. Kenobi: >=(

Mr. Kenobi has changed Rex’ika’s name to Anti-Simp

Anti-Simp: I can live with this

Mr. Kenobi: I have to get back to work, bye vod’ika.

Anti-Simp: have fun with your husband ;)

Mr. Kenobi: It’s husband now?! It was boyfriend yesterday

Anti-Simp: things change, congrats

Mr. Kenobi is offline

Rex looked at his comm and sighed. “Well, back to work I guess.”

--------------------

“Cody, I think that this di’kut is trying to make war “fun” for Ahsoka, tell him to stop,” Rex said, pointing a finger at the General behind him.

“I think it’s a worthy pursuit for her, maybe just add in some book learning too, General Skywalker,” Cody replied.

Anakin rolled his eyes. “You sound just like Obi-Wan.”

“I do spend a lot of time around him, sir, so I’m not surprised.”

Anakin laughed and Rex looked pointedly at Cody.

“I’m going to my quarters, General, comm me if you need anything.”

Anakin raised an eyebrow but said, ‘Alright, Captain.”

Rex closed his door and let out a sigh.

“You okay, vod’ika?” Cody asked, a little worry in his tone.

“Yeah, I’m fine. I promise. How’s married life going?” he teased, bringing the focus off him.

Cody rolled his eyes. “It doesn’t exist, only in your little fantasy world, vod. You know, the one where every second is romantically involved with their CO?”

“Hey! I never said that. Only you and Kenobi, Bly and Aayla and, some days, Ponds and Windu.”

“What about you and Anakin? You guys are a little close for a Captain and General,” Cody said, a teasing lilt in his voice.

Rex rolled his eyes. “You’re one to talk, Mr. I Do Paperwork in my General’s Quarters.”

“Yeah? Well at least I can focus in battle when my jetti does tricks, you get too distracted watching him flip off of walls.”

Rex put his head in his hands, knowing that it’s true. “How do you survive your jetti stripping in every battle?”

Cody blushed and muttered, “It’s not like that.”

“Yeah? Really? How is it then?” Rex said, laughing.

Cody blushed and then stiffened.

“Commenting on my dramatic entrances, Captain?” Rex heard from behind Cody.

“Uh..yes, sir?” he said slowly.

“Well, I’m glad they’re memorable,” he said, finally stepping into the frame. “How is having Ahsoka on board been, Rex?”

“It’s been good, sir. The vod have taken her in as their new little sister, so you could say that she’s settling in well, General Kenobi.”

Obi-Wan flinched a bit at the title and said, “Rex, you can call me Obi-Wan outside of meetings and the battlefield. Or even just Kenobi, that seems to be all you seconds will agree to.” He glared over at Cody, then smiled at Rex. “Well, I’m glad to hear she’s doing well. I will have to steal your brother soon to do paperwork, though.” Kenobi walked out and Rex heard the door open and a muffled, “Meet me in my quarters” from Kenobi.

“Well, I should probably do that,” Cody said, letting out a sigh.

Rex smirked. “Yeah, have fun making out with your husband.”

Cody rolled his eyes. “Will do, Rex’ika. Bye.”

“Bye, Cody.” Rex said, then watched Cody flicker out.

Rex turned to the door and said, “What do you need, General?”

Anakin opened the door, at least having the decency to look sheepish. “Uh, nothing? Well, actually I was going to ask for your help with the reports, but you were busy so I thought I’d just wait til you were done.”

Rex internally took a deep breath to calm himself and not kill his General. “Can a man not have a private conversation?” he said, teasing.

Anakin’s face fell and Rex realized that this was probably not the best way he could have said that.

“Sir, I didn’t mean it like that-”

Anakin held his hand up and sat on Rex’s bed. “No, you’re right, I should have let you have some privacy. I’m sorry. I’m just not used to you needing it when you’re around me. Did I do something wrong?” he said softly.

Rex turned his chair around to look Anakin in the eyes. “No, you didn’t. Cody and I are just gossiping and didn’t want you and Obi-Wan to have to hear that.” Rex felt a little bad about lying, but it was a partial truth.

Anakin smiled and stood up. “Oh, okay. But you really don’t have to worry about that, the Jedi gossip as much as you guys do..well, some of them, at least.” He scratched the back of his neck and blushed. “Well, Rex, would you like to go over some reports with me?”

Rex chuckled and nodded, noticing that Skywalker already had his ‘pad with him. He went and sat next to his General, going over the reports for the next few hours.