Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Categories:
Fandoms:
Relationships:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Series:
Part 3 of Kingdom Hearts Dimensions Series , Part 3 of The Dark-Blade Saga
Stats:
Published:
2021-02-22
Updated:
2023-11-11
Words:
87,853
Chapters:
35/?
Comments:
45
Kudos:
65
Bookmarks:
6
Hits:
2,821

Kingdom Hearts Dimensions III: Dimensional Spree

Summary:

The Hallway is in danger. All the games that are connected to the Game Dimension, are liable to get attacked by the Dark Figure. They are using the logics of Kingdom Heart's own terror, the Heartless, to attack the other worlds.
It's up to Sora, Roxas and Hayner to put a stop to it.

 

Minecraft- (Completed)
FNaF 4- (Completed)
FNaF 2- (Completed)
FNaF 1- (Completed)
FNaF 3- (Completed)
FNaF 6- (Completed)
FNaF UCN- (Completed)

Chapter 1: Trouble In The Games

Chapter Text

Video games.

 

We all play them at one time or another. 

Some of them can be horror games, some can be shooters, some can even be very unique.

But what most of us can't do, is travel to them. But there is a possible way to.

And that's known as, the Video Game Dimension. 

a dimension that's created when any Video Game gets created. 

Also known, as the Fictional Dimension. 

 

 

 

 

 

Kingdom Hearts: Dimensional Spree

 

 

Yes, I made these again lol

 

 

Sora was running trough Twilight Town. He was quickly trying to head to the usual spot. "I really hope Hayner and the rest won't be to upset that I spent the night with Mark-" He said to himself. "Hayner can be... just so annoying."

He passed by the sandlot, and Sifer and his two idiot frineds where with him. "Sora!" Sifer called out, but Sora payned no attention, and continued to run.

 

"Why was he running for? Y'know?" Rai asked. "He better have not been running from danger. Cause of danger is in my down, they have messed with the wrong person."

 

"You mean Sora?" Rai asked. "No, I ment me you Idiot!" Sifer snapped. 

 

 

 

Sora made it to the usual spot. And there was Hayner sitting on the couch, and Roxas and Axel where playing some chess. "Ha! I won!" Roxas yelled as he apparently had beaten his friend. "Ah! Come on!" Axle yelled. "Ya always win!"

 

"Hey guys!" Sora said, hoping not to draw to much attention to himself. "Sora, where in the worlds where you?" Roxas asked. Sora was surprised to hear Roxas saying that, since he was expecting Hayner to say it. "I spent the night with Mark."

 

Hayner sighed. "Sora-" He said.

 

"Well, why didn't you call us and tell us?" Roxas asked. "We've been waiting for you all day"

 

"Yeah, Yen Sid wanted you and Roxas and Hayner to go vist him. "Wait what?!" Sora said. "Yeah, and that was a few hours ago." Hayner said. Sora honestly didn't know. He didn't even think to have called Roxas and the rest. "Shoot.. im sorry guys..."

 

"Well, we still have to go to Master Yen Sid." Roxas said. 

 

"Why do we have to go to him for?

 

 

 

" Sora asked. Axel shrugged. "Something important, I'd assume. Got it memorized?"

 

 

 

 

Sora nodded. "Well, if you guys are ready, I am"

"Well, freaking finally" Hayner said.

****

Sora, Hayner and Roxas headed to Master Yen Sid's castle. They went into it, and up to the top, to the master.

Sora was honestly nervous that Yen Sid was gonna be mad at him, but he wasn't. He seemed rather worried about something.

"Hello, Master" Roxas said. "Why did you want us all to meet here?"

"Hello, Roxas, Hayner and Sora." Yen Sid said. "Something is wrong with the game dimensions. There is a creature that is corrupting them. Some massive force, that can possibly take over our dimension, and possibly that young boy, Mark's dimension."

"What!?" Roxas said

"Do you know what it is?" Sora asked. Yen sid shook his head. "I do not. But I do know that it's somehow controlling the heartless."

"But how?! We got rid of the darkness!" Roxas said. "It's doing something strange" Yen Sid said. "It's somehow using things from the past, into our present."

"Do you know where it is now?" Sora asked. "In one of the games Mark owns"

"Come on guys! We have to go to the games"

"Wait Sora!" Yen Sid said. "The game dimensions, have a special gemstone. This gemstone acts like a key. Similar to your keyblade Sora. Find the gemstone, and it'll lock the code of the game worlds, to prevent the creature from corrupting the world's any further."

Sora nodded. "Come on guys!"

****

Sora, and his two friends headed to the Video Game Hallway.

They entered it, and saw the series of doors that all lead to other dimensions. "Uh, should we get Mark? I mean, these are his games and he probably knows a lot about them."

Hayner nodded. "Yeah. At least he can guide is trough them."

"I can't" Sora said. "He's at shcool in his world."

"Then how in the worlds are we gonna find a gemstone?"

"Hayner, I'm pretty sure Mark doesn't even know where the gemstones are anyways"

"Guy's, cool it!" Roxas said. "We just got to work together, we won't reach anywhere by fighting. None of us asked Mark to come here to open up these worlds. Mark didn't even ask for it. The least we gotta do, is try and hunt down this creature. We've fought worse."

Sora nodded. "Roxas is right. We gotta do what's right."

Hayner sighed. "Fine. But... which games are we gonna go into first?"

Sora looked around. The door that caught his eyes, was pixelated.

"That one. Mark said that one's called Minecraft."

Chapter 2: The Blocky World

Notes:

Steve's personality in this, will have the personality of Blue Monkey animation's Steve.

Chapter Text

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Minecraft? What is that? Some kind of mining game?" Hayner asked folding his arms. Sora shrugged. "Mark said it was some kind of creative building game of some sort" He said as he opened the door. "Woah-" Roxas said as he saw inside the door. "There's blocks everywhere..."

"Wait a second-" Hayner said looking behind him back at the doorway, that leads back to the hallway. "The sign was lit up, when the other don't"

"I think they light up when you head in their for the first time" Sora said. "Did Mark come in here before us?" Roxas asked. "Actually Mark and I just took a quick peek in here last time"

"You guy's go everywhere don't you" Hayner said. Sora annoyingly looked back at Hayner, and Hayner smirked.

Roxas was standing over by the small house that Mark had made. "Where in the heck are we gonna find that gem?" He said. Hayner and Sora just realized that Roxas had walked past them, and had gone into the game. "Geez, why you went in before me" Hayner said. "Because I can" Roxas said.

"I don't know. Like, is it big, or small?" Sora said. "Why don't we try this house that seems to be made out of blocks? As to which, everything seems to be blocks. I guess it really is a creative game"

"Yeah, a game for kids" Hayner said. "Oh, shut up Hayner." Sora said. "It's a creative game, creative is for everyone, but what would you know. You're not creative."

Roxas softly chuckled. "Well, he isn't wrong" He said to Hayner. Hayner groaned. "Let's just find that gem, whatever it is"

Roxas chuckled as he opened the door to the building. Inside, was a block that had an opening, and it looked like a furnace, over by a small window. And a brick fire place. And a carpet.

"Woah? Mark made this? This is so cozy!" Sora said. "Yeah it is! It looks nice" Roxas said. "Eh, not as cozy as the usual spot" Hayner said, as he looked around the block house. They looked around for the gem, but didn't see it. "It's going to take forever to find this gem. How big is this game world? This is only a house." Hayner said. "I'm gonna have to agree to Hayner on this one Sora. What should we do?"

Sora shrugged. "I don't know I-"

Ruff!

"Hm? What was that? You guys said something?" Sora asked. "Nope. But I heard it" Roxas said. Hayner nodded in agreement. "It sounded like a dog."

Ruff!

"Yeah, that's definitely a dog" Roxas said.

And it was. Near by the furnace, there was a small blocky dog, what had a red collar on.

"Awww! He's so cute!" Sora said. The dog turned and looked at Sora.

Ruff!

But when the dog turned around, a word popped up above it. And it said "Sora"

"Uh, why is my name above the dog?" Sora asked. "Uh? Um guessing it's his name? Mark gave him the name probably."

Hayner started to laugh. "Mark is such a simp" He said. Sora sighed. "Shut up Hayner."

"Wait, how is it saying it's name like that?" Roxas asked. Sora looked at Roxas confused. "Huh? What do you mean?"

"Remember how all of these are dimensions right? Olette said there is game dimensions that opens when there is something fictional created, and it creates a whole dimension, that is real."

Sora and Hayner where still confused. "What are you getting Rox?" Hayner asked. Roxas sighed. "I mean, this dimension is literally acting like we jumped into a game, the name of the dog pops up above his head, in an unrealistic way"

Now Sora and Hayner understood what Roxas meant. And now that they thought of it, that really didn't make any sense. "Maybe, that's just how this dimension works? Remember there can be very, very strange worlds." Sora said. Roxas had to agree. "Yeah, that's true."

There was a sound coming from outside the house. It sounded like stepping sounds, from walking in grass.

"Uh, was that someone outside?" Sora asked. Hayner looked towards one of the windows, and saw something go past. "Someone's outside! Maybe they can help find the gem!" Before anyone else could put their two cents into the conversation, Hayner was already out of the house.

"Hayner wait!" Roxas yelled to his friend, and went out after him. "Guys!" Sora said when everyone left him.

Sora sighed, and walked out.

Both, Sora and Roxas, saw Hayner standing on the outside of the house, near by the window, where Hayner saw something walk by. Hayner was standing still, staring at something. "Hayner what are you looking-" Roxas stopped talking, because he saw what Hayner was looking at. And so did Sora, who just came up behind them. "Guy's, what is it- what the heck?"

There was someone turned away from them, facing a tree. A blocky tree. They where trying to chop it down, with what seemed to be a axe made of tiny cubes stuck together. But the person they saw, was made of blocks. A rectangular block for a body, two rectangular blocks for arms, and two more for legs, and a square block for a head.

"What in Kingdom Hearts-" Roxas said.

There was a loud snap sound, and the axe what the block person was using, snapped. "Oh come on!" They yelled. "Stupid wooden axe. Now I have to get another one." He turned around. "I told Alex to get me the iron-"

He stopped when he saw the Kingdom Hearts characters.

Although, Sora and the rest has magic that changes their appearance when they go to new worlds, they didn't have any magic for the game worlds.

So when this block person saw Sora and the rest, he seemed like he was freaking out. "What the heck?!.... who are you? And why do you look like that?" They asked. "Um... I...-" Sora didn't know what to say, and neither did Roxas and Hayner.

The guys eyes was even blocks. Even his mouth when he was talking.

"Hm.... I never seen anybody.... with those body proportions before-" The block guy said. "..we.. can say the same about you?" Hayner said. "Hm. Fair point." The blocky guy said. Then he gasped. "Are you guys from... like another dimension? I go to different dimensions all the time! Sometimes the Nether, or the Anther, which... literally showed up out of nowhere, but! I... never seen anything that looks like... this!"

The block guy, looked at Sora, who had his keyblade out. Sora didn't know. "Oh! Well-" Sora got cut off, when the guy was looking at the key chain, on the keybalde.

"What is...THIS?!" The block guy asked, looking at the circle. "This guy never seen a circle before-" Hayner whispered to Roxas. "Look around man, there's just blocks as far as the eye can see" Roxas whispered back.

 

Chapter 3: The Legend Of The Floating Island of The Void

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

"Hm... Cir-cle? Never heard of it!" The block guy said. "Uh... who are you?" Roxas asked. "The name's Steve!" He said.

"Well, Steve, can you tell us where we are?"

"You're in Craftview! Well, that's what the sign says where I live" Steve said. "Craft view?" Sora asked. Steve nodded. "Uh huh! I can take you their if you'd like! I'm sure Alex wouldn't mind."

"Alex? Who's Alex?" Hayner asked.

"Just a friend of mine"

Sora, Roxas and Hayner, walked with Steve, trough what seemed to be a small forest. All of the trees where made of blocks. "This game is very... strange" Hayner said. "Yeah, it is" Roxas said.

They continued to walk, until they ended up at a path. One path lead to a house that looked like it was built in a mountain side, and one to a small town. "Wow... that house is in a mountain?" Roxas asked. "Oh yeah! I actually don't know who even lives there" Steve said. "You don't know who lives there?" Hayner asked. "Nope. Never seen anyone go in, or come out." Steve said. "Hey, Sora, what do you think off- Sora?"

Sora was up to the mountain home. "Sora, what are you doing?" Hayner called out. Sora looked behind him. "Guy's, look at this-"

Hayner sighed, and walked up to him. "What is it Sora?"

Sora pointed to a small sign that was next to the door. The sign read: Mark's home

"Oh, this must belong to Mark or something" Roxas said. "He owns two houses? Dude must be rich." Hayner said. "I'm sorry, who now?" Steve asked.

It was really strange, how Steve is is from the game dimension of this game they where in, but for some reason, the player would was still there. "Um, it's nothing."

"Is it this Mark guy that owns this house?" Steve asked looking up at the mountain. Sora shrugged. Sora didn't want to mess up any dimension stuff by saying something what probably should be left un said. "Well, ok then!" Steve said, and turned around. "Alex's place is just over here!" He said walking into the town.

"Come on guys, let's fallow him" Roxas said. "Rox, but what if the gem is inside the mountain home?"

Hayner nodded. "Didn't expect I'd agree with Sora on anything, but he's right."

"Oh. Thanks a lot Hayner!" Sora snapped. Roxas sighed. "For now, lets just fallow this Steve guy. At least we know where the mountain home is, so we can come back to it later" Roxas said. Sora and Hayner nodded. "Yeah, that seems like a plan." Sora said.

 

They had followed Steve into the town, that had what seemed to be a train station at the end of the stone road, a few buildings on either side, and a restaurant. "Wow!" Sora said. "Did Mark build all of this?"

"Mark?" Steve said. "You said that not too long ago"

All of the Kingdom Hearts characters stopped. "Can you just learn to shut up Sora!" Hayner whispered an angry whisper at Sora.

"Is, he like some founder of this town or something?" Steve asked.

"Y-yeah!" Roxas piped up. "He's the founder."

"Hm..." Steve said. "Well I never knew about any founder. Come on, just down this road is where where me and Alex stay at.

They both took a turn down a path that lead to a huge tall wooden building that was probably around 5 floors high. Sora was impressed.

'Mark really did all of this by himself?' He thought to himself. Steve opened the main doors, and walked trough, and held it open for the Kingdom Hearts characters. "We stay at the second floor"  Steve said.

They walked up the steps to the second floor, and Steve walked up to a door, and knocked on it. "Who is it?" Someone asked. "Alex! It's me, Stev-" Then there was a loud crash coming inside the room. Sounded like a pans dropping. "Oh crap!" They heard the person say inside.

"Alex! Are you alright!?"

"Yes I'm fine!"

The door opened, reveling another block person. She had a green shirt, and had ginger hair. "Don't worry Steve, I just dropped all buckets- WHAT THE NETHER IS THAT?!" Alex screamed as she saw Sora.

"Hey!" Sora snapped. "I'm not a that! I'm a person!" Sora said. Alex looked over at Steve, who shrugged. "They say they're from another dimension! Like that sky one that showed up out of nowhere."

"What? B-but.. why do they look.... weird?"

"Hey, to us you look weird too" Hayner said. "Hey, what's that supposed to mean?!" Alex yelled. Roxas sighed. "Guy's, guys! Why are we fighting and we don't know each other?" He said. "Hey, she started it" Sora said.

"If you guys are from another dimension, why are you here? Are you looking for something?" Alex asked. Roxas nodded. "Yes, we actually are."

"Is it type of block? A type of ore? A gem?" She asked.

Sora nodded. "Yes! We are looking for a gem!"

"Well, there's a few gems here" Steve said. "We have emeralds. If that's what you're looking for. I have a chest full of em'."

"No, no, I mean... like a gem. A gem that represents your world." Sora said. "A gem that represents our world? I... don't think I've seen anything like that." Alex said. Sora sighed. "You guy's can come in. Sorry the place is a bit messy. Steve was supposed to help me clean and he didn't."

"Hey! It's not my fault I was busy! You gave me a wooden axe and expected me to chop down 20 trees."

Sora and the rest fallowed them in the apartment. "We need to find that gem guys. No matter how hard it is" Roxas said. Hayner and Sora nodded. "I know" Hayner said. "We need to see how far we can travel around here. It could be in this city called 'Craftview'" Sora said.

"I've made some cake. You... three eat cake right?" Alex asked. "Oh! Yes! I love cake!" Sora exclaimed.

Alex smiled softly, and brought a square cake to the table, that was on the far side of the apartment. Sora happy went over to it.

"Oh, Steve-" Alex said. "Yeah?" Steve asked. He was inside of a room. "Did you even went to the mine yesterday, like I asked?"

"Yeah I did. There was strange sounds coming from it as you said."

Sora was stuffing his face with some cake. "Strange sounds?" He said with his voice muffled. Alex nodded. "Yes. We've been hearing these strange sounds. And every time we hear them, we feel the ground shake."

"The ground shakes?" Roxas asked. Steve nods. "There is a legend, called, "The Legend of The Floating Island of The Void" .deep below the ground, is a vast emptiness, of nothing. Nothing but one single floating island. The island is home to a giant dangerous dragon. Me and Alex have a theory that the thumping sounds, aren't overworldquakes, but the dragon hitting the bedrock to try and break through."

"Wow, that's some theory" Roxas said. "How do you know that... this "void" exists?" Roxas asked. "It's in old history books. There used to be a old portal rim that could of reached there, but just like many legends, it was lost to time. The portal was never found. Sometimes I think that abandon mine leads to it, but the mines deemed unsafe from falling gravel, and no one has used it for years." Steve said. "Maybe we can help" Sora said.

Notes:

Sorry I am taking so long to update. Just been going trough a lot. But trust me, I'm not planning to abandon anything all together.

Chapter 4: Infected

Chapter Text

 

 

 

"Help us?" Steve asked. "Of course!" Sora said smiling. "We wouldn't mind looking around this world anyways"

Steve looked over at Alex, then back at Sora and nodded. "Ok" He said smiling. "We should head out now"

Steve got a pixel looking sword, and walked over to the door. Hayner looked at Sora, and pulled him aside. "Are you sure we should help them?" He asked, his voice going into a whisper. Sora nodded. "I always love to help people in other worlds. It's the least I can do for him maybe leading is to the gem"

"How do you even know the gem will be there?"

"It has to be"

Steve was at the door, waiting with Alex. "You guy's coming?"

"Coming!" Sora said.

***

All three of them, walked outside of the apartment building. Steve was looking at a map. "The Legend says, that the portal gate way to the void, is in deep in the mineshaft not to far from here." He said. "Then.... why you guys haven't been there yet?" Hayner asked. Roxas nodded. "Yeah."

"The Mineshaft is closed. It's infested with Creepers." Alex said. "Creepers?" Sora asked. "What are those?" Roxas asked. "Creepers are green no-armed creatures, that blow up when you get to close."

"That sounds dangerous-" Hayner said. "One blast of my magic will shock them." Sora said. "We just have to be careful. And its.. kinda agent the law to get in the Mineshaft, but, me and Alex have been really wanting to find that portal rim"

They walked trough the town, and passed by a railroad crossing. The crossing then lead over to a small mineshaft entrance. It was small opening in the side of a mountain that went deep into the ground. And there was a sign that read: "Danger! Do not enter"

Steve took a deep breath. "You guy's ready?"

"Ready-" Sora said summoning his Keyblade. Roxas summoned his two Keyblades. Hayner seemed worried. "Should... I stay back here?"

"Come with us, we'll protect you" Roxas said. "Why did Yen Sid sent me with you if I can't use any weapons-" Hayner said, as they walked down the steps into the shift. The steps went really far into the ground. And there was old time torches and lamps hanging off of the walls and ceilings. "This... place looks creepy.." Sora said. "Ha, what are you scared?" Hayner asked smirking.

There was a loud sound, that sounded ghostly. Like a whistle of a ghost train.

"AHH! WHAT WAS THAT?!" Hayner yelled. Sora looked at him. "Ahem?"

Hayner's face went red, as he walked faster ahead of them. "Seriously, what was that?" Roxas asked. "There's a cave near by. Those sounds echo in caves. We don't know why, or what they mean."

They reached the bottom of the steps. And just in front of them, was a long dark hallway. There was long armless, green stuff all along the dark hallway. "Are those the Creepers?" Hayner asked.

"I got this-" Sora said, and aimed his Keyblade in the air.

"Thundaga!"

 

(End Music)

 

 

A loud clap of lightning stuck down on the Creepers. "Woah!" Steve and Alex both exclaimed.

But there was a problem. A big problem.

The Creepers where glowing. They had a electric glow to them now, and where kind of brighting up the hallway.

"Oh crap, they turned into Charged Creepers!" Steve yelled. "Uh, I-Is that bad?" Sora asked, nervous. "There more stronger now!"

Roxas aimed his Keyblades at them. "FIRA!" He yelled, a fire blast, blasted at the Creepers. It hit one of them, and caused them to disappear in a puff of pixel smoke. Steve stood took out something, as if he had it in his pocket. It was a bow. He aimed it at one of the Creepers, and shot it.

The Creepers got knocked back, but it wasn't enough to end it.

"We should of brought Mittens." Alex said, and she was holding onto her sword tightly.

"Let me try something-" Sora said, as he aimed his Keyblade in the air. "WIND!" Sora yelled.

A huge gush of air, circulated around the Creepers. A small whirlwind appeared, engulfing the remaining Creepers. Then, it stopped, shooting all of the Creepers into the wall.

"Woah, that was amazing!" Steve exclaimed.

But the fight wasn't over yet.

More creatures came of the darkness of the shaft hallway. "What the... are those Skeletons?" Roxas asked. "Yes, they can shoot arrows, be careful!" Steve said. And he was right. The skeletons where carrying bows. And one of the bows, was glowing purple. "It has a enchanted bow-" Alex said.

They where about to shoot.

"DEFENSE!" Roxas yelled, as he held out his Keyblades. A giant forcefield appeared around the friends. Roxas's Keyblades glowed, then the Shield around them, folded up, causing a giant shock wave to blow the enemies away.

"Nice going Rox!" Hayner said. "That was close" Sora said. Sora could see Steve was looking surprised. "Wow... I need me one of those" Steve said looking at the Keyblade smiling. "Maybe you code yourself one with a command block" Alex said, as they continued on their journey trough the shaft. Steve nodded. "Yeah, so many things you can do with those blocks."

 

"Command block?" Sora asked. "It's this device that powers certain stuff. But... only me and Alex knows about them. We thought it could also be used as a way to get to the void, but we still haven't found any way it can actually do that" Steve said. "A device that can power things and make things appear? That's interesting." Sora said. "Sounds high tech" Roxas said.

"High tech indeed"

They all stopped. "Uh? Who said that?" Steve said, looking at Sora, Roxas and Hayner and his friend Alex. They all shrugged. Sora looked down the darkness of the hallway, and saw something faintly glowing. "Hey, what's that?" Sora asked.

"Oh, could it be the portal?" Steve asked. "Really Steve?" Alex said. "I know that fight would be impossible, but I don't think the portal would be just there-"

"She's right. But... still what is that light?" Roxas asked.

The light, was coming closer.

Something, emerged from the darkness, covered in darkness. It was in the shape of a human, possibly from Sora's world. It didn't look like something that was from this game world. The light, what they saw, was this giant glowing letter "D" that was on it's chest.

"What?!" Sora gasped. "It's you!?" Sora quickly resummoned his Keyblade, and stared at the dark figure. "You're the guy who took Mark away! We both took you down! How are you here?!" Sora yelled. The dark figure just stood there, staring at them.

"That's the thing Seifer described!" Roxas yelled. "Remember when we found him lying on the ground?"

Steve and Alex, where both scared. "This... is something that's way beyond or world isn't?" Steve asked. "I can't fight that-" He said.

The dark figure evilly smirked at Steve. "Oh... they're not gonna fight me" It said. And aimed his arm at Steve. "They're gonna fight you!"

There was a dark aura circling around the dark figure, and then a gush of darkness slammed into Steve. "STEVE!" Alex gasped. Steve fell onto the floor unconscious. "Come on Steve! Wake up!" She shook him. "Come on! Respawn already!"

But Steve wasn't waking up. "What did you do to him?!" She yelled, as she went into a fighting pose. Sora and the rest, did the same.

The dark figure smirked, then vanished.

"No!" Alex yelled. "What the hell happened!?" Roxas yelled. "This guys a coward!" Sora yelled.

 

What they didn't know, was that something was happening to Steve. Steve started to hover, with darkness all around him. Roxas turned around, and saw. "What the?!"

"Steve?!" Alex exclaimed, surprised. But Steve still looked unconscious. Alex walked up to him, as Steve was hovering. "Alex wait!" Roxas yelled.

Steve opened his eyes-

And they where a glowing bright white. "What the-" Alex said. Steve glitches, and the surrounding blocks started to glitched with code, and bad textures.

"No..no...no... that's supposed to be a myth-" Alex said. "What?! What's supposed to be a myth! We gotta save hi-"

"GUYS RUN!" Alex yelled.

Before anyone could of moved one leg, Steve slammed his fists into the ground, and the entire blocky area, exploded, with blocks flying everywhere, sending everyone flying.

"No..no...no... that's supposed to be a myth-" Alex said. "What?! What's supposed to be a myth! We gotta save hi-"

"GUYS RUN!" Alex yelled.

Before anyone could of moved one leg, Steve slammed his fists into the ground, and the entire blocky area, exploded, with blocks flying everywhere, sending everyone flying.

 

 

Chapter 5: The Legend Of Minecraft

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

Sora's ears where ringing. He was lying down on the ground, and his head was throbbing. He placed his hand on his head, rubbing it. He looked up, and saw that the whole area of the cave was blow up. There was light coming in, there was a giant hole in the top, meaning that the explosion caused the cave to be exposed to the ground above them.

Then, Sora remembered his friends. He quickly got up, scanning the room. "Roxas?! Hayner?! Steve?! Where are you??" He asked looking around. He didn't see anyone. Now Sora was in a panic. "Guy's where are you?!"

He looked around, frantically. Then, he saw Steve. But, Steve looked a little different. "Steve? Is... that you?"

Steve was standing in front of Sora, near by the entrance of the hallway they came out of. Now that entrance was completely blown up, and out of reach. Sora would have to climb the broken blocks to reach it, to get out, or to press on more into the mineshaft. Sora walked closer to Steve, but saw that Steve had his head down. "Steve?"



When he got closer, Steve looked up, reveling that his eyes, where a bright white, with some kind of darkness emitting off of him. Sora gasped, and stepped back. It all came back to him, what happened not to long ago. Well, he thinks it didn't happen not to long ago. He doesn't know how long he was out. Steve evilly smirked at Sora. "I'm not.... Steve... I'm.... Herobrine...." He said.

"W-what? H-Herobrine?" Sora summoned his keyblade. "Come on- snap out of it Steve.."

Herobrine didn't like that Sora kept calling him that. "For the last time- My name isn't the name of that wretched builder!" Herobrine said as he hovered. Sora backed up when he saw Herobrine was controlling the blocks around him.

Sora wanted to go into a form, but he can't go into most of is form without the help of his friends. Only, his Limit Form.

So, that's what he went with.

Herobrine chucked a block at Sora.

"LIGHT" Sora yelled as his transformed into his Limit Form. The block got reflected off of him, and slammed right back into Herobrine. "Ow!" Herobrine yelled. It was pretty clear he wasn't expecting that at all. Sora clenched his keyblade. "I don't know what you did with Steve- I don't even know if you are him or not... but you're going down-"

Herobrine chuckled, evilly. "You think you can defeat me?" He laughed. "I took out the entire race of ancient builders, and you really think you as a scrawny kid with a giant key, can even scratch me?"

Sora didn't know what to do. This Herobrine guy, seemed extremely tough. But, Sora knows a thing or two, about darkness. It was pretty clear whatever this was, was being controlled by something. And Sora knows what it might be.

Sora leaped at Herobrine, and slammed his keybalde into him. He got sent back a little, but not to far. Herobrine was about to turn around, to grab Sora's keyblade from him, but Sora did one of his Limit Form's powers, and slammed his keyblade into Herobrine, then a bunch of beams shot out of the tip of the keyblade, and all drove into Herobrine's body. "AHH!" They screamed and fell onto the ground. "And stay down!" Sora yelled as he threw his keyblade at his opponent. They keyblade flew trough the air, spinning, then it slammed into Herobrine, bounced around, then slammed into him again, and flew right back to Sora's hand.

But the fight wasn't over yet.

Herobrine stuck his arms out, and Sora felt like he couldn't breath.

"I should of done this a long time ago-"

Herobrine was hovering in the air, but then his body just fell, and dropped to the ground lifeless, reveling the Dark Figure.

Steve was being controlled by the Dark Figure.

"To bad you won't be able to see your precious Mark, ever again-" The Dark Figure said as he continued to choke Sora. Sora managed to re summon his keyblade. "Thunder!" He yelled.

A stoke of lighting slammed down on top of the Dark Figure making him lose his balance, resulting in him to let go of his grasp of Sora.

Sora dropped to the ground, perfectly landing. He clenched his keyblade, and ran towards the Dark Figure, practically hovering as he ran.

The Dark Figure had his hand to his head, then saw Sora hovering towards him. The Dark Figure had no time to react, and Sora rammed his keyblade into the Dark Figure's chest really hard. The large force of the impact of the keyblade, caused the Dark Figure to go flying across the blow-up cave, slamming him into the wall, causing the blocks to break badly.

The amount of anger what Sora had, caused it to transfer into his strength. But he quickly calmed himself down, because he didn't want to cause any damage that could end up hurting himself.

The impact of the keyblade, literally made the darkness on the Dark Figure shift. It caused the darkness to go in and out, reveling a face what Sora had never seen before. But the darkness quickly came back, covering it's face.

"You..." It started. "This can't be... why am I infecting damage from the keyblade-"

The Dark Figure looked towards Sora. He then exhaustedly, chuckled. "We'll meet again-"

He then disappeared.

(End Music)

Sora was clenching the keyblade. He really wanted to make sure, it was really gone.

Then, he heard a voice. Steve.

"Steve? Is that you?"

"Ow... my head...." They said as they sat up. "What happened-"

"You...where controlled it seems like-" Sora said as he walked over to him, to help him stand up. "Controlled? By who? By what?"

"But this thing we call The Dark Figure. You're alright now-" Sora said. "Oh gosh... I hope I didn't harm you-"

"No you didn't...I might of accidentally harmed you though-" Sora said as Steve was holding his arm. "Nah, it's ok. Next time I get controlled, I don't care rip my head off." Steve said rubbing his arm. "Where is everybody?" Steve asked.

Sora shrugged. "I don't know- but we need to find them... and we need to find that gem now, more than ever."

***

Both Steve and Sora walked down the mineshaft. They both started to look for their friends, but saw no one. Not a single person. "Man... I hope Alex is ok... It would hurt me to know something bad would happen to her."

"I guess you guys are close?" Sora asked. Steve nodded. "Really close. She's my best friend. My only friend... we're the last of out kind... the Master Builders."

"Master Builders?" Sora asked. Steve nodded. "Yes. All of these structures, where built once before, by people like us. But something happened, and they all vanished" Steve said. Sora was intrigued. "Vanished? Do you know why?"

Steve shook his head. "No one knows. There's lost of speculations, but no one truly knows. All I know... is that the portal that's locked in the stronghold that's supposed to be in this mineshaft, will be the answer."

"Why do you think that?"

"Because I can feel it. I haven't told Alex, but I have a theory of my own... I think one of our enemies, the Enderman, are evolved Master Builders. I think they where driven away from their home, and had to flee, and ended up in the End Dimension, and couldn't return"

"Couldn't return? B-But what if that happens to us?"

Steve shook his head. "Nah, it shouldn't. I have this. Sadly, I can't use it to get to the end. I used it with the Nether, could not go in, but I could leave with ease-"

Steve took a block out. It has a bunch of dials and lights on it. "I call it a command block. Alex doesn't know about it. But once I figure more about how to use it, our troubles will be over. This baby probably is the key to everything!"

Sora looked at the technical block. It seemed interesting. "Are we equipped for that thing you said is in the end?" Sora asked. "The Dragon of the end? Of course! Legend says, the dragon is immune to enchants.... but maybe with your help with that weapon of yours, we'll be able to kill it." Steve said. Sora nodded. "Yeah, hopefully. Man... are you sure we'll be able to find that.. portal?" Sora asked. Steve nodded. "Of course we will! It has to be here. Just... it could literally be anywhere. Could even be more far down into the ground for all we know"

"Then, why don't we dig straight down?"

"What?! Are you insane?? That's the last thing anyone should do! That's dangerous!" Steve yelled.

Just then, they heard voices.

"Hey, that sounds like Roxas-" Sora said. "And Hayner-"

Steve nodded. "And I hear Alex, come on! They must be near!" Steve said running, with Sora right behind him.

 

Notes:

If any of you have Minecraft (On PC) The world Steve are in, is a map that I've made in the game! I'm still working on the mineshaft, but if you all want, let me know if you want the link to be able to play on my map! :)

Chapter 6: Mobs

Chapter Text

Roxas, Hayner and Alex, where in a new place than where they were. "Sora! Where are you?!" Roxas yelled out. "Steve, are you there?!" Alex yelled. Even Hayner was getting worried. "Where are they?!" He said.

They where now in a place, that seemed like a library. "Where is this?" Roxas said. Alex looked around, at the bookshelves. "It's some kind of library-" Alex said. "Where's the way out? Ugh, Olette would never want to leave-" Hayner groaned. Roxas rolled his eyes at Hayner.

Alex looked around. She then noticed that a small little entrance, had stone blocking it. "Guys... look-" She said. Roxas and Hayner walked over to her. "Oh no-" Roxas said as he saw the stone blocks blocking the way out. "Are you saying where trapped here?!" Hayner yelled.

Then, large panel popped up in front of Alex, and Alex put her blocky hand up to part on the panel.

"What the heck-" Hayner said quietly, but Roxas heard. Roxas just shrugged.

In the panel, where small boxes, and each had an item inside. There was something that looked like a pickaxe. Alex then put her hand up to it, and took it out of the square, and then appeared a pixelated pickaxe. "This iron pickaxe should do the trick-" Alex said. She walked up to the blocks, raised up the pickaxe, and started to repeatedly hit the stone blocks with it. Roxas and Hayner just stared in amazement, as the stone started to crack. Then, a block broke, and it turned small, and it got teleported into the small panel what Alex took the pickaxe from. Hayner shook his head at what he just saw. "What is this game?" Hayner whispered to Roxas. "I don't know, but it's really amazing-" Roxas whispered back.

Alex continued to break the blocks, until she opened up the way.

Alex sighed in relief, and smiled, and looked back at Hayner and Roxas. "The entrance is opened-"

Alex got cut off, by a loud groaning sound, as two block creatures started to walk, limping while they moved, coming into the library. "What the?! Are those zombies?!" Hayner said suprised.

Roxas quickly summoned his Oblivion and Othkeeper. "Gather!" He yelled, as the zombies started to get clumped together by his keyblades' magic. The started to spin around in the air, then they got sent flying into the wall, and got destroyed.

Alex looked back at them, staring in astonishment. "That wepon of yours, is better than a diamond sword and netherite sword combined-" She said. "Diamond sword?" Hayner asked tilting his head

"Netherite?" Roxas asked. "What is that? Some really powerful wepon?"

Alex nodded. "Me and Steve has been wanting to go to the Nether to find it, but it's really hard to find it, since it's below lava"

Roxas looked confused. Alex sighed. "Is this dimension here, that's filled with lava, and scary monsters-"

"Oh... ok..." Roxas said. He looked back at Hayner. "This place is weird-" Hayner said.

 

They both stepped out of the library, and entered into a large room with a water fountain. It was really dark, so Alex took out a torch- in the same thing she took out the pickaxe. "I really hope Sora is ok-" Roxas said. "I hope the same with Steve-" Alex said.

 

****

Steve and Sora, where doing ok, but even second they had to fight off some many creatures. "Ugh, why is this place so mob infested?!" Steve yelled, as he slapped a zombie with his iron sword. Sora was fighting a few of the Creepers, but he has to keep distance, to prevent them from blowing up in his face, so he used a few of his magic, firaga. He had learned his lesson not to use Thunderaga from what happened last time.

One of the creatures tried to jump on Steve, and Sora trew his keyblade at it, and it bounced back at got defeated.

Steve looked over at Sora. "H-How did you do that? Let me try-" Steve threw his sword at a zombie, but he missed as the sword just slammed onto the floor, and the zombie just stood there looking at it. Then it looked back at Steve.

"Welp, that's a problem." Steve said. Sorw chuckled. "You have another one right?"

"Yes, just hold them off!"

Steve did the same thing as Alex, and opened up the panel. He quickly got out some thing what looked like wooden planks. "You're holding them off?" Steve asked. Sora continued to use his magic, and kept on drinking some Ether. "Yes! I am!"

Steve quickly crafted something what looked like a work table. He sat it down, then took out a diamond shaped object. He took out two, then one stick

He placed them down on the table, two diamonds onthe bottom, then one stick at the bottom, then a blue sword appeared on the table. Steve quickly took it up, to join Sora back in the battle.

"Woah, how did you do that?" Sora asked. He was focusing on his fighting, but he was also looking at what Steve was doing, and was astonished at how the sword was forged.

They both continued to fight, until Sora had an idea.

"Here- try this!"

"Huh? Try what?" Steve asked confused as he saw Sora put his keyblade up to his sword.

"Follow my movements!"

Steve gasped as he felt like he was also controlling Sora's keyblade. Both Sora's and Steve's sword combined. They both started to swing the combined DiamondSword-Keyblade at the dangerous mobs, and the mobs started to drop one by one, as the Diamond Sword's powers, was carrying over to the keyblade, Knockback II and Fire Aspect II and Sharpness V

Sora was learning the new powers, and Fire Aspect combined with Firaga, and turned into Firaga Aspect, and a huge blast of fire and fire balls ejected out of the Sword and the Keyblade and murdered every single mob in the cave they where in.

The keyblade and the sword broke off from each other as the threat was gone. Sora panted. "W-we did it-"

Steve looked at his sword, with a shocked expression. "What... what... in... what happened?!how did we do that? I never felt so powerful holding a sword before!"

Sora smiled. "At least we got trough-"

 

"Sora!"

"Steve!"

Sora and Steve looked up, to see Roxas, Hayner and Alex running towards them. Roxas grabbed Sora and hugged him. "I'm so glad you're ok!" Sora giggled and smiled and hugged his friend. Alex hugged onto Steve. "Steve, are you alright?! We saw your turn into... into... that legend!" Alex said. Steve sofly smiled. "I'm alright Alex. Sora helped."

"It was that thing!" Sora said. "That dark figure!"

"Figured it was. What is that thing?" Roxas asked. "I don't know, but Mark sure wasn't lying. That thing tried to hurt my poor baby-"

"Baby... you have a baby? Aren't... you a little young to have a chil-" Steve got punched in the arm by Alex. "No you idiot, he obviously means a loved one-"

"....oh" Steve said.

"What is it from? It obviously doesn't look like it's from this gam- I mean, place-" Hayner said. "Tell me about it-" Steve said. Sora shrugged. "I don't know, but we'll take him down one way or another. It seems to be weak to my keyblade." Sora said.

Chapter 7: Portals

Chapter Text

The cave was dark. The mineshaft was getting more and more broken up the more they walked. Steve and Alex knew that the mineshaft was also mixed with another area. "This is the stronghold. The... portal is here, as so the legend says." Alex said looking at her surroundings. "Ugh...  but we've been walking for a long time! And there hasn't been anything but a whole bunch of freaking mobs!" Steve said slouching as he was walking. "I'll have to agree with Steve. It has been a long time" Roxas responded. "What does this portal even look like?" Sora asked.

"We don't know" Alex said. "But, we'll know when we see it."

As they walked trough the darken hallways of the strong hold, they passed by many locked cells. "What do you suppose these are for?" Hayner asked. Steve looked at them. "I don't know... they look like cells. But... there's nothing in there." He said. All of the cells along the hallway, had tough iron doors. They where all locked, and no one could get in. But there was nothing of value inside, so Steve or Alex didn't try to break the blocks down. "This place.... seems scary-" Sora said. "You'll be alright Sora, I'll here."

"No, I'm not really scared at all, but, it's still freaky."

"Yeah, a lot of bad stories of this place" Alex said. "Huh? Bad stories?"

"Yes." Steve said nodding. "This strong hold, that supposedly has the gateway to the End, the floating island beneath our overworld, escape for the old ancient builders."

"Oh, right. You said something like that" Sora said. "I wonder if they're still in the End-" Alex said.

They where walking some more, until they came by another set of a hallway.

"Hey, guys... what's that?"

"Huh? What?" Sora asked. Steve pointed down it, down to a light that was at the end. Alex and the rest stopped, and walked back to them. She looked down the hallway. "It's probably just another Library. I think there's supposed to be more than one inside of the stronghold" She was about to walk off. "Hey, let's still walk down there, it doesn't hurt to look right?" Sora asked. Steve nodded. "He's right, lets go"

They both started to walk down the second set of the hallway, until they came into a room, that had a small stair case. It let up to something what looked like a rim, and right below it, was a pool of lava. "Be careful, all of you" Steve said. "Let's not get melted.

Sora looked up at the rim. "I-Is... that it? Did we find it?" He asked looking over at Steve. Steve walked up the small stair case, up to the top. He gasped as he saw it was a rim, with holders in them. Three of them had something inside. "....Holy Mother of....w-we... we actually found the portal?!"

"We did?!" Alex exclaimed. "But, you guys stay down there! Don't run up here, I don't want anyone accidentally falling into the lava" Steve said. "But, it isn't lit. There's holders in the portal rim. Only 3 squares have something in them. And I know what they are-" Steve walked back down the steps.

"Holders?" Roxas asked. "What do they need? It's really not lit?"

Steve shook his head. "No Roxas, it's not. They need this thing called the Eye of Ender-"

"WHAT?!" Alex exclaimed. "The Eye of Ender?! But... that can only be crafted! No one sells those. We'd need to go to the Nether to get the Blaze Rods-"

Steve nodded. "And that we have to do-"

Sora was confused. He wished he played some more games with Mark when he was with him. 'Darn, I probably would be one step ahead of everyone-' He thought to himself.

"The Nether?" Roxas asked. "It's this dimension, that's below our overworld. Below the void. It's this world that's this giant red cave, filled with monstrosities. Filled with lava, and heat, only the strongest, and bravest people can gone in there."

"Well, I'll go!" Sora exclaimed.

"I'll... stay here" Hayner said.

Sora looked over at Hayner. Sora was concerned. "Why did Yen Sid send him with us? He has no weapons he can just get hurt-' But, people usually never question Master Yen Sid, so he decided to go with it. 'Guess the best to do, is have him stay here'

"Yeah, I think you should stay here while we go" Sora said.

"While we go? We don't even know where this... Nether place is-" Roxas said.

"Oh, I have it... right in my inventory!" Steve said as he opened the panel, then he took out a couple of black blocks, and something what looked sharp, called 'Flint and Steel'

"Obsidian?" Roxas asked. Steve nodded as he walked over to a part of the room that contained the End Portal frame, and started to build a giant frame of the Obsidian. "Woah-" Sora said as the frame was done. He looked at Steve, and saw he was about to light a flame inside the frame, with the Flint and Steel.

Grooaaannnn

Sora gasped. "Guys! It's the zombies!" Sora quickly summoned his Keyblade. "You know what, on second thought, I'm coming with you guys-" Hayner said staring close to the portal. "Hurry up Steve! Light it!"

Steve lit the portal, then a loud warping sound echoed out of the portal, as a purple vortex shined inside the frame. The zombies where getting closer. There was a hold hoard of them coming inside the room, with a few more of the other mods "Guys, get inside!" Steve yelled as he practically pushed everyone inside the portal, warping everyone to a new place.

 

Chapter 8: The Nether

Chapter Text

Everyone got warped instantly to this new place. They all slammed onto the ground, since Steve pushed them all into the portal frame. "Ugh, really Steve?!" Alex yelled as he was lying on the floor. Steve got up, then quickly helped her up, as Sora was helping Roxas up. "No one helps me up huh?" Hayner said.

 

Roxas rolled his eyes, and walked over to Hayner and pulled him up. Steve looked back at them. "Well, we're here" He said.

Sora looked past Steve. He gasped.

The landscape was hellish.

Red blocks all over. Hot scalding lava rolling down some sides of the walls, spilling down into a giant lava ocean. "W-what is this?!" Sora yelled. "The Nether. The underworld of our dimension"

"Is there a hades here?" Roxas whispered to Sora. Sora could only shrug. Steve turned back around to them. "Ok. So, this is the Nether as I said before. We all have to be careful. There's a lot of danger here"

"Yeah, no shit" Hayner said. Roxas punched his arm. "Ow!"

"What kind of danger? If... it's just the Lava, we should just be careful where we step right?" Sora asked. "There's monsters here. We have to be careful of the Ghasts." Alex said. Roxas tilted his head. "Ghast? What's a Ghas-...." Roxas froze. Sora noticed the Roxas was staring off into the valley of the lava. "Roxas? What are you-"

Sora saw it. A ghost like creature. "Steve what is that?!"

Steve turned around, and once he saw it, and quickly got out his sword. "It's a Ghast!"

The giant ghost like creature, loomed over them, then made screeching sound. They opened their mouth, and I giant fire ball ejected out.

Sora gasped, and summoned his keyblade, and was about to use reflect, but Steve managed to slap the fireball with his sword, and the fireball smacked into the Ghast. The Ghast fell over, and poofed away with partial effects. "Huh?" Steve said. "They never die that quickly-"

"Did something hurt it?" Alex asked.

Sora and the rest where just glad that it went down. "Wow, that sword of yours sure is durable." He said. "Well, it's diamond." Steve said with a smile. Roxas looked behind him, then saw Hayner hugging onto him, burying his face into his neck, shaking.

"Dude... what are you doing?" Roxas asked. Hayner looked up, then blushed a little. Then coughed. "N-nothing!"

Sora laughed. "Someone was a little scared huh?"

Hayner rolled his eyes. "Ugh, so what?! It's not like I have any weapons to defend myself in case of anything." He said. "I agree with you Hayner, but clinging onto to me like a needy boyfriend, isn't gonna save you-" Roxas said. Hayner blushed hard, as he pushed Roxas's arm, and walked forward. Roxas just laughed.

"Hey-" Steve said. "Take this. At least you'll have something-"

Hayner stopped, and turned around. Steve was handing him a bow, and some arrows. "O-oh... thank you-" Hayner said.

"Just don't shoot your own eye out now-" Sora giggled as he walked past Hayner. Hayner looked at him annoyed.

Sora walked over to the edge of the land. There was a giant lava river between them, and another set of land. "What... exactly are we looking for?" Sora asked. "We need to find the Nether Fortress. They are home to the blazes. We need the their rods, to craft with the ender pearls what are back home"

"What... are the blazes exactly?" Hayner asked. "Huge fire spinning entities. They shoot fire, and they're really tough"

Roxas gasped. "That sounds dangerous-"

"Nothing Blizzarga can't handle" Sora said. Steve looked at Sora. "Blizzarga?" He asked.

"This-" Sora aimed his keyblade at the ice. "Blizzard!" He yelled, as an ice ball shot out of his keyblade, then traveled through the air, then slammed onto the lava, freezing it.

Steve stared at the now turned Obsidian, then looked at Sora. "What... are you?" He asked. Sora just chuckled. "A show off" Roxas said.

"Hey! I am not!" Sora yelled.

"So where is this Fortress?" Hayner asked. "We'll have to find it... and.. oh wait! I forgot about something. Alex? Do you have the chest plates?"

Alex tilted her head. "Chest plates?.... oh! Yes I do!" She opened her inventory, and took out 5 golden chest plate armor. All of the Kingdom Hearts characters froze. "Uh... what is that for?"

"We need to ware this here, to prevent the Piglins from attacking us" Steve said. "Piglins?" Hayner asked. "This place never fails to amaze me" Roxas said after.

Steve started with Sora. The chest plates, are built to be able to go over the bodys, of Steve and Alex. Their blocky form. But Sora, Hayner and Roxas aren't blocky, since their magic didn't change them. So, the chest plates where just sitting on them awkwardly. "This... is uncomfortable-" Hayner said.

Steve signed. "I'm sorry, wish we could make it ware it fits you guys. I seriously have no idea what world you guys are from, but it's amazing how you guys don't look blocky."

After they where done, they started to walk more into the Nether. "You got the coordinates of the portal Alex?" Steve asked. "Yep! All here in my inventory."

"Why do we need to even ware these?" Hayner asked. "As I said: To prevent the Piglins from attacking. They don't like intruders into the Nether. But when you ware gold, they take you as a friend of theirs. Rumor has it where they can trade gold. Alex and I have way to much, and we've been also wanting to trade with them"

"Oh..." Hayner said.

They walked more into the Nether, until they came up to a forest. The forest had red trees, and there was red mist in the air. "...This is scary, but beautiful at the same time-" Sora said. Steve nodded. "Yes, it sure is." He said as he continued to walk. Everyone else followed him. Hayner was clinging onto Roxas's arm. He was looking around the forest as they walked. "Why are you clinging to me so much-" Roxas asked. "Because this is fucking terrifying!" Hayner snapped. "Thought you didn't get scared~" Sora teased. Hayner rolled his eyes. "Ugh, I can't help it! We're literally in a place where I can get burned alive!" Hayner snapped. "I know" Roxas said as he patted Hayner's head. "Just don't cling on my arm too much, you're hurting me-"

Hayner and Roxas was both walking together, but then stopped once they both bumped into the back of Steve. "Huh?" Roxas asked, looking at Steve. "What's wrong?"

Roxas looked infront of him, and saw something what looked like pig, walking on it's hind legs. Roxas gasped. And once Hayner saw, he casually hid behind Roxas.

Sora walked up next to Steve.

"Hello... um... Piglin.. sir-" Steve said. He opened his inventory, and took out something what looked like gold. "Here, a gold ingot. Do... you have anything to trade?" He asked.

The piglin took it, seeming like he was studying the gold. He then looked up at Steve, then gave him coal, then vanished with the gold.

".... Well that's just plain rude." Steve said. Hayner snorted.

Alex giggled. "Move over, let the trade master have a try-" She said. Steve rolled his eyes. Alex walked over to a piglin, and have him a gold ingot. The Piglin looked at it, then headed Alex a bottle. "Yes! Fire Resistant!"

Steve scoffed. "That's just luck-"

Alex walked up to another one, and gave them gold. They gave her, something what looked like an eye, and left. "Huh?" She asked. Steve gasped. "An Eye of Ender?! They carry Eye of Enders?!" He exclaimed.

Just then, something rammed into Sora's butt, and sent him flying as he bashed into Hayner and Roxas who both slammed into Alex and Steve. "AHHH!" They all screeched as they all bashed into a crimson tree at once. They all fell off of the tree, and fell onto the ground.

"What the hell?" Steve asked as he lied on the ground. "What was that?"

Sora was rubbing his but. "Something tried to prison shower me-" He said. "Dude-" Roxas said.

Steve got up, then gasped at what he saw. "Guys! Get up! It's a Hoglin!"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Chapter 9: The Dark Figure

Chapter Text

 


The Hoglin was breathing hard, scratching it's front right foot on the ground. Sora, Roxas, Hayner and Steve and Alex where both standing up, after they all got rammed into the tree from this Nether creature. "G-Guys... what should we do?" Hayner said. "We have to fight it-" Steve whispered. "It's the only way. We can't out run it-"

Sora summoned his keyblade. He clenched onto it, and aimed it in the air. "Wind!" He yelled as the air circulated around the mob. The Hoglin got swept up in the mini whirlwind, making a a bunch of scared nosies. "Go, go!" Roxas yelled as he pushed Hayner. They ran away from the Hoglin, and once they where some distance away from the creature, they had some time to catch thier breath. "What the heck is this place-" Hayner said as he sunk down to the ground, panting. Roxas walked over to him, and sat next to him. "This world is really weird."

Sora was standing near by one of the trees. He over heard Hayner and Roxas talking, and he agreed. "Yeah, Mark said this is a creative building game, but it seems like there's challenges along with it"

Sora didn't realize what he had said, until it was too late. Steve had heard him. "Mark? Game? You've said this many times, but I don't understand what you mean by them?"

Alex nodded. "Yeah, who is this Mark person?"

"You see what you did Sora!?" Hayner yelled at Sora. Even Roxas was a little upset. "Dude, this is litterly the most important time to keep the World Order safe."

Sora gasped, because he realized he probably gave away the secret that they're from a game world. "U-um-" Sora said. Steve tilted his head. "I mean, it's pretty clear you're from some weird dimension, considering you're body shapes... are... unique" Steve said. Alex nodded. "But, what is this talk about Mark? And games? And to he honest, why are you guys here in the first place?"

Sora signed. 'I have to tell them. They probably might even help

"Ok... um... we are from this dimension called the Game Dimension. And... so are you-" Sora said.

Hayner and Roxas faced palmed, because Sora never listens.

"Game Dimension?" Steve asked. Sora nodded. "Vidoe games. Every time a game gets created, it spawns a reality where that world is real. Mark is a gamer, and he has these games. There's been something that has been corrupting the games off his. In fact, it's that dark figure thing. It's our job to defeat him. And the gem we have to find, will lock this world from getting anymore attacks from it"

Steve and Alex where just listing. "Game...dimensions?"

"Where's not real or something?" Alex asked. "No, you are. We are. It's just that our dimensions was created by something."

Alex and Steve looked at each other, then Steve looked back at Sora. "So... that dark figure guys is in control of our dimension?"

Sora nodded. "At least we think he is. He... seems really powerful. He was messing with my boyfriend a lot when we met. Mark said he keeps showing him these visions, and the last one he didn't seem like a threat, but I'm not entirely sure"

"Woah, woah, woah, you never talked about that-" Hayner said, with a suprised expression. "Yeah, what the hell? That thing was really messing with Mark like that? What the hell is he?" Roxas asked. Sora shrugged.

"It seems dangerous. It possessed poor Steve, and turned him into a dangerous legend. That thing can do... something what not even the most deadly mobs can do. Are you sure we can even take it on-?"

Sora remembered when he and Mark both fought him before Mark left to go to his world. "Mark... and I both fought him-"

"Wait what?! When did that happen?!" Roxas yelled surprised. Sora rolled his eyes. "I don't have to tell you both everything-" He snapped, looking at Roxas. He turned his attention back to Steve and Alex. "Anyways, when we both fought, it seems to be really weak to my keyblade-" Sora re summoned his wepon. "They keyblade is made to defeat darkness. And that seems to be what this Dark Figure is"

Roxas nodded. "It's like Vanitas, but more deadly."

"Not to mention the darkness on it, covers all of it. Unlike Vanitas."

Steve stood there, with his hand at his chin. "Darkness? Your keyblade can get rid of stuff like that?"

Sora nodded. "It seems to be-"

There was a sound of clapping. Sora heard it, and looked next to him. Everyone else turned their heads, and gasped. The dark figure was standing away from them, near a wall of the rocks from the Nether. "Bravo. You completed the puzzle." It said.

 

Sora clenched his keyblade, and got into a fighting position, as Roxas summoned his two keyblades. Steve and Alex both took out thier dimoand swords, and both got ready to attack. "It ends here and now!" Sora said as he aimed his keyblade at the darkness covered creature. "Surrender, and stop damaging the game worlds!"

The dark figure just chuckled... evily.

"Oh, Sora, Sora, Sora.... just as silly as you are in the game you're from" It said. Sora continued to clench his wepon tightly. "You tried to hurt my boyfriend, and damage my world!"

"You have what I need. And I can't get it."

Sora saw that the dark figure, was looking at his hands. Sora took only 3 seconds to realize what he wanted. "There's no way you're ever getting my keyblade!"

The dark figure smiled, and the letter on it's chest glowed. "We'll see about that"

He aimed his hand at Sora's keyblade. "What is it doing?" Roxas asked. No one wanted to make the frist move, because nobody wanted to the dark figure to be one step ahead. The dark figure probably already knows someone's gonna fight with a predictable move.

But, there was a terrible problem. Sora started to levitate off the ground. "Sora?!" Roxas said. Sora couldn't move, and he felt something draining out of him. Hayner tried to grab Sora. Particles of light was leaving Sora, entering into the Dark Figure's hand, and the lit up D on it's chest was flickering. Hayner was trying to grab Sora, but the trance was way to strong, and none of them could break Sora free.

"Guys! Pull harder!" Hayner yelled, but then he saw the Dark Figure, looking weak. It grabbed it's chest, and nearly fell. It seems it couldn't handle what ever it was extracting from Sora. And what happened next suprised them all. It broke from the trance, and fell to the ground, and the lit up D on it's chest, turned off, and it fell to the ground.

Sora fell to the ground also, as the trance was gone, and dropped on top of Hayner. "Oof!" Hayner yelled.

"Sora!" Roxas yelled, pulling Sora up. "Yep, lets forget about me-" Hayner said as he was still laying on the ground. Sora seemed a little weak. Roxas was worried. "Sora are you ok?" He completely ignored Hayner. "Come on Sora, wake up. Mark would be so worried if something happened to you-"

They where so worried about Sora, they didn't notice that the dark figure was getting up. It groaned and held it's head. "No... No... not again...why can't I never get that power?!" He yelled.

Everyone turned to him. "Shit...." Hayner said. The letter came back on it's chest. It looked even more pissed than what it was before. It aimed both it's arms at them all.

"Uh.. what is it doing?" Steve asked.

It pulled his arms back, then shoved it forward.

Before Roxas could of used Reflect, all of them got sent back, and blown up into the air. "AHH!" They all screamed as they all got blown away.

The dark figure stayed their, panting. "....Of course the power of Daniel works but not the light.

 

Chapter 10: Wither Skeletons

Chapter Text

Darkness. That's the power I got instead.

 

I need the light... to fulfill my plan..... Sora...

 

Roxas was lying on the ground. He slowly opened his eyes, and groaned. He saw Hayner was on top of him, and he was knocked out. "Hayner? You ok?" Roxas put his hand at Hayner's cheek and sofly rubbed it. Hayner woke up, and looked at Roxas. "Rox? Ahh.. my head...." Hayner said, wincing. "Shhh.. it's ok-" Roxas said as he sofly rubbed Hayner's head.

 

They both heard a groan, looked to the left of them, then saw Steve, Alex and Sora lying on the ground too.

 

"Guys!" Roxas and Hayner both yelled. Sora groaned as he sat up, and rubbed his head. "What... what the hell happened?"

 

"Dark dude happened, that's what" Hayner said. Sora rubbed his head. "All... I remember was... like my strength was draining from me"

 

Roxas nodded. "Yeah, that's what was happening. I'm so glad you're ok-"

 

Sora groaned. "Just bearly-" Sora sar up, rubbing his head. "Ugh... where are we?"

 

Everyone looked at thier surroundings. There was a something in the distance, a huge structure. It blended in with the red landscape. "Is that... a castle?" Roxas asked. Alex gasped. "That's no castle... it's the Fortress!" She exclaimed. "We landed right in front of one?" Steve asked.

 

Alex walked forward. "Come on, we gotta go there. We have to get those Blaze rods and get out of this place"

 

Sora looked back at Hayner. Hayner seemed a little worried. "Hey, you ok?" He asked.  "No... this... I'm not going to lie. This is terrifying. But-" He got out the bow and arrows what Steve gave him. "I'll try my best-"

 

Roxas smiled at him. "You sure you can use them?"

 

"Of course I can! Well... I'll try"

 

Roxas patted him on his shoulder.

 

Sora walked up to join Steve and Alex. He summoned his keyblade, once he met up with them. "Come on, lets go get those blazes"

 

****

 

All five of them, where at the entrance to the Fortress. "Well... we're here-" Steve said.

 

The entrance of the Nether Fortress, looked very dark. There was little to no lighting. The only light was the Nether itself, with the lava that is all around. "Come on, let's get this over with, before that Dark Figure comes back" Roxas said. Sora and the rest nodded. "Let's go-" Sora said last, as they all entered into the ominous Fortress. As they walked trough it, Hayner was freaking out slightly. He could hear whispers, and strange sounds. "AHH!" He yelled as he quickly turned around amining his bow at nothing behind him.

 

"Hayner, you alright?" Roxas asked. Sora and the rest turned around, to see Hayner shaking, as he was holding up his bow at nothing.

 

Hayner shook his head. "Ah, sorry... thought I heard some-"

 

Just then, a block of the Fortress fell to the ground.

 

"WAHHHH?!" Hayner screeched as he grabbed Roxas hugging him, dropping his bow and Arrow. Sora giggled, covering his mouth.

 

"Dude-" Roxas said looking down at Hayner hugging him tightly. "What was that-" Hayner said with a edge to his voice. "A block just fell-" Roxas told him, turning around, to show Hayner the block. "O-oh..."

 

Hayner was still hugging on to Roxas. "Hayner, you... can let go now-"

 

"O-oh! Sorry!" Hayner said as he quickly stopped grabbing on to Roxas with his face red. Roxas just sofly giggled as he patted Hayner's head. "Just stay near me, we can both fight if something comes our way"

 

Steve walked over to the block that had fell. "That's weird...." He said as he looked at the block.

 

"Huh? What's weird?" Sora asked.

 

"The block... it fell-"

 

Roxas and Hayner looked at each other. Roxas looked back at Steve. "Yep... that's what gravity does-"

 

"Gravity?" Steve asked. Alex looked at them. "Gravity only affects a few blocks here, such as fravel, and sand. This... is isn't any of them. This is Nether bricks."

 

"Oh..." Hayner said. Sora walked up to it. "I'm sure there's a reason to why it did fell"

 

"Maybe that dark thing is the culprit" Hayner said. "I'm sure he has better things to do than to make blocks fall-" Sora said.

 

"Well, what ever it is, it seems to not be threat right now, come on Hayner, let's g-" Roxas was about to hold Hayner's hand, but, he then saw that Hayner was frozen. He was staring down the hallway of the Fortress. "Hayner? You... alright dude?"

 

"What.... is... that-?" Hayner said. "What is what?" Steve asked. He turned his head down the hallway. Then gasped. "Guys... be careful...."

 

Alex noticed. "Shoot! It's a Wither Skeleton-"

 

"A Wither Skeleton?"

 

The was about 3 of them at the end of the hallway. They all had something what seemed like swords, and they looked really tall. "One hit from them, can poison you with something...I think it's called the Wither or something."

 

"We need to do research on them" Alex said. "Well, not right now. We still need to get the Blazes-"

 

Before Steve could say another word, Sora was already walking up towards the Wither Skeletons, with his keyblade out. "Sora no! Not ye-"

 

The Wither Skeletons, noticed that Sora was walking over them. Then, one of them ran at extremely fast pace, towards Steve. "Woah! What the-" Sora said as he saw the thing running towards him. Sora quickly blocked it, with reflect, and the Wither Skeleton got bounced back, and slammed into the other Wither Skeletons.

 

Sora looked up, and saw that it was lying on the floor. He aimed his keyblade at them. "Deep freeze!" He yelled as a ice shard ejected out of the tip of the Keyblade. The shard if ice, slammed into the Wither who was getting up, and froze it. It fell to the ground, and vanished in a poof of particles. The ice shard broken into three pieces, and the last two, went into the remaining Wither Skeletons. They all got defeated.


Sora looked behind him, at Roxas and Hayner, and Steve and Alex. "Guys... it's clear-"

"Dude... you are getting really powerful. You... just took out those things in one blow-" Roxas said. Sora shrugged. "That ice magic of yours will come real handy with the Blazes" Steve said.

Chapter 11: Blaze Rods

Chapter Text

 

"Sora be careful!" Roxas yelled out. They had headed more deep inside the Fortress, and they came up to a stair case, that went up to a platform holding what seemed to be an cage of some sort. Sora of course had over taken them, walking up to it, causing Roxas to yell at him. "Don't worry Roxas... it's just some cage"

Steve and Alex walked up to him. "A cage?" He asked. Sora nodded and pointed to the ground. Steve kneeled down, to examine it. "Hmm..." He said as his blocky hand was up to his chin. "This doesn't look like a cage-"

"Your right-" Alex said as she was now examining the strange object as well. "It looks like a spa-"

The cage glowed, then three floating glowing beams appeared, as flaming rods started to rotate around one another, as a block head with eyes popped out.

"IT'S A BLAZE SPAWNER!" Steve yelled. "A Blaze spawner?!" Hayner exclaimed. Alex was about to slash it with her sword, but 2 of out of 3 of the blazes, shot out fire balls at all of them, and Roxas and Sora nearly got hit of they hadn't blocked their attacks.

Hayner felt like he had to do something, to at least make him useful. He got out the bow what Steve gave him, and aimed it at one of the blazes. He got out an arrow, put it inside the bow, and pulled it back, then let it go, and he got a headshot right on the Blaze. "Woah! Good shot dude!" Roxas said.

Sora aimed his Keyblade at one of them. "Deep freeze!" A ball of ice shot out of his magical weapon, and hit the same blaze Hayner shot. The Blaze despawned and dropped a glowing rod. But then they all shot out more fire at the friends before they could of been able to pick the rod up. "AHH!" Sora yelled as one of the fire blast hit near his hand, as he was trying to pick it up. Roxas grabbed Sora, and pulled him away.

"We both need to use our magic" Roxas said. Sora nodded. "Right!"

The Blazes both fired more fire blasts at both Roxas and Sora, they both blocked their attacks. Once they finished blocking, they both used their magic.

"Blizzard!"

Two giant ice balls flew out of both Roxas's and Sora's keyblades, slamming into the two floating flames. They felt the impact of the freezing ice, and they clearly got weaker. Roxas saw his chance, and ran up to both of them, and slashed his two keyblades in both of the last remaining blazes. He turned around, to see that both of the blazes disappeared, then couple of rods appeared on the ground. Steve walked over to them, and got them all. "Quick Alex, this is more than enough, so break the spawner!"

Alex ran up to the spawner as she took out a pickaxe, and pounded it into the spawner, until it cracked, then broke.

Steve sighed. "Well.... we got the Blaze Rods."

Roxas nodded. "Now, we can make those end things you talked about"

****

They all left the Nether, and ended up back in the cave they where at, before they left to get to the underworld. "Come on, let's go back to my place to use those ender pearls with this" Steve said. They all started to walk out the cave. "The pearls will combine with them or something?" Hayner asked. Alex nodded. "Steve and I found out you can make these eye's of enders. But, we didn't know what they can possibly be used for"

"But, now you do!" Sora replied with a smile. Steve chuckled. "Now we can finally get to this new dimension- hopefully."

****

All of them where in Steve's apartment, and Steve was messing with the crafting table. "Ugh-" He said. "Alex.... do you know what the recipe was again?" Steve asked. "You don't know how to make it?" Roxas asked. Sora, Roxas and Hayner where sitting on some chairs.... they probably was the stair case block, as they watched Steve try and craft the needed supplies. "No, no, I do know how to make it. But... I forgot how to actually place it... was it ender pearls all around the rod?"

Steve tried that, and in the small squares of the crafting table, he put the Blaze Rod in the middle, then added the pearls in the remaining squares, surrounding the rod. But nothing happened. Alex pushed Steve aside as she started to work on it. "Hey!" Steve snapped.

Alex took out nearly all the pearls, leaving only one below the rod. Both the rod and the pearl vibrated, until they both combined and turned into an eye like object.

"Tada!" Alex said smiling at Steve, with a small giggle. "Yeah, yeah, laugh it up." Steve said as he was annoyed at himself that he couldn't remember such a simple recipe. Sora chuckled. "That wasn't that difficult at all"

"How'd you forgot that?" Hayner asked.

Steve just signed and covered is face.

Roxas looked at the pearl, but then he saw it vibrating. "Uh... guys?"

Steve noticed. "What the? What's happening?"

The pear started to vibrate more. It didn't take another moment for everyone to realize they should probably take cover.

The pearl exploded, and green blocky goo splashed everywhere.

Sora was hiding behind a block, and Roxas and Hayner where hiding behind a chair, and Hayner was hugging onto Roxas tightly. "Dude...my poor arm-" Roxas said as Hayner was practically squeezing the hell out of Roxas's left arm.

"Uh... Steve?" Alex said looking around at the gooey mess. "What happened? That didn't happen before?"

Steve scratched his head, as everyone was looking at him. "I don't know... we.. wait..."

"We put the rod in there-" He said after.

Alex nodded slowly. "Uhhh... yeahhh? That's the recipe-"

"No...We had put the raw rod with the pearl.... Aren't we supposed to smash it to powder first?" Steve asked.

Alex gasped. "Oh Nether! I totally forgot! Yes! The blaze powder coats the pearl."

Steve looked at the remaining rods they had left, then looked back at the Kingdom Hearts characters. "Ok guys, lets get smashing"

 

Chapter 12: The Gateway To The End

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

 

Sora, Hayner, and Roxas helped to smash the blaze rods to bits. They didn't stop until it turned into powder. The blaze rods, where endlessly burning. So, Sora and the rest had to be extra careful while they handled it. Even when they mashed them up, they where still at a very high temperature. Sora, almost accidentally burned his hand when he was trying to scoop the powder up. "Sora, be careful! Steve told us to use a stick to scrape them into the bucket" Roxas said. Sora nodded. "I know, I know" 

 

Sora got up, and walked over to Steve, to get the bucket. Once he had gotten the bucket, he walked back over to his friends, who where still mashing the rods. "How many powder do we even need?" Hayner asked. "A lot" Alex said. "We need a lot to coat a least 13 of the ender pearls." Steve said as he was getting the pearls. 

 

Once, they where done, they where ready to go. Steve has just made the last Eye of Ender. They where shimmering in the light, as Steve picked it up off of the table. Steve sighed as he set it back down. "Well, I guess we're ready" 

 

Hayner looked a little worried. "What... did you say is beyond that portal again?" 

 

"The end" Steve said. "Home to a dragon." 

 

Sora knew that had to be where the stone is. "Ok, let's go" He said, already heading out the door. "Uh...." Hayner said. "Don't worry Hayner, you're pretty good with that bow" Roxas reassured him. Hayner gulped. "I sure hope you're right" He said walking over to the door, Roxas and the rest followed him.

 

 

So, they walked all through the city of Craftview, and back into the mine.

 

 

*** 

 

They're they all stood, infront of the unlit portal frame. "Um... so, Steve, you want to place them?" Alex asked. Sora and the rest stood and watched. Steve nodded, and stepped up to the frame, and got out the eyes. 

 

He walked alongside the frame, placing the eyes in each socket of the portal. Sora and his other friends, just stood and watched. None of them knew what was going to happen. The portal could either light, or not light at all. Or worse, explode. But that wasn't the worst to happen. 

 

As Steve made it around the portal frame, he was about to put the last eye, until he heard a strange scratching sound just as he was about to place the eye of ender. Steve froze just over the frame, then looked up at the guys, then back at Alex. They all shrugged. "You..l heard that right?" Steve asked. Hayner nodded, casually hiding behind Roxas. Sora looked around. "It sounded like it was coming from your direction-" He said. 

 

Steve arched an eyebrow, because it sounded like it was more in front of him. 

 

What he didn't know what was that the portal room has a defense system. And when the second to last eye went into the frame socket, it caused a spawner to appear. Steve looked down. "What is tha-" 

 

He gasped loudly, that made Sora jump, and Hayner scream. 

 

Roxas slowly looked behind him at Hayner hiding. "Man, you're a scardy-cat" He said. 

 

Hayner's face went red with embarrassment. "Shut up-" Hayner said clinging you Roxas's arm. 

 

Steve was over the strange block, but nothing was happening. "Ah, Steve? Why the heck did you just gasp like you where being stalked by a Creeper?!" Alex yelled. "Look! It's a spawner!" Steve said. 

 

The block had something spinning inside. It was close to the Blaze spawner back in the Nether. "Hey, it is a spawner. It's like that one back in that underworld place" Sora said. "But it's not Blazes..." Roxas said. "Yeah, what is that silver looking creature. 

 

Just then, it spwaned. A tiny cute looking, silver creature with big black eyes. 

 

Sora gasped at it. "Oh my gosh it's so cute!" Sora was about to pick it up. "Sora don't!" Steve yelled when he now fully realized what the creature was, but by then it was to late. The "cute" creature jumped on Sora. "AHH!" Sora yelped. Steve gasped, and was trying to hit the creature, but when he swung his sword, he accidentally hit Sora, and smashed him into the ground. "Oh! I'm so sorry Sora! Please forgive me-" Steve said as he helped the keyblade wielder up. Sora looked at him annoyed. "Please don't give me a final smash" 

 

Even with all the commotion, and weapon swinging, the creature was still alive. But this time it was over near Hayner. "Get it away from me!" Hayner yelled. Roxas summoned his keyblade and lit it on fire with his fire magic. 

 

Alex took this time, to quickly swap to her pickaxe, and she quickly, and frantically, minded the spawner, breaking it. 

 

Alex sighed a heavy sigh of relief. "Well, that's over." She looked back at Steve. "You nearly gave Sora a concussion. Are you sure you're ready to take on a dragon?" 

 

Steve rolled his eyes. "Ugh, that was just a mistake. We all make mistakes" 

 

"When it comes to you, mistakes are always disasters." Alex said. Steve grunted annoyed, as he walked up to the portal frame. He placed the last eye of ender, into the slot. 

 

As soon as the eye hit the slot, a loud hollow sound echoed throughout the portal room, as a endless abyss materialized in the frame of the portal. Steve and everyone was mesmerized by it. "It's... the gateway to the end dimension" Steve said looking into it. Steve looked behind him, at everyone else. "This is it guys. This... is when we make history for all of Craftview." He said.


Sora, Hayner, and Roxas helped to smash the blaze rods to bits. They didn't stop until it turned into powder. The blaze rods, where endlessly burning. So, Sora and the rest had to be extra careful while they handled it. Even when they mashed them up, they where still at a very high temperature. Sora, almost accidentally burned his hand when he was trying to scoop the powder up. "Sora, be careful! Steve told us to use a stick to scrape them into the bucket" Roxas said. Sora nodded. "I know, I know" 

Sora got up, and walked over to Steve, to get the bucket. Once he had gotten the bucket, he walked back over to his friends, who where still mashing the rods. "How many powder do we even need?" Hayner asked. "A lot" Alex said. "We need a lot to coat a least 13 of the ender pearls." Steve said as he was getting the pearls. 

Once, they where done, they where ready to go. Steve has just made the last Eye of Ender. They where shimmering in the light, as Steve picked it up off of the table. Steve sighed as he set it back down. "Well, I guess we're ready" 

Hayner looked a little worried. "What... did you say is beyond that portal again?" 

"The end" Steve said. "Home to a dragon." 

Sora knew that had to be where the stone is. "Ok, let's go" He said, already heading out the door. "Uh...." Hayner said. "Don't worry Hayner, you're pretty good with that bow" Roxas reassured him. Hayner gulped. "I sure hope you're right" He said walking over to the door, Roxas and the rest followed him.

So, they walked all through the city of Craftview, and back into the mine.

*** 

They're they all stood, infront of the unlit portal frame. "Um... so, Steve, you want to place them?" Alex asked. Sora and the rest stood and watched. Steve nodded, and stepped up to the frame, and got out the eyes. 

He walked alongside the frame, placing the eyes in each socket of the portal. Sora and his other friends, just stood and watched. None of them knew what was going to happen. The portal could either light, or not light at all. Or worse, explode. But that wasn't the worst to happen. 

As Steve made it around the portal frame, he was about to put the last eye, until he heard a strange scratching sound just as he was about to place the eye of ender. Steve froze just over the frame, then looked up at the guys, then back at Alex. They all shrugged. "You..l heard that right?" Steve asked. Hayner nodded, casually hiding behind Roxas. Sora looked around. "It sounded like it was coming from your direction-" He said. 

Steve arched an eyebrow, because it sounded like it was more in front of him. 

What he didn't know what was that the portal room has a defense system. And when the second to last eye went into the frame socket, it caused a spawner to appear. Steve looked down. "What is tha-" 

He gasped loudly, that made Sora jump, and Hayner scream. 

Roxas slowly looked behind him at Hayner hiding. "Man, you're a scardy-cat" He said. 

Hayner's face went red with embarrassment. "Shut up-" Hayner said clinging you Roxas's arm. 

Steve was over the strange block, but nothing was happening. "Ah, Steve? Why the heck did you just gasp like you where being stalked by a Creeper?!" Alex yelled. "Look! It's a spawner!" Steve said. 

The block had something spinning inside. It was close to the Blaze spawner back in the Nether. "Hey, it is a spawner. It's like that one back in that underworld place" Sora said. "But it's not Blazes..." Roxas said. "Yeah, what is that silver looking creature. 

Just then, it spwaned. A tiny cute looking, silver creature with big black eyes. 

Sora gasped at it. "Oh my gosh it's so cute!" Sora was about to pick it up. "Sora don't!" Steve yelled when he now fully realized what the creature was, but by then it was to late. The "cute" creature jumped on Sora. "AHH!" Sora yelped. Steve gasped, and was trying to hit the creature, but when he swung his sword, he accidentally hit Sora, and smashed him into the ground. "Oh! I'm so sorry Sora! Please forgive me-" Steve said as he helped the keyblade wielder up. Sora looked at him annoyed. "Please don't give me a final smash" 

Even with all the commotion, and weapon swinging, the creature was still alive. But this time it was over near Hayner. "Get it away from me!" Hayner yelled. Roxas summoned his keyblade and lit it on fire with his fire magic. 

Alex took this time, to quickly swap to her pickaxe, and she quickly, and frantically, minded the spawner, breaking it. 

Alex sighed a heavy sigh of relief. "Well, that's over." She looked back at Steve. "You nearly gave Sora a concussion. Are you sure you're ready to take on a dragon?" 

Steve rolled his eyes. "Ugh, that was just a mistake. We all make mistakes" 

"When it comes to you, mistakes are always disasters." Alex said. Steve grunted annoyed, as he walked up to the portal frame. He placed the last eye of ender, into the slot. 

As soon as the eye hit the slot, a loud hollow sound echoed throughout the portal room, as a endless abyss materialized in the frame of the portal. Steve and everyone was mesmerized by it. "It's... the gateway to the end dimension" Steve said looking into it. Steve looked behind him, at everyone else. "This is it guys. This... is when we make history for all of Craftview." He said.

 

Notes:

I'm sorry that this took so long to finally update. Just been feeling a little down lately, and all my brain power can go to is one shots.

I'm planning to make this my longest fanfiction here, cause they're going to go to a lot of games. I don't know much games that much, because I'm very picky when it comes to vidoe games. So of you expect to see Dark Souls in here, that probably won't happen because I barely even know what Dark Souls is about. All I know is that it's apparently hard since I see a lot of people meme about that.

It'll more be about crossovers with underrated games, or games what people don't talk about much. I mean, Mark, my oc, is slightly based on me with my personality a little, so the games he plays, are gonna be games what I've played or seen and got fond of it.

So, I apologize if you like Dark Souls and probably won't see it.

I mean, as I said, I plan to have this be a large book, so maybe by then I'll have played Dark Souls and plan to have it in here, or I might make it as a one shot.

You're welcome to read my one shots for this, and the series. And you're also welcome to read my Life Is Strange x Thomas the tank engine crossover. Don't laugh. I wanted to create a 'Strange' (pun was so very intended) crossover with LiS, and that was all I could come up with. Wanted to cross LiS 2 with like doctor strange or something, but then I thouht that sounded to believable.

You're welcome to read it, because it connects with this fanfiction. I won't say how or why, because spoilers.

But....

All I am going to say is, is that I'm the Tetsuya Noruma of fanfiction.

Chapter 13: The Ender Dragon

Notes:

This is going to be quite long, so brace yourselves.

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

 

 

 

Steve, Sora, Alex and Roxas and Hayner, both appeared onto a platform that looked like it was made out of Obsidian. All around them, where a strange beige colored block. "Uh... where is this?" Steve asked looking around. It was really, really quiet. You could hear a pin drop. And it made Hayner's stomach, sound extremely loud when it growled at that moment, it made Sora get startled. Hayner blushed, then put his hand on his stomach. "Sorry... a little hungry-" He said.

"Don't worry, I have some cookies back home, I'll give you some when we get back" Alex said. "If we get back" Steve said. They all looked at Steve. "If?" Alex asked.

"What are these blocks around us? We're trapped!" Steve said. "You're the one with the pickaxe idiot. Just mine the way out." Alex said.

Steve sighed. "But we don't exactly know what's out there"

"Well, if we don't do something, we are just going to sit here forever" Roxas added. Sora nodded, agreeing with Roxas. Steve turned around. Then he took the pickaxe out, walking up to a block that was in front of them. He wanted to mine up, cause he figured they where below ground. He raised the tool up, then started to pound the block. It broke with a few hits. "Well, at least it's breakable" Steve said. "Keep going!" Alex said.

Steve pressed on. Mining up, making a stair case with the blocks. Everyone followed him. Steve tried his best to be careful. He doesn't know much about the place they're at, but he does know that it's and Island. He wouldn't want to fall off.

As he was mining up, he broke a block, then he saw purple. Seeming like it was the sky. "Guys!" He yelled. "I think I found the way out!"

"You did?" Alex asked. "I can't see-" Hayner said, who was behind Roxas. "Just stay behind me-" Roxas said. Sora noticed. "Why does it look purple?"

Steve was the first to climb out. He grunted as he pulled himself out of the hole he just dug out. He didn't even notice what was in front of him, because he was to busy helping everyone out. "All of you alright?" He asked. Alex nodded.

But Sora was staring into the distant. "..What, is that?"

Steve looked at Sora, then turned his head around, noticing that there was a huge island, with giant pillars made of Obsidian, placed on top of the island. There was about 6 of them scattered all around, with a one pillars, looking like it was made out of bedrock, in the middle. "Holy blocks...." Steve said, one he noticed that they where nowhere near the main island.

The part they spawned at, was a small island, off the coast of the larger one. There was no way they could get to the island now.

"Crap, don't tell me that big Island is where we need to be-" Alex said. "Something tells me, it is-" Sora said. Roxas nodded. "Yep, definitely."

Steve was annoyed. They didn't stock up on any extra blocks, to build their way over there. He looked back at Alex. "Al, do you have any extra dirt blocks? Or cobble stone?"

Alex took out some. "Just a few-"

"We'll have to make it stretch then-" Steve got cut off. By a very loud sound.

Rorawwweeeeeeeerrrrr!

Everyone froze.

"Steve....? What was that?" Hayner asked, grabbing onto Roxas's arm.

The look on Steve's face worried everyone. Steve forgot about the legend of the End Dimension. He forgot all about the dragon that inhabitant the end island.

Steve turned his head, and saw a pitch blackish-Purplish dragon, perched onto of one of the pillars. "Guys... don't...move..." Steve said, unsure what to do. Steve and Alex, had good weapons, and Sora and Roxas has good keyblades. And Hayner has a good bow. And Steve has the command block what he hasn't told Alex about yet. But he sure didn't want to jump into any battle, just yet, blind.

But then something happed that made everyone panic.

Sora's keyblade summoned on it's own.

The sparkle from the Kingdom Key, attracted the dragon, and it jumped off of the pillar, and swooped down towards them on the small tiny island.

"Get back in the ground!" Steve yelled practically pushing everyone back into the hole he dug. The dragon was getting closer, as Hayner was the last person in before Steve. Steve jumped down, then turned around quickly, to block the hole up with the last remaining dirt blocks he had. Before he did so, he saw the dragon was flying down, but when he blocked the hole up, the dragon crashed into the ground, shaking nearly the entire small island, making Steve lose his balance, and he went falling down the block steps he made, slamming down into Hayner, who crashed into Roxas, and they both entered back into the small Obsidian room. "Geez, are you two alright?!" Alex gasped as she saw them fall. She where already down there, along with Sora. They both went to help their friends up. "That dragon crashed into the ground. I'm very surprised how it didn't break the blocks" He said looking up.

"How are we going to attack this thing? It's pretty clear it's what's causing the ground to shake back in the overworld" Alex said.

"Um... I can glide across-" Sora said. Roxas blinked, "And take that thing on by yourself?! You can't do that!" He yelled, looking at Sora. "Hey! I've fought worse!" Sora snapped.

"Wait.... glide across?" Steve arched an eyebrow, confused. "This is the first time I seen you remember you can glide, at the right time" Roxas said. "But you can't can't take it on. You need help. And more than just me. You need the people who know this world." He said looking at Steve and Alex.

"I'm... still confused on how he can... 'glide'-" Steve said, crossing his rectangular arms.

Sora sighed, then some sparkly glitter shined around him, and he hovered a little. Steve and Alex gasped. "Y-You can fly?!"

Sora nodded. "Yeah, sometimes he forgets he has that power-" Roxas said. Sora shot him an annoyed look. Then, he looked back at his blocky friends. "Yes... my plan was to either fly over there myself, and fight, but it seems Roxas doesn't want me to do that-"

Roxas shook his head. "I don't. I don't want you getting hurt. Stuff like this is probably way out of our league."

"Or... my other plan was, to pick you guys up and fly you over there"

"We all know you're way to weak to do that-" Hayner said, with a sly smirk. Sora stopped talking, then blinked, then looked over at Hayner, giving him an angry look. "I'm not that weak! And that's not the reason I don't want to do that. I'm just worried I'd not be able to dodge the dragon, and it'd hit me while carrying someone" Sora said. Alex nodded. Steve spoke "Um...Yeah. I was going with that second one, but that seems likely with it knocking us out the air."

"But... how fast can you fly?" Alex asked. "Pretty fast" Sora said nodding. "But me carrying someone? Probably will be a little slow-" Sora sometimes has to keep his balance when he glides along the air, sometimes using his hands to push the air to give him more momentum. He couldn't do that if he was having to hold someone with both hands.

"If we can't do any of this, what are we going to do?" He asked. Steve put his hands up to his chin. Alex looked at him.

"Wait... I think I got it..." Steve said. "What?" Alex asked.

Steve didn't answer her, and went to brake one of the beige blocks. Alex tilted her head. "Steve what are you doing?"

"I'm going to brake as much as I can, and then we can use the blocks to build our way out to the main island!" Steve said. Everyone thought that was a great idea. But Steve had some minor plans. He figured they shouldn't just jump and start to build the bridge across. That'll just make it easy for the dragon to knock them off.

"Alright, so here is the plan" Steve said. "Plan?" Hayner asked. "Aren't we just building a bridge across?"

"Yes, but no. We can't just start to build exposed like that. You saw how fast that dragon was. It'll just knock us off our project. We need some distractions-" Steve turned to Sora and Roxas.

"You two have those unique weapons. I've seen you shoot all types of elemental magic out of it. Me and Alex will be building, you two will be directly behind us, with those weapons of yours out, ready to fire your fire magic, or ice magic directly at the dragon, if it happens to get close." Steve explained. Sora and Roxas nodded. "Yeah, that seems simple enough"

Steve nodded, now turning his attention to Hayner. "You stay on the island. I'm not sure if we use this Obsidian-" Steve tapped his foot on the ground, on the Obsidian below them. "As our way back. So you need to defend the Island with your bow and arrow."

"M-Me?" Hayner asked, nervous. "But... I..."

"Hayner, it'll be fine. It probably won't even come to the island. It'll be more focused on me and Sora blasting it down with our magic" Roxas reassured him. Hayner still wasn't sure, but he went along with it. "Here, if it makes you feel better-" Steve reached into his inventory, and pulled out a few arrows. "Arrows? You've given me plenty before-" Hayner said. "These aren't ordinary arrows. These are a secret recipe, I've made by combining TNT with standard arrows. It'll explode on contact with anything, or anyone it hits. So be careful."

Hayner looked at it. "Wow... can I shoot Sora with it?"

"Mark will kill you" Roxas and Sora said at the same time.

****

So, they started to plan. Steve had dug out most of the area below ground, getting most of the block resources. After he was done, they all went back up to the surface, and saw that the dragon, must of forgotten about them, and was probably asleep on one of the pillars. They could of seen it, but it could of been pretending to sleep. So Steve made sure, everyone stayed quite as possible. Him and Alex, walked up to the edge, ready to place the blocks. Sora, and Roxas stood right behind them, with their Keyblades out. Hayner stayed further behind him with the bow.

Steve and Alex took a deep breath, and started to build. Every time they placed a block, they walked forward. Then, they place another block, then moved forward. Sora and Roxas walked slowly behind them, looking up at the large dragon that was high up on top of the pillar, looking like it was asleep. They continued to build and build. The dragon then shifted. Alex and Steve stopped, but then Sora wasn't looking where he was going, and be bounced in the back of Steve. Steve gasped as he nearly fell.

His gasp nearly woke the dragon up, and it shifted on the pillar.

Sora dropped his Keyblade after bouncing into Steve, and it fell into the void below them. But Sora was able to call it back, and it summoned into his hand.

But that sound, the dragon remembered.

RawrrrrrrrrrrRRRRRRRR!

The dragon screeched, then stood up on the pillar. "Oh crap! Not again!" Sora said. "Sora, Roxas, remember then plan!" Steve yelled. The dragon jumped off of the pillar, and swooped down towards them. Sora and Roxas aimed their Keyblades. "Blizzarga?" Roxas asked, looking at Sora. Sora nodded. "Blizzarga"

"DEEP FREEZE!" Both Roxas and Sora yelled.

Three ice shards went flying at the dragon. One out of the Kingdom Key, one out of the Oblivion, and one out of the Oathkeeper. The three ice shards slammed into the dragons face, blasting back to the island, and it slammed into the pillar, breaking some of the blocks. Steve and Alex used that time, to build more of the bridge. But as Sora and Roxas continued to walk forward, a bright purple beam, shot down from one of the towers, and got absorbed into the dragon. Then, it got up like nothing happened.

It seemed as like the dragon has been healed

"Steve... Alex.... did you see that?" Sora asked. "Did... it just heal itself?" Roxas asked. Steve and Alex did see the beam. Steve looked up at the pillar. "There is something up there... it seems to be some device to heal the dragon."

Sora got a crazy idea. "Roxas, can you hold of the dragon by yourself?

 

"Sora, what are you going to do?" Roxas asked. "A very logical thing, that needs to be done" Sora got off the ground, and flew towards the pillar. "Sora!" Roxas yelled. Once Sora flew off of the bride, the dragon saw. Then it groggy like, got off the ground, spread it's wings, and flew off of the ground, after Sora. "Sora look out!" Roxas yelled. He got out his two Keyblades, and was about to cast tunderaga, but there something that looked like an arrow, zooming trough the air. It pierced the dragon, then a loud and very visible explosion happed, sending the dragon falling down to the ground of the main island, literally shaking the land. The blast radius, affected Sora little, and caused him to fall ontop of the pillar. "SORA!" Hayner yelled out. "Are you ok? I didn't mean it to affect you too!"

Sora was fine. He got up, looking down at his friends from the pillar. "I'm Alright!" He yelled. "Thank goodness" Steve said. "Come on, lets continue building, not long until it wakes back up"

Sora panted heavily as he stood on top of the pillar. He looked down at the dragon, who was lying down on the ground, unconscious from the blast. "Man, what are these games from Mark's world?"

He turned around, only to see a cage, with some shape shifting mess inside. It seemed like it was a crystal. Sora then glided, then up into the air, backing away from it. "If I'm going to destroy this thing, I need to make sure I'm away from it. It looks very dangerous-"

After Sora was a few inches away from it, he took out his Keyblade, about to use a spell. He didn't know which spell. 'What spell I have that will cause stuff to explode....'

Then he got it.

"STRIKE!" He yelled, as he pointed his Keyblade at the shape shifting crystal.

A stroke of lighting and electricity clashed down ontop of the cage and the crystal, cashing it to explode. The entire top part of the pillar, was completely gone.

"Woah, holy crap!" Roxas yelled. "Sora, what happened?!" Steve yelled out.

Once the crystal got damaged, the dragon reacted to it.

"Sora! What ever you just did, is hurting the dragon!" Alex yelled. But that wasn't over. There was another beam. And the dragon quickly got healed. "It's still being healed!" Steve yelled.

Now the dragon wasn't paying any attention to Steve, Alex, Roxas or Hayner anymore. Now it wanted Sora.

It growled loudly, and it leaped off of the ground in quick second, rushing towards the Keyblade wielder. "Sora! Move!" Roxas yelled.

Sora quickly dashed out the way, making the dragon miss him, allowing it to crash into the pillar, and the lose blocks that got blown up, fell off and fell onto the island. Some into the endless void. Sora used this time to make his way to brake the remaining crystals. The second he flew away, the dragon tried to get up.

Sora dashed trough the air quickly, coming up to one. "STRIKE!" He yelled. The crystal exploded, ending with the dragon losing it's balance, falling back down on the first pillar. Hayner watched as Sora flew around trying his best to take out all of the crystals. So, Hayner looked at one that was the closest to him. He aimed the bow arrow, at it, and shot the TNT arrow.

The arrows traveled through the air, and collided with the crystal, causing it to explode on contact. "Woah! Good going Hayner!" Roxas called out. Hayner smiled at the praise.

Just at that time, Sora managed to destroy another crystal. So now, there was only one Crystal left.

Sora quickly made his way over to it, making sure the dragon didn't follow him. But then, the crystal activated, shining the beam to the dragon. Sora dodged out the way, because the beam nearly hit him.

The dragon was back to full health. So, Sora made him destroying this thing, fast.

The last crystal got destroyed.

The dragon could no longer get healed, and by now Steve and Alex finished building the bridge. The dragon was lying on the ground, knocked out from the lack of healing. But it was going to get up any second. Sora flew down back to the ground, to meet up with everyone. They where all around the tiny center pillar, looking at the dragon that was inches before them. "You guys ready for the final blow?" Steve asked. The two keyblade users, summoned their keyblades. "Born ready-"

The dragon grunted, and it got up.

Rurrggrowwrrr!

The dragon could barely growl. It sounded weak. Lack of the energy from the crystals, made it lose most of it's power.

"You ready Roxas?" Sora asked. Roxas nodded. He looked back at Steve. "Remember what we did back at the cave?"

"What did you do back at the cave?" Hayner asked. Steve thought for a moment. "What? Wait... oh, yes!" Steve aimed his sword into the air. Roxas caught on, and did the same with his two keyblades. Sora did the same, looking at the dragon, growling about to attack them.

"It's over!" Sora yelled, as all of the Keyblade, plus the Dimond sword, got combined into a very, very large and powerful sword. "What the?!" Alex exclaimed. "Woah!" Hayner said, amazed.

"Now this is a sword I'd want to use by myself!" Steve said. All three of them, Sora, Steve and Roxas, where all holding onto it. Sora then remembered the spell he leaned while doing this with Steve. "Fireaga ASPECT!" He yelled. A a giant beam of flaming hot fire, shined out of the large sword, and slammed into the dragon. "RAWRRGGGGGG!" The dragon yelped, as the fire was burning it. It was getting weaker and weaker. Sora continued to use the spell, but as he was, the dragon started to move forward. Then, when no one expected, it leaped at them all. Pushing them all away, breaking the magic Steve, Sora and Roxas had. The two keyblades and the diamond sword, broke apart, and the gaint sword vanished.

The dragon was way to close now.

Hayner backed away from the dragon, who was inches from him. "Oh shit!" He yelled as he saw the large beast directly infront of him. Then, he saw his bow and arrow on the ground. He gasped, then quickly took it up. He looked up at the dragon infront of him, thankfully, it was turned away.

He pulled the arrow back, and was about to let it go.

But then, the unthinkable happened.

The dragon took it's tail, and slammed Hayner with it, making Hayner's arm shift. But he still let go off the arrow.

The arrow hit something, but it wasn't the dragon.

It was Steve.

The explosion, caused Steve to get sent back, and he slammed into the center pillar.

And what happen next, shocked them all.

Steve's body glowed red as he hit the pillar. Then he disappeared in a pixelated puff of smoke, then his body disappeared, as a bunch of the resources that he had collected, erupted out from the area, and all around them. "STEVE!" Sora yelled. Hayner was speechless. He seriously didn't mean to do that.

"Don't worry guys, Steve is going to respawn. Just... back home. Not here-" Alex said as she quickly tried to save Steve's belongings, trying to dodge the dragon from hitting her with it's tail.

But Sora barely heard her. He wanted revenge on the dragon. "Sora! Calm down!"

But Sora didn't calm down. He was so angry, that his poor heart couldn't take it, and he went into his dark form. Alex gasped as she saw it. Even the dragon looked surprised. Sora launched at the dragon, grabbing it, picking it up, then repeatedly slamming it into the ground. Then, he snatched it up, and bashed it into the pillar, then into the ground. But then, the dragon started to vibrate.

"Oh no, his dark form is breaking reality-" Hayner said.

But that wasn't the case at all. The dragon was dead. The dragon exploded with green orbs, and it's body slammed to the floor, almost ontop of Hayner. "Hey watch it!" Hayner yelled.

The dragon was dead. Gone. Finished. Sora finally calmed down, and the darkness left him.

"Sora, that was a little terrifying" Hayner said. "It happened again didn't it...?" Sora said. Roxas nodded.

Sora sighed. At least the dragon was no more.

Just then, they heard a dark, sounding laughter. Roxas blinked. "Um... what was that?"

Sora shrugged. "I don't know, it sounded like the Dark Fi...." Sora froze.

Everyone gasped. Just then, there it was. It appeared out of thin air. "Wow. Talk about giving into the darkness. Never seen that even from the darkest of foes I've seen in my time. Even by my standards" It said.

"What do you want?!" Sora yelled, summoning his Keyblade. Roxas did the same, and Alex got out an axe.

"Oh, you know what I want Sora. Your Keyblade. Or to be more specifically, your light.... or, what's left of it.... apparently. "

"Well, you sure seem to have a lot of that" Sora said, sarcastically. looking at how the Dark Figure was covered with darkness from head to toe. "I think you mean, some-" The Dark Figure said, pointing to the giant letter, that was on his chest. "What?" Sora asked.

The Dark Figure chuckled. "I'd fight you, but I've been feeling tired."

"You never fight me! Or any of us! You always let someone else, or something else do it for you!" Sora snapped. "You're right. Because if it was just me and you, I'd kill you all in not even a second. I... don't know my own strength sometimes.." He chuckled, evilly. Sora clenched to his weapon. "Sora... we need to do something... attack it or something-" Roxas whispered.

"THUNDAGA!" Sora quickly yelled. The Dark Figure dogged out the way. "Didn't think I'd hear you Roxy?" The Dark Figure said. "Hey! Don't call me that! Only Hayner is allowed to!"

It smiled. You could barely see it's face, but you could see some outlines of it. "Well, I'd stay and fight.... but, I'd love to see what you'd do with a heartless dragon-"

"A WHAT?!" Sora yelled.

The Dark Figure, aimed his arm directly at the dragon, and a dark mist circulated around the dragon, and a pink orb, levitated out of the dragon. It's heart

When Yen Sid said these games are being connected, he seriously meant it literally. The inhabitants of the other game worlds, are following Kingdom Heart's shoes, and starting to have hearts of their own. Sora tried to attack the Dark Figure, but it blocked Sora's attack. There was nothing he could do, to stop the Dark Figure from corrupting the dragon's heart. Soon after, it was filled with darkness, and it started to hover, and a heartless symbol appeared on it's chest.

There was now a heartless dragon, they had to take on.

 

Notes:

Heartless Ender Dragon? What could be wrose?

Chapter 14: The Heartless Dragon

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

 

Sora clenched his keyblade, as he saw the heartless, of what was once a dragon, levitate off of the ground, with dark mist covering it, and falling off. The Dark Figure smiled, then vanished, for Sora, Alex and Roxas and Hayner to deal with. "Come on guys, be ready!" Sora yelled. The dragon spread open it's wings, and flew down towards them. Sora raised his keyblade up, and blocked it's attack. But the dragon was powerful. Even more than before. The attack, blew Sora to the ground, making him fall, and he came crashing down to the ground, dropping his keyblade.

The dragon, quickly got up, it barely was fazed by Sora's block. And it took this time to attack Sora while he was lying on the ground. "Sora!" Roxas yelled. "I got this!" Hayner said as he shot another one of the arrows at it. The explosion helped, as it sent the dragon flying back. "We've have got to figure out a new tactic, and fast! I'm almost out of exploding arrows!"

Roxas looked at Hayner, and saw that Hayner only had three left. There was no way the dragon was going to go down to just those three. "Then me and Sora have to use are magic... Sora?" Roxas turned around only to see that Sora was still knocked out. "Huh?" Roxas said, very surprised. "Sora, are you alright?!" He had never seen Sora get knocked out before, from a heartless. "Wait... I got it!"

Roxas aimed one of his keyblade up in the air. "HEAL"

A green mist flowed around Sora, as a green flower opened over him. Sora got up. Roxas sighed in relief. But then there was a problem. "Oh no...." Roxas said. Hayner looked at him. "What?"

"I used Curaga... I used up all my magic- and I don't have any Ethers...." Roxas said. Hayner face palmed. Then he looked back at Sora, who was getting up. "Wow... thanks Rox"

"Sora, you need to use as much magic as you can on this thing!" Roxas said. "I've ran out!" The dragon was ontop of one of the damaged pillars, growling down at them. Roxas gasped. "Sora, think of something!"

Sora was so stressed at the moment, he wanted to cast fire, but ended up casting a entire different spell.

"WATER!" Sora yelled.

The water traveled through the air, then splashed into the dragon.

"RAWRRRRGGGGGGG!" The dragon, reacted to the water in a very strange way. It's as if it was taking very, very serious damage to it. The dragon lost It's balance, and fell of of the pillar, and slammed onto the floor. Roxas was confused. "It's... weak to water?"

Sora smirked. "This is the way out." He aimed his weapon. "Stream!" He yelled. Then a blob of water splashed out of the tip of the keyblade, then slammed into the dragon, reacting in the dragon falling over, acting like the water was acid to it. It moved around it place, as the water was draining off of it, then.....

It dropped to the ground. Then it withered away in a black mist, and it's heart left It's body.

The heartless dragon was defeated.

Sora sighed in relief. "Guys, we did it! We did it!" Sora exclaimed. "Yeah we did! Wait... where's Alex-" He said looking around. Sora blinked. "Um... I don't know...."

Then, right infront of them, shined a portal, inside the center pillar. Then, ontop, was an egg. "Guys look! And egg!"

Sora ran up to it. "Wait, Sora!" Roxas yelled at him. But Sora didn't listen, and touched it. But then it vanished. "Huh? Where... did it go?" He asked, looking around. "That's weird... it's like it vanished..." Hayner said. They all looked around, until Sora saw it on the ground a few blocks away. "There it is!" And of course Sora ran to it. Roxas sighed, as he just wanted to hop in the portal and get away from this place.

Sora touched it, but then it vanished again. "Oh come on!" He snapped.

But then it reappeared only this time, in the air. Right above Hayner's head. It crashed down on Hayner, making him fall. "OOF!" he yelled. Sora snorted, then put his had up to his mouth, giggling. "Sora, really?!" Hayner snapped. Hayner touched it, but then it vanished again. But the it appeared beside him. "Why it keeps on doing that?" Sora asked. He walked over to it, then kicked it, but then it broke, and turned smaller.

Kind of like what what the blocks do, when Steve or Alex breaks them. Sora realized, and tried Roxas pick it up, while it was that size. "Yes! Got it!"

"Now what are you going to do with it?" Roxas asked, folding his arms. "Give it to Steve of course! It'll be like a reward for defeating the dragon"

Roxas shrugged. "I guess we can do that"

****

Sora, Roxas and Hayner both emerged out of the mineshaft. "Ah, fresh air!" Sora said. "Man that sun is blinding after being in that dimension for so long..." Hayner said squinting.

"Guy's, you've made it!"

Sora looked infront of him, and saw Steve and Alex coming towards them. "Guys! You're ok!" Roxas said. "Alex, where did you go? You vanished?"

"That thing... that dark guy it basically kidnapped me" Alex said. Sora gasped. "It kidnapped you? When?! And how..."

Alex nodded. "I guess you didn't see. But, I had to fight him. It was difficult, he doesn't react to swords that much. Think he got bored, that's why he left" She said. "Alex is pretty tough, I'm sure she managed fine" Steve said. Then, he noticed Sora holding the egg. "Uh... what's that?"

"He found it on the center pillar once we defeated the dragon." Roxas said. Steve took it, to look at it. "Oh... wow... this is an egg!" He said.

"An EGG?!" Alex yelled. "Yes!" Steve responded. "It might hatch a well dra-" Just at that moment, there was a crackling sound coming it. Every gasped, then looked at the egg. A piece of it broke out, and a small head poked out. It was a baby dragon. "Awe... it's so adorable!" Sora said with his eyes glowing at the baby dragon. "I'm gonna name it Steve Jr." Steve said.

"What? Steve, we can't have a drag- ....Really? Steve Jr?" Alex said blinking. "Hey, it's the best I could come up with!" Steve snapped. Alex shook her head. "But we can't own a dragon!"

"Why not? Along as we train it from a hatchling, he'll be big help! Maybe we can ride him all over the place, and fly around!" Steve said. "We can train him!"

Sora nodded. "Yeah that seems like a good idea" He said.

Alex sighed. "Well, I guess. Just don't let it wonder off, like what you did to your dog" Alex said.

 

"We'll never stop talking about that incident, will we?" Steve grunted. 

Steve looked at the egg that was in his hands, at the young dragon, who was sitting inside the egg still. Parts of the egg fell off, and then Steve saw something glowing inside the egg.

Steve turned it over, trying to get it out, while trying to not make the dragon fall.

The glowing object fell out, into the palm of his blocky hand.

It was a oval shaped stone, with blue crystals inside of it, with some red ones and grey ones. "What a peculiar shape-" Steve said. Sora blinked. "That doesn't look like it belongs here"

Sora took it from Steve, to take a closer look. As soon as Sora took it, there was a weird wind that over took him.

"Woah... what the?" Sora looked around, and saw that there was just purple around him. And all around him, was some of the blocks, that's in this game world. They where floating around a space like area. "What? Where am I? Where is everyone?" He was alone. He still had the stone with the gems in his hand. He looked up, and saw that there was a keyhole in front of him.

Sora gasped.

Then he looked down at the object in his hand. "The gem...."

Sora summoned his keyblade, then aimed it at the keyhole. Then magic flowed around him, then a beam shot out of his keyblade, and into the keyhole. The sound of a lock, echoed trough the air. Sora smiled. 'This world is now safe'

***

Sora appeared back at the spot he was. With Steve and Alex looking confused. "What just happened-" Alex asked. Sora was about to speak, but then a door appeared right beside them. Then, it opened. The door back to the Game Hallway.

Sora looked back at Steve and Alex. "What we came here for. Your world, is now safe" he said. "So... You're going to leave now?" Alex asked. Steve peaked inside of the door, that was opened. Alex noticed. "Steve get back here-" She said. "This world has a lot of.... strange shapes-"

Alex dragged him back in.

"Well, we shouldn't keep you. You all should continue on your journey" Alex said. Sora nodded. "Yeah." He said.

"Oh... I heard Hayner said he was hungry... so here-" Alex reached into her inventory, and got out a whole stack of cookies. "Here, for the rest of your journey" She said. Sora's face lit up. "Thanks Alex!" He said smiling. Alex returned the smile. "If you ever want to vist us again, don't hesitate to" She said.


****

"Wow... that was an adventure-" Roxas said. "I'll say" Hayner said. Sora turned around, walking backwards looking at his friends who was behind him. He took a bite of one of the cookies. "I know right! I wonder if all of Mark's games will be like this-"

"To be honest, I hope some of them will be simple, and easy. At first I thought that Minecraft game of his was going to be really easy" Roxas said. "Tell me about it!" Hayner said. "One look of those blocks, told me 'hey, this is gonna be so childish and simple'." He said. "Never judge a book by it's cover" Sora said.

They all stopped. "So... what should be pick next? We have to do all these doors eventually" Roxas said. Sora looked around. Until one caught his eye. "What is that with the eyeball-"

They all looked at it. The door was made out of stone, and had an eyeball, looking at them. Also, made out of stone.

The name didn't show up on the screen, as since no one been in there yet. "I don't know, Eye The Game?" Hayner jokingly said. Sora chuckled. "Lets go in-" Sora walked up to it, then opened the door.

And all of them walked into this new game...









Notes:

This is the end of the Minecraft game segment. Sora and is friends, preced off to the next game.

What do you think the next game will be?

 

How did you all enjoy the Minecraft game segment?

Chapter 15: (New Game) Pizzeria

Notes:

Okay, so here is the scoop. For those of you wondering why the Little Nightmares II chapter has vanished off of ao3's existence, I have deleted it.

 

I can explain. I have had a massive writers block with this story due to that one game. Sora, Roxas, and Hayner were all supposed to go to that game right after Minecraft. But at that time, I was not too familiar with Little Nightmares II. I only did it because someone requested me to do it, but for some dang reason my brain just said "Let me shut off" and I could not FOR THE LIFE of me, figure out how to combine my version of Sora, Roxas, and Hayner with the story. It hit me so dang hard, because I wanted to finish what I started, and my body just was put in a frozen state, and I left this story abandoned for over a damn year. I have had a lotttt of other plans for other crossovers, and I had let this writers block control me. I am sorry.

I might come back to it, once I actually do beat the game, just not at the moment.

This is going to be FNaF.

Will it be perfect? No. FNaF's lore is not perfect anyways. This will be my own twist on how I THINK the lore should go, with minor changes due to these three Kingdom Hearts characters being there meddling with the world.

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Ok... So what do you think this game will be?" Roxas asked, standing in front of the door.

The game door had what seemed to be a bear, in a top hat. It could of meant anything.

"Well, we wouldn't know by just sitting here talking about it," Sora said. Roxas agreed. "Sora's right," He said. "Let's just head inside,"

Hayner sighed.

Roxas looked back at him. "Come on, we gotta get these gems anyways, stop being lazy. At least you got those arrows from Steve,"

Hayner nodded.

Sora was up at the door. He looked down at the handle, then placed his hands on it.

He opened the door.

Roxas and Hayner walked up behind him. "Uh... What is that?" Roxas asked.

Beyond the door, was a lush meadow, with small hills in the distance. "Maybe it's a peaceful game?" Hayner asked. "I hope it is, I don't want any problems."

Sora stepped inside. Roxas and Hayner followed.

The door shut, then it materialized away.

No turning back now.

"Come on, let's walk," Sora said.

They all walked forward. They had no idea where they were going. It was all just meadows, with some flowers. The sun felt warm, but it wasn't too hot. It felt comfortable. But it ended up looking the same each more they walked. It's like the hills in the distance weren't getting closer.

"Geez. We've been walking for ages! I'm literally so thirsty-," Hayner whined.

Sora decided to play a prank on him.

He was in front of Hayner, so he didn't see the slight smirk that was on Sora's face. "Sure, I got some water," Sora stated.

Hayner quickly looked up. "Huh? Wait- when did you have water?"

"Right here-," Sora turned around and aimed his keyblade at Hayner.

"Stream!" He yelled; the tip of the keyblade glowed, then in a millisecond before Hayner would be able to jump out of the way, he got engulfed in a blast of water shot from Sora's magical weapon.

"AHH!" Hayner yelled.

Roxas couldn't help himself, and he erupted in loud laughter. "Oh my god! Sora, that was freaking priceless!"

Sora laughed along with him.

Hayner wasn't amused. "Roxas that wasn't funny!"

"Hey, you did say you wanted water!" Laughed Sora.

Annoyed, Hayner shook his head, splashing the water all over everyone. "Haynerrrr!" Roxas yelled.

"That's what you get," Hayner snapped. After that, he looked up. He saw something in the distance. "Huh? Are those doors?" He asked.

Sora looked. Roxas did the same.

There were a few doors lined up together. It was a few steps away. They had to walk closer, to get a more suitable look.

They did. Once they neared them... they saw that they were ordinary doors. But they all know that they didn't fit here. "This has to be a clue about where we can find the gem," Sora said.

Roxas looked at them. "4 doors lined up? There is nothing on the other side as much as I can see... do... do they lead somewhere? Like, dimensionally?"

"Must be," Sora tried to open the third door, but it was locked. So, he went to the first one. He was about to try to open it, but he heard Hayner make a gasping sound.

Both Roxas and he turned their heads to look at Hayner. "Uhhh? What is it?" Sora asked. Sora was certain Hayner was losing it, but then he saw that Hayner was looking down.

So, he looked down.

There was... a small bear.

A golden bear, with a purple bow tie and a purple top hat.

"O-Oh..." Sora said. The tiny bear looked adorable. Sora kneeled since it was small. "Who are you?" Sora asked.

"That thing almost gave me a heart attack!" Hayner yelled. "I just turned my head, and it's like it appeared!"

Sora ignored Hayner and tried to talk to this thing. He wasn't sure if it could speak, but then... it said: "Hello, I'm Fredbear!"

The small little bear looked like it was made out of plastic. They also looked like a small robotic toy. "Is that a robot toy?" Roxas asked. The bear looked up at Roxas.

"Well, you could say that,"

"Um... where are we?" Sora asked.

"You're in fazbear hills, Sora," it said.

Sora nodded. "Oh, Fazbear hills? What's tha-... Wait..." Sora stopped talking. He didn't exchange his name with this world's resident. "You know my name?"

"Oh. Sorry about that. I was eavesdropping on your conversations when you came from that door. You three said each other's names," it said.

Sora nodded. "Oh, right. That's understandable," he said.

"You... You know about the game door?" Roxas asked.

"That's what it's called? Interesting. I saw it appear, then when you three came in, it disappeared," Fredbear said. "What is it exactly?"

Sora blinked, then looked back at Hayner and Roxas. They already told Steve and Alex about the game worlds, and about Mark. Maybe the 'world order' isn't too strict with the Game Dimension, but letting everything and everyone know about it, can seek to be dangerous. So, Sora for once in his life tried to not make anything obvious that he was from another world.

So... what did he do?

Just acted as if he stumbled upon finding the door.

"Hmmm... Interesting," said Fredbear.

"That door was one thing, but what the hell are all these?" Roxas asked, pointing to the 4 doors.

"Oh, those? No idea. But I can feel some... strong energy coming from them. They... don't feel pleasant," said Fredbear.

Sora looked back at Hayner and Roxas. This is where they had to go.

"Then we're going in," Sora said. Before anyone could do anything, Sora opened the first door.

"Huh?" Fredbear asked, in a subtle surprised tone. "I said I don't feel good energy from it, why is your first extinct to go inside?"

"Because this is Sora," Hayner bluntly stated

Sora looked down at the bear. "I... um... maybe I can help with what's going on in there. All of us," he said looking back at Hayner and Roxas.

Fredbear blinked. "A-Are you sure?"

"When Sora says something, it's hard to change his mind," Hayner said. Sora rolled his eyes because of what Hayner said. He looked back at them. "Come on, let's go,"

Sora stepped inside.

Hayner and Roxas followed. "Uh... it was nice talking to you... um... Fredbear," Roxas said.

They walked inside and shut the door behind them.

Once they stepped inside and got a better look around everything...

It's like they walked into a different dimension. Literally.

"Is it just me... or does the vibe of this place kind of look like Mark's world?" Roxas asked.

Directly in front of them, was a street. And across the street, was a large building. It looked like it was a restaurant of some sort. It was a little late in the afternoon, and you could see inside since all the lights were on... It was packed with kids. Arcade Machines were littered throughout inside, with as much was visible from where they were standing, and tables where some kids were eating pizza.

They all looked up, at a neon sign, that read:

Freddy's Fazebear's Pizza -Where Fantasy and Fun Comes to Life-

A little worded text below it stated that it was formerly Fredbear's Family Diner

There was a lot to take in. "Ok... where the hell are we?" Roxas asked.

"Pizza?! Ooh, can we go in for some pizza?!" Hayner yelled.

"Well... I guess," Sora said. He stared at the subtext below the sign. "Fredbear's Family Diner? Wasn't the little bear we saw, the name was Fredbear?"

"Oh yeah, you're right!" Roxas said. He looked behind him, to open the door again, but he realized that the door was gone. "Uhh, ok.... what? When did that go?" He asked. Sora looked forward. "Come, on, let's go," he said.

They all followed him.

They crossed the street and walked up towards the restaurant.

They all we're a little hungry anyways. Would be wise to fuel up a little, before they start to go hunting for the gem.

Sora was about to open the door, but he wasn't paying attention to someone who was running up to the door.

"Hey, Sora watch it!" Roxas gasped.

"Huh?"

There was a loud bash into the door. Sora let out a startled gasp and quickly turned his head back to the door. A small child seemed as if they were running out of the restaurant. They were visibly sobbing. They were running down the street.

"Uhhh... Is that kid ok?" Roxas asked, feeling a little concerned.

"He seemed insane if you ask me," Hayner said.

"Dude, it was a kid. Someone or something probably frightened him," Roxas said.

Inside the restaurant, Sora could see someone walking around, seeming like they were looking for something... or someone.

"Guys, maybe that's a dad of his or something,"

Sora quickly up to the door, opened it, then walked inside the restaurant.

"Hey... are you looking for someone?" Sora asked.

The guy was looking underneath a table. He heard Sora, then turned his head to face him. He was wearing what seemed to be a mask.

A fox mask.

The guy seemed frozen for a second. After a few seconds, he took his head from underneath the table, stood up, and faced Sora. He took off the mask, revealing a teenager like Sora.

The expression on him was complex. He looked confused, but... a hint of judgment. "Why... are you clothed like an anime character, you dork?"

Sora was a little taken aback by that. "Uh... I..."

Sora felt a hand on him, he turned his head and saw Roxas, with Hayer walking up behind him.

"Sora are you alright? Who's this? Does he know about that kid?"

The guy looked at Roxas and Hayner, then turned his head back to Sora. "Why do you all-... ugh, never mind. You said you saw a kid? What kid?"

"A kid who ran out from the store, crying," Roxas said.

"Ugh, of course, he ran out crying,"

"Is he a friend of yours?" Sora asked.

"He's my brother," the guy said.

They all heard the door open, and they turned their heads.

An older man walked in, with the same kid. The middle-aged man, wearing a purple vest, had his hand on the child's shoulder.

"Chris, please, you can't stay home. Stay here," the man said. "B-But daddy! Michael is bullying me with his Foxy mask!"

The man kneeled down to Chris's level. "That's something you and your brother need to work out. I've told you many of times I'm working on a special Animatronic for the sister location of Fazebear," The man said. The kid seemed like he wanted to listen to his father, but he still didn't want to stay. "Come on, you're at Freddy's. I own a partnership here, so the candy is always on the house for you and Michael. Just don't go overboard with it." The man reached into his pockets. "Here. 20 dollars. Go and knock yourself out with the arcades,"

The five-year-old sighed and took the money from his dad.

The man looked up and saw Michael and Sora and his friends. "Michael? Who are these three with you? I've said only two guests, not three."

"These three dorks? I don't know them. They're not with me,"

"H-Hey!" Hayner snapped, offended that he called him a dork.

The man turned his head back to Chris. "Go on, play some arcades," he turned his head to Michael. "And you. Play with your brother nicely. Don't be an asshole, Michael,"

Michael scoffed as he saw the man turning around, to leave the restaurant.

Sora knew what this type of kid is. "You were bullying him? That's why he ran out crying! How could you do such a thing?!"

"Yeah," Roxas said.

"That's so not cool," Hayner said after. Michael side-eyed them a bit, rolled his eyes, and walked away, just after putting the fox mask back on.

"What an asshole," Roxas said.

"Tell me about it," Sora said. "Where did the kid go? Let's go see if we can comfort him or something?"

Roxas nodded. "Yes, let's."

 

 

 

 

 

Notes:

What you all think?

Yes, I did choose Evan's non-canon name. I personally find "Chris" to suit him better than Evan. "Chris Afton" has a better ring then "Evan Afton" in my opinion. Guess the fandom has better taste in making names.

 

If you may be wondering why the story might not be 100% canon to FNaF itself (Since this is a dimension based on the game owned by Mark) You can say that even the Video Game Hallway got confused with the lore and spat out random AI.

Chapter 16: Where Fantasy and Fun Comes to Life

Chapter Text

The restaurant was crammed with children. All of them were sitting at tables, stuffing their faces with pizza and treats. "Well... everyone seems happy here," Roxas commented.

Sora nodded. "Yeah, they do. I wonder if they do birthday parties here,"

"They most likely do," Hayner said. "I think the group of those kids over there are having one."

A table next to them had about 10 kids, and they all had party hats on. Sora noticed that most of the tables had decorations of what seemed to be cartoons. "What are those?" He asked.

"I don't know," Roxas said. As they were walking in between the tables, they walked right up to a stage.

Sora stopped and stared at what was on the stage. "Woah..." He said.

It was two golden robots. A bear and a rabbit.

Once Hayner and Roxas came up, they both gasped.

"Is that-"

"Fredbear?" Sora finished what Hayner was going to say. "It looks like him,"

"It is... look-," Roxas pointed to a sign next to the stage.

"Welcome to the stage, the one and only Fredbear and Spring Bonnie from the closed Fredbear's Family Diner! They both are here to give you all their lovable warm magic! Freddy, Bonnie, and Chica are currently undergoing maintenance and will be absent from future shows until further notice. Foxy will still be able to give you his ARRG-riffic pirate songs in Pirate's Cove. Make sure to sail the high seas with Foxy The Pirate-Fox!"

"So... this place has Animatronic mascots? Cool," Roxas said. "Really cool," Sora said.

In the corner of his eye, Sora saw Chris walk into a separate room. "There's Chris," Sora said. He got up and walked over to the door.

Once his friends caught up, they saw that it was the arcade the room led to. The sounds of all the 8-bit notes and beeps and boops echoed throughout the room.

Chris was over at one part of the room, putting some coins into a Pacman game.

Sora walked up to him. "Chris?" Sora called out. Chris was about the grab the control stick but then looked behind him. "Huh?"

"Uhh... are you doing ok?"

"Yeah, are you?" Roxas asked after.

Chris blinked. "I... I guess? Do... I know you?"

Sora shook his head. "No, you don't us. We just saw Michael being mean to you. We... do you want our help?"

Chris looked into Sora's eyes, blinked, then turned back to his game. "I don't like Michael. He's always really mean to me,"

Sora looked at Roxas, and Hayner, who both shrugged.

Sora walked to the arcade that was next to the one Chris was at. It was a racing game. Sora sat in the chair and faced the 5-year-old.

"What does he do? He doesn't hurt you physically does he?"

Chris shook his head. "No. He... He knows I don't like Fredbear,"

Sora tilted his head. "What do you mean?"

Chris looked at Sora. "Daddy... he... kinda owns this place. He has built the robots. He designed Fredbear. He used to be in Fredbear's Family Diner. It closed recently, but... they brought the robots to work here while Freddy, Bonnie, and Chica are all getting repaired. I don't do well with mascots. They terrify me, and Fredbear... makes me really uncomfortable, and Michael knows this..."

Sora felt bad for him. "So... Michael teases you about your fear?"

Chris shook his head. "No... He... forces me to always go near him,"

"That's messed up," Roxas said folding his arms.

"Why does your dad not do something about that? Someone needs to put Michael in his place," Sora said.

"He has... I don't believe he likes Michael very much. But Michael never listens. I think daddy wants me to stay with him, but... he's so busy making Animatronics, and stuff..."

Sora sighed.

"Your dad seems very cool though. Robot maker? And not an evil one?"

"Are you talking about the story you told us about when you went to Christmas Town?" Hayner asked Sora with a chuckle. But then Roxas nudged Hayner's arm. "The order!" He whispered loudly.

"S-Shit..." Hayer quietly said. But Chris thankfully didn't take much notice of it, and just continued to play his Pac-Man.

"Chris! Bloody hell, what is with you? Why are you always so scared of these lifeless metal animals?"

Chris gasped, looking back at Michael, who was walking towards him.

Sora narrowed his eyes at Michael. He stood in front of Chris, who was still standing at the arcade. "Why don't you stop bullying your own brother?" Sora said.

"Yeah," said Roxas as he also did stand in front of Chris.

Michael stopped and looked at the Kingdom Hearts characters.

"You three idiots again? Who the hell are you?"

"Someone who is working to be Chris's real friends. You as a brother are supposed to protect your little brother. Not make him develop phobias,"

"Idiot, I'm trying to make him overcome his phobia! The idiot's scared of Fredbear. The only way to make him not scared is to force him to be near it!" Michael yelled.

Sora looked back at Chris to see if he was doing alright. Sora didn't see it before, but there was a plush toy of Fredbear sitting on the arcade machine. Chris grabbed it and hugged it. It looked like Michael's yelling, didn't help his anxiety. Then, he got up.

"C-Chris?" Sora asked as he saw him walking away.

Sora went to follow him.

***

Chris ran out of the restaurant. Sora ran after him, followed by Hayner and Roxas, thankfully Michael didn't follow them.

"Chris!" Sora yelled out. He finally caught up to him. "Chris, please stop!"

Chris stopped and looked behind him. Tears were streaming down his face from his eyes.

Sora couldn't help but feel bad for him. His brother was clearly tormenting him a lot. "I'm not going back! So don't make me! I'm going home,"

"B-But your dad said-,"

"I don't care!"

Hayner caught up with Sora.

"Sora, what's the matter?"

"What do you think genius? His brother is such a horrible older brother to him,"

"He is it seems like," Roxas said.

But, Sora wanted to help. Chris wasn't allowed back home, because his dad is working on something, but what if Sora said something about the situation? He could change his mind.

So, Sora caught back up with Chris and started to walk with him. "I can try and talk to your dad for you. Roxas and Hayner will too,"

Chris stopped and looked at Sora. "...really?"

Sora nodded. "Yes," he said with a smile.

****

Chris knocked on the door to the house.

Roxas, and Hayner both stood nearby. Sora was next to Chris. The door opened, revealing that same man.

"Chris? I told you to stay at-," He noticed Sora and the rest. He arched his eyebrow. "You three? So Michael did have a third guest when he wasn't supposed to,"

"Sorry sir, but we are not friends with Michael. We just came to visit ourselves. We just... saw how Michael was treating Chris," Sora said. The man sighed. "Yes... I know."

"Daddy, why can't I stay with you? You let my sister stay!"

"That's because Elizabeth nags me so much, I eventually caved, she always wants to see my work. You know this," the man sighed. "Come in,"

Chris smiled and ran inside.

"You all as well," He said to Sora and his friends.

So, with little hesitation, they walked inside the home. The living room was a little big. There was a kitchen on the right and a few doors on the left. Probably went to a few rooms.

"How did you three find out about Fazbears?"

Sora looked at him. "Oh... uh... um, well, it's getting popular, isn't it? Wanted to check it out," Sora came up with a quick lie. He was fairly surprised once he found out the man bought it.

"Yeah, since the closure of Fredbear's Family Diner because of the rather strange missing children incident, was pretty surprised how quickly it came back to light,"

Sora, Roxas, and Hayne exchanged looks. "M-Missing children?" Roxas asked.

"Yes. But I think it's all a hoax. Anyways, my name is William. William Afton. No need to call me Mr. Afton or Mr. William. William will be just fine,"

"I heard from Chris that you designed the robots?" Sora asked.

William nodded. "Yes. An old friend of mine, Henry helped to fund the place. But I have the mind to make the magic. He runs the bills, and I run the income if you get my drift. I make the magic with the restaurants,"

They continued to talk, but then a girl came out from a room. "Daddy, please, when can I go see her-" She stopped talking when she saw Sora and the rest.

William sighed. "For the last time Elizabeth, you can not. She's... unstable. I don't want you getting hurt,"

Elizabeth pouted and walked back to her room.

"Elizabeth, where are your manners, at least great our guests-," William said.

She sadly looked at them. "H-Hi..." She said as she walked into her room.

"Bloody hell this child," William said, rubbing his face. "Sorry about her."

"It's alright!" Sora said with a smile. "Sounds like she just wants to see her dad's creation,"

"Yes, and only if it was that. The robot I've made is a little unstable, and it's not ready to be shown to anyone. I don't want my daughter getting hurt by it," William said.

Roxas nodded. "I understand what you mean."

Sora looked around. He was looking for Chris, but Chris was nowhere to be seen. "Where's Chris?"

"Probably is up in his room. You're all welcome to go to him if you'd like,"

Sora nodded. "Thank you!"

The three were about to go up the steps, but then William said something else

"Since you all love the pizzeria, how about a tour later?" William asked.

"A tour?" Sora asked.

William nodded. "Yes! I can take you all backstage to show you how the old spring-lock suits function. It's pretty educational, and fun. I kid you not, it's rather interesting."

"Sounds fun!" Sora said.

"Sure I'd be up for that," Roxas said.

"Not gonna lie, Sounds interesting. Spring-lock? What's that?"

"I'll explain it all to you at the restaurant,"

****

"This is going to be tricky to find the gem. I still don't even understand how this can be a game to Mark. This is vastly different from what Minecraft was," Sora said to his friends as they traveled up the stairs.

"I know," Roxas said. "I can't even pick up what genre it is. Minecraft, it was a little blunt and obvious,"

"All I got so far is Bullying: The Game," Hayner said.

"Mark's too pure to play something like that," Sora said.

"We just gotta try harder,"

Just then Hayner's stomach growled. "And please, let's actually get the pizza when we go back, I'm starving,"

"Maybe the gem's in the pizza!" Sora said with a small giggle because he was joking.

Roxas giggled along with him. "Just our luck Hayner swallows the gem and then it's lost forever in his stomach,"

"Ok, ew. No way am I ever going to fish a gem out of a toilet," Sora said.

Hayner rolled his eyes. "Yeah, real funny, guys. Just keep making jokes while I starve," 

 

***

 

They were finally on the second floor.

A few rooms were up there, and one room had kids drawing on it. "Must be Chris,"

Sora knocked on it.

He waited for a bit. But then, Chris opened it slowly. But when he saw that it was Sora, he opened it wider. "Oh, it's you... I should have known, Michael never knocks. I thought all of you left,"

"No, we wanted to check on you,"

"Thanks..." Chris said. "You all seem very nice."

He let them into his room. There were a lot of stuffed toys all over the place.

There was a bed at the side, a closet at the front, and two tours on either side. The other door leads to a closet. And the door on the left was the door Sora and his friends walked into.

It looked exactly like how a 5-year-old's room should look like. But, it really looked like something close to Mark's world. So, Sora figured that probably the game is just made to look like it.

"Those are my friends over there. I love my plushies. But this is my favorite-," Chris showed them a golden bear. "Isn't... that Fredbear?"

Chris nodded.

"I... thought you hated Fredbear?"

Chris nodded. "But, I like the plush,"

The plush's eyes shined for a moment. Sora squinted. Did... he see that? No one else did it seemed like. Hayner and Roxas were just talking to Chris normally.

"You alright?" He heard Chris say.

Sora looked at him, then nodded.

Chris continued to keep on showing Sora and the rest of everything that was in his room. But then... Sora heard scratching sounds coming from the closest that was on the other side of the room.

At first, Sora felt scared, because he was sure it was just him hearing this now, but then he saw everyone turn their heads. "What was that?" Hayner asked.

"Maybe something fell over in there. I'm... not really one to keep my closet tidy,"

Chris walked up to the closet. He opened the door-

Then-

RAWWWRRRRR!

A Fox jumped out from the closet.

"AHHHH!" Chris shrieked in horror and ran to Sora, and hid behind him, he started to cry because of the sudden scare. Even Sora and everyone else got scared.

It was Michael, wearing the Fox mask again.

"Michael!? When the hell did you come in here?!" Sora yelled.

"Hahahha! The look you dorks faces! HAHAHAAHAHAHA!" Michael laughed.

"That wasn't funny man!" Roxas yelled.

"Yeah!" Sora yelled.

Michael took off running, pushing them out of the way, and ran down the room, and the steps.

"Hey! No running in the house!" They heard William yell at Michael from downstairs. There was a three-second pause then-

"Wait... when the hell did you come in here?"

"Exactly," Hayner said to his friends. "When did he come in here?"

Sora turned around, then crouched down to Chris's height. He placed a hand on his shoulder. "You alright?" He asked. Chris nodded. "I think so," he said, wiping his eyes.

"You three still up there with Chris? We gotta go If you still want that tour. Fazbear is going to close in an hour and I gotta lock up. Chris, you stay here and please don't let Michael trouble you,"

"Alright! We'll be down in a sec!" Sora said. He looked back at Chris. "We gotta go for a bit, will you be fine?"

"I survived this long, I'm sure I can get through one day without dying,"

 

Chapter 17: Horrible Brother

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

They were back at the restaurant. William was waiting for them. Most of the restaurant had cleared out. It was just William and a few leftover children.

"Welcome to the unofficial tour of Fazebears!" William said with a smile. "Right this way!"

He directed them over to a room. "This is the back room," He said. "We call it Parts and service."

"This is where we fix the Animatronics," he said.

"Well, that makes sense. Can't expect the robots to be working all the time,"

William nodded. He opened the door. Once the door was fully open he flipped the light switch.

Inside the room, was a total of 4 robots. Spring Bonnie, but there were also three extras that Sora and the rest hasn't seen. Fredbear was still on the stage.

A brown bear, a blue rabbit, and a yellow chicken.

"A bear a rabbit and a chicken?" Roxas asked.

"Yes, these are Freddy, Bonnie, and Chica. I designed them myself. But, it seems there was some fault with the wiring," William said as he walked up to Freddy. All of the bots stood lifeless. "There was a deadline, with how fast Fredbear was to be closed, I knew I had to make new animatronics to start over. That deadline rushed me, and I think it make me cock up the code in them. I have yet to sort it all out. Thought I was done for, but I guess salvaging the old Fredbear and Spring Bonnie was the best thing to do,"

Listening to him, sounded interesting. So, they wanted to know more. Especially about the older robots.

"Ok, so these are what's called, spring-lock animatronics. The endo skeleton and the suit are one. I invented them to save money,"

Sora tilted his head. "Save money?"

William. "Yes. My intention was for the fact of "horrible days". I wasn't the first person to make a place like this. There have been other places that had setups similar with robot mascots. And they always failed on one thing- when the robots malfunction, that's it. Shows over. Next thing you have, is crying children, and upset parents demanding their money back- so, I invented the spring-lock,"

William walked over to Spring Bonnie. He pressed a button, then-

SNAP

A loud sound came from inside the robot. "The spring locks are on now,"

He took off the head of the animatronic and opened the chest cavity, which then opened the arms and the legs.

William then slipped inside it.

Then, the doors closed.

Spring Bonnie waved his arms. "Hellooo!" William said. "Oh! So... you can wear it?" Hayner asked. "That's cool!" Roxas said.

"Yes!" William said happily. "All thanks to the spring locks. It causes the endo skeleton to contract outward towards in inner walls of the suit, and it is then held by springs and then locked, hence the name 'Sping-Lock'. It allows a fully grown man, such as myself to be able to slip inside... Robot malfunction? Not to worry, the show must go on!"

"That's really cool! Can we try it on?"

"Oh no, not at all,"

"Awe," Sora said.

"The spring-locks are a little unstable. I probably shouldn't even be talking so much. Any wet moisture, when in contact with the locks, can cause it to spring back into place. Allowing the endo skeleton to be stabbed into you from every possible angle,"

"Oh... oh shit..." Sora said with his eyes widening a little bit.

"Yeah," William said with a chuckle. "It's a very AGGGGERRGGGA" Screamed William, as he vibrated, and shook as if something was penetrating him.

Sora, Hayner, and Roxas gasped at it. "W-William!"

William started to chuckle. "Haha, just messing with you,"

Sora and his friends just sighed.

"But that's what can happen. Hasn't happened... recently," He took off the mask, then the rest of the suit.

Sora looked at the suit. Then, at other robots.

He saw something a little weird on the robots. There was a weird red stain on most of them. "Uhh... William? What is... all of those?"

"All of what?" He turned around. Sora pointed to Freddy. "That red stain."

Hayer and Roxas looked at it. "Yeah? What is that?" Hayner asked.

"Red stain? What red- ... Oh... u-uh... t-that's grape jelly. Some... little bugger split his jam all over the robots,"

"Then why don't you clean it?"

"It's... It is stained into the fabric of the robot... it's hard to clean off. They don't make jam like how they used to. Bunch of preservatives and chemicals in them, turn them into glue I'm telling you," William said.

Sora and Roxas looked at each other.

Then, Hayner remembered that he was hungry, due to his stomach softly rumbling, only he heard it. "Come on... guys the pizza?" He whispered to Sora and Roxas. They nodded.

Sora walked ahead. He was going to open the door. He was also going to say bye to William-

But when he tried to open the knob, it wouldn't turn.

Sora tried again, but then he realized it was locked.

"Sora what's wrong?" Roxas asked.

Sora ignored Roxas, and looked directly at William, who had his back turned.

"William... the doors locked. Why... did you lock it?"

William just stood there.

Then... his hand slowly reached into his pockets and pulled out a knife.

Sora's eyes widen, then quickly looked at Roxas and Hayner, who both looked just as shocked.

"I can't believe it was this easy," They heard William say. "All I had to do, was lure you in here just like the last ones-... and it went easier...."

William turned around to face them. "I felt like I connected with you all... But.. I.... I still have to-,"

He stopped talking as to him having 3 keyblades and a bow aimed at him, from three boys who were looking at him with grave expressions. William froze. His eyes drifted down their weapons, then back at their faces. "W-What?"

"What do you plan to do with that knife?" Sora asked, arching an eyebrow.

"Yeah. That whole 'jam story' was so real huh?" Hayer said, pulling back at the bow, ready to release it in case of anything.

"Those missing children were because of you, wasn't it?" Roxas asked, staring at him.

"U-Uh... I..." William said.

They were all prepared for what happened next.

William took off running at them with the knife.

But Sora set off a magic spell, same with Roxas, and Hayner let go from the exploding arrow.

Firaga, Thundaga, and the exploding arrows, all slammed into William, sending him flying back as he slammed into the wall.

"OWWOCH!" William howled in pain as the impact of all three blasted his back into the parts and service walls.

Thing is, it shook the room.

Someone was outside. And they heard the impact. "The hell? What's going on in there?"

Not taking his eyes off of William, Sora quickly tapped his keyblade on the doorknob and opened the lock with the keyblade. The door quickly opened, and Michael came running in.

He saw William lying against the wall and saw Sora, Roxas, and Hayner aiming thier magical weapons his father.

He stared for a moment. Then he turned around.

"These dorks are in here doing a fucking larp," He said, then left the room.

Sora quickly looked back at William- who was knocked out.

Sora just looked over at Roxas and Hayner. "I was not expecting this..."

"Neither was I...." Roxas said after. "What should we do?"

Sora shrugged. "I don't know,"

"No- No! NOOO Michael! Let me goooo! Stoppp!"

There was the sound of someone screaming outside. And it sounded close to Chris.

Sora didn't really want to take his keyblade off of William, but he had to see what was happening. He glanced out from the door, and he saw Michael practically dragging Chris behind him.

"W-Wha?! Michael! Why are you doing that to Chris?!" Sora yelled out.

"What? What's he doing?!" Roxas asked.

Sora had to go out there.

Then, Roxas and Hayner didn't think that at least one of them should stay with William.

Sora ran out the door.

Michael stood in front of the stage, then stepped up. Then, he hoisted Chris up. Chris was thrashing and punching Michael, and crying. "Noooo! Don't put me near Fredbear!!!" He bawled.

"Awe come on lil'bro, don't you want to give Fredbear, the golden attraction a big ol' kiss??" Michael said with a laugh. He shoved Chris up to Fredbear. He didn't even just have Chris put his lips up to Fredbear. He reached over, pulled down on the mouth of the robot, and shoved Chris into the robot's mouth.

By now, Chris was really stressed and traumatized. He was screaming, and crying, trying to get out of the robot, but he couldn't.

And frankly, Sora was also stressed at what was happening, who just arrived at the stage. "Michael?! The hell?! Why are you doing this to him?!"

Roxas and Hayner were just behind him. "Dude, take him out! God damn, you and your father are both sickos!"

"Geez, calm down! It's just to build his character! It's not like I'm going to kill him! I'd never do that! And what about my father??" Michael yelled.

"Dude. Take. Him. Out." Sora said sternly to Michael.

Michael grunted. "Okay,"

Michael stepped up to Fredbear, and put his hands on Chris' legs. "Stop shaking you dumbarse," Michael said. He pulled on his legs to take him out, but it was difficult with how Chris was situated inside the mouth.

He did another yank...

Then...

CLAMP

Chris's screaming stopped.

Sora, Roxas, and Hayner stared. "What happened?" Sora asked.

Then... there were drips of blood leaking from the mouth of Fredbear.

Michael stood in shock.

Sora stood in shock. They all stood in shock.

"No... N-No...noo..." Michael repeatedly said.

Sora put his hands to his mouth. He had no words for what just happened. No one did.

Tears started to drop from Michael's face.

"You... Y-You... YOU KILLED HIM!?" Sora yelled.

Michael started to cry. "I- I didn't mean to!" He yelled as tears came down harder.

"Oh, my god..." Hayner said.

Then...The ground started to shake.

"W-What the?" Sora said. All of the Kingdom Hearts characters seemed to be aware of this, but Michael wasn't. He was still crying over Chris's dead body.

The entire area was glitching in code and had bad textures. Until the entire area exploded- Sending Sora flying. It seemed like a void. Sora was falling endlessly. The sound of ambulance sirens, fire sirens, all were going off. It's like he was also seeing visions of memories... The restaurant shut down. But then- everything went black.

****

Sora woke up with a gasp.

He looked around. It was dark.

'Where am I?' He thought. He quickly got up.

His eyes adjusted to the darkness. "Am I in some living room?" He looked up and saw a light, but it was turned off.

His mind went to think about what just occurred. "Oh no... Chris...." He said sadly. He was such a sweet kid. Sora kind of didn't know how to handle it. It's not like he doesn't know how death works, but that was such a horrible way to go. He has phobias about the robots. And he died to his phobia. That wasn't a pleasant way to go.

"Roxas? Hayner are you near by?" Sora called out.

Pisshhhhhhh aaaaaaaaa

He heard a faint whisper. Or was it breathing?

He turned his head to the left. In the darkness, he saw something shiny and huge, duck into the darkness.

He only got just a millisecond of a glimpse.

He felt his heart skip a beat. "R-Roxas?"

"Yeah?" He heard a voice.

Sora was a little on edge, so Roxas who was next to him right now scared him. "Oh, sorry to startle you. Hayner is over here,"

Hayner was sitting on the ground. "Where the hell are we?" He said.

"I... I don't know..." Sora looked back at the spot where he thought he saw something. "Guys... there's something-"

They heard a door close.

It startled everyone. Sora the most.

They had to go investigate.

***

There were two sets of hallways from this living room. The sound came from the one right from where they were standing.

"Look... there's a door..." Hayner said.

"Should we open it to find out what it is?" Roxas asked.

"Maybe..." Sora said.

Hayner went up to the door. He looked behind him at Roxas and Sora. Sora nodded.

Hayner looked at the door, reached over, then slowly pulled it open.

But once he did, he got a blinding light shining in his eyes. "Ow, my eyes!" Hayner yelled.

The light quickly shut off "H-Hayner?!"

After his eyes adjusted... He saw...

Chris?

"Chris?!" Hayner said.

"Chris?! Where?!" Sora yelled. He pushed Hayner aside. "Ow! Hey!"

Sora started to cry a little. "Chris you're alive!" Sora quickly grabbed Chris in for a hug. "I thought you died!"

"Well... I am going to from this tight hug," Chris wheezed.

"How... wait... where are we?" Roxas asked. "In my house.... all of you, get in, now!" Chris grabbed all three of them and pulled them inside the room, and pulled the door up. The doorknob didn't even have a lock.

"Your house?" Sora asked. He looked at the room. "This... Is not your room..." He said.

"Yeah, wasn't your room upstairs?" Roxas asked.

"Huh? No, it isn't. What are you talking about?" Chris asked.

"It... It was. And the living room didn't look like that at all," Hayner said.

Chris started to think. "I... no... this is it? Isn't it? Wait...."

The room started to shake. The area started to glitch.

"What in the hell is going on?!" Hayner yelled out. "What is with the bed??"

The bed kept on glitching. It glitched into what seemed to be a hospital stretcher, then back to a bed.

"It's those monsters outside my door," Chris said.

"What? W-What monsters?" Sora asked.

Hayner arched his eyebrow. "Is something bad hap-"

"Shhh," Chris said.

"What?" Roxas said.

"Shhh!"

Pishhhh eeeeehhhhhhh

"....Do you hear that?" Chris asked them.

"The hell is that?" Roxas asked.

Chris slowly walked over to the door. He nudged it open. He had a flashlight. Sora, Roxas, and Hayner stood behind him.

Chris aimed the flashlight out from the door and turned it on.

There was a giant torn-up blue animatronic rabbit, with blood-red eyes, and sharp shark-like teeth staring at them

There was a giant torn-up blue animatronic rabbit, with blood-red eyes, and sharp shark-like teeth staring at them.

Chris quickly grabbed the knob and shut the door.

"....WHAT THE FUCK DID I JUST SEE-" Hayner yelled.

"Seriously! What was that?!" Sora asked.

Chris opened the door again and shined the light and it was gone. He closed the door. "I don't know. It looks like Bonnie," He said. "It felt like I've been here for years. It never ends. Him and Chica and-"

Eeeeeeee eeee eeeeeee

Chris gasped, then quickly shined his light on the bed, and four tiny little brown robot bears were vibrating on the bed, then they warped out of existence once the light touched them.

Sora just turned his head slowly to Roxas, and they looked at each other.

".... Does Mark have a horror game?" He whispered to Roxas and Hayner.

"I don't like it here," Hayner whispered back.

Notes:

Art by: https://www.deviantart.com/gardunogamer123/art/Nightmare-Bonnie-motion-blur-test-846453209

Chapter 18: It's All Just Gold

Chapter Text

"Chris... Please tell us what that was-?" Hayner begged.

Chris was at the door. It seemed as if he wanted everyone to be quiet. But how can anyone be silent right now? Chris sighed, then looked back at them. "That was Bonnie. I don't exactly know what's been happening. I think I've been here... for hours. It's like it's a nightmare. It's just been repeating itself,"

Sora blinked. "A nightmare?" He asked.

Chris nodded. "There's a clock on my dresser. Every time it reaches 6 am, it resets. It did that 3 times,"

Sora walked over to the bed. Then looked at the clock. It read 1 am. "1 am? So... You have to sit here for over 6 hours?"

"6 hours of getting hunted by that... horrifying robot rabbit!?" Hayner yelled, but... a little bit too loudly.

Once that happened, there were audible stepping sounds, coming from the door on the right. Chris gasped and ran quietly over to it.

Sora, Roxas, and Hayner stayed quietly, as Chris slowly nudged the door open.

He glanced outside, then shined the light down the hallway.

He saw him gasp and shut the door.

"W-What is it?" Sora whispered loudly.

"Did you see it?!" Hayner asked after.

"It ducked behind the wall," Chris told them quietly. "It's... I think it's the chicken animatronic,"

Sora and all his friends looked at each other. "What is happening? What is this game?" Sora whispered to them, quietly so that Chris wouldn't hear them. Roxas shrugged his shoulders.

"It's clearly a horror game of some sort," he said.

"Why did Mark have to have a game like that," Hayner said after.

Sora looked over at Chris, who was looking down the hallway again. He looked back over at his friends. "The least we can do is help Chris. We have our weapons, he just has a flashlight,"

"But... We aren't really supposed to meddle in worlds," Roxas said after.

Sora rolled his eyes. "So? We helped Steve and Alex didn't we?"

"Well, yeah. But that was to just nudge them to do something they were going to do regardless. What if... what if Chris is meant to...," Roxas wanted to say, but couldn't bring it out.

Sora gasped. "Roxas, how could you think that?"

"Sora... We saw him get crushed by that robot. This is clearly his own hallucinations... This isn't even his room,"

Hayner didn't have much to add to the conversation, but when Roxas said that, "Yeah, maybe it is a hallucination... I could have sworn I saw his bed change into a hospital bed,"

Sora looked at Hayner, then grunted. "Geez, not you too. Why would that mean anything?" Sora just shook his head. "Whatever. We all know these worlds don't align with ours. For all we know, the "World Order" doesn't apply really. I'm going to help out whenever I can," Once he said that, he turned away from them, heading over to Chris. There was no changing his mind.

 

But once Sora reached the 5-year-old-

There was scratching at the left door.

The animatronic rabbit was trying to get into the room.

Sora gasped, then ran over to the robot, "FIRE!" He quickly summoned his keyblade, and chanted whatever spell came to his head first. Bonnie was poking his head into the room. It seemed as if his head was scanning for Chris. It looked at Sora and the rest and didn't react, but once it saw Chris, it made a sneering sound. But with the fireball hitting its face, it flew back and fell over.

Sora quickly closed the door.

Chris was still on the other side. He just stared at what happened. "Sora... what was that?"

Sora had to admit. This was going to be difficult. Usually, in the worlds he goes to, even if he can't change his appearance, there is a special magic he has to make people oblivious to the magic he's using. Especially if it's in a world that lacks magic.

These game worlds seem like they can host things just like that. And if Sora's not careful, that could end up being dangerous.

Before Sora could answer Chris, Chica was trying to get into the room. Chris gasped, then quickly shined the light in her eyes, then shut the door.

"Ok, I don't know what that was, what you just did- But keep on doing that!" Chris said. Sora nodded. He looked behind him and saw that Roxas and Hayner were just standing around, in front of the bed. Roxas and Hayner were still unsure of what to really do.

Sora rolled his eyes. He couldn't do this by himself. He wanted either one of them to help out Chris at the right door, but then he saw those tiny robot bears appear on the bed again. His eyes widen, and was about to warn them- But Hayner heard the sounds. The reaction on his face was an expression of horror, and he slowly looked behind him.

"AHHHH!? KILL IT!" He yelled. He quickly got out his bow and arrow and shot the bears.

But he made the stupid mistake of being too close.

He was to close his target. The arrow exploded in pixelated smoke.

The explosion from the arrow didn't just affect the bears, but also him and Roxas. And both of them got flung back and slammed into the closet.

"OOOF!" They both grunted as they flew back into the closet door.

"Guys!" Sora yelled.

Chris looked behind him at the chaos that went down.

"W-What happened?" He asked.

"Owww..." Hayner said as he was on the floor.

"Hayner... How can you be so stupid," Roxas said. Hayner looked up at him. Roxas was ontop of him. He blushed a little. "Get off of me," he said and pushed him off. Hayner sat up and was about to get up, but his hand pressed into something. He gasped and looked to the left of him. He lifted his hand and saw that he was pressing on a little fox toy.

"Oh, it was just a little fox plush,"

"Get out of there, you two!" Chris yelled.

"Huh?" Hayner asked.

Then, in a quick second, Chris left the door, then pulled both Roxas and Hayner out of the closet.

Then he shut the door.

He waited for a few seconds, which left Roxas and Hayner a little confused. Then- he opened it again and shined his flashlight.

There was a nightmarish animatronic fox's mouth wide open, looking at them.

Chris quickly shut the door.

Once Hayner saw it, he got so scared, he grabbed onto Roxas's arm. Roxas looked down at Hayner, then up at Chris, who was still keeping the door closed.

"These... are all the animatronics from the backroom," Roxas said. "Right...?"

They where. The ones that were decommissioned for a while. But how could Chris know about them? They were pretty sure Chris wasn't around much of them, just Fredbear and the rabbit.

But now they had bigger problems. Chris opened the door, and Foxy had turned back into a plush. But, both Bonnie and Chica were trying to get into the room. Only to save themselves, Roxas blasted Chica back with fire magic, and Sora blasted Bonnie back with his ice magic.

Panting, Sora looked behind him, to make sure everyone was alright. Everyone looked like they were ok, but he couldn't even last to look at them properly, because Bonnie was trying to get inside the room again.

"The heck?! Why are they so aggressive?!" Sora yelled. "I don't know?!" Roxas yelled out.

By now, Chris was actually getting terrified. The scratching at the doors, the sneering of the animatronics... He fell to the ground, curdled up into a ball, and started to cry. Sora noticed. He got worried. "Someone, protect him!" He yelled as he slashed his keyblade at Bonnie's face after he was peeking into the door. "Dammit, why these doors don't have any locks?!"

****

One hour later

All at once, it all stopped.

Bonnie stopped clogging down the door, the same with Chica on the other side. It all went silent. Sora looked around at his friends, and at Chris, who was hugging onto Roxas, softly whimpering. "All of you alright?" Sora asked.

"I guess we are," Roxas said.

"Just barely," Hayner said after.

Sora looked at the door and walked over to them after he had pecked out the door to make sure nothing was coming.

"So is it over? It went very quiet," Roxas said.

"I don't see anything outside the door. It's like they got very aggressive for the last few moments there,"

Then-

Beep beep beep beep

Sora looked over at the bed.

6 am

"Wait... it says 6 am? Is it morning?" Sora asked. But as soon as Sora finished his sentence the clock changed right back to midnight. The poor 5-year-old started to cry.

"C-Chris?" Sora gasped. He looked down at him. He looked exhausted and terrified. He hugged him. Chris hugged back.

"It's... It's just going to happen again. It always does. They always come back," He said sobbing.

Sora summed his keyblade. Then, made a determined face. "Then we're going to be here as long as we need to be," He looked at Roxas. "Roxas, you take the right door,"

Roxas nodded. "Got it."

Sora looked at Hayner. "Hayner, you stay in the middle of the room, and check the closet and the bed,"

Hayner gulped. "O-Ok," He said.

Sora looked down at Chris. "Chris, you stick with Hayner,"

Chris nodded.

Wiping his eyes, he went with Hayner. Hayner looked down at him. "Please, don't get too close to me, I don't want you getting hurt by the blast of the arrows," He told him. "A-Alright,"

They all got in their positions.

The next hour has begun.

But they stayed there for a while. Nothing was happening. There was no movement at the doors, no movement anywhere.

The closest was empty, and none of the small bears were on the bed. Roxas and Sora both periodically took glances out the doors, but there was no one. That was even stressful because Chris was the only one with a flashlight. There was only one.

None of them, especially Sora, wanted Chris to get hurt. So he didn't want Chris to really help out like before.

They stayed there so long, that they heard a clock ring outside the door.

 

It was now 1 am.

 

 

 

But... there was still nothing.

It went on like that for a while. It was just quiet. Crickets were chirping outside. You couldn't even hear it before due to there being so much loud noise and stomping and screaming. The air was still, and quiet. No one made a sound. The only sound that could be heard, was Hayner's stomach because he still did not get anything to eat. Chris was hugging onto Hanyer, so he heard the stomach growl, right up in his ear. "A-Are you hungry?" Chris asked, looking at Hayner's stomach. He booped it with his finger, then he looked up at him.

Hayner sighed. "Yeah," he said with a chuckle. "I.. still did not get anything to eat when we were at the pizza place," Sora heard him, then sighed.

"I am so sorry Hayner, I promise to have us eat something once we leave this mess," He said.

"I hope you get something to eat soon," Chris said, just before he poked at Hayner's stomach again, which just resulted in Hayner letting out a small giggle.

 

 

Then, it became 2 am.

 

 

No animatronics.

Sora kept taking glances, he shot a fireball down the hallway to at least see, but there was nothing out of the ordinary as the light traveled down. "Where are they?" Roxas finally asked.

Sora shrugged. "I don't know. Still don't look away. Keep your eyes peeled,"

"There hasn't been anything on the bed," Hayner said. "Or the closet,"

Hayner sighed, then sat down. His legs were tired. Chris sat with him. The only noise going on, was Hayner's hungry stomach. "Okay, your stomach is getting on my nerves," Roxas said.

"Tough luck Rox. It won't quite down unless I eat something," Hayner grunted.

"This will make you feel better-," Chris started to rub at Hayner's belly.

"Chris, I don't have a stomach ache," He said with a chuckle.

"But it still might make you feel better!" Chris said with an innocent look on his face.

Sora was watching them. He only could smile. Chris definitely didn't deserve all this pain. He was just a kid. 'This would maybe be against every rule of the universe, but what if I can take him out of this world, and bring him somewhere else?"

 

It was now 3 am

By now, Roxas's eyes were shutting. He was getting tired. They all were. Nothing was happening. Even Chris was getting tired. Hayner looked down at him. Chris fell to the side and leaned against Hayner. It melted him a little. "Aww," he said quietly. He looked up at the bed. He wanted to put Chris into bed, but he was worried that those small robots could come back.

Hayner looked behind him. "Guys, I think Chris is tired. I want to put him into bed, but I don't think that'll be such a good idea,"

Roxas snorted, and then coughed. "Huh? What? I'm awake!" Roxas said. Sora heard him.

"Ugh, Roxas were you sleeping?!" Sora yelled. Roxas groaned. "I'm sorry, it's just been so slow! There's been nothing!"

"Roxy is right Sora," Hayner said. "We've been here for what, hours?"

Sora sighed. "I don't know. It's just so suspicious how it all just ended like this,"

"Maybe those bots left," Roxas said.

Hayner looked down at Chris and picked him up. He was still sleeping, but he held onto Hayner and hugged him close. He was snoring.

"Well, you seemed to have gotten a liking to him," Sora said.

"Well, what can I say? He's adorable. I'd be lying if I did say I would not want to help him," Hayner said, as he rubbed Chris's back.

The clock chimed again.

 

It was now 4 am

"See? Another hour," Hayner said.

But as soon as Hayner said that-

 

Stomp stomp stomp stomp

 

 

Haw-haw...Haw...haw haw haw hawww

 

Stomping and slow laughter were coming from beyond the doors.

 

Sora and Roxas quickly got altered. "See? Not over!" Sora yelled.

"But why the hell did they take a 4-hour break?" Hayner asked.

Sora looked at Hayner. "Hey, throw me Chris's flashlight," He said.

Hayner looked down and saw Chris's torch on the ground. Trying not to wake Chris, he bent over to pick it up. He chucked it over to Sora, who caught it. "Just give it back to me quickly, alright? I need it for the bed,"

Sora poked his head out the door and shined the light.

He saw something he wasn't expecting to see. An Animatronic wearing a purple bow tie, and a top hat the same color. It was golden, and it was huge.

Sora's eyes widen, and his gasp could be heard by his friends.

"Huh? What is it?" Roxas asked.

"It's... Fredbear!"

All of them gasped. "What? Where did he come from?!" Hayner yelled.

Then... there was breathing at Roxas's door. He quickly blasted a fireball, and in a split second, he saw the face of the golden bear from the light. He quickly shut the door and looked back at Sora with a horrified face.

"Sora... That was the most horrifying thing I've ever seen in my life!"

Just at that moment, the bed started to glitch again.

"Uhhhhh-," Hayner said.

"Here!" Sora yelled, and threw the flashlight at him. Hayner turned on the flashlight, the bed was glitching, and vibrating...

It then turned into the hospital bed again.

"G-Guys... it's the stretcher again!" Hayner yelled.

Hayner felt Chris shift in his arms. He gasped because that meant Chris was about to wake up at the worst possible time leaving him.

Sora looked. "What's happened?!" He asked.

"I-I don't know!" Hayner yelled.

But there were bigger problems.

In the darkness, Sora saw a silhouette of something on the bed. He couldn't make out what it was.

"H-Hayner, there is something on the bed," He said.

Hayner turned to look at it, and Sora shined his flashlight at the bed.

There was a big Fredbear head, that took up the entire size of the bed sitting on the mattress. It had sharp teeth and red eyes.

Hayner made the stupid mistake he made earlier. He got very scared. "Oh shit- SHIT!" He dropped Chris to the ground, and shot the arrow at the bed, but blasted himself back into the closet. Thankfully, Chris was fine.

Roxas heard what happened, and quickly helped Hayner out.

But Fredbear was back in the hallway, and Roxas had to take care of him.

At one point, Chris awoke. And then he saw Fredbear at the door for a millisecond just before Sora blasted it away with the magic.

He got extremely scared. He screamed. And jumped onto the bed. "C-Chris! Get off the bed!" Sora yelled. But Chris didn't listen. He didn't want to move. He was hyperventilating. He saw his fear.... multiplied by 10.

He was crying, and curled into a ball, not wanting to move. Hayner went to comfort him, "Chris I'm coming!" but then the bed started to vibrate. "Ahh!" Hayner gasped at it happening suddenly.

The clock outside chimed.

 

5 am.

 

The bed glitched into a hospital bed again and stayed like that.

But as Sora was trying to keep Fredbear out-

Fredbear smashed the door down. It knocked Sora over.

Roxas and Hayner aimed their weapons at it. "Sora are you ok?!" Roxas yelled.

Sora jumped up. "Yeah!" He then aimed his keyblade at Fredbear.

The horrible monstrosity of a robotic mess stomped over to them.

"Stay back!" Sora yelled. Hayner pulled into the arrow hard, ready to let it rip.

Fredbear looked at them for a moment, then looked towards Chris who was lying on the bed, which was now a stretcher.

"Don't you DARE hurt Chris!" Hayner yelled.

Fredbear turned his head back.

Then... it glitched, then turned into a plush.

The Kingdom Hearts characters stood there for a moment, then looked at each other very confusedly.

Hayner lowered his bow, but Sora nudged him. "Don't. This might be a trick,"

Sora thought he was right when he saw the plush's eyes glow.

But then- it started to talk.

 

"....Who... are you... three?"

Sora and his friends looked at each other.

"I said... Who are you three?"

Sora aimed his keyblade at the plush. "Why do you want to know?"

Then what seemed to be a ghostly figure, rose out of the plush.

It seemed to be a little girl.

They all blinked. Sora and his friends were all surprised. And shocked. It was a ghost.

"A ghost!" Hayner yelled and shot the arrow, but it went right through her and just slammed into the door.

"Nice work idiot," Roxas said.

The girl glanced at Hayner for a while, then back at Sora and Roxas.

"I'm going to ask you again. Who. Are. You."

"... I'm Sora," Sora said. "This is Hayner, and Roxas."

"You don't look dead," said the ghost. "How did you enter into Chris' mind?"

Sora and all of them looked at each other.

"What? What do you mean?" Sora asked.

The ghost girl flew toward Sora and stared into his eyes. "Uhhh..." Sora said.

"I can sense you don't want to hurt Chris. Or... anyone for that matter,"

"Do you... Do you know Chris somehow?" Roxas asked.

She then looked at Roxas. "You could say that. I've been trying to protect him. I've been living in his plush. Now that I'm thinking about it, you were near him trying to get him away from Michael,"

"You... You're Fredbear?!" Hayner gasped.

"Well, yes, and no. The plush toy. I've been trying to guide Chris. I see... that he's..." She looked at the bed. "Now gone,"

"Gone?!" Sora yelled.

The ghost sighed. "I should have helped him more,"

"W-What do you mean he's gone?!" Hayner yelled.

"He's dead. He died by the Fredbear animatronic."

Sora's eyes started to swell with tears, same with Hayner. "B-But he... he was just alive a second ago!"

"This is a dream. A traumatic one at that. He was in this hospital. He's just been having horrible visions before his passing,"

Sora's eyes narrowed. He hated Michael now. And Sora isn't really the type of person to hate someone else.

"It was Michael! The bastard killed him!"

"I know, I'm aware," The ghost said. "The thing I'm wondering is how you're here. You were with him. I saw. And now, as much as I can see... You're still alive. How are you here?"

Roxas looked at Sora. This time, he suggested breaking the World Order. Because, it was probably right to let the ghost know, and Sora was in no mood to talk because he was upset.

"We... are not from this world. We... are like what you could call dimensional police,"

The ghost blinked at Roxas. "Alright... go on,"

"We... have been looking for something that has been corrupting different worlds, and we've been having no luck stopping it. We try not to meddle with stuff happening around the worlds, but Sora over here loves everyone he meets, and always tries to help out. I don't know how we exactly reached here, I'm so sorry we didn't save Chris,"

The ghost studied Roxas's face, and then she looked at Sora. And then at Hayner, who looked at her sadly.

"I see," She said. "And don't worry about Chris. I'm very grateful for your help still. You all at least gave him comfort. Chris slept in your arms, did he not?" She asked Hayner.

"U-Uh... Yeah, he did," Hayner said. "and... It felt like I had a little brother for a moment,"

She nodded. "There's been a lot of bad things happening with the Afton family. And I hate him with every fiber of my being. My name is Cassidy. I died by spring-lock failure. Afton shoved me into Fredbear... and... well..."

"WHAT?!" Sora screamed.

"That absolute bastard!" Hayner yelled.

"Oh... God, we saw his... other robots and how there was blood on them!"

"Yeah," Cassidy said nodding. "It's his sadistic hobby. I want him to pay. But... I don't want to kill him. I want to torcher him in every possible way I can think of,"

Sora looked at his friends, then back at Cassidy. "I... would usually say not to do something like that, but William deserves that! He's a murderer!"

Cassidy turned her head and flew over to Chris. She levitates over his body. Her arms drifted down and pulled his spirit out of his body.

Sora gasped. "W-What are you doing?"

She didn't respond to Sora. She hugged the ghost of Chris, close to herself.

"I will put you back together," She said to him. After she said that, Chris awoke.

But he looked brain-dead.

Cassidy held onto him and flew over to the plush of Fredbear.

"You three... Thank you for your attempts to help. Now, you must go,"

She went into the plush, followed by Chris.

"Wait!" Sora yelled.

But right after Sora said that all of his friends got blasted back, and flew out of a door. They slammed onto the green grass. Keyblades and the bow went flying. Sora quickly summed his keyblade back in his hand and sat up.

He looked up and saw a giant door. He looked to the right and saw three more.

They were back in that hilly place.

"Oh geez! Are you three alright?!"

Sora gasped and looked down to the left of the door.

It was Fredbear.

But that little plastic toy version.

"You all walked inside, I was trying to help, but I heard loud noises! It was bad in there wasn't it?!"

Sora blinked at it. Hayner heard it, he wasn't even fazed by anything at the moment. "Bad is an understatement," He said.

"Tell me about it," Roxas said.

Fredbear looked worried. "Oh no. What happened? Are you all alright? I don't even know who you three are, but don't go dying on me! I just met you people!"

"You know, who is this? Wait... are you, Cassidy?" Roxas asked.

"Cassidy? W-Who is Cassidy?" Fredbear asked, arching his eyebrow. "My name is Fredbear..."

Hayner sighed and then lay on the ground. "I'm confused."

Sora hugged his legs. "Chris... he was so sweet. He reminded me of Mark's little brother,"

"To be honest, he did. At guess, all 5-year-olds are the same," Hayner said. "I wish he could still be alive,"

"He didn't deserve to die," Sora said.

"Died?! W-Who DIED?!" Fredbear yelled with his eyes widening. "What went on in that door?!"

"A lot of stuff," Roxas said. Then, he looked at the remaining doors. "And I think we have to look into all of those, to finally retrieve the gem,"

"Holy shit..." Hayner said. "The first one was intense, what are the rest going to be?!"

Sora sighed. "Mark, baby, why did you have to get this game? God damn, made me go on an emotional roller coaster," he said.

"To be fair, didn't he say our game was an emotional roller coaster too?" Roxas asked.

By now, Fredbear was confused. "What... are you all talking about?"

"I think we spoke too much Sora," Hayner said.

Chapter Text

Standing in front of the second door, Sora looked behind him at his friends. "Guys, come on. Let's go," He said to them. Roxas glanced at Hayner, then nodded.

Hayner sighed, then got off the floor. "Sure,"

"B-But...wait!" Fredbear said. They all glimpsed at him.

Fredbear looked at them worriedly. "Look, I-I don't know who you people are, b-but please be cautious. I think you all know what you're doing," He said putting his hands together. "Do... You want me to come with you?"

Sora looked at his friends, then back at Fredbear. This Fredbear was small. He wasn't any taller than a foot. Sora definitely didn't want him to get hurt. Who knows what's behind this door? "No," Sora said to him. Fredbear looked disappointed.

"Y-You sure?"

Sora nodded. "It would be best to have someone on this side, to look over things."

Roxas nodded. "Yeah."

"O-Oh... Um, alright. Sure," Fredbear said. "I'll stay here."

After that, he stepped away from them, to let them open the door.

Sora opened it, and Roxas and Hayner walked up to him.

Fredbear wasn't the only one worried. They all were. After what they faced in the first door, it could only get worse from there.

Hayner was the last one in, after closing the door, saying bye to the small Fredbear who still looked worried. He looked around the surrounding areas of the overgrown grassy hills, then shut the door.

He turned around. He saw that they were inside a building. He looked behind him at the door, but it disappeared. "You know," he said turning his attention back to his friends. "I knew I felt air conditioning coming into the door," he said.

"Yeah, I think we're back in the pizzeria," Sora said to them. "Look," Sora pointed towards something. It was a little dark. There were few lights on, the place was barren. There wasn't a single individual in view. The only light that was on, was three small lights.

Three lights were at the base of a stage, shining up, aiming to make three animatronics displayed clearly.

A bear, a rabbit, and a chicken with red rosy cheeks.

"Hey... Look, it's the animatronics," Sora said. "The ones that was in the back room,"

Sora walked up to them, and his friends followed.

"Are you sure?" Roxas asked looking at them. He stepped up on the stage. "These... look different,"

"You're right..." Sora said examining them. "These seem to be made out of plastic... and I don't remember them having these red cheeks,"

Sora looked behind him at Hayner. "Right Hayner?"

Hayner shrugged. "The place looks closed," he said.

Sora looked in the direction that the stage faces, at some tables with party hats, probably ready for a birthday tomorrow. "So... we are here alone?" He asked.

Hayner's stomach grumbled, reminding him that it was starving. "Crap, if it's closed, I wouldn't be able to eat anything," he said with a pout. Sora hopped off the stage. Hayner looked at him. "You don't think they left some pizzas out as leftovers, do you?"

Sora shrugged. "I dunno, they probably did. We can go look-,"

Sora got cut off, by a voice, sounding like it was coming from a speaker.

"Who are you three? Fazbear's Pizza is closed! What are you doing here? I made sure I locked up, how did you all sneak around me?"

Hayner gasped, surprised.

Sora and his friends looked around.

"Step closer to the camera, so I can see you," said the voice.

But, Sora and his friends didn't know where the camera was.

"Just walk forward, from the stage," said the voice.

So, they did that. They walked forward, coming closer to something that looked like an animatronic boy, holding a balloon.

Then, there was a bright light shining from the camera, that nearly blinded them all. "Ahh!" Hayner said. "Ugh, this is the second time this happened to me!" He snapped.

"W-What?" Said the voice on the speaker. "How..."

The light turned off. Hayner blinked.

"How what?" Sora asked.

There was a brief moment of silence. Until-

"Come to my office. Now."

Sora looked at his friends, then back at the camera. "Uhh... and where is that?"

"Behind you, then take a left, then another left at the long hallway,"

Sora turned around, after touching Hayner's shoulder. "Let's go, we should take all the help we can," he said.

Roxas followed. "But...," his voice fell into a whisper. "What if this is William, luring us into a trap?"

"Then, we don't put our guard down, for anything."

They took a left, then walked down a small hallway. There were a few doors on the left. But there also were a few rooms on the right, that went to a restroom. But there was a door, in the end, that read "Parts and Service,"

All of them remembered that room. So, not following the person's direction, Sora was about to check in there, but then there was a voice coming from the left of them.

"Don't you follow directions? I said make a left,"

Sora took his hands away from the doorknob and looked down the next stretch of a hallway.

There was a bigger room at the end. Seeming like there was a desk with a desktop computer seated in the middle. On either side of the office, was a vent.

Sora and his friends walked down the hallway.

Coming closer, they saw it was a worker. They had a jacket that had the name "Freddy Fazbear's Pizza," written on a pin, that was connected to the suit. But, the jacket the person had on, had a hood, and he had pulled up. You couldn't even make out their face.

Sora, Roxas, and Hayner were standing in front of the desk, looking at them. The man stood up, slowly.

He just stood there, staring at them.

"How... wait... this doesn't make any sense... Was it some cosplay convention? Are you three supposed to be some anime character? Because nearly 5 years ago, I came across three people wearing exactly this, and... they had your same faces? It can't be...?"

The Kingdom Hearts characters looked at each other. Then, back at the person.

Was this... Michael?

It couldn't be. "Jeremy Fitzgerald" was written on this person's work clothes.

"Uhh... What are you talking about?" Sora asked.

The man stared for a moment.

"....You know what, never mind. Forget I said anything," he reached over to the phone. And started to dial a number. "Who are your parents? They need to come and get you,"

Now Sora was worried. They don't have any parents... at the moment. They're in a different dimension. But, thankfully, it looked like the phone wasn't working.

"What? Why is this bloody thing not-... Why am I hearing static?"

The phone fizzled out, then automatically went to some kind of voicemail.

"Uh, hello? Hello, hello? Uh, hello, and welcome to your new summer job at the new and improved Freddy Fazbear's Pizza. Uh, I'm here to talk you through some of the things you can expect to see during your first week here and to help you-,"

The man stood there for a moment, then-"Ugh!" Jeremy grunted, then slammed the phone down. "They couldn't do anything such as a call? A voice mail to train me. This company sure has gone down,"

He looked up at Sora and the rest. "Well, I guess you're stuck here with me until 6 am,"

Sora stared at them. "....You're not 'Jeremy' are you? Your voice... it's... You're Michael aren't you?"

Hayner and Roxas looked at Sora. "Huh?" Hayner asked, arching his eyebrow.

"What do you mean? Michael, working here?" Roxas asked.

They all looked back at Jeremy who was looking at them.

After a few moments of silence-

"So... You three really are those three I met years ago. Yes, I am Michael," he said.

Roxas and Hayner gasped, but Sora did not.

Sora slammed his fist down on the desk. "You asshole!" He yelled.

"Ahh!?" Michael gasped. "W-What?!"

"You killed your brother! You killed Chris!" Sora screamed at him.

Michael stared for a moment. "Look, that was an accident! I didn't mean to do that!"

Michael shot up out of his chair while saying that. But him doing so, caused his hoodie to fall down.

"I can't believe you-," Sora nearly choked on his voice after taking one look at Michael's face. "What the shit?!"

And so did Roxas and Hayner.

"Dude, what the hell happened to you?!" Hayner yelled.

Michael's face was entirely purple, his eyes were robotic. His mouth was hung together by wires and beams. The look on his face, was slight confusion. "Huh? What do you mean? What do I look like-" He put his hands up to his head, feeling for the hood. He realized the hood was not on.

His confused face turned into a face of terror. "Shit! I... oh God, I'm so sorry, I never show my face anymore,"

He quickly put the hood back on.

Sora blinked. "What... W-What happened?"

Michael shook his head. "Let's just say, my father is to blame,"

Sora's eyes widen. "He did that to you?!"

"Well, not exactly," Michael said shaking his head. "But one of his robotic toys did. After... I was looking for Elizabeth...,"

Sora looked at Roxas and Hayner. "Where... is your dad?"

"I don't know," Michael said sitting back down in the chair. "He's a serial killer,"

"Oh, we do know that," Sora said.

Michael tilted his head. "How... Do you know?" Michael asked. "No one else does,"

"He... tried to hurt us when we were with him at the restaurant," Roxas said.

Michael gasped. "Huh?! When?! Wait... how... did you guys not age in 5 years? You all still look like teenagers!"

Now, Sora and the rest didn't know how to say this at all. One of them was about to say something-

But then there was a sound coming from behind them.

"Uh, the first guy finished his week but complained about... conditions. Uh, we switched him over to the day shift, so hey, lucky you, right? Uh, mainly he expressed concern that certain characters seemed to move around at night, and even attempted to get into his office. Now, from what we know, that should be impossible. Uh, that restaurant should be the safest place on earth,"

 

Wirrrr

Stomp

Wirrr

Clank

Wirrr

Stomp

The guy on the phone's voicemail was still going on. "Move out of the way," Michael said to the Kingdom Hearts characters.

He snatched a flashlight that was on his desk and shined a light down the hallway.

The light exposed the animatronic rabbit, walking into the nearest room on the left. He stopped, to look at them for a moment, but the flashlight fizzled. Michael quickly turned it back on, just to get a glimpse of the bunny turning into the room.

"Uhh... Wait... why is it moving?" Roxas asked.

"Not that I was paying attention, but I think the phone dude said something about them moving at night," Hayner said.

"No," Michael said. He scooted closer to the desk and turned on the monitor. A live camera feed showed up. He flipped a few cameras until he reached the room the bunny turned into.

They were standing near a vent. Michael looked at the screen, then, stood up, looking over a vent that was on the right side of the room they were inside.

"Uhhh... should we be worried?" Roxas asked.

"I'm not sure. There was something my dad used to love to do with these robots... and if this is what it is, we need to be prepared,"

"Prepared? For what?" Sora asked.

"I know we... didn't get off on the right foot years ago, but, considering that you had a run-in with my dad- Yes, he's a murderer," he got out from the desk, staring at the left vent. He turned his head. As he was talking, he threw Sora and his friends some masks. Masks that look like the robot mascots.

"I have figured out that the bots... I think they're haunted,"

"W-What?" Sora nearly dropped the Bonnie mask Michael gave him.

"You can't be serious?" Hayner asked.

"I think they are," Michael said.

He continued to flip through the camera.

He flipped until he came to a camera, that was shining directly into the vent shaft. The plastic animatronic rabbit turned the corner, heading to the opening. "Get ready-," Michael said.

"Get ready? Ready for what?" Hayner asked, with a nervous weak chuckle.

"When Toy Bonnie enters the office, put your masks on immediately,"

 

 

'You see, there may be a minor glitch in the system, something about robots seeing you as an exoskeleton without his costume on, and wanting to stuff you in a suit, so hey, we've given you an empty Freddy Fazbear head, problem solved! You can put it on anytime, and leave it on for as long as you want. Eventually, anything that wandered in, will wander back out'

"One step ahead of you," Michael said.

There was a series of clanging sounds. The noises of the metal and plastic of the robot banging throughout the vents, echoed into the security office. "Ooh geez...," Hayner said nervously and clinged onto Roxas's arm.

There was a sight of bunny ears.

"Now!" Michael whispered loudly to them.

Michael slipped on the Freddy mask, Sora put on the Bonnie mask, Hayner quickly put on the Foxy mask, and Roxas put on the Chica mask.

They all stood still and tried not to move a muscle as Toy Bonnie crawled out of the vent. It stood up, making a series of different whirring sounds, and clanking. It scanned the room, looking at every one. It walked up towards Michael, coming close to him.

No one dared to move.

Toy Bonnie's head started to glitch. Its eyes rolled backward, and it was twitching as a bunch of circuits and servos were making noises deep inside the Robot's interior.

After seeing that, Hayner got a little startled, and make a small gasp.

But that altered the animatronic.

Its head turned slowly over to Hayner. It stood up, and creaking metal joints sounded. Michael was now out of sight from Bonnie, so he did his best hand gestures, to tell Hayner to be quiet.

Hayner tried to. Which was hard with this rosy-cheeked bunny up in his face studying him.

Hayner's eyes were just staring into Toy Bonnie's green eyes.

Eventually, Toy Bonnie looked away. It then walked off. Out from the office through the main hall.

They all watched it walking off, making robotic sounds.

Hayner took off the mask. "What in the hell," He said.

"I couldn't have said it better," Roxas said.

"Dude! Did you see how its head was glitching? That wasn't normal!" Hayner yelled.

"I told you," Michael said as he sat back down in his seat. "They're haunted,"

"But why?" Hayner asked.

"Why do you think? My father killed his victims and stuffed them into animatronics!"

Sora and his friends looked at each other. "That is so disturbing," He said to them. Roxas and Hayner agreed.

"Wait," Hayner said, looking back at Michael. "Speaking of animatronics... is there... any reason you look like one?"

Michael blinked at them.

He looked down.

"Oh... I'm sorry if it was a touchy subject," Hayner said after.

"No... No... I'll tell you. I haven't had anyone to tell this to. Not that I ever planned to... But... it would be nice to get this off my chest,"

My father owned a sister location to Fazbear's. This sister location was supposed to be a rental service. Anyone from anywhere can rent different cute animatronics to attend parties, graduations, and meetings, What have you. Anything you would have wanted an animatronic for. Even if you wanted one to be your friend, whatever. He told me that Elizabeth, my sister was there. And that he needed me to go get her.

I, of course, had questions about why I needed to do this, but he didn't want me to ask questions. Also, it was summer, and I needed some cash. Plus, I was having a rough year, because I-I was recovering... from what had happened to Chris. I needed to balance my life out. So, I accepted his offer... well, demand.

Once I reached the sister location, which was called "Circus Baby's Entertainment and Rental,"

I had to do a lot of... Peculiar tasks. I had to avoid some of the animatronics, which felt very strange...

And Baby, one of the bots, started talking to me. Trying to... guide me.

Until... it lead... into a wrong turn. Baby wasn't trying to guide me. She brainwashed me. She backstabbed me. Baby... was Elizabeth. My sister. Her soul was trapped in the robot, and she needed me.. to be her husk. She fooled me into giving her all the other animatronics...

I found myself in this room called the scooping room. A room supposedly designed to scoop out an endo skeleton out of a robotic suit. Well... Baby did that to me. Scooped out my insides... and stuffed herself inside me.

***

None of the Kingdom Hearts characters believed what they just heard. Roxas and Hayner were a little disgusted and disturbed at what Michael said next.

"What? Scooped you? Like... tore you apart?!" Hayner yelled.

Michael nodded.

"... Ok, I'm sorry, but if this happened, how the hell are you not dead?!" Roxas asked.

Michael sighed. "My dad is a psychopath. He either invented or found out about this... liquid. Remnet,"

"Uhh?" Sora asked tilting his head. "What's that?"

"Anything that remnant is poured over... it'll attract spirits towards it. It's possibly the reason these bots are possessed. There are traces of remnant on the robots," Michael told them.

"Ok... But what does this have to do with you?" Roxas asked.

"I think there was some remnant on the scooper claw. It lodged into me. So... when I was dying... my soul started to leave, but then it got sucked right back because of the remnant. My soul is unnaturally lodged in my body, making me... undead basically,"

Sora blinked, looking at his friends, then back at Michael. "So what you're saying is that you're a zombie?"

Michael blinked. "Never... Thought of it like that before, but if you'd want to put it like that, yes. I'm a zombie."

"I'm... Not going to lie, that's kinda cool," Hayner said. Roxas punched his arm. "What?! Are you insane? This is the opposite of freaking cool!" Roxas yelled.

Michael was scanning through the cameras. "Toy Bonnie went back," he said.

"He did?" Roxas asked.

"Yes. As you can see-," Michael pointed to the screen. "He's over at the stage. Think it's going back on it now,"

"So... Michael? What... are you planning to do?" Sora asked.

Michael turned his head. "Planning to do?"

Sora nodded. "Yeah... with your dad, William?"

"The plan is happening right now. As we speak, I'm trying to track him down,"

"Wait? You don't know where he is?" Hayner asked as he sat on the desk.

Michael shook his head. "No. He left without a trace. Fazbear's has been in some hot water for all those missing children. And no matter how many investigations they do, they can never find out who did it. Still, 'William Afton' is a suspect, but not 100 percent confirmed for the police to do anything,"

Sora thought. "Hmm... Then why don't you tell them?"

Michael looked at Sora. "Really? Come on now. Look at me. Besides, even if I didn't look like this, I'm from the Afton family. They'd suspect me too. It's why I decided to take matters into my own hands and find clues at the establishments my dad owned while faking my name. Jeremy Fitzgerald is what I legally go by now. No one can rope me into the Afton family again,"

"Yeah, you're right," Sora said. "But how they... didn't question why you look like this when you got the job?"

Roxas got into the conversation. "Yeah? How?"

"Well, I didn't exactly show my face. They didn't ask either, which I'm grateful for. I guess Fazbear's has gone down with safety. Even though the robots they designed now, are supposed to have a criminal locator thing-ama-bob," Michael said.

"Criminal locator?" Sora asked

Michael nodded. "Yes. They tested them out. It was rather interesting, I'd give them that. If only that technology existed in 83' Now, it's 87'"

Just at that moment, Hayner's stomach went off, for probably the 100th time they'd been in this video game.

"Are you hungry?" Michael asked.

"He's been hungry since we were with you with Chris," Roxas said.

Michael blinked, then looked at them from the moment. Squinting his eyes, he asked: "You... haven't eaten anything in 5 years?" He asked, blinking.

Roxas quickly changed his wording. "Uh, sorry... slip of the tongue. But, yes, he's hungry,"

"Starving is the better word," Hayher said, rubbing his stomach.

Michael reached under the desk and pulled open a drawer. "Here-," He took out a key.

"What's this?" Hayner asked after Michael handed him a chain, that had many keys on it.

"The silver key is what you need. It's the key to the kitchen. The restaurant has a few pizzas in the freezer they keep overnight. After a day or so, they throw them out,"

Now, Hayner wanted to go eat the pizza. He was starving of course. But... Did that mean they had to go back out there? Out of the office and into the area where these alleged..." haunted robots" Are?

Hayer blinked at the keys. "... I am hungry... But, no way in hell am I going out there alone,"

"I can come with you," Sora said.

"We both can," Roxas said.

"I'll look at the cameras to guide you to the kitchen," Michael said.

Hayner's stomach reminded him that it needed the pizza. "Okay," He responded.

Chapter 20: Pizza

Chapter Text

"Roxas... Hold me... please...." Hayner said.

They were walking through the hallway, which connected to the office.

Roxas just rolled his eyes. "Geez, you big baby," Roxas said with a small chuckle, putting his arm around Hayner, and holding him close.

"What? 'Baby'? Have you forgotten that these bots are haunted?" He asked. At that moment Hayner's stomach grumbled, and the sound of it actually scared Hayner.

Roxas snorted and had to laugh at what happened. Hayner was embarrassed and covered his face. "Did your stomach really scare you?" Roxas giggled, he tickled Hayner on his stomach, resulting in Hayner shirking in laughter for a little bit. "R-Roxas! Nohoho!" He shoved Roxas away.

"Can you two stop flirting up there, and get to the kitchen?" Michael said in a monotone voice from the office.

Sora walked past them. "You heard him~," he giggled.

Roxas rolled his eyes.

Sora walked up to the corner. To the right, was where they were when they first came in.

"Alright, so the kitchen is to the east side," Michael's voice came over the intercom. "Just head past the stage, and you'll see the two double doors,"

Hayner gulped because they had to pass the stage.

"Just be quick about it," Michael said "I can see that the Toys are shut down. So be quick,"

Roxas took Hayner's hand, and walked down the hallway, going away from Michael's natural eyesight.

Sora followed them, into the party room.

They could see the Toy animatronics, looming over them. Up on the stage, they seemed massive. "Geez, those things are creepy as all shit," Hayner said once they cleared it.

"Good," Michael said once they saw them near the door.

"Ok, so you all will be on your own, there sadly isn't any camera in the kitchen. The camera's in the party room all have blind spots that prevent me from seeing the kitchen. A really horrible business tactic, but I guess their excuse is that the kitchen was a new addon,"

"What? So you wouldn't be able to see us in there?" Roxas asked.

"No. But if you leave the door cracked open, you can hear me on the intercom. I'll keep you updated on what the animatronics are doing. They're more interested in me, anyways," Michael said.

Hayner was a little nervous to go inside the kitchen, but Roxas encouraged him to. "Come on, we'll be safe," he said. Hayner looked down at the key, then nodded. "Yeah,"

He unlocked the door and then walked inside.

The kitchen had a lingering aroma of baked pizza. It looked like whatever pizza they had prepared for the day, the smell still was logged into the walls of the kitchen. As soon as Hayner walked in, it made his stomach make the loudest growl it made all day.

"Holy... Woah, dude, that was so damn loud!" Roxas said, with a laugh after.

"It was!" Sora chuckled.

Hayner embarrassedly covered his face. But the smell didn't just affect him, it always affected Sora and Roxas. Both of their bellies went off.

"Ohhh... Um... I guess I'm hungry too," Sora said rubbing his stomach.

"Me too," Roxas said, rubbing his.

"Where do you think the pizzas are stored?" Hayner asked.

"I dunno. Check the freezer maybe,"

Hayner looked around. He blinked. "And where the hell is that exactly?"

Sora grunted. "Geez, do you not know how a conventional kitchen is designed? This is clearly the freezer," Sora opened a random door, and... there were the frozen pizzas.

"... Ok, how did you this was the freezer?" Hayner asked, walking up to it to take them out.

Sora smirked as he held the door open. "Didn't you know that I helped out at the Bistro back in Twilight Town?" He asked.

"Oh, right, I forgot," Hayner said. "Thanks."

As Hayner was sitting the pizza down on the counter-

Michael was trying to get their attention.

"Sora, all of you! The rabbit is heading to the kitchen! Hide!" He yelled.

But they didn't hear him.

Hayner was trying to find the oven-

 

But then they heard-

 

 

Whirrr...

Clang...

Whirrr..

Stomp....

Whirrr....

Clang....

Hayner banged his head from underneath the counter, then quickly stood up. They all looked at the door, to see Toy Bonnie come to greet them at the door.

The robotic bunny stood there at the door. Looking at them.

The bunny shook for a bit.

"Oh god... are we dead?" Hayner asked as he grabbed onto Roxas.

The robot's head went down, then went back up.

"Customers are n*GliTCh*ot allowed in the kiTcH*GliTCH*en," It said in a robotic voice. "Fazbear's Policy,"

Sora and the rest looked at each other.

"What?" Hayner asked.

Then, Toy Bonnie just said the same thing.

"Uh?! Michael?!" Hayner yelled.

"Shit are you all Alright?!" He yelled.

"No!" Hayner yelled. "This damn robot is denying me my pizza!"

"I'm coming! Wait there!"

They assumed that Michael was coming.

Which, he was.

They knew he was out the door... when Toy Bonnie's head turned around.

As soon as Toy Bonnie's head met up with Michael's, it just stared.

"Criminal....," It said. Then it started to glitch. "Crimal..." It said.

Michael sighed. "For the last time! You said this to me when I came in the building! I am not William! I am Michael!"

Then, Toy Bonnie walked out, heading to Michael.

"Michael!" Sora yelled worried. "No! You three stay in there,"

"One of you, chuck me the key!"

Hayner looked down at the key, but Sora quickly took it from him and threw it out the door, Michael thankfully caught it.

What Michael did next, was shut the kitchen door, and locked the Kingdom Hearts characters inside.

"What are you doing?" Sora asked.

"You guys stay in there, and heat up the pizza! I can take the animatronics on my own. I'll be fine," Michael said, as he ran back to the office.

Roxas blinked. "Will... he be ok?"

"I hope so," Sora said.

***

 

Finally, the pizza was done, and Hayner was basically scarfing it down.

"Geez Hayner, take it easy," Roxas said. "Dude, I'm literally so hungry! I've been hungry since we left Minecraft!" He said.

"Maybe next time we should pack snacks or something before we go on adventures," Sora said. "I remember when I used to go to the worlds with Donald and Goofy, I would have gotten hungry at certain spots. At least I used our munny to get certain things,"

"But that's the thing," Roxas said as he took a bite of a slice of pizza. "Mark's game worlds seem not to work like the worlds back home. Our self-changing magic and our munny doesn't work in these places, I don't think,"

"They definitely don't. I haven't even seen a Moogle," Sora said.

"How the hell are we going to get Ethers and Hi-Potions if we can't buy them from the Moogles?"

Sora leaned back against the wall. "Maybe after we are done with some worlds, we have to go back to Twilight Town to restock on supplies," he said to Roxas.

"Yeah, that's most likely what we are going to do," Roxas said. He looked at Hayner. "Dude, you're literally going to get a stomach ache if you eat another slice. At least save some for later," he said with a giggle.

Sora chuckled. "Do you think we should check on Michael? I'm... still very pissed off at him," Sora said. "You know... With Chris and everything."

Roxas tried to open the door. But then he remembered that Michael locked it to prevent the robots from getting in.

"Hold on," Sora said. He aimed his keyblade at the lock, and it opened.

After that, they slowly opened the door. And pecked outside.

Toy Bonnie was on the stage, as so was Toy Chica.

But Toy Freddy was missing.

"One of them is gone," Sora whispered.

"Come on let's go," Roxas whispered.

Hayner was right behind them. "Damn that Pizza was the best pizza I ever had," He said.

They all started to slowly walk. There was no sign of any robots.

They walked past the stage, heading to the hallway, but then a small tiny human-robot holding a ballon, came around the corner, running cutely, but then it slammed into all of them and they all came crashing down to the ground.

"Oww!" Hayner shouted.

Sora quickly stood up, but the robot did at the same time.

"Hello!" The robot said.

"Oh... Um, hi? Sora said.

"Hahaha!" Laughed the animatronic.

Sora looked at its hands and saw what seemed to be batteries.

"W-What?!" They heard Michael scream from around the corner. "That little bugger stole my batteries!"

"Hehehehe!" Laughed the boy, and he ran.

Before Sora or anyone else could react, Sora saw a torn-up Animantronic fox, step out from the Parts and Service room.

It slowly looked down the hallway, then charged down it, heading for Michael.

Sora reacted fast, he stood up, ran around the corner, then summoned his keyblade. "DEEP FREEZE!"

A blast of ice shot out, and slammed into Foxy, stopping him in his tracks. Roxas managed to grab the animatronic boy, and he started to wiggle and squirm to get out of his grasp. But he managed to take the batteries back from him. "Got it!" He head.

Roxas ran down the hallway, they all did, then gave Michael the batteries.

Michael shakily tried to open the back of the flashlight, but nearly almost dropped everything. But, he managed to put it in.

And when Sora's magical magic blast left Foxy, Michael repeatedly shined the light in Foxy's eyes, sending him away.

Michael sighed. "Ok... I'd normally question why you all just... did something like this, but it's been a wild day already. So... I'm just going to say thank you for saving my purple ass," he said as he sat down in his chair.

"What happened since we were inside the kitchen?!" Sora asked.

"The withered bots have come on...look!"

Michael shined his light down the hallway, and there was something that looked off.

"Oh my god! What is that?!" Hayner yelled.

"The old Bonnie. His face has been torn off,"

"That looks freaky!" Sora yelled.

"Get your masks ready. We're in for a hell of an hour," Michael said

Chapter 21: The Ringleader

Chapter Text

The torn-up rabbit came closer to the office. Its entire face was torn off, revealing the bare endo skull that is usually hidden behind a mask. Loose wires were dripping from the roof of it, and it was missing an arm. It was janky when it walked. At each step, it was vibrating and shaking, and twitching. This was one of the animatronics from that back room.

It stood there in the hallway.

"W-What should we do?" A worried Hayner asked.

"Just keep your hands on your masks," Michael said.

The flashlight that Michael was holding, flickered. It flashed, but then when it came back on, they saw that the animatronic ducked into a room.

Michael turned his head to the vent. "It's trying to get in through the vent," he said. "Get ready,"

There were loud metallic thumping, and grinding sounds coming from the left vent duct. Hayner held onto Roxas's arm, but then Roxas tried to back away from him because he was getting irritated with that.

Michael shined his light down the vent, and they all could see the faceless rabbit coming through.

"Now!" Michael whispered loudly.

They all quickly put the mascot's masks on.

Just in the nick of time.

The faceless, right-armless, animatronic rabbit, jankily walked over to Sora first. Sora tried his best to stay still, as it stared at him. You could see directly into its face. The bare endo skull was visible. Its eyes were red, signifying that something was wrong.

The robot was glitching, and twitching.

Probably because the bot is haunted, or that the robot is malfunctioning.

Or probably both.

Hayner was horrified. He was just squeezing onto Roxas's arm. But it was hurting him. At one point, it made Roxas cry out.

All it took was that one yelp.

The animatronic got alerted.

It twitched, as it turned around.

Hayner gasped and let go of Roxas.

No one had any time to react, as the Animatronic leaped off of the ground and jumped at Hayner.

"AHHH!" Hayner yelled as his giant robot, tackled him to the ground.

"Hayner!" Sora yelled.

Hayner tried to push the whithered animatronic off of him. Sora, was behind it, trying to pull it off.

In the process of doing this, Hayner's mask fell off.

But then something strange happened.

The robot froze.

It looked at Hayner, it's head tilted. The red eyes...

... Disappeared.

Hayner was still scared. "W-What's happening?" He asked.

The robot wasn't doing anything, it was just frozen in place.

Sora was still behind it, trying to pull it off of Hayner, but this was a really heavy robot. Michael tried helping, but it was difficult.

At one point, there was a mechanical sound coming from inside the animatronic.

"Huh? What was tha-"

The robot started to get up, but then after doing that, it threw off Sora and Michael from behind him, and they fell over. "Oof!" Sora grunted.

Then, the broken Bonnie just stood there.

It wasn't twitching anymore.

At that point, Hayner quickly scooted away and hid behind Roxas.

"What's happening?" Sora whispered to Michael.

"I don't know-," Michael said. He walked up to Bonnie. He took off his mask.

But, he shouldn't have done that.

When Bonnie turned around and saw Michael-

The red eyes came back, and before anyone could react, the robot punched Michael in his face.

"Michael!" Roxas yelled.

Michael fell over and slammed onto the ground.

Bonnie was walking over to Michael as if it was going to finish him off, so Roxas did some quick thinking.

"STOPZA!" Roxas yelled.

Bonnie froze in place.

"Roxas! Why would you use Stopza?! That probably took out all of your magic!" Sora yelled. He was trying to help Michael up, Michael looked fine at least. But when he heard Roxas chant that magic, he accidentally dropped Michael again. "OW!" Michael yelled.

"S-Sorry!" Sora said.

"I'm sorry! I didn't know what else to use!" Roxas yelled. They all looked at the frozen animatronic rabbit.

"What should we do? The magic won't last!" Hayner yelled.

But that wasn't the big problem.

They heard something winding down.

"What... is that?" Roxas asked looking around.

Sora also looked around. It sounded like it was coming from the monitor.

"Something is sounding like pop goes the weasel...." Hayner said.

Michael quickly got up and went to check the monitor. He sat in his chair and flipped through the cameras.

Sora came to look. "What's going on?" Sora asked.

"Shit... shit... shit!" Michael yelled.

 

"Huh? What is it?!" Hayner asked, worriedly. The look on Michael's face was sending everyone into a slight panic. Michael quickly rummaged through some papers. "Damn! The phone... the guy on the phone said something about a music box... But I didn't take much notice of it!"

"Music box? What music box?" Sora asked.

"There is a music box that belongs to this puppet that's in the prize corner... They said something about winding it up-,"

In the camera feed, they saw something that looked like a long, slinky marionette, slowly floating out of a box.

Then, Pop Goes The Weasel started to play faster.

"W-What is that?" Hayner asked as he was now looking at the screen.

The song started to play faster, as the puppet started to slowly float out of the box. Sora's eyes widen as he watched it. "Um... Should we be worried?"

The puppet turned its head, looking at the camera. It glitched a little, then drifted forward, away from the camera view.

Michael frantically swapped the camera, to the hallway. They all could see the puppet floating down.

Michael grabbed the flashlight and shined it down the hallway, but he didn't react in time, as of which the puppet entered the room, and lunged towards Michael. "ARRRGGGGGG!" The puppet which should be inanimate, screamed as it shoved Michael into the wall.

"Michael!" Sora yelled, summoning his keyblade. He aimed it at the puppet.

"AHH! Get this off me!" Michael yelled, trying to push the possessed creature off of him.

Sora was about to cast a spell on it, but then he felt Hayner violently tapping his shoulder. "S-S-Sora...-" He said, his voice sounding shaky.

Sora took a quick glance at Hayner, then at what Hayner was looking at. He gasped.

All of the animatronics were behind them in the office. They all stood around staring at them all.

No one knew what to do.

But then the puppet slowly rose off of Michael.

"The others are under my protection," a voice came from the puppet. It sounded like the voice of a little girl. The puppet-animatronic took a small glance at the other animatronics that was behind them.

"No- No! Get away from me!" Michael yelled. The puppet looked back at him

"I recognize you, but I'm not afraid of you, not anymore."

Michael slammed his fist on the ground. "I am not who you think I am!" He yelled. "I'm not that bastard who was once called my father!"

But the puppet didn't seem like it wanted to listen to Michael.

Sora decided he needed to help out. While Roxas and Hayner kept a watch on the group of the other animatronics behind them-

"He's right! He's not William! He's trying to help-,"

The puppet instantly turned around to Sora and came up directly to his face. "I don't know who you are, but you need to stay out of my way," They said. Sora gasped, staring into the black, soulless eyes of this marionette.

Then-

An alarm went off.

The puppet and all the other animatronics fell to the ground. Every one of them. As if, they deactivated. The puppet slammed onto the floor just at Sora's feet.

"Ahh!" Sora gasped, backing away.

"Uhh... What just happened?" Roxas asked.

"It's like they all turned off," Hayner stated.

Michael slowly got off the floor and brushed himself off. Then, he looked at the monitor. "It's 6 AM," He said.

"I-It is?" Sora asked surprised.

"Yes," Michael said.

"Soo... Uh, why did they all fall over?" Hayner asked.

Michael flipped through the cameras. "My working theory is that they all lose consciousness after 6 AM," Michael said. Then he turned his head and looked down at the puppet that was laying on the floor. "Tsk... Look at the pain my father brought on these poor children... trapped in a machine,"

"I-Is there something to do about this?" Sora asked.

"I don't know," Michael responded. "First thing, is that I have to track him down. I need to find him. I need to find him before he causes more trouble,"

He stepped around the desk. "You three wouldn't mind helping put the animatronics back, would you? Management will fire me for sure if they see all the animatronics in my office like this. And I need to stay more nights to get more hints on my father's whereabouts,"

Sora nodded. "Sure!"

"Sora?! What?! I am not touching these haunted robots!" Hayner screamed.

"They're deactivated silly," Sora said.

"Well, I did say that was only a theory," Michael said.

"It's fine," Roxas said. "We got our keyblades."

Hayner sighed. "Fine."

****

So they helped Michael place the animatronics back in their positions. The older models went back to the parts and service room, the toy animatronics went back up on their stage. "This one's kinda cute, to be honest," Hayner said as he placed down the animatronic holding a balloon.

Roxas giggled. "Better be careful, it might be cute on the outside, but he'd want to secretly kill you,"

Sora was still in the office with Michael.

"Uhh... Where does this one go?" Sora asked, looking at one animatronic that looked like it had seen better days.

"This one... Is Funtime Foxy. Or... well, was Funtime Foxy. The other workers refer to her as The Mangle," Michael said.

"The Mangle? Why?" Sora asked.

"Well, just look at her. I don't try to get near some of the day-time guards or workers, but I've talked to a few of them to get some information on things, they've told me-," He looked over at Mangle. "That... the children made her this way,"

"Made her that way?" Sora asked tilting his head. "What do you mean?"

Michael sighed. "Well, it goes like this- Funtime Foxy was an attraction for children in the little play cove of hers, but-, You know how some kids are, can't keep their little hands to themselves. The children started to tear her apart, and every night the workers had to put her back together again. They got sick of doing that every night, then... left her like that. Turned her into some... take apart, and put back together attraction,"

Sora blinked. "Uhh... Isn't that a little too... dangerous for kids?" He asked confused.

Michael nodded. "Yes. That's what I said. They should have made it supervised instead, and turned it all into a class to learn about animatronics,"

Michael stepped up to Mangle. "Okay, you get the other end,"

Sora went to the other end of Mangle, and both of them picked the animatronic up at the same time.

"Geez, this one is heavy," Sora said.

"They all are," Michael said.

They both slowly walked out of the office, while both were carrying the robot.

"Hey-," Sora said as they both walked out of the room. "I'm still upset at you, with Evan,"

Michael sighed. "I am too Sora. I am too. I don't think I can ever forgive myself," he said, shaking his head. They both rounded the corner and walked down the second hallway. "I can't... I can't stop having these nightmares," He said to Sora. His facial expression changed. Despite his face being completely withered, and with wires stitching his mouth together, you could tell that he was very much in a lot of pain.

"I'll never forgive myself for that moment in my life. One just doesn't... get over the fact that they accidentally murdered their little brother," Michael looked like he was on the verge of tears. He looked so much in pain, he had to stop walking and set Mangle down.

Sora slowly dropped the robot to the ground along with him.

He honestly felt bad for Michael. Although he was also mad at him, he could tell that Michael was deeply sorry about it all.

Michael covered his eyes with his hands. "I was such a horrible brother," he sobbed into his hands. "If Dad was right about one thing, it was that. I'm a horrible person,"

"Hey-," Sora said as he placed his hand on Michael's shoulder. "Horrible person? You're not William. He's a horrible person. Not you,"

Michael just sobbed. "I feel like I'm crying... but... I'm not. I should be dead... but I'm not. My body is a decaying mess. This... is what I deserve,"

"Michael... If it makes you feel better... I think... I think Evan is in good hands," Sora said.

"What? Are you going to say the afterlife? Sorry, but with how everything is going, the real world is the afterlife. All these souls wouldn't be trapped here if that were the case," Michael said.

"No... I..." Sora sighed, just as he was about to tell Michael their biggest secret.

"You... are aware of what we can do right?"

Michael looked up at Sora, from his hands. "You mean those key things? They... are keys right?"

Sora nodded.

Michael blinked. "Are... You from the afterlife?"

"What? No... But.. we are from another world."

Michael tilted his head.

"A different dimension,"

Michael's eyes widen a little. "A... Different dimension?"

Sora nodded.

Michael looked a little shocked. "Wow... I... well, I guess that can explain why you can use... magic?"

"Yes. Anyways, we are here to help seal these dimensions. Because there's been this dark entity that has been seen lurking around these different pocket worlds," Sora then got cut off by Michael.

"Wait... Dark entity?"

"Yes. We... We don't exactly know its name. We just call it the Dark Figure. It's been terrorizing a world we went into before this. Normally... We are not supposed to meddle with worlds, while we try to fix things like this, but our shielding magic doesn't work anymore. So, I just think it'll be wise to let you know,"

"Well," Michael started. "Just be careful telling other people. They probably won't take to that too kindly."

Sora nodded. "Yeah."

Michael looked down for a moment, then back up at Sora. "Um... so... What was that you said about Evan?"

"Oh! Well, We saw him... in something like a dreamscape..."

Michael arched an eyebrow. "Dreamscape? You went into a dream of his?"

"Y-Yeah... this might be traumatizing for you, but... it was a nightmare when he was in the hospital," Sora saw a sad expression come on Michael's face. "We just found ourselves there. We don't exactly know what caused us to be there," he said. Sora then sighed. "The number of terrors he dreamed about. All of them were animatronics... just... nightmarish."

Then he saw Michael staring at him.

"I know, it's a lot,"

"Nightmare...Animatronics?" He asked.

Sora nodded.

"Strange..." Michael said. "That sounds like my dreams... But I kept seeing this animatronic... that had dark flames on it. Red eyes... and-"

Sora gasped. "Oh shit...?! Did it have a letter on its chest?"

"Letter? Um... None that I remember no. But... Oh God Evan saw that dark-looking animatronic bear too?!"

"Well... No... He saw this golden bear. That revealed itself to be a ghost by the name of Cassidy,"

Michael tilted his head. "Cassidy? Ghost? What?"

"I know," Sora shook his head, "it's a lot. She claimed to be William's first victim,"

"What?!" Michael yelled.

Sora looked at him. "Yep. She... took Evan with her as a ghost. I think he's in good hands. I think at least,"

"Were... did she take him exactly?"

"Into some plush. A plush of fredbear,"

"Crap... I don't know where to find the older animatronics. I think they all were scrapped," Michael said. "Or the plushes. A plush of Fredbear would be an antique by now," he said, but then corrected himself. "Well, not exactly an antique, but certainly very rare indeed,"

He looked down at Mangle. "Come, let's get this bot back in her cove,"

"Yeah," Sora said.

They both picked the robot up.

"So... When do you all leave?" Michael asked and they continued to walk.

"You mean to another world?"

"Yes,"

"Well, we have to find a gem," Sora didn't mention the other doors. Especially not the small Fredbear who was probably waiting for them worriedly. "The gem helps to seal the world from the Dark Figure,"

"I reckon you don't have to leave just yet then?"

"Nope, as far as I'm aware," Sora said. "So we probably might stay another night with you,"

"I wouldn't mind. The company, I appreciate it. I'll give you all some free passes, so management doesn't question who you are when we reopen for the morning,"

Chapter 22: A Bite

Chapter Text

Sora and Hayner sat Mangle down in her designated spot.

Roxas and Hayner were in the kitchen because Hayner was stuffing his face with more pizza. After all, he was hungry again.

"Geez dude, are you really hungry again? If you keep this up you're soon going to lose all your abs," Roxas said with a chuckle.

"Ugh, shut up Rox," Hayner said.

Michael turned and looked behind him. "What are those two going on about in there?" He asked.

Sora chuckled. "They're always bickering,"

Just at that moment, they heard the front door open. Michael and Sora peeped out from the corner of Kid's Cove. There was a man in a purple suit with the name "Freddy Fazbear's Pizza" on a name tag that was pinned.

"Michael? Who's that?"

"Crap," Michael said. "It's the day guard. He also sucks up to the manager's ass. Always treating me like he knows me better than anyone," Michael tighten his jacket and made sure his face was covered. He was about to leave Kid's Cove, but the day guard came over at that moment.

They noticed Michael standing there.

"Jeremy?" The day guard asked. "You should have left already, it's my shift now."

"S-Sorry," Michael said.

Then the day guard noticed Sora. "Uhh... Who's this?"

"Huh? Who?"

"The kid right next to you. Don't play dumb with me Fitzgerald," The day guard responded with a serious look on his face, folding his arms.

"O-Oh! This... This is...," Michael looked over at Sora. "My son! Yes, my son, right, Sora?" He just stared at Sora. Sora caught on and figured that Michael wanted him to play along.

"Y-Yeah! I'm Sora! Nice to meet you!" Sora greeted him.

The day guard looked back at Michael.

Michael just stared at him. "Uh... So, yeah! You're allowed to bring the family as free members right?"

"Yes. Yes, you can. Just as long as they don't interfere with your work,"

Just at that moment Hayner and Roxas came out from the kitchen at the wrong possible time.

The day guard of course noticed. "And who are these two?" He said.

Hayner slowly looked over at them, as he was holding a slice of pizza. "Uhhh..." he said.

"My two other sons!" Michael quickly said.

"I'm your son?" Hayner asked confused.

"Michael, what?" Roxas asked.

Michael tried to shush them.

The day guard looked over at Michael. "Michael? Why did he call you Michael?"

Michael quickly looked at the day guard. "That's my nickname!"

There was a small awkward silence. The day guard blinked. "Your name is Jeremy, and... your nickname is Michael? And your sons call you by your nickname and not 'dad'?"

Michael was about to say something, but then he saw the day guard shaking his head. "If I called my parents by any name other than 'mom' or 'dad' I would have gotten a beat down. Must be a British thing, whatever,"

"Hey!" Michael yelled.

"Listen, Jeremy. I know you're the night guard, but I need your help with something,"

Michael wondered what it was. "With what?"

"I need your help with Mangle. We need to fix it finally,"

"Fix it? How am I going to do so? Aren't the kids just going to damage it again?"

"No, not in the way how we are going to fix it this time. Come with me, let me show you," The day guard turned from him.

Michael looked behind him at Sora, Roxas, and Hayner. "You three, go and play some arcades or something, I'll be back,"

Sora nodded. He looked at his two friends and walked over to them. "What was all that about?" Hayner asked.

"I don't know, they're going to do something with Mangle, that broken robot," Sora told them.

"That's its name? Fits it, to be honest," Roxas said.

"That robot looked so messed up, why is it even in service?" Hayner asked.

"Michael told me the company for the restaurant just lets kids take it apart and put it back together," Sora said. "It's... I don't find that safe, to be honest."

"Neither do I-," Roxas said arching his eyebrow. "The hell?"

***

The day guard shut the door to Kid's Cove, once he and Michael went inside. Michael stepped over toward the messed up disaster of an animatronic fox.

"How do you believe I can accomplish this? I don't have any degree or anything in robotics," Michael said.

"But I do. I understand a little of the different systems," The day guard said. "You hear that radio frequency?"

"Yes," Michael said. "What is that?"

"It's supposed to be a police scanner. One of the kids must have torn the voice box. So that's a broken voice box, and a few busted-up servos," the day guard said. He then turned his head. "Go into that small room over there, we got some new voice boxes in there,"

So, Michael did as he was told and got the voice box. It was on a shelf, with a series of other ones.

"We probably are just going to fix the voice box today," The day guard said. "For the best, because this loud sound wouldn't be good to be playing in these little kids' ears all day long,"

"Here, you take it and put it in place,"

Michael looked over at his coworker with a shocked expression. "M-Me?! I can't do that!"

"Of course, you can! All you do is detach the old one and plug on the new one. Literally is just as easy as working a boombox,"

Michael looked down at The Mangle.

He crouched down. The loud sound from the busted-up voice box sounded horrendous.

He reached over and took out a few wires.

"That's it, now you're getting it," the day guard said.

The old voice box got detached.

"Now, put the new one, in the reverse order."

So, Michael did so, but he was about to put a wire in the wrong spot.

"No that's not right," The day guard said.

He kneeled at Michael's level to help him. "What? What are you talking about? The wire was clearly in this-," he said.

"No, it was not,"

But Michael didn't listen and added the wire to the wrong spot.

But that caused Mangle's mouth to dislodge, and she shifted forward, and the day guard's head was at the wrong place at the wrong time.

*****

Just outside Kid's Cove, Sora and his friends were playing on some arcades.

"Holy- what the heck?! How are you so good at this?!" Hayner snapped at Sora.

"Letting a nongamer beat your butt? That's embarrassing," Roxas snorted.

Hayner groaned and covered his face.

"Let's play another one," Hayner said. "And this time I'm so gonna beat-,"

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! MY HEAD!!! GET IT OFF!! AH FUCK!!!"

Hayner gasped and looked towards the door to Kid's Cove. "Holy shit was that Michael?" Roxas said.

"No, that sounded like the day guard!" Sora said.

They were about to go over to the room to investigate, but they heard a shimmering sound.

And right behind them, showed up a door.

"The hell? Wait... the door back?!" Roxas said.

Sora noticed. "What? Wait... but we need to check on Michael and the day guard!"

"Sora, we can't! What if we leave and the door vanishes and we can't get it back!" Roxas yelled.

"But-," Sora wanted to check on them. It sounded like someone was hurt.

But if this was their call to leave, they had to leave.

So, Roxas did what he had to and dragged both Sora and Hayner into the door.

****

Once they entered, the door closed, and the door next to this one, shined a green light. Singling that it was ready to be opened.

"Damnit Roxas! What if one of them was hurt!" Sora snapped.

"I have to agree with Sora here, what gives Roxas?" Hayner asked.

"Look, I'm sorry. But I was just worried that the door could have disappeared! It's not like we are back in our worlds where we can just call Donald or Goofy, or Xion or Axel for a Gummi ship to pick us up," Roxas said. The thing is, they all knew he was right. They can't take risks like what the could take on their side. They have to try and be extra careful, even though Sora isn't, and told nearly everyone about the different worlds.

"I'm so glad you all are safe!" Said a familiar voice.

Sora looked ahead of Roxas and saw the small Fredbear walking up to them.

"Well... it doesn't look like Michael or the day guard were safe," Sora said.

"Sora...." Roxas said, with a sigh.

"Huh?" Fredbear tilted his head. "Who?"

Roxas sighed. "Sorry to come and go, but we need to get into the other door,"

Chapter 23: 1993

Chapter Text

All of them entered the new door-

That seemed to enter into what seemed to be another restaurant. But this one looked a little different.

"Woah... this looks a little unlike... What we just left," Sora said.

"Yeah? Is it just me, or does it look darker?" Roxas noted.

The door they entered, was the door that lead back out to the hilly area, where the small Fredbear is waiting for them, but the second it disappeared, revealed to be the front door to the establishment.

On the door, were chains, showing that it was locked.

"Huh..." Hayner said. "There weren't that many locks on the front doors before," he said.

"You're right," Roxas agreed.

Sora looked back to the hallway.

He walked forward a little, then pecked around the corner. Once again, there were tables all lined out with party hats. Directly to the right, was a stage that had the three animatronics of Freddy Fazbears.

"Look guys," Sora said pointing. "It's Freddy, Bonnie, and Chica, all three of them are up on the stage,"

Roxas and Hayner left from the front door, they were looking out from it to see where they were. Outside seemed like they were in a desert.

"Oh yeah," Roxas said. "But they look a little different..."

"I'll say. Not going to lie, they look a little less creepy than the ones with the red cheeks," Hayner said.

Down from this place what seemed to be a dining room, were two hallways. On the right side was a small stage, but it had a purple curtain around it. Next to that part of the restaurant, was a little door that read "Parts and Service".

"Do you think Michael is here?" Sora asked, looking around.

"If he is, he's probably in the office," Roxas said.

"And where would that even be?" Hayner asked.

"I'd assume it's down the hallway," Sora said.

Hayner looked to his right. "Down... There?" He asked pointing to one of the hallways.

Roxas shrugged. "I guess, come on, let's go and check it out."

They were about to walk to one of the two hallways, but they all heard a creaking sound. Sora froze with his eyes widened a bit, he slowly turned his head to Roxas next to him, who shared the same expression.

Hayner was horrified, covered his face, and looked behind them, peeking through his fingers. They all collectively looked at the stage.

The three robots were standing there. They hadn't moved.

"I ain't buying that, one of them shifted," Hayner said.

Instead of just walking away, Sora went to investigate and walked up to the stage. "Sora, no!" Hayner yelled in a whisper.

Sora didn't listen.

Once he walked up to the stage-

He saw there was a switch. "Huh? What's this?"

Without hesitation, he flipped it.

Once he did, backlights shined from the stage, a disco ball started spinning, and the animatronics went into a performance.

Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls

Fazbear Entertainment would like you to put your hands together

For the one, the only, Freddy Fazbear!

"Woah what?!" Hayner gasped.

"Hello everybody! Are you ready to have a good time? I know I am!" said the animatronic bear into the mic it was holding. Bonnie, started strumming his guitar, and all of them, plus Chica started singing.

"Cause it's Freddy Fazbear's Pizza! For kids, it's number one! Freddy Fazbear's Pizza, Where fantasy meets fun!"

And they just continued to do their stage performance.

Sora smiled at it. It was honestly a little amazing seeing these animatronics do these things.

"Alright, I'll admit, the song's pretty catchy," Hayner said.

"Well, let's meet the band!-," Then Freddy started singing his by himself. "My name is Freddy, I'm the singer in the band, got a hat and a big bow-,"

But then, all of a sudden, the song stopped, the music stopped, and the animatronics shut down.

"Who's out there!? Show yourself on the camera!" Yelled a voice, coming from down the hallway. Then there was a very loud clang sound coming from down the hallways.

Sora, Roxas, and Hayner all gasped.

Sora quickly turned his head, until he saw that there was a camera facing Bonnie on the stage. But, he realized that he was a little out of view. He claimed up on the stage, to get closer. "H-Hello! Um... I'm sorry. We-" But before Sora could finish his sentence, he heard a loud:

"WHAT THE?!"

It came from the office. "SORA?! Wait- Are Hayner and Roxas with you?"

Sora gasped. "Michael?!"

"Come to my office! It's down the hall! Take either of the two hallways!"

Sora looked behind him at his two friends who were out of the camera view.

"It's Michael?" Roxas mouthed the words to Sora.

Sora nodded with a smile. "Come, he's down the hallway!" Sora told them.

He hopped off the stage and made his way to the hallway.

"Don't stay-,"

They heard a voice say.

Sora stopped and looked behind him. "Roxas? Did you say something?"

Roxas tilted his head. "No, but I heard it. Was it you Hayner?" Roxas turned around, only to see that Hayner was looking at him looking worried.

"N-No..." He said looking horrified. He swiftly looked behind him, then back at his friends. "It sounded like it was coming from the stage... with," he gulped. "With the animatronics...."

Sora just shrugged. "Maybe the performance just glitched, and one of them said a prerecorded word by accident, come on, let's get to Michael," he said, turning back around.

Hayner was hesitant and followed behind Sora and Roxas.

"This place feels... So creepy," Hayner said to them as they walked down the hallway. "Why the hell is it so dark?"

"I have no idea. The other location wasn't like this," Roxas said.

They all walked up to the end of the hallway. To the left, was an entryway, that entered into a very tight office, with monitors, and a chair.

And a familiar purple man was sitting in the chair. They turned their head and saw Sora, who was smiling, and his friends standing outside.

Michael couldn't help it and smiled too. "Sora! Roxas and Hayner! Christ, it's been a minute!"

He got up from out of his chair, walked over, and grabbed Sora in for a hug. "OOF!" Sora grunted.

"O-Oh! Sorry, too tight?" He let go.

Sora chuckled. "A little, wow, how have you been?" Sora asked.

"Yeah!" Roxas said. "I'm so sorry, we had to leave suddenly!"

Sora sighed. "I was wanting to stay, but Roxas kept on nudging us to leave," he grunted.

Roxas shook his head. "C'mon Sora, you know why we had to..." he said with a sympathetic tone.

"Not wanting to sound rude, but... a goodbye would have been nice," Michael stated.

"I know! We're very sorry," Roxas told him. "We... just had to do things..."

"You mean... Go to a different world?" Michael asked.

But Sora tried to signal Michael as much as he can, so Roxas wouldn't find out he told Michael about what they are, but it didn't work.

"Yes, you're half rig-," Roxas tilted his head. "Wait... How do you know?" He said.

Michael blinked, looking at Sora for a millisecond.

Sora covered his face.

Roxas gasped and looked over at his friend. "Sora! What the hell?! How many times do I have to tell you about the world order?! Why did you let Michael know?"

Sora felt bad. "I'm sorry Roxas! It just slipped out! It was when we were carrying Mangle back to that... Kid Cove place-," But after saying that, he saw the look on Michael's face change. To a change... of dread.

"Woah... dude are you alright?" Hayner asked.

Sora looked at Michael. "Um, yeah? Are you? What's wrong?"

"Mangle... Kids Cove... That was back at the old Fazbear location, nearly 6 years ago..."

Sora blinked. "It's been... 6 years for you?"

Michael nodded. "I reckon you... leave... get time traveled into the future, wherever I'm around? It's like you all are my guardians or something... always showing up when I need help or company..."

"I... guess we could be that," Roxas said. But then he looked back at Sora. "And, I'm not done with you yet Sora. Come on! You need to stop! First with Steve and Alex, and now with Michael. Please, tell me this will be the last time,"

Sora looked down. He wanted it to be. But, it feels harder to keep the idea of the 'world order' safe now. It felt like it was easier before, but now it's even harder. People see their magic more. And it's like Roxas doesn't understand that. So, Sora just said. "I'll try."

"You better..."

But then Sora remembered what he heard. The sounds of screaming coming from Kid's Cove.

"Umm... Michael... what exactly happened in Kid's Cove? I... well, we all heard screaming. It's when he had to leave,"

Michael's eyes widen a bit, then he looked down. "Bloody hell, that... that was a nightmare I'll tell you that,"

"What happened? Was it you screaming? What went down?"

"No, it wasn't me screaming-," Michael said. "It was the day guard..."

***

 

-6 Years ago, Kid's Cove: Freddy Fazbear's Pizza, November 5th, 1987-

 

 

 

 

 

"Jeremy! Get it off! Jesus fucking Christ! This hurts!" The day guard was in pain and agony, as he was trying to take the mouth of the broken Funtime animatronic, off of his head.

Michael was in a panic and didn't know what to do. "Fuck, fuck, fuck..." He repeated to himself constantly, as he tried to see how he could take the robot off.

"Jeremy... P-Please...," The day guard's voice started to get hazy, and low. "I... I'm losing my vision..."

"No! Stay with me!" Michael yelled. Michael saw that the man's forehead was cut open. "Oh... fucking hell..."

He quickly left him. He opened the door, but once he did, he saw that the restaurant was getting crowded with kids and adults for the morning. "Oh come on, don't these kids have school?!" He yelled quietly to himself. He was wanting to call the police, but the phone was back in the office. He covered his face and walked out.

He scanned the room, looking for Sora, and his two friends. But he didn't see them.

"Shit, where did they go?!" But then he saw a few kids walking over to Kid's Cove.

"NO!" He yelled. The children gasped.

Then, he cleared his throat and tried to talk normally.

"Funtime Foxy can't... entertain you today. She's under maintenance," Michael told the children.

"Awwwww," He heard them say.

He walked up to the door and locked it with his keys.

After that was done, he ran to his office to call the local police.

He grabbed the phone, and frantically dialed 911.

"Come... please pick up...please..."

"Hurricane Utah police department, what's your emergency?"

"Yes... um... I... I'm a night watchman here at Freddy Fazbear's Pizza... u-uh... one of the workers... got hurt by one of the animatronics!"

"Freddy Fazbear's Pizza?" There was a pause for a moment. Michael swore he heard a sigh. "Don't worry sir. We'll send someone right away. What's your name?"

"Mich- *cough* Jeremy Fitzgerald, ma'am..."

"Alright. Care to explain what's happened?"

"The Funtime Foxy robot... it bit the day guard on his forehead! His... forehead was cracked open!"

He heard the officer make a small gasp on the other end.

"Officer?"

"We'll send someone there, right away."

In no time, the fire department, the police, the paramedics... All of them came.

You could hear the sirens from a mile away. The red and blue flashing lights flooded into the pizzeria. The children and adults watched in confusion, and terror as they saw the police cars, ambulances, and firetrucks pull into the parking lot.

Michael was horrified at the entire situation. He searched top and bottom for Sora, Roxas, and Hayner. But he couldn't find them.

Although he doesn't correspond with the customers too much, he knew he had to at the moment.

"Everyone... Please stay calm..."

"What's going on?" A worried mother asked.

Michael didn't know how to word the situation. He didn't want anyone to panic. But before he could say anything, the paramedics entered into the restaurant. They quickly saw Michael.

"Jeremy?" One of the paramedics asked.

Michael turned around. "Y-Yes?"

"Where is the day guard?"

Michael then walked over to the Kid's Cove door. He unlocked it.

The group of paramedics walked up to the door, pushed it open walked inside. "Oh... fucking... god..." one of them said.

Blood was all over the floor, as the day guard lay on the ground, seeming to be limp as Mangle's mouth was lodged into the brains of him.

The paramedics touched the day guard's body. He placed his fingers on his neck. "He's alive... I got a pulse,"

One of the paramedics took out a two-way radio. "The victim seems to be breathing," He said into the mic.

Michael shut the door, trying to calm everyone down. Some of them accidentally saw what happened.

"What is with this restaurant!" One of the mothers yelled. "Every time you all reopen, death follows! What is with your company?!"

"Ma'am, please!" Michael said. He felt sick. The kids were crying, and the parents were upset. He didn't know what to do in this situation.

But then, he heard the paramedics call him inside the room.

"I-I can't! I need to sort the customers out!"

"We'll take care of it," Michael heard a voice say. He looked in front of him and saw that the cooks were willing to help him.

"Thank you!" Michael sighed in relief and walked into Kid's Cove. He shut the door.

He saw the paramedics trying to take the animatronic off of his fellow workmen.

"What happened? Please explain,"

"I... I don't know!" Michael said. "We were trying to fix her, and... she just lunged at him!"

"Just lunged at him? That's all?"

"Probably a freak accident," said one of the other paramedics.

They took off mangle.

But... Mangle took something with her.

"Ohh... SHIT!" The man's entire forehead left his body.

Michael gasped. Seeing his coworker's blood and brains on the floor, made him feel like he was going to throw up, even if that was impossible for him.

"We need to get him to the hospital, now! Come on!" One of the paramedics yelled. "Get the stretcher!"

He quickly went on his mic. "We're bringing him to the Hospital. The victim is missing his frontal lobe,"

*****

 

Sora, Roxas, and Hayner just stared at Michael with shocked expressions.

Michael blinked. "Did... I go too much in detail with what happened?" He asked. "I'm so sorry if I did..."

"A little yeah," Sora said. With what Michael said, it made all of their hair curl.

"Did he even live?!" Hayner yelled.

"As much as I'm aware... Yes. He did. I'm glad," Michael said.

They all sighed in relief.

"So what happened after? What... What did you do?" Roxas asked.

"Well," Michael started. "They asked me a lot of questions. They wanted to interview me, but I denied. I can't let any of them see my real face. And I just can't let them know my real name either. I was misinformed, my father, William... is a known suspect around these parts. But for some reason... they can't find him to jail him. I don't know why. I'm his son. If they found out, they'll drill me with questions I don't have the answers to. And then they'll see... what was the cause of me listing to him," he said that last part, pointing to his purple face. "My father is why I look like this. I used to blame Elizabeth. But, no. It's not her. It never was. It was all my deadbeat father,"

Sora and his friends just stared sadly at Michael. "Man, I'm so sorry you have to go through all of this," Sora said.

"Same..." Roxas said. "You don't deserve this."

"I wouldn't go that far. I probably do. Anyways-...,"

"No! Don't say that. I was still mad at you with Evan, but it was just an accident. And you're deeply sorry about it. Don't think of yourself as that. Please," Sora said putting his hand on Michael's shoulder. Michael looked at Sora's hand, then up at Sora. He smiled warmly.

"Thanks... Sora," then he looked at Roxas and Hayner. "Thanks... all of you. You all were helpful to me then, and you're helpful to me now,"

Sora smiled, and so did his friends.

"So... What else happened? Have you gotten more information about your dad?"

Michael sighed. "A little bit," he said. "Once that... 'Bite of 87' that's what the company calls it, happened, I got fired."

Sora tilted his head in confusion. "You? H-How did you get fired? Why did they fire you?"

"Yeah? It... wasn't your fault?"

"Well, it was both of our faults. Mine and the day guard. He just wanted to fix Funtime Foxy, he wanted me to help. I told him I shouldn't, because I know bloody nothing about robotics. But he insisted on me to help out. Well, that was the cause of what happened. My ignorance of machinery caused my coworker to lose part of his brain," Michael sighed after continuing. "When the company found out, they fired me for tampering with the animatronics, and fired him for letting me help him."

"O-Oh..." Sora said, once he realized that Michael couldn't work there again. "I guess... You couldn't work at that Fazbear's location again? Or any for that matter?"

Roxas tilted his head. "But... aren't we in a Fazbear's Pizza location right now?"

"You're right..." Hayner said. "How'd you get around that, Michael?"

"Well, just like before how I faked my name, I faked it again and changed my name to Fritz Smith. I was happy that it worked out,"

"Oh! So you got the job back?" Sora asked, feeling happy for Michael.

"Well, only for two nights. After a shift, I went to see what I could do with the animatronics. I wanted to see if they had traces of the remnant on them... " then, Michael looked at them. "Um, I told you all about the... remnant thing, right?"

Sora nodded. "Uh-huh. You said... it was something that makes the robots have the souls in them or something, right?"

Michael nodded. "Yes."

"William is a sick bastard for using that," Roxas said.

"I know," Michael shook his head with a sigh. "Anyways, management caught me fiddling with the Animatronics in the morning. I guess they were still on edge with what had happened a few days before, so they weren't taking any chances. They fired "Fritz Smith"," Micheal sighed "So I guess I can't use that name ever again...." he grumbled.

Sora leaned up on the wall. "So... I guess you faked your name again?"

"Yes. Now I go by Mike Schmidt," Michael said. Then, he smiled a little. "Hey, at least it's an easy name for you all to say. Since Mike can be a nickname for my real name. At least no one will suspect a thing."

Sora smiled along with him. "Well, 'Mike Schmidt' are these... bots active?"

"No, not yet. It seems like they only come on, and turn off at a certain time." Michael explained. "This is my first night here, and if they act like what they did 6 years ago, I should be able to handle it,"

Sora looked around. He saw this before but didn't tell Michael about it. That is, until now of course. "Michael, what are those levers for?"

"These?" He looked at Hayner and Roxas. "Both of you, stand back a little,"

Once they both stood back, Michael flipped the switch, and a door came down from the top.

Sora gasped a little. Because how the door looked, was exactly what the door to this game world looked like.

That meant, wherever they are, this part is probably the source. 'The gem must be here somewhere,' he thought to himself.

"Woah, uh... that's... wow," Roxas said.

Michael chuckled. "Ha, yeah. I think Fazbear Entertainment is becoming a little aware of the haunted robots..."

Michael flipped it back open.

But then Hayner was the one to see something flicker on the screen of the monitor.

"Uh... M-Michael...!"

"Huh? What is it, Hayner?"

Hayner just pointed to the screen.

Michael looked at it, and saw that Bonnie was missing from the stage.

"Oh, here we go," He said. "You all stand behind me. Let me turn on the... phone. This "phone guy" records these messages for the night guards. I have no idea who he is, but let's see what he has to say this time,"

As Sora, Roxas, and Hayner stood behind Michael, Michael turned the phone's voicemail on.

Hello? Hello hello?

Uh, I wanted to record a message for you, to help you get settled in on your first night. Um, I... actually worked in that office before you, I'm finishing up my last week now as a matter of fact. So, I know it can be a bit overwhelming, but I'm here to tell you there's nothing to worry about, Uh, you'll do fine. So, let's just focus on getting you through your first week, okay?

Michael sighed. "It seems like these so-called 'previous' night guards experience the hauntings, and just cover it up,"

"That's suspicious..." Roxas said. "You don't think they're... trying to work with William do you?"

"No, probably not. They just don't want Fazbear Entertainment to shut down," Michael said. "To be honest, how it isn't shut down regardless is a mystery to me..."

Uh, let's see, first, there's an introductory greeting from the company, that I'm supposed to read. Uh, it's kind of a legal thing, you know.

Um, "Welcome to Freddy Fazbear's Pizza, a magical place for kids and grown-ups alike, where fantasy and fun come to life. Fazbear Entertainment is not responsible for damage to property or person. Upon discovering that damage or death has occurred, a missing person report will be filed within 90 days, or as soon property and premises have been thoroughly cleaned and bleached, and the carpets have been replaced." Blah blah blah.

Now that might sound bad, I know. But, there's really nothing to worry about.

Michael leaned back in his chair, twiddling his fingers. "There is a lot to worry about Mr. Phone guy..."

"Why... Is that a thing? is that like a contract or something? They won't care if you get hurt... or die? What the..?" Roxas asked.

"Most likely," Micheal said. "Doesn't matter to me, I'm already dead. Just... you three be careful staying with me."

"Uh... Michael, Bonnie is staring at the camera in some room,"

Michael looked at it. "Yeah, they do that. This isn't my first rodeo kid," He looked to his left. "To be honest, I'm grateful for these doors... they'll help out a lot,"

Uh, the animatronic characters here, do get a bit quirky at night

"They do more than get quirky," Michael grunted.

But do I blame them? No. If I were forced to sing those same stupid songs for twenty years and I never got a bath? I'd probably be a bit irritable at night too. So, remember, these characters hold a special place in the hearts of children and we need to show them a little respect, right? Okay.

"hmm.... 'Respect' was something my father never did give them. He never even gave his own children respect...'

So, just be aware, the characters do tend to wander a bit. Uh, they're left in some kind of free roaming mode at night, uh, something about their servos locking up if they get turned off for too long. Uh, they used to be allowed to walk around during the day too, but then there was The Bite of '87. Yeah. I-It's amazing that the human body can live without the frontal lobe, you know?

Michael blinked, the paused the recording. He sighed. "Jesus Christ, it's been 6 years, they're still talking about it?"

"Oh God, you weren't joking when you said he lived without part of his brain?!" Hayner yelled.

Michael sighed, then played the recording again.

Uh, now concerning your safety. The only real risk to you as a night watchman here, if any, is the fact that these characters, uh, if they happen to see you after hours probably won't recognize you as a person. They'll pr-They'll most likely see you as a metal endoskeleton without its costume on. Now, since that's against the rules here at Freddy Fazbear's Pizza, they'll probably try to...forcefully stuff you inside a Freddy Fazbear suit. Um, now, that wouldn't be so bad, if the suits themselves weren't filled with crossbeams, wires, and animatronic devices. Especially around the facial area. So you could imagine how having your head forcefully pressed inside one of those could cause a bit of discomfort, and..... death. Uh, the only parts of you that would likely see the light of day again would be your eyeballs and teeth when they pop out the front of the mask. Heh. Yeah, they don't tell you these things when you sign up.

Michael paused the recording again.

"What? Is... Is this man actually for real?" Michael said. He looked back at Sora and his friends.

"W-What... stuff... someone inside of the suit... why... oh God that sounds horrible," Sora said with a disgusted tone.

"I'm sure they won't do that!" Michael said, with an annoyed tone. "They're just trying to cover up the fact that they're haunted, by saying something generic like this. 'Yeah they don't tell you these things when you sign up' Yeah, but you missed one very thing that only "I know" about,"

"Are you sure? What if they take you away... or... any of us and try to ram us into a suit?"

Michael sighed. "Sora, I'm sure we can take on a robot. It's not invincible. It's just wires and cords powered by a soul,"

Michael played the phone back.

But hey, first day should be a breeze. I'll chat with you tomorrow. Uh, check those cameras, and remember to close the doors only if absolutely necessary. Gotta conserve power. Alright, good night.

Then, the call ended. "Alright, time for me to start wor- Wait... conserve power?" Michael looked up. "Don't tell me that's... what that dropping number is...?"

There was a monitor that had a percentage. It was 100% when Sora and his friends came, but since then, it dropped down to 91%

Michael got a bag that was next to him. "They handed me a pamphlet, and I hadn't read through it..."

"A pamphlet?"

"Yes, like a guide on what I should do... I never read through it because I reckoned it was going to be like the old location...." Michael came to a page, that talked about power. "But... I guess I was mistaken..."

"Huh? What's wrong?" Roxas asked

"Apparently this building is run on a weak generator. It's why they shut off all the lights at night," Michael looked back at the doors. "That's why the man on the phone said to only close the doors when absolutely necessary. If I close them for too long, they'll drain the power out too much."

"Uhh... What would happen when it runs out?" Roxas asked.

"Uhh? The power goes out?" Hayner said. "Duh! And then we're going to be in total darkness!"

"What he said," Michael sighed. "And that's not what any of us want. We have to be on our toes this time..."

Chapter 24: A Heart Breaking Reunion

Chapter Text

 

 

Michael and the rest of his friends were just staring at the monitor screens. Michael occasionally flipped through, but only when he was sure the animatronics left a camera view. Bonnie, was in the parts and service room, but after a few minutes, he left the room and walked out to the main dining area.

His head was just twitching, and glitching. He was also looking around as if he was looking for something or someone.

"What's it doing?" Hayner asked.

"Looking for us. I don't think it's aware we are in the office..." Michael said.

But then, Bonnie started to walk off. Until he left the camera view.

Michael swapped the camera to the hallway.

And saw the animatronic rabbit, slowly making its way down.

"Wait..." Sora said, fully realizing that was the hallway just outside the door. "Is that-,"

"The hallway right out here? Oh yes. Since you all are here, make yourself useful, and flip the switch once he goes by. I think the other switch is the lights, so don't use the wrong one by accident," Michael told them.

Sora and his friends looked out the door. It was pitch black, and none of them could see outside the hallway. "It's so dark... I can't see anything..." Hayner said.

"They're big heavy robots... listen for the footsteps," Michael said.

But as soon as Michael said that, there were audible light stomping sounds coming from just beyond the door.

"Close it Hayner!" Roxas quietly said to Hayner, since Hayner was the closest to the levers.

Hayner gulped, then quickly pulled it.

But, he pulled the wrong one and shined the door light.

Once the light came out, there... visibly, was the giant animatronic bunny, walking by, when the light had turned on, it stopped, and slowly turned its head towards them.

"HAYNER! THE OTHER SWITCH!" Roxas yelled.

"AHHH!" Hayner yelled, and grabbed the other one, slamming the door shut. The door closed and shook the entire room.

"You guys alright?" Michael turned around, looking at them worried.

Hayner was panting. "N-No!"

Michael sighed. "Just don't stand too close to the door when you have to close it. We don't need The Decapitation of 93," Michael said shaking his head.

"Yeah, seriously..." Sora said.

Hayner got a little scared at that and backed away from the door a little.

"Is it still out there?" Michael asked, briefly looking at the monitor that monitors the power usage.

"I'm not sure..."

"Open it back, then swiftly turn the light on to see..."

Hayner was scared to do it.

Roxas pushed him aside. "Let me do it, scardy-cat."

"Hey!" Hayner snapped.

Roxas threw the door switch up, then quickly turned the light switch on.

Only to reveal that Bonnie was still at the door.

"Don't stay here...."

"eeEE!" Roxas gasped.

"Roxas, close it!" Sora yelled.

Roxas quickly shut the door back down.

Michael grunted worriedly. "Come on, why won't it leave, the power is going down..."

The power was now at 75%

The cameras were glitching, Michael quickly noticed, flipped it to the main dining room, and saw that Bonnie was walking into it.

"Open the door! He's gone!"

"Is... he really?" Sora asked.

"Yes!" Michael yelled and went to open the door himself.

Thankfully, there was no one outside.

Sora and his friends sighed in relief.

Michael sat back down in his chair. He flipped through the cameras. "Wait... Where is Chica?" Michael said.

"You can't find her?" Roxas asked.

"No... I don't know what room she's in..."

Roxas did some quick thinking and checked the lights at the door, then the other door, but there was nothing. "She's not outside anywhere..."

Michael continued to flip through the camera footage until he came to one that was broken.

"W-What? Audio only? Why is it audio only?" He could hear pots and pans being tossed around in the kitchen.

"Is... someone in there?" Sora asked, tilting his head.

Michael went to quickly check on Freddy and Bonnie, but Bonnie was still walking around the dining room, and Freddy was still on the stage. It had to be Chica.

"Yes. It is... it's her. Just stay on your toes..."

He kept the camera on the kitchen cam.

"So... um..." He looked down at a bag, that he had with him. It was on the floor, leaning up to his desk chair. He reached over and opened it. "In my 6-year absence of taking a break from working at Fazbear's, I did some home research in those 6 years. And... I found the missing children name's..."

"The missing children? You mean the children... Your dad killed?" Hayner asked.

Sora winced at that. "It feels...so horrible to hear that be said out loud,"

"It does, doesn't it?" Michael sighed. He took some papers out of his bag. "I'm sure he killed others, but I narrowed everything down to 5 kids... and 1 extra..."

Michael laid out the papers on the desk. They were missing posters of some kids.

|Missing Children|

|Hurrciane, Utah|

Gabriel Anderson

Jeremy Brown

Susie Williams

Fritz Davis

Cassidy Johnson

Charlie Emily

Last seen at Freddy Fazbear's Pizza

"Holy crap..." Sora said. "They're... literally babies..."

"Yep. No older than the age Evan was..." Michael said.

Roxas shook his head. "That's so horrible... The fact that William just took all these innocent lives away... he's a sick and horrible person,"

"And... What are the odds that two of them has the names I choose for a fake name..." Michael said.

"Huh? What do you mean?" Sora asked, tilting his head.

"Jeremy, and Fritz... those are the two names I choose as fake names back to back, back in 87'. When I found out later, it... really made me uncomfortable. I didn't know those were these innocent children's names... Not to mention that Susie's last name is... Williams..."

Sora blinked at Michael, then looked at Roxas and Hayner.

"Uhh..." he looked back at Michael. "I'm... sure it was just a coincidence... right?"

Michael shrugged. "Yeah, probably,"

There was a sound of stomping coming near the right door.

"Sora, the door!" Michael yelled.

Sora quickly turned on the light.

"Leave, or he'll get you too,"

Sora gasped, and quickly shut the door, but then got scared by the door closing.

"It was Chica!" Sora said.

"I'll monitor the camera feed, to keep watch on her. When I give you the all-clear, open the door," Michael told him.

Sora looked back at the papers. "Wait a minute... Why... I didn't recognize this..."

Sora pointed to the papers.

"Hm?" Michael asked. "What?"

"This one-," Sora pointed to one of the missing posters. The one with the girl with black hair.

"Wait... oh shit... Cassidy?" Roxas asked.

"Oh yeah! Is... that her?" Hayner asked.

Michael squinted at it, then picked it up to get a better look at it. With how dark the room was, it was a little hard to read. It's also why Sora didn't recognize the girl. "Cassidy... yes... When I saw this... I remembered something, but couldn't quite grasp why I could..."

"Michael, do you remember when I told you about Evan... and how we went into his dreams, and we met her?"

"Hmmm? Wait... Oh yes! Holy lord, that was a long time ago, I forgot we had that talk,"

"Wait... hold up, did you tell Michael everything we did?"

"Roxas, shut up for once!" Sora snapped, then turned his attention back to Michael. "She told us she was his first victim..."

Michael looked around the paper. "Are you sure? I'm sure my father killed many... times. I don't think anyone really knows who was the first."

Sora shrugged. "I don't know Michael, it's what she told us,"

But then, Sora felt Roxas grabbed him. "Woah! Hey!"

"Dude, seriously, what else did you tell him?!" He said in a whisper. "Because if you told him he's a part of a video game, I don't think that'll exactly help his nerves right now,"

"Shush Rox!" Sora whispered back. "I didn't tell him all of that. I just told him how we travel around different worlds. You think I'm crazy and stupid?"

"Yes," Roxas said bluntly, folding his arms.

Sora rolled his eyes.

"I don't know what you two are whispering about, but pay attention to the doors please," Michael said. "It's so... strange... Freddy hasn't moved yet..."

Sora crossly looked at Roxas, then walked past him to get to the right door. "Michael... Do you... know where the kids are? Are they really... the robots?"

"Yes. But I don't exactly know which ones they are. It's not like we can ask them, they won't listen to us anyways," Michael said.

So for a few more minutes, they continued to look through the security cameras. A few times, Bonnie came by the door on the left, and Chica came by the door on the right.

Then, they heard a laugh.

"Uh... What was that?" Hayner asked.

Michael changed the camera feedback to the stage, and it was dead empty.

Freddy was gone.

Michael's eyes widen a little. "Freddy is gone..."

"Should we close the doors?"

Michael took a glance at the power, that was at 49%

"No, let me try and find where he is..."

Flipping through the feed, he saw two glowing white dots in the darkness of the live camera feed.

"I think that's him," Michael said.

"Is he going to come over to the doors?" Roxas asked.

"He's close to the right hallway, he might come down it..."

Michael kept the screen on that camera. He didn't want to change it. He didn't know what Freddy was going to do. It seemed as if Freddy was frozen in place. At least Bonnie was inside the parts and service room, which was a little far from them, and Chica was inside the restrooms, which was far from the office.

"He's not moving..." Roxas said. "Why is he frozen...?"

Michael shrugged. He looked at the time. It was 3 am. They already were here for 4 hours.

Minutes went by, and Freddy still didn't move. Chica at one point, came by the door, Roxas shut it, and she left. Since that time, the power went down to 43%

At one point the screen glitched, and Michael got a little worried. He flipped through the screen.

"Michael, where did he go?"

"I don't know..." he continually went through, but as soon as he landed on the camera that faced the restrooms, he saw eyes coming from one of the bathroom doors. Freddy was in the restoom.

It's me...

But then he heard a voice. It didn't sound like it was coming from the monitor. It didn't even sound like it was coming from either of the two doors. Michael looked around.

Sora noticed Michael looking around. He had a confused expression as he saw Michael looked frantically. "Mike? What's the matter?"

"I... Did you guys hear something?"

Sora and his two friends looked at each other. "Uhh... No..." Roxas said.

"Did Freddy make a noise on the monitor or something?"

"No... I... I-I don't know. It sounded like it was a whisper..."

Michael... It's me...

Michael blinked. He looked at the left door. Nothing was at the door.

No. Do not talk to him. He isn't worth your time.

But I want to. I need to. Michael, it's me... I'm here...

"Ok... Dude, you're freaking me out. What are you looking for?" Roxas asked.

"I hear voices...." Michael said squinting. "I hear them around me..."

I told you. He isn't worth your time. He hurt you, did he not?

Yes, but I forgive him. Michael... please notice me...

Michael was looking out the right door. He turned back, looked at the wall, that is behind the desk, and saw a golden bear suit with a purple hat, and a purple bow tie, slouched against the wall.

"Uhhh..." Michael said. "Guys, I thought you were watching the doors...."

Sora looked at Michael. "What? We where! What are you talking about-" Sora gasped as he looked in the direction Michael was facing.

By then, Hayner and Roxas had noticed. "Uhhh... Michael! Who the hell is that?!"

Voices were coming from the suit.

"Michael!" Said a cheerful voice. "It's me!"

Then there was a sigh. "I said don't talk to him..."

Sora couldn't believe it. The golden suit was Fredbear. He recognized it. And the voices...

They were Evan and Cassidy.

Michael blinked. "Uhh..." He looked to his friends, then back at the lifeless golden bear.

"Michael, it's me... your brother..."

Michael blinked. His eyes filled up with tears. "...E-Evan?"

"Yes!" Said the cheerful voice.

"Evan?!" Michael's voice started to break up.

"I knew I recognized you. I..."

Michael let his emotions take him over, and he didn't care and went to hug the robotic suit.

But then he got flung back by a powerful force and slammed onto into the monitors on the desk.

"AHHH!" Michael groaned.

"Don't you DARE come near us!" Yelled the girl's voice.

"Michael!" Sora, Roxas, and Hayner all yelled at the time time.

After that, Michael fell to the ground.

There was a brief silence from the suit, until-

"Wait... Sora?!" Both Cassidy and Evan yelled at the same time.

The robotic golden bear's head turned slowly to Sora. "You... I remember you," Cassidy said. "You-"

But then the head of the bear swiftly turned over towards Hayner. "Hayner! I missed you!" Said Evan.

Hayner just smiled softly.

"Evan, what did I tell you about taking over the suit..." Cassidy said. Then, the head turned back over to Sora.

"You three... helped Evan... and... You're here? You all were not lying when you told me that you travel worlds..." Cassidy said.

"Wait... they travel worlds?" Evan asked.

That's right. All of them collectively did tell Cassidy that they were from a different world. They had to at that moment.

"I remember you did... take Evan with you... is that really him?" Sora asked.

"Yes," Cassidy said. "It's him. Surprisingly, he forgives Michael for what he's done."

"I do! I really do!" Evan said.

"But you shouldn't!" Cassidy snapped. "He ended your LIFE! That isn't something that should be forgiven! I'll never forgive the man that took mine! You shouldn't easily forgive anyone that takes your life, or anyone else's."

Michael looked like he wanted to cry, but no tears were coming out.

"Cassidy, please! I know I was a horrible brother Evan... and I'm truly sorry....I-"

"A simple sorry, won't fix the damage you've done to Eva-"

"Cassidy, let him finish!" Evan snapped.

"Fine," Cassidy grunted.

Michael sighed, sniffed, then continued to talk. "It was horrible. I lived with guilt about it for my whole life. I regret that day, every moment of my fucking life... I don't know why I treated you like that. I was an asshole..." Michael then covered his face. "I tried to... hurt myself from time to time..."

"Ohh... Michael..." Sora said sadly.

Michael sighed. "But then... I realized I can't die... no matter what I did... I'm so sorry," Michael looked up, then directly at the golden bear. "I'm not looking for remorse or... pity. Just know that I'm deeply sorry Evan. And... even for you Cassidy. I know what my father did to you. And I share the same anger with you-,"

"No, you don't!" Cassidy snapped. "You don't share anything with me! If you did hate what your father did, you would have stopped him! The fact that you didn't, makes you just as bad as him!"

"Cassidy, he wasn't aware of it!" Sora said.

Fredbear's head turned to Sora. "What?" Asked Cassidy with a stern voice.

"Michael wasn't aware of what William did!"

"Honestly, he wasn't!" Roxas said trying to back them up. "He just learned about them a while ago. I'm sure if he was aware at the beginning he would have stopped him..."

The robot looked back at Michael. It stared at him for a moment.

"Michael...." Said Evan. "Don't listen to Cass. I know you're truly sorry..."

They could hear Cassidy sigh. "Alright. You weren't aware you say? Fine. What are you going to do about him now?"

"I... I am planning to find him," Michael told her. "No one knows where he is located. It's been a very long time, and I know he's out there somewhere. I feel it in my gut. He's there... out there. I plan to find him... then kill him..."

"No," Cassidy said.

Michael looked at the bear with confusion. "N-No?"

".....Death.... is too good for Mr. Afton. He needs something a little more.... torturous..."

Michael blinked. "Torcher?"

"Yes. What? You're afraid of seeing your murderous pops getting pain for a long time?"

"W-What? No! Of course not. I want him to suffer-"

"So leave that to me. If you ever find him.... do not kill him. I'll be right behind you, at that very moment to watch Mr. Afton burn...by the hands of me. He's going to suffer... he's going to experience a fraction of the pain I've felt..." said Cassidy, with a very angry tone in her voice.

Sora looked at Michael. This was a lot for everyone.

Michael looked up at the bear. "Uh... Evan? Are you... still there?"

"Hm? Yes... I am... I can't leave Cass's side..."

Michael looked down. "If... I hug the suit... would you feel me hugging you?"

"Oh... I'm not sure..."

"Do not touch me..." said Cassidy to Michael.

"Cass, please... I want to hug my brother..."

".... Fine."

"Yay!" Evan said.

Michael smiled, then walked over to the suit. He kneeled down, then hugged the suit up to him. He closed his eyes, and the hug felt warm and comforting, although he was hugging a old, and cold robotic bear.

 

He opened his eyes, only to see that he was in a world of darkness. But there was a bright light up on his face. He stopped hugging, only to see that it was Evan.

 

Michael gasped. He was actually seeing Evan. His baby brother.

He was looking up at Michael with a soft smile. "Hello, Michael... It's... been a while..."

"E-Evan..." Michael said sobbing. "Evan!" He hugged his brother again. Evan giggled, and hugged back.

"W-Where am I? Why is it dark all around...?" Michael asked.

"It's... Cassidy. She used some of her power to suck you into the suit to see me."

"Yeah... and if you step out of line, I won't hesitate to boot you out of here," said the girl's voice. Michael gasped, looked to his left, and saw Cassidy standing near Evan.

"Y-You're Cassidy...?" Michael recognized the girl from the missing poster.

"Yes. Your father's first victim. Sorry if I came off as... rude before. Ever since... that day, I've been really, really, angry. And the fact that you're his son, made me jump to conclusions..."

Michael sighed. "Don't worry, I understand..."

"Michael?"

Michael looked at Evan. "Yes, Evan?" He asked, rubbing the top of his brother's head.

"I... didn't want to ask you this before... but... why... are you purple?"

Michael gasped. He forgot he looks like a dried prune.

"Um... I...." Michael looked over at Cassidy, who was just looking at him with an arched eyebrow.

".... Something... bad happened to me 7 years ago..."

Evan's expression changed to sadness. "What? What happened?"

"I'd... say it was karma for what I did to you. And... if it was, I don't mind. I deserve it. Our father told me to go find Elizabeth..."

"Ooh! Elizabeth! Where is she?" Then Evan scruffed up his face. "Does she look like an old lady now?"

All Michael could do, was chuckle at what Evan said. "No...n-no... she..."

But then his tone changed back into the sad tone."She... was killed by one of our father's robots..."

Evan gasped. "What?!" He looked over at Cassidy, who looked just as shocked.

"She was what?!" She yelled.

Michael shook his head. "My father tricked me. It wasn't she, he wanted me to find. It was because he was a coward. She possessed one of the robots. Baby. I went to go find her... and well... I came to notice that Elizabeth was angry and wanted to get out. She used... a thing called a scooper... scooped my insides out..."

Evan looked horrified. "Oh... Michael!" He yelled, hugging his older brother.

Michael saw Cassidy staring at him.

".... So... You're dead?"

Michael sighed. "Yep..." he said nodding.

"Dead?" Evan asked. "But how are you here... as a human?"

"There is something else you don't know about our father, Evan. Even you Cassidy-,"

"I'm listening..." Cassidy said.

Michael sighed. He told them both all about what his father uses. The remnant.

He told them what it is, and now it functions.

"WHAT?!" Cassidy yelled.

"So you really don't know?" Michael asked.

"Of course not!" Cassidy yelled.

Cassidy looked at Evan, then back at Michael. "Evan, go stand over there, and... cover your ears or something. I need to talk to Michael alone,"

"Huh?" Evan asked.

"Just do as I say!"

Evan pouted and walked away from them.

Cassidy looked back at Michael, then talked in a low tone. "Is what you're saying, true?"

"Yes..." Michael responded in the same low tone.

Cassidy looked worried, then took a glance at Evan.

"What's wrong?" Michael asked.

"Your father is what's wrong. This is why I can't leave the suit... this remnant binds souls to things..."

"Yeah," Michael said. "And it's why I'm undead. My soul lodged in my body in... this unnatural way,"

Cassidy blinked, then looked up and down at Michael. "... Oh god..." she said.

"Yeah..." Michael said.

Cassidy sighed. "I'm... worried about Evan. When he died, his soul was weak. I knew I had to do something. So... I took him under my wing. He's... a part of this suit just the same amount as I am. So you're saying he's lodged in the suit as well?"

"Wait... So you really can't leave the suit?"

"No. You just said yourself what the remnant does. I can't. But... I do have a lot of power. Just none powerful enough to free myself.... or even Evan. Not that, I'd want to free myself. I need to teach Mr. Afton a lesson..."

"Again, I'm so sorry this happened to you Cassidy... I got the names of the other missing children... and-"

"Yes. I saw the papers on your desk. Gabriel is Freddy, Jeremy is Bonnie, Susie is Chica, and Fritz is Foxy. And Charlie is the puppet, but... I don't remember getting her vibe here. She isn't in this location... she helped all of us. She probably even has more power than me. But she won't use it to track Mr. Afton down,"

Michael blinked. "That's... really what animatronic they are?"

"Yes," Cassidy responded.

"Great! Maybe if I call them by-,"

"No," Cassidy said. "They won't listen to you. They are angry souls. I heard them talking to one another. They think you are Mr. Afton..."

"T-They do?" Michael asked, sadly.

Cassidy nodded. "Yes. They think you're him. And they believe that your dimension-hopping friends are victims of you. Sora Roxas and Hayner aren't kids or young teenagers, but they're still young enough to have been on Mr. Afton's kill list. The souls view them as one of them,"

Michael felt devastated at that. "Then... what can I do?"

"The best you can do... is prove to them that you are not him."

"But how?"

"That is something you need to figure out yourself," Cassidy left Michael after saying that and walked over to Evan, who had his hands over his ears and was turned around from them. Cassidy tapped his shoulder. "Hey, you're ok to look at us now."

Evan looked at her. "You didn't hurt him did you?" He asked, with a pout.

Cassidy was about to say something, but Michael beat her to it. "No, she didn't,"

Evan smiled. "Ok!"

"I am going to let you go now. Having you hear is making me use too much power, and I'm getting weak..." Cassidy said.

"Wait, Cass!" Evan said, then jumped on Michael to give him another hug. "I love you Michael!"

Michael started to cry softly after hearing that. After all the pain he brought to Evan, he wouldn't expect that to ever come out of his brother's mouth, or anyone's mouth for that matter.

"I... I love you too Evan,"

Evan smiled and snuggled into him. "Cass might leave when you leave, so tell Hayner, Sora, and Roxas I love them all, especially Hayner. They were nice friends to have, even if I just knew them for a short time,"

Michael just smiled, "Yes... I will."

Michael looked over at Cassidy.

"Take care," She said. "And remember, if you find him, leave him to live so I can take care of him. I have something planned..."

There was a bright light, and Michael got ejected from wherever he was.

"Woah! Michael!" Yelled a worried Sora. "Are you alright?!"

Michael saw a worried Sora, Roxas, and Hayner walking toward him. "Yep... never better," Michael grunted, pulling himself off of the ground.

"It's like you were knocked out for a few seconds-," Roxas said.

"A few seconds? That felt like a few hours instead," Michael said.

"You're close..." said a familiar voice. Michael looked up and saw Fredbear sitting on the floor.

"When I took you in here, time slows down. Well, I slowed time down. Time works differently on the spirit side." Said, Cassidy.

"Hm? What happened?" Sora asked.

"Alright, so... I'm going to leave now. Take care. All of you," said Cassidy.

"By Michael!" Said Evan. "By Hayner! And Sora and Roxas!"

And just like that, the golden bear slowly disappeared. It went quite quickly, only the annoying hum of the one light above them could be heard.

Michael rubbed his face. "Bloody hell...." he said, then turned around.

Sora, and his friends were waving to Cassidy and Evan, then stopped when the suit vanished.

"Uhh... Michael? What happened? What did she do to you?"

"Nothing bad. Something good actually... something I owe her for. She used a power to let me see Evan physically..."

Sora gasped, looking at Hayner and Roxas, then back at Michael. "Woah, seriously?!"

Michael smiled softly. "Yes... I felt so many emotions seeing him again. I felt happy, sad, angry at myself... oh fuck..." he said, covering his face. He felt Sora rubbing his back. "So... was he as adorable as usual?"

"He always was a cute kid," Michael said. "It's probably why he was one of the most pampered in the family," he said with a chuckle after.

Sora giggled.

"But... Cassidy. She's in pain and distress. And she still... has respect for William to call him 'Mr. Afton' I don't even want to call him my father for fucks sake," Michael said. He looked at the papers. "She... told me who these kids are. Because of her... I know what animatronics they're inside..."

"Oh, you do?" Hayner asked.

"Yes..."

Michael opened a drawer and pulled out some tape. He took the missing poster of Gabriel. There was a colorful poster of the animatronics on the left side of the office. He taped the Gabriel poster over Freddy, then the Susie poster, and put it over Chica, then he placed the Jeremy poster over Bonnie.

Then, he turned behind him and put the Fritz poster over a Foxy poster that was behind them.

Michael stepped back to look at what he did. But then the Gabriel poster fell. "Oh!" He said, walking over to it, to fix it better.

"Is... this really who they are?" Roxas asked.

"According to Cassidy, yes,"

"But... what about the rest? There are two left?" Hayner said.

"Well, yes. Obviously, we know who Cassidy is, and where she is... But she told me Charlie... is the puppet. That animatronic isn't here, I don't know where it is. She even informed me she got no vibes of her here."

"Oh... " Hayner said.

"Do you think we can talk to them?"

Michael shrugged. "Cassidy said... maybe not. They're relentless spirits. They're hurt, and angry. She told me they see my father in me. They think I'm him... and... they also think you're... my victims..."

Well, that didn't sound right. Sora and his friends were sad at that. Obviously, Michael wasn't his father, and he definitely was never going to hurt anyone. But then, Sora remembered something.

"Guys... remember when we came in? And... we heard that voice?"

"Umm... Yeah, they said 'get out' or something," Roxas said.

Sora just looked at Roxas, nodding.

Roxas caught on. "Oh shoot... They're trying to... warn us..."

"But the thing is, there is no danger with Michael."

Michael thought. "So... are you saying... You three can talk to them?"

Sora was about to nod, but they didn't realize that the power was at 1%

 

There was a loud boom sound, and every single light that was on in the restaurant, shut off, leaving them in total darkness.

"Oh shit...shit..." Michael said quietly. "Guys... the power went out..." He whispered.

"What should we do?!" Hayner yelled, in a whisper.

"I don't know..." Michael said.

Then... there was a sound of a music box.

There was a pulsating light coming from the left door, when they all turned to left, they saw eyes shining at them, from the dark door, beating to the music of the music box.

"O-Oh fuck!" Michael said.

"Ahh!" Hayner yelled, grabbing onto Roxas.

Sora had gotten an idea. "Michael, quickly, tell me where the generator is?"

"T-The generator? What are you going to possibly do? It's dead!"

"Just tell me where it is!"

"It's in the parts and service room!" Said, Michael.

"Ok!" Sora said, and then he took off.

"Sora! No, don't go out there by yourself!" Michael yelled.

But Sora didn't listen and found himself walking down the right hallway, coming up to the dining room.

'My Thunder spell would smack it back into power,' Sora thought to himself, as he made way for the parts and service room.

Chapter 25: Friendly, Misunderstood Spirits

Chapter Text

"Geez, what is Sora up to?!" Hayner yelled in a whisper.

"What does he even plan to do?" Michael asked.

Freddy was still in the hallway, at the threshold of the door. The music box, which was programmed to play when the power goes out to keep children calm, was now used by Gabriel to haunt his victims.

But... right... "Gabriel"

That's the name of the soul that resides within the aged animatronic brown bear.

Michael narrowed his eyes. He had to try to gain the soul's trust. And the only way to gain its trust would be to acknowledge their real names.

Michael stood up. He took a deep breath. "Gabriel..." He spoke.

For a moment, Freddy glitched. The music box made a shuttering sound.

"Gabriel..." he repeated.

Freddy glitched. "Do... not speak my name... Afton..."

Michael balled up his fists. "I am not that bastard... I'm not him at all!"

The animatronic bear vibrated. "Liar!" It spoke, its voice sounding on edge.

"Michael is right! He's his son, but he definitely wouldn't do what his father did to you!"

The music box stopped. But, it stayed glowing.

You could only see the light shining behind Freddy's eyes.

The bear turned its head over to Roxas. "...." It didn't speak anything at first.

"He's right!" Hayner spoke up.

The robot then turned his head to Roxas. "Michael would never do any of those things!"

***

Sora had managed to sneak around the other animatronics in the building. He was now in the parts and service room. There was an endo skeleton sitting on a table.

But it was a little hard to see, with how dark it was.

But, there was a light, a small one, illuminating on the generator.

Sora summoned his keyblade, then aimed it at it.

"Strike!" He yelled.

A bolt of lightning hit the generator, shocking it.

The lights flickered in the diner, there was a loud boom, and all of the lights, kitchen appliances, turned back on.

The power usage went back up to 100%

"What? Holy cra-" Michael remarked looking around.

Roxas and Hayner blinked. "Sora?!" Called out Roxas.

Sora had run back to the office. "Guys! I knew it would have worked!" But then he saw Freddy standing at the door. The animatronic was still there. Its head turned and looked at Sora. "You... three are not safe here..." Freddy said.

"Gabriel... we are safe! Michael isn't a threat!" Hayner said.

The bear looked at Hayner, then at Michael. He stared long and hard at Michael. The bear then stepped a little closer.

Michael got a little scared. The robotic bear stared at Michael.

Sora and his friends stood from afar, in worry as they saw the robot getting closer to Michael. Freddy leaned in a little and stared into his face.

Michael closed his eyes, awaiting whatever was going to happen.

But then Freddy just stood back up. "It seems... I've made a mistake..."

Michael opened one eye. "H-Huh?"

"You look like him...But you're not him..." Said Freddy.

"He's definitely not!" Sora said.

Freddy looked at Sora, then back at Michael. "But... They did say you are his son. What are the probabilities of you being just like him?" Said the robot, as his voice started to glitch.

"He wouldn't!" Sora yelled. "He's even here to give all of you justice!"

Freddy stood there.

"Please... " said Michael. "Gabriel... give me a chance..."

At that moment, they heard metallic thumping behind them, Bonnie came at the door.

"We've made a mistake..." Gabriel said, seemingly to Bonnie.

The animatronic rabbit looked up, then tilted his head.

Freddy returned the look. "Jeremy... this isn't the man who caused us all this pain and misery..."

Bonnie jittered a little. "It's not?"

Freddy shook his head. "No..." The bear looked back down at Michael. "I am deeply sorry," He said. "I-,"

"No..." Michael said. "I completely understand you. I can't imagine the pain all of you are in. Maybe not physical pain... but emotional. Whatever you're going to say, don't. It was completely justified.."

Gabriel stayed quiet. Then, he looked up at Bonnie.

"Jeremy... round up the rest of us-,"

***

 

All of them were out in the dining area. Sora and the rest were sitting at the tables, and Freddy, Bonnie, Chica, plus Foxy, were standing up on the stage.

Michael was a little dazed. He wasn't expecting his night to go like this. If he was going to actually talk to the spirits like this, he wanted to ask them so many questions. But then he realized, that wouldn't be wise. He definitely wouldn't want someone to drill him with questions.

"Are you sure he's safe Gabriel?" Asked Foxy.

"Yes... he is Fritz. The others with him might not be little children... But I don't think anyone would trust a man like Afton... I believe that he is safe," Gabriel said.

Michael had brought the missing children's papers from the office. "I... want you all to look at these..." Michael said as he laid them down on the dining table.

"Look at what?" Jeremy asked.

Gabriel turned off the stage and walked off. The rest of the animatronics followed.

Gabriel came closer, then looked at the table.

"Oh..." Gabriel said.

"What is it?" Asked Fritz.

Gabriel reached over and picked up the missing poster of Gabriel Anderson.

"....." The animatronic bear just stood there, looking at the paper lifeless.

When Michael saw that, he felt bad and thought he made a mistake. "Oh, I'm sorry, I probably showed you this too soon-"

"This... is me," Gabriel responded looking up at Michael. "This... is what I used to look like... I... I actually forgot..."

Michael gasped a little. It's been such a long time, the souls had forgotten what they used to look like. "Oh yeah! I forgot... hey, it's me! Over there-," Chica pointed to her.

"Susie... Right..." Jeremy said.

Sora and his friends just sat and watched them.

All of the animatronics picked up their respectful photos.

"Missing... since 1982..." Gabriel said, what was on the paper.

"1982? What... year is it now?" Fritz asked.

Michael looked at him. "Um, 1993..." He said.

He heard a gasp coming from Gabriel. "1993? I... I think we lost track of time..." He said.

Jeremy nodded. "I know... it's... been over 10 years?"

They all looked back down at the papers. Fritz pointed to one. "Cassidy... I... kinda remember her..."

"Yes... she had black hair right?" Jeremy asked.

"Well, if you'd open your eyes, you'd see she does on the poster," Fritz said folding his arms. Jeremy looked over at Fritz annoyed, and pushed him.

"Hey!" Fritz yelled.

"Cassidy... yes. I remember," Gabriel said. "We all were friends with each other. Until that... day, when we got lured..."

A sad day that must have been, everyone thought. None of them deserved that.

"But I don't remember her-?" Gabriel pointed to the missing poster of Charlie Emily. "Who... Who is this? It says she was 3 years old. Were... we friend with a 3-year-old?" Gabriel looked back at the other animatronics.

They shrugged. "Not that I know of," said Susie.

"That's Charlie Emily... I don't know why, but her name sounded a little familiar to me, but I don't recall knowing her," said Michael.

Sora looked at Michael. "Maybe you bumped into her once? Maybe Evan was friends with her?"

Michael shrugged. "Probably... but, it's mostly her last name. I know I heard it somewhere before," he said trying to think.

"To be honest, I don't really remember much," Gabriel said. "Most of everything... has been a blur..."

Jeremy nodded. "He's right. I don't think any of us really remember anything... This is the first time in years, we've actually really talked,"

Michael looked at them, after hearing what they said. "You... all were filled with anger and rage because of my deadbeat father. Your rage clouded your minds...,"

"And... You freed us... well, our minds..." Susie said. "Thank you,"

Michael felt a little heart warmed at that. Did... he really do that? No, he can't take all the credit. He's been having help. Sora and his friends. Maybe even Cassidy.

"I can't take all the praise, Sora helped me. And so did Cassidy."

"Cassidy? Wait... Cassidy is here?" Fritz asked.

"Well... she was," Roxas said.

"She was? Where is she? We don't remember her being with us," said Gabriel.

Sora looked at Michael. Michael looked back at Sora. "Um..." Michael didn't know how to say what she was, or who she was at the moment.

The animatronics looked around. "Oh... my..."

"Huh? What's wrong?" Roxas asked, confused.

"Nothing... it's just that, I was angry for so long, I haven't really looked around this place... this... to be honest, this looks different than what I remember," Fritz said.

"Yeah," Gabriel said. "None of this looks the same."

Michael sighed. "That's because this isn't the old location. This is a different location..."

"You know... It might be. I have a foggy memory of someone... like taking me apart and putting extra parts on me," Jeremy said.

Michael looked at him. "Oh...?"

Gabriel nodded. "Yes... it's funny. I remember some things, but not all,"

"I remember some things from when I was alive-," Fritz said. Gabriel looked at him.

"You do?" He asked, arching his eyebrow.

"You had a crush on Susie, Gabriel," Fritz snickered.

The brown bear's robotic eyes widen. "W-What?! How did you know?!"

"Wait... what?" Susie asked.

Fritz snickered. "Never gonna tell ya~"

Gabriel grunted, embarrassed. "Oh yeah?! And you had a crush on Jeremy!"

Fritz was laughing at Gabriel, but then he went quiet. "WHAT?! NO, I DIDN'T, SHUT UP!" Fritz yelled as he shoved Gabriel.

The animatronic rabbit stood there staring at both of them. "....Did... wait... what? You did?"

"No, I didn't Jeremy! Gabriel is lying!" Fritz screamed.

"Hehehe~," Gabriel giggled. "Stop lying to yourself,"

"Alright, that's it-," Fritz pounced on Gabriel. "AGGRRGG!" Fritz yelled as he jumped on his friend.

Gabriel wasn't expecting that and screamed in terror.

Michael gasped at what was happening.

"Uhh...," Sora and his friends looked at what was happening, confusedly.

He looked up at Susie, who just shrugged.

***

After that settled, they continued to talk.

With how the animatronics are acting, they are getting looser... The souls were lifeless before. But since they started to...talk to another person again, it's as if they got back a sense of life.

And they got a better sense of their surroundings.

"Hey... I remember this arcade machine..." said Fritz as he looked at the game cabinet.

Jeremy was with him, trying to play the game together.

"They really kept this machine.. this long?" Jeremy asked.

Fritz started to tap some of the controls. It was easy for him to use the machine, because of how Foxy's hands are made. Jeremy had a hard time because Bonnie's hands are stiff.

"Let's see... " Fritz said. He tapped a few buttons. "N-No way..."

"Huh? What is it?"

"My name is still on the list! And I still got the high score! Yes!"

Jeremy studied the name.

'Fri' was at the top. "No one beat my high score after all those years!"

When Fritz said that, it unlocked a few memories for Jeremy. He remembered he used to play the arcades a lot. Especially with Fritz when he used to come to the pizzeria. "Wait... my name should be there, I think I called my name Jer..." But that wasn't anywhere on the list at all.

"What? Did... I get beaten by everyone?!"

"Haha! You always did suck at this game!" Fritz said.

Jeremy looked over at Fritz annoyed. "Oh come on! I wasn't that bad at the game!"

"Oh, but you where~,"

Jeremy rolled his eyes. "Let me try it out," he pushed Fritz aside, and grabbed the joystick, but it was a little hard for Bonnie's grubby hands to grip the controller.

"Jeremy, get off... You can't play this anymore,"

"What? Let me try!" Jeremy snapped.

"No," Fritz said pushing Jeremy.

Jeremy grunted annoyed. "No fare! It's my turn!" And he pushed Fritz aside.

That made the animatronic Fox annoyed, and he shoved his friend.

Then they both started to fight over the video game.

At a nearby table, Sora, Michael, Roxas, and Hayner, along with Gabriel and Susie were talking amongst each other, trying to get information about where William Afton could be.

They stopped talking once they heard Jeremy and Fritz screaming at each other about whose turn it was on the arcade.

"They're always bickering..." Susie said. "Boys..." she said rolling her eyes.

Then she looked at Gabriel. "It makes me wonder how you said Fritz had a crush on Jeremy when we were alive,"

"I know he did, I vaguely remember it..." Gabriel said. "To be honest, I vaguely remember everything. I even almost forgot my name..."

"Geez, that's horrible that you almost forgot your own name," Hayner said.

"Yeah... thanks... to all of you for helping me remember,"

Michael, again felt warm inside that he helped them. But then, he noticed weird stains on Chica.

"Um... Susie...? What are those... stains?" He asked.

Susie looked confused.

Gabriel looked at her. "Oh... Pizza..." He said.

"P-Pizza?" Michael asked confused.

"Oh... yeah," Susie said. "When I was alive, Pizza was my favorite food. I... um.. always still want to eat it," She said looking embarrassed. "I go into the kitchen from time to time to eat the leftover pizza, obviously, I don't really eat it. I just put it in my mouth, and pretend I'm eating..."

Michael felt bad about that. "Oh... man I'm so sorry," He said.

"Eh, don't be. It wasn't your fault," she said.

"Speaking of Pizza, I want some," then she got up, and walked over to the kitchen.

Michael watched her walk away.

"So... Michael... What do you really plan to do?" Asked Gabriel.

"Huh?" Michael looked over at the bear.

"What do you plan to do? With, him... when you find him? And not just you, but also Sora, and the rest?"

Michael didn't know what to do. He wanted to kill him, but he remembered Cassidy told him not to. But, would he tell Gabriel that?

"I don't know to be honest," Michael said.

Gabriel called Jeremy and Fritz over to hear what he had to say. They came over, after getting angry at each other about the game.

Michael looked at the fox and the rabbit as they stood over him.

"Um... Cassidy told us not to kill him," He decided to let them know.

Gabriel blinked. "Wait... So you saw her?"

Michael nodded, "I did..."

"Where is she?" Fritz asked.

"We don't really know," Roxas said. "She has... powers as a spirit.."

Gabriel and Jeremy looked at each other, then back at them.

"Powers? Really?" Gabriel asked.

Michael nodded. "And... she's being accompanied by my little bother, they're both in the suit,"

"Hmm.." Jeremy said. "Gabe, do you think we should tell them what he heard a few months ago?"

Gabriel nodded. "Yes. Let's. They're trustworthy."

Gabriel was about to talk, but then Susie came out of the kitchen, holding a pizza in her hand.

She came over and started to chew on it.

Gabriel took no notice and started to talk. "When we were up on the stage one night. We heard a guard talking about-," But then he got interrupted by the loud chewing Susie was making with the pizza.

He tried not to take any notice and continued to talk, but the loud chewing was very annoying to him.

"Susie, can you stop chewing so freaking loud?" He asked, annoyed.

"Geez, leave Susie alone, Gabriel, and just tell them what you were gonna say," Jeremy said.

"The freak is you gonna do if I don't?" Gabriel snapped at Jeremy.

Jeremy made the Bonnie animatronic glitch, and he jumped on Gabriel. "AHHH!" Gabriel yelled.

Susie just looked down at them on the floor, arching her eyebrow.

Fritz facepalmed.

"Uhh..." Michael said.

Sora couldn't help himself, he had to giggle at the situation. These kids were seriously just acting like a bunch of children.

Fritz sighed. "What Gabriel meant to say, is that we heard a guard talking about some weird junk. At first, they plan to close the restaurant down. That's one thing. But we remember them mentioning his name... but... I don't think we got the full conversation,"

Michael gasped. "Did the say where he could be?!"

"For them to be talking about him, must mean he is still here in Hurricane. I don't think he ever left," Susie said.

"She's right!" Jeremy said, getting off the floor.

Gabriel grunted. "You didn't need to shove me down onto the ground like this,"

"I can't believe it,"

They heard a voice say Michael and the rest of the humans looked behind them at the wall. There was a golden bear, sitting on the floor.

"You... gained their trust? I...I don't believe it. Michael, I'm impressed."

"Cassidy!" Michael exclaimed. "And... Evan?"

"I'm here, Michael!" Evan said cheerfully.

"All of you, not just you Michael, but Sora, Roxas, and Hayner. Congrats. You gained the trust of angry spirits,"

Gabriel blinked. "Wait... Cass?!"

The golden bear's head turned over to Freddy.

"Yes... it's me. How are you, Gabriel?"

"Cassidy! Yes! I remember now! You were friends with all of us!" Fritz said

"Yeah! You were! Come, come give us all a hug!" Susie said.

"I can't move normally," Cassidy told them. "I'm just a suit, and I don't have enough energy to suck you guys into the suit like what I did with Michael. But... it is good to hear your voices again,"

Michael smiled, then looked at Sora and his friends.

"We... reunited them..." He whispered to them.

"I'm so happy right now," Sora said back to him, with a smile.

But there was another voice. A voice none of them heard before. Well, none of the kids, plus Michael had heard. Sora, Roxas, and Hayner recnoized it just fine.

 

"Well, well, well... Of all games, I wouldn't expect you to come here, Sora...."

 

 

Gabriel blinked. "Did... someone say something?"

"Who said that?" Cassidy asked.

Michael looked around but then notched the sheer terror on Sora and his friend's faces.

Sora and his friends looked at each other with worry.

"Oh god... why now?" Roxas whispered.

Sora then summed his keyblade.

"Woah!" Gabriel yelled.

Fritz stared at Sora. "Heyyy... You hurt me we that! You shot some ice shard at me a few years ago!"

Sora remembered he was about to apologize, but then, the Dark Figure showed himself up.

Everyone stared at it.

"Befriending a bunch of angry spirits? Leave it to Sora to do that," it said.

Sora aimed his keyblade at it. "It wasn't just me for your information. Get lost! You don't belong in these worlds."

Michael gasped because he realized this was the exact thing Sora talked about 6 years ago. He remembered he mentioned about a dark entity. And... there it was.

"Um... what is this?" Susie asked.

But, Cassidy was a step ahead of everyone.

 

The golden Freddy suit started to levitate in the air. The pitch-black eyes in the suit made a faint white glow, the size of a small dot.

"I don't know who you are, and quite frankly, what you are, but I sense a lot of immoral intentions with you. Be gone, or I'll unleash hell upon your soul," Cassidy said sternly. "I was saving this for Mr.Afton, but I wouldn't hesitate to do it to you,"

The dark figure turned around, and the letter on his chest flickered.

"Shut up you golden husk," The dark figure seemed like it was going to use one of his powers to hurt Cassidy, but it was no match for her.

Cassidy unleashed a massive force, the dark figure soared past the animatronics and then bashed into the wall.

"Holy cow!" Yelled Gabriel. The other animatronics were stunned. The dark figure shot up into the air, and Cassidy started to choke it.

"Leave this place. And never come back," She said calmly. "Come back again, and I'll end your life, right then, and here, you are what Sora and his friends talked about... you are no match for me-,"

Then, she let go, and the dark figure dropped to the ground.

The animatronics, Michael, Sora, and his friends watched in horror. The dark figure panted, then looked at Cassidy, with anger in his eyes. "You... you are going to regret this..."

Then, it disappeared.

But it wasn't over.

For the first time since Sora and his friends have been in the game worlds...

The Heartless appeared.

Chapter 26: 2023

Chapter Text

"What are these things?!" Gabriel yelled out.

Sora and Roxas quickly summoned their keyblades and charged at the heartless. Sora smacked one, with Roxas using Thunderaga on one of them.

All of the animatronics and Michael stood back, watching Sora Roxas and Hayner, defeat these dark creatures with their weapons.

Cassidy tried to help out and used her powers and shoved most of them into the wall.

"What the hell is going on-?" Fritz said.

Jeremy looked at him. "I feel like we've been asleep for so long, and it's like we just woke up in some fictional movie,"

Jeremy wasn't wrong with that. The poor souls have been trapped away in the animatronics as angry spirits for so long, but Sora and the rest, made them gain a conscious again. But this isn't a great thing to wake up to.

But then the heartless tried to jump on the other animatronics. "Ahh! Don't let it get me!" Jeremy cried, and he hid behind Fritz. Cassidy quickly looked over to them, then used her power to throw it off of them.

After a few minutes, the Heartless were defeated. "Great work guys," Sora said to his two friends, then turned to Cassidy. "Thanks for your help Cass," Sora said. The golden bear's head nodded onetime. They all turned around to see shocked faces on the other animatronics, and even Michael. Sora looked back at his friends, and back at everyone else.

"Yeah, um... I know that probably looked crazy," Roxas said.

They stayed silent for a little while.

"Crazy? That was bloody insane-," Michael managed to say. "What were those things?"

"The heartless, it's something that... isn't good. And that dark creature? Yeah, worse than the heartless," Sora said.

"Will it ever come back?" Gabriel asked.

"It might," Sora said.

"Well that's reassuring-," Michael sarcastically stated.

But Sora didn't want them to just focus on the dark figure. Because that's probably what it would even want. Sora knows he had to make the residents of this world, focus on what they have to do. And that's Michael. He has to track down his father.

So, for once, Sora tried not to break the world's outcome.

"So... uh... back to what you guys were saying before... with... um..."

Michael nodded. "Yeah, about father. But-, don't you think this dark creature should... also be stopped? You talked about it to me before. It's been a while, I've failed to recall some details,"

"It's only us three it wants," Sora said gesturing to his two friends. "Not you guys," what he said, most likely isn't true. The dark figure definitely does want something to do with the world, but he knows he can't say that to them.

Then, Sora saw something glowing down the hallway, which lead down to the office.

The animatronics and Michael were facing toward Sora and the rest, from the prize counter. So, they didn't see. Sora, without them noticing, tried to take a peak to see what it was.

Once he looked down the hallway, he saw that the office door turned into that white door, the door that lead back to the small Fredbear.

That meant their time in this part, was over.

'Oh no... what awaits us in those other doors?' Sora thought to himself. They still haven't found the gem. They need to find the gem to stop the dark figure from attacking this game world.

Sora nudged Roxas's arm slowly, telling subtlety about the door. Once Roxas noticed, he nodded. "Right..." He whispered. "Hey, guys... we are going to go to the office to get something," Roxas said.

Michael looked up at Roxas. "Huh? The office? Do you want me to come with you?"

Roxas shook his head. "No, you stay here with the kids, and discuss where Afton could be,"

Michael nodded. "Alright, I'll see you in a little bit,"

Roxas took Sora's and Roxas's hands and walked them down the hallway.

They saw that door that closes vertically, really was replaced with that white door.

"Do you think it was okay to lie to them like that?" Hayner asked.

"We can't let them know of this thing's existence," Roxas said. "They already are catching on that we are from a different world. But we don't have to let them know how we actually travel around. Sooner or later, if they find this door, they might try to leave through it. And who knows what will happen if they end up going to Mark's world," Roxas finished.

They nodded. That possibility could be lethal. It might seem innocent on paper, but to have "fictional characters" wander around the "real world" With no guidance can be a huge problem.

Sora opened the door. "I hope they all find the answers they're looking for," He whispered as he entered through the door. Hayner and Roxas followed.

"Yeah, me too," Hayner said.

Once they closed the door, the door locked.

"This is the first time I've seen you three enter one of the doors normally, and not get blasted through it," They heard the small Fredbear say.

They turned their head and looked down, the tiny animatronic was looking up at them.

Sora and his friends looked at each other. Because they still didn't know what this thing was.

"What... is your full name? Is your name really Fredbear?" Sora asked.

Fredbear tilted his head. "Well, my full name is Adventure Fredbear, but you can just call me Fredbear,"

Sora looked at Roxas, then at Fredbear.

"Adventure Fredbear?" Hayner asked.

"Yes!" Fredbear said. "To be honest, I don't know why my name is that exactly, but I do love a good adventure!"

Sora looked behind him. There was another door. And it was the last one.

"Guys... Let's go in," Sora said.

Roxas and Hayner were talking to Fredbear, but they saw that Sora was eager to go inside the new door.

"We'll be back soon Fredbear," Sora said.

"Please be safe, alright..."

Sora Roxas and Hayner opened the door, then closed it behind them.

"Why the hell are we in the middle of nowhere-?" Sora stated.

All they could see, was what seemed to be a desert, in the night sky. But, what they were supposed to see, was behind them.

"Guys, a building is behind the door," Roxas said.

The door seemed to have summoned into a parking lot, and directly behind them, was a medium-sized building. If it weren't for spotlights on the signs, they wouldn't have been able to read it since the night was very dark.

Fazbear's Fright

With a little slip under the sign, saying: (Coming Soon)

"What the? What is Fazbear's Fright?" Sora asked, blinking. "What does that mean? What happened to the pizzeria?"

They walked closer, only to see a man, standing by the door. He was looking down at a piece of paper. "Is this the place? It's gotta be..." The man knocked on the door.

Sora, Roxas, and Hayner approached him.

"They told me it was this... What the hell did they do with the Fazbear's brand?" The man said as he waited.

"Um... excuse me?" Sora said.

The man turned around to look at Sora. As soon as the man saw him, he gasped.

Sora and his friends stopped. It looked like the man recognized them, but they had never seen this man before.

"Uhh... Hello?" Roxas asked.

The man blinked. "It's... been thirty years..." The man said.

That's when Sora realized that the man had a British accent.

"Wait... Michael?!" Sora said, shocked.

"Huh? How is that Michael? That doesn't look like Michael at all!" Roxas said.

Michael's skin is supposed to be purple, but this man's skin was flesh-colored.

Without warning, "Michael" came over to them, and grabbed them all in for a hug.

"OOOF!" Sora and all his friends gasped, as Michael hugged them. "I thought I was never going to see you all again!"

"Michael? So it is you... why do you... look... 'normal'?" Hayner asked.

Michael broke from the hug. "Huh? What do you mean?"

"You don't look purple... and you look like an old man," Hayner said.

Michael blinked, but then he gasped. "Oh, yes! Wow, that's how long it's been since I've seen you? Alright... uh... oh bloody hell, it's been so long, did I tell you all about... the remnant? Right? Have I?"

Sora and his friends nodded.

"Yeah," Sora said. "You said that remnant makes souls get attracted to objects. And your body was one,"

Michael nodded. "Alright, so... Well, it turned out remnant also has healing things with it, it started to heal my skin,"

Sora and the rest looked shocked. "Woah seriously?"

Michael nodded and smiled. "Yeah!"

"So... What are you doing here?" Sora asked, gesturing to the building. "What is Fazbear's Fright? And most importantly... did you track down your father?"

Michael sighed after hearing Sora mention Afton.

"No," Michael said shaking his head. "This is my final time trying," He said. Then he turned to the building. "A guard is supposed to meet up with me to greet me, but whoever it is, is late as all hell,"

Sora felt sad that Michael still didn't accomplish what he needed to do.

"Did this place stand out or something?" Sora asked.

"Yes, it did. Apparently with the disasters that went down at the other pizzerias, it's all still a mystery to the public eye. Some 3rd party company created this... a museum with old artifacts from the old locations," Michael explained. "I was on the brink of giving up, but when I heard that this was becoming a thing, I decided to give it one final shot. Apparently, it's supposed to have different relics and things, hopefully, I can find something to finally give me answers,"

"Oh, here comes someone," Michael said.

There was a man, walking down the hallway. They could see him inside the glass door. He came up to the door. "Ah, you must be Mike," He said smiling as he opened the door. "Come in, come in,"

 

But then he saw the Kingdom Hearts characters. He looked at them, then back at Michael. "Oh... uh," Michael said. "Those are my... kids. I don't have no one to look after them, it's alright if they stay with me?"

The man blinked, then nodded. "Sure, as long as they don't cause any problems," he said. He opened the door wider. "They can stay,"

Michael sighed in relief, as he and the rest walked in.

"I see your kids are really into Anime, Do they like cosplay? It seems like they do," The man said.

Uh oh.

Sora winced and glanced up at Michael.

"Uhh... y-yeah! You know the... youth... always into um, cosplay..." Michael recoiled from what he said and covered his face. Thankfully the man didn't see him.

"Well, that's pretty rad. I'm into old-school anime. I adore it just as much as I love these old-school animatronic pizzerias,"

Michael nodded. "So... uh.. what am I doing for the night?" He asked.

"Ok, so I heard that you worked at previous locations when I read your Résumé," The man said. "That implies that you know how the cameras work? Right?"

Michael nodded. "Yes,"

"Ok, well, there isn't much to worry about here, for now. Plus, we haven't found any animatronics... yet. We really want to at least find one, but most of them have been destroyed I believe. We did find some empty heads, they're in your office,"

They walked through the hallways of this place.

"This place... feels creepy," Roxas said.

The man chuckled. "Well, that means we did a good job!" He said. "Freddy Fazbear's has quite the history of horror. We tried to make this place as creepy as possible!"

"Well, you sure seemed to have pulled that off," Hayner said.

They walked through a hallway, that had a long glass window. "Inside that window, is your office Mike," The man said, "follow me,"

They walked around a corner, then into a door. "Ok, so, here is a tape," The man handed Michael a cassette.

"Our last night guard bailed on us light night, apparently he had to do something. We are so very lucky when you applied. So, the tape is going to speak to you, as if you were that other guy, but other than that, it'll be fine. Just check the cameras. This place really does have relics, and we wouldn't want anyone coming in to rob the place. If you see any suspicious activity, call the police immediately!"

Michael nodded. "Got it,"

He sat at his desk.

Sora and his friends hung around behind him.

The man nodded, then left. "I'll lock the door on my way out, so don't worry about that."

Michael looked around the office before he placed the tape in. He looked at the cameras. There were so many cameras. "Ok... why does this place need so many cameras?"

"And what's this?" Sora asked, pointing to a panel to the left.

Audio Devices -

Camera System-

Ventilation-

Reboot All-

"I have no idea," Michael said. "Hopefully the tape would tell me," He said looking at the old-school tape.

Michael inserted the cassette into a cassette player on his desk.

He-hey! Glad you came back for another night! I promise it'll be a LOT more interesting this time! We found som-some great new relics over the weekend, and were out tracking down a new lead RIGHT NOW!

Michael paused the recording and looked around the room. He remembered the man said there were some relics in the room. He then saw a box. The box was filled with some animatronic heads and some loose suits. "Huh-," Michael said as he had gotten up to look at it. "They're in pretty good condition..." Michael said as he picked the Toy Bonnie's head up.

"Um... What happened to... the spirits?" Sora asked.

"The ghosts who haunt the robots?" Michael asked. "Well, I've actually gotten close to them. After that night you guys left again, I've started to talk to them for weeks. They were very sweet, but Cassidy kept on getting mad with me when I hinted that I wanted to get rid of Afton. She wanted to do it herself, as she told me," Michael paused for a second. "Anyways... I made the mistake of trying to talk to them in the daytime, and a day guard caught me. I know I must have looked like a mad fool to her, I got fired, and I haven't seen them since,"

"Why would they fire you for that?"

"Fazbear's workers are always on the edge with everything," Michael said, then resumed the recording.

So, uhh- let me just update you real quick, then you can get to work. Like, the attraction opens in like a week, so we have to make sure EVERYTHING works, and nothing catches on fire! Uhm, when the place opens, people will come in at the opposite end of the building, and works their towards you, and PASS you, and out the exit. Uh, yeah you've officially become part of the attraction. Uh, you'll be starring as... The Security Guard! So not only will you be monitoring the people on the camera as they pass through, you know, to make sure no one STEALS anything or, (makes out?) at the corner, but you'll also be a part of the show! It'll make it feel, really authentic I think. Uh, now let me tell you about what's new. We found another set of drawings, always nice, AND A FOXY HEAD! Which we think could be authentic! Then again, it might just be another crappy cosplay. And we found a Desk fan, very old school, metal though, so watch the fingers! Uh, heh! Uhm, right now the place is basically just, you know, FLASHING LIGHTS and SPOOKY PROPS. I honestly thought we'd have more by now, uh so if we don't have anything really cool by next week, we may have to suit you up in a (Freddy/Furry?) suit, and make you walk around saying: "BOOO!" Hehe. Uh, but you know like I said, were trying to track down, a good lead right now. Uh, some guy who helped design one of the buildings, said there was like, an extra room that got boarded up..? Or something like that. So! We're gonna take a peak, and see what we can find. Uh, for now just get comfortable with the new setup. You can check the security cameras over on your right, with a click of that blue button. Uh, you can toggle between the Hall cams and the Vent cams. Uh, then over on your far left, you can flip up your maintenance panel. You know, use this to reboot any systems that may go offline. Uh, in trying to make the place feel more vintage we have overdone it a bit! Heh heh. Some of this equipment is BARELY functional! Uh, I wasn't joking about the fire, that- that's a real risk. Uhm, but the MOST IMPORTANT THING, you have to watch for, is the Ventilation. Look, this place will give you the spooks man, and if you let that ventilation go offline, then you'll start seeing some craaazy stuff man, keep that air blowing! Ok, keep an eye on things, and we'll try to have something new for ya' tomorrow night."

Michael stopped the recording and took the cassette out. "Alright, so they're collecting things from the past locations," Michael said.

"But it seems like they're really wanting an animatronic," Sora said.

"I wonder if they'll find one of the originals? I did promise those souls that I'd free them, but then I got fired," Then Michael shook his head, remembering something the cassette said, "There is no way I'm putting on a costume to scare people," He said.

"I can do that if you want," Hayner giggled. Sora just rolled his eyes playfully.

Michael looked at the other screen. "Why is the ventilation here so... wonky? Geez, just like the actual locations there is something abnormal always occurring with the building itself,"

Michael looked at Sora, Roxas, and Hayner. "You three can walk about, there is nothing to worry about here. Go and walk around while I get used to this... camera setup,"

Sora nodded. "C'mon, guys!" He said to his friends.

They left Michael and walked into the other parts of the building. "This place seems so quiet... and run down," Hayner said to them as they walked.

"I think that's the point," Roxas said, "It's supposed to be,"

There were masks of the animatronic characters all over the place, hanging on walls, and up on shelves. But then they came into a room. There was a stage in there, and it said:

Reserved. Do not TAMPER.

"Reserved? Reserved for what?" Hayner asked. Roxas looked up and saw a camera, that was in the room, looking down on them. "Hey, Michael? What's this about?"

Michael heard them on the camera. "Huh? Wow, these cameras have microphones and speakers on them?" Michael tried to find the camera his old friends were in. He finally found it.

"Hmmm...." Michael said looking into the camera. "I have no idea," Then, he thought for a moment. "Well, maybe that's where they plan to put the animatronics on-?"

"Well, obviously," Hayner said. "But will they ever get any?"

"Time will tell," Michael said.

Michael looked back at the camera. "What the hell is this thing-?" Michael pressed a button.

Hello?

Sora looked up at the camera. "Uh? Michael? Do you have a kid with you or something?"

"That sounded like it came from the camera itself, to be honest," Hayner said.

"Uhh... I have no idea that I just did-," Michael said, blinking. "I just pressed this-,"

Hahaha

Michael blinked, as he saw his friends look up at the camera again. "It said 'audio' I have no idea what's it for," He said. "There's a lot of things here that I don't-," Then, the screen went black. Michael gasped slightly. "Uh? Hello?" He said. He didn't hear anyone respond. He looked to the left and saw two things on the right panel flashing, the audio and the camera.

Two of them were flashing, so he pressed 'Reboot All'

Then, he heard a sound coming from outside the door to his office.

He blinked. "Hello?" Michael called out. There was nothing. "Sora? Hayner? Anyone? Was that you?"

There was still no sound.

By then, the camera was working. Michael quickly went back to it and saw that Sora and his friends were gone. He felt relieved when he saw them on another camera, walking back to the office.

But he nearly had a heart attack when he looked back to the door.

There was a glowing, blue hue. In the shape of a person. When Michael looked closer, he saw that it was...

A spirit.

Michael gasped. "W-What?" He asked.

The spirit walked closer to Michael.

Michael looked around because he didn't know what to do. "Michael?" Said the spirit.

Michael blinked. "Y-Yes?" He asked, on edge.

"It's me... Gabriel," It said.

Michael gasped. "Gabriel? Wait... F-Freddy?!"

The spirit chuckled a little. "Yes, I used to be Freddy!"

Michael was so very happy to see at least one of them again, but he was also confused about why Gabriel was out of the animatronic. "Gabriel, how... how are you-,"

Gabriel smiled. "I can explain-,"

***

"Cassidy, this isn't what we agreed on, we are free now, that's all that matters,"

The angry spirit looked towards her friends. "No... when will you all understand me? I don't care if Mr. Afton came back and tore our animatronics apart. He only did that because of guilt I'm sure. He's not sorry. And he never will be," Cassidy responded, with anger in her voice. She looked at Charlie. "Come on Charlie, back me up here."

"Cassidy, I can't. I'm upset with Afton too... but we can't... torture him! Just let him die!" She yelled.

Cassidy grunted, she didn't like what Charlie said at all. "What? Oh, come on, not you too!"

Fritz sighed. "Come on Cass, Evan is with you for goodness sake,"

"So? What does that have to do with anything?" Cassidy asked.

"Don't you think it'll be a little barbaric to make him watch his own father get... tortured? I understand that Afton is not a good person, but it's still Evan's father, you got to understand that," Gabriel said to her. "Come on, be reasonable."

"I AM REASONABLE!" Cassidy snapped at him, with fury in her eyes. Gabriel gasped and jumped back a little.

"Cassidy! Calm down! Please!" Jeremy said, very concerned.

"Listen Cass, we are all mad at Afton. There is no doubt about that. But what you're doing is too far, Michael was and still is even on our side, and you tried to stop him from finding his father, just because you want to get to him first," Susie said.

Cassidy looked at her.

"Please, don't do this, and not with Evan beside you. You've been together with Evan for so long in that Fredbear suit, he looks up to you as an older sister," Susie continued.

Cassidy looked down, at Evan, who was looking up at her. "Well, Evan can hide in a room, while we do our thing,"

"Cass, are you freaking serious?!" Charlie yelled.

Cassidy hovered in the air. "You five will do what I want...I want Mr. Afton to pay for what he did to me,"

The rest of the spirits backed away from their friend. "C-Cass!"

****

Cassidy got them to listen to her. They left the room, and Evan stayed behind.

They all floated down the hallway, they saw their killer, standing near a wall, leaning up against it, mumbling something to himself.

"Well, Mr. Afton... we meet again-," Cassidy said.

William gasped and quickly turned around. "No!" He yelled. "Get away from me!"

"You think that you can let what you did to us, slide?" Cassidy asked with an edge to her voice.

"W-What are you going to do to me?"

"Whatever it'll take to make you experience the pain I felt,"

"No! Get away from me!" William quickly got up and ran down the hallway.

"After him," Cassidy said coldly.

"C-Cassidy, I really don't think-"

"I SAID AFTER HIM!" Cassidy bellowed.

The other spirits did what they were told, chasing after William, with Cassidy in the lead.

William dodged into a room, and once the spirits finally ducked in there, William was gone.

"Where did he go?" Cassidy asked, with irritation in her voice. "He just turned in here!"

The room had a lot of old parts of robots. There was even a noticeable spring-bonnie suit.

"Hey, doesn't that look like-," Gabriel pointed to the robot suit.

Cassidy looked at it. She now knew where Afton was.

"You think that trick can work on us again, Mr. Afton?" Cassidy asked.

The robot stood up, it was about to move forward.

But since the building they were in, was so old, there was an opening at the top. There was a thunderstorm going on outside.

As soon as William stepped forward in the old spring lock suit, the water touched the animatronic.

There was a loud-

clang!

Then-

AHHHHHHHH!

Blood splashed all over the place, as William's scream started to sound like his lungs were being filled with liquid, then, he fell over, and slammed onto the floor.

The spirits stared in horror, as Cassidy just stood there with no expression on her face.

"If... I was alive, I think I would have just thrown up..." Gabriel said, looking visibly disturbed.

"Oh god..." Susie said, covering her mouth.

"Well, you're pleased now Cassidy? He got tormented before his death. Congrats," Charlie coldly said.

"No," Cassidy said.

"NO?!" They all yelled.

"Mr. Afton... needs more pain..." She walked up to the animatronic rabbit. Then, she placed her hand on the robot.

"Cassidy, what are you doing?" Gabriel asked confused.

"Nothing of your concern," Cassidy responded.

****

Michael blinked at Gabriel. "Are... A-Are you saying that father... is dead? He died by the spring-lock failure?" Michael was speechless. "I can't believe that, how? He died... by the thing he used to lure you guys with?"

"Talk about karma, I guess," Gabriel said, with a shrug.

"Did, Cassidy plan this?"

"She wanted to really hurt Afton. But I don't think... she had that in mind. She did touch the suit after, I don't know why did that. She didn't tell,"

"So... where is she now?"

"I don't know. I don't know where anyone else is. I don't think we are truly free. And ever since that day, we kind of split. You brought us back together those years ago, but because of Cassidy's rage, it just... poofed us right back to step one,"

Michael sighed. He then heard footsteps.

It was Sora and his two friends.

"Michael, we-"

But then Hayner saw Gabriel.

"AHH A GHOST!" He yelled out and turned to run, but then he collided into Sora and Roxas and they both fell over.

"Hayner! It's ok! This is Gabriel!" Michael said.

Hayner got off the floor. 'Gabriel? One of the spirits who haunt the robots?"

"Yes," Michael said.

Roxas pushed Hayner off of him, with a grunt. "Get off me,"

Gabriel stepped over to them, then he explain everything he told Michael.

***

"What the hell? So... she really is angry huh?" Hayner asked.

"And I'm afraid her anger split all of us up,"

"We have to help you guys!" Sora said.

Gabriel smiled. "I appreciate your concern Sora, but I'm not sure you can help,"

It was nearly 6 am.

And Michael found it weird how Sora and his friends were still there. They usually leave by now. "Huh... you three are still here with me?"

Sora looked at him. "Yeah...we are.... strange..."

"Well, I don't have much, but you all are welcome to crash in my place, as I said, I don't have much, but I have a decent sofa, and a blow-up mattress, you all can stay there until tomorrow morning,"

Sora and his friends nodded.

It seemed like their work wasn't done here. There was still something that needed to be done it seemed like. And they had to do it, to trigger the door to show up.

 

Chapter 27: The Second Night

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

So, Michael locked up the restaurant. With the help of Sora Roxas and Hayner. Gabriel seemed to have disappeared, and Michael couldn't find him anywhere.

"Maybe he left...?" Hayner said.

"Yeah, Maybe he did," Roxas said.

Michael turned off the cameras and the computers.

Michael sighed, "Probably," Michael and the rest walked to the exit. "I'll pick something up for you to eat at a fast food place or something, you all want something?" Michael said.

Hayner's stomach growled. "Yes please, I'm starving," Hayner said, rubbing his belly.

"What about you?" Sora asked. "You're not going to eat anything?"

"I still can't really eat food," Michael said. "The remnant healed me only partially,"

Michael opened the door and exited Fazbear's Fright. Once they all left the door, Michael shut it and locked it. After that, Michael walked them over to his car.

"I'm glad that my skin started to clear up after all those years, it made it a little easier to blend in, with most things," Michael mentioned on the walk to the car.

"Have you tried to go back to a normal life?" Sora asked.

"Somewhat. I still... I still feel lifeless. I still feel like I'm not supposed to be alive. Maybe I'll find a purpose soon. If what Gabriel said is true, father is no more," Then, Michael shook his head with a small chuckle. "I thought when I got the news that my father would be gone from existence... I thought I'd finally find peace..."

"Michael, he's still your father. It's normal if you would feel indifferent about him not being here anymore," Roxas said.

Michael sighed. "You're right..."

They neared Michael's car, so Michael pressed the buttons on his car keys and unlocked the doors.

Once everyone was in, Michael turned on the car and drove to his house, but not without stopping at a fast food location first for Sora and the rest.

"So... is Freddy Fazbear's really closed down?" Roxas asked as Michael handed him his sandwich.

"As much as I know, yes. The place is... like a relic now. I was very surprised when this Fazbear's Fight came to be," Michael then handed Sora and Hayner their food. "I mean, it makes sense. Even though I knew about what happened with my father and the killings, the public doesn't know the full story. And there is still-," Michael started the car engine again, to drive out from the fast food place's drive-thru. "-a massive weird vibe with the old places. Not to mention those dangerous spring-lock suits. Those were a mess from the start. I don't know why Henry even permitted that to happen," Michael said, shaking his head.

Hayner bit into his burger. "Spring-lock?"

"Isn't that what William showed us?" Sora said.

Michael looked in the rearview mirror and looked at Sora. "William showed you the spring-lock suits?" He asked, with an arched eyebrow.

"Yeah, I think we told you?" Sora said.

"If you did, I can't remember," Michael said, as he changed lanes. "It's been a while since we met and have had that conversation I suppose," Michael said. Which, was true. It's been 30 years for Michael. Of course, he wouldn't remember everything thing that was said to him. "How did he show you? What did he do?"

"Well, it was when you were 15, so you probably really don't remember," Roxas said.

"Yeah," Hayner said.

"He tricked us and pretended he was going to give us a lesson on how the Spring-lock animatronics work," Sora said.

Michael was taking glances at them in the rearview mirror. "Huh..." He said.

"And that's the weird thing- he did give us a lesson," Roxas said, "It was once he was done, he pulled out a knife at us,"

"He was no match for us Keyblade wielders," Sora said as he ate some of his fries.

Michael was trying to remember, but he couldn't. "I'm sorry, I truly cannot remember," He said putting his hand to his forehead.

"That's fine Michael, it's all good," Roxas said, giving a reassuring smile.

Sora knew why Michael probably couldn't remember. He was going to say, but he didn't want to hurt Michael. It was that day, Evan died. Michael probably has been trying to forget that day existed, and since that what had happened between Sora and his friends happened on the same day, it also left Michael to forget that as well.

Sora now forgives Michael for it. He knows Michael didn't mean to, and he was deeply sorry. He's going through a lot now, so Sora didn't want to add to it.

In a half hour of driving in the early morning through Hurricane, they finally reached Michael's house. "I was just happy I was able to buy this place for myself," Michael said, as he drove the car into the driveway.

The house wasn't that big, but there was an extra room for Sora and the rest.

***

"Alright, so, you guys were able to brush your teeth, I finally found the extra toothbrushes, thank goodness-," Michael said.

Sora chuckled. "Michael, we told you it was totally fine," he giggled. "You didn't have to go on basically a scavenger hunt to find three extra toothbrushes,"

Michael chuckled. "Well, this is the first time I've ever had guests over," He said. "If there was one good thing father ever taught me, it was to always treat your guests right,"

Michael turned to leave the bedroom. "Goodnight," He said. " The boss man said he probably needs my help in the afternoon to help move the animatronic into the building,"

"Oh? They got an animatronic?" Sora asked.

"Yeah, one of them called me while you three were taking turns in the shower. Said they got the shipment. So tomorrow night, I'll be there to help,"

"I tried my best to close the windows tight since you all are sleeping through the daytime," Michael said before he left.

"It's fine Michael," Sora said. "We survive Twilight Town, so this is nothing to us,"

Michael nodded. "Don't know what that is, but ok," Then he left and closed the door.

Roxas slapped Sora's arm once Michael left. "Dude," he said, with a pout.

Sora rolled his eyes. "Oh come on, I didn't tell him anything else,"

Sora looked at the room. There was a bed and an air mattress.

But there were only three of them.

"One of us is gonna have to share a bed," Sora said.

Hayner blushed, then quickly looked at Roxas, then blushed more.

"U-Uh... I'll... I'll share the bed with you Sora..." Hayner said.

Sora sighed. "You don't wanna sleep with me, I usually get restless and I might roll over you by accident,"

Hayner blushed a lot. Then looked at Roxas.

"You'll have to share it with Roxas, I'm sure Roxas wouldn't mind," Sora said as he turned around to Hayner.

Roxas looked at him. "Why are you blushing like that?" Roxas said notching the blush on Hayner.

"N-Nothing!" Hayner yelled.

Roxas just shook his head, "I'll take the air mattress, come on Hayner,"

Hayner blushed a lot. "Ok..."

****

Sora lay on the bed, staring at the ceiling. He felt tired, but for some reason, he couldn't sleep. It couldn't be because it was daylight outside. After all, he slept in Twilight Town countless times.

Or maybe he was worried about the worlds. About the dark figure.

Or maybe he was thinking about his boyfriend, Mark. "Geez, how long have I been away from him?" Sora thought to himself. He did tell Mark that he was leaving for a while, but he was sure he was going to be in and out of these worlds quickly. It felt like they were in this Freddy Fazbear's Pizza game forever. He didn't even get to meet up with Mark after they had left Minecraft. They were just so eager to jump into a new world to find the dark figure. "I just hope he isn't too worried," Sora said as he rolled over.

Once Sora rolled over, he saw Roxas and Hayner on the air mattress. Hayner was lying on his side, Roxas was behind him, and his arm was over Hayner's body.

"Aww," Sora said, with a chuckle. Then, he sighed. Roxas and Hayner were asleep, so he decided to try and sleep too.

But now, his brain started to think what the game could be called.

"Freddy Fazbear's Pizza Game?"

"Freddy Horror Nights?"

"Maybe... Animatronics: Case of The Missing Children?" Then, Sora shook his head. "Nah, that sounds terrible," Sora thought to himself.

After that, he closed his eyes, and he soon fell asleep.

***

Sora eventually woke up. Once he did, he looked out the window. It looked dark outside. He remembered there being a clock in the room, he looked at the dresser. It was 6 pm.

He looked to the side, Hayner and Roxas were still asleep, and Roxas still had his arm over Hayner. Sora smiled at it, he didn't want to wake them.

Then there was a small knock on the door.

"Hm? Yeah?"

"Sora, it's me Michael, may I come in?"

"Yeah," Sora said. Michael opened the door and walked inside. "Morning Sora... er, well, I should say 'Night' Sora," Michael said with a chuckle. Sora chuckled along with him.

"While you guys were asleep, I made a quick run to the store to buy some eggs," Michael said. "And I got some bread to make toast. Oh! And orange juice!"

Sora smiled. He felt grateful that Michael was going out of his way to help them out, especially with the fact that he got all of those things even though he can't eat.

"You guys can come out when you are ready," Michael said. "I see Roxas and Hayner are still asleep, and they seem rather comfortable on the mattress there,"

Sora giggled when he heard Michael remark on what Roxas and Hayner were doing.

"Sure thing Mike! We'll come out soon,"

Sora looked at his two friends. "Hey, wake up you two," He said quietly.

"Hmmm...." Hayner said in his sleep.

Roxas, was the first to wake. He noticed that he was very close to Hayner. He blushed slightly. "O-Oh..." He said.

Sora chuckled.

"Hayner, wake up," Roxad said gently.

Hayner groaned in his sleep, he didn't want to wake up.

Then, there was a loud crash outside the door, and it jumped Hayner awake.

"Don't worry lads!" Michael yelled from outside. "I just dropped all the damn pans... I'm ok though!"

Sora started to snicker from Hayner's reaction. "The hell just happened...?" Hayner asked.

"After everything that we went through in this world, it's the sound of pans falling that makes you jump like that!" Sora busted out laughing.

Roxas then started to giggle at what Sora said.

Hayner looked at both of them, then pouted.

***

"Wow... I haven't sat at a table... with people in a very long time," Michael said as he watched his three friends eat.

Sora just smiled at him. He was happy that Michael seemed like he was enjoying the company of them.

"Michael? You said something about... an animatronic last night?" Roxas said as he ate his toast.

"Hm? Oh! Oh, right! Yes, they told me that they got an animatronic! They didn't tell me what animatronic though. I wonder who it is..." Michael said.

"You think it could be Freddy?" Sora asked.

"Not sure. It would make sense though right? Freddy is the main star. They probably got the first Freddy from the old location..."

"You mean... the gold one?"

"The gold one? Oh... Fredbear? Probably, who knows," Michael said. "Anyways, they want me to move it to the stage when we get there,"

****

Michael drove them all over to Fazbear's Fright as soon as they finished their breakfast. Once they reached the attraction, it was 8 pm.

They were walking up to the doors, and they saw the boss leaving the doors. "Oh! Michael! Sorry to leave you, but I have to be somewhere! I left a tape for you to listen to. Also, a few extra fun things! Some training cassettes from the old locations! Once you finish your task of moving the animatronic, you can listen to them!"

"But, how am I supposed to move the animatronic?"

"The animatronic is inside the door here, just next to it when you walk inside. It's still the box. Just pick it up with the forklift, and drive it over the stage. And do. not. open. the. box. We don't want the animatronic messed up, HQ told us the animatronic had some weird stains on it," The boss said. "They don't want it exposed to open air, until we get our professional cleaners to come and polish it. We wouldn't want you messing up a relic,"

Michael nodded. "Aw, well that's fine," He was a little bummed out, he genuinely wanted to see the animatronic.

Once the boss man left, he told his three friends to follow

Him in the building. Once he reached inside, he saw a rectangular box.

"Is that it?" Sora asked.

"Has to be," Michael said.

Michael had gotten the forklift and drove it up to the create, and picked it up. "Where was the stage again?" He asked.

"I think you make a right," Sora said. He and his friends were right behind Michael in the forklift.

Michael saw a room and turned in there. The stage was in there. He carefully, set the create down on it.

"Should we open it to find out what it is?" Hayner said with a smirk.

"No," Michael said. "I understand the boss. It's practically an antique, whatever it is. They don't want it messed up. And if it is messed up, they'll fire me no doubt," Michael sighed. "I'm starting to feel slightly contented in my life now. I don't hate this job. And I'm curious to see how far this horror attraction is going to go,"

Michael backed the forklift up and parked it. "Come on, let's get over to the office and play the tape he said he left us,"

****

Hey man, okay, I have some awesome news for you! First of all, we found some vintage audio training cassettes. Dude, these are like, pre-historic! I think they were, like, training tapes for, like, other employees or something like that. So I thought we could, like, have them playing, like, over the speakers as people walk through the attraction. Dude, that'd make this feel, legit man. But I have an even better surprise for you, and you're not gonna believe this! We found one. A real one. Uh-uh-uh, gotta go man. uh, we-well look, it-it's in there somewhere, I'm-I'm sure you'll see it. Okay, I'll leave you with some of this great audio that I found. Talk to you later man!

The recording stopped. "Ok, him calling these cassettes pre-historic... is really making me feel ancient..." He said with a grunt, as he picked up the cassettes that the boss said were available.

Hayner chuckled at what Michael said. "Well, it has been a long time for you? Hasn't it?"

"It sure has," Michael said, "And why did he emphasize on a "real" one? He already told me he was getting an animatronic. Why did he make it seem so special like he was getting a robot made of gold," Michael said, rolling his eyes. "Some people are just so damn extra,"

Michael inserted the cassette into the cassette player.

Uh, hello? Hello hello? Uh welcome to your new career as a performer/entertainer for Freddy Fazbear's Pizza. Uh, these tapes will provide you with much-needed information on how to handle/climb into/climb out of, mascot costumes. Right now we have two specially designed suits that double as both animatronic and suit. So please pay close attention while learning how to operate these suits, as accidents/injury/death/irreparable and grotesque maiming, can occur.

First, we will discuss how to operate the mascots when they are in animatronic form. For ease of operation the animatronics, are set to turn and walk towards sound cues. This is an easy and hands-free approach, to making sure the animatronics stay where the children are, for maximum entertainment/crowd-pleasing value. To change the animatronics to suit mode, insert and turn firmly the hand crank provided by the manufacturer.

Turning the crank will recoil and compress the animatronic parts around the sides of the suit, providing room to climb inside. Please make sure the spring-locks are fastened tight, to ensure the animatronic devices remain fixed. We will cover this in more detail in tomorrow's session.

Michael blinked. "Now I see why he called this ancient..." He said.

Sora and his friends gasped once the recording ended. "They were talking about a spring-lock suit weren't they?" He asked.

"They definitely were," Roxas said. "That's what William said. The suit can convert into a wearable costume..."

Michael took the cassette out and placed the other one.

Uh, hello hello! Uh, for today's lesson, we will be continuing our training on proper suit-handling techniques. When using an animatronic as a suit, please ensure that the animatronic parts are tightly compressed and fastened by the spring-locks located around the inside of the suit. It may take a few moments, to position your head and torso between these parts in a manner where you can move and speak. Try not to nudge or press against any of the spring-locks inside the suit. Do not touch the spring-locks at any time. Do not breathe on the spring-locks , as moisture may loosen them, and cause them to break loose. In the case that the spring-locks come loose while you are wearing the suit, please try to manoeuvrer away from populated areas before bleeding out, so as not to ruin the customer experience. As always if there is ever an emergency, please note there's a designated safe room. Every location is built with one extra room that is not included in the digital map layout programmed in the animatronics or security systems. This room is hidden from customers, invisible to animatronics, and is always off-camera. As always, remember to smile. You are the face of Freddy Fazbear's Pizza.

Sora gasped again. "This... was what William talked about too... remember guys?"

Hayner and Roxas nodded. "Yeah! He said that the suit... could malfunction..." Roxas said.

"And would kill you," Hayner said after.

"Again, I don't know why Henry... let this happen," Michael said. He took the cassette out and placed in the new one.

Uh hello? Hello hello? Uh, there's been a slight change of company policy concerning the use of the suits. Umm, don't. After learning of an unfortunate incident at the sister location involving multiple and simultaneous spring-lock failures , the company has deemed the suits temporarily unfit for employees. Safety is top priority at Freddy Fazbear's Pizza, which is why the classic suits are being retired to an appropriate location while being looked at by our technicians. Until replacements arrive, you will be expected to wear the temporary costumes provided to you. Keep in mind that they were found on very short notice, so questions about appropriateness slash relevance should be deflected. I repeat the classic suits are not to be touched, activated, or worn. That being said we are free of liability, do as you wish. As always, remember to smile. You are the face of Freddy Fazbear's Pizza.

After hearing that... Michael... felt hurt.

He wasn't sure if that call was mentioned what happened to a worker, or if...

...It was talking about what happened to Evan. The problem that happened in the location where Evan died, was what caused many of the closures of the restaurants. And that incident amongst the others what the guy on the cassette is talking about, is in there, somewhere.

"Michael? What's wrong?" Sora asked once he saw Michael's expression, and his mood changed.

"What did he mean, "do as you wish" this place really doesn't care about anyone do they? They have something causing people pain, and they'd rather keep it..." Roxas said as he shook his head.

Michael quickly took that cassette out. He was hesitant to put the other one in.

Hello, hello? Umm, this is just a reminder of company policy concerning the safe room. The safe room is reserved for equipment and or other properties not being currently used and as a backup safety location for employees only. This is not a break room, it should not be considered a place for employees to hide and/or congregate. And under no circumstance should a customer ever, be taken into this room, and out of the main show area. Management has also been made aware that the Spring-Bonnie animatronic has been noticeably moved, and would like to remind employees that this costume is not safe to wear under any circumstances. Thank you, and remember to smile. You are the face of Freddy Fazbear's Pizza.

Michael stood there, frozen for a little while. He couldn't believe it.

Hayner noticed Michael's shocked face. "Woah, what is it, dude?"

"This... it's... oh fuck..." Michael covered his face.

"Mike? What's wrong?" Sora asked concerned.

"This is when father killed the children..." Michael said. "It has to be..."

Sora and his friends looked at each other. "Huh? What do you mean? It didn't say anything about that," Roxas said.

Michael shook his head, looking down for a bit, then at the window, that viewed out to the hallway. "Those days, when I talked to the spirits, back in 93' they've told me... so many things about what they went through, they also told me exactly how... father killed them,"

"Huh? What did they say?" Roxas asked.

"Father used... the Spring-Bonnie suit. He dressed up as a mascot of the pizzeria to gain the kid's trust. Lured them into the room... and killed them as he was dressed as the Animatronic," Michael closed his eyes as he said this.

Sora looked at his friends. Well, that was definitely horrible.

"This... is what the tape is talking about. The Spring-Bonnie suit was missing. That's what he used-," Michael said as he took the cassette out.

"Geez, that's just horrible," Hayner said, looking sad, and disgusted about that story.

"Did he not care about the suit going off on him? He did tell us they were dangerous to wear!" Roxas said.

"Don't you see that that man was deranged? I don't think he really cared," Hayner stated.

Michael inserted the last tape.

Uh hello, hello? Uh, this is just to inform all employees, that due to budget restrictions the previously mentioned safe rooms are being sealed at most locations. Including this one. Work crews will be here most of the day today constructing a false wall over the old door face. Nothing is being taken out beforehand, so if you left anything inside, then it's your own fault. Management also requests that this room not be mentioned to family, friends, or insurance representatives.

"Well, I don't know what that's talking about..." Michael said. He took the cassette out and threw it on the desk. After a few moments, they saw a ghost next to them. Hayner noticed it first and gasped.

Sora heard the gasp from Hayner and looked.

"Oh! Gabriel!" Sora said.

"Hello, Sora!" Gabriel said with a smile.

Michael looked. "Oh! Hello again," He said.

"I saw the workers earlier. They had a crate. I heard them talking, and they said there was an animatronic inside," Gabriel said.

"Yeah, we saw," Michael said. "Management told me not to open it, said something about it being dirty or something, I don't know,"

As Michael and Gabriel were talking, Sora thought he saw something move on the camera. "Uhhh... Michael... did something shift on the camera?"

"Eehh, it's probably the static. It gets me too, don't worry," Michael said, without even looking.

"What are you talking about Sora?" Roxas asked, as he also looked at the screen, but saw nothing.

Sora tapped some of the buttons, to filp through the cameras.

Michael heard the sound of the camera changing. "Hey, Sora wait-," He turned around. "I don't want you messing anything up-," Michael stopped talking and stared at the screen, once Sora had flipped to the camera that focused on the stage.

"Oh, sorry I didn't mean to do anything wrong, I was ju-," Sora gasped and couldn't complete his sentence as he looked at the stage.

The create was busted open.

Michael took no time after that. "The animatronic from the crate is possessed," he bluntly said. And started to scan the cameras.

"What? But how?" Roxas said.

"That doesn't make any sense," Gabriel said. "All of us spirits don't haunt the animatronics anymore," He said.

Michael flipped through the cameras, until-

He flipped to camera 08.

 

"What the hell is that?" Hayner asked as he tilted his head.

"That... looks like a Bonnie animatronic," Gabriel said. It was indeed a rabbit. But, it looked torn up, and it was missing an ear.

"Now I can see why management said they need to clean it up, it looks disgusting," Hayner said.

Michael stared at it. "Wait... that's... not Bonnie..." He said.

"It's not? But he's the only rabbit isn't he?"

"No..." Michael said. "There is a gold hue to it... this is Spring-Bonnie..." He said.

Michael looked at Gabriel. "Gabriel, what did you say happened to Afton?"

Gabriel gasped at Michael's question. "He... died in the Spring-Bonnie suit..."

Michael nodded, that's all he needed to hear. "This is father...." He said.

Notes:

(Springtrap art: https://twitter.com/tm_animations/status/1509245650185166869/photo/1 )

Chapter 28: The Springtrap

Chapter Text

"A-Are you sure?!" Hayner yelled, arching his eyebrow. He came closer to the monitor. "I mean, it does look like the Spring-Bonnie animatronic he showed us..."

Sora looked over at Michael. He knew it was him, but what could they have done? "Michael, what do we do?" He asked.

Michael shook his head. "I don't know. I wasn't expecting to see father here. And I definitely wasn't expecting to see him as... this..."

Michael then looked at Gabriel. "Gabriel...?"

"Yes....?" Gabriel was looking at the monitor, then he looked at Michael.

Michael was about to say something, but then he heard Roxas speak with urgency. "M-Michael?! It's moving!"

Michael quickly looked back at the screen.

"Quickly, turn the camera!" Sora yelled, and he pressed one of the buttons. Michael was about to swat Sora's hand away from the panel, but then he saw the animatronic walking toward the camera on the camera Sora went to.

Cam 5.

"Where's it going?" Hayner asked.

"I don't know," Michael said. "I don't even know what to do..." He said. He turned to Gabriel again. "Gabriel, what exactly went on with Cassidy and him? Was remnant on the animatronic? Or did Cassidy do something?" Michael asked the spirit.

"I'm not sure Michael... I'm not sure," Gabriel said shaking his head. "But if this really is Afton... I don't think there's a lot he can do at the moment..."

Then they heard the sound of banging, sounding like something was inside an aluminum vent. Everyone got alarmed at that.

"Where is it?!" Sora tried to press all the cameras, trying to find Afton.

"Wait! I think saw him!" Roxas yelled and took over the camera.

"You idiots! You left the camera he was on!" Hayner yelled.

Michael was getting a little stressed out, seeing everyone fight over the cameras. He was about to push everyone aside, but when he looked up, then to his right, he saw another set of dials. And, another screen. He got up and started to press those. He pressed one and saw that it was inside a vent.

"Wait? Why did the monitor turn off?" Sora said, blinking.

It turned out that only one out of the two monitors can be turned on at a time.

Michael turned to the vent cam, number 13.

And once he did, he saw a glimpse of the Spring-Bonnie inside the vent.

"I found it!" Michael yelled.

Sora and the rest quickly looked up toward where Michael was at. "You did?!" Roxas yelled.

Michael quickly noticed a button, titled "Seal Vent"

He went to press it, but he was too late.

The animatronic disappeared from the vent.

Michael quickly sat back down in his chair, to get back on the main monitor.

"What happened?" Sora asked. "I saw a glimpse of something on that other camera you were on," He said.

"Yeah," Roxas said. "Where did it go? I don't understand this camera system..." He said.

Michael tried his best to understand it. He tried to quickly study it, right after he scanned the other cameras multiple times. He couldn't find the animatronic. "I don't know where it is..." He said. "But if he left from cam 5, then entered into that vent... that would mean..."

 

"Guys... You might want to look up..." They heard Gabriel say.

Michael blinked, and they all collectively looked up slowly.

There was a giant 7 ft tall, worn down, animatronic rabbit with a broken ear, and overall, damaged, outside the glass window.

"Oh no..." Roxas said.

The animatronic stared at them, barely moving. It was the old Spring-Bonnie animatronic. But it was certainly in very bad shape.

Michael froze. Was this his father? Or was this just an animatronic?

The robotic rabbit started to glitch a little, its jaw opened a little bit, but then it closed. Its head turned to its right. Then, it turned and started to walk. When they all looked to their left, they could see that the animatronic was heading to the open doorway.

They felt vulnerable. The other times, they had something to defend themselves, but now they didn't.

The animatronic stood at the other end of the doorway, then leaned, peaking inside.

"What should we do?" Sora asked.

Then, the rabbit stepped inside. He stood at the doorway. It walked very unstable. Then the robot mumbled something.

"Helllppp Meeeee....." It said. It sounded like it said help me. But its words sounded muffled. Sora and his friends saw that Michael was about to stand up, but then the robot started to make an ear-arching sound as it placed its hand on its face. It pulled the top of the animatronic's upper jaw, and the bottom jaw away from each other, while glitching, and vibrating. The sound of it sounded like weird possessed garbles, as there was a glimpse of a skull inside the animatronic's jaw for a moment.

"W-What the hell was that?!" Hayner yelled out. Everyone was covering their ears from the sound that was coming from the animatronic bunny.

The animatronic then looked at them. The jaw seemed loose now. "Help... Me..." It said more clearly.

Then, he walked a little closer.

Michael looked at Sora and his other friends "Stay behind me..." Michael got up and started to walk slowly forward toward the robot.

"What? Michael don't!" Sora whispered.

But Michael knew what he was doing. Hopefully.

The animatronic looked at him as Michael got closer.

"Who are you?" Michael asked.

The animatronic glitched. "I... I am..."

The animatronic stopped talking. He looked down at himself. "I am... William Afton..." It said. "But something is wrong..." It said after. "This is not me... I shouldn't be here. I shouldn't be here at all,"

Michael just stared at the robot. "William... Afton..." He repeated what the Spring-Bonnie animatronic said. "You... I... F-Father..." Michael said, his voice getting a little shaky.

The animatronic blinked. "Father?" It asked. Then, its eyes squinted. It blinked, then it stepped a little closer. Michael slightly backed away. The robot noticed, then stood up straight. "Michael...?" It said.

It looked into Michael's eyes. "Michael? My... son?" He asked. "You... are alive..." William said, his voice sounded in disbelief. "You look like an old man now," It said after.

Michael knew exactly why William was in disbelief that he was alive. And it made him furious.

"You hurt me. You hurt Elizabeth. You were the reason she attacked me!" Michael yelled.

William looked away. "She didn't attack you. That was something else," William said.

"W-What? What do you mean? That was her! You programmed that animatronic called Baby to hurt people! Her soul was in there! She tried to kill me because of her rage for you!" Michael snapped.

William quickly looked back at Michael. "That was not her son. I sent you down there because I didn't want to face what I created. You got attacked by an accumulated mass of souls, that somehow got made into a lifeform. It wasn't Elizabeth. All of those souls that got extracted from the Funtimes... became a solid mass,"

Michael blinked. His eyes went wide. "W-What?" He asked. His mind raced back to what happened over 30 years ago back in Circus Baby's Party and Rental. He remembered foggy memories of that mass of wires that he saw.

He looked back at William. His anger felt even more intense. Michael grabbed the phone that was on his desk and chucked it at William.

It slammed into the chest of the animatronic, and William got sent back by a few feet.

"Michael!" William yelled.

"Don't "Michael" me! You were/are the worst father ever! You caused your entire family suffering! You made having the name 'Afton' feels like a burden! Because of that, I had to change my name numerous amount of times to distance myself away from this curseded name!" Michael yelled, with full anger in his eyes.

"Ha, You should have been grateful," William said. "My business brought in a lot of money! What son would pass off the excitement of having their father as an animatronic inventor?"

Michael slammed his fist down on the desk, and it scared his friends behind him a little. "How dare you change everything to that?! You damn well know I'm not going off about that you bloody bastard! You killed people! You wanted their souls to possess robots! Why?! Why would you do such a thing!" Michael yelled. "You caused your business to run down because of all of this! They always tried to come back, but you left such a horrible trail of death, bad luck always took your franchise over!"

"Yeah? Well let's not forget who started the closures," William said with a cold tone to his voice.

"W-What?" Michael said.

"Oh, you don't remember? Typical. 1983....Does that year ring a bell? The year you shoved Evan, your little brother, into the mouth of Fredbear," William spoke angrily. Then, he shook his head. "I killed children before that date... And I was fine. The business was fine. But then you just had to decide to be a horrible older brother. That incident caused the restaurant to shut down. It was since after that day... Everything started to go wrong. It was all your fault."

At first, Michael was confused, but then he felt a pang of guilt wash over him. The guilt of killing his brother. It tried to forget it for those 30 years. He nearly did, but now, the entire memory of it, came crashing into his mind. He remembered how he shoved Evan into the animatronic bear's mouth, then with Sora, Roxas, and Hayner pleading at him to take Evan back out. But then... it was too late. The sight of seeing his younger brother lifeless in the mouth of Fredbear kept showing up in his mind.

Michael then felt a hand on his shoulder. He looked, then saw that it was Sora. "Don't listen to him, Michael. It was an accident. It always was."

Michael blinked, he started to tear up a little. "Y-Yeah..."

"Who is this?" William said, now fully realizing that there were multiple people in the room with Michael. He came closer and looked at Sora, who was looking at him with an angry expression. He noticed Roxas and Hayner.

"What? These are the blokes who were with you back in 83... How are they with you, and why do they still look young, while you look like an old man?" William asked.

Michael haven't even heard what William had said, because his anger was flooding into his thoughts. He had wanted his father dead. But now he realized that he isn't.

It's time for that to end.

"Sora? Roxas? Hayner? And... Gabriel?" But then he noticed Gabriel had disappeared.

"We need to... kill him,"

"A-Are you sure?" Hayner asked.

"We need to get rid of him," Michael said. "Summon those weapons of yours,"

"Michael... it's never too good to fight with anger. That's how you fall to the darkness," Sora warned.

"I don't care at this point!" Michael snapped. "Besides, it's not me fighting him. I need you all to beat him with those weapons,"

Sora sighed, then summed his keyblade, and aimed it at Afton.

Roxas then summed his two keyblades and also aimed them at Afton. Then, Hayner took out his bow and arrow.

Afton noticed that they all had those weapons pointed at him. "Those... You all used these... on me years ago..." Afton took out his knife. "You all can't defeat me now...."

 

"We'll see about that," Sora said. Sora ran up to Afton and slammed his keyblade into him. The animatronic got affected a little bit. Afton rose his hands, grabbed Sora, and threw him down to the ground when Sora tried to hit him a second time. But he was too focused on Sora to notice that Roxas ran up to him, and slammed his two keyblades into him multiple times. Afton got flung back and slammed into the wall.

Hayner used that chance, to shoot Afton with the exploding arrows. "AHHH!" Afton yelled as he got sent back in the explosion. He slammed into the camera monitor and hit one of the buttons.

"Hello!"

Said a child's voice, coming from down the hall.

Then, a glitching sound started to come from the animatronic. Afton stood up, then started to walk very robotic-like, out of the room. "What? Where's it going?!" Sora yelled. 

Afton left the office, then looped around and walked along the hallway beyond the glass.

"Follow him!" Michael yelled. "Don't let him out of your sight!"

The rest nodded, and they chased after the animatronic rabbit.

Into one of the hallways. There was a mask of Foxy on the back wall. It had a light in one of the eyes, and it was flashing. Afton walked toward it, then it glitched a little. Then, it looked around. "Ugh... damn it... Why I couldn't control myself in that moment?"

He was about to turn around, but before he could have done so, he got blasted back by another exploding arrow. Pixaleted smoke blew all around Afton as he slammed into the wall, the Foxy mask fell on him.

Roxas then chanted a spell. "Thunder!" He yelled, and then a lightning strike clapped down on the animatronic.

Afton did react to it, but in the end, it looked like he wasn't even weakened. "Guys what do we do?!" Roxas yelled. "He's not even getting weak!"

Afton got up, then looked at them. "You kids are going to pay..." He said. He took out his knife again, but then Roxas chanted another Thunder.

"Come on, we gotta think about something! I can't use any high-end spells! I'm nearly out of magic!" Roxas yelled. He was right. He had no Ethers. No one did. Once they finished this world, they knew they had to go back to Twilight Town to restock.

"I'm almost out of magic too! I can barely use anything! I can only use low-end magic like Fira!" Sora yelled.

"And I'm almost out of arrows, we definitely need to get back Steve so I can get more," Hayner said, as he shot another at Afton. "And they're doing nothing! We are just wasting our materials!"

Sora clenched his keyblade. "This is the last spell I'm gonna try out-... FIRE!" Sora yelled. A fire blast shot from the keyblade and hit Afton.

"AHHHHH!" Afton yelled out.

They all gasped. Afton reacted to a lot of pain from that one.

"W-What?" Sora asked.

He looked at his friends. Roxas resummoned his weapons. "Fira it is then," He said.

Then "FIRE!" They both yelled. Three fire bursts ignited Afton. The serial killer was in pain. He was getting hurt by the fire. But it wasn't enough. He looked weak, but he wouldn't go down.

"He's still not hurt!? Oh, come on!"

Michael had seen what they were doing on the cameras. He looked down at the monitor, then pressed the audio lure. The animatronic glitched, then started to walk towards the sound, while it was flaming.

It walked past Sora and his friends.

"Where is it going?" Roxas asked.

"Meet me at cam 2!" Michael yelled.

Michael ran out of the office and ran down the hallway with the long glass, then into an archway that lead to a hallway with a Bonnie top part at the end of the hallway. Michael saw the ignited animatronic. "Alright... Springtrap... let's do this,"

"Sora, Roxas, Hayner, get out here and set him ablaze again!"

They ran out to him. "But Mike, we can't! We are nearly out of magic!" Sora yelled.

"Just a few more!" Michael said. Sora nodded, then blasted him with fire.

Michael saw Afton react to the burst of flames. "It doesn't like fire..." Michael said.

"But why?!" Roxas said.

Then, Afton seemed to have regained back his mind. The audio lures seem to make the animatronic walk toward them. Which means, the animatronic still works. Afton losses control of the robot when it happens.

Michael shoved Afton with all his strength, Afton had fallen to the ground.

Michael started to drag Afton by his legs. "Let me go, Michael!" Afton yelled. It was hard for Michael to drag a 900-pound animatronic.

"Michael, what are you doing?!" Sora yelled.

Michael dragged Afton to one of the hallways. There was a door there. Before he reached it, he yelled to Sora: "Sora, go the office and get that Jerry can that was on near the doorway!"

"Huh?!" Sora said.

"Just go and get it!"

Sora quickly ran to the office. "Where is it?" He said looking around the office. Then, he saw it on the floor. He quickly grabbed it, then ran back to the hallway he was in. It was a little heavy.

Once Sora reached, he saw Michael shoving Afton into the closet, then he shut the door.

"Michael, what are you doing? You really think that can keep him locked up?"

"The door is a metal it seems like. He can't escape," Michael said. "Give me the can," Michael said.

Sora handed it to him.

After taking the can with gasoline inside, Michael opened the door to the closet and then stepped inside. He closed the door behind him.

"No! No!! What do you plan to do with that Jerry Can!?" Afton yelled.

Michael quickly opened it and splashed Afton with the gasoline. Then, he splashed some on the floor around him. He opened the door and quickly stepped back out. "Burn him. NOW!"

 

"But Michael, don't you think that's a little overki-"

"BURN HIM!" Michael yelled.

Sora aimed his keyblade at Afton. Afton was trying to get up, then saw the keyblade aimed at him through the door. "N-No! No don't do it!"

"FIRE!" Sora yelled.

"EEEEHHAAAAAAAA!"

The gasoline ignited in flames, covering Afton in the fire. Michael quickly shut the door and locked it. "AHHHH!" Afton continued to yell.

"Michael! Get me out!" Afton yelled. "Michael don't leave me here!" Afton tried banging on the locked door. "Open this door! MICHAEL!! OPEN THIS DAMN DOOR! MICHAEL?! MICHAEL!!!"

Michael picked up the Jerry can, and started to sprinkle some around the floor.

"What are you doing now?!" Roxas asked.

"This whole place is going to burn, I've had enough of Freddy Fazbear's,"

"But Michael, what about your job?!"

"There is no job if Afton is a part of it," Michael said. "It ends here and now..."

Michael sprinkled the gasoline all over the attraction, and in the office. Then, he walked outside. And also poured some in a line, to the outside.

Sora and the rest could just follow him around.

Afton just continued banging on the door. "MICHAEL LET ME OUT!" He yelled in pain.

Once Michael reached outside, he tossed the jerry can to the side. "Light the gasoline trail Sora or Roxas,"

Sora had more magic than Roxas, so he aimed his keyblade at the gasoline. "Fire!" He yelled once again.

A fire trail started. Going up towards the building. Then, it entered.

It was quiet for a moment, until-

Then there was a blast of heat, then the thunderous sound of the attraction exploding.

"Holy shit! Why was the explosion so big?!" Roxas yelled.

"Holy crap!" Roxas yelled.

The building was on fire. The roof was gone, and the walls were practically not standing anymore. Smoke was rising in the air.

Then, in the fire...

...Was Afton walking out. In a fiery blaze, that was all over the damaged Spring-Bonnie animatronic. "Don't tell me it isn't dead!?" Sora yelled.

The animatronic stumbled as it walked, then, it fell. It dropped to the ground with a thud.

Then, the eyes went blank.

Michael stood still for a moment. No one said anything. The fire was still going strong on both the building and the animatronic.

"It's over..." Michael finally spoke. "Father is... gone,"

Sora let out a sigh. "It really is over..."

"Are you sure it's... actually dead?" Hayner asked. He shot an arrow, which Afton got sent back, but it was lifeless.

Everyone sighed in relief. "Well... it's over. And... I don't know what to do," Michael said.

No one else knew what to do either.

"Do you all want a treat for this? We can eat back at that fast food place again," Michael said, "Not the healthiest of choices, but I've worked up an appetite for calories," Michael said then turned to them. "We need to go out of state to eat though, because they're going to want to track me down for this..." Michael said gesturing to the burning building.

"Wait a second..." Michael said. "You all are still here?"

At first, Sora was so confused about how Michael could even think about eating at this time. He knew he couldn't if he was in his shoes. But when he heard Michael mentioned that last part, it made him a little confused. Does that mean they're not done yet? The door hasn't shown up yet. Where is it?

Sora looked back at Roxas and Hayner. They all shugged when they saw Sora look at them.

But then something unsettling happened.

There was a dark mist swarming around Afton.

"Uhhh...." Roxas said.

Michael saw Roxas's expression, he looked behind him and gasped at what he saw.

The dark matter accumulated into an animatronic-like appearance that looked similar to the Spring-Bonnie animatronic. And it had a symbol on its chest that was familiar to Sora and his friends.

A Heartless symbol.

Sora and his friends resummoned their keybaldes. "We are not done yet guys," Sora said.

Chapter 29: The Hearttrap

Chapter Text

 

 

 

 

"Lads what the bloody hell is this?!" Michael shouted after seeing the Heartless. Sora and his friends wiped out their weapons once more.

Magic or not, they had to take this down.

"I only have one Megalixir, I was saving it for an emergency!" Sora said as he took out the material. "Well! Use it on us!" Roxas said. "Because this is an emergency!"

 

Sora nodded, then threw the material in the air, and he and Roxas got their strength and magic back.

Sora and Roxas felt a power rush, then instantly got into their battle stances. "Michael, stand behind us!" Sora yelled.

Michael nervously, stood behind them. "Please be careful with whatever the hell this thing is!"

"Don't worry... we'll be fine!" Roxas said. "FREEZE!" Roxas yelled, he teleported in an ice-like shard, zoomed up to the heartless Afton, and slashed his keyblade on it, then followed by Sora who zapped it with lighting magic.

The heartless managed to grab Sora, but then Hayner blasted it back with an exploding arrow. The heartless floated in the air, then flew down to Roxas slapping him. The two keyblade user, slammed into Hayer, making him drop his bow and arrow.

"Guys!" Sora yelled. He quickly turned his attention back to the Heartless. He aimed his keyblade at the Heartless. "STOPZA!" He yelled.

The beam slammed into the Heartless of Afton, freezing him. Then, Sora leaped from the ground, then slammed his keyblade into his enemy. He repeatedly hit and slashed the Kingdom Key into William Afton. Then was until Stopza had worn off.

"Gravity!" Sora yelled. Afton drifted up into the air. Sora then aimed the keyblade at him again, "FIRE!" He yelled. Flames slammed into the dark Heartless.

At that point, Roxas came running to Afton, he jumped, the slashed the Otathkeeper into him, followed by the Oblivion. After Roxas slammed Afton to the ground, he chanted a spell.

Roxas hovered into the air, and beams of light shined up into the sky.

"Roxas! Don't you'll use too much magic!" Sora yelled.

Beams of light zapped into Afton's Heartless, it couldn't move. It had to endure the magic. The powerful beams of light, exploded, blasting Afton back. But it still wasn't over.

Afton still had a lot of strength left.

"He's weakened, but he's still coming back for more!" Roxas said once he recovered from using that hefty amount of magic.

Roxas twirled his two keyblades around in a circular motion, and a shock wave blasted into the Heartless. "Come on Sora! It was weak with fire, try to use a powerful fire spell if you can think of any!"

Sora tried to remember what spell could use powerful fire.

"Wait I have an idea!" Roxas said. "Weaken him before you use the fire magic-," Roxas aimed his keyblade at Sora. "Come on, use Duel Stance!"

Sora blinked. "W-What?! B-But that'll weaken you!"

"It's fine!" Roxas yelled. "I'll be fine! Just to get rid of Afton's Heartless,"

Sora nodded. Afton was now getting up, so he had to act fast.

Hayner tried to keep the Heartless at bay with the exploding arrows. "Hurry up guys!" He yelled.

Sora closed his eyes. Then, he felt power entering him.

And the he stole the power from Roxas.

He opened his eyes and looked straight at Afton, who was trying to attack Hayner.

"Anytime now Sora! He's dodging my arrows!" Hayner yelled.

Sora crouched down, then leaped off of the ground. Roxas gasped as he watched. "Get him Sora!"

The Kingdom Key and the two keyblades that Roxas wields collided down onto Afton and kept slashing him. The darkness on him shook and vibrated. "AHHH!" Afton yelled. Sora kept on beating Afton's Heartless repeatedly with the flying keyblades.

That was until he couldn't use Roxas's power anymore.

Sora then landed on the ground near Afton. He knew exactly what fire spell to use, "It's time to end this-," Sora said as he clenched his keyblade. He aimed it at Afton once again.

"FIREAGA!" Sora yelled.

A huge blast of fireballs, shot out of Sora's keyblade. Straight into Afton

The blast from the fire was Afton's last stand.

The Heartless poofed away in a dark mist, and a pink Heart then rose into the sky.

"Holy shit..." Sora said as he stuck his keyblade into the ground, then leaned on it. "Now that was... That was something alright,"

"We really need to get back home to restock," Roxas said.

"But we can't!" Sora said. "We have to find them gem whether we want to or not. The door back home won't show up until we do,"

Hayner sighed. "Well, at least we were able to get food, we wouldn't be able to keep moving forward if we didn't," He said.

"Well, we gotta thank Michael for that one," Sora said.

That's when they remembered about Michael. They all turned their heads toward him. And there he was, staring at them with his mouth hung open. "Did... Did I just see a boss battle play out in front of me eyes? That looked like I was seeing a bloody video game!" Michael yelled.

Sora could only just chuckle. "Well, that's how it is... with us, ha..." He said.

Michael walked forward. Then he looked down at the lifeless Spring-Bonnie suit on the ground. "What happened to it? Why did he look like... a Night Watcher..." Michael said.

"That dark figure is what looks like a Night Watcher," Hayner remarked.

Sora sighed. "What you saw was a Heartless. It happens to people when you Heart falls to the darkness. It wasn't any mystery why it happened to Afton," He said.

Michael nodded, "Y-Yeah,"

"But it's strange though. As much as I know, this shouldn't happen on your side, only ours," Sora said. "That Dark Figure is what is causing this I reckon,"

"That means we gotta watch out for the Heartless like these from now on," Roxas said.

"I'm a little scared. I never fought the Heartless before. I never fought anything before!" Hayner yelled. Roxas came up to Hayner and placed his hand on his shoulder.

"It'll be alright Hay. It'll be alright. You did pretty well anyways. I wasn't expecting you to be so good with the bow and arrow, but it's like you're a pro at it!" Roxas said with a smile, as he held Hayner's shoulder tightly.

"You really think so?" Hayner asked.

Roxas nodded, "Of course!" He said smiling softly at him.

"Roxas is right Hayner! You became a good archer!" Sora smiled.

Hayner blushed from all the praise he was getting but then tried to play it off. "Y-Yeah! I know I'm good!"

Roxas just playfully rolled his eyes.

Michael was crouched down, studying the animatronic. "This... really was Spring-Bonnie. God damn... He really got spring locked. Springtrap shall be his name from now on," Michael said.

Behind Sora, Sora could hear a glittering sound. He slowly looked behind him and saw the door.

Sora knew that Roxas didn't want Michael to know about the door yet, so he quickly nudged Roxas.

Roxas looked at Sora, then behind him. He slightly gasped.

"Come on," He whispered, then he, and Sora and Hayner, went into the door.

"Right? The Springtrap? That's a fitting name isn't it lads?" Michael turned around, only to see that everyone had disappeared. He blinked. "Lads?" He asked.

He looked around. "Bloody hell, did they leave again?" He asked himself. He stood up. "They're like Batman, I'm telling you,"

He looked back at the flaming restaurant. "I have to get out of here before the fire department comes," Michael was about to leave, but then he heard a voice.

"Michael..." Said a stern voice.

Michael turned his head, only to see a spirit.

"Gabriel?" He asked. But it wasn't Gabriel. It was a girl. "Wait... who are you?" He asked. After getting a good look, he finally figured it out. "Oh! Cassidy! Um... Hi!"

Cassidy just looked at him with a grave expression.

"W-Why are you looking at me like that?" Michael asked.

"No reason..." Cassidy said. "You best be out of here Michael. Or else the fire department will come and blame you for this,"

Michael nodded, "R-Right! That's what I was about to do..." He said. "By the way, how are the other spirits? How is my Evan?" He asked.

"They're fine," Cassidy said. "Now leave, I can sense the Hurricane fire department coming,"

Michael nodded. "Oh... ok. Well, goodbye..." Michael turned around, then left.

Watching him to make sure he was out of her sight, Cassidy turned to the lifeless Spring-Bonnie.

She put her hand on it and chanted a spell.

The animatronic shook. Then, it sat up.

The suit was burned to a crisp, it fell off as the Animatronic sat up. Now it was the metal endo skeleton, with pieces of bone fragments crushed in the joints. With a skull at the head of the robot.

"They killed you," Cassidy said. "Can't say I blame them," She floated in front of Afton. "Look at you. You disgusting serial killer." She said with disgust in her voice.

"W-What's happening?!" Afton yelled.

"You are going to be in pain. Do you think I was lying when I told you were going to live in torture? No Afton... I was not lying," Cassidy said with her voice on edge.

"Enjoy your free moment for now Afton. I still have something big in store," Then Cassidy disappeared.

"No! Don't leave me here!" Afton yelled. "Cassidy!"

****

"Jumping crickets... I thought you three were never going to come out of the door!" Yelled Adventure Fredbear. "It felt like you were in there for days!"

"Yeah, we were in there for a while," Sora said as he shut the door.

"At least we got food! Because if we didn't, that would have been horrible," Hayner said.

"You think about food so much for you to have abs," Roxas joked as he tickled Hayner on his belly. "Rochahahaxs!!!! Shahahahap!!!!" Hayner yelled as he pushed Roxas's hand away from his belly. Roxas giggled. "Someone's ticklish~," Roxas teased as he tickled Hayner's belly button, and Hayner shrieked in laughter.

Adventure Fredbear just stood there watching them, then he looked at Sora. "They're in love with each other, they just don't know it yet," Sora whispered to Adventure Fredbear with a small giggle in his words.

Fredbear smiled and chuckled. "Haha, I see,"

"Boys, we still got some other doors we gotta enter, so stop your flirting," Sora teased.

Hayner shoved Roxas off of him. "W-We are not flirting!" Hayner yelled. Roxas just giggled.

Hayner looked at the other doors.

There were three doors left.

"Geez, what are we going to do? We have no magic stuff left. Please, I hope it won't be anything as bad as that Heartless..."

"Heartless?" Adventure Fredbear asked. "You all still won't tell me what you really do in these doors. What really happens?"

"Fredbear... I'm sorry, but we can't tell you," Sora said. He turned around to the new door. "Come on guys, I know the sound of the birds sounds peaceful here, but we gotta go, alright?"

Hayner groaned. "Geez, can't we just take a breather for a few minutes? Nah, hours?"

"Come on, the sooner we complete this world, the better. Then we can take a long break before jumping into a new world,"

Sora walked up to the door and opened it. "Come on guys,"

****

"Hello?" Called out Michael. "Is this the place?" He said to himself.

He walked up to the building. "Why does this building look so... weird looking?"

He knocked on the door.

Someone came to the door. "Uh! Hello! You must be... Mike Schmidt? Welcome!" The man said. "My name is Henry Emily, and this is a new restaurant that's about to open," The man said.

Michael nodded. "I know who are you. You're one of the founders of Fazbear's." He said.

Henry blinked at him. "O-Oh... that's right! Yes,"

Michael looked at him. "Why are you developing this... restaurant, where you want someone else to run it? The job listing stated that you want someone to open a franchise. And order robots? I'm sorry, but your franchise is cursed. I think it's high time to just give up,"

Henry sighed, "Listen, buddy, do you want the job or not? You are the one who applied for the listing,"

"Do you know who I am?" Michael asked.

"Yes, Mike Schmidt. As it said on your resume,"

"That's not my actual name Mr. Emily,"

Henry blinked. "You faked your name? That's a federal offense," The man said folding his arms.

"My name is Michael Afton,"

"Well, I don't care what your actual nam-," Henry froze for a bit. He blinked. "Did you just say Michael Afton?" Henry asked.

Michael nodded.

Henry looked around to make sure no one was watching, then pulled Michael inside the building. "Come inside,"

Henry took Michael to an office, then turned on the lights.

"Michael, wow. It's been years since I've ever seen, or heard from you! I haven't seen you since you were 15 years old!" Henry said as he sat on his desk.

Michael sat on the other side. "Yeah, it's been a while, hasn't it? You wouldn't have wanted to see me a while ago. I still feel broke from it, but at least my face got cleaned up,"

"What do you mean, Michael?" Henry asked, leaning forward on his desk.

Michael explained everything about what his father did, and what he experienced in Circus Baby's Party and Rental.

Henry was just looking at Michael with a disgusted face. "Jesus, I know your father is a bastard... but wow,"

Michael sighed, then leaned back in the chair. "Why did you come back to this franchise? Are you really trying to start over?"

"Actually Michael," Henry took off his glasses and set it on the desk. He looked up at Michael. "This isn't going to be a real restaurant,"

Michael tilted his head confused. "Not a real restaurant? What do you mean by that?"

Henry sighed. "There's lost souls out there Michael," he said. "And they're all just lurking around in the shadows as animatronics,"

"Huh? But I thought most of them got free?" Michael asked.

"Wait, you know what I'm referring to?"

"Yes! I do! For a very long time, I've been even talking to some of the spirits! And, I've-"

"Hold on, you've been what now?" Henry tilted his head.

"It's a long story, Mr. Emily," Michael said. "But, long story short, William Afton is no more. I set fire to Fazbear's Fright, and Afton is dead now,"

"That was you?!" Henry yelled. "You set the fire to Fazbear's Fright?!"

Michael nodded. "Yep. I had to try something. And, it worked,"

"It didn't," Henry said.

"Wait, what?!" Michael gasped. "What do you mean it didn't work?!"

"William Afton is still out there, along with my own daughter's spirit, and your sister, Elizabeth. And countless other souls," Emily said.

Michael sighed and covered his face. "Oh god..."

"This is what this place is for. It's a fake pizzeria. The employee was supposed to be also brainwashed that this is a restaurant. They were supposed to capture the animatronics that would wonder here and put them inside, and have all of the animatronics be melted by fire,"

Michael blinked. "Wait, how the hell am I supposed to capture a robot?! What do you think this is, Pokémon Animatronic Edition?"

Henry just chuckled. "It's the only way. They'll get lured here- look..."

Henry put a few papers on his desk. "What are these?" Michael asked. He picked one up to look at it.

______________________________________

-Employees only: Paragraph 4-

Prompt 1 : Results □ No □ Yes □ Unsure

Prompt 2 : Results □ No □ Yes □ Unsure

Prompt 3 : Results □ No □ Yes □ Unsure

Prompt 4 : Results □ No □ Yes □ Unsure

Additional Notes _________________

_________________________________________

__________________________________________

"What is this?" Michael asked looking at the paper.

"This-," Henry tapped the paper. "Is a Salvaging Checklist. I was not expecting someone with knowledge about what's going on to be here, so everything that is going to be playing on the tape will speak to you as if you don't know what's going on. You will collect the animatronics that show up in the back alley. They'll be delivered to your table for you in the dark room. You will have audio Prompts that show if the animatronic reacts to it. If they do, that means they're possessed. If they are, you keep it. Understood?"

Michael sighed and nodded.

"If the animatronic starts to get too unstable to your liking from the sound, use a tazer that'll zap them, alright?" Henry said.

"Wow, ok..." Michael said.

"Alright, so let's get to work," Henry said as he stood up. Then there was a knock on the door, then it opened.

"Sora! You can't just open the door like that! What if this was a bathroom!" Roxas yelled.

Michael gasped after hearing the voices.

"Who's that?" Henry asked.

Michael quickly ran to the door and opened it. "Guys!" He smiled.

"Mike!" Sora exclaimed. "We were wondering where you are!"

"Who are they?" Henry asked.

"Just a couple of old friends," Michael smiled. "Is it ok if they can stay with me? They've also been with me with the explosion of the restaurant," Michael said.

"Well, as long as they don't do any problems. And keep them away from the animatronics. I don't want them getting hurt,"

Michael left the room and had Sora and his friends follow him. "Well, it's good to see you again!"

"It's nice to see you again too, but did that mean just say animatronic?" Hayner asked.

Michael sighed. "Yep, they're back,"

"What?!" Sora, Roxas, and Hayner yelled at once. "The ghost children, or...?"

"I'll explain to you when we get to the back ally," Michael said.

Chapter 30: Scrap Metal

Chapter Text

After leaving a door to the building, they entered the back alley. It was night, so it was a little hard to see. There was only one light, and it was an overhead lamp.

Sora was the last out, and he closed the door. "So, what are we looking for again? You said an animatronic?"

"Yeah, you should explain to us what is going on," Roxas said. "I'm a little confused about what's happening now,"

Michael turned around to them. "According to the man you all just saw, that was Henry. The founder of Fazbear's,"

"W-What? That was the founder?" Sora asked surprised. "I thought your dad was?"

"Well, they both were partners in the business," Michael explained. "But I guess Henry finally figured out something has been up. There are loose ends that need tying," Michael left from, them, and started to look around.

"Loose ends? But I don't understand. Aren't the souls free from the robot?"

Sora and his two friends followed behind Michael, but then they saw Michael stop. He was facing a wall. "What are you looking at?" Hayner asked.

They all turned their heads, then saw a bundle of wires all over the ground.

"The hell is this?" Hayer asked.

"I-I... I don't know," Michael responded.

Michael slowly walked over to it. "You three wait here," He turned to leave.

"W-What you can't leave us!" Hayner gasped.

"I'm giving you permission to attack it if it tries to hurt you, I have to ask Henry where I gotta put it," Michael said. Then, he left them and walked back inside the building.

Leaving Sora and his friends alone with this mess of wires.

"What is this to be honest?" Roxas asked.

"It... had a weird bear mask," Sora said.

"Freddy?" Hayner asked, as he looked at his friends, then back at the supposed robot.

"It's a bear mask, but that's not what was on the Freddy robot," Sora said. "I remember it. It didn't look like that at all,"

Sora came closer to the robot. He looked at it closely.

"Sora, be careful! Don't get too close to it," Roxas warned him.

Sora backed from it. "I just wanted to get a closer look at it,"

At that time, Michael came out from the building and back out to them.

"Ok, so Henry said he'll take the forklift and bring it inside the dark room inside the building," Michael said.

Sora tilted his head, "Wait, dark room? What for?"

"I haven't told you about that, have I? Bother, ok, so, Henry wants me to see if these bots are possessed or not," He gestured for his friends to come back inside. "You guys hungry?" Michael asked as he walked inside. Sora followed, with his friends behind him.

"Henry might take a while to bring whatever that was inside, so we'll be able to take a break. He told me that he'll bring in the other animatronics he finds," Michael said.

Sora looked at Roxas and Hayner. "Uhh... yeah sure,"

***

The animatronic was ready in the room after a half hour.

Michael was sitting at a table, with his two friends crowded around behind him, as this animatronic was sitting on the floor on the other side of the table.

"So... uhh? What now?" Sora asked.

Michael looked down at the table. There was that paper that Henry had shown him earlier, with a tape player on the left, and what seemed to be a tazer on the right. Michael looked back up, at the animatronic with the bear mask. "Strange..." Michael started. "That mask looks so much like Funtime Freddy,"

"Funtime what?" Hayner asked, with his eyebrows arched as he looked down at Michael.

Michael looked up at Hayner. "Yeah, you know the- Oh! Right, you three weren't with me those days," Michael said.

Sora then remembered something Michael had said before, about a robot testing him apart, and it was why he looked purple those few times they had seen him. Sora wanted to mention that, but he figured now probably wouldn't have been a good time to unlock some horrible memories for Michael.

"Henry told me that all I needed to do was..." Michael looked down at the tape player. "Play this?"

"Oh... then play it then," Roxas said.

Michael reached over and tapped the play button.

Begin tape... Leaving dead space... Three, two, one.

The purpose of this tape is to test automated response times and reactions from vintage interactive attractions following audio stimuli. If you are playing this tape, that means that not only have you been checking outside at the end of every shift, as you were instructed to do, but also that you have found something that meets the criteria of your special obligations under Paragraph Four.

Follow these instructions, document response times then safely secure the space before leaving. Upon sealing the room, you are not to return.

Congratulations on completing your first day. However, your job isn't over just yet. There is another aspect to your end-of-day routine, and that is inspecting and salvaging any animatronics found in the alley outside the backdoor.

Things are found here quite often, and while we aren't sure why, what we do know, is that they can be used for parts, which can mean a much-needed revenue boost before starting your next day.

Of course, as with everything else in this line of work, those benefits come with risks. The safest thing to do is to throw it back outside. But then, you get no money for the salvage. Choose to keep it, and you run the risk of certain negative consequences – namely, death – should the item in question not be as docile as it first appeared.

If you do decide to try to salvage it, then you must complete the maintenance checklist. During this testing phase, check on the animatronic frequently. If you feel that it is becoming unstable, use the taser provided to you. You can use it three times without damaging the hardware. Every use over three however will decrease the item's salvage value.

Michael blinked. "W-What? I thought Henry wanted to just gather them to free the spirits... this makes no sense?" He said. "I mean, he did tell me he didn't expect me to show up," He looked over at the tazer, the backup at the animatronic that was still in the same place.

"So... I guess you're going to 'salvage' it?" Sora asked.

"I have too," Michael said. He pressed the tape again.

 

Before you is an animatronic found in the back alley. We are unsure of its origins. It is your job to complete the maintenance checklist before claiming it as salvage. Or, if you choose to, you can throw it back into the alley where you found it, and forfeit payment.

Please make your choice now.

"So... the tape is verifying what I should do," Michael picked up his pen and got the checklist. "Let's do it," He pressed the play button.

You have chosen to proceed with the maintenance checklist. Remember, use your company-issued taser to return the animatronic to a neutral state if you feel that it's becoming unstable or aggressive. You can only use it three times before it begins to damage the animatronic and decrease its value. Begin audio prompt in three, two, one-

Then the tape started to play a bone-chilling sound. To some, it probably wouldn't be that freaky, but to Sora and his friends and even Michael, they didn't like it at all.

"What the freak? What is that sound?" Roxas asked. Hayner felt uneasy and hugged Roxas.

Then, the sound stopped.

Document Results.

"That sounded like a freaking Alien," Roxas remarked.

Michael looked up at the animatronic, then back down at the paper. "It didn't move..." He said. He took the pen, and marked "NO" On the paper. "You guys didn't see it move, did you?"

"I was staring at it the whole time, I didn't see anything like that," Sora said.

"Holy crap, that sound rattled me... I didn't like that," Hayner said, as he was still clinging to Roxas.

Roxas patted his head. "It'll be alright..."

Begin audio prompt in three, two, one.

The same sound came on again, but the animatronic stayed dormant.

Document results.

"Is... it not possessed or something?" Sora asked.

"I'm not sure," Michael said. "Either that or it's really good at pretending,"

The audio prompt ended again, and Michael had to check off "no" Once again. Nothing happened.

Begin audio prompt in three, two, one.

They all sat and stared at the robot.

Document results.

"I'm beginning to think this animatronic is just a lifeless husk," Michael said. But then, they all made the mistake of looking down at the paper at once while Michael checked it off as no.

Once they all looked back up, they just barely saw that the animatronic had shifted a little.

"... That is not how it was turned," Michael said. "Did one of you hit the table or something?"

"Mike, we are literally behind you," Sora mentioned.

Michael looked over at the tazer. He placed his hand on it. "Sora hit the tape for me,"

Sora reached over and hit the tape player's button.

Begin audio prompt in three, two, one.

The creepy sound came back on. It was all fine for a while, but then the animatronic started to vibrate slightly with the sound. Under the mask, was glowing.

"O-Oh shit!" Michael gasped.

"Mike, use the tazer!" Roxas yelled.

In a swift movement, Michael jabbed the tazer into the chest of the animatronic and turned it on. It zapped the animatronic, but then it tilted and fell over. It slammed onto the ground.

Michael blinked, then slowly stood up from his chair and looked over the table at the robot that was now lying on the floor. "Uhh... Oops?" He said.

"Geez, so it is possessed! But by who??" Roxas asked.

"I don't know. None of the other animatronics I've seen in my lifetime looked like this. Well, that's a lie. There was one, but that was the one back... in..."

Michael stopped talking for a moment.

Sora looked at him. "Mike? What's wrong?" He asked, with a concerned look on his face.

"This can't be..." Michael said as he slowly backed away, then nearly tripped over his chair. After getting his balance, he rushed back over to the table and looked down at the animatronic. "It can't be!" He yelled. "This... is that thing! That thing that stuffed itself inside me!"

Blinking, Hayner looked at Michael's direction. "I'm sorry... what?"

Sora gasped. "Michael, are you serious?! Are you sure!?"

"Yes! I'm positive! It even has the parts of one of the animatronics, Funtime Freddy!" Michael yelled. He placed his hand on his stomach, remembering what this robot did to him. He felt sick to be near it.

He backed away. "Please... Sora, help me finish the checklist... I can't look at it..."

Sora looked at him, then nodded. "Sure thing," He got the pen, then hit play on the tape.

Begin audio prompt in three, two, one.

The animatronic didn't move this time, it stayed motionless.

Document results.

Sora checked off no, because the robot didn't move this time. "Alright, all done..." Sora turned his head and saw Michael leaning up to the wall, holding his stomach.

"He seems... distressed..." Roxas whispered to Sora.

"Wouldn't you be?" Sora yelled at Roxas in a whisper. "It was that thing that made him look like a zombie! And it's back and near him, I think it's normal that he looks sick,"

They walked back over to Michael.

"Michael, are you alright?" Sora asked placing a hand on Michael's shoulder.

Michael was taking deep breaths. "Y-Yes... I think so... I'm sorry, just realizing that that was that robot that was controlling me on the inside, is making me feel sick right now,"

"It's fine," Sora said. "Come on let's get inside, to let Henry know that the animatronic is in fact possessed and is here,"

After they had told Henry about it, he had gotten a forklift to carry the animatronic into a separate room.

By now, Michael was calming now.

"Are you alright? Are you ready to see the other animatronic?" Sora asked.

Michael shrugged. "I'm scared of what I'm going to see..." He said. "I wasn't expecting it was going to be the thing that made me undead. Could it be Father again? Henry told me he could be lurking still,"

"Huh? But that's impossible!" Sora said. "It died, and we even defeated its Heartless!"

Michael shrugged. "I guess we'll see," He stood up. "Come on, let's go,"

***

They were in the room that they were in before. Michael sat at the desk, and his three friends stood behind him.

"Why is it so dark?" Michael asked.

"Yeah, is something across the table or not?" Hayner said.

There was something like a silhouette of something. "I don't know, let's just get the tape over with. Henry did say he would have dropped the robot off here, he probably forgot to switch the light on,"

Then, Michael pressed the tape player.

Before you is an animatronic found in the back alley. We are unsure of its origins. It is your job to complete the maintenance checklist before claiming it as salvage. Or, if you choose to, you can throw it back into the alley where you found it, and forfeit payment.

Please make your choice now.

Then the lights came on right as soon as the tape ended. Well, more like a single light bulb that only revealed the animatronic.

"Well, that looks like a horrible mess. I thought the last one was disgusting," Hayner said. "It's still so freaking creepy, holy shit..."

"Yeah, what is that anyways? Michael, press the tape," Sora said.

But Michael didn't.

"Michael?" Sora asked. He looked at Michael and saw that he was just staring at the animatronic.

'Oh no... does he have more history with this one too?' Sora thought.

Michael slowly stood up and came closer to the table.

"Michael, what are you doing?" Roxas asked.

"Elizabeth...?" He called out to the robot. "Elizabeth... are you there?"

Sora gasped. He got a flashback to when they were with Evan in William's house, just before William invited them over to the Pizzeria. William mentioned that Elizabeth was his daughter, which meant that this was...

Michael's sister.

"Elizabeth, it's me, Michael!" Michael waved his hands in front of the robot's face. But the animatronic stayed still and didn't move no matter how much Michael was trying to talk to it.

"She's not talking to me... this is Baby! This is the animatronic she became!" Michael yelled. "Why isn't she answering me?!"

"Michael, don't stress yourself out, just play the tape," Sora said. "Then, see what happens,"

Michael nodded. "R-Right..."

You have chosen to proceed with the maintenance checklist. Remember, use your company-issued taser to return the animatronic to a neutral state if you feel that it's becoming unstable or aggressive. You can only use it three times before it begins to damage the animatronic and decrease its value. Begin audio prompt in three, two, one.

The same creepy sound played.

But Baby stayed dormant. She didn't move.

"Come on Elizabeth... move..." Michael said.

But she didn't.

Document results.

Michael had to check off no. "Come on..." He looked back up at the animatronic, then quickly turned the tape back on to play another sound.

Begin audio prompt in three, two, one.

Then, Baby started to glitch slightly.

Hayner hugged Roxas more. "Uhh, Michael, the tazer?!" He yelled out.

Michael looked at the tazer, then at Baby. "No! I need to talk to her!" He yelled. "Elizabeth! It's me!" He spoke.

"No! Michael, I don't think she'll hear you!" Roxas yelled.

Document results.

Even though the audio prompt had ended, Baby was still, glitching.

"Elizabeth! It's me! Your brother!" Michael yelled. The animatronic looked at Michael, but its head was twitching, and twitching.

Michael was thinking that Elizabeth had recognized him, but then the animatronic launched from the table, and pushed Michael out of his chair.

The sudden thing, caused Roxas and Hayner to fall on the ground because they were right next to Michael.

"Guys!" Sora yelled.

Sora realized he had to use his magic. The little magic he had left.

"Fire!" He yelled, and flames slammed into Baby.

Then, the animatronic's head turned fully around and looked at Sora. Sora gasped, seeing that. The animatronic's head glitched, then it stood up, then turned around, with its head still looking at Sora. It started to walk quickly over to Sora, but Roxas managed to get the tazer and zap Baby with it.

The animatronic made a garbled electronic noise, then he dropped to the ground.

Panting, Sora de summoned his keyblade. "Holy shit... that was close," He said.

Michael looked distressed again. "I'm not doing the other prompts, just tell Henry that it's possessed and get it out of my sight!" Michael snapped.

"M-Michael-," Sora said.

"I can't look at her anymore! This is my fucking Sister! My Sister is dead and is trapped inside a machine! Get her quickly to Henry so she can be free!"

Sora nodded. "You heard him," He said to his two friends. "Let's tell Henry,"

****

Michael sat back down In his chair. Sora and his friends, are behind him as usual.

"I can't believe this; alright... here we go again," Michael tapped the play button.

Before you is an animatronic found in the back alley. We are unsure of its origins. It is your job to complete the maintenance checklist before claiming it as salvage. Or, if you choose to, you can throw it back into the alley where you found it, and forfeit payment.

Please make your choice now.

When the light came on, they all stayed silent.

It was a green animatronic rabbit, sitting in front of the table, seeming to be deactivated.

Sora looked down and saw Michael's hands had made a fist. His breathing was a little rapid, as he stood there looking at this thing.

"No... why can't you just die..." Michael said. "WHY CAN'T YOU JUST GIVE UP!?" He yelled in genuine anger. Michael leaped from his chair, then jumped onto the table, and pushed the animatronic onto the floor. He pinned Afton to the ground. "You fucking idiot! You're the reason our entire family is fucking dead!" Michael yelled.

"Oh geez!" Roxas gasped as he saw Michael jump from his chair like that.

"Michael, no!" Sora yelled.

Michael picked up Afton, then slammed him into the ground, some of the animatronic parts on it, broke off. "I never fucking liked you!" He yelled. "You always were a horrible shitty father! You treated Evan like shit, you treated Elizabeth like shit! You treated ME like shit!" He yelled.

"Oh, I agree with Cassidy!" Michael yelled. "You deserve-," He slammed Afton onto the ground. "To-" He slammed Afton once again. "Be-" He pulled Afton up, then slammed him on the concrete again. "FUCKING TORMENTED!" Michael repeatedly banged Afton's head onto the floor.

"Michael, don't!" Sora tried to pull Michael away from his father.

The robot sat lifeless on the ground, as Sora pried Michael away from it.

"Holy crap..." Hayner said quietly after witnessing that.

Michael sat back down in his chair. "I can't deal with this... You all do the checklist... I can't..."

Sora and his friends looked at each other, then nodded.

They turned to the desk.

You have chosen to proceed with the maintenance checklist. Remember, use your company-issued taser to return the animatronic to a neutral state if you feel that it's becoming unstable or aggressive. You can only use it three times before it begins to damage the animatronic and decrease its value. Begin audio prompt in three, two, one.

But then the animatronic started to glitch. Sora quickly reached to get the tazer, but then Afton managed to swat it away, and it went flying across the room.

"Ahh!" Sora yelled in fear. He quickly summoned his keyblade and aimed it at Afton. But Then Afton slapped the Keybalde out of Sora's hands.

Roxas aimed his keyblades at him, and Hayner aimed the bow.

Afton was back.

But then, Michael had gotten the tazer. Afton didn't even notice that his son was there, nor did anyone see him walk over to pick up the tazer.

Michael snuck up behind Afton and shocked him.

"Get Henry and tell him his shitty business partner is captured," He said.

****

"Are you sure... you can do this one?" Sora asked, rubbing Michael's back.

"We have to go through it one way or another, don't we?" Micheal said with an exhausted sigh.

He pressed the tape.

Before you is an animatronic found in the back alley. We are unsure of its origins. It is your job to complete the maintenance checklist before claiming it as salvage. Or, if you choose to, you can throw it back into the alley where you found it, and forfeit payment.

Please make your choice now.

Michael tilted his head once the light came on.

"What? What the hell is this?" Sora asked.

"I don't remember seeing that all," Hayner mentioned.

"Me neither," Michael said. It was a black bear, with a star on its chest, and they had red cheeks. "Let's just get it over with,"

You have chosen to proceed with the maintenance checklist. Remember, use your company-issued taser to return the animatronic to a neutral state if you feel that it's becoming unstable or aggressive. You can only use it three times before it begins to damage the animatronic and decrease its value. Begin audio prompt in three, two, one.

The audio prompt started. But this one was different. It sounded like a music box. Then instantly the animatronic reacted. It glitched.

Michael was really done with everything, so he just got the tazer and zapped the robot. "Tell Henry this one is ready, I'm done," He got up.

The other guys just watched him leave.

They then looked at each other. Sora sighed, then shook his head. "He's so stressed out..." He got up. "Come on, let's tell Henry,"

****

"Alright, so they're all accounted for? Good," Henry said. "But why did you kids go near them? I specifically told Michael to not let that happen," Then, Henry sighed and shook his head. "Well, it's over now. Let me get to Michael and let him know what's going to happen,"

"What is gonna happen?" Roxas asked.

"Well, since Michael seemed to have told you what's gonna happen, we are gonna free their souls," Henry said as he left the room.

Henry walked down the hall of the building until he found Michael. "Michael, we need to ta-" He said Michael was leaning on the wall. "Mike, is everything alright?"

"Alright?" Michael said, with his voice slightly on edge. "No. Nothing is alright. Everything is the fucking opposite of alright!"

Henry just looked at him with a sympathetic look. "This is a very hard thing for you, I'm sure. But they'll be free. The fire should burn the remnant, and all of those souls would be free, and Afton will be no more,"

"The remnant will burn you say?" Michael asked.

Henry nodded. "Yes. I know you burned Fazbear's Fright down, but that wasn't hot enough,"

"That's not what I meant," Michael said. "I have remnant on me,"

Henry looked at him. "Son, we all have remnant. It's what makes us breathe,"

"No," Michael looked at Henry. "I've been undead for years. The remnant is making you look at a dead man walking right now. If you're going to burn the animatronics, you'll have to burn me too. I'm part of the problem,"

Henry blinked at him. You could see his expression change instantly from hearing what Michael had said.

"Ok now Michael, you don't need to do that. If you really are that, you don't-"

"It's my choice. I choose to burn with them. Remnant is powerful. Especially on me. If I stick around it could lure some of the spirits towards me, and I can't have that. I have to burn as well,"

Henry stood there. "B-But what about your friends just down the hall?"

Michael sighed. "They'll... understand..."

 

 

Chapter 31: Nowhere To Run

Chapter Text

Michael walked back out to his friends. He saw them all waiting in the office where Henry was waiting for him earlier.

"Oh, there he is!" Roxas said smiling. They were sitting on top of the desk.

The two other guys turned their heads in his direction. "You alright?" Sora asked. "You took a while to come back, is everything okay?" Sora was still very concerned for Michael.

"Yeah... Everything is fine," Michael said.

Sora looked at Roxas and Hayner. They all shared the same expression. Michael didn't seem fine at all. Sora wanted to help, so he went to say something-

But then Michael opened his mouth- "Sora, can I talk to you in private?" He asked.

Sora looked at his other friends, then back at Michael. "Yeah, sure," He said. He looked back at Roxad and Hayner, who just sat there on the desk. Sora sighed, then leaned his head to the door.

Roxas and Hayner got the message. "Oh! Right... we'll be back in a bit," Roxas said. He jumped down, took Hayner's hand, and took him out of the room.

Now that Sora and Michael were alone, Sora now could talk. "What's up? Is something the matter?"

Michael sighed, then looked at Sora. "Sometimes, my memories... go and come at times," Michael shook his head, feeling a little bit of dread. "It could be because I'm undead-,"

"Michael, stop saying that. You're not undead," Sora said placing his hand on Michael's shoulder.

Michael sighed. "Sora. I am. Logically I am. Yes, the remnant has healing abilities, but what happened to me was a tremendous bloody disaster. I'm still not fully recovered. I still can't even consume food for crying out loud," Michael shifted, to take Sora's hand off his shoulder.

Feeling a bit hurt, Sora removed his hand. He didn't want Michael to feel like this. He didn't want anyone he become friends with to feel like this at all.

Michael continued to talk. "Henry is going to burn the animatronics,"

Sora looked at him. "He is? What will that do?"

"He claims that it'll burn the remnant, and it'll free them," Michael said.

"Oh... I see," Sora said. But then he saw that Michael was staring at him. Sora tilted his head slightly, a little confused since it seemed like Michael was trying to make him understand something.

But then he gasped. "No... no no no, don't tell me you're thinking of that," Sora had figured it out, and he felt really bad for Michael. "You are not going to burn with them!" He yelled.

"But Sora, I have to,"

"You don't!"

"Sora, I've made up my mind! I literally have to! The heat will get rid of all the remnant, including the excess on me. If I stay alive, the souls can get attached to me, since they'll not have their own remnant anymore from the fire," Michael explained. "I can't let that happen. I have to burn too, or this will be for nothing,"

Sora wanted to say something, but couldn't. Deep down he knew Michael was right. But he didn't want it to happen. He shook his head. "Of all the worlds I've used to travel too, I never... I never experienced something like this,"

Michael took a long sigh. "I never traveled worlds, and I agree with everything you said. When I was a boy, if you told me this would happen to me, I'd laugh in your face," He rested his head on the desk.

Sora looked at him. "Michael, I can't stop you, if... If you think this is what you should do, go for it,"

"T-Thank you Sora," Michael spoke.

***

Michael was seated in front of a computer, in a tiny room. He looked around at his surroundings. It felt so cramped, but this was his choice. He had to be here.

"Michael," said a voice coming from a small speaker on the computer monitor.

There was an entrance to two vent shafts. One on the left, and one on the right. They all connected to similar box-sized rooms, just like the one Michael was inside. Michael had his head poked down the left shaft, but then he heard Henry call his name.

"Yes?" Michael asked, taking his head out the vent. He sat back down In his seat. "What is it, Henry?" He said looking at the monitor.

"You sure you know how to work the devices I have shown you?"

"Yes, the animatronics are all around me," Michael said.

"Right," Henry said.

"Is... Sora and the rest alright?"

"Yes, they are," Henry responded. "They're behind me, safe and sound. Sora told Roxas and Hayner what their intentions are. And, don't worry Michael, the robots can't get out. Since you are in there, you can supervise to make sure they don't do anything suspicious,"

Michael didn't answer. He went onto a screen on the computer that picks up audio in the vents around him. The animatronics were angry. They can come and take him out. Although Michael wants to sacrifice himself for the sake of freeing the souls, especially his sister, he can't risk them killing him. No one would be there to look them over, and he doesn't want that. He fears that the souls could escape.

He could hear laughter in the vent. He turned his head down there and saw one of the animatronics seized back onto the vent.

It was that animatronic with all the wires. He hated that thing. According to what his father had said back in Fazbear's Fright, was that is was multiple souls in one robot. Michael felt sick. He felt horrible that his own father could do something like this. That thing could have been awesome to see in a horror movie, but with it playing out in real life, feels just sickening to watch.

He shined his flashlight down the vent shaft. But then, he heard a voice.

"It's you... You might not recognize me at first, but I assure you, it's still me Michael..."

Michael quickly turned his head to the right air vent and shined his light, and the rabbit animatronic retreated into the darkness. "Get away from me Father! I do recognize you!" He yelled with anger. "You bloody bastard! You got a new suit huh? Old one got burned?" Michael stuck his head down the right vent. "Burned because of me!! And I'll do it again if I have to! And by the way, your new suit looks horrible! Your head is shaped like a rejected peanut!"

Michael heard scratching coming from the left vent. He shined his flashlight, and then the animatronic with the loose wires screeched and flew back into the dark vent.

Michael wasn't sure how long he could keep up with this. "Come on Henry, just start the fire already, they're all here," Michael said to himself.

****

Henry took a sigh, as he stared at the red button on his desk. He looked at it for a while, then, he turned his head to Sora, Roxas, and Hayner who were behind him. "I'm so sorry you three. I'm sure you were good friends with Michael. Especially for all you three to be here still,"

Sora sighed. He looked at Roxas and Hayner, who both had sad expressions. "Yeah... we were," Sora said. "We haven't known him for that long, but.. Yeah,"

Henry looked back at the monitor. He reached over, about to press it. Once he clicked it, he started to talk into the mic, to Michael.

"Michael," Henry said quietly. "I'm going to turn off the air, the vent, and anything that is supplying air conditioning where you are. Then, I'm going to start the fire," He said.

Michael sighed. "Sure," He said.

The mic turned off. Now, Michael couldn't hear Henry, but Henry could hear him, with how the mics were set up.

Michael just sat there, waiting for something to happen, but then the lights shut off, leaving him in darkness. But the air conditioning was still going on. Michael wasn't sure what was happening, as he expected the fire to have begun. He was about to press something on the computer, but then he heard a clanging in the vent. He gasped and tried to use his flashlight to shine it down the vent.

"Come on, work flashlight!" He said quietly to himself.

Since Sora and the rest could have heard Michael from the mic, they all were now worried. "What's happening?"

But Henry didn't say anything, he just waited.

Back in the vent, Michael saw an outline of something enter from the left vent and stepped out. It was very hard to see, due to the room being pitch black. His eyes tried to agust to the darkness, but then-

You played right into our hands.

Did you really think that this job just fell out of the sky for you?

No, this was a gift. For us.

You gathered them all together, in one place.

Just like he asked you to.

All of those little souls... in one place.

Just for us, a gift.

Now, we can do what we were created to do.

And be complete.

I will make you proud, Daddy.

Watch, listen, and be full.

Michael backed away slowly, as now his eyes were fully adjusted. It was the Baby animatronic. His sister... Elizabeth. He wanted to hug her, he just wanted to hug his sister and make her feel safe, but something clearly was wrong. Elizabeth wasn't herself. Something was controlling her.

When Baby started to home in onto Michael, Henry's voice came onto the speaker.

 

"Connection Terminated-,"

Baby looked over to the screen. The computer was back on.

"I'm sorry to interrupt you, Elizabeth, if you still even remember that name. But I'm afraid you've been misinformed."

Michael was panting as Baby loomed over him, but when the monitor came back on, she slowly walked over to the screen.

"You are not here to receive a gift, nor have you've been called here by the individual you assume, although, you have indeed been called,"

Baby froze, staring at the monitor.

"You have all been called here, into a labyrinth of sounds and smells, misdirection and misfortune. A labyrinth with no exit, a maze with no prize. You don't even realize you are trapped. Your lust for blood has driven you in endless circles, chasing the cries of children in some unseen chamber, always seeming so near, yet somehow, out of reach. But you will never find them. None of you will, this is where your story ends-,"

Michael just slouched on the wall. Baby was still just looking at the screen. Gears could be heard turning in the animatronic. Zapping electricity could be heard from the loose wiring.

"And to you, my brave volunteer, Michael, who had somehow found this job listing. I wanted to make a way out for you, but you've told me, that isn't what you want. You are right where you want to be, to end this madness once and for all. Your friends are with me, they are safe, so don't worry. This place will not be remembered, and the memory of everything that started this can finally fade away, as the agony of every tragedy should,"

Michael closed his eyes. It was finally going to happen. The madness that he suffered to experience, was finally going to fade away.

"And to you monsters trapped in the corridors, give up your spirits, they don't belong to you. For some of you, I believe there is peace and perhaps more waiting for you after the smoke clears. Although, for one of you, the darkest pit of hell, has opened to swallow you whole," Henry spoke, in slight anger.

Michael had a small little smirk on his face. He felt relieved a little bit. William Afton deserved everything thing bad to happen to him.

"My daughter, if you can hear me-,"

Michael opened his eyes and gasped slightly. "D-Daughter?" He said quietly to himself.

Sora, Roxas, and Hayner looked over at Henry shocked. They were not aware that his daughter was in there.

"-I knew you would return as well. It's in your nature to protect the innocent. I'm sorry that on that day, the day you were shut out and left to die, no one was there to lift you up into their arms the way you lifted others into yours, and then, what became of you. I should have known you wouldn't be content to disappear, not my daughter. I couldn't save you then, so let me save you now. It's time to rest - for you, and for those you have carried in your arms. This ends for all of us. End communication,

The screen was still on, but the mic to talk back to Henry was turned off.

Then, Michael felt a slightly warm breeze hit him. He felt scared for a moment. It was starting.

Then Michael saw an animatronic enter the room from the right vent. A black bear.

He remembered seeing it at the table. He was wondering what it was, but now it hit him. This had to be Henry's daughter.

But then, he realized who it exactly was.

It was Charlie Emily. One of the missing children.

"Ch-Charlie..?" Michael said.

The animatronic looked at him and glitched.

"Michael..."

Michael turned his head to Baby. It said his name, but the voice didn't sound like what it did before. It... sounded exactly like his sister.

"...Elizabeth...?" Michael said.

Baby turned her head to him.

Then, the vents closed. The left, and the right. But, it was getting hot inside the main room where Michael was. It was only a matter of minutes before the entire room, and other vents would catch on fire.

There was a loud bang on both doors. "Michael! You fucking asshole! Look at what you're going to do to us!"

It was Afton. And on the other side, was the mess of wires.

Michael didn't respond to his father. He just sat there, in the corner of the metal room. He felt like he wanted to cry, but then, he heard metallic sounds. Once he looked up, he saw Baby sit on the floor next to him. Before Michael could say anything, Baby put her robotic arms around him, and pulled Michael close to her.

Michael blinked. He wasn't expecting this.

 

"Michael... I'm so sorry," said the voice of Elizabeth. "It's the robot's fault... I can't control it at times... The robot was designed to kill... I can't control it..." Elizabeth said.

Michael closed his eyes, then put his arms around the animatronic. "I know. I know what the programming of the Funtimes was,"

Then, he saw the black bear animatronic come over to him, and it also hugged him. "You don't know me, but I was friends with Evan..."

"I know, most of you were," Michael said. "Charlie... I'm so sorry..."

"Don't be... we'll be free. You did free me. You freed all of us, but it's the remnant. It's too strong. It brought me back to the Puppet. And... once I heard that Elizabeth was going to be here, I couldn't let another kid such as myself be a lost soul," She said. "And I'm so sorry that I mistook you for William years ago,"

Michael blinked. He tried to remember. But, it really was years ago, and his mind is going.

"I'm sorry, that was so long ago, my undead brain can't remember," Michael said with a weak smile. Charlie gave a small chuckle. "Alright... But, it did happen. And I'm very sorry,"

There was another bang on the vent door. "I can't believe you would do this to your own father!" William yelled. "You had set me ablaze! And then you want to set me ablaze again! Once I get in that room, I'm going to kill you with my own hands!" Afton yelled, sounding on edge. Afton sounded very, very angry. It was making Elizabeth scared. It seemed like she really was under the control of the programming on Baby, because she was getting very uncomfortable with her father's angry tone. She hugged onto Michael more.

"I won't let him hurt you," Michael quietly said to Elizabeth.

"I'm scared Michael... what will happen to us..." Elizabeth asked.

Michael looked at the animatronic. "We'll be free. Free from this madness," He said. "And where we are going, won't have any more people like William,"

"You sure?" Elizabeth asked.

"Positive," Michael smiled. He held onto Baby's hand, then he also held onto Charlie's hand. "Just let's stay strong... and we'll live eternally... Together,"

Michael looked at Elizabeth. "If there is one good thing about our family, is that we are always strong," Then he looked at Charlie. "And the same goes for your family," Michael smiled.

Charlie smiled and leaned on him.

Michael then saw an orange glow. He looked down. The floor was a like a metal mesh. Below, was fire, and it was rising. The heat was getting intense now.

He held onto Elizabeth and Charlie. "We'll be alright,"

Chapter 32: Cassidy's Fury

Chapter Text

Henry rested his hands on the sides of the panel. He let out a sigh as he shook his head. Directly in front of him, was the fake pizzeria, up in flames.

Sora felt a strange sense or deja vu. It was just like when Fazbear's Fright went up in flames.

"Henry... Are you okay?" Hayner asked.

Henry didn't answer for a moment, but then he spoke up. "Yeah, I'm totally fine. I just didn't burn my daughter, and burn my co-worker's son to bits," Henry rubbed his head.

Sora felt really bad for him. He doesn't know much about Henry, but according to Michael, he was one of the founders of the place. "Henry... I'm so sorry..." Sora said to him, his voice filled with empathy.

Henry just looked at Sora and gave a small smile. "Thanks... uh... what was your name again?"

"Sora," Sora said, returning the smile.

"You, and your other friends," Henry gestured towards Roxas and Hayner, "Seemed to be very connected to Michael. Well, he did say you were his friends. I believe you all made him feel happy at least," Henry then smiled a little more. "I can only imagine the pain he went through. Getting killed... and living as an undead corpse must have been really challenging. I guess you three gave him the light to push forward,"

Sora smiled warmly at that. He always loves to help out people when he goes to worlds, but he has never done something like this or experienced something like this.

Henry turned around to them. "Well, the fire... should, and will burn the remnant. It's all over. No more madness," Henry said.

"You sure it's over?" Roxas asked.

"It has to be. This fire is hot enough to burn the remnant. And, we gathered them all in one place. No more lingering souls. They're all free," Henry said.

Sora nodded. "Yeah, they're all okay now,"

Henry turned around back to the panel. "Do... You all live close by?" He asked. But at that moment, the door showed up behind Sora, Roxas, and Hayner. Roxas rugged at Sora's sleeve, "Sora!" Roxas whispered loudly.

Sora noticed the door. He didn't want to just leave Henry like that, but they had no choice.

Sora, and the rest of his friends, ran into the door and closed it, and it dematerialized.

"I asked if you live somewhere because I wanna offer to drive you home-," Henry had a confused look on his face as he turned around. "....Hello?" He asked looking around.

****

"Well, hello again there," Said Adventure Fredbear. "I'm starting to think what you guys are doing, is very important,"

"It is very important," Sora said as he shut the door.

"So important that we still can't tell you what we are doing," Roxas said.

Hayner looked at the door. He saw that there were other doors. "Wait... that's not the end to it? I thought with Michael being... You know... that would have been the end,"

Roxas looked at Hayner, then at the doors. "Hm... You have a point," Roxas turned his head to Sora. "Hey, So, check if you see the gem anywhere,"

"I don't think it's anywhere," Sora said. "Remember how we found it in Minecraft? It was in the dragon egg,"

Hayner grunted. "What, are we gonna have to find the gem in eggs?!"

"What? No! At least I don't think so, I think they show themselves up at random times," Sora said. "Like, when we completely finish the world."

"Completely finish the world? So... what is this? A video game?" Hayner asked.

Roxas chuckled. "Well, it isn't called the 'Game Dimension' for nothing,"

Sora chuckled along with him, but then his eyes drifted down to Adventure Fredbear and saw that the tiny animatronic bear was looking up at all three of them with a very confused face.

Sora winced and looked at his friends. "Guys, we gotta be careful,"

Roxas sighed, "We are turning into you," He grunted.

"Hey, what's that supposed to mean?!" Sora snapped. Hayner laughed loudly.

Roxas sighed, with a giggle, and turned to get into the other door. "Come on, let's go do what we need to do," Roxas said walking over to the new door. He opened it, and let Hayner and Sora inside.

"Bye Fredbear!" Sora said closing the door.

Adventure Fredbear gasped "Wait!" He yelled, then tried to run to the door. "I forgot to tell you, there was this dark creature and I fought-" But Sora didn't hear him because he had shut the door.

"Servos and circuits!" Adventure Fredbear cursed out, pouting.

*****

 

"Ok... where the hell is this...?" Hayner asked looking around.

"Yeah... where are we? Why does this look like another restaurant?" Roxas asked.

Sora walked ahead, "Geez, won't this company just die? Why do they keep coming back?" Sora felt upset. Henry wanted the place to be forgotten, but here it was again.

But, something was off.

"Hold on, if this... is a working restaurant, where the hell are the tables?" Hayner mentioned.

After hearing what Hayner said, Sora now paid attention to what he was seeing. "Yeah... and... surprising why does this look like the last place we were at?"

"You mean just before?" Roxas asked.

"No, the restaurant when we meet Cassidy in the golden Freddy suit. Do you remember? It wasn't that long ago," Sora said.

Roxas gasped, "Wait a second, you're right! This is the main area of that place. And look!" Roxas pointed. "The two hallways that would lead to the office!"

Sora blinked. "Why... are we back in that place for? And why... Why is Fox's Cove thing inside of the bathroom's hallway over there?"

"Ok, that's a bit weird," Roxas said, as his head turned. Sora walked a little closer.

"Guys, there's a sign on it," Sora said. "Showtime is at 3 am...? What does that mean?"

"I guess it means what it says," Roxas said as he came over. "Showtime is going to be 3 am,"

Hayner looked behind him. "Anyone find it strange how there are two coves? There's also one over there-," Hayner pointed to the right side. There was another curtain. But that one was actually Fox's Cove.

"Something is weird," Roxas said.

"Very," Sora said. "Wait... is that a prize counter?"

In that back, was a prize counter, that had a few plush toys. As Sora, and his friends walked over, Sora looked up, and down at the stand that had all the toys. "Hold on, wasn't this where the animatronic stage was?"

No one answered him, and Hayner reached for one of the plushies. "Ooh look at the Bonnie plush, it's cute! Hope they don't mind if I take it," Hayner was about to touch it, but then-

"Don't touch that!"

"AH!" Hayner yelled, then tripped over the prize counter and fell to the other side of it.

Roxas and Sora quickly turned around, only to see a ghostly figure watching them. Sora recognized them. "Wait... Cassidy?!"

"Wait... Cassidy?" Hayner asked as he pulled himself up from behind the counter, "I... I um... I definitely wasn't thinking of stealing the plush...!"

Cassidy looked at Hayner, arched her eyebrow, then she looked at Sora and Roxas. "What are you all doing here?" Her voice fell into a whisper. "You shouldn't be here!" Her voice sounded angry.

"Woah, woah! Cassidy, what's with the anger in your voice?" Sora asked, looking at her, then at Roxas.

"Because you all shouldn't be here! I understand you all told me you travel worlds, but this is the one time you should leave!" Cassidy said.

"Cassidy, we can't! We couldn't even if we wanted to, we have to wait for the door to show up!" Sora said.

Cassidy's eyes glowed red for a second, then went back to normal. "Fine. If you all are going to intrude on my privacy, you might as well help me. Follow me," She turned around, and floated away from them, heading down the hallway.

Sora and his friends looked at each other. Roxas shrugged, "At least she's not fighting us to make us leave," He whispered to Sora.

Sora nodded, "Yeah, let's go," Sora said as he followed Cassidy.

Hayner looked back at the plushies. "Maybe if I take just one she wouldn't notice-,"

"Hayner don't!" Roxas yelled, dragging Hayner away from the prize counter.

Sora followed Cassidy down the left hallway, passing the broom closet. It was just like that other location. Strange. Something wasn't right. It also looked a little more barren.

 

When Cassidy turned into the office, Sora gasped a little as he saw someone sitting in the chair. Well, they weren't sitting in it. They were tied to the chair.

Sora gasped, because at first he thought the man was Michael, but when he got closer-

"William?" Sora asked, arching his eyebrow.

The man had his head hung down, and his eyes were closed. But then he near Sora's voice, he quickly looked up. "N-No! No! Cassidy, not them! Get them away from me!" William yelled out.

At that moment, Hayner and Roxas walked into the room.

"Holy shit-" Roxas said, "Is that William?"

"Ahh! Cassidy it's all of them!"

"Keep your mouth SHUT!" Cassidy yelled as she flew up to Afton's face, her eyes glowing red.

"AHH!" Afton yelled.

"Keep on talking, and I'm going to even put you through even more pain!" Cassidy said lastly, then turned around to Sora and his two friends.

Sora had no idea what was going on. "Cassidy, what is this? What are you doing?"

Cassidy sighed, then turned around to William. "I've given Mr, Afton what he deserves... He's about to experience the pain I've felt... and worse,"

"Cassidy please, don't! I don't want to experience it anymore!" Afton yelled.

"Well, you should have thought of that before you killed me in 1984!" Cassidy yelled, her voice sounding distorted.

Cassidy rose her hands and snapped her fingers twice.

A torn-up Golden Freddy suit and Chica showed up.

"Evan, Susie... show Mr. Afton hell,"

Hayner grabbed onto Roxas's arms from how suddenly these two animatronics showed up.

Sora blinked. "Wait... Evan?! Susie?!" Sora yelled looking at the animatronic bear, and the animatronic chicken. "C-Cassidy, Evan, and Susie are supposed to be free!" Sora yelled.

Cassidy looked down, then balled up her fists. She turned around quickly. "IF YOU ARE GOING TO CAUSE A DISTRACTION TO WHAT I'M DOING, YOU MIGHT AS WELL LEAVE!" She screamed.

Roxas gasped, standing in front of Sora and Hayner protectively. "Don't you dare yell at my friend like that!" He said, sternly.

Cassidy's eyes glowed a fierce red, as she glitched a little. "Stay out of my way," She said.

She turned back to Evan and Susie.

"Evan? Susie...? Attack Mr. Afton."

The two animatronics glitched and walked up to William. "No! Get them away from me!" The animatronics walked over to William and stood over him. "No! Make it stop!" William yelled. He looked down, while covering his ears, wincing horribly.

"W-What's going on with him??" Sora asked.

"Evan and Susie are messing with his mind. Making Mr. Afton relive the horrible situation he has caused," Cassidy smiled, her face filled with the pleasure of getting revenge on William.

"No! Please make it stop!" William yelled.

Cassidy snapped her fingers again.

Then, showed up Foxy, and Freddy.

"Fritz? Gabriel? Show your killer what true pain feels like," Cassidy smirked.

The two animatronics took the place of Chica and Golden Freddy.

William panted, then looked up, "No... N-No! Not again! Please stop this Cassidy!"

"You think you can run away from what you did to us? Think again Mr. Afton,"

Sora stared in disbelief. "Cassidy! Are you holding the souls as hostage!?"

Cassidy slowly turned around to Sora. "No... They... agreed to do this,"

Sora looked at Hayner and Roxas.

They could only shrug.

Cassidy snapped her fingers, and Freddy and Foxy disappeared.

She hovered over to William. "Are you having fun yet?" She smiled wickedly at her killer.

William panted. "Please... please stop this... You don't need to do this to me... You can't break me..."

"Hm... That's right. How can I break what's already been broken," Cassidy said. She snapped her fingers once again. There was a Purple Hippo. "What? Ugh, no, not one of Henry's creations,"

It walked up to William, then pushed Cassidy aside.

"My friend, you have met a terrible, terrible demise. But, uh, you know, I-I don't feel too bad about it. After all, if- if it weren't from me, it would have just been from someone else, ya know? I guess what I'm trying to say is life, life goes on. W- well, from- for everyone else, life goes on. Not- not for you, you're...you're dead,"

Cassidy blinked, William, blinked, and stared at the animatronic.

Cassidy grunted, then erased the purple hippo out of the picture. "Let's try this one-," she snapped her fingers.

There was loud running coming from the right hallway. Then Toy Freddy charged into the room and leaped at William.

"AHHHHH!?" William screamed as the Animatronic jumped at him, pushing him onto the ground.

Cassidy blinked at the entire thing that happened.

"If I get Jumpscared! Yooouuuu get jumpscared!" Toy Freddy yelled at William.

William blinked. "...Wha-What?!"

"Ugh, what the hell are these summons!" Cassidy snapped, then snapped her fingers, taking Toy Freddy away.

"What the freak is happening?" Hayner whispered to Sora and Roxas.

She snapped her fingers again, then the damaged Spring-Bonnie suit showed up.

Cassidy smiled.

"Now that's more like it~," She smirked. "Mr. Afton, do you remember this moment in your life?"

The Springtrap slowly walked over to William. "No... I don't want to remember..."

"Well you damn well will have to, Mr. Afton..." Cassidy said. "Or what about this?" Cassidy snapped her fingers. Then, an animatronic showed up. Sora and his friends had never seen it before. "Elizabeth... Your daughter. Remember how she died?" She smiled. "Because you decided to take your killing career a step further, and it resulted in your own daughter's death. Quite a life you had, huh?"

 

"Cassidy, stop this!" Sora yelled.

Cassidy turned around to Sora, her eyes glowed red, again.

"What did you say to me?" She asked, her voice starting to sound like rage.

"You really took Elizabeth's soul too!? She was supposed to be free! That was the entire purpose of why Henry went out of his way to save them-,"

"H-Henry? What did you say about Henry?" William asked, as he slowly looked up at Sora.

Cassidy quickly turned to Afton. "Shut up!" She yelled at him. She then turned back to Sora.

"I agree with Sora!" Roxas yelled. "I understand your anger, but-,"

"YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND ANYTHING ABOUT ME!" Cassidy screamed at Roxas, the air around her glitched, and sparked, her pupils glowed white.

Roxas gasped, as he stood in front of Hayner, Hayner hugged Roxas terrified.

Cassidy balled up her fists. "We need to show Afton a lesson,"

"But did the souls consent to that!? Something tells me that they didn't!" Sora yelled.

"THEY DID!" Cassidy screamed. The glitching around her zapped the lights, and they turned off.

"Oh fuck...." Hayner said, snuggling into Roxas.

Then, the lights came back on, only to reveal Cassidy floating over them, looking angry.

Sora looked over to the desk but saw that William was gone.

"What? Where... where is William?"

"What?" Cassidy asked with a stern voice. She turned around and saw. She blinked, "Where did he go?" She asked.

She flew out of the room.

Once Cassidy had left the room, Roxas looked down at Hayner, who was snuggled up to his side. Roxas just tapped his head, "You'll be fine," He said.

"Where did William go? Like seriously?" Sora asked.

Roxas shrugged. "I don't know,"

Cassidy slowly hovered back into the room.

"He... Escaped..." Cassidy said.

"Wha-What?" Sora asked. "What do you mean?"

"He escaped...." Cassidy said.

"Then... where could he have gone?" Roxas asked.

Cassidy slowly looked up at the three boys. "You... you three... this is all your fault..."

"Wha-What? No! Why would it be? We definitely wouldn't help him! But we'd definitely help the other souls you have trapped in here!" Sora said.

"SHUT UP!" Cassidy yelled. "This is all your fault!"

"Cass, we had no intention to let Afton escape!" Roxas yelled.

"Oh, but he did anyways. Right after all of you showed up," Cassidy said. "If it wasn't for you, he'd still be here,"

"Cassidy please!" Sora yelled.

Cassidy hovered in the air a little more, the golden Fredbear suit materialized on her. The eyes were missing, and there was just white pupils inside the mask.

"This was going to be Mr. Afton's hell... But... I guess it's going to be your hell now," Cassidy said.

"You are going to suffer just like William,"

 

Cassidy's voice sounded demonic

Hayner snuggled into Roxas more.

"Oh shit!" Sora yelled, as he summoned his keyblade.

 

 

"The animatronics will kill you,"

 

 

Roxas summoned his two keyblades.

"Sora, what the hell should we do?!" Roxas yelled.

Then, Cassidy disappeared.

"Let the fight begin~" They heard Cassidy say.

Chapter 33: Save Them

Chapter Text

 

The angry Cassidy, loomed over them while the golden bear's suit covered her ghostly appearance. The rest were horrified. Sora of course didn't want to hurt her, but they had to if she started to attack them. Which... she had.

Cassidy lunged towards the three, about to push into them, but Sora managed to swing his keyblade, Cassidy flew to the side. Then, she quickly got her balance, flew back, and grabbed onto the keyblade, trying to pry it from Sora's hand.

Sora gasped and chanted a spell. "Fire!" He yelled.

Cassidy ignited in flames. "Ahh!" She yelled. She had let go of Sora's weapon. She hovered over them, with an angry look in the eyes of the animatronic she possessed.

"The other animatronics will take care of you..." Then, she disappeared.

The air went quiet for a while.

Hayner pulled back on the cord on the bow, with the arrow. "Guys... what is happening? She's going mad! Why is she taking her anger out on us?!"

Sora sighed. "I don't know, but I don't want to hurt her!"

"Well, she's gone anyways," Roxas said.

"But she said she was going to send the other animatronics at us!" Hayner yelled. "I don't think I can-"

There was the sound of something stomping out of the office, that cut Hayner off. He gasped, aiming his bow at the entrance of the door on the right, that was behind him.

None of the buttons worked. The knowledge of what they got from the other location, with the doors, couldn't work now. Even though it seemed like Cassidy's creation is based on it, it still isn't the same. The doors couldn't close.

"We have to fight whatever is out there..." Sora took off running and ran out the door.

"No!" Roxas yelled. "Wait!" He ran after Sora.

"Ugh, why do you both always leave me behind!?" Hayner ran out after them.

Sora ran out to what used to be the dining room, he saw a few animatronics. The animatronics from that location Cassidy's version was based on.

They started to charge at Sora.

"Wind!" Sora aimed his keyblade in the air, the wind started to spiral into a swirl, and it picked up the animatronics, and tossed them at the wall.

Another animatronic, Chica, but the torn-up version, started to attack Roxas. Roxas gasped and managed to smack it with his keyblades.

Then, an animatronic fox walked off from Foxy's Cove, but the one that was wedged in the bathroom.

"It seems you couldn't have made it to my show, so I've brought the show to you!" It then tried to grab Sora, but then Roxas pushed his keyblade into its arm. It got thrown back. But then its attention went to Roxas, and tried to grab him, then Hayner managed to blow it up with his bow and arrow.

It wasn't over. There was more animatronics. Way too much.

"Guys... we can't take all of this!"

Even animatronics they had never seen before. They even saw the animatronic that William became. They tried to fight some more. But then they kept coming back. Over and over again. As if it was endless.

"They keep coming back!" Roxas yelled. "Nothing that we are doing is working!"

Some darkness even showed up. There was just way too much sorrow coming from Cassidy. The souls inside of the animatronics were slowly turning into Heartless.

"Heartless?! Oh no! Where is Cassidy?! She has to stop this!" Roxas yelled as he banged his keyblades into some animatronic clown.

Sora looked around the room for a moment, looking past the animatronics trying to gang them. He saw no sign of a golden bear or a ghostly figure. "She isn't here! Or... maybe she is but she's watching from afar," Sora said as he helped Roxas, but smacking a Bonnie away from him. Sora jumped behind Roxas's back, to cover him. "Hayner, stand over there, beside us, cover us from the right side!"

Hayner did so, but as soon as he did, Sora noticed a lot of darkness flowing on the ground.

"Oh no..." Sora said.

It started to flow along the floor until it started to form something.

Sora's eyes widen. 'Oh shit...' He said to himself. Either this was the dark figure, or some massive Heartless was going to summon.

"What is that? Is that the dark figure?" Roxas asked, as the darkness started to take the shape of something, they couldn't make out what it was.

"I don't know! I can't even see!" Hayner yelled as he was focusing on blowing the animatronics up with his arrows.

Sora noticed that the darkness was taking longer to take form. The dark figure never took this long. It started to rise as it formed, it seemed taller.

That's when it started to form a visible object. It looked like an animatronic. Sora gasped from seeing it. His eyes drifted to one of the animatronics, that was about to attack him. The Bonnie animatronic, that had the red cheeks.

Whatever darkness this was, looked exactly like it. Just... completely dark.

Sora still wasn't sure if it was the Heartless or the dark figure. He was about to warn Roxas and Hayner. But, when his eyes looked at the robotic rabbit that hard darkness flowing on it, Sora started to feel weak. "Ahh..." Sora said out of breath. He felt like he was going to pass out.

****

 

S.....

He heard someone say something, Sora gasped and looked up. He looked around. He was in a hallway. It looked like a restaurant. The rug, with the pretty designs on it, was in most of the restaurant's arcade rooms. The hallway had doors on either side and some windows. A thunderstorm was happening outside. "Where am I?' Sora said to himself as he looked around.

A.....

Sora heard that strange voice again. "Who's there?" He looked around. None of his friends were with him. He felt worried, where did they go? The last thing he saw was that dark rabbit.

V......

"R-Roxas? H-Hayner? Where are you?" Sora looked down the hallway, it was pitch black. Sora summoned his keyblade and did a small spell to have the fire magic shine at the tip of his weapon, the keyblade glowed and lit up his path. "H-Hello?" He called out. He looked around the hill, he was scared to traverse the long ominous corridor.

E.....

He continued to hear this strange voice. It's like it was coming down the hallway. He was hesitant to walk down. He took a deep breath. He knew he had to walk. He slowly started to move off.

T.....

Sora gulped. He had no idea where he was. Roxas and Hayner was no where around him. He slowly started to walk down the hallway, holding his keyblade out in front of him. "W-Who is there?" He called out.

H.....

He felt on edge. Was this Cassidy's doing? Could she have teleported him away from his friends? "Cass... if you are there... stop it. You don't need to do this because you're angry..." Sora said. "We can work this out..." He said.

E....

Sora then started to realize what he was hearing. "Are those... letters?" It didn't sound like Cassidy's voice. He stopped for a second. Then it spoke again...

M....

Sora blinked. "Did... it say M?" He looked around for a moment. He was scanning his surroundings for Cassidy, but then he saw the dark rabbit. It was standing down the hallway, hovering a little.

Sora gasped and quickly got into a battle stance. "What are you?!" He yelled. "I'm not afraid to hurt you if I have to! What do you want?! Are you the dark figure?"

"S...." It said.

Sora blinked.

"A...."

Sora then realized it was this thing that was talking, so he tried to listen.

"V... E... T... H...E...M...."

Sora tried to understand. He tried to repeat what he was hearing to himself. "S... a... v... e... t... wait..." Sora said. "A-Are... you spelling out... Save Them?"

The dark rabbit stood dormant as Sora asked that question. Then, it spoke. "Save Them..." It said.

Sora didn't know what to make out of that. Was this thing... good?

"Save Them... From her...." It said. "She has to be stopped. Her anger is reckless. Save them... Sora..."

Sora stood there, staring at the rabbit.

"You... want me to help the spirits?! But you look like darkness!"

The rabbit stayed silent for a while. Then it spoke. "I am... dark remnant..." It then disappeared.

Sora felt a zap go through him, then he saw the Bonnie animatronic with the torn face, up in his about to punch him in the face.

"Ah!" Sora yelled as he smacked his keyblade at it.

Sora looked around, he saw Roxas and Hayner were still attacking the animatronics. It was like Sora never even left.

Sora took a deep breath. He didn't know what just happened, but he knew he had to stop Cassidy from doing this.

Chapter 34: The Old Man

Chapter Text

 

 

Sora took his keyblade and bashed it into Freddy who was about to strike him. "Guys, this is Cassidy's doing. All of it is," Sora said, and he jumped over Foxy, then slashed his weapon, into the animatronic Fox's back.

"Yeah, no shit Sora!" Hayner yelled as he shot one of his arrows at an animatronic that looked like a dancing ballerina.

"But what do we have to do? Where even is she?!" Roxas yelled, looking around. It was getting really hectic. There were too many animatronics. And it was getting hard to take them all. The darkness was rampant, and it was making the animatronics even harder to take down. Some Heartless even showed up, which just gave the three more problems to deal with.

"This is hopeless! My arms are about to give out!" Roxas cried as he slashed his keyblades into Afton's second animatronic form.

Sora got into a stance and slashed Freddy again. They just kept on coming back. Over and over. He had already defeated Freddy just before, and here it stood again. Sora then raised his keyblade once more to fend off the relentless onslaught. No matter how many times they defeated these mechanical nightmares, they returned, as if mocking their efforts. Sora didn't want to admit it, but it was getting hopeless. There were just heavy swarms of animatronics coming up to them.

Roxas slashed one final animatronic, and Hayner shot another bow that got rid of a few at one time.

The trio fought valiantly, but they were soon forced to retreat against the overwhelming odds, pressed against a wall with countless animatronics closing in.

"Guys, unless you two think of a heavy spell... we are doomed," Hayner said.

"We can't Hayner! We are still low on magic! We can't possibly do that," Sora said.

Then, all of a sudden the animatronics disappeared.

Sora and the rest of the two stared at the spot the animatronics were in.

"...W-Where did they go?" Roxas asked.

Sora frantically looked around for the door. He had thought their time in this part of the world was over-

But that wasn't the reason.

Cassidy reappeared, with the golden Freddy suit over her ghostly body.

Sora gasped as the eerie animatronic bear loomed over them.

"Cassidy!" Sora yelled, "Why did you do this to us?!"

"You... Survived it...." She said. "Strange," Her eyes flickered. She slowly drifted to the ground. Her legs didn't land, she still stayed hovered. Sora and his friends watched her wearly. "I guess that's what happens when you have magical powers... You can divert the madness created by someone else..."

"Why did you do this to us?" Sora questioned again. It's not our fault that Afton escaped—"

"Silence!" Cassidy yelled, her eyes glowed the white light even brighter. "If you three didn't come to my world... I would have had my plans done well," She said. "As someone who's basically the world police, you should know it's not alright to meddle in other worlds!" Cassidy yelled. The darkness flowed rampant from her body.

Roxas looked at Sora, then back at Cassidy. He didn't take his hands off his keyblades, and Hayner didn't move his bow from her.

"It's pretty clear that you can not go down without a fight... and I fight is what I shall give..."

She charged at Sora, but Sora was prepared and slashed his keyblade into her.

But Cassidy recovered quickly and zipped through the air, pushing Sora into the wall. "Ow!" Sora yelled.

"Sora!" Roxas yelled. Roxas looked at Cassidy angrily and tried to defeat her with his two keyblades, but as soon as he swung them, Cassidy disappeared. Roxas gasped because he lost his balance. But then Cassidy reappeared behind him, grabbed him by his shirt collar, and threw him at the prize corner.

Hayner grabbed his bow and arrow. "Cassidy stop this!" He yelled as he aimed it at her. Cassidy slowly looked in his direction. Hayner let go.

The arrow traveled through the air- Seeming like it was going to hit the vengeful spirit, but then she caught it. Hayner blinked. Hayner couldn't escape what happened next, Cassidy took the arrow and threw it back to Hayner at an unrealistic speed, and Hayner got blasted back by his own arrow.

"Hayner!" Sora yelled when he saw Hayner lying down on the ground. He wasn't sure if Hayner was badly hurt, he wanted to use cure, but he figured he could use a potion on him, but Cassidy was too powerful right now to take his eyes off her. He realized that he needed to use highly powerful magic. He has never tried to use high-powered spells while low on mana before, since it can be quite dangerous. But he realized he had no choice. He quickly got off the floor and ran over to Roxas, who was trying to get up.

Cassidy noticed Sora getting up, and tried to bash him back into the ground, but Sora managed to slip around her. "Roxas! We have to use light! Please!"

Roxas slowly got up, "Sora, that's dangerous. We are low on-"

"I know that! But we have no choice!"

Sora noticed Cassidy's coming closer.

"Please!"

Roxas sighed. "Ok... let's... do it," Roxas summoned his two keyblades and aimed them into the air. Sora then did the same with his own.

Sora felt the power building up in him, when the three keyblades formed into one-, Sora and Roxas held it at the same time.

Cassidy's got wary and stopped for a second.

Sora looked at Roxas, and he nodded.

They looked back at the possessed golden bear.

"LIGHT!" They shouted in unison.

A huge ball of light summoned in front of the keyblade. Cassidy gasped, but before she could move, the ball of light zapped into her. "AHHH!" She yelled, and the darkness instantly went away from her body. Sora and Roxas tried to keep their composures from using this powerful magic, but it wasn't easy. They slowly started to feel weak as time went on from them using it.

Cassidy fell to the ground, the light was still shining on her.

"Come on..." Sora said. "Walk up to her..."

He and Roxas slowly started to walk up to Cassidy, aiming the keyblade at her, the light was too powerful for her. She fell to her knees, the golden animatronic vanished off of her.

Sora felt like he was hit back a truck, once the magic died out. Same with Roxas. They both were incredibly powerless. Sora could barely keep his composure to keep his eyes open, but then he saw Cassidy slowly drifting up. Then she went in a lying down position, and there was a glowing red, crystal-like Heart above her chest.

"N-No...Nonono!" Sora gasped. He tried to get up.

"Roxas! Cassidy's Heart is out of her body!" Sora yelled. Roxas looked back at Sora, but he was too weak to move, it would take a while for both of them to recover. But Sora had bigger problems ahead. He didn't want Cassidy hurt, he just wanted to get the darkness off her body.

"Cassidy!" Sora yelled. He didn't know what to do.

*****

Cassidy felt like she was falling. She opened her eyes and looked around. Was she in a void? It was pitch black around her. "What is this feeling... Why do I feel like this?" She said out loud. But then, she felt like she slammed down onto something.

"OW!" She yelled. She gasped and looked around. The sky was pitch black, with a red hue. She blinked, then sat up. There was solid ground below her. She realized she was... okay. She looked up, and looked around. The area around her looked all pitch black, with the area glitching every few seconds to a red color. She got up. "Where... where am I?" She asked as she looked at the weird dark matter around her. It seemed to be a version of a forest. There were what seemed to be trees around her. She turned around and saw a pit of red liquid. She blinked, then looked at the trees in the distance. "Is... This a lake?" She wondered out loud. She stepped a little closer to the lake of this red water, but then:

"Come over here," said a voice.

Cassidy gasped. "Who said that?!"

"Over here..."

Cassidy looked to her right, and at the bank of the lake, was a dock over the lake, a man was sitting at the edge, holding a fishing rod. "Come," He said tapping the side of him, on the wooden dock. "Sit with me a while."

Cassidy looked like she didn't trust him at first, but she still went over to them. But she didn't take her eyes off of them at all.

She walked onto the creaky dock and sat down on it, at the end.

"Beautiful time to fish, isn't it lass?" The man said casting their line into the red-hued waters. Cassidy looked over to the man.

Cassidy didn't say anything at first. But something about this man's voice... She looked at him closer. The voice sounded familiar.

But, she didn't say anything and looked back out into the lake.

They stayed quiet for a moment, but that was until the man said something.

"Leave the demon to his demons," He had said.

Cassidy looked at him. "What?"

"Leave the demon to his demons," The man said again. He looked at Cassidy. "You fought enough. Rest your own soul lass. He isn't worth your time,"

Cassidy looked at the man again. The man was red, and glitching. It was hard to make out his face. "Who are you?" Cassidy asked.

"You can call me Old Man Consequences lass," They said.

"Your voice," Cassidy mentioned. "You have an accent..."

"Aye, I do," Old Man Consequences said. "And sometimes I bloody hate that I do. Not that having an accent is bad, of course... But the family tied to it... Yeah,"

Cassidy blinked. "M-Michael?"

Old Man Consequences looked at her. He softly smiled. "Leave the demons to his demons, He isn't worth your time," He said. Then, he continued to talk. "You shouldn't have hurt Sora and his friends like that,"

Cassidy looked down. "I... I was foolish,"

"No," The man shook his head. "You were blinded by anger," Old Man Consequences said. "There is a difference."

Cassidy sighed.

"Although, I sense... There is... Something else is brewing. Should you go forth and solve it? Probably not,"

Cassidy looked at him. "What do you mean?"

"The Remnant is actually has not ended. It has... only just begun," Old Man Consequences said, he closed his eyes and made a deep sigh. "He... is back. But not in the way that you'd think."

Cassidy gasped. "What?! Well... he did escape! Sora and his friends let hi—"

"No," Old Man Consequences said. "He is floating alone in a void. But... what he had done has tarnished Fazbear's name. Some people even got influence by what he had done and wants to be like him.

Cassidy gasped. "I have to stop it!"

"You need not," Old Man Consequences said.

"But I want to!" Cassidy yelled.

"You can't," The man said. "Only he himself can stop the madness,"

"Then... I get him back!"

"Are you mad?" Old Man Consequences asked, looking at Cassidy. He shook his head. "That'll be... not a good idea,"

"No! I'll keep a close eye on him, and if he steps out of line... he's finished!" Cassidy snapped. "You told me that it's him who can probably end whatever is happening,"

Old Man Consequences nodded, "Yes. That is true Cass, but... This is Afton we are talking about. He wouldn't listen,"

Cassidy stood there for a moment. Maybe there was a way to break Afton. "I know you are Michael... Old Man... Consequences," Cassidy said to him. "You years ago got the trust of the angry spirits," Cassidy saw Old Man Consequences's expression change. "If you did something like this, who's to say I can't change Afton? Maybe I need to do more, and I'll figure it out,"

Old Man Consequences sighed. "It's your call, Cassidy. But, first, your friends who you turned on. You need to check on them. They're worried about you,"

Cassidy nodded.

A door appears behind her.

"Go inside, That'll lead to them, then you can do what you need to do,"

Cassidy looked at the man. "What about you? What will you do? Will you come as well?"

"Who knows," Old Man Consequences said. "The remnant is back, it's probably only a matter of time before I get called by it. I won't remember my time here if that decides to happen though, Cassidy," He said. "You go on, ok?"

Cassidy nodded. She stood up, you could hear the creaking of the wooden planks of the dock. Then, she turned to leave.

"Good luck on your quest..." Old Man Consequences said as a final talk. "I hope you will be golden,"

****

"Oh no, what should we do now!?" Roxas yelled. He and Sora were both recovered from the tremendous magic they used. They still were a little weak, but they had bigger fish to fry. They had no intention to kill Cassidy. Or had the intention to rip her Heart out.

And the other fish was Hayner, who was still knocked out. None of them could use Cure, and from a massive blow like this, not even a potion could help.

After they thought all hope was lost, the Heart slowly started to descend into Cassidy's chest.

"Huh? W-What is happening?" Sora asked, after seeing it happen.

The Heart entered her chest, and Cassidy jumped awake.

"Ahh!?" Both Sora and Hayner gasped.

Cassidy floated in the air, then she looked at the two boys. Her head then drifted over to Hayner. In a quick zoom, the ghost flew over to him, and then placed her hand on them. Her hands glowed, and Hayner awoke.

Sora and Roxas gasped.

Cassidy then left from Hayner, then flew up to Roxas and Sora.

"Woah!" Roxas yelled.

Cassidy placed her hands on both of their shoulders. "What are you-," Roxas and Sora both felt a weird pulse going through their body. They felt normal again. They didn't feel weak anymore.

"I am very sorry," Cassidy said. She shook her head. "I really am. That was foolish of me,"

Sora and Roxas looked at each other and then back at Cassidy.

"I am not looking for forgiveness, or anything like that. I let my rage take me over, and I attacked you boys who are the nicest people I have ever met," She looked back at them. "Again, I am very sorry,"

Sora felt bad for her. "Cass... It's okay. Really,"

Cassidy looked to the side. "I must go now," She then disappeared.

Sora and Roxas blinked at the empty area that Cassidy was hovering over. Hayner was still slouched on the wall. "Did... is she gone?" He asked.

Sora was about to respond with something. But then the area started to vibrate.

"Oh shit! What is going on now?!" Roxas yelled.

"Ahh!" Hayner screamed, and he quickly jumped up.

The area was glitching, and vibrating. Like reality was tearing apart.

Then, the door appeared near them.

"Guys! The door! Enter it!" Sora yelled, grabbing Roxas's hand.

"Come on Hayner!" Roxas yelled.

They all tried to enter the door, but then the area blew up, sending them into the portal faster, and they all ejected out the door into the other dimension. "Oof!" They all grunted as they landed on the grass. Some of the contents of the pizzeria blew out from the door, with most of the plush toys that were on the shelves of the prize counter.

Sora lifted his head up. They were back in Fazbear Hills. Sora looked back at the door. It was off its hinges. The door was tossed to the side, and though the door was a dark void. "Oh no..." Sora said.

"Get off me... Please..."

Sora gasped. He got up. He was ontop of Adventure Fredbear.

"Oh my gosh! I'm so sorry Fredbear," Sora yelled. He picked up the tiny animatronic and set him upright on the ground. "Are you ok? I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to crush you,"

"I'm okay," The small robot said. "Systems are functional," It said with a happy expression.

"Sora... What the hell is this?" Hayner said.

Sora turned around and saw Hayner poking his head into the door.

"Hayner, don't! Be careful!" Sora yelled at him.

Hayner quickly backed away from the door. "Don't worry Sora, I wasn't gonna jump in..."

"What happened to it?" Roxas asked.

Sora walked up to them. "I'm not sure, but it was created by Cassidy, right? Do you think because she left the place got destroyed because she's not connected anymore?"

"That seems like the reason," Roxas said.

"Yeah," Hayner said.

Sighing, Sora looked to his right. "Guys, there's only one door left," He said pointing to it.

He heard a groan from Hayner. And this time, even Roxas agreed. But they had to do it regardless. "Come on guys, it's just one more, after we are done, we'll have a well-earned break in Twilight Town," Sora said to them.

Hayner nodded. "I can taste the SeaSalt Ice-cream already," He said.

"Before you all go-," Fredbear came up to them holding a pizza box. "I figured you all might be hungry,"

"Oooh, PIZZA!" Hayner gasped.

Fredbear chuckled. "I tried to make the pizza giant since you three are bigger than the most of us here," He said handing them the box.

"Thanks so much, Fredbear!" Sora smiled. "We were just traveling so much we forgot to eat anything really," Sora said.

"Just like old times right?" Roxas giggled. "Always was doing crap, and we forget to eat,"

Sora's stomach rumbled loudly, eliciting laughter from his friends. He blushed in embarrassment and rubbed his belly. "I guess I'm really hungry," he admitted, smiling.

"Seems like it," Roxas chuckled.

 

Chapter 35: The Quest

Chapter Text

All three of the boys, plus Fredbear, were standing around at the lot with all the doors, that lead into the small pocket worlds they had previously left. The pizza box was sitting on the floor, while Sora was leaning up on one of the door's frames, munching away on a pizza slice. Roxas and Hayner were doing the same.

Roxas was standing near Hayner, he looked over at Fredbear, who was to his left. "This pizza's really good Fredbear!" He said.

"Not gonna lie, it's way better than the ones from that door," Hayner said, pointing to the second door amongst the others.

Fredbear gave them a comforting expression. "You really think so? Well, thank you!" He said cheerfully. He then looked over at the new door. "So... you all going to go into that... new door?" He asked.

"Yeah... we gotta," Roxas affirmed.

"Well, I won't stop you. At least you guys got something to eat for your journey," Fredbear said nodding.

After Roxas took the last bite of his pizza, then swallowed it, he looked over at Sora. "You ready Sora?"

Sora nodded. "Yeah, let's go,"

 

 

*****

*****

*****

*****

*****

 

 

I always come back... And I always will...

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Cassidy.... took a deep breath, then opened her eyes. Her eyes looked around the dungeon-like walls, that loomed around her. The dark, decrepit atmosphere didn't set right, with the green leaves that hung off the walls, all glitching, and fading in and out of existence, with a purple-like hue to everything.

 

She turned her head and looked behind herself. At the body of... Afton. It was lying on the ground. Probably... because Cassidy had to give him another good slap in the face when she had dragged him back out of the void.

Cassidy hovered over towards Afton. She could see that he was knocked out. But not for long.

She raised her hands, then slapped Afton across his face. The slap echoed throughout the dungeon.

"AHH!" Afton winced, then blinked. He looked up at Cassidy but with a tired-looking expression.

Cassidy then slapped Afton again. "Wake up!"  She yelled at him. Then slapped him again.

"OUCH!" Afton yelled. "What in the bloody..." Afton blinked, then looked up at Cassidy who was hovering over him. She was looking at him with anger in her eyes. Her eyes were completely black, with bright white pupils. Afton gasped, then tried to back away.

"N-No! Get away from me!" Afton yelled.

Seeing Afton try to run like that, Cassidy grabbed Afton by his collar. "Listen to me you barf bag, I don't want you here at all... But I need you to be here! You're the only one who can supposedly end this mess!"

Afton just sat there, out of breath, and terrified as Cassidy held his shirt collar with such a strong grip. "I-I... what?"

"Look around!" Cassidy yelled.

Afton darted his eyes all over the room. "I- What... What is this?!" He looked at Cassidy. "I didn't do this!"

"You didn't, but you did!" Cassidy screamed.

Afton blinked. ".....What?" He said with confusion on his face.

"Ugh!" Cassidy yelled, then let go of the shirt color, letting Afton drop to the ground on his back. "Oof!" Afton grunted. He groaned, then stood up. He looked around, then at the walls. The walls were glitching in and out, and there were some blocks scattered around that had a computer panel-like texture to them, and they were glowing. "What... what is this?"

"This is all your fault!" Cassidy yelled.

"M-My fault?! Cassidy what the bloody hell are you going on about lass?!"

Cassidy's eyes went red, and she zoomed up to Afton's face. "Don't you dare call my name!" She yelled her red eyes piercing into Afton's soul. "My name isn't worthy to come out of your mouth!"

Afton gasped, then took a step back.

Cassidy's eyes went back to being black. "Follow me..."

"Follow you? Where the hell even are we?! I can't trust you!" Afton yelled.

"Hmm... Just like when you told me to follow you. See how it feels?" Cassidy said side-eying Afton. Afton just stood there, watching her.

"Come on," Cassidy said. "This way. You have no choice. Consider you being here as a privilege,"

*****

Afton and Cassidy walked down the dark decrepited hallways. Afton didn't know where he was, or what was happening. He just stayed near Cassidy but at a distance.

Cassidy didn't want Afton with her, but she knew there was no choice she could make. If he was needed to solve and end this madness, then so be it.

"Cassidy, what is going on-,"

"Don't talk to me..." Cassidy said sternly, as she continued to walk. "Just keep up, and don't say a word."

Afton stayed quiet after that. For a good moment, until the walls started to fade in and out. "W-What's going on?!" Afton yelled out. More of those computer-like blocks appeared around them.

They were appearing out of thin air, and landing on the ground by their feet.

Cassidy tried to move one of the red ones out of the way, but it zapped her. Wincing from the pain, she blinked and then looked up. "Careful," She said to Afton. "Not that I care about you, but... these things seem like they can hurt us as spirits. Watch your back," Cassidy slowly tried to drift around the blocks, so her spirit body wouldn't touch it.

Afton was too busy looking behind himself, to have seen that Cassidy had gotten hurt by the blocks. "Huh? What do you mean?" Afton saw Cassidy moving away from him, trying to avoid touching the strange blocks. He looked down at one of them. "This little thing?" He stretched his arm toward it, then laid a finger on it. Afton's eyes widened as he felt a surge go through his body, and he got blasted back and bashed into the wall.

Cassidy heard the commotion, turned around, and saw Afton one with the wall. All she did was shake her head, then turn back around. "Idiot..." She said loud enough for Afton to hear.

She made her way through the halls until the glitching happened again.

"Okay, what the heck is actually going on?" She said looking around.

Once she turned to her right, down one wing of a hallway that led to a dead end, there was a head of a green, glitching, deformed rabbit.

Cassidy gasped, put her arms in front of her, then shoved it into the wall. The rabbit got blown up into many of the blocks.

Just at that moment, Afton finally caught up with her.

"The bloody hell happened? I heard an explosion," He said looking at Cassidy standing in a fight stance, in the hallway that led to nothing.

Cassidy sighed, then stood up straight. "Are you "bloody" blind?" She said rolling her eyes, saying "Bloody" with a fake British accent.

"I-I just came over! I wasn't here!"

Cassidy scoffed. "There was a rabbit...."

"A... rabbit?" Afton asked, confusion taking over his face.

"Yes... and it exploded into those blocks... "

Just then, more of those rabbit heads appeared again.

Afton gasped from seeing them. "W-What are those?!"

"Our enemies. They don't want us here," Cassidy got into her stance, arched her back, then shoved her arms forward, and blasted all of them back. The blocks once again showed up. "Don't touch the blocks," She reminded Afton as she slowly drifted around them. "Just progress forward,"

Afton looked at the blocks with a worried face, then tried to navigate around them, without touching his body on any. "Cassidy... please, tell me what's going on..."

Cassidy was already ahead of the blocks. She stood still for a moment. Afton stopped walking when he saw she was just standing still. She looked behind her slowly, looking directly into Afton's face.

Afton felt a sense of unease.

Cassidy just stood there, staring into Afton's eyes with a look of anger. Then... she finally said something.

"Something here... is using you. They're somehow using your consciousness," Cassidy spoke.

Afton's mouth hung down a little. "My... consciousness? What... what do you mean?"

Cassidy fully turned around. "People are becoming brainwashed by your past... actions. They're following a cult... from this- this virus..."

Afton squinted his eyes. "Come again?"

Cassidy flew up to Afton's face. "Do you see what you've caused?!"

Afton gasped, then backed up, trying to protect himself from Cassidy. "I don't understand! How is that possible!"

"Well, it is! And it's happening! I'm trying to fix it! But the truth is... only you can successfully get rid of it all," Cassidy drifted away from Afton's face, backed away, and then flew down the pathway slowly.

Blinking, Afton just followed her. Not saying anything for now. After walking some more, more of those rabbit heads showed up, but Cassidy took care of all of them. Afton just hung back, while she did her thing.

But After walking for a few minutes, that felt like hours, Afton had to get something off his chest.

"Cassidy..."

Cassidy didn't answer him and just kept floating down the hallway.

"Cassidy..." Afton repeated.

"Don't talk to me, Mr. Afton. Just make sure you avoid touching the blocks," Cassidy spoke.

"No... please, I need to say something,"

Cassidy sighed, then looked behind her as she still was floating forward. "And what is that? How much you're a cold-hearted monster who should've been tortured more by me?"

"No... I... I- I just want to apologize..."

Cassidy rolled her eyes and then looked forward again. "Oh please. Like an apology can fix the damage you've done,"

Afton looked down. He was about to say something, but then Cassidy continued to speak her mind.

"The damage you've done to not only me but to Gabriel, Susie, Fritz, Jeremy, Charlotte, your own sons, and daughter, your workers... not to mention that Sora and his friends got wrapped up in all of this mess... all because of you," Cassidy spoke. "You're a monster, Mr. Afton," She turned around to face him. "A cold-hearted demon who deserved all the pain in the world."

Afton stood still. They both stood still, looking at each other. "I... at least hear me out! I want to speak about why I did what I did."

Cassidy stood there... she was squinting her eyes. "Excuse me? Why? You're a cold-hearted monster. There's no other reason!"

"No! Just... let me explain!"

Cassidy stood there, and then she eased. "Fine. On you go. As you would say with your stupid accent,"

Afton took a deep breath, then started to speak-

I lived... a rough life with my family. My eldest, Michael, was a rebel in any way imaginable. Evan was very sweet, but Michael kept on harassing him, and Elizabeth, and it was getting out of hand. Evan was scared of my creations.... and Michael just pressured him so much...

My business partner, Henry... had only one kid, and they had such a close bond together. Always happy with each other, not a single family issue like the ones I had. One day... I let the jealousy take me over... I lashed out at his kid, Charlotte.

I shouldn't have done that... yes, I know that is horribly wrong. I killed more kids after that. I let the rage take me too far.

The day Evan died, I found out about something... I found out about the remnant. Remnant, to my knowledge at the time... I could have used it to harness souls.

I killed more kids... those kids... were you, and the people you know. I wanted to experiment with the remnant. I wanted... to keep your souls for myself. I wanted to have a family again... a loving family. I did all that, not thinking how wrong it was... but then... I built the Funtimes... got to... kill more, so I can gain more spirits...

Cassidy, this was when I changed. No human on earth should have this much power... I let it control me. I went on a power trip. I caused so much pain and suffering... and now you're telling me I have started... some cult. That is not what I had planned. I don't want this, not in the slightest...

Afton then looked at Cassidy. Cassidy stared back at him. She just stood there with a blank expression. "You let the power take you over," She said. "You were weak-minded..." She said. Afton looked down.

"But... so am I," Cassidy spoke.

Afton looked up at her, tilting his head in confusion.

"I raged on you so hard, I forced the spirits to come back to hurt you. Not see the wrong in that at all... they were supposed to pass on... and now, I'm certain they're still lingering around. Just one more thing to deal with..." Cassidy turned around. "When we find what's causing this "cult" and end it... we then find the other spirits... and free them. Once and for all..."

Afton sighed, then started to walk with Cassidy again. "And how do we do that?"

"We'll hopefully cross that bridge when we get to it..." Cassidy said.

***

As they left from another room, that had them fighting a lot of of those green glitching rabbits, they heard a light rumbling sound. Cassidy squinted her eyes as she heard it. "What was that...?" She mumbled. The sound played again, this time, sounding like... a techno sound.

She realized it sounded like the green rabbits, but it sounded way differently. They were in a hallway, it sounded like it was coming down it. There was a corner. Cassidy knew whatever it was, was just around that bend. She looked behind herself and looked at Afton was who walking up to her, looking left and right with a scared expression. "Stop," She said to him.

Afton stopped walking and then looked up at her. "What's wrong...?"

Cassidy turned her head back to the front of her. "Something is around that corner. I can feel it. Keep your guard up," she said.

Afton watched Cassidy slowly drift down the hallway, up to the corner. "Um... what is it you can feel exactly?"

Cassidy fazed into the wall, near the corner edge, then poked her head out from the wall on the other side. It just led to a large room... that had nothing inside. There was nothing there at all.

Cassidy blinked. She saw Afton just turned the corner, and was walking down the hallway, like he had no care in the world. She rolled her eyes, she wasn't going to go out of her way to protect him.

She came out from the wall and then followed Afton.

Once they entered the large room, at every corner, were those digital blocks. The room itself was fading in and out with occasional glitches.

"What is this place?" Afton said.

Cassidy looked around with her head, scanning the area. Sue hasn't seen anything like this before. Especially those blocks. "Remember, do not touch them," Cassidy reminded Afton. "They inflict pain,"

Afton nodded, "R-Right..."

"Not that I wouldn't mind that happening to you," She mumbled. "But I need your help... ugh, I can't believe I'm saying that,"

She hovered around the room, looking for clues. But, she couldn't find any, and she was getting agitated. This was what the path led down. Just an empty square-shaped room. All that was in were with those blocks.

"This doesn't make any sense," Cassidy said. "You didn't see any other paths coming here, did you?" She asked Afton, thinking maybe there was another hallway to have taken back on themselves.

Afton shook his head. "No, I don't think there was..."

Cassidy sighed. She really didn't want to go back, but if that's what they had to do, that's what they had to do. She lowered herself to the ground, and the turned around to the entrance they came in from. "Follow me. Let's try to get-"

There was a rumbling sound.

Cassidy gasped and looked behind her at the back of her, at the back of this room. Afton did the same.

"Cassidy... what was that?" Afton asked, with a tinge of fear in his voice.

Cassidy didn't answer him and stared at the wall. The longer she stared, she started to notice the wall glitching with purple code.

The glitching blocks started to float into the air, then drift over to the spot of the room that was glitching.

"Watch it!" Cassidy gasped as she saw a few of them were about to slam into the back of Afton's head.

But it did before she could've said anything more. Afton fell to the ground.

"Ouch!" Afton yelled as he slammed onto the ground. "Ugh, that didn't feel good..." He groaned and stood up.

Once Cassidy saw that Afton was fine, she looked up and saw all the blocks... even the ones that were behind them in the path they went down, were all flying into the room... taking the shape of something.

A glitching purple and black rabbit.

Cassidy made a determined face. "This is it... let's take it out,"

Afton was now fully on his two feet. He looked up at Cassidy, then at the glitching rabbit. "Take... Take- Take... TAKE IT OUT?!" He yelled. "How the bloody hell are we going to take THAT out?!"